Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ted Lasso Season 3 - Part 2

We're just about at the finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 20, 2023 1:55 AM

Prior discussion here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 2:21 PM

Wait, did Rebecca really say "Freddie Mercury's best talent was flipping straights?"

Am I missing the context/joke?

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 3:08 PM

Keeley looks rode hard and put up wet

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 3:52 PM

Jamie lying in his mom’s lap was a bit cringe

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 3:53 PM

I want to suck Brett Goldstein's tits until I am choking on hair and coughing up hairballs like a fucking cat.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 3:57 PM

Get in line, toots.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 3:59 PM

That guy in op pic could abuse me and I would smile and ask for more.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 4:00 PM

If the show had guts, they’d go with a Jaime/Keely/Roy endgame. They won’t go Jaime/Roy, but stick Keely in there and it could happen!

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 4:34 PM

I was crying like a baby during this episode. Fucking fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Imagine being the locker room attendant for the team. Daily shower watching, jock strap sniffing, and all part of a day’s paid job.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 8:53 PM

I'd have to gather several jocks and uniforms every day.

Especially the furry player.....is that the Dutch dude?

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2023 9:04 PM

I'll take him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2023 9:20 PM

*lifts caftan*

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2023 9:21 PM

I knew I recognized that hot guy at the OP from somewhere. I finally remembered he was on Derek, the UK comedy series staring Ricky Gervais. Damn, I never knew when I was watching Derek he had such a beautifully furry body.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2023 9:28 PM

Roy is indeed hot, but I’d be more interested in getting my cock up Jamie’s fat arse. Damn, THAT’S a nice butt.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2023 10:31 PM

R15 is he a main character on that show? Is it worth watching even if he’s not?

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2023 11:16 PM

No R17, he's not a main character, but he's very present in the series. And yes, it is very worth watching. One of my favorite series ever. Ricky Gervais is stellar as intellectually challenged Derek (and he directed the series). You'll laugh your ass off, and cry like a baby watching that series.

If you really want to laugh, go to YouTube and search for Derek outtakes. They will make you lose your breath from laughing so hard.

Here's one of my favorites. The big guy in the maroon top is David Earl who is one of the funniest humans on earth IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2023 11:34 PM

Keely looks like a worn down old hooker

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 12:45 AM

I still liked Season 3 but....I just don't understand ANY of what they wrote for Keeley this year.

The only thing I could figure is that Juno Temple and the guy that plays Nate were both unavailable for the first half of the season, which is why they were either not in much of the earlier episodes (Nate) or were in some kind of story where they didn't have a lot of scenes with the rest of the group (Keeley).

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2023 12:47 AM

Is that a gray wig on the Nate actor? I see he is in a new movie with Jon Hamm. Juno is in a couple things.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2023 12:50 AM

In case it wasn't obvious, the episode's title could have been "There's No Place Like Home". All The Wizard Of Oz mentions, the Moms, Brandi Carlyle sining "Home" from "The Wiz" over the end credits. And he's from fucking Kansas! I cried my eyes out through the entire thing. Sudeikis is the glue that holds it all together.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2023 5:01 PM

The other Coach is in love but will he go with Ted back home?

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2023 5:57 PM

If there *was* a spinoff, and Ted was either not in it at all or only seldom seen.....

Who would be the must haves for the spinoff to continue?

Juno Temple is probably busy for the next several years and may not be available. I'm sure most of the others don't want to play the same characters forever, and also those Brits love to do their thing for 3 years and then GTFO and do something else.

I'd be all about another season....if it had a purpose. This last season was kinda like the last season-ish of Downtown Abbey, where a whole bunch of horseshit clogged up the first part to tread water for the inevitably more fun/dramatic stuff at the end.

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2023 6:00 PM

Rebecca, Roy, and Jamie are musts for me. Trent Crimm has been underused.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2023 6:05 PM

No point for another season. Let it die.

But, yes rebecca, Roy, Jamie, Higgins are musts. Brett G. seems like he’s got other shit going, so I wouldn’t count on him being a major role. I imagine all the players would come back, why not it seems like an easy gig. I would want Trent but what would be his role? maybe be PR guy for the team. He should get a hot, younger soccer player bf. Would beard stay? Would he want to live in England without his bff? I’m done with Nate and if he’s head coach he’d be ‘the new Ted?’ no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2023 6:17 PM

This is what I liked about some old British comedies. They'd stop making episodes and then 2, 3 or 5 years later if they had another idea they'd make another season or two.

Not just making something to make it.

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2023 6:20 PM

I really would have been fine if we’d have never seen Nate again.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2023 6:23 PM

Does anyone else find this season awful? I remember when this show was actually kind of funny. Now it’s just another maudlin, huggy slog where lessons are learned. Why do so many comedies end up going in this direction? That final scene between Ted and his mother was poorly written and acted. I hope the Emmys will bestow their attention elsewhere this year.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2023 11:19 PM

It definitely should’ve stuck to 30-35 minute episodes. Maybe one 1 hour long ep per season. Most of the filler is lame.

by Anonymousreply 30May 27, 2023 1:40 AM

[quote]huggy slog where lessons are learned

Those footballers are way too wholesome now.

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2023 2:26 AM

Agreed, R31. Watching "You've Got Mail" and crying? The first few times they tried the "players are unexpectedly sentimental and wholesome" thing it was funny, but they've taken it too far.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2023 4:53 AM

I’m convinced the show is using Jamie as gay bait at this point. I’m not even exaggerating—this past episode had several lingering shots of his perfectly round ass, and a moment where Roy and Jamie lean in and touch their heads…almost as if they’re about to kiss. I also got the impression Roy, Jamie and Keely might end up in a throuple.

Episode 11 was one of the better ones.

by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2023 6:20 AM

Yeah this season has been dire. It's not funny any more. Everyone seems distracted like they're bored with it now and wish they were anywhere else.

The hour-long episode format has made it dreary and preachy.

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2023 6:36 AM

As lackluster as this season has been, I did like the “thank you…fuck you” scene. I also liked the revelation Coach Beard was a former felon/methhead.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2023 11:27 AM

Jamie’s butt for r16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2023 11:42 AM

His naked butt was great, but it looks equally delicious in those soccer shorts.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2023 11:49 AM

No woman would have let her son deliver that entire “thank you…fuck you” monologue without interrupting him to, at the very least, saying that he will not speak to her like that. It felt so inauthentic.

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2023 12:43 PM

I think Sudeikis/Hunt et al haven't been as involved with the writing. The two of them and Brett Goldstein have had a hand in some of the better episodes, but there's also a lot of writers on the team who are writing SJW fantasies about what they wish soccer players were like.

(I say that as someone who lives in a SJW bubble, so it's not mean.....but yeah, it's not terribly realistic either.)

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2023 1:27 PM

R36 I just want to snap the bottom of those briefs! Chunky butt. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2023 2:15 PM

In addition to r36's fine post, that Tumblr blog has a few other lovely photos/GIFs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2023 2:25 PM

I just realize the actress who plays Barbara is the same one who plays Fergie on The Windsors! She’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2023 8:12 AM

R42 That's Katy Wix. She's also very good in Stath Lets Flats.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2023 8:25 AM

Katy Wix is also great in Big Boys.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2023 12:24 PM

If there's a Season 4 I really need Barbara to start working for Rebecca. Or Keeley and Rebecca need to be in the same building as Rebecca, Higgins, et al.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2023 3:29 PM

As uneven as the show has been this season I still don't want it to end.

by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2023 2:05 AM

On the Apple TV description is says "Season Finale" which makes it sound like there will be another season.

by Anonymousreply 47May 30, 2023 11:04 PM

But no Ted.

So Long, Farewell.

by Anonymousreply 48May 30, 2023 11:49 PM

the man in OP's picture is so ugly

by Anonymousreply 49May 30, 2023 11:55 PM

R49

GASPS!

*clutches pearls*

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2023 1:18 AM

Last show is on NOW

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2023 4:47 AM

The ending was no surprise but I will wait until more people have seen it

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Why wouldn’t you get your ex-wife and Don to move to England? If she was against it and made you move back to be with your son then she’s a bitch and a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2023 11:48 AM

Maybe because they didn’t want to uproot their whole lives and move to England? Is that fair to ask of them? It doesn’t make her a bitch for not wanting to do that. And when I was 10, I wouldn’t want to move to a different country, either. Ted should’ve been the one to move back.

by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2023 2:00 PM

For those who watched- how did it end with Roy and Jamie? Did either get back with Keely?

What about Trent?

Ted went back to the US, yes?

Rebecca get her Dutch guy?

by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2023 2:07 PM

A solid ending. No surprises, but enjoyable nonetheless.

If you've been watching it, it was very satisfying. While they clearly had it setup for another show, it didn't leave any loose ends.

by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2023 2:30 PM

Did we learn Beard’s first name?

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2023 3:08 PM

[quote]Did we learn Beard’s first name?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2023 3:31 PM

Cool

by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2023 3:39 PM

As much as I enjoyed the show, I feel like the characters have had their stories told.

A new series would simply be a retread or worse, a backward step.

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2023 4:18 PM

Did Ted and his ex wife get back together? Or is she still with the therapist?

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote]Did Ted and his ex wife get back together? Or is she still with the therapist?

Open to interpretation. They never make it clear one way or another.

They never show them break up. However, during the final game, you can see that she sees he's a complete douche. On the flip side, when Ted returns to America, he goes to her house directly from the airport, ostensibly to see his son. It's never made clear whether he had arranged a place to live before returning. Finally, you see Ted coaching his son's soccer game and the wife is in the bleachers with no sign of the therapist.

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2023 5:34 PM

r57 r58 watchoo talkin bout? ;)

by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2023 11:08 PM

This season was weird, so many big events were offscreen like like Ted telling the team he was going home; Nate leaving West Ham, I kept thinking I missed an episode. Seems like a lot got left on the cutting room floor.

When Rebecca was teeing up a possible future with Henry joining him in London; great schools, connections for Michelle to come too, so they could co-parent successfully, it sounded awesome. What a great opportunity for Henry that would have been.

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2023 11:44 PM

MARY! me all you want, but I pretty much cried through the whole episode. This season was spotty, but I still loved this series so much. I will miss the characters, but it should just be done.

by Anonymousreply 65June 1, 2023 12:11 AM

R63 is his name Willis?

Wow, I don’t see it. Interesting choice lol.

by Anonymousreply 66June 1, 2023 2:01 AM

Meh times infinity.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2023 2:48 AM

Nice wrap up all around, but as others have said, few surprises. I was glad to get another look at Rebecca’s hot man.

by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2023 10:00 AM

One thing that I am glad they didn't do is have Ted and Rebecca hookup or become a romantic couple.

I was worried that they'd pull something stupid like that to create conflict for Ted about leaving.

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2023 6:15 PM

Me too, R69. I’ve watched the show from the beginning, and was surprised to learn that “will they or won’t they?” was even a question among some fans. To me, the show never seemed to be headed in that direction.

by Anonymousreply 70June 2, 2023 3:15 AM

For those on Reddit, Brenden Hunt/Coach Beard just hosted an Ask Me Anything, which was interesting. Since he’s also one of the writers, he has a good perspective.

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2023 3:54 AM

There were things I hated about this season but still, I loved this show.

I'll take a slightly frustrating show of people being human to each other any day over the absolute dystopia and relentless darkness of the various crime shows and procedurals. If I want relentless hopelessness and dystopia I'll watch Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2023 4:22 AM

Ah, a little Easter Egg.

So Beard's first name = Willis.

They did the whole let's swap identities thing on the team and Beard is Will and Will is Beard.

Will is Beard.

Willis Beard.

Clever!

by Anonymousreply 73June 2, 2023 4:27 AM

They mentioned that beards first name was Willis back in season 2 but it was disguised as ted saying a line from a movie so it was never picked up on.

by Anonymousreply 74June 2, 2023 10:21 AM

I think the biggest problem with season 3 is Bill Lawrence stopped being show runner. He’s still involved but him not being involved because he’s working on other projects. It affected the quality of the season. I still think it was good especially the last few episodes but the season as a whole was uneven. I don’t want another season. We got the complete story and I’m good with it.

by Anonymousreply 75June 2, 2023 10:45 AM

While I don't want another season or a spin-off because I agree that the story is complete for all the major characters, I wouldn't mind a movie in a three years when Ted's son has gone to college and Ted can go back to Richmond without any guilt.

Additional seasons or a spin-off aren't necessary. But, I wouldn't mind checking in the the gang in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 76June 2, 2023 1:03 PM

R76 Yeah, a movie or something would be fine.

Unless there's a spinoff where Roy and Jamie fall in love and have raw, sweaty sex in front of the entire team, with Trent Crimm filming it all. That I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 77June 2, 2023 2:46 PM

I can see them doing an occasional Christmas special

by Anonymousreply 78June 2, 2023 3:18 PM

Whenever they had a. choice between saccharine or realistic, they chose saccharine. The So Long, Farewell scene would have been unlikely for a Gay Men's Chorus.

by Anonymousreply 79June 2, 2023 3:31 PM

I haven’t seen the finale, but I heard there was a time jump at the end. How much of a time jump? Years?

by Anonymousreply 80June 2, 2023 3:48 PM

I could see a reunion special ( 75-90 minutes maybe) in a couple years where Ted goes back to England for the wedding of Rebecca and the Dutch guy. We could find out what he and the gang have been up to.

I say in three years they can revisit these characters. Let’s have some time to miss them.

by Anonymousreply 81June 2, 2023 3:50 PM

R80 I don't think there was a "time jump" per se.

They showed a few things to sort of tie up the story for a number of characters, but I think those things would have happened in the days and weeks after Ted left, maybe a few months down the line. Trent publishing his book was one of them and yes that takes a while, but they didn't define a specific time frame. So it wasn't, like, "a year later" or "five years later."

by Anonymousreply 82June 2, 2023 6:37 PM

Thanks r82. A couple months ahead makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 83June 2, 2023 9:06 PM

I read somewhere that people were speculating that the ending was Ted's fantasy, because the things I mentioned at R82 were all shown over a few minutes.....and then the last scene of the show was Ted landing in Kansas, so some viewers interpreted it as a fantasy/dream, but the guy who played Beard and a few others said no, that all happened and was meant to show how their lives were proceeding post-Ted.

Obviously, Ted reuniting with his son makes sense dramatically as the final scene.

by Anonymousreply 84June 3, 2023 1:48 AM

A defense of season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 3, 2023 9:17 PM

I'm in the mood for something similar to Ted Lasso.

I wasnt something with a similar tone of comedy and drama. Something positive without being schlocky or schmaltzy. Also, I want something with a satisfying ending.

What does DL suggest.

by Anonymousreply 86June 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Somebody Somewhere

by Anonymousreply 87June 3, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote]Somebody Somewhere

I want a show that ends. I want the sense of finality that comes with a series finale. I absolutely don't want a show that could get cancelled.

I have decided I'm not investing time in tv shows in their first or even second season anymore. I've been burned too many times with shows that get cancelled without even a proper finale.

by Anonymousreply 88June 3, 2023 10:24 PM

R88 It's coming back for a 3rd season....?

by Anonymousreply 89June 3, 2023 10:44 PM

[quote][R88] It's coming back for a 3rd season....?

Was that just announced? I checked on the show based on another DL thread, but not recently. However, with the writers' strike, I'm expecting a lot of shows to get cancelled, as happened last time when a bunch of shows were renewed, then cancelled - not that I'm hoping for that.

by Anonymousreply 90June 3, 2023 10:52 PM

R90 Yes, just announced.

Of course the strike might delay it but as of this second....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 3, 2023 10:59 PM

Fleabag was good. Had two or three seasons. A little more adult than Ted Lasso, but funny.

Andrew Scott lived up to his name as Hot Priest.

by Anonymousreply 92June 3, 2023 10:59 PM

R88. American Vandal season 1. There’s a season 2 but I haven’t seen it. It’s a different story than season 1.

by Anonymousreply 93June 3, 2023 11:01 PM

Arrested Development (seasons 1-3 are best)

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Titus is a gem)

The Righteous Gemstones. The series is still on (season three starts in a couple weeks) but it is a good and funny show.

by Anonymousreply 94June 3, 2023 11:16 PM

The Good Place, r88?

by Anonymousreply 95June 3, 2023 11:53 PM

Shrinking with Jason Segel, Harrison Ford and a great ensemble cast.

by Anonymousreply 96June 4, 2023 12:58 AM

[quote] Shrinking with Jason Segel, Harrison Ford and a great ensemble cast.

Made by the same people behind Ted Lasso - the guy that plays Roy Kent is one of the writers or producers or something.

by Anonymousreply 97June 4, 2023 4:10 AM

R88 has stated his boundaries? (Also recommend The Americans—a great show and a fantastic series finale.)

by Anonymousreply 98June 4, 2023 7:47 AM

Brett Goldstein is one of the writers, R97. He may have a producer role as well -- certainly he interviewed with Harrison Ford to persuade Ford to do it, because he explained how that went to Colbert. Shrinking is worth watching, and is positive like Ted Lasso, but it's not nearly as good.

Goldstein also has a podcast called "Films to be Buried With", in which he interviews people about movies that mean a lot to them. Among many other British guests I don't know, he has episodes with the actors who played Rebecca, Sassy, Nate and Beard.

by Anonymousreply 99June 5, 2023 3:32 PM

Take note of what Ted is reading on the plane home. "How To Change Your Mind"; a book about psychedelics. It's about minimizing ego-driven behavior in adults.

by Anonymousreply 100June 5, 2023 4:35 PM

I agree with the other posters who said it felt like there were a lot of key scenes missing. I wonder why they made the decision to have those pivotal moments -- Nate resigning, Ted announcing his impending departure, etc. -- happen offscreen.

The final season felt scattered and all over the map, but I still love the show and thought the finale's last 10 minutes or so were satisfying. And I agree that they should leave it as is, and not try a spinoff.

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2023 7:28 PM

Season 1 was (largely) smart and snappy in line with the original NBC Sports promos, 2 was an utter mess, and S3 wasn't much of an improvement. Episodes were waaay too long, characters (Zava, Jack) came and went for no reason, the show was still largely clueless about the Premier League. Worst of all, it seemed like Sudeikis didn't want to be there (which I suppose worked for his character). I think a spinoff could work with an excellent, very hands-on showrunner and tight scripts that focused largely on the team and not everyone's daddy/mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 102June 15, 2023 7:40 PM

Like as not in the next couple of years a traditionally acerbic U.K. comedy will emerge as a kind of cultural response to TL, and also to a lot of the negative developments that have wracked the game of late. Probably quite a damning and dark and granular look at the Premier League.

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2023 12:49 PM

I liked Season 3 a lot, but I agree that Zava's presence in the show did nothing except inspire Jamie to be a true great, and bring him closer to Roy in so doing. Something less time consuming could have had the same effect.

Jack was a means of giving Keeley something to do away from the team, but more importantly, contrasting Jack's love-bombing with Roy's almost wordless sincerity was a satisfying pointer to where Keeley really should be, which was the more necessary because we don't see Roy and Keeley back together (yet) at the end of the series. The real find in Keeley's office was Barbara, who was as whacko as Jane Payne.

by Anonymousreply 104June 17, 2023 1:04 PM

Ted now has the GNev stamp of approval

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 17, 2023 1:43 PM

[quote]Nate resigning, Ted announcing his impending departure, etc. -- happen offscreen.

I'd argue those scenes were not only unnecessary, but would actually detract from the character's specific stories.

We know Nate resigned. But, showing it becomes more about Rupert than Nate. His resignation was an internal struggle, not an external one.

Ted announcing his departure makes it about Ted and not about what the team has become.

The Zava storyline serves both Jamie/Roy, but also Rebecca's story. It shows an intermediate step in her relationship to Rupert from where she started to where she ends. It also provides a springboard for the team's story as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2023 6:36 PM

Brett Goldstein revealed in an interview that in the 12 person writers room, all were American but 1 or 2. It shows imo.

by Anonymousreply 107June 17, 2023 6:59 PM

[quote] Unless there's a spinoff where Roy and Jamie fall in love and have raw, sweaty sex in front of the entire team, with Trent Crimm filming it all.

If we're aligning canon with reality and continuing to make Tartt loosely analogous to Jack Grealish, then Jamie needs to re-sign with City as the #10, win the Prem three times then the treble, move in with a Scandinavian teammate, and have frequent team blowout orgies in which he takes the role of host and also cumdump. Meanwhile, a lonely ageing Roy needs to retire, become a pundit, and once in a while remark bitter and acerbic things about Jamie's professionalism or loyalty to the sports media, to remind everyone where Jamie came from and that he's embarrassing himself on a public stage. And that will be that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 17, 2023 7:59 PM

[quote]Ted announcing his departure makes it about Ted

To be fair, the show is called "Ted Lasso" (not "Richmond FC"), so IMO it follows that having any scene or plot point be "about Ted" makes sense.

Ted was the fish out of water, Ted was the one who sparked the change in the team, Ted was the one struggling with whether to stay or go... so it felt like a cheat to have this Big Pivotal Moment (for Ted *and* the team) happen offscreen. We saw his introduction to the team, so why wouldn't we also see his goodbye?

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2023 12:34 PM

I really enjoyed it and am glad to see it sail into the sunset

by Anonymousreply 110June 18, 2023 4:35 PM

Phil Dunster could honestly clean up on OF

by Anonymousreply 111June 18, 2023 10:12 PM

[quote]To be fair, the show is called "Ted Lasso" (not "Richmond FC"), so IMO it follows that having any scene or plot point be "about Ted" makes sense.

I get that. What I meant was that the team as a whole was a character that had an arc. A scene with Ted announcing his departure would both be predictable and detract from the arc of that story. The video that Beard showed that had them in tears was the same scene, but done better.

by Anonymousreply 112June 18, 2023 11:54 PM

Phil dunster is hot

by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2023 3:02 AM

R113 respect to Phil for playing an enthusiastic out bottom in a sex scene (for 'The Man in the Orange Shirt'). Was only a very small part, but he did a really good job, and played it with sensitivity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2023 11:40 AM

Nice, knew he’d play gay well

by Anonymousreply 115June 21, 2023 11:55 AM

Seems like we should be giving Brett Goldstein his own thread after his Thor cameo...

The body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 20, 2023 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!