Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ted Lasso -- Season 3

Discuss.

New season starts today (3/15/23).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 24, 2023 3:07 PM

The first episode was v good. Same quality as the previous seasons.

It really set things up for a lot of stuff to potentially happen.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2023 12:50 AM

I still can't stand to look at that fugly Nate.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2023 2:20 AM

It was nice to see a new episode but I think the sparkle has dulled a bit. It's good that it will end (at least in its current form) this season.

I do still loathe Nate.

And I do still want Roy to put Jamie on top of a bench in that locker room and pound him until he begs for mercy.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2023 4:17 AM

Looking forward to the season, but I'm going to try to wait until the week before the finale to binge all the episodes.

Also, Juno Temple looks alarmingly thin in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2023 12:02 PM

Is Brett's hole as hairy as the rest of him?

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2023 12:59 AM

Jamie's new hairstyle is, well, poopeh.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2023 1:01 AM

The second episode was a bit better, if somewhat predictable

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2023 8:16 PM

I can't see them winning the championship, however I could see them beating the rival team in the ranking.

I think the whole message of the show is that Lasso's coaching style doesn't make you a winner, but a better person in general, not obsessed with winning at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2023 8:54 PM

Roy and Trent should fuck. Forget Keely.

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2023 9:04 PM

All I want this season is Trent & Danny Rojas to have a chat about their hair care routine.

I wasn’t blown away by episode 1 but ep 2 was back to it’s funny self. I could honestly have less of the Keely storyline. She was a great addition to the club & a funny pairing with Roy. I really don’t need to see her go off & have a career elsewhere. It doesn’t add anything to the show.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2023 9:12 PM

R4 you’re correct, she looks way too thin. It’s distracting; all the clothes fit her badly. Plus the bad Botox. She looks like a sunken apple head doll

She was cute as a button the first two season. Wonder what happened? Hope she’s not ill.

The second episode was good. Love me some Roy Kent!

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2023 2:37 AM

Haven't caught up yet, punched out in Season 2 and never finished.

Is my stupid babygirlfriend Jack--sorry, Jamie--faring alright this go around?

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2023 2:49 AM

Thought ep 1 was a disappointment, not especially funny. But I figured it was setting things up for the season. Ep 2 is terrific, funny, buoyant, with plenty of heart. But Keeley (Juno Temple) looks unnaturally skinny to the point where she’s dosappearing, and her hair looks awful. Everyone else looks great.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2023 3:13 AM

How many episodes this season?

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2023 3:34 AM

12 this season.

So 10 more.

And then...if they were serious about what they said, it's the end.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2023 3:39 AM

Am wondering whether there might ever be a more sardonic black Brit style comedy about football made in the wake of this. TL is very likeable but it’s just too sugary and veneered, plus it doesn’t convey the true seedy depths of PL football. There’s so much more of the iceberg we haven’t seen and won’t see in this show.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2023 3:44 AM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2023 6:30 PM

OMG I want them to fuck so HARD.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2023 6:32 PM

He’s so sweet and sexy

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2023 6:33 PM

Terrible hair. Good bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2023 7:12 PM

still need to see Jame on his knees getting caressed and opened up by his team. for verisimilitude you understand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2023 10:31 PM

Little Jamie looks very fetching. The series this seasons so far isn’t grabbing me though

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2023 2:18 AM

Zava (Maximilian Osinski), the new guy, has donkey dick face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2023 5:29 AM

He does, and looks like a football star.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2023 12:13 PM

R23/R24 he’s serving spiceboy realness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2023 1:09 PM

‘Body science’ sounds interesting, I’ll learn a bit with Jamie😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2023 12:17 PM

This show’s for straights.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2023 12:50 PM

This show is such a mess. The success drove Sudekis crazy and he can’t handle the pressure so we get this mish-mash season that wants to be all things to all people.

Oh well, not the first time that a show flamed out and it won’t be the last.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2023 1:04 PM

I stopped midway though season 2, too fucking treacly.

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2023 1:21 PM

R27 the wink-nudge shipteasing in this season is cute I suppose, but also a little disheartening and tired, because you just know it's not going anywhere and the tedious share-a-WAG drama will continue (Footballer's Wives from 20 years ago had more saucy gay & lesbian content). I would even gladly settle for Roy & Keeley sharing sub Jamie in a throuple scenario.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2023 1:55 PM

R28 R28 the show is called 'Ted Lasso' and Sudeikis was originally the marquee name/money draw, but by this season it's really 'Roy & Jamie'. Maybe 'and Keeley' if you're a straight man who likes waifs. No-one cares about the Ted character, and no wonder, because he's so static (as well as American, which...ugh). You could put a perky affable motivational android in Ted's place, and no-one would notice.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2023 1:55 PM

Ted is great

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2023 11:52 AM

I loved the first two seasons but am really not impressed with the current one. It's kinda dull.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2023 3:51 PM

I've loved the show but as someone else said, it's so sugary sweet that it's become over-the-top silly. It's more like a cartoon, or something that would air on Nickelodeon. It's as if with all the funny lines and moments and all the attention placed on "inspirational" moments, they haven't allowed one continuity person on the set. The Hannah Waddingham character is supposed to be the owner of this big club and a wealthy and successful woman in her own right, but there's no sense that she's running any business. NOBODY on this show, when shown in an office, has an actual keyboard and monitor. They've just been given a MacBook Air to sit in front of and type into, to pretend they're doing "business lady work". It's very awkward. I'm not even sure they show a computer in Ted's office. They certainly don't show any screens in the locker room. Even when I played football in high school we had a small screening room to review our games and practice plays.

I've also, for whatever reason, become unable to separate Ted from the Ned Flanders character on The Simpsons. Maybe that's who Sudekis is modeling the character after, but it's so silly and over the top, and nothing about him reflects being a coach of an sport. By the way, what is it that the ginger assistant coach is supposed to do, other than be "quirky" and Ted's best friend? Does his character actually DO anything?

Here's a dark plausibility I've come to consider for the end of this show. Jason Sudeikis has been seeming to make it all about "mental health" lately. Yeah. Suddenly, this light hearted show is being marketed to have a core undertone of mental health challenges. So, it's possible that we see a series end where they win the big game. Rebecca finds love, (thanks to Ted of course), Keeley and Roy marry or whatever, everyone ends up loving one another, England adopts Ted Lasso as a national hero, all is well and happy... and the final episode shows Ted having died by suicide. His happy veneer was only masking some great pain. He was all about "bringing joy" to others and once he achieved it, he felt he had nothing to live for. Everyone ends happy, but sad, and having learned an even great lesson from martyred hero Ted Lasso. .... really. I can almost see this being set up. Would be curious to know if anyone else here see this as a plausible conclusion..?

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2023 5:49 PM

R34 you're twisted and probably need help....but also sort of brilliant. Am not mad at that as an idea.

Would certainly raise awareness about ideational depression in men, as a side bonus.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2023 6:05 PM

I read an article that said that this season is all about "bad dads"

There are so many characters, who are we supposed to care about? I'm bored with Keely, I want to see more of the lady who owns the team.

And enough of that psychiatrist! Yeesh!!

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2023 6:09 PM

Me too R36, I wanna see more Rebecca, less about the anorexic forehead.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2023 6:12 PM

Keely’s character is too OTT and exhausting. And agree that we need more Rebecca.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2023 6:13 PM

Read that many eps this season run 45-50 mins. So tired of bloat with streaming.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2023 6:14 PM

I want to be in Jamie Tartt quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2023 6:14 PM

Exactly why is Keely in charge of an agency again? And who is the CFO?

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2023 6:14 PM

I hate this show and I hate Jason Sudeikis! And I always will!

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2023 6:15 PM

I tried watching several times but just can't get into it. I'm looking forward to Succession tonight.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2023 6:19 PM

R35, okay I"ll give you "twisted" but I don't "need help" just cause I'm being morose and dark... Probably a bit TOO dark, sure. But I'm serious that I can easily see this being a possible end of the series and I wasn't even trying to be snarky.

The cast was at the White House the other day and it was billed as "Ted Lasso cast at White House to bring awareness to mental health". I never knew that was an important angle they were promoting on this show and I suppose that's cool. Although I also think Jason Sudeikis has likely gotten drunk with fame and unbridled praise, so he's likely going to go all "serious actor" on us very soon, where everything he does must correlate to some deep meaningful crusade or social issue. Who knows. But there have been hints dropped that make a series ending with an unexpected tragedy, even if not a suicide of Lasso, quite plausible.

I'd hate that to be the ending but if it is, you owe me a steak dinner R35! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2023 6:20 PM

R40 there's no way he'd turn that down if you caught him post-match high on endorphins or when he's wavy at the club. Slag is absolutely gagging for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2023 6:22 PM

The writers bungled the Keely story line.

She went from an influencer/model to running some big time agency located in high end real estate with multiple employees (that seem to know more than her), spending a small fortune on flowers.

Not sure if it’s being played for laughs, but its not working IMO.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2023 6:22 PM

I loved/love this show but it's probably a wise decision to end it at 3 seasons. We're at the "oh, that's predictable" phase and well, that's a good time to wrap it up.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2023 6:28 PM

Has there been any more Jamie in tight panties scenes? Or just the one in season 1?

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2023 7:33 PM

what is radical about the show is that every story line(besides ned) is always immediately resolved, no hangers or cliff-hangers.

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2023 2:45 AM

R34 to be fair, the Hannah Whaddingwhatever character just decided to get the football club in the divorce and wreck it because her husband loved it above anything else. There is no indication that she was a successful business woman prior to that, just a rich socialite, IIRC. In fact, her bringing Ted in as a head coach was supposed to show that she A. was woefully inept in managing the club, B. firmly intended to destroy it as a “fuck you” to her ex-husband. It’s just that later in the series they got caught up in the agenda to show that women can do everything just as well or better than men when they get around to it.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2023 3:40 AM

And her character was refreshing in season 1 and some of season 2 that she copped to her deceptions and became friends with Ted and Keeley.

Now she's just kind of a walking bag of cliches, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2023 3:42 AM

R50 lmfao as if there haven't been countless disinterested and incompetent managers & owners of football clubs who are men. Plenty of idiot ol!garchs and bankers and society men have taken a club on financially, only to realise they don't know what they're fucking doing, the stress and drain and cost is insupportable, and/or they don't actually care about it as much as they thought. It's a unique and difficult and often thankless task. Half the clubs in the English Prem have current owners, either individuals or business groups, who clearly couldn't care less and aren't up to the job, and 90% of those owners are male (and foreign, but that's beside the point).

That's why Chelsea F.C. struck gold with Abram0vich, and have suffered so badly from his absence. He was a rare breed; a filthy rich man with proper business savvy and disposable millions, who also adored English football and understood the game very well as a fan/manager, and had no qualms about sinking time and emotion and knowhow as well as money into the club.

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2023 2:53 PM

Hope Jason is shucking away his TL money safe and sound so he doesn't get taken for a ride by another woman and cashdrained lol

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2023 1:14 AM

….heaven knows I’ve tried…..

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2023 10:59 AM

I want Roy and Jamie to get together. I feel Roy’s holding back on his inner true self (YAAAASSS KWEEN!) and Jamie was bullied into “Machoism” by his footie obsessed derelict dad. They have better chemistry than Roy and Keeley and Jamie and Keeley. Keeley needs to eat a fucking meal. She’s scary eating disorder thin and it’s hard to look at and it makes her face look older and not attractive so it’s hard to fathom all those hot footballers fawning over her. TedBecca is endgame. They’re soulmates and it’s time to just get this shit rolling. There’s no bloody way the lez like therapist is fucking a hot young footballer. Worst scene ever. Beard takes over as coach, he is totally immersed in UK culture and studies the game (the book referenced in season 3 episode 2) Nate is a troll, like as short and fugly as one. He needs to throw himself off the top of the stadium. We’re not caring about him redeeming himself. He betrayed the Wolfpack! Blasphemy!

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2023 12:34 PM

If this show even hints at gay content, I will eat my hat

TED LASSO is and always will be the straightest show on TV

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2023 1:27 PM

They threw a big hint in the past that Colin is gay when he remarked that Bantr is like Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2023 1:33 PM

[quote] She’s scary eating disorder thin and it’s hard to look at and it makes her face look older and not attractive

she needs to eat a sandwich

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2023 1:35 PM

Colin will come out. And Trent Crimm is probably gay. Let them explore that…

I think at the end Ted will go back to Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 59March 28, 2023 1:36 PM

R40 hopefully Jame is at least getting pegged if not dicked. And maybe walked on a leash like the good pup he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 28, 2023 1:36 PM

I bet he would do well with that, sublimate all of his hurt form having an abusive father.

by Anonymousreply 61March 28, 2023 1:49 PM

Why is why Roy repeatedly jamming his cock into Jamie's waiting, begging hole would be way more than just a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2023 1:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2023 1:59 PM

When is Jamie getting his England callup, then?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 28, 2023 11:33 PM

This show needs a Kevin Keegan in the landrover moment for shock value.

Perhaps Roy gets caught by a pap in flagrante with our Jamie in one of their flash cars...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2023 12:49 AM

I think Trent and Rebecca will end up together

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2023 3:00 AM

[quote] If this show even hints at gay content, I will eat my hat

Hope you're hungry. It was in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2023 4:21 AM

Is Trent not gay?

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2023 11:31 AM

Shit, is he?

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2023 11:57 AM

Nate looks like one of those hollow rubber dolls you could squeeze the body real hard and make the head swell up like a balloon.

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2023 1:02 PM

What was the gay content? I didn’t see the ep.

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2023 1:19 PM

Funny episode tonight but I can sort of see from it how most of the entire rest of the season/series will unfold.

Clearly at some point.....

[not exactly a spoiler but a five year old could predict this.....]

Zava either gets up his own ass even more or fights with someone and ends up with Rupert and Nate, playing for the other team.

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2023 1:28 PM

R72 ‘playing for the other team’ literally or euphemistically? let’s have it right

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2023 2:21 PM

R73 literally. Which is why I mentioned Rupert and Nate.

by Anonymousreply 74March 29, 2023 2:52 PM

Do we reckon Jamie can top a bloke? (Roy or anyone) Or is vers out of the question for such sweet needy pliant little babygirl?

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2023 1:56 AM

I’ll admit that once Jamie Tartt flounced out of the locker room wearing tight white shorts (in the latest episode) I was obsessed, I couldn’t stop looking at that super-round bubble butt. I want him bending over all the time in this series.

by Anonymousreply 76March 30, 2023 2:20 AM

Am hearing some rumblings of diskhorse about the Rebecca/Sam relationship. Some people (not I) are calling it racist.

by Anonymousreply 77March 30, 2023 2:24 AM

How is their relationship racist?

I’m not a fan of it because of the boss/employee thing.

I thought they were over anyway?

by Anonymousreply 78March 30, 2023 2:33 AM

R78 the explanation I heard was that some viewers took offense to an older white woman engaging in sex with a younger POC man, and possibly leveraging her power against him.

Like you, I wasn't conflating Rebecca's authority with her race--it's still weird and a bit inappropriate in a situation where either Sam is white or Rebecca is POC too. And to be frank, there are young men who genuinely desire older women and court that kind of relationship, young ballers will fuck anything that moves, and in any hetero sexual exchange males still have a certain degree of systemic power over their female partner regardless of a diminished age or social status. So you could go round in circles with moral fingerwagging forever.

by Anonymousreply 79March 30, 2023 2:39 AM

The guy who plays Jamie gets hotter each season, but O could swear he’s using a different accent for Season 3.

I liked the 2nd episode way better than the first, but I really have grown to loathe Keeley. She’s annoying and unnecessary. Plus Juno Temple looks like a crackhead, which is off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 80March 30, 2023 2:39 AM

[quote] The guy who plays Jamie gets hotter each season, but O could swear he’s using a different accent for Season 3.

R80 aww it's just the Brummification process bab ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 30, 2023 2:52 AM

Episode 3 was fantastic and had the magic from season one

But, I agree about Keeley. What has Juno Temple done to herself? She’s dangerously skinny, her head shrunk and the fake hair looks ridiculous . She looks shorter too. Her whole appearance has changed.

by Anonymousreply 82March 30, 2023 3:16 AM

Perhaps Juno is going for the Posh look? To be a more authentic WAG?

Tbf she needn’t have, though. There are voluptuous WAGs too, like Rebekah Vardy.

by Anonymousreply 83March 30, 2023 3:41 AM

I was OK with Sam/Rebecca as a diversion but I sure hope they aren't getting back together.

by Anonymousreply 84March 30, 2023 4:05 AM

I like that they’ve done a gay footballer storyline. Anything to push football out the dark ages. Will Trent expose him? I think not but he will be blamed for it somehow. I think they were foreshadowing with Roy telling Trent how much his journalism fucked up his mind at 17.

They need to drop the Keely shit. It’s boring & unnecessary. I don’t care about her mate either. I really liked Keely in s1 & 2 but I don’t know what they’ve done to her character in s3 but I don’t really like her at all.

by Anonymousreply 85March 30, 2023 9:45 PM

Of course they had to trot out the token Asian as the fuckbuddy. Colin’s not that great looking, but he could do better than that fugly twink.

by Anonymousreply 86March 31, 2023 12:52 AM

And nellie to boot.

by Anonymousreply 87March 31, 2023 1:01 AM

I was surprised the Asian guy joined him with the other soccer players at the restaurant. Is he out?

by Anonymousreply 88March 31, 2023 1:03 AM

R88 no, he introduced himself as his "wing man"

by Anonymousreply 89March 31, 2023 1:23 AM

His pussy man

by Anonymousreply 90March 31, 2023 2:43 AM

I would watch another season if it had a scene of Zava fucking Jamie Tartt. Or, JamEH Tahhtt.

by Anonymousreply 91March 31, 2023 3:53 AM

Yum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 31, 2023 4:39 AM

I was disappointed to see that the surprise partner of Colin is a lispy, sugary, feminine guy. Seems like they went for a stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 93March 31, 2023 8:03 AM

R91 Jamie should be fucked expeditiously by each of his teammates after each game. For reasons of morale, and bonding, and as part of a cool down fitness recovery.

With that kind of protocol, Richmond would be top of the table in no time.

by Anonymousreply 94March 31, 2023 12:27 PM

Either Phil is brilliant at fanservice & baiting, loves attention for any reason, or he’d actually be well up for playing Roy/Jamie as sexual or romantic. Perhaps it’s a bit of all three.

[quote] Actor Phil Dunster would 100% be up for [making Jamie Tartt a bisexual character]. Whether it’s filming a post-episode interview for AFC Richmond’s social media which was nominally about leading into the “Beard After Hours,” episode but will forever be remembered for the fact that when Jamie mistakes the journalist’s questioning as an implication that he and Beard are hooking up, to which his scornful response is that Beard is not his type because he’s too scratchy — not, you know, that he’s straight — or liking and applauding an Instagram comment on his page from a fan suggesting that The Crown actor Josh O’Connor should play Jamie’s boyfriend in season 3 it’s easy to believe that there is plenty of scope to view the character as something other than straight, and it’s that it’s scope his actor recognises as well. I’ve always suspected the poster of Roy that we know on Jamie’s wall was something of a childhood crush, an idea bolstered, naturally, by Dunster and co-star Brett Goldstein straight up making cracks about Apple censoring the lovemaking scenes between Jamie and Roy — right for the story, apparently, but just too hardcore in the end.

[quote] Dunster is also the only cast member to have mentioned being aware of Roy/Jamie fanfiction and shipping, and while a good handful of people are into it, it’s not an idea that dominates the wider Ted Lasso fandom spaces by any means. In fact, Ted Lasso is not even a show whose audience particularly gears towards transformative works on the whole. (The show, as of October 2022, has around 3300 works on Archive of Our Own and less than 10% of those are Roy/Jamie stories. Those figures, in the grand scheme of both transformative fandoms or shipping culture, and also Lasso’s wider popularity and audience engagement, are not high.) More widely appreciated by the general audience is the relationship between the actors, whose affectionate bromance made a splash at the Emmys last month when Goldstein, who picked up another Best Supporting Actor trophy, brought Dunster, who unfortunately once again missed out on a nomination, as his date, and in media commitments leading up to the awards, Dunster has continued to enthusiastically fawn over Goldstein, which to date has included waxing lyrical about how hunky Goldstein’s body is, attributing their crackling chemistry to how good he smells, and declaring that he is in love with him.

[quote] All very fun, but more importantly, he’s pointed out the fact that the real love story of Ted Lasso, specifically within the intricate under-one-another’s-skin-for-life triangle his character is locked in, is Jamie and Roy. He’s 100% correct, just in the sense of what those characters mean to one another. They belong together, in whatever way you’d like them to be, and they both belong with Keeley too. “It’s setting it up for where you want to keep the journey going with these three characters, because it’s almost never ending. They could be this kind of awesome family that keeps [twirling together motions] for eternity,” Juno Temple says of the connection between the group. Keeley pouring those two coffees the boys brought her into one cup during the season 1 finale is truly the perfect metaphor for the scenario. I’m not putting Roy on this list overall, but by nature I guess he’s included here because Jamie is Jamie, and because it’s Jamie, Roy might go for it even if he’d never gone for it before. It’s very unlikely the show will go there, but it’s a credit to Ted Lasso that I feel as if it’s not absolutely impossible. That they’re forward-thinking enough and subversive to be in the small bracket of shows who just fucking go for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 31, 2023 12:34 PM

What a Tart(t)

by Anonymousreply 96March 31, 2023 12:48 PM

The “closeted athlete” storyline…. Is anyone incredibly bored by it? Maybe straights still need to see it but as a gay of a certain age I find it boring and personally I’m fucking fed up with the idea that in 2023 ANYONE should feel shame or want to hide who they are.

Being gay is really not a big deal, folks! Yet here it is, a major storyline on a major TV show - yet fucking again. The character isn’t good, he isn’t bad, he’s just gay and that in itself is the scandalous plot line. ENOUGH!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 97March 31, 2023 1:04 PM

Ted and Rebecca are the ones who need to be together not her and her very young employee who is so overly excited about life in general it’s nauseating. He is going to go full on embrace his african roots with his new chef anyhow. Chemistry is there. Keeley is too thin, scary fugly now and her character has REGRESSED. She’s not a “boss bitch” but a dump child who can’t make a proper decision, wants to be everyone’s friend and isn’t smart enough to understand how to run a business. Her friend Shandy (?) needs to get smacked. She’s going to either ruin Keeleys business or she’s going to double cross her. Jealous, Annoying Reality show wannabe and fat. Jamie and Roy have amazing chemistry, I’d love something more but they want Roy/Keeley endgame unfortunately. Beard will be Richmond’s coach when Ted realizes he can’t do it anymore, his lessons have been taught and his sons being raised by the marriage counselor (which BTW FUCK HIS ASSHOLE EX WIFE! That was a shit move to make her date him but shows how she is rude , thoughtless and not really respectful of her sons father) Rebecca doesn’t need to be in UK full time anyhow. She needs to be with Ted and they raise his son (psychics you’ll be a mum speech) Nate is a fugly troll. I don’t want a redemption arc for this weirdo. Only if he goes full on crazy and wipes out his family for the abuse he got and then just loses it on anyone who’s ever made him feel small. Zava: Jamie will figure out his secret…

by Anonymousreply 98March 31, 2023 1:06 PM

R97 in general I agree; it’s pandering, trite, and done to death, territory that’s been raked over too much and is now dry as a bone.

Except in this specific context. Because it is still scandalous and secret and sensitive to be gay in the world of top flight global pro football. It shouldn’t be, but sadly it is, and that’s the reality we’re working with. So there is drama to be mined, albeit for the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 99March 31, 2023 1:09 PM

I loeve the show but I sort of agree with r98

by Anonymousreply 100March 31, 2023 1:35 PM

I'll be interested to see what TL does with this story. Just a regular coming out story is tired.

The interesting thing(s) would be: does the team band together to protect him, validate him? Do they truly act as brothers? Or will they play it very real, perhaps have some of the team members express discomfort?

by Anonymousreply 101March 31, 2023 2:25 PM

Some of those interview comments about with Phil Dunster convinces me Phil himself is either gay or bi.

I know he's played gay before onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 102March 31, 2023 2:26 PM

Phil looks so good at r92

by Anonymousreply 103March 31, 2023 3:04 PM

Is Rebecca going to have a mulatto baby??

by Anonymousreply 104March 31, 2023 3:55 PM

R97 has no clue about what it's like to work with, be on a team with, etc., people from countries that are not as accepting of LGBT folks. Even in countries like the U.S., how open gay people can be depends highly on where they live. That's just reality. It's gotten better in some ways than it used to be, but it's seriously still an issue for many people. Having to be careful and private is still necessary for some people.

by Anonymousreply 105March 31, 2023 5:20 PM

R105, re-read what I posted: “maybe straights still need to see it”

Of course I’m aware that people are still dying for being gay. I’m saying as an American consumer of pop culture, I am personally bored by that storyline.

by Anonymousreply 106March 31, 2023 5:40 PM

R105 exactly.

Also, worth noting British/Euro jocks are a rather different breed than American, and non-Western jocks are another breed again. The 'don't ask, don't tell' culture is alive and well in non-American sports, as is the notion of horseplay and 'boys being boys' being comfortably tolerated or even accepted but remaining behind closed doors. In Western Europe, coming out isn't seen as such a necessary or noble thing as it is in the U.S. (probably because there isn't heavy ubiquitous religious/political pressure to be straight), and it's also not seen as such a big deal as in Eastern countries where to claim a gay identity is to ask for the death penalty.

It's this odd middle ground, where to be a gay sports player or a sports player who has same-sex relations is accepted and everyone knows it goes on, but there's still a big reluctance and embarrassment to announce it and make a song and dance Robbie Rogers style. And with teams at this high level often comprised of players from a mix of cultures, some more accepting than others, there's a fine line to walk and everyone has to be careful not to tread on toes.

Perhaps this is finally starting to change in Britain, though, what with Rainbow Laces, and Ted Lasso having a gay player as a character, and brave lads like Jake Daniels coming out publicly on social media. Several EPL players have also told the press that they're happy with gay lads in their team and they'll support any player who does come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 31, 2023 5:53 PM

To make matters worse, the mincing Asian queen was off to Dubai for work.

by Anonymousreply 108March 31, 2023 5:57 PM

Great show, and great episode three of season three. I am a bit shocked how they introduced a gay storyline so late in the run when it is supposed to end with the third season.

My predictions:

Trent is working for Rupert, either being a spy or writing a hit piece to fuck with Rebecca's team (fucking with their heads like he did with Roy all those years ago).

I think Ted and Rebecca get in a fight over something (Colin being sold off or fired after he gets outed? Would be a total un-Rebecca move from her) which makes him quit the job. Of course, Ted and Rebecca patch things up somehow. But Ted is moving back to the US anyway to stay close to his son. Hence, the show ending.

Rebecca's green matchbook makes me believe that she will have her happy ending after all. Will it be with Roy? There was this moment in season two where they seemed to be getting close.

I thought Colin's boyfriend was cute.

by Anonymousreply 109March 31, 2023 6:00 PM

No one cares if you're bored by that storyline, R106. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 110March 31, 2023 6:02 PM

Trent will become Colin’s gay mentor. He will be a good guy.

Nate will redeem himself (who cares, he sucks)

Ted will go back to America. Without beard or Rebecca or sassy (good).

by Anonymousreply 111March 31, 2023 7:11 PM

My thoughts/predictions:

Clearly Zava will at some point leave and play for Rupert and Nate. Which will set up the David vs Goliath end of the show.

I could see Trent and Rebecca somehow becoming intertwined. Either that or Trent comes out. It was implied that Trent was playing a big role in this season.

I really can't see Rebecca with Ted, because it's been such a great friendship and it would be ruined by romance. And I can't see Rebecca with Sam, because of the age difference and power differential....it was fine as a fling and an "amuse bouche" for Rebecca but it's just....no for a long term.

I loathe Keeley's friend and most of Keeley's story this season but it might be a hard luck kind of story that the more successful you get, the more abandoned you are, or feel you are, by the people you once knew.

Ted really only has two options by the end of the season - either he implodes like his father did, or he realizes his son needs him, no matter how messy things are, and he goes home.

by Anonymousreply 112March 31, 2023 7:18 PM

I think Keeley’s friend will sell stories to the tabloids about the team (to include about Colin’s sexuality), but Trent will initially be blamed.

Zara will die. Nothing exciting…he’ll just die before doing anything significant. And even though it’s ridiculous, I think Roy will be brought back in some redemption tale…winning a significant game.

by Anonymousreply 113March 31, 2023 9:33 PM

R113 lol doesn't Zava just dying out of nowhere seem a bit...extreme? That would really be a deus ex machina.

I know healthy athletes can sometimes just drop dead or have pulmonary/respiratory issues from overwork (e.g. Erikssen and Aguero), or get into unfortunate accidents like crashing in their supercars, but it's still quite a shocking thing to happen.

by Anonymousreply 114April 1, 2023 1:07 AM

Zava's coming in and single-handedly making Richmond win all these games just proves Ted and Beard are shitty coaches.

by Anonymousreply 115April 1, 2023 1:51 AM

Zava has been explicitly presented as a Christ figure. That doesn’t mean he will die, but it’s a pretty forceful clue.

by Anonymousreply 116April 1, 2023 2:09 AM

[quote]I thought Colin's boyfriend was cute.

Me too! He's a little fem and twinky but not a screaming queen. Nice body too. The way some of you were going on I thought he was going to be a neck-rolling, makeup-wearing snap queen.

Colin (Billy Harris), unfortunately, seems to have a pancake ass based on the quick glimpse of him getting dressed.

by Anonymousreply 117April 1, 2023 5:11 AM

Lol @ "pre-Madonna"

by Anonymousreply 118April 1, 2023 5:35 AM

I think when all is said and done, the moral of the story will be: It’s not the destination that matters, it’s the journey. As of now, Richmond is ranked #3 and West Ham is ranked #2. I kind of think everything is lining up for Roy to replace Ted, Jamie to have a career defining moment after Zava is injured or dies, and Ted to go home.

by Anonymousreply 119April 1, 2023 8:25 AM

Savage will wear keely’s makeup, a new wave of makeup lines will take over the world because of it

by Anonymousreply 120April 1, 2023 11:08 AM

^r.e. Keeley’s makeup, does anyone else think it looks anachronistic? It’s not the influencer type of slap I’d expect from a wannabe 2020s WAG, it’s more like 60s/90s retro popstar face.

by Anonymousreply 121April 1, 2023 11:11 AM

Could they have possibly cast a less convincing athletic group of athletes?

by Anonymousreply 122April 1, 2023 11:16 AM

the mexican guy claims he studied soccer to be convincing

by Anonymousreply 123April 1, 2023 11:30 AM

Keely is like a modern day Edina Monsoon. "I PR things ... *trying to come up with something* ... Lulu!". Her new bestie, the one who is apparently obsessed with eating her own hair, is her Patsy Stone. And Katy Wix (Agatha Raisin, UK's Ghosts, The Windsors) is playing an effective, spoil sport variation of Bubbles (from the episode Iso Tank).

by Anonymousreply 124April 1, 2023 11:50 AM

Am currently trying to watch this afternoon’s City-Liverpool fixture without smashing the gaff up in frustration.

Grealish keeps going to ground and flashing his ridiculous albeit gorgeous arse for cheap fouls, so ofc I’m thinking of Jamie Tarrt.

by Anonymousreply 125April 1, 2023 12:16 PM

[quote]I kind of think everything is lining up for Roy to replace Ted, Jamie to have a career defining moment after Zava is injured or dies, and Ted to go home.

I hope the show doesn't do a spin-off. I like it, but it needs to have a definitive ending.

I'm surprised they're introducing a gay story arc with so few episodes left. Also, isn't outing universally understood to be morally unethical these days? Having the journalist discover the guy is gay seems bit on the nose.

I am also unreasonably angry at the counselor dating Ted's ex-wife. It should be considered completely unethical and a basis for losing your license if you date a former patient, just like dating a current one. Transference is a thing in therapy. Also, as a therapist, by definition, you exert undue power in a relationship because you've had access to the inner workings of another person's mind - you've basically been told how to manipulate the person. There is NO way to know whether the therapist didn't sabotage their marriage on purpose, then merely wait a short period of time before swooping in with all the knowledge he gained from the therapy sessions to manipulate her into a relationship.

Strangely, I've never had an issue with a therapist in this manner or known anyone to have this issue, but there's something about it that rubs me the wrong way. It just strikes me as so unethical and manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 126April 1, 2023 3:51 PM

The therapist is hot.....

by Anonymousreply 127April 1, 2023 9:48 PM

I need to slap the wife

by Anonymousreply 128April 1, 2023 11:32 PM

Sleeping with the therapist....Typical wife move

by Anonymousreply 129April 2, 2023 1:50 PM

Do marriage therapists really get with former clients? In tv/movies they do quite often

by Anonymousreply 130April 2, 2023 1:51 PM

hot sluts

by Anonymousreply 131April 2, 2023 1:53 PM

[quote]Do marriage therapists really get with former clients? In tv/movies they do quite often

According to reddit stories asking for advice, not only therapists, but marriage therapists who are supposed to be helping couples. While they're not necessarily supposed to be helping you stay together or break up, they shouldn't be actively angling to end the marriage so swoop in and nail the wife.

by Anonymousreply 132April 2, 2023 2:00 PM

Zava will have a Spiritual Awakening , find ‘god’ and reject all things materialistic. He will quit and live on a kabbutz (spelling?) and then Richmond will realize they were winning on his merits only and not on their own so they take their hero worship of one man and channel it into TEAM WORK which is the ultimate Ted Lasso lesson. Ted goes home but Rebecca realizes he’s ‘the one’ so she and him figure out how to make it work (hence the psychic saying she’ll be a ‘mum’, his sons Hoe bag mom is F***ing the Marriage therapist so she’s not as invested in parenting her kid but getting her pussy taken care of) so Coach Beard is the new coach with Roy (but Roy gets one more chance to play, when Zava refuses) so he and Jamie work together to score the winning goal and make Richmond the number one team. Nate is going to be a mass shooter on the top of the BBC screaming with weapons and then he just cries when Ted shows up to talk him down and he ends up in a mental facility where he needs to be Keely is anorexic and maybe they will finally address it. Her friend is a frenemy and will ruin her reputation and PR business. The smart chick will ultimately save it but Keely realizes she’s Ill equipped for that and runs back to just doing PR for Richmond. Trent will be blackmailed into revealing info on the club by Rupert but ultimately confesses in a presser to what happened and why Richmond deserves respect. Black african dude and chef get married, have kids, Rebecca jealous at first but sees she’s too old and his boss so it’s creepy to want to fuck a child who works for her.

by Anonymousreply 133April 2, 2023 2:19 PM

I like this synopsis very much

by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2023 2:35 PM

No comprende r133

by Anonymousreply 135April 2, 2023 2:39 PM

^Danny, the hot village idiot mexican footballer

by Anonymousreply 136April 2, 2023 2:56 PM

Futbol is life!!

by Anonymousreply 137April 2, 2023 3:32 PM

dumbell danny

by Anonymousreply 138April 2, 2023 6:33 PM

How many more times will R121 shoe-horn “WAG” into thos thread? 20? 40?

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2023 7:45 PM

R134 Jamie's tart tastes so sweet and fresh and moist I bet...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 5, 2023 2:22 AM

[quote] Zava will have a Spiritual Awakening , find ‘god’ and reject all things materialistic. He will quit and live on a kabbutz (spelling?)

This happened with a real EPL footballer years ago iirc. He was doing ok in a top league, quit to join a monastery or something because he said that he was bored/unfulfilled by the lifestyle, and that the profligate sex-addicted ways of footballers disgusted him. The weirdest part is that he wasn’t already religious or from a religious conservative family, just a normal secular working-class Anglo lad. You wouldn’t think these young lads could get enough pills or fanny or flash cars, but apparently a few do actually have a limit.

by Anonymousreply 141April 5, 2023 3:24 AM

r141, Conspiracy theorist guru David Icke was a goalkeeper who switched to New Age and conspiracies and was mocked relentlessly early on in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2023 4:08 AM

R142 no bc Icke actually played for MY hometown team???

this can’t be real I’m actually losing my fuckin mind

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2023 12:27 PM

you need to slap him

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2023 12:48 PM

I'll slap Jamie's face with my fat cock.

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2023 1:47 PM

^I’ll take notes

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2023 2:44 PM

Trent's notes:

*fap fap fap fap*

by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2023 2:57 PM

I find Nate's sudden seeming conscience out of character. Why the sudden guilt?

It's starting to feel like they're using this season to setup a spinoff, rather than bring to a close Ted's story.

by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2023 4:07 PM

it's not the end of the world, it's just the start of me and you. . . .

by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2023 5:28 PM

[quote] Keeley is anorexic and maybe they will finally address it.

That's just too dark for a show like this to tackle with the depth and realism and sensitivity required.

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2023 9:30 PM

I watched this episode after only watching season 1 and the first two eps of season 2, and I was stunned at how skinny she was. She really did look like a bobble head. It’s a shame, she was cute and peppy in the first season.

Roy was still hot I’m glad to see. Zava cracked me up. I think I’ll go back and watch this season from the start and keep with it.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2023 9:39 PM

The end Skype session with Ted and his wife was 100% about Jason Sudakis and his ex. ‘We’ll share grandkids, I love our family, yada yada.” Work your shit out on your own time, man!

Think Ted/Sassy is end game? Or Rebecca? his ex? It’s going to be someone.

by Anonymousreply 152April 5, 2023 9:43 PM

The show needs more naked ass. Thank you, Phil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2023 9:49 PM

I watched and rewatched the first scene of S3/E4 several times 🍑

by Anonymousreply 154April 6, 2023 1:09 AM

What did Roy say about Jamie's balls?

by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2023 3:46 AM

It’s beyond obvious Keeley and Jack will end up hooking up or getting into a relationship.

R155: Roy said, “Now get dressed, or I start flicking your balls.” Too bad he didn’t say “licking.”

by Anonymousreply 156April 6, 2023 6:57 AM

r155, get your clothes on or I'll flick your balls

by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2023 12:15 PM

^ball-flicking, like towel-whipping and hair-tugging and ass-smacking, is common jock horseplay activity in dressing-rooms, that may or may not act as a gateway to more suggestive and intentional same-sexual play later on. Mostly it stops short.

by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2023 12:19 PM

[quote]It’s beyond obvious Keeley and Jack will end up hooking up or getting into a relationship.

I want her to end up with Roy - they balance each other well.

by Anonymousreply 159April 6, 2023 12:40 PM

Richmond doesn't seem to have a legitimate Firm, so is it really a proper club?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2023 3:08 PM

Keeley looked disturbingly thin in the latest episode!

by Anonymousreply 161April 6, 2023 3:17 PM

she's wasting away, her cubby frenemy is eating all of her donuts

by Anonymousreply 162April 6, 2023 3:43 PM

R122 there's not nearly enough homoeroticism amongst the players to be realistic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 6, 2023 3:49 PM

The Roy/Jamie scene is even hotter when you realize the ball flicking comment was Roy’s acknowledgement that Jamie’s dong was visible and his balls were right there for the taking!

by Anonymousreply 164April 6, 2023 4:26 PM

I’m sure Roy and Keeley will be reunited by the end of the series, but damn if Roy doesn’t have just as good if not better chemistry with Jamie.

Also, I’d much rather watch sweet but chronically male-identified Keeley have a relationship with another woman then re-do the love triangle stuff with Roy and Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 165April 6, 2023 5:26 PM

I know it’s been said several times already, but holy shit Juno Temple looks like she’s ready to croak.

WTF, hopefully she doesn’t have cancer and if she has an eating disorder she’s getting treatment

by Anonymousreply 166April 6, 2023 7:57 PM

[quote] I’d much rather watch sweet but chronically male-identified Keeley have a relationship with another woman then re-do the love triangle stuff with Roy and Jamie.

Iirc Keeley in Season One expressed sexual appreciation and attraction to Rebecca, so she's canonically bi. It wouldn't be OOC.

by Anonymousreply 167April 6, 2023 9:24 PM

Roy: Why do you only sleep with a top on?

Jamie: Because I get cold upstairs and hot downstairs.

Roy: I get that.

by Anonymousreply 168April 6, 2023 9:25 PM

I mean I’m pretty much a Kinsey 6, R167, and I have a crush on Rebecca.

by Anonymousreply 169April 6, 2023 10:01 PM

When will we get Tartt in leather chaps and nothing else? I have a mighty need

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 6, 2023 10:25 PM

[quote] Keeley looked disturbingly thin in the latest episode!

She could stand to lose a few.

by Anonymousreply 171April 6, 2023 10:55 PM

There are lots of things thrown into the show practically at the last minute when it comes to an end this season, like Keely and her boss seems to indicate she may go lezzy. Or am I just overthinking the whole "girls should support each other more" concept?

And it's kind of funny, but usually shows with a lot of male eye candy try to get the viewer's attention with rear nudity at the start of the show and none in the final season, but at Ted Lasso we've got two naked male asses in the final season (so far). I don't recall a single ass shot in the first two seasons (the underwear bulge shot of Phil Dunster was the most memorable, probably. But no full on nakedness).

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2023 1:08 AM

Whose ass did we see first? I see Jamie’s upthread.

I hope it’s Roy’s hairy butt!

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2023 1:24 AM

r173, Billy Harris in episode three. He plays Colin who turns out to be a closet case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2023 1:29 AM

Thanks! Small butt, but I appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2023 1:47 AM

Better than nothing

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2023 12:23 PM

It’s an interesting coincidence that Keeley’s second name is Hazell, which was the first name of the main lesbian character is ‘Footballer’s Wives’.

Still, given the demo of this show I doubt we’re getting anything significant on that front. If Rebecca/Keeley are anything, then any intimacy will be only be hinted at or cut away like ‘Footballer’s Wives’ did with the Liberty/Urszula romp.

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2023 12:35 PM

Keeley’s last name is Jones. Is her middle name Hazell?

The actress who plays Bex is named Keeley Hazell and was the inspiration for the character Keeley Jones. (She was/is also Jason Sudeikis’ girlfriend or fuckbuddy. It’d be weird as shit if he based the character on her and named her Keeley Hazell Jones. Obsessed much?. Coincidently, or not, Keeley Hazel’s middle name is Rebecca…)

by Anonymousreply 178April 7, 2023 3:11 PM

I think Ted/Sassy probably has parallels to Jason/Keeley Hazell.

by Anonymousreply 179April 7, 2023 7:33 PM

This is a small nitpick that probably won't bother U.S. viewers, but all through the show I've found myself wanting to hear grime & garage & drill soundtrack music, working-class urban U.K. sounds that footballers have for decades tended to like and listen to. It would add immersive realism and credence to get tracks like that in the background at least.

But obviously it's not that type of show, perhaps too light-hearted and family-friendly and international.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2023 12:18 AM

I genuinely enjoy the soundtrack, and I usually hate them in sitcoms like this

by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2023 1:46 PM

I thought Episode 4 was so fucking depressing. I'm ok with them wrapping it all up at this point. The show has lost whatever magic it had.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2023 2:33 PM

10 episodes this season?

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2023 4:16 PM

DigitalSpy aren’t happy with the gay representation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2023 5:27 PM

Keeley and Jamie will get back together. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2023 6:14 PM

Gayness is scary and weird. Thanks, Ted Lasso!

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2023 6:24 PM

gayness is queer as fuck

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2023 7:01 PM

Keeley and Jack will get together, leaving Jamie free for Roy. I think that’s how it should end.

by Anonymousreply 188April 8, 2023 7:29 PM

The article in R184 acts like the show is over and they never mentioned Colin being gay again! There’s still six episodes left, chill author. They’re for sure going to address it.

And I think it’ll be Trent talking to Colin, not as a nosy former reporter who wants to out Colin as an inside scoop, but as a fellow gay ready to offer an ear or some advice. I can’t see Trent having nefarious goals with this. He already feels bad for writing about Teds panic attacks, no way he’ll out some kid.

by Anonymousreply 189April 8, 2023 7:44 PM

Keeley has the body of a 11 yr old girl and the teeth are very British. Her lack of awareness on how to run a business is infuriating. She thinks lunching is all she’s required to do. Now she has the other reality show hoe as her assistants but it’s evident she’s going to fuck Keeley over with going into business for herself. I loathe that whole storyline. James needs to fire that dumb fuck and teach keely how a real woman runs a business also they are going to 100% eat each others boxes. Jamie and Roy have more chemistry anyhow. Ted and Rebecca should have always been endgame in this. If they fuck it up and give Ted and his whore wife a second change. I’ll hate this show and never want to see more of it. Sam and his chef are going to be the new African power couple. Nate is a troll who needs to go on a murderous rampage of his family who fucked him up then attempt suicide.

by Anonymousreply 190April 9, 2023 12:12 AM

I hate Ted Lasso, and I'm not afraid to say it! My students told mey opinion is "controversial." They can go fuck themselves!

by Anonymousreply 191April 9, 2023 12:16 AM

Ted has no sex appeal, he is too corny. The actress playing Keely looks like hell. I first discovered her in the show Vinyl and she looks so different now.

by Anonymousreply 192April 9, 2023 12:19 AM

[quote] Keeley's lack of awareness on how to run a business is infuriating. She thinks lunching is all she’s required to do.

In fairness, the higher up the business ladder you climb, the less work you are required to do and the more you can delegate. Unfairly, considering the pay grade.

by Anonymousreply 193April 9, 2023 12:25 AM

R191, you seem like a really happy person.

by Anonymousreply 194April 9, 2023 12:34 AM

Phil Dunster needs to do some squats. Although pretty, his ass is soft and jiggly, not at all what a pro soccer player's ass is.

by Anonymousreply 195April 9, 2023 12:42 AM

R195 tell that to Luke Shaw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 9, 2023 12:46 AM

I think Juno Temple may be struggling with the nose candy.

by Anonymousreply 197April 9, 2023 12:54 AM

No-one has been or likely will get fucked to death in this show. They just don't make football dramas like they used to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 9, 2023 1:00 AM

R192 I think Ted has a little sex appeal as long as he’s not talking or wearing his sun visor. He’s tall with nice shoulders. I’d take that mustache ride…

by Anonymousreply 199April 9, 2023 1:02 AM

I'm wishing a combo of Ted and Boss Lady.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2023 1:24 AM

Ted and Rebecca would be hot, but it would also kill their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2023 1:34 AM

I think Rebecca would lose patience with Ted

by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2023 1:36 AM

Rebecca should hook up with Trent Crimm if he’s into women. Curve ball!

This scene was cute.

Ted will go back to Kansas. He’s gotta be there for his son like his dad wasn’t for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 9, 2023 1:44 AM

I just love Hannah Waddingham.

by Anonymousreply 204April 9, 2023 3:31 AM

[quote] Rebecca should hook up with Trent Crimm if he’s into women. Curve ball!

Trent Crimm is a devoted family man. Don't you remember the Christmas special? The players came over to his Christmas dinner with the family.

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2023 6:36 AM

No, r205...they went to Higgins' house for Xmas dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2023 7:01 AM

r206. Oh shit, of course. Mixed the names up. So sorry.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2023 7:09 AM

Trent Crimm is the one that looks like he was in a band that opened for the Blow Monkeys in the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2023 2:48 PM

Crimm works for Rebecca’s ex, he’s a spy

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote]DigitalSpy aren’t happy with the gay representation.

DigitalSpy can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2023 7:00 PM

R209 I don’t think so. Why would he?

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Trent Crimm has a soft spot for Ted. No way he’s a spy. Trent’s a good guy.

I too predict that Roy will become head coach. Ted will finally heal from his divorce and move back to Kansas to be with his son and watch him grow up. Beard moves in/marries Jane and stays in the UK

Jamie and Keeley get back together. Keely fires Shandy (Shandy betrays her) and learns the hard way on being successful.

Jamie surpasses Zava in being a top player (with Roy’s coaching).

Not sure about Rebecca. Maybe she’s pregnant with Sam’s baby but doesn’t end up with him. Her ex gets caught cheating and Bex divorces him and get Manchester in the divorcé settlement, becoming the new Rebecca

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2023 7:39 PM

[quote]Her ex gets caught cheating and Bex divorces him and get Manchester in the divorcé settlement, becoming the new Rebecca

That would be hilarious, but how stupid would the ex have to be not to have a better prenup after losing the first team to Rebecca.

by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2023 7:52 PM

But the fortune teller said Rebecca would be a mom so either

(a) Sam fathers her baby

(b) Some other dude fathers the baby

(c) Someone dies and Rebecca raises the baby or child - Bex? Sassy (Nora's mom)?

by Anonymousreply 214April 9, 2023 7:56 PM

The show seems to be set mid season and Richmond were playing Rupert's team West Ham (not Manchester) to go top.

So failure is not an option for Ted, Rebecca, Richmond or any of the players.

They've previously been relegated so playing in Europe will be a huge victory and being huge financial rewards and new players.

A Leicester like victory would not be unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 215April 9, 2023 8:02 PM

Jamie & Keeley coupling up again just seems like such a dead end.

As others get and elsewhere have rightly pointed out, the different couple pairs of the Roy/Jamie/Keeley throuple don’t work as well when separated from one of the members.

Jamie has more to learn and grow from with Roy than with Keeley, if he can’t have both in his life as would be optimal for them all. Keeley can be somewhat dominant like Roy which is good for Jamie, but she’s also too indulgent of Jamie and not as cognisant of the football-mad part of him that governs his decision.

Keeley for her part seems to want a *man* in her life as well as a spiceboy, someone masc and stoical and capable, and pretty pouty peabrained Jamie’s never going to change enough to be that for her. Roy can be Keeley’s rock and defender and right-hand, as well as her cheerleader and advocate and dumb muscle.

by Anonymousreply 216April 9, 2023 8:05 PM

R164 those 4 in the morning workouts had potential to be mattress-based rather than jogs round the park imo. Sex is excellent cardio as well as good for flexibility, what you want from a workout as a footballer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 9, 2023 11:40 PM

Super fans of this show are...dedicated :/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 10, 2023 2:08 PM

I wouldn't mind a very quick look at him while he was "having a wee." He's probably got a big one.

by Anonymousreply 219April 10, 2023 2:15 PM

Irl Leicester got rejected by Ted and now they’re going for Dean Smith (last seen being sacked by Norwich) I’m on the floor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220April 10, 2023 2:53 PM

Dani Rojas has great hair.

by Anonymousreply 221April 10, 2023 4:18 PM

R197 not 0zempic? Or whippits? Chang doesn't make everyone skinny, at least not to that degree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 10, 2023 8:40 PM

Chang?

by Anonymousreply 223April 10, 2023 10:14 PM

Jamie Tartt mod for FIFA when?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2023 1:05 AM

Colin’s bare but was disappointing. He’s supposed to be a bloody jock and he has a pancake flabby ass! Also the chink twink he’s dating is just yuck. As if anyone thinks he’s a wingman to anyone for any gender. Casting fails on both of them. Trent Crimm is gay right? Maybe he won’t out Colin but someone else might’ve seen them and they will but everyone assumes it’s reporter Crimm and he’s blacklisted from following the team for his book. Nate will have an epic meltdown and attempt suicide, it’s TED not his father (or Rupert) who visits him to show he truly cares for Nate as a person and feels he has redemption. Shanty is a skank but she will show how in over her head Keely is with her “I’m a boss bitch” persona. She’s a reality show dimwit. They both are but Keely wants more so maybe she will grow from the humiliation.

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2023 3:55 AM

R223 as in China white

by Anonymousreply 226April 11, 2023 9:53 AM

Since this is the last season they probably want to end it on a positive note. Season two was a downer, so this one has to end on an up. I don’t think they’ll have a suicide attempt. But Nate should definitely start therapy. Ted needs to go home. That’s what’s best for his mental health. Or somehow get Henry to move to England if Ted renews his contract.

by Anonymousreply 227April 11, 2023 12:29 PM

[quote] Shanty is a skank but she will show how in over her head Keely is with her “I’m a boss bitch” persona. She’s a reality show dimwit. They both are.

Skankiness doesn't preclude one from success or money moves that come off, as Jamie Tartt can attest.

by Anonymousreply 228April 11, 2023 1:19 PM

Phil Dunster and Brett Goldstein at the 2022 Primetime Emmys - starts at 0:48

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229April 11, 2023 4:39 PM

They're fucking and no one can convince me otherwise

by Anonymousreply 230April 11, 2023 4:41 PM

damn, those are two hot british gents

by Anonymousreply 231April 11, 2023 5:13 PM

I really loved the first season, but I hate that it's gone from being a half hour comedy to an hour long dramedy. It's also suffering from the same thing that all Bill Lawrence shows suffer from where it feels a little too in love with itself and self-conscious about trying to pay service to whatever fans are responding to. I also absolutely cannot stand the Nate character. And not because he's become the bad guy, but because his shy, stuttering, cutesy schtick that he does whenever he's not being the villain is cloying beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 232April 11, 2023 5:21 PM

The Fortune Teller told Rebecca that she'd be a mom. Doesn't mean that she's pregnant (especially since she was drinking ALOT at Sam's restaurant opening) I think, if she's with anyone, it would be Ted. I'm not hoping this as I think hooking the two us is a little too easy, and I honestly don't think Ted, with his problems, would be a good match. But, it this is the case, Ted could stay and get custody of his son, making Rebecca a step-Mom.

So, is anyone else confused about why there is no indication(or discussion) on whether Sam and Rebecca are still a couple? The woman in the restaurant who was cooking for Sam could easily be a relative. They never kissed, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 233April 11, 2023 5:29 PM

R229 Phil looking at Brett like all his wet dreams have come to life there. Feels almost intrusive watching them tbh.

Wonder what Phil was whispering to Brett at 1:11? Something naughty I expect...

by Anonymousreply 234April 11, 2023 5:48 PM

something vile

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2023 6:02 PM

I’d watch their sex tape

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2023 7:11 PM

I thought Phil D had a sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2023 7:15 PM

uh never mind it was the actor who played his dad on ted lasso....oops

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2023 7:15 PM

Was it with Phil?

by Anonymousreply 239April 11, 2023 8:58 PM

no, but that actor was shown blowing his load if i remember right!

by Anonymousreply 240April 11, 2023 8:59 PM

Apple will not let their only hit (and mega award winning!!) show end after 3 measly seasons. Expect at least 2 spin offs, both without Ted (Sudeikis who is no longer needed will be paid to go away quietly)

by Anonymousreply 241April 11, 2023 9:49 PM

That scene where Roy offers to 'train' Jamie, "only if you fucking mean it", and Jamie looks SO eager and hopeful and hungry...if I speak I am in trouble...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 11, 2023 10:41 PM

Phil smooches look so cute I'm weak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 11, 2023 10:44 PM

true love

by Anonymousreply 244April 12, 2023 12:05 AM

Well that episode was....interesting

by Anonymousreply 245April 12, 2023 3:05 AM

Spoil it for me

by Anonymousreply 246April 12, 2023 3:17 AM

Any naked butts this episode?

by Anonymousreply 247April 12, 2023 3:24 AM

I also hate the Nate character. Never trust the furtive little fellow, they always stab you in the back or trip you coming round a corner.

by Anonymousreply 248April 12, 2023 4:17 AM

just found this short little five sentence snippet on ao3 about Jamie shagging Grealo in the Emptihad tunnels after game and now my mind has snapped with lust. that's too much sexy stupid slut energy in one small space

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 12, 2023 11:44 AM

He’s pretty

by Anonymousreply 250April 12, 2023 12:48 PM

Brett Goldstein seems very relaxed about public displays of same-sex nudity and intimacy. Be a shame not to lean into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251April 12, 2023 1:31 PM

that's cute but what the heck was that?

by Anonymousreply 252April 12, 2023 1:47 PM

Jodi/Keeley seeded?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 12, 2023 3:11 PM

Never mind West Ham

[spoiler] went for the Lady Ham!

by Anonymousreply 254April 12, 2023 4:22 PM

I heard it was a shit episode.

Only 5 left. Rebecca should ask Jaime to be a supermarket donor if she wants a kid. I think he'd do it

by Anonymousreply 255April 12, 2023 6:16 PM

FUCK YEAH DADDY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2023 6:20 PM

Holy shit. The actors who play Ted’s son and ex-wife are atrocious. The son has been horrible in every appearance, but the ex was just ridiculous shitty. Who did they fuck for their roles?

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2023 6:38 PM

R251 sorry to spoil that for you but that’s a FTM- Mae Martin.

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2023 8:05 PM

That was one bad episode. What are the writers doing?

by Anonymousreply 259April 12, 2023 9:45 PM

* sperm donor, obviously

by Anonymousreply 260April 12, 2023 10:28 PM

This season was delayed because of heavy rewrites late in filming. I wonder what they changed, because so far, it’s not a great season. Maybe they should have left it alone.

Ted is like a background character now. Does he even coach? You’d think after three years he’d try not to be so ignorant about soccer. He’s going back to the us after the season for sure. He seems over it.

by Anonymousreply 261April 12, 2023 10:30 PM

Next episode should be good. They go to Amsterdam for a friendly match. I’ve been waiting for this one, I think a lot will happen.

*Spoiler spoiler*

There were some pap shots a few months ago of filming of Colin and Trent walking and talking, so this might be the episode Colin comes out, or at least discusses it with Trent. (Who I think is gay, that rainbow mug he had in ep 5 was for sure his). Colin will probably make out with Michael in public again but some of his teammates see. I want them to be supportive! Especially Isaac.

Another couple will definitely hookup- maybe Roy and keely. Or Rebecca and…idk. I hope not Ted.

by Anonymousreply 262April 12, 2023 10:59 PM

Yeah, I was hoping for something for this season but it seems to just be going to shit.

Like someone else said upthread, it's a typical Bill Lawrence thing where suddenly every ball of dust in every corner must be deeply examined.

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2023 1:43 AM

this sucks cock

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2023 3:15 AM

This season is definitely the weakest of the three and demonstrates that it has run its course.

I'm glad they aren't going to try another season.

by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2023 3:28 AM

The original plan was for only 3 seasons. But if they did heavy rewrites, we'll likely now start seeing those changes in these upcoming episodes.

Apple isn't promoting this as the series' final season, so it seems likely that the rewrites were to get another season. I'll reserve judgement until these next episodes

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2023 3:39 AM

Olivia Wilde is requesting child support, so Jason Sudekis might lobby for another season.

by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2023 4:19 AM

Human sexuality is not that fluid. Keeley was a massive cock hound with two hot men. Now, we’re suppose to believe she wants to eat pussy

What’s the weird thing they’re doing with Ted Lasso? He’s barely on screen and his demeanor isn’t the same.

Very strange season after two huge popular and successful seasons.

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2023 4:31 AM

I am starting to wonder if Ted is going to off himself? You know, the cheerful "hang in there" buddy with his "hang in there" platitudes sending all the positive "hang in there" vibes in public, but a total depressing mess with anxiety issues in private. Plenty of those commit suicide, and it's a total shock for their peers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2023 7:55 AM

Mae Martin will be thrilled at R251 thinking she is male.

There's a comment on the Instagram post from a breast cancer patient querying how Mae had such a clean mastectomy scar. Because the operation was cosmetic, not life saving.

by Anonymousreply 270April 13, 2023 8:16 AM

R269 I don’t think the show will go there, but I could see Ted killing himself. (Like his dad did). He doesn’t seem okay. I think he’ll just go back to America and Henry to help ‘fix’ him. The first season of this show made everyone happy and I think they’ll try to leave it on a happy note.

Plus, there’s always a chance of another season or tv special or something. They would want Ted for that.

by Anonymousreply 271April 13, 2023 9:25 AM

I don't think Ted wants to go back home now that his son has the marriage counselor as his new dad. I think that is what puts him over the edge right now. He lost his son.

by Anonymousreply 272April 13, 2023 10:26 AM

Sorry, what pushed him over the edge right now.

by Anonymousreply 273April 13, 2023 10:27 AM

Yikes, what pushed him over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 274April 13, 2023 10:28 AM

He needs him more than ever. Dr Jacob can't replace ted!

by Anonymousreply 275April 13, 2023 1:20 PM

Dr Jake is kinda hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 13, 2023 3:05 PM

Ted kind of abandoned his son, like his father abandoned him.

by Anonymousreply 277April 13, 2023 3:58 PM

[quote] Human sexuality is not that fluid. Keeley was a massive cock hound with two hot men. Now, we’re suppose to believe she wants to eat pussy.

Sexuality really does work differently for women, though.

There are countless instances of Straight' (repressed bi) women suddenly having awakenings or gaining a strong unforeseen attraction to women, especially those in peri/pre/menopause, or those with higher libidos. It's practically a meme in the w/w community. So it's not beyond reason.

Anyway, in Keeley's case it's not even sudden. As someone said upthread, it was established years/seasons ago via a few throwaway lines of dialogue ("the minute [Rebecca] locked eyes with me, I started sweating"/"if I'm gonna dip my toe back into the Lady pool") that Keeley can and does see women in a sexual light. So to be surprise-pikachu'd by JacKeeley is an odd reaction...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 13, 2023 5:39 PM

Jack and Keely are the second boss/employee asymmetrical relationship on this show.

by Anonymousreply 279April 13, 2023 5:42 PM

Phil Dunster loses about 3 points when he cuts the curtains. Something about that hairstyle on him is peng.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2023 5:45 PM

I want to bury my face in Phil Dunster’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2023 5:52 PM

Phil looks hot with the shorter hair too, but he definitely looks a good decade older.

by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2023 6:05 PM

R277 Ted didn't abandon him permanently though. He can and will come back to Henry.

by Anonymousreply 283April 13, 2023 6:29 PM

I think nate will take Ted's place as head coach. Beard and Roy are assistant coaches still. Ted back to Kansas.

I hope this is the last season. Maybe they can do a Christmas special in a couple years, but they should stick to the 3 season plan.

by Anonymousreply 284April 13, 2023 6:33 PM

Phil Dunster will ALWAYS be The Guy From The CIneworld Advert to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 13, 2023 6:50 PM

R268 actually Keeley said back in season one she was bisexual. So her and Jack having a fling isn’t shocking.

by Anonymousreply 286April 13, 2023 8:33 PM

I don't know if it's intentional, but Keely seems like a very insecure, needy person. She jumps from one relationship to the next. She seems to be terrified of being alone (or not desired?). Otherwise, she seems nice.

by Anonymousreply 287April 13, 2023 8:38 PM

Am hoping they don't make Jamie the Skip at Richmond, and if they do that it's not for more than a game out of expediency. He's a star player and he's learned how to motivate and work well with others, but it still doesn't mean he ought to be Captain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 13, 2023 8:55 PM

All of that build-up about Nate turning to the Dark Side and it lasted for maybe 10 minutes before he was revealed to be a nice guy after all.

This show is so lame.

by Anonymousreply 289April 13, 2023 9:09 PM

Stick with Star Wars, sweetie r289 that's more your speed. Shows with nuanced characters are for grown ups.

by Anonymousreply 290April 13, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote] I don't know if it's intentional, but Keely seems like a very insecure, needy person. She seems to be terrified of being alone (or not desired?).

She's wants to be a WAG for all that she's pretending to girlboss, and it's a requisite to be like that if you want to bag a footballer (and his money).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 13, 2023 9:41 PM

When did Keeley say she was bi in S1?

by Anonymousreply 292April 13, 2023 10:09 PM

She said Rebecca was hot and couldn’t stop staring at her nudes. Keely and Rebecca’s should date.

by Anonymousreply 293April 13, 2023 10:48 PM

Y'know, if the story w/Rebecca ends with her curiosity about becoming a mom I'm OK with it. If they give her "baby rabies" it will suck big time.

And I really hope she isn't pregnant with Sam's kid. That would just be the continuance of a shitty story from last year.

by Anonymousreply 294April 13, 2023 10:53 PM

*rebecca

by Anonymousreply 295April 13, 2023 10:54 PM

She said Rebecca so hot she would dip her toes back in the lady pool. She’s bi.

by Anonymousreply 296April 14, 2023 2:22 AM

Oh, Rebecca

by Anonymousreply 297April 14, 2023 3:30 AM

R294 ‘baby rabies’ that’s vile and it’s going straight in my personal lexicon

by Anonymousreply 298April 14, 2023 11:40 AM

What is baby rabies??????

by Anonymousreply 299April 14, 2023 12:31 PM

You could tell from the beginning of Kelly’s scene with her boss that they were going to lez it up. The eye-fucking was off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 300April 14, 2023 3:01 PM

I think "baby rabies" was slang that started with discussions about soap operas - but it fits any TV show (or real life scenario) where suddenly the character/person in question can think of nothing but BABIES BABIES BABIES.

It would really suck if Rebecca, who's had a fascinating journey so far, was reduced to a simpering "I need a crotch dropping to fulfill me" sap. That would suck worse than a whore in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 301April 14, 2023 3:27 PM

It was nice that Ted normalized discussion of pee tracks.

by Anonymousreply 302April 14, 2023 4:12 PM

Ted is unappealing this season, Rebecca can do way better.

by Anonymousreply 303April 14, 2023 4:19 PM

The problem the show has now is that all the characters are dues paying member of Ted Lasso “how to be best friends forever and occasionally play team sports together” program, which has essentially neutered any intra-main cast conflict and has also rendered Ted himself sort of superfluous.

by Anonymousreply 304April 14, 2023 4:36 PM

That was the exciting thing about Nate (if such a thing exists) that he could crack away from the Ted Is A God business and explore the other side but....that has been nonexistent. After a big buildup in the finale Nate was barely in the first few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 305April 14, 2023 4:39 PM

Season 1 Ted was fuckable. Not so sure about season 3.

But I'd probably still do him.

by Anonymousreply 306April 14, 2023 6:22 PM

This season sucks.

by Anonymousreply 307April 14, 2023 6:58 PM

Yeah, as much as I was hoping it would not, it sucks.

S2 was imperfect but it still had generous doses of the magic touch. But so far this really just blows chunks. So much time and energy wasted on Zava and Shandy. And Ted's dishrag tepid ex-wife.

by Anonymousreply 308April 14, 2023 7:05 PM

I think Roy's monologue about getting back at a bully and Shandy's freak out after being fired have been the only times I've laughed all season.

by Anonymousreply 309April 14, 2023 7:10 PM

As much as I hated almost every second of Shandy her freakout was funny and then the lamb shitting in Keeley's office/meeting room was kinda hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 310April 14, 2023 8:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 14, 2023 9:28 PM

R309 At first that revenge fantasy from Roy struck me as too sadistic and sociopathic, in a cartoonish way.

Then I remembered Roy Keane's history of terrorising people both physically and emotionally, and appreciated the parallel. Keano on a bad day literally used to make strong fit cocky grown men tremble and go white and mute with fear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 14, 2023 9:29 PM

The Shandy storyline didn’t make any sense.

Keely hired Shandy because even though she was a party girl, she had brilliant ideas but was never given a proper chance. But then she’s hired and…. Proves herself to be a useless partygirl.

What was the point of Shandy? What did she add to the show?

by Anonymousreply 313April 14, 2023 9:38 PM

It's almost like the actress who plays Keely didn't want to have anything to do with the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 314April 14, 2023 9:42 PM

Boring song but I didn't know Hannah was a pop singer in the late 90s/early 00s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 14, 2023 9:43 PM

Definitely more show tune-ish than pop but wow, nice voice.

by Anonymousreply 316April 14, 2023 9:49 PM

It's refreshing to see Hannah choose to age naturally, without fillers and Botox.

by Anonymousreply 317April 14, 2023 9:56 PM

oh, my

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318April 14, 2023 9:56 PM

[quote]Boring song but I didn't know Hannah was a pop singer in the late 90s/early 00s.

She wasn't a pop singer - all of Andrew Lloyd Webber's showers would have a single released from the soundtrack.

Dina Carroll had a huge hit with The Perfect Year from Sunset Boulevard, Boyzone recorded No Matter What from Whistle Down The Wind. Hannah was appearing In The Beautiful Game which the song came from.

If you want to see Hannah in action watch the Regents Park Open Air theatre production of Into The Woods. She played the Witch and was outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 319April 14, 2023 9:56 PM

Wow I had forgotten all about Boyzone, I loved their single of No Matter What.

Poor Stephen Gately. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 320April 14, 2023 10:07 PM

^^Very off-topic but I wonder how Jim Steinman felt about that 'No Matter What' cover. He wrote the song, after all, and we know how he felt about beautiful men and beautiful voices.

He seemed pretty hyped about it, back when it came out. Even making a rare British TV appearance on TOPT to promote it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321April 14, 2023 10:16 PM

Not to hijack this into a Boyzone thread (too late!), but I had always thought Gately died of alcohol poisoning. Just learned he had a heart condition and that's how he died.

by Anonymousreply 322April 14, 2023 10:28 PM

R303 yeah, it shall disappoint me too if they make Rebecca or Keeley into a Penny Laine/Race for the 2020s. Let us at least pretend we're better than that these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 14, 2023 11:39 PM

R289 actually I thought Nate quietly backing down and quickly changing his tune was realistic, especially for someone who seems to vacillate and act in weak-willed ways naturally. Not everyone in life is a bullish tunnel-visioned steel-backed see-things-through-to-the-bitter-end Roy Kent type, no matter what most TV dramas would have us believe.

by Anonymousreply 324April 15, 2023 12:41 AM

Nate has borderline personality disorder

by Anonymousreply 325April 15, 2023 12:57 AM

[quote] bullish

Mmmm yes, Roy as a big bull....mmm fuck yes

by Anonymousreply 326April 18, 2023 2:53 PM

Hannah as Mame!

by Anonymousreply 327April 18, 2023 10:38 PM

Season 1? Terrific. S2: Largely a mess with some bright spots (it's shocking how much they get wrong about Premier League soccer, considering it's filmed in London). S3: It's... fine? The episodes are far too long, and there are too many secondary characters (Keeley was fine as Rebecca's bestie and Roy/Jamie's sidepiece, but I can't work up much interest in her running a PR firm; Shandy belonged on a different show and they don't know what to do with the usually hilarious Katy Wix as CFO Barbara, and now there's Jack?). The show still largely shines when it sticks to the soccer team and its management. (Although, to me, Ted+Rebecca is a massive NO. And Zava couldn't be gone soon enough.) I wish the showrunners would go back and rewatch the original promo spots for Premier League on NBC that introduced Ted. They're still smart and funny and what the show should be. (Sidebar: I also wish the hair and makeup department would fix Sudeikis's terrible dye job and glued-on-looking moustache.)

by Anonymousreply 328April 18, 2023 11:48 PM

[quote] It's shocking how much they get wrong about Premier League soccer, considering it's filmed in London.

This is the reason I haven't been able to watch full episodes or a full season. If you're British and you follow the game, it's too enraging and cringeworthy to sit through all the inconsistencies, mistakes, bad takes and missed potential. Every scene something is slightly wrong or something is glossed over or something is weirdly phrased, except in the two-hander Roy/Jamie scenes (for which I presume the directors learned to just let the camera run and the dialogue flow).

TL was clearly written and directed by people whose only exposure to football and football culture is at one remove, watching highlights on NBC with American commentary--which is fine, when you aren't trying to write a slice-of-life dramedy about the sport for global audiences.

And it's a pity, because there's so much natural comedy & drama in the actual sport to be mined. It could have so easily been better, or at least consistently good and less awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 19, 2023 12:41 AM

I just watched episode 6 of season 3 - “Sunflowers”.

Boring and heaving with clichés. I fast forwarded through a big chunk of it which I’ve never done before as I loved the show.

Think I’m done.

by Anonymousreply 330April 19, 2023 3:35 AM

Is there 10 or 12 episodes this season?

by Anonymousreply 331April 19, 2023 3:46 AM

Ugh, so sad it turned to shit.

by Anonymousreply 332April 19, 2023 3:51 AM

R330 that’s disappointing. I was hoping this would be the best episode. A getaway to the Netherlands sounds fun.

by Anonymousreply 333April 19, 2023 3:52 AM

Nonsense. Episode 6 is a great reminder of why we fell in love with the show in the first place. It is beautifully written and heartfelt.

Epic.

by Anonymousreply 334April 19, 2023 5:55 PM

R334 I was describing my reaction to the episode. YMMV.

I could go into detail but that would contain spoilers, but I’ll just say that a cast singalong over the closing credits was about as hokey as it gets. To me.

by Anonymousreply 335April 19, 2023 7:55 PM

Rebecca seemed to have no worries that she might be murdered by the mysterious Dutch man.

by Anonymousreply 336April 19, 2023 8:05 PM

I’m 2/3 through episode 6 and so far I like it! No Nate, no Keeley and Jack except for a mention, Jamie is being fucking adorable, Rebecca’s Dutch guy is cute, Colin and Trent so far so good (Trent has a sexy voice, I don’t think I noticed before, but when the Prik bartender mentioned Thunderdong and Trent said, ‘Sounds fun, I’m in’ daaammn.) I like Will and Higgins hanging out, could take or leave the team stuff, but it’s not bad.

I don’t know what Ted is going to do to get his mojo back, but something. Probably go to that American restaurant he wanted to go to and drink Beard’s drug tea.

My only squabble- would Trent really wear white socks with dark green pants and leopard print boots? As a stylish gay, I don’t think he would.

by Anonymousreply 337April 19, 2023 8:06 PM

Who did Trent come out to twice? His ex wife/girlfriend? At first I thought he meant his mother, but I might have missed something.

And isn’t his daughter around five? So he must’ve recently come out to his ex again. I thought he would’ve been out for a while. That’s the vibe I always got from him. More of an out to family and friends since college vibe.

by Anonymousreply 338April 19, 2023 8:20 PM

I want to party in Amsterdam with coach beard. His costume was hilarious. He’s a guy who knows how to have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 339April 19, 2023 8:25 PM

Jamie’s ass looks great in though workout pants he was wearing. He’s got a nice fat butt.

by Anonymousreply 340April 19, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote]If you're British and you follow the game, it's too enraging and cringeworthy to sit through all the inconsistencies, mistakes, bad takes and missed potential.

Why are Richmond playing a friendly against Ajax mid season?? I was very confused and thought it had jumped forward in time past the end of the season.

But when my irritation had subsided it was a lovely episode.

by Anonymousreply 341April 19, 2023 9:10 PM

I think the Hana owner character is going to end up banging the new player. They’ll win the championship and she’ll be arm and arm with him to finally flip off her ex-husband.

Yes, and Jamie should bend over and take it from Roy.

by Anonymousreply 342April 19, 2023 9:11 PM

Ted will right the ship, pass the team off to Roy and Beard, and then get back to Kansas. They’ve telegraphed his unhappiness from space. And this episode with the sunflowers (state flower of Kansas) and going to the Burger Barn for some American food (where got his groove back) we know he’s missing home badly.

Part of this show is about bad dads (Jamie’s, Rupert, Nate’s to some extent, Ted’s) so he has to go back home and be there for Henry and be a Good Dad.

I just hope they don’t reunite him with his ex wife. That’d be some total Jason S. wish fulfillment- getting the family back together for a happy ending. Blah.

by Anonymousreply 343April 19, 2023 9:43 PM

Trent has a three head not a forehead.

Also, he should fuck colin. Why not.

by Anonymousreply 344April 19, 2023 9:47 PM

[quote]Also, he should fuck colin. Why not.

That's clearly been setup. It's going to happen.

As for why not - Colin is a lot hotter and could do a lot better than Trent. Are you knew to gay men or something?

by Anonymousreply 345April 19, 2023 9:52 PM

Knew?

I don’t really think it’s going to happen. Colin is with Michael and trent might not be into the way younger guys. They’re evenly matched looks wise, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 346April 19, 2023 10:22 PM

This was one bad episode....

by Anonymousreply 347April 19, 2023 10:32 PM

Did folks notice that the guy on the boat with Rebecca had a room for a little daughter?

This is how she becomes a mother that the psychic predicted.

by Anonymousreply 348April 19, 2023 10:35 PM

Had to laugh at the last lyrics of the birthday song at the 'American themed' restaurant

World War Two was fun, For Ameri-cans But the Dutch were libera-ted by Canada

by Anonymousreply 349April 19, 2023 10:45 PM

I thought it was a great episode…but it could be because I’m emotional from hearing bad news about a friend today. The ending singalong on the bus is something that would usually make me eye roll, but instead I burst into tears!

by Anonymousreply 350April 19, 2023 11:02 PM

R348 yup. I think that’s part of the reason she felt comfortable with him, she saw the kid’s room.

I’d be alright with them as a pairing. A long distance thing wouldn’t be ideal, so he’d have to come to London.

by Anonymousreply 351April 19, 2023 11:37 PM

Rebecca’s Dutch dude is nice looking! Roy and Jamie look more and more like a couple.

Glad Keeley wasn’t in the episode. She’s horrible this season

by Anonymousreply 352April 20, 2023 12:37 AM

TIL there's actually a real existing Richmond F.C. (though they're technically 'Hampton & Richmond Borough).

They're 6th tier in the football 'pyramid' (order of leagues), which is considered 'non-league' i.e. semi-pro or part-time local level. It's the same flyshit Conference as my hometown team (Hereford), albeit the South side not the North.

Richmond currently hover in 16th place in the relegation danger zone. If they drop another league down, they risk falling off the map and dissolving into ether. They did win their last game 2-nil vs. Hungerford, though, to be fair. And their main ground/club HQ is called Beaver Close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 20, 2023 12:37 AM

You know, r342, Roy and Jamie were out all night together. We don’t know that it DIDN’T happen.

by Anonymousreply 354April 20, 2023 12:40 AM

Odd that Jamie's not yet had an England callup. Since we're apparently doing arsepulls and deus ex machina now.

Tartt is certainly dim enough and enough of a fuckboy for the national squad, daresay he'd fit right in at St. George's Park.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 20, 2023 1:10 AM

Strange to me that there's nary a sign of a female footballer anywhere in this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356April 20, 2023 1:40 AM

Goddamn this episode SUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 357April 20, 2023 1:55 AM

Did you like anything about it?

by Anonymousreply 358April 20, 2023 2:31 AM

I just watched it and thought it was mostly good.

But a lot of the "what are we going to do??" stuff kinda dragged.

by Anonymousreply 359April 20, 2023 4:17 AM

God, the slow motion pillow fight, the team captain jumping on the table and screaming at his team-mates, Rebecca falling into a canal and the egregious singalong at the end. The show-runners obviously thought that shifting to Amsterdam would prompt fresh storylines (hookers in windows, sex shows and legal pot tee-hee!), but all they came up with was clichéd tosh.

by Anonymousreply 360April 20, 2023 4:23 AM

What song did they sing at the end?

by Anonymousreply 361April 20, 2023 4:25 AM

The Trolley Song by Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 362April 20, 2023 4:27 AM

Couldn’t tell, R361 - my ears started bleeding so I had to kill the sound.

by Anonymousreply 363April 20, 2023 4:27 AM

Bonus points to them for playing BOY by Book of Love as Colin was entering the gay bar. Classic tune.

by Anonymousreply 364April 20, 2023 9:37 AM

R361 Three Little Birds by Bob Marley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 20, 2023 11:01 AM

I loved it. I thought it was going to be even more aimless than usual but came together very nicely, just as Roy and Jameh presumably did beneath the windmill.

by Anonymousreply 366April 20, 2023 11:52 AM

R364 Yes! And that was very much a song that Trent would have been into in his original clubbing days.

Of all the characters on the show Trent is the closest to me and/or the closest to an experience I know. LOL

by Anonymousreply 367April 20, 2023 1:42 PM

[quote] Glad Keeley wasn’t in the episode.

But she was. She was at the soccer match in the very beginning of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 368April 20, 2023 1:59 PM

It was weird that she was in so little of it. Not that I'm complaining.

by Anonymousreply 369April 20, 2023 2:25 PM

It could be because they did a lot of reshoots for this episode and the actress wasn’t available then. I know they were like three months over their filming time reshooting stuff, so maybe Juno had something else going on and couldn’t be there.

When the season is over, I’d like to know what stories they changed and what the original plan was. This season does seem a bit disjointed and like they couldn’t decide where to go.

by Anonymousreply 370April 20, 2023 2:35 PM

I'm just grateful ugly Nate wasn't in this episode (save for a half-second hallucination).

Also, no restaurant in Amsterdam would be that massive and with so much room LOL

by Anonymousreply 371April 20, 2023 2:47 PM

The Random Dutch guy was kinda handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372April 20, 2023 2:55 PM

Definitely fuckable

by Anonymousreply 373April 20, 2023 2:58 PM

Roy and Jamie need to fuck already. Their version of “Before Sunrise” was only missing gay sex.

by Anonymousreply 374April 20, 2023 5:29 PM

I found it absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable that a premiere athlete like Roy didn't know how to ride a bike.

by Anonymousreply 375April 20, 2023 5:32 PM

The only difference from my earlier assessment of "Roy is fucking Jamie"

is now

"Roy and Jamie are flip fucking."

by Anonymousreply 376April 20, 2023 5:34 PM

That’s correct

by Anonymousreply 377April 20, 2023 5:56 PM

I was teased until I was 13 about not being able to ride a bike. My uncle started taking me out at night to teach me.

by Anonymousreply 378April 21, 2023 3:46 PM

They give off major vibes that they’ve hooked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 21, 2023 7:12 PM

I bet Brett wishes they had.

by Anonymousreply 380April 21, 2023 8:57 PM

Is Brett a gay in real life?

by Anonymousreply 381April 21, 2023 10:28 PM

He has a girlfriend, so maybe, but probably not.

I do think he’s got a crush on Phil

by Anonymousreply 382April 21, 2023 10:46 PM

[quote] They give off major vibes that they’ve hooked up.

Could be. I'd love it, though I know actors who have spent intense amounts of time together can also have a real shorthand of intimacy.

by Anonymousreply 383April 22, 2023 1:30 AM

Phil has probably let Brett suck his dick withot reciprocation.

by Anonymousreply 384April 22, 2023 3:24 AM

Ugh, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 22, 2023 3:32 AM

As an alien?

by Anonymousreply 386April 22, 2023 4:31 AM

As a junkie whore with a heart of gold!

by Anonymousreply 387April 22, 2023 10:50 AM

This show keeps getting worse. So trite and cliche.

by Anonymousreply 388April 26, 2023 2:21 AM

I hope this season is it and there’s no spin offs or TV movies or cartoons or anything. Let it die. It’ll be remembered fondly for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 389April 26, 2023 2:32 AM

So cringe.

by Anonymousreply 390April 26, 2023 3:29 AM

Is the new episode any good? More Jamie butt?

by Anonymousreply 391April 26, 2023 1:02 PM

I really didn't hate last night's episode....I've mostly enjoyed this season's episodes, especially as the season goes on.

But if they're making some kind of narrative point, it's taking FOREVER for them to get there. It feels more like a lot of really nice moments between characters without a story.

Nate vs Everyone was the promise at the end of last year, with Rupert calling the shots behind him, and.....that story has been absolutely muffled, muted, like a fart in an empty hallway. (Not sure if this was part of what changed from the original projections for the season...?)

The last few episodes have been better since we are seeing people we know - vs big chunks of the action being dedicated to Zava and Shandy, which wasted the first few eps.

But it's a bummer.....the story is just going everywhere, and nowhere. Time for it to wrap up.

by Anonymousreply 392April 26, 2023 2:28 PM

[quote] More Jamie butt?

No, and worse yet, they almost ripped off Jamie's cock.

by Anonymousreply 393April 26, 2023 2:28 PM

Lol wow. I might have to watch this episode.

Only three more after this?

by Anonymousreply 394April 26, 2023 2:54 PM

I wish I had a job in which I was ABSOLUTE SHIT at and not have to fear being fired by the boss/owner.

by Anonymousreply 395April 26, 2023 3:16 PM

Was Ted’s contract for three years? Did they talk about resigning him or letting him go? His time should almost be up.

by Anonymousreply 396April 26, 2023 3:20 PM

[quote]I found it absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable that a premiere athlete like Roy didn't know how to ride a bike.

It's not unbelievable. Roy Kent is a working class boy like most footballers. It's quite possible he wouldn't have had a bike growing, possibly because his family couldn't afford one, and also that he had no interest because every second was playing football.

by Anonymousreply 397April 26, 2023 7:30 PM

Well this new episode wasn't exactly subtle.

Seems odd that the episode was based on events 2 years ago, with Tyrone Mings tweeting at Priti Patel over the criticism of England players taking the knee and then the 3 Black England players missing their penalties in the Euro final against Italy.

A bit blah.

by Anonymousreply 398April 26, 2023 7:39 PM

Yep, still find Nate repulsive.

And PLEASE don't let that buck-toothed restaurant hostess be his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 399April 26, 2023 8:08 PM

Who else would have him?

by Anonymousreply 400April 26, 2023 8:32 PM

I did like Sam's father and Jamie has really turned into a good guy

by Anonymousreply 401April 26, 2023 10:20 PM

Trent was adorkable

by Anonymousreply 402April 26, 2023 10:21 PM

What’d Trent do?

by Anonymousreply 403April 26, 2023 10:26 PM

r403 he got really excited about Ted's coaching plan and after he walked away Roy called him a dork. Ted then said "But he's our dork".

by Anonymousreply 404April 26, 2023 10:46 PM

Thanks. I never really thought of him as a dork before.

If Roy’s not going to bang Jamie he should go for Trent. I dig the hair.

by Anonymousreply 405April 26, 2023 10:50 PM

Seems to be kind of a long way from a series finale being that there’s only 3 episodes left.

by Anonymousreply 406April 26, 2023 11:49 PM

The lesbian story is a waste of time. And the sexual tension between Jack and Juno Temple is palpable.....said no one ever.

by Anonymousreply 407April 27, 2023 12:17 AM

This past episode was easily the worst of the entire season…although casting a group of fugly actors to play Nate’s family was brilliant. I totally believed that big-nosed troll could be Nick Mohammed’s sister in real life.

by Anonymousreply 408April 29, 2023 9:00 PM

This season has 12 episodes, which means there are five more. Even though a lot of people have criticized episodes 6 and 7, it seems right on track. 6 was about an escape from Richmond, 7 was about a new start for the team.

by Anonymousreply 409April 29, 2023 9:05 PM

I thought it was only 10 episodes. Hm. Glad there's 12.

Reddit seems to hate everything and they are generally more positive about the last few eps. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 410April 29, 2023 9:09 PM

How far along are they in the soccer season? Like how many games left? Think the last game will be west ham vs Richmond? If it is I don’t think Richmond will win. It’ll be a Bad News Bears situation where they were oh so close.

Have they mentioned anything about Ted staying or leaving the team after the season ends?

by Anonymousreply 411April 29, 2023 9:17 PM

I just caught up last night. I really loved the Amsterdam episode and thought it was one of the best, even if just as a great change of pace and a big shot of positivity. Ted's been bringing me down this season. And we haven't seen any evidence of him coaching for a long time--just sitting in the office and talking to people.

What was up with all the awnings in the latest episode?

And no, R411, they haven't mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 412April 30, 2023 12:38 AM

I heard a theory the reason Jason Sudekis wanted to write and direct nearly each episode of the last season of Ted Lasso is because he wants to replicate what Bill Hader is doing with Barry. The only problem is, while each episode of the last season of Barry has been perfect, Ted Lasso has become nearly unwatchable. I hope Jason doesn’t begin sobbing historically when Barry wins every Emmy for the categories in which they compete against each other.

by Anonymousreply 413April 30, 2023 2:25 PM

Also, it speaks volumes the talent Barry has been able to attract (to include alumni of SNL)…

by Anonymousreply 414April 30, 2023 2:36 PM

R413 He hasn't written many of the episodes or directed many. I think Jason's name is only on the last two episodes for the season (and possibly the series).

Er, correction. It's the last two plus the Amsterdam one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415April 30, 2023 2:39 PM

I hope Ted Lasso doesn’t still have a hold on the Emmy voters like last year. It was ridiculous Brett Goldstein won best supporting actor over Anthony Carrigan or Henry Winkler from Barry. They were amazing, Brett was fine.

Bill Hader needs an Emmy for Barry. Writing, directing, acting, it doesn’t matter.

Do you think the show Beef is going comedy series? That could mess up Barry’s chances if it does. If it goes drama, it’ll probably lose to Succession.

by Anonymousreply 416April 30, 2023 2:55 PM

Beef fucked up in multiple ways. In addition to airing on Netflix, where every episode was dumped well before Ted Lasso and Barry began their final seasons (airing on a weekly basis), the cast and showrunner defended a the co-star who bragged about sexual assault a few years ago.

At least Ali Wong will win a consolation prize—getting fucked by Emmy winner Bill Hader.

by Anonymousreply 417April 30, 2023 3:03 PM

[quote]Have they mentioned anything about Ted staying or leaving the team after the season ends?

Managers are usually signed on a multi year contract, so if Richmond are coming to the end of their 3rd season with him as manager there'd be discussion about him extending his contract, even if he's spent this season as a promoted team who were one win from going top of the league and falling into a relegation battle.

Just looked at Wiki to see if this was mentioned and saw the next episode is co-written by Keeley Hazell, the former Page 3 stunna who got plenty of football dick from Joe Cole, Keiran Richardson and Anton Ferdinand.

by Anonymousreply 418April 30, 2023 3:08 PM

[quote] getting fucked by Emmy winner Bill Hader

and his huge weiner

by Anonymousreply 419April 30, 2023 3:13 PM

R418 and from Jason Sudeikis. She went from being the basis of the character Keeley, to getting a role as bex, and now is a writer for the show? Damn, girl, I guess it pays to fuck the boss!

by Anonymousreply 420April 30, 2023 3:25 PM

[quote] Ted Lasso has become nearly unwatchable.

Oh come on!

by Anonymousreply 421May 2, 2023 3:36 PM

It’s fine. Not great. Not terrible.

Definitely not Emmy worthy so I’ll be unhappy if it does well again.

by Anonymousreply 422May 2, 2023 4:40 PM

It definitely hit a sweet spot in season one.

Seasons 2 and 3 have varied in quality, but I've enjoyed most episodes and, once the Zava/Shandy nonsense was set aside, most of this season.

In a universe filled with hours upon hours of cop and military propaganda disguised as entertainment, as well as numerous forensic shows filled with dead bodies and antiheroes, I love visiting Ted Lasso's universe.

by Anonymousreply 423May 2, 2023 7:31 PM

I thought the last 2 episodes were good

by Anonymousreply 424May 2, 2023 7:39 PM

Sounds like more Ted ex-wife/new boyfriend drama in ep 8. Fun 🙄

by Anonymousreply 425May 2, 2023 10:55 PM

All signs are pointing to a murder-suicide involving Ted, his ex-wife, and Dr. Jake. Rebecca’s path to motherhood will materialize when she agrees to adopt Ted’s orphaned son.

by Anonymousreply 426May 3, 2023 8:36 AM

I’m 50/50 on whether they’re going to have Ted and Michelle give it another shot. I hope not, but it could happen.

by Anonymousreply 427May 3, 2023 2:08 PM

Perhaps everyone is being so cagey about if this is the last season or not is because at the end of this season Ted will go back to Kansas, but they’ll continue the show with everyone else. And rename it. Like Ted Lasso: Richmond or some shit.

I hope it is the last season and we don’t get anymore anything.

by Anonymousreply 428May 3, 2023 2:10 PM

Geez, it is so freakin' unethical for the marriage counselor to date a former patient. You KNOW he was horny for her, so basically influenced her to leave Ted, so he could shoot his shot.

by Anonymousreply 429May 3, 2023 4:54 PM

I’m to the point of hate-watching and lust-watching the show. It’s twee, it’s trite, it’s unrealistic, but has its good moments: like Roy and Jamie. And, Hannah. She’s keeping it high and tight which is impress for being 49. Get it girl.

I’ll watch til the end, but the original draw of it being a slightly quirky, reliably good show with high production values and watchable characters is long, long gone. Now it’s just familiar faces and eye rolling events. And occasional hot asses.

by Anonymousreply 430May 3, 2023 5:42 PM

Hannah does have a good body. Great tits, legs, and arms. No waddle there.

by Anonymousreply 431May 3, 2023 6:36 PM

Too much Keely and Nate in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 432May 4, 2023 5:37 AM

Hannah is girdled to the nines in her costumes. It's amazing she can even breathe.

by Anonymousreply 433May 4, 2023 9:34 AM

Nate is unpleasant and uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 434May 4, 2023 10:25 AM

I can't stand Nate either R434. I find him and his voice revolting.

by Anonymousreply 435May 4, 2023 10:52 AM

There's always something slightly 'off' about the programme. It's like a cute, American idea of the UK. In the last episode they ordered Full English Breakfasts in the pub. No pub serves breakfasts apart from Wetherspoons. Normal pubs don't open till 11am at least. No-one goes to the pub to watch football wearing a football scarf. Also Richmond isn't some quaint village. On match days it'd be like a war zone.

by Anonymousreply 436May 4, 2023 11:00 AM

R436, to your point, I’d also add that the rose-tinted treatment of the footballers and their storylines definitely feels like it was written by a committee of straight theatre boys. Keeley’s recent lesbian relationship which seems like it was basically drinking rosé in loungewear and squealing about shopping felt like it was written by a committee of straight theatre girls.

by Anonymousreply 437May 4, 2023 1:39 PM

In real life I don’t think Jamie and Roy would be as accepting of her being with Jack. They have the team acting like choir boys

by Anonymousreply 438May 4, 2023 1:45 PM

[quote] Jamie and Roy would be as accepting of her being with Jack

I think they knew she was bi.

Both of them realize they fucked up the way they treated her. It's refreshing.

But yeah, I agree with your point, the team is overall acting like choir boys.

by Anonymousreply 439May 4, 2023 1:49 PM

And are we getting a singalong scene every episode now?

by Anonymousreply 440May 4, 2023 1:50 PM

R438 I still think in real life somebody like Roy would not like her going for Jack after him. I don’t think behind closed doors that many men involved in sports are as enlightened as this show portrays them.

by Anonymousreply 441May 4, 2023 1:53 PM

The Beatles song was really ridiculous. Maybe suitably silly for Henry but.....they were really filling time.

Also - I think something weird happened between Hannah and Juno. Their onscreen friendship was natural and believable in S1 and S2, but this year it seems fake.

In fact almost everything Keeley does seems very fake. Did Juno have a falling out with the cast?

Read an interview w/ Nick Mohammed (Nate) and I think he was away doing a film which explains why the Nate season ender from last year just kind of shit the bed, story momentum wise.

by Anonymousreply 442May 4, 2023 1:54 PM

Juno’s in the new season of Fargo (love that show), she has been spreading herself thin with all her projects outside this show

by Anonymousreply 443May 4, 2023 2:06 PM

It's become a soap opera and these writers failed Soap Opera 101, which is: don't "island" your characters or no one will give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 444May 4, 2023 2:14 PM

What was the singalong this episode and who was involved?

by Anonymousreply 445May 4, 2023 2:19 PM

R445 there was a guy playing Hey Jude outside the pub and Ted, his son, Coach Beard were singing along with the pub regulars

by Anonymousreply 446May 4, 2023 2:26 PM

Vomit

No more singing please.

by Anonymousreply 447May 4, 2023 2:31 PM

Mae is like a combination of Angie Watts and Pat Butcher on EastEnders.

by Anonymousreply 448May 4, 2023 2:31 PM

[quote] No more singing please.

Excuse moi?

by Anonymousreply 449May 4, 2023 2:32 PM

I wouldn't have minded the little interlude of nonsense w/Rebecca if we saw Dutch Guy nude several times in the show.

by Anonymousreply 450May 4, 2023 2:32 PM

Was Dutch guy back?

by Anonymousreply 451May 4, 2023 2:56 PM

Not yet, sadly.

Though one of the players in this week's ep was showing off his magnificently hairy chest in the locker room.

by Anonymousreply 452May 4, 2023 3:36 PM

Nice. I love hairy chests. Roy’s was great.

by Anonymousreply 453May 4, 2023 4:55 PM

Juno Tempo looks like a desperate crack whore who hangs out at Greyhound stations.

by Anonymousreply 454May 4, 2023 5:09 PM

The kid who plays Henry is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 455May 4, 2023 5:19 PM

What is wrong with the way Coach Beard speaks? It's like a lisp but there's something else going on. It's distracting.

by Anonymousreply 456May 4, 2023 6:09 PM

I sort of understand what Barbara does, but what do all those other people do all day in Keeleh’s PR office? Does she have clients other than the team, and I guess, that dating app, Bantr?

by Anonymousreply 457May 4, 2023 9:55 PM

r456 Coach Beard's mouth when he was singing was really weird, I don't need to see that again

by Anonymousreply 458May 4, 2023 10:02 PM

That scene with the busker was ridiculous. Any British person, when confronted by a busker will tut, roll their eyes and move away. We don't stand around watching them and sing along. Everyone sat outside that pub would have moved indoors or gone elsewhere. It's another example of how wrong they keep getting it.

by Anonymousreply 459May 4, 2023 10:10 PM

I was cringing so bad during the Hey Jude scene, and Coach Beard almost promoted me to vomit. It was unbelievably cheesy.

I’d ventured to call this past episode the absolute worst of the series.

by Anonymousreply 460May 5, 2023 1:14 AM

They should’ve had these episode be 30-35 minutes again. The bloat is not helping the plot. Too much Nate. Too much Ted’s ex wife. Wtf is keeley’s storyline? They should’ve just had her be successful and single. And maybe hint at a Roy reunion near the end.

The two things I like this season are Jaime and Roy’s friendship (they should fuck) and more Trent Crimm (I like his look). Not much else is doing it for me.

by Anonymousreply 461May 5, 2023 3:50 AM

I’ve really loved this series, but this last episode was super cringe.

And what was the point of Zava?

by Anonymousreply 462May 5, 2023 4:00 AM

“Super cringe” is super cringe, R462.

by Anonymousreply 463May 5, 2023 5:47 AM

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I love the Nate moments. He’s so lost without his Ted.

by Anonymousreply 464May 5, 2023 11:45 AM

R464. There was something touching with that scene at Nate's game and TL and his kid. Will he go back?

by Anonymousreply 465May 5, 2023 11:55 AM

Nate is a dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 466May 5, 2023 1:06 PM

They should have gone with a younger Nate, the actor is 42 which really makes the character immature

by Anonymousreply 467May 5, 2023 2:19 PM

That's the issue with Nate. Bullied by his father, always in the shadows, he is a giant man baby who was allowed to shine by Ted.

by Anonymousreply 468May 5, 2023 2:29 PM

GREAT episode today!

by Anonymousreply 469May 10, 2023 2:41 AM

That’s nice to hear. Are Colin and Isaac cool?

by Anonymousreply 470May 10, 2023 2:53 AM

No way Roy doesn’t have a hairy ass.

I want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 471May 10, 2023 3:47 AM

THAT was a flawless fucking episode.

Finally, all the threads are coming together.

Tonight was a strong indicator to me that at least one prediction (made upthread) about Roy's future is likely true.

by Anonymousreply 472May 10, 2023 3:58 AM

That Roy becomes head coach?

by Anonymousreply 473May 10, 2023 4:15 AM

Because Ted is going back to Kansas.

by Anonymousreply 474May 10, 2023 4:29 AM

Favorite line:

Trent: You’ve known you were gay for 20 years.

Colin: Much longer than that. Once I was out of my mum I never looked back.

😂

by Anonymousreply 475May 10, 2023 4:37 AM

The story with Isaac was good.

And I have to say, I never really noticed him before but that actor looked hot in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 476May 10, 2023 12:41 PM

Same. He has really nice arms and is very thick.

Jamie also looked hot as fuck in his tank top when he was working out with the team. I never noticed how muscular his arms are. I’m usually looking at his legs and butt.

by Anonymousreply 477May 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Jamie had me laughing several times last night.

"I'm flattered!"

And agree, Roy's ass is beautifully hairy, no way it's smooth.

The Rebecca/Roy interactions thankfully didn't fall into the "you go girl" trap that the Rebecca/Keeley interactions have all season. It was a fresh note to play for both characters and I liked those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 478May 10, 2023 1:29 PM

I kinda laughed when beard said ‘there’s probably another gay person in this room’ and they all looked at Jaime. Like Trent and his skin tight Dolly Parton shirt and leopard print shoes wasn’t right there. C’mon.

by Anonymousreply 479May 10, 2023 1:34 PM

I loved the little interaction between Sam and Jamie when Jamie wanted the captain’s band and Sam flipped him off. Sam is adorable and Jamie, as we know, is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 480May 10, 2023 3:38 PM

Loved that Trent was wearing a Cure t-shirt in the episode. The costume design team is on point.

by Anonymousreply 481May 10, 2023 3:38 PM

This episode made up for the last one for sure. I even laughed harder than I have this season when Leslie criticized Jack’s handshake.

I will admit I was hoping Isaac was also gay and he and Colin would hook up, but at least the episode ended on a sweet note.

by Anonymousreply 482May 10, 2023 5:09 PM

R482 When Isaac came over to apologize or make up or whatever and he went up the stairs at Colin's place I was kinda like....whoa, are they going there?

LOL at Isaac guessing who Colin would say the "fittest" (hottest) guy on the team was.

by Anonymousreply 483May 10, 2023 9:16 PM

Finally, a very good episode

by Anonymousreply 484May 11, 2023 2:00 AM

Is it just me, or have they really ramped up Dani’s stupidity this season? He was always a little dim, but he’s coming off mentally challenged now. Too many footballs to the head?

by Anonymousreply 485May 11, 2023 3:20 AM

It’s not just you, R485. Danny has devolved into a complete buffoon. It’s actually offensive how ridiculous the character has become.

by Anonymousreply 486May 11, 2023 4:20 AM

Which is a shame because he’s very sweet. And has beautiful hair. They shouldn’t have made him a himbo.

by Anonymousreply 487May 11, 2023 4:27 AM

They really had a few too many characters.

by Anonymousreply 488May 11, 2023 4:41 AM

Exactly, R488.

Yet for some reason, this season they’ve decided to make the Dutch and French players more prominent.

by Anonymousreply 489May 11, 2023 5:34 AM

The French guy is cute.

Ted has just become too corny, if he leaves he needs to take weird Coach Beard with him.

by Anonymousreply 490May 11, 2023 5:36 AM

Which player did Colin say was the fittest?

by Anonymousreply 491May 11, 2023 5:38 AM

I thought he said Bumbercatch, which is this guy.

When it's clearly the Frenchie. partly inspired by Olivier Giroud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492May 11, 2023 6:58 AM

Photo of Bumbercatch didn't load

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493May 11, 2023 6:59 AM

I really didn’t buy Isaac’s claim that his problem was that Colin hadn’t come out to him. Instead, I really thought he seemed homophobic and freaked out at the idea of having a gay guy on the team. That last minute declaration didn’t ring true to me.

by Anonymousreply 494May 11, 2023 9:00 AM

NExt episode is the series finale?

by Anonymousreply 495May 11, 2023 9:04 AM

Where are the pics of Roy’s ass? Why hasn’t the Daily Mail or Telegraph or whatever hacked his nudes yet?!

by Anonymousreply 496May 11, 2023 9:23 AM

R56, how did your hat taste?

by Anonymousreply 497May 11, 2023 9:32 AM

R496 I think the UK doesn’t care about this show.

It would have been funny if Roy had flashed his butt at Rebecca when he walked away, but I guess that would have been too disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 498May 11, 2023 9:50 AM

Ted’s accent was really getting on my nerves this episode. Idk why now, but maybe I’ll mute him from now on.

Kansas people don’t have Southern accents like that, do they?

by Anonymousreply 499May 11, 2023 12:26 PM

Colin said Moe Bumbercatch was the fittest. Strange choice, he’s odd looking and tiny. But he’s had some funny lines.

The French guy Richard is prettiest to me, Jamie is very hot, but I think my choice would be Roy. Love that hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 500May 11, 2023 12:29 PM

R495 there are 3 more in the season. Eps 10, 11 and 12.

by Anonymousreply 501May 11, 2023 12:33 PM

I don't know who it was in one of those last episodes, whether it was the Dutch guy or not, but there was a beautiful guy with a furry pelt.

by Anonymousreply 502May 11, 2023 12:34 PM

The French guy is attractive, but they portray him as a raunchy pervert…which is off-putting. In the last episode he talked about fucking a mother and daughter, and this episode made him out to be a deviant.

by Anonymousreply 503May 11, 2023 8:18 PM

The biggest problem with this season is that the show is called Ted Lasso, but he's a supporting character at best this season.

The whole season is coming across as a backdoor pilot for a spin-off, rather than a satisfying conclusion to Ted's story or even Rebecca's which was the catalyst to the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 504May 11, 2023 8:43 PM

Yep, good analysis R504.

I'm betting that the original season was more close-ended and someone somewhere decided on rewriting with an eye to a spinoff or changed show like the Conners.

by Anonymousreply 505May 11, 2023 9:20 PM

They should let the guy who plays Trent Crimm wear his own clothes on the show. Imagine Trent rolling into the locker room in this sea foam green cardigan, no shirt, and wide ass yellow pants. That’d be something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506May 13, 2023 12:40 AM

Trent needs to wear a Blondie shirt next. Or has he already?

by Anonymousreply 507May 13, 2023 1:29 AM

I find Trent very attractive, it's the hair.

by Anonymousreply 508May 13, 2023 1:32 AM

The makeup artist for the show needs to calm down on the lip gloss application. It’s gross and distracting when we get a close up of Keely or Rebecca talking and there’s always sticky strings of gloss stretching between their lips.

On the other hand, anything that distracts from Keely’s janky teefs is a good thing I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 509May 13, 2023 1:37 AM

[quote]I find Trent very attractive, it's the hair.

I agree, but he needs a better cut.

It's very reminiscient of Aiden Shaw and Timothy Omundson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510May 13, 2023 1:59 AM

He’s fuckable. Is he gay in real life?

by Anonymousreply 511May 13, 2023 4:16 AM

R509 what gets me is the mascara on Rebecca. I know it’s supposed to enhance the eyelashes, it it all just clumps together and I think it looks awful. Not just on her, but any woman. It looks like they’re wearing a ton of it. Just black clumps in there.

by Anonymousreply 512May 13, 2023 4:18 AM

R511: Oddly enough, he got married for the first time—to a woman—only several years ago. And now, he’s a late-in-life father (child was born only 5 years ago).

by Anonymousreply 513May 13, 2023 4:23 AM

He will always be Danny from AbFab to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514May 13, 2023 10:06 AM

People who enjoy Ted Lasso will enjoy The Book Group, about a neurotic American who moves to the UK and meets a lot of eccentric people.

James Lance, Michelle Gomez, Rory McCann from Game Of Thrones, Derek Riddell from Happy Valley and lots of other people.

It features an unashamedly full on scene of two men enjoying vigorous anal sex.

by Anonymousreply 515May 13, 2023 10:13 AM

Thanks R515. It looks like it’s available on Amazon Prime.

by Anonymousreply 516May 13, 2023 11:07 AM

Oh my god, Danny from AbFab is also Trent Crimm?

1. I'm so old.

2. Very good looks aged very well!

by Anonymousreply 517May 13, 2023 6:58 PM

R514 cute. I’m jealous of that thick hair. Mine has always been so wispy.

by Anonymousreply 518May 13, 2023 7:47 PM

There should be an episode where Jamie finds out just how hairy Roy's ass.....and moist, inviting hole.....really is.

by Anonymousreply 519May 13, 2023 8:08 PM

I’m sure Jamie’s tongue can attest to the hairiness of Roy’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 520May 13, 2023 11:26 PM

Young Trent Crimm is adorable! I would have had the biggest crush on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521May 14, 2023 2:37 AM

I just realized that Rebecca is also Septa Unella from GoT.

Shame. SHAME.

by Anonymousreply 522May 15, 2023 11:55 PM

I never watched GoT, R522; was her character related to the other blonde giantess on the show?

by Anonymousreply 523May 16, 2023 12:35 AM

No. They weren’t related and they didn’t share any scenes.

by Anonymousreply 524May 16, 2023 1:20 AM

She mostly shared scenes with Lena Headey (Cersei).

by Anonymousreply 525May 16, 2023 12:33 PM

And unfortunately for her, The Mountain monster…

by Anonymousreply 526May 16, 2023 1:15 PM

Mostly a decent episode - and a really great shot of Roy's furry chest.

by Anonymousreply 527May 17, 2023 4:14 AM

Oh right, it comes out on tuesdays now. Or has it always been tuesdays this season?

Did it move closer to a conclusion in some way? Of any storyline?

by Anonymousreply 528May 17, 2023 4:37 AM

It has been coming out late in the evening on Tuesdays.

There's no clear path to a conclusion, though some stories seem to be inching to a temporary resolution.

by Anonymousreply 529May 17, 2023 4:39 AM

We need to see Roy’s ass! We want answers! Hairy or smooth?

by Anonymousreply 530May 17, 2023 5:19 AM

Great episode. The scene between Juno Temple and Annette Badland was lovely.

It does feel like it's walking gently towards a conclusion.

Never outstay your welcome.

by Anonymousreply 531May 17, 2023 7:53 AM

What was the context of the Roy chest? ‘Training’ with Jamie?

I hope.

by Anonymousreply 532May 17, 2023 11:37 AM

*Spoiler* I thought I missed the part when Nate quit or got fired when it was announced at the beginning of the show.

by Anonymousreply 533May 17, 2023 1:33 PM

R532 His niece Phoebe has a party for him and Jamie attends (there's the Jamie moment). He wears a tie dye shirt that Phoebe made for him at school - which shocks everyone since tie dye is....well, not Roy.

Anyway, at a certain point once the day is done he goes to his jeep and then in frustration takes off the shirt....and we get a few seconds of his beautiful pelt.

by Anonymousreply 534May 17, 2023 1:47 PM

Thanks! I do enjoy seeing shirtless Roy.

by Anonymousreply 535May 17, 2023 2:19 PM

The long episodes do them no favors - there was a whole weird and almost pointless story about players playing for what is essentially an All Star game, for international teams, and the African billionaire who previously tried to lure Sam to his team plays a role in this episode that went on a bit too long.

But there are a few moments where things happen that are very definitely worth cheering for. I won't spoil the specifics.

Warning: it's also a Nate heavy episode. (I don't mind the character, and though he got a lot of shitty writing at the beginning of this season, but warning for those who despise him.)

I have to assume that if Ted the character is wrapping up his time in London, then something happens in this next episode to start that catalyst, and then the end is....well, the end, at least for a while.

by Anonymousreply 536May 17, 2023 2:24 PM

I hope it’s not Michelle telling him that she broke up with dr. Jacob and she’s willing to try again with Ted. Vomit.

He should go back because that’s where Henry is. I can’t imagine Ted being away from him for another three years or so.

What’s the synopsis for episode 11?

by Anonymousreply 537May 17, 2023 3:02 PM

I definitely do NOT want Ted to go back with his ex-wife. No matter how they slice it, it is such a backward step for the character. However, the description for the next episode is "an unexpected guest has Ted on edge" - sounds like ex-wife.

You know they're going to send Nate back to Richmond although that doesn't make any sense. Roy would either have to work for the former towel boy as an assistant, or Nate would have to become an assistant after being head coach. Although if Ted leaves, the other coach would also be leaving, so there's actually two openings.

I want Keeley's business to become screaming success and have the venture capital company fire Jack for yet another screw up. She's essentially Rebecca's ex-husband who can't keep it in her pants.

by Anonymousreply 538May 17, 2023 3:11 PM

I hope the unexpected visitor is Rebecca’s Dutch guy. He was hot.

But it’s probably a rat in his apartment or something.

by Anonymousreply 539May 17, 2023 3:29 PM

So Rebecca found her (inner) child?

by Anonymousreply 540May 17, 2023 11:50 PM

I finally figured out where I knew the rich guy who had the meeting and threatened Sam, he is in 'I Think You Should Leave'.

by Anonymousreply 541May 18, 2023 1:09 AM

He’s also in VEEP in the last two(?) seasons.

by Anonymousreply 542May 18, 2023 2:13 AM

I didn't quite understand why Rebecca, Rupert et al were covered in food after Rebecca read them all for filth.....were they implying threw it at them?

by Anonymousreply 543May 18, 2023 4:04 AM

[quote]I didn't quite understand why Rebecca, Rupert et al were covered in food after Rebecca read them all for filth.....were they implying threw it at them?

That's just the way the English are, very messy eaters. One rarely saw her late Majesty up close without noticing bits of ground beef and onion in her hair.

by Anonymousreply 544May 18, 2023 5:26 AM

I just saw Juno Temple is also in the new season of Fargo, no wonder she looks haggard

by Anonymousreply 545May 18, 2023 5:31 AM

R543, I cannot tell if you are being serious or not. Very, very nice episode. Rebecca's speech was great. And, as mentioned above, Nathan going from "my boss invited me to drink with whores" to "I quit" really does not make much sense. And it should be a greater scandal, they treat it as if no big deal, but it should be. And Nathan's room....are we to believe that he never moved apartments? his room (before he breaks into his parents' house) makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 546May 18, 2023 8:33 AM

This was a strange one. It felt like I'd missed an episode somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 547May 18, 2023 8:41 AM

I enjoyed this past episode…it reminded me of something we’d see in Season 1 or 2, and I especially loved the Nigerian billionaire.

However, I wonder if it’s intentional that Ted is now a peripher character. I’m beginning to wonder if he’ll even appear or be mentioned in the final episode.

Also, Keely’s storyline isn’t the feminist triumph the show likes to pretend. She officially hasn’t spent an episode single.

by Anonymousreply 548May 18, 2023 11:58 AM

They’re phasing Ted out so he can go back to Kansas, but maybe keep the show going with the other characters? Idk if they would do a team spinoff, Brett Goldstein seems busy, as does Juno Temple, but the other characters might want to do a Richmond show.

But I think it’s clear Ted is on his way out. He’ll definitely be in the finale, but he won’t be staying.

I hope ep 12 is the end of it all.

by Anonymousreply 549May 18, 2023 12:52 PM

I thought the latest ep was best if the season so far. It captured old love well - the times you remember the best if the person you’re no longer with. Sweet. Great tribute to the essence of sports. Rebecca has come to love the game. Jamie’s continued growth & redemption. Wonderful scene w May. Nate’s parents finally becoming more than a stereotype. Everyone healing. The Ted influence. He will likely leave at the end of the season & all will be better for knowing him. Guessing they’ll carry on into season four.

by Anonymousreply 550May 18, 2023 1:15 PM

I wonder what the new show will be called since calling it Ted Lasso without Ted Lasso would be rather strange.

by Anonymousreply 551May 18, 2023 1:27 PM

Richmond Greyhounds? Something with Richmond in it.

by Anonymousreply 552May 18, 2023 1:52 PM

Richmond, Poor Mond?

by Anonymousreply 553May 18, 2023 3:34 PM

[quote] I cannot tell if you are being serious or not

I was being serious. They were covered in food as if it were a food fight.

Did I miss a scene?

by Anonymousreply 554May 18, 2023 4:16 PM

R554. I believe the Nigerian owner got very mad and threw the meal on their faces.

by Anonymousreply 555May 18, 2023 4:33 PM

This latest episode was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 556May 18, 2023 4:35 PM

R555 Thanks. I assumed that too but just couldn't figure out if I somehow missed context somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 557May 18, 2023 4:37 PM

R557 I too thought it was food fight as they were all just little boys at heart? Along with Nate's mysterious sacking/resignation and him moving back in with his parents for some reason, it was a shit episode that seemed completely out of sync.

by Anonymousreply 558May 18, 2023 4:41 PM

I didn't think Nate moved back in, but after the press was hounding his residence looking for him, he went to his parents' house to hide out.

by Anonymousreply 559May 18, 2023 4:55 PM

I loved the last episode - and wretch at any inner-child reference, but this one got me.

by Anonymousreply 560May 18, 2023 8:05 PM

Brett confirms his ass is NOT smooth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561May 18, 2023 10:05 PM

I knew it.

by Anonymousreply 562May 19, 2023 12:19 AM

I need to taste it for verificatia.

by Anonymousreply 563May 19, 2023 4:37 AM

Be careful what you wish for. Hairy asses are like lint traps.

by Anonymousreply 564May 19, 2023 8:50 AM

[quote]Be careful what you wish for. Hairy asses are like lint traps.

I went out with a guy who was that hairy.

He had excellent hygiene and bathed. Yet, there were always little hairs EVERYWHERE. There were always little hairs in the shower, in the sink, on the sheets, on the bathroom floor.

by Anonymousreply 565May 19, 2023 12:22 PM

Same, R565.

But the beautiful, hairy Jordanian/Italian dude responsible for it, and his long, fat cock were worth having to scrub the tub every other day and the time it took to pull a pound of hair out of the drain trap. LOL

by Anonymousreply 566May 19, 2023 2:21 PM

Okay, LMAO....

A writer for TVLine - a straight frauette - wants Roy and Jamie together. LOLOLOLLLLLL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567May 19, 2023 11:52 PM

[quote]Kansas people don’t have Southern accents like that, do they?

Absolutely not, R499. The Kansas "accent" is closest to what most people consider the un-accented middle-American accent used on the national news. In other words, you wouldn't consider them to have an accent at all.

by Anonymousreply 568May 22, 2023 2:01 PM

Happy Monday...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569May 22, 2023 6:38 PM

He's stunningly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 570May 22, 2023 6:39 PM

No new episode today? Haven’t they been coming out on tuesdays?

by Anonymousreply 571May 24, 2023 1:04 AM

I think they come out at 8 or 9pm est.

by Anonymousreply 572May 24, 2023 1:06 AM

Oh Jamie Tartt..I love you so.

by Anonymousreply 573May 24, 2023 2:49 AM

The episode sets up the finale. Good episode that brings a lot of closure to storylines.

Series Finale next week.

by Anonymousreply 574May 24, 2023 3:31 AM

What was the unexpected guest for Ted?

by Anonymousreply 575May 24, 2023 3:37 AM

His mother.

by Anonymousreply 576May 24, 2023 3:43 AM

Interesting. She tell him she’s dying and he should come home?

by Anonymousreply 577May 24, 2023 3:46 AM

Well, that's the Emmy winning episode right there. Fuck, that was good.

by Anonymousreply 578May 24, 2023 4:39 AM

[quote] She tell him she’s dying and he should come home?

No...that Henry misses him, and needs his dad.

by Anonymousreply 579May 24, 2023 4:39 AM

Hottest moments would be a tie between Jamie crying on Roy's shoulder and touching his face....and Roy coming off the team bus shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 580May 24, 2023 4:40 AM

Yes looks like Ted will go home to be with his son and Nate takes over

by Anonymousreply 581May 24, 2023 4:52 AM

^that’s what I predicted would happen. No way Ted would be away from Henry three more years. Adios Ted!

Nate’s back as head coach for Richmond? Did he make a new Believe sign to appease everyone? Rebecca’s cool with him? He was a total dick.

by Anonymousreply 582May 24, 2023 12:58 PM

I hate Nate.

by Anonymousreply 583May 24, 2023 1:05 PM

Yeah, I'm not psyched in Nate's "redemption" since it isn't based on contrition or personal growth so much as guilt or regret.

Also, the towel boy becomes head coach? Roy would be okay with taking orders from the towel boy?

I don't find Nate to be a compelling character. He's certainly not sympathetic. Good villains are sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 584May 24, 2023 1:34 PM

I hope Nate doesn't become head coach.

I'd be good with Roy as HC and Nate as some kind of assistant coach.

Or Beard stays and is HC.

Nate jumping back into Richmond and becoming HC would be a lot to ask of those characters in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 585May 24, 2023 1:59 PM

Did Rebecca’s Dutch guy come back? Does she still want a kid?

by Anonymousreply 586May 24, 2023 2:03 PM

R586 No, and they haven't mentioned that for a few episodes.

Rebecca and Sam traded a little look in this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 587May 24, 2023 2:11 PM

I wonder how long the finale will be. This episode was an hour and ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 588May 24, 2023 2:17 PM

Dang, that’s long. Any good Trent content? They should give him a bf at the end.

by Anonymousreply 589May 24, 2023 2:20 PM

New thread for when this one is done....we'll probably fill this one up before next week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590May 24, 2023 2:20 PM

Whoops wrong link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591May 24, 2023 2:21 PM

Jamie's mom was....weird.

by Anonymousreply 592May 24, 2023 2:23 PM

The end scene should be a time jump of a few months with Ted back in Kansas and he gets a package from England and it’s a copy of Trent Crimm’s book- The Lasso Way. Ted smiles and Henry is there and everyone is happy.

/scene

Or

A sexy fuck scene with Jamie and Roy.

by Anonymousreply 593May 24, 2023 2:23 PM

When Rebecca answered the door and her friend was there, who was the other person?

What did they have to tell Rebecca?

by Anonymousreply 594May 24, 2023 2:44 PM

R595 One of the women was Bex, Rupert's current wife. The other one with darker hair is or was, I think, the woman that Rebecca saw Rupert whispering to/kissing earlier in the year when she warned him: don't pull your shit again.

We don't know what they said. TBA

by Anonymousreply 595May 24, 2023 2:47 PM

Season 3 has been a mixed bag and there have been some good things through the season.

But Nate and Keeley both had shitty storylines. They were both "islanded" from the rest of the show. We should have seen Nate have some sort of showdown with Ted, or Rupert, or someone.....and as for Keeley I have no idea who she is now.

by Anonymousreply 596May 24, 2023 2:52 PM

[quote][R595] One of the women was Bex, Rupert's current wife. The other one with darker hair is or was, I think, the woman that Rebecca saw Rupert whispering to/kissing earlier in the year when she warned him: don't pull your shit again.

Ah, I think you're right. I just rewatched it and used the google machine.

The woman Rupert was whispering with was his assistant at the time. After her warning, Rupert shows up at the owner's meeting later with the frumpy assistant.

The assistant he was whispering with is obviously just bitter at being dumped and fired, so went running to Bex. She knew she was messing with a married man, but did it anyway. No sympathy for the trash getting taken out. Actually, wasn't Rupert screwing the Bex which led to the divorce with Rebecca or was there another woman before Bex. If she was the woman he was banging while married to Rebecca, why would Rebecca care what happens to her?

by Anonymousreply 597May 24, 2023 3:03 PM

Rebecca has some empathy for her, I guess, because Rebecca *was* Bex to whoever Rupert was married to before. She's been there, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 598May 24, 2023 3:06 PM

ROY KENT'S HUGE HAIRY COCK

by Anonymousreply 599May 24, 2023 3:06 PM

SEXY BABEH!

by Anonymousreply 600May 24, 2023 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!