Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida, says state "has become hostile to Black Americans"

Not only should gays avoid Florida, Blacks and Latinos should too.

The NAACP issued a travel advisory for the state “in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis’ aggressive attempts to erase Black history and to restrict diversity, equity, and inclusion programs in Florida schools,” the group said in a written statement Saturday.

Florida rejects social studies textbooks that mention social justice, taking a knee and other content of 'concern' The announcement came days after LULAC – the League of United Latin American Citizens – issued a travel advisory for Florida after DeSantis signed a new immigration law that will go into effect in July.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2023 2:43 AM

Already a thread

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2023 1:39 PM

R1, why did it take you so long to respond?

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2023 1:42 PM

AVOID FLORIDA!

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2023 1:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2023 1:49 PM

LGBT+ people should also not travel to Florida.

And quite frankly, Black people and LGBT+ people should not travel to Texas either. Or Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee, or several other states.

It's getting dangerous out there people. We're the equivalent of early 1930s Germany now. And it's going to get even worse unless voters throw the GOP out of power everywhere they can over the next year and a half. Seriously, I don't care what you think of Democrats, you need to vote for them en mass to crush the GOP and make them pay an electoral price for their evil fascist bigotry & hate.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2023 1:53 PM

That would be great. Miami Beach will be a lot more peaceful during spring break.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2023 1:57 PM

[quote]The NAACP issued a travel advisory for the state “in direct response to Governor Ron DeSantis’ aggressive attempts to erase Black history

More like blacks and white progressives want to rewrite history from a pro-black/trans perspective and anti-white bias.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2023 2:00 PM

"Thanks buddy!"

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2023 2:01 PM

But communist progressives like Joe Biden will make little boys cut off their dicks and make little girls wear strap-ons. Won't someone please think of the children?

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2023 2:01 PM

The Disney gays are not going to give up Florida.

Plus don't we see threads like these every few months or so, about how hordes of people are flocking to Florida (and Texas)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2023 2:03 PM

I'm staying in WeHo with the doors bolted and my butt plug on high.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2023 2:13 PM

People with functioning brains should be avoiding Florida.

I've never been there, I've never had any desire to go there.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2023 2:14 PM

A lot of white people that live in long Island love going to Florida especially Miami. I know a few black people who are moving to Florida. I don't think the boycott will work since there are black people who see nothing wrong with what DeSantis is doing and they dispise the NAACP.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2023 2:24 PM

R10. Sure, they've got loads of aged retirees hoping to enjoy the Sunshine State before they kick the bucket and half of it goes underwater.

It's like a giant retirement home. They can reminisce about some mythical time before gay or black people as they slowly drift out onto the sea of dementia.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2023 2:31 PM

[quote]A lot of white people that live in long Island love going to Florida especially Miami.

That explains everything. Lawn Guy island magat trash.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2023 2:36 PM

Lawn guyland...sorry.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2023 2:38 PM

Ridiculous.

They need a travel advisory for Chicago, though. Also, Washington DC and Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2023 2:50 PM

I'm sure his obsessive crusade to Make Florida Great (Straight/White/Christian?) Again gives the Deplorables a little titter here and there, but his cluelessness is jaw-dropping. He seems to have time-travelled from 1943.

The only reason he 'won' Governor again is because Florida is so corrupt and has been hacked for decades. And Trump has darkly hinted that he helped DeSatan behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2023 2:50 PM

[quote]A lot of white people that live in long Island love going to Florida especially Miami.

I'm from Long Island originally, and whenever I check Facebook for someone i knew growing up, at least 50% of the time the person has moved to Florida.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2023 2:57 PM

[QUOTE] It's getting dangerous out there people.

Indeed it is, with people getting randomly stabbed in NY, and flash mobs in CA.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2023 7:45 PM

[quote]flash mobs in CA

Indeed, r20!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2023 7:48 PM

[quote]More like blacks and white progressives want to rewrite history from a pro-black/trans perspective and anti-white bias.

What was it that made you such a rancid person, r7?

by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2023 7:56 PM

Horrible!

As a gay latino I travelled to Florida in 2018 and there was no hostility. But then, Orlando is the bluest part of Florida.

Republicans are divisive and destructive

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2023 8:01 PM

[quote]Indeed it is, with people getting randomly stabbed in NY, and flash mobs in CA.

Lol, we're doing fine, r20, we send our love.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2023 8:07 PM

As a gay traveller, I had to face the orthodoxy on my recent trip to Florida. I was so scared I never left the confines of Wilton Manors the entire time I was down there. It simply wasn't safe. Yes it was that bad.

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2023 8:25 PM

As Florida has the second highest population of black people (after Texas) in the US and they represent 16% of the population, the NAACP is being ridiculous. Are they all supposed to move?

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] More like blacks and white progressives want to rewrite history from a pro-black/trans perspective and anti-white bias.

Instead, DeSantis is demanding a pro-straight, white telling of history. How is that preferable?

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2023 8:28 PM

Not making white children separate themselves into the "oppressors" in DEI training is NOT erasing history.

Trannies claiming TWOC "threw the first brick" and are responsible for LGB rights IS.

by Anonymousreply 28May 22, 2023 8:33 PM

[quote] Not making white children separate themselves into the "oppressors" in DEI training is NOT erasing history.

Ive done tons of DEI training and not one named whites as oppressors. That was completely made up by people to stop all diversity training.

by Anonymousreply 29May 22, 2023 8:34 PM

Shhhh R28 doesn't want white people to recognize their privilege.

by Anonymousreply 30May 22, 2023 8:35 PM

The anti-DEI movement is just another manifestation white supremacy. How dare we teach that there's value in diversity??!!

by Anonymousreply 31May 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Please, are there no more leaders in the NAACP who remember segregation? Florida is doing some stupid stuff but it’s no more unsafe for Black people than it was five or ten years ago. And a lot safer than 1953.

by Anonymousreply 32May 22, 2023 8:49 PM

I'd like to see an enraged drag queen get a few cocktails in her and knock that pudgy pipsqueak DeSantis to the ground and really get in some big punches to his face in before getting pulled off.

DeSantis would be out on the campaign trail with a swollen bruised face after a mean fag beat the shit out of him. Maybe some gays in the crowd would yell, "An we'll do it AGAIN, Bitch!" and have it on the news! Good times.

by Anonymousreply 33May 22, 2023 9:02 PM

[quote] Please, are there no more leaders in the NAACP who remember segregation? Florida is doing some stupid stuff but it’s no more unsafe for Black people than it was five or ten years ago. And a lot safer than 1953.

Comparing it to a worse time is ridiculous. You're basically saying, "Be thankful you're not being enslaved."

by Anonymousreply 34May 22, 2023 9:03 PM

Bless your heart, r28. With your severe mental disturbance you're *still* able to spread shit on social media.

by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2023 9:03 PM

[quote] Please, are there no more leaders in the NAACP who remember segregation? Florida is doing some stupid stuff but it’s no more unsafe for Black people than it was five or ten years ago. And a lot safer than 1953.

Thanks for Whitesplaining.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2023 9:04 PM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2023 9:52 PM

I guess he'd be in a position to know then. Jesus.

Texas isn't save for LGBT people anymore. I live in Texas. That's not a contradiction.

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2023 1:21 AM

Ron loosing weight . He must be on the Mounjaro or Ozempix or something similar . Looking great !

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2023 2:12 AM

Pics or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2023 3:17 AM

Ron is more fem than a tangerine. He'll can't seal the deal.

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2023 3:21 AM

Does this "leader" have any stats to back him up?

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2023 3:25 AM

[quote]More like blacks and white progressives want to rewrite history from a pro-black/trans perspective and anti-white bias.

Cite examples. Because we all know DeSantis wants to downplay slavery.

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2023 3:25 AM

Ann Coulter @AnnCoulter · 10h

NAACP issues warning to African Americans to avoid visiting Florida; employees in restaurant and tourism industry brace for 0.00 % drop in tips.

by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2023 8:51 AM

Now even more people are going to travel to Florida. lol

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2023 9:12 AM

I have a better idea...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2023 9:17 AM

The NAACP didn't invent such warnings. There used to be a series of guides published to help black travelers know where it was safe for them to travel, and where it wasn't. They were called "green books." (One sees them depicted in 'Lovecraft Country,' the 2020 HBO series.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2023 11:14 AM

More:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 23, 2023 11:22 AM

[quote] Latinos should too.

Good luck with that 😂

by Anonymousreply 49May 23, 2023 11:33 AM

I wonder if this will be as effective as the NAACP boycott of the NFL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 23, 2023 11:50 AM

R26 None of what you are saying is true. Texas is #20, Florida #13. What else will you pull out of your ignorant ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 23, 2023 1:04 PM

R33 - No! No punches. Nobody wants to wreck a manicure. A brick in purse can prevent such damage and would be more damaging to his face.

by Anonymousreply 52May 23, 2023 1:16 PM

I agree with r28.

NAACP didn’t warn against FL when Trayvon Martin was killed. And his killer got away with murder.

They didn’t speak out against the NFL when a black player was caught on tape beating his black girlfriend & dragging her body into an elevator.

I don’t understand why people who oppose the grotesquely homophobic T ideology are being slurred as white supremacists. Makes no sense.

But then the black community has never been exactly pro-gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 53May 23, 2023 1:20 PM

I find DeSantis DISGUSTING but that picture…I dunno. I would be interested in checking out what’s under the hood. Full head of hair, deep tan that surprisingly works **in this picture**.

Re: the NAACP, this seems like an overreaction.

by Anonymousreply 54May 23, 2023 1:27 PM

Black Americans are drama queens. I'm sure Florida will be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 55May 23, 2023 1:48 PM

R53 is a fucking bigoted moron who doesn't have a clue what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 56May 23, 2023 1:52 PM

I'M white as hell and I wouldn't even go to Florida to take a shit. If a flight I was to be on was to stop there I would find a different flight. Floridians hired the village idiot as governor and are proud of themselves.Sea level rise is coming good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 57May 23, 2023 2:08 PM

[quote] NAACP didn’t warn against FL when Trayvon Martin was killed. And his killer got away with murder.

Because that was a specific one-off incident, not an official government policy

by Anonymousreply 58May 23, 2023 2:12 PM

[quote] Black Americans are drama queens. I'm sure Florida will be just fine.

The warning isn't for Florida; it's for Black Americans. Sure Florida will be fine but this is about protecting Blacks.

Latino and LGBT groups have given the same warning about Florida.

I don't expect Florida to fold up and die--I just don't need to spend my money there.

by Anonymousreply 59May 23, 2023 2:14 PM

I'll worry about rising sea level when Obama ditches his Hawaiian AND Martha's Vineyard beachfront mansions for a shack high in the Rockys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 23, 2023 2:15 PM

r51, If you look at the chart you yourself linked, you'lll see that poster was correct.

Texas has the highest Af-Am population at 3,964,700 with Florida the second highest at 3,703,952.

Slow down, think and learn to read statistics before you start hurling insults.

by Anonymousreply 61May 23, 2023 2:38 PM

Florida is declaring war on a AA and gay people. R58, is correct. They are making government policies and laws to depower both groups. This is the beginning on new Jim Crow-like laws. My brother and his wife live in St. John's County. I keep asking when is he going to move elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 62May 23, 2023 3:41 PM

R62 Then let's join forces with our gay brothers and sisters! Nah, just kidding. They're abominations.

by Anonymousreply 63May 23, 2023 6:22 PM

Florida has like 1.5 million self-confessed LGs out of 20 million people. It has almost 4 million black people. DeSantis is one person who won’t be in office forever. I don’t understand the hysteria except that people are still chasing their self-righteousness high from the Trump years.

by Anonymousreply 64May 23, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote] I don’t understand the hysteria

What could be more simple. A democratic auxiliary political front trying to damage DeSantis who poses a likely danger to Joe if republicans tire of Trump. Clumsy chess move, especially following all those recently failed woke boycotts.

by Anonymousreply 65May 23, 2023 6:59 PM

R26 from your lips to God's ears!

by Anonymousreply 66May 23, 2023 7:01 PM

R51 Black/black and interracial population per state:

1. Texas 3,552,997 12% / 3,964,700 14% 2 Georgia 3,320,513 31% / 3,538,146 33% 3 Florida 3,246,381 15% / 3,703,952 17% 4 New York 2,986,172 15% / 3,533,873 17% 5 California 2,237,044 6% / 2,825,293 7%

The largest percentage of black residents in a state is in fact: 18 Mississippi 1,084,481 37% / 1,123,613 38% followed by 11 Louisiana 1,464,023 31% / 1,543,119 33%

Somebody needs to start organizing the black vote in Mississippi and Louisiana like they have in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 67May 23, 2023 7:09 PM

For a state that relies heavily on tourism...

Thanks to Mann Coulter for confirming Repuglican racism. That cunt has such bad karma, I can't wait until it catches up with her.

by Anonymousreply 68May 23, 2023 7:48 PM

[quote] Somebody needs to start organizing the black vote in Mississippi and Louisiana like they have in Georgia.

They, like Texas, have been so heavily gerrymandered, purposely dividing minority communities, that it's hard for minorities to exercise any political power.

by Anonymousreply 69May 23, 2023 7:53 PM

I still do not understand why a LGBT person would have such a issue with "wokeism" when the movement supports us.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2023 11:45 PM

OP/R2, etc. you've humiliated yourself

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2023 11:46 PM

R70 Please notice that the anti-woke troll pretending to be concerned about homophobia R53 is not only transphobic, s/he's also proudly racist.

I am telling you, datalounge is under attack from white angry redditors and white British fraus.

These people are not gay men, they aren't even LGBTTQ but somehow they think they belong here, and that gay people love conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2023 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!