Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis: Part 144 - 2023 Clay Court Season

The other thread was paywalled. If someone can post this there, it would be much appreciated.

Pretty disappointed with Sinner's effort. He played right into Medvedev's hands over and over. Medvedev ate up his pace and redirected the ball beautifully.

In Part 143, there were a few posts arguing back and forth about whether Alcaraz-Sinner is a bad match-up for Alcaraz. I do think he has a bit of a match-up issue with Sinner. For whatever reason, Sinner's game can cause Alcaraz some problems. Alcaraz can have a bad patch every now and then, and if Sinner is serving really well, Alcaraz can't get the break back. But when Alcaraz is on, like he was in Indian Wells a couple weeks ago, he beats Sinner.

As far as match-ups go, I think Alcaraz will bother Medvedev moving forward. Alcaraz's variety doesn't give Medvedev the steady pattern of play like Sinner does. I think the variety bothers Medvedev, and Alcaraz knows how to exploit Medvedev's court positioning. I don't know why more players don't do that to Medvedev. But Sinner just hits it deep, hard and flat, and Medvedev loves it.

by Anonymousreply 349April 20, 2023 2:26 PM

Thanks for the new thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2023 6:18 PM

Bogota marks the TRIUMPHANT return of Genie Bouchard! A blistering 6-3 6-2 win over Ylena In-Albon

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2023 8:31 PM

Charleston has a pretty loaded field

as I type this now, Svitolina is making her return to the tour with her first match since giving birth to her and Monfils' baby

she's taking on Putintseva

by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2023 8:32 PM

very sad to report DL bf Mmoh is still injured :( he is not in the Houston field so he'll drop his QF points from last year

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2023 8:33 PM

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I need to put in my two sense. I absolutely hate the tennis channel announcers, so dry and boring, and they never shut up. But more importantly I could watch Ruud play all day. I love watching Sinner, Alcaraz, Zverev, Brooksby, Tommy Paul what a man!. I CANNOT watch Djokovic, I despise Tsitsipas, I can't watch Sharopolov whatever spelling, the American Wolf is a jerk, I want to kick Rune in the teeth. I never liked Murray. Isner is the worst. Fritz always looks too small for his clothes. Krygos spelling whatever is an attention whore dirtbag. His Australian buddy is stupid and a hanger on. Felix makes this horrible grunt noise when he hits the ball that sounds like....like... so I can't watch him.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2023 8:21 AM

@R5 I'm broadly in agreement with your shitlist... but JFC... BROOKSBY????? GIVE YOUR HEAD A WOBBLE!

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2023 10:42 AM

Both Alcaraz and Felix confirmed out of Monte Carlo!

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2023 10:44 AM

[quote]Felix makes this horrible grunt noise when he hits the ball that sounds like....like

Ha, I think it sounds pretty awful too...it's hard too describe, like 'ehhh' in a weird low pitch

[quote]Both Alcaraz and Felix confirmed out of Monte Carlo!

Nadal won't be there either

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2023 11:02 AM

18 year old French Wonderboy, Lucas Van ASSche sweeps by Pedro Sousa to advance in Estoril. If he can go one more round he breaks the Top 80.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2023 3:09 PM

Svitolona had a baby?

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2023 5:05 PM

Glad to see Svitolina back on a tennis court . Always liked her

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2023 5:06 PM

Ruud is playing in Estoril. Hope he wins. He needs the points.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2023 5:08 PM

Looks like Kudla got rid of the little hair he had left on his head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2023 5:20 PM

Let’s all put in our two sense, tennis bitches! We won’t be rich, but we’ll all still hate Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2023 5:26 PM

I have five senses not two!

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2023 9:12 PM

Is Kudla a deplorable?

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2023 9:13 PM

@ R5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2023 9:53 PM

After watching Carlitos play, I'm not surprised he's injured again. He plays so hard. You can almost here his bones rattle.

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2023 10:02 PM

Another entertaining performance from Alize Cornet today: shrieking in French, staggering around the court like Frankenstein. Someone on twitter posted that he thought she looked like "one of those dead bodies on Everest that is finally found after 20 years."

Kalinskaya is SO gorgeous. Best-looking player on the WTA.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2023 1:23 AM

[quote] Someone on twitter posted that he thought she looked like "one of those dead bodies on Everest that is finally found after 20 years."

I’ve posted this before - she looks like the King of the Dead from Lord of the Rings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2023 1:29 AM

Kalinskaya looks like Bouchard.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2023 1:52 AM

interesting move from Shelton to skip Houston where all the other non-injured top 100 American guys are. Instead he's playing in Estoril and got a win today over Lestienne

Thiem finally gets a maindraw win, this time over countryman Ofner in 3 sets

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2023 1:53 AM

He offed Ofner, R22?

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2023 2:08 AM

Tsurenko team or Ons team?

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2023 2:12 AM

R21, No

by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote] Kalinskaya is SO gorgeous. Best-looking player on the WTA.

No

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2023 2:13 AM

I love Davidovich too

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2023 5:54 AM

Casper is playing at 5 pm today at the earliest in Estoril. Can't wait to watch it!

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2023 6:07 AM

Davidovich-Fokina, R27?

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2023 6:18 AM

Carlitos ass and torso.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2023 7:07 AM

R30 Fapworthy. Gracias, tio!

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2023 7:56 AM

Svitolina saw Mariupol being re build by Putin? Just asking

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2023 12:01 PM

Maybe you could start with a coherent question, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33April 5, 2023 5:05 PM

What is happening to Casper? He is about to lose again, this time on his favorite surface. This is so disappointing😭

by Anonymousreply 34April 5, 2023 5:19 PM

R33 Such as?

by Anonymousreply 35April 5, 2023 7:09 PM

[quote] how much her coach got when she ask for coach during change over when she was leading a set and a break up Asking for a friend

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2023 7:40 PM

Genie goes down in 3 sets to Rakhimova in Bogota

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2023 7:41 PM

[quote] Last year when Kyle Edmund won Indianwells Challenger ,media who is lapdog of British people was comparing that incident " to second Advent This year no is even mentioning this tournamen

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2023 7:51 PM

Ruud got his act together and blazed through the second and third sets. Thank goodness.

Hope he swings by my place later. I'll help him recover.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2023 7:53 PM

Badosa def. Fernandez 2 tough sets

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2023 7:55 PM

R38 Are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 41April 5, 2023 8:11 PM

How do we think Ons looked in her match last night?

by Anonymousreply 42April 5, 2023 8:31 PM

[quote] Glad that Fog won . I agree that Fog is jerk but you really need yo be jerk like him to beat bullies like Misery . Most of so called nice guys of ATP generally caves under intimidation tactic by misery

by Anonymousreply 43April 5, 2023 8:31 PM

Sousa isn't a pushover on clay, so that's a good win for Cute Casper.

by Anonymousreply 44April 5, 2023 10:03 PM

Where's Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2023 6:17 AM

Domicakes is back bitches. He manages to string together 2 consecutive wins for the first time this year, by slapping down Ben Shelton in straights (2 breaks in each set)

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2023 1:40 PM

Carlitos was in Murcia's challenger yesterday (he seems to be perfectly fine, i think him skipping Montecarlo has more to be with not forcing his body and cause a real injury than anything else, he only came back to tennis a month ago).

He was watching his former colleague of the Davis cup junior Pablo Llamas. Pablo was a promising junior some time ago (he won the Orange bowl U16) but he had to deal with a lot of injuries in recent years, but he seems healthy now and he seems on the verge of breaking into GS qualifications territory, he is already up almost 100 positions since the beginning of the year.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2023 8:09 PM

As much as i would love to see Domi back, i wouldn't read that much in his victory against Sheldon. This was barely the second match in red clay in his whole life so it was obvious that Domi was the clear favourite even in his recent form

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2023 8:10 PM

I wonder if Houston will even finish this year

Wednesday totally rained out

today 2 matches started but delayed due to rain. It seems to be a rain-filled week

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2023 11:03 PM

Domi tummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2023 11:31 PM

Mopsy's left arm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2023 11:34 PM

Swiatek reacts to Wimbledon not banning Russians and Belarussians this year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2023 11:43 PM

Congratulations to Shelby Rogers on her recent engagement. Her boyfriend is a US hockey player and looks cute. Shelby seems like a very nice person.

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2023 11:43 PM

Does he have a nice ass, R53?

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2023 11:46 PM

R52 Fuck you, bitch. She suppports UPA, why?

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2023 11:48 PM

^ why do you have your titties in such a twist?

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2023 11:52 PM

ESL sighted.

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2023 11:55 PM

Frau sighted.

by Anonymousreply 58April 6, 2023 11:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Iga would have loved having Sabalenka banned again.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2023 12:15 AM

Iga cannot stand the heat. She seemed Sablenka, Rybakina and the band of other Russian players are coming for her . She is running scared. Blah blah Ukraine, blah blah Russia, war . Mwahhh

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2023 12:31 AM

Bitch all you like about Djokovic but he is a fair and strong competitor. You won't hear this guy screaming to ban Medvedev, Rublev Unlike cry baby, sore loser Iga forehead Siwatek

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2023 12:34 AM

Rybakina would still be there (thankfully) either way as she plays under the Kazakhstan flag. She won last year.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2023 12:35 AM

Iga is welcome to sit out any tournament with Russians/Belarussians in protest.

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2023 3:52 AM

Diana Shnaider is a large girl. Big through the hips. Roomy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2023 3:59 AM

R53 Shelby isn't lez?

by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2023 5:30 AM

Suddenly a lot of people attack Iga for her stance, but she didn't change, she always said the same.

And let's be clear, she is way more stable than Sabalenka. She is younger and has a better career. In fact she is the first number one in a lot of time that really deserve that spot because she was constantly good for a long time

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2023 11:02 AM

OOPs, that was meant for the hot golfer thread

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2023 11:50 AM

When iga 's game falters, it goes down hard, fast and ugly. Iga is all hype

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2023 11:50 AM

Iga has three GS, she is the clear best clay courter player in the circuit. And yes, she is no Seles or Graf. She needs to improve a lot in the mental game.

But you talk like Sabalenka was different. She is amazing when everything is on and when it's not she goes down in flames

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2023 11:53 AM

Why the fuck is DL suddenly pro Russian athletes?! Wtf?! There's a reason Russian athletes in most sports are banned from competing. Tennis is the only exception. Ask yourselves why.

by Anonymousreply 70April 7, 2023 12:39 PM

I think part of it has to do with the fact tennis is an individual sport and many of these athletes have spent a lot of their lives outside of Russia. A person can't choose where they were born.

by Anonymousreply 71April 7, 2023 12:42 PM

Yeah Medvedev for example lives in the south of France and has done for most of his life. Azarenka has lived in California for years. Neither of them are responsible for Putin's actions. I actually think what they did last year was unfair. I'm pretty sure, from what I've learned about the Russian/Belorussian players on tour, that they're pretty liberal and don't support Putin. They can't come out and say it because that would put their families in danger, but that's something we in the West can't understand.

by Anonymousreply 72April 7, 2023 12:55 PM

R71 and R72 Fuck you and your excuses. Putin is using Russian athletes for his propaganda. It's wrong. They all should have been banned. ATP is looking real bad right now. On every news article with Medvedev, Rublev etc people are asking why they are allowed to play. Most people are against it. Here in Norway people are shocked and disgusted over the fact that Russian and Belarussian athletes are allowed to compete.

by Anonymousreply 73April 7, 2023 1:01 PM

How do you say Mary! in Norwegian?

by Anonymousreply 74April 7, 2023 1:08 PM

r73 have you ever faced hostility for anything you can't control? Homophobia for example, since I assume you're gay? To repeat, I abhor what the Russian government is doing, and issues aren't always black and white. Also, some Russian athletes *clearly* don't support the actions of their government (i.e. Kasatkina, Rublev).

by Anonymousreply 75April 7, 2023 1:13 PM

R66 She is paid to say stuff like that, you think she does it for free?

R70 R73 I didn't see any banned american athletes when Obama was killing chldren in Syria.... He bombed hundreds of schools and hospitals. and he got Nobel Peace Prize! Why you don't see your war crimes?

by Anonymousreply 76April 7, 2023 1:16 PM

Yeah, also Clinton's invasion of Grenada. Never forget!

by Anonymousreply 77April 7, 2023 1:18 PM

Will anyone think about dandruff bullying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 7, 2023 1:21 PM

Rublev has repeatedly made anti-war statements since Putin invaded Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 79April 7, 2023 2:07 PM

Dandruff bullying is real!! Ban all players from countries without anti-dandruff-bullying brigades!!!

by Anonymousreply 80April 7, 2023 2:51 PM

R73 I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm saying it's not right to blame individuals for the actions of the state. You're lucky to come from a progressive Western democracy. If Russian/Belorussian players were marching down Moscow streets with their trophies and chanting "Death to Ukranians!" it'd be different. But they're not.

What do you expect them to do? Put their families in danger by publicly criticising the regime? Defect? They already live thousands of miles away. The only connection they have to the Putin regime is their passport. Do you think Medvedev, Azarenka, Rublev etc are watching the news and enjoying what's happening in Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 81April 7, 2023 5:11 PM

Thicc French blondie, Alex Muller dumps out Mussy-etti in Marrakech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 7, 2023 5:20 PM

[quote] Why the fuck is DL suddenly pro Russian athletes?!

It’s one poster who has posted here for years. He posted here as “ESL” and was very active in Gays and Tennis threads. Then ESL was banned from DL for racist and xenophobic posts on other threads. The red tag showed that the banned poster was ESL. ESL didn’t post for a while but eventually returned. He’s distinctive for his Slavic writing style in English (hence “ESL”) and is now openly pro-Russian and anti-Ukraine in tennis threads and spouts Putin-style propaganda points.

by Anonymousreply 83April 7, 2023 5:28 PM

When I think bullying I think dandruff, and when I think dandruff bullying I naturally think Berrettini. How he must’ve suffered as a child.

by Anonymousreply 84April 7, 2023 5:31 PM

Minutes later, handsome-adjacent Frenchie, Quentin Halys rips apart Domi's Cakes in Estoril!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 7, 2023 5:31 PM

That sounds hot, R85.

by Anonymousreply 86April 7, 2023 5:33 PM

R86 Thanks! I know my way around a double-entendre!

by Anonymousreply 87April 7, 2023 5:36 PM

Ons team or Kalinskaya team?

Poor Ons is on the dark side of the court now serving and returning into the light.

by Anonymousreply 88April 7, 2023 5:43 PM

Currently on a bakery search in Estoril....

by Anonymousreply 89April 7, 2023 6:26 PM

What will happen in Houston if the rain continues today? They haven't even completed all the first round matches. They'll have two days to completed 3 rounds.

by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2023 6:58 PM

Kasatkina's first serve is slower than a lot of players second serves. But she makes up for it by rarely missing and pushing the ball around well.

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2023 8:48 PM

r72 Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2023 9:08 PM

R92 Stop what? Suggesting it's wrong for players who have nothing to do with the war in Ukraine to be punished for their passports?

I'm not ESL. I'm a Brit with Irish and French parentage. You can check out my posting history. I'm not a troll and I'm not right-wing.

I just don't think it's right to punish players for the actions of their government.

by Anonymousreply 93April 7, 2023 9:21 PM

R83 It is not one poster. At least 3 or 4 here.

by Anonymousreply 94April 7, 2023 9:27 PM

I think if I could fuck any player on tour right now it would be Musseyti.

He just screams 'hawt bottom'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 7, 2023 9:28 PM

First round just completed in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 96April 7, 2023 9:55 PM

this vid is delish, bishes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2023 10:21 PM

They're gonna have to play two matches matches per day to finish Houston. Round of 16 and QF tomorrow; semis and final on Saturday. I don't know if they're actually doing this, but what else can they do? They should have 10-pt tiebreaks instead of third sets. Some players are playing Monte Carlo this week, including Tiafoe and Paul. Has to suck since if they go deep in Houston with that schedule and then have to get to Monte Carlo right away, they'll be more worn out that usual. And, forget the matches, with the rain they probably haven't been able to practice much on clay this week, which they'd want for MC.

There's several ATP and WTA tournaments throughout history that never finished due to weather.

by Anonymousreply 98April 7, 2023 10:28 PM

Paul withdrew

by Anonymousreply 99April 7, 2023 10:31 PM

What happened to our sweet innocent Tommy? Did that slutty bimbo bitch do something to his dick?

by Anonymousreply 100April 7, 2023 10:33 PM

I'd like him to withdraw, too ... after he wrecked me.

by Anonymousreply 101April 7, 2023 10:34 PM

Loved the clay season video. Rublev is SO much better looking off-court than on. He has great hair and a great smile and a fun personality. Musetti is also much hotter off-court.

by Anonymousreply 102April 7, 2023 10:53 PM

Why does Ons grab her crotch every other minute? She is always pulling at something down there.

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2023 11:09 PM

She's horny and flicking the bean.

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2023 11:12 PM

R103, her shorts are riding up her crotch, so she is pulling it down

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2023 11:32 PM

She's a dyke, like the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2023 11:47 PM

Thiem's face has really cleared up, hopefully the same will happen for Alcaraz.

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2023 1:38 AM

Monte Carlo draw is out

it's a shame Nadal and Alcaraz aren't playing

stuck in Houston Tiafoe is entered but if he doesn't lose on Saturday I think he'd probably withdraw

by Anonymousreply 108April 8, 2023 7:34 AM

We will never agree about this. I think Russian and Belarussian players should be banned. I don't care if Rublev has said he's against the war and that he hasn't lived in Russia for a while. Chances are high Putin is still using him in his propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2023 8:12 AM

We have players and player teams rooting for Putin. Is this ok?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2023 8:13 AM

R107 You can get pills for that. I struggled with adult acne. I got pills which dried out the skin, the acne disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 111April 8, 2023 8:15 AM

The Putin apologists on this thread need to shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you are talking about. Putin is using Russian athletes in his propaganda war against Ukraine. The war isn't just fought on the ground in Ukraine, the propaganda machine is very important as well. If you support Russian athletes being able to compete you support Putin's propaganda mission, end of.

by Anonymousreply 112April 8, 2023 8:18 AM

R112 Nonsense.

I haven't seen anyone on here be a Putin apologist. You're just throwing out insults because you don't like that people don't agree with you about how Russian athletes should be treated. No-one on here supports the war in Ukraine. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 113April 8, 2023 8:29 AM

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree about Russian players being able to compete. Anyways, I'm glad Casper won again. First time he wins two matches in a row in like 100 days. Hopefully he will gain some confidence from this.

by Anonymousreply 114April 8, 2023 8:32 AM

Well, Rublev was pretty clear (the same with Kasatkina) that they would change their nationalities if playing for Russia become a hurdle in their careers (but of course both said that their mentality is more western than Russian, probably that information was not there for the russian people anyway)

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2023 10:51 AM

We get it, apoplexy aside, that you consider a political agenda sufficient to override the livelihod and personal legacy of players whose entire lives have been devoted to mastery and perhaps love of a sport that is ideally apolitical. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 116April 8, 2023 3:14 PM

Livelihood*

by Anonymousreply 117April 8, 2023 3:17 PM

I like the idea that Russian be removed from 1 Slam each year, i.e. Wimbledon. I wish Wimbledon would continue to do so while the needless slaughter of the Russian-invoked war still rages.

Keeping Russian athletes out of only Wimbledon is sufficient enough 'jab' to Putin, and serves as a collective 'one minute's silence' for the athletic world to low-key object to the war.

by Anonymousreply 118April 8, 2023 4:18 PM

Meanwhile in the current tennis state, the rain has run its course in Houston, and Estoril's final is almost certain to feature best buddies Ruud and Kecmanovic hugging at the net. Unless Casper falls apart, since he's just been broken in the second set after taking the first over Halys.

by Anonymousreply 119April 8, 2023 4:47 PM

The Bronx is a lively hood!

by Anonymousreply 120April 8, 2023 4:48 PM

I'm a lively hood!

by Anonymousreply 121April 8, 2023 4:58 PM

Yay! Casper did it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 122April 8, 2023 6:12 PM

It was a good win for Casper who has been in a slump for a while. Halys is not a bad player, so this should be a confidence boost for him. No matter what happens tomorrow at least he reached another final. He's back where he should be.

by Anonymousreply 123April 8, 2023 6:17 PM

Tennis Channel is such a fucking joke. There’s been live tennis on all day but they’ve shown the same Charleston quarterfinals from yesterday on a loop.

by Anonymousreply 124April 8, 2023 6:49 PM

R124 It really is a joke. Why aren’t they showing Houston?

by Anonymousreply 125April 8, 2023 6:52 PM

Do they have broadcast rights to all the other tournaments going on? Just because it's called Tennis Channel doesn't mean they have access. That said, they usually DO have access to quite a few tournaments. There's been weeks where there's 3-5 tournaments going on between men and women and they'll have a multi-hour block of switching between different matches at different tournaments. If they COULD do that this week and aren't, they're idiots. But the fact that they're not makes me think they don't have access. Are there cameras on the ground Houston?

Also, the regular Tennis Channel broadcast doesn't always include everything available on TC Plus. They just ran a commercial suggesting that you can watch all the tournaments this week for ATP and WTA - except Houston - on TC Plus.

by Anonymousreply 126April 8, 2023 6:57 PM

R126 Fair enough but you would think that with all the Americans that play in Houston they would get the rights to it if they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 127April 8, 2023 7:09 PM

Tennistv.com is a much better subscription if you just watch ATP and want to catch almost any 250, 500 or 1000 match.

by Anonymousreply 128April 8, 2023 7:16 PM

they showed Houston last year. There must not be a deal this year to show it. I don't think they've ever really shown Estoril or Marrakech and definitely not Bogota

by Anonymousreply 129April 8, 2023 7:22 PM

The Houston website has the following TV info:

The ESPN App will once again be the exclusive home of live and replay coverage of the Fayez Sarofim & Co. U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championship in the United States.

To tune into the action, follow these steps: 1) Access the ESPN App on any Smart TV, tablet or phone or go to ESPN.com 2) Authenticate your existing cable, satellite or streaming package that includes ESPN 3) Search for tennis within the app 4) Settle in to watch the action, whether live or on replay

The coverage on the ESPN app will include all 24 singles matches on Stadium Court as well as the doubles final.

Click on a link in the below schedule to be taken directly to ESPN: Saturday, April 8, 11 am- Singles Second & Quarterfinal Round

Sunday, April 9 - Singles Semifinal and Final Round and Doubles Final

by Anonymousreply 130April 8, 2023 7:27 PM

R124 Eurosport was sending live from Estoril today. I'm happy I subscribe to that channel.

by Anonymousreply 131April 8, 2023 7:32 PM

Several years ago Tennis Channel showed full matches from Marrakech.

by Anonymousreply 132April 8, 2023 7:36 PM

R130 Thanks for the info

by Anonymousreply 133April 8, 2023 8:09 PM

Musetti seems to believe too much in his own hype. I was watching the next gen ranking and he is barely number 6 of the year behind not only Alcaraz and Rune, but Shelton, Van Assche (who reached top 100 this week) and Fils (who is not even top 100 (and he is more than 100 points behind number 5).

Very poor for someone who is almost top 20 in the atp ranking

by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2023 8:09 PM

Houston: Hanfmann def. Paul 7-6(6) 6-2

Marrakech final set: Carballes Baena vs. Muller

Estoril final set: Ruud vs. Kecmanovic

by Anonymousreply 135April 8, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote]Musetti seems to believe too much in his own hype.

yeah but he's HAF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 8, 2023 9:24 PM

Is Carballes Baena somehow related to Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 8, 2023 10:17 PM

Congrats to Tomas Martin Etcheverry for advancing through to the semis and ensuring we get to ogle his very prominent and ample VPL for another day!

by Anonymousreply 138April 9, 2023 5:58 AM

Estoril: Ruud-ness Team or Kecmano-thicc Team?

Marrakech: Muller Team of Carballes Baena Team?

by Anonymousreply 139April 9, 2023 2:33 PM

Casper Vs Miomir = Love wins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 9, 2023 2:37 PM

Glad Caspar won.

Almost over but Carballes Baena team.

by Anonymousreply 141April 9, 2023 4:47 PM

Kudos, Casper! On Talk Tennis forums, he's (lovingly?) referred to as King of the 250s by some. He's made 2 Slam finals, but his 10 tournament wins are all 250s, which is sort of, but not entirely, surprising.

by Anonymousreply 142April 9, 2023 4:54 PM

Ruud will move up to no. 4 in the world, which is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 143April 9, 2023 5:44 PM

Yay! Caspet won!

by Anonymousreply 144April 9, 2023 5:59 PM

Sorry, I mean Casper. Glad he won!

by Anonymousreply 145April 9, 2023 6:00 PM

DL fave Danielle Collins won her first doubles title today in Charleston.

by Anonymousreply 146April 9, 2023 6:00 PM

R143 It's not his problem that the rest of the circuit are not regular at all (yes Daniil is playing well again, but his last season was a nightmare).

The only players who did well in all the tournaments they played are Djokovic and Alcaraz

by Anonymousreply 147April 9, 2023 6:10 PM

250x4 = 1000

by Anonymousreply 148April 9, 2023 6:26 PM

Some of you may mot be aware of this. ESL actually contributed one positive thing to The Gays and Tennis threads (well the anti-nickname troll may not think it positive). ESL was responsible for the “team” question format when asking which player in a match you prefer and/or think will win, e.g., “Misery team or Thiem team?”

by Anonymousreply 149April 9, 2023 6:30 PM

Meanwhile it's who'll edge whom in the Monte Carlo first round battle of DL boyfriends Djere vs. Hubie 7-6, 6-7, and now in a third set tie break.

by Anonymousreply 150April 9, 2023 6:40 PM

it's not a good look that a player who was briefly #2 in the world can only win 250 events. In fact, in Ruud's appearances in 4 big finals, he's managed to only win 1 set (against Alcaraz in the USO)

Ruud is consistent (well not this year) but he's not thought of a champion. Most aren't listing him as a threat to win RG. If Nadal, Djokovic and Alcaraz are healthy, those are the 3 favorites. Ruud will need another good draw to get past the QF

by Anonymousreply 151April 9, 2023 7:08 PM

Marrakech:

Carballes Baena def. Muller 4-6 7-6(3) 6-2

Bogota:

Tatjana Maria def. Peyton Stearns 6-3 2-6 6-4 defending her title from last year, being the first to do so since Fabiola Zuluaga in 2004

by Anonymousreply 152April 9, 2023 7:14 PM

R149 Is that really a positive thing?

by Anonymousreply 153April 9, 2023 7:18 PM

Monte Carlo:

Coric continues to suck hard this year losing 2-6 3-6 to the much improved Jarry

Coric didn't win a match in Indian Wells or Miami either. 3 huge tournaments at which he failed to pick up ranking points. He's got until Cincinnati to do something or else he's going to fall hard down the rankings

by Anonymousreply 154April 9, 2023 7:18 PM

I actually did not recognize Porna. Has he gained a lot of weight? He also needs a haircut, fast.

by Anonymousreply 155April 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Mot = Not

by Anonymousreply 156April 9, 2023 7:21 PM

Chore-itch.

by Anonymousreply 157April 9, 2023 7:27 PM

I'm very surprised that Bencic is playing the final so soon after finishing her SF against Pegula. Granted she only had to play 12 points but that's a fast turnaround

by Anonymousreply 158April 9, 2023 7:28 PM

poor Djere :( so close today but just came up short in 3 tiebreaks against Hurkacz

Coric and Djere could be brothers

by Anonymousreply 159April 9, 2023 7:29 PM

Bencic having her version of a meltdown after squandering set points and watching Jabeur magical shots buzz by her

by Anonymousreply 160April 9, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote]I'm very surprised that Bencic is playing the final so soon after finishing her SF against Pegula. Granted she only had to play 12 points but that's a fast turnaround

I don't know why they had the womens doubles final first. Why not let Bencic and Pegula finish their match at the start of the day, allowing the winner to have a rest before the singles final? As you said, only 20 minutes or so of playing but still.

by Anonymousreply 161April 9, 2023 7:43 PM

I agree with you, R151. Ruud got to the French final without having to face any seed ranked higher than #12. In the quarters, he took on Rune, who had a letdown after upsetting Tsitsipas in the previous round. When he finally did take on a Top Ten seed, Nadal, he got his ass handed to him.

At the US Open, he didn't face any seed ranked higher than #13. In the final, Alcaraz brain-farted away the second set, otherwise it would have been in straights. Thus, Ruud's two Slam finals last year weren't really impressive feats.

Ruud is one of those consistent Top Ten players who plays pretty well week in and week out, although not so much in the early part of this year, and he wins ATP 250s because he's the top seed. He doesn't lose a lot to those ranked under him, but unless a Slam draw falls apart, I can't see Ruud taking out Djokovic, Alcaraz, or even a hobbled Nadal in a Slam final.

by Anonymousreply 162April 9, 2023 7:44 PM

GO ONS

by Anonymousreply 163April 9, 2023 7:48 PM

Ons team.

by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2023 7:52 PM

However I do find Ons suspect now that she is involved with the PTPA.

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2023 7:53 PM

Houston final will be:

Tiafoe vs. Etcheverry

Frances has a terrible record in finals but he's looked good this week and is due to finally get a second title. Etcheverry has really come on strong since the mini South American clay swing so I'm not sure what to expect

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2023 8:15 PM

Jabeur def. Bencic to win Charleston

it's her 4th title

now she has 2 grass, 1 red clay and 1 green clay

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2023 8:25 PM

Kecmanothicc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2023 9:03 PM

what do we think gurls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2023 9:05 PM

Casper and Miomir: the Happy Couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 9, 2023 9:15 PM

Francis "High Tight Shelf Ass" Tiafoe v. Tomas "Generous, Bulgy VPL" Etcheverry" for the Houston crown - 7 PM CST.

We'd rather watch them "play" a different way, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 171April 9, 2023 9:26 PM

I do enjoy a 'hot' final. We've been spoiled with 3 today.

by Anonymousreply 172April 9, 2023 9:29 PM

I like both Tiafoe and Etcheverry, so I’m on indifferent team.

by Anonymousreply 173April 9, 2023 9:44 PM

Happy to see Ons back in winning form however, knowing her game this may quickly turn around next tournament

by Anonymousreply 174April 9, 2023 11:46 PM

I like Tiafoe's solid burnt orange outfit. A nod to U Texas, even though they're playing in Houston?

by Anonymousreply 175April 10, 2023 12:12 AM

wow horrific choke by Tiafoe serving for the match at 5-4

he missed 3 easy shots.

it's moments like this when you can see why talent and athleticism isn't enough. You've got to stay focused and not let the moment get to you. He's only won 1 title and has lost several finals

by Anonymousreply 176April 10, 2023 1:52 AM

*aren't enough

oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 177April 10, 2023 1:53 AM

Not only did he miss two shot wildly, he never should have been trying them. They were terrible choices at the time - the high knee backhand down the line, and the swinging volley at 30-15.

by Anonymousreply 178April 10, 2023 1:59 AM

yay Frances!

finally!

survived that terrible choke for a 2 tiebreak set win

it's been FIVE long years but finally a second title!

by Anonymousreply 179April 10, 2023 2:09 AM

Etcheverry is not the best mover when pushed side to side but he's good at controlling the center of the court. He could definitely cause some problems to the top 30 once he gets to Europe clay events

by Anonymousreply 180April 10, 2023 2:13 AM

Glad Big Foe pulled it out. He's had a good career and I think he'll continue to have a good career. But he doesn't strike me as someone who will win a ton of titles. This was a very good opportunity to win a second ATP title, so as a fan, I'm glad he was able to finish it and win - even with that terribly unnecessary detour.

by Anonymousreply 181April 10, 2023 2:18 AM

R176 He did end up winning.

by Anonymousreply 182April 10, 2023 2:22 AM

ok now Monte Carlo is the only pro tournament this week

Monday matches of interest:

server's battle Berrettini vs. Cressy

de Minaur vs. Murray

Thiem vs. Gasquet

Norrie vs. Cerundolo

young guns Baez vs. Draper

slumping shorties Goffin vs. Schwartzman

by Anonymousreply 183April 10, 2023 2:27 AM

Tiafoe is supposed to play Tuesday in Monte Carlo. And he's losing 6 or 7 hours going there. The commentators said he didn't want to try to fly out tonight. So I assume he'll be on a flight tomorrow morning. BTW, how do you get from Houston to Monte Carlo? Direct? From Houston to a different hub in the US and then straight to to MC? Or from Houston straight to somewhere in France and then to MC?

by Anonymousreply 184April 10, 2023 2:30 AM

R184, Houston to Paris or London then to Nice.

by Anonymousreply 185April 10, 2023 2:33 AM

Thanks, R169. I think Ruud is really hot. Big set of balls on that boy, clearly, and a fat dick to match, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 186April 10, 2023 2:33 AM

Houston to Newark to Nice and then by car to Monte Carlo.

by Anonymousreply 187April 10, 2023 2:34 AM

Thanks, R185. I didn't even think of Nice. Didn't realize it's less than 30 minutes car or train from Nice to Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 188April 10, 2023 2:38 AM

Also, R187 with a different route. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 189April 10, 2023 2:39 AM

Or you take a private jet directly there from Houston and sleep in the king size bed on the way.

by Anonymousreply 190April 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Right, R190. I forgot Fed's NetJets commercials from back in the day. I wonder if he even used the NetJets service or actually owned a private jet. Either way, must be nice. A private jet direct to the location unless here's a need to stop to fuel up.

by Anonymousreply 191April 10, 2023 3:06 AM

Sometimes you have to fly a scheduled commercial flight to and from venue city including when not planned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 10, 2023 3:19 AM

Do we know what happened to sweet Tommy yet? Is he hurt?

by Anonymousreply 193April 10, 2023 4:14 AM

Rafa throwback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 10, 2023 4:27 AM

^^^ looks like a werewolf ^^

by Anonymousreply 195April 10, 2023 4:48 AM

It’s well known that Nadal looks like a capybara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Daddy and Legz and playing dubs in Monaco. Their first match today is against Musseyti and Bolelli.

*grabs a cum-rag*

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2023 10:24 AM

The malevolent essence of Mama Brat shining through!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2023 11:58 AM

Big Jack D stomps Baez in straights

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 10, 2023 12:36 PM

Tiafoe withdrew from MC

by Anonymousreply 200April 10, 2023 2:12 PM

Two brats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 10, 2023 5:18 PM

R198, scary stuff

by Anonymousreply 202April 10, 2023 5:21 PM

even Novak likes Rune's legz

by Anonymousreply 203April 10, 2023 8:47 PM

lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 10, 2023 9:30 PM

^ those two need to GET A ROOM!

by Anonymousreply 205April 10, 2023 9:33 PM

Fritz and Rune playing dubs together this week. ???

by Anonymousreply 206April 10, 2023 11:25 PM

Taylooor Friiiiiiiiiiiitz.

by Anonymousreply 207April 11, 2023 12:02 AM

R204, I love, love Rublev

by Anonymousreply 208April 11, 2023 1:16 AM

Wublev.

by Anonymousreply 209April 11, 2023 1:26 AM

Did Bencic fire Tursonov? It seems like he will work with half of the WTA top 50 by next year.

by Anonymousreply 210April 11, 2023 1:52 AM

yes after Miami

the announcers confirmed it when he wasn't with her in Charleston

by Anonymousreply 211April 11, 2023 2:48 AM

[quote] It seems like he will work with half of the WTA top 50 by next year.

And that’s the closest half of the WTA will get to being with a man!

by Anonymousreply 212April 11, 2023 4:23 AM

"Tiafoe withdrew from MC."

Can't say I blame him. Played until almost 9 pm last night (his fourth match in two days), plus post tournament ceremony, press, and glad handling. Fly out Monday morning, lose 6-7 hours going forward, get into MC Monday evening at the earliest, and was scheduled to play Tuesday, with no day of practice on the MC courts. Sucks because MC is such an incredible location and of course it's a Masters 1000. But I'd think this is probably for the best. He can fully recover and be ready for his next scheduled European clay court tourney.

by Anonymousreply 213April 11, 2023 5:13 AM

Grigor and Mopsy split sets going to a 3rd

by Anonymousreply 214April 11, 2023 10:37 AM

Welcome back, Noah Rubin. I understand he had some sort of vague "opportunity" to return to the tour, to give it a final push. He is still connected to pickleball in some form. I thought he might also be coaching a junior.

Sorry for my very sketchy reporting, DL bros, but you've got the gist.

Oh, yeah, looks like one of my ATP boyfriends, Mmoh, will also return. His social media is promoting some service whereby fans can "invest" in him. I dunno about investing in him. I like him, sure, but I've watched his game implode so many times.

by Anonymousreply 215April 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Watching The UGOAT trying to serve out a set/match is an utter horror show.

He just blew 4 match points against Sonego. Lost the second set in exactly the same way. It's a car crash in slow motion. I can't watch anymore!

by Anonymousreply 216April 11, 2023 12:01 PM

Boobs Out!

by Anonymousreply 217April 11, 2023 4:02 PM

One year of Shapo Shelter. One of the few smart things Shapo has done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 11, 2023 7:13 PM

Flashback: Roger Federer, sees himself crack the top 50 for the first time. It's a loooong way to the Met Ball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 11, 2023 8:50 PM

@ R218

That's sweet and he's hawt.

by Anonymousreply 220April 11, 2023 9:17 PM

Fed's one of the few guys who have pulled off "Reverse older lesbian" - the looks LESS like an older lesbian as he gets older.

by Anonymousreply 221April 11, 2023 9:20 PM

bye Jack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 11, 2023 9:28 PM

bye Mopsy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 11, 2023 9:30 PM

Vandy Zandy Team or Cute Casper Team?

Lil Diego Team or Il Gingio Team?

Med Team or Sonego Team?

Domicakes Team or Legz Team?

RBA Team or Sascha Team?

Daddy Team or Stanimal Team?

by Anonymousreply 224April 11, 2023 9:46 PM

Ruud team

Lil Diego team or Il Gingio team. I like them both.

Sonego team.

Thiem team/Domicakes team (though I like both from an eye-candy perspective - Thiem for ass and the Brat for legs or “legz”).

RBA team

Stan team/Wawrinka team (From the eye-candy perspective Daddy Fritz is indeed cute, but even an aged Stan has a much superior ass.)

Thanks so very much for asking!

by Anonymousreply 225April 11, 2023 9:57 PM

Sorry , but an aged old Stan is better looking than your Daddy,Paul or Shapo. He looks very as 38 years old man. And he has the best smile of all ATP.

by Anonymousreply 226April 11, 2023 10:18 PM

Acne contest:

Carlitos team or Stan team?

by Anonymousreply 227April 11, 2023 10:22 PM

Acne doesn't matter. Carlitos without acne would be ugly too

by Anonymousreply 228April 11, 2023 10:24 PM

His acne may make him uglier though. While I don’t think he’s traditionally handsome, he’s cute. He has a big, toothy smile.

by Anonymousreply 229April 11, 2023 10:40 PM

Stan is not handsome. Pug-nosed and flat-faced and then there's the acne.

whatevs

by Anonymousreply 230April 11, 2023 10:43 PM

R230 I didn't say he is handsome. But her is attractive, especially when he smiles. Berettini is handsome but he does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 231April 11, 2023 10:50 PM

*he is attractive

by Anonymousreply 232April 11, 2023 10:51 PM

every pot has a lid

by Anonymousreply 233April 11, 2023 10:52 PM

I would take Stan over Taylor F any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 234April 11, 2023 11:09 PM

Stan's nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2023 11:10 PM

R235, that’s Jeremy Renner.

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2023 11:23 PM

236 No, it's Eartha Kits

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2023 11:25 PM

R236 No, it's Earth Kitt.

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2023 11:28 PM

Our favourite be-moled sexy Italian, Musetti, has just destroyed Nardi 6-0, 6-0. That makes 3 consecutive bagel sets as he did the same in the second set against Kecmanothicc in the previous round.

ThIS boy is ON FIRE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 12, 2023 11:41 AM

A couple of really important things I’m getting from the Thiem–Rune match:

1) the Mouratoglou leech seems to be back in Rune’s corner;

2) Rune’s very tight shorts seem to reveal the he’s smuggling a budgie in there — and I do mean a budgie, as opposed to anything even remotely sizeable.

by Anonymousreply 240April 12, 2023 3:08 PM

Fran Cerundolo - whose hiding an adolescent parakeet in his shorts - reels off 7 games on the trot to take the first set off Berrettini. Matteo is not 'appy!

by Anonymousreply 241April 12, 2023 4:17 PM

Daddy and Legz comfortably through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 12, 2023 4:57 PM

Berrettini is so sexy

by Anonymousreply 243April 12, 2023 4:57 PM

Hubie Team or Il Gingio Team?

Jarry Team or Titsy Team?

Novaxx Team or Musseyti Team?

Med Team or Sascha Team?

Daddy Team or Handsome Czech Team?

Lovely Matteo Team or Legz Team?

by Anonymousreply 244April 12, 2023 9:41 PM

Il Gingio team

Harry team

Musseteami

Medvedev team

Daddy Fritz team

Berretteami (but would be satisfied with the Brat for eye candy)

by Anonymousreply 245April 12, 2023 9:44 PM

Harri Heliovaara out of Finland has the strangest name. It's something out of Hogwarts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 12, 2023 9:49 PM

R244, I forgot to add: thanks so very much for asking!

by Anonymousreply 247April 12, 2023 9:53 PM

Daddy splits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 12, 2023 9:56 PM

It’s Mirka’s birthday. What did she feast on today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249April 13, 2023 12:18 AM

Mirka always seemed like she ran the show.

by Anonymousreply 250April 13, 2023 12:55 AM

R250, she did. There’s an old New York Magazine article about Fed in which he talks about his relationship with Mirka—he said that early on he asked her to quit her career and manage his. (That’s the Swiss, hopeless romantics!)

by Anonymousreply 251April 13, 2023 1:23 AM

Daniil's interview at the TC desk after his win was hilarious and charming. At the beginning of each clay court match, he tries to talk himself into thinking he's going to like it and within ten minutes he is back to absolutely hating clay.

by Anonymousreply 252April 13, 2023 3:19 AM

Is he hard court specialist?

by Anonymousreply 253April 13, 2023 3:21 AM

Med jokingly calls himself a hard court specialist. He's said he hates clay many times. He used to also hate grass but says he has grown to like it somewhat. The crazy thing is, at least in the Sonego match, he stood further in than he normally does sometimes (he's often well behind the baseline), looked to move forward, and tried to end points fairly quickly for him. It's like he hates playing long clay court points. Which is odd because on hard courts he often likes to take an eternity to construct points. He likes to grind on hardcourts, but not on clay, even though it's usually easier to end the point quicker on hard courts, and grinding is more necessary on clay,

by Anonymousreply 254April 13, 2023 3:41 AM

when's the last time the men's game had a double bagel? It's so rare given that most guys can hold serve at least a few times in a match

Musetti has been in horrible form this year too so this score is quite unexpected

by Anonymousreply 255April 13, 2023 8:35 AM

OMG Scruff takes out Casper in straights

by Anonymousreply 256April 13, 2023 10:52 AM

LMFAO

Ruud is now 0-3 vs titleless journeyman STRUFF

by Anonymousreply 257April 13, 2023 10:53 AM

can't wait to see Ruud fall down the rankings

he was so lucky last year

way overranked with easy draws

he's good enough for top 20 really shouldn't be top 10

by Anonymousreply 258April 13, 2023 10:53 AM

Major BDE Energy from Struff!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 13, 2023 10:57 AM

AND Berettini is injured again :-(

by Anonymousreply 260April 13, 2023 11:09 AM

Third set for HURKACZ vs. Sinner. The Pole had Match points in the second.

by Anonymousreply 261April 13, 2023 11:13 AM

And Sinner has broken in the first game of the third set.

And "Vamos" is becoming universal, it seems

by Anonymousreply 262April 13, 2023 11:15 AM

Casper😭 What is going on with him? I'm so sad.

by Anonymousreply 263April 13, 2023 11:22 AM

Lorenzo, you can win this. FUCKING FOCUS, MAN!

by Anonymousreply 264April 13, 2023 3:15 PM

grrrr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 13, 2023 5:17 PM

Fuck Yeah Musetti!!

by Anonymousreply 266April 13, 2023 5:46 PM

FORZA LORENZO!

HE SLAYS THE BEAST!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 13, 2023 5:47 PM

Boob's out!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 268April 13, 2023 5:52 PM

I don't care who wins any of these tournaments, as long as it's not Joker. That's where I'm at with the ATP, in case you were wondering (you weren't).

by Anonymousreply 269April 13, 2023 5:55 PM

Djoko was never good in Monaco

by Anonymousreply 270April 13, 2023 5:56 PM

He's won it twice and reached the final four times, R270.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 13, 2023 5:59 PM

It is been 8 years since he won last time

by Anonymousreply 272April 13, 2023 6:10 PM

Hence the dust.

by Anonymousreply 273April 13, 2023 6:11 PM

Good win for Musetti. I guess the conditions were wet and cold. I'd think that would be an advantage to Djokovic since he can grind away on points. I'll have to watch the match tonight if they repeat it. Musetti must have played well.

by Anonymousreply 274April 13, 2023 6:13 PM

I think Casper broke up with his long-term girlfriend, Maria Galligani. Her IG is now private and there’s only one photo of her on his.

Maybe the break up is impacting his performance?

by Anonymousreply 275April 13, 2023 6:14 PM

It has been 8 years since he lost, jesus

by Anonymousreply 276April 13, 2023 6:15 PM

Maybe Casper's performance in bed impacted the break-up

by Anonymousreply 277April 13, 2023 6:21 PM

Musetti kept his nerve in the final game.

Boobsie's fake magnanimity at the net (you'd have thought he was grandpa giving the kid a hug for graduating college) was the best part of the match. He's trashing a Monte Carlo casino as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 278April 13, 2023 6:25 PM

I cannot post the right comment, seriously.

I hope Musetti wont shit the pants in front of Sinner

by Anonymousreply 279April 13, 2023 6:30 PM

Djokovic always looks so condescending at the net when he loses. Hes such an egotistical prick.

by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2023 6:33 PM

I'll never not be disgusted with how pathetic the other ATP guys were at this year's Australian Open. The way they just bent over for Djokovic over and over again was embarrassing and no matter how some in the press and commentary describe it, that wasn't even close to "peak Djokovic". He never ran into any of the guys who could have challenged him.

Musetti is a clay specialist and I'm not a huge fan but I'll take anyone over Djokovic. So well done. I hope Djokovic loses at every tournament he plays this year. We don't need him winning RG, Wimbledon or USO ever again. He's in his mid 30s. The younger guys should have been stepping up several years ago.

Hopefully Djokovic keeps drawing Musetti throughout the clay season. If he won't consistently beat him, maybe he'll tire him out for the next round

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2023 6:50 PM

I only hate two people on tour: Djokovic (because he's pro-Putin/Russia and an anti-vaxxing freak) and Rune (because he's a brat). There are others too that I don't like, for example those who have been accused of domestic violence, Kyrgios and Zverev. I will never root for these 4 players. It's also hard for me to root for players from gay hating countries, though most of the others are ok. But I disagree with Russian players being able to play (though I realize and respeect I'm in the minority on this issue).

by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2023 6:50 PM

Americans can play and jews , so russians could do as well, end of story

by Anonymousreply 283April 13, 2023 6:58 PM

Djokovic-Musetti match was atrocious. It's been a long long time since Nole played that bad and Musetti really put an effort on choking but fortunately Djokovic did the work for him.

It's good to remember that Musetti's year was pretty bad till this tournamnet but maybe it's some kind of clay resurrection, we'll see tomorrow against Sinner (who didn't have a good day neither, but it was able to win anyway)

Medvedev is praying to avoid Alcaraz the whole clay seson, playing kilometres behind the line will be lethal against someone so good at drop shots like Carlos

by Anonymousreply 284April 13, 2023 7:02 PM

Novak appears so fake in his congratulatory hugs at the net when he loses, and in his celebratory gestures when he wins . Nobody believes he is happy for Musetti. FAKE

by Anonymousreply 285April 13, 2023 7:16 PM

I don't really follow tennis. Who is number one in the world right now? Who would be considered the best of all time, statistically?

Is this the thread where we talk about pickleball?

by Anonymousreply 286April 13, 2023 8:16 PM

Oh, neverminded, I googled it. It's a guy named Djokovic. What a weird name and a weird country. It says he is champion number one for 381 weeks. Who is what player who can say same? It is Federwith his Rolex or Nadal with his phisio friendboy? How wood I know, I am crazy

by Anonymousreply 287April 13, 2023 8:40 PM

[quote] Who is number one in the world right now? Who would be considered the best of all time, statistically?

Novaxx and Rafa

[quote] Is this the thread where we talk about pickleball?

NO!

by Anonymousreply 288April 13, 2023 8:40 PM

Maybe you should have stopped at Becker, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 289April 13, 2023 8:44 PM

Is Zverev a deadbeat dad?

by Anonymousreply 290April 13, 2023 9:15 PM

Medvedev grinds it out over Zverev after a 3-hour marathon. Messy match rather than a thriller.

by Anonymousreply 291April 13, 2023 9:16 PM

Sascha is very good on clay. That's a good win for Med.

by Anonymousreply 292April 13, 2023 9:27 PM

balletic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293April 13, 2023 9:32 PM

Tense handshake between Daniil and Alexander at the net

by Anonymousreply 294April 13, 2023 9:39 PM

Sascha's gf was crying when he lost. Is she scared of what's going to happen back at the hotel?

by Anonymousreply 295April 13, 2023 9:39 PM

R294, Medvedev and his wife witnessed some sort of scene between Zverev and the girlfriend who accused him of abuse and I think they’ve been on bad terms ever since.

by Anonymousreply 296April 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Rublev Team or Scruff Team?

Daddy Team or Titsy Team?

Med Team or Legz Team?

Musseytti Team or Il Gingio Team?

by Anonymousreply 297April 13, 2023 10:19 PM

Rublev team I suppose. I’m not really boiling over for either.

Daddy Fritz team.

Medvedev team I suppose. Rune team only for the Brat eye candy

Il Gingio team, but I like Musetteami as well.

Thanks so very much for asking!

by Anonymousreply 298April 13, 2023 10:26 PM

I like Andrei a lot. He seems genuine and nice and sometimes handsome and maybe even gay.

by Anonymousreply 299April 13, 2023 10:29 PM

R296, were they friends ? Or is it something Medvedev witnessed accidentally? Why would Medvedev broadcast this to the world?

by Anonymousreply 300April 13, 2023 10:42 PM

R300, as I recall, the girlfriend spoke about this on Twitter or Instagram. She and Medvedev’s wife, Daria, were friends; the two couples had gone out to dinner together. Towards the end of the evening, Zverev started to become angry with her, the girlfriend, and when they went back to their hotel room he attacked her. Then—again, as I recall—Daria “liked” one of her posts, or did something that indicated endorsement or support, and Medvedev unfollowed Zverev. Medvedev has never spoken directly about this.

by Anonymousreply 301April 13, 2023 11:41 PM

I finally bookmarked this thread - it never shows up on my righthand list (of other threads I've posted in). Oh well, not trying to start anything. I'm obedient.

Good bunch in the QFs. So glad Djoko lost !!! Move on, grandpa. My teams:

Rublev because he's against the war. Never heard of the German.

Have a soft spot for Rune. Probably won't last long. But puppies can be fun.

Pretty Daddy Fritz omg please save American tennis (or Tiafoe - somebody??) Though anybody else against hottie Tsitsy and I'd be on his team. So just this once sweetheart...

Have a soft spot for Rune. Probably won't last long. But bratty puppies can be fun, if it doesn't get into McEnroe territory.

I think Musetti is cuuute but I know he was lazy in some team thing before the AO (I listen to Cam Williams commentaries on youtube - he really got on his ass for letting his side down, yada yada. Still - I watch for the eye candy so I'll go for him.)

by Anonymousreply 302April 14, 2023 5:53 AM

Sorry for the repetition. I'm too sleepy to be posting. Good night Gracie.

Thanks for keeping up the tennis thread!

by Anonymousreply 303April 14, 2023 5:54 AM

Rublev through in straight sets

by Anonymousreply 304April 14, 2023 10:53 AM

Titsy shitsys the bed.

Big win on clay for Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 305April 14, 2023 12:26 PM

And Rune just broke.

by Anonymousreply 306April 14, 2023 1:27 PM

Looks like Tsitsipas and Medvedev's tennis glory days are already behind them. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 307April 14, 2023 4:04 PM

Bye, Lore

The match wasn't pretty, but you are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 14, 2023 4:31 PM

R308 Constantly touching his cock, that boy,.Lorenzo. You would think he could afford to pay someone to do it for him by now!

by Anonymousreply 309April 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Sinner v. Rune should be good. I hope Il G wallops that whiny, bratty homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 310April 14, 2023 5:24 PM

Looking forward to precisely that, r310.

by Anonymousreply 311April 14, 2023 5:34 PM

Team Rublev and Team Sinner

by Anonymousreply 312April 14, 2023 5:44 PM

Rublev Team

Rune Team

by Anonymousreply 313April 14, 2023 5:50 PM

Go Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 314April 14, 2023 6:02 PM

He's whiny, not a homophobe, Mildred.

by Anonymousreply 315April 14, 2023 7:05 PM

Okay, Myrtle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316April 14, 2023 7:10 PM

Rublev was SO charming in his post match interview. He spoke of his love for Dmitrov. So I assume he's a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 317April 14, 2023 7:39 PM

Do we know what happened with our sweet innocent Tommy Paul? He's pulled out of a couple events now. I bet it's big titted alone slut related.

by Anonymousreply 318April 14, 2023 7:41 PM

He's injured.

by Anonymousreply 319April 14, 2023 7:59 PM

The big titted slut injured his cock!

by Anonymousreply 320April 14, 2023 8:40 PM

Daddy Team (though I like Rublev a lot)

Legz Team (though I like Il Gingio and think he is good for the game)

by Anonymousreply 321April 14, 2023 9:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 14, 2023 9:23 PM

I bet Margaret Court loves Holger.

by Anonymousreply 323April 14, 2023 9:24 PM

Oh, stop, r316. It's old news, he's apologized, and, if I remember correctly, he called himself the slur. I've done that while playing in my youth, many have, I'd bet. "Outsports.com" is a very gay organization with nothing but Mildreds and Myrtles. To be so thin-skinned does nobody any favors. It's like some kid tattling on another kid for some minor playground infraction.

Give him a break. He's shown himself more whiny than not, but, I'm wondering if even that phase will end sooner than later.

When I read someone on here calling him a homophobe, I immediately think that person is high maintenance, girlish and churlish.

by Anonymousreply 324April 14, 2023 11:19 PM

Oh, stop, r316. It's old news, he's apologized, and, if I remember correctly, he called himself the slur. I've done that while playing in my youth, many have, I'd bet. "Outsports.com" is a very gay organization with nothing but Mildreds and Myrtles. To be so thin-skinned does nobody any favors. It's like some kid tattling on another kid for some minor playground infraction.

Give him a break. He's shown himself more whiny than not, but, I'm wondering if even that phase will end sooner than later.

When I read someone on here calling him a homophobe, I immediately think that person is high maintenance, girlish and churlish.

by Anonymousreply 325April 14, 2023 11:19 PM

By the way, Outsports is run by a deplorable perhaps self-hating man. To me linking to it is like linking to Fox News or the New York Post.

by Anonymousreply 326April 14, 2023 11:42 PM

Whatever, R324/R325. Give Rune a pass then. It's not just the slurs directed at whomever. Ruud and Wawrinka must be wrong for taking issue with him too, then. Kyrgios supports him, though, so there's that. And Mouratoglou's in his corner. You're in good company.

by Anonymousreply 327April 14, 2023 11:52 PM

I want Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 328April 15, 2023 12:35 AM

Fritz beat Tsits and then fucked tits.

by Anonymousreply 329April 15, 2023 12:37 AM

Various ATP and WTA players incorporated into the Barbie movie marketingmeme. Are they apt or far from the truth?

by Anonymousreply 330April 15, 2023 4:31 AM

Forgot the link at R330.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 15, 2023 4:32 AM

@ R324

ITA. Some bishes must have been badly hurt at some point; forgiveness is beyond their means.

by Anonymousreply 332April 15, 2023 11:04 AM

R327, the players have issues with other players all the time. Look at an example from a few days ago with Zverev and Medvedev. I wouldn't be surprised if even that situation works itself out. Wawrinka had an issue, but he has had his own share of thin-skinned moments. A lot of this disdain comes from players who see their tennis lives flying by, and here comes this new kid like Rune or Alcaraz or whomever it might be, and when they lose, their forehand feathers fly. Players war with each other often, then share a beer and hit the practice courts with them at the next tournament.

I just think it does gays no good, or, you, yourself, to be so butt hurt and out for blood because a KID, who later apologized, and is making some nice attempts at maturity (and stumbling along the way) made a slur two years or more ago? You're that petty? Not every young player has the wonderful temperament of Alcaraz or Sinner, but they usually get there. I wouldn't be surprised during this very clay court season if Rune does something bratty (he's still cooking). Please don't rush to this site and bellow "homophobe" again. It's such a pussy reaction.

IF, however, Rune, measured and in a post-match interview, or, say, in a trendy magazine profile, uses the forum to denounce gays/gay marriage/calls us "stupid faggots"/anything similar, then, I will myself note how wrong my assessment of Rune was. Can't you just move on, enjoy the tennis, maybe even grow as a person and sometimes even root for him?

by Anonymousreply 333April 15, 2023 11:45 AM

This thread has been paywalled. New thread below. Thanks to OP of the new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334April 15, 2023 2:09 PM

Wow, R333, I'm breathing and I'm not dismissing Rune's talent. I think you're missing my point entirely. And it's ironic that in the course of appealing to equanimity and growth, you throw out "butt hurt" and "pussy". Expressing dislike for a player and giving the reasons is not indicative of either epithet. I'm gathering you're about twelve years old (or express yourself at that level). One of the main points of this thread is to chime in with which players we like and which we don't, and why. Of the top 100 players on the ATP, there are only about five I dislike. That's not being "out for blood". It's just a matter of preference. Rune is one of the five, and he's demonstrated plenty of bad behavior on the court to get there. So no, I won't root for him. Why should I? There are lots of great players who aren't brats. I'll root for them instead.

by Anonymousreply 335April 15, 2023 4:05 PM

Rublev's regular running his fingers through his hair when being interviewed is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 336April 15, 2023 4:50 PM

^ yes -- and he's charming in interviews

Legz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 15, 2023 6:07 PM

Legz!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338April 15, 2023 9:23 PM

Andrei Team or Legz Team?

I think Legz will win, but I wouldn't mind seeing Andrei win.

by Anonymousreply 339April 15, 2023 9:40 PM

Ruby Team 'til I'm. blue in the face.

The Brat needs slapping down. He's not a 'personality' or 'bad-ass'. His whole schtick is copied off other players - the shhh-ing the crowd, the finger to the ear. The only thing original about him is the constant goblin-like shit-eating grin. He's repellant and massively slappable.

by Anonymousreply 340April 16, 2023 10:21 AM

Congrats to Ruby on his first Masters 1000 title!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 16, 2023 9:09 PM

So happy for Rublev, finally

Hope more wins for him this year

by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2023 9:29 PM

Not sure if Rublev has the game to win a Slam or many more Masters, but he gets to alway say he's a Master's winner.

Thrilled for him and the fact he didn't give up in the third set.

by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2023 9:46 PM

Mopsy def Mackie in Barcelona

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344April 17, 2023 8:59 PM

Del Potro doin' some grooming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 20, 2023 7:01 AM

Tsitsipass moves like a robot

by Anonymousreply 346April 20, 2023 11:32 AM

Sheshepass

by Anonymousreply 347April 20, 2023 11:32 AM

Blandly handsome Aussie, Chris O'Connell, takes down Psycho Abuser, Zverev, in Munich>

Gesundheit, Herr O'Connell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348April 20, 2023 1:13 PM

R346, is he a Tsitsybot?

by Anonymousreply 349April 20, 2023 2:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!