Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Deputy Mayor Eileen Ashby

She had a hot Filofax but she couldn't live forever.

Oh, well. Swim with the sharks, sleep with the fishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 6, 2023 11:21 PM

Previous thread, now paywalled:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2023 8:15 PM

At first they made it seem like Victor was working with someone, but now it looks like he's the mastermind - leaving a trail of dead bodies behind him and even doing the dirty work himself like sending Eileen down the river even though he had a paid goon right behind him

Also wanted to commend the actors on yesterday's tribute. Most of the actors on the show have a very limited range and usually just do the bare minimum. But you could tell yesterday that they were genuinely mourning the loss of a friend.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2023 8:26 PM

I don't care what nonsensical way the writers do it, but they need to find a way for Victor to get away with his crime. I don't want Charles Shaughnessy to leave.

Same goes for Cyrus, they need to find some technicality to get him out of prison on. The quarterly prison phone call with him is not sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2023 9:42 AM

Is Victor setting up an Eterna 2.0? He keeps hinting about wanting to save those closest and most important to him from the coming "event," but what does that entail, exactly? I can only imagine some kind of super bunker to protect from the extreme (weather?) event. The catacombs, maybe? Lucky and Sly may need to come back to help navigate that. :)

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2023 12:48 AM

Easter Bunny? You in danger, gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2023 4:44 AM

80% of GH actors are either wooden or terrible actors. It is hard to watch all the shitty actors like Nik Chavez. Repulsive latinx.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2023 5:04 AM

I was surprised that Sonny showed up in that story. I thought Maurice didn't like the spy/sci fi stories on GH.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2023 5:18 AM

[quote]I don't care what nonsensical way the writers do it, but they need to find a way for Victor to get away with his crime. I don't want Charles Shaughnessy to leave. Same goes for Cyrus, they need to find some technicality to get him out of prison on. The quarterly prison phone call with him is not sufficient.

At some point Uncle Sonny and Uncle Cyrus will probably team up to square off against Uncle Victor to wrest poor young Spencer from evil Uncle Vic's clutches. Enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2023 5:38 AM

The Carly-Bobbie-Josslyn troika looked like something that fell off of the giant Christmas tree at Wyndham's.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2023 8:07 PM

I love you, GH, but red carpet episodes are not your forte.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2023 11:43 PM

Constance Towers, 89, has taped a scene for an upcoming episode.

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2023 12:11 AM

Carly's unflattering frock can be had at Saks for only $595. Bobbie's is at Macy's for $289 ( a steal for a nurse and former streetwalker).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2023 8:21 AM

These whores all dress like the fucking junk pile from Solid Gold. When Solid Gold first aired.

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2023 9:28 AM

Whose idea was it to put the cute young girls (Trina, Joss, etc.) in baggy, Easter egg colored pantsuits for their number?

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2023 5:33 PM

Carly's.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2023 7:40 PM

So, they just totally invented this supposedly former DA now turned singer, or was she on the show when I wasn't watching?

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2023 8:06 PM

The more Spencer and Dex fight, the more I suspect Dex will turn out to be Courtney's son. Lucky/Nik 2.0. Or am I giving the writers too much credit?

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2023 8:12 PM

Miss Valentini really fucked this ball up.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2023 8:32 PM

The hatred I have for Spence on GH and Stafford on YnR is giving me a fucking ulcer.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2023 8:36 PM

They should have had Dawn Dishwashing Liquid sponsor the Ball and then used it to wash oily Linc. Like they use Dawn to wash the birds caught in oil spills.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2023 8:41 PM

Today's (very talented) singer wasn't a show character, but the show wisely brought on a professional singer. They should do that a lot more of that for future NBs

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2023 10:35 PM

From your descriptions, I'm tempted to watch. Am I losing it?

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2023 10:44 PM

There was a part during Joss and Trina's number yesterday where Joss was still mouthing the words even though it was Trina's turn to solo., lol.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2023 10:49 PM

It was an improved Nurse's Ball. No magic Milo? They kept hinting at it.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2023 10:55 PM

I pray to Jebus that the Scooby Doo duo of Valentine and Ava get shot to death by Victor today. Their Scooby antics are fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2023 11:09 PM

Can someone shoot Joss? Please?

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2023 12:49 AM

R26

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2023 12:57 AM

OMFG did you all catch the two horrid child actors today? The magician boy almost made me burst out of total revulsion and disgust. Why are all kids 100% autistic these days. No fucking emotion from these pukes.

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2023 1:07 AM

Well I for one thought they were adorably natural.

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2023 1:58 AM

You would. Probably have kittens in baskets all over your walls. Make me puke.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2023 2:04 AM

Whatever happened to Tad Martin Grey?

Is MEK ill? He looked quite thin last time we saw him. Good but thin.

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2023 11:23 AM

He's not thin, but his episode guarantee is.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2023 11:28 AM

What does the llama do exactly? Shoot ping pong balls out its bum? Spit at non-donators? Hand out gift bag sweater vests?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 7, 2023 5:10 PM

The "acting" from all involved and the writing/characterization for this shit show has never been worse. On every episode it is a contest for what character I will hate most or more every time they fucking speak.

by Anonymousreply 34April 7, 2023 8:46 PM

Terrible way to celebrate 60 years. The Nurse’s ball is a big DUD this year.

by Anonymousreply 35April 7, 2023 9:15 PM

Can the llama account for its whereabouts when Dr. O was abducted?

by Anonymousreply 36April 7, 2023 9:21 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually put a GPS tracker into expensive jewelry when it's out on loan?

by Anonymousreply 37April 7, 2023 9:53 PM

R37, this is what strikes you as unrealistic?

by Anonymousreply 38April 7, 2023 9:54 PM

No. R38, Bobbie's face wins the prize for that.

by Anonymousreply 39April 7, 2023 9:58 PM

R38 Eggsacly. LOL. There are a million things wrong with this fucking shit show and that is what she chooses.

by Anonymousreply 40April 7, 2023 9:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2023 11:32 PM

Mo has a new website he's aggressively promoting. He's merching apparel. Won't everyone please go over to his site and buy some shirts and other crap to put more money in his pockets.

GH actors seem to be a greedy lot. Incessant paid zooms and personal dinners, $50 per month fan club fees (NLC), cooking lessons (Kathleen), baseball caps with their name (Kathleen), their own knock-off version of Cameo (Kathleen), Zoomtini cocktails (NLG organizes these cocktail hours herself and eliminates the middleman), pizza with fired actors (Marcus), I could go on and on ...

Do actors from other soaps constantly peddle events and tchotchkes to make a buck? GH actors seem excessive with their money grabs dating back to Burton and his miracle juice. Burton also used to peddle his now gone rogue wife's fitness program and healthy recipes for a hefty sum.

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2023 12:17 AM

Mo can do no wrong. I’ll buy his merch.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2023 12:27 AM

Days actors r42

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2023 12:37 AM

Half of the audience disappeared for todays episode. What was up with that? And could they not afford extras? This was probably the worst NB in history. The Bobbie flashbacks were nice though.

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2023 12:55 AM

Charles Shaughnessy off contract.

Sorry to hear this, I really liked him in the role.

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2023 12:58 AM

Victor must have kidnapped Liesl to take care of the baby? Or he has Nikolas on life support and she will take care of him? It really is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2023 1:14 AM

[quote]Victor must have kidnapped Liesl to take care of the baby? Or he has Nikolas on life support and she will take care of him? It really is stupid.

My initial take was that it was either because she was the love of his life (at one point she even implied that Nathan was his son, but that was dropped) or because of her status as sole bone marrow donor to Willow, she could be leveraged for something in return from the Quartermaines and other interested parties. Anybody can take care of a baby, but the Nikolas angle is intriguing, though; I always thought the angle for taking him was to auction him off to the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2023 2:00 AM

If I’m gonna pay $50 per month to Chavez, he’d better present hole.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2023 2:01 AM

Oh I didn't know about their love affair - missed that. I couldn't figure out the bone marrow thing though and you are most likely right. Does Valentin have shares in Q stock or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2023 2:41 AM

okay, overall, i thought this was a lackluster ball all things considered.

Was hoping Josh Swickard would steal the show again.

The Magic Wands - well Dex can dance. And WTF did Josh Kelly do to his body? that guy is JACKED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2023 3:00 AM

Aside from the slightly too aggressive spray tan, Josh Kelly looked amazing all week. They finally found the right haircut for him.

by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2023 8:03 AM

Due to the start-and-stop nature of GH’s storytelling, is anyone else afraid that we’re gonna go 3 months without seeing Victor, Spencer, Liesl, and Ace?

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2023 12:21 PM

How can you have Josh Swickard on your payroll and not use him as a Magic Wand?

Loved Uri and his hairy and beefy body.

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2023 1:33 PM

With the two randos as Magic Wands I was thinking about who in the cast said no—Swickard, Turner, probably John J. York since they were hinting about Mac doing it.

Next year they need to pony up for higher quality underpants; those saggy Hanes did no one’s ass any favors (particularly Hofer’s).

by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2023 3:28 PM

Victor was finally getting interesting and suddenly CS is off contract. Supposedly Victor kidnaps a few other people. Curious when they’ll finally bring Nik back.

I can’t believe this NB was for the anniversary. At least Maxie was dressed in Liza Minnelli cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2023 7:06 PM

Now that they've moved Victor into supervillain category, they can't have him on the show on a regular basis. He'll probably be back now and then for future stories

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2023 7:15 PM

Yuri and his big beefy body and Cody and his abs were the highlight of the Nurse's Ball 2023.

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2023 7:51 PM

Couldn't Victor pull an Esme and fall off a building and get somehow redeemed? I freaking love Mr Sheffield.

by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2023 8:01 PM

Fun fact: Yuri is actually a college football player, USC Trojans, #69!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2023 8:26 PM

And he was a tight end. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2023 8:44 PM

Is Yuri single or is he still seeing Dr. Terry?

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2023 8:50 PM

Wasn't Jane Elliot supposed to return? They did show a clip of Tracy on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2023 9:00 PM

Apparently Tracy’s return date is April 18.

by Anonymousreply 64April 9, 2023 8:25 AM

This was a fun 10 minute time-waster. Ron and Frank really did a great job revitalizing this show for the 50th. Everyone looks pretty great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 9, 2023 8:46 AM

What fucking show are you watching? GH has been garbage for years. Nonsensical bullshit stories and couples that go nowhere for fucking years is NOT a good show. The N'sB was the biggest fucking shitshow ever.

by Anonymousreply 66April 9, 2023 10:15 AM

Who are you addressing R66 ? Besides yourself?

by Anonymousreply 67April 9, 2023 10:28 AM

I'm addressing the fucking turd who thinks this show is the bee's knees. It is so fucking not.

by Anonymousreply 68April 9, 2023 10:31 AM

The Nurses Ball has ALWAYS been cringe-worthy. I feel sorry for the actors doing it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 9, 2023 10:39 AM

Instead of forcing LW and CM on talk news shows to promote their terrible pairing they should be promoting the original mission of the ball and pairing up with AIDS charities or something.

by Anonymousreply 70April 9, 2023 4:14 PM

Did they use Emma for Epiphany's funeral but not the NB? Or did I miss her in the crowd?

by Anonymousreply 71April 9, 2023 4:34 PM

I wonder if the recording that Helena made is still in the video player at the Haunted Star. Maybe Spencer will find it and play it, discovering what the idiots so foolishly refused to watch when they had it at Luke's memorial onboard the ship.

by Anonymousreply 72April 9, 2023 6:36 PM

I know the fans love the Nurse's Ball are are happy it was brought back, but... and this is just me, I don't think it fits with the show any longer. They should have left in the past.

by Anonymousreply 73April 9, 2023 6:39 PM

It's just not the same without Mr. Marbles.

by Anonymousreply 74April 9, 2023 6:44 PM

This year's ball sure didn't, R73.

Honestly, I think a lot of it is budget cuts.

Fewer acts, fewer attendees it seemed.

by Anonymousreply 75April 9, 2023 7:20 PM

Granted, we may yet see Peter and Julian again but I don't think so.

GH has a habit of if they show the body, the character doesn't come back.

We may never see Peter and Julian and poor Eileen again.

by Anonymousreply 76April 9, 2023 7:53 PM

Who is clamoring to see Peter again?

William DeVry should be brought back as another character a la Easton and Howarth. Is there a word to describe this phenomenon when a soap actor comes back as an entirely new and unrelated character in short period of time? Easton-itis? Howarth-itis? Do other soaps do this too?

by Anonymousreply 77April 9, 2023 8:07 PM

frankly, I'd rather see either back but I support others having their favorites.

it's been done, R77.

Quinn Redeker played Nick Reed, Nikki's dad; and came back years later as Rex Sterling AKA Brian Romalotti. I don't think he and Nikki had any scenes together as Nikki killed her dad.

GH broke the mold on this tho; both Sarah Brown and T. Braun back as new characters; Howarth, Easton, Monaco was Livvie on PC. After a few weeks, I'm into the new character tho this last time with Howarth has been a bust.

by Anonymousreply 78April 9, 2023 8:09 PM

^

neither, I meant

Especially Peter.

by Anonymousreply 79April 9, 2023 8:12 PM

Howarth and Easton are both playing duds. And Monaco has been deadweight for two decades.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2023 10:40 PM

[quote]William DeVry should be brought back as another character a la Easton and Howarth

If they were looking to rebuild the Jerome dynasty at all, especially with the speculation that it might be Olivia Jerome who's pulling the strings with Mason and Austin, they could bring him back as a long lost brother or cousin. Another potential Jerome out there is the baby that Kim had and kept hidden from Julian.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2023 11:43 PM

Does Austin know that Nicholas is alive? I feel like I'm missing something in that storyline.

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2023 11:49 PM

Bring back Anne Logan for goodness sake! Is she the world's oldest living virgin?

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2023 11:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2023 11:52 PM

R82 I don't know his name but maybe Mason called the faceless girl and said that they had Nik on life support. It will be 5 years before they resolve it on this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2023 12:11 AM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2023 12:28 AM

R84, Laura's faced down a lot of villains over the years -- Bobbie Spencer, Frank Smith, Helena Cassadine, Stavros -- but she feared no one quite like Judge Stallman.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2023 1:22 AM

Spencer was completely in the right for calling out Dex for drinking on the job. And Joss is every bit as much a hypocritical cooze as her mom.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2023 3:17 AM

As soon as Brooke Bundy showed up in that episode at R84 , all I could hear was "ándale, Kristen! ándale!" from Nightmare on Elm Street 3. Diana Taylor deserved to be murdered.

Genie was radiant, and Kin was hot.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2023 10:06 AM

My friend Dave fucked Kin Shriner in the ass. True story. Kin is a hairy guy and his ass was covered in furrrrrrr.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2023 11:13 AM

R82 Maybe it’s another case of not checking the pulse.

by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2023 4:00 PM

I think Austin knows Nik is alive. He probably cut some kind of deal with Nik before he went unconscious. Would be an interesting arc if Ava falls for good old boy Austin and then finds out he doubled crossed her and had Nik the whole time. They need to turn Austin bad if there's any hope of the character surviving. RoHo's clown shtick is long past its expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2023 4:15 PM

I suspect that might be true, R92. Austin supposedly went to check on him right after Ava did the deed, so it makes no sense that a doctor wouldn't check the vitals himself instead of only relying on Ava's word that she found no pulse. Doctors just don't work that way, and I'm not sure why Ava isn't calling him out on that.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2023 6:09 PM

I respect when an actor wants out, and JPS clearly wants out with that garbage melodrama performance today. Bye Lady Val.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2023 6:32 PM

Since when is the Haunted Star seaworthy? I thought the whole reason they turned it into a dockside nightclub is because it was too expensive to rebuild the engine and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 95April 11, 2023 6:03 AM

I want a murder mystery weekend featuring The Floating Rib.

by Anonymousreply 96April 11, 2023 12:53 PM

Alas...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 11, 2023 12:56 PM

Sputtering Mo can't even properly read his cue cards.

What is it going to take for this egomaniac to retire?

That 80-year-old mustachioed guy on Y&R is a least smooth in his cue card reading.

I know we have actors here, doesn't Mo's sputtering throw the other actors off especially the younger, less experienced ones?

by Anonymousreply 98April 11, 2023 1:04 PM

Diane repeating to Sonny what her client Ambrose just told her is a violation of attorney client privilege and possible grounds for disbarment.

by Anonymousreply 99April 11, 2023 10:50 PM

That creepy Icky Vicky Fuckton from SON is here. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 100April 12, 2023 12:22 AM

I fucking hate Willow.

by Anonymousreply 101April 12, 2023 8:27 AM

We didn't see the conversation between Diane and the hunchman in custody. It was implied earlier that Diane was going to make him a deal so that he could get her quality legal representation.

One of her conditions was that she could release some infomation on their converstion so that later she could argue that he was cooperative and should get a lighter sentence.

by Anonymousreply 102April 12, 2023 12:35 PM

Chase needs to go back on the force.

Willow needs to push him out of the way and take a bullet for him.

She can live. Then, fans will love her more.

by Anonymousreply 103April 12, 2023 5:05 PM

Yes, Willow! Take that bullet! I promise to love you more! And forever!

by Anonymousreply 104April 12, 2023 5:22 PM

Crying is not JPS' strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 105April 13, 2023 1:56 AM

JPS is generally terrible. THIS is the guy that had HELENA CASSADINE terrified? GMAB.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2023 1:58 AM

Has Frank caught Chavez rubbing one out in his dressing room lately?

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2023 2:08 AM

Sorry I went into a fugue state after this happened

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2023 2:48 AM

that boy is going to turn into the Incredible Hulk.

MASSIVE chest.

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2023 5:38 AM

Ugh! That creepy old Icky Vicky Fuckton is jerking off looking at Mr. Nick Chavez. Between Pervsudz and that creepy Icky Vicky, SON has a bunch of pervs there. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2023 7:52 AM

Uncle Frank must've put some weights in the guest house for NAC.

His increasing size makes his pairing with the diminutive actress playing Trina look even more ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2023 9:09 AM

Sprina is an awful pairing.

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2023 10:41 AM

[quote]Sprina is an awful pairing.

I'm baffled by this pairing and its extreme popularity. They don't have chemistry no matter how precious NAC acts around her. The proclamations of them being a super couple and she is the new GH heroine are bizarre.

She's too short and her combo baby voice and raspy Rachael Ray voice is annoying. I've read crazed fans comparing her to tiny Susan Lucci with all her tall husbands. She's. Not. Susan. Lucci.

by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2023 11:51 AM

I totally get the Sprina appeal—especially to GH’s disproportionately black audience, which is embracing a young black heroine. I think both performers are good—she’s gotten looser and has a quirky energy. And they do have a ton of chemistry, even if it’s a struggle for the DP to fit them in the frame together.

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2023 3:27 PM

She is indeed a bit quirky. Check her imdb reel; she has some standup and it's cute.

And she does have the raspy rachael raye voice; and she's tiny.

And she's not a leading actress. I've grown to like hr more than her predecessor who was a little too 'Dee' from What's Happening.

Here's the problem if you don't like Sprina.

You're racist.

If you think she's miscast or if he fawns on her like a polite grandson and you don't see traditional supercouple passion it can't be for any other reason than you're racist.

At least that's what my fellow GH watchers tell me. I say you mean I can't find her miscast? or just that there's no chemistry?

Nope. The only answer is that I'm racist.

I do think that female viewers are able to superimpose them onto Trina's being a bit bland at times. They imagine they're Trina. If she were more dynamic, they couldn't do that as easily.

But what do I know because, well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2023 3:56 PM

Trina’s voice is nails on a chalkboard irritating. She is instantly FF material.

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2023 4:00 PM

I like Sprina but feels like worked better with the last/better Trina.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2023 4:17 PM

I'm an equal opportunity trasher of miscasts and the Trina actress gets no free passes from me regardless of what her fan base accuses me of. I trashed miscast Coloma and I currently also trash miscast game show host Cameron Mathison.

While we are on the subject, smiley Molly and her bubbly little girl voice and lack of acting depth needs to be recast or die in childbirth or something, just get rid of her. Recast with someone who looks, speaks and acts like a lawyer or like I said, off her. Her death would actually give NLG something to do besides her snooze fest relationship with Gonzo Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2023 4:20 PM

Nik and Drew are some bad recent recasts. Don’t get why we needed Drew back?! Let’s get a good Nikolas and start writing him correctly.

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2023 4:26 PM

Sprina doesn't bother me, but I do think that the actress is miscast and I agree about the lack of chemistry, but if people are getting off on them, then more power to them.

Overall GH confuses me. The acting is great, but the show is a jumbled mess.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2023 4:48 PM

Viktor watching his hunky great nephew get dressed after the lad’s “shower” was hilarious. Why didn’t Spencer just overpower the eldergay?

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2023 8:04 PM

I think Charles Shaughnessy is over it. He pronounced "Mikkos" two different ways in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2023 8:09 PM

Anybody care to speculate on the "highly selective" nature of the pathogen?

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2023 8:23 PM

R123, it only affects bad actors. John York will be the first victim.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2023 8:27 PM

Ya'll are racist!

Seriously, you're not. Well, maybe some of you are but the point is viewers can be non-racist AND Trina can be miscast.

Mathison is also miscast; ABC wanted him back and Drew was open. Would have been smarter to wedge good guy Ryan into the show. He knows Anna after all (I think); and they could play up his last name being Lavery and if there's a connection with Duke.

Poor Coloma; he actually got better for a day or so after he got the news. What IS that? Where axed actors suddenly shine?

He would be fine in another role on another show. Tyler is a tough act to follow.

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2023 9:10 PM

Why couldn't Mathison have been Steven Lars? Or a Jax recast?

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2023 9:16 PM

Brook Kerr is gorgeous but I’m not impressed by her acting. I thought she was particularly bad today.

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2023 9:46 PM

Brook Kerr really carried the show the week of Portia’s wedding to Curtis. She was excellent. She seems a little lost this week.

I personally like Sprina and think Tabyana Ali is a great recast. I enjoy her more than the last Trina. Current Sprina comes across as more adult and mature. I think the last Trina had chemistry with NAC but she also had weird acting tics that made her look childish. She became very abrasive in scenes. EMc also plays every scene abrasive. She also has yet to have chemistry with any male costar. Pretty sure she’s fucking the Dex actor IRL but they have yet to find chemistry with one another onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2023 10:27 PM

Is Chad on a bender after knocking up his girlfriend IRL? He looks rough.

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2023 8:21 AM

R108 A hot body on a low life skidmark/terrible actor/horrible repulsive obnoxious fucker. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 130April 14, 2023 8:35 AM

R99 Oh, Diana crossed that bridge years ago.

I ain't mad at this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 14, 2023 11:04 AM

OR this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 14, 2023 11:05 AM

My bad, I didn't see those had already been posted. Also, I meant Diane.

by Anonymousreply 133April 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Chavez fill fade into oblivion when he bolts GH.

by Anonymousreply 134April 14, 2023 11:15 AM

R134 = Jex Fan

by Anonymousreply 135April 14, 2023 2:04 PM

Omg, Maxie

by Anonymousreply 136April 14, 2023 6:16 PM

Maxie's hair almost won the day, until I saw Alexis' new face.

by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2023 6:24 PM

Alexis' face looked OK to me, maybe a little sharper near the chin/jawline? Sam obviously had her lips re-inflated, though. Maxie's hair looks like she lost a bet, wtf was she thinking. It screams cheap drug store DIY job, so flat and monotone, and the darkened eyebrows were the cherry on the shit sundae.

by Anonymousreply 138April 14, 2023 9:35 PM

Who did Genie piss off in the wardrobe department? That black and white shirt screams 1980s grandma.

by Anonymousreply 139April 14, 2023 9:39 PM

They always try to hide how FAT Genie is. They always put her in “slimming” black.

by Anonymousreply 140April 14, 2023 9:41 PM

[quote]Who did Genie piss off in the wardrobe department? That black and white shirt screams 1980s grandma.

Lane Bryant outlet had a clearance sale!

by Anonymousreply 141April 14, 2023 9:53 PM

Kelly Monaco looks like shit. The huge lips, the gaunt cheeks, the dead eyes… terrible. And is Kirsten Storms trying to distract from her obesity with that terrible dye job?

by Anonymousreply 142April 14, 2023 11:39 PM

NLG looking like Catherine O’Hara at the end of For Your Consideration.

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2023 12:08 AM

I feel like Kathleen Gati was rubbing up against NAC as much as possible while he was holding her at knifepoint.

by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2023 12:24 AM

Oh dear! Nicholas Alexander Chavez has blocked ugly soap queen Alan Sarapa on twitter. Probably because Alan is homely and you can’t understand a word he says. lol In typical homely Alan fashion, everytime a soap star blocks him, he does 250 tweets saying ‘I don’t care’ ‘It doesn’t bother ma’ ‘I’m chuckling over being blocked’. Dude - if you have to tweet 250 times that you don’t care that NAC blocked you - you care. Idiot Sarapa.

by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2023 1:07 AM

Wardrobe must be mad at Liesl, too, because they fucked up the continuity on her outfits. The first time we saw her on the Haunted Star she was wearing the same black and white sequined gown she had on at the NB, but the next time she had on a dark red lacy dress!

by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2023 8:23 AM

What happened to Trina's purse?

by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2023 8:30 AM

R144, wouldn't you?

by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2023 9:36 PM

Just in case anyone's wondering about the timeline in regards to a potential striking for the writers, if a deal isn't reached by April 30th, they're set to began striking on May 1st. How that can possibly affect GH will be shown onscreen towards the ending of June, beginning of July, if temp writers have to take over for Chris and Dan. However, there is the possibility of Frank taking on headwriters duties himself lol instead of just rewriting as he is known to do, or at least still having his hands in whatever the temp writers might come up with.

by Anonymousreply 149April 16, 2023 10:01 AM

Gay Gary Tomlin will take over scab writing duties. He’s directing at GH and has been a scab before.

by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2023 10:12 AM

The last striking of writers occurred from Nov. 5th, 2007-Feb.12th, 2008 while Guza was headwriting. Garin Wolf stepped in as temp headwriter, and his material aired from Jan. 4th, 2008-March 14th, 2008 if anyone's interested in comparing the differences between the two writing styles. There was also a clip on the news the other day from the writers striking back then, with Tyler Christopher out there right along with them. Another actor who wasn't happy with the striking was Sarah Brown; Guza had different plans for Claudia when Phelps brought her back, however when Garin took over, he rearranged storylines, resulting in Claudia sleeping with Sonny practically right away, which, according to Sarah, wasn't what Guza intended. Garin seemed to want to recreate the chemistry between Maurice and Sarah asap lol

by Anonymousreply 151April 16, 2023 10:14 AM

R150 That's so true lol he was brought back to hw OLTL during the last striking by Frons/Frank lol and yes he's right there at GH now so that's a high possibility. Excellent observation 😆

by Anonymousreply 152April 16, 2023 10:20 AM

There are enough soap writers who went Fi-Core in 2007-2008, they can easily bring some of them on as temp writers during a strike and even give them on-screen credit.

As I recall, Garin Wolf was one of the ones tho went fi-core. So did Dena Higley. And Gary Tomlin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 16, 2023 11:06 AM

Maybe Josh Griffith will write all 4 soaps. He loves the power these days.

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2023 12:11 PM

^And Griffith is a scab writer.

by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2023 12:12 PM

No offense, but maybe scab writers will actually make General Hospital make some sense and bring some cohesion to the storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2023 2:19 PM

R157 Lol I'm thinking the same thing. This show has been on a downward spiral storytelling wise for almost two years. There's usually a head writer switch every two years since Ron was fired however Chris/Dan are heading towards year four together

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2023 6:22 PM

*Correcting myself at R157 they're heading towards year five together, it'll be their four year anniversary as head writers together in October

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2023 6:25 PM

Lol at R157 I meant to reply to R156

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2023 6:45 PM

Overall, how are you guys feeling about the show lately? Personally it's not exactly in a good place imo the Epiphany episode was beautifully done as well as thoughtful, touching however I'm in agreement that watching the Nurses Ball was for the most part poorly executed and it did give off vibes of secondhand embarrassment. Between the Nurses Ball and Victor's plot to "take over the world" they both seem like outdated storylines that don't necessarily fit with today's times. Fiona Hutchison once said that soaps declined because they failed to grow and change with their audiences and I feel that she wasn't wrong, for the remaining four are constantly recycling and reusing outdated plots and storylines that don't necessarily reflect modern society. There should be some sort of balance where you're not completely alienating older viewers yet you're still able to modernize storytelling and attract newer viewers as well. The 60th anniversary, along with Y&R's 50th, should've been more interesting than what both of them had to offer.

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2023 6:56 PM

The Nurses Ball really was embarrassing, especially the red carpet episode. I hope they decide to retire it.

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2023 7:01 PM

[quote]they both seem like outdated storylines that don't necessarily fit with today's times.

My biggest overall complaint is the nod to the 80s stories with 60 and 70 year olds trying to recreate their glory days on 1/3 of the budget they had in the 80s when these stories were originally popular. The shows need to write for the reality of the times as it relates to budgets. GH's biggest problem is they've decided to take the 80s era, the mob era, and the hospital era and mesh into one big incoherent mess.

by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2023 7:36 PM

Kristen speaks positively of Chad and said they are friends. Only negative thing she said was that when she was living with him he didn't like her family from Philly coming to visit so often.

She wants to come back to GH and has come close a couple of times but the deals/plans have fallen apart at the last minute. Frank should make her Austin's long-lost daughter who fights with Ava. She said Frank was an INTERN at OLTL when she first was hired there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 16, 2023 8:49 PM

Frank was hardly an intern when slut Kristen started there!! She’s full of shit. Yes, he started as an intern in 1985 but moved into a paying job soonafter. Kristen, Kristen, Kristen. Lying again. Dumb slut.

by Anonymousreply 164April 16, 2023 9:35 PM

R161 I don't think they are lol I think it's here to stay

by Anonymousreply 165April 16, 2023 10:08 PM

R162 Are you inside my head 😆 I've thought those same things off and on.

by Anonymousreply 166April 16, 2023 10:11 PM

R163 She speaks more than positively of Chad 🍆 😆

As for her coming back, Frank was upset about her quitting when they had to recast KiKi, and he has never really quite seemed to get over that. If he really wanted to bring her back he would have by now, as much as she's been angling to return. He's refused to let others come back as well.

by Anonymousreply 167April 16, 2023 10:15 PM

KA needs to never act again. And I don’t blame Chad - every photo they had together included her ugly mom and that outdated Farrah Fawcett hairdo.

Any any temp writers would be better than Chris and Dan but we all know the bigger issue is Frank. The Ice Princess story isn’t terrible so far. I like that they’ve focused on a new generation with Spencer and Trina as the leads but Nik should be around for it as well. Liz, Laura and Taggert, whose absence is glaring, should have roles in it as well. And it’s insane how far removed Alexis is from anything Cassadine. She’s only used as a prop for Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 168April 16, 2023 10:28 PM

R168 Oh wow 😆 😆 I don't know what happened to her, she was pretty good as a child actor playing Starr, however once she hit her teens on OLTL and then as Starr and KiKi on GH, it was pretty bad. Some have said that Frank's responsible for her bad acting lol

Didn't she cheat on Chad too, then tried to go back to him? Not ugly with an outdated Farrah Fawcett hairdo 😆 😆

Frank definitely micromanages the writers and rewrites several of their ideas, so having temp writers might not make too much of a difference, however I think it would be interesting to see then try to write something other than Chris & Dan's take, although Frank's heavy involvement could be why they're so bad, for they were doing pretty well from October 2019 (when they first started together) until around October/November 2021. Frank seemed like he was going through COVID blues up until the end of 2021/early 2022 so that could've prevented him from interfering so much (I've noticed that's when we didn't have Nurses Balls either, 2021 and 2022, and the one in 2020 was in August)

Nancy Lee Grahn refuses to do any Cassadine stories lol so you'd be hard pressed to see her in one. I think the last one she agreed to do was the one about her mother, with the watch, however that was less about the Cassadines as a whole and more about her backstory with her mother.

by Anonymousreply 169April 16, 2023 10:45 PM

COVID protocols could also be a reason why we didn't have Nurses Balls in 2021 and 2022, besides Frank's blues lol

by Anonymousreply 170April 16, 2023 10:47 PM

]quote] (I've noticed that's when we didn't have Nurses Balls either, 2021 and 2022, and the one in 2020 was in August)

The 2020 Nurses Ball was delayed until August because the show was shutdown from March to July at the start of the COVID pandemic. If there hadn't been for that, the Nurses Ball would have been held in late May/early June like it always used to.

by Anonymousreply 171April 16, 2023 11:18 PM

[quote]No offense, but maybe scab writers will actually make General Hospital make some sense and bring some cohesion to the storytelling.

I'm available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 16, 2023 11:22 PM

IMO, GH is not the Nurses Ball soap any longer. That was from a very specific era and just doesn't translate in the same way. You can't have that many extras and actors can't go over their guarantees, so it looks like the performers are performing to an empty room.

I understand that Frank is the budget master. GH looks amazing compared to the other 3, when it comes to sets, but during the 1.0 Nurses Ball days you also had people like Claire Labine and Bob Guza and Michele Val Jean writing and some of the best directors in the game and a budget that was probably 3 or 4 times larger than what they have now. Victor is trying to take over the world on a Marshall's budget.

by Anonymousreply 173April 16, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote]She said Frank was an INTERN at OLTL when she first was hired there.

Kristen is mistaken.

Frank started at OLTL in 1986, five years BEFORE Kristen was born in 1991.

She started at OLTL as Starr in 1998 when she was 7 years old. Frank was a producer on the show at that point. Frank became EP at OLTL in 2003, replacing Gary Tomlin.

by Anonymousreply 174April 17, 2023 1:54 AM

Victor’s pathogen genocide storyline is a little tone deaf after COVID. Is this storyline 15 years old?

by Anonymousreply 175April 17, 2023 5:06 AM

Give it up, Kristen. Stop with the I almost returned to GH but it fell through shit. Lies! She’s desperate for a gig. If Frank wanted her there, she’d be there. Period.

by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2023 7:47 AM

R171 I'm very aware of that lol thanks. What I'm saying is that after 2020, we didn't have one in 2021 or 2022 and we didn't really need one in 2023 lol jmo they shouldn't bring it back however there are ppl who are very entertained by it.

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2023 12:54 PM

R173 😆 😆 agreed. Also besides a Marshall's budget, their wardrobe department has shopped at TJ Maxx for character's clothing lol

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2023 12:57 PM

R174 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2023 12:58 PM

R175 Definitely dated. And as many faults as Guza had, the virus outbreak or similar storylines he had to this one were far superior.

by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2023 1:00 PM

R176 Exactly lol she has campaigned for years in vain to somehow return to GH on a permanent basis, yet Frank will not budge at all.

by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2023 1:02 PM

Liesl has a fat arse. Those spanks are ready to bust open!

by Anonymousreply 182April 17, 2023 2:16 PM

Is Kristen’s mother, Farrah Fawcett, still pushing her and Eddie at everyone as a showbiz mom??? What are the actors’ Alderson doing these days??? Begging to get on GH??

by Anonymousreply 183April 17, 2023 2:18 PM

[quote][R176] Exactly lol she has campaigned for years in vain to somehow return to GH on a permanent basis, yet Frank will not budge at all.

Kristin knows why she isn't returning to the show. She knows what she did. Frank will eventually forgive her, but not yet. Plus there is no story for her and she isn't right for anything they're casting.

by Anonymousreply 184April 17, 2023 2:20 PM

Kirsten told Mo she didn't re-sign when her contract expired because FV offered her less money. Then she contradicted herself and said it wasn't about money at all. She just wanted to go back to Philly and be a waitress and babysit her cousin's kids. LOL. So Frank has been messing with her when he dangles deals in front of her and then lets the deals fall through? Again, LOL.

Who else won't FV allow to return and does he give them false hope also?

I suspect Rena Sofer is also waiting by the phone for a call from Frank. She didn't do Mo's show for nothing. Did she leave on bad terms? I know she and Wally aren't on good terms but he's not on screen often enough for it to be a conflict if she did return.

by Anonymousreply 185April 17, 2023 2:33 PM

R184 She knows what she did lol are you referring to her quitting on him?

by Anonymousreply 186April 17, 2023 2:51 PM

R187 Frank has a habit of offering ppl less money, resulting in them balking at his offers and walking out of the door (IE: Dominic Zamprogna, Michelle Stafford, etc.) so idk why she thought she'd be any different lol unless she was going off of her history of being with him on OLTL. That is a complete contradiction lol because when you really think about it, who leaves a cushy acting job in LA to go back home for the uncertainty of waitressing and raising someone else's kids? She also dallied briefly with a real estate career as well.

A few others that tried to return, only for Frank to refuse, were Antonio Sabato Jr. (although that may have more to do with others), Steve Burton (Maurice had to go over his head to ABC, to get him back in 2017), Bryan Craig, Ryan Paevey, Tyler Christopher, those are just who come to mind off the top of my head. Billy Miller, Tamara Braun, Michelle Stafford, Dominic Zamprogna, Wil de Vry are just some of the ones he either blindsided and got rid of (Miller, Braun, de Vry) or offered them a pay reduction to force them to quit (Stafford, Zamprogna) however Dominic was obviously eventually able to come back, probably due to him being there long before Frank, and the connections he had there with Maurice and others.

by Anonymousreply 187April 17, 2023 3:10 PM

[quote][R184] She knows what she did lol are you referring to her quitting on him?

Yes. I expect everyone to know their worth and not settle, but also understand the reality of the situation. She would have gone from making $6000 a week to $5000 a week. It's not like people have been knocking down her door to hire her. If Becky Herbst can take a pay cut anyone can.

by Anonymousreply 188April 17, 2023 3:22 PM

R188 Lol oh so with a possible three-four day guarantee, she would've went from making $1500/$2000 per episode to roughly $1250/1666 per episode lol so in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't exactly that much of a difference. Granted it would've been about $3-4k per month she was losing out on, however there's no way she's making that up as a waitress or a realtor, for is she were, she wouldn't be clamoring for a return. Becky did indeed take a pay cut lol along with everyone else, either significant or minimal.

by Anonymousreply 189April 17, 2023 3:36 PM

R183 Lol I'm sure she's still holding out hope for her kids to somehow make it big one day, or at least hoping for them to back into the soap game. Kristen was on a series called Melange with Morgan Fairchild as recently as 2020, while Eddie is still pursuing a career in feature films, and has been keeping himself busy with voiceover work. He's also cancer free as of 2019. Kristen is still pursuing acting/singing while having her server career along with her realtor career to fall back on as her plan B.

by Anonymousreply 190April 17, 2023 3:44 PM

R185 No, Rena didn't leave GH on bad terms. She didn't like the direction they were taking Lois in, also Lois and Ned, so she quit and landed on Melrose Place and other shows soon after. She did, however, end on bad terms with Wally, although she seemed interested in coming back, especially since the writers most likely wouldn't do a Lois and Ned reunion. When Lesli Kay was cast as Lois in 2003, Rena was offended because GH didn't ask her back. She said that even though they planned to bring the character back and recast without even consulting her was an insult, because she had originated the character and would've liked for them to ask.

by Anonymousreply 191April 17, 2023 3:48 PM

Kristin was practically living with Chad, so I can't imagine her expenses were all that much if they were splitting everything. Personally, I think she misses the dick of death and wants to see if she can get him back the way she got him the first time.

by Anonymousreply 192April 17, 2023 3:52 PM

Perhaps Frank should concentrate more on current GH and not past pettiness. GH reached 60 fucking years on tv and it was a bust! NO excitement. The nurses ball sucked and there was nothing to tie it all together for GH60. Fire Frank Valentini!

Oh I forgot. Frank Valentini is the ONLY one who can manage a soap opera budget. NO one else can manage a soap opera budget but Frank. No one. lololololololol Fire Frank!!!!!!’

by Anonymousreply 193April 17, 2023 3:54 PM

R192 I think you're on to something lol however she got him before, she probably thinks she can again. Yet it can also be a combination of both, she probably feels a sense of regret, missing out on a nice big 🍆 and a nice steady paycheck lol it's like she was a contestant on Let's Make A Deal, she had prizes in front of her (Chad, GH) that she could see yet she chose the mystery prize (a trip back home to a regular life)

by Anonymousreply 194April 17, 2023 4:12 PM

Kristen spreads her legs for anyone who’ll give her a job. Notice how she isn’t working. lol

by Anonymousreply 195April 17, 2023 4:15 PM

R193 Honestly I think if Frank were still in charge, he might have fired Frank long ago. Even though he hired him to run GH in the first place lol Frons also got rid of his "good friends" Guza and Phelps, so if he felt that Frank were underperforming, he wouldn't have hesitated to give him the axe. Once Frons was out, as each year went on, the focus was moreso heavily on the budget, and the writers, not necessarily the EP, so that's why Frank has been able to skate.

by Anonymousreply 196April 17, 2023 4:16 PM

R195 Omg 😱😆

by Anonymousreply 197April 17, 2023 4:18 PM

I think Frank is the only thing keeping that show on the air. When Frank goes, GH goes. And now that Days has shown that there is life on streaming for soaps, would anyone be surprised if GH ends up on Hulu exclusively in the next year or so. I'm sure that ABC would love that hour to put on some kind of cheap news show.

by Anonymousreply 198April 17, 2023 4:19 PM

How much does it cost to have that woman from Grey's Anatomy come and do the red carpet for the Nurses Ball? If more than scale, then wouldn't it be money better spent elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 199April 17, 2023 4:27 PM

Kristen btw is also supposedly a successful streamer/online gamer and has her own show on Twitch called the Starr Squad that Chad appeared on. One of her former OLTL castmates, Farah Fath (ex-Gigi Morasco) is married to a successful poker player lol it's sort of off topic, however I remember ppl thinking Farah was broke since she wasn't in soaps anymore except for guests spots on Days. And another former castmate, Crystal Hunt (ex-Stacy Morasco) comes from a family with money so she seems to be doing ok as well.

by Anonymousreply 200April 17, 2023 4:30 PM

R198 Well Frank and Ron did keep GH from getting cancelled and Frank has somewhat kept it afloat after Ron was fired. I do think there's other producers out there who can keep it under budget and somehow make it a more interesting show, however I don't think ABC/Disney care enough to find anyone else to handle it. I agree that sooner or later GH will end up on Hulu and/or Disney+ exclusively.

by Anonymousreply 201April 17, 2023 4:34 PM

I was listening to an entertainment industry podcast the other day. They were saying that the streamers are trying to find ways for people to engage with the streaming services daily. That was one of the reasons why ABC pulled Dancing with the Stars from linear and sent it to steaming. It gives the audience a reason to go to the streaming service regularly instead of just for movies and event series. It's also the reason why Peacock wanted Days. Apparently the Days fans go for Days, but were sticking around for the other content on the site.

by Anonymousreply 202April 17, 2023 4:42 PM

R199 She's such a fan she probably would've done it for free lol I don't think she got paid that much, nor did Yvette Nicole Brown. I think they both did it for personal, sentimental reasons, not for a payday. I do get what you're saying though lol however Frank is cheap so I wouldn't have expected him to go all out. Expenses for him are usually paying extra for songs to use on the show out of what's left over in the budget, of course.

by Anonymousreply 203April 17, 2023 4:45 PM

R202 Correct I've heard similar stories too. ABC wanted to increase their subscriptions for Disney + so they moved Dancing With The Stars over there as an "experiment" to see how successful it would be and if viewers would sign up for it, which, apparently they did. Same for Days, NBC was on the fence about keeping it on their network for years however they didn't want to just cancel it outright, so they "experimented" with specials such as their Days Of Our Lives "Beyond Salem" before committing to relocating Days to Peacock. Their subscriptions increased as well once Days became a permanent fixture on Peacock.

by Anonymousreply 204April 17, 2023 4:56 PM

It's a shame AMC and OLTL viewers couldn't figure out how to use Hulu back in 2011/12 and kept the reboots on air.

by Anonymousreply 205April 17, 2023 5:01 PM

Prospect Park was about 5 to 10 years too early.

by Anonymousreply 206April 17, 2023 5:07 PM

SoapNet was ahead of its time too.

And wasn’t Chad engaged or married when he started fucking Kristen?

by Anonymousreply 207April 17, 2023 5:12 PM

According to a post on DL, Chad's ex wife caught Kristen blowing him at some cookout.

by Anonymousreply 208April 17, 2023 5:18 PM

R205 Lol well to be fair to the audience ABC wasn't interested in streaming them back then. Frons just wanted OLTL gone, he favored GH and AMC, so his plan was to drive OLTL into cancellation while keeping GH and AMC, which is why he moved AMC to Los Angeles in 2009/2010, which would have left OLTL as the last remaining soap in NY on the air after the cancellations of GL (fall 2009) and ATWT (fall 2010). What ended up happening was that OLTL had more viewers and more interest in their stories than AMC, as well as more of a buzz behind it. So in order to justify cancelling OLTL, he felt that he had to cancel AMC too, to save face. That's when Prospect Park swooped in to save them, and ABC was more than willing to sell the rights to both shows to them, with GH on a "future" deal (ABC was planning to cancel GH, with a cancellation date of January 4th, 2013, with a relocation plan on place to Prospect Park. However, Frank and Ron's ability to create renewed interest in GH, combined with the failures of The Revolution and GMA Afternoon, convinced ABC to keep GH). ABC/Frank were able to win the lawsuit Prospect Park filed, claiming it was ABC's fault that the shows failed on their network, and the rights were reverted back to ABC for both shows in the Fall of 2016, which, ironically, have barely been utilized by Frank.

by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2023 5:20 PM

R206 R207 Yes they both were. Prospect Park had even hired Frank to run OLTL and possibly oversee AMC while Ron was hired to continue writing for OLTL as well, however Frons countered their offer with giving Frank and Ron the options to join GH, which was one of the arguments that Prospect Park had in terms of ABC attempting to sabotage them. Guess Frank and Ron felt it was a case of the devil you do know is better than the devil you don't know lol by sticking with ABC

by Anonymousreply 210April 17, 2023 5:24 PM

R207 R208 Yes Chad was married in 2012 and there was an annulment quickly from his ex-wife, Taylor Novack. I've heard that he cheated on Taylor with Kristen too lol and there were rumors that his "commitment" to Courtney Hope came to a conclusion once she learned he had been unfaithful as well, although that's unconfirmed lol

by Anonymousreply 211April 17, 2023 5:30 PM

Lol correcting myself at R196 I meant to say that if Frons were still in charge, he would've eventually fired Frank lol

by Anonymousreply 212April 17, 2023 5:36 PM

I always liked Alderson as Starr (and her brother, Eddie, as Matthew) on OLTL. That was a good interview, and her decision not to re-sign because they wanted a 3 year commitment at less money for a character she wasn't hired for (and was told wasn't important to the canvas), made sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 213April 17, 2023 5:54 PM

Ethan appears to be a hot piece of ass. Is this a new actor playing the character? I wasn’t watching when he was last on.

by Anonymousreply 214April 17, 2023 7:44 PM

Ethan’s back??

by Anonymousreply 215April 17, 2023 7:47 PM

I found the answer to my question. New actor is James Ryan. Love his hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216April 17, 2023 8:20 PM

R15, I think the idea of an 'aging' (35 to 45) soap queen downplaying the ingenues who are up and coming is fascinating.

"You should leave. I bet you could make it easily."

by Anonymousreply 217April 17, 2023 9:49 PM

Once ABC got the rights back from PP, they sprinkled in a few references from the other soaps once in a while. I thought that they would do more of that, turning GH into an "ABC Supersoap", hoping to get some lapsed viewers to tune in.

They did try to reboot AMC for primetime, but that looks like its dead. Seems like a waste since they own the characters, but maybe they have other plans

by Anonymousreply 218April 18, 2023 1:43 AM

Is Duelly eating out Kristen’s snatch again???

by Anonymousreply 219April 18, 2023 1:45 AM

Kristen Anderson is appearing off-Broadway in Newsical. Seats maybe 75-100. .

by Anonymousreply 220April 18, 2023 1:49 AM

So that’s why Kristen can’t do GH. She’s busy. lololololol

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2023 6:39 AM

R222 Right, and actually that's what Frank initially wanted, to turn GH into a super soap combined with characters from AMC/OLTL constantly popping in and out, or staying in town.

When I said that Frank has barely utilized the rights, besides the slight references to the other shows, or the appearance from Hilary B. Smith as Nora, in his defense, he wasn't able to turn it into the super soap that he wanted, and knowing how petty he is lol it makes sense that if he couldn't turn it into a super soap, then why have any "guest appearances" at all. Channing Dungey used to pushback alot of Frank's ideas when she was heading ABC, and her replacement Karey Burke toyed with the idea of either bringing back AMC and OLTL as two half hour soaps, or merging them together as a new joint show that fans affectionately nicknamed as "All My Life."

Although some believe that there was never any serious commitment to bring the shows back in either daytime or the primetime version that Kelly & Mark came up with, other factors that prevented the super soap idea besides a lack of interest from the network were certain AMC/OLTL actors who are New York based that didn't want to make the constant commute to the West Coast to film GH, the GH actors who would've felt that they were being replaced in favor of former AMC/OLTL actors, and an already bloated cast. Frank reached out to some of the former actors, like Susan Lucci, to either appear as Erica Kane or another character on GH, yet she has never seemed interested (Susan has also turned down offers to appear on other soaps).

The last straw might've been when ABC refused to allow Roger Howarth reappear as Todd Manning. The references to Llanview were there with the Sonny/Mike story and also to Llantano Mountain, however after some "careful review" ABC felt that it was "inappropriate" to bring a former rapist on canvas, resulting in the shoddy, flimsy, rushed, poorly executed, ill-conceived creation of Dr. Austin Gatlin-Holt who besides some interesting scenes with Britt and Ava wasted away in that pairing with Maxie for months on end.

ABC didn't want to "trade one rapist for another" from Franco to Todd, so if not for the network and certain actors, Frank would've had his way with a super soap. He's pitched three separate online spinoffs to ABC over the years, which were all denied, so he hasn't necessarily had the networks backing on all of his ideas. Kassie DePaiva stated that she was treated poorly by some cast members when OLTL actors first started appearing on GH, for they felt that the OLTL actors were "taking their place" so one can only imagine the shitshow that would ensue if legendary actors Susan Lucci or Erika Slezak, for example, were to come make Port Charles their stomping grounds, with all the media focus on them and not the "original" General Hospital characters. Then all the attention would go to them and even though it over ten years ago when Kassie was on GH, I doubt certain egos have changed that much where they feel that big name stars from other shows won't outshine them.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2023 12:14 PM

I have hard time believing Channing Dungey even knew what GH was, let alone pushed back on any of Frank's idea. One of her minion (VPs)? Yes. Not Dungey herself.

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2023 12:29 PM

Let me take a wild guess as to who the GH actors that mistreated the OLTL actors were...

Definitely not Mo, Snarly and Steve....

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2023 12:30 PM

I won't defend rude behavior, but I can understand people being pissed that people from a cancelled soap started showing up as their characters on GH. Even though I did like the chemistry between Carly and Todd. Weird that they couldn't duplicate it when Roger was playing other characters.

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2023 12:36 PM

I’ll never understand why Frank hasn’t brought Erika Slezak for a short arc. She has said she’d do it. And Robin Strasser has said she’d do GH but has never been asked. She has even tagged Valentini in her tweets saying that she’d do GH for free.

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2023 1:11 PM

FV needs to get Cady McClain to play one of Tad Martin Grey's ex-wives they keep alluding to.

Speaking of Tad Martin Grey, is MEK okay? He's been MIA for a while.

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2023 1:13 PM

R223 Lol believe what you want. She definitely disagreed with plenty of Frank's ideas, and there was some sort of "battle" of control between herself and Frank over the state of GH. She did, however, become upset with the actors constantly contacting the network and eventually relented somewhat in 2017 when they kept going over Frank's head by voicing their concerns and complaints to her. Bringing Steve Burton back as Jason had a lot to do with Channing, for Frank wouldn't budge and refused to rehire him for at least six months before Maurice had to go behind Frank and convince the network to do it. Channing and Frank did not get along for the most part and she did monitor GH, however you can believe what you will lol

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2023 1:28 PM

R224 Oh no definitely not them 😆 😉 especially not Mo or Snarly...no never lmaoooo

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2023 1:30 PM

R225 Carly and Todd definitely did have somewhat of a buzz around them, so did McBain and Sam.

by Anonymousreply 230April 18, 2023 1:31 PM

R226 With Erika, it's probably because Todd isn't there, however Frank could've created another character for her, imo.he would only want her as Viki. Now as for Robin Strasser lol Frank does not particularly care for her, so he's not exactly jumping at the chance to bring her on.

by Anonymousreply 231April 18, 2023 1:33 PM

R227 Ironically, MEK and Cady McClain were close to being recasts of Paul Hornsby and Jenny Eckert-Hornsby when Paul was first brought back years ago (before hiring Richard Burgi). A "rumored" reason why it didn't occur was because ABC was still in litigation with Prospect Park, so that was too close to the whole Tad and Dixie angle (which is also a "rumored" reason why KiKi, then played by Kristen Alderson, was changed from being Franco's daughter to Silas Clay's, too close to the Todd and Starr angle)

by Anonymousreply 232April 18, 2023 1:38 PM

Who the fuck does Robin Strasser get along with? She’s a cunt. She’s trashing Roscoe Born. No wonder Frank won’t bring the cunt Strasser to GH. She’s a nightmare!!

by Anonymousreply 233April 18, 2023 10:07 PM

R233 Lol good actress, yet problematic on various sets she's been on. Most recently, she yelled at a cameraman on the set of Days Of Our Lives when Ron brought her on as another Vivian, a few years ago. She was so mean that "allegedly" the majority of the cast and crew were relieved when she was gone lol what did she say about Roscoe Born?

by Anonymousreply 234April 18, 2023 11:58 PM

OLTL actors came to GH and took over so I don’t blame some of the actors for the cold reception tbh. GH was a shitshow for some time after OLTL was cancelled. Way too many characters/actors. And we’re still suffering because of that cancellation. Easton and Howarth need to go. The two of them would free up much needed cash. Hell, Liz might even get a new pair of scrubs instead of that ratty blue pair.

by Anonymousreply 235April 19, 2023 3:26 AM

R235 😆 😆 Easton and Howarth aren't going anywhere since Frank has actually convinced both of them to stay when they each had thoughts of leaving GH at one point or another. If he had his way, he'd have created a GH/OLTL/AMC hybrid, with nods to other ABC soaps in too.

by Anonymousreply 236April 19, 2023 5:05 AM

I’ve ranked GH’s current contract cast members (not counting Shaughnessy, who’s on his way out) in order of their value to the show at the moment:

1. Hughes

2. West

3. Chavez

4. Herbst

5. Francis

6. Benard

7. Ali

8. Watros

9. Pohl

10. Kerr

11. Setton

12. Wagner

13. Turner

14. Wright

15. Zamprogna

16. Samms

17. McCoy

18. Hofer

19. Monaco

20. Bellow

21. Grahn

22. Harper

23. Howarth

24. Duell

25. Kelly

26. Storms

27. Easton

28. Mattsson

29. Mathison

30. MacMullen

31. Gossett

32. Harrison

by Anonymousreply 237April 19, 2023 2:32 PM

D’oh, I forgot Swickard. I guess that makes him 33.

by Anonymousreply 238April 19, 2023 3:18 PM

So Finola Hughes is the most important person on the show right now, but her love interest, James Patrick Stuart, doesn't even rank?

by Anonymousreply 239April 19, 2023 4:51 PM

Stuart isn’t on contract.

by Anonymousreply 240April 19, 2023 4:58 PM

Lady Val can barely emote through his latest botox, and he and Anna are not very exciting.

R237 needs a better hobby.

by Anonymousreply 241April 19, 2023 6:17 PM

"Mama Carly!"

by Anonymousreply 242April 19, 2023 6:21 PM

Sorry to R237 , I'm mad at other things today. Good on you for putting your list together.

by Anonymousreply 243April 19, 2023 6:36 PM

GH is at its best when its divas bare their claws. Loved Ava/Carly today, looking forward to Nina/Carly tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 244April 19, 2023 7:30 PM

Most network presidents don't have time or care to involve themselves in soaps. Zucker did a little with Passions b/c he NBC owned a piece of it.

Paul Lee was at ABC at the right time as far as GH was concerned; the show was headed for the chopping block a decade ago but he saw what Ron and Frank did and kept it around.

I'm sure it's entirely possibly Chagney (sp?) was up on GH.

by Anonymousreply 245April 21, 2023 3:21 AM

If Trina wants to hide from Victor, all she has to do is lose herself in Spencer's arms.

She's tiny; and those limbs are HUMUNGOUS.

by Anonymousreply 246April 21, 2023 3:22 AM

I wanted Nina to punch Carly in her smug, cunt face. I can't stand her. I hope Willow dies at the altar, and Nina goes full Annie Dutton on everybody.

by Anonymousreply 247April 21, 2023 8:28 AM

Can we get a regime that puts Carly on the backburner or has the balls to get rid of LW? She’s the worst character on this show and drags down every scene she’s in. No one ever gets to throw her past misdeeds in her face. She just goes around town yelling at people. They clearly have nothing for her to do.

by Anonymousreply 248April 22, 2023 5:18 AM

Like Trina, I also want Spencer to take my virginity on his great great uncle’s ghost yacht.

by Anonymousreply 249April 23, 2023 12:04 AM

[quote]Can we get a regime that puts Carly on the backburner or has the balls to get rid of LW? She’s the worst character on this show and drags down every scene she’s in. No one ever gets to throw her past misdeeds in her face. She just goes around town yelling at people. They clearly have nothing for her to do.

She does yell a lot, but I feel bad for LW, because this pairing with Drew is not working. And Laura has been in this game long enough to know that pairing is not working.

by Anonymousreply 250April 23, 2023 12:07 AM

Carly needs to embrace her inner cougar and steal Dex away from her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 251April 23, 2023 12:11 AM

There you go R251. Now that's a story, but I just don't think they would "Brooke Logan" Carly.

by Anonymousreply 252April 23, 2023 12:22 AM

What would we call her if they Loganed her, "the Slut from Jacksonville"?

by Anonymousreply 253April 23, 2023 6:56 PM

I can't see Watros's Nina treating Willow so cruelly and immaturely when they first met when Willow was Charlotte's teacher and she was a bully and Stafford played the part.

I can't imagine GH pairing MS and MB together if she were still on the show; could you imagine shout festivals between LW and MS.

Just endless yelling back and forth with not much else there.

by Anonymousreply 254April 23, 2023 9:29 PM

R253, "Logan's" on GH aren't exactly sluts.

"Jeff wants Annie for his wife but he might have to wait all of his life...cuz good girls don't! And Annie won't!

"And you all know what I mean!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255April 24, 2023 12:44 AM

R248 Lol you know what it is? LW knows how to play the game. She has been one of GH's biggest cheerleaders for practically as long as she's been there, since 2005. Some say it's ass kissing lol however it's also out of gratitude; she was itching to get away from GL, which she knew was going downhill (even though there were cancellation rumors, it didn't actually happen until 2009) and she wasn't exactly the leading female (like Kim Zimmer) so when Jill and Brian Frons approached her with the idea of being on a more stable soap as the leading lady, she jumped at the chance (there were other considerations for Carly, just in case they weren't able to get LW, however she was their top choice. Poor Jennifer Bransford was hired as a placeholder until Laura's contract with GL was up).

After the Guza/Phelps/Frons era came to a conclusion with Frons firing Guza, then, months afterwards, Phelps, before stepping down himself, Garin Wolf was planning to replace her with Tamara Braun (his preferred Carly) however Frank came in and stopped him from writing her out, resulting in her gratitude to him since then.

History almost repeated itself when she almost jumped ship again back to CBS, while Jill was at Y&R, however Jill was fired before Laura's contract with GH was up (ironically, Frank was planning to hire Tamara Braun as her replacement) so she stuck around, and getting Jane Elliott's dressing room along with a job for her boyfriend lol were in a sense to appease her after she felt that she was being pushed out in favor of Tamara Braun's hiring as Kim (and the network's excitement over having Maurice/Tamara/Steve together again). Elizabeth Korte loves Carly (no matter who's playing her) and Frank/the writers love how unproblematic she is, so they reward her with the constant Carly fan love.

I believe she knows her pairing isn't working as well lol she still tries to push her pairings regardless, like she has done in the past with all of the other pairings of her that hasn't worked. Besides her coupling with Shawn, I don't recall her ever going to the writers and asking them to remove her from a duo, that's the only one she was vocally and publicly against, even though she still had to grin and bear it, for that's the relationship Guza started and that Wolf further expounded on, before Wolf and Shelley Altman explored Johnny, which Ron really delved into (before Todd, which is where they were going with Carly, Todd as her love interest before Prospect Park ended up driving those plans to a screeching halt)

by Anonymousreply 256April 24, 2023 3:28 PM

Before anyone groans me lol yes I know LW was A Lead at GL, however she wasn't The Lead like Kim Zimmer, who was in the same vein as Erica at AMC, Viki at OLTL, Marlena at DOOL, Nikki at Y&R, Brooke at B&B, etc. as the main lead.

by Anonymousreply 257April 24, 2023 3:40 PM

Why didn't she want to be with Shawn?

by Anonymousreply 258April 24, 2023 3:54 PM

R258 Lol she never really stated her reasoning why except for saying that she "preferred" Carly with Jax, Patrick (she thought it would be fun to have Patrick as a nod to Carly's bad history with Robin) or Johnny (who she thought would be fun) although it was rumored that it was because he was Black, and the rumors back then were that it was more of an issue with her then real life husband than with her perse, if you want the non-PG, raw answer lol

by Anonymousreply 259April 24, 2023 4:02 PM

R254 I think Michelle and Cynthia have different takes on Nina and they're playing her differently. Michelle seemed to revel in playing Nina as a villainess, and even though Frank and the writers watered her down, Michelle leaned more towards Phyllis when she was playing Nina. Unfortunately for her, Nina was never as popular as Phyllis nor did fans seem to favor Nina like they did Ava, which is another angle Michelle was going for as Nina being Ava's rival. With Cynthia, she in a sense humanizes Nina and plays her as more sympathetic, so between how insufferable alot of gans found Michelle, compared with Cynthia's less than diva take on Nina, I think that's why her Nina is more popular than Michelle's, imo. I don't think that Michelle's Nina would've ended up with Sonny either or as Ava's bestie; Nina would've stayed with Jax then ended up with another character once he was off canvas (since Roger Howarth wanted out of his Frina pairing and away from her, I doubt it would've been with him). The Sonny/Mike story would've been told in a different way lol although the Nina/Nelle and Nina/Willow stories still would've happened somehow, for Frank wanted Nelle to be Nina's, while the writers wanted Willow to be Nina's. It's interesting to wonder how they would've still played it out; Michelle leaving actually benefitted several different stories and their outcomes. However Nelle wasn't revealed to be Nina's until after Cynthia was in the role, that was the issue- Frank wanted Nelle as Nina's, while the writers always wanted Willow as Nina's, so it worked out in everyone's favor, no matter how convoluted the twin story turned out to be lol Frank refused to let Nelle be Carly's kid

by Anonymousreply 260April 24, 2023 4:38 PM

Nelle and Carly’s backstory was so incredibly stupid. That entire Carly-centered episode was stupid.

by Anonymousreply 261April 24, 2023 5:54 PM

R261 😆 😆 that's because the writers were pretty much forced to explain how Nelle and Carly were connected without having them related while also explaining why Nelle was so upset with her, while also giving insight to how Nelle could be Nina's daughter. Remember they came up with the Frank Benson connection back in the winter of 2016/early 2017 when Jean and Shelley were still writing, because they wanted Nelle to be Carly's daughter, or at least related to her somehow when the daughter wasn't an option anymore, however Frank was against any blood relation for he wanted Michael and Nelle together, so that's why Chris and Dan had to come up with that nonsense in which Carly supposedly abandoned Nelle as a child. It also made Carly and Nelle closer in age which was a mistake as well lol since it made Carly only about 14 years older than Nelle, yet Michael is supposedly a year or two older than Nelle and Willow 😆

by Anonymousreply 262April 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Soap stories get rewritten all the time, but it seems to be a regular thing over at GH. And no one seems to rewrite them in a way that isn't messy with gaping holes.

Shocked to hear that about LW and the Shawn pairing.

by Anonymousreply 263April 24, 2023 6:27 PM

R263 That's true and at GH it's mainly because Frank disagrees with the direction a lot of times that the writers are headed in, and since he has final say, he vetoes certain stories or have them altered to how he sees for. He also is known to rewrite scenes and scripts although most likely not as much as he used to.

To her credit, it was rumored that it was more of her ex-husband who wasn't too thrilled about it, and it also could have been her fanbase who she felt weren't as accepting of an interracial pairing for Carly. When Heather Tom's Victoria was in an interracial relationship with Kristoff St. John' s Neil on Y&R she received hate mail, same goes for Adrienne Frantz when her Amber was in an interracial relationship with Usher's Raymond on B&B, so that could've been a reason as well. She just did her best to get out of it as opposed to how she usually tries to push her couplings no matter how bad they are, which was unusual for her.

by Anonymousreply 264April 24, 2023 6:36 PM

At R264, meant to say how Frank sees fit lol

by Anonymousreply 265April 24, 2023 6:39 PM

Also the network mandates rewrites too lol forgot to mention that at R264 like Todd Manning returning for example so even though it's not always Frank, it is him alot lol it all depends. Rewrites definitely occur a lot on GH

by Anonymousreply 266April 24, 2023 7:14 PM

Any of you guys watching it everyday?

by Anonymousreply 267April 24, 2023 7:23 PM

Yeah my partner and I watch on Hulu every day while having dinner, or catch up on weekend mornings if we can’t. It’s easy since the eps are only 36 minutes without commercials.

by Anonymousreply 268April 24, 2023 8:19 PM

I record GH every day. And I watch every day.

I'm usually doing other things while its on, but I stop to give my full attention to especaily tense or exciting scenes.

by Anonymousreply 269April 24, 2023 8:25 PM

I've watched on and off since the Luke and Laura days, and the show is a chore to get through. Too many characters, no resolved storylines, non-sensical continuity, poor pairings.

by Anonymousreply 270April 25, 2023 9:58 AM

Tracy is such an invigorating splash of vinegar. I loved her reference to Liesl as “that frau from hell” and her dissing Carly to her face.

by Anonymousreply 271April 25, 2023 9:08 PM

R268 Oh now that's very cute lol and R269 at least by recording it you're able to go back and watch any scenes you might've missed. Lol you guys are contributing to it's viewership, I'm more like R270 lol

by Anonymousreply 272April 26, 2023 1:26 AM

R271 I remember when Ron was going to make Britt a long-lost daughter of Tracy's, while Sabrina was slated to be Anna's "miscarried" baby with Duke, when they were both competing for Patrick, around the time Tracy was in love with Luke while he was with his "Slim" Anna lol however that idea wasn't approved so that's when the Faison/Dr. O angle eventually happened lol

by Anonymousreply 273April 26, 2023 1:30 AM

Daytime Emmy nominations announced.

GH nominees include Maurice for Best Actor and Finola for Best Actress.

Sonya Eddy, Brooke Kerr and Kelly Thiebaud for Supporting Actress. Three of the category's five nominees are on GH.

Nicholas Chavez, Chad Duell, Robert Gossett and Jon Lindstrom for Best Supporting Actor. Four of the categories five nominees are on GH.

Eden McCoy for Younger Actor

Alley Mills for Guest Performer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 26, 2023 5:22 PM

Hooray for Finola! I would have liked Maura and Genie to be nominated as well.

by Anonymousreply 275April 26, 2023 5:28 PM

Stunned Cynthia didn't get a nod, but Sharon Case did for playing a coffeeshop psychologist????????

by Anonymousreply 276April 26, 2023 5:34 PM

Where is the nom for Marcus Coloma?

by Anonymousreply 277April 26, 2023 5:35 PM

Chavez is the only Supporting Actor from GH worthy of his nom. I hope Feuerriegel takes it for DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 278April 26, 2023 5:42 PM

r278 Jon Lindstrom is certainly deserving of his nom, as is Nicholas Chavez. Other two from GH, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 279April 26, 2023 5:44 PM

Nothing for Avery Pohl?

by Anonymousreply 280April 26, 2023 5:56 PM

Steve Burton got a nod in Best Guest Actor category.

Interestingly enough, they put him down as having played Harris Michaels on Days, when in fact, last year, he only appeared on Beyond Salem II. His appearances on the mother show only started in March of this year.

by Anonymousreply 281April 26, 2023 6:05 PM

From Variety:

GUEST PERFORMANCE IN A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES Steve Burton as Harris Michaels, Beyond Salem (Peacock)

by Anonymousreply 282April 26, 2023 6:07 PM

Humm. r282 Daytime Confidential has Burton down as appearing on Days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283April 26, 2023 6:11 PM

Hollywood Reporter also has Burton down as appearing on Days:

[quote]Steve Burton as Harris Michaels, Days of Our Lives, NBC/Peacock

by Anonymousreply 284April 26, 2023 6:13 PM

Who cares? He was nominated for his work on BS2.

by Anonymousreply 285April 26, 2023 6:23 PM

Sorry- I should have linked to the NATAS website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 26, 2023 6:28 PM

Nicholas Chavez asking “What is this DUMP?” felt hilariously Bette Davis-esque.

by Anonymousreply 287April 26, 2023 7:24 PM

Chavez is becoming Lucinda Walsh.

that's not 100% a bad thing.

i get that LW makes Frank's life easier and we should all have devoted employees like that and we should be rewarded if we're loyal workers.

However. That doesn't mean Carly needs to be written as a saint. Someone who can do no wrong. Is never wrong. And someone who is wedged into everyone's storylines. She's walking Willow down the aisle. She spoke at Epiphany's memorial.

Enough. I'm shocked she didn't throw herself on the coffin the way Erica did at Mona's or why SHE'S not marrying Michael.

I get Carly taking Michael away from alcoholic AJ but to run willingly into Sonny's world? Michael was shot in the head, fell into a coma, killed a woman, went to jail (because his parents lied), and was raped in jail.

Maybe sticking by AJ and encouraging AA would have been a better move.

by Anonymousreply 288April 26, 2023 8:04 PM

Michael was raped in jail? I didn’t know soaps went there.

by Anonymousreply 289April 26, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote]Michael was raped in jail? I didn’t know soaps went there.

That was Bob Guza and JFP. I doubt Frank would ever go there.

by Anonymousreply 290April 26, 2023 8:24 PM

I think that's why they killed Franco; he arranged for the rape; tho they tried to change it later saying he tried to STOP the rape.

by Anonymousreply 291April 26, 2023 9:23 PM

What is the mood on soap sets when nominations are announced? I assume there’s a lot of jealousy but how much is actually revealed?

by Anonymousreply 292April 26, 2023 9:46 PM

Will Willow collapse at the altar? Will we get another cheesy “come to the light” scene?

by Anonymousreply 293April 26, 2023 11:17 PM

I know the Daytime Emmys haven’t meant anything in many years but CW was a major snub. She submitted the Nelle/Nina cemetery scenes and didn’t score a nomination but SE did. We obviously know why she was nominated - and will probably win tbh - but it’s still ridiculous. Even before she passed, Epiphany wasn’t on enough to warrant a Supporting nomination. CW deserved a Lead nod and Becky Herbst should have had SE’s spot. And what the hell did CD get to receive a nomination? EMc is up against literal children minus the actress from Days. She’s Frank’s golden girl and it’s her last eligible year in the Younger category so I’m sure he’s already paid for her win. It’s all a joke. lol.

by Anonymousreply 294April 27, 2023 1:59 AM

I adored Epiphany but she was barely on last year.

Her nomination came because of her death. I feel confident she'll also win because of the death.

by Anonymousreply 295April 27, 2023 2:12 AM

Was SE ever even nominated when she was alive?

Frank is going for the sympathy vote just to get a win.

by Anonymousreply 296April 27, 2023 2:17 AM

Compare NAC’s sweet, sincere reaction to his nomination on social media…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297April 27, 2023 1:51 PM

…with that of Mo, who misspells “nominees” and uses it as an opportunity to plug his mental health talk show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 27, 2023 1:53 PM

IDC Mo looks hot in the at photo. Needs to go back to that look.

by Anonymousreply 299April 27, 2023 4:37 PM

Apparently the SEC responds to calls faster than the fire department. Who knew?

So if the wedding was held at the family home and there were not professional caterers, photographers, or musicians, what was Maxie scurrying about doing?

by Anonymousreply 300April 27, 2023 7:09 PM

The SEC apparently also calls people by the nicknames. No Caroline?

by Anonymousreply 301April 27, 2023 11:25 PM

I think Ava is covering her ass by claiming she was using reverse psychology when she previously encouraged Nina to sic the SEC on Carly.

by Anonymousreply 302April 27, 2023 11:44 PM

Sorry, but watching Chase sit there during that garbage wedding made me sick at my stomach. Willow is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 303April 28, 2023 8:52 AM

Why does he have an image of him and the OLD Trina at the top of his Twitter page?

by Anonymousreply 304April 28, 2023 10:20 AM

R304 because he most likely uses the twitter app from his phone in which you don’t see your header photo from your page. He probably forgot it was there. He’s had that forever.

by Anonymousreply 305April 28, 2023 3:53 PM

on the initial press release, Burton was listed as Harris on DAYS; a corrected version went out indicating it should be for Beyond Salem: Chapter Two. I think that's how the show is referred to by the Emmy people; not Days of our Lives - Beyond Salem: Chapter Two but just Beyond Salem: Chapter Two.

He really played him no differently than he plays Jason Morgan; that loonnnnggg pause before responding to another character.

My favorite thing about Jason was when Tracy would come back to town and go through the Q mansion living room and reacquaint with everybody. When she got to Jason, she treated him like he was either deaf or special: "JASON! I'M YOUR AUNT TRACY!"

It must have killed Tracy that Alan knocked up the cocktail waitress that Mitch cheated on with. I think it was dumb to kill Susan Moore. GH lost a lot of women circa 1981-84....Diana Taylor, Susan Moore, Annie Logan, Dr. Lesley Webber...all big blows, especially Lesley IMHO. The show had the sense to bring her back in 96, which I read was Genie's doing.

by Anonymousreply 306April 28, 2023 6:44 PM

Seeing Laura back in action would've been better if Robert and Holly were with her instead of the three stooges: Drewfus, sleepy time Curtis and Lady Val.

by Anonymousreply 307April 29, 2023 8:26 AM

R307, I agree.

Holly wasn't around for the first Ice Princess caper; she came on summer (?) 1982. IP started in late 1980 and went through Oct./Nov. 1981.

I would have loved for them to have reached out to the actors who played Tony and Alexandria Quartermaine; unthaw them and work them into the current tale. It's too bad Sharon's not up for being camera ready anymore.

It's surreal seeing Shane Donovan play Victor but Charles is a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 308April 30, 2023 12:11 AM

[quote]I would have loved for them to have reached out to the actors who played Tony and Alexandria Quartermaine; unthaw them and work them into the current tale.

I keep wondering why they don't do that too, but an unfrozen Tony and Alexandra would still be in their late 20s/early 30s, So, can't use the previous actors who are now 40 years older.

by Anonymousreply 309April 30, 2023 12:38 AM

Why don't they unfreeze Mikos?

Who could they cast to play him?

by Anonymousreply 310April 30, 2023 12:40 AM

OG Mikos died; good point about Tony and Alex but I'd like to see OG versions. Tony had a funny dialect and Renee Anderson (Alex) was both mesmerizing and forgettable at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 311April 30, 2023 1:16 AM

Can someone explain why Twitter doesn't seem to like the actress who plays Joss? What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 312April 30, 2023 1:32 AM

When the actress who plays Wendy on Days rescinded her Younger Performer Daytime Emmy nomination for being over the age limit, that left three nominees: Joss plus two grade school-aged children. When someone snarkily pointed this out on Twitter (without tagging Eden), Eden popped off:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 30, 2023 4:12 AM

I hope she loses to one of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 314April 30, 2023 10:02 AM

[quote]OG Mikos died

So what?

by Anonymousreply 315April 30, 2023 11:42 PM

[quote]Renee Anderson (Alex) was both mesmerizing and forgettable at the same time.

She was great as Alex. I was surprised GH killed her off, but for the sake of the story, it was needed. But I figured GH would bring her back as a twin.

Was also surprised she didn't turn up on another soap.

by Anonymousreply 316May 1, 2023 12:41 AM

I don't think she needed to die...or maybe she did. I think she killed someone? The doctor who was supposed to bear a passing resemblance to David Hamilton?

David Lewis was great when Edward learned of Alex's death; Edward loved her.

by Anonymousreply 317May 1, 2023 12:48 AM

the thing about Wendy is if she didn't submit we might have or would have seen another contender among Eden and the two little boys.

There's William Lipton and two twin girls from the Bay who were eligible.

Lipton got a nod for his song; but I can see the Bay -- not nominated in anything acting wise -- will speak up on this.

by Anonymousreply 318May 1, 2023 1:32 AM

Are Van Etten and O'Connor out marching? I can't wait for someone to come wrap up their shitty stories before the strike is over.

by Anonymousreply 319May 3, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]I can't wait for someone to come wrap up their shitty stories before the strike is over.

Of the four soaps still on the air, I enjoy GH more than the others. Its stories are far more better than what we're seeing on the other shows.

by Anonymousreply 320May 3, 2023 5:56 PM

That's great R320. Hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 321May 3, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote]Its stories are far more better than what we're seeing on the other shows.

Yikes! I'll OH DEAR myself here. That's what I get for not proofing before I hit Post.

I'm not saying GH is perfect. And yes, it has definitely had better storylines in the past.

But of the four remaining soaps, I enjoy GH the most. It keeps me more involved and interested than the other three.

by Anonymousreply 322May 3, 2023 6:08 PM

R323 I think they are, therefore, any new material from temp writers would be evident towards the end of June, around the 1st of July. However, any new ideas still have to be run by Frank first, so there's still that factor. Another possibility is Gary Tomlin will be the temp head writer, reminiscent of when Frank appointed him head writer (in place of Ron, on OLTL) when the the writers were striking in 07/08. Gary is now 73 years old though so he may not be up to it lol

by Anonymousreply 323May 3, 2023 7:14 PM

R320 You might continue to find them unwatchable lol apparently Josh Griffith didn't participate in the striking during 07/08 and there's no reason to believe he will now, so he will continue on as Y&R's sole head writer, similar to Bradley Bell at B&B. Ron could participate again, however Days wouldn't have any any significant differences from temp writers airing until about January 2024, since they write/film so far in advance. GH is the only soap that will have a sudden change, if Chris and Dan are indeed striking.

by Anonymousreply 324May 3, 2023 7:23 PM

They've known the strike is coming for months. Surely GH would have scripts ready to shoot further ahead than just the end of June. I would hope they would at least have scripts ready through the end of July or into early August.

by Anonymousreply 325May 3, 2023 7:51 PM

R325 You mean like "they knew" back in 07/08 when several soaps, including OLTL & GH, had to resort to using temp writers? There's a difference between knowing for a fact and suspecting that striking would take place. Most writers didn't start clearing out their workspaces until last week, because they were still holding out hope that it wouldn't take place. GH doesn't write that far ahead, they usually write at least two months before the shows hit the air and they usually film about a month to six weeks ahead of time so I doubt they altered that format. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that most shows are not prepared so why would GH be any different than those shows. Now there is the possibility that Chris and Dan don't participate, although I'm under the impression that they will. In my opinion, the show isn't as good as it should be so if there are temp writers coming with new ideas, it might be beneficial for the show.

by Anonymousreply 326May 3, 2023 8:25 PM

does anyone here think that Y&R or B&B or DAYS are better than GH?

Y&R has Phyllis who faked her death to show the world how horrible Diane is and now, she's dragged Summer in as an accomplice after the fact. Sure, Summer. You may hate Diane but will you let her go to jail? If you fess up, your momma's gonna be mad!

B&B; Ridge is here. What? Ridge is already here. Oh, I mean it! RIDGE is here! OH, RIDGE JR!

DAYS: It's all over the place.

Sure, I'm a little over Willow's whining and I"M WAY over Carly and Sonny getting away with so much but overall, GH is so superior to the other shows.

by Anonymousreply 327May 3, 2023 8:26 PM

R327 IA lol those are all bad. I just find GH pretty bad too lol it has areas where it's working, however for the most part, GH hasn't been "must see TV" since around Oct./Nov. 2021

by Anonymousreply 328May 3, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote]GH hasn't been "must see TV" since around Oct./Nov. 2021

I reluctantly have to agree with you.

I'm not especially a Steve Burton fan or a Jason Morgan fan, but the show still hasn't really rebounded from Burton's firing. And that was in Nov. 2021.

by Anonymousreply 329May 3, 2023 8:50 PM

R329 Lol reluctantly. That's exactly around the time it went downhill and it hasn't stopped since, imo. Even his potential pairings took a hit lol Britt and Cody, Carly and Drew? Neither one of those were/are exactly setting GH on fire lol

by Anonymousreply 330May 3, 2023 9:30 PM

Before anyone groans me lol I'm not saying that Steve Burton was the one keeping the show afloat, it just seems that once he was gone, everything creatively for the most part went out the window, like the writers just stopped caring enough or trying to come up with anything cohesively. Frank and the network can be partly responsible as well.

by Anonymousreply 331May 3, 2023 9:34 PM

R331, that's ironic b/c when he left back in 2012, the show flourished creatively.

I don't say it flourished because of his exit but that's when Frank and Ron came on and the show started to breathe again.

I was in jr. high school (ok, college) when the first Ice Princess story went on. The writers have done their homework. For it to be 2023, and we see Victor, Laura, and Robert all involved in this again is pretty impressive in my book.

by Anonymousreply 332May 4, 2023 3:08 AM

I hate to be negative nellie, but the first Ice Princess was an epic adventure compared to this, which appears to be staged like a high school play. These shows need to stop doing stories they can no longer afford. GH rarely looks cheap, but between this mess and the Nurses Ball, it looks cheap.

by Anonymousreply 333May 4, 2023 3:16 AM

R332 That's true about Ron and Frank breathing new life into it lol and ironically he left primarily because of them (there was also the issue of Frank not willing to abide by Steve's travel schedule, back and forth from Los Angeles to Tennessee, like Jill did, which was why it was so easy for him to leave GH for Y&R where she welcomed him, along with his dissatisfaction with the writing for Jason while they were clearly trying to go for a Sam/John McBain connection).

Frank and Ron arrived in Dec. 2011/Jan. 2012 (with their material airing in Feb. 2012) while Steve didn't leave until the Fall of 2012, and he would've left sooner had his contract been up before then lol and when Steve was asked if he was renewing, he said something along the lines of "We'll see how this plays out" while he was having conversations with Jill about joining Y&R. IA that there was a creative surge from Frank and Ron from 2012-2014; 2015 was pretty bad, imo, which was the year Ron was fired.

by Anonymousreply 334May 4, 2023 3:30 AM

R332 Also lol IA that it is nice to see Laura, Robert, Victor along with other characters from the 80s, or at least have ties to them.

by Anonymousreply 335May 4, 2023 3:32 AM

R333 Lol with the exception of the Nurses Ball, I think they would be better off channeling 90's GH and doing more character driven stories/heavy romance, relationship type stories. They shouldn't really try to replicate the social issues that they tackled in the 90s however, especially the ones under the Claire Labine era, for I don't think they would be able to pull them off well. The Mike Alzheimer's was ok, other than that they're not really as gripping as they could be, like Willow's or the one about Curtis and his father, etc.

by Anonymousreply 336May 4, 2023 3:48 AM

I wasn't crazy about the original ice princess story with the Sci Fi aspect; I'm not sure Daytime TV reported on the strike and how it brought on scab writers and how it turned into the whole freezing of the world/Port Charles thing.

I agree it's not the same production values but GH is a blockbuster movie compared to that cramped shack Hope and Liam live in on B&B; Y&R needs to change its name to Crimson Lights or Sharon's Place; every scene seems to take place in the coffee shop. DAYS is uneven.

GH has the hospital, multiple restaurants, kitchens, a stable, a rooftop pool etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 337May 4, 2023 3:56 AM

Spencer is packing some heat in those Cassadine Jeans today. The bulge while he was unconscious on the floor was magnificent. Just keep him and Dex shirtless all summer !

by Anonymousreply 338May 4, 2023 3:57 AM

Spencer and Trina are no Luke and Laura. They are the worst part of this revisiting of the Ice Princess.

by Anonymousreply 339May 4, 2023 9:06 AM

All of these characters are too old to be chasing each other 40 years later. Once they threw Laura into the mix with Drew, I just couldn't...y'know? If they want to turn Spencer and Dex into IBS agents fighting the evil Cassadines, I'm fully on board BUT put Laura and Robert Scorpio in rocking chairs already. Ana's getting there.

by Anonymousreply 340May 4, 2023 10:33 AM

Laura is younger than Anna.

Soaps are in a funn6y time right now. That college group they snagged in the early 80s are 5 years short of retirement now.

Is that an audience worth going after?

Soaps never go back to the 60s or early 70s. (Maybe DAYS will make an occasional reference to the old old days.)

by Anonymousreply 341May 4, 2023 3:36 PM

R341 I think it's possibly because soaps exploded in popularity during the late 70's and throughout the 80's with that whole "adventure aspect" in regards to GH/DAYS, while Y&R/B&B were big on those strictly business/fashion stories combined with romance/camp, to a certain extent, so I think they're honestly trying to relive their glory days. However, as you stated, their audience back then are older now. Its important for them to remain relevant by bringing in new viewers without alienating their older audience, yet they sometimes seem to cater more to the older crowd, which is why they're sometimes not able to grow with their audience. The occasional references that you see on Days are because Ron is big on past history, along with their continuity department of writers, some of whom are known to draw upon their past history as well.

by Anonymousreply 342May 4, 2023 3:47 PM

I strongly believe that all the soaps should be telling quiet, character based stories. Your basic simple human emotion, good versus bad stuff. Why revisit the Ice Princess on a dollar store budget. These shows no longer have the money or time to do these types of stories justice. So it just ends up looking silly on screen.

Plus another reason why these stories worked so well is because an entire country fell in love with Luke and Laura. No matter how much some are trying to rewrite history about the icky aspects of their pairing. You had a young couple with chemistry and high stakes and location shooting. Of course people were drawn to it. I know that Twitter wants the world to think that Spencer and Trina are some type of supercouple in the making, but c'mon. They are fine for what it is, but they are not Luke and Laura. They are not even Holly and Robert. Hell, they're not even Sabrina and Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 343May 4, 2023 4:01 PM

I feel if I don't support Trina and Spencer than I'm racist.

Every time Spencer or Curtis hug Trina, I'm afraid she's going to just disappear as the tiny little thing gets lost in their massive arms.

by Anonymousreply 344May 4, 2023 4:29 PM

Kate Mansi IS NuKristina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 4, 2023 4:43 PM

Oh lordy, those GH stans over at Daytime Confidential are going to hate this.

by Anonymousreply 346May 4, 2023 5:36 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 4, 2023 6:04 PM

They've written Nina's exit story. Bye, gurl. Carly wins again.

by Anonymousreply 348May 4, 2023 6:23 PM

It's started at Daytime Confidential, the meltdowns lol someone mentioned that Kristina must have a lot of story coming up, and since Lexi lives in Europe as well, a recast was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 349May 4, 2023 7:55 PM

When Lexi left the first time in 2011, she was let go and written out by Garin Wolf, who possibly would have brought her back down the line in a more mature version, with a different actress. He didn't get the chance however Frank and Ron brought Kristina back in what they thought was a more mature version after auditioning actresses (Lexi wasn't asked back) and choosing Lindsay Morgan, although she was let go (one reason was that she couldn't keep up with the pace of daytime tv). When the idea to bring Kristina back again was brought up in 2015, it's rumored that Maurice wasn't interested in another recast, so Lexi was contacted. He shouldn't have too much of a problem this time, if it is true that Lexi informed them that she couldn't film any longer.

by Anonymousreply 350May 4, 2023 8:17 PM

Although a fan favorite, one complaint that has constantly been attributed to Kristina over the years is that she came off too babyfaced and child like lol (the same has been said of Chad Duell as well, although we already know that Maurice would raise hell if they ever tried to let Chad go 😆) Kate Mansi can bring a more adult like take on the role (she looks young too, just not as young as Lexi looks, imo lol)

by Anonymousreply 351May 4, 2023 8:25 PM

R348, I sure hope not but you may be right.

Lexi has shared in an Instagram video, that the decision for her to leave GH was 'mutually beneficial'

That's code for the show axed me but I'm going to say I wanted to go so I can save face.

by Anonymousreply 352May 5, 2023 6:05 AM

Man, this show keeps you on your toes.

First, Eileen gets thrown off a bridge.

Then, Lexi gets thrown under a bus.

by Anonymousreply 353May 5, 2023 6:06 AM

There could be another reason why Lexi's leaving, if it's not because of her primarily living outside of the U.S., nor if it's because she was let go- in order to take the character in a different direction, it could be that the "mutually beneficial" outcome came about after Lexi learned what storylines they had planned for Kristina, and she wasn't interested in playing them out lol for that has happened with actors before, so that's not unusual. Or maybe Frank wanted to scoop Kate up so she wouldn't go back to Days just in case they wanted to make her an offer again lol just guessing

by Anonymousreply 354May 6, 2023 1:31 AM

When Guza was a part of the writers striking from 2007/2008, GH went in-house and promoted Garin Wolf, Frank did the same thing at OLTL by promoting Gary Tomlin while Ron was out striking. So I'm thinking that Frank will promote some (or one) of the current writers as he if it's not Tomlin

by Anonymousreply 355May 6, 2023 1:36 AM

Correcting myself at R355 Frank will promote some (or one) of the current writers as hw if it's not Tomlin

by Anonymousreply 356May 6, 2023 1:37 AM

Plenty of fi-core soap writers to select from.

These are the ones who went fi-core in 2007-08 according to the article linked below

[quote]Listed for the WGAW were Maria Arena, Marlene Poulter Clark, John F. Cosgrove, Paula F. Cwikly, Clem Egan, Barbara J. Esensten, Jeanne M. Grunwell, Dena Higley, Mark Christopher Higley, Meg Kelly, Michelle Poteet Lisanti, Terry Meurer, Shawn Morrison, James E. Reilly, John Ridley, Hogan Sheffer, John F. Smith, Darrel R. Thomas Jr., Gary Tomlin, Janeen A. Vogelaar and Garin Wolf.

[quote]The WGAE members included Pricilla Kay Alden, James Harmon Brown, Michael Conforti, Victor Gialanella, Josh Griffith, Frances Myers and Pete T. Rich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 6, 2023 1:41 AM

Best case scenario we will get fresh takes and different directions, in a good way, for the characters if there are temp writers.

Worst case scenario it will be worse than what is written now, or Frank ends up officially writing himself 😈 😈 lol

by Anonymousreply 358May 6, 2023 1:43 AM

R357 I recognize a lot of those names. We won't see any changes onscreen until the end of June/beginning of July. Then there's also the possibility of Chris and Dan not even striking, however I really think that they are, and I'm sure that some ppl feel we need a break from them lol

by Anonymousreply 359May 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Honestly, do any of you guys want new/temp writers lol or are you happy with Chris and Dan?

by Anonymousreply 360May 6, 2023 1:50 AM

During the 1981 writers strike, the build-up of the Ice Princess storyline was playing out on screen. Gloria Monty was largely HWing the show, with an assist from Thom Racina. But that info was not known at the time

by Anonymousreply 361May 6, 2023 1:50 AM

R361 You're right, I've heard that

by Anonymousreply 362May 6, 2023 2:10 AM

So apparently, Lexi was let go like some of you had already figured lol and not only that, she's upset with the show for letting her go right before Kristina is set to embark on a new storyline that Lexi says is "deeply personal to her" because it's inspired by real life events that have happened to her, which she shared with the show. Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 363May 6, 2023 2:13 AM

r363

so it wasn't a "mutually beneficial decision"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364May 6, 2023 1:25 PM

R363 😆 😆 no no

by Anonymousreply 365May 6, 2023 2:05 PM

I'm sorry I meant R364 I was too busy laughing that I mixed up my reply. Definitely not a "mutual decision" 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 366May 6, 2023 2:06 PM

NLG must be sweating her check. She used to openly bitch about all things BTS.

by Anonymousreply 367May 6, 2023 6:06 PM

I never thought Nancy was leaving like she teased lol I think she considered it, however she's been there for going on 27 years now so I just doubted that she was ready to stop her steady income flow just yet. And yes, I like Nancy before anyone groans me and yes I also know that she's not broke.

by Anonymousreply 368May 6, 2023 11:03 PM

***RUMORS*** now these are unconfirmed, so take them with a grain of salt 😉 do whatever you want with them lol

1) In a case of art imitating life, Joss actress Eden McCoy "allegedly" cheated on her real-life boyfriend Jose San Martin with her co-star Dex actor Evan Hofer, similarly to how Joss cheated on Cameron with Dex.

2) Maurice isn't wielding his power as much as he used to in the wake of the #MeToo Movement. There was a slight resurgence of the good ol boys group he had back in the day recently with Steve Burton and Ingo Rademacher, along with Marcus Columba and Johnny Wactor, however now that they're all gone (COVID Vaccine Mandate Protocols, Scientology and their ongoing battle with Disney, etc.) Maurice is the only one left; even though he has expressed remorse for his past bad behavior, he hasn't fully apologized, and his remorse could also be an attempt to prevent any sort of backlash from the #MeToo Movement, so he has toned down his behavior somewhat to avoid being MeToo'd.

3. Hulu might not last under the Disney umbrella, therefore GH would end up on Disney plus, eventually, after ABC.

by Anonymousreply 369May 6, 2023 11:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!