Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everyone's Favorite Half-Black, Jew-ish Tubby Lying Queen: Part 5 of the George Santos Thread

Continuation of the fat liar draq queen Congressman.

Related thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 2, 2023 3:07 PM

People keep saying it was a traditional Democratic district to begin with are ignoring that the lines were redrawn before this election and it became more Republican. And it was not Republican gerrymandering. The Democrats in Albany gerrymandered all the districts so badly that a court stepped and redrew the lines. But even in the old district prior to the Democratic congressman before Santos it had been long represented by a very popular Republican Peter King who retired. But I don’t know what King’s district lines looked like. My guess is that it is. “Purple” district. If the GOP can induce King to return they might hold it.

by Anonymousreply 1February 24, 2023 10:31 PM

No, King was on the south shore. This district was represented by Steve Israel (D) and Tom Suozzi (D) since 2000 prior to being redrawn.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2023 12:24 AM

Pete King was the rep for NY-03 until 2013, not 2000. It’s a swing district that has mostly voted Democratic in the past decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2023 12:32 AM

King fucking sucked

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2023 12:35 AM

King was a decent old fashioned Republican and a union supporter.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2023 12:53 AM

King was anti-gay and voted against us whenever he could. I called his office and wrote letters in the 90s when Long Beach was still part of -03. He wrote back a very cordial letter hoping I might overlook those issues and find areas where we agreed. But I still voted against him.

On non-gay issues he was a voice of reason in the Republican Party. He voted against the Clinton impeachment and for 9-11 survivors.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2023 10:07 AM

What lie did he tell today?

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2023 6:08 PM

Perhaps not today, but back in 2017.

He was questioned by the Secret Service, so you know damn well he lied his fat ass off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2023 8:37 PM

And another protest today to boot him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2023 8:40 PM

R8 That sounds like the kind of scam our Georgie would be involved in.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2023 9:54 PM

You'd be hard-pressed to find a scam that wouldn't sound like this douchebag would be involved in.

If it's a scam of any sort, he'd be involved.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2023 10:00 PM

R8, the sleaze keeps piling up with this guy

by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2023 12:05 AM

This guy isn't just some conniving part-time drag queen grifter. He's a serious felon.

by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2023 12:33 AM

Does he have only one or two jackets?

by Anonymousreply 14February 26, 2023 7:37 AM

2 jackets and 1 pair of dumb-ass looking glasses.

by Anonymousreply 15February 26, 2023 8:46 AM

His Orlando roomie & crimin' bra Gustavo looks kind of hot in the security photo.

Old family friend for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2023 8:49 AM

He actually does look hot.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2023 1:41 PM

FINALLY! Someone in the Democratic corner is starting think!

Help Georgie bring them ALL down

Billboards aren't enough though. Democrats have to come up with a fantastic ground operation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2023 6:04 PM

Good for them!

They absolutely should make him the face of that party everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2023 6:19 PM

But he is not the face of the GOP. To do that R19 would be mere propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2023 7:31 PM

Pointing out a liar, criminal, thief, and corrupt person whose crimes his own party actively ignores and by extension accepts is "mere propaganda"?

No. He should be held up as the paragon for repig values.

by Anonymousreply 21February 27, 2023 7:39 PM

Yes he's guilty but the Party is not.

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2023 7:57 PM

Wow, I thought he was a Na'vi.

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2023 8:02 PM

Right, R20/R22--because the GOP would NEVER make a blanket accusation against all Democrats by holding up one of their own as the face of its party.

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2023 8:07 PM

Just like the GOP WOULD NEVER be yelling and screaming every day that Democrats were doing nothing to remove said corrupt lying congressman from Congress if the shoe were on the other foot.

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2023 8:11 PM

The GOP IS collectively guilty of not removing him from Congress for everything he's done. They have the numbers to and they won't. Please don't waste your time pearl clutching that it's unfair to say Santos is not the face of a corrupt party, because he is and they are.

by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2023 8:16 PM

[quote] that it's unfair to say Santos is the face of a corrupt party

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2023 8:18 PM

R26 is right. They could pressure him to resign but they're not doing that.

And there are Republicans like Elise Stefanik who endorsed him, too, and are still standing by him

by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2023 8:20 PM

[quote]Yes he's guilty but the Party is not.

When his party admits as much and makes efforts to remove him from his ill-gotten seat, THEN I'll believe they're not guilty either. Until that time, however, they are just as complicit in this mess.

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2023 8:54 PM

The GOP is 100% complicit.

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2023 9:11 PM

R22, the GOP is 100% guilty. They knew about his lies when he was campaigning yet did nothing. Now everyone knows about his lies and corruption and the party is refusing to remove him from Congress. He really is the face of the party.

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2023 9:20 PM

McCarthy went in as the Speaker knowing this guy lied his ass off and totally misled the district's constituents, and McCarthy said and did nothing. And still does nothing. McCarthy is literally the face of the House GOP. One-hundred-percent complicit and corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 32February 27, 2023 9:25 PM

From the article at r18:

[quote]Santos has recently been telling people [bold]he is considering running for a second term,[/bold] according to multiple Republican sources, after previously signaling to Republicans he wouldn’t seek reelection.

There was no doubt in our collective minds here that he was lying when he acquiesced to the party by saying he wouldn't run again. He's so full of shit it's no surprise his eyes are brown.

by Anonymousreply 33February 27, 2023 9:42 PM

Once again Republicans show they'll do absolutely anything for power. Santos is a ghetto swindler, but he's right at home. He's just the crook to trust with the republican "agenda". If it wasn't so dangerous, it would be comical.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2023 4:21 AM

He's talking about running for a second term so he can "legally" charge expenses to the campaign, which he's done already.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2023 4:50 AM

Andy Ogles (the other one)

He'll get away with all of his mess too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2023 10:30 AM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2023 10:13 PM

Weird I was told I reached my monthly free article limit. But it's March 2. I have not been reading NY Magazine. ^

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2023 10:16 PM

R38, here's the article unpaywalled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2023 10:20 PM

Thanks, R39. I'm reading the article now. Clearly these are all people who hold no scruples, ethics, or morals. This is a group of people where only fame is the objective and it is obvious to me that they are all of the reality TV culture. From the article;

[quote]Sitting beside Santos, smirking, is his bald and bearded 31-year-old “director of operations.” His name is Vish Burra. He’s a former drug dealer from Staten Island who, while he worked for Steve Bannon, was the guy you went through if you wanted to check out the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop. He also did crisis comms for Matt Gaetz, and, along with Santos, was part of a mini-MAGA cabal that took over the New York Young Republican Club. The club is run by Burra and Santos’s buddy, Gavin Wax.

This is good...

[quote]When he isn’t in Washington working on Capitol Hill for Santos, Burra lives here at home with his parents, in Rosebank.

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2023 11:22 PM

Damn, what kind of a lowlife works for Matt Gaetz, Steve Bannon, AND George Santos?

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2023 11:23 PM

R41, someone who hates all human life.

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2023 11:25 PM

[quote]His name is Vish Burra. He’s a former drug dealer from Staten Island

His name is Vish Burra. He’s a drug dealer from Staten Island

Fixded!

by Anonymousreply 43March 3, 2023 1:12 AM

R41, the Republican Party is full of lowlifes.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2023 7:24 AM

It's simply all about trying to get fame.

Tweeted by NY Republicans and then retweeted by Vish Burra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Stolen lapdogs sold by Santos in a fake animal charity scam?

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2023 11:38 AM

Surely you've heard of that little tidbit, ElderLez r46.

by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Yes, seems an odd choice of words in that tweet under the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2023 1:12 PM

Oh, OK, I gotcha, hun. I didn't think you hadn't heard about it, but wanted to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2023 1:13 PM

Re: the NYMag article. Meh… I had high hopes for a challenging write-up but it’s just a Republican puff piece. The Burra guy seems like another Bannon, McInnes, etc.

They only seem to interview vapid, GOP insiders who praise Santos, “Oh he’s throwing it back in their face! He’s got plans!” (Heard it before! That’s what they all say) No actual specifics.

Plus they make that “party” at the beginning seem like some kind of glamorous banger, “Santos holds court…” LOL! But then you look at the photos and it looks like Sunday dinner at the local cafeteria with your grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote]Re: the NYMag article. Meh… I had high hopes for a challenging write-up but it’s just a Republican puff piece. LOL! But then you look at the photos and it looks like Sunday dinner at the local cafeteria with your grandparents.

There's that idiom of "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 4, 2023 10:28 AM

Stop at 1:18 to get a good sense and overview of the audience...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 7, 2023 1:14 PM

Ya see? This is why the rule of law is dead and these people will get away with this. God forbid if you're a person of color and is caught with a joint. Your life is ruined. Willingly lying to the court, to the Judge, and a catalyst for the overthrow of an election and government, simply gets you censured...

[quote]Michael Melito, an attorney for Ellis, told CNN in a statement, “My client remains a practicing attorney in good standing in the State of Colorado. In a very heated political climate, we have secured that correct outcome.”

What a joke!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 9, 2023 6:14 PM

A censure is a very serious matter and can have an extremely deleterious effect on your life and career.

by Anonymousreply 54March 9, 2023 6:17 PM

Could you provide examples of lawyers who experience deleterious effects upon their lives after being censured? Or is your comment sarcasm?

[quote]Public or private censure is a reprimand by a body administering the ethics rules. Some refer to this as a “slap on the wrist,” but clients MIGHT BE INCLINED to find alternate representation if they know their attorney was censured.

by Anonymousreply 55March 9, 2023 6:24 PM

Um, r55, did you even bother to check the signature box?

by Anonymousreply 56March 9, 2023 7:03 PM

Unfuckingbelieveable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 9, 2023 10:57 PM

Wow, what cons hasn't this guy pulled?

by Anonymousreply 58March 9, 2023 11:06 PM

Apparently, his attorney in Brazil is a convicted murderer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 9, 2023 11:16 PM

He’s a winner! The most corrupt politician in American history. New York Number One!

by Anonymousreply 60March 9, 2023 11:21 PM

R60, he’s probably not even in the running for the most corrupt but he may be the politician who has committed the greatest variety of crimes, and in a short span of time, too.

by Anonymousreply 61March 9, 2023 11:29 PM

Jesus Christ! When will this cunt be indicted?

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2023 12:12 AM

His care for a fantom pet fish reveals his true animal-loving nature.

Luckily for George, he was never evicted from a Kushner owned property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2023 9:21 AM

Deadbeat tenant with a fake fish tank. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2023 4:35 PM

[quote]His care for a fantom pet fish

Is that anything like a goldfish?

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2023 6:42 PM

I read the article in R57 last night, same day that it was published. I think Santos is finished as a public figure. The article has the ring of truth and there are secondary witnesses who can back it up. I think Santos will be out of Congress within a week, by next Friday, at the latest. Faced with that kind of criminality, even the Republikunts will have to drive him out toot sweet. He's in serious legal trouble.

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2023 7:16 PM

[quote]toot sweet.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2023 7:20 PM

When the money leads to Russia, NO ONE in the media/ DOJ/FBI congress, any other normal person, I suppose, wants to follow it.

Mueller..... Mueller....Mueller?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2023 7:21 PM

R67, it was a joke, dickbreath.

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2023 7:49 PM

Are you really using dickbreath as an insult?

On a gay board?

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2023 7:56 PM

Filed paperwork to allow him to raise money for reelection

Despite claiming he wouldn't run again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 14, 2023 6:21 PM

[quote]I read the article in [R57] last night, same day that it was published. I think Santos is finished as a public figure. The article has the ring of truth and there are secondary witnesses who can back it up. I think Santos will be out of Congress within a week, by next Friday, at the latest. Faced with that kind of criminality, even the Republikunts will have to drive him out toot sweet. He's in serious legal trouble.

Dream on.

by Anonymousreply 72March 14, 2023 6:38 PM

When it comes to legal jeopardy, he is in trouble, R72. Would YOU like the FBI, Congress, the state of New York, and Brazil investigating your finances and criminal charges brought against you?

by Anonymousreply 73March 14, 2023 6:54 PM

r73 My point is that it's only a few days until your deadline ("next Friday at the latest"), and NOTHING is happening to get him removed from office by then.

by Anonymousreply 74March 14, 2023 7:08 PM

R74, I'm not the poster you were responding to.

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2023 7:14 PM

[quote]Filed paperwork to allow him to raise money for reelection Despite claiming he wouldn't run again

And this surprises who?

If one didn't know that the guy was lying when he said that he would never run again is only a reflection on you. This is why I feel that Santos will get away with this. Who cares about if he is running or not! Put the notice out that everyone is watching the money and who the donors are. Donors will donate at their own risk.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote] This is why I feel that Santos will get away with this.

So, R76, you think the NY State Attorney General, the District Attorney for Nassau County, the Queens District Attorney, the Federal Election Commission, the Justice Department, the House Ethics Committee, and Brazil are all going to let him slide? I think not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2023 7:57 PM

^Until I see him taken away in handcuffs anything is possible

by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2023 8:00 PM

No, not all that is, R78. People here seem to think federal and state criminal investigations (especially regarding things like campaign finance fraud) should be handled within a month.

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2023 8:02 PM

Musto is having fun with his tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 14, 2023 8:17 PM

He's an illiterate asshole.

(Santos, not Musto.)

by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2023 8:25 PM

R71, I'm not surprised he is trying to run again. Santos has learned from Trump and others that you can often run out the clock. It takes years for investigations to go anywhere and in the meantime these guys are able to get away with a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 82March 15, 2023 7:30 AM

Good point R82. If indictments/ convictions don’t get him, the voters in New York will. This Queens’ days are numbered.

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2023 7:51 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of the reasons Trump 's in the running for POTUS again is precisely this? Both grifters want to use campaign funds to "legally" fund their defense and it's actually legal?

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Isn't Santos required by the FEC to have a campaign treasurer before he can raise any money?

Has he actually found someone who's willing to admit to taking the job?

by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2023 8:15 AM

Trump is certainly counting on legions of outraged Deeplorables to shield and save him from the jaws of the law, which I hope grind him up into a greasy orange pulp before vomiting him all over the ground. Santos HAS NO supporters. How many votes does anyone believe the guy could reasonably count on in a future election? (The answer is close to ZERO).

by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote]No, not all that is, [R78]. People here seem to think federal and state criminal investigations (especially regarding things like campaign finance fraud) should be handled within a month.

Look I get you and I tend to be more like you. I tend to believe that good will triumph over evil and that right will win against wrong, but... these Republicans and today's current political environment are testing my core and fundamental values and beliefs! It is not as if evil and criminals have not walked away unscathed in this country before. Just refer to the Civil War and all those who got away without any consequences. Or the so many laws that have been written and passed to get someone off and avoid consequences. On and on...

by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2023 2:52 PM

State and federal investigations into Santos about his campaign finances are not controlled by Republicans and can't just be dismissed, R87. Not to mention in two years' time, he will be gone from office. He will never win a reelection bid. He is despised by both Reublicans and Democrats alike in his (mostly Democratic) district.

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2023 3:53 PM

The latest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2023 7:04 PM

[quote] Not to mention in two years' time, he will be gone from office. He will never win a reelection bid. He is despised by both Reublicans and Democrats alike in his (mostly Democratic) district.

I'm old enough to recall similar things being said about George Wallace...

by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2023 9:56 PM

George Wallace had his fans. Santos doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2023 10:15 PM

R89 Imbeciles with that much money deserve Santos.

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote]I'm old enough to recall similar things being said about George Wallace...

What'd I do??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 15, 2023 10:34 PM

R91 yes, George Wallace had more than fans, he had a base, white Southerners and white racist working class everywhere. So, he spoke for others, as reprehensible as that was. Santos is entirely a self serving grifter.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2023 9:17 AM

David Pakman discusses the NYT story on Santos brokering a yacht deal:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2023 7:45 AM

David Pakman discusses George Santos's credit card skimming operation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 17, 2023 7:58 AM

[quote]I read the article in [R57] last night, same day that it was published. I think Santos is finished as a public figure. The article has the ring of truth and there are secondary witnesses who can back it up. I think Santos will be out of Congress within a week, by next Friday, at the latest. Faced with that kind of criminality, even the Republikunts will have to drive him out toot sweet. He's in serious legal trouble.

Would you like to re-think that prediction?

by Anonymousreply 97March 17, 2023 1:23 PM

A house could fall on him. He's going to last at least through 2023

by Anonymousreply 98March 17, 2023 7:26 PM

OK,OK!! Killing myself NOW!! -R66

by Anonymousreply 99March 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Don't do that, r99. You'll miss the show.

Even Nostradamus missed some.

by Anonymousreply 100March 17, 2023 10:39 PM

Here he reviews the new Space Force suit! Looks like he finally got a new sports jacket and too tight pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2023 2:28 PM

He must be loving all the current media distractions!

by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2023 2:34 PM

Those pants at r100 look cheap af.

by Anonymousreply 103March 24, 2023 2:50 PM

Brazilian prosecutors agree to plea deal in bad-check case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 24, 2023 7:08 PM

[quote]"I am not a criminal here -- not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world. Absolutely not. That didn't happen," he said at the time.

This guy is a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 105March 24, 2023 7:37 PM

^ So now that he cut a deal where he admitted to stealing....can we throw him out?

by Anonymousreply 106March 24, 2023 7:39 PM

McCarthy will come up with a different excuse. Remember, he said "he hasn't been convicted of anything, right?" when asked if they'd expel him.

Now he'll say some bullshit like, "he hasn't been convicted of anything in the United States, right?" They have no shame.

by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2023 7:48 PM

And another Friday goes by, R57 ....

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2023 11:36 PM

[quote] Santos is now gainfully employed and "re-socialized."

Re-socialized as a lying sack of shit. Congress is increasingly a fucking clown show.

He should have been on MTG's field trip to the D.C. jail, but probably would have been too much of a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 109March 25, 2023 7:30 AM

OH! Look at what "they" have found!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 5, 2023 7:12 PM

[quote]Curry served two tours in Afghanistan and was formerly a vice president at JP Morgan, according to his campaign bio.

Oh, big deal. I did three tours. And I was also VP at JP Morgan AND Bank of America. At the same time!

by Anonymousreply 111April 5, 2023 7:19 PM

I want to see more videos of this sniveling little shit getting drummed out of the city yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 112April 5, 2023 7:20 PM

I don't want to see him primaried and lose. I want to see him frogmarched right off the Capitol floor in handcuffs.

by Anonymousreply 113April 5, 2023 7:21 PM

How about both, R113?

by Anonymousreply 114April 5, 2023 7:23 PM

So, does anyone know if girlfriend, R110 is gay or straight? I'm thinking gay. This will be the fight of the QUEENS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115April 5, 2023 7:26 PM

Gay bottom

(and there is NOTHING wrong with that!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 5, 2023 7:27 PM

I'll take that, r114.

by Anonymousreply 117April 5, 2023 8:15 PM

Surprise. Surprise...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 18, 2023 2:15 AM

Grifters be griftin' Not like he has many other options.

by Anonymousreply 119April 18, 2023 2:19 AM

Ha!

He's in the red. Let's keep him there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 19, 2023 9:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahh, another feel good story. I love feel good stories.

by Anonymousreply 121April 19, 2023 11:25 PM

R120 Love that Farron guy's meat paws.

by Anonymousreply 122April 20, 2023 6:05 AM

More drama:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Indicted on federal charges!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 9, 2023 9:43 PM

R124, the charges will be unsealed tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 9, 2023 9:46 PM

Delicious news. I’m stuffed just listening to it. McCarthy will ignore the charges/ indictments, UNTIL God willing, we get a conviction. Then it’s checkmate, motherfucker. Santos will be bounced, and a special election will be called.

by Anonymousreply 126May 9, 2023 11:11 PM

Without Santos the speakership is back up for grabs.

by Anonymousreply 127May 9, 2023 11:15 PM

How so, Google tells me 222 Republican, 213 Democrats in the House. The Republicans can afford to lose one. Are you claiming there will then be a Speaker challenge from within the Republican caucus, R127? ,

by Anonymousreply 128May 9, 2023 11:24 PM

Yes R128 McCarthy only had a one vote margin when he was finally elected on the 15th ballot and the revised house rules allow for any single member to call for a new vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 9, 2023 11:31 PM

Which just goes to show, McCarthy wasn’t meant to be speaker. I hope his bowels are in twisted like a pretzel. Charges to be read tomorrow. Must see TV.

by Anonymousreply 130May 9, 2023 11:43 PM

It would be an interesting development if the speakership of the house goes into disarray during the debt limit negotiation. It would certainly increase the grounds for Biden to invoke the 14th amendment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 9, 2023 11:52 PM

I guess Kitara MUST be an American citizen to have been elected in the first place. Is he also a citizen of Brazil? Can't he just roll on out to the airport and leave all this trouble behind? He's obviously in bed with some bigtime Latino criminals, won't they payroll his escape? Wouldn't everyone be better off if he did? If he gets indicted does he HAVE to resign? So the Gov. there gets to appoint a Democratic successor to serve out the rest of his term? Sorry to be asking so many questions...

by Anonymousreply 132May 10, 2023 12:27 AM

You have to a citizen but not born in the US to serve in Congress. Surprisingly (to no one) his birthplace (Queens or Brazil) is not clear and whether he has dual citizenship is also unclear. I am guessing if he is a US citizen his birthplace is the county and borough of Queens in the City of New York.

by Anonymousreply 133May 10, 2023 12:33 AM

R132, he’s always been free to run away, but he loves the spotlight. He’s living his dream. The criminals he may be involved with are likely Russian. He does not have to resign if indicted; he has to be removed by the House. I think there would be a special election if that happened, but am too lazy to confirm that.

by Anonymousreply 134May 10, 2023 12:39 AM

^Now that he is facing very credible threats of incarceration, he obviously has a real incentive to flee the country. -R132

by Anonymousreply 135May 10, 2023 1:37 AM

R135, it may be that he has stayed in office so that he can offer to resign following an indictment. His job is his bargaining chip.

by Anonymousreply 136May 10, 2023 1:43 AM

If the Feds have him on a provable financial crime, they likely won't let him just walk off.

by Anonymousreply 137May 10, 2023 1:46 AM

So, Santos pled "not guilty"

BUT

Who are the THREE (3) people who put up his $500K bond???

by Anonymousreply 138May 10, 2023 7:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 10, 2023 9:14 PM

Oooooh, yum, so manly.

by Anonymousreply 140May 10, 2023 9:16 PM

Oh, Georgie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 10, 2023 10:37 PM

The fat lady sings!

She's had enough and therefore she's outta here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 18, 2023 10:50 AM

Stinky link

by Anonymousreply 143May 18, 2023 11:00 AM

Try this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 18, 2023 11:08 AM

His spokesperson has resigned.

“Unfortunately, you never took one point of professional advice given.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 18, 2023 11:18 AM

Hope everyone who works for him resigns

by Anonymousreply 146May 18, 2023 6:06 PM

It does not look good on your resume to say you worked for this cunt.

by Anonymousreply 147May 18, 2023 11:03 PM

[quote]Hope everyone who works for him resigns

It's my hope that everyone who worked for him is unemployable. Remember, they applied for these positions after he won his election. They weren't assigned.

by Anonymousreply 148May 18, 2023 11:07 PM

Jumping ship!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2023 2:43 AM

I'm pleading insanity, I suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder that was triggered by my mom's tragic death on Sept. 11

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2023 2:45 AM

Still lying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 29, 2023 1:35 AM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 31, 2023 12:25 PM

Regrets? Or, revealing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 31, 2023 7:08 PM

Did a Chinese billionaire fund Santos' bail?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 2, 2023 12:28 AM

No mystery bond provider is going to keep this cunt from prison.

by Anonymousreply 155June 2, 2023 12:19 PM

Will shady Chinese and Russia guys pay for his lawyers, too?

by Anonymousreply 156June 2, 2023 4:42 PM

Begs the court not to reveal who paid his bail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 6, 2023 2:36 AM

HA! Fatty loses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 6, 2023 4:57 PM

It will be DELICIOUS if it comes out that this was the group that put up the money!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 6, 2023 5:51 PM

It would take a lot of those basic bitches to raise $500k, R159. I think it's some kind of dark money donor(s) or Russians.

by Anonymousreply 160June 6, 2023 6:15 PM

But these are not basic bitches. It's China and that very rich Chinese guy (who is in jail right now) that backs (or have backed) Steve Bannon and numerous misinformation websites and other outlets.

by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2023 6:22 PM

Well, whoever it is, we'll find out.

by Anonymousreply 162June 6, 2023 6:22 PM

It's getting hot in here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2023 9:36 PM

Why do they keep moving the goalposts? He failed to meet the deadline, said he rather go to jail. Do him like you'd do anyone not wearing an AR15 pin and sitting in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2023 1:24 PM

They had until Monday. Now, they have until Friday. Not really a flash. Wake us up when something happens.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2023 1:25 PM

Good, however he'll wait until 11:59am on Friday then appeal hence dragging this out further. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2023 1:26 PM

George Santos is about to lose that bail money. He's not going to win appeal. Even Congress has asked for the names to disclosed. Not just media. George Santos is going to jail. When Friday arrives, there will be the zero dollars of $500,000 bail for George Santos.

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2023 1:27 PM

It’s become too easy to play dodgeball with our legal system for people in power.

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2023 1:28 PM

R167 Nice fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2023 1:28 PM

Not a fantasy at all, R167. You think they're going to cowtow around THIS asshole? Let him appeal at the last minute, he will lose the appeal. And eventually he will do jail time. He's a nothing in the scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2023 1:37 PM

At the end of the day, if he appeals at the last minute, he will lose the appeal. Then he will renege on his promise to willingly go to jail and the names will be published.

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2023 1:41 PM

R168 And the media dramatically report on every move for clicks. Having the situation reach an actual conclusion is bad for business.

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2023 1:45 PM

I’ll believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2023 1:46 PM

Drudge loves posting unflattering photos of George.

In every photo he looks like a hysterical queen surprised first thing in the morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2023 1:50 PM

As for delaying anything by the appeal, not really. He will appeal by Friday, and they will uphold the original judge's decision on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2023 1:57 PM

Pretending to be offended by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 8, 2023 5:15 AM

[quote]It’s become too easy to play dodgeball with our legal system for people in power.

Agreed. Why does the legal system allow people to run out the clock? Trump has been doing it for years.

by Anonymousreply 177June 8, 2023 7:52 AM

R176 Oh come ON! Lying through his fake teeth!

by Anonymousreply 178June 8, 2023 1:32 PM

He’s got serious psych problems. Not the type that inspire any sympathy.

And, oh, yes… he’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 179June 8, 2023 3:59 PM

Look at the photo he chose for his Twitter avatar! Says it all.

by Anonymousreply 180June 8, 2023 5:32 PM

He's now claiming "family members" put up his bail.

by Anonymousreply 181June 9, 2023 11:28 PM

[quote]He's now claiming "family members" put up his bail.

And where did they get the money from?

by Anonymousreply 182June 10, 2023 12:35 AM

To be fair the full wording was organized crime family; family is just shorthand.

by Anonymousreply 183June 10, 2023 12:40 AM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 184June 10, 2023 4:22 AM

He gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 185June 10, 2023 4:30 AM

Yeah… he has a serial killer’s gaze.

by Anonymousreply 186June 10, 2023 12:52 PM

When will the bail polls be outed? I know he appealed, but when the NYT sues, they tend to succeed.

by Anonymousreply 187June 10, 2023 4:20 PM

^^^ bail contributors be outed?

by Anonymousreply 188June 10, 2023 4:35 PM

It was unsecured so they neither had to put out $500k or put up any collateral. by what I’ve read, it sounds like it would cost 15% or $75k.

by Anonymousreply 189June 10, 2023 4:38 PM

He's so concerned about protecting integrity, doncha know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 15, 2023 12:45 AM

Judge will reveal who paid his bond.

Wanna place bets? I'm voting for shady Russian and Chinese oligarchs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2023 1:10 AM

Where did his retired construction worker/house painter father and his aunt get the money to bail Kitara out, hmmmmm?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 22, 2023 4:39 PM

^ What Russian oligarch gave them the money?

by Anonymousreply 193June 22, 2023 4:51 PM

I don't think Russian oligarchs are bthering to fund or bail out some queen grifter running for a House seat from NYC. I think the grift is coming from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 194June 22, 2023 4:53 PM

I was listening to the author who is writing a book about Santos, called The Fabulist.

He said George and dad had a strained relationship. Once when George was moving in with a roommate, George’s father warned the roommate about his son.

by Anonymousreply 195June 22, 2023 5:36 PM

[quote]He said George and dad had a strained relationship. Once when George was moving in with a roommate, George’s father warned the roommate about his son

And yet the father puts up bail money?

Nuh-Uh....

There's more to this and Santos is right. The investigative press needs to get to work on this!

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]His bond was guaranteed by Gercino dos Santos Jr. and Elma Santos Preven, who Santos first told ABC News' Rachel Scott are his father and his aunt.

Okay. Let's get to work!

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2023 6:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 25, 2023 11:14 AM

R198, he is living in denial. If so much of the reporting is untrue, as he claims, why didn't he sue or publicly debunk those claims?

by Anonymousreply 199June 25, 2023 4:51 PM

Compares himself to Rosa Parks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 11, 2023 6:45 PM

He raised TOO MUCH money, IMHO...

George Santos’ campaign paid him $85,000 this quarter

The payments were designed to pay the congress member back for loans he previously made to his campaign.

The campaign of embattled Rep. George Santos, who is facing federal indictment on fraud and money laundering charges, paid the congressmember $85,000 in the second quarter of this year.

Though the New York representative says he is running for reelection, he spent virtually nothing on campaigning.

The payments the campaign made to Santos stemmed from hundreds of thousands of dollars that the congressmember previously loaned to his campaign. Those loans had sparked questions about how Santos had so much money to lend his political efforts. Previous reports with the Federal Election Commission indicated Santos had loaned the campaign $715,000, although his latest report indicated he was now owed only $530,000.

The loan repayments accounted for more than 60 percent of the $133,000 that Santos reported raising in the second quarter. The first-term congressmember, who lied about much of his biography prior to his election last year, reported having $55,000 cash on hand in his principal campaign committee.

His fundraising was driven primarily by donors who gave the maximum $3,300, his filing shows. Among those who maxed out to the congressmember included individuals who listed their professions as “student” and “housewife” and “parttime job/casher (sic).”

The latest filing with the federal commission also included an unusual note stating that the campaign intended to report accurate totals based on “incomplete” historical data.

Santos’ campaign previously lost money during the first quarter, as refunds issued exceeded new contributions received. Nonetheless, the beleaguered New York congressmember announced in April that he planned to seek reelection.

He was indicted in May on charges including wire fraud and theft of public funds. Prosecutors allege he asked a New York political consultant to solicit donations ostensibly in support of his congressional campaign that were actually transferred to his personal bank accounts.

Santos also allegedly received unemployment benefits in 2020 despite holding a job, and is accused of making false statements on mandatory personal financial disclosures filed during his first congressional campaign.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has not called on Santos to resign in light of the charges but said he should not run for reelection.

Filings earlier this week indicated Santos was in the process of terminating at least two joint fundraising committees that brought in money for his campaign last cycle.

His fundraising this quarter foretells a difficult path to reelection — particularly as he faces challengers from both parties. Kellen Curry, who has filed to run in the Long Island district as a Republican, said earlier in the week that he had raised more than $200,000 across his campaign and a leadership PAC from April through June.

Half a dozen Democrats have also filed to run against Santos, with the party seeing a possible pickup opportunity in a district Biden won in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 5, 2023 1:36 PM

So....

The Santos campaign (and Republicans) all knew a year before the election about the lies and Georgie refused to drop out of the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202September 7, 2023 1:42 AM

He’ll be tossed out on his fat ass in a little more than a year.

by Anonymousreply 203September 7, 2023 2:49 AM

Fat Girl (Naysa Woomer--former Santos Press Secretary) was interviewed on Ari Melber tonight. Me thinks that she can't get a job and went on the program in attempts of clearing her name.

by Anonymousreply 204September 8, 2023 10:44 PM

Well, he's quick with retorts...

Jamie Raskin @jamie_raskin 1h

Waiting for the vote and I reminded Jared Moskowitz that there was never so much chaos in the House when George Santos was Speaker.

Jared went over to Santos to tell him that and Santos said, “That’s why I don’t want to be Speaker again.”

by Anonymousreply 205October 3, 2023 7:53 PM

Guuurl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 11, 2023 12:27 AM

Mary is going to Jail!

by Anonymousreply 207October 11, 2023 1:14 AM

Here's the full indictment from the Eastern District of New York:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 11, 2023 6:58 AM

Buh, bye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 26, 2023 1:43 PM

And of course it failed to expel him.

SMH.

by Anonymousreply 210November 2, 2023 1:36 PM

I don't know, R210. I agree with the decision. While I want Santos out, he is innocent until proven guilty. The best way (IMHO) to get rid of him on his own is to put pressure on anyone that donates to his campaign. If there is no money, there isn't much that he can do to get re-elected and hopefully he will be voted out. However, once there is a guilty conviction, and if he is still in office, then it's time to revisit expulsion.

by Anonymousreply 211November 2, 2023 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!