Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

by Anonymousreply 598February 15, 2023 12:23 PM

Kit, Will, Yaz at LFW, Joe at NYFW?

Bringing this over from the last thread because I’m into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2023 9:53 PM

R1 I like casual Kit. I think I’m in the minority but I think his groomer puts him in too much make up. He’s got such nice skin they should go easier. Seems like he’s just come from home here - he looks good

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2023 9:56 PM

R2 Pretty sure you’re right, it looks like Brady was doing his own thing and his outfit looks like he put it together from what he already owns.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2023 10:01 PM

He does look quite good there. Think he left the facial hair long to cover up some previous razor burn. Or does our perfect boy have (gasp) acne?

I agree Brady goes overboard with the makeup and his copycat hair. He should stick with Sorcha.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2023 10:01 PM

Pedo thread

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2023 10:01 PM

Bash went a movie screening tonight. Guess he's off his social media break

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2023 10:37 PM

R6 but still no love for Alice? Maybe things are frosty

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2023 10:46 PM

I mean if we can make a feud between Bradley and Bash we can make one between Alice too. Bash stopped liking her posts and leaving comments in early Dec. The last ones he liked had Joe in them

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2023 10:52 PM

R8 I wonder if their total lack of support for he or his boyfriend started grating awhile ago. Photo evidence seems like they didn’t bother to attend his party

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2023 11:02 PM

Hard to judge since most of her shit in the last few months is just grifting and rereleases of old stuff. Though he did used to like/comment on a lot of her posts

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2023 11:08 PM

I don’t know how tall Kit is. I assume he is pretty tall though, he never looks that tall in photos. I imagine because he is standing next to other tall people. Anyways, he looks tall in that photo. He looks good, just missing the glasses for me.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2023 11:11 PM

I think it's mostly inactivity. I don't think Bash liked any of the BAFTA posts and those kind of Heartstopper group posts are things he'd normally be all over. That being said, I support a Bash/Alice feud. Someone needs to take Bradley's place as Enemy #1 now that Joe's proposed to him.

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2023 11:23 PM

R9 I have to say I am now seriously considering if there really has been a cooling off I noticed at the time Alice wasn’t at Bash’s party.

I do not think it would be because of lack of public support there has obviously been some kind of agreement for no one to acknowledge and escalate the really irrational bullying Joe and Bash has had but maybe there has been a lack of private support from her? I think it is worth bearing in mind she is the original chronically online uptight fan girl the others followed and she has shown clear signs of caring way too much what that small loud corner of psycho fans say in the past. She also has a manifestly fragile ego. And the Mason interaction really sticks in my craw I just do not believe any of them were oblivious to what they did and if Alice is not concerned at their extreme and really unpleasant behaviour not just towards Bash but young fans as well it really does not say much for her moral compass.

It could be anything or nothing but DL’s over active imagination but I now have some interest in whether she is seen socially with Joe and Bash again

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2023 11:23 PM

I initially wrote off Alice’s lack of attendance as a combination of “exhaustion” and not wanting to travel to anything that doesn’t get her paid, doesn’t she live outside of London? Did Patrick or any of the other producers go? Maybe they’re belatedly establishing boundaries between the cast and the higher-ups.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2023 11:28 PM

R14 I think Patrick was there

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2023 11:30 PM

I'm surprised she didn't go to Bash's party too. Bash and Joe traveled to see her and they hung out in NY together. The seemed personally close. Though that was during her dramatic break, so you never know with her

Though Connor seems to adore Alice more than anyone

R14 Someone will correct me, but I'm almost sure Patrick went?

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2023 11:30 PM

Alice and Baby Queen were the two most glaring Heartstopper-related absences to me.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2023 11:31 PM

R16 Patrick did indeed go to the party another reason I was surprised Alice didn’t and he also liked or retweeted something supporting Bash in one of the recent flare ups. Previously Alice and Patrick have seemed very close and their relationship goes back some years it will be even more interesting to note if that has changed

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2023 11:37 PM

The primary reason I doubt a Bash/Alice issue is because Joe would be unlikely to repost the article if there was something going on there. He has been overallI inactive for two weeks or so, including missing a lot of his mates’ posts, this is likely just that continued

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2023 11:44 PM

I don't remember where Alice lives, but it's hardly a long train ride to go to London. Bash and Joe went this summer to hang out with her one weekend

R17 Baby Queen and the cast seem to have cooled off, though could be nothing personal. Kinda admirable she's not clinging to HS.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2023 11:44 PM

R18 Patrick would be the person taking direction from Netflix and trying to keep both parties happy. Alice’s original deal was with See Saw and I assumed they made a deal with Netflix and Alice retained the terms of her deal with them (scripts etc.). That would be a very hard line for him to walk

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2023 11:45 PM

R19 While true, Joe always will repost crap related to HS for the most part. That's the only thing he likes on her IG too. With him it's hard to judge. I mean I seriously doubt they are enemies or anything, but could just not be all that friendly anymore. Alice is so self absorbed that she could have declined the party due to stress or something.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2023 11:46 PM

R22 oh to be clear, I doubt they’re as close as they used to be, but I think that’s likely more just general drifting than any issue. I have admittedly wondered if Alice has some minor issue or resentment with Joe or Kit. It seems more likely the show is ending after 3 seasons, given her constant whining about the stress, need to finish volume 5 soon, and the shuffling of some storylines to be in S2. And I have a sense it is probably Kit and Joe who would be the forces bowing out of a fourth season. Seems like something Alice might see as a “betrayal” and yes I am projecting hard here.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2023 11:55 PM

R20 For sure it isn't a long train ride, but this is Alice. Everything and anything overwhelm her.

R23 I wouldn't be surprised. She's been weird about Joe and Kit on some level here and there. Apart from what's already been mentioned regarding Joe, I still remember that over the summer she shared everyone's new projects when they were announced, but treated Kit's Cuban Girl's Guide announcement as an afterthought.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2023 12:04 AM

R23 true. They probably just can’t commit. I wonder if they have tried to shift filming up as well, so scripts are due earlier.

I really think it’s possible S2 is going to be awful. Obviously anything with Kit and Joe will have their charm and their chemistry to carry them through but giving too much story to inexperienced actors is never a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2023 12:04 AM

She’d have to be a total ass to be resentful of the two teenagers that carried her shitty writing to an Emmy win and financial windfall. I wouldn’t put it past her.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2023 12:09 AM

Also not sure if Bash would actually hold a grudge about this, though he would deserve to, but worth noting that Ben coming back for S2 is fully Alice’s decision and he got ENDLESS shit for it. Given Alice normally throws tantrums about her artistic vision or needing time of Twitter for every critique she gets, including fairly valid ones about knowing nothing about the POC characters she writes, her total silence and unwillingness to “defend” her decision to have Ben back was already weird, but is especially shitty as it’s the only one of her “artistic decisions” that actually has repercussions on anyone besides her, and Bash was shouldering the brunt of the hate. As though a 20 year old actor with a minor role and an Amazon prime movie could force Alice into bringing him back

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2023 12:10 AM

R26 I think she’s the type to (again projecting) see it the other way around, as her writing and casting carrying them to their success. Especially Joe who had no experience before the show and did seem genuinely close to her. Honestly her not going to Bash’s party didn’t really raise an eyebrow for me given it was close to the holidays, but I was intrigued that from what we saw, she didn’t see Connor either time he visited in the fall. Obviously he doesn’t have an issue with her, but it was still intriguing.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2023 12:12 AM

R24 I always felt like she was a bit cooler with Kit in terms of sharing his stuff. When I write shit like that I feel I need to clarify- I am primarily a Joe fan - before any Joe fans come for me. I just always noted she was more active on the other casts stuff. Maybe Nick Nelson blowing up annoyed her.

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2023 12:12 AM

R28 that last trip of Connor’s before the one for Bash’s birthday, was so on the quiet I think he probably could have seen her. Didn’t he say something like he took 20 photos

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2023 12:15 AM

Well at least some of you admit you’re projecting wildly… Have definitely gotten the sense the people are pissed over the Nick/Kit preference from the comments here more than anything Alice has said or shared. Never gotten a resentful vibe on anyone’s end. ngl the idea that DLers have a deeper understanding of the Joe/Bash/Alice dynamic than Connor does did amuse me.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2023 12:20 AM

R29 honestly never noticed that but it’s possible. I think it’s less Nick Nelson blowing up that annoyed her and more her not being able to take credit for it. From fairly early on headlines and stories about Kit revolved more around him and less around HS, aside from saying he had a strong performance. Less easy for her to take ownership over that than Joe and Yaz, whose headlines were much more linked to the show. As Joe has gotten more successful, she’s been way less enthused about him. Hasn’t posted about any of his stage nominations as they’re totally unrelated to the show, for instance. Don’t think she even posted about seeing him and Will in the play, though she went with Patrick.

Alice is just kind of an ass. If she “has” to say something she will but she’ll never stand up for them otherwise. She tweeted after Kit came out because it was a huge thing but ignored it beforehand even though he was clearly upset. If some marvel person, say RDJ, came out strongly against the cyberbullying Joe gets, she’d probably make some statement plugging HS and nominally supporting Joe but couldn’t be fucked otherwise, even after him admitting it seriously impacted his body image. The shit Bash gets matters 0 percent to her. She’s someone who honestly got successful too young, never had to work a real job or learn social skills, and it shows now

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2023 12:21 AM

No one posted about the Kit queerbaiting stuff before his coming out tweet, and everyone here agreed that was most likely what he wanted. Now people are being asked about it in interviews because it was big news.

Alice said at the beginning of the year that she was continuing her Insta/twitter hiatus with the exception of (I’d assume contractually obligated) book promo, which would explain the lack of story shares. Prior to that she shared The Trials stuff on Insta and tweeted about how much she enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2023 12:26 AM

R31 yeah to be fair while I don’t like Alice, I don’t think she has any ulterior motives regarding a Kit or Nick preference. Frankly I think Nick was always going to be the more popular character as he’s bi instead of gay, which more of the teen girl fanbase prefers. Add to that that Joe is more obviously gay and Kit is pretty conventionally attractive, plus seems like a genuinely really nice guy and gave a great performance, and I’m not shocked his popularity took off. I think Joe’s personality will play really well in Marvel interviews and clearly he’s doing well for himself, so while it probably sucked for him at first to see the disparity he’s likely over it. If anything it might’ve been an ego boost for Alice, seeing a coming out scene she wrote get instantly lauded as so iconic and people praising her for writing the perfect boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2023 12:26 AM

r31 Alice can totally be an ass and the guy who lives thousands of miles away probably isn't going to care all that much even if he's really close with Bash and Joe. They are also all adults. Nobody said they were enemies or hate each other anyway

Anyway, personally am surprised Kit fans didn't get more annoyed with her whole take on Kit coming out. She seems to have confused things Kit and Joe have said. Kit never said he didn't know himself/his sexuality

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2023 12:28 AM

Pardon my interruption, but in “are Kit and Maia cooling off?” news he just followed one of her friends on insta so probably not.

by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2023 12:30 AM

I feel bad disappointing the #teamLoewehu(n)gguy crew

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2023 12:31 AM

R36 intriguing, doesn’t look like an acting friend either so not that kind of connection. Maybe he’s visiting her in the States before he starts his next project or something.

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2023 12:31 AM

R35 Kit commented about being young and not wanting to be pressured on his podcast ep with Josh Smith. I don’t get the objection to Alice pointing out his age, even if he was privately confident him being 18 made the harassment a lot shittier because it is objectively ridiculous to assume someone that young has it figured out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2023 12:32 AM

R39 A legendary pic there

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2023 12:33 AM

R36 thank you for interrupting the fun police. Maybe it was just an online cool off

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2023 12:33 AM

R35 agreed plus I don’t think anyone is suggesting Joe or Bash have some huge issue with Alice, just that they’re not as close as they used to be, and that if they exist, any enmity or hurt feelings may well be from her end. Doubt Bash or Joe would even really raise that as an issue to Connor, or that any of them would feel it should impact his friendship with her. Also, Connor is trying to get into writing more; while I think their friendship is actually genuine, just professionally it’s not a bridge he’s likely to burn with Alice absent some huge issue between them for which she’s blatantly in the wrong which doesn’t seem the case here.

Anyway, in the absence of cast content let people speculate harmlessly! Better this than retreading whether Kit and Joe have a genuine friendship like the earlier threads used to do. Alice is a decent common enemy for DL, by which I mean source of mild annoyance

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2023 12:35 AM

R36 who was it?

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2023 12:35 AM

Joe has been openly gay since day one, but said in several interviews prior to Kit coming out that he (Joe) is young and still learning new things about himself all the time. I think the still figuring himself out line is something Joe/Alice/etc were advised to say when asked about Kit or the importance of authenticity casting before Kit came out. So even if Kit never specifically said that about himself, Alice was repeating an old talking point.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2023 12:36 AM

R33 She said she was continuing the hiatus through January, not sure if she extended that into February officially.

R38 The friend isn't in Los Angeles, so I think it's more likely he's belatedly following one of her friends from last year. I'm not really reading into the follow too much either way. Kit didn't even bother clearing out Sof's family/friends after whatever happened there, and he seems like he's going to stay friendlier with Maia either way (probably because whatever they have/had is open so there's no pressure).

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2023 12:37 AM

Still hope for team hot Loewe guy or Team Asha (a random theory, but let's ignore that). Kit follows so many people

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2023 12:39 AM

R44 Joe was still using that line as recently as the GQ interview.

[quote]Recently, the tabloids have started to hypothesise over who he might be dating. “The idea of a tabloid being interested in a teenager’s love life is really gross,” Locke says. “Someone making money out of rumours about who I – an 18-year-old boy – might be liking or talking to, it’s really gross and perverted.” His hands curl in on themselves, but he’s saying it now because he feels like it’s important: “I’m 18… I don’t know who I am yet.”

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2023 12:39 AM

R47 Joe really went on a random tangent there. Kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2023 12:40 AM

R46 I became firmly #teamloewehugguy after that bitchy observation blew all the way up in my face. Let’s not speak of Asha again

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2023 12:43 AM

R42 Those arguments were so tiring. I’m glad that and the arguments about if Kit was a straight guy centering himself over LGBTQ people got put to bed last year.

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2023 12:44 AM

Random “speculation” but I wonder if any of the rest of the cast will make it out to visit or see Joe in the states. It’s hardly a measure of how close anyone is if they do that as it’s obviously dependent on other plans and their own work, but I can see someone like Tobie who seems very close to him and from what I can tell isn’t getting a load of work coming for a few days.

R47 I remember a few people on here were randomly pissed at Joe for that because they somehow took it as him denying he was with Bash or “hiding” their relationship in a shitty way. Meanwhile bash was out reposting every Joe pic from the shoot he could find, liking every comment in sight about the cover, and generally losing it over it. Like a reverse of the Pride post hysteria while Joe and bash were making out in the tent and at Adele while people bemoaned his lack of a Joe photo in his pride post

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2023 12:44 AM

R31 Back again? You will really have to improve your articulation if you want adults to understand what you are talking about. I may well be wrong but I think you are trying to imply “DLers” actually give a shit about some Kit fan versus Joe fan twitter war or lose sleep over their relative popularity with fangirls and by some disjointed leap in logic assume we are projecting that onto idle speculation about a rift with Alice.

The only irritating thing about the lovely Kit and his popularity is the insufferable fanbase he has attracted. It is not that serious please stop exposing yourself

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2023 12:46 AM

R51 I honestly don't think they will. Joe works all week, probably long hours and seems to have the weekends off (sometimes?). Just doesn't seem like it's all that workable to have random friends visit. I'm also not exactly sure how loaded some of the cast actually is. Kit could afford it obviously, but, and this is not to get into the argument that they aren't good friends, a few months away friend isn't a big deal with texting, facetime, etc.

Of course I'm always wrong about everything

And your second comment, Joe pretty obviously just didn't want to come out with a relationship at the time in the press. I'm also assuming he said more that was cut since I'm not sure what the question of who he's dating has to do with who he is. I'm pretty sure he knows he's been dating the same guy awhile

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2023 12:50 AM

R52 thank you. That person is exhausting and i didn’t have the words to tell them off. There is so much thirst and enjoyment of kit here - just a few more gays want to fuck Joe. If that makes them angry then I think it’s fair to say what demographic they are

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2023 12:51 AM

Some of you are fighting ghosts, I swear to God.

Moving on, until I’m provided a picture of Asha and Kit looking like this together she’s eliminated. And why the fuck is ImgBB down again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2023 12:51 AM

R55 They probably snuggled closely at Bash's party and talked a lot. Don't need a hug when you have a connection.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2023 12:53 AM

R53 I can see that too. to be honest I have absolutely no clue how something like visiting a marvel set works (could they do it under NDA, etc.) and doubt Joe will be pushing it for his first show, but maybe in the future if he has a little more sway, he can have Tobie who is a marvel superfan visit set (and obviously bash). Can see him paying for an IOM friend to come out during a school holiday as well. Agreed I doubt Kit would come, not because they aren’t close, but because I genuinely think kit almost certainly has something starting to filn or record at some point in the coming weeks so seeing Joe just for a weekend (as he works long hours weekdays) seems unlikely. What I could see is something like a New York or Chicago trip where if Joe can swing it, he comes up to see Kit or whoever else from the cast for the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2023 12:54 AM

R51 I think it's more likely that Joe flies back to the UK for a break and sees everyone there.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2023 12:54 AM

R52 I don’t think I’m the person you’re thinking of because I strongly prefer Joe and very much appreciate that that’s the trend here lol? Just found the speculation that Alice might resent Kit because people prefer him/Nick to Charlie/Joe odd, very much felt like someone projecting their own feelings.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2023 12:55 AM

I would celebrate Kit having a slut phase for many reasons, but the primary one being it would be so genuinely funny to see his fans either try to convince themselves that he’s not or forcing themselves to stan every new girl or guy he’s spotted with the way they suddenly projected weird love onto Maia.

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2023 12:55 AM

R59 I didn’t leave that comment but honestly think the only characters Alice would take critiques of to heart are Tori and Isaac because they’re clearly her self inserts

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2023 12:56 AM

R59 I think the prevailing theory is that IF she's resentful when it comes to Kit and/or Joe it's most likely because they won't commit to a fourth season.

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2023 12:57 AM

R61 For all we bitch about it here, I kind of feel like Alice doesn’t care much about Isaac beyond being a conduit for ace rep, he was barely in S1, she’s never drawn him in her free time, she‘s briefly talked about him maybe twice. But maybe that’s just wishful thinking as I’m truly hoping his role in S2 remains very minimal. (Sorry Tobie)

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2023 1:00 AM

R60 I don’t know how people have the energy to force enthusiasm when it comes to partners of celebrities they’re invested in. No offense to Joe and Kit, but I don’t have the energy for all that. I’m not about to watch PLLOEIEIO or whatever that show Maia is on is called.

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2023 1:01 AM

R60 this is exactly why I am keen on a Kit slut phase too! There are actual fan accounts dedicated to kit and Maia. It would be hilarious if they had to do that every time he hooked up with someone. I see the big accounts like the Kit-horny lesbian have stopped their Maia content…

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2023 1:02 AM

S4 wouldn't have much to do with joe and Kit at this point but Netflix and I think they are smart enough not to rule it out. You don't just say no when you can negotiate a big pay day to do it

Just personally feel she could be bothered when Kit and Joe get larger than Heartstoppers itself, otherwise I doubt she's too bothered by them since she's too busy focusing on herself

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2023 1:02 AM

R64 don’t. I tried pre Kit relationship because the first show was a trashy hate watch of mine. It’s terrible in a bad way and she’s um, not great

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2023 1:04 AM

R64 agreed. I really like Bash as well, but like him both as a separate entity to Joe and because I think their relationship is almost uniquely healthy and sweet for their ages. No offense to Maia or Kit at all, they’re both hot and seemed like they were having fun and good for them, but they weren’t out buying Cartier rings and going to family weddings together. Until it reaches that level of devotion unsure why you’d be so into a relatively new celebrity relationship. If Joe and bash broke up doubt I’d care much beyond a “good for them” about their new boyfriends

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2023 1:05 AM

R64 Maia is pretty but can't act and can't sing either. Not exactly sure how people can be too invested in her.

And Kit's probably a little bit of a slut right now. Maia has hinted enough that they aren't exactly exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2023 1:06 AM

R67 I saw a fancam of her running away from someone and I, uh, definitely think it would be great for her to continue prioritizing singing.

by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2023 1:06 AM

R66 Agree that it’s far more likely in Netflix’s hands than Kit or Joe’s. Heartstopper shoots are pretty short, I’d honestly be surprised if they’d already ruled a fourth season out - that is if their contracts don’t already have them committed to four seasons (renewal pending).

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2023 1:07 AM

R69 think people liked that it’s a bi for bi relationship and her being Argentinian was another thing fans obsessed over to show kit wasn’t racist, as though that was even in question. She’s definitely hot but the only thing I’ve seen her in was that Do Revenge movie and she didn’t stand out

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2023 1:07 AM

R69 really need someone to spill on Kit. I get a (totally founded on exactly nothing at all) feeling that he would have a preference for people older than him who might be a bit more discreet. And to be fair, basically everyone is older than him

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2023 1:08 AM

Worth noting that while the maia stanning was hilarious, the pivot into calling both her and bash predators was also genuinely so over the top it circled back to being funny

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2023 1:10 AM

R73 Can't get over Kit still being 18. This thread will never beat those pedo allegations because of him

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2023 1:10 AM

Curious about how well the Cuban Girl’s Guide movie will do, obviously Kit fans will tune in, but not sure that will translate to the more casual Heartstopper fans. Feel like I could see it being a To All the Boys… style hit, or go nowhere. Didn’t realize people thought Maia’s acting was bad though, maybe Kit helped bring the quality up?

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2023 1:11 AM

R71 From the way Alice talked about the show on Patreon, it doesn't sound like a fourth season is ruled out yet. There's a decent chance that the reason she actually has to finish Volume 5 before she starts writing the scripts for the third season is because she's going to need the full roadmap either way (whether she has to cram the full volume into S3 or she has to figure out how to break the volume into S3 and S4), not because she necessary already knows it ends at 3. She's also said that Volume 5 is going to be considerably longer than the previous ones.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2023 1:11 AM

R76 I don’t think it’s going to be a breakout hit like To All The Boys, but I don’t think it’s going to be a bomb either. Its performance is going to be a bigger deal for Maia’s career than Kit’s, really.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2023 1:14 AM

R76 I think it’ll rest on Maia and their chemistry most likely. To All the Boys kind of hit at a more prime time for Netflix teen romcoms but for all that Noah C had a huge moment after, none of his other romcoms ever got that big. He was a charming love interest and I’m sure Kit will do a genuinely good job of that, but To All the Boys, like Cuban Girl’s Guide, was meant to be primarily about the female lead. Lana was genuinely really charming and likable. You rooted for her plus their chemistry was great. If Maia is similarly likable it might do decently well

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2023 1:14 AM

R76 To All the Boys was pretty much carried by the charm and chemistry of the leads. The writing on that was ordinary af. So they might really be relying on the Chemistry between Kit and Maia based on her pretty average acting and the fact the book is apparently trash

by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2023 1:15 AM

The book is realllly not that great and yes, the story is more about Maia's character than Kit's so it'll rest on her acting. Kit will get good reviews for being a good actor and charming boyfriend I'm sure, though he already has that

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2023 1:16 AM

R75 19 soon, then we can start speculating about dick size of the male cast… This thread is far too tame for DL

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2023 1:17 AM

Im actually more curious about Bash’s romcom, primarily because we don’t actually have a book it’s based on. Can’t tell if it’s going to have a queer plot twist or if both the male leads being queer in real life is just a coincidence. Either way Bash and Charithra are both very charming in real life and I haven’t seen Tanner act, but presuming he’s decent it might be a cute enough teen movie

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2023 1:17 AM

R82 the only speculation we’ve had on that thus far is everyone agreeing bash is hung, and Joe is probably mostly a bottom. You’re welcome to start additional speculation though!

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2023 1:18 AM

I wonder how they are going to present the story considering they’re changed the protagonist nationality. it could be a total miss because guess what, all latinos don’t have the same culture.

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2023 1:19 AM

“both the male leads being queer in real life is just a coincidence” tanner is queer??

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2023 1:20 AM

R73 I am all for Loewe guy or Kit having some fun with any hot older man just to watch the twitter melt down. I think they would struggle seeing him with any man being the not so closet homophobes they are unless maybe if it was a sweet enough youngster they could save their outraged sensibilities by projecting their fluffy purity thing onto him

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2023 1:22 AM

It’s an American movie so they’ll change gurapos to mate and call it a day. These movies never go super in depth into our individual cultures anyway.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2023 1:22 AM

R85 Unless I missed something, I took Maia’s comments to mean that her character just has some connection to Argentina (maybe she has an Argentinian relative, nanny, spent time there as a kid?) to explain her accent (I guess Maia couldn’t get a decent dialect coach?), not that her Cuban heritage was totally erased. Would be very strange if that was the case, since her being from Miami’s Cuban American community seems like a major part of the story.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2023 1:23 AM

R86 he hasn’t officially said anything but all signs point to I think I think either bi or pan? Misremembering exactly which one, but - Went to Manchester Pride wearing a “suck me off” crop top, has a bracelet he’s started wearing more in either pan or bi colours, wore Bash’s Queer is Always Here T-shirt to a con, and a few other minor things. I remember over the summer people joking Bash must have really made him feel comfortable as he started acting a lot more out around when the movie started filming.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2023 1:24 AM

R86 DL seems to think he is, but he's only had girlfriend and hasn't said anything. Last I checked he was following Disney valentines shit (with bash's pfp of course) for his girlfriend Mary Mouser

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2023 1:24 AM

28 more days to be exact r82, but why wait?

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2023 1:24 AM

R83 I have a feeling it's going to wind up being fairly formulaic and Charithra's character will realize she fits best with the best friend. I can't imagine they go with a queer plot twist that leaves the female lead of color as the odd one out while the two white guys (?) ride off into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2023 1:25 AM

R93 Assuming this also, though the overlooked nerdy guy winning the female friend he “deserves” could be just as cringeworthy… I do like Bash and Charithra though, they may sell it well.

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2023 1:27 AM

R93 I agree it’s probably formulaic that way - the plot twist I meant was something more like Bash and Charithra’s characters end up together, he says “I thought you were into Billy”, and she says “no we bonded over both being into YOU” or something.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2023 1:28 AM

Honestly wish The Half of It a few years ago was a little better written and the love interest was better acted, because I thought that was a friendship centric queer plot twist that was well done and more accurately bittersweet.

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2023 1:29 AM

Bash is the MC of the movie, so it should focus on him. I do think doing a whole "nice guy gets the girl" is too played out, espeically when his character apparently causes problems for Charithra's in an attempt to sabotage her relationship, so maybe nobody actually gets together.

R95 Probably the best we can hope for

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2023 1:31 AM

It is funny to me that hstwt crowd that’s constantly complaining about the most innocuous things being problematic has latched onto the Cuban Girl’s Guide book so hard. To be fair I haven’t actually read it, but when Kit’s role was announced I looked at the Goodreads reviews out of curiosity, and some reviewers were calling out some pretty blatantly racist passages (about Africa)

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2023 1:31 AM

R92 but if I start and no one joins in then I’m that gay and no one wants to be the only size queen on the thread

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2023 1:33 AM

R99 If we ever get fresh compelling evidence, I promise I'll join you.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2023 1:35 AM

R99 I’ll start in solidarity with you. Firm belief Bash has the biggest dick in the cast

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2023 1:35 AM

R101 that’s a given

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2023 1:36 AM

R98 Hopefully the writers fix that part. Saying someone moved to Africa is pretty... dumb. Maia's character also makes random comments about how backwards Africa is, as if they don't have electricity or something

And Maia's character is very annoying and hard to root for, they need to make her charming and relatable and not constantly whining about how shit English food and weather is. Orion is the bright spot in the book, so Kit will probably have a whole legion of new 15 year olds who want to date him

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2023 1:37 AM

Kit pulling 22 year-old Maia at 18 and having her leave her family to visit him in Paris makes me think he's packing.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2023 1:39 AM

Unrelated to dick size but aside from him being generally hot, Bash must be thanking god daily for Joe. He is actually such a hot twink. Tiny waist, great ass, some of the best lips I've ever seen. Good for him, good for bash. No wonder he's always grabbing him

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2023 1:39 AM

R101 Absolutely

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2023 1:39 AM

I need the Twitter Kit stans to drop the charade by the time ACGGTTAT drops, I’m not sitting through the whole thing so someone needs to make an edit of his character.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2023 1:40 AM

R104 yeah, but he’s also Kit Connor, the most desirable boyfriend on the internet, so I’m not sure it really matters. But he has worn some tight pants that make me think you’re right. Joe has the frame of a man who has above average length… we all know the type

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2023 1:41 AM

R107 I'm assuming Brazilian fans will within an hour of release

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2023 1:42 AM

I honestly don’t really get small dick vibes from anyone in the cast, Bash is the one who stands out to me as absolutely packing. Joe and Will both give me above average but not absolutely hung vibes. Kit seems definitely above average. Couldn’t even begin to speculate on Tobie

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2023 1:42 AM

R110 actually I take that back, I’m sorry to pile on him because he probably is actually a nice kid but I can see Bradley having an average dick

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2023 1:43 AM

Poor Bradley, completely left out of the conversation once again.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2023 1:43 AM

R112 I added him back in, but only to say he’s probably average at best, so maybe he would’ve preferred being left out

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2023 1:44 AM

R111 to his credit, his boyfriend (yes, I’ve checked them out) looks like the big dick type

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2023 1:47 AM

Can't get past Bradley's bf crunchy hair to think of his dick too much

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2023 1:48 AM

R114 maybe he is single white femaling Joe after all. From the outfits to the big dick lanky boyfriend. As Bash and Joe are grabbing ass and making out in front of their family I presume Kit and the cast have to spray them with hoses like cats in heat when they’re drunk and all hanging out

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2023 1:49 AM

I agree with most of this speculation apart from only getting bang average vibes from Kit but that may well be because I don’t find him personally attractive the overall effect is just a bit middle of the road nice

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2023 1:53 AM

R117 I can see him being mildly above average length wise but thick. Sort of the opposite of Will who gives me long but not overly thick vibes.

Also since we’re being crude, both kit and Joe have great lips but especially Joe, so I’m just going to speculate that they’re both great at oral. Good for maia and bash

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2023 1:55 AM

Am I going crazy or are his legs longer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2023 1:56 AM

R119 always weird when fans smooth their faces that way. Think the picture is just taken from below so his legs look longer

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2023 1:57 AM

R116 probably true. see them vs everyone else acting normally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2023 1:59 AM

R119 well obviously you’re a bit crazy because that’s not a thing that happens but thank you for posting that because I think it’s a good example of why Kit might be on the bigger side

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2023 1:59 AM

R118 Don’t start on Joe’s lips again I want a chance of getting some sleep tonight

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2023 1:59 AM

I reckon Kit has quite a thick dick. Will‘s might be quite long given that he’s so tall. Bash definitely the biggest. Even if Joe is average then it will look pretty big against his frame.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2023 2:00 AM

R121 I don’t know what I’m looking at here

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2023 2:02 AM

R122 Unfortunately, it is a thing that happens and I ended up hospitalized for (long story), but I think it's the pants that are a great fit in this case.

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2023 2:02 AM

I know Joe and Bash’s topping dynamic is old ground and for the record I agree with most others that absent switching a handful of times Joe bottoms, but onto the others. Tobie strikes me as a clear bottom. Patrick gives me top vibes. Aside from his thirst for Joe Bradley is clearly a bottom in my opinion. Will, don’t know if he’s queer. Kit seems like he’d be open to switching

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2023 2:03 AM

R125 I think it's Joe and Bash sitting together at the end of the clip with Joe leaning into Bash.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2023 2:04 AM

When Tobie or Bradley somehow end up having the biggest dick...

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2023 2:06 AM

R129 Tobie could be a dark horse. I’m so sorry to be mean but if Bradley has the biggest dick in the cast I would actually die of shock

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2023 2:07 AM

R125 It is an old clip I think from New York as it pans left Bash and Joe are entangled on the end of the bench it may just be my not so young eyes but I struggle to separate which limbs are where although I am pretty sure it’s Joe cuddled around Bash like a baby sloth

by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2023 2:10 AM

R118 fuck imgbb being down, I wanted to repost that photo from Bash’s party that people were making the Kit and Will as Joe’s bodyguards joke. I saw it again the other day and Joe’s face in it has stayed with me since - I think you’re very correct

by Anonymousreply 132February 9, 2023 2:14 AM

R125 grainy as hell but here’s a screenshot. They were at a private karaoke room in NYC which, from experience, are extremely easy to get served at even underage so presuming they’re drunk. Joe is clinging onto bash as per usual and i think has his leg sling across Bash’s leg, and bash has his arm around him. Meanwhile the rest of their mates are behaving appropriately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2023 2:17 AM

R132 I’ve got you. Never noticed the weird face Kit is making in this. Still funny that Bash not only included this in his post but also made an Instagram story about it. he seriously just saw a photo his boyfriend looked hot in and wanted to show it off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2023 2:20 AM

R132

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 9, 2023 2:20 AM

R133 It looks like Joe's legs are in front of Bash's, he's half slid off the couch in his drunkenness with his head on Bash's shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 136February 9, 2023 2:23 AM

R134 really really hot

by Anonymousreply 137February 9, 2023 2:25 AM

I wish I had the original story and not the edit of the story. Probably better quality. Not sure who posted it, but yes it's just them being snuggling and Joe looks mostly drunk. I'm assuming that was Joe behaving since Bash's friends wouldn't have posted the good stuff

by Anonymousreply 138February 9, 2023 2:25 AM

[R132] is right about that photo. Joe has great lips so lucky Bash.

by Anonymousreply 139February 9, 2023 2:26 AM

From a lot of fan photos, Joe also seems to have an absolutely enormous mouth which seems fortunate considering Bash’s (universally DL endorsed) size

by Anonymousreply 140February 9, 2023 2:29 AM

I’ve yet to see a photo of Kit that leads me to believe he’s hung. If someone would like to prove me wrong though, as a Kit stan, I’d really appreciate it. Bash and Joe though? Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 141February 9, 2023 2:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 9, 2023 2:31 AM

R141 I think it's wishful thinking for everyone, there hasn't been solid evidence in any case.

by Anonymousreply 143February 9, 2023 2:32 AM

R140 not sure if it’s a huge mouth so much as naturally really full and dark lips. Again, good for him and Bash.

They’ve eyefucked since day 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 9, 2023 2:32 AM

R142 Gotta go with Joe there. Wouldn't turn either one down though

by Anonymousreply 145February 9, 2023 2:33 AM

R142 doing god’s work there, babe

R141 thank you for joining in on my Slim Twink Big Dick theory about Joe

by Anonymousreply 146February 9, 2023 2:34 AM

I think this is the closest to any Joe evidence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147February 9, 2023 2:34 AM

R144 lip bite and holding hands. how lewd

by Anonymousreply 148February 9, 2023 2:35 AM

R143 But there is such a thing as an experienced eye

by Anonymousreply 149February 9, 2023 2:37 AM

R148 I mean they’re hardly going to post photos of them dry humping much as I wish they would

by Anonymousreply 150February 9, 2023 2:38 AM

I'm lazy, so this is the easiest lips-in-motion example for both Joe and Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 9, 2023 2:42 AM

R150 I actually wasn't being sarcastic! Something about that pic is pretty hot

by Anonymousreply 152February 9, 2023 2:42 AM

R150 I still think it’s really homophobic that they haven’t. They are depriving us of representations positive of queer love. Or some shit like that. Spin it however you want

by Anonymousreply 153February 9, 2023 2:43 AM

R152 gotcha, I miss their horny IG likes (bash) and captions (Joe).

R151 they both have nice lips but I think this shows that Joe’s lip colour is really what sets him over the edge. Either way they both have really nice lips so good for them and their partners

by Anonymousreply 154February 9, 2023 2:44 AM

I wonder how Bash and Joe are coping without being able to get their hands on each other. Kit with Maia as well. Guess there must be a lot of masturbation going down atm.

by Anonymousreply 155February 9, 2023 2:45 AM

Joe's Florida signage post being a night post makes me think he's working long hours and probably just passing out when he gets home.

by Anonymousreply 156February 9, 2023 2:47 AM

Joe truly has insane stamina. He really hasn’t had a break since around April this year. Promo for season 1, a levels, fashion week, the play, auditions, series 2 filming, brazil and the Emmys and agatha. Hopefully he gets June off

by Anonymousreply 157February 9, 2023 2:52 AM

R152 Think it helps that Joe looks like he’s just rolled straight out of bed

by Anonymousreply 158February 9, 2023 2:56 AM

Which one do we think will get naked onscreen first for a role? I think the obvious answer is Kit because he has a big agency and might get some serious film that requires it but I think Bash wouldn’t have any issue dropping trou either.

by Anonymousreply 159February 9, 2023 3:14 AM

R159 you never know - Joe might do it for something arty. If Timmy has taught us anything it’s that people like to see thin twinks with their top off - for art

by Anonymousreply 160February 9, 2023 3:16 AM

R160 you’re right. It’s the part of me that’s an art aficionado that wants to see Joe naked

by Anonymousreply 161February 9, 2023 3:19 AM

R161 well we are very sophisticated

by Anonymousreply 162February 9, 2023 3:21 AM

I would say Kit or Joe but watch it be a third option none of us are thinking of.

by Anonymousreply 163February 9, 2023 3:25 AM

Bradley bringing in the surprises thus far so he gets my vote.

by Anonymousreply 164February 9, 2023 3:27 AM

R163 poor Bradley again

by Anonymousreply 165February 9, 2023 3:27 AM

Half of the reason I want the beach scene to be included in S3 is because Kit'll be shirtless. Hopefully Alice has Joe go shirtless in Vol 5.

Slightly less thirstily, I'm also interested in the idea of the cast singing in future projects. They all seem pretty musically inclined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 9, 2023 3:49 AM

R166 they will definitely get Kit topless. They did in S1 and he was basically just 17. I don’t think they’d risk it with Joe - it would just be ammunition for the straight girls to be brutal towards him because they don’t understand gay twinks. If there is one thing we know it’s that straight girls love heartstopper

by Anonymousreply 167February 9, 2023 4:02 AM

I also don’t think they’ll go there with Joe because Charlie has the anorexia storyline and they’ll be extremely careful not to include anything that could be a body check. Hopefully Holly, an ally to the gays, continues her trend of keeping Joe slutty

by Anonymousreply 168February 9, 2023 4:03 AM

R168 Holly must be exclusively surrounded by gay men. She really understands Joe’s demographic

by Anonymousreply 169February 9, 2023 4:06 AM

R168 I'm 50/50 on the possibility of seeing him topless on the show because the comics are essentially building up to Charlie feeling comfortable with being topless around Nick.

by Anonymousreply 170February 9, 2023 4:12 AM

R169 she’s in fashion, so…

I also do think it’s easier to get high fashion for men, especially not A list men, if they’re willing to be more experimental and crucially, make the designs look good. The Alexander McQueen looks have been great but not necessarily super outside the norm, but the attitude and Dior looks definitely aren’t standard “male” looks and Joe pulled them off. Also being slim enough to pull off women’s fashion helps

by Anonymousreply 171February 9, 2023 4:13 AM

Has anyone here watched Aftersun? I’m catching up on the trades and Frankie Coria (who plays the little girl) named Kit and Joe as two of her influences in an interview.

by Anonymousreply 172February 9, 2023 4:39 AM

R172 that’s very sweet

by Anonymousreply 173February 9, 2023 4:43 AM

R159 answering my own question but a wildcard I can see happening is Yaz. She seems very secure in her identity and unashamed of being a preop or no op trans woman. Good for her and I agree with that pride, but I can see a film or short film role where she embraces that more fully

by Anonymousreply 174February 9, 2023 5:26 AM

This guy has to have 10 pictures with each cast member at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 9, 2023 6:44 AM

I don’t think it’s just the HS cast I think he takes his chances at events and takes photos with anyone vaguely famous, gotta admire his efforts

by Anonymousreply 176February 9, 2023 7:09 AM

Just to quickly refer back to the person talking about the Omar and Edvin dynamic… wow. People really would lose their shit if Joe and Kit were like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 9, 2023 8:29 AM

R177 I actually don't think the way Edvin is looking at Omar there is a big deal, but I've seen other pictures and videos of them that make me understand why Omar's boyfriend has left bitchy comments about them before.

by Anonymousreply 178February 9, 2023 8:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 9, 2023 8:49 AM

R178 yeah, I don’t care to trawl through all the Edvin content I get pushed but basically they were pretty over the top at this. I‘m pretty sure Edvin’s never confirmed being queer but he’d have to be a pretty evolved straight dude to flirt at that level with his cast mate

by Anonymousreply 180February 9, 2023 9:02 AM

HS fans wouldn’t know what to do with themselves

by Anonymousreply 181February 9, 2023 9:02 AM

R171 just because it is quiet and you reminded me - I think Joe’s Dior look is often underrated. He’s looks hot (hate the shoes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 9, 2023 10:08 AM

I just wish they’d taken the trousers up slightly, and it would have been amazing

by Anonymousreply 183February 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Adding to the NYFW thing - not sure if any of the cast besides maybe Joe, maybe Bash will go but not unlikely Connor Jessup pops up. He’s only in Toronto, easy trip

by Anonymousreply 184February 9, 2023 7:39 PM

R184 I just read this as the NSFW thing. Personally I think that Joe, Kit and Bash getting involved in a NSFW thing with Connor would be an excellent idea.

by Anonymousreply 185February 9, 2023 7:47 PM

R185 connor and Kit hooking up would be truly hilarious on so many levels. Also hot though. I fear he’s resigned to being fully a third wheel with Bash and Joe. Normally I don’t presume young famous couples are monogamous but I would be shocked if they weren’t

by Anonymousreply 186February 9, 2023 7:49 PM

I also wouldn’t be totally shocked to see them still together 5 years from now, with Connor likely still playing the third wheel, poor thing

by Anonymousreply 187February 9, 2023 8:12 PM

R187 I have faith in him that he’ll find a man in the interim

by Anonymousreply 188February 9, 2023 8:27 PM

R188 He just posted he was blocked on Bumble. It's rough out there for Connor

by Anonymousreply 189February 9, 2023 9:14 PM

R189 if kit doesn’t want hot loewe guy he should give his number to Connor

by Anonymousreply 190February 9, 2023 9:27 PM

I hope hot Loewe guy can feel the horny goodwill we are all sending his way

by Anonymousreply 191February 9, 2023 9:46 PM

Great pic of Joe! I assume it’s old but I hadn’t seen it before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 9, 2023 10:35 PM

It's very old. Cute pic. I remember it being posted before in Bash's thread long ago. He's wearing tons of Bash's jewelry in it

by Anonymousreply 193February 9, 2023 10:47 PM

R179 Kit's eyelashes there are insane.

by Anonymousreply 194February 9, 2023 10:50 PM

R192 Love that pic of Joe. Him and Bash are such a cute couple. Wish they would feel comfortable enough to do some interviews and photoshoots together.

by Anonymousreply 195February 10, 2023 12:05 AM

R187 I still wouldn't put it past Bash and Joe to play about with Connor occasionally. They are all horny young guys after all.

by Anonymousreply 196February 10, 2023 12:06 AM

R196 honestly in the early days of their relationship when Connor was always there I did genuinely consider the possibility, but they have the most monogamous vibes ever to me. Wouldn’t rule out Connor and kit having a drunk hookup as a possibility at some point though

by Anonymousreply 197February 10, 2023 12:11 AM

R195 I might be alone in this but while I’d welcome more social media content from them or them being more affectionate publicly at events or whatever, I really really hope they don’t become a couple who commoditizes the relationship and does joint photoshoots or interviews just because. If they starred in some project in the future together and had one as part of that great, but making their relationship part of their appeal isn’t the smartest career move

by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2023 12:13 AM

Not to be an Alice level prude, but Joe was barely 18 when Connor was always around last winter. Just don't see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 199February 10, 2023 12:14 AM

R199 I wouldn’t say a prude but you’re giving Connor a lot of credit. I don’t think Joe’s age would have meant a lot of self regulation /restraint.

I think it just wouldn’t have happened mainly because oddly because Bash doesn’t seem the type to want to share Joe. Not in a possession way, he just seems (almost tragically) down bad.

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2023 12:18 AM

R198 You're not alone in this, I still vividly remember the secondhand embarrassment I got from Bennifer 1.0 and I would love for Joe especially to continue on the career path he's on right now.

by Anonymousreply 201February 10, 2023 12:29 AM

If/when/whatever they break up, is everyone expecting Joe to do the dumping if it's not a mutual decision? I get that vibe from the way Bash is talked about on here.

by Anonymousreply 202February 10, 2023 12:31 AM

R202 I would expect it to be Joe based on age, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 203February 10, 2023 12:31 AM

R202 honestly don’t think we can know at all. Boring answer but for all Bash is very blatantly devoted like with the Cartier ring, having Joe live with his family, bringing him to his sister’s wedding, Joe seems pretty equally yoked. He brings Bash to everything as a plus one, is very touchy and clingy with him in candids, and is very defensive, see for instance the Pink News and shitty fan blocking to defend Bash. For now they seem quite stable and committed but in the future who knows? Could end up being Bash who has a stable acting job in the UK and can’t handle Joe never being back in England for a sustained period of time, could be Joe being young and wanting more freedom, they could be one of the young couples who actually makes it and stays together

by Anonymousreply 204February 10, 2023 12:37 AM

R199 I don’t think age would be an issue the age of consent is sixteen not eighteen so he was well past that. I think experience and maturity matter more and Joe implied very clearly in at least one of his interviews that he was no rural innocent before Heartstopper came along.

As has already been said the issue is more Joe and Bash feel monogamous. I am sure they are as up for some fun as any of us but at the same time they seem so besotted it is difficult to imagine them wanting to look beyond each other certainly in the early days of their relationship

by Anonymousreply 205February 10, 2023 12:40 AM

R205 yeah Bash especially seems - not necessarily more into Joe, think it’s pretty equal, but kind of old fashioned in some ways. He got out of the car over the summer when they were picking Joe up to greet him and let him in. He got him a matching suit for his sister’s wedding. He got him a Cartier ring presumably right before they went long distance. They also seemed to get serious and besotted FAST. They met in mid March and bash was writing songs about him and posting them by mid April. It’s not impossible of course but that’s hard to square with them hooking up with others too

by Anonymousreply 206February 10, 2023 12:46 AM

R202 I'd go with just a natural ending and them changing as people and their careers going in different directions if it happens

And Joe is a lot more devoted than he publicly lets on lately, not sure anyone is suggesting he's less invested or Bash is more whipped. Joe's been super clingy in the past as we've seen in pictures (going up to hug Bash in private at the con comes is another example) and brings Bash back home all the time. He obviously wanted him to come to Brazil, LA and Atlanta with him. Joe's family and friends were at Bash's birthday party. So I don't think he's any less invested in the relationship

by Anonymousreply 207February 10, 2023 12:49 AM

R207 Joe just has a much better poker face to be honest. I don’t know how he stayed so unruffled in early interviews when the subject of Bash came up. He’d crack a little sometimes but never anything super noticeable. Kit taking active joy in goading him about it was extremely funny though. Him forgetting Kit’s middle name was Sebastian and Kit going “you SHOULD know this”, him reading off a question from someone whose username is “luvbash”, him trying to answer a question about who he’s closest to in the cast while avoiding the elephant in the room.

by Anonymousreply 208February 10, 2023 12:52 AM

R206 agree - I think they’re equally besotted just think Bash is possibly a bit more conservative. Joe just seems a bit cheekier (based on literally two vids of him flirting and that part in GQ interview where he implied his first fling was at 15).

Who knows, there are heaps of reasons either could call it, or maybe they will defy the odds of usual teen relationships

by Anonymousreply 209February 10, 2023 12:54 AM

R208 from memory Kit also claiming he was very close to Bash (after Will of course) and just looking at Joe

by Anonymousreply 210February 10, 2023 12:57 AM

R207 Kit's a little shit.

They also got asked who smelled the best and Joe said he hadn't smelled anyone in the cast and I'm pretty sure Kit said Bash smelled good

by Anonymousreply 211February 10, 2023 1:00 AM

R211 Is to R208 !

by Anonymousreply 212February 10, 2023 1:00 AM

About the middle name thing. Joe did write Theodore which was bash's middle name. So he knew it was something to do with bash. But couldn't think of his name

by Anonymousreply 213February 10, 2023 1:01 AM

R211 yep. Kit definitely said Bash and again just looked at Joe who said Yaz (after claiming he hadn’t gone around smelling any of them - sure Joe)

Kit seems far more fun and naughty than the persona his fans have forced on him

by Anonymousreply 214February 10, 2023 1:03 AM

DL, humor me and revisit that Kit and Timmy vid. After the “18” and the “Yeah I’m…” (I don’t think he says baby, I now think he likely says dating a 22 year old because then) when we can see Kit again I believe he says “Yeah, Maia (something with an s)” and then “you think thats appropriate?” Timothee replies and Kit responds with relief. Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215February 10, 2023 1:03 AM

R215 I don't think he's asking relationship advice from Timmy. He said he's about to turn 19

by Anonymousreply 216February 10, 2023 1:04 AM

R215 this is a hilarious version of this. I salute your confidence that Kit would talk about his gf/potentially just a workplace fling, with Timmy

by Anonymousreply 217February 10, 2023 1:08 AM

R209 That sounds about right and my romantic heart hopes that they do indeed defy the odds. Reaching two years at their age and still so enamoured bodes well so let’s hope for the best for them.

R215 You might have a little too much time on your hands. I am no good at lip reading but also find it hard to believe that Kit would be openly asking Timothee for relationship advice or even discussing it when at most they’ve met briefly twice. That would be so inappropriate it is making my ass clench with secondhand embarrassment

by Anonymousreply 218February 10, 2023 1:15 AM

R218 particularly relationships advice about his C grade celeb girlfriend. Not to be a bitch (I do mean mean to be a bitch)

by Anonymousreply 219February 10, 2023 1:21 AM

Clearly I have too much time on my hands. Took the liberty of compiling and uploading all those early clips I can remember of Bash coming up in Joe and Kit interviews and Joe either trying to maintain a poker face and sometimes failing and gushing over him anyway, or Kit goading him. Quite funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 10, 2023 1:26 AM

R220 Kit's funny

Joe Evan Locke Joe Seph Locke

by Anonymousreply 221February 10, 2023 1:29 AM

R215 Beyond the fact that it would make literally no sense for Kit to ask someone he's literally just met for advice on his long-distance fling, I think what Kit says in response to Timmy is something like, "Yeah, I'm pretty young." Also, hot Loewe hug guy cameo.

by Anonymousreply 222February 10, 2023 1:51 AM

R220 Laughed at “Joe Seph Connor.” Kit, what the heck?

by Anonymousreply 223February 10, 2023 1:53 AM

R223 the shippers went crazy over that. My guess is based on the editing a part was cut where they joked about other potential middle names for one another and Kit said maybe Joe’s was Connor. The Twitter fans thought kit accidentally gave Joe his last name as an expression of his love or something

by Anonymousreply 224February 10, 2023 2:00 AM

R224 Totally plausible that Kit crossed his wires accidentally since he was thinking of his own name and Joe's name at the same time, but it's still pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 225February 10, 2023 2:04 AM

R225 yep, I think he just misspoke - and launched a 1000 TikToks

by Anonymousreply 226February 10, 2023 4:36 AM

Unashamedly continuing earlier slutty conversations in the absence of actual cast content. Betting they all have adventurous and kinky sex lives. Kit hooked a hot 22 year old who has no problem with open relationships and bash and Joe constantly look like they’re ready to fuck after two years together. Joe was sitting extremely gingerly on the last day of Brazil outings. Will just seems like he could be a freak in a good way. I’ll for once be nice to Bradley and say I feel like he’s desperate enough to be down for being very adventurous.

by Anonymousreply 227February 10, 2023 6:10 AM

“ Joe was sitting extremely gingerly on the last day of Brazil outings.”

This made me laugh so much

by Anonymousreply 228February 10, 2023 6:31 AM

R227 agree that Bradley seems very eager to please

by Anonymousreply 229February 10, 2023 6:33 AM

R227 Probably going to get FF'd into oblivion, but I don't get adventurous/kinky vibes from any of them. I'm sure they have great sex, but I'd be surprised if any of them were actually kinky.

by Anonymousreply 230February 10, 2023 6:54 AM

R227 I guess it’s really measured by what is considered kinky by this pretty wholesome DL thread. I’m sure they have great sex but really see any of them being into the scenes (or even wearing a harness just to look hot tbh)

by Anonymousreply 231February 10, 2023 8:01 AM

R215 I’m now rewatching to try and see what I can make out. At the start it sounds like Kit says ‘yeah, I live in lots of… well, I’m living with family at the moment but…’ (wish I could make out what he says then! Maybe that he’s planning to get his own place soon?). Then I’m pretty sure he says ‘eighteen… yeah, I’m a baby. Yeah, I’m eighteen, sorry. Do you think that’s inappropriate?’

That’s my best guess!

by Anonymousreply 232February 10, 2023 8:21 AM

R232 It doesn’t look like his mouth is forming the word “inappropriate” to me, it looks like a syllable is missing at the end? But I’m also not sure what he’s actually saying. Someone get that lip reader on TikTok to decipher the video.

Unrelated, but the WhatsOnStage awards are on Sunday and now I’m wondering if Joe would pop up there instead of fashion week, assuming he has the time to travel at all?

by Anonymousreply 233February 10, 2023 8:32 AM

I’d be really surprised to see him turn up, mainly because it looks like he had some time off with his Mum last week, so chances of him having two weeks off in a row?

by Anonymousreply 234February 10, 2023 9:02 AM

That new Wasia Project song is pretty catchy. It’s like if Sara Bareilles decided to make 80s pop.

by Anonymousreply 235February 10, 2023 9:44 AM

R235 I just listened and wow, surprisingly good! They’re almost certainly gonna be featured on the Heartstopper season 2 soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 236February 10, 2023 10:29 AM

R230 I guess it depends on whether they've had kinky sex with previous partners, or whether they watch a lot of kinky porn. I wonder whether Kit has had any sexual experiences with other guys at all yet.

by Anonymousreply 237February 10, 2023 11:25 AM

R237 that’s the question. Fair to assume that kissing Joe for work isn’t his only same sex pash, but I wonder if he’s done much more than that.

by Anonymousreply 238February 10, 2023 11:35 AM

R237 Thought exercise: Kit went to an all boys school maybe it was the other way around he knew he wasn’t straight was confident of that and Maia was his bi awakening who left him totally certain he wasn’t in fact gay.

I am for no reason other than an intuitive hunch certain he has had boyfriend/s before

by Anonymousreply 239February 10, 2023 12:13 PM

R239 I absolutely think he and Sof fucked. My theory is that they had a with benefits situation that blew up when he started dating Maia. Not to say he hasn’t been in relationships with men but I think Sof was definitely in the mix

by Anonymousreply 240February 10, 2023 12:21 PM

I am very curious about Kits past with men. I’d also love to see him with a guy now. Because it be hot for one but I’m also curious what’s his type.

by Anonymousreply 241February 10, 2023 12:32 PM

R240 I still maintain she wasn’t ever a love interest mainly because they were surrounded by advisors and counsellors giving them guidance on handling how public to be with their sexuality. There is no way on god’s Earth they would have allowed lying outright especially with the background of queerbaiting accusations and they both clearly said they were just friends. If they had been together it would have been known among a large cohort of South London school kids clear evidence would have emerged and he would have been slaughtered for it. I just don’t buy it.

Not saying absolutely they never hooked up. Either way getting involved with Maia would have triggered a blow up if you have ever been part of the dynamic of a queer man with a close platonic straight female friend you know how that queer man suddenly dating a woman is likely to go down

by Anonymousreply 242February 10, 2023 12:32 PM

R242 see your point. I think whatever he and Sof did was very casual, she just had far too much of seething ex vibe after. Though I guess she could have just been hoping for me. But I’ve absolutely not been in that dynamic at all - imagine it would be exhaustingly dramatic

by Anonymousreply 243February 10, 2023 12:45 PM

Sof is way too bitter not to have been some kind of hookup

by Anonymousreply 244February 10, 2023 12:50 PM

R234 I have no clue where or if he’ll turn up but would wager it’s actually more likely to have 2 weeks off or light work in a row. If one of the other minor characters, let’s say Eric Andre, was filming his scenes these two weeks and Joe didn’t really have work with him then would make sense he’d have less to do. He may well be working this entire weekend though so who knows

by Anonymousreply 245February 10, 2023 1:01 PM

R239 I forgot Kit went to an all boys school. He seems to have a close knit group of male friends from pre-HS as well. Guess it’s not much of a stretch that Kit had the opportunity to at least jerk off with other guys even if there wasn’t a boyfriend on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 246February 10, 2023 1:38 PM

R239 I'd have to go back to be sure, but from the interviews Kit's given it's always sounded like working on Heartstopper is what gave him the space to come to terms with his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 247February 10, 2023 2:11 PM

DL faves at an event celebrating the Attitude 101 issue! Doesn’t look like anyone from the cast went to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 10, 2023 2:27 PM

She looks way better there than on the cover, think make up had a lot to answer for

by Anonymousreply 249February 10, 2023 2:41 PM

She's got nice skin despite the incredibly hard life full of stress she leads. A blessing!

by Anonymousreply 250February 10, 2023 2:50 PM

Patrick is looking hot

by Anonymousreply 251February 10, 2023 2:55 PM

I never liked him much since he obviously doesn't give much of a shit about Joe compared to Kit and Yaz, but he's always been pretty hot

by Anonymousreply 252February 10, 2023 2:56 PM

R244 You seriously underestimate just how possessive certain straight girls can be of their gay male friends I have witnessed more bitterness in said situation when another girl appears as a platonic friend than in most romantic break ups let alone a female love interest

by Anonymousreply 253February 10, 2023 3:16 PM

She obviously liked him or thought they were more than friends. She did a whole thing when any character that resembled Kit she was shady towards. Also pretty sure she said some shit about gingers. The whole Hercules thing was pretty tell

And Kit's not gay

by Anonymousreply 254February 10, 2023 3:19 PM

R254 I am aware Kit is not gay I was making a general point from experience of straight girls friendships with gay men and the fallout when another platonic girl friend arrives on the scene.

A queer/bi male friend who a girl considers their property is even worse there maybe no jealousy of a boyfriend but a female love interest appears and the fallout is identical to a romantic break up

by Anonymousreply 255February 10, 2023 3:24 PM

[quote] platonic girl friend

what

Just go with the simplest explanation that they were probably fucking but not serious and he moved on and she didn't because she liked using his name for clout

by Anonymousreply 256February 10, 2023 3:36 PM

R256 yeah I think this is the most likely. I actually think what’s possible is they hooked up pre HS. Possible not even had a FWB thing, just a one off hookup. They stayed friends after, she wanted to be with him more seriously whether for clout or otherwise, didn’t happen and they had a falling out when he got with Maia instead of her.

by Anonymousreply 257February 10, 2023 3:42 PM

I don't know details on this, but someone said that the person who often styles Joe is at the airport - could be a coincidence, or they could be heading to NY for NYFW?

by Anonymousreply 258February 10, 2023 6:33 PM

R258 yeah her @ is hollyevawhite and she posted a load of luggage from Heathrow. Unless she is in insanely heavy packer, guessing she’s headed to NYFW. Joe being there would make sense but she also styles a bunch of other people so could be them too.

by Anonymousreply 259February 10, 2023 6:37 PM

Her client book is actually pretty great, yeah, no idea if it’s for Joe, but, it’s at least pointing in a positive direction for him being there

by Anonymousreply 260February 10, 2023 6:40 PM

Bash out here liking Alice’s Insta posts. There goes that fun speculation

by Anonymousreply 261February 10, 2023 7:07 PM

R261 Damn I was enjoying that

by Anonymousreply 262February 10, 2023 7:20 PM

He just liked Connor's too, when he hadn't yesterday. So he must be coming back to social media. We can speculate if he traveled I guess since he posted a IG story a couple days ago

by Anonymousreply 263February 10, 2023 7:21 PM

It also looks like Alice's break is over, she's been liking posts here and there. In case we want to start speculating with what she ignores from this point on.

by Anonymousreply 264February 10, 2023 7:27 PM

R264 She’s always been a bit inconsistent in her likes, which I put down to her being self involved more than anything else. She clearly doesn’t go out of her way to see what the cast are doing - she really only hits like or shares the big stuff

by Anonymousreply 265February 10, 2023 7:31 PM

R263 I think he’s probably back because the game is out and the world didn’t end. Based on that as well as being separated from his hot boyfriend for a few weeks, my money is that he is definitely travelling

by Anonymousreply 266February 10, 2023 7:36 PM

R261 While fun, it'll never top the Bradley feud, which I still half believe in since Bash very rarely likes his posts and Joe does it more, but is more likely to do it when the rest of the cast is there

by Anonymousreply 267February 10, 2023 7:40 PM

Love a good DL conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 268February 10, 2023 7:46 PM

Bash likes most of Bradley’s instagram posts and Bradley was invited to his birthday party and has worn Bash’s charity shirt for lgbt refugees. A feud would be fun but the entire cast seems pretty friendly and sweet overall.

by Anonymousreply 269February 10, 2023 7:48 PM

I like that while there are minor reasons behind the Bradley grudge speculation the primary one is just that we find him annoying and presume Bash would too

by Anonymousreply 270February 10, 2023 7:49 PM

R265 you’re right that that’s her trend but in the absence of anything more fun, I welcome us all to speculate. If she doesn’t like Joe’s next Instagram post I’m starting a rumour that she wants to recast Bradley as Charlie because she hates Joe’s antisemitism

by Anonymousreply 271February 10, 2023 7:53 PM

Poor Bradley. It would be pretty funny if he’s hot and great in the show

by Anonymousreply 272February 10, 2023 7:54 PM

R272 I actually do think he’s pretty cute and clearly a lot of the cast is very fond of him so he’s probably a nice guy. Just a BIG personality

by Anonymousreply 273February 10, 2023 8:04 PM

He’s just a bit much, but, that could also be a front he puts on at events etc, so maybe he is different (and calmer) when he’s out of the spotlight

by Anonymousreply 274February 10, 2023 8:29 PM

Ah Bradley, a bit much with a very average dick, and that’s just DL in the last 24 hours

by Anonymousreply 275February 10, 2023 9:03 PM

R275 he did get praised for being eager to please in bed and people agreed he probably has a man with a big dick so it’s not all bad

by Anonymousreply 276February 10, 2023 9:06 PM

Since it’s slow again, I’m back with more numbers. These are the Wikipedia page trends for the actors from the show’s release through yesterday. I threw everyone in a single search, but I recommend removing them and looking at the graphs one-by-one. The spikes are pretty predictable (Joe being cast in the MCU, Kit coming out, Yaz being cast in Doctor Who, the HP game for Bash, etc.).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277February 10, 2023 9:20 PM

R277 Thanks for posting, I always find these kinds of things interesting. It's weird to me that, seemingly, no one has bothered to make Wikipedia pages for Cori and Kizzy.

by Anonymousreply 278February 10, 2023 9:33 PM

Aubrey still hasn’t followed Joe back on Instagram. I wonder if it’s just oversight or they haven’t filmed together? The latter seems unlikely but I guess possible

by Anonymousreply 279February 10, 2023 9:41 PM

R279 the amount he posts, if I didn’t already I probably wouldn’t bother. I realise this isn’t how the whole following thing between famous people really works but worth mentioning Joe’s Insta is boring as fuck.

On that, I know Kit is wildly popular but he also gives his followers candid posts. it’s unsurprising Joe doesn’t get more followers, he’s not generating any noise for himself

by Anonymousreply 280February 10, 2023 9:52 PM

R280 to be fair all his time is either with non famous friends he wants to keep private, his boyfriend who he’s very low key with, or working. Not much he really can post. The recent story posts have been more fun though

by Anonymousreply 281February 10, 2023 9:59 PM

R281 I get what you’re saying. And clearly he’s not really concerned about building profile at the moment. It’s just a bit of a shame because he was so good at sharing before the show and those less staged / promotional shots are good for engagement. Also, I just want see a cute pick of him - selfishly motivated

by Anonymousreply 282February 10, 2023 10:07 PM

Social media following doesn't matter in the slightest. Some celebs and wannabe celebs have 50+ million followers and barely get any engagement.

Though he could post a hot selfie or two

by Anonymousreply 283February 10, 2023 11:29 PM

He's at the precipice of getting 1 million likes per post, if he posted a tiny bit more regularly he could get there.

by Anonymousreply 284February 10, 2023 11:50 PM

And truthfully, I just want a really gay selfie. Is it too much to ask

by Anonymousreply 285February 10, 2023 11:55 PM

I have a pretty low bar, I would be happy with at least one proper post per public event. Makes me sad that looks like Attitude and the McQueen show aren’t memorialized.

by Anonymousreply 286February 11, 2023 12:22 AM

If he posted a single selfie with kathryn hahn he might get a bit of blow back from the very small group who are outraged about his role but they would be drowned out in the 1000s of responses he gets and he’d get a bunch of likes (if not follows) from actual gays. It’s such a shame he’s clearly been so burned by his sm experience

by Anonymousreply 287February 11, 2023 1:26 AM

Joe needs to get the elder lesbians on his side by posting Kathryn.

by Anonymousreply 288February 11, 2023 1:42 AM

Marvel is so fucking weird that there's a legitimate chance that he isn't allowed to post a picture with her or any of the other cast members until he's made his first official appearance at SDCC or D23, even with the trades having announced him.

by Anonymousreply 289February 11, 2023 2:25 AM

[quote]What about 2024? [...] For Heartstopper , it's all on hold as Kit Connor (Nick Nelson) doesn't want to do a convention at this time.

1) Interesting that it sounds like Kit's already said no to doing cons in 2024, I would guess he's done with them in general. 2) They're not going to try to book anyone else from the show if Kit doesn't do it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290February 11, 2023 4:17 PM

Ir sounds like this is about them planning a Heartstopper-specific con and that the idea is on hold because they’re not sure if Kit will have changed his availability for cons in 2024, but don’t quote me on that.

by Anonymousreply 291February 11, 2023 4:20 PM

It’s also a long way in advance, he’s so early still in his career, if he starts filling his calendar with conventions and having to turn down projects it’s not great is it

by Anonymousreply 292February 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Work aside, fans treated Kit pretty shitty at the London con he went to even if they don't see the problem with recording things he said without consent. I wouldn't do them for awhile either.

by Anonymousreply 293February 11, 2023 4:49 PM

That's a shame about Kit and conventions - I imagine it's a combination of him being less than thrilled about personal conversations recorded without his knowledge and posted online, and the fact that he was at least fairly if not extremely nervous. He was chewing that gum like nobody's business, and that's the first time we've seen his nervous gum chewing habit. He has said before that the thing he finds scariest is just having to talk to people as himself, and not being able to hide behind a character.

by Anonymousreply 294February 11, 2023 5:03 PM

R293 I don’t think he’s as hung up on that as DL is to be honest. I’m sure it was highly annoying but let’s be real, I doubt any of them were shocked fans recorded anyway and while they shouldn’t have shared it, it was all with a tone of fawning over him. I think the bigger issue with the small con is fans kept telling them it was poorly run and being upset about it. As others have said he probably has other work lined up too.

Also while I think he and Joe are both still attached to the show and very fond of it, both will likely be “bigger” names by 2024 and won’t want to be tied to HS first and foremost and even if they do, will prefer things like the Brazil con to these random messy events.

by Anonymousreply 295February 11, 2023 5:04 PM

R295 I don't think DL is hung up on it? Or that he is... There as the whole drama where the videos they were supposed to record were cancelled because of that. So it's slightly bigger deal than you are suggesting. Though he gains nothing from going to them at all. And part of the recording of what he said was related to how poorly it was run.

by Anonymousreply 296February 11, 2023 5:10 PM

R295 I guess neither of us can say for sure how bothered he was, but I suspect he was, at least to an extent. He seems to really appreciate his privacy. Don't forget that fame is very new to all of them, and it's all happened so fast, so they may well have been surprised that fans cared enough to secretly record their conversations and then post them publicly. Especially as Kit talked in a small room about his insecurities as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 297February 11, 2023 5:12 PM

R296 I wasn’t referencing that comment solely. DL has mentioned a good bit before that Kit probably felt extremely self conscious his self deprecating comments got out, those recordings probably made him really anxious, etc. I do think he probably has some social anxiety in crowds which is pretty normal and understandable but he’s made of sterner stuff than I think he’s given credit for. Yes, it was in his contract so his and Joe’s videos were cancelled. I don’t think a contract term getting enforced is a sign he felt terribly treated by fans

by Anonymousreply 298February 11, 2023 5:14 PM

R298 Oh I agree that people seem to randomly diagnosis Kit with various things, even here. Even at fashion week people were talking in the thread about how uncomfortable and anxious he must have been, when he was perfectly fine.

Just saying given how it was run, how fans did overstep at times and how he doesn't gain much career wise and wouldn't want to fill up his schedule it's not suspiring he won't do them for awhile. These lesser cons aren't something Joe and Kit should bother with anymore

by Anonymousreply 299February 11, 2023 5:23 PM

R299 While I don't agree with babying Kit, we're all making assumptions here. You say 'he was perfectly fine' - what's the basis of that? If you're talking about Paris, he cried because of how overwhelming it all was and how he felt he didn't deserve it. And yet before we knew that and just saw clips of him smiling at the event, we probably would have said he seemed fine. From experience, people are almost always struggling more under the surface than it appears. Again, I'm not saying that to imply that Kit is in a complete mess and struggles with everything, but there's almost a bit of a dismissal on this forum whenever someone mentions that Kit might be anxious or nervous about something. I think/hope that he's generally okay (despite this totally mad year), but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he speaks about mental health issues at some point.

by Anonymousreply 300February 11, 2023 6:10 PM

R300 He looked perfectly fine at fashion week a few weeks ago mingling with celebs. I'm not sure what else we are supposed to assume there. It's not dismissing anything, but every time he goes out somewhere people have to bring up he's introverted and how much he much struggle to be in public. I think as a celeb, after months of going to fashion shows and other events, he's able to talk to other celebs for about 30 minutes without having major issues is all.

by Anonymousreply 301February 11, 2023 6:19 PM

R300 I’m not 299 but to be fair I think the entire cast could make a claim for mental health issues. This has been a rapid rise to fame for all of them and they genuinely have gotten a crazy amount of attention and shit for the relative size of the show. Bash gets shit on consistently, Kit got forced to come out because of constant queer baiting accusation assholes, Joe can’t breathe without getting either cancelled by the fanbase or called ugly by outside the fandom. While I thankfully haven’t seen it I’m sure there’s been no small amount of transphobia at Yaz and Kizzy as well which is shit.

I think my personal concern with us speculating too much on it for any of them, not just Kit, isn’t being dismissive of their mental health. It’s more thinking that acknowledging situations are or could be shitty or toxic is distinct from drawing conclusions about how they actually feel about it directly. I agree with you that the huge fashion events could honestly be extremely stressful, especially given both Kit and Joe for instance have said they’re more introverted. But I think that’s different from people saying they’re probably really anxious or upset about stuff which goes a bit far in my opinion. It’s fair to say “it was shitty of fans to record at the con when expressly told not to” or “the fans jumping down Bash’s throat because he voiced a role in a game are crossing a line calling him a transphobe”. But as a matter of personal preference unless they’ve actually said something about it I avoid jumping from that to “Kit must be upset and stressed the fans recorded him” or “Bash is probably really really hurt and upset and in mourning”. Most of the time DL is I think really sane and fair (and to be honest, I think since his coming out especially hasn’t “singled Kit out” in the way you’re suggesting). But when we’re specifically theorizing how they all feel in a specific discrete situation we get close to the weird infantilising that’s done on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 302February 11, 2023 6:22 PM

R302 agree. As uncomfortable as it is to acknowledge (particularly as we also objectify them) they are young men who are changing a lot. A good example is the difference between the way Kit talks now about Joe and HS to how he did in the first seasons promo last year. I don’t think he would tell that coffee breath story now and seemed quite keen not to talk about Joe’s thumbs as his first impression. I think some of that probably comes from wanting to protect Joe but lots of it sounded just like a more mature outlook. I know he cried at his first fashion week but apart from looking a bit nervous for awhile at this one he seemed to be pretty upbeat. Joe and he are going to change a lot in the next few years and thinking of something they say in an interview last year as set in stone does infantilise them. But I once suggested here that Kit didn’t seem that introverted to me and it did not go down well

by Anonymousreply 303February 11, 2023 7:06 PM

I would guess that, like he's said, he is anxious and introverted, but it's obviously not to a crippling degree and he's figured out things that help with that and with the impostor syndrome he dealt with in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 304February 11, 2023 7:40 PM

Imagine how much the HS would MELT if Kit & Joe did this 🤣 or even Joe & Bash (I’d kill to see Joe & Bash being openly affectionate). Shame the insane fans have sent them running for the hills. The most you’ll get from them these days is an awkward hug.

(& to be clear, I in no way think these two are together nor do I wish they were. Omar & his boyfriend are one hot couple & I wish they’d be more open about it. They seem really happy!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305February 11, 2023 8:59 PM

R172 It's charming when other young actors are fans of Heartstopper/Joe/Kit. I noticed that Bella Ramsey liked the interview Kit did with BAFTA and they follows both Joe and Kit on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 306February 11, 2023 9:13 PM

R305 yeah, Omar is literally sitting on Edvin’s lap after this win. It’s pretty cute. Agree that I have no interest in them actually being in a relationship but it’s nice seeing men in secure flirty friendships. I definitely have friends I interact with like this

by Anonymousreply 307February 11, 2023 9:21 PM

R305 That is very cute. I feel like Joe and Kit’s peak closeness/flirty moment so far was the swaying at the con. Although the clip in Brazil of them walking on the glass floor is up there.

Also I’m not really following it all, but didn’t Omar recently break up with his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 308February 11, 2023 9:24 PM

R306 Doesn’t Bella also follow Bash?

by Anonymousreply 309February 11, 2023 9:25 PM

I know this sounds silly as they’re all young, but age and “embarrassment” of overt affection with male friends at that age probably plays a role, and it’s also why Kit and Joe have gotten better about just being affectionate and nice to one another publicly more recently. Omar is a few years older than Joe and Kit and Edvin is just extraordinarily affectionate with his friends. Also, while Joe and Kit are definitely mature for their ages, Edvin is EXTREMELY mature and unbothered by speculation and things people say about him. As a caveat before anyone takes this the wrong way, I think both Joe and Kit’s responses to their situations were not only understandable but showed a lot more restraint than I’d have been capable of. But Edvin has fully ignored all queerbaiting, sexuality based, and looks based mocking he’s gotten (he used to get endless shit about his skin). I think he and Omar legitimately could not care less and don’t feel embarrassed by public affection.

I’d wager behind closed doors all the male cast are actually very touchy and affectionate including Joe and Kit. There are candid videos people took on set of Kit and Tobie carrying Will and Joe, lots of behind the scenes pics of Joe hugging everyone and Kit picking them all up, and even the selfie Kit posted from set this season of him and Joe huddled in chairs right next to one another. But agree we’re unlikely to see a big cheek kiss if one of them wins an award, a hug is more likely

by Anonymousreply 310February 11, 2023 9:30 PM

Yes Bella only follows Bash, Joe and Kit from the HS cast. She’s liked Bash’s IG posts going back ages so maybe they’ve know each other for a while.

by Anonymousreply 311February 11, 2023 9:35 PM

Bash and Bella were both in GOT and got nominated for the kid’s BAFTA the same year a few years ago; she also follows Emilia so I’m presuming the latter is the connection

by Anonymousreply 312February 11, 2023 9:39 PM

Bash and Bella at the BAFTAs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313February 11, 2023 10:22 PM

R313 I know it’s part of the nature of being a teenager but it’s wild how well bash grew into his features almost overnight. He got really hot FAST.

by Anonymousreply 314February 11, 2023 10:27 PM

R309 I didn't think there was any point in mentioning Bash when that was a pre-HS follow and not related to the show.

by Anonymousreply 315February 11, 2023 10:31 PM

If Joe doesn’t pop up at NYFW by tomorrow do we lower our expectations? I’m not sure that he would get time off during the week.

by Anonymousreply 316February 12, 2023 12:36 AM

R316 yeah, I’m not completely on top of all the brands Joe wears but there doesn’t really seem anything tomorrow to get him there and as you say, during the week seems unlikely. I’d say he’s not going

by Anonymousreply 317February 12, 2023 2:18 AM

Today the Whatsonstage award results come out. Not a huge pivotal thing but if Joe doesn’t win against the other candidates, none of whom had any real fans or fame before their plays, this fanbase is useless.

by Anonymousreply 318February 12, 2023 4:05 AM

It’s almost impossible for me to wrap my head around the idea that there’s even a remote chance that Joe loses, so right now I’m more bummed that it looks like both Kit and Joe will have missed accepting their first solo awards in person.

by Anonymousreply 319February 12, 2023 5:51 AM

It is still so weird Kit missed the Emmy’s, particularly as he and Maia have possibly cooled off now. I know there are a fair few “good for him/tired/everyone deserves a rest/good boundaries” crew here but I still think it’s fucking weird. Not disrespectful or anything but a strange choice considering he was already traveling and back in London from Argentina not long after

by Anonymousreply 320February 12, 2023 6:17 AM

I agree, it was an odd decision, maybe he just genuinely didn’t think he would win

by Anonymousreply 321February 12, 2023 7:23 AM

R320 Yeah, I do think something was amiss there - including his slightly odd and lacklustre reaction afterwards (which he then amended almost a day later cos people felt it wasn’t good enough). And it seemed like people expected him to be there. I can only assume that something was going on behind the scenes cos he seems the type to take his career very seriously and wouldn’t miss something like that unless he had to.

by Anonymousreply 322February 12, 2023 7:24 AM

Is it possible that his US management thought he was better off not being at the kids Emmy’s, if they are setting him up to be a prestige actor or something. still seems a bit odd as Joe’s management is just the next most influential agency so you think the advice would be similar. Although Joe is going more the Marvel route so prestige actor might not be the aim. Whatever the reason, it was weird

by Anonymousreply 323February 12, 2023 7:31 AM

Every actor starts somewhere though, and the children’s Emmys is hardly a bad place to start

by Anonymousreply 324February 12, 2023 7:35 AM

I agree that he probably didn't think he was going to win. Probably a combination of that and being tired. I can't really blame him if he thought he was going to lose. He went into the NTAs thinking he was going to lose, he said as much at the con, and then lost. If he lost in one of the territories where Heartstopper was successful, I can see where he may have thought the same thing would happen in the US, where the show didn't do much, and especially where he was up against his co-lead and vote splits are a thing. Hell, I know most of us assumed he was going to lose until Olivia Colman won.

I don't really think it was a prestige thing, he doesn't seem like the type to think that way. Only cast member I would buy that from is Yaz.

by Anonymousreply 325February 12, 2023 7:35 AM

FWIW, WME posted about his win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326February 12, 2023 7:37 AM

R324 I think that too which is why it seemed so strange. I had a weird conspiracy for awhile that Kit was in a stand off with Netflix but then remembered he’d just been to Brazil for them and that was absolutely not the reason. It was so weird I couldn’t even maintain a conspiracy about it, and I love a conspiracy

by Anonymousreply 327February 12, 2023 7:37 AM

R323 Joe was already needed in Los Angeles for Agatha that same week, he would have been in the neighborhood regardless so it was a no-brainer for him to go.

by Anonymousreply 328February 12, 2023 7:39 AM

R326 so I’m way off base

by Anonymousreply 329February 12, 2023 7:39 AM

R328 Part of me is always going to wonder if Joe would’ve skipped had he not been needed in LA anyway, especially after the NTA loss.

by Anonymousreply 330February 12, 2023 7:41 AM

How far in advance do you have to confirm attendance to these things? They clearly knew Kit wasn’t going as his would have been the logical second presenter alongside Joe (although Will did a great job tbf)

by Anonymousreply 331February 12, 2023 7:47 AM

R322 I don’t disagree but from the outside it did seem the like the things going on behind the scenes was him watching the football with his girl and her friends

by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2023 7:53 AM

R331 oh totally, he clearly wasn’t going from at least when that was announced. Will flew out for it and clearly spent time with Bash while they were there (I guess Joe was working) which makes Kit not being there even odder to me.

All that being said the very short answer is probably a mix or tired, horny, assumed wasn’t going to win

by Anonymousreply 333February 12, 2023 7:59 AM

Although the same could be also said for Alice, she didn’t go when her show was nominated 9 times or whatever it was, she sent Patrick instead

by Anonymousreply 334February 12, 2023 8:58 AM

Alice's absence was the only one I personally considered egregious. She had two nominations, the show is entirely her thing, and as much as she complained about exhaustion she wasn't anywhere as overworked as Joe and Kit.

by Anonymousreply 335February 12, 2023 9:10 AM

I don’t in anyway think that Kit was an arse by not going. It just struck me as a bit inconsistent with what he usually seemed like. Alice not going seems perfectly in sync with them being a self involved drama queen

by Anonymousreply 336February 12, 2023 9:22 AM

I honestly don’t really care that any of them missed it; just think they (or more accurately their PR) should have been more prepped. I admittedly felt bad for Joe because it sucks to be one of the few attending and then awkwardly losing to your costar but obviously that’s not a reflection on Kit and Joe seemed just fine at the afterparty. I don’t fault Kit for his original hasty IG story being a bit meh, it seems like he just hastily posted as soon as he woke up in the middle of the night. His later one mentioning Joe was really nice and I think how he actually felt. Even if he thought he wouldn’t win, which I think is understandable paranoia given he’s young and pretty modest, it’s the job of his PR who should’ve been prepped for it and sent him “just in case” language for him to post with whatever tweaks he wanted to make.

I get Alice was on a social media break but either attending, sending a preprepped speech so Patrick wouldn’t have to improv, or posting something nice and brief on Instagram would’ve been more courteous.

by Anonymousreply 337February 12, 2023 9:23 AM

R337 You’re right about the PR, Kit’s Instagram post was lovely and so clearly written by him - why wasn’t something prepared for him? All the people he pays to look after him should have been better prepared.

by Anonymousreply 338February 12, 2023 9:39 AM

R337 did Alice not post anything at all? Because that is some weak nonsense

by Anonymousreply 339February 12, 2023 9:41 AM

I don’t think she’s ever acknowledged it, at least not publicly

by Anonymousreply 340February 12, 2023 9:46 AM

R339 Nope, didn’t even acknowledge it in her big post at the beginning of the year post-hiatus. You’d think even if she didn’t want to acknowledge her own wins she would have said something about Daniel Edwards, Olivia, Kit, etc.

by Anonymousreply 341February 12, 2023 9:48 AM

What a piece of work. They are so self involved

by Anonymousreply 342February 12, 2023 9:55 AM

She has an event at the festival Kit is judging, so get ready to hear more about her struggles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343February 12, 2023 10:17 AM

R343 She’s going to talk about what she’s going to do next… my money is on taking another break because of exhaustion. Nobody works harder than Alice

by Anonymousreply 344February 12, 2023 10:24 AM

This is obviously old. Cute banter, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that photo of Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345February 12, 2023 11:45 AM

R345. I assumed you meant this one as not the profile pic of the person on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 12, 2023 12:48 PM

Although looking at it, it looks like the same day based on the outfit but not the same photo

by Anonymousreply 347February 12, 2023 12:49 PM

R347 yep same day they posted cheesy captions about photos they took of one another, but a different pic I don’t think I’ve seen before. Joe also hilariously liked some insanely over the top tweet about how beautiful Bash’s eyes were in that pic. They really don’t hide shit

by Anonymousreply 348February 12, 2023 12:50 PM

R348 I mean who can blame him, Bash’s eyes are something else.

by Anonymousreply 349February 12, 2023 1:24 PM

R349 they’re an insanely good looking couple

by Anonymousreply 350February 12, 2023 1:36 PM

I feel like green eyes are inherently very seductive because they’re rare. And Bash’s are also big and nicely almond shaped on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 351February 12, 2023 2:22 PM

Damn why am I always in surgery when a good chat is going. Re: Kit going to the Emmys - I wouldn’t say it was always expected he wasn’t going because when they announced him as the winner they said he was accepting his own award. So it did seem like a last minute change of plans.

Not that I’m still bummed about not seeing him or anything.

by Anonymousreply 352February 12, 2023 3:20 PM

That’s even weirder then, he genuinely does seem to have blown off the Emmy’s for staying longer in Argentina, at least that’s how it looks.

by Anonymousreply 353February 12, 2023 3:24 PM

[quote]Damn why am I always in surgery when a good chat is going.

Maybe you're accident prone?

by Anonymousreply 354February 12, 2023 4:02 PM

R354 Ha. Not on the receiving end smartass.

by Anonymousreply 355February 12, 2023 4:10 PM

R352 It looked like the show had a bunch of technical errors, so I'm more likely to attribute that to another error, especially with Will having been announced as a presenter ahead of time instead of Kit.

by Anonymousreply 356February 12, 2023 4:47 PM

The entire Emmy ceremony seemed a bit messy. At this point it seems like Kit just didn’t want to go; clearly he was in argentina when they happened. Others are probably right that he didn’t think he’d win. I’ll be honest that I think he should have gone; not out of some obligation or because he’s a dick for not going but because accepting his first “big” award in person probably would’ve been a really nice memory longer term, but hindsight is 20/20 and I can honestly understand why having fun with the hot person he was seeing and her friends in a country he’s never been to seemed more appealing than the Kid’s Emmys

by Anonymousreply 357February 12, 2023 4:57 PM

R352 Yikes, do you mean you're having surgery yourself, or you work in a surgical environment? Either way, I think we were all disappointed for you!

by Anonymousreply 358February 12, 2023 4:59 PM

R358 Yes, I feel like we were all genuinely excited for the LA DLer for getting to meet some of the cast. Too bad he didn’t get to meet Kit as I remember him saying Kit was his preferred cast member.

Think of it this way, if you R355 work in the medical field you may end up meeting him next time he is in LA and falls off a bike or bangs himself up again.

by Anonymousreply 359February 12, 2023 5:20 PM

I thought it was nice to see Kit prioritising his private life over what is essentially work. As a non-famous, I’d be all over going to an awards show & getting dressed up etc but ultimately, this is their job. Same as mine is to go into an office everyday. And I hate having to do work outside work hours 😅 Harping back to YR, it’s something Edvin has said, that it’s important to draw lines. That this is work for them, a job. Not their entire personalities & reason for being. It’s not all that’s going on in their lives. And sometimes the fans find that quite hard to accept. Edvin mentioned that at one point, he found the attention so overwhelming he paused doing all interviews etc and just took time for himself, friends & family. I can’t help think that Kit probably finds it a bit overwhelming at times too. And that on this occasion, he chose to see his girlfriend who he hadn’t seen for a while over something work related.

by Anonymousreply 360February 12, 2023 5:29 PM

Is anyone planning on watching the whatsonstage awards (are they being streamed?) to see if Joe wins?

by Anonymousreply 361February 12, 2023 5:30 PM

Looks like Edvin’s about to be cancelled for admitting he’s bought the new Harry Potter game 😂 the Harry Potter game saga continues .. these queer TV stars daring to like HP .. 🤣 (I hate JKR with a passion but I’m perfectly fine with people liking a book about a wizard)

by Anonymousreply 362February 12, 2023 5:34 PM

R362 Omar also said it was interesting to him and nodded along after Edvin said it

by Anonymousreply 363February 12, 2023 5:38 PM

R362 Oh no, he's currently being "educated"

by Anonymousreply 364February 12, 2023 5:39 PM

R362 Where is the Edvin thing? On Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 365February 12, 2023 5:40 PM

Edvin fans trying to drag Bash into it again though. Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 366February 12, 2023 5:42 PM

Always makes me laugh, “we must educate him” as though he’s 5 and learning his alphabet

by Anonymousreply 367February 12, 2023 5:44 PM

R366 where?

by Anonymousreply 368February 12, 2023 5:44 PM

Yes it is kicking off on twitter I am not familiar with Young Royals fans but I wonder if Edvin is their Kit a classically good looking white boy who they can safely dump their romantic obsessions on and can do no wrong because they seem to be clamouring to enlighten the poor lamb who in spite of being an adult for the last two to three years is apparently such an divine innocent he has no idea Rowling is an unpleasant bigot and needs to be educated by a rabid bunch of puritanical 15 year old girls and then present himself at the twitter morality court to apologise and thank them for correcting his terrible error.

Of course there is no possibility he doesn’t think boycotting a game is the answer or heaven forbid just does not give a shit

by Anonymousreply 369February 12, 2023 6:09 PM

R369 they’re one of the only fandoms where I think both leads are actually pretty equally popular, so a little less of the favouritism kit gets. But yeah they’re both deemed unproblematic darlings

by Anonymousreply 370February 12, 2023 6:21 PM

Good for Joe!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371February 12, 2023 6:36 PM

Wow Joe won that award good for him!

by Anonymousreply 372February 12, 2023 6:36 PM

He was genuinely amazing in The Trials when I saw it, so it really is well deserved, hopefully they release his acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 373February 12, 2023 6:44 PM

He filmed a speech in advance. That’s really sweet, he’s super grateful for everything. Hope they post it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374February 12, 2023 6:45 PM

R369 I think they are both well liked, though Edvin being a 20 year old child who needs to be educated is pretty funny

Good for Joe to winning.

by Anonymousreply 375February 12, 2023 6:45 PM

R370 So circling back around to the homophobia in these online teen girl fan communities I understand that Omar has a boyfriend but identifies as pan or bi and Edvin is unlabelled? Bearing that in mind the common factor for those cancelled, attacked and perceived as a problem is being an openly cis gay man over and above superficial looks.

I am aware that Tobie and Brad have not been targeted in the same way by the Heartstopper crowd but I feel it is their relative obscurity and (sorry boys) the ease with which they have been categorised as sexless fluffy teddy bears that has protected them so far. Although I get the feeling Brad in particular could become a target as he becomes more well known if he makes the wrong moves

by Anonymousreply 376February 12, 2023 6:46 PM

I would agree. Both leads are equally popular, there is very little favouritism. Most fans hero worship both of them. Edvin has mentioned loving Harry Potter in the past, during his summer talk thing last July.. not sure why he wasn’t ‘cancelled’ then to be honest.

I’ll be fascinated to see if he addresses it. Typically, he absolutely won’t. He’s completely ignored the never ending sexuality speculation, unlike Kit. When the fans were being shitty about Omar’s boyfriend & bringing Edvin into it, he appeared to shut off from all social media & very obviously did not wish Omar happy birthday online, something the fans were *desperate* for. I like to think that was a bit of a ‘fuck you, I’m not giving you content until you start behaving again’.

by Anonymousreply 377February 12, 2023 6:48 PM

His speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378February 12, 2023 6:49 PM

He is so likable

by Anonymousreply 379February 12, 2023 6:51 PM

Well done Joe! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 380February 12, 2023 6:52 PM

Also the eyebrow slit and nail polish are in fact for the show given he filmed this from Atlanta. Billy is going to be really cool.

Super sweet that he directed all praise to the cast and everyone else involved in the production. Really really nice person

by Anonymousreply 381February 12, 2023 6:53 PM

R381

Im excited tbh, billy will look super cool.

by Anonymousreply 382February 12, 2023 6:55 PM

Slightly better video, not quite so zoomed in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383February 12, 2023 7:04 PM

He looks gorgeous. I know it could be a filter but I think his teeth have been whitened. It’s interesting watching the Avengers between each movie they get more and more Hollywood and glammed up. I wonder if Joe will end up with a bit of a glow up (please forgive me for using that expression - I couldn’t think of an alternative)

by Anonymousreply 384February 12, 2023 7:05 PM

Pretty sure that’s Bash’s T-shirt. I think they’ll probably stick with minor cosmetic fixes for Joe. He already has great skin so no need for a skin treatment, and Wiccan doesn’t need to be bulky, but tooth whitening and maintaining his eyebrows for the tv and films, plus some Semblance of a workout routine as time goes on to look slim but fit sounds right

by Anonymousreply 385February 12, 2023 7:08 PM

I think he has definitely had dental work I am unashamed to say I am habitually very focused on Joe’s mouth and the impression was immediate. It is either whitening or possibly caps

by Anonymousreply 386February 12, 2023 7:13 PM

R386 it looks like his side tooth is still missing (I also looked intently) so I think just whitening. I know it sounds ironic because he’s missing 1 or 2 teeth but his teeth are actually really nice naturally, as I noticed whenever he smiles. Naturally very straight, nice shape, prettt white. But definitely think he got them whitened.

by Anonymousreply 387February 12, 2023 7:16 PM

R385, I don’t think they have their own clothes anymore, not sure there is “Bash/Joe” clothes, just communal clothes lol

by Anonymousreply 388February 12, 2023 7:21 PM

surprise he didn't blur his background. Can kinda tell where his general location is there

by Anonymousreply 389February 12, 2023 7:21 PM

R388 ha fair enough, but it’s a Daniel fletcher tshirt (I think) that bash has work before and was “originally” his. It’s quite funny that they had to split the communal wardrobe for a few months; Joe also got the green dior sweater. To be fair I think a lot of the t shirts and some sweaters Joe got are legitimately too small for bash. The Commes des Garçons ones for instance

by Anonymousreply 390February 12, 2023 7:23 PM

r389

i have no idea ld what the atlanta area looks like so i wouldnt be able to tell. someone who lives there might be able too

by Anonymousreply 391February 12, 2023 7:24 PM

R391 I can tell, but he seems very unbothered there and HS is barely popular in the US so it's not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 392February 12, 2023 7:24 PM

R392 his hours look crazy too, he’s probably barely ever home. And as you say they are way less likely to track him down in the US

by Anonymousreply 393February 12, 2023 7:26 PM

R386 same. Here we are, always back to Joe’s mouth.

R387 agree that I think it’s probably just whitening. With the exception of the gap, he’s got great teeth

by Anonymousreply 394February 12, 2023 7:37 PM

Somehow HS fans are making this (Edvin buying the game) a way to say kit is unproblematic and would never because he has POC mates? I do think Kit, like Joe and Bash himself ironically, are very good Allies and unlikely to buy the game, not that I think Edvin is transphobic for doing so. But they really can’t let go of the idea that one fav is perfect and will never fail their unrealistic exacting standards. The amount of pressure they put on Kit to be a cardboard cutout is insane

by Anonymousreply 395February 12, 2023 8:19 PM

R395 so many of the internets favourites have been turned on at some point. I’m glad Kit stays relatively offline because if (in all likelihood, when) he says or does something not perfect it will be a shitshow

by Anonymousreply 396February 12, 2023 8:25 PM

R396 agreed, I genuinely feel bad for him. I’ll cop to being slightly more of a Joe fan though I really like both, but the stress on both from the fandom is insane. Joe because of the favouritism and because he gets cancelled for breathing and not dumping his boyfriend; Kit by being put on the most unrealistic pedestal in the world. It’s not good enough for them that he is a sweet openly queer, conscientious good young actor. He needs to be Nobel Peace Prize winner quality and always perfect. Absurd

by Anonymousreply 397February 12, 2023 8:33 PM

Bradley saw Frozen. Truly trying to become Joe

by Anonymousreply 398February 12, 2023 8:42 PM

R398 he went with Chloe who was in the Heartbreak High reboot and wrote a book about being autistic. He’s single white female-ing her AND Joe.

by Anonymousreply 399February 12, 2023 8:45 PM

This clip is old but cute - it seems that the question was something like ‘what physical feature does the other person most like about themselves?’ or similar, based on Kit’s answer. Wish we could see what they wrote for each other. I’d guess that Kit would say ‘hair’ for Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400February 12, 2023 8:55 PM

R400 that’s cute. Joe is really positive about everyone’s appearance, it’s nice. Looks like Kit did write hair for his guess for Joe, yeah - wonder what their actual answers were and why that one was cut? Both are hot so they could have a laundry list of answers but I’d guess they tried to be modest and name minor things like nose or hair or eyes instead of “jawline” (Joe) or “perfect skin” (Kit) or “great ass” (both)

by Anonymousreply 401February 12, 2023 9:05 PM

R400 He does have a great nose. His profile in general is great.

RE: Edvin and Omar, is Edvin usually who wins awards if they're up against each other? I noticed that it looked like he won over Omar in the clip that was posted the other day.

by Anonymousreply 402February 12, 2023 9:06 PM

R402 yeah, Omar is also a genuinely good actor but Edvin is phenomenal. Of the 4 of them (Joe, Kit, Edvin, and Omar) I think Edvin is probably the strongest right now; granted he also has a lot of experience. Omar is a great musician though and gets a lot of attention and hype for that

by Anonymousreply 403February 12, 2023 9:09 PM

R403 That's interesting, I thought Edvin and Omar were pretty much on par the first season. Never got around to watching the second one because the first one didn't really hook me.

by Anonymousreply 404February 12, 2023 9:14 PM

R404 his s2 storyline was good. I would equate it to the Kit and Joe disparity in S1 in some ways; Joe is phenomenally talented but was brand new while kit is also extremely talented and had more experience, and Kit got also scenes that were better written to show a nuanced and strong performance. Edvin got feuding with his parents, an anxiety attack, hopelessly mooning over Simon and being jealous, and coming out S2. He also acted them very well but they’re good storylines to make an impression with for awards

by Anonymousreply 405February 12, 2023 9:19 PM

R378 Just noticed that it looks like Kit's the first one to like the acceptance speech, cute.

by Anonymousreply 406February 12, 2023 9:51 PM

R397 I think it is amazing how well Joe copes with the favouritism. Apart from some early rumblings that it made him feel a bit inadequate, he always seems so genuinely happy for Kit. And very frank that he agrees he’s hot. It’s nice.

by Anonymousreply 407February 12, 2023 9:53 PM

R406 yeah he and will are the two who follow WhatsOnStage. I really love his and Joe’s friendship, it feels very genuine.

R407 honestly not to be too saccharine here but dating someone else in the cast and being able to discuss it with him probably helps. He mentioned that early on he used to think “why do I have fewer followers than this person” (clearly Kit) but knew there lay madness and avoided it. Him landing marvel probably helped as does the fact that while they’re obviously costars and there is kit favouritism, they’re not the same “type” and don’t have any real competition with one another for roles. That plus I think both of them being really kind generous people who root for their mates makes it work out. But agreed Joe is very non resentful about it

by Anonymousreply 408February 12, 2023 10:01 PM

R408 Bash is no doubt a pretty good substitute for a couple million teenage girls and millennial women that he doesn’t know fawning all over him. Love and hot sex over social media recognition any day

by Anonymousreply 409February 12, 2023 10:24 PM

R409 yeah agreed. Obviously being called ugly on the daily still understandably fucked with him; he tweeted about it twice and brought t up in GQ. Even worse when it was and still is often done in “contrast” to Kit being hot, which put Kit in a shitty position too. But having a hot man who is clearly head over heels and very very attracted to him probably helped

by Anonymousreply 410February 12, 2023 10:37 PM

BashLiked the WhatsOnStage post about Joe’s win, unsurprisingly

by Anonymousreply 411February 12, 2023 10:41 PM

R410 and while he doesn’t know it, he also has all of us salivating over him. Is suspect that also translates into queer spaces - you’d think he’d get hit on like crazy at gay events, even with Bash’s hand grafted to his waist

by Anonymousreply 412February 12, 2023 10:49 PM

R412 From what DL in LA said they're not all over each other at events, so I would wager he gets hit on a lot.

by Anonymousreply 413February 12, 2023 11:06 PM

R413 to be fair they knew fans could buy tickets to that one (no offense to DL in LA). At things like the NTA afterparty where there aren’t fans, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were touchier. The photos from the GQ afterparty showed Bash with him basically all night, though agree they’re hardly super clingy or mauling one another

by Anonymousreply 414February 12, 2023 11:11 PM

R414 which is a real shame tbh. Public mauling each other would hot

by Anonymousreply 415February 12, 2023 11:17 PM

R415 if they see homophobes again at pride this year they should do that to show their pride for the community. Kit and Will or Connor or Hot Loewe guy can join for bi rep

by Anonymousreply 416February 12, 2023 11:21 PM

R411 Anyone going to bite and suggest the unusual delay between the post and Bash’s like especially when I assume he already knew Joe had won was because he was in transit for the conjectured Valentines reunion?

by Anonymousreply 417February 12, 2023 11:23 PM

R416 Kit and Will going at it would actually be pretty hot. I also think they should wheel a big Pride cake past the homophobes and a naked Bradley should jump out reading excerpts from his new book.

by Anonymousreply 418February 12, 2023 11:29 PM

R417 Who knows. He also liked this one, not the other one. Didn't even notice when he liked it. If he liked it when anon mentioned it, it was pretty late london time, almost midnight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 12, 2023 11:31 PM

R416 I am still extremely in supportive of this idea and love the inclusion of Hot Loewe Guy

by Anonymousreply 420February 12, 2023 11:33 PM

R419 I’d checked it 15 min before I posted it to see if any of the cast had liked it and no one had, 15 min later Bash had. Think it’s generally s fair guess that he and Joe will spend Valentines, their anniversary, and other “big dates” together.

R420 including all 4 gives Kit his pick. Then the other two can pair up as well. All in the name of pride, of course

by Anonymousreply 421February 12, 2023 11:34 PM

His signature drawn heart. Nice for him to win something substantive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422February 13, 2023 12:21 AM

Kit liked Hot Loewe Guy's most recent Instagram post. Yeah, it was about Rihanna wearing Loewe during the halftime show, but a crumb is a crumb.

by Anonymousreply 423February 13, 2023 8:51 AM

Also, for everyone on Aubrey Instagram Follow Watch, it seems like she's wrapped on Megalopolis so I would keep an eye out this week.

by Anonymousreply 424February 13, 2023 9:44 AM

The moment of Joe winning the award, and his speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425February 13, 2023 11:08 AM

[quote]"They go to France! If you read the comics, you know what's coming, but there's new stuff and surprises. We explore Tao and Elle's relationship, and, after coming out, Nick wants to tell people about him and Charlie," Oseman reveals. The story, as depicted in the graphic novels, does get quite dark for poor Charlie. Will the TV show examine that? "I understand why people think the show is sweet, but look at it: transphobia, homophobia, bullying, sexual assault. It is a love story, but it has some dark and real things. We'll be exploring mental health and how Nick and Charlie deal with that."

Only new bit about the next season from Alice's Attitude interview.

by Anonymousreply 426February 13, 2023 12:10 PM

Alice seems bizarrely unaware of just how fluffy and light Heartstopper is. Season 2 will obviously be a bit darker, but season 1 was basically fantasy land (as much as I enjoyed it). Not to dismiss the issues brought up in season 1, but the vast majority was fluff and even most of the ‘dark’ moments were mild and quickly resolved. And yet Alice has said a few times that she’s surprised that it’s people’s comfort show, as if it’s some hard-hitting documentary.

by Anonymousreply 427February 13, 2023 12:51 PM

Boring but whatever, Tobie and Kit have both liked the video of Joe’s speech and Bash liked the post about his win.

by Anonymousreply 428February 13, 2023 1:42 PM

Kizzy reposted it.

by Anonymousreply 429February 13, 2023 3:56 PM

New content!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430February 13, 2023 4:01 PM

Bash’s friend Amybeth also liked it. It’s nice how much their mates like their SOs

by Anonymousreply 431February 13, 2023 4:02 PM

R430 By 'eck! Wonder when they filmed that. Looking forward to watching it - love how Kit's wearing the dinosaur shirt, also.

by Anonymousreply 432February 13, 2023 4:04 PM

R430 They both look really hot here. Kit is so well-spoken, especially for his age, and Joe was so adorable when he started tearing up at Nick's coming out scene.

by Anonymousreply 433February 13, 2023 4:10 PM

Random nitpick, but it's random how they've worded part of the video description - 'as Nick reveals their sexuality to their mum'.

by Anonymousreply 434February 13, 2023 4:29 PM

R432 I think around when they shot the cover, so maybe August? Kit’s hair was still pretty long there.

by Anonymousreply 435February 13, 2023 4:31 PM

I wish they'd reacted to Charlie's emotional drum scene cos that's Joe's strongest scene (in my opinion).

by Anonymousreply 436February 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Joe making Kit compliment him is so funny. He’s not wrong that he’s beautiful

by Anonymousreply 437February 13, 2023 4:39 PM

R436 yeah not to nitpick but why were these so Nick heavy? The rain kiss and the the milkshake scene were pretty even but the other 3 were super Nick centric. And Kit talked for the vast majority of the interview which I can’t blame him for because the scenes were all his, but I would’ve actually appreciated hearing from Joe

by Anonymousreply 438February 13, 2023 4:42 PM

R435, they refer to Pride being “recently” so yeah I’d guess August or September

by Anonymousreply 439February 13, 2023 4:42 PM

I'm starting to think the lack of Joe speaking is because of Joe, especially since at one point you have someone in the background ask a question specifically aimed at him when these interviews are usually just click and comment.

by Anonymousreply 440February 13, 2023 4:45 PM

Not a shipper, but they’re proper cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441February 13, 2023 4:50 PM

You can tell the queerbaiter stuff was weighing on him here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442February 13, 2023 4:52 PM

R440 I mean to be fair what is he meant to say about scenes that he wasn’t in at all or where his character says nothing?i do think he’s a little quieter than Kit in interViews generally and that’s their personal preference which is fair, but GQ picked scenes he would have next to nothing he could speak about while Kit got to talk about his acting process, character choices, anecdotes etc. They’re both quite likable and charming in it anyway but doing the rain kiss, milkshake, arcade, coming out, and drums scene would’ve been better.

by Anonymousreply 443February 13, 2023 4:52 PM

R441 Joe was straight up radiant looking in this interview. I find Kit attractive but him not shaving his neck drives me a bit mental. That said their friendship is very very lovely

by Anonymousreply 444February 13, 2023 4:59 PM

R441 they’re very fond of each other, it’s cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445February 13, 2023 5:10 PM

I’m sure the TikTok shipping videos are already being made

by Anonymousreply 446February 13, 2023 5:13 PM

R445 I'm definitely way too invested in their adorable friendship. Bless 'em.

by Anonymousreply 447February 13, 2023 5:14 PM

Very cute video Joe in particular looking hot as hell and as perfect as he is for the role of eye candy I too would like to hear him speaking more.

As an aside who keeps posting screenshots from the annoying homophobic Kit obsessed lesbian? It is bad enough coming across her in the twitter searches I do not want to see her on here especially when her entire vocabulary consists of “squish” “he’s so” and two gifs on repeat. Aspire to better

by Anonymousreply 448February 13, 2023 5:22 PM

R448 “homophobic Kit obsessed lesbian” sounds like it should be an internal contradiction but in the HS fandom nothing surprises me.

Because I’m bored, who in the cast will post for valentines? I presume kizzy and his partner, Bradley will have about 45 stories and a post about it. I don’t know if any of the others besides Bash, Joe, and Kit are/were seeing anyone and I don’t expect anything from those 3

by Anonymousreply 449February 13, 2023 5:25 PM

R448 She's definitely a Kit obsessed lesbian, but how is she homophobic? Genuine question.

Also, I shared one of her pics on here but mainly cos she posts a lot and they're easy to find.

by Anonymousreply 450February 13, 2023 5:27 PM

R449, absolutely zero chance of anything from Joe, Bash and Kit, unless someone spots the first two in Target or something. Don’t think anyone else is openly in a relationship aside from the ones you mentioned

by Anonymousreply 451February 13, 2023 5:30 PM

She's a bit weird and obviously biased but I've never seen her be homophobic, so I second that question.

by Anonymousreply 452February 13, 2023 5:30 PM

R449 I think Bradley thinks he's a celebrity now so I doubt he'll post anything. Will post on his finsta he doesn't need.

by Anonymousreply 453February 13, 2023 5:43 PM

R450 She is very much part of the obsessively online fan hate group that are driven by homophobia however sweetly asinine she keeps her public posts and was one of the names exposed in those viciously homophobic messages recently. She apparently denied it was her and claimed instead that it was someone pretending to be her not that it matters either way she is either a tacit anti gay homophobe or a toxic one take your pick.

Someone who posts on here really struggles to let it pass when she is mentioned so I assume one of our twitter visitors is a big fan of hers

by Anonymousreply 454February 13, 2023 5:46 PM

R454 Ah yes, I saw the screenshot where one of the usernames had 'mills' in the title - I don't buy that that was her, though. Why would she be so obvious in putting her actual name next to the comment, when she's one of the most well-known/followed fans in HSTWT, and then vehemently deny it? Also, I don't deny that some of the hate online is driven by homophobia, but certainly not all - a lot of it is just this ridiculous culture nowadays of expecting everyone to be morally perfect and leaping on them if they aren't, to gain morality points. This woman is queer and obsessed with the gayest show ever - it seems a bit of a leap to say her (admittedly ridiculous) criticisms online are driven by homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 455February 13, 2023 5:54 PM

To be honest I don’t think she’s a homophobe so much as I side eye the claim she’s a lesbian. Not to say you can’t have a male favourite as a lesbian (gay men stanning women is a tale as old as time) but she seems legitimately horny for him. Could be wrong. To me there’s no issue with having a cast favourite or preference, I just wish they were all up front about it and stopped claiming to like both evenly. If Kit is your favourite, i get it. he’s hot, a good actor and extremely likable. But then you can’t start “holding Joe and bash accountable” claiming you’re a fan of them all when you don’t give a shit

by Anonymousreply 456February 13, 2023 5:58 PM

Unrelated, but I think it's cute that Taron Edgerton is still supportive of Kit. Noticed he liked one of the GQ interview clips and he also liked BAFTA's Kit post from the other day.

by Anonymousreply 457February 13, 2023 6:11 PM

Joe’s expression in that last frame, oof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458February 13, 2023 6:13 PM

R458 that’s a man who doesn’t like it when you upset his friends

by Anonymousreply 459February 13, 2023 6:15 PM

Joe is so expressive naturally. I definitely agree with what Kit is saying and this isn’t to degrade his point but I’d be really interested to hear the flip side and Joe’s perspective at some point. How not passing as easily and being more “obviously” queer has been difficult. The queerbaiting shit leveled constantly at Kit before he came out was idiotic. I think it would be helpful to have the flip side though, of people who are undeniably queer young and how the world, media, etc. treat them

by Anonymousreply 460February 13, 2023 6:16 PM

R459 Oh I definitely wouldn’t fuck with Joe, of all the cast he seems like he can be incredibly loyal and fiesty.

by Anonymousreply 461February 13, 2023 6:21 PM

Yay new content! I want more of it now haha!

They both look lovely, particularly Joe. Love that Kit is wearing his dinosaur t-shirt. It’s funny how we get more new anecdotes when it’s just the two of them in comparison to when they are being interviewed. From now on all new content should just be Joe and Kit chit chatting.

by Anonymousreply 462February 13, 2023 6:32 PM

I really like how dark Joe’s eyes are. Random but I noticed it in a lot of the screenshots from the interview.

I hope for more standard interviews they’re at least allowed to ask one another the questions next time as while they’re lovely to interviewers, they’re so relaxed and jokey with just one another. The season 1 “cast interviews each other” interview was good for that banter

by Anonymousreply 463February 13, 2023 6:39 PM

R460 you mean like that tweet that got 1000s of likes that said it was easier for Joe and Bash because they were “effeminant”; an early clue of exactly how entitled and homophobic the fan base is. Totally agree that I hope Joe talks about it one day.

by Anonymousreply 464February 13, 2023 6:47 PM

R464 that plus things like Nick being “the perfect boyfriend” and the “boyfriend everyone would want”, which is of course in part a reference to him genuinely being really supportive of Charlie but also to Nick/Kit being more “straight hot”. One of the things I’ll give Alice credit for is developing Charlie a lot S1 in a way he was more understated in the comics as being extremely supportive of Nick coming out. He never got upset at him, even when he asked to hide they were together, said yes to a date with a girl, and wouldn’t help him up when he got hurt. I think Alice to her credit does actually see the relationship as very even and them as the ideal couple; the fanbase has projected that Nick/Kit is perfect and Charlie/Joe is the blessed recipient of their love

by Anonymousreply 465February 13, 2023 7:01 PM

I’m not sure I entirely agree about Joe needing to talk more about his scenes. It seems like they were suggesting scenes themselves so that’s how they ended up with those. There is something about their dynamic that seems really authentic. I always get the impression that Joe is quieter during these things because real to life he’s a bit of little shit and likes to tease Kit in a way that’s not really interview appropriate

by Anonymousreply 466February 13, 2023 7:15 PM

Finally watching the interview - interesting that Kit said 'that was our first one' about the rain kiss. Seems like they filmed that before the proper makeout scene of episode 3?

by Anonymousreply 467February 13, 2023 7:20 PM

R467 Ep 3 was one of the last they filmed. I think you can tell the rain kiss is the first. It’s always seemed the oddest

by Anonymousreply 468February 13, 2023 7:26 PM

Bradley and his curly haired boyfriend are in Sicily for valentines it seems so I’m guessing he’ll post about it

by Anonymousreply 469February 13, 2023 9:05 PM

R466 I liked the vibe between Joe and Kit and don’t mind Kit talking more in interviews, I do think that’s just their personalities. But I do think this was on GQ. I get the scenes came up organically but asking “ok Kit what’s your favourite Joe scene” to balance it out would’ve been good.

by Anonymousreply 470February 13, 2023 9:31 PM

When they said no one kisses like that I wonder if they meant the rain for something about the actual kiss. I remember do some professional headshots and the way they asked me to tilt my head felt so strange and unnatural. I remember thinking these photos are going to look insane but in the end they came out quite well. I wonder if it’s similar were something could be angled quite awkwardly but translates well on screen.

by Anonymousreply 471February 13, 2023 9:59 PM

The way their heads are angled so straight is fairly unnatural, in my experience at least.

by Anonymousreply 472February 13, 2023 10:22 PM

R472 agreed, it looks good on camera as you see both their faces well but their noses were probably pressed together pretty uncomfortably

by Anonymousreply 473February 13, 2023 10:24 PM

Blink-and-you-miss-it, but I thought this interaction was cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474February 13, 2023 11:16 PM

R474 Joe is so sweet. To be fair I think the coming out probably hit home to most queer people. It’s really lovely that Joe kept a lot of the praise on Kit and his performance; even when Kit praised Olivia Joe directed it to him as well

by Anonymousreply 475February 13, 2023 11:22 PM

Hopefully Netflix comes through and drops the interview they did back in December on Valentine’s Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476February 13, 2023 11:29 PM

R474 Yeah, that was one of my favourite moments of the video. Joe genuinely tearing up, Kit immediately turning to check on him with a smile and a soft ‘pause it now’. Very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 477February 13, 2023 11:30 PM

R476 That would be the dream! People are speculating that we’re gonna get *something* tomorrow, like a release date or something. I’m not especially convinced.

by Anonymousreply 478February 13, 2023 11:35 PM

R474 They have such a mature friendship

by Anonymousreply 479February 13, 2023 11:40 PM

R479 They're both very...intuitive of each other's needs? Pretty much the ideal situation for two people who blew up together in such a unique way.

by Anonymousreply 480February 13, 2023 11:43 PM

I do think they have a really sweet considerate friendship, but in that instance Kit had tried to pause it before and failed and then asked Joe to pause it. I do think he’d cover for Joe generally but in that instance he legitimately did want to pause and discuss before I think

by Anonymousreply 481February 14, 2023 12:07 AM

R466 Joe trying to be a little shit about it not being hard to play smitten with him and Kit not missing a beat, not taking the bait, and calling Joe beautiful was one of the funnier bits. Kit's used to Joe's shit at this point.

by Anonymousreply 482February 14, 2023 12:58 AM

New old Joe TikTok dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 14, 2023 2:57 AM

Did he used to straighten his hair?

by Anonymousreply 484February 14, 2023 4:49 AM

If this person is to be believed, looks like Joe’s back in London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485February 14, 2023 8:07 AM

They might all have a break, Aubrey posted a picture with Kathryn, Amy Poehler, and Rashida Jones yesterday and I don't think the latter two would be in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 486February 14, 2023 8:33 AM

I just remembered that there was a rumor a long time ago that Amy was going to be in Agatha. I think from Deux Moi?

by Anonymousreply 487February 14, 2023 8:57 AM

R486 oh interesting I hadn’t seen that. Pretty sure Rashida and Amy both live in NY so I’d guess they’re all there

by Anonymousreply 488February 14, 2023 9:02 AM

R488 It was rumored back in May, I found the old posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489February 14, 2023 9:09 AM

real question, not being a dick, has Deux Moi had reliable marvel leaks before?

by Anonymousreply 490February 14, 2023 9:17 AM

R490 They've broken a lot of casting news overall, not sure if they have a particular record with Marvel stuff.

by Anonymousreply 491February 14, 2023 9:32 AM

Ooh, interesting about Joe being in London. Guessing he’ll be able to spend Valentine’s with Bash which is lovely. I wonder if he’s planning to pop up at London Fashion Week? Starts in a few days.

by Anonymousreply 492February 14, 2023 9:35 AM

Maybe it was a train from Heathrow, I assume flights from Atlanta probably are relatively regular

by Anonymousreply 493February 14, 2023 9:54 AM

Joe and Kit brushing confetti from each other's hair while confetti is still raining from the sky/ceiling will always make me laugh. Cute though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 14, 2023 10:30 AM

This is random and geeky, but I like that in the GQ interview they have a camera angle that allows for a close-up shot of Joe or Kit, whilst still being able to see the other person for their reaction. It was frustrating on some of the Zoom calls when we'd miss the other person's reaction to an interesting question/answer.

by Anonymousreply 495February 14, 2023 10:43 AM

R494 They’re cute, but the part at the end where Kit dodges his mom trying to help always cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 496February 14, 2023 11:19 AM

R496 Haha yeah, love that. You can literally see him say 'Mum!' exasperatedly.

by Anonymousreply 497February 14, 2023 11:21 AM

Since that shay woman clearly reads here, stop arguing with people online about bash and Joe. You’re making things way worse for them going on and on and on. Just shut up.

by Anonymousreply 498February 14, 2023 3:02 PM

I haven’t seen this pic before, cute.

Also sorry, Kit obsessed lesbian is back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 14, 2023 3:02 PM

Original source

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500February 14, 2023 3:23 PM

Joe liked this Czech footballer’s coming out post and a bunch of his other posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501February 14, 2023 3:33 PM

Huge respect for that Czech footballer (and I’m sure Joe does too) Football is rife with homophobia

by Anonymousreply 502February 14, 2023 3:55 PM

Funny that Yaz only posted the solo video Netflix made of just her and not the one with her costars. She is all about the self promo, I almost admire it

by Anonymousreply 503February 14, 2023 4:02 PM

R503 Haha I’m glad someone does. I just find it highly irritating.

by Anonymousreply 504February 14, 2023 4:32 PM

Speaking of the video, pretty sure that’s the outfit she was wearing while she was in New York so she was there to do stuff with Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 505February 14, 2023 4:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506February 14, 2023 4:46 PM

R505 good catch, I wonder if she has something else in the works with them?

by Anonymousreply 507February 14, 2023 4:49 PM

R506 Will is pretty hot in this video. Wonder if he's got anyone to share Valentines Day with.

by Anonymousreply 508February 14, 2023 5:28 PM

Seeing Tobie in these videos but not Cori and Kizzy feels a little off. I wonder if that’s because Cori and Kizzy weren’t available or if it’s in any way an indication of how press for the second season is going to go.

by Anonymousreply 509February 14, 2023 5:37 PM

I think Tobie's story is going to be pushed a lot for S2 pretty obviously.

by Anonymousreply 510February 14, 2023 5:43 PM

R509 was Tobie included in the Christmas one? I can’t recall. If so, weird choice to exclude kizzy and cori. If not; my guess is his inclusion for Valentines is meant to fit in with the “love of all kinds” message in the video, since his character is aroace

by Anonymousreply 511February 14, 2023 5:48 PM

You’d think they’d include a lesbian character in there if that were the idea then

by Anonymousreply 512February 14, 2023 6:07 PM

R510 Fully expecting that Tobie will be pushed more, but I’m hoping it’s not at the expense of Cori and Kizzy.

by Anonymousreply 513February 14, 2023 6:18 PM

R510 I wonder if Tobie will get read for filth for being a white man taking attention away from lesbian couples or if that’s only aimed at men who ruin their little Nick and Charlie fantasy

by Anonymousreply 514February 14, 2023 6:26 PM

Oh, there will absolutely be backlash if Tobie's front and center and Kizzy/Cori disappear.

by Anonymousreply 515February 14, 2023 6:37 PM

The backlash is already starting though not against Tobie, more against Netflix for excluding kizzy and cori. To be honest if this was a one off I’d say no big deal but it does suck that they’re consistently shut out. Also extremely tacky of Attitude, a queer publication, to continuously ignore them. The cover was just Kit, Joe, Will and Yaz; Yaz got the icon award; only Kit, Joe, Will and Yaz were invited to the event both years (strongly suspect Bash was s plus one in 2021). Weird choice

by Anonymousreply 516February 14, 2023 6:46 PM

Nobody gives much of a shit about Kizzy and Cori so I doubt it'll amount to much

by Anonymousreply 517February 14, 2023 6:49 PM

R517 while I think it would be valid for people to want Kizzy and Cori in more stuff, of the major “complainers” no one gives a shit about any of the cast aside from Kit. They don’t care about kizzy or cori or yaz or will until they’ve decided they’re a good tool to use to shit on Bash and Joe, like getting mad a Joe fan account made a Joe video of clips from the trial or that bash went to Brazil (clearly as a plus one). Sucks for Kizzy and cori because they do probably deserve more attention but they’re mostly ignored except to shit on Bash and Joe

by Anonymousreply 518February 14, 2023 6:52 PM

R516 I didn't think much of that because it seemed fair to me that they split the two gay publication covers the way that they did (Kit/Joe with Cori/Kizzy on Gay Times, Kit/Joe with Yaz/Will on Attitude). Plus, Kizzy and Cori did go to the Gay Times event.

by Anonymousreply 519February 14, 2023 7:02 PM

Cori stood out to me as being one of the best actors in the show. She’s much stronger than Yaz, and has a similar amount of screen time. Cori has been working quite a bit in the past year, mostly on small projects, and nobody ever says anything about it. I don’t understand why people ignore her so much. She apparently a trained stuntman. I would absolutely love to see her have a big breakout role in an action movie.

by Anonymousreply 520February 14, 2023 7:02 PM

R518 That's why I don't see Tobie getting much shit for it unless they can somehow make it about cis white gay men in general and drag Bash into it. Cori actually gets her misgendering Kizzy brought up at least once a week, even if Kizzy obviously didn't care, so they don't even pretend to like her.

by Anonymousreply 521February 14, 2023 7:03 PM

R521 forgot about that. She also occasionally gets some “supported JD” shit, like bash did, for following him on IG at some point; meanwhile Will is fine for saying he adores his acting and would want him to play him in a film. It’s genuinely so funny to tell normal people what the cast (by which I mean bash, Joe, and a little Cori and Leila) have been cancelled for because in the real world zero of it is problematic

by Anonymousreply 522February 14, 2023 7:10 PM

I would say that if Isaac and James get too much time (particularly if they take time from Nick and Charlie) that even Tobie’s charm won’t save him from the Kit stans pretending to be supporting the lesbian characters. When in reality they just want to watch two boys kissing more. As an aside it’s so weird that they basically hate Joe now, unless Kit’s got his mouth on him.

by Anonymousreply 523February 14, 2023 7:25 PM

R523 the Joe hate is a big plot twist. I know some of it is linked to bash, but honestly think even more is linked to the marvel casting and him “overtaking” Kit, which is stupid because (1) kit is signed with a great agency and is talented, he’ll book big things and (2) Joe and Kit don’t look alike or have any real overlap in roles they’d go out for so there is no competition anyway. Besides which they seem genuinely thrilled for one another’s successes. Have seen a lot of snide tweets about how they’re “so glad” Kit isn’t tied down to a conglomerate like marvel when he can do way more prestigious things, truly bizarre

by Anonymousreply 524February 14, 2023 7:29 PM

If Isaac and James take up too much time, the backlash isn't going to be limited to Kit stans. Kit and Joe are the only reason the show works.

by Anonymousreply 525February 14, 2023 7:30 PM

R521 fascinating that yet another hetronormatively attractive man (who presumably sleeps with women even if queer) is allowed to say what he wants but a black woman still gets dragged for the same stuff. Clearly all their shit about race is just a cover so they can slobber all over a boy they want kiss (not fuck, they’d never do that!!!)

by Anonymousreply 526February 14, 2023 7:31 PM

R524 I have a theory that it could go either way. If Kit maintains his pretty hardline friendship + what he’s signed on to gets announced + he and Joe have some chaste but slightly steamy (largely because of them not the writing) scenes it might ease right off for Joe, or become the fringe rather than the norm when he is announced as Wiccan. Particularly if someone fucking googles and realises two of the Avengers are played by Jewish actors. Yes, representation matters but the whole ethnic group is not excluded from Marvel.

by Anonymousreply 527February 14, 2023 7:45 PM

R522 Cant see fans speaking out against Alice's asexual vanity project. Alice is the only person who comes close to the popularity of Kit in those circles. Don't think critics are going to say much since Alice seems to think this storyline is very important and life changing. At worst, maybe something about how the cast/storyline is bloated.

by Anonymousreply 528February 14, 2023 7:48 PM

R525 Yeah, we don’t need to relitigate what Twitter weirdos will say or do for the 200th time when we had professional TV critics saying as much last year.

by Anonymousreply 529February 14, 2023 7:50 PM

R528 yeah I agree; frankly, if for no other reason than that fans will be slaughtered for implying asexual storylines don’t need a lot of screen time. My guess is as always it’ll come back to Bash, as though Alice didn’t write ben in. “Wish we had more development for Nick and Charlie or Darcy and Tara but of course the Netflix white boy playing a sexual assaulter was more important”, even if he has all of 5 min of screentime

R527 honestly I think a lot of them have always been indifferent At best to Joe; the marvel thing and blocking that weird fan are just excuses to be dicks

by Anonymousreply 530February 14, 2023 7:51 PM

I know alice has mentioned the asexuality plot line in recent interviews, but realistically how much time would she devote to it, like 20 minutes tops. I doubt she would devote a whole episode to it?

by Anonymousreply 531February 14, 2023 9:15 PM

I really do think (and strongly hope) that the ace storyline will be a minute or so per episode, max. I’m sure Alice pushed for more, but the reality is that it is not a storyline that most viewers will be interested in.

by Anonymousreply 532February 14, 2023 9:19 PM

Also don’t think she’s going to write another big pivotal coming out storyline. The aro or ace characters in HS (Aled and Tori) are written to just kind of be that way as opposed to a big coming out arc, do I can see Isaac just mentioning it, “educating the others” on it, and that being the extent of it

by Anonymousreply 533February 14, 2023 9:27 PM

Since no one is giving us anything to talk about except Bradley, kizzy posted a solo photo saying “happy valentines”. He hasn’t liked his partner’s last post and they haven’t liked that one. Probably nothing, they’re still following one another, but interesting

by Anonymousreply 534February 14, 2023 9:30 PM

Wonder who else will be getting Valentines sex tonight other than Joe and Bash? I guess quite a few of the cast will be having a Valentines wank instead.

by Anonymousreply 535February 14, 2023 9:44 PM

I'd be surprised if everyone in the cast isn't dating someone, well minus Kit since I'm not sure what's up with his relationship right now

by Anonymousreply 536February 14, 2023 9:52 PM

R536 sorry, you think they’re all in relationships?

by Anonymousreply 537February 14, 2023 9:56 PM

R537 They are all mostly hot and young, yes they probably are even if it's not all that serious

by Anonymousreply 538February 14, 2023 9:59 PM

R536 if Kit Connor wants to have Valentine’s Day sex I don’t think the possibility he’s currently single would stand in his way!

by Anonymousreply 539February 14, 2023 10:06 PM

R538 oh yeah I just couldn’t tell if you meant they were all in relationships or single. If any of them wanted to date someone they could in a heartbeat, agreed

by Anonymousreply 540February 14, 2023 10:07 PM

R539 I agree with that. Doesn't seem like Maia would mind anyway. Hope he had a good time.

by Anonymousreply 541February 14, 2023 10:13 PM

R534 I noticed the other day that his partner deleted the lovey-dovey TikTok that Kit had commented on, but I have no idea when it disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 542February 14, 2023 10:23 PM

R542 ah I hadn’t noticed; plus I realised none Of the cast members who followed Beth liked their last pic and Kizzy’s caption and timing seems very odd for a solo pic on valentines. Guessing they’re broken up then, kizzy liked Beth’s last ig post on February 2 so presume after then though obviously this is all still speculation

by Anonymousreply 543February 14, 2023 10:27 PM

Kit just followed Amybeth on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 544February 14, 2023 10:32 PM

Probably just via knowing Bash, but would be cool if they were in something together. She’s a genuinely talented actress

by Anonymousreply 545February 14, 2023 10:37 PM

R545 I think it's more likely that they all caught up with Bash and Joe now that Joe's back in town or something than that they're working together, so I agree.

Different topic, but a Feige interview was released today and he confirmed the slow-down and spacing out of the D+ shows. 2025 for Agatha looks pretty likely.

by Anonymousreply 546February 14, 2023 10:45 PM

R546 honestly I’m guessing that much as everyone (including me) is impatient for the young avengers soon, the jokes about how the young avengers will all be 20s to 30s is actually intentional on their part. They’ve never (aside from Spider-Man) launched films based solely around teen protagonists. Having them all be late teens to early 20s as the characters might in fact be something they want

by Anonymousreply 547February 14, 2023 10:47 PM

I’m actually happy that there’ll be a delay. Feige needs to get his bearings and right the ship before he touches YA. Quantumania reviews came out today and it’s looking like this’ll end up being the most poorly-reviewed Marvel movie.

by Anonymousreply 548February 14, 2023 11:04 PM

R548

I haven’t even seen the reviews yet eekk. As much as i would hate it, I’d rather wait for a properly worked show for Joe

by Anonymousreply 549February 14, 2023 11:07 PM

R549 It’s at 55% on RT and the Variety review included this glowing quote:

[quote]“Quantumania” is no cheat (it sucks you in, hooks your eyeballs, wrings you out), but if this is what Phase 5 looks like, God save us from Phases 6, 7 and 8.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550February 14, 2023 11:11 PM

R548 yikes. Those reviews are appalling. In the last 4 movies only Black Panther has been any good. I can’t believe that they wasted Paul Rudd, Chris Hemsworth and Elizabeth Olsen on awful movies

by Anonymousreply 551February 14, 2023 11:11 PM

Interesting that the Disney+ shows have been much better than the movies. I think they are getting heat for over saturation but in reality they have all had at least some redeeming factors. Thor and Dr Strange were without any point at all

by Anonymousreply 552February 14, 2023 11:16 PM

I liked the Multiverse of Madness , but Wanda in the movie didn't seem anything like Wanda at the end of WandaVision. Suddenly she was all "not without my childrreeen" while being all wacko crazy over them and the kids being her total focus in life, when it wasn't really like that in Wandavision at all. Vision isn't even dead rn, so I guess they had to find a reason for her to be pissed

by Anonymousreply 553February 14, 2023 11:19 PM

Yeah, a lot of the D+ show blowback has felt like neckbeards being purists more than anything else. They keep going on about the shows last year being terrible, but one of those shows included what was probably the best episode out of any of the shows, definitely the best-acted one.

by Anonymousreply 554February 14, 2023 11:20 PM

I guess there is always the possibility that Joe will be introduced earlier through something else. Marvel are quite good at making inconsistent timelines work. I’m not a screenwriter so I have no suggestions on how. Just idle speculation. I wonder if Kit would risk signing on to new look DC. It’s by no means a given success but James Gunn has had a pretty good track record (he’s the new creative head of DCU for those not versed in all the superhero shit)

by Anonymousreply 555February 14, 2023 11:35 PM

If Kit wanted to go the DC path, I guess the Elseworlds movies haven’t been terrible. He might be too young for what they’re setting up in the DCEU proper right now (from what I vaguely saw of Gunn’s plans, I could be wrong).

by Anonymousreply 556February 14, 2023 11:40 PM

Joe is either up really late or isn't actually in London, he liked Gaga's Folie à Deux picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557February 15, 2023 2:09 AM

R557 I’d guess up late. Watch me be totally wrong and he’s spotted in Atlanta tomorrow, but both Kathryn and Aubrey being off set and presumably in NY timed perfectly with someone spotting him on a train in London makes sense. 5 hour time difference; if he has jet lag and napped today he could very well still be up and scrolling IG bored while Bash sleeps. Guess we’ll see if he’s spotted in the next few days

by Anonymousreply 558February 15, 2023 2:15 AM

It's only 3am london time. Not that crazy considering he's used to it being 10

by Anonymousreply 559February 15, 2023 2:22 AM

I’m an idiot that never learns and am still hoping for a LFW appearance after the bust that was NYFW, so crossing my fingers that the one random sighting was accurate.

by Anonymousreply 560February 15, 2023 2:35 AM

R560 I am also an idiot who never learns and hoping/thinking the Zak GQ follow may be linked to LFW

by Anonymousreply 561February 15, 2023 2:36 AM

R56 I mean, it would make a lot more sense if he was spotted at LFW instead

by Anonymousreply 562February 15, 2023 3:43 AM

I'm not sure which show Joe would go to. DL fav JW Anderson is on Sunday, but Joe wears his clothes but has never gone to one of his shows. I'm also assuming if he's actually in London he won't stay long. Kit I'm assuming will go Sunday though

by Anonymousreply 563February 15, 2023 4:04 AM

There is an Oxfam fashion charity event; can see him going to that perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 564February 15, 2023 4:06 AM

R563

Actually looking at the schedule, unless his stylist/pr have him go to new brands, none of the designers showing Joe has worn. I mean he has worn Jw anderson but that designer seems very much Kits thing.

mcqueen, dior, & ami show in paris/other cities so here is to me hoping to see him in paris during the summer shows.

by Anonymousreply 565February 15, 2023 4:44 AM

Joe doesn't have formal ties with any one designer, so I'm still hopeful that he'll pop up somewhere new.

by Anonymousreply 566February 15, 2023 4:51 AM

R566

I kind of want to see him at the Burberry show since they are doing another rebrand. I know this would be a long shot but i would love to see him at the Pharrell LV debut in June

by Anonymousreply 567February 15, 2023 4:55 AM

R566 I love that he’s a fashion free agent. Not that there is a single thing wrong with being signed to the houses, it’s just how deep that contract runs. Kit seems to be contractually able to wear other designers but has clear link to a designer, a bit like Zendaya and Valentino. I think if that was going to happen with Joe, it would be McQueen (six months ago I would have said Dior)

by Anonymousreply 568February 15, 2023 4:57 AM

R568 agreed, though a closer relationship with MxQueen would be great. British designer, he has the “look” for it, and all three looks he’s worn from them have been really good. Holly generally kills it though anyway

by Anonymousreply 569February 15, 2023 5:00 AM

R568 Kit seemingly has what is probably the ideal kind of contract. I hate when celebs are slaves to wearing one designer to everything, like Emma Stone and LV.

by Anonymousreply 570February 15, 2023 5:20 AM

New pic, potentially? It’s really annoying when fans save photos and repost without any credit back to the original source, because they want the likes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571February 15, 2023 7:58 AM

R571 the original. From the night recently he went to the play

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572February 15, 2023 8:00 AM

Question: Is Rhea not straight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573February 15, 2023 8:50 AM

R571 I really hope that tweet is wrong and the curtains are not on the way back

by Anonymousreply 574February 15, 2023 8:53 AM

R573 I don’t think she’s ever said one way or another, it would be a slightly weird tweet for a straight person to send, but, stranger things have happened

by Anonymousreply 575February 15, 2023 9:08 AM

R574 Same, they were a very unflattering look. Parted to the side and swept back really suits him.

by Anonymousreply 576February 15, 2023 9:19 AM

British LGBT Awards nominations

Media Moment - Netflix's Heartstopper

LGBT+ Celebrity - Kit Connor, Yasmin Finney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577February 15, 2023 9:58 AM

Yaz's blurb mentioning her Emmy nomination but Kit's not mentioning his win is stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578February 15, 2023 10:07 AM

R578 says a lot about why Yaz is actually on these lists… trans representation, yes. Self involved self promotion, also yes.

by Anonymousreply 579February 15, 2023 10:12 AM

Nomination for Yaz and not for Joe… bleh.

by Anonymousreply 580February 15, 2023 10:29 AM

There are a bunch of people nominated I would have put Joe in over. Sara Ramirez playing Che should be considered a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 581February 15, 2023 10:32 AM

I had that reaction initially too but in someways it’s good to have him not on these lists. It sucks that Heartstopper is acknowledged but not Joe, but if it’s about celebrity and not acting then Kit is having a moment. His coming out has really dominated mainstream and queer media. And Yaz is Yaz, trans, black, beautiful - this kind of thing will always lap her up. I’d think without any kind of split vote with Joe, Kit might win this. Joe has a long career of being a gay actor (not to mention one of a handful of gay superheroes) - I’d think he’ll have a good chance for awards like this in the future. the sponsors look legit - is it a big deal?

by Anonymousreply 582February 15, 2023 11:01 AM

Public voting for nominations. But yaz got nominated and not Joe. Hmmm hs fans really don't like Joe huh. This will always surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 583February 15, 2023 11:22 AM

[quote]Nominations are open on all categories from 28th September 2022. After the nominations are closed, the Top 10 lists are taken from the nominees. These are decided on the merit of the nominations based on an internal points system, with a consideration made for a balance of companies represented as well as a diverse mix of gender identities, ethnicities, and sexual orientations.

Yaz may not have necessarily gotten in on public votes alone. And honestly, I find it hard to believe that a lot of these celebs got more votes than Joe, even with how useless the fanbase is.

I remember the Daily Joe Locke account promoting the voting period, but one of the Joe Bash Updates admins is saying they had no idea about it so there might have been a mobilization problem there. The Kit fan pages were all on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 584February 15, 2023 11:31 AM

Joe fan accounts too busy getting into pointless Twitter fights right around then and clearly missed it. Though looking across the nominations I wonder if Joe was nominated out but ruled out by the “internal points system” so they had more of a cross generational field… I mean, who the fuck nominated Luke Evans?

by Anonymousreply 585February 15, 2023 11:39 AM

Reminding me why I'll never involve myself in Twitter fandoms, the Joe stans are putting more energy in complaining under Kit's nomination than they did into the voting.

Luke has 3.5 million followers on Instagram, but his engagement rate is abysmal. Unless he has a fervent frau fanbase I'm not aware of I'm baffled that he got in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 15, 2023 11:49 AM

R584 I would guess Yaz got shortlisted via the diversity system and as in anything with a public vote Kit got the nod ahead of Joe because of all the straight teenaged girls swamping the system and drowning out the actual lgbt+ voices. They are like an invasive species stick a neopronoun on their profiles and get in everywhere

by Anonymousreply 587February 15, 2023 11:54 AM

Bizarre- and his little blurb about why he’s nominated for celebrity makes no sense at all

by Anonymousreply 588February 15, 2023 11:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589February 15, 2023 11:56 AM

Let’s not forget that Kit gets engagement for an award like this too. But this is the same shit that happens with the queer media. They use images of Kit because it gets them clicks above Joe. Queer media clearly love Joe but that doesn’t matter because Kit’s face generates literally 100k of likes. Hope Joe Twitter stans shut the fuck up. It happened - move on . Meanwhile in my continued personal gripe with SeeSaw they have again used just an image of Kit in their stories to celebrate some kids awards they won. Kit didn’t win anything individually, they’re just leaving Joe out again

by Anonymousreply 590February 15, 2023 12:03 PM

Those neopronoun’d teenage girls managed to get both of them in at the NTAs, so I don’t know if I necessarily buy that Joe was suddenly forgotten and not voted for.

by Anonymousreply 591February 15, 2023 12:04 PM

R590 See-Saw did so well using the locker room picture in their main feed post and then went and fucked it up in their stories. I'm pretty sure it's the same Nick picture they used for the Emmys, but at least it made more sense for that.

by Anonymousreply 592February 15, 2023 12:06 PM

R592 it just reinforces that this show isn’t for young gay men and certainly isn’t teaching young gay teens that being themselves is good enough. If anything it’s reinforcing that we are still not enough. Anyway, being a bitter queen. Love Kit just makes me a bit sad to see the gay character and actor of heartstopper being erased. No doubt Joe gives zero fucks

by Anonymousreply 593February 15, 2023 12:13 PM

R592 I can’t see their main feed post?

by Anonymousreply 594February 15, 2023 12:17 PM

I think it's notable that, as far as I can remember, the two organizations that have nominated Kit and not Joe for something have been LGBTQ+ orgs (GALECA for the Dorian Awards and now this group). Everywhere else, they've both gotten in.

by Anonymousreply 595February 15, 2023 12:18 PM

tbh i had no idea that these awards were even a thing

by Anonymousreply 596February 15, 2023 12:19 PM

R594 It looks like they unshared it, it was this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597February 15, 2023 12:19 PM

New thread, since this one's about to die.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 15, 2023 12:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!