Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

by Anonymousreply 599February 8, 2023 9:49 PM

Only new thing we've gotten recently. May Monday bring new Agatha set pictures or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 29, 2023 12:43 PM

Did more photos surface from the wedding? Someone posted this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 29, 2023 12:50 PM

Pretty sure that's old.

by Anonymousreply 3January 29, 2023 12:52 PM

Regarding the poll, I’m still thinking it’ll be out by the end of May to make Emmy eligibility until further notice.

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2023 12:56 PM

R4 I was thinking that was a possibility, but then Alice's answers on Patreon about her having no clue when it's coming out and that we're a way away from hearing any news, made me doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2023 1:15 PM

If they follow last season’s timeline, we’d be hearing about a release date and getting a teaser a little over a month in advance, so it could come out in May and we’d still not hear confirmation for a while.

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2023 1:29 PM

So Bash has surfaced on his sisters instagram, he looks good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2023 5:17 PM

His grandma has strong genes. They all have the same face

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2023 5:31 PM

R7 Bash looks really good and happy there. Looks like his brother is wearing that red sheep fleece of his.

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2023 5:33 PM

He really does have his mums face with his Dads hair

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Bradley doing photoshoots in Paris randomly.

he also got a like on IG from Yaz. Really moving up in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2023 6:37 PM

R11

Did she unlike it? It doesn't show for me anymore lol

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2023 6:58 PM

R12 No, should have clarified she liked the one before that one for his movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2023 7:04 PM

Was Yaz ever spotted anywhere for Fashion Week or was she in Paris on vacation?

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2023 7:31 PM

R7 Figured he was back in the UK, it would have been weird for Nell to post a pretty mundane old video randomly.

R11 That's the shoot from last year, I think. He did it for some magazine I can't remember.

R14 I didn't see anything and Haute Couture week is over. She might still be there for work, but it's not for PFW.

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2023 8:00 PM

Don’t think I’d seen this (quite old) clip from Paris fashion week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2023 4:21 AM

R1 I feel like it’s pretty easy to tell when Joe’s slightly uneasy or his smile isn’t genuine, so it’s really nice to see how genuinely comfortable he looks there. The longer clip shows it even more.

I hope we get some fun interviews for season 2 that show off their friendship properly, with cute candid moments like these.

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2023 11:12 AM

Not worth engaging with especially given she’s sitting at a whopping 0 likes but it is funny to see members of the fan base who despise Joe and bash finally admit out loud that they are homophobic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2023 11:58 AM

Generally I would ignore, but that person is half a step away from hurling slurs at Joe and Bash ,so just wait around and report when they do. Who knew a wholesome show about two men would attract homophobes. Strange times.

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2023 1:19 PM

I have just looked their twitter is a mess they are using slurs liberally and fighting rather messily for the right to be a homophobe. There was also some seriously disturbing screenshots of homophobic messages directed at Joe going around a couple of days ago from some of the known fan accounts it looks very much like they have given up the pretence that they are the morally virtuous ones.

Which makes a change and might be a relief the final implosion and disappearance of these unhinged fangirls cannot happen soon enough

by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2023 2:01 PM

R20 I saw that, and if you're talking about Mills (loverspring) - pretty sure it wasn't actually her that posted one of those comments (even though the username had 'mills' in it). She seemed pretty horrified when people showed her the screenshots, and even though she's 'called Joe out' in the past for doing nothing, she still seems to be a big fan of him. But either way, it's so frustrating that people actually screenshot abuse from elsewhere, bring it to Twitter and post it publicly so it's way more likely that the actors will actually see it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2023 2:10 PM

Curiouscat being down really did a number on those fans. They can't send their anon homophobia anymore. It's been pretty obvious for awhile HS is full of homophobic fans and that's why Joe and Bash get attacked so much. Though I didn't think they'd do it on main, but in the end nobody cares about it since they agree with the comments. Read a comment about how gay men are the main oppressors of trans women/men too. Bisexual men of course have no power over trans women/men though.

People are bold as fuck to use Will and/or Kit's name and pictures to call gay men slurs though.

by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2023 2:24 PM

R21 I can’t remember the names involved just an offensive screenshot and accusations flying around. My biggest surprise was it didn’t get dragged over here like it usually does.

I would not be worried about Joe seeing anything on twitter at this point I don’t think he or Bash will be checking in any time soon. If messages that bad have been passed around publicly heaven knows what they had previously been sent it is little wonder they have all backed off social media or left it completely

by Anonymousreply 23January 30, 2023 2:25 PM

R21 she’s definitely not a Joe fan, but I don’t think she dislikes him or sent those messages. Just think she doesn’t give a shit either way and joins the bandwagon “accountability” because it’s easy. She is the only lesbian I’ve ever seen that thirsty for Kit, I’ll say that much

by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2023 2:45 PM

R23 I saw them, but didn't bring them over here because it would have given the person making the comments exactly what they wanted. Transparently incendiary comments signed with the names of people familiar to the fan base? Resorting to a site that isn't even a messaging site because Curious Cat doesn't work anymore? They wanted attention and their bullshit to spread.

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2023 2:47 PM

R24 The lesbian with the Kit fetish? I think I know the one you mean she has been mentioned on here before. I don’t suppose it matters who sent them although I find in life the simplest answers are usually the right ones. Either way someone sent appalling messages publicly and that is likely to be a sadly accurate reflection of what the cast has received privately

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2023 2:53 PM

The person those messages were sent to is a bitch. They are literally so annoying and I'm going to keep reporting them until they get suspended.

Their anger is so misplaced. Like you want actor to step down from the role and then what. Marvel is going to hire another white twink. Being Jewish was not a requirement then and it won't be now. Go fight marvels for inclusion instead of teen actors.

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2023 2:53 PM

Oh dear god the twitter girls didn’t take long to arrive I should not have mentioned it when it has been pleasantly quiet here recently.

The who why and when of those messages do not really matter the fact remains the online Heartstopper fanbase is ridden with homophobia regardless

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2023 3:05 PM

I woke up and thought something new had happened with a cast member given the amount of new comments. Not this shit again.

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2023 3:16 PM

R27 That person is a known harasser of MCU actors, so HS fans clinging to her to hate on Joe with a sprinkle of homophobia is not surprising. And hate to tell them but Billy is just a basic white twink in the comics and his claim to fame is not being Jewish, which is only casually mentioned and sometimes not at all.

Don't give a shit about what twitter says in general, though someone needs to study how a story about a gay relationship has some many homophobic fans. They are gonna freak out when Alice mentions Nick and Charlie fuck in Vol 5 even if it's going to be the most boring fade to black scene in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2023 3:18 PM

Twitter was an absolute mess yesterday and I’d second or third the request not to bring it here. It was actually pretty fucked and Joe fans just made it a lot worse. A few of them brought it from Twitter to instagram which is the last thing needed. Let’s leave it on Twitter where it has been let breed because no one who could put a stop to it (Alice) has bothered to defend young gay men.

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2023 5:49 PM

R21 her level of removing Joe from the narrative of the show is just homophobic. It’s self fulfilling, if he gets no visibility from the big accounts then he doesn’t generate any goodwill and people feel comfortable attacking him. And so on. Convinced See Saw and Heartstoppertv didn’t tag Joe and Kit in their heartstopper post the other day on Insta (they tagged Kit in one this morning) because they were scared of people commenting. So now he doesn’t even get support from the show

by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2023 5:58 PM

Not saying bringing it here, but ignoring doesn't make it go away. This isn't 3-4 trolls calling Kit a queerbaiter, but big accounts being openly homophobic and getting props for doing it. Though nothing will change since anyone who could say something won't since they are too busy wallowing in self pity elsewhere

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2023 6:24 PM

Who cares? The main cast have all left twitter. This is just people screaming at each other from their bedrooms while those they trash are out enjoying life, living their dream & paid nicely for it. These people are complete losers. They must have seriously boring real lives to have this much time to waste online at a weekend.

by Anonymousreply 34January 30, 2023 6:45 PM

Not gonna lie - I care a bit. Letting homophobia be blatantly bred online and nobody except other unhinged fans calling it out is pretty worrying. It would be nice for a single cast member or the show or frankly anyone to give Joe some love right now. A throwback photo by a cast member, a tagged post on Insta by the show’s account or Netflix - like, literally a single thing. Private support is great I’m sure but a little public support of a gay man who is being homophobically attacked online would be nice. You’re right that it’s just people shouting at each other anonymously but pink news etc look out for the noise to generate engagement. the Mary Sue wrote an article about Joe’s casting being problematic last year based on the Twitter noise. That would have got no traction if heartstopper fans hadn’t jumped on. It’s unsettling

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2023 7:17 PM

Joe's fans made it worse? He is literally facing such homophobic comments daily. Kit fans fight for less. Also I really hope marvel gays know how to fight because these hs fans need a good whacking. It's been long overdue.

Ps I don't think anyone will comment on it. It has been going on for so long.

by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2023 7:24 PM

Realistically, none of us here can do anything about the worst of it, and I'm a firm believer that giving them attention only empowers the trolls to keep going. And I'm talking about the worst of the comments, the ones that are completely anonymous so you can't even properly report anything. Everyone needs to stop publishing all of that shit. The teenagers needed to take Curious Cat's demise as divine intervention instead of searching for another fucking anonymous message site to get on so they could continue to publish Joe hate. Stick to going after and reporting people where there's some sort of recourse, at the very least some of gaohardy's tweets are gone because of the Twitter Rules.

Part of me thinks (or hopes) that this isn't even registering on anyone's radar because if you look at the whole thing, it's the same handful of names that come up every time and you're not going to know about the CC or AO3 messages unless you're pretty online.

by Anonymousreply 37January 30, 2023 7:32 PM

And it's Bash getting hate too, though obviously not as vile as Joe is. Though like R35 said, HS fans make negative things about the two gain enough traction for the media to pay attention to it so it does have a life outside twitter regardless.

Can't help but wonder if this has something to do with Joe landing Marvel, when those same people always thought he'd have to struggle for roles. Kit's gonna obviously land big things in the future, but that doesn't stop them from being mad Joe did it first.

Nothing anyone can do it about it. I'll just be glad when this show is over.

by Anonymousreply 38January 30, 2023 7:46 PM

CC needs to be banished from hstwt. Especially Joe fans. It just invites trolls.

by Anonymousreply 39January 30, 2023 7:47 PM

R38 Whoever is doing it wants people to think it's Kit fans (signing their comments as Mills and the other freak), which makes me think it's not actually Kit fans specifically. The comments showing up on the account of one of the loudest anti-Joe as Wiccan accounts, an account that isn't part of the Heartstopper fandom, makes me think it is definitely related to Joe playing Wiccan and is fueled by flat-out hatred more than resentment.

by Anonymousreply 40January 30, 2023 8:00 PM

Serious post now I agree I find it disturbing and unsettling just how blatant the homophobia has become and it reiterates the risk many of the cast members have taken by being out from the start of their careers. There is definitely a wider issue and worry beyond the twitter mudslinging and like you say media outlets are starting to pick up on it for the clicks.

I firmly believe the lack of public support has come from not wanting to draw attention to it and make it a bigger news story. For the most part it is still confined to twitter but imagine if Kit or Netflix for example openly posted about it it would make mainstream national media overnight. I assume the idea is to ride it out until Joe can get away from the Heartstopper fanbase or they move onto someone else. It is easy to forget when reading twitter searches that most people and most fans do not even know any of it is happening.

At the moment the argument seems to be why homophobia is justified and gay men do not need protection and can be legitimately targeted. It makes a change from pretending they are not homophobic but it makes me uneasy how brazen they have become there is a real and quite desperate hatred there.

So far I had resisted the temptation to paraphrase anything on to here but along with the usual vitriolic and dehumanising name calling I have seen in various places public conversations around wanting to end both Joe and Bash’s careers, to physically assault them, to keep pushing until they end up harming themselves or hospitalised and unable to work and some are now openly saying it is because they hate gay men. These are people who identify as Heartstopper fans.

I do not want to give it oxygen but what is the answer? This is old school homophobia of the worst kind and young gay men are out there being targeted by it. This is presumably still a mainly gay community so the question is can or should we attempt to actually address any of this or just hope it eventually fizzles out

by Anonymousreply 41January 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Yaz was the smartest one in end. She didn’t get involved in the fandom at all and really relied on our community to lift her. The Twitter teens love her but the level of fucks she gives is clearly zero. I’m sort of coming around to loving her. She’s every hot mean girl in high-school I desperately wanted to be my bitchy best friend. She must be unbelievably fun to party with

by Anonymousreply 42January 30, 2023 8:06 PM

Flip side: While the blatant homophobia is legitimately horrendous, it also makes it far less likely for even shitty outlets like Pink News to go write articles on Joe’s casting. If all the discourse was still cabined in “as a Jewish person whose family survived the Holocaust”, “amplify Jewish voices”, there would maybe be more interest in biting. When you have accounts saying publicly with hundreds of likes that trans women have the right to use fag as a slur, they are not touching that with a ten foot pole

by Anonymousreply 43January 30, 2023 8:07 PM

R42 You gotta respect her giving no shits. She really is the smartest not to engage them to start with.

Everyone else is either hiding away from social media or want attention from fans

Yaz on the other hand - it's my dog's birthday. And watch me get a pedicure and shop

by Anonymousreply 44January 30, 2023 8:18 PM

The truth is that the correct people need to say something. It was remarkable how much the Bash stuff calmed after The Gamer wrote their piece. Having a magazine with a trans editor come out and speak about a game they were actively boycotting to defend Bash’s involvement as being from a long time ago. They even gave a very firm timeline of how long ago we knew JK was a transphob (from memory) and linked it to 2020 not 5 years ago or whatever. Vocal members of the Jewish community need to say it’s a marvel issue and no one should be bullying a gay teen about it. Trans rights activists need to remind people we are in the same fucking community and the violence doesn’t need to come from inside the house - there is plenty targeting all of us out in the world. Netflix and that fucking heartstopper tv Insta account need to start putting Charlie content up with Joe tagged. The cast need to do something to remind fans that he’s part of the team and they love him.

If we say it we are just bitter privileged queens

by Anonymousreply 45January 30, 2023 8:20 PM

R40 I’m not sure I buy this re reading those screen shots it references things like knowing about Joe breaking down on set filming for Series one which you would have to have gone through old interviews with a tooth comb to find. That wasn’t said by some unconnected Marvel fan trying to frame Heartstopper fans there would be much simpler ways to do that and the motivation would be unclear while we know well enough the long running problem they have with Joe, Bash and homophobia generally

by Anonymousreply 46January 30, 2023 8:21 PM

R46 I think you misunderstood my comment. I'm not saying it's unconnected Marvel fans, I'm saying they're people that hates Joe specifically enough to go outside of the fandom to start drama. I don't think it's related to a Kit vs Joe thing, I think it's purely fueled by hatred of Joe and these people (person?) want to hit on all possible triggers. Kit is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 47January 30, 2023 8:32 PM

R47 I agree with that in there is a core in that group, I do not know how many but definitely more than one, who are obsessed and I believe I have seen signs of them trying to start fires elsewhere before this. Their primary target was always Bash but I would say since Marvel was confirmed and started filming it has switched to Joe. I do not hold Kit in any way responsible for the people who have latched on to him but the timing suggests beyond homophobia it is also driven by an extreme parasocial identification with Kit so feeling personally wounded and insanely jealous that Joe is in Marvel and Kit is not.

The irony of course being Kit will have definitely been picked up for a major project as well, possibly Marvel too, it just hasn’t been confirmed publicly yet

by Anonymousreply 48January 30, 2023 8:46 PM

Some of it is just homophobia and no one with any influence is saying anything. Are there young gay men in that fandom - how do they feel? A show that was meant to make them feel seen and included has a fanbase telling them that they should not be seen. Again. It just feels like everyone is too scared to support a young gay man against vicious teens for fear of what? Having to have their sm managers monitor the comments on their Insta account? It’s all so cowardly - it’s like fucking school again except Netflix is involved.

by Anonymousreply 49January 30, 2023 9:31 PM

R49 to be fair to the rest of the cast, they backed Kit immediately when he said something about being forced out and liked all his other tweets alluding to the queerbaiting stuff before that. I give them enough credit (and Kit) to think if Joe (or Bash, but Joe gets more of it) wanted to say something about the intense homophobia, they would repost it or leave supportive messages. It’s absolutely awful Joe is going through it but to be honest I do genuinely think it’s likely personal preference in large part keeping him and the others from saying anything about it. If he ever addresses it and the others don’t back him, I agree, I will s judge them, but that seems less likely

by Anonymousreply 50January 30, 2023 9:45 PM

R50 sorry, to be clear - I am not aiming at the cast at all. It would be nice but it’s not their job to support him and they’re just kids really. They also have their own careers to look out for. I was talking about Netflix, heartstopper,, Alice, seesaw, Patrick etc. I suspect you’re right about the silence but it probably comes from Joe’s PR and agents. He’s feisty - I feel like he would probably like to defend himself.

by Anonymousreply 51January 30, 2023 9:55 PM

R51 oh, got it! Agreed, Netflix and Alice/Patrick are useless

by Anonymousreply 52January 30, 2023 9:55 PM

It shouldn’t be up to the cast to be the first line of defense in the first place, it should be up to Alice and Patrick to step up. Even with the Kit thing Alice and Patrick were pretty cowardly, only commenting once Kit himself was pushed over the edge and after Kit finally came out. They should have stepped up when Kit was expressing frustration multiple times, months and months prior. I’m pretty sure that Patrick was the one who went around commenting about the accurate casting that put Kit under the microscope in the first place. Anyway, what I’m trying to say here is that I don’t expect them to ever say anything unless it gets to Joe and he lashes out.

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2023 9:58 PM

In defence of Kit obsessed Lesbian (not usually my position) she has posted some Joe content today. It would be nice if some of the other accounts just reminded everyone that he’s Charlie from that show they love. Maybe then the official accounts will start tagging him again - I’m clearly still pissed the official account didn’t tag the post last week when every other actor has been tagged in their posts recently.

by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2023 10:03 PM

R49 From what I've seen, the younger gay men involved in the fandom (like the one I'm linking to) steer clear of all of the drama and the people who publish and share the worst of it. Probably best for their mental health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2023 10:04 PM

R54 I don't understand why they wouldn't tag Joe. He didn't turn off tagging did he?

And young gay men just get called fags. See above.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2023 10:07 PM

R49 From what I have seen there are very few gay men in the online fandom certainly on twitter. There were a few high profile accounts at one point but they seem have disappeared or de activated. So the answer to the question is the young male fans have removed themselves from twitter at least as completely as the gay cast members have. You occasionally see gay men not embedded in the fandom intervening but they are usually met with unbridled homophobia and liberal use of the f word.

It is almost all teen and early twenties girls who are obsessed with Kit many of whom identify as bi or gender fluid. A couple of the most unhinged offenders like the one responsible for todays rant are young trans women who maybe need to work through some issues with a therapist instead of spending their lives attacking gay men online.

I would say the core group of twitter fans have made sure it is not a welcoming place for cis men of any persuasion which is quite an achievement for fans of a male on male love story.

It makes me pretty mad as well but I don’t know what the answer is. Alice writing a blog telling them directly they are not welcome while Joe and Bash are might work but that is one thing we can be sure won’t happen, and the rest of the cast will have been advised to address nothing and not get publicly involved in the hope it goes away.

I do think if some combination of Alice, Patrick and Euros nipped it in the bud when they first started seriously and openly going after Bash in the summer they could have stopped the momentum but that window of opportunity has gone. They are completely feral now and I have even seen posts accusing Patrick and Euros of forcing Alice to keep Joe and Bash involved against her will because gay mafia and all that

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2023 10:08 PM

R50 If the people closest to Joe from the cast (Bash obviously, but also Kit, Tobie, Will) and the cast member who is most likely to have seen any of the worst of it (Leila) haven't commented or liked anything, I imagine it's part of Joe's decision to disconnect from the Twitter side entirely and not humour any of it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2023 10:08 PM

R53 yes agree. And if the cast step a foot wrong even the most intersectionally disadvantaged could cop it. Imagine if Yaz had defended Bash? Even she would have been dragged - probably called out for being out of touch. I am genuinely regretting mentioning the cast at all. I really don’t think they should get involved - that was coming from a place of a bit of personal worry about homophobia. Not for here. Here is for joe thirst

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2023 10:10 PM

R58

[quote] They are completely feral now and I have even seen posts accusing Patrick and Euros of forcing Alice to keep Joe and Bash involved against her will because gay mafia and all that

Imagine thinking Alice is being forced to employ the main character of the story. Gay mafia sounds fun though.

Though seriously, I do agree Alice should have said shit ages ago re: Ben being in S2 and beyond possibly, Kit and "authentic casting" and the hate Joe gets in general

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2023 10:13 PM

I wonder if Joe not being tagged in the official account is his choice and part of a deliberate move away from Heartstopper generally. After all he has a big time agency and his now primary employer Marvel eyeing his long term career and I imagine they all want to remove him from the fan shitshow as soon as possible if only to safeguard his mental health.

We also have no idea how far some of these nutters have gone beyond social media. They are a tiny number but seem very determined to try and cause problems for him at any cost

by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2023 10:20 PM

R56 he has not. They are cowards. That post got far less engagement than it would have if kit (and a lesser extent Joe) was tagged. The heartstoppertv account has 1.1 million followers. A post about Tao and Elle with Will and Yaz tagged got more than 400k likes. The post of Charlie and Nick in iconic scenes got 250k without the leads tagged. There is a very clear reason that could have been untagged and it seems like it’s a total lack of support of Joe. It’s not saying anything it’s just acknowledging he’s in the show

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2023 10:22 PM

R60 are we the gay marfia? I don’t look great in a fedora… can I still be a member?

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2023 10:24 PM

Because Kit wasn’t tagged either I’m of the mind that they just forgot to tag them for that one post.

I’m watching Grace Randolph’s most recent video and she said she heard the Agatha leaks aren’t accurate.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2023 10:26 PM

The show isn’t going to not tag its still incredibly popular leads because one of them is getting backlash and hate from an (admittedly shitty, unhinged and cruel) tiny minority. If they were that concerned and interested in staying distant from Joe because they don’t want to support him, they wouldn’t have posted a photo with him in it at all. It seems more likely that either the social media person who posted forget that one time

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2023 10:29 PM

R60 R63 I think we should step up to the plate and go for it fulfil their expectations fedoras of course optional.

I am not sure what we should do as an organisation maybe start by having a polite talk with Alice about the responsibility of adults to the kids they have thrown into the firing line and the overall dangers of being a wet blanket

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2023 10:32 PM

R61 Marvel, and every other company under the Disney umbrella, does not care about their actors beyond making sure that they don't spoil anything. They leave the actors to fend for themselves. Letitia Wright sustained an injury on set that led to a BP2 filming delay and they let everyone online, including journalists, think that it was because she had refused the vaccine and therefore couldn't enter the country. Cue the backlash. Lucasfilm has only very recently started stepping up for their actors of color, and only because the actress herself put a spotlight on the racist abuse she was receiving and forced their hand. They left John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran out to dry. Disney absolutely does not give a single solitary fuck about their actors.

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2023 10:32 PM

R65 they tagged heartstoppertv … but I get that I’m sounding like a paranoid broken record

R66 I hadn’t got further than the hats…

by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2023 10:38 PM

R64 Not surprised. That leaker doesn't have a great reputation. The leaks are also way too detailed while also not even mentioning what characters most of the actors play. Another leaker who is more reliable said Wanda wasn't in it, which basically debunks the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2023 10:43 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the handful of people who are involved in the worst of the drama are older women that seem to struggle with social media? Why are there so many older women in the Heartstopper fandom?

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2023 11:02 PM

R70 two boys kissing give them the tingles

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2023 11:15 PM

R70 I can’t say I have but how old is old? Plenty of them describe 20 as old. I have come across a few in their thirties but the usual suspects that I am aware of are all mid teens to early twenties.

The overall impression is a school ground

by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2023 11:25 PM

R72 Around 40+? Women old enough to have kids. I want to be clear that as far as I know this person I'm linking to isn't involved in instigating or propagating drama, but she's an example of the older women I've seen in the fandom. Shay's another one I suspect is an older woman, she was replying to tweets from last year the other day. Everyone seems to be either old enough that they don't understand internet culture or young enough that they don't understand consequences and are total assholes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2023 11:35 PM

R73 “my daughter explained…” Jesus Christ

by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2023 11:52 PM

Will is going to be in Behind the Blinds. I presume the cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2023 12:01 AM

R75 he looks great there

by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2023 12:04 AM

R75 I was wondering where the shoot he did with Kit’s groomer was, looks like this is it.

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2023 12:05 AM

R73 You mean the petals one referencing her daughter? I looked at the other one first who I do recognise as one of the saner ones and she just seemed like a typical teen girl from Germany and wondered how she came across as forty.

I have no idea who the other one is I can’t remember ever seeing her before and it looks like she only joined last month so very late in this saga. Shay is bought up here sometimes she is always in the searches because of her user name I have no idea how old she is.

If you are asking if older women are part of the problem I really doubt there is enough of them to be most 40 year olds just aren’t chronically online. I would say extreme youth and it’s lack of frontal lobe integration is the bigger factor which is also why it is generally a waste of time engaging with it

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2023 12:19 AM

Twitter isn’t real. Delete the app & oh look, problem solved. The idiots are gone out your life. I really roll my eyes at people crying over online bullies. Just stop reading it. None of these people would dream of saying any of this in real life to anyone’s face. So just get off social media, go breathe some fresh air, talk to actual humans & all is well.

Why are people so obsessed with social media being reality? It’s genuinely concerning.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2023 8:59 AM

R79 The problem is what happens on social media and how it reacts to people with any degree of fame matters to PR and media companies. It is a powerful tool and though I also think they give it too much power bearing in mind the majority of people in the world never know what is trending on Twitter. Social media can and has had a real life impact on careers for good and bad.

I don’t believe the targeting on twitter by this small gang of bullies is going to have a lasting impact on Joe or Bash’s career mainly because there has been no substance to anything they have attacked them for when you bring it to the light of day and it disappears just the homophobia underlying it stays visible. However what I think it could do especially as the homophobia has become more brazen is put off young male actors in particular from coming out in future which is sad. Only a really successful career trajectory for Joe and/or Bash is going to offset that effect now.

I totally agree on a personal level people should not get involved or allow it such power to impact their mental health. Kit and Joe did the right thing by deleting their accounts for good and I really think our social media butterfly Bash should do the same

by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2023 1:22 PM

R79 that’s not really a hot take. The stuff with the Bash and the game shows that. That was a small but very loud group that drew Pink News’ attention and then it was everywhere. I agree it’s not real but the mainstream media are trying to fill a never ending cycle. To their credit I think they are staying away from this generally. I’ve mentioned before that the Mary Sue wrote an article about the Wiccan “controversy” but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they had no idea it would be used to bully a gay teen by the hearstoppers homophobic Twitter fans. I do think the media confuses followers with influence. The 5000 fans those accounts are followed by (or even 20k) don’t all agree with the homophobic nonsense being said, they’re scrolling past it all looking for photos of Kit in a singlet.

by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2023 8:48 PM

Seeing Joe’s Instagram Story, if Adele has a show around Valentine’s Day and Joe’s schedule allows it, I wouldn’t be surprised if he and Bash pop up there. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe makes his way to Vegas at some point to see her.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2023 9:48 PM

Pretty sure this is new?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2023 10:19 PM

Cute that they're together. I need Kit to either go to an event or do a photoshoot with his glasses.

by Anonymousreply 84January 31, 2023 10:29 PM

Also, you can kind of see who lurks on here because they're liking the picture after it was posted here, despite it being up for 3 hours prior.

by Anonymousreply 85January 31, 2023 10:33 PM

R84 Same. I think I make a comment about how hot he is with glasses every time a photo pops up.

Wonder where they are. The surrounding is sort of odd and ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 86January 31, 2023 10:35 PM

St. Pancras, maybe? I haven’t been in 10+ years so I’m not 100% sure.

by Anonymousreply 87January 31, 2023 10:38 PM

Is that really new? Looks very similar to when they were leaving Paris after filming… not European so have no idea if that is actually Gare du Nord

by Anonymousreply 88January 31, 2023 10:38 PM

R85 Both people mentioned in R73, apparently. How funny.

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2023 10:39 PM

I think it's one of the London terminal stations, possibly Victoria

by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2023 11:01 PM

R88 The tweet's caption doesn't make sense for an older picture and this is what Kit looked like when the cast was caught in Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 31, 2023 11:05 PM

Tobie having a backpack while Kit and Will don’t makes me think they’re either picking him up or dropping him off. Doesn’t Tobie live in Bath?

by Anonymousreply 92January 31, 2023 11:07 PM

Weirdly also makes me wonder if Bash is back in America or on his way there. I'd guess he'd be with them all if Tobie is visiting London? of course he might just be meeting them tomorrow or be wherever his sister lives.

by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2023 11:15 PM

R91 right, no backpack, glasses or white t under his grey sweat shirt. Anyway, cute to see them together.

by Anonymousreply 94January 31, 2023 11:18 PM

R93 it would be nice to see them Bash. Guy could do with some friend time. Seems like Joe is probably sitting around on set scrolling through Adele’s official Insta account.

by Anonymousreply 95January 31, 2023 11:20 PM

Will (presumably? maybe?) being the token straight the same way Tao is on the show.

by Anonymousreply 96January 31, 2023 11:23 PM

R90 Looks like you're right based on the McDonald's in the background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 31, 2023 11:27 PM

R96 I lean more towards him not being straight (but also not gay) these days. To quote Darcy, nothing but my gay intuition.

by Anonymousreply 98January 31, 2023 11:30 PM

R96 Is Will still dating a woman? I know he’s very private but it seems crazy that there has been no sighting or updates. Though I guess it could just be that they’re not widely spoken about so the illusion he and Kit have a thing isn’t shattered

by Anonymousreply 99January 31, 2023 11:32 PM

R92 If Tobie does live in Bath the terminal would be Paddington and that is definitely not Paddington.

As one of the other replies said it looks most like Victoria which is the major terminal for Sussex, Brighton and Gatwick Airport. Also very close to Croydon

by Anonymousreply 100January 31, 2023 11:34 PM

R98 no one under 20 is straight anymore. Pride days are a sea of sexually undefined teens. It’s not a bad thing, I’d say the opposite. But it’s possible that even if he has only been attracted to women to date he still wouldn’t rule out hooking up with a man

by Anonymousreply 101January 31, 2023 11:37 PM

R99 There's never been a bit of tangible proof that he's dating the girl people on here said he is. She went to an event with him one time and some of the cast that met her there followed her on Instagram, and that's basically the extent of any evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 31, 2023 11:50 PM

R102 that’s not the girl people said he was dating. No clue if they are but to be fair, no one digs into Will’s life much. A lot of the cast, Sof, and the above 18 people from the Trials cast all follow the girl people thought he was dating so I get why people suspect it.

by Anonymousreply 103January 31, 2023 11:54 PM

R103 The Leyla girl is the only girl that has been brought up here, and that's her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 31, 2023 11:57 PM

R104 oh, the one next to Tobie? I figured you meant the one next to Will. Yeah that could be her though again no real clue anything about the girl

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2023 11:59 PM

People on Twitter are pointing out that it looks like Kit has some sort of ring by his ear now. Definitely looks too thick to be hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 1, 2023 2:03 AM

R106

Yeah that definitely isn’t hair. It could be a tragus piercing? It looks weird though maybe its the angle.

by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2023 2:17 AM

R106 to be honest I didn’t expect it from Kit given his very chill wardrobe. No judgment to the outfits as they suit him but I wouldn’t guess he’d jump to a Tragus piercing

by Anonymousreply 108February 1, 2023 2:46 AM

inb4 it feeds the Hulkling thing again since Teddy is full of piercings

by Anonymousreply 109February 1, 2023 2:59 AM

Teddy was the first thing I thought of but I didn’t want to trigger another debate about it.

Twitter is theorizing that it could be a piercing for migraine relief, but I don’t think that’s the spot for that kind of piercing.

by Anonymousreply 110February 1, 2023 3:06 AM

If it is a piercing you usually start with posts until it heals before moving into hoops so it would have been a few months ago for a tragus. This is the first we’re seeing it which makes me doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 111February 1, 2023 3:10 AM

Migraine relief - they really can’t cope with the idea he has any edge at all, can they. Honestly, just seems very bisexual. Love that for him

by Anonymousreply 112February 1, 2023 3:10 AM

R109 I don’t think he’s definitely not hulkling, but he wouldn’t need real piercings for that. honestly would be very funny if this is just a bit of hair in a really misleading pic

by Anonymousreply 113February 1, 2023 3:12 AM

R112 Bisexual makes more sense to me than migraine. At least with the gum chewing anxiety theory it's logical based on when he's chewing, but the migraine thing is out of nowhere, isn't it? I don't recall ever hearing about him having migraines.

by Anonymousreply 114February 1, 2023 3:14 AM

R111 just casually scrolling through 100s of posts on insta trying to see if he’s been hiding posts for a few months (he has not)

by Anonymousreply 115February 1, 2023 3:19 AM

Why are they diagnosing him with migraines? Plot twist, Kit's the edgy bad boy. Joe's the cheesy pop girl stan

by Anonymousreply 116February 1, 2023 3:35 AM

The fan from the picture confirmed that she posted it an hour after she saw them and talked a little bit about the encounter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 1, 2023 3:40 AM

R116 Joe being a cheesy pop girl gay was never a plot twist. He’s saved in the sentimental sap category by bash being even more whipped and pathetic over him, luckily it’s very cute. If kit starts getting piercings I’ll like him even more than I do already

by Anonymousreply 118February 1, 2023 3:47 AM

Joe being an Adele-stanning musical gay is a tale as old as time. Someone find his ATRL account.

by Anonymousreply 119February 1, 2023 3:53 AM

R118 absolutely. Love a wholesome looking man with some piercings.

Imo Joe is probably edgy in other ways… at least I hope for Bash’s sake

by Anonymousreply 120February 1, 2023 3:57 AM

R120 I was joking re Joe. Though bash is the one I would guess is the more straight edge of the two. Realistically they’re all young, queer, hot, likable, and famous - wholesome as they all may be there’s More to them than Kit’s white t shirts and Bash and Joe’s endless shopping trips.

This isn’t necessarily an edge thing but no 19 and 21 year olds are going to be as obsessed with one another as Bash and Joe are without a truly great sex life. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 121February 1, 2023 4:04 AM

R121 definitely. Way too much arse grabbing for them to be in old married couple territory

by Anonymousreply 122February 1, 2023 5:04 AM

These pictures keep trickling out slowly. Also, is IMGBB permanently gone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 1, 2023 7:46 AM

I looked up what Rosie Stewart specifically does at ITG:

[quote]The commercials division at Independent Talent has over ten years experience building meaningful and valuable talent endorsements. Working closely with Independent’s clients, the commercial team’s reputation for identifying and negotiating the right talent partnerships is indisputable. We are committed to expanding our talent’s careers in the commercials world through relevant and impactful partnerships that we identify and develop through our global relationships with brands and agencies.

This suggests to me that Kit has some sort of formal relationship with Jonathan Anderson. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in one of his campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 1, 2023 7:53 AM

Rosie looks pretty pleased with herself

by Anonymousreply 125February 1, 2023 8:10 AM

I would be too

by Anonymousreply 126February 1, 2023 9:19 AM

R124

I’ve been thinking that he has shown up at quite a few of their events and jw anderson seems to like him. its only a matter of time before he shows up in a campaign. although loewe campaigns seem pretty bleak imo

by Anonymousreply 127February 1, 2023 12:04 PM

For whoever thought the HS account was purposefully not tagging Joe, they just made a post today using a Charlie clip and tagging him, so it seems like the last time was just accidental

by Anonymousreply 128February 1, 2023 12:53 PM

Or they read DL and we shamed them into it?

by Anonymousreply 129February 1, 2023 2:02 PM

R129 I am going to go with that explanation

by Anonymousreply 130February 1, 2023 3:30 PM

I think someone already mentioned this, but what happened to imgbb? I had a ton of Heartstopper cast related photos bookmarked on there - would've saved them to my computer but didn't realise the site would just conk out! Hopefully it's temporary.

by Anonymousreply 131February 1, 2023 3:37 PM

Rhea booked another show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 1, 2023 4:01 PM

R106 There’s a here’s a high def picture of Kit’s profile from pfw. We can zoom way in on his ear (bit with imgbb down not sure how to share it). A week ago he did not have a piercing. Pretty sure that’s just an out of place hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 1, 2023 4:10 PM

Yaz is in NYC, she posted an ig story

by Anonymousreply 134February 1, 2023 4:57 PM

R134 NYFW isn’t until next week is it?

by Anonymousreply 135February 1, 2023 5:00 PM

Forgot about this, Kit ended up being named “Most In-Demand Rising Star in the World 2022.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 1, 2023 5:09 PM

R135 Starts on the 10th.

by Anonymousreply 137February 1, 2023 5:10 PM

Well we definitely have a facebook group lurker because some just posted about the global demand awards and I haven’t seen it anywhere else yet.

by Anonymousreply 138February 1, 2023 5:55 PM

R138- and? Didn’t realise you had to leave your Facebook credentials at the door to join DL. From what I’ve heard FB is at least not full of teenage girls

by Anonymousreply 139February 1, 2023 6:05 PM

R139 I don't think they're trying to gatekeep or anything, I think they're pointing out how far the reach of the thread is.

by Anonymousreply 140February 1, 2023 6:27 PM

R140 even to the heartstopper Instagram. ..

I am that paranoid poster and I am very much joking that we have any reach past the Facebook group. But thanks to the person that noted the recent post… I will now stop my one man show on Instagram conspiracies

by Anonymousreply 141February 1, 2023 7:10 PM

Bradley being Yaz’s new favorite continues! She liked this post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 1, 2023 7:18 PM

R142 odd. Though he probably worships her.

by Anonymousreply 143February 1, 2023 7:22 PM

How the hell is Bradley getting so much work is what I want to know

by Anonymousreply 144February 1, 2023 7:41 PM

You got to hand it to him, he’s making the absolute most of his 5 minutes

by Anonymousreply 145February 1, 2023 7:50 PM

It's funny to see everyone who hates Bash so much allegedly just for being white and taking opportunities away from POC have nothing to say on Bradley. At least Bash was actually in the show, had a career prior to it, and is intensely charismatic. Bradley is I'm sure nice enough but doesn't seem interesting and hasn't even been onscreen yet. So clear their issue with Bash and Joe is and always has been that they're together.

by Anonymousreply 146February 1, 2023 8:14 PM

The magazine drama is something I'll never get, the only people who have been on the cover of major magazines are the main 6. Everyone else has mostly been on magazines with little to no circulation. I looked at the magazine Brad is on and I only recognize one other person that's been featured. I could probably e-mail them and book the cover at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 147February 1, 2023 8:35 PM

Flirty Joe dancing because it's dead. Also, why don't TikTok links work?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 2, 2023 12:08 AM

Sigh, there really is nothing going on. Here’s hoping there’s a reunion with a few of them at NYFW.

by Anonymousreply 149February 2, 2023 8:31 AM

I am not much good with posting links but was no one going to mention Joe’s Instagram story supporting the teachers strike? At a time of no news I felt it was worth a passing comment as his social media appearances are so infrequent. A further reflection of his genuinely unproblematic credentials supporting public service workers generally and his mother specifically

by Anonymousreply 150February 2, 2023 11:43 AM

R150

I had no idea that he had posted something, good for him. I’m sure that with his mother being a teacher he wanted to show his support

by Anonymousreply 151February 2, 2023 12:39 PM

So apparently one of the gan conventions confirmed that Joe, Kit, & Bash wouldn’t be able to attend. I knew that Joe would probably be busy and I wonder if Kit & Bash have something upcoming or they simply did not want to deal will all that mess, bash especially.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 2, 2023 12:41 PM

R152 when is this specific con?

by Anonymousreply 153February 2, 2023 1:20 PM

R153 July 8th and 9th in Brussels

by Anonymousreply 154February 2, 2023 1:23 PM

R154 thanks! Yeah I’m sure the recent fanbase activity has not put Joe and Bash especially in the mood for it. Realistically no one paying to meet them will be bitchy to them to their faces but they probably just don’t think it’s worth it.

R150 Joe, Rhea, and Bash but especially the first two are the most openly political of the cast on a pretty broad swath of issues. They seem genuinely very invested and interested in it. Ironic that 2/3 of them are the ones constantly called problematic

by Anonymousreply 155February 2, 2023 1:27 PM

R152 It’s a shame but I’m not especially surprised. I hope this isn’t it for them appearing at conventions together though, as we got a lot of fun stuff out of the last one.

At least one idiot in the replies is already asking for a refund because they’ve spent a lot of money and Kit and Joe aren’t going to be there - they were never promised. The con said no to a refund anyway.

by Anonymousreply 156February 2, 2023 1:43 PM

Might be a translation thing but the organisers are getting a bit annoyed in their replies, quite funny to read

by Anonymousreply 157February 2, 2023 2:07 PM

What I find so amusing about this is the online fanbase has been so vocal about the ‘white boys’ taking the attention from the poc cast members to primarily attack Bash but will now kick up a ruckus or just not buy tickets because the ‘white boys’ aren’t there. It is the worst kind of virtue posturing posting an occasional picture of Cori or Yaz and squeal about their perfection then ignore them the rest of the time and certainly not spend money to see them. The con organisers know this full well which is why Kit, Joe and Bash probably are always first on the invite list. They are a business and know as well as we do that the majority of them are just ‘white boy’ Kit’s very white fangirls who do not want Bash interfering with their straight girl fantasies but also do not want to be perceived as being that basic. Their money will not follow their rhetoric

by Anonymousreply 158February 2, 2023 2:23 PM

Well, some are also seemingly annoyed and offended that the con would even ask if they’re still interested when they still have a “bunch of other main characters there”. Of course if neither lead can attend they’re going to check and see if it’s still worth their while bringing supporting characters. If Bash could attend or hadn’t said no, they’d still ask. The big “draw” will be the leads, and then the rest of the cast will generally be added as add ons. Using the London con, I can’t think of anyone who went just for Will or even just for Bash, for instance. They went for Kit and/or Joe and tacked on Will and Bash.

by Anonymousreply 159February 2, 2023 2:38 PM

R150 I usually post Stories on here and I’m basically going to be useless for that until ImgBB is back. I post from my phone and Imgur doesn’t have phone upload capabilities.

by Anonymousreply 160February 2, 2023 3:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 2, 2023 4:34 PM

R161 that’s cool for Kit. It’s for emerging/new talents, right? Nice to have up and coming people like him and Bella on the jury

by Anonymousreply 162February 2, 2023 4:36 PM

I hadn't heard of the jury thing before - what does Kit have to do? Will it be some sort of event?

by Anonymousreply 163February 2, 2023 5:12 PM

R156 Not sure why they are upset, when it was very obvious Kit and Joe woudln't go to con of this level. Bash is a decently popular draw too, probably only second (but a distant) to Joe and Kit judging by how the last con went. I don't think Joe and Kit not going to that con means they won't go to cons in the future though.

by Anonymousreply 164February 2, 2023 5:16 PM

R163 It’s a week-long festival. Kit and the rest of the jury will watch the nominees and pick winners. The awards ceremony is on the 19th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 2, 2023 5:41 PM

So it’s probably safe to say he’s not filming anything at the moment then, unless it’s a very chill production that would let him take a week off

by Anonymousreply 166February 2, 2023 6:02 PM

And almost certainly no appearance at NYFW, sadly! Cool gig though.

by Anonymousreply 167February 2, 2023 6:08 PM

R166 It runs from Wednesday to Saturday and jury members aren't omnipresent at festivals, I wouldn't read into it either way.

by Anonymousreply 168February 2, 2023 6:26 PM

Couldn’t even be bothered to post it, but I swear every announcement Alice makes is just her repackaging the same books and trying to sell it to fans with minimal to no new content. Pretty good grift if it works

by Anonymousreply 169February 2, 2023 6:51 PM

I'm surprised someone who is a multi-millionaire gets away with a Patreon with the tag line that your support helps her continue as a full time artist/writer. Seems like something she should have left in the past, but instead she's restarting it.

by Anonymousreply 170February 2, 2023 6:57 PM

R170 She's at the point where she should convert her Patreon into a charity thing like she did Webtoons/Tapas if she hasn't already.

The Bradley take-over continues! He's going to the BAFTA Rising Star party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 2, 2023 7:13 PM

Cori's going as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 2, 2023 7:13 PM

It's Bradley's world, we just live in it

I suspect Cori might go to that con with Bradley. They seem close

by Anonymousreply 173February 2, 2023 7:17 PM

R152 They need to be a little more explicit as to what they mean by “rest of the cast,” there’s a considerable difference between Cori/Kizzy/Yaz/Will and people like Bradley and Leila.

R173 Yeah, Cori/Bradley/Leila seem like a good guess.

by Anonymousreply 174February 2, 2023 7:22 PM

Tobie, Kizzy, Jenny and all the others need to get Brad’s representative on the phone now, because I have no clue how they’re getting him these opportunities

by Anonymousreply 175February 2, 2023 7:26 PM

R171

For a second there i thought he was using Kits groomer but the photo doesn’t look nearly as polished.

by Anonymousreply 176February 2, 2023 7:27 PM

R175

Honestly, how is an extra turned character for s2 getting more opportunities to things than people on the show since s1. Kuddos to brad and his team though

by Anonymousreply 177February 2, 2023 7:28 PM

I'm kinda of curious if Brad had some connections. Also feel a bit bad for Tobie, he's a gay man in the cast who gets zero opportunities because he's chubby

by Anonymousreply 178February 2, 2023 7:33 PM

Here’s the red carpet photos for the event (no Brad or Cori yet) seems like it’s very much z list at best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 2, 2023 7:51 PM

R179 Someone get Naomi Ackie and Nathaniel Curtis out of there. What the fuck is this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 2, 2023 8:13 PM

Rhea is there too

by Anonymousreply 181February 2, 2023 8:25 PM

Meant to mention that I see Rhea has picked up a movie with Ty Tennant. Who know what level that’s at. But when we were talking about who will have an enduring career, she’s got a chance. She’s cute enough now but if she had a bit of a makeover she could probably have a bit of success.

by Anonymousreply 182February 2, 2023 8:38 PM

Rhea played a very annoying character but I actually thought she was one of the better young actors in Heartstopper (besides Joe and Kit, obv). She has a very expressive face and can express more complex emotion than some of the other actors in the show.

by Anonymousreply 183February 2, 2023 8:45 PM

R183 the delivery of the homophobic line really was hilarious. It was probably the best line in the whole show (gay crisis might give it a run though)

by Anonymousreply 184February 2, 2023 8:48 PM

Best written line. There was plenty of good delivery of shit dialogue

by Anonymousreply 185February 2, 2023 8:49 PM

R183 even in one of the bloopers, fhe fact that she started crying over the dead dog is actually pretty good and an indicator that she could be good with better written dialogue

by Anonymousreply 186February 2, 2023 8:57 PM

R186 she just needs a bit of practice with the camera. She felt a little bit drama school. That being said Kit and Joe really acted circles around the rest of the cast when it came to subtly and screen appropriate acting. I think it was probably good for Joe to be around someone with so much screen experience for his first job.

by Anonymousreply 187February 2, 2023 9:02 PM

R187 not to be overly dramatic but given joes total lack of experience he’s genuinely got the room to be one of the most talented actors in his age group. If he works on his range and continues lessons or other ways of getting feedback he will be genuinely phenomenal. It’s also a good sign that he is self critical, has mentioned watching his performance back and noting his stronger and weaker moments.

by Anonymousreply 188February 2, 2023 9:05 PM

R185 Too true - that's one of the reasons I'd love Joe and Kit to be Hulkling and Wiccan, because their natural banter and comedy skills are wasted with the sometimes weak dialogue in Heartstopper. Maybe it'll be better in season 2. Episode 1 was especially weak, with the 'it looks like I'm wearing blue gloves' scene, bleh.

by Anonymousreply 189February 2, 2023 9:05 PM

R189 from what I can tell that was very early on in shooting. That, the scenes with Bash and the locker scene with the stupid pink heart bit are all pretty weak (even Kit isn’t on his best form) and I think they were all first couple of weeks. Arcade scene, which I think has really beautiful non verbal acting from both of them, seems like it was much closer to the end.

by Anonymousreply 190February 2, 2023 9:10 PM

R190 Joe’s nonverbal acting was at its peak there (and he also looked gorgeous) and in the first kiss scene. The way he acted that entire bit was unbelievably strong. Both of their best scenes are 95% with each other with a few individual standout moments without one another, which is why it’s great he and Kit have been recognized primarily together as it’s their chemistry that makes the show

by Anonymousreply 191February 2, 2023 9:12 PM

R190 Agreed, but I was mainly talking about the writing in episode 1. Even if the ink explosion scene had been at the end of the season, I don't think any amount of great acting could've made it a great scene. Alice writes some funny moments, especially with Tori, but the Charlie/Nick banter is often lacking.

by Anonymousreply 192February 2, 2023 9:14 PM

In honour of having no content, who do you all think were the strongest and weakest young actors in the cast?

Joe and Kit aside, I thought Cori was pretty good and Jenny was great especially given her character is written to be highly unrealistic.

In the bottom (and I know they all are young and have a lot of room to grow), I thought Will, Yaz, and Kizzy were weak. Will was good in the play though and I thought Kizzy was pretty charming, so I have hopes for both of them. Yaz was extremely wooden but maybe won’t be in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 193February 2, 2023 9:15 PM

R182 It's a C4 drama series and she's in the trailer with a line, we'll see how it turns out.

R193 Kit > Joe > Jenny > Cori > Rhea > Kizzy > Bash > Will > Yaz > Tobie, I think?

Some of them didn't have a ton of material to judge from for me to be totally fair, I would say (sorry Tobie, your delivery in the infirmary scene was not great at all but you didn't have much else). I'll probably re-evaluate this after S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 2, 2023 9:37 PM

R191 Joe is stunning at the arcade. I think he often suffered because they valued naturalistic over lighting the actors specifically, and Kit really sucks up light just because of his skin and he is so telegenic. That scene seemed lit properly because the venue was so dark.

R193 I don’t know much about Jenny except that she is much older than the rest of cast. Does she have much experience?

I agree that Cori had some strong moments, Kizzy could ride that charm, Rhea has a lot of potential, Bash was pretty good (though I think he and Joe’s relationship made them both a bit hesitant in their scenes. Felt like he had a lot more in the tank). Yaz is also really telegenic and that could carry her career but she was pretty stilted. Will did some okay non verbal acting but his dialogue was particularly terrible.

by Anonymousreply 195February 2, 2023 9:38 PM

I don’t know if I have the energy to rank them right now beyond “Kit and Joe good,” but the Tao and Elle deleted scene pushed Will up a bit for me.

by Anonymousreply 196February 2, 2023 9:45 PM

R195 agreed re bash and Joe, but to be honest their relationship aside, it was awful thinking to film those scenes so early. The earliest scenes were always bound to be the weakest scenes due to lack of experience for most of the cast, and for it being the heaviest subject matter in Charlie’s storyline s1, they absolutely should’ve pushed the Ben stuff to at least midway through the shoot imo. Even where the actors were just friends and there wasn’t any romantic tension there, asking someone brand new to acting on screen and another young actor to act out an assault scene week 2 is pretty nuts.

by Anonymousreply 197February 2, 2023 9:49 PM

Tobie and Kizzy were at the BAFTA party as well. And ImgBB is back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 2, 2023 10:32 PM

R198 it’s nice that they all got to go at least. Sounds like Leila genuinely couldn’t make it from her caption and the main 4 plus bash probably never intended to go.

by Anonymousreply 199February 2, 2023 10:46 PM

R198 All I can think is Joe would look in that suit Bradley is wearing.

by Anonymousreply 200February 2, 2023 10:48 PM

Jenny as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 2, 2023 10:58 PM

R200 it was literally my first thought. Went through the Insta of the tagged stylist. He did the underwhelming Lewis styling of Kit but scrolling back the guy has done a quite a bit of very very gay styling

by Anonymousreply 202February 2, 2023 10:59 PM

R200 I love when DL can unite behind something the way we unite behind being horny for Joe. I need him to have his chest or waist and stomach out at every red carpet in the future

by Anonymousreply 203February 3, 2023 1:26 AM

Sorcha did him dirty with that powder, he looks like a ghost from the neck up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204February 3, 2023 1:27 AM

I think this is the best Tobie's looked at an event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 3, 2023 1:28 AM

Looks like they’re going to start rolling out Nick and Charlie merch. Wonder what Alice’s cut is on these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206February 3, 2023 1:34 AM

R204 Too much foundation. But he's objectively pretty good looking, but doesn't do anything for me. Guess you could say he's kinda boring even with his tits out.

by Anonymousreply 207February 3, 2023 2:53 AM

R206 yeah, I wonder how that works, because that looks like it’s Joe and Kit, not the cartoon versions.

by Anonymousreply 208February 3, 2023 3:09 AM

R207 honestly, and I’m absolutely meaning this in a bitchy way, he has a bit of a knock-off Joe vibe here

by Anonymousreply 209February 3, 2023 3:15 AM

R209

I was just thinking that, but it sounds bitchy as hell but it needs to be said. H&M version of Joe’s Attitude Awards look

by Anonymousreply 210February 3, 2023 3:19 AM

R210 we said what we said. He should avoid outfits that have similarities to his famous hot twink colleague’s looks

by Anonymousreply 211February 3, 2023 3:27 AM

[quote] knock off joe

Even got some curly hair today

by Anonymousreply 212February 3, 2023 3:33 AM

My first thought on Brad was hold on maybe he just wanted to be Joe all along. Plot twist on the Bash Bradley feud and he is making his move.

Objectively he is a good looking boy but that does nothing except remind me how exceptionally charismatic and hot as hell Joe is. The only effect it would likely have on Bash is scrolling for a cancellation back to Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 213February 3, 2023 7:32 AM

Maybe he admires Joe and initially came off way too strong/Single White Female-y?

by Anonymousreply 214February 3, 2023 7:43 AM

DL’s fanfiction regarding Bradley is eternally funny. Though agree looks like this make it clear Joe has some “it factor” as Bradley is an objectively cute twink and yet Joe would look way better in this

by Anonymousreply 215February 3, 2023 7:55 AM

Love it when we get to the Joe-thirst part of the thread. We are consistent

by Anonymousreply 216February 3, 2023 10:26 AM

It’s so funny how opposite (generally) to Twitter or other platforms DL is, Twitter is full of people thirsting over Kit, DL is full of people thirsting over Joe.

by Anonymousreply 217February 3, 2023 11:13 AM

R217 Reinforcing that Joe is gay-hot and hetros both fear and hate that. I also think Kit is hot as hell but he’s deal is way more universal beauty standards. Joe is specifically hot to men, which seems to make young women on Twitter very angry at him

by Anonymousreply 218February 3, 2023 11:35 AM

Kit is definitely good looking, and this is solely a matter of personal preference, but I think part of Joe’s appeal on here is there aren’t really a lot of celebrities who look like him or go for the fashion looks he goes for. Kit is more generic attractive to me, and goes for standard outfits more of the time. Nothing wrong with that and he suits them well, but a fairly built 6 foot teen heartthrob isn’t anything too new. An openly gay, very angular and skinny twink who wears bold and more daring looks to a lot of events stands out more and is more memorable. Obviously there’s Timothee but Joe being actually gay is at least to me part of his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 219February 3, 2023 11:45 AM

R219 Also the sexiness Kit is good looking but does not really register as sexy certainly to me whereas both Joe and Bash are attractive young openly gay men with sexual charisma and sluttiness radiating off them. Do not underestimate how hot that is to guys I find it distractingly so. It is also part of what the uptight twitter girls find so offensive while they can project purity onto Kit.

If Kit wants to up his game he is really going to have to shock his puritan fangirls which personally I am all for

by Anonymousreply 220February 3, 2023 12:14 PM

Not too much on Kit now. For me, the two hottest are Kit and Joe (though Kit is more my type physically), and none of the other guys register. Sorry, Bradley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 3, 2023 2:52 PM

There’s a new comic up on Alice’s Patreon, apparently. Please don’t share it on here though, cos it’ll undoubtedly leak and Alice doesn’t want stuff shared outside of Patreon (fair enough, if people are paying). Although it’ll probably leak anyway.

by Anonymousreply 222February 3, 2023 2:58 PM

The page is basically setting up Nick talking to a friend about having sex with Charlie. Tara would be my guess, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 223February 3, 2023 3:04 PM

Joe and Bash haven't reacted to the last few posts of Bradleys I'm definitely going with there's some beef there somewhere for sure. I'm ignoring the fact Bash is on some sort of social media break)

by Anonymousreply 224February 3, 2023 3:25 PM

The Joe veneration with Bradley’s look last night was sufficiently obvious that even some on twitter were picking up on it. I am here for the Joe Bash Bradley drama confected or otherwise

by Anonymousreply 225February 3, 2023 3:42 PM

Funnily enough, I also immediately thought Joe but realized Bradley’s look was also a knock off of this Bash look. Maybe he’s single white female-ing both

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226February 3, 2023 3:44 PM

R226 I will go along with that interpretation he doesn’t know which one he wants and which one he wants to be

by Anonymousreply 227February 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Joe just commented on Brads post. Its a win for the annoying gay ig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 3, 2023 3:53 PM

Or maybe he is jealous of their relationship he wants him and whatever his BF is called to be the IT couple of HS

by Anonymousreply 229February 3, 2023 3:54 PM

I'm still of the mind that he wants to be Joe more than any other theory. That hair and outfit were 100% Joe. Maybe Joe is flattered now.

by Anonymousreply 230February 3, 2023 3:58 PM

R230 maybe Joe read DL callling him a pale imitation and gave him a pity comment. Bash is texting him after that comment, don’t even joke about marrying that annoying twink

by Anonymousreply 231February 3, 2023 4:00 PM

Joe and Brad as a couple is a horrifying thought

by Anonymousreply 232February 3, 2023 4:06 PM

Joe leaving a comment for all of them so he doesn't have to do it for everyone.

He seems to have free time this week though.

by Anonymousreply 233February 3, 2023 4:10 PM

I’m still waiting for Aubrey Plaza to follow Joe. The show has two units so I guess they haven’t overlapped yet.

Kit’s been pretty quiet recently. I’ve only seen him under a couple of Harry Styles’s posts.

by Anonymousreply 234February 3, 2023 4:23 PM

R234

Im waiting for Aubrey too, also the mutual follow of Miles. Maybe then we will get some content from Joe

by Anonymousreply 235February 3, 2023 4:36 PM

I'm assuming Miles is barely in the show or hasn't filmed yet if the two haven't followed each other yet.

by Anonymousreply 236February 3, 2023 4:39 PM

So a fan asked about Kit attending another convention by dreamit and they replied that he was focusing on his acting projects. So many there is something in the works for him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237February 3, 2023 7:29 PM

They said the same about Joe/Kit/Bash as a trio - I suspect it's just a general excuse for not really wanting to go.

by Anonymousreply 238February 3, 2023 7:32 PM

R231 Too late the annoying twink said yesssssss

by Anonymousreply 239February 3, 2023 7:32 PM

Agreed with r238; it’s of course likely to me that kit will be filming something by the time of this con but that sounds more like his agent turning down all the conventions that company runs at once.

by Anonymousreply 240February 3, 2023 7:37 PM

I’m guessing it’s true not necessarily because they’re booked for stuff already, but because they want to keep their calendars clear in case they sign for something around those dates and don’t have to worry about getting out of a con contract.

by Anonymousreply 241February 3, 2023 7:51 PM

Kit and Joe did a huge con and they got about all they can get out of HS. I don't see them bothering with small time cons anymore. And Bash gains nothing from going at all. Better to keep their schedule open for more important things

by Anonymousreply 242February 3, 2023 7:54 PM

Joe’s followed a few Broadway stars currently in shows recently. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a NYFW show next weekend and maybe catching a musical after?

by Anonymousreply 243February 3, 2023 7:59 PM

R238 agree. I know we got great content out of it but the whole thing looked pretty unprofessional and tbh they all looked a bit unprepared for level of constant attention. As people have pointed out, neither Kit or Joe are very extraverted and it seemed like they were sort left in a room with a swarm of fans and one bored looking minder each.

by Anonymousreply 244February 3, 2023 8:00 PM

Joes going to be doing Comic Con in a year or two, and for all we know, Kit is as well. It seemed like half their time was spent comforting fans who were crying or upset over the con being a shit show, it’s probably just not worth it

by Anonymousreply 245February 3, 2023 8:06 PM

R242 didn’t think of that but it must have been very eye opening about what it’s like to be properly looked after by an event. As Joe will be expected at D3 at a minimum at some point in the next few years (and Kit too if Hercules or Hulking etc), these little ones won’t feel like any fun

by Anonymousreply 246February 3, 2023 8:06 PM

Don’t know if we’d seen all of this (know we saw some clips).

by Anonymousreply 247February 3, 2023 8:13 PM

R247 can't type. this link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 3, 2023 8:17 PM

R248 that heartstopper Brazil account has to be one of the best curators of HS content on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 249February 3, 2023 8:24 PM

R243 Who did he unfollow though?

And Kit alert. He liked some of the casts post on Ig (not Bradley's though yet). So he's doing more than hanging out at Harry Style's IG

by Anonymousreply 250February 3, 2023 8:26 PM

R250 Well, I'll answer myself. He unfollowed Dylan Geick.

by Anonymousreply 251February 3, 2023 8:40 PM

I guess Joe wasn’t interested in Dylan’s OF re-launch.

by Anonymousreply 252February 3, 2023 8:44 PM

R251 he also unfollowed Jack Champion

by Anonymousreply 253February 3, 2023 8:46 PM

R253 that’s weird. He had only just followed him

by Anonymousreply 254February 3, 2023 9:07 PM

He's just followed Lea Michele, I'm definitely thinking NYC trip now too

by Anonymousreply 255February 3, 2023 9:22 PM

R255 yeah that was mentioned in 243. Her and Eva Noblezada.

by Anonymousreply 256February 3, 2023 9:25 PM

R255

If he is in New York, maybe he and Yaz will reunite?

by Anonymousreply 257February 3, 2023 9:37 PM

Shame that Kit likely can’t make it to NYFW, that would’ve been a nice reunion. I’m sure Bash will be there though.

by Anonymousreply 258February 3, 2023 9:37 PM

Joe in his unhinged era again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 3, 2023 9:52 PM

NYFW is 10th-15th, his panel thing is 16th-19th, so depending when he's needed he would be okay to make some of it if he wanted to

by Anonymousreply 260February 3, 2023 9:52 PM

R259 He's not polite like Will. No please

by Anonymousreply 261February 3, 2023 10:03 PM

R259 my hope has always been that Joe’s sm presence just really really gay. What’s he got to lose and he might pick up more grown up gay men as fans - which hilariously would be a much kinder base for him

R261 you are joking, right?

by Anonymousreply 262February 3, 2023 10:10 PM

R262 Yes? it's a joke since will just said daddy please to tobie...

by Anonymousreply 263February 3, 2023 10:13 PM

R263 phew! I briefly thought one of the puritans had arrived… i forgot about Will’s comment!

by Anonymousreply 264February 3, 2023 10:15 PM

R263 ah! I actually just understood your comment. That was some real himbo energy from me. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 265February 3, 2023 10:19 PM

R262

I agree, Joe go gayer

by Anonymousreply 266February 3, 2023 10:19 PM

R266 he needs to post a really gay thirst trap. Lift your top up, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 267February 3, 2023 10:20 PM

Kit should go and take Will with him. Get the gang back together. Not sure about Yaz, I still find it weird she popped up in Paris but didn't make any of the show.

by Anonymousreply 268February 3, 2023 10:20 PM

R268

Maybe couture week was a bit much to expect her to show up. Maybe she will be invited to the RTW shows instead. She did go to the bfa with Harris Reed, maybe she will show up at Nina Ricci

by Anonymousreply 269February 3, 2023 10:39 PM

I don’t know if this has been mentioned on here yet. But I saw online someone mentioning how Will’s recent Instagram post has him wearing a shirt that says Heartstopper season 2 September 1…

I wonder if that’s the release date. If so, I have to say I am a little disappointment we’ll have to wait so long.

by Anonymousreply 270February 4, 2023 3:31 PM

R270 Pretty sure it says September-December 2022, as in the filming dates for it. It was a wrap gift for the cast I believe, as Nima wore it on the last day

by Anonymousreply 271February 4, 2023 3:34 PM

R271 Oh that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 272February 4, 2023 3:36 PM

Yeah it's the wrap sweatshirts, they say Heartstopper season 2 cast and crew September-November 2022

by Anonymousreply 273February 4, 2023 3:36 PM

So many people misread a recent instagram post from See Saw and thought they meant the show was coming out in a month... sigh.

by Anonymousreply 274February 4, 2023 3:41 PM

Guess there’s a Tao flashback in the second season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275February 4, 2023 5:07 PM

Interesting to see who's in how many episodes - looks like a lot more Olivia Coleman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276February 4, 2023 6:43 PM

I wouldn't read too much into that, Kit and Joe are showing 9 in total (8 for S1 and just 1 episode for season 2) which obviously they will be in more than that

by Anonymousreply 277February 4, 2023 6:57 PM

I do wonder how many episodes season 2 will have - I guess likely eight again, right? I wonder if they'll be slightly longer this time.

by Anonymousreply 278February 4, 2023 7:06 PM

Looks like 8 between this and the length of production (around the same as the first season).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279February 4, 2023 10:02 PM

Kit liked this, I think there’s a decent chance he pops up at the show on the 19th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280February 5, 2023 5:56 AM

19th is when the awards are for that BFI thing he's on the panel for

by Anonymousreply 281February 5, 2023 9:43 AM

The JW Anderson show is in the morning (11 AM) and the awards ceremony is at 4:30 PM, he’d be able to make both if he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 282February 5, 2023 9:53 AM

R280

Maybe but he probably has to go to that BFI events on that day. If he goes, hopefully he won’t be put in another weird Jw anderson look, lets keep the good looks going

by Anonymousreply 283February 5, 2023 2:37 PM

I just learned from a friend that is in Alice’s Patreon that they’ve consistently been sharing new comic content on Patreon for the past year. It looks like volume 5 is coming along nicely, and Alice appears to have zero plans of sharing it for free on webtoons. Obviously, writers don’t have to share their work for free online. But the fact they’ve been acting like their too busy to draw and lying to fans about the existence of new content doesn’t sit right with me. My opinion of Alice keeps dropping.

by Anonymousreply 284February 5, 2023 2:58 PM

R284 I haven’t heard that. Hasn’t the patron been on pause for several months?

by Anonymousreply 285February 5, 2023 3:20 PM

That is only partially correct r284. Content from volume 5 only started getting posted a few days ago for the full comic tier, prior to that the last post was March 31. On the rare occasion something was posted, it’s what has been posted everywhere such as unrelated mini comics, art, edits, guest comics.

by Anonymousreply 286February 5, 2023 3:23 PM

R285 From the fuss being made on twitter it looks like it was paused months ago possibly right after the Heartstopper realise when she started complaining about exhaustion and burn out. It has certainly been unavailable for some time until this last week or so

by Anonymousreply 287February 5, 2023 3:26 PM

R284 Alice hadn’t posted Vol 5 content in almost a year prior to a couple of days ago. People paying for Patreon are paying for early access. A page is posted at a time. She eventually does post everything publicly for free, but in larger chunks and not page by page.

by Anonymousreply 288February 5, 2023 5:15 PM

Will’s cover for Behind the Blinds is out. He’s a great model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289February 5, 2023 5:23 PM

[quote]Strike a pose! William Gao @will.gao_ , the star of the queer TV phenomenon Heartstopper, is on the next cover of our upcoming WILDSIDE SS 23 issue - out in late March. In our conversation, he talks about the show’s powerful sense of joy, valuing honesty in people and what it’s like to have dinner with Sir Elton John and Dua Lipa.

Intrigued to hear more about that dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290February 5, 2023 5:34 PM

Hopefully he’ll explain how such a random group of people came to be in a room together

by Anonymousreply 291February 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Kit commented on Will’s cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292February 5, 2023 6:24 PM

R292 Ha, of course he did.

by Anonymousreply 293February 5, 2023 6:32 PM

So Joe followed Gwyneth Paltrow who was at Funny Girl last night, I’d put money on he’s in NYC for the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 294February 5, 2023 6:58 PM

R294 That's cool. I wonder if Bash is with him? I'd be very surprised if not.

by Anonymousreply 295February 5, 2023 7:02 PM

I don't think he's in New York yet, pretty sure what prompted him following her was that Lea Michele (who he follows) posted Goop and Brad Falchuk at Funny Girl. Joe liked the picture and then followed Goop.

by Anonymousreply 296February 5, 2023 7:05 PM

R296 agreed, he followed a GQ journalist yesterday. My guess is NYFW next weekend and Funny Girl and Hadestown based on his follows, probably with Bash. London fashion week starts the 17th so likely bash will head back around then but NYFW and Valentine’s together seems likely

by Anonymousreply 297February 5, 2023 7:06 PM

Someone looks familiar in the audience in this photo… and yes I’m that sad that I looked at people who tagged themselves at the play last night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 5, 2023 7:08 PM

The FBI seriously needs to hire DL.

by Anonymousreply 299February 5, 2023 7:09 PM

R298 Ha wow, that is both impressive and a tad creepy. ;) Nice work. His infamous ultra expensive grey coat helps to pick him out... I wonder who he's with?

by Anonymousreply 300February 5, 2023 7:09 PM

Difficult to see, his Mum maybe?

by Anonymousreply 301February 5, 2023 7:10 PM

It's nice that he doesn't seem to have been spotted by fans so far - he's probably enjoying the semi anonymity.

by Anonymousreply 302February 5, 2023 7:11 PM

He wasn’t recognized at a musical in NYC? That’s actually kind of shocking.

by Anonymousreply 303February 5, 2023 7:13 PM

He has a mask on in that pic and in the pic in the theatre in LA. I’m guessing marvel has put the fear of god in him re getting sick, but also a good way to not be recognized

by Anonymousreply 304February 5, 2023 7:16 PM

Maybe his Mum and Bash are tag teaming visiting him, Bash came home 2ish weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 305February 5, 2023 7:18 PM

Also possible Bash is filming something. Given the whole HP situation his social media silence is understandable, but the fact no one has spotted him in London, including with Kit, Will, and Tobie, makes me curious.

by Anonymousreply 306February 5, 2023 7:20 PM

R298 Man that was really impressive.

Its nice he has his mum with him. I really hope he would go to NYFW next

by Anonymousreply 307February 5, 2023 7:20 PM

that does kinda look like his mom. I figured Joe was off this weekend since he was a bit too active on social media

by Anonymousreply 308February 5, 2023 7:22 PM

The thing is normally you’d get wind of potential new co stars from their insta follows, but seen as Bash has completely stopped using it for now we don’t even get a hint lol

by Anonymousreply 309February 5, 2023 7:23 PM

The problem is that Bash is usually only spotted when he's with someone else from the cast. I don't think fans go up to him when he's on his own. Makes it harder to determine where he is.

by Anonymousreply 310February 5, 2023 7:26 PM

R300 that hairstyle/colour looks a lot like his Mum. Not sure what school hols are in UK but I suppose NY isn’t too far from London (extra Trevi IOM would be annoying)

by Anonymousreply 311February 5, 2023 7:32 PM

R311 The next school term seems to start on 13th Feb, so not quite yet. Although I think some schools can be different - and it might be different again on the IOM.

by Anonymousreply 312February 5, 2023 7:35 PM

R312 so definitely enough time for a visit. They are so cutely close. At 19 I couldn’t have thought of anything more tedious than hanging out with my mum

by Anonymousreply 313February 5, 2023 7:38 PM

[quote]The FBI seriously needs to hire DL.

The FBI seriously needs to investigate DL.

by Anonymousreply 314February 5, 2023 7:49 PM

R313 he and bash are both very sweet and close to their families, but there is a single mum bond for sure.

by Anonymousreply 315February 5, 2023 7:49 PM

R315 Oh definitely, a single Mum bond is special. It seems like it was mainly just the two of them. Assume the little sister he mentioned only once is on his Dad’s side. Though who knows - he’s extremely good a locking that personal shit down

by Anonymousreply 316February 5, 2023 7:52 PM

So do we agree if Bash wasn’t with him this weekend he must surely be working?

From all we know of them over the last two years passing up a weekend in New York together and a trip to the theatre in particular during a longer period of inevitable separations wouldn’t be a voluntary choice

by Anonymousreply 317February 5, 2023 7:54 PM

R317 thinks it’s pretty likely he probably saw Tobie as well. He mentioned in an interview that London cast often hangout at their homes

by Anonymousreply 318February 5, 2023 7:58 PM

I mean he could also just be letting Joe and his Mum have some time together as she won’t have seen him for like a month

by Anonymousreply 319February 5, 2023 7:59 PM

I think he could just be taking a break. Bash has only been back in London a couple weeks and Valentines is next week, which is probably a holiday they'd rather spend time together than a random weekend. It's nice for them to spend some time with their family anyway.

by Anonymousreply 320February 5, 2023 8:00 PM

R320 I do not disagree of course anything is possible it is merely an observation that Joe, Bash and voluntary time apart don’t often appear in the same sentence

by Anonymousreply 321February 5, 2023 8:09 PM

Bash was with Joe the last two times Joe went to the IOM so it's good that Joe's getting some one-on-one time with his mum. Same as Bash getting to spend that time with his family for his grandma's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 322February 5, 2023 8:15 PM

I agree, though it's barely been any time. They were last spotted the Jan. 14th, Joe didn't start filming until the 19th and Bash was spotted the 23rd so I'm assuming he went home that weekend. Need to beat those codependent allegations.

Yes, I remember all those dates. Send help.

by Anonymousreply 323February 5, 2023 8:16 PM

[quote]it's good that Joe's getting some one-on-one time with his mum

I'd rather have some one-on-one time with Bash's dick. Any day of any week.

by Anonymousreply 324February 5, 2023 8:19 PM

I’m sure Bash will turn up when Joe’s wine supply runs out. Target photos on the horizon

by Anonymousreply 325February 5, 2023 8:20 PM

I bet Ali Ahn would stock him up if he asked.

by Anonymousreply 326February 5, 2023 8:28 PM

Since it's dead, a throwback.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327February 6, 2023 2:20 AM

He used to groom the shit out of his brows

Is Joe watching the grammy's tonight?

by Anonymousreply 328February 6, 2023 2:37 AM

I would hate to be a teen celebrity nowadays. His old cringe tiktoks being found, god bless him

by Anonymousreply 329February 6, 2023 3:12 AM

R328 I really don’t get his objection to a bigger gap between his brows. I think they were over manicured when he was younger but he could make them a tiny bit further apart for the better

by Anonymousreply 330February 6, 2023 3:24 AM

I knew Joe would like the Beyonce, Adele and Lizzo picture. Reposted it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331February 6, 2023 3:31 AM

I hope he turned it off before AOTY because that win was atrocious. I’m sure Kit is thrilled, though.

by Anonymousreply 332February 6, 2023 3:47 AM

Kit and Joe gonna fight over it

by Anonymousreply 333February 6, 2023 3:47 AM

R330 to be honest, aside from when he goes full unibrow which is rare, I really like his much closer together brows. I do agree it’s not always the most photogenic but I do think it’s very videogenic and it lends to his bone structure popping onscreen

by Anonymousreply 334February 6, 2023 5:18 AM

Kit is part of BAFTA’s Let’s Connect series for Children’s Mental Health Week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335February 6, 2023 9:21 AM

That was a sweet little video.

Here's the press release. Kit's is the featured picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336February 6, 2023 9:42 AM

That little girl did quite well actually. The video was very cute

by Anonymousreply 337February 6, 2023 10:56 AM

Quite a sweet interview. The gaming part was kind of interesting and somewhat new to what we’ve heard a million times before.

by Anonymousreply 338February 6, 2023 12:24 PM

He writes poems! That’s sweet. And I guess slightly surprising considering his general lack of words on social media.

by Anonymousreply 339February 6, 2023 12:50 PM

I wonder who the best friend is that he plays NBA games with? Maybe one of his LA trip friends.

by Anonymousreply 340February 6, 2023 1:06 PM

Would bet money it’s one of the LA friends.

Kit with Gracie, from her Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341February 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Finding out about Kit writing poetry reminded me of when Kit and Joe did that Best Friends Challenge video during the first season's press run. When they were asked who the massive softie was between the pair of them and the question wasn't even done being asked before Joe was pointing at Kit.

by Anonymousreply 342February 6, 2023 3:21 PM

R342 Yeah, that was very sweet - wish they’d probed Joe more about why he said that, though. He also described him as a ‘massive softy’ twice in another interview.

by Anonymousreply 343February 6, 2023 3:30 PM

Probably a combo of kit actually being a softy and friendly, and Joe being a little bitch (said with nothing but affection). Joe seems genuinely very sweet but completely willing to go to the mat for people he loves. The blocking that girl and pink news for bash is a pretty clear sign of that.

by Anonymousreply 344February 6, 2023 3:38 PM

I would not want to get on Joe’s bad side, that’s for sure

by Anonymousreply 345February 6, 2023 3:41 PM

R344 He also said something along the lines of being a lot like Charlie but nowhere near as nice. He seems a decent and kind hearted young man but always felt like he has sharp enough edges and would give it back in bucketloads if he could especially when it comes to his loved ones. The irony is if anything Bash gives even bigger softy vibes than Kit and may well look past even the amount of shit he has been put through. I do not think Joe will ever forget or forgive them.

In the cast bitch wars my money would be on Joe winning hands down

by Anonymousreply 346February 6, 2023 3:53 PM

Pret probably appreciates that Joe deleted his Twitter. (This is a joke, Joe's bitchy side cracks me up.) Kit's gone to bat for people he cares about (Joe, Sof) and he's also been a bit bitchy on social media, but it's charming the same way it is with Joe. Bitchy but not A Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 347February 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Yeah, it’s quite funny cos Joe seems like the more sassy one, but Kit has been way more combative on social media. It seems like maybe he’s more easily hurt and will semi lash out, whereas Joe has a bit more self control to just keep his thoughts non-public.

by Anonymousreply 348February 6, 2023 4:11 PM

R346 I think there’s a tad of self deprecation in saying he’s a lot less nice. Kit was really insistent in one interview that Joe was a lot like Charlie and led with the fact that he’s really nice. My guess is he’s snarky and a little bitchy as part of his sense of humour but very very loyal. He immediately had Kit’s back every time about the queerbaiting, and the Bash stuff is obvious.

R347 when has he gone to bat for Joe? To be clear, not shitting on Kit. Think him and Joe have a really nice and supportive friendship from everything they’ve said, I think the instances you mention probably just slipped my mind

by Anonymousreply 349February 6, 2023 4:15 PM

[quote]wish they’d probed Joe more

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 350February 6, 2023 4:21 PM

R349 Hopefully someone that has a better memory than me pops up to help, but I remember he tweeted both about Sof and Joe (Sof about people wanting to protect him from her, Joe about the "Joe Locke ugly" Twitter search results) and I know there were a couple of interviews RE: Joe. I think one of them was in video form.

by Anonymousreply 351February 6, 2023 4:30 PM

R351 I wouldn't say he quite stood up for Joe with the ugly/gay thing on Twitter - he just replied with 'primary school flashbacks' or something. He did mention in one solo interview that he finds it hard/confusing when people watch Heartstopper and then make negative comments (he mentioned Joe's appearance as an example). I can't really think of any other times that he's specifically stood up for Joe. Again, it's a case of Joe sticking up for Kit more on social media (just like he thirst comments more), but Kit likely doing the same away from social media.

by Anonymousreply 352February 6, 2023 4:41 PM

Not the bean counting again.

by Anonymousreply 353February 6, 2023 4:43 PM

R352 He's said more than pretty much anyone else in the cast, but I'm sorry it wasn't done in a way that is satisfactory to you, I guess? Kind of tiring that we always end up at the "Kit doesn't comment enough/like enough/say things in the right way enough" point so frequently but I probably should've seen it coming.

by Anonymousreply 354February 6, 2023 4:51 PM

Can’t save and reupload from my phone so hopefully the link works, but a BTS clip of Will’s Behind The Blinds shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355February 6, 2023 4:54 PM

R354 Someone specifically asked what Kit had said to stick up for Joe, I responded with the answer. Simple as that, really. I also clearly said that he probably sticks up for Joe off social media.

by Anonymousreply 356February 6, 2023 4:54 PM

R348 I would not describe what Kit has done on social media as combative at all more emotional reactions with a bit of a snarky edge. He seems less good at hiding his emotions and more sensitive but the opposite of confrontational. No disrespect there is different kinds of strength and he clearly has some to have survived this past year on an even keel.

But Joe must have some next level toughness to him to have come through what he and Bash have had thrown at them still standing. I think having each other and loving supportive family and friends obviously helps but I also think he is better at holding it in when he definitely gives fighter vibes. Like you say I suspect he has learned next level self control and has posted less openly because he knows if he starts saying anything he is just going to let rip and it will not be good for him in the long run. Selective blocking has actually been a very powerful tool that lead to disproportionate rage from those wanting an emotional reaction because he is making a silent point while giving nothing of himself for others to latch onto.

He has basically learned to be supremely good at controlled and righteous anger which is impressive for his age.

He is also definitely a bitch in the best and truest sense of the word

by Anonymousreply 357February 6, 2023 4:55 PM

Deleting their accounts was the right call for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 358February 6, 2023 4:58 PM

R354 You really give yourselves away when anything that suggests Kit is not the literal godhead of perfection is posted. This is an adult conversation where observations are made about three dimensional complex human beings often in a light hearted or throwaway manner and no one is attacking you personally by pointing out Kit Doesn’t Defend Joe Publicly. He doesn’t. None of the cast do it is clearly a collective decision not to give oxygen to bullies and emotional parasites and not a reflection of their character or the strength of their friendships.

If you feel so emotional at a reasonable and neutral comment about someone you don’t even know that you have to react you need to grow up or just head back to twitter

by Anonymousreply 359February 6, 2023 5:40 PM

R359 You can try to frame my comment however you want, but pointing out a repetitive, boring pattern isn't particularly emotional. I'll see you next time Joe leaves a comment on Kit's Instagram for the next round.

by Anonymousreply 360February 6, 2023 5:56 PM

R355 Here's an upload.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361February 6, 2023 5:59 PM

R361 Thanks!

I didn’t realize that Gracie had interviewed Kit before, that’s cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362February 6, 2023 6:09 PM

R362 Out of curiosity, I looked up Gracie and she's actually only four years younger than Kit, haha. Just shows how mature Kit is for his age.

by Anonymousreply 363February 6, 2023 6:14 PM

R363 …she’s WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 364February 6, 2023 6:19 PM

That kid is going places, she was way more confident than so many kids the same age

by Anonymousreply 365February 6, 2023 6:22 PM

To be fair, Kit is definitely mature but 14 to 18 is a huge jump. 4 years matters s lot when you’re young for development.

by Anonymousreply 366February 6, 2023 6:30 PM

They’re different people with different styles. Kit repeatedly talks about how supportive he’s found Joe during this weird time and is pretty vocal about their friendship these days and Joe clearly thinks Kit is wonderful and will always take an opportunity to talk about it. Also, they’re English men, the fact they can talk about the way they feel about each other at all is impressive.

I actually get a slightly catty sense of humour from both of them towards each other. Which is exactly how I am with my friends and is the way queer men who adore each other (as friends) have interacted since the dawn of time. I think the way Kit was recorded saying darling says a lot about their friendship and it’s pretty gay.

by Anonymousreply 367February 6, 2023 6:38 PM

I say this with Joe as my absolute favourite in the cast but expecting everyone to be as gung ho or fierce in defending people they care about as him isn’t realistic or fair in terms of personality type.

Also, do think there’s likely an element of him not actually wanting people to engage with the shit that’s said about him. Aside from the initial tweet about being called ugly, he’s kept the stuff that’s upset him under wraps aside from the GQ article. Clearly it affects him but he chooses not to make it public. Putting Kit aside, clearly bash is obsessed with him and I’m sure would defend or back him if he ever wanted to confront some of the ridiculous hate he gets publicly. They’re both (plus the cast) silent on it. Joe backs Kit more publicly, but Kit has also posted a lot more publicly (I think 3 tweets alluding to the queerbaiting stuff pre coming out plus the Sof tweet). Joe isn’t tweeting at random about how Kit deserves better, it’s responsive to what Kit says himself. Joe keeps his cards closer to his chest. Kit and Bash or anyone else can’t exactly tweet at random about how unfair it is he’s called ugly or hated on, that would be weird.

by Anonymousreply 368February 6, 2023 6:43 PM

I say this being a little bit of a bitch but also with a lot of love. I can’t wait until the season comes out or they start doing press so we don’t have to have the same conversations over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 369February 6, 2023 7:01 PM

R369 I think it’s possible we will still have to retread. They’re very polished these days and get the same questions over and over so give the same answers. Might have to make our own fun regardless of new content.

by Anonymousreply 370February 6, 2023 7:24 PM

I half wish we could provide some sort of nerdy spreadsheet with 'questions they've been asked 500 times' for season 2 press people, so we actually get new and interesting questions.

by Anonymousreply 371February 6, 2023 7:28 PM

Speaking of S2 and related to the poll question, I seriously can't imagine S2 not coming out by summer at the latest. Not saying the cast doesn't deserve a break, but HS is such a quick watch show and Alice is not giving new content, so I could see fans kind of moving on rather quickly to other things, they already are somewhat. I'm sure a lot will pick it right back up, but a big part of the reason the show got so popular with fans was cast interaction and those are just not happening anymore.. Like R370 said I'm assuming everything going forward will be pretty polished. Things like the vlogs are going to be completely boring.

Do wonder how many people will move on to Red, White & Royal Blue, which is coming out this year too.

by Anonymousreply 372February 6, 2023 7:38 PM

R371 I honestly don’t know what kind of “research”these journalist are doing when they ask the same exact questions.

The guy from hot ones tends to have some interesting questions for his guest. I don’t think HS is anywhere close to being popular enough in the US to have Kit or Joe on. Perhaps, after Joe finishes up with Marvel we will get lucky. I also think watching some English boys eating spicy food is entertainment alone.

by Anonymousreply 373February 6, 2023 7:44 PM

R372 I don't disagree with you, but that'll be very disappointing if the vlogs are boring. I'm guessing they're probably going to be fairly short - maybe just one long ish 'behind the scenes' video rather than 8/9 long videos like last time. But it could be really fun cos the cast know each other so much better now. Plus it seems that Tobie was vlogging Disneyland, which would be great.

by Anonymousreply 374February 6, 2023 7:45 PM

Tobie should just go full Zoella and get into vlogging. I want to see Will and Kit pick him up at the station and go to Five Guys. I want to see him walking along a street talking about how he’s feeling about his trip to Tesco

by Anonymousreply 375February 6, 2023 7:55 PM

I think everyone will be a lot more guarded and they will be very conscious when editing nothing is happening in the background like last time

by Anonymousreply 376February 6, 2023 7:56 PM

R347 I thought that apart from the vlogs everything released from set was kind of shit. I wondered if it was because Kit and Joe were still both under 18 while it was being filmed. The bloopers were mainly boring which said to me they probably swore a fair bit

by Anonymousreply 377February 6, 2023 7:58 PM

As things are extremely slow here - what are people's wishlists for shows/promo that the cast do this time round?

As I've said before, I'd absolutely love them to do Bake Off. A Heartstopper Bake Off charity special would be really great - lighthearted, nothing controversial. Graham Norton is an obvious one. Agree with R373 that Hot Ones would be hilarious, but unlikely. I think something like Vogue or Cosmo does a 'friendship test' of actors where they do funny challenges like trust falls, complimenting each other etc. Would love to see Joe and Kit do that. Puppy interview is an obvious one. Is Celebrity Juice still a thing? If so, that would be hilarious. Also an interview with Ali Plumb because he's my favourite interviewer - he really puts famous people at ease without trying too hard.

Basically just stuff where the cast are relaxed and having a laugh, rather than sitting there stiffly answering the same questions.

by Anonymousreply 378February 6, 2023 8:00 PM

R377 I wondered about the bloopers being short cos of swearing - I'd hope they'd just bleep out the swearing rather than us potentially losing some great bloopers.

by Anonymousreply 379February 6, 2023 8:01 PM

The lie detector test. Those are unhinged - even the Vanity Fair ones. The questions are always totally left field

by Anonymousreply 380February 6, 2023 8:03 PM

R379 I think the TikTok Joe did in Paris pretty clearly shows Kit about to drop a For fucks sake, which if you say that once, you say it on the regular. And I’m sure Joe has dropped a few f bombs in the wrong spots and he definitely swears in the vlogs. In the last I think he says he doesn’t fucking care who knows he fluffed his lines on purpose - he’s not going to lose his job.

by Anonymousreply 381February 6, 2023 8:24 PM

R378 Love Ali Plumb and Joe will def meet him in the next year or so as Marvel seem to love him too. But his interviews are a bit sweet. I’d love them to be asked some actual interesting questions- I know their PR and Netflix wouldn’t allow it. It would be great to hear Joe talk about the queer activism he clearly admires, or the expectation of respectability that are forced on him as a gay man, or Kit to talk about the pressure of being the internet’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 382February 6, 2023 8:29 PM

I’d love another print profile like GQ. It was a pretty insightful interview, polish and all.

by Anonymousreply 383February 6, 2023 9:20 PM

Kit must have been offered a “tell all” type interview about him being forced to come out, but doesn’t look like he’s taken the offer, yet at least.

by Anonymousreply 384February 6, 2023 9:25 PM

R384 I’m sure he’s gotten a lot of interview offers about it, and he’s turned them all down (again thus far). Both as a career move and I’m sure due to how shitty the whole experience was and no immediate desire to relive it, smart to not take them. While he got a lot of support, making that the only thing he’s known for so early in his career would be an awful ide

by Anonymousreply 385February 6, 2023 9:35 PM

If he chooses to address it, he’s better off addressing it as part of the show press, given that it’s at least somewhat relevant to the story, versus centering it in an interview. I can’t imagine he’d be comfortable with that kind of thing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 386February 6, 2023 9:45 PM

I kinda like that he hasn’t addressed it, but is now just casually referring to himself as queer in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 387February 6, 2023 9:46 PM

I also have the (semi unfounded) opinion that he’s not nearly as traumatised by it as people think. He clearly included himself in the queer community in the GQ interview, conducted months before he came out, casually included himself in the bi community in an interview a few weeks after the tweet, and as r387 says has been casually using queer since. I think the tweet was the result of very understandable exasperation and frustration, and use of the word “outing” was apt given the trolls were very shitty, but more used to speak to the fact that the constant pestering and trolling forces people to say it whether or not they want to, rather than him specifically not wanting to come out.

by Anonymousreply 388February 6, 2023 9:49 PM

Joe’s photo dumping from his NYC trip, so I’m guessing he’s back in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 389February 6, 2023 9:58 PM

Also it was definitely his mom with him, you can see her in the reflection of the coffee and view boomerang.

by Anonymousreply 390February 6, 2023 9:59 PM

He didn’t post about Hadestown, so between that and the GQ journalist follow I’m guessing he’ll be back for fashion week next weekend (probably with bash).

by Anonymousreply 391February 6, 2023 10:04 PM

Flipping heck, he saw three Broadway shows during his weekend? Impressive.

by Anonymousreply 392February 6, 2023 10:16 PM

R392 only 2. The patti lupone playbill is old; he probably just posted it as she’s going to be in Agatha. Still, even 2 is impressive. Good choice for brunch, the restaurant (Jack’s Wife Frida) is pretty good

by Anonymousreply 393February 6, 2023 10:29 PM

Not a single hot selfie… why does he hate us?

by Anonymousreply 394February 6, 2023 10:42 PM

I'm guessing his mom doesn't have a lot of time off so can see why they fit in multiple shows.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it to Vegas to see Adele one weekend. Though Vegas at 19 sounds sad, I'm sure seeing Adele will make up for it

by Anonymousreply 395February 6, 2023 11:24 PM

R395 if you’re staying in nicer places, which he can afford, and you’re with someone over 21 (Bash) Vegas at 19 isn’t too bad. So long as the person ordering can show proper ID and the other person isn’t blatantly a child most bartenders will let it slide

by Anonymousreply 396February 6, 2023 11:27 PM

So I’m a bit bored and started reading into the actor that plays Nick’s dad, and he let slip in an interview that he worked with Olivia. I’m thinking that the dinner where Nick comes out was shot for season 2.

[quote][bold]You will also be in season 2 of "Heartstopper", on Netflix![/bold] When I knew that one of the scenes I was going to shoot would be with Olivia Colman, I did not hesitate for a second to say yes to this project. She is an actress for whom I have deep admiration. I didn't know the series, which I still watched before accepting the role of Nick's father (Kit Connor), and which I found great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397February 7, 2023 12:13 AM

R397 good catch. Kind of furthers the theory that there’ll only be 3 seasons - I still think they’ll end it on Charlie going to inpatient care, but they’ll likely shuffle up David and Stephane to S2 and have S3 be them moving towards havinf sex and maybe part of the “Nick and Charlie” fight. Kind of wish Joe got this to be “his” dramatic season where the storyline was him centric as S1 was very centered around Nick’s storyline which Kit did excellently, but I’m sure they’ll both be great

by Anonymousreply 398February 7, 2023 12:27 AM

R397 That's a really good find. Let's see how long it takes to filter out from here. With Nick's storyline being beefed up like this plus all of Charlie's storyline coming up, Isaac is going to have about 2 minutes to realize he's aroace.

by Anonymousreply 399February 7, 2023 12:35 AM

R399 I really hope Charlie doesn’t end up the villain because he puts Nick through it. His story line is he only one in the comic that really stands out to me (Nick’s coming out is much more quickly resolved) and Joe would be great in those emotional scenes (particularly as a lot of it has become pretty real to his life in terms of bullying and no doubt the consequences of that). Charlie is unintentionally cruel a few times because he’s sick and damaged. I hope the teens can understand the importance of his story and not just view him as a roadblock to Nick’s happiness.

by Anonymousreply 400February 7, 2023 12:56 AM

R400

I really wish that this is the case too, but I already know that some people are going to make it about Nick regardless of how well Alice writes and develops Charlies storyline further. Especially with the scene where Nick and his mom talk about Charlie at the beach

by Anonymousreply 401February 7, 2023 1:30 AM

I think the fanbase will likely make it about Nick because he and Kit are their favourite but the press and award shows will be much fairer. That was the way even in S1, that based on Twitter you’d think Kit was the solo star but then publications and awards shows always nominated both

by Anonymousreply 402February 7, 2023 1:33 AM

It's just how the fanbase it. They are gonna make everything about Nick. Every thing Charlie goes through they only see it through the lens of how does it make Nick feel. Even Charlie getting SA was about being made about Nick's feelings and not Charlie's

by Anonymousreply 403February 7, 2023 1:37 AM

If they do the beach scene, either that or the coming out to his dad scene will be Kit’s Emmy scene. I wish we knew a little bit about if and how Charlie’s storyline is being shuffled. With no information, right now I would wager that Charlie reading the letter to his parents might be Joe’s Emmy scene.

by Anonymousreply 404February 7, 2023 1:40 AM

I wonder if Netflix pushed for a more Nick centric storyline. They seem to love Joe but Kit is the golden goose. Though I don’t know about out in the real world. DL loves both, Twitter has the tingles for Kit only, but it seems like lots of people just liked the show and probably wouldn’t know either of their names if Kit hadn’t be forced to out himself (and even then he might just be the ginger kid from that show)

by Anonymousreply 405February 7, 2023 1:50 AM

R404 my guess is Joe will have a scene or two of just him struggling with depression. I get they’ll keep the show pretty PG and aren’t going to show self harm but Joe was really good at and got a lot of praise for his crying and hurt scenes last season, and a scene of him dealing with depression or struggling is good Emmy material. My guess is it’s a combo of Netflix wanting more Nick/Kit and Alice genuinely needing to move up the storyline to make 3 seasons work. Again, think Kit is great and don’t have the same complex some Joe fans do that charlie is the “only main character” but think Kit got the stronger scenes last season teeing him up for the Emmy, and wish Joe got that chance this season with an equally strong S3 to finish them out

by Anonymousreply 406February 7, 2023 1:58 AM

R405 I mean, Kit is the most popular in the cast by pretty much every measurable metric but I think it’s not so much Netflix demanding more of Kit as it is Alice needing to speed run through the stories if she has one less season to work with than she was expecting.

by Anonymousreply 407February 7, 2023 2:15 AM

I actually just remembered, when the actor playing Nick's brother was announced and Jenny commented on his Instagram, I had suspected at the time that the big Nelson/Spring dinner was happening this season. She left a comment referencing the bit in the comic where Tori kicks and breaks Nick's brother's phone. I figured that if they both understand that reference there was a good chance it was less because they read the comic and more because it was in their scripts.

by Anonymousreply 408February 7, 2023 2:24 AM

R407 no shade at all. Kit was great in the show and has incredible reach across most platforms, and the media (obviously his image is often used rather than both them, for awards and articles - and honestly I don’t think there is a problem with that, he just is more recognisable). Observation only that Netflix might think more nick equals more hours rewatched. That might mean some of Joe’s more meaningful possible scenes don’t make it or involve more kit. All of this is absolutely speculation and for all I know kit and joe will get half the airtime and we will have to watch four hours of Isacc coming to terms with the fact he doesn’t want to fuck

by Anonymousreply 409February 7, 2023 2:31 AM

R409 the major issue I have with just Kit’s image being used is they use that truly bizarre screenshot of him with a pink tint from Charlie’s daydream. Weird ass choice. I think the promo pic or the two of them at the desk or the drums makes the most sense for the show, but a pic of Nick looking at Charlie during the running scene in episode 1 or something would be better than that

by Anonymousreply 410February 7, 2023 2:39 AM

R410 hate that pink image and hate that scene. It also sells the show as something as far more juvenile than it is. Kit is barely 17 there and it absolutely shows in his face.

by Anonymousreply 411February 7, 2023 2:43 AM

I’m like, 98% sure that’s the first two stills available on the Netflix press site are Nick with the pink background and Nick and Charlie in the infirmary because it’s always those two pictures for every article.

by Anonymousreply 412February 7, 2023 2:45 AM

There’s also the one of them at the table looking at Nick’s phone (presumably the Nellie scene), and Joe is there but he’s angled almost completely towards Kit. That gets used a lot and it always makes me laugh. Honestly, a lot of the two of them together are kind of shit of Joe and he’s probably better off without them being used. That drum image is really the best of both of them

by Anonymousreply 413February 7, 2023 2:50 AM

If anyone wants to hear Bash in that HP game, pretty sure he's the student in this scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414February 7, 2023 4:52 AM

I saw pink news is already pushing a story on how little this means… they must have got a real bump from trashing Bash about this

by Anonymousreply 415February 7, 2023 5:03 AM

He has a good voice for voicework. Not surprised he’s done so much of it. I’m sure people are pissed that the trans woman’s name in the game starts with Sir (Sirona).

by Anonymousreply 416February 7, 2023 5:18 AM

Given the previous naming conventions used in the Harry Potter universe, can’t even blame them.

by Anonymousreply 417February 7, 2023 5:19 AM

BAFTA interview is quite cute. Seems that Kit’s eyebrows studied at the Emilia Clarke school of acting in his downtime.

by Anonymousreply 418February 7, 2023 7:09 AM

I think that’s just his face. (Thank you, Heartstopper fans, for making it easy to find inane shit like this about the cast.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 7, 2023 7:19 AM

I’ve got the same ring Joe is wearing in his stories, it’s a Cartier ring, the 3 bands are supposed to represent friendship fidelity and love, or at least that’s the spiel Cartier gives you when you buy it lol. Present from my ex, sadly for me.

by Anonymousreply 420February 7, 2023 7:55 AM

Presumably from Bash then. They are horribly cute.

by Anonymousreply 421February 7, 2023 11:23 AM

They’re fucking cute. Extremely devoted for their ages, it’s honestly impressive

by Anonymousreply 422February 7, 2023 1:18 PM

R420 Questionable fidelity, but at least your ex wasn't cheap. It's a nice ring

by Anonymousreply 423February 7, 2023 2:17 PM

Speaking of Cartier rings, noticed yesterday that the ring Kit wears on his pointer is one of the wedding bands from Cartier.

by Anonymousreply 424February 7, 2023 2:39 PM

Back with more random shit I found.

[quote]When it came to Heartstopper, “that was an insane – and then exhilarating – first season and it’s paying off enormously,” Edwards continues. Returning for S2, “you still have to deliver but it’s more exciting. The pressure is off and you’re able to just be a little bit more creative and bring in new, exciting people. We get emails every single day from around the world, from teenagers and young people and older people – and huge celebrities wanting to have cameos.”

Wonder who the celebs are?

[quote]The industry’s responsibility now, Edwards says, is to make stars of queer actors, disabled actors and those from poorer socioeconomic backgrounds so that, over the next decade, there will be actors from a range of different backgrounds who can sell shows around the world. “Joe Locke, Kit Connor and Yasmin Finney are becoming those people,” he says. “We have a responsibility for a little bit of positive discrimination to find those stars from those communities, get them in shows like Heartstopper and make that show successful. Then that will help change the narrative later on.”

Liked this bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425February 7, 2023 3:10 PM

R425 unusual to put Kit in the same sentence as Yaz or Joe - not because Kit isn’t amazing or a queer star but because I think finding Joe and Yaz is a way bigger feather in his cap given neither had ever acted professionally when he found them, and now both are blowing up. Still though, him landing Joe and Kit together is really where he struck gold

by Anonymousreply 426February 7, 2023 3:12 PM

[quote]who can sell shows around the world

I can't imagine Yaz carrying a show, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 427February 7, 2023 3:22 PM

R423, sadly correct, he didn’t follow the fidelity meaning, but, it’s a nice ring lol hopefully Bash/Joe follow that part at least

by Anonymousreply 428February 7, 2023 3:40 PM

Alice got named Attitude’s Person of the Year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429February 7, 2023 5:25 PM

The article is in the magazine but there’s a small part here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430February 7, 2023 5:26 PM

[quote] their desire to see more asexual and aromantic stories in mainstream media, and what comes next for the hit series.

The video also mentions how crazy fan are for Isaac (are they though?) and she said there will be a lot more of him

Asexual adventure time is a go

by Anonymousreply 431February 7, 2023 5:42 PM

It's very bitchy of me, but I'm not a big fan of her look in the video interview. It somehow makes her face look really round.

by Anonymousreply 432February 7, 2023 5:46 PM

Nice that the cast is all being sweet about it in the comments. Guessing Joe is working and Bash’s social media break continues (especially as the game came out today). This is going to sound more backhanded than it’s meant to but their interview really shows that Kit and Joe are quite charismatic. Her video is fairly dull and while to be fair the questions are hardly cutting edge, Joe and Kit pull off giving the same answer 100 times with more charisma.

by Anonymousreply 433February 7, 2023 5:50 PM

I like the show and the story is cute, though I'm not a big fan of Alice in general. Her annoying as shit behavior aside, she's gets way too much much credit when she just basically ripped off things Japanese BL artists have been doing for decades. Western media acting like their queer stories are somehow superior because they are more progressive is also annoying. And yes, she has zero charisma

by Anonymousreply 434February 7, 2023 6:01 PM

Shocking no one, Mason commented on it (“Amazing Alice!”) and Alice liked their comment. She REALLY doesn’t give a shit about her young cast

by Anonymousreply 435February 7, 2023 6:16 PM

R435 Oh dear. What was the worst of what Mason said? I was avoiding Twitter at the time.

by Anonymousreply 436February 7, 2023 6:23 PM

R436 shitting on Bash nonstop for days, saying he clearly wasn’t a true ally to trans people, calling him a twink, being combative with a 16 year old fan who told him to give it a rest, replying self importantly to deranged fans who openly hate bash by saying they “wanted to stand up for the community.” Really hateful over the HP game, quote RT his apology to call it not good enough

by Anonymousreply 437February 7, 2023 6:25 PM

R426 I’ve alway wondered what that online chemistry read was like. I’ve seen them be both jokey and serious about it. There certainly must of been something for them to put Joe through all the quarantine etc to be face to face with Kit

by Anonymousreply 438February 7, 2023 6:26 PM

That's really gross of her

R436 Mason completely shit on Bash for days and then randomly seemed to blame the whole HS cast minus Yaz and unfollowed them all. He also randomly got into a fight with fans, one was a JoeBash shipper and random children. Stupidest shit he said was calling Bash a white guy as if he weren't pasty a fuck himself. literally he sounded lke those Bash antis on twitter who like to say everyone is dickriding the white man

He's the type who makes cis a slur

by Anonymousreply 439February 7, 2023 6:26 PM

R4365 maybe absence of Joe comment is intentional…

by Anonymousreply 440February 7, 2023 6:30 PM

Right, I see he shared it. Classic Joe

by Anonymousreply 441February 7, 2023 6:32 PM

I doubt any of the cast is even aware of anything he said. Mason is such a non factor with his 20k followers. They never followed him either and they weren't on twitter either

They all seem to love Alice anyway even if she gives no shits about them.

by Anonymousreply 442February 7, 2023 6:34 PM

R441 Not sure why he shares things but doesn't like it. He seems to do that quite a bit randomly.

by Anonymousreply 443February 7, 2023 6:41 PM

You care so deeply for them “like a parent figure” but never speak out and support them when they’re being eaten alive online?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444February 7, 2023 6:57 PM

She spoke out about Kit because it gave her attention. And being asexual seems to be her personality

by Anonymousreply 445February 7, 2023 6:59 PM

R444 both ironic given nothing she ever says or does speaks to that (she’s only ever spoken up AFTER kit came out, never before for him or at all for Joe, Bash, etc.) but her follow up statement is also stupid as fuck. “Why should an 18 year old know exactly who he is?”… Kit’s issue wasn’t he didn’t know his sexuality. From day 1 he said he knew and was comfortable, just didn’t think he owed it to anyone to be public about it. She’s as always a moron. also funny she does the whole “writers write!” About her being asexual and writing romance but would throw a hissy fit about a non asexual person writing ace characters I’m sure

by Anonymousreply 446February 7, 2023 7:00 PM

R438 they said it was the first kiss scene which on face is truly bizarre for a remote chemistry read, but is actually maybe smart in that the majority of the weight of it is based on nonverbal acting and timing. I think it’s actually their best shared scene in the show and Joe especially nails it, so it makes some sense that it came off well for the chemistry read too

by Anonymousreply 447February 7, 2023 7:48 PM

I haven’t clicked and read any of this yet, just wanted to say that Alice looks extremely weird with that much makeup.

by Anonymousreply 448February 7, 2023 7:48 PM

This made me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449February 7, 2023 7:52 PM

R444 To be fair, she never said what kind of parental figure. A neglectful mother still counts.

by Anonymousreply 450February 7, 2023 8:07 PM

R447 it’s a great scene and agree, I think Joe is wonderful in it. So vulnerable. That must have been really clear online. The casting must have been thrilled it translated to face to face

by Anonymousreply 451February 7, 2023 8:14 PM

R451 So excited for their (I'm assuming) even better chemistry in season 2. Some people are speculating that there'll be some news released soon, because of the amount of content they're putting out on Instagram. But who knows.

by Anonymousreply 452February 7, 2023 8:16 PM

Hmmm maybe. I wouldn’t hold your breath though, I don’t think it’s coming out until summer.

by Anonymousreply 453February 7, 2023 8:21 PM

R452 there were only a few moments of confident flirty chat between them and it was great. When they’re hugging in the corridor and Nick asks to go on the date is a great flirty from both of them. Hopefully more of that version of the characters. Netflix Uk and Netflix most accounts have been pushing a fair bit of content but it might just be for engagement because those posts always get a lot of likes

by Anonymousreply 454February 7, 2023 8:28 PM

Slightly off topic but I’m getting a lot of young royals content because of some awards they dominated last night. Just observing that if Kit and Joe interacted they way those boys do the fans would lose their minds. It is intense

by Anonymousreply 455February 7, 2023 8:33 PM

R431 People who think anyone cares passionately about anything other than Nick and Charlie are delusional. There is some interest in Tao/Elle/Darcy/Tara, but no one ever discusses Isaac's storyline. Ever.

R444 She would have been better off not saying anything. Full-body cringed at her going on about it being "anti-Heartstopper," a kid outing himself because of external pressure and having his coming out be so widespread that the tweet hits a million likes and is part of the discourse to this day (was mentioned in The New York Times not even 2 days ago) shouldn't be reduced to a contrast against your little graphic novels.

R452 I haven't been reading too much into the uptick of posts just because it's February and the reason could be something as simple as Valentine's Day.

Anyway, for the "Kit in glasses" fans, another picture from the BAFTA campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456February 7, 2023 8:36 PM

My guess is a release “update” is coming soon. I checked and they announced HS would be out in spring 2022 on January 21 2022, and announced the actual release date in March. Bit too soon for an exact release date most likely but could see something timed for valentines announcing it’ll be back in summer.

by Anonymousreply 457February 7, 2023 8:45 PM

R455 - they would melt to the ground 😂

by Anonymousreply 458February 7, 2023 9:14 PM

R431 I have spent more time than I care to admit observing the freak show that is the Heartstopper online fandom and I can promise you absolutely that no one but a tiny core of the most uptight fangirls gives a fuck about Isaac and his asexual storyline and even they are clearly only paying occasional virtuous lip service to it to earn morality kudos with their equally uptight peers. I would say 95% of the interest is Nick and Charlie the other 5% shared between Tara, Darcy, Tao and Elle.

It seems likely Alice has invested way too much focus on her sycophantic online feedback loop and I only hope that Netflix, Euros and Patrick have reigned her in a bit or this could go south quite badly.

R435 This is actually inexcusable I witnessed what Mason did to Bash for days and how they invited the most hateful elements of twitter to keep attacking him as well as attacking and inviting pile ins to young fans who challenged it. And then unfollowed the whole cast except Yaz (or maybe they all blocked them?) I did not think much of Alice before but she has a nerve bemoaning what happened to Kit and at the same time encouraging a nasty piece of work like that who behaved in such an irrationally hateful way to other young cast members.

I will be interested to see if she remains as close to Joe and Bash as before because Joe especially does not seem to forgive these things easily

by Anonymousreply 459February 7, 2023 9:18 PM

R459 I’ll be honest, while I mentioned the Mason thing as I’m certain Alice saw it and is a piece of shit for liking their comment after that, I doubt Joe or bash even knows who that man is

by Anonymousreply 460February 7, 2023 9:21 PM

R458 I thought they had calmed down for awhile but yesterdays content was crazy… I’ve seen a photo that I’m pretty sure is Omar sitting on Edvin’s lap. HS fans would actually implode

R459 I still wonder if it’s just because Joe and Bash don’t want anything said. I have no time for them at all and liking Mason’s comment is a slap in the face to Bash but I can’t help think it’s just because they’re clueless or even has a misguided notion that if they’re nice to Mason he will leave Bash alone. I don’t think that’s the right move at all, but they’re a weird person and very immature.

by Anonymousreply 461February 7, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote]“Netflix will hate me for spilling, but yes, asexuality will be discussed on TV in a big way. I’m excited. I hope it’ll change the world.” They continued: “I hope when it happens in Heartstopper it doesn’t feel like a lesson. You know Isaac, you care about him, and now you’re going to learn something new about him.”

People care so much about Isaac that the title of the article doesn’t even spell his name right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462February 7, 2023 9:47 PM

R426 How boring. Seems fairly likely S2 is going to be a bit shit

by Anonymousreply 463February 7, 2023 9:50 PM

R462 I say this as nicely as possible because I don’t want to put Yaz on Alice’s level of annoying, but Yaz also said her Doctor Who character would change the world and I’ve seen no signs of that. Just making an assertion that it’s in a big way or will change the world means nothing. It’ll likely be the storyline of an episode with Isaac explaining what it is in an after school special way. I would say close to 0 percent chance netflix allowed it to have more attention than that.

R461 don’t think her reasoning is as nice as all that, more likely just a “well not all my friends have to like one another!” Which is technically true, but Mason was extremely nasty and if Bash had a mate who said something even as mild as “Heartstopper isn’t my cup of tea”, Alice would probably expect Bash to block him on every platform.

by Anonymousreply 464February 7, 2023 10:03 PM

R464 here’s hoping. You never know what happens in post production too. Not sure how much power Alice would have on the edit… they may be talking too soon about what will be in the show. They would have had to renegotiate for S2 and 3 - I wonder if they got more or less power over the story.

You’re totally right about Alice’s reasoning for liking Mason’s comment. Not malicious but unforgivably self involved

by Anonymousreply 465February 7, 2023 10:10 PM

Is there a YSL even somewhere or is this old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466February 7, 2023 10:24 PM

Yeah, there was an event tonight in London. She’s the only Heartstopper cast member there. She doesn’t really look like herself?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 7, 2023 10:27 PM

I still think Alice should've done the ace storyline with Tori. Tobie seems nice, but I don't know about his acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 7, 2023 10:32 PM

R468 I haven’t seen enough of Tobie to know fully but agree Jenny is one of the stronger young actors. Also, I get Alice is aroace and wants to tell their story and I’m not shitting on that orientation, but I do think the romantic ace storyline is probably more “challenging” and realistic? Not saying aroace people wouldn’t have people being dicks to them, but I think the difficulties of Tori realising she’s into Michael romantically but not sexually would be more interesting and probably more relatable. Even people who aren’t asexual sometimes have issues of navigating very sex drives and so on with their partners

by Anonymousreply 469February 7, 2023 10:42 PM

Not that this is necessarily authoritative but this article says A Cuban Girl’s Guide (I guess Argentinian Girl’s now?) will be released on Netflix after the summer.

by Anonymousreply 470February 7, 2023 11:31 PM

R470 this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471February 7, 2023 11:31 PM

I still think it’s inevitably going to come out on Netflix, but the author denied the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472February 7, 2023 11:47 PM

R470 The author has already posted saying to ignore this and anything that doesn’t come directly through her or the production team so it seems to be a non starter

by Anonymousreply 473February 7, 2023 11:47 PM

R472 r473 thanks, hadn’t seen that. Figured Vogue ES might be more reputable than a random website but guess not! Wonder if that means the film hasn’t yet been acquired? Feel like if it was Netflix and just hasn’t been announced, she’d just ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 474February 7, 2023 11:54 PM

Agree it’s almost sure to come out on Netflix but it seems really unlikely Vogue would have that information. Netflix clearly have a hard on for HS right now so it seems unlikely they’d want to dilute that with other Kit content. Or maybe it would be smart to use that goodwill for another one of his projects… I have no idea how this pr stuff works

by Anonymousreply 475February 7, 2023 11:54 PM

R462 Half joking, but a fat guy not be interesting in romance isn't going to change shit. There are plenty of those around already. Tori is supposedly ace, so she'd be the better choice and how she can navigate liking what's his name. She's also the far better actor

by Anonymousreply 476February 7, 2023 11:58 PM

R476 I am guessing her thinking is similar to keeping Aled out of Heartstopper so she can adapt his story separately. Tori was her original autobiographical character I can see her wanting to adapt her full story in another project as well and has therefore used Isaac’s character to shoehorn asexuality into Heartstopper instead.

The biggest risk is making it a poorly acted add on to the already crowded side arcs and it being badly received by critics or audience which could actually knock the possibility of proper asexual representation back. With her current success picking up other adaptions would be pretty certain a misstep here in her haste to make asexuality the big deal when realistically the majority of the audience are only interested in Nick and Charlie could lead to the assumption asexuality won’t hold an audience in any circumstance and networks backing off.

On every level I really hope she is just talking up it’s importance and in reality it is no more than a ten minute side step

by Anonymousreply 477February 8, 2023 12:43 AM

Right now, I'm kind of assuming that it'll be like the Tara/Darcy stuff at most, meaning that there's a little bit here and there but only one episode deals with it substantially.

Things that are (presumably) being covered this season, off the top of my head:

Charlie's deteriorating mental health

Nick's relationship with his father, coming out to him

Nick and Charlie coming out to the school?

Their relationship, generally (including stuff like Nick being jealous of James)

Their families mingling together

Tao and Elle getting together

Whatever Elle's stuff is with her friends

Something with a Tao flashback, could be Tao-centric or we may be seeing little Charlie along with him?

Isaac's aroace stuff, maybe involving James?

Does James have his own shit? Probably not?

Imogen? Ben? Did they work on the show long enough for this to be substantial, especially if Rhea was (I think) still in school and maybe working on that other show as well? And Bash wasn't seen on location as often as the rest when they were in Paris?

Sahar joining the group, though I don't think that'll require anymore more than Tara/Darcy/Elle saying that she's a friend from Higgs or whatever

by Anonymousreply 478February 8, 2023 12:58 AM

Not sure if she’s ever said that she plans on covering it on the show, but Darcy has a shitty home life that’s mostly alluded to in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 479February 8, 2023 1:05 AM

R478 Agree - and that honestly sounds like a lot less Nick Charlie content even if those arcs are short. I mean, I’ll watch it regardless (4 hours isn’t a huge burden) but I’m only there for Kit and Joe. If it was longer I wouldn’t bother sitting through a bunch of side stories with some pretty average acting

by Anonymousreply 480February 8, 2023 1:06 AM

R478 I’m guessing the Tao flashback is him and/or Charlie realizing or finding out that he outed Charlie accidentally by talking too loudly about it in school. In the comics tao still doesn’t know Nick and Charlie are together which obviously isn’t the case in the show, but it’s a source of minor conflict and guilt between them. Then Charlie passes out and Tao comes to see how he is, apologize, and tell Charlie he kissed Elle and they make up. There’s a set pic from Paris of Joe and Will hugging on the bridge so I’m guessing they’ve adapted that plotline a bit for the show and that’s the point of the flashback.

Imogen and Ben being together seems like a given but random thought; might be something they tee up at the end of the season as a plotline that will unfold in S3. So basically an adaptation of the Solitaire storyline where Ben dates Tori’s mate (here Imogen instead), Charlie and Nick feel uneasy about it but don’t want to out him, Ben is paranoid anyway and attacks Charlie because he’s sure he outed him and Nick and Tori have to pull him off. Solitaire takes place after HS chronologically so they might just save that part of the storyline for S3 and have Ben and Imogen get together at the end of S2 to set that up

by Anonymousreply 481February 8, 2023 1:07 AM

Joe is clearly bored without Bash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 8, 2023 1:08 AM

R478 Nick's shitty brother too

R482 Joe struggling rn

by Anonymousreply 483February 8, 2023 1:10 AM

R482 Joe's just like me fr, I always Insta Story the most unhinged sign I see whenever I have to drive through Florida.

by Anonymousreply 484February 8, 2023 1:11 AM

R482 not Joe posting something with a bit of personality rather than just a repost or some photos with little comment. But yeah, that’s a man in need of his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 485February 8, 2023 1:13 AM

R483 I'm hoping that Nick's brother and dad being around (the dad more than I was expecting) means we also get more Olivia this season. At least Kit and Joe will get to work with the adult actors more this season versus the weaker kid actors. I don't think I've seen the actor playing Nick's brother in anything, but fingers crossed that he's at least on par with Jenny.

by Anonymousreply 486February 8, 2023 1:17 AM

Love that Joe’s personality is coming back on Instagram between his comments and stories.

by Anonymousreply 487February 8, 2023 1:18 AM

R486 also hope we get some Charlie and his parents conflict. I really want to see him snapping at Jane.

by Anonymousreply 488February 8, 2023 1:19 AM

R481 The only reason I'm not fully convinced that it's related to Tao inadvertently outing Charlie is that the actor playing little Tao is apparently 10? He might be too little for that flashback.

by Anonymousreply 489February 8, 2023 1:22 AM

R482 Title: lonely and horny in Atlanta

I really hope they’ve got something good planned for Valentine’s Joe is clearly feeling the separation

by Anonymousreply 490February 8, 2023 1:24 AM

R489 oh, I thought that might just be an old headshot. Good lord, these storylines all better be short as shit. I’d still be shocked if the storyline wasn’t at least 2/3 Nick and Charlie and 1/3 at most everyone else, with a focus on Tao and Elle. They’re the best and most awarded actors with Yaz and the trans rep the next most praised. They landed Netflix attention for MOTY, Kit’s coming out, Joe getting Marvel, and Yaz on the cover of British Vogue. They’ll let Alice include other small storylines but the amount of whining she has done about how hard S2 was for her makes me think she didn’t get full control to do every side character story arc she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 491February 8, 2023 1:27 AM

R491 the Tao Elle stuff will be awful. Not because it isn’t interesting. Navigating sex v gender in a hetero relationship is a hell of a plot. But Yaz and Will are not great screen actors and have fuck all chemistry. They do look great together but otherwise they seemed totally unbelievable

by Anonymousreply 492February 8, 2023 1:36 AM

R492 I don't know, I kind of saw it for them in that deleted scene and their stuff at the very end of the show wasn't that terrible. It's obviously not going to be anywhere as good as the chemistry Joe and Kit had, but they're not totally unbelievable. Not sure how popular or unpopular an opinion this is, but to me the two that didn't really work chemistry-wise were Cori and Kizzy.

by Anonymousreply 493February 8, 2023 1:39 AM

R491 This is him in November.

Honestly, I agree with you in that I don't see the show being considerably less Nick and Charlie-centric, especially with what we know and have seen right now. Plus, Kit and Joe both seemed to have worked the longest by a considerable margin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494February 8, 2023 1:42 AM

R493 I agree Tara and Darcy don’t have much chemistry, though the party kiss scene was decent, but I think Will and Yaz have very little chemistry due in large part to Yaz. She is as wooden as they come. She’s decent at giving Will interested looks so maybe if they keep the Louvre scene nonverbal, as it is in the comics. While I thought they were both two of the weakest actors in S1, i at least believed Will’s friendship chemistry with Joe and Tobie. I didn’t buy Yaz’s chemistry with anyone, and Dr. Who and Mars didn’t do much to change that

by Anonymousreply 495February 8, 2023 1:52 AM

Unpopular opinion - the deleted scene was just okay and is really overpraised by the Twitter teens. Will proved himself a bit more in it but I thought if they weren’t totally cuddled up the chemistry was still pretty ordinary. Yaz gives nothing as soon as she opens her mouth. Non verbal she’s okay

by Anonymousreply 496February 8, 2023 2:33 AM

Update on Joe and Kit’s Instagram numbers. Joe is 11,943 followers away from 3.6 million, Kit is 14,813 away from 4.9 million. They’re both still steadily gaining followers daily.

I remember that last time I crunched the numbers someone asked me about Bash, so here are his recent numbers. Lost a chunk of followers yesterday, presumably because of the HP game’s release.

If you guys want anyone else’s #s, let me know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497February 8, 2023 2:46 AM

Poor Bash. Every time he gets close to 2 million he loses followers. Though in general it's got nothing to do with the game since every other HS actor who isn't Joe and Kit are losing followers daily. Joe and Kit lose followers sometimes the time but both have a net positive. Yaz and Will both lost tons of followers this month, way more than Bash

And Kit unfollowed two people. Figure out who

by Anonymousreply 498February 8, 2023 2:56 AM

R497 correct me if I’m wrong but Joe was moving more quickly than that last time you updated? if so, I wonder if it was because of the set photos

by Anonymousreply 499February 8, 2023 2:56 AM

R497 I know IG followers aren’t everything but I find this stuff interesting, so thanks. My guess is Joe will continue to lag behind Kit but then after agatha premieres have a smaller scale version of the Jenna Ortega Wednesday boom; shoot up a few million in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 500February 8, 2023 2:57 AM

Joe is gaining more than Kit on average

And Bash followed someone on Saturday?

by Anonymousreply 501February 8, 2023 2:57 AM

The last person Bash followed was right before nell posted the story of him - I remember because I saw it was a small scale songwriter who wrote for Maisie Peters and I wondered if he was back in England and met her right before Nell posted him.

by Anonymousreply 502February 8, 2023 3:00 AM

One of the people that Kit “unfollowed” is someone who keeps activating and reactivating I’m pretty sure, he fluctuates up and down by one weekly.

by Anonymousreply 503February 8, 2023 3:02 AM

R502 oh social blade is wrong them since it says he followed someone on Feb 4th

by Anonymousreply 504February 8, 2023 3:03 AM

Okay so in trying to figure out who he unfollowed I see Kit is out there liking Asha Banks posts from a few days ago. The friend of Bash’s he followed on Insta after Bash’s party. The friend of Bash’s that looks like she stepped straight out of the Kit Connor’s Type book… just mentioning for fun

by Anonymousreply 505February 8, 2023 3:04 AM

R499 Yeah, he’s gaining larger chunks now because he’s on set and people want news. Posting the chair was a great call even if he got reprimanded by Feige.

R505 If it was the BAFTA post, he went around liking posts from multiple people who went to that event. Surprised that he didn’t go, actually.

by Anonymousreply 506February 8, 2023 3:05 AM

R506 let me have my fun

by Anonymousreply 507February 8, 2023 3:06 AM

R505 Kit don't do it. I want you to hook up with hot Loewe guy

by Anonymousreply 508February 8, 2023 3:06 AM

Asha is nice to follow Bradley. Maia would never

by Anonymousreply 509February 8, 2023 3:11 AM

R505 Asha's white, so I'm not sure she's really his type.

R500 Agatha is actually pretty unlikely to lead to that kind of boom in followers. Xochitl Gomez is only at 2.2 million after the Dr. Strange movie, May Calamawy is at less than half a million and Ethan Hawke is at 1.1 million after Moon Knight (the Marvel show with the highest viewership in the last year). He will for sure gain followers rapidly, but it won't be millions in one go.

by Anonymousreply 510February 8, 2023 3:12 AM

I think Agatha will skew pretty young with Wiccan's introduction though, but it might take time until the husband is introduced for him to really take off

by Anonymousreply 511February 8, 2023 3:17 AM

R510 fair point. I’m not attracted to women so this could just be because of that. I see brown hair, brown eyes and pretty and it seemed about right to me

by Anonymousreply 512February 8, 2023 3:24 AM

R506 I doubt he got actually reprimanded - my guess is he’s being set up as the next Tom Holland. Tom got extremely popular off the back of accidental minor spoilers which were exciting for fans and endearing but after a while it was pretty clear that there was probably some PR involvement there (for instance he “accidentally” revealed things like the movie poster). Basically revealing minor things that are no big deal to marvel and spoil none of the plot but drum up fan excitement and love for the spoiling actor.

Given wiccan is extremely powerful and very likely a major player in the next 7-10 years of Marvel, but is also young skinny and gay which isn’t exactly the typical hero type, making him a new “oops minor spoiler” conduit would be smart.

by Anonymousreply 513February 8, 2023 3:25 AM

Not to derail the conversation, but in looking at all of the Instagram profiles it cracks me up how (rightfully) defensive we all are about Joe/Kit/Bash when it comes to Alice having left them to the wolves...meanwhile Connor Jessup is being so effusive about her. A comment AND a story repost when he's the one who is friends with all 3 of them. I'm guessing he doesn't know about any of this.

by Anonymousreply 514February 8, 2023 3:28 AM

R514 I'm 100% sure we are more chronically online than they are

Though Joe still didn't like it and didn't comment on it either. I take that as petty win even if he reposted with no comment

by Anonymousreply 515February 8, 2023 3:31 AM

R510 with zero desire to attack kit for this or thinking there’s anything wrong with it, it’s a truly excellent example of how things in the fandom are only “problematic” if the teenage fans aren’t horny for the (gay) actors, aka Joe and bash. A Cuban Girl’s Guide is getting turned into an Argentinian Girl’s Guide. No issue with it personally but not any different from Joe playing jewish (ethnicity swapping) and yet kit and Maia are fine. The His Dark Materials author is Islamaphobic - Kit signed on underage and can’t just get out of the contract. Again I agree but no such analysis for Bash and JKR. Then kit clearly having a non-white type from the people he’s dated and been openly horny for. If it was Bash or Joe they’d be called racist creeps. Obviously I think it’s fine. I like Kit a lot to be clear and think all the above would be comical to be cancelled over but it hasn’t escaped me that he’s gotten zero flack for it while Joe and Bash are functionally called nazis.

by Anonymousreply 516February 8, 2023 3:33 AM

R516 As a Latino, fandom bullshit aside, I gotta tell you that nationality swaps aren’t really comparable to ethnicity swaps. Our histories are wildly different to the history of Jewish people, and that informs why we don’t really care about that kind of thing in the same way as Jewish people do and why the Cuban author of the book was fine with that change.

by Anonymousreply 517February 8, 2023 3:58 AM

Do you, by any chance, think reverse racism is a thing R516? Because there absolutely is a double standard when it comes to Kit but uh, Kit being called a racist because his taste is diverse, which is the opposite of racist, would be extremely weird?

by Anonymousreply 518February 8, 2023 4:04 AM

R517 Tbh a lot of Jewish people don't give a single shit about Wiccan being played by a non-Jewish guy either

by Anonymousreply 519February 8, 2023 4:09 AM

R517 i mean I have seen a few Cuban people upset about it but I agree it is distinct. However my point was made in a broader context if you actually read the entire comment. I promise you if kit was wiccan and Bash was the love interest in Cuban Girls Guide the HS fan outrage would be directed very differently. Again, not Kit’s fault and I think “outrage” directed at him or Maia OR Joe over these decisions is absurd. Get mad at the producers or Marvel, not the teen actors. Making this a 1 for 1 ignores the point.

R518 nah, I think kit is fine for his type and don’t know what you think you’re catching me out on. There’s a social media trend to call people they don’t like who are not into white people fetishizers. Look up diplo fetishizer and you’ll see what I mean. If your type is “not white” and they don’t like you, they’ll decide you’re a racist who is projecting onto nonwhite people some stereotype. Again, I don’t think I could’ve been much clearer that I think calling kit out for any of the above would be absurd. Just that if it was Joe or bash, the hypersensitive, insane HS Twitter fans would find s way being into nonwhite people or being in a film swapping Latino ethnicities shows they’re racist and evil

by Anonymousreply 520February 8, 2023 4:09 AM

It's not his fault, but Kit gets praised for taking pictures with black people, including his costars, the standards are just are different for him. I never thought I'd see the day someone used "he has black friends!" as a positive, but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 521February 8, 2023 4:12 AM

R519 I get that, my main point there isn’t that every Jewish person cares as much as it is that the reason WHY the Jewish people that care do care is distinct. It’s an apples-to-oranges thing, and that’s without getting into the specific history of comics and Jewish people in the United States.

But that’s not something a Manx teenager of all people is responsible or accountable for, that falls on Disney and Marvel. Joe’s an actor doing a job and, in my opinion, expecting actors to have analogous life experiences in regard to the roles they’re playing would defeat the purpose of acting.

by Anonymousreply 522February 8, 2023 4:17 AM

R521 yeah, that’s pretty much what I meant. Tweet linked below as an example. It’s cool with me kit doesn’t seem into white people. I have a type as well and don’t tend to be into super pale white peoples, most of my boyfriends have been Mediterranean or POC, I’m mixed Korean and Italian, and Joe and Kit are two of the only “white boys” beside that I find attractive. No issue with Kit being into POC, it’s all good and same here. Just saying if that was clearly bash’s type these psychos would probably say he’s projecting femininity and subservience onto them or something insane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523February 8, 2023 4:19 AM

How did me making a joke about Kit's type being non-white lead to this again? Christ. We are not responsible for what teenagers on Twitter say and I don't know what you expect us to do about it. Do you want us to hate on Kit to even out the score? Do we have to have this discussion every other week?

by Anonymousreply 524February 8, 2023 4:22 AM

[quote]It’s cool with me kit doesn’t seem into white people

We don’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 525February 8, 2023 4:23 AM

R524 no one is asking to hate on kit Jesus Christ. How many disclaimers do I have to give about not having an issue or even being exactly the same as Kit on these points for it to be ok to discuss? When the cast shows more content there will be more to discuss. Until then I don’t think discussions with literally multiple mentions that none of the cast are wrong or “problematic” for this shit are bad.

by Anonymousreply 526February 8, 2023 4:24 AM

Tempted to find and leak the Patreon pages both to fuck over Alice and to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 527February 8, 2023 4:28 AM

DO IT

by Anonymousreply 528February 8, 2023 4:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529February 8, 2023 4:39 AM

i dont care about any of this so given the fine tradition of HS threads becoming thirst threads i'm changing the subject. Joe Kit Bash and Will are all extremely hot but I would personally rank them Joe Bash Will Kit, and linked are four of the in my opinion sexiest photos of them. Joe's attitude outfit was so hot i need to see his nipples out at every event, and bash and kit's photos are improved by them clearly eyefucking the people taking the pic (joe and maia respectively). feel free to share your own either to promote horniness as the most appropriate thread topic or a subject changer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530February 8, 2023 4:44 AM

R529 Something funny about Nick asking all these random people

by Anonymousreply 531February 8, 2023 4:50 AM

R530 I'll be wholesome in honor of Alice. This is the cutest Joe pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532February 8, 2023 4:53 AM

Nipple Joe will always be my favourite Joe

by Anonymousreply 533February 8, 2023 4:56 AM

R524 imagine being the person who mentioned the white girl in the first place. I was looking for bitchy speculation - This was not where I expected this to go at all

by Anonymousreply 534February 8, 2023 4:58 AM

I cheated and limited myself to Instagram posts. Kit, Joe, Will, Bash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 8, 2023 5:00 AM

R534 This is your karma for not being #TeamLoeweHugGuy.

by Anonymousreply 536February 8, 2023 5:02 AM

R535 those photos Maia took of Kit are something pretty special. Not my type but he’s beautiful in them

by Anonymousreply 537February 8, 2023 5:03 AM

R536 you’re absolutely right. Never mentioning Kit and a woman again #TeamLoeweHugGuy

by Anonymousreply 538February 8, 2023 5:04 AM

R537 maia is a good photographer. All love to Connor for historic Joe and bash content but he cannot take a flattering photo of Joe for the life of him. Maia is really good at making her subjects look good without over posing.

by Anonymousreply 539February 8, 2023 5:06 AM

R532 Changed my mind. This one is cute too but has the added bonus of Bash's huge hands

R538 I read #TeamLoeweHungGuy at first...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540February 8, 2023 5:08 AM

R539 When will Connor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541February 8, 2023 5:09 AM

R541 Joe's lips look nice there. Thanks Maia

by Anonymousreply 542February 8, 2023 5:16 AM

Joe was pretty adorable on Disney Day. Full Charlie cosplay

by Anonymousreply 543February 8, 2023 5:23 AM

R540 I’m still not over the size of Bash’s hands

by Anonymousreply 544February 8, 2023 7:04 AM

Joe actually has pretty big hands and feet himself - not on Bash’s scale but still pretty large. I always wondered how they make his hands look daintier than Kit’s. But there was a bit of smoke and mirrors with their heights in S1

by Anonymousreply 545February 8, 2023 7:10 AM

Considering Joe and Bash share shoes I’m guessing they have the same size feet, considering Joes small frame I’m surprised they don’t look more comically big

by Anonymousreply 546February 8, 2023 8:04 AM

R546 there is this trash photo from the GQ where they try to emphasis his stance and size of his feet for a sad clown effect. I love the GQ photos but someone on Joe’s team should get a kick for letting this photo get through

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547February 8, 2023 8:16 AM

And as an apology for that here is my favourite photo of Joe absolutely feeling himself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548February 8, 2023 8:21 AM

[quote]someone on Joe’s team should get a kick for letting this photo get through

Why? There is something wrong with big feet?

by Anonymousreply 549February 8, 2023 8:32 AM

R549 not at all just hate the sad clown composition of the photo I hate. The single balloon is the issue. Anyway just a gripe

by Anonymousreply 550February 8, 2023 8:37 AM

R548 attitude was a revelation. I hope Holly lets him be a slut on marvel red carpets.

by Anonymousreply 551February 8, 2023 11:34 AM

R551 what’s the point of being a super hero if you don’t show a little skin

by Anonymousreply 552February 8, 2023 12:04 PM

Is her thong showing in the first pic? The early 2000s low rise thing really is back if so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553February 8, 2023 12:15 PM

I hope not, that’s a trend that needs to be left in the 00’s

by Anonymousreply 554February 8, 2023 1:27 PM

Please ignore if this is an inappropriate question, but do we know if Yaz has physically transitioned, or plans to? She obviously hasn’t had some sort of breast surgery.

by Anonymousreply 555February 8, 2023 1:36 PM

The over the top makeup isn’t helping but Alice can’t model at all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556February 8, 2023 3:19 PM

R556 The makeup really isn’t good, but I’m wondering if Alice has also gained a fair bit of weight the last few months cos her face looks really round/swollen.

by Anonymousreply 557February 8, 2023 3:24 PM

R556 That’s actually slightly disturbing.

Looks like someone’s having a crisis of ego hardly a surprise for a mind as weak as hers and ironical when the kids around her who she thinks she’s parenting have kept their feet on the ground. It doesn’t bode well for the future of the project beyond a third series

by Anonymousreply 558February 8, 2023 4:04 PM

R555 She hadn't as of last summer.

R556 I can't get over how awful that eyeshadow is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559February 8, 2023 4:08 PM

R556

The make up is horrible, it doesn’t suit her and that with the outfit is giving me 80s and not in the good way.

R551

I hope holly keeps Joe going in this direction. The looks work for him and he can pull off designer looks well. Let his high fashion slut era commence

by Anonymousreply 560February 8, 2023 4:45 PM

Kit’s apparently popping up at an event today, opening night of The Lehman Trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 561February 8, 2023 5:10 PM

Boy knows how to network I’ll give him that (or at least his team does)

by Anonymousreply 562February 8, 2023 5:12 PM

R561 That makes sense, Sam Mendes is directing Lehman and he's already directed Kit in the Oliver Twist Audible series.

by Anonymousreply 563February 8, 2023 5:27 PM

These are as confusing to me as Funko Pops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564February 8, 2023 5:39 PM

R564 Lol half the comments are 'nooo I'm broke'... do they tend to be expensive?

by Anonymousreply 565February 8, 2023 5:43 PM

Seem too expensive for what they are. Over twice the price of funko pops. Nick and Charlie together is probably gonna cost at last 40 US dollars, might be more

by Anonymousreply 566February 8, 2023 5:50 PM

$35.99 so no, but then again I’m an adult with a disposable income, not a teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567February 8, 2023 5:52 PM

Out of interest would Kit and Joe get any sort of royalties from them? Or as they’re “in character” it all goes to Netflix/Alice?

by Anonymousreply 568February 8, 2023 5:55 PM

That's not terrible. Expected them to go for more. They sell a South park couple one with nothing added for the same price.

And yes as an adult with a job could buy it but am going to pass.

by Anonymousreply 569February 8, 2023 5:55 PM

R568 Seriously doubt they have merchandise rights simply because I doubt Kit and Joe had enough sway at 17 to get it included into their contracts for a show nobody expected to take off like it did

by Anonymousreply 570February 8, 2023 5:59 PM

R568 It’s honestly impossible to say without knowing what’s in their contracts.

by Anonymousreply 571February 8, 2023 5:59 PM

I wonder who will end up turning up to NY Fashion Week. Bash and Joe fairly likely. Yaz quite possible. Would love Kit to turn up too for a reunion but that's probably unlikely, with his BFI panel stuff.

by Anonymousreply 572February 8, 2023 6:09 PM

Kit at the event today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573February 8, 2023 6:20 PM

He looks really good, glad he stopped the middle part. Wish he shaved his neck more but overall he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 574February 8, 2023 6:21 PM

Kit seems pretty exclusive to JW Anderson/Loewe, don't really expect him

Honestly I barely know any of the designers at NY fashion week. Unsure which show Joe would go to

R573 His hair grows fast

by Anonymousreply 575February 8, 2023 6:21 PM

That jacket is becoming like that Wimbledon cap for Joe, wears it everywhere

by Anonymousreply 576February 8, 2023 6:21 PM

R575

Yeah in terms of NY fashion week, none of the designers showing seem like they would fit the casts aesthetics, with the exception of Yaz. If anything they are more likely to end up at London Fashion Week than anywhere else tbh.

by Anonymousreply 577February 8, 2023 6:57 PM

Personally I’m glad it’s retuned r576, I hated the navy one.

by Anonymousreply 578February 8, 2023 7:29 PM

I’m a big fan of this picture in particular. He’s wearing the jumper he wore to dinner in Brazil, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579February 8, 2023 7:39 PM

Also for anyone who forgot to look - no visible earring.

by Anonymousreply 580February 8, 2023 7:46 PM

R579 It is. I saved that pic since it made me laugh how Bash and Joe went completely silent for like 14 hours and liked his post within minutes of each other the next morning. A sad dinner for Kit.

by Anonymousreply 581February 8, 2023 7:52 PM

Half of the time I can't tell if y'all are joking or if JoeBashCandies paid the $1.99 to post her frau fanfics on here.

by Anonymousreply 582February 8, 2023 7:57 PM

R572 I think we're most likely to see Joe at NYFW, Kit at LFW, and everyone else is a little less likely. Maybe Will at LFW? Usually I would assume Yaz would show, but I'm not 100% sure she'd fly back to NYC so soon and she's already skipped Milan and Paris.

by Anonymousreply 583February 8, 2023 8:00 PM

Cori and Rhea were at an event yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584February 8, 2023 8:02 PM

R582 It's a joke that everyone was making at the time. And stop bringing up twitter people.

Are you the overly sensitive Kit fan?

by Anonymousreply 585February 8, 2023 8:07 PM

R584 randomly sat next to the girl who voiced the hogwarts game with Bash

by Anonymousreply 586February 8, 2023 8:08 PM

R583 normally I wouldn’t even guess Joe for NYFW necessarily but he followed Zak from GQ just the other day, and the timing makes me think Bash will go too, just because Valentine’s is next week and they’re clingy and Will want to do it together. Guessing Yaz and Kit and Will are most likely to pop up at some London Fashion Week event. Some of the others might get invites to smaller events or afterparties. I know Rhea is really into eco friendly stuff so maybe if there’s some small designer linked to that.

by Anonymousreply 587February 8, 2023 8:10 PM

R587 I go back and forth on the Zak follow because I'm not sure if it's related to something coming up or if it's a late follow from the GQ MOTY cover.

by Anonymousreply 588February 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Someone in the Bash thread pointed out that Bash liked Ty Tennant's IG post form a couple days ago so he might actually slowly be coming back to social media (very slowly since he didn't like Alice's post, which is nice).

I don't expect Yaz or Will to go to NY. Both were just there.

by Anonymousreply 589February 8, 2023 8:14 PM

R587 I wouldn’t be shocked if Bash travels with Joe, but is he taking a break from going to events? I can’t tell if the lack of activity is self-imposed and for how long it’ll go on for.

by Anonymousreply 590February 8, 2023 8:17 PM

R587 that’s a fair point. Him following the lead of Hadestown and then not seeing it with his mum last weekend still makes me think he’ll go this weekend plus Zak wasn’t the style editor who styled them for GQ, but fair point it could just be a belated follow

by Anonymousreply 591February 8, 2023 8:19 PM

Zak seems to have a lot of time for Joe. He’s written a bunch of stuff about Joe’s style and when Kit was getting pretty frenzied attention (say August/Sept before he came out) Zak was still pumping out stories about Joe. Might just be Joe bored sending some love his way

by Anonymousreply 592February 8, 2023 8:54 PM

R592 maybe he’s horny for him. He should join DL.

Almost at 600 posts. Next poll should ask who will show up at NYFW from the cast

by Anonymousreply 593February 8, 2023 9:08 PM

RR93 well yes, I assume irl gay men are all over him. Probably why Bash has such a tight grip on his waist

by Anonymousreply 594February 8, 2023 9:14 PM

Despite the fact that almost nothing is happening, it’s impressive that we’ve filled up another thread.

by Anonymousreply 595February 8, 2023 9:15 PM

R585 Definitely is the OSKF they (or she?) keeps popping up trying to drag twitter bullshit over here and really cannot hold it in if they perceive any slight against Kit. Very transparent but best to ignore and move on after lingering briefly on the happy thought of those 14 hours in Brazil

by Anonymousreply 596February 8, 2023 9:29 PM

All of you should shut the fuck up about Twitter, the last thing we need is a repeat of yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 597February 8, 2023 9:45 PM

Fraus doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 598February 8, 2023 9:47 PM

New thread since this one's about to lock up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599February 8, 2023 9:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!