Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your favorite meat?

What's your favorite animal to eat?

Any recipes to share?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2023 3:10 PM

Pork - sausage, pepperoni, and bacon... oh yeah

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2023 2:58 AM

See the Ryan Steel thread.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2023 3:04 AM

You may find this thread of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2023 3:07 AM

The Dodo has made me rethink my carnivorous ways.

It’s not OK to eat things you love, other than the P, the A, or the D, but of course.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2023 3:10 AM

Ham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2023 3:12 AM

Your day is coming, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2023 3:27 AM

Pussy

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2023 3:35 AM

r4 If that's all it takes, then yeah.. you should probably avoid it but remember, political vegans/vegetarians are the reason most people hate vegans/vegetarians.

But it's good for people to know where their food comes from. . .

r3 thank you, though, this was really a passive aggressive post because of some of the anti-butcher threads and its replies from willfully ignorant omnivores.

r6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2023 3:42 AM

Haven't eaten much meat (incl. red meat, poultry, and pork) since having colon cancer and also after reading "Fast Food Nation". Can't stomach it on many levels, so to speak. But I do miss high end cuts, like filet mignon and rack of lamb. And fried chicken. All of these make me ill now. When I do eat animal products, it's seafood, eggs, or dairy (but must take lactase). I'll pay a few dollars more for responsibly sourced products. I miss BLT's and Wedge Salads with bacon the most! Sometimes have "Impossible" or vegan meat substitutes for burgers or hot dogs, but it's really the combo of pickles, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, catchup, and mustard that I love.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2023 4:25 AM

OP, BTW, it's videos and stories like the one you posted that made it so easy to transition to a pescatarian/vegetarian diet.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2023 4:34 AM

Cage

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2023 5:02 AM

Animal Crackers

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2023 6:48 AM

I eat less and less meat. Some venison, but I don't want any animal to be raised in permanent suffering just because I want a sandwich. You know, it really doesn't taste this good. The moral objections I have really kill my appetite.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2023 7:57 AM

If you don’t eat meat, you’re woke! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2023 8:12 AM

I don’t eat much processed meat, since I am trying to wean myself off of ultraprocessed foods, but I enjoy unprocessed meat a lot.

I had a large, delicious piece of cow sirloin yesterday, one of the biggest steaks I have ever had, and it kept me full for hours. It was simply cooked, just fried in butter and served with two eggs and some mushrooms. Incredibly simple and satisfying.

I love animals, but I do find it strange how we are being manipulated to feel sympathy for large farm animals, and how we give very little attention to the billions of living beings killed every year to protect plant crops. The loss of these animals (by mechanical and chemical means), from rabbits to insects and pollinators, is an environmental catastrophe. The planet would be in better shape if we ate more ruminant animals (sheep and cows).

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2023 8:21 AM

I’ve been getting most of my protein from non-animal sources since the lockdown when those hideous stories about conditions in meat packing plants came out. I’d rather have a dish of mujadarah or Cuban black beans than chlorinated chicken or a hamburger full of E. coli.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2023 1:44 PM

Super Colossal Blue Crab meat from Philipps Seafood (and yes, S.C. is a variety that is different from "just' Colossal)

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2023 1:53 PM

You have to ask?

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2023 2:06 PM

R15 That's even more reason to be vegan. A huge amount of farmland is used to grow livestock feed. The planet would be in better shape if people skipped animals and just ate the plants. A certain amount of animal & insect death/suffering is unavoidable when you're growing food on an industrial scale. Nobody advocating for veganism would say people should starve to avoid killing grasshoppers or prairie dogs.

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2023 3:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!