Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Four Students Found Dead Near the University of Idaho Part 11 SUSPECT ARRESTED

Here's Part 11; Part 10 is linked, below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 20, 2023 3:14 AM

Here's the probable cause affidavit (PCA) for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2023 11:54 PM

OK. I recently saw the movie, Nightcrawler, and I think Jake Gyllenhaal ought to play this guy in the Netflix movie.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2023 11:56 PM

OP, thanks for starting us up!

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2023 12:14 AM

His SoundCloud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 9, 2023 12:29 AM

[quote]OK. I recently saw the movie, Nightcrawler, and I think Jake Gyllenhaal ought to play this guy in the Netflix movie.

Jake looks too young for the role.

by Anonymousreply 5January 9, 2023 1:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 9, 2023 1:59 AM

Am I the only one who things that Kohberger must have been absolute crap at criminology, or would have been in the real world? Because he may have been good at the schoolwork, but doesn't real-life criminology require the ability to understand people and their motivations and reactions?

by Anonymousreply 7January 9, 2023 2:16 AM

We’re at Part 11. These sleuths are hard at work….

by Anonymousreply 8January 9, 2023 2:33 AM

BK’s parents had two bankruptcies only 15 years apart.

That suggests a certain level of chaos.

by Anonymousreply 9January 9, 2023 4:22 AM

Like I said, if one kid in a family grows up to be a therapist and another grows up to be a murderer... there is some SERIOUS dysfunction within that family.

by Anonymousreply 10January 9, 2023 4:59 AM

R10, I read that the third kid (a daughter) is a school counselor. This requires a counseling degree. So that's two kids who grew up to be therapists.

Many times people enter into therapy because they credit therapy with having helped them in the past. So perhaps the whole family did family therapy together, and the daughters want to pay it forward by helping other people in that way.

Or a lot of times they pursue therapy as a career because they want to fix themselves or someone close to them.

by Anonymousreply 11January 9, 2023 5:31 AM

R7, it’s one thing to read about crime, it’s another to actually do it and pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 12January 9, 2023 6:05 AM

Most people aren’t equipped to pull off a murder. Your brain is going a mile a minute and adrenaline and emotion kicks in. This is why most people are caught. Applying what you learned in criminology and using it for yourself is too difficult to put into motion due to the reasons I mentioned. The brain put into the actual situation isn’t fast enough nor can it just shut off complete emotion. There are a lot of obstacles like actually having to look out for witnesses. It’s all very distracting, which is probably what happened to him leaving shit behind.

by Anonymousreply 13January 9, 2023 6:09 AM

I wonder if his dad was involved.

by Anonymousreply 14January 9, 2023 6:09 AM

In all the cop footage the police keep threatening to give the party house residents a $250 ticket if they have to come back.

Why didn’t they just go ahead and ticket them on the third or fourth visit?

What a revolving door of annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 15January 9, 2023 6:12 AM

This whole thing is a tragedy but THANK GOODNESS the neighbors are finally getting some peace and quiet. And the cops are no longer wasting their time babysitting and knocking on that door. Daytime Parties. Nighttime Parties. Clearly they were the neighbors from hell. I certainly hope BK brings this up at the trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 9, 2023 8:09 AM

One thing about this case that has just sunk in for me in the last few days of learning more information is that he chose to go into this house and commit these murders in such an observationally chaotic moment. If he was observing the house so closely, it seems like he would call it off with so much activity. I would think he would want to surprise his victims in their sleep (terrifying I know).

But someone literally just got door dash and some of the house is awake. If I was a killer who had planned and planned, I would call it off for another night! Too much opportunity for things to go wrong.

He seems like a control freak. I guess the thrill took over and he was thriving on the chaos.

by Anonymousreply 17January 9, 2023 9:44 AM

[quote]r17 If he was observing the house so closely, it seems like he would call it off with so much activity.

and that is why young Mr. Kohberger is probably innocent. It simply makes no sense.

The police need to keep looking.

by Anonymousreply 18January 9, 2023 9:55 AM

This whole thing is right out of one of the SCREAM movies.

by Anonymousreply 19January 9, 2023 10:03 AM

R17 I agree, but that recklessness makes me believe even more one of those chicks was targeted.

by Anonymousreply 20January 9, 2023 11:38 AM

If he did target one of the women, he wouldn't know which bedroom was hers. So he was going to have to go from bedroom to bedroom. It would be hard to identify a person in the dark. If he turned on a light to get a good view of the sleeping person's facial features, they were likely to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 21January 9, 2023 12:06 PM

If he'd been to a party in the house, he might certainly have found out whose bedroom was whose just from casual questions

by Anonymousreply 22January 9, 2023 12:31 PM

He may have deducted in the moment that the slight chaos (some of the house being awake, door dash driver having just left) might be a good “cover” as well. Others might dismiss noise or a stranger if they knew there was activity in the house.

by Anonymousreply 23January 9, 2023 12:38 PM

I wonder if he had only intended to kill one or two and ended up with four because people we re awake and he didn't want witnesses. But how would that explain leaving that one witness alive?

by Anonymousreply 24January 9, 2023 12:42 PM

R16, I'm sad to say that thought crossed my mind. Maybe because I'm tortured by a neighbor from hell below me who thinks it's fine to have a 200-watt music player speaker in a 650-square foot apartment with wood floors.

One of the Daily Mail photos highlighted the speaker and located it beside the sliding door. Put the thing on wheels and push it into the room where the party is centralized (the living room space). If you've had multiple noise complaints, you KNOW it's bothering the people around you. Some people just don't gaf about anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 25January 9, 2023 12:43 PM

R24 I think he either simply didn’t know Dylan was there, or he got spooked by something and ran out. Being exhausted from all the stabbing could also play a role (adrenaline crash)

by Anonymousreply 26January 9, 2023 12:58 PM

[quote]If he did target one of the women, he wouldn't know which bedroom was hers

I think he knew which bedroom he was heading for. He had been stalking that house on at least 12 prior occasions.

by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2023 12:59 PM

I think he only intended to kill one, probably Maddie. He may not have been expecting Kaylee to be there, since she was graduation and already moved out. And he may have been trying to leave after that, but unexpectedly encountered Xana, who was eating her DoorDash and may have been up and moving around.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2023 1:01 PM

I thought Xana was one of his targets too? Maddie and Xana were the targets. Didn't the Inside Looking poster say that?

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2023 1:10 PM

There is a “Good Vibes” neon sculpture/wall hanging on the wall to the right-side wall one has to pass by immediately before the stairwell area, where Dylan’s door is in the left and the entrance to the kitchen and sliding door is on the right. Was it on? We’re there other lights in? Dylan’s vision may have been slightly flash-blinded as his eyes adjusted in that split second he passed by Dylan’s open doorway. Maybe another reason he didn’t see her.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2023 2:17 PM

He probably studied the floor plans from the property's real estate listing which, coupled with his peeping tom proclivities, gave him a very clear picture of where his intended targets would be. As his phone records show (by the location pings) he had been planning this murder spree for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2023 2:25 PM

From the previous thread:

[Quote]I don't believe BK had an accomplice. First, because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and he'd believe an accomplice would only screw up his master plans, and second, because BK is an idiot when it comes to real life, an accomplice would have to have enough common sense to say "Not tonight, not NOW, for fuck's sake they're still awake and getting Doordash!".

What if the Doordash driver is the accomplice!

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2023 2:33 PM

[Quote]Jake looks too young for the role.

I'll do it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2023 2:33 PM

Is there an interview with the DoorDash person somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2023 2:53 PM

[quote]This whole thing is a tragedy but THANK GOODNESS the neighbors are finally getting some peace and quiet. And the cops are no longer wasting their time babysitting and knocking on that door. Daytime Parties. Nighttime Parties. Clearly they were the neighbors from hell. I certainly hope BK brings this up at the trial.

They were party kids for sure, but that house is there for rental to students, that's what its owner uses if for. Any U of ID students there would party, although perhaps this group was more rowdy than some. Most of the neighborhood appeared to be U of ID - the neighbors would be used to all of the activity.

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2023 2:55 PM

r34 probably not, I'd bet the police have heavily interviewed him/her and have them on strict orders for lockdown, no talking to the media or press lest they damage their case.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2023 2:56 PM

I'm fairly certain he didn't see Dylan, who was peering at him from a cracked door from a darkened room, while he was quickly running by to get out of the house after slashing four people to death. If he'd seen her, she would have been victim #5 for sure.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2023 2:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2023 3:01 PM

Stabbing someone is not like "one jab in the stomach and they drop down silent and dead".....it requires multiple thrusts, and blood going everywhere, not to mention screaming and crashing going on in the room....it is a HUGE physical effort to kill someone with a knife...........he did this four times, and no one woke up?.....something is not right here........

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2023 3:05 PM

[quote]Stabbing someone is not like "one jab in the stomach and they drop down silent and dead".....it requires multiple thrusts

This isn't necessarily even close to true. A single strike to the throat, heart, kidneys, spleen, or femoral artery will cause a fairly quick death.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2023 3:11 PM

I also wonder if he saw Dylan. In the PCA, she made it sound like she was creeping through her door, very hidden and spy-like because she was just trying to understand WTF was going on in the house. I suppose he *maybe* missed her, but all three times…?

But then when I look at the floor plan, how could he have not seen her? His eyes were long adjusted to the dark, he definitely knew she was in that house because of all the stalking. Could leaving her untouched have been his final fuck you to the police? As in, he had convinced himself so strongly that he would never be caught, and leaving a surviving witness would be his final signature? What a fucking IDIOT.

Also, I posted multiple times (before his arrest) that the killer must have killed before because of four victims. Now, I don’t believe that. Look at all of his mistakes! I will be shocked if they pin other murders on him because he’s just so damn cocky and sloppy, I feel like he would have been looked at in other cases already.

R40, I didn’t post that, but I agree with that other poster. Nailing a victim in the exact magical spot on the first jab is very difficult to do unless one has oodles of training and experience. If you don’t believe me, go buy yourself a huge pot roast, get your best kitchen knife, and then mark an X. Bring down the knife at full speed, full velocity, and see if you can nail the exact spot — not so easy, right? Also, X and E, or at least X, we’re awake so at least one of them saw him coming for them.

Many knife attacks are multiple wounds. Also, one cut wouldn’t satisfy his bloodlust, I wouldn’t be shocked if he let himself go into a frenzied, orgasmic stab-fest, almost like compulsive masturbation. I know that’s TMI, but I think that’s how their brains operate.

by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2023 3:21 PM

r41, Dylan said she opened her door three times to see/hear what was going on - I believe she probably "cracked" it open, but we'll find our later. She only viewed the killer walking by her door once, on the final time she opened it, when he was strolling by to get to the kitchen to get out of there. It's entirely possible he was in a daze and in a hurry, so ran right by her in the dark hallway area not seeing her door open.

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2023 3:27 PM

Yes, r42, all strong points for sure. I guess when I first read the PCA, I envisioned it as her being visible in the doorway, but who is to say? Your description is more likely what happened.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2023 3:29 PM

r40 it certainly has been true for my "activities"...

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2023 3:42 PM

[quote] the neighbors would be used to all of the activity.

The neighbors were the ones calling the police. While they might have been "used to" it, they didn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2023 3:46 PM

That “good vibes” lighted sign might have temporarily blinded him and he couldn’t see her. Also he was known to have problems with night vision…his blog posts from years ago talk about him having a problem called “visual snow”.

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2023 3:47 PM

Why was Dylan sleeping on the second floor that night?

We haven’t heard much about the other surviving roommate.

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2023 3:59 PM

Is Kohberger religious?Did he have any belief system? As for me, a lifetime of doubt and wondering doesn't mean I've reached any final conclusions. Because in those years to come Kohberger might find himself asking if it wasn't the hand of God dropped those glasses. And if He didn't... who did?

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2023 3:59 PM

[quote]he did this four times, and no one woke up?.....something is not right here........

We don't know that no one woke up. Xana was already awake, Maddie or Kaylee or both may have woken up, same with Ethan. Dylan was already awake. The girl on the first floor may have slept through it but we don't know, and if she did, it's likely because of where she was located.

by Anonymousreply 49January 9, 2023 4:01 PM

Kohberger is fascinated by murder. I am pretty sure he would have studied how to kill someone quickly with a knife and render them unconscious immediately.

by Anonymousreply 50January 9, 2023 4:10 PM

He has been fucked up for a very long time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 9, 2023 4:19 PM

[quote]Why was Dylan sleeping on the second floor that night? We haven’t heard much about the other surviving roommate.

I don't think it can be ascertained from what's been released so far as to why she was on the 2nd floor that night. There was another female roommate who had moved out a few months earlier, maybe that was her room? And Dylan recently moved upstairs to take it, or just decided to sleep in there that night. We'll find out more later.

What has been confusing is the reports about both surviving roommates and where they ended up the following morning. The PCA makes it sound as if Dylan simply locked her door and went to sleep until the following late morning. Some accounts though mention that she and Bethany (other survivor) slept in the same room that night after being "spooked" by things they saw/heard. Did Dylan head downstairs at some point, to Bethany's room on the 1st floor? Were the two survivors in touch via cell to discuss what Dylan saw/heard. Again, we'll find out.

It's also hazy what happened the following morning. I've read Xana didn't show up for work, so her boss called either the house (if there was a landline there, doubtful) or one of her roomates, looking for her. They looked out front and saw her car still there, which tipped them off that something was really wrong so they called some friends to come over to help check on things - these same friends arrived to find one of the girls passed out in front (from fainting, presumably) and the other inside, screaming. It was these friends that called 911 just before noon.

by Anonymousreply 52January 9, 2023 4:35 PM

Have we seen transcripts of the 911 call?

by Anonymousreply 53January 9, 2023 4:43 PM

I think Xana was probably wearing headphones or earbuds. She was known to be eating and using TikTok at the time, and her boyfriend in the same room was probably trying to sleep. I don’t think she heard much of anything coming from the murders upstairs. She probably just casually opened the door to go to the bathroom or kitchen when she finished eating, and encountered BK coming down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 54January 9, 2023 4:51 PM

Is there confirmation of the order of the murders?

by Anonymousreply 55January 9, 2023 4:58 PM

I'm guessing Xana visited the kitchen at some point (her Door Dash delivery bag was left by the sink), was leaving to go back to her room, heard a noise, turned around and saw BK coming down the stairs from the 3rd floor where he'd just murdered Kaylee/Maddie. She probably sensed danger, and took off down the hall toward her bedroom (there's a short hallway leading to that room, with a bathroom on the left side as you're facing the bedroom). BK followed her, encountering her there and Ethan, he then took them both out after a struggle - Xana's body was found on the floor next to the wall (it was likely her blood seen dripping down the outside foundation wall).

r55 I think he went upstairs first to get to the two there, then either came downstairs to Xana's room or encountered her accidentally on the 2nd floor, and followed/chased her into her room where he killed her and Ethan. When hightailing it out of there, Dylan spied him leaving through to the kitchen and the open slider there.

The supposed 'real' audio clip that was posted here showed the dog loudly barking first, on the 3rd floor, then a male or males yelling a few moments later. To me, that implies BK was upstairs first, then came downstairs to kill Xana/Ethan.

by Anonymousreply 56January 9, 2023 5:03 PM

I live in a townhouse. I don’t use the upstairs rooms much. But I was upstairs a few nights ago and my neighbors are LOUD.

But it’s all thumping and loud thuds. I have no idea what they’re doing— it sounds like a really large Roomba vacuum running into walls and furniture repeatedly.

It creeped me out because it must have been similar to what the murders sounded like.

by Anonymousreply 57January 9, 2023 5:04 PM

I wonder what was in the Burger King order - that might be a helpful clue.

by Anonymousreply 58January 9, 2023 5:15 PM

Eating Burger King— are we sure this wasn’t a suicide?

by Anonymousreply 59January 9, 2023 5:19 PM

It was Jack in the box.

by Anonymousreply 60January 9, 2023 5:26 PM

[quote]Again, we'll find out.

Or not. If he pleads out, we might not now. Even if he goes to trial all of the questions may not be answered.

by Anonymousreply 61January 9, 2023 5:29 PM

R56, I read in the last thread that audio was NOT audio from that night but a post by someone indicating how a Ring cam [italic]could[/italic] pick up sounds from a neighbor’s house.

by Anonymousreply 62January 9, 2023 5:30 PM

[quote] This whole thing is right out of one of the SCREAM movies.

That was already based on a real case. The Gainsville Ripper.

by Anonymousreply 63January 9, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote] I'm fairly certain he didn't see Dylan

Oh, really, Sherlock?

by Anonymousreply 64January 9, 2023 6:17 PM

The whole crime scene was described by FBI experts as “chaotic”, suggesting that he didn’t have a good plan, or things quickly spiraled out of control.

by Anonymousreply 65January 9, 2023 6:22 PM

Where are pics of the crime scene? The mattresses, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 66January 9, 2023 6:29 PM

These murders might have been BK attempting to prove he is some sort of expert assassin. If so, he proved the exact opposite. It sounds like he made every possible mistake.

I wonder if he even knew the “extra” people were there. Or did he walk into Maddie’s room only to be surprised by Kaylee?

If he then accidentally encountered Xana snd Ethan on his way out, he must have been thinking “Fuck me! What else can go wrong?”

But it sounds possible Xana was also a target. And why mutilate Ethan if he wasn’t a target? (The mutilation is only a tumor but the PCA section re Ethan’s injuries was redacted.)

by Anonymousreply 67January 9, 2023 6:49 PM

Rumor, not tumor

by Anonymousreply 68January 9, 2023 6:50 PM

[quote]The mutilation is only a tumor

IT’S NOT A TOOOMAH!!!

by Anonymousreply 69January 9, 2023 6:50 PM

Just so you all know: The "leaked audio" has been debunked.

by Anonymousreply 70January 9, 2023 7:12 PM

There is no redacted page in the PCA: The sentence at the bottom of the 1st page literally continues on the top of the 3rd page, the 2nd blank page in between has been clarified by the Moscow police chief as a mistake. There is no entire page redacted.

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2023 7:13 PM

Thanks, Dutchie. I didn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2023 7:17 PM

Why is Xana a possible target?

The most terrifying part? Dylan hearing him say, “I’m going to help you” or whatever cryptic phrase it was. So he kills her boyfriend which she must be seeing (right? Aren’t their bodies in the same room so his corpse or dying body is right at her feet?) so all the blood and gore and her love’s body is right there for her to take in. She is seeing her boyfriend’s carved up corpse with blood absolutely everywhere, in shock and awe….and there’s no escape. AND there is a masked man dressed in black holding a knife. AND he tells her he’s there to help? I could crap my diaper just imagining this. It is truly a 10/10 nightmare scenario. And for me, this also means she likely suffered immensely, because even if she only lived another two minutes, to try and hold the sustained terror and horror she was facing…..I simply cannot comprehend it. He played with her head in her final moments. Sheer cruelty and sadism.

Also, if he said that to Xana, I bet he spoke to all of them as he killed them because he’s known for being so cruel (he admits it in his posts too, that he was mean to his own family). Not sure why I think that he spoke to all of them, but I do. I’m sure he had some big lines he rehearsed in his head that he fantasized saying to Maddie. And we will never know the full truth of what was said unless he decides to share it, which obviously isn’t happening anytime soon.

This is definitely one of the most gruesome cases I’ve seen in a long time. These kids were young idiots, but most importantly, they were sitting ducks. They had no chance.

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2023 7:55 PM

Who wouldn’t be a sitting duck in their own home against a surprise intruder intent on killing them?

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2023 8:03 PM

Welp, the Daily Mail does it again. They have a huge headline and photos of Dylan out and about near her parents home in Idaho. Nearly all of the comments are negative toward the Mail, for invading her privacy.

by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote]This is definitely one of the most gruesome cases I’ve seen in a long time. These kids were young idiots, but most importantly, they were sitting ducks. They had no chance.

I know it sounds like victim blaming, but they would have perhaps had a better chance if they locked all of their doors, including the kitchen slider. I'm willing to bet that BK got into the house through the unlocked slider there.

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2023 8:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2023 8:26 PM

If someone wants to get into your house, they will if they try hard enough.

But make it difficult for them! Get security bars and extra locks for sliders, extra locks for windows, get cameras, light the place up at night, put those hotel style security locks on your doors. Good window coverings.

Don’t have people coming and going at all hours.

I can’t believe these macho dads didn’t put in security measures.

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2023 8:42 PM

R76 it has been established that BK entered and exited the house through the sliding doors.

by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2023 9:00 PM

Yes, but did he break into the sliding door or was it unlocked?

Danny Rolling apparently easily broke in with a screwdriver. He just popped the door off the track by lifting vertically. Supposedly modern sliders aren’t as easy to pop. You can also get after market locks to prevent horizontal AND vertical movement on the sliders.

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2023 9:03 PM

R80 good question, I have a hunch that the sliding door was closed but not locked. When you are living with a group, nobody really cares or checks up, and there's this fake (obviously) sense of "security by numbers".

by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2023 9:06 PM

This Thanksgiving I was visiting an elderly family member who lives alone. Got up in the middle of the night to check the doors (house full of family visiting.)

Someone had left the slider unlocked! I almost lost my shit. I mentioned it the next day and everyone was very blasé. I asked who was last to go to bed— did you lock up first?

And this person was all “no, it didn’t really occur to me.” These are grown ass men. My family member lives in a not-great neighborhood.

Stupid bitches.

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2023 9:12 PM

[quote]r73 The most terrifying part? Dylan hearing him say, “I’m going to help you.”

She may have misheard and it was actually, “I’m going to help your neighbors.”

Hired hit?

by Anonymousreply 83January 9, 2023 9:22 PM

[quote]R73 even if she only lived another two minutes, to try and hold the sustained terror and horror she was facing…..I simply cannot comprehend it.

But you love imagining it.

Freak.

by Anonymousreply 84January 9, 2023 9:23 PM

God. Everybody getting all Mary over Dylan. I'd feel relieved if I were her. She dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 85January 9, 2023 9:37 PM

Kaylee had already graduated and was just visiting?

by Anonymousreply 86January 9, 2023 9:38 PM

I think he hid inside the jack in the box bag! Smuggled in. The perfect crime. Is it possible he obsessively studied circus contortionists? I'll ask Psychic Reverend Donna Seraphina during the next livestream.

by Anonymousreply 87January 9, 2023 9:40 PM

[quote]She dodged a bullet.

Well, a knife anyway.

by Anonymousreply 88January 9, 2023 9:55 PM

Pot calling kettle, party of one? Please, spare us the self-righteousness r84. This is a fucking gay gossip site and you’re on a thread about a serial killer. What exactly would you prefer we discuss? The girl went to her door *thrice* during a slaughter…that is shocking, and it is a miracle she’s alive.

by Anonymousreply 89January 9, 2023 10:16 PM

Does anyone have any theories as to why Bryan’s father came and drove cross country with him back to PA? They even went the long way, an additional 500 miles, 10 extra hours. Why?

by Anonymousreply 90January 9, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote]The girl went to her door *thrice*

Oh, who the hell says thrice?

by Anonymousreply 91January 9, 2023 10:39 PM

R90,

I can envision a conversation something along the lines of “I can’t believe I’ve gotta drive all the way across country. Alone, too.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll fly out, we’ll drive back together. It’ll be like a road trip. We can even take a scenic route back.”

by Anonymousreply 92January 9, 2023 10:40 PM

I use thrice as often as possible.

by Anonymousreply 93January 9, 2023 10:43 PM

Yeah, but you’re cute, so you can get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 94January 9, 2023 10:45 PM

When people use "thrice" it's always evident that I'm not the only one hearing it as rhyming with "icky,"

It is one of those "if a street mime talked this is what he'd say" things. You know, unemployable exhibitionist incels with low self esteem and disordered impulses outside "the character."

by Anonymousreply 95January 9, 2023 10:54 PM

R91: Thrice! Who the hell says "thrice"?

R89/R93: It's a word.

R91: So is intrauterine. It does not belong in a true crime thread about dead sorority girls on Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 96January 9, 2023 10:59 PM

You just can't have too much thrice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 9, 2023 11:07 PM

Full Confession…..thrice comes courtesy of Dan Levy on Schitt’s Creek.

Is there a good word for four times? Five times?

by Anonymousreply 98January 9, 2023 11:23 PM

Kohberger. Planning the murders from way back in August. Was he relishing his killing. His covertness, the feeling he was going to put one over on them. He smugly smiling to himself over imagined scenarios of the bloody night he's be the 'monster' they didn't see coming. His power. It becomes a kind imprinted behavior of his. Think of the killing, smug smile at his 'power'. (You know these guys really feel very small, part of the whole 'power trip') cold arrogance over the fantasy of his impending killing, his murder of these poor people whom he regards as nothing less than bugs to squash.

During his appearance in the court as he was read the probable cause for his arrest, when the judge read aloud Kaylee's name with the charge of murder and at that moment it was said her mother broke down crying in the rows behind him, I swear to me it looked like he suppressed a smile. I saw someone on Twitter write they saw the same thing.

What a rat.

by Anonymousreply 99January 9, 2023 11:46 PM

Does anyone think the owner of that house will continue to rent it out to students? I'll bet it will have a lot of paranormal activity now.

by Anonymousreply 100January 9, 2023 11:54 PM

"Does anyone have any theories as to why Bryan’s father came and drove cross country with him back to PA? "

It could be because they liked doing road trips together. Or because if there were two drivers, they could keep driving 24/7 and avoid paying for hotels. Or because Kohberger Sr. had figured out that his problem child had finally gone over the edge, and he either wanted to protect him from the police, or keep him around so he could turn the little hellspawn in and be done with the terror within his family.

We won't know until the Kohberger family members start writing books a couple of years from now, which they will. I mean the two sisters are therapists, they WILL share their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 101January 9, 2023 11:56 PM

The local goths and satanists will line up to rent a room in this house

by Anonymousreply 102January 9, 2023 11:58 PM

He could have easily flew back home. Of course he would have had to leave the car. Still, how does one convince their parents to come and drive over 500 miles with them?

by Anonymousreply 103January 10, 2023 12:04 AM

Did Bryan also drive back home for Thanksgiving?

by Anonymousreply 104January 10, 2023 12:04 AM

"He could have easily flew back home. Of course he would have had to leave the car."

That makes me suspect that the parents at least had a suspicion who was behind the Idaho murders, and they wanted their son and their car out of the state.

Like I said, I think the family had to be massively dysfunctional, with two of the siblings growing up to be therapists, and the other a mass murderer. I just have no idea if the dysfunction and chaos came from the parents, or if Bryan created a "Let's not talk about Kevin" situation.

by Anonymousreply 105January 10, 2023 12:25 AM

[quote]Or because if there were two drivers, they could keep driving 24/7 and avoid paying for hotels.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly sleep comfortably in a moving Elantra.

by Anonymousreply 106January 10, 2023 12:32 AM

[quote] Oh, who the hell says thrice?

Not Lionel Richie.

by Anonymousreply 107January 10, 2023 12:35 AM

Intrauterine is a word.

by Anonymousreply 108January 10, 2023 12:39 AM

I think BK's father knew something was up and that the car needed to be moved. The "white Hyundai Elantra" was mentioned in the news. Yes, they probably did take turns driving. They probably drove the scenic routes to be more low profile. Still, they did get pulled over once, if not twice (or should I say "two times").

by Anonymousreply 109January 10, 2023 12:42 AM

Who is Kevin?

The father chatting with the police happily makes me think he knew nothing.

by Anonymousreply 110January 10, 2023 12:42 AM

After reading about dates being important in this case I think BK may have been in a rush to commit the murder as a birthday day gift to himself. A true psycho that wanted to control life and since he could not function like a normal person he chose to take a life to empower himself.

by Anonymousreply 111January 10, 2023 12:53 AM

I was looking at the stuff on 4chan, which I never do but was curious to see what is out there and saw this. Recently I did read a reference to this post. Could’ve been on here. Not ever having seen it before wondered what they were talking about. I see it was supposedly written in 2011, and have no idea if it’s fake, pics added later? Anybody know about this post? One thing that makes me suspect it’s fake is the FBI has not removed it but really I do not even know if they would, even if it were real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 10, 2023 2:24 AM

R110 DL fave Ezra Miller is in the movie "We Need to talk About Kevin" it's a great book and an okay movie. Kevin is a murderous son whose behavior is awful and his parents ignore it till he kills a bunch of people.

by Anonymousreply 113January 10, 2023 2:25 AM

Thanks. I was wondering how I didn’t understand this. Now I want to see the movie.

by Anonymousreply 114January 10, 2023 2:37 AM

I live in a townhouse and my bedroom is en suite. so the bathroom is only accessible through the bedroom. My phone is right there on my nightstand charging all night. What I want t o do is get a security door. A thick heavy steel re inforced door with a good lock on it for my bedroom. That way if I hear someone breaking in, I just lock my BR door and it becomes a safe room. I have a toilet, I have a phone, and I have a ring camera system too. Now if I'm home during the day, I never leave my doors unlocked.

by Anonymousreply 115January 10, 2023 2:41 AM

[quote] r91 Who the hell says thrice?

R89 is once, thrice, three times a lady

by Anonymousreply 116January 10, 2023 2:55 AM

Knock thrice upon thine ceiling if thou desirest me!

by Anonymousreply 117January 10, 2023 3:05 AM

[quote] BK’s parents had two bankruptcies only 15 years apart. That suggests a certain level of chaos

Bankruptcies are the hallmark of the sociopath (or malignant narcissist). That shit is 50% hereditary and 50% environment - well, that's the psychology experts best guess, but definitely personality disorders run in families.

by Anonymousreply 118January 10, 2023 3:11 AM

"Sociopath" isn't even a true psychological term so I doubt there's a single "psychology expert" out there that has said "bankruptcies are the hallmark of the sociopath."

by Anonymousreply 119January 10, 2023 3:13 AM

r112, that's allegedly one of Bryan's posts on a video game forum back when he was still a teenager, and below that are a bunch of photos of Bryan people supposedly found on on various social media accounts.

by Anonymousreply 120January 10, 2023 3:15 AM

BK publicly humiliated via Tinder by Idaho girls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 10, 2023 3:32 AM

The pictures of BK’s janitor dad sweeping up the mess at his house made by the SWAT team, as if it was part of his daily routine, sums up his co-dependent relationship with BK.

by Anonymousreply 122January 10, 2023 3:34 AM

R112, already posted and it’s real. The FBI cannot just take shit down. BK had his picture as his avatar. The posts go back to 2011. Look at the previous thread here. There is a link with his username and posting history. We also have his rap song from his SoundCloud.

by Anonymousreply 123January 10, 2023 3:41 AM

[quote] After reading about dates being important in this case

That’s a random theory.

by Anonymousreply 124January 10, 2023 3:42 AM

We live near a park and people were coming into our neighborhood, hanging around in back yards as if they were part of the park, too. That lead to people trying to get into the house, so we put a lock on the inside track part of our sliding door, and also rigged up a mostly invisible booster to the latch on the handle. The outer handle had broken off so we replaced it with something that's unfortunately ugly but is completely separate from the entire handle mechanism, so there's no way to unlock the door from the outside anymore.

by Anonymousreply 125January 10, 2023 3:42 AM

The mess has to be cleaned up. The guy does it himself because he doesn't want any lookie-loos at his house and it proves he's "codependent"? Come the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 126January 10, 2023 3:42 AM

[quote] The pictures of BK’s janitor dad sweeping up the mess at his house made by the SWAT team, as if it was part of his daily routine, sums up his co-dependent relationship with BK.

That makes no sense. Bryan didn’t live at home. Who the fuck else was going to do it?

by Anonymousreply 127January 10, 2023 3:43 AM

[quote] Now if I'm home during the day, I never leave my doors unlocked.

Which doors?

by Anonymousreply 128January 10, 2023 3:44 AM

[quote] Kevin is a murderous son whose behavior is awful and his parents ignore it till he kills a bunch of people.

That fits the Columbine boys more. BK was a grown man, highly educated and on his own. He had well-known drug problems. His friends sound all absolutely shocked over the arrest. If they couldn’t pick it up, his parents wouldn’t have. People generally don’t involve their parents, especially when they’re now near 30. His lifestyle is something parents dream about. He was getting a PHD.

by Anonymousreply 129January 10, 2023 3:47 AM

BREAKING

A person named Bryan Kohberger has been cited as helping police with their inquiries.

by Anonymousreply 130January 10, 2023 3:48 AM

Did people start talking about Ted Bundy’s parents not doing anything? Bryan was nearly 30. A grown man on his own. The only reason why people are talking about Bryan’s parents is because of that road trip with his father. For some reason people act like Bryan is 19 years old. According to the WHO, Bryan would be considered middle age by 35, only 7 years away.

by Anonymousreply 131January 10, 2023 3:49 AM

R127 His cleaning up of the mess caused by BK is the perfect visual metaphor of their family dynamics.

by Anonymousreply 132January 10, 2023 3:50 AM

Ted Bundy started killing at 27 years old. Bryan is 28.

by Anonymousreply 133January 10, 2023 3:50 AM

I think it's in Ann Rule's book -- when Bundy was a teenager a girl was killed and put in wet cement in a new driveway or something. Anyway, the case was never solved and it may have been Bundy's first, I think he was 16. But who knows.

On another subject, re R83, I wonder if it’s possible that the man’s voice Dylan heard was Ethan saying ‘I’m coming to help you’ when Bryan was about to attack Xana?

by Anonymousreply 134January 10, 2023 3:58 AM

* Oh I left out that the girl in the cement lived in Bundy's street and there may be evidence that he knew her (which would make sense, if they're both teens and lived near each other)

by Anonymousreply 135January 10, 2023 3:59 AM

[quote]The only reason why people are talking about Bryan’s parents is because of that road trip with his father. For some reason people act like Bryan is 19 years old.

In the body cam footage, the dad excuses Bryan’s tailgating by telling the officer that Bryan is just “punchy” from the long drive. You know who acts like Bryan is 19 years old? His DAD.

by Anonymousreply 136January 10, 2023 4:04 AM

[quote]I wonder if it’s possible that the man’s voice Dylan heard was Ethan saying ‘I’m coming to help you’ when Bryan was about to attack Xana?

That sounds odd for a panicked BF to say. I can hear him yelling “Hold on — I’m coming” while “I’m coming to help you” sounds eerily calm and creepy in comparison, like it was scripted for a horror film.

by Anonymousreply 137January 10, 2023 4:17 AM

Another one debunked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 10, 2023 6:13 AM

Maybe she just barely made out what she heard -- we don't know that it was calmly said, do we? Or that those were the exact words?

In any case, if a calm "I'm going to help you" came from the killer, omg. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that he's that crazed and, well, insane (but absolutely knew right from wrong because of his efforts to get away with it, so I do NOT mean that he could use insanity as a defense - good god, he was teaching criminology and grading papers, as a PhD student! Sadistic and shocking - but fully able to function and understand right from wrong.

And anyway, from Idaho.gov

Idaho Statutes. 18-207. Mental condition not a defense — Provision for treatment during incarceration — Reception of evidence — Notice and appointment of expert examiners. (1) Mental condition shall not be a defense to any charge of criminal conduct.

by Anonymousreply 139January 10, 2023 7:03 AM

R119 - there is an association between narcissism and financial fraud, embezzlement, bankruptcy -- and "sociopath" is an old-timey word for "antisocial personality disorder." Everybody who has that is also a narcissist. Core feature is lack of empathy (for both NPD and antisocial PD) so of course they don't care if they cheat or don't pay anything back (see Trump)

See link about this here - but I've been studying this crap for 20 years because of a family member (who has severe NPD and multiple bankruptcies but I know of many more - uh, see Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 10, 2023 7:08 AM

[quote]r140 “sociopath" is an old-timey word for "antisocial personality disorder."

This lady seems pretty articulate and informed, and she uses “sociopath.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 10, 2023 8:19 AM

R122 metaphorically speaking, spot on.

'...even Johnny Eager has to have one friend'. ~Jeff Harnett (Van Heflin), Johnny Eager.

by Anonymousreply 142January 10, 2023 10:02 AM

[quote]there is an association between narcissism and financial fraud, embezzlement, bankruptcy -- and "sociopath" is an old-timey word for "antisocial personality disorder." Everybody who has that is also a narcissist.

There is similarity between antisocial personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder, but it's not true that everyone who is antisocial is also diagnosed as narcissistic. Further, there doesn't appear to be a single study showing a connection between antisocial personality disorder and bankruptcies. Every study I found that measured adverse life events (such as bankruptcy, loss of jobs, divorce) among people with personality disorders or conduct disorders had only a very few people who experienced bankruptcy.

On top of all that, you're only saying these things because you want to make a case for the father being guilty as well, but that's just fishing for drama. There is absolutely no reason to believe that. I know you want to, and you're going to believe it whether there's any evidence for it or not, but the truth is there is no evidence that his dad helped him, caused him to be a murderer, or is a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 143January 10, 2023 12:20 PM

I suppose if Ethan was asleep and heard Xana say "help!", but he hadn't looked around or fully woken up yet, he might have said "don't worry, I'll help you" first before assessing the situation, but my guess is that Dylan just partially overheard something and that's not what was actually said.

Since she didn't seem to hear the sound of the attack, even if it was just a scuffle or some whimpering (per the audio they have), it makes sense she couldn't accurately hear what was being said.

by Anonymousreply 144January 10, 2023 12:23 PM

We don't know exactly what Dylan heard, because the details in the affidavit were brief and not complete. There are probably other snippets of conversation or noise she heard, but that won't be revealed until later. I'm sure she heard more than what we now know.

by Anonymousreply 145January 10, 2023 3:23 PM

[quote]That lead to people trying to get into the house,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 146January 10, 2023 3:30 PM

I’ll go back and check the old threads, but does anyone remember the Reddit poster who (1) claimed to be associated with the frat and (2) was pushing the idea that the two frat boys had commuted the murders?

This poster kept insisting that “Titties” (Kaylee) absolutely wasn’t a target.

Something about the insistent tone of this poster makes me wonder if it was BK.

by Anonymousreply 147January 10, 2023 4:37 PM

I vaguely remember R147, I think it was maybe in thread 7. It was before they had a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 148January 10, 2023 4:41 PM

Yes r147, I remember that, but wasn’t it just a repast where (from 4chan)? There were so many posts and multiple threads, it’s in there but might be tough to find.

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2023 5:15 PM

Yes, r149 I think you are right. It was a repost from 4chan (not Reddit.)

To clarify my post above, I think the 4chan poster might have been BK. Did not mean to imply BK was posting here in DL.

Though we did have some posters who wrote very long posts pushing for the “two Daves” theory. I could never figure out why they were so invested.

by Anonymousreply 150January 10, 2023 5:54 PM

I recall those r150 and in hindsight also feel they are worth re-visiting. Too lazy to go back through the past few threads though.

by Anonymousreply 151January 10, 2023 5:56 PM

What is kind of a bummer is that on the small chance that he did post here, we will never know. There’s just so much evidence, it will be buried. It would be interesting to go back though and read the two Dave’s stuff because they were indeed pushed pretty hard here.

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2023 6:01 PM

BK wouldn’t post here. DL is a gay thing that very few people even know about.

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2023 7:15 PM

R152 The FBI have his computer and his phone. He posted from those I'm sure. Nothing more 'proof positive' than posts from his own computer and phone. Might be used in court, but I don't know if they will have that in the trial or if it will be labeled or if the public will see it but they would have it if it's on there.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2023 7:53 PM

R152 Do you think that broke-ass bitch is possibly a paid subscriber? If so, he probably regrets paying for the whole year.

by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2023 8:03 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope there's another Truman Capote out there who who can explore the nuances of this heinous crime. It would be even better if it was written by a female author who may be better at exploring the psychology of the (mostly) female victims.

by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2023 8:58 PM

Yeah, I've thought for a while that it could have been BK himself, pushing the "frat conspiracy" thread on 4chan. There was also a guy who was pushing that idea hard on the Datalounge several threads ago, and who got miffed when myself and others derided that stupid theory. If someone wants to find those posts and ignore-dar him, that might be interesting.

I think the odds that BK was on 4chan pushing that stupid theory are pretty good, he seems to be an awful enough person to like that cesspool. But the odds that he came here are negligible.

by Anonymousreply 157January 10, 2023 10:11 PM

It's doubtful Ethan ever heard or said anything. He was found in bed and it's likely Bryan took him out quickly. "I'm here to help you" is what you would say to get closer to someone who is wary of you. Xana was either aware Ethan was dead and possibly attempting to find an object to protect herself, or she was already injured and frantically backing away. We heard early on that Xana had defense wounds so this makes sense.

As to why Bryan struck when he did, Kaylee's Instagram had announced she was back in town and staying at the house. The last photo is of her standing there in front of the house. Since she was only there for a limited time, it seems likely he went there for her even though conditions that night were not ideal.

Maddie's bedroom window had a large "M" in the window and a pair of pink cowboy boots (she is pictured wearing them on Instagram). Given their bff status, it likely wasn't difficult to figure out which room Kaylee could be staying in during her visit.

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2023 10:28 PM

His PhD program must not have been very difficult. Seems like he had an endless amount of time to stalk these girls for months at all hours of the day and night. And then plan a murder and make a ton of posts about it online.

by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2023 10:35 PM

It wouldn't have been difficult for anyone to figure out who slept in which bedroom. Early in this discussion we all pored over satellite photos and remarked on the amount of wooded cover near the house, it would have been easy enough for him to lurk around when it was dark, taking careful note of who was seen in which window, and compare the windows to the floor plans available on Zillow. He could also have crashed parties easily enough, and had a look inside.

Those poor kids, they thought they were living in a safe zone, they wouldn't have been careful about locking their doors, closing their curtains when it got dark out, or screening people who went in and out of the house. Are there any safe places left in the world, or in the US?

by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2023 10:40 PM

R160, I agree with you, but I guess my point was that none of that surveillance was necessary. All you had to do was look at the house and Maddie's bedroom was clearly labeled. I mention this because it's a really easy security precaution to take (making sure there are no personal identifiers on your bedroom window) and younger people especially might not think of it.

by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2023 10:51 PM

Are we sure that Maddie was the primary target, R161?

by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2023 11:02 PM

Did the father help?

by Anonymousreply 163January 10, 2023 11:03 PM

R162, no, we're not sure Maddie was the primary target. I'm also r158 and was saying I think Kaylee was the most likely target. Kaylee was visiting and they were best friends so heading to Maddie's room would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2023 12:37 AM

[Quote]Did the father help?

I believe he rendered the victims helpless by breathing his filthy, furry tooth breath in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote]r158 “I'm here to help you" is what you would say to get closer to someone who is wary of you.

It’s entirely possible Bryan Kohberger truly WAS there to help, then it all went horribly wrong.

Remember, we weren’t there. Innocent till proven guilty.

by Anonymousreply 166January 11, 2023 1:59 AM

R164. why are you assuming Kaylee was the primary target? Why is everyone? I've thought about it, and I think it's because she seemed to be the alpha female of the house, which isn't necessarily an accurate impression, and because her father was constantly in the press talking about Kaylee, Kaylee, Kaylee. Or maybe because she seemed to be the most obnoxious of an obnoxious bunch of kids.

I think it's more likely that Xana and/or Maddie were the intended targets, as I believe Kaylee was out of the area for at least part of the time that BK was stalking his victims. And Xana and Maddie were the ones who worked at a local restaurant, where they might have had to deal with BK's inappropriate conduct with female servers.

by Anonymousreply 167January 11, 2023 3:09 AM

[quote]R167 why are you assuming Kaylee was the primary target?

Didn’t she have the biggest tits?

by Anonymousreply 168January 11, 2023 3:14 AM

R167 The person who was probably Bryan said that Maddie and Xana were the targets. Poor Kaylee. She had thick thighs but she couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 169January 11, 2023 3:29 AM

R167, I don't think Xana was the target because if so, no need to risk going upstairs for Maddie and Kaylee. Maddie could have been the target but early reports stated that Kaylee had far worse injuries than the other kids. Kaylee was only in town for a short time and shared her location on social media, so I think he wanted her, but who knows. It really wasn't a great night to attack yet he did.

I also suspect Bryan saw Dylan in the hallway and didn't care. I think the others died because they could have potentially interfered with him killing his target by calling for help, but once he killed Kaylee that threat was gone.

by Anonymousreply 170January 11, 2023 4:02 AM

The fact that a DLer was obsessed with the fake "insider" sources on 4chan is not "so much evidence" that Bryan posted here. That doesn't really make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 171January 11, 2023 4:07 AM

If Kaylee and Maddie were in the same room it's possible he didn't know which of the two he was stabbing because maybe he only expected one of them in there or it could be she just had the worst injuries because she was the first and it just as he got tired and more worn out friends all the stabbing just didn't inflict wounds as bad on the others.

by Anonymousreply 172January 11, 2023 4:14 AM

[quote]r170 ] I don't think Xana was the target

What kind of a name is that?

Maybe the killer was a Xena fan, irked by the spelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 11, 2023 4:15 AM

I think he left the sheath deliberately to misdirect people to someone with a military background. He never a million years thought he left DNA on it.

by Anonymousreply 174January 11, 2023 4:21 AM

Was Xana one of the ones whose mother was a drug addict? Maybe she was named for Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 175January 11, 2023 4:23 AM

R171, I don't think BK posted here, I think the odds that BK posted on the cesspool that is 4chan are very good, but here? No, everything about BK screams "homophobe", straight men who need to feel superior to everyone else have a very easy time tipping into homophobia and racism, and of course raging sexism.

No, I think the guy who was all enthused about the "frat conspiracy" idea, which may have come from BK, was just some guy who was happy to believe he had inside info. Maybe the guy who came up with the conspiracy idea was BK himself, maybe it was some other dweeb from Idaho who was familiar with the locals, but it was what the 4Channers wanted to believe. They really hate frat boys.

by Anonymousreply 176January 11, 2023 4:53 AM

BK’s going forward with the killings under very bad conditions suggests Kaylee might have been a target.

She was only there for the weekend, then off to TEXAS for good.

I will get flamed for this, but Kaylee had a very in-your-face, cheap and tawdry vibe in all the photos I’ve seen. You see photos like that and immediately think, “gee, that poor kid is going to attract crazies.”

I think we have to assume InsideLooking was attempting to misdirect with some of his posts (saying Xana and Maddie were the targets.)

by Anonymousreply 177January 11, 2023 6:04 AM

Apparently they found all kinds of embarrassing shit in Bryan’s house linked to the victims and their families.

by Anonymousreply 178January 11, 2023 8:27 AM

R178 Where did you get that info, or are you speculating that he stole some of the victims’ personal items because there is a felony burglary charge against him?

by Anonymousreply 179January 11, 2023 9:12 AM

That poor girl who saw him is tarnished for life. She is cursed with bad luck. Hopefully she can smile someday. What a tragedy. I think she will wrestle with thoughts and guilt of why she didn't help them all her life. For being a sad scared friend.

by Anonymousreply 180January 11, 2023 10:40 AM

[quote]why are you assuming Kaylee was the primary target? Why is everyone? I've thought about it, and I think it's because she seemed to be the alpha female of the house, which isn't necessarily an accurate impression, and because her father was constantly in the press talking about Kaylee, Kaylee, Kaylee. Or maybe because she seemed to be the most obnoxious of an obnoxious bunch of kids.

I saw on a Reddit discussion some people who were familiar with them said that Maddie was the more alpha of the two and more suspicious of men being creepy. Like if BK had encountered then out in public and was acting weird, Maddie would have been more aggressive with telling him to back off and go away. Which could have made him more angry at her specifically and more of a target.

by Anonymousreply 181January 11, 2023 10:44 AM

[quote]That poor girl who saw him is tarnished for life. She is cursed with bad luck.

I think she has exceptionally good luck.

by Anonymousreply 182January 11, 2023 10:46 AM

I found a home for the Bryan groupies this morning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 11, 2023 10:52 AM

"I think she will wrestle with thoughts and guilt of why she didn't help them all her life."

I don't think there was anything she could have done to help them, she was small and unarmed, and if she'd tried to stop the slasher psycho herself, there would have been five victims instead of four. And if she'd called the cops, what are the odds that small-town podunk cops would have been able to catch or arrest the slasher, or even shoot him accurately in a dark house?

None of which would stop a normal person from being tormented by guilt feelings under these circumstances, even though there was no way an unarmed person who didn't know how to fight could have saved her friends. The mind *wants* to feel guilty, because the alternative is admitting helplessness. The guilt is at least partly a way of keeping hope alive, that there was *something* that could have been done.

by Anonymousreply 184January 11, 2023 10:56 AM

The only thing that I am curious about is why it took her so long to call the police — but I could imagine she was simply petrified. Maybe once she heard enough people outside, she dared to venture out of her room? I don’t blame the poor thing for anything.

by Anonymousreply 185January 11, 2023 11:44 AM

Is it possible she didn’t have her phone with her or maybe it wasn’t charged? I can see why she wouldn’t want to leave her room…she had no idea who was there or how many intruders.

by Anonymousreply 186January 11, 2023 1:07 PM

R179 Burglary means entering a residence with the intent to commit a felony. I don’t think anything needs to be stolen.

by Anonymousreply 187January 11, 2023 1:09 PM

[quote]That poor girl who saw him is tarnished for life. She is cursed with bad luck. [quote]I think she has exceptionally good luck.

I have to agree with the second statement. She was very, very lucky that night.

She is very young and this experience is severely traumatic, but she at least has the benefit of years of therapy, personal care and further maturity to help her along. With support she should be able to live a fairly normal life; the case will always hang over her but if she stays out of the spotlight she'll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 188January 11, 2023 2:23 PM

That Reddit thread is f****** crazy they have a whole thread about Dylan supposedly hooking up with Brian and that that now debunked audio proves that she's a liar like what the f*** is wrong with these people. I hope they're on some sort of watch list or I don't know some sort of mass suicide happens maybe maybe somebody can go over there and talk them into that as a way to like free Brian soul or something that they should all mess suicide themselves.

by Anonymousreply 189January 11, 2023 2:38 PM

R159- I was wondering the same thing. Most PhD students are sleep-deprived and overextended just from the normal workload. Unless that was "research."

by Anonymousreply 190January 11, 2023 2:45 PM

Spotted the newb at r189.

You can say fuck here, dear.

by Anonymousreply 191January 11, 2023 2:46 PM

[quote]I think he left the sheath deliberately to misdirect people to someone with a military background. He never a million years thought he left DNA on it.

He was a criminology student. He would know anything he touched would have his DNA on it. He wouldn’t be that stupid to intentionally leave something that can be traced to him at a crime scene.

by Anonymousreply 192January 11, 2023 2:47 PM

R191 I know but when I use voice to text it automatically censors me.

by Anonymousreply 193January 11, 2023 2:54 PM

[quote]He wouldn’t be that stupid to intentionally leave something that can be traced to him at a crime scene.

You're probably right about that. I wonder if he kept the murder weapon as a memento?

by Anonymousreply 194January 11, 2023 2:54 PM

Really, r193? I actually find that pretty cool. Idk why.

by Anonymousreply 195January 11, 2023 2:57 PM

My first instinct is to always say "surely he wasn't dumb enough to..." and then I stop myself because I remember all the stuff he WAS dumb enough to do, and it gives me pause. That's a roundabout way of me saying that hell yeah, there's a good chance he kept that knife.

by Anonymousreply 196January 11, 2023 2:59 PM

If I was the surviving girl I would quit school and plan to write a book about the murders. Guaranteed best-seller.

by Anonymousreply 197January 11, 2023 3:08 PM

Yes, get that money gurl.

You’ll need it to pay for a lifetime of security.

by Anonymousreply 198January 11, 2023 3:32 PM

R197 she might as well and she's going to be stalked by crazy internet psychos for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 199January 11, 2023 3:34 PM

R192- You would think. But he clearly isn't the ripest apple in the shed.

by Anonymousreply 200January 11, 2023 3:38 PM

R183 I checked out that sub. What a bunch of fucking creeps. Enjoy doing that, guys, the rest of us will all just get laid.

by Anonymousreply 201January 11, 2023 4:21 PM

I don't understand how one person with a knife could overpower two people in their 20s without either one of them escaping or screaming loud enough for the others to hear.

by Anonymousreply 202January 11, 2023 4:56 PM

More on forensic genealogy ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 11, 2023 6:36 PM

Jesus r202, we’ve covered it a thousand times by now. Go back to the beginning and read.

by Anonymousreply 204January 11, 2023 7:10 PM

R179, it’s in the official request to seal the info about evidence collected. The judge granted it. Ashleigh Banfield actually discussed the entire thing on her show two nights ago.

by Anonymousreply 205January 11, 2023 7:43 PM

Thanks R205. I thought the burglary charge was for breaking and entering to commit felony murder, and that the charge was not necessarily related to theft.

by Anonymousreply 206January 11, 2023 7:47 PM

The sealed search warrant. Bryan had shit on the families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 11, 2023 7:48 PM

I've been keeping up with the threads and the news. I still think it's hard to imagine how one guy stabbed 4 young adults to death in a house that was probably unfamiliar to him.

I would guess he stabbed people in the abdomen.

by Anonymousreply 208January 11, 2023 7:53 PM

R207 What do you mean he had shit on the families? Like info about the Goldmans 2.0 and the other ones? wow

by Anonymousreply 209January 11, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote]Bryan has shit on the families.

That’s speculation on your part R207.

by Anonymousreply 210January 11, 2023 8:37 PM

R210, it’s speculation but you can read between the lines. The fact that they say that there is detrimental info related to/on the families and this was part of what they found in his apartment is very telling. I wouldn’t doubt for a second that he was keeping tabs on these people. He’d have to. You can’t just randomly find a house and know the time to go in. Watch the video.

by Anonymousreply 211January 11, 2023 8:52 PM

If he was after the one victim and somehow knew that this was his last opportunity to get her before he left, he would have had to REALLY know her private info.

by Anonymousreply 212January 11, 2023 8:53 PM

He probably paid Radaris or one of those sites where you can pull up records on people.

by Anonymousreply 213January 11, 2023 8:54 PM

Banfield brings up the possibility that he may have taken pictures through the window. I wonder if that stalker thing was true. It sounded a bit random and like it was about one of their extended friends though. If Bryan was indeed in the area prior, people would have had to remember him. It’s not a big place.

by Anonymousreply 214January 11, 2023 8:56 PM

[quote]If he was after the one victim and somehow knew that this was his last opportunity to get her before he left, he would have had to REALLY know her private info.

They all posted their whereabouts daily on Instagram. It wouldn’t have been hard to stalk them.

by Anonymousreply 215January 11, 2023 9:00 PM

If it turns out he heavily cyberstalked them, look for a sea change in how young people, particularly college females, organize their posting habits. No more posting about your whereabouts or travels, until *after* you've left a place or completed your trip. No more posting from coffee shops or cafes, while you're in there hanging around. No more posting exterior shots of your home that could identify your exact address or location.

by Anonymousreply 216January 11, 2023 9:11 PM

Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 217January 11, 2023 9:13 PM

R216, these kinds of stalking incidents have been happening for years with the advent of social media. Nothing has changed the culture yet, this won’t either.

by Anonymousreply 218January 11, 2023 9:14 PM

Yeah, R216, people have been telling the whole world not to put their whole lives on social media, because burglars really do look for people who are posting details of their vacations, stalkers look at where girls are at any given moment, and pedos look at mommy-blog posts for jerkoff material or potential victims.

It's had no effect so far, people think it can't happen to them.

by Anonymousreply 219January 11, 2023 9:17 PM

But has there been so public a multi-person brutal murder like this, that is potentially based perhaps solely on cyberstalking and cybersleuthing? With this much publicity. I can see it perhaps getting some younger, more careful people to change habits. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 220January 11, 2023 9:21 PM

This is purely a guess -- what if the police found a lot of drugs in the house? How do they keep that quiet so as not to interfere with their real priority, proving Bryan murdered them beyond any doubt?

by Anonymousreply 221January 11, 2023 9:45 PM

R221, I am *certain* they found drugs. Come on! I partied my fucking ass off at that age, and I had oodles of drugs and paraphernalia literally everywhere you looked. Two of them have mothers in jail for drugs, one of them is named Xana!!! All tied to the Greeks, you think there were no drugs in that house? It’s almost guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 222January 11, 2023 9:55 PM

Yeah, I really don't think that getting college students on drugs is a priority for the police. They are there to solve a serious murder.

by Anonymousreply 223January 11, 2023 9:57 PM

They could have Colombian-sized stashes of coke, mountains of fentanyl and oodles of meth in the house. All of which is irrelevant with regards to whether BK killed them or not.

by Anonymousreply 224January 11, 2023 10:23 PM

It is irrelevant, but does it have to be on a list that's given to the jury of the contents of the house? People can be so strange - they may think that the presence of a lot of drugs might mean it was really a Mexican cartel who framed this poor guy, and who knows if scientists can really match dna, yada yada. I can't get the O. J. Simpson and Casey Anthony trials out of my mind. Plant the slightest hint of doubt... and there you go, amIright, Johnnie Cochran?

by Anonymousreply 225January 12, 2023 1:48 AM

OJ Simpson was a celebrity who no one wanted to believe committed that crime. Jurors were looking for anything to not convict him.

This dude is no OJ Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 226January 12, 2023 1:51 AM

I'm guessing that any drugs found in the house, especially a large quantity, would be admissible as evidence. The prosecutor could rebut: if it was a Mexican cartel, why did they leave the drugs behind? So, the logic could go both ways. I'd say drugs would be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 227January 12, 2023 2:27 AM

jesus h fucking christ, with the drug angle/cartel trolls.

He was a sociopath who stalked them for months, finally seizing the opportunity to kill.

by Anonymousreply 228January 12, 2023 2:48 AM

R228 works for the cartel.

..../s

by Anonymousreply 229January 12, 2023 2:57 AM

R229 works for Fox News

by Anonymousreply 230January 12, 2023 2:59 AM

Lol, I think it is likely there were tons of drugs, AND the drugs have nothing to do with this case, AND there are people dumb enough to believe the drugs matter.

by Anonymousreply 231January 12, 2023 3:24 AM

OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 12, 2023 3:25 AM

I doubt there was a ton of the drugs in the house when the police arrived!

It was Sunday morning, most of the available drugs would have been used the night before.

by Anonymousreply 233January 12, 2023 3:30 AM

My theory is the girl who saw him in the hallway was so high that she went into the closet and probably fell asleep. Not knowing if it was real.

by Anonymousreply 234January 12, 2023 4:23 AM

If you ever have trouble figuring out why somebody did something just remember that people can be stupid and they can also be crazy. That should clear up all confusion.

by Anonymousreply 235January 12, 2023 4:31 AM

R220 There was a guy who killed his family because over his obsession with a cam model, that's the closest thing I can think of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 12, 2023 4:35 AM

Kohberger goes for a status conference hearing tomorrow morning. I'm thinking it's going to be routine stuff but still want to see.

by Anonymousreply 237January 12, 2023 4:47 AM

I agree with R233. These are students, they may have a few drugs for their own use but I highly fucking doubt it was some big drug house. When I was in school we always had weed and sometimes had blow, and not a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 238January 12, 2023 4:48 AM

Again, if one of those kids was bringing by a used pickup truck to show off, these kids did NOT have drug house or drug dealer money.

by Anonymousreply 239January 12, 2023 5:09 AM

R232- Jfc, she's disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 240January 12, 2023 6:45 AM

R74 Me. Dogs and a loaded weapon within reach.

by Anonymousreply 241January 12, 2023 7:06 AM

[quote]R240 Jfc, she's disturbed.

Disturbed? Ms. Grace is following the case, just like you are.

by Anonymousreply 242January 12, 2023 7:16 AM

He was admitted to an eating disorder clinic in 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243January 12, 2023 7:40 AM

R342, we don’t have our fat asses parked outside the house. lol

by Anonymousreply 244January 12, 2023 7:41 AM

The two search warrants are sealed. We DO NOT KNOW that there was "all kinds of embarrassing shit in Bryan’s house linked to the victims and their families."

Ashleigh Banfield and her guests may have some speculation on what "embarrassing stuff" Bryan had in his apartment, but no one knows what it is, and NO, the request to seal the search warrants do NOT say there is embarrassing material on the victims and families that needs to be hidden.

I've linked to a news article with the requests in them, so you can read for yourself.

People need to remember that there are a LOT of jackasses on here who are telling you their opinion and passing it off as fact. There is speculation that these warrants are sealed until March 1st because of things that will embarrass the family members, but we do not know that for sure, and anyone telling you otherwise is lying to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 12, 2023 9:07 AM

[quote]Ms. Grace is following the case, just like you are.

No one on here is following the case like Nancy Grace is.

by Anonymousreply 246January 12, 2023 9:09 AM

Grace in your face!

by Anonymousreply 247January 12, 2023 10:54 AM

[quote]People need to remember that there are a LOT of jackasses on here who are telling you their opinion and passing it off as fact.

I will never understand why those people confidently state their theories and opinions as fact. It drives me mad and it always happens. They would make awful detectives because the number 1 rule is to not assume anything, keep an open mind and stick to the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 248January 12, 2023 11:00 AM

[quote]My theory is the girl who saw him in the hallway was so high that she went into the closet and probably fell asleep. Not knowing if it was real.

The defense will definitely be raising that to discredit her, if this goes to trial.

by Anonymousreply 249January 12, 2023 12:21 PM

[quote][R74] Me. Dogs and a loaded weapon within reach.

Great. That doesn’t mean if an intruder got the drop on you in the middle of the night that either of those things guarantee your survival. And these were college kids who I’m sure had a possible deranged intruder as the least of their thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 250January 12, 2023 3:33 PM

Prelim hearing set for June 26. He waived his right to a speedy preliminary hearing. I know nothing about law or Idaho law but to me it looks like defense wants a long time to figure out how to approach this because there is a lot of evidence.

Cuts on his face from shaving? People are saying looks like he shaved his eyebrows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 12, 2023 4:01 PM

Also, these kids had a dog, so…..I love when people criticize murder victims for not saving themselves. Tool.

by Anonymousreply 252January 12, 2023 4:01 PM

Yes, it's classic victim blaming. Just remember that people blame the victim because they don't want to think or believe that it could happen to them (it absolutely could).

by Anonymousreply 253January 12, 2023 4:14 PM

R242- I see your "Ms. Grace" and raise you "an upright bowl of haggis in a blonde sheitel."

by Anonymousreply 254January 12, 2023 4:19 PM

That's insane at r232. Whose property is she on - the neighbors? Would she have to pay the neighbors to get her seat there (the yellow police tape is right behind her).

Get ready for a boatload of La Nancy over the coming many months.

by Anonymousreply 255January 12, 2023 4:47 PM

A ton of Dunning-Kruger going on in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 256January 12, 2023 4:58 PM

It was a fucking Land Rover !!!

by Anonymousreply 257January 12, 2023 5:16 PM

I had no idea she had such huge funbags.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258January 12, 2023 7:14 PM

She looked entitled the whole time, hands on hips the whole time, when talking to the police about noise complaints. The cop should have issued a citation.

by Anonymousreply 259January 12, 2023 7:24 PM

That dress is NOT flattering.

by Anonymousreply 260January 12, 2023 9:01 PM

Phrenology…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 12, 2023 9:40 PM

This is creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 12, 2023 10:57 PM

He looks like an angry bird.

by Anonymousreply 263January 12, 2023 11:47 PM

[quote]I had no idea she had such huge funbags.

Yeah, she definitely would have had a LOT of straight men wanting to date her (attractive face too, although not skinny). Kohberger doing this because he was an entitled incel would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 264January 13, 2023 12:08 AM

To us, she looks sadly trashy in that police video, with her fried hair, glaringly bad makeup, false eyelashes that look like they were made from a blown-out tire, a horrible unflattering stretch dress that was probably bought online because fit doesn't matter with stretch material. Just a small-town girl trying to look like a Kardashian, with the budget of someone who dyed her own hair in the sink.

To a straight man, they see great big tits, and the sort of trashy look that indicates free beer and easy lays. They'd have loved her!

by Anonymousreply 265January 13, 2023 12:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 13, 2023 12:20 AM

Pic above is of a former classmate who says that Kohberger was fixated on her and kept trying to date her. She was a cheerleader - looks like a very similar type with big funbags as well.

by Anonymousreply 267January 13, 2023 12:20 AM

R267 She looks like Linda Blair.

by Anonymousreply 268January 13, 2023 2:12 AM

I wanted to upload the image to imgbb but the DM only lets you save it as an AVIF file - if anyone knows of an easy way to save as a jpeg, let me know.

by Anonymousreply 269January 13, 2023 2:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 13, 2023 2:20 AM

[quote] Prelim hearing

This isn’t a text message, hon.

by Anonymousreply 271January 13, 2023 2:33 AM

Neighbors have reportedly said that Bryan did date and hooked up with girls. This is probably going to turn into Columbine with all the fictional narratives that this was a bullied person who snapped. Some people just want to see what killing feels like. It’s that simple. I’m sure he has a few screws loose. I’m not sure we’ll ever find a definitive answer as to why he did it or an answer that makes sense. Maybe we will. There’s a rumor that he dated one of the girls. I somehow doubt that. He was so much older than these people and wasn’t living in the area.

by Anonymousreply 272January 13, 2023 2:36 AM

This was a thrill kill, plus BK wanted to prove to himself that he could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 273January 13, 2023 2:40 AM

[quite]I had no idea she had such huge funbags.

Hence her classy 4-chan moniker “Titties”, R258 :|

by Anonymousreply 274January 13, 2023 2:52 AM

^^Goddamnit - quote fail! (and I accidentally upvoted myself, too… fuck me.)

by Anonymousreply 275January 13, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote]…false eyelashes that look like they were made from a blown-out tire…

GURLLLL…

by Anonymousreply 276January 13, 2023 3:18 AM

[quote] To a straight man, they see great big tits, and the sort of trashy look that indicates free beer and easy lays. They'd have loved her!

Opinions may vary on that.

by Anonymousreply 277January 13, 2023 3:32 AM

These guys typically don't want women in their league though, they're resentful they don't get the hot women. Anyway, nobody knows yet why he did it.

by Anonymousreply 278January 13, 2023 3:35 AM

R278, enough with the incel nonsense. This guy was hunting for sport.

by Anonymousreply 279January 13, 2023 3:40 AM

Sorry if I actually read this on here instead of getting it off youtube - but there was that interview with the girl who went out with Bryan after meeting him on Tinder - they went to the cinema and then he talked her into letting him go back to her dorm and pick a dvd to watch. She was going along but said he started touching her. She said why are you touching me? He said I'M NOT touching you. And repeated it a time or two. She freaked and got him to leave - I guess being a dorm there were people around - this was Pennsylvania

by Anonymousreply 280January 13, 2023 4:15 AM

[quote]R273 BK wanted to prove to himself that he could get away with it.

It’s always so tragic to see the dreams of youth dashed.

by Anonymousreply 281January 13, 2023 4:19 AM

Here is the latest from Bryan Kohberger's hearing. No bail. Preliminary hearing set for June 26th. It is expected to last 4 to 5 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282January 13, 2023 4:25 AM

Brian Laundrie, Bryan Kohberger, Brian Walshe. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 283January 13, 2023 5:14 AM

Brian Williams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284January 13, 2023 5:35 AM

I think when she and Maddie hung out in public, Kaylee probably attracted a lot of male attention due to her large rack and Kardashian body. And Maddie was probably more reserved and tried to get them both away from the creepier ones. That combination probably really pissed someone like BK off.

by Anonymousreply 285January 13, 2023 10:36 AM

No, Kaylee was less attractive than Madison.

by Anonymousreply 286January 13, 2023 1:03 PM

That's a matter of opinion r286.

Xana was rather pretty, as is Dylan the surviving roommate. I don't know that you'd call any of the young women "hot". They were all attractive to varying degrees, but imo their bouncy youthfulness as seen in their social media postings is something that draws people in. They all seemed to love a party and a good time, all the time, the kind of crowd that people like to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 287January 13, 2023 2:21 PM

I still think Madison is the one who told creeper Bryan to fuck off at some point, and she was his primary target.

by Anonymousreply 288January 13, 2023 2:31 PM

None of those girls were all that. Basic at best with the long dyed-blond hair, false eyelashes, big tits, and too-tight clothing on figures that actually weren't that great. They were probably cunts to any interested guys they didn't like. And, to be clear, they didn't deserve to be murdered, but I'm glad I didn't live next door to their party house.

by Anonymousreply 289January 13, 2023 3:19 PM

In the police body cam video during the noise complaints, you can see the JBL Partybox tower speaker right by the sliding glass door. Those things are 1000 watts and they cost nearly $1000. It seems as if most of the neighbors were also college students, and many probably appreciated the signal that a party was going on. But if there were any neighbors who weren't students, then I feel bad for them.

The body cam videos are funny. In one, two young women answer the door and tell the police that they don't know who owns/rents the house. (That's possible.). They say they'll go back in the house and ask around to find out who owns it. No one comes back to the door for ten minutes. While waiting, the police find some cartons of cold Truly, open the cans, and dump them out. Two men come to the door and explain that the renters who live in the house aren't actually home right now. So the police man points out that if the residents aren't home then all these guests must be trespassing. Then one of the young men comes up with the bright idea to call one of the residents. He calls Madison. She answers, and he hands the phone to an officer. (She could actually be taking the call from inside the house.) The police get her name and birthdate and then give her a verbal warning about noise over the phone.

I hated college. The whole social atmosphere revolved around alcohol. The parties were Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I was surprised that so many people were able to graduate without needing some kind of alcohol rehab program.

by Anonymousreply 290January 13, 2023 3:51 PM

The police just dumped out their cans of Truly? WTF? Do you mean they dumped the contents of the bottles - or just turned the box over and dumped the cans out, looking for pot or something? Is that even legal?

by Anonymousreply 291January 13, 2023 4:43 PM

I'm so glad Kohberger waived his right to challenge his arrest on four counts of first-degree murder so he could be exonerated quickly.

See you in six months, berger. You won't be rare.

by Anonymousreply 292January 13, 2023 5:02 PM

Kaylee was the hottest by a long shot

by Anonymousreply 293January 13, 2023 5:35 PM

R280 it was even weirder, he messaged her after the fact saying "you have good birthing hips", bragged about being able to get with any girl he wants, he was trying to tickle her, and invited himself over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 13, 2023 5:37 PM

The false eyelashes looked horrible.

by Anonymousreply 295January 13, 2023 5:41 PM

He has such creepy, intense eyes. Imagine seeing that coming down the hallway by your bedroom, in the dark, in the middle of the night, in all black with a mask on, after you hear someone crying in your house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 13, 2023 6:00 PM

Indeed, R295, but a lot of straight men like the cheap and trashy look that Kaylee and some of the other roommates had.

by Anonymousreply 297January 13, 2023 6:00 PM

Xana was beautiful. Kind of a natural, Ali MacGraw thing.

by Anonymousreply 298January 13, 2023 6:11 PM

Straight guy at R293 says Kaylee was the hottest, but I keep getting confused about which blonde was which, partly because so many stories and posts keep interchanging their names. Madison and Kaylee were both blonds, roomates, BFFs since childhood. But which is which? Which is the one with the big boobs? Which is the thinner one? Which is the one who was just visiting to show off her car and was leaving the state? Which is the one with the crazy dad that keeps talking to media? Which is the one who worked with Xala at the Greek food place? Help! I feel bad and guilty that I can't keep them separate even though I've reading all these threads!

by Anonymousreply 299January 13, 2023 6:52 PM

Remember photos and videos add 10-15 pounds at least. So, in person, these girls were stunning and likely didn't photograph as well due to their large assets, which men (straight) adore.

by Anonymousreply 300January 13, 2023 6:53 PM

R299. Madison is the thinner one, who also worked Xana. The answer to your other questions is Kaylee.

by Anonymousreply 301January 13, 2023 6:54 PM

I actually think the most pretty and attractive of all the girls in the house was one of the surviving roommates. If you see her in the photos with them all, she is very striking, but all these girls were really beautiful and popular and alluring to people their age. They were living lives of joy and social experiences and love and lust we can only dream of. They would have had happy lives, as basic bitches, but to be honest, in terms of happiness in life, there might be nothing better. It is tragic this was stolen from them for what was likely a stupid reason.

by Anonymousreply 302January 13, 2023 6:56 PM

Thanks R301. I think I had them completely mixed up! I thought Kaylee was the one with the large breasts was still living in the house and worked with X. Oh, well. I think many posters have transposed their names.

by Anonymousreply 303January 13, 2023 6:58 PM

[quote] I thought Kaylee was the one with the large breasts

Kaylee *is* the one with the large breasts and talkative dad.

In the photo where one girl is sitting on the other girl's shoulders, Kaylee is the one on the bottom. Madison is the skinnier one sitting on top of Kaylee's shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 304January 13, 2023 7:01 PM

Of the ones I've seen, I think survivor Dylan is the prettiest. Whose life might be shit from now on because she didn't call 911 in time for maybe a stab victim to be saved.

I can't remember seeing a picture of the other survivor.

by Anonymousreply 305January 13, 2023 7:17 PM

Shut the fuck up r305, you give places like DL a bad name. From everything that LEO released, their injuries were *mortal* and they could not have been saved. So maybe you should try using your brain before you start typing out posts for all the world to see? Gawd, how fucked up you are for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 306January 13, 2023 7:24 PM

This channel (10tolife, good channel) has a clip from Banfield that I can't find anywhere, nor can I find the article referenced. It is apparently 35 pages and gives a vivid description of the crime scene and the first responders reaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307January 13, 2023 7:27 PM

Strangely enough, I find Ethan the cutest of the housemates.

by Anonymousreply 308January 13, 2023 7:27 PM

R308 that's probably because you're a gay man (or a frau). Key here is to try to understand what Kohberger was into.

by Anonymousreply 309January 13, 2023 7:32 PM

You mean 'Kaylee *was* the one with the large breasts and the talkative dad, R304.

by Anonymousreply 310January 13, 2023 7:33 PM

[quote] all these girls were really beautiful and popular and alluring to people their age. They were living lives of joy and social experiences and love and lust we can only dream of.

MARY.

by Anonymousreply 311January 13, 2023 7:35 PM

^exactly what I was going to post.

by Anonymousreply 312January 13, 2023 7:39 PM

I enjoyed that 'we' as well.

by Anonymousreply 313January 13, 2023 7:39 PM

Can we stop for a moment to give a thought to the other men out there named Bryan Kohburger? There can't be more than one. Can you imagine the bullshit he's going through with a name like that?

by Anonymousreply 314January 13, 2023 7:42 PM

Sorry R306. I shouldn't have said that. I hope the autopsy reports, when they come out, make that clear.

by Anonymousreply 315January 13, 2023 7:44 PM

I want the autopsy reports NOW. I’ll bet Kaylee’s rack was NOT natural.

by Anonymousreply 316January 13, 2023 8:23 PM

It is plausible that she had padded bras - a lot of women do and then straight men get disappointed when they see the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 317January 13, 2023 8:25 PM

Kaylees boobs were typical of someone her size / build. She wasn’t skinny.

by Anonymousreply 318January 13, 2023 8:26 PM

R318 I checked the video out again and her bra definitely looks padded.

by Anonymousreply 319January 13, 2023 8:32 PM

Kaylee looked great in all her highly-touted, and very circulated instagram photos, but it's clear those were probably from a summer trip right after she graduated HS.

In that noise complaint video, she looked terrible in that Heinz 57 Sauce-colored, polyester TJ Maxx dress, tits sagging, gut on display,etc. She was losing her looks, and hurtling toward the tit-cow looks of her sister and her Mama.

For the movie;

Adam Driver as Bryan Gaten Mazzarano as Ethan Sydney Sweeney as Dylan Kristen Stewart as Xana Michael Cera as Jack DuCouer Bijou Phillips as Xana's Druggie Mom Gerald McRaney as Chief Fry Soleil Moon-Frye as Ashley Banfield Claire Danes as Maddie's Druggie Mom Kirsten Dunst as Maddie Esai Morales as Steve Goncalves Elisabeth Moss as Kaylee Goncalves Lens Dunham as Kaylee's media savvy sister Jeremy Piven as Brian Entin Better Midler as Mama Goncalves Jonah Hill as Mr. Kohberger

by Anonymousreply 320January 13, 2023 9:48 PM

R320, I wish you had formatted that better, but hats off to your casting of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 321January 13, 2023 9:55 PM

Uggh. Adam Driver as Bryan. Also, I can't format for shit on here.

by Anonymousreply 322January 13, 2023 9:56 PM

Listen, R320, if you don’t give Tori Spelling a role in this, the United Forces of DataLounge will NEVER forgive you. I’m serious!

Can she play a Nancy Grace-like reporter? ANYTHING!

by Anonymousreply 323January 13, 2023 10:01 PM

Okay, let's try that again:

Adam Driver as Bryan

Gaten Mazzarano as Ethan

Sydney Sweeney as Dylan

Kristen Stewart as Xana

Michael Cera as Jack DuCouer

Bijou Phillips as Xana's Druggie Mom

Gerald McRaney as Chief Fry

Soleil Moon-Frye as Ashley Banfield

Claire Danes as Maddie's Druggie Mom

Kirsten Dunst as Maddie

Esai Morales as Steve Goncalves

Elisabeth Moss as Kaylee Goncalves

Lens Dunham as Kaylee's media savvy sister

Jeremy Piven as Brian Entin

Better Midler as Mama Goncalves

Jonah Hill as Mr. Kohberger

Tori Spelling as Nancy Grace

by Anonymousreply 324January 13, 2023 10:08 PM

Jonah Hill would not accept the role, based on teeth, alone.

Lens Dunham as sister is a good pick.

by Anonymousreply 325January 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Thank you. We’ll be in touch.

by Anonymousreply 326January 13, 2023 10:14 PM

Also; for real world perspective... Zosia Mamet as true crime-obsessed Redditor/Cat Mommy

by Anonymousreply 327January 13, 2023 10:40 PM

Who will play Bryan’s DataLounge groupie/advocate who crashes the girls’ memorial service?

Can Andy Dick clean himself up by the start date?

by Anonymousreply 328January 13, 2023 10:43 PM

r324, Kaylee Goncalves and her boobs are the real stars of this movie and cannot be played by dour, flat-chested handmaiden Elisabeth Moss. Elisabeth Moss is also 40 and so is Kristen Dunst so she cannot play Maddie.

Yes to Sydney Sweeney but she plays Kaylee and maybe Lily-Rose Depp could be Maddie.

by Anonymousreply 329January 13, 2023 11:32 PM

Kaley Cuoco as Kaylee.

by Anonymousreply 330January 13, 2023 11:43 PM

Kaley Cuoco is 37 and Kaylee was Goncalves 21. It's like no one has seen a new show or movie in 15 years so all of your references are from 2007.

by Anonymousreply 331January 14, 2023 12:05 AM

I think the casting guy was trying to make a little joke, casting middle-aged people as these rather rough-looking 20-year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 332January 14, 2023 12:08 AM

So what, R331? Kaley Cuoco looks young for her age and Kaylee looked older. Cuoco could totally pull it off. They even look somewhat alike.

by Anonymousreply 333January 14, 2023 12:08 AM

I don't know enough actors in their 20s (hell, even 30s) to cast the thing. If they get Bryan right, I doubt it much matters about the others.

by Anonymousreply 334January 14, 2023 12:12 AM

Obviously. a lot of the casting choices are facetious. Moss as Kaylee is hilar.. Paramount + would greenlight.

It's no less ridiculous than Travolta and ONJ playing high school students in "Grease".

by Anonymousreply 335January 14, 2023 12:54 AM

Saying that casting comments made me realize that a law and order probably the sexy crimes one is going to have an episode from this surely.

by Anonymousreply 336January 14, 2023 1:55 AM

[quote]r336 A Law & Order (probably the sexy crimes one) is going to have an episode from this surely.

Our client is available.

Can she be paid now?

by Anonymousreply 337January 14, 2023 2:24 AM

R115 Who wants to come in and get YOU? Sitting there en suite in your hood damned caftan.

by Anonymousreply 338January 14, 2023 2:39 AM

After browsing the subreddit for this case, it's clear to me that a huge part of the whole "True crime" thing, is really just public, hive-mind virtue-signalling. They didn't know these kids. Yet, here they are saying shit like "they were four BEAUTIFUL Souls... Four beautiful souls, who woke up the whole World" (actual quote).

Between that, and Reddit's carefully pruning and guarding their reputation in the mainstream media, it's a tad distasteful.

by Anonymousreply 339January 14, 2023 3:13 AM

I hate to say this, but you know who could play the killer well? Evan Peters. Obviously, he wouldn’t do it after Dahmer, but he actually has the chops to capture BK.

by Anonymousreply 340January 14, 2023 3:34 AM

Jason Biggs. Yes, he's 44, but it would still work.

by Anonymousreply 341January 14, 2023 3:37 AM

Jason Alexander, Jodi Arias's boyfriend who she murdered, was whitewashed in the media. He was in MLM. I don't think he treated her very well. He seemed like a douchebag. At least one of the jurors believed he was abusive to Arias and I think that's why she was spared the death penalty.

Jodi Arias was a psychopath and there was no excuse for killing him.

The media can't trust people to see gray areas, so everything's black and white, good and bad.

by Anonymousreply 342January 14, 2023 3:47 AM

R342 His name was Travis Alexander. Jason Alexander is George Costanza.

by Anonymousreply 343January 14, 2023 5:00 AM

The actor who plays Spyro on “Billions” should play BK.

by Anonymousreply 344January 14, 2023 5:05 AM

[quote]R342 [Travis] Alexander, Jodi Arias's boyfriend who she murdered, was whitewashed in the media. He was in MLM. I don't think he treated her very well.

He was also a Mormon. HIGH creep factor.

by Anonymousreply 345January 14, 2023 5:25 AM

[quote]He has such creepy, intense eyes.

For a while on the r/MoscowMurders subreddit there were just tons and tons of comments about how normal he looked, and I don't agree at all, I think he looks like a creep. He looks like the kind of guy you'd suddenly spot in the corner of a room, staring at someone.

by Anonymousreply 346January 14, 2023 5:42 AM

[quote] I think he looks like a creep.

As do most college boys. Doesn't mean they are mass murderers. I'm still waiting for some hard evidence before I convict ..

by Anonymousreply 347January 14, 2023 6:02 AM

I think he looks a bit creepy but also can be seen as relatively normal. He seemed to come from a normal middle class family, was a doctoral student. Those types can always be a bit weird and intense.

He dressed normally, was clean-shaven, no tats. Lived in a middle-class apartment, drove a decent car. He wasn't some drooling, addled crazy guy, in and out of a mental ward, who people would avoid as potential, possible slasher/killer. That's what people mean when they say he seemed 'normal'.

by Anonymousreply 348January 14, 2023 6:03 AM

He's no Bundy who was a helluva looker but watching him for any length of time his outrageous arrogance and inability to live in reality would jump out at you. Bryan's not as good looking as Bundy so he's developed differently - he's able to be personable (as the doctor visit showed after the murders, and a doctor who'd never been impressed with someone said how much she really liked him.)

But his demons made his so bitchy - he talked about that in his 17 year old diary or whatever age but a long time ago -- he said he was a bastard and treated his family like garbage. Also had trouble with dissociation, I think it's called, something about blurry vision and losing his sense of self? I think they used to call it schizophrenia but that concept is going out of style. When he isn't using effort to charm (like the doctor visit), I think he looks very autistic or someone with tunnel vision - oh I can't describe it, but yes, sometimes very very creepy. Probably that's when his inner demons are eating him up.

by Anonymousreply 349January 14, 2023 6:09 AM

About the fading out of schizophrenia as a diagnosis by clinicians:

The DSM-IV subtypes of schizophrenia (i.e., paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual types) are eliminated due to their limited diagnostic stability, low reliability, and poor validity.

by Anonymousreply 350January 14, 2023 6:13 AM

No, he really looks like a creep. Why? It’s several things, his body language, he snappy facial emotions that change on/off, his actual facial expressions in context feels emotionally off. And hearing from multiple women how he made them feel? Women are much better at spotting this type of behavior because the general public understands offender behavior now. He was touching a date, she asked him to stop, he says “I’m not touching you.” PSYCHO. Gaslighting me right in my face, eh? He reeks of creep and clearly hates women, he feels inferior to them that’s why he has to destroy them. He is all or nothing (if I’m going vegan then you’re getting all new pots and pans to cook it in).

There are actually tons of red flags, but what could anyone have done? We are now seeing the limitations of the law. Many people knew he was a creep — no one knew he was this dangerous. There are people who get off on tricking people by not being who they really are, they enjoy toying with people that way. It’s scary to understand the reality that someone like him is very hard to stop until he commits a crime. I do not believe this was a preventable crime. It all hinges on him resisting his own fantasies, of which he obviously cannot resist the temptation. So if a person having murder fantasies stays in their fantasy all the time, then they won’t confess and ask for help. Also, there aren’t enough resources out there if people were to ask for help.

He is completely arrogant and has a weird self-aggrandizement/self-hatred thing going on too. He is extremes. And it’s so weird that people didn’t totally figure out how dangerous he was sooner somehow, but he only let you see as much as he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 351January 14, 2023 6:15 AM

His manorexia would be a red flag for women.

Men love malnourished looking women. Women do not generally like malnourished looking men.

by Anonymousreply 352January 14, 2023 6:21 AM

Creepy and interesting r351. Did he have any history of violence towards women previously? Back in PA; had he beat up, hit or threatened any other women? The Tinder date said he was weird/scary, but didn't threaten her or get in her face in an angry way. He simply disappeared and left her alone. Did he ever get physical with his mother or sisters at any time? or other females nearby.

What triggered him to snap and brutally slash the women (and adjacent male) in Moscow? And plot/plan it for weeks apparently. It is really weird to me that suddenly, at 28 years old, he just couldn't resist his impulses after so many years, and decided to coldly murder with little to no provocation.

by Anonymousreply 353January 14, 2023 6:21 AM

[quote]Men love malnourished looking women.

I disagree. Most straight men in the West love curvy, busty women. That's the peak sexual attraction for them. Kaylee a few years ago, before she put on a bit more weight, was a prime example of this. Overly skinny, malnourishment is not a typically attractive trait for most men.

by Anonymousreply 354January 14, 2023 6:24 AM

Brian too dull for the movie. We’ll need Joyce Carol Oates to write another BLONDE, change this narrative.

by Anonymousreply 355January 14, 2023 6:32 AM

Over the course of his work, which began in 1979, Vronsky has deduced that serial killers generally develop the personality and compulsion befitting a killer when they're young — by the time they're 14, they're basically fully formed; they generally start killing in their late twenties... For male serial killers, the average age they first killed at is 27.5 ...The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) states that the motives of serial killers can include anger, thrill-seeking, financial gain, and attention seeking, and killings may be executed as such. The victims may have something in common; for example, demographic profile, appearance, gender or race...Serial killers differ in many ways, including their motivations for killing and their behavior at the crime scene. However, attendees did identify certain traits common to some serial murderers, including sensation seeking, a lack of remorse or guilt, impulsivity, the need for control, and predatory behavior.

A lot more interesting stuff about serial killers at this site -- and I feel sure that if he had gotten away with this, Bryan would have gone on to be a serial killer. He's fits the profile I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 14, 2023 6:33 AM

R351 He DOES feel creepy.

This sentence you said, "...snappy facial emotions that change on/off" is so 'it'. I couldn't get this till you wrote this. Brought it into focus for me. That is so 'it'.

That one photo some great photographer out there got, really shows that guy inside, looking out at the world, showing who he really is and who he really is, is truly frightening.

So glad he's locked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 14, 2023 7:23 AM

Jennifer Coolidge IS Kaylee Goncalves

by Anonymousreply 358January 14, 2023 8:01 AM

Everyone looks creepy in their mug shot.

by Anonymousreply 359January 14, 2023 8:41 AM

Dylan looks taller and bigger than the other roommates in the group picture. I think it’s possible she was an accomplice.

by Anonymousreply 360January 14, 2023 10:54 AM

R360 she looks to be about 105 pounds to me and like 5’5, are you confused?

by Anonymousreply 361January 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Dylan, on the left, looks at least six inches taller than Kaylee who is next to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 14, 2023 11:11 AM

Dylan is the only one who looks like if she had her natural hair color, no makeup, and her hair pulled back that she might actually be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 363January 14, 2023 11:18 AM

I'll be interested to eventually find out (I hope) whether Bryan was a budding serial killer and got caught after his first killings, or if he's killed before. If he has, it was likely in PA where he lived until very recently.

by Anonymousreply 364January 14, 2023 11:36 AM

When I look at these photos of Kohberg, I keep seeing flashes of Adam Lanza. I wonder if Kohberg was ever noted by teachers as having, well, anything worth noting.

by Anonymousreply 365January 14, 2023 1:31 PM

R355 Yes, yes, yes! And fuck "Blonde", my JCO can make a crime come to life. "My sister, my Love", "Zombie" and the Chris Porco book she wrote were perfect. God, I really hope Mx Oates does cover this.

by Anonymousreply 366January 14, 2023 1:36 PM

If he had knifed a homeless black prostitute, he'd have never been caught.

by Anonymousreply 367January 14, 2023 2:37 PM

A close friend just told me that her niece was in the WSU criminology PhD program with BK and said that he was sexist, racist, and a homophobe. When everyone found out he had been arrested, they were shocked but not really surprised that it was him. And the day after, all had multiple texts from various media outlets asking for interviews.

by Anonymousreply 368January 14, 2023 2:53 PM

Do you really think Dylan might be and accomplice, R360? If so, why would she say she saw him and describe him? Do you think they will discover a Bryan and Dylan love connection? Sexy, hot 20 year old Dylan was hooking up with 28 yo aspie Bryan? I bet she deleted all their love texts THAT VERY NIGHT!!

by Anonymousreply 369January 14, 2023 2:57 PM

But the posts from the online discussion forum, purportedly made when he was 16 years old, appear to reveal Mr Kohberger’s concerns about his suicidal ideation, challenges with a disorder he described as “visual snow” — a disorder that causes people to see static, and inability to connect with his relatives.

“I feel like an organic sack of meat with no self worth,” one post reads. “As I hug my family, I look into their faces, I see nothing, it is like I am looking at a video game, but less.”

In another post, the author explored feelings of self-loathing, regretting that he was no longer the “healthy blonde-haired boy with blue eyes, and in a few years, [he then had] darker hair and darker eyes, half the body weight”.

He then proceeded to say he felt “unintelligent” and as though he was experiencing “depersonalization” and felt “little to no remorse.’

“I often find myself making simple human interactions, but it is as if I am playing a role-playing game such as oblivion; I can see what is going on, I am slightly into it, but I can pause the game and focus on my real life,” the post states.

It continues: “I view everything as I would if I was playing oblivion, pointless and full of nothing, out of reality. I am moving out of my house, my last holidays were already lived, but where was I? As my family group hugs and celebrates, I am stuck in this void of nothing, feeling completely no emotion, feeling nothing.”

“I feel dirty, like there is dirt inside of my head, my mind, I am always dizzy and confused.”

The author went on to mention “regrets [he] predicts for [his] future self,” before saying he’d felt “eerie and alone” since he was 15 and did not wish to be alive anymore.

The last post made by the profile was on February 2017, with the author ominously writing that he’d come to terms with his visual snow, but adding it “could be a bad thing.”

More than a decade after the posts were made, Mr Kohberger is now the only suspect in the brutal November stabbings in Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 370January 14, 2023 3:05 PM

BK’s teen posts sound equal parts real psychological issues and “get the fuck out of your podunk town.”

OF COURSE if you are a smart kid you aren’t going to really connect to people in some hick town in rural Pennsylvania. It sucks you were born into that situation, but so were a lot of other people. (Though I’ll note we don’t really know smart BK actually is.)

I think video games complicate this a bit. They make it so easy to numb yourself.

I spent my teen years with my nose in books and/or movies. Plenty of those had a “leave your small town behind” message. I think it was good for me.

by Anonymousreply 371January 14, 2023 3:50 PM

In my experience women are bot “better” at spotting any red flags r351.

They hypothesize Alon based on nothing. Even a broken clock can be correct….

Feel free to disagree as many of you will. Truth is truth.

by Anonymousreply 372January 14, 2023 5:03 PM

I don’t know whether to agree or disagree because I don’t know what the fuck you just said.

by Anonymousreply 373January 14, 2023 5:10 PM

R371 I don't think video games are the issue, he's describing dissociation/derealization by relating it to something he is familiar with. If it were before the era of gaming he'd say he feels like he's watching himself in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 374January 14, 2023 5:12 PM

Then you’re dumb r373.

Not r372 but words are not that illegible.

by Anonymousreply 375January 14, 2023 7:19 PM

They have had it with Nancy Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376January 14, 2023 8:15 PM

Karen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377January 14, 2023 8:15 PM

Cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378January 14, 2023 8:15 PM

R376 Haha, is that real? Is it the house or a neighboring one? That's amazing if so.

by Anonymousreply 379January 14, 2023 8:16 PM

R375 Heads up, it is easy enough for us to see whether or not you (or at least the account you are using) are R372.

by Anonymousreply 380January 14, 2023 8:29 PM

No shit Sherlock

by Anonymousreply 381January 14, 2023 9:46 PM

R370 Who gives a fuck though? Why does this kind of shit always come up? Even if he had "visual snow" or whatever, he fucking knows that knifing 4 people to death is wrong. Fuck him, fry him.

by Anonymousreply 382January 14, 2023 10:08 PM

Fry Nancy Grace too.

by Anonymousreply 383January 14, 2023 10:13 PM

"visual snow" is a new one to me. Now somebody has made this one up we can expect an epidemic criminals claiming innocence because of blizzards

by Anonymousreply 384January 14, 2023 10:21 PM

[quote] Haha, is that real?

Yep. Not sure which house. Reddit is having a field day. Facebook had the one of her sitting outside and trashing her. She’s such a lying idiot.

by Anonymousreply 385January 14, 2023 10:33 PM

That’s cool r372, I may be totally wrong on women reading behavioral red flags. But I don’t think so, because women are trained to live in a heightened awareness of potential threats. So it’s not that men can’t pick up on these cues or that they’re unable to spot them, I just think women are forced to pay more attention.

R353, to my limited knowledge thus far, he has not acted out violently toward women. I did go down a little rabbit hole and what I have found so far is that he definitely freaked women out. More than one women found him to be very very “off”. Many people at his colleges said he was racist, sexist, and a bigot, as already stated.

I just watched Dateline and his grad students said he gave them shitty grades all based on “I would have written that part like this….” Not because they did anything wrong, but because hey, he is just better and smarter than you. And then! They said immediately after the murders, he started giving them 100’s all the time! Lol what an idiot he was! I found that to be extremely interesting. Obviously, committing the murders have him an immense psychological “release” of some sort.

I am the poster who volunteers in a county jail (Chicago) so I work directly with various characters (who I adore) and they’ve taught me quite a bit, especially about the phases/stages someone goes through when the state is bringing a rain of fire down on them.

Brian strikes me as someone who is still in the very early stages of denial. I think perhaps it is starting to sink in now that this is not a mistake, they really are coming for him. That’s the first stage. The second stage is not knowing if you’ll ever go home, even when it seems obvious to us on the outside, you really don’t know for sure, and it’s the not knowing that is the MOST tortuous stage. Once guys finally get sentenced, they look like a 100,000 lb boulder is off their back, they are like two different people (before sentencing vs after). He has a loooooooooong road ahead of him, many many years of fighting. And he’s never walking free again either. He doesn’t know this yet, but he will in about a year or two.

by Anonymousreply 386January 14, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote] I am the poster who volunteers in a county jail (Chicago) so I work directly with various characters (who I adore) and they’ve taught me quite a bit, especially about the phases/stages someone goes through when the state is bringing a rain of fire down on them.

Just please don't end up like Vicky White, helping Casey White to escape from prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 14, 2023 10:57 PM

HA! R387 that is too funny lolol. I promise, no escapees. No one could ever escape where I’m at, there are so many levels of security it’s impossible. It would definitely take someone like her to pull it off, not me, you’d have to work there to make an escape work.

by Anonymousreply 388January 14, 2023 11:00 PM

Bryan has small hands; short, stubby fingers. Very Trumpy.

by Anonymousreply 389January 14, 2023 11:16 PM

Also, r389, his hands are purple! I’ve been saying it since the beginning, he actually has a purple cast to his hands. Maybe it’s his vegan diet or some other weird medical condition.

by Anonymousreply 390January 14, 2023 11:19 PM

R390 the purple is from the shackles.

R387 Vicky White also had a husband, I believe kids, a good job, and she threw it all away. I think of her from time to time and I wonder if she didn't get cold feet and went on with trying to transport them over the Canadian border would they have eventually killed her? She was a first class fool. I wonder how her husband is doing, did she go back to him? I thought I read he left her.

by Anonymousreply 391January 15, 2023 12:58 AM

"her niece was in the WSU criminology PhD program with BK and said that he was sexist, racist, and a homophobe. When everyone found out he had been arrested, they were shocked but not really surprised that it was him."

I had assumed he was sexist, racist, and homophobic, while knowing nothing about his personal beliefs... because all the young white men with a superiority complex and poor social skills are sexist, racist, and homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 392January 15, 2023 4:23 AM

R386, shut the fuck up. Be insightful or interesting or witty or at least fresh or just shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 393January 15, 2023 4:59 AM

R391, Vicki had been married once, from 2002 to 2006, and she had no kids. She did have a great job, and she was well respected by her coworkers, who frequently nominated her as employee of the year.

Maybe she had been without a partner for a long time, and she fell deep in love with this man. It seems like those catfish cases on Dr. Phil where an older woman gives away hundreds of thousands of dollars to a scammer. But at 56, maybe she didn't think she'd have more chances. Society considers women to be disposable at middle age, and straight men her age would want to date women 20 years younger.

Having a partner shouldn't be the end-all ultimate goal in life. She could have fostered kids or adopted pets, made platonic friendship, etc. Safe goes for the incels. Instead of being angry at the world because they don't have a partner, they should invest in friendships and hobbies.

by Anonymousreply 394January 15, 2023 4:59 AM

Whore, please.

by Anonymousreply 395January 15, 2023 5:36 AM

4chan:

Can anyone really confirm Bryan was on Omegle? I think I remember meeting a Bryan from desales (I was on the college student chat where it shows your school) a year or two ago

by Anonymousreply 396January 15, 2023 7:02 AM

4chan’s gif on how the murder took place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 15, 2023 7:03 AM

If Bryan agrees to a plea deal, does he still go to trial, or would it take as long to get the trial going?

by Anonymousreply 398January 15, 2023 7:34 AM

R386 I thought that was all very interesting and and a glimpse into the prison mindset from the getgo.

R391 so glad Vicki didn't have any kids, for their sake, but she should've used her head. Women fall for men who use their wiles to get things all the time. She does have that vulnerable look. Was not a good place for her to work maybe. Who knows maybe that guy had real feelings for her but I'm sure it's a well know ploy to try to get out of the joint.

by Anonymousreply 399January 15, 2023 8:01 AM

R398 a plea deal usually involves a prosecutor offering to drop more serious charges if the defendant agrees to plead guilty to lesser charges and gives up their right to trial. The guilty plea serves the same function as a jury's verdict of guilt.

Then all that remains is the sentencing hearing, after the judge gets a report by a probation department or similar body.

Depending on the state of the evidence, I wouldn’t imagine this being a plea type of case, though.

by Anonymousreply 400January 15, 2023 10:45 AM

The only plea that he’ll be offered is life in prison and death penalty off the table.

by Anonymousreply 401January 15, 2023 10:52 AM

R397 I saw that animation elsewhere. 4chan must have added the blood splatter.

by Anonymousreply 402January 15, 2023 10:53 AM

R401 is correct, unless the evidence is a lot weaker than we think it is, the only think BK will gain by pleading guilty is avoiding the death penalty.

And he won't plead guilty. He thought he was smarter than the cops, and he's going to think he's smarter than the prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 403January 15, 2023 10:58 AM

I hate Nancy Grace and once I heard Paula poundstone at the end of one of her show say and this is recorded on one of the ones you can listen to on Spotify but if she ever found out she was dying she would kill Nancy Grace. I appreciate that.

by Anonymousreply 404January 15, 2023 11:39 AM

Maddie had no chin. Kaylee was cuter than her but Xana was better looking than both of them. The new 20/20 is about them and you can see more pics.

by Anonymousreply 405January 15, 2023 1:01 PM

Dylan the surviving roommate was the most beautiful of the girls.

by Anonymousreply 406January 15, 2023 6:44 PM

Yes Dylan is gorgeous. The 20/20 on this is pretty much shit we already know and with a sprinkling of highly indignant people that he wasn't caught 30 minutes later. Shit, 7 weeks is still very fast. The woman at the gas station is the real MVP, had she not mentioned the Elantra they may not have known to scan for it. I wonder if Hyundai will take a hit from this.

by Anonymousreply 407January 15, 2023 7:34 PM

Theory no one asked for and that I don't actually believe.

This is a John Hinckley, Jr. situation. Dylan or Bethany (the other roommate) was the object of Bryan's fixation. He never planned on harming them, but was going to use his police internship next fall to insinuate himself into the case and get extended access to the girl he really wanted the attention of.

Also, something something cartel.

by Anonymousreply 408January 15, 2023 8:02 PM

The Dateline special on this was better than the 20/20 episode. It's streaming on Peacock now.

Of course Goncalves is front and center in it, but I've yet to see anyone from Xana's family speak out yet.

by Anonymousreply 409January 15, 2023 8:17 PM

I watched both and agree, Dateline was much better.

by Anonymousreply 410January 15, 2023 8:22 PM

[quote] Dylan the surviving roommate was the most beautiful of the girls.

“Girls”.

by Anonymousreply 411January 15, 2023 8:26 PM

What should we call them? “Ones with vagina baskets”?

by Anonymousreply 412January 15, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote] I watched both and agree, Dateline was much better.

I love Dateline. Did anybody "light up the room" just by walking into it?

by Anonymousreply 413January 15, 2023 8:29 PM

R413, you can only post in Keith’s voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 15, 2023 8:35 PM

The Ethan murder makes me so sad. He looked so young with no troweled on makeup like the girls. He was a triplet too. His family must be so crushed.

by Anonymousreply 415January 15, 2023 8:46 PM

R415, if you read the mother’s state posted last week, she is fucking crazy. She’s working very hard to minimize this loss, it seems almost pathological — but I’m not judging her, it’s just an observation. She seems determined to not show any pain. She seems like an older mother, I wonder if she struggled to get pregnant etc., hence her need to keep marching forward.

But I agree with you, I liked Ethan’s vibe, he seemed pretty chill.

by Anonymousreply 416January 15, 2023 9:00 PM

There's a message circulating around, that came apparently from someone who knows the people around Moscow and possibly Dylan. The statement is from before the release of the PCA and tracks with some other stuff I remember that people close to the roommates were saying or supposedly saying. I'm copying this summary from reddit. Explains Dylan's reaction, the PCA doesn't quote her directly, so this "frozen in fear" thing is just some summary a cop gave and seems to be an exaggeration.

"YT guy got an e-mail on Nov 22 saying that one of the roommates was up and saw a person she didn’t know in the house, with a black shirt or turtleneck covering their mounth, which she thought was because of the cold outside. He was by the sliding door and had brush eyebrows. It was not unsual for there to be strange people in the house, so she didn’t find that concerning, but stayed locked in her room and didn’t leave. She said the person didn’t see her. Since YT guy got this info early on, he thinks his source is at least close to the investigation. He keeps talking about more e-mails he got from the source, saying stuff like: J never left for Africa, LE and his family asked for him to hide, because of treaths to his safety (he didn’t wanna leave); Murphy is basically a puppy who was used to have strange people around, so that would explain why he didn’t bark the whole time; J was with a friend when K called multiple times, intoxicated, and didn’t pick up because she had asked for a break and was playing lover’s games (his friend said you don’t have to answer her everytime). That’s probably why M tried calling with her phone; J feels guilty and that if he was there they still might be alive; roommates decided to call friends the next day, saying please come, we think something happened; A male friend saw E on the floor hallway, facedown, so that’s why the unconscious person was reported; E was not suppouse to spend the night because of frat house rules, so would usually leave around 3/4am; X would walk him out and lock the door behind him; LE inicially thought K was the target and perp found and killed E first, immediately when he saw him by X bedroom door; X was next and had defensive wounds and bruises in her arm; she was grabbed by her arm or something like that; Perp then killed K and M; M had to die because she was in the same bed as K."

by Anonymousreply 417January 15, 2023 9:23 PM

I still wonder what if Kohberger (alleged murderer) went in there to kill them and the door dash driver hadn't been there yet but arrived during the murder. So then would Kohberger (alleged murderer) have killed the door dash driver (now a witness) too?

I would guess that door dash guy is now getting some sort of therapy or I hope so. I'm sure he thought of this himself. I know I read he had problems dealing with realizing he was the last person to see them alive. Poor guy.

R343 R342 is partly right. It's was a murder about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 418January 15, 2023 9:45 PM

I’m so glad you included “alleged murderer” in there.

It was very confusing who the Kohberger character was in your story.

by Anonymousreply 419January 15, 2023 9:56 PM

I don't think any of the girls were individual targets. The way he drove around Moscow (specifically fraternity/sorority row) at least 12 times in the months before the murders leads me to believe that he was looking for a house to target: one with easy access and multiple young, pretty female students. In Datalounge parlance, Kohberger got "surprise male".

by Anonymousreply 420January 15, 2023 10:04 PM

[[quote] The way he drove around Moscow (specifically fraternity/sorority row) at least 12 times in the months before the murders leads me to believe that he was looking for a house to target

Or maybe it's a small town and lots of people passed by multiple times in the months before the murders

by Anonymousreply 421January 15, 2023 10:13 PM

Or maybe it's a small town Bryan Kohberger did not live in and a school Bryan Kohberger did not attend, R421.

by Anonymousreply 422January 15, 2023 10:24 PM

R419

Don't get me wrong. I think Kohberger totally did it all. I felt kind of guilty not saying that. I guess I won't anymore.

by Anonymousreply 423January 15, 2023 10:26 PM

Bless your heart, darlin.

by Anonymousreply 424January 15, 2023 10:32 PM

If you look at the location of the house on satellite, you will understand the isolation of the house. No one could possibly repeatedly drive by it “accidentally” or randomly. It was in a very strange spot that was on a very very narrow small road, it isn’t used as a cut through.

The fact that his phone was turned off during the murders and that his route was by the house combined with the DNA? It’s huge.

by Anonymousreply 425January 15, 2023 10:58 PM

[quote]r406 Dylan the surviving roommate was the most beautiful of the girls.

As it should be.

by Anonymousreply 426January 15, 2023 11:28 PM

Dylan couldn't have stopped the murders if she'd called 911. If she'd intervened, she'd have been killed. If she'd called 911, they might have blown her off because nobody takes the idea of an "intruder" in a party house more seriously than the residents did, and if the cops came over they'd probably have knocked and gone away if nobody answered the door, or if Bryan answered the door they'd have been polite and gone away, leaving him to search the house for whoever called 911. And the small-town cops who'd be answering the door at 4AM would not have caught Kohberg on the spot if they'd realized the threat was real, more like throw up on the crime scene.

The most they could have done was spot the while Elantra earlier, as the killer fled, but I doubt they'd have been that acute. These are not guys who are used to dealing with premeditated crimes.

by Anonymousreply 427January 15, 2023 11:28 PM

Wow, are you ever a condescending jerk, R427

by Anonymousreply 428January 15, 2023 11:30 PM

R427, do you honestly think Kohberger would have been standing in the kitchen, making a sandwich, when the cops answered the call? Jesus, he was probably in that house about six or seven minutes!

by Anonymousreply 429January 15, 2023 11:37 PM

[quote]r346 I think he looks like a creep.

[quote]r347 As do most college boys.

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 430January 15, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote]he was probably in that house about six or seven minutes

15 minutes imo.

by Anonymousreply 431January 16, 2023 12:03 AM

Seems like one of the people complaining about how boring this case was prior to an arrest is now trying to make it seem like Kohberger is innocent. I think that's happening on Reddit, too (and it DEFINITELY happened on Reddit with the Delphi murders), people who just want drama will make something up and then obsess over it. Now that there's an arrest and the PCA was released, there isn't any drama left, so it's all "there's not enough evidence" and "it's all circumstantial."

by Anonymousreply 432January 16, 2023 12:12 AM

R427 is right.

I read about a woman who called the police because her sister's bf murdered her sister. She hid under the bed while he murdered her sister and called 911. The police did come to the door and knock but since she was hiding under the bed and it was quiet in the house, the killer still there being quiet too hearing them knocking the police left. He then, because he knew the sister lived there searched the house and found her. She had called another sister telling her in a whisper what was going on. That is who reported the story. The sister that lived was outraged the police didn't break down the door.

Dylan may have been terrified. If she heard the things they report so far she may have heard them being murdered and was hiding with her door locked that whole time terrified he was in the house.

The guy then went and killed the girl who was hiding under the bed.

by Anonymousreply 433January 16, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]I still wonder what if Kohberger (alleged murderer) went in there to kill them and the door dash driver hadn't been there yet but arrived during the murder. So then would Kohberger (alleged murderer) have killed the door dash driver (now a witness) too?

The DoorDash driver certainly arrived very close to when BK was there, from the timelines. It's entirely possible that BK slipped in the back slider while Xana was picking up her delivery down at the front door, on the bottom floor. Or was already upstairs killing M & K.

He might have been coming downstairs to the 2nd floor when Xana may have been coming up the front stairs, since that would be in his line of vision. He then chased or followed her to her room and killed her and Ethan. It's a possible scenario.

by Anonymousreply 434January 16, 2023 12:24 AM

I don't think Dylan necessarily knew that a murder had taken place. It sounds like they were used to random people coming in and out of the house. I think she had a suspicion something was wrong, but didn't really process it and just wanted to stay in her room. The next morning when Xana's work called and said she didn't show up, and her car was still there...that's probably when it hit her that something was very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 435January 16, 2023 12:29 AM

When you think Bundy killed 30+ women, usually one at a time, in about a 5 year span! - it's actually amazing that this guy's been caught. Off hand I can't remember how the other serial killers went - like how long to catch, how many victims, etc., but like someone upthread said, that woman at the gas station may have saved quite a few lives by noticing the car. A pretty obscure detail that I doubt many would take much note of - a white car speeding by in a college town at 4am.

I hope this means that with all the cameras and DNA technology, that extremely successful Jack-the-Ripper types become very rare. And that's something to feel good about, in all this. There are also so many more ways to protect your own home these days -- cameras everywhere and more skilled detectives with more tools, which get more of these creeps off the street in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 436January 16, 2023 12:33 AM

Yeah, the smart serial killers are going for people stuck in the poverty and the underclass, nobody investigates if a drifter or sex worker vanishes. Look how long Robert Pickton was able to keep at it.

That's another thing that was so monumentally stupid about BK's killing spree, not only did he take his own car and his own phone along, he attacked the kind of pretty blonde white girls whose murder attracts worldwide media attention! It's like he wanted to act out a slasher movie in real life, he probably grew up jerking off to those things.

by Anonymousreply 437January 16, 2023 12:52 AM

I very strongly believe Dylan was "I don't want to run into this weird rando right now" scared and not "did something bad just happen?" scared.

""YT guy got an e-mail on Nov 22 saying that one of the roommates was up and saw a person she didn’t know in the house, with a black shirt or turtleneck covering their mounth, which she thought was because of the cold outside. He was by the sliding door and had brush eyebrows. It was not unsual for there to be strange people in the house, so she didn’t find that concerning, but stayed locked in her room and didn’t leave. She said the person didn’t see her. "

by Anonymousreply 438January 16, 2023 1:12 AM

R417 Wow, who wrote all this shit? Collge students? I love the spelling. "Inicially". R436 They were incredibly fast, this was like 7 weeks. Hearing those asshole parents of the kids' friends, "It's ludicrous no one has been arrested yet!" First off all, is ludricrous really the word you want? Secondly, ease back, bitch! It's not been that long at all. You can't just ask to talk to the manager on shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 439January 16, 2023 1:18 AM

God I see all my typos in R439, the irony that I would bag on other people...but I stand by it.

by Anonymousreply 440January 16, 2023 1:24 AM

R439 "mounth" is funnier. At least inicially works phonetically.

by Anonymousreply 441January 16, 2023 1:29 AM

There really isn't anything left to discuss, until June. Unless you Queenz keep picking on this poor kid Dylan. The 4chan mentions are a sad landmark for the DL.

by Anonymousreply 442January 16, 2023 1:37 AM

He was a SuperFreak, He was SUPERFREAKY

by Anonymousreply 443January 16, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote] The Ethan murder makes me so sad. He looked so young with no troweled on makeup like the girls. He was a triplet too. His family must be so crushed.

You just want to fuck him. Admit it.

by Anonymousreply 444January 16, 2023 1:52 AM

4chan swears that they encountered him on Omegle and YouNow and that he was threatening to stab people on it. They even said that his location was tagged on the video, which was the school Bryan was attending at the time. All those candid shots you’ve seen are from his old YouNow account, so he was definitely active on those types of platforms.

by Anonymousreply 445January 16, 2023 1:53 AM

Which lends credence to the theory, r437, that one of the girls was his target, that something had perhaps transpired between him and his target/s that triggered him to kill them. He seemed to be in a hurry that night to get into the house to kill - which lends credibility to the theory that Kaylee was his primary goal, given she was home for only that weekend.

by Anonymousreply 446January 16, 2023 1:56 AM

[quote]R439 "mounth" is funnier. At least inicially works phonetically.

That and the “brush eyebrows.”

by Anonymousreply 447January 16, 2023 2:32 AM

Knowing this man’s history with women, how he would violate their personal space, gaslight, and creep, I would not be shocked if one of these girls pissed him off somehow (which is a joke as even if that’s what happened and the girl was totally rude to him, too bad so sad, buddy, that’s part of adulting). I just could envision one of these girls treating him disrespectfully and it really triggering him due to his past history with being bullied by women in his youth. And again, is he a virgin? I want to know because I bet his sex life will tell us a lot. He strangely seems completely asexual to me, I liken his vibe to Tom Cruise.

But I do agree, this thread is iced til June. I disagree that 4chan crossed a new low for DL — we just follow the facts, wherever they lead us, is all. Someday we shall know if he was really posting there.

If it ends up true that he simply didn’t see Dylan, then add that to this asshole’s list of big stupid mistakes on murder night. How could he not see her, he knew she was there for sure?!? Wouldn’t he have been worried about the others waking up while he’s killing?!??

I wonder what his thought process was, like how detailed it was, how often he dreamt about doing this, if he fantasized about it all the time. I have a feeling he was pretty calculated, meaning he likely planned very specific types of strikes with the knife to neutralize them quickly, which stops screaming, which keeps roommates asleep — a good prosecutor should be able to show total premeditation. For his plan to work, he had to really strategically murder them at warp speed or it would fall apart. There also had to be more than one time where he could have lost control as we knew at least two people fought back. He came there with a preconceived plan to rapidly take out these people.

by Anonymousreply 448January 16, 2023 5:09 AM

R448. I'm not the only one who doubts the reports that he was "bullied by girls" as a teenager. I suspect that if any girls said or did anything hostile at that time, it was because they were defending themselves or each other.

God, the world of dating is so fucked up. Everyone wants the freedom to reject, but nobody can take rejection, and that's true for both gays and straights.

by Anonymousreply 449January 16, 2023 5:32 AM

People who went to school with him stated that he was bullied by a group of popular girls, like they tortured him. This was during his fat years, but before his heroin years.

by Anonymousreply 450January 16, 2023 5:39 AM

In high school, I would bet it was other boys who bullied him more than girls did. Girls/women aren't so picky about men's looks. In high school, the jocks probably picked on him because he was overweight. As an incel, he would now refer to these men as "Chads". He might be angry with the "Chads", but he'd be even angrier with the women who elected to date a "Chad" instead of him. It was the boys that bullied him, but he hates women more.

Also, a common theme on incel boards is the sentiment, "I know I'm ugly, about a 2 or 3 out of 10, but I won't date a woman below a 7. I have standards." They feel entitled to date only beautiful women, but they think it's unfair that women only want to date handsome men.

If he indeed had met one of these women, how would he have known their full name? Even if he went to a business where they worked, their name tag would only feature their first name. Let's say somehow he figured out their full name. Still, how would he know their addresses? You can google someone's name, but most of their addresses you find online will be older; you frequently won't find the current address of someone if they've lived in their current home for less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 451January 16, 2023 5:48 AM

I think that report came from a straight male friend of BK's, R450, and didn't say anything about "torture", I've wondered what the girls' side of the story is since I read it.

Because even though I went to a school where bullying was rife and I came in for a good share of it myself, I don't remember any girls bullying boys. And I haven't heard anything about girls bullying boys in the intervening years, just boys being angry at girls for rejecting their attentions.

by Anonymousreply 452January 16, 2023 5:49 AM

You may be right r452, I’m sure the word “tortured” must be mine. It was told by a girl he grew up with, who knows….

by Anonymousreply 453January 16, 2023 3:11 PM

Source:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454January 16, 2023 3:30 PM

His fucking chick friend from HS was on the 20/20 and said, "as soon as I heard it was him, I hopped on tik tok to make a statement" Fuck off, what asshole goes on tik tok period, let alone to announce your proximity to some creep like this? I hate all these people involved.

by Anonymousreply 455January 16, 2023 3:47 PM

[quote]Fuck off, what asshole goes on tik tok period,

One of the dead chicks was on TikTok right as she was getting knifed.

by Anonymousreply 456January 16, 2023 3:58 PM

R456 Sigh...I know, Xana was on tik tok, but she was young and could have outgrown it.

by Anonymousreply 457January 16, 2023 4:58 PM

A 20yo college girl up late at night eating Jack in the Box and scrolling TikTok isn't the same as a grown woman, pushing 30, who went running to TikTok to blab about it the second she discovered she knew a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 458January 16, 2023 5:02 PM

Exactly R458! It was so grating, just the way she said it, she really did say "I hopped on tik tok" like you could see the glee in this chubby chick's eyes that she could be relevant for 5 minutes, or that she thought she could.

by Anonymousreply 459January 16, 2023 5:04 PM

TikTok is the most popular app in the world

by Anonymousreply 460January 16, 2023 5:05 PM

Wow, you people sound so judgemental. And old.

by Anonymousreply 461January 16, 2023 5:59 PM

[quote]you people sound so judgemental

Old enough to know how to spell properly.

by Anonymousreply 462January 16, 2023 6:07 PM

From r454 link:

[quote] He has two older sisters, Melissa and Amanda — and, back in 2011, Amanda, now a school counselor, appeared in the low-budget slasher film "Two Days Back," about a group of young students viciously murdered by a serial killer.

This is weird.

by Anonymousreply 463January 16, 2023 7:20 PM

People here obsessing over who was the most attractive housemate are super cringe as well.

by Anonymousreply 464January 16, 2023 7:30 PM

So is using a verb as an adjective.

by Anonymousreply 465January 16, 2023 7:47 PM

We're even aroused when the killers are hot, R464. Go back to TikTok where it's sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows, not that that's "cringe" or anything.

by Anonymousreply 466January 16, 2023 7:49 PM

Spelling is racist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 16, 2023 7:51 PM

R465 cringe IS an adjective now whether you accept it or not.

by Anonymousreply 468January 16, 2023 9:52 PM

No, you muppet.

Cringey is an adjective; cringe is a verb.

by Anonymousreply 469January 16, 2023 10:07 PM

Jimmmmaaaayyy!!

by Anonymousreply 470January 16, 2023 10:18 PM

R469 You're not as smart as you think you are. Just an aging troglodyte. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 471January 16, 2023 10:31 PM

R469 Does anyone know what became of the autistic kid? His whole goddamn family was gone in a second. I hope they left some good life insurance and that he's having a better life with a relative who isn't dumb enough to literally tell someone to shoot her.

by Anonymousreply 472January 16, 2023 11:35 PM

He’s fine, he sends his love, R472!

by Anonymousreply 473January 17, 2023 11:13 AM

Have we lost some threads? I swear there were several - and now - just this? And it's dead?

Damn. This was such a great distraction for a while....

by Anonymousreply 474January 17, 2023 5:44 PM

Seriously R474? They're gone? Lame. Yeah these would be good ones to read back over and see if he really was 4 channing.

by Anonymousreply 475January 17, 2023 6:29 PM

The FBI obviously seized the threads.

by Anonymousreply 476January 17, 2023 7:17 PM

Well, I just saw an article that says they think that Kohberger probably has killed before...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 17, 2023 7:59 PM

He was either very confident or very stupid to think he could stab 4 people to death under very risky conditions.

If he was confident, you have to ask how he built up that confidence.

by Anonymousreply 478January 17, 2023 8:34 PM

[quote] In a “Dr. Phil” special on Friday, experts speculated that Kohberger purposefully left an empty knife sheath in the room

Oh, Dr. Phil is just what this case needs.

Jebus.

by Anonymousreply 479January 17, 2023 8:35 PM

[quote] they think that Kohberger probably has killed before...

Perhaps, but still total speculation tainting the jury pool

by Anonymousreply 480January 17, 2023 8:37 PM

News

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 17, 2023 8:43 PM

Dr. Phil never met a bandwagon he didn't like.

by Anonymousreply 482January 17, 2023 8:45 PM

Is the knife sheath supposed to be his calling card? It doesn't make much sense to leave behind valuable evidence on purpose, but I could see it being an accident.

The more likely scenario is that he forgot the knife sheath and realized it after he arrived home. He went back later in the morning and we know he hung around near the house for around 10 minutes, probably debating whether it was safe to go back and try to retrieve it.

Ultimately he decided not to go in the house and then drove sort of far away into a very secluded, wilderness heavy area and shut off his phone. Police know this. What was he doing? Probably getting rid of the knife. This all points to BK being fairly inept at doing crime.

by Anonymousreply 483January 17, 2023 8:45 PM

He didn't "forget" the sheath, it came unsnapped from his belt loop or waistband during his frenzied attack on Kaylee and Maddie upstairs. It was found next to Maddie, in the bed. Either that, or one of the girls managed to reach out and grab or grasp it, pulling it off of him.

There's no way he left it on purpose, or was holding it and forgot about it. It came undone accidentally in the dark room, he didn't realize it was missing until after he left the house. Stupid, he should have thought about something like that if he was such a meticulous "planner".

by Anonymousreply 484January 17, 2023 10:47 PM

He should probably also not have brought his geo tracking phone to the scene of a mass murder. What a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 485January 17, 2023 10:59 PM

[quote]r484 He didn't "forget" the sheath, it came unsnapped from his belt loop or waistband during his frenzied attack on Kaylee and Maddie

Can he get a product refund? I certainly hope so.

by Anonymousreply 486January 18, 2023 12:22 AM

Yeah. I'm thinking after you go crazy in a frenzied knifefest maybe high on drugs of some sort he, with expended energy, comes down from the killers high and suddenly realized time to go! Have to get the hell out of here.

And as he is speeding away down the road, savoring, admiring his own brilliant planning. Oh you devil, what perfection. What frenzied madness, the killfest high, suddenly it hitsand with a sharp intake of breath, and a high raise of two bushy eyebrows. the sudden sinking thought: 'I think I left my sheath there'.

Da da dah...

The best laid plans of mice and scum.

by Anonymousreply 487January 18, 2023 12:57 AM

I'm horribly tech challenged - when I hear the word "app" I groan.

So, how can a 28 year old that others have called intelligent NOT realize that he shouldn't take his cell phone with him to Moscow, at ANY time after he started formulating his plan to murder, either a target in this house, or just 'a' house in Moscow on frat-row or whatever?

I'm tempted to believe he wants to get caught, even if on a subconscious level. It just doesn't make any sense. Neither does going in his own car. Even renting one, though maybe traceable, eventually - but driving your own car in or near the murder scene?

You could almost imagine the defense making the point that nobody would be this stupid. It's the kind of shit you do in a crime of passion. SMH

by Anonymousreply 488January 18, 2023 1:18 AM

Didn't finish my first thought lol - Even I would have known better, vis a vis the cell phone. And the crap in cars that make them trackable.

by Anonymousreply 489January 18, 2023 1:20 AM

"Does Reasonable Doubt Exist in this Case?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490January 18, 2023 1:34 AM

I lean toward the sheath was a mistake which I’m only basing off his other sloppy moves during this crime.

by Anonymousreply 491January 18, 2023 2:33 AM

I really can’t even imagine murdering someone in cold blood with a knife while they are asleep. There’s so much cowardice and brutality in that. If this isn't a death penalty case, I don't know what is.

by Anonymousreply 492January 18, 2023 2:38 AM

This ^^.

by Anonymousreply 493January 18, 2023 2:41 AM

[quote] Well, I just saw an article that says they think that Kohberger probably has killed before...

And other experts don’t. We don’t now yet.

by Anonymousreply 494January 18, 2023 2:41 AM

Girls and boys are trained to hunt with guns in Idaho. This clown decided to walk into a house with six people and a dog with only a knife. He was beyond lucky. Girls in that area will easily blow your head off.

by Anonymousreply 495January 18, 2023 2:42 AM

"Experts on the Dr. Phil show speculated that...." yeah, experts on Dr. Phil, nuff said. But he would kill again, I know that.

by Anonymousreply 496January 18, 2023 2:44 AM

If their DNA evidence is touch DNA, they’re fucked. It’s consider pseudoscience and isn’t allowed in many courtrooms because of it. They better have skin or blood from him at the scene. As it is, their cell lungs have been destroyed since his phone and everyone else’s would ping off the same tower miles away. Perhaps they found real evidence in his home. Dylan didn’t actually see him.

by Anonymousreply 497January 18, 2023 2:44 AM

If their DNA evidence is touch DNA, they’re fucked. It’s consider pseudoscience and isn’t allowed in many courtrooms because of it. They better have skin or blood from him at the scene. As it is, their cell phone evidence has been destroyed since his phone and everyone else’s would ping off the same tower miles away. Perhaps they found real evidence in his home. Dylan didn’t actually see him.

by Anonymousreply 498January 18, 2023 2:45 AM

We heard you the first time.

And you’re still wrong the second time.

by Anonymousreply 499January 18, 2023 2:46 AM

What a stupid thing to post r498. You know how people keep bitching about conspiracy theorists posting just made-up bullshit, and then all the assholes are reading it and stupidly believing it, even though it has no basis in fact? That’s you. You are doing this, you just made up something serious that you can’t confirm about a person who was the *victim* in a huge murder case. You are the problem, it’s you. You are re-victimizing them by posting make- believe.

Everything that’s going wrong with America, and the world for that matter, is because irresponsible people like you decide to pull shit straight out of your asshole, and then you vomit it to the rest of the world on sites like this.

I am disgusted by what you posted. I’m so disgusted that I won’t even call you names because I don’t think that would wake you up either.

by Anonymousreply 500January 18, 2023 2:55 AM

r474 r475 did either of you do a search? There are a ton of threads.

by Anonymousreply 501January 18, 2023 3:01 AM

Oh I didn't search R501, I just took R474's word for it. This case in particular has had some pretty despicable theorizing going on.

by Anonymousreply 502January 18, 2023 3:04 AM

I know there are a lot of old ones - but all the threads I post on are listed on the right side of my screen - or always have been. Currently, on this subject, there's only this one. That's why I ASKED if this was the only thread (and I meant 'ongoing' thread). I checked just now - and this is the only one.

Maybe Datalounge has decided to stop doing things as they've alway done. I simply ASKED if there were others - I didn't search. I don't want to see all the old threads that are closed. I don't even remember all the names of the threads that don't start "Four Students Found Dead" so I don't know how to search for them.

by Anonymousreply 503January 18, 2023 4:25 AM

Well…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 18, 2023 4:31 AM

[quote]I'm tempted to believe he wants to get caught, even if on a subconscious level.

I think this is true. He is probably getting off on the fame he has right now. Maybe sees himself as an OJ Simpson type of figure... everyone knows he committed this brutal murder, but he thinks he'll get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 505January 18, 2023 4:51 AM

[quote]That's why I ASKED

[quote] I simply ASKED

Cut it out.

[quote]I don't know how to search for them. I don't even remember all the names of the threads that don't start "Four Students Found Dead" so I don't know how to search for them.

No one knows why your watched threads disappeared.

If you want to search, you can search on keywords like "Idaho" and "students" and "Bryan." If you search on just "Idaho" and click only "By Date" you'll get a bunch of recent threads, for example.

by Anonymousreply 506January 18, 2023 4:53 AM

As far as DNA... If there is even a SMIDGEN of the victims' DNA in that car, it's over. And there will be.

Yes, I know he (thinks he) "cleaned" it.

by Anonymousreply 507January 18, 2023 1:36 PM

Surprised he's sticking with the public defender.

by Anonymousreply 508January 18, 2023 1:43 PM

R508, if he can't afford a private attorney, he has no choice. I'm guessing a private attorney would be asking for 5 figures, just to get started.

by Anonymousreply 509January 18, 2023 3:03 PM

R505 Fuck this pasty fool so hard. He's no fucking OJ. OJ was at least a charismatic guy, not a fucking simpering weirdo who hung out in the shadows stalking people who didn't even know him. I hate this guy so much, I really hope some aryan nation asshole splits his skull.

by Anonymousreply 510January 18, 2023 3:19 PM

It’s fascinating to finally know that he was indeed stalking one of them, for real. So he plotted this over months and fantasized about killing her.

by Anonymousreply 511January 18, 2023 3:42 PM

Yep R511, which certainly speaks to pre-meditation.

by Anonymousreply 512January 18, 2023 4:27 PM

What’s his defense going to be?

by Anonymousreply 513January 18, 2023 5:21 PM

R513

The way I see it, it's slim pickings but I think he'll go for:

Mistaken identity.

'You must have me mixed up with some other stupid murderer'.

by Anonymousreply 514January 18, 2023 5:45 PM

Haha, r514. The SODDI defense.

by Anonymousreply 515January 18, 2023 6:12 PM

I'm going with the "party house" defense. His very-female defense lawyer will relish telling jurors about the huge number of people who were in and out of there constantly. Bryan will claim he was at at least one party with dozens, maybe hundreds, of other people. And of course they were partying everywhere-- including the bedrooms.

by Anonymousreply 516January 18, 2023 6:15 PM

Like OJ, he will attack the prosecutor’s evidence and not testify.

by Anonymousreply 517January 18, 2023 6:17 PM

Reports today (from an unsealed search warrant) state that blood was found in his apartment, and hair, either human or from a dog.

If that hair is matched to one of the victims or their dog, that's incredibly damning. If the blood matches any of them - he's toast.

by Anonymousreply 518January 18, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote]The SODDI defense.

Or the dindu nuffin defense.

by Anonymousreply 519January 18, 2023 8:13 PM

[quote] If the blood matches any of them - he's toast.

They've had ample time to identify the blood samples. So do they match or is this a prosecutorial ploy to prejudice the jury pool?

by Anonymousreply 520January 18, 2023 8:24 PM

Why does it have to be either? Maybe the defense and the prosecution already know and are not telling the public. Maybe the lab hasn’t finished the testing yet.

People seem to forget that a PCA lays an outline of the prosecution’s case—a cursory glance—to prove to a judge there’s probable cause to arrest the person. It doesn't lay out each and every aspect of their case.

by Anonymousreply 521January 18, 2023 8:33 PM

R 520 The attorneys are under a gag order. They are not allowed to talk to the press.

by Anonymousreply 522January 18, 2023 8:35 PM

Murphy solves the case!

by Anonymousreply 523January 18, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote]They've had ample time to identify the blood samples. So do they match or is this a prosecutorial ploy to prejudice the jury pool?

Not the blood samples found in his apartment, they only collected those a few weeks ago. That will still be a few weeks, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 524January 18, 2023 9:27 PM

Yes. The defense will try to throw things out of court but I wonder if the current defense counsel will quit. There seems to be a mountain of evidence. At the very least it's keeping him from getting the death penalty. Maybe she'll go the Leopold and Loeb/Darrow route. Plead guilty and let the judge sentence in favor of life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525January 18, 2023 9:29 PM

"Surprised he's sticking with the public defender."

Apparently no other lawyer has stepped forward to defend this dweeb pro bono, as sometimes happens in high=profile cases, and BK can't afford to pay a lawyer.

Which BTW is one big reason that BK definitely didn't "want to get caught", the other big reasons being that he's a sociopath with a "clinical lack of empathy" or the absence of a conscience, that and his overweening desire to appear smarter than everyone else. And unlike OJ, he can't afford to be thought of as a guy who got away with murder, he doesn't have OJ's money or untouchable pension, getting away with murder makes a person an unemployable pariah and BK needs to earn a living. But most of all, his self-image as the smartest guy in the room would be destroyed, if he were outsmarted by a bunch of small-town podunk cops! No, he didn't want to be caught, he wanted to get away with it, and the fact that has shown the whole fucking world that BK isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 526January 18, 2023 10:12 PM

[quote]blood was found in his apartment, and hair, either human or from a dog

Murphy the dog was unhurt so if they did find traces of dog's blood in his apartment I wouldn't be surprised if they came from that farm dog from the other side of town that was found completely skinned a couple of weeks before the murders.

by Anonymousreply 527January 18, 2023 10:15 PM

R477 why did you change possibly to probably? hmm?

by Anonymousreply 528January 18, 2023 10:23 PM

R523

I would love it if the dog hair from Murphy solved the case! Murphy takes a bite outta crime!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 18, 2023 10:42 PM

BK could say that the dog hair was picked up when he was previously in the house during a raging party. That might also be used to explain his phone pinging near the house all of those times.

Blood from the victims in his house or car, however, will be near impossible to explain away. As would DNA of his on the victims (skin under the fingernails, etc).

by Anonymousreply 530January 18, 2023 10:47 PM

He has to admit to stalking one or some of the girls because police know this through his cell locations. There's no denying it. And we know he was at the crime scene because he will have blood in his car and home, plus Dylan will be able to identify him as the man she saw in the house.

His only defense is to say he watched them but never meant them any harm. He was lurking that night and heard sounds or saw someone fleeing, so out of concern he entered the house to see if everyone was okay. He walked through the blood, panicked when he found the dead bodies, then fled the house in fear he might be blamed. This is the only possible defense.

by Anonymousreply 531January 18, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote] And you’re still wrong the second time.

Nope, it’s 1000% factual. Also, r500 is mentally ill and has no fucking clue what they’re babbling about.

by Anonymousreply 532January 18, 2023 11:46 PM

[quote] He has to admit to stalking one or some of the girls because police know this through his cell locations. There's no denying it. And we know he was at the crime scene because he will have blood in his car and home, plus Dylan will be able to identify him as the man she saw in the house.

The cell towers thing has a lot of problems. We don’t know that there is any blood in the car. Dylan could only see eyebrows and height. His home computer will be what may turn over the greatest amount of evidence.

by Anonymousreply 533January 18, 2023 11:47 PM

[quote] Like OJ, he will attack the prosecutor’s evidence and not testify.

Yeah, that’s how trials work, Einstein. 99.9% of defendants don’t testify. They’re told not too. It opens them up to self-incrimination.

by Anonymousreply 534January 18, 2023 11:50 PM

Cell phone pings are not GPS. Your own phone is pinging a tower miles and miles away right now. It doesn’t prove that he was there at all. That’s not going to be something that they can use unless they have a shitton more which they may in fact have. The bottom line is his phone alone will be destroyed by the defense. It’s not strong.

by Anonymousreply 535January 18, 2023 11:52 PM

Casey Anthony, OJ, Robert Blake and a ton of others are walking around free. Just remember that.

by Anonymousreply 536January 18, 2023 11:53 PM

Cell towers were problematic in the 90s (thinking of the Adnan Syed case) but now cell tower pings have a range of within three-quarters of a mile or so. It's accurate and yes, he was there and this will be used. And there is blood in the car; he would not have any way to clean it thoroughly enough for forensic scrutiny.

The only way he can explain any of this is to admit to being at the house but to say he wasn't there to harm the girls, he rushed in to help, etc.

The affidavit was remarkable in pulling together different types of evidence and painting a clear picture of who is responsible. Unusual to see something like this and much more will come out in the trial. Why forecast that he will walk free?

by Anonymousreply 537January 19, 2023 12:04 AM

[quote]plus Dylan will be able to identify him as the man she saw in the house.

There's no way she can convince a jury that a man she saw in the dark wearing a mask for a few fleeting seconds is the same person as the defendant.

by Anonymousreply 538January 19, 2023 12:18 AM

From the affidavit it sounds to me like she got a pretty good look and we are likely to hear more in court:

"D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and saw a male figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her. D.M. described the figure as 5'1 0" or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows."

by Anonymousreply 539January 19, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote] bushy eyebrows

That doesn't do much to narrow it down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540January 19, 2023 12:34 AM

IF he tries to say he entered the house and tried to help the most obvious answer to that is then why didn't you notify the police at any time?

Also, why didn't you notify the police after when it was huge news all over that the police were looking for the killer. He admitted to officers when he was picked up he knew about the case because his answer was something like, 'of course I knew about it. It was only 9 miles away'. So he knew was there and didn't report a murder of four?

If there was blood on his pillow from one of the victims gonna be hard to talk that away. If there is a hair from Murphy the dog in his house and the dog was shut up in a room while the murders went on, gonna be hard to talk that away. If there is blood in his car, house, parents house or the shoeprints found in the house match his shoes, gonna be hard to talk that away. He turned off the phone just as he left his house and just after the murder occurred. Interesting. I believe they said his car is seen on camera speeding away from the house.

If he claims he was there to help, but scoured every inch of his car, hid evidence of blood, didn't tell the police, ever, if shoes match to prove he was actually in the house, a witness that in spite of what people say, can identify him. How many guys that looked like him were there that night after the murder that she did not know in her own house after 4am?

and to say nothing of what they might find on his computer or cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 541January 19, 2023 12:35 AM

[quote]They’re told not too.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 542January 19, 2023 12:37 AM

and what if Dylan hasn't said ALL she saw and heard.

by Anonymousreply 543January 19, 2023 12:42 AM

R541, he'll say he didn't call the police because he was afraid he would be blamed for the murders (because he was guilty of stalking and now had blood on him from walking into the bedrooms).

Obviously the story isn't true, but this is what his defense will use to try and create reasonable doubt.

by Anonymousreply 544January 19, 2023 12:45 AM

I'm guessing Dylan can not ID BK. If so, I think the PC affidavit would have stated that she ID'd him in a photo lineup. In my jurisdiction, they do a 6-photo lineup. However, she can state what the person looked like (bushy eyebrows, approximate height & build, etc.). As stated many times in this thread, she could be a problem witness.

by Anonymousreply 545January 19, 2023 1:36 AM

R541, excellent job of laying out the defense. I think the only line you missed is, “check mate!” I think his goose is cooked.

Playing Devil’s Advocate, why would he be obligated to report it to police? He has the presumption of innocence plus he feared the power of the government. He could argue that because he studies criminal law, he knows cops will not believe anything he says so he opted to wait and get a lawyer. He could also easily say the odds of not being charged were so small that he simply rolled the dice and didn’t do anything to help the police do their job, “charge me for lying to the cops, for not reporting it, but you can’t charge me with murders because I didn’t do it!”

But having this much evidence against him, I think with these newer pieces of evidence being processed, I can’t believe one new piece will not be tied to this crime. And the hair, if it belongs to anyone from Bridge Road, isn’t something one can easily explain away. If he tries to claim he went in the house, then he has to somehow prove this version for a jury to find him innocent. If none of the new evidence matches any one of the victims/dog, then this case is another Casey Anthony in the making.

R545 I agree with you, I think they just threw everything they could into the PCA to show how strong their circumstantial case is, not knowing yet which pieces of evidence will be used versus what may get tossed for their case to the jury. And they also knew they had not yet searched his car or apartment — they seem confident that more evidence will he discovered.

by Anonymousreply 546January 19, 2023 1:51 AM

I don’t think this case is as weak as Casey Anthony’s - her lawyer was able to create reasonable by doubt by insinuating that the grandfather killed Caylee, or that Caylee accidentally drowned, and no one wanted to get in trouble for it. (Even though that is all clearly bullshit).

There is no one else in this case to account for any of the evidence. All of the separate pieces of evidence converge on him.

My favorite fuck up of his is how he drove around in front of cameras, trying to find a good parking spot for the murder.

by Anonymousreply 547January 19, 2023 2:46 AM

He was messaging one of them so that right there shows it wasn't just a casual, been to a party there before, type thing. So he may just be the ultimate incel after all. His unrequited love sent him into a rage.

by Anonymousreply 548January 19, 2023 2:47 AM

I would also like to add that just saying you’ve been to a party there isn’t going to be enough to explain your DNA in their house. You would have to provide some proof for it to be even remotely believable - a date of a party, a common friend who invited you, a pic of you there, a witness who remembers you there, etc. No one is going to believe that this loser got invited to their parties.

by Anonymousreply 549January 19, 2023 2:51 AM

Experts are disappointed by what was found at apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 19, 2023 2:51 AM

Is the sheath blood touched dna or no? Everything is circumstantial in the PCA. Yes, we are hearing of new evidence, but who is sourcing this info?

by Anonymousreply 551January 19, 2023 2:54 AM

"Playing Devil’s Advocate, why would he be obligated to report it to police?"

For the same reasons that you all bashed Dylan for not calling the police! The potential to save someone by getting prompt medical care, or to catch the killer before he kills again, or is left free to terrorize the region.

I don't know about Idaho, but there are laws on the books in some areas, making it a crime to fail to report an emergency to the authorities, because of the above reasons. I doubt Idaho is one of those regions, though, too many anti-government nutballs

by Anonymousreply 552January 19, 2023 3:20 AM

I agree r552, but how much further a leap is it to say that he’s guilty of that “but not the murders”? If his attorney can keep a straight face, doesn’t this case require a unanimous verdict? I do not know if failure to report us a crime in Idaho. But I don’t know that a judge would allow that because that’s a different case, it might be overreaching.

by Anonymousreply 553January 19, 2023 3:36 AM

[quote] her lawyer was able to create reasonable by doubt by insinuating that the grandfather killed Caylee, or that Caylee accidentally drowned

Did the Casey Anthony jurors really believe that Casey's dad might have killed Caylee? I don't think so. IMO, it seemed like the prosecutor could not present a reasonable-sounding cause of death (body was very decomposed and I don't think they did a good presentation of evidence & did not do a good closing argument).

by Anonymousreply 554January 19, 2023 3:41 AM

[quote] No one is going to believe that this loser got invited to their parties.

This was a rental house near the University of Idaho. I'm sure they had all kinds of people, including crashers, coming into that house. People here are talking like it was an elite group and elite house. In an earlier thread, someone said that these students were the "creme de la creme." Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 555January 19, 2023 3:43 AM

Two different multiple murders of college students occurred on November 13, 2022. One totally disappeared from the national news as soon as there was an arrest..

No ongoing search of people who knew him for interviews. No speculation about other murders. Nada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 19, 2023 4:07 AM

I don't think ANYONE believes this guy got invited to parties, but that doesn't mean he didn't show up to some parties and sneak around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 557January 19, 2023 4:10 AM

Thing is they were all kind of winding up the night that night at 4am. No visitors were there and they were in their rooms I believe. Yes a party house but not at that time that night and if Dylan saw a man in the house that she didn’t know why if it was a party house would she report she was terrified and lock her door? Why would a party guy be there with a mask on?

I still think it likely it will go to a judge to decide and skip a jury process because I don’t think with the amount of evidence they have he would get acquitted.

But supposing it does go before a jury, what would a jury of his peers be? Yes, it’s tempting to make jokes here but seriously, what is a jury of this guys peers? Students? Males?

by Anonymousreply 558January 19, 2023 4:11 AM

R556

Probably a few reasons.

1. They knew immediately who the killer was. 2. Victims were women, and women are interested in this kind of true crime. 2. Happened among football players who have a tendency to be violent. Every year there are incidents with players. 3. The media is trying not to over report violence among Blacks to make up for past bias and not imply they are violent. Gang related stuff, for example, frequently get discussed in code, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 559January 19, 2023 4:13 AM

A jury of one's peers today in the United States refers to the right to a trial by an impartial jury chosen from a cross-section of the community. The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guarantees this right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560January 19, 2023 4:16 AM

Here's Part 12 of this thread for when we need it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561January 19, 2023 4:19 AM

I wonder what percentage of university students are registered to vote in Moscow? That's where juries are selected - from the list of voters.

If it's a typical (Republican) town in Idaho, I'd expect a pro-death penalty, no-nonsense kind of jury, that doesn't like to go easy on criminals. Hope so, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 562January 19, 2023 4:19 AM

I'm guessing defense would ask for a change of venue if this case goes to trial.

by Anonymousreply 563January 19, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote]r558 Why would a party guy be there with a mask on?

Covid.

by Anonymousreply 564January 19, 2023 4:25 AM

R550 Jennifer Coffindaffer has somehow made herself conspicuous as a true crime talking head in the past year, despite being consistently wrong in her theories. She's quickly becoming the Nancy Grace of ex-FBI agents.

by Anonymousreply 565January 19, 2023 4:41 AM

Those parties no one wore masks. They have pictures of that, because of the cops having to go there, but then this one lone guy wears one because of covid? and he’s the only visitor at the time of the murders and is just leaving, is there just after 4am when that is when everyone was just killed.

Also, I read that he had to be covered in blood and yet no one has brought that up as to whether Dylan saw that. Is that what frightened her so?

by Anonymousreply 566January 19, 2023 4:42 AM

If he was dressed in black, and the house was mostly dark, then Dylan probably didn't see the blood on his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 567January 19, 2023 4:46 AM

If BK is the freak who skinned the dog weeks before, why did he spare Murphy? Serial killers love torturing animals. Also, I do believe he’d killed before. This attack was too risky and brazen for a first timer.

One thing I’m curious about….if Xana had to be at work in a few hours, why was she ordering food instead of trying to get a little sleep before her shift? These kids were gluttons for punishment.

by Anonymousreply 568January 19, 2023 4:53 AM

This guy was in town for less than 4 months before he committed the murder. He’s not inconspicuous. I think if he had shown up at the house for a party (especially uninvited and hanging by himself), someone would remember. It’s almost like he moved to town, immediately fixated on at least one of the girls, and the rest is history. He involved himself way too much on the edges of their lives for him to have ever had any hope of getting away with this.

by Anonymousreply 569January 19, 2023 4:54 AM

I don't think it would be normal for college students in Idaho to attend parties wearing masks. Idaho is a Trump-voting red state.

by Anonymousreply 570January 19, 2023 4:59 AM

[quote]if Xana had to be at work in a few hours, why was she ordering food instead of trying to get a little sleep before her shift?

You didn't go to college, did you?

by Anonymousreply 571January 19, 2023 5:02 AM

[quote]I think if he had shown up at the house for a party (especially uninvited and hanging by himself), someone would remember.

I do too, I think if he was there for more than a couple of minutes, someone probably remembers him. But I also think he could have shown up, hung around outside a bit, snooped around, then wandered home without many people really wondering about it.

I also think Dylan might have recognized him later on, something along the lines of "I couldn't see his face, just his build and eyebrows, and later I was remembering this weird guy that showed up to a party last month and I think it could be the same person."

by Anonymousreply 572January 19, 2023 5:04 AM

"...if Dylan saw a man in the house that she didn’t know why if it was a party house would she report she was terrified and lock her door?:

It's possible that she'd seen the other girls' hookups in the house before, but something about BK frightened her more than the average strange man, something that she may not have understood herself at the time. Humans have instincts that kick in when danger is present, instincts that civilized people largely ignore, but we can still have gut feelings about people who are dangerous. That's something crime prevention experts are always saying, "listen to your gut or instincts", because those instincts may keep you from getting into the elevator with the wrong guy or walking down the wrong dark street.

Or maybe Dylan didn't realize that the strange smell in the corridor was blood. No spoiled college student knows what a murder scene smells like.

by Anonymousreply 573January 19, 2023 5:05 AM

R571 I went. But I was all work and no play. I had too many responsibilities to spend half my life drunk.

by Anonymousreply 574January 19, 2023 5:06 AM

[quote] If it's a typical (Republican) town in Idaho, I'd expect a pro-death penalty, no-nonsense kind of jury, that doesn't like to go easy on criminals. Hope so, anyway.

There’s a high probability that it won’t be tried in Idaho. They’ve spoken about this. They want a fair trial. Idaho is too close to the story. The public there knows everything already.

by Anonymousreply 575January 19, 2023 5:09 AM

Really, why DID he wear a mask anyway?

He went there to murder, he wouldn’t have left a witness hanging around. What murderer feels so secure in a little black mask that covers his nose and mouth that he goes in there to kill thinking if I don’t get ‘em all they’ll never recognize me ‘cause I gots me my trusty little black mask on’.

What WAS he wearing a mask for?

And I don’t want to hear ‘Covid’. 😆

by Anonymousreply 576January 19, 2023 5:09 AM

Or should I say, has been tainted by the media - rumor and innuendo.

by Anonymousreply 577January 19, 2023 5:09 AM

R576, you first have to prove that it was him who was under the mask. They didn’t find a mask.

by Anonymousreply 578January 19, 2023 5:10 AM

Duly noted that you're a better person than Xana was, r574.

However, if you went to college, then I would assume you occasionally spoke to others at times, correct? And may have possibly heard of those who slept before they went to parties, then just went to class or work right after? Or those who were already up late so they just stayed up, went to class and work, then came home and crashed?

These are things that sometimes happen.

by Anonymousreply 579January 19, 2023 5:13 AM

We don't know that it was a COVID mask.

by Anonymousreply 580January 19, 2023 5:14 AM

I think they'll try him in Coeur d'Alene.

by Anonymousreply 581January 19, 2023 5:16 AM

As for BK showing up at parties, well, who the hell remembers exactly who was at a good college party! Everyone's at least a bit impaired, there are crowds, lighting is bad, the noise is loud enough that you can't get anyone's name, nobody concentrates on anything but potential hookups, and there's hardly a butler at the door making sure everyone has an invitation.

I presume anyone could walk into a party in that house, although of course once there some people would be accepted as one-of-us and others wouldn't. BK wouldn't have immediately stood out as the kind of loser who wasn't welcome, he wasn't exactly a 300 pounder wearing a grubby Star Trek t-shirt, but he wouldn't have been a hit with the frat types. I don't think anyone would have paid much attention to him, unless he opened enough to be actively creepy.

by Anonymousreply 582January 19, 2023 5:20 AM

I wonder what he did with the clothes he wore that night? Supposedly bloody. Did he throw them in a washing machine, stash them somewhere? Throw them away?

Wonder if they will find them or the knife?

by Anonymousreply 583January 19, 2023 5:21 AM

The evidence list released had receipts for some Dickies item, could be anything from hoodies to shoes, but they didn't list any actual clothing. Makes me think he got rid of it all somewhere. But if those brown stains on the pillow that they found are blood, then he's cooked no matter what.

What a half-assed job this motherfucker did. I think that's why I'm so mad about these murders, it was just some stupid idea from some stupid mentally ill asshole who didn't even have a good reason or know what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 584January 19, 2023 5:39 AM

[quote] As for BK showing up at parties, well, who the hell remembers exactly who was at a good college party!

And there you have it. He could have easily been at a party, which would explain any DNA. They better have some serious shit on him because it looks like a flimsy case when presented in front of a jury. If this guy walks, people better start sleeping with one eye open wherever he is.

by Anonymousreply 585January 19, 2023 10:36 AM

R581 One of the girls is from Couer D' Alene (sp) so it won't go well for him if he's tried there. R584 Exactly! That's what makes me so mad too. He did this just for the fuck of it and was just going to kill whoever he wanted to with no real motive or plan.

by Anonymousreply 586January 19, 2023 1:34 PM

If this goes to trial, Dylan is going to be a problem witness. The defense is going to tear her apart. They might even call her themselves and force her to admit that people were in an out of there all the time and parties happened regularly where anyone could wander in and out and not be remembered.

by Anonymousreply 587January 19, 2023 2:29 PM

R556,

There’s no mystery in the case you cited. These kids were slaughtered in their own home by an unknown person in the middle of the night. The police couldn’t (or wouldn’t) tell the public whether or not the public should feel safe or was at risk, if the victims were targeted or if they had any leads whatsoever.

In your case, some nutjob that everyone knew shot up the bus in which he was riding and was captured a couple hours later. No mystery about that.

by Anonymousreply 588January 19, 2023 4:03 PM

R587- if the defense has any sense, they won't do anything to make a pretty, traumatized blonde girl cry on the stand. That wouldn't help their case at all.

by Anonymousreply 589January 19, 2023 8:03 PM

*If.

by Anonymousreply 590January 19, 2023 8:05 PM

Moscow ID has a Marshalls? That would explain Kaylees questionable fashion choices.

Also, all those attractive IG photos of her are old. She was fat, and had begun to lose her looks.

Speaking of their photos, why is one girl always standing on one foot with her leg stuck out??

by Anonymousreply 591January 19, 2023 8:12 PM

^ Hissssssssss

by Anonymousreply 592January 19, 2023 8:31 PM

Is this where the girls got their leg-up pose?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593January 19, 2023 8:32 PM

[quote]One thing I’m curious about….if Xana had to be at work in a few hours, why was she ordering food instead of trying to get a little sleep before her shift?

She worked at a restaurant...it probably opened at 11a. So if she was eating at 4a and going right to bed, it seems reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 594January 20, 2023 12:41 AM

Hey, R593 where did you get that photo? What is it or who is it and I think you are very right. That's the pose they did.

by Anonymousreply 595January 20, 2023 12:47 AM

I hope that Bryan Kohberger handles his own defense.

by Anonymousreply 596January 20, 2023 1:26 AM

They’ll also out the fact that there was heavy drug usage going on, maybe even dealing, and no doubt Dylan was high as a kite that night. The only way the prosecution can get a guilty verdict is by having a stupid jury. It doesn’t look like they have much to go on and I’m someone who thinks he did it. Proving it beyond a reasonable doubt is another. Remember, just because you’re found not guilty doesn’t mean you didn’t do it. Just that the state didn’t prove its case. The crime scene was also tainted with people running in and out before the police arrived the day of.

by Anonymousreply 597January 20, 2023 2:10 AM

Where are you getting your "facts" that there was heavy drug usage, or perhaps dealing? I haven't seen any indication anywhere that pointed in that direction. I'm sure they got stoned, like practically all other undergrads do- but they appear like very typical sorority/frat-types who like to drink.

by Anonymousreply 598January 20, 2023 3:04 AM

Was there heavy cock usage in that house?

by Anonymousreply 599January 20, 2023 3:09 AM

R599 , no doubt!

by Anonymousreply 600January 20, 2023 3:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!