Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Four Students Found Dead Near the University of Idaho Part 10 SUSPECT ARRESTED

Previous thread / Part 9 linked, below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602January 8, 2023 11:29 PM

Please continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 3, 2023 7:12 PM

51,000 watching the hearing, at the moment. Just an extradition hearing lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 3, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote] Indiana State Police have released body-camera video from one of its troopers that pulled over Bryan Kohberger and his father on I-70 just outside of Indianapolis. ISP says at the time there was no information available for a suspect in the Idaho murders

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 3, 2023 9:02 PM

The coverage was very good R2. I happened to tune into Court TV last week to see something on the case, and I switched it off after a few minutes as the reporters were screaming. The WFLA guys were knowledgeable and easy to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2023 9:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2023 9:03 PM

If they got the he wrong guy that Moscow chief will be a little more nervous than he already is.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2023 9:06 PM

Has the father never brushed his teeth? It takes quite awhile to develop stains like that.

by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2023 9:07 PM

R6 they have the right guy. 99.9% sure of it.

by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2023 9:08 PM

They are both disgusting

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2023 9:09 PM

R7, you had the same observation I did.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2023 9:11 PM

Do they have dentists in Pennsylvania?

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2023 9:12 PM

R7 and R10 are typical MARYS!

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2023 9:12 PM

I'm still flabbergasted by the father's teeth. It literally looks like he's never brushed them, never mind visited a dentist. Imagine the smell!!

by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2023 9:14 PM

It's funny. This guy and his attorney are pushing the "got the wrong guy" narrative.

If this guy is guilty (and I think he is) what kind of monster is he? And the awful attorney is complicit.

My fear is the local cops have fucked this all up and he could walk.

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2023 9:17 PM

R14 Nah, they always do that. 'It wasn't me!'

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2023 9:22 PM

R14 the FBI assisted them. There was a DNA match AND use of forensic genealogy. If you do not know what forensic genealogy is you should google it and see how it is applied to cases like this.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2023 9:22 PM

Ok having seen him, his dad, the filthy teeth, and the dirty door handle on that traffic stop video I believe he is 99.9% likely to be guilty.

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote] There was a DNA match

Was there? I haven't seen details but what has been discussed so far doesn't necessarily nail down the case. IF his DNA is on one or more bodies that should be dipositive. But if DNA is simply in the premises that can be explained away as a guest at one of the loud parties that appear to have been so common there.

by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2023 9:37 PM

Dopey cop doesn’t know that the cam is supposed to be on the individual. .

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2023 9:41 PM

[quote] If this guy is guilty (and I think he is) what kind of monster is he? And the awful attorney is complicit.

You’re an idiot. Learn how the legal system works. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2023 9:42 PM

He probably thought he was getting pulled over for the murders.

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2023 9:44 PM

[quote] But if DNA is simply in the premises that can be explained away as a guest at one of the loud parties that appear to have been so common there.

So KB's argument would be that he had been at one of the parties?

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2023 9:44 PM

Looks like low set ears to me.

So is this what they call a 'perp walk'?

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2023 10:07 PM

I'm getting really tired and irritated at how ugly everyone involved in this story is.

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2023 10:23 PM

[quote] are typical MARYS!

How bad are you teeth, hon?

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2023 10:54 PM

R24, Adam L. Is a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2023 11:06 PM

They don't make 'em like Bundy any more.

by Anonymousreply 27January 4, 2023 12:30 AM

Thanks R27. Say, I just realized I can't get this kayak on my car with my arm in a sling and all, do you think you can help me? My Bug is just over here....

by Anonymousreply 28January 4, 2023 1:06 AM

This smokin hot officer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 4, 2023 4:32 AM

OF COURSE the cops let Kohberger go! There was no warrant out for his arrest when the traffic stops were made, and people can't be arrested because they made a minor violation in a white Elantra.

So don't slam the flyover cops for failing to arrest Kohberger during his road trip, they aren't supposed to harass anyone driving a white Elantra away from Idaho, they're supposed to make a record of their presence and save the bodycam film, which they did.

by Anonymousreply 30January 4, 2023 6:54 AM

The dad is probably a smoker, right? Is he the alleged accomplice after the fact?

by Anonymousreply 31January 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Pretty sure the police said there was no accomplice, as far as they knew. It was in one of the last press releases before the gag order.

by Anonymousreply 32January 4, 2023 7:52 AM

I really hope they’re not basing this all on touch DNA. That’s extremely controversial.

by Anonymousreply 33January 4, 2023 8:16 AM

R29 Officer Munez, I’m hiding exculpatory State’s Evidence up my wazoo

by Anonymousreply 34January 4, 2023 8:26 AM

R29- Bless you.

by Anonymousreply 35January 4, 2023 8:37 AM

Will the Moscow Police put out a Calendar?

by Anonymousreply 36January 4, 2023 9:26 AM

[quote]WSU is only an hour’s drive from Salem, Oregon, where the sleeping couple were stabbed in their home last year on August the 13th.

[quote]^^ I meant, last last year, in 2021.

Bringing this over from the previous thread (which still has a couple of replies left before it closes): I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and I'd bet the police in that case and others are looking into whether BK could have possibly been responsible.

However, he was in PA until this summer, so it's probably more likely that if he's responsible for other murders, they were in PA or the surrounding area and not in the Northwest.

by Anonymousreply 37January 4, 2023 10:34 AM

R36, Officer Muniz works in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 38January 4, 2023 12:46 PM

They surveilled him for 4 days or something before the arrest. My guess is they got his actual dna from household garbage during that time.

by Anonymousreply 39January 4, 2023 1:36 PM

[quote] WSU is only an hour’s drive from Salem, Oregon, where the sleeping couple were stabbed in their home last year on August the 13th.

WSU is at least a 6-hour drive from Salem, Oregon. In any case, the targeting of the college girls seems more likely than a serial stabber of random people on the 13th of a month.

by Anonymousreply 40January 4, 2023 2:41 PM

They got the freak killer using reverse dna ! Amazing huh ? Wonder what relative gave their dna to ansestry ? Oh and by the way his dads teef are just old teef's , it happens to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 41January 4, 2023 3:17 PM

My mom is 81 and her teeth are not glossy white but they aren't mossy brown either.

by Anonymousreply 42January 4, 2023 3:19 PM

Where can I see dad’s teefs?

by Anonymousreply 43January 4, 2023 3:41 PM

The warden of the Pennsylvania jail where Bryan Kohberger has been held described the accused killer’s time behind bars as “uneventful” — denying reports that the suspect taunted jail guards.

Kohlberger, who is accused of murder in the killing of four University of Idaho students, was housed at the Monroe County Correctional Facility alone on suicide watch as a high-security inmate, Warden Garry Haidle told the Idaho Statesman.

“His confinement at the Monroe County Correctional Facility was uneventful,” Haidle told the outlet.

The jail chief told the outlet that “all normal policies and procedures have been followed” since he was locked up Friday morning.

The warden also denied a report from a fellow inmate who claimed that Kohberger taunted guards, tried to expose himself and sang violent rap songs.

by Anonymousreply 44January 4, 2023 3:43 PM

My SIL works at the building he’s currently housed in. Says it’s a shitshow with all the media.

by Anonymousreply 45January 4, 2023 3:52 PM

The DNA is what brought him under surveillance. They didn’t get it while following him.

by Anonymousreply 46January 4, 2023 5:11 PM

Footage of the first traffic stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 4, 2023 5:12 PM

God, he really has the crazy eyes.

Very, very angry micro expressions.

Even though he otherwise looks fairly innocuous, I’d steer clear of him for the general aura of rage. Those people are very dangerous. Even when they’re not killers.

by Anonymousreply 48January 4, 2023 5:19 PM

He’s too old now, but this feels like a role that younger Pablo Schreiber was born to play.

by Anonymousreply 49January 4, 2023 6:23 PM

Omg when did all of these murders take place?

by Anonymousreply 50January 4, 2023 7:35 PM

Thanks for your input r16.

If dna evidence is mishandled in any way it becomes inadmissible. Then they won't have much. That is my concern.

Perhaps if you don't understand this you could google it.

by Anonymousreply 51January 4, 2023 8:00 PM

There were two unsolved stabbing murders in the region earlier this year, R50, taking place on the 13th of the month, the information is on the internet if you're curious.

What I'M curious about is how much his family knew! His sister is a therapist, even if the parents are in denial she had to know that there was something wrong with Bryan. Psychos may be able to fool doting parents who don't want to know, but as they feel free to terrorize siblings when growing up, that if he's guilty then I bet she knew how dangerous he was, and discussed or tried to discuss it with the parents. Did the father have suspicions when he brought his son home in the white Elantra?

by Anonymousreply 52January 4, 2023 8:10 PM

I heard on the radio he was stalking those girls for weeks. His phone record pings show it. Hope this is true and they lock him in the clink and throw away the key.

by Anonymousreply 53January 4, 2023 8:13 PM

Omg when did this happen?

by Anonymousreply 54January 4, 2023 8:14 PM

I'm guessing the father & family had suspicions. The white Elantra. This was a huge, nation-wide story. It makes more sense for the family to pay for a round-trip plane ticket (home for holidays) for BK. Not have Dad fly one-way to help BK drive the car coast-to-coast. Gas is expensive, now, on top of everything. Financially, it doesn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 55January 4, 2023 8:20 PM

The guy who sold him the knife has come forward. Bryan used his photo in a mask and spread around the rumor that it was one of the university students.

This video goes into Bryan’s posts. He revealed exactly how he did it and who the target was.

Go to 07:51

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 4, 2023 8:55 PM

Ugh this guy in R56 I hate already. "Brutally made four college students pass away" he has a crime channel and can't say killed? Also, what's with the fucking make up?

by Anonymousreply 57January 5, 2023 12:07 AM

R57, YouTubers cannot say certain words. They’ll get demonized. All of them do this now.

by Anonymousreply 58January 5, 2023 1:06 AM

R57, YouTubers cannot say certain words. They’ll get demonitized. All of them do this now.

by Anonymousreply 59January 5, 2023 1:06 AM

I haven't been following this story. Can someone confirm that they are still dead?

by Anonymousreply 60January 5, 2023 1:09 AM

That YouTuber linked @ R56 makes a plausible case for the alleged killer compulsively posting details of his crime on social media prior to his arrest.

by Anonymousreply 61January 5, 2023 2:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 5, 2023 2:55 AM

Per Brian Entin, Kohberger is back in Idaho and booked into the Latah County, Idaho jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 5, 2023 3:09 AM

So then he did know them and was stalking them, it seems, which makes me breathe easier he wasn't just some rando.

by Anonymousreply 64January 5, 2023 3:44 AM

I'm watching some fat guy talk about this and he zooms in on the footage and shows that bryan may have a cut on his arm.

by Anonymousreply 65January 5, 2023 3:57 AM

What fat guy, R65?

by Anonymousreply 66January 5, 2023 4:04 AM

Fat and Opinionated, let me find it. He just came up for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 5, 2023 4:19 AM

The vast majority of the online accounts being cited as "probably Bryan" are observably not him. At least three of them have been active since Bryan was arrested, the Poppa guy and two of the Reddit accounts, yet people still insist they're "probably Bryan." Any grifting YouTuber bullshit artist who says he's pieced together Bryan's online comments is just scamming you for clicks and ad dollars.

by Anonymousreply 68January 5, 2023 4:22 AM

He sho is ugly!

by Anonymousreply 69January 5, 2023 4:40 AM

R62, love that this loser who may have killed due to rage borne of non-attention from women is brought in by an officer who gets all the attention from women (and DLers.)

Is it irony? It might be irony.

by Anonymousreply 70January 5, 2023 4:46 AM

I don't know R70, but I love it too! And Bryan looks even more troll-like next to him. That officer will be stalked on social media much like bryan wishes he could.

by Anonymousreply 71January 5, 2023 4:48 AM

I actually give him the benefit of the doubt. He’s more articulate and composed than I imagined him to be.

by Anonymousreply 72January 5, 2023 4:51 AM

We need to talk about Bryan

by Anonymousreply 73January 5, 2023 6:13 AM

“Officer Hot Piece and Suspect Decidedly Not Hot Piece”

by Anonymousreply 74January 5, 2023 6:22 AM

I read that the cops were asked to pull him over by the FBI so that they could get a look at his hands specifically. I'm sure some people will be furious that he was pulled over for some bullshit reasons just so they could look at him but I'm not mad, he's the motherfucker who did it, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 75January 5, 2023 12:57 PM

[quote] So then he did know them and was stalking them, it seems, which makes me breathe easier

lol, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 76January 5, 2023 1:00 PM

[quote] I'm sure some people will be furious that he was pulled over for some bullshit reasons just so they could look at him but I'm not mad

Quit posting.

by Anonymousreply 77January 5, 2023 1:01 PM

[quote] love that this loser who may have killed due to rage borne of non-attention from women

There’s nothing backing up any claim that he did this because women didn’t pay attention to him. That’s ignorant frau shit. The guy simply wanted to know what killing someone felt like.

by Anonymousreply 78January 5, 2023 1:02 PM

[quote] At least three of them have been active since Bryan was arrested

Which ones? LookingIn isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 79January 5, 2023 1:04 PM

People believe Bryan was on Facebook by the name of Papa Rodger.

by Anonymousreply 80January 5, 2023 2:29 PM

I agree r78. This was a Thrill Kill, all the way. He's positively nuts, and needs to be put away for the rest of his life.

The only positive that could come out of this whole tragedy is that we'll have years to examine this guy and his psyche in minute detail, so experts (or so-called experts) may be able to gleam how he came to be how he was and what drove or incited him to kill like he did. This guy is apparently East Coast middle-class, from an intact nuclear family, educated (as are other family members, well-so) and allegedly free from serious abuse growing up (that we're aware of). He doesn't fit the profile of a crazed serial killer at all.

by Anonymousreply 81January 5, 2023 3:03 PM

𝐆𝐀𝐆 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑

An Idaho judge issued a GAG ORDER Tuesday blocking investigators and attorneys on both sides from discussing the murder case against Bryan Kohberger, the Pennsylvania man accused of killing four college students in November.

On January 3, Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall issued a nondissemination order in regard to the murder case against Bryan Kohberger," Moscow police said. "The order PROHIBITS any COMMUNICATION by investigators, law enforcement personnel, attorneys, and agents of the prosecuting attorney or defense attorney concerning this case." The department said it would "no longer be communicating with the public or the media"

by Anonymousreply 82January 5, 2023 3:05 PM

[quote], so experts (or so-called experts) may be able to gleam

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 83January 5, 2023 3:27 PM

R72 So was Bundy.

People are saying Bryan has 'dead eyes'. To me he looks like a fly caught in a spider's web.

by Anonymousreply 84January 5, 2023 3:38 PM

He left his knife sheath at the scene? What an idiot!!

by Anonymousreply 85January 5, 2023 3:52 PM

Yes, AND his DNA was on it.

by Anonymousreply 86January 5, 2023 3:53 PM

And the roommate SAW him. OMG, he's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 87January 5, 2023 3:55 PM

R85 I looked this up. Hope that is true because if that's true he's cooked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 5, 2023 4:04 PM

He's totally cooked, R88.

So the roommate heard a disturbance and saw him leaving, yet she didn't call the police? She saw him well enough to describe his was in all black attire, and could see that his eyebrows were bushy and had a mask on.

I'm dying to know where she was when she was able to see him.

by Anonymousreply 89January 5, 2023 4:22 PM

Holy cow, I must have missed an update with all this stuff about the sheath and the roommate seeing him.

by Anonymousreply 90January 5, 2023 4:27 PM

Good fucking god that Dylan girl DID hear him there and DID see him leave! And no one called 911 for eight hours! She must have been absolutely wasted on something, there's really no other explanation. Goes to hide, figures she was just "seeing pink elephants" (whatever the 2022 version of that is), sleeps, wakes up, then thinks "oh shit."

by Anonymousreply 91January 5, 2023 4:32 PM

Someone uploaded the PCA to Imgur. Terrifying to read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 5, 2023 4:35 PM

There were probably lots of people regularly coming and going from that house - it was full of students.

by Anonymousreply 93January 5, 2023 4:35 PM

It’s truly terrifying R92.

R93, what is your fucking point?

by Anonymousreply 94January 5, 2023 4:44 PM

She heard whimpering and crying and saw a strange man in a mask walk past her, and heard some male voice say "it's okay, I'm going to help you." She was scared enough to run into a room and lock the door and not come out. Then she went sneaking around THREE TIMES after the guy left, to see if everything was okay. Then at about noon she FINALLY calls someone to ask to check on the house because she's scared.

This was not a "oh well she just thought it was some party dude" situation.

The true crime crazies are going to eat Dylan alive after this.

by Anonymousreply 95January 5, 2023 4:44 PM

[quote][R93], what is your fucking point?

That it's not that surprising she didn't think too much of seeing someone leaving, asshole. You people always think you'd be alert to every little thing and blame people because you don't want to think that it could happen to you in similar circumstances).

by Anonymousreply 96January 5, 2023 4:47 PM

And it appears that Dylan was sleeping in the 2nd bedroom on the SECOND floor, across from Xana's, and not in the basement/1st floor where we had thought she was located. The other roommate, Bethany, was apparently down there.

Agree about the strangeness of Dylan's reaction and why she simply went into her room and went to sleep. Also - why did BK not take her out too, did he even see her (in the dark) or realize she was there? Or perhaps she wasn't a target, so he didn't care? That's a detail I want to know more about.

by Anonymousreply 97January 5, 2023 4:47 PM

Also, Xana's body was found outside her bedroom, in the hallway next to the bathroom doorway. Did she manage to crawl out there, after being attacked? Ethan was found dead in their bed.

Or, did she lock herself in there? and BK (the killer) tell her "it's ok, I'm going to help you" - ? And she eventually came out and was killed on the spot. So creepy, yet the details matter here.

by Anonymousreply 98January 5, 2023 4:49 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts (I'm r97/98) - Xana received a DoorDash delivery at 4:00 AM, minutes before her murder! That's a new detail. She was potentially on her TikTok app as well. So she, and possibly Ethan, were awake and eating/munching when the attack began. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 99January 5, 2023 4:51 PM

Yeah because random people were in and out at 4am. Keep reaching and victim blaming R96.

by Anonymousreply 100January 5, 2023 4:53 PM

Dylan also says she heard someone, she thinks Kaylee, say "there's someone in the house." I'm guessing they were all awake at the time of the murders and the info we initially got from the coroner was incorrect.

There's a DoorDash driver out there in Moscow who is probably traumatized for life. BK could have already been in the house by the time they arrived.

by Anonymousreply 101January 5, 2023 4:59 PM

I made an error at r98 - Xana was found on the floor inside her bedroom, and not in the hallway near the bathroom. I read the affidavit too fast.

by Anonymousreply 102January 5, 2023 4:59 PM

I don't think BK ("the killer") was waiting inside the house, when the DoorDash person came at 4:00 AM. The affidavit says that neighborhood cameras last caught him on the scene at 4:04 AM, doing a three-point turn. The next appearance on camera was his white car speeding away at 4:20 AM. So about 10-15 mins in the house, to commit the murders which is what was speculated here.

by Anonymousreply 103January 5, 2023 5:02 PM

We were all asking why the dog didn't bark. On page 4, they clearly stated he did bark, it's heard on a neighbor's cam. A "whimpering" and "loud thud" are also heard just before the barking.

by Anonymousreply 104January 5, 2023 5:11 PM

The killer (BK) wore - gasp! - VANS to the murder scene. They found a distinct shoe print. Sloppy sloppy, on his end....that and dropping the knife sheath at the scene, is what did him in.

by Anonymousreply 105January 5, 2023 5:13 PM

True r103, looks like he made three passes by the house before the fourth pass at 4:04, when he makes the three-point turn and apparently parks. He may have seen a DoorDash driver there and drove past, waiting for them to leave.

The dude also took his phone with him and either turned it off on the way to Moscow or put it in airplane mode, then turned it back on after the murders.

by Anonymousreply 106January 5, 2023 5:14 PM

It sounds like they saw the car on the security footage and someone in Pullman ran the plates when they saw the Elantra parked at the school, and they looked up his driver's license, saw his photo matched what Dylan had seen that night, and pretty quickly decided it was him.

They didn't have footage from right in front of the house, though, so I can see why they had to wait for DNA evidence. They get the DNA off the snap on the knife sheath and basically have their case right then and there.

I'm sure there's a ton more stuff they don't have on the affidavit but which they've discovered since then, like internet searches or other times his phone was near the King Road house before the murders. Maybe DNA left on the bodies.

by Anonymousreply 107January 5, 2023 5:17 PM

The phone and video evidence nail him even without the sheath.

It’s DNA was matched to BK’s father’s DNA taken from trash in Pa.

by Anonymousreply 108January 5, 2023 5:17 PM

[quote]I read the affidavit too fast.

Yeah, I did too, I said Dylan checked on the house three times after the murders, but it sounds like it was before, like she looked out her door when she thought she heard Kaylee say someone was in the house, then again when she heard Xana crying, and again when the killer walked right toward her. After that she doesn't appear to have left her room, at least the affidavit doesn't say anything about it, if she did.

by Anonymousreply 109January 5, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote]It’s DNA was matched to BK’s father’s DNA taken from trash in Pa.

It was taken from trash, so it was taken from the father?

by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2023 5:21 PM

Yes r110, LE often take items from the trash discarded by suspects or their family members, in order to grab DNA to process for a match. It's perfectly legal to do so.

by Anonymousreply 111January 5, 2023 5:22 PM

Sorry, r111, it didn’t land.

I was implying based on that sentence the father was trash.

Again, it didn’t land.

by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2023 5:23 PM

It's too soon to say, but some of these new details line up with what that anon poster was saying the past several weeks online. This was the poster on the crime forum who obsessively posted details re the murder under the guise of his "opinion", but many have been found to line up with reality.

That poster stated unequivocally that Maddie and Xana were the sole two targets of the murderer, and not Ethan and Kaylee, both of whom were unfortunate collateral victims due to simply being present in the same room with the intendeds. That would explain why the killer/BK walked right by Dylan, perhaps realizing she was right there, and right out of the house without touching her. She wasn't a target, so was ignored.

by Anonymousreply 113January 5, 2023 5:25 PM

omg, according to his cell phone records, he had been stalking the house since august. That is creepy AF. This lunatic was on a mission.

Amazing he didn't kill more people.

by Anonymousreply 114January 5, 2023 5:25 PM

S'ok r110, I get it now when re-reading it.

by Anonymousreply 115January 5, 2023 5:25 PM

Should add to r113, that Maddie and Xana worked together at the local Mad Greek restaurant. I'm wondering if that's the connection to BK, and where he found his intended targets - if in fact those two turn out to be the actual targets.

by Anonymousreply 116January 5, 2023 5:29 PM

Some criminal genius. This case is the First48 101.

by Anonymousreply 117January 5, 2023 5:39 PM

DNA, an eyewitness and vehicle spotted, the trifecta for identifying (and likely convicting) a suspect. If his goal was to outsmart law enforcement and prosecutors, he’s failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 118January 5, 2023 5:44 PM

I saw him too. I actually chased him but he hopped in his Elantra and fled. I then provided first aid to the wounded but they were too far gone.

by Anonymousreply 119January 5, 2023 5:46 PM

The InsideLooking account on Reddit is the only one that could potential be Bryan, I believe. The cached copy of Reddit shows the last InsideLooking comment on the 29th, and Bryan was arrested on the 30th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 5, 2023 5:46 PM

r120 that's the account I was referring to in r113. It's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 121January 5, 2023 5:50 PM

and the affidavit was written prior to seizing BK’s car, so hopefully they will find more evidence there. And on his laptop, phone, etc.

by Anonymousreply 122January 5, 2023 5:52 PM

Good point, r122.

by Anonymousreply 123January 5, 2023 5:54 PM

One of the lessons from this and other similar crimes is thus: If you're a crazy bloodthirsty serial killer, you can't kill your intended victims at their home, or any static place of residence or regular location. You will leave behind evidence that will lead to your capture, 99% of the time. In this day and age of advanced LE techniques, technical DNA analysis and home/Ring cameras nearly everywhere (including rural areas nowadays) - you will be caught.

You might be able to get away with it if you kill while away from home, in a strange remote location, or outside someplace remote (Campground? on a boat?). But anyplace else familiar to the victim or the killer, forget it.

by Anonymousreply 124January 5, 2023 5:58 PM

Here's the police affidavit. Scroll down the web page a bit. The aff. is 19 pages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125January 5, 2023 6:15 PM

So he had just two targets? But for each target, he killed the person who was in the room with the target? But he walked past the witness who was on the same floor, and who also saw part of his face?

He must have been in a hurry to get out of there.

What time did Dylan and the ground floor person eventually call the police?

by Anonymousreply 126January 5, 2023 6:15 PM

I believe they called 911 (or their friends called 911) around 11:30 or noon the next day.

by Anonymousreply 127January 5, 2023 6:19 PM

It was 11:58AM, I believe, just before noon.

We know that someone who came over to check the place out is the one who made the call, but it was from one of the surviving girls' phones. I'm wondering if Dylan didn't have a phone that worked, that would explain some of this. She never calls anyone because she doesn't have a phone and would have to wake up the other roommate and she's too scared to do that, so it's not until nearly noon the next morning when the other roommate wakes up, realizes something is wrong, and calls friends for help.

by Anonymousreply 128January 5, 2023 6:24 PM

When did he call Daddy Scary Teeth to take him home? Wouldn’t he have gone home for Thanksgiving?

by Anonymousreply 129January 5, 2023 6:27 PM

So now they are saying one of the surviving roomies heard crying and a male voice talk...Heard enough odd stuff to look out her bedroom door 3 times...The 3rd time she saw a guy in all.black with a face mask walk down the hall and out the sliding doors......SHE DID NOT CHECK ON HER ROOMMATES OR CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 130January 5, 2023 6:29 PM

It's dumbfounding re Dylan and her actions. But she was probably drunk/stoned, and petrified, and unsure of what she had seen. She may have just shook it off as something else and went back to bed and passed out until the next morning.

Calling the police immediately wouldn't have made that much of a difference, her roommates were dead then and there and wouldn't have been saved.

by Anonymousreply 131January 5, 2023 6:42 PM

Wait, the roommate saw the dead body and heard people crying and saw a guy they don’t know with a mask and they didn’t call police??!

by Anonymousreply 132January 5, 2023 6:43 PM

She didn't see a body, only a shadowy male figure in black walk by her bedroom door towards the kitchen slider. She thought she heard crying, and someone playing with the dog upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 133January 5, 2023 6:44 PM

Read the affidavit that I posted at R125. It's not that hard to get through.

by Anonymousreply 134January 5, 2023 6:44 PM

r92 already posted that r134, a few hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 135January 5, 2023 6:46 PM

Maybe dhev as used to random people in the house and while scared initially figured it was joking st some random like usual.

by Anonymousreply 136January 5, 2023 6:48 PM

How did he get into the house? Do they know where he parked his car and wheee he entered?

by Anonymousreply 137January 5, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote] If you're a crazy bloodthirsty serial killer

He’s not a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 138January 5, 2023 6:55 PM

R135, I did do a search for the word "affidavit." That post didn't contain the word "affidavit."

by Anonymousreply 139January 5, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote] She didn't see a body, only a shadowy male figure in black walk by her bedroom door towards the kitchen slider.

She saw a dude with a mask and bushy eyebrows. She saw the sheath next to the body.

by Anonymousreply 140January 5, 2023 6:59 PM

The sheath seen seems to be that of the officer, not roommate.

by Anonymousreply 141January 5, 2023 7:01 PM

R140 no she didn't. She saw the guy but didn't go upstairs to see the sheath or the body.

by Anonymousreply 142January 5, 2023 7:01 PM

They removed the page about Ethan’s wounds…

by Anonymousreply 143January 5, 2023 7:02 PM

The dog was in the bedroom with the dead bodies?

by Anonymousreply 144January 5, 2023 7:03 PM

So the suspect walked right past Dylan. Maybe she was standing inside her doorway, and he didn't see her. She saw him good enough to remember that he had bushy eyebrows.

At that point, she didn't know he had killed anyone. She had heard some noises from her roommates that could have meant something bad was happening. But she wasn't sure. It sounds like their house was a popular place for people to gather, and it wasn't unusual to see someone coming or going, even late at night.

Sounds like she got a weird vibe from the stranger, locked her door when he was gone, and perhaps fell asleep before she could do anything else. (It was very late, and she may have been using alcohol or other drugs, which is extremely common at off-campus parties.)

by Anonymousreply 145January 5, 2023 7:11 PM

Is Dylan involved in this? As others are saying, something stinks here.

by Anonymousreply 146January 5, 2023 7:24 PM

She hears crying, hears that someone is in the house that shouldn’t be, sees a guy with a mask over his face… and she just go back to her room and goes to sleep but not until she locks it, obviously scared. Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 147January 5, 2023 7:26 PM

Police lied saying that they were killed in their sleep. They were able to see that one of them was on TikTok at the time.

by Anonymousreply 148January 5, 2023 7:27 PM

[quote]Calling the police immediately wouldn't have made that much of a difference, her roommates were dead then and there and wouldn't have been saved.

Perhaps the victims may not have been saved but it’s possible the perp was still in the area and could’ve been apprehended.

To imply that waiting almost 8 hours to call the police is somehow “meh,” is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 149January 5, 2023 7:29 PM

They were absolutely up. X&E had literally just had food delivered minutes earlier. Kaylee or Maddie yelled that someone was in the house, the dog was barking, so they were likely up as well, even though they were found in bed.

by Anonymousreply 150January 5, 2023 7:30 PM

First Jack was demonized, now it looks like the one roommate will be. She didn't kill them and couldn't have saved them. Who knows how you, R146, would've reacted as a possibly stoned 20-something party-house inhabitant in the wee hours of the night.

by Anonymousreply 151January 5, 2023 7:45 PM

R151, Dylan was ALWAYS being scrutinized.

by Anonymousreply 152January 5, 2023 7:48 PM

Wait, Xana and Ethan got Door Dash?

by Anonymousreply 153January 5, 2023 7:49 PM

Either Dylan was involved or she is one of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2023 7:49 PM

But people have survived pretty severe knifings. If Dylan had called 911 as soon as she went inside and locked her door, one or more of the victims might have been saved.

With hindsight, that's a huge mistake, but I guess it's not any kind of crime.

by Anonymousreply 155January 5, 2023 7:52 PM

She's not involved and she's probably no dumber than any other 19 year old, R154. She was probably drunk or stoned and didn't realize that anyone had been killed. Probably just freaked out that a stranger was wandering through the place which, given that the house was a party house, wasn't all that unusual.

by Anonymousreply 156January 5, 2023 7:54 PM

R143 What were Ethan's wounds?

by Anonymousreply 157January 5, 2023 7:55 PM

Sounds like a frame job and someone stole his knife.

by Anonymousreply 158January 5, 2023 7:58 PM

And here I thought, with it more or less all laid out, the stupid would stop. But no. Maybe Dylan is part of a Mexican drug cartel?

by Anonymousreply 159January 5, 2023 7:58 PM

DM was on the second floor, not the first floor. So she was on the floor where one of the murders happened?

by Anonymousreply 160January 5, 2023 7:59 PM

That would be so fucking scary. I bet Dylan just wanted to go inside and pretend this never happened, like kids do, just bury their heads and hope it goes away. She wasn't fucking involved in this just like a cartel wasn't involved. She's probably fucked up for life now though.

by Anonymousreply 161January 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Where was Jimmmmaaaaay at the time??

by Anonymousreply 162January 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Yes, R160, and she even encountered Bryan.

by Anonymousreply 163January 5, 2023 8:00 PM

Video of Bryan's hearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 5, 2023 8:04 PM

At least Dylan told the truth. I would have been tempted to leave out the detail about seeing Bryan because by the time she was interviewed, she knew they all bled to death.

by Anonymousreply 165January 5, 2023 8:10 PM

Young adults sometimes make unwise decisions. Yes, it's odd to us that Dylan didn't call 911 for hours but as others have said, she was likely drunk and possibly high on drugs. In her impaired state she may have thought she was overreacting about being scared of the intruder, she may have thought the intruder was a frat guy pulling a practical joke or perhaps she was afraid to call the police because there were drugs and alcohol in the house. Then, in her inebriated state, she locked her door, curled up on her bed and passed out.

by Anonymousreply 166January 5, 2023 8:30 PM

I wonder if she tried texting and calling the other girls in the house after that? That would be the next logical step, even if scared and high

by Anonymousreply 167January 5, 2023 8:35 PM

R166 again. Apologies for too many commas.

by Anonymousreply 168January 5, 2023 8:37 PM

So they knew it was him by 11/25. Ha ha, you pasty motherfucker, thought you were fucking slick. I bet he was on 4chan trying to blame the greeks and confuse people.

by Anonymousreply 169January 5, 2023 8:40 PM

I partied (alcohol and drugs) a lot as a college student, and beyond. I think if I had seen someone in a ski mask at that time of the day 4-something AM, I would have called 911.

by Anonymousreply 170January 5, 2023 8:41 PM

Cops (PA) went through Dad's trash on Dec. 27. Wonder why it took so long? I don't think you need a search warrant to seize trash.

by Anonymousreply 171January 5, 2023 8:43 PM

R170, he wasn't wearing a ski mask. It was a mask that covered his mouth and nose. Not at all unusual in the past two years due to Covid.

by Anonymousreply 172January 5, 2023 8:45 PM

Not unusual for during covid, true. Though I highly doubt frat kids were wearing masks whilst partying, or in general in that part of the country.

by Anonymousreply 173January 5, 2023 8:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 5, 2023 9:08 PM

In Court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175January 5, 2023 9:10 PM

A cording to CNN, phone records show BK was stalking the house way back in June.

Weren’t there other murders in the area around that time?

by Anonymousreply 176January 5, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote]He’s not a serial killer

That we know of. Four people in one shot is a decent start.

by Anonymousreply 177January 5, 2023 9:43 PM

[quote]The dog was in the bedroom with the dead bodies?

No, he was put into the bedroom across the hall from Maddie's, on the third floor. That's where the police found him. Probably put there by BK himself. He strangely spared the dog.

by Anonymousreply 178January 5, 2023 9:44 PM

The barking from the dog, that woke up Dylan below, and was heard on the neighbor's Ring camera, was probably when BK entered the house, came upstairs and put him into the spare bedroom. The dog knew a stranger was in there, and probably sensed he was up to no good.

by Anonymousreply 179January 5, 2023 9:46 PM

Since Dylan is the lone "witness" to the crime and witnessed the suspect in the house, she will probably need to testify if he goes to trial. To identify him in court.

by Anonymousreply 180January 5, 2023 9:48 PM

This summer I hear the drummin’, four dead in Idaho!

by Anonymousreply 181January 5, 2023 9:56 PM

Watching him clench his jaw was creepy.

by Anonymousreply 182January 5, 2023 9:57 PM

I am very interested to hear theories of why he’s so fucked up. Family seems normal at first glance.

I have a friend who has a lot of the same features as BK. Large nose, thin-ish face, thick curly hair. Not “pretty boy” handsome.

But my friend basically has to beat women off with a stick because he’s interesting, hilarious, and very, very charming.

It’s a really good example of personality and social skills completely transforming how you react to a person.

by Anonymousreply 183January 5, 2023 10:03 PM

Maddie? Do ppl know her personally?

by Anonymousreply 184January 5, 2023 10:29 PM

That “InsideLooking” poster said Xana and Maddie were the targets. Did BK first meet them at the Mad Greek?

by Anonymousreply 185January 5, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote]But my friend basically has to beat women off with a stick

That’s LITERAL VIOLENCE!!

by Anonymousreply 186January 5, 2023 10:57 PM

"I am very interested to hear theories of why he’s so fucked up. Family seems normal at first glance."

Look, if one child in a family becomes a therapist and the other becomes a spree killer or serial killer, you KNOW there was some fucked-up dysfunctional shit in that family! But I have no idea where the dysfunction came from, it might have been the parents, or it might have been that Bryan was just born a psychopath, and spent his childhood torturing animals and his family, while the parents tried to cope and/or cover up his crimes.

We will know someday, when the therapist sister publishes the inevitable book, but that won't be until Bryan is safely behind bars. Or at least one of her parents are dead.

by Anonymousreply 187January 5, 2023 11:06 PM

R92- That is terrifying. I can't believe the dog was in the room with the two girls. Jesus. There was a lot more noise picked up than previously reported. I wonder if the roommates were told to keep quiet by police to weed out false confessions. And he visited their house twelve separate times before the murders then drove by again the next day? Law enforcement had Bryan's number (literally) within the first week.

by Anonymousreply 188January 5, 2023 11:11 PM

I wouldn't beat off a woman with a ten-foot pole while wearing a hazmat suit.

by Anonymousreply 189January 5, 2023 11:13 PM

R125

Per the affidavit:

"Additional analysis of records for the 8458 Phone indicated that between approximately 5:32 p.m. and 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred".

I don't understand what that means? The murder occurred after 4AM, did the affidavit mean AM not PM? Can someone explain this? Btw the 8458 Phone was Kohberger's.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2023 11:13 PM

No r188, re-read the affidavit again. Police found the dog in Kaylee's bedroom, on the west side of the house. The dog was alone in there. Kaylee and Maddie were found dead in the latter's bedroom, in the southeast corner of the house. There were two bedrooms on the third floor - Kaylee's bedroom was actually technically her former bedroom, since she had recently moved out or was partially moved out due to graduating in December.

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2023 11:33 PM

You're right. The thread wasn't loading past R93 when I posted. I read the last 100 posts after that and saw the mistake.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2023 11:35 PM

I don't think Dylan did anything all that unusual she heard something looked out saw somebody leaving she didn't recognize which probably wasn't at all in common where she lived and then said she didn't hear any other noise probably figured everything was fine. Probably somewhat drunk or buzzed and just played it off as something either the roommates were doing or since they clearly weren't reacting wasn't anything serious.

by Anonymousreply 193January 5, 2023 11:37 PM

I once lived in the house with three other gay roommates who liked partying and hooking up and there were always arguments and such going on throughout the night and it was just sort of par for the course. Sometimes my ear might perk up if I heard something said that sounded odd or louder than normal but if nothing happened immediately afterwards I just figured everything was fine. I imagine this poor girl her life was probably much the same way.

by Anonymousreply 194January 5, 2023 11:40 PM

Jeez, the police aren't trying to leave any doubt in the public's mind, or pretend there's a presumption of innocence. They want the public to know they're got THE right guy, so they're releasing all this evidence well before the trial.

So seriously, either they really do have the right guy... or the chief of police did it! You know, the chief of police that was photographed near the girls at a club...

by Anonymousreply 195January 5, 2023 11:46 PM

R165, what makes you think she told the entire truth? Did she say she was high?

by Anonymousreply 196January 5, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote] What were Ethan's wounds?

Chopped off dick, placed in mouth.

by Anonymousreply 197January 5, 2023 11:52 PM

So the dog wasn’t in another room?

by Anonymousreply 198January 5, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote] Not unusual for during covid, true. Though I highly doubt frat kids were wearing masks whilst partying, or in general in that part of the country.

No one wore a fucking ski mask for Covid.

by Anonymousreply 199January 5, 2023 11:55 PM

R195 the information the police are releasing about the case isn't any more unusual than any others just some more people are asking and it's more visible. Whenever the cops arrest anyone there especially in hope in profile cases like this of course they want people to think they did their job correctly. Just look at the press releases that they send out anytime there's like a big sting of child predators or busting a drug ring.

by Anonymousreply 200January 5, 2023 11:56 PM

[quote] I imagine this poor girl her life was probably much the same way.

Oh, dear, and stop being willfully stupid. She said she froze in fear. She knew something was wrong but did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 201January 5, 2023 11:57 PM

I wasn't talking about ski masks, you rancid cunt. Face masks that people wear to prevent covid. Why would someone be wearing ski masks during covid?

by Anonymousreply 202January 5, 2023 11:58 PM

[quote] To identify him in court.

Which she can’t, since she didn’t see him.

by Anonymousreply 203January 5, 2023 11:59 PM

R202, all that she could see were his eyes. His entire face was covered. It was a ski mask.

by Anonymousreply 204January 6, 2023 12:00 AM

She literally described him by his eyebrows. lol

by Anonymousreply 205January 6, 2023 12:01 AM

Never mind, perhaps it was just a regular mask. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 206January 6, 2023 12:02 AM

Forbes is saying it was a ski mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 6, 2023 12:02 AM

In court he looked sane, pretty much a regular guy although kind of thin.

by Anonymousreply 208January 6, 2023 12:06 AM

r198 the dog was placed in an empty bedroom by the killer, on the third floor, before he went in and killed Kaylee and Maddie who were in the same bed.

by Anonymousreply 209January 6, 2023 12:15 AM

"She said she froze in fear. She knew something was wrong but did nothing."

Nobody stays frozen in fear from 4AM to noon, not when all is quiet for several hours, so I presume that at some point she nodded off and only realized something was seriously wrong when she woke up. Because the simplest explanation for her behavior is that she thought that the unusual noises and strange man in black were just normal party-house stuff, and that one of her roommates had invited some Gothy twerp who wore black over.

Because face it, they lived in a "safe town" and didn't even think they needed normal security measures, so if she saw a strange young man in black she would be more likely to think "party guest" or "hookup too uncool to be seen with" rather than "slasher murderer".

by Anonymousreply 210January 6, 2023 12:15 AM

I think that's an excellent explanation at r210 and probably closest to the truth.

by Anonymousreply 211January 6, 2023 12:42 AM

R190, I think it was PM. What I got out of that was that BK returned to the area (Idaho house) later that day. I could be wrong. He was turning is phone off and on.

by Anonymousreply 212January 6, 2023 12:55 AM

Well I used to feel bad about being so slutty when I was younger.

But now I’m thinking I probably slept with a few guys who could have turned into. “Bryans” if they’d never had any human contact. (Not that I think this is his only problem.)

YOU’RE WELCOME, BITCHES!

by Anonymousreply 213January 6, 2023 12:58 AM

I’ve had a very strong feeling all along he took his phone with him the night of the killings. And lo and behold, it appears he did. (I read speculation about this somewhere weeks ago.)

Didn’t we learn during the Laci Peterson case that your phone pings towers even if it’s “off”?

by Anonymousreply 214January 6, 2023 1:03 AM

Dylan should have hit Bryan, breaking his necklace, and causing him to fall into a dog bowl, which would break and slash his throat.

by Anonymousreply 215January 6, 2023 1:12 AM

"Authorities say they used phone records and cellular data records to place Kohberger near the crime scene at least 12 times the morning before the homicides took place. Cell phone pings also place Kohberger’s cell phone in the area at least three times during the afternoon of Nov. 13, indicating he went back to the house after the murders took place". That is from Rolling Stones article on it.

He was obsessing over the whole thing. Driving past the house 12 times before and at least three times after on the day of the murders.

So, they found the knife sheaf on the bed in Xana's room where she was murdered. Knife sheaf's are to place the knife in and clip to your belt to carry. So if he left the knife sheaf behind was he walking out holding the knife? I can't imagine he'd do that. Did he have it in a pocket? When he went to put it away in a pocket or something didn't that alert him to the fact he left the sheath behind? Where was the knife as he left?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 6, 2023 1:27 AM

R216 those are good questions but he left the knife next to Maddie’s body on the bed on the 3rd floor.

by Anonymousreply 217January 6, 2023 1:51 AM

R217 here - I meant the knife sheath, not the knife itself.

by Anonymousreply 218January 6, 2023 1:56 AM

Parents talking to Ashley Banfield tonight on News Nation

by Anonymousreply 219January 6, 2023 2:02 AM

[quote]So, they found the knife sheaf on the bed in Xana's room where she was murdered. Knife sheaf's are to place the knife in and clip to your belt to carry. So if he left the knife sheaf behind was he walking out holding the knife?

It’s a sheath!

by Anonymousreply 220January 6, 2023 2:09 AM

R195, a PCA (probable cause affidavit) is public information and must be released to the public. Under other circumstances, most people don’t care about it, but this case everyone wanted to see it because of the high profile nature. This is SOP and nothing unusual. It reveals the probable cause the police presented in order to substantiate charging the defendant and getting a judge to issue an arrest warrant.

by Anonymousreply 221January 6, 2023 2:13 AM

Dylan’s recollections sound like those of a witness who observed events that at the time were unremarkable, but in the context of what actually happened, proved to be quite informative. If he had seen her, or if he had been in the house when she stepped out of her room to “check” on the house, I expect she’d have been the fifth victim. This poor girl is likely a basket case right now.

by Anonymousreply 222January 6, 2023 2:13 AM

How are four people stabbed to death and not screaming their heads off?

by Anonymousreply 223January 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Omg did you see the interview on Banfiekd with Kaylee’s parents????

by Anonymousreply 224January 6, 2023 2:31 AM

That's what I don't get, r223.

by Anonymousreply 225January 6, 2023 2:35 AM

R224

No, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 226January 6, 2023 2:37 AM

Lol r215.

by Anonymousreply 227January 6, 2023 2:58 AM

r224 that interview isn't posted yet on the internet, tell us what was unusual about it.

by Anonymousreply 228January 6, 2023 3:03 AM

Every new detail released in this case defies logic.

by Anonymousreply 229January 6, 2023 3:38 AM

[quote]phone records show BK was stalking the house way back in June

Is that true? It was previously reported that he didn't move there until August. He drove out there to stalk the house before he even moved there?

by Anonymousreply 230January 6, 2023 4:19 AM

[quote]Knife sheaf's

It's a sheath, not a sheaf. A sheaf is a bundle of sticks or paper. A sheath is the holder for a knife or a sword.

by Anonymousreply 231January 6, 2023 4:21 AM

No one knows what’s going on inside someone’s mind, especially family.

by Anonymousreply 232January 6, 2023 4:22 AM

R230- Bryan Kohberger bought the phone in June. Law enforcement obtained a court order releasing all his location data from the time he bought it to the present. He was still in PA over the summer.

by Anonymousreply 233January 6, 2023 4:25 AM

The 1 minute interview by Goncalves with Ashley Banfield. Wonder if they were instructed to not say more?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 6, 2023 4:31 AM

How did he get in the house?

by Anonymousreply 235January 6, 2023 4:34 AM

Oh hell here's another bit. I guess Ashley will release 1 minute at a time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 6, 2023 4:35 AM

To clarify, it looks like August 21st is the earliest date in the affidavit when Bryan Kohberger's phone data placed him at the house in Moscow. That's the day before classes started at WSU. He apparently knew where they lived and was stalking them within a week of moving there.

by Anonymousreply 237January 6, 2023 4:35 AM

That didn't answer my question, r233. You don't have to answer the question but I have to tell you, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 238January 6, 2023 4:35 AM

R238- I clarified at 237. There is no mention of him being near the house in Moscow before August 21st in the affidavit.

by Anonymousreply 239January 6, 2023 4:39 AM

[quote]r180 Since Dylan is the lone "witness" to the crime and witnessed the suspect in the house, she will probably need to testify if he goes to trial. To identify him in court.

Ya don’t say

by Anonymousreply 240January 6, 2023 6:31 AM

[quote]R187 We will know someday, when the therapist sister publishes the inevitable book

What if it’s all written in her terrible attempt at verse??

by Anonymousreply 241January 6, 2023 6:33 AM

[quote]R194 I once lived in the house with three other gay roommates who liked partying and hooking up and there were always arguments and such going on throughout the night and it was just sort of par for the course.

For a few months between apartments I lived in a house with 2 gay guys who sometimes did meth. Occasionally they’d have other guys over for late night sexcapades.

In the middle of one night I woke up to a man standing over my bed. I said firmly “Go away” and he calmly shuffled back to the other part of the house. I was rather unnerved but didn’t think of calling the police or checking on my roommates. I was mostly annoyed.

When you live in a party house like that with a lot of comings and goings you don’t assume a stranger is a killer… just a druggie.

by Anonymousreply 242January 6, 2023 6:45 AM

If this had been a family home in a non-college neighborhood and you saw a stranger walk by you and out the door at 4AM, after hearing strange noises, you’d totally panic and call authorities afterwards. And you’d investigate upstairs.

In a college town on a weekend night in a party house? Everyone is college age? And you’d heard them up all night? Quite normal. Maybe a little sketchy but… whatever. It’s some guy, a friend, there was an argument or something. Houses like that are basically dorms.

by Anonymousreply 243January 6, 2023 10:32 AM

People chastising Dylan for not reacting differently are naive drips who have never lived outside their parent’s homes.

by Anonymousreply 244January 6, 2023 10:34 AM

Maybe with all his research about murdering people he learned how to stab people’s throats or mouths right away, where they couldn’t scream. Creepy to think about but a possibility.

I still don’t get how he could do this to four people in a row and at least one of them wasn’t hollering the roof off.

by Anonymousreply 245January 6, 2023 10:45 AM

Idaho jail says it will try to accommodate murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's vegan diet...

'but we are not going to buy new pots and pans'

by Anonymousreply 246January 6, 2023 10:48 AM

I wonder if he did this because he wanted to possess them. Dahmer and the Zodiac thought that the owned their victims as slaves. Zodiac thought he owned their souls. They were collecting.

by Anonymousreply 247January 6, 2023 10:55 AM

So I was trying to wrap my head around why Dylan didn't hear the urgency in the girl's voice when she said, "there's someone here" but you guys who have had shitty roomies in party houses have made me see that perhaps she didn't say that in a panicked way but just a "oh great, there's someone here!" probably a partier type of way. So yeah, he did that quick, just a whimper and a thud and that's all. I don't know why I thought he slit their throats but I read somewhere he stabbed them in the chests. Also, I wonder who the male voice was that said, "it's okay, I'll help you." I guess Ethan? I didn't know if maybe ugly Bry had spoken.

by Anonymousreply 248January 6, 2023 1:38 PM

It does sound like the victims were targeted, but how could the police possibly have said (a day after the murders) there was no danger to the community?

This guy is the very definition of “danger to the community.” God forbid you look at him funny in line at the grocery store. He’d probably follow you home and kill you.

by Anonymousreply 249January 6, 2023 2:14 PM

Yeah I think maybe they meant, "don't worry, we know who it is" but they couldn't say that or the Goncalves guy would have fucked up the case somehow. I wonder if they were watching him from the day after until now. It sounds like they knew who he was the next day.

by Anonymousreply 250January 6, 2023 2:28 PM

Ok. It was a sheath. But that still leaves the question what did he do with the knife after he killed all these people and was walking out. Did Dylan when she saw him leave see him holding a bloody knife? But the that means she saw a stranger in the house after 4am with a mask on, all in black and holding a bloody knife but did not call the cops till noon? What did he do with that bloody knife after he murdered them all? Presumably he had it in the sheath to hang it from his belt till he was ready to reach for it. He left the sheath behind but had to be carrying the knife, so he then walked out with it in his hand? The very image of 'I am a murderer, hello'. What did he do with it afterwards and how could he forget the sheath? Did the drugs wear off and he got anxious to leave, figured he accomplished his mission?

Also, if he cut their throats Dylan would not have heard crying and whimpering. You can't do that with a cut throat. I hate to sound as if I do not have feelings for that poor girl but why was she crying? Because she saw Ethan was dead? Why then did she not scream and run? Do you cry from pain with horrendous wounds? That doesn't sound right to me. When he said 'I'm here to help you' that sounds pretty sadistic considering what he then did. Why did she not run?

by Anonymousreply 251January 6, 2023 2:45 PM

Regarding Dylan - I don't think it was strange at all. Keep in mind, the PCA only includes the part of her statement RELEVANT to identifying Bryan as the suspect. It was included because she described his physical appearance, the rest of her statement would have been left out. Probably some illuminating context there. Imagine being a 19/20 year old attractive and tiny girl, you hear some drama (crying/fighting) and when you open the door a random stranger is walking down the stairs. I'd be scared and go back in my room too (did my roomies just reject this guy? was he fighting with Ethan?) in the same way a girl might get scared and cross the street if she's walking alone to avoid encountering a stranger too close. Is it plausible she was frightened without believing a crime occurred? yes.

by Anonymousreply 252January 6, 2023 2:49 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20.

by Anonymousreply 253January 6, 2023 2:50 PM

R251 think of how confusing it can be when you just woke up. my girlfriend takes about ten minutes to enter reality from waking from sleep, takes me about three to five. sometimes it takes me several minutes to realize that what happened in my dream didn't really happen. probably most of the victims did not even realize what was happening before they had died.

by Anonymousreply 254January 6, 2023 2:53 PM

If he had a backpack he probably threw the knife in it.

by Anonymousreply 255January 6, 2023 2:58 PM

Someone either upthread or in the other thread said the PCA mentioned he had been “stalking” the house AFTER the murders. I wonder if he realized he forgot the sheath and was actually thinking of returning.

by Anonymousreply 256January 6, 2023 3:07 PM

R255 . Good thought! But would someone really come in with a backpack and move around easily knocking people off? I mean I guess it could be done but seems as if the backpack would slip. Or did he have a backpack in the car and then put it in there. So walking out still remains how did he leave with the knife? I don't think he figured he'd see anyone as he left so there would be no need to hide the knife prior to exiting the building unless he did not want to walk outside with a bloody knife in view/ Would he actually slip it into a pocket of his pants? Jeans? How is it he didn't think to go back for the sheath? I wonder if she saw him with the knife locked the door and then passed out both from fright and drugs still in her system. Possibly why she didn't call for hours.

I don't know if he washed his hands afterwards but I think they did say that earlier. Then he would've washed the knife. Did he leave the knife behind and that is actually withheld information?

by Anonymousreply 257January 6, 2023 3:09 PM

R257, maybe not a backpack per se (like a student or hiker backpack) but there are various types of packs that might fit closer to the body that don't impinge movement as much, something that might be used by hunters or soldiers. Or maybe his jacket was of a thick durable cloth and he put the knife in the pocket to carry to his car? Just throwing out possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 258January 6, 2023 3:18 PM

We’ve been assuming BK was approaching this as a “perfect murder” exercise.

But it’s starting to sound more like a sloppy revenge / rage killing.

Sure, he did more planning than your typical revenge killer. But the night in question was a terrible time for him to choose to kill.

House full of people, Door Dash at 4:00am (this seems to have forced BK to “circle around the block,”) victims were awake, Kaylees dog was visiting, Dylan apparently sleeping in a different room than usual.

I wonder why he chose that night to kill. Door left unlocked?

I wonder if he was all “geared up” on the other nights he surveilled the house.

His deciding to go ahead despite all of the above suggests a certain confidence. A novice killer would have been too intimidated by all these variables. He’s probably done this before.

by Anonymousreply 259January 6, 2023 3:21 PM

I think if Dylan made the statement that BK had been carrying the knife in his hand when she saw him walk by, and she saw the knife, that information would definitely have been mentioned in the affidavit. That’s very relevant to the case. He must have tucked it away somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 260January 6, 2023 3:30 PM

Theory: He had two sheaths for the knife. He intentionally left behind the sheath with the military logo to make police think that a veteran had committed the crime.

by Anonymousreply 261January 6, 2023 3:38 PM

With his DNA on it?

He’s stupid, but I doubt that stupid. Nor would he leave anything intentionally behind.

by Anonymousreply 262January 6, 2023 3:39 PM

[quote]how could the police possibly have said (a day after the murders) there was no danger to the community?

I suspect they knew almost immediately who it was, and knew it was some kind of targeted attack, and assumed that meant he wasn't out to kill anyone else. Later they realized that they didn't want to tip their hand and so they walked it back, to make it look like they didn't have a suspect in mind already.

What if some of those phone pings near the house were actually AT the house, and he was at one of the parties? And Dylan said "I only saw his build and his bushy eyebrows but he looked like the guy who pitched a fit back in October at a house party and we asked him to leave"?

by Anonymousreply 263January 6, 2023 3:44 PM

R256 The 'oh boy, did I screw up!' moment.

Or was he still thirsty for blood and considering going back in to murder the eyewitness, and THEN he could also pick up his sheath.

If you have never seen the movie, Compulsion, it is a great movie, about Leopold and Loeb, who murdered for the thrill of it. Did Kohberger the morning after still have a hunger, a compulsion to kill? But then for weeks afterwards he was composed. Yet that close to the crime maybe he wasn't satiated.

Richard Loeb loved to interact with, talk to the cops, acting like he was helping, suggesting maybe it's this guy, maybe they did it this way, oooh, look at this...he thought he was very crafty. He was full of ego. One of the people who knew Kohberger said he always had to show how smart he was. Maybe he was driving by licking his lips, gloating. He was possibly planning this since at least August. Was he hoping to see the cops arrive, the crowds looking shocked, horrified at the murder house he made? Was he hoping to see all the 'fun'.

Funny thing is the evidence that caught Leopold and Loeb was Leopold dropped his glasses where they hid the body of 14 year old Bobby Franks, Loeb's cousin and whom they killed. The glasses were traced back to Leopold.

The sheath is Kohberger's 'glasses' and it gives me chills to say that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264January 6, 2023 3:50 PM

Fascinating take, r264.

(Not snark, seriously. Around here you’ve got to specify.)

by Anonymousreply 265January 6, 2023 4:04 PM

OK, maybe since Moscow is a “sleepy college town” (hah) so I’ll consider that the surviving roommate had her guard down and maybe thought the guy in the ski mask was a prankster, or cosplaying as a criminal, or just a visitor who was sensitive to the cold weather. In a high crime area, maybe she WOULD have called 911. What I don’t understand is how she could be so close to the victims as to witness the killer, but not smell the stench of blood in the house after the killings. It was literally dripping from the floorboards

by Anonymousreply 266January 6, 2023 4:25 PM

I am fascinated by people who objectively are underachievers yet think they are always the smartest guys in the room.

BK’s life until now has been a chaotic, underachieving mess. Heroin addict, votech dropout (!), apparently some kind of speed or meth addict, security guard job, finally got his AA (!) and finally a 4-year degree.

Did he actually complete a Master’s? I read somewhere he was accepted to the PhD program even though he did not complete his Master’s thesis.

by Anonymousreply 267January 6, 2023 4:28 PM

[quote]the guy in the ski mask

*sigh*

Nobody reads anymore. The thread nor the PCA.

by Anonymousreply 268January 6, 2023 4:29 PM

We don't know that it was a ski mask. We don't know what kind of mask it was.

by Anonymousreply 269January 6, 2023 4:34 PM

Ghostface killer

by Anonymousreply 270January 6, 2023 4:35 PM

The news has reported he did get his Masters degree at DeSales.

by Anonymousreply 271January 6, 2023 4:35 PM

Smart people remember that a missing person is a low priority case and is definitely not a murder. And there is SO much accessible open land on and deep water contiguous to this continent. Some parts even with alligators

by Anonymousreply 272January 6, 2023 4:38 PM

R269 I keep hearing it’s either a ski mask or a half-mask, but criminals use both kinds along with anything else that can conceal their faces. It would be creepy and alarming to see a stranger prowling around one’s residence at 4 AM wearing ANY kind of mask. My first thought would not be “Oh, how considerate of him to mask.”

by Anonymousreply 273January 6, 2023 4:40 PM

The PCA said “A mask covering his mouth and nose.”

Had he been in a ski mask, I’m confident she would’ve described it as such, not saying “A” mask that covered his mouth and nose.

One may say “a bandana,” “a scarf over his face,” “a ski mask,” but nobody is going to describe a ski mask as “a mask that covered his mouth and nose.

by Anonymousreply 274January 6, 2023 4:43 PM

R274 Maybe it was a balaclava but the reporter didn’t know how to spell it.

by Anonymousreply 275January 6, 2023 4:46 PM

A balaclava.

by Anonymousreply 276January 6, 2023 4:47 PM

Why would a guy with a $400 military knife use a Covid mask? The balaclava is way more badass looking.

by Anonymousreply 277January 6, 2023 4:50 PM

Sorry r275. My internet is running slow today. We are in agreement about the mask. What's being described is most likely a balaclava.

by Anonymousreply 278January 6, 2023 4:51 PM

So, he was dressed as a Kabuki performer?

by Anonymousreply 279January 6, 2023 5:25 PM

More like a Ninja!

by Anonymousreply 280January 6, 2023 5:25 PM

[quote]R273 I keep hearing it’s either a ski mask or a half-mask, but criminals use both kinds

Girls, GIRLS…. You’re BOTH a ski mask and a half-mask!

by Anonymousreply 281January 6, 2023 5:36 PM

This guy screams autism.

by Anonymousreply 282January 6, 2023 5:54 PM

Did someone say kabuki?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 6, 2023 6:27 PM

Remember future killers to leave your cell phones at home

by Anonymousreply 284January 6, 2023 6:41 PM

To the posters who wondered why or how Xana (iirc) was crying, my thought - and I haven’t carefully studied the timeline - is that she was the final victim and started crying/whimpering as he approached her. Perhaps that’s all she could muster in her fright and shock.

Those poor kids - I can’t imagine the terror they went through, especially Xana.

by Anonymousreply 285January 6, 2023 7:12 PM

Xana needed a Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 286January 6, 2023 7:22 PM

And all the papers asked was Dylan in the nude?

by Anonymousreply 287January 6, 2023 7:25 PM

Maybe 🤔 she was jerk’n and it frightened him

by Anonymousreply 288January 6, 2023 7:35 PM

And it seems to me she lived her life like a coed on a tear / Never knowin’ when to turn in, or to bleach her hair

by Anonymousreply 289January 6, 2023 7:37 PM

[quote]More like a Ninja!

A Ninja Killer in Vans.

by Anonymousreply 290January 6, 2023 8:37 PM

Folks should ease up on Dylan. BK may have been carrying his knife, but it was probably dark in the house and she was peering through a partly opened door, while he booked it quickly out of the house through the kitchen slider. I'm sure he was strolling leisurely out the door - she's lucky she got the view of him and the details she did.

She had no idea he'd been in there slashing and murdering her roommates. Of course she would have called 911 if so. She heard the dog barking upstairs, some whimpering, and male voice then this guy strolling out. She may have thought he was a delivery person, or a dealer perhaps - Xana and Ethan had just taken a Door Dash delivery barely 10 minutes earlier, at 4 in the morning! I'm sure these kids had all kinds of weird people coming and going in and out through the 2nd floor slider, all hours of the day/night.

Even if she was suspicious something odd was going on, she wouldn't call 911 and get her roommates in trouble. I'm sure the house had lots of weed, molly, perhaps coke or other illicit shit stashed all over the place, they were COLLEGE kids, who loved to party constantly, so this is a given. The last thing she'd want is police in the house, checking around and asking questions, finding stuff that would get them arrested. I can see why she went back to bed and feel asleep.

by Anonymousreply 291January 6, 2023 8:43 PM

"I'm sure he WASN'T strolling leisurely out the door" is what I meant, in r291.

by Anonymousreply 292January 6, 2023 8:46 PM

She elaborated in a subsequent post, writing, “I only talked to him on Tinder. This was like over 7 years ago. He just kept trying to touch me and kept looking at me and laughing weirdly and when I would ask why he was doing that he literally would tell me he didn’t. And then after he left, he told me I had good birthing hips and I just never talked to him again lol.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293January 6, 2023 9:07 PM

I do wonder if he is an incel with a lot of online activity that will come out later. Fixation on the birthing/breeding qualities of a woman is something a lot of these guys do - it could be connected to white supremacist stuff (white genocide = low birth rates) or tradwife stuff which has a lot of intersection with the incels. Many incels are specifically angry at immodesty and sexual liberation - they aren't so much lamenting that they can't get laid as they are furious that women don't desire what they consider to be a pure and traditional way of life.

by Anonymousreply 294January 6, 2023 9:09 PM

Does anyone have a link to Officer Hottie's Only Fans...

Other nude photos

by Anonymousreply 295January 6, 2023 9:14 PM

I think if they do a Calendar they can go topless like the firemen do. But they’ll have a super alpha tool belt with guns and cuffs and tasers.

by Anonymousreply 296January 6, 2023 9:27 PM

[quote] And all the papers asked was Dylan in the nude?

Huh? Link.

by Anonymousreply 297January 6, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote] I do wonder if he is an incel with a lot of online activity that will come out later. Fixation on the birthing/breeding qualities of a woman is something a lot of these guys do - it could be connected to white supremacist stuff

Stop posting already, wine mom. You know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 298January 6, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote] Folks should ease up on Dylan. BK may have been carrying his knife, but it was probably dark in the house and she was peering through a partly opened door

It wasn’t. They just got Door Dash. Everyone was up. She saw him.

by Anonymousreply 299January 6, 2023 9:29 PM

He might have been there to sell or get drugs and got pissed off. At least that may end up being his story.

by Anonymousreply 300January 6, 2023 9:30 PM

R298 ok i lurk all their boards and favorite youtube channels and read what they say all day but i guess you know better

by Anonymousreply 301January 6, 2023 9:32 PM

R300 Interesting point. It's not out of the realm of possibility that that's the reason he was there so many times previously.

by Anonymousreply 302January 6, 2023 10:11 PM

BK's defense attorney is working on his defense as we speak:

My client says the occupants of the 1126 King Rd house were all evil Democratic groomers, and he was merely there to rescue the children they were abusing.

by Anonymousreply 303January 6, 2023 10:16 PM

R285 I think you nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 304January 6, 2023 10:20 PM

R298- Calm down, 4Chan. R294 has a point. And no one around uses "wine mom.". Frau or go home.

by Anonymousreply 305January 6, 2023 10:33 PM

Bless your heart, r297.

by Anonymousreply 306January 6, 2023 10:34 PM

[quote]I think if they do a Calendar they can go topless like the firemen do. But they’ll have a super alpha tool belt with guns and cuffs and tasers.

Oh, MY!

*fans self*

by Anonymousreply 307January 6, 2023 10:35 PM

[quote]Folks should ease up on Dylan. BK may have been carrying his knife, but it was probably dark in the house and she was peering through a partly opened door

[quote]It wasn’t. They just got Door Dash. Everyone was up. She saw him.

I'm no A-grade crime sleuth, but I posted the original belief that is was dark in the house, and that's why BK didn't spy Dylan peering at him through her bedroom door.

I'm aware that Door Dash just delivered to the house, but who's to say that Xana didn't then shut off the lights in the kitchen/1st floor and retreat to her room. Dylan was asleep in her room so she (Xana) wouldn't be roaming around the 1st floor.

Furthermore, would BK enter the house to slaughter them with the whole place lit up like a Xmas tree, a house mind you with few to no blinds? He'd risk being seen by neighbors or by passerbys. I say the house was mostly dark, with Xana and Ethan still awake in their room. We'll eventually get all these details.

by Anonymousreply 308January 6, 2023 10:46 PM

There were more people going in and out of that fucking party house than an airport restroom. All hours of the day and night too.

by Anonymousreply 309January 6, 2023 11:02 PM

IIRC, the police bodycam footage of the drunk students in the field near the house showed that the lights went out at some point after 3 AM, but it’s possible that, since they were still awake, they were using dim accent lighting, enough for the killer to see the victims, but not enough to illuminate the windows.

by Anonymousreply 310January 6, 2023 11:03 PM

R281 Covid mask

by Anonymousreply 311January 6, 2023 11:06 PM

Ooooooh, r311!!! You gonna GET it. You in trouuuuble!

Sassin’ Mrs. G. like that.

by Anonymousreply 312January 6, 2023 11:14 PM

R311 But seriously, if the man was wearing a COVID mask that revealed his upper face, it’s possible the surviving roommate actually saw the Door Dash driver leaving, which means Xana was crying at that time because… her french fries were cold?

by Anonymousreply 313January 6, 2023 11:36 PM

Dylan identified his bushy eyebrows, Miss Marple. He had on a Covid mask

by Anonymousreply 314January 6, 2023 11:45 PM

On the upside at least the neighbors finally got some peace and quiet from this Party House. Multiple run ins and these girls didn't give a damn when the cops told them to keep down the noise or parties. To the Neighbors = I SEE YOU...Bet the next tenants will think twice before they wake you up at 3am again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315January 6, 2023 11:49 PM

R294 does make a point. I wondered why he ended up in that white supremacist nest of Idaho/western Washington. That place is otherworldly racist. Was his criminology prof that amazing

by Anonymousreply 316January 6, 2023 11:51 PM

This jury is going to see photos that will scar them for life. I feel for them.

by Anonymousreply 317January 6, 2023 11:54 PM

This never happens to me. Mostly because I LOCK MY DOORS. Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 318January 6, 2023 11:59 PM

"He might have been there to sell or get and got pissed off."

I don't think those kids were dealing drugs, Kaylee thought her used truck was a big deal and brought it by to show off to her former roomies, so I don't think any of them had drug-dealer money. Of course, dealers might have come to their parties, with or without the consent of the hosts, but if there was a drug-related problem it seems unlikely that BK's drug-fueled rage would turn against the hosts and not the dealers.

No, if Xana and Maddie were the primary intended targets, I suspect he'd met them at the restaurant where they both worked and they'd become the targets of his Incel rage. He'd had problems with female servers before, and had been asked to leave a local bar for that reason, so maybe it was the same deal with Maddie and Xana.

by Anonymousreply 319January 7, 2023 12:16 AM

[quote]Dylan identified his bushy eyebrows, Miss Marple. He had on a Covid mask.

Kohberger hardly has bushy eyebrows R314… I’ve seen the photos, and his eyebrows are of average size and lie neatly against his forehead.

by Anonymousreply 320January 7, 2023 12:24 AM

[quote]I don't think those kids were dealing drugs, Kaylee thought her used truck was a big deal and brought it by to show off to her former roomies, so I don't think any of them had drug-dealer money.

Not all dealers are kingpins.

by Anonymousreply 321January 7, 2023 12:25 AM

The cartel trolls are slowly worming their way back, just with a different drug-related angle.

by Anonymousreply 322January 7, 2023 12:30 AM

In Idaho, I should think a COVID mask would be more out of place than a ski mask.

by Anonymousreply 323January 7, 2023 12:34 AM

Kaylee, at R315, looked pretty confident that she was not going to get fined for a noise violation.

by Anonymousreply 324January 7, 2023 1:04 AM

The Daily Fail has photos of the bloody mattresses being dragged out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 325January 7, 2023 1:26 AM

Kohberger's alleged travels on day of murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 7, 2023 1:30 AM

I'm shocked that a criminology student and murder obsessor would make the error of not disposing of his cell phone before the day of the crime. Even taking his own car to the house was extremely stupid. I guess you'd need money to sell the car - quickly buy another one you intended to ditch - and just do without a cell phone for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 327January 7, 2023 1:54 AM

Did kohberger go to the prayer vigil?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328January 7, 2023 2:10 AM

These Tarot Readers are clowns. Gypsies making up things for money. They are getting bad on FB too.

by Anonymousreply 329January 7, 2023 2:23 AM

If this were him surely Inside Edition would have run with it by now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 7, 2023 2:40 AM

Another Angle...Too skinny and short...I don't think it's him. Multiple people would have come out with multiple images and videos by now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 7, 2023 2:43 AM

You can’t tell his height, the perspective of the photo makes him look smaller than the people behind him due to the downward angle. The shape of the haircut and face look totally identical to me. I think it’s him.

by Anonymousreply 332January 7, 2023 2:47 AM

I think it’s him.

by Anonymousreply 333January 7, 2023 2:51 AM

How about this one. ‘Papa Rodger’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334January 7, 2023 3:00 AM

There were several people on Reddit who suggested the sheath was left behind very early on, too. It's because there was some store owner who told the media that the cops had come in asking about a Ka-Bar knife, and everyone wondered how they knew specifics about the knife before the autopsy results, and when the murder weapon hadn't been left behind. Suggestions were that part of the blade broke off and was left behind, or the sheath was left behind.

by Anonymousreply 335January 7, 2023 3:03 AM

Sorry if this has already been covered, but do we know for sure that BK had been INSIDE the house, unknown to the people living there, before the murders?

I remember someone in one of the earliest threads suggesting that the killer had broken into the house more than once and knew his way around.

I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway

by Anonymousreply 336January 7, 2023 3:17 AM

No, R336, I don't think it's conclusive that BK had been inside the Idaho house (before the murders). I've never heard any news source allege that.

by Anonymousreply 337January 7, 2023 3:24 AM

R335 I’m glad you said that because I was all like, ‘it’s him!’ Till I read your post that is.

by Anonymousreply 338January 7, 2023 3:28 AM

That Poppa Rodgers account was also active after BK was arrested. That one isn't him.

by Anonymousreply 339January 7, 2023 4:16 AM

Two things. His eyebrows could be described as bushy, especially with a face mask blocking everything else, he has dramatic eyes.

Second thing. Have you noticed his hands? The color of them is soooo weird, they always look either bruised or like there’s no blood flow, his left hand especially looks purple-ly. No idea if this has any relevancy.

by Anonymousreply 340January 7, 2023 5:00 AM

A question. Why are so many of you trying to make sense of Dylan? Kids are so fucking stupid, how do you not get it? They’re just dumb, they make poor decisions as often as they breathe. It is the sheer stupidity of youth, nothing more, nothing less, so I humbly suggest we stop trying make make the PCA make sense out of what she did.

More information will come out. And maybe I’m wrong, maybe there will be something we learn that causes us to say, “ok, NOW it makes sense.” But at a minimum, I’m extremely confident that she just made a dumb “young adult” decision, why do something when you can do nothing, right?

If Dylan had the full context of what was happening in the house, she would never have gone back to bed!! You know what she probably said on her third peek-a-boo door game? “Fuck this shit, it’s 4am — I’m going to bed.” Because even though she heard weird things, her mind would never ever have gone to **murder**. I am sure she just wanted to get her sleep and not deal with drama or wasted people at 4am.

by Anonymousreply 341January 7, 2023 5:15 AM

Even if Dylan wasn't a druggie/partier if you lived with multiple other housemates would you have made a huge deal out of every single stranger you saw leaving? You'd have called the cops? No. That's just not realistic. Stop thinking that you'd have been 'better' - because you wouldn't have been. And that's what you're so deeply afraid of and why you want to hate on and blame Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 342January 7, 2023 5:26 AM

R341 = You are right. This younger GenZ is particularly stupid. It must be technology. Go look at ANY of them "explain" something. One chick has a crime TikTok and she was explaining the Menendez Murders like an 8 year old. Their greatest desire is to get "likes" for shaking their asses lip synching to rap. Cellphones are as dangerous as crack to some of these morons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343January 7, 2023 5:32 AM

R341 Do you think those were the same factors that made the four stabbing victims, who we now know were awake, so vulnerable? Being drunk/high/stoned into enough complacency that one guy was able to kill them, one after the other, with no one escaping? That would explain why Xana was crying instead of screaming — she couldn’t process what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 344January 7, 2023 5:33 AM

R344 I'm not 341 but look at some other multiple murders and it's entirely possible without them being drunk/high/stoned. Guy Heinze Jr. beat eight members of his family to death in 2009 for example.

by Anonymousreply 345January 7, 2023 5:36 AM

[quote] if the man was wearing a COVID mask that revealed his upper face, it’s possible the surviving roommate actually saw the Door Dash driver leaving

Door Dash drivers don’t enter the house.

by Anonymousreply 346January 7, 2023 5:50 AM

R342, she said she saw him and froze in a fear and then locked her door.

by Anonymousreply 347January 7, 2023 5:50 AM

[quote] There were several people on Reddit who suggested the sheath was left behind very early on,

It was left at the murder scene. WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 348January 7, 2023 5:52 AM

R347 Even if that happened, you still wouldn't have called the cops and that's what really bothers you.

by Anonymousreply 349January 7, 2023 5:52 AM

[quote] The color of them is soooo weird, they always look either bruised or like there’s no blood flow

They only looked like that in his graduation video.

by Anonymousreply 350January 7, 2023 5:53 AM

[quote] If this were him surely Inside Edition would have run with it by now?

When you see the video in motion, it doesn’t look like him.

by Anonymousreply 351January 7, 2023 5:53 AM

Creepy true crime obsessives on Twitter:

"Waiting on this probable cause info to be released like I waited for Christmas. Tell me more! #bryankohberger"

"I could care let about Christmas gifts! This is what I wanted for Christmas!!!"

"How deep, was each stab wound? How many were there? Was anybody's throat cut? Was Ethan Chapin disemboweled, or emasculated?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352January 7, 2023 5:57 AM

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming

We're finally on our own

This summer, I hear the drumming

by Anonymousreply 353January 7, 2023 5:59 AM

R347 I don't think the PCA quotes her statement directly, it's a secondhand summary. She could have said something like "I thought they were having drama and when I saw this random guy leaving I got scared to go out so I just locked my door and went to sleep"

by Anonymousreply 354January 7, 2023 6:00 AM

[quote] Creepy true crime obsessives

Ironyproof.

by Anonymousreply 355January 7, 2023 6:00 AM

R344 some people might not be able to scream when they're that terrified. if the victims were "out of it" and therefore unable to react I think it's more likely due to being just woken up or in the middle of sleeping than drugs. Being half asleep or extremely drowsy takes you pretty far out of reality. I'm reminded of a documentary I watched about the sinking of the Estonia. In the middle of the chaos this young man is describing how his parents silently just nodded at him to leave them, and I think a few other accounts of people who were so scared they just froze in silence and waited to die.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 7, 2023 6:06 AM

R356 No, if you are already asleep, you really can't do much.

by Anonymousreply 357January 7, 2023 6:08 AM

When I first moved into my current house I had a bad habit of never locking the door because honestly I'd never really lived in the household where we did lock the doors and also I was just used to people coming in and out as they please because of the different weird ass living situations I grew up in. However about a month into this place I woke up at 3:00 in the morning to the sound of my front door opening and all I could do was sit up in my bed and listen to the footsteps coming toward me but like I couldn't get up I just froze. And then after what seemed like an eternity there is this man standing in my bedroom doorway and only then did I start to try to yell but I couldn't form words and I can't even really fully describe the sound that I was making as this man just stood in my doorway looking back at me. And then he finally turned around walked back to the front door stopped and that's when I finally got out of bed and just started yelling what do you want what do you want and he just turned around said f*** you and then went out the door.

by Anonymousreply 358January 7, 2023 6:12 AM

I guess my point is is that you can definitely be completely paralyzed by fear and had he been faster and more violent he could have probably stabbed me to death without me making a sound. As soon as he was gone I did grab my phone and call the police but then realized that the house next door was a notorious party house 24/7 drunken parties there and he likely had just wandered off from that party and then wandered into my house. Although I do have to say that it did occur to me that perhaps he had meant to go into the adjoining unit where a single woman lived alone and perhaps he had been planning to rape and murder her but I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 359January 7, 2023 6:14 AM

R357 - that's my point, if they were asleep or half asleep then there's no need to speculate about drugs, they would have been totally helpless and unable to reasonably react.

by Anonymousreply 360January 7, 2023 6:14 AM

It's a shame the college students lost one of their best party houses this semester. But at least the cops won't have to waste time asking fat chicks to keep the music down so the neighbors can sleep.

by Anonymousreply 361January 7, 2023 6:24 AM

And also like I've said previously in this thread I lived in some pretty sketchy situations including one house where there were 19 people living in a four bedroom house and all manner of different partying going on with all sorts of characters coming in and out of the house as if they live there. And even though some really really terrible things happen like one night when a guy came in and sexually assaulted to my cousins and Rob the place nothing changed. Even after he was arrested and the charges the house still remained the same and frankly I just kind of became used to the chaos and one night my mom was robbed in the middle of the night some guy just wandered in another time the cops came running through our house looking for a carjacker that they had been chasing and held me at gunpoint I've just kind of become accustomed to weird s*** and just kind of go with it. In fact the time when I was on my own and the guy just walked in my nn reaction was actually surprising even to me.

by Anonymousreply 362January 7, 2023 6:26 AM

Papa Rodger went offline right before Bryan was arrested.

by Anonymousreply 363January 7, 2023 7:07 AM

This is weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364January 7, 2023 7:57 AM

You are paralysed with fear and disbelief: You can’t process what is happening, you don’t believe your eyes. The shock has rendered you speechless and even unable to move.

This response is far, far more common than the flight or fight reaction, where one would shout, call the police, etc.

Dylan knew something terrible had happened and she must’ve been up all night, anxiously watching the door and window, praying nobody would try to force their way in. So scared, that she didn’t dare to make any noise. The idea of calling 911 and speaking to the operator must have terrified her.

by Anonymousreply 365January 7, 2023 8:06 AM

[quote]Do you think those were the same factors that made the four stabbing victims, who we now know were awake, so vulnerable?

We don't know that they were all awake. Dylan said she thought she heard Kaylee playing with the dog, but because the times she gave were estimates, she could have actually been hearing BK moving the dog to another room, or the dog starting to get agitated because he saw a stranger in the house. We don't know who said "someone's here," it could have been Xana, who was awake and waiting for DoorDash.

Her DoorDash order was in her name, so it's possible it was just for her because she was the only one awake and Ethan was already asleep.

by Anonymousreply 366January 7, 2023 8:38 AM

[quote] You are paralysed with fear and disbelief: You can’t process what is happening, you don’t believe your eyes. The shock has rendered you speechless and even unable to move.

She locked her door and went back to bed for six hours. lol. Spare us.

by Anonymousreply 367January 7, 2023 10:37 AM

Wine moms will be claiming fibromyalgia for Dylan next.

by Anonymousreply 368January 7, 2023 10:38 AM

4chan found Bryan’s rap song from his SoundCloud uploaded 11 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369January 7, 2023 10:40 AM

None of us knows what happened, R367. So spare us your dumb "lol" and your wild speculation.

by Anonymousreply 370January 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Buck would have never left his sheath.

by Anonymousreply 371January 7, 2023 10:44 AM

Younow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 7, 2023 10:52 AM

Another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373January 7, 2023 10:53 AM

BK really was an idiot. I mean, we spent weeks analyzing satellite photos of Moscow, and talking about how easy it would be for a stalker to walk unseen through that part of town, and be undetected as long as he had the sense to use tree cover, and leave the car, and cell phone at home. And what does Mr. Criminology Expert do? Drives his car to the murder scene, and takes his cell phone!

I can't believe they wasted a spot in a criminology PhD program on someone who was a complete idiot when faced with real life.

by Anonymousreply 374January 7, 2023 11:27 AM

Unbelievable that people are making stuff like this but I guess the point is to demonstrate that Dylan might not have been able to get a very good a look at BK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375January 7, 2023 11:52 AM

He looked better with a little fat on his face

by Anonymousreply 376January 7, 2023 11:56 AM

R364- Interesting why? Let's not drag more innocent people into this mess.

by Anonymousreply 377January 7, 2023 12:44 PM

Right, R194. She may have got a bad vibe off him but did nothing bc it was a party house with lots of people coming and going. What R242 said. And hearing someone crying in a house full of young girls wouldn't be unusual either.

Lol, R215.

by Anonymousreply 378January 7, 2023 12:51 PM

{quote]Sorry if this has already been covered, but do we know for sure that BK had been INSIDE the house, unknown to the people living there, before the murders?

Everyone here needs to go back and read the public affidavit. Links to it are posted on this thread, twice. BK was NOT inside the house before the murders. His car was clearly seen on local security/Ring cameras in the neighborhood, being driven around in the minutes before the murders. They know the exact timeframe of the murders (4:04-4:20 AM, approximately).

by Anonymousreply 379January 7, 2023 1:40 PM

Let's try this again...

[quote]Sorry if this has already been covered, but do we know for sure that BK had been INSIDE the house, unknown to the people living there, before the murders?

Everyone here needs to go back and read the public affidavit. Links to it are posted on this thread, twice. BK was NOT inside the house before the murders. His car was clearly seen on local security/Ring cameras in the neighborhood, being driven around in the minutes before the murders. They know the exact timeframe of the murders (4:04-4:20 AM, approximately).

by Anonymousreply 380January 7, 2023 1:41 PM

And Xana was not asleep when she was killed. She had just received a Door Dash from Jack in the Box (eek! not my choice of a last meal) at 4:00 AM sharp, about five minutes before BK began his killing spree. She was awake and munching, and scrolling through TikTok per the review of her phone/computer records by LE.

The 'whimpering' or 'crying' that Dylan heard from Xana's room was probably Xana, unfortunately. My guess is she was unable to scream, due to her injuries. If her lungs or abdomen/diaphragm were damaged (the other victims had thoracic/abdominal tears), she wouldn't have been able to muster much more than a whimper. No strength or air in the lungs.

by Anonymousreply 381January 7, 2023 1:45 PM

As far as Dylan goes, and the gap between her viewing BK in the house and the 911 calls hours later, after she fell asleep: context is key. She's a college student, living in a major local party house, with people coming and going all hours of the day and night. It was Sat night/Sun morning, after a local home football game I believe. Major party night on- and off-campus, lots of kids and people milling around, in all states of inebriation or stupor.

She had no idea he'd been in there slashing and murdering her roommates. The affidavit only states that she heard the dog barking upstairs, some whimpering, and male voice then this guy strolling out. She may have thought he was a delivery person, or even a dealer perhaps - Xana had just taken a Door Dash delivery, barely 10 minutes earlier, at 4 in the morning. It seems this house didn't keep their kitchen slider locked.

Even if nervous or feeling apprehensive, she wouldn't call 911 and bring police into their house. It's not out of order to believe the house had tons of weed, molly, perhaps coke or other illicit stuff stashed everyplace. The last thing she'd want is police in the house, checking around and asking questions, finding stuff that would get them arrested. I can absolutely see why she chose to go back to bed, and fall asleep. She clearly had no idea the man she saw in the house had just slashed her roommates to death.

by Anonymousreply 382January 7, 2023 1:54 PM

I didn’t realize the Door Dash was Jack in the Box.

by Anonymousreply 383January 7, 2023 2:02 PM

Is there any speculation on how he knew of these girls? Apparently he’d been stalking them for a while.

by Anonymousreply 384January 7, 2023 2:03 PM

Just a guess, but I’m betting he crossed paths with them at the restaurant where they worked. He’d harassed waitstaff at another restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 385January 7, 2023 2:08 PM

There is some speculation that possibly Xana and Maddie were his targets, and they worked together at the local Mad Greek restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 386January 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Murder audio leaked from neighbor’s security camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387January 7, 2023 2:56 PM

Ethan was screaming like that 12 feet from Dylan’s room.

by Anonymousreply 388January 7, 2023 3:09 PM

That audio is chilling, but how did the neighbor's outdoor camera and microphone pick up sounds like that from INSIDE the house next door? It sounds like chatter or noise that would come from people standing outside. I don't have a Ring or security set up myself, so someone else here will have to correct me about how this works, and how sensitive the mics are.

Watch the TikTok re the layout of the house - Ethan/Xana's room was around the corner, then down a long narrow hallway from Dylan's. With doors shut, and other ambient noise (did Dylan have music or headphones on? the affidavit wouldn't state that) it's possible she didn't hear as much as we'd think she would.

by Anonymousreply 389January 7, 2023 3:17 PM

R387 If that audio is real (there have been a lot of fakes in this case’s online fandom), then it’s really something.

by Anonymousreply 390January 7, 2023 3:23 PM

I am struggling with that audio. Is it real? It is horrifying if real. It sounds like Xana getting her food from the driver first, maybe? Then the attack begins almost immediately? How did this leak already if LEO have managed to not leak so many other pieces of this case?

He had purplely hands in the court room too.

The bottom line is that these kids were sitting ducks. Based on the time of the attack, sleeping, drugs/alcohol, no weapons or training, attacked blitz-kreig (sp?) style. No one survives a surprise attack under those conditions. Which of course makes him highly dangerous, this is the worst of the worst in crime, he went after the most vulnerable people and made sure they would be helpless and unable to stop him.

BK seems to be in complete denial still. I think that he thinks he can get out of this! He is never walking free again, but he doesn’t know it yet. I would love for him to be mixed in with the “gen pop” in the jail, but he will definitely be kept in isolation because this case is so huge. Another weird “tell” he has. I’ve noticed he will make strong eye contact with someone, but he then disconnects like a robot. You can feel that he’s wearing a mask and tries to appear normal, but if you pay attention to his social cues, they are way off.

by Anonymousreply 391January 7, 2023 3:35 PM

The affidavit says that Ethan's body was found in their bed. We'll find out later if he was "in" bed, ie. under the covers, resting or sleeping; or just found with his body prone on the bed, as if to have fallen there after struggling with the killer. The state of the bedroom, the other furniture, etc. will tell a lot about that situation. A struggle between two men would have left everything in that small room in disarray.

If I had to guess, I'd say Ethan was probably resting or lightly asleep when the attack began, and was at a full disadvantage during the attack.

We know Xana was wide awake at the time. Her body was found on her bedroom floor. She likely put up a struggle of some kind, what she could.

by Anonymousreply 392January 7, 2023 3:41 PM

Jesus that audio... Chilling.

If the slider door was open, I could see the audio getting picked up from a Ring camera. I also believe Dylan heard a lot more than the affidavit is letting on. They probably save the details to make their court case.

by Anonymousreply 393January 7, 2023 3:45 PM

Good point Dutch, re the hold back in the affidavit. I hadn't thought of that. They maybe only put what was necessary there to sustain and justify the initial charges filed.

by Anonymousreply 394January 7, 2023 3:49 PM

R336 here, the question I was asking, and attempted to clarify in my second sentence, was whether it was known whether he had entered the house on previous occasions, unknown to the people living there, in order to explore and presumably plan his crimes.

I am so sorry I caused R379 and 380 such distress. I should have been more aware of the deep emotional upset that discussing this case on the internet can cause others, no matter how very far from the event they may be.

by Anonymousreply 395January 7, 2023 4:01 PM

Police already claimed to have the audio with a time stamp from a camera outside just 50 feet from Xana’s room. Their audio is probably even clearer.

by Anonymousreply 396January 7, 2023 4:27 PM

Again, police confirmed the audio, how the fuck did Dylan not hear this? She was on the same floor. She went back to bed for 6 hours after. Was she stoned out of her mind? Did she let him in? It’s just going to look worse and worse for her and no amount of people making excuses for her is going to hold up. She’s going to be destroyed in court by the defense.

by Anonymousreply 397January 7, 2023 4:28 PM

How did the dog not have blood on itself? The Daily Mail has photos of the blood soaked mattresses and furniture. So much the police reported turned out to be bs. They were not asleep when they were killed.

by Anonymousreply 398January 7, 2023 4:30 PM

R397, she will only be attacked if lunatics like you stop making insane accusations!!! JFC, do you have a pitchfork and torch, ready to burn her at the stake??? For the millionth time, we do not have all the context AND kids are stupid. Leave this girl alone, she is a fucking survivor and a victim, you stupid whore.

by Anonymousreply 399January 7, 2023 4:32 PM

[quote]She’s going to be destroyed in court by the defense.

She may not even need to testify. They already have his car on video arriving at the house before the murders, and his DNA at the crime scene. Her testimony isn't especially relevant.

by Anonymousreply 400January 7, 2023 4:34 PM

R491, it’s a neighbor’s audio. Police have audio from the security camera right outside the house. Probably a lot of people’s cameras picked it up.

It’s amazing that at 3am, there was a cop talking to a bunch of kids before this occurred.

BK did this in record time. It’s also pretty obvious that Papa Rodger was him on Facebook and they’re already confirming that he was posting on other groups.

by Anonymousreply 401January 7, 2023 4:34 PM

R399, no, we’re not going to not state the obvious just to make you feel better. Get over it. We’re not brain dead. We’ll call a spade a spade.

by Anonymousreply 402January 7, 2023 4:35 PM

it's possible she heard the entire thing and remained in a state of shock too afraid to leave her room, perhaps she was the one that fainted, the PCA is going over what like a minute of time?

by Anonymousreply 403January 7, 2023 4:36 PM

R402, you need a meds check. You’re contributing to a mob mentality and it is highly ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 404January 7, 2023 4:38 PM

R398- LE was actively tracking a suspect. Despite the public's general sense of entitlement, strategic release of information (or misinformation) about a violent crime is normal.

by Anonymousreply 405January 7, 2023 4:39 PM

If BK is Papa Rodgers, he's referring to Elliot Rodgers' father - a figure who is memed and discussed to death by incels online, he may come up on racist boards from time to time if white supremacists are shitting on hapas in particular.

by Anonymousreply 406January 7, 2023 4:41 PM

Where was the audio confirmed by LE? I heard it this morning but every comment I could find was calling it an obvious fake and haven't seen anything different.

by Anonymousreply 407January 7, 2023 4:42 PM

Dylan or D.M. can't ID BK in court, i.e., she can't point to him and say that that's who she saw in the house. She can testify she saw someone with bushy eyebrows. I think her testimony will be important as far as the timeline. (Dylan said she woke up at 4:00 a.m. and opened her door 3X thereafter.)

by Anonymousreply 408January 7, 2023 4:44 PM

A friend of mine in college would get drunk and fall back asleep after horrible events. Her boyfriend went up to a guy's front door and shot him in the face with a shotgun. She was drunk in the front seat and aware of what happened. Her boyfriend walked her into their house 25 minutes later and she slept until the next afternoon. Some drunks are like that.

by Anonymousreply 409January 7, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote]I think her testimony will be important as far as the timeline. (Dylan said she woke up at 4:00 a.m. and opened her door 3X thereafter.)

If the prosecution thinks she’s an unreliable witness, or won’t hold up on cross-examination, then they might not call her. The timeline can be established without her, and nothing she has to say is essential to getting a conviction.

by Anonymousreply 410January 7, 2023 5:03 PM

[quote]How did the dog not have blood on itself?

Supposedly it was in another room. But if it had blood on it, it probably licked itself clean.

by Anonymousreply 411January 7, 2023 5:05 PM

The PCA (affidavit) and other sources have said that the police or 1st responders found the dog in the closed off spare bedrooom, on the 3rd floor across the hall from where Kaylee and Maddie were found dead. The killer clearly placed him in there, and shut the door.

by Anonymousreply 412January 7, 2023 5:10 PM

This may not go to trial. He’s going to be encouraged to take a plea deal to avoid the death penalty. The evidence is overwhelming. And he has a public defender from Idaho, not a high-priced attorney used to dealing with media-interest cases.

by Anonymousreply 413January 7, 2023 5:16 PM

Am currently not detecting a firm commitment from the American media to sustaining the presumption of innocence here.

by Anonymousreply 414January 7, 2023 5:21 PM

[quote] He’s going to be encouraged to take a plea deal to avoid the death penalty.

IIRC, Kaylee's father said he can forgive but expects BK to die.

by Anonymousreply 415January 7, 2023 5:24 PM

Supposedly, from what I've read, the public defender (Ann Taylor? a 40-something blond woman, seen in court with him) is supposed to be very adept. She got some kind of acquittal for a very tough case recently.

If they do go to full trial, expect him to use the high foot traffic in and out of the party house as a deflection. They'll say he entered the house b/c he was hanging around, but found the victims already attacked and tried to help them (hence the comment, "I'm here to help you"). He found Kaylee and Maddie already killed but his sheath came off bedside. It accounts for his presence, his footprints, etc. He'll try to pin the Door Dash delivery person or someone else.

by Anonymousreply 416January 7, 2023 5:29 PM

That's one hell of a scenario, R416

But you never know..

by Anonymousreply 417January 7, 2023 5:32 PM

R416, great post!!! I think that’s the only strategy he can use, blame the DoorDasher.

by Anonymousreply 418January 7, 2023 5:44 PM

The dog was put in it’s crate by the owner prior to them going to bed. Xana on the second floor was likely awake and the others were sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 419January 7, 2023 5:58 PM

And the Door Dash guy will have no evidence that he was in his car, delivering food.

by Anonymousreply 420January 7, 2023 6:13 PM

"‘According to a report from early on, the two surviving roommates had a scare and spent the night in one of the downstairs bedrooms. They got a call the next morning from Xana's work that she hadn't shown up.They looked out and her car was still at the house. They called her and Ethan and no answer, but could hear their phones ringing. They called friends to see if they knew what was going on. They didn't have answers either but went over to see what was going on. The girls went upstairs and found the carnage. One called 911 and ran out of the house and fainted, says a neighbor. He picked up the phone and told the dispatcher that the caller was "unconscious".By then, the friends had been in the house looking for the other roommate who was frantically screaming and they saw why and got on the phone with the dispatcher. The neighbor said the cops were there immediately and taped off the scene.A lot of the early reports made more sense, but then the information just stopped and people just started making up stuff.Hope that helps."

by Anonymousreply 421January 7, 2023 6:17 PM

He'll definitely cop to being in the neighborhood, and being near the house - he can't deny that. He'll say he was nearby, and heard shouting or yelling coming from the house, and went over to investigate because something was wrong. He'll say he found the kitchen slider wide open, went in and found the girls upstairs dead - in checking on them, his sheath accidentally came loose from his belt and landed next to the bed. Going downstairs, he found Ethan & Xana near dead, telling them "but I'm here to help you".

Realizing he couldn't help them, and that by being there he'd be fingered for the crime, he turned to book it out of there. He then booked it back home, but came by the next morning to see if the police or EMTs had been there yet.

by Anonymousreply 422January 7, 2023 6:20 PM

There really was an unconscious person! My faith in 911 is restored.

by Anonymousreply 423January 7, 2023 6:34 PM

R416 and R422, you were giving me vibes of BK's posting details on other social media.

But a quick ignore check shows you've long been posting on the British royal family, so you're exonerated.

by Anonymousreply 424January 7, 2023 6:34 PM

Why does he only have a public defender? Is that usual in such a high-profile case? Even if the family's too poor, wouldn't there be some vulture willing to waive their fee in exchange for the national exposure?

by Anonymousreply 425January 7, 2023 6:36 PM

So I read that people think Papa Rodger and Inside looking were definitely him, what exactly did they say? Is there any screen shot of the posts? And what of the fucking gross knife up Kaylee's twat and intestines pulled out post?

by Anonymousreply 426January 7, 2023 6:42 PM

Re: Intestines pulled out: I think that was all fiction, given that they BK had only 15-20 minutes to kill FOUR people.

by Anonymousreply 427January 7, 2023 6:46 PM

[quote] Why does he only have a public defender? Is that usual in such a high-profile case? Even if the family's too poor, wouldn't there be some vulture willing to waive their fee in exchange for the national exposure?

Apparently, he qualifies for a public defender. No, an attorney would not take on a time-consuming case like that, pro bono, just for exposure. People need to earn a living.

Lots of high-profile cases involve public defenders: Nicholas Cruz. Jodi Arias' attorney (Kurt Nurmi) was initially a public defender. He quit his job at the public defender in order to get out of the case. The judge court-appointed him as a private attorney, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 428January 7, 2023 6:49 PM

R426, someone posted this a few days ago. It looks super cheesy, but I listened to it in the background and recall coming away thinking that InsideLooking could well have been BK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 7, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote] IIRC, Kaylee's father said he can forgive but expects BK to die.

Yes, he said he played god by killing them… so the parents now want to play god by killing him too. lol

by Anonymousreply 430January 7, 2023 6:52 PM

Of course InsideLooking was him. That’s been pretty much agreed upon.

by Anonymousreply 431January 7, 2023 6:52 PM

The accounts associated with BK stopped posting the day before he was arrested.

by Anonymousreply 432January 7, 2023 6:54 PM

LE confirmed he was posting on groups for case yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 433January 7, 2023 6:54 PM

Now I'm completely confused whether a post on BK is about Burger King or Bryan Kohberger!

by Anonymousreply 434January 7, 2023 6:57 PM

r424, I have but three interests online: true crime, US politics, and British royal tiaras. All three converging here at DL (but not in the same thread, sadly).

by Anonymousreply 435January 7, 2023 7:12 PM

[quote]Xana on the second floor was likely awake and the others were sleeping.

Wasn’t the boyfriend in the same room with her. Was he just asleep while she was eating her DoorDash? They were probably both awake.

by Anonymousreply 436January 7, 2023 7:35 PM

The fact he kept driving by the house later enrages me. I don't know why that detail in particular does. I guess cause he wanted to witness the chaos he caused. I bet he was at the vigils or whatever they had for them. I'm so glad he's a fucking moron who did everything wrong. I really was getting worried that this case would go cold. My boyfriend told me though that he bet LE knew exactly who it was and that they don't owe the public any details of what they're doing to catch him. They did a good job not tipping their hands.

by Anonymousreply 437January 7, 2023 8:11 PM

Gonna be hard to explain away the bloody footprints. They likely have his vans.

by Anonymousreply 438January 7, 2023 8:15 PM

As far as Dylan not calling 911 or leaving her room: These are young kids who came from different towns and probably hadn't known each other long, all renting rooms in shared house. It was a party weekend and this house was known for parties. She had come home earlier and she was asleep. She might have thought they brought friends home. They might have been playing video games. People scream and yell all the time. Yes sometimes you hear a dramatic yell or scream, sometimes you hear screaming for the dog to shut up. But if that's it, a minute or two of outbursts and then calm, you forget about it. You don't want to look like typical DL prisspot and call 911. No one imagines all the residents are being slaughtered. In that situation, if something crazy is happening, she would have assumed the whole house would get up, move about, and call 911 (like say if they'd a home invasion.

by Anonymousreply 439January 7, 2023 9:10 PM

There were a few posts in the early threads that were very… sure about details about the crime. A couple of posts were mildly threatening to other posters.

When I try to ignore those posts, they don’t come up in my “Ignored” section. It’s weird, but the ignore function doesn’t always work that well.

Sometimes I’ll ignore one of my own posts. Some of my other posts will show up under “Ignored,” but the post I actually ignored won’t show up.

by Anonymousreply 440January 7, 2023 9:35 PM

I really wish they would release how he got into the house. If he actually broke in, how?

It’s terrifying to think he could break in, kill 4 people, and leave in 15-20 minutes.

Do we think security cameras at the actual house would have deterred him? He seems so frenzied and there were cameras all around.

by Anonymousreply 441January 7, 2023 9:39 PM

[quote] Gonna be hard to explain away the bloody footprints. They likely have his vans.

Doubt it was bloody. They didn’t even notice the shoe print until the second time they looked at the house. There were a million kids in that place that probably wore the same shoes.

by Anonymousreply 442January 7, 2023 9:41 PM

Thinking about the spares dog and his vegetarianism…I wonder if vegetarianism is part of the motive. Like he had a fight with Maddie or someone over eating meat while keeping a dog as a pet. Like did he say-you’re willing to kill animals and keep animals? And then demonstrated what that killing is like?

by Anonymousreply 443January 7, 2023 9:41 PM

R439, that’s not at all what happened. She knew them all well. She was in their videos. She did impersonations of them and vice versa. She was right there.

by Anonymousreply 444January 7, 2023 9:42 PM

R441 the affidavit mentions BK leaving through the sliding door, it is therefore assumed that that's how he came in. There are only two points of entry for that house, one is the front door, the other the sliding door. It is extremely likely they never bothered to lock said sliding door, and I am willing to bet good money that they didn't have something like a security bar installed.

See link to PDF to read for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445January 7, 2023 10:06 PM

R439 Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were friends since sixth grade. Ethan and Xana were together for a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 446January 7, 2023 10:14 PM

That Goncalves father is getting a bit tiresome. It may be a coping mechanism but he should lay off TV appearances.

by Anonymousreply 447January 7, 2023 10:23 PM

BK’s TapaTalk profile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448January 7, 2023 10:32 PM

BK’s posts. He was going nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449January 7, 2023 10:47 PM

BK continues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450January 7, 2023 10:47 PM

[quote]I really wish they would release how he got into the house. If he actually broke in, how?

Pretty sure that one or both doors were unlocked.

That house was basically a dorm. People coming and going when they want. Food deliveries, hookups coming in at all hours. If you wanted privacy, lock the door to your room.

by Anonymousreply 451January 7, 2023 10:47 PM

BK says he’s on medication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452January 7, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote] I’ve noticed he will make strong eye contact with someone, but he then disconnects like a robot.

Kind of a no-win situation. If he avoided eye contact you'd call that an indication of guilt, and if he held eye contact you'd be writing how creepy and aggressive that was

by Anonymousreply 453January 7, 2023 10:54 PM

Again, all you recent posters, are we talking Bryan Kohberger or Burger King?

by Anonymousreply 454January 7, 2023 10:54 PM

Christ, he's an emo too....maybe a worse crime. Of course he's super fucking narsy, like anyone gave a shit about all this. Go listen to some fucking Panic at the Disco and fuck off, BK.

by Anonymousreply 455January 7, 2023 10:55 PM

A Kohburger? I should Trademark that.

by Anonymousreply 456January 7, 2023 10:56 PM

What is Topamax usually prescribed for?

Topiramate is a medication that works in the brain and is sometimes used in patients with bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression). It is approved for the treatment of seizures (epilepsy) in adults and children in combination with other anticonvulsants and for preventing migraine headaches in adults.

by Anonymousreply 457January 7, 2023 10:57 PM

If that Ring audio in R387 is very convincing, from the garbled voices, the whining dog, the breaks in the audio, the ambient noise, the spontaneous, blood-chilling primal grunts and yelling — everything fits with the scenario in the affidavit. If it was faked, it was by a damn good sound designer/editor.

As for the acoustics in the neighborhood, it’s possible that sounds are naturally amplified in one particular spot and dampened in another due to the buildings and landscaping. This would explain why some neighbors didn’t hear the commotion at all, while others heard some of it. However, this does not explain why the other roommate didn’t hear any screaming or yelling (yet heard softer sounds, like crying and spoken words.)

by Anonymousreply 458January 7, 2023 11:00 PM

Seriously, all that online raving about feeling like his head is full of dirt, he's empty inside, and visual disturbances... what drugs can cause those feelings?

Some of it sounds like the feeling of emptiness that's a symptom of some of the nastier personality disorders, but ever since we first heard about this guy and his weight loss and dramatic personality change in high school... we've been speculating about illegal drug use. Can long-term use of stimulants such as Adderall cause this shit?

by Anonymousreply 459January 7, 2023 11:02 PM

R435 , Jesus Christ, you're a piece of shit Klan granny. The way you think is not normal. You are one of DataLounge's prolific trolls.

Even on this thread, all you do is speculate every damned thing. You post every thought that enters your head. You go on and on about a Ring and you don't have one and you don't know anything about them.

You love to talk. You've posted hundreds of comments about Prince Harry in less than a week. You're sick in the head. Get a life.

Troll

by Anonymousreply 460January 7, 2023 11:08 PM

R458, what you posted makes a lot of sense. I’ve listened to it several times, it would be shocking if it is fake because it’s so well done and horrifying, it makes me want to cry hearing that kid fighting for his life and his girlfriend too, OMG.

The one thing that is confusing me on this are the clock times. Don’t they fail to line up to the PCA?

by Anonymousreply 461January 7, 2023 11:09 PM

The Klan Granny guy calls somebody else a troll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 7, 2023 11:11 PM

With the cops coming to the house so often for noise complaints, I’d imagine Dylan was reluctant to call them (911.) But shock was probably the bigger factor.

by Anonymousreply 463January 7, 2023 11:33 PM

Yes r463, that hasn’t been said enough. When you’ve got the cops out at your house all the time, the last thing you want to do is….call the cops and create unnecessary attention from them.

by Anonymousreply 464January 7, 2023 11:41 PM

"Pappa Rodger’s Facebook Profile Picture Resembled Kohberger, Some Believe"

Saw this but also it is on a FB account (you can see that when you hit the pic it takes you to that FB account) and with this comment on the side:

"Kassie O'Brien That's a Soviet WWII side cap. Whoever Pappa Rodger is, his profile pic is a Communist soldier. Hidden: A True Crime Podcast, holy smokes...a Soviet cap...MOSCOW".

Pretty interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465January 7, 2023 11:50 PM

[quote]What is Topamax usually prescribed for?

It’s primarily an anti-seizure medication. But it can also be used for migraines, and also used as a mood stabilizer in bipolar or similar mental disorders.

by Anonymousreply 466January 7, 2023 11:53 PM

I think the gal not calling 911 is the William Garretson syndrome. He having been the caretaker of Ciello Drive the night of the Manson murders. There's no way he didn't realize something pretty terrible was going on just outside the guesthouse. The dogs were going CRAZY demanding to be let out. The shots, the screams on the lawn. Then, one of the girls tried the door to the guest house, which was locked. He had to have heard/seen the jiggling of the door knob.

BUT, Garretson, in my mind, was scared to death, and basically shut down. Went to bed, in hopes of waking up to everything being ok. Not realistic, but he was young, like the roommate. The cops found him sound asleep. I think a similar dynamic was at play here.

by Anonymousreply 467January 7, 2023 11:55 PM

[quote]Everyone here needs to go back and read the public affidavit.

People all over, not just on DL, have gotten the information in the affidavit completely wrong, to the point that misinformation is being passed off as truth pretty much all the time.

It's astonishing but I'd say easily half of the people interested in this case cannot properly process information or read with an adult level of understanding.

by Anonymousreply 468January 7, 2023 11:57 PM

Kohberger would make a great Sherlock Holmes. The looks, the drugs, the OCD.

by Anonymousreply 469January 7, 2023 11:58 PM

Pappa Rodger is almost certainly some guy who was wanting people to think he was the killer. He was active a few hours after Bryan was arrested in the evening, so it's not him.

by Anonymousreply 470January 7, 2023 11:59 PM

I still partially think he has an accomplice, or Was the accomplice….someone he found through that survey for criminals. Probably wrong I know….but still feel like there’s a lot more to come out

by Anonymousreply 471January 8, 2023 12:00 AM

R440 which post numbers in what threads?

by Anonymousreply 472January 8, 2023 12:04 AM

R449/450- Jesus. That kid needed help. He was 17 when he wrote those. Psychosis, clearly, but sounds like something much nastier too setting in. He was on heroin in his junior/senior year, I think? That could do it, but this still sounds like something deeper. The sense of losing his old self and not being able to control what is happening sounds more like a serious mental illness onset. But I'm not a psychologist and this isn't Websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 473January 8, 2023 12:06 AM

R468 you are so right. It is the reason people fail tests. I’d hit the WW thing but for some reason it never works for me.

I can’t wait till we get more information.

by Anonymousreply 474January 8, 2023 12:19 AM

Dylan had earbuds in. That is probably why she didn't hear anything. I also wonder (ONLY SPECULATING) if there were drugs in the house. Because dope can put you in a deep sleep.

by Anonymousreply 475January 8, 2023 12:44 AM

Wouldn’t you NOT call police if you know for a fact that your roommates have drugs in the house? Is pot even legal there?

by Anonymousreply 476January 8, 2023 1:00 AM

He walked past Dylan's door twice, why did he bypass her?

by Anonymousreply 477January 8, 2023 1:15 AM

Was Ethan naked when he was found?

by Anonymousreply 478January 8, 2023 1:42 AM

The Killer clearly has a hatred for women with big hips who like to party. Did I solve it?.. Is there a reward I can pick up?

by Anonymousreply 479January 8, 2023 1:50 AM

Yes, have we seen the autopsy report for Ethan yet? I want to know if he was circumcised.

by Anonymousreply 480January 8, 2023 1:54 AM

[quote]Dylan had earbuds in. That is probably why she didn't hear anything.

Don't you think that would be in the affidavit if it was true?

by Anonymousreply 481January 8, 2023 2:17 AM

R481 = No. You clearly do not watch CourtTV....They tore apart the affidavit with their experts...The cellphone pings are junk science and meaningless and yet THAT was all over the affidavit. Also the DNA "match" came from Bryans DAD and they didn't even have his DNA yet. The affidavit "forgets" to mention WHAT everyone at the Party House was doing for hours and hours after the crime instead of calling 911. Yes I think he is guilty but the CourtTv experts are already saying there is plenty of room for the defense.

by Anonymousreply 482January 8, 2023 2:22 AM

BK was very troubled. Another post of his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 8, 2023 2:35 AM

TRUE STORY = I once met a guy at a gay park. He came over to my house and we had sex. He gave me his number and I lied and said I would call him. I knew I would never call him because it was just a hookup. A couple of weeks go by and he knocks on my door. I asked him what he wanted and he said with a blank stare. = "You told me you would call me. You never called". So I gave him some lame excuse and he left. Then he would come to my house and left notes in my mailbox and I finally caught him doing it and threatened him to never come back.. My point is, the crazies are out there. If he came back to my house and chopped me up, other than DNA, no one would ever know how we knew each other. In fact someone would probably think he just "randomly" chose me..We cannot assume Bryan is a stalker or had never been invited over. Pornhub is filled with mmf videos too. We just don't know.

by Anonymousreply 484January 8, 2023 2:36 AM

[quote] He walked past Dylan's door twice, why did he bypass her?

She had an erection.

by Anonymousreply 485January 8, 2023 2:36 AM

Idaho’s investigation may not fly with a jury in Los Angeles, but it may fly with a jury in Idaho, no matter how messy it is.

by Anonymousreply 486January 8, 2023 2:38 AM

R412 And some have postulated that Murphy was scratching at the door and that’s what Dylan heard when she assumed Kaylee was playing with the dog. It’s just grim.

by Anonymousreply 487January 8, 2023 2:45 AM

Dylan is going to need to change her name and have tons of security the rest of her life. The true crime crazies will probably never leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 488January 8, 2023 2:49 AM

Watching Nancy Grace run off at the mouth to any camera that will have her is already getting old.

by Anonymousreply 489January 8, 2023 2:53 AM

What shows is Nancy Grace’s pig face showing up on?

by Anonymousreply 490January 8, 2023 2:56 AM

R490 = Inside Edition. Look at her house. Looks like a Granny House. Cheap old furniture. And her trashy trinket jewelry. Her big mouth never shuts up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491January 8, 2023 3:01 AM

The PCA states that Dylan heard “crying” coming from Xana’s room, and at first I thought that meant she heard Xana weeping, but just realized it could also mean “crying out” as in a surprised yell or scream. Also, the PCA does not specify if it was a male or female voice that she heard “crying,” so it could have been Ethan or maybe even the killer yelling, as heard in the alleged Ring audio linked earlier.

by Anonymousreply 492January 8, 2023 3:02 AM

[quote] Yes I think he is guilty but the CourtTv experts are already saying there is plenty of room for the defense.

That's been my impression as well. Maybe the state has the evidence but still I haven't seen anything that persuades me.

by Anonymousreply 493January 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Xana ------>>after the SECOND TIME that night the cops show up------------"oh, I'm soooo sorry".........Not giving a damn about neighbors. She should be thankful I wasn't her neighbor. She would have been "soooo sorry" about her tires after they didn't have any air left in them when she got up the next morning. This party house sounded like a nightmare for everyone on the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 8, 2023 3:12 AM

Why in the hell would those people leak their Ring video? Who even does that? "Yay murder is exciting let me leak important evidence to a bunch of 4chan chuds so I can be popular yaaaay!!!"

by Anonymousreply 495January 8, 2023 3:32 AM

[quote]I am struggling with that audio. Is it real? It is horrifying if real. It sounds like Xana getting her food from the driver first, maybe? Then the attack begins almost immediately? How did this leak already if LEO have managed to not leak so many other pieces of this case?

Some security camera systems have sharing options and a remote user (someone not in the video canvassing area) may have recorded and saved the footage, unbeknownst to L.E.

by Anonymousreply 496January 8, 2023 3:38 AM

If the audio is real, it's probably Xana chatting with Ethan in their room while she's scrolling TikTok.

The timing of the whole thing doesn't really make sense, unless someone cut out "empty" parts of the audio before posting it.

by Anonymousreply 497January 8, 2023 3:47 AM

Looks like a stalker emerges at r460. I don't believe I posted 'on and on' about a Ring. And I don't believe I've posted more than a few dozen comments about anything on DL in a week. But you can fuck right off son.

by Anonymousreply 498January 8, 2023 3:52 AM

No one is a "stalker" just because they read your other posts, r498.

You are one of the Meghan Markle hater trolls. You either gotta own it or you gotta cough up an extra two bucks a month for a second paid account so you can hide your trolling better.

by Anonymousreply 499January 8, 2023 3:56 AM

R497 Assuming the camera is sound activated and shuts off during durations of silence, then nothing would have to be edited out.

by Anonymousreply 500January 8, 2023 3:59 AM

Regardless of the ins and outs of the security camera technology, as long as you get to hear an actual human being or two get brutally murdered, that's what really matters here, right?

by Anonymousreply 501January 8, 2023 4:02 AM

[quote] The PCA states

PCA?

by Anonymousreply 502January 8, 2023 4:24 AM

R502 PCA = Probable Cause Affidavit

by Anonymousreply 503January 8, 2023 4:27 AM

I don't need to own up to anything, r499. I post what I what, when I want, I've been a paying poster here many years. If you don't like what I or others post, scroll right on by.

And 'trolling' is using ignore functions to lookup posting histories, then come into totally unrelated threads and waste bandwidth to call out paying posters for other discussions. As if anyone here other than you cares, spare us. We used to also call it threadjacking, and it's the specialty of assholes. Like I said earlier, fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 504January 8, 2023 4:39 AM

[quote]r447 That Goncalves father is getting a bit tiresome. It may be a coping mechanism but he should lay off TV appearances.

Everyone wants their 10 minutes of fame.

by Anonymousreply 505January 8, 2023 5:03 AM

R501, and yet here you are, reading all about too. Judge much? It’s not like we all begged to hear a recording of them being killed, no one could have predicted the existence of this audio.

I still don’t understand why the time stamp on the audio doesn’t match the other timing we’ve read as the “murder window”. Any thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 506January 8, 2023 5:05 AM

WTF is going on with Nancy Grace’s fireplace in the r491 video??

Is that the entry to… a crawl space? It looks so weird.

by Anonymousreply 507January 8, 2023 5:18 AM

Which family member will be the first to write a book?

by Anonymousreply 508January 8, 2023 5:23 AM

R506 What you’re seeing is the real-time playback on the app used to share the audio on Tik-Tok, not the time that the surveillance camera actually recorded it.

by Anonymousreply 509January 8, 2023 5:34 AM

R508 I’m channeling grandma Ruth from heaven

by Anonymousreply 510January 8, 2023 5:39 AM

R508 = Probably the Attention Whoor Dad who is in front of every camera. Look up Goncalves Interview....This guy hasn't missed a channel. CNN. FOX..GMA....News Nation....Daddy is ready for his closeup...."I wanted Bryan to look me in the eye"...whah whah.....And this is just the FIRST WEEK of the arrest.!!...Book Imminent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511January 8, 2023 5:48 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 8, 2023 6:20 AM

These victims received the highest honor a GenZ could achieve = Internet Fame (with marginal talent). And to think a simple turn of a lock could have robbed them of such prestige!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513January 8, 2023 8:38 AM

Fail r513. Innocent kids getting stabbed to death just isn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 514January 8, 2023 8:48 AM

Anyone know what specifically she ordered from Jack in the Box? It might be important.

by Anonymousreply 515January 8, 2023 9:31 AM

R514. Yes. It isn't the least bit humiliating knowing you could have saved your life if you locked your door or NOT let strangers party in your house when you weren't even home. VIDEO ---->>21 MINUTE MARK.....Strangers in the house. Also in the beginning of the video they REFUSE to come to the door for cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516January 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Great point, R467. I remember reading about him in "Helter Skelter". Chilling and scary especially the door knob thing. Don't know what I'd do, but I do know I'd be frightened as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 517January 8, 2023 10:48 AM

R516 This morning I watched a CNN report where the reporter was making a big deal about how out of the way and hard to find the house is, but it looks like plenty of kids had no trouble getting there on a regular basis.

I haven't been following this story that closely -- did the victims all actually live there, or were they passed out there after a party?

by Anonymousreply 518January 8, 2023 11:04 AM

Isn’t it possible that Dylan is the real killer?

by Anonymousreply 519January 8, 2023 12:22 PM

Yes R519, they stole her cheap hair bleach. Huge motive.

by Anonymousreply 520January 8, 2023 12:34 PM

Unless she is some highly-skilled, exceptionally strong woman, it is extremely unlikely a girl could stab four people, one of them a male (who, if the leaked audio is real, put up a fight) to death. Shooting, yes. Easily. But stabbing takes a LOT of strength and stamina.

by Anonymousreply 521January 8, 2023 1:04 PM

R389 I guarantee both defense and prosecution will thoroughly analyze this audio before the trial to ensure it is valid (or not). To my ears, it sounds real mostly because of the varying volume and timing of voices and because of the dog barking. It would take a pretty high-level audio engineer to splice in a perfectly modulated cut of a barking dog at just the right time.

So having said that and assuming this is real, what a deeply horrifying event. These poor kids. Yes, they were noisy and probably annoying but they didn’t deserve this.

by Anonymousreply 522January 8, 2023 3:27 PM

R518 I’m not r516 but all the women lived there. I believe Kaylee was visiting for the weekend as a former roommate and Ethan was staying with his girlfriend Xana.

by Anonymousreply 523January 8, 2023 3:30 PM

R467, the difference is, Dylan was awake, right in the next room and saw him and heard it. It wasn’t a guest house off the property.

by Anonymousreply 524January 8, 2023 3:48 PM

Dylan was an accomplice. It’s the only explanation.

by Anonymousreply 525January 8, 2023 3:59 PM

NPO at r522: is that audio playback in real time? or is it just highlights/pieces of the original audio clip put together for posting. The clip uploaded to TikTok that we've been listening to is only a minute 10 secs long. Surely the entire incident in the house took much longer than that.

by Anonymousreply 526January 8, 2023 4:13 PM

Was BK in some sort of dissociative state when he did this? (Not that I’m suggesting a defense.)

He made so many mistakes and seems like he didn’t even see Dylan. Surely he would have killed her too if he had realized she was there.

Maybe she had been downstairs every other night he surveilled the house, so he assumed she was downstairs that night too.

He seems to have made so many serious errors in judgment. Maybe this was just one more.

by Anonymousreply 527January 8, 2023 4:18 PM

BK seems to have a source of rage that goes beyond “pretty girls won’t fuck me” or even “I was the bullied fat kid.”

His parents are only slightly older than me. They had three kids yet neither seems to have a good job. That might have been workable in previous generations, but suggests a serious lack of judgment for GenXers.

They seem on paper like blue collar underachievers. If you are BK and you think you are the smartest guy in the room, you might be very bitter being born into these circumstances.

That’s before we even get to issues of possibly bad parenting. And they might have been the most loving parents in the world— we don’t know yet. But on paper they don’t look like super conscientious types.

by Anonymousreply 528January 8, 2023 4:44 PM

R527, He might have seen her but been exhausted and panicky, wanting to escape, because of the scream, Ethan yelling, dog barking, close-by neighbors. I can't imagine he'd be calm and all that rational right after what he'd done.

Well, I mean, he wasn't rational at any point, but he'd be especially frantic then. He took off and left skid marks, so he was in a desperate hurry.

by Anonymousreply 529January 8, 2023 4:44 PM

How old are his parents, R528? In the video of the police pulling the car over, the dad looked elderly, like around 70 or so.

by Anonymousreply 530January 8, 2023 4:46 PM

How does a Ring camera catch audio from inside the house next-door?

by Anonymousreply 531January 8, 2023 4:47 PM

R528 I remember a report somewhere and they were talking to BK's mother's sister or something - and she said BK's father was a very difficult person that she didn't like to be around. Always causing arguments and discord when involved with the extended family. (this is the back teeth guy - can't have been all that "normal")

by Anonymousreply 532January 8, 2023 4:48 PM

How did BK know which rooms to target? Previous spying?

Agree he had to have been targeting at least one person in each room. Because Ethan and Kaylee were visiting, logically we’d assume he was targeting Maddie and Xana. InsideLooking on Reddit also said this.

Dylan got home earlier and went to sleep. So, lights off before BK arrived. He wouldn’t have known she was there, necessarily.

Imagine she had stayed up for a while with lights on or arrived home in the middle of the murders.

I don’t know how you’d ever get over this if you were Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 533January 8, 2023 4:50 PM

Fair questions r531, esp when 50 feet away and with the windows shut (mid-November).

Perhaps it was mild out and the windows were slightly open? That's the only way I can tell these audio snippets would be caught by the camera next door.

by Anonymousreply 534January 8, 2023 4:52 PM

I have a theory on the Ring audio.

IF that Poppa Rodgers account was indeed him (I’m leaning toward it being real) then in those posts, he “speculated” that the killer went in through the sliding door and left it wide open for a quick escape.

If that is true, that would explain the Ring audio. The only thing I can’t figure out yet is DoorDash. How would he know that was a delivery and not another guest who was staying? So how did he know it was safe to go inside? Did he attack Ethan while Xana was getting her food from the front door?

by Anonymousreply 535January 8, 2023 4:57 PM

R535, good questions. It was a terrible night for him to commit the murders. “Extra” people in the house, the dog, the Door Dash, neighborhood full of partiers milling around due to home football game, etc

He must have been very worked up to go ahead with it even though the conditions were so bad.

I wonder what set him off?

Doesn’t seem especially spur of the moment (gear, turned off phone) but also seems like something pushed him to go forward even though conditions were bad.

Maybe he found an unlocked door for the first time? Maybe he had been spying earlier in the day and something set him off? Meth binge?

by Anonymousreply 536January 8, 2023 5:06 PM

From what I have read on social media, the day of the month or month/date was of some significance to Kohberger, so he was intent on going through with his plans regardless of the conditions.

by Anonymousreply 537January 8, 2023 5:10 PM

R528 here. BK’s dad is actually 67, mom is 62. I thought they were late 50s.

So dad was almost 40 when BK was born. Old sperm. Is BK austistic?

by Anonymousreply 538January 8, 2023 5:16 PM

R507 Reminds me of an old comic by John Stanley, called Oona Goosepimple. She had a fireplace that led to a supernatural world. Spin off of Nancy comics. Ha! 'Nancy' Grace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539January 8, 2023 5:23 PM

Why is Nancy Grace having a revival of popularity? I thought she was gone.

by Anonymousreply 540January 8, 2023 5:26 PM

Did he know these people, as in they’ve had conversations before? Like would they have recognized him? He was wearing a mask obviously, but still.

by Anonymousreply 541January 8, 2023 5:27 PM

R538 you do know that sperm is created daily and that a full regeneration cycle takes roughly 64 days, don’t you?

It’s not like his pops had sperm from the 1980’s stored up and ready to go. A penis is not a Pez dispenser.

by Anonymousreply 542January 8, 2023 5:28 PM

R542 Many scientific studies have found that older male sperm carries a higher risk of babies born with genetic problems. The quality of older male sperm degrades regardless of being produced anew daily.

by Anonymousreply 543January 8, 2023 5:31 PM

Study shows that genetic quality of sperm deteriorates as men age

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544January 8, 2023 5:31 PM

How did he know which rooms to target? Look at the name he used: “inside looking”.

by Anonymousreply 545January 8, 2023 6:03 PM

I do think the ring audio is fake, the rodgers account was also allegedly active after Bryan's arrest, as was InsideLooking. The tapatalk posts are definitely real and they are very very revealing. He gives an extensive and detailed account of his mental health problems.

by Anonymousreply 546January 8, 2023 6:38 PM

Read BK’s statements. He knew he was mentally ill a decade ago. He was dissociating.

Police say that the entire crime happened in just a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 547January 8, 2023 6:41 PM

[quote] the rodgers account was also allegedly active after Bryan's arrest, as was InsideLooking

Wrong. Both went dead the day before he was caught. LE confirmed he was posting online about the case.

by Anonymousreply 548January 8, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote] Why is Nancy Grace having a revival of popularity? I thought she was gone.

She has a show with Fox News’ streaming service. She’s hardly popular. She has a handful of viewers. Her glory days are over. She had a following thanks to people getting her show free back in the day. Now they have to pay.

by Anonymousreply 549January 8, 2023 6:44 PM

[quote] So dad was almost 40 when BK was born. Old sperm. Is BK austistic?

39 is hardly old sperm. Autistic sperm is sperm from a 60-75 year old.

by Anonymousreply 550January 8, 2023 6:45 PM

I think 40 can be tardy -Killa goo

by Anonymousreply 551January 8, 2023 6:50 PM

R550, look around at all the cases of autism out there. Why are there so many more cases than in previous generations? Because men and women are having kids later. Being 39 doesn't guarantee worse sperm, but chances of autism increase when the father is 39 compared to 26.

by Anonymousreply 552January 8, 2023 6:51 PM

A video about BK’s 2011 posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 8, 2023 6:54 PM

He crazy.

by Anonymousreply 554January 8, 2023 6:55 PM

R553 Is that Prince Charles?

by Anonymousreply 555January 8, 2023 6:58 PM

Not anymore, no, not anymore

by Anonymousreply 556January 8, 2023 7:00 PM

"Dylan was an accomplice. It’s the only explanation."

BK would never have had a female accomplice, no Incel-ish male ever would! They hate and distrust women, and even if they could work up the nerve to talk to a moderately attractive woman, they'd never confide their murder plans to her.

I don't believe BK had an accomplice. First, because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and he'd believe an accomplice would only screw up his master plans, and second, because BK is an idiot when it comes to real life, an accomplice would have to have enough common sense to say "Not tonight, not NOW, for fuck's sake they're still awake and getting Doordash!".

by Anonymousreply 557January 8, 2023 7:00 PM

If he was just seeking to find out what it felt like to murder someone, it's kind of strange that he went on to repeat the experience three more times.

by Anonymousreply 558January 8, 2023 7:09 PM

"[R550], look around at all the cases of autism out there. Why are there so many more cases than in previous generations?"

Partly older parents, partly new diagnostic criteria, partly a switch from underdiagnosis to overdiagnosis. Millions of people would rather believe their disappointing or useless kid is "on the spectrum" and maybe has special abilities, than believe their kid is spoiled, not too bright, or just plain worthless.

Plus, they can blame tylenol or vaccines for their kid being worthless, as long as they can believe that autism is the problem!

by Anonymousreply 559January 8, 2023 7:11 PM

OK, stop criticizing old sperm. It's offending some 40-plus posters who are saving up to buy a donor egg, mix their sperm with it, and rent a womb.

by Anonymousreply 560January 8, 2023 7:33 PM

Those tapatalk posts might just save BK's life now by helping his legal team build an insanity case. He talks about being unable to connect with people and lacking emotions. In one of the posts, he mentions that he's going to talk to a psychologist. I think that they destroy records after 7 years, so there's probably no documentation there. I wonder if he saw counselors later; maybe he's taking an anti-depressant now.

by Anonymousreply 561January 8, 2023 7:34 PM

[quote]I think the gal not calling 911 is the William Garretson syndrome.

R467 I never heard of him before. It sounds like both he and DM experienced the “freeze” response, and like you said about him, I think she felt safer locked in her bedroom and wishing it away instead of calling for help because that would make it REAL. Not alerting anyone until noon may have to do with that being the usual time people get up after a night of partying, but if she did wake early, she could have been waiting for everyone else to get up. Or she left the room to pee and saw the carnage, because 8 hours is a long time to hold one’s bladder.

by Anonymousreply 562January 8, 2023 7:43 PM

Someone on one of the earlier threads said that Idaho has no insanity defense. And even if it's legally possible, many states have a very strict standard for what counts as legally insane during the commission of a murder, and typically nobody can be called "Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity" unless they were ravingly delusional at the time of the murders, like they believed their victims were demons from hell and they thought they were killing in self-defense at the time.

Having a personality disorder or an autism spectrum diagnosis isn't enough to get a person sent to a mental hospital instead of a jail for four murders, especially if the crime was so premeditated he'd been stalking the victims for months. Maybe it'd be enough to get him off the hook for the death penalty, or it might in a state other than Idaho. In Idaho, it'd be more like the jury comes back from deliberation and they've decided that the foreman is going to blow this motherfucker away with his totally legal gun, because Idaho is an 'open carry' state.

by Anonymousreply 563January 8, 2023 7:49 PM

R540- They said that about measles and herpes, too. Yet, here we are.

by Anonymousreply 564January 8, 2023 8:35 PM

R563 taking that angle could be the difference between death and a life sentence maybe?

by Anonymousreply 565January 8, 2023 8:39 PM

[quote]From what I have read on social media, the day of the month or month/date was of some significance to Kohberger, so he was intent on going through with his plans regardless of the conditions.

Which gives credence to the idea that those previous "13th" of the month killings were also the work of BK. He was trying to build his profile as the "Unlucky Thirteen Killer".

by Anonymousreply 566January 8, 2023 8:47 PM

[quote]From what I have read on social media,

Ah, yes, social media. A place where anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject without any evidence or repercussions, so you know you are getting the best possible information.

by Anonymousreply 567January 8, 2023 9:01 PM

Do you guys think he has any fans yet? He lacks the good looks of even the Night Stalker, he's so creepy and pale and yet, somewhere, some fat chick is probably crushing on him. Also, Dylan is the best looking out of all the girls, too bad she's going to be a total basket case now.

by Anonymousreply 568January 8, 2023 9:04 PM

[quote]Those tapatalk posts might just save BK's life now by helping his legal team build an insanity case. He talks about being unable to connect with people and lacking emotions.

So you think being an antisocial asshole is equivalent to him not being aware that what he was doing was wrong at the time?

His fleeing, disposing of the murder weapon and hiding contradicts that.

by Anonymousreply 569January 8, 2023 9:04 PM

R521: "Unless she is some highly-skilled, exceptionally strong woman, it is extremely unlikely a girl could stab four people, one of them a male (who, if the leaked audio is real, put up a fight) to death. Shooting, yes. Easily. But stabbing takes a LOT of strength and stamina."

It doesn't surprise me that so many young idiots think this crime could have been committed by a woman. All they do is play video games and watch action movies, both of which give the false, and dangerous, message that "women are just as strong as men!"

by Anonymousreply 570January 8, 2023 9:09 PM

R567 = cunt

by Anonymousreply 571January 8, 2023 9:09 PM

He was arrogant and didn't think he'd get caught.

Now the police have his computer and cell phone. They can prove if he was on websites posting about the murders.

I wonder what they found in his apartment.

by Anonymousreply 572January 8, 2023 9:47 PM

Agree, R570. And this despite MANY experienced people going on record about how draining it is to stab one, let alone multiple people, to death.

by Anonymousreply 573January 8, 2023 9:50 PM

[quote]If he was just seeking to find out what it felt like to murder someone, it's kind of strange that he went on to repeat the experience three more times.

There's speculation he may have killed before. In Pennsylvania or a surrounding area.

by Anonymousreply 574January 8, 2023 9:54 PM

So the Doordash came at 4:00am, and the empty bag was seen in the kitchen. I wonder how she hoovered it down so fast while the 2 murders on the third floor were taking place? Something doesn't add up.

by Anonymousreply 575January 8, 2023 9:55 PM

I think that was an older bag, R575.

by Anonymousreply 576January 8, 2023 9:56 PM

This was not random. Look at these chicks. Not exactly virgin poster girls. Who knows if one of them picked up Nutty and brought him home then never called him back. And I have been with enough MF couples to know some straight couples like another guy in the bedroom. I just do not believe he was a peeping tom who picked this place out of the blue.

by Anonymousreply 577January 8, 2023 9:59 PM

R550 link?

by Anonymousreply 578January 8, 2023 10:00 PM

According to the Reddit I was reading, the theory is that she got the doordash at 4 and took it back to her room. BK broke in at 4:04 and went to the third floor and killed K and M. X was active on TikTok and may have had earbuds in while eating the food. Then she took the empty bag to the kitchen and encountered BK coming down the stairs as she was returning to her room where he murdered her and E.

by Anonymousreply 579January 8, 2023 10:01 PM

R577 bringing it back to victim shaming.

by Anonymousreply 580January 8, 2023 10:03 PM

From the PCA:

[quote]At approximately 4:17 a.m., a security camera located at I 112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1122 King Road, picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m. The security camera is less than fifty feet from the west wall of Kernodle’s bedroom.

LESS than 50 feet the PCA says, so the camera could be closer, and — yes, some microphones can pick up what’s going on inside a neighbor’s house, especially if the acoustics of the surrounding area are amplified by a surrounding hilly area (similar to an outdoor amphitheater.) That explains why the party house was unbearably loud for neighbors, and it would not surprise me if the students were unaware of how just how far the noise carried.

Also, some surveillance cameras come with both motion and sound sensors, so any loud noise like a car door slamming can trigger them, while the action is too far away for the motion sensors to pick up. It’s a great way to snoop on neighbors, record incidents of noise violations, dogs barking for hours on end, and domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 581January 8, 2023 10:08 PM

The empty Doordash bag can be seen in the kitchen. There's no evidence that it was an older bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582January 8, 2023 10:08 PM

She must have wolfed that junkfood down rather quickly. But then again, kids that age… 🤷🏼‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 583January 8, 2023 10:14 PM

R526 I’m no expert but I believe someone above (or on Reddit?) thought that Ring/CCTV audio might drop out when audio isn’t picked up and therefore it may seem compressed. And it may have only picked up the final two murders. I find it kind of hard to follow.

by Anonymousreply 584January 8, 2023 10:14 PM

Why is there soil from the plant spilled on the counter in R582's pic? Did the police do that or were these kids just slobs?

by Anonymousreply 585January 8, 2023 10:17 PM

[quote]Why is there soil from the plant spilled on the counter in [R582]'s pic? Did the police do that or were these kids just slobs?

slobs

by Anonymousreply 586January 8, 2023 10:19 PM

They were college kids. They don’t clean.

It’s anathema to them.

by Anonymousreply 587January 8, 2023 10:21 PM

So they just leave a pile of soil sitting on the kitchen counter?

by Anonymousreply 588January 8, 2023 10:22 PM

I think one of the girls on the third floor was the primary target, either Maddie or Kaylee. After they were killed, he was heading down and may have unexpectedly encountered Xana, who was either returning from the kitchen or maybe the bathroom and he decided he had to kill her since she was a witness. Her body was found on the floor, meaning she was not in bed and was standing when she encountered him and he started stabbing.

by Anonymousreply 589January 8, 2023 10:23 PM

[quote]From what I have read on social media, the day of the month or month/date was of some significance to Kohberger, so he was intent on going through with his plans regardless of the conditions.

"What I have read on social media" means "some numerology grifter."

[quote]Which gives credence to the idea that those previous "13th" of the month killings were also the work of BK.

People, he lived in PA when those other murders in the Northwest were committed.

by Anonymousreply 590January 8, 2023 10:30 PM

hE cOuLd HaVe wALkED oVeR!!

by Anonymousreply 591January 8, 2023 10:32 PM

[quote]It doesn't surprise me that so many young idiots think this crime could have been committed by a woman. All they do is play video games and watch action movies, both of which give the false, and dangerous, message that "women are just as strong as men!"

Thanks for the insight, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 592January 8, 2023 10:32 PM

Some Redditors suspect that Kaylee may have been the intended victim, and she had already moved out of the house... but came back for a spur-of-the-moment visit to show off her new car to her former roommates. She had posted about it on social media, and he may have seen and thought this was the only chance he may get to kill her while she's staying at the house. So he decided to go ahead, even though the conditions were really poor that night.

by Anonymousreply 593January 8, 2023 10:36 PM

The audio isn't from the murders at 1122 King Road, by the way.

It's audio that some (rather incoherent) lady on TikTok posted to show that Ring cameras can indeed pick up noises inside other houses, and that was audio she picked up from a neighbor's house during a domestic incident.

Seems like everywhere else (Reddit, WS, Facebook) already cleared this up hours ago.

Apparently can't link to TikTok so here's a Reddit post, it's also incoherent, but it's got all the info you need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594January 8, 2023 10:47 PM

The theory at r593 doesn’t make any sense. If he wanted to kill her why did it have to be at that house. If she had moved out who knows who moved in to replace her. It could’ve been a 6’2” muscle dude. Or a burly football player or a black belt or something. Why risk going there to kill her knowing there had to be others there if her intent was to show off her car? It would make more sense if he followed her FROM there, pretended to be a cop and pulled her over and killed her on the side of the road if she was, indeed, the intended target.

by Anonymousreply 595January 8, 2023 10:59 PM

Another thing about information in the PCA: there are redactions of details that might be too sensitive and could jeopardize the case, and there are generalities and vagueness, for example, the camera was “less than 50 feet” away from the bedroom, but people on social media are quoting it as “50 feet away.” Also, how to we know if everything that DM saw or heard is included in the PCA if L.E. is releasing the least amount of info required to prove probable cause?

by Anonymousreply 596January 8, 2023 11:06 PM

[quote]r540 Why is Nancy Grace having a revival of popularity? I thought she was gone.

Nan is entertainment gold! The ultimate Karen. She’s a shrill peroxided shrew who doesn’t let anyone get the last word. She is VOLTAGE. A tank on speed.

What’s not to like??

by Anonymousreply 597January 8, 2023 11:09 PM

Bryan could have dated tot mom.

by Anonymousreply 598January 8, 2023 11:17 PM

The conditions were poor all around: Kaylee was visiting unexpectedly, Xana's boyfriend was staying over, the dog was there, Dylan was sleeping in a different room on the 2nd floor instead of her usual room on the 1st, the Doordash was delivered just minutes before... Yet he still went ahead with the murders anyway. Something must have triggered him that day to do it.

by Anonymousreply 599January 8, 2023 11:17 PM

[quote]r425 Why does he only have a public defender? Is that usual in such a high-profile case? Even if the family's too poor, wouldn't there be some vulture willing to waive their fee in exchange for the national exposure?

National exposure as a loser? Attorneys want cases they can win. A track record of success gets them future clients.

by Anonymousreply 600January 8, 2023 11:25 PM

[quote]R523 I believe Kaylee was visiting for the weekend as a former roommate

Bummer for her.

[italic] “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

by Anonymousreply 601January 8, 2023 11:27 PM

Isn’t the public defender a temp for now, until a celebrity lawyer/attention whore takes on the case? Like that Jose guy who defends baby-killers.

by Anonymousreply 602January 8, 2023 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!