Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Male Herschel Walker staffer says Matt Schlapp grabbed his crotch, sexually harassed him

DL had the tea on the ultra-conservative, married to a woman Miss Schlapp years ago. So did Kathy Griffin, who must be LOVING this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 10, 2023 11:48 AM

Article is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2023 12:33 AM

Toe TAPPERz 4 life

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2023 12:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2023 12:35 AM

Pictured: smelling the entire Oreo factory

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2023 12:37 AM

Could someone copy the text? I need the gory details on Missy Schlapp!

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2023 12:40 AM

R4, that pic screams "Guuuuuuurrrllll"

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2023 12:40 AM

Schlapp her, Wilona!

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2023 12:41 AM

Yep, DL knew

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2023 12:43 AM

Schlapp the Schlong Schlapper!

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2023 12:43 AM

What the actual fuck is wrong with these mother fuckers? They want all things gay eliminated but want to grope poor straight guys and abuse the position they are in?? These are the real fucking monsters.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2023 12:46 AM

Schlapp and his wife even have five daughters.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2023 12:47 AM

R1 and R5 here's a link to the article, not paywalled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2023 12:47 AM

A staffer for Herschel Walker’s Senate campaign has alleged to The Daily Beast that longtime Republican activist Matt Schlapp made “sustained and unwanted and unsolicited” sexual contact with him while the staffer was driving Schlapp back from an Atlanta bar this October.

The staffer said the incident occurred the night of Oct. 19, when Schlapp, chair of the American Conservative Union and lead organizer for the influential Conservative Political Action Conference, “groped” and “fondled” his crotch in his car against his will after buying him drinks at two different bars.

The staffer described Schlapp, who had traveled to Georgia for a Walker campaign event, as inappropriately and repeatedly intruding into his personal space at the bars. He said he was also keenly aware of his “power dynamic” with Schlapp, widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in national conservative politics.

Schlapp, the staffer recalled, said he had wanted to spend the evening discussing the staffer’s professional future.

“It was a public space, and I was thinking that he got the hint. I did not want to embarrass him,” he said. “But it escalated.”

We are withholding the staffer’s name at his request, citing concerns of drawing attention to himself while embarking on his first weeks in a new job in Republican politics. He said he would come forward with his real name if Schlapp denied his claims.

In a statement to The Daily Beast, Schlapp attorney Charlie Spies called the allegations an “attack” and said Schlapp “denies any improper behavior.”

“This appears to be now the twelfth Daily Beast piece with personal attacks on Matt Schlapp and his family. The attack is false and Mr. Schlapp denies any improper behavior. We are evaluating legal options for response,” the statement said.

The staffer, in his late thirties, recalled that while he drove Schlapp back to the hotel, Schlapp put his hand on his leg, then reached over and “fondled” his crotch at length while he was frozen in shock, calling it “scarring” and “humiliating.” When they arrived at the hotel, the staffer said Schlapp invited him to his room. The staffer said he declined and left “as quickly as I could.”

He informed the campaign about the incident the next morning.

When the staffer got home that night, he received a call from Schlapp—shortly after midnight, according to call records the staffer shared with The Daily Beast—to confirm that the staffer would still chauffeur him to an event in Macon the next day. The staffer described the call as “short and perfunctory,” but after confirming he would drive him, the staffer “broke down.” He then recorded a series of tearful video accounts detailing the evening, which he shared with The Daily Beast as well as with two people close to him, including the staffer’s wife.

“What is wrong with me? This is OK to happen?” he said in one of the videos. “I don’t know what I did. It’s very sad that this is OK.”

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2023 12:49 AM

Schlapp denies it so that probably means the staffer will identify himself like the article says. I wonder if we'll get more people coming out to make allegations about Schlapp.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2023 1:00 AM

Strong Marcus Bachmann vibes with this shady trick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2023 1:02 AM

So here's the deal. You try to make sense out of the blithering nonsense of the stupidest, most ridiculous candidate in history while some drunken old queen gropes you.

Welcome to God's Own Party, kid!

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2023 1:11 AM

"then reached over and “fondled” his crotch at length"

At length? Then making a video crying about it? WTF? Yeah, Schlapp is clearly a disgusting closet glory hole enthusiast, but this victim sounds like such a pussy.

When someone touches you without consent, you fucking knock their hand away immediately! I've never understood people who "freeze" or go into shock.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2023 1:13 AM

“I love 💕 me some bulgey hairy guy crotch, what of it?”

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2023 1:14 AM

Fun fact: "schlapp" in German means limp.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2023 1:15 AM

Meh if he was working for Walker he deserves to be treated like a cheap w****.

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2023 1:17 AM

And then he ... he RAPED ME

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2023 1:17 AM

In another video, the staffer narrated the events “in regard to Matthew Schlapp, chairman of CPAC, who approximately two hours ago put his hands on me in a sustained and unsolicited and unwanted manner.”

“Matt Schlapp of the CPAC grabbed my junk and pummeled it at length, and I’m sitting there thinking what the hell is going on, that this person is literally doing this to me,” the staffer said in the video.

“From the bar to the Hilton Garden Inn, he has his hands on me. And I feel so fucking dirty. I feel so fucking dirty,” he said.

“I’m supposed to pick this motherfucker up in the morning and just pretend like nothing happened. This is what I’m dealing with,” the staffer continued. “This is what I got to do.”

The staffer’s communications with the campaign the next day, along with further exchanges with Schlapp, were documented in call logs and text messages, which the staffer shared with The Daily Beast, as described below.

At 7:26 a.m., Schlapp sent a text saying, “I’m in the lobby.” One minute later, the staffer called his supervisor, followed by a call with a senior campaign official. The staffer said the senior official was “immediately horrified” and pulled him off the driving duty, instructing him to tell Schlapp in writing that he’d made him uncomfortable.

Right after that call, the staffer sent Schlapp a text.

“I did want to say I was uncomfortable with what happened last night. The campaign does have a driver who is available to get you to Macon and back to the airport,” he texted, providing the name and phone number of the driver.

“Pls give me a call,” Schlapp replied, followed by, “Thx.” Schlapp then called him three times over the next 20 minutes, according to phone records reviewed by The Daily Beast.

When the staffer did not answer or return the calls, Schlapp sent another text, asking him to look “in your heart” and call back.

“If you could see it in your heart to call me at the end of day. I would appreciate it,” Schlapp texted at 12:12 p.m. “If not I wish you luck on the campaign and hope you keep up the good work.”

The staffer said he never called, and has not had any communication with Schlapp since that text. Schlapp, who has been married to conservative commentator and consultant Mercedes Schlapp since 2002, never asked the staffer what had made him uncomfortable.

In interviews, the staffer was emphatic that throughout the ordeal he felt “nothing but support” from Walker campaign officials, saying he never felt pressure and was given “complete autonomy” over how to move forward. The options included legal and therapeutic support, as well as pressing charges.

But the staffer declined to take legal action at the time, telling The Daily Beast he was concerned that speaking out about Schlapp could carry professional consequences and endanger career advancement. (The staffer had previously accompanied Mercedes Schlapp when she visited Wisconsin during the 2020 election.) He also said he felt that going public at the time would only further aggravate what he described as the “circus of scandals” surrounding Walker’s campaign just weeks out from the election. However, he said he is still weighing his options, especially if Schlapp denies the allegations and does not step down from his post at the ACU.

A senior Walker official, authorized to speak on behalf of the campaign, confirmed the details of the campaign’s involvement as the staffer described it, noting the campaign initiated a meeting between the staffer and legal counsel.

It’s not clear whether Walker himself was made aware of the allegations. He did not reply to a request for comment.

A senior campaign official told The Daily Beast that the campaign had no further contact with Schlapp after the incident and did not believe Schlapp took them up on the private driver. The driver told The Daily Beast he did not recall Schlapp, and could find no record of any passenger with that name in his client logs.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2023 1:20 AM

No, no, Schlapp. I said grab ‘em by the PUSSY!

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2023 1:21 AM

He shoulda schlapped Schlapp!

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2023 1:22 AM

Schlapp—a veteran GOP operative whose decades in the upper echelons of the Republican Party include gigs in Congress and the White House—carries enormous clout in conservative politics. The organization he chairs, the ACU, hosts the annual CPAC events, magnets for die-hard conservative politicians which in recent years have been criticized as an increasingly heated incubator for radicals within the party.

The ACU did not reply to questions for this article.

While Schlapp has personally welcomed the LGBTQ community at the conference, CPAC routinely draws criticism for embracing anti-LGBTQ extremists.

In Feb. 2015, the year Schlapp assumed his ACU leadership, the Log Cabin Republicans—an advocacy group for gay conservatives—complained that CPAC had blocked them as a sponsor for the third straight year. A week later, Schlapp reversed that policy.

“If you are a conservative who is gay, you have a right to be here,” Schlapp said, adding that “doesn’t mean we water down our principles.”

But given the type of guests and rhetoric that enjoy a warm home at CPAC—while the GOP itself increasingly embraces dangerous anti-LGBTQ rhetoric—gay rights advocates have blasted the ACU’s outward efforts at inclusivity as disingenuous and exploitative.

Schlapp, a devout Catholic, has personally taken heat from members of the far right for his acceptance of LGBTQ Republicans, while some conservatives have bluntly denounced Schlapp’s nominal acceptance of the queer community as a betrayal of Christian conservative values.

The criticism flared last year when CPAC hosted an overseas conference in Hungary, whose president, Viktor Orbán, has imposed increasingly oppressive restrictions on LGBTQ citizens. In August, Orbán came to CPAC in Dallas, where he spouted a “hardline stance on gay rights” and received a standing ovation.

Schlapp has also come under fire for his defense of alleged sexual abusers like former President Donald Trump and Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who partied at the Schlapps’ home this December alongside Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), the subject of a federal sex trafficking investigation.

But when it comes to sexual assault allegations against Democrats, Schlapp hasn’t held his fire, repeatedly targeting President Joe Biden for an unsubstantiated accusation from the 1990s.

“With 5 daughters I’d prefer Biden to be several doors down, not next door,” Schlapp tweeted when those claims first surfaced in 2019.

At the time, Schlapp was entertaining a Senate bid himself. A year later, Schlapp had dropped the political ambitions, but not the mudslinging at Biden.

“Thinking back on the Senate of the 1990s: was there a way for a female staffer who was a sexual assault victim to get fair treatment from an institution that was geared toward protecting senators of both parties,” he wrote on Twitter in 2020. “Biden stressing this event was 27 yrs ago is a bad strategy.”

by Anonymousreply 25January 6, 2023 1:22 AM

Whew! Long, ad-filled article.

by Anonymousreply 26January 6, 2023 1:24 AM

I also like to schlapp their cute 🥰 little bare asses

by Anonymousreply 27January 6, 2023 1:24 AM

What kind of a pussy cries and has little video meltdowns about some guy fondling his crotch? I want men to be men again--so I can enjoy one once in awhile!

by Anonymousreply 28January 6, 2023 1:27 AM

^Maddie Cawthorn or Miss Joshua Hawley

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2023 1:29 AM

R17, if you were straight you'd probably feel differently

by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2023 1:32 AM

[quote]When someone touches you without consent, you fucking knock their hand away immediately!

Or you Schlapp, er, slap ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2023 1:41 AM

[quote]he deserves to be treated like a cheap w****.

You know we can say whore here, right?

Fuck, it’s one of our terms of endearment. You ain’t nobody til you’ve been called a FAT WHORE here.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote]Matt Schlapp of the CPAC grabbed my junk and pummeled it at length,

Pummeled it?! Dayum.

[quote] And I feel so fucking dirty. I feel so fucking dirty,”

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2023 1:46 AM

Junk man...junk man...

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2023 1:51 AM

Junk...another one of those words. Say it over and over...

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2023 1:52 AM

Someone I Touched: The Matt Schlapp Story

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2023 2:06 AM

"Touched by a Matt Schlap"?

by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2023 2:11 AM

It can lead to tongue 😛 schlappings

by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2023 2:14 AM

He was just hoping for a little schlapp and tickle.

by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2023 2:23 AM

Take back your mink...

by Anonymousreply 40January 6, 2023 2:26 AM

Gloated when a guy at The Lincoln Project was accused of sexual harassment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 6, 2023 2:28 AM

It’s always projection with them, I swear. The more you see it the more you realize it.

by Anonymousreply 42January 6, 2023 2:33 AM

Meet the Schlapps, Washington Power Couple!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 6, 2023 2:35 AM

His wife is well-known for working against LGB interests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 6, 2023 2:36 AM

I hate all gays, including my husband!!!

by Anonymousreply 45January 6, 2023 2:39 AM

Gawd...all of these people are so...so...rotten

by Anonymousreply 46January 6, 2023 2:40 AM

From r44's article:

Schlapp has made clear her own opposition to marriage equality, writing in U.S. News & World Report in 2012 that President Obama’s declared support for marriage equality was a “political ploy” that “represents the worst in politics.”

“Although his announcement was not a shocking revelation by any means, President Obama’s abrupt decision will lead to many disappointed voters who feel betrayed,” Schlapp wrote. “He will surely re-invigorate conservative and religious voters in key states who continue to feel that President Obama is threatening their religious liberties by imposing his liberal agenda on their churches. From imposing mandates on contraception to now redefining marriage, churches are feeling minimized and frankly persecuted by the administration.”

Weird that she's against gay marriage since she's in one!

by Anonymousreply 47January 6, 2023 2:41 AM

Kathy Griffin in 2019:

[quote]Yeah, she [Michelle Wolf] did the White House Correspondents dinner, which I attended, by the way, and she was hilarious. So that was Matt Schlapp and his beard wife making that bullshit up. Could you imagine fucking Matt Schlapp while he looks at Channing Tatum on a video? No, he’s super straight, he loves vagina. All right, so that’s the crowd Trump runs with, so fuck him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 6, 2023 2:48 AM

Quote from this linked thread:

Will Matt Schlapp EVER come out of the closet? (05/20/2022)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 6, 2023 2:50 AM

Schlapp looks like at least five gay guys I know.

by Anonymousreply 50January 6, 2023 3:23 AM

[quote]The staffer said the incident occurred the night of Oct. 19, when Schlapp, “groped” and “fondled” his crotch in his car against his will after buying him drinks at two different bars.

Were they "piano" bars?

by Anonymousreply 51January 6, 2023 3:48 AM

He looks like the kind of gay who would run a tchotchke shoppe.

by Anonymousreply 52January 6, 2023 3:48 AM

He pinged on Bill Maher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 6, 2023 4:17 AM

I was sodomized.

by Anonymousreply 54January 6, 2023 4:34 AM

He made the mistake of accepting the drinks from the old poof. Any idiot knows if someone buys you drinks they want something for it.

But yes, he should have raised hell about it the very first time, and then every time after that until something was done. Letting it continue and making videos whining about it make him seem as if either wanted it to happen then changed his mind, or was wanting exactly what is happening; going public with the hope of financial compensation. His cries of, "I feel so dirty!" sound overdramatic and a performance. Please!

by Anonymousreply 55January 6, 2023 4:52 AM

"I'm in the lobby ... STHTUD!"

by Anonymousreply 56January 6, 2023 4:54 AM

[quote]He looks like the kind of gay who would run a tchotchke shoppe.

"Have you found a treasure?" — Matt Schlapp

by Anonymousreply 57January 6, 2023 4:56 AM

"Letting it continue and making videos whining about it make him seem as if either wanted it to happen then changed his mind, or was wanting exactly what is happening; going public with the hope of financial compensation."

Nice victim blaming, Mr Schlapp

by Anonymousreply 58January 6, 2023 5:41 AM

If the staffer was driving when this happened, why didn't he just pull over?

by Anonymousreply 59January 6, 2023 6:34 AM

On Dec. 9, 2022 from Politico Playbook. Matt Schlapp throws a Christmas Party.

[quote] SPOTTED at Matt and Mercy Schlapp’s annual Christmas party at their Alexandria home on Friday night: Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and Ginger Gaetz, Sean Spicer, Alex Acosta, Sebastian Gorka, Stephen and Katie Miller, Chad Wolf, Greta Van Susteren and John Coale, Laura Schlapp and Bryan Wells, Brendan Carr, Rep.-elect George Santos (R-N.Y.), Erin and Nick Perrine, Erik Prince, Ziad Ojakli, Peter Davidson, Steve Holland and Ben Terris.

What a frightening group.

by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2023 6:51 AM

George Santos was at that party? That's just perfect.

by Anonymousreply 61January 6, 2023 10:48 AM

WAIT! He’s married to a woman????? Wowwwwwwwww

by Anonymousreply 62January 6, 2023 10:53 AM

He groped me and it felt like a schlapp

by Anonymousreply 63January 6, 2023 10:56 AM

My good friend Matt is every bit the red-blooded heterosexual man that I am!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 6, 2023 11:38 AM

I just can't fathom a grown man just sitting there and allowing some sleaze like Schlapp to fondle him in a prolonged manner. I'm a gold star gay and if that happened to me I slam on the brakes and tell the fucker I'd kill him if he touched me again. There is no job worth putting up with that.

by Anonymousreply 65January 6, 2023 11:55 AM

I happen to know Matt is just as devoted to his wife as I am!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 6, 2023 12:01 PM

R55 and R65 really we are going to victim blame? That’s the route we are going to take here? First of all no one even knows if the victim was gay or not. Secondly if this was a woman and she was being sexually assaulted while driving would we blaming her. Thirdly he has a right to respond however he wants to respond despite his sexual orientation or his political affiliation. For fuck sake have some compassion.

by Anonymousreply 67January 6, 2023 12:05 PM

[quote] Schlapp, a devout Catholic

Another tip-off.

by Anonymousreply 68January 6, 2023 12:07 PM

No one's blaming the victim R67. Did anyone say he caused Schlapp to do what he did? But damn, gay or straight, have some guts if some scumbag puts his filthy hands on you uninvited. It's not like he was a 6 year old kid.

by Anonymousreply 69January 6, 2023 12:12 PM

R66, that's exactly who I thought of when I saw R4's picture.

by Anonymousreply 70January 6, 2023 12:28 PM

For the record, if anyone was going to grab my crotch I'd want it to be Herschel Walker.

In the meantime, anyone have any links to the staffer's videos mentioned above ?

by Anonymousreply 71January 6, 2023 12:59 PM

I would have removed his hand too but there's probably a power imbalance here and this man didn't talk about this until now because he actually, genuinely wanted Herschel Walker to win and thinks that Herschel fucking Walker is a good idea at all as a senator. So he's obviously kind of slow.

by Anonymousreply 72January 6, 2023 1:27 PM

Pro tip: closet cases trying to get into your pants are very rarely men you'd want to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 73January 6, 2023 1:52 PM

I guess he doesn’t want a ride in that Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 74January 6, 2023 1:52 PM

[quote]But yes, he should have raised hell about it the very first time, and then every time after that until something was done.

He did.

It happened and he notified the campaign staff THAT night. WTF? Don’t you even read?

by Anonymousreply 75January 6, 2023 1:56 PM

R67 Article references the victim’s wife, so will assume he is straight.

by Anonymousreply 76January 6, 2023 2:22 PM

Hersschel Walker has responded. "I ain;t got him pregnant did me?"

by Anonymousreply 77January 6, 2023 2:47 PM

Goddamit I hate these closet case fucktards who gain power and prestige by attacking the gay community while thinking they can still get dick whenever they want. Utter scumbags!!!

If they’re going to cower in their closets forever why can’t they just leave the rest of us alone instead of devoting their lives to making gay people’s lives more difficult?

by Anonymousreply 78January 6, 2023 3:00 PM

Marry me r34; you sly dog.

by Anonymousreply 79January 6, 2023 3:04 PM

These guys may as well just announce I'm a self-hating homo since people who are this deranged about it are inevitably proven to be gay themselves - priests, politicians, pastors, and "community leaders" - all of them.

[quote]Goddamit I hate these closet case fucktards who gain power and prestige by attacking the gay community while thinking they can still get dick whenever they want. Utter scumbags!!!

While power and prestige are, of course, benefits, I've always believed it's more about self-loathing and denial with just a touch of "stop me before I kill again" and needing to make it as difficult as possible to indulge in the self-hating behavior.

by Anonymousreply 80January 6, 2023 3:16 PM

The staffer was working for Walker, so he was already a whore.

by Anonymousreply 81January 6, 2023 4:15 PM

R46 They all deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 82January 6, 2023 4:18 PM

R76 Matt Schlapp also has a wife and 5 children to boot... Regardless, whether gay or straight, being sexually assaulted by someone who is extremely unattractive to you is not nice for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 83January 6, 2023 5:42 PM

R60, that sounds like one of Dante's circles of hell

by Anonymousreply 84January 6, 2023 6:02 PM

Love Betty Bowers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 6, 2023 8:00 PM

Campaigned for Herschel Walker with fellow straight dudes Lindsey Graham and Tom Cotton. Things that make you go hmmmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 6, 2023 8:03 PM

The staffer said he would come forward and identify himself if Schlapp denied his claims.

Schlapp did indeed deny his claims to the Daily Beast.

Has the staffer come forward yet to identify himself ?

by Anonymousreply 87January 6, 2023 8:41 PM

The real question here is, did it 'move'?

by Anonymousreply 88January 6, 2023 8:56 PM

He took it out.

by Anonymousreply 89January 6, 2023 8:57 PM

Help me! I've been Schlapp-lap'd!

by Anonymousreply 90January 6, 2023 9:24 PM

I bet you Schlapp began performing oral on him while he was driving.

by Anonymousreply 91January 6, 2023 9:36 PM

Matt Schlapp does have whore mouth.

Did everyone hear the audio of the shamed staffer? Weird that he took Matt to a famous Democratic watering hole. Maybe it was a sting. Miss Lindsey and Tom Cotton could have ended up in the net if not for the guy having to scrub the mission due to Rapey Schlapp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 6, 2023 10:06 PM

The news outlets said they weren’t going to release the guy’s name or image because the staffer was concerned about retaliation. And considering how rabidly vicious the reich-wing is and can be that is probably wise. Nevertheless, they released the audio of his voice. I’ve got to believe that someone knowledgeable in conservative circles is going to listen to that audio, identify this guy, and let his information out.

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2023 12:27 AM

He's identifiable by his irresistible bulge, r93.

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2023 12:32 AM

I bet Schlapp was the pivot man at most of those sex orgies that Madison Cawthorn kept getting invited to.

by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2023 12:51 AM

He was probably schlapping Madison

by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2023 12:56 AM

Anyone have a link to the audio ???

by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2023 1:30 AM

Miss Lindsey was constantly with the Herschel Walker campaign during that period.

What did Miss Lindsey know and when did she know it?

by Anonymousreply 98January 7, 2023 1:45 AM

Herschel Walker: still the dumbest candidate choice that I've seen. It might have worked in Alabama (Tommy Tuberville got elected and is actually a senator).

by Anonymousreply 99January 7, 2023 2:05 AM

The audio is at the link at r92

by Anonymousreply 100January 7, 2023 2:17 AM

Miss Lindsey was probably waiting back at the Hilton Garden Inn, hoping Matt would bring them back a juicy one.

by Anonymousreply 101January 7, 2023 2:20 AM

Do we know what the victim looks like?

by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2023 3:56 AM

I was there, too

by Anonymousreply 103January 7, 2023 5:56 AM

In 2000, Roger Stone organized what became known as the 'Brooks Brothers Riot' which crashed and halted the Miami-Dade voting count. Matt Schlapp was prominent among these rioters. If you look at the video thumb, you'll spot him, just above the 'play' button and to the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2023 7:57 AM

[quote] He took it out.

The funniest scene Seinfeld ever did IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 7, 2023 1:04 PM

The guy has texts to back up his claims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2023 5:41 PM

How sad for him that he was relegated to the Hilton Garden Inn-Airport. Whoever was paying for his visit was clearly not interested in spending much money on him.

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2023 9:38 PM

I was.

If he’d only kept his mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2023 9:40 PM

Did Schlapp want to jerk him off, suck his dick, or both?

by Anonymousreply 109January 8, 2023 10:11 PM

No one grabs my crotch. Their loss.

by Anonymousreply 110January 8, 2023 10:15 PM

I was gonna play it by ear and see where it went.

by Anonymousreply 111January 8, 2023 10:15 PM

R109, he was up for some schlapping

by Anonymousreply 112January 8, 2023 10:25 PM

No DLers have a Schlapp story?!!

by Anonymousreply 113January 8, 2023 11:50 PM

None of us would come within 30 yards of that ugly fuck.

And if we did, we sure wouldn’t admit it here.

by Anonymousreply 114January 8, 2023 11:53 PM

He’s no Lindzebelle. She’s a master of the process.

by Anonymousreply 115January 9, 2023 12:14 AM

Is Lindz a molester?

by Anonymousreply 116January 9, 2023 12:52 AM

Any other GOP turds known to get handsy with guys?

by Anonymousreply 117January 9, 2023 12:55 AM

Is the former congressional staffer around? Surely he/she has heard a Schlapp story or two.

by Anonymousreply 118January 9, 2023 10:39 PM

R118, I want to hear from him, too!

by Anonymousreply 119January 9, 2023 11:27 PM

Matt wanted to give that boy a dick schlapp.

by Anonymousreply 120January 9, 2023 11:34 PM

And...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 10, 2023 12:20 AM

And what, r121?

We been know that.

by Anonymousreply 122January 10, 2023 12:25 AM

There doesn't seem to be anything new about this. The American Conservative Union which Schlapp is chair of are completely standing by him and think this is made up by this staffer. Seems like the staffer has just decided to go quiet instead of coming out fighting.

by Anonymousreply 123January 10, 2023 12:46 AM

The American Conservative Union has no defense. They're blaming "the libs" even though this guy is a Herschel Walker staffer.

by Anonymousreply 124January 10, 2023 12:58 AM

Sorry, r122, I didn't know you been know that.

by Anonymousreply 125January 10, 2023 12:58 AM

Look at the happy, power couple.

Trump raped a 13yo with Epstein, Gaetz made fake/stolen IDs and paid whores to take drugs and has a son that his not his son, Larry Craig sucked dicks in airports, Denny Hastert sucked HS wrestlers, Jim Jordan ignored it, Some other cunt I don't want to Google, sucked the pool boy, none of it matters as long as you vote against the queers and say you love Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior hate Jesus the pool boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 10, 2023 3:03 PM

R125, I’m still getting a chuckle out of your response.

That was funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 127January 10, 2023 3:07 PM

Anderson doing it on CNN with the fabulous Jamie Gangel (sp?) on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 128January 12, 2023 12:36 AM

the wildest thing about this whole story was that herschel walker's campaign was unquestionably supportive of whatever the staffer needed to do in terms of going to the authorities. They handled it like a respectable company would despite being in the midst of a campaign that didn't need any more distraactions.

by Anonymousreply 129January 12, 2023 1:15 AM

I think that was smart play by them. This staffer was obviously very upset and reactive - so taking it seriously and hearing his concerns probably got him to calm down and be generous to the campaign back. It's not as if they would be able to stop an upset person going straight to the media anyway.

by Anonymousreply 130January 12, 2023 1:23 AM

Was the victim’s identity ever publicized? I feel like people have lost interest in this story.

by Anonymousreply 131January 17, 2023 4:23 AM

I hope more guys come forward, I'm sure he did this to others

by Anonymousreply 132January 17, 2023 4:38 AM

There's still nothing new in the media. I wonder if the staffer has been paid off.

by Anonymousreply 133January 17, 2023 4:47 AM

If he had been paid off he wouldn't have come forward in the first place

by Anonymousreply 134January 17, 2023 6:09 PM

I meant after he went to the media, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 135January 17, 2023 8:01 PM

UPDATW: Schlapp's accuser filed a lawsuit today accusing the conservative leader of "aggressively fondling" his "genital area in a sustained fashion" while the two were alone in a car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 17, 2023 8:07 PM

See this has an affect on his credibility, at least to me:

[quote]The former Walker staffer, who filed the lawsuit anonymously,

Especially when he said if Schlapp denied the allegations he’d come forward.

by Anonymousreply 137January 17, 2023 8:24 PM

If he used his name, you'd accuse him of wanting to be famous.

He's probably afraid that right-wing activists will come after him

by Anonymousreply 138January 17, 2023 8:32 PM

A lawsuit, interesting. So Schlapp is probably going to have to pay to make this go away after all. No sympathy from me: he's fairly obviously gay while working against gay rights.

"Timothy Hyland, a lawyer for the accuser, said in a statement that the lawsuit, which asks for at least $9.4 million in damages, had been filed in part because Mr. Schlapp had not apologized for “his despicable actions.”

“Because Mr. Schlapp has refused to own up to his misbehavior,” Mr. Hyland said in a statement, “this suit aims to make Mr. Schlapp, and those who lie for him, accountable for their actions and statements.”

by Anonymousreply 139January 17, 2023 9:11 PM

He is suing not only because Schlapp didn't apologize. He's also suing for defamation by Mrs. Schlapp, according the NYT story.

[quote] The lawsuit argues that Ms. Schlapp defamed the Walker staff member by telling neighbors that he was a “troubled individual” who had been fired from previous jobs for lying and for making false statements on his résumé. The message was shared on a group text with neighbors, the plaintiff said. The lawsuit says that the plaintiff had not been fired from a job for lying or for lying on his résumé.

Mrs. Schlapp was a vocal opponent of gay marriage, especially before the Supreme Court ruling legalizing it in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 140January 17, 2023 9:20 PM

Good!

Go after both cunts.

by Anonymousreply 141January 17, 2023 9:22 PM

So funny that this homophobic cow is attacking the guy who dared to speak out against her GAY husband

by Anonymousreply 142January 17, 2023 9:23 PM

Hope Matt and his wife get bitch schlapped in court!

by Anonymousreply 143January 17, 2023 9:25 PM

[quote] See this has an affect on his credibility

Nah. Being a staffer for the Repukes, he knows that the true believers are insane and would likely seriously harass him — or worse.

by Anonymousreply 144January 17, 2023 9:29 PM

Schlapp will get shunned by Republican officials.

Primary Cable networks, including Fox, will stop having him as a guest commentator.

He may get invited on some fringe podcasts, but basically he’ll be sidelined.

by Anonymousreply 145January 17, 2023 11:09 PM

I agree with R137. He needs to identify himself in order to add any credibility.

I already believe him, but by remaining anonymous it does appear he’s just in it for the money and not truthful about wanting to end this fucker’s ability to harass and abuse others.

Not to mention, remaining anonymous makes me wonder if John Doe isn’t a closet case himself.

by Anonymousreply 146January 18, 2023 4:11 PM

Hoe does remaining anonymous prove he's lying, a lot of sexual abuse victims do maintain their anonymity. Like I said, if he gave interviews under his own name you'd probably accuse him of wanting fame

by Anonymousreply 147January 18, 2023 5:56 PM

I didn’t say his anonymity “proved he is lying,” I just said it makes it seem like he’s in it for the money.

When this story first broke, John Doe was attributed to have said he would reveal himself if Schlapp denied it. He’s not only denied it, but now they’re coming after him. Yet we’re still calling the victim John Doe AND he’s suing for $9mil.

Like I said, I’m already inclined to believe him. I guess I’m just feeling less sympathetic towards him. I’ll save that sympathy for the inevitable next victims of Schlapp’s predatory behavior.

by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2023 7:02 PM

The staffer is remaining anonymous because if he showed his face he'd be clocked as a big ole MARY! by his previous tricks/sugar daddies.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2023 7:07 PM

[quote]R146: He needs to identify himself in order to add any credibility.

So that he can make himself a permanent target for the crazy-assed far right? Mmm-hmm.

[quote]Not to mention, remaining anonymous makes me wonder if John Doe isn’t a closet case himself.

So, your position is that if he's gay, it automatically invalidates his claim to have been sexually harassed?

by Anonymousreply 150January 18, 2023 9:34 PM

Doesn’t matter if the staffer/victim is gay or not. If Schlapp’s sexual aggressiveness was unwanted and he was told that, but continued with the behavior, that’s sexual harassment and assault.

by Anonymousreply 151January 18, 2023 10:21 PM

[quote] R149: The staffer is remaining anonymous because if he showed his face he'd be clocked as a big ole MARY! by his previous tricks/sugar daddies

[quote] R150: So, your position is that if he's gay, it automatically invalidates his claim to have been sexually harassed?

I can understand his desire for anonymity because he probably knows he isn’t going to get any support from the LGBTQ community who probably figured he was slobbering on Herschel Walker’s BBC in between concussive seizures.

As far as R150, I believe R149 stated a position closer to your conclusion than anything I’ve said so far. But thanks for jumping to conclusions.

JFC?!? what is it with you all that you’d rather take someone’s words out of context than to spend one second of critical thought on this poor guy’s tactics?!

Let me say this again: I believe this happened. I believe John Doe got manhandled by Matt Schlapp. So now what?

I’d like to see Schlapp get taken down by this incident. I had hopes of that when Doe said he wanted an apology and if MS or anyone in the organization were to lie about it, JD would publicly come forward.

It sounded to me as if that would reveal MS for the hypocritical, evil, prisspot that he is AND ALSO prevent something like this from happening to someone else.

Instead we now have a $9mil lawsuit and the official anonymity of “John Doe” (insert eye roll here) If this issue loses steam or never moves forward, it will all end up as “didn’t someone once accuse you, Matt, of something that one time?” To which he will reply “Me? No! I’ve never done anything like this before, now hurry up and cum in my face!” Afterwards, MS will be even more evil and threatening towards his next victim in order to keep him quiet.

Does anyone else think this the best way to achieve change? Have these tactics worked so broadly before? Please, PoisonedDragon, tell me why you think this is going so well!

by Anonymousreply 152January 19, 2023 1:09 PM

[quote]R152: Does anyone else think this the best way to achieve change? Have these tactics worked so broadly before? Please, PoisonedDragon, tell me why you think this is going so well!

What was it you were saying about "jumping to conclusions" and taking "someone’s words out of context"? I didn't say anything about the validity of Doe's "tactics"; what I was questioning was your assumption that there could not be any other motive for anonymity than money-grubbing. IMO, that still needs further slapping around. Viciously.

It's reminiscent of Republicans demanding that the names of whistleblowers be entered into the public record so that they can become vulnerable to intimidation and attacks from the right.

For persons who are serial offenders, it's important to establish a chain of reporting, so that the next report can build upon the previous, in terms of establishing a pattern. That's why John Doe's effort is important, and effective in its own way. It still comes across as though you're impugning the victim, and suggesting it would be better that he remain silent. John Doe's efforts are a good start.

by Anonymousreply 153January 19, 2023 1:28 PM

ny times 1/17/23

That evening, after returning to Atlanta, Mr. Schlapp invited the staff member for a drink.

The two men met at the Capital Grille, where they chatted about sports, and then drove to a second bar, Manuel’s Tavern, about 25 minutes away, the lawsuit says. At the second bar, Mr. Schlapp sat “unusually close” to the staff member, according to the lawsuit, which claims that his leg “was in almost constant contact” with the aide’s leg.

Mr. Schlapp encouraged the staff member to have more drinks, which made the staff member uncomfortable, the lawsuit says. The staff member turned away from Mr. Schlapp to watch a baseball game on television in the bar, and Mr. Schlapp asked why the aide would not look at him, according to the lawsuit.

The staff member said they had an early event the next morning, and offered to drive Mr. Schlapp back to the hotel, the lawsuit says.

On the way home, Mr. Schlapp allegedly grabbed the staff member’s leg and crotch inside a car while the staff member drove to Mr. Schlapp’s hotel, according to the lawsuit.

The episode left the plaintiff “frozen with shock, mortification, and fear from what was happening, particularly given Mr. Schlapp’s power and status in conservative political circles,” according to the lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2023 7:15 PM

Fucking creep.

by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2023 9:19 PM

Blithely implausible denial works for me!

by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2023 9:22 PM

Anyone who votes Republican deserves to be raped and worse.

by Anonymousreply 157January 20, 2023 2:34 PM

^ The story should be covered this way by reporters' " Oh well, they're the party of rapists, what do you expect?"

by Anonymousreply 158January 20, 2023 2:35 PM

If you think I'm too harsh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 20, 2023 2:38 PM

What the fuck happened to Jesus, you goddamn hypocrites?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 20, 2023 2:39 PM

[quote]R160: What the fuck happened to Jesus, you goddamn hypocrites?

In Christianity, people can be forgiven of absolutely 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔, which is probably why it attracts the worst people.

by Anonymousreply 161January 20, 2023 4:25 PM

Trump definitely changed things. The Republicans now know that nothing really matters in terms of morality with the base. They don't need to concern themselves with integrity any more. As long as they get their tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 162January 20, 2023 8:04 PM

The Daily Beast has a new article up with some new peripheral information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 24, 2023 12:51 PM

Not this dumpy closet qween but I wish some HOT guy would grab my crotch and sexually harass me.

by Anonymousreply 164January 24, 2023 12:53 PM

It's almost never the hot guys is it though?

by Anonymousreply 165January 24, 2023 12:55 PM

If Schlapp was around Herschel in Georgia, he would also be around Lady Lindzebelle. Why harass the aide/driver when……..?

by Anonymousreply 166January 24, 2023 1:09 PM

no paywall / may work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167January 24, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote]The accuser, a lifelong conservative operative and former mid-level staffer with Walker’s Senate campaign,

No sympathy. You lay with dogs, you get up with fleas.

by Anonymousreply 168January 24, 2023 4:13 PM

From r167

[quote] The fundraiser, Caroline Wren, who has worked for Lindsey Graham, Donald Trump, organizers of the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally, Kari Lake, and Caitlyn Jenner—and who now appears by name in the accuser’s $10 million sexual battery and defamation lawsuit against the Schlapps—likely knew the answer to that question.

Lindsey, Donald, Kari, and Caitlyn? Are they the gold standard in sexual allure?

by Anonymousreply 169January 24, 2023 6:11 PM

Caitlyn is ready to have a baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 24, 2023 6:25 PM

Lindz, Kari, Caitlin - all the worst people

by Anonymousreply 171January 24, 2023 7:03 PM

The driver told The Daily Beast he did not recall Schlapp, and could find no record of any passenger with that name in his client logs.

by Anonymousreply 172January 24, 2023 8:30 PM

Bess Levin is a politics correspondent at Vanity Fair. An essential voice of our current tragicomedy, she is an incisive, hilarious daily narrator of the horrors that never seem to stop. If you need catharsis in these terrifying times—or even if you don’t!—she is a must-read. You can follow her on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 173January 24, 2023 8:34 PM

If Schlapp grabs whatever Caitlyn has between her legs, that will be an epic encounter for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 174January 24, 2023 9:57 PM

Why hasn't this accuser been named yet?

by Anonymousreply 175January 24, 2023 9:59 PM

Wren has named him on her Twitter, but other media are acceding to his request for anonymity.

by Anonymousreply 176January 24, 2023 10:06 PM

I'm just curious, what's the name? Would like to see what he looks like.

by Anonymousreply 177January 25, 2023 12:18 AM

The pic at r167...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 25, 2023 12:27 AM

No wonder the staffer was so traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 179January 25, 2023 12:44 AM

Is this the pummeling victim?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 25, 2023 9:18 AM

Hmm, could be. I can't find any Wren tweets naming the Schlapp accuser (although I didn't look very hard, admittedly).

There is one bitter tweet of hers about Huffman although it doesn't reference the Schlapp case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 25, 2023 9:27 AM

I don't know if this is the guy (picture taken from Huffman's twitter) but it blows my mind that someone can wholeheartedly work for and support Herschel Walker's candidacy while criticizing Madison Cawthorne.

Really?

The cognitive dissonance is huge. It makes me wonder if there is cognitive dissonance about anything else. He was assaulted by an extremely unattractive man to him - no doubt about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182January 25, 2023 9:47 AM

With Tulsi Gabbard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Carlton, a favorite, was a snazzy dresser on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Always deserving of a hug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184January 25, 2023 9:55 AM

With Nancy Mace.. he really likes the sketchy weirdos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185January 25, 2023 9:57 AM

If that him he has gayface for days

by Anonymousreply 186January 25, 2023 12:00 PM

He couldn’t handle Matt Schlapp? Randy Rainbow could have floored Matt.

This story is missing some things.

by Anonymousreply 187January 25, 2023 2:00 PM

Yes, definitely missing some things.

by Anonymousreply 188January 25, 2023 8:36 PM

He's *special*, r187...

[quote]The staffer’s wife said that while she was furious with Matt Schlapp—“it makes me want to punch him”—she understands why her husband chose to wait to move forward.

[quote]“There was never a point where he said I’m not pursuing this. It was more like it wasn’t the right time, and he wasn’t ready to face it yet, and on top of that there was everything the campaign was facing,” she said.

[quote]“He really believed in what he was doing, really believed in the campaign and didn’t want anything he was going through to affect it. It kind of made me mad, honestly, that he put his job before himself, but that’s who he is. He works for people he believes in and puts 100 percent into his job,” she said.

[quote]And even though the couple is proceeding with their divorce, she said she will continue to stand by him.

by Anonymousreply 189January 25, 2023 9:19 PM

[quote]It was more like it wasn’t the right time,

Translated: I couldn’t reveal the fact that he made me feel ‘so dirty, so dirty’ because that might affect Walker’s campaign. As such, I waited until he lost the election to be oh so offended and ‘dirty.’ So pay me.

by Anonymousreply 190January 25, 2023 9:25 PM

Yes, r190...*special*.

by Anonymousreply 191January 25, 2023 9:28 PM

I had the impression the driver/aide/victim was an early 20+ y.o.-something, twinkish guy just gettting his start working on a campaign.

Conrad was married, had worked around several high profile campaigns, knows the politicians involved, and physically shows thining hair, prominent crows feet, and very basic suits/attire. Yet, he was unable to say at the time to Schlapp “no, hands off me now, don’t try that again! Got it?”

by Anonymousreply 192January 25, 2023 9:53 PM

Yeah, let's pick on the victim and not the perp, a closeted, self-hating prick with a homophobic hag of a wife

by Anonymousreply 193January 25, 2023 9:56 PM

^thinning hair

by Anonymousreply 194January 25, 2023 9:57 PM

Nobody is arguing that Schlapp and wife aren’t disgusting characters.

How the victim (and now His ex-wife) have chosen to explain the scenario and the post-incident sequence of events, did have a few perplexing dynamics. That by no means excuses or resolves Schlapp’s alleged sexual assault as reported by the victim.

by Anonymousreply 195January 25, 2023 10:13 PM

R192, it happens more often than not. Would you say the same thing when it happens to a woman?

Read the accounts of the women who accused that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile in Mar-a-Lago -- in particular the woman he assaulted on the airplane.

The victim reacts in shock to the trauma. That's what happened here.

by Anonymousreply 196January 25, 2023 10:18 PM

You can’t compare how a woman reacts to how a male reacts to another male groping him.

by Anonymousreply 197January 25, 2023 10:46 PM

R197, as a gay man you can't compare your reaction to a man groping you to the way a straight man would act

by Anonymousreply 198January 25, 2023 11:37 PM

We don't know that he's straight, r198. We *do* know he's Republican and that he chose to wait until after the election because "He really believed in what he was doing, really believed in the campaign and didn’t want anything he was going through to affect it."

by Anonymousreply 199January 25, 2023 11:48 PM

Also, r198, you’re right. However, as a man—gay or straight—I know how I’d react to someone uninvited grabbing my shit. It’s happened before.

A woman and a man have different dynamics.

And a straight man being groped by a gay guy, I’d imagine the straight guy would knock his teeth down his throat, not go make a video in his hotel room saying how dirty he feels.

by Anonymousreply 200January 26, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote] alleged sexual assault

Hand on covered flaccid penis?

Two minutes?

by Anonymousreply 201January 26, 2023 12:14 AM

Scho what if he schlapped his schlong? And whose schlong wuz it?

by Anonymousreply 202January 26, 2023 12:15 AM

R200, most straight men sat that's how they'd act. But they're not always as tough as they think

by Anonymousreply 203January 26, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote] I know how I’d react to someone uninvited grabbing my shit.

Oh, R200, put it in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 204January 26, 2023 12:22 AM

[quote]not go make a video in his hotel room saying how dirty he feels.

Yeah, r200, what's that about? Why *was* his marriage already in trouble?

by Anonymousreply 205January 26, 2023 12:22 AM

You're also forgetting that Matt Schlapp is a big name in conservative circles. Those of you saying "Why didn't he beat him up?" don't get that he would have been conflicted about pissing off someone who could hurt his career

by Anonymousreply 206January 26, 2023 12:25 AM

Yeah, there's a big power imbalance here. Huffman is just a lowly staffer while someone like Schlapp could have the power to ruin his career. Just look at how GOP people like Caroline Wren are already going after him for not being a 'true' or loyal conservative.

by Anonymousreply 207January 26, 2023 2:21 AM

I don’t think he’s lying about the assault, or how much it bothered him. But I do think his career is his primary focus…he probably thought Walker would be a Senator, he would be a Senate staffer, maybe COS, so that might be why he waited. If it is who is named above, he seems pretty much into the worst of the GOP, including this Walker farce, so it’s not like he can redeem himself as a Dem. So if the PTB turn on him and can no longer work for the GOP, he’s out of politics altogether.

His last hope is a big payday. And maybe he puts the hurt to Schlapp while getting it. But if he doesn’t enrich himself, I probably won’t lose sleep over it.

by Anonymousreply 208January 26, 2023 3:24 AM

New development:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 31, 2023 8:54 PM

Is he filing that one anonymously too?

by Anonymousreply 210January 31, 2023 9:10 PM

This story is among old.

Why hasn't it been resolved?

by Anonymousreply 211January 31, 2023 9:11 PM

^ This story is a month old.

by Anonymousreply 212January 31, 2023 9:12 PM

Is this your first time encountering the American legal system, R211?

by Anonymousreply 213January 31, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] Why hasn't it been resolved?

Civil cases in the United States can take YEARS to be resolved. Judicial resources are limited and civil cases are a low priority; criminal matters take precedence. The only way this would be quickly resolved is if the parties arrive at a settlement to get rid of it and avoid some rather embarrassing personal details being revealed.

by Anonymousreply 214January 31, 2023 9:45 PM

I think he was especially shook because he never would have dreamed that Schlapp would sniff out the gay in him. All of these obvious queens think they excel at hiding.

by Anonymousreply 215February 3, 2023 8:41 AM

MAGA political operatives closet gay drama.

by Anonymousreply 216February 3, 2023 9:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 7, 2023 7:55 AM

Matt has a new lane. Kitara could make him have a happy face.

by Anonymousreply 218February 7, 2023 9:38 AM

What guys is Matt schlapping these days?

by Anonymousreply 219February 7, 2023 6:05 PM

Mother, may I Schlapp with danger?

by Anonymousreply 220February 7, 2023 6:15 PM

Schlapp has hired Johnny Depp's lawyer to try to unmask his accuser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 11, 2023 4:42 AM

That's got to be an expensive lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 222February 11, 2023 6:04 AM

Trying to intimidate his accuser

by Anonymousreply 223February 11, 2023 5:01 PM

If this is the victim, it's hard to feel sorry for him. What a creep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 12, 2023 9:47 PM

But, but, he felt so dirty, r224. Shouldn’t we feel sorry for him?

Forgive me, I couldn’t get that out without a snicker.

by Anonymousreply 225February 12, 2023 10:20 PM

^ Where does it say that guy is him?

by Anonymousreply 226February 12, 2023 10:24 PM

There is speculation beginning at [R180]. I don't know how to link screenshots, but this is a cut & paste from googling Carlton Huffman Matt Schlapp: Twitter Caroline Wren The former Herschel Walker staffer accusing Matt Schlapp of sexual assault is now suing Jan. ... Staffer Carlton Huffman's tenure working for.

I can't seem to bring up the tweet; perhaps it was deleted. Supposedly Caroline Wren did out the person on Twitter at some point (according to news articles that still were respecting his privacy).

Carlton Huffman was Regional Field Director for Herschel Walker in Atlanta from August '22 until January '23 according to his LinkedIn.

Perhaps someone with better detective skills can find out if this guy is currently in the process of getting a divorce. That would be too many coincidences.

by Anonymousreply 227February 12, 2023 11:03 PM

Even if it isn't him, anyone who worked for Herschel Walker's campaign trying to make Walker senator who then turns around and complains about misconduct just because it happened to him is quite something.

by Anonymousreply 228February 13, 2023 2:07 AM

It's quite something to defend a pervy self-loather Matt Schlapp

by Anonymousreply 229February 13, 2023 2:08 AM

R229 I don't know if you meant me but I definitely wasn't doing that. Just commenting on the hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 230February 13, 2023 2:11 AM

I don’t see anyone here defending Schlapp.

There’s a difference between saying “it’s fine it happened” and “we don’t believe the details this douche bag is saying” cause, ya know, he’s a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 231February 13, 2023 2:11 AM

Saying that the victim is defending Schlapp

by Anonymousreply 232February 13, 2023 2:12 AM

Sorry that should be "Saying the victim is lying is defending Schlapp"

by Anonymousreply 233February 13, 2023 2:13 AM

R231 I believe the victim. I just think it's mind blowing that the staffer thinks that defending Herschel Walker and trying to make him senator is a good idea when he finds it so unacceptable when Schlapp does those things to him.

by Anonymousreply 234February 13, 2023 2:15 AM

Sexual assault victims aren't in the witness protection program. The media doesn't report their names to make it easier for victims to come forward and to prevent harassment in higher profile cases.

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with R227. It's one thing to play internet detective and satisfy your own curiosity. It's another to google fu the identity of a sexual assault victim and post it to an anonymous forum that doesn't allow deletions.

by Anonymousreply 235February 14, 2023 12:45 AM

Probably a Schlapper working to out the accuser or get the post deleted, r235. Maybe both!

by Anonymousreply 236February 14, 2023 1:04 AM

The victim is widely known already, regardless of the anonymous court filings…that by itself is nothing out of the ordinary.

The defendant’s attitude and his wife’s public actions since then are extraordinary…a vile couple.

by Anonymousreply 237February 14, 2023 1:40 AM

Seems like Mr. Huffman has made enemies. Why would anyone care enough about a state-level House staffer to dig up dirt on him and make sure the press knows?

by Anonymousreply 238February 14, 2023 3:37 AM

This is an interesting thread on Twitter.

If you read down it, it says " There's extra pressure on Schlapp as American Conservative Union chairman -- traditionally unpaid position -- because he started getting paid $$$six figures as lobbying biz declined."

Why is Matty getting such a huge salary when no one else has before him? Such grifters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 28, 2023 12:42 PM

One more thing - there was an article a few years back when Trump was in office stating that the Schlapp's had lost all of their friends in DC because of their toxic politics.

Nobody likes Matty or Mercy.

by Anonymousreply 240February 28, 2023 12:44 PM

Here's the archived version of the WaPo article. Lots of interesting stuff in there, including:

Shortly after (Herschel) Walker lost the election, the (accuser) lashed out at Schlapp on social media, accusing him of drunken misbehavior. A few days later, CPAC demanded nondisclosure agreements with a $25,000 penalty from all its employees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241February 28, 2023 3:46 PM

R239, so he made anti-gay comments? That tracks with guys like this. I remember Lindzebelle ranting about gays in the military

by Anonymousreply 242February 28, 2023 5:07 PM

^She’s such a hypocrite. She’s no stranger to military cock.

by Anonymousreply 243February 28, 2023 8:10 PM

Are the Schlapps related to the Schapps?

by Anonymousreply 244February 28, 2023 9:02 PM

“Allegedly” regarded as the most corrupt Senator:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245February 28, 2023 10:01 PM

Oops, wrong thread, but relates.^

by Anonymousreply 246February 28, 2023 10:05 PM

The accuser comes forward:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 8, 2023 7:12 PM

^^Confirming speculation earlier in the thread. And yeah, Huffman's a horrible person, too. Doesn't mean he should be sexually harassed.

by Anonymousreply 248March 8, 2023 7:14 PM

Miss Huffman's linkedin lists his pronouns as "bro/patriot" More like "ho/hot-to-trot"!

by Anonymousreply 249March 8, 2023 7:33 PM

The Hill 03/08/23 2:35 PM ET

A longtime Republican campaign aide who accused American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp of sexual battery came forward publicly on Wednesday after a judge ruled he couldn’t pursue his claims anonymously.

Carlton Huffman gave an interview to The Washington Post and said he plans to amend his lawsuit to include his name once the judge enters the order.

Schlapp has vehemently denied Huffman’s claims.

“I’m not backing away,” Huffman told the Post. “I’m not going to drop this. Matt Schlapp did what he did and he needs to be held accountable.”

Huffman’s lawsuit alleges Schlapp was “aggressively fondling” his groin while the two drove back from a restaurant to a hotel on Oct. 19 after attending an event to support Herschel Walker’s Republican Senate campaign in Georgia.

The complaint accuses Schlapp of battery and goes on to allege that he and his wife, Mercedes Schlapp, defamed Huffman after news reports about his allegations surfaced.

When the suit was first filed, an attorney for the Schlapps criticized the request for anonymity and said it demonstrated that the accuser’s agenda was to harm the Schlapp family.

“The plaintiff has not established I think the heavy burden of establishing both a concrete need for secrecy and identifying the consequences that would likely befall him if forced to proceed in his own name,” said Alexandria Circuit Court Judge Lisa Bondareff Kemler, according to the Post.

The Hill has reached out to attorneys for the Schlapps and Huffman for comment.

In his interview with the Post, Huffman acknowledged years-old racist writings on a WordPress blog, which included glorifications of the Confederate flag and posts criticizing diversity and non-European heritage.

Huffman left a job as a policy adviser in the North Carolina House Speaker’s office in January after one month, according to his LinkedIn, after the blog resurfaced.

“That was an ugly chapter of my life that I am personally ashamed of,” Huffman told the Post. “That is not who I am anymore.”

The development comes days after the conclusion of the Conservative Political Action Conference, Schlapp’s organization’s flagship annual event.

by Anonymousreply 250March 8, 2023 7:47 PM

That dude is obviously gay.

by Anonymousreply 251March 8, 2023 7:57 PM

He certainly is not a snappy dresser. That suit is ill fitting and looks like something that's hung in his closet for a couple decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 8, 2023 8:03 PM

He’s what passes for MAGA hot.

by Anonymousreply 253March 8, 2023 8:27 PM

[quote]Miss Huffman's linkedin lists his pronouns as "bro/patriot" More like "ho/hot-to-trot"!

Then shouldn't this sentence read like this:

Huffman’s lawsuit alleges Schlapp was “aggressively fondling” patriot's groin while the two drove back from a restaurant to a hotel on Oct. 19 after attending an event to support Herschel Walker’s Republican Senate campaign in Georgia.

I mean, c'mon, people, respect the pronouns!

by Anonymousreply 254March 8, 2023 9:09 PM

The photographer for the WaPo's article about Huffman is named Eamon Queeney.

by Anonymousreply 255March 8, 2023 9:55 PM

They both would have been around Miss Lindzebelle during the Herschel Walker campaign.

What did Miss Lindzebelle know, and when did she know it?

by Anonymousreply 256March 8, 2023 10:54 PM

Because it’s a local story of sorts, the local news dug deep. Apparently the accuser is also an accused:

[quote] The lawsuit was filed in January. In February, a woman filed for a restraining order against Huffman, alleging that he assaulted her in his Raleigh home. Huffman was ordered to stay away from her for a year. The paperwork says she accused him of “digitally penetrating plaintiff without plaintiff’s permission” on Feb. 15.

[quote] “Although plaintiff was engaged in acts with another person, she didn’t give permission to defendant to engage in the sexual activities,” the protection order states.

[quote] Huffman told WRAL News Wednesday that he is “innocent of improper conduct.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 9, 2023 4:30 AM

I wonder if his victim felt "so dirty. Oh, so dirty."

by Anonymousreply 258March 9, 2023 2:27 PM

So a sex pest gets groped by another sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 259March 9, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote]“Although plaintiff was engaged in acts with another person, she didn’t give permission to defendant to engage in the sexual activities,”

Were they at Plato's Retreat?

by Anonymousreply 260March 9, 2023 2:36 PM

At this point, it would be safe to assume that every MAGAt is a sex pest of some kind.

by Anonymousreply 261March 9, 2023 2:39 PM

The only one who can defeat a straight sex pest... is a gay sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 262March 9, 2023 2:52 PM

Matt Schlapp asking in the bar: "Can you not bear to look at me?" made my toes curl--before I laughed.

by Anonymousreply 263March 9, 2023 2:55 PM

Man, the video he made after the 'attack' has the worst acting in it since Vanna White in 'Goddess of Love'.

Not saying that it didn't happen, but MARY, that performance was hilarious. CLEARLY gay...

by Anonymousreply 264March 9, 2023 3:23 PM

Perhaps Huffman is closeted. That said, he didn’t like Schlapp touching him. Gross Schlapp is ugly and was allegedly, being aggressively offensive.

by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2023 6:52 PM

Huffman overstepping boundaries during group sex?

Madison Cawthorn, being proved right again about the plethora of Republican orgies.

by Anonymousreply 266March 10, 2023 8:07 AM

Yes r266, M. Cawthorn was right about those GQP orgies.

by Anonymousreply 267March 10, 2023 11:43 AM

Why do these people freak out so much then?

by Anonymousreply 268March 10, 2023 11:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!