Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

How many unnecessary storylines and characters do you think will be added into S2?

by Anonymousreply 600January 1, 2023 12:30 AM

Any storyline beyond Nick/Charlie is useless and unnecessary. No one gives a shit about Issac, sorry Tobie lol

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2022 10:34 PM

Elle's new friends. Total unnecessary. If they cut any Nick and charlie scenes to give them screen time. It would be very disappointing

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2022 10:38 PM

Ideally, the balance would have stayed the same as last season in terms of the division of screentime between the couples. The ancillary characters should stay ancillary (Imogen, Isaac, Ben, whoever), but we already know Isaac’s being expanded. In terms of new characters, I really hope Elle’s friends are nothing more than window dressing. I don’t mind Mr. Ajayi getting his little love interest as long as not a ton of time is taken up by that story.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2022 10:39 PM

I’m hoping for a very similar balance of storylines as season 1 - vast majority of Nick and Charlie but some side stories for variety. Just hopefully not too much… and agreed, I’m not especially fussed about an elaborate Isaac or Imogen backstory.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2022 10:40 PM

I honestly would bet (or maybe I just hope and am manifesting) that a good part of Alice’s disenchantment I’d that she had these 1001 side storylines she bragged to the fans about and planned to develop and Netflix flatly declined. They’ve already renewed for two seasons so letting her do her own thing and tank the show isn’t feasible as they can’t just cancel it like they do everything else. It was an unexpected hit for them and I’m sure they told her sternly to keep a tight focus on Nick and Charlie and to a lesser extent Tao and Elle. They probably let her keep her little asexual or trans friend with feeding tube storylines but made her keep them choppy and given Alice hates things not going 100% her way I’m sure that sent her into hysterics

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2022 11:13 PM

Alice has made it clear that she has had to develop new characters and storylines as the books simply did not contain sufficient plot material to fill 16 more episodes.

I would not be surprised if Harry had something of a redemption arc at some point, that might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2022 11:56 PM

That actor said he didn’t have a feeding tube during the S2 shoot (just whenever he had that headshot taken), so you’re just making his medical condition a punchline, FYI. And as someone pointed out in a previous thread, he got top surgery in early November, which makes me doubtful that Elle’s friends will make more than a fleeting appearance. They included Nick and Charlie’s form teacher in a similar casting announcement for season 1 and he had all of three lines, tops.

Hopefully Harry’s arc will be similar to the comic, with him ambushing Charlie with an insincere apology and getting shut down. I don’t care about him getting redeemed.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2022 12:00 AM

Harry already has one in the comics and books, I'm assuming it's one of the things she'll keep.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2022 12:01 AM

Yeah, Harry is friends (or at least friendly) with both Charlie and Nick in the Nick & Charlie novella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2022 12:04 AM

R7 genuinely wasn’t trying to make it a punchline. It was a remark on Alice and their desire to fit a thousand storylines in next season; they also liked a tweet about diabetes representation after Rhea said she had it. No direspect to a disabled actor getting a role but I don’t feel bad for wanting the existing characters storylines (and kit and Joe as the strongest actors) to be prioritized.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2022 12:27 AM

I can take about anything other than the asexual adventures of Isaac and James

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2022 1:04 AM

The third book, that this season is based on, already focuses a lot more on the side characters. Since Nick and Charlie are already together, they’re storylines doesn’t have as much substance. Obviously Joe and Kit are who people want to watch, and will likely get about 60-70% of the screen time, but other characters will also be expanded more. Mainly with larger group scenes, not necessarily a focus on the other characters away from Nick and Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2022 1:20 AM

R11 I’m afraid the Asexual Adventures of Isaac and James are exactly what we’re going to get. Along with the teacher romance and obviously Elle and Tao. I also suspect they’ll be a Ben Imogen subplot.

I will say though most of the cast seemed to wrap weeks before Joe and Kit so it feels like the first half of the series will be largely based on the Paris storyline and the plots that spin out from that. The second half I expect to be the deeper dive into Charlie’s mental health. Netflix could actually be our friend here I am sure they will want Joe and Kit front and centre of everything.

As there is only about 2-3 episodes of material from summer to Christmas in the webcomics (the period I expect to be covered) there will definitely be a lot of extra writing

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2022 1:42 AM

Season 1 covered books 1 and 2. Do you guys think season 2 will only cover book 3? I personally think they will do half of book 4 and then do the rest of 4 and 5(assuming Alice finishes it one day) for season 3. I know Alice said 4 seasons would be ideal to tell Nick and Charlie’s story but I think they can do it in 3.

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2022 2:02 AM

I think I remember Alice saying the season cover book 3 and I vaguely remember her posting book 3 on her Instagram when she was writing the scripts?

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2022 2:05 AM

R14 I’m afraid I’ve not read the books or even the webcomics in great detail I didn’t know they existed until after the series was made. I just remember the Paris- summer holidays- Charlie’s mental health crisis- Christmas sequence and as S1 covered roughly January-June S2 covering July-December and concluding the year seems to make sense.

Beyond that I only know the section written around Charlie’s 16th birthday where he suddenly develops sexual feelings for his boyfriend for the first time after a year of hand holding and some snippets around Nick going to university over a year later which I imagined being somehow combined into S3. But that may reflect my lack of knowledge of the actual later story

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2022 2:22 AM

R14 that’s an interesting point. I agree 3 can do it especially as Alice skipped the entire arc od Charlie in the hospital and went straight to recovery, which removes probably 3-4 episodes and some of the strongest acting material potential for Joe, Kit, and Jenny. Perhaps that’s part of Alice’s unhappiness or stress. If they didn’t pre lock Joe and Kit down for S4 before the first season even came out, I think it’ll be unlikely both will agree to sign on - even Yaz might push back on it. I think Joe and Kit especially have been clear the show means a lot to them but committing to it now over other roles that their huge agencies will put them forth for, and finding timing that works for both, will be tough. Obviously I think Netflix would like more seasons out of them presuming their success levels stay the same or rise but they may be planning to wrap it up in 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2022 2:23 AM

R15 You're right both about the story and her saying the season covers Book 3. I also think it's a possibility that the added pressure that Alice kept complaining about could be that they asked her to add Book 4 into the scripts. They DID cast Nick's dad earlier than expected...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2022 2:44 AM

Kit and Joe were photographed with the actor who plays Nick’s dad in Paris, so it seems they’ll be meeting him there, rather than Nick just texting him and getting blown off.

It’s also possible that Alice only posted pics of volume 3 because it’s very obviously what’s coming next and couldn’t be considered a spoiler in any way. The actor who plays Charlie’s dad said his last day filming was “a doozy,” so I’m guessing the season will at least get into the beginning of Charlie’s mental health stuff in volume 4. (Though doubt it will cover his period of hospitalization.)

Also would not be surprised if Alice’s mental health was just already bad over the summer and that tainted her experience without any dramatic external issues playing a role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2022 6:07 AM

I'm very curious how Alice has decided to close out season 2.

If, like season 1, she wishes to end on a joyful, positive note, then it would make sense to end season 2 with the "I love you" scene. The ending of book 3 is rather understated--Charlie googling how to tell Nick he loves him, while Nick googles about eating disorders, as they head home after the Paris trip. Hardly a joyful, crescendo bookend to the season. That's not a bad thing, per se, but ending on a high, joyful moment would be consistent with the HS ethos.

However, the "I love you" scene comes after the beach scene in book 4, and I don't think anyone spotted the cast filming at the beach this season. Of course, Alice can mix up the sequence of scenes.

To me, the following sequence makes most sense to me in terms of key plot points to be covered in which seasons:

Season 2:

- Charlie telling his parents about Nick

- Paris Trip (Charlie's mental health and eating issues are introduced)

- Beach scene after Paris (Nick and Charlie agree he has an eating disorder and needs to talk to his parents)

- Nick leaves for his Menorca holiday (Season ends on the big "I love you" scene)

Season 3:

- Nick on holiday Menorca

- Charlie's mental health worsens and he tells his parents about it

- Charlie is admitted for inpatient treatment

- Charlie journey to recovery

- Nick and Charlie celebrate New Years

- Nick comes out to his dad (Season ends on uplifting note as Nick and Charlie take a late night drive together)

Season 4 (final season)

- Nick and Charlie have sex

- Nick graduates and heads to Uni

- I'm assuming show will end on a happy note with Nick and Charlie still together

This is how I see it all playing out. Of course, Alice can change any of this up, so I could totally be off base.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2022 7:56 AM

I'm very curious how Alice has decided to close out season 2.

If, like season 1, she wishes to end on a joyful, positive note, then it would make sense to end season 2 with the "I love you" scene. The ending of book 3 is rather understated--Charlie googling how to tell Nick he loves him, while Nick googles about eating disorders, as they head home after the Paris trip. Hardly a joyful, crescendo bookend to the season. That's not a bad thing, per se, but ending on a high, joyful moment would be consistent with the HS ethos.

However, the "I love you" scene comes after the beach scene in book 4, and I don't think anyone spotted the cast filming at the beach this season. Of course, Alice can mix up the sequence of scenes.

To me, the following sequence makes most sense to me in terms of key plot points to be covered in which seasons:

Season 2:

- Charlie telling his parents about Nick

- Paris Trip (Charlie's mental health and eating issues are introduced)

- Beach scene after Paris (Nick and Charlie agree he has an eating disorder and needs to talk to his parents)

- Nick leaves for his Menorca holiday (Season ends on the big "I love you" scene)

Season 3:

- Nick on holiday Menorca

- Charlie's mental health worsens and he tells his parents about it

- Charlie is admitted for inpatient treatment

- Charlie journey to recovery

- Nick and Charlie celebrate New Years

- Nick comes out to his dad (Season ends on uplifting note as Nick and Charlie take a late night drive together)

Season 4 (final season)

- Nick and Charlie have sex

- Nick graduates and heads to Uni

- I'm assuming show will end on a happy note with Nick and Charlie still together

This is how I see it all playing out. Of course, Alice can change any of this up, so I could totally be off base.

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2022 7:57 AM

The “I love you” scene feels like the natural conclusion to me too, unless they add something entirely new like Sports Day. I do think Charlie opening up to his parents might happen in season 2 too though, partly because of that tweet from the actor who plays his dad, and because it would also give a sense of temporary resolution. As you say the sequence of events could be shuffled.

I don’t know whether they could have filmed the beach scene without anyone noticing, hopefully it’s not been cut. They did seem to film at least a couple new group outings outside of Paris though - at the arts school, and in that town center (don’t remember where in the UK that was, but didn’t look like a location that could be passed off as Paris).

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2022 9:17 AM

What were people saying about Joe being very articulate? ‘Stealed them’, flipping heck.

(Obviously saying this lightheartedly.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2022 11:08 AM

R21 I don’t see how this schedule is possible. I have read that section of the comics and that would mean S2 basically being only the Paris trip with a few Holliday scenes. That is at most two episodes worth of material and just one month of time even with extra storylines that cannot be padded out to eight episodes. I have also seen Alice reassuring fans online that Charlie’s mental health and eating disorder won’t be skirted over in S2 which means I assume it has to be dealt with not just shadowed again.

There is also the possibility there will be no S4 until that is confirmed they need to keep an eye on concluding the whole story in S3. I remain convinced the second half of this series has to cover the autumn and the deep dive on Charlie’s mental health

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2022 12:26 PM

There definitely isn’t enough content in book 3 to fill eight episodes. S2 will likely cover at least half of book 4 as well. The “I Love You” scene will probably be the end of the season so they can finish on something happy. I’m also expecting the order of events to shift around quite a bit. Nick comes out to his dad in Paris. Charlie’s mental health escalates sooner. New group scene are added to replace beach scene that have same content but different locations.

As much as bringing in more side character story lines isn’t what we want. I think we’re going to need quite a bit of new content even to stretch book 3 into 5 or 6 episodes. If this season goes beyond the I love you scene, I could see it ending with Charlie leaving for in patient treatment. It’s not as happy of an ending, but since we know s3 is coming we don’t have to end on a super big high note.

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2022 1:42 PM

R25 I could see Charlie leaving as the season climax too; they can frame it in a fairly hopeful way. Even in the comic Alice spins it to be him wanting to go to and finding relief in the inpatient facility, and a time skip of two months, him coming back, the short novel plot she wrote about their holidays, etc would all work well for S3

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2022 3:16 PM

R26 Having the time Charlie’s in hospital be entirely skipped between s2 & s3 would actually probably work better. Having multiple episodes of a TV show where one of the main characters is removed from the rest of the cast would slow down the plot. But having s2 end with Charlie leaving and then s3 being with Charlie returning would work well. That kind of time jump between seasons wouldn’t mess up the show’s pacing.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2022 4:19 PM

They might do what they did in the comic, where Nick recounts that time period by writing in his diary and you see Charlie at the treatment center in a flashback.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2022 4:25 PM

I can’t see them just skipping over that time period completely. Ideally they’ll take some of the memories referenced in Nick and Charlie’s journal entries and flesh them out into full scenes that span a few episodes. But I could see them starting season 3 with a time jump to New Year’s and then going back to the fall (similar to the structure of Nick’s entries), to keep the hopeful tone of the show intact and let viewers know that everything will turn out okay before delving into that darker period.

by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2022 4:35 PM

Replying to someone on the last thread (am the person who saw Joe and Bash at Adele and whose friend has seen them on the street): "and you didn’t share them here?! Joking, is your friend super rich? I get the feeling Bash probably lives somewhere very expensive": I had no clue DL existed at the time I got the Snaps so I didn't screenshot them I'm afraid! Even then I knew not to post on Twitter lest the mob of insane teenagers swarm me for "invading privacy" or whatever. If he sees them again and sends a pic I will dutifully report back. And yes he's very well off; he lives in a flat his parents own in Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2022 4:50 PM

Matt on Twitter has been very quiet lately, despite Kit and Joe hanging out quite a lot and meeting fans - I wonder if the Joe/Bash thing is just so obvious to him now that he's given up? He's still tweeting a bit but none of that 'who were they with? Were they together?'

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2022 4:55 PM

I don't think they'll show much/any of the inpatient stuff in the show - it's too upbeat and wholesome and it's pretty hard to keep that vibe when someone is an inpatient in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2022 4:56 PM

R30 It's good not to share them. Even if I'm nosey as fuck, we know they are dating but don't need to see every detail and make them uncomfortable in public where they live.

Thanks for the information though.

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2022 4:58 PM

I’m curious how they all get their energy, Connor must have literally landed this morning at some point and is now doing a day out in London, I’d probably be in bed lol

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Alice keeps saying she doesn’t intend to water down the mental health stuff. Can’t imagine they’ll spend an entire season with Charlie in hospital or anything, but I could see them showing some of the more hopeful moments referenced in the comics, especially if they feel that could help dispel some of the stigma around inpatient treatment. Snippets of helpful therapy sessions (maybe they introduce Geoff early), Charlie making friends in the hospital, Nick and Tori bonding during their visits, the friend group rallying around them both, etc.

by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2022 5:07 PM

I think they will show the hospital stuff as flashbacks like they did with the ben stuff to give us some context while not going too deep into it but then they will gives us at least one scene in the present like charlie talking about his experience and his problems with his therapist.

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2022 6:09 PM

I think some therapist scenes could be great - interesting character development and exploration, plus a good advocate for therapy which I'm 100% for.

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2022 6:12 PM

Agreed therapist scenes would be good - and actually given the reach of the show and how many gay celebrities have praised it and follow / interact with Joe it might even be a chance for another big celebrity cameo. Obviously not many would be on Olivia Colman’s level and doubt they’d get someone that famous to do it, but a Dan Levy, Jonathan Bailey, or Neil Patrick Harris type (all follow Joe at least)

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2022 6:15 PM

Dan Levy- I hate emojis, but, this one feels justified for describing Dan Levy- 🥵🥵

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2022 6:22 PM

R39 genuinely can’t tell if it’s meant as a thirst emoji or annoyance at the thought of him joining. I do think he or Jonathan but likely him are the most likely - Jonathan because he follows Alice, Joe, Bash and Kit and comments pretty regularly on Joe’s stuff, and Dan because he’s a show superfan; hung out with Bash at a fashion show etc. as far as I can tell NPH’s only connection is via Joe, who I’m guessing? He hasn’t met but just follows and supports/comments on to support a young gay actor

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2022 6:25 PM

R38 Ooh yeah, a quality queer actor with a small therapist role would be amazing - and great for Joe to have some meaty scenes with.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Far too few links in this thread.

It takes time to scroll past all of your meaningless doggerel.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2022 6:28 PM

R40- thirst, 100% thirst

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2022 6:32 PM

A high profile actor as Charlie's therapist would be nice.

R40 Dan DM'd Alice too. I noticed he liked Bash's post about Kit winning an Emmy, so in general he's a fan of the show. Well, not sure it'll ever happen but he did get cast in Sex Education because he said he liked it and DM'd Asa Butterfield

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2022 6:36 PM

I’m not sure that was the entire reason he got cast in Sex Ed. I imagine his previous acting & a possible audition was also taken into account! Not just sliding into the DMs of one of the actors on the show!

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2022 6:45 PM

R45 Who he is had a lot to do with it, but actors of a certain status don't audition for cameo roles like that. They just asked him.

by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2022 6:54 PM

R31 They weren't in the same country until yesterday, he’ll probably start up again soon.

by Anonymousreply 47December 14, 2022 7:11 PM

Kit, Will, and Bash had dinner with Elton John. Thinking that Joe might still be in the states for Agatha pre-prod prep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 14, 2022 10:50 PM

Damn poor Joe must be sad to have missed out on this. Obviously if will and Bash were invited he would’ve been (no offense to them). Wonder if he’ll actually have to miss Bash’s birthday at this point?

by Anonymousreply 49December 14, 2022 10:52 PM

R49 I don't think it's a coincidence that it's Will and Bash there, 2/3 cast members Kit is closest to. My guess is that they were invited through Kit (Kit having the obvious tie to Elton and David) and there's no way Kit wouldn't have brought Joe along as well. Hopefully they have another dinner with him down the line that Joe can attend.

by Anonymousreply 50December 14, 2022 10:55 PM

Why would Kit be inviting Will & Bash to this? He doesn’t have some inside line to Elton because he was once in a film about him. Sure it was Eltons team that invited them all as opposed to Kits plus 2!

by Anonymousreply 51December 14, 2022 11:01 PM

Elton loves Heartstopper; he posted about it winning an attitude award. He of course gave kit a specific nod for playing a young him but overall likes the show. He probably invited all 4 as they’re inclusively the 2 leads and the 4 cast members who live in London. Plus my guess is Joe and Bash being together is pretty obvious and common knowledge within the UK queer arts industry

by Anonymousreply 52December 14, 2022 11:05 PM

Elton posted about Heartstopper winning while 1) only mentioning Kit by name and 2) including a collage that was literally only shots of Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 14, 2022 11:11 PM

Same with David Furnish, who didn't even tag Joe in the picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 14, 2022 11:11 PM

R50 The inclusion of Will in particular makes me think you’re right.

by Anonymousreply 55December 14, 2022 11:12 PM

I guess we’ll never know but it seems ofd to me he would invite kit and say “please feel free to bring up to three plus ones, even though no one else at the dinner is bringing one”.

by Anonymousreply 56December 14, 2022 11:14 PM

That’s really cool for them and a great photo, but my initial reaction was disappointment for Joe, haha. Must’ve been quite the night. Hopefully there’ll be future ones that he can go to.

Are we assuming this is in London? I’m guessing Elton has homes all over.

by Anonymousreply 57December 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Call me cynical, but I don’t think Elton actually watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2022 11:16 PM

R56 I’m almost certain he would’ve invited Kit and Joe, and then Bash and Will may have been plus ones or tag ons. Otherwise how do you decide who to invite out of a large cast, besides the main two? Although Elton’s clearly enamoured by Heartstopper so he could be aware that the four of them are close, so invited them all.

by Anonymousreply 59December 14, 2022 11:18 PM

R53

I noticed that too. If I was Joe I would be pressed that I wasn't even tagged in the photo. I wonder if Joe is still in the US or the IOM

by Anonymousreply 60December 14, 2022 11:20 PM

Not sure why it's hard to believe Elton watched it. He's pretty up on pop culture and knows Kit

And Joe's pretty obviously still in LA

by Anonymousreply 61December 14, 2022 11:21 PM

R60 my guess is the US; reports were consistently that agatha had some amount of filming or work in December. We all presumed the week leading up to the emmys and when that didn’t happen some accounts said it just started in January instead. Might have been planned to be this week all along. Joe obviously loves his family but I’d be surprised if he chose spending this specific day with them over dinner with Elton.

by Anonymousreply 62December 14, 2022 11:23 PM

We can safely say that there’s no way Joe didn’t get an invite, as Bash (and probs the other two) just wouldn’t go in that case.

by Anonymousreply 63December 14, 2022 11:24 PM

Also Nell's boyfriend ex-girlfriend Dua Lipa. A bit funny.

by Anonymousreply 64December 14, 2022 11:24 PM

The only time Elton's mentioned the show at all is when they won an award at the same ceremony he was being honored at. David only followed the non-Kit cast members that went to the dinner today. Elton doesn't follow them at all. There hasn't been any sign of interest beyond the cursory Instagram posts that were mostly about highlighting Baby Elton.

by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2022 11:24 PM

R65 Yeah, that’s pretty much my logic on that. The Heartstopper posts felt more like Elton inflating his own ego by pointing out that one of the breakouts was someone who played him.

by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2022 11:26 PM

Elton John doesn't run his social media and isn't online. David is. Elton also watched Schitt's Creek, so I'm assuming he watches all the gay shit

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2022 11:27 PM

[quote]We can safely say that there’s no way Joe didn’t get an invite, as Bash (and probs the other two) just wouldn’t go in that case.

No disrespect to Bash and Will, but there's no universe where they would have been invited over Joe.

by Anonymousreply 68December 14, 2022 11:27 PM

Anyway, my guess is that Joe will be done by the end of the week, I don't think they'd continue working so close to the holidays. If Bash has his bash on the weekend, Joe should be able to make it.

by Anonymousreply 69December 14, 2022 11:30 PM

Bash wouldn't have gone without Joe anyway, so not sure what the point of this conversation is.

by Anonymousreply 70December 14, 2022 11:30 PM

R59 Call me an old cynic but he’s not not blind it’s unlikely to be a coincidence if he chose to invite Kit, Joe, Bash and Will out of the cast.

Though more likely he invited Kit for obvious reasons with a +1 and Joe and Bash because they are some of the hottest young things in the UK queer community in every sense of the word right now

by Anonymousreply 71December 14, 2022 11:31 PM

Yaz would have made more sense in that case, but maybe it was too Heartstopper-y for her to accept.

by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2022 11:36 PM

I don't think Yaz and Kit are all that close. I'd guess Kit got to invite who he wanted to invite

by Anonymousreply 73December 14, 2022 11:38 PM

At least none of the theories being posited on here are as delusional as this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 14, 2022 11:43 PM

Since we’re all (including me) just speculating To be fair they also all live in London. Possible this was semi last minute and he invited the “usual lineup” of the main four and bash, since everyone seems pretty aware joe and bash are dating, and the ones who live in London and were there at the time went. If it was a bigger dinner I’d agree kit got to invite his mates but with only ~10 people it would be odd he’s the only one with control of the guest list.

Further spitballing on the semi last minute invite theory, he acknowledged kit and the show After it got an attitude award. Very plausible that he heard about it as a show and Kit specifically winning the Emmys and extended the invite after that to the four Emmy nominees and bash.

by Anonymousreply 75December 14, 2022 11:45 PM

Love that the seats of honor went to Baby Elton (I’m stealing that, r65) and the artist Elton most recently had a huge hit with.

by Anonymousreply 76December 14, 2022 11:48 PM

R62 The original report said it stared Dec. 5th in Atlanta and officially Jan. 7th. Just because it wasn't in Atlanta didn't mean it didn't start the same date. Joe's pretty obviously been in LA all last week just because we have creepers who knew which flight he took.

I can't see them working past Friday at least. Kinda sucks if he can't make it back though, but they did spend nearly a week in LA together.

by Anonymousreply 77December 15, 2022 12:04 AM

R77 I’m hoping even if he has to work into next week he will at least have the weekend off and they’ve demonstrated in the last few weeks that they don’t think hopping back and forth over the Atlantic for each other is a big deal. But I would assume they have to be finishing up for the holidays any time now

by Anonymousreply 78December 15, 2022 12:18 AM

This is the report about it starting in December for a week or two. This website has good sources and broke the Aubrey news before Deadline did.

So don't think it'll go much past this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 15, 2022 12:20 AM

Are we sure they’re in London? Doesn’t Elton John also have an LA home?

by Anonymousreply 80December 15, 2022 12:45 AM

I think Joe would have been there if this was in LA. We know for sure Will was already back in London because he was working with Kit’s groomer yesterday, Dua had a concert in London a couple of days ago, so I think it’s likely London.

by Anonymousreply 81December 15, 2022 12:54 AM

R80 That’s a fair point it is only an assumption but Bash posted around midnight UK time saying it was a wonderful evening that would only be 4pm in LA and still afternoon so the timing suggests London

by Anonymousreply 82December 15, 2022 12:55 AM

London for sure. Dua wrote on IG three days ago she was going home.

by Anonymousreply 83December 15, 2022 1:01 AM

For what it’s worth Joe just liked the post in the last few min so almost definitely not in the UK. I know we all guessed he was still in America anyway though

by Anonymousreply 84December 15, 2022 1:02 AM

Bash is still up at 2am liking Henry Cavill sad IG post

by Anonymousreply 85December 15, 2022 1:10 AM

Another member of the "Unceremoniously dumped by DC" club.

by Anonymousreply 86December 15, 2022 1:12 AM

R85 sh gotcha. Still guessing he’s in America and they’re online at the same time because they were FaceTiming like the clingy couple they are

Guessing Connor is staying with Bash’s family again? The Crofts seriously seem like the most welcoming people alive

by Anonymousreply 87December 15, 2022 1:13 AM

R87 I think Joe's in LA, Bash is in London yeah.

Wonder how long Connor will stick around. . I'm guess since he just spent a lot of time in Europe recently he won't stay long. This summer he did seem to come into town just to go to Joe's play. A nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 88December 15, 2022 1:28 AM

R88 he’s hard to predict, firstly becaue he seems primarily into writing right now and that can happen anywhere and secondly because he does seem very close to a lot of friends. He lives in Toronto; obviously bash is in London, Joe will be in Atlanta for the next few months. Genuinely would not be shocked to see him make it out for a visit either when bash is there to see them both, or when he isn’t and Joe just wants company.

by Anonymousreply 89December 15, 2022 3:48 AM

I don't think he'll be there longer than 2 weeks because he's likely to go back home to spend Christmas with his mom.

by Anonymousreply 90December 15, 2022 3:52 AM

Connor looked like he already did something with his mother and brother the other week for Xmas. Looked like an early Christmas celebration. They both posted things on their Instagram stories so it could mean Connor is probably spending Xmas in England or he could still head back home.

by Anonymousreply 91December 15, 2022 9:32 AM

Why are Will, Bash and Kit not better dressed for their dinner party with Elton? And is Will not sweating buckets in that jumper.

by Anonymousreply 92December 15, 2022 9:46 AM

The fan theories do make me laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 15, 2022 2:14 PM

The person in the replies mortally offended by the very real possibility that Will and Bash were invited through Kit is cracking me up.

The picture is going viral because of The White Lotus, it's come across my feed via friends with no interest in Heartstopper about 7 times now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Is anyone offended by the fact that bash was invited yet? I can’t think of any celebrities who live in London and close with kit aside these two (+joe) probably nothing to do with heartstopper or the roles they play. It’s about their social circle.

by Anonymousreply 95December 15, 2022 3:13 PM

I find it hilarious that Kit’s got two hands on him lol

by Anonymousreply 96December 15, 2022 3:26 PM

R95 I think they all believe Kit invited him and they genuinely refuse to critique kit for anything, so they’ve been silent. To be clear I think if Kit invited him of course he shouldn’t get shit, he should be free to bring his closest mates if given +1s, but he’s not going to be called unprofessional by the fans the way Joe was for bringing Bash to Brazil (which was genuinely funny)

by Anonymousreply 97December 15, 2022 3:27 PM

My guess would be that Kit and Joe were invited as the leads, and both given a plus one - Joe's being Bash (obv) and Kit's being Will. But then Joe wasn't able to go but Bash went anyway.

Also, was there anyone at the dinner that isn't queer? Will still a maybe, although I'm swinging more towards yes these days.

by Anonymousreply 98December 15, 2022 3:30 PM

I don’t know if James fender is queer

by Anonymousreply 99December 15, 2022 3:34 PM

I think Sam Fender and Andrew Watt are straight? Don't quote me on that, though.

It's super gauche and not done to have a plus one attend a dinner without the actual invitee, so it's still likeliest that they were there through Kit.

by Anonymousreply 100December 15, 2022 3:36 PM

R94 I've seen a few of those jokes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 15, 2022 3:37 PM

It would be awkward for 18 yo boy to be there among them adults so I guess he allowed to brought his friends.

by Anonymousreply 102December 15, 2022 3:42 PM

I wonder how many more of the Brazil interviews are yet to be released? We have one being released on Friday, and at least one more (from the clip that Netflix Brasil uploaded and then deleted).

by Anonymousreply 103December 15, 2022 3:52 PM

*sorry, meant Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 104December 15, 2022 3:52 PM

R94

I've seen those tweets. Those are some high-end gays. Dua you're in danger girl

by Anonymousreply 105December 15, 2022 4:35 PM

Kit and Joe made TVLine’s Performances of the Year list:

[quote]They had us at “hi.” Yep, right from the start of Netflix’s Emmy-winning romance, the teenagers who play Nick Nelson and Charlie Spring so beautifully embodied the tentativeness and fear, hope and euphoria of a crush becoming realized that we found ourselves being swept away like we hadn’t been… well, since the first time we fell in like. And in this age of “Don’t say gay” bills, threats to marriage equality and continued violence against the LGBTQ+ community, the leading men’s work — a feat of remarkable vulnerability — isn’t just admirable, it’s important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 15, 2022 6:02 PM

R106 Very cool. I like that they can just slip 'Emmy winning' into the description now.

by Anonymousreply 107December 15, 2022 6:17 PM

Going through the quote tweets of the Dua tweet that has gotten the most traction and I burst out laughing at this. It really is true that people who aren't in the fandom have no clue about Bash and Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 15, 2022 6:27 PM

This looks like it’s releasing Christmas but it’s cute. They have a really fun dynamic and were still sweet in all these interviews but it’s clear they were fucking exhausted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 15, 2022 6:34 PM

Kit answering with "best friends" and immediately downgrading them to "good friends" when Joe starts calling them besties is killing me.

by Anonymousreply 110December 15, 2022 6:38 PM

R108 lol! To be fair to them though, nothing in social media or indeed events would have you think Joe and Bash are a thing, it’s only old photos or deep diving you see the truth

by Anonymousreply 111December 15, 2022 6:40 PM

This is a slightly longer clip, I appreciate the interviewer asking them about working together again but even if they were they wouldn't be able to tell her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 15, 2022 6:42 PM

R110 haha if you listen what actually happens is Joe quietly says good friends at the same time Kit says best friends; then kit is sort of jokingly offended going “good friends!” While Joe quickly switches to “besties!! Besties!!”

by Anonymousreply 113December 15, 2022 6:49 PM

It’s from here (a little after 12 minutes in), and her post-interview commentary cracked me up. She loved their skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 15, 2022 6:49 PM

R108 at least Bash beat the straight allegations for once

by Anonymousreply 115December 15, 2022 7:02 PM

R106 that’s cool. As much as it’s great for them to get their own things outside of HS and I’m excited for their individual careers, I do like the things that acknowledge them as a pair because while they both definitely acted at a very high level for he writing and subject matter individually, the show REALLY rested on their chemistry and how they played off of one another. Most of their scenes I was rooting for them as a pair and they really sold the cringiness of the script (which to be fair did capture a lot of the awkwardness of first love and crushes) as endearing and compelling together

by Anonymousreply 116December 15, 2022 7:04 PM

While I love Kit and Joe's friendship and watching them grow closer, I wonder if they feel weird about the major investment people have in their friendship and them being close. Not even just fans - it seems to be a common question in interviews, especially in Brazil, where they clearly want Kit and Joe to gush about how great the other one is. I hope that what we do see of their friendship generally is authentic, and never demonstrative - it certainly doesn't seem that way. People on here have talked about fan service and I've never really got that impression, but I hope that in the future they don't feel that they have to play the friendship up because people love it so much.

by Anonymousreply 117December 15, 2022 7:13 PM

R117 Fanservice is crap like doing the tiptoe pretend kiss or drinking out of the same drink, but not their general behavior. I'm assuming that's what people were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 118December 15, 2022 7:20 PM

R117 I think to be honest at the beginning of S1 promo it was more lip service, as they seemed to be mates but not super close, but I do think as they’ve alluded to, going through the sudden rise to fame together and its pitfalls have made them a lot closer. We know there are times they hang out that they never post about (Bash talking about the “come dine with me dinners”, a DL user spotting kit coming from London to Maidenhead the day before Joe’s birthday presumably to hang out with him that night), so while it’s probably a little odd to keep having to reaffirm that they’re close I do think it’s genuine. What they don’t say and I’m sure they want to is that at least some part of the bond is venting to one another and leaning on each other re insane and demanding fans, and through the online hate (queerbaiting for Kit and the constant homophobia and attacks in his looks for Joe). While they’ve gotten the most attention of the cast by a mile, they’ve also had the most intense interest in their personal lives and encountered easily the most shit online (bash second to them, no one else even close) so I can see how that bonds them

by Anonymousreply 119December 15, 2022 7:22 PM

R118 Oh yeah, that's fan service but very blatant and suggested by the photographer etc. But I'm talking about stuff in the past, like being close at Pride, being huggy at the convention and the 'darling' thing - it all seems genuine to me, but there were definitely people on here saying that that was fan service.

by Anonymousreply 120December 15, 2022 7:24 PM

R120 Well darling turns out to be just something Kit does. In general he seems like a pretty touchy feely person. Never met a man is his life he didn't want to carry. Not really fanservice

by Anonymousreply 121December 15, 2022 7:28 PM

R120 I think the piggyback part of Pride was blatant fanservice as it was a recreation of the comic, but things like Kit grabbing Joe for a big hug post homophobes, picking Joe up in the first day of filming video, and smiling really fondly at him and Bash flipping them off, the bickering and banter at the con, etc are pretty genuine. I also think since Day 1 joe has been very respectful and firm of Kit’s right to privacy re his sexuality without ever actually mentioning it’s about Kit, which is very sweet. Re the con, What I actually thought was one of the nicer moments that made me think their friendship was genuine is seeing how in a lot of the con fanpics, Joe seemed to be a little more physically uncomfortable touching the fans - and then a few fans who went in without a pose idea said that Kit suggested poses where the fan was on one side of him and Joe was on the other. Having that awareness your friend is a little uncomfortable and doing what you can to mitigate it is very nice and a sign of legitimately knowing one another and being close

by Anonymousreply 122December 15, 2022 7:29 PM

The Brazil photoshoot was in character, it was captioned “Nick and Charlie in São Paulo.” I’d be surprised if they minded it.

Interviewers asking costars if they’re friends irl is a standard (though potentially awkward) question, but I don’t get the sense Joe and Kit feel the need to play things up. They’ve spoken a lot not just about getting along and being “besties,” but about how much they’ve leaned on one another through the intense highs and lows of the past year. I thought their GQ profile offered some good insight into that side of their dynamic, which struck me as very sincere.

by Anonymousreply 123December 15, 2022 7:41 PM

I don't even think the piggyback ride at Pride was fan service. It feels like more a coincidence, especially in retrospect. You had Tobie carrying Bash at the same event, and now we know that Kit picks up everyone like that (Will, Bradley being the most recent examples).

by Anonymousreply 124December 15, 2022 7:46 PM

Yeah, Joe has always seemed protective of Kit’s privacy (while obviously being careful not to out him). I remember in a Zoom interview he did with Alice a few months back, the reporter asked Joe about the importance of queer roles being played by out queer actors, as a gay man himself, and it almost came across as slightly pointed at Kit. Joe responded by talking about the importance of not pressuring actors, especially at the Heartstopper cast’s young age, to come out, or expecting them to even know who they are yet - emphasizing that having the empathy and understanding needed to portray queer characters authentically is most important, etc.

I also recall Kit bringing up the looks-based bullying Joe’s experienced in another interview, and how upsetting and disappointing he’s found it. They really seem to care for one another and have each other’s backs, which is quite nice

by Anonymousreply 125December 15, 2022 7:49 PM

I think it helps that they each also get along really well with each other’s closest mate of the cast from S1 (Kits being Will and while mate is an understatement, Joe’s being Bash). Kit and Bash have always gotten along and while I don’t think will and Joe ever had any issues, they’ve certainly grown loads closer since the Trials together this summer and seem very fond of one another. Seeing the four of them hang out in a group this past season and the other little breakdowns (Joe Bash and Kit in Brazil; Bash Will and Joe at the Emmys) is nice

by Anonymousreply 126December 15, 2022 8:11 PM

R124 Kit and Joe were playing up Nick and Charlie with the piggyback. Was 100% fanservice.

by Anonymousreply 127December 15, 2022 8:27 PM

People on here really are quick with finding clips etc (no complaints) - I haven't seen any of the main accounts tweeting about that best friends video yet. Admittedly, I might just be missing it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 15, 2022 8:33 PM

They do seem like somewhat tactile friends, maybe because Kit is just that way generally and they’re close. The moment of them swaying together in between fan M&Gs comes to mind (which they also seemed to be doing in the GQ behind the scenes reel), Kit holding Joe in the season 2 announcement video, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 15, 2022 9:05 PM

R129 yeah they’re both pretty tactile. Kit likes to pick everyone up (Joe, but also Bash and Will and Bradley) and everyone loves to pick Joe up (Kit, Bash, Connor, Tobie, Will). Works out well. He’s about 20 lbs, I want to pick him up so I sympathize

by Anonymousreply 130December 15, 2022 9:13 PM

I think actors with obsessive teen fan bases have to tread a very fine line of fan service but not encouraging insane shipping. It must be really annoying at times, especially if they have other halves. Having people constantly tagging you in videos & photos claiming you look so in love with someone else. It’d drive me insane!

by Anonymousreply 131December 15, 2022 9:16 PM

Wonder if they'll spend New Year's together again this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 15, 2022 9:32 PM

They were surprisingly enthusiastic about working together in the future - obviously they wouldn’t be like ‘not a chance’, but I wondered if they might not want to be connected together in future things. Agreed that it should probably be something quite different to HS though. Hulkling/Wiccan looking unlikely but I guess it always was!

by Anonymousreply 133December 15, 2022 10:00 PM

R132 I wouldn’t be surprised, although Joe and Bash might want to spend a fair bit of time over the holidays with Joe’s family on the Isle of Man, especially as he’s moving abroad for a while. Kit hasn’t been with Joe to the IOM yet, has he?

by Anonymousreply 134December 15, 2022 10:03 PM

I don't think any of Joe's non-Manx friends (Kit, Connor, etc.) have been to the IOM. They've all gotten to know his mom when she's been in London.

by Anonymousreply 135December 15, 2022 10:06 PM

He’s either up super early or still on the West Coast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 16, 2022 5:51 AM

not even a new picture damn

by Anonymousreply 137December 16, 2022 5:54 AM

R136 I suspect West Coast, I think Bash would have reposted it by now if they were up early

by Anonymousreply 138December 16, 2022 6:09 AM

R137 let’s be real probably don’t have that many pics of just the two of them where they’re not functionally mauling one another. If they’re trying to keep the birthday posts/their social media generally low key not too many options

by Anonymousreply 139December 16, 2022 6:19 AM

Joe probably had more pictures from that Disney trip alone that he could have posted since the fans didn't see them all over each other 24/7, but for all we know he really likes how Bash looks there.

by Anonymousreply 140December 16, 2022 6:26 AM

Love this. Still wanna know what he was doing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 16, 2022 8:18 AM

Very quiet on the cast birthday front for Bash - doubt they're all still asleep. Would be sweet if a group of them (at least, Bash, Will and Kit) are hanging out and that's why they aren't posting.

by Anonymousreply 142December 16, 2022 11:51 AM

Who knows, though the two closest to him, Connor and Joe, already posted. Though Joe looks to be in LA judging by the time he posted.

by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2022 11:55 AM

R142 kizzy (who doesn’t always post for everyone), Yaz (who posts for no one but Joe), Kit and Will are the only misses I can think of. I think Kit and Will hanging out with him is not unlikely. Sweet that Joe posted from LA at some early hour London time so he’d wake up to it.

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2022 12:01 PM

R144 Tobie, but he just posted

Seems quiet since Joe's birthday he responded really quickly and he and Bash were out and fans saw them several times.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2022 12:33 PM

R145 it’s pretty certain Joe at least was in LA when he posted (have a weird hunch he got a red eye back), honestly Bash might just be a sad sack without him there and not on social media much. More realistically though I’d guess he might just plan to go repost, like, and reply to any posts all at once later

by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Kit came through with a new picture, at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 16, 2022 3:44 PM

R147 Joe's looking pretty. I wasn't expecting a new Joe pic from kit. But thank you kit for your service.

by Anonymousreply 148December 16, 2022 5:16 PM

Not Kit stans editing out Bash of his birthday picture

by Anonymousreply 149December 16, 2022 5:21 PM

R149 there are always idiots, even people neutral in Bash are incredibly exasperated and calling them out

by Anonymousreply 150December 16, 2022 5:41 PM

I've never thought kits fans would become this miserable. He is so nice and successful and there are his fans.

by Anonymousreply 151December 16, 2022 6:09 PM

And people are editing Kit out of it to make it a Joe/Bash picture, who cares either way?

by Anonymousreply 152December 16, 2022 6:09 PM

I think that’s in context of some Twitter mess that’s happening. Probably best to not bring it over here.

by Anonymousreply 153December 16, 2022 6:28 PM

Haven't seen Kit cropped, but not exactly the same as editing out someone completely out of their birthday picture. The effort alone and for someone they hate. Typical shit

Anyway R153 is correct

by Anonymousreply 154December 16, 2022 6:30 PM

The moderators of the Marvel Spoilers subreddit, who have sources, are hearing that Agatha's release is being delayed to January 2025. I was expecting a delay to at least January 2024 because the turnaround time of half a year made no sense to me with how long post-prod takes on Marvel shows and because Echo, which is scheduled before Agatha, was delayed recently, but 2025 is...way later than I expected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 16, 2022 10:27 PM

R155 Wow, flipping heck. Wonder what the reason is? At least Joe should be done with HS in general by then, so he’ll be free to promote Marvel stuff without exhausting himself.

by Anonymousreply 156December 16, 2022 10:31 PM

I hate to say this, but Marvel's been kind of a mess recently. The shows after Moon Knight haven't met viewership expectations and then you have the Blade clusterfuck. They were all set to shoot this fall in Atlanta and at the last minute they tossed the script and the director. Mahershala Ali was announced back in 2019 and word is that he's gotten really frustrated with the entire process.

by Anonymousreply 157December 16, 2022 10:37 PM

Is it? I thought it was Pop Buzz (or something) that is released tomorrow. Then the ‘besties’ one on Christmas Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 16, 2022 11:02 PM

Yeah, POPLine is the one that comes out in around 14 hours, haven’t seen anything about Netflix Brasil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 16, 2022 11:10 PM

Didn’t Netflix Brasil post a little clip of their interview and then delete, or something?

by Anonymousreply 160December 16, 2022 11:14 PM

They did and it’s back up on their TikTok, but no word about anything more.

by Anonymousreply 161December 16, 2022 11:20 PM

R155 That's been going around for a bit. That guy doesn't exactly seem too sure anyway, but wouldn't doubt it. Echo was delayed and still filmed. It's just stuck waiting for a release so I wouldn't doubt if Agatha filming goes on as scheduled or close to it. I don't think it's a Blade situation that's stuck in development hell with the script.

by Anonymousreply 162December 16, 2022 11:26 PM

R155 very weird. I saw that elsewhere yesterday and then when I googled the source, saw that it was critiqued as an awful and unnreputable one so figured it definitely wasn’t true. But I’m guessing mods of the subreddit might be more reputable? Not the biggest deal in the world so long as it’s only delayed and not cancelled but I’m sure a little annoying for Joe

by Anonymousreply 163December 16, 2022 11:35 PM

I saw the initial Giant Freakin Robot report yesterday but didn't bring it over since they're more miss than hit, but seeing it corroborated made me think it was worth bringing over now.

by Anonymousreply 164December 16, 2022 11:51 PM

Don't think there's any danger of it being cancelled. Wandavision is the most popular/acclaimed MCU show. From the sound of it, the show before it got delayed 6 months from summer 2023 to winter 2023 with the exact amount of time it's delayed being pretty vague, so maybe 2025 will be worst case scenario.

Anyway, maybe one day Joe will be seen again in public so we can know what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 165December 17, 2022 12:12 AM

While he’s quite professional and Bash is used to the industry and I’m sure didn’t care, would be annoying to have to miss your boyfriend’s birthday for a project that won’t come out for over two years. But I guess that’s presuming he didn’t come back overnight/today, and it’s obviously worth it to be doing a marvel project. Agreed there’s no danger of cancelling it, both because of Wandavision’s popularity and because scrapping it would also mean likely scrapping young avengers in some capacity given This is the project that is presumably meant to launch Wiccan. A delay of a year (if this is even accurate) pre release that would give him time to book another non Marvel role, or a play, or even just have some downtime would be fine

by Anonymousreply 166December 17, 2022 12:39 AM

Literally no one is even implying that it's being canceled, the talk is about a delay in release.

by Anonymousreply 167December 17, 2022 12:54 AM

Yeah Agatha is not going any where. If anything I think Marvel/Disney would be focused on making sure that it does well considering its a spin off of its most successful show so far

by Anonymousreply 168December 17, 2022 2:22 AM

Fall 2023 felt like very quick turnaround for a show with presumably a fair amount of VFX, but I hope the 2025 rumor isn’t true, that would be absurd.

by Anonymousreply 169December 17, 2022 2:28 AM

Is filming delayed on acoc or is just the release going to be delayed, because just a week ago directors were set and Joes been in LA/Atlanta right? It’ll be interesting to see what happens. Fingers crossed it works out for joe. If not imagine being 19 again and the world literally at your fingertips, he’s got time. I’d like to see him in the next season of house of dragon, wednesday, sandman, an A24 production, a stage play? Lots of options.

by Anonymousreply 170December 17, 2022 6:07 AM

What's being discussed right now is a delay in release, which has been reported on two different sites right now.

Filming has technically already been delayed. The most recent information has them shooting first week of January. There's been nothing to indicate further delays so far.

by Anonymousreply 171December 17, 2022 6:15 AM

Filming’s been delayed, though I think the original plan was for them to do a couple weeks in December and then really kick off in January, so doesn’t seem like much of a delay. And I’d sort of assumed that Joe was still doing some sort of Agatha-related prep in LA/Atlanta right now… though of course always possible he’s been staying in the U.S. for something else work-related?

by Anonymousreply 172December 17, 2022 6:24 AM

2025 is too much, hailee steinfeld who is part of the young avengers is already 26. Their “young avengers” aren’t going to be so young anymore if they push the wiccan introduction that much. Unless they introduce Joe as wiccan in another show/movie in a post credit scene and then we wait for agatha with his official background story.

by Anonymousreply 173December 17, 2022 10:31 AM

To be fair while that would be an insane delay it would give Joe at least some downtime. As is since April,he went from HS1 promo to A levels to a month off, then the play, HS2filming, Brazil for promo, LA for agatha and the Emmys. Even if he’s back now, it’ll be for about 2 weeks or so? Before going to America for 5 months for Agatha and likely coming back to go straight into promo for HS S2 and then filming for HS S3. If agatha was coming out early 2024 he’d pretty likely go straight from the HS set to promo for that. While these are insanely good opportunities and I’m sure he’s glad of the work, that’s a wild schedule for a young actor. Great for him to have these roles and work lined up but doubt he’d mind s month or two of downtime, or doing s play or project in London that’s a bit less time intensive.

by Anonymousreply 174December 17, 2022 11:32 AM

Can someone make a new Sebastian Croft thread? The current one is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 175December 17, 2022 11:42 AM

R175

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 17, 2022 12:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 17, 2022 2:00 PM

R177 Thanks! Love how they built that interview up quite a bit with the tweets and a release time etc, and then it's only 3 minutes long.

by Anonymousreply 178December 17, 2022 2:08 PM

R177 thanks for the link! Joe seemed exhausted. They’re good at not talking over one another in interviews though

by Anonymousreply 179December 17, 2022 2:09 PM

I haven't watched the interview yet, but Joe did seem generally exhausted and a bit anxious in the Brazil interviews - hopefully it's just a tiredness thing.

by Anonymousreply 180December 17, 2022 2:12 PM

Could anyone translate the questions in the interview? I can do it in Google translate if not, but it's a bit of a faff cos you can't copy the text.

by Anonymousreply 181December 17, 2022 2:12 PM

Joe seems like he’s gotten more comfortable in interviews since the beginning of s1 promo when he was a total newbie, though he does more often than not have a slightly anxious energy about him I feel. To be fair the Comic Con crowds really must have been overwhelming, and being in a new country might make things feel more intimidating. And someone else speculated that Joe might have been even more down to the wire filming than Kit, since he appeared to still be in costume in the wrap photo.

by Anonymousreply 182December 17, 2022 2:51 PM

Honestly I got more genuinely tired than anxious from him in this video (haven’t watched a lot of the con videos). May we’ll have just been jet lag as he was quite upbeat and didn’t seem anxious at the Emmys

by Anonymousreply 183December 17, 2022 3:00 PM

I'm getting tired and anxious vibes - quite a lot of fidgeting and clenching his hands etc, plus nervous smiles. Although being exhausted and then having to do interviews could naturally lead to him being more anxious than he would normally be. I feel like he's very different to the way he was at his panel with Kit at the London con - he was a natural in front of the crowd, making them laugh and being fairly outgoing. Whereas in the Brazil interviews, Kit is talking far more and generally taking the lead (probably intentionally as he can sense that Joe is exhausted).

by Anonymousreply 184December 17, 2022 3:04 PM

Joe and Kit both seem good at stepping in when one of them is more tired or nervous, while making sure they each have a chance to speak. They seem very conscientious about that. As has been mentioned, Kit generally seems chattier in interviews but he seems to clam up and defer to Joe at big events.

The way Joe is sitting makes him look even tinier than he actually is.

by Anonymousreply 185December 17, 2022 3:17 PM

Honestly I fully commit to it now. I genuinely love this psycho. He is the most committed attention whore I’ve ever encountered; never seen so little fame go to someone’s head. I hope he milks this HS connection forever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 17, 2022 4:11 PM

Should have been your what now? I…

by Anonymousreply 187December 17, 2022 4:18 PM

Noticed that Kit was looking at Joe pretty frequently in the Brazil interview, it looked like he was checking in with him as to when to take over answering.

by Anonymousreply 188December 17, 2022 4:20 PM

R186 I still can’t believe he actually hasn’t worked on Season 2, he probably never said explicitly he was, but sort of felt like he implied it

by Anonymousreply 189December 17, 2022 4:29 PM

Full version of the picture from POPline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 17, 2022 4:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 17, 2022 4:37 PM

I don’t understand the whole moody and mysterious thing in photos, why can’t they just smile?!

by Anonymousreply 192December 17, 2022 4:39 PM

R192 Lol yeah, Kit is especially bad for that in more personal photos. I imagine it's a teenage thing?

by Anonymousreply 193December 17, 2022 4:43 PM

They both have great smiles but agreed that it’s such a teenage boy thing. Even Will and Bash just stare at the camera sometimes. kit has become a lot more comfortable since fixing his missing tooth. I don’t think Joe should feel any pressure to replace his but I also wouldn’t be surprised that even if he wanted to, his dentist made him wait. His jawline and cheekbones have both gotten even sharper since last year; until he’s certain it’s stopped changing probably best to hold off on dental implants.

by Anonymousreply 194December 17, 2022 4:49 PM

Kit and Joe with one of the interviewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 17, 2022 4:53 PM

R195 She's minuscule! Another interview yet to come out, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 196December 17, 2022 5:10 PM

R195 Joe isn’t exactly short (around 5’9?) but to make him look that tall she must be miniature. Her meeting Will would be hilarious

by Anonymousreply 197December 17, 2022 5:12 PM

Not exactly hugely new information but May end date confirmed. If the way the roles are listed coincides with their importance it looks like while Joe is the lead male, Wiccan is not the primary storyline which to be fair makes sense. wonder if that means he’ll start filming later or end earlier (or perhaps just have tandom weeks off in the middle)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 17, 2022 5:28 PM

Definitely possible, but I wouldn’t extrapolate too much from a fanmade graphic.

by Anonymousreply 199December 17, 2022 6:18 PM

R189 I remember that when that group of hstwt accounts turned on Joe at the end of October Rhys tweeted something about being instructed to stay off Twitter, as though he was privy to some serious conversations about it all among cast and crew… which is kind of hilarious in retrospect.

He also yelled at people not to leak the show (lol) and certainly hasn’t been correcting all the fans in his replies assuming he’s still working on Heartstopper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 17, 2022 6:27 PM

He did make it seem like he was still working on the show. He could also take HS out of his dating app bio if he doesn't want thirsty men to ask for Joe instead. He just wants HS fan attention at this point.

by Anonymousreply 201December 17, 2022 7:17 PM

R201 Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous that he was constantly complaining about people asking about the HS cast on dating apps, and yet he could easily have just removed that info from his bio. He wants the attention and to brag about working on the show, but is surprised when people ask about the cast. He could always just say he works in TV and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 202December 17, 2022 7:20 PM

R201 also lbr, if he’s on Grindr or a hookup app Specifically maybe it’s not nice to be passed over but they don’t owe you shit. I would also want to fuck Joe, he’s hot as fuck. Rhys is not fortunate looking and annoying

by Anonymousreply 203December 17, 2022 7:27 PM

Kit was at the Wasia show and in the audience, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 17, 2022 7:28 PM

Damn, he’s brave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 17, 2022 7:30 PM

R204 His love for Will is strong

by Anonymousreply 206December 17, 2022 7:30 PM

Tobie is also there apparently (someone posted on a private Twitter account). Cori and Brad are together and she’s pretty dressed up. If bash is having a party it’s a pretty formal dress code; seems like they could be going to an event too

by Anonymousreply 207December 17, 2022 7:32 PM

I wonder if Kit is stood with Tobie - surely they wouldn't stand separately. The person who took the photo might not have spotted Tobie too, to include him in the photo.

Also, he really does live in that jacket!

by Anonymousreply 208December 17, 2022 7:44 PM

It looked like Kit was towards the back so I wouldn’t be surprised if he snuck in and out.

by Anonymousreply 209December 17, 2022 7:44 PM

R208 yeah the tweet said “not Tobie and Kit here together supporting Wasia!”

by Anonymousreply 210December 17, 2022 7:46 PM

R209 Yeah, I just saw a tweet that said 'Kit was recognised and then ran for his life' or something, but without context (this person wasn't at the gig). So maybe he just went in to enjoy a few songs and then went backstage - quite a good idea, if so.

by Anonymousreply 211December 17, 2022 7:47 PM

Don’t think this has been posted here - Kit with a fan in London, a few days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 17, 2022 7:51 PM

R210 Joe must be having major FOMO this past week, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 213December 17, 2022 7:52 PM

Video from the concert, you can see Kit and Tobie stood next to each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214December 17, 2022 7:53 PM

With fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 17, 2022 7:58 PM

On the tube, the girl’s reflection as she very obviously takes a picture is making me cringe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 17, 2022 8:09 PM

Second hand embarrassment off the charts

by Anonymousreply 217December 17, 2022 8:13 PM

Oh interesting, I assumed that Kit would avoid public transport nowadays (apart from the train I assume he gets from Croydon to central London).

by Anonymousreply 218December 17, 2022 8:13 PM

R213 I’m guessing Joe is back home - I think Bash would’ve joined Tobie and Kit if he wasn’t, and His sister would’ve posted whatever family meal or hangout they likely had if joe wasn’t there (as she normally posts family meetups without Joe)

by Anonymousreply 219December 17, 2022 8:18 PM

R196 She's the person that conducted the POPline interview.

R219 If the party ends up being tonight, they (or he if it's only Bash) might have stayed back to set up for it.

by Anonymousreply 220December 17, 2022 8:20 PM

This is good to know! This person was standing near them at the back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 17, 2022 8:46 PM

This is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Music seems to be what makes Will the happiest, I wonder if he's ever considered getting into film/tv composing or other musical-adjacent fields?

by Anonymousreply 223December 17, 2022 9:12 PM

R223 between something Bash said and then tried to gloss over at the con and Joe and Kit being s little awkward about the S2 soundtrack I’m guessing wasia project had a song on it. Good for him if so; I’ve listened to none of their music but using the show and Netflix connection that way is smart

by Anonymousreply 224December 17, 2022 9:26 PM

R224 Ah yeah, I didn’t see the Bash thing but actually had a feeling from the Joe Kit interview that Wasia Project could be on there. This show is a very helpful stepping stone for them in general!

by Anonymousreply 225December 17, 2022 9:53 PM

I don't think I'd ever willingly be in a place with a bunch of Heartstopper fans. I would absolutely feel the urge to deck whoever tried to sneak 15+ people ahead of me in a queue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 18, 2022 12:57 AM

Kit is in some random's vlog briefly from when he was in Argentina, at around 7:25. Seems rude to me to start filming a vlog at dinner and to stick to speaking a language a guest can't understand but not my clown, not my circus. It sounds like they did an escape room or something before this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 18, 2022 2:02 AM

R227 Wow, how on earth did you come across that?

by Anonymousreply 228December 18, 2022 7:44 AM

R228 A Maia fan site posted it, I guess they keep track of her friends? I have no clue who the girl in the video is.

by Anonymousreply 229December 18, 2022 7:49 AM

R226 What did the tweet say? The account and tweet no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 230December 18, 2022 7:54 AM

What a backhanded way of standing up to people shitting on Kit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231December 18, 2022 11:05 AM

R231 Ugh, I haven’t seen a single negative tweet about Kit queerbaiting on my timeline (and I’m guessing it’s only one or two people) but an absolute ton of people saying ‘STOP SAYING KIT CONNOR IS QUEERBAITING’. Making sure to draw more attention to a couple of random trolls, and ensuring that the cast are more likely to see it in searches. Good job.

by Anonymousreply 232December 18, 2022 11:50 AM

R232 at this point I think they Must be looking it up to find it. Also pretty sure kizzy, Joe, and bash would feel just fantastic reading about how they’re feminine and less attractive than kit. It’s like it hasn’t occurred to these people that 1. Ignoring random trolls with 0 likes is prob the best move; 2. If you need to defend kit which to be fair has likely been the case in the past, why on earth do you need to drag in 3 other cast members, two gay and one non-binary, to negatively compare their looks and call them not masculine?

It’s especially funny and weird because kit and joe have both jokingly but pretty clearly seriously said that reading a comment that said they weren’t conventionally attractive pre show was extremely backhanded; Joe has said “oh yeah everyone shits on my looks and it sucks”; kizzy has liked a bunch of stuff about how casual transphobia is hurtful and yet all that is disregarded to defend kit against losers he wouldn’t even know existed

by Anonymousreply 233December 18, 2022 12:20 PM

R231 One of the upsides of Kit coming out is that at least people stopped using that argument any time anyone tried to bring up the possibility of Kit not being straight.

by Anonymousreply 234December 18, 2022 2:24 PM

R234 yeah the insistence kit must be straight was a bit odd. But while the queerbaiting shit he went through was not in any way acceptable I don’t know why these losers are beating a dead horse. A bunch of the accounts RT this and similar things had a meltdown the other day over how it was stupid to expect them to call out hate about Joe because it just drew attention to it. To be fair didn’t actually disagree with that, but now they’re tweeting about this nonstop again so that logic of “ignore hate” only applies to Joe I guess. Ironically for the first time I’ve seen in a while, queerbaiting is out of his searches (it’s maia, bi, Joe locke) so if it comes back these morons have only themselves to thank. Also just think saying “he suffers because he’s hotter and more manly” than his costars is extremely rude

by Anonymousreply 235December 18, 2022 2:33 PM

Not to mention neither Joe or Bash are all that feminine. And Bash constantly gets called an ally and people are more likely to think he's dating a random female friend than Joe.

by Anonymousreply 236December 18, 2022 2:38 PM

I know some of you don't read the Bash thread (for shame), but Kit and Joe (in the blue) have both been spotted by FBI DLers at Bash's birthday party. So Joe lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 18, 2022 2:47 PM

Can’t wait to see these screenshots spread around twitter in 5 mins time

by Anonymousreply 238December 18, 2022 3:06 PM

R238 they already have

by Anonymousreply 239December 18, 2022 3:08 PM

Joe for real

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240December 18, 2022 4:59 PM

Not that there was any doubt, but, you can see Tobie in this video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 18, 2022 4:59 PM

R240 Joe looks adorably tiny in that photo!

by Anonymousreply 242December 18, 2022 5:15 PM

R242 every time I see Joe I’m reminded of why the male cast loves carrying him around so much. He is so little

by Anonymousreply 243December 18, 2022 5:37 PM

Joe in a crop top! I wonder why he’s stood there like that with Bash’s mum..

by Anonymousreply 244December 18, 2022 8:42 PM

Prob gave a little speech

by Anonymousreply 245December 18, 2022 8:45 PM

Or presented hole.

by Anonymousreply 246December 18, 2022 8:53 PM

In how many different threads do you plan on obsessing over his hole?

by Anonymousreply 247December 18, 2022 9:58 PM

It’s always fascinating to encounter the rare naive idiots on Twitter who still insist maia and Kit / joe and Bash might just be friends. Genuinely wonder what’ll happen if they’re seen kissing at some point

by Anonymousreply 248December 19, 2022 12:43 AM

I think with Maia and Kit there is room to think maybe they aren't the most serious relationship or if you want to deny it, think they are just good friends who hold hands. I personally kind of lean towards not it's not that serious. Though Joe and Bash are a completely different story. Actually wonder what those type of people thought about Joe and Bash's mom picture at Bash's party. Maybe something like how Joe went up there to tell everyone what a hard worker he was on the set of the show.

And if they see that they'll just say they kiss their bestie all the time.

by Anonymousreply 249December 19, 2022 1:02 AM

R248

One can be possibly denied explained as just not being that serious. If possible it can be described just as a fling there is wiggle room for Kit & Maia if they want too go that route.

When it comes to Bash & Joe those two there is so much there especially before the show came out that you would have to be willfully ignoring all the evidence.

Honestly, if there was ever a leaked photo or some thing of either a couple kissing, the craziest were either explode. They would either be that they must protect the privacy of them, or they would be gloating about how they knew so. That would also be that delusional, people that still wet, explain and ask them being BFFs.

by Anonymousreply 250December 19, 2022 1:42 AM

Nice to see Joe isn’t afraid to use his public Insta to occasionally make his thoughts on certain things known. Fucking Clarkson 😒

by Anonymousreply 251December 19, 2022 1:28 PM

R251 Joe is pretty unabashedly political. Not to make an unfair comparison because Yaz is doing a lot for trans teens just via visibility but it’s funny he’s not getting more of those icon / change maker recognition awards because he posts by far the most about politics, both LGBTQ issues and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 252December 19, 2022 2:25 PM

Didn’t he say he planned to study law had he not got HS? The rest of cast mentioned how intelligent he is in one of their group interviews. I really like how outspoken, intelligent and socially aware he seems to be.

I like to think of myself as a smart, socially aware person. However, if I had money and fame at 18-19 I would have turned into a real cunt lol I think it’s lovely how grounded he seems to be.

by Anonymousreply 253December 19, 2022 2:32 PM

R253 yeah law or journalism. That interview was funny; obviously an interviewer is never going to ask “who’s the smartest” to a bunch of teenagers but that’s basically what they turned the question into and all immediately mentioned Joe.

by Anonymousreply 254December 19, 2022 2:35 PM

Think this was predicted or expected but Kit/his team are (smartly) hanging onto the username even while he stays deactivated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 19, 2022 4:57 PM

R255 Thank god! Can just imagine the absolute mess if someone else took his name and pretended to be him, or something.

by Anonymousreply 256December 19, 2022 5:01 PM

People on here seem to know way more about production than I do. If Kit, finished filming the movie with Maia, around August when would we start hearing about release dates and streaming platforms?

by Anonymousreply 257December 19, 2022 5:28 PM

R257 the film was actually made pre being acquired by a platform. Given the company’s ties to Netflix and Kit’s own ties, I Would guess Netflix have bought it or are in the process of doing so but no idea re release dates.

by Anonymousreply 258December 19, 2022 5:39 PM

Is that quite common? I always assumed you had to have a platform to get the funding

by Anonymousreply 259December 19, 2022 5:45 PM

I have to say, I'm not really looking forward to the press period for Kit and Maia's film. I think some slightly unhinged Heartstopper fans are gonna hate to see Kit being friendly and affectionate in interviews with a) someone that isn't Joe, and b) someone that he's actually dating. I can only imagine it's going to shine much more light on their relationship and people are going to become more invasive - and it'll potentially start the queerbaiting comments up again.

by Anonymousreply 260December 19, 2022 6:06 PM

People who unexpectedly ran into filming ACGGTTAT were told it’s a Netflix movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 19, 2022 6:09 PM

R260 honestly I think a lot of the unhinged fans have either 1. Leaned far into stanning Maia like crazy people (unclear if they’ve ever seen her act) or 2. Insinuated she’s a groomer. Re the Joe element: their actual favourite thing to say now is that you can tell Kit is queer because he clearly has a thing for Will. (Unclear how that’s ok but thinking Joe and bash are dating is unacceptable but whatever). I’m sure some of the usual suspects with 0 likes and 0 followers will say queerbaiting shit again and that idiot fans will amplify instead of ignoring it to “defend” him but tbh if anyone catches shit it’ll be Maia

by Anonymousreply 262December 19, 2022 6:12 PM

Kit posted from Bash’s party - no pics of Joe or Bash which is legitimately a little funny. Will was in fact there

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 19, 2022 6:34 PM

Lol wow, four pics of essentially him and Will in a similar pose/position, and none of Joe and Bash? A tad disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 264December 19, 2022 6:41 PM

Also, who's the guy on the left in the first two photos? Almost looks a bit like Sam, Joe's friend from the IOM.

by Anonymousreply 265December 19, 2022 6:42 PM

Yeah it's Sam roe. Kits dedication to not post Joe is getting funny.( Unless it's work related)

by Anonymousreply 266December 19, 2022 6:44 PM

To be fair I actually do think Bash and Joe were pretty tied to one another throughout the night just given their general conduct and clinginess. If he’s posted with just bash, not joe, I would wonder if he’s trying not to post with Joe outside work, but I’m guessing he just thought he looked best in these photos. I still want a higher quality pic of Joe’s outfit. It’s genuinely funny how much more committed to the theme he was than any of the others

by Anonymousreply 267December 19, 2022 6:48 PM

Maybe Joe took the photos in that case, if Sam was there too? Definitely a shame not to have more of a variety of selfies. Joe and Kit sadly don't seem to take selfies together much.

by Anonymousreply 268December 19, 2022 6:48 PM

Forgive me for being clueless, but, what was the theme? I thought it was just formal dress but, I thinking I was wrong.

Would love some Joe/Bash photos. However , I doubt we will get any due to the ridiculous reaction it gets from fans. Kit looks good. This may sound weird but, he has a great pout.

by Anonymousreply 269December 19, 2022 7:01 PM

Maisie peters did a post that said the dress code was “outrageous glamour”

by Anonymousreply 270December 19, 2022 7:05 PM

Will looks wasted as hell in the last picture.

I don't think it's so much that Kit is "dedicated" to not posting Joe (especially since he posted a new to us picture with Joe and Bash like, 3 days ago) as much as it is that you guys are desperate for someone to post him, which I get. Maybe he'll post a picture with them from the party for their next birthdays.

R269 Him and Joe have the best lips out of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 271December 19, 2022 7:33 PM

R269 not weird, his pout and eyelashes get me every time

by Anonymousreply 272December 19, 2022 7:50 PM

Do we reckon Kit still lives with his parents? I know he said in an interview that he was keen to move out. And will he get a place in London? I'd assume so - although he'll probably stick to the suburbs, for privacy - but I can see him moving to LA at some point in his twenties.

by Anonymousreply 273December 19, 2022 8:10 PM

No clue if he still lives with his parents, but I think it's a given he would get a place in London. I can't imagine him moving to LA. There's no need to.

by Anonymousreply 274December 19, 2022 8:16 PM

His Dark Materials is out. Kit sounds just like he has in the previous two! He doesn’t hugely sound like Kit to be honest. It’s so good, you should all watch!

by Anonymousreply 275December 19, 2022 8:21 PM

R274 I could be totally wrong, but I can just see him fancying that sort of 'cool' lifestyle, and he's probably going to be aiming for the big blockbuster movies career route so it'd make more sense to be there. But if he did move to the US, it certainly wouldn't be for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 276December 19, 2022 8:22 PM

It’s so hard to say with the whole cast because as much as we get a sense of them through interviews etc, we actually don’t know them. Like I would guess re Joe and Bash for instance that they’d both stick around London; if joe had to move to america for work I get the strong sense he’d prefer NY to LA based on how he posted about it, love for the weather, etc but have no idea.

Re Kit: I genuinely wouldn’t be shocked to see him and Will get a place together. They are clearly very close, have comparable budgets (way higher than most kids their age), and both seem to actively enjoy Croydon.

by Anonymousreply 277December 19, 2022 8:36 PM

Is it just me, or does Joe never comment on Instagram these days? I swear I haven’t seen a comment from him on a friend’s post (or something like a Netflix post) in ages.

by Anonymousreply 278December 19, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote]I can just see him fancying that sort of 'cool' lifestyle

I honestly don't get this vibe at all from him?

[quote]and he's probably going to be aiming for the big blockbuster movies career route so it'd make more sense to be there

This isn't true, especially in the post-COVID era. Joe's actually a perfect example of it with how he booked Agatha. With tapes, Zoom auditions, and so on you only would need to fly out towards the end of the audition process. Most shows and movies don't shoot in LA either, so there's no sense in establishing that as a base when you'd be flying out for work anyway. It makes more sense for someone as young as Kit to stay based near loved ones, but even older stars are commonly based outside of LA now.

by Anonymousreply 279December 19, 2022 8:57 PM

Random musings, but I really hope we get Nick and Tori, Nick and Mr Ajayi and Joe and Nick’s mum scenes in season 2. I think Joe and Olivia Colman is pretty much guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 280December 19, 2022 8:58 PM

R278 His main signs of life now are likes. He liked Kit's post but didn't comment. RIP to the thirst comments. At least Connor J. is still out there bullying everyone.

by Anonymousreply 281December 19, 2022 9:01 PM

R280 The actor that plays Charlie’s dad made it seem like he’s worked with Kit so I’m cautiously optimistic about getting Joe and Kit working with each other’s family actors this time around.

by Anonymousreply 282December 19, 2022 9:03 PM

R275 Spoilers, but this part was so sad. This is the scene Kit was on set for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 19, 2022 9:06 PM

R281 Yeah, exactly - I saw the like but lack of comment thing again. Seems to be a thing now. I noticed that Kit barely commented on stuff for a little while after the Twitter drama, but he’s started up again now. Unsure if Joe also stopped commenting when the Twitter bullying happened.

It’s a shame cos his comments are often very entertaining. He seems to have publicly shrunken in general lately. Hope he’s okay in himself.

by Anonymousreply 284December 19, 2022 9:08 PM

R280 the producer liked a comment saying “JOE AND OLIVIA SCENE PLEASE” and then unliked it when fans started posting about it, so guessing it’s happening

by Anonymousreply 285December 19, 2022 9:11 PM

R284 He turned off twitter tagging after the Bash bullshit, but yeah, he hasn't left regular comments in a long time, around August. Honestly wonder if he stopped in part because those usual fans got so pissy about him saying he wanted a travel show with Bash and Kit on a Netflix IG post. It caused a whole ass ordeal for the week. Can't really think of anything else that would make him not comment around that time. In general HS fans were at their peak asshole behavior in the summer so not too surprised if he didn't want to read replies from them.

And no, I don't know this off the top of my head. I'm on that quite that creepy, but that Joe and Bash update account reposts their comments and Joe's stopped in August for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 286December 19, 2022 9:16 PM

Honestly I’m not sure re commenting specifically but overall think Joe spends very little time on his main IG. He’ll go days without liking things (or at least without liking things by any of the people we both follow). Guessing as others have said he wants to keep it mostly professional and personal things will either get thrown up on stories or on his finsta.

by Anonymousreply 287December 19, 2022 9:23 PM

Could be.

Maybe one day he'll be more personal again, but I don't see it anytime soon. This is not a slight against Joe at all, but I am impressed that Kit doesn't seem to give a shit and comments on Maia's posts despite some of the nasty ass comments he's gotten from doing so.

by Anonymousreply 288December 19, 2022 9:44 PM

R288 not to feed into the comparisons (and didn’t take your post that way) but I wonder if distance has something to do with it? Joe is literally always with bash when he posts. Will be interesting to see if when he’s filming Agatha he’s a bit more effusive on social media while Bash is in London or filming somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 289December 19, 2022 9:50 PM

I think part of it is that their relationship, like Kit's comments on her posts, is not that serious.

by Anonymousreply 290December 19, 2022 9:52 PM

From one of the HS Facebook groups

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291December 20, 2022 12:40 AM

R291 thanks! I think a bunch of the more reputable fan sites had said that but more confirmation is always good. I wonder if he’ll have to be in Atlanta the whole time? It sounds like the plot is the coven and then also Billy rather than him actually having as big a role as Kathryn. Getting to end early or have weeks off in the middle would be nice; get the Marvel name and introduce a very popular character without the pressure of the entire show resting on you

by Anonymousreply 292December 20, 2022 12:45 AM

I really don't buy they would delay Agatha until 2025 while still filming in early 2023. Especially to allow Echo, which nobody wants or cares about that character, to go on before it. If the rumors are true, Hulking will also be introduced in Secret Invasion, which should air sometime in the first half of 2023.

I ended up watching Wandavision and Kathryn is the best part of the show and the strongest actor, so I'm happy Joe gets to work with her. Also maybe it's hindsight knowing Billy will return, but the last episode, and a comment he made about liking to be around her, pre-murder attempt, is a pretty nice set up for him to find Agatha for whatever reason.

R292 I think the coven wants Billy, so I'm assuming his part is reasonably big. Also think the coven who breaks Agatha out, so it's possible it's because they want Billy. But you are correct in that the show won't rest on Joe at all. Paul Bettany's was the male lead in Wandavision and his part was not as important as Wanda's (or even Agatha) in the end. Joe might not be needed for the whole 5 months of filming.

by Anonymousreply 293December 20, 2022 1:02 AM

Yep, January's been a confirmed start date (barring another last-minute delay) from the moment it appeared on Production Weekly.

R293 I would say that Echo's going to go out before Agatha no matter what both because it's already done (wrapped back in August) and because it's a show they need to get out there to lead into another one on their Phase 5 slate (Daredevil: Born Again).

by Anonymousreply 294December 20, 2022 1:11 AM

This is very cool - Heartstopper winning in all categories they were included in, I believe. Kit/Nick coming just above Joe/Charlie each time, but at least they always got first and second place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 20, 2022 5:56 PM

R295 Joe really will always be second place in the fanbase, so it’s totally unsurprising in fan voted stuff. I guess cool that enough voted to get them the top two places in it

by Anonymousreply 296December 20, 2022 7:03 PM

Eh, Joe is 11k votes ahead of Kit here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 20, 2022 7:42 PM

R297 That's cool but quite surprising... such a big margin. Also, no clue who the guy in first place is!

by Anonymousreply 298December 20, 2022 7:46 PM

[quote]I swear I haven’t seen a comment from him on a friend’s post (or something like a Netflix post) in ages.

I swear I haven’t seen Joe sitting on Bash's lap in ages.

by Anonymousreply 299December 20, 2022 7:52 PM

R298 Me neither, but I’m assuming he’s a nepo baby from the Fiennes family with that name.

by Anonymousreply 300December 20, 2022 7:54 PM

Kit and Joe made Vulture's list of standout TV performances for the year and the write-up for them really nails it:

[quote]Not a single damn thing about the almost painfully sweet queer YA romance Heartstopper would work without its central pair of performances. The show is lovely — the writing solid, the direction fuzzy and tender, members of the supporting cast all doing their part to round out the world of this British high-school series. But the difference between a just-fine Heartstopper and the dizzy, glowing Heartstopper that actually exists comes down to the work of Kit Connor and Joe Locke. They avoid simple reductions — Locke’s Charlie is sometimes shy and sometimes bold, while Connor’s Nick can be both confident and anxious — and they’re exquisitely, beautifully awkward and warm with each other and controlled without feeling mannered. Rom-coms have the bad reputation of being a plug-and-play genre, and nothing could be further from the truth. Without solid lead chemistry, the whole thing falls flat, and Connor and Locke absolutely nail it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 21, 2022 1:10 AM

Did Will clear off a bunch of posts from his Instagram? It looks like mostly professional posts now.

by Anonymousreply 302December 21, 2022 10:17 AM

I don’t pay close enough attention to Will’s feed to know how many total posts he used to have, but there is a very recent post of him running in Gucci that’s not there anymore. His feed has always been primarily professional, and he doesn’t use social media very often. Maybe he’s always archived personal posts after a few months, or maybe he just did a big clean up and I’m simply not remembering any of the older posts.

by Anonymousreply 303December 21, 2022 11:47 AM

News about Agatha from a reliable source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 21, 2022 1:12 PM

R304 Sounds great. Agatha being Billy's babysitter again has the potential to be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 305December 21, 2022 1:51 PM

R304 oh lord, Joe is about to get a second round of hate re not being Jewish. That said, that's a really cool storyline (and close to the comics). The dynamic between Joe and Kathryn onscreen should be really good; he was really good at playing bitchy and annoyed in The Trials

by Anonymousreply 306December 21, 2022 1:52 PM

R306

Yeah that hate is going to come again unfortunately. It’s not like marvel has done a stellar job at keeping casting comic accurate 100% of the time but 🤷‍♂️.

I really do like how the plot is sounding. I think there is great potential for the dynamic to be great and I want to see a bitchy/sarcastic role from Joe and looks like this would be excellent.

What would really killme is if Kathryn refers to Joe as an annoying Twink, like Agatha does in the comics to Billy.

by Anonymousreply 307December 21, 2022 1:57 PM

Most people who whine about him not being Jewish actually just want someone they find hotter in the role or their own fan cast. I have yet to see someone they want cast that would be better than Joe acting or looks wise. The hate never stopped anyway. And will go away for the most part when the show comes out.

If they want to shit on someone it should be Disney/MCU, not the actor when the casting call said zero about being Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 308December 21, 2022 2:02 PM

R307 honestly that's such an iconic line I think they'll throw it in. They seem to be leaning hard into the campiness and appealing to gay and female watchers so I don't think they'd be scared off. Joe is so naturally witty; I know that doesn't always translate well to acting but after seeing the play I think he'll pull it off for sure.

by Anonymousreply 309December 21, 2022 2:02 PM

This is really cool. If true 1. What an insane cast 2. Explains part of Joe’s 2 weeks in LA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 21, 2022 3:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311December 21, 2022 6:49 PM

This is the gayest cast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 21, 2022 7:05 PM

Gays and gals only. No wonder the MCU fanboys are crying about how unnecessary the show is.

And apparently Will is no longer mentally dating Kit Connor and removed the post

by Anonymousreply 313December 21, 2022 7:09 PM

R313 I doubt this is why but fans have been REALLY weird about them recently. The same people having breakdowns about how wrong it is to say Joe and Bash are dating say you can tell Kit is queer because he’s “clearly crushing on” Will and make a lot of weirdo comments and tweets about it.

by Anonymousreply 314December 21, 2022 7:18 PM

I agree with you in that I don’t think that’s it, Will cleared off more posts than that one and he was wearing the shirt in an Instagram Story a couple of days ago. Plus, Kit posted a carousel of pictures of them yesterday, same day it looks like Will did his purge.

by Anonymousreply 315December 21, 2022 7:27 PM

R315 oh yeah, the comment on fans was more as an aside. The same account that will tweet “reminder: shipping real people is wrong!!” Re Joe and bash will then turn around and say kit is “begging” to date will, when both of them I’m prettt sure have real life GFs. Doubt it phases them but quite funny

by Anonymousreply 316December 21, 2022 7:40 PM

R313

I can’t wait tbh. They really are going for gay and camp and i am here for it

by Anonymousreply 317December 21, 2022 8:03 PM

I don't think any of them care that much about the shipping stuff when it's coming from the fans. We know Kit's seen it because he saved that one TikTok video yet he's continued to be touchy with Joe, the Will and Kit stuff also goes back a while and they've continued flirting and wearing shirts of each other, and so on.

by Anonymousreply 318December 21, 2022 8:34 PM

Guess the December break she kept going on about is over early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319December 21, 2022 9:25 PM

New/old video of Kit talking about the first shoot he had with Joe, hanging out the cast, working in Slough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 21, 2022 9:54 PM

R320 he (and joe too actually) is so likable in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 321December 21, 2022 10:13 PM

What’s with the gatekeeping thing that fans do? So irritating.

by Anonymousreply 322December 21, 2022 10:13 PM

R320 I wonder if Kit’s bi awakening was watching Normal People? And that’s why it means so much to him. I also suspect (and he may even have said this) that he really relates to Connell’s social situation - finding himself unexpectedly popular despite being quite shy, and not feeling like he really fits in or deserves popularity. He said that he channelled some of Connell’s story into Nick so I wouldn’t be surprised if he also personally relates.

by Anonymousreply 323December 21, 2022 10:30 PM

It’s stupid, just throw a watermark on it if you’re worried about people reposting it.

by Anonymousreply 324December 21, 2022 10:31 PM

Did Joe randomly deactivate and reactivate his Twitter? He dropped 650K followers which is insane

by Anonymousreply 325December 21, 2022 10:39 PM

Kit’s incredibly charming and articulate in those sort of one-on-one interviews. Seems far older than eighteen. The women from that podcast kept saying how lovely he was when he left.

by Anonymousreply 326December 21, 2022 10:41 PM

R325 Some fans are saying that Twitter had unfollowed him and they had to refollow.

by Anonymousreply 327December 21, 2022 10:45 PM

R327 that’s extremely weird and annoying; he barely uses it but if Twitter doesn’t fix it his PR will likely (rightfully) be pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 328December 21, 2022 10:47 PM

Seeing the plummet in real time is crazy, what the hell? Is he the only verified account experiencing that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329December 21, 2022 10:58 PM

R329 has to be a glitch; doubt he’s the only one experiencing it. Should be a relatively simple fix I’m guessing? Just have all the accounts that unfollowed him within the last ~24 hours auto refollow. Once his PR flags it (and fans are tweeting about it so they’ll likely see tomorrow), I’d guess it’ll be simple

by Anonymousreply 330December 21, 2022 11:00 PM

Seems like a weird glitch, but find it hard to believe he could deactivate for even 1 second without fans noticing that he did

by Anonymousreply 331December 21, 2022 11:01 PM

If it was just a glitch, no accounts would unfollow him - the number would drop but everyone who followed him would remain doing so. (That’s likely what happened to bash re trump: he followed him likely to laugh or be informed before he got banned and when the account was brought back it brought back all his followers). This seems like an actual glitch but a really odd one

by Anonymousreply 332December 21, 2022 11:03 PM

Some weird shit going on. He randomly went down to 200 followers, then back to 300k then back down to 200, then back to 300k before going back to his normal 800k and back to 300k and that goes back and forth a bit. Who knows what the fuck is happening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 21, 2022 11:22 PM

R321 agreed! I’m looking forward to press for season two, to get more of these type of interviews, both solo and as a cast.

by Anonymousreply 334December 22, 2022 12:02 AM

His follower count is back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 335December 22, 2022 12:22 AM

Joe followed Dylan Geick on Instagram. Think he'll subscribe to his OF?

by Anonymousreply 336December 22, 2022 3:25 AM

R336 that’s truly so random and funny. Normally I’d guess a thirst follow but joe is a little neurotic (understandably) about social media so probably not. Wonder why

by Anonymousreply 337December 22, 2022 3:33 AM

I'm going through Dylan's posts now and it might actually be a thirst follow. Joe's been liking some of his posts for a while (Nov 17, Oct 30, Oct 27 [Tobie liked that one, too], June 8).

by Anonymousreply 338December 22, 2022 3:44 AM

Went back further and he's been liking a ton of his posts for years, going back to at least 2017. Stopped scrolling back after a while. Bash better hit the gym.

by Anonymousreply 339December 22, 2022 4:08 AM

R338 that’s actually hilarious

by Anonymousreply 340December 22, 2022 4:31 AM

He’s been thirsting after him since he was 14? That’s so funny.

by Anonymousreply 341December 22, 2022 4:37 AM

If he’s randomly Hulk Ling I’ll laugh my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 342December 22, 2022 4:40 AM

I considered that for a split second but he's too old, doesn't act, and isn't really what Marvel goes for when casting.

by Anonymousreply 343December 22, 2022 4:48 AM

R343 oh I was joking. Given Bash thirsts after Timothee on main my guess is neither is phased by the others side attractions and both are pretty secure in the relationship. It’s not as strong as bash’s almost concerningly specific type, but if Joe’s thing since 2017 has been slim but muscular brunette somewhat tan guys, Bash fits in well.

by Anonymousreply 344December 22, 2022 4:52 AM

Someone hunt down Joe's other thirst likes. I want to know if he even has a type or if he's usually into more muscular, conventionally attractive men and Bash is an outlier.

by Anonymousreply 345December 22, 2022 5:01 AM

R345 he thirst commented about Ben platt once. I think he likes hairy brunette slightly older guys and like most sane twinks enjoys someone muscular. Bash is gorgeous, bigger and stronger than him, insanely charismatic and clearly head over heels. Being into bash doesn’t seem like an outlier situation

by Anonymousreply 346December 22, 2022 5:08 AM

He follows Farmer Ben. Hairy older farmer who is sometimes shirtless for no reason. Maybe Joe just really likes organic vegetables though

by Anonymousreply 347December 22, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote]Ben platt

[quote]insanely charismatic

Another point for the outlier column.

by Anonymousreply 348December 22, 2022 5:19 AM

R347 I can tell he's really into those vegetables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 22, 2022 5:22 AM

Ugh Dylan Geick, you can do better than that Joe! He’s hot, I’ll give you that but he’s such a twat. If you have a scale of Joe valuing his privacy online, Dylan is at the complete opposite end!

by Anonymousreply 350December 22, 2022 12:53 PM

don't worry. twitter will read this thread and post about him following him and spread it around and Joe will probably unfollow just like with the gay nightclub

by Anonymousreply 351December 22, 2022 12:58 PM

New cast snippet. Will is actually very likable. Joe is adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 22, 2022 1:04 PM

R352 He's cute.

Will is pretty unintentionally funny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 22, 2022 1:15 PM

Will made me chuckle in that video! I think he’s my fav.

by Anonymousreply 354December 22, 2022 3:04 PM

Joe is absolutely adorable and so very likeable.

Will is dry and funny and I see why he and Kit hit it off right from the start.

Kit’s answers were a little underwhelming but that happens.

by Anonymousreply 355December 22, 2022 3:09 PM

R355 kit gets stuck with questions he feels awkward answering I think. He probably did actually have a worst gift in mind and didn’t want to call it out so just went “um… pants?”

Will is super laidback but still very likable onscreen i agree. And I think Joe is the most versatile interviewer of the bunch - he and Kit are both great in standard or “serious” interviews but I think he is slightly better at more lighthearted and funny ones (he was also the most at ease at Joe Lycett’s thing). I’d love to see him on Graham Norton, either for HS or for Agatha.

by Anonymousreply 356December 22, 2022 3:16 PM

While that clip was cute, I hope the main interview (from fan questions) isn't the same format - it's much better when they're together (even in smaller groups) than one on one, so they can play off each other. I wonder if they'll release it on Christmas Day or something?

by Anonymousreply 357December 22, 2022 3:28 PM

Same. Being together also helps if they can't answer the question or get stuck. The orange thing was funny mainly due to how awkward he was trying to come up with an answer

Obviously Joe is really adorable, but Yaz comes across really well there too. I know we rag on her sometimes, but she does seem very grateful for everything and like a sweet person

by Anonymousreply 358December 22, 2022 3:38 PM

R358 agreed. If they’re going to keep it mostly to the main 4 while I love Joe and Kit’s dynamic I’d love them to shake it up. Yaz clearly adores Joe and he’s her favourite castmate, plus Kit and Will are best mates, so those are obvious duos, but even Joe and Will seem a lot closer post Trials and Yaz and Kit seem to enjoy hanging out when at the same events. Would be fun to see more dynamics.

What I really would love but we’ll never get is Joe and bash in the same interview

by Anonymousreply 359December 22, 2022 3:43 PM

R352 Oof, it's gong to suck if this is how the entire cast interview Netflix kept teasing is done with them separately and spliced together. I wonder if it's the main 4 and no one else, because that's not the vibe I got from Netflix's tweet asking for questions.

Pants are what people in the UK call underwear, right?

R359 I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would rather avoid a Joe and Bash interview because people already try to make Joe's answers about Bash to begin with. But, like you said, I don't think we'll get it because I was expecting this to be that but the cast members are not even in the same room?

by Anonymousreply 360December 22, 2022 4:17 PM

R360 it’s also not a natural pairing when it comes to the characters on the show, the couples being paired together makes sense and also the friends within the show makes sense, but the protagonist and the lead make no sense to the casual viewer

by Anonymousreply 361December 22, 2022 4:30 PM

Kit and his trusty jacket with a fan in London (_borzacchinitommaso on Instagram).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 22, 2022 4:31 PM

R360 r361 to be clear I meant in a panel sense (ex: Joe. Yaz, cori, Bash and Kit, Will, Kizzy, Tobie), I agree just the two of them would make zero sense! Even the panels seem unlikely though.

by Anonymousreply 363December 22, 2022 4:33 PM

Please people making Joe's answers about Bash is the least of the problem if they got interviewed together. People would start crying about victim and abuser and being triggered to see them in a HS related interview because Ben is the literal devil. . Best to not do it.

by Anonymousreply 364December 22, 2022 4:39 PM

I’m guessing Connor J has gone home?

by Anonymousreply 365December 22, 2022 8:21 PM

You’ve got to hand it to him he’s one hell of a friend flying in to see Joe in his play for the weekend and the same for Bash’s birthday.

by Anonymousreply 366December 22, 2022 8:36 PM

They should really go see him in Canada one day

by Anonymousreply 367December 22, 2022 8:51 PM

R366 the threee of them genuinely have a really sweet friendship

R367 if he’s not working I can see Joe heading to him or him to Joe when he has a few day stretch off. It’s only a 2 hour flight

by Anonymousreply 368December 22, 2022 8:52 PM

Another Brazil interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 22, 2022 9:01 PM

Congratulations to Kit for winning Best Acting on Grindr!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370December 22, 2022 9:02 PM

Resume worthy!

by Anonymousreply 371December 22, 2022 9:03 PM

R369 I think this is another clip from the interview being released on Christmas Day? Not sure there’ll be much left to release at that point, based on the length of the other Brazil interviews.

by Anonymousreply 372December 22, 2022 9:59 PM

R369 Lol I swear she says ‘I always see the chemistry between you’… cheeky.

by Anonymousreply 373December 22, 2022 10:06 PM

It cracks me up that in R352 you have Kit in an outfit he's worn before, Joe in jeans and a nice jumper, etc. and Yaz is wearing the same Gaultier jumpsuit that Rina Sawayama wore on Graham Norton last week. She really is the high fashion breakout of the show.

R370 Want to add that Kit winning on Grindr after some people kept insisting that Kit/Heartstopper was a frau thing is very funny.

R373 I clocked that, I appreciate that it got us a different answer from most other interviews they do.

by Anonymousreply 374December 22, 2022 10:27 PM

It doesn't look like much, but Joe's simply nice jumper cost 600 dollars .

by Anonymousreply 375December 22, 2022 10:43 PM

I know, it's a JW Anderson jumper. Will's jumper is YSL and around $1k. Kit has the most affordable jumper, Far Afield Alfaro at $150. It's more a commentary on RTW versus a more runway look.

by Anonymousreply 376December 22, 2022 10:48 PM

Looks like Joe deactivated his Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 377December 23, 2022 12:31 AM

Absolutely sucks that both leads are gone from Twitter, but I don't blame them. Will miss the meme wars.

by Anonymousreply 378December 23, 2022 12:34 AM

R378 honestly makes me wonder if a little more is going to be announced soon re his role or if he just doesn’t want to deal with the bullshit while filming Agatha. Once wiccan is confirmed he’s going to get it from two directions, those insistent that he’s an anti semite for playing a Jewish character and those who just like to pile on and call him ugly. Landing the role is insane; I have a feeling the show and he will be very well received. Best he revels in that in real life, no need to stay on an app that blatantly prefers your costar but also calls his gf a predator, acts like your boyfriend is a criminal, and shits on your looks and character constantly.

by Anonymousreply 379December 23, 2022 12:48 AM

Maybe deleting his account permanently was a New Year’s resolution.

by Anonymousreply 380December 23, 2022 12:49 AM

I’m guessing his team will, like kits team, reactivate for a split second every month before deactivating again so as not to release the Twitter handle. Probably smart and for the best; while they wouldn’t be to blame if their dumb fans fell for a scam good to avoid all that and hang onto the handle in case.

by Anonymousreply 381December 23, 2022 12:52 AM

Heartstopper came in 2 for Best Show on Grindr. I hope that these honors are being celebrated in the cast group chat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382December 23, 2022 3:10 AM

R377 I really hope it wasn’t cos he’d been back lurking on Twitter and seen bad stuff - hopefully he had just been meaning to deactivate for a while.

by Anonymousreply 383December 23, 2022 8:17 AM

I'm fairly certain it's a repeat of the Kit situation, where they'd had enough for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 384December 23, 2022 9:37 AM

The timing on it is good too. Both he and Kit chose to pull the trigger after posting something unrelated and lighthearted on IG earlier than day, presumably to minimize drama and speculation (or maybe that’s a coincidence). Either way because the fanbase is insane, Joe deactivating at other times even just because he genuinely felt like it would have led to stupid speculation. He deactivates right around when the Bash Trump supporter idiocy started - “he’s supporting Bash again”; he deactivates after the Emmys “he’s a sore loser”. Good for him. Agree with 384 that he’d probably wanted to do it for a while; he hasn’t liked or posted anything since supporting kit and the Agatha casting news and he removed the ability to tag him in photos on there the same time. Probably got sick of it and figured a clean break was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 385December 23, 2022 9:41 AM

Joe seems as genuinely flabbergasted bu how insane the Agatha casting is as everyone else. It’s so nice to have such star power around him. Also classic Bash, liking the post as soon as Joe links it.

by Anonymousreply 386December 23, 2022 11:08 AM

I think Joe probably took the decision to deactivate a while ago and now is about timing. There’s no particular drama beyond the usual muttering, he posted a happy personal Instagram shortly before as others have said just like Kit, and it’s Christmas so people are distracted. It feels like a long term plan enacted as low key as possible.

I do now wonder if the Wiccan announcement is close and that also fed the timing knowing he will suddenly gain a lot more followers and a certain amount of backlash.

Either way I feel it is a good decision it’s just sad that social media, and twitter in particular, is such an unpleasant place and brings out the worst in so many

by Anonymousreply 387December 23, 2022 12:13 PM

Not to worry, all, Joe may be gone from Twitter but that Maira girl is back.

by Anonymousreply 388December 23, 2022 1:57 PM

Well fuck

by Anonymousreply 389December 23, 2022 2:19 PM

Well, that’s very unsurprising but let’s not bring her craziness in here (unless it’s especially fascinating or relevant).

by Anonymousreply 390December 23, 2022 2:51 PM

There may be a leak spoiling that Joe is Wiccan, but there's unlikely to be an announcement outside of a convention or a Disney event.

by Anonymousreply 391December 23, 2022 4:55 PM

Joe apparently blocked a fan on IG. All they did was send him a message saying thankfully he's alive and then kept remaking accounts over and over again to follow him. They can't figure out why he might block them. It's a real mystery.

I know some of this shit is age, but not all of it. This show just really seems to attract the socially inept and the chronically online. A bad combo to have to deal with.

And speaking of blocking, not surprised that person came crawling back when Joe left. No longer has to pretend she's not blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392December 23, 2022 6:15 PM

R392 Hmmm, this doesn't quite ring true to me. With all the crap Joe gets online, is he really gonna block someone because they sent him one message (that wasn't insulting him)? Which he probably wouldn't see anyway because it'd just end up in his message requests. Either this person did way more than that, or they're talking out of their arse and they aren't blocked at all.

by Anonymousreply 393December 23, 2022 6:23 PM

I'm guessing the wording of their message might have been unnerving, but I don't like the idea of Joe going through his filtered messages to begin with. Who knows the shit he gets sent? The part of the multiple blocked accounts rings true, Instagram has a feature that gives you the option to block all other accounts made by a person when you block one of their accounts.

by Anonymousreply 394December 23, 2022 6:33 PM

R393 Yeah, he wouldn't get DMs from someone he doesn't follow. I'm assuming she's lying about what she did or is making up some story for attention (though I feel she'd use Kit instead?) Just looking at her posting history and she's weird as hell and is constantly asking questionable things and has wild stories. Though has never posted in any HS subreddit before.

Could be a glitch though IG does have a new feature if you are blocked new account you make also gets blocked.

by Anonymousreply 395December 23, 2022 6:33 PM

R393 my weird crapshoot theory is I looked at that girls post history to see how judgmental it was fair to be (is she like, 30 or 14 basically) and she’s 16. I’m genuinely wondering if it might be the same maira girl he blocked on Twitter. Same age, same weird projection onto him, same creepy willingness to not take the hint and accept the block

by Anonymousreply 396December 23, 2022 6:34 PM

I hate that I even recognize this, but the grammatical patterns don't match Maira. Maira makes...distinct grammar choices in her writing. I also think she would have asked someone in her little group rather than make a Reddit post.

by Anonymousreply 397December 23, 2022 6:38 PM

*crackpot theory rather!

by Anonymousreply 398December 23, 2022 6:38 PM

R396 Not sure if it's the same girl, though all her posts are about an ex-boyfriend who has moved on and not being able to get over a crush and then a post about Joe blocking her. I'm assuming in her demented mind she thought she was dating Joe.

I also really hope he's not reading filtered messages on IG

by Anonymousreply 399December 23, 2022 6:44 PM

Kind of surprised how low the numbers are on Joe's birthday post for Bash, even with Bash having posted one of the three pictures already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 23, 2022 8:17 PM

R400 There's a chance that some people scrolled past it, thinking it was the same Bash post, as it had the same main photo.

by Anonymousreply 401December 23, 2022 8:18 PM

R401 that’s exactly what happened to me - I didn’t realize till I came to DL that Joe had posted.

by Anonymousreply 402December 23, 2022 8:48 PM

Wonder who’ll do a happy birthday post for Cori? Leila’s little laughing video was very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 403December 24, 2022 11:59 AM

By post, I mean story.

by Anonymousreply 404December 24, 2022 12:00 PM

R403 I’m a little surprised Joe and Kit haven’t.

by Anonymousreply 405December 24, 2022 1:01 PM

R405 There’s still time - although I don’t get the impression that either of them are ultra close to her. Though there may be an element of ‘we’ve wished these cast members happy birthday on Instagram so it’ll look weird if we don’t do it for everyone’, so I reckon they will. Kit even wished happy birthday to Bradley, the newbie.

by Anonymousreply 406December 24, 2022 1:04 PM

Just kidding, Kit posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407December 24, 2022 1:07 PM

Thought it was funny how Alice & co. blurred out the show’s code name from all of their wrap posts and Tobie went and posted it a couple of weeks later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408December 24, 2022 1:13 PM

Joes posting for birthdays is very random; he’s obviously very close to Yaz but didn’t post for hers but did for Rhea. I think Bash, Kit, and Tobie are the only ones he’s certain to post

by Anonymousreply 409December 24, 2022 1:19 PM

I think he’d probably post for Will too, especially post-Trials.

by Anonymousreply 410December 24, 2022 1:22 PM

Joe’s post for Cori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411December 24, 2022 2:25 PM

Joe and Kit interview with Cinescape - around 36 minutes in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412December 24, 2022 4:59 PM

Joe and Kit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413December 24, 2022 5:09 PM

*wrong link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414December 24, 2022 5:10 PM

R412 This was a great interview! Sounded to me like Kit was hinting at stuff like the hickey with his talk of Nick and Charlie being much more comfortable with each other.

R414 That's our first clear look of them in uniform, right? I think they both look different/older, but not super dramatically so.

by Anonymousreply 415December 24, 2022 5:15 PM

R414 I know Joe is a fan and told them to be brutal but damn, hope he’s able to laugh off their video. Within the first 8 minutes they bring up his eyebrows and call it a unibrow (twice), that he’s pasty, make fun of the way he stands, his acne, and that he has “Huge ears”. Fairly brutal!

by Anonymousreply 416December 24, 2022 5:35 PM

R416 WOAH, flipping heck. That's insane. Are they similarly brutal with Kit?

by Anonymousreply 417December 24, 2022 5:48 PM

R416

Yeah I love Trixie & Katya but damn they really did not hold back.

by Anonymousreply 418December 24, 2022 5:53 PM

R417 I’ve continued watching (only about 20 min in) and no, no comments on his looks. 3 on joes eyebrows though.

The direct most brutal quote is them saying when confronting Ben he should have gone “Yeah I have a unibrow and yeah I have HUGE ears and yeah I’m pale and yeah I have active acne, BUT”

by Anonymousreply 419December 24, 2022 5:54 PM

R417 You already know they weren't

by Anonymousreply 420December 24, 2022 5:56 PM

I honestly starts to feel bad for Joe. Like it's not just random people making fun of how he looks but people he actually likes too. That's brutal

by Anonymousreply 421December 24, 2022 5:57 PM

It's one thing to rip apart the story, or the acting, but, his looks in such detail seems a bit harsh to me, especially seen as they literally didn't comment on anyone else's looks at all, not even a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 422December 24, 2022 6:00 PM

He might genuinely not mind this but putting Trixie and Katya aside, I’m shocked netflix let this go out. Normally their reactions reslly make fun of the movie/show and maybe tease appearances but in a positive way (ex: saying in a movie Tanner was in that he’s too hot to play a loser and making fun of the wig they made him wear). Literally every joke about Joe was solely about innate physical appearance, and given netflix had obviously seen the GQ body dysmorphia article it’s wild to me they put this out, if for no other reason than PR

by Anonymousreply 423December 24, 2022 6:00 PM

Also I'm sure when he said rip them to shreds. I'm sure he meant show and not his goddamn looks

by Anonymousreply 424December 24, 2022 6:02 PM

Oh good there’s a third eyebrow mention. In the scene Nick tells Charlie that he’s different from his friends (in a good way) they go “ “my friends aren’t like you… they have 2 eyebrows.” Happy Christmas Eve, Jesus

by Anonymousreply 425December 24, 2022 6:03 PM

Just finished this, this would have been fucking hilarious to me without the stuff about Joe’s appearance, but I kept being pulled out of it whenever they mentioned something about it.

by Anonymousreply 426December 24, 2022 6:06 PM

Wow, I'm not sure I wanna watch it now. To rip Joe's looks to shreds and no one else's seems totally out of order - they must have some awareness of all the looks-based bullying he's been receiving online?

by Anonymousreply 427December 24, 2022 6:08 PM

R426 that’s how I felt - the first mention of his brows was odd but I thought fit with their humour. They called it a unibrow but then said “legit if you have one, keep it, work it” so that vaguely positive if mildly mocking thing. Even the feet turning out where they said “why is he doing a plie in the locker room”, genuinely don’t think they realized it was his natural stance. But the constant eyebrow ears and acne comments were the meanest I’ve ever seen them in one of these reaction videos, which is wild given Joe is so young, HS is (probably rightfully) billed as such an important queer show, and this was meant as a lighthearted Christmas video. When you’re nicer to the Addison Rae remake of She’s all That than you are to this gay actor who was 17 in all the scenes they’re watching… it’s not ideal. Maybe Joe won’t give a shit, who knows, but as a PR and general kindness move it was legitimately mean, especially given 0 other cast members got any looks comments

by Anonymousreply 428December 24, 2022 6:11 PM

Not sure if anyone is still keeping up with Sof on TikTok, but she is doing Smash or Pass with Disney characters. came across Hercules and said she would have said yes a year ago, but he reminds her too much of her ex. There's a big fan casting push for Kit to play Herc so it makes you wonder...

by Anonymousreply 429December 24, 2022 6:13 PM

Really, really hoping that they at least had Joe watch this ahead of time to make sure he was fine with it. Absolutely hate the idea that he may have been blindsided on Christmas Eve. Or maybe he won't care, but the GQ quotes are still pretty fresh in my mind.

R427 They ragged on Tao's hair a couple of times, but to me that's not equal to ragging on Joe's ears since that's something you can only really change with surgery. The unibrow thing wouldn't have been as bad to me on its own, but the combination of the unibrow, ears, and complexion being dragged was a lot.

R429 I never followed her, but I'm looking at her account now and I can see why she's alluding to Kit, everyone stopped giving a fuck about her and she's barely getting views on her stuff now. Clout chaser.

by Anonymousreply 430December 24, 2022 6:14 PM

R429 don't follow her, but out of boredom watched it and she also said she didn't like gingery men. All three videos had vague but obvious mentions of Kit. Whatever happened between them, Kit obviously didn't do anything wrong since she'd for sure tell everyone about it. She's just bitter and attention seeking

by Anonymousreply 431December 24, 2022 6:19 PM

R429 I saw that, genuinely funny. I legitimately have always thought she and Kit dated or at least were “a thing” and even had sympathy that it must sting to see your ex go from denying you’re dating to being all over his new gf (Maia) in public in under a month. However her relentless clout chasing AND the castmates kit is closest to unfollowing her promptly on Twitter makes me think she’s hardly some poor wronged woman. I do think it’s clearly a Kit allusion.

R430 I think you have a fair point about letting him watch it in advance. For all we know I suppose they made comparable jokes about others (I doubt it but maybe) and they just asked for them to be cut, and Joe is just more laidback and sees it as a comedy performance. Hopefully that’s the case

by Anonymousreply 432December 24, 2022 6:21 PM

Imagine if they'd picked up on Kit's missing tooth (which admittedly is hard to spot in the show)? I very much doubt Kit would be okay with that. For them to only pull apart Joe's biggest looks-based insecurities gives me the ick. If they didn't show something that harsh to the cast in advance then something's very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 433December 24, 2022 6:27 PM

R432 I think it's also been mentioned on here that her brothers still follow Kit. I agree, it's pretty telling that the purge was one-sided.

R433 I will say this, they were complimentary about Joe's teeth and smile so they might not have cared either way about Kit's missing teeth either.

by Anonymousreply 434December 24, 2022 6:33 PM

R434 Oh thank god, at least they didn't go for his missing tooth too.

by Anonymousreply 435December 24, 2022 6:36 PM

Sof was/is definitely a clout chaser, there was a video on her tiktok not sure if it's still there where Kit literally walked past in the back, blink and you miss it type thing and she tagged him, which of course made it appear for anyone searching him on tiktok. I'm curious as hell what happened there, but, don't think she'll ever tell, she'll just alude to it until the end of time.

by Anonymousreply 436December 24, 2022 6:40 PM

R436 Looks like it’s still there, it’s the 2nd pinned video, the one with 1.3M views.

by Anonymousreply 437December 24, 2022 6:47 PM

Joe shared the video on Instagram, so hopefully that means a) he's seen it, and b) he's survived.

by Anonymousreply 438December 24, 2022 6:48 PM

R412 Love Joe silently wetting himself after the 'handsome Nick' comment, and Kit's awkward giggle.

by Anonymousreply 439December 24, 2022 6:54 PM

R438 He sounds enthusiastic and linked the whole thing, so odds are good IMO.

by Anonymousreply 440December 24, 2022 6:56 PM

R439 Kit's "I wouldn't say that" was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 441December 24, 2022 6:59 PM

R436 She'll never say since it probably isn't that interesting. They were teenagers and broke up. She probably wanted to keep using him for attention and he just cut it off. Though I can understand being a bit bitter when he's seen holding hands with another girl publicly while he wouldn't acknowledge her. Also seems like the HS cast kind of instantly took a liking to Maia as well. Must string a bit!

R438 I'm assuming he's all right with it but their humor is pretty lame. Like really went for the easiest jokes there. Personally not my kinda thing, but you do you Joe.

by Anonymousreply 442December 24, 2022 6:59 PM

I guess he’s a big fan and fairly easygoing. Also, when you’re a hot twink in Marvel and they’re two bald middle aged men looking like this, maybe their comments come with a grain of salt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 24, 2022 7:09 PM

No joke, but some of ugliest ass men do attack Joe's looks with no shame. If you are going to speak on his looks make sure your pfp isn't horrifying at least.

I don't think they meant to be mean though and it wasn't an attack so not the same thing obviously.

by Anonymousreply 444December 24, 2022 7:18 PM

The foulest shit about Joe almost always comes from Brazilian gay men, it's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 445December 24, 2022 7:21 PM

R444 they may not have meant to be mean, but if they’re going to comment on his ears stance skin eyebrows and complexion when he’s a teenager, it’s probably fair game to comment back that they’re not exactly genetically blessed either.

Agree overall re fans - and this is no slight to kit, who I find attractive, but the way they compare them is so bizarre. You would genuinely think from some tweets that kit was an objective 10 and Joe was the elephant man instead of two above average looking teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 446December 24, 2022 7:26 PM

I really like Trixie and Katya and absolutely loved their reactions to Heartstopper. There comments on Joe were a read, not actually insulting. And given Joe’s IG story in reaction I’m sure that’s how he took it. They didn’t say anything about Kit’s looks because they seemed far less interested in Kit in general. It was clear they viewed the show as Charlie’s story and related to his character way more.

by Anonymousreply 447December 24, 2022 8:16 PM

The way this is just Kit looking at Joe and it has 800 likes already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448December 24, 2022 8:17 PM

They commented on Kit ("hot crush," "whether or not he's gay my panties are dropped and soaked from that interaction"), the Joe stuff sticks out more because it was repetitive, they lingered on it, and it hits on things we're naturally going to feel a way about because of what Joe's said in the past.

by Anonymousreply 449December 24, 2022 8:30 PM

Joe and Kit both shared it so I don’t think there’s any point in handwringing about it, Joe knows his boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 450December 24, 2022 8:40 PM

They were just blatantly meaner about Joe and there’s no real “justification” for it over kit in terms of screentime etc. The “best case” which given the casts ages and him being a big fan seems very likely is that this was a longer cut kit and Joe got to veto and Joe didn’t veto anything. Still genuinely surprised Netflix posted it if for no other reason than optics

by Anonymousreply 451December 24, 2022 8:42 PM

I'm not in any way a Joe Kit shipper, but if that was the first interview I'd seen of them (the Cinescape one), I'd almost think they were being a bit flirty with each other. The giggles, the looks, the way they talked about Nick and Charlie getting closer with the shared little glances. Obviously I know they're not actually flirting, but it's a funny observation. Either way, it's lovely to see that they've grown closer and I'm looking forward to their season 2 interviews next year.

by Anonymousreply 452December 24, 2022 8:56 PM

R447 Don't think it had anything to do with screen time, or how they view the show, or what they're interested in, they ripped into Tao more than anyone else bar Joe and didn't even know Will's name (referred to him as "the actor") or give any other commentary about his character. It just doesn't ring true as justification.

R452 They were being flirty and they've been flirty before, but they're friends first and foremost so they know it's not anything that'll lead to something. I think that can be acknowledged without being a Joe/Kit shipper or being disrespectful about the relationships they're in.

by Anonymousreply 453December 24, 2022 9:03 PM

R448 Funniest shit is hstwt acting like 99% of them don't ship Joe and Kit.

by Anonymousreply 454December 24, 2022 9:20 PM

R447 That's had the hots for Kit. Had nothing to do with being more interested in Charlie. It's just Joe's easier to insult or read as someone wants to say. The humor was pretty lame. Talk about low hanging fruit. Yes, let's mention the guy with big ears and big brows had big ears and big brows. Amazing. Can see why they are popular.

by Anonymousreply 455December 24, 2022 9:24 PM

This and a “you’re fit” comment from Bradley? Bash keep an eye on your man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456December 24, 2022 9:47 PM

Why is he posting that now? though Bradley seems to like that look. He liked some tweet about it too last week. I enjoy his Joe thirst though. He's liked other tweets about Joe too in the past.

Brad gonna restart the fake feud with Bash

by Anonymousreply 457December 24, 2022 9:58 PM

R457 he might’ve actually been obligated to by Alexander McQueen (or his stylist I suppose) and actually as he says forgotten to do so until today. Also while he had a good sense of humour about it I do love the same day a video drops mocking his appearance he posts a hot photo of himself.

Whose hand is that in the third slide, Will? Way too tan to be Joe.

by Anonymousreply 458December 24, 2022 10:01 PM

Can always rely on Kit nowadays to like but never comment on Joe’s posts, haha.

by Anonymousreply 459December 24, 2022 10:10 PM

R458 Yeah, just saw that. I saw some comments about him not doing an Emmy's post as if he were bitter about it, but with everything happening I'm sure he did just forget to do it.

Amy Beth called Joe the love of her life. Done stole Bash's girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 460December 24, 2022 10:15 PM

Did bash really unfollowed Katya/ Trixie after their video? Or he never followed them in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 461December 24, 2022 10:23 PM

R461 he followed Trixie at some point; not sure when or if there was an unfollow. I don’t seem to recall him unfollowing Katya

by Anonymousreply 462December 24, 2022 10:25 PM

Almost sure he was following Trixie last week. I saw when I stalking his followers for birthday videos. He doesn't follow now though.

Though doesn't seem like he's been online today much? I only say that because didn't do a bday post for Cori and hasn't liked Joe's post yet. Joe on the other hand seems to have plenty of free time today so I'm assuming Bash is busy with family stuff. Or maybe he's just seething.

by Anonymousreply 463December 24, 2022 10:41 PM

He’s busy liking every reply on Joe’s IG post including Bradley’s. Glad they buried the hatchet

by Anonymousreply 464December 24, 2022 10:56 PM

Bash liked and commented on this post, FWIW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465December 24, 2022 11:00 PM

R464 it's simply a warning that he saw the comment.

And yeah, he suddenly appeared. Spoke too soon

by Anonymousreply 466December 24, 2022 11:01 PM

R458 Probably Patrick’s.

by Anonymousreply 467December 24, 2022 11:03 PM

R465 If he did that, he's not mad about anything and doubt he unfollowed anyone.

by Anonymousreply 468December 24, 2022 11:10 PM

The costume department fumbled the bag for season 2 with Kit's costume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469December 25, 2022 12:00 AM

Pretty sure they put him in shit too tight on purpose

by Anonymousreply 470December 25, 2022 12:07 AM

They did for the first season because he was smaller back then. The interview above is from after the show's release and it's him in his own uniform. From the Netflix video it looks like they loosened his wardrobe to accommodate his growth, which is logical but unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 471December 25, 2022 12:10 AM

Joe deserves better.!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 472December 25, 2022 2:14 AM

R472 in relation to what?

by Anonymousreply 473December 25, 2022 2:18 AM

First heartstopper and then marvels. Wow joe is in for a ride. I know I feel sorry for him. But god gives him strength

by Anonymousreply 474December 25, 2022 2:36 AM

Kit archived a post. Can anyone tell which?

by Anonymousreply 475December 25, 2022 2:49 AM

I enjoyed the Katya and Trixie reaction video but, it wasn’t their best reaction. I think their best reaction videos are to really terrible movies/shows or, reality television. The better the show the less there is to make fun of. Not that HS doesn’t have some truly cringe worthy moments but, overall I think it’s a good show. I am sure Joe was ok with the reads. They’re two queens, they are gonna read.

On a sightly unrelated note… why is Kit’s tie so goddamn short in that video lol

by Anonymousreply 476December 25, 2022 3:19 AM

R476, it's how the "cool kids" wear them in British schools, absolutely no idea why.

by Anonymousreply 477December 25, 2022 6:43 AM

Short season’s greetings clip, same group plus Tobie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478December 25, 2022 3:12 PM

Yaz has a single line in the Doctor Who trailer and it's already weirdly delivered and detached-sounding. Shared the trailer really quickly, though!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 25, 2022 5:44 PM

Has anyone seen anything about the Brazil interview that was supposed to be released today?

by Anonymousreply 480December 25, 2022 6:02 PM

I’m pretty sure it was released early and posted here, the besties one?

by Anonymousreply 481December 25, 2022 7:05 PM

R481 Yeah, the besties one - I thought that was just another teaser? As it had some new bits but was also missing other bits from the previous teaser.

by Anonymousreply 482December 25, 2022 7:23 PM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483December 25, 2022 11:00 PM

R483 Very cute. Although it looks like it was taken with a potato.

by Anonymousreply 484December 25, 2022 11:25 PM

It’s nice to see more personal photos instead of just photoshoots and press stuff.

by Anonymousreply 485December 26, 2022 12:39 AM

I think it might be a screen grab from a video and that’s why it’s so blurry.

by Anonymousreply 486December 26, 2022 12:42 AM

What's everyone's favourite scene from Heartstopper? If you're a fan?

I really enjoyed the show - had to adjust to the wholesome of it at first, and there are a couple of scenes that I only half watch cos I find them a bit too cringe ('why are we like this?' is up there), but overall it was very lovely and done well. I think my favourite scene is either the Tara/Darcy kiss with Nick watching on, or the birthday conversation between Nick and Charlie by the Maxx X Grab.

by Anonymousreply 487December 26, 2022 3:43 PM

R487 I think Joe and Kit are the two standout performances of the show, with no insult intended to anyone else; I think the first kiss scene was insanely well handled. Kit played Nick’a semi weird answers incredibly well and Joe’s nonverbal acting during the kiss and when Nick tears himself away and leaves was extraordinary. I think the coming seasons will give them similarly tense / difficult scenes and I’m sure they’ll nail them again

by Anonymousreply 488December 26, 2022 5:31 PM

R488 Definitely agree! I almost chose the first kiss, it's a really good scene. Can't wait for the Nick and Charlie meatier scenes in season 2, so Joe and Kit can shine even more.

by Anonymousreply 489December 26, 2022 5:43 PM

I'll be honest I have to mute any Yaz scenes, she's beautiful but I find her acting really painful

by Anonymousreply 490December 26, 2022 6:37 PM

Mostly Nick/Charlie scenes. Bowling alley scene, corridor scene, etc. Separately, Nick coming out to his mom, Charlie’s conversation with Tori.

by Anonymousreply 491December 26, 2022 7:15 PM

Happy for Bradley, Joe liked his Instagram post really quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492December 27, 2022 3:05 PM

I’m guessing this isn’t real?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493December 27, 2022 3:39 PM

R493 it’s a fancast. Though given one of bash’s other celebrity crushes was Joshua and these fancasts are making them twins, how obvious his type is is even funnier.

by Anonymousreply 494December 27, 2022 4:03 PM

Yeah, his very specific type. Timmy was the other popular fancast for Wiccan for years. I guess Joshua fans have moved on from hoping for Wiccan and now settling for Speed. But doubt Billy and Tommy are going to look that much alike and Tommy is unimportant so not even sure he'll get cast for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 495December 27, 2022 5:34 PM

I don’t think this Brazil interview has been posted yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496December 27, 2022 7:39 PM

R496 Ooh, thanks! I haven't seen that anywhere, good find.

by Anonymousreply 497December 27, 2022 7:49 PM

R496 thanks for sharing. That was a great interviewer. I like seeing them exchange the little pleasantries at the end, they’re both so polite. Joe really looks super intently at and pays close attention to whoever is talking, it’s a really good trait

by Anonymousreply 498December 27, 2022 8:10 PM

[quote]Kit Connor and Joe Locke, Actors (Heartstopper): Netflix’s adaptation of Alice Oseman’s beloved graphic novel — an uplifting story of a gay schoolboy who falls in love with a classmate — saw its two teenage leads propelled into the limelight. Connor, who had already enjoyed roles in War & Peace and Rocketman playing a young Elton John, was soon signed by WMA, landed a role in the adaptation of NYT bestseller A Cuban Girl’s Guide to Tea and Tomorrow and recently won outstanding lead performance in the inaugural Children’s and Family Emmy Awards. Meanwhile, Locke, for whom Heartstopper served as his first screen performance, was snapped up by CAA and was recently cast in Disney+’s WandaVision spin-off, Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499December 27, 2022 9:26 PM

The continuing love affair of that freak who chased Joe at the Brazil airport (trying to deliver that Maira girl’s letters) and Rhys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500December 27, 2022 10:45 PM

Oh man that’s, that’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 501December 28, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote]oh, that’s supposed to be flirting?!

And he hasn’t deleted his account yet??

by Anonymousreply 502December 28, 2022 1:21 AM

What’s he hoping will happen? He lives on a different continent. Fairly sure his main intention is just to get closer to the Heartstopper cast, anyway… I wonder if he’d suddenly lose interest in Rhys if he found out that he no longer works on the show.

by Anonymousreply 503December 28, 2022 9:39 AM

I would listen to his podcasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504December 29, 2022 2:38 PM

The cast has been doing a great job flying under the radar. I don’t think I’ve seen a single sighting of anyone since Bash’s party?

by Anonymousreply 505December 29, 2022 3:32 PM

It’s Christmas. Most people are holed up & enjoying with family & friends. Presumably even the most bonkers teenagers that follow their every move are also being forced to spend time in the real world with people who actually know they exist!

by Anonymousreply 506December 29, 2022 3:42 PM

Obviously this is old (from pride) but don’t think I’d seen it. It’s really lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507December 29, 2022 5:05 PM

They're also likely in their hometowns where people generally don't bother you. My brother lives a few doors down from Kit Harrington, he's never bothered to ask him for a photo, as he said, would make putting your bins out bloody awkward each week.

by Anonymousreply 508December 29, 2022 5:05 PM

R507 Love this. I think it's right after the homophobes - I saw another video (that I now can't find) of them walking off and Joe and his mum hugging/kissing. And then Kit swoops in for the hug shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 509December 29, 2022 5:17 PM

Turns out Kit’s profile was permanently deleted - genuinely surprised his team didn’t hang onto it (just reactivate and deactivate immediately monthly to keep the handle to keep the username) for a year or so until it died down. The Twitter fans are weeping about how sad it is again, which is how I saw this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510December 29, 2022 5:37 PM

R510

I would have assumed someone from his team would have kept the username. Oh well it is what it is then

by Anonymousreply 511December 29, 2022 5:41 PM

R510 Sigh... I guess at least it means that Kit is unlikely to drift back to Twitter in the future, like when Heartstopper season 2 needs promoting etc.

by Anonymousreply 512December 29, 2022 5:49 PM

R505 Will's in NY, Kizzy seems to have gone somewhere. Yaz only posts about her dog now. Guess everyone else is relaxing somewhere.

And celebs don't really use twitter anymore anyway. Not a huge loss. R510 Those comments are a bit dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 513December 29, 2022 6:25 PM

Joe archived these two posts, but left his profile photo unchanged, wish he would change it to the GQ headshot one, he looked incredible in that. I don’t understand the whole archiving randomly thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514December 29, 2022 6:29 PM

R513 oh I fully agree it’s over dramatic. It sucks Twitter was toxic enough he and Joe wanted to leave (and most of the others barely use it) but if anything he probably felt relief, not the deep mourning weirdness they’re all going through.

Agreed they’re mostly home for Christmas; looks like Steph hosted their crew for the holidays outside of London and Joe was ofc in IOM. I’d guess people are more likely to see them (The London contingent) around New Years as more people will travel to London for that and Joe, Bash, and Kit at least will likely be there.

by Anonymousreply 515December 29, 2022 6:32 PM

R514 I don’t think he archived them, just unshared them. It was originally a joint post with soho House and their IG still has those two up. I get it to be fair; he had 3 grid posts from that one shoot with not a “prestige” magazine (so not like GQ MOTY) so May as well get rid of 2. Agreed that I wish to god he’d change it; I don’t hate the way he looks in it or anything but the Dior and MOTY pics are way better.

by Anonymousreply 516December 29, 2022 6:34 PM

I honestly doubt Joe and Bash have been apart for that long, so they both might be back in London already, though he could be spending the week in IOM before he has to leave late next week for Atlanta probably. They don't get bothered in Chelsea for the most part and Kit doesn't get bothered close to where he lives either

by Anonymousreply 517December 29, 2022 6:41 PM

I’ve never seen this before - Joe’s mum’s reaction to him getting the part of Charlie. Very sweet. Shame there’s no sound!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518December 29, 2022 7:28 PM

I have seen a comment of Joe's grand mother a while back in one of IOM's radio page(?) that he will go to LA after Christmas. Also she was talking about how Joe lives a different lives now but he is still the same boy. It was sweet.

by Anonymousreply 519December 29, 2022 7:31 PM

New Heartstopper mini comic - seems that Alice isn’t fully resting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520December 29, 2022 7:31 PM

R519 I remember seeing that, the whole family seem like sweethearts, glad he has such a strong support system, he’s going to need it

by Anonymousreply 521December 29, 2022 7:47 PM

[quote]The Disney Plus JP page lists ‘Ironheart’, ‘Secret Invasion’, and ‘Loki’ Season 2 for release in 2023 and ‘Daredevil: Born Again’ for release in 2024. Release dates for “Echo” and “Agatha: Coven of Chaos” are not listed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522December 29, 2022 9:36 PM

2023 was never happening, but hopefully it's really not Oct 2025 like suggested.

by Anonymousreply 523December 29, 2022 9:43 PM

While it’s later than I’d like, a fall 2024 release date wouldn’t be insane. Given they’re leaning into camp spooky “Hocus Pocus” vibes, timing it to around Halloween would work well. I’d love early 2024 but fall 2024 wouldn’t be a big deal and would work well with the promo cycle

by Anonymousreply 524December 29, 2022 9:56 PM

I just hope it doesn't end up clashing with Wednesday, which wound up being a juggernaut and could cannibalize Agatha if it comes out in the same frame.

by Anonymousreply 525December 29, 2022 10:04 PM

R525 I think it being released weekly would help anyway. I also hope it doesn’t compete timing wise but it would drop over 2 months so even if it overlapped with Wednesday it would be ok.

by Anonymousreply 526December 30, 2022 12:57 AM

Alice has apparently said on her Patreon that she’s planning a longer post to let people know how she’s feeling about Heartstopper and her workload.

by Anonymousreply 527December 30, 2022 7:46 AM

She's doing that thing where she announces something 200 times I guess, R319 was the first mention of the post.

by Anonymousreply 528December 30, 2022 8:16 AM

Official Marvel video lists Agatha at the end (blink and you’ll miss it) as a 2023 project. Might just mean filming 2023 though.

For the curious, the others are Loki, Secret Invasion, Quantummania, Echo, The Marvels, iron heart, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529December 30, 2022 11:12 AM

Maia mentioned Kit in an interview, not much of anything:

[quote]“Working with Kit was such a dream, he’s such a sweetheart, one of the most brilliant actors,” Reficco says. “We got along so well from the get-go. He’s become one of my favorite people. I was so excited to meet him because I loved [Heartstopper] beforehand, but after getting to work with him and learning from him, we became each other’s biggest cheerleaders. We were working really hard hours, but the more time we got to know each other and the more time we spent together, it just was more and more enjoyable.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530December 30, 2022 11:27 AM

R530 they’re changing the heritage to match hers for the film - so it’ll be An Argentinian Girl’s Guide? That’s interesting I guess. That quote is a good level of generic and technically honest but “more and more enjoyable” is funny.

by Anonymousreply 531December 30, 2022 11:30 AM

R529 I think this is the outdated Comic-Con slate? Not 100% sure, but the inclusion of Echo makes me think it might not be fully accurate. That and I can't imagine them finishing the post-prod of Agatha so quickly.

R530 I hope she really did pick up something from watching Kit work, I looked her up in that PLL show when she was cast with Kit in the movie and she's...not great. The Argentinian accent is awful so it's disappointing to hear that they changed the character's heritage, I'll wait until a Kit fan makes an edit of just his stuff when this is released. Hopefully the Heartstopper fans come through because I have a feeling that this and the movie Bash did are going to wind up being slogs to watch.

by Anonymousreply 532December 30, 2022 11:36 AM

R531 It’s the same kind of answer that Kit and Joe always give about working together and like, obviously? But I get why that’s the kind of generic answer she would give.

by Anonymousreply 533December 30, 2022 11:39 AM

R532 I was having a conversation with a friend a couple of days ago about how these talented young actors mostly have garbage to choose from when it comes to projects. Jenna Ortega is also shooting a YA rom-com post-Wednesday. These actors have all of this momentum and can’t capitalize on it the way someone 5-10 years older would be able to.

by Anonymousreply 534December 30, 2022 11:43 AM

R529 I can’t see Agatha being released in 2023 when they don’t finish filming until May the turnaround with post production would have to be insanely quick. I always thought Spring 2024 at the earliest

by Anonymousreply 535December 30, 2022 11:48 AM

R532 I actually have higher hopes for Bash’s because the supporting cast is a lot of comedic actors and Charithra is very charming too (haven’t seen Tanner act). Leaning into the lighthearted comedy thing part of rom-com is a smart way to undercut a lot of the cheesiness and to lift any weaker moments in the acting then a more maudlin storyline.

R532 R535 I have no clue if this lineup is accurate. I originally thought 2024 sounded more likely; if it’s wrong I’m guessing we’ll see it deleted and re uploaded with an accurate end card later. Would be odd for marvel to let an official Twitter just post the wrong info.

by Anonymousreply 536December 30, 2022 11:54 AM

R530 Am watching the interview with the cast, just out of interest - quite a lot of (mostly) American girls squealing lol, but interesting to get a bit of a sense of what Maia is like. She seems a bit more shy and sweet than I would've imagined (on social media she seems a bit posey and into herself), and the other cast talk about how she's the most self-deprecating person in the world. That does seem like the kind of person that Kit would go for, him being very self-deprecating himself.

by Anonymousreply 537December 30, 2022 12:18 PM

R529- that link isn’t working, looks like the tweet has been deleted, which is interesting! Maybe they used an old video

by Anonymousreply 538December 30, 2022 6:06 PM

R538 I was actually just coming to follow up on that. The video has been deleted and Disney+ Japan released a 2023 lineup without Agatha. 2024 is most likely, I’m guessing, but I suppose we’ll see!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539December 30, 2022 6:16 PM

Figured that R522 was more accurate.

Also, Joe continues with his thirst likes on Instagram. Too funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540December 30, 2022 9:08 PM

Alice can bore off. She’s completely insufferable. She has a breakdown once a month. Strops off twitter citing mental health shite. We get it. You can’t cope with life nor the career you’ve given yourself. I’m sure the incredibly decent amount of money you’ve earned are probably helping though huh.

I just compare her to the author of Red, White & Royal Blue, who I love. Casey potters on & writes new books without whinging. A novel idea. Casey is actually writing thousands & thousands of words & fairly intricate stories as well. Decided to hand over her book to a trusted director (remains to be seen if that was a good move but at least she’s not having constant breakdowns about it). Seems genuinely delighted at her success rather than it being a huge burden. Wild.

by Anonymousreply 541December 30, 2022 9:18 PM

R540 Not everything in the world is a thirst like.

by Anonymousreply 542December 30, 2022 9:30 PM

It's true, people are into Kenworthy because of his stellar personality.

by Anonymousreply 543December 30, 2022 10:03 PM

It may not be a thirst like as he does intermittently like random Gay Times posts. That said, it’s not the usual political or person he knows like - so if it is a thirst thing seems like he’s into hairier guys. He and Bash are genuinely each other’s types (and Joe especially is Bash’s type to a t)

by Anonymousreply 544December 30, 2022 10:10 PM

He's an out gay athlete. It's a bit more classy at least. Though good to know Joe likes them hairy.

by Anonymousreply 545December 30, 2022 10:12 PM

Between Kenworthy, Geick, and that one farmer he so far seems to like hairy guys with defined musculature when it comes to thirst lurking.

by Anonymousreply 546December 30, 2022 10:33 PM

Weird that they cut this scene, I actually think Will and Yaz were better than they normally are here. That said it’s weirdly intimate for such an overallnsexless show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547December 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Tiny Joe and Kit clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548December 31, 2022 1:37 PM

Bash’s end of year post feat. Will:

[quote]i want to put 2022 in a bottle and keep it forever. thank you for all the love 💕 I can’t even begin to pick my favorite moments, but I just stumbled upon this pic of me and will on santa monica beach and it made me smile. i cannot wait for you to see what we’ve been working on in 2023 😏 See u on the other side x

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549December 31, 2022 2:11 PM

R547 That’s probably my favourite Tao Elle scene, very surprised they cut it. It gave Tao a much needed softness cos I found him a bit grating and overly possessive of Charlie most of the time. And it’s also a lovely little look at the group friendship.

Would love if they also released a deleted Nick/Charlie scene, but probably unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 550December 31, 2022 2:20 PM

R549 Bash looks stunning there, what a sweet post.

by Anonymousreply 551December 31, 2022 2:26 PM

That scene should have been kept in over Tao twerking.

by Anonymousreply 552December 31, 2022 2:26 PM

There’s a cool new video uploaded by Rhys on TikTok with lots of little behind the scenes clips from Heartstopper season 1, but this website doesn’t seem to let me link it here?

by Anonymousreply 553December 31, 2022 4:08 PM

Never mind, have uploaded elsewhere - hopefully this works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554December 31, 2022 4:11 PM

Kit always picking up people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555December 31, 2022 4:44 PM

Feeling sad. Kit will never pick me up.

Bradley updated his IG and actually got a comment from Joe. Living the dream

by Anonymousreply 556December 31, 2022 5:02 PM

R556 he’s breathing into a paper bag as we speak

by Anonymousreply 557December 31, 2022 5:07 PM

Everyone’s posts have been lovely so far, but I’m really hoping for Kit and Joe ones. Can’t help it, they’re what I’m here for.

by Anonymousreply 558December 31, 2022 5:10 PM

R558 Agreed. And yet sadly, they're probably the people we're least likely to get them from, as they've become the most private/most famous. I also think if they were fully honest, they wouldn't say '2022 has been the best year of my life' - it'd be more like '2022 was a fairly stressful rollercoaster with a lot more downs than ups'. Probably not what fans want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 559December 31, 2022 5:16 PM

Watch out Bash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560December 31, 2022 5:18 PM

Wow, that's the first time I've seen Joe comment on an Instagram post in months!

by Anonymousreply 561December 31, 2022 5:23 PM

The way the tides turned for Bradley (seemingly after Bash's party), love that for him.

R561 Joe's still been commenting here and there, I saw him comment on the Marvel casting director's Instagram about a week ago.

by Anonymousreply 562December 31, 2022 5:27 PM

Hopefully they are peer pressured into doing one. Kit seems more likely to do one than Joe but not holding out hope for either.

R560 I guess that curly hair does make a man weak. I did enjoy he didn't get a pic with Bash, only his cardboard cut outs.

by Anonymousreply 563December 31, 2022 5:27 PM

R562 who is the casting director?

by Anonymousreply 564December 31, 2022 5:30 PM

R564 Sarah Finn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565December 31, 2022 5:31 PM

R559

Maia is doing a collage for every month on her ig stories so something with Kit might show up there. Im still hoping for Joe to post something but its unlikely

by Anonymousreply 566December 31, 2022 7:33 PM

She's posting all of her co-stars so it'd be weird if she skips Kit. Still hoping to be surprised by a post or story from Kit and Joe, but prepared for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 567December 31, 2022 7:36 PM

I think we can probably expect semi boring story posts from one or both. A video of fireworks on Joe’s story at midnight or something. If Maia posts Kit he might repost her

by Anonymousreply 568December 31, 2022 7:42 PM

Even if we get nothing tonight, we still might get a post in the next few days of some of the cast hanging out at a NYE party. But probably also unlikely!

by Anonymousreply 569December 31, 2022 7:52 PM

Joe doing two personal IG posts in a row is probably not happening, so I think a story at best

Though every time I say something the opposite happens so let's see if my wrong opinion continues

by Anonymousreply 570December 31, 2022 7:56 PM

R567 You might have jinxed it? Unless she’s not done posting but nothing so far and she’s done through December.

by Anonymousreply 571December 31, 2022 8:34 PM

I don’t speak Spanish, but, looks like she done a sort of “wrap up” story so defo think she’s done uploading, weird how she missed him out, but probably tired of the drama when she does post about him

by Anonymousreply 572December 31, 2022 8:41 PM

Yeah, she's done. The movie stuff she posted was pretty boring. Bash and Maia both give us nothing today. Though Bash did post Joe in his stories since he seems physically incapable of not doing so

by Anonymousreply 573December 31, 2022 8:46 PM

Even that was pointless because that video was old, I think Tobie or someone else had posted it already.

by Anonymousreply 574December 31, 2022 8:47 PM

It was, though nice moment. But Tobie didn't post that video I don't think.

by Anonymousreply 575December 31, 2022 8:51 PM

Would be hilarious if Joe and Kit were the ones who posted showy romantic things. Highly doubt it but what a plot twist

by Anonymousreply 576December 31, 2022 8:53 PM

I don't expect romance in any way, just show your faces.

Joe actually did post on Christmas, though I thought maybe he was bored at the time since he was posting quite a bit

by Anonymousreply 577December 31, 2022 9:07 PM

I'm likely in the minority but I don't give a shit about anything romantic and like r577, just want them to show their faces. It would be a bonus if they commented on the crazy year they've each had, they both had some real highs (Emmy for Kit, Marvel for Joe, and both signing on with major agencies).

by Anonymousreply 578December 31, 2022 9:10 PM

Sadly, as it's 10pm in the UK now, we're unlikely to get a post as they'll probably be out at some sort of event and on the way to being drunk!

by Anonymousreply 579December 31, 2022 9:17 PM

Joe will post in 2 weeks about how he forgot about the new year

by Anonymousreply 580December 31, 2022 9:23 PM

It's hard to keep track of time with your legs in the air.

by Anonymousreply 581December 31, 2022 9:24 PM

Heartstopper/Kit fans must have been so insufferable for her to not post even 1 pic of kit.

by Anonymousreply 582December 31, 2022 9:34 PM

I'm surprised if it's that, the only recent backlash was the Emmy thing and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the initial backlash she got (that she kept posting after).

by Anonymousreply 583December 31, 2022 9:36 PM

R582 May have of course partially been fans but to be honest I do wonder if another part is her realizing that the more obvious they are the more she’ll be asked about him. The teen Vogue piece that was about her asked her both about working with him and if she had watched Heartstopper. Her answer was nice and obviously she likes him a lot but not wanting to have her career linked solely to him and for him to dominate her interviews is reasonable

by Anonymousreply 584December 31, 2022 9:36 PM

A new picture of Joe and Bash back when they were in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585December 31, 2022 10:29 PM

Still amazed they were in LA so long and barely got seen. Netflix needs to do some American promo for S2. Though I'm sure they appreciated being left alone

by Anonymousreply 586December 31, 2022 10:33 PM

R585 they’re really cute.

R586 I’m guessing Joe was filming or doing some agatha work during the week and the others are less recognizable. Plus LA is a driving city to be fair. After Agatha they (Joe) will be more easily spotted I think

by Anonymousreply 587December 31, 2022 10:41 PM

I hope after agatha Joe becomes another xochitl and attends every marvel premiere. Series movie everything

by Anonymousreply 588December 31, 2022 10:54 PM

What was bash’s retweet from earlier? The account is private now.

by Anonymousreply 589December 31, 2022 11:36 PM

R589 Just a heartstopper edit. The person he retweeted from turned out to be a groomer. Groomed a 17 yr old. Normal day in hstwt.

by Anonymousreply 590December 31, 2022 11:40 PM

21 year old who fucked around with a teenager and ended the relationship when people starting calling Maia a groomer

Yes, just another day on hstwt

by Anonymousreply 591December 31, 2022 11:42 PM

Good lord. Am actually surprised there’s not more of that on heartstopper fandom given the weird late 20 somethings who mingle and act like best mates with 15 year old fans

by Anonymousreply 592December 31, 2022 11:44 PM

Maybe I'm too jaded, but I feel like using the word grooming in a situation where the extend of the relationship was cuddling and where everyone was above the age of consent really waters down what that word means. Do these teenagers not have parents?

by Anonymousreply 593December 31, 2022 11:49 PM

Joe’s NYE post. Go girl, give us nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594December 31, 2022 11:52 PM

Yeah that's all what we are going to get from Joe I think.

by Anonymousreply 595December 31, 2022 11:53 PM

R593 I'd mostly agree but the person is still a pos from what I've read. Not surprised at all weird shit like this goes on either.

And almost time for a new thread. The cheap asses can maybe post again.

R594 Even for Joe that's a bit disappointing. His ass really said look forward to S2 of HS but you get nothing personal. You gotta laugh.

by Anonymousreply 596December 31, 2022 11:55 PM

R590 What the heck? Is it Paige, the fan who Leila follows for some reason?

by Anonymousreply 597January 1, 2023 12:07 AM

New thread. move it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598January 1, 2023 12:10 AM

R593 I do not know the full story but I’m inclined to agree. The gist seems to be a 21 and 17 year old developed a consenting romantic but platonic offline relationship the 21 year old then panicked over the Maia grooming nonsense and questioned whether it was appropriate dumped the teen and the teen is now saying they were groomed. That really isn’t a word to be used lightly. It reminds me of how they so easily threw around words like abuser when they went after Joe and Bash. In this case they were both above the age of consent and it was platonic.

The moral of this story is never get involved with overwrought online fandoms and Joe, Bash and Kit have done the right thing by distancing themselves from it. The cast are not there to throw awful accusations at so they turn on each other. They just seem to live on an insatiable need for a toxic cocktail of drama, self righteousness and perpetual victimhood

by Anonymousreply 599January 1, 2023 12:22 AM

R599 I mean, it’s probably fair to say a 21 year old dating a 17 year old is a weirdo. I read the thread and she never actually said she was groomed. She just said that this was their experience and after their breakup or falling out or whatever, the 21 year old shit talked her and she felt she had the right to respond. Idk anything about these people but I think if you’re going to date a 17 year old at 21 and want to be involved in a really work fandom then be prepared for the fallout

by Anonymousreply 600January 1, 2023 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!