Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

Now Emmy award winning.

by Anonymousreply 599December 13, 2022 10:26 PM

Where’s the “Please God, anyone but Yaz” option?

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2022 1:05 AM

I want Yaz to win just for the IG stories she'll put up ignoring the show completely. I don't know how she'll do it, but she'll manage.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2022 1:08 AM

Didn’t realize they’d give ties. Would be great to see Joe and Kit tie; they’ve done everything else together and really carried the show together

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2022 1:11 AM

R3 Yeah, I should have put the tie option for Joe and Kit in the poll

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2022 1:13 AM

Even with ties don't think kit and Joe both would win

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2022 1:14 AM

I don't think so either. They'd pick Kit. I'm more of a Joe fan, but Kit was the strongest young actor in the show

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2022 1:15 AM

I’m surprised they didn’t qualify for young performer. I know they’re both over 18 now but were 17 filming; think if it was young performer I’d think at least one was likely to win. I think supporting is Lisa Kudrow’s to lose and HS’s most likely acting win is Olivia

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2022 1:16 AM

They lost hair and makeup. That's what they get for giving Bash helmet hair and too much foundation

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2022 1:20 AM

R7 They qualified for both but couldn’t be submitted to both, so the category they’re in was a Netflix decision.

They were never going to win Hair & Make-Up to a show with prosthetics, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2022 1:22 AM

If the presenters have to be on stage this long I can see why Kit isn't doing it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2022 1:25 AM

I’m genuinely excited to see how both Kit and Joe perform in s2. Kit was very strong and Joe held his own, especially for his first job and a weaker storyline. Both are also pretty self critical in a way I think is helpful; Kit saying he cringes at his scenes sometimes and Joe saying he can tell watching himself which scenes he filmed early on and were weaker. Not saying Marvel is Spielberg Either, but the Agatha cast is super strong so Joe must have pulled it out of the bag to get such a pivotal role. With more experience, more complex storylines, and a bit more confidence this season I think S2 will step it up for both of them.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2022 1:30 AM

The storyline for Charlie was a lot of set up in finding Nick and falling for him. So it was really Kit who had a lot more with him realizing he is bisexual. Joe presumably has a lot more to due next season with Charlie's mental health issues taking a bad turn. Aside from coming out to everyone Nick kind of takes a back seat plot wise and plays the supportive boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2022 1:36 AM

I have a feeling Nick's not going to wind up taking much of a backseat next season between the casting of his family, especially his dad being brought in earlier than in the books, and the return of Olivia Colman. Kit also mentioned Nick's mental health in that Film Independent interview. I think it'll wind up being more balanced than people are expecting. That being said, Joe will 100% be getting better material next season compared to the first season.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2022 1:47 AM

R13 yeah I think s2 was also written before Marvel entered the picture. Fairly or not, Kit was certainly seen as the bigger breakout before then (now it’s pretty even) and I doubt Netflix would let Alice put him on the back burner. I do still hope it remains a Charlie heavy season; Kit got almost all the complex work (and did a great job with it) last season so it would be nice to see Joe take the bulk this season, even with some added Nick stuff

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2022 1:53 AM

With new characters, nicks family and now nicks mental health. Yeah S2 is also not charlies season. Hopefully they won't cut the important part of Charlie's mental health and recovery.

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2022 1:57 AM

I guess I’m in the minority in that I didn’t think S1 was that skewed towards Nick to begin with? Charlie had the scenes with Tori and his dad, the dramatic corridor scene with Ben, etc.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2022 2:01 AM

Also the discussion that kit acting was best is debatable. Can't think of any nicks memorable scene other than coming out. He was just there.

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2022 2:03 AM

I mean, your opinion is your opinion, but Kit's acting being the best among the kids was the popular consensus among critics.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2022 2:07 AM

Okay why am I still watching this. I thought Alice's category would be tonight, but it's not?

Guess we find out tomorrow if her suffering has been rewarded

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2022 2:10 AM

R18 was it? Genuinely asking; I agree Kit was the strongest by a small margin but it seemed like critics mentioned Joe and Kit pretty evenly with Yaz getting the next most attention.

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2022 2:10 AM

YMMV (and a lot of this is due to the writing) but to me Kit was the best of the lot because basically everyone except Kit had a moment that made me cringe on the show (especially Will, his reaction after Tao’s fight with Harry was…weirdly delivered, I thought?).

R19 Here are the categories and their respective placement between the two ceremonies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2022 2:12 AM

R21 honestly for a kid / YA show “least cringe” is probably a fair metric. I think if I was forced to sit down and rank them I’d agree Kit comes out a bit ahead of Joe. However I think the experience gap and just how much the pair of them outacted every other young actor in the show (minus Jenny I would say) makes me think they were pretty evenhanded. There’s a reason Heartstopper broke out so much more than other cutesy lighthearted shows and I really think it rests on Kit and Joe’s chemistry and how likable they both are onscreen and offscreen. Casting really earned that Emmy because they nailed it with the pair of them

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2022 2:15 AM

R20 When I was reading reviews Kit was the most consistently highlighted, followed by Joe. Yaz wasn't actually highlighted all that much, she started gaining more momentum after the show's release. In terms of specific things you can point to, Kit was the sole HS nominee at the Dorian Awards, is the only person anywhere near the Variety Golden Globes predictions, has the highest odds from the show in the prediction center on GoldDerby (predicted twice as much as Joe in the Golden Globes and SAG categories). Yaz will probably wind up with more hardware overall, but I'm not sure how much of that is people earnestly thinking she somehow gave the best performance versus her filling a very specific and empty niche.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2022 2:19 AM

Outstanding Writing for a Young Teen Program

Better Nate Than Ever

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.

Heartstopper

The Mysterious Benedict Society

Sweet Tooth

Anyone know anything about these other shows? How likely is Alice to win?

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2022 2:21 AM

I’d love if they got an Olivia style big name stunt casting for Charlie’s therapist. I think someone suggested Jonathan Bailey a while back; would be genuinely very cool to see

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2022 2:26 AM

Scrolling down this feed, seeing that most tweets have less than 10 likes, some closer to 50 if they’re lucky, and then the Heartstopper tweet having 1,600 likes is the funniest shit ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2022 2:31 AM

R24 I actually watched Mysterious Benedict Society when I saw it got so many nominations. It’s up against HS for both best writing and best teen series. It’s a watchable show even as an adult, but not nearly as captivating as Heartstopper. Also the majority of its 13 nominations were for tonight and it only won once. I think Heartstopper odds of winning best writing and best teen series tomorrow are pretty high. Acting will be interesting since Joe and Kit are up against each other and could easily split votes. I expect Lisa Kudrow to beat Yaz and Will.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2022 2:52 AM

The Emmys are on tomorrow???? They were on in September.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2022 2:56 AM

R28 Children and Families Emmy’s are tomorrow. Heartstopper is a gay children’s show that got nine Emmy nominations. It’s very wholesome an PG but also great representation for queer youth, and a lot of us eldergays like it too.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2022 2:59 AM

You’re thinking of the Primetime Emmys. There are approximately 50 million different Emmy ceremonies (Primetime, Daytime, Children’s and Family, and so on).

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2022 2:59 AM

R27 aside from them being genuienly sweet people and good friends rooting for one another, just how insanely successful Joe and kit have been thus far makes me think if one (likely Kit) beat the other, the loser would be actually happy for the other. Of course some disappointment would be natural; winning an Emmy would be great, but getting the nomination and all the success they’ve had since the show came out would more than give a consolation prize

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2022 3:00 AM

R24 I think it's between her and Sweet Tooth. They beat Sweet Tooth for casting, if that means anything

by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2022 3:02 AM

Getting Olivia Colman alone probably made them a favourite for casting; Kit and Joe’s success (and to a lesser extent Bash and Yaz’s) after the show made it a slam dunk imo. Can’t think of any kid/teen shows that after one season landed 2 leads top agencies, one of them a Netflix film and the other a marvel role, both GQ men of the year, one supporting actress a Vogue cover, and a minor character a Prime film lead. Kind of insane success

by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2022 3:34 AM

[quote]Would be great to see Joe and Kit tie; they’ve done everything else together and really carried the show together

That would be something. The way I see it, the show was wholly carried by Kit and Joe and would not have been successful without their onscreen chemistry and mutual performances. They truly were co-leads in every sense, and are almost inextricably linked as one in my mind, so they both deserve the award equally in my opinion. I would be over the moon if they both tied for it.

It's really nice to see both of them going out of their way in interviews to highlight each other's "emotional" scene in the season--Nick's coming out to his mum for Kit and Charlie's heart-to-heart with Tori at the drums for Joe.

Anyway, knowing my luck they'll both lose and Yaz will win hers, which will only inflate her ego into the stratosphere and end up making her think [italic]SHE'S[/italic] the star/lead of Heartstopper. I cringe at the inevitable deluge of self-promotion that will befall us all if this were to happen.

by Anonymousreply 34December 11, 2022 5:39 AM

R34 That’s exactly my fear, too - that Kit and Joe won’t win in their acting category but Yaz will. Which would be all about wokeness and not about her actual acting ability.

by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2022 6:02 AM

A fan posted a photo with Yaz in London, might not necessarily have been today though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2022 11:39 AM

A fan posted a photo on Instagram with Yaz 10 hours ago; looks like it was in London. Obviously it could’ve been posted later in the day or even a few days after but interesting if she’s skipping the Emmys for some reason

by Anonymousreply 37December 11, 2022 11:39 AM

I can't imagine her skipping the Emmy's.

Tobie and Cori are posting on IG too early to be in LA, so they are out.

by Anonymousreply 38December 11, 2022 11:58 AM

I wouldn’t be shocked if Yaz doesn’t go unless she knows she’s winning. As others have said she seems far more interested in gaining a name for herself independently in influencer and fashion circles as well as trans advocacy rather than anything directly to do with Heartstopper

by Anonymousreply 39December 11, 2022 1:38 PM

I’m surprised the cast hasn’t been spotted much or at all in LA. I look forward to seeing what they are wearing tonight. Hopefully, Kit doesn’t go for the overly gelled hair look.

by Anonymousreply 40December 11, 2022 1:41 PM

R40 joes stylist has been killing it for him recently so fingers crossed. My guess is the two makeup and hair people who came for the awards are pulling double duty and doing hair and makeup today so hopefully they leave Kit’s hair alone

by Anonymousreply 41December 11, 2022 1:49 PM

I hope Netflix does a better job in promoting heartstopper in the US this time. Because how they are there for days and still no one has recognized them. I don't think they are cooped up in their hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 42December 11, 2022 2:46 PM

R42 I do think they’re less recognized in America but LA is also such a driving city. A lot of people who spot them in London see them just walking down the street which is less common to just walk around LA

by Anonymousreply 43December 11, 2022 2:54 PM

They do need more promotion in the US and hopefully it has a little more staying power with S2, but not it's not that shocking they don't get recognized. If they wear masks and hats, stay away from touristy spots and places teens might visit nobody is going to bother them. There are hundreds of A++ list celebs in LA that don't get spotted unless they want to. Doesn't mean nobody knows who they are.

by Anonymousreply 44December 11, 2022 2:54 PM

If Netflix has enough pull to get the Young Royals leads on Fallon, they can figure better promo out for Joe and Kit.

by Anonymousreply 45December 11, 2022 3:00 PM

At this point, with the show so insanely popular in many other countries, Kit and Joe especially are probably slightly relieved at the slight anonymity in LA.

by Anonymousreply 46December 11, 2022 3:02 PM

I'm sure. Joe got to go on a date with his boyfriend and only got stopped once and it wasn't even a teenage girl telling him her coming out story. Kit's probably tired from his meet and greet vacay in Argentina too

by Anonymousreply 47December 11, 2022 3:05 PM

Video of the El Colombiano interview from the other day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 11, 2022 4:56 PM

That interview kind of indicates that some people on here projected a little too much on Joe regarding the thumb comments, they don't seem to bother him at all and he's the one bringing it up unprompted. He definitely asked Kit about his first impression expecting the thumb answer.

by Anonymousreply 49December 11, 2022 5:07 PM

R49 I don’t think he’s especially insecure about his thumbs, but I doubt he’d be as open/easygoing if Kit said his first impression of Joe was his large ears.

by Anonymousreply 50December 11, 2022 5:13 PM

R49 I’ve brought up the thumbs comments not because I think they bother Joe but because I think the shift in the jokes Kit makes (he’s stopped the thumbs and coffee breath comments which were nonstop early days) is a combination of the fanbase beating a dead horse with both of them and to an extent the amount of shit Joe has gotten regarding his looks. I don’t think anything Kit’s said has overly phased or offended him but I think Kit is a pretty nice considerate person and probably decided looks based jokes however minor were things he’d avoid given the looks comments on twitter

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2022 5:21 PM

When do the awards start tonight? And can someone post the link to the live stream?

by Anonymousreply 52December 11, 2022 5:48 PM

They both look and sounds absolutely exhausted in that interview. I always thought the teasing was endearing and let their personalities shine through.

by Anonymousreply 53December 11, 2022 5:49 PM

R52, easiest way is to download the Emmys app

by Anonymousreply 54December 11, 2022 5:51 PM

They’re at 8 PT/5 ET and if you register (it takes a couple of seconds) you can stream from here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 11, 2022 5:53 PM

Sorry, swap the numbers as it’s 8 ET/5 PT.

by Anonymousreply 56December 11, 2022 5:56 PM

Anyone know what time the red carpet is?

by Anonymousreply 57December 11, 2022 6:10 PM

R57 It starts at 3 PT

by Anonymousreply 58December 11, 2022 6:13 PM

Are any committed Brits staying up to watch? Starts at 1am our time.

by Anonymousreply 59December 11, 2022 6:33 PM

No. I have a job.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2022 6:44 PM

R60 Then you’re not committed lol. It starts 4 am my time and I’m certainly not THAT committed.

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2022 6:48 PM

Kit really is nice to everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2022 6:53 PM

R60 So do I but I work shifts so 1am is no problem. Not that I’ll be watching it but I will keep an eye out for the notifications

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2022 6:55 PM

R62 Love that - his love language really is carrying people, haha. Do we know when that was? I vaguely remember Brad wearing that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2022 6:58 PM

My level of concern about Kit attending now has led me to worry that Kit's back at home, not in LA, and that's why he had access to that polaroid.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2022 6:59 PM

[quote]They both look and sounds absolutely exhausted in that interview.

Indeed. Kit even confirmed in the Film Independent interview that he and Joe are exhausted after working on season 2, and that they both put their blood, sweat and tears into it.

Alice has also alluded to how intense filming season 2 has been and the challenges the cast and crew faced. She looks exhausted as well. Overall, it sounds like season 2 wasn't as easy a road to film as season 1. I don't know if that's simply due to the heavier subject matter of Charlie's eating disorder, all the distractions and newfound fame/scrutiny that are imposed on them now, or maybe even some backstage drama within the ranks of the show--or maybe a combination of all three.

In any case, I hope we get more context and backstory as to why season 2 was seemingly more difficult for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2022 6:59 PM

I think Kit and Joe's relationship is a funny one - they're clearly close but I feel like they would never say 'love you loads' in the way they do to other cast mates, and often find it vaguely awkward complimenting each other. I do semi wonder if they developed that sort of teasing/sarcastic friendship early on as a contrast against all the lovey dovey stuff they were having to act. And then it just stuck.

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2022 7:01 PM

R64 Middle or end of November if I remember correctly

R65 He obviously carries around a polaroid of Bradley in his suitcase.

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2022 7:05 PM

R67 I think partially that and partially them always hanging out on set with Bash in tow. Bit weird to have a super intimate friendship with your onscreen love interest when you’re also friends with and always hanging out with his boyfriend. Also everything they say to and about one another becomes a huge fandom moment in a way it doesn’t when they mention or praise the other cast. I will say I think they’re genuinely a good bit closer to one another than they are to their other costars minus Bash (obviously) for Joe and Will for Kit. There’s a reason the 4 of them hang out loads. I do still think they’re quite affectionate if not in words; they’re very huggy especially at GQ. If one of them wins the Emmy tonight I think they’ll be very glowing with praise for the other

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2022 7:06 PM

I’d feel bad for the DLr that paid money to go to the Emmys IF Kit doesn’t show up (I am 99% sure he will) chances are they all took photos of the Polaroids on the day and shared them on their group chat

by Anonymousreply 70December 11, 2022 7:06 PM

R70 I presumed the same. Will be genuinely shocked if Kit doesn’t show and very very baffled as to why. That said the hours at which he’s shared and liked things the past few days it’s very unlikely he’s in England and as there were no Argentina spottings yesterday or today and Maia was with her mates, I’m guessing he’s in LA.

Genuinely believe that Joe and Bash aren’t huge Bradley fans at this point. Doubt there’s any issue or anything, Joe just have Bradley a nice wrap gift, but they don’t seem close

by Anonymousreply 71December 11, 2022 7:09 PM

They're pretty affectionate in words (at least in interviews if not in Instagram Stories), the problem is that they're both really humble and awkward about taking compliments.

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2022 7:09 PM

Kit seems to be struggling to carry him but that shot is a cute one to post.

I can’t believe Kit isn’t in LA although I do wonder if out of him and Joe, it might be Joe who wins.

If Yaz wins I’ll be more than a bit disappointed. Just cannot warm to her at all.

by Anonymousreply 73December 11, 2022 7:10 PM

Call me a pessimist, but I think neither Joe nor Kit are going to win.

by Anonymousreply 74December 11, 2022 7:11 PM

Bradley seems VERY full on. I can imagine Joe finding him too much.

by Anonymousreply 75December 11, 2022 7:11 PM

R69 Agreed! I'm sure they're all comfortable that there's no attraction between them, but it's probably still a mark of respect/decency to not be all over your on-screen love interest. Joe's more outwardly huggy and affectionate with people like Tobie, and that could be partly because it's pretty obvious he isn't going to fancy Tobie (harsh as that is).

And I'd agree that the four of them are closer to each other, but I think Tobie isn't far off in terms of closeness. He just doesn't live nearby so they can't hang out as much.

by Anonymousreply 76December 11, 2022 7:12 PM

R75 He seems exhausting to me. Will Bash and Joe wish him happy birthday? Place your bets

by Anonymousreply 77December 11, 2022 7:13 PM

R77 Joe was already on, posted an Instagram Story celebrating the casting director, and didn't even bother liking Bradley's birthday post. Bash at least liked it?

by Anonymousreply 78December 11, 2022 7:14 PM

R74 I think vote spilling is really possible.

by Anonymousreply 79December 11, 2022 7:15 PM

For me, the worst case scenario is that there are no Heartstopper wins except Yaz. If we get at least a show or main actor win then that'll be good enough - but of course, more would be nice!

by Anonymousreply 80December 11, 2022 7:17 PM

R79 Yep. I think the combination of vote-splitting and having a veteran actress (and previous winner) as a competitor might be insurmountable for them.

by Anonymousreply 81December 11, 2022 7:18 PM

No way is Kit missing the Emmys. I'm calling it right now. No chance at all.

It's the most prestigious award for TV work, he's nominated for one (along with Joe and the show itself), he might actually win it, it's a networking opportunity unlike any other to mingle and promote himself and the show...the list goes on.

It's a HUGE event for an actor of his experience right now, to advance his career, but also to celebrate the success of the show with his HS family.

He ain't missing it.

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2022 7:20 PM

I think a casting award is a good sign, they obviously feel they got the right actors in the right roles, so max they can come away with tonight is 4?

by Anonymousreply 83December 11, 2022 7:20 PM

R82 We should know in about 2 hours! If not before, cos they might post pre-red carpet outfit pics.

by Anonymousreply 84December 11, 2022 7:21 PM

R77 bash liked his IG post so that’s likely the extent of it. Joe can use the excuse of presenting to “miss” posting a happy birthday (and to be fair he doesn’t hit everyone anyway, even people he’s closer to like Kizzy).

Regarding who wins: agree re vote splitting and Loretta being a past winner, and also think odd results happen based off episode strength. The voters didn’t all watch the whole show, likely just one FYC episode. They probably submitted the 8th episode for both; joes Scene with Jenny and Kit’s coming out. I actually think Joe was a little stronger that episode (think Kit was a little stronger in episodes 1-2 and 7) but it was close and not acting opposite olivia in that scene makes him the more likely of the two. Either way I actually think what made their performances impressive was the cumulative show and their consistency and the way they built the relationship and chemistry throughout; one episode doesn’t highlight that as well.

Think Olivia is likely the only winner; if it’s someone else think it’s likely Kit. I have a feeling Lisa Kudrow will easily win supporting, both due to name recognition, likely performance (haven’t seen her show but she’s consistently good), and lack of a “big moment” for Yaz. Ironically while I don’t think he was the strongest, I think Will was given more moments to work with that would have given him a chance for supporting (hearing from Elle that Charlie and Nick were dating, the fight with harry, the anger with Charlie); just don’t think he acted them well enough.

by Anonymousreply 85December 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Anyone but Yaz. Is there as much risk of a split vote if it’s a panel decision?

Shame cast not big name enough for anons on Deux Moi.

by Anonymousreply 86December 11, 2022 7:22 PM

Hopefully the DLer going tonight gets an opportunity to meet them. Also we will need the side scoop lol

by Anonymousreply 87December 11, 2022 7:23 PM

It’s the kid Emmys though. Not exactly the same really. Much like the kid BAFTAs. I mean, cool to win an award but it’s hardly up battling truly great TV shows in the main awards ceremonies.

by Anonymousreply 88December 11, 2022 7:24 PM

It's a brand new ceremony and an Emmy is an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 89December 11, 2022 7:26 PM

While I don’t seem to think Yaz was as bad as a lot of you do. I actually think the weakest performance was Will. I do hope that if someone wins something it’s Joe or Kit.

by Anonymousreply 90December 11, 2022 7:26 PM

R90 I agree Will was weaker but to be fair think he had more acting and a harder character than Yaz (Elle is fairly dull and mild mannered while Tao is dramatic and silky), and that the issue with Yaz is less her actual performance and more the insane extent to which she’s been over praised for it. I think their chances tonight are far lower than Joe and Kit

by Anonymousreply 91December 11, 2022 7:30 PM

R85 They actually submit 15 minute reels, not episodes. Hopefully Netflix knew what they were doing in selecting clips.

R90 The worst to me were probably interchangeably Yaz, Will, Cormac, and Bash (don't throw things at me!). People rag on Yaz here more than Will because Yaz has a much better chance of winning than Will and she's already won acting awards over Joe and Kit somehow (like the Rose O'Dor).

by Anonymousreply 92December 11, 2022 7:31 PM

I also like that they are recognizing quality content that skews younger and couldn't realistically compete with more adult shows.

by Anonymousreply 93December 11, 2022 7:31 PM

Yes hopefully but even with no Kit I’m here for the experience, to support the show, and cause fuck it why not? It will definitely be the icing on the cake for me if he shows but I’m going to enjoy myself regardless.

Jesus 2 hours I better start getting ready.

by Anonymousreply 94December 11, 2022 7:32 PM

I think their best chance is Olivia, the show itself also has a chance but probably isn’t favourite. I wouldn’t put Joe and Kit as favourites either but at the same time wouldn’t be shocked if one of them did get it. Realistically Kit has to be most likely of the two but sometimes I wonder if the Marvel casting didn’t swing things more towards Joe.

I wouldn’t expect Will to be in the running and if Yaz isn’t there she is probably out too. If she does win we all know it would be a representation rather than acting award but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing

by Anonymousreply 95December 11, 2022 7:36 PM

R92 fascinating, I didn’t think Bash was great but thought he was fine. For me JOe and Kit were pretty equivalent way up top, then Jenny, then a fairly big gap to Cori, then Kizzy and Bash, then Cormac, Rhea, Yaz, and Will. Tobie’s character is such a weirdo I couldn’t even judge his ability

by Anonymousreply 96December 11, 2022 7:37 PM

R92 Bash seems like an incredibly lovely person and I think he and Joe are adorable. But I agree, I didn’t think his acting was great.

Really there is no doubt in my mind that Kit and Joe absolutely carried the show and were the best all around. Kit being the strongest IMO.

by Anonymousreply 97December 11, 2022 7:38 PM

R95 Voting closed before the Marvel news came out, so it hasn't affected the outcome. Same with Kit's coming out.

R96 Really, really mean nothing personal against Bash, but I didn't like what he did with the corridor scene at all and that was what knocked him down for me. Completely agree with Kit, Joe, Jenny being above the rest.

by Anonymousreply 98December 11, 2022 7:41 PM

R96 that’s fair, the corridor scene was a real weak point in the first few episodes. Also think it was one of Joe’s weaker scenes ironically though he did outperform bash in it; maybe it was the weirdness of playing opposite their real life SO in the early days of their relationship. I thought they both pulled it back and were prettt good (again Joe was stronger) in the movie theatre episode and eighth episode while Cormac, Rhea, Will, and Yaz had weak points in every episode they were in to me. Either way though I don’t think Bash was a standout so I can understand thinking he was a weak link in it. I’ve liked him in other projects I’ve seen him in and liked Will in the Trials so hopefully they both step it up for season 2; haven’t seen any of Yaz Cormac or Rhea’s other work

by Anonymousreply 99December 11, 2022 7:47 PM

R92 I think that’s a bit harsh on Bash his performance wasn’t on a level with Joe and Kit but he had some really good moments and putting him on a par with Harry who was hands down the weakest performer on set is unfair.

Joe and Kit unquestionably carried it as many have said and Jenny and Fisayo more than held their own. Cori was excellent, Rhea and Bash both had their moments. Kizzy and Will were inconsistent. Yaz wasn’t challenged but came across very monotone and Tobie just wasn’t asked to act at all so no judgement is possible. And of course Olivia was exceptionally good

That is my honest analysis but I’d say overall none of them were bad (except maybe Harry) bearing in mind they are so young and so many were in their first professional role. Bearing that in mind although I think Kit might have edged it for consistency the fact this was Joe’s first role makes his performance the most impressive to me

by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2022 7:51 PM

[quote]Bearing that in mind although I think Kit might have edged it for consistency the fact this was Joe’s first role makes his performance the most impressive to me

That's actually, in a way, something that affected my opinion of Bash's acting. Bash was up there with Kit in terms of experience and it didn't reflect in his acting. He wasn't considerably better than most of the newbies and was outshone by Joe in the corridor scene despite it being, as you said, his first professional role.

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2022 8:28 PM

DL spy, do you have access to the red carpet section to see arrivals?

by Anonymousreply 102December 11, 2022 8:41 PM

R101 I get that and agree the corridor scene wasn’t his best. I put it down to how tough it must have been to perform that when they were in the throes of falling in love in real life but Joe managed it better.

There were later scenes however, notably 7 and 8 where he was really strong and he conveyed the internal conflict, pain and jealousy very well. I also feel he was good in a more subtle way in episode 5.

But like you said comparing someone with his CV directly with Joe doesn’t do him any favours. It may be he found it harder to detach from his personal feelings early on or maybe it’s just a reflection of what a natural talent Joe is - after all you don’t get a Marvel casting for nothing

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2022 8:43 PM

I will say it was a very well casted show overall. While some of the acting made me cringe at times it honestly wasn’t any more than most teen shows do (and the “teens” in those shows are generally in their mid twenties with training and experience this cast didn’t have), and at least some of the cringe was the script. Thinking of Joe and Kit as the two strongest, I don’t think anyone could have pulled off going “Char…” with a serious face or “why are we like this!” Without it seeming a little absurd so I think for those two especially I see many weak points as failures in script or direction rather than acting.

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2022 8:43 PM

I do not think Cormac was bad as Harry. I do think he could have benefitted from better direction though, I am still not entirely sure who he was meant to be: class clown desperate to be the alpha in his group of lads, or simply a raging asshole? He was consisently a dick, but he seemed to show some self-awareness after the party confrontation with Nick, and after the cinema incident.

I thought Yaz was mediocre overall tbh, her scene with Will on the park bench may have been the weakest in the series.

by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2022 8:44 PM

The scene in the park with will and Yaz, I've watched it only once for the first watch. After that it was always a skip. Well then I skip everything except nick and Charlie scenes.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2022 8:46 PM

I just pulled up the park scene because you guys made me curious and I agree, Yaz is exceptionally wooden in it. Surprisingly, I think it's one of Will's better scenes. He's naturalistic in it and isn't doing the stage acting overacting and over-emoting he did in other spots.

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2022 8:54 PM

I think basically everyone in the cast had a scene that showed their potential. Most had weak points but I think with lessons and better direction they can do better in s2. Curious to hear what others think they are. Interestingly, to me, Kit’s best wasn’t his coming out scene but was Nick researching his sexuality and being confused; Joe’s was the scene with Jenny at the drums (which was also her best scene), Cori and Kizzy was the music room scene; Bash was the movie theatre dialogue; Will’s was the lunch table conversation with Nick in episode 8; Rhea’s was opposite Kit in the park. Didn’t see any standout moments from Yaz, Cormac, or Tobie though to be fair the latter two are set to have character development in s2 so we’ll see.

I think where Joe and Kit had a huge leg up on the others was the nonverbal acting. Joe during and just after the first kiss scene was insanely good and realistic, as were Kit’s expressions and anger confronting Harry in the movie theatre. Didn’t realize from r92 that they submitted reels; I do think that’ll actually allow both of them to show more range than just the one episode.

by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2022 9:01 PM

In fairness to the actors, some of the dialogue was so awkward as to be cringeworthy, and I cannot imagine how these could have been delivered comfortably. 'I love liking you!' is a phrase that has never been said by anyone, ever.

As a side note, re: the Tao/Elle park bench scene, I thought it odd that Tao was so clueless and shocked about Nick & Charlie dating -- as he had just run down the corridor to the concert behind Nick and Charlie...who were holding hands.

To your point R108, my favourite Kit scene I think was a moment in which he had almost no lines -- Nick is sitting with Charlie in the dining hall, Charlie is haltingly moving towards breaking up as he feels he is fucking up Nick's life. The look of realisation and horror on Kit's face, shown only in profile, was very effective.

by Anonymousreply 109December 11, 2022 9:20 PM

R108 I don’t really disagree with any of that.

I think Kit’s strength overall was his non verbal work a lot of it was exceptional including the sexuality research bits, and I agree that as good as he was in the coming out scene they were better. Both of them were great for the first kiss scene but Joe was better and like you said completely nailed the aftermath. The scene with Jenny, the corridor scene, the whole conversation scene by the grab machine in episode 5 were all stand outs for Joe, and both he and Bash were exceptionally good in the cinema sequence which was also Bash’s strongest.

I agree with Will’s and Rhea’s best scenes, Jenny was pretty flawless throughout and Cori and Kizzy both best in the music room but Cori also had a couple of other high points.

Yaz I can’t really call nothing stands out and the only time I saw Cormac even appear to act was a couple of points around the cinema confrontation. Tobie was just Tobie

by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote]...my favourite Kit scene I think was a moment in which he had almost no lines -- Nick is sitting with Charlie in the dining hall, Charlie is haltingly moving towards breaking up as he feels he is fucking up Nick's life. The look of realisation and horror on Kit's face, shown only in profile, was very effective.

The non-verbal work that Kit does is what gives him the edge over the rest for me. In that scene with the changes in his facial expression and in his breathing, the despair in his face when he asks Charlie to lunch and Charlie turns him down in the last episode, the tear when he's researching his sexuality, stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 111December 11, 2022 9:31 PM

I’m on my way, Uber delayed but it’s only a 5 minute drive.

by Anonymousreply 112December 11, 2022 9:35 PM

Can we watch Emmys red carpet anywhere? It has started I guess.

by Anonymousreply 113December 11, 2022 9:35 PM

R112 Have fun!

by Anonymousreply 114December 11, 2022 9:37 PM

R111 I think he and Joe understood that the material being somewhat understated gave them an opportunity to step up and show multifaceted emotions in a way others didn't. I don't fault the others; they were overall less trained and to be fair I think both Kit and Joe are unusually talented especially given Joe's complete inexperience. But I think both of them were good at taking the surface level idea of "Nick is confused about his sexuality or scared Charlie is dumping him" or "Charlie is sad after Nick runs out post first kiss or hurt by Ben being a dick to him after the film" and turning it into really compelling moments. The same also applies to their happy moments, by the way - the scene of Nick smiling at Charlie during the concert and Charlie staring at Nick while they're meant to be studying are genuinely convincing and sweet as it's more than just staring at one another with doe eyes.

The others I think went pretty hard into the surface level emotion; they often did a decent job with it (especially Cori and to be fair to her Rhea) of being upset or conflicted or having a crush but didn't really seem to do a lot beyond "Tao feels betrayed by Charlie" or whatever. I think the multifaceted thing is also why Jenny and Fisayo stood out; he did a really good job of being carefully neutral and professional but caring a lot about his student and Jenny nailed the "apathetic older sister who secretly adores her brother" thing without seeming unrealistic, which is impressive as I think Tori could have been a truly annoying character played by anyone else.

R112 the hopes of a nation (DL) are on you. Hopefully you get to meet Kit and get footage of Joe and Bash snogging.

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2022 9:39 PM

R113 Getty would be your best bet. It doesn't start for a bit, but seems like some pictures are coming out

by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote]I am still not entirely sure who he was meant to be: class clown desperate to be the alpha in his group of lads, or simply a raging asshole?

To me, it was pretty clear it was the former. Whenever he makes fun of Charlie he looks to the group to see their reaction. I don't think he hates Charlie because he's gay, he just sees him as an easy target to get a laugh. I think this is why (in his mind) Harry doesn't think he's being homophobic. It's all just banter to him. He doesn't realize that equating homosexuality as something to be made fun of and ridiculed is still homophobic.

Like all bullies, Harry is just insecure. Deep down, I think he wants to be the alpha lad that Nick is, but he knows he can't be. He doesn't have Nick's social skills and talent. So, he instead hangs close to Nick in hopes of gaining second-hand popularity. I think Harry starts to resent Charlie, and his bullying begins to escalate, when he sees how much Nick cares for Charlie and likes him. I think, on some level, Harry becomes jealous that Charlie (a "gay nerd" at the bottom of the social pecking order) has managed to garner this attention from Nick, when Harry wants that attention himself (not in a romantic way, but a friendship way).

Harry doesn't know Nick and Charlie have romantic feelings. All he knows is that Charlie has somehow managed to join their friendship group and earn the camaraderie and attention of the most popular boy, something Harry wants himself.

That's how I read the character.

I also didn't feel the script dialogue was as cringey as people go on about here. I love the "why are we like this," line! It perfectly sums up how weirdly wholesome their relationship is, that even they have to joke about it sometimes. Sometimes Nick and Charlie are so overly concerned with how the other feels, they end up misinterpreting each other when they are both very much on the same page.

by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2022 9:43 PM

R116 Nm, the pictures are from last night. But still Getty

It's supposed to start at 3, which is like 15 mins from now

by Anonymousreply 118December 11, 2022 9:45 PM

You were right the first time, they’re uploading pictures from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 11, 2022 9:46 PM

R118 if you change the filter to latest, they are uploading todays

by Anonymousreply 120December 11, 2022 9:47 PM

R117 Well thought out analysis, thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 121December 11, 2022 9:52 PM

I expect Kit and Joe to stick to their favourite move of showing up relatively late. Cannot fault them for it, especially given how young many of the attendees are

by Anonymousreply 122December 11, 2022 9:55 PM

Late or won't even do the red carpet. Event doesn't start for another two hours anyway.

I do like how Kit has been seen today in both LA and in Argentina according to fans

by Anonymousreply 123December 11, 2022 9:58 PM

R117 Also, as I may have mentioned somewhere at some point, I am *really* looking forward to seeing how they play Cormac's react shot when he realises Nick & Charlie are dating.

by Anonymousreply 124December 11, 2022 9:59 PM

There is a press entrance I’m assuming is red carpet area that I do not have access to, but I think they all filter into the same room that I had to enter.

by Anonymousreply 125December 11, 2022 10:01 PM

DLer are you at the red carpet?

by Anonymousreply 126December 11, 2022 10:04 PM

No, I’m in a reception area getting sloshed. Only press can get into red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 127December 11, 2022 10:12 PM

So, we're all wondering when we'll see the cast show up to the ceremony. Any word on if Alice, Euros and Patrick flew in for the ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 128December 11, 2022 10:13 PM

Alice is taking a social media break, I don't expect Euros and Patrick hasn't updated anything

by Anonymousreply 129December 11, 2022 10:15 PM

Joe just followed a groomer, so he may be getting his hair and make-up done now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130December 11, 2022 10:17 PM

It’d be so great if they posted a group photo /lots of live and direct stories but I fear those days are long gone…

by Anonymousreply 131December 11, 2022 10:20 PM

R127 lol! Have fun!

by Anonymousreply 132December 11, 2022 10:21 PM

Joe and Bash just pulled up according to twitter. Go find them anon. Stop drinking, you lush

by Anonymousreply 133December 11, 2022 10:23 PM

Bash wearing pink. Joe wearing black.

Fans are outside meeting them, maybe you should head out to meet Kit

by Anonymousreply 134December 11, 2022 10:26 PM

Came to report the same Joe and Bash have apparently arrived just no pictures yet and no Will yet either

by Anonymousreply 135December 11, 2022 10:26 PM

The person that's tweeting from the Emmys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 11, 2022 10:26 PM

R136 cute Bash signed his Dinosaur shirt. Wish he’d taken a oic

by Anonymousreply 137December 11, 2022 10:27 PM

Pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 11, 2022 10:29 PM

Bash is hot but WHY did they do that to his hair, also don’t love the shade of pink. Joe looks amazing

by Anonymousreply 139December 11, 2022 10:29 PM

Not sure about Bash's outfit

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2022 10:30 PM

Omg I’m standing next to J and B

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2022 10:30 PM

joe looks great, his stylist deserves a raise BUT what did he do to his eyebrow???

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2022 10:30 PM

Where the flip is Kit?

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2022 10:30 PM

Joe looks nice! I like the earrings. Bash… not my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2022 10:31 PM

That is NOT a good look on Bash

by Anonymousreply 145December 11, 2022 10:31 PM

Not sure about Joe's eyebrows slit.

by Anonymousreply 146December 11, 2022 10:31 PM

R141 TALK TO THEM.

by Anonymousreply 147December 11, 2022 10:31 PM

R141 we need the scoop

by Anonymousreply 148December 11, 2022 10:31 PM

R141 DL spy?!

by Anonymousreply 149December 11, 2022 10:32 PM

Bash hair could be better, he’s got such a nice hair. He should fire who did this to him.

by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2022 10:32 PM

Agreed. Not feeling Bash's outfit tonight. He usually is best dressed, but not feeling this tonight.

Joe looks great.

by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2022 10:32 PM

I’m really not sure Kit’s going to be there. Which would be gutting. Hope I’m proved wrong.

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2022 10:32 PM

R146 Maybe it's for Wiccan?

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2022 10:33 PM

R153 that was my thought too.

by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2022 10:34 PM

I’m glad that Bash isn’t nominated or presenting because that is not a look to memorialize that kind of thing with.

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2022 10:35 PM

Joe is gorgeous in person. I just got a pic, Bash was getting a drink

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2022 10:36 PM

Harry Lambert was a mistake

by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2022 10:36 PM

Not bash bringing a PHYSICAL camera. His iPhone isn’t enough, he needs to capture joe content on film

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2022 10:36 PM

I’m very curious as to whether they’ll pose together on the red carpet

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2022 10:36 PM

R156 are they coupley in person? Without knowing them would you know they’re more than costars/mates?

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2022 10:36 PM

R156 that’s exciting! I hope you get to meet Kit too.

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2022 10:37 PM

“Harry Lambert was a mistake” of course he was, he dressed Harry Styles

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2022 10:37 PM

There’s a 3rd guy with them

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2022 10:39 PM

R156 Did you talk to him at all?

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2022 10:39 PM

If Kit doesn't show on arguably the biggest night of his career (thus far), it must be on one hell of an excuse.

I'm shocked if Alice doesn't show, or at least Patrick. What if the show wins? Will the cast accept the Emmy on behalf of the show?

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2022 10:40 PM

What if Kit actually doesn’t go?

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2022 10:40 PM

Where’s Will? Maybe he and Kit will arrive together.

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2022 10:41 PM

I honestly can't get over Bash's gay Colonel Sanders look. Antebellum gay.

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2022 10:41 PM

Will is also not there yet. They might come together.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2022 10:41 PM

The 3 of them are in a corner, but Joe and bash across from each other just chatting

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2022 10:41 PM

He's dumb if he doesn't go. Simple. I won't believe it until the night is over

by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2022 10:41 PM

Will also reached.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2022 10:42 PM

Will is there. Decent chance the presenters had to get there earlier, otherwise 0 percent chance Joe would come this early

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2022 10:42 PM

It's going to be ridiculous if it's just them from the show. 0 reason for Kit and Yaz to miss.

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2022 10:43 PM

No need to see more, Will wins best dressed

by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2022 10:44 PM

DLer, go meet Will and ask him if Kit’s going.

by Anonymousreply 176December 11, 2022 10:44 PM

Will and Olivia just arrived, talking to Joe and bash. No kit

by Anonymousreply 177December 11, 2022 10:44 PM

I didn't expect Olivia to come actually

by Anonymousreply 178December 11, 2022 10:45 PM

He’s not been seen anywhere for a while; it must have been because he was travelling and it would surely be to LA. Insane to think he’d skip it.

by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2022 10:45 PM

Olivia is there???? i’m surprised, she truly enjoyed working on the show

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2022 10:45 PM

R156 Woop! Do share (if you’re comfortable). So are guests/celebs just mingling with other people then?

by Anonymousreply 181December 11, 2022 10:45 PM

R178 Olivia as in Will's sister.

by Anonymousreply 182December 11, 2022 10:46 PM

They just got pulled to a press area

Bash doesn’t seem that much taller than Joe?

by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2022 10:46 PM

Is that Will's girlfriend at R173 's link?

I agree. Love Will's outfit. He always wears interesting, yet not over-the-top pieces.

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2022 10:46 PM

It’s his sister

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2022 10:47 PM

No, that’s his sister. The one he does Wasia Project with.

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2022 10:47 PM

Think Joe is easily the best dressed but Will looks great (and Bash’s jacket and hair are horrible).

by Anonymousreply 187December 11, 2022 10:48 PM

Yes everyone mingling. They’re off to press only area now I will try to catch Bash and Will when they’re back.

by Anonymousreply 188December 11, 2022 10:50 PM

That is crazy that Kit isn't going to this. So far he still isn't there right?

by Anonymousreply 189December 11, 2022 10:52 PM

R188 What was Joe like? Friendly?

by Anonymousreply 190December 11, 2022 10:53 PM

R189 We don't even know where in the world Kit is right now.

by Anonymousreply 191December 11, 2022 10:53 PM

Event doesn't start for another hour

by Anonymousreply 192December 11, 2022 10:54 PM

R189 the event doesn’t even start for another hour and a half. Generally at most awards shows presenters (and their plus ones) are there earlier than everyone else, and Joe and kit have a habit of not showing up early to red carpets (they skipped GQ altogether). I’d be shocked if he and Yaz didn’t gi

by Anonymousreply 193December 11, 2022 10:55 PM

Yes he was very friendly, lovely smile.

by Anonymousreply 194December 11, 2022 10:57 PM

Joe joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 11, 2022 10:57 PM

Kit will be there.

by Anonymousreply 196December 11, 2022 10:57 PM

He looks great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 11, 2022 10:57 PM

R195 That slit looks really good on him.

R196 Do you know for a fact or are you willing it into existence?

by Anonymousreply 198December 11, 2022 10:58 PM

Joe is legitimately gorgeous. Quite the glow up this past year; he’s always been great on film but he’s getting more and more photogenic

by Anonymousreply 199December 11, 2022 10:59 PM

R197 Such a good look for him!

by Anonymousreply 200December 11, 2022 10:59 PM

His eyebrows looks good.

by Anonymousreply 201December 11, 2022 10:59 PM

Looks like a fan pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 11, 2022 11:00 PM

His brows do look great. A little more groomed than they are sometimes , but kept their uniqueness

by Anonymousreply 203December 11, 2022 11:00 PM

They still haven’t reappeared from whatever area they went to.

by Anonymousreply 204December 11, 2022 11:04 PM

R204 was the third guy Patrick Walters (just not sure if you recognized him) or more likely Joe’s agent or something? Glad you managed to get a pic with Joe, that’s awesome

by Anonymousreply 205December 11, 2022 11:05 PM

They might be doing a run through of their presenting duties?

by Anonymousreply 206December 11, 2022 11:05 PM

R204 Maybe they’ll be there for a while, rehearsing their presenting bits? Gives you time to chill and keep an eye out for Kit, haha.

by Anonymousreply 207December 11, 2022 11:06 PM

The woman in the orange and pink dress on the Getty images site served, but, we need other photos now please lol

by Anonymousreply 208December 11, 2022 11:12 PM

The person that was staking out the awards left because he had to go to the bathroom so it's up to the DLer now.

by Anonymousreply 209December 11, 2022 11:13 PM

R209 he did say he had video of meeting Joe bash and Will and Olivia so that’ll be interesting

by Anonymousreply 210December 11, 2022 11:14 PM

There’s 3 little reception areas and I’m wandering back and forth but still don’t see them back..

by Anonymousreply 211December 11, 2022 11:19 PM

I wonder who the third guy is? Someone from see saw maybe?

by Anonymousreply 212December 11, 2022 11:20 PM

R212 Could be some sort of stylist/groomer to give them touch ups through the evening, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 213December 11, 2022 11:24 PM

I suppose it could have been Pat but I only saw the back of him.

by Anonymousreply 214December 11, 2022 11:25 PM

It would be really weird if they didn’t send any higher ups from the production to this given how many nominations they got.

by Anonymousreply 215December 11, 2022 11:25 PM

R214 makes sense, thanks! Hopefully the event is fun overall

R215 I’m sure someone is there if they sent two makeup people

by Anonymousreply 216December 11, 2022 11:26 PM

R215 My guess would be that Joe and Will showed up earlier to rehearse stuff, and other people (hopefully Kit, potentially Alice/Euros etc) will show up very soon.

by Anonymousreply 217December 11, 2022 11:27 PM

If Kit isn’t there, they surely won’t make Joe accept his award if he does win? Would be a bit bloody awkward.

by Anonymousreply 218December 11, 2022 11:29 PM

I mean accept Kits award

by Anonymousreply 219December 11, 2022 11:29 PM

I’m still curious about Yaz, solely because of yesterday’s fan pic.

by Anonymousreply 220December 11, 2022 11:30 PM

If Kit won the presenter would probably just do one of those “He couldn’t be here with us tonight so I will accept on his behalf” bits.

by Anonymousreply 221December 11, 2022 11:31 PM

Don’t know why it’s sideways. Olivia is tall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 11, 2022 11:34 PM

R222 DL spy, is this you? Or did you find the pic online?

by Anonymousreply 223December 11, 2022 11:36 PM

Slight tangent...

Noticing a lot of 15-year-old actresses dressing up like 35 year-olds. WTF. Dress your age!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 11, 2022 11:38 PM

R223that’s me. We’re walking into theatre now. Looks like they’re front row (I think it’s stage left?

by Anonymousreply 225December 11, 2022 11:43 PM

Yaz not being there yet along with that fan pic from yesterday makes me think she's not coming. She hasn't met a red carpet she doesn't love. Not sure she'd wait and slip in last minute. Kit I can see doing that.

by Anonymousreply 226December 11, 2022 11:43 PM

There’s some videos of them meeting the fan from earlier, you can see someone in a blue velour type suit stood to the side definitely looks like Patrick from a glance anyway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 11, 2022 11:44 PM

I don't think Kit's going. He has less than 20 minutes to get there, he hasn't followed a single grooming person, he hasn't been spotted anywhere in the country.

by Anonymousreply 228December 11, 2022 11:45 PM

R227 Definitely Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 229December 11, 2022 11:45 PM

So Oscar/BAFTA/Emmy winner Olivia can show up but Kit can't. Just makes no sense since he's gone to every other stupid little thing for the show. I'll be in denial until the last minute of the show

by Anonymousreply 230December 11, 2022 11:47 PM

R230 Olivia Colman isn't there, the Olivia that's there is Will's sister Olivia Hardy.

by Anonymousreply 231December 11, 2022 11:47 PM

They’re all seated, and no Kit so I think he’s a no show.

by Anonymousreply 232December 11, 2022 11:47 PM

Are Bash and Joe sat together?

by Anonymousreply 233December 11, 2022 11:48 PM

R231 well, fuck I was confused. I thought Olivia Colman came.

by Anonymousreply 234December 11, 2022 11:48 PM

If it turns out that Kit isn't at this thing because he's still in Argentina I will absolutely be siding with the nutjobs that troll about his and Maia's relationship on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 235December 11, 2022 11:49 PM

Wow, shocker Kit isn't there. Unless his reason was a personal emergency, kinda dumb for him to skip it--especially if it's to be with Maia.

by Anonymousreply 236December 11, 2022 11:50 PM

R235 gonna side with that brown1 joekit guy who says it's illegal for them to date since Kit's a child

by Anonymousreply 237December 11, 2022 11:50 PM

Very odd of kit not to come unless he has a competing job or something; frankly surprised his PR would alllow it

by Anonymousreply 238December 11, 2022 11:51 PM

R237 I'm going to start throwing the word groomer around like dollars at a strip club. He better be auditioning for Scorsese or some shit to be missing.

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2022 11:52 PM

He could have just brought Maia to LA or went back to see her on Monday. Seriously Kit

And I'm not even a Kit fan all that much

by Anonymousreply 240December 11, 2022 11:52 PM

I’m yes from the aisle it’s Will, Olivia, Joe, Bash and Patrick is aisle seat behind them. I just went to wish them good luck.

by Anonymousreply 241December 11, 2022 11:52 PM

I’d be really really surprised if it’s because of Maia he’s not there, maybe he’s needed somewhere for a new project, but, hey stranger things have happened maybe it is because of her

by Anonymousreply 242December 11, 2022 11:53 PM

Alice didn't bother to show up either?

I confused why they don't think the Emmy's is a big deal. Weird. Yes, it's the children's Emmy's but still. Alice could be an Emmy wining writer despite her cringe dialogue

by Anonymousreply 243December 11, 2022 11:54 PM

Poor service in here, but someone online just said kits in London

by Anonymousreply 244December 11, 2022 11:54 PM

They do not feel serious enough for him to have skipped for her, especially since they were fine going months without seeing each other, I'm just assuming that for now since Argentina was the last place he was seen.

by Anonymousreply 245December 11, 2022 11:55 PM

Someone online? Sorry r244 are you the DL person in attendance? If he’s back in London then maybe it is / job thing, otherwise I think it’s a very weird move

by Anonymousreply 246December 11, 2022 11:56 PM

If he was filming something they'd give him the day off

by Anonymousreply 247December 11, 2022 11:56 PM

I feel sorry for Maia if it’s not because of her, because she is about to get a shed load of cr@p online

by Anonymousreply 248December 11, 2022 11:57 PM

I know there’s still a small window where Kit could show but I feel the need to be smug and point out I said on these very pages some days ago that just maybe it was Joe and Will presenting because Kit wasn’t coming and needed a stand in.

I don’t think he’s still in Argentina he’s not been spotted for a while so probably a work clash maybe he was needed for something back on this side of the Atlantic

by Anonymousreply 249December 11, 2022 11:58 PM

Will in white, sorry it’s from a video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 11, 2022 11:58 PM

I actually like Kit as a person and think he’s very talented and sweet but to no show to the Emmys without giving any reason this early in his career is bizarre. Even an IG story saying “bummed I can’t make it but fingers crossed for all things Heartstopper!”

by Anonymousreply 251December 11, 2022 11:59 PM

He’s very unlikely to be filming something on a Sunday, when he was just chilling in Argentina a few days ago. Baffled as to why he isn’t there… it’s making me think it could be stress/exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 252December 11, 2022 11:59 PM

R249 I honestly didn't want to think that Will is only presenting because the better option wasn't available, that feels mean.

by Anonymousreply 253December 11, 2022 11:59 PM

R251 Genuinely have no idea what him and Yaz are thinking.

by Anonymousreply 254December 12, 2022 12:00 AM

Honestly at this point it’s best for everyone if Kit doesn’t win. Have nothing against him, actually think that he gave the best performance in s1 and think it’s very likely a skip is for sensible or work related reasons but optically looks very bad if he beats his costar who showed up when he didn’t. Still think Loretta will likely beat them both though so moot point

by Anonymousreply 255December 12, 2022 12:01 AM

Pretty gutted that Kit isn’t there, I was 99% sure he would be.

by Anonymousreply 256December 12, 2022 12:01 AM

R254. Same. Can you imagine if they both won and didn't show up? lol

Doesn't look good.

by Anonymousreply 257December 12, 2022 12:02 AM

It really surprises me.

and it's not Maia's fault, but she's about to get tons of shit for him not going

by Anonymousreply 258December 12, 2022 12:03 AM

Who said Kit was in London? Was it a reputable source?

by Anonymousreply 259December 12, 2022 12:03 AM

We now need the red carpet photos

by Anonymousreply 260December 12, 2022 12:03 AM

R249 No. Kit's been in three different places today according to fans

by Anonymousreply 261December 12, 2022 12:04 AM

Didn't use the word "Fuck" to get nominated for children's awards and didn't bother to show up. Huh Alice

by Anonymousreply 262December 12, 2022 12:08 AM

I know it’s the Emmys but it is the kids Emmys. Maybe to them, it just wasn’t as big a deal as we thought.

by Anonymousreply 263December 12, 2022 12:11 AM

R253 I think it’s less mean more practical the invitation would logically have gone to the leads and when Kit couldn’t make it one of the other nominees stepped in.

From what I’ve seen if their public speaking much as I love Kit I feel Will would probably do a better job he seems much more comfortable with speeches

by Anonymousreply 264December 12, 2022 12:12 AM

R263 I also didn’t think they’d be overly invested but I thought Netflix would be given they strategized to get them these nominations

by Anonymousreply 265December 12, 2022 12:13 AM

Loretta Devine is there, for those keeping track.

by Anonymousreply 266December 12, 2022 12:15 AM

By any objective measure Netflix is getting their money's worth from this cast, they have flown all over the place and done countless media appearances and interviews. Perhaps Kit is just burnt out after his SA journeys and asked for a respite, I dare say he's earned it.

by Anonymousreply 267December 12, 2022 12:17 AM

Nice the ones who showed are in the front row, get a lot of glimpses of them

by Anonymousreply 268December 12, 2022 12:21 AM

R263....I can believe this of Yaz, but not Kit.

He's gone to every award ceremony (big and small) for HS. I'd be really disappointed if he skipped these awards simply because they are in the Children's programming category.

by Anonymousreply 269December 12, 2022 12:21 AM

[quote]I'd be really disappointed if he skipped these awards simply because they are in the Children's programming category.

I think that's probably the least likely reason he's skipped, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 270December 12, 2022 12:23 AM

I hope if kit wins, the presenter takes his awards. Don't want Joe to go on stage to represent someone else

by Anonymousreply 271December 12, 2022 12:23 AM

R271 that happened yesterday, Jojo Sowa just accepted for them

by Anonymousreply 272December 12, 2022 12:24 AM

Joe and Will aren’t in their seats so I assume they’re presenting next.

by Anonymousreply 273December 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Joe and Will are out of their seats so presenting the next few together I’d guess

by Anonymousreply 274December 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Joe and Will have disappeared, they must be presenting next

by Anonymousreply 275December 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Tonight is a bit classier than the mess yesterday

by Anonymousreply 276December 12, 2022 12:29 AM

If Will presenting is because Kit didn’t go, obviously his lack of attendance was preplanned. Wonder why? I get he’s likely tired but odd that he’d pick Comic-Con over this

by Anonymousreply 277December 12, 2022 12:30 AM

I doubt it has anything to do with Maia. Though agree, not sure how a few interviews, a 20 minute con appearance and some fan service pics are more worth more to his career long run.

Wonder if they know who wins. The winners were decided when the nominees are announced. They work a bit different than the normal Emmy's

by Anonymousreply 278December 12, 2022 12:34 AM

Only conflicts I can think of that wouldn’t be dumb reasons to miss are either something super important with his family or an audition for something that couldn’t be moved.

by Anonymousreply 279December 12, 2022 12:35 AM

R278 if they do and if the others also don’t win, then the skipping is more understandable. If Joe or Will win and they no showed it’s not a great look still.

R279 I honestly think kit at least missed for a good reason, but throwing up an IG story would’ve been a good look

by Anonymousreply 280December 12, 2022 12:37 AM

Will and Joe are presenting next as they announced. Fun they’re doing a few

by Anonymousreply 281December 12, 2022 12:38 AM

Jack McBrayer is handling this mess really well.

by Anonymousreply 282December 12, 2022 12:41 AM

Here they are.

by Anonymousreply 283December 12, 2022 12:43 AM

This height difference is so funny. They look amazing

by Anonymousreply 284December 12, 2022 12:43 AM

They look good

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 12, 2022 12:45 AM

Joe handled that well. Hes cute

by Anonymousreply 286December 12, 2022 12:46 AM

Joe's real cute. Bash better watch out

by Anonymousreply 287December 12, 2022 12:47 AM

Funny that they’re having them present a Heartstopper category.

by Anonymousreply 288December 12, 2022 12:50 AM

Bash recording Joe like a weirdo lmao. He’s so predictable

by Anonymousreply 289December 12, 2022 12:51 AM

Not the Zoom in on Bash like he’s Patrick’s happy partner.

by Anonymousreply 290December 12, 2022 12:52 AM

Wow so Alice won, good for them ig

by Anonymousreply 291December 12, 2022 12:57 AM

Can you imagine if Alice wins but the actors that carried her awkward writing lose?

by Anonymousreply 292December 12, 2022 12:58 AM

Really cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 12, 2022 1:01 AM

Joe was very cute announcing heartstopper as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 294December 12, 2022 1:02 AM

R285 Will is one of those people that could wear the ugliest outfit and still make it work, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 295December 12, 2022 1:09 AM

From getty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 12, 2022 1:15 AM

Is there a program for the awards? Getting tired of watching it but would like to see the other heartstopper categories.

by Anonymousreply 297December 12, 2022 1:16 AM

I actually don't mind bash's look when he's posing normally. Those fans pics didn't do him justice

by Anonymousreply 298December 12, 2022 1:17 AM

How do we get Bash to drop Harry Lambert? He looks like a Disneyland ride attendant.

by Anonymousreply 299December 12, 2022 1:17 AM

R297 Just follow the emmy's on twitter. I'm not watching anymore either

variety has a list they are updating too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 12, 2022 1:18 AM

R297 Your best bet is seeing if the DLer has a paper program with him and posts it.

by Anonymousreply 301December 12, 2022 1:20 AM

I think Heartstopper is the only programme with a big fanbase that will watch the whole thing. Smart of them to kick their awards to the end of the show

by Anonymousreply 302December 12, 2022 1:31 AM

R302 hopefully they win for my sacrifice lol

by Anonymousreply 303December 12, 2022 1:35 AM

Will and Yaz lost to someone from Sweet Tooth.

by Anonymousreply 304December 12, 2022 1:36 AM

Yaz and Will lost. Sweet Tooth guy deserved it

by Anonymousreply 305December 12, 2022 1:36 AM

Very surprised Lisa Kudrow didn’t win

by Anonymousreply 306December 12, 2022 1:37 AM

Olivia Colman won Guest Performance.

by Anonymousreply 307December 12, 2022 1:39 AM

Olivia won obviously

by Anonymousreply 308December 12, 2022 1:40 AM

I wonder if that bodes well for Kit? I still think they’ll split votes but I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 309December 12, 2022 1:40 AM

So is Patrick going to accept Kit’s award too if he wins? Lol

by Anonymousreply 310December 12, 2022 1:41 AM

KIT WON

by Anonymousreply 311December 12, 2022 1:42 AM

What a kick in the teeth for Joe. This looks super tacky (obviously kit might have good reason to miss but it looks really bad).

by Anonymousreply 312December 12, 2022 1:42 AM

R307 That was the only one that was nailed on no surprise there

by Anonymousreply 313December 12, 2022 1:42 AM

Feel bad for Joe

bash accepting, at least that's funny

by Anonymousreply 314December 12, 2022 1:43 AM

It would have looked worse if Joe hadn’t presented. LMAO at Bash and Will having to jump in.

by Anonymousreply 315December 12, 2022 1:43 AM

Wow that was brutal to Joe.

by Anonymousreply 316December 12, 2022 1:43 AM

Messy in general

by Anonymousreply 317December 12, 2022 1:44 AM

Good for Kit. I did want Joe to win though however. At least he actually showed up

by Anonymousreply 318December 12, 2022 1:45 AM

I don't mean to be smug, but I really did try warning everyone here that Kit's performance was the most well-received within the industry. And honestly? This makes the path for Joe next year easier. The show has a foot in the door in performance wins and he'll have the meatier material.

by Anonymousreply 319December 12, 2022 1:45 AM

The presenter seemed confused which makes me think Kit was suppose to be there but something came up.

by Anonymousreply 320December 12, 2022 1:45 AM

Situation is pretty awkward since Bash and Will had to rush up there when I'm sure Joe probably felt a a bit bad

R319 Then don't be smug

by Anonymousreply 321December 12, 2022 1:46 AM

R320 And the voiceover announcer said that Kit was going to be accepting the award I'm pretty sure.

by Anonymousreply 322December 12, 2022 1:47 AM

R319 well you may not mean to but you do sound smug. Maybe well reviewed kit could’ve bothered to show up.

by Anonymousreply 323December 12, 2022 1:47 AM

The show won Casting, Lead Performance, Guest Performance, and Writing so they're probably winning the big show award as well.

by Anonymousreply 324December 12, 2022 1:48 AM

Joe sitting by his lonesome. Well, with Will's sister

by Anonymousreply 325December 12, 2022 1:48 AM

R333 Yes it did. The camera also seemed to be looking for him in the crowd when they said that too. There may have been an emergency that came up.

I am happy for him and I think it is well deserved. Joe is wonderful and is going to on to Marvel there is no doubt there will be lots of awards and recognition to come for Joe. I would have loved to hear Kit’s speech and hear him thank Joe.

by Anonymousreply 326December 12, 2022 1:53 AM

Cannot believe Kit won and he wasn’t even there. It does make me think that the family Emmys isn’t something they’re insanely excited about, and after an exhausting filming process, flying straight to Brazil for press and then flying to Argentina, Kit couldn’t quite face another long flight for one awards show and just wanted to go home.

by Anonymousreply 327December 12, 2022 1:54 AM

R319 I didn’t see anyone on here suggest Kit wasn’t the most likely of the two to win it. Some certainly hoped Joe would or felt he had an outside chance but we are actually perfectly aware of how their performances were received so that’s really not the own you think it is

by Anonymousreply 328December 12, 2022 1:54 AM

I’m super happy for Kit and think he deserved it. I also think Joe has done amazing just by being nominated for these awards in his first professional role and he’ll get some trophies down the line. Most importantly, thank God Yaz lost.

by Anonymousreply 329December 12, 2022 1:55 AM

Olivia probably helped Kit with the win quite a bit honestly

by Anonymousreply 330December 12, 2022 1:56 AM

(Forgot to add, I’m also really happy that a queer performer won the Lead category.)

by Anonymousreply 331December 12, 2022 1:58 AM

R330 if Tori was played by Saoirse Ronan or another ring name actress Joe would’ve gotten way more of a look in. You just know if Joe missed and won over kit there would be way more shitty comments about it

by Anonymousreply 332December 12, 2022 1:59 AM

I see some people mad at Will for saying Kit led the show and I'm much more of a Joe fan than a Kit fan, but I don't think Joe would disagree that Kit led S1 of the show even if Charlie's more of the MC in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 333December 12, 2022 2:01 AM

How much is left of the awards? Woken up in the middle of the night lol and might catch the final Heartstopper category.

by Anonymousreply 334December 12, 2022 2:03 AM

R334 I can’t imagine much longer. At least I fucking hope not lol

by Anonymousreply 335December 12, 2022 2:04 AM

Reception just picked back up but it’s still slow. I have a cute vid of Will and Bash trying to figure out what to do when kit won. What’s the best site to upload vid? They announced kit as accepting for himself so I think he was supposed to be here.

by Anonymousreply 336December 12, 2022 2:05 AM

Will can actually fuck off with that statement. And that's because Joe was actually sitting there. He could have used some different wordings.

by Anonymousreply 337December 12, 2022 2:05 AM

R333 I’m guessing part of it is also Kit leading by merit of being the most experienced on the set, I know Joe/Rhea/Bradley have talked about him being welcoming and helping them adjust and so on.

by Anonymousreply 338December 12, 2022 2:06 AM

R336 Streamable might be the easiest?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 12, 2022 2:07 AM

R337 to be fair I don’t think Will planned on having to say something. So it probably just came out a little clumsy.

by Anonymousreply 340December 12, 2022 2:07 AM

R333 I think given Charlie is named as the lead joe would or should take issue with it

by Anonymousreply 341December 12, 2022 2:07 AM

R336 Streamable is a good site :-)

by Anonymousreply 342December 12, 2022 2:07 AM

Joe's not going to take issue with it because he's been a co-lead with Kit on the show all along, including in the very category Kit just won. He's also never come off as a bitter or resentful person and he's close with Will.

by Anonymousreply 343December 12, 2022 2:09 AM

This should be about the end

by Anonymousreply 344December 12, 2022 2:10 AM

I wonder what prevented Kit from going. I am convinced he intended to go but something came up last minute. I doubt we will ever find out . But, I hope everything is ok!

by Anonymousreply 345December 12, 2022 2:15 AM

So it seems Kit was supposed to be there I wonder what happened? In the midst of all this chaos and bickering over improvised wording I hope he is OK and it wasn’t anything significant that prevented him from attending. I would hope so Joe, Bash and Will must have some idea why he wasn’t there and they don’t seem concerned

by Anonymousreply 346December 12, 2022 2:16 AM

I wish he were there. He should have mentioned Joe quite a bit which I'm assuming would help some of the hurt feelings going on

by Anonymousreply 347December 12, 2022 2:16 AM

I just listened to Will's speech again and he specifically said "led the company of actors," I don't think that's worth crucifying Will over.

by Anonymousreply 348December 12, 2022 2:17 AM

R347 Also I'm not saying Joe's feelings are hurt. I'm sure he didn't expect to win in his first acting job and is happy for Kit

by Anonymousreply 349December 12, 2022 2:17 AM

Heartstopper just won Teen Series, pretty sure that was the last category for them.

by Anonymousreply 350December 12, 2022 2:19 AM

Can turn it off. HS won

by Anonymousreply 351December 12, 2022 2:19 AM

Did Joe accept with them or no?

by Anonymousreply 352December 12, 2022 2:19 AM

Yes, they all went up there

by Anonymousreply 353December 12, 2022 2:20 AM

Glad that they showed a really gay clip.

by Anonymousreply 354December 12, 2022 2:20 AM

Good night for HS! Loved that they showed the first kiss as the clip.

by Anonymousreply 355December 12, 2022 2:23 AM

I’m hoping Kit posts on Instagram acknowledging the win and mentions Joe.

by Anonymousreply 356December 12, 2022 2:24 AM

When/what are the next awards that HS could be up for?

by Anonymousreply 357December 12, 2022 2:25 AM

R356 I'm sure he will

The guys on stage. Patrick spoke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 12, 2022 2:26 AM

With the caveat that most are unlikely, Golden Globes nominations are tomorrow, Spirit Award nominations are on...the 13th I think? And BAFTA/SAG are next year.

by Anonymousreply 359December 12, 2022 2:27 AM

Joe needs to update his headshot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 12, 2022 2:29 AM

R360 no need to kick him while he’s down: his colleague who didn’t bother to show up or prep a speechalready won

by Anonymousreply 361December 12, 2022 2:52 AM

Got a terrible pic with the crew. Internet weird again, but I need to crop myself out first. Joe was leaning on Bash…

by Anonymousreply 362December 12, 2022 3:02 AM

R361 How long d'you reckon you're going to stretch out the overdramatics?

by Anonymousreply 363December 12, 2022 3:03 AM

R362 Happy for you! How was the experience?

by Anonymousreply 364December 12, 2022 3:04 AM

It was long but enjoyable. Still here actually, there’s a gala afterwards so more booze!! Happy to be here on the night they won. The crowd cheers weren’t quite as loud as some of the other shows but it’s not as big here in the US. But it will hopefully after all these awards.

by Anonymousreply 365December 12, 2022 3:14 AM

Curious if they'll go to the gala or go hide again. Glad you had a good time even if Kit didn't get to sit on your lap.

by Anonymousreply 366December 12, 2022 3:15 AM

R365 how was Joe at he afterparty?

by Anonymousreply 367December 12, 2022 3:18 AM

R365 Love that for you, hope you get your money’s worth out of that booze.

by Anonymousreply 368December 12, 2022 3:24 AM

Laughing at Bash’s post:

[quote]@kit.connor bestie wake up you just won an emmy xx

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 12, 2022 3:25 AM

That's funny

And reading too much into it I'm assuming Kit's in London

by Anonymousreply 370December 12, 2022 3:27 AM

I was thinking the same based on the “wake up” part and the complete lack of reaction on Kit’s part so far. The only person that stayed up in London was Cori.

by Anonymousreply 371December 12, 2022 3:29 AM

I lost them in like for food. This place is ass to crotch at the moment, hard to move through the crowd. Pat is carrying a huge tote full of Emmy’s, kind of funny to see.

by Anonymousreply 372December 12, 2022 3:32 AM

Kit’s alive, commented right as I was opening Bash’s post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373December 12, 2022 3:36 AM

You can really feel Kit’s enthusiasm in his Instagram Story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374December 12, 2022 3:39 AM

Wait people were joking he would say that was cool and he actually did

by Anonymousreply 375December 12, 2022 3:46 AM

Maia left her usual useless crying face and exclamation marks comment on Bash's post. It's like 2 AM in Buenos Aires, maybe he is still there.

by Anonymousreply 376December 12, 2022 3:51 AM

R376 Could be since they both reacted to the post about the same time. Guess it's possible he's up at 5am in London. If he's still there I can see why he waited a bit to react

I know Maia posted a thirst trap story yesterday, but for her she's pretty quiet. She usually posts everywhere she goes

by Anonymousreply 377December 12, 2022 3:58 AM

Some more photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 12, 2022 4:07 AM

I dislike Wil's fit the more I see it. Think Joe wins the night here. And Joe is not suffering from the loss.

by Anonymousreply 379December 12, 2022 4:11 AM

I have made round after round in all the rooms and haven’t seen them in quite a bit. Don’t think they’re here anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 12, 2022 4:23 AM

A cute pic. Thanks LA anon

by Anonymousreply 381December 12, 2022 4:34 AM

Another picture of Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382December 12, 2022 4:44 AM

R377 he was spotted so frequently while in Argentina it seems unlikely that he has been there without anyone spotting them for two days. Unless they have been staying in and Maia’s story was an old photo she was posting.

by Anonymousreply 383December 12, 2022 4:44 AM

R382 Not even talking about the eyebrow slit, but his brows look good. Whoever did them did good work.

by Anonymousreply 384December 12, 2022 4:49 AM

Thank you for your inside scoop DL in LA. Your play by play has been exciting. I’m really glad you got to meet the cast that was there. That picture is great.

by Anonymousreply 385December 12, 2022 4:53 AM

Kit’s Instagram story was a bit disappointing, not gonna lie. Lacklustre message and he didn’t even mention Joe. Plus no explanation for not being there. Maybe it’s just not an award he’s mega excited about? I guess it isn’t like he won against a load of Hollywood A-Listers.

Nice to see the ‘darling’ make a reappearance though. Although he commented at 4am UK time so who knows where the heck he is.

by Anonymousreply 386December 12, 2022 5:16 AM

One of the make-up artists left a comment under Bash’s post congratulating “Kitamus.” How many nicknames does he have on the Heartstopper set?

by Anonymousreply 387December 12, 2022 5:16 AM

Bash and Will trying to figure out what to do for Kits award

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 12, 2022 5:23 AM

R388 Haha love it… that random flash of Whoopi Goldberg at the end.

by Anonymousreply 389December 12, 2022 5:26 AM

R388 This is so funny between the debating between the two, Bash's nervous fidgeting, and Will's hand over his mouth at the appearance of Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 390December 12, 2022 5:28 AM

Joe passing by

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391December 12, 2022 5:30 AM

R391 His phone background looks like him and Bash hugging at Disney.

by Anonymousreply 392December 12, 2022 5:33 AM

Packing up their Emmys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393December 12, 2022 5:34 AM

The Twitter shipper weirdos have already gotten ahold of DLer's picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 12, 2022 5:41 AM

Well don’t I feel special. I’ve only posted here for you all, dear DL. Also forgot I was screen recording when I ran into them for that pic. it’s not much except Bash’s fabulous profile and a bit of Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395December 12, 2022 5:48 AM

The video, too. These people have no shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396December 12, 2022 5:57 AM

Another photo from tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397December 12, 2022 6:00 AM

Well at least our twitter stalkers are making themselves known.

by Anonymousreply 398December 12, 2022 6:02 AM

R392, gosh you’ve got good eyes, although not exactly surprised.

I always find their friends act at public events quite funny, they end up looking like they don’t even know each other at times.

by Anonymousreply 399December 12, 2022 6:13 AM

R392 I'm in awe of your eyes since I can't see shit, though I do kinda see bash's hair maybe.

by Anonymousreply 400December 12, 2022 6:17 AM

Here’s a zoom on the phone screen, tbh I thought it was a bunch of rocks, but, now I’ve zoomed I can see what you mean about Disney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401December 12, 2022 6:35 AM

R401 Yep, what I'm seeing is Joe hugging Bash from behind, he might actually be on Bash's back.

by Anonymousreply 402December 12, 2022 6:43 AM

Also, thanks r399 and r400. I actually recognize things based on colors more than anything weirdly enough.

by Anonymousreply 403December 12, 2022 6:45 AM

Ahh I like it when I wake up & I’m right 😂 as soon as they announced Will as presenting with Joe, I did think Kit probably wasn’t going. Why wouldn’t they have the two leads of a big winner presenting?! Clearly pre-planned for some reason. I’m not Kits biggest fan but I doubt it was for such an arrogant reason as he was beneath a kids Emmy. He probably just wanted to spend time with his girlfriend who he doesn’t get to see very often or he had something personal he didn’t want to miss like an important family event. It’s healthy that that his job isn’t taking over his entire life.

I can def see Joe on Bash’s back in that Lock Screen. They are so cute. For their young age, they are clearly very close.

by Anonymousreply 404December 12, 2022 6:48 AM

R401 Oh that's cute. I see it now

based super eyesight anon R403

by Anonymousreply 405December 12, 2022 6:49 AM

R404 Don't think it's him being arrogant at all, he's attended so many rather pointless awards and events for the show. He just did in Brazil if we want to be honest. Not sure if he'll ever explain or just leave it.

Though for Maia's sake if he's still with her he better sneak away in the dead of night back to London and not be seen or something since people are blaming her for him not being there.

by Anonymousreply 406December 12, 2022 6:57 AM

Don’t think Joe is having a nervous breakdown about it but he’s liked 0 posts about it and it was really poorly handled by kit to not have a speech prepared or mention Joe in his IG story. You can like kit and think he deserved it (which I do) and admit that much. Hope Joe gets the bulk of the attention next season

by Anonymousreply 407December 12, 2022 10:21 AM

Thinking about it, do we think Kit maybe thought it was the show that had won and not him? Perhaps didn’t bother watching the video properly. Would explain the slightly lacklustre story and thanking people for watching the show as opposed to anything personal. Maybe wishful thinking

by Anonymousreply 408December 12, 2022 10:33 AM

R408 I half wondered that, and it would explain it - but I at least think he’d watch the clip of his friends accepting an award and that would quickly make it obvious that it was for him specifically. He could’ve been half asleep though, if he was posting from London.

Another thought is that he seems to find compliments and praise of him as a person quite uncomfortable and difficult to take, and seems to squirm when accepting awards in general. So it could just be that he doesn’t have a clue what to say in a ‘thank you for recognising me as an actor’ type way. He still could’ve/should’ve mentioned Joe, though.

by Anonymousreply 409December 12, 2022 10:42 AM

Very tired of the “poor Kit can’t accept a compliment” narrative (nothing personal r409, I definitely get your point). He has a PR team. Reposting bash’s story with “very grateful, would have been nothing without the amazing @joelocke” would’ve been far better and even someone without a PR team has enough sense to grasp that let alone kit with his resources. If some people’s hopes of him being Hulkling are true he better get used to actually having to do full on promo and go to events because Marvel certainly demands it. He won’t just be able to skip for the hell of it

by Anonymousreply 410December 12, 2022 10:46 AM

R410 He definitely doesn’t seem the type to skip for the hell of it - I’m assuming there was a good reason, but we probably won’t find out what that is, sadly.

Also, the fact that he hasn’t been spotted in days (it seems) makes me think that he’s now back in Croydon, where people aren’t especially fussed/excited about him walking around.

by Anonymousreply 411December 12, 2022 10:55 AM

R411 again this is where I wonder why he has a PR team he seems never to use. He got on Twitter to tweet about leaving and coming out without seemingly any oversight (totally get why he got fed up but from a PR point eild), didn’t throw up an IG story of “can’t be there but rooting for everyone!”, and when he did repost he just said “this is cool” and didn’t bother thanking the costar who lost to him? It’s a really bad look. Don’t overly blame him but definitely blame the people whose job it is to coordinate his PR (and honestly blame him in the sense of - how thick do you have to be to omit Joe in your thank you post?)

by Anonymousreply 412December 12, 2022 11:00 AM

R412 I do agree for the most part. I’m hoping he does an actual post (not a story) with a proper thank you and a call to Joe - he’s very eloquent in person but doesn’t seem to be able to conjure up many words online. But he could salvage it with a post. We were literally just talking on here the other day about how Kit and Joe really support each other and are very generous, so it’s very unlikely that Kit just forgot to mention Joe.

As for the PR team thing, I find that interesting. He talked in an interview a while back about having a PR person to ‘make sure he doesn’t screw up’ on social media, but I half think he doesn’t really use her much and just posts what he wants. Which I like - we don’t want it to be such a well-oiled machine that his actual personality is lost. The more absolutely ‘perfect’ he appears, the more people are going to unrealistically idolise him.

by Anonymousreply 413December 12, 2022 11:16 AM

R413 I definitely get you about not seeming well oiled and it being good, but I think he does need to use her more. He is hyper sensitive and seems really easily phased by social media, to the point of coming out in reaction to tweets and IG comments and deactivating Twitter. What happened to him re the queer baiting shit was insane and awful. But I honestly think people already idolize him to insane extents. Huge HS fan accounts are making jokes about Joe losing and him winning already and how his no show was iconic when if roles were reversed, they’d be making passive aggressive comments. Maybe he’ll make a sweet post later mentioning joe, I have no clue and that would be nice, but while I completely understand different opinions on it, he personally lost goodwill with me last night and I’m going to root far more for joe in the future.

by Anonymousreply 414December 12, 2022 11:24 AM

R414

Yeah I have seen that from the bigger accounts. To be fair though they seem to be more Kit Stan accounts than general HS Stan accounts. I know it's petty but I know Joe would have been a lot more thankfull for the award and not given some half asked if story. Whatever, I will stay rooting for him more anyways

by Anonymousreply 415December 12, 2022 11:35 AM

Here’s a whacky idea - maybe Kit messaged or called Joe privately and their entire lives don’t play out on social media?!

by Anonymousreply 416December 12, 2022 12:18 PM

R416 Agreed - that’s why I think it’s sort of good that Kit doesn’t get PR involved too much/at all. Social media is not an accurate and full reflection of life - especially not for Kit who clearly doesn’t like social media much and has never been a big user of it. People (admittedly me, sometimes, too) are filling in an awful lot of gaps and jumping to conclusions based on what we publicly see on social media - which is probably 5% of the full reality.

by Anonymousreply 417December 12, 2022 12:31 PM

Joe actually looks like a sore loser by not liking any of the Emmys stuff

by Anonymousreply 418December 12, 2022 1:16 PM

It’s literally 6am in LA, give him a chance

by Anonymousreply 419December 12, 2022 1:18 PM

I love that Kit has repeatedly said that social media is not a reflection of him as a person and recently said that they feel like everything they do is a mistake and this is how some of you are reacting.

Anyway, we don’t know that he didn’t give Patrick a speech and Patrick couldn’t get it to Bash and Will from wherever he was backstage.

by Anonymousreply 420December 12, 2022 1:19 PM

R418 I’m almost certain he isn’t a sore loser - he’s just very likely asleep as it’s 6am LA time and most of the posts were made during his night time.

by Anonymousreply 421December 12, 2022 1:19 PM

So social media is not a reflection of kit's life but it is of Joe's. Also it's 6 am.

by Anonymousreply 422December 12, 2022 1:21 PM

R422 I never said anything about Joe? What are you even going on about?

by Anonymousreply 423December 12, 2022 1:23 PM

***R418

Not you R423

by Anonymousreply 424December 12, 2022 1:26 PM

It's telling that the only other people reacting this dramatically are 16 year-old fraus on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 425December 12, 2022 1:27 PM

DL has really turned into Twitter with the complete lack of ability to say anything about Kit, even constructively. Kit is a genuinely nice person who has a very sweet friendship with Joe; I am certain he was grateful for the Emmy; I do not think he had any obligation to attend. All that said, all the carrying on about how social media isn’t real life and he doesn’t owe Joe a tag etc is just as dramatic as the people who are livid at him. Genuinely would have said the same thing if Joe won and didn’t mention kit. I think that it’s pretty likely the speech he gave Patrick had a mention of Joe in it and it wasn’t passed on to Bash and Will because the Emmys were a clusterfuck; they all seemed shocked the awards for Olivia and him were back to back. I really really think this gaffe is on Kit’s PR, not him as a person; I like him handling his own socials mostly but for job related and award stuff prepping something in advance for him or at least giving him guidelines would’ve been hugely helpful

by Anonymousreply 426December 12, 2022 1:31 PM

Also, the way some of you are being so dramatic and saying Kit's lost goodwill for this or that you're only rooting for Joe now when he's been endlessly supportive of Joe is hilarious. He's his own person, not Joe's cheerleader and no normal person would even call this a gaffe. The parasocial is really parasocialing today.

by Anonymousreply 427December 12, 2022 1:33 PM

While we're at it, Joe could never like a single post about Kit's win and he still wouldn't be a sore loser. Please be serious about these two teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 428December 12, 2022 1:36 PM

R427 you can just start tagging me mate, I replied right above you. You can’t shut up jumping in to defend kit against minor critiques of his PR so the parasocial runs both ways

by Anonymousreply 429December 12, 2022 1:36 PM

R429 I have no idea which one of the idiots having a meltdown you are but I'm also defending Joe here. You're all equal opportunity fatalists that need a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 430December 12, 2022 1:38 PM

R430 fair enough; I said r426 which is basically I think kit is a lovely person and his speech probably referenced Joe, but I think his PR rep needs to do a better job. I just think we can parse the difference between critiquing the team working for him (ex I also think the Netflix/HS team is shite for never stepping on when the cast got insane levels of hate) and Kit as a person. He is clearly very nice and I don’t think deserves to be called ungrateful or undeserving when he gave a hell of a performance but the people he pays to handle his public image are fair game to critique imo, though opinions may vary

by Anonymousreply 431December 12, 2022 1:42 PM

It is the absolute worst when the ridiculous Joe v Kit twitter fans bring their petty arguing on here. This is like the who gets the hardest time online pity wars all over again.

Kit not showing seemed like it wasn’t pre planned he is not an arrogant tool so I assume there was a good reason he wasn’t there. The chaos was due to the organisers they all made the best of the situation. They are all good friends Joe likely feels some disappointment but I’m pretty sure he wasn’t expecting to win and will be happy for Kit. He certainly won’t need to be fucking babied by his boyfriend sitting and holding his hand instead of picking up Kit’s award for him.

Kit not acknowledging Joe in his public post is a bit off but not the end of the world or a reflection of anything particularly deep. I’m sure there’s been contact in the group chat both for commiserations and congratulations. Remember he was with Will who also lost. For both of them being nominated for their first professional roles is a hell of an achievement.

Professionally Joe will have done himself a lot of good last night showing up, looking good, networking, presenting well, promoting both the show and the Emmys. Kit good reason or not won’t have helped himself but I don’t expect it will have any lasting negative impact either.

Now stop with the teen dramatics

by Anonymousreply 432December 12, 2022 1:47 PM

Changing the subject, I wonder how long the people who are there will stay? It was sweet Will brought his sister; wonder if they or Joe and Bash will turn it into a mini vacation

by Anonymousreply 433December 12, 2022 1:50 PM

R433

Maybe they will stay for a couple extra days. That's pretty much it HS promo wise until next year/Joe needs to leave for Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 434December 12, 2022 1:53 PM

It’s kind of funny, during the last Emmy cycle I was rooting for a pair of actors that led a project together and have been friends for something like, 20 odd years. Only one of the two wound up getting nominated and now that I’m thinking about it, the one that wasn’t nominated never acknowledged the other’s nomination on social media and I never even thought twice about it. Needless to say, I don’t get some of these reactions at all.

by Anonymousreply 435December 12, 2022 1:54 PM

R433 I have a feeling they’ll leave sooner rather than later unless Joe has Agatha obligations.

by Anonymousreply 436December 12, 2022 1:55 PM

R433 Thank god for someone changing the subject.

I suppose that would depend on any work schedules. I’m pretty sure Joe will head back to the UK with Bash as soon as his Marvel commitments are finished, and Bash has probably got the next few weeks clear for his birthday and the holidays.

Will and Olivia who knows? They are pretty private and unlikely to be recognised whatever they do next

by Anonymousreply 437December 12, 2022 1:56 PM

R433 I'm guessing Will and his sister leave soon. Bash has been here since at least Wednesday, so it's already seems to be a mini vacation. I guess depends on when Joe has to leave if they fly out together or Bash goes back to London by himself. But surely they'll all want to get back to London.

And on the other topic, just want to address one day. Joe is probably not upset but asleep. Reminds me of people saying he was surely upset at Bash for his pride IG post since he didn't like it instantly when he at the time too busy making out with Bash and going to concerts with him to like IG posts.

by Anonymousreply 438December 12, 2022 1:58 PM

R437 good shout re the birthday; I’m sure Bash would prefer to celebrate with family and friends back home (and while I’m sure they could find somewhere to serve Joe alcohol he is underage in America)

Looking coward to the “bad boyfriend” meltdown likely to happen if Joe posts something jokey or casual for Bash’s birthday

by Anonymousreply 439December 12, 2022 1:59 PM

They’re not REAL Emmys, you know.

by Anonymousreply 440December 12, 2022 2:00 PM

That’s news to me.

by Anonymousreply 441December 12, 2022 2:02 PM

Again trying to change the subject but it is nice how much more open Joe and bash have been recently. Kit and Maia are also very cute but they’ve been quite blatant throughout. Didn’t blame Joe and bash for wanting to be lower key, especially given fame for Joe especially went from 0 to 60, But between GQ (where to be fair Bash got an article so less obvious), Brazil, and yesterday they’re much more blatant about it. Forever grateful for the DL insider getting that group pic and the screen recording of Joe’s phone background

by Anonymousreply 442December 12, 2022 2:11 PM

Just noticed Wiccan wearing earings. Joe's new look is Wiccan tribute, he would look good as wiccan I'm sure now

by Anonymousreply 443December 12, 2022 2:12 PM

Joe and Bash are still bro hugging so I can't really say they've progressed all that much, but they also don't have an obligation to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 12, 2022 2:18 PM

R444 They are always going to do that. it's funny since Bash is pretty obviously Joe's +1 to every event lately, but they also keep a bit of a distance between themselves and if you didn't know you wouldn't exactly suspect they that close, which I'm sure is what they are going for. Right now they can get away with not saying much about Bash being there since it's HS related things, but will be eventually have to figure out how to deal with it when they both promote other things.

by Anonymousreply 445December 12, 2022 2:20 PM

R444 I saw that and laughed. Joe is very physically awkward always to be fair. I don’t think they’re ever going to be a huge PDA couple, but I think as the show and specifically Joe has gotten more successful they’ve been a bit more obvious.

R445 thinking the same; for all the Bash hate crew has blinders on re their relationship there is the plausible deniability of these being “Heartstopper events” and HS fans generally being so insanely rigid about people implying they’re together. Marvel fans have no such qualms and there will be zero reason for Joe and bash to be the only costars at one another’s events in the future, so I agree eventually it’ll be more obvious

by Anonymousreply 446December 12, 2022 2:24 PM

Agree that Joe is always a bit awkward, though I think more so when he knows people are watching him. They do more PDA when they don't think many eyes are on them.

R446 The problem is people want to be deliberately obtuse and cry racism or white privilege when Bash goes to events he wouldn't otherwise go to instead of just admitting Joe wants him there. But joe and Bash have it easy unlike Maia and Kit since there is plausible deniability, like you said, as to why Bash is there. Unless Kit's promoting his movie with Maia, he can't really bring her anywhere without admitting they are dating

by Anonymousreply 447December 12, 2022 2:39 PM

The cast has a kinda muted reaction in general to the Emmy's all things considered. Maybe it really wasn't that big of a deal to them. I guess it's not like it's a real Emmy even if it is an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 448December 12, 2022 2:45 PM

They all seem pretty pleased & have left delighted comments online. What do you want them to be doing? Live streaming jumping up & down? Holding some kinda global celebration party that we can all see? How does one portray how pleased they are at an award that’s acceptable?!

by Anonymousreply 449December 12, 2022 2:52 PM

R448 Yeah, I’m starting to lean that way. There was zero mention from Yaz as to why she wasn’t there. It seems like Joe was already needed in LA (or at least the US) for Marvel related stuff so he didn’t need to make a special trip. Most of the cast didn’t go (and didn’t explain why). Alice didn’t go and she was up for an award.

Obviously winning an Emmy is exciting, but I personally wouldn’t be nearly as excited about winning a Children’s Emmy as winning a main Emmy. The vast majority of the shows and the people attending, I’d never heard of. The show wasn’t even televised.

I suspect that we got more excited about it as fans than they did as nominees - maybe because we sort of know that they won’t be up for many of the big award shows. Speaking of, aren’t the Golden Globes noms announced today?

by Anonymousreply 450December 12, 2022 2:55 PM

R449 Chill out. Not saying they did anything wrong but it was just another award show for them and most didn't bother to go. I think American fans thought they'd be a lot more excited since the actual Emmy's are such a big ass deal. Their reaction was fine in general, not insulting them.

by Anonymousreply 451December 12, 2022 2:57 PM

So, DLer on the inside, hope you had an amazing night, intrigued to know what your thoughts are on Joe and Bash, are they more “coupley” off camera? Tbh the photos you see sometimes they barely seem to be friends (which I know they are obvs, just how photos make it look)

by Anonymousreply 452December 12, 2022 2:59 PM

R450 they’re already out and no Heartstopper nominations that I saw

by Anonymousreply 453December 12, 2022 2:59 PM

R452 sadly, whenever I saw them they were not coupley. Granted they spent a lot of time off in private areas, but when they were in the main areas they weren’t even together 100% of the time.

Also when I assumed they we’re headed to the food line there turned out to be a different hallway to the exit. I suspect they didn’t stay for the gala and bailed right after the awards. Perhaps a late flight back to UK?

by Anonymousreply 454December 12, 2022 3:25 PM

R454 I’m not overall surprised they were Low key in public as they generally are; despite being attached at the hip in that they go everywhere together they do seem quite good at doing their own thing and not being clingy. You managed to get a really cute photo of them regardless so kudos!

by Anonymousreply 455December 12, 2022 3:35 PM

Joe’s awake, this is sweet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456December 12, 2022 3:37 PM

They might not be big into PDA (I hate PDA too tbh), but, they are pretty obvious in other ways, like posting within a couple of mins of each other lol

by Anonymousreply 457December 12, 2022 3:39 PM

Well, it's 8:30 am in Cali and people can stop suspecting he's upset now.

R457 They do be making it obvious when they wake up together.

by Anonymousreply 458December 12, 2022 3:41 PM

R457 brazil was hilarious for that; 20 min after they left the restaurant kit posted and neither of them interacted with it till the next morning. Third wheel kit was not welcome in their hotel room

by Anonymousreply 459December 12, 2022 3:48 PM

Am keeping my fingers crossed for the Netflix fan questions interview to be released before Christmas. Didn’t we figure out (or maybe just speculate) that they recorded the interview in Christmas outfits?

by Anonymousreply 460December 12, 2022 5:41 PM

Joe 😭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461December 12, 2022 6:07 PM

Understandable. I know some actors don't like watching themselves on screen, let alone watching themselves make out on a huge screen in public

by Anonymousreply 462December 12, 2022 6:14 PM

R461 that’s funny, he’s really cute. Bash’s love for the Nick and Charlie romance is so funny, he’s said the hallway kiss was his favourite scene too. Really not s jealous couple

by Anonymousreply 463December 12, 2022 6:14 PM

You couldn’t make it up…. Yaz has not posted about the Emmys… oh no…. Yaz has posted about herself on the vogue cover

by Anonymousreply 464December 12, 2022 6:46 PM

R464 she posted on Twitter earlier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465December 12, 2022 6:49 PM

R464 to be fair we have to apply the same logic pretty consistently; if Kit’s very low key post after winning was ok then her not mentioning it on IG is probably fair. As someone else mentioned she quote retweeted Patrick earlier. The rest of the cast is pretty excited which is cute

by Anonymousreply 466December 12, 2022 6:52 PM

If Kit gets away with that's cool and not going Yaz should get a pass when she didn't even win anything

by Anonymousreply 467December 12, 2022 6:54 PM

Am r466 and realized I should specify I don’t mean that backhandedly to Kit, I legit mean that I don’t think it’s big deal how any of them react. Joe was really sweet to post twice this morning including the pic of Kit though. I think his and Bash’s willingness to pitch in and promote the shit out of their projects will serve them well

If the DL in LA person is around I’m actually very curious about them in real life - approximate heights, are they better looking irl or pretty accurate to onscreen, is Joe actually as skinny as he looks?

by Anonymousreply 468December 12, 2022 6:57 PM

Interested to know that too, in some of the photos Joe and Bash don’t look that far off each other height wise.

by Anonymousreply 469December 12, 2022 7:00 PM

Joe had a bigger heel, so that will be why

by Anonymousreply 470December 12, 2022 7:02 PM

They mentioned heights in R183.

by Anonymousreply 471December 12, 2022 7:02 PM

R469 it’s hard for me to tell because Will is a giant so no one is tell next to him

by Anonymousreply 472December 12, 2022 7:04 PM

Comparing Kit and Yaz's reactions makes no sense when Yaz's lack of acknowledgement is legitimately a running joke on here. Of course she's going to get clowned when it's a miracle that she even tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 473December 12, 2022 7:06 PM

The make up artists are at Universal today according to their instagrams, can’t imagine the others have gone after a late night

by Anonymousreply 474December 12, 2022 7:06 PM

Very late return to the photo in r401; agree it’s a Disney pic but based on the shades of blue (Bash was wearing a lighter shirt than Joe that day) it looks like it might be Bash wrapping his arms around Joe from behind? Could be wrong though

by Anonymousreply 475December 12, 2022 7:10 PM

R475 I clearly don't have eyes as good as some people on here, but could it be the infamous two couples piggyback photo at Disney?

by Anonymousreply 476December 12, 2022 7:16 PM

R461 Pahaha... I'm sure they're not a jealous couple, but it's a funny thing to see Joe looking away as a huge screen shows him making out with his friend, as his real life boyfriend stands next to him like 'yay Nick and Charlie kiss!'

by Anonymousreply 477December 12, 2022 7:18 PM

R476 I think it’s actually bash behind Joe - the person in front looks to have a darker shirt on which Joe did that day, and the arms wrapped around him are in a lighter blue like bash’s. With all the love in the world to Joe I doubt he could pick bash up, so my guess is it’s bash grabbing him from behind

by Anonymousreply 478December 12, 2022 7:19 PM

R476 I would have to look up the video of them posing, but if my memory serves me correctly they took those later in the day so I don't think the lighting would match.

by Anonymousreply 479December 12, 2022 7:19 PM

I'm the original person who saw them in the background, and it looked to me like the person in the front has white shoes, which was Bash that day. I also kind of saw the cap in the background, which is why it looks like Joe on Bash to me. DLer would probably know better than us. Unfortunately, this is turning into a Rorschach test the longer I look at it and now I'm seeing Joe sort of bent down posing in front of someone and no hug. The lighter spots in front being his hands mid-pose. (Referencing the screenshot in r401).

by Anonymousreply 480December 12, 2022 7:29 PM

R466 True, but I feel like the situations are different because Yaz does this all the time. She's known for being fairly self-involved and not publicly acknowledging/celebrating her HS castmates, whereas Kit bigs up his friends on a regular basis. So if Yaz doesn't post something congratulating others then it's probably just Yaz being Yaz, but if Kit does it then there's more likely to be an actual reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 481December 12, 2022 7:32 PM

R481 I get you, I think clearly they all have good friendships with her behind the scenes if they’re happy to keep hyping her without it being done in return so who knows. Kit normally being a huge Joe fan publicly is why his IG story not mentioning him sort of surprised me but he may have just wanted to post something quickly if he slept through it,

Unrelated but Joes look really was so good. He’s very very attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482December 12, 2022 7:35 PM

It could also be that Kit thinks a quick, perfunctory acknowledgment is the best way to go about it as to not rub it in that he won an award he was against Joe for.

That being said, Kit and Yaz have both done more than Alice and Alice being silent (even through her dumbass social media break) will always be weirder.

by Anonymousreply 483December 12, 2022 7:48 PM

But she’s SUFFERING

by Anonymousreply 484December 12, 2022 7:51 PM

R468 - not the person you're asking but I met Joe and Bash a few months back (was standing near them at the Adele concert and chatted for a minute). They're both incredibly attractive in real life, Joe especially is far better looking than on screen or in pictures. I thought Bash was hot and Joe was cute enough before meeting them but after meeting them definitely think they're very evenly matched. I'm 6 foot and think Bash was around that height. Joe was maybe 5'9? definitely a few inches shorter. Very very good looking couple.

by Anonymousreply 485December 12, 2022 8:01 PM

Leila liked this tweet and she follows this fan… find it slightly strange that she follows fans but there we go. I wonder how much she feeds back to the rest (I think the tweet is referring to people being annoyed that Kit wasn’t there).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486December 12, 2022 8:01 PM

R480 Hah I agree the more you look the more it changes,. Actually the only thing I saw at first was two people, one in a dark suit and one in light suit (beginning of video) at first so I didn't get what people were talking about until the pic was posted here. White spots I see as the stripes on Bash's shirt and see the person in the hat in the back though so I think your original thought was correct. My eyes are suffering.

R474 I really doubt they left last night. The flight out of Lax was delayed something like 5 hours and don't think they'd be up posting at the same time . Don't expect to see them at Universal though.

by Anonymousreply 487December 12, 2022 8:05 PM

R485 what is Connor like in person? I think he was there too with them? He seems like a sweetheart but also hot

by Anonymousreply 488December 12, 2022 8:10 PM

R485 thanks! Adele was right after pride right? Presumably one of the best days of Joe’s life, then. Guessing they were pretty low key as they were in public but did you guess they were a couple?

by Anonymousreply 489December 12, 2022 8:11 PM

R486 I think that’s actually referencing the teenagers on Twitter that escalated their ire about Kit’s win. I saw some saying that he didn’t deserve it at all and one claimed that he won over Joe because of “pretty privilege.” Leila might have seen that one because the person you linked to quoted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490December 12, 2022 8:12 PM

I agree with r468, Joe is far more attractive in person. Bash looks as expected. Re: their height, as I mentioned the difference didn’t seem as drastic as I expected (guess I’m so used to seeing Joe next to Kit lately and all the omg height! comments) but I would say about 2 inches difference. Yes, Joe really is that tiny, Pat seemed smaller than I realized too.

by Anonymousreply 491December 12, 2022 8:20 PM

R486 hopefully she doesn’t funnel too much. I know the cast has said they see everything but Kit deactivated, Bash cut way back, and Joe functionally never uses Twitter for a reason. None of them need to see this unhinged shit.

R490 that’s a weird tweet in many ways. Putting aside the fact that that’s not how Emmy voting works and Kit was a great winner, it’s hugely backhanded to Joe. “You only lost because you’re ugly” isn’t the defense they think it is. I think the fanbase treats lot better because he’s more conventional looking but if anything besides acting alone (and I think they both did a great job) helped, it was acting opposite olivia. I’m sure they’re all excited for Kit and were happy he won. Also they know the S2 scripts; they may well think based on what’s happening in those that S2 will be Joe’s to lose

Will say though that there have been very very few comments about kit no-showing on Twitter and a lot more comments “defending” him against nothing and explaining why he deserved to win over joe. Again backhanded and not super helpful to shit on Joe to big up Kit just as the above tweet is unhelpful

by Anonymousreply 492December 12, 2022 8:20 PM

R488 Connor was also very attractive. He was pretty sweet and laidback, I mentioned I had seen American Crime and he seemed surprised I knew something other than Locke and Key. I think Joe's mother was there too, when I spoke to them it was just those three but then a short dark haired lady joined them and Joe and Bash both hugged her. I was kicking myself for not asking for a photo but only thought to do it after I had walked away and felt weird going back.

R489 Yes, same day as Pride which might be part of their conduct because they weren't low key. Bash had his arms wrapped around Joe from behind for half of it and was swaying with him, they kissed a fair bit. Connor was taking a lot of pictures of them which was funny. I had only recently watched the show and hadn't followed them on social media yet so I honestly thought they were a public couple until I followed them post concert and looked at Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 493December 12, 2022 8:28 PM

R493 They were pretty loved up that day judging by the deuxmoi info too. But was the time before the DM article.. they used to not hide shit. But DLers freaking out about Bash being a shitty boyfriend for his IG post (not that I didn't join in) while Joe was having the time of his life at Pride and Adele making out will never not to be funny

Poor Connor, but maybe he's into that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 494December 12, 2022 8:32 PM

R494 I live in London and haven't seen them since but have friends who have spotted them out holding hands and linking arms since then. I'm convinced Bash must live right near one of my friends as he's seen them 5 or 6 times and sent me a few grainy Snapchats of them. Bash was rubbing Joe's waist and hip looking at a restaurant menu in one of them. I don't know how public they were before the Daily Mail article but just from casual spottings and what he's said, they're still pretty open about it when they're just walking around.

by Anonymousreply 495December 12, 2022 8:37 PM

R495 Oh we got a real insider here. Though not surprised. They got seen around Chelsea linking arms not too long ago in a grainy tiktok vid, so they prob haven't changed much. Though just not sure they are making out in full view of everyone anymore but who knows. They are just a lot more publicly private if that makes sense. They used to post everything they were doing and every place they went, now they don't post anything but work related things, though Bash still finds a way to Joe post on his IG anyway.

Though being private now is pretty much true for the whole cast minus some of the lesser known actors like Kizzy or Cori

by Anonymousreply 496December 12, 2022 8:52 PM

r492 Completely agree about the pretty privilege thing being, it's absolutely fucked for them to say that about Joe (and also untrue).

[quote]Will say though that there have been very very few comments about kit no-showing on Twitter and a lot more comments “defending” him against nothing and explaining why he deserved to win over joe.

There are a ton of really snide tweets about Kit either not deserving to win, being disrespectful for not going, being disrespectful for the story he posted, etc. The people that were dumb enough to use his name in the tweets have been dogpiled and a lot of them are deleted now, but there are a lot of indirect potshots left. I saw some people trying to get the "Joe is the only lead" discourse going again as well, but that hasn't picked up any steam.

by Anonymousreply 497December 12, 2022 8:54 PM

Not sure how Bash feels, but the GQ article made it clear that the Daily Mail article had an effect on Joe so the retreat is understandable.

by Anonymousreply 498December 12, 2022 8:56 PM

R497 ah ok, I hadn’t seen that and that’s very stupid. I will be the first to say I slightly side eyed his story but think he is obviously s very nice person and him not going to the Emmys is obviously completely fine; he and Joe are both getting more and more successful and eventually neither will be able to show up to everything even if they wanted to.

Either way I think the fanbase needs to learn what to ignore but I get it’s a lot of younger people so that’s easier said than done. I think the things I’ve seen have been weird dogpiles; someone posts “Joe is an Emmy winner in my heart” or “Joe deserved one too! Next year” and people acting like that’s shitting on Kit. Especially weird because half the accounts have also posted being happy for Kit so a bit pointless

by Anonymousreply 499December 12, 2022 8:58 PM

Sometimes I like to imagine how peaceful it would be if the show’s fandom on Twitter was nuked off the earth.

by Anonymousreply 500December 12, 2022 9:04 PM

R500 I'm sure the cast would enjoy that

Speaking of, it's gotta be about time for Kit's account go away forever isn't it? I'm assuming he's never coming back, but not like he can't make a new account if he has to one day and get every follower back

by Anonymousreply 501December 12, 2022 9:10 PM

R496 Yeah, definitely haven't heard of anyone seeing them snogging on the street which I guess would be strange anyway, but they're very physically affectionate. Aside from the above video I mentioned, my friend (the same one) said he saw Bash hugging Joe from behind while waiting for the lights to change. Didn't send a Snapchat of that one but no reason to doubt it's true. He joked that being around them must make their friends feel very single, and made him feel very single because they're so clearly fond of one another, Bash is always smiling at Joe or laughing at something he's said. I had the same feeling at Adele to be fair. I was a little surprised they were so all over one another in front of presumably Joe's mother. Connor is I presume used to it.

by Anonymousreply 502December 12, 2022 9:10 PM

R501 I wouldn’t be surprised if his agency reactivated and then deactivated within a split second again to make sure no one else can claim the handle.

by Anonymousreply 503December 12, 2022 9:11 PM

Kit posted on insta, obviously still reading what people say somewhere…

by Anonymousreply 504December 12, 2022 10:09 PM

It’s so weird to hear about these encounters when you’re so used to seeing them barely acknowledge each other in public, good for them

by Anonymousreply 505December 12, 2022 10:10 PM

Lovely and I’m pretty sure some people on here called that he wasn’t fully awake yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506December 12, 2022 10:13 PM

Kit deleted his main and created a Stan account. He said exact things people were complaining about or expecting him to say.

by Anonymousreply 507December 12, 2022 10:14 PM

Nah, I think Kit is genuinely that predictable. People predicted the short initial story down to the use of "cool," then predicted that he hadn't fully processed it.

by Anonymousreply 508December 12, 2022 10:17 PM

It’s definitely in reaction to seeing backlash but it’s a sweet post and I think what he genuinely believes

by Anonymousreply 509December 12, 2022 10:18 PM

Very sweet of him. I had a feeling an update would follow - he’s just a teenager, not an ass. He’s great with his words when he uses them! I hope he sent that message because he genuinely wanted to, rather than because he felt pushed into it. Either way, good for him.

by Anonymousreply 510December 12, 2022 10:19 PM

that's a nice statement and what I expected him to say. I'm assuming they had something better that he wrote in case he won, the Emmy's really fucked everything up there.

by Anonymousreply 511December 12, 2022 10:21 PM

Will say even the usual suspects were silent about Bash being there last night (even before Kit and Yaz No showed). I think it’s just become so painfully obvious Bash is Joe’s plus one even they can’t pretend it’s a race thing

by Anonymousreply 512December 12, 2022 10:27 PM

R512 it’s helped a lot since Maira, the loudest of all, deleted her twitter.

by Anonymousreply 513December 12, 2022 10:29 PM

All Maira did was retreat back to a private account, she never actually left. She's @maeesl or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 514December 12, 2022 10:34 PM

R512 not really what you are talking about, but I kind of wonder if Will went as a fill in for Kit. I suspect they wanted Kit and Joe to have them on stage together and whoever called Kit not going when Will was announced was right. And yes, it's obvious since no other show would send a very minor character to the Emmy's over everyone else. If they'd just admit that's why he's usually there the HS world would be a better place. Get mad at Joe if you want to get mad at someone.

by Anonymousreply 515December 12, 2022 10:36 PM

Will was invited as a nominee and was likely always planning to go given that he went to a concert and a fashion show while he was there, but the bump up to presenter may have happened once Kit couldn’t make it. It makes sense that they would have asked Will and/or Yaz in Kit’s place as fellow nominees.

by Anonymousreply 516December 12, 2022 10:40 PM

R515 I think they were all invited and Kit and Yaz and Alice just chose not to go. Don’t think it was super last min as if there was a conflict think Kit would’ve said it. Do agree that Will was a fill in presenter however

by Anonymousreply 517December 12, 2022 10:41 PM

R514 As long as she stays private. And she just deleted shit since she couldn't get Joe to unblock her despite her best efforts of sending him and Bash sob story letters than never got delivered.

R516 Yeah, you are probably correct

by Anonymousreply 518December 12, 2022 10:42 PM

Wonder if Bash will have a big thing for his birthday. I know we wouldn’t see it even if he did most likely, but he does seem one of the most likely to have a big do. Especially as a joint 21st and a last hurrah before Joe goes to America for a few months and probably doesn’t see a lot of the cast and other friends until he comes back.

by Anonymousreply 519December 12, 2022 10:48 PM

R512 They definitely seem less vocal and the narrative just didn’t gain momentum this time.

I’ve also noticed that some Bash fan accounts are getting more savvy about just pointing out that he is with Joe and not displacing POC cast members instead of getting into pointless back and forth arguments over whether Bash is responsible for world racism. It seems to serve the situation better as they are mostly Joe and Kit fantasists and don’t seem willing or able to engage with cold hard facts

by Anonymousreply 520December 12, 2022 10:49 PM

R520 that’s true. I think it’s also taken some of the wind out of their sails that he’s literally done nothing at the last few events (and I wonder if that’s to some extent a purposeful choice). GQ he had an article they flipped over because it was a little longer than Will’s and some of them seriously asked why Tobie wasn’t invited instead. But Brazil and yesterday he basically did nothing; he was asked to come onstage and took a singular pic and then yesterday he openly said he wasn’t meant to accept Kit’s award. It’ll be even more blatant when it’s completely unrelated HS events; the Billy Walsh premiere or (later on) the agatha premiere etc

by Anonymousreply 521December 12, 2022 10:53 PM

Joe kit nation has taken a huge loss today when this morning kit also called bash darling, which they convinced themselves that it was exclusive for Joe .

by Anonymousreply 522December 12, 2022 10:54 PM

R519 I suspect he might. I do wonder if Joe's still working. He's been rather quiet online all day except this morning while Bash hasn't really active, but has been on and off. His birthday is Friday, so hopefully Joe can make it for the weekend at least if he is still doing Agatha stuff.

by Anonymousreply 523December 12, 2022 10:55 PM

R523 while I don’t think Joe was having a huge sulk or anything, and I think he was likely happy for Kit and the show, I don’t think he was necessarily overly eager to see a load about the Emmys. My guess is they’re leaving tonight or tomorrow and he had some last minute meetings or just didn’t feel like being on IG today

by Anonymousreply 524December 12, 2022 10:57 PM

R522 But does Kit hand over a microphone to Bash? I think not. Kit just seems like a really touchy guy who likes calling people darling and picking up everyone. Don't take it personally JoeKitters

by Anonymousreply 525December 12, 2022 10:57 PM

R525 I think the flirtiness the whole male cast has with one another is genuinely funny and endearing, especially given the one IRL couple stick to a few emojis or a “YES” at most. Bash and Kit are out writing soliloquies to one another, meanwhile Bash can’t take his hands off Joe

by Anonymousreply 526December 12, 2022 11:00 PM

Not even going to ask what a Joe Kit nation is but going to assume they're shippers...and am not sure why they don't focus on being happy about the incoming season of a show that's going to have Kit and Joe being clingy, kissing, giving each other hickies or whatever. Take what you get. It's not like they'd ever see what their relationship was like if pigs decided to start flying and somehow Joe and Kit wound up dating.

by Anonymousreply 527December 12, 2022 11:03 PM

Looks like Kit is still in Argentina. Maia’s brother posted a photo of their car breaking down or something like that and you see Kit in the car window reflection.

by Anonymousreply 528December 12, 2022 11:04 PM

The picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529December 12, 2022 11:06 PM

R529 well spotted. Guessing they’re somewhere more private as he hasn’t been spotted in a few days. Wouldn’t be shocked if he wanted it to be less obvious he was with her when he skipped the Emmys to avoid her getting blamed or him getting called unprofessional

by Anonymousreply 530December 12, 2022 11:09 PM

Yeah, I don't see fans taking that well. Maia will get most of the hate though. But Kit taking 10 hours to wake up to post a statement is a bit funny knowing he's just chilling with his GF.

Her brother isn't too smart.

by Anonymousreply 531December 12, 2022 11:10 PM

R531 no way he was asleep; probably didn’t realize his statement had a (quite limited in scope) negative reaction but he’s so sensitive he wanted to say something. Saying “I just processed” is probably smarter than “I didn’t realize you all wouldn’t like what I originally said”; fans are in floods of tears over how sweet and sensitive he is over it and the “bff agenda” online, with some sprinkled in “Joe would hate you for critiquing Kit”, so the updated statement worked. Maia is very very pretty, they’re s good looking couple

by Anonymousreply 532December 12, 2022 11:13 PM

The first reply to her comment on Bash’s post was already someone calling both of them lame for him missing, which I don’t fully disagree with, so I imagine it’s going to get worse once that picture spreads. And her brother seems really weird.

by Anonymousreply 533December 12, 2022 11:14 PM

R530 Those pics she posted were probably old right before the Emmy's too

I don't get why he couldn't have gone for the weekend to the Emmy's and flew back, but I'm not him and am not a teenager who just finished two back and to back projects and had to out myself in front of millions while dealing an intense fandom. He might just need a mental break from HS and the business in general and not want to be on for awhile. It's very unlike Kit not to go, so who knows what's up with him.

R532 Yeah, didn't mean he was asleep.. Pretty obviously wasn't but fans could have assumed he was flying home or jetlagged or whatever, but no he's just doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 534December 12, 2022 11:15 PM

It’s ridiculous if people are up maias ass for this; highly doubt she held him at gunpoint and didn’t let him go. She’s super social and also an actress, frankly she would likely have gone with. Clearly he wanted to miss for whatever reason, and may legitimately have thought he wasn’t going to win so it wouldn’t matter. Hopefully Joe wins next series so they each have one; given they carried the show together would be a very nice touch

by Anonymousreply 535December 12, 2022 11:18 PM

They will be on her ass because Kit might get shit from trolls but he's mostly treated like a child to an annoying degree, and as someone who can do no wrong among a lot of fans. Not saying he did anything wrong here though, but if they want to be mad they won't be mad at him since he's "barely" 18 and she's an ancient 22 year old

by Anonymousreply 536December 12, 2022 11:25 PM

R536 to be honest I think it wasn’t a great look for him not to go; not a crime or a sin but while I get they’re all burned out optically skipping an award you beat a costar for because you’re with your girlfriend isn’t the best look. Don’t think it was done with any Ill intentions though. Both Kit and Joe are very self deprecating and pretty humble so I think there’s a high chance he genuinely thought he would lose and thus skipping wouldn’t matter. That said I agree that firstly this isn’t something to crucify him over; the only person it may have implications on (and even those are highly unlikely) would be him; and secondly that it’s likely fans will still find a way to call her a manipulative predator while simultaneously arguing he has no obligation to go

by Anonymousreply 537December 12, 2022 11:31 PM

R536 That is a pretty accurate description. The noticeable difference in the online harassment the cast have had is Kit gets attacked by a few deranged trolls and people from outside the Heartstopper fan base while Bash gets attacked exclusively by Heartstopper fans themselves and Joe gets both.

I like Kit a lot he seems like a decent, intelligent boy but the levels of idolisation, coddling and babying he gets from many of the fans is actually quite sickening. Many a weeping emoji has sacrificed itself to sob over what a sweet little angelic baby pumpkin Kit is. He won’t be blamed for anything it is everyone around him who catches the hate. Even the Joe and Bash supporters who are seen as a rival camp don’t seem to ever attack him they just refrain from quite the saccharin levels of idolisation.

I think it’s partly driven by the mad golden retriever narrative and the inability to separate him from the perfect Nick and partly because he just seems genuinely nice and easy going. I actually saw one of the “Maia is a groomer” lot going with he was almost certainly a virgin before the evil woman seduced him.

I would love for him to reveal some darker underbelly one day if only to blow the minds of the overbearing sexless fraus who seem to think he’s still 12 years old

by Anonymousreply 538December 12, 2022 11:45 PM

R547 It wasn't the best look. He should have gone honestly. He's still a newbie in the business and hasn't really broke into the US market yet, but it's his life/career so it's not my business to get mad at him about it.

Though not exactly sure I buy that he didn't think he would win. He had to know he was the best reviewed between him and Joe and he had an award winning costar to play off and that scene got the most attention from anything in the show, but you are right in general.

Anyway, I do feel a bit bad for Joe in general. Not exactly sure how he deals with knowing his costar is much more popular than he is, is seen as much better looking and now gets awarded over him. Though maybe it doesn't bother him at all.

by Anonymousreply 539December 12, 2022 11:48 PM

R538 it’s honestly funny and ironic because - to be clear all three seem actually lovely people - bash gets the most fan hate and is actually on face the most sweet golden retriever like out of the bunch. Kit posted pissy tweets a fair bit, Joe is jokingly bitchy, and the two of them bickered and banter a lot in interviews. I actually love it, I think it’s genuinely far more entertaining and likable than the weird cardboard cutouts they like to imagine them as, but it is funny the one they hate the most is actually the closest to the “totally gentle soul” archetype they’ve assigned to Kit

by Anonymousreply 540December 12, 2022 11:51 PM

My guess is that Joe doesn't feel too bad. Probably would be worse if it was a co-star he wasn't close to winning over him and I assume that on some level there's also the understanding that Kit's been working in the industry for much longer, so it's not like he swept in out of nowhere and stole his shine.

by Anonymousreply 541December 12, 2022 11:53 PM

R539 He might have thought similarly to a lot of us that he and Joe would split votes and a previous winner would prevail. To be honest, I didn't think he was going to win until Olivia won a couple of minutes before his category. Seeing that they responded to her couple of scenes made it clearer that they would also respond to Kit's work in those scenes.

by Anonymousreply 542December 12, 2022 11:56 PM

I think Olivia did a lot of heavy lifting for kit. Not in the sense that he didn’t deserve his win - in the sense that he was against both a costar for vote splitting, and Loretta Devine, a previous winner. People who liked his performance but may otherwise have thought “well maybe Loretta deserves it” were likely made much more confident giving it to someone who acted opposite Oscar winner Olivia

by Anonymousreply 543December 12, 2022 11:58 PM

If you want to golden retriever someone it should def be Bash. He's a goofy ass guy. Joe and Kit can be pretty catty at times, which is great.

R541 Might be, though they did basically start out with around the same level of fame even if Kit has been acting longer. Nobody really knew who Kit was before. Technically I'm pretty sure bash was the most famous among the group pre-HS. It's just fans ended up liking Kit a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 544December 13, 2022 12:00 AM

R543 Kit sharing scenes with Olivia, but most importantly standing toe-to-toe with an Oscar winner in those scenes (the coming out scene in particular), definitely gave him a push.

by Anonymousreply 545December 13, 2022 12:02 AM

He looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546December 13, 2022 12:20 AM

R545 agreed, Kit held his own; I think Joe’s strongest scene was opposite jenny. They were both phenomenal in it but as she’s a complete unknown as well, there wasn’t the same sense of “wow he’s on her level in this” that there would be with Olivia

by Anonymousreply 547December 13, 2022 12:20 AM

R539 honestly the show struck gold with Joe. Kit is fantastic in it, and I get why so many people have loved him as Nick. But finding a complete unknown who cares so much about the show, is genuinely incredibly gifted (he held his own against Kit who has 10 years experience on him and imo outperformed Bash as well), very willing to do promo, and very very non jealous is impressive. While I understand what others say about the reasons Joe likely isn’t super jealous, the fact is finding anyone, let alone an 18-19 year old, who could be so mature and reflexive about how much more popular and more kindly treated his costar is for no real reason must be hard as fuck. But not only is Joe silent on that, he’s also (from what we know) never let it impact his relationship with kit or shown any resentment for the way Kit is preferred and promoted over him. Even dealing with the massive amounts of online hate “publicly alone” (only Bash and Kit said anything about it), he’s been really much kinder and more quiet about it than most people would be.

Landing marvel is super deserved, both talent and character wise - he’s unusually mature and good hearted and while I think the whole cast is actually lovely, he is always going to be the one I root the most for.

by Anonymousreply 548December 13, 2022 12:30 AM

R546 Kit looks good in that photo. Like the stubble.

by Anonymousreply 549December 13, 2022 12:39 AM

I’ve seen a few posts and CCs about this online but it’s the first I’ve heard of it - did the show or Alice put Joe on a diet S1? That’s apparently floating around but I haven’t seen any proof and can’t understand why they would

by Anonymousreply 550December 13, 2022 1:19 AM

I’m assuming they’re basing that on these stories, which I thought were an obvious joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551December 13, 2022 1:22 AM

R551 if that’s actually the only basis for it then yeah I think clearly a joke. Not saying they should do it for any of the actors but Joe especially is tiny, highly doubt they were concerned about his weight

by Anonymousreply 552December 13, 2022 1:23 AM

R551 Probably a joke, meal plan isn't exactly a diet, they were all (and still) really young so not surprised if they had meals catered to feed them. Though addressing something to Ben and Charlie nowadays would get Connor murdered online and called an abuse apologist who supports abusive relationships. Things have changed.

by Anonymousreply 553December 13, 2022 1:28 AM

R550 That seems really unlikely Joe is literally a twig and even smaller when he was filming S1

If there was any kind of diet it plan it would possibly be healthy eating to help get through the long days. Any kind of restricted diet on someone with virtually no body fat and still growing he probably wouldn’t have been able to keep working

by Anonymousreply 554December 13, 2022 1:32 AM

I’ll be curious to see if Bash moves with Joe to the US. Either way I’m sure he’ll visit for decent stretches and of course he may have filming we’re unaware of, but absent that. Given the show was less popular in America and I presume Georgia doesn’t have a high population of HS fans, they likely wouldn’t be spotted for quite a while if he does. We would be playing guesswork via random shit, like the hours he’s active on social media

by Anonymousreply 555December 13, 2022 3:15 AM

I know he's rich and doesn't need to work but I would think he'll probably try to book another acting job?

by Anonymousreply 556December 13, 2022 3:55 AM

R556 I think he will too, but he hardly needs to be in London full time for that. Normally I would say it’s crazy to fly to London from Atlanta for auditions, but Given he took a flight right after filming London to brazil to be with joe, then back to London for all of a day, then to LA to be with him again, I think it would well be worth it. Obviously who knows though; for all I know he’s booked a play that’ll run throughout much of joes filming

by Anonymousreply 557December 13, 2022 4:00 AM

After he went to Brazil to do nothing and then flew to LA early in the week, I think I underestimated him, so no telling what he'll do. I'm sure he'll get new projects, but also sure he'll try to go see Joe as much as possible. Joe might have to come to London for HS promo too depending on when it releases. Wonder if he did any auditions in LA since he's been there for awhile. Not sure when he'll have to do movie promo. I doubt the two stay away from each other for long regardless, though extreme long distance is something actors have to deal with. They can talk to Kit and Maia about it.

by Anonymousreply 558December 13, 2022 4:12 AM

Does anyone here watch His Dark Materials? There was a scene towards the end of the most recent episode that Kit did really good voiceover work for. He was apparently on set for it.

by Anonymousreply 559December 13, 2022 4:23 AM

BTS pic from someone who met Joe. They were nominated themselves and wished him good luck. Said he was very charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560December 13, 2022 4:26 AM

And another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561December 13, 2022 4:26 AM

R560 while I do prefer it at the con length, whoever cut joes hair this time shaped it really well. It’s still flattering

by Anonymousreply 562December 13, 2022 4:35 AM

R559 Yeah, I teared up at the dock scene. Wish I had read the books and been prepared.

R560 Bummed that Joe hasn’t made a proper Instagram post about the Emmys to memorialize that look.

by Anonymousreply 563December 13, 2022 4:40 AM

He didn't made a post about attitude awards. And he was looking extra spicy that day

by Anonymousreply 564December 13, 2022 4:44 AM

R495 and you didn’t share them here?! Joking, is your friend super rich? I get the feeling Bash probably lives somewhere very expensive

by Anonymousreply 565December 13, 2022 6:53 AM

R559 No, but am gonna check it out now you’ve said that. How do they explain that Kit’s voice gets deeper and deeper every season? Do they just go with it?

by Anonymousreply 566December 13, 2022 7:56 AM

I LOVE his Dark Materials. It’s brilliant! Kits voice hasn’t really changed much in it that I’ve noticed but as Lyra ages, so does Pan (who Kit voices). Pan is an extension of her soul. He changes from being small animas and will eventually fix as a fully grown large animal. It would be unrealistic that Pan would sound more adult as they both mature.

by Anonymousreply 567December 13, 2022 9:15 AM

R546 Do we know when/where that is? Is he starting to be spotted in Argentina again?

by Anonymousreply 568December 13, 2022 9:48 AM

R566 What r567 says, and also to me it sounds like Kit pitches his voice a little higher for the part.

r568 Yeah, it’s from yesterday in Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 569December 13, 2022 10:44 AM

R569 Thanks - I’d also suspect that he filmed the latest season a fair while ago cos there’s a lot of post production etc to be done afterwards.

I never really hear/see him promote His Dark Materials? Has he mentioned on socials that the new season is out?

by Anonymousreply 570December 13, 2022 10:47 AM

R570 I remember him reposting the trailer for the most recent season on his Instagram Stories and some retweets, but I'm not sure he's posted anything more recently. Anyway, here's an article where Dafne Keen talks about working with him (editing around spoilery bits):

[quote]It was a very, very fun scene to do. I got to do it alongside Kit Connor, who's a brilliant, brilliant actor, so it was a huge honor. Lovely guy as well. Really lovely guy.

[quote]That said, prior to Season 3 [...], the actor was never actually on set to work with Dafne Keen. She confirmed that it was a first, and explained how his on-set performance affected her in the pivotal scene: It was really really helpful, actually… [Many times] they were like 'We're gonna bring Kit on set,' and they never brought Kit on set… I went to the producers and I was like, 'If Kit isn't in this day, I don't know what I'll do with myself. I'll probably do a really bad scene.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571December 13, 2022 10:59 AM

Isn’t this the creep who waited at the airport in Brazil and made up some story about Joe and Kit being on the same flight? He’s really trying hard with Rhys, replying to his every tweet. No offence to Rhys, but I’m sure that 95% of the people that follow and interact with him are just hoping to get closer to the cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572December 13, 2022 12:26 PM

R572 I would actually love to see them start dating. Angling for double dates with Joe and bash and bumping Bradley and his boyfriend down to only the second most annoying couple affiliated with the show.

Did rhys even work on this season of heartstopper? He wasn’t in the afterparty pics

by Anonymousreply 573December 13, 2022 12:49 PM

R573 it turns out the wrap party he went to was not for Heartstopper, but for the show he’s actually been working on since august

by Anonymousreply 574December 13, 2022 12:54 PM

R574 wait so he’s not even on Heartstopper this season? That’s actually hilarious. I wonder why he didn’t come back

by Anonymousreply 575December 13, 2022 12:56 PM

R575 the show he’s been working on was with one of the Derry girls - there’s no way he would have been working on both

by Anonymousreply 576December 13, 2022 1:00 PM

No real point in linking them here but it’s insane how viral and liked tweets about Joe being ugly are on Twitter without really any fan backlash. Just came across one randomly with 9000 likes and no “big” fan accounts saying anything, though all the same people yesterday were shrilly freaking about how horrible it was to find Kit’s ig story a little rude. I’m definitely in the camp of “leave them all alone”, but it’s kind of wild how much they infantilize and baby Kit which to be fair I’m sure is also very annoying to him, while throwing Joe to the wolves regarding objectively far meaner Shit

by Anonymousreply 577December 13, 2022 1:09 PM

R576 So he’s not even working on Heartstopper anymore? And probably hasn’t seen a cast member since they wrapped 18 months ago?

That is so sad and funny at the same time. Has he been actively leading people on to believe he is still involved? I’ve definitely seen him spoken about as if he was crew in series two and close to the cast

by Anonymousreply 578December 13, 2022 1:11 PM

R578 Unsure if he was doing it deliberately or not, but I certainly had zero clue that he’s no longer working on Heartstopper, and I follow him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 579December 13, 2022 1:22 PM

R577 To be fair, the tweet is in Portuguese and didn't mention Joe by name. I keep track of Joe stuff and even I didn't see it until now when it's been up for over a day. I've only seen it because another Joe fan quoted it to defend him, as the Joe fans themselves are just now finding it. I'm linking the tweet in case anyone else wants to report it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580December 13, 2022 4:09 PM

A bit of one of the Brazil interviews, full thing comes out on Saturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581December 13, 2022 4:14 PM

R580 I grasp your point but a lot of the accounts vaguely posting things about thinking kit was unprofessional yesterday also didn’t mention him by name. Like this one, fairly clear from context what they were about; the Kit fans jumped down their throats but are overall ignoring this. As I said I think the babying of Kit probably annoys him as well, honestly; it’s hardly his “fault” and I’m sure it’s insulting and aggravating to him that so many of his fans treat him as an innocent baby led astray by all. But it is just undeniable that the fanbase as a whole treats him far better and cares about him far more than Joe

by Anonymousreply 582December 13, 2022 4:15 PM

Looks like Kit’s finally leaving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583December 13, 2022 4:18 PM

R582 You will never, ever find me arguing that Kit isn't more babied than Joe, I just think it's unfair to say that people didn't care because they weren't engaging with it. The people who were vaguely posting about Kit were already in the show's fandom and followed by Kit fans so their stuff was found instantly. This moron isn't in the fandom and didn't use the name of the show or the actors. I speak for myself in that I would have reported it much faster and before it spread if I had known and I imagine the active Joe fans on Twitter feel the same. Thankfully, it seems to be getting more traction now on the fandom side so hopefully he's either bullied into deleting it or it's mass reported enough to be taken down.

by Anonymousreply 584December 13, 2022 4:22 PM

R583 he and Joe have both really grown into their own this year. Kit looks great

R584 to be clear I’m not denying you and a lot of other people care about both. Even the number of likes from semi random accounts on tweets defending Joe after he deactivated over the likes debacle shows a decent if low key percentage of the fan base genuinely cares about him. My overarching point is that the heartstopper Twitter is a bit of an echo chamber. If I went to say, the accounts with the 5-10 biggest tweets from yesterday about how unfair it is to call Kit’s story rude or think he should have attended, I’d be very surprised to see more than 2-3 mention anything about Joe, even now that it’s gaining traction.

Overall I agree with the DL consensus of “don’t pay attention to it, they’re random accounts” but given random shitty accounts led to kit coming out and Joe blocked a girl who actually hadn’t tagged him or bash recently but had been a bitch in the past, it’s clear the cast sees a LOT of what happens. Don’t think every tweet from some lunatic calling bash a trump supporter or some troll with two likes calling kit a queerbaiter or someone calling Joe rude with no traction matter or need to be shared, but the “bigger accounts” clearly come across their dashboards as Kizzy, Tobie, Leila and formerly Bash like a lot from them. And I do think it probably sucks for Joe that the tweets that get the most traction defend his costar over literally the mildest things while the word “ugly” has never been out of his popular searches and a lot of tweets like this gain traction and they all ignore those.

by Anonymousreply 585December 13, 2022 4:31 PM

I don't disagree with the fact that Joe gets more hate than Kit, but again we're drifting back to a topic that has been absolutely done to death in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 586December 13, 2022 4:58 PM

It won the CHILDRENS EMMYS.

by Anonymousreply 587December 13, 2022 4:59 PM

I think engaging in negative troll tweets is dumb either way. It just brings more attention to something that might be ignored. Half the reason ugly is even in Joe's searches is because fans will tweet about how "Joe Locke is NOT ugly!!!".

People were jumping all over fans who would mildly say maybe that saying "cool" and not going to the award show wasn't the best look, so I do get the other person's point though. Speaking of that, Kit didn't even tag Joe in his redo so he couldn't repost it. So I'm not exactly sure it was for Joe's benefit (I'm guessing he personally texted him...) but for people complaining.

by Anonymousreply 588December 13, 2022 5:02 PM

Will's back in the UK (and working with Kit's groomer).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589December 13, 2022 6:26 PM

Patrick Walters has also returned to a celebration with the crew (possibly see saw only)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590December 13, 2022 6:32 PM

Wonder if they’ll have some sort of get-together celebration with the cast once they’re all back between the Emmy wins and both leads missing the wrap party?

by Anonymousreply 591December 13, 2022 6:54 PM

R591 wouldn’t be surprised if they had a get together for Bash’s birthday but obviously there the focus would be hanging out as a group and celebrating Bash more than the Emmys. I think it’s not unlikely; he and Joe and Kit had to miss the wrap party, he threw something big for his 18th and is quite social, and obviously his boyfriend is going to america and likely won’t see many of them until the end of Agatha filming.

by Anonymousreply 592December 13, 2022 7:24 PM

This is funny. It’s nice to see after the amount of crap Joe’s gotten for being “ugly” that he can still appreciate his own frankly amazing jawline. All he needs to do now is praise his own hair and ass and he’ll have hit DL’s trifecta of their favourite features of his.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593December 13, 2022 9:09 PM

People are gatekeeping the interview so I'm not sure where it's from originally, but this is the longer clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594December 13, 2022 9:22 PM

R594 I believe it comes out on Saturday

by Anonymousreply 595December 13, 2022 9:25 PM

Update: Netflix Brasil posted and deleted it.

by Anonymousreply 596December 13, 2022 9:26 PM

R594 Cute clip - so much more interesting than yet another person asking if they read the comics before auditioning. It loosens them up a bit and they can just chat and have a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 597December 13, 2022 9:44 PM

Any poll / theme ideas for when this thread is shut down in 3 comments? Trying to avoid it getting deleted.

by Anonymousreply 598December 13, 2022 10:21 PM

Move it here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599December 13, 2022 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!