Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

US soccer journalist Grant Wahl dies while covering World Cup in Qatar

This is too weird, and right after his substack about human rights abuses in Qatar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 15, 2022 1:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2022 1:36 AM

Only 48.

This is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2022 1:49 AM

Soccer kills.

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2022 1:49 AM

CNN just said he'd been sick with bronchitis, but tested negative for covid.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2022 1:51 AM

The Qataris killed him.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2022 1:54 AM

He was detained for wearing a rainbow shirt, wrote about human rights abuses, and now he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote] and now he's dead

Did he have a great ass?

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2022 1:57 AM

[quote] The Qataris killed him.

It was MBS! It was MBS!

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2022 1:57 AM

His brother said he had received death threats. It does sound sinister.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2022 1:59 AM

Are you the Sarah Palin of Datalounge, OP? Do you read anything other than the fascist maga-loving New York Post?! Stop posting that shit here.

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2022 2:00 AM

[quote]CNN just said he'd been sick with bronchitis, but tested negative for covid.

His wife's a prominent infectious disease doctor who will undoubtedly (and wrongly) blame herself for his death it turns out he had a lingering illness.

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2022 2:00 AM

CNN reporting he went to the Doha Medical Centre for treatment of his bad cold. Nothing to see here! Nothing to see here! Now who are you rooting for in England-France?

by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2022 2:08 AM

Just this week, Wahl wrote in his newsletter that he had not been feeling well and visited a hospital while he was in Qatar:

“My body finally broke down on me. Three weeks of little sleep, high stress and lots of work can do that to you,” Wahl wrote. “What had been a cold over the last 10 days turned into something more severe on the night of the USA-Netherlands game, and I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort. I didn’t have Covid (I test regularly here), but I went into the medical clinic at the main media center today, and they said I probably have bronchitis. They gave me a course of antibiotics and some heavy-duty cough syrup, and I’m already feeling a bit better just a few hours later. But still: No bueno.”

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2022 2:10 AM

His brother thinks he was killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2022 2:12 AM

Apparently he collapsed at the stadium, was given CPR and Ubered to the hospital where he died (according to his wife, quoted in the TMZ article above.)

Ubered? They don’t have ambulances in Qatar?

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2022 2:16 AM

This all seems super suspicious

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2022 2:17 AM

Gee. Never in a million years would I have guessed something suspicious like this happening in a place like Qatar.

It's so peace loving. And open to all kinds of people and walks of life.

I am just perplexed.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2022 2:20 AM

This is crushing to me. He was THE soccer journalist here in the US when I was first becoming a fan of the sport. He was an ally to gay players and was one of the first journalists to feature the women's game. His death is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2022 2:25 AM

Something very similar to this happened in December 2019 to a media person. I think he had been recently engaged or married, quite young and healthy, dropping dead mysteriously on assignment. Maybe even sports related too. There was speculation after the fact that maybe he was a very early victim of Covid-19. Anyone recall this?

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2022 2:25 AM

RIP

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2022 2:25 AM

SHADY AS FUCK.

This was absolutely foul play.

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2022 2:28 AM

No one’s gonna reply with, “Was it the AIDS?”

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2022 2:32 AM

This is really sad. I can see bronchitis combined with weeks of sleeplessness, the high stress of reporting, plus whatever stress he went through while being detained leading to some sort of cardiac event.

But the fact that it happened where and when it did makes me suspicious, too.

Good for him for representing while he was there. Most journalists wouldn't have had the courage to.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2022 2:32 AM

Here's a pic of medics attending to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2022 2:33 AM

Grant Wahl was one of the few American soccer journalists that didn’t make me want to bash my head in. Seemed like such a great guy and was really knowledgeable about the sport. It feels like even if it wasn’t a murder, there was some negligence along the way, whether it be a misdiagnosis even when he sought treatment multiple times in Qatar or when he was given aid after his collapse. Rest well.

by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2022 2:40 AM

My theory: Poisoned and no autopsy will show it.

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2022 2:41 AM

R24 taken out on a stretcher but then transported to the hospital by uber? weird.

by Anonymousreply 27December 10, 2022 2:44 AM

The Secretary of State and POTUS have been in touch with his wife already

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2022 2:45 AM

Murder at the World Cup!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 10, 2022 2:47 AM

Ned Price, the gay State Department spokesman, is on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 10, 2022 2:47 AM

Some of you might as well be QAnon idiots. You're as fucking stupid as them. A lot of people have been speaking out about Qatar. They didn't kill him and he sure as hell no where near as influential as you NOW want to pretend that he was.

by Anonymousreply 31December 10, 2022 2:48 AM

R31 I don’t think this is going to wind up being a murder, but it’s not just people on here with concerns. His brother is claiming foul play and his wife, who worked for the Biden administration, liked a tweet about his brother’s claim.

by Anonymousreply 32December 10, 2022 2:52 AM

^ The Qatar Shill has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 33December 10, 2022 2:53 AM

I'm not a shill for Qatar, fool. I'm just tired of conspiracies being seen behind every fucking death. Hundreds of millions of people are watching it all and couldn't give a shit about Qatar's human rights record -- mostly because see hypocrisy in the sources.

Grant Wahl isn't so well-known that he could take down Qatar. Give me a break. It just sounds so silly to anyone who understands once this shit is over, no one will give a shit about what goes on in Qatar.

by Anonymousreply 34December 10, 2022 2:59 AM

I'm more shocked by who is wife is. I always used to see her on MSNBC. Infectious disease doctor Celine Gounder.

by Anonymousreply 35December 10, 2022 3:01 AM

What was on his iPod?

Seriously, this sucks. For the next World Cup (in the US and Canada) they should rename a stadium for him.

by Anonymousreply 36December 10, 2022 3:05 AM

He was favourite resident of Schloss Lutz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 10, 2022 3:05 AM

Idk about murder or polonium tea, but qatar medical care is probably shitty, Qatar/Saudi/UAE send their people to US and European hospitals after all and their government pays full price and cash so US hospital administrators kiss their asses even if these patients are insufferable assholes to nurses and doctors and there isnt anything anybody can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 38December 10, 2022 3:08 AM

He was murdered. Poisoned. Qatar. What a shitty country.

by Anonymousreply 39December 10, 2022 3:10 AM

Qatar needs to pay for this 🔫

by Anonymousreply 40December 10, 2022 3:23 AM

you know it was the vaccine!

by Anonymousreply 41December 10, 2022 3:34 AM

the desert air didn't agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 42December 10, 2022 3:34 AM

Do we know if he has medical issues? Asthma? COPD? smoker? diabetes?

by Anonymousreply 43December 10, 2022 3:35 AM

what is a substack?

by Anonymousreply 44December 10, 2022 3:36 AM

a case of bronchitis....was he on meds for this?

by Anonymousreply 45December 10, 2022 3:37 AM

[quote] the desert air didn't agree with him.

He should have taken a cure in South America.

by Anonymousreply 46December 10, 2022 3:38 AM

And Keanu still walks among us

by Anonymousreply 47December 10, 2022 3:38 AM

[quote] Do we know if he has medical issues?

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 48December 10, 2022 3:39 AM

[quote] his substack

[quote] what is a substack?

Did he have "a" substack?

by Anonymousreply 49December 10, 2022 3:40 AM

If you don't know what Substack is then I can't help you.

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2022 3:41 AM

CBS is reporting that he suffered a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2022 3:47 AM

"Substack" and "Substack"! What is "Substack"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2022 3:49 AM

Substack is Substack!!

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2022 3:51 AM

CBS has now removed the claim of a heart attack from their article

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2022 3:52 AM

Horrifying

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2022 3:54 AM

What is happening in this pic? Are they holding him up by his feet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2022 3:55 AM

[quote] Do we know if he has medical issues? His brother (who thinks he was killed) says he had NO medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2022 3:59 AM

Whatever the real reason he died, this will forever be a part of world cup history, absolutely not to the stupid masses.....but to Western investors, tourists, and politicians. I guarantee this will pop up in books and TV shows for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2022 4:00 AM

Let’s try this again.

[quote] Do we know if he has medical issues?

His brother says he had NO medical issues.

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2022 4:01 AM

Elevated feet promote circulation

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2022 4:01 AM

Covid Vax strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2022 4:03 AM

What's "Substack", precious? What's "Substack"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2022 4:04 AM

R61, are you also R41?

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2022 4:04 AM

Fellow DLers, redpill me on Substack please. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2022 4:10 AM

he's too young to be dying from bronchitis.

At least he didn't suffer and waste away with an illness like cancer or dementia

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2022 4:13 AM

Died suddenly?

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2022 4:15 AM

[quote] he's too young to be dying from bronchitis

He's too dead to have bronchitis now.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2022 4:15 AM

I’m thinking of getting “a” Substack given that you make it sound so alluring.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2022 4:24 AM

As I was reading this story, I kept wondering why the hell they had this event in Qatar. All the controversies and it doesn’t seem safe for reporters. There is no reason to be there unless your country is still playing. Soccer is boring as hell too.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2022 4:32 AM

Was he double boosted and infected with covid?

Vaccine-induced sudden adult death strikes again, probably.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2022 4:34 AM

R70, are you also R61 and/or R41?

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2022 4:36 AM

He's been saying for the past two weeks that he felt shitty and could hardly force himself to go on. To me, that argues that he had a serious lung infection, poor oxygenation, possible pneumonia or bronchitis so severe that his bronchia were completely inflamed and not allowing for air to penetrate lungs. Yes, that can lead to death. Thousands of people in the US die of asthma attacks every year, which is a similar sort of lung inflammation issue. It puts a terrible strain on the heart, which is trying its hardest to pump oxygenated blood to all the cells. When the blood isn't properly oxygenated, the cells of the body all send signals to the heart - SEND MORE BLOOD. But there's not enough oxygen in the lungs for the blood to pick up. That was also the cause of death of many of the people with COVID. I think he was driven to continue working this event by professional pride or something. I think a less driven person would have taken the first flight home and checked himself into the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2022 4:47 AM

Could it be a Legionnaire’s Disease type thing from shoddy, rushed construction and poorly installed air conditioning units growing toxic bird guano organisms that people are breathing in? He might be the canary in the coal mine.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2022 4:53 AM

[quote] Apparently he collapsed at the stadium

You'd collapse too if you'd been thrown off the roof by a bunch of extremist Muzzies.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2022 4:59 AM

Covid would make him drop dead. Sounds like it was a misdiagnosis and his self-test for Covid didn't work. They didn't test him for Covid at the hospital because their healthcare system sucks.

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2022 5:13 AM

R72 Thank you for a logical and well explained conclusion/hypothesis. Let's keep our eye on this one.

by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2022 5:19 AM

R76 here, eyes

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2022 5:19 AM

I'd subscribe to your Substack, R68.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2022 5:21 AM

Thanks to R72 for bringing this back to intelligent discourse. Whatever it turns out to be, it's not so unusual that someone drops dead, and his own posts sound like he was pushing though something he should've addressed, but he's a soccer guy and it's World Cup and the show had to go on. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2022 5:27 AM

One never questions or - Heaven forfend! - criticizes Islam (or Muslim regimes).

One submits. Silently.

(Or ends up dead. Mysteriously.)

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2022 5:27 AM

[quote]When the blood isn't properly oxygenated, the cells of the body all send signals to the heart - SEND MORE BLOOD. But there's not enough oxygen in the lungs for the blood to pick up. That was also the cause of death of many of the people with COVID.

This is true. The people went to the ER and said they didn't feel good. Everything seemed to checkout, but when they put the pulse oximeter on their finger they found out oxygen wasn't getting to their lungs.

But that was with the original strain of Covid. He could have also had a heart attack. Some people don't have chest pain. They feel a tightness, sometimes nausea and other symptoms that most people would not associate with heart attacks. It could be an aneurysm too.

Unfortunately since he was in this shitty country, the family will never know 100%

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2022 5:29 AM

[quote] Unfortunately since he was in this shitty country, the family will never know 100%

And the Qataris sure as fuck won't tell 'em.

by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2022 5:31 AM

Is Substack easy to get on like Datalounge? Do you have to pay a subscription?

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2022 5:41 AM

R30 is a dumbass. Ned price (not gay btw)—what the fuck can he do?

I don’t think there’s anything suspicious about this death btw. Bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2022 5:41 AM

You need to pay for some Substacks, or, you can access it for free thru Manvox, R83.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2022 5:44 AM

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our Substacks but ourselves that we are underlings.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2022 5:52 AM

r84 needs to do a little more homework.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2022 5:54 AM

This is his last Substack article, posted Dec 8.

[Quote]They just don't care. Qatari World Cup organizers don't even hide their apathy over migrant worker deaths, including the most recent one.

[Quote]“Death is a natural part of life, whether it’s at work, whether it’s in your sleep.” DOHA, Qatar — They just don’t care.

[Quote]The Supreme Committee in charge of Qatar’s World Cup doesn’t care that a Filipino migrant worker died at Saudi Arabia’s training resort during the group stage. He suffered a fatal blow to the head during a fall in a forklift accident (information that was kept under wraps until being broken by The Athletic’s Adam Crafton).

[Quote]We know the Qatari Supreme Committee doesn’t care because its CEO, Nasser Al-Khater, told you all you needed to hear in an interview with the BBC that was breathtaking in its crassness.

[Quote]“We’re in the middle of a World Cup, and we have a successful World Cup. And this is something that you want to talk about right now?” Al-Khater said when asked about the worker’s death. “I mean, death is a natural part of life, whether it’s at work, whether it’s in your sleep. Of course, a worker died. Our condolences go to his family. However, it’s strange that this is something that you wanted to focus on as your first question.”

[Quote]He actually said that. But Al-Khater didn’t stop there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2022 6:06 AM

Bald people should be doubly careful about covid since their brain already doesn't get enough oxygenated blood. And if you get infected with covid, just take an antipyretic (to reduce fever), drink plenty of water, stop talking, and go to bed. Don't work yourself to death like this guy.

by Anonymousreply 89December 10, 2022 6:13 AM

Man, Occam’s Razor doesn’t have many adherents on DL, does it? Lol.

Why on earth would Qatar want to kill a prominent American journalist IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORLD CUP?

He had a severe lingering respiratory illness by his own account. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, this seems more like Jim Henson than Jamal Khashoggi.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2022 6:58 AM

[quote] Why on earth would Qatar want to kill a prominent American journalist IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORLD CUP?

Because the prominent American journalist very publicly insulted the honor of the al Thanis.

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2022 7:02 AM

Christ, we’re still only halfway through this event?

by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2022 7:13 AM

No international events should be held in those barbaric middle eastern countries. They treat their own people like shit.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2022 7:34 AM

I don't think he was murdered. But the irony in that last article he wrote is beyond weird.

by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2022 7:45 AM

And he died the day after his birthday, so sad. :(

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2022 7:54 AM

You cant go to other countries and make political statements and then expect them to care about your rights. You're not in America anymore and American rights and laws don't apply in other countries. Leave the rainbow shirt at home and just do your fucking job so you can go back home alive instead of in a body bag.

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2022 8:12 AM

Poisoned! They love doing that shit over there. No way that a guy that age saying no to an official in that country is going unpunished. Remember Trump gave the green like that it's OK to kill journalist as long as we say "I don't believe they would do that" in public.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2022 9:27 AM

Stuff like that never happens over here. We love people who stand up against authority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2022 9:38 AM

Well R97 I agree somewhat, but Qatar was not exactly on the up and up when they took all that money from beer companies to advertise over there and last minute announce it cant be sold. It's a dirty country and even if an outside does not understand your customs, murder without a trial is not legal in that country either. They could have just fined him or giving him some time in jail if they found his opinion so uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2022 9:42 AM

[quote] murder without a trial is not legal in that country either.

Gullible Westerner.

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2022 9:45 AM

He was very sick for 10 days before he died. Maybe he would have gotten better medical treatment elsewhere, maybe there was a misdiagnosis, but straight up murder seems very unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2022 9:53 AM

RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2022 9:54 AM

That t-shirt sealed Wahl's fate. If he hadn't have worn it, he had a 50/50 chance of making it out alive. Wearing that t-shirt after being told it was haram was a challenge to al Thani absolute control/power and an insult to both the al Thanis and Islam. Wahl became yet another example/victim of what happens when Muslim feudal despots are challenged in their own country.

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2022 10:01 AM

An autopsy will likely reveal some undisclosed underlying illness.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2022 10:01 AM

Yeah, he was ill for more than a week and still he pushed himself. When I worked in journalism we all did this when working out in the field. The culture is like this. Hard-drinking, too.

He looked sickly anyway, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2022 10:47 AM

I don’t think it was murder.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2022 10:59 AM

Obviously murder.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2022 11:20 AM

Murdered.

The wife and brother need to be careful too.

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2022 11:49 AM

I had a 30-year-old friend die more than 10 years ago. He didn't have any serious health issues prior to getting the flu, but he had a high-pressure, long-hours job which he kept on doing despite the flu symptoms. By the time he finally collapsed because it had turned to pneumonia, it was too late for doctors to help him. We lived in a city with world-class, free, health facilities.

Maybe there was foul play, but if this guy was pushing himself like he was, the same thing could have happened to him without foul play and without even Covid. One of the aspects of decreased oxygen saturation is that you get insufficient blood to the brain, so it's hard to make difficult decisions such as "I must get medical help NOW and I must not take no for an answer."

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2022 11:59 AM

He probably had pneumonia but pushed through and continued working. I had a friend who ended up in the hospital the same way but survived. She was a workaholic who consistently worked to exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2022 12:16 PM

A case of Karoshi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2022 12:18 PM

Well, a journalist of some note and considerable skill and respectable experience such as Mr. Wahl was could have been the best hope MLS had for attaining global legitimacy. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2022 12:19 PM

[quote] If he hadn't have worn it, he had a 50/50 chance

If he hadn't worn it, he would have a 50/50 chance...

by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2022 1:12 PM

R113 Appreciate the edit. But the original makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2022 1:15 PM

R113 - aren't you both wrong?

Shouldn't it be "he would have had"?

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2022 1:19 PM

Horribly sad news. His brother looks like a DLer.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 116December 10, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote] His brother looks like a DLer.

I always thought Grant himself pinged a bit.

by Anonymousreply 117December 10, 2022 2:07 PM

This poor bastard snuffed it mere days before having the pleasure of seeing Ratnaldo knocked out of his last World Cup in indignity😞

by Anonymousreply 118December 10, 2022 5:11 PM

Stay the fuck out of that cuntry.

by Anonymousreply 119December 10, 2022 5:16 PM

Did you type in indignity? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 120December 10, 2022 5:16 PM

supposedly complained about chest pain

“My body finally broke down on me,” he wrote in a post on his newsletter. “Three weeks of little sleep, high stress and lots of work can do that to you … What had been a cold over the last 10 days turned into something more severe on the night of the USA-Netherlands game, and I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 10, 2022 5:44 PM

Did he have Alopecia?

by Anonymousreply 122December 10, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote] I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort.

There you have it. Cardiac event.

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2022 6:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2022 6:37 PM

When I read the story this morning, I didn’t realize he was the guy who wore the rainbow shirt and was forbidden entrance

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2022 6:38 PM

He's too young and healthy to die from this.

He did seek treatment, he went to the medical center twice? wtf did they give him?

my friend got bronchitis recently and he was on antibiotics and he's fine now, he's over 55 and works a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2022 7:52 PM

[quote] my friend got bronchitis recently and he was on antibiotics and he's fine now, he's over 55 and works a lot too.

The majority of bronchitis cases are viral; antibiotics treat bacterial infections. And yes, virus-based cases can eventually lead to a bacterial infection, but that's treating a symptom, not the cause. I had a friend like that. She was off and on antibiotics for her bronchitis for well over a year. Didn't really get do anything to get rid of it completely. It would come and go.

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote]Here's a pic of medics attending to him.

Are those real medics, or are they migrants from Nepal?

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2022 8:32 PM

48 is too young!!!

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2022 9:30 PM

R127, bronchitis is caused by a virus like the cold or flu.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2022 9:45 PM

Imagine dying because you’re “working so hard” reporting on the World Cup.

What a ridiculous person.

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2022 9:50 PM

no matter what he died from there will always be that underlying question as to whether he was murdered. Maybe this will keep the federation from holding events in these awful countries in the future.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2022 9:58 PM

This should be the final word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2022 10:08 PM

If it involves the Middle East, we will never know the truth. This story will vanish.

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2022 10:11 PM

All of these youngish people (that Julie/Julia lady) suddenly dropping dead in their forties is concerning.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2022 10:14 PM

[quote]wtf did they give him?

Hypoxia from 4 Muslim, mutilated cocks?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote] Bald people should be doubly careful about covid since their brain already doesn't get enough oxygenated blood

Speaking of people with brains not getting enough oxygen…take a look in the mirror R89

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2022 10:18 PM

The guy said he’d been having chest pressure for several days, probably had a heart attack. I don’t see why this has been such a big story.

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote] Imagine dying because you’re “working so hard” reporting on the World Cup.

Or because you’re reporting on/ cheerleading an illegal war.

by Anonymousreply 139December 10, 2022 10:19 PM

Not just his brother, R117.

Grant was one of the greats and knew how to publicize his a brave, principled stand.

He also was soft spoken;

an Eagle Scout (a not uncommon pursuit for many “Best Little Boys”);

married his Princeton sweetheart

They both apparently lead busy, liberal professional lives.

After twenty plus years, they don’t have children (but they [italic] do [/italic] have two dogs).

Cliches aside, I also think he, cutely, pings.

by Anonymousreply 140December 10, 2022 10:21 PM

Bald fatty R137 sounds triggered!

by Anonymousreply 141December 10, 2022 10:22 PM

No one cares that a reasonably intelligent person chose to expose countless bystanders to a viral infection, on the heels of a pandemic no less? He reported having what he understood to be a ‘death rattle’ (it wasn’t) while FaceTiming back home. Then he thought it was in his best interest not to go back to the hospital or alert the American Embassy, but instead to venture into a crowd of 100k people to share what he had.

I have sympathy for him, and his family. Unimaginable loss. But come on.

His wife is a medical professional who either didn’t advise him what to do, or he didn’t listen, or he didn’t care who suffered, as long as he posted his articles.

This thread is overrun with morons or Russian trolls. ‘It’s the Qataris!’ Give me a fucking break. There are hundreds of stories in the Western press about people who wore rainbow flags at the World Cup, including players and coaches! This guy was absolutely not important enough to ‘kill’. His brother must be grief stricken or dim.

by Anonymousreply 142December 10, 2022 10:40 PM

[quote] His wife is a medical professional who either didn’t advise him what to do, or he didn’t listen.

Guess which.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 10, 2022 10:51 PM

For those of you naïve enough to believed Qatar would bever commit such a high profile murder:

A scorpion and a camel wanted to cross the Red Sea. Neither could get across alone. The camel could swim, but could not see where he was going. The scorpion could see, but could not swim. The scorpion suggested that he sit on the camel’s hump and direct the camel as he swam. Together, the scorpion pointed out, they could make the crossing.

The camel was doubtful. “What if you sting me?” he asked.

The scorpion gave a sensible reply: “Don’t be silly. If I do that, then we will both drown!”

The camel saw the logic in the scorpion’s proposal and agreed. They started across the Red Sea, the camel swimming, the scorpion serving as a lookout, providing directions. When they were about halfway across, the scorpion stung the camel.

As they were drowning the camel cried out "But why?"

The scorpion answered " This is the Middle East."

by Anonymousreply 144December 10, 2022 10:52 PM

Arabs do have a history of killing journalists they don’t like

by Anonymousreply 145December 10, 2022 10:53 PM

R144, the thing is, this IS the Middle East. It's Qatar. They are who they are. If they did not like this guy they would not poison him. They would arrest him and kill him, and they would think that they were right to do so.

by Anonymousreply 146December 10, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]Arabs do have a history of killing journalists they don’t like

And the US does nothing. The US is in love with this dystopia. Biden, Trump, it doesn’t matter. If you want to solve the Middle Eastern problem, don’t look to Democrats or Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 147December 10, 2022 10:59 PM

Significant plot point missed by R146

by Anonymousreply 148December 10, 2022 11:17 PM

R148 it’s hard to be certain, but I suspect you miss a lot of plot points.

by Anonymousreply 149December 10, 2022 11:21 PM

I'm going to go ahead and assume he fell out the hospital window after drinking special tea?

by Anonymousreply 150December 10, 2022 11:24 PM

Certainly you're a dolt R149.

by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2022 12:41 AM

R140, I also thought the same! he pings to me.

I thought he was gay

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2022 12:50 AM

I saw the report on this and they said that the family will have the autopsy done in the USA

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2022 12:50 AM

I highly doubt that will make any difference, it’s just a gut feeling, R153. I believe this guy was murdered, but that will never be known.

by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2022 12:56 AM

I only read about 20 posts before posting, so I'm sure this has been said multiple times.

I can believe that he coincidentally died in Qatar after writing critical articles, wearing the pride shirt, etc. People die, unexpectedly, all the time - and he did complain of not feeling well.

That said, I absolutely believe foul play could be involved - he was outright murdered (poisoned), or he was allowed to die - not all measures taken - once he became ill - from preexisting issues not due to foul play or from the poison.

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2022 12:59 AM

a young person does not die from bronchitis!

something not right

by Anonymousreply 156December 11, 2022 1:06 AM

These countries with horrendous human rights conditions should not be awarded these high profile events.

by Anonymousreply 157December 11, 2022 1:13 AM

Qatar paid billions to host this thing. So stupid to believe they'd kill him, just so everyone could accuse them, when he wasn't the only one who has been critical of their country's record.

by Anonymousreply 158December 11, 2022 1:17 AM

I think the Argentinian journalist who was interviewing a woman in a wheelchair and was told to stop by one, then two officials giving no reason for it, would be more of a target than Wahl. He protested and said nothing untoward was being said, just "How you liking the WC?" The anchors back home in the studio were in disbelief and went negative on Qatar "What kind of a country is this?" and the usual rollout of complaints about human rights abuses. I have a feeling that broadcast reached more eyes and ears than Wahl's t-shirt or Substack.

by Anonymousreply 159December 11, 2022 1:31 AM

[quote] There are hundreds of stories in the Western press about people who wore rainbow flags at the World Cup, including players and coaches!

R142 But they weren't a Western journalist, whose image is broadcast around the world, includiing in Qatar. An image that is considered by the ruling despot al Thani clan as a direct and insulting challenge to their control and to Islam.

[quote] So stupid to believe they'd kill him, just so everyone could accuse them

When you wield absolute power/control, you don't have to give a flying fuck what everyone else might think/say. The only thing you give a flying fuck about is maintaining absolutely power/control.

by Anonymousreply 160December 11, 2022 6:08 AM

^ moron

by Anonymousreply 161December 11, 2022 6:24 AM

Qatar World Cup chief Nasser Al Khater on migrant worker casualty: ‘Death is a natural part of life, at work or in sleep’.

Of course they murdered him. These cunts don't care about human lives.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2022 6:27 AM

[quote] Of course they murdered him

Murdered? Perhaps. Withheld proper medical attention? Perhaps. Let him cark it because he insulted the al Thanis and Islam? Closer to the mark. Perhaps.

And no one will ever know reality. Each interested party will spin the end of Wahl's life to their own agenda. For the al Thanis, the message to their population, neighbors and potential challengers is crystal clear: Never, ever fuck with us!

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2022 6:34 AM

R136, that was not a gay man being hunted, it was an Asian Male Prostitute. He hooked up only because money was going to be offered. It was a sting operation and who in their right mind would intentionally break a law like that in such a repressed country with strict laws about that?

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2022 6:39 AM

some type of poison.

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2022 7:28 AM

Opportunistic poising. By that I mean they knew he had a cold, they waited for the right moment when he went to seek medical attention. Its a great cover story, overworked himself. They will not find anything wrong I bet and once there is a 2nd autopsy done in the US surprise, surprise some very obscure method of poisoning that is hard to prove definitively.

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2022 7:34 AM

Has the Lebron James of football commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2022 2:31 PM

This is an absolute tragedy. He was a beautiful, young, vibrant man of only 48 years. I just turned 35 on Friday and I realize just how young 48 years is now.

Sorry to his wife. I get the feeling he was a deeply closeted gay man though.

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2022 3:00 PM

Maybe he had a reaction to the antibiotics he was given

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2022 3:08 PM

Yes, it’s indoctrination.

The schools and the military are just thinking: this are brown kids who have no hope in life. Instead to doing all we can to give them hope, let’s stick them in the military to get killed for freedumb

by Anonymousreply 170December 11, 2022 3:13 PM

Who knows what was in those “antibiotics” they gave him. These countries don’t have real medicine… it’s all shit they get from China or Russia.

by Anonymousreply 171December 11, 2022 3:13 PM

My Lord the ignorance and QAnon bullshit in this thread are off the charts. Qatar and UAE are the largest regional buyers of US pharmaceuticals per capita in Asia. Saudi Arabia isn’t far behind.

They can afford the best, and they spare no expense even for the lowliest citizens.. The US, Western Europe, and Japan are the pharmaceutical leaders. South Korea and Australia have made notable innovations and are approaching market leadership in a few specific therapeutics. Every country that can afford them buy only from them.

by Anonymousreply 172December 11, 2022 3:52 PM

It sounds like he literally worked himself to death. If it wasn’t death by heart attack, it was probably walking pneumonia that got out of control.

He probably needed complete rest for a couple of weeks, with nebulizer treatments. Possibly steroids to reduce inflammation.

Some cough medicines make things worse, by suppressing the cough.

by Anonymousreply 173December 11, 2022 4:35 PM

There's an outlier chance there was foul play - not treating him right. His brother is quick to say he was "murdered." He's in shock and it's a great narrative for the family - he was killed for exposing injustice to the world. Either way, we'll never know conclusively.

by Anonymousreply 174December 11, 2022 4:58 PM

"Why wasn’t there a defibrillator? That was the question we kept asking each other, as the medics pumped and pumped to no avail. At this billion dollar state-of-the-art stadium, which has a VIP suite so lavish it includes a bedroom, which will host the World Cup final, why was there no defibrillator to hand? Many minutes passed and we kept expecting it to come. But it never did.

Someone brought a saline drip, to what end I can’t imagine. The medics kept on pumping. Eventually a stretcher came to take Wahl away. His face was covered. We all knew. It was reportedly a heart attack. Just minutes earlier, he’d been tweeting excitedly about the game."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 11, 2022 6:30 PM

78% of girls in Maroc are not even enrolled in school. It would make sense if they won the World Cup, when it is being hosted in another country that hates women and girls.

No journalists are covering that, though. Why talk about the welfare of 50% of the population, or about workers' rights (the fathers and brothers of those lost girls), when we can talk about anything but.

by Anonymousreply 176December 11, 2022 7:42 PM

Betting it was pulmonary emboli. He probably had a cold as well. I have two friends who developed multiple blood clots in the lungs after long flights. Pretty sure it’s what Gary Shandling died of

by Anonymousreply 177December 11, 2022 9:52 PM

It was murder.

by Anonymousreply 178December 11, 2022 9:55 PM

It was not murder.

by Anonymousreply 179December 11, 2022 10:21 PM

I'm betting "allowed to die" rather than outright murder.

by Anonymousreply 180December 11, 2022 10:31 PM

Another journalist has died

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 12, 2022 1:29 AM

how can you tweet if you are that unwell? if your lungs are fucked, not enough oxygen to your brain and other organs...there is no way you can function, if you're dropping dead within the hour etc

something not right.

by Anonymousreply 182December 12, 2022 1:37 AM

R182, you can, in fact, be fine one moment and drop dead the next, that’s far from unheard of. I knew someone who was seemingly young and healthy, with no history of heart problems. He took off for a run and had a massive coronary. As luck would have it, the runner behind him was a doctor, who said that death was instantaneous.

Qatar itself is not the healthiest environment. It’s hot, it’s dry, and, yes, everything is said to be covered with a fine coat of sand. Not only have many workers there died of dehydration and organ damage but many who have returned to their home countries have serious health problems.

by Anonymousreply 183December 12, 2022 1:53 AM

Qatar is filled with evil people who think nothing of murder. Feudalism needs to be wiped off the map, and that means the whole Arabian peninsula must be wiped out.

by Anonymousreply 184December 12, 2022 3:45 AM

^well, thats a bit severe.

What did Qatar want to get out of hosting the championship? A higher profile? The got the shitty publicity that they deserved instead.

by Anonymousreply 185December 12, 2022 3:52 AM

These Middle Eastern countries need to be turned into a parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 186December 12, 2022 4:10 AM

Antibotics cures bronchitis. He had pneumonia or foul play.

by Anonymousreply 187December 12, 2022 5:01 AM

A second journalist in Qatar has passed away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 12, 2022 5:13 AM

I called it earlier, canary in a coal mine. I also said it might be Legionairesque, which it could be bad HVAC issues where the media is housed.

by Anonymousreply 189December 12, 2022 8:44 AM

R189 fuck, hope my beloved England national team boys aren't at risk. Parasocially speaking, I love them as if they were my own spoiled idiot sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 12, 2022 12:56 PM

[quote] Feudalism needs to be wiped off the map, and that means the whole Arabian peninsula must be wiped out.

Feudalism/tribalism are two sides of the same coin. The strong rule with an iron fist, the weak are at their mercy. Problem is if you got rid of all of the feudal/tribal regimes, the vast majority of the world would cease to exist.

by Anonymousreply 191December 12, 2022 1:06 PM

Just to show that they could do it. And get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 192December 12, 2022 1:09 PM

No one outside of his family is going to give a flying fuck about a Qatari photojournalist working for Qatar's Al Kass propaganda outlet.

by Anonymousreply 193December 12, 2022 1:14 PM

Both the Wahl boys have the classic Scandinavian serial killer gaze.

by Anonymousreply 194December 12, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote] How can you tweet if you are that unwell?

Imagine your last earthly action, with your last precious minutes, is composing and posting a Tweet. Doesn't bear thinking about.

by Anonymousreply 195December 12, 2022 1:17 PM

With Season 3 of Only Murders in the Building wrapped, cast and crew are contemplating season four and talking beyond the building and NYC, a reinvention of the show if you will. Hence Only Murders in the World Cup Stadium starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez, where the three are off to Qatar to solve in their own wacky ways the murders of sport media journalist who are dropping dead in alarming matters. Ms. Gomez is very excited about wearing the full hajib, finally a costume option to hide her swelled, puffy features. Hijinks ensue.

by Anonymousreply 196December 12, 2022 1:30 PM

Okay, no one else but two journalists drop dead during the World Cup??!

by Anonymousreply 197December 12, 2022 7:50 PM

R197, we don’t know that it’s only been them. Obviously, journalists are going to be very aware of the deaths of other journalists.

by Anonymousreply 198December 12, 2022 8:01 PM

I haven't heard of a rash of deaths there

by Anonymousreply 199December 12, 2022 8:02 PM

The brother is walking back any talk about him being murdered. He's not apologizing for it but is saying there's a good chance that it was just a tragic medical event

by Anonymousreply 200December 12, 2022 8:23 PM

R199, we wouldn’t necessarily hear about other deaths. There’s no freedom of the press there; it’s an autocracy. The government has no incentive to make accurate information available. They’ve never acknowledged the true number of worker deaths.

by Anonymousreply 201December 12, 2022 8:29 PM

How many journalists died during the Olympics?

by Anonymousreply 202December 12, 2022 8:32 PM

He was a good guy! RIP Grant!

by Anonymousreply 203December 12, 2022 8:46 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 204December 12, 2022 8:46 PM

R201 but there IS de facto freedom of the press during the World Cup. It was requisite in the granting of the event by FIFA, just as it is by the IOC and other international sports federations. See, China XXIX Summer and XXIV Winter Olympiad.

Qatar granted press credentials without objection to any journalist and outlet which sought it, as did China. And unlike China, Qatar has not yet made formal complaint to any outlet or FIFA’s media arm about stories covering issues outside of the official venues. Journalists have and continue to submit articles and live broadcasts critical of the host and conditions in the country.

by Anonymousreply 205December 12, 2022 8:52 PM

Tons of migrant workers have died during the World Cup.

by Anonymousreply 206December 12, 2022 10:10 PM

What about would-be sex workers?

by Anonymousreply 207December 12, 2022 10:25 PM

greenpeace and other organizations have said thousands died building those stadiums.

by Anonymousreply 208December 12, 2022 11:08 PM

R206 is an idiot who can't find Qatar on a map.

Even Amnesty International has acknowledged positive changes in recent years.

[Quote]Steve Cockburn, Amnesty’s head of economic and social justice, said: “Although Qatar has made important strides on labour rights over the past five years, it’s clear that there is a great distance still to go.

So bringing the World Cup to Qatar has been a good move in terms of shining a light and putting pressure on Qatar to bring itself more in line with the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 209December 12, 2022 11:20 PM

[quote] The brother is walking back any talk about him being murdered.

It’s understandable that he lashed out immediately after learning of his brother’s death.

by Anonymousreply 210December 12, 2022 11:22 PM

yeah but you know the cunts are gonna go back to way things were before world cup after the games are over. they only made the changes for this event. don't fool yourself into thinking they have changed for the better etc etc.

They are backwards

by Anonymousreply 211December 13, 2022 3:10 AM

Why are people talking about MERS in Qatar?? That's the last fucking thing we need right now.

by Anonymousreply 212December 13, 2022 4:55 AM

R209 = Gullible Westerner ignorant of Muslim feudal despots. The al Thanis are absolute rulers. They don't care what anyone says, especially Western organizations. As has already been illustrated by public statements of complete disdain about "human rights" in Qatar.

by Anonymousreply 213December 13, 2022 5:07 AM

Pulmonary Embolism ? -seems to fit the descriptions of his health status that we have been given.

by Anonymousreply 214December 13, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote] [R206] is an idiot who can't find Qatar on a map.

Where, sorray? Is that a coontray?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 13, 2022 11:28 AM

what is “death rattle cough”?

by Anonymousreply 216December 13, 2022 5:43 PM

Grant Wahl’s body was brought to New York City on Monday for an independent autopsy. His widow, Dr. Céline Gounder, an infectious-disease physician who works at Bellevue Hospital, brought his body to a city medical examiner Monday.

Gounder on Tuesday shared a photo with Wahl to Twitter, writing, “I miss you, @GrantWahl.”

by Anonymousreply 217December 13, 2022 5:44 PM

R217 wait, his wife specifically handled his body? I must have read that wrong, that can't be right. Even as a medical professional, a widow wouldn't want to be the one to pack up and transport her own husband's body..

by Anonymousreply 218December 13, 2022 7:08 PM

No one said his wife handled the body.

by Anonymousreply 219December 13, 2022 7:19 PM

Aortic aneurysm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 14, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]Aortic aneurysm

[quote]“It’s just one of those things that had been likely brewing for years,” Gounder said to CBS.

Oh, please. So many recent cases in not too old people are vaccine-induced. Let's just be honest about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 14, 2022 12:53 PM

Qatar is off the hook, nothing more to see here folx, Qatar is a wonderful place. The Middle East is terrific!

by Anonymousreply 222December 14, 2022 12:57 PM

R221 just when the conspiracy loons spouting “They killed him!” ignominiously slink away…a different sort of loon quickly fills the vacuum.

And I almost spoke too soon. Thanks for adding your brilliant insight R222

🤣

by Anonymousreply 223December 14, 2022 12:59 PM

Didn’t mean to offend Mohammad Gay Man^.

by Anonymousreply 224December 14, 2022 1:00 PM

Is this the same thing Jonathan Larson died of too?

by Anonymousreply 225December 14, 2022 1:01 PM

Impossible, R225, nobody died of aneurysms before the covid vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 226December 14, 2022 1:03 PM

The NYTimes article has a few more details. Wahl may have had Marfan syndrome, which would have accounted for his strikingly elongated appearance and might have put him at increased risk for this type of death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 14, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote] Oh, please. So many recent cases in not too old people are vaccine-induced. Let's just be honest about it

So many? Where?

by Anonymousreply 228December 14, 2022 3:51 PM

He went to the clinic in Qatar, but they missed it.

This is also how Jonathan Larson of RENT died--also went to the hospital with fatigue symptoms but it missed the diagnosis

by Anonymousreply 229December 14, 2022 3:54 PM

wow. so it's vaccine related?

by Anonymousreply 230December 14, 2022 3:57 PM

The former Sports Illustrated reporter had described suffering from a severe cough in the days before his death, which some studies have linked to thoracic aortic aneurysms.

In a Substack update published hours later on Wednesday, Gounder further explained that Wahl suffered “from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium.”

“The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him,” she continued.

“There was nothing nefarious about his death.”

The Mayo Clinic describes aortic aneurysms as bulges in the walls of the aorta, the major blood vessel that carries blood from the heart. Capable of forming in both the abdomen and the chest cavity, the bulges are susceptible to bursting, resulting in catastrophic internal bleeding.

Wahl had criticized the World Cup host’s treatment of migrant workers and its laws restricting LGBT rights. He was detained for 30 minutes prior to the USA’s World Cup opener against Wales Nov. 21 for wearing a shirt depicting a soccer ball surrounded by rainbow — leading his brother Eric to suspect Grant’s death had a nefarious cause.

“My name is Eric Wahl. I live in Seattle, Washington. I am Grant Wahl’s brother. I’m gay,” he said in a video posted to his Instagram Friday night. “I’m the reason he wore the rainbow shirt to the World Cup. My brother was healthy. He told me he received death threats. I do not believe my brother just died. I believe he was killed. And I just beg for any help.”

Eric Wahl walked back his initial claim on Twitter Monday, saying that he no longer suspected foul play, and that “it seems possible Grant experienced a pulmonary embolism.” He later retracted those comments as well.

“I was in shock, and I just had limited information to go on,” he explained to The Post Tuesday.

Wahl’s body was transported back to the United States on Monday. Gounder, an infectious disease physician affiliated with Bellevue Hospital, accompanied her husband’s body to the city medical examiner.

Born in Mission, Kan., Wahl studied politics at Princeton University. He went on to work for more than 20 years at Sports Illustrated, and was also a contributor to CBS Sports and Fox Sports. In 2009, he authored the New York Times Best Seller “The Beckham Experiment,” about the English superstar’s move to Major League Soccer.

by Anonymousreply 231December 14, 2022 4:03 PM

No, its not

by Anonymousreply 232December 14, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]In a Substack update published hours later on Wednesday, Gounder further explained that Wahl suffered “from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium.” [...] “There was nothing nefarious about his death.”

I feel bad for Gounder that her grief-stricken brother-in-law put her in this position. I feel bad for Wahl's brother, too, but all of this extra drama has been a completely unnecessary distraction.

by Anonymousreply 233December 14, 2022 4:10 PM

John Ritter died of an ascending aortic dissection in 2003. Was his also caused by the Covid vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 234December 14, 2022 4:25 PM

It’s quite possible he had Marian syndrome. He does have the typical appearance.

by Anonymousreply 235December 14, 2022 4:26 PM

^Marfan

by Anonymousreply 236December 14, 2022 4:26 PM

R234, covid was around in 2003

by Anonymousreply 237December 14, 2022 4:28 PM

The only way to diagnose this before it becomes a problem is by CT scan. He likely never had other symptoms or any other reason to be scanned in the past.

by Anonymousreply 238December 14, 2022 4:31 PM

I recall a US Olympic volleyball player whom I loved, Flo, also died of an aneurysm. Turned out she had Marfans

by Anonymousreply 239December 14, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote]Opportunistic poising.

Doesn’t RuPaul do this?

by Anonymousreply 240December 14, 2022 8:40 PM

R219,

[quote]His widow, Dr. Céline Gounder, an infectious-disease physician who works at Bellevue Hospital, brought his body to a city medical examiner Monday.

I assume she used the fireman’s carry.

by Anonymousreply 241December 14, 2022 8:41 PM

wow, saw a clip of the wife on tv talking about this. She did not seem sad at all.

by Anonymousreply 242December 14, 2022 8:43 PM

^ humor in darkness is uniquely human.

Well done.

by Anonymousreply 243December 14, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]wow, saw a clip of the wife on tv talking about this. She did not seem sad at all.

She’s a doctor, and he died from something that’s blatantly obvious once the autopsy was completed. She’s just stating facts like she would to a family of someone who died, because that’s what she knows how to do. I’m sure she’ll grieve in private.

by Anonymousreply 244December 14, 2022 9:02 PM

Overvaxxed, fat whores are rabidly triggered and in denial; their shitty vaccines are killing people left and right.

by Anonymousreply 245December 15, 2022 10:03 AM

For an interview, a doctor can completely disconnect emotionally from the moment and just give the medical facts. I'm sure she's grieving

by Anonymousreply 246December 15, 2022 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!