Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kiefer Sutherland

I know he has several DUIs -- that is certainly not good. But why the constant whispering campaign on DL about how evil he is? It is starting to remind me of Tammy Cruise gossip that never amounts to anything.

by Anonymousreply 505April 19, 2024 4:33 PM

I have always liked Kiefer since I saw in him 'The Lost Boys' up to the TV show '24'. He always seems to give it all, despite his demons. I would give him a cuddle, if appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 8:51 PM

I really like him in the mentioned period as well! Is he supposed to be evil?

A complete drunk,I know. I also remember a story of him attacking a waiter out of jealousy, which is pathetic. But he seems lost not evil. As far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 8:18 PM

OP NO ONE ever brings him up here. What the fuck "constant whispering?" You can't whisper on a message board.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 8:21 PM

[QUOTE] OP NO ONE ever brings him up here. What the fuck "constant whispering?" You can't whisper on a message board.

I've seen many bring him up. They put him on the same level of sleaze as Tarantino. I just want to know why.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 8:23 PM

I heard that he developed an attachment to RDJ when they roomed together and that they ultimately parted ways after making "1969" in part over RDJ's failure to reciprocate. I've also heard he's the meanest drunk you'd ever wish to meet.

Loved him in Lost Boys, have been mildly grossed out/unnerved by him every other film.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 2:35 AM

There are a lot of stories about him here, in Toronto. I knew someone who moved in his circles and, by all accounts, he's a *very* mean drunk, in addition to having a drinking problem. He specifically had a person in his posse who was hired to sit at any bar or restaurant Kiefer would go to, monitor the situation from some distance and intervene if Kiefer started to harass women or pick fights with guys. And, when in company of women, he'd deliberately seek fights with other guys, even complete randos.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 2:41 AM

He destroyed his looks with booze.

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2024 10:52 PM

Because he’s a four foot tall asshole who, if he’s breathing he’s drinking.

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2024 11:25 PM

Also a homophobe who complained about faggot hair dressers putting their hands on him.

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2024 11:27 PM

Also racist around the edges as is his soul mate RDJ.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2024 11:36 PM

Being gang raped by prisoners made RDJ a tad bit racist.

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2024 11:39 PM

His favorite word is "gravitas." He told James Lioton that, and I rolled my eyes (hard). He's a jerk, but he was gorgeous back in the day. Especially in "Young Guns".

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2024 11:53 PM

I've never heard of him being "evil" or on the level of Tarantino's creepiness. I've always heard that he's a hopeless drunk and will never get sober.

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2024 11:59 PM

I wrote a letter to his father recently using his newly minted Canadian Donald Sutherland stamp. He asked fans to send him letters using his stamp haha.

His father has 5 kids and recently admitted that he wasn't really around much for Kiefer. It sounds like they have a somewhat decent relationship now though.

I recently watched The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial with Kiefer and he was very good in it. It was William Friedkin's last movie.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2024 12:07 AM

He's a decent actor and is good at playing villains.

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2024 12:13 AM

I read one account of him drinking a bottle of J&B scotch in one sitting. How can people drink like that without destroying their insides?

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2024 1:09 AM

Bitter old gossipy OP hard up for a topic. Desperate to be insidery with the Tammy Cruise this, whispering campaign that. Belongs on this thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2024 1:38 AM

^Hi Kiefer! Welcome to DL!

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2024 1:41 AM

I always thought he was weird looking and boring. I liked him in Flatliners

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2024 2:55 AM

This post is the first time in my 49 years that I've heard Kiefer described as physically attractive or "gorgeous".

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2024 3:01 AM

He was very handsome back in the day and had that bad boy thing going on.

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2024 3:07 AM

He’s always looked like a ghoul

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2024 3:11 AM

So hideous! How dare he show his face!🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2024 3:13 AM

r21 He definitely had that bad boy thing but it was an ugly bad boy thing. Quite different than a hot bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2024 3:14 AM

The horror!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2024 3:15 AM

R22 is the fag hair stylist Kiefer complained about.

by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2024 6:31 AM

Anyone who's been tortured and left at the altar by uber-cunt Julia Roberts while she took off with Sutherland's best friend has obviously suffered enough.

Let the man drink, for fuck's sake.

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2024 6:45 AM

Kiefer and Jason have since made up. Bros before hos.

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2024 9:40 AM

Yes, America's Sweetheart used and discarded Jason before too long.

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2024 9:58 AM

Kiefer was much hotter than either of the guys she married.

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2024 9:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2024 9:31 PM

His daughter is unfortunate looking.

by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2024 9:35 PM

He gives off closeted vibes.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2024 7:25 AM

His new series Rabbit Hole was garbage.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2024 7:39 PM

He has a reputation as a complete asshole and a friend of mine has a story that corroborates that. He's an actor in LA and gets occasional jobs in series and movies so one time he got a bit part in one of KS's shows, can't remember which. They first shot Kiefer's dialogue, then turned the camera around and shot my friend's. When he was finished, Kiefer said, "You just fucked up the entire scene" and walked away. I've heard a few stories like this about him.

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2024 7:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2024 7:54 PM

Kiefer fans may enjoy his Calorie Mate commercials. Japan loves him for 24. Personally, I love him for the polite way he attacked that Christmas tree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2024 7:57 PM

He was drunk off his ass and thought the Christmas tree was Julia.

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2024 8:04 PM

His dad has a reputation as one of the nicest celebrities you'd ever want to meet.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2024 8:20 PM

I had the misfortune of being with Kiefer one evening in his still-dating-Julia days (summer 1990, I think), and he got our whole group thrown out of a nice West LA establishment because he became belligerent when they wouldn’t serve his already-drunk ass after last call. He proceeded to drive to a mid-level studio exec’s house and bellow Christmas carols at him until the poor sap relented and let him come in, where he continued to drink.

A friend of mine who frequented the Edendale (a bar in Silver Lake) in the early 2000s said Kiefer was still pulling the same bullshit, and would swing between hostile and charming, hitting on random strangers (women and men), but usually being asked to leave because he was so obnoxious.

Julia, unfriendly as she was, dodged a bullet by Runaway Briding him in ‘91.

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2024 10:40 PM

^That's some good tea!

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2024 10:42 PM

Kiefer’s ex (they divorced around the time he hooked up with Julia), on the other hand, was/is a sweetheart. Camilla (I think she now goes by Camelia), was the widow of Jeff Kath (the guy from the band Chicago who accidentally shot himself), and was a fantastic single mom when she married Kiefer. We never figured out what she saw in him.

Fortunately, she rebounded VERY well and ended up with Jeff Lynne of ELO. Last I heard, they’re still together and happy and living in the LA Area.

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2024 10:49 PM

R6, I heard the same thing. A podcast producer on Ask Ronna told a story about meeting Kiefer at 7 Grand in downtown L.A. Allegedly, Kiefer kept trying to make out with the (male) podcast producer, and was eventually whisked away by his "handler". The producer has a selfie with Kiefer, who was (allegedly) drunk off his ass.

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2024 10:54 PM

You should post this to the celebrity gossip thread.

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2024 10:55 PM

He seems like one of those guys who pretends he's a big tough manly man in public but he's a pillow princess in private.

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2024 11:32 PM

Kiefer's always drunk off his ass. Remember when he showed up at the Abbey a few years ago? He goes in drunk. Sits down at a table and continues drinking with his pants down around his ankles, just waiting and drinking.

He's not like RDJ used to be (still is although he keeps it under control now). He'd get insanely high and sometimes drunk but he was funny and sweet and everybody liked him. He showed up for work most of the time. Just being a decent guy - however wasted he was - got him more than a few chances in LA.

by Anonymousreply 46January 4, 2024 1:40 AM

Saw him in my West Village neighborhood one weekend, shopping on Bleecker.

He was standing outside a shop smoking, glaring at the world.

Looked like someone ready to go off on the first person who looked at him or accidentally bumped him.

by Anonymousreply 47January 4, 2024 1:51 AM

I thought he was great as Commander Queeg.

by Anonymousreply 48January 4, 2024 2:01 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 49January 4, 2024 4:22 AM

No man survived that Poison P. That bitch just had a way with all those boys.

by Anonymousreply 50January 4, 2024 4:28 AM

R27 = Dylan McDermott

by Anonymousreply 51January 4, 2024 4:31 AM

I could never understand why media portrayed him as this poor heartbroken cinnamon roll because Julia canceled their wedding. Didn't she have an OD and/or suicide attempt after his mistress exposed their affair?

by Anonymousreply 52January 4, 2024 9:09 AM

R42

Camelia? When I first saw their pictures together I thought that Kiefer has gorgeous mom. Imagine my surprise.

by Anonymousreply 53January 4, 2024 9:13 AM

Didn't he cheat on Julia with a stripper?

by Anonymousreply 54January 4, 2024 9:20 AM

He did. She exposed him month before their wedding. And one day after the story came out Julia was hospitalized with bad case of flu. Flu is very dangerous in May.

by Anonymousreply 55January 4, 2024 9:24 AM

R46

I don't really understand your post. You think RDJ still using? Anyway, Downey actually talked about Kiefer's strong work ethic. I guess that's the reason why industry gave him so many chances.

by Anonymousreply 56January 4, 2024 9:34 AM

How did Kiefer slip beneath our gaydar?

by Anonymousreply 57January 4, 2024 2:37 PM

Some friends from college (straight) met him at a ski resort in the early 90’s. They spent the entire weekend drinking and skiing with him. They loved him.

by Anonymousreply 58January 4, 2024 2:40 PM

You think he's rich?

by Anonymousreply 59January 4, 2024 7:59 PM

Nepo baby

by Anonymousreply 60January 4, 2024 8:30 PM

R56, yes I'm saying that RDJ is still using.

His costars didn't bitch about RDJ the way they do about Kiefer. They loved him and gave him considerably more chances than they gave Kiefer. In Kiefer's case it's his father who is beloved. Apparently RDJ cares about Kiefer too.

by Anonymousreply 61January 4, 2024 9:49 PM

I wonder if they ever hooked up?

by Anonymousreply 62January 4, 2024 11:38 PM

R62, could be...according to a couple comments made on this thread...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 4, 2024 11:50 PM

The only thing RDJ and Kiefer had in common was addiction and daddy issues.

Kiefer has a hair-trigger temper and is a mean drunk. RDJ liked to get stoned and cuddle.

How they lived together without Kiefer clocking RDJ on an hourly basis I'm sure I couldn't tell you.

by Anonymousreply 64January 4, 2024 11:52 PM

That said, I think that, like RDJ, Kiefer had genuine talent and took on roles that others of his generation would have refused point blank.

by Anonymousreply 65January 4, 2024 11:54 PM

It seems Kiefer has branched out into a music career. IDK if he's any good.

by Anonymousreply 66January 5, 2024 1:21 AM

r61 - do you know what Downey's drug of choice is now? I hope he and the people around him are careful. He had a very bad bottom.

How is it that Kiefer has managed to keep a lucrative working career? Are his minders that good?

by Anonymousreply 67January 5, 2024 1:36 AM

From R36:

[quote]"I went and worked for Vince McMahon at the WWE for Christ's sake and it was a crazier job than working with Kiefer," he said. "But, at least he was cool and tall. I didn't have to take my shoes off to do scenes with him, which they made me do. Just put the guy on an apple box or don't hire me next time. You know I'm 6 feet and he's 5'4."

I didn't know he was that short.

by Anonymousreply 68January 5, 2024 1:45 AM

I don't think he is. Jason Patric is 5'10 and Kiefer looks about the same height.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 5, 2024 1:55 AM

I rewatched The Lost Boys yesterday (thank you, thread). I forgot how much fun this movie is. Kiefer is magnetic in it. He easily wipes the floor with stunning Jason Patric. Who looks like he just came off Caravaggio painting, but so boring. So so boring.

by Anonymousreply 70January 5, 2024 2:32 AM

Kiefer is gorgeous in Lost Boys.

Good cast all round, even Feldman, whom i can only tolerate in this and The Goonies.

by Anonymousreply 71January 5, 2024 3:23 AM

R61 it's funny because for me it looks the other way around. Kiefer got so many chances in the industry it's crazy. He is alcoholic who spend two months in jail for DUI, cheated on America's Sweetheart and jumped on trees. And still worked non stop for decades. So I doubt he is as bad as Freddy says. I read rumors that Freddy was invited as possible replacement for Kiefer in future seasons. But it obviously didn't work. Maybe that's where bitterness comes from? Freddy didn't get much support for his complaints. Whining about Kiefer being short was stupid and low.

by Anonymousreply 72January 5, 2024 4:08 AM

Breaking America's Sweetheart's heart really turned him off to the public. She ran off with Jason Patric and the fraus still went after him.

by Anonymousreply 73January 5, 2024 4:18 AM

Anyway, am I the only one who remembers gossips about Julia's suicide attempt after Kiefer's cheating was exposed?

by Anonymousreply 74January 5, 2024 4:20 AM

R68

Seriously, what a pathetic whining. I am sure Kiefer was difficult on set (though Katie Sackhoff who worked on the same season adored him), but why complain about his height?

by Anonymousreply 75January 5, 2024 4:24 AM

I still think Julia and Sandra should do a movie together. It would betray the internet and box office. A remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane would be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 76January 5, 2024 4:27 AM

R72, Freddy is a talentless cunt with no career to speak of, let alone the cult hits and TV show Kiefer has under his belt.

Ragging on a co-star's height is the mark of a twat.

by Anonymousreply 77January 5, 2024 4:27 AM

Break* the internet

by Anonymousreply 78January 5, 2024 4:27 AM

When he was on the show Freddie said he was having a great time and Kiefer was so amazing. It sounds like he's just butthurt over being fired.

by Anonymousreply 79January 5, 2024 3:04 PM

Freddie just fucked himself. Kiefer is Hollywood royalty and will make sure Fred never works again.

by Anonymousreply 80January 5, 2024 3:10 PM

Kiefer worked with Freddie Prinze, Jr.more than five years ago, and this is the first he has heard of Freddie's grievances. Kiefer enjoyed working with Freddie and wishes him the best.

by Anonymousreply 81January 5, 2024 3:23 PM

R81 Bitchy and classy.

by Anonymousreply 82January 5, 2024 4:26 PM

R80 I mean, Freddie didn't work even before he complained about Kiefer. His IMDB page is the saddest thing. It's interesting. He is good looking, tall, apparently got his shit together, has famous wife, some famous projects in the past. And has zero career.

While short psycho alcoholic Kiefer with his scandals and arrests works non-stop for more than three decades. Got to ask yourself who is more liked in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 83January 5, 2024 4:31 PM

Freddie is a whiny dweeb.

Kiefer may be a train wreck but I have never heard him complain of working with co-stars. And show me anything Freddie ever did that had the charisma level of what Kiefer pulled off in Lost Boys or The Body or even Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me (underrated performance in an underrated film).

by Anonymousreply 84January 5, 2024 5:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 5, 2024 5:47 PM

Ah. Thank you R85, that's the night at the Abbey I referenced upthread.

by Anonymousreply 86January 5, 2024 6:25 PM

I'm sure other patrons appreciated Kiefer rubbing his naked ass on the seat.

by Anonymousreply 87January 5, 2024 6:32 PM

The most hilarious thing that I read about him is that before his "wedding" with Julia Roberts he left her and moved to cheap motel that didn't have a personal phone, only phone on reception, and owners almost kicked him out because they were annoyed by constant calls from Julia and Michelle Pfeiffer. Imagine gossip like that these days? Love it.

by Anonymousreply 88January 5, 2024 7:26 PM

So he fucked Michelle too?

by Anonymousreply 89January 5, 2024 7:28 PM

"Hey this is Jason Patric. I need to get a hold of Kiefer. It's really important so tell him to call me back"

by Anonymousreply 90January 5, 2024 7:38 PM

Jason was an idiot to get involved in this. Julia used him to hurt Kiefer. She dumped him in couple of months and married Lyle Lowett pretty much on the same day she was supposed to marry Kiefer. She is fucking psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 91January 5, 2024 8:33 PM

Obviously because she dumped two gorgeous men to marry Lyle "Pockmark" Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 92January 5, 2024 8:39 PM

Sorry, but you're confused. Lyle Lovett is a brilliant musician and songwriter. Julia Roberts is an idiot with a muppet mouth. Lyle married down.

by Anonymousreply 93January 5, 2024 9:42 PM

This is DL. We judge men on a pretty face and a well hung cock.

by Anonymousreply 94January 5, 2024 10:12 PM

Saw him drunk walking in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 95January 5, 2024 10:20 PM

[quote]I'm sure other patrons appreciated Kiefer rubbing his naked ass on the seat.

And I'm sure some other patrons absolutely did.

by Anonymousreply 96January 5, 2024 10:23 PM

I'm sure his balls stuck to the vinyl.

by Anonymousreply 97January 5, 2024 10:26 PM

A regular person would be arrested for taking their pants off in public.

by Anonymousreply 98January 6, 2024 12:08 AM

R93 Aww, not a bad word about Lyle Lowett, he is a classy guy. But you got to agree, it was a sham marriage. They knew each other for a month, never lived together before or after marriage. Why did she married him anyway?

by Anonymousreply 99January 6, 2024 3:21 AM

At least I don't see any skid marks on those undies.

by Anonymousreply 100January 6, 2024 3:36 AM

R93 no one on earth thought he married down. He married her peak fame. She was the biggest star in the world. It was a weird marriage nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 101January 6, 2024 4:24 AM

R95 apparently so is half of LA, NY, Toronto and dozens of other cities.

by Anonymousreply 102January 6, 2024 5:49 AM

R92 Beauty is not everything. Kiefer is troubled alcoholic, and sorry, but Jason Patric seems like a shitty human being. His baby mama accused him of abuse and antisemitism, he talked shit about Julia after their break up, and overall seems like a bitter angry person. I remember how he said something really sarcastic about Corey Haim's death. It was a huge story in The Lost Boys fandom at the time.

by Anonymousreply 103January 6, 2024 2:02 PM

All of Julia’s guys have been hot af Kiefer, Jason, Benjamin and current husband, except for Lyle, so he must’ve offered something completely different in terms of companionship and the way he treated and responded to her which she thought was unique enough for her to marry him.

by Anonymousreply 104January 6, 2024 2:36 PM

Don't forget Laim Neeson and Dylan McDermott!

by Anonymousreply 105January 6, 2024 4:14 PM

Not only did Kiefer cheat on Julia during their engagement, he bad mouthed Julia to his stripper-whore-mistress. Who then blabbed about it to the tabloids.

What I love about Julia Roberts is that she never spilled the beans about why she left Kiefer. She’s old-school like that—never complains, never explains. To quote tortured artiste Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 106January 6, 2024 4:18 PM

What did he say about Julia?

by Anonymousreply 107January 6, 2024 4:19 PM

He said she became insecure ice-princess and was too jealous and posessive.

by Anonymousreply 108January 6, 2024 4:49 PM

Yeah, can't imagine why would she be jealous.

by Anonymousreply 109January 6, 2024 5:15 PM

Thanks! I was a kid when all this went down so I'm vague on the details

by Anonymousreply 110January 6, 2024 5:24 PM

This is the best gossip thread we've had in awhile!

by Anonymousreply 111January 6, 2024 6:54 PM

R106 that's not exactly the case. She bitched about the situation a lot in interviews. EW, for example.

[Quote]EW: Do you think that’s why people fixated so much on your wedding plans, and your decision to cancel them? [Quote]JR: It became something that was taking on speed, that everybody was going to have to know about. So it was a much bigger decision than just having to say to somebody, ”Let’s not do this.” So that’s unfortunate. And that also probably delayed my ability to realize what I had to realize — that I can’t give a shit about some lady in Boise who thinks I made the biggest mistake of my life or that I’m a bad person because I’ve done this. This is my life; I get to do it one time. And this is a decision I made for me. I have saved my life by doing this. And that’s all in the end that had to concern me.

EW: It seems Kiefer conveyed the impression that it was your idea to call it off. JR: I had returned from a trip to Arizona intending to tell Kiefer that I thought it would be best for both of us not to get married. But the next time I talked to Kiefer, he called me on the telephone. The only thing I said was, ”Where have you been?” And he proceeded to tell me what I was going to tell him, which is he did not want to marry me, he did not want this to happen. He was very vivacious, for lack of a better word, about it, and seemed quite specific in how he felt.

EW: Where was he? JR: He was in Los Angeles, but he was not to be found. He had disappeared somewhere. I was a little surprised that he had said this before I had had a chance to say it — so I said nothing. But he was far more nasty about it than I was going to be. He hung up the phone, and called back a few hours later and basically said, ”So, is it on or is it off?” At that time I said what I was going to say before.

EW: Were you civil to each other during these conversations? JR: It was civil. I was being very civil. I mean, I wasn’t pissed off that we weren’t going to get married. I wasn’t angry that I had come to these decisions. This is something that I think should be celebrated, that you’ve realized that, oops! It’s not the end of the world that I don’t want to marry you. It’s not like I’m saying, ”You’re dirt, I don’t want to marry you.” I’m just saying that this isn’t right for either one of us.

EW: Then there came a day when you and Kiefer both called your publicists and asked them to release a joint announcement that the wedding was called off. JR: Yeah, and that’s when the avalanche began. It just started slowly, you know, with this one small boulder which came loose, and then others came loose, and they came crashing down the mountain. People love scandal; people love drama. They love stripping away the layers to see what’s really in there, and they’ll do anything — as well as make it up — to get it.

And I feel like Kiefer, for whatever reasons, tried to make it seem like he was the victim of the situation. I quite honestly believe that Kiefer knows that it’s the best thing for himself and for me that it didn’t happen. But he shouldn’t try to make himself look better by taking shots at me. Somehow or another, it turned into Kiefer being left at the altar. Well, I just don’t understand that, quite frankly.

by Anonymousreply 112January 6, 2024 7:28 PM

EW: One thing we hear from your agent, Elaine Goldsmith, is that following the wedding-that-wasn’t, you received an enormous volume of mail. JR: It was sort of an outpouring of kindness, people saying, ”Hang in there.”

EW: Still, it sounds as though you think many people perceived you as the party who was wrong. JR: I think it was a mix, that people were confused. I think a lot of things were thrown into the pot that confused the issue, what with Kiefer and — what do I call her, this girl — EW: — We’re talking about ”the stripper” (a woman Sutherland was reportedly seeing while engaged to Roberts)? JR: Yeah, that’s what she was (laughter). And once that came out, I sort of swallowed my pride a little bit and said, okay, the woman is the last to know. I mean, this had been going on for a really long time. So then I had to say, well, I have made an enormous mistake in agreeing to get married to begin with. Then I made an even greater mistake by letting it all get so big. I’m not going to make the final mistake of actually getting married. At that point I just realized that this had all been turned into an enormous joke, and that it wasn’t going to be respectable, it wasn’t going to be honest, it wasn’t going to be simple. And it could have been all of those things.

by Anonymousreply 113January 6, 2024 7:29 PM

Check this article- Julia Roberts: The Price of Fame. She talks a lot about filming Hook, her hospitalization with "flu", Spielberg, a little bit about Jason Patric etc. Very bitchy interview.

by Anonymousreply 114January 6, 2024 7:33 PM

So Julia turned it into even more of a spectacle by running off to Ireland with Kiefer's best friend.

by Anonymousreply 115January 6, 2024 7:55 PM

He said she was an ice princess in bed and super high maintenance and I think that she had no tits (but that last part could’ve been editorializing on the strippers part, I can’t remember)

by Anonymousreply 116January 6, 2024 8:21 PM

R112 oh okay I didn’t know that lol. So if she told the truth, and talked about how it was because he was cheating on her with a stripper, then why do people keep insisting that she left him at the altar?

I mean, technically she did, but it was for justifiable reasons

by Anonymousreply 117January 6, 2024 8:24 PM

Ice princess- Doesn't swallow and won't do anal

by Anonymousreply 118January 6, 2024 8:25 PM

Just call me Snow Miser.

by Anonymousreply 119January 6, 2024 8:42 PM

I get the idea that Kiefer was verbally and emotionally abusive.

by Anonymousreply 120January 6, 2024 11:03 PM

R105 don't forget Daniel Day Lewis and Dermot Mulroney. Peak hot

by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2024 12:14 AM

Team Kiefer

by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2024 1:04 AM

R120

You get where? Cheating is not abuse.

by Anonymousreply 123January 7, 2024 1:05 AM

He was never going to be comfortable with her level of fame. He reeks of insecurity.

by Anonymousreply 124January 7, 2024 1:11 AM

From this statement - "And he proceeded to tell me what I was going to tell him, which is he did not want to marry me, he did not want this to happen. He was very vivacious, for lack of a better word, about it, and seemed quite specific in how he felt.

EW: Where was he? JR: He was in Los Angeles, but he was not to be found. He had disappeared somewhere. I was a little surprised that he had said this before I had had a chance to say it — so I said nothing. But he was far more nasty about it than I was going to be."

by Anonymousreply 125January 7, 2024 1:12 AM

Kiefer was famous before Julia became a thing.

by Anonymousreply 126January 7, 2024 1:13 AM

He reeks of mothballs.

by Anonymousreply 127January 7, 2024 1:14 AM

R126 Exactly why it was probably uncomfortable for him. Same with her brother.

by Anonymousreply 128January 7, 2024 1:16 AM

Cheating is emotional abuse.

by Anonymousreply 129January 7, 2024 2:02 AM

She also abused him then.

by Anonymousreply 130January 7, 2024 2:35 AM

R125

I don't see signs of abuse. I see PR trained woman who wants to shift the blame (because at the time she also was fucking his friend) and who is still angry at him (she still complains that she had no idea where was he at the time).

by Anonymousreply 131January 7, 2024 2:40 AM

I am sure he was uncomfortable with her fame. Julia herself was uncomfortable with it. She was THE star of 90s. I think every man she dated complained about it. Jason Patric literally accused her of inviting attention to herself for fame. But I doubt it was the reason. Sutherland just didn't love her as much as she loved him and they both were too young.

by Anonymousreply 132January 7, 2024 3:28 AM

I think he was more hurt by Jason's betrayal than losing Julia.

by Anonymousreply 133January 7, 2024 6:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 7, 2024 7:38 AM

Who you think is more accomplished actor - Kiefer or Donald? I always used to think it's Donald, but I checked his imdb the other day, and he starred in so many shitty projects. He started with remarkable movies like MASH and Don't look now and Casanova, but I actually was surprised seeing that I never saw or heard about 90 percent of his projects over the year. My favorite Donald's role is actually psycho criminal in Dirty Dozen.

Kiefer also did a lot of shitty projects, but I think 24 elevated him on the level of fame Donald never experienced. And I think Kiefer is very talented actor.

I personally can't choose which one is better.

by Anonymousreply 135January 7, 2024 7:44 AM

R134 Ha. I like this quote

[Quote]Rosenbaum then turns to Sutherland, bringing up a 2006 Rolling Stone interview where he discussed the end of his romance with Roberts and his friendship with Patric. "I was making a joke about a country song...'I lost my pick up and my dog and my best friend, and I miss my best friend,'" the actor says. "That was a difficult time for me, and I think it was an uncomfortable time for both of them."

by Anonymousreply 136January 7, 2024 7:46 AM

Also... the fuck?

[Quote]Funnily enough, Sutherland maybe could have foretold what was to come with Roberts based on a previous wedding experience he had with Patric. Earlier on in their interview with Rosenbaum, Patric revealed that he tried to help Sutherland escape his first wedding to Camelia Kath in 1987. "Jason was worried that I was not making a very good choice," remembers Sutherland, who was 19 at the time that he and Kath were wed. (The two divorced three years later in 1990, just before he got involved with Roberts.) "He offered up his companionship and said, 'If you start running right now, I’ll run with you.'"

Maybe Jason was in love with Kiefer Sutherland all this time and simply wanted to ruin all of his relationships?

by Anonymousreply 137January 7, 2024 7:48 AM

Julia seems to very easily take men from other women or at least leading them astray.

by Anonymousreply 138January 7, 2024 7:54 AM

Poor helpless men!

by Anonymousreply 139January 7, 2024 9:53 AM

There are women like that. Usually it comes from place of insecurity. It's not taking away responsibility from men who cheated.

by Anonymousreply 140January 7, 2024 11:07 AM

'If you start running right now, I’ll run with you.' So romantic!😍

by Anonymousreply 141January 7, 2024 11:24 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 142January 7, 2024 1:16 PM

Another creepy quote from Patric.

[Quote]Patric picks up the oddly prescient narrative from there. "There was a big wall in the back, and there’s a lot of drunk people and a lot of people on other substances. We were just talking in a wistful way, and I looked at that wall and said, 'Kiefer, you see that wall? We run to that wall, we climb that wall and we just keep running.' We shared a little laugh about that."

by Anonymousreply 143January 7, 2024 5:13 PM

R143, how is that creepy?

by Anonymousreply 144January 7, 2024 5:27 PM

They should have ditched Julia and gone to Ireland together!

by Anonymousreply 145January 7, 2024 6:53 PM

I love his voice for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 146January 7, 2024 7:06 PM

Kiefer sings!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 7, 2024 7:33 PM

What did Jason say about Corey Haim's death? They supposedly had a close relationship during The Lost Boys.

by Anonymousreply 148January 7, 2024 7:59 PM

Didn't Julia also fuck Denzel?

by Anonymousreply 149January 7, 2024 8:14 PM

^very likely

by Anonymousreply 150January 7, 2024 8:15 PM

R149 Likely because from what I hear he is a charming man whore. However he will never ever leave his wife.

by Anonymousreply 151January 7, 2024 8:18 PM

All of Kiefer's marriages have ended in divorce. I didn't know he became a father at such a young age. Only 20!

by Anonymousreply 152January 7, 2024 8:28 PM

Why does Kiefer have a country accent when he sings? Isn't he from L.A.?

by Anonymousreply 153January 7, 2024 8:39 PM

It depends on who taught him. Annie Lennox has hammed up some of her songs with faux motown sound

by Anonymousreply 154January 7, 2024 8:45 PM

Kiefer is a Canadian born in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 155January 7, 2024 8:51 PM

^ That might make it even worse!

by Anonymousreply 156January 7, 2024 9:08 PM

His maternal grandfather was Scottish-born Canadian politician and former Premier of Saskatchewan Tommy Douglas, who is widely credited for bringing universal health care to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 157January 7, 2024 9:17 PM

R144

I find it strange he remembers it so vividly after almost 35 years. It means it was important moment for Patric. And he admits he wanted to ruin Kiefer's first marriage - and he got involved in his second attempt to get marry in worst way possible (cheated with the bride). I mean, it's obviously good they didn't get married, but it doesn't cancel the fact that Jason did betray his friend.

by Anonymousreply 158January 8, 2024 2:36 AM

R158, I think it was an indication that he may have been in love. He behaved inappropriately, sure.

by Anonymousreply 159January 8, 2024 2:38 AM

Jason has never been married.

by Anonymousreply 160January 8, 2024 3:11 AM

Hey, will he be on the Epstein list or was that something just for much older child abusers?

by Anonymousreply 161January 8, 2024 3:15 AM

R76 It would "betray" the internet?

by Anonymousreply 162January 8, 2024 3:23 AM

R159

In love with Julia? Too bad for him, because she obviously didn't give a fuck him and only used him to hurt Kiefer for cheating and not wanting to get married. She treated him like garbage. She dumped him in months.

by Anonymousreply 163January 8, 2024 4:06 AM

I think he means in love with Kiefer.

by Anonymousreply 164January 8, 2024 4:07 AM

R163/R164, yes, I meant in love with Kiefer. I should have made that clear.

by Anonymousreply 165January 8, 2024 4:24 AM

If you google their pics Jason is always handsy with Kiefer.

by Anonymousreply 166January 8, 2024 4:47 AM

by Anonymousreply 167January 8, 2024 8:47 AM

R148

This clip was on TMZ. One of tmz guys asked Jason about Corey, and he said something very sarcastic, like now he has a chance to win Dancing with the Stars. Don't remember the details, tbh, and don't want to rewatch. He really is a miserable bitter person.

by Anonymousreply 168January 8, 2024 12:31 PM

Maybe he just didn't want to discuss Corey's death.

by Anonymousreply 169January 8, 2024 4:51 PM

What other actresses did Kiefer date besides Julia?

by Anonymousreply 170January 8, 2024 9:08 PM

Allegedly he dated Sherilin Fenn and Bo Derek. Not a single picture of them together exists.

by Anonymousreply 171January 9, 2024 2:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 9, 2024 2:42 AM

About Michelle Pfeiffer. Quote from People article "Julia regrets"

[Quote]During his stay at the St. Francis, Sutherland, who did not have a telephone in his room, received calls from both Julia and his friend Michelle Pfeiffer. According to manager Fran Padilla, one of the women left the message “There’s always a rainbow after the storm.”

Imagine dumping your famous girlfriend, living in cheap motel and two most famous actresses in the world are calling you on reception. That's hilarious.

Kiefer and Michelle were in the movie together few years ago. "Where's Kyra". Very depressing movie.

by Anonymousreply 173January 9, 2024 2:51 AM

It's hard to believe River has been dead for 30 years. Keanu will be 60 this year. All the hot men of my youth are getting old.😢

by Anonymousreply 174January 9, 2024 3:20 AM

Does he suffer from problems because he's quite a small guy?

by Anonymousreply 175January 9, 2024 3:39 AM

^Freddie Prinze Jr.

by Anonymousreply 176January 9, 2024 3:41 AM

Was he sitting in the Abbey with his pants down waiting for a hand job? There were probably some DLers nearby who would have obliged.

by Anonymousreply 177January 9, 2024 3:46 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 178January 9, 2024 7:01 AM

Who could have predicted that Keanu, Kiefer, and RDJ would be the A list actors of their generation.

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2024 9:28 AM

R179 They were most talented (well, RDJ and Kiefer), and Keanu is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 180January 9, 2024 11:51 AM

Keifer, you haven't been A list in 30 years

by Anonymousreply 181January 9, 2024 1:25 PM

Kiefer had a strong resurgence with 24 but that seems to have fizzled. He is talented, but his booze-related antics are a problem (although he hasn't made the fool of himself that Johnny Depp has).

RDJ seems set for his post-Marvel phase with some interesting projects and a seeming lock on as Oscar. He's preserved a lot of goodwill and is managing his demons. Looks his age, but still attractive.

Keanu is Keanu. A sweetheart wrapped in an enigma.

Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise. He could probably ditch the MI nonsense and make some interesting films.

Rob Lowe - not much by way of talent, but a professional.

Anthony Michael-Hall - also more talented than people give him credit for but has anger issues.

James Spader - interesting actor who has, alas, lost his looks.

Patrick Dempsey - had a strong rebound then faded now appears to be managing a resurgence. Got better looking with time (and chin surgery).

Ralph Macchio - one note wonder, but a nice guy. The Mark Ruffalo of karate movies.

John Cusack - reported to be major asshole. Talented. Not sure what he's doing. Always preferred his sister.

C. Thomas Howell, Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson, Jason Patric have all pretty much dropped out of sight or behind the camera.

Johnny Depp is a wreck.

Charlie Sheen is an even bigger wreck than Johnny Depp.

Patrick Swayze, River Phoenix and Corey Haim are dead.

by Anonymousreply 182January 9, 2024 2:22 PM

I forgot Nicholas Cage, who works steadily but somehow seems as big a loser as Depp. He can turn in an excellent performance if the material is there and the director stays on top of him.

NARRATOR: the material is not there and the Director is out to lunch.

by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2024 2:31 PM

So the clear winners would seem to be Cruise and RDJ with Keanu bringing up the rear, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2024 2:33 PM

What a bunch of fags!!!

by Anonymousreply 185January 9, 2024 2:34 PM

R181 24 came out in 2002 so ????????

by Anonymousreply 186January 9, 2024 2:38 PM

I think Kiefer is comfortable B-level. Of course he is not RDJ, Keanu and not Cruise (who is in the league of it's own). But I am not sure he wants to be. He still capable of putting out great performances (last Friedkin's film) and he is invited in interesting projects like Who cloned Tyrone. I am sure he has a lot of 24-money.

by Anonymousreply 187January 9, 2024 3:42 PM

I don't know him.

by Anonymousreply 188January 9, 2024 4:05 PM

I think Julia truly hates him. Still.

by Anonymousreply 189January 9, 2024 7:15 PM

There's also Michael J. Fox who's career ended for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 190January 9, 2024 10:15 PM

R183 you also forgot Brad Pitt and Christian Slater.

by Anonymousreply 191January 9, 2024 11:10 PM

I wouldn't count Brad as an 80s star.

by Anonymousreply 192January 9, 2024 11:11 PM

Blind item- "So, this former B list movie actor from a family of actors has not been getting much work lately at all. Part of the problem? Well he is a raging dr*nk who has spent a great deal of time getting thrown out of hotels. This one though tops it all. Our actor was in a country made famous by another movie for a film festival. While there he negotiated a deal to be in a movie. Obviously these producers do not read tabloids. He told the producers he needed $30,000 in cash to make the movie. Once he got the money from them he went on a drinking and partying binge. He came back to the hotel where he was staying and in the middle of the lobby got naked and started fighting with the producers. He then told them he was not making their movie, but he kept the money anyway."

by Anonymousreply 193January 10, 2024 12:00 AM

They gave 30000 cash before he even worked a day?

Seems unlikely

by Anonymousreply 194January 10, 2024 12:10 AM

"We were young and we were both very much in love, we had decided that we wanted to get married, but then this other thing kind of took over. She was arguably the most famous woman in the world, and this wedding that was supposed to be something between the two of us became something so big.

And then, in the middle of that, I think she had the courage – it wasn’t what she wanted to do, in the end.

And I think it took a lot of courage, even amongst all of that other stuff, to be able to say, “I can’t do this.”

by Anonymousreply 195January 10, 2024 12:17 AM

They probably thought they could trust him with $30000 because he doesn't have a reputation for not showing up.

by Anonymousreply 196January 10, 2024 1:33 AM

R193

It can't be about him, because he gets plenty of work. He made two movies and TV show last year, for example.

by Anonymousreply 197January 10, 2024 1:43 AM

The other clues fit.

by Anonymousreply 198January 10, 2024 3:50 AM

Imagine that, alcoholic actor! Actor who is nepo baby! Only one in Hollywood, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 199January 10, 2024 5:24 AM

Charlie Sheen fits much better.

by Anonymousreply 200January 10, 2024 5:42 AM

Nobody would give Charlie $30000.

by Anonymousreply 201January 10, 2024 5:45 AM

He will never be anything more than television again and she has every friend in Hollywood to keep him there.

by Anonymousreply 202January 10, 2024 5:52 AM

"You do not wanna cross Julia".

by Anonymousreply 203January 10, 2024 5:53 AM

Julia is doing shitty sci-fi films on Netflix. Hardly something to brag about.

by Anonymousreply 204January 10, 2024 5:55 AM

Julia is not well liked in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 205January 10, 2024 5:59 AM

R195 not arguably. Almost overnight she WAS the most famous woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 206January 10, 2024 5:59 AM

R205 she actually is. If not at least respected. As has been mentioned in other threads when she enters a room everyone hears about it and watches her.

by Anonymousreply 207January 10, 2024 6:02 AM

That's a quote from Kiefer at R195.

by Anonymousreply 208January 10, 2024 6:08 AM

R201 In Europe? Of course they would. It's not a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 209January 10, 2024 6:16 AM

Was Dermot still married to Catherine Keener when he started banging Julia?

by Anonymousreply 210January 10, 2024 6:17 AM

R210 yes

by Anonymousreply 211January 10, 2024 6:19 AM

Javier Bardem was another married man that Julia hooked up with.

by Anonymousreply 212January 10, 2024 6:24 AM

Likely Dennis Quaid too. And Mel Gibson

by Anonymousreply 213January 10, 2024 6:26 AM

A lot of actors have an understanding in their marriage. They all cheat. Men and women.

by Anonymousreply 214January 10, 2024 6:28 AM

Which is why Julia has no female friends in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 215January 10, 2024 6:30 AM

She seems to be close with Rita Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 216January 10, 2024 6:35 AM

Was Ethan Hawke married?

by Anonymousreply 217January 10, 2024 6:40 AM

No they were before Uma.

by Anonymousreply 218January 10, 2024 6:50 AM

Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty bedded the majority go their co stars. She didn't do anything different. Meryl Streep had many affairs too.

by Anonymousreply 219January 10, 2024 6:52 AM

Back on topic!👏 Here's an old school photo of Kiefer, River, Corey Feldman, and Wil Wheaton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 10, 2024 2:17 PM

Did you know Kiefer also dated Meg Ryan? It's not mentioned, but if you Google it, there are plenty of pictures with them looking like a couple. And it's not for a movie they did together.

by Anonymousreply 221January 10, 2024 3:14 PM

R220, that's a cute photo. Jesus, Wil looks like an 11-year old.

Corey is definitely giving off insufferable vibes. But I heard they all got along well on set.

by Anonymousreply 222January 10, 2024 3:42 PM

Supposedly River was first introduced to drugs while working on Stand By Me.

by Anonymousreply 223January 10, 2024 3:46 PM

I don't think he EVER was a giant star. He never was on the level of Julia, Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves. He is not very good looking, even when he was young he was pretty bland. He has negative charisma and mostly played villains or troubled characters. He is a character actor. I don't get why some posters here act like he lost some major career. Considering his limitations and scandals, he has a great career.

by Anonymousreply 224January 10, 2024 5:41 PM

Maybe not A list but everyone knows his name.

by Anonymousreply 225January 10, 2024 6:33 PM

I always felt there was something sinister about Donald Sutherland although by all accounts he's a nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 226January 10, 2024 6:36 PM

Kiefer had an unconventional beauty. He was never bland.

by Anonymousreply 227January 10, 2024 6:46 PM

When you look like Donald Sutherland there is always going to be something sinister about you whether you're a nice guy or not.

by Anonymousreply 228January 10, 2024 6:46 PM

Wasn't Donald a notorious womanizer?

by Anonymousreply 229January 10, 2024 6:49 PM

Dinner with Kiefer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 10, 2024 7:07 PM

As for Julia, I don't care how many men she fucked. It's not that many, to be honest. I am fascinated how psychotic she is in her personal life. I mean, this story with Low Vera shirt. The pictures when she looks right in the camera with those psychotic unblinking snake eyes. She is fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 231January 10, 2024 7:15 PM

And she stitched this Low Vera crap by herself, with her own hands. That's the creepiest shit ever. Imagine this multimillionaire megastar making this pathetic shirt instead of enjoying the life of wealth and fame.

by Anonymousreply 232January 10, 2024 7:28 PM

Is it Donald Sutherland? Or one the lions from out of the front of the New York Public Library?

I dare anyone to tell the difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 10, 2024 7:34 PM

Kiefer remembers his co-star Adan Canto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 11, 2024 1:42 AM

Young Kiefer getting cuddly with Jason Patric. Kiefer looks high AF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 11, 2024 2:55 AM

As has been mentioned before. You don't become the most famous woman in the world without stepping over a few bodies. Kiefer was a minor one. Miss Thing always had her eye on the prize. You gotta respect that to a certain extent.

by Anonymousreply 236January 11, 2024 4:10 AM

Oh please very few stars have ever been as famous as Julia. Tom Cruise and who else Tom Hanks?

by Anonymousreply 237January 11, 2024 4:45 AM

I never realized until this moment that Jennifer Lawrence reminds me very much of Julia Roberts. They are both cut from a a similar mold, and JL hoped to follow the footprints of JR. Didn’t work out for her.

by Anonymousreply 238January 11, 2024 5:03 AM

We never saw Julia with a face full of jizz.

by Anonymousreply 239January 11, 2024 5:06 AM

Jennifer has a much more raunchy personality than Julia.

by Anonymousreply 240January 11, 2024 6:00 AM

I'm watching Designated Survivor and Kiefer really is a leprechaun.

by Anonymousreply 241January 11, 2024 12:32 PM

He's what they call a functional alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 242January 11, 2024 6:31 PM

I don't remember, but I think 24 was very demanding show. Very intense, and he was the center of it for most of the time. So he is highly functional for sure.

by Anonymousreply 243January 12, 2024 2:36 AM

BTW, I checked information about 24's additional season in England, and apparently Kiefer and Stephen Fry liked each other so much they worked on another project together right after, and remained friends since.

by Anonymousreply 244January 12, 2024 2:50 AM

Is Kiefer also into twinks?

by Anonymousreply 245January 12, 2024 3:20 AM

What's Kiefer's Cuervo story? He's got some balls doing liquor ads after spending two months in jail on a DUI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 12, 2024 10:55 AM

by Anonymousreply 247January 12, 2024 4:22 PM

I thought Julia and Susan Sarandon were friends.

by Anonymousreply 248January 12, 2024 7:50 PM

They are friends. What it got to do with Kiefer?

by Anonymousreply 249January 13, 2024 5:27 AM

Is it the repressed homosexuality that fills Kiefer with rage?

by Anonymousreply 250January 13, 2024 11:11 PM

He can't be homosexual. He is a country singer.

by Anonymousreply 251January 14, 2024 2:17 AM

^ I've heard that before !

by Anonymousreply 252January 14, 2024 3:32 AM

Do we believe this story:

"The Ex Factor? Julia's Secret Call To Former Fiancée Kiefer Sutherland EXPOSED!

More than two decades after Julia Roberts left him at the altar, bitter Kiefer Sutherland has buried the hatchet with his Runaway Bride!

The 49-year-old start of TVs Designated Survivor says Pretty Woman Roberts, 49, showed "courage" dumping him just three days before they were set to take their vows in 1991.

"I think she was being realistic for herself," he says.

"I think that's much better. I think she had the courage — it wasn't what she wanted to do." But Roberts poured salt on the wound by flying to Ireland with heartbroken Kiefer's good pal, actor Jason Patric.

While he and Patric eventually shook hands, Sutherland avoided his Flatliners leading lady for the next 25 years.

Sutherland also spiraled into booze hell, racking up four DUIS and a string of embarrassing, alcohol related public incidents.

"For a long time, Kiefer was angry at Julia," a source told RadarOnline.com. But after battling so many demons he can finally understand why they were doomed as a couple."

After praising her courage, Roberts, who has three kids with her husband of 14 years, Danny Moder, called and they made up.

"I think he was genuinely touched by her call," the source explained to RadarOnline.com.

"Julia said it was finally time to talk. They laughed about how young and stupid they were then."

They also gushed about their families. Sutherland reportedly praised his daughter Sarah, 28, now starting on Julia Louis-Dreyfus's is cable hit Veep, and daughter of his first wife, actress Camelia Kath. Now Sutherland's hoping he and Roberts "can move forward as friends," the source ads.

by Anonymousreply 253January 14, 2024 6:00 AM

And blind item that was before the story

Now that her marriage is falling apart, who does this very famous and pretty actress call for emotional support?

A sibling? Maybe. After years of mocking them and abusing them, there might only be one left to lend a sympathetic ear.

A female friend? There are lots of groups of female friends in Hollywood. However, she doesn’t belong to any of them.

A female colleague? She’s been in dozens of films. Surely there is another actress who would value a friendship with her! Nope. Anyone who has worked with her knows that she desperately needs to be the center of attention all the time. That “me me me” attitude doesn’t leave room for anyone else.

A male friend? There are actually one or two men with whom she has worked that might lend an ear (including this very famous over-50 film actor). However, they are now married, and their wives know all about her predatory ways. That doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in them that our actress is only interested in friendship.

An Ex? Bingo! That’s who she is now calling to to receive emotional support.

This is NOT a good thing! Her Ex – who is also a famous actor – practically unraveled after she toyed with him and then cheated on him years ago. He pined after her for YEARS after they broke up. For her to now swoop back in after all these years and act like he is her greatest confidante is really stunning.

by Anonymousreply 254January 14, 2024 6:02 AM

I call bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 255January 14, 2024 6:02 AM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 256January 14, 2024 6:07 AM

Because it sounds like fan fiction. How would this source know what Kiefer and Julia said to each other if indeed there was a phone call. Which there wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 257January 14, 2024 9:20 AM

I doubt he UNRAVELED after Julia left him. She actually unraveled more, she almost blew her career on Hook, didn't work for two years after, dumped Jason Patric in few months, and married Lyle Lowett pretty much on the same day she was supposed to marry Kiefer.

by Anonymousreply 258January 14, 2024 5:55 PM

According to Julia herself Kiefer didn't want to marry her.

by Anonymousreply 259January 14, 2024 6:18 PM

Kiefer's career was in the toilet before 24.

by Anonymousreply 260January 14, 2024 7:44 PM

Do you think Kiefer and Jason are still fuck buddies in their advanced years?

by Anonymousreply 261January 14, 2024 9:59 PM

R260

It really was. After "Dark City", which was a great movie with great performance from him, his career really stalled. But apparently he stopped acting in Hollywood and became a horse rider. He even won awards in some thing called roping competition (and broke all fingers on his hands).

by Anonymousreply 262January 15, 2024 2:30 AM

Well, that's really interesting! I never pictured him as a country boy.

by Anonymousreply 263January 15, 2024 2:56 AM

He was in a movie with Woody Harrelson where they played cowboys.

by Anonymousreply 264January 15, 2024 8:35 AM

From reddit- "My cousin worked as an extra on the movie Flatliners with Sutherland and Roberts and said all they did was fight with each other on set. Said it was one of the most toxic relationships he's ever seen, celebrity or not.

I didn't originally want to add this, but he also mentioned that Roberts was a massive bitch to everyone and that Sutherland was very reserved, but affable."

by Anonymousreply 265January 15, 2024 8:35 PM

Another reddit post- "His father sat next to my friend on a flight and commented boozily, “My son dates horrible women."

by Anonymousreply 266January 15, 2024 8:40 PM

by Anonymousreply 267January 16, 2024 1:32 AM

Donald Sutherland has four sons. Maybe he wasn't talking about Kiefer?

by Anonymousreply 268January 16, 2024 2:14 AM

"Hope this makes it to the top, but I've gotten drunk with him in DC a few years back. He was there filming The Sentinel, came into a club my friends cousin owned and drank with us all night. He's not a great drunk and is definitely gay or bi, all he would talk about was watching dudes have sex at gay bars, and he touched me inappropriately several times and told me I was beautiful."

by Anonymousreply 269January 16, 2024 2:21 AM

I still would.

by Anonymousreply 270January 16, 2024 11:14 PM

I actually think his daughter Sarah is talented. She played President's daughter on Veep and I remember her as well from one episode of ridiculous Sorkin's show Newsroom, where she was very effective. And I never realized she is Kiefer's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 271January 18, 2024 2:39 AM

I think he has two daughters.

by Anonymousreply 272January 18, 2024 2:49 AM

He has one biological daughter, Sarah. Michelle Kath is his first wife's daughter. Kiefer and Camelia Kath got married when he was 20 years old, and divorced two years later, but he apparently bonded with her daughter from first marriage, and still has a strong relationship with her. He gave her away at her wedding, her children call him grandpa etc.

by Anonymousreply 273January 18, 2024 4:21 AM

Kiefer and Alex Winter on the set of The Lost Boys. Serving 80s bad boy realness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274January 18, 2024 5:57 AM

As observed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275January 18, 2024 6:02 AM

R275

Thread not found.

by Anonymousreply 276January 18, 2024 8:11 AM

by Anonymousreply 277January 18, 2024 8:01 PM

Hey kid, come here! We got something to show you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 18, 2024 11:43 PM

Kiefer talks about the struggles of working in Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279January 19, 2024 5:55 AM

Well, that's reality for every working actor. One job ends, another starts. I wonder of he needs money to work so much. I thought he is loaded.

by Anonymousreply 280January 19, 2024 7:31 AM

He must have made a bundle on "24" but who knows how long he could/will hang on to it. Presumably the children are taken care of and their money is protected from Kiefer's alcoholism. Actually, he may be perfectly harmless most of the time but it only takes once to blow a barely held together life apart.

by Anonymousreply 281January 19, 2024 11:00 AM

He literally owns a whiskey company, Red Banks Whiskey. Booze is his life.

by Anonymousreply 282January 19, 2024 5:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 19, 2024 5:52 PM

He became country singer to win Julia back because she loves her country singers. Remember Lyle Lowett? Love of her life.

by Anonymousreply 284January 19, 2024 6:03 PM

At least I haven't shot anyone...yet.

by Anonymousreply 285January 19, 2024 9:09 PM

Julia is the love of Julia's life.

by Anonymousreply 286January 20, 2024 3:57 AM

I say on the list of Julia Roberts loves of life Kiefer is probably right on the top (but still behind her, of course).

by Anonymousreply 287January 20, 2024 12:20 PM

BTW, Julia's husband looks like thinner, healthier, better looking version of Kiefer.

by Anonymousreply 288January 20, 2024 3:59 PM

But can he tackle a Christmas tree?

by Anonymousreply 289January 20, 2024 5:48 PM

Fun fact- Kiefer was offered My Own Private Idaho but took a ski vacation instead.

by Anonymousreply 290January 20, 2024 7:06 PM

Um, I guess for River's role? Can't imagine him in that role. Can't imagine anybody, really, but people who played the parts. Maybe this vacation was wrong decision for himself and his career, but good for the movie.

BTW, he spoke very lovingly about River, and River about him.

by Anonymousreply 291January 21, 2024 3:13 AM

Kiefer never had River's vulnerability.

by Anonymousreply 292January 21, 2024 3:15 AM

Yeah, he always had this vibe of danger and unpredictability. Even when he played good characters.

by Anonymousreply 293January 21, 2024 3:24 AM

Kiefer and River

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294January 21, 2024 3:29 AM

River is in awe! What a horrible mullet. It's a true evidence of Kiefer's charisma that The Lost Boys didn't became a laughingstock because of this monstrosity on his head.

Seriously, whose idea was that?

by Anonymousreply 295January 21, 2024 3:43 AM

The other Lost Boys also looked ridiculous. THis was was cutting edge in the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 21, 2024 4:04 AM

Let's try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297January 21, 2024 4:06 AM

They must have been real vampires, they're not showing up on DL!

by Anonymousreply 298January 21, 2024 4:22 AM

The Lost Boys was really about hot guys who wanted to suck each other.

by Anonymousreply 299January 21, 2024 4:29 AM

Kiefer and Jason Patric had insane chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 300January 21, 2024 4:39 AM

They should have dumped Julia and fucked each other.

by Anonymousreply 301January 21, 2024 4:41 AM

Maybe they did.

by Anonymousreply 302January 21, 2024 4:57 AM

They actually didn't talk for almost twenty years. So there was bad blood. Jason claims Kiefer called him and started praising his acting choices, said "Jason always does something original". I am not sure about that.

by Anonymousreply 303January 21, 2024 12:59 PM

^Bad break-up

by Anonymousreply 304January 21, 2024 4:19 PM

Kiefer missed that dick!

by Anonymousreply 305January 21, 2024 5:08 PM

Kiefer can be quite charming when he wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 306January 21, 2024 7:42 PM

I wonder what prompted him to get in touch after 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 307January 22, 2024 12:13 AM

I think I remember hearing in interview they did together that it’s actually Jason who called Kiefer because he read interview with him where Kiefer mentioned old joke about losing wife, dog and best friend and missing best friend.

I just imagine Jason following Kiefer's interviews obsessively for years! That's hilarious.

I do wonder why Jason never called him to talk at the time this whole story with Julia was happening? Was afraid? Was ashamed? She dumped him in less than a year and allegedly cheated on him with Daniel Day Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 308January 22, 2024 1:33 AM

Probably trying to avoid an ugly scene. Kiefer has a hair trigger temper and it wouldn't have gone well.

by Anonymousreply 309January 22, 2024 3:34 AM

R309

Ha, what a pussy. Little fight between two God-loving and country-loving heterosexual men would've been great.

by Anonymousreply 310January 22, 2024 5:14 AM

More likely slapping and hair pulling which becomes a lingering kiss.

by Anonymousreply 311January 22, 2024 2:09 PM

Like all sociopaths r306.

by Anonymousreply 312January 22, 2024 2:26 PM

What's sociopathic about him? Maybe he is a mess and he definitely is alcoholic, but sociopath? Really?

by Anonymousreply 313January 22, 2024 2:35 PM

Little Kiefer with his dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314January 22, 2024 4:48 PM

Ugly baby

by Anonymousreply 315January 22, 2024 6:15 PM

I think he's adorable!🥰

by Anonymousreply 316January 22, 2024 6:16 PM

Not ugly. Sad and uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 317January 22, 2024 6:52 PM

Apparently him and his twin sister had rather miserable childhood of being pretty much abandoned by both parents. He said that most importan lesson his parents taught him is to do what you want.

I wonder what kind of relationship he has with his stepbrothers. You know, children Donald actually give a shit about.

by Anonymousreply 318January 22, 2024 7:29 PM

Kiefer attended several high schools, including St. Andrew's College, Martingrove Collegiate Institute, Harbord Collegiate Institute, Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, Malvern Collegiate Institute, and Annex Village Campus. He must have been a handful.

by Anonymousreply 319January 22, 2024 8:45 PM

Fallen angels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320January 22, 2024 10:16 PM

Kiefer with his mom Shirley and his twin sister Rachel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321January 23, 2024 12:21 AM

Rachel looks like Miss Piggy

by Anonymousreply 322January 23, 2024 3:11 AM

Every beautiful Hollywood star has an unattractive sibling.

by Anonymousreply 323January 23, 2024 8:46 AM

Lol, Kiefer is not beautiful and never was. He is charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 324January 23, 2024 9:47 AM

I disagree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325January 23, 2024 9:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326January 23, 2024 10:21 AM

He's said he'll never stop drinking because his kids are grown and he doesn't want to miss out on good times.

by Anonymousreply 327January 23, 2024 7:25 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 328January 23, 2024 11:27 PM

Kiefer looks like a chipmunk stealing food. I like him, always liked him, but he is not a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 329January 24, 2024 2:00 AM

Anyway, you guys remember insane old movie from 90s called Freeway? I fucking loved it. Best Reese Witherspoon's role hands down. Kiefer played main villain (imagine that) and was terrifying and hilarious at the same time. Him and Reese had a nice chemistry acting wise. Not "I want them to fuck" chemistry, but "movie comes alive when they are together on screen" chemistry.

I bet Reese hated him though :) 😀

by Anonymousreply 330January 24, 2024 2:25 AM

Reese "Do you know who I am?" Witherspoon has no room to talk.

by Anonymousreply 331January 24, 2024 2:31 AM

R331

Omg, I forgot about that. Original Karen.

by Anonymousreply 332January 24, 2024 2:45 AM

R330 I sure wouldn’t want to meet your mom, BOB!!

My dad and I used to say this to each other all the time. Reese was hysterical in Freeway.

It’s around 1 minute in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 24, 2024 2:58 AM

Why doesn't RDJ step up and pay for his rehab like he did for Armie Hammer?

by Anonymousreply 334January 24, 2024 3:28 AM

"I like him, always liked him, but he is not a beauty." You'd be on your knees in five seconds.

by Anonymousreply 335January 24, 2024 4:05 AM

R335

Well duh. I never liked pretties.

by Anonymousreply 336January 24, 2024 5:08 AM

Why would he need RDJ to pay for his rehab? He has his own money. And who knows, maybe Bobby helped him emotionally after his scandals in the end of 24 run. Kiefer seemingly got himself under control. Apparently he even quit smoking! (Said so in Rosenbaum interview with Jason Patric).

by Anonymousreply 337January 24, 2024 2:53 PM

Has he ever done nudity?

by Anonymousreply 338January 24, 2024 4:10 PM

R333

She is so shrill, Jesus. That's her best performance by mile - and Kiefer still wipes floor with her.

by Anonymousreply 339January 24, 2024 4:24 PM

He's one of those actors who make psycho villains seem sexy.

by Anonymousreply 340January 24, 2024 9:38 PM

I was raped.

In his thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 341January 24, 2024 9:49 PM

He was absolutely vile villain in old movie Eye for an Eye with Sally Field. His character was horrific creep. I watched this movie decades ago and remember hating him. He was sickening.

by Anonymousreply 342January 25, 2024 2:04 AM

Fun fact - he lost his virginity when he was 13 years old with girl who was 18.

by Anonymousreply 343January 25, 2024 2:05 AM

And became a father at 20.

by Anonymousreply 344January 25, 2024 3:39 AM

I can't imagine having sex with 13 years old. Even at 18. Especially at 18.

by Anonymousreply 345January 25, 2024 3:48 AM

Straight women can be just as nasty as men.

by Anonymousreply 346January 25, 2024 4:00 AM

Kiefer with his dad and brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347January 25, 2024 5:27 AM

Kiefer looks so much like his father it's freaky. Other sons don't.

by Anonymousreply 348January 25, 2024 2:44 PM

Kiefer is the best looking one.

by Anonymousreply 349January 25, 2024 5:16 PM

The one next to Donald is cute.

I like brunets

by Anonymousreply 350January 25, 2024 6:12 PM

It sounds like Kiefer is into random hook ups. I doubt he's ever had a romantic relationship with a man.

by Anonymousreply 351January 25, 2024 7:50 PM

While I was watching Designated Survivor I realized Kiefer also has his father's voice.

by Anonymousreply 352January 25, 2024 10:39 PM

The brunette smells cookies.

by Anonymousreply 353January 26, 2024 1:44 AM

R351

He said he has random hookups, but he is actually don't like it, and I believe it. Even when he was fucking a stripper during his relationship with Julia, he had a real relationship with her, to the point of taking her kids to the Disneyland.

As for men, who knows. Fooling around when young, maybe? I doubt he is seriously into men.

by Anonymousreply 354January 26, 2024 2:04 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 355January 26, 2024 5:07 AM

Absurd to claim he was never beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 26, 2024 7:58 AM

Not beautiful. Good looking, but always had a little menacing look about him.

Fuckable for sure.

by Anonymousreply 357January 26, 2024 12:06 PM

I find it insane that he took his sidepiece to Disneyland in the middle of engagement to most famous woman in the world. While he also famous actor. It was so stupid that looks almost like self-sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 358January 26, 2024 12:17 PM

He clearly had a self destructive streak.

by Anonymousreply 359January 26, 2024 4:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 26, 2024 6:04 PM

When Kiefer found out about a "24" drinking game where you drink every time he says "damn it," he decided to play along and started saying the phrase as many times as he could in an episode.

by Anonymousreply 361January 27, 2024 12:01 AM

He looks like he has FAS in r356.

by Anonymousreply 362January 27, 2024 2:14 AM

This was a no brainer for Julia. Patric was much better looking with bedroom eyes.

by Anonymousreply 363January 27, 2024 4:16 AM

Donald is supposedly well endowed. I wonder if Kiefer inherited that too?

by Anonymousreply 364January 27, 2024 4:50 AM

by Anonymousreply 365January 27, 2024 5:19 PM

Was Julia banging Jason while she was with Kiefer? Or was it revenge for Kiefer cheating with a stripper?

by Anonymousreply 366January 27, 2024 11:34 PM

She was already banging him.

by Anonymousreply 367January 27, 2024 11:37 PM

She truly embodies the spirit of DL.

by Anonymousreply 368January 27, 2024 11:46 PM

Nah, that's not obvious. Of course it was revenge for Kiefer cheating. Julia didn't give a fuck about Jason Patric. He was a fool to get involved in this.

by Anonymousreply 369January 28, 2024 1:34 AM

Jason never struck me as the brightest bulb on the tree.

by Anonymousreply 370January 28, 2024 4:09 AM

We don't get scandals like this anymore. All we have are Tik Tokkers getting into Twitter fights.

by Anonymousreply 371January 28, 2024 1:06 PM

An interview from 2022 where Kiefer discusses his music career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372January 28, 2024 3:12 PM

I kind of like the fact that he completely accepts responsibility for his actions, mistakes and idiotic behavior. Doesn't blame anybody, doesn't complain. I respect it. But God do I hate country music.

by Anonymousreply 373January 28, 2024 3:40 PM

Blondes age like milk and the drinking certainly doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 374January 28, 2024 4:42 PM

Beauty was never his defining quality. It's good that he still has it in him to give good performance. I really liked him in last Friedkin's movie.

by Anonymousreply 375January 28, 2024 4:48 PM

Has anyone been to one of his concerts?

by Anonymousreply 376January 28, 2024 9:03 PM

A few years ago he slipped on the steps of his tour bus and seriously injured himself. I'm betting alcohol was involved.

by Anonymousreply 377January 28, 2024 9:47 PM

"Also a homophobe who complained about faggot hair dressers putting their hands on him."

Which one of you queens tried to fondle Kiefer?

by Anonymousreply 378January 29, 2024 12:00 AM

Do you remember A-list? Long list of gossips about Hollywood celebs? It was around for couple of decades, and it's shocking how many things on the list since then was proven to be true.

What it says about Kiefer

[Quote]Kiefer Sutherland: Bi______. Drunk. "A little distant. Has a temper." "Extremely shy, not 'distant.'" Linked with Jaid Barrymore, Sherilyn Fenn, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Pfeiffer & Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 379January 29, 2024 1:55 AM

He dated Drew Barrymore's mom? Wasn't his first wife also significantly older than him?

by Anonymousreply 380January 29, 2024 6:38 AM

About Drew's horrible cunt of a mother

[Quote]Drew Barrymore was ever embarrassed by her mother in the past, just wait until she reads the book proposal that her mom's agent is shopping around Manhattan. In "Confidential," Jaid Barrymore seems prepared to be anything but. In fact, she has been one very busy woman in the bedroom. The 53-year-old Barrymore discusses her alleged sexual liaisons with Jim Morrison, Jackson Browne, James Taylor and Kiefer Sutherland. She credits Sean Penn with teaching her how to kiss and claims Kevin Costner came on to her on the set of a movie. Barrymore says Warren Beatty tried to talk his way into a threesome with her and Drew, and she writes about the night Jack Nicholson came home from a hard day on the set to find 10 naked women frolicking in his pool.

by Anonymousreply 381January 29, 2024 5:03 PM

This book never happened. I guess people on the list or Drew got involved. Jaid is twenty years older than Kiefer. His first wife was 13 years older than him. I guess he has a rare combination of daddy issues AND mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 382January 29, 2024 5:05 PM

It was mentioned in this thread that he lost his virginity at 13 to an 18 year old.

by Anonymousreply 383January 29, 2024 6:23 PM

People back then didn't understand that it was just as psychologically damaging as a teen girl sleeping with an older man.

by Anonymousreply 384January 29, 2024 7:34 PM

Kiefer attended Adan Canto's funeral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385January 29, 2024 9:30 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 386January 30, 2024 1:19 AM

I remember Adan Canto from truly stupid show with Kevin Bacon. About serial killer. I think The Follower? Adan played gay guy who had feelings for Nico Tortorelli. He was lovely and rather good actor. It's horrible what happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 387January 30, 2024 1:26 AM

It seems like Kiefer has really mellowed in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 388January 30, 2024 12:31 PM

If true, about damn time. He said he quit smoking in podcast interview he did with Jason Patric. I hope drinking followed.

by Anonymousreply 389January 30, 2024 1:36 PM

Age and losing parents can change one's perspectives.

by Anonymousreply 390January 30, 2024 3:17 PM

by Anonymousreply 391January 30, 2024 10:42 PM

His mother died at the start of covid lockdown, and he couldn't travel, so he couldn't say goodbye and he missed her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 392January 31, 2024 1:58 AM

That's really sad 😔

by Anonymousreply 393January 31, 2024 2:02 AM

Did she die of COVID?

by Anonymousreply 394January 31, 2024 2:39 AM

She died of pneumonia.

by Anonymousreply 395January 31, 2024 2:54 AM

Somehow these two wanna turn Julia into the Poison P and want to come out smelling like roses.

by Anonymousreply 396January 31, 2024 3:31 AM

Bros before hoes

by Anonymousreply 397January 31, 2024 3:34 AM

It sounds like Kiefer was sick of Julia anyway. Losing his best friend seemed more painful.

by Anonymousreply 398January 31, 2024 3:37 AM

Neither one was equipped for how famous she was about to become at the time.

by Anonymousreply 399January 31, 2024 3:39 AM

He should have thanked me!

by Anonymousreply 400January 31, 2024 5:33 AM

Does he ever talk to Julia?

by Anonymousreply 401January 31, 2024 9:16 PM

I think Julia wanted a man she could control. Her current hubby is hen pecked and that wasn't going to happen with Kiefer.

by Anonymousreply 402February 1, 2024 12:49 AM

No, they never talked and never saw each other after canceled wedding.

by Anonymousreply 403February 1, 2024 1:08 AM

Her new hubby looks like better looking version of Kiefer. And he is perfect husband for somebody like her. Quiet. Non existent.

by Anonymousreply 404February 1, 2024 5:31 AM

Supposedly she's been stepping out on him with Jack Harlow.

by Anonymousreply 405February 1, 2024 5:35 AM

Kiefer and Jason do a lot of these horror cons together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406February 1, 2024 3:53 PM

I listened to this double interview of Jason Patric and Kiefer Sutherland. Kiefer said his divorce with mother of his daughter Sarah is a huge regret in his life (because of his children). Jason in response to that told Kiefer to tell the story of his wedding - and Kiefer didn't want to, he seemed embarrassed by it. And Jason of course told the story of him asking Kiefer to just runaway together in the middle of his wedding. It seriously was rather awkward moment.

by Anonymousreply 407February 1, 2024 4:10 PM

Maybe because Jason's story makes them sound really gay.

by Anonymousreply 408February 1, 2024 4:12 PM

Makes Jason sound really gay.

by Anonymousreply 409February 1, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote]And Jason of course told the story of him asking Kiefer to just runaway together in the middle of his wedding

A friend from college has served as best man a few times. He considers it his duty to offer to get the groom out of there.

by Anonymousreply 410February 1, 2024 8:41 PM

Does he offer to hold their hand and scale a wall?

by Anonymousreply 411February 1, 2024 11:11 PM

R411 He actually did.

by Anonymousreply 412February 2, 2024 2:25 AM

R406 Kiefer only do it with Jason. My friends from Lost Boys comm have theory that he only does it FOR Jason, because his financial situation doesn't require doing cons. Kiefer is extrovert, and usually good at communicating with fans. While I bet for Jason Patric this is probably the worst thing in the world. I find it rather sweet if true.

by Anonymousreply 413February 2, 2024 2:30 AM

^When I read your first line I thought you were referring to sex! 😳

by Anonymousreply 414February 2, 2024 3:32 AM

I'd kill to see a sex tape of these two in their prime.

by Anonymousreply 415February 2, 2024 5:55 AM

by Anonymousreply 416February 2, 2024 4:27 PM

Chuck in RDJ and James Spader of the same era and I'd never watch anything else.

by Anonymousreply 417February 2, 2024 9:12 PM

Have any of these hotties presented hole?

by Anonymousreply 418February 3, 2024 1:25 AM

From what I heard, Kiefer's next role is in Eastwood's next last movie, and he actually plays AA sponsor of mine character. Which is rather hilarious considering his well known alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 419February 3, 2024 8:25 AM

Main character, of course. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 420February 3, 2024 9:29 AM

So do you think Julie dumped him before wedding or he dumped her?

by Anonymousreply 421February 3, 2024 5:07 PM

According to Julia she called to tell him it was over but he beat her to it. I think Kiefer was already tired of her possessive behavior and jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 422February 3, 2024 5:10 PM

Well, why do we believe Julia? She's a fucking liar.

by Anonymousreply 423February 3, 2024 5:21 PM

We have to take her word because Kiefer has never spoken about it publicly. Kiefer got married and became a father at 20. He got involved with Julia right after his divorce. I think he liked the idea of marriage and family but the reality was very different.

by Anonymousreply 424February 3, 2024 5:26 PM

Kiefer was married after Julia but that didn't work out either.

by Anonymousreply 425February 3, 2024 5:28 PM

24 made Kroger Sutherland A list for life. Dumb cunts.

by Anonymousreply 426February 3, 2024 6:45 PM

Is Kiefer still single?

by Anonymousreply 427February 3, 2024 9:44 PM

What's the story about him attacking a waiter?

by Anonymousreply 428February 3, 2024 9:49 PM

I never heard anything about him hitting a waiter.

by Anonymousreply 429February 4, 2024 1:22 AM

Kiefer is in a relationship with actress Cindy Vela. They are together since 2014.

by Anonymousreply 430February 4, 2024 1:23 AM

R2 said he attacked a waiter.

by Anonymousreply 431February 4, 2024 2:09 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 432February 5, 2024 3:30 AM

According to his IMDb his full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland. Wow.

And he named his daughter, Sarah, after Sarah Jessica Parker. Think RDJ, Kiefer, and SJP hooked up in that apt? Lucky Sarah if so!

by Anonymousreply 433February 5, 2024 4:01 AM

I could see Kiefer fucking SJP or I could see Kiefer fucking RDJ.

I couldn't see him fucking both at once.

She'd keep screaming instructions.

by Anonymousreply 434February 5, 2024 10:22 AM

And just like that I had two dicks in my pussy....

by Anonymousreply 435February 5, 2024 4:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436February 5, 2024 4:49 PM

SJP is too prissy to ever do that.

by Anonymousreply 437February 5, 2024 10:23 PM

Kiefer's LA home is on the market.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438February 6, 2024 6:36 AM

Why do you think it's his house? It's probably his ex-wife's house.

by Anonymousreply 439February 6, 2024 7:23 AM

Because he's the one who's selling it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440February 6, 2024 7:25 AM

As for the gossip, Patric said : “The press, and being invited to the wedding, and taking off with the bride — that’s all bulls—t.”

Sutherland: “All bulls–t.” They wouldn’t discuss the specifics, except to suggest it was a case of “bad timing.” “You fall in love, you fall in love,” Kiefer says. “There’s nothing you can do about that. She’s an extraordinary person, and he is too, and, you know, timing is what it is, and everyone moves on from that.”

Sutherland has also said that it wasn’t Roberts he grieved as much as Patric; of that time, he said his life was like a country song: “I lost my pick-up and my dog and my best friend, and I miss my best friend.” “When I saw him again,” Patric says of his reunion with Sutherland, “ it was more of a laugh and a toast. They both [Kiefer and Julia] have been subsequently married since, a couple times . . . and what lasted after all that is me and Kiefer, 35-year buddies.”

At which Sutherland jokes, “Never got the truck back.”

by Anonymousreply 441February 6, 2024 9:15 AM

Keifer and Jason together in the late 80’s- early 90’s would’ve been so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 442February 6, 2024 1:47 PM

They'd still be hot today as mature daddies.

by Anonymousreply 443February 6, 2024 7:11 PM

Kiefer was at his hottest as mature daddy. 24 is his best look. He became lean and mean. Now he aged, of course.

Jason lost his looks rather quickly. But then again, I personally never find him to be very attractive to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 444February 7, 2024 2:51 AM

R441 is Julia the pickup or the dog?

by Anonymousreply 445February 7, 2024 6:04 AM

Well, he misses the pick up but not his dog...

by Anonymousreply 446February 7, 2024 6:14 AM

Julia is the 🐶

by Anonymousreply 447February 7, 2024 11:10 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 448February 8, 2024 6:39 PM

Then and now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449February 9, 2024 4:20 AM

Looking more like his dad as he ages.

by Anonymousreply 450February 9, 2024 9:04 PM

It's funny, but it seems like Kiefer ended up as the sane one from Stand by me cast.

Though practically he is much worse (at least used to be) than Will Wheaton who is only guilty of talking stupid shit on social media. Kiefer cheated on America's sweetheart, had multiple DUI, was in jail etc. But he is still more beloved than he actually had any right to be. Is it because time was different? Nepotism? Goodwill in the industry?

by Anonymousreply 451February 10, 2024 2:58 AM

He's Jack Bauer. Straight guys love him.

by Anonymousreply 452February 10, 2024 3:03 AM

I honestly loved 24. It was a solid show, especially for network TV. And Kiefer carried it on his shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 453February 10, 2024 3:56 PM

Didn't he and Woody Harrelson both show their asses in The Cowboy Way?

by Anonymousreply 454February 10, 2024 5:09 PM

So Freddie Prinze Jr. thinks Vince McMahon is a nicer guy than Kiefer. That aged like milk.

by Anonymousreply 455February 10, 2024 9:59 PM

Well, he is taller, duh. That's what matters for Freddie Prinze jr.

by Anonymousreply 456February 11, 2024 1:39 AM

I haven't heard any reports of Kiefer shitting on someone's head.

by Anonymousreply 457February 11, 2024 3:36 AM

Um what? Shitting on someone's head? What does it mean?

by Anonymousreply 458February 11, 2024 4:36 AM

Vince McMahon has been accused of shitting on a woman's head during a threesome.

by Anonymousreply 459February 11, 2024 4:44 AM

Well. That's enough internet for me today.

by Anonymousreply 460February 11, 2024 5:09 AM

Well, first of all, God damn you people who mentioned Vince McMahon in this thread, because I Googled a little bit an wow! Wow! Shitting on woman's head during threesome is not even in the top 10 worst things this guy did. And he is cool in Freddie's eyes?

The strange thing is that Freddie has a podcast about WWE and often talks about numerous shitty things Vince did when they worked together. Racist, sexist, rageful, violent shit. For example he didn't allow Asian wrestlers to perform. Had violent breakdowns because he heard words he didn't like.

But his only example of Kiefer's bad behavior is a box? Which is a thing that Kiefer can't control.

by Anonymousreply 461February 11, 2024 10:25 AM

On a more pleasant note- does anyone remember old movie Renegades with Kiefer and Lou Diamond Philips? They played cop and native american chief. Together, they fight crime. I watched it as a kid, and always thought it was extremely homoerotic. But I thought it was just my thing. Imagine my surprise- apparently this movie was directed by the same guy who directed Freddie's Revenge, and many reviews of Renegades mentioned homoerotic tension and very interesting ending.

by Anonymousreply 462February 11, 2024 5:44 PM

It's available on Prime!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463February 11, 2024 8:33 PM

That's Kiefer in the end of the movie. He came to visit his new friend in reservation and told him he is staying in the motel nearby. It definitely read like invitation for hook up.

by Anonymousreply 464February 12, 2024 1:42 AM

Kiefer stars in a lot of homoerotic films.

by Anonymousreply 465February 12, 2024 4:55 PM

Kiefer and RDJ's apartment was covered in a homoerotic film.

by Anonymousreply 466February 12, 2024 5:00 PM

No nude pics in this thread? You bitches are sleeping on the job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 12, 2024 5:57 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 468February 12, 2024 7:20 PM

I love a man who cooks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469February 12, 2024 10:32 PM

by Anonymousreply 470February 13, 2024 8:35 AM

If he'd taken the part in My Own Private Idaho it might have been Kiefer who overdosed. Strange how life works out.

by Anonymousreply 471February 14, 2024 3:19 AM

r459 That's so disgusting. Any civilized person would do it on the bed.

by Anonymousreply 472February 14, 2024 9:44 PM

He's got a thiccker ass than I expected!🍑

by Anonymousreply 473February 14, 2024 9:58 PM

It looked pretty flat on Designated Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 474February 15, 2024 1:49 AM

I had a little dive in in horrible world of wrestling, for reasons not related to Kiefer, but got some tidbits here and there. Apparently Freddie Prinze jr has a reputation of a liar in this world. He is known for embellishing or lying about some well known stories in the world of wrestling.

Apparently he wants to create his own wrestling league, that's why he has a podcast about it. He thinks it's going to help him launch this project. But it doesn't seem like he is very respected in those circles.

by Anonymousreply 475February 15, 2024 2:15 AM

Freddie is a loser and Kiefer probably had him fired.

by Anonymousreply 476February 15, 2024 2:51 AM

Lost Boys panel with Kiefer and Jason. Whoever did Kiefer's drawing behind them should be shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 15, 2024 5:21 PM

I wonder what Jason said that convinced Kiefer to give him another chance?

by Anonymousreply 478February 16, 2024 3:55 AM

Funny that he got in touch after 24 revived Kiefer's career.

by Anonymousreply 479February 16, 2024 6:58 PM

by Anonymousreply 480February 17, 2024 5:11 PM

He would scream at and belittle the PAs who brought him his meals on the set of Designated Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 481February 18, 2024 3:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 482February 19, 2024 3:46 PM

The most surprising thing in this thread are the stories of Kiefer hitting on guys.

by Anonymousreply 483February 21, 2024 7:01 PM

Is he bipolar or just a mean drunk?

by Anonymousreply 484February 23, 2024 1:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485February 23, 2024 2:14 PM

Did RDJ thank Kiefer in his SAG speech?

by Anonymousreply 486February 25, 2024 2:24 AM

Who thought a Kiefer Sutherland thread could almost reach 500? Only on DL.

by Anonymousreply 487February 26, 2024 6:52 PM

Better this than another Golden Girls thread.

by Anonymousreply 488February 26, 2024 7:00 PM

I really doubt he stopped drinking. He was a hard core alkie for 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 489February 26, 2024 7:05 PM

He quit smoking few years ago. And he was smoking since childhood and never attempted to quit smoking before. He talked about it on joined interview with Jason Patric, and mentioned it was health related. He had some serious health issues several years ago. Things like that can be life changing.

by Anonymousreply 490February 27, 2024 3:21 AM

I'm glad he's still around.

by Anonymousreply 491February 27, 2024 1:31 PM

Thanks for the rec r462 I’m going to check that out. I would’ve definitely been into a Kiefer/ Lou Diamond Phillips hookup, especially if Kiefer had the mustache in the trailer at r463. He looks good!

by Anonymousreply 492February 27, 2024 2:14 PM

He looks good but the mustache makes him look extremely gay.

by Anonymousreply 493February 28, 2024 12:38 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 494February 29, 2024 3:39 AM

Rumored to be well hung like his Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 495March 4, 2024 4:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496March 4, 2024 10:09 PM

Did Kiefer congratulate his old friend RDJ?

by Anonymousreply 497March 11, 2024 4:16 AM

He should have presented the Oscar to Robert.

by Anonymousreply 498March 11, 2024 7:58 PM

r493, of all the things to complain about...

by Anonymousreply 499March 12, 2024 1:29 AM

by Anonymousreply 500March 18, 2024 6:16 PM

He seems like the kind of babysitter who would let you take a sip of his beer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501March 24, 2024 6:11 AM

Donald has a memoir coming out in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502March 29, 2024 6:53 PM

This thread is a DL classic!

by Anonymousreply 503April 5, 2024 5:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504April 19, 2024 3:26 PM

r352, if he was smart, he would segue into voice overs for commercials, like his father does.

by Anonymousreply 505April 19, 2024 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!