Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ike Eisenmann

Kid actor from the 1970s — star of "Witch Mountain" and lots of other movie and TV stuff. He was pretty ubiquitous for a few years. He mostly does voice work now.

He's got a podcast and occasionally interviews his fellow child stars of yesterday. I've been enjoying his interview with Radames Pera, the handsome co-star of "Kung Fu" and "Little House."

Apparently they were up for many of the same roles back in the day. Both tested with Robert Redford for "Ordinary People" as well. I haven't gotten to the "Little House" section yet but I'm looking forward to tales of his onscreen love (who didn't like him), the original Little Cunt on the Prairie, Melissa Sue Anderson.

Anyway, Ike is engaging and down-to-earth. I've already downloaded his interviews with Barry Livingston of "My Three Sons" and Erin Murphy of "Bewitched."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2022 2:45 AM

He was quite cute back in the day

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 12:33 AM

Is there a podcast with Kim Richards? That’s the one I would love to hear, especially talking smack about Eddie Albert. He looks the type to hide bottles all over the set.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 12:44 AM

He was adorable

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 12:47 AM

Didn't we just have a thread on him a week or two ago?"

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]Is there a podcast with Kim Richards? That’s the one I would love to hear, especially talking smack about Eddie Albert. He looks the type to hide bottles all over the set.

He doesn't seem the type to do that — he seems too kind.

He also worked with Kim in the camptastic TV movie "Devil Dog: The Hound From Hell" (which is how I found the podcast). Yvette Mimieux plays the kids' mom and it's implied she screws the dog!

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 1:17 AM

Ike Eisenmann January 14 ·

Working alongside the great Bette Davis, doing my best to stay in character and not to crack up. She was one of the funniest actors I have ever worked with. Return From Witch Mountain, 1978.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 1:27 AM

He has also interviewed Meeno Peluce and Brad Savage.

The great thing is I found out I had been mispronouncing Radames name for 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 1:38 AM

I forgot to add that Ike has also interviewed Moosie.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 1:40 AM

Ike should interview Lance Kerwin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 2:18 AM

[quote] Didn't we just have a thread on him a week or two ago?"

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 4:46 AM

Is it the same poster making multiple threads about this guy?

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 4:49 AM

I saw him naked in the steam room at the gym about 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 4:50 AM

OP here. Not the same poster.

I'm almost done with the podcast. Some highlights:

- When Radames was on "Kung Fu" he went to public school on non-shooting days. His shaved head was unusual in those days and made him the target of bullying. Other bullies went after him so they could say they "beat up Kung Fu." His mother refused to pick him up from school so he had to ride a public bus and would ditch school early as not to get beat up after school.

- At 18, he wanted his trust fund, but his mother said he couldn't access it until he was 21. When he turned 21, she admitted she'd spent the whole thing and had never filled out the required Coogan paperwork. He had worked most of his life and he was broke. For money, he installed stereo systems around town and eventually built a business.

- Little Cunt on the Prairie! Melissa Sue Anderson did not like Radames, especially because he was supposed to be her boyfriend. The only time she would come near him was when they would have to do a scene together. As soon as the director yelled "Cut" she was gone.

- More Little Cunt on the Prairie! When Ike guest starred on "Little House" he met the other kids on the show in the makeup room. They were all friendly and welcoming until he got to Melissa Sue, who was staring at herself in the mirror as someone brushed her hair. Her opening line was "Weren't you in Witch Mountain?" When Ike said yes, Melissa Sue informed him, "I was supposed to do that with Willie Aames, but we had SCHEDULING CONFLICTS." Then she went back to staring into the mirror. Melissa Gilbert broke the tension by saying, "Yep, that's Missy!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 10:15 PM

Oh, I forgot. Apparently David Carradine was an asshole to Radames.

At a party, he brought a tray of brownies and insisted Radames eat one. Later Radames snuck in the kitchen and ate another one. He started to feel sick and then he was tripping balls. On the way out of the party Carradine told him what they were. Apparently he thought that was a funny thing to do to a kid.

On the "Kung Fu" set, when they had visitors, Carradine would whip out his dick and pee in front of them.

The show was high in the ratings but got canceled after Carradine, high on LSD, broke into a neighbor's house to play the piano, getting blood everywhere. The cops arrested him, it made the papers, and ratings plummeted. Carradine wanted off the show anyway. Radames said, "It didn't matter to him that it was giving jobs to dozens of people."

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 10:24 PM

Always had a huge crush on him. Impishly cute, very watchable.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2022 2:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!