Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Soccer World Cup: Warm-up

The soccer world cup in Qatar starts in a month. Let's discuss. Who is gay, bi, non-binary? Who will come out - for being gay or for human rights? Will there be tears?

Do you think it's Ok to have the world cup in Qatar? Personally, I don't think it should happen in a desert country, simply for logistic reasons. And then of course, Qatar is not quite a role model for human rights and shouldn't be allowed to show boat. (And, no Olympic Games in China should not have happened either.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2022 2:58 PM

Yeah, something tells me someone will come out during the event for publicity reasons. Don't expect them to be too famous though. By the way, can someone start a "Who will come out in 2022 - part 5" thread? Part 4 has gotten so many replies it's paywalled now

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2022 9:30 PM

England star to come out Gay former England footballer planning to come out blasts Qatar for being World Cup host

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 30, 2022 3:40 AM

[bold]BOYCOTT QATAR MUNDIAL 2022!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 3October 30, 2022 4:27 AM

Americans calling for a boycott because of bad treatment of gay people is laughable. Have you seen what the US is becoming? And it isn't going to stop soon.

by Anonymousreply 4October 30, 2022 5:13 AM

neymar gonna be dedicating his world cup goal to his flop of an ex president if said man hasn’t died of non-existent covid before then

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2022 2:49 AM

LFC's season is going so poorly that for once my bitchy son TAA actually wants to go on international break :(

it's ok my moody miserable baby child. those nasty City boys will get what's coming to em!!!! until then we move

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2022 1:10 AM

Most of the footballers going are sanguine about the documented human rights’ issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2022 12:11 PM

[quote] Have you seen what the US is becoming? And it isn't going to stop soon.

US: Legal protection, unlimited freedom/choice to pursue gay lifestyle.

Qatar: No choice/freedom and certainly no protection. Homosexuality is a death sentence.

In R4's peculiar worldview, there is a basis for comparison.

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2022 12:20 PM

R8 Dataloungers blowing things out of proportion as usual. A lot of people don’t see how good the US has it compared to other countries.

by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2022 12:26 PM

Buy nothing from any of the sponsors, don’t watch, don’t share any content, it’s a blackout break until the club leagues come back in December. As long as my favourite players get little playing time with their national teams and return healthy. Fuck FIFA, fuck Qatar, and fuck football for the next 6 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2022 12:41 PM

R10 as if half the top teams in the world aren’t bankrolled by the same 0ligarchs and 0il barons that bought off FIFA...

Topflight football is as bad or worse. If you truly want a clean conscience, you have to support only local/non-league or mid tier mens’ football, or the womens’ game.

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2022 12:45 PM

The 2010 and 2014 tournaments in South Africa and Brazil were very controversial at the time due to charges of corruption and bribery (Hi Lula!), plus there was the issue of pumping money into infrastructure which would never be used again in countries where that money is needed elsewhere. In Qatar these objections are multiplied to infinity. Brazil spent $15 billion on infrastructure; Qatar will spend about $220 billion, which doesn't include the money spent bribing FIFA officials. Thousands of underpaid migrant workers have died on the project. Major tournaments almost always involve ethical breaches but there are very real reasons to object to sports organisations awarding these huge publicity platforms to countries which treat their own populations as fodder.

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2022 12:56 PM

Remembering Russ!a 2018, and how at the Nth hour everyone suddenly stopped giving a fuck about the known abuses and corruption that had been in the news constantly, because oh look, we're doing well, here, might actually get out the group stages...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2022 2:10 PM

The England WAGS are commandeering their own party yacht so they can get likkered up legally. Love that for them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2022 2:55 PM

^^ooft but the England players are banned from partying with or fucking their WAGs while the tournament is in progress...

Looks like it's going to have to be gay orgies in the communal dressing-room showers for the lions, then. Oh, well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Papa Kloppo is slamming the World Cup he's slamming it!!!!!!!!!! Go off Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2022 2:24 PM

So it looks like Youtube pundit James Allcott has earned himself a ticket to the tournament on $ky Sports payroll.

Good for him. Hope he gets some footballer cock. Should be me though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2022 4:18 PM

No doubt that Grealish is already getting warmed up with only ten days to go. That arse has to be open, primed and ready to take loads and be fucked raw by the world’s greatest athletes and their 0ligarch overlords, for a month straight.

Even a whore of Jack’s experience and enthusiasm and magnitude might find this challenging..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2022 11:11 AM

Wondering why of all the Chelsea boys it's Ben Chilwell's fate to suffer alone? All those twinks are filthy Tories, surely the injury woes should be shared.

Now poor Chilly's popped his hammy and can't play in the World Cup like he's been working so hard to. Talk about horrible, miserable, no-good timing. He already had to miss out on playing a game in the Euros last year thanks to C0vid isolation policies. Seems unfair and cruel from the Universe to snatch another chance from him. He's just not destined to play tournament football, I suppose. Shame because England need a good leftback, and Ben has battled major depression and downturn in form as well as physical illness just to be fit and ready for a callup.

At least Mason Mount seems gutted for Chilly. Actually, he looks more heartbroken and disappointed than even Ben (probably on behalf of Declan Rice).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2022 1:22 PM

Southgate just the once saying “I pick players based only on Form” really has fucked his entire life

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2022 12:35 PM

england absolutely cannot lose to the usa we absolutely cannot lose to pulisic nation i won't have it!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2022 7:11 PM

Some Western teams say they're planning anti-homophobia acts of protest. What does that mean? What are they gonna do? Kiss on the pitch? Hope so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2022 2:46 PM

Sexy DILF Jordan Henderson will be on the plane and may even start a game or two (if England get beyond Ro16) and that is honestly all I care about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2022 12:55 AM

Should I suspend my Peacock subscription (they're carrying World Cup only in Spanish!?) until PL resumes?

Stateside here, WC is broadcast on Fox Sports, so I can watch there.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2022 6:00 PM

Gay British comedian Joe Lycett is having a go at embarrassing David Beckham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2022 9:59 PM

I saw something on Twitter about rumours that two Premier League footballers are in a relationship. Any info, DL?

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2022 10:18 PM

Am available to carry the WAGs bags and act as their personal footstool. Just saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2022 2:33 AM

R26 retired footballer and current pundit Rio Ferdinand is decrying speculation over names of the gay players, calling it a ‘witchhunt’.

Touch a nerve, Rio? Got something to share?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2022 1:14 PM

{quote] LYCETT: [David] married a Spice Girl, which is the gayest thing a human being can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2022 5:04 PM

screaming hysterically the photogs have done the England team so dirty with the team photo this year

we look about as sauceless as our chances lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2022 9:10 PM

ya reluctant Wenglish gyal is STRUGGLING here yenno. all this content and i don't know where to look!!!

our Lions are so fit and loveable and perfect good boys but also such losers???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2022 1:41 AM

^how other people who support their national team on here are like ‘my baby wabies! look how handsome they are! look at their little outfits! i love them so much!!’ and england supporting tumblr users are like ‘oh here come the dickhead brigade in their dickhead uniforms. i have never hated a group of men more. i hope they all roll over and die. i might be persuaded to have one (1) nice thought about them if they do something gay but i wouldn’t bet on it tbh’

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2022 12:53 PM

Ok so for fun who does everyone want to LOSE in the WC? like who do you *want* to get eliminated in the group stages rather than just predict?

For me it's Portugal all day just so that ratfaced bastard R*n*ld* truly loses the last of his credibility and retires into shameful obscurity forever and his team can be free of his egotism. Then it's Italy but mostly only for obvious English vendetta reasons bc i'm petty like that (Euro 20 never forget >:/). Q'tar need to go out early bc of the bribes and the disregard for rights and all that (sorry if that's not good hospitality idc tho!!) plus it would just be a meme if they dropped out in game 2 lol

After that idc who progresses and who doesn't really (ok lies i want a Cymru final) BUT sort of hope the US randomly fumble their way to quarters/semis or sth bc it would saur funny and surprising and a turnup for the books for such a (presently and historically) shit team to go the distance like back in the 2000s when Greece won the Euros out of nowhere. the Netherlands also look good and on paper should do bits to get to a semi however theyve always had a stick up their arse as a team plus they hate Brit teams so they can rot for all i care!!

by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2022 4:57 PM

Well Italy aren't in this world cup...

by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2022 5:08 PM

And a pity too because Italy always has that dirty sex vibe about them. They may not always be the best looking but they are delicious.

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2022 5:10 PM

I grew an anglophile and even rooted for England in 1990 world cup. That wc had the best football song, world in motion by New order.

Nowadays though I love seeing England crash out early because it's just so funny to see them go nuts and angsty. And if they make it to the knockout rounds, watching them lose on penalties is the biz.

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote] love seeing England crash out early because it's just so funny to see them go nuts and angsty. And if they make it to the knockout rounds, watching them lose on penalties is the biz

no its NOT the suffering is the best part!!!!!!!

we Brits are at our best melancholy and tenderly homoerotically heartbroken

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2022 6:29 PM

r25 Lycett is not gay. He whole schtick is acting like a camp queen and reminding everyone how much he likes pussy. He seems like the bi guy into non-passing ftms.........

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2022 10:20 PM

^Lycett is also annoying because he weaponizes BBC4-style classism to make his jokes, and punches down at anyone he considers trashy or poor. Which would be fine and one thing if he were an anon bitch posting for free here on DL, but he gets paid well and given big stages to do so.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2022 10:34 PM

England arrived in Doha and settling in as we type...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2022 11:29 PM

I just looked up the list of countries not at the world cup: Italy, Nigeria, Columbia, Chile. I don't know, all three kinda belong to international soccer. I'll miss them.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2022 12:05 AM

Messi reckons Brazil, France & England have the best shot at winning. Or at least, have the best teams. Hard to argue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2022 12:51 AM

am sure McKennie is a lovely man but. he looks like he plays the wrong sport. a different sport. like he was trying to find his way to basketball training and got lost. his vibe is wrong for a footballer ygm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2022 1:02 AM

^^ Brazil has to be the favourite, France could be dangerous but they've lost Kante, Pogba and now Nkunku. He's right to temper expectations for Argentina, they have great chemistry but they'd need everything to fall into place as it did for Italy in Euro 2020 to have a chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2022 1:29 AM

R44 it’s weird to see such a starved and demoralised and bang-average French team this year. I’m used to them being so dominant and scary at international level. They still look good enough to compete, but not the Titans they were.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2022 12:59 PM

Senegal are the dark horse, I think. Definitely the strongest African team by a longshot.

They have Mane, after all, who though technically a bit injured rn is still tough to face on any given day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2022 11:28 AM

I'm hoping for Cymru to take it all!

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2022 11:56 AM

R46, dark horse? Really? Be prepared to be canceled!

by Anonymousreply 48November 17, 2022 3:09 PM

R47 come and sit by here next to me my lovely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 17, 2022 5:16 PM

Dark horse no more, Senegal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 17, 2022 7:10 PM

R47 Dan James is so ciwt a rhÿwiol I can't take it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2022 4:21 PM

"No Budweiser for you!"

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2022 4:43 PM

Soccer World Cup without beer in the stadium. That sounds as great a vegan steak house.

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2022 7:23 PM

The stadium beer is budweiser. Not much of a loss though it is yet another backtrack by the Qataris. Bet they will crack down on the press.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2022 11:05 PM

England's #7 and resident brainless cockslut Jack Grealish, on the glittering cultural wonders and hospitality he's seen so far in Qtar:

[quote] We all got given flowers. I haven't put them in a vase yet.

[quote] There was a camel, and that, as well; I got on the camel's back. There was a bird, I don't know what bird it was. The camel fully stood up. I was so high. I was scared. I got on it but I didn't think it would go as high as it did because I didn't realise how big it would be, and when it stood up it was so big.

[quote] I think our families filled out some questionnaires like what aftershave, and asking them to send photos and stuff like that, so we got to our rooms last night and there was all that little stuff there. There’s all photo frames around our rooms of our families, it just makes it a little bit more homely. Stuff like that is so nice, stuff that’s so little but means a lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2022 11:15 PM

R44 no joke I am hearing people predict England/Brazil in the final, unironically. Some of those people being high-profile fans & pundits.

I mean--a girl can dream, but come on now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2022 1:28 AM

Rhywbeth i chi, R49/51 😃

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2022 11:49 AM

Any fan who was foolish enough to travel to Qatar is in for a shitty time *at best* hopefully no one gets killed from being gay, being a woman or drinking.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2022 12:02 PM

R51:

"Name something that's hot"

Dan James: "Me!"

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2022 12:03 PM

Gianni Infantino is quite the peach, isn't he? He really has a grasp on the issues people have with Qatar. The FIFA president, said he "understands discrimination." "As a child, I was bullied – because I had red hair and freckles, plus I was Italian, so imagine," he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2022 1:58 PM

you’re laughing. gianni infantino came out with his whole pussy as a qatari arab african gay disabled migrant worker. and ur laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2022 2:39 PM

Sounds like the head of FIFA helped or inspired Madonna write and record this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2022 2:47 PM

R61, after he sad that absurd shit, a correspondent in the audience couldn't help it and asked if perhaps he also felt woman. He confirmed, yes, he also feels woman. Sometimes the jokes write themselves.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2022 2:50 PM

Head of Fifa, folks. And people wonder how Qatar got world cup. Fifa is dumb, out of touch and corrupt as hell.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2022 2:54 PM

[quote] Fifa is dumb, out of touch and corrupt as hell.

Take that back! Fifa is not dumb.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2022 2:57 PM

r63 He feels "qatari arab african gay disabled migrant worker" and "woman"? So he feels BIPOC lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2022 3:01 PM

Sorry, "disabled" "migrant worker" BIPOC lesbian. He would also feel illegal.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2022 3:04 PM

Cymry sws sws sws

we're doing bits everyone says so! can't wait for monday's match vs U.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2022 1:40 AM

New interview with Hendo dropped *dreamy sigh* The way I'll do anything for this man.

Why isn't he Skipper? I keep moaning and going on about this, but it really is scandalous. He speaks like the Captain, walks like the Captain, acts like the Captain, and yet..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2022 2:17 AM

R60 Agreed. His remarks as to traveller's dismay "you'll survive for three hours without beer" was stupid, and rather annoying, but paled by comparison to his remarks on Europeans should apologise for the last three thousand years, before they begin any moralising. Fuck the infant right in the arse.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2022 3:56 AM

WHO CARES. BOYCOTT.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2022 5:10 AM

Why boycott? The last one was held in Russia, Olympics were held in China, progressives would have us believe the US is the fount of all evil. Boycott everything, I guess.

I'll be watching the football and now know a lot more about Qatar than I did before.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2022 6:40 AM

R72 exactly. Following equally dubious tournaments in South Africa, Russ!a, Brazil etc., and probably with one to come in the U.S., there's no point throwing toys out the pram now. Until stringent financial audits and some kind of Untouchables-style investigation of FIFA, the situation won't change, and punters can't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2022 12:15 PM

[quote] Why boycott?

Here's one reason why R72. Because homsexuality is a death sentence in Qatar. And this is a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2022 12:34 PM

^^^^homOsexuality

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2022 12:35 PM

Wouldn't wanna equate the world cups in South Africa and Brazil with locations China, Russia or Qatar. SA and Brazil are stable democracies, Qatar quite far from it. Or were you just talking about the way the countries were selected, r73?

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2022 12:51 PM

Opening Ceremony in 45 minutes. I will be watching even though giving the games to Qatar was absolutely wrong. But my watching or not watching will change nothing. Fifa and big sponsors need to act and change.

by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2022 12:55 PM

[quote] HARRY KANE: "It's time to believe...I believe....Brazil, or Argentina, or Germany will win the World Cup."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2022 12:57 PM

"SOCCER PLAYERS IN LOVE!"

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2022 1:00 PM

^ Piqué has just retired. Zlatan surely won't be playing for much longer. We're all getting old.

On the positive side, I've never seen a World Cup with so little hype or enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2022 1:20 PM

Opening ceremonies sell-out/participants (so far):

Jake Gyllenhaal

Morgan Freeman

The star vocalist is wearing the required garment - a colorful burka is a burka nonetheless. The MAGAGAs must be creaming their panties.

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2022 1:53 PM

Am not watching the opening rn, cba with the bougie theatrics tbh.

Someone tell me if my babygirl Jack appears, I need to make sure he's ok. Or any of my England & Wales boys.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2022 1:55 PM

OC tells Qatar has no own culture to show.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2022 2:02 PM

All this in the aftermath of last night's mass murder in Colorado.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2022 2:03 PM

Can someone explain the opening ceremony to me pls? Whats up with the legless guy and Morgan Freeman?

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2022 2:07 PM

R69, Hando isn't captain for the straightforward reason that he isn't a guaranteed starter.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2022 2:08 PM

Freeman, at least a million for that appearance, right?

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2022 2:15 PM

R86 i *know* that i just don't agree with it

it's fine Gareth Southgate just wants me to kms i guess

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote] Whats up with the legless guy and Morgan Freeman?

It's Giovanni Infantino feeling disabled and black.

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2022 2:34 PM

Using a Ricky Martin song for opening ceremonies in an anti-gay country? Hmm

by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2022 2:34 PM

With the opening game upon us, I started a tournament thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2022 2:42 PM

Thanks, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2022 2:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!