Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan: "I was made to feel ambition was a terrible thing when dating Harry"

Duchess of Sussex talks of criticism she faced when beginning relationship with Prince Harry, in podcast Archetypes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601August 28, 2022 2:23 PM

The Duchess of Sussex has revealed she was criticised for her ambition when she began her relationship with Prince Harry, saying it was seen as a “terrible, terrible thing”.

She added that she had always thought of it as a positive trait as a child, before learning “a thing or two” about the labels and conventions that hold women back.

In the first of her new Archetypes podcast, released on Spotify on Tuesday and titled The Misconception of Ambition with Serena Williams, Meghan expresses her desire to explore “the boxes women have been placed in for generations”.

The statement, which could be construed as a fresh broadside at the royal family, comes after a turbulent few years for the Sussexes and their relationship with the firm.

The pair made the decision to step away from royal duties in 2020 before moving to California and giving an explosive interview to Oprah Winfrey.

Speaking to the chatshow host, Meghan claimed members of the royal family had openly expressed concerns about how dark her son Archie’s skin would be and said she came close to suicide while pregnant with her first child.

The couple had a low-key return to Britain for the Queen’s jubilee celebrations and the podcast comes just before they prepare to return again in a few weeks to attend a series of charity events.

“I don’t remember personally feeling the negative connotation behind the word ambitious until I started dating my now husband, and apparently ambition is a terrible, terrible thing. For women,” she states. “Since I felt the negativity behind it, it’s really hard to unfeel it. I can’t unsee it either in the millions of girls and women who make themselves smaller, so much smaller on a regular basis.”

In the podcast, Meghan explains that she wants to explore stereotypes that inhibit women, “boxes like diva, crazy, the B word” and get to the bottom of where they come from, why they’ve stuck around for so long, adding: “Of course, I know a thing or two about these labels myself.”

She said she wants to share her experiences, and those of other women, in the hope that her “own lived experience will help other women open up to reveal the layers of thrive within all of us”. (cont.)

by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2022 5:31 PM

(cont.) Meghan and Williams, who describe their close friendship in the podcast, also talk about how women are viewed differently when they become mothers, with Meghan saying: “The double standard between how men and women are treated after having kids is so, so real. I’ve felt it.”

Williams, who recently announced that she was stepping away from tennis, revealed the torment she went through as she took the decision to “evolve” her career. She said she had spoken to Harry, who makes a small cameo on the podcast and invites Williams to the couple’s home.

Williams said she has often been close to tears since taking the decision but it was “exciting to not have to worry about … performing on such a high level”.

“Tennis was chosen for me and I loved that choice … but now for the first time in my entire life I’m choosing to do something. And it’s hard,” said Williams.

Meghan added that Williams, herself and Harry “really know sometimes the right decision isn’t the easiest decision […] and it takes a lot”.

Concluding the podcast Meghan said there is an “misconception that if you’re an ambitious woman, you have an agenda”.

In a segment likely to be scrutinised by avid followers of the royal spat, she argues that if women are ambitious they are seen as calculating, selfish or aggressive or a climber, adding: “If you’re that fierce or strong or brave, then you somehow deserve whatever gets thrown at you. However, disproportionate or unfair it may be and even when it’s more than most could endure.”

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote] Concluding the podcast Meghan said there is an “misconception that if you’re an ambitious woman, you have an agenda”.

Isn't that what being ambitious means?? I don't see how you can be ambitious and NOT have an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2022 5:33 PM

sanctimony, unctuousness, grandiosity, all built on a barely middlebrow intellect, damaged by narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2022 5:36 PM

[quote] She said she wants to share her experiences, and those of other women, in the hope that her “own lived experience will help other women open up to reveal the layers of thrive within all of us”.

And it was at the sight of those words, "reveal the layers of thrive within all of us," that Tonstant Weader fwowed up.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2022 5:37 PM

R3: Being as charitable as possible, I think she means that people mistake a woman’s ambitiousness as being directly threatening to them when you and your life/career/domain have nothing to do with that woman’s agenda. Like a woman whose ambition is to open a business will always be on the lookout for investor leads but that doesn’t mean she is using people for those connections.

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2022 5:39 PM

I have no idea why anyone would want to listen to anything she has to say about anything. The only reason anyone's heard of her is because she got married.

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2022 5:40 PM

In Bosnia, we call this ignorant slut, “Amateur”.

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2022 5:44 PM

I think her podcasts will be very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2022 5:45 PM

R9 = Miss Hope Springs Eternal

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2022 5:46 PM

Her defensiveness regarding being”ambitious” is justified.

She is a gold-digger That did what? Marry into a globally renowned family. She spouts innumerable platitudes but she is a craven, psychopathic destroyer: of relationships, business deals, the TRUTH, and societal mores.

She is using this podcast to further her narcissism and lies. Don’t buy anything she’s selling.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2022 5:50 PM

She has alot of nerve after Tom has EXPOSED her for the cunning ,mean , nasty piece of work she is.

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2022 5:50 PM

Narcissism isn't ambition, Meghan luv, however much you try to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2022 5:53 PM

“She is an adventuress!”

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2022 5:57 PM

Let's face it: as the Empress of Victimhood, she's going to bang on about how wronged she has been, and her deep pain, until the day they pull her plug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote] In the podcast, Meghan explains that she wants to explore stereotypes that inhibit women, “boxes like diva, crazy, the B word” and get to the bottom of where they come from, why they’ve stuck around for so long, adding: “Of course, I know a thing or two about these labels myself.”

Has she had an original idea ever? Everything she ever comes up with is something cliche that people have been on about for years. So boring.

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2022 6:00 PM

Oh, yawn. YET another MM thread. She occupies a lot of your headspace.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2022 6:01 PM

And it’s not like she is reading posts on Datalounge, wanting to stick her head in the gas oven after seeing a few.

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2022 6:03 PM

This chick is never going to get it - primarily because she refuses to comprehend it. There is no fucking ambition in th BRF! The only thing they are supposed to do is be seen. Yeah - you might make a bull shit speech here and there. Likewise, you might pull a curtain down of a painting or statue but you're being SEEN doing it. She still thinks that she had to actually DO something to perpetuate her star status in this family. No. It doesn't work that way. They don't WANT you to do anything! Just smile and wave, baby, and that's quite sufficient. Did someone hit her in the head with the sceptre? Throw the orb at her head? FUCK SHIT, Meghan! It's not complicated!

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2022 6:12 PM

What does she want? To take over the throne? What’s the end goal for the whole world to play along with her deranged tea party? Remember when she was a preteen and her friend had a birthday party and they played dress up, then Meghan took over and started playing queen and bossing everyone around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2022 6:13 PM

"You're a whore, darlin'. An ambitious whore."

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2022 6:15 PM

Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2022 6:16 PM

Upper class and ambition absolutely don't mesh. Because the former doesn't need the latter- they are incompatible. As is she with the former.

But she will never, ever grasp that.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2022 6:23 PM

^ Auntie Mame! Have your brakes checked! You in danguh, girl....

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2022 6:24 PM

She wants to be some weird combo of people like HRH Oprah Kardashian Mountbatten

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2022 6:25 PM

This harlot is beyond fake and phony.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2022 6:27 PM

Our ambition is to serve. She never understood this.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2022 6:27 PM

She doesn't even have the good sense to know she's fucking up the scheme by trying too hard. The more you do and say is the more you expose yourself to the people who are going to begin wondering why they're hero worshipping you at all. Who the hell wouldn't abide by the established protocol wgile raking in millions per year JUST for smiling and waving? Who would be SO ridiculously stupid? Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2022 6:32 PM

One is supposed to marry a Prince for love and for duty, not for ambition.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2022 6:35 PM

Another shared experience to help women deal with their struggles?

Didn't she try to make that a thing when she had a miscarriage?

Didn't she try to make it a thing when she talked about being a black woman?

It didn't work then and it won't work now. A woman who trapped a Prince into marrying her so she'd have a royal title and live in a castle complete with servants and horse drawn carriages and was gifted a $10 million mansion isn't relatable to the everyday woman who actually has to go to work and comes home to a fat schlub waiting for dinner.

She is not and never will be an "everywoman", no matter what bandwagon she jumps on. She needs to just go away.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2022 6:44 PM

Women have no clue what they want, it changes every 2 hours.

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2022 6:47 PM

It's a good thing she always feels so sorry for herself, because no one else does (except Harry).

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2022 6:48 PM

Did she really think she'd be autographing bananas everytime she stepped out and into public? What?

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2022 6:54 PM

As ever, she's making it all about herself, trying to play the victim ... zzz ...

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote] She said she wants to share her experiences, and those of other women, in the hope that her “own lived experience will help other women open up to reveal the layers of thrive within all of us”.

Revealing the layers of thrive?!?

Bitch, pleaaaase . . .

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2022 6:58 PM

So in other words R35, she wants to help women trick stupid men into marriage for profit.

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2022 7:03 PM

Homely child, ugly bitch "adult".

by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2022 7:06 PM

SLUT! BITCH! CUNT! WHORE!

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2022 7:07 PM

[quote] A woman who trapped a Prince into marrying her

I don’t understand the persistent idea that Harry isn’t just as bad or worse. He’s the one selling out his own family in print. Nothing trapped about it.

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2022 7:11 PM

I thought strong, independent women were in control of their feelings.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2022 7:11 PM

The podcast is already a failure...it's not even trending on Spotify's website.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2022 7:12 PM

The podcast is getting [bold] [savaged[/bold].

[quote] The podcast is a tastefully soundtracked parade of banalities, absurdities and self-aggrandising Californian platitudes. The effect of all the tinkly music and vapid conversation is to make you feel you’ve been locked in the relaxation room of a wellness spa with an unusually self-involved yoga instructor. Even those sympathetic to Meghan’s plight (and I had once thought I might be one of those people) will find that the full hour of an episode of Archetypes will put them in an unusually grumpy mood.

One star from The Times.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2022 7:12 PM

[Quote]A woman who trapped a Prince into marrying her

Tell us how this happened.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2022 7:14 PM

That podcast is yet another way for women to justify their mental illness behaviors while trying to control every aspect of men.

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Probably something along the lines of this R43.

Serena, you better come get your man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2022 7:17 PM

This cunt is completely tone deaf. I can’t believe how tone deaf she is.

It actually makes me angry, because I’m from a family of kickass women who worked their asses off to improve their lives, and I know that none of them would count as “ambitious” to this lazy whore because they didn’t rise to become GirlBoss CEOs or Oscar-winning actresses. That owning a 1,000-sq ft house is a paltry accomplishment, that having children is a “hobby”, that a diploma from a state university is the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2022 7:17 PM

She used to open suitcases with numbers in them for a living

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2022 7:19 PM

Boy Serena needs to fire her advisors or whoever told her this would be a goodt idea. Silly Serena. Serena, its really hard to get rid of the smell of the horse shit that was spewing out of Markle's mouth. Hope you ducked...Oh wait, it looks you have a bit on you. You only thought you might get fleas from this dog. Too bad, you got the horse shit on you as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2022 7:25 PM

Ambition has no place in a royal family since it is a strict hierarchy. The only legitimate scope for action is to find ways to serve the country and the family which does not promote self, but the monarchy.

She already made clear that she hates both the country and the family, so clearly her "ambition" was not to serve either of those entities. What was her actual ambition, then? To supplant the monarch?

She's too stupid to be attempting to play games at this level. She doesn't understand the basics of the field she's playing on.

There ought to be a photograph of her next to the dictionary definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2022 7:26 PM

Well, she and he better get their shits together and figure out a olan QUICK! This ship needs cold, hard cash to stay a float, and I'll be damned if I stick around without my palms being extra greasy!

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2022 7:28 PM

Next podcast guest: Mariah Carey

Topic: Back fat

by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2022 7:28 PM

[quote] Ambition has no place in a royal family since it is a strict hierarchy.

Oh please, tell that to historians!

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2022 7:29 PM

Bitch can never stop deluding!

Meghan Markle Says Royal Handlers Sent Her Out to Work Right After Archie’s Room Caught Fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2022 7:30 PM

She sure made sure she spit out those unattractive kids fast.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2022 7:33 PM

SHE IS MENTALLY INSANE! BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER!

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2022 7:36 PM

I love all these fucking golddiggers claiming they do what they do to empower other women.

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2022 7:37 PM

"Ambition" within the historical context of a Royal family usually includes murder, r52.

Are you trying to say that you think that's what she is getting at?

( Well, she *was* rumoured to have 'joked' "We're only one plane crash away", so maybe she was... but of course that was merely a joke, of course...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2022 7:37 PM

Gorgon.

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2022 7:48 PM

Ambition isn't a bad thing.

How you go about realizing it, on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2022 7:51 PM

Someone give Harry and Meghan a game show. I mean, she could spin a wheel....or--in a feminist move--HE could spin a wheel while SHE chats with guests about their problems. Perfect for their skill set!!!!

by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2022 7:57 PM

R53 Wouldn't be surprised if she set the fire herself (using a timer) due to "post partum depression."

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2022 8:00 PM

Do most younger women have Asperger’s or BPD now?

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2022 8:05 PM

Thanks to your inspiring words, my levels of thrive are THROBBING!!!!

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2022 8:06 PM

THERE'S NO "AMBITION" IN THE MONARCHY! It's symbolically the highest you can get. 🤣🤣😂 The Queen is ordained by GOD. That's the next step up the ladder.

Did she want to conquer France? Retake America? (Clearly).

by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2022 8:06 PM

The thing I love about Meghan Markle is she's in an episode of Veep but doesn't know it.

by Anonymousreply 65August 23, 2022 8:08 PM

She needs to be asked..."Are you OK?"

by Anonymousreply 66August 23, 2022 8:12 PM

The gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 67August 23, 2022 8:13 PM

No one is "ordained" by God. Yeesh. Can't believe simpletons went along with that shit for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2022 8:13 PM

Does this bitch ever shut the fuck up? Jesus Christ. Get a shrink. Everyone’s got problems.

by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2022 8:15 PM

R68, do you know what the word "symbolically" means?

by Anonymousreply 70August 23, 2022 8:16 PM

Zzz zzz zzz 😴

by Anonymousreply 71August 23, 2022 8:18 PM

Gossip Tea: The Harkles we’re not staying with the British High Commissioner during Meghan’s claims of fire in SA.

There was an argument (just like with the Aussie Governor General) and the royal aides were left scrambling. They contacted other Commonwealth commissioners (hence where this information arises) to host The Harkles, but all rebuffed them. Haha.

There are huge levels of security in these places in South Africa: guards, security cameras, heaps of staff, so a “fire” in such a place would be a huge deal.

Apparently The Harkles ended up staying in some dodgy businessman’s abode, hence her description of it in disparaging terms.

Whether the “fire” actually happened remains unclear.

It has been proven Markle is shady and a liar, so much she spouts is suspect.

by Anonymousreply 72August 23, 2022 8:19 PM

Does she realise that she is essentially throwing S.A.'s government under the bus with this accusation?

How COULD she? I expected more from her as a 'STRONG BLACK WOMAN'.

by Anonymousreply 73August 23, 2022 8:26 PM

Why would you need a heater on a sunny day in South Africa?

by Anonymousreply 74August 23, 2022 9:25 PM

Yes R70 but it's still ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2022 9:59 PM

There was a fire in Archie's room, but at least he had a room.

by Anonymousreply 76August 23, 2022 10:03 PM

Always a victim.

by Anonymousreply 77August 23, 2022 10:12 PM

Marrying a prince is the highest attainment in Britain. You've landed a prince, so what do you need ambition for?

The Brits are backward looking. They don't get Meghan or Harry. Harry is also ambitious. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life judging dog shows. Can't say i blame him. Meghan was his lifesaver.

by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2022 11:38 PM

FIRE IN THE NURSERY! FIRE IN THE NURSERY!

I can’t work.

by Anonymousreply 79August 23, 2022 11:45 PM

She could have continued with her acting career if she wished.That offer was made to her.

by Anonymousreply 80August 23, 2022 11:48 PM

The only way to move up in the monarchy is for people to DIE.

So yes, ambition is frowned upon in their circle.

by Anonymousreply 81August 23, 2022 11:50 PM

In her case by ambition I think she means easy money and privilege without restraint and is dressing it up as something more worthy and substantial.she has a generous podcast contract not because of her own talent and striving work ethic but because of the man she married.I dont think big new media companies like spotify, Netflix and Youtube will make those kind of big mistakes in the future.The Harkles have been a cautionary tale about hollowness and only froth underneath the hype.no substance.

by Anonymousreply 82August 23, 2022 11:55 PM

In the 80s we called woman like Meghan "pushy cunts". Her podcast should be called Pushy Duchesse

by Anonymousreply 83August 23, 2022 11:55 PM

A victim hoping to connect with other victims who will pay for her expensive lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 84August 23, 2022 11:58 PM

As a brand, monetizing the endless suffering you have endured on your journey may prove to be much less lucrative (and ambitious) than Harry and Meghan hoped.

by Anonymousreply 85August 23, 2022 11:59 PM

What man comments on a woman’s hairdo?

by Anonymousreply 86August 24, 2022 12:03 AM

R86, the answer to that question is:

a man who does what he’s told.

by Anonymousreply 87August 24, 2022 12:09 AM

My issue with Meghan is the same issue I have with Trump she is basically allowed to say anything she wants and the mainstream media doesn't push back on it despite knowing it's BS. It is impossible that the Queen's great-grandson could've been killed in a fire an no one has heard a thing about it (even Serena Williams who is allegedly Meghan's best friend). Someone would've spilled the beans by now. Almost everything about the royal family gets out. Even royal reports like Russell Myers and Chris Ship who was on the SA trip are too chicken shit to say it didn't happen and are skirting around giving a firm answer.

by Anonymousreply 88August 24, 2022 12:15 AM

[quote]In the podcast, Meghan explains that she wants to explore stereotypes that inhibit women, “boxes like diva, crazy, the B word”

"The B word"? She's too dainty to say "BITCH"?

by Anonymousreply 89August 24, 2022 12:18 AM

I knew she was shameless,but this is a whole other level of brazen. So very entertaining ! Thank You Meghan !

by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2022 12:21 AM

“if you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best”

She’s one of those borderline nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2022 12:24 AM

This girl knows nothing about Ambition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 24, 2022 12:25 AM

So I'm guessing this podcast will last a season and that's it? It's not trending on social media or on Spotify's own page. And the fact Spoitfy just dropped with with zero build up suggests they already know they've got an expensive dud.

by Anonymousreply 93August 24, 2022 12:28 AM

A fire broke out in Archie's unoccupied room, and this bitch thought that "scare" should have been a good enough justification to take off for the rest of the day? And she wants to be POTUS??? Also, let's be real: they probably told her she was free to go back to Archie because Harry could go on and do a modified version of the rest of the day's schedule, and she got offended that they wouldn't just cancel the whole thing. How dare they act like she's expendable?! SHE'S THE STAR!

by Anonymousreply 94August 24, 2022 12:36 AM

[quote] She could have continued with her acting career if she wished.That offer was made to her.

Obviously, she didn't want to continue in that. It's like you win the lottery. Maybe you don't want to continue working at the old job.

by Anonymousreply 95August 24, 2022 12:38 AM

Since when are Sparkles and Serene "best friends?" They are both just thirsty Sunshine Sachs clients, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 96August 24, 2022 12:38 AM

If she appreciated that 'lottery win', R95, this obnoxious bitch would've acted accordingly by being grateful for the great opportunities she got by marrying into one of the most famous families in the entire world.

Alas ...

by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2022 12:42 AM

r95 And yet the lottery win was not good enough for her either. Ambition just seems to mean to her doing everything her own way, no rules , no team playing.A very teenage mindset.What cant I do everything i want when I want it on my own terms? Why is everyone so mean??!!

by Anonymousreply 98August 24, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote] “I don’t remember personally [bold]feeling[/bold] the negative connotation behind the word ambitious until I started dating my now husband,..."

[quote]"Since I [bold]felt[/bold] the negativity behind it, it’s really hard to [bold]unfeel[/bold] it."

[quote]“The double standard between how men and women are treated after having kids is so, so real. I’ve [bold]felt[/bold] it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 24, 2022 1:29 AM

But this more Meghan's level:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 24, 2022 1:31 AM

I’ve always FELT that Meghan was a phony cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2022 1:35 AM

She’s got a real thing for tank tops, hasn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2022 1:36 AM

I'm confused. I thought since early childhood she has been strong, enlightened, shaking the tree Feminist Icon. I thought Female Warriors like this never allow Anyone, Anywhere make them feel anything. Guess she ain't quite the Feminist she says she is. Or is it just one more lie in the chain.

by Anonymousreply 103August 24, 2022 1:38 AM

[QUOTE][R53] Wouldn't be surprised if she set the fire herself (using a timer) due to "post partum depression."

I hate to say this, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she tried to gaslight the government of S. Africa to try to gain attention to her unbearable "plight" as a trapped member of the RF. Total NPD move.

She probably was arrogant enough to think she could get away with it in a developing country. (Didn't the Sussexes deem S.A. government provided transportation insecure and inadequate and have their own fleet or armored Land Rovers flown in?) Of course she thought she could trick the security since it's so "Third World" and her own worldliness and knowledge know no bounds.

No timers, just walking or sneaking around as she did at KP. Light a ciggy so it slowly burns down to a trail of rubbing alcohol by Archie's crib. 🚬 takes a few minutes to wend itself down to the accelerant... In the meantime, Meghan icily walks to the reception area as she smooths her khaki skirt and beatifically smiles as she accepts a mimosa from the servants, actual, real black people.

by Anonymousreply 104August 24, 2022 2:03 AM

Ambition Shmambition

Her own got ambition got her to the exalted position of being a mid-30s, C-List, pretty, employed actor on a 3rd or 4th tier cable series with not many moves left.

Then, she set her cap on Harry and got him, and, there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Then, she got in over her head with BRF. That's not a criticism. It's a statement of reality.

Apparently, however, rather than learn the ropes, her "ambition" required her to believe that instead of her adjusting to the BRF, the Royal Family had to adjust to her.

(Hold a seance, conjure Diana, and ask that tall, white, blonde, beautiful aristocrat how that worked out for her.)

And because the BRF adjusts to itself and its survival, not to hers, we're to infer that it's because the Royals suppress "ambition".

I'd have respect for her if she'd just admit she got in over her head by marrying in to the BRF. But no, she has to cast her own mistakes as a thing apart from her and Harry, not her fault at all.

And Harry is even more to blame than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 105August 24, 2022 2:07 AM

I normally ignore all these threads but does this bitch ever shut the fuck up?? It's amazing anyone has any sympathy for her and I'm someone who thinks the whole monarchy nonsense is a bunch of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2022 2:12 AM

[quote]Then, she set her cap on Harry and got him, and, there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Well, actually there is. While deeply, deeply perhaps (likely) irredeemably flawed, he is a human being, not a commodity to be mined and smelted for the purposes of platform and luxury. That she may have done it, that others have, and others will, lets not be so jaded we forget that just because we're used to it doesn't make it right. It's shoddy and unethical.

by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2022 2:15 AM

Well, well, WELL, Della...How times have changed.

I remember when you used to admonish the rest of us - regularly - for merely pointing out that Meghan was less than ideal, and also how you could never stop saying how much you admired her for her climbing and grifting 'talents'.

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2022 2:22 AM

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why this woman has to be referred to as “The Duchess of Sussex” when she’s spoken of, quoted or referenced in or by American media? The British and their embarrassing and childish titles may want to indulge it there, but NOBODY in America even knows what the fuck that means!! What is Sussex? What makes her a “duchess” other than a rich old woman calling her that?!

Do you Brits have any idea of how retarded the world thinks you are? Go away with that insipid bullshit already!

by Anonymousreply 109August 24, 2022 2:26 AM

Meghan, sweetie, you’re not ambitious, you’re a depraved, antisocial cunt. Ambitious is achieving your goals by using your intelligence and honing your skills. Serena Williams is ambitious. Through sheer hard work, she is arguably one of the greatest tennis players of all time. A depraved, antisocial cunt is a poor excuse of a human being who cheats, lies, schemes, exploits, abandons and destroys everything and everyone in their path to get to the top.

An ambitious person would perhaps spearhead a program to identify and treat youths at risk of becoming violent. A cunt goes to the site of a school shooting with a camera crew for photo ops.

The reason you don’t understand the difference is that you are the product of a dysfunctional home and a personality disordered woman. Ask the people you stepped on and crushed as you climbed the greasy pole of fame if you were ambitious or an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 110August 24, 2022 2:28 AM

She's a remarkably disordered woman.

by Anonymousreply 111August 24, 2022 2:29 AM

You're so convincing, R109. Really, your intellect and rhetoric is wasted here.

A title associated with Sussex first appeared with the Kingdom of Sussex, an Anglo-Saxon kingdom that was annexed by the Kingdom of Wessex around 827, that later became part of the Kingdom of England and is today an historic county. So that, as you might say, is what the fuck that is.

by Anonymousreply 112August 24, 2022 2:31 AM

r109 Call her what you want no one over here gives a shit. That issue is between you and whoever owns your media companies.

by Anonymousreply 113August 24, 2022 2:32 AM

We should do a Datalounge podcast about Meghan. It will be hilarious! Each faux-analytical faux-gravitas post in your own voice, calling in with hissing, shrieking, lisping, Lizshaing, in Noo Yawk, Essex, chav, bbc accents.

by Anonymousreply 114August 24, 2022 2:35 AM

R109, her PR insists she be referred to as “Duchess”. A Vogue writer called her “Meghan Markle” and was forced to revise the online article to reflect the change.

That title is precious to her, haha.

by Anonymousreply 115August 24, 2022 2:40 AM

R109. Do you have any idea what most people around the world think of the intelligence of the average American?

by Anonymousreply 116August 24, 2022 2:47 AM

We just buried Ivana "Trump".

Her second replacement attended the funeral.

Sometimes marrying a name is all a middling hustler can achieve.

by Anonymousreply 117August 24, 2022 2:48 AM

I don’t think she’ll divorce Harry just because she wants that title.

by Anonymousreply 118August 24, 2022 2:49 AM

OMG Who cares?! I thought they were supposed to go away when they quit being all royal and shit.

by Anonymousreply 119August 24, 2022 3:00 AM

[quote] Well, actually there is. While deeply, deeply perhaps (likely) irredeemably flawed, he is a human being, not a commodity to be mined and smelted for the purposes of platform and luxury. That she may have done it, that others have, and others will, lets not be so jaded we forget that just because we're used to it doesn't make it right.[bold] It’s shoddy and unethical[/bold].

Spot on, R107. Della’s admiration for Markle’s gritting ways and greasy pole climbing is mystifying. Guess some people are naturally attracted to sleaze. Hence Markle’s “supporters”. Speaking of which....

[quote] Well, well, WELL, Della...How times have changed.

I remember when you used to admonish the rest of us - regularly - for merely pointing out that Meghan was less than ideal, and also how [bold] you could never stop saying how much you admired her for her climbing and grifting 'talents'.

Touché, R108.

by Anonymousreply 120August 24, 2022 3:16 AM

I assume the South Africa thing will turn out to be somebody lighting a candle in the bedroom or something similar.

Does this woman realise the Queen was shot at in public and completed her engagement without pausing?

by Anonymousreply 121August 24, 2022 3:19 AM

I actually got SHOT at a public event, and I still made the whole the long ass speech I had prepared. This hussy doesn't have what it takes to be an American president!

by Anonymousreply 122August 24, 2022 3:28 AM

Such an entertaining, crackling thread to liven up my day!!!

by Anonymousreply 123August 24, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote]"I was made to feel..."

Insipid.

by Anonymousreply 124August 24, 2022 3:29 AM

Meghan as a pre-teen at camp:

CAMP COUNSELOR: "Now, one of you will be the drowning victim and the other one gets to be our lifesaver."

MEGHAN: "I'll be the victim!"

WEDNESDAY ADDAMS : "All your life."

by Anonymousreply 125August 24, 2022 3:33 AM

So many layers of thrive in this podcast.

by Anonymousreply 126August 24, 2022 3:34 AM

P W Botha tried to kill my black baby !!!!

by Anonymousreply 127August 24, 2022 3:35 AM

How do you know Mwghan Markle is lying?

Her mouth is moving.

by Anonymousreply 128August 24, 2022 3:38 AM

Markle: Oh yes, there was a fire in Archie's bedroom. I was flooded with tears. Terrified. Distraught. Oh, I didn't tell you about the fire? Oh, I can't believe I didn't tell you about the fire. I didn't tell you?

Serena Williams: No.

by Anonymousreply 129August 24, 2022 3:51 AM

So we've learned that the royal handlers held Markle captive in the palace and wouldn't let her travel or even go out to lunch. We've learned Markle was near suicide because she couldn't stand the pressure of royal life. And we've learned that someone in the royal family wanted to know how black her baby was going to be.

But goddamn that Markle, she held the news about the FIRE secret until today? How on earth did she have the restraint not to say anything until now about her non-royal baby to whom the royal family refuses to give a title?

by Anonymousreply 130August 24, 2022 3:59 AM

"Upon returning to the residence, our parenting instincts immediately told us something was terribly amiss and we ran through the raging fire to the nursery!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 24, 2022 4:08 AM

R73 She really has the special talent to piss people off no matter where she goes .

by Anonymousreply 132August 24, 2022 4:11 AM

Did the Duke of Edinburgh mess with the wiring in the space heater??????

by Anonymousreply 133August 24, 2022 4:15 AM

“After running through the raging fire to the nursery, Harry and I left the baby with the nanny and spent the next few days and nights at the Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa. We told the nanny to air Archie out and to call us when he no longer smelled of smoke.”

by Anonymousreply 134August 24, 2022 4:21 AM

I'm trying to imagine the Queen, Charles, and Camilla listening to this in a drawing room at Windsor and trying to make sense of it in an effort to understand her.

"She said 'reveal the layers of...' ...something. What word could it possibly have been? It sounded like 'thrive,' but of course that would be completely nonsensical."

by Anonymousreply 135August 24, 2022 4:22 AM

Will she and Mariah discuss their shared love of photo shopping themselves to death?

by Anonymousreply 136August 24, 2022 4:22 AM

Archbishop Desmond Tutu dropped dead after an exhausting meeting with sMEGs and ArchiDamien. Maybe he couldn't put up with her lies anymore. Devastating.

by Anonymousreply 137August 24, 2022 4:26 AM

I might watch a clip of that. Celebrity Narcissist Death Match!

Could Madonna be lured to show her how a real pop princess does it?

by Anonymousreply 138August 24, 2022 4:26 AM

Interesting that she didn’t mention “the fire” in that notorious South Africa interview or the Oprah interview.

by Anonymousreply 139August 24, 2022 4:27 AM

From Russell Myers, royal correspondent, who was in South Africa covering the tour:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 24, 2022 4:31 AM

r140 I assume the fire was three days before and nobody knew about it .

by Anonymousreply 141August 24, 2022 4:38 AM

She didn't tell me about no fire.

by Anonymousreply 142August 24, 2022 4:39 AM

She didn't tell me about no fire either.

by Anonymousreply 143August 24, 2022 4:40 AM

Archie died in a fire in South Africa and rose from the dead on the third day. Not a lot of people know that.

by Anonymousreply 144August 24, 2022 4:40 AM

[quote]Not a lot of people know that.

Perfect, r144!

by Anonymousreply 145August 24, 2022 4:41 AM

Let me just make one thing perfectly clear before the next MF podcast airs: "I don't know her."

by Anonymousreply 146August 24, 2022 4:43 AM

A dingo tried to kidnap Archie during the Australia tour and they wanted me to go ahead and bake my famous banana bread for a event the next day!

by Anonymousreply 147August 24, 2022 4:43 AM

Maybe the fire was the reason I wasn't okay...even though no one ever asked!

by Anonymousreply 148August 24, 2022 4:45 AM

I never heard about no fire.

by Anonymousreply 149August 24, 2022 4:46 AM

The fire was the reason I was asking, "How black is your baby gonna be?"

by Anonymousreply 150August 24, 2022 4:48 AM

This is one of the more enjoyable Markle threads.

by Anonymousreply 151August 24, 2022 4:57 AM

I thought the podcast was going to be dull social justice millennial feminism. But based on the partial DM transcript, it's once again gossip chum!

In just this one show, we get a full recounting of her amazing P&G campaign; hot gossip about unknown fires and dastardly BRF officials making her and Harry soldier on; numerous references to how badly she was treated since she started dating Harry; references to how strong they were to dump the BRF; affected references to "Harry, my love" and "my dear friend" Serena; a cameo by Harry and a bit of chat to show that Serena Williams is OUR GREAT FRIEND who was counselled by the sage Harry on her retirement; etc.

In one part she even talks about how hard it has been for Serena to see how hard it's been for her, Meghan. And she self-aggrandizingly tries to make it relevant to fatsos in Omaha: "What I think is so interesting is that even though that's on a world stage, I don't know if that feels much different for any woman. If you're in a small town and you see someone saying something about your best friend that is just completely untrue, how that feels."

by Anonymousreply 152August 24, 2022 5:04 AM

Whether you have 16 bathrooms or just one, the pain of being othered is exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 153August 24, 2022 5:08 AM

She is spewing a bunch of Hollywood California bimbo jargon. Vapid. No Depth.

by Anonymousreply 154August 24, 2022 5:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 24, 2022 5:15 AM

If you thought Archie almost dying in South Africa was hair-raising, let me tell you what almost happened at the Frogmore housing unit….

by Anonymousreply 156August 24, 2022 5:17 AM

Huh that’s me R155 and I am not retyping shit now.

Just read the story and think about how that bitch megain carried her son, after Lauren was gone, when they were in Canada and she mugged for the paparazzi while walking her dogs.

—-believe me, you will get a chuckle.

Bitch is THE BIGGEST LOSER. That’s my lived experience anyway.

by Anonymousreply 157August 24, 2022 5:18 AM

R153 "The pain of being othered"???? Megs has spent her entire adult life wangling to be above and beyond mere mortals, seeking out those opportunities/roles that made her different, special, the only star in the galaxy, i.e. "other". As with everything else Megs does, any "pain" is self-inflicted.

by Anonymousreply 158August 24, 2022 5:20 AM

“Archetypes”, the Duchess of Sussex’s groundbreaking podcast. Available in both mono and archephonic sound.

by Anonymousreply 159August 24, 2022 5:27 AM

WTF is this expression: "lived experience"

Shouldn't it just be: "my experience"

If it's your experience, I trust you "lived" it. You didn't experience it as a ghost.

by Anonymousreply 160August 24, 2022 5:27 AM

On the podcast, she introduced herself as one-name-only: "This is Meghan."

Not Meghan Markle. Just Meghan.

Does she think she's Cher? Madonna? Pink?

by Anonymousreply 161August 24, 2022 5:30 AM

Does the “B” word she references stand for batshit crazy?

by Anonymousreply 162August 24, 2022 5:33 AM

Megs is guilty of othering by dragging South Africa into her victim game.

by Anonymousreply 163August 24, 2022 5:37 AM

R161 Royalty is known/identified by their first name. If you look at signatures of Royalty on documents, correspondence, guestbooks, etc., only their first name appears. Megs, believing herself more Royal than the Royals, carries on this "custom".

by Anonymousreply 164August 24, 2022 5:40 AM

If you hired her to make a documentary about World War II, she’d somehow make it all about herself.

by Anonymousreply 165August 24, 2022 5:41 AM

Hell, if you tried to make a documentary about missing staples in the binding of the published book of Cleveland 's traffic statistics for 1953, she'd find a way to make it about herself.

by Anonymousreply 166August 24, 2022 5:45 AM

Once again it is all about her and her so-called suffering. Same shit, different day.

Takes me back to when she had that meeting with the teenagers. They were talking about mental heath when Smeg, seemingly out of nowhere, announced that she was supposedly the most trolled person in the world. I guess she got tired of waiting for someone to ask.

by Anonymousreply 167August 24, 2022 5:46 AM

That's unfair! Those fucking staples marginalized me, r166!

by Anonymousreply 168August 24, 2022 5:49 AM

Her future guests on the podcast include (I am not making this up):

Singer Mariah Carey

Comedian Ziwe Fumudoh

Actress/writer/comedienne Mindy Kaling

actress/comedienne Margaret Cho (!!!)

comedienne Robin Thede

comedienne Amanda Seales

by Anonymousreply 169August 24, 2022 5:49 AM

Lived experiences may differ.

by Anonymousreply 170August 24, 2022 5:50 AM

Were the Obamas busy?

by Anonymousreply 171August 24, 2022 5:51 AM

“Feminism” (whatever it actually is) is so boring.

by Anonymousreply 172August 24, 2022 5:54 AM

I cannot wait to hear from Haz, post divorce, about all the money that was siphoned from his trust just to keep Smeg in the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 173August 24, 2022 5:54 AM

I had anotyer miscarriage before the Fiji visit, but would they let me take a day off? No!!

by Anonymousreply 174August 24, 2022 5:54 AM

I cannot believe Margaret Cho agreed to participate in this shit.

by Anonymousreply 175August 24, 2022 5:54 AM

R164. I know all that. But Meghan Markle ain't royal other than a royal piece of shit.

She walked away from it all.

by Anonymousreply 176August 24, 2022 5:56 AM

'This is just ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!' | Dan Wootton REACTS to Meghan Markle's podcast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 24, 2022 5:57 AM

Just watching River and at minute 12 or thereabouts, he does the most adorable impersonation of Meghan. (the whole video is his review of her podcast, and he's got his notes there from the thing) But he's outdone himself on the impersonation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 24, 2022 5:59 AM

That is hilarious how she has photoshopped her neck and chin into oblivion. Her chipmunk cheeks are gone, too.

by Anonymousreply 179August 24, 2022 5:59 AM

I want to unfeel my lived experience of this podcast so that I can achieve another level of thrive.

by Anonymousreply 180August 24, 2022 6:01 AM

She was in flames as she ran out of the section 8 dwelling with Archie in her arms.

by Anonymousreply 181August 24, 2022 6:02 AM

R178 he does an excellent Diana.

by Anonymousreply 182August 24, 2022 6:04 AM

Is Margaret Cho considered a big get?

by Anonymousreply 183August 24, 2022 6:06 AM

Did Spotify publicize the long-anticipated podcast from Markle? Spotify waited nearly two years for this cringeworthy drivel, and it didn't seem to get any hype before going live.

by Anonymousreply 184August 24, 2022 6:08 AM

R177. Geez. I hadn’t heard any of the podcast except for what is contained in that clip. She’s incredulous that officials can’t cancel their engagement and explain the reason why.

What kind of announcement did she expect them to make? “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s previously scheduled engagement has unfortunately been cancelled due to a defective space heater”.

by Anonymousreply 185August 24, 2022 6:08 AM

Think of how many famous women must have turned her down to arrive at [italic]that[/italic] pathetic list of guest stars.

"We wanted to get Paula Poundstone, Your Grace, but she said she was busy for the next few years. So instead we had to ask for the next best thing, but the good news is that Margaret Cho said yes."

by Anonymousreply 186August 24, 2022 6:20 AM

I wonder with what level of incomprehension the Queen observed the Markle phenomenon

Oh, yes, soldiering on after the space heater incident reminds me of when I had continue Troopimg the Colour after someone tried to kill me. Or that time I had to return to London and be filmed greeting the government just after my father died. Or the time that guy burst into my bedroom. Or that time when the IRA blew up my cousin. We do have to stay calm and carry on sometimes Meghan, don’t we?

by Anonymousreply 187August 24, 2022 6:20 AM

That Procter & Gamble thing is going to be on her tombstone, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 188August 24, 2022 6:22 AM

Couldn't she twist Steinem's arm?

by Anonymousreply 189August 24, 2022 6:22 AM

Has anyone listened to her podcast called Archetypes? Clever name :)

by Anonymousreply 190August 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Meghan, honey, you’re just a couple years away from this based on your current trajectory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 24, 2022 6:36 AM

Marry your way to the elite top, got it meg.

by Anonymousreply 192August 24, 2022 6:43 AM

R186. And Kim Carnes is tentative for season 2!

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2022 6:46 AM

I want to meet Meghan and Harry. How do i go about it? Are they easily accessible? I have no contacts.

by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2022 6:48 AM

I want her to tell her laundry soap story on every single podcast. Pretty soon guests will be reciting it along with her, word for word. Or reminding her, "Wait, you left out the part about the..."

by Anonymousreply 195August 24, 2022 6:50 AM

If anyone doubts the stories about how snotty she was about the accommodations in Australia, the “housing unit” comment pretty much confirms it. It’s pretty doubtful the South African government would put them up in some fire -prone shack in one of the shanty towns, but that’s what Meghan would have us believe.

by Anonymousreply 196August 24, 2022 6:51 AM

Also I, Meghan Markle , Duchess of the 16 loos , am definitely not from Compton , nope not even one little bit . How would you even think about me like that . Nothing Compton about me . Serena is though , tough luck , but she worked hard to overcome that stigma , all that ambition and such . What ? Serena you tell me Kevin Costner is also from Compton . Nooo , can't be , he's too well not comptony to come from Compton . You want me to google ? I don't do that .

by Anonymousreply 197August 24, 2022 6:58 AM

How is her father doing? Any word from him or her jealous bitch sister?

by Anonymousreply 198August 24, 2022 6:59 AM

The Sydney accommodation where she wanted to kick the Governor General and wife out of their home rather than settling for being offered just a wing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 24, 2022 7:00 AM

Now I can look the Uvalde parents in the face.

by Anonymousreply 200August 24, 2022 7:07 AM

Maybe she threw some tea in the housing unit in Sydney just to douse the fire which seems to inexplicably follow her wherever she goes. Bitch is too hot to trot and always in heat!

by Anonymousreply 201August 24, 2022 7:22 AM

“You call this banana bread? Go make another batch!” as she hurled it into the fireplace!

by Anonymousreply 202August 24, 2022 7:29 AM

I can understand she would be upset if Archie had a near miss, but to then go on to claim she was mistreated by being expected to go out and do her job undermines everything she says about women. How about the mothers who have to go to their work even if their kids are sick or worse?

by Anonymousreply 203August 24, 2022 8:10 AM

r193 Spotify have not really promoted this podcast, it isn't in Spotify trends. I can't see them renewing the contract for a second series

by Anonymousreply 204August 24, 2022 8:21 AM

Does she have any empowering stories from her youth when she stood up to a big corporation and made them change their sexist ways? I can't get enough of those.

by Anonymousreply 205August 24, 2022 8:28 AM

Eish, the coloured in Afrika Borwa is always making fake drama like this gammie.

by Anonymousreply 206August 24, 2022 8:34 AM

r25 Oprah-Diana Jolie-Kardashian Mountbatten

by Anonymousreply 207August 24, 2022 8:41 AM

r60 If Harry presents hole I'll watch!

by Anonymousreply 208August 24, 2022 8:51 AM

Only a guest appearance from Randy Andy can save this sinking podcast.

by Anonymousreply 209August 24, 2022 8:56 AM

Watch me, as I 'reveal more layers of thrive'!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 24, 2022 9:39 AM

[quote]And it’s not like she is reading posts on Datalounge, wanting to stick her head in the gas oven after seeing a few.

Uh....it's exactly like that.

by Anonymousreply 211August 24, 2022 9:43 AM

[quote]The statement, which could be construed as a fresh broadside at the royal family

Or she could just be saying something we already knew decades ago: that the women who marry into the family are expected to be subservient workers to The Firm and not have ambitions of their own.

I get that the press is desperate for conflict and the people who have a genuine addiction to hating her are going to pretend like this is some major attack on the royal family, but all she's doing is telling us what we already knew.

by Anonymousreply 212August 24, 2022 9:46 AM

Hey ya'll! I'm selling blow jobs at knock down prices! Get yours before Harry wakes up from his pot binge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 24, 2022 9:49 AM

That story about the nursery fire is very “Tai's brush with death at the mall”.

by Anonymousreply 214August 24, 2022 9:53 AM

[QUOTE]that the women who marry into the family are expected to be subservient workers to The Firm and not have ambitions of their own.

Like Capt. Mark Phillips or Sir Angus Ogilvy, you mean?

If that woman had come with even a marginal talent or a background not created by her hired PR, would we be having this conversation at all?

by Anonymousreply 215August 24, 2022 9:59 AM

Season 2: Mindy Cohn - Elder abuse

Mindy: Geez, that Charlotte Rae was so abusive towards us. She’d grab me in a headlock and shove my face into her cleavage, all the while yelling, “I am Mother, drink from my bountiful paps.”

Meghan: Oh yeah? Well when I first married Harry, the Queen made me sleep on a bed of nails.

by Anonymousreply 216August 24, 2022 9:59 AM

r212 She wasn't expected to be subservient. She was told she could choose to carry on with her acting career and not be a working royal. She made her choice and insisted she knew and understood her choice to marry a royal and become a working royal. Infact she said to a friend who tried to advise her on the nuances and pitfalls of her decision I don't want to hear any negativity. I'm not interested was her attitude. By ambition she seems to mean not work within any framework or under any rules.

by Anonymousreply 217August 24, 2022 10:01 AM

[quote]seemingly out of nowhere, announced that she was supposedly the most trolled person in the world

She said she had been told that, not that she came up with it on her own, and even the Express who hates her couldn't refute it except by saying that some online casino website's study showed she was "only" the third most trolled celebrity online.

But changing it to "she lied and said she was the most trolled person in the world" sounds a lot more evil than "someone told her she was the most trolled, but she was really third most trolled."

I believe you guys also say that the study last year that showed there was an actual network of Twitter and YouTube trolls devoted to posting hate tweets and vids about her was fake too, right?

by Anonymousreply 218August 24, 2022 10:10 AM

[quote]Like Capt. Mark Phillips or Sir Angus Ogilvy, you mean?

If you're saying they were forced to give up their lives, i.e. equestrianism, photography, businesses, etc. then you're wrong. Of course they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 219August 24, 2022 10:12 AM

Why are people obsessed with hating her?

I find it so weird.

She's not on a current TV show or in a movie, she's not currently serving any royal duties. What is the obsession about?

I don't care about the royals in general. But I see endless headlines about this woman and almost all of them are about something she said that seems relatively innocuous and insignificant but people take as a great insult and lash out about.

I don't see any reason why this woman affects people's lives anymore than a Kardashian affecting people's lives. Who gives a shit? Like, how totally bored with your life do you have to be to be offended by some woman talking about mundane frustrations?

by Anonymousreply 220August 24, 2022 10:20 AM

[quote] Like Capt. Mark Phillips or Sir Angus Ogilvy, you mean?

It's even harder for men who may into the royal family. They are emasculated by the traditional standard of masculinity roles expected of men.

by Anonymousreply 221August 24, 2022 10:43 AM

Everyone who marries into the royal family, regardless of whether they're a husband or wife, gets hazed by the royals and their staff, as well as the media. Phillips got a lot of that, not as bad as Townsend when he was with Princess Margaret, but bad enough. Still, the women have it worse. I guess a lot of people don't remember but the threads on Kate were vicious, and if you dared say anything positive about her, the haters would lose their minds.

Look at the comments on this thread about Kate. They are the EXACT same comments we hear about Meghan. The only difference is that the Meghan stuff never died down. The press went out of their way to keep it going, and the haters never let it go and moved on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 24, 2022 10:56 AM

R220 Megham drives the BRF obsessed losers insane and for that I love Megham.

by Anonymousreply 223August 24, 2022 11:00 AM

We "love to hate her" in the same way we loved to hate Alexis Carrington Colby. Megham (and that spelling of her name is delicious) keeps throwing herself in the public spotlight again and again and again, for no reason other than self-aggrandizement.

by Anonymousreply 224August 24, 2022 11:05 AM

R223 She really does. It's a strange thing to witness from the outside as someone who doesn't care about the royal family.

Aside from the queen herself (and that's arguable), the royals seem to have no more purpose than the Kardashians do. Aren't they also just famous for being famous? Why resent Harry for just existing as tabloid fodder and making money off the media? He's one and the same with, for example, Kourtney Kardashian, who just cashes in on her name as media clamor to make up stories and she rides the waves of adoration and hatred that keep delivering cash to her accounts.

If you hate any of these people, the only way to really make good on it would be to stop paying attention to them.

by Anonymousreply 225August 24, 2022 11:09 AM

^ Oh, this "I find it so weird" again. You find it weird every time this fool makes herself look worse than the last time she made herself look awful. Jesus. Now you're not fooling us, so answer me this: are you fooling you? I find it so weird.

by Anonymousreply 226August 24, 2022 11:19 AM

[quote]Archie died in a fire in South Africa and rose from the dead on the third day. Not a lot of people know that.

Worse, not a lot of people have asked.

by Anonymousreply 227August 24, 2022 11:20 AM

She waited too long to launch this podcast, should have come out way back when the oprah interview aired. Americans don’t give a shit about Meghan! Oh now baby Archie narrowly escaped death because she had to perform Royal duties by force? Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 228August 24, 2022 11:44 AM

This gal and hub just feed off of perceived victimhood.

We should all be so lucky to have $millions$

by Anonymousreply 229August 24, 2022 12:21 PM

---The Duchess of Sussex, fleeing the burning South African housing unit

This tag deserves to be repeated.

by Anonymousreply 230August 24, 2022 12:34 PM

Archie almost being roasted alive in that South African shanty isn’t only time they made insane demands on me. One time my father had a heart attack and they expected me to go on with the wedding plans as if nothing had happened.!!

by Anonymousreply 231August 24, 2022 12:45 PM

Fuck you fuckers. I have a film crew go with me everywhere. Here is your proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 24, 2022 12:50 PM

It took p&g three months to change that ad, surely if they really were that moved by what she wrote them they could have dubbed over the line with immediate effect.

by Anonymousreply 233August 24, 2022 12:59 PM

I find it really weird that somebody who doesn't care about the royal family and can't understand why anybody would dislike Harry or Meghan finds themselves again and again not just reading threads about both, but commenting on those threads to make it clear that they have no interest in or understanding of the subject matter.

I find that really, really weird.

by Anonymousreply 234August 24, 2022 1:01 PM

R222. But according to a Meghan, Catherine got an easy time of it because she was white.

by Anonymousreply 235August 24, 2022 1:09 PM

What is fascinating about MM is how she harvests and clings to victimhood things. As well as has a self-feeding platform created by self-feeders.

It’s truly a study in psychology and SM.

by Anonymousreply 236August 24, 2022 1:20 PM

So Ms. Markle...How black is your baby after the Great Fire of 2018?

by Anonymousreply 237August 24, 2022 1:23 PM

She does give the appearance of yin and yang: strong woman on one hand, perpetual victim on the others. And seems equally content to bloviate about either.

by Anonymousreply 238August 24, 2022 1:36 PM

R238 Megham just wants to be like Viola.

by Anonymousreply 239August 24, 2022 1:46 PM

Miss me now?

by Anonymousreply 240August 24, 2022 1:46 PM

Kate should announce to the press that she would be willing to go on Meghan’s podcast. Meghan would be forced into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 241August 24, 2022 1:48 PM

But Marie Christine, my dear @ R241, in truest DL fashion, we want YOU to go on Megh's podcast! <3

by Anonymousreply 242August 24, 2022 1:53 PM

I'll go on it, R241. Clear the decks!

by Anonymousreply 243August 24, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]WTF is this expression: "lived experience"

It usually amounts to have nothing to do with a true experience, but rather the the paranoid and delusional interpretations of an actual experience that a more rational individual would be able to process in an erudite manner

by Anonymousreply 244August 24, 2022 2:08 PM

She is such a crock. I read the article at R155 and even according to MeAgain it was only the heater that caught fire, not even the room itself. The fire was put out before that happened, and Archie was not in the room because his nurse had him strapped to her and she'd gone to get a snack.

More to the point of the post, though, Kate was also made to feel that she was evilly ambitious when she married William. I've commented before that of course she was social climbing (which in this context is the same thing as vaunting ambition), because why else would anyone want the job? MeAgain was too, and if that was all it was, good luck to her. The reason she's a crock is not that she did it, but that she makes claims like this without acknowledging that exactly the same stuff was said for ages about Kate, who simply smiled and waved, looked adoringly at William, showed deference to the Queen and efficiently produced cute children, which eventually put her in everyone's good books. She worked for it against a tide of disapproval.

Meghan is a typical millennial type. She thinks she should be in a job several grades above her own even though she's just arrived, has no idea what the company does and is not prepared to work anyway because her status as not-CEO proves she is unvalued (or, evidently, "othered").

by Anonymousreply 245August 24, 2022 2:09 PM

Got to agree with R220. It's bizarre so many people fixate hate on this person.

I think they are British frauen who lived in a psychotic fantasy world that they would somehow meet and become "Mrs. Prince Harry". Same as old Poo used to be convinced that George Clooney was waiting to proclaim his love for her.

by Anonymousreply 246August 24, 2022 2:16 PM

I'm assuming Spotify is artificially amplifying to make it appear the podcast is a success. It's Number 2 on their top podcast list, but the actual episode is not on the top ten list for most listened episodes.

by Anonymousreply 247August 24, 2022 2:17 PM

Kate was endlessly mocked “Waitey Katie” and even more cruel was that her parents were dragged into it. It was continuously implied that they were lower middle class. Kate’s mom had been a stewardess “trolly dolly” they were vulgar when they started making money (party favors don’t you know) from their own business, etc.

by Anonymousreply 248August 24, 2022 2:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 24, 2022 2:21 PM

[quote]Got to agree with [R220]. It's bizarre so many people fixate hate on this person.

Not really. In the first place, she consciously did what Wallis Simpson did only reluctantly. (Wallis didn't really want to marry David, thus causing a fracture in the monarchy, but he insisted and put her in a situation where she couldn't back down). A big chunk of the public never forgave Wallis for that.

In the second place, Meghan keeps on and on courting disapproval. She has nothing to say and no authority, but she just will not shut up, and over and over the theme is what a terrible life she has, which shows a sociopathic lack of awareness of the lives most people (cough, her own parents and siblings, cough) live.

by Anonymousreply 250August 24, 2022 2:34 PM

People say the queen is a good mimic. I wonder if she is going around Buckingham Palace mentioning lived experiences, levels of thrive, and flaming space heaters in an American accent this morning.

by Anonymousreply 251August 24, 2022 2:37 PM

R220. Get a life. She’s just a ridiculous and dislikable person who volunteers almost daily for ridicule. It’s just fun. She doesn’t affect my life enough to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 252August 24, 2022 2:39 PM

Is “lived experience” the same as “my truth”?

by Anonymousreply 253August 24, 2022 2:41 PM

Yeah, well, it's tough all over, Meg.

by Anonymousreply 254August 24, 2022 2:42 PM

After the break, we'll ask Princess Henry and her husband, Prince Meghan: Why didn't they interrupt their wedding when their baby was on fire?

by Anonymousreply 255August 24, 2022 2:49 PM

It wasn’t her ambition that people despised. It is the fact that she is a narcissistic cunt who married Harry only because she is obsessed with his mother and wanted global fame.

by Anonymousreply 256August 24, 2022 2:56 PM

Read the Mail's reportage about Megs retelling of the "fire incident" in South Africa. A sane, sensible person would report "The space heater began smoking, and was quickly extinguished. Luckily, my son and his nanny were not in the room and are both fine."

And then there's Megs dramatic narcissism: "OH MY G0D!! My baby was suppose to be sleeping in there!!! OH MY GOD!! Everyone's in tears!! Everyone's shaken!!! And they force us to attend an official engagement!!! This doesn't make any sense'!"

I guess to someone with no concept of perspective or proportion, anything other than the spotlight focused solely on Megs simply "doesn't make any sense".

by Anonymousreply 257August 24, 2022 2:57 PM

Since Harry hears the voice of his mother talking to him, maybe Meghan should do a Spotify Seance Show where she contacts Diana. Now that I would tune in for.

by Anonymousreply 258August 24, 2022 3:03 PM

r258, she would just channel Diana's voice to tell Harry to lean into his truth or some other yogababble nonsense.

The worst thing about Meghan as far as I'm concerned is that she's so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 259August 24, 2022 3:09 PM

I am looking at the lived experience pic of Sparkles in the awful white hat, as opposed to the gauzy vintage one on the pod opener....don't worry dear, no one will notice your reality.

by Anonymousreply 260August 24, 2022 3:13 PM

Harry sees in Meghan what the BRF did to his mother.

by Anonymousreply 261August 24, 2022 3:17 PM

[quote] Harry sees in Meghan what the BRF did to his mother.

Inadequate plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 262August 24, 2022 3:19 PM

Meghan at Archie’s future sports days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263August 24, 2022 3:20 PM

That's just it: Meghan wants to be another Diana, but doesn't she realize what happens to the Dianas of the world?

by Anonymousreply 264August 24, 2022 3:21 PM

The Brits seem to be prejudice against any royal not marrying another royal. You can only have so many royals before they become inbred, you know, like the people they make fun of in the Appalachians. So in this country people make fun of those in the hills and how they are inbred and the Brits just want they Royals to be inbred. Ironic

by Anonymousreply 265August 24, 2022 3:22 PM

R265. Where on earth do you get this crap?

by Anonymousreply 266August 24, 2022 3:23 PM

Does everyone see how megain is now trying to turn GOLD DIGGING into AMBITION.

by Anonymousreply 267August 24, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote]Like, how totally bored do you have to be to be offended by some woman talking about mundane frustrations?

Then why is your judgy ass in this thread R220? Are you bored, stupid or both?

by Anonymousreply 268August 24, 2022 3:32 PM

The real Meghan that I got to know unfiltered through this podcast is so different from the Meghan I thought I knew.

by Anonymousreply 269August 24, 2022 3:36 PM

My opinion is that Megan for whatever reason does not understand the distinctions between British and American culture. Apparently she married into the British royal family without having interest or experience in how to be considerate to people from another culture because you might unintentionally (or even intentionally) cause them distress. People in the uk culture will consider her as being emotionally indulgently insensitive. it’s adaptive if you live on an island to avoid social situations that will put everybody in a crabs in a barrel scenario

I will never forget Harry’s vulnerability when he had to walk in public scrutinized by everyone including TV cameras when his mother died. The BRF are human beings and it’s actually very offensive when people forget that, even more so when the deliberately indifferent forgetting is as obvious as Megan‘s.

I know Diana was unpopular for being sentimental and emotional. But at least she made an effort to try to do good things and not spend 100% of her time complaining and explaining. she was also a very nurturing parent. I have not seen Megan being nurturing and comforting ever(and I must mention that both men and women can be nurturing parents this is not about her being female)

Whether one agrees with the constitutional monarchy form of government or not, and literally thousands of years of history in every type of government structure illustrates how ineffective and even dangerous it is for people in a society where royalty still exists or to complain or explain about anything that they do . does Megan even know what noblesse oblige means?

She’s isolating Harry by making choices to run her mouth in a nonconstructive way.

I feel that she’s conflating racism with classism. She thinks that this strict stratification of social classes based in the UK is about race and they are not, but that is my opinion. People from various genetic ancestries and skin tones go to the highest level public schools in England. Some of these individuals are enrolled at birth as I understand. There are people from China, Saudi Arabia, Spain, India, various countries on the African continent, pretty much anywhere that is the common wealth.

One of the most striking and interesting details about working with British people regularly as an American is to see how they constantly ask you questions about where you live who are you related to what jobs/careers your family members do etc.

For instance in the educational system if somebody teaches a class, the professor is many times nearly untouchable and uncontactable and very aloof. They will assign students to act as their proxy to keep the other students in line so there’s a hierarchy in everything that they do and the fact that she cannot understand it makes me think that she has some type of cognitive issue .

by Anonymousreply 270August 24, 2022 3:45 PM

Well, as you said, it's a completely different culture that just happens to speak the same language. She's from California, a much more casual, laid back place, and she had spent a decade as a struggling actress trying to get noticed so attention-seeking was ingrained behavior. She didn't spend much time with Harry before they were engaged and didn't make the effort to understand how royal life worked.

by Anonymousreply 271August 24, 2022 4:06 PM

[quote] Got to agree with [R220]. It's bizarre so many people fixate hate on this person.

[quote]I think they are British frauen who lived in a psychotic fantasy world that they would somehow meet and become "Mrs. Prince Harry". Same as old Poo used to be convinced that George Clooney was waiting to proclaim his love for her.

R246 has got to be the most clueless and least perceptive person on the planet.

Markle rivals Trump in her narcissism, vengefulness and sociopathy. Thankfully, she isn’t POTUS, but that doesn’t stop her from calling US Senators (on their private lines, no less - and in Shelly Capito’s case - then refuse to give out HER private number when Shelly’s aides ask to call Markle back.)

Perhaps R220 is a wolf in sheep’s clothing: one of the delusion frauen who surreptitiously supports Markle and uses the excuse of “waycist” when anyone dares mention Markle’s abhorrent behaviour. These individuals are reminiscent of the Qanon/January 6th lawbreakers living in “psychotic fantasy worlds”.

by Anonymousreply 272August 24, 2022 4:06 PM

Only racists hate on Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 273August 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Wen dem say scam, I no sure say dem even know di meaning of scam because di word is very wrong to use in dis context, first of all, I no be online store, I get royal connects no be only for Murica, I get for Ingland, and Canada, and I dey go city tours, so e no dey possible say you go buy sometin but you dey see me every day I dey show up everyday, my palace dey open.

by Anonymousreply 274August 24, 2022 4:16 PM

What a snarkfest this podcast series is going to produce. The guest list is mostly female comedians of color--were they trying to do some theme and then shoehorned in the two biggish names who are apparently part of her friend group (Serena W. and Gloria Steinem)?

If she could wedge in all her personal stories while talking to Serena Williams, you know that the sessions with the no-name women are going to be even more about herself.

by Anonymousreply 275August 24, 2022 4:17 PM

R271 yes. It interesting how in the USA people will actually consider someone as lazy or slacking if they don’t state their plans to improve their lives by listing their activities, how many hours they work, outcomes, ROI, efficiency etc.

In many other cultures ( not just the uk ) this is considered a form of bragging and is considered wrong . The most accomplished people will say things like “I just dabble in my interests” or “I’ve done this a time or two”to make sure to under emphasize ambition

There’s a phrase in the UK “don’t be a tall poppy “

by Anonymousreply 276August 24, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote]Only racists hate on Meghan.

This is interesting. The whole racist argument has become transformed into the Racist Accusers being guilty of actual racism themselves. These people absolve and excuse heinous actions based solely on skin colour.

The racist cries have become a non-entity. People have tired of the moniker being used to club folks repeatedly and used as a shield so that the accusation of racism has become essentially nullified.

by Anonymousreply 277August 24, 2022 4:22 PM

To her credit, having the Zimbabwean nanny carry Archie out of harm's way in a mud cloth was icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 278August 24, 2022 4:24 PM

R270, the problem with Meghan isn't that she didn't understand differences between British and American culture.

The problem with her is, she does understand but didn't give a fuck as the only thing she's interested in is fame, cash, power, and adulation. When she married Harry, she got the fame --- but she didn't get cash and power since that's not what being married to the 6th in line to the throne is about, and she didn't get adulation either because people saw what she's really after rather soon. Plus, it was her and Harry's plan to bolt from the start anyway, remember they've been talking to Oprah and the likes about TV interviews already before the wedding. You know, the one that cost about 35 million Pounds and they were eager to have so they could have their Hollywood Prince and Princess wedding spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 279August 24, 2022 4:28 PM

R278, I guess the nanny had to carry him around like that all the time, even when they had time to engage with him. They probably couldn't be bothered with Archie crying, like any baby at that age constantly does.

Tells you pretty much everything about Harry and Meghan being hands-on parents.

Does Lilibet even recognize them when they fetch her for another photo op?

by Anonymousreply 280August 24, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote] There’s a phrase in the UK “don’t be a tall poppy “

The phrase exists in Australia too. In Japan is the mail that sticks up.

R276 Your point that in the US one states your plans is interesting. It's perhaps the only country where this is so.

As a new country intent on individualism and where anyone can be anyone is the mantra, everyone tries to stand out in the US. You're expected to make something of yourself. Do something different. Be you.

This does not go over well in more traditional societies.

by Anonymousreply 281August 24, 2022 4:35 PM

Nail * not mail ^

by Anonymousreply 282August 24, 2022 4:36 PM

What an insightful comment R273. Thanks for taking time from your busy, busy day to share that.

by Anonymousreply 283August 24, 2022 4:50 PM

Thank you R269.

You like me! You really, really like me!

by Anonymousreply 284August 24, 2022 4:55 PM

I’m one of those who believe Meghan had no intention of living in Royal Life. She married Harry for the title and attention. She took one look at the lifestyle (ie she wouldn’t be calling the shots) and started her plan to move back to California.

It’s funny that as an actress she took direction (stand here, go over there, emote more) but refused to be told what to do by the BRF.

And one of the lesser royals is married to actress Sophie Winkleman, so really marrying an actress had already been done.

by Anonymousreply 285August 24, 2022 5:00 PM

"I find it really weird that somebody who doesn't care about the royal family and can't understand why anybody would dislike Harry or Meghan finds themselves again and again not just reading threads about both, but commenting on those threads to make it clear that they have no interest in or understanding of the subject matter."

R234: They don't get paid otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 286August 24, 2022 5:09 PM

Here's my assessment on Meghan:

It's already known that even while being "seriously" involved with Cory Vitiello in Toronto, she was already putting out feelers for a wealthy British husband as her time on Suits was coming to an end and her acting career was effectively stalled. She was also desperate to get into the UK tabloid press. She saw her future in the UK for whatever reason.

When she met Harry (whom she knew nothing about...laugh), it was basically deal sealed from day one. Now, I won't say she only was interested in Harry for his title and wealth and the fame she would garner from being with him, I will say Harry is so dumb and petulant, I can't see why anyone would half a brain cell would want to be with him.

When she married into the royal family, she expected to be able to call the shots "ambitiously" ignorant of the strict hierarchy that monarchy is based in. As the wife of the sixth in line to the throne, she was low down on the pecking order. It's been reported that Meghan wanted to "modernize" the situation, which again in her mind meant being the star. I also believe to her modernization meant moving the monarchy into a more activist mindset forgetting (or ignoring) the reality the monarchy is meant to be an apolitical service organization.

Her ego simply couldn't not handle being a low fiddle it's as simple as that and she managed to stoke up Prince Harry who was already growing frustrated at his ever decreasing importance within the firm. Meghan's fatal mistake, however, was not understanding that royalty is not celebrity. Yes, the press is obsessed with the royals private lives but the reality is despite the palaces and staff, royal life is dull, tedious, rigid, and actually somewhat middle class. Many of the Palaces are actually shabby by Hollywood standards, and outside of the Queen and Charles, most of the royals are housed together in larger "royal apartments" like Kensington Palace.

The funny thing is, Harry and Meghan could have actually purchased their own home if they had wanted to but allegedly, Harry didn't have the money.

by Anonymousreply 287August 24, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote]This gal and hub just feed off of perceived victimhood.

I’m not sure they are truly aware of it but she and Harry have made victimhood their brand. And, to grow their brand they will have to keep sharing new examples of how they were victimized. Very Gen Z and they are the demographic that seem to support her the most. But just because the younger folks root for her doesn’t mean they will tune in to hear her boring show.

by Anonymousreply 288August 24, 2022 5:09 PM

The “younger generation” views them as middle-aged parents of little kids. Harry is a balding corporate type who gives speeches and plays polo. Meghan is a nagging mommy.

by Anonymousreply 289August 24, 2022 5:19 PM

I can't wait to see how Megz tries to reflect herself in Mariah Carey's real struggles next week. While I'm not Mariah's biggest fan, she is a true self-made woman, who actually grew up in poverty, never denied her racial heritage, and worked her ass off to the point of a mental breakdown and became a huge success. Sadly though, her appearing on Meghan's podcast basically shows how her relevancy has faded drastically in recent years. If she still mattered, she'd be on Hillary's or Michelle's new shows.

by Anonymousreply 290August 24, 2022 5:21 PM

R234, you wouldn't understand because they live rent free in your head. A GAY message board has been invaded by British fraucunts with multiple threads daily with fraus like you imagining her thoughts and intentions and creating a villainous mastermind like Dr. Evil that some doesn't exist.

If you'd quit reading gossip rags with stories about her than they might get a clue they she's not selling. As long as you obsess about her the more she'll be around to incite your hate. Maybe that's the attraction for you though.

I come here to laugh my ass off at you guys. I don't give a shit about either one of your obsessions.

by Anonymousreply 291August 24, 2022 5:22 PM

Remember that bullshit when she pretended to have lunch with Michelle Obama…but turns out she was having a salad while talking to Michelle on the phone?

A royal reporter who was on the SA trip where Archie almost DIED! By fire in “heater” Threw some great shade saying: I never heard about this fire. I remember it being a sunny and very warm trip. In other words: no way did they need a “heater.”

Her self -aggrandizing fibs are so easily exposed. WTH is wrong with her? Serious question for DL analysts.

by Anonymousreply 292August 24, 2022 5:37 PM

In DL terms, she is a master EST.

by Anonymousreply 293August 24, 2022 5:40 PM

R292: Seriously, you have your answer in the preceding 291 responses on this thread.

She and the truth are strangers to each another and everyone recognizes it except her.

by Anonymousreply 294August 24, 2022 5:40 PM

pardon my typos at R291.

by Anonymousreply 295August 24, 2022 6:07 PM

[quote]does Megan even know what noblesse oblige means?

It's a French perfume. Mom wears it. Next question.

by Anonymousreply 296August 24, 2022 6:27 PM

Mud cloth is a quite heavy, stiff fabric, dyed with mud in a resist treatment. The fabric used for baby slings is brightly colored and printed lightweight cotton thst can be wound around and knotted. I don't believe the little potato headed child was toted around in "mud cloth."

by Anonymousreply 297August 24, 2022 6:30 PM

[quote]One of the most striking and interesting details about working with British people regularly as an American is to see how they constantly ask you questions about where you live who are you related to what jobs/careers your family members do etc.

As they should.

by Anonymousreply 298August 24, 2022 6:30 PM

R293, you described her antics perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 299August 24, 2022 6:31 PM

R297, if there was a Givenchy label on it, Meghan had to have it.

by Anonymousreply 300August 24, 2022 6:32 PM

I have to say I'm dying laughing at the response by Meghan's die hard fans who believe the fire (aka the heater with some dust on it) was prove that the Queen and Prince William wanted to kill Archie.....lets be real if the Queen wanted someone dead .... it wouldn't have been Archie.........

by Anonymousreply 301August 24, 2022 6:41 PM

It's amazing that Meghan was obsessed with Diana and studied her, yet didn't make the effort to understand how royal life worked.

by Anonymousreply 302August 24, 2022 6:43 PM

Harry's book seems likely to be pushed back to 2023. Allegedly he and the publisher are getting "cold feet" about some of the "truth bombs." Reading between the lines, the publisher is likely worried about legal and/or credibility damage should the book appear not to have been fact checked and filled with "subjective truths." Harry is also reportedly reluctant to tour. Again reading between the lines, it's likely his people are concerned about low ticket sales to official events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 24, 2022 6:50 PM

Truth bomb: Harry really isn’t Charles’ son. 😂

Meghan would be on the phone to a divorce lawyer in an hour.

by Anonymousreply 304August 24, 2022 6:57 PM

Dear Meghan, I do hope she buckles up. One would so hate for another unfortunate accident to occur.

by Anonymousreply 305August 24, 2022 7:00 PM

"I gave up my figure for this fuckwit's spawn!!! ... Is there any way of retroactively aborting the two leeches?"

by Anonymousreply 306August 24, 2022 7:04 PM

So this podcast is her "life of service"? The dear girl is really changing the world for good. It makes the bananagrams for sex workers pale by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 307August 24, 2022 7:04 PM

[quote]Is there any way of retroactively aborting the two leeches?

Give me a call.

by Anonymousreply 308August 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Of course his book was pushed back. They all thought the Queen would be dead by now, and you can’t slander the dead.

There may also be some tidbits about her favorite child, Andrew, and she wouldn’t like to hear about those.

Penguin RandomHouse is getting scared. Lawyers cost money.

by Anonymousreply 309August 24, 2022 7:24 PM

Like, how totally bored do you have to be to be offended by some woman talking about mundane frustrations?

It's a personal grudge. My affirmation banana said TRY HARDER.

by Anonymousreply 310August 24, 2022 7:28 PM

How weird is it that all posts between R295 and R310 are missing. That means some lunatic is posting non-stop or a clutch of frauen are obsessing over one thing and it's that time of the evening in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 311August 24, 2022 7:38 PM

Only idiots use the expression “hate on”, R273.

by Anonymousreply 312August 24, 2022 7:45 PM

Ambition makes me think of one or another form of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 24, 2022 8:00 PM

"I was made to feel ambition was...." well at least this college educated girl is a master of the passive causative. Lots of people fall for this rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 314August 24, 2022 8:01 PM

A heater began to smoke.....

so there wasn't a fire at all.

by Anonymousreply 315August 24, 2022 8:21 PM

It’s been a day since this information was made public and I’m still waiting for someone other than Princess Pinocchio to confirm that there was a fire in the nursery.

So far, crickets.

by Anonymousreply 316August 24, 2022 8:53 PM

There's no point anyone else wading into this story about the fire. Meghan has her 'truth'. She can twist the narrative any way she wants. It's how she 'felt' at the time and since.

Any criticism of her is categorised as misogynistic, racist or jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 317August 24, 2022 8:59 PM

r310 The problem is she expects us to regard her as something much more than some woman.

by Anonymousreply 318August 24, 2022 9:56 PM

She's just a basic LA climber.

by Anonymousreply 319August 24, 2022 10:37 PM

Lady Bountiful personified.

by Anonymousreply 320August 24, 2022 10:41 PM

Meghan's cheerleader Omid "new face" has declared in his latest Yahoo article (one I can't post because DL considers Yahoo to be an unreliable source) that Meghan is leading a movement!

Given the amount of bullshit she's spewed over the years, I guess the movement she is leading is a bowel movement.

by Anonymousreply 321August 24, 2022 10:41 PM

Royal Editor Robert Jobson who has been something of a soft cheerleader for Meghan and Harry calls BS on her fire story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 24, 2022 10:44 PM

____

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 24, 2022 10:46 PM

It’s amazing sibling jealousy lasts a lifetime. My old man bro is like that.

by Anonymousreply 324August 24, 2022 11:24 PM

Karma is a bitch indeed.

Archie looks a lot like Thomas Markle. And jugding by the few pics we've got, Lilibet is a carbon copy of Sam.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 325August 24, 2022 11:26 PM

I wish I were still alive. I'd do an episode.

by Anonymousreply 326August 24, 2022 11:36 PM

My gawd, could you imagine Joan Rivers going at Meghan!? That would be must see tv!

by Anonymousreply 327August 24, 2022 11:38 PM

Joan was a starfucker. She’d have sucked right up but I’d listen :)

by Anonymousreply 328August 24, 2022 11:42 PM

No, Rivers would not have appeared with Markle and Rivers was the kind of entertainer who would attend the opening of an envelope.

Rivers was a favorite entertainer of Charles and Camilla. She was invited to, and attended, their wedding. Rivers rarely poked fun of the Royals, and when she did, it was mild.

She'd have made mean, comical mincemeat of the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 329August 25, 2022 12:04 AM

It wasn't a fire. It was a con...flagration.

by Anonymousreply 330August 25, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]She'd have made mean, comical mincemeat of the Sussexes.

of course, that's why I wish she was still alive to do so.

by Anonymousreply 331August 25, 2022 12:10 AM

Is this tedious bitch ever not claiming to be a victim??

by Anonymousreply 332August 25, 2022 12:11 AM

R329 Obviously Charles never heard the recording of Joan in her show “What Becomes a Semi Legend Most”!

by Anonymousreply 333August 25, 2022 12:30 AM

Allegedly, the head of Archewell audio liked a bunch of mean tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334August 25, 2022 12:55 AM

That's interesting that she's hiring sugars. I suppose it's not surprising, she does give every impression of being unable to tolerate anything less than total compliance, but it doesn't strike me as the smartest or most professional move to hire someone who gets down and dirty in the Twitter muck like this. She's always trying to look royal and this ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 335August 25, 2022 1:05 AM

[quote]Like, how totally bored do you have to be to be offended by some woman talking about mundane frustrations? It's a personal grudge. My affirmation banana said TRY HARDER.

I don't know, R310, how bored do you have to be to be offended by some DLers talking about a celeb? It's a personal grudge on your part and as I always say to the stans that like to drop in with their low IQ drivel, if you think judging and shit talking strangers on the internet is only for low class scum, your first step to remedying that should be ceasing to judge and shit talk strangers on the internet.

Be the change you want to see in the world. At least the person we're judging actually puts herself, her life and her opinions out there constantly and publicly, inviting comment from the rabble (which is us - but also you, dear).

by Anonymousreply 336August 25, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote] She's always trying to look royal and this ain't it.

Where have you been since 2018? Markle is the antithesis of royal. She’s the anti-royal. (Trashy in all sorts of ways). This is par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 337August 25, 2022 1:11 AM

I've been here, R337. I didn't say she succeeds in looking royal - in fact she has a unique talent for achieving the exact opposite of what she sets out to. But she does try, in her way, to seem royal. That's what clinging to the titles is about. I'M ROYAL, PEASANTS!

by Anonymousreply 338August 25, 2022 1:49 AM

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.”

by Anonymousreply 339August 25, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote] I've been here, [R337]. I didn't say she succeeds in looking royal - in fact she has a unique talent for achieving the exact opposite of what she sets out to. But she does try, in her way, to seem royal. That's what clinging to the titles is about. I'M ROYAL, PEASANTS!

Thanks, I get it. She’s opportunistic, grossly base and vapidly narcissistic so much so that she veers close to psychopathy (as many malignant narcs do). Plus she inevitably looks a mess in her appearances.

She’s gross. And hanging on to the DoS title with the claw-like grip that she’s renowned for.

What an embarrassment to the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 340August 25, 2022 2:09 AM

What WILL make her happy and contented?

by Anonymousreply 341August 25, 2022 3:02 AM

Constant chaos and excitement, attention - whether positive or negative. See DJT

by Anonymousreply 342August 25, 2022 3:05 AM

I think she gets a real rush out of hurting people - whether kicking down (abusing staff and family etc.) or getting revenge on rivals (stay away, Kate and Charlotte!)

by Anonymousreply 343August 25, 2022 3:06 AM

Or gluing her sorority sisters eyelashes together with superglue, putting their sight at risk.

by Anonymousreply 344August 25, 2022 3:26 AM

I wonder if she'll try acting again.

by Anonymousreply 345August 25, 2022 3:36 AM

R292 I am not an analyst, but I play one on TV.

No, but seriously. I was married to a 100% Italian, male version of Meghan.

It was pure torture. I won’t go into it, it is just too much. But, she is a carbon copy of him to the point where I have accurately predicted things she ended up doing.

He was a pathological liar, just as she is.

He would lie for absolutely no reason. And it would not be a small lie, it would be convoluted and over the top. Just like her.

Now, the difference is, he was a big scary man. Picture a dark-haired, good-looking Italian DJT. He was big in stature like that, but fit and in shape, and extremely intimidating. So no one (very few people) ever stood up to him. He would just lie & people would pretend to believe him.

Here is our Big Lie.

I gave birth to my 2nd child in the bathroom by myself. Emergency, not planned. Very long story. But…he was sound asleep & slept through it all, until I had to scream —- Call 911 ! & while he was on the phone, the baby was born.

After we got to a room in the hospital, as I was still in shock, lying there, watching the nurses clean the baby and check all her vitals —- that piece of shit was on the phone. Calling every fucking person we knew, telling them that HE DELIVERED THE BABY in our bathroom.

Swear to God, on my Dad’s honor (he was a vet) — I am not making this up. If anyone wants more truly unbelievable tales from 20 years w/this animal, just ask me.

But, that is how pathetic, low and positively diabolical their ability to lie is.

Think about what he did to me.He took away my most powerful and proud moment and made it ALL ABOUT HIM.

2 years later I left him & I told every fucking person (who I hadn’t told already) about what he did, how he lied about our baby’s birth.

Not one person doubted me. Even his own mother.

by Anonymousreply 346August 25, 2022 3:38 AM

Is that satire R346 because if not, wow, are you lost.

by Anonymousreply 347August 25, 2022 3:44 AM

I mean, why? It is an analysis of meg. by using my ex who suffered from BPD and NPD. He was exactly like meg. Does me being a straight female invalidate my story?

Good God, now look what you made me do, I sound just like HER.

Eesh. I don’t get it

by Anonymousreply 348August 25, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote] I think she gets a real rush out of hurting people - whether kicking down (abusing staff and family etc.) or getting revenge on rivals (stay away, Kate and Charlotte!)

Indeed. This with R346 ‘s description of pathological lying just for the hell of it = PSYCHOPATHY.

by Anonymousreply 349August 25, 2022 4:08 AM

R348 I can't see R347's post. I only have the Klan Granny troll and 2 pro-Russian trolls on block, so it's one of them trying to get a rise out of you. Ignore them. Your story is very shocking and I'm glad you got the fuck away from your ex.

It's interesting to me how little sympathy I have for Harry. He's so unlikable that even knowing he's being eaten alive by a personality disordered nightmare isn't quite enough to make me feel sad for him.

by Anonymousreply 350August 25, 2022 4:11 AM

R349 and R350 thank you

by Anonymousreply 351August 25, 2022 4:49 AM

I won't bore you with too many of the excrutiating details concerning my ex, the guy that I picked. Now validate me. ME.

by Anonymousreply 352August 25, 2022 4:59 AM

r341 complete adulation and being worshipped . Without any criticism of course . But that's not how life works so she'll never be happy and she'll make everyone miserable because nobody is allowed to be happy if she is not .

by Anonymousreply 353August 25, 2022 8:03 AM

I can confirm that R347 indeed is the Markle fancunt, one of her dozens of accounts respectively, as I've got her on ignore, too.

by Anonymousreply 354August 25, 2022 9:52 AM

So this life affirming podcast about strong women has ended up with the host speaking about herself 61% of the time and the follow on discussions in social media being about a fictional fire? What a success!

by Anonymousreply 355August 25, 2022 11:06 AM

Did you guys know that there was a fourth person who spoke in that podcast? Meghan allowed Harry to pop in and talk about a black woman’s hair, and then she allowed a PhD professor to say a few words about gender and ambition in the workplace.

But the two egos with a four-year degree between them yammered on about their mommy horrors.

by Anonymousreply 356August 25, 2022 11:52 AM

“I was made to feel ambition was a terrible thing when dating Harry.”

So’s lying about your past, your family, using then ghosting friends, and the predictably shitty way you treat people, Meg.

And those terrible things don’t seem to bother you at all.

by Anonymousreply 357August 25, 2022 12:31 PM

[quote]I can't see [R347]'s post. I only have the Klan Granny troll and 2 pro-Russian trolls on block

They are neither.

You're just mad because they made fun of you a few times on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 358August 25, 2022 12:40 PM

Are threre really TWELVE of these?

Oh...my.

by Anonymousreply 359August 25, 2022 12:55 PM

R352 You and whomever voted for your post are worse than Meghan and Harry.

I met him at 19.

He was an abuser and a gas lighter.

But blame his defects on a teenager who didn't know better.

I imagine you lot are the ones who suck Charles balls and call Diana a ho.

Your own misery and self-loathing are glaringly obvious.

JFC. A person asked WHY DOES MEGHAN KEEP LYING IN SUCH AN OUTRAGEOUS FASHION?

If you don't like my answer. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 360August 25, 2022 1:14 PM

And furthermore.

I have been pretty much everywhere in the web, never the dark web, but it's probably a better place than this cesspool.

There is nowhere on the web as bitter, ugly & hateful as this site.

Not a good look.

Keep posting about your non existent love life * shitty hookups. I'm sure that will make it all better.

Jesus. What did your mothers do to you for you to have such hatred for an anonymous woman.

by Anonymousreply 361August 25, 2022 1:19 PM

^^^^^ An “anonymous woman” ???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What did your mother do to you to make you stan for such a transparently narcissistic fabulist?

by Anonymousreply 362August 25, 2022 1:31 PM

[quote] so she'll never be happy and she'll make everyone miserable because nobody is allowed to be happy if she is not.

Megs will never be happy because narcissists don't possess that emotion. They don't possess any emotion except that which they have learned via observation. Much like psychopaths learn to replicate the human emotions of which they are devoid. It's one of the main reasons for Megs overdramatization of every emotional issue. When you don't feel, you can't regulate your feelings. Therefore, every situation becomes overdramatized, over-exagerated, self-serving and, finally, extremely uncomfortable because Megs needs complete control of "the unknown", the emotional component of any situation of which she is completely clueless. You can see it in her facial expressions, especially her uncomfortable grimaces, smirks and smugness, which are due to her complete bewilderment of the emotional world around her. Like all psychopaths, the ONLY time Megs feels completely safe is when she is in total control. But happy? Never. Her entire 41 years has been one very long and very vocal grudge against a world she cannot and will never understand. In the end, Megs is someone to be pitied, not ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 363August 25, 2022 1:48 PM

R362 Huh? I was not stanning for her. Wow, do you know how to read?

by Anonymousreply 364August 25, 2022 1:50 PM

R356

You should really be happy this Kray woman wasn’t on longer. When I watched this, I thought there was a playback error the first few seconds.

Her face is…uncanny? Horrifying? Paula Deen on fentanyl?

And the words…nothing but regurgitated vomitrocious word salad a la Le Markle.

It is not a shock that Kray decided to work with Cray Cray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365August 25, 2022 1:56 PM

She did 61% of the talking, she is so full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 366August 25, 2022 1:56 PM

*smooches* to r361

by Anonymousreply 367August 25, 2022 1:59 PM

r356 Harry's pop ins are no accident, she knows that she needs him for legitimacy so she has him do a pop in because she knows that will get headlines.

by Anonymousreply 368August 25, 2022 2:02 PM

there's some crazy ass straight cunts on this site trying to take over and make this some royal rag gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 369August 25, 2022 2:11 PM

That long hair looks like some cheap ass extensions, the other hair looks uneven next to the longer pieces

by Anonymousreply 370August 25, 2022 2:55 PM

Honestly if these two had half a brain, they would cancel their trip to the UK next month. I know their trip is going to be very staged so they public doesn't have the opportunity to boo them like at the jubilee, but it's clear the brits are done with them.

by Anonymousreply 371August 25, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote] Meghan allowed Harry to pop in and talk about a black woman’s hair,

That's a refreshing topic no one hears enough about!

by Anonymousreply 372August 25, 2022 3:09 PM

#Megain

trending now on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 373August 25, 2022 3:16 PM

I don't know about in the US, but in the UK, Canada, Australia and NZ, the reviews for Meghan's podcast are almost universally scathing.

by Anonymousreply 374August 25, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote]Meghan's cheerleader Omid "new face" has declared in his latest Yahoo article (one I can't post because DL considers Yahoo to be an unreliable source) that Meghan is leading a movement!

Given the amount of bullshit she's spewed over the years, I guess the movement she is leading is a bowel movement.

Leading from behind.

by Anonymousreply 375August 25, 2022 3:39 PM

The same here in the U.S., r374.

by Anonymousreply 376August 25, 2022 3:41 PM

R361 no wonder you can't keep a job, even as you wave goodbye to middle age. You're another garden variety angry narcissist who must steer every topic to your limited experience . Fact is we've been here since 2017 Dangling Tendrils and will somehow survive your rage and chaos.

by Anonymousreply 377August 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Except for CBS. Yesterday CBS Mornings did a long, hagiographic feature on poor, brave Meg and her honesty in opening up about her travails in her new podcast. It was repeated on the local flagship CBS affiliate on every local newscast all day here in NYC. It was bewildering, disgusting and blatantly dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 378August 25, 2022 3:47 PM

I thought I would check out the podcast for myself, out of curiosity and with an open mind. But she starts right in with that detergent story and dear GOD is the delivery annoying - in every way you’ve heard, and then some. After three minutes I was out, it was unlistenable. To be fair, I’m not her audience. I imagine some young frauen will like this plucky female empowerment stuff. Mazel tov, Meg, is all I can say.

by Anonymousreply 379August 25, 2022 3:58 PM

Fuck off, Bitch.

Damn is there anyone with less self-awareness than this obnoxious, useless bitch. She is no better than any Kardashian. Just missing the videotape.

by Anonymousreply 380August 25, 2022 4:00 PM

I can hear Spotify staffers snickers and exaggerated impressions of The Duchess all the way up here in N. California. I suspect it won't be long before stories start coming out like the one posted by a Redditor who was privy to information about Pearl's development stages at NF cartoons before the project was axed.

by Anonymousreply 381August 25, 2022 4:17 PM

r378 Honestly I believe in a free press and media but its really no wonder many are losing faith in the mainstream media with their blatant dishonest propaganda. It's actually potentially really dangerous if too many people end up disbelieving the news media.

Also if Meghan has backers , fantasising she is going to have a breakthrough moment and leadca movement as Omid says then they need to face facts, save their money and stop backing the dud Meghan Markle. She is not a revolutionary, she is a phony greedy elitist wannabee.

by Anonymousreply 382August 25, 2022 4:37 PM

I honestly found the I married an Italian and had a baby on the bathroom floor story really, really boring. Just garden variety lower class usual.

by Anonymousreply 383August 25, 2022 4:43 PM

how does one insult someone if that person has you on ignore?

by Anonymousreply 384August 25, 2022 4:50 PM

Please explain?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385August 25, 2022 5:12 PM

R385, I cannot.

It is temporary, I’m sure. People are listening because it’s novel and hyped and everyone has to hear it for themselves; were the reviewers exaggerating? What does Serena have to say?

by Anonymousreply 386August 25, 2022 5:16 PM

"I was made to feel..." rather than "I felt..." How typically NPD to place responsibility for her feelings on others.

On top of the 61/39 split dominating the conversion with Serena, I'm curious how many times she used the first person. The count must be through the roof!

I'm very curious how the interview with Mariah will unfold. She had a hard childhood through young adulthood and was married to that crazy control freak Tommy Motolla. She has a lot to talk about that women can identify with and she made her way up through talent and determination from extremely humble conditions and with little support. Meghan redirecting Mariah's responses back to herself will make her look even worse than in Serena's podcast. I assume the vast majority of people listening in the U.S. will be Mariah fans who have matured and have some life experience. Does not bode well if they want to hear from Mariah and get wall-to-wall Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 387August 25, 2022 5:25 PM

Mariah is a tough cookie and nobody's fool.

by Anonymousreply 388August 25, 2022 5:27 PM

R387, Mariah is the only guest who might convince me to listen. She’s absolutely bonkers, but I don’t think she’s down with all the word salad and woke buzzwords. I’d actually love to hear her speak seriously about her experience as a woman!

Sadly, she might not be able to wedge in more than a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 389August 25, 2022 5:33 PM

One must assume that Mariah interview will only be broadcast if Mariah is civil to the Duchess, or rather, doesn't shade or eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 390August 25, 2022 5:43 PM

Meghan probably set the nursery “fire” herself in an attempt to launch a remake of Susan Slade.

by Anonymousreply 391August 25, 2022 5:51 PM

Can anyone really *make* you feel something? I’m speaking internally, not like someone hitting you in the head with a hammer.

by Anonymousreply 392August 25, 2022 5:53 PM

Mariah can say whatever she wants but Meghan will control how its edited.

by Anonymousreply 393August 25, 2022 6:02 PM

Will Mariah and Meghan sing a duet that will be hilariously interrupted by Harry using his new tagline, "That's a great vibe!"?

by Anonymousreply 394August 25, 2022 6:14 PM

The real tell is episode two, not episode one.

by Anonymousreply 395August 25, 2022 6:17 PM

Why on earth would Mariah Carey agree to be on this?

by Anonymousreply 396August 25, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote] Can anyone really *make* you feel something? I’m speaking internally, not like someone hitting you in the head with a hammer.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” — credited to Eleanor Roosevelt

by Anonymousreply 397August 25, 2022 6:51 PM

R396, I can’t figure that out, either! All of the other guests that we’ve heard about are woke progressive types with a political agenda.

Mariah is a head-scratcher. She’s not a strident feminist and I can’t picture her holding a political opinion for longer than she’d hold a butterfly. That’s the reason I might actually listen.

by Anonymousreply 398August 25, 2022 6:55 PM

What fuckery was used to put this steaming hot pile of shit podcast at number one? You just know she is going to demand to be introduced as "executive producer of the number one podcast in the world!"

by Anonymousreply 399August 25, 2022 7:27 PM

R399 - Ratings for the second podcast will be the true indication of its worth.

by Anonymousreply 400August 25, 2022 7:30 PM

It’s obvious Meghan and Mariah will be discussing the term diva…

by Anonymousreply 401August 25, 2022 7:30 PM

Its possible Mariah is out of the loop and thinks Meghan is some kind of popular and big deal celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 402August 25, 2022 7:40 PM

Nobody asked how I feel.

by Anonymousreply 403August 25, 2022 7:43 PM

Harry has been with Nacho playing polo. I wonder how much actually goes to "charity"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 25, 2022 7:47 PM

OT sorta but not really.

Sophie puts a quick end to Meghan's antics with her husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 25, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote] Mariah is a head-scratcher. She’s not a strident feminist and I can’t picture her holding a political opinion for longer than she’d hold a butterfly. That’s the reason I might actually listen.

Don’t have the information at my fingertips, R398, but apparently there is a connection. Mariah is slated to sing at one of The Harkles appearances. Is is OYW? Or something else. If I have the opportunity to research, I’ll come back with more...

[quote] It is temporary, I’m sure. People are listening because it’s novel and hyped and everyone has to hear it for themselves; were the reviewers exaggerating? What does Serena have to say?

The interview up in the ratings is not surprising. It’s a novelty and has been over-hyped and delayed. (Although Spotify did not seem to promote it much. Curious.)

Mariah’s episode could be interesting as noted above. But lest us not forget, Markle is incapable of playing the long game. Wait until November. We’ll have a better idea of where things stand. And I highly suspect people (listeners, critics, journalists and interviewees) will tire of her over-the-top narcissism and psychopathy by the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 406August 25, 2022 7:57 PM

Don't think that link at R405 worked. It's funny so I'll try again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 25, 2022 8:02 PM

What is funnier is watching her barrel through the chairs to get in front of Sophie.

by Anonymousreply 408August 25, 2022 8:07 PM

Come on now, use your brains. Did you notice that Serena Williams, world-wide sports figure who is retiring ANY MINUTE NOW, was the main attraction?

by Anonymousreply 409August 25, 2022 9:31 PM

I bet there's a new, obvious lie in store for each episode as well as a disingenuous Harry "impromptu pop in".

by Anonymousreply 410August 25, 2022 10:04 PM

Lipstick Alley went into collective rapture over the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 411August 25, 2022 10:20 PM

I'm curious to see what happens with future episodes. Mariah carey is the second guest, so she'll probably get good ratings again. but thereafter the quality of guests declines tremendously: will America's frauen really want to hear Margaret Cho tell Meghan about when she was fisted by a lesbian dwarf?

by Anonymousreply 412August 25, 2022 10:22 PM

The second episode will do really well ratings wise because of Mariah, but after that it will only be the media and the die hard fans who tune in.

by Anonymousreply 413August 25, 2022 10:25 PM

I predict she will be ambitious enough to demand a raise before the ratings freefall...

by Anonymousreply 414August 25, 2022 11:12 PM

The Margaret Cho one will be about “Dragon Lady” stereotype. There was a clip of someone talking about how it’s an anti-Asian stereotype.

LOL of course.

by Anonymousreply 415August 25, 2022 11:19 PM

Stereotypes on Archetypes: more ratings gold!

by Anonymousreply 416August 25, 2022 11:22 PM

It sounds like it should be called "I am a Victim."

by Anonymousreply 417August 25, 2022 11:27 PM

I can’t wait for the next podcast to read what her big reveal to the public is.

It’ll be hard to top a nursery fire but I’m sure she’ll think of something.

by Anonymousreply 418August 25, 2022 11:27 PM

Markle is becoming the poster child for her cries of being a PRIVILEGED VICTIM!

Am over her lazy, spoiled, bum doing nothing short of diverting attention her way and crying “victim” incessantly.

The woman is absolutely clueless and quickly becoming the female equivalent of Trump (w/o his reach as 45).

by Anonymousreply 419August 25, 2022 11:40 PM

Living in Montecito, she'll be able to milk fire drama stories for years to come. "Harry and I called out through the smoke for Lilibet as California burned around us, not realizing that our wonderful Guatemalan laundress, Carina, had carried her to safety in her traditional woven basket! Needless to say we all cancelled our engagements for the next month, except for Carina, of course."

by Anonymousreply 420August 25, 2022 11:43 PM

R411, you are just reading the wrong threads over there. Early on LSA split on MM with those had no use for her taking one road and the sugars another.

I've seen other posters on DL not make the distinction.

You are mistaken in labeling the whole board as going into rapture over the podcast.

Try the MMUO thread. They are on thread 9 and these threads move faster than you can keep up.

by Anonymousreply 421August 26, 2022 12:08 AM

Yes, the MMUO at LSA has their finger on the pulse of all things Markle.

Someone called it a group of bloodhounds mixed with Miss Marples. I always laugh when I check the thread, but MMUO definitely has Nutmeg’s Number.

by Anonymousreply 422August 26, 2022 12:18 AM

SS is obviously calling in favors to supply Meghan with 'guests'.

by Anonymousreply 423August 26, 2022 12:19 AM

Yes, R422.

It was the posters over on the MMUO thread who were tracing the shoes that Bower wrote about that MM walked off with after the Reitman's shoot.

I think they found pictures online of her wearing them

The LSA posters on MMUO are relentless. And great at providing links.

by Anonymousreply 424August 26, 2022 12:23 AM

Does anyone doubt that if Martin Scorsese had asked her to audition for a part on the day of the horrible South African conflagration, she would have left Archie sitting in the embers while she sped away to the studio.

by Anonymousreply 425August 26, 2022 1:29 AM

If it’s not quid pro quo among a PR company’s clients, maybe it’s payola.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 26, 2022 1:45 AM

Recollections...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427August 26, 2022 2:07 AM

Next on Archetypes:

"My sister is a fucking crazy jealous bitch too!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428August 26, 2022 2:26 AM

Why does Mariah always flatten her hair? It really needs volume, especially at the crown.

Maybe their topic is biracial hair. Mariah will tell Meghan she should go blonde for once.

by Anonymousreply 429August 26, 2022 2:45 AM

Nobody remembers the fire in the housing unit. The same way nobody remembers their secret wedding three days before the spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 430August 26, 2022 2:46 AM

Meghan made it "to the top" by marrying Harry, and ever since then has clawed and scratched her way to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 431August 26, 2022 6:13 AM

I need drama or my name is mud!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 26, 2022 6:18 AM

All this bitch does is lie and complain and expect to receive tons of money, sympathy and recognition for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 433August 26, 2022 10:34 AM

^ And all this in a time full of conflicts and real crises. She is such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 434August 26, 2022 10:48 AM

Ambition is a terrible thing, you dumb cow. If you must have it, keep it under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 435August 26, 2022 10:51 AM

Hey Meghan, just SHUT UP for a few years. Don't you have kids to raise?

by Anonymousreply 436August 26, 2022 11:30 AM

She also has a new dog. And lots of rescue chickens.

And a moronic manchild for a husband.

by Anonymousreply 437August 26, 2022 11:34 AM

What exactly is a rescue chicken?

by Anonymousreply 438August 26, 2022 11:55 AM

Harry must be a decent fuck otherwise why would Chelsy and Cressida hang around? They had other options.

by Anonymousreply 439August 26, 2022 11:58 AM

Cressida is said to have said that Harry was rough in bed. I think she was with him mainly to further her career and her social climbing opportunities.

I do think Harry really loved Chelsy. Which of course didn't make him not cheat on her. At some point Chelsy probably just couldn't stomach his antics, his rage, and his constant paranoia any longer.

by Anonymousreply 440August 26, 2022 12:06 PM

Those Spotify listeners are probably mostly the same thousands of haters who post here and in the Daily Mail comment section. Highly doubt Rogan has anything to worry about, unless every episode continues to be catnip to that crowd.

by Anonymousreply 441August 26, 2022 2:03 PM

It has worked out well for Cardi B!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 26, 2022 2:06 PM

"Today on Archetypes, my special guest Mariah Carey helps us find our thrive by explaining how to deal with annoying requests to visit sick children in the hospital."

by Anonymousreply 443August 26, 2022 2:41 PM

Mariah is at GCF & we can probably count on le markle appearing in some unflattering dress with an orange day-glo tan.

Has anyone mentioned how the weeping terrified shaken put upon to work “young mother” had a complete wardrobe, makeup and hairstyle change after learning of king arkie’s near-death experience and before her next forced event that day? So in the time she had with arkie after he nearly died in a blaze in the nursery where he could have been, (but wasn’t, ) instead of spending every precious moment with her spawn, rocking him in her arms and singing sweet lullabies, she got in the makeup chair and had her kid back with the nanny pronto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 26, 2022 2:46 PM

R444 Me. Check out her smugass face in the blue dress. towards the end of the article. Really upset isn’t she.

“After a short lunch break at their official residence (and a change of clothes for Meghan, who put on a Veronica Beard dress last seen during the Sussexes’s fall 2018 visit to Tonga), the couple then visited Cape Town’s District Six Museum. The inner-city exhibition highlights the injustices of the apartheid era and tells the stories of the 60,000 people forcibly relocated when Apartheid began in 1966. Freed slaves, artisans, immigrants, merchants, and the Cape Malay community that had once lived in harmony were forced to relocate after the government declared it a “whites-only” area.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 26, 2022 2:50 PM

She was a 36 year old divorcee D List actress who was aging out - she hit the jackpot marrying into the Royal family yet all she ever does is bitch and complain.

by Anonymousreply 446August 26, 2022 3:15 PM

You're correct R442. All these "Megain is a fat adventuress" fraus are playing straight into her bank account. With every click and breathlessly read headline, they are making her more well-known and adding to her coffers. I was happily unaware of her existence until the fat, screeching cunts invaded with a daily barrage "MEGHAN, MEGHAN, MEGHAN!!!!!" every fucking day. I've got the very worst of the trolls on ignore and beware. They are not a friend to us and are also conservative Brexit trash.

by Anonymousreply 447August 26, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote]What exactly is a rescue chicken?

Here is one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 26, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote]I was happily unaware of her existence until the fat, screeching cunts invaded with a daily barrage "MEGHAN, MEGHAN, MEGHAN!!!!!" every fucking day.

You were previously unaware of the existence of Prince Harry's wife?

Well, that seems like a perfectly believable claim. You have my trust!

by Anonymousreply 449August 26, 2022 3:37 PM

What a brilliant writer Omid Scobie is:

[quote]Harry and Meghan have both been so excited excited to get to Cape Town.

by Anonymousreply 450August 26, 2022 3:37 PM

so #VoetsekMeghan is trending at #2 on South Africian twitter. Voetsek is Afrikaans slang meaning get lost or don't let the door hit you on the way out.

by Anonymousreply 451August 26, 2022 3:40 PM

"...made to feel..."? No one "makes" a truly empowered woman feel, think, or do anything. Right?

by Anonymousreply 452August 26, 2022 3:47 PM

There’s an easy explanation for how Meghan was able to bravely endure a hair and makeup session following Archie’s near not-even-close to death experience. THE FIRE NEVER HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 453August 26, 2022 3:53 PM

No one 'makes anyone feel something, unempowered or not. It's a victim stance

by Anonymousreply 454August 26, 2022 4:04 PM

The nanny had this fire going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 26, 2022 4:05 PM

Meghan on the Mariah Carey podcast.

It’s so hard to get good help these days. When Harry and I were in South Africa we had a nanny that was supposed to be putting Archie down for a nap, but was downstairs making herself a snack.

by Anonymousreply 456August 26, 2022 4:10 PM

This woman is so odious. She sends out such bad vibes. Why are so many taken with her? Is it because she is bi-racial and POC think her marriage and existence is some kind of victory for them? That some personification of an uber white male has bestowed upon her "acceptance" into his world? Does that somehow psychological transfer onto them. I guess I understand that. But at some point it's like cheering for Marjorie Taylor Greene just because she's a woman.

As soon as I learned anything deeper than headlines about Meghan it seemed obvious she was a gold digger. This type of person is not all that hard to spot. And her behavior these past few years have just confirmed for me that she is toxic and a person who will do whatever it takes to get attention and try to get her way no matter how it affects others.

She has not accomplished one thing apart from marrying well, enriching herself, driving a wedge between a man and his family and even his country.

by Anonymousreply 457August 26, 2022 4:56 PM

R447 - I can ignore and/or deal with almost anything but I draw the line at "conservative Brexit trash".

by Anonymousreply 458August 26, 2022 5:08 PM

One thing Meghan has revealed is the real Harry. Remember the interview where he whined that no one knew who he really was? Welp, we know now.

There were reports that he was as “mean as a cut snake” from those who knew him well. He apparently has been entitled, ignorant and scheming his entire life. The “Hero Harry” publicity was put out by the BRF to enrobe him with some sense of ethics and dignity.

That façade has been ripped away thanks to Markle. Hopefully, he’ll remain removed from the monarchy in perpetuity.

by Anonymousreply 459August 26, 2022 5:34 PM

r433 Exactly so true. But she then gift wraps it and labels those desires and methods it as ambition and implies people are stereotyping her unfairly as a woman- archetyping her, if you point out that she is describing is not ambitions as commonly thought of but entitlement and a shortcut to easy but large riches. Easy money is her game. She wants a massive short cut to being part of the elite but is hiding the nature of her methods behind the idea to criticise her is to be anti women.

by Anonymousreply 460August 26, 2022 6:43 PM

^^We been knew that long before Markle

by Anonymousreply 461August 26, 2022 7:17 PM

I'd love for her to interview JLo.

by Anonymousreply 462August 26, 2022 10:24 PM

Meghan: Listen, I can’t come in today for the shoot. There’s been a family emergency.

Suits director.: Well, we were doing all your scenes today so we’ll need to completely rearrange the shooting schedule. Can I ask what’s happened? Is there anything I can do to help?

Meghan: There’s a malfunctioning appliance in our housing unit.

Suits director.: Could you have someone let the repair people in the housing unit? Or could you just replace it?

Meghan; It’s a heater. It’s in Archie’s room.

Suits director: Could he do without the heater long enough to finish the shoot? It’s July.

Meghan: But it’s a fire hazard. It could kill him.

Suits director: Understood. Could you maybe move the heater out of his room and unplug it? Or unplug it and move Archie to a different room?

Meghan: That’s not going to help because he doesn’t use the room with the heater. We moved him out of his bedroom to another room in the housing unit where he has a special bed.

Suits director: Okay that makes sense. Your family’s safety comes first. Come back to work once you get over this. This isn’t the royal family after all.

by Anonymousreply 463August 26, 2022 10:43 PM

The South Africans are protesting her with the hashtag #VoetsekMeghan ("Fuck off, Meghan"). Both #MeghanMarkelisaLiar and #SouthAfricans are trending in the UK.

I wonder how she's going to spin being cancelled by a majority black country as "racist".

Here's a sample of the messages on the #Voetsek hashtag:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 26, 2022 11:31 PM

Has anyone asked South Africa if it's OK?

by Anonymousreply 465August 27, 2022 12:07 AM

[quote]What exactly is a rescue chicken?

I always kind of wondered that, too. Maybe they were rescued from the Colonel.

by Anonymousreply 466August 27, 2022 12:16 AM

we don't have just regular chickens, oh no my dear, we have 'rescue chickens'

by Anonymousreply 467August 27, 2022 12:49 AM

We're fancy like that!

by Anonymousreply 468August 27, 2022 12:50 AM

I flinched for Harry, who I think is a big dickhead, when I read one sentence in this column from that which cannot be named or linked.

Can you guess the sentence?

PLATELL'S PEOPLE: I cannot believe I'm saying it but I feel sorry for Harry By AMANDA PLATELL FOR THE DAILY MAIL PUBLISHED: 17:00 EDT, 26 August 2022 | UPDATED: 20:34 EDT, 26 August 2022

Much derision has been heaped on Meghan and Harry’s new ‘£18 million’ Spotify podcast — presumably titled It’s All About Meghan or Am I Not Fantastic?

But the most notable thing was Harry’s near-absence from the show.

This week’s guest was Serena Williams, discussing how tough it is to be a rich and successful woman and how female ‘ambition’ is often confused with pushiness.

In fact, the only person who seems to be being pushed around here is Meghan’s husband: the Queen’s grandson, without whom the minor TV actress would not have a global platform for her self-pitying grievances.

The only person who seems to be being pushed around here is Meghan’s husband: the Queen’s grandson, without whom the minor TV actress would not have a global platform for her self-pitying grievances

In the hour-long podcast, Harry had just a 30-second cameo. As he lurked in the shadows, his wife asked with mock surprise: ‘Do you wanna come say hi? Look who just popped in!’

Harry said to Serena Williams: ‘I like what you’ve done with your hair. That’s a great vibe.’

What would the men who served alongside him in Afghanistan have thought of that?

Harry’s apparently subservient role was also on show last year, when she launched her children’s book The Bench. He was seen in the video juggling — or trying to — behind her.

Consider everything he has lost: the respect of his country, his family, many of his friends, even his grandfather Prince Philip during his dying days.

How humiliating it all is for a man who served in the Army for ten years, rising to the rank of Captain, and had a distinguished record flying Apache helicopters over Helmand.

There are rumours that the cover of Harry’s upcoming tell-all memoir about his horrid life as a royal features a picture not just of him, as you’d expect, but Megs, too. The word emasculated comes to mind.

There was a time when Harry was one of the most loved royals. Now when Mr and Mrs Sussex come to Britain next month, we hear he has no plans to meet William. It’s tragic: to be estranged from your sibling — your children not meeting their cousins.

He has become a walk-on part in The Me-Me-Meghan Show, eclipsed by his wife’s ambition.

I never thought I’d say this, but I feel sorry for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 469August 27, 2022 1:08 AM

[quote]The word emasculated comes to mind.

... but she she wanted to write: GELDING

by Anonymousreply 470August 27, 2022 1:33 AM

Meghan’s South African misadventure took me back to a tour the Queen and I made of Compton in the USA one August in the early years of her reign. I still remember telling Lilibet that the trip was the bravest thing I had seen her do up to that point because, well, you know. (For all her bravery, we left the crowns and tiaras back home, thank God!)

In any event, Charles, who must have been ten months old at the time, was whisked away as soon as we landed to this housing project we had been assigned. Lilibet then went off to make a speech in the hood while standing on a pile of abandoned tyre rims.

As soon as she finished her speech, the officials, amidst floods of tears, informed us there had been a fire in the housing project after one of the residents had lit some debris to stave off the cold. (As you can imagine, there were no smoke detectors in such a place.) The Queen then said “What?” and I also said “What?”

Fortunately, Jemima, the creole nanny whom we loved and bought to take back with us to Sandringham, followed the traditional African custom of working in the nude, which prevented her garments from catching fire and engulfing Charles in flames. This, along with her decision to carry Charles strapped to her naked bosom as she fetched a snack from the next room (you know how instinctive her people can be) saved Charles’ life. I’ve often wondered since whether that was a good thing or not.

The next day the Queen and I went to a Betty Grable premiere as if nothing had happened. But those were different times.

by Anonymousreply 471August 27, 2022 2:25 AM

R471, you are really, really bad.

And hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 472August 27, 2022 2:53 AM

You know you're a cunt when you have a knack for pissing off entire countries. She have a checklist or something?

by Anonymousreply 473August 27, 2022 3:09 AM

It's like Kubler Ross only the five stages of international failure....

by Anonymousreply 474August 27, 2022 3:25 AM

Harry finds meeting Asian people tiresome. Meghan finds African people primitive and frightening. White Europeans are racist to her. What can they do?

by Anonymousreply 475August 27, 2022 3:25 AM

For most of its history Compton was a middle-class city, with relatively large lots and relatively large houses and even some agriculture. Even the Bush family (George H.W and George W included) lived in Compton for 6 months in 1949-1950. From the 1920s through 1960s it was a respectable place to live. Like so many other places though it went into decline in recent decades.

by Anonymousreply 476August 27, 2022 3:52 AM

Isn't Keven Costner from Compton?

by Anonymousreply 477August 27, 2022 3:58 AM

Gossip - hot off the press:

Anonymous said: I work in LA, and have some links with Sunshine Sachs among other PR agencies, streaming services, studios and so on. What has been hush hush lately is that there was a huge blowup at the Olive Garden wannabe home, but that the husband was kicked out by the wife. They are said to be divorcing and separated for a long time [sic].

She definitely has a new love interest; it’s why she has been in LA so much. The info about her running off to the Beverly Hills Hotel among others was not supposed to leak. Sunshine Sachs tried to make it out that she was in LA for Spotify and that was why she was in the hotels, but my Spotify contacts have said that didn’t happen and that basically had to force her to record it at all at Spotify’s LA office and due to the separation, she refused to do it with Harry, she wanted it all for herself.

The claims of mental issues stopping them is somewhat true but it’s down to the divorce as it’s become bitter and abusive. She will publicly fight for sole custody but doesn’t actually want it, my contact at Sunshine Sachs has had some interactions with her and says she is cold, uncaring and distinterested in the kids when asked.

She moved back into the Montecito home for this reason lately. Her PR narrative is quietly saying that she has left to be a single mother raising two kids while her husband is away gallivanting, that she is struggling with it all that her mother is worried so moved in with her. Sunshine Sachs do not work for Harry, they work for her and only interested in her.

Her new squeeze is well connected, wealthy, white and easy as they come.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 27, 2022 4:00 AM

Why is she so pale for the podcast?

by Anonymousreply 479August 27, 2022 4:01 AM

r478 that sounds too juicy to be true

by Anonymousreply 480August 27, 2022 4:02 AM

Wonder if those in England (in their understated British way) called Markle “ambitious” to her face? This in the USA would translate to “why are you awakening me at 5am with your calls of another one of your narcissistic ideas and hare-brained schemes that are sure to fall flat, you crazy, gold-digging grifter”?

This podcast seems like just a series of clapbacks: one right after the other.

by Anonymousreply 481August 27, 2022 4:03 AM

R314 notice how crazy women always say they were “made” to do anything negative, yet all men allegedly have full autonomy.

by Anonymousreply 482August 27, 2022 4:06 AM

I doubt r478 is true but why do they refer to their home as "Olive Garden"?

by Anonymousreply 483August 27, 2022 4:09 AM

Because it looks architecturally like an out-of-date Olive Garden restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 484August 27, 2022 4:10 AM

r478 Easy as they come?

by Anonymousreply 485August 27, 2022 4:29 AM

^Playboy?

Likely a behind the scenes person, but who is “well-connected, wealthy, white” and a playboy?

by Anonymousreply 486August 27, 2022 4:36 AM

r486 Ok Gotcha now cheers.

by Anonymousreply 487August 27, 2022 4:38 AM

If Meghan is dating Brad Pitt the Daily Mail is going to explode. I wish she dumped him but I think that is wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 488August 27, 2022 4:38 AM

The sooner Harry gets away from her, the better it is for him.

by Anonymousreply 489August 27, 2022 4:40 AM

Pitt isn’t really considered a playboy.

Remember too, he had Margo Robbie accept his BAFTA (while he was w/one of his kids having surgery) and he made a dig at The Harkles in the speech he wrote for her to read. It was rather odd and unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 490August 27, 2022 4:43 AM

R481 England/English and Britain/British are not the same thing, bless your heart!

by Anonymousreply 491August 27, 2022 4:49 AM

Can't wait to see who the oft-married Meghan lands next!

by Anonymousreply 492August 27, 2022 4:53 AM

I will admit, "ambition" is such a weird concept for people born into a position. They probably don't quite get it, at all. That said, oh come on, Meghan, your ambition was fame and fortune and you definitely got that marrying Harry. Why you blew it, well, that is the real question you need to sort through.

by Anonymousreply 493August 27, 2022 4:56 AM

#MeghanMarkleisaRacist

is not trending on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 494August 27, 2022 5:10 AM

NOW trending

by Anonymousreply 495August 27, 2022 5:10 AM

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 496August 27, 2022 5:49 AM

I doubt it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has met somebody else and they are both fucking around on each other.

by Anonymousreply 497August 27, 2022 5:56 AM

I've now read/heard most of the podcast via the various reviews and it's truly like a comedy sketch in its obvious score-settling, pettiness, self-aggrandizement, purring faux feminism, showy celeb chumminess, and use of a weak premise (female ambition) as a delivery system. Respect to Meghan for using the Archie-in-fire-danger story to grab headlines and push it all to the top of the charts. (The only headlines from their first podcast was Archie's cameo.)

Will the Mariah Carey episode be able to top this?

by Anonymousreply 498August 27, 2022 6:25 AM

[quote] I've now read/heard most of the podcast via the various reviews and it's truly like a comedy sketch in its obvious score-settling, pettiness, self-aggrandizement, purring faux feminism, showy celeb chumminess, and use of a weak premise (female ambition) as a delivery system. Respect to Meghan for using the Archie-in-fire-danger story to grab headlines and push it all to the top of the charts. (The only headlines from their first podcast was Archie's cameo.)

Best description yet of Markle’s podcast.

[quote] Will the Mariah Carey episode be able to top this?

Not top it but come close, perhaps. Mariah fans will undoubtedly tune in. And Markle’s propensity for inciting drama may again prop it up.

I saw somewhere that Megz originally wanted Michelle Obama for the Serena episode, but Obama wisely declined. I also saw that Lisa Ling tweeted a thanks (for being a part of the project) in response to a Narcewell producer, so Ling might be another one of the guests. Sad, but she and most of the other guests identified thus far are not high profile, so it will be verrrry interesting to see how things progress as less high-profile guests appear on the project.

What’s fascinating is that Markle managed to offend South Africans with the Serena podcast. As a result, she cannot whip out her well-worn racist card to combat criticism from the offended parties in this case. Her champion (Scobie) crowed that she was beginning a “movement” with the podcast. Seems as though she has done just that....

by Anonymousreply 499August 27, 2022 6:41 AM

If they are splitting up, the only ones I care about are the kids.

She has always seemed to me to be the least maternal human and that's putting it mildly.

And I keep remembering her brother warning that she should be kept away from kids.

I'd love it if the BRF has been quietly gathering evidence that can be used in support for the children in case of a custody fight.

by Anonymousreply 500August 27, 2022 6:52 AM

Wealthy privileged people still have ambitions. They’re still envious of others, they still want to attain things, they have goals. It’s enviably easier for them to achieve them, but maybe it’s more difficult in a way, too.

Also, Meghan is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 501August 27, 2022 9:28 AM

Meghan got what she wanted from Harry, and now he’s boring. He’s not getting her invited to the really good parties, his influence in Hollywood is nil, and the money is gone (and there was a lot less than she’d originally thought).

She’s on to the next sucker; one with deeper pockets and probably less famous family.

by Anonymousreply 502August 27, 2022 9:31 AM

But what man would want Meghan at this point? Please name three possibilities. She’s not sexy. She’s a lightening rod for controversy. It’s not like the Fayed family sticking it to the BRF by hooking up with Diana. Who is crazy enough to take her on?

by Anonymousreply 503August 27, 2022 11:34 AM

Some young and dumb guy? Elizabeth Holmes managed to get pregnant by the scion of some wealthy family. She's only a few years younger than Meghan and arguably more disordered and dangerous. And with multiple felony convictions.

Anyway, Lizzie's going to the clink. That guy (not famous, too lazy to look up the name) will soon be available. He's just up the coast in S.F.

by Anonymousreply 504August 27, 2022 11:56 AM

[quote] er champion (Scobie) crowed that she was beginning a “movement” with the podcast. Seems as though she has done just that....

I've been helping the Duchess with her movement!

by Anonymousreply 505August 27, 2022 12:18 PM

The story of Harry driving Megsie back and forth to LA so that she could "work" in that hotel was too ludicrous to be remotely true. But who is she hooking up with? Any man wealthy and connected enough for Meghan to consider losing her title for would be able to snag a much younger, much more attractive , and much less troublesome piece than Duchess Doritos.

by Anonymousreply 506August 27, 2022 1:09 PM

Guys like Elon Musk fall for bitches like her.

by Anonymousreply 507August 27, 2022 1:15 PM

How can someone screw up something so bad as the reprehensible Harkles have done?

by Anonymousreply 508August 27, 2022 2:42 PM

[quote]I saw somewhere that Megz originally wanted Michelle Obama for the Serena episode, but Obama wisely declined.

Would be so great if that was true. The burn, the burn...

by Anonymousreply 509August 27, 2022 3:00 PM

On the Brad Pitt thing surely one was enough for the guy?

by Anonymousreply 510August 27, 2022 3:01 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Brad's 'crazy bitch' antennas have been on high alert for the last few years....

by Anonymousreply 511August 27, 2022 3:29 PM

Nonetheless, if Brad had stuck with our Jen, he wouldn’t be having these problems.

by Anonymousreply 512August 27, 2022 3:57 PM

what exactly did they screw up R508? Granted I only get shit that you markle trolls keep posting but I've yet to understand what these two have done to get all you cows in a tizzy.

by Anonymousreply 513August 27, 2022 4:01 PM

Maybe she got hired by Leo DiCaprio to do some bearding for him. Leo bonking these young chicks starts to become unbelievable, so perhaps he's looking for a more credible beard now.

by Anonymousreply 514August 27, 2022 4:08 PM

R514, that is not a half bad guess.

If it’s true, someone has to know.

by Anonymousreply 515August 27, 2022 4:09 PM

R506, some men LIKE bossy insane bitches.

by Anonymousreply 516August 27, 2022 4:10 PM

Maybe she’s getting interest from Johnny Depp?

by Anonymousreply 517August 27, 2022 4:27 PM

Harry's been off to another polo get-together in Aspen and looking happy as a lark.

He also went to Africa, by himself, recently. Wonder if that inspired Meghan to come up with the heater fire story - to blow up Henry's African dreams (assuming he has any - they must have sat around and wondered if there were alternatives when things got so ugly in Montecito)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518August 27, 2022 4:28 PM

I can totally see her trying to hook up with Leo DiCaprio.

Elon would probably also love to procreate with her, he's crazy enough to have babies with her that would be half-siblings to the grandchildren of the future monarch of the United Kingdom and the head of Commonwealth of Nations.

by Anonymousreply 519August 27, 2022 4:31 PM

I'm not saying she is, but if she was grasping and bonkers enough to take on the royal family and damn the consequences (though I think a lot of her fuck up are accidental because she's more feeling than thought), Elon doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 520August 27, 2022 4:35 PM

A lot depends on if that Instagram account has a good track record on accuracy with its tea or gossip on the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 521August 27, 2022 4:39 PM

Is that a recent picture of Harry at r518? He seems to have to much hair on the crown of his head. He's looked more like Friar Tuck lately.

by Anonymousreply 522August 27, 2022 4:44 PM

Regardless of that particular goss to be true or not, given Meghan's restless and reckless social climbing I can see her trying to get rid of Harry and hooking up with some REALLY filthy rich and/or famous guy.

by Anonymousreply 523August 27, 2022 4:44 PM

This was in the comments of the happy-Harry polo in Aspen pix so somebody thinks they know it's recent (and did he have to have his polo equipment delivered because he wasn't staying at Montecito when he left for Aspen?):

" so thrilled to see him that he apparently left his polo gear behind when he left home and had to get it delivered before the plane took off"

Maybe he's had some rogaine or hair transplant therapy.

by Anonymousreply 524August 27, 2022 4:48 PM

Cue the happy family puff pieces in 3, 2, 1 . . .

by Anonymousreply 525August 27, 2022 4:50 PM

Aren't they scheduled to go do some charity lectures or whatever in the UK soon? Like in the next several weeks? (and a lot of British people are saying "Stay away" in tabloid polls or whatever)

by Anonymousreply 526August 27, 2022 4:52 PM

Good point R519. And there's no time to lose: "Most fertility clinics set an age limit, often between 42 and 45 years old, for a woman to use her own eggs."

by Anonymousreply 527August 27, 2022 5:04 PM

You grannies make zero sense. You seem really focused on Harry going bald while ignoring the other fug brother is balding too.

by Anonymousreply 528August 27, 2022 5:09 PM

R528, one of them doesn't look like a fuzzy nutsack.

by Anonymousreply 529August 27, 2022 5:10 PM

Weird tidbit in the comments: "Harry flew in a special photographer from the UK just to take his photos at polo that day."

He's a hell of an ecowarrior if that's true - and why do that? It's weird. Fly in a photographer to publicize your polo (or your happiness?) Why not take one with your from LA on the same plane?

Oh it may not be true anyway but I don't see what anybody gains from making up unimportant details like delivery of polo gear and flying photographers in. It does feel like something big is gonna drop in Harkleland about their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 530August 27, 2022 5:16 PM

It does seem to be true (recemt Aspen polo trip). Somebody mentioned the photographer's name (Chris Jackson) and I found his Instagram with a picture of Harry on his horse and this caption:

I’ve been out to Lesotho many times to witness the fantastic work @sentebale is doing for children all across the country, their annual Polo tournament remains by far the most important way they raise money to help continue this work so it was great to head out to Aspen for this year’s competition certainly which didn’t disappoint, stunning location, great polo, old friends and new - awesome couple of days….I think this must be getting towards the tenth, from Singapore to Dubai to South Africa, Florida, Connecticut and many more it’s always epic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531August 27, 2022 5:23 PM

Chris' next to last photo: is that Nacho and wife walking with Harry?

by Anonymousreply 532August 27, 2022 5:26 PM

We may be starving and live on mud floors with black mambas, but at least we can play polo with Harry!

Next time that Meghan comes over, we'll put her up in a mud hut with Cannibal Nanny and then see how she likes it!

by Anonymousreply 533August 27, 2022 5:31 PM

Meghan will rope in some Silicon Valley tech billionaire who will buy her a mansion in West Atherton, which she will complain about endlessly. Maybe the Reddit guy, as soon as he's had enough of Serena's bullying.

by Anonymousreply 534August 27, 2022 5:33 PM

Alex Ohanian has seen her snatch before.

by Anonymousreply 535August 27, 2022 5:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 27, 2022 5:58 PM

The Beek is hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 537August 27, 2022 6:01 PM

Awww James, why the long face?

by Anonymousreply 538August 27, 2022 6:31 PM

If Harry looks happy it's because he's away from the Monster.

by Anonymousreply 539August 27, 2022 6:33 PM

Harry's essential an unemployed slob with a boat load of cash behind him. He hated playing dress up with medals on and all that. He couldn't give AF about what his wife is doing, or her maniacal grasping for fame. Of course he hates her, most married men vacillate from tolerance to hate to complete dependence many times through every day of married life. He was her ticket out of being a working Royal. He could give AF what she's up to, and he doesn't mind being neutered on the world stage if he can just be a rich unemployed slob. That's why he's smiling.

by Anonymousreply 540August 27, 2022 6:38 PM

[quote]Harry's essential an unemployed slob with a boat load of cash behind him.

A row boat by Q4 2023.

Water wings by Q4 24.

by Anonymousreply 541August 27, 2022 6:46 PM

I don’t know, I think Harry spends a lot of time thinking about the missing 1/10 of his 9/10 full glass.

by Anonymousreply 542August 27, 2022 6:47 PM

Gaydar Opinion:

Harry is incredibly tactile with his male friends. He’s a British bloke who tweaks nipples of other men, puts his hands happily on their thighs and has no compunction about feeling up their torsos.

He now is much more happy and animated with his blokes than he looks with his wife.

What really is going on?

Is he bi? Gay? Repressed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543August 27, 2022 6:55 PM

[quote]Is he bi? Gay? Repressed?

Good lord, we don't want him!!!!

by Anonymousreply 544August 27, 2022 7:00 PM

Repressed.

by Anonymousreply 545August 27, 2022 7:16 PM

R500 they are not going to split . Harry isn't doing it because then everyone from his grandma's corgie to his brother would tell him "Told you so" and Meghan won't do it either because she's nobody without Harry .

by Anonymousreply 546August 27, 2022 7:20 PM

Yes, they will not split. Harry has all his Royal responsibilities in the rear-view mirror now and is wealthy to boot, and Meghan got an international platform. That likely was the deal, and it will become apparent as the only thing keeping them together as their fog of juvenile love dissipates over time

by Anonymousreply 547August 27, 2022 7:33 PM

Ditch the bitch and make the switch, Harry!

by Anonymousreply 548August 27, 2022 7:39 PM

R528. The “fug brother”. Isn’t trying to make a living as amedia star. He’s a future head of state. Being bald, middle aged, etc. don’t affect his ability to be head of state. He just needs to be dutiful and conscientious.

If, on the other hand, you are trying to be a professional celebrity and media star, it is relevant that Harry and Meghan didn’t take into account the speed with which both are losing what little attractiveness they once had. Their looks, along with their stupidity, laziness, narcissism, and lack of t’aient are relevant to the discussion of their many failures and dim future prospects.

I hope that clarifies an issue that seems to be puzzling you.

by Anonymousreply 549August 27, 2022 7:43 PM

You don’t know many laddish straight men, do you, R543?

by Anonymousreply 550August 27, 2022 7:43 PM

Harry doesn’t have enough money for her.

The title was nice, though.

by Anonymousreply 551August 27, 2022 7:45 PM

Haz is rapidly losing his looks and $$$$$$. The cost alone of his security, lawsuits and multiple private jets has to be eating a hole in his pocket. Hence, why he wants various taxpayers to finance his lifestyle via IPP status.

The guy may be “wealthy” by most standards, but in the world of big players (unless he has backers) his fortune is rapidly dwindling. Don’t see he can continue the lifestyle if he continues with his shifty reputation in Hollywood. Remember too, that Megz parents both filed bankruptcy and she was hauled in for IRS derelictions (which, of course, she fought and lost).

So not only have they lost their appearances in Hollywood, but $$$$$$ as well.

by Anonymousreply 552August 27, 2022 7:55 PM

I really get a good laugh when the Sewage Squad post that Smeg is living her best life and doesn't care what people think.

Bitch, there is no other person in the world, aside from trump, who cares so much about what people think. Smeg is obsessed with how others see her. She wants to punish those who don't adore her.

by Anonymousreply 553August 27, 2022 7:57 PM

Meghan's new boyfriend will be handsome, rich, stupid, connected, someone easily convinced he wants to run for office in California with her adoringly at his side. (She'll be the power behind the throne, upstaging him at every opportunity.) Her m.o. is to use a man as the vehicle to get to where she wants to go, namely, political prominence. She tried acting and didn't make the A-list, she tried the Royal family and fled, what's left? Her ego will tell her she can step-by-step propel him all the way to the White House but she doesn't like accountability. When everything blows up in her face as it inevitably will, starry-eyed innocent Megs didn't know anything about him, he lied to her just like he lied to the voters. She's the real victim here. Much better than being the candidate herself.

by Anonymousreply 554August 27, 2022 7:58 PM

R554, she doesn’t want to be a political wife.

by Anonymousreply 555August 27, 2022 8:01 PM

Just as with Trump, I put nothing out of the realm of possibility with Markle.

Remember those who said she would never return to England? Well, her smug, triumphant walk down the Jubilee church aisle in a hall of quiet, disapproving guests, proved predictors wrong.

She’s returning again soon.

She may - or may not - leave Harry. Who knows.

One thing that is apparent: the woman is putting on her (awful) acting face out with her husband when shes’s with him. And she seems coldly disinterested in children, the few times we’ve seen her with her own.

by Anonymousreply 556August 27, 2022 8:08 PM

The photographer who travelled to Aspen for the Sentebale match at r531 is the husband of Kate's longtime personal assistant and stylist, Natasha Archer, who has been with Kate for 15 years.

He's the one who took the iconic picture of a masked Kate at Philip's funeral.

Strange that Harry flew him out as official photographer. Harry has iced out all other Royal Rota photographers. I would think Chris Jackson's status as husband to Kate's dearest employee would have Harry wanting Jackson banned from any Harkle events, not flown in by private jet by Harry himself.

My Theory: Maybe Jackson is some sort of go-between message deliverer between the Cambridges and Harry? "Harry if you want to leave her, we will help."

by Anonymousreply 557August 27, 2022 8:27 PM

Stop, frau . Jackson has a longtime professional interest in Sentebale.

by Anonymousreply 558August 27, 2022 8:35 PM

Harry’s recent body language

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559August 27, 2022 8:42 PM

As per R554, Melania, you're in trouble gurl!

by Anonymousreply 560August 27, 2022 9:09 PM

Is Meghan divorces Harry (and doesn't remarry), doesn't she get to keep her title? Or maybe it would be "Princess Henry" - the way Lady Colin Campbell (real first name Georgia) has kept his name and the "Lady" part - does she have any other lady parts... but I digress.

Anyway, Meghan can have her cake (the title) and eat it too (divorce, settlement, money for the kids to bankroll herself, new mark - I mean, man...)

by Anonymousreply 561August 27, 2022 9:18 PM

I think in a divorce settlement, the BRF would take away the title. Want the money? Give back the title.

But how would that be enforced? If she’s parading around the US calling herself Princess Meghan, how would the BRF stop her? They gave Diana a title because she was the mother of a future king.

by Anonymousreply 562August 27, 2022 9:29 PM

Theoretically she gets to keep the styling of 'Meghan, Duchess of Sussex' as opposed to THE Duchess of Sussex which is how she is styled now. She has no titles held within herself - she is allowed to call herself The Duchess because she is presently married to the Duke, who carries the titles in and of himself. It's a courtesy extended by the BRF that she is allowed to call herself Duchess etc.

Theoretically, they could take that away in the divorce, but they won't, because she's the mother of a future Duke, and anyway since the title of Duchess of Sussex itself has been smeared so badly by the Harkles' actions, there's little value in removing it from her. Her title is now an international byword for brazenly lying.

by Anonymousreply 563August 27, 2022 9:34 PM

So if Harry remarried the new wife gets no title?

by Anonymousreply 564August 27, 2022 9:38 PM

If Harry remarries, the new wife will be THE Duchess of Sussex, like Meghsy is now. Meghsy, however, will be Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 565August 27, 2022 9:47 PM

Don't know how they have any money. Harry is burning through it faster than Megs now, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 566August 27, 2022 9:52 PM

So there could be two Dutchi of Sussex?

Oh, those poor Sussexians.

by Anonymousreply 567August 27, 2022 9:52 PM

As soon as Harry remarries, Meghan will be an afterthought since the new wife will be THE Duchess of Sussex. "Blabla, Duchess of Sussex" is an utterly worthless title, it's the "THE" that makes the thing relevant in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 568August 27, 2022 9:57 PM

R567 Britain is littered with ex-wives and widows of dukes (and marquesses, earls and viscounts) - it’s standard naming convention. You’re no longer married to the Duke, well hello Shirley, Duchess of Scunthorpe!

by Anonymousreply 569August 27, 2022 10:01 PM

Princess Harry!

by Anonymousreply 570August 27, 2022 10:02 PM

R507 oh I wish she was hooking up with Elon Musk, that would be a fun trainwreck to watch

by Anonymousreply 571August 27, 2022 10:02 PM

r553 Exactly. A person who pays sunshine sachs a lot of money to put out positive stories about them several times a week in the media ,must care what others think about them.

by Anonymousreply 572August 27, 2022 10:04 PM

R568 - but Americans don't know that. Meghan probably doesn't know or care herself. As long as she calls herself Duchess of Sussex (or hell, she might even call herself Princess Meghan), who in LA would correct her? And lord knows she doesn't want to settle in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 573August 27, 2022 10:07 PM

But they married for love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574August 27, 2022 10:22 PM

They married so Meghan could have the family she never had. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 575August 27, 2022 10:38 PM

Both of them are a waste of skin.

by Anonymousreply 576August 27, 2022 10:42 PM

Further Gossip Tea (From Secondhand one who has a track record):

[quote] [–]SecondhandCoke 11 points 31 minutes ago*

[quote] So here is what I heard:

[quote]One reason he has delayed publication is because their currency after the Jubilee and Meghan's podcast is too low to successfully launch the book.

[quote]BUT I've been informed that the biggest reason for the delay is that the marriage is seriously on the rocks. Like so on the rocks that divorce could be announced any week now. Harry is pushing the date back because he allegedly is hesitant to drop a huge traitorous tome right as his marriage ends and he has to go to his family for help during and after divorce. He will also need the support of the family to keep the children.

[quote]That's the latest tea I've heard on the book front

This falls in line with the book pushback date. It doesn’t gel with Nacho claiming Harry’s marriage has been good for him. Or maybe it does? Why would he lie, though?

It also gels with recent gossip from a day or so ago from a different source.

by Anonymousreply 577August 27, 2022 10:50 PM

Even the Guardian is negative about Meghan's first podcast and thinks she did a poor job,.

A new podcast is among us! All hail Archetypes, the long-awaited Spotify show from Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, which attempts to tackle the restrictive myths and tropes about women that keep us downtrodden and stymied, or at the very least “unable to be our authentic selves”. It’s words, apparently, that are holding us back, and each episode tackles one: ambition, diva, bitch…

So: sixth-form feminism, as opposed to anything practical, but then Meghan isn’t an investigative journalist. She’s an actor, not currently working, in a world where most ambitious women are defined by their career. Like many actors she has other jobs, and now, as well as heading up various charities and worthy initiatives, she’s a podcast host. And she has talent: she has a lovely voice, is intelligent and is clear and light when reading a script. But hosts need more. Archetypes podcast

Serena Williams is the guest on episode one, which is ostensibly about female ambition. We take some time to get to her. After a syrupy opening spiel from Meghan, followed by a cringey moment when Prince Harry pops up to say hi (in a show about ambitious women! Please…), we are treated to how Williams and Meghan became friends, and what they have in common (they’re the same age and both grew up in LA). After that, the most interesting bits come, of course, from Williams. She describes having to play in the 2018 French Open after being up all night because her young daughter, Olympia, broke her arm. Meghan then tells a story about her son, Archie, nearly being hurt in a fire while she and Harry were on a royal tour of South Africa in 2019.

Like Williams, Meghan too went on to do the job she was required to do, though she didn’t want to. Combining work, especially work with an audience, with having very young children is an interesting topic for women, but it isn’t explored in depth. It would have been good to have a few ideas about what could change, or whether “keep calm and carry on” is more than tea-towel philosophy. I also liked Williams’s take on tennis players’ behaviour. She pointed out not only that women are penalised for being as aggressive as men on court, but that tennis players aren’t allowed to show much passion at all, compared with, say, footballers. Again, this juicy topic wasn’t picked up by Meghan.

Another potentially revealing subject was deciding to step away from a career in which you’re celebrated, deemed the best at what you do. Williams is doing this now; the Sussexes have already made their move. Unfortunately, this too was smothered beneath a shower of “you’re so great” platitudes. It’s partly just the American sleb way, which is far too gushy for British muggle ears, but it quickly becomes as alienating as a guffawing, tuppenny-to-the-pound bro-cast. There are many, many producers on this show, but not one dared to edit the constant “I already knew this news about you, Serena, because you are my friend” comments from Meghan. Ugh.

A podcast host needs to welcome their audience, and despite her warmth, Meghan is exclusive. She has to be; it’s part of her USP. Very few interview-based podcasts can pull in guests such as Serena Williams, Mariah Carey and Margaret Cho. Alongside David Tennant Does a Podcast With…, Idris and Sabrina Elba’s Coupledom (both good) and the awful SmartLess, Archetypes exists due to its hosts’ elevated celebrity status. That’s OK, as long as the listener is always kept in mind. Every new podcast needs to know who it’s for, and until she can soothe her jumpy ego, this one is for Meghan and her mates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578August 27, 2022 10:52 PM

I thought Harry's Sentable comment about "recommitting to those you've promised to serve" was interesting. He didn't mention his wife at all (unusual for him) and she hasn't gone with him to Africa or the polo match.

by Anonymousreply 579August 27, 2022 11:11 PM

Again, not one word about Dr. Laura Kray, who was shoehorned in to the “second act” of the “Ambition” podcast, for a few minutes.

She’s a UCB professor and has published research. But it was al about Meghan and Serena’s mommy struggles.

Not every ambitious woman has children…

by Anonymousreply 580August 27, 2022 11:17 PM

While I think the marriage will break up eventually, I don't think we're there yet. Meghan will only leave when it's proven she doesn't need him and is her own success. If the podcast remains in the top ten (which I question) it will mark the start of the end. But I don't see them just breaking up, we will get stories leaked that make it look like Harry is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 581August 27, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote] While I think the marriage will break up eventually, I don't think we're there yet.

Agree. But.....the debacle at Harry’s UN speech where it was reported that they had a huge row beforehand (and he looked like a mess as she clawed and exhibited bizarre body language) revealed that they are significantly struggling.

Markle has never been a long-term strategist, and she and Harry act off of emotion and instinct. If things become simply untenable, I can see her noping out to a new, shinier, husband-to-be without her professional ducks in a row.

by Anonymousreply 582August 27, 2022 11:27 PM

I’d love to see this faux humanitarian wind up with Sean Penn.

by Anonymousreply 583August 27, 2022 11:41 PM

They will let her keep the title, but make her spell it "Meghan, Duchess of SussEX."

by Anonymousreply 584August 27, 2022 11:48 PM

If Harry has any smarts at all, he won't publish ANY book.

by Anonymousreply 585August 27, 2022 11:51 PM

[QUOTE]She describes having to play in the 2018 French Open after being up all night because her young daughter, Olympia, broke her arm. Meghan then tells a story about her son, Archie, nearly being hurt in a fire while she and Harry were on a royal tour of South Africa in 2019.

This tidbit of context makes the story about Archie's near brush with death even more weird and pathetic. Serena was up all night with a distressed baby in pain and she went on to play a physically and mentally challenging, even grueling sport the next day.. And I do believe Serena's story.

How on earth are these stories remotely comparable? One woman was a trooper, the other used a truly insignificant event to try to get out of an easy obligation. She wasn't being asked to run around a hot tennis court for three hours continuously thinking about tactics to overcome an opponent while fighting off fatigue. Serena must have been what the fucking to the high heavens.

by Anonymousreply 586August 28, 2022 12:00 AM

Harry is screwed. If he writes the book and puts in dirt about his family he will ruin the chance for any reconciliation which he may need down the road. If he writes the book and it is just about him and no dirt on the family it will bomb. Oh well, like my Mom used to say - you've made your bed, now lie in it.

by Anonymousreply 587August 28, 2022 12:03 AM

But Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, as a divorcee, is a British convention. She'll cling to it and the media will use it as long as she's useful to them, but it will mostly be an eye roller.

by Anonymousreply 588August 28, 2022 12:14 AM

Blacks were freed but with the promise that they would leave the country. Not everyone is liberal, dear.

by Anonymousreply 589August 28, 2022 12:39 AM

"'She's single-handedly offending the world country by country!' South Africans hit out at Meghan Markle"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590August 28, 2022 3:28 AM

Thanks, R578 for linking to the Guardian review. I'd been wondering if outlets institutionally inclined to cheerlead her would just ignore the podcast, as only a fan site could do a positive review.

by Anonymousreply 591August 28, 2022 5:00 AM

marklenews1 “from @secondhandcoke on Reddit. She has the inside scoop.:

“So here is what I heard. One reason he has delayed publication is because their currency after the Jubilee and Meghan’s podcast is too low to successfully launch the book.

BUT I’ve been informed that the biggest reason for the delay is that the marriage in seriously on the rocks. Like so on the rocks that divorce could easily be announced any week now. Harry is pushing the date back because he allegedly is hesitant to drop a huge traitorous tome right as his marriage ends and he has to go to his family for help during and after divorce. He will also need the support of the family to keep the children. That’s the latest tea I’ve heard on the book front.

--from the comments on the above marklenews1 instagram post: "To everybody saying Meghan would never leave him, no, it's Harry leaving Meghan. I'm in that Reddit group, it's excellent. SHC has a solid Hollywood insider source."

--another comment: "the irony. The truth is coming out through Mm's best friend 's billionaire husband's media."

--and: "It is rumoured Meghan is dating a billionaire..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592August 28, 2022 6:46 AM

Somebody there joked she is going after Rupert Murdoch

by Anonymousreply 593August 28, 2022 7:28 AM

Still hanging on for Musk. When somebody said he'd love having a child that was half-sibling of a BRF member, it clicked. And he's restless and likes coups. Cuckolding the son of the future king of England (and brother). Another lark for him.

by Anonymousreply 594August 28, 2022 7:30 AM

I wouldn't put it the Murdoch joke past her. Suddenly, she'll find that all her old liberal positions just aren't "her truth" anymore. She'll find a new, truer truth! Now she'll be a fascist whore for cash and prizes, wheeeee! She'll suck Rupert's thousand year old dick and play those Domme games he loves until the doctors pull the plug. Then she'll battle his kids for his fortune, whatever their names are Lachlan and Spiny Norman or some shit.

Elon, Murdoch, she'll probably make a play for Bezos and I think she already took a run at whatshisname.. Gates. It did not go well. She's so busy these days in LA. So many "late meetings" where she just has to stay overnight, or for several days. Anything to get away from Harry who appears to do anything to get away from her too, so that's nice. The rumors are that she's "seeing someone" in LA but nobody's making a move until after the Queen snuffs it. California is a community property state, after all.

by Anonymousreply 595August 28, 2022 7:48 AM

“King of England”, R594? Try again.

by Anonymousreply 596August 28, 2022 8:24 AM

[quote] The rumors are that she's "seeing someone" in LA

It may only be a rumor, but does jibe perfectly with her next-rung-up-the-prominence/wealth-ladder MO. She did the same while she was living with Cory Vitiello; zipping around the world, auditioning Rory, testing possibilities in London/the US, haranguing acquaintances to introduce her to someone promiment. Which is exactly how she got her initial intro to Harry via Violet von Westenholz. It might help to remember that she had Harry well and truly in her clutches before she allowed Cory to move out of their flat.

by Anonymousreply 597August 28, 2022 8:46 AM

Yeah, I know her MO. It's an old story of golddiggers and social climbers. In Mrs Harkle's case she failed to do her due diligence and Harry doesn't have the money she thought he had when she hooked him. This leaves her looking for another mark when she's in her forties with two children. Sure, it can be done but she's up against younger, prettier, unencumbered women. Men her own age want women in their 20's or 30's at the latest. She's looking at the 60+ age group and even they want women under 40. Also her reputation is shredded and it will be even more shredded by the time she goes through a lengthy divorce and custody battle with Harry and his backers, the British Royal Family. They'll close ranks around him regardless of the fact that he's a dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 598August 28, 2022 9:33 AM

FFS, R592, read the goddamn thread before you post . . .

by Anonymousreply 599August 28, 2022 9:56 AM

The End

by Anonymousreply 600August 28, 2022 1:48 PM

What r585, r587 and r598 said.

I've always believed the Sussexes will divorce.

If Harry has to go back to King Dad, I can see Charles writing a reimbursement check to Harry's publisher for whatever advance they paid Harry.

I have long maintained, when I haven't been run out of these threads for not joining the belief that Markle was seen, in a white smock, at the Wuhan lab, unleashing the Covid virus, and on the grassy knoll, to boot, that Markle is not in the class of women that can snag a billionaire.

Of course, I could be wrong about that. But, for the reasons that I've pointed out before and by others, Markle just doesn't have the game that a Lauren Sanchez or Wendi Deng have.

And sue me, but I've never joined in with moral outrage at a "gold digger", or "whore" slur. We all pay for it ine way or another.

I'll reserve "whore" and "gold-digger" for Donald Trump who whored out himself and the office of the US Presidency to the Biggest John Who Ever Johnned- Vladimir Putin.

Haven't and won't listen to Markle's podcast. I thought it would be just at the speed of how "The Guardian" reviewed it, and apparently, I was right. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 601August 28, 2022 2:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!