Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FBI executes search warrant on Mar-a-Mago! PART 3

Let’s carry on

by Anonymousreply 579August 19, 2022 5:58 PM

Mago

He he.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2022 7:59 PM

Breaking: Trump claims FBI has no jurisdiction, releases map showing Mar-a-Lago is in International waters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2022 8:01 PM

Magoo?

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2022 8:02 PM

R3- I have no idea what he is capable of saying or doing next or what is from from fiction at this point.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2022 8:05 PM

they've also subpoenaed the surveillance tape of who was coming and going."

"3 criminal statutes for the warrant: 18 U.S.C. sec 793, which deals with defense information; 18 U.S.C. sec 1519, which deals with destroying federal documents; and 18 U.S.C. sec 2071, which deals with concealing, removing, or damaging federal documents."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2022 8:15 PM

It still baffles me that the standard MAGA response to all this is "But the FBI didn't prosecute Hillary!" "What about Hunter? Where is his raid?"

Did they not go to nursery school?

Because that is where I learned that two wrongs do not make a right.

That if Hillary is talking when the teacher says "be quiet" that does not make it okay for you to start talking too.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2022 8:16 PM

R6, that's not even an apt analogy.

They want to pretend a drunk driver who killed a bunch of people is the same as spitting out gum.

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2022 8:19 PM

R2 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL He's in mental spin

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2022 8:19 PM

Correction: They want to make you believe spitting out gum is WORSE.

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2022 8:19 PM

I love how Lawrence O'Donnell always pronounces it Mar-a-Largo,

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2022 8:24 PM

Apparently, someone has been flying an aerial sign over MAL that says, “HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2022 8:45 PM

#TRE45ON is starting to trend on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2022 8:50 PM

I hope the FBI is watching him, he could possibly flee.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2022 8:52 PM

[Quote] It still baffles me that the standard MAGA response to all this is "But the FBI didn't prosecute Hillary!" "What about Hunter? Where is his raid?"

Haven’t they considered the possibility that just because the GOP peddled the BS that Hillary and Hunter were criminals doesn’t make it true.

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2022 8:56 PM

Ey plann two veesit mani frend in Slovenia fore long tyme.

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2022 8:58 PM

If Trump wanted to do a suicide pact with Melania, the way Hitler did with Eva Braun, She'd be "You first, Donald. You first. "

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2022 9:06 PM

Miss Ladybugs has arrived Mar-a-Lago. Strategizing. golf, and nookie. Then, she’s drunk.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2022 9:10 PM

R6 They are dumb and have a victim complex. So they are just going to but but Hunter, Hillary and Barack Hussein Obama.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2022 9:12 PM

MAGA Elsie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2022 9:16 PM

Is Kellyanne still defending Trump as the greatest man she ever worked for? I hate that cunt

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2022 9:17 PM

That WP is paywall - what’s the tea?

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2022 9:18 PM

The rats will jump ship. He's a losing proposition. It's becoming clearer day by day. No one is going to risk their political careers for him. They have their own ambitions.

Let's see what the tipping point will be.

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2022 9:20 PM

part of it R21

We still know very little about precisely what that means, but reality seems to have set in for some of Trump’s defenders: What if the evidence they opted not to wait for before deriding the Justice Department as politically “weaponized” was pretty damning?

Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) on Friday embodied this dilemma.

After more-nuanced comments from ranking committee Republican Michael R. Turner (Ohio) and Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Stefanik grabbed her trusty flamethrower. She cited the Biden administration’s “weaponization of the Department of Justice and FBI against Joe Biden’s political opponent” and declared the search was “a complete abuse and overreach of its authority.”

But when it came time for questions — about The Post’s report on the FBI seeking nuclear documents — the same Stefanik suddenly urged people to withhold judgment.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2022 9:21 PM

R6 MAGAt morons have been conditioned to deflect to accusations about Democrats whenever facts about tRump and the GQP's crimes are brought up. It's because they watch/listen to nothing but right wing garbage. They hold these people like Kellyanne Conway up on a pedestal--she's a master at this type of deflection.

I tried to set my MAGA relatives straight, using facts and news sources and they ALWAYS would deflect with BLM, Hillary's emails, etc. It was a waste of my time so I gave up trying to talk to them about it. They're in a brainwashed cult.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2022 9:22 PM

LadyG has been tweeting all afternoon. The lady is getting the vapors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2022 9:22 PM

continuing from R23 “So before you jump to conclusions and just accept information from sources who are not the attorney general, who are not the director of the FBI, let’s see what the facts are,” she said. “That’s why transparency is key here.”

A reporter jumped in to note that Republicans — including Stefanik — have expressed a large degree of certitude about whether this was an abuse of power before learning those facts. The reporter pointed to Republicans arguing en masse that this was political and floating the baseless planted-evidence theory.

Stefanik didn’t really address the premise. She noted that Republicans have asked for Attorney General Merrick Garland and the Department of Justice to preserve records — suggesting that the request demonstrated an interest in those facts. But that request was made as she and others were very much prejudging what those documents would reveal.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2022 9:22 PM

Miss Lindsey looks like she got plugs or is sporting a new Korean wiglet.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2022 9:23 PM

part 3 wapo - the Stefanik parts

(Rep. Chris Stewart (Utrah) stepped in to say, “I think it’s naive to assume that the American people would not wonder: Is this political?” But often, the response hasn’t been question-raising; it’s reached some rather firm prejudgments. Just minutes earlier, Stefanik was saying this was political and a weaponization of the Justice Department — not merely suggesting it as a possibility.)

Stefanik was asked a similar question earlier Friday on “Fox & Friends,” where host Steve Doocy also cited The Post’s reporting on the FBI seeking nuclear documents.

“If that is true and they were just in the basement in Mar-a-Lago, that’s kind of a big deal,” Doocy noted. Stefanik again expressed a sudden interest in waiting for the facts.

“Well, certainly, Steve, there’s been a lot of, again, guesses as to — and media reporting,” Stefanik said. “We do not know the facts, which is why it’s again important to follow the facts wherever they lead.”

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2022 9:25 PM

Is that true that Trump actually claimed his country club is not in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2022 9:27 PM

Last bit of article involving Michael Turner - ranking Republican (Ohio) - "the top Republican on the committee" [I left some paragraphs out so all this is not the complete article but this is the last part]:

But Turner added that he would be “surprised” if the Justice Department couldn’t get such documents other than by searching Trump’s residence. Turner also suggested that it would be surprising if Trump ever had such documents in his possession, and even said that having documents marked “classified” involving nuclear issues might not meet his test.

“I can tell you that there are a number of things that are classified that fall under the umbrella of nuclear weapons, but that are not necessarily things that are truly classified,” he said.

You begin to see how arduous this might be for Turner and others when further details come out. But recent history has shown how Republicans repeatedly have proved adept at retroactively drawing gray areas to cover wherever we find out Trump’s conduct lies. (And Turner is better insulated than others, having at least professed early on to have an open mind.)

But many have gone even further out on a limb for Trump, declining to wait for the facts that Stefanik now insists on heeding. And we’re about to start learning how firm that branch is.

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2022 9:31 PM

I hope these right wing pundits get the shit smacked out of them if they try the "Liberals weaponizing the FBI!" argument after the Right Wing used the FBI to smear Hillary right before the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2022 9:32 PM

I love when the NYT does its subtle snark

In this paragraph the writer is clearly (and no doubt correctly) imagining Trump chanting "I declassify thee! I declassify thee! I declassify thee!" over the papers and clicking his heels three times.

[quote] Mr. Trump has offered no details, but [bold][italic]if he is saying he made a blanket, oral invocation that all the files he took to Mar-a-Lago were unclassified, without making any formal, written record, [/bold][/italic]that would be difficult to definitively prove or disprove.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2022 9:32 PM

Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2022 9:33 PM

I sometimes wonder if Republicans would still support Trump after he took a shit on their face. Weaklings!

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2022 9:33 PM

The Deplorables are ok with treason, if it leads to a conservative right wing utopia. These guys hate liberals and democracy with a passion.

They would've hanged Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden if they had done 1/10th of what Trump did.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2022 9:36 PM

They are really stupid and craven. I hope they keep hanging on to him as he goes down.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2022 9:38 PM

But R7 and R14 - assume that in their opioid-addled minds it is the same thing.

It still doesn't mean Trump should get off.

It's like saying that just because the government didn't prosecute a murderer that every murderer should go free

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote] Miss Lindsey looks like she got plugs or is sporting a new Korean wiglet.

On DL, we refer to it as a *ratty* Korean wiglet.

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote] conservative right wing utopia

Mutually exclusive terms.

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2022 9:52 PM

How is MAGA spinning this? Unfair and no big deal? A set up? Why does anyone worry about these nut jobs???

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2022 10:00 PM

Allegedly, this Lincoln Project ad which ran on, of all places, FOX (!), made him unhinged on Truth Social.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2022 10:03 PM

Wow, r41!!!

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2022 10:05 PM

I thought his ability to declassify things ended when his presidency did. But could he say he had previously declassified everything he had ?? I think one of the pundits said his ability didn't extend to "extremely" sensitive things like nuclear secrets which could be sold to Iran or whomever.

I mean, that's insane! A president could declassify such a thing then sell it for a billion dollars siphoned through his kids - and then say, well, it wasn't classified because I said so!

If true, that loophole has got to be closed because I don't think Trump is the last extreme crook the maga-base is going to get elected.

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2022 10:06 PM

[quote]Allegedly, this Lincoln Project ad made him unhinged on Truth Social.

You mean he was previously HINGED on Truth Social?

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2022 10:06 PM

Can someone post r19 please

by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2022 10:09 PM

R43 you mean he can still declassify by clicking his Ruby heels 👠 👠 (with lifts)

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2022 10:09 PM

No, R43, that's just deplorable spin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2022 10:11 PM

R43 There's a process he has to follow. It also doesn't apply here. He can't just say oops I declassified that. He's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote] How is MAGA spinning this? Unfair and no big deal? A set up?

Large Marge is introducing Articles of Impeachment against Garland because it is a violation of American principles to use the law to persecute political enemies.

Persecute.

Enemies.

Not the slightest consideration of the fact that it is a violation of American principles to jeopardize national security. Not one whit of thought to the notion that their hero might be wrong.

And, most importantly, no acknowledgement that they believe laws don't apply to them. They well and truly believe that laws are meant for the weak and lawless. Laws are mean to be used to subjugate and...persecute. In her mind there are good people and there are enemies with no middle ground in between.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2022 10:15 PM

Marjorie is always threatening to draw up Articles of Impeachment but she is clueless snd probably illiterate. She needs to be slapped with a big black dildo in the face.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2022 10:21 PM

Ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 51August 12, 2022 10:24 PM

R50 she has no clue what she's doing. The Congressional staffers told her they put it in the permanent impeachment file and laughed at her when she left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2022 10:24 PM

[quote] She needs to be slapped with a big black dildo in the face.

Dildo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 12, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote]Marjorie is always threatening to draw up Articles of Impeachment

Yeah, but they were just xeroxes of articles from 30 year old Reader's Digests.

by Anonymousreply 54August 12, 2022 10:32 PM

And Comey was all about Hillary's emails. Somebody needs to open an investigation into Comey. I never believed all that spin about him playing by the book and having no motives derailing Hillary's presidency.

Everybody who was familiar with Trump over the decades knew he was an unhinged madman who would stop at nothing to make a profit.

Comey got his first job from Ghouliani. Why the hell did Obama even nominate Comey?? So many things surrounding the 2016 election don't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 55August 12, 2022 10:38 PM

She's also selling a line of anti-FBI gear now.

It will never cease to amazing me how the weakest people in the country always insist that THEIR idea, or THEIR position, or THEIR posture is the only legitimate one.

And by "amaze" I mean "infuriate".

Also, sorry I forgot the question mark at R53. A simple "Dildo?" was supposed to be the sight gag.

Oh, yeah; I'm not psychic but I have a strong feeling that he's going to pull it out in the end. Not that he's a great candidate, but because I just don't see things working out well for her. The energy I get is tragic, actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 12, 2022 10:42 PM

She’s the ultimate in white trash. Keep talking bitch, keep talking.

by Anonymousreply 57August 12, 2022 10:47 PM

She looks like foot oder.

by Anonymousreply 58August 12, 2022 10:49 PM

SHE NEED TO QUIT

by Anonymousreply 59August 12, 2022 10:50 PM

[quote] Why the hell did Obama even nominate Comey

Obama was a right-wing who got away with a lot of things because he was black and knew how to play the race card.

by Anonymousreply 60August 12, 2022 10:57 PM

R49, that link disgusted me, not because of that cunt, but because of the fucking the media who insist on covering every stupid thing this woman says.

If this country goes down, I hope the media are the first to get their heads taken off. They did all of this.

by Anonymousreply 61August 12, 2022 11:00 PM

Continuing from R43 - about presidential ability to classify, I found an expert on Twitter (I think)

@DomenicoNPR Takeaways from this good @gcaw article in @TheAtlantic :

1. A president has the right to declassify, BUT the next president has the ability to RECLASSIFY.

2. The declassification ability does not apply to nuclear materials, based on Atomic Energy Act

by Anonymousreply 62August 12, 2022 11:03 PM

The wildest comment is Trump saying Mar-A Lago is international waters. Someone needs to 5150 Trump.

by Anonymousreply 63August 12, 2022 11:05 PM

The Atlantic article mentioned above (they give you so many free articles before the paywall)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 12, 2022 11:06 PM

For those who are trying to downplay this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 12, 2022 11:07 PM

That Lincoln Project video designed to drive Trump crazy deserves an Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 66August 12, 2022 11:14 PM

R35 not so sure about that. Deplorables are actually split on a lot of issues; right down the middle. Half still honor the constitution of you can believe it. And still have some structure left to their thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 67August 12, 2022 11:15 PM

Atlantic article details:

[Trump] could have waved his hand over the U-Haul trailer as it headed out the White House driveway and down I-95 toward Florida, and there would have been no classified material in there to mishandle.

J. William Leonard [Director of the Information Security Oversight Office] noted important caveats, however. First, Trump’s power to declassify ended with his presidency. Second, that U-Haul could be reclassified by someone else. (Depending on traffic and the sharpness of the Biden administration, I would imagine it could have been reclassified somewhere around Fredericksburg, Virginia.) And third, there are certain materials that presidents cannot classify and declassify at will. One such category of material is the identity of spies.

Another is nuclear secrets. The Atomic Energy Acts of 1946 and 1954 produced an even stranger category of classified knowledge. Anything related to the production or use of nuclear weapons and nuclear power is inherently classified, and Trump could utter whatever words he pleased yet still be in possession of classified material. Where are our nuclear warheads? What tricks have we developed to make sure they work? This information is “born secret” no matter who produces it. The restrictions on documents of this type are incredibly tight. In the unlikely event that Trump came up with a new way to enrich uranium, and scribbled it on a cocktail napkin poolside at Mar-a-Lago early this year, that napkin would instantly have become a classified document subject to various controls and procedures, and possibly illegal for the former president to possess. Of course if he did so, no prosecutor would pursue him. A certain amount of leeway is crucial to the system.

If Trump was keeping nuclear secrets in the storeroom of his country club, without even the benefit of a padlock, and resisted attempts to secure those secrets against infiltrators and spies, a prosecutor might reasonably take more interest. After all, he’s the ex-president, not the pope. --Graeme Wood is a staff writer at The Atlantic

by Anonymousreply 68August 12, 2022 11:15 PM

Does anyone have a WaPo sub that can post r19 or at least some of the text.

Where is r19 anyway? Taking a bubble bath?

by Anonymousreply 69August 12, 2022 11:16 PM

Fuck. Fingerprinting the documents? Barely anyone will be alive, who is alive now (including Donald Trump), when the findings of the investigation get released in 2100.

by Anonymousreply 70August 12, 2022 11:18 PM

Significant portions of that article have already been posted in this thread

by Anonymousreply 71August 12, 2022 11:18 PM

The orange idiot said he declassified everything he took! What. Clearly he is a mentally retarded narcissist. AKA dangerously stupid. His loyal followers are the same they all remind me of crank addicts operating on amphetamine logic. Never thought i'd be hoping for assistance from and glad for the "deep state," thankfully they are there to provide some check to wing nut and his merry idiots.

by Anonymousreply 72August 12, 2022 11:19 PM

R67, stop embarrassing yourself. By being a deplorable in the first place, they have no respect for the institutions of this country, nor for the presidency, nor even for themselves. To be a Trump supporter is to be garbage. Don't play this bullshit game where they deserve any respect. They followed that idiot from day one for one reason: He was a prejudiced, hateful pile of shit. He was and is a stupid man who wouldn't know the constitution from an Arthur Treacher's menu.

by Anonymousreply 73August 12, 2022 11:19 PM

[R69] Excerpts are at R23, R26, R28 and R30

by Anonymousreply 74August 12, 2022 11:20 PM

[quote] [R35] not so sure about that. Deplorables are actually split on a lot of issues; right down the middle. Half still honor the constitution of you can believe it. And still have some structure left to their thoughts.

They can't call themselves Deplorable and be critical of Trump and his way of how he handles highly classified documents. There is no nuance in that cult. They convince themselves that everything is fine and legal, while the rest of us know nothing is fine and nothing Trump has done is legal or ethical.

by Anonymousreply 75August 12, 2022 11:22 PM

It's what every DLer needs - wait, maybe we should be sending these kits the DJT's grandchildren and Barron (of course)!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 12, 2022 11:24 PM

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 77August 12, 2022 11:25 PM

I'd be shocked if Biden's team didn't take active steps to formally reclassify everything they were alerted was missing, even if it was never actually declassified. Contrary to the bullshit dementia Biden narrative the deplorables keep trying to make happen, Biden is old school and knows what the fuck he is doing.

Regardless, the criminality of the statutes in the warrant do not hinge on whether the documents are classified. The MAGAts are harping on it as a smokescreen.

by Anonymousreply 78August 12, 2022 11:27 PM

Remind me: what stage of coping with grief is bargaining?

by Anonymousreply 79August 12, 2022 11:28 PM

Between the fingerprints and the surveillance videos, it’s going to be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 80August 12, 2022 11:31 PM

I believe that's the "they're watching me, I know it" stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 12, 2022 11:31 PM

The US Justice Department is investigating whether former President Donald Trump violated the Espionage Act, which prohibits retaining national security information that could harm the United States or aid a foreign adversary, The New York Times, Politico and The Guardian report. Per an FBI warrant obtained by the outlets, Trump is also being investigated for violating additional statutes relating to obstruction of justice and destroying federal government records. Conviction under these statutes can result in imprisonment or fines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 12, 2022 11:40 PM

CNN: Key lines from the search warrant and receipt from search of Maralago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 12, 2022 11:43 PM

Fines he would NEVER pay. And forget imprisonment, think of how it would look, a former US president in jail? We're not Brazil or El Salvador or one of those corrupt places. We're the Upholder of Democracy Around the World. People look up to us!

/s

by Anonymousreply 84August 12, 2022 11:45 PM

r84, not anymore, unless things change.

by Anonymousreply 85August 12, 2022 11:48 PM

Archived copy of article at R19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 12, 2022 11:50 PM

R84

[quote] Since 2009, Israel has indicted its sitting prime minster, France has prosecuted and convicted two former presidents, and South Korea has prosecuted, convicted, and imprisoned two of its former presidents. All were on corruption charges. It’s not unheard of among democracies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 12, 2022 11:53 PM

Something they took from Maralago is especially interesting to me (found it at R83 link)

Material about the "President of France."

Hmmm. You think he has some scandalous scoop about our beautiful Emmanuel Macron?

by Anonymousreply 88August 13, 2022 12:01 AM

Just thinking about how Russia has been threatening us with nuclear war for months and months. Of course we aren't the only country they regularly threaten to nuke, but it is difficult not to worry about what Beelzebub has sold and who all he sold it to.

by Anonymousreply 89August 13, 2022 12:04 AM

Look at some of these dates. He's such a piece of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 13, 2022 12:07 AM

A Reminder:

Even when the Red Army was at the gates of Berlin, a sizable number of Germans believed that Hitler would somehow prevail, that there would be a secret weapon to defeat the Allies and that there was a secret army about to encircle the Russians

by Anonymousreply 91August 13, 2022 12:14 AM

R90- NASA. Musk and satellites.

by Anonymousreply 92August 13, 2022 12:17 AM

Some more fun little facts from memory lane to keep in mind:

Trump overrode the denial of security clearance to Jared and others.

Trump refused to cooperate with transitioning in the new Biden administration.

by Anonymousreply 93August 13, 2022 12:23 AM

“Unprecedented” number of threats against FBI in wake of search.

But, somewhere a liberal interrupted a conservative's dinner to call them out for supporting a fascist, so it all evens out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 13, 2022 12:43 AM

A more succinct version of what I was attempting to say at R49

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 13, 2022 12:45 AM

R94 Take this as PURELY ANECDOTAL, but I was in a Sheels Sporting Goods store yesterday buying a bike rack for my vehicle and there were lots of MAGA looking redneck type white guys in line checking out, all buying boxes of ammo. Maybe they were just buying ammo to go shoot up road signs on BLM land, but I thought it odd that they were all there on a Thursday mid-day buying ammo.

I'd like to see some statistics on gun and ammo sales since the FBI seized those items at Maga-Lardo....

There will be more violence from these fools.

by Anonymousreply 96August 13, 2022 12:54 AM

R94, honestly? Part of me feels this is karma for them. Years and years of thinking brown and black people were the biggest threat to this country. Treating non-whites/non-Christians like criminals. Take a look in the mirror, conservative white guys at the FBI/DHS/NSA/CIA, etc., because if/when this country goes down, it's on you all.

by Anonymousreply 97August 13, 2022 1:04 AM

Yep, perhaps this will get the FBI to finally take the threat posed by white right-wing violence seriously.

by Anonymousreply 98August 13, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote] Take this as PURELY ANECDOTAL, but I was in a Sheels Sporting Goods store yesterday buying a bike rack for my vehicle and there were lots of MAGA looking redneck type white guys in line checking out, all buying boxes of ammo. Maybe they were just buying ammo to go shoot up road signs on BLM land, but I thought it odd that they were all there on a Thursday mid-day buying ammo. ... There will be more violence from these fools.

This person is speaking of something in a different context and yet the answer is applicable here:

[quote] When you've been comforted by unexamined privilege, equality will be viewed as a suffocating oppression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 13, 2022 1:13 AM

@DonLew87 6h

Trump apparently leaked the warrant to Breitbart. The DOJ had sought to redact or shield the names of agents involved. Trump took no caution. The Breitbart article has names of agents, which obviously puts a target on their back. Reprehensible. Trump needs to be stopped. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 100August 13, 2022 1:13 AM

I think there's going to be a catastrophic violent event at some point, which will hopefully cause us to change course. I hate even thinking of that, but that's where we're headed.

by Anonymousreply 101August 13, 2022 1:17 AM

R101, I don't see ever living in peace until we separate from these people.

by Anonymousreply 102August 13, 2022 1:18 AM

Fox News, Newsmax, right-wing talk radio, and many GQP politicians in Congress and the state and local levels, are stirring the anger of MAGA cultists. Lies are spread and MAGAs love to hear the “deep state” and Democrats are their enemy.

McCarthy, Stefanik, Graham, and others in the legislative branch have been implying the f-b-I was planting evidence and Biden was behind it to keep Trump from running again. Their audience are not critical thinkers and a majority are not college educated.

The person they should be demanding to appear before Congress immediately is not Garland or Wray. It is Lachlan Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 103August 13, 2022 1:19 AM

Team MARY!!!! out in full force tonight

by Anonymousreply 104August 13, 2022 1:23 AM

I think Lindseybelle may have been the leaker. I bet his blackmail material was among the documents taken.

by Anonymousreply 105August 13, 2022 1:36 AM

R100, he never learns. He really does act like a toddler, only he's dangerous and can get someone killed with his vindictive tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 106August 13, 2022 1:37 AM

Hannity is admitting to the possibility of Trump in jail.

"You know, this code that is being cited by Marc Elias and all these other people negates the very enumerated qualifications in the Constitution, and the specific requirements for somebody not to be eligible to run, and that would be impeachment and conviction," Hannity said during Friday's show. "It doesn't mention anything about being, you know, maybe not following every single dotted 'I' and crossed 't' in the Presidential Records Act of the National Archives Act."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 13, 2022 1:38 AM

And Hannity could keep him company there.

by Anonymousreply 108August 13, 2022 1:40 AM

I have a feeling polling next week will show decreased support for Trump among Republicans. He’s a national embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 109August 13, 2022 1:43 AM

They will soon realize what a liability he is, and throw him under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 110August 13, 2022 1:47 AM

So Trump gives Breitbart the names of the agents - and then conservative media says these men planted the documents that they're using to prosecute Trump ?? After what happened in Cincinatti, I assume to just any random FBI agent -- these particular guys need to go into witness protection, in the UK or Australia - or some much safer and more gun-free than this POS country.

by Anonymousreply 111August 13, 2022 1:48 AM

Now would be a great time to release the wee wee tape, Vlad! Kick him while he's down!

by Anonymousreply 112August 13, 2022 1:48 AM

Fox News read a statement from Trump in which he claimed a “standing order” to declassify any documents he took home with him:

“President Trump in order to prepare the work the next day often took documents including classified documents to the residence. He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them.

“The power to classify and declassify documents rests solely with the president of the United States. The idea that some paper-pushing bureaucrat with classification authority delegated by the president needs to approve the declassification is absurd,”

by Anonymousreply 113August 13, 2022 1:58 AM

Despite the dystopian nightmare they've imposed, I'm finding MAGATS pushing the idea Trump could just declassify State secrets via the Michael Scott method somewhat amusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2022 2:01 AM

Standing order? Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 115August 13, 2022 2:01 AM

Was it planted or stolen? Get your story straight

by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2022 2:02 AM

In other wo da, he routinely stole documents from the WH office and stashed them in his residence.

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2022 2:04 AM

^ words

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2022 2:04 AM

"Standing order"?

What the fuck does that even mean? From whom? To whom?

Holy Crap.

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2022 2:05 AM

The funniest thing about that statement is the claim that Trump brought work home to prepare for the next day.

by Anonymousreply 120August 13, 2022 2:06 AM

It’s also funny that he thinks it somehow helps him.

by Anonymousreply 121August 13, 2022 2:09 AM

The full statement:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 13, 2022 2:10 AM

Embarrassed

by Anonymousreply 123August 13, 2022 2:14 AM

Well it’s certainly helping him to go down in history as the worst President ever.

by Anonymousreply 124August 13, 2022 2:17 AM

Did Trump have the contents of the Pecker safe in HIS safe?

We have not heard of the Pecker safe since the Mueller investigation.

by Anonymousreply 125August 13, 2022 2:25 AM

R119, the “standing order” claim is stupid beyond belief. For one thing, you’d think he would have mentioned it at some point in his conversations with the DOJ: “You know I declassified all of these documents, right? Every time I touched a document, it magically became unclassified. There’s nothing to worry about.”

by Anonymousreply 126August 13, 2022 2:25 AM

Melania was in charge of peckers.

by Anonymousreply 127August 13, 2022 2:26 AM

Trump keeps all his important documents in a very safe toilet.

by Anonymousreply 128August 13, 2022 2:40 AM

Don’t forget Mike Pompeo and his obsession with the state department and the CIA. They got everything.

by Anonymousreply 129August 13, 2022 3:04 AM

Standing order = I just say shit as it comes to me when the last thing I said doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 130August 13, 2022 3:54 AM

Have the contents of the 15 boxes from before been collated with that of the 12 recently from the FBI? I imagine that's going on right now.

by Anonymousreply 131August 13, 2022 4:26 AM

[quote]Well it’s certainly helping him to go down in history as the worst President ever.

As if he needed any help.

by Anonymousreply 132August 13, 2022 9:35 AM

[quote]And forget imprisonment, think of how it would look, a former US president in jail? We're not Brazil or El Salvador or one of those corrupt places.

Oh please if France can lock up their ex presidents, so can the US.

by Anonymousreply 133August 13, 2022 10:14 AM

If we had locked up Nixon like we should have, we never would have had a trump

by Anonymousreply 134August 13, 2022 11:13 AM

[quote] If we had locked up Nixon like we should have, we never would have had a trump.

I don't believe that is true. Watergate pushed the right wing (like Roger Stone) to go after the press, in the sense of rich conservatives buying newspapers and magazines to control them and prevent another Watergate report bombshell.

Unfortunately, there'll always be "I will succeed, where he fails!" wannabe copy cats who are blinded by ambition and greed. Severe punishment isn't enough. What would help is take away whatever they hope to benefit, like financial and power advantages and balance the power more evenly (so, no McConnell type being able to keep an obvious criminal and grifter in power for his own self-serving agenda).

by Anonymousreply 135August 13, 2022 11:47 AM

Watergate taught the right wing to cover their bases better, destroying paperwork, etc. That's why the Iran/Contra scandal, which was far worse than Watergate (they actually created a shadow government) didn't really effect Reagan all that much as he had "plausable deniability." But more than that, the crazy right wing of the party took 40 years to buld up their plan, get their guys on the Supreme Court, and school boards and deal with the census, etc. This is what we've been dealing with since 1980.

by Anonymousreply 136August 13, 2022 12:25 PM

[quote]Watergate taught the right wing to cover their bases better, destroying paperwork, etc.

And TFG has managed to flush all of those hard-won lessons right down the fucking shitter.

by Anonymousreply 137August 13, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote]They could have had it anytime they wanted—and that includes LONG ago. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK.

I can't believe this motherfucker said that, after he sued to keep a bunch of those documents, claiming they were just personal notes and he was allowed to keep them because he had executive privilege. The SCOTUS had to tell him he did not, and to return the documents, which he didn't do. It took a few visits to get the rest of the documents, and then a whistleblower had to tell the FBI that there were STILL MORE DOCUMENTS that he never turned over.

What kind of stupid person believes Trump at this point? I mean, I get it, Trumpsters are stupid, venal creatures, but surely there has to be some who are watching all this unfold and thinking, hey, I think I've been hoodwinked here.

by Anonymousreply 138August 13, 2022 12:45 PM

I think locking Nixon up would have helped in that people would have had more confidence in the political apparatus in this country. If you look at statistics, once Nixon was exposed in Watergate and then pardoned, voting numbers dropped by almost half. Young people stopped voting, sure that it didn't matter if they voted or not, since people like Nixon would get away with anything. We've never recovered from that. I suspect it's a big reason why Reagan was elected just 6 years after Nixon resigned. There shouldn't have been another Republican president for a long time, but it took almost no time at all for everyone to go back to pretending like the GOP wasn't full of criminals.

It's true though that the Republicans went hard on the propaganda and the backroom deals to discredit Carter, and the media was complicit in that, and the Repugs probably would have been even more vicious had Nixon done time or at least been convicted.

by Anonymousreply 139August 13, 2022 12:48 PM

Now we know what Melania had in that little crocodile a Birkin when they left the WH for Mar-A-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 140August 13, 2022 1:14 PM

MAGA Lardo

by Anonymousreply 141August 13, 2022 1:26 PM

It doesn’t matter what he says about declassifying documents. Anything dealing with nuclear capabilities is permanently classified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 13, 2022 1:40 PM

Who cares if they were classified or not.

You still can’t SELL THEM ON THR BLACK MARKET!!!

by Anonymousreply 143August 13, 2022 1:51 PM

I only sold them to WHITE people r143!

And a couple dozen middle eastern gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 144August 13, 2022 1:53 PM

Trump has never understood what a US president can and can't do

In many instances, as revealed by his former staffers, he seemed to think presidents had the same powers as medieval kings.

by Anonymousreply 145August 13, 2022 1:55 PM

r145

by Anonymousreply 146August 13, 2022 2:08 PM

R145 I’m not buying th dumb and naive act. He’s a godfather/monster. They know what they are doing.

by Anonymousreply 147August 13, 2022 2:12 PM

Trump had a legion of government officials and aides at his disposal. He had lawyers on staff to advise him. He only wanted to listen to people who would tell him what he wanted to hear. A bunch of them, such as Bannon, Rudy, and Flynn, weren’t government employees or recent staff. There’s no excuse. On surface, it looks as if he intended to sell nuclear and relate data for $$$$$$$$. Who knows if Poo 10 didn’t already have access? I hope that hasn’t occurred.

by Anonymousreply 148August 13, 2022 3:29 PM

r133, and Italy's Berlusconi.

by Anonymousreply 149August 13, 2022 3:53 PM

"At least one lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump signed a written statement in June asserting that all material marked as classified and held in boxes in a storage area at Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and club had been returned to the government.

The existence of the signed declaration is a possible indication that Mr. Trump or his team were not fully forthcoming with federal investigators about the material. And it could help explain why a potential violation of a criminal statute related to obstruction was cited by the department as one basis for seeking the search warrant used to carry out the daylong search of the former president’s home on Monday."

Countdown to Trump throwing that lawyer under the bus ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 13, 2022 4:32 PM

Trump can't hire good attorneys anymore, he only gets idiots and lackeys these days. Wonder if the lawyer who signed off on the statement saying all classified material was returned is an idiot or a lackey? Who knows, maybe they're an overachiever and they're both.

by Anonymousreply 151August 13, 2022 4:35 PM

Was it signed by trans attorney Christina Bobb?

by Anonymousreply 152August 13, 2022 4:40 PM

R151, it’s hard to believe any attorney would trust anything Trump said.

by Anonymousreply 153August 13, 2022 5:04 PM

$$$$

by Anonymousreply 154August 13, 2022 5:14 PM

His lawyer needs a lawyer. Either the lawyer knew what he signed was a lie. Or he didn't. Either way Trump is in trouble, for abetting a crime.

by Anonymousreply 155August 13, 2022 9:36 PM

Trump lackeys are really gunning for the FBI agents, and their families, to be murdered.

[quote]Garrett Ziegler posted the personal info of purported FBI agents—along with links to one of their kids’ social media accounts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 13, 2022 9:41 PM

R156, the next step should be for the FBI to shut down Truth Social as a terrorist organization.

by Anonymousreply 157August 13, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote]If we had locked up Nixon like we should have, we never would have had a trump.

We have Trump for one reason: The media.

The moment he was revealed as a birther, that was the moment he should've been shut down. That shit reality show should've been taken away and never interview him again. They legitimized that pile of dog shit by continuing to interview him and just let him spew garbage like he sent investigators to HI. Did that other pile of shit Wolf Blitzer ever follow-up with Trump on that? Did that asshole David Muir follow-up? Did any media outlet press him on that lie about investigators who found "unbelievable stuff" ? No, they didn't. What did they do? They covered rally after rally after rally and press conf. after press conf. after press conf. giving him free advertising.

The media created him just like they spread the lies regarding Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 158August 14, 2022 12:10 AM

You're so right R158. AND, the media loved DJT during the early days of 2015. He gave them the best, most repeatable quotes and every single 'debate' that was stages for that cavalcade of conservatives who careened around the country in a clown car road trip to convention centers. They played Trump over and over and over - no one else got the free air time or newspaper articles or editorials.

As a friend told me, Trump would have been nothing if just one of the other candidates had strode across the stage one night and punched that orange turd in the face. Ted Cruz proved what a total pussy he was/is/forever shall be when HE did not take out Trump after the Donald's remarks about Cruz's wife or father.

by Anonymousreply 159August 14, 2022 12:23 AM

I think Biden's low poll numbers have a lot to do with the media's obsession with the Trump clown show that made them LOTs and LOTs of money. The media thieves on chaos and those 24 hour news cycle headlines that Trump was willing to deliver. Trump was aware of this symbiosis, they fed off each other.

by Anonymousreply 160August 14, 2022 1:01 AM

That was part of the problem for sure R160

The other part was that Biden's team doesn't realize the importance of playing that game in the age of social media and did not hire the right people (or anyone, it seems) to manage the spin cycle for him.

by Anonymousreply 161August 14, 2022 1:05 AM

R153, it's hard to believe they think they'll be paid.

by Anonymousreply 162August 14, 2022 1:13 AM

Mika & Joe on Morning Joe had Trump calling into the show for months and say whatever he wanted to softball questions. During the same period Mika was relentless in attacking Hillary Clinton. Mika was like another Maureen Dowd.

Nowadays, Mika & Joe are defensive about it. After Trump turned on them, they changed their tune. Too late, they helped get Trump elected.

by Anonymousreply 163August 14, 2022 1:20 AM

[quote] We have Trump for one reason: The media.

Nope. Americans elected this criminal. They knew exactly what they were voting for from his time in NY real estate to his candid policy positions speeches on the campaign trail. Most transparent crook ever. Yet he was elected.

No sympathy for your country. Only the electorate to blame. He took you all on a corrupt lie and now buyers remorse. Republicans should have run him out of town on a rail on the first primary. But chose not to..

by Anonymousreply 164August 14, 2022 1:21 AM

Doesn’t it seem like the faux R outrage has already dissipated?

by Anonymousreply 165August 14, 2022 1:22 AM

They're just regrouping R165. Once they know more about what DOJ actually has on Trump, they will adjust talking points accordingly and go on the offensive again.

by Anonymousreply 166August 14, 2022 1:25 AM

[quote]The other part was that Biden's team doesn't realize the importance of playing that game in the age of social media and did not hire the right people

You're aware that Biden got the highest popular vote number in US history. Nobody ever got so many democrats to the polls but Biden. So he did something right in that regard. People need to tune out the noise and focus on the facts.

I have to admit I was not in favour of Biden, although I always felt he was shrewd, which I did like! I'm glad I was completely wrong in not wanting him to run, because Uncle Joe is fixing problems left and right and he pushing all the right buttons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 14, 2022 1:29 AM

They will do their usual:

- Democrats are overreacting

- It’s not that bad

- we don’t know if any of this is true

- Americans are sick of the country being stolen from them

- The FBI is run by Pelosi

by Anonymousreply 168August 14, 2022 2:15 AM

And of course the usual favorites, it’s a hoax and a witch-hunt.

by Anonymousreply 169August 14, 2022 2:28 AM

The Twitterati is now reporting that there’s VIDEO surveillance that indicates that someone removed boxes of stuff AFTER Maralardo was told they had a warrant to search the property!!

So there are more documents/paperwork missing 😳😳

by Anonymousreply 170August 14, 2022 2:40 AM

Probably all the January 6 plans and blackmail files.

by Anonymousreply 171August 14, 2022 2:45 AM

Is there a link?

by Anonymousreply 172August 14, 2022 2:47 AM

R170, because it wasn’t really a “raid,” because the Secret Service on site knew the FBI was coming, that is possible.

by Anonymousreply 173August 14, 2022 2:59 AM

[quote]The other part was that Biden's team doesn't realize the importance of playing that game in the age of social media

Many pundits and commentators said that Biden's success was probably BECAUSE he wasn't doing the hot-takes-on-Twitter thing.

by Anonymousreply 174August 14, 2022 4:15 AM

This is reminding me how chaotic and draining Trump is. He thrives on sewing division and getting everyone confused, riled up and focused on him. The fact that Republicans today are still considering him their #1 guy … who are these crazy people enabling a criminal???

by Anonymousreply 175August 14, 2022 4:37 AM

R175 Yes, Biden has been a relief after 4 years of daily mayhem from Trump. With Trump, the whole country is turned into children with a mentally ill father that they cannot escape.

by Anonymousreply 176August 14, 2022 5:41 AM

He. Had. The. List. Of. Our. Undercover. Agents!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 14, 2022 5:43 AM

i think we knew that around noon today, r177.

by Anonymousreply 178August 14, 2022 5:44 AM

Here’s one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 14, 2022 8:02 AM

[quote] We have Trump for one reason: The media.

[quote] Nope. Americans elected this criminal. They knew exactly what they were voting for from his time in NY real estate to his candid policy positions speeches on the campaign trail. Most transparent crook ever. Yet he was elected.

Media is a mass manipulation tool. People voted for Trump, because they listened and watched pro-Trump propaganda and anti-Hillary smear campaigns. They let themselves get manipulated, because for people it's easier and more preferable to blame others than face responsibility for your own life sucking so bad.

by Anonymousreply 180August 14, 2022 9:56 AM

My apologies, ... because for people it's easier and more preferable to blame others than face responsibility for THEIR own life sucking so bad.

by Anonymousreply 181August 14, 2022 9:57 AM

[quote] The other part was that Biden's team doesn't realize the importance of playing that game in the age of social media and did not hire the right people

[quote] You're aware that Biden got the highest popular vote number in US history. Nobody ever got so many democrats to the polls but Biden. So he did something right in that regard. People need to tune out the noise and focus on the facts.

Running for president is very different than governing. And let's be real: many of those votes were anti-Trump, not pro-Biden though people did like him and saw him as a seasoned rational leader. But the large voter turnout was to get rid of Trump.

Biden has had many wins but his team has not been very good about trumpeting them and getting him the credit he deserves

[quote] Many pundits and commentators said that Biden's success was probably BECAUSE he wasn't doing the hot-takes-on-Twitter thing.

What pundits said was that Biden was not reacting to whatever "Twitter" was saying and kept off social media himself. But there are many ways to influence the spin cycle that don't involve getting on Twitter. Social media does make news travel faster though. There's a way to take advantage of it to trumpet your accomplishments that does not make you a Twitter troll like Trump. Biden's problem was that Biden himself is a not a blow-my-own-horn type. Great in an election, not so great afte

by Anonymousreply 182August 14, 2022 10:12 AM

Trump is now re-truthing* Q drops on Truth Social, if you were wondering how well he's taking all this.

*I felt queasy just typing that out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 14, 2022 11:41 AM

It's not surprising that Trump's followers will rather believe Q-Anon lies than actual facts. The Deplorables want to be right and justified in their hate, facts get in the way of that.

We put down rabid dogs, but coddle rabid men. We can't make Deplorables accept the truth or prevent them from taking action based on their deep rooted hate. They are beyond saving. Just look at the idiot who shot at FBI agents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 14, 2022 11:51 AM

Good to know Trump is over on his little Truth Social site admitting his guilt.

Fool.

by Anonymousreply 185August 14, 2022 12:20 PM

This is good news

The crazier Trump gets, the easier it is for people to walk away from him. His hardcore supporters will be more radicalized but lots of Republican voters will be able to say "I used to support him and I like what he did for the country, but he's just gotten too crazy now with all these conspiracy theories.'

by Anonymousreply 186August 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Is it fair to refer to him as ROTUS now?

by Anonymousreply 187August 14, 2022 12:54 PM

Truth social was created for the explicit purpose of Qanon follower manipulation by trumpworld. Everything crazy they do is calculated to direct their cult into action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 14, 2022 2:04 PM

I'm sure this attempted attacker will be found to be a Qnut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 14, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote]But there are many ways to influence the spin cycle that don't involve getting on Twitter. Social media does make news travel faster though. There's a way to take advantage of it to trumpet your accomplishments that does not make you a Twitter troll like Trump.

Suggestions, r182?

by Anonymousreply 190August 14, 2022 3:04 PM

They aren't walking away though. They're gaining control over our election process.

The Qult manipulation and the "crazy" actions are meant to drive those followers to terrorize while the competent ones continue overthrowing democracy.

It's all meant to make you discount them as crazy, distract you from the real threat, which is them rejecting election results, just like they tried in 2020.

"Flood the zone with shit," remember?

by Anonymousreply 191August 14, 2022 3:28 PM

nope.

by Anonymousreply 192August 14, 2022 3:28 PM

r192

by Anonymousreply 193August 14, 2022 3:33 PM

r666

by Anonymousreply 194August 14, 2022 3:35 PM

r77...Sunset Strip

by Anonymousreply 195August 14, 2022 3:37 PM

[quote]He thrives on sewing division

You're telling me! Our sewing circlle is all divided now.

by Anonymousreply 196August 14, 2022 3:46 PM

Did anyone go on the Sunday news talk shows and defend Orange Hitler?

by Anonymousreply 197August 14, 2022 3:55 PM

idk but lizziebelle said no one was above the law last week.

by Anonymousreply 198August 14, 2022 3:57 PM

CNN has been asking if this is making Trump an even stronger candidate for 2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 14, 2022 4:00 PM

they want views and the answer is "no."

fuck off and go back to stormfront or wtf ever it's called.

idk cause idc.

'tards will 'tard.

by Anonymousreply 200August 14, 2022 4:02 PM

Face the Nation was trying the ol' "18 months! 18 months!" gambit with Schiff this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 14, 2022 4:04 PM

Trump is over.

by Anonymousreply 202August 14, 2022 4:04 PM

I'm disappointed Schiff didn't call out that 18 month lie. I get that it's hard to keep up with the nonstop lying, but Dems need to do better.

by Anonymousreply 203August 14, 2022 4:09 PM

Sounds like they were more tempered given the seriousness of the situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 14, 2022 4:11 PM

It makes me happy that Trump is relegated to posting “Truths” (lies) on his shitty Truth Social website that no one reads.

by Anonymousreply 205August 14, 2022 4:13 PM

On FTN Republican Rep Michael McFaul harped that DoJ should have waited for the subpoena for Trump's documents ignoring the fact that the subpoena was enforced, AND TRUMP'S ATTORNEYS STATED SAID ALL THE DOCUMENTS IN Trump's possession were turned over AND the DoJ received further information that Trump still had a boat load of documents AND a safe and hence the retrieval of everything on the last inventory.

by Anonymousreply 206August 14, 2022 4:17 PM

Yep. They can’t even get the timeline right. Plus they skip over that Trump’s attorneys lied to the FBI. I wonder if dumbshit Christina Bobb will stop going on TV.

by Anonymousreply 207August 14, 2022 4:21 PM

The media never call these deplorable republicans out on their lies leading gullible people to believe what they say is true.

by Anonymousreply 208August 14, 2022 4:21 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 14, 2022 4:23 PM

Armed Trump supporters hold protest outside FBI Phoenix offices Saturday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 14, 2022 4:29 PM

i counted 30 people, most cowards covering their faces.

i'm so scared!

by Anonymousreply 211August 14, 2022 4:32 PM

Masking for Covid is oppressive, but masking so the feds can't ID you when you point your AR-15 at them is freedom!

by Anonymousreply 212August 14, 2022 4:34 PM

'Donald Creates His Own Reality': Dissecting Trump’s Legal Battles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213August 14, 2022 4:35 PM

[quote] The media never call these deplorable republicans out on their lies leading gullible people to believe what they say is true.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 214August 14, 2022 4:35 PM

R214- Oh, do fuck off you tiresome little bitch. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 215August 14, 2022 4:37 PM

The group of protester in Phoenix was a VERY small gathering. Many of them are too old to fight. While there are those who really want civil war, the number is much too small to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2022 4:44 PM

r214 in the *Holy shit squared. It’s about nukes pt. 2* thread:

[quote]The FBI and CIA are in Trump’s back pocket. Nothing is going to happen to him. Turn off the cable news you wank over.

by Anonymousreply 217August 14, 2022 4:47 PM

I wonder if the people with guns will show up on Monday when their offices are actually open.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2022 4:47 PM

Yeah, I don’t even see r214, so I’ve blocked the troll. Hey r214… fuck off we don’t see your drivel anyway.

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2022 4:51 PM

Have some sympathy for the R214s. Every time they go way out on a limb for Trump, he saws it out from under them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2022 4:53 PM

R220- Even if true, which it isn't, that still doesn't explain why he did not return them when requested to.

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2022 4:56 PM

How very dare you, R221? He has no idea what was in those boxes that he never touched. But he knows he declassified everything in them. Except the classified stuff he returned, which was all of it. And he would have returned the rest if they had just asked.

by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2022 4:59 PM

r222, brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2022 5:02 PM

The GOP has not issued any orders to their followers to stop the threats against FBI. The GOP silence is an endorsement.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 224August 14, 2022 5:03 PM

R222- Hmm, kinda thought they did ask, lol. He hasn't got an excuse and he sounds mentally unstable .

by Anonymousreply 225August 14, 2022 5:04 PM

This GSA conspiracy theory is being promulgated by nincompoop and Truth Social executive Kash Patel.

by Anonymousreply 226August 14, 2022 5:09 PM

Every time Patel and D'Souza post something in defense of Trump, I am tempted to reply "Still not white!"

by Anonymousreply 227August 14, 2022 5:12 PM

I must have R214 blocked already.

by Anonymousreply 228August 14, 2022 5:12 PM

ROTUS? Explain Lucy!

by Anonymousreply 229August 14, 2022 5:17 PM

i'd think "peppermint," r229.

by Anonymousreply 230August 14, 2022 5:18 PM

Honestly, as someone who has observed govt agencies like the FBI, CIA, etc, and how they've conducted themselves: They did this to themselves. You have all of these conservative, white men who fill these prominent positions and who've made life a living hell for people all over the world and in this country. This is karma for them. The enemy is what's staring at them in the mirror. That's who will take down this country and they never took it seriously. They were too busy demonizing brown and black people.

They were "keeping us safe" from people they themselves had turned into enemies. You go through life with a sense of entitlement and create policies that subtly make life hell for people and then you find out it only takes one of your own (and a very stupid, ridiculously colored man at that) to expose that you yourselves are the greatest danger to this country.

Most of those FBI/CIA/LE- types voted for Trump. Congrats on making us "safer," guys.

by Anonymousreply 231August 14, 2022 5:33 PM

I fear the FBI and CIA are just like any other government office the GOP wants to privatize (think, Erik Prince and his Blackwater Security mercenaries for hire). The chain in command is rotten to the core, put in place to ruin it, just like Louis DeJoy ruining the United States Postal Service (USPS).

In my tinhat conspiracy mind, the FBI didn't go after Trump because of Liberal government officials, but the GOP trying to get rid of Trump to give DeSantis a greater chance of getting the Deplorables on his side.

by Anonymousreply 232August 14, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]In my tinhat conspiracy mind

I like the foil bows, r232.

by Anonymousreply 233August 14, 2022 6:09 PM

Was Ivanka flushing documents?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234August 14, 2022 6:11 PM

second round. i'm done...

by Anonymousreply 235August 14, 2022 6:12 PM

Trump demanded on Truth Social today that the FBI return the docs they took because they're covered by Attorney-Client Privilege and Executive Privilege.

by Anonymousreply 236August 14, 2022 7:36 PM

Don’t call us, we’ll call you.

by Anonymousreply 237August 14, 2022 7:40 PM

"Authoritarians and their fringe supporters want to bully election workers into resigning. If they are successful, they can replace these dedicated public servants with like-minded extremists. Once in place, they can make it harder to vote, stop vote counts, or even refuse to certify the results of elections if they don’t like the outcome."

They, meaning Trump and his network, are trying to create chaos so supporters terrorize each and every part of our government. It'd be wise to stop focusing on the lies and start focusing on the midterms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 14, 2022 7:44 PM

[quote]Trump demanded on Truth Social today that the FBI return the docs they took because they're covered by Attorney-Client Privilege and Executive Privilege.

Please tell me you're kidding.

by Anonymousreply 239August 14, 2022 7:44 PM

Not kidding. Bizarro world is now the real world.

by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote] Bizarro world is now the real world.

Only if you accept the bizarro world vision. Trump and his Deplorables can die in their bubble's toxic fumes.

by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Entertaining if you haven’t seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2022 8:58 PM

It's bizarro, because all he keeps doing is proving the stupidest person was elected in 2016. He literally knows less than shit about being dogcatcher, let alone president. He actually thinks anything he says in the moment, makes it reality.

The electoral college has destroyed this country.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote] He actually thinks anything he says in the moment, makes it reality.

He's a grifter. For him, it becomes reality when he convinces his stupid audience that it's real and they buy his snake oil.

If you take away his followers, his audience, his customers, all that is left is an old, sad village idiot rambling in the streets. Putin, Koch Bros., the Mercers, etc. they don't invest money, time and energy in someone who has no followers, no audience, no customers.

by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2022 9:32 PM

That's *so* March, r242. Too many bigger things happening right now, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 245August 14, 2022 9:32 PM

R245 - Patrick McHenry

by Anonymousreply 246August 14, 2022 9:48 PM

My theory is that the documents buried under Ivana are the documents about HIM that he doesn't want to ever see the light of day.

The documents down at MAL are the documents that he needs to take with when he flees to fund his new life.

I'm ready for him to put the second part of that plan into use so I never have to hear the media say the words "Trump said . . ." Once he goes, he can never return, he can never post on social media, he is done influencing elections. Hopefully they'll find him in a grimy hole someday, hiding in a foreign country like the vermin he is.

by Anonymousreply 247August 14, 2022 10:40 PM

It seems like no one is rallying for him.

by Anonymousreply 248August 14, 2022 10:49 PM

^A hopeful sign, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 249August 14, 2022 11:48 PM

So did he kill Ivana to be able to hide the docs or was it coincidental?

by Anonymousreply 250August 14, 2022 11:49 PM

Honestly, I think Ivana had nothing to do with it. I think she didn’t really see her family much, and was a lonely woman at the end. And there are much better ways to get rid of documents. Anyone ever heard of a fireplace?

by Anonymousreply 251August 15, 2022 12:00 AM

I think the FBI will descend on all Trump's properties this week, all at the same time with warrants. Garland will give a press conference informing us that DOJ has surveillance footage of documents compromised and withheld on a massive scale.

by Anonymousreply 252August 15, 2022 12:06 AM

He didn't kill her, it was just what he would describe as an opportunity.

Coffins are built to be completely destroyed during the cremation process. But, you don't have to destroy the coffin, they can be cremated in a different container. So, Trump takes advantage of the situation. Why destroy a perfectly good, very expensive coffin? The family buries her ashes in the coffin and any documents would be stashed below that. Even if they exhumed the body, would they keep digging below it? Probably not - but they should.

After a time they may even move the sad gravestone that they just put on the ground. Move it a couple of hundred feet away - who would remember?

by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2022 12:08 AM

I hope they also get Mel's love nest apartment in TT.

by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2022 12:08 AM

[quote] It seems like no one is rallying for him.

They’re rallying for AUNT JEMIMA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255August 15, 2022 12:10 AM

OT but hilarious:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is extremely worried that texts he exchanged with Alex Jones will leak, according to Fox News sources.

Two sources familiar with their relationship told The Daily Beast's "Confider" newsletter that Carlson and the right-wing conspiracy theorist trade text messages on a daily basis, and they said those communications would be "highly embarrassing" for the Fox News host if they're publicly revealed. Carlson, according to a source close to him, is "sh*tting himself" over that possibility after two years' worth of messages sent and received by Jones have been turned over to the House Select Committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Jones' attorneys accidentally sent a digital copy of all of his texts to lawyers representing Sandy Hook families who sued him for defamation, and attorney Mark Bankston has publicly said they include “intimate messages” between Jones and Republican “dirty trickster” Roger Stone. Carlson and Jones have been friends for years, and the Fox News host has appeared multiple times on his Inforwars program and praised his unhinged rants and wrote a blurb for his upcoming book, "The Great Reset." Maybe Alex Jones is onto something,” Carlson wrote. “Read this book and decide for yourself who’s crazy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 15, 2022 12:18 AM

R256- Fox News sources ratted him out? Am I reading this correctly?

by Anonymousreply 257August 15, 2022 12:37 AM

Fox News has an "entertainment" division and an actual newsroom. The journalists surely despise Tuck. lol

by Anonymousreply 258August 15, 2022 12:45 AM

Oh that's good, r256...

by Anonymousreply 259August 15, 2022 12:49 AM

Remember how Tucker lost his damn mind when Matty Gaetz made that comment about them going out to dinner together?

Maybe the texts relate to whatever that was.

by Anonymousreply 260August 15, 2022 12:52 AM

I am dubious of these Republicans who say “we need answers” and “we need to know everything.” Most of them will just turn around and tell Trump everything they learn. It’s a criminal investigation.

by Anonymousreply 261August 15, 2022 12:54 AM

What Jon Stewart did to help get affected veterans exposed to burn pits extended treatment and benefits is commendable.

Stewart needs to rip Tucker a new asshole again. I watch that Crossfire debate on CNN about a couple of decades back. Stewart humiliated Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 262August 15, 2022 1:00 AM

If I had to guess at R256 's link, Carlson likely shit talked Trump supporters and Trump. I know it seems like not a big deal, but it would be if Tucker were orchestrating what to say, when to say it, how to say all the while calling them morons repeated. If Tuck were to admit he's glad Trump is gone but u can still milk his supporters that would probably piss em off to be "betrayed". I'd also go so far as to say he likely called the Seantrice fag.got a lot of times.

by Anonymousreply 263August 15, 2022 9:32 AM

I’m still chafed that Jon Stewart left TV when we really needed him to call out BS during the Trump years.

by Anonymousreply 264August 15, 2022 10:43 AM

[quote]It still baffles me that the standard MAGA response to all this is "But the FBI didn't prosecute Hillary!" "What about Hunter? Where is his raid?"

I think one of the common themes of the MAGA diehards is that they're being picked on; they are more scrutinized, punished, condemned, etc. because of their beliefs, and this is especially true of the right wing Christian variety. So these events play into their persecution complex by feeling that like them, Trump is picked on because of his beliefs & "how much he loves this country" (yes, they really do believe that). One would think eventually a "where's there's smoke, there's fire" notion would occur to them, but feeling persecuted & picked on is central to who they are as people.

by Anonymousreply 265August 15, 2022 11:09 AM

ROTUS = Rosenberg of the United States

(You just add that tiny little line)

(Splaining to Ricky, but enjoying the Patty comment R239 and R230)

by Anonymousreply 266August 15, 2022 11:10 AM

[quote] It still baffles me that the standard MAGA response to all this is "But the FBI didn't prosecute Hillary!" "What about Hunter? Where is his raid?"

Whataboutism is very common when the Deplorables can't defend a right-winger's action beyond "Fake News", "Liberals made him do it!" and "You're a doo doo head!" personal attacks.

by Anonymousreply 267August 15, 2022 12:28 PM

It is the same tactic they use to defend the 1/6 Insurrection R267

"But what about those BLM protests? They were attacking federal property!!!"

Again, it doesn't matter what Hillary or BLM did. Their actions do not make Trump less guilty.

by Anonymousreply 268August 15, 2022 1:48 PM

Miss Lindzey must testify in Georgia, says federal judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269August 15, 2022 2:11 PM

Can you plead the fifth to a grand jury?

by Anonymousreply 270August 15, 2022 2:18 PM

FIDDLE DEE DEE!!

by Anonymousreply 271August 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Trump went off again on the FBI on the unread Truth Social. Isn’t this what Roy Cohn taught him to do? To always attack law enforcement if you are accused of a crime. I really don’t see this as a winner for him.

by Anonymousreply 272August 15, 2022 3:02 PM

Strange then that most law enforcement/military-types are Republicans. Deplorables hate cops/feds because they give them rap sheets they can never erase.

I guess they hoped Trump would sign The National Expungement Act and erase their tawdry pasts.

by Anonymousreply 273August 15, 2022 4:11 PM

Trump now claiming they took his passports.

by Anonymousreply 274August 15, 2022 6:20 PM

Seriously, R274??? I have to laugh. They KNOW he's a flight risk.

by Anonymousreply 275August 15, 2022 6:31 PM

R275 But what country would have him? Even Vladdy must be like, "I don't know her" by now.

by Anonymousreply 276August 15, 2022 6:39 PM

He said three passports, one of which is expired, meaning two aren't. Last I knew you weren't allowed to have two at the same time. Is one Russian?

by Anonymousreply 277August 15, 2022 6:51 PM

Adam Schiff's closing argument from the 2020 impeachment trial are ricocheting around Twitter today:

“He has betrayed our national security, and he will do so again… You cannot constrain him. He is who he is. Truth matters little to him. What’s right matters even less, and decency matters not at all.”

by Anonymousreply 278August 15, 2022 6:56 PM

Does he have dual citizenship - UK with that Scottish golf club, oh and his mother was born in Scotland?

or is there some other way to have two valid passports?

by Anonymousreply 279August 15, 2022 7:00 PM

r277, Diplomatic passport.

by Anonymousreply 280August 15, 2022 7:03 PM

Rudy has officially been "told" he's in big fucking trouble for election meddling down in Georgia. He's *got* to testify (this week, after lying about blowing it off last week and getting caught in his lies), and a Federal judge told Miz Lin'sey she better get her withered ass into that witness box *toot sweet*:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 15, 2022 7:04 PM

Is Rudy going to shuffle into court with a robe and slippers on ala Vincent “the Chin” Gigante? ” I’m just a doddering old fool with dementia, what could I possibly do?!”

by Anonymousreply 282August 15, 2022 7:09 PM

^He will DEFINITELY perform that role, probably sans robe and slippers.

by Anonymousreply 283August 15, 2022 7:10 PM

I HOPE he goes ALL OUT on the black shoe polish (on his head), though, just for my hometown team at the Fulton County Courthouse.

by Anonymousreply 284August 15, 2022 7:11 PM

This was making the rounds on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285August 15, 2022 7:14 PM

^Oh my God, are we gonna impeach him AGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 286August 15, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote]I HOPE he goes ALL OUT on the black shoe polish

There was some burnt sienna mixed in there, r284.

by Anonymousreply 287August 15, 2022 7:24 PM

[quote]He will DEFINITELY perform that role, probably sans robe and slippers.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 288August 15, 2022 7:30 PM

ew, r288.

by Anonymousreply 289August 15, 2022 7:31 PM

I'm getting the idea that Tia must be some kind of nymphomaniac around here. Which department does she work in, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 290August 15, 2022 7:33 PM

Can you *imagine* the old man smell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291August 15, 2022 7:34 PM

^Don't worry, R291, I know firsthand that Courthouse is kept cold enough to hang meat in. Rudy'll REALLY have to work it for his hair dye to start melting in that place.

by Anonymousreply 292August 15, 2022 7:37 PM

Apparently, there are three new somethings that were filed and sealed in connection to the search.

It's got to be either additional warrants or actual indictments, right?

by Anonymousreply 293August 15, 2022 7:58 PM

Taking the passport means they know he’s done something serious enough that he would flee the country. That doesn’t sound like just taking classified documents and keeping them in the basement.

by Anonymousreply 294August 15, 2022 8:17 PM

The fact that his cultists are now threatening FBI and DOJ personnel and their families as a result of Donald’s incitement have been the final straw.

by Anonymousreply 295August 15, 2022 8:21 PM

R294, I'm not yet convinced of that. He wasn't entitled to keep his diplomatic/government official passports; those were the property of the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 296August 15, 2022 8:23 PM

[quote] It’s possible that Trump retained his red “government official” passport, and a black “diplomatic” passport, which he no longer has a right to. Those would be “government records” seizable pursuant to the warrant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297August 15, 2022 8:32 PM

Trump wasn't PResident in 2014. So how would he know about certain things? I know a lot of people want Jared to be implicated. And maybe he is. But we cannot overlook Michael Flynn. Obama f ired him, but Trump hired him and really hated it when he was forced to get rid of him. Now we have learned he was in and out of the WH helping to plan 1/6. He lost all his clearances when Obama fired him. But he was very familiar with procedures. And we know he kept his hand in with Intel freelancers since he was part of some plot to kidnap some Turkish religious guy. I am definitely putting Flynn in the mix.

by Anonymousreply 298August 15, 2022 8:45 PM

Interesting, R298.

by Anonymousreply 299August 15, 2022 8:51 PM

Of course Flynn is in it up to his eyeballs.

by Anonymousreply 300August 15, 2022 8:52 PM

@TristanSnell · 2h BREAKING: Trump’s lawyers copied voting machine data from multiple states after 2020 election in major unauthorized data breach.

by Anonymousreply 301August 15, 2022 8:55 PM

@SpiroAgnewGhost · 3h BREAKING: A team of computer experts directed by lawyers allied with Donald Trump copied sensitive data from election systems in GA as part of a secretive, multistate effort to access voting equipment that was broader, more organized & more successful than previously reported.

by Anonymousreply 302August 15, 2022 8:58 PM

What was that about voting machines, China patents and Ivanka?

by Anonymousreply 303August 15, 2022 8:59 PM

"I'm getting the idea that Tia must be some kind of nymphomaniac around here"

TIA stands for Thanks In Advance.

by Anonymousreply 304August 15, 2022 9:08 PM

I thought the FBI couldn't take your passport unless you were charged with a crime?

by Anonymousreply 305August 15, 2022 9:12 PM

R302, do these people ever STOP stealing?

by Anonymousreply 306August 15, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote]Taking the passport means they know he’s done something serious enough that he would flee the country.

Are we just taking Trump's words that the FBI took his passports?

by Anonymousreply 307August 15, 2022 9:36 PM

A gift from the seventies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 15, 2022 9:41 PM

The Justice Department intends to unseal additional documents connected to the FBI search at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate but is urging a federal court to maintain the secrecy of the sworn affidavit describing the basis for the search.

The DOJ is particularly concerned that the release of details from the affidavit might harm ongoing efforts to interview witnesses, given the threats to federal agents in wake of the Mar-a-Lago search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 15, 2022 9:54 PM

[quote]“There remain compelling reasons, including to protect the integrity of an ongoing law enforcement investigation that implicates national security, that support keeping the affidavit sealed."

I honestly don't know how Donald is not stroking out right now. I guess narcissism and sociopathy insulate you from worrying about consequences.

by Anonymousreply 310August 15, 2022 10:05 PM

It’s terrifying. For if they can execute a warrant now, who’s next? The prospects are chilling.

by Anonymousreply 311August 15, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote] who’s next?

Anybody who illegally has classified documents lying around their house.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 312August 15, 2022 10:09 PM

Americans don't need to know every secret thing at this point. We pay intelligent, experienced public servants to do these complicated things for us.

by Anonymousreply 313August 15, 2022 10:10 PM

Why would he leave his passport(s) in Florida if he was in New Jersey?

I wonder if negotiations have begun.

by Anonymousreply 314August 15, 2022 10:12 PM

You’re in the shithouse now, pal!

by Anonymousreply 315August 15, 2022 10:16 PM

Trump actually has very limited ability to move R274. Every move is planned in advance. Secret Service is with him everywhere and at all times. If he wanted to leave he most likely wouldn’t be able to, especially considering he’s under investigation. They wouldn’t let him. There is no fleeing to another country for Trump unless he officially dropped his SS and was squirreled out somehow.

by Anonymousreply 316August 15, 2022 10:16 PM

Who the hell can keep track of all their crime shenanigans???

by Anonymousreply 317August 15, 2022 10:24 PM

The gov't can take your passport if they are investigating you for a crime, or if they charge you with a crime, or... if you owe the IRS a lot of money......

by Anonymousreply 318August 15, 2022 10:38 PM

Here's a good explainer about the passports - Maybe he's even lying about that, no one outside the DOJ really knows.

I keep going back to the fact that he wanted to go to Scotland to visit his golf courses right after the inauguration, and Scotland said hell no because of covid.

But, he hasn't said anything publicly about wanting to travel outside the country since then. He certainly could drum up some business-related reason for going. It's kind of curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 15, 2022 10:47 PM

Passports are government property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320August 15, 2022 10:52 PM

[quote]The prospects are chilling.

Like a cold bottle of stupidity champagne.

by Anonymousreply 321August 15, 2022 11:05 PM

cold duck

by Anonymousreply 322August 15, 2022 11:09 PM

r316 Couldn't he conceivably go here and request asylum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 15, 2022 11:16 PM

What's wrong with NORTH KOREA for God's sakes?

by Anonymousreply 324August 15, 2022 11:19 PM

Or Belarus?

by Anonymousreply 325August 15, 2022 11:23 PM

Off to Siberia, Comrade Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326August 15, 2022 11:23 PM

Norah O'Donnell 🇺🇸

[quote] NEW: According to a DOJ official, the FBI is NOT in possession of former President Trump's passports. Trump had accused the FBI of stealing his three passports during the search of his Mar-a-Lago home. [quote]

[quote] We are also learning tonight that if any items not contained in the warrant were retrieved during the FBI search at Mar-a-Lago, they will be returned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327August 15, 2022 11:24 PM

r298 Flynn gave out classified intel while we were in Afghanistan but nothing was done to him. The army said he was just so gung-ho about completing the mission he "accidentally" shared intelligence. The moment Obama finally got rid of his crazy traitor ass he ran to Russia to give lectures. Flynn should have been in jail or under it along time ago.

by Anonymousreply 328August 15, 2022 11:27 PM

It is only 1.2 miles from Trump Tower to the Montenegro Embassy at 801 2nd Avenue, Suite # 7,New York, NY 10017

Montenegro is the Wild West of rich, western criminals.

And it has beaches and no extradition treaty.

by Anonymousreply 329August 15, 2022 11:48 PM

I think in the very off chance djt has to skedaddle, Saudi Arabia is his only choice.

by Anonymousreply 330August 16, 2022 12:08 AM

Does Trump still fly in a government supported plane? Like the old Air Force One that was replaced with today's AF1.

by Anonymousreply 331August 16, 2022 12:14 AM

^ no. He’s still having his 31-year-old 757 refitted in Louisiana (paid for by his sucker magat contributors, no doubt).

by Anonymousreply 332August 16, 2022 12:19 AM

He is too old and spoiled to run, imo. Remember the first six months in the WH he really wanted to go home. He was homesick. Another reason I doubt he will flee is his entitlement and narcissism. He has never answered for anything in his long life of crime and abuse. He will never believe that he could be arrested. Honestly, neither do I. He believes that he can abuse the court by repeated delays among other schemes. He has gotten away with just that all of his life. I am an atheist but i wonder sometimes if he isn't the antichrist. I wish someone would throw Holy water on him to see if the fat fucker would scream and melt.

by Anonymousreply 333August 16, 2022 12:21 AM

You are only 333 from 666 r 333.

by Anonymousreply 334August 16, 2022 12:24 AM

R334- 333, only half evil? 😇

by Anonymousreply 335August 16, 2022 12:34 AM

My question is WHY did he level that accusation at the Feds? He does things for a reason. They may seem random, but they're not. He brought his passports up for a reason. Think people! Get inside his brain and put yourself into his scheming, lying delusional mind. Why would he do that?

by Anonymousreply 336August 16, 2022 12:47 AM

^. Just to rile up his supporters- he can easily say he found them later.

by Anonymousreply 337August 16, 2022 12:53 AM

Oh, I wish he would hop on his plane and fly to Scotland or Ireland. Just for the entertainment value. I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t gone to visit his golf courses abroad actually.

by Anonymousreply 338August 16, 2022 12:55 AM

Top of mind, R336.

From what I understand, the FBI did take his passports with a bunch of stuff (two expired, not one and the "filter team" designated they should be returned...which they were with a letter explaining such.

He's such a loser crybaby that he ran to put out a statement announcing this information that he wouldn't even have known if the by-the-book Feds hadn't told him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 16, 2022 12:56 AM

R336, if he did make it up, it’s because he’s testing his ability to lie about what the FBI and the DOJ did. He’s seeing if they will push back.

by Anonymousreply 340August 16, 2022 12:59 AM

OMG, they are such fucking sheep. The deplorables believe the FBI waited for Tucker Carlson to be on vacation to do this. My God, can an IQ even be detected with those losers? EVERYONE is on vacation right now. Well, that shitstain is back and apparently going off about the the DOJ and blah blah blah. I don't watch (even have the FOX channels blocked), but I saw on Twitter that. the flying monkeys are cheering him as he "torches" the DOJ, FBI, etc.

As I said earlier in this thread, I think this is karma. All of those fucking white conservative men in power who thought they were so precious and it's all those other groups of people who are a threat to the country. I don't feel sorry for any of them getting threats. Congrats on owning yourselves, guys.

by Anonymousreply 341August 16, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote]My question is WHY did he level that accusation at the Feds? He does things for a reason. They may seem random, but they're not. He brought his passports up for a reason.

I disagree. He just throws whatever shit he can think of against the wall, emulating the Russian firehose of falsehood propaganda model.

by Anonymousreply 342August 16, 2022 1:07 AM

Rachel started *right* off about Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 343August 16, 2022 1:09 AM

Please vote on this MSN article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 16, 2022 1:14 AM

Agree with R342

It's a common movie plot -- when the bad guys want to mess with the hero, they take his passport away

by Anonymousreply 345August 16, 2022 1:16 AM

Flood the zone with shit, as Bannon said.

by Anonymousreply 346August 16, 2022 1:39 AM

Brandon Van Grack

by Anonymousreply 347August 16, 2022 1:41 AM

R318 the funny thing about your post is Trump fits all 3 circumstances mentioned .

by Anonymousreply 348August 16, 2022 1:51 AM

Evita Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349August 16, 2022 2:02 AM

If Shitler is talking about "helping the country" as way of cooling things off for himself, he is fucking scared to death. He never once expressed concern about the state of our country while he was President, except as it could reflect or enlarge his own glory. He knows something bad is starting up here.

by Anonymousreply 350August 16, 2022 2:14 AM

[quote]Brandon Van Grack

He's quite fetching!

by Anonymousreply 351August 16, 2022 2:14 AM

Hmm. Nowhere does Trump say that he has done nothing wrong. Maybe things in MAGA land would calm down if he stopped talking and saying false things like “people everywhere are angry” (who?) and it’s “very dangerous right now” (where?). He’s a freak and has no defense so he is throwing out word bombs.

by Anonymousreply 352August 16, 2022 2:18 AM

The MAGAts can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 353August 16, 2022 4:13 AM

Fuck the boring top secret documents, I wanna see the photo albums, I want to read the Macron Kompromat.

Macron must be hung like a Biden.

by Anonymousreply 354August 16, 2022 4:19 AM

This is important. Who saw Maddow on August 15th?

OK. Imma post this on all relevant threads. I just finished catching up with Maddow for August 15th and I. Am. In. LOVE!!!!!!!!! Brandon Van Grack. Remember that name. Apparently he worked in the DoJ, and he was part of the Mueller Team, prosecuted Flynn and Manafort. He left the Justice Department. Quit. Resigned. His area of expertise was dealing with foreign agents, like when Michael flynn was getting money from foreign countries for representing their interests and not telling anyone. Anyway, tonight he gave his very first interview with Rachel and walked us through the recent warrants and filings regarding Donnie. He has a beautiful smile He is an attractive older man...but not too old. And I think he may possible be Gay. What makes me think this? I want him to be.

by Anonymousreply 355August 16, 2022 4:50 AM

^yes, he struck me as being gay, early 60's and very handsome for an older guy.

by Anonymousreply 356August 16, 2022 4:53 AM

Brandon Van Grack is making a lot of money in private legal practice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357August 16, 2022 4:59 AM

Is he on OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 358August 16, 2022 5:00 AM

Brandon is married to Claire Bohnengel. They got married in 2014. He has a twin. His father is a very prominent, successful attorney. His twin is a lawyer. he has a sister too. I still t hink he's Gay.

by Anonymousreply 359August 16, 2022 5:11 AM

He's not in his 60's. At most he is in his early 50's. And he has only been married to some blonde tart for 8 years? Huh.

by Anonymousreply 360August 16, 2022 5:27 AM

R360, I believe he's around 43/44?

by Anonymousreply 361August 16, 2022 5:45 AM

I'm going by his Linkedin.

Duke (BA '01)/HLS ('06)

by Anonymousreply 362August 16, 2022 5:47 AM

Trump's greatest weapon has always been misinformation. The lies, directly from his mouth (or former Twitter account), are spread (by him) to cause chaos and confusion, so his followers get angry and take violent action. And when they do, he's like "I'm not responsible for that! They are usually very nice people, very patriotic people!".

The "the FBI took my passports!" is about poor Trump being treated like a common criminal by the Deep State. The Deplorables see that as his freedom being taken away when this is supposed to the land of innocent until proven guilty (but yeah, Hillary is guilty as sin! Plenty of legit proof for that around).

It's a lie created for his stupid followers to get mad and angry about.

by Anonymousreply 363August 16, 2022 6:33 AM

Sorry, ... when this is supposed to BE the land of innocent until proven guilty ...

by Anonymousreply 364August 16, 2022 6:34 AM

really? nobody knows that...

by Anonymousreply 365August 16, 2022 6:42 AM

Not even misinformation, it's disinformation. That fucker knowingly lies and demonizes. Lying is his oxygen.

He has been lying scum his whole life. Only someone who is equally-scummy, could defend him - that's why he's surrounded by parasites like Flynn, Stone, Dershowitz, Bannon, Navarro, Gaetz, MTG, Boebert and Miller (Stephen and Jason). Just filth.

by Anonymousreply 366August 16, 2022 6:46 AM

R366 I have a list of words that start with the letter "D" about Drumpf: deny, distract, downplay, deflect, and delegitimize (the last one I heard recently from Trump's niece Mary on her podcast). I also like your word "demonize," and I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 367August 16, 2022 6:59 AM

Another one would be “divert”.

by Anonymousreply 368August 16, 2022 7:07 AM

My favorite "d" word for Trump would be: "DEAD"

by Anonymousreply 369August 16, 2022 7:09 AM

How about adding deceive and destroy?

by Anonymousreply 370August 16, 2022 7:21 AM

[quote]Like a cold bottle of stupidity champagne.

[quote]cold duck

Room temperature champipple.

by Anonymousreply 371August 16, 2022 7:56 AM

Delusion (that his grift will go on forever).

by Anonymousreply 372August 16, 2022 8:47 AM

After the Trumps, who the heck would ever buy Mar-a-Lago?

Some developer will tear it down and build condos?

by Anonymousreply 373August 16, 2022 8:49 AM

These MAGAt goons making death and other violent threats to anyone and everyone need to be round up and officially recognized as domestic terrorists. No jackass Dump teeny dick asshole, you do not have the right to threaten to kill anyone! We need to throw their asses in jail. Making death threats to law enforcement can carry a jail sentence of up to ten years. The FBI needs to search and seize their google accounts and arrest them. Stating an opinion is a freedom we share. Threatening to harm or kill someone is not!

by Anonymousreply 374August 16, 2022 8:55 AM

If we fail to respond to their threats with arrests, it will only embolden them to keep threatening and wait until the time one follows through on it. Then, mark my words, LE will be holding shoot-outs on the streets with them and some innocent bystander is going to be killed.

by Anonymousreply 375August 16, 2022 9:00 AM

Brandon has a cookie smelling face if there ever was one.

I'm also weirded out by people using vans and vons as part of their name in America. Isn't that aristocratic?

by Anonymousreply 376August 16, 2022 10:26 AM

Just watched Brandon Van Grack on RM. Extremely handsome and distinguished looking with gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 377August 16, 2022 10:54 AM

Don't want to give scummy DM a click, so here's a screenshot of their headline right now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 16, 2022 11:01 AM

I remember the days when yelling fire in a movie theater was taboo...

by Anonymousreply 379August 16, 2022 11:38 AM

Cryptic, r379..

by Anonymousreply 380August 16, 2022 11:41 AM

Fuck off r376!

by Anonymousreply 381August 16, 2022 11:42 AM

It's going to be excruciating over the next month or two because Trump & Co. are going to lie, lie, lie, while the FBI & DOJ hold their cards close & act on their terms. My best hope is that as this whole thing drags into the fall, Dump manages to drag down all the candidates he endorsed (looking at you, JD Vance) as information slowly leaks about the extent of the documentation he stole & who he sold it to

by Anonymousreply 382August 16, 2022 11:49 AM

This is a little thing right now, but you know what I found upsetting? The report that Merrick Garland "agonized over those warrants and they sat on his desk for days before he executed them. Was he scared? Why so fucking reluctant? The guy had top secret highly classified documents he was not supposed to have. Why was Garland so fucking timid to do the right thing?Because the guy used to be "President?" Trump was installed by a foreign adversary in 2016. He was not legitimate. And leaders in other countries have been busted for fraud and all kinds of shit. I do not get the apparent reverence for the Office of PResident like he is second to the Pope or the fucking Queen. Don't go on TV with your fucking platitudes "No one is above the Law." and then sit there and hold on to legal warrants and delay their execution becasue some belligerent fat ass intimidates you into having faux reverence for an office he has failed to honor the entire time he was in office.

Brandon Von Grack and Rachel made it very clear that we should not get distracted by nonsense. He said that right now as we speak, aside from the Trump case's obvious criminal exposure, there is another even more serious problem.Has our Intel bee compromised? There were names of assets, there was sources and methods exposure and lives are in danger and an assessment is right now being made about how badly our national security has been damaged. So Garland needs to get off his sanctimonious ass and do his fucking job.

by Anonymousreply 383August 16, 2022 12:58 PM

R383- It isn't very comforting and it doesn't inspire belief in their ability or determination to seek justice, does it?

by Anonymousreply 384August 16, 2022 1:22 PM

Maybe Garland wasn't deciding if to execute the warrant, but when. Maybe they wanted to get law enforcement fully prepared for any violence on the Right's side.

They only had a couple of incidence with these Right winger fools after the warrant. There was the potential to be a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 385August 16, 2022 1:32 PM

R385- He is very dangerous and will only continue to escalate things. I only hope that whatever they plan on doing they do it very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 386August 16, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote]This is a little thing right now, but you know what I found upsetting? The report that Merrick Garland "agonized over those warrants and they sat on his desk for days before he executed them. Was he scared? Why so fucking reluctant?

I am not at all shocked that the attorney general of the U.S. "agonized" over authorizing a search warrant against a former president. It's a huge, unprecedented move. I wish holding powerful people to account was the norm in this country, but it's just not. May this be a harbinger of things to come. And may it drive the final nail in the political coffin of one Donald J. Trump. He belongs in prison, but that's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 387August 16, 2022 1:38 PM

No,R385. Think about it. They KNEW he took documents. The National Archives was dead on his ass from the moment he left for MAL. January, 2021. more than 19 months go by. Then we hear that "some" of the boxes contained top secret classified stuff. We hear they were "negotiating" They were "in discussions with Trump's Lawyers." WTF!!!! Seriously. WTF. Nothing to discuss. Nothing to negotiate. Get the damned documents. Nineteen fucking months. Finally they subpoena them. They visit in June. It's all very pleasant, shake hands with Trump. Take some boxes. "Get a better padlock." WTF!!!!!! His lawyer lied when they knowingly signed documents attesting that they had given them all the boxes. June 3rd. They lied. There is now video of people accessing the storage area. WTF. So when I hear Garland "agonized" I want to slap the shit out of Garland. I want to Don Coleone his ass, and tell him to man up and kick that fucker's ass. Because Garland knows. He KNWS this is not just a dispute between Trump and the National Archives...which, incidently was already a crime... this is about National security. This is about Nuclear technology and weapons systems and human assets, and souorces and methods of Intelligence. This puts all of us in grave danger. And R387, I am not in awe of this being a former POTUS. Fuck it. Close your eyes. Now. Pretend this was Hillary. Or Bill. Or Barack. enough said.

by Anonymousreply 388August 16, 2022 1:54 PM

[Quote][R383]- It isn't very comforting and it doesn't inspire belief in their ability or determination to seek justice, does it?

Yes, just look at the Manhattan DA Bragg. Afraid to go after Trump and no he even let's his corrupt CFO get away with a weak plea deal. Matt Gaetz anyone? He should be in prison for sex trafficking but instead he holds MAGA rallies with Lauren Boebert. This justice system is completely rotten.

by Anonymousreply 389August 16, 2022 1:58 PM

It would be a lovely thing if whatever Trump is blackmailing Bragg with was found at Mar-a-Lago.

by Anonymousreply 390August 16, 2022 1:59 PM

R89- Exactly! If they are too afraid or just refuse to go after these lower level scum it is impossible to believe they will hold the Fuhrer accountable for anything - and they haven't in all of these six agonizing, dangerous years.

by Anonymousreply 391August 16, 2022 2:03 PM

One of Trump's favorite legal tactics is to DELAY, DELAY, DELAY. He wears you down while he attacks your credibility. He impugns your integrity. He smears you. The ground under yur feet erodes andyou sink and he walks away with a fine. No contest.

by Anonymousreply 392August 16, 2022 2:04 PM

It’s a bunch of hot air to criticize Garland for not doing enough. Clearly he is devoting a ton of DOJ resources in the various Trump Train investigations.

by Anonymousreply 393August 16, 2022 2:36 PM

Mar-a-Lago looks like a giant toilet.

by Anonymousreply 394August 16, 2022 2:36 PM

R393- That is how he got off scot free from all of the lawsuits from the people who did work for him and were never paid a dime for. He delayed and would drag the lawsuit out until it became too expensive for the victim to pursue. Just think of the most disgusting low life mafia trash you can think of. Trump makes them look respectable.

by Anonymousreply 395August 16, 2022 2:41 PM

Liz Cheney is losing her primary today. I wish I lived in Wyoming and could vote for her just to give this evil asshole the middle finger.

by Anonymousreply 396August 16, 2022 2:42 PM

But she stays in the House till January?

Then I guess her presidential run against Trump / DeSantis will begin in earnest.

by Anonymousreply 397August 16, 2022 2:45 PM

Same old, same old.

"Garland's not doing anything!"

Garland does something

"He didn't do it fast enough!"

You don't know *what's* happening at the DOJ, folks. This isn't a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 398August 16, 2022 2:53 PM

R398,- With all due respect, we have been waiting and hoping in vain for almost seven years.

by Anonymousreply 399August 16, 2022 3:03 PM

[quote]Liz Cheney is losing her primary today.

She might lose, but in a recent NYT article it almost sounded as if she'd given up on the congressional seat (she hadn't spent much of her war chest) and was planning on bigger things. Sure, a lot of repigs hate her & will always hate her, but there are also a lot people on both sides of the aisle applauding her work. So I'm thinking she has her sights on bigger things rather than just a purely kamikaze mission to take out Dump.

by Anonymousreply 400August 16, 2022 3:06 PM

R398 ordinarily I might agree. I know a lot of people have been uneasy about Garland for a while. But this particular case is different. Trump wouldn't not give up the documents and he lied about it. And we KNOW Trump took documents he wasn't supposed to take. He broke the Law. This was clear since January, 2021. Then...we find out some of the documents are Top Secret, Classified at the highest level. And after 19 fucking months of bullshit we now hear that Garland agonized for weeks before approving the executing of a Search Warrant.

Ever since we had an insurrection I have been really angry about the lack of a sense of urgency about how we respond to all the Trump theater. And in this intance, when he has flagrantly broken the law, we learn the fucking attorney General "agonized for weeks." So someone tell me. Who puts their foot in the AG's ass and tells him to MOVE. I guess his deputies and the guys at the DoJ might lean on him, but he seems like a prick who will insist on getting his respect, and while he may allow some arguing, he will dig in stubbornly and end discussion. He seems like he can be a cold fucker.

by Anonymousreply 401August 16, 2022 3:14 PM

R367- “Demean” belongs on that list, too. It was his entire strategy in the 2016 debate season.

by Anonymousreply 402August 16, 2022 3:15 PM

A Lot of people on this thread have No Idea what it takes to put together an iron clad case against a popular Mafia Don who is supported by unethical lawyers.

“Every” step has to be carefully calculated.

by Anonymousreply 403August 16, 2022 3:22 PM

R401- Every word of this. From the very beginning of this nightmare his behavior has been allowed to be normalized. Of course people have no faith in our government and justice system at this point. They allowed a two bit street thug to make a mockery of this country.

by Anonymousreply 404August 16, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote]With all due respect, we have been waiting and hoping in vain for almost seven years

It hasn't been almost seven years with Garland's DOJ, r399. Did you really expect anything different with Barr?

by Anonymousreply 405August 16, 2022 3:26 PM

We don’t need hesitancy and the worry of bad repercussions. Garland, just do your fucking job! You have been empowered by the full faith of the United States to represent law and order, the legitimacy of our democracy and upholding our Constitution! What the fuck are you doing? Seriously! Just do your fucking job as EFFICIENTLY and as TIMELY as possible!

If you feel hesitancy, than offer your resignation. Don’t torture your conscience…just hand the assignment off to someone else. Do not, under any circumstance, let yourself worry, nor agonize over anything. Life, after all, is too short for such distress. Just resign. No shame in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 406August 16, 2022 3:27 PM

Even more so than seeing Trump sitting in jail, I'd want to see something truly horrible happen to Peter Thiels and Mercers of this world. Those are the truly dangerous people who planned all this and financed it all while enjoying every benefit of being rich in a Western style democracy they've been trying to undermine for years in the name of extreme right wing neofascism.

by Anonymousreply 407August 16, 2022 3:27 PM

R403, of course, but it’s easier to direct people’s rage towards Democrats, instead of where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 408August 16, 2022 3:29 PM

R405- I never expected amoral criminals to be allowed to hold such positions of power at all. Not one of them should have been given security clearance. Failure and corruption at the highest levels of government for these craven mf'ers to have ever been treated as acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 409August 16, 2022 3:29 PM

We’ll get to them after we tank Shitler.

“All in good time.” - Regan MacNeil (The Exorcist).

by Anonymousreply 410August 16, 2022 3:33 PM

Again, r406, you have *no* idea what's happening at the DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 411August 16, 2022 3:34 PM

OK. I'll reconsider. See, it's my belief as I think about this longer and read your comments, that maybe Garland wasn't reluctant to go after a former POTUS, but maybe he was agonizing over the details. Making sure he dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's. Knowing that this was a huge deal, he wanted to make sure that everything was lined up, that his shit was tight. OK. I get that.

But you know we all go through a similar exercise when we're dealing with important stuff. I write a very important report. My boss is going to circulate the report to all the VPs. It will appear in a quarterly report for the Board of Directors. So I am stressing. Were there typos? Did I give a complete enough analysis? Did I fuck up by omitting something, or by being too detailed? You can drive yourself crazy. I get it.

But in Garland's case, the crime speaks for itself. What Trump did is so spectacularly treasonous, and wrong, that evidence will be explosive. Garland worries if he did enough? Did he interpret or apply the Law correctly? Is his case weak? Did he overlook an important detail? All I can say is keep it simple. This case is simple. It's sensational, but it's pretty straightforward. And unlike Trump, Merrick Garland has some of the best legal minds in criminal justice working with him, advising him, and supporting him. So stop agonizing. Indict that mother fucker.

by Anonymousreply 412August 16, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]I write a very important report. My boss is going to circulate the report to all the VPs....

Good lord, r412, I want to slap you. You don't seem to get how epic in scale this is.

by Anonymousreply 413August 16, 2022 3:57 PM

R412- Beautifully stated. We are and have been in grave danger from this mentally unstable and completely amoral dark triad. How careful does one have to be when their country is in imminent danger?

by Anonymousreply 414August 16, 2022 3:58 PM

I agree, R413. What an annoying blabbermouth this guy is. How many rambling, repetitive posts have you made just this morning, R412, etc.?

Do you think you're telling us anything we don't already know? Brevity, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 415August 16, 2022 3:59 PM

r414, see that bomb over there? I want you to go over and deactivate it. I know you haven't done it before, but do it...NOW!

by Anonymousreply 416August 16, 2022 4:02 PM

R416- But isn't it more dangerous the longer they seem to be doing nothing, no matter what they intend to do? He is inciting violence right now.

by Anonymousreply 417August 16, 2022 4:08 PM

[quote]the longer they seem to be doing nothing

Means...what, r417? That they *are* doing nothing? Have you not been paying attention to what's been happening that we *do* know about? Again, this isn't a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 418August 16, 2022 4:13 PM

R413, of course I do.. I have been following the story and listening to the Legal experts aetc. I know this is terrible, bad shit. I know it is huge. But I was trying to cast it in terms t hat are digestible and understand able. Becuase yes, this is huge. Which is why I feel like a sense of urgency has to be applied. You know, I worked for a Congressman many years ago. I am familiar with the Capitol, and Washington D.C. and I revile Trump. I can't even describe the level of anger I have felt since January 6th. And now this?

by Anonymousreply 419August 16, 2022 4:15 PM

I don't want to minimize your angst, r419, it's merited. However, you have to realize they're quite aware of the urgency and aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

by Anonymousreply 420August 16, 2022 4:20 PM

R418- Did you not read my entire post? I said no matter what they intend to do. He is a danger now. I did not say they are planning on doing nothing, although after six miserable, frightening years of one atrociously after the other I think we have a fucking right to be a bit doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 421August 16, 2022 4:23 PM

This is just one big Concern Troll thread now, bashing Democrats, as always.

They got today’s talking points memo.

by Anonymousreply 422August 16, 2022 4:34 PM

I don't think it's about "Concern Trolls." I'm not one of those. But when the news media tells the story of how agonized Garland was, how he sat on warrants for weeks, I get irritated. See most of us have known for years that Trump is a fucking dirty underhanded criminal. He gives red meat to his base, because he is a fascist clown, but that's a sideshow while he continues to break laws. Grifting his supporters for millions is penny ante stuff.

He got used to operating at a higher level. No more Trump University type scams for him. He was wheeling and dealing, extorting world leaders like a motherfucker for four years. And every time , he got away with it. His extortionate plays were dismissed. Overlooked...or worse, defended. He was Impeached twice. Nothing stopped him. As my Old Southern Granny said, "He ain't got "do right" in him." If I were AG, I'd be combing through every record and file in existence to go after him.

And then he serves his own fat ass up on a platter because he thought he could get away with stealing Top Secret classified documents from us. The obvious question was why? Because he was going to sell them. Can we prove that? No, not yet. But that was his motive. He wanted to profit off them. And as I think about it, he had to know he was going to get caught. I have to wonder. Was he hoping to be out of the country by the time they got wise to him? Maybe he thought he could keep this quiet and by the time we knew he hit us, he'd be gone.

by Anonymousreply 423August 16, 2022 4:56 PM

How was it that this THING allowed to take a roll of toilet paper out of the WH much less classified documents?

by Anonymousreply 424August 16, 2022 5:01 PM

☝️ Why wasn't his every move closely monitored?

by Anonymousreply 425August 16, 2022 5:02 PM

Why can't I find my fucking Lee Press-Ons?

by Anonymousreply 426August 16, 2022 5:04 PM

R425, that’s why you install servile loyalists in every possible position. But people at the National Archives were alerted by someone who saw people leaving the WH with boxes.

by Anonymousreply 427August 16, 2022 5:06 PM

R426- Oh, so very tacky, Doris. Plastic nails?

by Anonymousreply 428August 16, 2022 5:07 PM

[quote]Just watched Brandon Van Grack on RM. Extremely handsome and distinguished looking with gay voice.

In the years that more and more former DOJ attorneys are interviewed, I've noticed a lot of the men who are supposedly hetero, all have levels of gayvoice. I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 429August 16, 2022 5:09 PM

They're for an art project, r428. I'm dong an homage to Cutex.

by Anonymousreply 430August 16, 2022 5:12 PM

^doing not dong

by Anonymousreply 431August 16, 2022 5:13 PM

I betcha the porters and the SS guys who were present during the move ratted him out. IMO the bigger question is who helped him? How did he know which documents to take, and how did he get them? Because the Orange Shitgibbon could have never done this by himself. He did not act alone. And who is his agent out there in the international community of criminals? Someone had to be shoppong the info around.

by Anonymousreply 432August 16, 2022 5:14 PM

Press harder Doris.

by Anonymousreply 433August 16, 2022 5:17 PM

I love the "Obama did it!" lie.

There is no way in hell you could possibly respect a Trump supporter. I couldn't care less if they have college degrees or they're rich/wealthy/successful. You are clearly a damaged person if you think Trump is someone to admire.

by Anonymousreply 434August 16, 2022 5:17 PM

I have always believed that he gave Putin classified information within his first year in office. From there I believe he and Putin have using the information to blackmail their enemies and to sell to info to the most dangerous men on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 435August 16, 2022 5:19 PM

That's what he said, r433.

by Anonymousreply 436August 16, 2022 5:20 PM

It would be great if the Black people who work there ratted him out. They hate him as a rule with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 437August 16, 2022 5:50 PM

[quote]Nineteen fucking months.

It wasn't 19 months, which I guess is your attempt to switch from the now-discredited "18 months" meme.

They asked for documents back and got a bunch in 2021, but in October, not even 10 months later, Trump sued to keep the rest of them. It was January before SCOTUS ruled he couldn't keep them. Then he gave some back after working with the FBI, but lied and claimed it was all of them. THAT is when the subpoena and warrant were issued.

You're just mad because the "Garland won't do anything" troll didn't pan out, so now you're trying the "Garland didn't work fast enough" troll. Divide, demoralize, diminish, distract. That's all you fuckers do on here.

by Anonymousreply 438August 16, 2022 5:55 PM

Thanks for the correction. The fact remains that they should have moved the moment they realized that f ucker had classified material. Even one month would be too long. And Trump took the classified material with him in January, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 439August 16, 2022 6:01 PM

They didn't know until May of 2021, r439, a.k.a. Mr. 19 Months.

Multiple news sources have timelines. It's so odd that you care so very, very much about the time it took to get the documents back, yet you haven't read even one news article about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 16, 2022 6:11 PM

When did Trump leave Mar a Lago? They were waiting for him to not be there to execute the warrant.

by Anonymousreply 441August 16, 2022 6:20 PM

R439 et al. is the one over in the "Fire Merrick Garland" thread who said

[quote]How many times did I say that Jewish, Federalist, Jamie Gorlick-loving Merrick “GarFINKle” Garland was going to betray us! I was called a Trumptard troll, instead. I can have the last laugh now. HA HA HA HA!

Now he's trying to pretend he's just a concerned citizen who thinks Garland shouldn't have taken "19 months" to go after Trump. Except the "19 months" part is a lie, and R439 is a piece of shit troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 16, 2022 6:23 PM

I recall that one of his former national security advisors (Bolton?) said they had a hell of a time getting Trump’s attention during briefings. He wouldn’t pay attention, couldn’t focus, or would change the subject.

Every now and then when an “interesting” top secret attachment would be discussed, he’d perk up and ask for the document to “study” privately. Those TS documents were never seen again . . . Presumably they were among the materials that ended up in Mar-a-Lago.

At a minimum, whomever was suppose to retrieve and refile those top secret documents (or inform DOJ that they were AWOL) has hired an attorney.

Whomever [italic] may [/italic] have doctored classified logs to cover the fact that TS documents were not back in their designated, secure location probably ought to be doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 443August 16, 2022 6:24 PM

Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy night.

by Anonymousreply 444August 16, 2022 6:34 PM

It's "Fasten your seat belts", r444, don't make me throttle you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 16, 2022 6:48 PM

I fucking hope that tweet about them having video footage of people viewing the docs etc is real!

I want them to nail him to the fucking wall!

by Anonymousreply 446August 16, 2022 6:51 PM

R446- Maybe that is what the DOJ have been doing, sitting back and recording everyone who was aware of and benefited from those documents. Does anyone think Trump has the common sense to be afraid right now?

by Anonymousreply 447August 16, 2022 6:55 PM

I read that there was a surveillance company that held all the security tapes from MAL. They just handed them over to the DOJ.

Trump must be losing his GD mind over that.

by Anonymousreply 448August 16, 2022 7:06 PM

omg, our secrets are gone!!! anyone upset about this?!

by Anonymousreply 449August 16, 2022 7:09 PM

how can the repukes still back him and support him? how can anyone?!

Hillary didn't sell our secrets!!!

by Anonymousreply 450August 16, 2022 7:10 PM

R450- Because they are a bunch of fascist now.

by Anonymousreply 451August 16, 2022 7:13 PM

So what's the bottom line about Trump's proclamation about everything being de-classifed with a wave of his hand? I keep hearing from pundits that it would by highly unlikely, out of normal protocol, they need a way to track what's been declassified, etc. And all those arguments make sense. But when did Trump ever care about protocol? None of them have said it's actually illegal. He's not supposed to have the documents either way. Is this another loophole he is going to slide out of?

by Anonymousreply 452August 16, 2022 7:25 PM

Just in: Trump to replace "Make America Great Again" with "Being a Felon is Not a Disqualification" for his 2024 presidential bid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453August 16, 2022 7:33 PM

[quote]Does anyone think Trump has the common sense to be afraid right now?

He's acting out of primal fear, r447, it has nothing to do with common sense.

by Anonymousreply 454August 16, 2022 7:33 PM

R454- As long as he feels fear. At the very least he deserves that.

by Anonymousreply 455August 16, 2022 7:35 PM

It will have an effect on his actions, r455.

by Anonymousreply 456August 16, 2022 7:38 PM

Trump had a long running feud with the intelligence agencies (among other things, he kept them from getting bonuses); I'm not saying the doesn't have serious stuff, but I also wonder to the extent that the intel community knew what he was up to & hid things from the Trumpies.

by Anonymousreply 457August 16, 2022 7:39 PM

YOu know, IMO, one of the biggest problems I saw over the past 5 years is people not taking Trump seriously. You say they didn't know he had the top secret classified stuff until May? But , if they discovered Trump took documents from the WH that should have gone to the National Archives, the first thing they should have wanted to know is if any of them were classified. Because everyone knew by then he was a grifter always looking for a profitable angle, and he was too close to Putin and the Oligarchs, and he tried to shake down Zelensky, and he was cutting deals with Xi in China so Ivanka could get licensing agreements...and oh, BTW, voting machines? So I'd have checked.

by Anonymousreply 458August 16, 2022 8:05 PM

R442 that's a damned lie and you know it is.

by Anonymousreply 459August 16, 2022 8:06 PM

R457, yeah he hated people telling him what he couldn't do.

by Anonymousreply 460August 16, 2022 8:11 PM

quote]I also wonder to the extent that the intel community knew what he was up to & hid things from the Trumpies

It would be heavenly if it's a hell of a lot, r457.

by Anonymousreply 461August 16, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote]Shit, I know how to quote.

by Anonymousreply 462August 16, 2022 8:14 PM

R462- It's those cheap ass nails, 💅

by Anonymousreply 463August 16, 2022 8:29 PM

@BettyBowers · 23m

"Dear Merrick Garland:

Please let me know what I can do to turn down the heat on this fire I set and douse with gasoline every hour.

Be a pity if I made things worse, no? Because I can.

Not-Sincerely Yours,

President Donald J. Trump"

by Anonymousreply 464August 16, 2022 8:33 PM

Damn. How cool would it be that the Security Company Trump hires to monitor Mar A Lago is an FBI front! God that would be great!

by Anonymousreply 465August 16, 2022 8:34 PM

The Concern Trolls in this thread nonstop are succeeding in getting me to give up on "the Dems."

No more worries! Republicans always win! Good job, Concern Trolls!

by Anonymousreply 466August 16, 2022 9:04 PM

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell revealed that it was Pat Cipollone that informed LE that Shitler had classified docs at Mar a Lardo.

by Anonymousreply 467August 17, 2022 3:29 AM

Code Name: Patsy Baloney

by Anonymousreply 468August 17, 2022 3:33 AM

Oh, this is good! As in: when two rabid dogs go after each other!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469August 17, 2022 4:37 AM

If nothing else, Trump is showing a lot of ways presidential power has long been sort of gentlemen’s agreement. So many things a president did or didn’t do based on tradition and expectation of reasonable behavior.

by Anonymousreply 470August 17, 2022 4:37 AM

[quote]it was Pat Cipollone that informed LE

Law Enforcement?

What?

by Anonymousreply 471August 17, 2022 4:40 AM

R470 I believe it was on Mary Trump's recent podcast with Rosie O'Donnell that I heard one of them say that all the expectations of presidential behavior now need to be codified in some way to prevent a repeat of Trump's abuses (or even worse) in the future. It seems unlikely that will come from Republicans, and even if Democrats are able to get expectations codified, the rules will need to be irrevocable so they can't be reversed by a rogue government.

by Anonymousreply 472August 17, 2022 6:54 AM

What I cant wait for is when they review those security videos. You just know Trump forgot about that ever being subpoenaed. Especially months of it. Maybe that's why Trump Jr is off the hook right now. I could imaging him being there and hiding things from the safe when they got that 45 minutes heads up the FBI was coming.

by Anonymousreply 473August 17, 2022 7:47 AM

"I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and they'd still love me"

Just don't forget that part

by Anonymousreply 474August 17, 2022 8:06 AM

[quote] I believe it was on Mary Trump's recent podcast with Rosie O'Donnell that I heard one of them say that all the expectations of presidential behavior now need to be codified in some way to prevent a repeat of Trump's abuses (or even worse) in the future.

That doesn't matter much when someone like McConnell is able to keep the next Trump in the White House. Trump was impeached twice in the House, but McConnell's Senate refused to convict.

Trump broke more regulations and laws while in the White House than all the previous presidents combined. Nobody could touch him and if there's someone like McConnell around that will not change when the next Trump comes around.

by Anonymousreply 475August 17, 2022 8:39 AM

Or Trump didn't want to give documents to the Nat'l Archives because it's full of Democrats who'd give the dox to the Jan. 6 committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 17, 2022 8:40 AM

r476, if he's so innocent, why hide stuff that proves all he did was perfectly legal? Not even Hillary pulled that shit when she was investigated for Benghazi and her email server and she's, according to the right-wing, guilty as sin.

by Anonymousreply 477August 17, 2022 8:44 AM

[quote]Maybe that's why Trump Jr is off the hook right now.

Good lord, his dentures, veneers, whatever are totally jacked - if for no other reason than she has to actually look at the cretin occasionally, you'd like Kimmy would take him to get them fixed. He sounds like some 80 year old grandpa with ill-fitting dentures

by Anonymousreply 478August 17, 2022 8:49 AM

R476, yes they would. Pursuant to the subpoena that SCOTUS already told Trump he could not challenge.

Just further evidence that Trump intentionally committed these crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479August 17, 2022 9:31 AM

Miss Lindsey is flying blind.

That gal thinks she has angelic wings. Has she been watching Barbarella again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 17, 2022 10:45 AM

Hee hee,

Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers — but he keeps hearing ‘No’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481August 17, 2022 2:26 PM

Mr. Trump, this is what happens when you do not pay your bills, and you do not listen to the lawyers who WILL work for you.

Karmatastic.

by Anonymousreply 482August 17, 2022 2:29 PM

[quote]Mr. Trump, this is what happens when you do not pay your bills, and you do not listen to the lawyers who WILL work for you.

Despite all the love from the MAGA morons, this really tells you what the repig ruling class really thinks of you; he's trying to a hire a *lawyer* - not exactly the most scrupulous bunch of people - but don't want to and apparently can't be compelled by rich donors, to take on the Trump circus & align themselves with someone will ultimately be revealed as a traitor

by Anonymousreply 483August 17, 2022 2:40 PM

^Attorneys, and particularly the highly paid, very well-educated ones, KNOW what happens to anyone who associates himself with this moron. It is a disaster coming down the pipeline. Most lawyers are total whores for the kind of free publicity that representing this asshole would guarantee, but all of the Donald's "helpers" end up publicly slathered with shit. The people Donnie S. needs to hire for his many crimes know EXACTLY what is at issue here, and are smart enough to steer very wide of it.

by Anonymousreply 484August 17, 2022 3:07 PM

Even if successful lawyers would (still) take him on as a client, he'd rather sabotage his own court cases than have a lawyer dominate him by telling him what to say and do. That is why he prefers pushovers whom he can tell what to say and do (and then throw under the bus). Trump is an insecure bully who needs to make everything and everyone around him look and feel small in order for him to feel great and powerful. The only exception to this is Vladimir Putin who is his master because Putin basically owns him.

by Anonymousreply 485August 17, 2022 4:32 PM

Is anyone watching the former CIA operations officer on MSNBC? Jesus Christ. Trump just keeps proving his brain never developed beyond that of a 6yo.

--They had to use pictures and videos to keep him focused, no reading

--He'd say "Wow, can I have this?" about sensitive material

--They be discussing serious matters and Trump would lose attention and talk about ordering food and a milkshake.

by Anonymousreply 486August 17, 2022 4:42 PM

they'd*

by Anonymousreply 487August 17, 2022 4:44 PM

Plus no skilled attorney wants to clean up the mess his crappy budget camera-hungry attorneys have made.

by Anonymousreply 488August 17, 2022 4:54 PM

Take with a big chunk of rock salt the claims that Garland "agonized" over his decision. The press is determined to filter everything they can through a Dems/libs/anti-Trumpers are wimpy and in disarray and lose even when they win, while GOP/conservatives/Trumpers are brash and DGAF and win even when they lose. I think R412's theory is closer to the truth--Garland wasn't agonizing so much as he was methodical because he needed to be.

And I'd add one more reason he was careful: he knows as well as anyone what a corrupt group of shitbags the GOP is, and that they'd have no problem torpedoing his career and even putting his life in danger to protect their Dear Leader. He cannot give them any ammo.

by Anonymousreply 489August 17, 2022 5:02 PM

A David Bois or a Ted Oleson would, I surmise, enjoy a good legal jousting with Merrick Garland.

To be the best, you have to get in the ring with best, and win.

It’s the damn client, Trump, who is the proverbial fly in the ointment. Bois or Oleson know that Trump would not heed their advice and he’s just not worth whatever exercise in legal challenges this matter would provide.

by Anonymousreply 490August 17, 2022 5:03 PM

Mr. Cipollone and Mr. Philbin were Mr. Trump’s representatives to deal with the National Archives; they were named to the positions shortly before the president’s term ended, in January 2021. At some point after National Archives officials realized they did not have Trump White House documents, which are required to be preserved under the Presidential Records Act, they contacted Mr. Philbin for help returning them.

Mr. Philbin tried to help the National Archives retrieve the material, two of the people familiar with the discussions said. But the former president repeatedly resisted entreaties from his advisers.

“It’s not theirs, it’s mine,” several advisers say Mr. Trump told them.

by Anonymousreply 491August 17, 2022 5:17 PM

“It’s not theirs, it’s mine,"

Fucking toddler.

by Anonymousreply 492August 17, 2022 5:24 PM

Patsy Balloney, at what time do you as council for the presidency, up to his eyeballs in crimes and criminality, do you report his crimes? At what time do you negotiate immunity in a last ditch effort to keep your law license?

Same question, Don McGahanawaywithit?

by Anonymousreply 493August 17, 2022 5:36 PM

Alan Dershowitz is a longtime Trump pal and defender. He’s been all over Fox and Newsmax with his spin in behalf of Trump. I won’t link their articles. Dershowitz can go defend Trump as a client if he’s so sure of himself.

by Anonymousreply 494August 17, 2022 7:49 PM

R490 has it!! It's not the crime that is putting off finding a lawyer. It's the criminal. Trump is a terrible terrible client. He never listens to his legal counsel. He talks too much. He is way too public with his big mouth. He would give away a strategy in a heartbeat. You could not treat him the way you'd treat a client. Because you couldn't discuss the case or share things. You couldn't go over strategy with him. And he would insist you had to. You'd be in a position of lying to him which a lawyer cannot do. So lawyers run the other way. R494 I agree. Tell Dershowitz to do it. Problem is, both Lawyer and Client would be tripping over one another looking for TV cameras. You really can't trust either one. I'm old enough to remember Dersh before he took on Claus Von Bulow. Before he started chasing fame and celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 495August 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Jeanine Pirro?

Are there any other loud-mouthed right-wing lawyers who appear on Fox? Somebody must be thinking they can represent Trump and grab the affection of his base and use it to launch a political career.

by Anonymousreply 496August 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Dersh will be 84 in two weeks. I have a feeling he's too smart to take on Trump. It's ok to play with the madman from a distance, but working up close? Could drive anybody to drink. AmIrite, Rudy?

by Anonymousreply 497August 17, 2022 9:04 PM

Alan Dervish is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 498August 17, 2022 9:07 PM

Wait, I take it back - he already represented Trump in his first impeachment and I just read this at Wikipedia (weird guy btw):

In 2019, Dershowitz said he would "enthusiastically support Joe Biden" for president.[73]

In 2021, Dershowitz said that Trump's rally preceding the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol was "constitutionally protected" speech. He said it would be his "honor and privilege" to defend Trump in a trial.[74] Trump reportedly considered him for his defense team.[75]

by Anonymousreply 499August 17, 2022 9:17 PM

IT’S A BIG LIST! THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO ALL THE WAYS DONALD TRUMP IS LEGALLY SCREWED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500August 17, 2022 9:17 PM

Former president Donald Trump bombarded his supporters with more than 100 emails asking for money based on the FBI’s search of the Mar-a-Lago Club for classified materials last week. They paid off.

Contributions to Trump’s political action committee topped $1 million on at least two days after the Aug. 8 search of his Palm Beach, Fla., estate. That compares to the $200,000 to $300,000 a day that had been typical in recent months.

Imagine what the rubes will fork over if Trump is actually convicted of something!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 17, 2022 10:16 PM

The kindergarten teacher explains to Donald why lawyers won't play with him anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502August 17, 2022 10:55 PM

That black Harvard professor who defends gross people (Weinstein) was recommended to Trump. The black professor said Trump has not called him. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 503August 18, 2022 12:04 AM

Who are you talking about, R503?

by Anonymousreply 504August 18, 2022 12:18 AM

See link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505August 18, 2022 12:24 AM

Well, Trump is less privileged. Intellectually.

by Anonymousreply 506August 18, 2022 12:26 AM

Trump Org CFO, Weisselberg, is pleading guilty to FIFTEEN FELONIES and must agree to testify against the Trump Organization in the trial for conspiracy to evade paying taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507August 18, 2022 12:27 AM

r507, he's rolling on the kids.

by Anonymousreply 508August 18, 2022 12:40 AM

Everything I've read says he won't implicate trump at the trial. Why would they plea him out if that's the case?

by Anonymousreply 509August 18, 2022 12:50 AM

Thanks for the link, R504. I never knew about him

by Anonymousreply 510August 18, 2022 12:50 AM

ummm...it's named after him so how can he not?

by Anonymousreply 511August 18, 2022 12:51 AM

Oops, Obviously meant for R505.

by Anonymousreply 512August 18, 2022 12:51 AM

roundabout way maybe, but still.

by Anonymousreply 513August 18, 2022 12:52 AM

There was a story out today saying that Nancy Pelosi was not alerted to the danger before January 6, even though they knew it was coming.

This is an interesting thread about those missing secret service texts.

Mark Meadows's life is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514August 18, 2022 1:54 AM

Yes, Nancy Pelosi was very specifically threatened and the SS knew it before January 6th and took no measures to alert her or her staff or the D.C. or Capitol Police.

by Anonymousreply 515August 18, 2022 2:38 AM

Can someone explain r514 twitter link? TIA.

by Anonymousreply 516August 18, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote]Why would they plea him out if that's the case?

He's likely going to give testimony about the Trump Organization. That could potentially result in forced dissolution of the company, the so-called "corporate death penalty". That would hurt him BAD.

by Anonymousreply 517August 18, 2022 4:33 AM

Looks like I got locked up just in the nick of time.

by Anonymousreply 518August 18, 2022 5:02 AM

Has his arrest day been set? Because I am sick of old man Trump and his threats.

by Anonymousreply 519August 18, 2022 5:38 AM

It's a real service to this country that Tish James is having the Trump Org.'s little trial right before the mid-terms.

by Anonymousreply 520August 18, 2022 11:21 AM

Mommy, I'm a good girl now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521August 18, 2022 11:46 AM

^What a fucking PIG Alex Jones is. His stupidity on camera is pretty much just like that of The Three Stooges.

by Anonymousreply 522August 18, 2022 11:49 AM

The question is how will Ronnie D respond? Tell Alex Jones "thanks, but no thanks"? Feature him in campaign ads? Pretend he has never heard of Jones?

by Anonymousreply 523August 18, 2022 12:05 PM

Here's what someone posted under @TimInHonolulu's tweet about the football at R14 - Basically, the Secret Service left Pence and the football unattended to save their own sorry asses.

"Seems like Tim is saying that as he explained over the football tweets, the protective detail apparently knew Pence’s life had been threatened & left him & the Nuclear football to fend for themselves. The theory is that Pence hasn’t testified b/c he thought his aides & 1/

the secret service / other docs would speak for him. Now that the text messages were “deleted” Pence may feel obligated to speak up, especially considering the danger the nation was in while the football (& the rest of COG) was exposed to people trying to murder them. 2/"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 18, 2022 12:24 PM

What’s the excuse now? Testifying will interfere with her daily Fox News tappings?

She’ll appeal all the way to the Supreme Court whereby the beloved Kavanaugh will deliver the five votes in her behalf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525August 18, 2022 12:30 PM

^taping

by Anonymousreply 526August 18, 2022 12:49 PM

SC is not going to allow someone to avoid testifying before a Grand Jury, Senatrix or no. There is NO legal basis for this. Graham could not be considered a "Presidential adviser" under any stretch of the law. It wasn't his job, he is a US Senator, not an employee of Prexie. Further, the Grand Jury is investigating an attempt to commit a crime, and there is NO legal privilege recognized in US law that covers such. Graham HAS to testify, he knows it. This just a matter of delay on his part, and puffed up grandstanding, no doubt insisted on by his master, Shitler himself.

by Anonymousreply 527August 18, 2022 2:14 PM

Oh, and regarding Alex Jones, it gets even better! He urged MTG to run for the President since she's "smarter than either Trump or deSantis and people like her."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528August 18, 2022 2:17 PM

OK, no testimony against Trump, only against the Trump Org?

He's gonna roll on Ivanka, Jr., And Eric

THEY will roll over on their dad.

by Anonymousreply 529August 18, 2022 2:18 PM

R529- Princess Treacherous already has, I bet you money.

by Anonymousreply 530August 18, 2022 2:22 PM

R528- Please let this happen. Please.

by Anonymousreply 531August 18, 2022 2:26 PM

[Quote]OK, no testimony against Trump, only against the Trump Org?

People are speculating that James is going after the Trump org. He could be forced to dissolve the Trump Organization. I'm not sure how this works in reality since they own all these golf courses and real estate. Does he have to open separate companies for all his businesses? I bet he would just found a new company and continue his shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 532August 18, 2022 2:33 PM

R532- Now that would really cause the pos real pain. Corporate death.

by Anonymousreply 533August 18, 2022 2:39 PM

^Even with a plea deal, for such an important witness, (and at AGE 75): 5 months in jail, and TWO MILLION DOLLARS in restitution. I predict he is going to ROAST Donnie T when the time comes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 18, 2022 2:42 PM

R534- I agree and Trump has to be aware of this, so I hope the evil bastard strokes out. I also hope they are guarding this witness very closely and not allowing him near any windows in highrise buildings.

by Anonymousreply 535August 18, 2022 2:46 PM

[quote]I bet he would just found a new company and continue his shenanigans.

It's not going to be that easy. Reorganizing his core business organization is going to take a good deal of time and money. A lot of people would almost certainly leave in that time, their vacancies won't be too quick to fill.

by Anonymousreply 536August 18, 2022 2:49 PM

Trump would just live off his campaign slush fund

by Anonymousreply 537August 18, 2022 2:51 PM

R536- No one will be loaning him money with his reputation of never paying loans back. Any money he has now will go attorneys and hush money to pay people to keep their mouths shut.

by Anonymousreply 538August 18, 2022 2:53 PM

Greaseball Rudy roasted for 6 hours down at the Fulton County Courthouse in ATL yesterday. No word on whether his shoepolish dye-job melted any:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539August 18, 2022 3:02 PM

Weisselberg pleads guilty to all charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540August 18, 2022 3:06 PM

R534 - Greenspan may believe that Trump will have his kids and grandchildren killed, mob style, which is why I think he'll stay technically loyal to the Don.

by Anonymousreply 541August 18, 2022 3:07 PM

Weisselberg!! not Greenspan. I think I'm stroking out...

by Anonymousreply 542August 18, 2022 3:08 PM

R541- He will too.

by Anonymousreply 543August 18, 2022 3:15 PM

Imagine essentially going down for a scumbag who wouldn't even give you the last sip of his diet coke if you were dying of thirst

by Anonymousreply 544August 18, 2022 3:21 PM

That entire group of scum are nothing more than Russian Mafia and they have zero loyalty to each other in good times, much less bad times such as this. They will eat their young if it benefits them. The young will throw their parents to the wolf's as well.

by Anonymousreply 545August 18, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote]Even with a plea deal, for such an important witness, (and at AGE 75): 5 months in jail, and TWO MILLION DOLLARS in restitution. I predict he is going to ROAST Donnie T when the time comes.

The time to flip is before you strike a plea deal, not after.

by Anonymousreply 546August 18, 2022 3:50 PM

15 felonies!

This dick better get more than 5 months.

by Anonymousreply 547August 18, 2022 3:53 PM

R544, I don't think it's loyalty to Trump, I think it's fear of Putin and the Russian mafia. Even jail is better than being thrown out of a high rise window.

by Anonymousreply 548August 18, 2022 4:12 PM

Does this mean Alan cannot plead the fifth at the Trump Organization trial? If that’s true then a mystery death is probably in his future.

by Anonymousreply 549August 18, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote]This dick better get more than 5 months.

FWIW, 5 months in Riker's for a 75 year old man is no cakewalk.

by Anonymousreply 550August 18, 2022 4:38 PM

CNN:

Weisselberg has been fiercely loyal to the Trump family, having worked for them since 1973. Yet even by providing testimony against the company Weisselberg will not implicate any Trump family members, who were not accused of any wrongdoing. If the Trump Organization is convicted, it could be required to pay back taxes and fines, but no individual will go to prison.

Pity.

by Anonymousreply 551August 18, 2022 4:43 PM

If the Trump Organization is convicted, they could face forced dissolution, AKA the corporate death penalty. That would hurt him badly.

by Anonymousreply 552August 18, 2022 4:57 PM

Another reason why Trump is grifting through his PAC and golf tournaments with Saudi Arabia.

by Anonymousreply 553August 18, 2022 5:49 PM

R548, I can understand you thinking he's scared of the mob, but I doubt it. He's been working for Trump for 50 years. There's loyalty there, even if it's one-sided. He's making it clear that he won't testify against the family itself, yet he will testify against the organization. So that's not someone scared of fucking over the business end.

by Anonymousreply 554August 18, 2022 7:52 PM

I don't get this. All these people in trump's orbit get indicted or go to prison but never Dump himself or any of his children. Why is it so fucking hard to indict and hold the people accountable who are responsible and the real criminals. This is so frustrating. The CFO of Trump Org pleads guilty and goes to prison, but the CEO who knew about all this and initiated it walks away and isn't even criminally investigated.

by Anonymousreply 555August 18, 2022 8:04 PM

R55, and SIGNED things.

by Anonymousreply 556August 18, 2022 8:09 PM

R555*

by Anonymousreply 557August 18, 2022 8:09 PM

I wonder how many of the FBI agents now fearful of going to work, voted for Trump. Am I supposed to weep for those particular people? They mean as much to me as the morons on medicaid/medicare who vote Republican and scream about "socialism."

by Anonymousreply 558August 18, 2022 8:20 PM

I may be confused about this case, after all there are SO MANY cases pending against the Trump family, but I believe that in this case there are NO counts lodged against Trump personally, only the company. The issue is primarily one of property taxes that were never paid because of fraudulently undervalued appraisals on the various properties. I am not sure why Weisselberg is facing jail here, but I don't think there are personal charges pending in this one against Donnie, and certainly not against his family members. I remember reading that the statute of limitations had passed on criminal prosecution for the nonpayments at issue here, from years ago, but there IS NO statute of limitation on collecting the unpaid taxes and those debts accrue with applicable legal interest. I thought I read it was estimated to be around 400 hundred million dollars...THAT money is what the State of New York is after in this case, and perhaps could seek the dissolution of the Org if it appears it engaged in an ongoing spree of fraud (and it does).

by Anonymousreply 559August 18, 2022 8:24 PM

^A review of what has happened in this case so far. See the last paragraph:

14. NY Civil Suit over Fraudulent Real Estate Practices

People v. Trump Org., No. 451685/2020 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. Dec. 15, 2020)

Plaintiff: New York Attorney General (AG)

Case Summary: In March 2019, New York Attorney General Letitia James launched a civil probe investigating allegations that the Trump organization inflated and deflated property values to avoid tax liability and for other financial benefits. She began her investigation after Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen testified before Congress that Trump had engaged in fraud. While there is some overlap, James has noted that her investigation differs from and is independent of the Manhattan DA criminal investigation.

Much of her probe has focused on Seven Springs, a Trump-owned property in New York. In December 2019, James subpoenaed the Trump Organization, seeking records related to a $21 million tax deduction that Trump claimed against the property in 2015. Per her court filings, James is exploring whether Trump improperly inflated the property’s value to boost the size of the tax benefit.

James is also looking into other transactions relating to Trump properties. She is investigating whether Trump failed to pay taxes on debt forgiven during the financial restructuring of the Trump Hotel & Tower in Chicago and the appraisal of the LA Trump National Golf Club used for his conservation tax break, which was substantially higher than metrics typically used to value golf properties.

Case Status: In connection with the Seven Springs subpoenas, James’s office deposed Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg and Eric Trump in September and October 2020. Both refused to testify and instead invoked the Fifth Amendment over 500 times. She also sought related records held by Trump’s tax lawyers. His counsel initially refused to produce them, claiming they were shielded by attorney-client privilege. The state court judge disagreed, ruling on Jan. 29, 2021 that the tax attorneys must turn over thousands of documents about the tax deductions.

Update-1: On May 18, 2021, Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for New York’s Attorney General said, “We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the organization is no longer purely civil in nature. We are now actively investigating the Trump Organizations in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA.”

by Anonymousreply 560August 18, 2022 8:30 PM

“Several other Trump executives have been granted immunity to testify before a grand jury in the case.”

Aren't almost all of the other Trump executives Trump family members?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561August 18, 2022 8:56 PM

Oooh child, that old man is going to RIKERS. Not sure he’s coming out.

by Anonymousreply 562August 18, 2022 9:04 PM

^I doubt he's going to Rikers. His lawyers probably made a deal he can serve his time in a cushy minimum security prison in upstate NY.

by Anonymousreply 563August 18, 2022 9:06 PM

R563, he actually is headed to Rikers as of today. I suppose his lawyers will work to change that, but he is one of the newest residents right now

by Anonymousreply 564August 18, 2022 9:20 PM

Two words to ponder...cavity...search.

by Anonymousreply 565August 18, 2022 9:39 PM

WHET the "Hang Merrick Garland!" Trolls???

by Anonymousreply 566August 18, 2022 10:03 PM

Some people pay good money for that particular kink, R565

by Anonymousreply 567August 18, 2022 11:33 PM

Do they pay more for the old man smell, r567?

by Anonymousreply 568August 18, 2022 11:36 PM

See? That son of a bitch could have spared himself a lot of grief if he had ust flipped on Trump. 6 months at Rikers for a 75 yr. old man who's never been to jail? Someone wealthy? His lawyer could have negotiated something a lot better for him. I hope Trump is watching this a realizing that could be him. Of course he is so mentally challenged it doesn't cross his mind this might be him.I hope his sons and JAred are paying attention. I betcha one of them will flip now. It's what they were taught.

by Anonymousreply 569August 19, 2022 10:24 AM

Shitler runs with the Russian mafia and it wouldn’t be beneath them to threaten Weiselberg’s family members. Death threats and such.

by Anonymousreply 570August 19, 2022 10:30 AM

^His Rooskie buddies upstairs in Trump Tower can handle the extortion FOR him, so long as Donnie 2-Scoops keeps paying his tribute.

by Anonymousreply 571August 19, 2022 12:21 PM

So Mark Meadows is in hiding? Protective custody? It's most peculiar how he has just vanished. All the talking heads on CNN have been yammering for 2 days now about how Meadows was the one who was in charge of Trump's move-out from the WH, and how HE would have been the one to oversee packing up all the Top Secret, illegal goodies and whatnot. His utter absence from the scene for the past several weeks MUST mean that he's cooperating with the Feds. I hope they're at least TORTURING him brutally somewhere, maybe Guantanamo.

by Anonymousreply 572August 19, 2022 12:28 PM

If Meadows cares about the well-being of his family, you can bet your ass he’s in hiding.

by Anonymousreply 573August 19, 2022 1:00 PM

Remember when Meadows was crying about not deserving an accusation of being called a racist because he has biracial niece and nephew?

by Anonymousreply 574August 19, 2022 1:05 PM

Mark Meadows was registered to vote at a home and county he did not live. But unlike the black woman in Kentucky, he was never charged and did not spend a day in jail. They complain about voter fraud, but only poor, underprivileged people have to face consequences in this country. Glen Youngkin's son also committed voter fraud and it was just a "mistake" and he wasn't even investigated.

by Anonymousreply 575August 19, 2022 1:48 PM

Fuck! I forgot about that. He needs to die off right now. If any liberal Shitler-hating person is planning a suicide, please feel free to make it really count.

by Anonymousreply 576August 19, 2022 2:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 19, 2022 3:48 PM

Can’t they just name and date and require him to show up at this point? What is she hiding?

by Anonymousreply 578August 19, 2022 4:23 PM

*a date

by Anonymousreply 579August 19, 2022 5:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!