Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fire Merrick Garland NOW!

Watching Rachel Maddow. Mary Garlands memo to DOJ flat out says Trump will get away with everything-the DOJ has no intention to pursue any investigation of Trump or any charges. He quotes William Barr ! as the model for not allowing any investigation of an announced candidate for office before or during an election year. He is so beyond corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 377November 28, 2022 2:25 AM

link to something real, op? thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2022 1:38 AM

I’m in the middle of it, hoping your post is wrong but it just started. If true, Garland needs to go NOW, unless someone has an alternative. The memo is hood/bad. Neutrality is critical, “sensitivities” are fucking BULLSHIT and unacceptable. We are so far past “sensitivities” that it’s not even funny.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2022 1:39 AM

It is fucking true and Rachel showed the memo dated May 25th signed by MF Garland. She just finished talking to Adam Schiff and Adam Whisman-both were careful-sort of-but both looked shell shocked that Garland would quote Bill Barrs 2020 "rule" that he invented-no investigations during an election year-which means once Trump declares as a candidate-no DOJ investigation.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2022 1:43 AM

Jaw dropping memo. Shit stain, no doubt, licked his fat chops, and sees this as a “fuck you suckers”, and a green light to think he can do whatever the hell he wants.

So now, I’m just waiting for him to shoot that certain someone on Fifth Avenue, with impunity.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2022 1:44 AM

See, no one in government gives a flying fuck about this disgusting country.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2022 1:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2022 1:55 AM

Call your Senators and Reps today. Demand action from DOJ. “Election year sensitivities” is a crock of shit, don’t take it. It’s not a thing. Crime doesn’t get a fucking PASS. Do you get a pass? Do I get a pass? Then no pass for anyone, including government leaders!!! This is all unprecedented, so I don’t want to hear Garland’s fucking shite about Barr’s precedent.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2022 1:56 AM

The fix is in but who has the deep pockets for this?

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2022 1:57 AM

Garland needs to be replaced with someone who will go after Twice Impeached with everything they got. With that said, considering Biden appointed him with the intention of not controlling how Garland does his job, what excuse would he use to fire Garland?

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2022 2:10 AM

Why would anyone expect anything different?

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2022 2:11 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2022 2:14 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2022 2:14 AM

R12 Garland *is* the one making decisions. And he was appointed specifically because it was known ahead of time these are the decisions he would make. Simple.

There but for the grace of God go I.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2022 2:24 AM

We all knew this was coming, but this is fucking outrageous! Fire this fucking twat, NOW!

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2022 2:24 AM

This explains why Barr is creeping about offering media appearances on CNN, trying to clean up his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2022 2:27 AM

I'm calling the WH comment line. I put this on Joe Biden. He is the one who appointed that Federalist Sicily hanger on and this is what we get. H'es beyond a pussy and a weakling, The memo-with regard to Bill Barr - makes me think the DOJ is still serving as Trumps personal attorney(s). WTF! I feel sorry for the numbnutz who stormed the Capitol on Trump's sign and went to jail, lost jobs, lost damn near everything while the orange crusted Mud Butt sits back raking in the $$$$. He is well aware of the memo-I feel sure of that . Or at least he had been assured Garland wouldn't prosecute. The fix is in and it's deep and I no longer trust Joe Biden-all of this under HIS EYE>

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2022 2:41 AM

What people are rightly afraid of is that prosecuting a former president, or a current candidate for president, will set in motion a situation where the Republicans will start to prosecute every Democratic president or candidate from now until the end of time.

It's not fair, but it's what the Republicans have done for decades. They wait for Democrats to set a precedent, then they exploit and abuse it.

No one is keen on having weeks of the media covering a Trump trial when the media hates Biden and misses Trump. No one in the government wants to admit that we don't have any safeguards for the Trumps of the world, or for when the FBI interferes in an election. They don't want to admit Obama didn't take the Russian election interference seriously. They don't want to admit that they've allowed the Republicans to install sketchy voting machines all over the country.

That's assuming you could even convince people those things are true. Roughly 1/3rd of the country doesn't care, another 1/3rd won't believe it even if it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

We're already in a precarious situation right now, with the country so strongly divided and with our rights being chipped away, and we're in the midst of a huge increase in mass shootings, i.e. domestic terrorism. Just think for a moment what it would be like to live in a world where people were turning on CNN and watching a Trump campaign rally live with a little inset in the corner of the live court case against him, while Van Jones says, "Sure, justice is important, but this looks like a president trying to prosecute his competition. It's just a bad look. People accused Trump of wanting to do this, but he never did. Biden did."

You know that's how this would play out.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2022 2:45 AM

As proof of my point at r17, look at r16, making sure we all blame Biden for this, suggesting we call the White House to scream at Biden about it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2022 2:49 AM

Giving Nixon a pass set us up for 2021, the same players back then are around now and Nixon did not foment a terrorist assault against America.

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2022 2:49 AM

Biden is the correct person for this time. He wasn't my first choice or even second. But the Blacks down in South Carolina knew it before we did.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2022 2:52 AM

This is not accurate, OP. The policy simply is one that says the AG needs to know if someone in the DOJ wants to nvestigate a presidential candidate/nominee. One assumes the AG WOULD have reason to know if such a person, or a sitting president, is being investigated, despite Sessions playing "see no evil" because of his being tainted by the time he joined the Cabinet under Trump.

Garland is doing it right for history and the nation. It is not his concern or fault if Americans are idiots and are resolute about electing scum. He can only go after them after a crime is committed, and the Trump/GOP/Fascist/Nationalist/IRA/Russia/International mess is the biggest corruption web in our history.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote] Neutrality is critical, “sensitivities” are fucking BULLSHIT and unacceptable.

"This is UNACCEPTABLE!"

--the mantra of all Karens

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2022 2:54 AM

I fucking TOLD ALL OF YOU THAT GARLAND WAS A PUSSY. You fools called me boris.

Garland's weak, lazy and USELESS. Just like the democratic party. He had enough to prosecute trump the first year he was in office.

I TOLD ALL OF YOU garland was trying to run out the clock. He has absolutely NO PLANS to ever prosecute donald trump, his family members or any republican politician that was involved in the insurrection.

It's exactly what I expected of him

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2022 3:12 AM

R17 is trying to tell you the democrats as usual are too afraid to do anything and essentially we should all just surrender to the republicans

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2022 3:13 AM

Weisman and Schiff and the Jan. 6 committee members have been shocked that the DOJ hadn't heard about Cassidy H. before she testifies indicating that the DOJ had been doing no investigation into Jan. 6 Trump and the planners. They were just going after the rioters who were doing Trumps bidding. I am disgusted. I don't fault Joe Biden entirely but he did very little to protect ; Voting rights-asp. for the black voters who put him in office and literally nothing much on Roe v Wade. He finally backed out of nominating the anti choice Kentucky judge. He is not handling the job. I understand. He is 79 years old and world is on fire..

R23. You are dead right.

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2022 3:14 AM

Merrick Garland should never have accepted a job he had no intention of doing. He’s a spineless weasel. I’m glad he was kept off the court.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2022 3:21 AM

I know that I'm going to be called Boris and MAGAt for what I'm about to write, but oh well.

The J6 committee has put together a compelling case, and Trump is guilty as sin. However, there has been no smoking gun -- yet. As a regular citizen watching the committee do it's work it is clear they have done a great job, but they haven't connected all of their evidence directly to Trump, yet. And quite frankly, I'm not sure if they can.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2022 3:22 AM

R27. Are you serious? They have more than enough. Trump and the planning meeting at the WH. The crazy meeting. Then he tells the SS to take down the mags, he knows his men are armed but aren't there to hurt or hang him. He watched all of the carnage and did nothing to stop what he had planned and put in motion until it was really too late. Remember the capitol officer talking about slipping in blood and vomit. There is enough here to indict ad put him on trial. Bit it won't happen. Garland hasn't even been investigating. He just watches the Jan. 6 hearings "when e can". What a waste of human skin.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2022 3:29 AM

Trump can be indicted because this is not an election year, no is next year for potus. Also correct me if necessary, but isnt there something in the Constitution about a person not being able to run for office if they participate in an insurrection to overthrow the government?

You know precedent be damned. The GOP doesn't "wait" for the Dems to do something. If they want to go after someone, hold an investigation, hold hearings, or anything else they will do it. The GOP does not give a fuck. They don't play by the rules either. Garland has to go. I would send Kamala over there.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2022 3:33 AM

R25, not really. They knew the DOJ wasn't investigating. I knew it too. There were no search warrants issued. And most of the stuff the 1/6 Committee has exposed was actually known in the first year. There was enough to prosecute trump the first year.

Adam Schiff knew Garland had no plans whatsoever to charge trump or even investigate him. And he's been saying it publicly for almost a year. I watched him say that "merrick garland may choose to just move forward for the good of the country". He put that out there because he knew how useless garland was.

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2022 3:36 AM

It's going to be up to the America people to destroy Trump, since he tried to destroy us.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2022 3:37 AM

I initially thought the surprise witness, Hutchinson would be another pigeon headed whore. That witness' testimony blew this shit wide open. We know what happened but we needed to know the details of who was involved in the terrorist organization.

On January 2, as he was leaving the white house Guilani asked the witness if she was excited for January 6.

Why is this important?

Because they can't claim that J6 was a spontaneous event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2022 3:47 AM

It's pretty obvious at this point that Biden wants us all to just vote Republican. Why fight when our elected officials don't even bother to?

Where is FCI with his bullshit about how Garland is crossing his ts and dotting his i?

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2022 4:00 AM

Just be grateful that the Dems got rig of EVIL Al Franken. I mean that's already a grand step towards shoring up democracy. We can't have everything!

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2022 4:01 AM

Magats have no redeeming qualities.

There is no such thing as a good magat or a good nazis.

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2022 4:02 AM

Here's the word on liberal Twitter: "This memo went out in late May. Since that time, the DOJ has subpoenaed information about tRump, and this “continuance” of the Barr memo doesn’t apply to already-open investigations."

But I'm with OP, no more excuses, kick him out.

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2022 4:11 AM

R22, true, my post made me sound Karen-ish which is awful. But are you trying to say that this is all ok by you? Or that it isn’t a big deal? Or that I’m hysterical? What they are doing is outrageous. We cannot sit here and watch it happen. We must fight back with everything we have. Fuck, look at Ukraine!!! Look at how creatively they have exploited Putin’s weaknesses? Today Putin made some remarkably honest and humble comments about how the tactics of the west on the Russian economy are not sustainable. The pressure IS working.

Keep the pressure dialed up to high. Pigs fry when the fire is high. Do not let up on the pressure. Contact your Senators and Reps, use your time and money *wisely*, work hard to listen to media sources you don’t want to hear. At the end of the day, this is about power and money. They are using social tensions and hate to create so much division that we can’t organize. No, it’s not about identity — they are using that against us now. Focus on money. Focus on justice. Focus on the future. #LovePeople.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2022 4:37 AM

What a bunch of Chicken Littles. The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!! Garland cited Bill Barr’s memo!!! That must mean that he’s a not-so-secret Rethug!! He’s letting tRump off the hook!!!! 🙄🙄🙄 Once again Rachel is making a mountain out of a molehill. How did those tRump tax returns work out??

The Barr memo says:

[quote] The scope of this memorandum should be broadly construed to ensure that Department leadership is made aware of the opening of matters that could potentially be disruptive to our democratic processes if publicly disclosed prior to an election.

Essentially, Department leadership must be made aware of and sign off on political prosecutions at their inception. At their inception. Big whoop. The January 6 prosecutions are well underway with Garland’s approval. But, but, but he cited Barr!!! Get real. It means nothing. This standard DOJ.

The Garland memo says:

[quote] Law enforcement officers and prosecutors [bold] may never select the timing of public statements (attributed or not), investigative steps, criminal charges, or any other action in any matter or case for the purpose of affecting any election, [/bold] or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party.

Again, big whoop. This has been the Department of Justice policy for DECADES. He has broken no new ground here. You can’t use a prosecution to deliberately influence an election, and if there are any questions, prosecutors should consult with the Public Integrity Section of the Criminal Division. OK. Reno and Holder said the same thing as did Attorneys General for many years prior. You can’t use the mechanism of a criminal prosecution to tamper with an election.

Nothing here says that there will never be accountably for the traitors who tried to overthrow the government. Nothing. And, if you disagree — and I know that many will (and call me Boris) — please kindly annotate your response with passages from the memos that specifically support that this is Garland’s attempt to tank the prosecutions of tRump and his co-conspirators.

Read the memos, not the headline.

Oh, and

[quote] Adam Schiff and Adam Whisman-both were careful-sort of-but both looked shell shocked that Garland would quote Bill Barrs 2020 "rule" that he invented-no investigations during an election year

That, of course, is NOT what the Barr memo says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2022 5:01 AM

One of Garlands best friends and close advisors is a woman named Jamie Gorlick. Look her up and you will understand better Merrick Garland is a butt weasel. Then loo upE. Jean Carroll and read about Merrick Garland position on defending DJT against her rape allegations. IOW, Garland continued the policy of Bill Barr that the DOJ would act on behalf of TFG even though the rape occurred outside the time he was President.

And in case you don't want to do your own research, Jamie Gorelick was an operative that mentored Merrick Garland. She is or was an attorney for-wait for it-Ivanka and Jared Kushner.

Cresit to Sarah Kenzior and Gaslit Nation for the "horrifying" story of the connection between Jamie Gorelicknand good friend Derrick-the weasel Garland. Read it and weep.

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2022 5:23 AM

Worried about being prosecuted for a crime? Declare yourself running for public office and no one can touch you.

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2022 7:00 AM

Garland is hoping Trump remembers this when he becomes president again and it's time to pick another Supreme Court justice.

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2022 7:16 AM

Always remember girls, The Swamp is DEEP, DARK, AND DIRTY! "What's in it for me" is the motto for Garland and every other creature in D.C.

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2022 8:38 AM

The face in r6 is not that of a strong man.

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2022 8:46 AM

[quote] Cresit to Sarah Kenzior and Gaslit Nation

Ummm… no. She’s a rage-a-holic

Emptywheel on Twitter:

[quote] Wanna know how I know people are misreading this? DOJ charged a candidate for MI GOV after it was released.

[Quote] Wanna know how else I know? Because DOJ took some very stompy overt steps against political figures, most notably when it got warrants for the phones of top NV GOP officials.

[quote] Another way to think of this memo is, "Want to indict a political figure? Better get going."

[quote] The absolutely craziest thing about your collective freakout is 1) this policy isn't about Donald Trump; he's not on the ballot 2) if you were really thinking about the future of the country, you'd be freaking out non-stop about Doug Mastriano, who **is** on the ballot.

And also…

[quote] This has been the Department of Justice policy for DECADES. He has broken no new ground here.

Doug Jones, who was on President Biden’s very short list for the job says calm down—for the exact same reasoning:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2022 9:04 AM

R17, Your argument is that of a moral coward.

"Oh, my! We don't want to damage our unknown future simply to have justice today! I mean, sure, Trump plotted six ways to Sunday---through extortion, threats, forgeries, fake documents, armed mob incitement, lies, fraudulent lawsuits, illegal refusal to accept Electoral College results, and implied allowance of assassinations---to overthrow the election and install himself as President for Life in the biggest example of treason in our history, BUT REPUBLICANS WON'T LIKE IT IF WE PROSECUTE THIS NOW-PRIVATE CITIZEN and MIGHT WANT TO GET BACK AT US."

"Moreover, Trump is in deep mourning for his first wife, and the DOJ has a MEMO SOMEWHERE stating that it cannot pursue an investigation and indictment of any former politician who has a third wife for whom he left his second wife for whom he left said deceased first wife. It's, like, a rule."

"Americans will be content to have only the J6 Committee hearings. Besides, it's almost time for football, and the DOJ has a MEMO SOMEWHERE stating that it cannot pursue an investigation and indictment of any former politician during the professional football season, up to and including the Super Bowl. If necessary, this timeline can be extended to include the NBA and NHL seasons, PER MEMO."

"Americans should have the freedom to go to the now-limited in number polls, surrounded outside by Republicans carrying AR-15s and inside by Republicans challenging every Democratic voter's ID, and cast their vote for any and all candidates, honorable or criminally traitorous. The DOJ has a MEMO SOMEWHERE allowing voter intimidation if done by WHITE REPUBLICANS. Black Americans exhibiting similar behaviors, particularly Open Carry, WILL be arrested, PER MEMO."

"All votes will be cast and tallied on machines from companies owned by REPUBLICANS. The DOJ has a MEMO SOMEWHERE disallowing any Federal overseeing of machine integrity, stating that the Free Marketplace of Capitalism suffices to ensure a reasonable election result, even if inaccurate through hacking, tampering, and or malfunctioning, and WILL NOT be investigated, PER MEMO."

Thus Spake Garland.

by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2022 9:22 AM

[quote]It's pretty obvious at this point that Biden wants us all to just vote Republican. Why fight when our elected officials don't even bother to?

I've been saying for over a year that the democrats can't even be bothered to fight for own jobs, so you know they don't give a shit about the citizens. They KNEW that Roe was about to be overturned and had barely any response. They were super busy with fund raising though. Women are most of their base. If they can't be bothered with them, they sure don't give a shit about gay rights.

[quote] Where is FBI with his bullshit about how Garland is crossing his ts and dotting his i?

Biden doesn't want trump prosecuted. And everyone in the government knows it. He's probably terrified his piece of shit son, who ruins everything he touches will be prosecuted

by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2022 11:30 AM

[quote]Giving Nixon a pass set us up for 2021, the same players back then are around now

Yes, exactly, and people have not been paying attention. Roger Stone immediately assessed Hillary Clinton as a risk when Bill was simply one of several Democratic possibles for the 1992 election, and Stone called on his friends at the NYT to immediately, as early as spring 1992, start publishing anti-Hillary articles about how she was a liar, morally sketchy, unlikable, and the like. From then on, the media were happy to help with hit pieces about her comments about baking cookies, or making fun of her headbands, or saying that Bill was pussy-whipped because he wanted her to help him govern.

It wasn't long after when Fox News started spreading right-wing propaganda, but packaging it as "fair and balanced," and the rest of the media went along with that, too. Not a surprise after seeing the media laud Reagan as a fun, popular, effective president and friend to all children who was so manly he didn't even have to dye his hair.

We are here now because of decades of mess.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2022 11:42 AM

I'm sorry you spent all that time writing an entire essay that was nothing but pretending I said things that I never said, just because you're bored, histrionic, and desperate for attention, but I'm not interested in engaging with anyone like you, r45. I know you get plenty of interaction on here with your DO SOMETHING!!!! shtick, and therefore you will never leave, but you are quite possibly one of the most ridiculous posters on this forum.

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2022 11:45 AM

Well, there's something to be said for perfection, r48, but my essay at r45 is my only post in this thread.

If you refer, though, to all my posts ever on DL, you must love-hate me, else I'd be on "ignore," n'est-ce pas?

Sorry, but I no longer have a day job to keep!

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2022 12:33 PM

I sort of feel like Biden doesn’t want action on Trump because once Repigs own both houses, they’ll be going after Hunter. What Biden doesn’t know is they would regardless.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2022 12:40 PM

[quote]What people are rightly afraid of is that prosecuting a former president, or a current candidate for president, will set in motion a situation where the Republicans will start to prosecute every Democratic president or candidate from now until the end of time.

[quote]It's not fair, but it's what the Republicans have done for decades. They wait for Democrats to set a precedent, then they exploit and abuse it.

This is correct.

The Dems cannot and will not fight fire with fire as other dems will go after them as viciously as rethugs will if they do. Dems will not hold the budget or debt ceiling hostage and cause government shutdowns and increase the cost of long-term government debt. They will not hold the entire justice system hostage to ensure that judges of their choice are seated.

In many ways, I'm glad that the Dems don't use such tactics. However, having morals and ethics has a price that we're all paying and will continue to pay for decades.

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2022 1:19 PM

why would pukes own both houses?

they don't win elections.

this has nothing to do with Hunter Biden who doesn't hold public office.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2022 1:26 PM

Wow. The DOJ just confirmed that Trump took hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegal foreign donations from China. The donations were “bundled by two straw donors, naturalized citizens from China.” Now we know why Fox News was falsely accusing Biden of taking money from China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2022 1:30 PM

[Quote] It's going to be up to the America (sic) people to destroy Trump, since he tried to destroy us.

Well, then we're fucked.

RIP American Democracy

1776-2025

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2022 1:32 PM

Having fun, r54?

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2022 1:34 PM

In an alternate universe someone is posting "Watching Tucker Carlson! The Marxist stooge Garland needs to be impeached NOW!!...."

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2022 1:35 PM

Dems hold onto Democratjc values. The other side has gone off the cliff into full fascist mode.

Why are you claiming the Dems stood by and permitted women's rights to be gutted?

And if that is your opinion, what solutions are available?

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2022 1:39 PM

Good bye, America. It was nice to know you way back when....now, it's over.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2022 1:43 PM

Why does Biden keep him on? I was surprised he was appointed at all but let's even let that aside for now.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2022 1:46 PM

This is a magat thread.

Magats are parasites.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2022 1:51 PM

Stealth magat ^

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2022 2:03 PM

R58 and 61 are fapping their tiny meats

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2022 2:05 PM

Rachel Maddow does not know everything and she is not always right. She's more interested in reported something that will grab viewers and get her name in the media than accuracy.

Former Rep. Doug Jones makes far more sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2022 5:41 PM

Thanks, R63

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2022 7:35 PM

The republican politicians must laugh their asses off every single day. They can do whatever they want and the democratic politicians can't be arsed to even fight back.

Because you know if the situations were reversed on January 6th 2021, the democratic politicians and everyone involved in the insurrection would have been rounded up and taken to Guantanamo Bay. Even Ginni Thomas mentioned this. The Patriot Act allows for this.

The republicans must laugh and laugh and laugh. Merrick garland refuses to even investigate any politician involved in the insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2022 9:31 PM

What does Doug Jones do now?

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2022 9:33 PM

I assume he's back working as an attorney. He was on the short list to be US Attorney General, but sadly Biden chose Garland.

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2022 10:33 PM

It's very shameful....for the Democrats R65. It's really pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote]What does Doug Jones do now?

Currently playing Saru on Star Trek: Discovery

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2022 11:22 PM

MG is a Dump fan. That's why! DUH! Another fox in the hen house! DUH!

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2022 11:26 PM

How sad that Biden felt obligated to hire Garland after the SC debacle. Doug Jones would be acting on the avalanche of evidence,.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2022 12:24 AM

[quote]It's very shameful....for the Democrat

It is. We've heard how the republicans were actually scared they were going to be locked up and were begging for pardons and then the democrats did nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The republicans must fall on the floor laughing. They know they can murder someone on Fifth Avenue and the democrats would refuse to prosecute them. They really, really would

I GUARANTEE you in the next two years we will hear the words, "I'm choosing to move forward, for the good of the country"

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2022 3:48 AM

They can say it all they want. American citizens want something very simple and completely fair — they just want a level playing field. I’m sick of them trying to tell us how much we all hate each other and that we don’t see eye-to-eye. That’s simply not true. The truth is that we agree on much more than we realize, and we outnumber them two-to-one. The only thing our side is lacking is bold leadership. One positive that may come out of all this suffering and misery is that the cream will rise to the top, our best talent should organically push through all the din and white noise. Maybe it’s Pete or Gavin, I’m not sure yet, but I would also love to see more and more young leaders. We need young leaders who are also visionary.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2022 4:34 AM

People need to calm the fuck down.

Watch this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2022 9:43 PM

R72 This.

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2022 10:07 PM

Just say it was corrupt and I'll do the rest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 20, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote] democrats did nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The republicans must fall on the floor laughing.

I’d support a progressive party. I’ve been tired of The do nothing Democrats since Reagan’s first term. They only prevent the existence of a party that represents the interests of middle class middle America working american.

I don’t buy into the lesser evil line. Never did.

by Anonymousreply 77July 20, 2022 10:14 PM

Someone -- or some group -- must have some Epstein-type shit on Garland. No other reasonable explanation.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2022 4:58 AM

Hell, Liz Cheney's gonna be out of a job in January. She's got a law degree from U of Chicago. Name her.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2022 5:02 AM

Biden failed. He should have appointed a special prosecutor to investigate. The secret service, trump, and God knows who else destroyed so much evidence.

And they won't be able to do anything after trump says he's running for re-election. Anything they do to him, he'll just say it's all political. And as usual they'll let him control the narrative until half the country believes him.

And they can't do anything to him during the election year. They have principles. Even after what they did to garland. They never fucking learn. They're dealing with bullies and there's only one way to defeat a bully, give it right back to them

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2022 10:32 PM

Can't Biden still appoint a special prosecutor in light of what J6 has laid out?

Not that i expect him to have the balls or principle. I remember seeing him cave on anita hill v Clarence Thomas live on TV so i don't trust him to have any steel.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2022 10:37 PM

There is no policy I am aware of about investigations. It is, rather, a policy of not publicly announcing or acknowledging any such investigations and seeking indictments near an election. That is viewed as potentially influencing an election. I have long felt that was a sound DOJ policy.

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2022 10:42 PM

The legal system should not waive the course of justice for political reasons or policy. Especially not when a criminal is trying to get elected in order to stay out of jail.

By your logic, should the prosecution of the insurrectionists be also put on hold for a non election year? Would that be found policy too?

Of course we talking about the party of losers, so they will think like you r82. You guys win. Even though justice and democracy will lose out.

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2022 10:50 PM

It is not waiving the course of justice to hold off on indictments or public announcements thereof - which are never necessary in the first place and are mostly for PR purposes - so as not to unduly influence an election. This policy does not interfere with investigations at all. The government delays formally seeking indictments all the time for all kinds of crimes and for all kinds of reasons including something as simple as time constraints on the office. Doing it to avoid interfering with an election is a much more serious reason in a democracy. So how does democracy and justice lose out? You just sound petulant.

It is not me and my guys, you idiot. it is the policy of DOJ. They were wrong to do it with Hillary and we all bitched about it then.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2022 1:09 AM

OP, don't you realize by now that they are ALL in on it? ALL of them.

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2022 8:19 AM

Anyone who watches MSNBC (or any cable news for that matter) is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2022 8:29 AM

[quote]they won't be able to do anything after trump says he's running for re-election. Anything they do to him, he'll just say it's all political.

Unfortunately, that's been the problem since the beginning. He started out by saying the election results were wrong, then immediately went to saying he was going to announce he was running again. There was always a reason for him to say "this is a political hit job" and many (stupid, biased, awful) people would believe it. The "both sides" media and the right-wing propaganda machine would have run with that, undermining any attempt to bring him to justice.

The only thing that can be done now is to expose everything that happened and hope the American people believe it, remember it, and act accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2022 10:04 AM

I understand that people are getting frustrated, but MG has been onto this for only 1 1/2 years. Not much time for an investigation into all that went on with Trump. He needs to nail this 1000% and that takes time.

I would find it hard to believe MG would let Trump walk free. It would deeply shatter believe in the judiciary system. Probably beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2022 10:25 AM

R72....That's like Obama. When he took office in 2009, inheriting the economic crisis with Wall Street and the banks....he called a meeting with the CEOs of the banks. They were terrified, not knowing what was in store....but Obama essentially let them go. What the fuck is with Democrats...not taking a stronger stand, and punishing the more than deserving criminals and enablers?? It's not going after someone for nothing, because you want to get rid of them (which is what repubs would do with no problem). There were/are CRIMES...against the laws!

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2022 12:14 PM

I don't know what more Garland wants now...to make an indictment. The evidence has been thrown in his face!

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2022 12:16 PM

And because people can't seem to see beyond their own nose, the pandemic stopped in its tracks much investigative work in most crime. Hell they only started grand juries back up in DC not that long ago and it's on a limited basis and seriously backed up. The criminal justice system is still hampered by the pandemic.

Just think of everything required to investigate anything and all the parts of that machine were impacted in some way - some parts completely, some just slowed down with some still not back as it was before.

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2022 12:46 PM

[quote] they won't be able to do anything after trump says he's running for re-election.

Why not? That's Trump's calculation and their propaganda.

[Quote] Anything they do to him, he'll just say it's all political

So? Let him. That's his message. What's the counter message?

The legal process will roll on.

by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2022 1:26 PM

Who the fuck are these Garland apologists?

Republicans???

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2022 1:33 PM

Yes^^

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2022 2:35 PM

The Daily podcast has a great episode with a former Federal prosecutor that breaks down why the case against Trump would be very difficult to prove. Worth a listen for all of you hissing for Garland's head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2022 2:38 PM

I'll believe it when I see it R74. Words...just words. I want action.

by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2022 2:55 PM

Hmmm. in the pic at R95, if McGahn was to make sworn to statements then Trump may have been suborning sworn statements. Though that, like perjury, is a very hard case to make.

Now I have to listen to that - geez. I have avoided Trump as much as possible since I heard Hillary lost Florida. I just assume the worst and let others handle the details.

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2022 3:03 PM

[quote] Who the fuck are these Garland apologists?

People trying to explain to you that this doesn't work by stomping your feet and protesting. Plenty of guilty people in this country get away with crimes because it can't be proven.

There are actually laws and rules that govern investigations and criminally and civilly charging people. I guarantee you that there are many. many AUSAs and DOJ careerists who would love to see Trump successfully charged with something.

by Anonymousreply 98July 23, 2022 3:07 PM

Isn't there enough evidence from the January 6 hearings? Videos, texts...testimonies from staff, people who worked for him....all repubs? Isn't there enough of a smoking gun now?

by Anonymousreply 99July 23, 2022 3:11 PM

Unfortunately R99, as the podcast at R95 explains, there is no law about giving a speech that inspires people to go overrun the Capitol, nor is there a law against not doing anything while your supporters are ransacking the Capitol and threatening your Vice President.

Listen to the podcast-- it is not all that long and the guy they interview about it is a former prosecutor for the Muller investigation. It will explain the nuances better than any of us non-lawyers can.

by Anonymousreply 100July 23, 2022 3:15 PM

I guess Garland is waiting for trump to confess and admit his guilt....lol.

by Anonymousreply 101July 23, 2022 3:16 PM

^^He explains the three laws Trump could be charged with violating and why each would be difficult to prove given that Trump did not explicitly say things like "Go break into the Capitol and hang Mike Pence now! I will make sure you are protected if you do that!"

by Anonymousreply 102July 23, 2022 3:18 PM

R102, I will definitely listen to it, but I have to tell you that I think it’s bullshit. Last night I watched as multiple experts outlined the numerous *felonies* now proven to have been committed by Trump. He has a list of felonies. Fucking felonies. So while I am very interested in hearing that pod, I will take it with a grain of salt. Trump has broken the law and committed serious crimes, he needs to go to the clink-clink.

If a black woman in Texas has to do five years because she listened to a poll worker and filled out a provisional ballot, then this fat fuck can go rot too. No fucking way will our country let him get away with this, and yes, people are willing to go to war over it on both sides. Couldn’t happen to a nicer piece of orange shit, cannot wait for him to get nailed. At a bare minimum, he will be barred from running again, and that’s good enough for me right now because that will lead to the rest of his house of cards falling down.

by Anonymousreply 103July 23, 2022 3:36 PM

Yes.. lesser crimes have gotten people in prison. I know...different rules for different classes and wealth, though very unfair. If anything, I hope he can never run for anything, let alone POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 104July 23, 2022 3:44 PM

Can Congress fire Garland?

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2022 4:13 PM

[quote] Can Congress fire Garland?

The House could vote to impeach him and have the Senate remove him from office. That’s it. The likelihood of that happening is pretty close to zero.

by Anonymousreply 106July 23, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote]And because people can't seem to see beyond their own nose, the pandemic stopped in its tracks much investigative work in most crime.

Wrong. The January 6 Committee was able to investigate without a problem

by Anonymousreply 107July 25, 2022 3:42 AM

[quote]I understand that people are getting frustrated, but MG has been onto this for only 1 1/2 years. Not much time for an investigation into all that went on with Trump. He needs to nail this 1000% and that takes time. I would find it hard to believe MG would let Trump walk free. It would deeply shatter believe in the judiciary system. Probably beyond repair.

You're very gullible. The DOJ hasn't been investigating trump. They Insurrection Committee had enough time to investigate.

Most of the best lawyers in the country have been calling out merrick garland for his weakness and dereliction of duty. He never even started an investigation. A year a half and no investigation. That's all you need to know

Adam Schiff, Jamie Raskin and others on the committee have been begging on social media for him to investigate. They've all gone on record many times that they expect him to "decide not to prosecute and just to move forward for the good of the country"

He's let it go too long. Trump won't be prosecuted and a tremendous amount of people will stay home and not vote.

This is just what the democrats always do. They're pussies. They've been this way for 40 years. One party is evil and the other is useless.

by Anonymousreply 108July 25, 2022 3:49 AM

[quote] The January 6 Committee was able to investigate without a problem

I'm not wrong because I have to deal with this as part of my everyday work. In any event, I'm not talking about Congress. I'm talking about DOJ and other prosecuting offices.

And how do you know that the pandemic has not affected the Congressional investigation? You have no idea what witnesses have been unable to appear or have been unreachable for pandemic reasons. Nor do you know about any of the other effects it may have had.

Perhaps the Committee has been unable to find the smoking gun that could really nail Trump because of that.

by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2022 4:26 AM

Not only that, r108, Congress has also been telling Garland he needs to do something -now. They would have a better idea than anyone in here whether he's really doing any investigation or not.

Why do people make excuses for Garland. That puzzles me. I suspect it's wishy washy wishing, for the alternative is too fearsome to contemplate.

by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2022 6:33 AM

If trump isn’t charged and sentenced I’m not voting republican but Biden definitely has me fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2022 8:00 AM

Biden's fucked us up once before with the Clarence Thomas nomination. He was a wan bland senator after that. He was chosen as VP for the very reason that he is an an affable blank. His only contribution was to mistakenly blurt out Obama's gay rights support that forced the latter's hand.

As president he did more in his first year than Obama or Trump or W did in their entire presidencies. For that we are grateful and admiring.

But he has fallen into his usual waffling both sides of the aisle ineffectualism just when the second phase of the American slo mo coup demands steely action.

I want a younger generation to take over and i support Pete, AOC and Gavin for the new party leadership.

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2022 8:13 AM

I’m from California and Gavin is someone I’d like to run.

by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2022 8:36 AM

I can now boast “I TOLD YOU SO!” and “ You heard it here first!” bitches!! How many times did I say that Jewish, Federalist, Jamie Gorlick-loving Merrick “GarFINKle” Garland was going to betray us! I was called a Trumptard troll, instead. I can have the last laugh now. HA HA HA HA!

Also, Liz Cheney is NOT GOING to call Ginny Thomas to testify before the J6C! So Uncle Thom is now given the green light to reverse gay rights too!

by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2022 9:01 AM

Liz will go after Ginny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2022 9:05 AM

Good luck with that. While I would LOVE to have Ginni forced to testify or twist into a pretzel as Uncle Thomas makes up excuses about more high tech lynching, the reality is, once congress flips, the very first thing they will do is dissolve the Jan 6th committee and gut the DOJ of money to kneecap them from investigating anyone.

Garland will fold like a cracker, people will be outraged, protest, Biden will replace him, but it will be too late. Damage done, Repug mission will have been accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 116July 25, 2022 9:16 AM

R116 = Maria! the gypsy fortune teller.

by Anonymousreply 117July 25, 2022 9:43 AM

[quote]And how do you know that the pandemic has not affected the Congressional investigation? You have no idea what witnesses have been unable to appear or have been unreachable for pandemic reasons. Nor do you know about any of the other effects it may have had.

It didn't affect it that much because they have essentially finished their investigation and garland hasn't even started.

If the DOJ does not indict trump before the midterms and he announces he is running then he will become untouchable

Now stop it

by Anonymousreply 118July 25, 2022 9:56 AM

[quote]Perhaps the Committee has been unable to find the smoking gun that could really nail Trump because of that.

All the top lawyers in the country have been calling out merrick garland for over a year. Many of them were actually up for consideration for Attorney General.

But of course you know more than these experts.

by Anonymousreply 119July 25, 2022 10:05 AM

R100, he could be arrested for conspiracy. It's an easy crime to prove. Covering it up and destroying evidence is also a crime.

by Anonymousreply 120July 25, 2022 10:08 AM

It's really outrageous that the wife of a Supreme Court Justice thinks it's her choice not to appear before an official hearing. She shouldn't have to be subpoenaed. Her f-ing husband is an f-ing judge! Yes, everyone knows who her husband is, but I reject the notion that she is allowed to act above the law because of that. It should be the other way around. She should be held to a higher standard. Media really needs to start pointing that out.

by Anonymousreply 121July 25, 2022 10:11 AM

[quote]So? Let him. That's his message. What's the counter message?

That's hilarious R92. When have the democrats ever been able to effectively counter message?

50% of republicans on Obamacare don't even know they're on Obamacare. You should become a comedian

by Anonymousreply 122July 25, 2022 10:13 AM

Why don’t you suckers compare Merrick Garland’s effectiveness to Liz Cheney’s? Liz was able to throw Bannon’s Trump pardoned ass into jail for up to 6 months for failing to honor her subpoena! What has Garland, with the full weight of the United States DOJ, managed to do OTOH? Squat! Zilch! Nada! Apples to oranges! Garland does not deserve the job and he is simply not up to the task.

The question we should be preparing for right now is:

What the hell are we going to do to protect our Constitutional rights once it’s too late and Garland has successfully run out the clock and he has (as we already know now!) done jack shit about Trump? What are we going to do then? Do we really have any fricking clue? Answer=No!

by Anonymousreply 123July 25, 2022 10:24 AM

The democrats can't/won't even fire Louis Dejoy

Don Winslow:

It's hard for some of us to see how if you can't even get rid of Louis DeJoy from the U.S. Post Office you're going to charge, arrest, CONVICT and SENTENCE to prison the last President of the United States.

Especially when you can't even get his taxes released after 7 years.

This is part of the reason the world laughs at America. One party is evil, the other is useless

The republicans would have found some way to get rid of Dejoy within 3 months. They know how to think outside the box.

I've said this since February 2021, had the situations been reversed regarding the insurrection, the republicans would have used the Patriot Act to round up all the democratic politicians involved in the insurrection within before March 2021. And they wouldn't have given them a trial. The Patriot Act allows terrorists to be held forever without a trial.

And Ginni Thomas's texts prove that I was right about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 25, 2022 12:26 PM

Yes! Yes! Fucking declare these Evangelical white supremacists for what they fucking are!

DOMESTIC TERRORISTS!!! DOMESTIC TERRORIST GROUPS!

Any other assemblance that would stampede the nation’s Capital to kill the US Vice President would have been mowed down with gunfire! But because these rioters were white supremacists, well then we must acquiesce! It is so obvious that it is farcical!

Merrick Finkle Garland would never have the balls! That’s the eunuch we’ve put in charge! A feckless, neutered stump of a man to defend our democracy against tyranny. Serves us right! And that doddering, ice cream-loving pickled dick of a President is not far behind.

God save us!

by Anonymousreply 125July 25, 2022 2:19 PM

During the January 6 hearings, they are called rioters...not terrorists. I wish they would call them terrorists. That's what they are! C'mon....

by Anonymousreply 126July 25, 2022 2:41 PM

B-b-but they are all WHITE persons, not darkies. So they can’t possibly be dangerous insurrectionists. Only POC and gays are a threat to America! How can a white man be a terrorist?

by Anonymousreply 127July 25, 2022 3:00 PM

..you forgot Muslims, too...^^

by Anonymousreply 128July 25, 2022 3:01 PM

R124, Don Winslow is a windbag who knows much less than he pretends. He panders to get followers and to sell his books. $$$

by Anonymousreply 129July 25, 2022 3:19 PM

[quote] All the top lawyers in the country have been calling out merrick garland for over a year. Many of them were actually up for consideration for Attorney General. But of course you know more than these experts.

Oh please. Who are you talking about? Garland's rivals? LOL. And every one of them, if they are principled lawyers and have not become political hacks, will add the caveat that they have no idea what is happening at Justice with the investigation. All they can do is guess.

That's what I am saying. We do not know how the investigation is going. Anyone who says they do is full of shit. I am saying none of us know.

by Anonymousreply 130July 25, 2022 3:24 PM

If you don't see any activity (subpoenas, searches, etc) it's because there is no investigation happening. And there's been no activity. Anything else is wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 131July 25, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote]Don Winslow is a windbag who knows much less than he pretends. He panders to get followers and to sell his books. $$$

He knows how to message better than every democratic politician put together.

Once again, 50% of republicans on Obamacare don't even know they are on Obamacare. The useless democrats can't even tout their own achievements properly.

by Anonymousreply 132July 25, 2022 8:28 PM

The former chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence appeared last week before a federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Short appeared under subpoena, sources said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 25, 2022 8:38 PM

R128, let's be honest: Had 1/6 involved ONE Muslim attacking a Capitol Police Officer and smashing a window, every other Muslim no where near it would already be fucked for what that individual did. And the first people looking to punish all of them are the same ones currently trying to claim 1/6 was no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 134July 25, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote]Biden's fucked us up once before with the Clarence Thomas nomination.

You're an idiot R112, Biden voted against Clarence Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 135July 25, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]Oh please. Who are you talking about? Garland's rivals? LOL. And every one of them, if they are principled lawyers and have not become political hacks, will add the caveat that they have no idea what is happening at Justice with the investigation. All they can do is guess.

You don't realize that merrick garland isn't investigating trump? Even when he himself said he wasn't investigating trump? Even when Schiff and everyone else on the committee begs him to investigate donald trump at the bare minimum of once a week?

They literally BEG him to start an investigation because they know he doesn't plan on prosecuting trump. He's trying to time everything out until the democrats lose the midterms and the repugs stop all the investigations.

Plus he's very busy providing trump with a taxpayer funded defense in trump's defamation case, that happened before trump was president. He doesn't have to provide trump with a defense. He wants to

by Anonymousreply 136July 25, 2022 8:40 PM

Just last week Luria says Garland ‘doesn’t need to wait’ to act on criminal investigation of Trump over Jan. 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 25, 2022 8:41 PM

What I am dying to know is who is paying for this lawyer vs that lawyer, because I guarantee the RNC is up to some illegal shit and paying for at least some of the lawyers via their own PACs while Trump PACs are paying for other lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 138July 25, 2022 8:41 PM

Adam Schiff begged yesterday (just like he does most days) for the DOJ to start an investigation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 25, 2022 8:42 PM

Should've made Fani Willis AG

by Anonymousreply 140July 25, 2022 8:42 PM

[quote] If you don't see any activity (subpoenas, searches, etc) it's because there is no investigation happening.

Grand jury work is under seal. If you learn about it, it is usually by accident or someone making an assumption. Sometimes a GJ witness or that person's lawyer will talk about it because they aren't covered under the GJ secrecy. Subpoenas also are issued under seal. And "searches" are usually done on an electronic level, often not needing any physical material.

Similarly criminal investigative work is also usually done in secret.

So how the hell would you know what is or isn't being done? Just like you wouldn't know if a person summoned to appear before a GJ actually gave testimony or not.

You wouldn't.

Politicians are making political statements to make themselves look good. Garland doesn't need them to beg him to do his job.

by Anonymousreply 141July 25, 2022 8:49 PM

Here is what Mary Garland and the DOJ IS doing these days-

- Going to court to reverse the policy making wannabe immigrants stay in Mexico while their asylum applications are being processed. Can’t have that! Throw open the doors and welcome them in, all of them!

- Going to court to challenge the law that makes it illegal for noncitizens to vote. Because after we welcome them in we must let them vote too!

That’s where their priorities are. Indicting Donald Trump? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 142July 25, 2022 8:52 PM

[quote]Going to court to challenge the law that makes it illegal for noncitizens to vote. Because after we welcome them in we must let them vote too!

Yeah, it's way better where if the overwhelming majority of people vote for one party, the minority party gets to rule over us.

You act like the shit system we have now is to be revered. Are you fucking paying attention all? Are you even gay, shit-for-brains? Because I hope you get your wish and while you're obsessed with the nonsense you just wrote, it'll be down to Republican-controlled election committees who say "Fuck you, we decide who wins"

Keep up the scapegoating as you watch your rights get destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 143July 25, 2022 8:59 PM

R124 agree totally. Especially,

[Quote] One party is evil, the other is useless

by Anonymousreply 144July 25, 2022 9:05 PM

[quote] 4. Most importantly, Marc Short has significant testimony he could give that implicates Trump.

[quote] Also importantly, he can give testimony that significantly implicates Mark Meadows.

[quote] "Marc Short told the committee that Mark Meadows seemingly agreed that Pence didn't have the power to overturn Trump's loss"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 25, 2022 9:19 PM

R123...repubs have the balls....Democrats are eunuchs.

by Anonymousreply 146July 25, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote]Oh please. Who are you talking about? Garland's rivals? LOL.

You're really starting to make a jackass out of yourself. I'll give you one name, but I could give you dozens, Laurence Tribe

He taught law to Barack Obama, Ted Cruz, John Roberts; Elena Kagan, Kathleen Sullivan, Jamie Raskin, Adam Schiff and even merrick garland himself.

And for the past year, Laurence Tribe has been calling him out for doing SHITTY job

Yes, he taught Roberts, Kagan, Obama and garland. Now shut that cunting mouth of yours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2022 1:15 AM

Andrew Weissmann doesn't seem to think Garland is doing much of anything.

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2022 1:21 AM

[quote]Grand jury work is under seal. If you learn about it, it is usually by accident or someone making an assumption.

We'd have heard about Mar A Lago getting searched, we actually did hear about it being searched after trump stole all those documents. Garland refused to charge him for that. We'd have heard about other places getting searched, just like we did when trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen's office/home was searched. Just like we did when Rudy Giuiliani's home got searched. Just like we did when Trump's accountant's home was searched.

I could go on an on and on, but I won't. I'd have thought you'd have gotten tired of spewing diarrhea, but you're still full of lots of shit'

And he was doing even a cursory investigation, we'd have heard about it. Adam Schiff, Jamie Raskin, Adam Kinzinger and Liz Cheney wouldn't be begging every single day for merrick garland to investigate donald trump. The best legal scholars in the world wouldn't be calling him out every hour

merrick garland is just waiting out the clock, and of course providing the best defense to donald trump in his defamation case against E Jean Carroll.

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2022 1:36 AM

Communications searches rarely need the actual devices to do a forensics search. You just subpoena the carrier records. Those subpoenas would be under seal possibly accompanied by court orders not to disclose the existence of the subpoenas.

There is no congressional exception to Grand Jury secrecy. Politicians gonna politic. You do know there's an election on the horizon.

But keep believing what you want if it enables your self-righteous rage.

Tribe isn't always right you know. Especially when it comes to criminal law. His expertise is constitutional law, not criminal law. Though he probably wouldn't want to hear that. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2022 2:54 AM

I dont think Merrick Garland is waiting out the clock, he's just inept of doing the job. Because Trump was president he only wants to move forward if the case is rock solid made of gold and totally incapable of losing in court. He's basically setting the bar so high no one can ever get over it. He's got that same affliction of "what will Republicans say about me if I put their orange Jesus in jail" if I do this. He's traumatized by them holding up his appointment as a judge for the Supreme court. Call it PTSD, Pussy Whipped, Nurtured, Traumatized all the same thing.

Meanwhile average the average Joe has gone to prison for far, far less evidence and serious amount of crimes. "No one is above the law", but the bar is set so high for only one guy with orange hair, he has nothing to be worried about.

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2022 3:02 AM

Mary Garland is simply a continuation of Bill Barr’s DOJ. We already know where his shit led us to. All that bluster about how Robert “Three Sticks” Mueller was going to bust some Trump balls. Yes, all those ‘sealed’ subpoenas that never materialized - they simply vanished and ‘went away’ - all those talking TV heads hanging on by a thread to Mueller’s every move and nuance. What did Three Sticks amount to in the end?

I’ll tell you: A big, fat N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!

It was all a joke to keep us ruefully engaged to our news media until time simply ran out. Game Over. Nothing happened. No one went to jail. No one paid for anything. All of our tax paying money spent on investigations that never were, all those endless committees and hearings. And poof! It all amounted to NOTHING!

Same will happen here under Mary Garland. They are even using the same playbook. REDUX!

by Anonymousreply 152July 26, 2022 3:47 AM

This isn't about "justice", it's about "Realpolitik"

Garland won't dare to indict Trump until he's confident his case is so OVERWHELMINGLY watertight, even moderate Republicans can be counted on to back him up because they're so ashamed of Trump & pissed at him for sullying the Party's image the way Nixon did.

Why? Because if he tries to convict Trump & fails, the Republicans will use everything he did as a green light to justify declaring legal jihad against every Democrat they can.

Garland has to tread VERY carefully. Convicting a US President of actual crimes is without precedent, and involves legal theories that would frankly be dangerous to test in court. It's kind of like when criminals are allowed to go free when the police fuck up. We don't do it because we like criminals, we do it because it's the only way to make the police respect people's rights. If the police can get away with ignoring people's rights, they absolutely WILL.

Put another way... anything the Democrats do to Trump, the Republicans will try to do to Democrats out of pure spite. Garland has to be careful to not hand them free ammunition.

by Anonymousreply 153July 26, 2022 7:22 AM

repubs will/are being spiteful anyway. Garland...just do your job.

by Anonymousreply 154July 26, 2022 7:37 AM

[quote]Garland won't dare to indict Trump until he's confident his case is so OVERWHELMINGLY watertight, even moderate Republicans can be counted on to back him up....

What planet are you on? Republicans will NEVER back him up unless they already have left the party. Can you name any well known pro-Trump Republican that changed their mind after the Jan 6 hearings?

[quote]. if he tries to convict Trump & fails, the Republicans will use everything he did as a green light to justify declaring legal jihad against every Democrat they can.

So you must also be REALLY HIGH on that plant as well. You really think Republicans give 2 shits about how honest and careful the facts against Trump are made? They will declaring legal jihad against every Democrat regardless of what happens. They have already said that is their goal publicly. They have named Biden, his son, Nancy, Adam Sift, and others on their target list of planned investigations.

by Anonymousreply 155July 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Garland doesn't HAVE to convince "Trump" Republicans. If you haven't noticed, there ARE a few non-Trump Republicans, too. They're the choir that needs preaching-to.

Just because crazy rabble like Boebert, Gaetz, and MTG are beating war drums doesn't mean McConnell, Graham, and others who'd actually be in charge would DO it (vs endlessly talking about doing it).

I swear, some of y'all ars like 2-D paper cutout wannabe Southpark episodes. The world is more complex and nuanced than you make it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 156July 26, 2022 12:22 PM

Is Mary Garland any relation to that late, great singer July Garland?

by Anonymousreply 157July 26, 2022 7:14 PM

Here. Thought that you would want to know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 26, 2022 9:06 PM

Doesn't rule out....still doesn't mean, will indict. He's "thinking" about it. Heard that one before. It sounds like with the pressure he's been getting, this is a statement to pacify people and get them off his back, but really isn't serious.

by Anonymousreply 159July 26, 2022 9:10 PM

Garland is the male version of Susan Collins: I'm sure he's terribly concerned.

by Anonymousreply 160July 26, 2022 9:58 PM

[bold] Justice Dept. investigating Trump’s actions in Jan. 6 criminal probe [/bold]

People familiar with the probe said investigators are examining the former president’s conversations and have seized phone records of top aides

[quote] Federal criminal investigations are by design opaque, and probes involving political figures are among the most closely held secrets at the Justice Department. Many end without criminal charges. The lack of observable investigative activity involving Trump and his White House for more than a year after the Jan. 6 attack has fueled criticism, particularly from the left, that the Justice Department is not pursuing the case aggressively enough.

[quote] In trying to understand how and why Trump partisans and lawyers sought to change the outcome of the election, one person familiar with the probe said, investigators also want to understand, at a minimum, what Trump told his lawyers and senior officials to do. Any investigation surrounding the effort to undo the results of the election must navigate complex issues of First Amendment-protected political activity and when or whether a person’s speech could become part of an alleged conspiracy in support of a coup.

[quote] Many elements of the sprawling Jan. 6 criminal investigation have remained under wraps. But in recent weeks the public pace of the work has increased, with a fresh round of subpoenas, search warrants and interviews. Pence’s former chief of staff, Marc Short, and lawyer, Greg Jacob, appeared before the grand jury in downtown Washington in recent days, according to the people familiar with the investigation.

[...]

[quote] There are two principal tracks of the investigation that could ultimately lead to additional scrutiny of Trump, two people familiar with the situation said, also speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

[quote] The first centers on seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to obstruct a government proceeding, the type of charges already filed against individuals who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 and on two leaders of far-right groups, Stewart Rhodes and Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, who did not breach the Capitol but were allegedly involved in planning the day’s events.

[quote] The second involves potential fraud associated with the false-electors scheme or with pressure Trump and his allies allegedly put on the Justice Department and others to falsely claim that the election was rigged and votes were fraudulently cast.

[quote] Recent subpoenas obtained by The Post show that two Arizona state legislators were ordered to turn over communications with “any member, employee, or agent of Donald J. Trump or any organization advocating in favor of the 2020 re-election of Donald J. Trump, including ‘Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.’ ”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 26, 2022 11:21 PM

[quote]I understand that people are getting frustrated, but MG has been onto this for only 1 1/2 years. Not much time for an investigation into all that went on with Trump. He needs to nail this 1000% and that takes time. I would find it hard to believe MG would let Trump walk free. It would deeply shatter believe in the judiciary system. Probably beyond repair.

It's Mueller 2.0. Right down to the "We have to be precise" rhetoric.

People thought Mueller was going to do the right thing as well.

by Anonymousreply 162July 26, 2022 11:33 PM

Anyone leaking grand jury matters better be careful. Anyone receiving GJ documents better be careful. The only out would be they came from a witness or the witness' lawyer. I cannot see an AUSA leaking any of that info.

by Anonymousreply 163July 26, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote] Last month, federal agents fanned out in multiple states to serve grand jury subpoenas, execute search warrants and interview witnesses — a significant escalation of overt investigative activity.

Hmmmm. I thought we were told by the all-knowing scolds on DL that none of those investigative tools had been employed, and that AG Garland was sitting on his hands trying to “run out the clock.”

Apparently, not, because:

[quote] Justice Department investigators in April received phone records of key officials and aides in the Trump administration, including his former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, according to two people familiar with the matter. That effort is another indicator of how expansive the Jan. 6 probe had become, [bold] well before the high-profile, televised House hearings in June and July on the subject. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 164July 27, 2022 2:34 AM

I also am wondering about that, r164. It was very strange to get multiple threads with people screaming for Garland's head, just days before we find out he has been heading an investigation into Trump's involvement for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 165July 27, 2022 4:11 AM

Mueller Investigation 2.0 is the right phrase to describe Garland’s dog and pony appearance on ABC.

Garland has the stature of all of 4 feet. He looks like a gray-haired 6th grader. He doesn’t fool me for a second. He doesn’t want to prosecute Trump because he’s worried about his stature in history. However, he is playing second fiddle to Liz Cheney’s lead investigation into Jan. 6. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 166July 27, 2022 4:17 AM

In other words, the OP is a troll trying to create fake news to disrupt the political process. Sounds FF-worthy to me.

by Anonymousreply 167July 27, 2022 4:20 AM

Hmmm…it appears that there is consistently ONE apologist for Garland here that has a reply for every critical opinion on Garland. Are you getting paid for doing this? How much of our taxpayers money are you being paid? I didn’t know that the DOJ has a PR team, but it obviously does because even I can detect the non-stop media criticism that’s reaching a crescendo.

Just spare yourself and just cash those checks while you still can because we have heeded your suggestions for a year and a half already. STOP.

by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2022 4:25 AM

Except I’m not the OP. IS this you again, FCI? Just not signing your posts as you admitted you sometimes do not? You are sounding a bit unhinged with that FF plea. You’re not fooling anyone because their is an irrefutable chorus of people out there that is flabbergasted as to why we are BEGGING for an investigation this late in the game. I’m watching MSNBC right now and that’s all they’ve been talking about for 2 straight hours already!

by Anonymousreply 169July 27, 2022 4:29 AM

These are the posts by OP. They are all in this thread. They begin with:

It is fucking true and Rachel showed the memo dated May 25th signed by MF Garland. She just finished talking

'm calling the WH comment line. I put this on Joe Biden. He is the one who appointed that Federalist Sicily hanger on and this is what we get. H'es beyond a pussy and a weakling, The memo-with regard to Bill B

Weisman and Schiff and the Jan. 6 committee members have been shocked that the DOJ hadn't heard about Cassidy H. before she testifies indicating that the DOJ had been doing no investigation int

R27. Are you serious? They have more than enough. Trump and the planning meeting at the WH. The crazy meeting. Then he tells the SS to take down the mags, he knows his men are armed but aren

One of Garlands best friends and close advisors is a woman named Jamie Gorlick. Look her up and you will understand better Merrick Garland is a butt weasel. Then loo upE. Jean Carroll and read about Merrick Garland position on defending DJT against her rape allegations. IOW, Garland con

I don't have the R numbers because I already blocked the loon.

by Anonymousreply 170July 27, 2022 4:35 AM

ONLY NOW MERRICK?

Merrick Garland testifies that he’s being led around by the nose by the J6C. They are showing him how it’s done and how to do his job by example. Talk about wagging the dog (and pony show) Courtesy of the DOG. ©2022.

by Anonymousreply 171July 27, 2022 7:16 AM

I’m still not the OP, FCI. Why don’t you list all of your pathetic attempts at grasping straws to explain the utter incompetence of the DOJ and the stump of a man that leads it? Then plead to DL moderators. to grey out this thread because it’s politically offensive to you. Isn’t that next?

Since the DL moderators will be called in to blot healthy political discussions, maybe DL should separate political threads from the general board. It used to have its own category - along with separate boards for Lesbian issues and Prancing Ponies (for Soap threads).

by Anonymousreply 172July 27, 2022 7:23 AM

Agree R170.

And though, like many lawyers, she’s represented both “good” and “bad” clients, Jamie Gorelick is considered by most Democrats, and many Republicans, to be a legal marvel.

by Anonymousreply 173July 27, 2022 7:37 AM

R166 "He looks like a gray-haired 6th grader."

LOL. And he sounds like he smokes about 10 packs a day.

by Anonymousreply 174July 27, 2022 8:17 AM

R170: "...he knows his men are armed but aren..." "...IOW, Garland con..." "...Then loo upE. Jean Carroll..."

by Anonymousreply 175July 27, 2022 8:22 AM

You should probably address that to the guy R170 was quoting, r175. He's the drunken troll having a temper tantrum about Garland, one which was apparently completely unwarranted.

by Anonymousreply 176July 27, 2022 9:40 AM

Look up Jean Carroll? I did. Just proves how fucked up Dump was when he was drunk. He’d fuck any white blond wigged woman who was in the bar at 3am on a Friday night.

I had a straight male apartment neighbor that would go barflying on Friday nights and if he couldn’t get any good blond tail late, late at night, he’d fuck some tinted blond job like Jean Carroll. Only, he’d be sure she left his apt. before 7am so no one would see this Yeti.

by Anonymousreply 177July 27, 2022 12:55 PM

Sorry, I couldn’t find a pic of a young, E. Jean Carroll. Me bad. However, I still contend that Dump would hump anything vaguely blond and female if he was drunk and desperate. I’m sorry if he did take advantage of her. She did not deserve any wrongdoing upon her under any circumstance. I’m a sorry asshole in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 178July 27, 2022 2:36 PM

Biden is already not doing too well. Most dems don’t want him to run for re-election. If merrick fucks up I think a lot of young democrats will stay home. It will be done for democrats for a long while. Because 2 impeachments(nothing) and we get the house and senate and he still gets off with a slap on the wrist??

by Anonymousreply 179July 28, 2022 7:28 AM

r39 Jamie Gorelick was high up in the justice department under Clinton--and i think she would have become Attorney General under Gore. (It was a while ago.) She went into private practice and Ivanka and Jared hired her. It's common for politicians to hire lawyers who were once in government for the other political party. But once they're out, they're just hired guns with some ability to backchannel and get information. its not a conspiracy.

Fuck even Roger Ailes used Susan Estrich as his personal lawyer (as dramatized in Bombshell). She ran Dukakis' campaign.

by Anonymousreply 180July 28, 2022 8:28 AM

[quote]I think a lot of young democrats will stay home.

And this will differ from most other elections in exactly what way?

by Anonymousreply 181July 28, 2022 8:31 AM

Biden has already said he's looking forward to running against Trump in 2024.

This means he's ok with the DOJ not going after Trump.

He's old school neoliberal Democrat who believes he can work on both sides of the aisle not matter how often they pull the rug from under him.

Old people was set in their ways of thinking.

Of course when this happens these neoliberals show the people they've tried but failed.

In private they also retain the good graces of the corporations.

But something has happened since the 1990s when he was first doing his accommodation of the GOP thing that gave us Clarence Thomas in the SC.

It is that this time democracy will be pulled out from under America too.

The GOP are saying they will destroy American democracy, very clearly and repeatedly.

Just like Putin told everyone he was going to attack Ukraine.

We know - because we have been told -what will happen if Biden runs against Trump and is defeated.

And if does win, the Beast will still roam the land. It's waited for 30 years. What's 4 more?

by Anonymousreply 182July 28, 2022 8:55 AM

R181. Overturning Roe has a compounded effect on young people! Many young women are determined to control their own bodies and to control their future livelihood because they know they’re going to get jack shit from the government - absolutely no government help in starting them off in life with good, secure jobs, no guaranteed retirement or healthcare and no help with financing in terms of first-time homebuyer’s loans nor tax-relief for starting a family. They will get NO help because the Boomers took every fucking thing and sucked it dry.

So, YES, you can believe it’s the youth that will come out to vote out the old White Fascist Christian Nationalists that ended abortion rights and are on the verge of erasing many hard-earned civil and equal rights. They are going to tell these CONS to fuck right off! Don’t forget that those aged18 and under are majority non-white. A first in this country!

by Anonymousreply 183July 28, 2022 11:21 AM

[quote]This means he's ok with the DOJ not going after Trump.

R182, the DOJ is investigating Trump right now. I can't believe we have people actively lying about this. WaPo confirmed it days ago. They've called witnesses, there's a grand jury impaneled, they have copies of texts and phone calls that are being shown to the jury, and that's just what we know and has been leaked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 28, 2022 11:24 AM

[quote] Many young women are determined to control their own bodies and to control their future livelihood because they know they’re going to get jack shit from the government

Seriously doubt it. If they really cared they would have come out and voted before this. What kind of woman sits out every election cycle just to join in only when Roe suddenly gets over turned? Dems have maxed out who will show up and who will not based on Trump. Let's be honest, most of the active hot spots of voters and those willing to come out are already Democratic strongholds. That's not where the problem is. It's RED state Dems that need to come out in droves and yet they don't.

by Anonymousreply 185July 28, 2022 11:33 AM

No one anticipated during the last election that Roe was certain to be overturned. It only became real when Alito’s preliminary ruling was LEAKED. And even then it was a shock to most voters. I’m sure a good number of women in red states will say they support the GOP, but when the time comes to vote behind the curtain, a lot will vote Dem because of Roe. Same thing happened when they lied and said they’d never vote for Trump, but many of them in fact did in 2016/20.

by Anonymousreply 186July 28, 2022 11:43 AM

[quote]No one anticipated during the last election that Roe was certain to be overturned.

Many in fact did. And it's what Trump ran on.

by Anonymousreply 187July 28, 2022 12:39 PM

Anyone who did not know that Roe was going to be reversed can’t count to 9.

by Anonymousreply 188July 28, 2022 12:43 PM

[quote] Jamie Gorelick was high up in the justice department under Clinton--and i think she would have become Attorney General under Gore.

Not accurate. I’m a big fan of Jamie, but had Al Gore taken office, Eric Holder would have been his first Attorney General. Of this, I’m very certain.

by Anonymousreply 189July 28, 2022 12:44 PM

Why were people suggesting DOJ wasn't doing enough? Didn't it make more sense for them to allow the Jan 6 committee to lay things out for the American public and who them there was a strong case (which, I think we all can agree, unfortunately, needed to happen), so that Biden's DOJ wouldn't come across as "politicised" for going after Trump? I mean it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 190July 28, 2022 12:48 PM

I don't either, Elizabeth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 28, 2022 3:24 PM

This man needs to be kicked in the vagine!

by Anonymousreply 192July 28, 2022 3:29 PM

Bitch at R183, nobody handed Baby Boomers anything. It was Baby Boomers who sacrificed a lot personally and professionally to work to bring about an upheaval in society that moved civil and environmental and human rights into a healthy place. It gave us Roe which it handed to the next generations on a silver platter only to see it squandered on convincing and enabling young girls and women to think they should become males because trans.

It sure wasn't Second Wave feminists who sold out women to men with whatever deluded male fantasy they operate under. And despite whatever civil disobedience Baby Boomers participated in, it didn't devolve into the chaos of an epidemic of theft and violence and murder directed at anyone and anything. Boomers understood boundaries for the most part. The ones who didn't spent their lives in jail like Chesa's parents who got what they deserved.

And we got off our asses and actually physically went to the polls and voted.

by Anonymousreply 193July 28, 2022 3:45 PM

Shhhh, he's busy watching tv.

by Anonymousreply 194July 28, 2022 3:45 PM

Yes, I acknowledge the Boomers accomplishments in the 6os/70s - it’s what became of you LATER! Like in the 80s when the term YUPPIES were originated. You like to forget that part, eh? Yes, Young Upwardly Mobile Professionals, YES, THAT WAS YOU, you assholes. You sold your souls out for materialism and an upper middle class lifestyle! That is YOU! Yes, free love and drugs in the 60s that turned into unbridled Gordon Gecko GREED of the 80s. You sucked Reagan’s Oscar dick even better than Nancy ‘OG Cocksucker’ Reagan! That was YOUR GENERATION! Go back and crawl under your McMansion Beeyotch! We don’t need your bullshit here!

by Anonymousreply 195July 28, 2022 3:58 PM

[quote] I acknowledge the Boomers accomplishments in the 6os/70s - it’s what became of you LATER!

Indeed. I saw boomers selling out and trying to cash in the early 1980s. They formed neo liberal and abandoned the working class.

by Anonymousreply 196July 28, 2022 4:05 PM

What has Gen X accomplished? And they are more conservative than Boomers. Angry and bitter they missed the sexual revolution.

[quote]Indeed. I saw boomers selling out and trying to cash in the early 1980s. They formed neo liberal and abandoned the working class.

I was born in 1956, the height of the baby boom. I was just starting my first real job in the early 80s.

Neo-liberal? What are we doing? Playing Bernie Fucking Sanders Bingo? Get outta here with this neoliberal, corporatist, and all the other fucking words you all spew like robots.

by Anonymousreply 197July 28, 2022 8:56 PM

Lemme guess r197. 1980s Yuppie? Business suit with Reeboks? 🙂

by Anonymousreply 198July 29, 2022 2:09 AM

Lemme guess R198. 50-year old Bernie Bro still waiting for his student loan to be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 199July 29, 2022 4:44 AM

The whole thing is bunk. Just dems trying to keep their power and money with a smear job. That is why there will be nothing. Wake up.

by Anonymousreply 200July 29, 2022 4:52 AM

[quote]The whole thing is bunk. Just dems trying to keep their power and money with a smear job. That is why there will be nothing. Wake up

Ah...morning in Moscow. Up before the rest of the trolls, eh Vlad?

by Anonymousreply 201July 29, 2022 4:54 AM

[quote]The inquiry is related to the DOJ’s broader probe of efforts to overturn the 2020 election results and not a criminal investigation of Trump himself, an administration official said.

And you missed this part R184. Jesus Christ, it's right in the headline. You must have just been too busy grasping at straws.

That is what you do best.

by Anonymousreply 202July 30, 2022 6:41 PM

No R190, there's not lot of time. Time is a very big factor

by Anonymousreply 203July 30, 2022 6:43 PM

Thought I’d add this link here, too. Mary Trump (and guest) can school Merrick Garland on how to think and put his words into action!

“No one is above the law” - Merrick Garland.

Give me a break! Trump and the GOP couldn’t care less about what is even ethical, much less about breaking the law. If any average American committed 1/100th of a an act of OUTRIGHT TREASON(!) we’d be strung up after day one! GMAFB! What a damn outright liar that stump of a man he is! He’s a living insult to every law-abiding citizen of this country!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 31, 2022 1:17 PM

Also, Merrick…Since when is committing TREASON not against the law!? It’s just this little snag in the law that Trump committed that should be tugging at your conscience in the back of your mind. Not just the fact that Trump interfered in the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimate Presidential election.

I just can’t….I mean, FGS!

by Anonymousreply 205July 31, 2022 1:45 PM

Garland seems to be letting the statue of limitations expire on the Mueller report charges, and is sitting on the evidence that proves trump colluded with Russia

Garland stated he was looking forward not backward. He sued to keep the mueller report secret

by Anonymousreply 206July 31, 2022 2:31 PM

He’s a traitor, I swear. There shouldn’t be a statute of limitation for allowing an enemy state such as Russia to interfere with our election process! Congress needs to address and correct that statute of limitation pronto! But Jon Stewart was right! Members of Congress couldn’t give a damn as long as they live high on their very comfortable horses and with Cadillac health care coverage (paid by US truly fucked, dying taxpayers dime) and live like 200 year-old tortoises for re-election). I love Stewart’s rant because for the first time, we heard exactly what most Americans truly think and live!

by Anonymousreply 207July 31, 2022 3:20 PM

Garland is starting to move. Cipollone has been subpoenaed to testify in front of a federal grand jury.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 3, 2022 3:36 AM

It may seem like he's moving at a snail's pace but he will get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 209August 3, 2022 3:46 AM

I occasionally read that Garland may run out of time? What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 210August 5, 2022 4:15 PM

We knew by the 26th that Garland and the DOJ were investigating Trump, but there are multiple replies on here after that date from people saying Garland isn't investigating him at all.

I wonder what that's about? Are they hoping they can lie and we won't notice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211August 5, 2022 4:20 PM

Oh hon, you know better than to take what is posted here seriously

by Anonymousreply 212August 5, 2022 4:36 PM

r212, you spent the first half of this thread repeatedly screaming about Biden ruining the country because of this, and now you're trying to pass all of that off as a joke, I guess. Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 213August 5, 2022 4:39 PM

Wha' you talkin' 'bou Willy?

by Anonymousreply 214August 5, 2022 4:43 PM

[quote] I occasionally read that Garland may run out of time? What does this mean?

Pundits talk about Republicans taking over the House in January and ending the Jan 6 committee. Which doesn't affect Garland. Garland can continue as long as he's attorney general. Obviously, if we elect a new president in 2024. That president will appoint whoever they choose. Garland and the DOJ are also of course limited by the statue of limitations, for any crime.

by Anonymousreply 215August 5, 2022 4:58 PM

The deleted texts thing has shown us that the Secret Service, Homeland Security, and the Department of Defense have all been compromised and complicit in the J6 coup attempt.

Wouldn't the DOJ be too?

It's stacked with Barr's people. And Biden never cleans house.

Has anyone checked the basement at the DOJ? Garland is probably handcuffed and living on crackers and water.

And forget about the spooks at the CIA and the FBI. They're probably the ones injecting that mystery clear fluid into Garland's collapsed veins every day.

by Anonymousreply 216August 5, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote] Wouldn't the DOJ be too? It's stacked with Barr's people. And Biden never cleans house.

Barr’s people are gone. All the political appointees had to leave by Inauguration Day, and the one or two who may have remained in caretaker roles are gone now as well. There may be a few Repukes still toiling at Main Justice, but not that many of them, and none of them would be former tRump Repuke political appointees. I spent 26 years there, and the Rethug political appointees had little interest in remaining at the Department after their time was up. They don’t like the difficult work that accompanies governance. And, while they might have gone to a US Attorney’s Office, they couldn’t stay at Main if the opposing party was in power.

In addition, the decisions being made about January 6 prosecutions are being made at the highest levels of DOJ, which would include select staff members of the AG, the Deputy AG, the Criminal Division, the Office of Legal Counsel, and a very few Assistant US Attorneys. No Repuke political appointees.

by Anonymousreply 217August 5, 2022 9:59 PM

R217 thank you for making me even more worried about the future of democracy!

[Quote] No Repuke political appointees.

This is truly frightening

by Anonymousreply 218August 5, 2022 10:04 PM

🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 219August 5, 2022 10:15 PM

Who needs Republicans when we have our own democrats, eh?

by Anonymousreply 220August 5, 2022 10:23 PM

Plenty of political appointees hang around after administrations change. It's called burrowing in.

by Anonymousreply 221August 5, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote] Plenty of political appointees hang around after administrations change. It's called burrowing in.

Not a lot at DOJ. And none of them can stay at Main Justice in the administration of the opposing political party.

The Bu$h administration tried to abuse the process of allowing DOJ people to remain, aka “burrow in.” As a result, the rules were changed in 2007-08 to make it much more difficult. Extremely difficult. So, no, there are not a lot of tRump people who burrowed in at DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 222August 5, 2022 10:40 PM

It was fairly widely noted last year that one of the early speed bumps in the DOJ investigation was caused by the need to vet assigned staff to ensure critical functions weren’t entrusted to anyone who might have had an interest in seeing a straightforward inquiry derailed.

by Anonymousreply 223August 5, 2022 11:36 PM

Like Barr followed any rules.

by Anonymousreply 224August 5, 2022 11:49 PM

Yes R216, the FBI, Secret Service and every other organization is corrupt. That's why garland should have started investigating immediately

[quote]We knew by the 26th that Garland and the DOJ were investigating Trump, but there are multiple replies on here after that date from people saying Garland isn't investigating him at all.

He just started. See the above for that's ridiculously stupid of him to have done nothing for almost 2 years. God damn. And once trump says he's running, the investigation will stop and no charges will be filed because old merrick garland won't want to risk influencing an election.

It was pretty nice of him to refuse to prosecute trump for admitting to firing comey to stop an investigation. And completely ignoring the Russia stuff. He's a great guy to criminals

by Anonymousreply 225August 7, 2022 2:06 AM

[quote] He just started.

Except that’s not accurate. From the Washington Post article at R161:

[quote] Justice Department investigators in April received phone records of key officials and aides in the Trump administration, including his former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, according to two people familiar with the matter. That effort is another indicator of how expansive the Jan. 6 probe had become, [bold] well before the high-profile, televised House hearings in June and July on the subject. [/bold]

[quote] And once trump says he's running, the investigation will stop and no charges will be filed because old merrick garland won't want to risk influencing an election.

Also not true. Garland said that tRump declaring himself a candidate would not shield him from prosecution.

[quote] “Look, we pursue justice without fear or favor. We intend to hold everyone, anyone who was criminally responsible for the events surrounding January 6, for any attempt to interfere with the lawful transfer of power from one administration to another, accountable, that's what we do," Garland said. "We don't pay any attention to other issues with respect to that."

[quote] When Holt pushed for more specificity, Garland doubled down. “I'll say again, that we will hold accountable anyone who is criminally responsible for attempting to interfere with the transfer — legitimate, lawful transfer of power from one administration to the next."

But sure, keep pushing that narrative that Garland is twiddling his thumbs waiting for the clock to run out — even when the evidence suggests that the opposite is true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226August 7, 2022 2:33 AM

Even tRump’s lawyer are expecting charges to be filed

[quote] tRump's legal team is in direct communication with Justice Department officials, the first sign of talks between the two sides as the criminal probe into January 6, 2021, accelerates, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. The talks revolve around whether Trump would be able to shield conversations he had while he was president from federal investigators.

[quote] In recent weeks, investigators have moved aggressively into Trump's orbit, subpoenaing top former White House officials, focusing on efforts to overturn the 2020 election and executing searches of lawyers who sought to aid those efforts.

[quote] [bold] Trump's legal defense team has warned him that indictments are possible, sources tell CNN. [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 7, 2022 2:47 AM

R222, would you please cite a source? Your post was fascinating, new info (for me), but I’m not sure how to easily verify. Your narrative on “burrowing” and the rules around it is very interesting. Thank you.

I don’t think Merrick is doing nothing. But those here who are sweating this have a fucking legit reason! This shit is SCARY! And yes, this is indeed mimicking Mueller! I want justice, nothing more, nothing less. But if Merrick doesn’t make a move by early September, then I will officially flip my wig. The sequence of events is critical, but so is the *timing*. J06 tossed DOJ the ball, but it remains to be seen if Garland has the stones?

I don’t view all posts with this Garland-angst as trolling at all, I think it is hard to have hope and Trump seems to be gearing back up. Letting the angst out is maybe good if you channel it toward your Congress members. Let them know they will lose your vote if they don’t pressure Garland to charge him. Use your emotion to vent on their aides, both on phone and email, but keep it as human as possible too. Keep the pressure on the Dems high af. Demand this criminal be charged just like any other asshole. Golly, imagine if a BLACK MAN did all this shit? What a joke. Charge him.

by Anonymousreply 228August 7, 2022 3:40 AM

r228, just to repeat, Garland's dilemma is... anything he does to Trump, the Republicans will do to any Democrat in the White House the moment they get their next majority... which WILL happen, eventually. They might SAY they'll do it anyway... but 95% of what the Republicans say is hot air. Garland doesn't DARE to indict Trump until and unless he knows beyond doubt that his case will prevail & Trump will lose.

Absolutely, positively, the WORST possible outcome would be for Garland to indict Trump, then have Trump ultimately prevail. If that happens, the Republicans will never let ANYONE forget about it, and will openly be out for blood... and Trump himself would make his victory over the DoJ & his alleged political persecution by Democrats the centerpiece of his next campaign.

The 30% or so of voters who comprise Trump's true-believer core might not actually CARE whether Trump is innocent or guilty (and might even support him MORE if he's guilty)... but it DOES matter to the 20% or so of mostly-independent voters who pride themselves in being loyal to nobody, and who'll ultimately determine the winner of our next election.

This isn't about "justice", it's about safeguarding the future of American democracy. An attempted coup like January 6 can't ever be allowed to happen again, but setting every future president up for revenge-prosecution by the other party the moment he's out of office would be ENORMOUSLY more toxic to American democracy. Part of the reason America is America is precisely because we (historically) DON'T go after past presidents the moment their party is out of power. Trump has done more than any American president ever has to DESERVE prosecution, but that doesn't mean jumping the gun would be a good idea.

As satisfying as it might be to put Trump behind bars, it's honestly never going to happen. Garland has one achievable goal: make Trump unelectable by scoring a conviction that renders him ineligible to run for President in the future, even in "red" states. And the ideal time to DO it would be to set the process in motion a few months before the 2024 campaigns really begin, ideally scoring a conviction after most or all the primaries are over (potentially, knocking Trump out as a candidate after it's too late for the Republican Party to nominate someone else, and putting the Party in a position of having to tear itself apart to de-nominate Trump and appoint someone else to run instead while half the Party calls for the blood of the RP's leaders, and the other half are deeply ashamed and pissed at Trump for embarrassing the Party yet again.

Timing is everything. If Garland launches into things TOO soon, the RP will have time to regroup and do damage-control before the 2024 election. If he waits too long, Trump could end up getting re-elected and become politically bulletproof.

by Anonymousreply 229August 7, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote] Garland's dilemma is... anything he does to Trump, the Republicans will do to any Democrat in the White House

W will cross that bridge when we come to it.

by Anonymousreply 230August 7, 2022 5:58 AM

R229. You are a fool. There is no agreement that the Republicans will NOT do anything to a democrat if Garland does not pursue Dump. I cannot emphasize more that, in fact, the Pukes ARE GUARANTEED to roll out even WORSE regardless if Garland serves his own balls to them on a fucking silver platter! It’s a DONE DEAL that the RePigs will double, if not triple, down on their malice once they obtain ANY chance of going so. GFYS now so you won’t have to do it then - when the RePigs go back on every common courtesy and sense of fair play!

(Hint: Republicans have no sense of fair play, nor a shred of decency. Fuck them while the fucking is good!)

by Anonymousreply 231August 7, 2022 11:33 AM

[quote] R222, would you please cite a source? Your post was fascinating, new info (for me), but I’m not sure how to easily verify. Your narrative on “burrowing” and the rules around it is very interesting. Thank you

R228, I’m looking for an online copy of the memo that had been issued by AG Michael Mukasey somewhere around 2007-08 reforming the rules, but I’ve not had any luck yet. There is nothing written, as far as I know, about my point about not allowing converted appointees to remain at Main Justice in the administration of the opposing political party. That was a matter of common sense that used to be enforced by my friend, the late, great David Margolis, who was the gatekeeper for the Department on where anyone like this was placed. I can tell you that most converted appointees were sent to United States Attorneys’ offices, often DC or the Eastern District of Virginia because those AUSA slots were the easiest jobs to fill. Margolis passed away in 2016, and I’m not sure who fulfills that role now. You have to understand that with the exception of those openings for Assistant United States Attorneys, which can be filled somewhat quickly, it takes months and months to complete this process that often involves negotiations with OPM. So, the notion that lots of people stayed on after tRump lost the election is not realistic.

I did find the transcript of the 2008 Senate Judiciary Committee hearing with DOJ IG Glen Fine about the transgressions of the Bu$h appointees that led Mukasey to issue the memorandum that severely restricted political conversions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 7, 2022 2:14 PM

Just a note for our resident skeptics, this is what it looks like when AG Garland is trying to run out the clock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 8, 2022 11:39 PM

Other than R232, this thread has devolved into a exclamations! and CAPITALIZATIONS.

Y’all girls are too deep in your cups for conversation and should go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 234August 9, 2022 5:58 AM

Lol. This thread didn’t age well.

by Anonymousreply 235August 9, 2022 1:07 PM

Still no Dump indictment. I hope and pray Garland makes me write ‘I was wrong’ on a piece of paper and -yes- eat my own words.

by Anonymousreply 236August 10, 2022 4:24 AM

Oh Please, after you have all shot your wad about Trump being raided, the afterglow is going to disappear really fast like it always does when he yet again slips through the cracks of justice and DOJ or FBI just says they got the papers they wanted, nothing to see here.

I will believe it when I see it and actual criminal charges are filed and Orange Jesus shows up in handcuffs. Until then you all just be jacking off to bad political porn.

by Anonymousreply 237August 10, 2022 9:42 AM

I'm sure our DL threads have grown Merrick a pair! Thank you DL. The nation thanks you!

by Anonymousreply 238August 10, 2022 1:09 PM

Is OP left with egg on his face now?

by Anonymousreply 239August 10, 2022 1:58 PM

It's understandable r239. Everyone who is anyone was calling for Garland to act. Like, Laurence Tribe of Harvard Law.

"While Trump was given a copy of the search warrant, he has refused to publish it, insisting that it isn't up to him to be transparent. So, Garland announced he'd move forward with releasing it.

"Trump bemoaned the FBI and Justice Department this week after a search warrant was executed at his golf club in Palm Beach, Florida for classified documents that they'd tried to get back from Trump for the past several months. While Trump was given a copy of the search warrant, he has refused to publish it, insisting that it isn't up to him to be transparent. So, Garland announced he'd move forward with releasing it.

"Speaking at the Justice Department on Thursday, Garland made it clear that he was calling Trump's bluff.

"He's probably having a very difficult time processing this because, you know, Donald is a coward and a bully," Dr. Trump, who is a psychologist, told host Ari Melber. "He only attacks if he believes there will be no counterattack. He's been tripped up by two things here. As Neal said earlier, Garland is playing chess. Donald can only play checkers. So, he's being outmaneuvered. He's also gotten tripped up. It never occurred to Donald that somebody who looks like Merrick Garland and talks like Merrick Garland is actually a ninja."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240August 11, 2022 11:28 PM

Does this mean OP is a Repug?

by Anonymousreply 241August 11, 2022 11:40 PM

[quote]Like Barr followed any rules.

And the media doing their usual bullshit where they normalize these corrupt assholes.

by Anonymousreply 242August 11, 2022 11:57 PM

I’ve known Merrick for 30 years. I worked with him at DOJ. I appeared before him when he was a judge on the DC Circuit. He is, without a doubt, the smartest lawyer I’ve ever encountered anywhere. If tRump thought that he could outmaneuver Merrick he’s an even bigger fool that we already thought. As I mentioned in one of these threads the other day, Merrick is thinking several moves ahead of everyone else. If you had a meeting with him, you needed to be exceptionally well prepared. Failing to do so would be at your peril.

tRump obviously mistook Merrick’s quiet demeanor for being ineffective and weak. tRump is a fool. And a horrible judge of character.

by Anonymousreply 243August 12, 2022 12:00 AM

R243, Trump is not the issue. It's the ones who *know* what kind of man Garland is, but play on the ignorance, idiocy and conspiratorial beliefs of deplorables who are the far greater danger. A Steve Scalise is beyond despicable, as is Rubio, as is every other craven swine who further chips away at the trust in American institutions. And for what? Their own personal power or for profit in teh case of a "Mark Levine" or "Dan Bogino" or however that idiot's name is spelled.

These people are not Americans. They don't belong here and certainly do not belong in office or given any kind of platform.

by Anonymousreply 244August 12, 2022 12:08 AM

We're supposed to take you seriously, R242, when you write "tRump"? I doubt you "appeared before him".

by Anonymousreply 245August 12, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]tRump obviously mistook Merrick’s quiet demeanor for being ineffective and weak. tRump is a fool. And a horrible judge of character.

Mary Trump described Garland as a "Ninja"

by Anonymousreply 246August 12, 2022 12:09 AM

R243, did you know Chuck Rosenberg? I have a crush on him! I love his calm demeanor and dry wit.

by Anonymousreply 247August 12, 2022 12:12 AM

I love how R242 writes a post about how people shouldn't underestimate Garland because of his appearance. And then, three posts later someone says they won't that that seriously because...of formatting.

by Anonymousreply 248August 12, 2022 12:13 AM

R248, are you sure you meant my post? (R242). I'm just referring to how the media just pretends as though Barr didn't have a hand in destroying the DOJ and didn't enable Trump. Then they bring him on like he's to be respected. I'll throw in Mick Mulvaney, too.

They did it with that fuckface Bill Kristol who I loathe even more than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 249August 12, 2022 12:20 AM

sorry, you are correct. I meant R243

by Anonymousreply 250August 12, 2022 12:24 AM

BREAKING: Documents about Nuclear Weapons were among the documents

by Anonymousreply 251August 12, 2022 12:24 AM

[quote] We're supposed to take you seriously, R242, when you write "tRump"? I doubt you "appeared before him".

🙄 And I don’t give a rat’s ass if you take me seriously or believe me. I’ve referred to Mango Mussolini that way — and worse — for the last six years. If calling him Cheatolini is the determining factor of my accuracy, then so be it. 🙄

R247 I met Chuck Rosenberg once or twice when he was in the Deputy AG’s office during the Bu$h years. Oh, whoops, R245 won’t like that $. Chuck is a good guy, and very well respected.

by Anonymousreply 252August 12, 2022 4:11 AM

Are you 5 years old, R252?

by Anonymousreply 253August 12, 2022 2:06 PM

I still say Garland is a pussy. He got the boxes back, but I bet 1,000 to 1 that no real charges will actually be placed. He will make some claim that recovery was the goal not politics. Meanwhile, if it were average Joe, they would not have waited months to pull the trigger, or giving them instructions not to wear FBI jackets, or give his Secret Service 45 minutes heads up to hide the contents of his safe. Even if the paperwork was totally unclassified, average Joe would go to jail because it's still illegal to take government documents like that home. Trump will not be charged for doing that, he will get his hand slapped while you are me would be going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 254August 13, 2022 3:10 AM

Time will tell us r254, time will tell. I’m officially reserving judgement for the next few weeks minimum.

by Anonymousreply 255August 13, 2022 3:27 AM

MTG files articles of Impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 13, 2022 4:42 AM

^ Just posturing. She'll crumble soon enough

by Anonymousreply 257August 13, 2022 4:43 AM

It’s also revealing that Garland is now stating he waited months and asked very kindly for Dump to hand classified nuclear-sensitive documents back. Really, you asked nicely and waited months before seizing them? All the while he could have sold and continued to sell such information while you sat on your small hands? I wonder if Garland may reconcile his cautions when millions Americans die upon being bombed, simply because he did not want to offend a white, narcissistic supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 258August 13, 2022 10:32 AM

Also, I’m waiting for Dump’s actual indictment for espionage. I’m still not convinced Garland knows how to fight and do his fucking job! If you or I did a fraction of such fuckery, we’d be riddled with so many FBI bullets that they’d have to bury an entire house to get all the pieces of our body in the grave!

by Anonymousreply 259August 13, 2022 10:37 AM

r258 and r259:

AG Garland respectfully requests that you vacate his lawn.

by Anonymousreply 260August 13, 2022 10:44 AM

R258 You know about law

by Anonymousreply 261August 13, 2022 10:49 AM

You mean take a tiny step? His lawn, like the rest of him must be mouse-size.

Listen, I just don’t see why we need to praise a man for merely doing his job. That honor should be reserved for going above and beyond the job. You realize that everyday Dump walks as a freeman that he’s a national security threat and is flipping the bird to every law-abiding citizen.

by Anonymousreply 262August 13, 2022 10:50 AM

Something tells me they just raided Jerad's stash of "gifts" he was planning to give to Saudi Arabia as thanks for the 1 billion investment in his new company.

No one needs that much paperwork as mementos. Someone had plans for those documents beyond bragging rights.

by Anonymousreply 263August 13, 2022 11:32 AM

I hope when the truth hits the fan that the Saudis 9/11 Jared’s ass. That’s right - fly a plane into his body. Please. Please. Pinky swear that the US Intelligence forces will fumble the ball. (wink, wink).

by Anonymousreply 264August 13, 2022 11:42 AM

I always envisioned Trump and his family moving to Saudi Arabia after the presidency. I wish he would consider it. Yes, he would be running away from his problems but at least he would be shitting in that country instead of the US. Maybe he would even say something stupid and piss off the king, forgetting he has no rights like he did in America.

by Anonymousreply 265August 13, 2022 11:46 AM

A prosecution has to carefully build their case. If they want to play to win and ensure conviction, they have to dot every 'i' and cross every 't,' especially when they're under such public scrutiny and cultish protestation. Some of you need to go into hibernation. Take a valium. Chill out. Something.

by Anonymousreply 266August 13, 2022 11:59 AM

But Garland has already admitted he has treated Trump with more privilege than the average person. Asking him "nicely" to return documents, giving him extra time etc. So are you saying other prosecutions are not carefully done? That's your argument.

by Anonymousreply 267August 13, 2022 12:04 PM

You still don’t get it: dotting every ‘I’ and crossing every ‘t’ is not going to cut it with Dump’s cult followers. Once you stoop to their demands, they will see the green light to run over everything you submit! - simply because you are catering and caving into their demands. By doing this, you are validating their superiority. This is the signal that Garland is sending - that his small self must be supplicant to them and appease to their demands. They are the bullies and he’s the small nerd to be beaten up in the school yard. He represents the United States and its justice and he’s a small, meek, nerdy, four-eyed shrimp. Is that the way you want our nation’s justice system represented?

by Anonymousreply 268August 13, 2022 12:19 PM

Oh, do shut up.

by Anonymousreply 269August 13, 2022 12:21 PM

Yes, the truth hurts. GFYS.

by Anonymousreply 270August 13, 2022 12:25 PM

R268 is correct. Garland bringing a butter knife to a gun fight because the rules said no sharp objects.

by Anonymousreply 271August 13, 2022 12:32 PM

I don't think some people here understand how the justice system works.

But, you seem to be pretty convinced you know better.

So, have at it, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 272August 13, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]Yes, the truth hurts. GFYS.

GFY.

by Anonymousreply 273August 13, 2022 12:41 PM

Dump does not play by how the conventional US justice system works. He’s a treasonous asshole that should be convicted as such and sentenced to death. Instead, we are debating if he should be indicted. Does that elementary insight into the law satisfy your trolling ass? CINE SNATCH?

by Anonymousreply 274August 13, 2022 12:44 PM

I took a wait and see attitude about Garland. I knew from reading about his prosecuting the Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh and another prominent case that he was meticulous.

And that got him results.

Sure, you could make the observation that any half-assed prosecutor could've convicted McVeigh, but that is beside the point of the detail, time, patience and plain old discipline that it took to make sure it was done with precision; and, in such a high-profile matter, just what Americans deserve and want.

And here he is with the Mother of all Legal Matters; hell, it's visible to an astronaut currently in orbit and he is employing the same strategy as before.

And, so far, getting results.

I wrote here previously that Garland may be one those smart, nebbishy, seemingly timid guys that may have a spine of steel when push comes to shove.

And so, far, I've been right about that.

My experience being a bartender for 8 years at a bar where there were so many fights that you had to weigh-in at the door, has stood me in good stead in judging true toughness.

Blowhards like Trump always landed on their ass out in the parking lot, especially when they picked on someone they thought they could beat.

But instead, they got their ass handed to them by the truly tough, seemingly weaker guy.

Trump truly is the stupid person's "tough guy".

by Anonymousreply 275August 13, 2022 12:44 PM

I agree with you, Della, but Dump IS a walking/talking threat to our nation’s security. None of us is served if justice is delayed and we pay for it with our lives.

by Anonymousreply 276August 13, 2022 12:48 PM

Noted, r276.

by Anonymousreply 277August 13, 2022 12:54 PM

Thank YOU, Della. Peace out. We will always be on the same side.

by Anonymousreply 278August 13, 2022 1:12 PM

Let’s not forget the real Giuliani. For fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279August 13, 2022 1:21 PM

R262 is a division troll pretending to be anti-Trump. But he really wants Democrats fighting each other.

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 280August 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Sorry, link again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Della is really smart and observational. I thought she was a tranny from NYC but now I get white boy vibes from the upper Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 282August 13, 2022 1:30 PM

Della is a self-admitted alcoholic Frau hag.

by Anonymousreply 283August 13, 2022 1:36 PM

Sounds fun R283

by Anonymousreply 284August 13, 2022 1:59 PM

nothing will happen because they have jack shit as USUAL! this is just a "wrap up smear".

by Anonymousreply 285August 13, 2022 2:02 PM

r285

by Anonymousreply 286August 13, 2022 2:07 PM

283 blocked. It’s much easier to stay on topic once you’ve omitted these sniveling troll rubes. It’s simply off-topic remarks anyway that does not advance forward any sensible input on any given thread.

by Anonymousreply 287August 13, 2022 2:37 PM

I think Garland is doing pretty well. This isn't a presidential election year so he is getting it done now.

by Anonymousreply 288August 13, 2022 2:37 PM

Why is this being brought up now? That Rachel Maddow episode was from 2 months ago. Why wasn't everyone outraged then?

by Anonymousreply 289August 13, 2022 2:49 PM

The thread is a month old, r289.

by Anonymousreply 290August 13, 2022 2:51 PM

The thread title takes on different meaning now. and will be misunderstood. OP will probably be lined out.

by Anonymousreply 291August 13, 2022 7:57 PM

All I want is for this shit to move faster before the elections. If Dems lose the majority you can bet they will do every thing and everything to block Merrick Garland from doing his job. They have already talked about defunding the DOJ, investigating him etc.

by Anonymousreply 292August 15, 2022 11:18 AM

If Trump were convicted by a federal court, is there any chance AT ALL (I do not believe there is.) that his case would not be forwarded ultimately to the US Supreme Court and that the Supreme Court would not absolve him entirely?

SCOTUS is bought and paid for by Trump. They finally are corrupt enough thanks to Trump's appointments that they have stopped even trying to pretend not to be a political entity, and they have opportunistically taken advantage of their power imbalance to overturn longstanding precedents that are supposed to have been untouchable.

So let's pretend Trump will finally be held accountable by some court and some jury. Do you believe SCOTUS would not overturn that ruling and offically declare career-criminal Trump a victim of a witchhunt?

by Anonymousreply 293August 15, 2022 11:49 AM

Even this Supreme Court required the archives to turn over to the January 6 Committee potentially incriminating evidence.

by Anonymousreply 294August 15, 2022 12:52 PM

SCOTUS has ruled against Trump several times. Although they are corrupt they have some responsibility to make at least a plausible argument. They seem to be Bible-based in a lot of their decisions, but even the Bible doesn't offer much in the way of a defense for treason and espionage

by Anonymousreply 295August 15, 2022 12:59 PM

R294 Mark my words, if it comes down to SCOTUS making a ruling that would affect Donald J. Trump's fate, they would vote to enrich, empower and free him. Even if they support certain mechanisms and actions that comport with established law and order, the Catholic/Christian GOP activist majority of justices will take political actions that subvert justice to advance the GOP's goals. Clarence Thomas practically wears MAGA merchandise, those who Trump appointed either blatantly lied or misled Congress about their interests and plans to overturn precedents to advance their personal religious political agendas during their hearings, and several long-seated justices have jumped onto the bandwagon and decided it's now or never time for using their power to accomplish their political desires. We hit a wall and regardless of whether the court appears to vote reasonably on interim matters and means, when major cases come up for decision, they will vote politically from here on out. The Roe ruling and the majority-interest argument that accompanied it proved this court is political and religiously motivated: anti-abortion and inviting appeals that will allow them to make anti-LGBT equality rulings.

by Anonymousreply 296August 15, 2022 1:02 PM

[quote]Della is really smart

No. Della’s a stupid cunt who LOVES the sound of her own voice R282.

by Anonymousreply 297August 15, 2022 1:08 PM

@r296, What I hear you saying is that since SCOTUS is corrupt then don't even try to hang anything on Trump.

No, that's not the way this works. If SCOTUS rules in Trump's favor then anything that happens going forward is on them and after they screwed women over screwing the rest of America might be kind of dicey

@r297, What the hell do you have against Della?

by Anonymousreply 298August 15, 2022 1:12 PM

If it were up to me, I'd give Merrick Garland a big pay raise. An extra big bonus for Christmas sounds right too.

by Anonymousreply 299August 15, 2022 1:18 PM

R295 I'm really surprised people feel so certain that because the FBI investigated and searched Trump's property, that means Trump will be found guilty and held accountable.

Yes, I have heard the pundits. I know they are saying that the FBI never would have taken such an aggressive measure without the highest suspicion of guilt.

I also remember all the months during which pundits, journalists and other people gleefully awaited the Mueller verdict, expecting traitorism and espionage and all manner of crimes to be revealed. "Lock Him Up!" they chanted and people made caricatures of Mueller as a superhero. Republicans proactively called Mueller a liar and a traitor. Mueller ultimately said he found no criminal guilt on Trump's part. People were shocked and devastated.

I'm not willing to be Charlie Brown kicking at Lucy's football.

I don't expect Trump will be found guilty of anything even though I know he is guilty of countless crimes. If Trump WERE found guilty of anything, I fully expect that he will not be convicted for all manner of reasons. I do believe this SCOTUS would make up some excuse like the evidence is not clear enough or some technicality. I believe multiple judges and justices would say it was a political hit job with no merit even if he did 'accidentally' overlook laws about not stealing top secret nuclear documents but, hey, he's not a politician and so how would he know?

Aaron Schock was absolved of his 24 felony indictments in part because he was ignorant about laws that prohibit imbezzling public dollars for personal use....not guilty by reason of ignorance of laws...while working as a lawmaker...

by Anonymousreply 300August 15, 2022 1:21 PM

R298 I am not saying that at all. They need to investigate and try him, but I absolutely expect the worst outcome while hoping for the best. I think based on recent rulings and Trump's 76-year history of not being held accountable, expecting him not to be held accountable is the best way for me to stay sane. Ours is now an overtly corrupt country. I want to be wrong about that. I feel confident I am not wrong but I want nothing more than to be proved wrong.

by Anonymousreply 301August 15, 2022 1:23 PM

@r300, I don't think you can compare Trump's situation to anything else that came before. Treason and espionage are probably the worst crimes anyone can commit in this country, many times resulting in execution. This is pretty serious stuff. There will be little room for doubt once the DOJ presents it's case

by Anonymousreply 302August 15, 2022 1:27 PM

R302

I do hope you are right.

The past decade has been entirely counter-logical IMO and so I don't count on reason applying to this bizarro world.

I earnestly want to be wrong

by Anonymousreply 303August 15, 2022 1:42 PM

As predicted, OP is lined out.

by Anonymousreply 304August 15, 2022 10:57 PM

Whys op lined out r104

by Anonymousreply 305August 15, 2022 11:39 PM

Yesits absurd. Yes it's meant to stir up shit. And yes, it's an admission of guilt.

"Trump's claim of executive privilege is far more legally dubious, legal experts said.

"Anything that falls under 'executive privilege' doesn't belong to him. It's still government property and belongs in the archives," tweeted Teri Kanefield, a former appellate defense attorney.

"So he admits to being in possession of stolen material. Someone needs to tell him he has the right to remain silent."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 16, 2022 12:37 AM

I saw on MSNBC (Stephanie Ruhle) that Garland wrestled whether to search Mar Lardo because of how it might look or play out upon Shitler’s fans and there might be widespread threats and violence. This kind of pissed me off some that our DOJ might feel a need to tread lightly on these MAGATs. I mean really? Since when does anyone find it nice and agreeable once coming up against law enforcement? I still worry that Garkand is so very concerned about how these lawless, nut bags might react that he is so worried about it would “look”. Do you see cops hoping not to offend the tempers of any POC that they riddle with bullets and choke put? I just don’t understand why he - or our country - would feel we have to treat white peoples with kid gloves.

by Anonymousreply 307August 16, 2022 10:44 AM

[quote]This kind of pissed me off some that our DOJ might feel a need to tread lightly on these MAGATs

Exactly, that's what I was saying above, he's already been treating Trump differently than he would some average Joe. And spare me the dot your I cross your T bullshit. That should be how it's always done in the first place. Is the DOJ that sloppy on non-famous individuals?

by Anonymousreply 308August 16, 2022 10:52 AM

You're mad because Merrick Garland was careful about what he did for fear it might cause harm to innocent people in this country? He's walking a tightrope between doing his job and looking out for it's repercussions. That's very admirable, cut him some slack

by Anonymousreply 309August 16, 2022 11:00 AM

That's the catch-22 of Trump.

He presents as an idiot but he has committed felonies all his life and has evaded the justice system entirely because money in the US can buy a person freedom as a criminal.

And he has done it for so long that he actually has a solid case to argue, based on his own life, that the US justice system is corrupt. If he can live a life of crimes and buy his way out of it, how can the justice system claim not to be corrupt?

And since he has never been held accountable, how can he now be held accountable?

The justice system has not held him accountable yet despite his life of overt criminality and so they need an airtight case to prove it or else he can easily buy his way out of facing justice as he always has done and then can point to himself and justifiably claim "there is no justice!"

by Anonymousreply 310August 16, 2022 11:05 AM

^ I understand what your saying, but using the defense that I and others have gotten away with criming, so the precedent's been set is a flimsy excuse. We all know the prisons are filled with people who did things that others walked away free. It's wrong, but it's a poor defense

by Anonymousreply 311August 16, 2022 11:12 AM

R310 summed it up for me. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 312August 16, 2022 11:14 AM

Sorry but I am so jaded from Trump always getting out of facing real consequences his whole life including the presidency I just have lost faith. Remember the The Manhattan District Attorney's office was going after him big time then just shut it down? Lawyers in the office quite because of it. Remember the Muller Report? Every time just when it gets close to something actually sticking, the people in charge lose their balls and suddenly back off just enough to let him skate by.

by Anonymousreply 313August 16, 2022 11:22 AM

R311 It's not a defense. It's an observation.

It's possible to view events both morally and objectively and to draw somewhat different observations.

Morally, ethically and legally, Trump should be brought to justice. He has knowingly broken laws all his life and he has harmed and traumatized people and betrayed his country. Justice should be applied against him for the sake of dissuading others from emulating him and wreaking havoc.

Objectively, Trump has played a corrupt system and he has twisted it into a knot that now is working against itself. Rich people and socially connected people are beyond the reach of the law in the US. Many are above the law entirely, including US presidents and including billionaires. He is viewed as a billionaire regardless of his actual holdings. He checks two boxes. Whether or not they admit it, his followers know he is a career criminal. His opponents know he is a career criminal. Quite ironically, he preaches that the justice system doesn't work and that there is no justice (for him) and that is true because he should be in prison. Quite ironically, his opponents continue to insist that justice in the US does work even as he has evaded it for 76 years and counting. He has made liars out of his opponents, who believe in values he has demonstrated are false, at least when it comes to people in his position. And since he has gotten away with so many crimes all his life, it is now hard to make a case that he should pay for them with his freedom since the justice system has turned a blind eye for 70+ years every time he bought his way out of justice.

He deserves to rot in jail. But he already deserved to rot in jail by the time he was a celebrity hosting The Apprentice and people didn't care at this point. He embodies and reveals our country's corruption and hypocrisy. And corruption and hypocrisy lead to failure.

by Anonymousreply 314August 16, 2022 11:33 AM

[quote] He has made liars out of his opponents, who believe in values he has demonstrated are false

Funny how you sneak that in your supposedly "anti-Trump" rant. You're not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 315August 16, 2022 11:49 AM

^ You actually read all of that?

by Anonymousreply 316August 16, 2022 11:53 AM

Funny how R315 believes the system isn't broken and it's impossible to regard Trump as a crook and point out that the system is indeed broken and won't improve simply if Trump goes to jail..

by Anonymousreply 317August 16, 2022 11:55 AM

Do you EVER shut up?

by Anonymousreply 318August 16, 2022 12:18 PM

R317 I guess most people are naturally binary/us-versus-them/team-oriented, and even more so today. People seem to think that because the other side is corrupt, by default that makes our side pristine, and that problems arise in a vacuum because of the inherent evil nature of the other side and in no part because the system in which both sides operate is flawed.

I always considered myself politically independent and refused to join a party. Blind allegiances like sports teams and political teams are groupthink and they freak me out. I did finally after 43 years join the Democratic party because the Republican party as I see it is a force for ill will and destruction of order, and I cannot imagine ever voting for any Republican now, even if I thought the person might not be a total monster, because they support a party that is at this point a total monster.

But that doesn't mean I can't see that the system itself is messed up and causes its own evils even if it is not evil itself. And one of those qualities is an unjust justice system in which wealthy people and connected people can purchase injustice on their own behalfs. And it only recently dawned on me that liberal people do embrace our own cognitive dissonance in screaming that we believe in justice while freaking out that Donald Trump and his family and other minions have never had to face justice. If they are immune to justice, then the justice system does not work. That's just a logic-based observation. And it's bizarre to see Trump claim the justice system doesn't work as it has "not worked" in his favor, and his opponents say that it does work and that they continue to believe in law and order while simultaneously ranting that he has evaded justice all his life. It's stupid, just absolutely limited from an intellectual or perhaps emotionally affected intellectual process, to suggest that observing this is somehow showing allegiance to the bad guy. It is in fact pointing to what is broken for the sake of illuminating how the bad guy has been able to be so bad and get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 319August 16, 2022 12:35 PM

[quote] He's walking a tightrope between doing his job and looking out for it's repercussions.

Looking out for repercussions is not in his job description.

by Anonymousreply 320August 16, 2022 5:16 PM

^ Sometimes the human side of us can get in the way of our "job description". I know, having compassion and empathy for our fellow human beings sucks, but it's a cross many bare and struggle with

by Anonymousreply 321August 16, 2022 5:37 PM

Republican, Obama-appointed FBI Director going after Hillary: Not Corrupt

Republican, Trump-appointed FBI Director going after Trump: Corrupt

^ The idiot mind of a deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 322August 16, 2022 5:40 PM

Garland should not gaf what the enemies of this country think of him. The people threatening violence and the ones who have created and enabled them should NOT be happy with what he is doing. If they are he is failing to do his job.

by Anonymousreply 323August 16, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote] having compassion and empathy for our fellow human beings

You mean compassion for Trump? Sure, r321 okay, don't execute him. Put him behind bars for life.

by Anonymousreply 324August 16, 2022 5:51 PM

Trump should get the same amount of compassion he has for others - none.

by Anonymousreply 325August 16, 2022 6:08 PM

It has nothing to do with compassion. It has to do with justice and accountability. Given the epic scale of this situation, however, tamper your expectations of a speedy finale. For the zillionth time...this isn't a TV show.

by Anonymousreply 326August 16, 2022 6:16 PM

After what has happened in the last six years what on earth would make you think I have any expectations at all?

by Anonymousreply 327August 16, 2022 6:18 PM

R307 has been on all these threads, complaining that Garland "waited too long" to go after Trump. He's even been pushing that false "the FBI knew for 18 months" timeline, though he changed it to 19 months, you know, to make it a little worse.

R307 is the guy at r114, so you can see the kind of person he is for yourself.

The trolls were mad that the "fire Garland for not doing anything" trolling didn't take off because Garland WAS doing something, so now they're trying the "fire Garland for not doing it fast enough" trolling. I'm so tired of it. I'm so tired of asshole concern trolls.

by Anonymousreply 328August 16, 2022 6:21 PM

R326, let's be honest: It's only taking time because Dems are in charge. If this were Obama and the Repubs were in charge, it wouldn't have even gotten past appointing his family to positions and getting them security clearance.

by Anonymousreply 329August 16, 2022 6:25 PM

R328- My anger isn't directed at Garland right now. My anger is at the people who allowed and enabled this danger to mankind to destroy and divide this country for six years. My anger is at them for ever allowing this garbage family of Russian assets in the WH at all. As far as Garland and the DOJ, they should not allow trump to get away with threatening the FBI and spreading lies in order to fire up his chicken fucking cult.

by Anonymousreply 330August 16, 2022 6:31 PM

@r324, "You mean compassion for Trump? "

Nope, that's not what I meant at all. Garland having compassion for the innocent that might be hurt by those who would over-react to Trump having his house raided

by Anonymousreply 331August 16, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]My anger is at the people who allowed and enabled this danger to mankind to destroy and divide this country for six years.

My anger is at your insufferable pie-hole that just won't shut the FUCK up.

by Anonymousreply 332August 16, 2022 6:32 PM

R332- Then take your tired old ass out of here, you insufferable little bitch. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 333August 16, 2022 6:36 PM

[quote]R326, let's be honest: It's only taking time because Dems are in charge. If this were Obama and the Repubs were in charge, it wouldn't have even gotten past appointing his family to positions and getting them security clearance.

I can't even, r329...

by Anonymousreply 334August 16, 2022 6:37 PM

r330, you're not the person I was talking about, unless you're saying you are r307 et al. and on a second account.

Also, I'm not r332, just for the record,

by Anonymousreply 335August 16, 2022 6:40 PM

R335- My apologies. That was directed at the troll.

by Anonymousreply 336August 16, 2022 6:42 PM

Girls! Girls!

by Anonymousreply 337August 16, 2022 6:44 PM

I hope Merrick Garland sees this….and, yes, MAGAts are domestic terrorists!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 19, 2022 8:10 AM

Also, WHY exactly did Merrick make the most conscious and deliberate choice to change his last name from Garfinkle to Garland? Just asking.

by Anonymousreply 339August 19, 2022 12:56 PM

Garland has handled Shitler with such deference, it should make your head spin! For example, the FBI was ordered not to wear their official FBI windbreaker jackets upon searching Mar Lardo. Garland ordered them to wear more civilian clothing as to not appear offensive to Shitler!

p.s. There’s still no indictment even though everyday that Shitler was able to keep the nuclear Top Secret documents at Mar Lardo COULD have resulted in the deaths of untold numbers of Americans should a nuclear attack been launched ahpgaint U.S. When It gets down to it, Garland was willing to risk American lives to be courteous to Shitler and not make him feel bad. Think about it!

by Anonymousreply 340August 19, 2022 1:17 PM

What if Shitler had closed a deal with Iran in those few weeks? He still had those SCI classified documents. Or closed a deal with North Korea? How many American lives will be lost once Iran has gained nuclear power? Garland has no information as to what Shitler sold in those weeks. He can only guess and pray that it was none. Do we really want a man that is willing to make that gamble? Would you trust Garland to safeguard your and your loved ones lives?

by Anonymousreply 341August 19, 2022 2:07 PM

[quote] should a nuclear attack been launched ahpgaint U.S.

The Russian troll farms need to teach you better English, R340.

by Anonymousreply 342August 19, 2022 2:28 PM

^^^Fucking Russian troll! Talk about the pot calling you know what^^^

Of course you wouldn’t recognize the phrase since you are a Commie Pootie Ball sucker!

by Anonymousreply 343August 19, 2022 2:45 PM

MSNBC is still asking WHY it took 8 months for Garland and the DOJ sooo long to get the classified documents from MAL. Glenn Kirschner is stating that the lack of the DOJs urgency would infer the docs weren’t that important.

by Anonymousreply 344August 23, 2022 3:09 PM

Then Glenn Kisrchner is being an apologist hack.

Anyone who has been around DC long enough to be considered a pundit knows that this is the speed with which DC works.

Had the investigation gone any faster and these exact same people would be questioning whether DOJ has been politicized to expedite charges.

by Anonymousreply 345August 23, 2022 3:23 PM

So MSNBC is now supporting Trump???

by Anonymousreply 346August 23, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote]Glenn Kirschner is stating that the lack of the DOJs urgency would infer the docs weren’t that important.

A May 10 letter — posted late Monday on the website of John Solomon, a conservative journalist and one of Trump’s authorized liaisons to the National Archives to review papers from his presidency – shows that the government was acting with urgency.

(For some reason, Trumpers think the letter is exculpatory for Trump -- it's anything but.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347August 23, 2022 3:29 PM

Glenn Kirshner is a recent addition to MSNBCs line-up. He was a regular commentator on Stephanie Miller’s Political Voices YouTube segments. Don’t ask me why MSNBC hired him, but he’s been known on Stephanie Millers channel as being a hard ass against Merrick Garland’s DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 348August 23, 2022 3:40 PM

[QUOTE] Don’t ask me why MSNBC hired him, but he’s been known on Stephanie Millers channel as being a hard ass against Merrick Garland’s DOJ.

My guess would be that he's popular with DO SOMETHING!!!! TWITTER™

by Anonymousreply 349August 23, 2022 3:46 PM

Well, I think you are 100% correct. However, the question remains about whether he is still the same “get ‘em” man or has he sold his soul to $$$ and becomes neutered? If you ask me, Kirshner has become a hella lot more restrained in his vitriol of the DOJs foot-dragging. Like any shitheel on the web, they can be easily bought off just like the personas they rail against on YouTube. Fucking sellouts!

Kirshner is still out for debate, but I don’t hear him espousing the same vigor against the DOJ like he used to on Stephanie Millers Political Voices webisodes.

by Anonymousreply 350August 27, 2022 4:23 PM

Now....

by Anonymousreply 351August 28, 2022 4:15 AM

The crisis has worsened, but criminal prosecutions can help solve it. AG Garland and DOJ may be cautious about DOJ traditions as the so-called “60-Day Rule”—which seeks to avoid any actions by DOJ too close to an election. They are also no doubt concerned about DOJ looking too political.

The time to act has not passed but it is getting late. Being concerned about looking political is being political. The Jan. 6 Committee has done its job. Now DOJ needs to do its job before it’s too late to solve this Constitutional crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352October 14, 2022 8:13 AM

And yet one WEEK before a presidential election the DOJ had no problem announcing an investigation into Hillary.

WTF!!! Trump is not even running for President in 2022. No one is. Why not just hold off for every city and state election too. That's the argument. DOJ PLEASE!!! DO YOUR JOB!!!

by Anonymousreply 353October 14, 2022 8:37 AM

If you think anything of import (more than anything we've seen with him) is happening to Trump before November 2022 ...

The Dems need whatever fear they can milk out of their constituencies to get people to the polls (in the unlikely event they think they can hold the House).

by Anonymousreply 354October 14, 2022 11:16 AM

The panel, concluded CREW's Bookbinder, "has masterfully laid out overwhelming evidence that Donald Trump engaged in a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election, but the committee cannot itself bring accountability. It's up to the Justice Department to act now."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 16, 2022 7:04 AM

Oh he’s not going to do anything.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 356October 16, 2022 3:03 PM

How you *do* go on, r356...

[quote]Mary Garland is simply a continuation of Bill Barr’s DOJ. We already know where his shit led us to. All that bluster about how Robert “Three Sticks” Mueller was going to bust some Trump balls. Yes, all those ‘sealed’ subpoenas that never materialized - they simply vanished and ‘went away’ - all those talking TV heads hanging on by a thread to Mueller’s every move and nuance. What did Three Sticks amount to in the end?

[quote]I’ll tell you: A big, fat N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!

[quote]It was all a joke to keep us ruefully engaged to our news media until time simply ran out. Game Over. Nothing happened. No one went to jail. No one paid for anything. All of our tax paying money spent on investigations that never were, all those endless committees and hearings. And poof! It all amounted to NOTHING!

[quote]Same will happen here under Mary Garland. They are even using the same playbook. REDUX!

by Anonymousreply 357October 16, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote] And yet one WEEK before a presidential election the DOJ had no problem announcing an investigation into Hillary.

Inaccurate. That erroneous and wrong-headed decision was made by and belongs solely to James Comey. He made that announcement against the direction of Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates. So, the head of DOJ did have a problem. Comey was a rogue actor who violated DOJ rules in making that announcement, which very likely turned the election to tRump. That, of course, is the very reason for the rules.

by Anonymousreply 358October 16, 2022 3:14 PM

^^^Garfinkle cock sucker apologist^^^

by Anonymousreply 359October 18, 2022 2:44 PM

DOJ is filing a suit against.... wait for it.... a French cement company in Syria for paying 'protection money' to ISIS. Really? Not our business.

by Anonymousreply 360October 18, 2022 3:51 PM

Jan. 6 committee anticipates that Shitler will not honor their subpoena. Rather, Shitler is dictating his terms to them to grift more $$$ from his cult followers. They are going to accept his threat. What else is new?

Mary Garfinkle Garland is officially a none-entity. FUCK HIS RUNTY ASSHOLE HARD, please will ya?

by Anonymousreply 361October 18, 2022 3:59 PM

DJT isn't going to spend one day being questioned as Sitting President Bill Clinton was, let alone spend one night in prison.

Get used to it. Nothing, but nothing is going to actually happen to Trump. Accusatory declarations in varying degrees of righteous indignation and umbrage taken will be the be-all and end-all.

This, though he deserves the Robert Hanssen 23-hours-Solitary Max treatment, if not the Ethel and Julius one.

by Anonymousreply 362October 19, 2022 3:21 PM

You can thank Garfinkle for that. Right now, I’m trying to delude myself (if fucking rascist, greedy repigs can do it, so can I), that it is a long-term game plan to sabotage the MAGAts to annihilate them forever in this upcoming midterms. It’s a few weeks away and highly doable I think. It either works…or not. High stakes gambit.

by Anonymousreply 363October 19, 2022 3:50 PM

No, but seriously…Exactly why did Merrick change his last name from Garfinkle to Garland???

Self-loathing Jewish man???

by Anonymousreply 364October 22, 2022 10:04 AM

Garland will not arrest Shitler for not honoring the Jan, 6 subpoena. He is WASP acolyte. His weak kneed non-response is the biggest reason for the DEMS losing one or both houses of Congress.

No one is above the law - Merrick Garfinkke Garland.

Sure…everyday Shitler walks a free man, he is IN FACT, above the law! Blasphemous, hypocrite, self-loathing shill=Mary Garland.

You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 365October 27, 2022 3:56 PM

It’s not a surprise that most gays/lesbians are sympathetic to Garland. After all, there is no “heaven” after death. We all know we must wait for the return of Christ in order to ascend.

by Anonymousreply 366October 27, 2022 4:00 PM

Which is it?

A) if he's not anything so far he is not going to do anything. Usual Democratic lameness like the Mueller investigation

B) Dark Brandon will unleash Missile Merrick right after the elections, by which time it will be an irrelevant squib at best

by Anonymousreply 367October 27, 2022 5:27 PM

A). Biden is old timey. He’s probably thinking he’ll die soon after the midterms and Kamala will unleash hell. Maybe he advised her to stay on the down low so as not to rile the GQP KKK. None of them have forgotten the hatred toward Obama, the 1st black Pres/uppity negro.

Merrick Mary is a joke and won’t as much as let the dogs out of front yard, let alone sic Shitler. He might even jerk himself off to his sheer, white supremacist, misogyny. Who knows what psychological impairments Garland possesses. He may have a photographic memory when it comes to the law, but this does not reflect in the mental psychology of the man.

by Anonymousreply 368October 28, 2022 11:59 AM

R367, And before Mueller there was the incompetent Patrick Fitzgerald of "Fitzmas" failure.

Mayor Daley, LBJ, Tip O'Neill---all spinnin', I tells ya.

by Anonymousreply 369October 28, 2022 12:31 PM

Since when did we Americans believe our politicians are truthful?

by Anonymousreply 370October 28, 2022 12:36 PM

Mr. Garfinkle - Obstruction. Open. Shut case.

by Anonymousreply 371October 29, 2022 9:13 AM

Okay! Okay! I take it all back - Mr. Garland is playing it smart by NOT foretelling that Homeland Security will be attendant at controversial voting sites until the last moment - because you know these pugnacious MAGAts would move their cowardly intimidation tactics to unexpectant voting sites instead.

Praise be to Mr. Garland.

by Anonymousreply 372November 8, 2022 11:27 AM

No, now I’m back to firing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373November 18, 2022 11:43 PM

Another in your face disgrace by the DOJ. one picture comes to my mind when I envision Garland’s day: He’s just sitting in a chair staring at the wall. Don’t give me the baloney that he’s just being thorough.

by Anonymousreply 374November 22, 2022 5:08 AM

Let the intelligent people do their jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375November 22, 2022 5:12 AM

Ari Melber on MSNBC believes this is going somewhere. He’s a pretty smart guy and has been right about a lot of things. I’ll listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 376November 22, 2022 5:22 AM

When this was first announced, Melber said it was unnecessary to appoint a special prosecutor. He even cited perfectly rational examples of why it was unnecessary and strongly implied Garland was punting.

Meanwhile Amy Klobuchar introduced legislation banning Trump from ever running for or holding public office again.

by Anonymousreply 377November 28, 2022 2:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!