Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NPR Slams Beto Over Profanity

“Voters like to see a sense of authenticity in candidates, especially in Texas. But cursing and vulgar language in front of children and the elderly more often than not crosses the line.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 19, 2022 2:33 AM

Npr can eat shit and die. I'm so sick of the media wailing and hand wringing Everytime a Democrat shows a bit of anger. Fuck the press. I hope dems learn to stay strong, get tough, and ignore these whiny elitist little media shits.

by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2022 2:28 AM

Bullshit! Beto knows his demography. This will not offend them. The guy(and his compatriots) tha Beto called a motherfucker would never have voted for Beto anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2022 2:29 AM

Well I personally fucking love it.

NPR can suck my dick! Go Beto!

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2022 2:29 AM

Grab him by the motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2022 2:29 AM

NPR should just do a fucking bong hit and chillax.

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2022 2:29 AM

But laughing at dead kids is fine.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2022 2:31 AM

Well I personally fucking hate bongs.

Weed can suck my dick! Go Beto!!

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2022 2:32 AM

"It's harmful to our politics because it becomes more difficult to conduct politics and find that middle ground on issues."

Is there really "middle ground" to find with a mother fucker who laughs in public about a school massacre?

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2022 2:33 AM

The second I woke up this morning and saw the story, I immediately wondered which "liberal" media outlet would be the first to bleat about Beto's blue language.

Thanks for never failing to disappoint, NPR (though my money was on the NYT [bonus points if said bleater were Dowd or Haberman])!

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2022 2:38 AM

At this point, I seriously doubt there is any kind of “middle ground “ left in politics. Republicans, in particular, want to control everything and they basically will not be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2022 2:40 AM

[quote]hit a bong if you want to have strange thoughts and feel cray

What the hell kind of weed are you smoking?

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2022 2:41 AM

Not sure. Lucky charms?

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2022 2:47 AM

These kids never hear words like this except at political rallies.

by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2022 3:21 AM

R7 = fraucunt

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2022 4:14 AM

"Trump stole nuclear secrets and a whistleblower had to tell the Feds where they were located, and Trump & the GOP got their nutjob base so riled up that one of them -- who was also involved in the January 6th coup attempt -- tried to shoot up an FBI office, but what you should really be concerned about is that Beto O'Rourke said the word 'fuck'!"

by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2022 4:16 AM

[quote] but what you should really be concerned about is that Beto O'Rourke said the word 'fuck'!"

Poor R15. Mentally incompetent to understand that sensible people can be concerned with BOTH.

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2022 4:19 AM

Fuck them. It sets a wonderful example for children for just how to deal with these people. The things they say (and think, and believe) are far more obscene than "motherfucker".

Go Beto!

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2022 4:34 AM

[quote]Fuck them. It sets a wonderful example for children

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2022 4:36 AM

[quote]Mentally incompetent to understand that sensible people can be concerned with BOTH.

Sure, except no. Sensible people are concerned that Trump stole nuclear information from the US government. People with large sticks up their ass are concerned that Beto said a "bad word."

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2022 4:40 AM

If you watched what happened after Beto told the motherfucker off, everybody in the audience stood up and cheered including the old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2022 4:41 AM

[quote] People with large sticks up their ass are concerned that Beto said a "bad word."

Juvenile erroneous assumption. Much like O'Rourke and his inability to articulate an adult response.

by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2022 4:47 AM

R21 = Church Lady

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2022 4:50 AM

R22 loves childish pejoratives. Just like O'Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2022 4:53 AM

Meh - it may not have been the best response when trying to court votes in what everyone knows is a conservative state, but it probably won’t help or hurt him in any event. Latest polling from FiveThirtyEight has Abbott up by 7.8 points.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2022 5:29 AM

R9 haha. I assumed that it would be the Washington post.

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2022 5:40 AM

[quote]R22 loves childish pejoratives. Just like O'Rourke.

Fuck off, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2022 6:20 AM

Nota bene about polling in Texas: who answers unknown numbers on landlines? Old people. Old people are Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2022 4:05 PM

But the guy was a motherfucker. I would've gone with scummy motherfucker!

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2022 4:11 PM

Hahahaha, I called it. R64 in this thread:

[quote]When the FBI/Trump story calms down, we'll start getting the empty thinkpieces about how this kind of vulgar uncivil behavior is hurting the Dems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2022 4:13 PM

The grown ups need to go: tsk tsk tsk. it's their role -while secretly smiling

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2022 4:14 PM

Beto is such a meme candidate puffed up constantly by the MSM.

Just like Kamala the Kuntress.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2022 4:24 PM

The piece on NPR's site has a link to the author's Twitter account. It's protected, though, so you can't see his tweets unless you're a follower. What a motherfucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2022 4:28 PM

Grab them by the pussy, smash heads while putting people in cop cars, incite/encourage violence, taunt mask wearers during the height of a global pandemic, make fun of people with disabilities, shit on wounded veterans...all okay and celebrated. Calling someone who finds murdered children funny a motherfucker? Now that is crossing a line.

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2022 4:37 PM

R32 coward! Rachel Vindman told him to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2022 4:51 PM

OP, this headline is just irresponsible. NPR didn't "slam" Beto -- it was quoting people who criticized him. NPR didn't express an opinion at all - which is their usual modus operandi.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2022 5:25 PM

Someone, please save the children!!! (From curse words but not guns)

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2022 6:07 PM

Sounds like this Atlantic piece crying about the DarkBRANDON memes. We take their hate symbols and rebrand. It is not hard to understand but here we are.

'On the theory that I might be missing something, I reached out to an avowed “Dark Brandon” fan and asked her to explain—and defend—the phenomenon. Allison Gill, a co-host of the political news podcasts Mueller, She Wrote and The Daily Beans, told me that the memes are simply funny. Joe Biden is the opposite of Trump, and he is the opposite of terrifying. To turn “one of the kindest men in Washington” into a laser-eyed menace, she said, is “antithetical and awesome.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2022 6:28 PM

An NPR condemnation will only help Beto, considering the anti-establishment image he is trying to create.

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2022 6:35 PM

Uh, the explosion of applause he received says otherwise NPR

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2022 6:54 PM

No!! Not that profanity!!!!

But keep guns legal and available to everyone!!

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2022 8:34 PM

The prudes are upset Beto said a no-no, but no one seemed to care when the mayor of Uvalde called him "a son of a bitch."

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2022 11:35 PM

Oh I'm sorry. Are we pretending in politics? Is this Jedediah Springfield territory?

People are disillusioned with pomp and want to feel leveled with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2022 2:52 AM

Sometimes NPR is just so motherfucking NPR. This too shall pass.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2022 3:25 AM

Fuck NPR

by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2022 3:29 AM

National Prisspot Radio. Ig-nooore.

by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2022 5:26 AM

NPR's Shmarmy, leading propagandistic style of sleaze posing as objective information is profanity. There style of "information" is delivered like shit squeezing slowly from a tube of toothpaste onto the toothbrush of your mind. I will listen to them but don't ask me to believe them. They lie by omission as seamlessly as Fox new lies by inference. They are seriously insufferable and are responsible for pushing many to trumps court jut by the cognitive dissonance they perpetuate. A wormy compost posing as news. perfect for Leave it to Beaver Charles Manson American middle class minions.

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2022 6:06 AM

Mayor to QAnon deplorables congregating in her city:

"People have been asking me to comment on the events of the past weekend. I hate giving airtime/spotlight to these imbeciles. Here is my comment: f**k off, you f**kwads."

Amen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 19, 2022 1:29 AM

What R1 said.

Thread end.

by Anonymousreply 48August 19, 2022 1:32 AM

The NPR is one of our nation's iconic news organizations.

One can be Passionate without Profanity.

by Anonymousreply 49August 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Beto is a middle-aged yuppie Gen-Xer desperately clinging to his bro'hood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 19, 2022 1:47 AM

R50 No meat on Beto's bones.

by Anonymousreply 51August 19, 2022 1:56 AM

We have tough skin here on DL and the language that Beto used was, for us, less than nothin'. Of course, the world is full of all kinds of people, and a lot of them can get turned off by salty invective. He got some attention, that's for sure, but could he have made a better choice of words? Probably, especially considering who his audience was at that event ("think of the children!" 🤮) It would have been safer but probably just as effective to loudly and angrily call the offending laugher a "god damn son of a bitch", and then he wouldn't have risked losing any votes from overly prissy Texans.

by Anonymousreply 52August 19, 2022 2:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!