Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Insane collision caught on video in Los Angeles

Windsor Hills near the airport (La Brea/Slauson)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 9, 2022 12:19 AM

Six dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2022 2:21 AM

wtf

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2022 2:24 AM

Jesus that’s scary, tragic for the people killed.

On a side note the building to the right of the frame with the sloped roof is a really cool gas station designed by Kanner architects - a really great piece of LA 90s (I think?) architecture.

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2022 2:26 AM

Driver incredibly survived. Says lots of teens hospitalized...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2022 2:30 AM

I'm sorry for everyone other than the speeder who is now thankfully dead and won't be hurting anyone else.

Burn in hell, motherfucker.

When the speeders die, I couldn't give less of a shit. It's the other people who die that angers me. I hope they sue that motherfucker's family.

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2022 2:31 AM

[quote]Driver incredibly survived.

Are you fucking kidding me???? There is no God. Sue that motherfucker for the rest of his life. Every fucking cent.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2022 2:32 AM

R5, read the article, the speeder didn't die. she is hospitalized

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2022 2:34 AM

Why even put her in a hospital? Don't treat that cunt. Let her suffer.

by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2022 2:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2022 2:36 AM

What kind of car did the killer have? Looks nice. I hope she has a lot of $$ and they bankrupt the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2022 2:40 AM

Mercedes

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2022 2:42 AM

FYI this is an intersection at the bottom of a very steep, uninterrupted stretch of La Brea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2022 2:43 AM

Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2022 2:46 AM

R10 that was a Mercedes C class coupe maybe a CLS, quite expensive, and yes I hope the victims families sue

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2022 2:47 AM

A baby and pregnant lady died, very sad.

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2022 2:48 AM

It looked very intentional. Suicide attempt or terrorist attack ?

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2022 2:50 AM

Most likely just an Asian woman driving

Sorry I calls it as I sees it

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2022 2:51 AM

Imagine being the pink car right before the one that got hit.

by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2022 2:52 AM

So sad. Agree w/R16.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2022 2:52 AM

Don't let Jesus take the wheel, people.

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]Most likely just an Asian woman driving

You mean like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2022 2:54 AM

It’s very likely that the last thing some of the deceased saw was a For Your Consideration billboard of Adam Scott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2022 2:55 AM

[quote]It looked very intentional. Suicide attempt or terrorist attack ?

For fuck sake, you're a fucking moron, along with R19.

Maybe get out of the house into the real world where you see tons of assholes in luxury cars who speed all of the fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2022 2:55 AM

The car was going over 100

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2022 2:56 AM

They took the Slauson cutoff, and she cut off their Slauson!

by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2022 2:57 AM

R23, did you see the camera footage? You fucking no it all asshole

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2022 2:59 AM

Looks like a drunk driver.

by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2022 3:00 AM

R26, come back here when it's confirmed that she was some asshole speeder and apologize, because I already know I won't need to for your idiotic "suicide/ terrorist attack" claim. If anything, she was on something.

by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2022 3:02 AM

Video shows fiery Windsor Hills crash that killed 4, including infant and pregnant woman - Los Angeles Times Noah Goldberg, Gregory Yee

A fiery multi-car crash left four dead, including a pregnant woman and an infant, in Los Angeles’ Windsor Hills neighborhood Thursday, according to authorities.

Officer Franco Pepi, a California Highway Patrol spokesperson, said three adults, including a pregnant woman, and an infant were killed in the crash.

The woman lost her unborn child, which the CHP was counting as a fifth fatality “due to rare circumstances,” Pepi said. A CHP officer walks past burned wreckage of vehicles near a gas station after a crash

Authorities transported eight people to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center for treatment, he said. Of those injured, six were teens and one suffered major injuries.

Surveillance video of the crash shows a Mercedes-Benz barreling down La Brea at high speed as dozens of cars cross the intersection on Slauson. The Mercedes slams into cars in the intersection, bursts into flames and hurtles into a light pole, where it comes to rest.

After the crash, a streak of fire burns on the ground.

Smoke could be seen billowing from miles away.

A woman who did not want to be named told The Times a Mercedes-Benz hit her car as she was leaving a United Oil gas station.

“I was getting out, had got gas,” she said. “All of a sudden that Mercedes is coming at me on ... fire. I didn’t have any time to think about it. It hit my car. I veered, hit the bench on the side.”

The crash caused her to fear a gasoline-fueled explosion, she told The Times.

Nearby, the wrecked Mercedes-Benz with a smashed hood had crashed into a curb.

Investigators believe the driver of the Mercedes-Benz was responsible for the crash, Pepi said. A body covered by a sheet lies in the street next to debris and the burned wreckage of a vehicle

A pregnant woman was among those killed in Thursday afternoon’s crash in Windsor Hills.

The cause of the crash was not immediately known, but the CHP spokesperson said investigators determined the Mercedes was traveling “at a high rate of speed” and ran a red light while traveling southbound on La Brea.

The driver has been identified only as a female adult, Pepi said. It’s believed she is among those hospitalized.

At least six vehicles were involved in the crash, three of which were engulfed in flames, he said. The others sustained moderate damage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2022 3:05 AM

She has to either be impaired or suicidal

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2022 3:08 AM

You want to know how you know she was either drunk or on drugs? The fact she survived THAT.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2022 3:13 AM

It is a very steep descent along LaBrea at that intersection. It’s almost like coming off a small freeway right into city traffic. I wonder what happened. Maybe brakes failed? Happened to me once when I was going 75 and I was just lucky I was on an almost empty stretch of freeway and the car eventually came to a halt. I’m giving the benefit of the doubt here to be clear, I’d hate to think this was intentional.

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2022 3:16 AM

R31, excellent point . Alcohol and downers relax the body and there is no tensing up .

by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2022 3:17 AM

R23 she ran through a red light going at a high speed and there were many cars in the intersection

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2022 3:21 AM

And she may have drank or takin pills to get up the nerve to off herself

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2022 3:24 AM

R35 Why not just stay home and take the pills and booze why involve other people? Answer: she's insane!

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2022 3:30 AM

If her goal was to kill herself, she failed at that too

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2022 3:32 AM

There are lots of accidents in that area during the AM morning commute.

Recently, a vehicle smashed into a doughnut shop and took the whole place out, just a few miles or less, from where this tragedy happened.

Just an FYI, the area there is infested with gang bangers. I am not going to get into the details of an incident I had there once, but I will say that I had an Uzi brandished in my presence by a gang banger in this general area, while I was working. And no, I’m not a gang banger, a drug dealer, nor a prostitute.

It’s a horrible area, and I believe it’s because a lot of people driving and even walking around there, are high AF and/or drunk 24/7.

It’s a shame that the area is so fucked up, because there are some really cool people that live ‘round those parts, lots of people trying to successfully run their own small business start ups, and law abiding citizens who get caught up in the crossfire of living in a volatile neighborhood, that also has some really beautiful properties and real estate.

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2022 3:34 AM

R36, and they hurt innocent people

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2022 3:37 AM

R32 there are many things you can do to mitigate brake failure - get off the gas for a start, use the handbrake, if the car is a manual put it in a lower gear which gives you some engine braking, even in some autos sticking it in low will have some effect. At a pinch rub the car up against the guardrails, this will fuck up the side of the car but will also reduce speed. If the engine is stuck in some sort of uncontrolled runaway acceleration turn the engine off

She did none of those things

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2022 3:37 AM

LA and especially Hollywood through Glendale is full of crazy rich Armenian drivers who completely ignore stop signs, hurtle down the streets and flip anyone who stands in their way or slow them down. It's not the Asian women anymore, it's the rich Armenians in their Maseratis, young and old.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2022 3:40 AM

It had to be intentional. Wtf else doesn't attempt to slow down when seeing cross traffic?

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2022 3:42 AM

[quote]It had to be intentional. Wtf else doesn't attempt to slow down when seeing cross traffic?

Someone who was already speeding and loses control of their car. You understand the same thing just happened in Staten Island. A couple of teens are dead with the teen driver surviving. He was speeding, lost control and hit another car that was making a left turn.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2022 3:49 AM

This car ☝🏼 Was driving straight as a pin

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2022 3:51 AM

That's a truly terrifying video. I always look both sides carefully at intersections but this just reminds me it doesn't really matter, when your time's up it's up. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2022 3:53 AM

Has anybody checked on Caitlyn?

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2022 3:53 AM

Could be a social media thing. Driver filming herself driving as fast as possible. There have been cases before with Snapchat in particular.

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2022 4:09 AM

I understand dismissing terrorism but not the possibility that this is a suicide attempt. The speed and velocity are highly suspect.

by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2022 4:17 AM

This is the 2nd time in less than a week that a woman took out several people in a car accident (in Illinois one took out an entire family of six).

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2022 4:20 AM

Suspect is 40 years old

by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2022 4:21 AM

Somebody could have intentionally sabotaged her car, which left her unable to control it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2022 4:38 AM

Looks like she accelerated right through the intersection. Maybe she lost control of her car due to some health issues? Or she's just mentally out of it .

by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2022 4:42 AM

Yeah, mental health issues R52

by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2022 4:49 AM

I’ve known people who crashed cars/died due to low blood sugar. The driving was highly erratic in those cases. This wasn’t erratic at all.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2022 5:22 AM

It’s incredible how often the drivers that cause these accidents survive while completely innocent people die.

by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2022 5:37 AM

She was drunk and had a fight with her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2022 5:38 AM

Bad cat, Toonces!

by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2022 5:42 AM

One of the most terrifying things I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2022 5:45 AM

She better be handcuffed to her hospital bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2022 5:47 AM

Weird. She was speeding into an intersection where you could easily see that cars in the way. It’s like that motorcycle guy who sped into oncoming traffic. Maybe she was on meth and had no shits left to give.

by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2022 5:54 AM

[quote] A witness says it started when the driver of a Mercedes— traveling 100 MPH, caused a collision involving at least 5 vehicles

I’m shocked there’s any street in LA where you can get a car up to 100 MPH. I’ve lived here 20+ years and don’t think I’ve ever gotten above 65

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2022 6:17 AM

Chrissy Metz heard they were giving out free government cheese.

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2022 6:21 AM

A woman claiming to be the speeding driver’s friend said the woman had been in a fight with her boyfriend, and that she had been drinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2022 6:25 AM

Can't be that. It was obviously terrorism. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2022 6:36 AM

R40 Monday morning quaterback

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2022 6:38 AM

I feel equally sorry about all the victims, I never understand the "and one of them was a pregnant woman" thing. And the others weren't pregnant women. Okay, so?

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2022 6:43 AM

R66, I think they're saying it's OK if she had killed a barren woman, because they're useless to society.

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2022 6:44 AM

That cunt better get life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2022 6:48 AM

6h Replying to @DowntownLAScan I was in the silver car behind the white truck waiting to turn left from NB La Brea. It happened so fast we didn’t even realize there was a collision. It just looked like a car spontaneously exploded in our faces. Terrifying and heartbreaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2022 6:52 AM

People on Twitter who witnessed the accident said she was arguing with her boyfriend. She was holding her phone and had her arm out of the window.

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2022 7:46 AM

I hope those poor people were already dead or unconscious before the fire consumed them. What a horrifying death. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2022 7:49 AM

I watched a Vimeo clip of the accident, which allowed me to view what happened frame-by-frame.

Like others, I thought it was strange how everyone seemed to go about their business like nothing happened. However, in slow motion you can see people stopping, fleeing the wreckage, and pulling over. Also, the car is an absolute blur as it approaches the intersection.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2022 8:46 AM

R72- She was flying. Even with the video slowed down that car is a blur. I can't believe she is alive.

by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2022 8:50 AM

R38 is a gang banger, a drug dealer, and a prostitute.

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2022 9:27 AM

She’s black . She’s getting life sentence

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2022 9:29 AM

the friend says she was drinking and unaware of a red light.

with friends like these

by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2022 10:02 AM

drinking

speeding

driving with your mobile phone in your hand

running a red light

killing 6 people including a pregnant woman?

You are done, honey.

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2022 10:13 AM

R77, she will be the most hated woman in California

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2022 10:16 AM

I’d be happy to relinquish the crown.

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2022 10:30 AM

Oh please. Caitlyn is the most hated woman in California. She’s a nazi traitor that even other nazi traitors can’t stand.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2022 10:34 AM

I’d say it was a drunk, spur of the moment decision by a bipolar to commit suicide while she had her boyfriend on the phone to “punish him.”

by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2022 11:13 AM

An eye for an eye. Her punishment should be death by fire.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2022 11:21 AM

I wonder if she is a borderline? It’s actually delicious that she didn’t perish . Her living hell awaits . I look forward to her court arraignment

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2022 2:36 PM

She'll be out in 2 years. Back to drinking, back to bad men, back to fast cars and unfortunate intersections.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2022 2:37 PM

R84, no way even if she is wealthy. She’s getting at least 50 years.. bet

by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2022 2:39 PM

[quote]She’s black . She’s getting life sentence

G O O D.

Am I supposed to give a shit she's black? I hope she rots in prison for the rest of her fucking life. And if any black asshole even dares to pull the "racism" crap, I hope their loved ones end up in the next car crash.

by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2022 2:43 PM

Transphobia is still rampant and putting trans lives at risk. I pregnant PERSON was killed.

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2022 2:52 PM

From the article: "Investigators believe the driver of the Mercedes-Benz was responsible for the crash, Pepi said." No kidding? Smart investigators.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2022 3:01 PM

God forbid I should ever do anything like this but I'd hope my friends would be wise enough not to immediately go online or the news to tell everyone what a dumbass I am.

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]if any black asshole even dares to pull the "racism" crap, I hope their loved ones end up in the next car crash

Dataloungers love to cloak their bigotry in self-righteousness, I've noticed.

We don't even know that the driver is black, but you're already screaming that if any black person says anything you don't like about it, you'll wish death on them and their families. Pull yourself together, crazy man.

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2022 3:11 PM

R90? I would wish the same on any white asshole who attempted to blame all black people if one black person commits a crime, so go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2022 3:13 PM

Was Kaitlyn Jenner seen running from the scene in her size 14 Naturalizers?

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2022 3:14 PM

It doesn't matter what race the perpetrator is. This person needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2022 3:20 PM

We don't even know what ethnicity all those people she killed are.

R90

by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2022 3:22 PM

We don't know she's black, r91, so why are you screaming at all black people? You don't even know why you're doing it, do you?

by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2022 3:22 PM

Reminds me of Aunt Diane, the wrong-direction drunk minivan killer

by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2022 3:41 PM

R96, now that’s a legendary story. Aunt Diane who necked two bottles of vodka then got on the road.

by Anonymousreply 97August 5, 2022 3:43 PM

R6 deserves everything that life dishes out to her.

What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 98August 5, 2022 3:46 PM

R98 it was a one litre absolute bottle of voddy, it dropped out of the van when they pulled the bitch out. Plus she was as high as a kite and didn't give a fuck who she killed.

by Anonymousreply 99August 5, 2022 3:46 PM

This is terrifying. I can't believe the driver survived. I hope hell on earth awaits her.

by Anonymousreply 100August 5, 2022 3:56 PM

So shocking. I was watching all the other cars seemingly going about their business and living their day and then gone.

by Anonymousreply 101August 5, 2022 4:09 PM

They haven’t posted a picture of her?

by Anonymousreply 102August 5, 2022 4:10 PM

As far as I can tell, and I looked for quite a while, all we know is female in her 40s. No name, no description, no photo, at least not yet.

by Anonymousreply 103August 5, 2022 4:12 PM

R88, they are couching it in those terms because she may have legitimately had a problem with the car.

BTW, for the poster who listed what can be done when the brakes fail - that information is very helpful. I freely admit I was not aware of most of those things, however, and if I found myself in an out-of-control car I don't know how quickly they'd occur to me.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2022 4:17 PM

It'd be crazy ironic if Tracy Chapman was the driver. LOL. His song was so apropos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2022 4:43 PM

This woman must be outed

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2022 4:46 PM

The pregnant woman with the one-year-old baby was only 23 according to the Mail.

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2022 4:48 PM

The driver needs her tits cut off and shoved up her arse

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2022 4:50 PM

That crazy, drunk monster surviving is quite an ad for Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2022 5:07 PM

This 100% looks like a stuck accelerator pedal, rather than the typical Angeleno luxury car driver who tailgates, weaves through traffic and cuts people off. It could be a mechanical malfunction or the driver may have wedged the floor mat over the accelerator/under the brake, and/or slammed on the wrong pedal (perhaps while drunk). The mat thing actually happened to someone I know (they untangled it - no accident, thankfully.)

by Anonymousreply 110August 5, 2022 5:15 PM

She floored it because she wanted to die and didn’t care what happened.

by Anonymousreply 111August 5, 2022 5:35 PM

[Quote] It doesn't matter what race the perpetrator is.

It does, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 112August 5, 2022 5:39 PM

Wreck aside that intersection looks questionable.

by Anonymousreply 113August 5, 2022 5:39 PM

Her friend destroyed the driver's alibi.

She was a. drinking and b. didn't see the red traffic light.

by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2022 5:39 PM

Well, she’s alive, so she’ll get her ass sued to the moon, regardless. Asherey Ryan has been ID’d as the pregnant victim.

by Anonymousreply 115August 5, 2022 5:41 PM

Hopefully it was quick for the victims. R110 may be on to something. I once was driving my car wearing flip flops and somehow my flop slipped off and wedged in such a way the gas pedal was jammed down and I played hell getting it loose. For a minute or two I was hanging on to the steering wheel for life as the car flew . Thank god it was late and very little traffic. I never drove wearing flip flops again,I'll tell you that !

by Anonymousreply 116August 5, 2022 5:41 PM

Typical selfish SoCal narcissists driver. Everything is about them. Hope she dies a terrible death.

by Anonymousreply 117August 5, 2022 5:42 PM

Why am I not surprised flip-flops could potentially cause death?

by Anonymousreply 118August 5, 2022 5:43 PM

The microchip that controls the automatic transmission in modern cars can be remotely accessed. That's likely what happened to Porsche girl, if anyone remembers her.

by Anonymousreply 119August 5, 2022 5:43 PM

I've never understood people so drunk they drove at outrageous speeds. If I drink I drive slower than normal. I can't imagine going that fast even sober.

by Anonymousreply 120August 5, 2022 5:44 PM

Even if she didn’t see the traffic light, did she not see all the cars blocking the road? She has no defense.

by Anonymousreply 121August 5, 2022 5:46 PM

R115, she probably doesn't have a dime, so they'll get nothing. A couple were racing a pair of Lexus on a highway my sister was driving on. One hit her car and pushed it into the lane of the other racing car. She was thrown from her car. She almost died from massive injuries. I'll spare you all the details.

The pair didn't own the cars, no insurance, Poor ghetto rats. They got some fines, my sister got nothing.

by Anonymousreply 122August 5, 2022 5:51 PM

R119 Are you talking about Nikki Catsouras, the reckless teen high on coke? As I recall, she took her dad’s car witjout permission and was 100% responsible for what happened.

by Anonymousreply 123August 5, 2022 5:52 PM

R122, I don't understand how they don't end up in prison at the very least. Why are the laws so lax on this?

by Anonymousreply 124August 5, 2022 5:52 PM

Maybe she really needed the toilet

by Anonymousreply 125August 5, 2022 5:55 PM

Scary. That intersection used to be part of my morning commute.

by Anonymousreply 126August 5, 2022 6:00 PM

R123 Cops took photos of her corpse which was unrecognizable. These photographs are evidence. The photos were sent to the parents to troll and harass.

Kobe Bryant's widow sued preemptively to prevent pics of her husband and daughters corpse from being made public.

A cop was in a bar off duty with the pics on his phone showing off the pics to score some ass.

by Anonymousreply 127August 5, 2022 6:00 PM

On the car's Bluetooth:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 5, 2022 6:02 PM

According to the Daily Mail the woman driver was drunk and had just had a fight with her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 129August 5, 2022 6:02 PM

Apparently the infant that was killed was ejected from the car on impact.

by Anonymousreply 130August 5, 2022 6:02 PM

I witnessed a situation where a dead body was discovered and cop after cop took pictures for fun. It was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 131August 5, 2022 6:03 PM

R131 I know someone who used to be a cop and he told me they do stuff like that all the time, even taking group photos with a corpse "for fun."

by Anonymousreply 132August 5, 2022 6:06 PM

That dirty smelly pus filled cunt deserves to be grizzly killed.

by Anonymousreply 133August 5, 2022 6:13 PM

The driver's friend admitted that much, r129. Guilty.

by Anonymousreply 134August 5, 2022 6:13 PM

Purple drank.

by Anonymousreply 135August 5, 2022 6:23 PM

I highly doubt that a drunk driver, just having argued with her boyfriend (and perhaps still arguing with him on her cell phone during the crash) also just happened to have a catastrophic vehicle malfunction.

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2022 6:35 PM

R123 She intentionally drove into an unmanned tollbooth, probably realizing she had lost control of the vehicle and couldn't stop accelerating.

Photos of the scene were illegally leaked and her family has been targeted with organized harassment campaigns for more than 15 years now. Shoving pictures of their daughter's mutilated body in their faces at every opportunity. If you search any of their names Google will bring up images of her corpse at the top of the page.

by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2022 6:41 PM

Well this is horrifying:

"I saw things flying through the air in the explosion. Then all of a sudden, a baby flew in the air, all the way from the middle of the road to my pump, and landed on the floor," Veronica Esquivel, a witness who was pumping gas at the time of the horrific crash, said.

by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2022 6:44 PM

Horrible. Poor little baby and the victims.

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2022 6:46 PM

Damn, I used to get gas at that intersection all the time. The woman who saw that baby bounce will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 140August 5, 2022 6:49 PM

Omg at r138

by Anonymousreply 141August 5, 2022 6:49 PM

[quote]I highly doubt that a drunk driver, just having argued with her boyfriend (and perhaps still arguing with him on her cell phone during the crash) also just happened to have a catastrophic vehicle malfunction.

Thanks, R136. I’m the poster who assumed “stuck accelerator.” The Daily Mail, horrid as they can be, are good at reporting details that American media outlets tend to withhold or obfuscate.

by Anonymousreply 142August 5, 2022 6:53 PM

They are going to release the driver name later today.

by Anonymousreply 143August 5, 2022 6:53 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 5, 2022 6:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 5, 2022 6:57 PM

RIP. She had a lovely cleavage. The driver is a cunt of the highest order

by Anonymousreply 146August 5, 2022 7:10 PM

Yep. Her chocolate titties would surely drive any lezzie mad.

by Anonymousreply 147August 5, 2022 7:24 PM

Arrested and injuries were not that serious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 5, 2022 7:29 PM

Was she a hooker? Looks like a hooker. Getting pregnant that often must hurt business though. Or maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 149August 5, 2022 7:29 PM

[quote]Her friend destroyed the driver's alibi.

Am I the only one who didn't think that friend seemed legitimate? How would they even know she didn't see the red light?

by Anonymousreply 150August 5, 2022 7:31 PM

R145 The Daily Mail’s claim (that the driver’s friend told reporters that the driver was both angry and drunk) links to a KTLA report that mentions nothing of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 151August 5, 2022 7:32 PM

It could have been you, R149. Then we would all be gathered here "roasting" whatever photo could be found of you that you never intended to be used in such circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 152August 5, 2022 7:35 PM

[quote]This 100% looks like a stuck accelerator pedal,

There is zero chance that a late model Mercedes would have some kind of catastrophic malfunction, but if the accelerator pedal were "stuck" the car's brakes are more than powerful enough to slow and even stop the vehicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 5, 2022 7:35 PM

[quote] The woman who saw that baby bounce will be traumatized for the rest of her life.

Not necessarily - people have very different thresholds or parameters for what stays or doesn’t stay with them.

by Anonymousreply 154August 5, 2022 7:39 PM

Weirdos are here. I don't have any tolerance for this.

by Anonymousreply 155August 5, 2022 7:40 PM

The coroner has the first identified woman and her child listed. The LA County coroner is pretty fast at identifying and putting up the names of people on their site. I imagine the other 4 have to be identified through dental records.

In an instant this woman destroyed so many lives.

by Anonymousreply 156August 5, 2022 7:41 PM

Self driving cars can't get here soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 157August 5, 2022 7:44 PM

R151, I don't know if KTLA ever had the video of the friend on their Twitter, but I can't find it now. They do still mention the friend at the end of this article, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 5, 2022 7:45 PM

Mercedes should use this in their ads. Imagine walking away from this with nary a scratch!

by Anonymousreply 159August 5, 2022 7:48 PM

Everyone give a big warm welcome to R155!

by Anonymousreply 160August 5, 2022 7:50 PM

I saw a report earlier that the cops failed to get a drug/alcohol test on the driver/killer before she was given pain meds at the hospital; is this true?

by Anonymousreply 161August 5, 2022 7:50 PM

R159, it's more likely the alcohol/drugs in her system that saved her. How many times have you seen a drunk driver --regardless of car-- be the only survivor in an accident?

by Anonymousreply 162August 5, 2022 7:53 PM

It looked the driver was trying to pull a Marty McFly and go back in time.

by Anonymousreply 163August 5, 2022 7:54 PM

That's my super secret short cut to LAX.

by Anonymousreply 164August 5, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]I saw a report earlier that the cops failed to get a drug/alcohol test on the driver/killer before she was given pain meds at the hospital; is this true?

I don't know, but pain medication won't show up as alcohol. They can test someone's hair pretty accurately for drugs and alcohol

by Anonymousreply 165August 5, 2022 7:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 5, 2022 7:56 PM

Well her name is out there and if it's the right LinkedIn profile, the murderous nurse is poc too.

by Anonymousreply 167August 5, 2022 7:57 PM

R162 not often enough!

by Anonymousreply 168August 5, 2022 7:58 PM

The race baiters at DL are so damn tired.

Both sides (which is probably the same troll).

by Anonymousreply 169August 5, 2022 7:58 PM

R167 What's her name?

by Anonymousreply 170August 5, 2022 7:59 PM

Drunk, just as I said very early on in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 171August 5, 2022 8:00 PM

A registered nurse has been arrested and will be booked on vehicular manslaughter charges in the fiery Windsor Hills crash that killed five people, including a pregnant woman, law enforcement sources confirmed to The Times on Friday.

Nicole Linton, a nurse who is registered to practice in California and Texas, was identified as the driver of the Mercedes-Benz that hurtled down La Brea Ave toward Slauson Avenue between 80 and 100 miles per hour at the time of the crash Thursday afternoon, sources said. She is currently in the hospital and is cooperating with California Highway Patrol investigators.

Authorities are checking Linton’s bloodwork to determine if she was under the influence, according to two law enforcement sources.

The names of the four others who died have not been released.

Eight people were also injured in the crash. The L.A. County Fire Department responded to the crash just after 1:40 p.m.

She is to be formally charged by the Los Angeles County district attorney on Monday. A family member of Linton’s declined to speak to a Times reporter on Friday.

Her arrest comes on the same day that the county coroner identified the pregnant woman who died in the high-speed crash as Asherey Ryan, 23. It was not immediately known which car she was in or how she was involved in the crash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 5, 2022 8:01 PM

How horrific:

"One witness tried to save a baby, who landed at her feet in the gas station"

by Anonymousreply 173August 5, 2022 8:02 PM

R167, you better be sure you know for sure. Too many people have been slandered by assholes who jumped the gun.

by Anonymousreply 174August 5, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote]That's my super secret short cut to LAX.

Having to drive in L.A. must really put things in perspective. I’d sleep like a baby on the plane trip..

by Anonymousreply 175August 5, 2022 8:03 PM

The police said the woman arrested was in her 40s, and the woman whose name is being plastered all over Twitter is only 37, so I'd be careful about claiming it's definitely her.

by Anonymousreply 176August 5, 2022 8:05 PM

So Nurse Nicole had access to all the drugs?

by Anonymousreply 177August 5, 2022 8:07 PM

I guess NBC added her name to their article with live updates about 15 minutes ago, so it appears to be true. Now I'm really curious as to what happened. And I still don't believe some friend of hers who wasn't even there knows she "didn't see the red light."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 5, 2022 8:08 PM

"Nicole L. Linton, identified by multiple law enforcement sources as a nurse from Texas, will be booked after she's released from a hospital where she's being treated for injuries she sustained in the wreck.

The arrest was also confirmed by members of Linton's family."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 5, 2022 8:09 PM

R174 and that's why I didn't post the name. As much as I abhor what this person did and even though her name has been shared by multiple news outlets, I avoid the social media sleuthing game. Sometimes I find some info slightly early but I just keep it to myself. Does it matter other than for my own morbid curiosity? It will all be known within a few minutes or hours anyway.

by Anonymousreply 180August 5, 2022 8:10 PM

Any pictures of burn rubber Nicole?

by Anonymousreply 181August 5, 2022 8:11 PM

R154, autistic

by Anonymousreply 182August 5, 2022 8:16 PM

[quote]Mercedes should use this in their ads. Imagine walking away from this with nary a scratch!

Well, Hyundai didn't use Tiger Woods in their ads.

by Anonymousreply 183August 5, 2022 8:16 PM

[quote] That's my super secret short cut to LAX.

It’s everyone’s super secret shortcut to LAX 😂

by Anonymousreply 184August 5, 2022 8:17 PM

[quote]Nicole L. Linton

Any relation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 5, 2022 8:17 PM

The horror. How fucking awful and pointless.

by Anonymousreply 186August 5, 2022 8:18 PM

Nicole’s favorite film is The Fast & The Furious

by Anonymousreply 187August 5, 2022 8:20 PM

How does a nurse afford a Mercedes? Genuinely curious.

by Anonymousreply 188August 5, 2022 8:24 PM

Here she is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 5, 2022 8:24 PM

Even if she was drunk and mad at her BF why the hell would she be driving so fast on a surface street? Most people tend to drive more slowly / weave if they're drunk. Was it another substance? Did her foot get stuck? Did she pass out with her foot on the accelerator?

How awful. She was a nurse and now her life is over and so are the lives of 6 others and their families lives are destroyed, too.

by Anonymousreply 190August 5, 2022 8:25 PM

Icu nurse 👩‍⚕️ ugh

by Anonymousreply 191August 5, 2022 8:26 PM

R190 Unfortunately, her life isn't over.

by Anonymousreply 192August 5, 2022 8:26 PM

Her friend said she had been drinking after a fight with her boyfriend and the investigators said she was going 100 MPH. Sounds like she wanted to die herself but instead will now have to live with injuries and (hopefully) guilt.

by Anonymousreply 193August 5, 2022 8:28 PM

Great ad for Mercedes.

“Six people died in this fiery wreck, but not the one driving the Mercedes.”

by Anonymousreply 194August 5, 2022 8:31 PM

They should tie the cunt to her hospital bed and force her to look at photos of the mutilated bodies

by Anonymousreply 195August 5, 2022 8:33 PM

If she's a nurse, I doubt mutilated bodies will upset her. She's used to seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 196August 5, 2022 8:36 PM

She doesn't look black. Filipina or Tongan maybe.

by Anonymousreply 197August 5, 2022 8:41 PM

This may (or may not) be a picture of this bitch at the scene of the accident

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 5, 2022 8:44 PM

Nicole getting her license

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 5, 2022 8:45 PM

How could this woman not see such a massive and extremely busy intersection ahead, even at 100 MPH? The road she was on had a steep, but very wide and long decline, so it would have afforded her an even better view than a typical flat approach.

Unless there was a catastrophic mechanical failure (which is extremely unlikely), this was an act of such egregious recklessness that a murder charge would seem more appropriate. The woman turned that car into a fucking cruise missile.

by Anonymousreply 200August 5, 2022 8:48 PM

Geez, that crash. She just plowed through the intersection seemingly without even trying to slow down.

by Anonymousreply 201August 5, 2022 8:49 PM

If she wasn't suicidal, I wonder if she passed out at the wheel? The car doesn't appear to brake at all before the impact - I don't see how a non-suicidal, conscious person doesn't make any attempt to stop.

by Anonymousreply 202August 5, 2022 8:51 PM

I feel sorry for every other woman named Nicole Linton.

by Anonymousreply 203August 5, 2022 8:51 PM

This would never have happened if the Democrats had finished building the wall.

by Anonymousreply 204August 5, 2022 8:55 PM

Could she lose her nursing license over this if they determine her behavior to be unpredictable and dangerous?

by Anonymousreply 205August 5, 2022 8:58 PM

R205 you aren't serious

by Anonymousreply 206August 5, 2022 8:59 PM

She’ll have no use for her license in prison.

by Anonymousreply 207August 5, 2022 8:59 PM

Well, R205, given that she will likely be in prison for at least a decade...it may not be as pressing an issue that she has an active RN license anymore.

And yes, committing felony second degree murder or manslaughter is grounds to lose a nursing license.

by Anonymousreply 208August 5, 2022 9:00 PM

I don’t think she will spend any time in prison.

by Anonymousreply 209August 5, 2022 9:01 PM

[quote] How does a nurse afford a Mercedes? Genuinely curious.

Prayer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 5, 2022 9:06 PM

It was a lease honey

by Anonymousreply 211August 5, 2022 9:11 PM

Travel nurse…

by Anonymousreply 212August 5, 2022 9:12 PM

We DO have a nursing shortage, so she’ll probably have her license suspended by the Board of Registered nursing and be put into a rehab program for a year, at which point her license will be re-instated, as long as she attends weekly AA meetings. She’ll upstage all the other recovering addicts with tales of her fiery crash and impressive body count.

by Anonymousreply 213August 5, 2022 9:18 PM

She’ll say she blacked out and doesn’t remember anything

by Anonymousreply 214August 5, 2022 9:18 PM

This may be the driver who caused the crash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 5, 2022 9:32 PM

It’s all a hoax, staged by crisis actors.

by Anonymousreply 216August 5, 2022 9:33 PM

She looks boss-eyed

by Anonymousreply 217August 5, 2022 9:36 PM

Judging from her picture and Twitter profile, she honestly doesn't seem the type, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 218August 5, 2022 9:46 PM

She was making bank as a travel nurse, so the luxury car is not out of the ordinary.

Personally, I’ve found a lot of travel nurses to be problematic. Nurses with addictions or horrible interpersonal skills can find refuge in the transient nature of contract gigs. A lot more normal types are traveling since Covid to chase a dollar and/or be of service to areas of need, to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 219August 5, 2022 10:02 PM

'The woman lost her unborn child, which the CHP was counting as a fifth fatality “due to rare circumstances,”'

This sounds nasty. Did she deliver prematurely because of the crash and have a stillbirth or a preemie that burned to death? Something similar happened with the plane crash that killed Prince Philip's sister many years ago, eleven people boarded but twelve bodies were found at the crash site

by Anonymousreply 220August 5, 2022 10:13 PM

That must've been some good dick.

by Anonymousreply 221August 5, 2022 10:17 PM

R220 All the references to the woman losing her unborn child (and there are several versions of this) are creepy, since she was killed in the crash as well.

by Anonymousreply 222August 5, 2022 10:18 PM

Agree, R218. I would've thought she'd look like that friend.

by Anonymousreply 223August 5, 2022 10:22 PM

R197, she’s black you dumb bitch

by Anonymousreply 224August 5, 2022 10:25 PM

I figured she'd be Real Housewife adjacent, R223.

by Anonymousreply 225August 5, 2022 10:25 PM

R209, you queen bitch troll ! She will do decades in prison .

by Anonymousreply 226August 5, 2022 10:26 PM

Yeah, registered nurses make a lot of money. Not as much money as most DLers, but still. Anyway, if she was a traveling nurse (from Texas), maybe it made sense to have a Mercedes. Although a Toyota probably would have been sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 227August 5, 2022 10:34 PM

[quote] Mercedes driver arrested in fiery Windsor Hills crash that killed five

A registered nurse has been arrested and will be booked on vehicular manslaughter charges in the fiery Windsor Hills crash that killed five people, including a pregnant woman, law enforcement sources confirmed to The Times on Friday.

Nicole Linton, a nurse who is registered to practice in California and Texas, was identified as the driver of the Mercedes-Benz that hurtled down La Brea Ave toward Slauson Avenue between 80 and 100 miles per hour at the time of the crash Thursday afternoon, sources said. She is currently in the hospital and is cooperating with California Highway Patrol investigators.

Authorities are checking Linton's bloodwork to determine if she was under the influence, according to two law enforcement sources.

She is to be formally charged by the Los Angeles County district attorney on Monday. A family member of Linton's declined to speak to a Times reporter on Friday.

Her arrest comes on the same day that the county coroner identified the pregnant woman who died in the high-speed crash as Asherey Ryan, 23. It was not immediately known which car she was in or how she was involved in the crash.

Ryan was eight months pregnant at the time of the crash, a source said. Linton is likely to be charged with killing the unborn child as well as the five others.

Besides Ryan and her baby, the other victims names have not been released by the coroner.

Eight people were also injured in the crash.

Surveillance video shows a Mercedes-Benz barreling down La Brea at a high speed as dozens of cars cross the intersection on Slauson. The Mercedes runs a red light and slams into cars in the intersection, then bursts into flames and hurtles into a light pole, where it comes to rest.

After the crash, a streak of fire burned on the ground.

Officer Franco Pepi, a California Highway Patrol spokesperson, said Thursday afternoon that three adults, including a pregnant woman, and an infant were killed in the crash.

Authorities later found another person's remains inside one of the burned vehicles, he said. That person's gender or age weren't known Thursday night.

Authorities took eight people to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center for treatment, he said. Of those injured, six were teens and one suffered major injuries.

At least six vehicles were involved in the crash, three of which were engulfed in flames, Pepi said. The others sustained moderate damage.

Eran Hall has worked at La Brea Gas across the street for about eight months and has seen several car crashes, but never like the one that unfolded Thursday.

"Everyone was just shocked," Hall told The Times on Friday morning. "Some people started to run away from the gas station because of all the flames. Other people started helping the drivers in the other cars that were pushed to the side."

Henry Sanchez, who works at the Sinclair gas station, said the flames were out of control.

"At that point it was just too late for people to do anything," Sanchez said.

Before the crash, Sanchez heard the scraping sound of the car coming down the hill.

"You hear the tires grinding," Sanchez said. "The sound stuck with me."

Noel Senior who works at Little Kingston Jamaican heard a loud boom and when he stepped outside his business and looked down the street he saw a column of flames lapping up at the gas station sign. "There was nothing we could have done. Nobody was going to come from the fire," Senior said.

"Everyone was going through a process of not really knowing what to do and helping as best as they can," said Jamarcus Robinson, who had popped into the United Oil for a Powerade while going for a run. "We saw a baby. There was a car seat in the street and a baby not too far out."

"I could barely sleep at night," he added.

Veronica Esquival told KTLA-TV Channel 5 that a baby came to rest in the intersection. “One of the workers came and saw me with the baby and took the baby out of my hands. Somebody tried to resuscitate the baby, but the baby was gone,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 5, 2022 10:35 PM

So the fetus popped out the dead black girls vagina and landed across the street?! Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 229August 5, 2022 10:38 PM

☝🏼 They will move charges up to homicide . 6 dead , including baby and pregnant woman, she’s so fornicated . Sorry to disappoint the haters of humanity here

by Anonymousreply 230August 5, 2022 10:38 PM

R229, the 1 year old baby landed at gas station with car seat near by .

by Anonymousreply 231August 5, 2022 10:38 PM

Why would someone be going 100 mph on a city street?

by Anonymousreply 232August 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Exactly r☝🏼

by Anonymousreply 233August 5, 2022 10:53 PM

Anne Heche always used to fart in my face.

by Anonymousreply 234August 5, 2022 11:06 PM

I have never in my life seen an accident like that. It looked like the car just spontaneously exploded. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 235August 5, 2022 11:06 PM

Haven't you ever had a broken heart?!

by Anonymousreply 236August 5, 2022 11:10 PM

Such glowing eyes . Life is so unfair at times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237August 5, 2022 11:12 PM

She looks a little like Jackee Harry

by Anonymousreply 238August 5, 2022 11:13 PM

R237 So he was the fetus that got tossed across the street? Cute.

by Anonymousreply 239August 5, 2022 11:14 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 240August 5, 2022 11:15 PM

The father of the 1 year old and unborn baby was also in the car and killed.

Imagine the shock the families are going through.

by Anonymousreply 241August 5, 2022 11:42 PM

Is there information on the other two victims? Were they in a third vehicle?

by Anonymousreply 242August 5, 2022 11:50 PM

I thought for sure that was a GoFundMe link @ R237

by Anonymousreply 243August 5, 2022 11:50 PM

I wonder how her auto insurance company will try to prove that the victims were at fault.

by Anonymousreply 244August 5, 2022 11:53 PM

Traveling nurses are paid a fortune and usually don’t have to pay overhead (rent, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 245August 5, 2022 11:53 PM

There is no explanation for driving 100 MPH in a crowded intersection. She floored it.

by Anonymousreply 246August 6, 2022 12:00 AM

Suicide by car collision a la Diane Schuler

by Anonymousreply 247August 6, 2022 12:02 AM

Suicide attempt? She’s a nurse, for chrissakes. She had access to an array of pharmaceuticals and could have OD’d peacefully on insulin instead of murdering six people with her car.

by Anonymousreply 248August 6, 2022 12:11 AM

This is when DL just looks stupid.

The cunt was drunk, angry and on the phone. She was speeding out of anger and being a fucking asshole. There were no issues with her brakes, it was not suicide or terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 249August 6, 2022 12:14 AM

[quote] It’s incredible how often the drivers that cause these accidents survive while completely innocent people die.

I heard it's safer to seat behind the driver, as the driver will instinctively react to save themselves- endangering more the passenger's side. I think this applies to most accidents, where innocent bystanders had no chance to to protect themselves.

by Anonymousreply 250August 6, 2022 12:20 AM

Any other videos from different vantage points?

by Anonymousreply 251August 6, 2022 12:21 AM

Watching the video, the most striking thing was truly how fast this bitch was driving.

It reminded me of speed that the 9/11 hijacked planes slammed into the World Trade Center.

One moment, everything is just slowly moving along on a city street.

The next, this vehicle comes out of nowhere, slamming into other cars in a fiery explosion.

She was going so fast that there was absolutely no way that anyone could ever have saved themselves.

That should be factored into her sentencing WHEN she is found guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 6, 2022 12:45 AM

Someone on Facebook who allegedly knows the drunk nurse claims that said drunk nurse is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 253August 6, 2022 12:49 AM

This is basically what that lunatic did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 6, 2022 12:55 AM

It looks like he just went back to the future with a flux capacitor.

by Anonymousreply 255August 6, 2022 12:56 AM

They said on Twitter that Anne Heche was involved in the crash.

by Anonymousreply 256August 6, 2022 12:57 AM

It was Heche who caused this horrific accident?

by Anonymousreply 257August 6, 2022 12:58 AM

Maybe Miss Burn Rubber floored it because she wanted attention from the boyfriend. He probably didn’t want a baby and dumped her.

by Anonymousreply 258August 6, 2022 12:59 AM

Wasn't there a similar case not long ago involving a semi truck driver who owed through and intersection and killed a bunch of people??

by Anonymousreply 259August 6, 2022 1:18 AM

Yes, people here defended the perp.

by Anonymousreply 260August 6, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote] Wasn't there a similar case not long ago involving a semi truck driver who owed through and intersection and killed a bunch of people??

[quote] Yes, people here defended the perp.

Two completely different situations.

He lost his brakes while heading downhill, and he wasn't properly trained in how to handle it.

In any case, he was sentenced to 110 years.

So STFU.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 6, 2022 1:23 AM

Uh huh^.

by Anonymousreply 262August 6, 2022 1:27 AM

[quote]He lost his brakes while heading downhill, and he wasn't properly trained in how to handle it.

He didn’t care to be trained. Neglect was on his part.

[quote]In any case, he was sentenced to 110 years.

Good.

[quote]So STFU.

You too, gay white woke.

by Anonymousreply 263August 6, 2022 1:29 AM

[quote] In any case, he was sentenced to 110 years.

[quote] Good.

Well the Governor of Colorado intervened in his case, and reduced his sentence from 110 years to 10 years.

So obviously, something was wrong with his sentence, if the GOVERNOR of your state thinks it's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 264August 6, 2022 1:31 AM

It’s because that asshole Jared Polis is woke.

by Anonymousreply 265August 6, 2022 1:32 AM

R23 - new details emerged. She was drunk AND she had just had a fight wuth her boyfriend. She knew what she was doing, so suck it!

-R19

by Anonymousreply 266August 6, 2022 1:33 AM

Anne Heche was a separate crash

by Anonymousreply 267August 6, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote] Anne Heche was a separate crash

Anne Heche is more than a crash.

She's a goddamned TRAIN WRECK!

by Anonymousreply 268August 6, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote] It’s actually delicious that she didn’t perish

Mary!!

by Anonymousreply 269August 6, 2022 1:41 AM

R119: I remember! So someone may have deliberately killed her? Please tell us about it! I would love to know. Tia.

by Anonymousreply 270August 6, 2022 1:42 AM

So Anne Heche died in this crash too? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 271August 6, 2022 1:46 AM

[quote] So Anne Heche died in this crash too? Sad.

Anne didn't die in the crash.

Just her career.

by Anonymousreply 272August 6, 2022 1:48 AM

[quote] Weirdos are here. I don't have any tolerance for this.

You have stated your boundaries by telling us NOW so you don;t have to tell us THEN!

by Anonymousreply 273August 6, 2022 2:02 AM

R273- Crying as I type.

by Anonymousreply 274August 6, 2022 2:11 AM

Weird that I just got some spam text that Tiger Woods was involved in a car crash that killed 4 people.

by Anonymousreply 275August 6, 2022 3:07 AM

She's been charged with manslaughter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 6, 2022 3:17 AM

How many times did it take her to pass the NCLEX?

by Anonymousreply 277August 6, 2022 3:18 AM

“Several people were ejected from their vehicles after being struck, shocking video of the crash shows.“

There are more videos?

by Anonymousreply 278August 6, 2022 3:40 AM

They will move it up to second degree murder

by Anonymousreply 279August 6, 2022 3:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 6, 2022 3:59 AM

Nurses and teachers are the two biggest groups of psychos out there.

Take that to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 281August 6, 2022 4:06 AM

I think I saw some tweets from her coworkers, stating that she just walked off the job in the middle of her shift, leaving her patients behind…

by Anonymousreply 282August 6, 2022 4:19 AM

Not sure that woman in the article is her.

by Anonymousreply 283August 6, 2022 4:19 AM

Imagine the furor if this were a man behind the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 284August 6, 2022 4:26 AM

That's it: I'm getting a Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 285August 6, 2022 5:01 AM

If this woman has a shred of decently she will off herself.

by Anonymousreply 286August 6, 2022 5:04 AM

I've watched the video several times and I can't believe how fucking fast that car was going, and then just exploded into a fireball. It was like a missile. I've never seen a crash that looked like that. JFC those poor people.

by Anonymousreply 287August 6, 2022 5:22 AM

R283Not sure that woman in the article is her.

WHY?

by Anonymousreply 288August 6, 2022 5:42 AM

R283 do you know Asherey-Ryan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289August 6, 2022 5:45 AM

[quote] Before the crash, Sanchez heard the scraping sound of the car coming down the hill.

[quote]"You hear the tires grinding," Sanchez said. "The sound stuck with me."

A little detail many of our very own Miss Marples did not notice, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 290August 6, 2022 5:49 AM

There aren't, r280.

by Anonymousreply 291August 6, 2022 5:52 AM

R284, are you really that obsessed with hating women that you're just going to pretend people aren't going after this woman for what she did? Man, you're just lying,

by Anonymousreply 292August 6, 2022 6:25 AM

She’s lucky to have George Gascon as the DA, she’ll get a slap on the wrist, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 293August 6, 2022 6:33 AM

Slow motion shows she was holding her phone up outside her window as she was hurtling toward the intersection.

by Anonymousreply 294August 6, 2022 8:04 AM

Like she was recording her drive?

by Anonymousreply 295August 6, 2022 8:07 AM

Or showing her boyfriend via FaceTime what she was going to do maybe.

by Anonymousreply 296August 6, 2022 8:08 AM

Where are you viewing the slow motion video? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 297August 6, 2022 8:34 AM

A speeding moron tryin to reach for her cell phone hit my mom's truck and killed her. I'd like to think I forgive her but truthfully that cunt has never even bothered to apologize so fuck her. I hope this lady rots in prison for the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 298August 6, 2022 8:50 AM

Here's the still of her holding her phone out of the driver window. I presume it's so the boyfriend could see her try to kill herself so he would be "sorry"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299August 6, 2022 9:54 AM

r298, Sincere condolences. I hope that person rots for what she did to your Mom too. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 300August 6, 2022 10:21 AM

Really sorry R298 that's truly horrible. I hope your mom did not suffer.

by Anonymousreply 301August 6, 2022 11:00 AM

Thanks R299 that makes it pretty clear she was doing this as performance for her bf

The way these narcissists think, it’s like “Look what you are making me do!” So in her twisted mind, her boyfriend was making her kill those other people.

by Anonymousreply 302August 6, 2022 11:05 AM

I hope the video she was shooting gets released

by Anonymousreply 303August 6, 2022 11:34 AM

The mom of the pregnant woman that died. So many lives torn apart because of one fucking moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 6, 2022 11:51 AM

The unborn baby has a different listed place of death than the pregnant mother and the cause is blunt force trauma, so the baby was ejected from the mother’s body and may have been the one that landed in front of the woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Ew!!!

by Anonymousreply 306August 6, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote]that makes it pretty clear she was doing this as performance for her bf

It doesn't, though. She's holding the phone straight up in the air, he wouldn't be able to see anything or hear her talking. I also notice those front tires are completely destroyed.

This is one of those news stories where people who aren't even remotely affected by what happened get emotionally caught up in it, and start to make up stories and pretend like they have insights into the situation that they do not.

by Anonymousreply 307August 6, 2022 12:13 PM

The baby that was ejected landed at the gas station in front of the pumps, according to a woman who was right there and grabbed the baby after it landed. It wasn't in the street.

According to this witness, the baby in the street was a "child," and the pregnant mother was off to the side, also in the street.

I don't think the information at r305 is correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 6, 2022 12:19 PM

Why do Fraus obsess over tragedy? It’s like they enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 309August 6, 2022 12:30 PM

The Instagram account referenced is the one that posted the picture of the driver on the sidewalk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 6, 2022 12:43 PM

I don't think it's enjoying it, it's just so shocking. Is it possible for such blunt trauma to expel an unborn baby?

by Anonymousreply 311August 6, 2022 12:45 PM

[quote]How could this woman not see such a massive and extremely busy intersection ahead, even at 100 MPH?

Why was she going 100mph? She wasn't on some country highway in Kansas, she was in a city. She didn't care about busy intersections, or wanted to plow through it deliberately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 6, 2022 12:49 PM

Well, it's not on that IG now, r310, and there isn't anything to indicate that she really was an eyewitness who saw "the baby ripped out of the stomach and lying in the street."

If you want to believe it because you want this to be as gory and awful as possible, go right ahead, but some rando on Twitter saying another rando on IG totally saw it but they deleted their post isn't exactly proof.

by Anonymousreply 313August 6, 2022 12:50 PM

[quote] Suicide attempt? She’s a nurse, for chrissakes. She had access to an array of pharmaceuticals and could have OD’d peacefully on insulin instead of murdering six people with her car.

Suicidal people aren’t usually concerned with other people’s feelings, let alone their lives. They’re not rational.

Anyway, I’d argue that this cunt wasn’t *suicidal*, but *homicidal*.

by Anonymousreply 314August 6, 2022 12:51 PM

r311 The ruins of Vesuvius had more than a few expelled babies - one with umbilical cord and one with open mouth (off the top of my head), 'frozen' by the fire and ash.

by Anonymousreply 315August 6, 2022 12:54 PM

[quote]Is it possible for such blunt trauma to expel an unborn baby?

Based on the covered bodies you can see in the footage and the descriptions from witnesses in KTLA articles, it looks like the pregnant woman was on the corner in the wreckage of one of the burnt cars, and I don't see how a baby could have been ejected from her in a way that would cause it to fly into the street. It just doesn't seem physically possible.

It's possible however that she was in the street and the baby was born posthumously.

I feel like this "baby popped out of mother's body into the street" thing is the kind of urban legend gore porn people indulge in when they get emotionally involved in these kinds of news stories.

by Anonymousreply 316August 6, 2022 12:55 PM

R315- Snail droppings.

by Anonymousreply 317August 6, 2022 12:56 PM

No, r316. Let me attempt to make this clear for you:

There was a young mother, travelling with her baby and the baby's father. Both the mother and father were killed, and their baby son was expelled from the car in his baby seat, from which he was ejected by the force of landing and bounced up dead by a nearby gas pump.

ALSO there was a pregnant woman who died.

You see the difference?

by Anonymousreply 318August 6, 2022 1:00 PM

I thought that the child in the car seat was the one ejected? There was a photo of his/her little car seat some distance from the scene of the accident?

by Anonymousreply 319August 6, 2022 1:00 PM

R315 Hell of a reference, gotta say.

by Anonymousreply 320August 6, 2022 1:00 PM

R288 I meant that I’m not certain that the woman pictured sitting on the sidewalk is actually the driver, Nicole Linton.

by Anonymousreply 321August 6, 2022 1:03 PM

R319 Fact is that no one knows for certain what happened with the unborn baby beyond the fact that he’s being issued a death certificate and that there was this from the police:

[quote]The woman lost her unborn child, which the CHP was counting as a fifth fatality “due to rare circumstances,” Pepi said.

by Anonymousreply 322August 6, 2022 1:04 PM

R320- Wrong thread, my apologies. It was meant for the anything goes thread.

by Anonymousreply 323August 6, 2022 1:06 PM

You sound like Southern Baptists with all your (fake) worry about the unborn baby.

by Anonymousreply 324August 6, 2022 1:06 PM

This happened the other morning in the Inwood section of NYC. A two car crash led one of the cars to mow down two pedestrians as they were about to cross the street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325August 6, 2022 1:19 PM

R325- JFC!!!

by Anonymousreply 326August 6, 2022 1:24 PM

Watching that video is like a shock to my brain.

The impact on those two pedestrians actually stunned me.

by Anonymousreply 327August 6, 2022 1:28 PM

R327- I have seen so, so much on Reddit, even beheading, but that was shocking and horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 328August 6, 2022 1:35 PM

R328 Thanks for the warning, I'm not going to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 329August 6, 2022 1:36 PM

R325 I was trying to figure out why the name in the tweet sounded familiar and just realized that’s the friend Cardi B has been posting about that died. I wasn’t prepared for that video at all.

by Anonymousreply 330August 6, 2022 1:41 PM

For those confused: "Among those killed: 23-year-old Asherey Ryan, of Los Angeles, her unborn child and her infant."

Asherey was pregnant and in the car with her child's father and 1 year old infant, who was thrown from his car seat across the road. Not sure about the details of thr other 2 people killed. Many injured as well, I hope not seriously/permanently.

by Anonymousreply 331August 6, 2022 1:54 PM

[quote]Apparently the infant that was killed was ejected from the car on impact.

Well, this totally ruins the "bouncing baby" theory.

by Anonymousreply 332August 6, 2022 1:55 PM

R318 is mistaken. As R321 states, the pregnant lady was also the mother of the 1 yo in the car seat.

by Anonymousreply 333August 6, 2022 2:11 PM

I’m sorry that happened, r298.

by Anonymousreply 334August 6, 2022 3:08 PM

Yes, R318 is wrong. The pregnant Mom, the Dad and their one-year-old were killed. One family.

by Anonymousreply 335August 6, 2022 3:37 PM

“Unborn baby expelled” is one of the oddest things I’ve ever read on DL.

by Anonymousreply 336August 6, 2022 4:01 PM

What caused the car to catch on fire and leave the streak of flames on the street? Most cars don’t erupt in flames in collisions.

by Anonymousreply 337August 6, 2022 4:58 PM

The report said three cars were in flames.

by Anonymousreply 338August 6, 2022 5:00 PM

I feel most sorry for the black fetus that was ejected across the street! Jesus. BLM needs to burn down all of LA for this outrage.

by Anonymousreply 339August 6, 2022 5:06 PM

R339 go fuck yourself with a rusty mop-handle, you're neither clever nor funny.

by Anonymousreply 340August 6, 2022 5:08 PM

R336 it’s also a great name for a band

by Anonymousreply 341August 6, 2022 5:08 PM

The trouble with threads like this is you have to read the jokes.

by Anonymousreply 342August 6, 2022 5:11 PM

The speeding car ruptured the other car’s gas tank upon impact R337.

by Anonymousreply 343August 6, 2022 5:23 PM

Those assholes honking their horns while people are burning to death.

by Anonymousreply 344August 6, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote]Why do Fraus obsess over tragedy? It’s like they enjoy it.

Are you fucking serious? Do you know how many DL threads with fucking chapters going on months are based on tragedies? A couple of "cute" guys found dead, a killer chef, a little pageant girl who's been dead 20 years.

Can't believe you made me defend fraus.

by Anonymousreply 345August 6, 2022 5:46 PM

My sister is a nurse. A couple of times, when I was a passenger (she the driver), she acted up. She ran a red light while making a left turn one time (urban area). Now claims she doesn't remember it.

by Anonymousreply 346August 6, 2022 5:47 PM

Datalounge is 95% white gay men, 45+.

by Anonymousreply 347August 6, 2022 5:47 PM

It's strange how people are shocked she's a nurse, like they still have this exaulted view of nurses, who are no bettewr or worse than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 348August 6, 2022 5:50 PM

*better

by Anonymousreply 349August 6, 2022 5:50 PM

where are the photos of the cunt killer?

by Anonymousreply 350August 6, 2022 5:52 PM

I wonder if they will release the cellphone footage when she recorded the crash in a Viola Davis-level act of attention seeking.

by Anonymousreply 351August 6, 2022 5:56 PM

R348, same for police and firefighters. It's a job. And those jobs are important and should be supported but the individuals themselves aren't walking on water.

by Anonymousreply 352August 6, 2022 6:11 PM

R352 I don’t think anyone is confused about cops anymore - if anything I think ppl now have lower opinions of them now compared to your average person.

by Anonymousreply 353August 6, 2022 6:17 PM

Hope the killer cunt will be raped daily in prison.

by Anonymousreply 354August 6, 2022 6:20 PM

Anne Hetche needs to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 355August 6, 2022 6:21 PM

I was about to say nurses don't kill innocent people intentionally, while you can't say that about cops. In this case, one did, though.

by Anonymousreply 356August 6, 2022 6:21 PM

R356 are you nuts? How many cases of "Angels Of Death" are there? Killer nurses are more prolific than we ever know about

by Anonymousreply 357August 6, 2022 6:24 PM

R347 and the other 5% are white men claiming to be black. No black man has ever posted on this shit site.

by Anonymousreply 358August 6, 2022 6:52 PM

I think that most people don't think nurses are "angels" per se, but rather they assume that you have to have a good heart and be compassionate, to be a nurse.

In many cases that's true, but I would say that it many cases they are also in it just for the money.

Nurses get paid a LOT of money.

And don't forget that they were considered to be "heroes" during the height of the Covid pandemic. People were banging on pots and pans for them, from their apartment balconies.

by Anonymousreply 359August 6, 2022 6:53 PM

Every nurse I’ve ever known (except one) is a total freak. It’s a profession that attracts people from the dysfunctional lower classes. Once they become nurses, they think they are God. They then realize to their great dismay that doctors look down on them. It’s a crazy-making situation.

by Anonymousreply 360August 6, 2022 6:54 PM

[quote]are you nuts? How many cases of "Angels Of Death" are there? Killer nurses are more prolific than we ever know about.

I don't know how many cases there are but I'd guess there are way more abusive, violent, killer cops. I'd rather be in the custody of a nurse than a cop.

by Anonymousreply 361August 6, 2022 7:02 PM

r360 you are so full of shit. I've known many nurses who are lovely people.

by Anonymousreply 362August 6, 2022 7:03 PM

Though to be fair I dealt with some very bad, mean nurses (and a doctor or two) when my mom was hospitalized before she died. I sometimes see those people in the supermarket or elsewhere, and I mentally spit on them.

by Anonymousreply 363August 6, 2022 7:04 PM

-- posted by R361

by Anonymousreply 364August 6, 2022 7:04 PM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 365August 6, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote]If you want to believe it because you want this to be as gory and awful as possible, go right ahead, but some rando on Twitter saying another rando on IG totally saw it but they deleted their post isn't exactly proof.

I saw that woman's Instagram story yesterday and she said the baby came out of the pregnant woman's "stomach." She also said the other baby landed on the counter of the gas station and one of his arms was missing and his throat was cut. Also, one of the cars was cut in half by the impact. No idea whether she's telling the truth but that's what she said.

by Anonymousreply 366August 6, 2022 11:06 PM

Nicole Linton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367August 6, 2022 11:22 PM

That cunt is lucky she didn't hit the gas pumps or she would have blown up everything on a couple of blocks

by Anonymousreply 368August 6, 2022 11:35 PM

I will bet this Nicole Linton CUNT is a fat ass narcissist! DRAG her online! Destroy everything she has!

by Anonymousreply 369August 6, 2022 11:48 PM

here's the cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370August 6, 2022 11:49 PM

Her Pin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371August 6, 2022 11:51 PM

I come from a family of nurses. They’re tough. Two worked their way up into hospital administration and they are stone cold intimidating bitches. You can’t tell them anything.

I’ve known three nurses who lost their licenses because they became serious drug addicts and stole medication from their patients. My cousin was one of those people, and she left her husband and two children to be a crack whore and nobody knows where she is anymore. She came from a nice middle class upbringing in a lovely suburb.

by Anonymousreply 372August 6, 2022 11:53 PM

R347, and they seem to really detest women

by Anonymousreply 373August 6, 2022 11:54 PM

The impact made her wig fly off, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 374August 6, 2022 11:54 PM

R368

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375August 7, 2022 12:01 AM

R335

The one-year-old had a different father.

by Anonymousreply 376August 7, 2022 12:03 AM

That one year old was a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 377August 7, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote]Nurses and teachers are the two biggest groups of psychos out there.

Lawyers are up there.

by Anonymousreply 378August 7, 2022 12:04 AM

R318, you can't clear up anything for anyone. You don't even know what happened.

The pregnant woman also had her 1 year old with her. The 3 of them were killed, along with her boyfriend .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379August 7, 2022 12:07 AM

R370, she looks like a bitch

by Anonymousreply 380August 7, 2022 12:08 AM

☝🏼 A crazy , angry black woman

by Anonymousreply 381August 7, 2022 12:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382August 7, 2022 12:12 AM

Of course he did r376

by Anonymousreply 383August 7, 2022 12:41 AM

R383, I know we could say a lot of things about life choices, but the woman and her child are dead. There's no point in speaking ill.

by Anonymousreply 384August 7, 2022 12:46 AM

[quote] I feel most sorry for the black fetus that was ejected across the street! Jesus. BLM needs to burn down all of LA for this outrage.

The killer was herself black. And no fetus was ejected across a street.

by Anonymousreply 385August 7, 2022 12:54 AM

Do we not use fetus anymore in a post-Roe era?

by Anonymousreply 386August 7, 2022 1:13 AM

R386- I believe we address the unborn child as 'they'.

by Anonymousreply 387August 7, 2022 1:23 AM

What an evil piece of shit. And of course she didn’t die too.

by Anonymousreply 388August 7, 2022 1:24 AM

R388- That is just unbelievable. Did the bitch even suffer whiplash?

by Anonymousreply 389August 7, 2022 1:44 AM

I was kind of surprised no one at my job the next day knew about this. I guess they're not on social media, and we aren't in the west.

by Anonymousreply 390August 7, 2022 1:50 AM

This is so completely foreign to me - the fact that someone could be so incredibly selfish and self-centered to willingly destroy the lives of innocent people and children with no forethought or consideration. Why are there so many mosters among us these days?

by Anonymousreply 391August 7, 2022 2:15 AM

R391- Because the Fat Beast unleashed evil. He really has.

by Anonymousreply 392August 7, 2022 2:19 AM

One of the victims in another car was so badly burned the police could not report whether they were male or female.

by Anonymousreply 393August 7, 2022 2:34 AM

R392 Does this make you feel better? Things have been going to hell in this country for years. People didn't start randomly killing each other the minute Trump became president.

by Anonymousreply 394August 7, 2022 2:38 AM

He intensified the crazy, R394.

by Anonymousreply 395August 7, 2022 2:39 AM

Threw gasoline on that fire.

by Anonymousreply 396August 7, 2022 2:39 AM

Will they march for the victims?

by Anonymousreply 397August 7, 2022 2:40 AM

R395 Having a convenient scapegoat just means no one solves any root problems.

by Anonymousreply 398August 7, 2022 2:41 AM

She was booked at Lynwood, already out of the hospital. Imagine being in a crash like that and youre already out of the hospital after two days. Mercedes stock is about to go up

by Anonymousreply 399August 7, 2022 2:42 AM

He’s not a scapegoat, but he’s good either.

by Anonymousreply 400August 7, 2022 2:44 AM

*not good

by Anonymousreply 401August 7, 2022 2:45 AM

What was the confirmed reason why she did it?

by Anonymousreply 402August 7, 2022 2:46 AM

She's out of the hospital but not under arrest?

by Anonymousreply 403August 7, 2022 2:47 AM

I'm still shocked to the core that she held her phone out the car window as she made impact. Her ass is going to hand for that! Intent doesn't get any clearer than that.

by Anonymousreply 404August 7, 2022 2:48 AM

Jesus, even a thread about an American driving like a fucking lunatic--as if there's ANYTHING novel about that if we're being serious--isn't free of TDS. Get help, you fucking crazies.

by Anonymousreply 405August 7, 2022 2:50 AM

Wait, she's not in jail?

by Anonymousreply 406August 7, 2022 2:50 AM

I cannot understand someone who wants to take out other people when they attempt suicide. If I ever decide to do it, I'm doing it like Atsumi Yoshikubo, who flew to Yellowknife and just walked off into the wilderness, to eventually become food for some animal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 7, 2022 2:57 AM

No she is in jail, in Lynnwood

by Anonymousreply 408August 7, 2022 3:01 AM

Jail info

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409August 7, 2022 3:03 AM

"If I were to kill myself I'd rip the lid off this town first." (Bette Davis as Margaret Elliott, in The Star, 1952.) I wouldn't do it in fucking Canada and let some beavers eat me.

by Anonymousreply 410August 7, 2022 3:03 AM

Lynwood is the female jail for in LA county . It’s supposed to be pretty brutal

by Anonymousreply 411August 7, 2022 3:03 AM

I wonder if she'll get got in jail, now or later. This is a HUGE story and the kids getting killed will make people see red.

by Anonymousreply 412August 7, 2022 3:07 AM

Oh, I hope she doesn't get killed in jail. Or mysteriously kill herself when the security cameras mysteriously go off, and the guards are mysteriously absent. There needs to be a trial and justice.

by Anonymousreply 413August 7, 2022 3:08 AM

Yeah I agree with R413. I want a trial where we find out exactly what happened. And I want to know if it is true that her employer called the police on her that morning after she showed up to work drunk and she drunk drove all the way from West LA to Windsor Hills side swiping cars along the way with people calling 911 on her as she drove. Deceased family could have huge suit against UCLA Medical and the city if her employer and the police failed to stop her before the fatal crash

by Anonymousreply 414August 7, 2022 3:12 AM

*The deceased’s estates and surviving family I mean

by Anonymousreply 415August 7, 2022 3:13 AM

r414, where has that been reported?

by Anonymousreply 416August 7, 2022 3:14 AM

The Lipstick Alley thread has a lot of information. A lot of it is not true but someone on there knew her name and occupation and claimed to work with her at UCLA Medical and posted that info before it was published by the media yesterday so I think there is some truth/insider info among a lot of misinformation

by Anonymousreply 417August 7, 2022 3:16 AM

Did she really do this for attention on social media? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 418August 7, 2022 3:17 AM

Are the Lipstick Alley Loser cunts supporting the killer and marching for her this week?

by Anonymousreply 419August 7, 2022 3:18 AM

The LSA “insider” said Nicole showed up that day for work at 7am drunk and the hospital called the police on her when she walked off the job at 10 am without telling anyone. So she was there apparently visibly intoxicated for three hours but they only called the police when she left unannounced?

LSA posters are calling for her head on a stick. No one is supporting her there

by Anonymousreply 420August 7, 2022 3:20 AM

[quote]Jesus, even a thread about an American driving like a fucking lunatic--as if there's ANYTHING novel about that if we're being serious--isn't free of TDS. Get help, you fucking crazies.

It's ONE fucking post, deplorable..

by Anonymousreply 421August 7, 2022 3:22 AM

Sounds like metal illness

by Anonymousreply 422August 7, 2022 3:22 AM

Nurses are crazy. I’m telling you. They all have drug/attitude/psych problems.

by Anonymousreply 423August 7, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote]And I want to know if it is true that her employer called the police on her that morning after she showed up to work drunk and she drunk drove all the way from West LA to Windsor Hills side swiping cars along the way with people calling 911 on her as she drove.

How did anyone find out people were calling 911 on her? If so, there should have been police response.

[quote]The LSA “insider” said Nicole showed up that day for work at 7am drunk and the hospital called the police on her when she walked off the job at 10 am without telling anyone. So she was there apparently visibly intoxicated for three hours but they only called the police when she left unannounced?

Not sure, is it a considered a crime to show up for work intoxicated? If you were working say at a desk in a non-public area, might your friends decide it was not something to report you to the police for? Maybe they thought she could be sobered up. But then when she left and was going to drive a car again, they called the police?

by Anonymousreply 424August 7, 2022 3:29 AM

[quote]The Lipstick Alley thread has a lot of information. A lot of it is not true but

"This information is false and therefore useless, but such large portions!"

by Anonymousreply 425August 7, 2022 3:30 AM

It might not be a crime but perhaps it could be negligence? A lawsuit against the hospital and city for negligence by those poor family members wouldnt even go to trial, they would grt a huge settlement mark my words

by Anonymousreply 426August 7, 2022 3:32 AM

R424, colleagues may have been trying to cover for her (keep her away from patients etc.) /figure out what to do but then called the cops when they saw she was about to drive. Of course we wish now that they had made different decisions if she was in fact at work drunk...

by Anonymousreply 427August 7, 2022 3:33 AM

If the police were called on her at work and while she was driving through the city, there are going to be a lot of questions to answer.

by Anonymousreply 428August 7, 2022 3:34 AM

The sister of the deceased pregnant women (Asherey Ryan) posted an Instagram live where she alleged people had contacted her on social media to say they had called 911 on Nicole Linton for drunk driving/side swiping cars in West LA. If police failed to act and what she alleges is true then yeah I would sue

by Anonymousreply 429August 7, 2022 3:34 AM

If they start reporting about the failure of police to not heed several warnings, then Uvalde cops are about to have company.

by Anonymousreply 430August 7, 2022 3:40 AM

R394- Yes, cunt, it does, especially since it seems to trigger inappropriate anger in you.

by Anonymousreply 431August 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Why would you call the police if someone left work? That makes zero sense.

Im always surprised at the gullibility and wild speculation that goes on in these type of threads.

by Anonymousreply 432August 7, 2022 3:45 AM

People are saying she left work drunk and was about to drive home, r432.

by Anonymousreply 433August 7, 2022 3:48 AM

If it is true she was at wotk abd the hospital failed to stop her from driving drunk, there will be a lawyer for the family arguing this was negligence, and there will be a big settlement. That is not stupid, that is a fact

by Anonymousreply 434August 7, 2022 3:48 AM

I’ve called 911 to report crazy drivers. Nothing has ever been done. The dispatchers always sound completely bored/annoyed.

We are living in a failed society. I don’t necessarily disagree with them, but working class people have decided the only way they “win” is by refusing to do their jobs.,

by Anonymousreply 435August 7, 2022 3:50 AM

R434 Not sure how "the hospital" could stop her if she left work suddenly and they only noticed after she had left. She probably didn't announce it and wasn't noticed until she was gone.

by Anonymousreply 436August 7, 2022 3:50 AM

Why is it the employers responsibility to stop someone getting into their car and drunk driving? Also they would have to breathalyze her in order to establish that.

[quote] People are saying

^ my earlier point about speculation / gullibility. “And my sisters friend’s cousin said……”

by Anonymousreply 437August 7, 2022 3:51 AM

Why does UCLA need travel nurses? Plenty of Filipino nurses in the LA area.

Something doesn’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 438August 7, 2022 3:52 AM

If she was there visibly drunk at 7 am and they only called the police at 10 am after she left and caused a big fiery 6 people dead car crash— that looks like negligence to me

by Anonymousreply 439August 7, 2022 3:52 AM

[quote] working class people have decided the only way they “win” is by refusing to do their jobs.,

Lmao you’re so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 440August 7, 2022 3:52 AM

Wow, R460. What an erudite argument. “LMAO” and everything!

by Anonymousreply 441August 7, 2022 3:54 AM

If it went to trial, the jury is being pulled from South Central Los Angeles. As the finder of facts, who are they going to side with in a negligence case? A huge hospital or a poor black family? It wouldnt even make it to trial to see if youre right and the employer shouldn’t be held responsible— UCLA would settle and big time

by Anonymousreply 442August 7, 2022 3:55 AM

[quote]Why is it the employers responsibility to stop someone getting into their car and drunk driving?

You said you didn't understand why her employers would call the cops when she left work drunk. That was explained to you. Now you claim that what you really meant was that you didn't think the employers had any legal responsibility to do so. Just keep moving those goalposts and calling everyone else stupid, I'm sure that'll work out well for you.

by Anonymousreply 443August 7, 2022 3:55 AM

R441 you tagged incorrectly 😂 nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 444August 7, 2022 3:56 AM

If she was drunk at 7 am and left work at 10am, I doubt she would still be considered drunk. Her blood alcohol level would be WNL.

by Anonymousreply 445August 7, 2022 3:56 AM

Depends on if she was drinking while at work, r445.

by Anonymousreply 446August 7, 2022 3:57 AM

If she was drunk at 7am she must have have been up early drinking or up all night drinking.

I wonder where exactly she originally heading to, when she left work, and when she got to that intersection?

by Anonymousreply 447August 7, 2022 3:59 AM

R443 it wasn’t actually explained. “The hospital” isn’t one person there are hundreds of staff. Which persons responsibility would it be? Who would even notice her leaving and going to her car? Also you can’t interfere with someone that wants to go somewhere. I don’t think any of you have thought through the reality of what that situation would look like lol. If someone drunk walked out of work you wouldn’t even know if they were going to their car or not, for all you know they might be going to sleep it off. Unless you followed them to their car to check, but I doubt that’s part of any hospital employee responsibility.

I don’t think they have any responsibility (legal or otherwise) to stop someone. And I haven’t seen any compelling reason suggested as to why there would be.

by Anonymousreply 448August 7, 2022 4:00 AM

R448 is not a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 449August 7, 2022 4:03 AM

Does she have a history of public drunkenness and radical behavior?

by Anonymousreply 450August 7, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote]R443 it wasn’t actually explained.

Yes, it was. You asked:

[quote]Why would you call the police if someone left work? That makes zero sense.

And we answered. Now you're pretending like what you asked was a detailed question about what legal liability the employer would have. Sorry, but what you asked is right there. You asked something stupid and are now trying to deflect by calling people names and pretending like you meant something else, and adding "lmao" and emojis and such, and it's not making you look better, even though you apparently think it is.

by Anonymousreply 451August 7, 2022 4:06 AM

R449 no I’m not you’re right - maybe there is a legal responsibility but to me it seems unreasonable.

R451 why are you a ‘we’? When I said it wasn’t explained what I meant was that it wasn’t explained in any meaningful way. Sorry to have to explain that to you x

by Anonymousreply 452August 7, 2022 4:07 AM

Well I assume a big hospital has security, so if she was seen acting drunk at all and she went past any security people, then I think there would be their responsibility if they did nothing. But I think she most likely left through an employee entrance and was able to act fairly sober, if she encountered anyone - as one can do when under the influence.

by Anonymousreply 453August 7, 2022 4:11 AM

ICU nurses generally have 2 or sometimes 3 patients at a time, right? And they're all kind of amongst each other when their patients are unconscious, I imagine. My point is that I don't think it's realistic to think that she wasn't interacting with a fair number of people that morning.

by Anonymousreply 454August 7, 2022 4:16 AM

R452, this provides a decent summary of employer liability for actions of employees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455August 7, 2022 4:21 AM

How can she not even have any major injuries? Apparently the car she hit originally ended up hitting the other cars, while she went on across the intersection. Still, it looked like she hit something in the gas station, so I don't see how she wasn't injured more. Apparently she remembered to wear her seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 456August 7, 2022 4:23 AM

[quote] I cannot understand someone who wants to take out other people when they attempt suicide. If I ever decide to do it, I'm doing it like Atsumi Yoshikubo, who flew to Yellowknife and just walked off into the wilderness, to eventually become food for some animal.

Atsumi Yoshikubo (died in Canada) was a pain in the ass. She left no suicide note. Family in Japan perplexed. People didn't know whether she was dead or alive. Thousands of man hours spent trying to figure out what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 457August 7, 2022 4:27 AM

R455 thanks for the link. Wonder what CA law says on it.

by Anonymousreply 458August 7, 2022 4:27 AM

Mercedes are extremely safe cars. They have a steel door that won't cave in on the driver and the same with the front end. It won't cave in on the driver. This is why she was able to walk away from that death scene.

by Anonymousreply 459August 7, 2022 4:41 AM

R459 Then all cars should have to have that safety feature, there must be a way to do it and keep the price down.

by Anonymousreply 460August 7, 2022 4:44 AM

r455's link refers to harm done "on the job". Here the nurse had both left the job and had been reported to the police. The hospital had no authority to disable her car.

Which is not to say woke UCLA won't throw away taxpayer money on a large settlement.

by Anonymousreply 461August 7, 2022 4:44 AM

It's probably also easier to be the person who experiences a crash head-on vs. the one who gets hit from the side. I used to work at a chiropractic office and the doctor told me that it's worse to get an injury from the side than head-on. (I realize that's a huge generalization.)

by Anonymousreply 462August 7, 2022 4:49 AM

R461, refer to the Otis case at the bottom of the article I linked at r455. It is a Texas Supreme Court case but the facts are very similar to what is being alleged here (employer being held liable for drunk employee’s car accident after leaving work drunk)

by Anonymousreply 463August 7, 2022 4:50 AM

It’s too bad she can’t share a cell with fellow drunk driver Anne Heche.

by Anonymousreply 464August 7, 2022 4:51 AM

UCLA WILL settle if the facts are as alleged here. It wont go to trial. An attorney for the family will argue negligence and UCLA will give them a lot of money

by Anonymousreply 465August 7, 2022 4:52 AM

What about the interviewed friend who said she had been drinking at someone’s house and was upset about her boyfriend? The crash happened a bit before 2pm, four hours after she allegedly left the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 466August 7, 2022 4:57 AM

R466 Well then I don't see how the hospital can be sued if the crash happened 4 hours after she left the hospital, and UCLA isn't more than 10 miles from the crash site.

by Anonymousreply 467August 7, 2022 5:01 AM

That “friend” was some random LA crazy who pretended to know her.

by Anonymousreply 468August 7, 2022 5:01 AM

For example, why would a friend of hers just happen to be at the site of the accident?

by Anonymousreply 469August 7, 2022 5:03 AM

The “friend” did not appear to be credible. How would she know, as she alleged, that Nicole “didnt see the red light” ?

by Anonymousreply 470August 7, 2022 5:04 AM

Totally agree. She was a random who wanted to be on TV.

by Anonymousreply 471August 7, 2022 5:07 AM

R468 The crash still happened at 2pm and she apparently left the hospital at 10am.

by Anonymousreply 472August 7, 2022 5:12 AM

[quote]That “friend” was some random LA crazy who pretended to know her.

What a surprise the media preferred to be first rather than accurate. I absolutely loathe local media.

by Anonymousreply 473August 7, 2022 5:17 AM

I hope Ponch is on the case

by Anonymousreply 474August 7, 2022 5:20 AM

Leaves hospital drunk at 10 am, crashes at 2 pm 9 miles away. Yeah four hours sounds about right to drive 9 miles in Los Angeles

by Anonymousreply 475August 7, 2022 5:20 AM

Does anyone else feel like they never want to leave the house again?

I do.

This world has become a very terrifying place.

by Anonymousreply 476August 7, 2022 5:59 AM

[quote] Leaves hospital drunk at 10 am, crashes at 2 pm 9 miles away. Yeah four hours sounds about right to drive 9 miles in Los Angeles

I guarantee she wasn’t stuck in traffic.

I’m sure we’ll find out what she was doing in those four hours, but my guess is getting drunker and angrier.

by Anonymousreply 477August 7, 2022 7:56 AM

Is this the Anne Heche footage?

by Anonymousreply 478August 7, 2022 9:16 AM

Oh R477. It was a joke about LA traffic

by Anonymousreply 479August 7, 2022 10:42 AM

If the hospital called the police, I suppose it could be mitigating or incriminating. They knew she was a danger.

To the hospital’s credit, they took reasonable and responsible actions to report it. Kind of a CYA situation, because employers don’t tend to want to report their employees to police. I’m guessing this wasn’t the first time she showed up drunk. Her supervisor and/or HR probably has a file on her, because she was a liability *within* the hospital as well. I’m building it out a little and guessing they called cops because she was acting unprofessionally on the floor and security had to be called. Next step is LAPD. It’ll all be in her personnel file. You can’t just fire a professional black woman anymore; there needs to be extensive and ironclad documentation and proof in triplicate.

by Anonymousreply 480August 7, 2022 11:13 AM

Is there a thread about those two guys who were killed in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 481August 7, 2022 11:19 AM

R386, the linked article in LA Mag used the word “fetus”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482August 7, 2022 11:19 AM

R476 Not really but yesterday, I did think about these two LA crashes several times while I was out and about.

by Anonymousreply 483August 7, 2022 11:32 AM

R157 That’s terrifying- are you OK?

by Anonymousreply 484August 7, 2022 11:38 AM

R435, yes, because middle and upper-class people always do their jobs and never commit crimes. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 485August 7, 2022 12:36 PM

Actually, Kaiser Permanente hired this homicidal cunt through a placement agency, so they probably have a layer of legal protection. She’s a contract worker (independent contractor?), not an actual employee. So they might have been able to fire her on the spot.

That agency probably got an earful…

by Anonymousreply 486August 7, 2022 12:37 PM

If they called the cops bc she left it might not have been bc they thought she was drunk. Nurses can’t leave their patients - it’s called patient abandonment.

It’s hard for people to hear about after the fact - the chances people had to stop this woman before she ruined so many lives and how she was able to stay on this path…

by Anonymousreply 487August 7, 2022 3:21 PM

Homicidal speeding is rampant in my city. Lunacy every time I'm on the parkways. Tinted out windows, etc. No police to be seen anymore, let alone enforcing laws. Country's on the skids.

by Anonymousreply 488August 7, 2022 3:43 PM

R448, the nurse supervisor and the charge nurse would be responsible. If she arrived drunk on the unit at 7, what was she doing there for three hours? She should have been immediately sent home in a cab. She'd probably lose her license and job, but that would be dealt with later.

by Anonymousreply 489August 7, 2022 3:49 PM

An anonymous nurse posted this to Lipstick Alley two weeks ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490August 7, 2022 4:15 PM

I followed a nurse (guy) on sm, all he talked about was getting wasted and loaded. Probably didn't do it at work, but was coming to work hung over, at least. Why would you go into that profession if you have that problem, seems like extreme un-selfawareness. I'd think a person in health care would be health conscious, not to mention you need to be alert when caring for patients.

by Anonymousreply 491August 7, 2022 4:28 PM

I’m sure it’s a stressful job and people self-medicate. But then, most jobs are stressful.

A family member is an emergency department nurse. She complains about everything constantly, but especially about patients asking for water or blankets. Says she hates being treated like a waitress.

That doesn’t sound especially stressful— more like a Princess who thinks she shouldn’t have to work at all.

by Anonymousreply 492August 7, 2022 4:42 PM

R492 Oh wow, how are people supposed to get water or blankets? They're sick people in a bed in a fucking hospital. My experience in the hospital, caring for relatives, is the patient is often very thirsty and freezing, but they have to beg for some lousy water, or a blanket - depending on the nurse.

Self-medicating is one thing but bragging about getting trahed every night is not that.

by Anonymousreply 493August 7, 2022 4:50 PM

The babies almost always are expelled from the woman in such traumatic cases.

A cousin's wife was killed in a fiery head-on two months ago and her 8 1/2 month pregnancy ended in the flames.

Hideous.

by Anonymousreply 494August 7, 2022 4:55 PM

Everyone's a victim, everyone's complaining nowadays. When I was younger, adult men would tell other men to stop their complaining: "Stop your bitching and get on with it" was pretty standard, at all walks and in all fields. No more. You couldn't dare.

by Anonymousreply 495August 7, 2022 4:57 PM

R495 Oh, women will always tell men to stop complaining. They're the only ones allowed to complain, have illness, pain, emotional issues. Men are big pussies who need to get on with it. I work with a lot of women and they will rush to help/give sympathy if one of them injures themselves in some minor way, but a man could break a leg in front of them and they'd act like he should stop whining and bothering people.

by Anonymousreply 496August 7, 2022 5:02 PM

It's why men are running for the doors, including in the military. They don't want to work with women or answer to them. Having a wife is sufficient, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 497August 7, 2022 5:10 PM

My mother passed away in January at age 86. She was a nurse. After my parents divorced in the mid 70s, she worked full time in the admitting dept of the hospital in the evenings while getting her nursing degree during the day. She passed her certifications at the top of her class. She worked for 30 years, eventually becoming the managing nurse of the ICU. She was a fierce patient advocate and didn't take shit from anybody, patients/families, fellow nurses, or the doctors; in fact, the doctors held her in deep respect, calling her "The General." She was named Nurse of the Year twice.

I'm learning she was apparently a very rare breed of nurse.

by Anonymousreply 498August 7, 2022 5:50 PM

My childhood best friend’s mother was a nurse in the 70s and 80s. She was a wonderful person and it’s her voice I still hear in my head telling me to include others, think about how others feel, etc. I have no doubt she would have done anything for her patients.

I also have lots of nurses for clients (at my job.) They are all batshit crazy and think the world owes them. I think the profession has really changed.

by Anonymousreply 499August 7, 2022 6:20 PM

[quote] It's why men are running for the doors, including in the military. They don't want to work with women or answer to them.

This is precisely why I want to quit my job right now.

by Anonymousreply 500August 7, 2022 7:09 PM

R497, well I guess they’re giant babies, so maybe they should be in the work force or the military. I’ve worked for men and women and truthfully? Some men and women were great and some men and women sucked.

by Anonymousreply 501August 7, 2022 8:31 PM

^”shouldn’t” at r501.

by Anonymousreply 502August 7, 2022 8:32 PM

R501 Wrong. A majority of white girls these days fall under the umbrella of "karens". Whatever the cognate word for black girls is, I am sure they are too.

by Anonymousreply 503August 7, 2022 8:34 PM

R498 your mum sounds like quite a lady!

R499 what's your job that brings you into contact with so many crazy nurses?

by Anonymousreply 504August 7, 2022 8:36 PM

Sure, there are no male Karens. Right.

by Anonymousreply 505August 7, 2022 8:37 PM

There's no fucking way a baby can "shoot out" of a pregnant woman's stomach.

It would literally have to rip through the skin of her stomach, which is virtually impossible.

OR, it would have to be SHOT out of her vagina and the umbilical cord ripped and severed from her insides.

The amount of force required to do that ensures that it can't happen.

You people are insane.

by Anonymousreply 506August 7, 2022 8:38 PM

^ I don't know if it happened, but you clearly cannot comprehend the forces acting on a human body struck by a 3500+ lb object moving at near100 mph.

by Anonymousreply 507August 7, 2022 8:47 PM

I’m so sick of the Karen meme. A woman on NextDoor was asking the community for help in finding the people who are STILL setting off M80s and mortars in our neighborhood. Fire danger, panicked pets and being woken at 2:00am 3 times a week were reasons given. She was articulate and reasoned but of course she was called a Karen.

I came to her defense because I’m sick of the noise/disruption, too—but no one called me a Karen. It’s a certain segment of society that is being shamed and silenced even if they have a legitimate concern. There is no differentiating between true “Karens” and women of a certain age having a reason to be angry, determined or defending herself. It’s BS.

by Anonymousreply 508August 7, 2022 9:00 PM

In the days before seatbelts, it wasn’t uncommon to hear about someone being hurtled through their windshield and being found 30-50 feet away, or even more, in a head-on collision or from hitting a tree.

High speed accidents have a tremendous amount of force behind them.

by Anonymousreply 509August 7, 2022 9:00 PM

R509 tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 510August 7, 2022 9:09 PM

Years ago I read a book about the crash of Eastern Flight 401 in the Florida Everglades, and I recall that the first body the recovery team found in the morning after the crash was of a heavily pregnant woman whose abdomen had burst and the fetus was next to her with the placenta still attached.

Then there's Prince Philip's sister, who also died in a plane crash while heavily pregnant. There is still uncertainty as to if she gave birth before or during the crash, or if the baby was ejected from her body from the impact forces.

Obviously the forces involved in a plane crash are greater than those in a car crash, but those two scenarios came to mind.

by Anonymousreply 511August 7, 2022 9:22 PM

I think it'd be awesome to catch a black fetus as it shoots out and yell: TOUCHDOWN! And throw it on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 512August 7, 2022 10:26 PM

You are a boring troll, r512

by Anonymousreply 513August 7, 2022 10:46 PM

R511 "Heavily pregnant?" As opposed to "lightly pregnant?"

by Anonymousreply 514August 7, 2022 10:46 PM

Then there is the phenomenon of “coffin birth”. Google it if you really want to know. The force is nothing more than gases in the abdomen from decomp.

by Anonymousreply 515August 8, 2022 12:05 AM

R514 isn't very bright, is he?

I hope you're at least pretty.

by Anonymousreply 516August 8, 2022 12:21 AM

I googled "coffin birth" and the name "Shannan Watts" came up.

Useless trivia, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 517August 8, 2022 12:48 AM

Has the boyfriend been identified yet?

by Anonymousreply 518August 8, 2022 1:04 AM

What about the other victims besides the pregnant woman and her husband and child? Why haven't they been identified yet?

by Anonymousreply 519August 8, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote]I came to her defense because I’m sick of the noise/disruption, too—but no one called me a Karen. It’s a certain segment of society that is being shamed and silenced even if they have a legitimate concern. There is no differentiating between true “Karens” and women of a certain age having a reason to be angry, determined or defending herself. It’s BS.

It is the left that encourages the Karen meme: white women as the enemy.

And then they wonder why white women don't vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 520August 8, 2022 1:21 AM

It’s not the left. It’s hillbilly redneck men who have always hated opinionated women.

And it started with Black Twitter, which is mostly drawn from the lower classes.

So if you care to be associated with one of these groups (and the year 2014), by all means continue using the tired “Karen” meme.

by Anonymousreply 521August 8, 2022 1:48 AM

[quote] What about the other victims besides the pregnant woman and her husband and child? Why haven't they been identified yet?

Most news reports have said that they're teenagers. Probably minors.

So I think they actually can't be identified.

Many of them are in the hospital in critical condition.

They must be suffering.

Damn this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 522August 8, 2022 3:31 AM

I want to hear from the person in the pink car. Imagine being that close to death.

by Anonymousreply 523August 8, 2022 4:33 AM

I was reading an article about the crash, and then started reading the comments at the bottom section of the page.

This one really blew me away:

[quote] John C 7 hours ago

[quote] For every tragedy we can learn a lesson.

[quote] In 1972 a car passed me at a high rate of speed in a 30 mph zone. Less than a mile up he lost control and hit another car head on killing the driver instantly. He was also killed and had a blood alcohol of .28. The woman that he killed was my mother.

[quote] Being a hot headed young man of 24 I wanted my father to sue his estate for every penny that he could. His response, and I clearly remember his words to this day... some 50 years later " I lost my wife, you lost your mother, a woman lost her husband and two little children lost their father." My dad supported that family financially for years to get them back on their feet.

Crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 8, 2022 7:44 AM

The father in r524 was a Christian, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 525August 8, 2022 7:48 AM

[quote] The father in [R524] was a Christian, clearly.

He was a Muslim, r525

by Anonymousreply 526August 8, 2022 9:36 AM

Hillbilly redneck men are on Black Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 527August 8, 2022 10:14 AM

Sure he was, r526.

It's actully against the Muslim religion to do what you claim he did. It's literally against the word of Allah as set out in the Koran, but you keep gaslighting us with your lies.

by Anonymousreply 528August 8, 2022 10:18 AM

Actually, he was an atheist

by Anonymousreply 529August 8, 2022 10:26 AM

[quote]Most likely just an Asian woman driving

She was black. Drunk off her ass and going 100 mpr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530August 8, 2022 10:29 AM

[quote] There's no fucking way a baby can "shoot out" of a pregnant woman's stomach.

[quote]It would literally have to rip through the skin of her stomach, which is virtually impossible.

The abdominal muscles alone would be difficult to tear through, let alone the skin, the uterus, and other tissue between the fetus and the outside. Beyond that, the baby would then have to have gone through an open(ed) window or door, at an upward trajectory.

Keep in mind that the person earlier who said that the baby ("unnamed baby boy Ryan" on the certificate, I believe) was listed as dying in the street while the mom wasn't, never actually provided the location of where the mother was deceased. I'm pretty sure what happened is that it was postpartum birth and both died on the street in the car. That would explain the "rare" circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 531August 8, 2022 11:10 AM

Can we PLEASE stop debating this? The one-year old is the one ejected from the car. It’s possible that the fetus was also expelled from its mother, but not terribly likely, and we don’t know. I do wonder about the effectiveness of car seats, because that thing landed separately and didn’t have the child in it. Bad.

by Anonymousreply 532August 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Had the silver car not braked to turn right into that gas station, these people never would've been killed! NICE JOB, silver car!

by Anonymousreply 533August 8, 2022 1:53 PM

[quote]Keep in mind that the person earlier who said that the baby ("unnamed baby boy Ryan" on the certificate, I believe) was listed as dying in the street while the mom wasn't, never actually provided the location of where the mother was deceased.

R531 What are you talking about? The location was provided in the linked tweet that also listed the baby’s place of death. It was listed as “Intersection.”

by Anonymousreply 534August 8, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]Can we PLEASE stop debating this?

We're going to talk about what we want to talk about. If you don't like it, you can use ignore or scroll.

by Anonymousreply 535August 8, 2022 1:57 PM

r534, this is the link provided at r305. I'll post it again. It doesn't say "intersection," it says "street," and there is no information about the mother. So what are YOU talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536August 8, 2022 1:59 PM

R536 I can’t tell if you’re trolling or illiterate. The mother is listed right below the baby on the screenshot and it clearly says “INTERSECTION.”

by Anonymousreply 537August 8, 2022 2:01 PM

My fault, r537, I wasn't bothering to log in so I only saw the truncated thumbnail, I couldn't open it fully without a pop-up saying I had to log in. You're right, the mother's info is on the bottom half.

I still don't think "street" and "intersection" means the mother was split open like a melon and the baby, cord, placenta and all went flying into the street, while no one in any of the KTLA witness accounts mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 538August 8, 2022 2:05 PM

R533, then we would have been reading about the deaths of the people 4 cars behind. It’s a busy intersection. Someone would have died, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 539August 8, 2022 2:25 PM

So, instead of actually reading, you purposely chose to spread.misinformation, R538. Qhy don't you just head over to Fox and le ave the adults alone?

by Anonymousreply 540August 8, 2022 2:25 PM

From what I've read the baby referred to is the 1 year old who was ejected from his car seat not the fetus. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 541August 8, 2022 2:32 PM

Same, R541. But the fraus on this board are a sick bunch and obsessed with gore and it's not tragic enough for them that the poor one year old was ejected from his car seat and killed. They have to up the ante and claim that the fetus was ripped from its mother's abdomen and thrown to its death.

by Anonymousreply 542August 8, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote] But the fraus on this board are a sick bunch and obsessed with gore and it's not tragic enough for them that the poor one year old was ejected from his car seat and killed. They have to up the ante and claim that the fetus was ripped from its mother's abdomen and thrown to its death.

Why blame "fraus?"

The Daily Mail, The Sun, The National Enquirer, etc. do this every day.

It's how they sell papers!

by Anonymousreply 543August 8, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote] It's how they sell papers!

…to fraus

by Anonymousreply 544August 8, 2022 3:03 PM

“Ripped From The…”

by Anonymousreply 545August 8, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote]Qhy don't you just head over to Fox and le ave the adults alone?

"Qhy" don't you sober up?

by Anonymousreply 546August 8, 2022 3:29 PM

I want to know more about the killer nurse who walked away with a few scratches and bumps. I want to know about the boyfriend she was fighting with, too!

by Anonymousreply 547August 8, 2022 3:37 PM

Yes! We want to know whether the boyfriend’s dick was worth such carnage.

by Anonymousreply 548August 8, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote] I want to know about the boyfriend she was fighting with, too!

Now we know why he wanted out of the relationship.

She's a fucking nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 549August 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Anne Heche IS Nicole Linton!

by Anonymousreply 550August 8, 2022 4:03 PM

R550 = Julia Roberts, still stinging after losing the role of Harriet Tubman

by Anonymousreply 551August 8, 2022 4:04 PM

This accident has really amped up my anxiety while driving. The thought that someone could drunkenly run a red light, or change lanes and hit you on the freeway, is terrifying. It seems like an awful way to die and you have absolutely no control.

by Anonymousreply 552August 8, 2022 4:10 PM

Any vids of the crash shown from different angles?

by Anonymousreply 553August 8, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote]This accident has really amped up my anxiety while driving. The thought that someone could drunkenly run a red light, or change lanes and hit you on the freeway, is terrifying. It seems like an awful way to die and you have absolutely no control.

I've noticed that people think a green light provides some sort of personal armor when walking or driving.

I try to look both way when walking or driving, even if I have the green light. I try to check to see whether some idiot isn't trying to "make the light" or is not paying attention at all. I look for signs like whether they're slowing down.

I've become a lot more worried about this kind of stuff with people texting or filming/watching videos while driving.

by Anonymousreply 554August 8, 2022 4:13 PM

Why is La Brea an Avenue and not a Boulevard, like other main drags in LA? It's wide enough. It even has road dividers in places.

by Anonymousreply 555August 8, 2022 4:21 PM

R553, Good question. It seems that there should be. Gas stations (per Google, there is one at each corner of the intersection) typically have numerous cameras placed all around their pumps, property and inside at the register. There should be several alternate views.

Maybe the police declared that any footage from them can’t be released due to ongoing investigations. Either that, or the gas station owners have sold out to the highest bidder for a future TV news article.

by Anonymousreply 556August 8, 2022 4:23 PM

The nurse could be charged as early as today. $9,000,000 is her bail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557August 8, 2022 4:29 PM

Halle Berry is perfect for the role!

by Anonymousreply 558August 8, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote]Halle Berry is perfect for the role!

Don't fuck with me, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 559August 8, 2022 4:40 PM

Her bail is 9 million. She’s looking at life

by Anonymousreply 560August 8, 2022 4:40 PM

As I posted earlier, her act was egregious and willful enough to be classified as murder. Shitfaced or not, she understood the magnitude of her fateful choices that day.

Her lawyers will probably try to claim she was in a state of psychosis. It’s all they’ll have for a plausible defense. It won’t work. I don’t see how she won’t end up doing the time for the crime.

by Anonymousreply 561August 8, 2022 4:49 PM

The driver may have had an epileptic attack or something?

by Anonymousreply 562August 8, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote] Anne Heche IS Nicole Linton!

Whatever evil spirit possessed Nicole Linton took over Anne Heche shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 563August 8, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] Halle Berry is perfect for the role!

only on DL would casting for a movie of this tragedy be underway.

by Anonymousreply 564August 8, 2022 4:56 PM

I think it is quite possible for the lady’s abdomen to have burst expelling the fetus. Do you remember that motorcycle accident in LA a few months back? The rider hit a car and somersaulted to his death. In the process, his clothes came off, including his pants, and his stomach split open. Strange things happen in when a force acts on you.

by Anonymousreply 565August 8, 2022 5:07 PM

Have the identities of the other 2 fatalities been announced?

by Anonymousreply 566August 8, 2022 5:36 PM

They list the unborn baby (before the crash) as being born and died on the same day, above? How fucking awful for that whole family.

by Anonymousreply 567August 8, 2022 5:43 PM

That driver is possibly the most hated woman in America right now.

by Anonymousreply 568August 8, 2022 6:01 PM

I was sure yesterday they said her bail was $2m, maybe they increased it?

by Anonymousreply 569August 8, 2022 6:15 PM

They did ☝🏼

by Anonymousreply 570August 8, 2022 7:10 PM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 8, 2022 7:11 PM

[quote] The thought that someone could drunkenly run a red light, or change lanes and hit you on the freeway, is terrifying.

Just don't let it bother you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572August 8, 2022 7:29 PM

Prison/jail staff are going to have to put her in the deepest, darkest part of the jail or she will be Dalmered.

by Anonymousreply 573August 8, 2022 7:34 PM

Someone on shaderoom claims her mother is a CO at Lynwood and Nicole used her 2 calls to call the boyfriend, not her family.

by Anonymousreply 574August 8, 2022 7:53 PM

Do women in prison still go hard on other women who've killed kids?

by Anonymousreply 575August 8, 2022 7:55 PM

According to Lipstick Alley street justice is talked about a lot but rarely used in cases like this

by Anonymousreply 576August 8, 2022 8:00 PM

It washnt me!

by Anonymousreply 577August 8, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote]used her 2 calls to call the boyfriend, not her family.

I repeat what I said @r221

by Anonymousreply 578August 8, 2022 8:36 PM

I'm wondering if the child who was ejected from the car seat was actually buckled into the seat. Those things look like they could protect a kid during a NASA launch.

by Anonymousreply 579August 8, 2022 8:51 PM

I can not convey the utter disgust I have for this bitch as a nurse. Being a nurse use to mean being compassionate and being an example for others to respect life and never do anything to cause harm. To respect all life and treat all life with mercy and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 580August 8, 2022 8:54 PM

Before you build the gallows I'd note we don't actually know what caused the crash. Driver negligence, driver impairment (self imposed or medical ), or mechanical failure.

by Anonymousreply 581August 8, 2022 9:01 PM

R579, I wondered about that car seat, too. The car seat was thrown from the car, too. Maybe they didn’t have it strapped in properly and/or didn’t have his buckles properly adjusted. I’ve seen the little bastards wriggle at least an arm/shoulder out of them, but never a whole body.

I highly doubt they didn’t have him in it at all, though. The vast majority of parents are serious about securing their kids in car seats. We’ve all seen how things fly around during a sudden stop.

by Anonymousreply 582August 8, 2022 9:01 PM

R581, I’m not a judge or a juror; I don’t have to see every piece of evidence in order to form an opinion. I think she pulled an Aunt Diane.

If I’m wrong and somehow her accelerator got stuck, and she isn’t a raging addict with a personality disorder, I’ll be happy to admit I’m wrong.

by Anonymousreply 583August 8, 2022 9:07 PM

This is happening more frequently now. I had to get off of Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 584August 8, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote] I wondered about that car seat, too. The car seat was thrown from the car, too. Maybe they didn’t have it strapped in properly and/or didn’t have his buckles properly adjusted.

Have you ever seen those test crash videos?

Even a 30 mph crash can cause major damage.

Just think what the impact of a car speeding at 100 mph will do.

And the victims were traveling at a slow rate of speed, so they basically absorbed all the impact of the murderer's car slamming into them.

I'm surprised they didn't explode into pieces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585August 8, 2022 9:11 PM

[quote] Even a 30 mph crash can cause major damage.

Modern cars are designed to crumple on impact to adsorb the crash energy before it reaches the passenger compartment.

by Anonymousreply 586August 8, 2022 9:20 PM

Was the child seat made in China? Sadly I am not being sarcastic. Haven't you noticed how cheaply made and unsafe everything is now? No one is watching out for us, the consumers. No one is being held accountable.

by Anonymousreply 587August 8, 2022 9:20 PM

R586 - Please tell us what the victims were driving and get back with your suppositions then, right, Mr. Scientist Objective? Or watch the video before making idiotic contentions.

by Anonymousreply 588August 8, 2022 9:55 PM

Someone start a new thread!

Looks like only paid members can start new threads now.

by Anonymousreply 589August 8, 2022 9:58 PM

OK, here's PART 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590August 8, 2022 10:02 PM

Thanks, R590!

by Anonymousreply 591August 8, 2022 10:06 PM

R518 Except that she had her phone hanging out the window as she plowed into the other car.

by Anonymousreply 592August 8, 2022 10:07 PM

^ Sorry, that was meant for R581.

by Anonymousreply 593August 8, 2022 10:12 PM

R587

I read somewhere that the baby's arm was missing, and he had a laceration on his neck, and it seemed to be implied that neither was caused by hitting the pavement. If the "accident" could do that to him, then it stands to reason it could sever the restraints keeping the carseat in the car and the restraints keeping him in the seat. Regardless, if he hadn't been thrown, he likely would have died even more painfully than blunt force trauma.

Damn this woman to hell.

by Anonymousreply 594August 8, 2022 10:13 PM

Even dead, missing arms, and thrown like a football across blocks of traffic in primarily black south central LA-Vadge and Angelina still woulda adopted the dead black fetus because it is the right thing to do! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 595August 8, 2022 10:51 PM

[R585] Thanks for the link. Fascinating and well made video. Of course it only has 145k views, compared to the millions of views I'm sure the video of the accident has by now. If only American drivers were interested in the physics of crashes as much as the fiery dramatics, we might all feel a little safer.

by Anonymousreply 596August 8, 2022 11:40 PM

According to this LA Times article, CHP identified 13 prior car accidents that Nicole caused, which lays the foundation of the DA’s case that she knew her reckless driving endangered others

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597August 8, 2022 11:47 PM

[quote]Someone on shaderoom claims her mother is a CO at Lynwood

What is a CO?

by Anonymousreply 598August 9, 2022 12:18 AM

I don't see the part about 13 prior accidents

by Anonymousreply 599August 9, 2022 12:18 AM

R597- And now many people have lost their lives. Infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 600August 9, 2022 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!