Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reardon Boarding House Needs a Deep Cleaning

You think my farmhouse is dirty?!? Go take a look at the Reardon Boarding House!

I doubt even Ada and her dish rag could get that place spic 'n' span. Lucinda's white gloves would be black after just a few minutes in that dirt trap.

Don't know exactly what Bea and her kids have been doing, but dusting, mopping and cleaning certainly isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 238September 1, 2022 10:07 PM

No wonder Roger Thorpe hid out there. He felt right at home in all that dirt!

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2022 10:19 PM

Should I send Gunther over to lend a hand with the cleaning?

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2022 10:20 PM

Emma Snyder, you tramp, you’re one to talk. Your home is a monument to squalor, not much better than the sty in which you keep your pigs for slaughter.

Your children have questionable morals so it is fitting for them to live like pigs.

My home is immaculate, from the plastic covered sofa to the fake fruit in the bowl on the coffee table. It is a testament to my discipline and skill as a homemaker.

I suggest you spend less time trying to date your granddaughter’s grandfather, and spend more time cleaning your house and turning a hose on your feral children when they are fornicating out back like a couple of dogs.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2022 11:22 PM

Nobody cares what you think, Colleen!

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2022 12:50 AM

Well, I don't mind if Holden's a little dirty when he comes over to visit.....

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2022 12:52 AM

I'll be over after dark, Hank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2022 5:27 PM

Well, I'll be dropping by the Reardon place to see Tony later tonight. He's got one fine karate kick!

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2022 5:30 PM

Well, SOMEONE needs to eat Kelly Nelson's ass.

That's one fine peach, and none of the boys in town or over at Laurel Falls are paying it any mind!

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2022 5:33 PM

Kelly,

My wife is off in St. Tropez for the rest of the summer

I've got this big swimming pool off the terrace that I hardly ever get a chance to use. If you'd like to come over and have a dip in the pool, perhaps catch some rays I'd be happy to host you.

I hear you're an expert in the pool, so maybe you could give me some pointers on my backstroke.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2022 6:01 PM

The Sonni Solita Saga in Seven Minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2022 6:02 PM

Alan Spaulding Slaps Phillip Spaulding! Christopher Bernau & Grant Alexander

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2022 6:06 PM

Dear Mr. Bancroft,

Thanks for your kind invitation. I've heard of your sizable.....business interests, and I would welcome a chance to catch some rays while we talk. I could really use some deep....mentoring.

Regards, Dr. Kelly Nelson Laurel Falls

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2022 6:14 PM

Who is Mr Bancroft?

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2022 11:21 PM

R13, Mr. Bancroft is some old queen from Bay City.

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2022 11:42 PM

I loved Guiding Light. Thank you for posting.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2022 12:00 AM

Brian Bancroft is under "DoubleDigitDaddy" on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2022 3:25 AM

What are you on about?

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2022 3:27 AM

Brian, Louise is complaining about always having to clean the pool because of your "guests"

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2022 3:34 AM

Liz Matthews & Ada Hobson want to make it clear - they are just friends with Brian Bancroft, nothing romantic is going on with either of them

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2022 3:37 AM

Bea Reardon lets some pretty sketchy characters in that house.

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2022 3:39 AM

I sold my favorite beauty secret at Company!!

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2022 4:03 AM

I’m going to do my business on the floor and blame it on ole Lucy!

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2022 4:06 AM

Oh hush.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2022 2:31 PM

R11, usually when Phillip was slapped, Grant would just hold mostly still and Phillip would behave as if the slap didn't really hurt him; then, he'd calmly say to the woman who hit him something like 'I understand you're upset; let's talk about this later.'

Brilliant choice. It'd make the character be MORE furious with Phillip, but he really took the hit from Alan; I believe Reva had the oomph to make his head turn too.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2022 2:43 PM

case in point: go to 1:45 or so.

Chelsea's furious with Phillip but she doesn't have the physical strength to take down the almighty Phillip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2022 2:44 PM

Poor Chris. He must have been tormented by the Pendulous One. And John Bolger was stunning in his own way.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2022 2:46 PM

R26, GL wasn't ready to write out Phillip and Bolger did a good job -- as best anyone could. But Grant's irreplaceable. I would have preferred him in a different role.

He'd moan for Beth like a wounded Basset hound "Beeeethhhh...."

The best Christmas gift of 1986 was Phillip (Grant) strolling into the Spaulding living room, wearing a tux, calling Dorie 'Squirt,' kissing Aunt Alex, and reclaiming his place as heir apparent.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2022 2:50 PM

OP, I just climbed off the Cory jet after a spur-of-the-moment trip to Springfield to see my old friend, Vera. While there, I stayed at the old Reardon boarding house -- they call it Company these days. Well! I can't quite recommend it now that it's changed hands. Those Coopers are a nice enough bunch, but they know squat about keeping their spaces clean. I and my dish rag cleaned that place from top to bottom; I even invited myself into their kitchen to help out. Their father, Buzz, was always too busy talking and macking on the ladies to keep his establishment clean.

That's why I'm here.

Next month, I'm taking a detour into the Mid-Atlantic states and heading to see some old friends in Llanview, PA. People tell me that Dorian Lord's hoity-toity French mansion hasn't been cleaned well since Carlotta Vega stopped working for her.

After that, I'll head up to Monticello to hang out with Geraldine Whitney. Don't know how much cleaning will get done. We have lots of catching up to do....

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2022 7:48 PM

Come clean my toilets!

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2022 9:45 PM

Connie Ford dated Louise Fitzhugh, the author of Harriet The Spy? Never knew that, I didn’t know Connie was linked to anyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2022 1:47 AM

Miss Carole Shelley as Iris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2022 4:23 AM

Connie Ford ate lots of pussy back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2022 9:31 AM

I had lotsh of wine back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] I didn’t know Connie was linked to anyone.

Many were the lovely rugs our Connie dined upon.

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2022 11:31 PM

Robert Newman’s farewell video for the fans of Y&R. He refers to his former show as THE Guiding Light, bless him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2022 11:37 PM

I’m STILL not over them dropping THE from TGL.

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2022 11:50 PM

Currently watching January 1993. Maureen just died. A storyline running concurrently is Harley discovering that her father isn't dead. He's among the missing.

For years I've seen posts that believe Maureen was killed so that GL could pay Justin Deas to be Buzz. I don't know about that; I doubt Ellen Parker made anywhere near Deas's salary. Yet, the show had sprung a leak by that point -- losing Beverlee McKinsey, Sherry Stringfield, Kimberly Simms and Jeff Phillips within that six-month period. Bev's salary alone was probably more than enough to pay Deas. If his Emmys commanded more money than Bev's check, the rest of the cash could have been dug up from the remaining freed-up salaries (I doubt Keifer was getting all of Stringfield's salary when she took over as Blake).

Poor Ellen was probably going to be cut no matter who came on the show.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2022 2:02 PM

Ada dear,

You're likely right. Much was also made of focus groups rating Maureen very low and this is a more likely cause as the corporate suits came in and started numbers crunching.

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote]I doubt Keifer was getting all of Stringfield's salary when she took over as Blake.

I don't know about that.

Sherry Stringfield started on GL just a few weeks after she graduated from SUNY Purchase. GL was her first paid acting job. She would have been making the bare minimum that the union allowed for newbies. Maybe a smidgen more.

On the other hand, by the time Liz Kiefer started on GL in 1992, she had already had a contract role on OLTL as Connie O'Neil from 1984-86. She'd also had recurring roles on Y&R (as Angela Lawrence) and on GH (as Sister Mary Camilla McKay).

I would imagine that Keifer was getting significantly more to play Blake than Stringfield did.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2022 10:29 PM

[quote] Sherry Stringfield started on GL just a few weeks after she graduated from SUNY Purchase. GL was her first paid acting job. She would have been making the bare minimum that the union allowed for newbies. Maybe a smidgen more.

Should be said that Stringfield contract expired right in the middle of the Blake/Ross/Holly storyline - and she wanted to leave the minute her contract expired.

TPTB convinced Sherry to stay six extra weeks to properly write her out, so that "smidgen more" would probably be doubled to convince her to stick around those last six weeks,

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2022 10:39 PM

Dearest Liz, you may be right that Keifer wasn't bottom lined.

But she hadn't quite set the soap world on fire with her other roles. I'm sure she got more than entry level...but maybe not so much more that they had to boot Ellen Parker to the curb to pay her salary!

by Anonymousreply 41July 30, 2022 12:39 AM

WHET Sherry Stringfield?

by Anonymousreply 42July 30, 2022 9:35 PM

Come back to the five and dime, Sherry Stringfield, Sherry Stringfield!

She was supposed to be on a Locher Room episode but cancelled last minute.

by Anonymousreply 43July 30, 2022 9:38 PM

Guiding Light - There's Always More To Come

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 30, 2022 9:48 PM

Frank Grillo was on with Alan today promoting his new film Paradise Highway. Morgan Freeman and Juliette Binoche are also starring? They must have both been blackmailed into doing it. Grillo’s always in rock bottom action shit, isn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 45July 30, 2022 11:42 PM

Sorry, here’s a link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 30, 2022 11:44 PM

I've sent Mrs. Reardon a case of my favorite cleanser, Comet.

Helga will stop by next week to help. But remember, if you're going to polish the floor, you have to MOVE the tree.

And please, have Tony pick up all of his underwear before she arrives.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote] Grillo’s always in rock bottom action shit

For the most part. I was surprised to see he was doing a Locher Room. A few years ago around the time he had a role in that Captain America, movie, he would get snippy with people on social media who would mention his soap past.

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2022 2:30 AM

Locher was very careful to limit the conversation re: GL. He didn’t even ask him stuff like what his memories were of working with Michael Zaslow.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2022 3:00 AM

Unlike most interviews Alan does, I believe that was pretaped.

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2022 3:40 AM

Damn you people for posting these old GL clips! I find them so mysteriously compelling. Tracking down and watching the entire arc of the "Farewell, My Friend" series (killing off Maureen) on YouTube kept me up until the wee hours a few weeks ago. Not tonight, Satan! Not tonight!

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2022 4:05 AM

I wish there was a site that had good quality GL episodes - YT is OK but so much is missing.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2022 4:09 AM

You don't know where Ada's dish rag has been......

by Anonymousreply 53August 2, 2022 12:54 AM

For those of you who haven't heard, we just lost Days of Our Lives. Sort of.

NBC is cancelling Days and moving it exclusively to its Peacock streaming service effective Sept. 12. So, the show will continue, for now, just not on network TV.

That means we're down to three soaps on network TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 3, 2022 10:46 PM

Yes, R54. The Canadians are very upset about it.

by Anonymousreply 55August 4, 2022 2:40 AM

If Ellen wasn't cut to pay for Justin then Maureen's killing is even more insane.

They'd lost Beverlee and Sheree and Kimberly -- they want to lose Maureen by choice?

I don't think many soap producers know what a soap is. It's about FAMILY.

Ellen was filling the role of the late Bert Bauer. She was the matriarch. Even the shot of her (and Ed) was as of a photo in the opening credits while everyone else was moving....Ed and Maureen were supposed to be the stable couple.

That said, I found the shows leading up to her death and aftermath/funeral were brilliantly written, acted, and directed. The show fell short on not having any old-timers back -- Rick, Chelsea, Phillip; most importantly, Mike and Hope. Elvera Roussel as Hope could have stuck around and helped Ed raise Michelle and frown on inappropriate potential future wives.

Also, the show could have used the Ellen-money to bring back Claire Ramsey, Michelle's birth mother, played by Susan Pratt. Maybe do a story where Fletcher COULD have fathered Michelle; (he and Holly had a baby, Meg, later, did they not?)

Ellen may or may not have been canned to free up money for Justin but the timing sure looks sus.

by Anonymousreply 56August 4, 2022 3:37 AM

if you speak to the writers - they defend killing off Maureen - by doing so it spun all the characters into new storylines

and her death won the writing team the emmy

by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2022 3:46 AM

It won Ellen an Emmy, too; I'm not saying it wasn't great drama.

But GL more than other soaps, was about FAMILY.

Maureen's death should have rippled into the Bauer family; we didn't even get Rick back for the funeral.

When Claire finally did come back in 1999, she claimed that she tried to visit Michelle after Maureen died but Ed wouldn't let her.

That. Never. Happened.

Its only logical that Claire would try to re-enter Michelle's life immediately after Maureen's death; the show could have easily done a Fletcher/Claire/Ed/Holly quadrangle after Maureen died.

Maureen's funeral was also missing all the Reardons. There was a passing mention of the Reardons mourning Moe over at the boarding house. No. We should have seen Bea and Nola and Tony with Ed. Lay the seeds of someone being suspicious, overhearing a stray comment from Lillian.

One of my favorite parts of the aftermath of Maureen's death was Ed telling Vanessa; I try not to imagine how much you must hate me.

Vanessa reminded Ed that she knew him when she was young and selfish (she attempted suicide to get Ross' attention, I think?) and you never throw that up at me.

THAT is a great use of history.

Instead of Claire and Hope, we got Justin Deas coming on to the scene; he ate more scenery than Reva did during the fountain episode.

by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2022 4:21 AM

It would have been interesting to bring Rita back briefly in 1993, instead of killing off Maureen. She would have immediately driven a wedge between Holly and Roger, as well as Maureen and Ed. Holly and Ed would be reminded of the rape, and Maureen would stay loyal to her friend Roger, leading to conflict. Rita’s reappearance would impact Blake and Ross, too. Alex could have used her to cause trouble for Roger.

And of course, Rita could return with twins she claimed were Ed’s, a boy and a girl (who could get involved with Hart).

Maybe it could turn out that Rita and Billy had been involved at some point offscreen, leading Vanessa and Nadine to team up to conspire against her.

I wouldn’t have kept her onscreen for more than a year or so, but Rita is a character that could have ignited more storyline than Maureen’s death ever did.

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2022 4:43 AM

R59, Lenore Kasdorf was probably the ONLY ex-SB actor who didn't come to GL under Jill's reign!

Kidding, of course, but by 1993, GL had Marj, Justin, Marcy, that guy who played Bunny. others...

by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2022 7:00 AM

Supposedly Lenore was approached about returning at some point by either the EP at the time or writers - I can't remember who was doing what when but it was post Pam Long so either in the Curlee era or in JFP time. (Lenore talked about this in an interview at some point)

I think Lenore, writers, EP, and Zaslow were all interested in revisiting a story with Rita - but GL had sort of slightly whitewashed Roger's history by really focusing on Roger/Holly (and not talking about the other women he raped) so either PGP or CBS put a kibosh on further explorations of that idea.

I know viewers wanted Olivia to be Ed and Rita's baby - or Roger and Rita's - but I have no idea if that was ever explored.

by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2022 2:17 PM

A pertient comment from the Vulture link above

[quote] The thing about P&G when it comes to soap opera instead of soap suds is that they refuse to go to the dance. Once again, the word from the Cincinnati-based conglomerate is 'No thank you.' They have literally said they are no longer in the soap opera business. Why they want to sit on warehouses full of tapes of soaps is everyone else's question! The Irnaverse could be again alive!

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]Why they want to sit on warehouses full of tapes of soaps is everyone else's question! The Irnaverse could be again alive!

Do such warehouses, and such tapes, actually exist? I thought P&G taped over their tapes as the years rolled on.

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2022 2:22 PM

Supposedly all shows after 1979 are saved.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2022 2:25 PM

Alan Locher made a troubling post on social media today....said that no one is minding the store so to speak, where those tapes are for P&G are unknown.

They may have been destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2022 9:03 PM

42 years ago today, Texas premiered.

Sorry...

TEXAS! Starring Beverlee McKinsey!

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2022 12:25 AM

[quote]42 years ago today, Texas premiered.

Thanks for the reminder, r66.

Hard to fathom how that was 42 years ago. And I remember watching the debut episode live!

by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2022 12:56 AM

The gal who played Terry Dekker was hot looking (she was a Broadway dancer) but couldn’t act.

I thought it was cute how the gal playing Dawn Marshall pronounced “Dennis” as “Dinnis.”

The guy playing Clipper Curtis (Scott Stevenson) was well known in the Broadway community for being a world class cockteaser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2022 2:24 AM

R65, that's so sad; I've been paying monthly for a Public Storage space that has boxes and boxes of VHS tapes from the 80s and 90s.

Part of me thinks I'm nuts to keep the tapes but on the other, someday, when I have enough $ I'll get them all transferred to digital and put them up on a youtube channel; I've got mostly ATWT and GL from 86 on...I don't have a TON but I have some.

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2022 5:03 AM

R69 please please please if you ever find GL Sept/Oct 87 when Pam Long starts writing the show again, post it somewhere or make copies!

Some dear soul found an episode or two and posted it here but it was dubbed in Eyetalian. 😭

by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2022 4:59 PM

Not our Anne!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2022 10:29 PM

Oh that’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2022 11:50 PM

That clit licker Anne Heche is a MESS! Where is Anna Banana Stuart when you need her?

by Anonymousreply 73August 6, 2022 11:50 AM

R70, that's one of my favorite eras. After a horrible year plus, GL was BACK.

Sadly, that's around the time I moved to LA and lived without a VCR till about January. I do have some and if I find them and can, I'll post.

You have great taste.

by Anonymousreply 74August 6, 2022 2:21 PM

Colleen Zenk Pinter was just on a "webcast" and she says she knows for a FACT

That P&G have destroyed their entire library of Soaps

From Edge of Night to Search for Tomorrow to Guiding Light to As The World Turns

Once they decided to get out of the soap business, they destroyed every single copy of every single episode of every single Soap Opera they owned

What a WASTE as content is in HIGH demand

by Anonymousreply 75August 6, 2022 9:52 PM

Ugh, fuck, that's terrible. But not unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 76August 6, 2022 10:30 PM

Coll was prolly drunk. Pay no attention to her.

by Anonymousreply 77August 7, 2022 2:12 AM

Link to the webcast where Colleen said this?

by Anonymousreply 78August 7, 2022 3:25 AM

That's bizarre. Who at P&G would be in charge and want to do that????

I really need to dig out those VHS tapes and get them digitized.

by Anonymousreply 79August 7, 2022 5:29 AM

R78 I don't have it and haven't heard it but I'm assuming at the moment that Colleen participated in the Trent Dawson fundraiser thing for his theater. It was billed as an ATWT reunion. It was supposed to be taped and they'll send you a copy for $15.

by Anonymousreply 80August 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Colleen - 2X dui driver is to be believed?????

by Anonymousreply 81August 7, 2022 8:58 PM

fcrifbirb

by Anonymousreply 82August 8, 2022 3:37 AM

R80, we ordered all those tapes and erased them!

by Anonymousreply 83August 8, 2022 5:52 AM

Since Anne Heche and Jensen Buchanan have both been in serious accidents while having some drinky drinky, we need to watch Wheeler's ass closely.

Seems like all the Vicky Marley's go off the drunken edge sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 84August 8, 2022 8:09 PM

I could alwaysh drink Cryshtal C. under the tablesh.

by Anonymousreply 85August 8, 2022 11:43 PM

Anne Heche serving up some fried snatch tonight!

by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2022 1:04 AM

nein

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2022 3:15 AM

R84, Cynthia Watros had a DUI, I think. During LOST?

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2022 4:07 AM

Many soap people have had dui’s. Ms Zenk has had 2!!!!

by Anonymousreply 89August 9, 2022 11:13 AM

(((((BELCH)))))

'Scuse me! That Venezia really hit the spot!

by Anonymousreply 90August 9, 2022 2:30 PM

As seen on another website's comments, regarding the use of reusable grocery bags:

[quote] I'm sure Bert (Bauer) always remembered to bring a reusable bag. She planned ahead, unlike those lazy hussies like Holly and Rita.

by Anonymousreply 91August 9, 2022 6:33 PM

What did that vinegary Helen Wagner think of Colleen’s dui’s?

by Anonymousreply 92August 9, 2022 7:39 PM

Helen thought Colleen was a drunk tramp who didn’t live up to the Hughes family name.

by Anonymousreply 93August 9, 2022 7:48 PM

What did Bert think of Reva Shayne Lewis?

Did they ever have a scene together? I know Bert had all those scenes with Josh helping him learn to walk again after his accident. But did Reva and Bert ever do a scene together?

by Anonymousreply 94August 9, 2022 7:50 PM

Happy Beverlee McKinsey's birthday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 9, 2022 8:55 PM

R94 I have no memory of one. I'm sure they had a moment in passing somewhere.

Kim played her, of course, on the 70th anniversary show.

by Anonymousreply 96August 9, 2022 9:41 PM

In other P&G News

Paul Michael Valley (Ryan - Another World) announced on his Facebook Page - he has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer

Here is his statement

"Hey Folks. I received some bad news regarding my health. I was diagnosed with lung cancer 6 weeks ago. Surgery is slated for this Thursday the 11th. I am lucky. I was offered a CT scan in my annual check-up and I said "sure". They caught it early. But I am also lucky in the amazing family and friends that have supported me. Wish me well and hopefully, see you soon!"

by Anonymousreply 97August 9, 2022 10:17 PM

Oh fuck. I hope he recovers.

I hope David Forsyth is better these days, too.

by Anonymousreply 98August 9, 2022 10:19 PM

Just spotted Rhonda Lewin being arrested for loitering with intent.

by Anonymousreply 99August 9, 2022 10:55 PM

Who's Rhonda Lewin?

by Anonymousreply 100August 9, 2022 11:04 PM

Margie, hold my beer.

by Anonymousreply 101August 9, 2022 11:33 PM

R99, you kill me.

by Anonymousreply 102August 9, 2022 11:56 PM

Who elsesh hash more DUIsh than Emmysh? F U Helen Wangersh

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2022 12:00 AM

Who's Margie Impert?

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2022 2:46 AM

[quote]Who's Margie Impert?

Margie Impert couldn't get arrested for pretending to be Rachel Davis Matthews Clark.

by Anonymousreply 105August 10, 2022 7:36 AM

R84 Isn't Ellen Wheeler Mormon?

by Anonymousreply 106August 10, 2022 8:26 AM

R106 She is indeed, but those repressed types will hit the sauce even harder

by Anonymousreply 107August 10, 2022 2:19 PM

Wheeler was a friggen MESS! Totally inept for the job.

by Anonymousreply 108August 10, 2022 6:55 PM

Shhhh

by Anonymousreply 109August 10, 2022 7:11 PM

Circa 1993 I would have needed both David Forsyth and Paul Michael Valley in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 110August 10, 2022 7:20 PM

I lol’d at Kim Zimmer telling stories about Ellen Wheeler in her book. Ellen cried everyday. Man up Ellen and be an EP. No wonder the show failed drastically under crybaby Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 111August 10, 2022 8:37 PM

If there's time to lean there's time to clean! C'mon, you lazy hussies!

by Anonymousreply 112August 10, 2022 9:16 PM

The episode where Reva drives her car off the bridge

The famous "I'm coming Bud"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 10, 2022 9:31 PM

R100 Rhonda lewin played vicky on another world for a hot second in between Heche and Wheeler.

by Anonymousreply 114August 10, 2022 11:18 PM

That question wasn't literal, hon.

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2022 12:28 AM

Robert Newman looked FINE in this era (see the last few moments)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2022 12:44 AM

Why didn’t the salty and vinegary Helen Wagner ever get nominated for an Emmy? They gave her and 9 others a consolation Emmy. You get one! You get one! You get one just for being on a show for 50 years. Bitch never won one on her own.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2022 1:41 AM

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2022 3:47 AM

Trying to imagine Anne Heche as Lily Walsh. Or Meg Snyder.

Can't.

by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2022 1:50 PM

I think she would have made a great Meg.

by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2022 9:36 PM

Oh no! Henry Chamberlin was caught at the Springfield Rest Area.

by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2022 9:53 PM

Robyn Griggs (Maggie, AW) is in hospice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122August 11, 2022 10:42 PM

And Anne Heche isn't expected to survive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 12, 2022 3:41 AM

Those AW actresses are dropping fast. Has anyone checked in on Miss Vicky Wyndham?

by Anonymousreply 124August 12, 2022 8:38 AM

Poor Anna Banana.

by Anonymousreply 125August 12, 2022 1:49 PM

I hope Anne remembers Anna Banana in her will. Afterall, Anna gave Anne her first vibrator.

by Anonymousreply 126August 12, 2022 3:43 PM

Anne more than deserved her Emmy that year. (But Anna Stuart deserved at least 10)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 12, 2022 5:35 PM

It's a shame that Anne Heche is going to be best remembered for shacking up with Ellen for three years.

Her movie career may not have been as spectacular as it should have been, but she was phenomenal during her four years in Bay City. Glad we soap fans have those memories of her.

by Anonymousreply 128August 12, 2022 5:40 PM

Anne was one of Another World's brighter stars during its declining years. When I think of Vicky/Marley, it's always her face I remember.

I wonder if Locher will bring this up? He tries so hard to keep things light.

by Anonymousreply 129August 12, 2022 6:53 PM

If only he could talk to her again, just one more time....

"Anne, do you remember your first day?"

by Anonymousreply 130August 12, 2022 7:49 PM

I admire what Alan has been doing for the past two years. Have thoroughly enjoyed many of his interviews. I really appreciate him putting all the time and effort into arranging these interviews.

That said, Alan is always so ignorant about Another World. I don't know the he would even immediately make the connection between Anne Heche and AW.

He knows more about AMC, OLTL and GH than he does about AW. And yet he worked for P&G as a publicist.! Granted AW was not one of the shows he did publicity for, but it just seems like you would pick up some AW knowledge by osmosis.

I mean, just by reading the soap mags, you pick up on some of these things. I didn't watch Y&R or B&B in the 1980s and 1990s, but I knew who some of the stars were and what some of the big storylines were because of the soap rags.

And he had access to lots of industry gossip! Surely AW got discussed.

by Anonymousreply 131August 12, 2022 8:01 PM

The 2 Alan’s should team up. Alan Locher and “influencer” or so he thinks - Alan Sarapa. That would be 1 huge disaster.

by Anonymousreply 132August 12, 2022 9:50 PM

Frankly, I always expected Kim Zimmer to drive into a house and set it on fire.

by Anonymousreply 133August 13, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote] Frankly, I always expected Kim Zimmer to drive into a house and set it on fire.

No, Kim Zimmer just drove the car over the bridge

"I'm coming Bud"

by Anonymousreply 134August 13, 2022 1:26 AM

Good point r133.

by Anonymousreply 135August 13, 2022 1:35 AM

And where is and HOW is Ellen Wheller doing these days? Jensen, Anne . . ... .

by Anonymousreply 136August 13, 2022 1:36 AM

R136 Ellen works for Right-Wing Commentator Glenn Beck

by Anonymousreply 137August 13, 2022 1:44 AM

Joanna Going on Twitter:

[quote] I had the honor of working with Anne Heche, on “Another World”. We had enormous fun as rivals onscreen & a lovely friendship off screen. She was a breathtaking star right out of the box & an extraordinary woman. My deepest condolences to her family, friends, & co-workers

by Anonymousreply 138August 13, 2022 3:57 AM

Russell Todd on Instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 13, 2022 4:00 AM

Icky Vicky - get out! Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 140August 13, 2022 4:21 AM

by Anonymousreply 141August 13, 2022 4:34 AM

Has Anna Banana Stuart commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 142August 13, 2022 11:03 AM

Post on FB. His name is Christopher Clarens:

I was the production designer of Another World when Anne began her stint as Vicky/Marley. She was very young but her immense talent was evident from the get-go.

To say she was over-used and over-worked is an understatement. 12 hour days, day after day, 5 different directors with 5 different personalities and 5 different directing styles. It would be hard for anyone much less a young, inexperienced actress. I know she started a relationship with one of the female producers of the show and that she was always kind and well behaved with the cast and crew. She left the show exhausted and frayed when she could no longer handle it. I always liked her. This is a terrible tragedy. Period.

by Anonymousreply 143August 13, 2022 8:09 PM

Interesting that she apparently had a lesbian relationship before Ellen. Didn’t she always say Ellen was her first female lover?

by Anonymousreply 144August 13, 2022 8:10 PM

I'm sure there have been many soap stars in gay/lez relationships that we just never knew. Not everyone was visibly butch from space like our Connie Ford or Sue Flannery.

by Anonymousreply 145August 13, 2022 11:41 PM

Don't look at me, R145.

by Anonymousreply 146August 14, 2022 7:40 AM

Nor me.

by Anonymousreply 147August 14, 2022 6:19 PM

It comes in threes. Anne Heche, Robyn Griggs. Which AW actor is about to meet their maker?

by Anonymousreply 148August 14, 2022 7:50 PM

Ray Liotta already did, R148. There's your three.

by Anonymousreply 149August 14, 2022 7:51 PM

I'm sure Cynthia Watros has lapped at a labia or two.

by Anonymousreply 150August 14, 2022 7:55 PM

R149 So nobody who was on AW will die because we had the three?

by Anonymousreply 151August 14, 2022 8:46 PM

We need Beverly Penberthy’s gay nephew to check in. Is Beverly ok?

by Anonymousreply 152August 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Tribute to Anne Heche

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 14, 2022 10:09 PM

Has FATSO Casey Hutchison commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 154August 14, 2022 11:53 PM

I wonder if Anna Banana’s autobiography will have to be altered now.

by Anonymousreply 155August 14, 2022 11:59 PM

Does Anna Banana want her dildo back?

by Anonymousreply 156August 15, 2022 4:40 AM

Jessica Klein, former ATWT head writer, is dead to us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 15, 2022 4:41 AM

Klein was the first permanent ATWT head writer after the disaster of Black & Stern's 1996. Fans thought she was trying to re-create Melrose Place.

by Anonymousreply 158August 15, 2022 12:20 PM

Thirty years ago this month/week that the news of Beverlee McKinsey taping her last GL scene and then leaving was all over the magazines.

I remember seeing it on the cover of Weekly and GASPING with my hand to my neck, grasping imaginary pearls.

by Anonymousreply 159August 15, 2022 4:54 PM

More on Anne Heche, from Sandra Ferguson - now Sandra Dee Robinson on Facebook

[quote] Anne Heche's first network TV show was Another World. It was mine, too. We auditioned and screen tested the same day. I remember being in awe of her because she seemed fearless in her choices, both in her work and in her life. (I was the opposite.) It took me years of learning to be kind to myself, and understanding that Fear is in everyone, and it serves a valuable purpose of keeping us safe. It is our decision just how much influence we give this part of ourselves called Fear. Getting "rid" of it (like as in stage fright) is impossible, but respectfully controlling it can be mastered. I lost touch with Anne many years ago. I realize now she wasn't fearless. No one actually is. Her ability to not let Fear stand in her way gave us the opportunity to enjoy full expression of her talent in every role she took. She was great at her craft. Prayers to her sons and family.

by Anonymousreply 160August 16, 2022 9:56 PM

La Logan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 16, 2022 10:20 PM

Toby Poser on an upcoming Locher Room

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2022 3:30 PM

That nutjob KooKoosadora is defending Anne Heche’s actions. Jesus. Anne destroyed a home. Unforgiveable. I hope that woman sues Heche’s estate.

by Anonymousreply 163August 19, 2022 8:01 AM

La la la

by Anonymousreply 164August 19, 2022 2:15 PM

But has anyone checked on Anna Banana? I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 165August 21, 2022 12:19 AM

Yes r165, someone's checked on Anna and written about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 21, 2022 12:34 AM

[quote]We old-timey soap fans will rave about her Emmy-winning work as Vicky & Marley on #AnotherWorld until we no longer care about magic.

Thank you, Michael Logan.

by Anonymousreply 167August 21, 2022 12:37 AM

Thanks for posting that, R166.

by Anonymousreply 168August 21, 2022 12:54 AM

Anna Banana wants her vibrator back from Anne’s estate.

by Anonymousreply 169August 21, 2022 1:57 AM

The famous episode from 1988 where Iva Snyder asks a guy out

and he replies "Iva. I'm gay"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 21, 2022 2:02 AM

I just picked up a bunch of Soap Opera Digests from the magazine exchange table at the library. The whole thing is so sad. The same kind of "journalism" as 25 years ago. All happy talk. A piece on Susan Batten returning to daytime which doesn't even mention her time on ATWT. Not one thing about anything that happened in soaps beyond a few years ago. No wonder the genre is dead.

by Anonymousreply 171August 21, 2022 12:47 PM

R171 Yep. The genre never took itself seriously, so no one else did, either.

Some of the interviews done for SOD and the like are the same kind of things the fan mags were doing in the 70s!

by Anonymousreply 172August 21, 2022 3:37 PM

Soap Opera Digest was always a love letter to the genre. I think they figured that being nice would get them access, and it worked. There used to be a site that published scans of old soap magazines like Daytime TV and those reviews were brutal. I think his name was Paul Denis or something like that and he would hold nothing back. If a show sucked, he said so.

by Anonymousreply 173August 21, 2022 3:42 PM

Weekly was critical in the beginning, the closest we ever had to a legit pub despite Mimi's spoilers and a tabloid look.

But then they got rid of all of that and just made it a more tabloid style Digest. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 174August 21, 2022 3:44 PM

I recall Diva Von Dish being pretty brutal and funny back in the day. "Miss Ellie, you find the wearing of a housecoat to every formal family gathering appropriate -- I do not! I saw what you wore to Pam and Bobby's wedding. DId you want to be there?"

When RKK got canned from DAYS as Bo, they quoted him as saying 'anyone who tells you daytime is a family is blowing smoke up your' ass.

Soap Opera NOW! was pretty good and Soap Opera Weekly was too -- but looking back it gave WAY too much story away.

Cooperation is key for coverage and mags weren't going to get it if they trashed or even constructively criticized the shows.

What's sad about today's surviving mag is that it doesn't even try. When Michael Tylo died, did they even try to get comments from Lisa Brown? Doesn't appear as if they did. But they did run a quote from Kate Linder off Instagram.

There are no 'think' pieces in the magazines, analyzing trends, delving into issues. Wonder how in depth their coverage will be of Anne Heche's passing.

by Anonymousreply 175August 21, 2022 6:00 PM

I proudly have not read or bought a Soap Opera Digest in 25 years. I subscribed from 84-97.

by Anonymousreply 176August 21, 2022 8:18 PM

Soap Hub's critique of DAYS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 22, 2022 4:02 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, knows EVERYTHING! Literally everything.

by Anonymousreply 178August 22, 2022 5:57 AM

Was Uncle Stavros gay? He stayed in everyone's business, yet, had no wife nor children of his own as far as I can tell. Was there a tragic backstory I missed? Or was Stavros a big ole nelly queen -- hiding in plain sight?

by Anonymousreply 179August 22, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote] When Michael Tylo died, did they even try to get comments from Lisa Brown?

I thought they did and published them.

by Anonymousreply 180August 23, 2022 1:47 AM

But honestly, they don't run much about the "vintage" shows any more. They did for a while, but now they almost never do.

by Anonymousreply 181August 23, 2022 1:47 AM

[quote] There are no 'think' pieces in the magazines

That's because Moo Moo Hinsey and her blathering nonsense gets a two page spread, and that's all they have room to print.

by Anonymousreply 182August 23, 2022 2:08 AM

I haven’t bought a Soap Opera Digest since OLTL went off the air. Is Moo Moo Hinsey really still there? Thank God I haven’t seen her shit printed. She’s a fat drunk idiot.

by Anonymousreply 183August 23, 2022 2:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 184August 23, 2022 3:44 AM

R180, no. SOD had an Instagram quote from Linder.

One of the sites got Lisa Brown.

And, now she's gone too. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 185August 23, 2022 4:20 AM

Has Maeve Kinkead released a statement about Nelson Branco yet?

by Anonymousreply 186August 23, 2022 10:54 AM

by Anonymousreply 187August 23, 2022 2:03 PM

I knew Frank Grillo wasn’t that ashamed of his soap past. At all.

by Anonymousreply 188August 24, 2022 12:35 AM

Scoche Marin (Katherine Chancellor, Y&R) was Lee Philip Bell’s guest at the Daytime Emmys when Dougie D. slugged Nellie Branco. Scoche and Michelle S. had to run to the ladies room to take care of their church giggles.

by Anonymousreply 189August 24, 2022 12:58 AM

Not surprisingly, when Douggie punched or choked Nellie, no one came to Nellie’s rescue. They all stood around and laughed.

by Anonymousreply 190August 24, 2022 1:58 AM

by Anonymousreply 191August 24, 2022 3:24 AM

Anyway....

by Anonymousreply 192August 24, 2022 3:26 AM

Another month, another Robert Newman Locher Room.

And we all know a certain former co-star will magically appear, wine glass in hand, during the episode.

by Anonymousreply 193August 24, 2022 2:08 PM

When? Maybe he'll talk about how shitty his time at Y&R was.

by Anonymousreply 194August 24, 2022 2:36 PM

I always found Chris Bernau incredibly sexy. Whenever he went in for a kiss, you could see his tongue getting ready to plunge in. It always gave me a party in my pants to see that.

by Anonymousreply 195August 24, 2022 3:15 PM

How....very nice for you, R195.

It does amuse me a little to think of big, muscly Grant tormenting Chris one day when Chris asked him where he was and Grant told him the name of some gay club. Chris clearly had a party in HIS pants for the Pendulous One.

by Anonymousreply 196August 24, 2022 3:20 PM

I hope Grant didn't know the effect he was having on Chris; that's kind of cruel in a way.

There are some memorable scenes between those two actors; in the summer of 1987, Phillip and Chelsea are playing cards on a hot summer night; Alan comes over and is ready for Phillip to put his money where his mouth is (no jokes please).

Alan, tired of Phillip's poor little rich boy routine, brings over papers dissolving Phillip's inheritance and documents that will change his surname to Marler. Phillip accuses Alan of calling his bluff and in a emmy calibre tour de force Alan says he's had enough of Phillip's incessant judgement...he leaves; Phillip signs the papers.

But he must never have turned them over to lawyers or Alan or the courts; instead he infiltrates Spaulding, orchestrates a takeover -- Alan is thrown out; Phillip, drunk and alone, says, 'try and disown me now dad.'

Brilliant acting and storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 197August 24, 2022 6:03 PM

Digest's Anne Heche tribute is out; Instagram quotes from Russell Todd and Robert Mailhouse and Rena Sofer but nothing from Anna Stuart, Tom Eplin, or Kale Browne.

Everyone's already read or had access to those Instagram quotes.

by Anonymousreply 198August 24, 2022 6:04 PM

Anna Stuart's comments have been all over the internet for days.

Anna Stuart Pays Tribute to Anne Heche “[Anne] was so much more than a friend,” Stuart tells Soap Hub. “Soulmate comes to mind. She was one of the most important relationships I had in my life. We learned so much from one another. Meeting Anne Heche was like being transported up to the Starship Enterprise into a new galaxy. She was like no one I had ever met. Her sparkle, her enthusiasm, and fierce curiosity made you want to stand close by, in the hopes that some of it might rub off on you.

“She affected everyone that way,” Stuart adds. “I saw that magic over and over again. We shared a close bond for many years. She is truly ‘dancing with the stars.’ Goodbye, my sweet friend. I hope to see you on the other side.”

by Anonymousreply 199August 24, 2022 6:09 PM

Anna Banana remembers her first vibrator gift to Anne.

by Anonymousreply 200August 24, 2022 6:50 PM

r194 He's on next Wednesday (31st)

by Anonymousreply 201August 24, 2022 6:50 PM

Thanks R201 .

by Anonymousreply 202August 24, 2022 7:04 PM

God. Robert Newman so desperately wants attention these days.

by Anonymousreply 203August 25, 2022 11:49 AM

A little Lady Eyes A Buggin' to start your day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 25, 2022 1:51 PM

I think Sherry Stringfield will be on the Jerry VerDorn Locher Room show Oct 9th.

by Anonymousreply 205August 26, 2022 1:22 AM

Will she show up this time?

by Anonymousreply 206August 26, 2022 4:32 PM

What good does it do to show up now???

by Anonymousreply 207August 27, 2022 3:34 AM

by Anonymousreply 208August 27, 2022 9:25 AM

I hope Sherry gets asked to say my favorite Blake line of all time-“Nothin’ says lovin’ like a Spaulding in the oven.”

by Anonymousreply 209August 27, 2022 4:11 PM

That was a great line, R209. Even casual GL fans I know remember that one.

by Anonymousreply 210August 27, 2022 4:45 PM

R209 Was that when Alan was cremated?

by Anonymousreply 211August 27, 2022 6:18 PM

Ask Sherry why she kept quitting jobs. Where is she now?

by Anonymousreply 212August 27, 2022 6:34 PM

by Anonymousreply 213August 27, 2022 6:42 PM

This is probably the day grandma had her first stroke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214August 27, 2022 6:52 PM

R211 No, it was when Blake was pregnant with Alan Michael's baby.

by Anonymousreply 215August 27, 2022 6:52 PM

BELCH!

by Anonymousreply 216August 28, 2022 6:34 PM

The Toby Poser interview with Alan was sort of interesting except she was hideously miscast by the “legendary” Betty Rea (who was starting to lose her marbles and her casting acumen) and exec producer Michael Laibson. But then again Amanda was being rebooted as a leggy model type according to the casting breakdown so I guess it could have been worse.

by Anonymousreply 217August 28, 2022 6:46 PM

******STANDARD TEMPLATE MESSAGE******

PLEASE IGNORE THE MENTALLY ILL TROLL PLEASE BLOCK / FF / DELETE ANY AND ALL POSTS

This has been a test of the Emergency Bitchslap System.

by Anonymousreply 218August 28, 2022 7:18 PM

R 217 It's clear she was also desperate for money with only a few dollars to her name. Otherwise not sure the premise they offered for this iteration of Amanda (a spoiler for a popular couple + being the Malibu Madam in a previous life) would have appealed to someone otherwise doing theatre work. I don't know how anybody was thinking this would be good/popular.

by Anonymousreply 219August 28, 2022 7:24 PM

Kathleen Cullen should have been brought back.

by Anonymousreply 220August 28, 2022 7:25 PM

Toby Poser looked too Jewish looking to play Amanda Spaulding.

by Anonymousreply 221August 28, 2022 7:48 PM

I hate that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 222August 29, 2022 4:38 PM

Poor Grant. He came back in 1996 to a new Alexandra, a new Alan, a new Amanda, and to an Alan-Michael he'd only worked with (and not much at all) for six months in 1990. In fact, A-M thought Phillip was dead for much of that time.

Rick Hearst played A-M as a young man, a grownup even. Carl's A-M was more of a kid who butted heads with his older brother.

There were not only new actors playing Spauldings come mid-1990s but their interpretations of the roles were much different.

Still, we had the real Phillip back so that was good.

by Anonymousreply 223August 29, 2022 7:10 PM

They should have brought Marcy Walker on in 1993 as Original Recipe Amanda Spaulding. It would have been more interesting seeing her as a sheltered heiress traumatized by her past than the Heidi Fleiss knockoff that appeared a few years later.

by Anonymousreply 224August 29, 2022 7:20 PM

Kathleen Cullen has the yellow teefs now.

by Anonymousreply 225August 29, 2022 7:25 PM

GL and other soaps took for granted that viewers would always stay and they'd attract more viewers with new faces and/or faces from other shows.

Yet, a show's always going to win by bringing back a familiar face e.g. Chris and Nancy back to ATWT full time in 1985.

by Anonymousreply 226August 29, 2022 7:30 PM

MonticelloEdge is Vee, who’s on the biz. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 227August 29, 2022 7:46 PM

by Anonymousreply 228August 29, 2022 7:56 PM

I really liked Kathleen Cullen as Amanda and Rita Lloyd as Lucille. I loved the whole Amanda-Ben-Lucille storyline.

by Anonymousreply 229August 29, 2022 8:06 PM

Daniel Pilon as Alan Spaulding was the ultimate in lazy casting.

by Anonymousreply 230August 29, 2022 8:58 PM

Toby Poser’s Amanda had a jewfro.

Amanda Spaulding would NEVER have a jewfro.

by Anonymousreply 231August 29, 2022 10:41 PM

Daniel Pilon was so bad he was actually fun. I’d prefer him to Ron Raines.

by Anonymousreply 232August 29, 2022 10:43 PM

I wasn't especially a Daniel Pilon fan but I will remind people that he was an emergency recast when Chris Bernau got too sick to continue.

They needed someone who was available immediately, who could work the pace that soaps required and could memorize the amount of lines required age. Plus he had to have a vague similarity in agem looks and build to Chris Bernau.

Since Daniel Pilon had played Max Dubujack on Ryan's Hope for four years, at least he had the soap experience necessary to fill in

by Anonymousreply 233August 29, 2022 11:16 PM

Pilon's first episode was less than two weeks after Bernau's last episode in June 1988. Definitely an emergency recast

by Anonymousreply 234August 29, 2022 11:20 PM

Yeah, Pilon at least looks and sounded like Bernau.

Better than Phantom of the Opera Raines.

by Anonymousreply 235August 30, 2022 12:32 AM

Both Ron and Marj were great -- for their first few weeks each.

Then she got all breathy and yelling and just simply wasn't Alexandra. Ron started playing to the balcony.

It's not on YouTube anymore but Chris and Beverlee's last scene -- May 1988 was brilliant. Alan's out and Alex throws him some pity; by the end of the scene, you're confident that Alan will indeed make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 236August 30, 2022 5:44 AM

Marj's Alex was really solid in her first run. It was only after she left and then returned, especially after being on AMC for a time, that her portrayal became more clownish.

1993 was an uphill battle, as no one could make us interested in Alex/Nick/Mindy with an ancient Mindy and a different Alex. But Marj did great work with a few classic Patrick Mulcahey scenes.

by Anonymousreply 237August 31, 2022 3:12 PM

This one's been M'd so here you go, bitches:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238September 1, 2022 10:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!