Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The January 6th Hearings Part 5C

I am completely stunned by [total nobody] and [his/her vacuous gossip]! Trump engaged in [behavior most people find charming]! Do you think he was really planning [lengthy incoherent scenario]?

We need to send [mail destined for the trash] to Merrick Garland so he'll stop stalling and BAN TRUMP for good!

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2022 11:31 PM

I am completely stunned by María Gómez García and her testimony that Trump told Stacy that Stephanie likes Josh! Trump engaged in photo bombing! Do you think he was really planning to hide out in the woods with his high school basketball team and become survivalists so they could, at first, pick off individual Capitol Police officers and then perform an armed assault on the Capitol while yelling "Wolverines!!!!" ?

We need to send an online petition to Merrick Garland so he'll stop stalling and BAN TRUMP for good!

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2022 9:53 PM

Josh picks his nose and eats it.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2022 9:58 PM

I am completely stunned by Chaim Weisenstein and the fact that he WITNESSED Trump shoplifting cigarettes in 7th grade! Trump engaged in flippin' the bird! Do you think he was really planning to harness himself to the side of Burj Khalifa and rappel all the way while dodging lasers and shit?

We need to send an open letter addressed to Merrick Garland so he'll stop stalling and BAN TRUMP for good!

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2022 9:59 PM

You wish it was all that easily excused away, nazi traitor trash

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2022 10:01 PM

I am completely stunned by John Joe Jimmerson and his testimony that Trump called Melania "toots" one time ! Trump engaged in sassiness! Do you think he was really planning to fake his own death, move to and conquer a small Pacific island chain, raise an army of dead sailors from Davey Jones' Locker, and rise from the Potomac with his army of the undead to storm the Capitol and make Mike Pence walk the plank?

We need to send letters filled with rainbow glitter to Merrick Garland so he'll stop stalling and BAN TRUMP for good!

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2022 10:12 PM

Troll thread

OP in the *Irish people must hate this, right?* thread:

[quote]Rachel Maddow has been pretending on television for the past few days that Ireland is at risk of being invaded by Russia, mostly to artificially gin up support for a possible military intervention from the Biden administration.

[quote]She's considered a legitimate journalist, despite her terrible years-long track record of inventing total bullshit. She was a Fulbright Scholar and has a doctorate from Oxford.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2022 10:34 PM

I was so moved when [so and so] stopped testifying for a moment of [preachy Bible bullshit]. Are you listening Republicans? You aren't real Christians!

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2022 10:34 PM

DUH it's a troll thread R6, your perspicacity is astounding.

Relax that hemorrhoid-ridden butthole and enjoy life a little 😉

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2022 10:37 PM

I was so moved when Bethany Hoechenschteggar stopped testifying for a moment of gently humming a hymn in the name of Jesus. Are you listening Republicans? You aren't real Christians!

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2022 10:46 PM

Attorney General Merrick Garland stated [vague platitude] at [public event] when asked about the ongoing January 6th investigations. Adding "[comment open to interpretation]," and emphasizing [obvious generalization].

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2022 11:13 PM

Attorney General Merrick Garland stated that his office is open to public input at the Chevy Chase Dog and Pony Show when asked about the ongoing January 6th investigations. Adding "I'm not in the business of letting people off the hook," and emphasizing the criminal justice system exists to enforce the law.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2022 11:15 PM

I am completely stunned by Paulie Ragazzo and his revelation that Trump doesn't shower enough! Trump engaged in gettin' people's goats! Do you think he was really planning to secede from the Union and attempt to confiscate Union property, thereby kick-starting a war, attempting to cut deals with foreign adversaries for material support, failing to do so, and then fighting five long years of bloody battles before finally being subdued by the Union?

We need to send a postcard from every state to Merrick Garland so he'll stop stalling and BAN TRUMP for good!

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2022 10:09 AM

How to contact Merrick Garland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2022 11:47 PM

R13 We need to submit snippy comments with the public contact form for the IT department of the Department of Justice to sort through so Merrick Garland can stop stalling and finally BAN TRUMP for good!

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2022 2:02 PM

A little sad to see the January 6th threads stalled out 😿

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2022 7:56 PM

[quote]A little sad to see the January 6th threads stalled out 😿

Well... (IMHO)... it stems from all of the confusion surrounding the thread and topic from its very beginnings. Also, it's a reflection of DataLounge.

Anyway,

Why are the pundits still referring to this incident as an attempt to overturn an election? This was an attempt to overthrow our government. This is TREASON!!!

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2022 12:09 PM

R16 I don't know. I'm not aware of very many people who sincerely believe that, it looks to be mostly socially isolated upper middle class people in their 50s and 60s.

I dismissed most of this out of hand after the riot and didn't pay attention until these hearings started. I was blown away by how trivial and divorced from reality all of the "evidence" actually is. Not even plausible.

I've already predicted this, but I think what will end up happening is Merrick Garland will make a big show of opening up investigations into various people and drag them out until 2024 without ever pressing charges. That's the best case scenario, worst case is he manages to shut this all down completely (what I think he'd prefer, it seems that way.)

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2022 12:53 PM

Dare to dream? It would be ratings gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2022 2:57 AM

Also:

[Quote]Among other revelations, the committee said Thursday that Trump sent military leaders into a panic by secretly ordering all U.S. troops withdrawn from Afghanistan and Somalia days after losing reelection.

At no point was this a secret. I remember it very well.

by Anonymousreply 19October 14, 2022 2:59 AM

Datalounge receipts of R19, which are the best receipts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 14, 2022 3:01 AM

[Quote]I will be putting out my response to the Unselect Committee of political Hacks & Thugs tomorrow morning at 8:00. Thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 14, 2022 10:27 AM

Unrelated but I died laughing at this. He posted this yesterday! Yesterday!

[Quote]The money losing Washington Post, which is likewise losing readers and subscribers at a level far beyond what was thought possible just a short time ago, would probably be a very difficult thing to sell, even to a very rich person. Is it for sale, and how badly is it doing, I just don’t know? What I do know is that it reports very inaccurately about me, and purposely so. No fact checking, no anything. P.S. I ALWAYS felt, right from the beginning, that the Election was RIGGED!!!

by Anonymousreply 22October 14, 2022 10:29 AM

Just found out that [50's sitcom bully insult for an opponent] is making yet another [adjective] and [adjective] play to keep [glowingly flattering nickname for self] out of office!

[Rhetorical question to which the answer is obviously no]? This [adjective, adjective, adjective] mess of a [synonym for mess] is destined to fail! Sad!

by Anonymousreply 23October 14, 2022 11:44 AM

Just found out that [50's sitcom bully insult for an opponent] is making yet another [adjective] and [adjective] play to keep [glowingly flattering nickname for self] out of office!

[Rhetorical question to which the answer is obviously no]? This [adjective, adjective, adjective] mess of a [synonym for mess] is destined to fail! Sad!

by Anonymousreply 24October 14, 2022 11:44 AM

[Quote]Just found out that Vodka-dentures Nancy Pelosi is making yet another typically loser-like and pathetic attempt at keeping this four time Nobel Peace Prize nominee out of office!

[Quote]Does she even know where she is when she isn't reeling drunk in public, which she never is not? This feeble desperate embarrassing mess of a clown show is destined to fail! Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 14, 2022 1:01 PM

We are supposed to click on a truthsocial link?

by Anonymousreply 26October 14, 2022 1:03 PM

[Quote]It is to laugh.

Glad to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 27October 14, 2022 2:23 PM

Sad to see this go. This was fun.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2022 11:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!