Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump ended the Iraq and Afghanistan wars this week and no one cares

If you had told me that 15 years ago, I would have been overjoyed and beyond confused. Donald Trump?

by Anonymousreply 20Yesterday at 2:45 PM

Yes, troops should have been brought home long ago.

The wars kept going to prop up our economy.

Trump is fine bringing them home because he wants to economy to collapse under Biden

by Anonymousreply 1Last Saturday at 4:27 PM

Afghanistan, destroyer of empires

by Anonymousreply 2Last Saturday at 4:28 PM

NO ONE CARES 🤡

by Anonymousreply 3Last Saturday at 4:32 PM

I don’t really care do you? 👩

by Anonymousreply 4Last Saturday at 4:32 PM

We still have troops in Japan and Germany.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Saturday at 4:47 PM

We still have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, R5. It’s only going to be a partial withdrawal, if that. Just some more stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Saturday at 4:58 PM

I want the troops withdrawn, and I don't give a fuck who does it.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 5:07 PM

It might not matter who does it, but it does matter how it's done.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 5:28 PM

My had DL has changed. OP is right. This was THE issue when Bush was President.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Saturday at 5:40 PM

If Trump ever does the right thing in the right way, I’ll eat my beret.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Saturday at 5:44 PM

He didn't end the war in Afghanistan. 2500 troops will still be there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11Last Saturday at 5:45 PM

[quote] Trump is fine bringing them home because he wants to economy to collapse under Biden

How does bringing the troops home cause the economy to collapse? 5,000 troops in Afghanistan doesn't make or break the defense industry. The real moneymaker is selling arms to the Saudis-- arms which are used to kill Yemeni civilians. That's been going on forever, under Obama as well as Trump. And the "China threat" is going to sustain the defense industry for a long time to come.

I don't know enough about Afghanistan to say what we should do and whatever Trump does is almost certainly in the worst interests of the country.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Saturday at 5:50 PM

R9 When did liberals become pro-war?

by Anonymousreply 13Last Saturday at 6:30 PM

I only care when the fat dump gets the fuck out of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Saturday at 7:08 PM

A symbolic withdrawal of a few people just so he can say he did ONE thing. And to be able to say Biden “increased our presence” there even if he adds 500 back. Grumps agenda now is to do petty stupid things that he can talk / lie / exaggerate about for the year 4+ years

by Anonymousreply 15Last Saturday at 7:11 PM

[quote] I want the troops withdrawn, and I don't give a fuck who does it.

Yes, well the $600 you pay a year in taxes doesn’t exactly put your wishes on the priority track, dear.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 7:12 PM

R16 It's what most people have wanted for a decade. Is DL just state department employees and Gen X fraus now?

by Anonymousreply 17Yesterday at 1:22 AM

I don’t know how many people Trump withdrew, but it was under Bush that the Iraq government and the US couldn’t agree on a troop level, so the Iraqis said, “fine, withdraw them all”. That happened under Obama. Later, US troops were invited back in. The Iraqs asked for them to be pulled back out. Let’s note that whatever the level of US forces, it was small. You don’t have to genius to remove a tiny force. Especially when the host country tells you to.

Further, what’s the number of private forces in both countries? That’s a number I’d be interested in hearing. ,

by Anonymousreply 18Yesterday at 2:00 PM

Yes, because leaving a power vacuum in countries that the US has invaded and removed the government with no planning or preparation has worked out so well over the past several years.

by Anonymousreply 19Yesterday at 2:16 PM

[quote] When did liberals become pro-war?

It's not about being "pro-war". It's about protecting peoples or interests in a country or region.

Would you approve if we had gone in to the Balkans to stop genocide? It's pie in the sky thinking that troubles and violence and destruction of human rights in other places will not end up affecting the US.

by Anonymousreply 20Yesterday at 2:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!