Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lena Dunham's "Industry" on HBO is great

I know we're not supposed to say that. And I know Industry is old.

But it's really, really good.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2023 5:55 AM

Yeah, I enjoyed it. But, I didn't think it was "hers" the way Girls was - she didn't write any of it. Is he the exec producer? No matter, I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 12:13 AM

OP I thought she directed one episode? Out of 15 or so? That’s a mercy credit.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 12:31 AM

I agree 1000%. The gays would love this if they bothered to watch. Harry Lawtey is smokin' and there's a fluidity to the sexuality on the show (incl the guys) which is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 11:49 AM

It's so good, although I cringe when I see people refer to it as Lena Dunham's project.

Harry Lawtey is what we were promised Connor Trinneer would be.

Second season premieres August 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2022 12:04 PM

I loved it. Can’t wait for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2022 12:33 PM

Didn't know there would be a second season. That's good. Looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2022 10:37 PM

I watched it. It's good. Harper's character is a psycho and it needed a character like Billy Ray Valentine or device to explain what the fuck the financial deals were about. The wikipedia pages about that kind of work seem to be purposely confusing too.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2022 12:56 PM

I didn't mind the jargon, I just let it all wash over me. We got told and shown clearly when someone was about to fuck up or already fucked up massively.

The (former) financial bros on the show's subreddit said the show nailed the City financial scene completely, drugs and all. I'm sure it's calmed down a bit recently, what with Brexit, the pandemic, and now stagflation.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2022 1:15 PM

I won’t be watching the second season unless Lens makes it with much more male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2022 1:17 PM

Thanks for mentioning.

(Lena's first-episode direction was impressive!)

by Anonymousreply 10July 3, 2022 1:03 AM

Oh this is her show? The more you know

by Anonymousreply 11July 3, 2022 1:07 AM

Apparently not, r11 (see above)

by Anonymousreply 12July 3, 2022 1:12 AM

She literally just directed the pilot three years ago for some weird reason. The guys behind this show are Mickey Down and Konrad Kay, both ex-bankers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 3, 2022 1:15 AM

Is Konrad Kay a relative of the Kardashians?

by Anonymousreply 14July 3, 2022 1:17 AM

Did Lena direct the episode with the swinging dick? How did she direct the lad? Swing harder?

by Anonymousreply 15July 3, 2022 1:17 AM

Whatever her direction to Harry in that scene, I'm sure it was given in that LOUD obnoxious American accent of hers. I wouldn't be surprised if she took her tits out to try and make him more comfortable as well.

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2022 1:21 AM

She went on a two week retreat with the actor to practice with him and show him exactly what she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2022 1:21 AM

She surely didn't look as good in the director's chair as the two actual showrunners do. Total cutie-pies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2022 1:25 AM

Konrad used to be Kortney.

by Anonymousreply 19July 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Was a prosthetic used or was Lens handling real dicks?

by Anonymousreply 20July 3, 2022 1:31 AM

Real dick.

r19 He has an Adam's apple and a pretty deep voice.

by Anonymousreply 21July 3, 2022 1:41 AM

That pubic area looks like how they glue on all the prosthetics.

by Anonymousreply 22July 3, 2022 1:54 AM

Smell r22, the pubic prosthetics expertatrix!

by Anonymousreply 23July 3, 2022 1:56 AM

r22 It's just the gif (if you're referring to r4); they looked like normal, slightly manscaped pubes in the episode itself.

BBC sometimes slightly digitally blurs the genital area in their shows, something I've noticed first in that 2019 MotherFatherSon show, and it might be the case here as well. If you want to see horrific digi-pubes, check out Minx on HBO Max. Now those are outrageous and took me out of the show completely.

by Anonymousreply 24July 3, 2022 2:07 AM

The Minx doesn’t digitally blur the pubes. That’s how the glued on pubes look to hide the prosthetics.

by Anonymousreply 25July 3, 2022 2:12 AM

No, those are digi-pubes, it's been discussed at length on Reddit. You can literally see the digital overlay shimmer and move at times along with the camera. I haven't seen any other show opt for that approach when merkins perform just fine. It's like they wanted to de-sex the character played by Taylor Zakhar Perez on purpose by making his pubes look comical.

by Anonymousreply 26July 3, 2022 2:17 AM

Even though I find her annoying and visually revolting, she is talented as HELL. Girls came out when I was in high school. Now looking back at the show, I can't believe how smart and talented she was. The best thing about Girls is it's realism and accuracy. It takes a lot of wisdom, and it's astounding that show was written and created by a woman in her TWENTIES. I know people in their twenties who can barely show up to work on time, and they still can't get use the office printer without assistance.

by Anonymousreply 27July 3, 2022 2:40 AM

When that cute black girl speaks in all that marketing jargon, the writing talent explodes off the screen.

by Anonymousreply 28July 3, 2022 2:48 AM

It's LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, you dumbshits!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29July 3, 2022 2:55 AM

R29 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 30July 3, 2022 3:05 AM

[quote] Total cutie-pies.

You sound like a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 31July 3, 2022 4:16 AM

Why? They really are cutie-Patooties.

by Anonymousreply 32July 3, 2022 4:17 AM

Lens is underrated. As both a writer and an actress.

There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 33July 3, 2022 4:21 AM

Her Emmy and Golden Globe were well deserved. She’ll EGOT one day.

by Anonymousreply 34July 3, 2022 4:23 AM

Dunham never won an Emmy, the Golden Globes don't matter and she hasn't been even remotely close to a Grammy, Oscar or Tony nomination, let alone a win.

Her latest movie was a massive failure on the festival circuit, and both of her producing follow-ups to Girls on television didn't earn a second season.

I could understand predicting great things for Dunham in 2012, but right now her career is clearly on a downward trajectory.

by Anonymousreply 35July 3, 2022 4:39 AM

I will only watch it if real dongs are presented.

by Anonymousreply 36July 3, 2022 8:49 AM

The one time r33 strays off of his RWNJ programming is to praise pebble pusher, Lens Dunham. Amazing

by Anonymousreply 37July 3, 2022 9:26 AM

I never got Season 2. Did HBO skip it?

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2022 3:17 PM

R38 I’m watching the 2nd season on HBO Max - it began last week.

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2022 3:21 PM

Thread for the second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2022 3:29 PM

I don’t do the Max. I hate HBO, now.

by Anonymousreply 41August 18, 2022 10:29 AM

Just started watching it after some guy recommended it on TikTok, I think it's good. I like the asian guy who used to be on The Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2023 2:56 AM

It's like Billions: Every single character talks like they know every thing ever posted on wikipedia - whether it has to do with finance or not. But they're younger, do more drugs, have more sex and have less access to helicopters.

by Anonymousreply 43January 14, 2023 3:05 AM

What does that even mean

by Anonymousreply 44January 14, 2023 3:09 AM

Are we supposed to be rooting for Harper because she is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 45January 14, 2023 5:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!