Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Most Common Posts on Datalounge

[bold]1. The Latest Minor Outrage Perpetrated By A Trans[/bold]-- Fun Fact: Anti-trans posters will give themselves 42 WWs for each post.

[bold]2. Why I Hate Modern Fashion And/Or Technology[/bold]-- Fun Fact: The word "trash" will appear in every third post, the social mores of a mythical midcentury WASPocracy will be invoked, usually in an sentence with the word "Mother"

[bold]3. Why Biden Is Bad[/bold]- Fun Fact: Multiple racist comments about "unqualified" picks, lots of hate on Mayor Pete + references to Hunter's big cock. Other trolls love these threads

[bold]4. A D-List Celebrity, Part 43l[/bold] - Fun Fact: Many of the comments will be Google Translated into English. The prevailing narrative will be that the celebrity is gay or is denying he is gay and in love with his (male) co-star

[bold]5. A Forgettable Sitcom From The 1970s.[/bold] Fun Facts: Posters will debate lines of dialog and plot inconsistencies from a show that aired almost 50 years ago

Others?

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2022 3:53 PM

OP, you're depressingly aware of how repetitive DL has become over the last few years... Thanks for amalgamating everything into a single post, though.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 10:11 AM

Preach OP!

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 10:13 AM

OP thinks it's clever

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 10:14 AM

6. Threads like this one.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 10:16 AM

Vivian Vance!!!

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 10:16 AM

Lol. Yes, perhaps quite accurate.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 10:16 AM

"Anyone remember these 80s hits?" - the OP will then spam his own thread with completely forgotten/absolutely overplayed hits from that decade because that's when he was 20/30.

"Meghan is a bitch because..." - Fun fact: I will contribute gleefully because I love shitting on these twats. Other than that: thete will be one person who will repeatedly accuse all posters of racism and intimate that he has been in contact with the FBI/MI5/Mosad to report their crime of disliking Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 10:18 AM

Dialog? Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 10:24 AM

op is a crying transbaby

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 10:29 AM

It's funny when common DL tropes make it to the outside world.

Milky Loads gave a quote for some article about how maybe some trans kids would have just been gay a generation ago and everyone lost their mind at how stupid and insane that it.

Here, it's just a mild observation.

(Also, this gives fuel to my hunch that Milky Loads reads the DL)

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 10:30 AM

The posters on the Trans threads will insist that they do not hate the trans or wish them ill, but rather "I am just pointing out that they are mentally ill heterosexual men who are not a part of the gay community."

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 10:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 10:34 AM

Yes, or "I don't hate trans people, I'm just very much against 13 year old girls having their breasts forcibly chopped off or 12 year old boys having their penises removed or hairy grown men in dresses raping teenage girls in bathrooms!!!!'

Because they're balanced and sane people.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 10:36 AM

And the Transed are the balanced and sane ones?

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 10:37 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 10:38 AM

[quote]And the Transed are the balanced and sane ones?

If I compare the trans people I know with the obsessive, hysterical trans-haters here on the DL, the answer is "yes."

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 10:41 AM

#5 is why I come to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 10:43 AM

I don't see how anyone who denies reality is balanced and sane, R16.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 10:47 AM

I had actually asked R18 to come to this thread for a live demo of Example 1.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 10:49 AM

You missed, "Here's a dish my WASP mother prepared in our Connecticut suburban home in the 60s. It's long since fallen to the rubbish heap of culinary history, but I'm proud to present it to you now."

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 10:51 AM

^^"And while we actually lived in a blue collar part of Waterbury, I'm going to pretend that I grew up in Cos Cob"

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 11:11 AM

^ we need our maids close, but not too close

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 11:22 AM

"We were upper middle class but I had NO IDEA y'all!!"

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 12:39 PM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 12:44 PM

6. "Meghan Markle looks like a refrigerator and also ruined the monarchy forever but at the same time is irrelevant and no one knows who she is and I hate that cunt."

7. "Madonna Janet Madonna Janet Madonna Janet"

8. "Viola Davis is uppity and I hate her."

9. "Why are trolls always trolling?" by a well-known troll

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 12:50 PM

10. Can we discuss Season 4, Episode 11 of The Golden Girls. The thread will have 600 posts in less than 3 hours.

11. Can we discuss Season 7, Episode 9 of The Golden Girls.

12. I'm watching the entire series of The Golden Girls. In Season 3, Episode 22, Blanche has on the most divine outfit. Who is the designer?

13. How big was Bea Arthur's dick?

14. Does anyone have the lyrics to the GG jingle in Armenian or Burmese?

15. I model my life after Sophia Petrillo. She's my guardian angel.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 1:33 PM

There's always a great thread every other month or so about some Old Hollywood glamour queen. Lots of infighting if they could actually act, how their beauty compared to the other broads, their various men and what levels of homosex said men had... I personally want another Ava Gardner thread! The Ava threads on here are my favorite. The Marilyn and Liz threads get too repetitive.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 1:38 PM

16. How I will never stop living indoors, working from home, and wearing an astronaut suit on the rare occasion when I must venture outside.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 1:48 PM

I don't think it's possible to vote up or down for your own posts. I don't think they register as votes. I also don't think you can vote more than once on a post. If someone really knows different than please inform me - and tell us how you know.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 1:52 PM

^ sock puppets

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 1:55 PM

It is R29. I am going to post this and rapidly give it a number of likes

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 2:06 PM

^^See-- those first 12 likes are all from me, just hitting "WW" and refresh over and over-- it took about 30 seconds to add the 12 likes

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 2:07 PM

OP, why do you bother with DL if you don't like any of the posts? What genius posts have you contributed?

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 2:18 PM

You forgot dead or missing twinks and /or killer twinks.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 2:24 PM

r26 gives me LIFE!

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 2:25 PM

Are Italians white?

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 2:26 PM

Republicans are evil threads!

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 2:30 PM

You forgot this one - Joan, the brat daughter, Faye ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 2:31 PM

Despite the obvious right wing, racist, antisemitic, anti trans, etc. trolling, DL can still be a wonderful place to discuss things like great music (past and present), the insightful home and cooking threads, instahos and the presenting hole threads, "classic" Hollywood (painting a vivid picture of a bygone era), current TV shows like The Gilded Age, Heartstopper, Love Simon, etc.

I've got to say that Datalounge helped me A LOT how to deal with social media trolls and haters, which I consider a valuable learning experience. Thank you Datalounge for that.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 2:31 PM

I find OP a minor annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 2:35 PM

Thanks, R31/R32.

But it's the trans pushing posters who are this obsessive about proving their point. They'd be the most likely to do this. Obsessive about one thing usually means you're obsessive about other things.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2022 2:49 PM

Oh, I see, R39, you mean DL is like life. It's full of contradictions and we all can live with that and still enjoy life without fucking killing ourselves because someone was disagreeable or mean? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2022 2:51 PM

Anytime someone recommends a city to visit or move to, the response is always the same: "Boise/Madison/Olympia was nice twenty years ago, but now it's ......."

I've pointed this out before, and I'll point this out again: Anyplace that doesn't have full marriage equality is, apparently, a [italic]shithole[/italic]. It doesn't matter how gay friendly it is, even when compared to the states.

Also, according to DL, anyplace that's mentioned is also [italic]culturally dead[/italic]. Absolutely [italic]anywhere[/italic].

Finally, NYC and LA are too expensive and soulless( and culturally dead). Absolutely everywhere else in America, [italic]and I mean everywhere else[/italic], is too dangerous, MAGA land, too provincial and of course, was nice ten or twenty years but now.....

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Actually R43, I find that most DL travel/relocation threads are full of takes formed 30 or 40 years ago during the poster's sole visit.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2022 3:04 PM

1. Trump, Trump, Trump. 2. You are a troll. 3. You must be from Russia. 4. Oh, dear. You made an error in your post. 5. Vivian Vance shit.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2022 3:05 PM

I'm the Grammar Nazi who lords over everything DataLounge. I have nothing of interest to contribute so I get my nuts off by locating and exposing any minor flaw in spelling and grammar. I'm fat, lonely, unfuckable and probably smell really bad, but I'm superior to everyone because I know where all the commas belong

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2022 4:23 PM

Greyed Out By The Anti-Trans!

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2022 7:09 PM

References to Jackie On Assistance and they never get old.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2022 7:33 PM

There are so many posts about gentlemen wearing blue jeans to business meetings, OP

It does not get any more common than that!

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2022 9:35 PM

All the Patsy Ramsey jokes still make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2022 9:47 PM

Those are all eldergay topics, so they’ll become moot when DLEGs die away.

What would be a more interesting discussion is what will take their place as Gen Z DLers, and millennials who identify as/with Gen Z, take over the board.

My guess is even more FTM/pussy threads (“what does pussy feel/smell/taste like?”) and more “do I sound/talk/walk/dress GAAAAYYYY? I hope not!” threads.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2022 10:01 PM

The Sushi Gives You Worms And You Die trolls reinvented themselves as the I'll Never Stop Wearing Two Surgical Masks trolls. One day they will all be dead.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2022 10:05 PM

The every event is the end of the world trolls 😠

Trump farts = The end of democracy

Biden farts = He'll be dead by morning

It's 90 degrees = The earth will burn up by Sunday

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2022 10:43 PM

Anyone who is sexually active deserves the monkeypox or worse.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2022 2:19 PM

"Wow Pete Buttigieg is just so fucking hot"

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2022 2:22 PM

"Wow. I hate this seemingly happy successful out gay man! I am going to dump all over him!"

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote]My guess is even more FTM/pussy threads (“what does pussy feel/smell/taste like?”)

I believe the poster behind those threads was also posting those violent "let's kill all femme gays" and "let's murder trannies" posts. It's weird that people believe it was a real Millennial or Gen Z asking a genuine question.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2022 3:10 PM

But bisexuality is all the rage with them. Being gay is passé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2022 3:22 PM

Any thread:

You’re a troll!

No, you’re a troll!

As nauseum until I forget what the original topic was.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2022 3:35 PM

[quote] them

Sort of sums up the mindset of many DLers

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2022 3:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!