Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman

Does anyone else now find it bizarre they were ever an item? Their marriage seems so remote in 2022. I could never even imagine them together now. I also feel she's really eclipsed that relationship with her excellent career. She was mostly in garbage films while they were together. I wonder what if any contact they have now. His cult estranged their kids from her so I assume they aren't in contact at all.

by Anonymousreply 168July 8, 2022 4:03 AM

Do we have any reliable intel on what led to the divorce. I know her rebuke of Scientology was part of it, but there had to be more. I'm amazed that he's been able to keep the details of his divorces so secret. The only one who has spilled any tea is Mimi Rogers--and even that was a very small spill...something about his lack of interest in sex.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 11:32 AM

It was reported at the time that the split coincided with him suddenly becoming very serious about Scientology again, after an apparent period of drifting away, possibly under her influence. The suggestion was certain church figures decided she had to go. It's also widely forgotten now that the split coincided with her being pregnant and having a miscarriage. That marriage never produced biological kids.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 11:37 AM

I meant surviving kids. She was pregnant at least twice and both ended tragically.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 11:38 AM

I remember reading a transcript of a leaked phone call and it appears Kidman is high maintenance and needs a lot of attention. They were probably perfect for each other bc Cruise likes to love bomb his partners and wants needy women he can control.

Surprisingly, Cruise also did not have much interest in sex.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 12:45 PM

Was she p g with someones child when they married?

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 12:59 PM

He’s a freak. And all that top gun money went to Scientology so congrats to everyone who supported it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 1:17 PM

Weren't they married during Tammy's Lestat period?

It's unsurprising that focusing on bearding was a struggle. Working with a sulky pouty prime Brad Pitt in the sweltering heat would make anyone distracted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 1:26 PM

R2 Tom & Nic have their two adopted kids (Isabella & Connor, now aged 29 & 27 respectively), though.

Idk how much either parent really have to do with them, these days, but there's a few pics of them as young adults together with Tom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote] Does anyone else now find it bizarre they were ever an item?

You do realize how determined Nicole Kidman was to be famous, right?

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 1:31 PM

R9 so Nicole's role in Gus Van Sant's TO DIE FOR wasn't too much of a stretch for her, then...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote] Their marriage seems so remote in 2022. I could never even imagine them together now.

OP...the 1990s...were more than 30 years ago...babies are born and grow up to adulthood and have their own babies in that span of time....

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 9:26 PM

It was a bearding arrangement. Nicole became a true A+ Lister (despite never having more than one box office smash hit under her own name) after they split, a sort of exchange.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 9:29 PM

Agree with R12. All the way.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 9:30 PM

With or without Tom she was making it, IMO. Like R9 says, she wanted it badly enough. It's doing her dirty to say that all her success lies at Tom's feet.

And Australia's such a do-nothing polluted barren shithole wasteland culturally, she needed out at any cost. Tom helped, quite a bit, but he wasn't the only reason or the main one.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 9:36 PM

I read that phone transcript too, it was published in a magazine. He seemed reasonable and she demanding and irrational. Of course it was just one moment in a relationship but it was an eyebrow raising one.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 9:49 PM

I'd like the link to the phone transcript...

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 10:16 PM

[quote] all that top gun money went to Scientology so congrats to everyone who supported it.

The TOP GUN movies are also MI-complex propaganda. So.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 10:34 PM

Top Gun would have been better as a British film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 10:39 PM

Just google Tom Cruise Nicole Kidman phone transcript. It's pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 11:13 AM

Here's a link to another thread with the transcript.

It just sounds like a typical argument between two people who have very busy careers and never see each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 11:21 AM

What's also interesting is that Nicole's father was a very prominent Sydney psychiatrist. She was close to him. Scientology really demonises psychiatry in the strongest possible terms.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 11:31 AM

Cruise had a choice in 2001 - Scientology or his family. I think he made the wrong decision and destroyed his family. It was also obvious that he loved and adored Kidman. I bet in private he regrets leaving her now. The freak show with Holmes was fake and ultimately didn't work out and he's been alone ever since he dumped Kidman. Maybe his bestie Miscavige convinced him that this was the right choice, but I doubt he's happy. His daughter didn't invite him to her wedding and doesn't want contact. His son his an entitled, brainwashed clown. He's almost 60 and alone.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 11:41 AM

^Forgot about Suri. He doesn't seem to have any contact with her either. Another failed relationship thank to Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 11:44 AM

Is that right that the daughter has dumped him? I didn't know that. I knew she moved to London and became a hairstylist. I thought Tom was invited to the wedding but Nicole was not.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 11:44 AM

I wonder if Tom knows where Shelly Miscavige is.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 11:48 AM

Tom doesn't have a choice regarding seeing Suri. He can't. Church doctrine forbids him contact with Suppressive Persons, which is what she is designated as.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 11:52 AM

Katie Holmes must feel like an idiot for going along with that facade even if she did get her kid out of it. I was always impressed with how tough she was after the split. There’s much more to her than meets the eye.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 11:56 AM

Katie totally blindsided him with her exit strategy. Apparently her lawyer father had a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 11:58 AM

Bella didn't want both her parents at her wedding. I read though that Cruise paid for the wedding, but did not attend.

The adopted daughter is a cunt too. She doesn't want any contact with her mother, but added her name to her website and professional profile when she started a design business.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 12:03 PM

The daughter isn't necessarily a cunt. She was raised in the cult, and the cult taught her that her mother is an SP. It's simply not an option for her to see Nicole if she's still active in the cult.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 12:06 PM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 12:07 PM

Did Scientology also teach her that she could acknowledge her mother and use her name for professional gain? Sorry, but it's disgusting to ignore your mother but still use her name when you want to sell your t-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 12:15 PM

From where do the asexual Tom rumours arise? Admittedly, it does seem highly plausible, as I can't imagine that egomaniacal neurotic weirdo having the capacity for intimacy. There again, to claim he's asexual with no evidence just seems like a covertly-bigoted way to erase the possibility of him being homosexual. So I dunno what to think.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 2:33 PM

Both Mimi and Nicole were contracted to hide Tom's real sexual orientation. They were most likely on a fixed term contract and after the contract ran out, they were divorced and no doubt received a hefty settlement. Nicole's contract term ended and she her career had taken off thanks to being married to little Tom. The adopted kids were just props from Paramount and there are pretty plausible rumors that Tommy is not Suri's father and Katie was already pregnant from her last boyfriend, Chris Klein. Tom may be sterile as well as gay. But Tom has megabucks to keep his hot boys happy with hefty payments to ensure they don't blab to the tabloids.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 4:45 PM

Mimi didn’t make out as well as Nicole or Katie.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 4:48 PM

Staggering if that much labour, consideration and money has been poured into keeping one ageing actor's sexuality a secret. Is he really worth all that?

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 6:58 PM

I don't believe Tom & Nicole were a fake relationship.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 9:53 PM

They had zero chemistry, sexual or otherwise. Then again she's a giraffe and he's a garden gnome.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 10:05 PM

I thought they were a great looking couple and I believe they were real, whatever real means to people like that

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 10:07 PM

There were rumors at the time of that phone conversation that it was set up by TC's people to distract from surging gay rumors.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 10:34 PM

No, that's a real conversation.

The "Tom is gay" thing is way too simplistic for me. I think the key issue is that Tom is a total control freak, which factors into his extraordinary career success, his devotion to a personal improvement cult, Scientology, and his repeated failure at marriage to another human being.

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2022 6:45 AM

R8 What the fuck is idk? Are you really so fat and lazy that you can’t type an extra 6 letters?

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2022 7:30 AM

They were such a gorgeous couple in Eyes Wide Shut. Britney was influenced by them in her music video Slumber Party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2022 8:28 AM

Even weirder is that Nicole then went to Lenny Kravitz. At least we know there was fucking there.

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2022 9:31 AM

I thought Kidman was at her most beautiful in Eyes Wide Shut. Tom Cruise was still handsome but definitely past his peak by the time that movie came out. He also had a horrendous haircut. I've never the bought the gay rumors and always assumed he was asexual. The divorce was probably Scientology-related. I'm sure he talks about his religion constantly in private.

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2022 9:42 AM

R41 he's gay. Period. Nicole is an out lesbian in Australia. Her father was gay actor. Tom dated serial bearder Melissa Gilbert . Tom is also dyslexic/retarded. His intensity is obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2022 11:27 AM

Scientology preys on mental defectives. And people who are lost. And psychologically broken. So of course it doesn’t believe in psychology. It would lost its constituency if its members woke up from their delusion.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2022 11:29 AM

I don't find it bizarre that they were an item. She was a hot commodity and he and the church of Scientology had enough money to contract her out to him for a decade to play up his hetero heartthrob image.

It worked out well for both of them, setting aside the whole neglected child thing. He got a beard and a power-couple reputation and a Kubrick movie and she got a level of notoriety and acting opportunities she never would have had otherwise.

He sold his soul to Scientology, she sold a decade of her life and a child.

No big whoop.

It's Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2022 11:44 AM

I've never heard "Nicole is an out lesbian in Australia" as R46 says, but her husband is as much of a femme lesbian as any gay man could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2022 11:45 AM

They're also not a strange couple, gay or not, in the sense that both obviously have dedicated their entire lives to working and ranking highly in Hollywood. It's clear that nothing comes before their fortune and fame for either of them, not family, not personal interests. Nicole in my opinion is easily one of the greatest living actors, and yet she has been slumming it on bad TV series because she can just keep on churning them out and work work work without stopping. She definitely has some kind of trauma driving her ambition.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2022 11:48 AM

Nicole grew up red haired, pale and freckly with corkscrew red hair in Australia in the late 70s and early 80s which was the equivalent of playground poison. Shew wanted to be a tanned beach bunny. She grew up beautiful but never forgot the rejection.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2022 11:56 AM

I wonder if the roses she mentions in the transcript is a metaphor for getting fucked. Why didn't you get me a rose, Tom? You no longer give me roses, Tom! Translation: Why aren't you fucking me anymore?

They sound like a normal, boring couple who both work too much and have to deal with competing work schedules, children and family. It's surprising though that they were only in their early 30s and only married for 10 years. They sound like a bored couple in their 60s who had been married for decades. It's sad since they had everything - successful careers, cute family, youth, attractiveness, insanely rich. But instead of enjoying their life and success, they are just bitter and miserable assholes.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2022 12:28 PM

No one who is having regular satisfying sex in a relationship gives a fuck about flowers.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2022 12:30 PM

R52 There is nothing normal about this little person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2022 12:33 PM

If Cruise were interested in his legacy, he would turn on Scientology. He could just confess his sexuality, confess whatever atrocities he confessed to them that have been used to blackmail him. He could confess what he knows about Shelly Miscavige, confess what he knows about the cult's abuses, and steal the spotlight from Leah Remini and finish off the cult.

He has the power to do it. He is one of the top figures at the cult. If his narcissism is stronger than the church's brainwashing, it would be wise of him. Unless he raped and then ate human babies, he'd be forgiven by the public for whatever is being used against him if he redirected attention to taking down Scientology. People love to forgive a repentant villain.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2022 12:38 PM

[quote]She was mostly in garbage films while they were together.

Fuck you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2022 12:39 PM

Why do you think he wants to leave Scientology, r55? There is no indication that he's unhappy with the situation. He basically has thousands of brainwashed slaves at his disposal who adore him and kiss his ass every day. He might be unhappy that he lost the love of his life and cannot be with his biological child, but he's probably even too dumb and brainwashed to blame the church for his situation.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2022 12:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2022 12:49 PM

I always wondered how this works in Hollywood. Do these actresses tell their agents they don't mind entering a fake marriage as a bearding arrangement. And the agent looks if Tom Cruise would be interested in a 5 - 10 year deal. It has to be something like this, because there is no way Cruise is heterosexual. Kidman profited quite a lot, she's still constantly working, which is unusual for an actress her age.

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2022 1:10 PM

R59 And don't forget Kidman was with Cruise for exactly a decade and then fled the country.

And Katie Holmes made an actual escape plan and fled in the middle of the night across the country to an undisclosed location and immediately filed a protective order to keep him away from their daughter so she couldn't be taken away by Scientologists and brainwashed.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2022 1:15 PM

Tom Cruise and David Miscavige...

Midget love is so adorable 🤗

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2022 1:19 PM

I don't think you have to make an announcement, r59. These Hollywood agents and managers all know each other and make arrangements behind the scenes for their clients all the time. Most agents know if their client is gay or needs publicity to distract from a scandal, divorce or gay rumors.

I read that Cruise first saw Kidman in a Australian movie and asked his agent or publicist to arrange a meeting. He then (or the producers) offered her the part in Days of Thunder and probably love bombed her during the production. They started dating during the production of Days of Thunder or shortly after.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2022 1:26 PM

Yeah, Tom didn't become a Scientologist because a recruiter said, "We're an insane cult! Join us!" They gradually assimilated him with a combination of brainwashing, threats and rewards, and made it seem impossible for him to leave—just like any cult does.

It's reasonable to assume Tom used the same tactics on both Nicole and Katie, although by the time he knew Katie everyone knew his deal and she probably opted for denial or didn't really consider that she would one day have a child that the church would try to possess.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2022 2:37 PM

R63 here...I want to add that I fully believe both Nicole and Katie signed actual contracts. There's no other reasonable explanation for when and how Nicole got away, right at the 10-year mark, and why she was freaked out enough to abandon a child, or why Katie planned such an elaborate escape plan. She has to have been contractually tied to him and desperate.

I just think both women were likely "love bombed" and their minds made very cloudy before they signed on the dotted line. The devil would give a person a lot of riches and rewards before convincing them to sign their souls away.

I wish Katie would write a book called "I Sold My Soul. Like, Literally!"

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2022 2:41 PM

I doubt there is a bearding contract. They try to find someone who is equally famous and wealthy who won't blackmail them. They also have to get along especially if they plan to have kids. They usually adopt which is pretty unethical.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote]there are pretty plausible rumors that Tommy is not Suri's father and Katie was already pregnant from her last boyfriend, Chris Klein.

“pretty plausible rumors”

Jesus, give it the fuck up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2022 3:08 PM

I never really bought the scienos being the sole reason that Kidman was estranged from her kids, though people seem to love that explanation. The cult teachings didn't help but I think Kidman wasn't bonded to those kids period. Kidman wasn't some cocktail waitress up against a movie star. She was a famous actress who was friends with Rupert Murdoch. If she wanted them she would have fought. It's a striking example of how even after all of these years society still views adopted kids as fundamentally different than biological ones. Imagine if Katie Holmes left Suri completely, had two more sprogs later on, and refused to acknowledge her in interviews. She would never, ever hear the end of it. Nobody would accept any excuses, least of all the People Magazine reading set.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2022 3:42 PM

I met one of Nicole's nannies many years ago when she was still married to Tom. She said that Nicole paid almost no attention to the children and all she did, all day, was to be obsessed with her acting career.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2022 7:20 PM

^ I feel sorry for those kids, they might have been better off in foster care then having those two for parents. I hope Keith is better with the new set

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2022 7:26 PM

Kidman is a good actress but just like Katie Holmes, another one of Tom's exes, she has a very strange energy. It works very well in certain roles, like The Others and Stoker. But she can't really play warm and spontaneous. Holmes is even more enigmatic. I can't get a read on her at all. There's just a weirdness there. Like attracts like I guess.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2022 7:51 PM

There were rumours in Oz that Nicole got pregnant to Ewan McGregor on the set of Moulin Rouge and that was the beginning of the end......probably malicious gossip.

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2022 8:16 PM

Barter pussy, barter cock, barter headlines and clicks and "momentum."

That's what being a clueless little dictatorial shit on the one hand and a whore on the other.

And sometimes it's interchangeable.

Right, Tom, you stupid cunt? Right, Nicole, you heartless cunt?

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2022 8:33 PM

My ex met Nicole when she was doing the rounds of publicity for The Hours. She was with Julianne Moore and someone else whose name I can't remember. Julianne was sweet and friendly. Nicole, who towered over everyone in the room, was cold and bizarre, her eyes wide in a frozen expression that didn't change much. He extended his hand to her (which he shouldn't have done, and he realized this as he was doing it) and she looked at him as if she didn't understand what he was doing, then limply shook it for a second and stared into the distance. His description, not mine.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2022 11:40 PM

I know a few Australians who work in media or are aspiring actors. They are THE most ambitious people, and mad keen about Hollywood. Nicole did what she had to do, and got to the top.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2022 11:56 PM

I agree with R12. It was a bearding arrangement gone wrong. Explains the lack of interest in the children from that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2022 12:00 AM

R68, it's sad the way they used those kids as props.

by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2022 12:04 AM

@r73, " He extended his hand to her (which he shouldn't have done, and he realized this as he was doing it) and she looked at him as if she didn't understand what he was doing, then limply shook it for a second and stared into the distance. "

Does this bitch think she's royal? 😏

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2022 12:54 AM

#1: it is so odd to me that cruise doesn't realize that no one, I repeat no one makes the leader of their religion, their best friend and hang out with them doing all kinds of non religious activities! If cruise had stayed a catholic, would he expect to be doing the same with the Pope? Seriously, does ole tom think "he (miscavige) is so cool and down to earth, he's not like one of those OTHER religious leaders who think they are above everyone?"....

#2: in regards to his sexuality, cruise allegedly was a big ole horn dog when he was younger, biographies detail interviews with girlfriends who state categorically that they did "the deed" and he was quite into it...His obsession with work, with fame, and "real life" being too hard and that includes relationships, would make him quote "act" asexual, even though I don't think he is.

by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2022 1:15 AM

Many years ago I read an autobiography of a baseball umpire who had a long term affair with Tom Cruise. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'd like to read it again

by Anonymousreply 79June 25, 2022 1:31 AM

I could believe he is into both men and women. I still feel like Tom and Nicole were a real couple

by Anonymousreply 80June 25, 2022 1:54 AM

In Scientology you are told you can clear homosexuality if you just do enough courses.

by Anonymousreply 81June 25, 2022 2:00 AM

R78 he's gay. Lots of gays can have sex with a female. I'm sure tom trained to be good at it. Mimi said he had to focus intently.

by Anonymousreply 82June 25, 2022 6:51 AM

Scarlett Johansson (the top paid/earning actress in Hollywood atm) has openly discussed being “interviewed” for the Tom Cruise sham marriage deal that Katie Holmes ultimately took. Good for both of them that they gtfo…

by Anonymousreply 83June 25, 2022 7:17 AM

R83 she denied auditioning. A security guard who worked for scientology said that a report kept mistakenly being sent to his printer which indicated that scarlet johanssons audition did not go well.

by Anonymousreply 84June 25, 2022 7:40 AM

R34, according to Tony Ortega, when Mimi Rogers started dating Tom, he was a real sex addict and kept cheating, if I recall correctly. So she got him into Scientology to handle his sex addiction. However, this was in the ‘80s, when the Church was having a mass exodus to splinter groups. Mimi’s father was leading a splinter group, so that’s why the Church broke up their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 85June 25, 2022 8:16 AM

This is worth reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 25, 2022 8:19 AM

Sorry, but I can't see Tom as a sex addict or someone who would randomly hook up with women. He was already a weirdo and "intense" back in the 80s. I remember reading that he didn't really get along with the Outsiders cast and it fits that he dated and married older woman. He also dated Cher who was almost 20 years older. What normal 20 year old boy/celebrity is really interested in older women? Aaron Taylor Johnson wife was already in her 40s when they got married, but I think she was grooming him.

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2022 8:39 AM

@r86, That Underground Bunker seems very sympathetic to Scientology while portraying itself as some sort of Scientology expose. 🤔 I'm not sure I buy the whole Tom Cruise sex addict cured by Scientology slant. A lot of it just doesn't add up

Since when does a young, single Hollywood leading man need to be "cured" from enjoying the ladies. Normally that stuff is encouraged. Also, Mimi Rodgers said Tom wasn't much interested in sex, but she was, but then the writer said that she was just kidding. Oh, really?

Nope, doesn't add up

by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2022 9:13 AM

^ Also, if Tom was screwing every woman in Hollywood wouldn't he have been "ME TOOed" by now? Not one woman has come forward with her torrid love affair story with Tom Cruise. No way

by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2022 9:23 AM

R88, the whole blog is about exposing Scientology. Tony Ortega has been writing about Scientology for like 10 years now, he’s the foremost critic. Where did you get the idea that he was sympathetic to Scientology? He didn’t even write that Scientology actually cured him of his “philandering” ways, only that Mimi Rogers believed that it would. When you ask when a young single man needs to be “cured” of enjoying the ladies, I think you missed the part that he was cheating on Mimi and that’s what she wanted to cure.

Btw… Aaron Smith Levinson believes that Suri is not even Tom’s biological child. Mimi Rogers never got pregnant, though they tried. Nicole Kidman could never get pregnant, so they adopted. Suddenly, Katie Holmes can get pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2022 9:52 AM

R88, here is Mimi Rogers’ exact quote: “ Well, here’s the real story. Tom was seriously thinking of becoming a monk. At least for that period of time, it looked as though marriage wouldn’t fit into his overall spiritual need. And he thought he had to be celibate to maintain the purity of his instrument. My instrument needed tuning.”

He was thinking of being a monk? You believe that? Scientology doesn’t have monks. How could you take that quote seriously or literally? Scientologists don’t even have any views regarding celibacy. There are some weird rules in the Sea Org about masturbation, and if you’re in the Sea Org, you can’t have sex unless you’re married, but that’s the Sea Org. Tom and Mimi were not in the Sea Org.

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2022 10:03 AM

@r90, Not once in that article did it say Tom thought he had a problem. Mimi thought he had a problem. Well, according to Mimi he responded so well that he didn't want sex with anyone... Sure, Jan 🙄

Tom was married three times, but has no record of dating anyone except Cher who was old enough to be his mother. Out of three marriages Tom only produced one offspring with wife #3, but wife #1 & #2 each had kids after Tom. I find all of that very closet case Gay

by Anonymousreply 92June 25, 2022 10:04 AM

I think we have some folks from scientology posting to suggest Tammy is straight. Cher,btw, is gay.

by Anonymousreply 93June 25, 2022 2:21 PM

Scarlet is gay so would have been a viable match if Tom was not a madman.

by Anonymousreply 94June 25, 2022 2:23 PM

R92... cruise dated and lived with rebecca demornay after "risky business", he dated sofia vergara, penelope cruz and others, so i'm not sure where you're getting he never dated outside of his marriages?

R90.. kidman had 2 miscarriages and that is why they adopted... kidman's kids with urban were surrogates.....

R89... why would these women be "metoo" if it was consensual?

As I've stated before in biographies, cruise's girlfriends before he was famous all tell a story of him and them having sex and him into it, in fact, the rumors about his sexuality in their words are odd to them because he was having sex with them before he became famous....

AND NO, I"M NOT A CULTIE, and I HATE SCIENTOLOGY AND THEREFORE CRUISE, as i boycott his movies.. However, facts and truth are still needed on this subject matter..

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2022 2:35 PM

^ Because a movie star as big as Tom Cruise doesn't bed 100s of women without some of them spilling the tea. If for no other reason, status. Pick up any tabloid and read everything about the sex lives of any movie star, except Tom Cruise

by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2022 2:52 PM

R94 Scarlet has gotten herself in trouble several times for saying what she really thinks about things—about her right to play an Asian character, about her love of Woody Allen. She's outspoken and honest to a fault and I highly doubt she would play along with any Scientology bullshit. She would go full Remini within a couple of months.

by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2022 2:58 PM

Yeah why shouldn’t he shake her hand at a social event? Was he a valet attendant or waiter?

by Anonymousreply 98June 25, 2022 3:01 PM

Tom was purportedly keen to become a Catholic priest in his teens. My theory is that he was sexually abused by someone/s in the church, which lead him to have a dysfunctional and shameful attitude towards sex. When he found Scientology, it was the opposite of everything he knew from Catholicism - it was a religion that gave him the control he lacked in dealings with his former church.

With regard to the women he has married, I'm sure initially there was something about them that felt safe and comforting. With Mimi, I guess they were pulled in different directions by the COS. With Nicole, I don't think anyone could have anticipated how selfish and ruthless she would become in achieving her goal of career success. And then Katie, whose parents fought hard to get her out of a situation she fell into because she was starstruck and possibly fame hungry.

He's a weird guy but he also seems lile someone desperate to be anyone but his real self. Gay, straight, bi or asexual, I don't know but his whole life just seems sad to me, even with all that money.

by Anonymousreply 99June 25, 2022 3:03 PM

[quote][R8] What the fuck is idk? Are you really so fat and lazy that you can’t type an extra 6 letters?

So, obviously you know what it means. Are you really so tight-assed and controlling that people have to spell out obvious acronyms for you?

Unclench, Joan.

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2022 3:07 PM

Kubrick cast Tom and Nicole in Eyes Wide Shut specifically because of who they are. Tom's character was an arrogant, handsome doctor who thought he was a "good person," but who was drawn to darkness and who was ultimately a total fool. Cruise's character was always insecure about his manhood and threw money around instead of accepting offers when women (a prostitute, a patient's daughter, two women at the holiday party) offered sex to him. All of this translates to Tom as a person in real life. His driving force was not sexuality but the self-worth he derived from having money and social clout because he was a respected doctor. He was "nice" in the sense he was impotent but he wasn't a good person.

Nicole's character in the movie is a brainwashed sex kitten, a former prostitute who was assigned to marry Tom's character and bring him and their young daughter into the sex-magick cult. She is sexually eager and liberated, standing around naked and telling Tom's character she fantasized about a military man fucking her, while Tom is sexually meek and unable to perform no matter what woman propositions him in the movie. She was fully indoctrinated and she successfully plays a role in indoctrinating him by the end and in the end there are visual cues to indicate their daughter will be brought into it. Make of that what you will.

In the very end, Nicole's character tells Tom that they have to "fuck." It's an assignment for him, not something he is drawn to or wants to do; his interest is in his wealth and his notoriety.

Kubrick's movie was meant to cross over into real life. He lost one of his daughters to the church of Scientology and he specifically wanted Tom and Nicole, who were both flattered to have been selected by him, and they were ultimately exploited and exposed by him if you watch the movie with certain things in mind.

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2022 3:12 PM

^ Did Tom and Nicole lack that much self-awareness that they couldn't see what was happening in the movie? I guess two narcissistic movie stars might not see that 🤔

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2022 3:18 PM

R102 Most of the movie's plot as I described it above is not scripted into the movie. It's subtext that never could have been taken from the script alone; much of it comes from having a working knowledge of the context and from the direction—Kubrick's set designs, his cinematography...visuals and music tend to be more significant than the dialogue.

His actors are pawns he moves around, and they wouldn't have any idea of what the end result of the movie would be. Many of his actors have said that he directed them to move and speak in strangely unnatural ways because he wanted them to convey what he had in mind, not naturalistic behaviors and speech. I believe he used Tom and Nicole especially as pawns.

The reason I mention this here (I'm sure it sounds crazy to people.) is because of the comment upthread about someone who met Nicole and how strange her energy was, with her seeming detached and staring blankly. That's how the prostitutes in Eyes Wide Shut behave, and although it isn't said in the movie, Nicole is one of them. That's given away by the appearance of the mask on Tom's pillow (only Nicole could have put it there) and her detached and strange manner of speaking, including with her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2022 3:27 PM

Kubrick lost a daughter to Scientology? And then he hired Tom and Nicole?

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2022 3:34 PM

^ Which makes r103's post all that more believable

I wonder if Tom or Nicole see it now in retrospect?

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Yep

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2022 3:50 PM

[QUOTE]is because of the comment upthread about someone who met Nicole and how strange her energy was, with her seeming detached and staring blankly.

Maybe the reason her behavior was strange and she seemed detached, was, bc she was sucked into a creepy cult who regularly "audits", controls and brainwashes its members. People reported the same strange behavior when Katie was dating Tom. When they first started dating she disappeared for a couple of weeks and returned brainwashed and detached from her family, colleagues and former friends. A friendly description from a director was that Katie was professional but had a strange personal life.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote] When they first started dating she disappeared for a couple of weeks and returned brainwashed and detached from her family, colleagues and former friends.

No one seems to remember or care, but the same thing happened to Melania Trump.

She sneered at Donult when she was forced to move from NYC to DC for appearances. It was many months before she moved. She swatted his hand away in public. She wore crazy clothes and kept her distance and generally embarrassed him over and over.

And then she disappeared for months. Just gone. No explanation. She was gone for long enough that people wondered if something happened to her, and some people speculated she was even swapped out for a time with a double.

Then she returned, claiming she had to undergo a medical procedure—her kidney or something.

Her behavior was entirely different when she returned. She was defensive of Donult, outspoken on his behalf.

Melania was put into some kind of reeducation program. I have no doubt about it. I can't even imagine how it might have been done, but the woman was reprogrammed and came back with a whole new attitude.

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2022 4:39 PM

R95 Tammy dated Melissa Gilbert who is a serial bearder to the nth degree. He dated Cher who is a serial bearder . Sonny was straight,however. Cher is lesbian. Actresses are generally lesbians and I'm not impressed that they would say tammy is heterosexual. Kidman was an unambiguous lesbian who moved on with another gay man. Mimi said tom had to focus hard to have sex. Any evidence I've examined point to Tammy being gay.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote] Actresses are generally lesbians and I'm not impressed

This is one of the strangest, funniest statements I have ever read.

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2022 4:45 PM

R99 being sexually abused does not screw you up that bad. People use sexual abuse as smoke screen to hide what they don't like about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2022 4:49 PM

Off topic . I find it interesting that Nicole is friends with Richard Murdock and that Murdock is married to mick jaggers old beard. Nicole's father was gay.

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2022 4:52 PM

R111 I disagree profoundly. Most childhood sexual assault is far different than an adult rape, for example, which can obviously cause extreme trauma. Kids who are sexually abused are terrorized. It's almost always done by an adult who is close to their family, who first 'love bombs' them by spoiling them, earns their trust, assaults them and then threatens their safety or the safety of their family members and tells them no one would believe them. Kids have NO power in life at all. They have no say. They are physically overpowered by adults, they know adults are smarter than they are, they know adults believe other adults more than they listen to kids, and they are completely trapped in a hell of some person they trusted terrorizing them when and for however long they want.

Why do you think this isn't actually damaging?

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote]Even weirder is that Nicole then went to Lenny Kravitz. At least we know there was fucking there.

Oh do we now...

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2022 4:59 PM

R113 children are resilient. If he was molested, it would have been by a gay man who recognized that Tammy was gay. Macaulay Culkin was likely molested by Michael Jackson and still has fondness for Michael. Even straight guys are not that affected by being molested by a man.

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2022 5:00 PM

R114 tom could have fucked Kravitz.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2022 5:02 PM

@r113, Depends on the abuse. I was sexually abused by a camp counselor at 12. It didn't devastate me, in fact I thought it was part of growing up. But the counselor didn't hurt me either, just sex stuff which part of me was ready for. It has to go on a case by case basis

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2022 5:02 PM

Tom's ADHD was diagnosed when he was young and the doctors wanted him put on drugs. Most people who are afflicted do not want to take drugs and exist in a "zombie" state for life. They then walk the line of being too intense for normal relationships and rejected because of their behavior or suffer the side effects of drugs which make them feel less "alive." Doctors have made progress with drug cocktails which help but back when Tom was young it was more difficult to tailor these cocktails to specific instances. He grew to hate psychiatry and psychiatric drugs and needed to find an organization like Scientology which purported to solve this problem. It hasn't. It never will. He knows it can't be fixed. And that's why people see Tom as being "abnormal." His intensity and focus made him a star but kept him apart from having normal human relationships.

by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2022 5:19 PM

Hmm, he grew up in the 60s and 70s. I doubt there was therapy and medication available for someone with his background. I also think he wasn't diagnosed with ADHS, I read he is dyslexic.

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2022 5:28 PM

Up until the 1960s ADHD was diagnosed as "hyperkinetic disorder." It's has been known since the late 18th century. My BF was put on medication for it when he was a child. I wouldn't wish on anyone what he went through. The drugs did give him a "zombie-like" affect. Recently they have adjusted the medication and he has reverted somewhat but is functional. It's a lifetime struggle for some people.

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2022 5:38 PM

The ADHD (or some mental condition) hypothesis makes sense of Tom's 'triggering' about psychotropic medications. That's a primary teaching of Scientology, that psych meds cover up for demonic alien parasites that otherwise could be purged, so I can imagine how a magically thinking person who had a bad experience with those sorts of medications could become a crusader against them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2022 5:42 PM

Tom claims that doctors wanted to put him on medication when he was 7-years-old. He claims he was diagnosed with dyslexia. Drugs are NOT used to treat dyslexia, which is a learning disability. However, if he was diagnosed instead with ADHD, which I believe he was, drugs would be suggested.

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote] They are THE most ambitious people, and mad keen about Hollywood

You're right about that r14.

Sold the hole and the pole and they're still trying to make me happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2022 6:00 PM

I never would have guessed that Kubrick's daughter would turn out that way.

by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2022 6:01 PM

R124 Neither would he have guessed. He wanted her to score Eyes Wide Shut and she agreed and then backed out and shut him out. I suspect she either figured out or else someone else did and told her that he was not making a movie about intimacy issues between a couple (as it was heavily advertised, promoted by claims of erotic and possibly real penetrative sex on film between Tom and Nicole), but about a cult that brainwashed people and used them to lure in other people to brainwash. To me this seems like a reasonable explanation not only for why she quit but shy she suddenly severed ties.

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2022 6:06 PM

R99: There was an account I read on another blog about a guy who supposedly went to seminary school when Cruise would have been in his late teens. According to him Cruise was only there for a couple of weeks before leaving, but during that time they roomed together and he claimed they hooked up.

He said they messed around a little bit but since neither one of them was out it didn’t lead to anything serious. This guy ended up completing seminary training and became a priest before leaving and coming out as gay.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2022 7:18 PM

What's a seminary for if not insemenation?

by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2022 7:20 PM

@r121, Both those jackasses look like, "How dare you speak to me in that tone. I'm smarter, no, I'm smarter"

You're both idiots 😂

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2022 7:23 PM

Watching Matt Lauers downfall was quite entertaining. One of the few good things that occured between 2016 and 2018 was watching how many smug media assholes were felled by the me too movement. And they tended to be journalists known for being sanctimonious twats.

by Anonymousreply 129June 25, 2022 7:25 PM

She should be very grateful she did not have any bio kids with Tom, because she would never seen them again.

by Anonymousreply 130June 26, 2022 1:38 AM

R130 Katie sees Suri daily.

by Anonymousreply 131June 26, 2022 1:46 AM

Because Katie learned from what happened to Nicole and prepared accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 132June 26, 2022 1:49 AM

I just watched Eyes Wide Shut yet again.

They couldn't even act interested in each other for 5 seconds in that film.

And her line delivery is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 133June 26, 2022 2:07 AM

Why are pedo apologists clustering on a Tammy Cruise thread?

by Anonymousreply 134June 26, 2022 2:11 AM

R133 Kubrick wanted her to act that way, like she had been partially lobotomized. He also had Jack Nicholson ham it up and act directly to the camera and tormented Shelly Duvall to make her a hysterical mess. Kubrick got what he wanted out of his actors. Acting and dialogue delivery in 2001 wasn't naturalistic, either.

In EWS, many of the exchanges between people are unbelievable, including the creepy costume store owner and his daughter, Domino the prostitute, the prostitute at the sex party, the rich man, the daughter of the dead patient, the hotel clerk played by Alan Cumming. All the dialogue was stilted and unbelievable intentionally. Even New York was unbelievable because it was actually London.

by Anonymousreply 135June 26, 2022 2:14 AM

The Catholic Church in Australia allowed Nicole to marry Keith Urban because it didn't recognise her Scientology union to Tom as valid.

by Anonymousreply 136June 26, 2022 6:05 AM

This idea that she was a hooked sent to inculcate him into a cult is batty.

This movie is about women, and other lesser human beings becoming commodities that the reach can buy and leach life energy from.

Tom's character is a doctor and they make much emphasis that in "normal" society, he is the pinnacle. Yet even he is reduced to a little bitch they can hand money and a slap to and make him walk away, because they can buy and sell anyone. That is the nature of our social hierarchy.

This movie is an answer to the question of whether Kubrick was a feminist or not. Women are meat in this system, only trained from youth to cater to their looks and bankability, regardless of their inner selves. The wife is trying to educate the child and society gives her a Barbie doll instead. The teenage daughter is used as bait at the costume shop for intentional blackmail, and is a hollow doll that has learned to enjoy her small power over adult men but she too will end up on a morgue's slab just like the only human we meet during the film is implied to also be heading that way (Domino the hooker) is the only human the audience encounters in the film. She is the only one honest about what she is that can also face what she is and still treat the person in front of her humanely and with some authenticity. Everyone else is obeying a role society has thrust on them, except for the unbridled rich who own everyone else and do the role assignment.

The wife tells the husband he can't deal with what women are really like because our whole society has been arranged to make sure that women are always catering to what others want from them or expect them to be.

by Anonymousreply 137June 26, 2022 10:35 AM

One way to know Kubrick was a great artist is that different people have crystal clear, entirely different interpretations of his movies.

Some people really think 2001 is just a movie about a computer program that doesn't want to die, and that it's boring. It *is* a boring movie if you think that's what the movie is saying. It's possibly the most brilliant movie ever made if you watch it and see an entirely different kind of movie with an entirely different purpose.

by Anonymousreply 138June 26, 2022 10:44 AM

Or you can dimly grok the deeper meaning and still think it's a better sleep aid than benzos.

Our falsely produced AI evolutionary machine successor falling back on the reptile brain we designed into it rather than organic evolution to a higher plane that a living organism is capable of, set to music and hallucinogenic visuals is not difficult to see.

by Anonymousreply 139June 26, 2022 11:05 AM

Well Brad Pitt and Gwenyth Paltrow seem like a million years ago and hard to believe they were ever together.

by Anonymousreply 140June 26, 2022 11:07 AM

I don’t understand R139. 😞

by Anonymousreply 141June 26, 2022 6:26 PM

Both Tom and Nicole were laser focused onachieving greater stardom in the 90s, which is why they were a good couple for ten years. She wanted to be a huge glamorous movie star (which she eventually achieved), and he wanted to be the greatest movie star of all time (which is debatable whether he achieved or not).

I still never have heard anyone who is able to explain clearly why they broke up. There's some specific incident where she disappointed him ("Ask Nicole what she did," he once memorably said to the press), but it's never been made clear or written down anywhere. I've heard alternately it was an affair or it was an abortion or something. She was lucky to get out of there, although she had to abandon the children to him--but I think she was never much interested in Connor or Isabella from all indications.

by Anonymousreply 142June 26, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote] She should be very grateful she did not have any bio kids with Tom, because she would never seen them again.

You're suggesting adopted children are disposable?

by Anonymousreply 143June 26, 2022 6:34 PM

more so than biological kids, kids you never really wanted in the first place, yes, R143

by Anonymousreply 144June 26, 2022 7:34 PM

Nicole Kidman is embarrassingly awful in Eyes Wide Shut. Amateur theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 145June 27, 2022 5:29 AM

[quote] My ex met Nicole when she was doing the rounds of publicity for The Hours. She was with Julianne Moore and someone else whose name I can't remember.

Don't worry about it, r73. She's pretty forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 146June 27, 2022 5:33 AM

One of those Scientology whistleblowers said in a TV interview that he personally heard a very young Bella refer to her mother as "a fucking SP", after the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 147June 27, 2022 6:22 AM

Keith urban is the same sex as Nicole. Catholic church is slipping.

by Anonymousreply 148June 27, 2022 3:45 PM

The phone call transcript is interesting. Nicole and Keith Urban are always extra on the red carpet and the constant declarations of love. I guess she's always been exhausting and needing constant affirmation.

by Anonymousreply 149June 27, 2022 8:31 PM

I went to see Top Gun with my family and the famous Nicole Kidman AMC commercial came on. With all the reasons why it became a meme: the dramatic score, the cheap looking suit, her eyes of wonderment as she watches a generic action sequence from one of the Jurassic World. AMC selling us the magic of the cinematic experience.

Then pops Tom Cruise, looking like he's on a zoom call to the audience, thanking them on behalf of the cast and crew for choosing to see the film in theater to highlight the craft involved in making the movie. He appeared naturalistic in his gratitude, grey, a little more wrinkly than I've seen him.

What a contrast, I thought to myself, someone should write a thinkpiece or maybe a DL post.

by Anonymousreply 150June 27, 2022 9:56 PM

Keith Urban is about as urban as a Connecticut soccer mom.

by Anonymousreply 151June 28, 2022 12:44 AM

R151 Well, what is he going to do? Change his name to Keith Country?

by Anonymousreply 152June 28, 2022 1:06 AM

Do you think Tom has sex at all anymore or is he like a fully religious being.

by Anonymousreply 153June 28, 2022 7:11 AM

Nicole serving GLAM realness, post-Balenciaga show recently

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 7, 2022 1:58 PM

Nicole popped her Catwalk Cherry at Balenciaga 51st Couture show, Paris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 7, 2022 2:04 PM

Access has the highlights of the Balenciaga show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 7, 2022 2:14 PM

Wasn’t it just that her 10 year contract was up?

by Anonymousreply 157July 7, 2022 2:22 PM

R157 I doubt it. In California after 10 years the less-rich spouse is entitled to 50% of the other person's assets. Scientology lawyers would've made sure than the marriage ended before then.

by Anonymousreply 158July 7, 2022 2:53 PM

The phone call transcript at the link. My favorite part:

TOM: Tell me what I haven't done. I didn't go out to the set tonight to see you.

NICOLE: Not tonight, Tom. Have you done anything? Have you come out to the set once? OK? Have you sent me a rose? Have you...

TOM: Have you sent me a rose? I came home with two roses...

NICOLE: Did you give me anything? Did you give me a note, did you give me a bunch of flowers?

TOM: Nic, did I get any flowers when I came back from Eyes Wide Shut? I was waiting here, I had the candles lit, I had a bath ready for you.

NICOLE: I don't really want this, OK? I don't want to spend my whole dinner break on the phone yelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 7, 2022 3:09 PM

TOM: Listen to me Nic, just listen to me. I miss you. I love you. I think about you all day long. You're a knucklehead, a knucklehead for thinking that I don't care, I'm not loving. I'm embarrassed that I was tired last night. I apologise, OK?

NICOLE: Tom. It's every night!

TOM: That's not true. Honey, that is not true. I'm recovering from a broken foot, look at a little of the effects.

NICOLE: I do look at some of the things...you say you're exhausted. How do you think that makes me feel?

by Anonymousreply 160July 7, 2022 3:10 PM

TOM: Hey Nic, listen to me OK? Come on now. It's 11pm at night. I've been up since 6.30 in the morning. OK?

NICOLE: But every night. Why don't you have a little bit of excitement and say: 'Hi baby.'

TOM: I did, and then I said: 'Hey baby.'

NICOLE: No, you did not, Tom.

TOM: I can take a little excitement. I've been waiting for you.

NICOLE: I don't want to go on and on, there's someone listening on the phone!

TOM: Who's there?

NICOLE: You know, people outside.

TOM: Oh, f**k 'em!

NICOLE: We're on the cellular!

TOM: Oh, f**k 'em, I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 161July 7, 2022 3:12 PM

TOM: I know, that was good, really good. Oh Niccy babes, come on now.

NICOLE: What?

TOM: I'm a sweetheart. Why don't you just admit it? Just give in to it. Most of the time I'm adorable. I'm just absolutely adorable, Nic (laughs). Come on, laugh a little.

by Anonymousreply 162July 7, 2022 3:13 PM

Throwback: Nicole expands her dietary choices

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 7, 2022 4:08 PM

The phone transcript is a strange read.

by Anonymousreply 164July 7, 2022 4:09 PM

Phone conversation sounds very scripted.

by Anonymousreply 165July 7, 2022 4:21 PM

NICOLE: "Hello, Urban residence. Nicole speaking."

TOM: "Nic? This is Tom."

NICOLE: "Tom? I haven't heard from you for years! It's so unlike you to call."

TOM: "Yeah, I thought I should just call you to see if you wanted to hear from me about how the kids are doing... you know, OUR kids, Bella and Connor. I thought you might be concerned about how their lives have turned out now they're adults."

***long pause***

NICOLE: "BWA-HA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, you always could make me laugh!"

TOM: "Thought that would give you a giggle! Stay gold, Nic!"

***hangs up***

by Anonymousreply 166July 7, 2022 5:11 PM

She looks so weird in Birth. I can’t watch it.

by Anonymousreply 167July 7, 2022 7:28 PM

Nicole Kidman is a terrible actress in everything, and please don't mention "To Die For" because anyone would have been fine in that simple role including Goldie Hawn, or my mother, who is not an actress!

by Anonymousreply 168July 8, 2022 4:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!