Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman phone Fight - Transcript

TOM: Nic, come on, you've just got to f*****g let up on me for a second, OK? Yes, you do .Nic. Look at the things that I do do all right, and stop making me walk around. That makes me feel terrible you saying that, it makes me feel like s*** and I don't like feeling like s**t. You should make me feel good.

NICOLE: Oh, God - get off it! You don't like feeling like s***t." Make yourself feel good!

TOM: I'm telling you Nic - I'm telling you how I feel, too.

NICOLE: We've been hanging on by a f*****g thread, OK? A thread. You know it and I know it.

TOM: Nic, I want this relationship, OK? You know that and I have been making an effort. I have been!

NICOLE: (sighs) Tom, you know you haven't.

TOM: (voice raised) What are you talking about? How much more of an effort? Do you want me to f*****g drive you to work every day?

NICOLE: No...

TOM: No, I'm telling you Nic, it's like you're being unreasonable man, and I'm sorry, but you are being f*****g unreasonable (shouting).

NICOLE: No, you know...

TOM: (shouting) What do I know, Nic?

NICOLE: Just look at your behaviour!

TOM: Because it's frustrating Nic, that's why I'm yelling. Because at a certain point, an individual has to say: 'What are you talking about?'

NICOLE: Not an individual Tom, stop talking in generalisations! You know exactly what I'm talking about. And you can yell and scream and carry on and swear, but you know exactly what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 110March 21, 2019 3:00 PM

TOM: No I don't Nic. Tell me what I haven't done. I didn't go out to the set tonight to see you.

NICOLE: Not tonight, Tom. Have you done anything? Have you come out to the set once? OK? Have you sent me a rose? Have you...

TOM: Have you sent me a rose? I came home with two roses...

NICOLE: Did you give me anything? Did you give me a note, did you give me a bunch of flowers?

TOM: Nic, did I get any flowers when I came back from Eyes Wide Shut? I was waiting here, I had the candles lit, I had a bath ready for you.

NICOLE: I don't really want this, OK? I don't want to spend my whole dinner break on the phone yelling.

TOM: No, because you think about what you don't have Nic. Why don't you try thinking about what you do have?

NICOLE: No, Tom, I know what I have. I have two glorious, beautiful children, I had a great relationship that is now not a great relationship, OK? I know that, I know that.

TOM: (voice softens) OK Nic, all right. OK.

NICOLE: I have a career that I work very, very hard at and so do you. But I have a loving, loving family. I know all of this.

TOM: All right.

NICOLE: And until we start admitting something and dealing with this stuff, it's never going to go anywhere Tom. It just gets worse and worse. You know, it surprised me that I didn't get anything on the first day of the shoot.

TOM: Right, Nic! I bought you the most beautiful Indian jewellery a week ago for finishing a picture and for starting your new picture. I knew everything that was going on, Honey come on. You knew I went out of my way. You knew.

(Nicole tries to interrupt, Tom raises his voice) It's about the fact that I love you Nic!

NICOLE: A little red rose, it's something...

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 3:41 PM

Tom Cruise was hot in 1987.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 3:42 PM

NICOLE:You want to know something? No, Tom, it's not... (tape inaudible) You yell and scream and hurl abuse and say I'm so f***ed to have a relationship with, and I'm so awful, and I'm such a bitch and all this stuff - well you want to know something? That's really bad, that's bad!

TOM: I know. I know this.

NICOLE: And that's what they name in emotional abuse!

TOM: I know, also the emotional abuse that I'm under!

NICOLE: Tom, there's no love here, right, you're under emotional abuse, I'm abusing you, you're abusing me. Tom, this isn't worth it!

You have two very unhappy people, OK, who spend too much time apart and in the past have hurt each other too much.

TOM: Nic, everything's fine and then it's like you go on about I didn't get you a rose for starting... a week ago, a week ago you were going and I got you the beautiful Indian jewellery. It's like one thing, it's like I don't do right, it's just...

NICOLE: No, no. It's not and you knowTOM: Yes, it is Nic. I come home and I've got two roses for you, I'm so happy to see you. I come home, you come home, I've got the candles lit, I've got the kids organised for you in bed, and what do you say?

(Nicole tries to interrupt)

TOM: (raised voice) No, listen to me Nic, listen to me!

NICOLE: I'm not doing this now, OK?

(Tom and Nicole start talking about plans for son Connor's third birthday)

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 3:42 PM

NICOLE: You don't even know this is about your child...

TOM: (sighs) I don't even care. I just want to have us a nice day. I just want it to be us.

NICOLE: No, because Angus (husband of Nicole's sister Antonia) is coming and you're going skiing and I'm not going to be able to come up to where you are!

TOM: Why?

NICOLE: Because I'm on stand-by. And it's too much for me anyway to be flying up there.

TOM: You can't come up?

NICOLE:No, I can't. And I tell you something, we haven't spent any time together Tom! You just don't make an effort. I come home and all you ever say is: 'I'm exhausted.'

TOM: Honey, I said that last night. I did not say that the night before.

NICOLE: Yes, you did, Tom, you did. All right? You did. And then it was the first thing you said tonight. And I'm sick of it, I'm sick of it! And if it's not: 'I've got to get the kids from school,' it's: 'I'm working, I don't have any time for you.'And Tom, I've heard this for so long now and you're not working now and you're still saying it.

TOM: I just said I was tired, OK?

NICOLE: You're not working now!

TOM: Honey, listen to me...

NICOLE: I don't want to listen...

TOM: Listen to me Nic, just listen to me. I miss you. I love you. I think about you all day long. You're a knucklehead, a knucklehead for thinking that I don't care, I'm not loving. I'm embarrassed that I was tired last night. I apologise, OK?

NICOLE: Tom. It's every night!

TOM: That's not true. Honey, that is not true. I'm recovering from a broken foot, look at a little of the effects.

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 3:44 PM

NICOLE: I do look at some of the things...you say you're exhausted. How do you think that makes me feel? Im trying to do something for our son.

TOM: Just give him cake and he's happy, and a movie and dinner. And it will just be you, me and Isabella. You know? I love you, OK? I care about you and I care for you and I love you. Think of... a husband, you know, I mean...

NICOLE: Tom, I call, all I hear is: "You've gotta come, you've gotta come." I don't hear any consideration for me or anything,... and then angry, yelling at me on the phone. I come back and all the time you're saying how exhausted you are. Well I'm sick of it.

TOM: Hey Nic, listen to me OK? Come on now. It's 11pm at night. I've been up since 6.30 in the morning. OK?

NICOLE: But every night. Why don't you have a little bit of excitement and say: 'Hi baby.'

TOM: I did, and then I said: 'Hey baby.'

NICOLE: No, you did not, Tom.

TOM: I can take a little excitement. I've been waiting for you.

NICOLE: I don't want to go on and on, there's someone listening on the phone!

TOM: Who's there?

NICOLE: You know, people outside.

TOM: Oh, f**k 'em!

NICOLE: We're on the cellular!

TOM: Oh, f**k 'em, I don't care.

NICOLE: We're right on location, there'll be someone sitting outside...

TOM: Hey, Nic, Nic!

NICOLE: What?

TOM: Nic, it's going to be better. We'll just be alone together on Sunday with the kids - he'll have his cake, he'll love it, he'll have a ball. All he cares about is that chocolate cake and getting some presents.

NICOLE: And the movie.

TOM: And the movie, he'll love the movie.

NICOLE: I've been trying to find a good movie.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 3:45 PM

TOM: I know, that was good, really good. Oh Niccy babes, come on now.

NICOLE: What?

TOM: I'm a sweetheart. Why don't you just admit it? Just give in to it. Most of the time I'm adorable. I'm just absolutely adorable, Nic (laughs). Come on, laugh a little.

NICOLE: How is your foot?

TOM: Feeling better actually. You know, it p****s me off. I can't run, you know, and I'm always having to put these pads on it, you know. Honey, this school I think is terrific. I'm going to check the Montessori school out.

NICOLE: Don't bother. Hi! (starts talking to someone else in the room).

TOM: (to himself) Great (to Nicole) Do you have to go have hair and make-up now?

NICOLE: Yes

TOM: Hey Nic, listen to me, OK? I love you, Bubba. I love you. You know, you're making a movie, we're just getting zeroed in here. I love you.

NICOLE: I have a fat ass!

TOM: (laughs) You don't have a fat ass.

NICOLE: (tape inaudible)

TOM: Really? Wow? (muffled) Listen, Nic, Listen to me, OK? I love you, I really love you.You know I'm holding the fort down here and getting these kids and doing my share. And I'm sorry if I was tired. I'm sorry. Oh, I'm sorry Bubba.

NICOLE: : And taking sides...

TOM: I was feeling sorry for myself having to say... 'Oh God look', you know. I mean I was feeling sorry for myself. I was feeling bad for me. I was thinking: 'Oh God, I hate having to call people and say... oh, you know, I just felt bad for myself. Honey, it's fine, don't even...

NICOLE: I'm not worried, I'm just telling you...

TOM: I know, I know, I know. OK.

OK. Hello? Hello? (appears to be cut off) Niccy?

NICOLE: Hi, I'm just going to go and lie down.

TOM: OK, listen to me, OK? I love you. Just know that. All right? We're not... by a thread.

NICOLE:Yeah

TOM: All right?

NICOLE: (whispers) I love you.

TOM: Sleep.

NICOLE: Bye.

TOM: I love you, bye.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 3:46 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 3:48 PM

She is so needy.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 3:49 PM

NICOLE: What unemployed Datalounger needs to leave it in her creative writing class?

TOM: Nic, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 3:50 PM

What I got from this is Nicole can't afford plane tickets so she flies stand-by.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 3:51 PM

r9 the phone calls are real, Keith! Receipts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 3:51 PM

If this is genuine then he's better off without her. She's the type of greedy, selfish woman that's always disappointed in her man.

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2018 3:52 PM

They were young so I'm going to give this a slight past, but they sound exactly like entitled A-List movie star cliches.

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2018 3:54 PM

"Not tonight, Nic. I have a headache!"

"Tom, you had a headache last night!"

"I'm washing my hair!"

"You don't have any hair, it's a wig..."

"Nic, listen to me... LISTEN TO ME!!! I hurt my back. I can't have sex, I'm in agony..."

"Tom, you just arranged to go wrestle with David Miscavige again later."

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2018 3:55 PM

R9 The phone call is REAL, it was leaked in 2001 after their divorce.

It was Pellicano who tapped it, He ended up going to jail for unlawful wire tapping and other crimes.loads of big stars were implicated in the case like tom cruise, Michael Jackson, John Travolta and Elizabeth Taylor, chris rock and many more

Apparently nicole phone was bugged for a while months before tom cruise filed for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2018 3:56 PM

That sounded so fake.

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2018 3:56 PM

The media reporting the phone call leak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2018 3:57 PM

TOM! You haven't seen me anything! A ROSE! A ROSE, TOM!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2018 3:57 PM

Nicole Kidman sounds like a needy bitch

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2018 3:58 PM

"Oh, Niccy Babes" cracked me the hell up! Do you guys remember these creepy interviews they did during the promo tour for Eyes Wide Shut? Kidman's reaction to being asked about Kubrick's death was so staged!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2018 4:00 PM

Nicbabes, lol. Oh my. Very fake. Deliberately recorded?

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2018 4:01 PM

This was apparently in 1998 because they talked about Connor third birthday, Connor was born/adopted in 1995

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2018 4:03 PM

She also sounded like she was spoiled and didn't appreciate the things he did do for her. These two clearly were better off not together.

by Anonymousreply 23April 22, 2018 4:06 PM

Okay, so yesterday and today we have an obsessed Tom fan who writes very, very poorly.

by Anonymousreply 24April 22, 2018 4:08 PM

I remember when this was published, though I don't think what made print was this long

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2018 4:08 PM

Bickering Australian actress Nicole Kidman was a victim of phone tapping by a paparazzi who then attempted to sell the story to the News of the World, according to US reports and court documents.

The story, with transcript of the conversation, found it's way into New Idea just after Rupert Murdoch sold his interest in the magazine. On December 11, 1998 the New York Post reported that a "top photographer", Eric Ford, was charged with using a modified scanner to tape a call between Nicole and husband Tom Cruise.

The New York Post added that on the tape the couple are heard bickering. Ford, who pleaded not guilty, was freed on $10,000 bail pending trial. Ford attempted to sell the information to the News of the World and to Globe Communications, according to court documents.

The Los Angeles Times noted that according to the indictment, Ford had intercepted and recorded a conversation between Cruise and Kidman on February 5. Kidman was talking to Cruise from her car phone just after leaving the set of the movie Practical Magic.

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2018 4:09 PM

"Niccybabes? Please, Niccy! I love you, Nicaboo!!! NIC-NIC!!!!! Are you still there? Nicaragua, PLEASE!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2018 4:10 PM

She has a loving family ... does she even see the two kids anymore?

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2018 4:10 PM

Oh...my...GAWD!!! 😲

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2018 4:12 PM

Women are so impossible. They think you are emotionally abusing them unless you’re constantly giving them gifts.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2018 4:14 PM

Why was she fixated on a rose?! the guy bought her jewellery but she still mad he didn't buy her a rose!

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2018 4:15 PM

[quote]I had the candles lit, I had a bath ready for you.

What clueless men think women want in the romance department.

by Anonymousreply 32April 22, 2018 4:16 PM

JFC! These people are EXHAUSTING and know *nothing* about how real people live their relationships. Many times when my partner and I are going through busy spells at work we are lucky to hit the pillow with a quick glance at each other before going to sleep. INDIAN JEWELRY when she finished filming??!! What kind of narcissist needs all this constant validation?

by Anonymousreply 33April 22, 2018 4:19 PM

Nicole sounds uptight and demanding, Tom sounds the way he does in most movies, like Jerry McGuire, whiney, and "Hollywoody".

by Anonymousreply 34April 22, 2018 4:19 PM

This is why you don't date actors. Crazy as a rat in a coffee can, every single one of them, male or female.

by Anonymousreply 35April 22, 2018 4:20 PM

To be fair to Nicole, she was probably hitting the roof out of frustration due to lack of penis for several years. She's obviously using "rose" as a euphemism for hard throbbing cock.

"You never gave me a rose, Tom!"

"I ran you a bath, Nic. I bought you some jewelry..."

"I wanted a ROSE, Tom. I NEEDED A ROSE!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 36April 22, 2018 4:23 PM

R36 LMAO

by Anonymousreply 37April 22, 2018 4:24 PM

r36 is correct, Nic hasn't gotten any in a long time and her husband is a disassociating homosexualist knucklehead.

by Anonymousreply 38April 22, 2018 4:28 PM

Sounds like a fake conversation to convince us they r straight.

by Anonymousreply 39April 22, 2018 4:34 PM

I want the audio.

by Anonymousreply 40April 22, 2018 4:35 PM

She needs roses and jewellery on the first day of every movie? anyway, Nicole was so over the whole thing (I can imagine her cheating, so I think those rumors might be true) but Tom sounds like he can't even hear that she's totally given up, he's like acting like it's gonna work out, he really didn't want their marriage to end.

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2018 4:36 PM

[quote]What clueless men think women want in the romance department.

Why does it always seem that what they really want is something they’re not getting? I suspect if he HAD got her a rose every day (or whatever it is she wanted), she’d revert to “why can’t you just give me [other thing] instead of this fucking rose every day?”

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2018 4:37 PM

It's not Fake. The transcript has been on the internet for years , even back then tabloids posted about it. I am just posting here for all the people that didn't know about it.

by Anonymousreply 43April 22, 2018 4:39 PM

Lots of Tom apologists on this thread, blaming Nicole. He's a gay robot. And a cultist. And in denial. She's an unfucked diva. They are both ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 44April 22, 2018 4:42 PM

BUT HE'S ADORABLE!

by Anonymousreply 45April 22, 2018 4:44 PM

My sister told me that one Valentine's Day her husband greeted her at the door after work, naked with a hard on. All she thought was "Ugh, wish he'd done the dishes and cooked." That's what working women really want for romance. They want a guy who shows he cares by doing something selfless. Sex is still all about them getting something out of it and a lot of women are exhausted from holding down jobs then coming home to cook, clean and do laundry, then expected to perform sexually. They are fucking exhausted.

Give the sisters a break.

by Anonymousreply 46April 22, 2018 4:44 PM

Fake as in they knew their “phone conversation” was going to be leaked.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2018 4:46 PM

Thanks OP, I saw this years ago and promptly forgot all about it.

Fun Sunday reading.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2018 4:46 PM

Tom Cruise chapter in Janet Reitman's recent book "Inside Scientology.":

In the mid 80s Tom Cruise begain Scientology training with then wife Mimi Rogers at a place called Enhancement Center in Sherman Oaks. Mimi's entire family was involved in Scientology - her father worked with L.Ron and had a high rank in the church.

- David Miscavige finds out Cruise is getting involved in Scientology, orders the people at Enhancement Center to turn him over to Celebrity Center so he can get his clutches into Tom.

- Miscavige is adamant that every part of Tom's Scientology experience is controlled so he can only experience the church a certain way. The celebrities are unaware of this, but their involvement is scripted so they only see the positive aspect of Scientology. This entails everything from researching the celebrity to find out what they like/respond to and then pairing them with a person who represents those values. This was around the time Tom was prepping for Born on the 4th of July, so they had a Vietnam vet serve as his supervisor so that they'd get close, since Tom was playing a vet and needed to talk to someone to research the role.

- They develop whole strategies about how to recruit certain people and have a wishlist of celebrities.

- Miscavige made it his business to befriend Tom and buddy up with him.

- Reports of Tom's audits were analyzed and given to Miscavige so that they could find ways to better connect with him / make him more dependent on the church. They discovered he was afraid of guns via. an audit and Miscavige arranged for them to set up a private range so he could teach Tom skeet shooting / help him get over his fear with the goal that he'd be grateful to the church.

- Nicole was devout Catholic never into Scientology but participated because it meant a lot to Tom.

- Cruise reached OT3 aka Operating Thetan 3, the part of Scientology where you learn all the crazy ass stuff about aliens and what not and he freaked out because he thought it was ridiculous. At this point he attempts to distance himself from the church. He stops going to the Celebrity Center and INT for several years after this.

- During this time he appears in several films that the church does not approve of - Interview with a Vampire, most notably since the Scientologists were angry at the fact Lestat was sexually ambiguous.

- Cruise and Kidman begin work on Eyes Wide Shut, a film members of the church do not approve of due to its sexual content. He also signs up for Magnolia, another film Miscavige doesn't approve of.

- Miscavige begins to plot about getting Tom back into the fold. Calls him "out-ethics" and "off-purpose" in Scientology staff newsletters, etc. Cuts off communication. He also blames Nicole Kidman for Tom not being as into Scientology.

- Miscavige is the one responsible for the Cruise / Kidman divorce. He did it as a means to get Tom closer to the church, away from Nicole's influence and more dependent on him. It is rumored that Miscavige planted the idea in Cruise's head that Nicole's pregnancy was the result of infidelity.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2018 4:52 PM

Nicole Kidman is a piece of work. Who does she think she is--Betty in accounting who needs to receive a rose to show off to her girlfriends?

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2018 4:54 PM

Faked or not, he comes off as a gaslighting narcissist...... no help for those people

by Anonymousreply 51April 22, 2018 4:59 PM

If it's real, it's beyond boring. I thought she was gonna get into Scientology or homosexuality, but it's just pages of the same needy whining by "Nic".

by Anonymousreply 52April 22, 2018 5:02 PM

I was married to a woman once and this conversation could have been us.

I'd say I love you when I didn't, couldn't. Played the "I'm exhausted" card to avoid sex. I was an ass.

Tom IS a gaslighting narcissist, r51. Well put.

by Anonymousreply 53April 22, 2018 5:03 PM

They deserved each other.

by Anonymousreply 54April 22, 2018 5:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 22, 2018 5:15 PM

Nicole was just as much of a narcissist as Tom. I'm so sick of her defenders. The transcript speaks for itself... she was a demanding, self centred twit.

by Anonymousreply 56April 22, 2018 5:15 PM

The only thing Nicole has over Tom is that she didn't get sucked into his "religion."

by Anonymousreply 57April 22, 2018 5:16 PM

I forgot all about this. So funny.

In a nutshell:

Tom: You. Complete. Me. You're a KNUCKLEHEAD, a KNUCKLEHEAD for thinking that I don't care! That I'm not LOVING! And... line, please?

Nicole: I WANTED A MOTHERFUCKING ROOOOOOOOSE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 58April 22, 2018 5:25 PM

Tom gave the rose to his boyfriend, David Miscarriage.

by Anonymousreply 59April 22, 2018 7:56 PM

The thing this highlights, most of all, is that they’re both shallow and neither is especially bright.

by Anonymousreply 60April 22, 2018 8:45 PM

They are such morons. Nature is all knowing: Thank gawd they weren't able to beget a begat.

by Anonymousreply 61April 22, 2018 9:39 PM

50 Shades of Tiresome

by Anonymousreply 62April 22, 2018 9:55 PM

It's real R12.

I remember the call being a sensation on Inside Edition and the like.

And, YES, Nicole sounds impossible.

by Anonymousreply 63April 22, 2018 10:19 PM

My daddy died.

by Anonymousreply 64April 22, 2018 10:36 PM

Well you’re half right Suri, he’s dead but just on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2018 10:38 PM

I can see how Miscavige leveraged their deteriorating relationship to get Cruise back in Scientology's clutches. Since Tom is pretty feeble minded, it wasn't too hard.

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2018 10:39 PM

I don't get why she was so focused on the rose or why he was so focused on giving her the Indian jewelry. Isn't Native American jewelry pretty cheap-ass stuff for people in their income bracket? He speaks of it like he gave her the Star of Africa....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2018 10:45 PM

I think Nicole is tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2018 10:50 PM

But she KNEW someone was listening to their conversation (not just her side) on their phone, which is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2018 10:57 PM

R69 she was talking about the person standing outside her trailer, I assume that was the security person assigned by the film set to watch her trailer. She isn’t implying the phone call was being recorded, she meant there were members of the crew milling around, including the person assigned to her trailer who might overhear her side of the call.

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2018 11:17 PM

OP didn't give us a rose. Just one rose.

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2018 11:30 PM

Keith knows the drill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 23, 2018 12:05 AM

R72 hahaaaaaaaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 73April 23, 2018 12:06 AM

This whole conversation seemed fake to me. Even if real, they are the two most boring people on the planet, arguing about ice cream, roses and jewelry.

by Anonymousreply 74April 23, 2018 12:14 AM

Even if she got a rose every day, surely she's smart enough to realize that all it meant is that Tom told his assistant to set up a daily order.

My first impression was that the conversation was faked, but it reminds me so much of junior high drama that I think it's real. I can picture her in her trailer writing "Mrs. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman Cruise" over and over and over in the margins of her script

by Anonymousreply 75April 23, 2018 12:18 AM

What a pair of twits...and maybe twats

by Anonymousreply 76April 23, 2018 12:20 AM

Is this the one where she tells Tom she knows about his secrets? I think she was brainwashed into thinking they had a real marriage despite his homosexuality

by Anonymousreply 77April 23, 2018 12:20 AM

[quote]TOM: Listen to me Nic, just listen to me. I miss you. I love you. I think about you all day long. You're a knucklehead, a knucklehead for thinking that I don't care, I'm not loving. I'm embarrassed that I was tired last night. I apologise, OK?

[quote] I'm embarrassed that I was tired

I think he's embarrassed he couldn't get it up

by Anonymousreply 78April 23, 2018 12:58 AM

Isn't Nicole a serial beard? I guess some gay men use straight women as unknowing beards. Maybe Melissa Gilbert doesn't know that her last ten boyfriends are gay.

by Anonymousreply 79April 23, 2018 1:17 AM

R78 or just not in the mood. She may have done the whole sexy lingerie and candles thing and he just wasn’t that into it. If you read between the lines of this idiotic conversation she seems to be asking why don’t you fuck me anymore.

by Anonymousreply 80April 23, 2018 2:31 AM

What is that called When someone constantly shift the conversation or question back to you? This is my shitty selfish ex- their behavior.

Nicole: where was my rose?

Tom: where was MY rose?

Nicole: I didn’t hear from you..

Tom: I didn’t hear from you either.

by Anonymousreply 81April 23, 2018 2:50 AM

r81- Isn't that what Clams do when confronted?

by Anonymousreply 82April 23, 2018 4:03 AM

I don’t know about clams, but sociopaths do that r82. They mirror the behaviour of other people because they don’t know how to act or what to say in order to come across as “normal” so they copy the language of those around them.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2018 7:00 AM

I don't know why but i thought their fight would be a bit more scandalous.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2018 10:38 AM

Well it did make the tabloids r84 and was discussed a lot especially where she said they were hanging by a thread, but maybe because most of it was just two simpletons arguing about stupid petty things like who should be giving whom a rose and overall wasn’t that interesting. Their eventual divorce made people realise she was exaggerating when she said they were hanging by a thread.

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2018 11:35 AM

*wasnt exaggerating.

by Anonymousreply 86April 23, 2018 12:21 PM

There's a whole lot of "me" and "you" happening, and not a lot of "we" or "us". Which is probably typical of a lot of relationships, but especially between two Hollywood players. Relationships are hard work, and filled with ups and downs. I suspect they just didn't want to work with each other anymore.

Frankly, after watching the Leah Remini special on Scientology, there's no way that someone in Scientology can have a successful relationship with someone not in Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2018 12:53 PM

They both must have been absolute hell to live with.

by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2018 1:12 PM

[Quote] They both must have been absolute hell to live with.

I'd take Nicole over Tom.

by Anonymousreply 89April 24, 2018 2:17 PM

Sounds like us

by Anonymousreply 90April 24, 2018 2:22 PM

She comes across as complete entitled cunt who wants to be treated like a princess. Never thought I’d be on the weirdo midget’s side

by Anonymousreply 91April 24, 2018 2:28 PM

R80 I believe you are right. A lot of that argument was about him not showing that he is into her anymore. He probably showered her with "roses" for the first few years. Now he doesn't even call her 'baby" and never wants to have sex. Tom is either gay or asexual, as a bunch of people have said on DL. Maybe he started off gay and then COS helped him suppress the fuck out of himself (pun intended!) to the point of being asexual. She sounds like a brat for sure, but if your partner isn't into you anymore it's just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 92April 24, 2018 3:09 PM

[Quote] Tom is either gay or asexual, as a bunch of people have said on DL.

I'm thinking asexual.

by Anonymousreply 93April 24, 2018 3:33 PM

Apparently, there are gay asexuals and straight asexuals. I think Tom is a ginormous flaming homo.

by Anonymousreply 94April 24, 2018 4:45 PM

I don't have time to read the entire fight. Does she call him a Xenu fucking Scientology fuckmuppet at any point?

by Anonymousreply 95April 24, 2018 4:47 PM

Nicole seems so unqualified to be a leading actress. Poor Tom still pretending to himself that he is not gay

by Anonymousreply 96April 24, 2018 6:45 PM

R95 unfortunately, no. But God that would have been juicy.

by Anonymousreply 97April 24, 2018 6:48 PM

R95 Fuckmuppet would probably be a meme by now if that had happened.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2018 2:00 PM

NIcole is only in for herself. Tom and Keith both gay

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2018 3:06 AM

I think this fight was in the NY Times, too

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2018 3:09 AM

The Church of Scientology allegedly wiretapped Nicole Kidman’s phone. According to the film, Scientology was not keen on Tom Cruise's marriage with Nicole Kidman because her father was a psychologist, making him an enemy in the church’s view. During the marriage, Cruise distanced himself from the church, particularly when the couple moved to England to shoot Stanley Kubrick’s Eyes Wide Shut. In its effort to bring Cruise back into the fold, the church made efforts to undermine the relationship and, at Cruise’s request, allegedly hired a private investigator to tap Kidman’s phones. The church also worked to turn the couple’s son and daughter against Kidman, convincing them that she was a “suppressive person.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2018 3:20 AM

A scene featuring an intercepted cell phone call between Tom Cruise and then-wife Nicole Kidman was pulled from a Chicago play after the actor complained.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2018 3:22 AM

Nicole is wanting intimacy, sex, a connection. He hasn't got that in him. He cares about her but he only has words. He can't act on it. She feels rejected - over and over again. Kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2018 3:38 AM

They're both such narcissistic assholes.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2018 4:30 AM

[Quote] They're both such narcissistic assholes.

That's most actors.

by Anonymousreply 105April 27, 2018 11:21 AM

R103 Nicole is wanting intimacy, sex

From a woman

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2018 4:22 PM

FAKE! They were practicing improvisational acting.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2018 5:43 PM

A year late to the party, but OMG, how did I not hear about this earlier?! I kinda loved Tom and Nicole as a couple back then. I was always looking for tea. And here I am finding it, only 19 years later...

by Anonymousreply 108March 21, 2019 2:30 PM

Wait til you hear the Renner tapes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 21, 2019 2:49 PM

That hug was weird for sure. Tom cups the back of his head like he's going in for a kiss.

by Anonymousreply 110March 21, 2019 3:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!