Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s be Infantilized Adults

I’m 39 years old and wearing a Rick & Morty t-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 220November 20, 2022 12:21 PM

I am outraged that I was expected to serve myself food from steam trays, and decide my own portion sizes! That put my health at risk, and is worthy of retroactive protest!

Seriously, there's a thread on this.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2022 10:52 PM

I'm very excited about the Marvel multiverse and am going to start several threads about it on DL.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2022 10:53 PM

I'm the emotional support animal

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 11:07 PM

I never got my driver's license!

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 11:08 PM

Love me; Love my mental illness (that I found on TikTok!)

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 11:08 PM

I'm the K-pop stan

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 11:10 PM

I was fanatic about Freeing Britney, because I'm mentally myself! I consider that my unhappiness with the world and poor coping skills are a serious anxiety disorder and clinical depression, and I was afraid that if Britney wasn't freed my parents would be able to put me under conservatorship!

It never crossed my mind to read up on conservatorships, or on what kinds of mental illness are serious enough to make conservation necessary. I really believe that all mentally ill people are like me.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 11:13 PM

i am the acceptance of lgbtq and rejection of religions

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2022 11:13 PM

I'm a complete lack of critical thinking skills! I can be convinced that biological sex doesn't exist!

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2022 11:15 PM

No hate LOL, they are usually the happy, fun adults.

Immature (adj.) A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2022 11:17 PM

I'm Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2022 11:39 PM

I'm angry incels gay and straight.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2022 11:43 PM

I can’t post - I’m too busy planning this months trip to a Disney park!

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2022 11:44 PM

I'm Donald Trump, serving fast food in The White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2022 11:59 PM

I love anime and manga and DGAF how you judge!

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2022 12:15 AM

"By the FIRST Star Wars, do you mean the first one ever made or the first one chronologically?"

A fortyish manchild asked someone (not me) this at a dinner party and I cringed.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2022 3:07 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2022 3:29 AM

You called, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote]I’m 39 years old and wearing a Rick & Morty t-shirt.

OP, you do know that 'Rick & Morty' isn't for kids, right? It's adult programming.

Cartoons for kids do not depict sex acts and use language like shit, piss, fuck, goddamn, motherfucker, etc.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2022 3:50 AM

I drink slurpees

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2022 3:59 AM

I’m a 63 year old gay guy on MDMA.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2022 4:03 AM

Many of these posts have an under current of snobbery and hostility of heteronormativity.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2022 4:03 AM

[quote]Many of these posts have an under current of snobbery and hostility of heteronormativity.

Only the funny ones.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2022 4:28 AM

I'm Youtube personality Chantal Marie Olive Sarault, aka "Foodie Beauty". Chronologically I'm thirty-eight, but otherwise, my behavior is more indicative of fourteen and fifteen year-old trailer trash. I'm an ignorant, racist, homophobic, transphobic, hypocritical, misogynistic, anti-semetic, greedy, lazy, filthy, psychologically & emotionally stunted super morbidly obese pathelogical liar, and a HUGE fucking cunt.

I faked a suicide attempt at fifteen, when my mother wouldn't let me go fuck my twenty-something "boyfriend", while trying to avoid his then current girlfriend (also a twenty-something), who SHOWED UP TO MY SCHOOL TO BEAT MY ASS.

My sole area of interest is "BEEZING", which is a term I apply to EVERYTHING, including eating massive amounts of food & taking drugs on camera (despite my ever-iincreasing laundry list of comorbidities), driving under the influence, cursing paying channel members out & deleting them, scamming people on other platforms, and desperately trying to hold onto the Egyptian criminal crackhead I'm supporting financially (when he's not forcing me to eat his new girlfriend's grey pussy).

It's okay though. I got them back. I later bragged about intentionally soaking her mattress with my own piss while hooking back up with the Egyptian while she was at work. So fuck her!

Seriously folks, if you haven't heard of her...perhaps you should avoid Chantal altogether. But if you're STILL curious, check out the linked documentary. It's somewhat dated now, because it was produced two years ago, and a lot has happened since (including the Egyptian Pissy Pussy-Eating arc mentioned above).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2022 6:49 AM

[quote]I love anime and manga and DGAF how you judge!

I've been watching mostly anime/manga for the last couple of months. Had to take a break from watching Sword Art Online when one of the main characters died and the other ended up as a vegetable in a wheel chair and realized I was getting depressed.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2022 1:33 PM

My pets are my fur babies!

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2022 1:36 PM

R25! Spoilers! Yeah, I took a break after Banana Fish. That one broke me! You need to watch something fun like Haikyu to break away from the feels.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2022 1:44 PM

I am DragonLordFrodo. Look me up on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2022 1:46 PM

I'm on Snowflake Mountain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2022 2:09 PM

After high school one should never wear a t shirt with writing on it.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2022 2:15 PM

I'm a fat shirtless 68-year-old bear in a harness at gay pride.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2022 2:17 PM

Sorry for the spoiler, R27. Started watching My Hero Academia which had a few laugh out loud moments.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2022 2:18 PM

Why can't we just let people enjoy what they enjoy?

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2022 2:26 PM

I'm the 40 year old gay man crying on Twitter about how WandaVision is the BEST filmed media EVER!

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2022 2:28 PM

R32👍MHA, Jujutsu Kaisen, Hunter x Hunter and Naruto are all good for action/less intense.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2022 2:32 PM

R16, that seems like a very normal question to me. YOU were obviously talking about Star Wars and he wanted to clarify which one you meant.

I don’t think having an interest in something juvenile makes you juvenile. ACTING juvenile does. Like thinking you should get the day off for your birthday.

Having an interesting in something REALLY juvenile is just creepy. Like those rainbow unicorn boys. I forget what that was called.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2022 2:36 PM

I'm the baseball cap worn backwards or with the bill turned to the side.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2022 2:37 PM

R36: Bronies who like My Little Pony? ITA there! Although, I do take a personal day for my birthday every year because - why not? Who wants to work on their birthday when they can spend the day doing stuff they really enjoy?

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2022 2:41 PM

"I don’t think having an interest in something juvenile makes you juvenile. ACTING juvenile does."

I agree, adults need fun, and the more stressful their lives are, the more harmless fun they need! If I'm busting my ass in an ICU and fighting losing battles, I don't want to come home to dreary art house movies, I want some fucking escapism, and that definitely includes Marvel and Star Wars!

Which isn't to say that there aren't infantalized adults by the wazoo in the fandoms, like the needledicks who sent racist messages to the young lady in the "Obi-Wan Kenobi" show, because they didn't like her performance and she was, in their favorite phrase, "RUINING OUR CHILDHOODS!!!!!!!".

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2022 3:21 PM

I have a master's degree but my parents still pay all my bills (well my dead grandpa does, my parents don't work and never have) I spend my days in my hoarded up house, watching Star Trek for the billionth time, feeding my fat fucking face and walking around in a leather jacket, red scarf and baseball bat like my idol in the Walking Dead. I'm the epitome of an incel.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2022 3:22 PM

I am the one triggered by r40's insensitive post, taking a mental health day safely cocooned in my safe space

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2022 3:28 PM

R33 would make fun of someone wearing a suit & tie to dinner. They’re just cool and chillaxing that they can’t be bothered to worry about fancy ass stuff, that’s for snobs.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2022 3:29 PM

^^^hahaha! I'm going to contact our family lawyer. The one who is working on my unemployment case. HOW DARE the library fire me from my 10 hour a week job for drunkenly telling them to fuck off on Facebook. See you in court too Bucko!

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2022 3:31 PM

I'm my 42 year old neighbor whose mother drives 100 miles roundtrip to his house every other weekend and cooks all weekend to fill up his freezer with two weeks worth of meals. She also cleans his house and picks up two weeks worth of dog poop in his backyard.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2022 3:35 PM

I live in Portland, Oregon.

I’m in a noise band.

I write poetry.

I work at a cannabis dispensary.

I have “an” Only Fans.

I have 5 roommates and 5 “rescue” cats.

I am non binary.

I ride a bike- aggressively.

I get a monthly tattoo.

I am 55 years old.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2022 5:35 PM

I’m into cosplay, anime, and comic conventions. I am pushing 40 and I weigh 400 pounds, but I still wear sexy cosplay costumes that show off all my curves, and believe me, I get plenty of action at those conventions. There are plenty of horny nerds out there who think I’m a goddess. I have purple hair, a septum piercing, and tattoos of all my favorite Pokémon characters. You just have to hunt through my rolls to “catch ‘em all!”

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2022 5:51 PM

That is incredible, R44.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2022 5:58 PM

R44, I don’t know whether to call that insanity, codependency or a mother that won’t let her son grow up!

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2022 6:00 PM

I have a beverage with me at all times.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2022 6:06 PM

I play with the toys at the doctor's office.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2022 6:09 PM

I'm offended. Just offended. I don't agree with your post, comment, this thread at all. You're retarded.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2022 6:32 PM

YOOO the new Jurassic World looks AWESOME BRO!

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2022 6:41 PM

I’m blue jeans on a 41 year old.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2022 6:58 PM

I have no idea how you got that from my post, R42. If dressing up for dinner gives someone joy, who am I to deny them? If watching Marvel or Star Wars movies makes someone happy, then great! If spending a day at Disneyland gives someone a momentary escape from their normal lives, good for them! For the most part the world is a pretty shitty place. Let people have a bright spot every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2022 7:02 PM

I'm a millenial

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2022 7:07 PM

I'm the Duke of York.

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2022 7:10 PM

Going to the Star Trek Con if I have enough spoons that day.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2022 7:19 PM

I'm exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2022 7:23 PM

R33 Because it's DL. Nobody can enjoy anything without being mercilessly mocked.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2022 7:32 PM

As someone in Portland, I can say that r45 is a little too on the nose

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2022 7:49 PM

That's for the practical purpose of giving blow jobs R37, everyone knows that.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2022 4:08 AM

Why is that incredible R47. We all of us conspire to wipe little Elon Musk's tender behind on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2022 4:09 AM

I’m self driving cars.

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2022 4:36 AM

I'm this little cunt, testifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2022 4:40 AM

Let’s not and say we did.

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2022 4:48 AM

Mine. Mine. Mine. Only my politics matter. Fuck you. Fuck you. REEEEEEEEE. I'm going to move to another country if your candidate wins. REEEEEEEEEEEEE. Set it on fire. Set the poor neighborhood's on fire. It's a peaceful protest. REEEEEEEE. It's a peaceful caravan. They're coming for our jobs, our children, our g-ds. REEEEEEEE. Down with the infidels. intifada! intifada! intifada! America was never great. Make America Great Again. REEEEEEEE!

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2022 4:48 AM

I'm non binary and my girlfriend is pan.

I still live at home with my mom while I work at Trader Joes at 34 years old.

I drink until I'm drunk every weekend and top it off with vaping some weed.

I drive a brand new car because I don't pay rent.

I will stop speaking to you if you use the wrong pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2022 4:49 AM

I'm the oldest and youngest both bitching about your generation as the cause of all the problems in the world.

by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2022 4:51 AM

R45, the dispensaries won't hire anyone over 30, so.

by Anonymousreply 69June 21, 2022 4:58 AM

I'm the 50 year old that was so disappointed in the live action version of Attack On Titan.

It is NOTHING like the animated series 😓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2022 5:04 AM

I'm Johnny Depp. Are you here for the truth? It is full of betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2022 5:06 AM

My name is Lisa and I'm a 53 year old Trump supporter even though I live in Canada. I believe every conspiracy I read about on Facebook, can't travel cause I won't get the jab and I LOVE Hello Kitty. I used to love Disney, I have all their movies and some of their clothing, but they pissed me off with their gay agenda so no more Disney cruises for me!

I'm fat, wear cheap Walmart clothing, have a McMansion that I can't afford, and use the cheapest blonde hair dye I can find! I turned into a Canadian deplorable after I became friends with Trump supporting American women I met while gaming on Facebook. Did I mention I met my elderly husband on Facebook too?

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2022 5:09 AM

No R71, I'm here for my bunny rabbit suit. I hope your girlfriend didn't shit in it this time.

by Anonymousreply 73June 21, 2022 5:16 AM

I'm Prince Harry in my destroyed jeans and bare feet not on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 74June 21, 2022 6:51 AM

I'm the 30 year old who brings a laundry bag of dirty clothes home to his mom every week.

by Anonymousreply 75June 21, 2022 6:52 AM

OP doesn’t understand that Rick and Morty is for ADULTS, not children.

by Anonymousreply 76June 21, 2022 7:00 AM

R76, I know what a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 77June 21, 2022 7:03 AM

I'm going to keep quitting jobs until I find an employer that understands the role of self-care for mentally ill people like me, and who doesn't just expect me to show up when they need staff!

by Anonymousreply 78June 21, 2022 7:27 AM

I'm the sixty year old whose eighty year old mother cleans my room. During the winter I watch her shovel the snow.

by Anonymousreply 79June 21, 2022 7:48 AM

R78 That’s brilliant…

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2022 7:49 AM

I'm posting threads about instahoes to my gay gossip forum because I'm so insecure I'm not sure whether my instahoes are attractive enough for other gay men!

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2022 7:58 AM

R70 - No! And who's Eren and Levi etc. They are European, not Japanese. Mikasa is the only 1/2 Japanese character in the series.

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2022 12:16 PM

Rick and Morty is great!

by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2022 1:13 PM

I only eat things that are white and vegan.

by Anonymousreply 84June 21, 2022 1:15 PM

I'm 38 years old, running towards Minnie Mouse screaming her name, knowing very well that it's just a costumed person there!!!

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2022 1:33 PM

I'm OP. I start threads about myself to reassure myself that I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2022 1:45 PM

"ZOMG! I just saw on Twitter that Chris Evans will be appearing as BOTH Steve Rogers and OG 2005 Johnny Storm in the next Marvel Multiverse film! I don't think I can process this yet!"

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2022 1:46 PM

I'm 39, and I have purple hair, a nose ring, and multiple tattoos that I showcase with too-short sleeves. When my boss asks me why I haven't yet completed my work assignment, I get pissy. I'll finish it when I'm ready; stop harassing me; I have important stuff to read on my phone. And if the temperature in this office goes above 75 degrees, I'm going home because I refuse to work in an office that is too hot.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2022 1:51 PM

You forgot to add that you're a woman, from your shitty "Let's be Women in the Workplace" thread"

by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2022 1:54 PM

Let's be OP, who hates himself so much the only way he can function is to lash out. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 90June 21, 2022 1:56 PM

I’m the small batch $16 chocolate bar that contains kale and I’ve been surrounded by two pods of manatees.

It’s a mask-off where everyone gets to make a face while chewing. You work with some ugly motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 91June 21, 2022 2:08 PM

We get it, OP, you're a turd.

by Anonymousreply 92June 21, 2022 2:10 PM

I failed out of college, but it’s not my fault, the professors were all assholes and I just pointed out repeatedly where they were wrong. My mother can’t travel because I need her to dog sit for me, despite the fact that I work from home. I spend my weekends going to swing dancing. My room is filled with Lego sets I have completed as an adult. I have a knockoff MIT ring (and don’t even know it’s a knockoff).

by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2022 2:15 PM

Your fantasy scenarios are getting more and more unrelatable. Dog sitting? Swing dancing? WTF.

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2022 2:18 PM

R94 sadly I think I just have more of these people in my life, and the constants are a love of swing dancing and getting an animal they seem incapable of caring for. Granted, they are all hetero men and I think maybe swing dancing classes/clubs are the only way they actually interact with members of the opposite sex. It’s pretty funny to watch, in a horrible snaky way.

-R93

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2022 2:23 PM

Snarky not snaky

-R93

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2022 2:24 PM

Is this a diaper thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2022 2:24 PM

I like Bela Bartok, Last Year at Marienbad, T.S. Eliot, Mikhail Bulgakov, Gertrude Stein, Italo Calvino and Juan Gris.

I also grew up loving the Star Wars trilogy, think Rick and Morty is hilarious, Twin Peaks was great and watch the Marvel films because I find the casts attractive and likable (Although the films would be improved by the addition of some hardcore sex scenes).

And there's nothing you can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2022 2:31 PM

A pair of classic jeans is fine on an older man.

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2022 2:31 PM

Let's be Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2022 2:38 PM

I’m the nose ring that completely distracts people from the fact I’m 47.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2022 2:38 PM

I'm Patrick Stewart playing in a ball pit with my much younger wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2022 2:44 PM

I'm Ted Cruz. I'm a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2022 2:47 PM

I wear sneakers with my business suit.

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2022 2:51 PM

I'm the immature straight guy who had his best man and groomsmen wear Converse sneakers with their tuxes at my wedding.

by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2022 3:01 PM

^^^Let me guess, Converse high tops?

by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2022 3:02 PM

Haha posted that too fast.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2022 3:02 PM

I got drunk and spent half my wedding reception slow dancing with the also allegedly hetero best man!

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2022 3:07 PM

But it's okay because he wasn't actually a close friend. I just picked him for his looks and I'll never see him again.

by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote]I’m the nose ring that completely distracts people from the fact I’m 47.

Include ear stretching (gauging) with the nose ring. I'm not sure the ear goes back to normal without surgery.

by Anonymousreply 110June 21, 2022 3:09 PM

Class, Chaswellinana name for the week is Chaswellinanu and the week's personal pronoun is blorf.

Please continue to respect blorf in blorf's journey of self-discovery.

Now, back to your Goodwill donation boxes and PLEASE remember not to eat any food sticking to the book covers.

by Anonymousreply 111June 21, 2022 3:51 PM

I’m a 50-year-old man who still collects Star Wars figures.

by Anonymousreply 112June 21, 2022 6:23 PM

I'm in my 50s and I have a vast collection of toy figures of various characters from superhero movies. These are in large display cabinets and placed where everyone who comes into my home can see them.

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2022 6:36 PM

I'm a woman over 30 who still owns stuffed animals and uses them as throw pillows/accent decor for her bed.

by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2022 6:37 PM

What causes these behaviors? Perhaps a traumatizing event in childhood that people never got over?

by Anonymousreply 115June 21, 2022 6:38 PM

There are some valuable vintage Star Wars figures. Luke Skywalker and others selling for $25,000. Not so infantile if you held onto them all these years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 21, 2022 6:43 PM

I am just about every 60+ male celebrity in Hollywood who has a new wife a minimum of 20 years younger than me, and sometimes up to 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 117June 21, 2022 6:58 PM

R115: Or they just like what they like and enjoy doing it. Life's too short!

What makes you so judgemental? A superiority complex that you can't get over?

by Anonymousreply 118June 21, 2022 7:18 PM

I'm the hoodies and all the sport clothes. Last time I ran was in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 119June 21, 2022 7:22 PM

I’m the fat 40 year old in a Marvel shirt harassing a Target employee because it says online you have this Scarlet Witch Funko Pop in stock but it’s not on the shelf and could you go in the back and look for it? It says you have three. I want them all. Make sure it’s Scarlet Witch with the red shoes, not the black. I already have that one…

by Anonymousreply 120June 21, 2022 7:25 PM

I'm 53 and I'm just about to sell all my old Star Wars action figures and toys from the 70's and 80's that I had when I was a kid. I know some of what I own is worth some $ and frankly, I'm just sick of being this age and still holding onto this plastic junk that I should have let go of years ago.

To be honest, I used to collect a bunch of Star Wars shit and after confronting my own mortality this year (cancer) I realized how silly it is to hold onto "stuff." None of that shit goes with you when you die and the rest are left to be picked over by family who will likely just toss it all after I'm gone because they won't want to be bothered trying to sell it. Plus, downsizing and getting rid of as much stuff as possible makes life just easier.

But I'll always be a Star Wars fan. At this age, I really don't care if people think I'm "infantilized" because if I was to tell you the shit I have been through in my life, it would make your head spin. Been on my own since 18 and have been successful in my career and have always found a way to get through any trauma life throws my way. If I want to put on my VR headset and pretend to be a Jedi with a lightsaber fighting Darth Vader for an hour on the weekends, well that's what I will do. Life is too short to not have something that helps you feel like a kid again.

by Anonymousreply 121June 21, 2022 8:56 PM

I think that being born into roalty and being expected to make a few public appearances in exchange for a life of princely luxury... is the worst thing that ever happened to anyone!

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2022 9:03 PM

R121 if your collection is in original boxes and well-kept you might wanna hang onto them. It could be a good way to supplement your income upon retirement!

by Anonymousreply 123June 21, 2022 9:34 PM

R121 sorry to hear about your cancer issues. I hope you will make it through. Stay strong!

by Anonymousreply 124June 21, 2022 9:35 PM

I'm the fat chick with 'Nightmare Before Christmas' tattoos and green hair.

by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2022 11:30 PM

Liking Star Wars or having stuffed animals or watching superhero movies doesn't make one an infantilized adult.

Not being able to maintain relationships, hold down a job, pay bills on time every month, figure out a way to get your ass where it needs to be without constantly asking for rides, making the rest of the world responsible for your health and happiness - THESE are the characteristics of infantilized adults.

If somebody can manage all of the above, it doesn't matter what they like to read or watch or collect, they are still adults. Just adults with different interests than you.

by Anonymousreply 126June 22, 2022 12:36 AM

Liking light entertainment doesn't make a person immature or arrested. Everyone needs fun in their lives, very intelligent and competent adults can enjoy silly stuff, knowing perfectly well that it's silly.

Having no life outside of your appreciation of the silly entertainment, on the other hand... ever met a hardcore incel Star Wars fan?

by Anonymousreply 127June 22, 2022 1:30 AM

I’m the colorful “pop socks” worn with business attire. I add a touch of fun to the otherwise dull corporate world, don’t you know.

by Anonymousreply 128June 22, 2022 5:58 AM

So I've always aspired to be a stay-at-home wife, what I really want to do is cook, craft, work out, have a social life, and keep my man happy, instead of slaving away in a toxic work environment. But when I told my husband about my dream, you think he was supportive? No, HE quit his job, saying IT was toxic, and now he just sits gaming all day and all night, and *I* have to pay all the bills!!

So how do I get him to be more supportive of my dreams? If he won't man up and support me, I'll have to move back in with my parents, and they're even more toxic than my boss...

by Anonymousreply 129June 22, 2022 6:03 AM

I’m shorts on a grown man.

by Anonymousreply 130June 22, 2022 6:13 AM

I'm the "baby talk girls" who get attention by sounding like an adolescent!!!!!

Dr. Drew always called out these girls on LoveLine! on KROQ.

You can always figure out all the damaged girls based on their baby voices.

by Anonymousreply 131June 22, 2022 6:14 AM

R130 made me laugh. My brother is extremely eccentric and will only wear elastic waist shorts with his top (a sweater in winter) tucked in - never long pants even in cold weather, although he does wear winter shoes/boots with it. I love him but he looks like a mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 132June 22, 2022 6:21 AM

I am all gamers over the age of 18.

Gamers under the age of 18 are known as Total Losers.

by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2022 6:45 AM

R129 which one is the infant exactly? The one who quit their job to game all day or the one who still has their job, however unhappily?

by Anonymousreply 134June 22, 2022 6:54 AM

Both, R134.

by Anonymousreply 135June 22, 2022 8:31 AM

I am Prince Harry, age 35, telling Oprah that his father has cut off his allowance.

by Anonymousreply 136June 22, 2022 11:19 AM

I'm starting a course this year and follow my passion. I'm actually going to finish this one.

Sure you are.

by Anonymousreply 137June 22, 2022 12:20 PM

I am majoring in gender studies. I just know that will lead to an awesome career!

by Anonymousreply 138June 22, 2022 12:25 PM

baseball caps.

by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2022 1:34 PM

I’m Lather- I’m 30 years old today and the ultimate infantilized adult! Come snort some of the best licks with me while we lie about nude in the sand!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2022 4:57 PM

I am Stefonknee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2022 5:46 PM

R141 wins. 🤢

by Anonymousreply 142June 22, 2022 6:01 PM

I carry a stuffed penguin as my emotional-support stuffed animal.

And I talk to it.

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2022 6:09 PM

I am a 28 year old woman. I have over 40 Squishmallows, including "collectable" ones that I have paid over $70 for.

I like to go on Reddit and complain about how I am too broke to pay my electric bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2022 6:16 PM

I'm the inability to enter a URL into a browser and directly navigate to a web page.

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2022 6:18 PM

Definitely baseball caps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2022 8:26 PM

Gay men are the most infantile people on the planet. They’re still talking about The Golden Girls and the ones over 50 are still trying to relive the 80s. lol

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2022 8:47 PM

I’m the emotion FRUSTRATION. Everyone watch the fuck out because I will explode! Fear me and do as I say when I say it!

by Anonymousreply 148June 22, 2022 9:00 PM

I'm OP. I have long Covid and need someone to change my diapers every few hrs.

by Anonymousreply 149June 22, 2022 9:01 PM

R147 Gay men who worship the Golden Girls are all in their 80s now. Theys will all be dead soon. Thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 150June 22, 2022 9:02 PM

I'm complaining about stuff on The Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 151June 22, 2022 9:02 PM

Hullo, I'm Ruby Granger. It's just lovely to meet you all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 22, 2022 9:55 PM

[quote] Not being able to maintain relationships, hold down a job, pay bills on time every month, figure out a way to get your ass where it needs to be without constantly asking for rides - THESE are the characteristics of infantilized adults.

Some of us have a lot going on, or don't have support when things get rough, or aren't as resilient or fortunate as you. Easy to laugh in a bunch, ain't it?

by Anonymousreply 153June 22, 2022 10:01 PM

I'm a head of state who goes to high-level meetings in a t-shirt and ratty sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 154June 22, 2022 10:24 PM

THANK YOU R154

by Anonymousreply 155June 22, 2022 10:32 PM

I spent years busting my ass in an ICU, and FYI the hard-working and intelligent doctors and nurses there tended to be insanely serious about their hobbies. There were a couple of Star Wars nuts, someone with a makeup blog, a cosplayer, a motorcycle nutter, golfers who'd argue about clubs as long as they were allowed, and even yes, a stuffed animal collector.

They weren't infantilized people, they were people trying to deal with stress with "healthy coping mechanisms". And yes, if you're seriously stressed, then consider that collecting stuffed animals to deal with stress IS healthy, and the good old-fashioned manly coping mechanisms of drinking yourself blind or driving in a road-rage mood are not.

by Anonymousreply 156June 22, 2022 11:08 PM

Baseball caps on deranged snowflakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 22, 2022 11:11 PM

“What’s this, Wubba?”

by Anonymousreply 158June 22, 2022 11:16 PM

We're all Target's and IKEA's weekend customers, showing up in our slippers and pajamas to shop, phub one other with our respective cellphones, and whine!

by Anonymousreply 159June 22, 2022 11:24 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 22, 2022 11:28 PM

A certain someone complains about sexy candy. R160.

by Anonymousreply 161June 22, 2022 11:29 PM

I expect everyone to make a HUGE deal out of each of my birthdays.

by Anonymousreply 162June 22, 2022 11:36 PM

I eat pop-tarts and sugary cereal with milk for breakfast, and I'm over 40.

by Anonymousreply 163June 22, 2022 11:37 PM

That thing we had for 4 years who tried to murder his Vice President and democracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 22, 2022 11:39 PM

I'm a grown woman who talks in a "baby voice" because I have arrested development from childhood sexual trauma! And every man I've ever fucked liked it!

by Anonymousreply 165June 22, 2022 11:43 PM

I'm Log Cabin Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 166June 22, 2022 11:45 PM

165=Christine Blasey Ford

by Anonymousreply 167June 22, 2022 11:47 PM

I'm rapist Brett Kavanaugh. I have a lifetime appointment on The Supreme Court. I decide that rapists have more rights than the women they rape.

by Anonymousreply 168June 22, 2022 11:48 PM

Hey, HE LIKES BEER!

by Anonymousreply 169June 22, 2022 11:49 PM

I'm the GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 22, 2022 11:49 PM

I'm Sean Hannity. I report the "news".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 22, 2022 11:52 PM

[quote] consider that collecting stuffed animals to deal with stress IS healthy, and the good old-fashioned coping mechanisms of drinking yourself blind or driving in a road-rage mood are not.

Shut oop!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 23, 2022 12:39 AM

Yes, well-adjusted people have interests and hobbies, but we are talking about the extreme ones who merge their entire identity with their extreme interest in this stuff. When I think of Disney obsessed people, I think of the crazy ones with Disney princess collectables everywhere or incels with anime characters tattoos who have no life outside of their hobbies. Those are the ones people are making fun of.

by Anonymousreply 173June 23, 2022 1:47 AM

Or that vice-president we had for eight years who tried to murder his lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 174June 23, 2022 6:41 AM

Blaming others for your own fuck-ups.

by Anonymousreply 175June 23, 2022 11:30 AM

My teens are a very distant memory, yet I can't seem to comprehend people or events without relating them to some fictional universe. Even major geopolitical events must be forced into childish similes.

"Guys, Putin is totally Lord Voldemort. He's so evil! Zelensky is Harry Potter, amirite?"

"OMG, Trump is SO Darth Vader. And Trump Jr is totally Kylo Ren!"

"Biden is, like, our Professor X. He doesn't look that strong, but he totally has these super mental powers, and all these amazing people on his team with, like, incredible skills!"

by Anonymousreply 176June 23, 2022 12:55 PM

R176 You pretty much summarized our current political discourse. For the general public, replace Trump with another pop cultural fictional character or infamous historical figure that the average schmo can recall, and you’re set.

by Anonymousreply 177June 23, 2022 1:44 PM

People saying "Rick & Morty is for adults" are missing two points, first, using t-shirt from shows or movies is not very adult like. Second, Rick and Morty target is definitely teens and young adults, personally I love the show, specially the first 2 seasons, but using a t-shirt or buying a Funko pop! is another story.

by Anonymousreply 178June 23, 2022 2:28 PM

Rick and Morty should be excused from most or all criticism.

by Anonymousreply 179June 23, 2022 2:29 PM

I'm Kate Micucci from Garfunkel and Oates.

by Anonymousreply 180June 23, 2022 4:04 PM

R177, yes, and if it's a historical figure, it's usually All Hitler, All the Time.

Anyone you don't like for any reason whatsoever is Hitler, Hitler, Hitler.

The people who use this as an automatic go-to don't strike me as particularly well educated in mid-20th century European history.

by Anonymousreply 181June 24, 2022 12:39 AM

I'm Fox News. I either refuse to cover any of the Jan 6th Committee, the most important political crime story of our time, or I have Fucker Carlson refuse to cut to commercial or I cut away completely and air our shitty infantile propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 24, 2022 1:40 AM

I’m a smartphone. I serve as a pacifier for adults.

by Anonymousreply 183June 24, 2022 1:51 AM

"I'm a grown woman that giggles. Tee-hee."

by Anonymousreply 184June 24, 2022 2:17 AM

R184 my narcissistic grandmother (pushing 90) giggles in a babycoo voice at everything anyone says. Literally every senstence. She’s not senile, she just doesn’t listen to anybody and condescends to everybody.

by Anonymousreply 185June 24, 2022 7:06 AM

I’m over 35 with no children, but I must go to Disneyland every. single. month.

by Anonymousreply 186June 24, 2022 8:58 AM

R186 - Don't confuse infantilization with pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 187June 24, 2022 11:32 AM

I. Can’t. Even!!

by Anonymousreply 188June 25, 2022 1:05 AM

I you don't agree with me 100% then you are a racist/moron/homophobe/xenophobe/fascist Nazi who deserves to die in a grease fire!!!

by Anonymousreply 189June 25, 2022 11:59 AM

I'm the conservative closeted asshole who trolls The Data Lounge. I can't beat up the gays like I used to, there are too many protective laws, so I go online and troll. I have gay fantasies and I delude myself with hate so I can justify the time I spend on a gay site filled with pics of nude men and the gay sensibility I crave.

by Anonymousreply 190June 26, 2022 12:46 AM

I'm the pussy whipped white boy at the grocery store. I have to face time my wife while standing in the aisles asking her which product she wants me to pick up because my mom did all the grocery shopping and I'm incapable of following directions or making a decision for myself.

SO over seeing these guys in the stores lately.

by Anonymousreply 191June 27, 2022 7:54 PM

I am the rightwing Bible thumper who abandoned his own kids and dumped his child-support payment responsibilities on his mother and his new wife but feels no sense of irony in stridently supporting the pro-life movement including attending rallies and donating money.

by Anonymousreply 192June 27, 2022 8:16 PM

I’m defending Rick & Morty on this thread, as though it were high-class, intellectual entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 193June 27, 2022 8:27 PM

I'm OP. I'm threatened by Rick & Morty. Rick and fucking Morty for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 194June 27, 2022 8:31 PM

Rick and Morty is pretty high quality stuff.

by Anonymousreply 195June 27, 2022 8:33 PM

We think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 27, 2022 8:36 PM

I'M PICKLE RICK

by Anonymousreply 197June 27, 2022 8:38 PM

I'm actually 39 and the only thing I had downloaded for a flight were episodes of Adventure Time we had downloaded for my nephew on a previous trip. It was brilliant, trippy, and deeply nuanced emotionally for a kids show. I know this is not how it works.

by Anonymousreply 198June 27, 2022 9:41 PM

Yeah, Adventure Time is excellent. It's not as smart as Rick and Morty, but it's fun.

by Anonymousreply 199June 27, 2022 9:53 PM

I’m….actually interested in watching Rick and Morty now. Is it on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 200June 27, 2022 11:12 PM

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the twinks' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kids

by Anonymousreply 201June 27, 2022 11:43 PM

R201, genius. This has never been better deployed than in a thread about infantilized adults where, ironically, adults defend Rick and Morty. I tip my fedora to you, m'lady. Or m'sir.

by Anonymousreply 202June 27, 2022 11:51 PM

R&M is funny as hell, what's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 203June 28, 2022 12:06 AM

I'm an Incel who has 2,000 IMDB sock puppets, so I can give a billion downvotes to every comic book movie or TV show that has a hero that isn't a white straight male. I spend my unemployed, lonely days in my mother's basement, where I rant about left-wing "snowflakes", and having screaming meltdowns if Mom cooks my grilled cheese to a walnut brown instead of a golden brown.

by Anonymousreply 204June 28, 2022 12:06 AM

I am flavored vapes, super-sweet alcoholic drinks, and 800-calorie "Frappuccinos" that I convince myself are basically the same as cappuccinos.

I am baby tastes that require sweetness in everything. I never learned to tolerate complex, subtle, sour or bitter flavors and I make no effort to expand my palate by trying things I don't like right away.

by Anonymousreply 205June 28, 2022 12:24 PM

I'm OP. I'm too stupid to realize my troll threads are always about myself.

by Anonymousreply 206June 28, 2022 2:58 PM

I’m the cubefrau pushing 40 who’s wearing Pink Sugar because DH likes it. In so doing, I am unwittingly abetting the TPT B in setting back feminism hundreds of years, but I smell like cupcakes so I don’t care!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 28, 2022 3:07 PM

You spend way too much time infantilizing yourself, OP. Do you have any other hobbies besides trolling? Baby throwing ANOTHER fit?

by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2022 3:12 PM

I’m block lettering instead of cursive script.

by Anonymousreply 209July 3, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote]i am the acceptance of lgbtq and rejection of religions

I'm the reliance on religion to sleep at night and the need for a bible to prevent oneself from mindlessly stealing everything or raping and murdering everything in sight.

by Anonymousreply 210July 3, 2022 9:03 PM

R176/R177 this guy I used to follow online lost me when he suggested that K-pop was a weapon of note in the strife between North & South K0rea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 19, 2022 7:14 PM

I'm really surprised so many people ran with pop culture for their answers. I really don't think you're infantilized because you like Heartstopper (did anyone mention it?...since half the people here seem obsessed with it). Or other youth-oriented shows, or music.

by Anonymousreply 212November 19, 2022 7:35 PM

With the really committed fans, you kind of have to admire the devotion to the gimmick, insane and scary as it is.

Plus, it's useful when the nutters flag themselves so clearly. It's like bright primary colours on poisonous animals, you know not to go there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 19, 2022 8:59 PM

I'm in my 50s and I wear rumpled seersucker suits and madras shorts I bought at St. Vincent de Paul,. If I am not wearing Converse or Doc Martens I will be wearing the latest $300 sneaker fad Although I have advanced degrees, I crowdfund for my pets' veterinarian fees.

by Anonymousreply 214November 19, 2022 10:40 PM

I'm the diaper fetish.

by Anonymousreply 215November 19, 2022 11:39 PM

Let’s not and say we did!

by Anonymousreply 216November 20, 2022 12:57 AM

I'm a furry.

by Anonymousreply 217November 20, 2022 3:57 AM

I whine about spoilers! on the internet like a karen, as if finding out the ending of some 50-year-old book or movie will literally destroy me.

by Anonymousreply 218November 20, 2022 4:18 AM

What do you mean Jennifer Lopez doesn't really look like that! You're just jealous!

by Anonymousreply 219November 20, 2022 8:43 AM

I'm the way the FIFA videogame series is treated like a real legitimate sport of any consequence. Even by real sports players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 20, 2022 12:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!