Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Jack Nicholson

It’s been 12 years since his last IMDB credit. I’m enjoying Five Easy Pieces on TCM and missing his presence in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 3:15 AM

Jack is the 80's for me because he seemed to be everywhere then. He probably is an asshat but he has been entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2022 3:37 AM

He retired from acting.

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2022 3:41 AM

Who cares. Creepy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2022 3:53 AM

Dementia

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2022 3:58 AM

I used to love him when I watched less very old films (and he admittedly has some great performances, like Five Easy Pieces), but once I started watching movies made before the 1970s, it's obvious he got his entire on and off-screen shtick from Robert Mitchum, whose approach to acting and looks I prefer to Nicholson quite a bit. There's also some Jean-Paul Belmondo in there for good measure, but you get my drift.

Anyway, I think he has dementia now.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2022 3:58 AM

One of the all-time greats. Sad that he's not made a movie in a while. Was attached to the English-language version of Toni Erdmann but I read that Jack's dementia was too severe for him to make it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2022 4:47 AM

Jack’s fine! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2022 5:49 AM

What’s the line in Five Easy Pieces when he is in the diner and tells the waitress to put the sandwich between her knees? …….. I LOVE the scenes between Jack and Ann Margret in Carnal Knowledge when she is depressed and can’t get out f bed and he explodes: “Get a JOB!!!”

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2022 6:08 AM

R8 That's my favorite piece of acting he's done, that scene where he tells the waitress to put the chicken in between her knees. I also love him in The Shining and The Last Detail, but nothing else as a lead. I adore him in goofy character parts like Tommy or even Easy Rider.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2022 6:35 AM

Nicholson was also superb in REDS.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2022 6:42 AM

Diner scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2022 6:57 AM

He's 85 and has dementia, but people are surprised he's no longer making movies?

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2022 7:04 AM

Has dementia ever been confirmed? I know it's been rumored for years.

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2022 7:22 AM

I don't think he has dementia. He's been spotted at LA Lakers games several times in recent years and seemed to be ok mentally. He's put on a lot of weight though and doesn't look too great. But I guess not that bad for 85.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2022 7:43 AM

He’s old and gross and burned all his bridges with women so nobody he knows wants to grow older with him.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2022 8:06 AM

It's unusual for anyone to put on so much weight in their eighties. Usually that's when old people struggle to eat because nothing tastes good to them as their senses fail.

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2022 8:37 AM

I heard Angelica Huston say he doesn't go out much anymore. (Sort of sounded like she was diplomatically saying he's not able to go out at all.)

Sarandon and Jess Lange went to visit him recently and Sarandon said the same thing----she's not sure if he goes out anymore.

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2022 8:43 AM

Looks like he finally quit doing coke and put on some weight. I'm shocked he doesn't have Parkinsons. Or hasn't ever been arrested for rape

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2022 8:47 AM

I always found he had a really unnerving vibe about him; maybe it’s his eyes. He’s old now though, he’s probably spending his days doing jigsaws and yelling at clouds.

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2022 8:47 AM

Jack is a 100% str8 fishfucking tunatasting stinkholestuffing heterosexual real man who prefers young stink-hole!

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2022 9:27 AM

All the illicit drug use and lifelong drinking caught up with the elder rapscallion, and the chickens have come home to roost, he's old, 80s, probably immobile, can't get it up, looks in the mirror and sees an ugly octogenarian who really didn't give a damn about anybody but himself all his wasted life, selfish and ungenerous, a prime metoo candidate who didn't know or care what NO means, the acting persona was genius for its time, but a horrible loathsome human being who used people with no apologies, let him wallow in his Norma Desmond fractured mind until a slow death, every dog gets its day. Hope that answers your question OP.

by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2022 9:42 AM

R12, i think the point is that the public was never given any sort of official word that he retired or had anything wrong with him. It's all rumors. He was one of the biggest movie stars in the world, and he just exited without explanation.

After Jerry Lewis had a stroke he pudged up because of the steroids he was being given. So maybe Jack's weight gain is due to medication.

by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2022 9:42 AM

Don’t hold back, tell us what you really think R21 ;)

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2022 9:54 AM

He is not immobile. He was seen in October 2021 walking on his own. See picture at R14. He has so much money, he doesn't have to go out. Just about everything he wanted could be delivered to him. From food (lots of it apparently from his latest photo) to hookers.

He may well be having some memory issues, given his age and being long-time coke user, it would be surprising if he wasn't. But the dementia rumors have been around for close to a decade. Most celebs suffering from that totally drop out of the public eye, but he's well enough to attend Lakers games and was able to hold himself together in front of many people and photographers.

by Anonymousreply 24June 16, 2022 10:06 AM

I thought he had openly admitted to having memory issues which prevent him from memorizing lines anymore. He has essentially given all the retirement statements we're going to get.

As for me-too, isn't it rumoured that "our" Drew lost her virginity to him when she was 14? I vaguely remember something about being nude on a swing.

by Anonymousreply 25June 16, 2022 10:15 AM

I believe Jack and Richard Simmons share the same assisted living facility.

by Anonymousreply 26June 16, 2022 10:18 AM

He presented at the Oscars in 2013 so it's only been 9 years since he made an official appearance. He's been seen at games, too, as has already been mentioned. He looks amazing for being an 85-year-old former cokehead. It's frankly astonishing he made it to 85.

by Anonymousreply 27June 16, 2022 10:19 AM

His appetite is certainly still there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 16, 2022 10:21 AM

DL sisters want everyone to believe that Jack is/was a druggie like themselves but the reality is that he was not.

by Anonymousreply 29June 16, 2022 10:32 AM

Jack is looking for a 30 year old woman who will love him for himself, no gold diggers mind, he wants a classy lady.

by Anonymousreply 30June 16, 2022 10:42 AM

R11 Nobody's talking about me! I was in that movie, too, ya know!

by Anonymousreply 31June 16, 2022 11:00 AM

He has dementia, for sure. I think it's just not the kind that's progressing rapidly. He can still go out and do things occasionally like Sean Connery and others did when they were suffering from the same. But clearly if he were still "with it", he'd be showing up at the Oscars, etc., maybe even do a cameo here and there. Not just go to a Lakers game one in a blue moon.

by Anonymousreply 32June 16, 2022 11:32 AM

R28 sexyyyyy daddy

by Anonymousreply 33June 16, 2022 11:35 AM

R10, thanks for mentioning REDS. He's unreal in that film, one of his greatest performances. Peter Biskind's biography of Warren Beatty tells the story of Beatty in the editing room and being blown away by Jack in his scenes with Diane Keaton--Jack was going to steal the whole movie away from him! And Beatty is, of course, great in the film as well.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2022 6:57 PM

More from [R21], please!

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote] Drew lost her virginity to him when she was 14

That would have been 1989. By the time Drew was 14 she was 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2022 6:25 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/15 **10**

This permanent A list mostly movie actor all of you know with multiple Oscar nominations/wins is set to be placed in hospice care

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2022 4:51 AM

In her first book, Keaton says she and Nicholson hadn't stayed in touch after "Reds," but had a great time when they were reunited for "Something's Gotta Give" over 20 years later. His contract was much more lucrative than hers, and two years after the movie was released, he sent her a check “with a lot of zeros," amounting to half of what he had earned in back end profits.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2022 5:01 AM

Here's another photo of him at a Lakers game from last October with his son, Ray:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2022 5:05 AM

R36 and Jack was about 80 when she was 30.

I don't believe the rumor though. I don't doubt her mom offered her virginity but I don't think it actually happened, not with Nicholson anyway. Drew has spoken about him respectfully and maintained that if he was sleazy towards her then she wouldn't have wanted to hang around him.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2022 5:06 AM

He’s 85 — if “the drinking and illicit drug use have finally caught up with him”, he’d have to have been dead for 20 years by now. Him looking old and fat is not due to him being a drunk today or doing coke in the 1980s. He looks old because he is. He’s fat because some people get fat when they get zero exercise and are genetically predisposed. Whether he has dementia, who the fuck knows, but at 85 he’s had a good run. If he’s okay with not being on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, then I think he looks ok for his current station in life.

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2022 5:06 AM

His looks are due to him eating like a gluttonous hog. If old women around the same height can birth children and go through menopause and go through life with a slower metabolism than most men and still maintain their weight, then so can this fat fucker.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2022 5:12 AM

Sad last days! According to CDAN, anyway.

"This permanent A list mostly movie actor all of you know with multiple Oscar nominations/wins is set to be placed in hospice care. Jack Nicholson (Jack Nicholson health: Actor living out his 'sad last days' amid dementia fears)"

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2022 5:13 AM

you will always have him on film OP The Little Shop of Horrors, Easy Rider, The Last Detail, Chinatown, Terms of Endearment, Five Easy Pieces, About Schmidt . . .

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2022 5:15 AM

“Sarandon and Jess Lange” - JFC

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2022 5:24 AM

He has at least two kids he doesn't acknowledge.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2022 8:07 AM

[quote]Sad last days! According to CDAN, anyway.

CDAN strikes again. They so blatantly steal their ideas from DL that I'm surprised no one has made a huge stink about it yet.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2022 8:12 AM

r45 must be new in town Jess is Jess just as M is M and G is G.

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2022 8:26 AM

I’m always amazed there was never so much as a peep from #MeToo about Nicholson; that he’d never at the very least gotten handsy with anyone over the years. He always has a lascivious look about him. But I’d be happy to be wrong and wish the guy well.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2022 8:36 AM

OMG

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2022 8:38 AM

Meryl had him banned from her hotel floor during the filming of Heartburn because of his advances.

During Ironweed he tricked her into a diner at Chasten's. She arrived thinking their would be a group. It turned out to be just Jack.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2022 8:39 AM

R39 Is that Joe Walsh next to Jack?

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2022 8:54 AM

R28, Jack looks like Jabba the Hutt. lol

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2022 12:33 PM

R52 I think the other octogenarian in the photo is record producer, Lou Adler. My sister lives next door to one of Adler's sons, and they've been seen there before next to Jack. Here's an older photo of the two dads with their sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2022 9:01 PM

Wait. Did that ketchup bottle just move?

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2022 9:07 PM

R49, probably because he wasn't in the public eye at the time MeToo# erupted.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2022 9:11 PM

I read a few years ago that he had to stop acting because he couldn't remember his lines. His short-term memory is gone. and now he probably has some dementia. After 80 the chances of getting dementia go up with each passing year.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2022 9:17 PM

That CDAN blind item is a follow-up to one that ran last September about Jack and his nurse-caregivers:

[quote] This permanent A+ list Oscar winner is not the same guy he was even a couple of years ago. He has nurses taking care of him 24/7. Most of them quit after a day or two of him trying to grope them

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2022 9:24 PM

Let's not forget Cuckoo's Nest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2022 5:49 AM

He still dresses like Leo

by Anonymousreply 60June 22, 2022 8:22 AM

R58, that item appeared after a Radar Online article, and also a DL thread about it. CDAN was about a week behind RO with the "news."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2022 9:33 AM

Why are people shaming him for being fat? Has he ever had a hot body? I've seen most of his movie and I can't recall ever seeing him shirtless. He's 85. Let him eat all the hot dogs and french fries he wants

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2022 9:42 AM

This thread is hilarious. That motherfucker is 85, of course he has memory loss! And he’s gotten fat because he clearly doesn’t give a shit and is enjoying himself enormously. Like he always has. He’s unique amongst the other 70s method actors like DeNiro, Hoffman, and Pacino. He never changed himself or agonised over a role! He belongs with Burton, O’Toole, Harris, and those old school thespians that lived on charm and ego and talent and substance abuse. There has never been a more charming character than Jack Nicholson. That is why the MeToo movement never touched him. That is why Angelica Huston stayed with him all those years although he was never faithful. That is why he’s untouchable. I’ll watch him in anything, he’s always completely in charge, he is always enjoying just being Jack Nicholson. We’ll never see the likes of him again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2022 10:57 AM

I'm so sure R21 is a "Hollywood insider." What bullshit. Fuck outta here.

by Anonymousreply 64June 22, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote]He has nurses taking care of him 24/7. Most of them quit after a day or two of him trying to grope them

I can totally see Nicholson doing this. My uncle who had a couple of mistresses (quietly back in the 60s and 70s) and tried to grope my teenage cousin (incidents that we knew of. My parents were sure there was more womanizing) developed dementia in his late 70s. My father took care of him during the days and nurses came for a 12 hour overnight. He pretended to need assistance walking so the nurse would guide him only to get her to squeezed. I don't know how many they went through. Male caretakers were harder to find back then, so my dad wound up sleeping there pretty often.

by Anonymousreply 65June 22, 2022 10:37 PM

Jack was never known for his taut body. He always looked like a guy who ate three double cheeseburgers for breakfast after a drunken bender the night before.

I truly expected recent pictures of him to look much worse.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2022 1:48 AM

After Brando really porked up he would go on diets from time to time. During one diet, Nicholson and Beatty threw bags of McDonald's on Brando's lawn to tempt him into breaking his diet.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 3:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!