Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anti-Gay church minister charged w/ underage male sex - Part II

[quote] Appellate Court Overturns Former Youth Pastor's Disorderly Conduct Conviction

An Illinois appellate court has overturned a disorderly conduct conviction against 27-year-old Paxton Dale Singer, of Sugar Grove, on the grounds of double jeopardy. The former youth pastor at Harvest Bible Church in Aurora had been convicted in 2019 over alleged text messages that were sexual in nature sent to a teen parishioner in 2017. Singer had been sentenced to twelve months of court supervision.

Singer had requested a new trial on the grounds that his guilt was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The request was granted by a Kane County judge who said that they would like to see more evidence from prosecutors. Singer's attorneys argued that doing so would amount to double jeopardy for their client and requested that the case be dropped on those grounds. The court denied the defense's request and rescinded the order for a new trial saying that no evidentiary or procedural errors occurred during the first trial.

The Second District Appellate Court in Elgin ruled last week that the decision to hold a new trial on the basis of insufficient evidence amounted to an acquittal and that indeed a second trial on the same charge would violate Singer's rights.

In its ruling, the appellate court noted that there was sufficient evidence to convict Singer, but that the acquittal granted by the court when it ordered a new trial must stand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2022 7:44 PM

Original thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2022 4:32 AM

Other image of Mr. Singer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2022 4:36 AM

Another image:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2022 4:36 AM

Yet another image:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2022 4:37 AM

[quote] In his video, former Harvest volunteer James Engleman alleges that I received “screenshots of all of the sexting text messages that had gone back and forth between Paxton Singer” and boys Singer allegedly was “sexually exploiting.”

[quote] According to Engleman, the text messages said things like, “Do you get erections when you wrestle other boys? Do you want to meet me at a hotel tonight? Can you send me a picture of yourself in your underwear?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2022 4:42 AM

Homecoming king and queen;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2022 4:43 AM

He's not ugly for a pedo.

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2022 5:55 AM

How old was this "victim"?

by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2022 6:01 AM

Whorraaayyyy! Now that he's a free man and his "victim" is legal, he and the boy can be together for ever, and have sleepovers, and giggle all night, and eat gummy bears, and have tickle fights, and model tighty-whities for each other, and READ THE BIBLE TO EACH OTHER, except using a "sexy GODLY voice"!

PRAISE JEEBSUS!!!

by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2022 6:19 AM

He looks good!!

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2022 6:43 AM

Preach to me daddy

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2022 7:17 AM

If only my priest had been that hot!

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2022 7:23 AM

This is perhaps wrong to say, but he's exactly the type of guy I was dying to experiment with as a horny, lonely teen in my fundamentalist home state.

by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2022 8:25 AM

I cannot parse what's going on in those appeals and acquittals and shit in the first post. Can someone diagram it for me?

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2022 10:19 AM

This case must surely be a case of mistaken identity. This is a man of God!

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2022 10:27 AM

I think the article is missing some facts, but here's what seems to be the unlikely case.

1. He was convicted.

2. He requested a new trial, and it seems the trial judge agreed thinking that there should be more evidence. So the trial judge acquitted him (this is the key), and ordered a new trial.

3. His attorneys then objected to the new trial, claiming double jeopardy, i.e., he had already been on trial for which he was acquitted by the trial judge. The trial judge refused.

4. His attorneys appealed, and the appellate court decided that (1) there was sufficient evidence to convict him; but (2) it didn't matter, because the trial judge acquitted him when ordering the new trial.

It seems like a shockingly stupid trial judge didn't know that acquit someone of criminal charges and then order a new trial on those same criminal charges.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2022 10:32 AM

*It seems like a shockingly stupid trial judge didn't know that he couldn't just acquit someone of criminal charges and then order a new trial on those same criminal charges.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2022 10:33 AM

God must have been on his side, R16.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2022 10:58 AM

He's gorgeous!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2022 11:33 AM

He's good looking

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2022 12:18 PM

R12 You're an obsessive pedo. Give it a rest. It was funny the first time.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2022 1:41 PM

Good, handsome gay men should be free!

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2022 1:46 PM

He looks like a cute gym coach I had a crush on when I was in 9th grade, he always caught me eyeballing him, he looked very sexy in his Grey sweat pants, RHS athletics t-shirt and a whistle hanging around his neck. I was longing to blow his whistle, and I think he was fully aware of it...

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2022 2:09 PM

I know a youth pastor at Harmony Bible Church who abused an underage male teen in his youth group. He led youth camps. People still didn't want to believe it, even though there were text messages. Those church members tend to be smug and arrogant and really don't give a shit. They only care about rooking people into their church. Sure, they lie to get to their goals, but hey, Jesus would have wanted it.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2022 3:40 PM

He would have been a dream come true for me as a horny teen

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2022 3:49 PM

Where's Del Shores when you need him? This story cries out to be told!

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2022 3:55 PM

So I guess now he can go back to being Youth Pastor? Xtianity in the US is really, really hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2022 4:03 PM

It's not just the U.S. Look at the Catholic Church the world over just moving around child abusers to other parishes...

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2022 4:09 PM

Well, someone has quite the crush OP!

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2022 4:13 PM

[quote] 2. He requested a new trial, and it seems the trial judge agreed thinking that there should be more evidence. So the trial judge acquitted him (this is the key), and ordered a new trial.

Yeah, that trial judge sounds like an idiot. It sounded like a misdemeanor conviction, 12 months or probation. He'll get into more trouble in the future, I'm guessing. His neck is unusually long.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2022 4:16 PM

What age was the victim?

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2022 4:16 PM

Maybe, oh, I don’t know, read the thread to find out, you fucking simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2022 5:31 PM

Which post references the victim's age?

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2022 5:36 PM

It was in the first thread.

The accusers were 16 and 17 years old and the perp was 24 at the time of commission.

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2022 5:52 PM

Has he learned the difference between good touching and bad touching now?

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2022 5:58 PM

Sad to say I’d have been thrilled to have him fondle me when I was 16-17.

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2022 6:56 PM

Are you self loathing?

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2022 7:00 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2022 7:25 PM

These are the people who want to decide everything for us. Even whether we live or die. They are boldly establishing a theocracy, state by state. If you are gay, make no mistake, these Evangelicals are not your friends.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2022 1:01 PM

He asked for a new trial which should waive any double jeopardy claim. The judge granted that but also entered a judgement of acquittal in the first trial. Is that it? If so, it seems like an technical error which the appellate court should have remanded for clarification?

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2022 1:19 PM

Sugar Grove?

Sugar SHACK!

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2022 1:24 PM

The Evangelical "Christians" want to suppress Islamists, yet they want what the radical Islamists have - complete control over women, gays, and everyone else they hate, through laws. They established penal laws in Ireland and England, and they want them here. U.S. "Christians" are a thing to be feared. They won't stop because they mistakenly believe they are speaking for God.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2022 1:30 PM

Any Church that has a "Youth Minister" is telling the world, "we employ pedophiles."

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2022 1:40 PM

He’s a looker. Is he getting his old job back? He can just blame his actions on Demons and pick up where he left off.

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2022 1:53 PM

Christians love that their leaders are sexual predators who rape their children.

They love it. It's some kind of perverse excitement akin to playing Russian roulette.

I have a coworker who sent her kids to Catholic school and told her son to tell her immediately if a priest ever molests or rapes him. She was serious. She worried about it constantly. I asked her many times why she would pay to send her kids to a school where she believed the teachers or administrators would rape her children. She said it's a good education. I honestly believe she was hoping one of the kids would be assaulted so that she could get off on the guilt and trauma. And if it happened, she would blame only the individial priest and keep giving her money to the church that has made raping children their industrial practice.

Sick.

Christians are sick in the head.

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2022 2:03 PM

And they accuse Muslims of worshiping a pedophile - when pedophilia is at the very core of their own religion.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2022 7:21 PM

R44 Or start onlyfans.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2022 7:22 PM

r13 r25 WHORES!!!

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2022 7:29 PM

Does he have “an” Onlyfans?

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2022 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!