Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Snyder Farm Fails the White Glove Test

Darlings, go to that farmhouse at your own risk.

My white gloves are filthy after spending a few minutes in that house by the pond. I told you last thread it need a thorough cleaning and I'm telling you again.

I'd send Matthew over with a dust cloth, mop and bucket, but I think we need something more serious. Ada, are you prepared with your dish rag?

by Anonymousreply 265July 9, 2022 2:28 PM

Emma has been so busy, she can't keep up with the house.

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2022 9:45 PM

justina starts a new thread after being called out.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2022 9:51 PM

I'd send Maureen over with supplies, but she can barely keep her own house clean.

And I don't think she owns a hair brush, either!

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2022 9:52 PM

I could send Hilda.

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2022 9:54 PM

Vivien, don't even think about it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2022 9:56 PM

Louise is available to pep up any moribund plants.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2022 10:03 PM

Vera!

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2022 10:11 PM

I'm so busy cleaning up after the incompetents who work for my Rachel that I don't have time to swing my rag in Oakdale. Tell those nasty bitches to get it together!

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2022 10:14 PM

No one saw Rita’s boob fall out on that one episode?

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2022 10:19 PM

So someone mentioned Joyce Hughes. I looked up Barbara Rodell and one of her citations on Wikipedia is a Philadelphia Inquirer Article from August 1980. It was apparently an article on soap villainesses (and included Bev Mc, too!)

Anyway, someone mentioned how neurotic Joyce was and let me say, after reading the article.....I think Barbara herself was a bit of a drama queen. She talked about falling in love with a married doctor in real life!

(Can't link to it, it's in newspapers.com which I don't have a full subscription to, sorry.)

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2022 10:25 PM

[quote]No one saw Rita’s boob fall out on that one episode?

Given that the character of Rita didn't debut until Oct. 1975 and given that Guiding Light quit airing live episodes sometime in 1974, I would indeed say that NO ONE saw Rita's boob fall out on live TV.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2022 10:31 PM

GL had a few live episodes after 1975.

by Anonymousreply 12June 13, 2022 10:40 PM

Emma is a tramp who allows her children to fornicate with each other. I’m not surprised her farmhouse is unkempt, she’s too busy turning the hose on them like dogs to stop it.

My home, like my pecan rolls, are crafted perfectly and smell heavenly.

by Anonymousreply 13June 13, 2022 10:42 PM

We lived within our means. We played by the rules. All of them! YOU THINK YOU CAN PICK AND CHOOSE THE RULES THAT SUIT YOU? YOU THINK RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN? WELL THEY'RE NOT!

by Anonymousreply 14June 13, 2022 10:45 PM

R13 Nancy, your house smells like stale farts and Werther's.

Not unlike your breath.

by Anonymousreply 15June 13, 2022 10:48 PM

How dare you, R14, impersonate my owner's voice to chastise this thread.

We are not amused.

by Anonymousreply 16June 13, 2022 10:53 PM

justina, take your meds!

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2022 10:57 PM

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2022 10:58 PM

No one can feed a brood like me and leave a spotless kitchen. Sure my desserts will give you diabetes, but Kelly in his speedo is worth it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2022 10:59 PM

Sorry Bert, but Kelly isn't likely to clear the cobwebs from your muffin any time soon.

He seems to be quite interested in young master Spaulding.

by Anonymousreply 20June 13, 2022 11:01 PM

Henry, you old queen, Kelly in his speedo wets our muffins every bit as much as he does yours. We know he’s a, what did Papa Bauer call them, bratwurst chompers, so we know he isn’t buttering our muffins. And dear, he won’t butter yours. Since I gave half the town diabetes Kelly in his speedo is the best no calorie dessert I can offer. Now get over here he’s about to get out of the pool.

by Anonymousreply 21June 13, 2022 11:07 PM

Rita’s tit made Zaz hard.

by Anonymousreply 22June 13, 2022 11:52 PM

More like a blutwurst. He certainly fills my wurst with blood.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2022 1:22 AM

Meryl Streep Talks About Her Sister-In-Law Maeve Kinkead of Guiding Light

and BOTH Meryl Streep & Maeve Kinkead are good friends with Ellen Parker - Ellen having worked with Meryl in the theatre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2022 1:28 AM

Someone is very, very enthusiastic about the Meryl/Maeve connection. You showed us that on the last thread, dear.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2022 1:30 AM

Just sharing two classic scenes with Cecile and Donna. The fun begins at the 4:00 minute mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2022 4:35 AM

Dear Ada’s dishrag - fuck the fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2022 8:46 AM

I adore Maeve Kinkead. Been trying to track down video of her as AW's Angie Perrini but I haven't had luck. Much obliged to anyone with a link.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2022 11:06 AM

I've seen clips of Maeve as Angie in the hospital with Kathleen Widdoes. Search out Ray Liotta clips.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2022 12:34 PM

Kathleen Widdoes used to show her tits quite often in the makeup room. Miss Van Hansis barfed when he saw her saggy titties.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2022 1:41 PM

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2022 2:43 PM

I was able to track down some Angie Perrini, R29. Those 90-minute Another World episodes were entirely too much. What were they thinking? The show's popularity must have made them lose their minds. I read Eight Years In Another World years ago, but I forgot LeMay's feelings about the expanded format. It just dragged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]I read Eight Years In Another World years ago, but I forgot LeMay's feelings about the expanded format.

He was vehemently against it.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2022 6:05 PM

He was right, R33. More work for him AND the audience. More storylines to follow, many with no depth at all. Didn't they have to hire more actors too? So more money was expended, but ratings fell, if I recall. And weren't the more popular actors worked to death? Sounds like a horror show more than a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2022 6:22 PM

They also did themselves in because Rachel/Mac/Iris had been one of their most popular stories, but they could only play VW and BM together one day a week because of the contracts and scheduling.

by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote]they could only play VW and BM together one day a week because of the contracts and scheduling.

But that made the Iris-Rachel rivalry even better. You knew they weren't going to interact that often. The public was aware of their different work schedules. So, you also knew that when they did have scenes together, it would be glorious.

by Anonymousreply 36June 14, 2022 7:57 PM

R13 Nancy why don’t you go spend some time in your immaculate home. Instead of always invading mine.

by Anonymousreply 37June 14, 2022 8:12 PM

I was a mere toddler during the height of Iris/Mac/Rachel (though still an elderdyke per DL, lol). It took me a while to realize that Iris was Mac's daughter. I guess three year-old me assumed Iris was angry with Rachel because Rachel had stolen her man! When I learned Iris was Mac's daughter, it made the story weirder for me. Bev played it like Iris was in love with her Daddy.

Looking back, it was damned good stuff. Couldn't be done today. The Twitternistas would have conniption fits.

by Anonymousreply 38June 14, 2022 8:16 PM

I wonder if Kathy Widdoes ever flashed her tits to the vinegary, uptight Helen Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 39June 14, 2022 8:46 PM

I remember when Anna Stuart substituted for Maeve Kincaid on GL. Although I loved Maeve as Vanessa Chamberlain, I also liked Anna in the role of Vanessa. Thank you for the clip, R26. Cecile and Donna were my favorite characters on Another World. I also loved the theme music for the show from that clip.

by Anonymousreply 40June 14, 2022 9:11 PM

Kim, how can you clean with that mattress on your back?

by Anonymousreply 41June 14, 2022 9:29 PM

Anna Stuart is so underrated. She was a great Vanessa. I heard that role got her the job as Donna. Great months-long audition.

by Anonymousreply 42June 14, 2022 9:39 PM

She looks FLAWLESS as Vanessa here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 14, 2022 9:49 PM

My earliest memory of AW was probably 77 or 78. So I'm not old enough remember, but apparently Rachel schemed with both Iris and Janice Frame in the early 70s which made Rachel's feuds with Iris and Janice later on that much richer. So Iris had good reason not to trust Rachel around her father.

by Anonymousreply 44June 14, 2022 10:38 PM

Hi boy, RICH boys, I mean...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 14, 2022 10:44 PM

FAT Bert is in the clip at R43 She was a fatso.

by Anonymousreply 46June 14, 2022 10:47 PM

I don't think Iris every really schemed "with" Rachel, but I think when she first came to town, she was aware of the shenanigans that Rachel was pulling with Steve and Alice.

by Anonymousreply 47June 14, 2022 11:28 PM

Vanessa looked like Helena Manzini there.

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2022 12:05 AM

Anna Stuart? You mean the never ever ever Emmy nominated Anna Stuart?

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2022 7:41 PM

Starting at 1:20 Austin Peck says Kathleen Widdoes’ hand is crawling down inside his pants. I wonder if she found his crack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2022 10:42 PM

Hearing Kathleen Widdoes shouting "Fuck!" is instant joy! LMAO

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2022 1:03 AM

Kathleen flashing her saggy droopy titties was enough for even manwhore Goutman to say fuck.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2022 8:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2022 11:58 AM

A CREDIT CARD DOES NOT MEAN FREE MONEY!

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2022 12:08 PM

But Mom!

by Anonymousreply 55June 16, 2022 12:09 PM

YOU LIED ABOUT GOING TO EGYPT. YOU LIED ABOUT ARIZONA. YOU'VE LOST YOUR VIRGINITY!

by Anonymousreply 56June 16, 2022 12:27 PM

R3 wins! Love you!

by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Seeking stimulation before work and please, no snark here, but what is going on here? Am I too young, where is , the sex or humor here? Please explain to a simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2022 12:46 PM

R58 If you know, you know.

If you don't know.....well, we'd really rather not say.

by Anonymousreply 59June 16, 2022 1:13 PM

HOW WILL WE LEARN

by Anonymousreply 60June 16, 2022 1:31 PM

Not everything is for everyone, Twinkarella.

by Anonymousreply 61June 16, 2022 1:33 PM

Maureen Bauer's name has been brought up multiple times on social media.....apparently DAYS is killing off Abby and the comparisons have been made about the loss of a long time character.

by Anonymousreply 62June 16, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote] Maureen Bauer's name

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 63June 16, 2022 3:44 PM

Boreen Bauer. She was so dull.

by Anonymousreply 64June 16, 2022 3:57 PM

I don't know her, either.

by Anonymousreply 65June 16, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote]Maureen Bauer

The name doesn't ring a bell.

by Anonymousreply 66June 16, 2022 5:23 PM

Poor Ellen Stewart could never control her wayward daughters and granddaughters. They’re chips off that old floozy’s block.

My Penny and Frannie were raised with rules and morals, that’s why none of them became the mistress of a criminal mastermind.

by Anonymousreply 67June 16, 2022 5:57 PM

We know Nancy's sly smile was due to Chris Hughes and his unbelievable sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 68June 16, 2022 7:43 PM

Ellen Parker had a beauty mark on her forehead which looked like a third eye. It was creepy. Good actress, though.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2022 12:04 AM

Nein.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2022 2:38 PM

I'm watching the June 1992 episodes of Guiding Light, featuring the blackout. These were the episodes that got me addicted to this show when I was a young teen dyke, lol. Jenna being caught after stashing the jewels on Michelle; Ross/Blake sex; Ed/Lillian; Maureen/Roger; Nick returning to town only to find Mindy gone...

Speaking of which: JFP really gutted this show. Jeff Phillips (Hart) and Kimberly Simms left the same week. Sherry Stringfield and Beverlee McKinsey are out the door by August 1992.

It was a mass exodus of talent. I'll admit to not minding Jeff's disappearance, though. Leonard Stabb was MY Hart. I always wonder what could have been if not for that awful accident. I never cared for Hart after this period.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2022 5:45 PM

Frank Grillo (Goombah Hart) was hot as hell but so badly cast.

by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2022 10:58 PM

Leonard Stabb was so, so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2022 1:19 AM

They don't make em like that ole lesbo hambone Connie Ford anymore

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2022 1:21 AM

R74

SLAP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2022 2:38 AM

Actually, I thought Frank Grillo was good casting because he looked like Michael Zaslow.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2022 2:47 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is getting annoyed by that nutcase KooKoosadora over at SON. Errol deleted Vee’s snarky response to KooKoo. And Dumb Dylan is back, stupid as ever. Vee, who’s in the biz, will see to it tgat Dumb Dylan gets silenced.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2022 2:59 PM

Imagine a scene with Connie Ford and Jeanne Cooper. There would be no scenery left after those two hammed their way through the scene.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Imagine a scene where it was Connie, Jeanne, Erika Slezak, Zimmer, and Robin Strasser.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2022 3:34 PM

Jeanne always gave off lezzy vibes. Connie and Jeanne would be muff diving each other in no time.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2022 3:56 PM

Wasn't this bad enough, R79?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2022 4:49 PM

Speaking of Jeanne Cooper, I was watching the 40th anniversary Guiding Light special. Cooper said if she hadn't been on Y&R, she would have loved to do Guiding Light.

I always wondered why she and Christian LeBlanc attended Billy/Vanessa Buzz/Lillian wedding. She was a fan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2022 4:54 PM

Cooper wrote in her book that she almost left Y&R to do ATWT under Doug Marland. But then he died. I don't know... I really couldn't have seen her leaving Y&R. That show pampered her old saggy ass for a lot of years.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2022 5:01 PM

I don't see Jeanne leaving Y&R either to be honest. The show was #1 for so long. The cast was paid far more than P&G could afford. Plus, I doubt she would have wanted to relocate to New York.

Seems Jeanne was a fan of the Midwestern soaps, though, and that's pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2022 5:24 PM

[quote]Imagine a scene where it was Connie, Jeanne, Erika Slezak, Zimmer, and Robin Strasser.

Mothra and Godzilla combined wouldn't be able to do the the damage of those bitches in a scene together.

However, of that 5 Connie would be the understated one.

I think this ties into the Jane Elliot thing. I thought I read on here once that Marland wanted to bring Jeanne and Jane on in some kind of mother/daughter storyline.

I wonder if Jane was considered for the part of Lucinda and Jeanne was going to play her Mother. Who knows now.

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2022 6:18 PM

Marland was a big ole homo who made young gaylings suck his toes to get a part on his shows.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2022 6:22 PM

The Jane Elliot thing was apparently far enough in negotiations that Jane left GH. But that was late 1992-early 1993, and Doug died on March 6th. Jane might have made a more age appropriate Neal (though I loved MKA in the role) but I'm not sure who she would have played. Not sure if Jeanne got as far as planning a leave - I think for her it was a discussion.

I can't imagine Jane playing Lucinda.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2022 6:49 PM

Were Jane and Jeanne going to be new members of the Grimaldi family, or was there going to be a more wideranging story about the Grimaldis?

It felt like before he died Doug was preparing to introduce them as a new core family, but we only met Damian, Eduardo and Orlena. Or I could see them being related to a Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2022 6:58 PM

I meant to type “ A” Walsh. You can’t type that name on DL.

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2022 6:59 PM

CONNOR’S MOTHER AS PLAYED BY RITA LLOYD

by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2022 6:59 PM

E d w i n a ?

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2022 7:02 PM

I know Jeanne was a legend and beloved by the masses. However, was she ever really considered a good actress. Some of her scenes just make me wince.

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2022 7:11 PM

At the Y&R studio, Jeanne took her choppers out and blew Beau Kayser in her dressing room. Who would she have taken her choppers out for at ATWT? Scottie Defrietas?

by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2022 8:21 PM

In Jeanne's book, she talks about all the Y&R stud meat she enjoyed while on the show. How that smoky, boozy, haggard and nasty-looking old woman got so much dick, the world will never know.

by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2022 8:31 PM

She took her teeth out. Guys like that.

by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2022 8:38 PM

Jeanne may have been in early negotiations for an ATWT role, but that doesn't mean she would have ultimately taken it. Once she found out how much P&G paid, I suspect she would have stayed put at Y&R.

I'm reminded that the role of Ben Warren on GL was written for James De Paiva. Paul Rauch is the one who cast DePaiva on OLTL and wanted to bring him to GL. If you look at Ben's first episodes, you can tell the dialogue was written with De Paiva's speech patterns in mind.

However, apparently at the last minute, De Paiva balked at the salary cut (and perhaps other issues) and decided to stay put at OLTL.

As I recall, show quickly cast Phillip Brown who played Buck on Loving. However, Brown also balked, saying the show wasn't giving him enough time to create the character. So, then Hunt Block was cast as Ben.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2022 10:51 PM

R96 Liz! I've been a GL fan for eons but had never heard that about the role of Ben.

I thought Philip Brown would have been interesting because he actually looked like Jerry ver Dorn. Alas, I think that may have been the problem as well (too similar).

As handsome as Hunt Block was, I really disliked that character because he seemed to exist solely to bang Blake. I mean I didn't hate him on the Jeffrey O'Neill level, but almost.

by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2022 11:48 PM

R96 Ben was another character that Rauch brought to the canvas just to invent people. Ross already had a brother (just like Reva already had a sister so we didn't need Cassie, but I digress). Nothing like being somebody's third choice. Hunt Block was one note and that clenched jaw thing he did drove me crazy. I did enjoy his ability to tell it like it was backstage, though (like telling the soap rags that you could hear Grillo and Moniz banging in the dressing rooms).

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2022 12:04 AM

I thought Ben was promising for a while there. He had energy that made me recall what Springfield had lost when Michael Zaslow became ill and left the show. Unfortunately, they made him a one-note asshole who seemed to only obsess about Ross/Blake.

I tuned out of the show in 1999, so wasn't aware of too much of his storyline until recently. Seems the show was determined to keep him in C-level stories with Patti D and the pouty, pathetic Drew character. And didn't he have a relationship with Mama Santos?

I did like him with Beth. I've always enjoyed friends with benefits stories. They had good chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2022 12:12 AM

I think Roscoe Born would have made a good love interest for Beth. Maybe as a cult leader she got “married” to while she had amnesia. Yes, I know they dropped the cult idea.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2022 12:31 AM

JUSTINA, HAVE YOU SUCKED A DICK SINCE 1998?

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2022 12:37 AM

There is no one named Justina here. Period.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2022 1:03 AM

PLEASE DO, MARY CBS SOAPS!

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2022 1:23 AM

JUSTINA, I WILL SUMMON JUST THE TIP TO TEASE YOU INTO THE LOONY BIN!

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2022 1:24 AM

Nein.

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2022 1:26 AM

James DePaiva might have been interesting as Ben. If Fiona was still there at the time, especially

by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2022 1:35 AM

The Ben Warren character was a character that wasn't properly developed.

He came to town with a chip on his shoulder because he was Ross's bastard brother and Ross knew of his existence the whole time? Where's the drama in that?

We could have had a year's worth of drama of Ben coming to town, befriending Ross and Blake but secretly despising Ross and slowly seducing Blake. Ross catches on that Ben has some kind of agenda and has Ben investigated only to learn they are half brothers.

It's basically the same plot as the never-before-heard-of daughter/son comes to town to get revenge on the mother who abandoned her/him (e.g., Carly Roberts coming to Port Charles to destroy Bobbie Jones' marriage). But we're doing that plot with brothers instead.

We could have had some great scenes play out and some wonderful character development along the way. But the writers (James Harmon Brown and Barbara Esensten) chose to skip all that by having Ross know of Ben's existence all along.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2022 2:02 AM

Maybe Jeanne was going to play Connor and Evan's mother. I could totally see Jeanne playing someone named a.

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2022 2:26 AM

I typed E-d-w-i-n-a above but I forgot that name has issue here.

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2022 2:27 AM

I wonder if Jeanne and Connie knew each other.

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2022 3:50 PM

I bet they did. They both appeared on a lot of 60s episodic TV. It's great to see Connie and Jeanne show up on Perry Mason.

by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2022 3:56 PM

Does anybody know the type of cancer Connie died from?

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2022 4:08 PM

Jeanne is actually very good in The Boston Strangler. But her eye rolling as Kay and her unbearable mugging as Marge made me switch to another channel.

by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2022 4:52 PM

Sorry, Ada's not available to clean your filthy house today. She's too busy licking my twat.

by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2022 5:03 PM

R110 You'll be pleased to learn about a little film called House Of Women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote] However, apparently at the last minute, De Paiva balked at the salary cut (and perhaps other issues) and decided to stay put at OLTL.

It wasn't about the money (as wife Kassie was still on OLTL) - it was about directing opportunities. OLTL gave De Paiva the opportunity to direct episodes. P&G balked at offering a contract player the opportunity to direct, as it would open the door for other contract players to make the same demand. P&G refused to allow De Paiva the chance to direct, while OLTL offered De Paiva more opportunities to direct

That is why De Paiva turned it dowm.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2022 5:12 PM

It's weird that P&G did that, though.

So many of their directors, producers and HW's came from actors that had been part of P&G.

I mean:

Pam Long, Don Hastings, Marie Masters, Chris Goutman, Ellen Wheeler, and Grant Aleksander to name just a few.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2022 5:53 PM

Mr DePaiva was an asshole. Word got to the P&G execs. They didn’t want to deal with his shit.

by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2022 8:10 PM

nope.

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote] Pam Long, Don Hastings, Marie Masters,

all three wrote, writing is one thing, that is a very insular

[quote] Chris Goutman, Ellen Wheeler, and Grant Aleksander to name just a few.

Directing on the studio floor is something else - you have to quit as contract player to have a shot at directing

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2022 8:40 PM

Point taken R120 but they could have let JdP direct at ATWT or AW, just as Grant directed at ATWT

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2022 9:46 PM

What about Victoria Wyndham?

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2022 10:45 PM

Wyndham apparently wrote a number of scripts and may have created some of the storylines over the years (or gave writers inspiration for them) but was never credited.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2022 10:48 PM

[quote] What about Victoria Wyndham?

Qui etait cette cunt?

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2022 10:49 PM

Vickie Wyndham should have won an Emmy. I think she was nominated a time or two, and then never put her name into contention again. Obviously, winning wasn't something she cared about.

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2022 10:55 PM

R125 She and Beverlee McKinsey put their names in for consideration (or allowed Rauch to do it) but the Emmys, then and now, were usually about popularity contests or campaigns, and both of them were working moms and not about to campaign or kiss ass for the award. They did their job and went home.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2022 10:58 PM

Vicky Wyndham win an Emmy??? lolololololololololol Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2022 10:59 PM

I wish Wyndham would have written a book. From the few interviews she's given over the years it just seems like she wasn't into awards and the industry parties and things like that. It seems like she just came in, did her scenes, and went home and didn't get caught up too much backstage stuff.

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2022 10:59 PM

R127 She was better than that hack, Susan Lucci.

by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2022 11:00 PM

VW never appears on any of the reunions either like Cass and Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2022 11:02 PM

VW was very, very over AW when it ended.

Her bag of fucks regarding AW is forever empty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2022 11:04 PM

[quote] VW was very, very over AW when it ended.

She was offered a "cameo" appearance on Days of our Lives to join other "Daytime" royalty like Maeve Kinkead, Dorothy Lyman and David Forsythe when Greta got her crown

Wyndham flatly turned it down, saying she didn't want to be "wallpaper" anymore on Soaps

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2022 11:08 PM

R132 Can't blame her.

Was it Maeve that replaced her when she changed her mind? Or someone else?

I know she was announced and then changed her mind. I remember her saying somewhere that DAYS told her one thing in negotiations and then the reality was that pay was low and she'd have to pay for her own flight.

by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2022 11:12 PM

[quote] Was it Maeve that replaced her when she changed her mind? Or someone else?

She was replaced by Lesley-Anne Down (formerly of Bold & Beautiful & Sunset Beach)

by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2022 11:14 PM

[quote] I remember her saying somewhere that DAYS told her one thing in negotiations and then the reality was that pay was low and she'd have to pay for her own flight.

What Wyndham said was that "holding up scenery wasn't her thing anymore"

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2022 11:16 PM

Ah Maeve as 'Contessa' with David Forsyth, a throwback to her GL character nickname (with Matt). She basically flew to LA for a few minutes of camp. It was delightful.

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2022 11:18 PM

We've had a second thread emerge, for those interested

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2022 11:33 PM

Two fascinating scenes in this episode. The first is Iris (Bev) vs Elena (Christina Pickles). Bev is very mannered and theatrical and Pickles is very naturalistic and sympathetic. The other scene is between Rachel (VW) and June (Geraldine Court). VW is extremely good, totally naturalistic and gives a perfect example of someone who knows how to “pick up cues.” It’s like tennis with her. Court is fine but there’s an artifice in her acting which is totally absent in VW. This is the same time (1979) when Rachel had a love interest named Frank, a former Vietnam War vet suffering from PTSD. I think LeMay in hs book revealed that the actor had too much trouble remembering his lines so he was fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2022 11:53 PM

... ... ...

by Anonymousreply 139June 20, 2022 12:23 AM

Ellen Wheeler is so odd. Here she is singing MADD’s praises, because “Mickey cares about people.” Guess she never met Michael Zaslow.

There is something odd about her, almost like she’s on the spectrum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 20, 2022 7:01 AM

So nice to see DL fave snatch eater Geri Court in scenes above with Vicky Wyndham.

by Anonymousreply 141June 20, 2022 7:36 AM

As much as I hate Ellen Wheeler, I don't blame her for what happened to GL. She didn't just decide to film in trailer parks and out in fields for fun. Blame 20 years of shitty storytelling and driving the budget into the ground for inducing such a move. It was the effect, not the cause. Jon Conboy and the budget, Paul Rauch and his Kim Zimmer fixation that drove the audience into the ground, Megan McTavish, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 142June 20, 2022 3:11 PM

R142 No. It was the decision to kill off BOREeen Bauer that killed GL. lol

by Anonymousreply 143June 20, 2022 3:37 PM

R142, agree. She was an oddball but she did some decent things at the end to try to save the show.

They shouldn't have waited so long to put Jill Lorie Hurst in as HW. The show might have rebounded enough to survive if they'd done that earlier. It looked like cable access at the end but had some of its heart and soul back.

by Anonymousreply 144June 20, 2022 4:01 PM

I disagree, R144. Once the production model changed and the show looked like a student film its identity was destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 145June 20, 2022 6:04 PM

The new GL production model was probably about 5 years too early. But, if we're being completely honest, nothing would have saved GL at that point. It didn't have a consistent time slot, CBS wanted that hour, and PG wanted to invest elsewhere. They could have reanimated the corpses of Irna Phillips and Agnes Nixon to write the show and Lucy Ferri Rittenberg to produce it and it wouldn't have made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 146June 20, 2022 6:33 PM

I always diddle my snatch whenever I see Geraldine Court. I get wet, down there. Thank you R138 My pussy juices just leaked out.

by Anonymousreply 147June 20, 2022 7:09 PM

I could have saved it, sugar booger!

by Anonymousreply 148June 20, 2022 7:17 PM

I’m watching some 1988 episodes on my day off.

Was the Josh/Meg pairing seen as anything other than creepy?

She’s his cousin and she’s basically his daughter’s age. Wtf were they thinking? Were they a popular couple?

by Anonymousreply 149June 20, 2022 7:23 PM

One of Marland's "things" was a hint of incest.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2022 7:26 PM

R149 Surprisingly they were. They were two misfits and somehow it worked. I loved William Fichtner, but yes, most of the Josh/Rod story worked only if you didn't look too closely.

And Marland did have that theme on several shows, including Loving. He did shades of it several times on ATWT (Holden and Lily, Josh and Meg/Josh and Iva, Angel and her dad, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2022 7:30 PM

The Angel and Henry Lange story (and all it entailed) did a number on me back in the day. Harrowing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2022 7:43 PM

Kirk made some comment about how he proposed to the woman of his dreams and turned him down.

And Lucinda says, "Are you talking about Iva Snyder?" and gives him THE most hilarious look.

Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2022 7:43 PM

R152 Why is that? I haven't seen that storyline. I think I just saw the beginning of her character and she just seems... mildly annoying.

by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2022 7:44 PM

Are we talking about Snyder Farm as in Snyder's Potato Chips?

by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2022 7:51 PM

R155 No, Snyder's Pretzel Pieces.

by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2022 7:52 PM

Marland had fetishes, for sure. Young girls raped. Toes sucked. Gloria Monty’s pic embedded into his toilet to shit on.

by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2022 7:56 PM

Why are they still calling it "the Emmy-award winning As the World Turns" deep into fall 1988 if they won the Emmy in 1987?

Aren't the Daytime Emmys in like June? So there would have been a new Emmy winner by then?

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2022 8:00 PM

Was the Royce Keller storyline truncated because of Marland’s death and Joseph Breen quitting? It felt like there was much more to that storyline but it ended rather abruptly .

by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2022 8:03 PM

Tom is in a shocking rush to be cucked by Margo and raise her and Hal's son as his own. He doesn't seem to mind at all.

by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2022 8:07 PM

R159 It seems that the answer to both is yes.

As much as I loved Terry Lester's performance and seeing Mary Kay Adams, I don't have any idea what that story in its entirety was supposed to really be about, and Lucinda didn't seem changed in any way by meeting Royce or Neal.

by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2022 8:22 PM

[quote]The first is Iris (Bev) vs Elena (Christina Pickles). Bev is very mannered and theatrical and Pickles is very naturalistic and sympathetic.

Classic Iris: “You have the nerve the use me as pretext for your clandestine rendezvous.”

One of the reasons I liked Harding Lemay's AW as a kid was the elevated language.

by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2022 8:24 PM

It was funny how Elena and Dennis drove Iris crazy.

by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2022 8:25 PM

R162 There really were times that all 3 of the P&G shows ran like repertory theater.

The Lemay years, for sure, at AW. The first few years of Marland's time at ATWT, too. A few different eras at GL, the Curlee/Demorest one being the last.

by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2022 8:27 PM

[quote]Classic Iris: “You have the nerve the use me as pretext for your clandestine rendezvous.”

Beverlee McKinsey, of course, performed the line as written: "You have the nerve [italic]to[/italic] use me as [italic]a[/italic] pretext for your clandestine rendezvous."

by Anonymousreply 165June 20, 2022 8:31 PM

Hey, Gloria Monty’s pic was ABOVE the toilet.

Had the pleasure to see it at Doug’s house. What a terrific guy.

by Anonymousreply 166June 20, 2022 11:20 PM

LeMay also used the term “undermine” a lot. As in Olive whining to John “John, I am sick and tired of Pat undermining my relationship with Michael and Marianne.”

by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2022 11:40 PM

For all of the bitching about the lack of sets, etc. in GL's final year, no one is mentioning just how bad the writing (especially the dialogue) was that last year or so. Stale/predictable/etc. A show can have lousy sets and still be great if the writing and acting are top notch. But good actors couldn't save bad dialogue/storylines.

by Anonymousreply 168June 21, 2022 2:08 AM

The writing of Lily as the most stunning girl on the face of the earth irresistible to all men and the fact that all of Oakdale is obsessed with placating her many mood swings shouldn't work.... but it does.

Like, she should be the height of an obnoxious Mary Sue character. But she isn't.

Why does it work so well when it shouldn't? Or did it not work with everyone?

by Anonymousreply 169June 21, 2022 2:12 AM

By the end the only folks who stuck around at GL were those doing the show a favor (like Maeve) or who couldn’t get other steady work. Anyone who was serious about acting and had other job prospects that weren't some off-off-off-off Broadway work in Pocatello, Idaho wasn't going to look like a hick on national television with barely any prep. They would show up in Peapack (herded there via bus) and have to go on set in their own clothes, no hair and makeup (as if that wasn’t obvious), and no rehearsal or blocking. It needed better lighting, better sound, better concepts, better writing, better everything. The show should have ended long before it went this low.

by Anonymousreply 170June 21, 2022 2:27 AM

And to think that the focus groups hated my 3rd eye so they killed me off.

by Anonymousreply 171June 21, 2022 3:57 AM

by Anonymousreply 172June 21, 2022 4:15 AM

There were some beautiful visuals on GL by the time they got their shit together. The last 9 months of the show the writing, sound, visuals, everything improved by a lot. I think GL could have been the dark horse who came from behind to reclaim the throne. There were some scenes that were dynamic. One was a blizzard (a real one since they were on location) were Otalia had an emotional moment in a gazebo. The real blizzard along with the dialogue was compelling.

by Anonymousreply 173June 21, 2022 4:31 AM

R173 It was very hit or miss up to the very end.

Some of the scenes could be wonderful.

But even near the end, they had an Edmund/Jeffrey chase on building tops (ostensibly near the studio) that was just so ugly (roofs needed repair, badly) that it took you out of the scene.

I agree the outdoor scenes were better after the learning curve. In some ways it felt more real - Springfield looked more like a city of its size and not a metropolis.

by Anonymousreply 174June 21, 2022 2:18 PM

My main issue with the Peapack was that none of the Peapack sets matched the studio sets. Even the exteriors were a let down from what we had imagined.

by Anonymousreply 175June 21, 2022 2:22 PM

R175 Yeah, I think if it had been done more slowly, it might have been less of a shock. But even the new indoor sets were just so much smaller than they had been.

by Anonymousreply 176June 21, 2022 2:32 PM

Peacock was a stupid idea. They should have just killed the show in 2008 while it had dignity and looked like a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 177June 21, 2022 2:55 PM

I wish Victoria Wyndham would do an arc on one of the remaining soaps.

by Anonymousreply 178June 21, 2022 2:58 PM

We'll be back for the second half of As The World Turns.

And now, a message from our sponsor, Spicen-B-Gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 21, 2022 2:58 PM

I read last night that Bradley Bell hired Martha Byrne for a writing position on B&B in 2009. I either never knew this or had forgotten,

by Anonymousreply 180June 21, 2022 3:07 PM

Clearly she didn't stay at B&B.

by Anonymousreply 181June 21, 2022 3:12 PM

As I recall, it was just a tryout for the B&B writing staff.

Bradley let her write two or three B&B scripts. If she did well, then she would be offered more scripts or a longer term gig on the writing staff.

Apparently nothing ever came of it since Martha's not on the B&B writing team.

by Anonymousreply 182June 21, 2022 4:42 PM

Since we were talking about Hunt Block early, anyone care to chime in on this question:

Which role was Hunt better in: Ben Warren on GL or Craig Montgomery on ATWT.

by Anonymousreply 183June 21, 2022 9:19 PM

Whoever he played on Knots Landing. Scott Bryce was the ONLY Craig Montgomery.

by Anonymousreply 184June 21, 2022 9:24 PM

OMG!!!

I had no idea Hunt Block is 68 years old! Maybe even 69.

Born February 16, 1954 according to Wikipedia. However, IMDB says he was born in 1953.

That means he was in his mid 40s when he was playing Ben Warren and when he started playing Craig. I always thought he was about a decade younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 21, 2022 9:25 PM

Hunt Block....what a name!

by Anonymousreply 186June 21, 2022 10:49 PM

Scott Bryce is the only Craig. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 187June 21, 2022 10:50 PM

[quote]Hunt Block....what a name!

And that's his real name too. Full name is Huntington MacDonald Block according to Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2022 10:57 PM

r187

I agree but his return in the 2000s was not good

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2022 11:36 PM

I am the cheese stands alone. I loved and adored Hunt Block's Craig. His Craig was a man. He was sexy and dangerous and not a pussy. Loved his take.

by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2022 11:37 PM

By the time GL was shooting in Peapack, I was no longer watching the show. I have seen scenes on YouTube, and it was a shame what CBS and P&G allowed the show to become. I recall one scene was shot with the characters in front of a garbage dumpster. It was downright embarrassing. I said it before: I think the show should have been cut to 30 minutes, had all the scenes take place on 10 permanent sets, and been shot at a sound stage somewhere in north Jersey. They could have even shot scenes in front of a green screen at times.

by Anonymousreply 191June 22, 2022 6:26 AM

[quote] I agree but his return in the 2000s was not good

For the first time in years, Craig was more than a one-note caricature and had a heart.

[quote] His Craig was a man. He was sexy and dangerous and not a pussy.

And he killed a man without remorse. Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 192June 22, 2022 12:35 PM

Hunt's first year as Craig was interesting - I didn't hate it. But then the character just became a one note villain. Bryant's death was an excuse for everything to go to shit.

by Anonymousreply 193June 22, 2022 2:02 PM

Let's talk about Linda Dano. She always seemed like a great gal.

by Anonymousreply 194June 22, 2022 2:27 PM

R193 I agree. I didn’t mind Hunt either when he started. But it became too much. They made him too one-note and they made it so every storyline revolves around him. There were 8 months or so where he was in every single episode. He was overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 195June 22, 2022 2:32 PM

R189 I disagree. I thought he elevated some really awful material. The writing for the character did not improve, but with Scott Bryce there, the character seemed much more human.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2022 2:33 PM

We had a whole Linda thread recently. Let's talk about someone else.

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2022 3:03 PM

the Linda Dano thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2022 3:05 PM

I think Linda Dano's great. Seems so warm, genuine, and funny.

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote]I know she was announced and then changed her mind. I remember her saying somewhere that DAYS told her one thing in negotiations and then the reality was that pay was low and she'd have to pay for her own flight.

R133 right, that was the way an outsider would have been treated on Days, even a member of daytime royalty.

It was a different story for internal players though. When Andrea Hall returned to Days they sent her for coaching in NY, where she got paired up with a big daytime player, and I think it was Linda Dano, to help develop the character.

They came up with the idea that Hattie (a downtrodden waitress) was so much less attractive than her sister because she had developed bruxisim from years of holding stress in her jaw while dealing with rude customers.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2022 3:28 PM

That was back when Days spent lavishly. Now the show doesn't have two nickels to rub together.

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2022 3:38 PM

I really wonder how much longer the current soaps can go on. The ratings aren't very good, the shows already look cheap, and who knows how much longer they can sustain themselves?

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote] right, that was the way an outsider would have been treated on Days, even a member of daytime royalty.

Erika Slezak (OLTL) said she was offered a one-day gig on "Days" - but would have to pay her own travel & hotel to do it

She said no

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]I know she was announced and then changed her mind. I remember her saying somewhere that DAYS told her one thing in negotiations and then the reality was that pay was low and she'd have to pay for her own flight.

I think you guys are confusing Slezak and Wyndham.

Wyndham didn't want to be wallpaper. Days still had money when Wyndham was offered a role.

Slezak didn't want to pay for her flight and be paid scale.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2022 3:51 PM

I'm surprised VW even considered a Days appearance. She hasn't shown much interest in any acting since AW ended.

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2022 4:29 PM

Wyndham. Once a cunt, always a cunt. She was never happy. She should not have backed out of the Days gig if she committed to it.

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2022 4:39 PM

R205 It was not long after AW's ending. She may have still been trying for acting gigs a bit for insurance reasons. Now she's an artist full time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 22, 2022 8:45 PM

One more post re the coronation, for the bits about Maeve K

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 22, 2022 8:47 PM

Vicky W. and Bev were two of the laziest actresses on daytime. Neither wanted to work, just collect vacations and paychecks, and always complained. It made their costars miserable!

by Anonymousreply 209June 22, 2022 8:54 PM

Based on her comments in the article from R207's post, it sounds like VW would have basically been an extra (with no dialogue) for five days. I can't blame her for not taking that gig. What's the point?

by Anonymousreply 210June 22, 2022 9:01 PM

Ah, another sock puppet of the mentally ill poster shows its face at R209.

FF'ing and blocking, as always.

by Anonymousreply 211June 22, 2022 9:03 PM

I already had R209 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 212June 22, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote] it sounds like VW would have basically been an extra (with no dialogue) for five days. I can't blame her for not taking that gig. What's the point?

Of all the things actors hate about working on a soap, filming a wedding tops the list. Stuart Damon (Alan - General Hospital) once said he would rather play a coma victim than film a soap opera wedding

They are long, they are tedious, they are standing around on HARD concrete floors for hours and hours, with no dialogue. Actors HATE soap weddings

Wyndham has filmed her share of weddings, and with this Coronation being like filming a wedding, where she is just a glorified extra, she said no thanks

by Anonymousreply 213June 22, 2022 11:27 PM

Good for her! A job is a job; when you don't need the money and can afford to say FU, say FU and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 214June 23, 2022 12:13 AM

I'm just shocked that happened 21 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 215June 23, 2022 1:13 AM

But saying YES and then backing out of the job is cuntiness. You don’t do that. Be professional. If you commit to it, show up.

by Anonymousreply 216June 23, 2022 2:17 AM

R216 it is not like she cared whether she would act again or not - she was over ever acting again. That is one bridge she could burn.

by Anonymousreply 217June 23, 2022 2:20 AM

A cunt is a cunt is a cunt is a cunt. VW is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2022 5:24 AM

Nein.

by Anonymousreply 219June 23, 2022 2:15 PM

Everyone's favorite Connor Walsh, Susan Batten, is on GH next week!

by Anonymousreply 220June 24, 2022 7:54 PM

Rachel Davis Matthews Frame Clark Cory Cory Cory Hutchins

by Anonymousreply 221June 25, 2022 2:39 AM

Reva Shayne Lewis Lewis Spaulding Lewis Cooper O'Neill

by Anonymousreply 222June 25, 2022 2:41 AM

Why no In Memoriam for Rachel Ames?

by Anonymousreply 223June 25, 2022 12:49 PM

Thank you, R220, for the warning.

by Anonymousreply 224June 25, 2022 2:59 PM

Raven Alexander Jamison Swift Whitney Devereaux Whitney

by Anonymousreply 225June 25, 2022 3:03 PM

From Summer of 1990 Lyla has it out with Margo about why she pulled the plug on Casey

Kim & Susan have a confrontation - with Kim telling Susan "When you yet again slept with a married man - this time, my husband"

This episode is GOOD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 25, 2022 4:03 PM

September of 1990

Caleb physically attacks Holden after catching him in bed with Julie When Emma finds out she has powerful confrontations with both Caleb & Holden - Really good episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 25, 2022 4:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 25, 2022 4:15 PM

There’s a great scene on ATWT from the awful 90s “James is alive, he had a kid with Lucinda and they’re getting married” storyline.

Lily, Barbara, Margo and Emily showed up at Lucinda’s to argue the case against marrying James,

Barbara and Margo reflect on their past relationships with James, and we get flashbacks from the early 80s (Barbara getting chased around the bull ring on location in Spain).

Then Emily starts crying and gives her interpretation of her relationship with James.

Lucinda sighs, looks at Emily with a withering look, and says, “Oh Darling, I was there.”

It used to be on You Tube but I can’t find it now.

by Anonymousreply 229June 25, 2022 5:27 PM

Thanks R226 . That was Jon Hensley at peak beauty. Holy shit.

I never liked Julie, and I fucking HATED Courtney. So great to see Hal with Barbara, and Kim vs. Susan.

by Anonymousreply 230June 25, 2022 5:43 PM

Was Ben Hendrickson a gay?

by Anonymousreply 231June 25, 2022 6:00 PM

[quote]I never liked Julie

Leave this house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 25, 2022 7:51 PM

Jon looks so fucking sexy there. Those furry legs....*sigh*

by Anonymousreply 233June 25, 2022 9:29 PM

R227's episode is fabulous, not least for the Felicia Gallant style hat Barbara is wearing around 44:00.

by Anonymousreply 234June 25, 2022 10:34 PM

[quote]I never liked Julie

I loved Little Miss Seattle. LOVED her. What's more, if they had kept Julie, there never would have had to be a Carly.

by Anonymousreply 235June 25, 2022 10:46 PM

Julie was quite something for a while.

by Anonymousreply 236June 26, 2022 3:52 AM

I loved that Lisa was a surrogate mom figure to Julie, you could sense she saw a lot of herself in Julie.

by Anonymousreply 237June 26, 2022 5:34 AM

R225 who was Devereaux on Edge?

by Anonymousreply 238June 26, 2022 12:02 PM

He was a spy who Raven got involved with while trying to acquire a list of agents that had been stolen from the government.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 26, 2022 12:33 PM

Interesting r239, the page didn't say whether he had money, privilege or anything to attract that golddigging Raven to him.

by Anonymousreply 240June 26, 2022 1:04 PM

who?

by Anonymousreply 241June 26, 2022 7:02 PM

Julie Wendall is a HUMAN ROACH NEST!

by Anonymousreply 242June 26, 2022 7:02 PM

[quote] Julie Wendall is a HUMAN ROACH NEST! says Angel Lange

Look who's talking - Angel is the only character to have slept with ALL three Snyder brothers

by Anonymousreply 243June 26, 2022 7:05 PM

[quote] Angel is the only character to have slept with ALL three Snyder brothers

That lucky bitch!

by Anonymousreply 244June 26, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote]Angel is the only character to have slept with ALL three Snyder brothers

I wonder if that makes Thanksgiving dinner awkward.

by Anonymousreply 245June 26, 2022 7:16 PM

Some of the characters on Marland’s ATWT were extremely self-righteous and hypocritical.

Kim was APPALLED that Susan slept with Bob-bitch, you slept with Bob while he was married to your sister.

Barbara was APPALLED by Emily’s strumpet behavior and tried to get her away from Paul-bitch, you broke up Sierra and Tonio’s marriage and almost did the same to Tom and Margo.

Ex-porn actress Iva and town mattress Julie acting morally superior to Lucinda as they attempted to hide Aaron’s parentage.

Not to mention all that incestuous rutting in the pigsty at the Snyder Farm.

by Anonymousreply 246June 26, 2022 7:23 PM

Iva did porn? Iva?

by Anonymousreply 247June 26, 2022 7:27 PM

Yeah, I worked on the show and don’t recall anything about Iva and porn.

by Anonymousreply 248June 26, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote] Angel is the only character to have slept with ALL three Snyder brothers

Craig is the only character to have slept with ALL three Snyder sisters

by Anonymousreply 249June 26, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote] I wonder if that makes Thanksgiving dinner awkward.

You have to remember this is the same family that had one character marry her sister rapist

by Anonymousreply 250June 26, 2022 7:32 PM

Tad Channing was blackmailing Iva about her past when he came to town. She had acted in porn for him.

by Anonymousreply 251June 26, 2022 7:32 PM

[quote] Kim was APPALLED that Susan slept with Bob-bitch, you slept with Bob while he was married to your sister.

Kim tells off Seth Snyder as he slept with THREE of her daughters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 26, 2022 7:38 PM

Luckily we had Nancy to remind Kim of all of her past dirt. Nancy never forgot.

And again, Iva did porn? Iva. Talk about a niche market.

Now if you said that Holden did porn, that I can believe.

by Anonymousreply 253June 26, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote] Luckily we had Nancy to remind Kim of all of her past dirt. Nancy never forgot.

When Kim threw Bob out of the house after sleeping with Kim, it was Nancy who kept reminding Kim of all of her past mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 254June 26, 2022 8:05 PM

Arrested on morals charges! My Penny and Frannie would never do such a thing.

The Tad Channing murder story is on YouTube and it’s referenced extensively there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 26, 2022 8:13 PM

Iva Snyder is a handsome woman but surely, there is no porn of her......Lay off the sauce, Judith!

by Anonymousreply 256June 26, 2022 8:34 PM

Larry Pine, who played Tad Channing, plays Sandy on Succession-he replaced Charles Grodin who was fired after one day. Last season his character was in a wheelchair and described as a “vegetable.” Larry Pine is not in a wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 257June 26, 2022 9:17 PM

In the event we have been M'd, there's this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 27, 2022 10:02 PM

Not M'd yet.

by Anonymousreply 259June 27, 2022 11:31 PM

Iva definitely acted in porn. After she gave birth to Lily she ended up in LA, where she met Tad Channing. He made her act in porn and she was busted on a morals charge. All of this happened offscreen and came to light during the Tad Channing murder story.

by Anonymousreply 260June 27, 2022 11:55 PM

Any good scenes of Iva giving bj’s to Tad Channing?

by Anonymousreply 261June 28, 2022 12:53 AM

Is this still the current P&G thread?

by Anonymousreply 262July 3, 2022 10:28 PM

Who else but Nola would be giving blowjobs to Floyd.

by Anonymousreply 263July 4, 2022 7:20 PM

This died out. Why?

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2022 5:49 PM

How many characters stayed on their shows simply because the actor knew how to smooze (or fuck) the right people?

Watching 1992 Guiding Light episodes, Fletcher and Vanessa were pushed heavily ... until they weren't. She crashed her car instead of making it to their (impromptu) wedding on time and that was that. Fast-forward about a month's worth of episodes and they're face to face now (with Billy in the background) and remain as chemistry-free as ever. In a few years, the show will hoist Fletcher on poor Holly, whose character was in the middle of being demolished.

Jay Hammer's loving was so good that Pamela Long added his last name to her own and shat out his baby without the benefit of marriage. I so wish he had left the show when she stopped writing it, but I'm sure he was buddy-buddy with someone in charge to keep his job. Didn't he write, as well? He should have stuck to that.

Same with Another World's Kale Brown. Michael Hudson was so sanctimonious and ho-hum, but he seemed to know what to do behind the scenes to have staying power. Friend of Jill and anyone else who could help him, I reckon.

Any old-timers with scoop?

by Anonymousreply 265July 9, 2022 2:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!