Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

January 6th Hearings Part 2

I've never seen DL drop the ball like this. Shameful.

Continue talking about the hearings here:

by Anonymousreply 600June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

Part 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2022 11:11 PM

So glad I work 2nd shift. I'll be right there Monday morning with my milk 'n cookies.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2022 11:13 PM

OP, only 10% of Americans care about this. It’s tragic but it’s the truth. Republicans are still going to sweep the election come November.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2022 11:15 PM

What's the schedule for this?

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2022 11:22 PM

Thank you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2022 11:32 PM

R3 20 millions tuned into the hearings, which is a very healthy, robust......6%...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2022 11:37 PM

R6 They'd get better numbers if they called in some star power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2022 11:39 PM

¡..o nuestra Evita estadounidense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2022 11:40 PM

I hope Jared burns in Hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2022 11:41 PM

Answered my own question. We're doing this Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday next week and Tuesday of the week after. They've got a couple more dates they haven't scheduled yet after those.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2022 11:52 PM

This is the official Part 2.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2022 12:12 AM

That number doesn’t include online viewing

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2022 12:26 AM

R2 Don't forget carrots for the reindeer.

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2022 12:28 AM

Hi, original thread.

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2022 12:36 AM

OP, it is undoubtedly because we are absolutely numb. Don’t worry — I’m very aware that the entire future of the free world hinges on my paying rapt attention to these hearings. And I am. But it’s hard to stay laser-focused on it constantly, I think my brain is pushing it back out as a coping mechanism. If we fail to hold them accountable, it really is “game over”. Once they reclaim power, they will never ever give it back without extreme violence — far beyond what we’ve seen up to this point. They came as close as possible to assassinating both number two and three in our line of succession!!

I do think Liz is acting as a kamikaze. Her career is over, there is nothing else to do BUT fight for justice. She is completely clear on her duty, and this is literally going to be a battle to the death (I think). I am also sure she’s had moments of fear, both for herself and her family. If they don’t put him in handcuffs soon, I believe Putin/GOP will make an attempt on Liz or other key players. Trump is more dangerous right now than he has ever been because now they really are starting to corner him. He’s too stupid to know how close they are getting to him, plus he only surrounds himself with yes-men. But by the time he realizes it, they will be so close that he will either strike out, out of desperation, or he will crumble up into a fetal ball, crying like the little bitch he truly is.

I really hope I’m not wrong on Liz. Everything about her tone and posture signals to me that the Committee is going to put actual pressure on DOJ to charge Trump. I guess the real question is, will fucking Merrick Garland do his job?!?!? He reminds me of Mueller, and that is terrifying!

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2022 12:37 AM

Liz Cheney's career is over, I think this is her last hurrah. Garland isn't going to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2022 12:51 AM

Another lonely, date-less Friday night, eh trolls?

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2022 12:54 AM

Agree r15 with everything you wrote

I was so naive thinking Mueller would “save us”. Or at least tell everyone the truth in a clear authoritative way. Whatever the truth was. Watching him testify my heart fell to my stomach. Nothing has really surprised me since

IMO, the only thing that really saved the 2020 election was Covid and mail in ballots.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2022 12:58 AM

Clips and quotes from the first hearing will be played all weekend with lots of commentary so that will help promote interest.

Unfortunately, Fox News is lying outrageously, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2022 1:00 AM

I'm watching Chris Hayes and they showed a clip of Laura Ingraham interviewing scumbag Gingrich.

I've seen countless women with facelifts. This is the first time I've seen one where the woman literally cannot close her mouth. She never closes her mouth. How does that happen?

She ALWAYS has this look on her face when someone is talking:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2022 1:03 AM

Careful now, R18.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2022 1:05 AM

Liz is an attorney with a JD from University of Chicago. She is the daughter of a Military Industrial Complex Billionaire. Liz will be OK.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2022 1:26 AM

I'm holding out little hope that Garland will allow prosecution of anyone high up to be indicted, especially Trump.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2022 1:46 AM

R22, OG course she will be just fine — I most certainly wasn’t trying to stir sympathy for her.

R17, I haven’t yet read anything blatantly troll-esque.

R18, I agree. If COVID hadn’t happened, he would have “won” again.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2022 3:50 AM

So is it correct to say that the purpose of these proceedings is to determine whether Congress should issue a recommendation to the Department of Justice that it should press charges against Trump?

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2022 11:53 AM

Like, we're having two weeks of primetime news coverage so Congress can all sign a non-legally binding letter?

Is that what's going on here?

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2022 11:54 AM

I think charges against Trump will only come from Tish James in NY. So this is a hearing for history to present the truth about an event. Appreciate it for that and don’t expect legal action against Trump to follow.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2022 12:12 PM

Make no mistake. What ever is going on between Liz Cheney and McCarthy, and Liz Cheney and Trump is deeply pesonal. I think she felt like both of them were detemined to ridicule her and humiliate her into submission,, and she went after them. OK. There's other stuff too, but that is a huge part of why she's doing this. I went to You Tube and watched two or three interviews she has done and she talks about the Constitution and I know she believes that shit, but it is also her "fig leaf." Because as she talked with 60 Minutes and CBS This Morning, it was VERY clear she is her father's daughter thru and thru. This is literally a case where the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Because she has voted against eveything we care about. And McConnell and Graham are giving her money. She is a dangerous ally. Keep that in mind. Because if she gains traction out here her policies will be far worse than anything Trump threw at us.

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2022 12:23 PM

Worse is pretty subjective at the bottom of the barrel. Kidnapping and caging the babies of refugees seeking asylum is only above gas chambering people to my way of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2022 1:04 PM

R28, attempting to destroy democracy is hard to top.

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2022 1:13 PM

I'd like to point out the weirdness of having another McCarthy deeply involved in these hearings. I know it's a common name, but it's not that common. What are the odds?

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2022 1:19 PM

R28 I pretty much agree. She is part of the prior establishment Republican Party and she refuses to be subservient to the new toxic and autocratic cult of personality. Mind you until the Jan 6th coup attempt she is just as responsible as the rest of them, marching lockstep with the voting against what serves the general public. But at least Cheney recognizes what is factual. Disagreeing on policies and agenda is a given, but at least she agrees on what is factual.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2022 1:19 PM

I really wish Liz Cheney wasn't pulling so much focus in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2022 1:23 PM

I wish Raskin would pipe up...he's a mensch

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2022 1:28 PM

The coverage of this doesn't seem similar to the Watergate hearings at all. I wasn't alive back then to watch, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2022 1:32 PM

Nor does it seem very similar to this. The drama! What divas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2022 1:36 PM

"Another star of the Kefauver hearings was Virginia Hill...she showed up at the courthouse in a $5,000 mink cape and silk gloves, denied all knowledge of criminal activity, and slapped a woman reporter in the face on her way out of the proceedings."

Liz Cheney, take notes 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2022 1:39 PM

Look. Eveyone says John Dean was the Key figure. And I am not going to disagee with that. As the White House Counsel to the POTUS to have him give evidence against Nixon was critical. But IMO the turning point in the Wategate hearings came from Alexander Butterfield. I remember the shock and awe as realization dawned on the committee and theMedia, that this anonymous guy revealed, in an offhanded remark during his testimony, that Nixon taped himself. It was shocking. Amazong. Incredible. And quite wondeful.

by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2022 1:47 PM

But we have Trump on tape -- demanding the Georgia SoS to commit election fraud to Trump's benefit.

Trump himself could come to the hearing and admit everything on TV prime time, and the MAGAs will say that it's all deep fake video or he was coerced by Jewish lasers.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2022 2:04 PM

Many of Trump's supporters have been basically brainwashed into the cult of personality. Facts are meaningless. It's delusional mindset and very difficult to deprogram. Hitler in the 1930s and 1940s had similar devoted followers and only started to change their attitude after Hitler's (so-called) death and Germany's defeat and the end of WWII.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2022 2:09 PM

I have always contended that Trump is very similar to a lot of modern neoliberal South American leaders, rather than Hitler.

I do think all of the Nazi comparisons are a huge stretch, done by people who are too ignorant to have heard of Fujimori. Everything in life does not boil down to Hitler. Europe is not the centre of the world.

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2022 2:41 PM

He still looks and acts like Mussolini to me.

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2022 2:42 PM

If you go through the list of the 14 points of fascism, Trump checks off every single one.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2022 2:43 PM

Regardless of how you break it down as to what authoritarian Trump resembles in different aspects, the determination is he is anti-democratic.

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2022 3:10 PM

Where do you think Funimori was actually born and why R41?

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2022 3:11 PM

R45 Alberto Fujimori was born in Lima, Peru to Japanese immigrant parents. He originally worked as an economics professor and businessman before winning the Peruvian presidency in 1990 with promises of prosecuting communist guerillas and bringing economic stability to the Peruvian middle class.

He was famously charisthmatic and charming and operated with a cult of personality. He was wildly popular with lower class Peruvians and would have continued being elected and reelected indefinitely had he not been caught bribing government and banking officials to carry out his "Fujimorism" economic policies in the "Vladivideos" scandal.

Fujimori successfully ended the Shining Path guerilla army's terror campaigns in Peru, but it also later turned out that he had done this through violent persecution in which innocent people were jailed and murdered. He ended up exiled in Chile and died awaiting trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2022 3:30 PM

When he was caught he fled to Japan though and claimed that he had been born in Japan all along. I believe he also then produced documentation supporting that claim. You think he was really born in Lima?

Ivanka only wishes she was half as popular as Fujimori’s daughter.

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2022 3:45 PM

Remember, too, donald's continual use of the white power hand gesture (the "okay" sign) during his rallies and media appearances. It is an awkward hand gesture in general, and I hope the Panel will reveal its insidious display.

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2022 3:52 PM

R47 I don't have convoluted conspiracy-related beliefs about the ex-President of Peru. I've never read anything that indicated he wasn't actually Peruvian.

If I recall, he had to marry a Japanese woman in order to be allowed to remain in Japan when he was there. He flew back to Chile in some sort of publicity stunt because he thought he would be able to continue on to Peru somehow unimpeded. I don't remember the details.

He ended up being arrested on the tarmac and remained under house arrest in Chile until he died.

My point in bringing him up is to point out that his career and politics are infinitely closer to Trump's than Hitler's were. Hitler is a weak comparison, Fujimori is a strong one.

Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil, Silvio Berlusconi in Italy, the Perons in Argentina and the Kirchners in Argentina are all similar in lots of ways. More similar than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2022 4:07 PM

If you want to cast Hitler-like aspersions on Trump, Augusto Pinochet is your man:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2022 4:08 PM

The DoJ is not stealing Congress' thunder. Everything uncovered by the 1/6 HUAC will be given to DoJ.

We have seen discrete quanta of information escape the gravity of the DoJ Black Hole of silence.

The 1/6 HUAC will release a report AND the DoJ will commence with public, not sealed, indictments.

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2022 4:14 PM

..."AND the DoJ will commence with public, not sealed, indictments"

It's good to dream. I'm not expecting any substantial justice from the DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2022 4:28 PM

Imagine if the DOJ were led by Reps and the Dems had done what these parasites did to the Capitol, The Democratic Party would've already been outlawed and branded a terrorist org.

The Dems have no clue how to go for the throat. Laughable to go "by the book" when Republicans just burn it.

by Anonymousreply 53June 11, 2022 7:57 PM

You ever hear of "The Power of Positive Thinking," R52? It works for me; that, and covfefe.

by Anonymousreply 54June 11, 2022 8:03 PM
by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2022 8:04 PM

R51 That is what I'm counting on.

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2022 8:44 PM

Here, in case anyone thinks the insurrection was a one shot thing. and also for those who thought we Gays had no role to play in the future plans of these rotten fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 11, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote]Another lonely, date-less Friday night, eh trolls?

Why are you acting like intelligent discussion of our current political situation is for losers, troll?

by Anonymousreply 58June 11, 2022 11:46 PM

I was shocked at the hearings and have great respect for Rep. Cheney. Officer Edwards gave compelling testimony however she reached too far with her testimony about slipping 'on blood'. Yes, there were beatings, broken bones, bruising, terrible violence but I don't see evidence of enough blood to cause someone to slip on it. I do not doubt the rest of her testimony (the surface might have been wet (piss or water) but not with blood.

by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2022 11:57 PM

R59, you sound like a loon.

[quote]Trump himself could come to the hearing and admit everything on TV prime time, and the MAGAs will say that it's all deep fake video or he was coerced by Jewish lasers.

And, don't forget the part about even a full confession televised on a loop across the entire world will not matter one single fucking bit. There will never be any consequences for anyone above the level of mouth-breathing, low IQ, cousin-fucking, deplorable trash. We don't punish rich white men for anything in this country.

by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2022 12:15 AM

Your hate is palpable. The hearings are seeking the truth and doing a great job.

by Anonymousreply 61June 12, 2022 12:23 AM

And, R61, it will end in nothing happening to anyone higher up, just like I said. You seem like the gullible type of person that enjoys being patted on the head while someone picks their pocket. Anyone who doesn't hate these people is part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 62June 12, 2022 12:30 AM

Hate is a nonproductive emotion.

People are invincible until they aren’t.

If repetition can make a lie sound true, imagine what the truth repeated can do.

by Anonymousreply 63June 12, 2022 12:37 AM

R62, what ElderLez said. So according to you, we should just give up.

by Anonymousreply 64June 12, 2022 12:42 AM

Frou-frou new age positivism crap is all fine and good if that's what gets you through the day (even though it's been shown to actually perpetuate depression and other shit). In the real world, there will be no consequences for even one single higher up. In fact, these criminals will be rewarded in November by being allowed to cheat their way into control of Congress. More power to you in trying to positivity wank that.

by Anonymousreply 65June 12, 2022 12:47 AM

Going after Gays at a Pride event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 12, 2022 12:59 AM

R65, don’t know why I didn’t realize it (I blame the two martinis), but go back into your troll hole.

by Anonymousreply 67June 12, 2022 1:08 AM

You aren't even making sense, R67. What are you actually disagreeing with me about? Do you think there will be consequences for any of them?That the Repugs will be held to account and not take Congress in November? Morons who start yelling TROLL at everyone are loons but even more so when they agree with the person they are calling a troll.

by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2022 1:20 AM

R68, you’re a troll because you’re all gloom and doom for the sole purpose of destroying our morale. Like I said. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 69June 12, 2022 1:40 AM

Btw, r68, what are you proposing? Since whatever we do makes no difference, are you proposing we just be realistic and give it up? Gee, I wonder whom that benefits?

by Anonymousreply 70June 12, 2022 1:45 AM

Garland is feckless and gutless. He has no business in the role of Attorney General. He will have the DOJ basically punt after their investigation is over despite overwhelming evidence. This is how democracy dies, by nobody standing up for what is right.

by Anonymousreply 71June 12, 2022 1:49 AM

Democracy isn't dead just because you don't get your way.

by Anonymousreply 72June 12, 2022 1:59 PM

Democracy is being murdered by Repugs passing laws to prevent people from voting.

by Anonymousreply 73June 12, 2022 2:05 PM

Well thank God for COVID and mail-in ballots.

by Anonymousreply 74June 12, 2022 2:32 PM

OP is playing both sides of this thread and nearly half of the posts are hers.

by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2022 2:38 PM

Oh, and OP is not American.

by Anonymousreply 76June 12, 2022 2:39 PM

OP in the ***OFFICIAL JANUARY 6TH HEARINGS THREAD***:

[quote]Do yourself a favor and don't take any of this seriously. It's big puppet show like the impeachments were.

by Anonymousreply 77June 12, 2022 3:41 PM

OP has nuanced opinions and is enjoying the ride. This is a great thread with smart people.

Curious to know where you think OP is from?

by Anonymousreply 78June 12, 2022 3:54 PM

I can't believe we have a single person trying to in any way lessen what Trump and the parasites around him tried to do. What fucking degenerates. Because I know that had it been just ONE BLM person or a Muslim who went into the Capitol and so much as scuffed the marble, the psychopath deplorables would be calling for murdering every brown and black person who had nothing to do with it. They already call for that with their support of that Fascist orange fuck - it's the only reason they ever could've supported such a stupid, hateful, odious shit like Trump.

Donald Trump is an absolute shit in every single way (and still, to this day I cannot believe was allowed to become president of the United States). He refused to accept he lost the election and thought nothing of trying to kill people to stay in power. He enjoyed watching his cockroaches overrun our Capitol because it was "all for Damian." This is a deviant and worse, a genuinely stupid, ignorant man who got the most powerful job in the world without knowing a single thing about doing that job. It was the equivalent of letting someone become a podiatrist who had no clue what feet are. The people who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves. It's one thing to dislike Hillary or Biden, it's another to have helped hand over the WH to such a corrupt pile of shit, his family and the rest of the scummy swamp creatures.

by Anonymousreply 79June 12, 2022 3:56 PM

R78 is OP, lying again.

by Anonymousreply 80June 12, 2022 3:57 PM

R80 I identified myself, what was the lie?

Do you think I'm European? That would feed my ego. Say yes 😉

by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2022 3:58 PM

And what's scary is, they are now installing the pieces to accomplish what Trump couldn't. We are in fact doomed. The Proud Boys taking over the Republican party in Miami, should scare everyone, including those who think they'll be left alone because they're deplorables themselves. Yeah, keep thinking you'll be immune. Keep thinking the libs are your biggest problem when fascists take over.

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2022 3:59 PM

Proud Boys in Miami? What is this?

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2022 4:00 PM

OP is a DeFacto incarnation. Just use ignoredar.

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2022 4:19 PM

It was easy to figure out. All our regular trolls all have a “tell”

DeFatso’s tell us that he always has to make everything about himself.

[quote] Do you think I'm European? That would feed my ego. Say yes 😉

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2022 4:34 PM

This thread has turned into a personal shouting match among two or three posters which is how most DL threads deteriorate. Fuck you, ladies. I'll wait to read anything further until the next hearing.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2022 4:36 PM

So it’s clear now what OP’s agenda was. Start an official thread on the hearings and get it to be grayed out or ignored by so many people that it stymies discussion.

Sorry, bitch. We’ll continue using this thread….just without you.

by Anonymousreply 87June 12, 2022 4:55 PM

R87 Jesus Christ you nutjob. We were having fun before you showed up. The only thread ruiner is you. I am also not DeFacto.

R86 Good idea, I'll be doing the same. Thanks troll!

by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2022 5:08 PM

Does anyone know if the major networks will be replaying the morning hearings during primetime?

by Anonymousreply 89June 12, 2022 6:30 PM

I don’t think so R89. I’m going to dvr it.

by Anonymousreply 90June 12, 2022 6:42 PM

ABC had the first hearing on demand. I imagine the other ones are also likely to be available that way.

by Anonymousreply 91June 12, 2022 6:55 PM

HEARING 2, June 13 is aimed at showing “Trump engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information” despite the fact that he knew that he had lost the election. Former Fox News staffer Chris Stirewalt will testify.

HEARING 3, June 15 will target Trump’s alleged plot to influence and possibly replace the U.S. Attorney General in order to further false election claims. Set to testify are Jeffrey Rosen, who was then acting attorney general, his deputy Richard Donoghue and Justice Department official Steve Engel.

HEARING 4 is intended to outline Trump’s efforts to pressure VP Mike Pence to stop the electoral count. This hearing will take place Thursday, June 16. Greg Jacob, the former chief counsel to the vice president will testify.

HEARING 5, June 21 will trace the then-president’s alleged efforts to unduly influence state legislators and election officials. Brad Raffensperger, secretary of state of Georgia and Gabriel Sterling, one his top aides, have been subpoenaed to testify.

HEARINGS 6 & 7 are meant to detail how “Trump summoned a violent mob and directed them, illegally, to march on the U.S. Capitol” and how he failed to act to stop those same people as they invaded the Capitol building. No date is yet set for these proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 92June 12, 2022 7:40 PM

R92 It will all be available on demand on CSPAN as well, per the usual.

by Anonymousreply 93June 12, 2022 7:46 PM

So they are not going into the Republican members of Congress who aided and abetted the Insurrectionists?

by Anonymousreply 94June 12, 2022 7:53 PM

Well, we know they're going to name the congresspeople who sought preemptive pardons over Jan. 6, R94, so I'm sure there will be other revelations about Trump's co-conspirators, as well.

by Anonymousreply 95June 12, 2022 7:56 PM

Look. Unlike Liberals and Dems and Progessives, etc who get mad or upset and go home, the Republicans, the Extreme Right and the miltia types, NEVER quit. They are relentless. They stormed the Capitol attempting to stop Biden. They failed. But they didn't quit. And one thing they have been doing is making sure their people are either running the show in the state Republican organizations, and/ or running for office. School boards, local city councils, State legislatures, etc. We're in the midst of a fucking overthow of our government. This is not an exagerration.

by Anonymousreply 96June 12, 2022 9:47 PM

For the stupids in this thread.

I guess Monkeypox didn't stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2022 11:31 PM

I'm not seeing anything in the hearing summaries (thanks, R92, btw) to say that they're going to be dissecting the insurrection plot itself. Seems to me they need to determine who did what when, and who all the factions were who conspired to pull this off. We know that people were told to expect *something*--are we going to learn, I wonder, what the whole plot was and how it was coordinated?

by Anonymousreply 98June 13, 2022 1:33 AM

[quote]I want a big list of names and organizations

I want a dream ballet.

by Anonymousreply 99June 13, 2022 2:00 AM

If the Dems want to win the Midterms, they need to pound away at the Republicans for blocking every effort to deal with gasoline prices and inflation. They have had two House votes where they complained about both and then blocked legislation to address it. They have a fucking voting record that is rich with opportunities to hang them.

These hearings are necessary. But they aren't going to hand Midterm victories to the Dems. These fucking professional politicians and their strategists need to get the hell out of Washington and listen to what real people are saying. Which brings me to my next point. Reasonable Gun Safety . The Republicans are against it. America is for it. It is a political win for the Dems. Not requiring much spin either. Now Biden and his strategists have taken the issue and pissed all over it.

The lines were drawn. GOP is against legislating Gun Safety Reforms. Dems aren't. An assault weapons ban is # 1. Backgound checks. Age Restictions. Red Flags. This is basic shit. But no. We had to be Bi Partisan. We had to COMPROMISE and NEGOTIATE. and every fucking time we do, it is the Democrats who end up compromising because the GOP will not budge. So now they'e all touting this "bi-partisan famework!" With the Media parroting their "This time is different."

What does this mean? Strategically, it means that now the Dems cannot raise this issue because they own this weak assed legislative compromise that has none of the basic elements. And the Republicans have successfully neutalized the Gun Safety issue so they can keep the focus on Inflation. The American people will know the Dems supported this weak bullshit and there is no ban on the assault weapons that ae killing people. Fuck them. God I am so pissed off at the Democrats. So stupid. Once again snatching defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

by Anonymousreply 100June 13, 2022 2:04 AM

[quote]Strategically, it means that now the Dems cannot raise this issue because they own this weak assed legislative compromise that has none of the basic elements.

Of corse they can. They can say they had to act nice to get the barest minimum of cooperation from Republicans — which has the benefit of being true — while excoriating the GOP for not willing to do more.

by Anonymousreply 101June 13, 2022 2:09 AM

R100, that’s nonsense. Everyone knows where the Republicans really stand on this.

by Anonymousreply 102June 13, 2022 2:12 AM

If the Democrats vote to support this watered down Republican bullshit, they give up the high ground.. Of course we know what the Republicans stand for. But we did believe the Dems also stood for something. People are fed up. They are sick of the "play nice let's be bi partisan" Shit. They want someone who reflects their anger and fustration.They want tough, assertive, decisive. And clear,. not mushy. The only thing I am hoping is that since the House passed a tougher version, Pelosi is not willing to give up the high ground. That's what I'm hoping.

by Anonymousreply 103June 13, 2022 2:40 AM

So what you’re hoping for is no progress at all, R103.

by Anonymousreply 104June 13, 2022 2:42 AM

No I Want people to understand that the Republicans are the obstuctionists and we need more Senators and House members to get anything done. I want to win the Midterms. People want to see things getting done, and we can do it one of two ways. We can consistently cave in to the bad guys so we are "bi patisan" and accomplish next to nothing, earning derision instead of confidence, or we can get tough and win. Go on the offensive. All these mass shootings have given us an opportunity to point to the GOP's weakness, that is exactly why the GOP wants this to go away, so they can keep focused on inflation. I've repeatedly heard people say we need to fight like Republicans. Trust me, if the situation was reversed they'd tattoo the names of dead childen to their foreheads and have a sit in in the Senate chambers. These shootings ae a signal fo the Dems to get aggessive. On Kimmel, he asked why Biden couldn't just issue an executive order. Biden said he "didn't want to be lilke Trump." Fuck that. Don't fucking worry about who you're like. Do what you have to do to get something done. Just fucking do it. But let's Make a Deal Joey can't seem to get it.

by Anonymousreply 105June 13, 2022 2:53 AM

I've been thinking, every time we turn aound, some journalist has written a book about Trump and the Trump WH. But the real story has yet to be written, IMO. We know Trump was a moron, corrupt, incompetent, etc. Yes, he did make some appointments and he definitely had his beliefs and acted on them. But I was struck with how quickly he put together a cabinet and even drilled down into departments and agencies to put people in place. Obviously he didn't do it. I'd bet a list of names was submitted, he went through the motions, mostly theater of conducting interviews during his "transition" but I remember reading that some guy who used to be the Director of something for the Koch brothers, had an office in the WH and was calling the shots on policy and personnel and he had an agenda to implement. So while Tump wasn't a complete figure head he did follow orders. When will there be an expose' on these invisible people? I mean we know more about the Federalist Society now, but they were installed by Bush. We know oligarchs with Russian accents had Trump's ear, but when it came to running things who were the corporate dons calling the shots. We know Kochs were hands on involved but never mentioned. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 106June 13, 2022 4:00 AM

R47 Have you worked in Peru at some point, ElderLez?

by Anonymousreply 107June 13, 2022 10:02 AM

R106 That's common with all modern presidents. They represent a political coalition and a lot of times they're chosen by the faction to run as its face. Obama did the same thing, as did Biden. I think Susan Rice is the one who actually chose most of Biden's cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 108June 13, 2022 10:16 AM

Citigroup's Michael Froman chose most of Obama's first cabinet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 13, 2022 10:20 AM

Visited in the fall of 2015 R107. It was a weird time. Our guides all wanted to talk about Trump and Keiko a lot, which is somewhat understandable given the upcoming elections in both countries but not quite what we expected. Like idiots we assured them that mango Mussolini would never be elected.

by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2022 11:18 AM

R108 and R109, that's not true. Susan Rice did not pick Biden's cabinet nor did Citi Group choose Obama's. It is true that Donors have a lot to say, too much in fact about key appointments. If you are talking about Energy, which is now a key department, Defense Department, Financial Services, (Treasury) Big Phama, all of them will be in there pitching. it is an unweildy pocess.

There is a Transition Team and a special office for personnel. I know this because I was recuited by them when....Jimmy Carter got elected. Not for a BIG JOB, but for a staff job. Not much has changed. (I'm still active in state Democratic party politics and I know generally how it works. I've worked on a lot of campaigns. In the top tier, the Pesident chooses his staff, and draws from recommendations from Members of Congress, and members of the donor class and from party activists in all 50 states.

In Obama's case, he would have been guided by Biden's input and by John Kerry and Kennedy's people. Ted was ill, but he had a vast network of competent people around him. Pelosi would be another. Then he had to consider the people who endorsed him and worked had to get him elected. Obama was also looking at Dick Dubin in Illinois and ahm Emanuel, his friend from Chicago who woked eally had fo him to get elected and was a total disaste as his chief of staff. With Biden, he has been aound fo a vey long time, but he has a coe goup of people he elies on and on Klain is at the top of that list, not Susan ice. Joe llikes he and she is a stong competent woman, but his comfot level is satified by people he is familia with.

With Trump, he was a renegade who didn't owe the Party much at all. He allowed Reince Pribus, Paul Ryan's buddy to be his chief, because Trump was clueless about govenment and didn't want to deal with process. He just wanted it to be a constant campaign. "Let's just have rallies." He took some advice fom guys like Chis Chistie and Rudy, but it was the Koch brother's organization, and their practically invisible director of it who really ran the show and called the shots. Grassley and McConnell had input and placed key people in the WH to keep an eye on him.

Roger Stone advised Trump, (yeah) Manafort was still advising, and the Extreme Right advised him. Now the Kochs were willing to let some of Trump's bottom feeders have jobs, but in key areas, certain positions weren't going to get filled without Kochs' approval. And without the Oligarchs' approval. You look at Mnuchin, Wilur Ross, etc. if Trump didn't know them, or even know of them, you can bet they were placed there. He would get a list with maybe 2 or 3 names on it, already vetted, and he would check them off. Maybe go thru the motions of inteviewing them at his New Jersey Golf Club or at Mar A Lago. It was a fucking circus.

by Anonymousreply 111June 13, 2022 12:49 PM

Sorry. My "R" gets sticky at times.

by Anonymousreply 112June 13, 2022 1:02 PM

Live updates from NBC. The hearing has been delayed and Bill Sepien will not be testifying in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 13, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote]The hearing has been delayed and Bill Sepien will not be testifying in person.

Hmm, wonder what that's about...Seth Abramson is speculating it's some kind of witness tampering on Trump's part, but who knows

by Anonymousreply 114June 13, 2022 1:41 PM

The 1/6 HUAC has delayed today's hearing by 30 minutes.

I hope the Committee is putting together Video from his many hours of testimony. Ask a question, go to the video.

It's a reality show at its finest. Screw him with his own words.

by Anonymousreply 115June 13, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote]The 1/6 HUAC

That seems unnecessarily hyperbolic, r115.

by Anonymousreply 116June 13, 2022 1:47 PM

Bill Sepien‘s wife is in labor, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 117June 13, 2022 1:52 PM

r112 = wavishing Kay Fwancis

by Anonymousreply 118June 13, 2022 1:55 PM

[quote]That seems unnecessarily hyperbolic, [R115].

What seems hyperbolic? Insurrection? House Unamerican Activities Committee?

by Anonymousreply 119June 13, 2022 1:56 PM

People don't like the term because the original HUAC was a McCarthy-led witch hunt. Do you consider this investigation a witch hunt?

by Anonymousreply 120June 13, 2022 2:07 PM

The right-wingers online are calling the J6 hearings "HUAC" as a pejorative. The J6 hearings are not HUAC hearings. Why are you saying they are?

by Anonymousreply 121June 13, 2022 2:11 PM

[quote]No I Want people to understand that the Republicans are the obstuctionists and we need more Senators and House members to get anything done. I want to win the Midterms.

Even if the watered-down legislation is passed, Dems can still mount a campaign - why did it take years to bring this minimum - and tie it to the gun lobby basically having the GOP in its pockets. There are ways to spin this as Dem achievement and still pound the table about the GOP. But it needs to be sharp, consistent and targeted, and as said upthread, relentless. It will require message discipline which isn't a forte of the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 122June 13, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote]Seth Abramson is speculating it's some kind of witness tampering on Trump's part

The truth is that Sepien's wife is in labor. I don't know why people pay attention to Abramson. He always invents some huge drama, which never turns out to be accurate.

by Anonymousreply 123June 13, 2022 2:13 PM

Calling it a witch hunt is misleading, not exaggeration. This investigation is hunting quite real witches.

by Anonymousreply 124June 13, 2022 2:13 PM

Watching msnbc and they're consistently using 'narrative' for the statements of both sides.

One side deals with 'feelings', 'own the libs' and election fraud lies. The other side deals with the facts and has receipts.

As always, the media has fallen into the Rethug trap and mindlessly parrots their language. Same uncritical acceptance of political verbiage as with 'pro-life'.

by Anonymousreply 125June 13, 2022 2:17 PM

Watch today's hearing at link below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 13, 2022 2:21 PM

[quote]I don't know why people pay attention to Abramson. He always invents some huge drama, which never turns out to be accurate.

Well, he does have a flair for drama and frequently using ALL CAPS, so there is that.

by Anonymousreply 127June 13, 2022 2:34 PM

It’s finally started for today.

by Anonymousreply 128June 13, 2022 2:50 PM

Liz Cheney again wearing blue.

by Anonymousreply 129June 13, 2022 2:51 PM

Inebriated Guiliani!

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2022 2:53 PM

Inebriated Rudy Guiliani

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2022 2:54 PM

Is it just me or are these hearings very well organized? They know exactly where they are going in a very detailed manner.

by Anonymousreply 132June 13, 2022 2:54 PM

It is hard to believe the Committee would have been unaware of all the circumstances involving and affecting witness testimony. Could this pending birth be a case of induced-labor for convenience? It wouldn't be the first time.

by Anonymousreply 133June 13, 2022 2:56 PM

This is my summer time viewing. I am not interested in watching anything else.

by Anonymousreply 134June 13, 2022 2:59 PM

I'm going to need more popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote]Inebriated Rudy Guiliani

Impossible! It can't be true!

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2022 3:02 PM

blue is a good color to wear, red is more challenging

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2022 3:06 PM

Tiffany is the only Trump who comes out of this unscathed. Finally being ignored has paid off for her.

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2022 3:08 PM

Has anyone tried popcorn with milk and sugar as a breakfast cereal? ;o)

by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2022 3:09 PM

won't watch on nbc or abc

by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2022 3:09 PM

There is nothing that pleases me more than Rudy's downfall.

by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2022 3:09 PM

They’re cutting and splicing together different bits of testimony to make it more interesting. Someone put a lot of work into this. I thought today would be boring but it’s pretty gripping. They’re telling a story.

by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2022 3:11 PM

Congratulations to the Stepiens and who I can only assume will be baby Maverick. 🎈 🎊🐥

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2022 3:11 PM

R142, so it’s not just me?

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2022 3:13 PM

R133 without a doubt. What a day to be born! The 13th.

by Anonymousreply 145June 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Did Stepians rape baby get shit out yet?

by Anonymousreply 146June 13, 2022 3:14 PM

That's not true- mail in has always favored Rs.

by Anonymousreply 147June 13, 2022 3:15 PM

It’s completely unrelated to the seriousness of the moment at hand and 100% superficial, but I have to ask - what can Rep. Zoe Lofgren do to improve the quality of her skin?

by Anonymousreply 148June 13, 2022 3:15 PM

R142, this really upsets me. It's infortainment and not the incredibly serious historical process it should be. And it makes me realize there won't be consequences and it's just for the election. And that it won't sway anyone, the true believers won't move any further.

You'll all blame me for concern trolling. But no one in my life will even consider listening outside of MSNBC talking points.

by Anonymousreply 149June 13, 2022 3:18 PM

Oh, this Fox News election expert’s explanation of the “red mirage” of votes should be played on a loop for the Fox News viewers.

by Anonymousreply 150June 13, 2022 3:18 PM

R149 What do you think they should be doing? They’re making the case for the public to understand. The Justice Dept hasn’t weighed in yet.

by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2022 3:20 PM

Is FOX running an all day gay grooming distraction marathon?

by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2022 3:21 PM

R151, I understand that- I'm just defeated by the presentation. And I understand that this is how things have to be presented.

But it's just... very produced. I know we couldn't expect Americans to sit through a dry CSPAN hearing.

by Anonymousreply 153June 13, 2022 3:22 PM

" nothing will happen"=I vote magat

by Anonymousreply 154June 13, 2022 3:22 PM

These hearings are constructed to appeal to the limited attention span of Americans today. No way would anyone beyond a very limited audience of diehard Democrats watch days of dry testimony a la the Watergate hearings.

by Anonymousreply 155June 13, 2022 3:23 PM

R155, exactly and that's what I need to realize. I think I was expecting it to be much graver.

by Anonymousreply 156June 13, 2022 3:25 PM

Overthrowing our government is SO boring.

by Anonymousreply 157June 13, 2022 3:28 PM

I've scoured the internet and can find no reference to a Bill or William Stepien having an engagement, wedding, wife, wife expecting a baby... nothing. Just that he had a 'romance' with his Bridgegate co-hort Bridget Kelly in 2014.

If anyone can find her name I'll go down on you- male or female.

by Anonymousreply 158June 13, 2022 3:29 PM

Fox has a wistful picture of Steipen up right now. It's... I don't even know.

by Anonymousreply 159June 13, 2022 3:29 PM

This testimony is absolutely what all those election conspiracy theorists need to hear.

by Anonymousreply 160June 13, 2022 3:30 PM

The crotchfruit rots from the head.

by Anonymousreply 161June 13, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] it's just... very produced.

It is. They hired a former ABC News producer (I think it’s ABC) to put this extravaganza together. It’s very slick.

by Anonymousreply 162June 13, 2022 3:31 PM

R153 It would seem quite stupid of the committee not to make these public hearings digestible for the public. Media consumption has changed, it is good to see these hearings are “keeping up with the times” while also laying the foundation of the gravity of what occurred.

I think maybe you are expecting it to be graver because what happened was tragic, but the build up to Jan 6 was much of the theatre of the absurd.

by Anonymousreply 163June 13, 2022 3:32 PM

Rudy should be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 164June 13, 2022 3:34 PM

And the zoom testimonies- I realize that's giving this a very weird feel.

Also, clearly all of these people are clowns (Ivanka).

And it's unbelievably tragic. And even the goddamn re-election campaign of a sitting President getting to this point of incompetence is tragic. The careerist Republicans who didn't get involved to save themselves have blood on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 165June 13, 2022 3:35 PM

[quote]t’s completely unrelated to the seriousness of the moment at hand and 100% superficial, but I have to ask - what can Rep. Zoe Lofgren do to improve the quality of her skin?

Short of a facelift, not much, but she should do something about her frizzy hair - at least a cut & color. Nancy should've organized a glam squad for the hard cases like Lofgren

by Anonymousreply 166June 13, 2022 3:35 PM

R158 I'd never heard of Bill Stepien before a couple of days ago. Who is this guy?

by Anonymousreply 167June 13, 2022 3:35 PM

Sidney Powell should be in prison.

by Anonymousreply 168June 13, 2022 3:36 PM

I know this is shallow, you know, but Mr. Stepian's "you know" is, you know, starting to grate on my you know.

I do like the way they're presenting this as a whole, though.

by Anonymousreply 169June 13, 2022 3:36 PM

R158 You could do a marriage records search if you know which state he lives in. Could be his common-law wife though.

by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2022 3:36 PM

Jared just admitted they told Trump HE LOST.

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2022 3:37 PM

Oops, I think it's spelled "Stepien".

by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2022 3:38 PM

WTF? Is this the only thread? why isn't it bigger?

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2022 3:38 PM

Chris Christie prosecuted Jared's daddy, btw. Stepien worked with him. (NY/NJ cluster fuck).

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2022 3:38 PM

I'm going to go ahead and call this guy Bill Sepia, so we can have his name spelled wrong in as many ways as humanly possible on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 175June 13, 2022 3:39 PM

Sydney Powell, LOCK HER UP!

Why is this twat still on the loose?

by Anonymousreply 176June 13, 2022 3:41 PM

R173 Be the bigger thread you hope to see.

by Anonymousreply 177June 13, 2022 3:41 PM

Too bad he couldn’t appear in person, but they covered pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 178June 13, 2022 3:41 PM

So this is the part where Bill Barr throws Jared and the rest of the under the bus?

by Anonymousreply 179June 13, 2022 3:42 PM

Sidney The Cracken claims everyone knew her claims of fraud were obviously untrue? That is her defense?

by Anonymousreply 180June 13, 2022 3:42 PM

Zoe Lofgren:

"rolls eyes...."

by Anonymousreply 181June 13, 2022 3:43 PM

barr to donald: "...the Department [of Justice] is not part of your legal team."

by Anonymousreply 182June 13, 2022 3:43 PM

"They moved votes from my account"

He really didn't understand 😆😆😆

by Anonymousreply 183June 13, 2022 3:44 PM

"The Red Mirage" would be a fantastic burlesque act.

by Anonymousreply 184June 13, 2022 3:44 PM

It is absolutely BLOODCURLING to fully understand the level of insanity that surrounded and enabled and failed to deter the insane tRump.

by Anonymousreply 185June 13, 2022 3:44 PM

How in the world Trump thought he could get away with his ridiculous election fraud lies is beyond me - yet millions of Americans apparently believed them. Still unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 186June 13, 2022 3:45 PM

Apparently Trump knows from big, massive dumps.

by Anonymousreply 187June 13, 2022 3:45 PM

All this evidence is proof that Trump is completely insane. How in the hell can he possibly be allowed to run for president again? Not to mention his previous impeachments.

by Anonymousreply 188June 13, 2022 3:46 PM

R183 Those votes were just resting in my account!

by Anonymousreply 189June 13, 2022 3:46 PM

Trump is so fucking lazy he commits crimes on camera.

by Anonymousreply 190June 13, 2022 3:46 PM

Idiots will always believe lies they want to believe. Very simple.

by Anonymousreply 191June 13, 2022 3:46 PM

r186. because this worked in 2016 to get the porker in the White House

by Anonymousreply 192June 13, 2022 3:47 PM

YES!! R182. That infuriates me because previously he DID act as Trump’s personal lawyer. The President is above the law.

by Anonymousreply 193June 13, 2022 3:47 PM

The voting dump discussion is killing me. How can a person be so dumb?

by Anonymousreply 194June 13, 2022 3:48 PM

Remember when Bill Barr was interviewed on CNN (before he quit) and refused to say that Biden had fairly won the election? He obfuscated with a bunch of bullshit about elections not being perfect and questions could always be asked. What a sniveling coward.

by Anonymousreply 195June 13, 2022 3:48 PM

He’ll run again in 2024 and he’ll win

by Anonymousreply 196June 13, 2022 3:48 PM

Wonder if Barr will ever admit he distorted the Mueller report.

by Anonymousreply 197June 13, 2022 3:49 PM

He'll be assassinated.

by Anonymousreply 198June 13, 2022 3:49 PM

Also the committee needs to point out that these Trump clips were made from the WH, not money grubbing rallies in Texas or wherever

by Anonymousreply 199June 13, 2022 3:49 PM

Okay, I found this. Apparently she has another child named Ronald.

Why are people having kids in their 40s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 13, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote]Why are people having kids in their 40s?

BECAUSE ABORTION IS MURDER YOU GROOMER!

by Anonymousreply 201June 13, 2022 3:51 PM

Bill Barr burns Dinesh D’Souza.

by Anonymousreply 202June 13, 2022 3:51 PM

Why didn’t they have Barr testify in person?

by Anonymousreply 203June 13, 2022 3:52 PM

These hearings will end with the public beheading of all traitors to the Republic and will mark the beginning of 200 years of peaceful Democratic single party rule!

by Anonymousreply 204June 13, 2022 3:53 PM

Is "bloodcurling" a new version of Canada's favorite sport?

by Anonymousreply 205June 13, 2022 3:53 PM

R198 Are you volunteering?

by Anonymousreply 206June 13, 2022 3:53 PM

FMR. AG Bill Barr: Trump showed no interest "In what the actual facts were".

by Anonymousreply 207June 13, 2022 3:54 PM

R185 The mere thought makes my blood curly.

by Anonymousreply 208June 13, 2022 3:55 PM

And it makes you look 10 years younger r208!

by Anonymousreply 209June 13, 2022 3:56 PM

Stepien keeps a condo in DC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 13, 2022 3:59 PM

... and a home in New Hope, PA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 13, 2022 4:02 PM

[quote]Why didn’t they have Barr testify in person?

Because he spilled his guts on film to the committee and has nothing new to offer. It's mindblowing how fast he turned on Trump after being his puppet. Now he's trying to salvage his reputation. Too late.

by Anonymousreply 212June 13, 2022 4:02 PM

R200, Ronald is their dog. I get the impression she's much younger than Bill. This is either his second marriage or he waited to get married.

[quote]barr to donald: "...the Department [of Justice] is not part of your legal team."

That's how the fucker thinks. Like a toddler "mine, mine, mine." MY generals, MY military, MY people. He thinks the presidency meant everything is controlled by the president and therefore, HIS.

by Anonymousreply 213June 13, 2022 4:02 PM

bill barr seems to enjoy an unusually comfortable relationship with bull shit; are there scat tapes in a Kremlin vault?

by Anonymousreply 214June 13, 2022 4:03 PM

Barr: "I told Trump his election fraud claims were bogus."

by Anonymousreply 215June 13, 2022 4:06 PM

Kinda creepy that your home can be still listed online, with dozens of photos of the interior. It's like, "Here's how to break-in".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 13, 2022 4:08 PM

This is nauseating. Remember how Trump wouldn’t cooperate with Biden’s transition? All these people should have come out publicly at that time.

by Anonymousreply 217June 13, 2022 4:08 PM

[quote]Now he's trying to salvage his reputation. Too late.

The media is helping Barr in that effort by interviewing him and ignoring his direct role. He's a despicable individual. He said he would vote for Trump again. These people are evil.

R214, all you need to know about Barr is that his father (who was headmaster at Dalton) hired a 21yo Jeffery Epstein -who didn't even have a college degree- to be a math teacher. And he wrote sci- fi about planets where oligarchs engaged in child sex slavery.

by Anonymousreply 218June 13, 2022 4:09 PM

[quote]Bill Barr burns Dinesh D’Souza.

I missed it. What did he say about Dinesh?

by Anonymousreply 219June 13, 2022 4:12 PM

[quote]Bill Barr burns Dinesh D’Souza

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 220June 13, 2022 4:13 PM

Trump decided before the election was even held that he could just bluff his way to a second term by claiming election fraud. He already had his arguments lined up. That’s why he wasn’t interested in the actual truth. He thought it didn’t matter.

by Anonymousreply 221June 13, 2022 4:15 PM

Ultimately, if Trump is disconnected from reality, and his actions result in American deaths, I think the moral blame lies with Jared and Ivanka who had the duel family/senior advisor role. They failed the country, they had the most influence in both spheres, and they should have done their duty to their country.

by Anonymousreply 222June 13, 2022 4:15 PM

How do you have any self-respect supporting Trump at any point? And I'm talking going back to 2015. You have to know you're garbage.

by Anonymousreply 223June 13, 2022 4:15 PM

Imagine the chaos Jimpanzee Jordan would be creating had he been seated!

by Anonymousreply 224June 13, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote]What did he say about Dinesh?

He dismissed D'Souza's ridiculous 2000 Mules "documentary" with a derisive chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 225June 13, 2022 4:17 PM

R222, why would you expect a shit couple who both come from garbage families to do the right think. Kushner is both stupid and vile.

by Anonymousreply 226June 13, 2022 4:18 PM

R222, this is exactly why family members should never be in the executive branch. Because if old grandad is senile, who’s going to tell him to hand over the keys? Not the ones that inherit.

by Anonymousreply 227June 13, 2022 4:18 PM

I guess all these officials that supported his election lies thought he could succeed in somehow overturning the election?

by Anonymousreply 228June 13, 2022 4:18 PM

Oops at #210. Go to this site:

https // mytax dot dc dot gov /_/

(no spaces) and enter: 1730 New Hampshire Ave Nw 5 Washington, Dc 20009

by Anonymousreply 229June 13, 2022 4:22 PM

Don't forget that he wouldn't commit to conceding in 2016 if he lost. This was always a go-to.

by Anonymousreply 230June 13, 2022 4:25 PM

Bill Barr:"I was somewhat demoralized, because I thought, boy, if he really believes this stuff, he has, you know, lost contact with — he’s become detached from reality if he really believes this stuff.”

Also Bill Barr: "I'd vote for this irrational idiot to become president again."

by Anonymousreply 231June 13, 2022 4:25 PM

Trump wanted a riot so it would trigger Martial Law.

But he also wanted his militias to kidnap, torture and murder Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff and Pence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 13, 2022 4:26 PM

Do you think Trump was delusional or crafty? Did he believe his own bullshit or was he just throwing shit out there to see if it would stick. Inane or corrupt?

by Anonymousreply 233June 13, 2022 4:31 PM

InSANE not inane. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 234June 13, 2022 4:32 PM

Epstein Barr virus

by Anonymousreply 235June 13, 2022 4:32 PM

not insane. GRIFT.

by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2022 4:35 PM

It's on right now OP on ABC and CBS and it's boring. Watching or not watching won't change the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2022 4:38 PM

[quote]Do you think Trump was delusional or crafty? Did he believe his own bullshit or was he just throwing shit out there to see if it would stick. Inane or corrupt?

I think, like most conmen, he came up with a scam and talked himself into believing it over time.

by Anonymousreply 238June 13, 2022 4:38 PM

Do you think cable news stations might repeat this hearing later tonight?

by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2022 4:43 PM

Ending with a recap of how Trump fleeced the rubes for hundreds of millions of dollars. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 240June 13, 2022 4:45 PM

How long are they in session for today?

by Anonymousreply 241June 13, 2022 4:46 PM

"Not only was there the Big Lie, there was the Big Ripoff."

by Anonymousreply 242June 13, 2022 4:47 PM

donald is an unwavering proponent of Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking," and he and his parents attended Peale's Marble Collegiate Church for more than 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 243June 13, 2022 4:47 PM

Almost done now. It was 2 hours but they got a late start.

by Anonymousreply 244June 13, 2022 4:47 PM

A Coming Attraction! Love it!

by Anonymousreply 245June 13, 2022 4:48 PM

I love Rep. Zoe Lofgren, so motherly. Unassailable.

by Anonymousreply 246June 13, 2022 4:48 PM

How can Republicans not be appalled by this. Do they not realize that secure fair elections are in the interest of both parties. Why would they sacrifice that for a fool like Trump?

by Anonymousreply 247June 13, 2022 4:49 PM

Zoe Lofgren for President!

by Anonymousreply 248June 13, 2022 4:50 PM

Now they’re making fun of the stupid people. 🤪

by Anonymousreply 249June 13, 2022 4:50 PM

R247 It's called Russian money, gobs of it.

by Anonymousreply 250June 13, 2022 4:51 PM

250 million in small donor donations to stop the steal. Grift.

by Anonymousreply 251June 13, 2022 4:52 PM

“And now, more footage of ‘Flat Earther’ moronic Trump supporters for you enjoyment.”

by Anonymousreply 252June 13, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote]Do they not realize that secure fair elections are in the interest of both parties.

What about the last 40 years makes you think Republicans are interested in fair elections?

by Anonymousreply 253June 13, 2022 4:53 PM

Trump is despicable beyond measure. He should be in prison, at best.

by Anonymousreply 254June 13, 2022 4:55 PM

The difference between these hearings and the Watergate ones is that there were persuadable people back then who were really shocked & appalled when the truth came out. Not sure there are any of those this time.

by Anonymousreply 255June 13, 2022 4:57 PM

NBC has an expert move the discussion away from the hearing to inflation and gasoline prices. This is what we are up against to preserve our democracy.

by Anonymousreply 256June 13, 2022 4:59 PM

What is the worst offense: for Trump to declare he believes the election was stolen, which led to the Insurrection; or, to grift from your supporters hundreds of millions of dollars based on a lie you do not actually believe?

by Anonymousreply 257June 13, 2022 5:08 PM

the run for potus was a grift.

by Anonymousreply 258June 13, 2022 5:10 PM

Exactly when are we going to hear for the first time on broadcast air that the NY FBI office and Ghouliani himself was giddy about a “surprise” that would eliminate Hiil’s Presidential camoaighn back in 2016. I mean the Ghoul was giddy as hell that ”something” devastating was about to come out just days prior to the election.

Now we know it was that fucking Comey traitor that would follow that there was a new investigation about her fucking e-mails that would derail her Presidential hopes. We know now that it was all fucking sham, but where is the Justice in all of this!? That fucking Comey should be in jail today! And he has NOT divulged what/who was twisting his arm behind his back to this day! And it could’ve been just a small twist because he was himself a true Repuke and a fetus MAGAt at the time.

Someone needs to have aborted this fetus MAGAt, but he’s a happy camper today having not to pay for his utter betrayal to our country! Another slimy, treasonous Repuke that has slithered away from Justice.

That NYC FBI field office run under the auspices of Ghouliani needs to investigated thoroughly!

In terms of all of this Jan. 6 committee hearings, what does it amount to? What is the purpose of it, we may ask ourselves. Is it going to nullify everything Dump did in his tenure or not!? Other than this outcome, it’s all just a bunch of hot air and a footnote in history.

by Anonymousreply 259June 13, 2022 5:11 PM

Rudolph Giuliani, "America's Betrayer."

(Obit writers: revise your drafts accordingly)

by Anonymousreply 260June 13, 2022 5:24 PM

Stepien said "You Know" 43 times.

by Anonymousreply 261June 13, 2022 5:35 PM

All in all it was rather underwhelming. Just rehashed old clips. They have to do better if they want to attract viewers.

by Anonymousreply 262June 13, 2022 5:44 PM

Like what, R262?

by Anonymousreply 263June 13, 2022 5:51 PM

Nice try, R259: bait with the faux concern about Clinton, switch to complete despair.

I doubt that even at the troll farm your obvious transparency makes you seem at all clever.

by Anonymousreply 264June 13, 2022 5:51 PM

262 does not understand the assignment

by Anonymousreply 265June 13, 2022 5:52 PM

This latest hearing only served to establish that there was some organizing element behind Jan. 6.

I mean, come on! A lot of members of the commission are lawyers themselves. They should know what it takes to have 100% proof on their suspect without leaving any doubt.

by Anonymousreply 266June 13, 2022 5:55 PM

[quote]All in all it was rather underwhelming. Just rehashed old clips.

Odd statement when the vast majority of the clips were from video testimonies to the committee, which were not public.

by Anonymousreply 267June 13, 2022 5:59 PM

It's depressing how we could be in such a better place as a country if Trump simply would have said: We fought hard, but we lost. We wish the Biden administration all the best.

I know, I know. Never was going to happen. But it would have been so nice.

by Anonymousreply 268June 13, 2022 6:02 PM

[quote]This latest hearing only served to establish that there was some organizing element behind Jan. 6.

Absolute horseshit.

We learned just how many people around Donald knew he lost, how many of them told him repeatedly he was losing, and that the fraud claims were fricasseed bullshit. His own AG seems to be trying to plant the legal defense that Donald was too mentally gone to have criminal intent, but the other testimony contradicts that. We also learned that Donald scammed roughly $250 million from his rubes, which could potentially lead to wire fraud charges.

by Anonymousreply 269June 13, 2022 6:08 PM

So, did the Stepiens birth their baby yet or was it false labor?

by Anonymousreply 270June 13, 2022 6:08 PM

Why did he even need to be there for the delivery? Or was he the one carrying the child? (In his colon).

And awfully convenient set of circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 271June 13, 2022 6:15 PM

Fun fact: Stepien also happens to be the campaign manager for Liz Cheney's primary challenger.

by Anonymousreply 272June 13, 2022 6:16 PM

Baby daddy is poorly spoken. How do these people land jobs with these obvious deficiencies.

by Anonymousreply 273June 13, 2022 6:21 PM

"Jan. 6 committee establishes the Trump campaign was a complete grift — they raised $250 million after the election for the “Official Election Defense Fund” which did not exist and the money instead went to Trump hotels and his own Save America PAC"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 13, 2022 6:23 PM

The hearings attracted high enough ratings to get the attention of FOX: it changed course and televised today’s session.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 13, 2022 6:27 PM

Today's hearings were not as dramatic as the first but did flesh out additional details. Example:250 million in donations grifted from small donors.

by Anonymousreply 276June 13, 2022 6:35 PM

Why does it have to be proven that Trump deliberately incited the attack on the Capitol? Isn’t attempting to alter the results of an election illegal? He certainly did that.

by Anonymousreply 277June 13, 2022 6:45 PM

I couldn't even find where it was being televised this morning. Then some idiot of FB was bitching that The Kelly Clarkson Show wasn't going to air due to the hearings. We are doomed as a nation. Doomed.

by Anonymousreply 278June 13, 2022 7:13 PM

[quote]Then some idiot of FB was bitching that The Kelly Clarkson Show wasn't going to air due to the hearings.

Possibly, though I remember my mom & aunts bitching about how their soaps were cancelled for weeks due to the Watergate hearings.

Right or wrong, I think even among the reasonable sane in this country, there's this feeling of hopelessness because whatever they've tried to pin on Trump - two impeachments & the nothingburger Mueller report never seems to stick. The 1/6 hearings appear to be a tight, well-thought out, disciplined effort & I hope this time it breaks through, but who knows....

by Anonymousreply 279June 13, 2022 7:32 PM

r238, if you are a regular person, you admit defeat.

If you are a Billionaire, who has never taken no for an answer, you move to the next lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 280June 13, 2022 7:39 PM

Giuliani's attorney says Giuliani was not drunk on election night. “Giuliani denies all falsehoods by the angry and misguided Ms Cheney," Robert Costello tells CNN.

But it was his erstwhile allies Jason Miller and Bill Stepien that told Cheney and the House Committee that Rudy was inebriated that night.

by Anonymousreply 281June 13, 2022 7:50 PM

R279, I think everyone’s immediate concern is, or should be, preventing Trump from being the Republican nominee in the next Presidential election. That’s still a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 282June 13, 2022 7:57 PM

[quote]Why does it have to be proven that Trump deliberately incited the attack on the Capitol? Isn’t attempting to alter the results of an election illegal? He certainly did that.

Por que no los dos?

It's two separate criminal acts. He needs to get nailed for both.

by Anonymousreply 283June 13, 2022 8:01 PM

"like, nothing seems to like, stick"= I voted for him 4 times

by Anonymousreply 284June 13, 2022 8:19 PM

R279 That is what is so discouraging. The impeachment cases were well presented with lots of evidence, too. The Mueller Report was not presented well, but contained solid information.

That report noted that Trump could be prosecuted after he was out of office and Mitch McConnell also said that after the 2nd impeachment attempt. Today M Garland said publicly that they were watching the hearings with interest, but shouldn’t they already know all this stuff? If Trump doesn’t get charged with any crime sometime soon, it will be so depressing.

Anyone can see that he tried to steal the election and committed illegal acts in the process. Yet as R282 said, he may actually run for President again. Worse yet, it is possible he could win!

by Anonymousreply 285June 13, 2022 8:47 PM

14 takeaways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 13, 2022 8:48 PM

R283, I believe in multiple count indictments.

by Anonymousreply 287June 13, 2022 8:55 PM

I am not normally a concern troll. However, I have given up hope that anything will come of this. Biden will lose either because of the economy or GOP cheating. I am usually optimistic but I am not delusional. We are currently at the beginning of a civil war, it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.

by Anonymousreply 288June 13, 2022 9:08 PM

rep. Zoe Lofgren tells @jaketapper

that Kimberly Guilfoyle was paid $60,000 for introducing her fiancé Donald Trump Jr at Jan 6 rally that immediately preceded the Capitol riot.

“It’s a grift,” Lofgren said in an interview w/ CNN. Declined to comment on potential crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289June 13, 2022 9:09 PM

The committee will be handing over their transcripts etc, to DOJ in September. That seems too late for DOJ to take the time needed to go through all of their evidence and do anything with it. I think they will quietly drop it sometime in 2023. Trump will probably be dead anyway.

by Anonymousreply 290June 13, 2022 9:13 PM

I can't think of anyway to describe this article other than overwrought. It reads like it was written by a coked-up College Sophomore.

"Coupers" is not, and cannot be, a word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 13, 2022 9:16 PM

Everything Trump does is for money. No money, no Trump. It's the reason he ran for POTUS in 2016 (free advertising for their now-toxic brand).

by Anonymousreply 292June 13, 2022 9:20 PM

I was worried these Congressional proceedings wouldn't live up to their illustrious precedent.

Stepien getting his wife pregnant eight months in advance, then having her induce labor on the morning of his testimony is legendary fine form and bodes well for the remaining hearings.

If he's #TeamNormal then I can't wait to see Rudy Giuliani and Liz Cheney battling each other over whether Rudy was drunk on election night (he definitely was.) Lush!

by Anonymousreply 293June 13, 2022 9:23 PM

Also eagerly waiting for news of what fucking stupid Republican name baby Steppington has been saddled with.

by Anonymousreply 294June 13, 2022 9:24 PM

"Not the approach I would take if I were you" is about the most bland, noncommittal statement it's possible to make.

What was the point of having Kushner testify if he just sat there and hemmed and hawed and spat off vague platitudes? Did he give any actual information?

by Anonymousreply 295June 13, 2022 9:29 PM

I believe this entire thing is gearing up to be an attack ad for the next Trump campaign.

by Anonymousreply 296June 13, 2022 9:33 PM

[quote]I think everyone’s immediate concern is, or should be, preventing Trump from being the Republican nominee in the next Presidential election. That’s still a possibility.

This is what's so alarming. That it could be a possibility - a known seditionist ex-president being allowed to run again and possibly gain the GOP pick is so beyond the realm of normal and reason its like being in bizarro world. Surely any Republican left with a brain has been able to see what a legitimate threat to the country Fat Ass has been? I can't see McConnell endorsing him again.

by Anonymousreply 297June 13, 2022 9:34 PM

R296 This is all much more pathetic and absurd than anyone is currently willing to admit.

by Anonymousreply 298June 13, 2022 9:35 PM

Jared was so,like,busy with like, the pardons.

by Anonymousreply 299June 13, 2022 9:42 PM

And having to put up with whining, r299.

by Anonymousreply 300June 13, 2022 9:43 PM

It scares me more if a DeSantis becomes the nominee because he's smarter and doing the things Trump wishes he could do.

by Anonymousreply 301June 13, 2022 9:44 PM

R277 this is why seditious conspiracy is such an important charge regardless of whether other charges are brought.

Ruminate on this and then ruminate on those pardon requests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 13, 2022 9:54 PM

It was carried on Fox News

by Anonymousreply 303June 13, 2022 9:55 PM

R302 The DOJ would be the ones filing charges for sedition, yes? Congress is apparently just debating over writing a stern letter to the DOJ, unless I've misread.

There doesn't seem to be a very clear answer as to what concrete action these hearings are supposed to result in.

by Anonymousreply 304June 13, 2022 10:00 PM

Here's a highlight reel of today's hearing from MSNBC.

I wouldn't describe anybody's tone in this as "objective."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 13, 2022 10:06 PM

We need a historical record of the insurrection and Trump's role in his election fraud. Without a doubt.

But the case building is being done in an odd way- I assume the other shoe will drop during prime time on Friday. Something shocking.

by Anonymousreply 306June 13, 2022 10:06 PM

If Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee in 2024 his best bet of winning is to be up against Trump. So I have mixed feelings about Trump being charged with criminal activity. I would love to see Trump in jail but I would hate to see any Republican in the White House ever again.

by Anonymousreply 307June 13, 2022 10:06 PM

My understanding is that Congress is handing over evidence to DOJ over the course of the hearings. DOJ has already indicted the leaders of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers for seditious conspiracy so it isn’t unreasonable to think charges against members of Congress/TFG could be brought soon after the contents of those (mentioned) encrypted chats and emails are revealed especially if they are with or reference those two group’s leadership; like you know if the Arizona reps were actively texting the Orange hats.

by Anonymousreply 308June 13, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]I assume the other shoe will drop during prime time on Friday. Something shocking.

Virtually everything the Trump administration did was shocking. The first two days of hearings were filled with revelations that would have shocked Republicans and Democrats alike seven years ago. It's just that he's inured us to presidential corruption, graft and disregard for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 309June 13, 2022 10:09 PM

I can’t imagine what a Congressional committee knows that DOJ doesn’t. Maybe they are just waiting to make arrests until the committee lays out the case for the public?

by Anonymousreply 310June 13, 2022 10:16 PM

Here's what's going to happen. Garland will hem and haw, the Democrats will lose both the House and the Senate, the Republicans will launch counter hearings and they will indict at the state level to get around Garland. The market will continue to plummet, until everyone's 401k's are worthless and they privitize existing SS and sunset it for anyone under 60. Then they'll pull funding and Putin will be empowered to rollover Ukraine, the EU will be cut off from energy, turn on each other and disband. The UK will invade Ireland over the protocol. China will invade Taiwan. Al-Qaeda will turn India-Pakistan into a nuclear war. The Republicans will successfully impeach and convict Biden and Harris, and the USA is over, but so is the world in a simultaneous economic, nuclear, and climate catastrophe.

by Anonymousreply 311June 13, 2022 10:19 PM

[quote]I can’t imagine what a Congressional committee knows that DOJ doesn’t.

DOJ asked the committee to share interview transcripts with it and last I heard, the committee declined to do so -- probably because it was afraid factions within the DOJ would leak revelations in order to blunt the power of these hearings.

So I'd say the committee does indeed know things the DOJ doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 312June 13, 2022 10:21 PM

Little Miss Sunshine at R311.

by Anonymousreply 313June 13, 2022 10:22 PM

R295, it’s important for us to see how venal and irresponsible and stupid Jared and Ivanka really are. We knew it, but there’s nothing like actually experiencing it. Trump and everyone around him need to be permanently exiled from the rest of us. There has to be no chance of them ever coming back.

R301, Trump accomplished what he wanted to accomplish: he divided the country; he damaged or destroyed every institution he touched; he groveled to Russia; he disgraced the very idea of democracy. That’s a hard act to follow.

by Anonymousreply 314June 13, 2022 10:25 PM

That’s my understanding as well R312.

by Anonymousreply 315June 13, 2022 10:25 PM

Yeah, R311, and the sun will explode, so you might as well order that extra large pizza and eat the whole thing... or...

R309, see R308, we need a real smoking gun - like Trump asking for a group to kill Pence in an email, etc, to get the insurgency to stick. Which might be there.

Because actually- most of what he did falls under political speech freedom, and the idea that one branch censures another for political speech is anathema to our democracy, even when it's our guys.

Leaning on the electors, trying to get a new slate, and "finding votes", in my opinion, is a criminal act. But we're too tied to the Insurrection now because it's good TV.

by Anonymousreply 316June 13, 2022 10:29 PM

I don't think our Liz would be involved in this unless she had knowledge of some goood shit. She's in danger of getting primaried in a couple months, and she needs a vindication.

by Anonymousreply 317June 13, 2022 10:30 PM

So Stepien is now working for Cheney's primary opponent? Who's most probably election truther?

by Anonymousreply 318June 13, 2022 10:37 PM

R311 How long do you figure we have left? I want to plan accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 319June 13, 2022 10:42 PM

If nothing else, these hearings will cause De Santis and a slew of other Republicans to vie for the Presidential nomination. And they will all embarrass each other unmasking their weaknesses and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 320June 13, 2022 10:52 PM

Day 2 of J6 public hearings: Republican witnesses prove Donald Trump's criminal intent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 13, 2022 10:57 PM

R308 What's an orange hat?

by Anonymousreply 322June 13, 2022 10:58 PM

Neal Katyal reminded everyone of what a repugnant shit Bill Barr is because even in his resignation letter, he was kissing Trump's ass including the election fraud bullshit. What an absolute disgrace that man is. Bill Barr should never be allowed to practice law.

by Anonymousreply 323June 13, 2022 11:02 PM

The Proud Boys were wearing orange during the attack, including orange hats.

by Anonymousreply 324June 13, 2022 11:02 PM

R320, earlier on MSNBC, Katy Tur said she had gotten a text from Republican operative who said these hearings are one big political ad for DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 325June 13, 2022 11:04 PM

The plowed bois from Colorado wore orange.

by Anonymousreply 326June 13, 2022 11:06 PM

And that must kill Trump, R325 😂

by Anonymousreply 327June 13, 2022 11:06 PM

Did / does DeSantis support the election fraud claims?

by Anonymousreply 328June 13, 2022 11:10 PM

R328, no Republican with an IQ above single digits, believes there was fraud. They only believe in whatever gets them in power. The way 9/11 was used to get the Iraq War is the way they use the lies about fraud to pass bs voter suppression laws they know are based on lies.

I mean you have scumbag Republicans who won on the same ballot as a Biden vote, so why is their win not fraud? They know it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 329June 13, 2022 11:14 PM

OfSatan was in NYC this weekend speaking at an antigay conference

by Anonymousreply 330June 13, 2022 11:14 PM

I'm invested enough in the drama to keep following this story, but I'm sensing a return to the same pattern we've been stuck in since 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331June 13, 2022 11:14 PM

R329, we know that they know the election was not stolen.

I was asking if he's been on board the 'stolen electon' lies in his public statements and actions as governor.

by Anonymousreply 332June 13, 2022 11:22 PM

R322, the Orange hats were a contingent of Proud Boys from Arizona who both of Officer Edwards and Mr. Quested (sp?) mentioned in the first hearing. As far as I could follow the time-line.

1) Proud Boy leadership reconnaissance mission starting 10:30 ish

2) Orange hat Arizona Proud Boys join with them and start attack on the Capitol Police

3) Trump sends over the rabble.

4) ex-military oath keepers use cover of the rabble to start stack formation infiltration of the capital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 13, 2022 11:29 PM

You masturbated while you wrote that, didn't you R311?

by Anonymousreply 334June 13, 2022 11:29 PM

Well, R332, he did this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 13, 2022 11:32 PM

And BTW, what DeSantis did was the first of its kind. He created a "gazpacho police" force that is clearly going to target Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 336June 13, 2022 11:34 PM

R332, DeSantis and Trump have had a fraught relationship as the former has risen and the latter crashed and burned. He started as a Magat idiot, but jumped off the burning ship - especially in the last year.

Oh fucking hell- I went to get evidence for ya and found this! 😆😆😆

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 13, 2022 11:35 PM

OMG, R337! Please let it happen! I want these two sumos going at it.

by Anonymousreply 338June 13, 2022 11:38 PM

I know some of you dislike Joy Reid, but she played clips of all of the times Bill Barr treated the election fraud "bullshit" as anything but and attacked the left for calling it out. I hope that fuck's arteries are clogged.

by Anonymousreply 339June 13, 2022 11:42 PM

So, has anyone read the Trump 12 page statement?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 13, 2022 11:43 PM

R339, I saw that and also like that she mentioned how Trump screamed fraud back in 2016 when Ted Cruz beat him during the Republican primary election. This is nothing new for him.

by Anonymousreply 341June 13, 2022 11:46 PM

A lifetime grifter. It never stops, it's his MO.

by Anonymousreply 342June 13, 2022 11:49 PM

You wonder how stupid his supporters are when he ALWAYS screams "fraud," R341. He screamed about fraud in 2016 because he was still aware enough to know he wouldn't actually win. Yet he did. So why would he be allowed to win in the first place if the "elites" and "deep state" were against him?

by Anonymousreply 343June 13, 2022 11:50 PM

I think these are the world wrestling type people: I think the vast majority are not taking it all seriously until it's too late.

It seems from the testimony today that many in his inner circle weren't taking his irrationality (let's not say insanity- We don't want him dodging criminal charges) seriously enough until it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 344June 13, 2022 11:55 PM

And when stupid people are proved wrong, when their side loses, they dig in deeper.

by Anonymousreply 345June 13, 2022 11:56 PM

[quote]We're doing this Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday next week and Tuesday of the week after. They've got a couple more dates they haven't scheduled yet after those.

In other words: overkill.

by Anonymousreply 346June 13, 2022 11:59 PM

The fact that scumbag Stepnfetchit or whatever the fuck his name is (the one whose wife went into labor), is working for a Trump-backed candidate in WY against Cheney, say it all. And he claims to be the "normal" side. There is NO normal side when you ever worked for that orange ratfuck

by Anonymousreply 347June 14, 2022 12:02 AM

[quote] Bill Barr Says Trump Is ‘Responsible’ for Jan. 6 … and Also That He’d Still Vote for Him in 2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 14, 2022 12:11 AM

R347 Bill Stephanie, I believe it was.

by Anonymousreply 349June 14, 2022 12:13 AM

R347 Oops, sorry, Bill Stipend.

by Anonymousreply 350June 14, 2022 12:14 AM

This is why I hate people like Bill Barr even more than I hate Trump.

Trump is a clown and stupid, ignorant shit. Bill Barr is unethical, anti-democratic scum who knows what he is doing is wrong. The reason he would vote for him again is because he counts on slime like McConnell to do the bidding of the worst of the worst Republican ideology/dark money-types.

by Anonymousreply 351June 14, 2022 12:15 AM

Where is the Lincoln Project? IMHO, they should be launching a campaign using these clips that basically call his Trump supporters stupid and patsies.

by Anonymousreply 352June 14, 2022 12:17 AM

Did anyone else notice that Chris Stirewalt, the former Fox News politics editor, winked at someone on the committee at the end of his testimony at today’s hearing? WTF? Who was he winking at - Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger?

by Anonymousreply 353June 14, 2022 12:19 AM

CNN just showed Barr saying he would vote for Trump if he's Republican nominee

by Anonymousreply 354June 14, 2022 12:25 AM

[quote]CNN just showed Barr saying he would vote for Trump if he's Republican nominee

He's not the only one. Most of them are on the record stating that they would vote for Trump again were he the nominee. Mitch McConnell being chief among them. It's not so much about Trump. It's whatever needs to be done to gain/regain power.

by Anonymousreply 355June 14, 2022 12:28 AM

The Republican race to the bottom is bottmeless.

by Anonymousreply 356June 14, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote]no Republican with an IQ above single digits, believes there was fraud.

I believe it!

by Anonymousreply 357June 14, 2022 12:32 AM

[quote] I don't think our Liz would be involved in this unless she had knowledge of some goood shit. She's in danger of getting primaried in a couple months

Liz Cheney already has four people running against her in the primary, how many do you need to be considered "primaried in a couple of months?

by Anonymousreply 358June 14, 2022 12:32 AM

It why you prove crack is whack, Mike.

by Anonymousreply 359June 14, 2022 12:33 AM

Is there something hilariously intentional about that photo of Stepien they keep showing with audio of his testimony where he's leaning against a white wall with a rather seductive come hither look on his face?

by Anonymousreply 360June 14, 2022 12:33 AM

It's*

by Anonymousreply 361June 14, 2022 12:33 AM

Eric Hershmann is one hot sexy daddy!

by Anonymousreply 362June 14, 2022 12:40 AM

R353, the wink seemed to be for the chairman, who had just thanked him for his testimony. I assume that this guy is so show biz that he winks and smiles after every meeting.

by Anonymousreply 363June 14, 2022 12:45 AM

Chris Stirewalt is such a nerd. He was thrilled to testify and talk about his work.

by Anonymousreply 364June 14, 2022 12:49 AM

"Attorney General Merrick Garland said earlier Monday that he plans to watch all of the committee's hearings and that prosecutors handling criminal cases stemming from the insurrection are also watching. "I am watching, and I will be watching all the hearings, although I may not be able to watch all of it live," Garland said. "But I will be sure that I am watching all of it. And I can assure you that the January 6 prosecutors are watching all of the hearings as well."

by Anonymousreply 365June 14, 2022 1:03 AM

What could Garland possibly have to do that would be more important than watching the hearings live? What are his priorities?

We're sunk.

by Anonymousreply 366June 14, 2022 1:07 AM

He's the US Attorney General, he's got shit going on all the time to do.

by Anonymousreply 367June 14, 2022 1:09 AM

R372, I agree. Hershmann is sexy and has swagger.

by Anonymousreply 368June 14, 2022 1:10 AM

Very early in Trump's presidency he said at a press conference "Did you know that Lincoln was a Republican? Nobody knew that". Right there was an excellent reason to find him unfit.

by Anonymousreply 369June 14, 2022 1:19 AM

magats don't know dump is a lifelong democratic party member until the grift bid him to register as a repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 370June 14, 2022 1:33 AM

If America votes Republican again, they deserve everything they get.

I just hope it's not Trump. The Deplorables want back the only thing they ever 'won' but I want to deprive them of that, as punishment for what they did to our country. They'll get a 3rd place consolation prize in Desantis or Pompeo or Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 371June 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Why not Kinzy?

by Anonymousreply 372June 14, 2022 1:43 AM

Sexy Kinzy is persona non grata in the Repug Party.

by Anonymousreply 373June 14, 2022 1:53 AM

Dinesh D'Souza @DineshDSouza

“2000 Mules” is a bestseller at Walmart. Order your DVD here!

by Anonymousreply 374June 14, 2022 2:13 AM

Nazi Twitter caught wind of the Committee's evidence Sean Hannity floated the idea of Donald pardoning Hunter Biden in order to calm the political storm after 1/6 and they are NOT happy.

Schadenfreude can't be this delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 14, 2022 2:39 AM

Amazing that Trump collected money for his Election Defense Fund—something that didn’t even exist. He just pocketed the millions people donated

by Anonymousreply 376June 14, 2022 2:54 AM

the lucrativeness of it all swayed dump to take on this last grift. Irre$i$tible! Dump loves publicity. Being a candidate was good enough until pukes pulled the same trick they used in 2000 to get 2016 on a technicality. Once installed, dump was going to ride this bitch for all it is worth.

by Anonymousreply 377June 14, 2022 3:03 AM

I hear Aaron Schock is going to star in the 'Dawson' role in the porn adaptation of "2000 Mules"

by Anonymousreply 378June 14, 2022 3:33 AM

Anyone here remember Brad Parscales, Trump's 7 feet tall red head maniac genius campaign manager? Remember when he had his meltdown, drunk, beating on his wife and the cops were called? In Florida? Well, he was removed from the campaign and Stempien took his place. But Stempien had aleady been working on the campaign as Parscales' back up. Parscales was also allegedly out of his fucking mind on cocaine. Now. I wonder if Parscales is quietly back and helping the Cheney challenger along with Stempien, because they were a team. Although after the shit Stempien has done, by turning on Trump, the two guys may not be working together anymore.

by Anonymousreply 379June 14, 2022 4:19 AM

Didn't he take a turn on Hore Hicks?

by Anonymousreply 380June 14, 2022 4:28 AM

[quote]I hear Aaron Schock is going to star in the 'Dawson' role in the porn adaptation of "2000 Mules"

Renamed: "2000 Hung Like A Mule"

by Anonymousreply 381June 14, 2022 5:09 AM

[quote]magats don't know dump is a lifelong democratic party member until the grift bid him to register as a repugnant.

More accurately, he went back and forth between Dem and Rethug until he saw where the grift is.

by Anonymousreply 382June 14, 2022 5:20 AM

Barr has shown that he will push the limits with lies when he doesn't have to tell the truth. When lying could get him in trouble, he suddenly snaps back into the fake persona that he's professional and respectable.

Never forget how he purposely mischaracterized the Mueller report and interfered in the Michael Flynn case.

He knew he couldn't turn down the Jan 6 committee and it's under oath so he was acting like he was never with Trump's bullshit from the jump. It was controversial that he even opened an investigation into voter fraud to appease Trump at the time

He along with Giuliani, Powell, Ellis and others should be disbarred

by Anonymousreply 383June 14, 2022 5:23 AM

R382 You both are retards.

by Anonymousreply 384June 14, 2022 6:05 AM

if Stepien is working for a primary opponent of Cheney's, then it's interesting how she took the time at the end of the hearing to wish him, his wife and new baby well lol

by Anonymousreply 385June 14, 2022 6:13 AM

[quote]no Republican with an IQ above single digits, believes there was fraud.

So none of them.

by Anonymousreply 386June 14, 2022 8:21 AM

[quote]Amazing that Trump collected money for his Election Defense Fund—something that didn’t even exist. He just pocketed the millions people donated

This really surprises you? Does this surprise anyone? What do you think happened to all of the inaugural money? That's another crime that the Trumps got away with.

by Anonymousreply 387June 14, 2022 8:31 AM

Rudy the lush!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 14, 2022 9:11 AM

Liz is showing her graciousness to any Republican who cooperates. Remember she said that their investigation is still ongoing. (At first I thought the praising of Pence was over the top, but I suspect she is still hoping he will voluntarily testify.)

It’s a smart move, jump off the Trump train, claim team normal, spill what you know and all is forgiven. Or, you don’t know what we have and team not-normal could be a lonely place when the boom hits.

There’s a reason McConnell is allowing a bipartisan gun bill to go forward.

by Anonymousreply 389June 14, 2022 10:04 AM

R385 It's called class and perspective. I hate Liz Cheney but that's normal expected behavior.

by Anonymousreply 390June 14, 2022 10:27 AM

R388 I'm glad they've made a video, I've been wondering this entire time how the fuck that could possibly matter.

by Anonymousreply 391June 14, 2022 10:32 AM

Today is Trump's birthday (also Flag Day.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 14, 2022 10:54 AM

Trump released a 12 page statement last night decrying the hearings and outlining in painful detail exactly how he believes Democrats cheated in the 2020 election. The phrase "ballot mules" gets thrown around a lot, he's really into it.

He maintains that the correct electoral college result should have been Trump 305 Biden 233.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 14, 2022 11:06 AM

Here's the statement in full, if you're curious It was actually kind of hard to find. I'm assuming it must have been e-mailed out to media. Thank you New York Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 14, 2022 11:16 AM

I am only interested if he mentions huge, massive dumps.

by Anonymousreply 395June 14, 2022 11:20 AM

We’re learning two things from these hearings: Republicans will apparently stop at nothing to get power, and Democrats will apparently do nothing to stop them. Yes, let’s leave all of this to Garland’s MIA Department of Justice. I’m not surprised that Cheney is pushing back at Thompson’s statement; as a Republican she seems to understand how to actually go for the jugular. The Republic is so fucked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 14, 2022 11:29 AM

[quote]Trump released a 12 page statement last night decrying the hearings and outlining in painful detail exactly how he believes Democrats cheated in the 2020 election.

Maintaining the illusion that he continues to believe the crap he's peddling is his defense against the committee laying out the case that he was told, over and over and over again, that the scam didn't hold together. It's his attempt to get out from under a criminal intent charge.

Not that there will or would be any charges anyway.

by Anonymousreply 397June 14, 2022 11:32 AM

"Make sure you call them 'ballot mules' in the statement so it makes it sound like something Extremely. Illegal. Like drug trafficking. You know what? Call it 'ballot trafficking' too."

by Anonymousreply 398June 14, 2022 1:20 PM

R396, as chair Thompson is doing and saying exactly the right thing. Of course Trump's supporters, and others will look at this as purely political. But it would be much easier to characterize this to a "political spat" and minimize it, and do the both sides bullshit including the media, if Congress oversteps it's mission. They are reconstructing a seditious conspiracy and an insurrection, and identifying the players, the facts, etc. They will also come up with a legislative package to address tightening up laws, and procedures, etc. Ironically, the Constitution already provides the laws, but they aren't enforced. It is critical that the Committee at the very least, insist existing laws be enforced. That is about as far as they can go with the DoJ. They can't order the DoJ to do or not do anything. The Depatment of Justice must be seen to conduct an independent investigation that is not partisan. Because there will be court cases and challenges filed and the last thing we need is for SCOTUS to fuck up ...and this court very well might.

by Anonymousreply 399June 14, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote] Trump released a 12 page statement

I am not going to waste one second of my time reading that drivel but I assume at some point he asks his supporters and directs them to donate.

by Anonymousreply 400June 14, 2022 1:36 PM

But, wait, THERE'S MORE!

by Anonymousreply 401June 14, 2022 1:51 PM

Every legal expert is celebrating Trump's 12 page statement...as evidence. LOL! Keep talking you loony Son of a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 402June 14, 2022 1:53 PM

I'm surprised that CNN isn't more focused on the hearings today (Tuesday).

by Anonymousreply 403June 14, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote]We’re learning two things from these hearings: Republicans will apparently stop at nothing to get power

Republic be damned.

[quote]and Democrats will apparently do nothing to stop them.

I’m still not clear on what they honestly could do?

by Anonymousreply 404June 14, 2022 2:07 PM

Tomorrow's hearing has been postponed, according to Zoe Lofgren, due to "technical issues."

by Anonymousreply 405June 14, 2022 2:18 PM

"Technical issues" = Roe's getting overturned tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 406June 14, 2022 2:19 PM

Technical izzues......hahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 407June 14, 2022 2:27 PM

R406, I was wondering about that- what happens when that decision comes down during all of this.

by Anonymousreply 408June 14, 2022 2:36 PM

How could they not be ready for the hearing tomorrow? It looks so disorganized to cancel it. These hearings should have been on consecutive days. The more spread out they are, the less likely people will continue to watch. They’ll just rely on media to summarize and present the best clips.

by Anonymousreply 409June 14, 2022 3:01 PM

R404 passing a new Voting Rights Act and some other laws to make it harder for Republicans to steal or overturn future elections would be a good start, but they can’t be bothered to do that in the worthless Senate.

by Anonymousreply 410June 14, 2022 3:01 PM

Rudy W. Giuliani @RudyGiuliani: I am disgusted and outraged at the out right lie by Jason Miller and Bill Steppien. I was upset that they were not prepared for the massive cheating (as well as other lawyers around the President) I REFUSED all alcohol that evening. My favorite drink..Diet Pepsi

by Anonymousreply 411June 14, 2022 3:58 PM

[quote]"Technical issues" = Roe's getting overturned tomorrow.

Where did that info come from - not disagreeing, just wondered

by Anonymousreply 412June 14, 2022 4:04 PM

I would imagine that Bill Stepien cancelling at the last minute forced them to work on getting his recorded testimony, taking them away from getting Wednesday's presentation ready but it is fun wondering about something more Earth shattering.

Maybe Trump or McCarthy has taken them up on their offer for either of them to testify, lol.

by Anonymousreply 413June 14, 2022 4:07 PM

.Diet Pepsi? R411 but Trump drinks Diet Coke, Giuliani is clearly lying.

by Anonymousreply 414June 14, 2022 4:09 PM

Dinesh D'Souza @DineshDSouza: The #January6th hearings aren’t a trial. There is no “other side.” This is a show trial in the Stalin mode. Guilty until proven innocent. No wonder the Left loves it! It’s a symbol of the tyrannical one party state they are trying to install in this country

by Anonymousreply 415June 14, 2022 4:13 PM

Why quote that shithead.

by Anonymousreply 416June 14, 2022 4:14 PM

Of course, D'Souza ignores the fact that the GQP wouldn't agree to a non-partisan, 9/11-type commission.

by Anonymousreply 417June 14, 2022 4:18 PM

Other theory is they have new testimony that could be...useful.

by Anonymousreply 418June 14, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]Other theory is they have new testimony that could be...useful.

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 14, 2022 4:24 PM

R401 Actual section header from the 12 page statement. 🤣 I'm dying reading this.

by Anonymousreply 420June 14, 2022 4:25 PM

R415 Not to overstate it, but quoting D'Souza about the hearings would be like quoting Goebbel's about the Nuremburg trials (had he not toyed with the cyanide). Or said more productively: what "other side" was part of the Watergate hearings? MAGAites haven't a good handle on how history will judge them.

(...your dishonor will last forever).

by Anonymousreply 421June 14, 2022 4:25 PM

R405 Technical issues= we realized this is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 422June 14, 2022 4:27 PM

Geraldo Rivera@GeraldoRivera: Two-time Former Attorney General Bill Barr is the most honest man in Washington. Between him and Rep Liz Cheney, two long-time, loyal Republicans, you’re getting the real deal. If you still believe the election was stolen, that’s on you.

Geraldo Rivera@GeraldoRivera: Seeking to prosecute Former President Trump in connection with his campaign to undermine the 2020 elections is a dead-end. It might feel good, but it will be impossible to prove his intent to incite (criminally). It will undoubtedly exacerbate divisions and “incite” hostility.

by Anonymousreply 423June 14, 2022 4:29 PM

R413 Optics. These hearings aren't polling well. Not a good idea to put them out at Primetime on a Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 424June 14, 2022 4:29 PM

Let's let Republicans get away with violently overthrowing the government.

by Anonymousreply 425June 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Let's fuck children.

by Anonymousreply 426June 14, 2022 4:32 PM

[quote]These hearings aren't polling well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427June 14, 2022 4:33 PM

Well excuse me! Proceed along with your very important and meaningful hearings that the voters LOVE.

by Anonymousreply 428June 14, 2022 4:35 PM

Years ago, some White person must have called D'Souza a nigger and the bitch lost his tiny little mind, never to recover.

I once glared at him on 57th Street, and laughed as he scampered across the street in fear. Tough guy!

by Anonymousreply 429June 14, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote]It’s a smart move, jump off the Trump train, claim team normal, spill what you know and all is forgiven.

Ya know... this might be the hook. Grassroots, the Lincoln Project, or some group/one (because it sure won't be the wimpy Democrats) should start a campaign that start defining people as part of Team Normal (America) and Team Batshit crazy (Guiliani). Then ask the question: What Team were/are you on? IMHO, you have to push the stupidity factor. There's enough filmed footage out there of the crazies to construct a campaign that would effectively snuff them out!

by Anonymousreply 430June 14, 2022 4:46 PM

Is the Lincoln Project still a going concern?

by Anonymousreply 431June 14, 2022 4:54 PM

I must say I’m kind of shocked about Geraldo supporting Liz Cheney. He’s wrong about Bill though.

by Anonymousreply 432June 14, 2022 5:22 PM

Exactly, R387. The only thing surprising is that anyone is surprised. The Trump family are basically carnies in better clothing. There is not a single thing they won't do if there is no money to be made. I mean my God, they've stolen from every charity they set up. He used money from one of them to buy a self-portrait at auction!

Michael Cohen:

“Mr. Trump directed me to find a straw bidder to purchase a portrait of him that was being auctioned at an Art Hamptons Event,” Cohen plans to say. “The objective was to ensure that his portrait, which was going to be auctioned last, would go for the highest price of any portrait that afternoon.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 14, 2022 5:29 PM

[QUOTE] These hearings aren't polling well. Not a good idea to put them out at Primetime on a Thursday.

Link?

Don’t worry, we know you don’t have one.

by Anonymousreply 434June 14, 2022 5:33 PM

Why am I not surprised I already had the person quoted @R434 on ignore?

by Anonymousreply 435June 14, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote]Trump Responds To Jan. 6 Hearings, Calls US 'Failing Nation'

There's some irony for you.

by Anonymousreply 436June 14, 2022 5:42 PM

R434 It was a inference. I could have been painfully literal and said "they wouldn't act like this unless these hearings weren't polling well. Since they're acting like this, the hearings must not be polling well." That's not how normal people conversate, however.

by Anonymousreply 437June 14, 2022 5:48 PM

[quote]That's not how normal people conversate, however.

Normal people converse.

by Anonymousreply 438June 14, 2022 5:55 PM

Bill Barr's Testimony Was Important, Says January 6 Committee Member

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 14, 2022 5:59 PM

I miss Michael Cohen!

by Anonymousreply 440June 14, 2022 6:00 PM

OP = r437

by Anonymousreply 441June 14, 2022 6:02 PM

R441 That's right, bitch. Keep lying and say you have me blocked.

R438 It's a bit of the ol' back and forth, talking-ways.

by Anonymousreply 442June 14, 2022 6:04 PM

I don't have you blocked, r442. When did I ever say I did?

by Anonymousreply 443June 14, 2022 6:07 PM

Kinzinger was supposed to lead Wednesday's hearing... Is his wife having an in vitro baby?

by Anonymousreply 444June 14, 2022 6:14 PM

R443 Oh shit, sorry. I thought you were that same troll that was squealing about me being a saboteur.

Anyways, back to the thread topic.... 😬

by Anonymousreply 445June 14, 2022 6:17 PM

Conflicting accounts of the cancellation are bad optics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 14, 2022 6:21 PM

So who canceled it? Doesn't sound like Lofgren did.

by Anonymousreply 447June 14, 2022 6:23 PM

Even the fact that they are referring to them as cancelled instead of what they actually are, which is postponed, tells you all you need to know about the spin machine.

by Anonymousreply 448June 14, 2022 6:23 PM

No problem, r445/OP. I still think you're an attention-seeking fool with posts like this:

[quote]The DOJ would be the ones filing charges for sedition, yes? Congress is apparently just debating over writing a stern letter to the DOJ, unless I've misread.

[quote]There doesn't seem to be a very clear answer as to what concrete action these hearings are supposed to result in.

by Anonymousreply 449June 14, 2022 6:25 PM

R449 You mean insightful comments on the proceedings that were not made about myself? God, get a load of me I'm so smart 🤓

You could explain why those takes are wrong, if you want...

by Anonymousreply 450June 14, 2022 6:30 PM

[quote] It will undoubtedly exacerbate divisions and “incite” hostility

Um, Geraldo, what would an insurrection do?

by Anonymousreply 451June 14, 2022 7:46 PM

Bill Barr pushed the whole stolen election crap and even set up an "investigation" while he privately told the 1/6 prosecutors that he knew there was no fraud.

Barr's the fraud!

by Anonymousreply 452June 14, 2022 7:48 PM

It's clear lots of us have the troll OP blocked.

Use Ignore-dar to see his contradictory and trollish history.

by Anonymousreply 453June 14, 2022 7:54 PM

Zachary Petrizzo @ZTPetrizzo: Rudy Giuliani has deleted his tweets denying Jason Miller’s claim that he was drunk on election night.

Zachary Petrizzo @ZTPetrizzo: “I REFUSED all alcohol that evening,” he wrote in one deleted tweet, before blocking many Twitter users who mocked him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454June 14, 2022 8:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 14, 2022 8:42 PM

[quote] I once glared at [D'Souza] on 57th Street.

Haha. My 15-year old self glared at Jimmy Hoffa at the Detroit airport (his wife & my family were on the same flight to Miami).

by Anonymousreply 456June 14, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote] It's clear lots of us have the troll OP blocked.

How does that work when the blocked poster is the OP? I would think that those blocking him wouldn't be able to see any of his posts. but that clearly doesn't seem to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 457June 14, 2022 8:52 PM

I'm sure Kinzinger will give Cheney a run for her money when it's his turn to speak. He will throw down.

by Anonymousreply 458June 14, 2022 8:58 PM

What's your point, bitch R456?

If you're going to quote an earlier comment, at least present the sentence in its entirety and not subject to your childish editing/misinterpretation.

by Anonymousreply 459June 14, 2022 9:04 PM

[quote] I want these two sumos going at it.

My two choices for the sumo ring: Barr and Christie.

by Anonymousreply 460June 14, 2022 9:04 PM

On the one hand, the confusion & contradictions among the committee members is not a good look, but on the other hand, it keeps the buzz on cable news going. More about the hearings and less about inflation & the stock market.

by Anonymousreply 461June 14, 2022 9:29 PM

The media shouldn't be allowed to let morons talk about gas and inflation if they don't immediately mention every fucking Republican voted AGAINST efforts to help Americans.

Democrats suck at messaging. Just suck. And fuck the media for just allowing the Republicans to go unmentioned in how they put up the roadblocks.

by Anonymousreply 462June 14, 2022 9:34 PM

[quote]The media shouldn't be allowed to let morons talk about gas and inflation if they don't immediately mention every fucking Republican voted AGAINST efforts to help Americans.

But, where are the Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 463June 14, 2022 9:44 PM

I wish I knew how it worked. I guess it's some sort of algorithm (using terms I have no idea what I'm talking about) but just very recently (about this afternoon time, Eastern) my YouTube feed is being FLOODED with conservative/right-wing/Republican videos attacking the J6 Committee. An example below;

-Democrats ADMIT J6 Committee Is a FRAUD and Won’t INDICT Trump!!! 25,261 views Jun 14, 2022

by Anonymousreply 464June 14, 2022 9:58 PM

Monday's ratings are less than half of what they were for the first airing.

And today, 538 has Biden's approval at its lowest point so far.

It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out with the public for the upcoming hearings.

by Anonymousreply 465June 14, 2022 10:19 PM

Eh most people work during the day on a Monday and have to stream later.

by Anonymousreply 466June 14, 2022 10:22 PM

Susan's here, posting as R465 with her mock concern.🙄

P.S. Thanks, ElderLez R466.

by Anonymousreply 467June 14, 2022 10:27 PM

R467 = idiot.

by Anonymousreply 468June 14, 2022 10:29 PM

Anyone who watches MSNBC or CNN for even an hour in the evening knows there will be endless replay of all the hearing highlights. No need to miss work on a weekday morning.

by Anonymousreply 469June 14, 2022 10:32 PM

the ratings for yesterday's hearings are terrible because they fucking aired it during the morning. Did the non-cable networks interrupt their programing for the hearings or no?

There's such a difference when it's primetime hearings. I hope next week they go back to that though it's doubtful. Putting them on in the morning or afternoon isn't going to be as effective especially if the non-cable news networks don't devote special coverage to them in the evening. Most people aren't going to tune into CNN and MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 470June 14, 2022 10:39 PM

R462 the Democrats are moronic and weak when it comes to messaging. They need to stop this "unity" bullshit and go to war against the repubs since the repubs refuse to unify with them for just about anything. Stop giving them any deference or the benefit of the doubt. Call those pieces of shit out at every turn when they lie or do something against the public's interest. I don't know why Democrats refuse to go hardcore on their asses

by Anonymousreply 471June 14, 2022 10:41 PM

Isn't the final hearing on during prime time again?

by Anonymousreply 472June 14, 2022 10:43 PM

R464, I watch mostly friggin animal videos, DIY, health advice and recipes or historical videos All of the shit recommendations I get are right-wing parasites "destroying" this or that. Ben Shapiro crap, Tucker, Jordan Peterson. I have NEVER watched these shits and yet it's recommended for me every time I go on YT.

by Anonymousreply 473June 14, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote]There's such a difference when it's primetime hearings. I hope next week they go back to that though it's doubtful.

The next 2 hearings are scheduled for the daytime.

by Anonymousreply 474June 14, 2022 10:50 PM

there's no reason why CBS, ABC and NBC can't do primetime recaps for 1 hour at the very least. The fucking NBA game starts at 9 PM so cut off the pre-show at 8 with a hearings recap!

I was reading that during the Watergate Hearings it aired live in the day and then the networks devoted the evenings to it again. No excuse why that can't be done this time too.

This is the most criminal unpatriotic thing a so-called "president' has ever done and it needs to be firmly planted in the minds of all Americans that it should never happen again

by Anonymousreply 475June 14, 2022 10:54 PM

Thanks, R473. I've known (felt) for quite sometime that the Right-Wing does "something" to own the internet. I mean... no name people have hundreds of thousands of followers and over 1MM views, etc. Believe it or not, but IMHO this type of proactive pushing does have an affect. It just helps further brainwash people...

by Anonymousreply 476June 14, 2022 10:57 PM

I do hope this delay ends up with all of the hearings moved to prime time.

And I hope the committee is currently overwhelmed with people offering to testify to get out in front of this.

by Anonymousreply 477June 14, 2022 11:03 PM

R461, it's a reality show. It's like judges arguing on

America's Got Treason!

Wait... THERE'S MORE!!

by Anonymousreply 478June 14, 2022 11:30 PM

Rumor has it Roe v Wade is being overturned tomorrow 6/15 and the 1/6 committee doesn’t want to compete for the publics attention.

by Anonymousreply 479June 15, 2022 2:01 AM

OK that would make sense

I support abortion but I think at this point the Supreme Court overturning it might be the only thing that could really help Democrats in the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 480June 15, 2022 2:08 AM

What difference does it make when they announce it? It's a done deal, from what we've heard. It's disgusting and regressive and now, apparently, inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 481June 15, 2022 2:22 AM

This morning's summary of the hearings to date from the AP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482June 15, 2022 11:28 AM

Can someone who knows please explain what a "criminal referral" entails?

Is there some legal framework around that, or are they just writing a stern letter?

by Anonymousreply 483June 15, 2022 11:31 AM

The Jan. 6 select committee is in possession of documentary footage showing a man who took part in a Jan. 5 tour of the Capitol complex with Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-Ga.) outside the Capitol the following day, yelling threats at members of Congress – including Speaker Nancy Pelosi – as the insurrection raged.

Loudermilk initially denied that he gave any tours on Jan. 5, to the point of filing ethics charges against the Democratic rep who claimed otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 15, 2022 1:25 PM

Okay... here's my question; Who decided/decides what film footage is released to the public? All of this footage has been in the hands of the appropriate authorities (assumption) for over a year now. Who decided what could/could not be released and what are the possible reasons for doing so? It almost seems as if when the Republicans lie (almost as if it is anticipated) someone says; "But, aha! Let's go to the video tape!"

by Anonymousreply 485June 15, 2022 1:34 PM

R484, how pathetic: "I'll lie, and keep on lying, until I'm caught. Then I'll bluster and claim that I'm the real victim."

by Anonymousreply 486June 15, 2022 1:56 PM

"When pressed on the matter and whether the committee had ruled out the possibility of referring criminal charges, particularly for former President Donald Trump, Thompson replied: 'We don’t have authority."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 15, 2022 2:22 PM

So a criminal referral is a specific thing, but it is a specific thing that the committee is not doing?

What the committee is doing is issuing a recommendation, which is... a sternly worded letter?

The AP article from this morning R482 and the NBC News article from yesterday R487 are contradicting each other. I'll assume NBC is closer to correct since they have direct quotes from the committee chair.

by Anonymousreply 488June 15, 2022 2:26 PM

It is a specific thing that the committee cannot do. Referrals for criminal contempt of Congress is one thing. A specific referral for criminal prosecutions is another.

But as I have believed, the DoJ is waiting for Congress to complete their investigation before its indictments are announced. It will be a short time for a Federal Grand Jury to come down with them if they haven't been doing them all along.

by Anonymousreply 489June 15, 2022 2:46 PM

Shouldn't they be able to bar him from politics? I know that was the point of the impeachment, but there has to be AT LEAST a code of conduct for entrance into the houses of government that he is now denied... something archaic on the books?

by Anonymousreply 490June 15, 2022 3:19 PM

R490 You can censure a sitting member, I don't think there's a way for the body of Congress to deny entry to a member who has been duly elected.

We have express, explicit permission written into our constitution that we are allowed to be loudmouth assholes without legal repercussion.

by Anonymousreply 491June 15, 2022 3:34 PM

Not censure- something like with Henry Clay slapping people where you can't threaten another member of government...

by Anonymousreply 492June 15, 2022 3:45 PM

Seditious conspiracy disqualifies a person from public office according to the 14th amendment to the constitution

I am linking again since some of you bitches clearly did not read it the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493June 15, 2022 4:17 PM

There are HOURS of footage of crimes being committed, Trump, Loudermilk, Republican after Republicans...is ANYONE actually going to be held accountable? Jesus Fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 494June 15, 2022 4:24 PM

The Committee has not given its evidence (hours of testimony) to DOJ. I assume any referral would include all that evidence

by Anonymousreply 495June 15, 2022 4:24 PM

They should've played loudermilk followed by that terrorist with the flag, the first night of the hearings

His district should've seen what he did when millions were watching

by Anonymousreply 496June 15, 2022 4:33 PM

R493 And all of these "traditional" guardrails protecting the functioning of our democracy are no longer assured. The number of federal judges appointed by Trump, the Supreme Court, the state and local elected officials (overseeing elections and interpretations of "settled law" - Attorneys General, Secretaries of State) are ready to ignore and remove what we assume are inviolable protections.

I've thought folks don't really understand the threat to our Republic, but recent polls present an American public who doubt that the US democracy will survive. Of course Republicans think it's "the socialists" fault... which gives them a right to control and overcome elections. You listen to these folk, and they are completely in the wool. Not to resurrect an unfortunate analogy, but this is Germany in the 30s - "we must get rid of democracy because the Socialists will win elections and get rid of democracy."

It doesn't bode well for those who do believe in the Constitution and the rule of law. We're screwed.

by Anonymousreply 497June 15, 2022 4:34 PM

R429/459, we both “glared” at evil people. Nothing more needs to be said.

by Anonymousreply 498June 15, 2022 4:56 PM

Thank you for explaining R489. So Congress can press charges for obstructing their investigation and refusing to comply with subpoenas. Here's an explanation of contempt of Congress for anyone who didn't know what that was either:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499June 15, 2022 5:03 PM

R493 How are you expecting these hearings to relate to possible sedition charges being filed by the Department of Justice? From what I can tell Congress has no ability to compel the DOJ to do anything or influence their investigations.

Is any evidence actually being given to the DOJ? By what means?

by Anonymousreply 500June 15, 2022 5:05 PM

Who is this Loudermilk clown?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 15, 2022 5:14 PM

Select committee releases new details of Loudermilk's tour, showing actual evidence of the guests photographing tunnels/hallways and other details of the complex that the committee says are not typically of interest to tours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502June 15, 2022 5:15 PM

Rep. Barry Loudermilk @RepLoudermilk: [1/5] The Capitol Police already put this false accusation to bed, yet the Committee is undermining the Capitol Police and doubling down on their smear campaign, releasing so-called evidence of a tour of the House Office Buildings, which I have already publicly addressed.

[2/5] As Capitol Police confirmed, nothing about this visit with constituents was suspicious. The pictures show children holding bags from the House gift shop, which was open to visitors, and taking pictures of the Rayburn train.

[3/5] This false narrative that the Committee and Democrats continue to push, that Republicans, including myself, led reconnaissance tours is verifiably false. No where that I went with the visitors in the House Office Buildings on January 5th were breached on January 6th;

[4/5] and, to my knowledge, no one in that group was criminally charged in relation to January 6th. Once again, the Committee released this letter to the press, and did not contact me.

[5/5] This type of behavior is irresponsible and has real consequences -- including ongoing death threats to myself, my family, and my staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 15, 2022 5:29 PM

Also Rep. Barry Loudermilk: "I didn't give any tours on January 5."

by Anonymousreply 504June 15, 2022 5:33 PM

IN PLAIN SIGHT. R504... all sides know what was going on, planning an attack on the Congress, and it doesn't matter now.

It's all pretty discouraging. Even 7-8 years ago there would be folks accused of crimes and trials in progress by now. In 2022? MAGA sees all this and sees Trump & Co. just trying to grab an election, overthrow the constitution.. and the response, yeah, so what? Of course.

It's power and winning and "owning" the other Tribe. The systems are broken.. and the progressive Left just wants to work on inclusive language and relief of student debt as our Democracy crumbles.

by Anonymousreply 505June 15, 2022 5:37 PM

Lauren Boebert @laurenboebert :Dear men, you will never be woman enough to be a female. 1:02 PM · Jun 15, 2022·Twitter Web App

by Anonymousreply 506June 15, 2022 5:38 PM

Tish James plans to investigate Trump's Big Ripoff.

by Anonymousreply 507June 15, 2022 5:39 PM

Sorry, here's the proper link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 15, 2022 5:39 PM

R507, wasn't this already known? Why did Tish wait?

by Anonymousreply 509June 15, 2022 5:46 PM

R509, the Committee probably turned up specific facts that she did not have before.

by Anonymousreply 510June 15, 2022 5:56 PM

Thanks, R508.

"Happy Belated Birthday, donald; we hope AG James' gift arrived on time."

by Anonymousreply 511June 15, 2022 6:18 PM

Repugs always lie. It’s all they have.

by Anonymousreply 512June 15, 2022 6:43 PM

and cheat R512. For all they scream about election tampering, they are always the ones getting caught cheating at the ballots.

by Anonymousreply 513June 15, 2022 6:47 PM

So... nothing matters anymore. Great. Crime is now legal.

by Anonymousreply 514June 15, 2022 6:55 PM

You'd think they'd commit more interesting crimes.

by Anonymousreply 515June 15, 2022 7:03 PM

They do, of course.

by Anonymousreply 516June 15, 2022 7:13 PM

And Trump can be impeached a THIRD time if the votes in the senate are there.

by Anonymousreply 517June 15, 2022 7:19 PM

How do you impeach someone who isn't in office?

I think throwing impeachments at the wall is really watering down the importance of impeachment as a concept. Especially since it apparently has no concrete effect on the real world.

by Anonymousreply 518June 15, 2022 7:22 PM

Barry Loudermilk is ... THE USHER!

by Anonymousreply 519June 15, 2022 7:23 PM

What ethnic group could the name Loudermilk have come out of?

by Anonymousreply 520June 15, 2022 7:28 PM

Was Loudermilk on the Congressional Q anon member bingo card? I don’t recall his name and it’s memorable.

by Anonymousreply 521June 15, 2022 7:29 PM

It's quite the name.

by Anonymousreply 522June 15, 2022 7:37 PM

100 years ago Loudermilk would have been executed as a traitor

by Anonymousreply 523June 15, 2022 8:45 PM

FYI... You can make over a half million dollars a year on YouTube? I don't subscribe to this guy but he has A LOT of content! I listen to some of it every now and then. I ahd no idea that this type of money could be made on YouTube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 15, 2022 8:56 PM

Mmph...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 15, 2022 9:07 PM

1) R500 Liz Cheney already told us that the committee will be handing over their evidence to the DOJ over the course of the hearings. We know that the House committee didn’t previously turn over everything it knew to the DOJ because she told us that in the first hearing. We know the things that will be handed over include pardon requests and encrypted messages, also because she told us that also. I and others suspect that the hand over didn’t occur earlier because the DOJ is still riddled with Trump plants.

2) Multiple members of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys have already been indicted by the DOJ for seditious conspiracy. Some have pled guilty and are cooperating with DOJ now as I type.

3) if the things the committee hands over to DOJ directly tie members of Congress or the administration to actions that have already resulted in seditious conspiracy charges well then the DOJ will have cover to charge them.

4) the DOJ doesn’t need a formal referral to charge.

5) conviction on seditious conspiracy (anyone) or conviction on an impeachment (Trump) ban a person from public office as per a strict reading of the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 526June 15, 2022 10:13 PM

r526 - Thank you, ElderLez. However, I think you'll still have to tell them then.

by Anonymousreply 527June 15, 2022 10:20 PM

The idea that prosecutions of an ex-Pres & sitting Congressmen will be seen as purely political and result in tit for tat retaliation is absurd when so much concrete evidence is being presented. Under these circumstances, anyone of either party should be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 528June 15, 2022 10:24 PM

Loudermilk's excuse is the stuff of fantasy

by Anonymousreply 529June 15, 2022 10:24 PM

The Mueller Report said that a sitting President could not be indicted, but he could be when he was out of office. Now it seems that may not be true either.

by Anonymousreply 530June 15, 2022 10:25 PM

WaPo: The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol has obtained email correspondence between Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, and lawyer John Eastman.

The emails show that Thomas’s efforts to overturn the election were more extensive than previously known.

The committee’s members and staffers are now discussing whether to spend time during their public hearings exploring Ginni Thomas’s role in the attempt to overturn the outcome of the 2020 election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531June 16, 2022 12:15 AM

FUCK the American Voting System! And a big FUCK YOU to raped 12 year old girls!

by Anonymousreply 532June 16, 2022 12:22 AM

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol has obtained email correspondence between Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, and lawyer John Eastman, who played a key role in efforts to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to block the certification of Joe Biden’s victory, according to three people involved in the committee’s investigation.

The emails show that Thomas’s efforts to overturn the election were more extensive than previously known, two of the people said. The three declined to provide details and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

The committee’s members and staffers are now discussing whether to spend time during their public hearings exploring Ginni Thomas’s role in the attempt to overturn the outcome of the 2020 election, the three people said. The Post previously reported that the committee had not sought an interview with Thomas and was leaning against pursuing her cooperation with its investigation.

The two people said the emails were among documents obtained by the committee and reviewed recently. Last week, a federal judge ordered Eastman to turn more than a hundred documents over to the committee. Eastman had tried to block the release of those and other documents by arguing that they were privileged communications and therefore should be protected.

by Anonymousreply 533June 16, 2022 12:22 AM

It is INSANE to ignore the role Ginni Thomas played and pretending Clarence knew nothing. Insane. He needs to literally be kicked down the stairs of the court and his wife kicked out of the country.

by Anonymousreply 534June 16, 2022 12:27 AM

The Thomas's are one of the most powerful Republican couples in Washington. How's that grotesquerie for ya?

by Anonymousreply 535June 16, 2022 12:40 AM

Believe me, I know, R535. It's why Liz Cheney herself shows how even she isn't completely ethical because those two scumbags are buddies with her shit family. Shame on her for thinking you get to ignore that Ginni Thomas and her husband are anti-democratic scum.

It's ridiculous to just ignore that he was literally the only dissenting voice on a fucking case involving 1/6. And it isn't the only case that came before him where she did make $ as an "adviser." This is third world shit.

by Anonymousreply 536June 16, 2022 12:46 AM

It's obvious that so many pro-Trimp people were doing nefarious and illegal shit because they thought Turd would win and none of this would ever be uncovered. Or if it was he'd pardon them. He really empowered criminals.

by Anonymousreply 537June 16, 2022 12:49 AM

I think those emails were just discovered. R536 - where did you hear Liz Cheney ignored this latest find?

by Anonymousreply 538June 16, 2022 1:42 AM

The Committee needs to implicate the whole bunch of them.

by Anonymousreply 539June 16, 2022 2:02 AM

CNN said tonight that Cheney is the one pressing to make referrals. Others on the committee are resistant to the idea.

by Anonymousreply 540June 16, 2022 2:07 AM

Cheney and DL's boyfriend are the only ones with balls on that committee. Dems are such pussies.

by Anonymousreply 541June 16, 2022 4:47 AM

[quote]The idea that prosecutions of an ex-Pres & sitting Congressmen will be seen as purely political and result in tit for tat retaliation is absurd when so much concrete evidence is being presented. Under these circumstances, anyone of either party should be prosecuted.

Also, the idea that we can't indict these criminals because the Repugs will just turn around and start indicting Democrats once they are in charge ignores the fact that the fucking Repugs will do that anyway, proof be damned. Just like the filibuster. If we don't do it, they will.

by Anonymousreply 542June 16, 2022 7:50 AM

Rudy W. Giuliani @RudyGiuliani

IS THIS LOGICAL?

JAN. 6 COMMITTEE MEMBERS LIED ABOUT RUSSIAN COLLUSION.

PRESIDENT TRUMP AND I TOLD THE TRUTH, ALTHOUGH THE MEDIA REJECTED US.

THE SAME COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE NOW LYING ABOUT THE REALITY OF A STOLEN ELECTION.

PRESIDENT TRUMP AND I ARE TELLING THE TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 543June 16, 2022 8:48 AM

THE CAPS OF TRUTH!

by Anonymousreply 544June 16, 2022 8:52 AM

R526 Thank you for explaining.

I'm still confused as to how these hearings are intended to contribute to or force DOJ prosecutions for sedition. The belief that they are related in some way seems to hinge on spurious claims being made by Liz Cheney as to what the committee is capable of doing. She has already been publicly contradicted by Thompson (the chairman) about criminal referrals she promised.

I would not pin my high hopes for anything on Dick Cheney's daughter.

I wish someone would publish a clear description of the process by which evidence collected by the committee is transferred to the DOJ, how that evidence is treated, and how it is acted on.

by Anonymousreply 545June 16, 2022 10:29 AM

[quote]THE CAPS OF TRUTH!

THE CAPS OF GIN!

by Anonymousreply 546June 16, 2022 10:59 AM

Cheney and Thompson aren’t disagreeing about what the committee is capable of doing, they are disagreeing about what the committee ought to do. And their disagreement makes sense. Thompson as a Democrat wants to avoid being seen as partisan. Since Cheney is a Republican, she doesn’t have that concern.

Did you watch The Jinx? A referral really isn’t needed after you put someone’s guilt on TV.

by Anonymousreply 547June 16, 2022 11:08 AM

A "criminal referral" from the committee to the DOJ would really just be optics -- but it would put more pressure on Merrick Garland. Making it official would also keep the Reps from claiming that the investigation found nothing, as they did with the Mueller report. Mueller found plenty of evidence of wrongdoing but because he didn't charge anyone with a crime, so the Reps just dismiss it.

by Anonymousreply 548June 16, 2022 11:13 AM

It is hard to imagine that all this evidence of corruption and criminality could be laid out so clearly and those involved would not suffer legal consequences. That would really be demoralizing.

by Anonymousreply 549June 16, 2022 11:15 AM

[quote]It is hard to imagine that all this evidence of corruption and criminality could be laid out so clearly and those involved would not suffer legal consequences. That would really be demoralizing.

Completely agree; it's already demoralizing that someone like Big Ginni is beyond reach while Clarence actively dismantles freedoms

by Anonymousreply 550June 16, 2022 11:22 AM

If they do criminal referrals, where do they stop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551June 16, 2022 11:27 AM

Is there a Part 3 thread? This one is very slow.

by Anonymousreply 552June 16, 2022 11:33 AM

I believe I have found common ground!

The treasonous, white supremacists, people said that they wanted Chuck Schumer.

I can agree to that. Turn him over!

by Anonymousreply 553June 16, 2022 11:47 AM

R552 Part 3 is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554June 16, 2022 12:20 PM

Thank you R554

by Anonymousreply 555June 16, 2022 12:27 PM

R547 Thompson said in R487 that the committee is not capable of making criminal referrals for the events they are investigating.

I had never heard of The Jinx, so I'll drop a link in case anybody else hasn't either:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 16, 2022 12:29 PM

R548 I think you're right.

They're just collecting as much evidence as they can to show off in public so they can embarrass Garland into pressing charges.

They don't appear to have any actual authority of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 557June 16, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote] But IMO the turning point in the Wategate hearings came from Alexander Butterfield.

True enough about the hearings, but (republican) Judge John Sirica is most responsible for breaking the case.

by Anonymousreply 558June 16, 2022 1:24 PM

Ghouliani likes any kind of attention. His wife said he was sitting in dark rooms feeling sorry for himself til Trump summoned him out of obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 559June 16, 2022 2:28 PM

I pity the dark rooms

by Anonymousreply 560June 16, 2022 2:31 PM

Not sure if anyone is watching the Watergate series on CNN but it’s damned interesting! I’m in my 50s and I didn’t know many of the fine details of what went down.

by Anonymousreply 561June 16, 2022 2:33 PM

After the last 1/6 HUAC heating, it would be good for Garland to name Sally Yates as Special Prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 562June 16, 2022 2:35 PM

Absolutely disgusting that trying to hold people responsible for what we saw on 1/6, is considered partisan when that cunt McCarthy himself knew what Trump and his cronies did was criminal.

by Anonymousreply 563June 16, 2022 2:41 PM

The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack plans to seek testimony from conservative activist Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, the panel’s chair said Thursday.

SPOILER ALERT: Ms. Thomas will decline the invitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564June 16, 2022 4:39 PM

She also declined a brassiere.

by Anonymousreply 565June 16, 2022 4:43 PM

People who refer to this as HUAC are fucking idiots who don't understand what HUAC was.

by Anonymousreply 566June 16, 2022 4:43 PM

As people have pointed out on Twitter, the fact that John Roberts is more concerned over a leak of a decision rather than corruption behind decisions themselves and that one of the justice's spouses played a prominent role in trying to overthrow the US govt, is precisely why he as CJ will have ended the credibility of the court.

by Anonymousreply 567June 16, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote]Mueller found plenty of evidence of wrongdoing but because he didn't charge anyone with a crime, so the Reps just dismiss it.

Of course the Repugs did exactly the opposite when he didn't charge Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 568June 16, 2022 5:08 PM

^^ Meant to be about Comey.

by Anonymousreply 569June 16, 2022 5:09 PM

Joseph McCarthy Republican Party

Richard Nixon Republican Party

Donald Trump Republican Party

Clearly Republicans are a danger to our country.

by Anonymousreply 570June 16, 2022 5:20 PM

Lots.......................of......................pregnant.....................pauses.................. from Lutter................

Is he going to faint?

by Anonymousreply 571June 16, 2022 5:27 PM

Luttig needs a teleprompter

by Anonymousreply 572June 16, 2022 5:27 PM

But what he is saying is crucial.

by Anonymousreply 573June 16, 2022 5:28 PM

Good grief, Judge Luttig is practically incoherent. He pauses so long after every second or third word, that by the time he reaches the end of a thought, it's become incomprehensible. Couldn't they find someone who could articulate these same points with a bit of verve and coherence?

by Anonymousreply 574June 16, 2022 5:28 PM

He's choosing his words carefully. He knows everything he says will be under a microscope.

by Anonymousreply 575June 16, 2022 5:29 PM

How do these people have their careers? luttig sounds like he is having a medical emergency

by Anonymousreply 576June 16, 2022 5:34 PM

Very slow and deliberate...a little hard to listen, as my eyes glaze over. I guess he wants to be very careful and this will be recorded history. He almost looks like he's ready to cry.

by Anonymousreply 577June 16, 2022 5:36 PM

No, he doesn't, R576. He sounds completely lucid and scholarly. He's an older man, but he still has his marbles.

by Anonymousreply 578June 16, 2022 5:36 PM

*as this will be recorded history..

by Anonymousreply 579June 16, 2022 5:37 PM

The precedent to ignore votes and install the losing party was the 2000 election.

by Anonymousreply 580June 16, 2022 5:40 PM

We will never have fair elections until we get rid of the electoral college. But Republicans will never allow their sole reason for "winning" to be discarded.

by Anonymousreply 581June 16, 2022 5:42 PM

Ironically, R580, one of the lawyers involved on the Dubya side is Mark Meadows' attorney George Terwilliger and Ron Klain (Biden's CoS) was on the Gore side.

by Anonymousreply 582June 16, 2022 5:43 PM

The guy behind him, on the left...eyes are getting heavier...lol.

by Anonymousreply 583June 16, 2022 5:43 PM

There is a Part 3 already going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584June 16, 2022 5:44 PM

R581, and even that isn't enough control for them. Republicans are diseased.

R583, that's one of the Capitol cops who testified months back.

by Anonymousreply 585June 16, 2022 5:44 PM

magat infestation has this thread grayed. Magats hate democracy and hate the truth and hate America. The judge is the only person who is having trouble speaking.

by Anonymousreply 586June 16, 2022 5:46 PM

It isn't grayed out for me.

by Anonymousreply 587June 16, 2022 6:19 PM

John Roberts is still living in the 1960s and is terrified of being outed as gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588June 19, 2022 8:16 PM

That's a pretty damning shrimp cocktail.

by Anonymousreply 589June 19, 2022 8:22 PM

One photo and Roberts is gay.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 590June 21, 2022 10:34 AM

R581. We need to add more states that are Dem leaning. That’s how we get more electoral college votes. Hello Washington D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico etc. 2 electoral votes for each. Definitely DC/Delaware where Biden lives.

by Anonymousreply 591June 21, 2022 11:07 AM

American Samoa, as well.

2 more electoral college votes.

2+2+2+2+2=8

by Anonymousreply 592June 21, 2022 11:08 AM

We are already granting them financial support and access to our healthcare, so why not?

by Anonymousreply 593June 21, 2022 11:10 AM

Puerto Rico was dumb enough to reject statehood twice.

by Anonymousreply 594June 21, 2022 11:20 AM

The House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack is expected to show at its fourth hearing on Tuesday that Donald Trump and top advisers coordinated the scheme to send fake slates of electors as part of an effort to return him to the White House.

The panel will show how the fake electors scheme – which may have been illegal – was the underlying basis for Trump’s unlawful strategy to have his vice-president, Mike Pence, refuse to certify Biden’s win in certain states and grant him a second term.

The hearing begins at 1 pm ET.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 21, 2022 12:05 PM

[quote]the fake electors scheme – which may have been illegal

r595, impersonation of election officials, forgery and changing vote tallies MAY be crimes?

by Anonymousreply 596June 21, 2022 12:11 PM

Trump delusion=“may” have been illegal.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 597June 21, 2022 12:30 PM

Mike Pence claims he has never seen a president lie as often as Joe Biden does.

Proving he was indeed replaced by an automaton during the Trump presidency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598June 21, 2022 12:35 PM

Did Mikey get all puffed up by the hero talk last week? Mikey, we didn’t mean it, it was a con for your loathsome supporters.

by Anonymousreply 599June 21, 2022 12:57 PM

R598, to be fair, Biden keeps lying about inflation. It's just temporary, he says.

by Anonymousreply 600June 21, 2022 7:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!