Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis Part 120: Start of the Grass season

Rafael Nadal has won his 14th French Open title and 22nd Grand Slam, defeating Casper Ruud 6-3, 6-3, 6-0.

Women’s French Open champion Iga Swiatek continued her 35-match winning streak, defeating Coco Gauff 6-1, 6-3.

And now we move on to the grass season.

by Anonymousreply 491June 24, 2022 9:10 AM

Previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2022 9:55 AM

Rumours saying WTA may accord half ranking points for Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2022 9:58 AM

The Grass Season, aka the 420 high...

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2022 10:03 AM

The stupidity of the British LTA continues to astound. Allow the Russians to play. They are not in Putin's army. Rubelev spoke out in opposition to the invasion before most other players. Wimbledon runs the very true risk of becoming obsolete. Grass is not a surface that up and coming players give a damn about. Dinosaurs like Federer are soon to be gone, so the beautiful style of play he had, will never be replicated. It's a cold, hard world of power groundies and everyone playing hard.

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2022 10:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2022 6:32 PM

holy cow, so fat!

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2022 6:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2022 6:45 PM

Nice of Sakkari to say that about Emma, but.....Emma apparently went the exho route, instead of practice. She has had issues with her coaching team and motivation.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2022 8:55 PM

Sorry, but as much as I don’t think medvedev, rublev, etc have done anything wrong, I do think disallowing Russian athletes from major sports competition is effective in pressuring Putin.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2022 10:42 PM

r4 Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2022 11:50 PM

thanks for the new thread OP

week 1 of grass and it's already been raining at some of the events

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2022 12:38 AM

Rain is good for the grass.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2022 12:44 AM

Thank you for the new thread as well, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2022 3:22 AM

The US Open should go back to grass.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2022 3:39 AM

I agree, R14, as should the Australian Open.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2022 3:39 AM

I detest grass. All serve and net play and the points are usually over quickly, often without much strategy or construction.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2022 4:35 AM

Some grass champs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2022 4:47 AM

Nothing is worse than watching 2 fembots groundstroking on grass. Between their stupid buns under their visors, their tall, thin build lacking any grace or subtley, their play is boring. Give me Greer Stevens over any of these bores.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2022 9:40 AM

What type of grass they use for tennis courts

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2022 10:13 AM

R19 I thought you were kidding but there's even a whole National Geographic article about it:

"Early Wimbledon grass was a mix of native species, planted carefully atop a firm soil surface and trimmed by a horse dragging a small mower. But the turf was unruly. Dandelions and daisies would sometimes pop up, fairy rings occasionally bloomed, and the constant wear from players skipping across the grass meant it had to be replaced often.

By the mid-20th century, agricultural sciences were booming, and the sports world benefited. Researchers around the world were looking carefully at how to breed and manage grasses to make them more nutritious for grazing animals; more resistant to pests; faster growing; ever greener; and more perfect for lawns and fodder.

After the Sports Turf Research Institute (STRI), in Bingley, England, took over development of Wimbledon grass in 1951, they attacked the grass courts with science. They tested pesticides to kill worms and herbicides to kill the daisies, new soil mixes to change the firmness of the ground (which affects how high the ball bounces), and fertilizers to make the grass grow faster, greener, more predictably.

But the key work started when they realized they could pick and choose the grass itself. Plant breeders sent them hundreds of slightly different types of seeds—“Limousine” and “Bingo,” “Jupiter” and “Barlindo”—that they grew into little patches and systematically tried to wear out.

The team built a machine—essentially a fake foot, complete with tennis shoe—that would stomp and slide and smear across the grass. They’d set it up, turn it on, and come back later to see whether “Brightstar” could take the stress, or if “Rambo” held up better.

“We made most of the progress in the 1990s,” says Mark Ferguson, the head of research at STRI. “We made huge strides initially, and we’ve not quite hit the ceiling yet.” But in his opinion, the current grass carpet—made up of 100-percent ryegrass with short, fine, dense blades and a firm root bed—is close to perfect."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2022 10:57 AM

R19 Oscar Otte (just beaten Shapo in Stuttgart) has the answer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2022 11:28 AM

I feel a little sad that we can't have some stray dandelions and daisies any more though.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2022 11:35 AM

Tommy on the grass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2022 12:13 PM

Will Serena play at USAOpen?

by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2022 2:22 PM

serena isn't even interested in tennis anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2022 2:49 PM

Wimbledon grass is far slower than it used to be many years ago. It has been pointed out by many players themselves and commentators alike. That's why Djokovic is able to win there. Nothing like carpet, which was really really fast.

As for Sakkari, "the level of WTA is very very high" bitch please it's at its lowest ever, apart from Swiatek. The sole fact that someone like Raducanu could win a slam without having won a single WTA match is the proof. Kontaveit #2? These girls would have been not even top 50 when Sharapova, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Zvonareva, Wozniacki, Henin, Clijsters, Safina, or Dementieva, Kvitova, Serena or Venus were at their top.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2022 3:40 PM

Isn't the Wimbledon grass supposed to be marginally faster now than it was in the early 2010s, when Nadal won there? I remember players initially complaining about it then, that it was slower than hard courts.

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2022 4:32 PM

R4 Wimbledon has increased prize money to a record £40.3m (up from £35m last year). That money is mostly not made from die-hard tennis fans who follow players week in and out but from corporate sponsors and tickets, TV rights.

Wimbledon isn't becoming obsolete - and the decision to not risk how bad it would look to casual fans if a Russian/Belarusian won was likely commercial as well as political.

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2022 5:04 PM

A russian had zero chances to win, at least in the male competition (on wta you never know)

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2022 7:36 PM

Zero? I'd say that a player like Medvedev is definitely possible if a draw falls apart.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2022 8:20 PM

R29 That's nonsense and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2022 8:43 PM

GAME, SET & MATCH Sue Barker to step down from BBC after 30 years with TV legend quitting after Wimbledon next month

The 66-year-old has spent the last 30 years as a huge part of the broadcaster's coverage in SW19.

Apart from Wimbledon, Barker also famously spent time hosting A Question of Sport, and was part of the BBC's coverage of the Olympics, Grand National, Sports Personality of the Year and more.

A statement from Barker said: "What a wonderful time I’ve had working on some of the biggest sporting events around the world.

"I will miss it terribly but after 30 years I feel the time is right for me.

"I’ve worked with the best of the best."

Barker first joined the BBC's Wimbledon coverage in 1993 and has anchored coverage of the tournament since 2000.

Her last day in the job will be Sunday, July 10 for the men's final.

Barker played tennis professionally before beginning her career in broadcasting following her retirement in 1984.

She won the 1976 French Open - the last Briton to do so - but her best result at Wimbledon was reaching the semi-finals in 1976.

Director of BBC Sport Barbara Slater labelled Barker as a "national treasure" and revealed the broadcaster had wanted her to continue in the job past this year's tournament.

She said: "Sue is a national treasure and we'd have loved for her to continue in her role for many years to come.

"We do of course respect her decision and understand why, after 30 years of leading Wimbledon presentation, she's ready to make this year her last.

"We thank Sue for the remarkable contribution she has made to sports broadcasting during what has been a truly extraordinary and illustrious career.

"A consummate professional who audiences will remember for her skill, authority and warmth on screen, Sue will be equally remembered with fondness and affection by colleagues who had the privilege to work alongside her, experiencing the same professionalism and warmth behind the scenes.”

Meanwhile BBC director-general Tim Davie said: "Sue Barker has been the face and voice of Wimbledon for three decades.

"Many of our viewers will not know of a summer in SW19 without her.

"She is a consummate professional, an outstanding presenter and a wonderful colleague, loved by current and former players, all of us at the BBC and audiences across the UK and beyond.

"Her contribution to tennis, the BBC, sports presenting and for blazing a trail for women in broadcasting cannot be overstated.

"We are looking forward to her leading our coverage, with all the style, warmth and knowledge she has displayed for the last 30 years, and we will say farewell with heavy hearts at the end of the tournament."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2022 12:07 AM

In the interests of pointless bitchery, Sue Barker has long been rumoured to have taken Tim Henman's virginity.

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2022 12:54 AM

I'm new to the tennis threads, so forgive me if it's been discussed. But why are Rafa and his sister so unbeleebeeably close? It's rather eyebrow raising to peruse her Instagram account and see them draped all over one another.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2022 1:05 AM

wow some interesting results today!

Kyrgios tough win over Basilashvili

Fucsovics surprising upset over Hurkacz

Murray over Bublik again

Otte upsetting Shapovalov

some potential drama Friday as Murray plays Tsitsipas

surprising upset of grass loving Giorgi by UK's own Dart

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2022 5:56 AM

the young Dutchie who upset Fritz is cute

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2022 6:03 AM

He is, R356. He has a relatively nice ass too.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2022 6:13 AM

's-Hertogenbosch

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2022 6:56 AM

Say it ain’t so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2022 10:33 AM

Mackie and Vandy Zandy are playing dubs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2022 11:09 AM

I enjoyed watching the young Dutchie in white shorts.

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2022 12:03 PM

Sakkari hates her racket. I do enjoy a good bit of racket abuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 10, 2022 12:36 PM

How does this impact Djokovic:

[quote] US to lift COVID testing requirement for air travelers entering country: White House official

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 10, 2022 2:18 PM

R43 First impression is that this is about testing but has the vaccine requirement been lifted? Djokovic is happy to be tested but not vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 44June 10, 2022 2:20 PM

FAA team or K. Hemsworth team?

by Anonymousreply 45June 10, 2022 2:36 PM

FAA team

by Anonymousreply 46June 10, 2022 2:44 PM

R40 cute couple

by Anonymousreply 47June 10, 2022 2:47 PM

FAA all the way.

by Anonymousreply 48June 10, 2022 2:52 PM

Wow, Murray beat Tsitsipas 7-6(4), 6-3. I did not see that one coming.

by Anonymousreply 49June 10, 2022 3:32 PM

Misery's revenge for Loogate.

He rammed Pissypants's head down the proverbial and kept flushing in that second set!

by Anonymousreply 50June 10, 2022 3:46 PM

Yay! Misery team.

by Anonymousreply 51June 10, 2022 3:46 PM

Tsitsipas needs to do something to get back on track. He's not been the same since he lost the French Open in 2021 to Djokovic. He was playing Slam winning tennis for two sets, then he froze. He did well this season on clay, but then he wasn't playing that well at RG and lost early. I like his game, if not his antics, and would like to see him improve. It's pretty clear what he needs to do--get a slice backhand and work on his return game. But I think a lot of his problems are between his ears. That's harder to improve.

by Anonymousreply 52June 10, 2022 7:56 PM

Titsy is weak mentally. So is Sascha. That's going to make it hard for either of them to win majors.

by Anonymousreply 53June 10, 2022 9:39 PM

Tsitsy’s bladder is also apparently very weak.

by Anonymousreply 54June 10, 2022 10:11 PM

I hope Zverev will drop out of top 10 after his injury.

by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2022 10:02 AM

Tim van Rijthoven inspired by a home crowd. Bye bye Felix.. another overrated 'Next Gen?'

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2022 2:44 PM

Sexy Dutchie Tim dumps out Felix in 's Hertengobosch semi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 11, 2022 2:45 PM

Murray sneaks the first set off Kyrgios.

Cue meltdown? Nick's already got a Code Violation.

by Anonymousreply 58June 11, 2022 2:48 PM

Wow, Van Rijthoven had 0 ATP main draw wins before this tournament. His coach is former Dutch player Igor Sijsling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2022 2:55 PM

Every time I see Tim's name I think of the alleged German air ace Manfred von Richthofen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2022 2:56 PM

R59 This new guy has BDF.

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2022 3:57 PM

Overrated how, R56? Felix is unlikely to reach GOAT contention but is probably going to have a solid Wawrinka/Murray/Smith/Ashe sort of career. He's still the only player under 24 to have made it to the round of 16 or better in each Slam, and only second-coming-of-Nadal Alcaraz is ranked higher than Felix in that age group. Plus it was an awfully close match.

On a separate note, a very bad look for Wimby to see Medvedev likely to clinch one of their warm-ups.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2022 6:14 PM

I's got a haircut!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2022 6:21 PM

Haircut video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2022 6:24 PM

Haircut video 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2022 6:27 PM

Which name do you prefer, and why?

's-Hertogenbosch

Rosmalen Grass Court Championships

Libéma Open

by Anonymousreply 66June 11, 2022 7:06 PM

Kyrgios with another meltdown. So mentally weak, jesus.

love the new Shapo look. He's hawt.

by Anonymousreply 67June 11, 2022 7:40 PM

Jesus! Calling on the mole patrol to evaluate R63. That idiot is going to have skin cancer by the time he is 40.

by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2022 8:23 PM

Jack Draper being gorgeous and adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2022 9:11 PM

They have pickleball on Tennis Channel right now. Rolls eyes.

by Anonymousreply 70June 11, 2022 9:11 PM

Pickleball is spreading like kudzu.

by Anonymousreply 71June 11, 2022 9:13 PM

's-Hertogenbosch ladies final will be between a Belarussian and a Russian lol Sabalenka vs. Alexandrova

while Medvedev is obviously the favorite for the men's title

by Anonymousreply 72June 11, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote] Pickleball is spreading like kudzu.

Wright/Newman team or Loong/Dawson team?

by Anonymousreply 73June 11, 2022 10:05 PM

Wimbledon *doesn't* want to have a Russian winner so they will be breathing a sigh of relief looking at Russian/Belarusian champions of warm-up tournaments. So many of you don't seem to get this about Wimbledon's decision. It would be awkward and a bad look for them if a Russian won especially to the kind of casual fan they make most of their money from. Putin who uses sport regularly to promote and take pride in the state would gloat. And so on.

by Anonymousreply 74June 11, 2022 11:56 PM

I am 100 percent in agreement with the Wimbledon decision.

by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2022 12:27 AM

It's easy to understand Wimbledon's position, R74. It's also easy to understand how troubling it is. Of course what Putin has done and continues to do is insane and reprehensible. He should have been defenestrated long ago, which applies to many corrupt dictators. Nor should anyone accommodate inhumane govemments and countries who put profit and power before people. The respective measures that the UK has taken against Russia are laudable. However, banning athletes who are unfortunate enough to be citizens of those countries is also inhumane, subsuming individuality in nationality. It also makes the AELTC look petty and pathetic. Along their lines of reasoning, why not take it one step further and ban Shapo for idolizing Putin and the Serbian players for Serbia's ties with Russia?

by Anonymousreply 76June 12, 2022 12:33 AM

So the Incredible Hulk girl isn't playing right?

by Anonymousreply 77June 12, 2022 12:35 AM

I thought she played earlier today?

by Anonymousreply 78June 12, 2022 12:36 AM

She's playing the 's-Hertogenbosch/Rosmalen/Libéma Open final but not Wimbledon

by Anonymousreply 79June 12, 2022 12:38 AM

R56. Losing to a guy ranked 205

There is a reason people call him Flop Ass Assume.

by Anonymousreply 80June 12, 2022 1:09 AM

Wow, you're a bastion of wit, R80 and the only "people" I've seen use that lame name. So what do you call Taylor Fritz for losing to that same guy? Anyone can have a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2022 1:14 AM

Is this where we talk about Select Medical Orange County Cup?

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote]Is this where we talk about Select Medical Orange County Cup?

I want to talk about the cinch Championships!

Did Tommy find love in Amsterdam? (lol I think it's his physio?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2022 1:26 AM

R74 why would Wimbledon be breathing a sigh of relief if Russians and Belarussians win the warmup events outside the UK? I support their decision but if the Russians and Medvedev win the non-UK grass events then it's going to appear like they might have had a shot at winning Wimbledon. It would have looked better if none of them reached the final.

Medvedev is also playing playing Halle (which doesn't seem real without Federer there) along with Rublev, Khachanov, Karatsev and Ivashka. You'd think Wimbledon hopes none of them win there either.

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2022 1:27 AM

Smith and ova, Koval won the Select Medical Orange County Cup.

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2022 1:31 AM

When do tickets for the Australian Open typically go on sale?

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2022 2:23 AM

My guess would be a lot closer to January, R86.

by Anonymousreply 87June 12, 2022 4:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2022 4:22 AM

Oh shut up, Nick you nutjob. You only get 'bullshit' from fans because you serve up bullshit on and off the court.

The crowd were loving him until he started bringing the crazy at the end of the first set, when the going started to get tougher.

by Anonymousreply 89June 12, 2022 6:41 AM

He is such a sulk when things aren't going his way. I can't believe he's worse at dealing with an unruly crowd than say... 15 year old Martina Hingis. The kind of stuff they used to yell at Venus & Serena & Ashe & Gibson, an underage Kournikova being sexually harassed and wolf-whistled by the crowd, homophobic comments to Mauresmo, BJK, and Navratilova. And NONE of them whined as much as this clown.

While I don't disagree with the Wimbledon policy, it actually does put more of an asterisk on their slam if you have Medvedev, Sabalenka, Alexandrova etc. winning the warmup tournaments. These are now some of the in-form grass competitors and they are not allowed to compete.

by Anonymousreply 90June 12, 2022 8:48 AM

The warm-ups this week seem to have rather weak fields. Not sure h9w that relates to Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 91June 12, 2022 9:16 AM

Kyrgios is ridiculous, black sheep (at leas in spanish has zero racial meaning) and shut up and play is just a wish everybody watchinng is matches has

by Anonymousreply 92June 12, 2022 10:34 AM

Kyrgios is nuts and everyone knows it, including him in his lucid moments.

by Anonymousreply 93June 12, 2022 10:48 AM

Anybody who supports the banning of Russians and Belarusians is borderline criminal and equally anti-democratic, anti-tolerance and anti-human rights. Then ban all Chinese, ban all people from Muslim countries, ban all Americans because of all the wars they did in the world, ban Serbians and Indian because they are still buying Russian gas, ban Filipinos because Duterte. It's a neverending toxic loop. The values of sport should never be poisoned with politics. NEVER.

This was started by those Australian nutjobs and their failed zero covid policy who expelled Djokovic because "letting him play would have meant anti-vax propaganda". lmao

by Anonymousreply 94June 12, 2022 11:21 AM

ESL.

by Anonymousreply 95June 12, 2022 12:39 PM

R94 Bullshit. How is it fair that Djokovic can enter Australia unvaccinated while everyone else can't? P.S. this isn't just limited to Covid vaccines - there are other countries that require visitors to be vaccinated for other things e.g. some countries require proof of vaccination for yellow fever or malaria.

Anyway, in tennis news, Hulkina and indoor hard court queen Alexandrova were competitive in the first set but then when she lost the set, Hulkina had a mental breakdown and got bagelled in the 2nd.

by Anonymousreply 96June 12, 2022 12:53 PM

R96 Because other players had already entered the country unvaccinated with a special exemption. Djokovic was given the special exemption on an anonimous form, like the panel required and when Australian institutions were ridiculed for letting him play they retaliated by banning him with the personal intervention of the Minister of Immigration with the excuse of "he may foster anti-vax sentiment", not because there was an actual danger in him not being vaccinated. It was political, not sanitary.

by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2022 1:03 PM

R97 Only one and she was booted out before she got to play for the same reason.

Neither she nor Djokovic were ever legally allowed to enter unvaccinated. I will grant that they were probably misled by Craig Tiley. And if Djokovic hadn't made the mistake of taking a photo and bragging about getting to enter unvaccinated I wouldn't be shocked if it would have slipped under the radar. Djokovic made it public and, therefore, political. But regardless, the law is that he was not allowed to enter unvaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 98June 12, 2022 1:08 PM

Tim Van Ripped-hoven on a tear against Medvedev.

4-0 up in the second set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 12, 2022 1:34 PM

Tim is INSPIRED.

by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2022 1:36 PM

Wow, when Tim fell over backwards to celebrate winning, he showed a very impressive VPL.

by Anonymousreply 101June 12, 2022 2:06 PM

Tim Tales winning shows that there isn't much technical difference between the top players and lower ranked ones. It's mostly mentality.

by Anonymousreply 102June 12, 2022 2:08 PM

Link to the bulge. IT'S HUGE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 12, 2022 2:08 PM

He's beaten world no. 2 Medvedev, no. 9 Auger-Aliassime, and no. 14 Fritz.

by Anonymousreply 104June 12, 2022 2:10 PM

Titanic Tim shoots to #1 in the DL Boyfriend Rankings!

by Anonymousreply 105June 12, 2022 2:10 PM

So this guy destroys Medvedev and takes out Fritz, yet FAA gets all the derision on here for getting edged by him by a couple of points in the third-set tie-breaker. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 106June 12, 2022 2:18 PM

they aren't familiar with hims game since he's so new

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2022 2:20 PM

Tim is 25-years-old, so not exactly 'new'. Just lowly ranked.

by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote]Link to the bulge. IT'S HUGE!

Isn't it a tennis ball in his pocket?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2022 2:27 PM

Yes, R109, he had a ball in his pocket.

by Anonymousreply 110June 12, 2022 2:30 PM

R109 This angle makes it look far more penis-like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 12, 2022 2:32 PM

I checked out is insta profile yesterday, he only had like over 3500 followers, today he has almost 8000! LOL

by Anonymousreply 112June 12, 2022 2:34 PM

That's a tennis ball not VPL senile gay men.

by Anonymousreply 113June 12, 2022 2:35 PM

Brazilian Beatriz Haddad Maia wins her first tournament against American Alison Riske in Nottingham. She's quite good at doubles, that must have transferred some to grass.

by Anonymousreply 114June 12, 2022 2:42 PM

FAA getting edged?

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2022 2:44 PM

Speaking for all of DL's (male) tennis fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 12, 2022 2:51 PM

Daniil was gracious and personable in his post-match on-court comments as he always is. He's a thousand times more likeable than Novak.

by Anonymousreply 117June 12, 2022 2:51 PM

Misery takes the second set against Berrettini.

Should he win this, he might well go high enough in the rankings to be seeded at Wimbledon

by Anonymousreply 118June 12, 2022 3:04 PM

Maybe you should use addition instead, R117, since a thousand times zero still equals zero.

by Anonymousreply 119June 12, 2022 3:28 PM

Federer admits 'things moving slowly' in recovery

Roger Federer admitted Saturday that "things are moving slowly" in his attempt to recover from knee surgery.

The 20-time Grand Slam title winner and former world number one has not played since a quarter-final defeat at Wimbledon almost a year ago.

He then underwent a third surgery on his knee while his world ranking has slumped to 50, his lowest in 22 years.

Federer told Swiss broadcaster SRF that he "plays from time to time" with his four children, but "things are moving slowly".

He still intends to return to action at the Laver Cup in London at the end of September when he will have already celebrated his 41st birthday.

"I had surgery at the end of August and people ask me 'So, how does it look?'. And each time I have to answer that it will take a little more time," he said.

Federer said he is "currently focusing on (his) physical condition, so that there is no overload" and goes to the gym "five to six times a week."

"I just have to stay patient, I'm making constant progress."

After the Laver Cup from September 23-25, Federer has already said he intends to play in his hometown tournament of Basel from October 24-30.

Federer, the winner of 103 trophies over his career, played only 13 matches in 2021 and just six in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 12, 2022 3:33 PM

At this point I think we're more likely to see Laver play at the Laver Cup.

by Anonymousreply 121June 12, 2022 3:37 PM

If you're in need of a laugh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 12, 2022 3:49 PM

^^ and yup, in a sport chock full of variables, Novak takes the ball hit personally, as if Nadal did it intentionally, and refuses Nadal's apology ...

by Anonymousreply 123June 12, 2022 4:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2022 5:31 PM

Has DL icon and the world's most famous heterosexual Spam Shriver landed herself a man yet? She's been as hungry for some peen as our Darfur Orphan has been for moth pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2022 6:48 PM

Is NaUMi Osaka playing Wimbledon Open? Is she doubles?

by Anonymousreply 126June 12, 2022 6:50 PM

[quote]Has DL icon and the world's most famous heterosexual Spam Shriver landed herself a man yet?

Pam is looking for love at the Louvre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 12, 2022 7:07 PM

Waters team or Todd team?

by Anonymousreply 128June 12, 2022 7:45 PM

Poor Pammie really is unfortunate-looking.

by Anonymousreply 129June 12, 2022 9:19 PM

Osaka recently claimed that she's motivated by points and ranking but has withdrawn from today's WTA 500 grass warm up tournament...

by Anonymousreply 130June 12, 2022 10:14 PM

She's having a mental health week.

by Anonymousreply 131June 12, 2022 10:15 PM

yes, she's still affected by that fake gun shots incident at the boxing match in barclays center in brooklyn

by Anonymousreply 132June 13, 2022 12:12 AM

Loved the fairytale story for van Rijthoven in 's-Hertogenbosch this week. It's something we used to see a lot more often in the turbulent period of the late 90s and early 00s on the men's tour but has been largely absent since the big 3 took over. We need more shock winners like this on the men's side at big events. Hoping someone gets it done at Wimbledon

I'll always love how the wildly inconsistent Dustin Brown is 2-0 against Nadal with both matches being on grass. He's the only player 2-0 against him which has to feel good

by Anonymousreply 133June 13, 2022 12:44 AM

Any "tea' about this new Dutch guy?

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 134June 13, 2022 1:24 AM

From a certain point of view.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2022 1:28 AM

He gave a big hug and kiss to a pretty girl in his player's box, R134, so it is looking very unlikely. He's cute.

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2022 1:43 AM

R83 i would really wanna know what happened later that night.

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2022 2:34 AM

According to his social media page, he's got the same gf since 2016 and now has over 15k followers. it was only 3k the other day

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2022 4:19 AM

Are the WTA players mostly straight these days? Who are the lezzies left on the women's tour now that a certain Slam winning Australian player has retired from singles?

by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2022 5:49 AM

[quote] Who are the lezzies left on the women's tour

All of them!

by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2022 5:50 AM

Margaret Court R140, who was the queen bee among the lezzie players in your day? Was it you or Billy Jean Drag King?

by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2022 5:57 AM

R139 Barty does ping but she's engaged to a golfer called Garry Kissick. I know that doesn't necessarily mean that she's straight but on balance she probably is since it's not really a big deal for WTA players in general unless they're from a v. homophobic country (props to Kasatkina for being out).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2022 5:59 AM

[quote] Margaret Court R140, who was the queen bee among the lezzie players in your day?

Well Evonne Goolagong of course. She was not only a vegemite abo but also in a sham marriage to cover up her sinful, slattern ways.

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2022 6:08 AM

R142, I wasn't referring to Barty. It was another Aussie who won a Slam and has now retired from singles play. As far as I know she was in the closet for a very long time but most people assumed she was lez.

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2022 7:12 AM

R144 Who then?

by Anonymousreply 145June 13, 2022 7:14 AM

R145, I was referring to Sam Stosur.

My lezdar isn't finely tuned but Barty never pinged to me. She always seemed more like a sporty, laidback straight girl to me.

by Anonymousreply 146June 13, 2022 7:17 AM

R146 Ahkay, I understand. Sam Stosur did 'retire' but played singles at Strasbourg (link). Plus played doubles at RG, and Nottingham this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 13, 2022 7:31 AM

Stosur is on her farewell doubles tour. Out, current WTA players:

The recently suspended Tara Moore, her wife Emina Bektas, Demi Schuurs, Kasatkina (bi), Alyson Van Uytvanck, Greet Minnen (they're still on a break), Petra Martic (not really 'out' but was in a relationship with her former coach Sandra Zaniewska), Aleksandra Krunic, Astra Sharma, Lucie Hradecka. I think there are a few more on the doubles tour, and obviously a few more who aren't out, and many more who are now retired.

Others that ping to me include SWIATEK and her mental coach, Muguruza, Garcia (she is always hanging around her lesbian soccer team friends), Mangelique Kerber, Jil Teichmann, Marketa Vondrousova, Karolina Muchova, Zhang Shuai, Beatriz Haddad Maia, Sara Sorribes Tormo, Arantxa Rus, Hailey Baptiste, Tereza Martincova, one of those Wang girls. I would love Kanepi to be a power lesbian but I think she's straight.

by Anonymousreply 148June 13, 2022 9:01 AM

Mary! Carillo at R129, have you and Pammie ever done it? Did you close your eyes and think of Masha Cuntapova or Gabby Sabatini when you did it with Pampers?

by Anonymousreply 149June 13, 2022 9:57 AM

I had no idea that Krunic . Lucie Hrdecka and Astra Sharma are lesbians.

Well DL always comes up with info you never gets anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 150June 13, 2022 11:05 AM

Great to see PCB stamp on that bratty little upstart, Rune, in Halle.

Bossed him around with that big bulge in 2 sets.

by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2022 12:05 PM

Daddy Fritz Team or Dreamy Draper Team?

by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2022 12:42 PM

Rooting for the American

by Anonymousreply 153June 13, 2022 1:01 PM

Draper team

by Anonymousreply 154June 13, 2022 1:15 PM

I'm seeing ads for US open for the past week or 2

by Anonymousreply 155June 13, 2022 1:59 PM

PCB's big nose is so fucking sexy.

by Anonymousreply 156June 13, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote]Draper team

Draper won! Not a good grass season for Fritz so far

B. Andreescu got some highlights in her hair for the bett1open in Berlin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 13, 2022 3:17 PM

Jack Draper: Future Superman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 13, 2022 4:20 PM

The U-GOAT has won a match in Halle... surely now a shoo-in to retain his title!

by Anonymousreply 159June 13, 2022 4:47 PM

I see Draper is also fond of wearing more than one necklace at a time.

by Anonymousreply 160June 13, 2022 7:48 PM

Draper is cute. Not a fan of the cross necklace, tho, that's rarely a good sign for the gays.

by Anonymousreply 161June 13, 2022 8:05 PM

Medvedev back up to #1 while Zverev reaches career high #2

Djokovic falls to #3 and just 245 points ahead of #4 Nadal

no significant changes in the WTA rankings

by Anonymousreply 162June 13, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote] Former tennis star Jelena Dokic relives recent suicide attempt: ‘Everything is blurry’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 13, 2022 10:42 PM

hopefully she gets the help she needs immediately

by Anonymousreply 164June 13, 2022 10:50 PM

Are any of you going to Wimbledon or USA Open?

by Anonymousreply 165June 13, 2022 11:02 PM

I'm going to the Open. I've been like 20 years running. It's still fun.

Poor Dokic. Her father fucked her up.

by Anonymousreply 166June 13, 2022 11:08 PM

Sexy Legs Grigor was strutting around earlier and Andrew Castle commented on how hot he is, basically, and said that 'years ago he was chased around Acapulco by hordes of women, and he wasn't too upset about it, he's had many high profile girlfriends'

... not our Grigor!

by Anonymousreply 167June 14, 2022 12:45 AM

I'm going to the US Open too. I'm the poster who works in midtown and have seen players around their hotels. I've even seen Boris Becker walking back to his hotel alone, he was actually drunk and wasn't too steady on his feet...he was Djokovic's coach at the time lol.

by Anonymousreply 168June 14, 2022 3:18 AM

Here's a real cool Reddit AMA with the head groundskeeper at Wimbledon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 14, 2022 4:22 AM

R168, do you have any other stories or observations of players?

by Anonymousreply 170June 14, 2022 4:24 AM

Rio de Janeiro Olympics gold medallist Monica Puig! announced her retirement from professional tennis at age 28 via a post on social media Monday.

"After a tough 3 year fight with injuries and 4 surgeries, my body had enough,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 14, 2022 5:11 AM

Puig!

by Anonymousreply 172June 14, 2022 5:14 AM

Thank you for that link, R169.

by Anonymousreply 173June 14, 2022 5:14 AM

¡Puig! ¿What happened?

by Anonymousreply 174June 14, 2022 5:17 AM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 175June 14, 2022 5:26 AM

Is Nadal going to "limp" his way to a Grand Slam this year? The stories about how he's practically unable to move one leg are so over the top.

by Anonymousreply 176June 14, 2022 5:33 AM

Mee hurt sooooo mush.

by Anonymousreply 177June 14, 2022 5:35 AM

R167, did Andrew Castle drool over Not So Young Gaygor the way DL fave Cames Jourier often used to?

by Anonymousreply 178June 14, 2022 6:02 AM

OK DL, are y'all ready for CoCo GOAT to annihilate the opposition and DOMINATE tennis for the next 20 years? Wimbleton will be the start of an unbeaten run as the GOAT wins her next 2,000 matches in a row leaving even the Big Three as footnotes. Well, except for Roger who is the other GOAT.

Make way for CoCo GOAT!

by Anonymousreply 179June 14, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote]Wimbleton will be the start of an unbeaten run as the GOAT

Over Genie's dead bikini body! She's set for a comeback at Wimbledon so it's time to sharpen your pencil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 14, 2022 6:48 AM

R180, is it really you? Chrissy Evert Lloyd Mill Norman Navratil, the world's worst commentator?

by Anonymousreply 181June 14, 2022 6:55 AM

Who wears short shorts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 14, 2022 10:56 AM

So Serena is going to play Wimbledon?

by Anonymousreply 183June 14, 2022 12:18 PM

Hm, it does look like it. She posted this on instagram: "SW and SW19. It's a date. 2022 See you there."

Unless she's attending as a non-player but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 184June 14, 2022 12:33 PM

She tagged Eastbourne and her tennis kit sponsors in that post as well.

It's a great opportunity for a player to take her out in the 1st or 2nd round. I can't imagine her getting particularly far, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 185June 14, 2022 12:42 PM

Is she offered a WC? She hasn’t played for quite a while now.

by Anonymousreply 186June 14, 2022 12:49 PM

If she wants to play singles it will have to be a wild card since she missed the deadline to enter via a protected ranking. Some are saying it could be doubles or even Legends but tagging Eastbourne makes me think it's singles.

by Anonymousreply 187June 14, 2022 12:55 PM

Sometimes the rankings are a bit nuts. How can one not put via Nadal at the top with both the Australian and French in his pocket?

by Anonymousreply 188June 14, 2022 12:57 PM

Tennisforum is already desperate for a Serena v Iga or a Serena v Halep (Patrick Mouratoglou dumped her for Halep) or a Serena v Raducanu first round match.

by Anonymousreply 189June 14, 2022 1:00 PM

she's so fat and out of shape. she will be huffing and puffing. She isn't fit.

by Anonymousreply 190June 14, 2022 1:19 PM

Happy Birthday Steffi Graf! Damn, how time flies...she's 53

by Anonymousreply 191June 14, 2022 1:19 PM

Demi cute unknown Brit, Ryan PENISton takes out an uncomfortable looking Casper at Queen's!

by Anonymousreply 192June 14, 2022 2:43 PM

Ostapenko again showing us why she's a favorite of the gays and almost no one else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 14, 2022 2:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 14, 2022 2:48 PM

R193 She's savage and doesn't give a fuck. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 195June 14, 2022 2:50 PM

There's a 'Welcome back Serena' post on Wimbledon's Instagram so I guess it's official

Dutch twink Tim van Rijthoven (who just won the 's-Hertogenbosch tournament) also received a wild card for the main draw

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 14, 2022 2:57 PM

what's the point? she's so fat and out of shape, she's only embarrassing herself.

If she lost like 20 pounds, she could win so many grand slams but NO....she keeps baking pies and stuffing her them in her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 197June 14, 2022 2:59 PM

Cinch Championships:

Brooksby team or Krajinovic team?

Kudla team or Sonego team?

Evans team or Berreteami 🐻?

Shapo team or Paul team?

Tiafoe team or Stan team/Wawrinka team?

by Anonymousreply 198June 14, 2022 3:14 PM

Kraj More Team

Bi Son Team

Coke Is It Team

Perfect Paul Team

Stan Da Man Team

by Anonymousreply 199June 14, 2022 3:21 PM

German(y) Open

Ons team or ova, Munch team?

by Anonymousreply 200June 14, 2022 3:22 PM

R188, the ATP rankings are so out of whack now with the Wimbledon debacle that if Nadal were to win his third consecutive Slam, he'd still be ranked #4. How discombobulated is that?

by Anonymousreply 201June 14, 2022 3:25 PM

[quote]Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov returns the ball to Britain's Cameron

After having seen the photo posted by R182, I feel that "Bulge-aria's Grigor Dimitrov" would have been warranted.

by Anonymousreply 202June 14, 2022 3:53 PM

She's playing doubles first.

Serena Williams will make her comeback on the WTA tour at the Rothesay International in Eastbourne, starting June 19. The 40-year-old has received a wildcard for the women's doubles event of the WTA 500 grasscourt tournament, where she will partner World No. 4 Ons Jabeur.

by Anonymousreply 203June 14, 2022 4:16 PM

Ons/Serena team.

by Anonymousreply 204June 14, 2022 4:17 PM

Speaking of short shorts, you need to check out Marton Fuscovics' purple plaid Hydrogen number that he's sporting in Halle. Unfortunately I can't find any pics, yet, online.

Tighter than a gnat's chuff, as they say here in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 205June 14, 2022 4:47 PM

R205 Also Bublik against Musetti in London had these dangerously high and tight grey shorts you could see his ass crack and (notoriously) popping bulge.

by Anonymousreply 206June 14, 2022 5:13 PM

I was on Jubb team. Van de Zandschulp defeated him.

by Anonymousreply 207June 14, 2022 5:14 PM

[quote]I was on Jubb team

I'm not too familiar with him, he also received a Wimbledon wild card

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 14, 2022 5:40 PM

Stan looks really heavy for an athlete.

by Anonymousreply 209June 14, 2022 7:01 PM

Wawrinka long had a reputation for being perhaps the physically strongest man on the ATP Tour, but he's very unassuming about it and often looks slobby.

by Anonymousreply 210June 14, 2022 7:29 PM

Stan's just got that barrel build. Always has done. Norries' the same, and they're two of the fittest players on the tour.

by Anonymousreply 211June 14, 2022 7:38 PM

I am hoping for Ree vs CoCo in Round 1. The battle of the GOATs. Mary Joe will break down and kick Pampers Shriver in xir balls if CoCo loses to a pumped up Great Auntie Ree with Granny Vee watching from the stands.

by Anonymousreply 212June 14, 2022 7:58 PM

sigh Tiafoe....so talented and hot with a huge ass yet so dumb and a headcase

he was serving at 5-3 30-0 in the third set before another mental lapse. So Wawrinka won in 3 tiebreaks on his worst surface.

Wawrinka has 1 of the most unappealing upper bodies in men's tennis

by Anonymousreply 213June 14, 2022 7:58 PM

Wawrinka team.

by Anonymousreply 214June 14, 2022 8:11 PM

Wawrinka has always seemed like a good bloke to me. That pic of the massive teddy bear he sent Murray when he had his hip replacement always makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 215June 14, 2022 8:17 PM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 14, 2022 8:22 PM

Lately it’s not a barrel build. Theres lot of flab, including moobs.

by Anonymousreply 217June 14, 2022 8:27 PM

Why was Shapo/Paul match suspended?

by Anonymousreply 218June 14, 2022 8:28 PM

R218 Fading light. The court's not floodlit.

by Anonymousreply 219June 14, 2022 8:30 PM

Thanks, R219.

by Anonymousreply 220June 14, 2022 8:34 PM

Shapo in flight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 14, 2022 9:14 PM

Dreamy Tomm gams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 14, 2022 9:15 PM

Ons team!

She beat ova, Much.

by Anonymousreply 223June 14, 2022 9:16 PM

Stan has that natural tank body that makes my legs lift skyward on command.

by Anonymousreply 224June 14, 2022 9:27 PM

Kraj has an epic bulge

by Anonymousreply 225June 14, 2022 9:28 PM

R205, just did a google search for a photo but I couldn't find one either. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 226June 14, 2022 10:00 PM

looking forward to the potential drama in the Tsitsipas vs. Kyrgios match tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 227June 14, 2022 10:32 PM

I'd forgotten how gorgeous Matteo was ... you could spread him over toast like butter.

Andrew Castle was all talk about his billboards around town ... if there's a Grigor v Matteo match, Andrew and I will suffer death by legs.

He also called him a 'six foot five oil tanker', which Sue Barker found hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 228June 14, 2022 11:45 PM

It's nice to see Stan back even with his pockmarked face.

by Anonymousreply 229June 15, 2022 12:54 AM

Is this where we talk about Cinch Championship?

by Anonymousreply 230June 15, 2022 1:28 AM

Nadal and xisca are expecting a baby!

by Anonymousreply 231June 15, 2022 8:49 AM

Who's the father, R231?

by Anonymousreply 232June 15, 2022 9:19 AM

congrats daddy nadal!

by Anonymousreply 233June 15, 2022 10:41 AM

[quote]Who's the father, [R231]?

I'm guessing Rafa's sister.

by Anonymousreply 234June 15, 2022 11:11 AM

[quote]I'm guessing Rafa's sister

I think it's uncle Toni!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 15, 2022 11:14 AM

I wonder what's wrong with Jessica Pegula's mom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 15, 2022 1:16 PM

Ons says that she was asked to play doubles with Serena before the French Open... I thought this was a last minute thing but maybe not. From Racquet magazine:

[quote]Ons Jabeur: Doubles specialist! [Laughs] Oof, I’m still over the moon. I found out before the French Open, and it’s an honor and privilege to play with her. I’m actually nervous, but I’m going to try to be the doubles specialist for the next week and hopefully make zero mistakes. [Laughs] But it’s a great honor to play with such a legend, and to be able to really share the court with her is unbelievable because we never played each other and now we’re playing next to each other—we are a team. I’m really excited to be in Eastbourne next week, more and more excited than ever.

[quote]Racquet: Is it possible you might play Eastbourne only in doubles then? Ons Jabeur: Me, I’m playing singles as well, but the focus is on doubles now.

by Anonymousreply 237June 15, 2022 1:40 PM

Tsitsy team or Kyrgios team?

by Anonymousreply 238June 15, 2022 1:59 PM

Kyrgios is insane

by Anonymousreply 239June 15, 2022 2:54 PM

My boyfriend Tommy Paul wins!

by Anonymousreply 240June 15, 2022 3:20 PM

Young Grigor beaten at Queens by cute Dutch guy.

by Anonymousreply 241June 15, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote]Young Grigor beaten at Queens by cute Dutch guy.

It's BvdZ....Botic van de Zandschulp!

Next up at the cinch Championships is Jack Draper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 15, 2022 3:41 PM

Hubert defeats Humbert.

by Anonymousreply 243June 15, 2022 3:46 PM

More shorts shorts photos please. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 244June 15, 2022 3:48 PM

Kygrios has classic narcissistic personality disorder, Jesus. Cunting around the whole place, claiming mistreatment and victimhood, then giving his racquet to the disabled guy at the end. JESUS.

by Anonymousreply 245June 15, 2022 3:57 PM

R213 and R217.. have you never seen Wawrinka's abs? among the best of the tour (at least they were, not seen them for awhile)... also he has a nice ass too...

by Anonymousreply 246June 15, 2022 4:14 PM

Glad Fokina won today.

by Anonymousreply 247June 15, 2022 4:36 PM

Tiafoe pulled up his shorts but there wasn't much to see

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 15, 2022 5:33 PM

DL boyfriends Felix, Hubie and PCB are all into the Halle quarters today along with villain Kyrgios.

by Anonymousreply 249June 15, 2022 5:56 PM

Bublik massively manspreading at each change of ends at Queen's.

If only he'd put a bag over his head.

by Anonymousreply 250June 15, 2022 5:57 PM

No love for ADF here?

by Anonymousreply 251June 15, 2022 6:52 PM

R251 I have love for ADF - rocking bod, love the on court daredevil acrobatics and the kookiness when he's interviewed.

He come across as very authentic.

by Anonymousreply 252June 15, 2022 6:56 PM

Here's ADF changing his shirt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 15, 2022 6:57 PM

He is very actice on social media. Seems like a nice and fun guy. Hot too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 15, 2022 7:01 PM

Is Botic van de Zandschulp the Dutch guy who killed Natalee Holloway in Aruba?

by Anonymousreply 255June 15, 2022 7:14 PM

I think that guy's still locked up in some prison in Peru R255 lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 15, 2022 7:24 PM

I love Foki's big, red, smooth nips. Looks like he's got a meaty cock, too.

by Anonymousreply 257June 16, 2022 2:44 AM

Why is Andrew Castle talking about the male players' looks? Is he like Daddy Cames Jourier, hiding in plain sight?

by Anonymousreply 258June 16, 2022 6:46 AM

but without any tennis accomplishments

by Anonymousreply 259June 16, 2022 7:10 AM

DL fave Djere on court now in Halle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 16, 2022 11:03 AM

Djere really is swoonsome!

Wish he could get his head together - seems to always find a way to lose matches he puts himself in a great position to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 16, 2022 11:16 AM

Peak WTA result in Wimbleton final will be Serena beats Ons 1/6, 7/6, 6/0 after saving 42 match points from 1/6, 0/5, 0-40 down and Ons serving 12 double faults in a row in the exciting final set. Very compelling.

by Anonymousreply 262June 16, 2022 11:52 AM

R258 the male physique is to be studied, observed and appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 263June 16, 2022 2:08 PM

Shirtless Matteo eating pasta like his mama taught him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 16, 2022 2:17 PM

Also in Matteo's Instagram stories is his earliest memory of Head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 16, 2022 2:21 PM

thiem not playing wimbeldon

by Anonymousreply 266June 16, 2022 3:28 PM

That’s too bad. I will miss his play and his Domicakes.

by Anonymousreply 267June 16, 2022 3:41 PM

Tommycakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 16, 2022 5:21 PM

Sinner on the cover of Icon magazine. I never noticed he had a mole on his face...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 16, 2022 5:40 PM

Ryan PENISton, the cheeky British twink/twunk takes out Cerundolo to get through to the Quarters in Queens, 2 day after downing Casper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 16, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote] I never noticed he had a mole on his face...

Thank you for the observation, R269. It is precisely such vigilance that will keep us ahead in the struggle.

by Anonymousreply 271June 16, 2022 5:45 PM

Tallon (fab name) Griekspoor and RBA are knocking 7 bells out of each other in Halle: 1 set all.

Tallon is another player who seriously needs to invest in shorter and tighter shorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 16, 2022 5:57 PM

Swoon @ R268. All mine bitches!

by Anonymousreply 273June 16, 2022 6:36 PM

[quote]All mine bitches!

Not anymore Kiki Passo, you trashy OnlyFans skank!

Ryan PENISton is older than I thought (26)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 16, 2022 6:52 PM

He had cancer when he was a child and that was the reason he was very short till 16. His junior results were not great so he decided to study in the USA and keep training at tennis. Lately there are a lot of college players finding success at atp level

by Anonymousreply 275June 16, 2022 6:54 PM

R269 He looks good in those pics

by Anonymousreply 276June 16, 2022 6:55 PM

Tommy Paul just needs to seduce me and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 277June 16, 2022 7:35 PM

MAtteo has a hairy chest he shouldn't shave it

by Anonymousreply 278June 16, 2022 9:35 PM

Il Gingio needs to fix those teefs.

by Anonymousreply 279June 16, 2022 10:34 PM

r261 Djere got the coxsackie virus? I'd love to have been the guy to give it to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 16, 2022 11:37 PM

Brit tennis rookie Ryan Peniston reveals stunning Queen’s run has been fuelled by Italian food and Love Island binges

Brit tennis rookie Ryan Peniston reveals stunning Queen’s run has been fuelled by Italian food and Love Island binges

Yesterday the Southend southpaw came from a break down in the third set to eliminate tough Argentine Francisco Cerundolo 6-0 4-6 6-4 in two hours on Centre Court.

Against the odds and to the surprise of everyone, the world No 180 is the last Brit standing in the singles competition as the weekend approaches.

As he settled down last night in his hotel room, Peniston switched on ITV for some mind-numbing reality viewing.

Peniston, who is a big Manchester United fan because of his train-driving dad, laughed: “My routines have been exactly the same this week.

“I go to the same Italian restaurant and then I watch an episode of Love Island.

“Why Love Island? It’s an easy watch and it’s nice to chill out with it in the evening.

“I don’t want to wake up from this dream any time soon.

“I didn’t envisage being the last Brit. This is the best week of my life, it has been a rollercoaster so far. I cannot really think of anything that tops it.

“The support has been amazing, I’ve seen all these messages from people like my next door neighbour. It has been amazing.”

Outside of British tennis circles, few Pimm’s-drinking punters had heard of Peniston and this is his ATP Tour debut.

By winning two matches – the wildcard shocked No 1 seed Casper Ruud in the opener – he earned himself at least £50,000 in prize money.

The Essex slugger, 26, bagelled the first set in 20 minutes against the man from Buenos Aires, 26, but then had to fight extremely hard for the win.

Between points Peniston reads positive notes while sitting on his chair and he is benefiting from the words of advice given to him by a mental coach.

Peniston, who is a big Rafa Nadal fan, said: “I took a lot of confident from the last match against Casper. So I came out this time all guns blazing.

“The second set it didn’t go to plan, Francisco is a great player, I fought in the third set and got over the line.

“Everyone has doubts at some points, that little voice in your head tells you negative thoughts in the match. You have to fight against it with positive thoughts.

“Mentally it wasn’t as difficult to go again, I took a lot of confidence from the first win.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 17, 2022 1:08 AM

Ooooh Tommycakes and Lovely Matteo are 2nd up in London!

*jizzes in pants*

by Anonymousreply 282June 17, 2022 11:00 AM

Peniston and Van Rijthoven are 25-26-years-old so it's probably fluke runs for both..

Unrelated, are there many gay coaches/trainers? Do they have relationships with players like that typically happens on the WTA?

by Anonymousreply 283June 17, 2022 11:01 AM

[quote]are there many gay coaches/trainers?

Don't look at me!

by Anonymousreply 284June 17, 2022 11:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285June 17, 2022 12:19 PM

Pleased to see Oscar Otte get through to the Semis in Halle.

He's a player who's really worked hard to progress up the rankings, and has a a pretty unique, entertaining game and on-court personality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 17, 2022 12:29 PM

Fokina lost again😭

by Anonymousreply 287June 17, 2022 12:58 PM

Matteo's coach is ROUGH trade god damn...

There was a shot of him pulling up his shorts with his tan fading up his thighs and then he lifted his shirt up over his treasure trail...

Bet he's got a heavy bull cock with succulent dick skin ... want him to choke me a little too hard and have to call an ambulance.

by Anonymousreply 288June 17, 2022 2:05 PM

I love Peniston. He is so cute.

by Anonymousreply 289June 17, 2022 3:17 PM

Happy Birthday Granny V!

by Anonymousreply 290June 17, 2022 3:52 PM

Hubie team or FAA team?

Ruusuvuori team or Cilic team?

by Anonymousreply 291June 17, 2022 4:15 PM

FAA Team; always FAA team

by Anonymousreply 292June 17, 2022 4:23 PM

Hubie Doo Team

Ruusovuori Team

by Anonymousreply 293June 17, 2022 4:23 PM

R281 OMG I'm dying he says he's watching Love Island. I am as well. I want to ask him what the thinks of Ekin-Su. lol

by Anonymousreply 294June 17, 2022 5:02 PM

Hubie is such a grumpy old man on-court, it’s kind of adorable

by Anonymousreply 295June 17, 2022 7:14 PM

Shapo isn't too bright. He's complaining that his gf can't train at Queen's Club while an ATP event is going on (and it's grass too, so the surface needs more maintenance).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 17, 2022 8:41 PM

he's hawt, tho

God divides

by Anonymousreply 297June 17, 2022 9:08 PM

Tommy trail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 17, 2022 9:13 PM

Rafa is smart to give Wimbledon a go--Novak is likely out of the US Open, and Rafa could go for the calendar Slam. What an era we're still in (barely) - Novak one match away from the calendar Slam last year, now Rafa is half-way there.

Makes me think of 1988, when Wilander won 3 of the 4, only missing Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 299June 18, 2022 12:40 AM

I love Tommy but he would be so handsome and well groomed if he gave a gay a chance. He dresses so basic straight American boy.

by Anonymousreply 300June 18, 2022 5:25 AM

Tommy Paul Is very handsome. But he's never gonna be a star.

by Anonymousreply 301June 18, 2022 5:32 AM

Sloane's been busy

she's been talking about cyber bullying for years so I'm not surprised she's part of the initiative

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 18, 2022 9:23 AM

definitely the most beautiful slam winner ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 18, 2022 9:23 AM

Some Hubie beefcake...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 18, 2022 10:14 AM

Sloane Square needs to sit her tired, has been ass down. It's MY time now. The CoCo GOAT era of tennis has begun and ain't no stoppin' me now! I am the GOAT of all GOATS. And if you don't believe me ask Mary Joe.

Those overrated hos Uga, Emma, Lay to the Low to the Lah, No-Me Hosaka and Granny Rena all need to step aside for the new Empress of Tennis.

by Anonymousreply 305June 18, 2022 12:14 PM

Hey CoCo, let us know when you get a neck - and a forehand.

by Anonymousreply 306June 18, 2022 12:22 PM

Octopus Team or Otter Team?

Berreteami Team or SandSlut Team?

by Anonymousreply 307June 18, 2022 1:03 PM

I don't think Tommy is handsome. He isn't ugly but maybe a bit above average. You see guys like him walking around a lot.

by Anonymousreply 308June 18, 2022 1:05 PM

Tommy makes me think a little of Ryan Lochte.

by Anonymousreply 309June 18, 2022 1:25 PM

R309, yes lol

by Anonymousreply 310June 18, 2022 1:30 PM

Confirmed: Miss Naomi Osaka is out of Wimbledon!

by Anonymousreply 311June 18, 2022 1:50 PM

Please Hubie. You need to CRUSH Nutjob Nick.

This is literally Good Vs. Evil!

by Anonymousreply 312June 18, 2022 2:40 PM

EUGENIE BOUCHARD has pulled out of Wimbledon due to the lack of world ranking points on offer in SW19.

In a Twitter post, Bouchard said: “A quick update on my end, I have decided to withdraw from Wimbledon due to the WTA’s decision to not award ranking points at this year’s Championships.

“Due to my shoulder surgery, I get a limited number of protected ranking (PR) entries.

“As much as I love Wimbledon and skipping it makes me sad, using a PR entry at a tournament with no ranking points doesn’t make sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313June 18, 2022 2:57 PM

R304 Never knew Hubie had that good of a body. Really great physique

by Anonymousreply 314June 18, 2022 3:22 PM

Has Roger bailed too? I haven't been paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 315June 18, 2022 3:55 PM

Hurk has got COLOSSAL hands and you KNOW what that MEANS.

... and speak of the devil, he's just slapped Prick down with his ten pound floppy monster in the second set.

by Anonymousreply 316June 18, 2022 4:04 PM

Hubie team.

by Anonymousreply 317June 18, 2022 4:06 PM

Nick KygriFLOP!

by Anonymousreply 318June 18, 2022 4:56 PM

I’ve laid off Naomi during her mental struggles.

She’s becoming harder and harder to give a pass to. Now she’s skipping Wimbledon because of injury and the lack of points.

Well, which is it. She hasn’t figured out grass and said she has an injury, so I’m thinking there are probably not many points at stake for her.

Get it together. Play tennis (with regularly) or quit tennis. Right now, she’s more out than in and no longer seems like a threat.

by Anonymousreply 319June 18, 2022 5:23 PM

The problem with Osaka is her lack of ambition. She doesn't want to learn to play on grass or on clay, she is more than happy with her hard court skills.

Bouchard will never receive a wc on Wimbledon

by Anonymousreply 320June 18, 2022 6:24 PM

Serena and Jabeur will face Sorribes Tormo and Bouzkova

What's Raducanu's injury? she didn't play this week and she's not playing Eastbourne next week either

Medvedev and Kyrgios both playing all 3 weeks of grass as they're in the Mallorca draw

by Anonymousreply 321June 18, 2022 6:35 PM

I like the fact that one of the advertisers at Halle is Assmann.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 18, 2022 6:45 PM

... is no-one going to talk about the fact Krajinovic had a plump semi bursting through his shorts for that entire match.

Does he always have that?

The Dutch Getty Slut on this thread needs to some investigative reporting.

And Matteo better lock his cheeks up tight.

by Anonymousreply 323June 18, 2022 6:53 PM

With Genie out, guess Chrissie will have to pencil in someone else for the finals

by Anonymousreply 324June 18, 2022 7:41 PM

Yes, R323 it was almost obscene. I don’t think it was a semi just a very large and prominent bulge!

by Anonymousreply 325June 18, 2022 7:43 PM

What is going on with Anett Kontaveit? She’s basically disappeared and is RANKED #2?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 326June 18, 2022 7:45 PM

If Osaka doesn’t want to play who cares? It’s her decision. I say leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 327June 18, 2022 7:47 PM

Um, I, like, didn’t say I, um, don’t want to, um, play. I just feel like I kind of don’t know if I want to play.

I’m, um, thinking about maybe trying some therapy but don’t know. Maybe. Or not.

by Anonymousreply 328June 18, 2022 7:58 PM

Close. But every sentence should have ended with a question mark to hit the nail on the head.

by Anonymousreply 329June 18, 2022 9:50 PM

Tommy is CUTE with a great body. Handsome is different.

by Anonymousreply 330June 18, 2022 11:59 PM

R314 you really think the sharp DL gays didn't know Hubie was think and jacked when we accepted him as a boyfriend? Girl get with it.

by Anonymousreply 331June 19, 2022 12:01 AM

"thick"

by Anonymousreply 332June 19, 2022 12:01 AM

Jimmy Garoppolo is "handsome" in the sense of the word.

by Anonymousreply 333June 19, 2022 12:05 AM

Tommy is sexy but he needs to stay away from that loon Riley Opelka

by Anonymousreply 334June 19, 2022 4:53 AM

Naomi is free to not play if she doesn't want to. What I find annoying is people acting as though her inability to deal with the press conferences is truly some debilitating mental health issue and that she is some kind of heroine for playing only two months a year. Of course we now live in an age where anything a black person says or does is to be lauded as "brave", "iconic", "strong" and "fierce", so I have a suspicion that the same Twitter twats would be crucifying Naomi for her privilege if she had been a white player whining about press conferences.

by Anonymousreply 335June 19, 2022 6:26 AM

I'd really love to know what Naomi's sponsors think about all of this though.

Thiem too.

by Anonymousreply 336June 19, 2022 6:31 AM

But Thiem is trying. In fact the police went to his house recently because the neighbours complain about someone filming a porno right there, but the moans were only his noises at training

by Anonymousreply 337June 19, 2022 10:28 AM

Tommy needs to sit on my face. Then *I* will be the judge of how handsome he is.

by Anonymousreply 338June 19, 2022 10:33 AM

Rune is making friends, in an interview said that young Roger was 40 times worst than him (in behaviour). And even Roger was a piece or work i highly doubt he was worst than Rune at all

by Anonymousreply 339June 19, 2022 11:48 AM

I still remember watching Federer before it all clicked and he had a temper tantrum, smashing his racket which I haven't seen since but that's totally different to the kind of thing Rune does.

by Anonymousreply 340June 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Lloyd Glasspool: hunky doubles specialist and 'love rat' into final at Queen's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 19, 2022 12:04 PM

They are such a cute couple. Medvedev looks like he has a really long and thin dick while Hubi's dick is shorter but thicker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342June 19, 2022 12:52 PM

Medvedev's coach angrily left mid-match after being yelled at Daniil, whose wife has looked rather miserable at times today.

by Anonymousreply 343June 19, 2022 2:11 PM

Here, for any drama fans that missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 19, 2022 2:14 PM

HUBIE DOES IN HALLE!

by Anonymousreply 345June 19, 2022 2:14 PM

Just watched the Queen’s final and came straight here to check for any previous discussion of the Krajinovic bulge. I see it was noted upthread. You bitches don’t miss a thing.

by Anonymousreply 346June 19, 2022 2:22 PM

To be fair, it's hard to miss that big fat Serbian sausage bouncing all over the court.

by Anonymousreply 347June 19, 2022 2:23 PM

I've never liked Medvedev - he gives me vaguely sociopathic vibes for some reason. Unfair I know since he's a great tennis player but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 348June 19, 2022 2:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 19, 2022 2:34 PM

'The aim is to gather data from as many players as possible so we have the widest set of data to work from,' the ITIA said in a statement. 'Logistically it makes sense therefore to arrange this in advance once or twice a year, so we can test as many players as we can.

'Because we do this ABP testing on an ongoing basis - both with notice and no-notice - it does not make any difference if players know about it in advance. Adverse levels will show, either with this test or through in-competition or out of competition testing.'

However, Rob Parisotto, an Australian stem-cell scientist who pioneered the first test for EPO and was a member of cycling's expert ABP panel, says that the tennis authorities are potentially allowing cheats to escape detection by warning them they will have to provide a sample.

'The ITIA's statement is a remarkably egregious one,' Parisotto said. 'It does make a huge difference if testing is known in advance with regards to blood doping. A three- to four-day window before a tournament would be the ideal period to "top up" your blood volume to maximise oxygen-carrying capacity and therefore improve endurance and recovery capabilities.'

During the US Anti-Doping Agency's investigation into systematic doping by Armstrong, the cyclist's US Postal team-mates admitted they regularly manipulated their blood parameters using saline infusions when they knew they would be drug tested.

The ITF has also been accused of inflating its testing figures after it emerged that they count every sample taken during an individual doping control as a separate test. If a player submits blood, urine and blood-passport samples at the same time, it is counted as three tests rather than one.

The ITF's own official documents list these figures under 'tests per player', and not 'samples per player'. The testing data which The Mail on Sunday obtained for one Russian player, for example, who has been ranked in the top 20, shows that they were tested three times out of competition 2015. The ITF's official figures state they underwent at least seven.

In 2021, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic were tested nine, 12 and 13 times out of competition respectively, according to ITF statistics.

Former WADA president Dick Pound described the way the ITF collate their figures as 'misleading'. He said: 'I have always been suspicious of the federations that rely on the number of tests administered as opposed to targeting the highest risk players. They seek refuge in the statistics, saying, "Oh, we tested 1,000 players".'

Random out-of-competition doping tests increase the chances of catching competitors who choose to dope. In 2021, the ITF warned players that they would be tested for 16 per cent of all ABP tests. The agency says advanced notice of ABP testing presents players 'with a further challenge around how they deal with the prospect of a test in a few days'.

The ITIA states that for all regular urine and blood testing, samples were collected with no advance notice.

The ITF has never sanctioned a player for abnormalities in their ABP nor for an EPO positive. At most, two in-competition ABP tests were performed at grand slams in 2021, effectively meaning the organisation did not use its ABP to gauge whether players were blood doping at the sport's most important tournaments. It did, however, test directly for EPO.

The ITF's fight against doping has often been under scrutiny over the past 20 years. In 2016, Federer revealed that he had been tested only once in 10 years during offseason warm weather training in Dubai.

Similarly, in testing data obtained by this newspaper, eight Russian players, who were given special approval to compete at the 2016 Olympics despite their country's state-run doping programme, were not tested at all in the 2014 and 2015 off-seasons.

by Anonymousreply 350June 19, 2022 2:36 PM

Sapstead took charge of the ITIA having been director of operations at UKAD when it allowed British Cycling to perform its own 'unofficial' drug tests after a British Olympic cyclist tested positive for trace amounts of steroids around the time of the 2012 London Olympics.

WADA found UKAD's actions were 'inconsistent' with the WADA rules after The Mail on Sunday unearthed the allegations last year.

by Anonymousreply 351June 19, 2022 2:36 PM

Yeah, I have long assumed that tennis is soft on doping given what kind of testing they do. The rumors that they give players 'silent bans' haven't helped.

by Anonymousreply 352June 19, 2022 2:39 PM

Disappointing morning for women's finals with both Bencic and Zhang retiring with injuries.

by Anonymousreply 353June 19, 2022 2:53 PM

Favourite thing about Queens has been Sue Barker shamelessly wanting to shag Berresteami, today Sue mentioned the fan proposing to Berredreami yesterday and Andrew Castle said 'and we can now reveal that it was you', Sue threw her head back roaring laughing ... after the trophy presentation she was on court and Matteo gingerly came over for another interview, she made bloody sure he was welcome, at the end he said 'I heard about your career, congratulations and good luck for the rest of your beautiful life' ... she absolutely melted.

by Anonymousreply 354June 19, 2022 3:42 PM

Some great speeches by Ons and Belinda and Barbara Rittner (the tournament director and a former WTA player).

by Anonymousreply 355June 19, 2022 4:07 PM

Berretini could win Stuttgart, Queen’s and Wimbledon and would still drop out of the top 20 in the rankings. And if Nadal wins Wimbledon, thereby sweeping the year’s first 3 majors, he’d still be #4. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 356June 19, 2022 4:19 PM

Man, watch Hubie win Wimbledon. That would be so sweet, so lovely. Rooting for Nole, but Hubie winning would be really cool.

by Anonymousreply 357June 19, 2022 5:13 PM

Given the state of the WTA, I wouldn't be at all surprised if an unprepared, out-of-shape Serena lumbered her way to the title.

by Anonymousreply 358June 19, 2022 5:19 PM

Interesting that there's a DLer who's a fan of both Djokovic and Hurkacz. I'd have thought that the two groups were almost entirely contradictory, like being a carnivore and a vegan, or a warmonger and a peacemaker.

by Anonymousreply 359June 19, 2022 6:17 PM

definitely did not expect Haddad Maia to dominate the grass season lol with 2 titles (her first 2 singles titles btw). Her win over Halep today is impressive

I'm surprised that Swiatek chose not to play any grass events before Wimbledon. As dominate as she's been I won't be surprised if her win streak comes to an end at Wimbledon especially if she runs into a big server and hitter

Berrettini's comeback from injury has been so impressive with his 2 grass title wins. He has to be top 5 favorite for Wimbledon now.

Hurkacz had a good win today too over Medvedev and he'll be in contention for Wimbledon too. I expect him to at least back up his QF showing last year

by Anonymousreply 360June 19, 2022 8:20 PM

*as dominant as she's been

by Anonymousreply 361June 19, 2022 8:21 PM

I noticed the Kraj bulge a couple days ago....you bitches need to notice these things

by Anonymousreply 362June 19, 2022 9:24 PM

I noticed it, too. Interesting choice in tight shorts.

I mean, I get wanting to show it off for certain people. But the thought that your mom couldn’t help but focus on your dick…

by Anonymousreply 363June 19, 2022 10:33 PM

link you lazy hos

by Anonymousreply 364June 19, 2022 10:38 PM

Russian Player Changes Nationality To Avoid Wimbledon Ban - Report

A Russian tennis player has avoided a Wimbledon ban on all competitors from her country by changing her nationality to Georgian, according to a report in The Times newspaper.

Natela Dzalamidze, a 29-year-old doubles player ranked No 44 in the world, will compete in the women's doubles with Serbia's Aleksandra Krunic when the tournament starts on June 27.

Wimbledon organisers the All England Club announced in April that players from Russia and Belarus would be barred from competing this year following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

But an All England Club spokesman told The Times they were powerless to interfere in Dzalamidze's change of nationality, as this was a matter for the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) and the International Tennis Federation (ITF), and that she had satisfied the entry requirements.

"Player nationality, defined as the flag they play under at professional events, is an agreed process that is governed by tours and the ITF," the spokesman said.

Wimbledon's ban on players from Russia and Belarus provoked a hostile reaction elsewhere in the tennis world, with the WTA and the ATP, its male equivalent, stripping the tournament of ranking points.

None of the other Grand Slam tournaments have followed Wimbledon's lead, with the US Open announcing last week that Russian and Belarus players will be allowed to compete under a neutral flag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2022 12:35 AM

If the other slams had done that, I bet we'd have seen more defecting. That chick does have a Georgian first and second name so it probably wasn't very hard to switch.

by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2022 12:57 AM

I bet the Hubie dong is at least 8 thick

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote] That chick does have a Georgian first and second name

Nutella!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 20, 2022 12:59 AM

The players who sold themselves to Kazakhstan may be thinking 'good choice' now. Rybakina is 100% Russian, for example.

by Anonymousreply 369June 20, 2022 1:16 AM

Is Ree Ree back on the juice? Has she stepped out of her panic room to "practice" for Wimbledon?

by Anonymousreply 370June 20, 2022 6:50 AM

R262 that sounds like a Nadal match, just add an extra set

by Anonymousreply 371June 20, 2022 7:02 AM

Interesting this new 4 day rule. They're not even pretending that tennis is a clean sport any more. And now they'll be able to go on cycles and do stronger stuff. I read this recent thing with Alcaraz and it doesn't take much reading between the lines. I don't think he's the only one, either, but it's just so accepted now.

Q: What can you eat during a week with no tournament that you can’t when you’re competing?

A: There aren’t many changes. The only thing that changes is supplements. In pre-season, for example, I have more, but that’s it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 20, 2022 10:22 AM

Is Masha Cuntapova going to make a comeback to take advantage of the relaxed testing rules or is she still struggling with a weak heart?

by Anonymousreply 373June 20, 2022 1:32 PM

R372 This makes me sad. Alcaraz is one of my favorite new players.

by Anonymousreply 374June 20, 2022 1:40 PM

Fucking hell. Bublik on court in Eastbournelooking like he slept in a dumpster!

by Anonymousreply 375June 20, 2022 2:28 PM

Bublik team or Tiafoe team?

by Anonymousreply 376June 20, 2022 2:42 PM

There is zero evidence that Alcaraz is juicing. Love all these old queens who don’t realize that someone his age can easily add serious muscle.

by Anonymousreply 377June 20, 2022 4:13 PM

The Alcaraz juicing stuff came after be beat my foot hurts boy.

by Anonymousreply 378June 20, 2022 4:17 PM

I just assume that all top players are doing it..

So, Osaka left IMG in May and launched her own sports agency, EVOLVE, with longtime agent Stuart Duguid.

Guess who the first client to sign with Naomi Osaka and Stuart Duguid’s agency EVOLVE is?

Nick Kyrgios!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 20, 2022 4:32 PM

The most annoying men's and women's players - neither of whom have any interest in playing tennis unless everything is completely on their terms - under the same agency! Inspired!

by Anonymousreply 380June 20, 2022 4:48 PM

I know, I was thinking that IMG probably didn't want to deal with Naomi's shit any more but now she has her own agency for players like her!

by Anonymousreply 381June 20, 2022 4:52 PM

R377, actually anyone can if they know what they’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 382June 20, 2022 4:55 PM

So this will be an agency for tennis players who don't actually play tennis?

by Anonymousreply 383June 20, 2022 4:56 PM

^Or mental midgets united.

by Anonymousreply 384June 20, 2022 6:07 PM

JD (Jack Draper) absolutely stamps all over JB (Jenson Brooksby) in Eastbourne: 6-2 6-2

That was seriously impressive.

by Anonymousreply 385June 20, 2022 6:18 PM

La Monf, almost 36 and still in fantastic shape...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 20, 2022 6:21 PM

R379 who are they going to sign next? Holger Rune??

by Anonymousreply 387June 20, 2022 7:24 PM

Rune is the golden boy of IMG, he was mister wc for a reason

by Anonymousreply 388June 20, 2022 7:27 PM

tomorrow is the day!!!!

Serena returns!

by Anonymousreply 389June 20, 2022 7:47 PM

I hope she’s at least put some effort into her conditioning

by Anonymousreply 390June 20, 2022 7:55 PM

she's fatter than ever.

by Anonymousreply 391June 20, 2022 7:57 PM

This doesn't sound too promising:

At Eastbourne. Just been told that Serena Williams has cancelled her practice for today, according to the tournament she is 'having the day off'.

by Anonymousreply 392June 20, 2022 8:05 PM

Wow bought into the Brooksby is the next great American - can't miss - and he can't produce shit. Get rid of the childhood coach. He started losing steam when he lost to Opelka in the Dallas final.

by Anonymousreply 393June 20, 2022 8:11 PM

so far Brooksby only seems to play well on hardcourts. He was horrible during the clay season too

by Anonymousreply 394June 20, 2022 8:13 PM

So this Wimbledon has to be Serena's farewell tour; I'll be surprised if she plays the US Open. I mean never say never, but I think that's all she wrote.

by Anonymousreply 395June 20, 2022 10:08 PM

Yeah, it feels so unlikely that she will have regained the form she once had. Who knows, but if she made it through a few rounds, it could add to the storylines.

by Anonymousreply 396June 20, 2022 10:34 PM

[quote]she's fatter than ever

link pls

by Anonymousreply 397June 20, 2022 10:39 PM

R397. just you wait and see LOL.

She ain't winning nothing.

by Anonymousreply 398June 20, 2022 10:42 PM

Her ass looks pretty big in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 20, 2022 11:00 PM

Has her ass ever looked small?

by Anonymousreply 400June 20, 2022 11:02 PM

You two are bigger asses than she has r399 r400.

by Anonymousreply 401June 20, 2022 11:54 PM

Serena's ass is almost as legendary as her serve--and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure she'll have both until the day she dies. She can still hit some scorching shots, too. But she can't move, and I don't think that there's anything she can do about that, not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 402June 21, 2022 12:00 AM

R399 here R401. Not a hater at all, simply posting for the person above who asked for a link to her being fat. I don't think she's fat, but she's clearly not in prime shape to compete. Bodies change as we age and her ass and boobs are definitely bigger than they used to be. It's not easy to haul that extra weight around in a sport that requires speed, sudden stops/starts and changes of direction, not to mention the overall rustiness of not playing for a year.

Extra weight is also factor in injuring yourself more easily when exercising.

by Anonymousreply 403June 21, 2022 12:19 AM

Recently I've had trouble watching her matches because of all the anxiety she has displayed while on court. I think she has more doubt in herself now than ever before, and probably has wanted retire for a while. I can see that she didn't want to retire through the world's distraction with Covid, and now if she can just get one of the two remaining slams this year she will retire with her name in the headlines and hopefully a transference of her icon status to her off court pursuits.

by Anonymousreply 404June 21, 2022 12:32 AM

I read a few more of those ATP 'Food Court' interviews after Alcaraz's was posted above, and I'm howling at Grigor:

[quote]Is there something you don’t like seeing on the plate and if so, why?

[quote]I cannot eat bananas. I just cannot stand bananas. That’s the one fruit I just completely can’t. I’m a very good eater, but this is something that I don’t deal too well with.

by Anonymousreply 405June 21, 2022 12:56 AM

[bold] top 100 Russian and Belarussian players who won't be in the Wimbledon main draw: [/bold]

[bold] ATP-5 players [/bold]

#1 Medvedev

#8 Rublev

#22 Khachanov

#49 Ivashka

#43 Karatsev

[bold] WTA-11 players [/bold]

#6 Sabalenka

#13 Kasatkina

#20 Azarenka

#22 Kudermetova

#28 Alexandrova

#34 Sasnovich

#47 Samsonova

#69 Gracheva

#78 Kalinskaya

#83 Pavlyuchenkova

#87 Potapova

[bold] top 200 Russian and Belarussian players not in the Wimbledon qualies draw: [/bold]

[bold] ATP-4 players [/bold]

#130 Kotov

#141 Gerasimov

#148 Safiullin

#173 Shevchenko

[bold] WTA-11 players [/bold]

#111 Rakhimova

#115 Diatchenko

#122 Blinkova

#133 Avanesyan

#140 Gasanova

#143 Zvonareva

#159 Zakharova

#166 Amdreeva

#170 Tikhonova

#179 Selekhmeteva

#188 Melnikova

Especially on the women's side since there are more absentees compared to the men, this could definitely result in lower ranked players we've never heard of breaking through the qualies and even some rounds of the main draw

by Anonymousreply 406June 21, 2022 1:24 AM

I can certainly assist young Grigor in overcoming his aversion to bananas. I will coach for free.

by Anonymousreply 407June 21, 2022 1:44 AM

notable rd1 qualie losers (only men played today)

Simon lost to #236 Duje Ajdukovic 2-6 3-6

Pospisil lost to #184 Dalibor Svrcina 4-6 4-6

Sela lost to !20 Zdenek Kolar 0-6 3-6

Escobedo lost to #282 Zhizhen Zhang 4-6 5-7

by Anonymousreply 408June 21, 2022 2:34 AM

Both Alcaraz and Auger Aliassime have matured physically from gangly teens into butch 25 year olds in just the last 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 409June 21, 2022 3:40 AM

R409 They are both connected to the no.1 doper in tennis, Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 410June 21, 2022 3:46 AM

^eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 411June 21, 2022 4:37 AM

Is that a bitter Gramps fan @r410?

by Anonymousreply 412June 21, 2022 6:30 AM

Korda withdraws from Wimbledon with shin splints

by Anonymousreply 413June 21, 2022 6:47 AM

Calm down, Mary! @ R401.

I like big asses on men. On women, not so much. Actually, I don't really like any woman's ass.

by Anonymousreply 414June 21, 2022 10:55 AM

Cheeky Essex Boy, Ryan PENISton, spanks Rune's bratty ass in Eastbourne!

by Anonymousreply 415June 21, 2022 12:10 PM

I am glad some of you are waking up on Alcaraz. The photos don't lie.

It's incredible the World No. 1 is banned from Wimbledon because of his nationality, with him not being involved in any way in his country's politics. Shameful episode.

I don't know btw why Medvedev never changed nationality. He stated that the Russian federation never helped him much and was about to switch to Kazakhstan. He's been living most of his life in France and his parents even said they wanted him to play for France. Mystery. He gains nothing by playing for Russia.

by Anonymousreply 416June 21, 2022 1:57 PM

R416, is his wife Russian? Maybe she still has a lot of relatives there and might be affected.

by Anonymousreply 417June 21, 2022 2:32 PM

Waking up on Alcaraz? Have you never know an athlete his age and watched the difference good eating and hard work in the weight room does for their physiques?

I have. Alcaraz is not at all unusual.

by Anonymousreply 418June 21, 2022 2:48 PM

What are you talking about, R409? Felix looks the same as usual and has been out of his teens for a couple of years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419June 21, 2022 2:52 PM

R417 Yes, she is.

R418 It's biologically impossible to develop that amount of muscle mass with that vascularity and 3D definition in just 3 months of "good diet" in the off season. That kid is a walking pharmacy.

by Anonymousreply 420June 21, 2022 2:59 PM

Djokovic and Nadal are the No. 1 and 2 seeds for Wimbledon. Berrettini is no. 8.

by Anonymousreply 421June 21, 2022 3:13 PM

Brooksby is learning on grass and clay- only comfortable on hardcourts. He’s a good player but not a future slam champ- non of the Americans are- maybe Korda.

by Anonymousreply 422June 21, 2022 3:59 PM

Anyone know what these (what appear to be) stickers on Serena's face might be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 21, 2022 4:20 PM

Doesn't look like they're on in this pic. Love the looks on their faces. Ons looks happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 21, 2022 4:30 PM

Serena's ass is ginormous, people weren't exaggerating. It's hard to take your eyes off how huge it is.

by Anonymousreply 425June 21, 2022 4:33 PM

she hasn't been working on her game. she spends more time in the kitchen. She's only gotten worse with time. it's not like she's in the gym or tennis court every day practicing etc...

not expecting anything from her.

by Anonymousreply 426June 21, 2022 4:36 PM

I hope Serena shows up with the nicest aerial tutu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427June 21, 2022 4:46 PM

R420, you’re insane.

I had a friend around that age who ate a protein-rich diet and listed weights and got way bigger than Carlos. Way bigger. And I know for sure he didn’t use.

It’s such a lazy accusation.

by Anonymousreply 428June 21, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote]They are both connected to the no.1 doper in tennis, Nadal.

We'll be happy to review the evidence whenever you manage to bring even a shred forward.

by Anonymousreply 429June 21, 2022 5:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 21, 2022 5:19 PM

Serena and Ons won 13-11 in the third.

by Anonymousreply 431June 21, 2022 7:29 PM

Serena made some really great shots in that final tiebreak. Still looks a step slower than she needs to be to go deep at Wimbledon but the shots are there.

by Anonymousreply 432June 21, 2022 7:31 PM

Serena really should not have won that match.

But, she came through in the end.

by Anonymousreply 433June 21, 2022 8:23 PM

Four-time major champion Naomi Osaka is launching a new media company -- Hana Kuma -- in partnership with NBA star LeBron James' SpringHill Company, she announced on Tuesday. Osaka said that Hana Kuma, which translates to "flower bear" in Japanese, will focus on culturally specific stories -- but also have universal messages. Those stories, she said, would be "bold and playful," like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 21, 2022 9:19 PM

Joe Salisbury needs to sit on my face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 21, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote] Four-time major champion Naomi Osaka is launching a new media company -- Hana Kuma

I’m suing.

by Anonymousreply 436June 21, 2022 9:29 PM

God that Naomi bitch just um, like grates my fucking nerves.

by Anonymousreply 437June 21, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote] Hana Kuma

Hama, yeah, K, um, a. Like yeah.

by Anonymousreply 438June 21, 2022 9:31 PM

Honna MonleeKOHva

by Anonymousreply 439June 21, 2022 9:39 PM

Shirtless Matteo with his cup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440June 21, 2022 10:06 PM

Paging DL mole patroll (spelling intentional).

The stickers were back during the match. Any guesses? Did she have something removed? There appears to be two moles on her other cheek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 21, 2022 10:08 PM

Lovely Matteo

by Anonymousreply 442June 21, 2022 10:14 PM

Iga can't be straight. she walks like a man, so unladylike!

by Anonymousreply 443June 21, 2022 10:17 PM

Does anyone on here watch Tennis Channel?

I could have sworn that when the French was played in the fall of 2020, Martina N said something about Iga having a partner (female). Does anyone else remember this?

by Anonymousreply 444June 22, 2022 1:50 AM

[quote] Does anyone on here watch Tennis Channel?

Nobody here on the Gays and Tennis threads watches the Tennis Channel.

by Anonymousreply 445June 22, 2022 2:37 AM

I don't remember but I loved it when Martina N. told Johnny Mac to STFU!

by Anonymousreply 446June 22, 2022 4:22 AM

R444 Don't give too much weight to her words for those issues.

She probably thinks that everyone on WTA tour is just like her

by Anonymousreply 447June 22, 2022 6:23 AM

Hana Man-LICK-ova

Helena SUCK-ova

Rennata To-MAN-ova

Daniela Han-TUCK-ova

Martina HINGE-is

Sylvia MAN-ika

Claudia Kody KILLs

Bettine BUNGEE

Pascal PARADISE

Wendy Turnbulldyke

Tracy Awfulova

by Anonymousreply 448June 22, 2022 6:51 AM

Day 2 qualies (women played today)

only notable loss:

Errani lost to #123 Mirjam Bjorklund 4-6 7-6(7) 6(6)-7

by Anonymousreply 449June 22, 2022 7:04 AM

Poor Errani. It’s time she found someone tall enough to hang her racquet up for her.

by Anonymousreply 450June 22, 2022 7:37 AM

Is Errani the drug cheat who claimed that her sick mom's cancer medicine accidentally fell into her tortellini somehow and she ate it which is why she showed up positive for banned substances? Or was that some other Italian?

by Anonymousreply 451June 22, 2022 7:43 AM

Is the world's worst tennis commentator still single? How long has it been since her Grand Canyon admitted visitors?

by Anonymousreply 452June 22, 2022 7:45 AM

Yep, thats her, r451.

by Anonymousreply 453June 22, 2022 10:34 AM

The Spanish Armada lower ranked players are losing the qualifying rounds of Wimbledon. Same goes for the Latin American players. The homogenity of the tour continues, where 90 % of the competing players are from eastern europe, aka shithole homophobic countries. Makes it hard to watch and hard to root for them. Thank god Wimbledon banned the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 454June 22, 2022 11:58 AM

Brazil's Haddad Maia is having a great run though, 11 match winning streak on grass. She's quick on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 455June 22, 2022 12:05 PM

Regarding the men's qualifying draw or the players entered for the main draw, kindly point out "where 90% of the competing players are from eastern europe". And since when have the Spanish Armada or Latin American players made a collective good showing at Wimbledon? Most of them have always been allergic to grass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456June 22, 2022 1:42 PM

R456 was for R454...

by Anonymousreply 457June 22, 2022 1:43 PM

There are definitely photographs of Alcaraz where he looks roidy, but for the most part he looks normal. Tennis players surely don't take roids for muscle growth, or if they do it's micro-dosing, because with all the racket swinging, never mind the weight lifting, you'd think they'd have blown up shoulders. Actually I don't understand why their delts are always surprisingly scrawny.

Whether he takes other enhancements is another story :(

But anyway, I still like him because he really does have a champions attitude - confident but respectful and actually ENJOYS tennis can you believe it ... no tantrums, always cheerful, even when he loses ... even when he lost to beanpole, he sprang over to the net and joyously planted his nose in Sascha's pit :)

by Anonymousreply 458June 22, 2022 1:57 PM

R458 This is why I prefer watching Spanish players. They are always gay friendly. I mean... they come from gay af Spain, where "everyone" is gay, so I guess they're used to it.

by Anonymousreply 459June 22, 2022 2:12 PM

Maxime Cressy is my new favourite player. What a beautiful looking man and great grass court player and he wears short, shorts!!!!!!

I can't find a decent pic tho to upload

by Anonymousreply 460June 22, 2022 2:22 PM

Paul team or Sinner team?

Bublik team or Millman team?

Lil’ Diego team or Draper team?

Martinez team or Penis-ton team?

by Anonymousreply 461June 22, 2022 3:06 PM

Boyfriend Tommy Team always

by Anonymousreply 462June 22, 2022 3:37 PM

Pretty Paul, Macho Millman, Dreamy Draper and PENISton Teams

(tho I do find Pedro Martinez sultrily sexy)

by Anonymousreply 463June 22, 2022 3:56 PM

I love all the white attire. You can see a lot !

by Anonymousreply 464June 22, 2022 4:01 PM

I've decided that my sexuality is Jack Draper's forehand!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 22, 2022 4:51 PM

Serena and Ons with a much more straightforward victory today, 2 & 4. Anyone see the match? Did Serena look more comfortable on court today.

by Anonymousreply 466June 22, 2022 8:58 PM

She looked great r466. Ons played better today than yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 467June 22, 2022 9:20 PM

R466 still looks a little slow but she doesn't need to be as fast for doubles. Serena came up with several clutch serves on break points. Her shot selections were overall pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 468June 22, 2022 9:22 PM

Is anyone sick of the commercials they play on tennis channel?

by Anonymousreply 469June 22, 2022 10:10 PM

Oh, dear God, R469.

That bitch declining her first job offer and sniffing 'I know what I'm worth" works my very last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 470June 22, 2022 10:15 PM

Serena looked less rusty today and Jabeur was a lot less nervous

this is really good practice for Serena. Sure she'll have to move a lot more in singles but if she can end points quickly that will help

by Anonymousreply 471June 22, 2022 10:42 PM

Early in today’s match, Serena was serving slowly. The commentators on TC noted that those serves wouldn’t fly at Wimbledon. (I thought she was serving well enough to compete in legends tennis.)

But as that match moved on, she dialed in her serve.

by Anonymousreply 472June 22, 2022 11:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 23, 2022 12:37 AM

‘I did one of his matches in 1981 as what we called a ‘court captain’ I was on the side of the court, but not actually part of the line crew. He noticed me for some reason, and asked the umpire what I was doing there.

‘He couldn’t seem to get me out of his head and made more remarks about me being on court. I ended up being asked to leave, which was annoying, but there was not much I could do.

‘But I wouldn’t say anyone has lost it with me. You have to try and be cool when they look you in the face, you are told not to respond. Others like Borg, Federer and Nadal, never a problem, real gentlemen.

‘Connors could be difficult as well but you have to say the crowd loved to see them, and enjoyed it when they blew up. As a crew we never talked about it beforehand, but you could feel a bit more tension and adrenaline before those matches.

‘I had an incident with Nick Kyrgios when he tried to hit the ball back to the ballkid, misdirected it and it hit me on the forehead. It took me by surprise but was never a default situation. He actually apologised and asked me if I was alright.’

There have also been moments of slapstick, such as when he fell from the umpire’s chair when officiating a clay court match on the lower level Futures circuit.

‘The technique is that you have to keep your eye on the mark you are inspecting on clay when the player asks you to check. I came down the chair staring at it, lost my footing and fell off, the whole court found it hilarious.’

His personal highlight was the heady afternoon in 2013, when he had the best seat in the house for Murray becoming the first British male champion in 77 years at Wimbledon.

‘It was a blistering hot day and the atmosphere was brilliant. I’m always apprehensive about making a mistake, you are obviously hoping Andy would win but would never be biased. Andy was incredibly focussed that day. Some days he can be a bit distracted but this time he was so keyed in. The crowd was amazing, it was electric. I never thought he was going to lose on the day and I will always remember that.’

Tennis has, naturally, changed enormously in his time and so has the world of line-judging, now far more professionalised. An example is that his level of official will be paid £182 per day for working at Wimbledon this year, plus allowances for such things as dry cleaning.

As in football the development of technology has brought with it incumbent pressures. Mistakes made when judging hairline decisions, often with a tennis ball landing at speeds of more than 100mph, are instantly highlighted on big screens.

‘Last week at Queen’s I got what we call ‘Hawkeyed’ - I got a couple of close ones wrong, but you have to try and blank it out and you try not to react whatever the screen shows. Your heart is always a bit in your mouth when it gets referred. The umpire will mark you after every match, but it doesn’t necessarily get counted against you if you missed a very close one.’

He cheerfully accepts the rough with the smooth of the modern world, but is more concerned about the trend of big tournaments - such as the Australian and US Opens - using technology to replace line judges altogether.

by Anonymousreply 474June 23, 2022 12:37 AM

It does worry me how it is going to affect recruitment at the lower levels. People join up because their ultimate goal is to work the big events. If that is taken away a lot of people will leave, and that is going to affect things like club and county level or the lowest rungs of the circuit.

‘It might save big tournaments money but the grass roots will suffer. I hope Wimbledon and the French don’t do it. It won’t affect me but it could be damaging.’

He will always be able to look back on a phenomenally long career among the sport’s essential supporting cast.

‘I’m really going to miss the camaraderie and the friends I have made. My eyes are still good but my legs get quite sore now so I think it’s time to finish,’ says Liddle, who this weekend will receive a long service award from the Lawn Tennis Association.

‘Only a small percentage can make a living out of this. I’ve met so many interesting people, including players, but there have also been airline pilots, actors, navy, those from every walk of life, it has been a wonderful thing to do.’

by Anonymousreply 475June 23, 2022 12:38 AM

Serena Williams and Ons Jabeur. Two Africans joined at the (very wide) hip I see.

by Anonymousreply 476June 23, 2022 1:55 AM

The Tennis Channel, which no one here watches, is making far too much of Serena's "return" to tennis.

by Anonymousreply 477June 23, 2022 2:14 AM

Why Martinez/Peniston match suspensded?

by Anonymousreply 478June 23, 2022 2:16 AM

R478 Fading light

by Anonymousreply 479June 23, 2022 8:14 AM

ATP to allow off-court coaching on trial basis, starting with events held after Wimbledon concludes

The ATP announced on Tuesday it will allow off-court coaching during the second half of the season on a trial basis. Starting with events held after the conclusion of Wimbledon in July, coaches will be allowed to sit in designated seats and provide verbal and non-verbal coaching (hand signals) during qualifying and main draw matches.

The trial will run through the year-end ATP Finals in November, and will include the US Open.

"Various coaching rules have been trialed across the sport in recent years, including on-court coaching and coaching via headsets," the ATP said in a statement. "Today's announcement brings alignment for the second half of the season across the ATP Tour, US Open and WTA Tour, where an off-court coaching trial is already in place."

The trial stipulates that coaches must not disrupt play or hinder their opponent, and allows verbal coaching only when the player is on the same end of the court and must be limited to a few words or short phrases. Coaches are still not allowed to speak to their player if and when they leave the court, and penalties are still applicable.

Several past and present players have been outspoken about their desire for coaching to be allowed, including world No. 6 Stefanos Tsitsipas. "My opinion on that is that coaching should be allowed, there should be certain regulations and certain ways to enhance it into players performance without it becoming too much," he said in 2021.

On Tuesday, ESPN analyst and former player Brad Gilbert tweeted, "Finally," about the news and called it, "long overdue."

But not everyone was enthused about the trial. "There are still players who can't afford to have a coach travel with them," former player Amer Delic tweeted. "What happens in that case?"

Andy Roddick, the 2003 US Open champion, added "Some players share coaches so brings in tough scheduling conflicts as well."

The ATP will assess the trial following the end of the season to determine if such coaching will be allowed on tour going forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 23, 2022 12:18 PM

Serena and Ons are out. Ons injured her right knee

by Anonymousreply 481June 23, 2022 12:34 PM

Bummer r481. It was fun watching them play together.

by Anonymousreply 482June 23, 2022 12:36 PM

Tsitsy team or Giron team?

by Anonymousreply 483June 23, 2022 1:59 PM

Giron team! He's been in a slump for a while (not as bad as shitty Shapo) but lately he's playing better again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 23, 2022 2:19 PM

Draper v. Cressy tomorrow in a battle of hotties.

by Anonymousreply 485June 23, 2022 2:37 PM

Rafael Nadal and Matteo Berrettini made history this lunchtime by being allowed a 45-minute practice on the Centre Court, the first time this has ever happened on a Thursday before the tournament.

The idea is to slightly break in the surface and try to minimise the slipping and sliding often seen in the early rounds.

The decision comes after incidents in recent years which have seen players struggle to keep their footing on the slick virgin surface.

by Anonymousreply 486June 23, 2022 4:11 PM

Virgin surface!? Blasphemy!

by Anonymousreply 487June 23, 2022 4:29 PM

RBA having a good week in Mallorca: beats Medvedev in straight sets to progress through to the semis.

by Anonymousreply 488June 23, 2022 5:06 PM

R488, during that match, the commentators had a distinctly sarcastic edge when they called Meddy the “World No. 1.”

by Anonymousreply 489June 23, 2022 5:19 PM

This thread has been pay walled. Here's the new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490June 24, 2022 3:56 AM

The absence of the Russians is a boon for Serena. None of them would have won but lots more players who are threats to take her out in the early rounds.

by Anonymousreply 491June 24, 2022 9:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!