Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why in the hell was Matthew McConaughey speaking from the White House press podium earlier today?

Who in the hell is HE, all of a sudden?

Also he was way over the top.

Too much acting.

What in the fuck is going on with this?

Why in the HELL is Hollywood getting involved in politics?

This is bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2022 12:09 AM

From the pic I thought that was an aging lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2022 11:37 PM

Hollywood getting involved in politics is something you are just aware of? Where do you live? Under a rock?

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2022 11:38 PM

Apparently he's from Uvaide.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2022 11:38 PM

Way too much.

I've never seen this before.

He doesn't belong on that podium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2022 11:38 PM

He's probably thinking about getting into politics. I think there was a rumor in Austin a while back that he was going to run for something.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2022 11:45 PM

Even so R5, the question is what was he doing in the WHITE HOUSE podium speaking?

It was shocking to see.

No one but the White House Press Secretary should be speaking from that podium. Period.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2022 11:47 PM

Again, I can only say this here... but he has been itching to get into politics. This happened in his hometown to innocent, beautiful Mexican kids. His wife is very mestizo.

This is the best thing that could happen to him.

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2022 11:49 PM

He should have held his own press conference in Texas.

Bringing him to the White House podium is highly unusual.

It makes the whole thing political.

The people who need to hear his message will probably tune out, because they will think he is speaking on behalf of the Biden Administration.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2022 12:05 AM

[quote] Also he was way over the top.

If 19 children being blown to unrecognizable bits is not occasion to rise up and be over the top, then what is?

[quote]This is bullshit!

You’re heartless.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2022 12:12 AM

Dear Matthew...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2022 12:18 AM

Obviously, he got some Dem deal to do it.

Wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2022 12:20 AM

OP, uh...there's this a-hole named Donald Trump. Ya heard of him?

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2022 12:25 AM

Typical Hollywood stunt, they live in gated communities, away from the crime and the realities of daily living. Their only concern is their next role, or perhaps where is their drug delivery, the dealer is fifteen minutes late.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2022 12:30 AM

DAMN. His glasses are at least an inch thick.

He must be legally blind.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2022 12:33 AM

I thought he was fantastic. He is from Uvalde and as a concerned citizen with a huge megaphone by dint of his celebrity and connection, shouldn't we welcome his assistance?

You all sound like people wanting to lose every argument, yet feel pious having colored inside the lines!

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2022 12:34 AM

This is why Democrats can't have nice things. Stupid and crass to allow him up there.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2022 12:34 AM

He was beautiful. A very moving and effective speech.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2022 12:35 AM

He made the smart pivot for us all to "sensible gun ownership". Away from the fruitless, "gun control".

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2022 1:07 AM

Go to hell OP.

Anything to stop the killing of innocent CHILDREN is fine by me.

“Conservatives” are heartless. I can never imagine not caring one bit that children are being massacred. Right wing people are so disgusting and evil.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2022 1:12 AM

This is a low point for this administration. R19, I agree in principle but it’s not like this is going to do anything.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2022 1:20 AM

He lost his looks about two decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2022 1:23 AM

OP must have missed BTS at the White House last week, if this triggers him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2022 1:25 AM

trump's people did this too so whatev

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2022 1:26 AM

BT-WHO?

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2022 1:27 AM

[quote] OP must have missed BTS at the White House last week, if this triggers him.

So now the White House is being used for Hollywood p.r. events?

I've never seen anything like it before.

It's as if the White House is being WHORED out to Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2022 1:30 AM

Calm your tits! There is nothing sacred about speaking from the White House Podium. People are often invited to speak from it. Usually POTUS is there with them, but there is nothing "wrong" about people speaking there if their message is welcomed by the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2022 6:31 AM

He has every right to make a public speech but why the fuck is the White House giving him THEIR podium?

It's ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2022 6:45 AM

I agree -it is just disgusting for Hollywood to even think about politics!

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2022 6:53 AM

He's sincere. And he's acting. It's a moving speech, moderate in it's demands. McConaughey wants to be Governor of Texas. Everyone knows that. The New (old) Republicans are needed, but they're going to have to wait until the present ones in power are dead. By which time, so will most of the rest of us be.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2022 7:00 AM

What are you doing Matthew? Hollywood celebrities have never been in politics before!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2022 7:03 AM

His speech completely ignored the fact that it is REPUBLICANS who are against ANY kind of gun control measures no matter how ineffective.

It was full of bothsiderisms. And it is NOT both sides.

Therefore, he was not really speaking for those kids. He was positioning himself politically and using those kids to do it. Oh sure, he had some good sound bytes, but that’s all they were because he completely ducked putting the blame where it belonged.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2022 7:06 AM

McConaughey went to DC with a March for our Lives group to lobby Senators to pass Chris Murphy's gun control legislation. Biden and Pelosi wanted him to speak in the press briefing. So he did. Very moving speech, infuriating every rightwing troll on Twitter... who are suddenly invading the DL. Honestly, do they think DLers are gunslingers? FFS

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2022 7:06 AM

[quote]Why in the HELL is Hollywood getting involved in politics?

I know OP. It's a terrible brand new thing!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2022 7:11 AM

R33 next thing we know reality TV game show hosts will be running for Prez!

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2022 7:12 AM

I loved the speech by Matthew McConaughey! He is an actor and not a politician (yet). Personally, I would've liked it better if he called out Republicans, but it was his speech and he was free to say what he wanted. Besides, I don't think his speech would've been as well received had he called them out.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2022 7:13 AM

R35 A Houston Chronicle reporter was pointing out McConaughey has never been overtly political like so many Hollywood celebrities are, so he's not an automatic turn-off like Susan Sarandon would be. Amy Klobuchar said she and a bunch of GOP Senators had dinner with him last night and he got them all talking and exchanging ideas without the usual acrimony.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2022 7:17 AM

Well, REPUBLICANS didn’t receive it well anyway, so why treat them with kid gloves? If he wanted to give a speech that named the real problem, he would have called them out. But he didn’t. Anybody who thinks he had the slightest effect on them is woefully naive. If they had dinner with him it’s because he’s a Hollywood star, not because he magically changed their minds. They are owned by the NRA which is owned by Russia. No speech will change that.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2022 7:21 AM

He's annoying and ugly.

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2022 7:22 AM

And dumb. Props to whoever wrote the speech for him.

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2022 7:22 AM

r8 everything is political. Those kids were shot to death because of politics. Assault weapons were banned from 1994 to 2004 until politics changed that. Politics are getting in the way of banning those weapons again. The truth is MM has more an impact where he speaks at the White House compared to anywhere in Texas. MM holds a press conference in Texas, who cares. MM hold a press conference at the seat of American power, major national news.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2022 7:30 AM

All right, all right all right!

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2022 7:33 AM

Shocking to see, R6?

MTG gets on her soap box daily, 19 kids get shot in a school, yet you find MM at a podium “shocking” to see?

GTFOH.

He’s an American with something to say.

Nothing shocking about that.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2022 7:35 AM

Pete, Amy, Beto, Matthew - who the hell do we have besides the 80 year old?

I still want Al Franken dammit.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2022 8:18 AM

Oh yeah Kamala. Hasn't she done well?

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2022 8:18 AM

Sometimes I think America thinks Hollywood is America.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2022 8:42 AM

I suspect that his diseased-brain Repuke neighbors saw those kids were mostly brown, so no real (i.e white) kids were massacred. Yup, no real losses here. Just look the other way.

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2022 10:49 AM

There is a main thread on this. With 100 replies. Heaven Forbid the conservatives among us go to THAT thread and post their contrary views. No no no. Need a separate thread to be TRANSPARENTLY REFUG talking points. Pathetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2022 10:57 AM

R37. You 100% correct that the NRA gets its money from Russia. However, I can’t understand how Russia can afford to fund them with all the sanctions and with our confiscating their money. Do these same Pukes believe they will get more money over the next few years when Russia goes fully bankrupt? How short-sighted can they by? I mean, we know they are dumb, but this is exceptional. Maybe they think they are going to take Congress and try to lift all sanctions Russia, simply to preserve their power. (Who am I fooling, of course they are that depraved!).

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2022 11:00 AM

At least he's trying to do something, unlike that cunt-neck McConnell or that withered-limbed Abbott.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2022 11:03 AM

The usury satanists have been planning to install Matthew as their newest celebrity stooge.

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2022 11:07 AM

I 100% agree with him, but he should not be behind that podium. Say whatever you want, Hollywood actor, but the seal of the POTUS should be off limits. The POTUS can speak for himself.

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2022 11:13 AM

Maybe the new US Press Secretary should have at least stood by him. I don’t understand either.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2022 11:33 AM

BTS and now this? The WH has open mic night apparently.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2022 11:36 AM

Matthew made that AID$ propoganda film, so is a $tooge for big pharma

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2022 11:50 AM

Did he end his speech with ....."now imagine they're white"

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2022 11:52 AM

Trump had Kim Kardashian and Kayne West, Reagan and George H.W. Bush had Michael Jackson, Nixon had Elvis who he appointed as a Special Agent it isn't like Republicans haven't done the same. OP wants to make it seem like this is unusual. Republicans do it, Democrats do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2022 12:13 PM

[quote] So now the White House is being used for Hollywood p.r. events?

Why not? It's a fake stage. You could probably rent it for parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2022 12:26 PM

[quote]He is from Uvalde

Indeed. It seems as though a lot of people on this thread are pretending otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2022 12:29 PM

Time is a flat circle, man.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2022 12:40 PM

I hate him but he was very effective. He's from Uvalde; he's a celebrity; he's a conservative--the right listens to that

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2022 1:05 PM

Fux propaganda “news” referred to him as a person from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2022 1:08 PM

R45, I suggest you take a look at the Top Gun - Maverick threads.

Americans think Hollywood is America.

That’s the way it’s always been.

Hollywood gives Americans what they think they want.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2022 1:18 PM

And like clockwork, the right is coming after McConaughey.

Breitbart complains that he uses guns in his movies and thus cannot be trusted to talk about gun policy. Yes, it's that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2022 1:31 PM

that is true though.

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2022 1:33 PM

Not really. Movies aren't real.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2022 1:36 PM

but can still glorify and inspire gun violence.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2022 1:37 PM

Yes, they do, but the whole world sees the same films. These mass shootings only happen with regularity in the US.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2022 1:39 PM

I’ve never held a gun in my life, but it does always seem that a gun solves everything in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2022 2:22 PM

OP must have been unconscious when the My Pillow Guy made a speech from the White House.

What was he [italic] doing [/italic] there? Why do these infomercial people think they need to poke their noses into [italic] politics [/italic] ]. I mean, I 100% agree with My Pillow Guy, but [italic] he should not be behind that podium [/italic]. Honest,y, the ego of these infomercial stars! It’s too much!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2022 2:38 PM

Look at the headlines in rightwing media defending My Pillow Guy at at White House podium during coronavirus briefing

‘MY PILLOW’ GUY CAUSES LIBERALS TO LOSE THEIR MINDS

MyPillow CEO Talks About Love of God, Trump, And USA, Gets Slammed By The Left

MyPillow CEO Mike Lendell Torches Critics With South Park Meme

The media mocks the My Pillow guy as he helps save America

Mainstream media mocks White House appearance of 'My Pillow Guy' Mike Lindell

CORONAVIRUS The ‘My Pillow’ Guy Just Triggered A Herd Of Leftists And It’s Hilarious

Funny how a guy who’s from a town that just suffered a grisly massacre of children is so objectionable for being at WH podium, but crackheaded epidemiologist My Pillow Guy was fine with Trumplandia when he took WH podium

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2022 2:48 PM

R51. Is a Puke troll. The derangement of these people to negate the fact that kids were murdered but all he cares about is symbolic equivalence of: How dare he stand there? This guy must be a loon. Go back to Fux channel where they can jerk you off into thinking you are a true patriot.

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2022 3:31 PM

Republican heads must be exploding! Hurray! These assholes are coming here to vent! I guess the OP figures we stand for Hollywood. Go back to free republic, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2022 3:36 PM

These assholes don’t seem to mind when it’s Charlton Heston or Clint Eastwood doing the talking

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2022 3:47 PM

actor Matthew McConaughey, who is from Uvalde, gave a passionate speech to reporters from the press podium at the White House. A gun owner himself, McConaughey called for strengthening our gun safety laws with background checks, raising the minimum age to purchase an AR-15 rifle to 21, instituting a waiting period for those rifles, and establishing red-flag laws. “These are reasonable, practical, tactical regulations to our nation, states, communities, schools, and homes,” he said.

McConaughey described the children and teachers who lost their lives at the Robb Elementary School, and explained just how the killer's AR-15 so destroyed their bodies that they had to be identified by DNA… or by their signature sneakers. He warned that “Responsible gun owners are fed up with the Second Amendment being abused and hijacked by some deranged individuals. These regulations are not a step back; they’re a step forward for a civil society and—and the Second Amendment,” he said.

He urged lawmakers—and Americans—to come together to pass legislation to protect our children. “Because I promise you, America—you and me, who—we are not as divided as we’re being told we are…. How about we get inspired? Give ourselves just cause to revere our future again. Maybe set an example for our children, give us reason to tell them, ‘Hey, listen and watch these men and women. These are great American leaders right here. Hope you grow up to be like them.’ And let’s admit it: We can’t truly be leaders if we’re only living for reelection…. We’ve got to make choices, make stands, embrace new ideas, and preserve the traditions that can create true—true progress for the next generation.”

As McConaughey finished and left the podium, James Rosen from Newsmax called out: “Were you grandstanding just now, sir?”

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2022 4:10 PM

Right, OP/r8 ...McConaughey's the one making this political.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2022 4:22 PM

What damaged you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2022 4:24 PM

It's his hometown. He grew up there. His mother was a kindergarten teacher in that town . Good grief. The shame would have been if he didn't speak out.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2022 4:26 PM

Why has DL been overrun by wing-nuts? What is the attraction? Closet cases? I’ve never been one to block people, until the last few years. Now it’s just comical.

As if reasonable people could be persuaded to be unreasonable right-wingers. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2022 4:31 PM

I can’t stand his ass anyway. Wtf is up with those glasses? Horned rimmed would be even better than those. He’s back to doing Doritos commercials where he belongs. He gets a bit of a pass because of what he had to say and he’s right leaning. But he could’ve said this anywhere. He’s always been a smug asshole though.

by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2022 4:38 PM

^^^So many assholes to block on this troll thread.

But like l said, Repuke heads are exploding!

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2022 4:47 PM

Why can’t he speak? Would his credentials have been better if he was a reality show star and failed developer? Or a minor felon? Or a snake oil salesman? Or a hedge fund manager?

Someone tell me what qualifies some to go into politics. Or better, what qualifies people to speak their mind on a huge national problem?

Take a crack at my questions OP.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote]Pete, Amy, Beto, Matthew - who the hell do we have besides the 80 year old?

R43, if we were serious about future leadership we would have my fantasy POTUS + VP Sheldon Whitehouse and Mitch Landrieu; plus Jason Crow, Maggie Hasan, Hakeem Jeffries, my girls Lucy McBath, Katie Porter, and Val Demings. Gretchen Whitmer, Mark Kelly, Maisie Hirono, Lauren Underwood, Cedric Richmond, John Bel Edwards, Cory Bush, etc. I even like and respect Ayanna Pressley. Sylvia Garcia. Madeleine Dean. Stacey Abrams. Lina Hidalgo. Christopher Hollins. Josh Shapiro. Malcolm Kenyatta. Mallory McMorrow. And that's just off the top of my head.

We have an abundance of very good-to great talent nationwide. Including many who flipped their districts/gubernatorial seats from red to blue.

Unfortunately however, the way Congressional seniority works, we get fossils like Dick Durban as Senate Judiciary Chair instead of Sheldon Whitehouse or Amy K. And that's just one example of many.

So, yes, R43, we DO have a good stable of Democratic leaders ready to go. But tbh Jamie Harrison has been a huge disappointment to me.

by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2022 4:55 PM

But I like Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 83June 8, 2022 5:02 PM

Oops, I misread the Amy part. I love Karie Porter, too. Maisie Hirono is my rep. and for once we have a vocal, kick-ass to represent us.

by Anonymousreply 84June 8, 2022 5:06 PM

r25 is OP

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2022 5:17 PM

[quote]But he could’ve said this anywhere

It has much more gravitas in this venue, r79...

by Anonymousreply 86June 8, 2022 5:19 PM

OP I guess you haven't watched the Academy Awards in the last 40 years or ever heard of Jane Fonda, . . .

Mathhew who is a son of Uvalde Texas was actually summoned back to his hometown by some of its citizens

try and keep up!

by Anonymousreply 87June 8, 2022 5:21 PM

These Puke trolls are not only the OP. I’ve blocked at least 4 already.

by Anonymousreply 88June 8, 2022 5:22 PM

[quote] Why has DL been overrun by wing-nuts? What is the attraction? Closet cases?

Paid by the right to change LGBT opinion

by Anonymousreply 89June 8, 2022 5:23 PM

They'll be swarming through midterms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 8, 2022 5:26 PM

Yes, I agree, the avalanche of traitor trolls is directly tied to the election season

by Anonymousreply 91June 8, 2022 6:03 PM

"Why in the hell was Matthew McConaughey speaking from the White House press podium earlier today?"

OP - Because he was invited to do as such????

by Anonymousreply 92June 8, 2022 6:19 PM

We need to plan how to destroy these deplorables after DEMS take Congress. What can the mods do? They are going to full on do a siege here. Suggestions, please.

by Anonymousreply 93June 8, 2022 6:21 PM

[quote]They are owned by the NRA which is owned by Russia.

🙄

You liberals and your obsession with Russia. It's your bogeyman.

by Anonymousreply 94June 8, 2022 6:27 PM

R93 dream on! The Democrats are going down big time in November. Everyone's sick of their woke shit.

by Anonymousreply 95June 8, 2022 6:27 PM

R94 - Mitt Romney is obsessed and disdainful of Russia too or did you not catch his Presidential campaign.

by Anonymousreply 96June 8, 2022 6:31 PM

Brilliant, R55! I see what you did there.

Not only a witty reference; but also true. That movie is one of my guiltiest pleasures.

by Anonymousreply 97June 8, 2022 6:38 PM

[quote] You liberals and your obsession with Russia. It's your bogeyman.

Russian troll has chimed in. Hi, Vlad! Is your mother on the streets selling herself to buy you dinner?

by Anonymousreply 98June 8, 2022 7:03 PM

Russians are savvy. They can vision him as the next Republican US Presidential candidate.

by Anonymousreply 99June 8, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote] He’s an American with something to say.

[quote] Nothing shocking about that.

I'm an American. I have a lot to say.

Will I be invited to speak from the WH podium tomorrow?

NO? Well, why the hell not?

by Anonymousreply 100June 8, 2022 7:20 PM

Damn, twitter is overrun with gun bots. Seems like a lot of Russians. McConaughey really got them going crazy. Good.

by Anonymousreply 101June 8, 2022 7:28 PM

R54 a Breitbart troll who never saw Dallas Buyers Club.

by Anonymousreply 102June 8, 2022 7:30 PM

It's his hometown, he had every right to do it.

What the fuck was Kid Rock doing at the White House? What the fuck were Ted Nugent and Kanye West doing at the White House?

by Anonymousreply 103June 8, 2022 7:31 PM

Why didn’t he show them his shaved anus?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 8, 2022 7:37 PM

THE POINT R103, seeing as how you are mentally incapable of grasping this simple concept, is that NONE OF THEM should be speaking from the White House podium, except for the President or his Press Secretary or Assistant Press Secretary.

Not the MY PILLOW jerkoff, or any of the losers you mentioned, or Matthew McConaughey. None of them.

It's a bad precedent, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think the American people want to see them up there.

It cheapens the Office of the President, and it takes away from the so-called "bully pulpit."

Part of the power of the Presidency is that when you speak from that podium, it elevates the President and his message.

When any old Tom, Dick, Matthew, Harry, or MyPillow gets to say whatever the fuck they want to from that stage, then it really does become like open mic night, and people will stop listening.

It's like when news stations constantly run the ***BREAKING NEWS*** banner across the screen, when it's not really breaking news.

People stop paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 105June 8, 2022 7:37 PM

r105

by Anonymousreply 106June 8, 2022 8:47 PM

So many trolls. Half of the replies have been blocked and it’s hard to follow since these whack-jobs insist on posting here.

by Anonymousreply 107June 8, 2022 8:51 PM

R93 calm down and get laid

by Anonymousreply 108June 8, 2022 9:42 PM

93….blocked.

by Anonymousreply 109June 8, 2022 9:47 PM

(^.^) I hope R93 is open to suggestions and seeks anger management counseling and gets laid

by Anonymousreply 110June 8, 2022 9:51 PM

He should have read a list of every Republican and the amount of money received from the NRA and various gun lobbyists, and then facing the camera boldly state "need more proof, they are more concerned about money than the life of your child."

by Anonymousreply 111June 8, 2022 9:58 PM

Is OP some right-wing just pretending to be dumb-as-shit naive?

by Anonymousreply 112June 8, 2022 9:58 PM

^right-wing troll

by Anonymousreply 113June 8, 2022 9:59 PM

R94. (Whom I’ve blocked) doesn’t know that fuck-ass Romney is the largest of NRA bought and paid for asshats in govt.

by Anonymousreply 114June 8, 2022 10:00 PM

We don't stand "at the podium." Think feet, podiatrist. We stand "on the podium."

by Anonymousreply 115June 8, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote] I agree -it is just disgusting for Hollywood to even think about politics!

Right, r28, or people who leverage their stint on television.

by Anonymousreply 116June 8, 2022 10:05 PM

This thread is all kinds of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 117June 8, 2022 11:59 PM

r117

by Anonymousreply 118June 9, 2022 12:06 AM

R117 check out Twitter! McBongo managed to infuriate the gun nuts more than David Hogg does.

by Anonymousreply 119June 9, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote]And like clockwork, the right is coming after McConaughey.

He's going to regret going after right-wingers as a Texan. He's going to find himself canceled like happened to those Dixie Chicks, after the one said they were ashamed that George Bush was from Texas.

by Anonymousreply 120June 9, 2022 12:28 AM

What happened to The Dixie Chicks was atrocious. Not only by the record industry, but by many of their "friends" and peers. Not unlike what happened to Kathy Griffin.

McConaughey will not be cancelled. Trump is not in office to put a FatWad out on him. McConaughey isn't exactly a working actor anymore. He's a politician.

The Dixie Chicks were destroyed at the height of their career. I'm not ready to make nice about that one.

by Anonymousreply 121June 9, 2022 12:42 AM

From my cold dead hands!

by Anonymousreply 122June 9, 2022 1:12 AM

R111. They are more motivated to hang onto the KkkWhite power structure more than anything else. So what if a few (brown) kids are hollowed out. That’s how their diseased minds work.

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2022 1:32 PM

R107 the purpose of the thread is to troll. There was already a fine thread on the topic that started neutrally. This thread is designed for trolls.

by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2022 1:41 PM

McConaughey'll be fine. Who will be less than fine is the Texas GOP. He's turned into a massive pain in their side and Abbott who is very unpopular and desperate to get a popular figure like MM on his side, is fucked. I think McConaughey'll probably be shocked by the massive trolling on social media he's been the object of and any feelings he had that Republicans could be civilized is over. Hopefully, he'll eventually be working with Beto. The two would make a great team.

Some NRA troll on twitter was claiming that they went to Uvalde and nobody there has accents like McConaughey, so his accent is fake! Everybody in Uvalde is Mexican-American with the typical singsong border accent in English. MM by the way, speaks Spanish fluently. In places like Uvalde, you have to.

by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2022 4:34 PM

r125

by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote]Hopefully, he'll eventually be working with Beto. The two would make a great team.

This is never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2022 7:22 PM

Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2022 7:28 PM

fucking with Beto?

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2022 7:38 PM

People complaining "he shouldn't be behind THAT podium" as if that podium is some sacrosanct place or thing - are the SAME kind of reality-denying IDIOTS who shrieked about Obama not sometimes not wearing a suit jacket in the Oval Office and sometimes goofing around there (do people remember that? it was early in his first term.. such bullshit)

They shrieked about Obama's "lack of decorum" and and "disrespect of the office" but then they suddenly shut up when pics of the great Ronald Reagan and all the other white-presidents doing THE EXACT SAME THING. Because, they don't actually pay attention to reality. -- ↓↓ ps, this linked article is mocking those claims ↓↓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2022 11:22 PM

Kim K gave Donald Trump a hummer in the Oval Office and no one blinked.

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2022 11:24 PM

She’s an actual whore whose mother sold her sex tape:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote] She’s an actual whore whose mother sold her sex tape:

And Matthew McConaughey has presented his dirty stinkhole on camera for the world to see.

What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote]And Matthew McConaughey has presented his dirty stinkhole on camera for the world to see. What's your point?

The point is, R133, that Trumpers didn't complain about it when Trump has celebrities at the podium, even an actual person who got famous for her actual porn video, so it's hypocritical for them to say ANYTHING about MConaughey.

I know Trumpers have no self-awareness or critical thinking skills, so I hope I helped you out by explaining.

by Anonymousreply 134June 10, 2022 1:21 AM

Breitbart accused McConaughey of being the cause of gun violence because he has appeared in so many movies shooting guns. Twitter's having a field day with that one. Lynda Carter noted that she can't really fly an invisible plane and that Glenn Close actually is active in dog rescue. lol

For some reason, McConaughey got under the NRA's skin like nobody else. Probably because he says he is a gun owner, knows about guns and has never openly talked about politics before so they kind of assumed he was a Republican. He also is open about being religious so that fucks the gunslinging fundies up.

by Anonymousreply 135June 10, 2022 4:29 PM

R134, I would love to take you out for a relaxing dinner on the rooftop….

by Anonymousreply 136June 10, 2022 5:13 PM

Common sense owners no longer have a voice or opinion in America. The NRA has become a domestic terrorist organization and has all elected officials under their control.

by Anonymousreply 137June 10, 2022 5:41 PM

R137 I think that's why they're attacking McConaughey on social media: he says he's a gun owner, grew up with guns, knows a lot about guns, hunting, etc. Dan Rather tweeted what McConaughey said represents what the vast majority of gun owners believe. So gun manufacturers and their lobby are going ballistic.

by Anonymousreply 138June 10, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote]Breitbart accused McConaughey of being the cause of gun violence because he has appeared in so many movies shooting guns.

Yeah, R135. And they're relying on those accusations to hit the eyeballs of the idiot Americans who have no world view and forget that every other western countries, like Canada for example, also gets those movies BUT they don't have the mass shooting problem the US haas - because they have sensible guns laws.

I still shake my head, in the day and age of the internet/social media making the world "smaller," so many Americans think "America = The World"

by Anonymousreply 139June 11, 2022 9:51 AM

I usually hate watch Bill Maher and there was a lot to hate last night. He had motormouths Cornell West and Kellyanne Conway on, letting them spew their bullshit a mile a minute. Then he claimed that it is because of violence in Hollywood movies that we have mass shootings. 90% of the movie clips he showed were from Hong Kong movies. How strange that only the US has mass shootings whereas violent movies are shown in every country in the world.

Stick a fork in Maher, he's done. He'll be showing up on Tucker Carlson's show.

by Anonymousreply 140June 11, 2022 2:57 PM

I'm all for bringing on people with opposing views but Bill Maher has a long long history of giving air time to crock-pots and bullshit propagators.

by Anonymousreply 141June 11, 2022 3:06 PM

R141 yeah, that's what I used to like about Maher though he invites rightwingers thinking he can outsmart them and invariably doesn't. But since he went crazy because of COVID (now he's going crazy because of Monkey Pox), he's turned into an absolute rightwinger.

by Anonymousreply 142June 11, 2022 3:09 PM

Matthew is a MOVIE STAR and they get to do anything they want to in America, including speaking from the White House. Royalty. But he meant well and his speech was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 143June 11, 2022 3:17 PM

BREAKING...OP, YOU are a fucking CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 144June 11, 2022 3:20 PM

In fact Jon Voigt - the Trumpsters' darling - came out with a very strong speech about gun control. But the Trumpsters ignored him. I think there's a big element of jealousy because the only celebs supporting the NRA are has-beens or never-weres. When an A lister attacks the gun lobby, it just rubs their noses in the fact the only people supporting the NRA are marginal, D list celebs desperate for any attention.

by Anonymousreply 145June 11, 2022 3:26 PM

Matthew McConaughey's collapse is complete.

He will NEVER be President.

by Anonymousreply 146June 11, 2022 9:12 PM

He was going to be President? Nobody told me. He's in London now recruiting players for his Austin soccer team which, of course, is actually a football team. He was pictured at Chelsea trying to poach some players.

by Anonymousreply 147June 11, 2022 9:44 PM

Interesting, R147.

Clearly, the gun violence thing was just another item on his "to do" list.

He has already moved on.

This is why I don't trust Hollywood celebs.

They only care about themselves, publicity, and making money.

by Anonymousreply 148June 11, 2022 9:46 PM

He paid the shooter! He had it all planned!

by Anonymousreply 149June 11, 2022 9:47 PM

R148 clearly - unlike you - he has a life and work obligations to tend to.

by Anonymousreply 150June 11, 2022 9:48 PM

Why are NRA trolls on the DL? WTF? Wayne LaPierre must be scared shitless.

by Anonymousreply 151June 11, 2022 9:53 PM

R151 until I get a big burly top to defend me, I need a gun. Otherwise as a bottom I’m in way too much danger of being robbed or beaten or raped.

by Anonymousreply 152June 11, 2022 9:57 PM

R146 Fuck you, troll. Go back to Breitbart and Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 153June 22, 2022 11:39 PM

There's some poll posted on twitter which strangely pitted Biden and Trump against McConaughey for President in 2024. McConaughey got 11%.

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2022 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!