Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THEATRE GOSSIP #473: The Happy Talk Edition

Even for a board known for bitchery, the last thread got really toxic. Hoping for a more pleasant one this time around, with a nod to the original blockbuster woke musical.

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 10, 2022 5:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2022 9:25 PM

Follies, Beanie Feldstein, Take Me Out, ticket prices, Tony award.

That about sum it up?

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2022 9:33 PM

r2, and cocks. Always cocks. (Or holes, in the case of the gentleman widely discussed in the last thread.)

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2022 9:38 PM

Send in the COCKS!

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2022 9:39 PM

So why did they nix the Kevin Kline frontal scene in "Loose Ends" on Broadway and have him perform it in a bathing suit?

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2022 9:48 PM

R5-Because there was really nothing to see.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2022 9:53 PM

Bringing this over from the last thread, because nudity is always a good way to start off a thread (even obscured rear nudity).

(Speaking of things that didn't make it out of DC, whatever happened to that Dave musical?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2022 10:00 PM

Kline showed his tush on-screen in "I Love You to Death". Nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2022 10:04 PM

This might explain why the new Roxie is only getting a 2 week run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2022 10:19 PM

Kevin Kline was so hot back in the day. Phoebe was a lucky woman.

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2022 10:23 PM

R9 wow that is horrible but honestly not any worse than a lot of Roxies. D'Amboise was the worst. She sounded like she was doing Ruth Buzzie's Gladys. And not mentioned is that DL's favorite daughter, Jennifer Holliday will be playing Mama starting June 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2022 10:26 PM

I saw Loose Ends and was surprised to hear the opening scene was done originally in the nude. Why were they suddenly so shy in New York which already had seen a lot of nudity? Maybe they thought the Circle in the Square subscription audience would have rioted?

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2022 10:35 PM

What was so especially toxic about the last thread? It was the same old same old DL toxicity.

by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2022 10:37 PM

r9 Why would they post that? And I see she has "All glory to God" in her IG bio, which is always a red flag

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2022 10:41 PM

Omg, R9, that was terrible! So much indicating. And the voice is nothing to write home about.

by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2022 10:53 PM

OP- your thread title bites the weenie.

And not Kline's.

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2022 10:58 PM

With relish!

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2022 10:59 PM

THAT was the WINNER of the competition, R9?

No wonder I didn't hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2022 10:59 PM

Kevin Kline's agents (as well as his co-star Roxanne Hart's) advised them both not to go nude in NY and both actors ultimately felt the nudity was gratuitous. It was as simple as that. Way back then co=star Jay O Sanders was almost as hot as Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2022 11:09 PM

This seems stupid. A super-spreader event seems inevitable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2022 11:19 PM

But most of the attendees are vaxxed and boosted x 2 so no one will die.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2022 11:24 PM

True, but if they start testing positive afterward, people may start missing shows again, right at the height of the busy summer season. Is that worth having a maskless audience?

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2022 11:26 PM

**maskless in the orchestra, since the mezz and balcony audience does have to mask, but doesn't have to test

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2022 11:27 PM

Yes, r22, it's worth it.

After the Tonys nobody cares and most actors start taking their summer vacations anyway.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2022 11:33 PM

SOMEONE forgot the link to the previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2022 11:39 PM

They are vaxxed but the majority of the Tony attendees are 60 years old and older….so this could be a terrible decision

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2022 11:40 PM

r25, it's in the OP?

by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2022 11:41 PM

Well Nene Leaks go to Chicao?

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2022 11:42 PM

Casting the lead in a show via a contest doesn’t always work. When Connie Fisher was cast in SOM they had another, more established actress lined up to split the role with Connie just in case she was a disaster in rehearsals but, fortunately for them, that didn’t happen and the other actress was let go. Can’t remember her name. The fact that this Roxie is only getting a two week run doesn’t sound good.

by Anonymousreply 29June 7, 2022 12:05 AM

I think Nene is more Zeppo's type.

by Anonymousreply 30June 7, 2022 12:40 AM

[quote]R25, it's in the OP?

I guess it was intended to be, R27, but the OP is grayed out for me, as it so often is in these theater gossip threads, and consequently the link to the previous thread isn't there.

by Anonymousreply 31June 7, 2022 1:23 AM

More about cocks! Ben Platt's cock! Beanie Feldstein's cock!

by Anonymousreply 32June 7, 2022 2:05 AM

Happy Talk About Happy Cock!

Would have been a better title.

by Anonymousreply 33June 7, 2022 2:14 AM

Lover...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 7, 2022 2:40 AM

Beanie has COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2022 2:53 AM

Dare I say Beanie looks slightly thinner in that video?

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2022 2:56 AM

R35 Will she return? Is this the out they all need?

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2022 2:57 AM

So she won’t make it to the Tonys, either? Awww.

by Anonymousreply 38June 7, 2022 2:58 AM

I'm guessing this will be the end of Beanie....

by Anonymousreply 39June 7, 2022 2:58 AM

The dark circles around her eyes are troubling.

by Anonymousreply 40June 7, 2022 3:30 AM

And if you’re gonna rub your eyes like a toddler, why not retake the video?

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote]r35 Beanie has COVID.

So, she sees no need to protect herself, and therefore the rest of her cast, while away from the theater.

Un-be-LIEV-able!

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2022 3:33 AM

LEA FOR REPLACEMENT FRANNY!

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2022 3:40 AM

Dussault-Re-Mi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Wow. This is really playing by the game book.

“The doctor tells me I need to take several months off to deal with my lingering symptoms …”

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2022 3:44 AM

“My impending brain fog will be an impediment to my remembering lyrics of certain songs...”

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2022 3:48 AM

A huge THANK YOU to the DL poster who recommend we DataLoungers see WHICH WAY TO THE STAGE.

I caught the final performance last night.

DAMN. It was so good. So much better than expected, and about so much more than I'd expected. Hilarious, smart, provocative and moving. I am so thankful I saw it. In many ways, after so many duds in a row this season, it reminded me of why I love going to the theatre, that shows can say something AND be wildly entertaining.

The entire cast was perfect, including hunky Evan Todd as Mark. If this show had had a higher profile, it'd have propelled him to a new career level. It might have done so anyway. Not only is he gorgeous and sexy, the role is perfect for him, and he handles it brilliantly. He's smart, sexy and convincing. What an excellent showcase for him.

Finally, who'd have ever guessed that Ana Nogueira, the Alice from the execrable OB musical Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, had this in her? The woman can WRITE. Stay away from shitty OB musicals, Ana. Stay home and write. We need more from you. A lot more.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2022 3:58 AM

Marta in R44’s clip was played by Christopher Norris, who had a decent career as a young adult on episodic TV-she was a regular on Trapper John MD. The girl playing Louisa, Kathy Dunn, was apparently the only one of the Von Trapp children to be in the entire run. She was awful in a film called 13 Frightened Girls which ran on TCM a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2022 4:02 AM

I just read the review for Which Way to the Stage. It sounds unendurable.

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2022 4:06 AM

It's on Youtube, r48.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2022 4:09 AM

the trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2022 4:11 AM

I can imagine that every day Beanie is away from the show is a relief to her.

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2022 4:24 AM

R47 Which will bring us back to Evan hot fuck TODD.

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2022 4:25 AM

R44 I have been rewatching the Old Tony Awards, after finding a lost file on my harddrive, and by God, Nancy is a barely talented slut. Just when you think Susan Anton is the worst that can be, the strident Dussault starts slaughtering songs left, right and center.

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2022 4:28 AM

Hold my beer, R54

by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2022 4:38 AM

Beanie has blocked comments on that IG post.

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2022 5:00 AM

At the risk of committing gay blasphemy, I think the worst of the Tonys performers was Dorothy Loudon in the '80s, when it was apparent that she had little left but to elaborately make fun of herself and the songs she was singing.

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2022 5:22 AM

[quote]Beanie has COVID.

Nobody saw this coming.

by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2022 5:24 AM

I somewhat agree, R57, but I think those Alexander Cohen/Hildy Parks Tony Awards "tributes" spared no one in their cringe factor. Not one of those performers came off well.

I think the first time I ever saw Loudon perform was in the Sondheim 60th birthday special when she did the medley of Losing My Mind and You Could Drive a Person Crazy. I thought she was very funny and charming and wonderful, but I also didn't know she was doing much of her regular schtick. But it worked for her in that performance (or maybe she was directed to use it sparingly), whereas on those Tony performances (which I didn't see until many years later), she was allowed to mug shamelessly.

It certainly didn't help that for every Leslie Uggams and Larry Kert, The Cohens would also use (and re-use) such people as Susan Anton, Nancy Dussault, Hal Linden, Robert Guillaume and other dinner theater level performers.

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2022 5:31 AM

[quote]Beanie has Covid.

[quote]Nobody saw this coming. (Aside from everybody on DL)

That fucking [italic]WEDDING…!

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2022 5:49 AM

[quote]Nancy Dussault, Hal Linden, Robert Guillaume and other dinner theater level performers.

Hal Linden is a Tony winner, and Nancy’s a Tony nominee. All three of them had substantial Broadway careers before moving into TV - hardly dinner theatre level.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2022 6:51 AM

R61 Nancy is shit. And so desperate.

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2022 6:58 AM

That’s not true at all, r62. She’s a talented lady (very talented, in her prime), and she’s a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2022 7:42 AM

[Quote] So, she sees no need to protect herself, and therefore the rest of her cast, while away from the theater

To be fair, I know several people who have been very careful and then tested p positive

However, it does seem like she has not done the show all that much in its first month.

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2022 7:52 AM

Does Julie Benko have a standby now that Beanie has the Covids?

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2022 8:09 AM

Yes r65. There is an understudy who covers Fanny and Mrs. Wexler (and plays a regular role in the show.)

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2022 9:11 AM

R49, Which Way To The Stage was not unendurable. It was smart and laugh out loud funny. All of the performances were excellent. R47 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2022 9:50 AM

R67, so after all of the shirtless photos of Evan Todd (and rumors that he's taking raw loads) in the previous bitchfest that was #472, does he strip down to his skivvies in WWTTS?

by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2022 10:03 AM

Covid gives Beanie the opportunity to completely rewrite the script from a PR perspective. She gets sick, doesn’t get well enough to return to the show, has to leave permanently.

And from now on when she talks about FG Beanie will talk about how Covid ended her dream. The DL won’t be around to correct the story for accuracy and Beanie’s version becomes gospel.

by Anonymousreply 69June 7, 2022 11:02 AM

[quote]The DL won’t be around

Thin ice motherfucker. Thin fucking ice.

by Anonymousreply 70June 7, 2022 11:03 AM

"I have been rewatching the Old Tony Awards, after finding a lost file on my harddrive"

So gay, but I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 71June 7, 2022 11:20 AM

Sorry, r31. I thought I'd save a post by putting the link to the last thread in the OP instead of r1. I forgot about the first post being greyed out.

by Anonymousreply 72June 7, 2022 11:22 AM

The old Tonys shows are already on YouTube

by Anonymousreply 73June 7, 2022 11:38 AM

It's easy to read a grayed out paragraph.. Put your cursor anywhere inside it and triple click. This selects the paragraph and highlights it. The text now shows up as white on a dark background.

by Anonymousreply 74June 7, 2022 11:51 AM

[quote] not unendurable!

I think I saw that quote on one of the signs hanging from the marquee.

by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2022 11:59 AM

R68 No underwear for Evan but he does man spread in his tight jeans

R47 I was disappointed in the show. I loved the beginning with all the theatre fan stuff but once it started going woke, I was done. Plus I didn't believe for a second that the Evan Todd character would be attracted to the other guy, not based on looks but by personality.

by Anonymousreply 76June 7, 2022 12:08 PM

How long will the show last if Beanie is out for an extended period?

by Anonymousreply 77June 7, 2022 12:13 PM

[Quote] the OP is grayed out for me, as it so often is in these theater gossip threads

R31 make sure you’re set to Asbestos in settings. It sometimes reverts for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 78June 7, 2022 12:14 PM

Beanie will not return

by Anonymousreply 79June 7, 2022 12:29 PM

Otoh Loudon’s Fifty Percent in that late 90s Leading Ladies concert is probably the best thing she ever did.

by Anonymousreply 80June 7, 2022 12:46 PM

Hi everyone! It’s Beanie!!

Thank you so much for the well wishes! When I tested positive for Covid several months ago, who could have predicted what came next? I want to take a few minutes to thank Julie Benko for stepping up and taking over while I was sick. Thank you to Ramin for seamlessly leading the team during my absence. Thank you to Jane for finally finding dentures that fit. While I’m sad I wasn’t able to continue with Funny Girl because of strict doctors orders, I’m excited to announce that during my recovery, I was able to film an exciting part in a new film. Watch for it in March. I want to thank Michael for casting me, against others wishes, in allowing my dream to come true. Farefewell Fanny and thank you to fans!!

by Anonymousreply 81June 7, 2022 12:47 PM

Beanie will be back. That broad has a run of the play contract.

by Anonymousreply 82June 7, 2022 1:04 PM

Neenie Leaks for Frannie!

by Anonymousreply 83June 7, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote]Neenie Leaks for Frannie!

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 84June 7, 2022 1:43 PM

R68-Only in the MCC VIP Room after the show.

by Anonymousreply 85June 7, 2022 1:56 PM

More Broadway Raw Loads stories please.

by Anonymousreply 86June 7, 2022 2:00 PM

I'm still waiting to hear about all the happy cock(s?) r33 promised.

by Anonymousreply 87June 7, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote]The entire cast was perfect, including hunky Evan Todd as Mark. If this show had had a higher profile, it'd have propelled him to a new career level. It might have done so anyway. Not only is he gorgeous and sexy, the role is perfect for him, and he handles it brilliantly. He's smart, sexy and convincing. What an excellent showcase for him.

Agreed completely, but prepare for the anti-Evan Todd loon from the previous thread to come after you for liking him and his performance. Or maybe that loon has slunk back into its hole. Here's hoping!

by Anonymousreply 88June 7, 2022 2:05 PM

Beanie will find someone also sick and they'll do "I Do! I Do!" Jacquel Spivey maybe?

by Anonymousreply 89June 7, 2022 2:07 PM

[quote]Covid gives Beanie the opportunity to completely rewrite the script from a PR perspective. She gets sick, doesn’t get well enough to return to the show, has to leave permanently. And from now on when she talks about FG Beanie will talk about how Covid ended her dream. The DL won’t be around to correct the story for accuracy and Beanie’s version becomes gospel.

Why do you say that the DL won't be around? And even if that's true, I think there has been more than enough coverage of Beanie's lack of professionalism, her limited talent, and her miscasting in the role outside of the DL that it's now a matter of public record. Plus, of course, the fact that she wasn't even nominated for a Tony Award.

by Anonymousreply 90June 7, 2022 2:08 PM

[quote]Beanie will be back. That broad has a run of the play contract.

Of course, a contract can be rescinded if both sides agree to it, and at this point, Beanie is arguably a liability to the show if only for the fact that no one knows when she's going to be performing.

Also, maybe you were joking or quoting some line from some show, but there is no longer such a thing as a run-of-the-play contract.

by Anonymousreply 91June 7, 2022 2:13 PM

I'm several days late with this, but then one is never late to carry on the more or less immortal discussion of Follies.

My understanding was that the original production of Follies sold extremely well. Any producer would normally have been pleased with the returns. The problem was that it became evident early on that the production was too expensive to make its money back. Whether 100% capacity every single night would have been enough I don't know, but while it was a respectable hit it wasn't the hottest ticket in town. Hair, Godspell and JC Superstar were where it was at for the cool young theatregoer and the middle-aged who wanted to prove themselves hip. (Also, at that time NY queens had a heavy schedule, what with the unlimited whoring around opportunities and the gay liberation protests in addition to their Broadway duties.)

If Hamilton wasn't at "trade your car in now for an Orchestra ticket" prices, it would likely be in the same boat as Follies. Either that or someone is making Bezos money out of it.

I assume box office is what the poster meant who said Follies "didn't work", because the recent NT production demonstrated that the show itself works beautifully, even for a hallowed institution like that.

by Anonymousreply 92June 7, 2022 2:18 PM

[quote] Why do you say that the DL won't be around? And even if that's true, I think there has been more than enough coverage of Beanie's lack of professionalism, her limited talent, and her miscasting in the role outside of the DL that it's now a matter of public record.

Marsha P. Johnson herself said she and Sylvia were not at the Stonewall Riots when they broke out, that she (MPJ) showed up much later and Sylvia was passed out on a park bench all night. And still these two have been canonized for "giving us our freedom." By the time the film version of Merrily comes out, Beanie is going to be considered to have given a "master class" performance in FG by the morons of whatever is passing for twitter at that time. "After all, it HAS to be true. I read it on social media!!"

People believe what they want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 93June 7, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote] Also, maybe you were joking or quoting some line from some show, but there is no longer such a thing as a run-of-the-play contract.

Bless your heart, dear.

by Anonymousreply 94June 7, 2022 2:20 PM

Was Barbara Cook up for the role of Sally during the original "Follies"? Or was she already involved with the "Grass Harp", which had a great score and cast, but was a quick flop. Maybe if she had done "Follies" she wouldn't have put on all that weight back then, what with having to perform "Who's That Woman" 8x a week with the other dames.

by Anonymousreply 95June 7, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote] Maybe if she had done "Follies" she wouldn't have put on all that weight back then, what with having to perform "Who's That Woman" 8x a week with the other dames.

Did nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 96June 7, 2022 2:28 PM

Re: Beanie & Spivey - Who's surprised that these late-Millennial, zoftig, relative-newbies can't handle 8 shows a week? Take note producers.

by Anonymousreply 97June 7, 2022 2:31 PM

Was Spivey's absence due to Covid?

by Anonymousreply 98June 7, 2022 2:34 PM

R89. Except it will be “I Don’t, I Don’t!”

by Anonymousreply 99June 7, 2022 2:36 PM

Jaquel Spivey isn't a millennial. And no, R98, it's due to allergies and sinus problems, according to his Instagram. It couldn't be Covid, because there were a number of shows that he started but then left partway through, leaving the understudy to finish the show. And he's no longer doing matinees. If it were Covid, the absences wouldn't be so sporadic.

by Anonymousreply 100June 7, 2022 2:39 PM

Thanks, R100. So many Bway people are getting Covid that I couldn't remember if Spivey was one of them. I know some of the cast got it at some point.

by Anonymousreply 101June 7, 2022 2:48 PM

Sad to see that on Datalounge, as in too much of the real world, "millennial" is used as a catch-all to dismiss anyone under the age of 50. At this point it's just a synonym for "youngster" or "whippersnapper."

by Anonymousreply 102June 7, 2022 2:55 PM

How come we never talk about...Nancy Dussault?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 7, 2022 2:58 PM

It's anyone under the age of 30, not 50, and if you'd ever had to manage any of them you'd know why their elders dismiss them. Gen Xs, whom baby boomers have also had to manage, are quite normal by comparison.

The whole millennial schtick is "I'm gracing you with my presence while I feel it's warranted, but really I should have your job even though I barely do mine, and I'm bored now and you don't appreciate me enough, so I'm wafting off to do something else."

by Anonymousreply 104June 7, 2022 3:02 PM

I finally looked at the casting update for Almost Famous and noticed Sam Gravitte is not coming back to the show. Now great loss (for him), as he was basically ensemble and the show is garbage, but a loss for the audience, as he is shirtless in one scene and has a body for days.

It's also too bad Colin Donnell isn't continuing. He was one of the few brights spots in the show. But Casey Likes is fantastic, and if you want to see a a future star, then get a ticket. Otherwise, there's nothing else to recommend.

by Anonymousreply 105June 7, 2022 3:04 PM

I thought Millennials were 1980-1996, and then after that was Gen Y.

by Anonymousreply 106June 7, 2022 3:07 PM

I agree R79. Funny Girl won’t see her again.

by Anonymousreply 107June 7, 2022 3:07 PM

Millennials ARE Gen Y.

by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2022 3:08 PM

This Evan Todd obsession is bizarre. Your fixation is sad. He’s never going to fuck you. He’s never happened and he’s not going to happen. Stop embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2022 3:09 PM

Not that we need to re-visit this argument, but no, Millennials are NOT Gen Y.

by Anonymousreply 110June 7, 2022 3:12 PM

The night I saw A Strange Loop during previews, I said to my husband, "This guy is never going pull off 8 performances a week". True enough, he just can't physically do it. It's a huge role, plus he's overweight, and on stage the entire time. And it's his first Broadway show. He'd kill himself doing 8 shows a week for the entire summer.

I'm really praying the Tony goes to Rob McClure.

by Anonymousreply 111June 7, 2022 3:14 PM

r104, still wrong. The point is, not everyone under the age of 30 is a millennial--eventually you're crossing over into Gen Z--and many millennials are over 30 (and pushing 40). The phrasing just tells everyone the speaker is lazy and doesn't know who they're actually complaining about.

by Anonymousreply 112June 7, 2022 3:15 PM

Dear r47 (and everyone!), I'm the poster who originally brought up WHICH WAY TO THE STAGE? and Evan Todd, and I'm thrilled you got to see the show and enjoyed it and Evan so much. Such a fresh and genuinely witty show!

It puzzles me why the production didn't get more press and attention but maybe it's just too late in the season and most theater PR is directed towards Broadway and the Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 113June 7, 2022 3:18 PM

Kids, I don't know what's wrong with these kids today....

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2022 3:18 PM

Rob McClure is talented, but he's done leads in 3 or more Broadway shows, and he's still not a box-office star. Don't producers tend to kind of decide to give a chance to someone else to catch on with the public after all these opportunities? They gave up on casting David Cryer after a series of flops. Also, Santino Fontana, despite a Tony, isn't box-office either.

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2022 3:19 PM

I do not care what others thin, Dorothy Loudon would have been a fantastic Dolly. Here she is at a Jerry Herman tribute....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2022 3:19 PM

Movie studios would ease someone out if they didn't catch on after a few big films if they didn't catch on.

by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2022 3:20 PM

What are we going to do about the other generation?

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2022 3:20 PM

Why the fuck can’t lard-ass Jaquel do eight a week? It’s really not that hard a role. #loser #slacker

by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2022 3:21 PM

Santino got a Tony because there was no one else to give it to. He did not deserve it. And there's a reason he hasn't broken out.

by Anonymousreply 120June 7, 2022 3:22 PM

With a strong director, Loudon could really dial back her performance. She was actually, sweet, lovely, ladylike and sympathetic in "Ballroom", guided by the great Michael Bennett. But in a farce such as "Noises Off" and in "Annie" she was raring to go in full comedic output force.

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2022 3:22 PM

I saw London in Jerry’s Grils; she did a moving “Time Heals Everything.

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2022 3:25 PM

How funny, I saw France!

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote] But in a farce such as "Noises Off" and in "Annie" she was raring to go in full comedic output force.

As she should. Both performances are legendary and Easy Street is iconic.

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2022 3:27 PM

and I saw London Lee perform at Shorehaven!

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2022 3:27 PM

That's not a Jerry Herman tribute, r116, it was a Broadway Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 7, 2022 3:27 PM

Dothory was always gerat at BBQ griling.

by Anonymousreply 127June 7, 2022 3:27 PM

Thanks r126...I never read the description or the comments...It looked like a tribute show.

by Anonymousreply 128June 7, 2022 3:33 PM

I want to be a Broadway Star......but I don't want to have to do the shows.....thanks. But I will be able to do all the interviews and have lots of followers on social media.....

In fact - I'm a STAR already.....I'm the Latest Star!

by Anonymousreply 129June 7, 2022 3:36 PM

Well, it basically *was* one, r128...in Broadway show form. I may be misremembering, but I think it closed early because Chita injured herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 7, 2022 3:41 PM

R130. You are correct. Chita’s track was played by various ensemble members after the accident and without a third star it just wasn’t the same.

by Anonymousreply 131June 7, 2022 4:14 PM

Did she get her foot caught in the turntable, r131?

by Anonymousreply 132June 7, 2022 4:16 PM

R132. That was Ann Crumb :). Chita was hit by a cab and ended up with pins in her leg. Chita being Chita she bounced back and is still dancing. God bless the legend.

by Anonymousreply 133June 7, 2022 4:18 PM

So what’s the deal with Sam Gravitte? Is he single, coupled? Any hot hook up stories?

by Anonymousreply 134June 7, 2022 4:33 PM

Chita gives the class and the sass.

by Anonymousreply 135June 7, 2022 4:34 PM

I was not an Annie fan and I did not know Louden(somebody who did said 'she's finally got a hit!') but she was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 136June 7, 2022 4:55 PM

Evan Hansen closing on broadway this Fall.

by Anonymousreply 137June 7, 2022 5:07 PM

Ben will somehow make it about him

by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2022 5:25 PM

Next up… Beanie gets Monkeypox!

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2022 5:26 PM

Crap, I have tickets to A Strange Loop at the matinee in two weeks. I bet the main actor’s going to stop doing all matinees but then

by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote] I'm really praying the Tony goes to Rob McClure.

You really don't understand woke Broadway

by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2022 5:39 PM

Tina closing in August.

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote]How long will the show last if Beanie is out for an extended period?

Hard to say. It's already lasted much longer than it should have.

by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2022 6:09 PM

Call me Michael Riedel but I’m glad Tina and DEH will soon be gone. I’m sick of shows clogging up theaters for years.

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2022 6:09 PM

THIS DAY IN BROADWAY HISTORY: In 1937, "The Case of Philip Lawrence" opened at the Lafayette Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2022 6:25 PM

Tom Stoppard’s ‘Leopoldstadt’ Sets Fall 2022 Broadway Engagement:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2022 6:45 PM

Grease turns 50. Lots of DL favs in attendance. Carole Demas never ages. Of course Ms Marilu Henner was in attendance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2022 6:49 PM

For those who were trashing the new Roxie Hart based on some sort of rehearsal or promo video that should probably not have been posted, maybe you'll find this more to your liking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2022 6:55 PM

I wonder if Barry Bostwick ever put out for Tom Moore during the Grease casting process?

by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2022 6:58 PM

Ummm, no, R148. She's still horrible.

by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2022 7:00 PM

"Stoppard has won four Best Play Tony Awards, more than any other playwright in history."

Didn't know that. 39 year span:

2007| The Coast of Utopia

1984  The Real Thing

1976 Travesties

1968  Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2022 7:06 PM

Or, R150, you're just being a nasty bitch, which apparently you do very well. I won't even bother to ask you to explain what you find so "horrible" about the performance in that clip, because I'm sure you can't.

by Anonymousreply 152June 7, 2022 7:11 PM

R148, honestly, she's not bad, pretty good in fact, Plunky

by Anonymousreply 153June 7, 2022 7:16 PM

The Case of Philip Lawrence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2022 7:28 PM

Mrs James Snyder posting on James Snyder's instagram. So I guess they're fine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2022 7:30 PM

The hands, Marilu...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2022 7:31 PM

Emma is miles better than Melanie Griffith was, based on this new “Roxie” tape.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2022 7:31 PM

She's lacking in pizzazz, r148. She's lovely and seems quite talented, but I don't think Roxie is the role for her.

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2022 7:34 PM

I can barely recall was James Snyder’s scandal was. Didn’t some bitch complain about him being “too familiar” with her and then threaten to quit if he weren’t fired. And then she quit anyway?

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2022 7:36 PM

The theater queen love for Rob McClure has never made much sense to me. In my experience (HONEYMOON IN VEGAS, SOMETHING ROTTEN, BEETLEJUICE), he's agreeable enough but absolutely never comes across as effortless -- the one thing I want in the kind of roles he plays. I can see him Working So Hard to get all his effects.

I don't begrudge the man his career, but a star he ain't, and never will be.

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2022 7:36 PM

Broadway’s ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Announces Closing Date:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2022 7:39 PM

R160, you're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion, it's mostly semantic gobbledy-gook as to whether a performance seems "effortless" or whether the actor seems to be "working hard." Anyway, I'm not sure that the comedy of shows like MRS. DOUBTFIRE and WHERE'S CHARLEY? should seem effortless. One could argue that the obvious effort of that kind of comedy is part of the fun.

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2022 7:43 PM

Tony presenters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2022 7:45 PM

I like Rob McClure and think he's very talented; however, I don't understand (as someone posted recently) that they should give him the Tony this year as some sort of "career" award as if he's had such a long and distinguished run on Broadway. To R160's point, he's certainly done okay for himself but nothing that would warrant such recognition from the community, at least not so far.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2022 7:45 PM

[quote]Grease turns 50. Lots of DL favs in attendance. Carole Demas never ages. Of course Ms Marilu Henner was in attendance.

Is that Ilene Kristen of "Ryan's Hope" with Marilu?

Marilu remembers every single performance and what she wore to the theater that day!

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2022 7:48 PM

R164, Rob McClure deserved to win for Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2022 7:48 PM

Rob McClure has a strange ability to be terrific in a show without making any impression.

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote] Or, [R150], you're just being a nasty bitch, which apparently you do very well. I won't even bother to ask you to explain what you find so "horrible" about the performance in that clip, because I'm sure you can't.

Sure I can. Her singing is wildly uneven. She misses as many notes as she manages to find. Her acting is amateurish at best and she's pretty much giving a high school musical performance. Maybe that's what passes for entertainment these days in long running shows, but I tend to doubt it. I saw Wicked again last Fall after not having seen it for 17 years, and it was the alternate Elphaba on and she was amazing. So there are people who can bring Broadway quality performances without being names. This one can't.

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2022 8:02 PM

Oh, R152 is the person who got all insane because a couple people didn't fall in line with his Evan Todd worship. No wonder.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote] She misses as many notes as she manages to find. Her acting is amateurish at best and she's pretty much giving a high school musical performance.

Having many nieces, I have been forced to watch many a high school musical production. She's far better than that. She may be inexperienced but I think she has a good future in musical theatre

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2022 8:06 PM

There's musical theater and there's Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2022 8:07 PM

When was Henner in Grease? She wasn't in the original cast. Moore was very good looking when young. He won the lottery with the show. Demas looks astounding. Who is her plastic surgeon?

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2022 8:09 PM

I mean it isn't really going to matter. She's in for two weeks. And even if they extended her, that shitshow has been running on fumes longer than it was something special to see. Everyone there is phoning it in at this point, so why not have a mildly talented, if overenthusiastic Roxie? I suppose she brings a little sorely lacking energy to the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2022 8:10 PM

Speaking of CHICAGO: why has there been no project yet around the bullied demise of Jeff “Mary Sunshine Standby” Loeffelholz? It could be a 1-person show, a chamber opera, a Lifetime Original Movie… yet, crickets.

Have the reported perpetrators of the abuse, Walter Bobbie and musical director Leslie Stifelman, stopped them all?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2022 8:11 PM

Walter & Leslie for matinee Sweeney & Mrs. Lovett!!

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2022 8:13 PM

I bet Marilu Henner remembers every inch of Barry Boxwick’s massive tool.

by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2022 8:33 PM

Ilene Graff looks great in those photos. Ilene Kristen? Not so much. But she’s looked like a troll for the past 20 years, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2022 8:42 PM

I saw Marilu(Marty) in the first tour, r172. Judy was Rizzo, Conaway was Danny and Travolta was Doody.

by Anonymousreply 178June 7, 2022 8:43 PM

I guess right after that Travolta and Henner got the Andrews Sisters musical Over Here!

by Anonymousreply 179June 7, 2022 8:46 PM

R176, Marilu fucked Judd Hirsch. I mean, would you?

by Anonymousreply 180June 7, 2022 9:20 PM

Marilu starred in the national tour of Annie Get Your Gun.

by Anonymousreply 181June 7, 2022 9:21 PM

Back in the day, Judd Hirsch could get it (could have gotten it?). Good for Marilu.

by Anonymousreply 182June 7, 2022 9:24 PM

I will forever love Carole Demas as being half of the Magic Garden duo.

by Anonymousreply 183June 7, 2022 9:24 PM

Marilu starred in *A* national tour of Annie Get Your Gun, not *THE*.

by Anonymousreply 184June 7, 2022 9:30 PM

[quote]I can see him Working So Hard to get all his effects.

He's the king of flop sweat!

by Anonymousreply 185June 7, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote]r183 I will forever love Carole Demas as being half of the Magic Garden duo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Carole & Barry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 7, 2022 9:38 PM

R182, What "day" was that? Judd has always been homely.

by Anonymousreply 188June 7, 2022 9:40 PM

Young Budd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 7, 2022 9:41 PM

[quote]Sure I can. Her singing is wildly uneven. She misses as many notes as she manages to find. Her acting is amateurish at best and she's pretty much giving a high school musical performance.

What you wrote is not true of her performance in the clip from the actual show. I can only guess that you're reacting very badly to her decision to speak a few of the lyrics rather than sing them, but when she needs to hit a strong note as in "Who says that murder's not an art?", she certainly does. So I strongly disagree with you.

[quote]Oh, [R152] is the person who got all insane because a couple people didn't fall in line with his Evan Todd worship. No wonder.

That's not what happened at all, I merely objected to your stupid and pointless post (or someone else's) that "not everyone here is a fan of Evan Todd," which goes without saying. Like a four year old, you responded by shrieking that I couldn't stand anyone not liking Evan (which of course is not the case) and also by making the idiotic accusation that I only like him on stage because you think I want to fuck him. THAT'S what actually happened, you creep.

by Anonymousreply 190June 7, 2022 9:47 PM

[quote] When was Henner in Grease? She wasn't in the original cast.

r172 Mary Lucy Denise Pudlowski first replaced in 1976. I saw her (school trip) with Treat williams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 7, 2022 9:49 PM

[quote]the idiotic accusation that I only like him on stage because you think I want to fuck him

Let us keep in mind that liking him onstage and wanting to fuck him are not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 192June 7, 2022 9:51 PM

I forgot how fabulous this was...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 7, 2022 9:52 PM

Marilu was the original Marty in Chicago. She declined to go to NY with the show. Maybe she was finishing college? But she did play Marty on tour. I love Carole Demas because she got canned (probably unjustly) from two high profile musicals but never seemed to give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 194June 7, 2022 9:55 PM

Why did they have no room for Tovah Feldshuh flashing her panties, R193 ? ! ?

by Anonymousreply 195June 7, 2022 10:00 PM

The new Roxie girl is great, acting-wise. She's landing a lot of laughs that even the most well known and well seasoned Roxies haven't, but I think the issue is that the score sits too low in her voice. She can clearly sing, but she's not able to project the notes loudly because of how low they are. Her acting more than makes up for it. I like her energy and I bet she makes for a very likable Roxie.

by Anonymousreply 196June 7, 2022 10:05 PM

Chris Colfer did the best " Rose's Turn."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 7, 2022 10:10 PM

I see Beanie's PR team has moved on to Emma Pittman. We always need new star performers but this girl isn't it. She's actually very pretty and dances well but a headliner? No.

by Anonymousreply 198June 7, 2022 10:17 PM

To make the Tony's more memorable, I hope someone brings Michael Jackson's victims to the show. Also, I hope the former company of Great Comet, ambush racist Orivo on stage and beat the shit out of her

by Anonymousreply 199June 7, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote]She's actually very pretty and dances well

Well enough to do Girl in Yellow Dress?

by Anonymousreply 200June 7, 2022 10:30 PM

That rehearsal tape of Emma should never have been released. It’s awful. And I’m the one who posted it here. The performance video is much better and she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 201June 7, 2022 10:32 PM

r188, any and every day ending in the letter "y."

by Anonymousreply 202June 7, 2022 10:35 PM

Speaking of Evan Todd what happened with the report of sex tapes with him getting double penetrated?

by Anonymousreply 203June 8, 2022 12:27 AM

For all the talk about him bottoming there is a noticeable lack of photos from the rear publicly available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 8, 2022 12:40 AM

Thank you r204 for providing a little fun here.

by Anonymousreply 205June 8, 2022 12:43 AM

Nane Leaks can pull of 8 preforminces weeks. She dids alredy An has the stuff to be great Frannie Bruce

by Anonymousreply 206June 8, 2022 12:48 AM

Well wishes from Julie Benko. They’re promoting her hard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 8, 2022 12:49 AM

Nell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 8, 2022 12:55 AM

R204, that's a nice perky ass. I sure hope it's getting plowed regularly.

by Anonymousreply 209June 8, 2022 1:00 AM

I know that Demas was replaced by Watson in Nanette. I don't know why. What was the other big musical? And before all this she was naked in some play(because that's always important) and I don't know the name of that either.

I saw Grease in previews at the Broadhurst just after the move from the Eden. Not in a gazillion years did I think it would turn into one of the immortal musicals. I remember a critic at the time saying it deserved the superlatives of musicals like Pal Joey and Guys and Dolls. I thought you've got to be kidding. What an idiot. And it became bigger and more memorable than either of them.

by Anonymousreply 210June 8, 2022 1:01 AM

Hirsch in a classic Taxi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 8, 2022 1:08 AM

R210 The Baker’s Wife

by Anonymousreply 212June 8, 2022 1:10 AM

So between Evan Todd and Rob McClure the theme of this thread is totally average white men?

by Anonymousreply 213June 8, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote]Nane Leaks can pull of 8 preforminces weeks. She dids alredy An has the stuff to be great Frannie Bruce

So sorry about your aphasia.

by Anonymousreply 214June 8, 2022 1:26 AM

Can you get monkeypox from being eaten out?

If so, Beanie might be in danger!

by Anonymousreply 215June 8, 2022 1:26 AM

You're welcome, r205. Happy to contribute.

by Anonymousreply 216June 8, 2022 1:42 AM

The original production of Grease had one male and one female understudy but that was back when actors rarely, if ever, missed shows. Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 217June 8, 2022 1:46 AM

If these are our leading men, I know why Broadway is dead.

Someone please explain who finds Gavin Creeel attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 8, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote]The original production of Grease had one male and one female understudy but that was back when actors rarely, if ever, missed shows. Can you imagine?

I can imagine it.

by Anonymousreply 219June 8, 2022 2:01 AM

[r206] Bruce Willis I’m so glad you are back on DL

by Anonymousreply 220June 8, 2022 2:29 AM

[quote] I see Beanie's PR team has moved on to Emma Pittman. We always need new star performers but this girl isn't it. She's actually very pretty and dances well but a headliner? No.

Thank you. I don't know when we got overrun by a bunch of shrieking fangurls, but your idol is thoroughly mediocre in every way. She'd be great on a cruise ship, but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 221June 8, 2022 2:44 AM

“ She'd be great on a cruise ship, ”

As ballast

by Anonymousreply 222June 8, 2022 2:49 AM

Rob McClure did the surefire comic role inn Where's Charley at Encores and I didn't laugh once.

by Anonymousreply 223June 8, 2022 2:54 AM

Thank you for sharing, r223.

by Anonymousreply 224June 8, 2022 2:57 AM

Yes, R223. We needed that insight dearly.

by Anonymousreply 225June 8, 2022 3:23 AM

Apparently it is, r209.

by Anonymousreply 226June 8, 2022 3:27 AM

[quote]Let us keep in mind that liking him onstage and wanting to fuck him are not mutually exclusive.

True, but the idiot poster here felt it necessary to say that was the ONLY reason I liked him onstage. So many loons posting here :-(

[quote]Rob McClure did the surefire comic role inn Where's Charley at Encores and I didn't laugh once.

That's fine if you didn't, but City Center was filled with audience laughter over Rob's comic brilliance in the show. And there is an audio recording to prove it. So maybe, just maybe, there's something wrong with YOUR sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 227June 8, 2022 3:31 AM

[quote]love Carole Demas because she got canned (probably unjustly) from two high profile musicals but never seemed to give a fuck.

Those high profile musicals were No No Nanette and The Baker’s Wife. In the case of Nanette, she was fired about eight days before the out of-town tryout began. Susan Watson took over and, being a seasoned pro, mastered the part in a few days, including some tricky dance steps.

With The Baker’s Wife, Carole played the previews and first week of performances in Los Angeles. They knew they were in trouble even before the so-so reviews, and chose to dump Carole, who was not the problem. Teri Ralston was the understudy and played Genevieve while Patti LuPone rehearsed it. Patti took over after a few days. So the reality is that Patti was never the first person to sing “Meadowlark.” Carole Demas was. Then Teri Ralston. Patti was the third one to sing it. (There used to be a video on YouTube of Demas singing it in her cabaret act).

by Anonymousreply 228June 8, 2022 3:37 AM

Somebody on this thread really doesn't like the idea of basic white dudes being attractive.

by Anonymousreply 229June 8, 2022 3:45 AM

Carole's Meadowlark...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 8, 2022 3:45 AM

Teri's...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 8, 2022 3:47 AM

It’s interesting, there are a couple of clumsy modulations in Teri’s version. I guess she was able to sing the intro and coda in the samggbkey as Demas, but they had to modulate down for the refrains, to put them in a key she could really belt.

by Anonymousreply 232June 8, 2022 4:06 AM

Does anyone have a tape of Carole Demas singing when she was actually playing the part?

by Anonymousreply 233June 8, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote]Have the reported perpetrators of the abuse, Walter Bobbie and musical director Leslie Stifelman, stopped them all?

That story never made sense to me, r174. Walter Bobbie can be an asshole, but I never heard a bad thing about the MD. Chicago kept a legally blind dancer employed for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 8, 2022 4:08 AM

[quote]R232 I guess she was able to sing the intro and coda in the [bold]samggbkey [/bold]as Demas

Sounds difficult!

by Anonymousreply 235June 8, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote] That's fine if you didn't, but City Center was filled with audience laughter over Rob's comic brilliance in the show. And there is an audio recording to prove it. So maybe, just maybe, there's something wrong with YOUR sense of humor.

Could you shut the fuck up already? Your know-it-all dictatorial bullshit is really grating. You've done nothing but tell people how to think since you flapped your wings and landed here. You're really fucking annoying. And I'll save you some time tracking me- I'm not the only one who thinks so.

by Anonymousreply 236June 8, 2022 4:22 AM

Speaking of Grease and Walter Bobbie ,why wasn't he at the 50 Year Reunion? He was the original Roger singing "Moonin'" with Garn Stephens, who was fired from ALNM.

by Anonymousreply 237June 8, 2022 4:51 AM

R237, After Garn was fired, they brought her back to Grease and fired Jamie Donnelly who replaced her and would one day play Jan in the film.

by Anonymousreply 238June 8, 2022 4:52 AM

"Garn!"

by Anonymousreply 239June 8, 2022 4:54 AM

R213 you're right. We should probably talk about mediocre BIPOC actors who are lavished with praise right now because of their color.

by Anonymousreply 240June 8, 2022 5:09 AM

Beanie got the same strain of Covid that Prince Andrew got...

The "Conveniently Timed So I Don't Have To Go To Gigs I Don't Wanna/Ain't Welcome At/They Didn't Nominate Me" Strain of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 241June 8, 2022 7:04 AM

[quote]After Garn was fired, they brought her back to Grease and fired Jamie Donnelly who replaced her

Garn did okay a couple of years later. She was in the supporting cast of the second year of Phyllis. For a long time it looked like they were going to get a third season, but Judith Lowry had died and even though they did a whole half-season without her, CBS decided to pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 242June 8, 2022 7:22 AM

R242, Hence, no "Mother Dexter" spin-off.

by Anonymousreply 243June 8, 2022 11:24 AM

How to hire Beanie Feldstein. Hurry, as I'm sure her bookings are sky high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 8, 2022 11:33 AM

Wow. She seems to be in the 75-150k range for an appearance. And what does she do for the $$? Not singing, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 245June 8, 2022 11:38 AM

She will also except payment in Whoppers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 8, 2022 12:24 PM

accept not except

by Anonymousreply 247June 8, 2022 12:25 PM

[quote]She was in the supporting cast of the second year of Phyllis.

They created a sitcom about Phyllis from Follies? Sounds wacky.

by Anonymousreply 248June 8, 2022 12:54 PM

Especially the crossover episode with the sitcom Stella! featuring a young Marlon Brando

by Anonymousreply 249June 8, 2022 1:00 PM

Thank you R236. The Evan Todd Troll™️ is beyond annoying.

by Anonymousreply 250June 8, 2022 1:13 PM

R236, all I did was give a FACTUAL report that Rob McClure's performance in WHERE'S CHARLEY? earned huge laughs from the audience, based on my own viewing of the show live as well as a bootleg audio. And I suggested that, if you didn't find him funny, perhaps your own sense of humor is the issue. You responded with a list of grammar school-level insults, behind the shield of anonymity. Because that's the kind of person you are.

by Anonymousreply 251June 8, 2022 1:15 PM

Not nearly annoying as someone who keeps bringing it up, when it was long forgotten already. Why? Just so you can have the last word, r 250? That’s awfully Aspie-ish behavior. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you’re not both the same person. In any event, you’re the biggest DL sin: you are boring.

by Anonymousreply 252June 8, 2022 1:19 PM

Thanks, R252. The percentage of mentally ill and/or emotionally disturbed people who post here is alarmingly high. And as for the rabid anti-Evan Todd troll, one can only imagine what the damage is there.

by Anonymousreply 253June 8, 2022 1:24 PM

To clarify: is the Evan Todd troll the one who finds him attractive or the one who doesn't find him attractive?

by Anonymousreply 254June 8, 2022 1:27 PM

To clarify, they're both boring. And the queens who try to have insulting back and forth conversations here ruin everything just as they did in junior high which is why no one sat with them then and why they're bitter and can only have social intercourse (or any intercourse) here.

They suck ass--and not in the good way.

by Anonymousreply 255June 8, 2022 1:33 PM

Shhh, stop talking about it R254. No one cares what it thinks. Ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 256June 8, 2022 1:33 PM

R234, Wow, the original cast of the Chicago revival really was stellar

by Anonymousreply 257June 8, 2022 1:35 PM

I have been dubbed the "Evan Todd troll" by some creep who posts here, because I posted that Evan gave an excellent performance in WHICH WAY TO THE STAGE? In turn, I have dubbed that creep the "anti-Evan Todd troll," because he's obsessed with the subject and KEEPS BRINGING IT UP, as R252 noted.

I hope that clarifies the situation :-)

by Anonymousreply 258June 8, 2022 1:35 PM

New Follies directed by Ivo van Hove in planning stages. Beanie Feldstein as Phyllis and Evan Todd as Ben are rumored names.

by Anonymousreply 259June 8, 2022 1:37 PM

I welcome posts by the Evan Todd Troll but solely if there are more pictures...

by Anonymousreply 260June 8, 2022 1:38 PM

R260, ask and ye shall receive :-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 8, 2022 1:42 PM

R261, nice...but where's the purported video...

by Anonymousreply 262June 8, 2022 1:43 PM

Ryan Murphy Netflix miniseries about the road to Broadway for Follies is in development with Sarah Paulson as Alexis Smith.

by Anonymousreply 263June 8, 2022 2:07 PM

Speaking of Alexis, today is her 101th birthday!

(Btw, did anyone here see Platinum?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 8, 2022 2:19 PM

R263, Well, that's appropriate casting.

by Anonymousreply 265June 8, 2022 2:29 PM

Sean Hayes Announces GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR Will Come To Broadway:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 8, 2022 2:33 PM

Jesse Green reviews "Bedwetter":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 8, 2022 2:37 PM

I do hope before GOODNIGHT, OSCAR arrives on Broadway they replace Sean Hayes' $4.99 polyester scrunchy velour slippers with some period-perfect leather house shoes.

by Anonymousreply 268June 8, 2022 2:50 PM

Having recently seen THE BEDWETTER at the Atlantic, I'd say Jesse Green was being kind.

What a disappointment! Some of the writing and lyrics are genuinely funny but everything else is utterly clueless. The ugliest and least helpful design I've ever seen in a show in NY and that includes the clumsy and generic sets and the horrifyingly unflattering costumes and abominable wigs. The direction is so amateurish, it felt like watching chaotic tech rehearsals, not a finished production, especially when 6 stagehands in all their headset gear keep appearing and shuttling unnecessary furniture off and on the stage. In spite of all that, some very good work from Caissie Levy and Darren Goldstein as the parents and the redoubtable Bebe Newirth as Nana. The young lead is screechy and annoying AF and the supporting cast isn't much better, all over-playing the comedy with shit-eating grins like a desperate SNL sketch.

I don't think this one is moving uptown.

by Anonymousreply 269June 8, 2022 3:01 PM

Indeed, r264...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 8, 2022 3:05 PM

Maybe the show will cause Sarah Silverman to disappear for good.

by Anonymousreply 271June 8, 2022 3:09 PM

Evan Todd has a specific freckle on his taint that makes him very recognizable in his hole pics/vids

by Anonymousreply 272June 8, 2022 3:09 PM

I remember Kaye Ballard being in Pirates and she was shocked by the absences as she had come from a time when one had to be in seriously bad shape to miss a performance. I imagine there was the serious threat of losing your job. With all the good performers unemployed why is this no longer a threat? I can't imagine a performer at any level saying to David Merrick, Hal Prince or Alexander Cohen, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Cheryl Crawford and Irene Selznick Listen I've got a wedding to go to so I'm going to miss an entire weekend. It would have been unthinkable. Opera singers were another matter keeping opera administrators and audiences terrified that a star singer might not show.

by Anonymousreply 273June 8, 2022 3:49 PM

FANNY WATCH: Julie Benko : "Hi all! I’m confirmed to be on for Fanny [in Funny Girl] through the end of this week (Sunday 6/11). See you at the August Wilson, gorgeous… and feel better Beanie!"

by Anonymousreply 274June 8, 2022 3:50 PM

Sooner or later someone's gonna do an All About Eve parody of this Funny Girl production.

by Anonymousreply 275June 8, 2022 3:55 PM

That’s so funny. You just know that Beanie secretly loathes Julie Benko.

by Anonymousreply 276June 8, 2022 3:55 PM

Or thanks her, since she doesn't have to go to the theater. She's through with the show and can't wait to get out. They don't make them like the used to. This generation is " If I can't be successful right away, I'll just quit."

by Anonymousreply 277June 8, 2022 4:12 PM

Ramin looks overjoyed to be sharing a curtain call with Julie and very sweetly kisses her hand.

by Anonymousreply 278June 8, 2022 5:14 PM

Whatever else one thinks about the collapse of a relationship between Megan Mullally and Debra Messing, it’s so much more painful the destruction of the relationship between Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 279June 8, 2022 5:18 PM

But it was all Megan’s fault, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 280June 8, 2022 5:33 PM

So, has Benko performed more than Beanie at this point? What are they going to do in a week when Beanie doesn’t come back? They will not give this show to Benko. Are they going to give it to Lea Michelle?

by Anonymousreply 281June 8, 2022 5:35 PM

Are those August dates that Julie Benko posted over a month ago still valid? I want to see the show (since this will likely be the only revival during my lifetime), but I do not want to see Beanie.

by Anonymousreply 282June 8, 2022 5:46 PM

Cool that GOODNIGHT OSCAR is transferring. I've heard good things.

by Anonymousreply 283June 8, 2022 5:55 PM

GOODNIGHT OSCAR should be the title of G's autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 284June 8, 2022 6:04 PM

Ramin also kisses Beanie’s hand every night but it’s covered in bacon grease.

by Anonymousreply 285June 8, 2022 6:06 PM

I don't understand why they just didn't do it w/ Lea Michelle in the first place. She's hard working, she shows up. Whatever anyone thinks of the character, the role requires a terrific singer, first and foremost.

by Anonymousreply 286June 8, 2022 6:15 PM

So glad The Bedwetter got hammered. I can't stand Sarah Silverman. I don't usually root for a show to bomb if I haven't seen it and know it's terrible (but with the Atlantic lately, odds are it will be) but I loathe her and her sudden wokeness and bitching about "jewface" which is completely ridiculous. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 287June 8, 2022 6:17 PM

For a moment I thought that was Ava Gardner at R270.

by Anonymousreply 288June 8, 2022 6:19 PM

She certainly could've made the romantic plot work and would've been reunited w/ Jane Lynch. The people running this show are bozos.

by Anonymousreply 289June 8, 2022 6:19 PM

Pertinent to our interests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 8, 2022 6:20 PM

Drama Desk winners, if anyone cares

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 8, 2022 6:22 PM

Wow, the Drama Desks went full on "reparations" this year.

by Anonymousreply 292June 8, 2022 6:25 PM

We're woke!!!!

by Anonymousreply 293June 8, 2022 6:27 PM

"The Bedwetter" sounds like a sequel to "Urinetown".

by Anonymousreply 294June 8, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]They will not give this show to Benko. Are they going to give it to Lea Michelle?

Now that will be a coup de théâtre!

by Anonymousreply 295June 8, 2022 6:32 PM

I have a friend who makes major award prognostications (Oscar, Tony, Emmy) based on whatever/whoever wins the lesser awards prior or comes up in the Gold Derby races. He now SWEARS Ruben Santiago-Hudson is going to win Best Lead Actor in a Play because of the DD. And he SWEARS Myles Frost will win because someone on Gold Derby has him in 1st place. And he'll change his mind five more times before Sunday if anyone in a position of authority suggests otherwise. It's exhausting. I've never seen someone so suggestible in my life.

by Anonymousreply 296June 8, 2022 6:33 PM

Actually, r295, more like cootie theater!

by Anonymousreply 297June 8, 2022 6:34 PM

I know this was hours ago, but I couldn't post then, and this can never be posted enough IMO. Phyllis credits (with Garn in the closing).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 8, 2022 6:34 PM

Garn's Miller's Son...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 8, 2022 6:37 PM

I saw "A Little Night Music" during its Boston tryout, and after Garn sang, "The Miller's Son," I turned to my friend and said, "She'll be replaced in New York."

by Anonymousreply 300June 8, 2022 6:41 PM

R299. Jesus

by Anonymousreply 301June 8, 2022 6:45 PM

Garn married hot daddy Tom Atkins and got chubby.

by Anonymousreply 302June 8, 2022 6:47 PM

Mooning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 8, 2022 6:49 PM

HOLY CRAP! The title of that BroadwayWorld article pretty much states that SIX won the Best Musical award at the Drama Desks, but the article itself correctly has KIMBERLY AKIMBO as the winner. That's a whopper of a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 304June 8, 2022 6:52 PM

Will woke never end for theatre? Or will woke END theatre?

by Anonymousreply 305June 8, 2022 7:41 PM

It will be refreshing if Hugh and Sutton do NOT win Sunday evening.

by Anonymousreply 306June 8, 2022 8:05 PM

I don’t think either of them are expected to, R306.

by Anonymousreply 307June 8, 2022 8:06 PM

Yeah, I don't think either are the front runner in their respective categories.

by Anonymousreply 308June 8, 2022 8:14 PM

NY Mag is predicting they both win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309June 8, 2022 8:27 PM

Is it true Hugh and Sutton are the reason for the delay in the recording of the cast recording, holding out for a better $$$ deal?

Traditionally, Broadway cast albums were always recorded the Sunday after opening night.

by Anonymousreply 310June 8, 2022 9:03 PM

I would honestly imagine the delay in the recording of TMM revival is due to questioning whether anyone wants to hear versions of those songs "sung" by two totally and inferior unsuitable leads. I mean, what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 311June 8, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote]R305 Will woke never end for theatre? Or will woke END theatre?

Well, hopefully it ends you so you’ll shut up, finally.

by Anonymousreply 312June 8, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote]I would honestly imagine the delay in the recording of TMM revival is due to questioning whether anyone wants to hear versions of those songs "sung" by two totally and inferior unsuitable leads. I mean, what's the point?

It occurred to me that maybe Hugh and Sutton are both using money as the ostensible reason why they're holding out on a cast album, when it's really that they both realize an album would do them no favors -- her because she's vocally miscast in her role, him because his voice is in such awful shape.

by Anonymousreply 313June 8, 2022 9:46 PM

R312 must be woke.

by Anonymousreply 314June 8, 2022 9:56 PM

Good lord, R299. Holy moley.

by Anonymousreply 315June 8, 2022 10:07 PM

All the surviving cast members of ALNM speak highly of Garn Stephens, who was the superior actress, and they feel she got a bum deal. Miller’s Son wasn’t written till late in the rehearsal process, and no one really helped Garn learn it.

by Anonymousreply 316June 8, 2022 10:12 PM

Garn definitely sounds underrehearsed. Was the creative team somehow looking for a way to get rid of her and hire a different type?

by Anonymousreply 317June 8, 2022 10:23 PM

Come From Away closing in the fall

by Anonymousreply 318June 8, 2022 11:16 PM

Isn't it an all but unbreakable rule that actors are paid one whole week's salary for making the recording and that no one asks for a salary negotiation?

I don't remember ev er hearing that soimeone was earning more for the OC. But I do recall that Joan Jett's agent, who was probably not used to Broadway, tried to get her more money for The Rocky Horror Show and the label just replaced her with someone else.

Anyway, an extra week's star salary for just one day's work really is pay enough, surely.

by Anonymousreply 319June 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Cocks? Ok R3 and R4, Several years ago the play THE HISTORY BOYS toured about for over 600 performances, ending up on Broadway for a six-month run in 2006, earning many awards. Ten reasonably studly English actors were in the cast, many single, single now. Anyone see any of them around, know any, have sex with one, have any cock stories?

by Anonymousreply 320June 8, 2022 11:32 PM

Interesting read

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Interesting that "Come from Away" is closing in October...Odd date. Usually it's right around Labor Day. Wonder what the Shuberts are up to?

by Anonymousreply 322June 8, 2022 11:41 PM

A closing around Labor Day might be too close to 9/11 and the anniversary for comfort. Bad optics?

Alternately, the cynical take might be that they're expecting a box office boost around that time, for anniversary reasons?

by Anonymousreply 323June 8, 2022 11:49 PM

Jesse Green in the NYT. declaring Robbins, Fosse, etc to be monstrous. Strange article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324June 8, 2022 11:49 PM

It really is a weird article, isn’t it? You can feel him wanting him to be a good little NYTimes wokester on the one hand and a reasonable theatre professional on the other. God bless Chita.

by Anonymousreply 325June 9, 2022 12:06 AM

I didn't think Garn's version of Miller's Son was all that bad since it was early in the previews and it's a ridiculously difficult song. Listening to the audience, she was clearly funny and in character and this was also a show with two other definite non singers, Glynis Johns and Hermione Gingold. Cariou said she was getting better gradually and could have one it but she was way way better in the role than D. Jamin Bartlett, although Barlett sang the song well.

by Anonymousreply 326June 9, 2022 12:13 AM

Hugh and Sutton don’t seem like greedy types and I doubt they would screw the cast out of a weeks pay for recording the show. We really don’t need another MM recording.

by Anonymousreply 327June 9, 2022 12:13 AM

Willemijn Verkaik closed in Come From Away in the Netherlands last weekend but is playing Mrs.Danvers in Rebecca in Vienna starting in September. She should be playing Bobbie in Company. Rosalie Craig reminded me a lot of her when I saw it in London. I don’t think Sondheim shows are put on at all in the Netherlands. Is it because his lyrics would be particularly difficult to translate into Dutch?

by Anonymousreply 328June 9, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] Was the creative team somehow looking for a way to get rid of her and hire a different type?

No. The Miller’s Son was not in the show, nor planned for it, when it was cast & rehearsals started. Silly People was written for that place, for Frid. But Hal began to suspect they needed something punchier. Steve had one of his bursts of inspiration, and delivered The Miller’s Son a few days before they left for Boston.

It didn’t help Bartlett with the cast that she was cool and professional but not overly friendly, and that her acting couldn’t come close to Garn’s.

by Anonymousreply 329June 9, 2022 12:23 AM

And Millers Son was totally superfluous. So many people didn't understand the meaning. And what is this uneducated maid doing singing these complicated rhymes. Sondheim hates I Feel Pretty for "it's alarming how charming I feel" but this is way worse.

by Anonymousreply 330June 9, 2022 12:29 AM

R328, I fear if Sondheim lyrics were translated into Dutch (or German, for that matter), his musicals would all last 4 hours long.

Seriously, they would be unsingable, if they were even translatable. Imagine trying to capture all the wordplay. Or make the jokes land.

by Anonymousreply 331June 9, 2022 12:34 AM

Lots of new musicals next season. The Shuberts have dollar signs in their eyes.

"How can I screw the next production for more rent"?

by Anonymousreply 332June 9, 2022 12:42 AM

I don’t think anyone misses the point of Miller’s Son. Petra considers her options and settles into the one that fits, however she may wish otherwise.

They may miss the point of the song in the show, but that says more about an audience’s willingness to think just a little bit. The entire show is based on people choosing the wrong option in love, but somehow settling their way into the one that fits. In fact, the source material (“Summers of a Summer Night”) ends with Petra abc Frid celebrating everything passing by.

by Anonymousreply 333June 9, 2022 12:42 AM

The Miller’s Son was a huge hit, though, even if you don’t care for it, r330. It was the second most- mentioned song in the score (after Srnd in the Clowns). But they rushed in their search for someone who could sing it well. Bartlett could, but she was a nondescript presence in the show otherwise. If Garn had stayed in the part and had been coached into a real performance of the song, no one would have questioned why this character was singing.

by Anonymousreply 334June 9, 2022 12:45 AM

R333 and R334, in Sondheim and Company, there is a long discussion on how misunderstood the song is by professionals. Sondheim said it's dilly and dally and romp in the hay but others thought it was about a girl who had to stay within her social orbit.

And no way was it the most mentioned song after SITC. It was clearly A Weekend In the Country because it closed out Act 1 on such a high because of the repeat choruses.

by Anonymousreply 335June 9, 2022 12:51 AM

D'Jamin was perfectly fine in the role. She was electric singing the song. It's not like she had Hamlet's soliloquoys for the rest of her role. She rolled around with Frid on stage a bit is mostly what I recall and had some lines in a few scenes. Plus she took part in "A Weekend in the Country" ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 336June 9, 2022 12:51 AM

Ab in den Wald

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 9, 2022 12:51 AM

Checked out Drama Book Shop today. Very lovely store, with some gorgeous posters of Broadway plays, Folies Bergeres, etc. A bit too much of LMM all-around -- he's even on some of the reusable drinking cups they sell. But at least "Hamilton" and "In the Heights" were being played on a perpetual loop like I feared they might have been. Very nice staff, too. So good on him!

by Anonymousreply 338June 9, 2022 12:56 AM

were NOT being played, that is

by Anonymousreply 339June 9, 2022 12:56 AM

I saw the original ALNM, thought "The Miller's Son" was electrifying, never thought twice about D'Jamin's abilities. Of courxe, I was 15.

by Anonymousreply 340June 9, 2022 1:03 AM

I love all of you bitches so much! So here's a little treat, Evan Todd presenting hole in a jockstrap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 9, 2022 1:08 AM

R335, out of curiosity, could you check your cite? There is not much said of Miller’s Son in Sondheim & Co. beyond discussion of Garn’s firing. I also went through Finishing the Hat, and he has no comments (after a long discussion of Silly People). I’ve never heard of Sondheim saying what you claim he says, but I’d love to find the quote.

by Anonymousreply 342June 9, 2022 1:11 AM

Any rumors to the truth that Lens Dunham is being rehearsed 24/7 to take over from Beanny in FG?

by Anonymousreply 343June 9, 2022 1:21 AM

Sure, R343. Because after the Beanie debacle, the producers would definitely want another fat actress who can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 344June 9, 2022 1:24 AM

R341, That ass looks too beefy to be Evan Todd's.

by Anonymousreply 345June 9, 2022 1:25 AM

R341, That hole has seen more activity than Old Faithful. It looks like month old pastrami.

by Anonymousreply 346June 9, 2022 1:30 AM

[quote]R335 Sondheim said it's dilly and dally and romp in the hay but others thought it was about a girl who had to stay within her social orbit.

Well, are we to think housemaids at the turn of the century had unlimited marriage options?

by Anonymousreply 347June 9, 2022 1:37 AM

Much like the Reichard pic, it was inevitable that once someone posted something, the skeptics would immediately deny it's him.

But as 157 in the last thread noted, the photos were taken in his dressing room, which he posted a lot on social media and was interviewed in. Note the couch and the big pillow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 9, 2022 1:37 AM

Woof, just read that New York Times article. It's enough to make you never want to hire anyone between the ages of 18-30.

by Anonymousreply 349June 9, 2022 1:38 AM

Jesse Green should know better than to write shit like that. I guess his job must be in jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 350June 9, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote] Much like the Reichard pic

wait, did someone post Reichard's dong?

W H E R E ??????

by Anonymousreply 351June 9, 2022 1:48 AM

Back in 463 and 464. And r5 in 466.

by Anonymousreply 352June 9, 2022 2:14 AM

I like Evan’s hole.

by Anonymousreply 353June 9, 2022 3:01 AM

We're going to have another big cull this summer and fall, aren't we?

by Anonymousreply 354June 9, 2022 3:16 AM

[quote]Any rumors to the truth that Lens Dunham is being rehearsed 24/7 to take over from Beanny in FG?

Unlike Beanie, who merely has COVID, I have LONG COVID, among several other chronic afflictions, and am unable to do anything 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 355June 9, 2022 3:21 AM

Sondheim experts, why would Garn Stephens leave GREASE to do a non-singing role, even if it was the new Prince-Sondheim show? Would it really have been a smart career move without the song?

by Anonymousreply 356June 9, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote]Woof, just read that New York Times article. It's enough to make you never want to hire anyone between the ages of 18-30.

Pretty simple actually. Don't try to fuck them in exchange for work and don't throw furniture at them.

Is that really too difficult for theatre professionals to manage?

by Anonymousreply 357June 9, 2022 3:36 AM

R348, How is it that YOU obtained Evan's hole pic?

by Anonymousreply 358June 9, 2022 3:50 AM

R356. Maybe she was tired of Grease and wanted a new adventure.

by Anonymousreply 359June 9, 2022 4:04 AM

I’m assuming To Kill a Mockingbird will not be returning. Weird that there hasn’t been an announcement.

by Anonymousreply 360June 9, 2022 4:06 AM

From that Jesse Green article:

[quote]There have, of course, been inspiring teachers and successful creators who were not monsters, but the monsters had a way of legitimizing bad behavior generally. Hal Prince was often considered the nicest of the great men — but ask Patti LuPone about him.

Well, considering that LuPone has publicly trashed a huge percentage of all the people she has ever worked with, verbally and/or in print, perhaps we might not consider her the most objective or reliable source on this subject.

Two other fatal flaws in Green's article: (1) he somehow tries to conflate the horrible behavior of theater tyrants like Robbins et al. with the lack of representation of POC in the theater until recently, a tenuous argument at best; (2) he quotes Karen Olivo, and the inclusion of those quotes calls the credibility of the whole article into question.

by Anonymousreply 361June 9, 2022 4:08 AM

Richard Rodgers was as much a pig as Harvey Weinstein.

Every ingenue on Broadway knew never to find herself alone in a room with him.

I'm looking at you, Shirley Jones and Diahann Carroll.

by Anonymousreply 362June 9, 2022 4:14 AM

R348 - Damn that's some excellent sleuthing with the pillow and couch. Wow and HOT.

by Anonymousreply 363June 9, 2022 4:18 AM

R352 Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 364June 9, 2022 4:18 AM

It's a brown sofa. Wow. Probably the ONLY one of its kind. Maybe you can move on to who killed JonBenet next.

by Anonymousreply 365June 9, 2022 4:19 AM

Karen's boyfriend's back...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 9, 2022 4:37 AM

r365 Given the other ass pics show the same pillows, same throw and same frames above, then yeah, one of a kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367June 9, 2022 4:50 AM

Where else but DL can one find Jesse Williams' cock, Daniel Reichard's cock, Evan Todd's hole and Jay Armstrong Johnson and his partner fucking a twink?

by Anonymousreply 368June 9, 2022 5:24 AM

I want to speak to a manager.

by Anonymousreply 369June 9, 2022 6:03 AM

R113,

R47 here, and again, thank you for strongly recommending WHICH WAY TO THE STAGE? Your advice was heeded, and I'm all the richer for it.

Also, please ignore the Evan Todd hater. He didn't see the show (obviously), and neither of us is trying to "make him happen" (as if that were possible). We simply saw that a hunk get a role he could shine in. And he did.

I saw AMERICAN BUFFALO this afternoon in advance of the Tony Awards. I was bored. Sam Rockwell was great, but there was less to the play than I remember. I think I even preferred that most recent Broadway revival, the one that closed after a few performances. But I was highly amused to get a Pride version of a Playbill for a Mamet play. That's a keeper.

Saw THE BEDWETTER on Saturday. The reviews feel mostly fair. I enjoyed the show but wanted, sadly, a stronger score, and Adam Schlesinger isn't going to get to work on it to make it better. Fucking Covid. I wonder if the creative team is going to ask David Yazbek to take a more active role in the production moving forward. I hope so. This show has potential but isn't quite ready to go the distance.

by Anonymousreply 370June 9, 2022 6:24 AM

R361 wins

by Anonymousreply 371June 9, 2022 6:26 AM

[quote] Also, please ignore the Evan Todd hater. He didn't see the show (obviously), and neither of us is trying to "make him happen" (as if that were possible). We simply saw that a hunk get a role he could shine in. And he did.

You know Evan Todd is never going to fuck you, right? Which, when you consider that used up hole of his, means you're beyond even his low standards.

by Anonymousreply 372June 9, 2022 6:48 AM

I guess he was killing time after a matinee, R367.

by Anonymousreply 373June 9, 2022 6:54 AM

I think what people are missing about that NYTs piece is that yes, there was only one Jerome Robbins. But his behaviour inspired 100s, if not 1,000s, or mediocrities and made it acceptable for them to traumatise vulnerable and powerless students and performers with an imitation of “artistic brilliance” that was never anything more than abuse and didn’t produce terrific performances or productions and certainly didn’t develop anyone’s acting technique - in a lot of cases, probably damaged the actor’s talent. It takes a lot of effort, in any discipline, to overcome bad training.

And utilising one’s power and the subject’s inherent and necessary vulnerability to progress sexual congress is at the very least unnecessary and in obvious ways abusive - wouldn’t it be better to channel that energy, desire and longing into the performance itself?

Robbins may have had a strategy - or he may have just been a talented monster - but the mediocrities who sought to imitate him and used him as a justification for their own targeted abuses mostly had no strategy and forced students to submit to their unearned authority in pursuit of some greater reward that never emerged and only left the student in pain, shattered and insecure, with eventually only that once teacher’s approval gained. Which wasn’t worth anything in the long run.

I’ve seen it happen so many times and provoked the ire of teacher’s when I refused to submit to their method of “breaking me down.” You don’t have to be traumatised to act or perform well. There is no benefit as an actor to being “moulded” into one person’s idea of…what? Being good? Any artistic creative endeavour is about opening yourself up, asserting your true self. It’s not about demolition of others, not in the long run.

The Jerome Robbins of the world are VERY few and far, far between but those imitating him, who demand the silence and collision of everyone else in the room - lest they be next, are a dime a dozen. That’s the unfortunate legacy of a talented, sacred monster.

by Anonymousreply 374June 9, 2022 7:00 AM

Apologies for typos. Hope that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 375June 9, 2022 7:02 AM

But R374, you're talking about what choreographers do to dancers and conflating it with acting. Yes Robbins was a director and a choreographer, but really he knew nothing about how to talk to actors. He directed the same way he choreographed. And the style of working with dancers is you treat them like you're their drill sergeant. And considering that Robbins also came from the ballet world, where that is practiced tenfold, it's less being a monster than tradition. Now I'm not excusing it, but many of the people in Green's article were choreographers first, directors second, and that was how they were taught. And if you listen to people like Chita, who were dancers first, actors second, that's the kind of authority they understand. I think it goes much deeper (at least in the examples Green cited) than "I'm going to be an abusive asshole." Again, that doesn't make it right, but it's very likely it didn't come from a conscious desire to abuse.

by Anonymousreply 376June 9, 2022 7:18 AM

R320, supposedly the actor who played Rudge has a huge, thick cock.

by Anonymousreply 377June 9, 2022 11:43 AM

Is that Evan Todd's official Playbill photo? If not, it should be.

by Anonymousreply 378June 9, 2022 11:46 AM

Have people on this thread never seen porn

by Anonymousreply 379June 9, 2022 11:50 AM

[quote] why would Garn Stephens leave GREASE to do a non-singing role, even if it was the new Prince-Sondheim show? Would it really have been a smart career move without the song?

Put yourself back in the mid 70s. I bet no one ever imagined Grease had legs and Sondheim/Prince were the 'it' boys of the decade with Company and Follies so far.

by Anonymousreply 380June 9, 2022 11:51 AM

Does Slave Play count, R 379?

by Anonymousreply 381June 9, 2022 11:51 AM

r358, they were all over L P S G a few years ago so I'm sure many people have seen them. (I'm r348, but not r341 who originally posted one or r367 who posted more.) He had them removed there, so obviously/understandably doesn't want them posted and I personally wouldn't have posted them. The background makes it too obvious it's him, despite r365 being a moron.

by Anonymousreply 382June 9, 2022 12:30 PM

R326, Weren't Garn and Len once romantically involved, pre Glenn?

by Anonymousreply 383June 9, 2022 12:39 PM

Len was involved with all his leading ladies going back to Stratford, Ontario, where he fucked (and married) Roberta Mawell. Glynis, Betty Bacall, Glenn and all the others followed. He was a hunky talented straight man on Broadway....who could blame them?

by Anonymousreply 384June 9, 2022 1:10 PM

Everyone forgets that when Follies lost the Best Musical Tony to Two Gentlemen of Verona, the other musical that lost it that season was Grease. Who'd have ever thought back then that the show with the "longest legs" would be Grease?

by Anonymousreply 385June 9, 2022 1:13 PM

Timeout Tony predictions. Woke Broadway on full display.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 9, 2022 1:14 PM

I don't find Len Carious particularly attractive, but I can see where his leading ladies might. He's all man.

I'm getting Big Dick Energy from him in older photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 9, 2022 1:15 PM

Glynis? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 388June 9, 2022 1:19 PM

Debate on ATC about Sondheim's writing a new verse to " Sen in the Clowns" for Streisand:

“What a surprise

Who could foresee?

I've come to feel about you what you felt about me.

Why only now when I see that you've drifted away;

What a surprise, what a cliché.”

In his collection of lyrics called 'Finishing the Hat,' Sondheim does explain why he acceded to Streisand's request:

'One of those fine singers who recorded ['Send in the Clowns'] was Barbra Streisand, a performer who examines the lyrics she sings very carefully, and who questioned the dramatic connection between the two choruses (that is, the moment leading to the stanza that begins with the second iteration of 'Isn't it rich?'). Without Fredrik's apology and departure in-between, there is indeed an emotional gap, so when she asked me to write something that would accomplish the transition, it seemed a logical request rather than the whim of a diva.'

response:

...because the liner notes to Streisand's Broadway album, tell a different story. They say that Streisand liked the bridge so much that she wanted to sing it twice, so she asked him to write a second set of lyrics so she didn't have to sing the same lyrics again. They also say that she wanted to end with "don't bother, they're here," so she asked him to re-write the lyrics so that was the last phrase of the song.

The liner notes sound more like the "whim of a diva" than the version that Sondheim gives.

by Anonymousreply 389June 9, 2022 1:22 PM

Sorry to bring up McClure again, but this actually seems like good casting (even if he's a bit old for it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 9, 2022 1:33 PM

At least Madonna had the grace, on HER liner notes, to thank Sondheim "for the privilege" when he wrote a couple of original songs for her for Dick Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 391June 9, 2022 1:34 PM

Do you think Madge stayed close to Steve after DICK TRACY wrapped? Was she a regular at "game nights" at the townhouse?

by Anonymousreply 392June 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Never really thought much about Cariou, but...this isn't bad at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 9, 2022 1:40 PM

More. (Not to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but definitely to mine.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 9, 2022 1:41 PM

Finally! DL has come through! During these dreary times, The Evan Todd Photos are like man-na from the skies.

by Anonymousreply 395June 9, 2022 1:42 PM

[quote] Interesting that "Come from Away" is closing in October...Odd date. Usually it's right around Labor Day. Wonder what the Shuberts are up to?

Um...maybe they don't want to keep losing money on it.

Plus, anyone can watch the production for free on cable.

by Anonymousreply 396June 9, 2022 1:43 PM

Karen Olivo goes by They? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 397June 9, 2022 1:43 PM

The Green NY Times article was interesting. Is this the big Bway tell all that was rumored about?

by Anonymousreply 398June 9, 2022 1:44 PM

[quote] It really is a weird article, isn’t it? You can feel him wanting him to be a good little NYTimes wokester on the one hand and a reasonable theatre professional on the other. God bless Chita.

What's woke about calling out all the abuse in the industry?

by Anonymousreply 399June 9, 2022 1:45 PM

r396, I believe the poster's point was that it's odd they're closing in October instead of September. Keeping it open an extra month doesn't seem like a way to lose less money.

by Anonymousreply 400June 9, 2022 1:45 PM

That article is accurate and could have been a lot nastier and more in depth.

by Anonymousreply 401June 9, 2022 1:48 PM

R370, thank you for continuing to bring sanity to the Evan Todd discussion -- in stark contrast to the severe mental illness and emotional disturbance evidenced by R372. Does anyone know what bridge that troll lives under, so we can go flush it out?

by Anonymousreply 402June 9, 2022 1:52 PM

Those pics of Todd are HOTTT!!! No wonder that hole is used!

by Anonymousreply 403June 9, 2022 1:58 PM

[quote]And the style of working with dancers is you treat them like you're their drill sergeant.

First of all, that is not everyone's style of working with dancers, even in the ballet world. But also, of course, it's a question of degree and where to draw the line. One can be very strict with dancers in terms of making them do it over and over until you get what you want out of them, but that doesn't mean one also has to verbally abuse a person and tear them to shreds emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 404June 9, 2022 1:58 PM

Karen Olivo complaining about how the Robbins choreography is murder on lesser dancers is rich. If you're a lesser dancer, don't take difficult demanding dance roles!

by Anonymousreply 405June 9, 2022 2:06 PM

[quote] the actor who played Rudge has a huge, thick cock.

We need names, darling, names.

by Anonymousreply 406June 9, 2022 2:16 PM

Len Cariou was a very hot man in his day. Unfortunately, his day was the early 1970s and he was often a victim of that era's horrible men's fashion and hair design.

by Anonymousreply 407June 9, 2022 2:22 PM

I found it interesting that the Jesse Green article mentioned the alleged William Ivey Long abuse accusations and yet when you clicked on the link, it went to an article from another journal, not the NY Times. The NY Times has refused to cover the story.

by Anonymousreply 408June 9, 2022 2:24 PM

Seymours come and go very quickly. Maybe McClure will stick around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 409June 9, 2022 2:26 PM

r406, Rudge was played by Russell Tovey, so I'm not sure how serious the poster was being. The fact that he refused to do full-frontal in Angels in America, and that scene was awkwardly blocked to keep his back to the audience (even though it really would have helped to see the character's face in those moments) makes me doubtful. Even the modestly endowed Mr. Pace did the full-frontal on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 410June 9, 2022 2:38 PM

R408 Because as much as Court Watson is trying to makes the cancellation of William Ivey Long happen, it won't. Nor should it. From all I've read, that was just the case of a horny older gay coming on too strong, and a younger gay being complicit and yet not wanting to "go there." It was not Weinstein-Cosby-level predatory behavior. Horny older gays are always going to get flirty with younger twinks. Now, hopefully, Long has ceased this behavior.

However, Long does need to give space for other designers. He takes up too much of the market share. Then again, he and his studio always deliver excellent work.

by Anonymousreply 411June 9, 2022 3:03 PM

The Times is pretty cowardly. They'll only report on something after it becomes common knowledge. They knew about James Levine for decades like everyone else in the classical music industry but wrote nothing. They gushed about him incessantly already knowing what was going on. Their attempts now to be woke are pretty horrible. The paper keeps getting worse. It should go the way of the Herald Tribune and all the other NY papers that disappeared decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 412June 9, 2022 3:06 PM

I mean, it's hardly just one person saying things about Long. The NPR article had another guy go on record, and then there was this:

"Another Lost Colony worker, a production manager named Mary Elizabeth Stewart (later Beth Butler), filed a lawsuit against the producers of The Lost Colony, RIHA. Stewart claimed sexual harassment, gender discrimination and retaliation, among other complaints. The suit, which was centered on Long's behavior, was filed in U.S. district court for the Eastern District of North Carolina in January 2002.

In a series of potentially explosive allegations, Stewart's suit claimed that between 1999 and 2001, multiple people working at The Lost Colony reported to her that Long had sexually assaulted or harassed them. Those accusations included forcing one young man to have sex with another man at Long's direction, while an RIHA board member watched. The same man claimed that Long performed oral sex on him against his wishes, and that Long also tried to make him find "young boys with whom Mr. Long could engage in homosexual activity." Despite the nature of the allegations, NPR could not find any record of a police report or criminal charges ever having been filed.

The suit also said that Long took "sexually revealing and inappropriate photographs" of RIHA employees for a Men of The Lost Colony calendar he was putting together, as well as other nude photographs of RIHA employees. Additionally, Stewart said, her own husband at the time was sexually propositioned by one of Long's assistants, with the intention of having Long watch. According to Stewart's suit, when she went to the RIHA leadership and board to complain about Long, she was fired."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 9, 2022 3:13 PM

That's all typical ridiculous over-the-top pervy gay behavior, as anyone who has hung around any situation with a high level of gay men. Is anyone surprised? If one doesn't want to swim with the horndog sharks, get out of the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 414June 9, 2022 3:27 PM

Ugh, that Lea Michele comeback will not be stopped.

"Original cast members of the 2006 Broadway production of Spring Awakening will reunite for a special performance during this Sunday’s Tony Awards events, producers said today.

Also performing Sunday will be the casts of A Strange Loop, Company, Girl From the North Country, MJ, Mr. Saturday Night, Music Man, Paradise Square and Six, as well as past Tony winners Bernadette Peters and Billy Porter."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 9, 2022 3:37 PM

I wonder what Bernadette will sing. Smart money is on “With So a little To Be Sure or” or “ No One Is Alone” but I’d love “Losing My Mind”

by Anonymousreply 416June 9, 2022 3:47 PM

So was Milton Greenwald gay? From his work I would say yes. But I've never come across anything that would substantiate it. On the bluray of Fair Weather it includes his number that was cur from the film as an extra. Though not scored and working mostly from counts you can see what a terrific dancer he was.

by Anonymousreply 417June 9, 2022 3:58 PM

R409-Or maybe McClure will be the last nail in Little Shop's coffin. That seems more likely.

by Anonymousreply 418June 9, 2022 3:58 PM

I saw McClure play Seymour before he was a star...He was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 419June 9, 2022 4:15 PM

If you go see him in the current production, you can also see McClure play Seymour before he is a star.

by Anonymousreply 420June 9, 2022 4:21 PM

well done, r420, you're as amusing as your number

by Anonymousreply 421June 9, 2022 4:48 PM

R342, it's been years since I had my first edition Sondheim and Company and it was before Pacific Overtures. I remember the anecdotes about Miller's Son was not included in the ALNM chapter but in another where they were discussing the relation of the book to the score. The definition of Miller's Son was not quoted by Sondheim himself, but by someone else who said that Sondheim felt the song summed up the show in that the characters dilly and dally and jump in the hay, but others wondered why this girl was coming out and doing this confusing song right before the curtain.

Len Cariou was quite there stud but Victoria Mallory sampled quite a bit of dick. Kurt Peterson from Follies, then Len in ALNM then eloped with Mark Lambert. This video with Mallory and Cariou doing You Must Meet My Wife, not long before Mallory died, suggested that Vicky might have been drinking virgin blood because she looks startling young. Watch Vicky cover for Len when he misses a lyric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422June 9, 2022 5:07 PM

I had no idea who Evan Todd was before the last few threads, but I can safely say a star has been born. A cutie with a nice booty.

by Anonymousreply 423June 9, 2022 5:12 PM

Now we just need to see the front to properly assess his pubic patch.

by Anonymousreply 424June 9, 2022 5:19 PM

Brooks Atkinson Theatre to be renamed the Lena Horne Theatre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 9, 2022 5:21 PM

That's ridiculous. She's hardly a theater legend.

by Anonymousreply 426June 9, 2022 5:23 PM

Any pics of Evan sucking cock?

by Anonymousreply 427June 9, 2022 5:24 PM

Yes, R427. He went to Kmart before they went out of business and got the grade school special 24-pack.

by Anonymousreply 428June 9, 2022 5:25 PM

R426, I gotta agree. While I love me some Lena Horne, she is not a theater legend. The Lorraine Hansberry or the Paul Robeson would make more sense, if they are trying to increase Black representation, which they are, admirably. But as is usual with commercial theater these days, none of the people in power have any sense of anything, and neither do the ones vying for the power.

by Anonymousreply 429June 9, 2022 5:29 PM

Is that true? Lena Horne?! Has everyone forgotten Ethel Waters who was a true theater legend? I guess like everyone's forgotten Oscar Hammerstein.

by Anonymousreply 430June 9, 2022 5:29 PM

Or Pearl Bailey!

by Anonymousreply 431June 9, 2022 5:30 PM

r429, yes, the three major theatre owners agreed to each rename one of their theatres for a Black artist. The Schuberts turned the Cort into the James Earl Jones; this is the Nederlander's move. Curious to see which one Jujamcyn will rename. The St. James? The Walter Kerr? (If Atkinson doesn't get one anymore, should Kerr have one?) Hirschfeld? (August Wilson is obviously off limits, and I assume Eugene O'Neill is too.)

by Anonymousreply 432June 9, 2022 5:33 PM

"The Schuberts"? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 433June 9, 2022 5:35 PM

r433, alas, typing too fast, too much going on at work around me. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 434June 9, 2022 5:36 PM

Regarding Karen Olivo going by "they/them" in the Times piece: Didn't she just a year ago or so go my "she/them"? It all seems rather arbitrary. Has she been suffering as a closeted non-binary for 45 years, and finally feels empowered to fully go by "they/them"?

by Anonymousreply 435June 9, 2022 5:36 PM

The Lena Horne theatre?

Christ on the cross

by Anonymousreply 436June 9, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote]why would Garn Stephens leave GREASE to do a non-singing role, even if it was the new Prince-Sondheim show? Would it really have been a smart career move without the song?

Do we know that Petra was intended to be a non-singing role? If it was, why hire Garn Stephens? Just because "The Miller's Son" was written late in the proceedings doesn't mean that she wasn't intended to have a song all along.

by Anonymousreply 437June 9, 2022 5:41 PM

The Lena Horne Theater sounds like something you'd see in Branson

by Anonymousreply 438June 9, 2022 5:41 PM

R430, The Moms Mabley Theatre

by Anonymousreply 439June 9, 2022 5:43 PM

Legally Blonde at The Muny has cast a black Elle Woods. How woke AND trendy.

by Anonymousreply 440June 9, 2022 5:46 PM

Ethel Waters and Robeson should be at the top of the list.

by Anonymousreply 441June 9, 2022 5:47 PM

Is this Beanie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442June 9, 2022 5:51 PM

I can’t figure out how to upload the image from deux moi. About a Broadway leading lady dropping her used tampon in a dresser’s hand without warning.

by Anonymousreply 443June 9, 2022 5:53 PM

We're about to have our first black woman Supreme Court Justice. I don't think it's trendy, but thanks for playing grandpa...

by Anonymousreply 444June 9, 2022 5:53 PM

[quote]Is this Beanie?

"Funny Girl" isn't Beanie's Broadway debut.

by Anonymousreply 445June 9, 2022 5:55 PM

R442, Pamela Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 446June 9, 2022 5:55 PM

Isn't Pamela Anderson a little long in the tooth to still be needing tampons?

by Anonymousreply 447June 9, 2022 5:58 PM

Pam Anderson hasn't menstruated in about 10 years

by Anonymousreply 448June 9, 2022 5:58 PM

She's 54, so r448 is overestimating by a bit, but yeah, unlikely to be her.

by Anonymousreply 449June 9, 2022 5:59 PM

She's 55 next month. And I bet she lies about her age.

by Anonymousreply 450June 9, 2022 6:01 PM

[quote] That's ridiculous. She's hardly a theater legend.

She's black, and we're woke.

by Anonymousreply 451June 9, 2022 6:05 PM

[quote] Curious to see which one Jujamcyn will rename. The St. James? The Walter Kerr? (If Atkinson doesn't get one anymore, should Kerr have one?) Hirschfeld? (August Wilson is obviously off limits, and I assume Eugene O'Neill is too.)

I have news for you. August Wilson was Black.

by Anonymousreply 452June 9, 2022 6:07 PM

I would say that Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee are much more suited to having a theater named after them than Lena Horne.

by Anonymousreply 453June 9, 2022 6:08 PM

Shit, I would rename a theater after Diana Sands before Lena Horne.

by Anonymousreply 454June 9, 2022 6:08 PM

R421, that was brilliant :-)

R420, what a smell of sulfur whenever you post!

by Anonymousreply 455June 9, 2022 6:11 PM

R452, that's hardly news. In fact, that's exactly why I said his theater "is obviously off-limits" to be renamed.

And if Jujamcyn joined the pledge to rename a theater, only to say they already have a theater named after a Black artist so they don't need to rename another, that would be pretty shitty.

by Anonymousreply 456June 9, 2022 6:12 PM

The Nederlanders hosted Len Horne's sellout one-woman show. Not only was it a hugh hit, but helped to save the dilapadated theater (Nederlander) that housed it. So it makes sense they would name a theater after her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 9, 2022 6:16 PM

LENA

Sorry about that...

by Anonymousreply 458June 9, 2022 6:16 PM

[quote] [R452], that's hardly news. In fact, that's exactly why I said his theater "is obviously off-limits" to be renamed. And if Jujamcyn joined the pledge to rename a theater, only to say they already have a theater named after a Black artist so they don't need to rename another, that would be pretty shitty.

From The New York Times story: "The change brings the Nederlander Organization into compliance with an agreement reached last year between Broadway leaders and the advocacy organization Black Theater United, under which all three major Broadway landlords pledged that at least one of their theaters would be named for a Black artist. Jujamcyn Theaters already had a theater named for the playwright August Wilson, and the Shubert Organization announced in March that it would rename the Cort Theater after the actor James Earl Jones."

by Anonymousreply 459June 9, 2022 6:19 PM

Well that'll solve EVERYTHING!!!

by Anonymousreply 460June 9, 2022 6:20 PM

R459, so they signed on to an agreement that required nothing of them? Nice scam. And yes, shitty.

by Anonymousreply 461June 9, 2022 6:25 PM

It really fixes everything by naming a theatre after a star who had three Broadway credits in her career.

It’s the best way

by Anonymousreply 462June 9, 2022 6:49 PM

[quote]Ugh, that Lea Michele comeback will not be stopped.

Why the Ugh. She's good for gossip and Broadway. Win-win.

by Anonymousreply 463June 9, 2022 7:17 PM

Well, we know no theater will never be named after:

William Ivey Long

Harvey Weinstein

Jeremy Piven

Garth Grabinsky

and Beanie

by Anonymousreply 464June 9, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]R437 Do we know that Petra was intended to be a non-singing role? If it was, why hire Garn Stephens?

I guess the GarnGate debacle puts to rest the odd insistence that Sondheim preferred actors who could sing passably over technically accomplished singers.

by Anonymousreply 465June 9, 2022 7:31 PM

The Jane Lynch

Opening production is The Killing of Sister George and Last Summer at Bluefish Cove in repertory.

by Anonymousreply 466June 9, 2022 7:31 PM

As to the WIL assistant who procured young men for him, the assistant eventually and tragically committed suicide. Believe me, there's all kinds of sleazy shit attached to WIL that would make even DLers blood boil.

by Anonymousreply 467June 9, 2022 7:44 PM

Tampon dropper? How about Julianne Hough in POTUS. She looks like a ditz and it’s her broadway debut.

by Anonymousreply 468June 9, 2022 7:49 PM

It can't possibly be Beanie. Daddy already employs a full time tampon carrier for her.

by Anonymousreply 469June 9, 2022 7:51 PM

R467 such as . . . ?

by Anonymousreply 470June 9, 2022 7:58 PM

Brooks Atkinson's body is still warm .... 1984 ain't that long ago.

by Anonymousreply 471June 9, 2022 8:06 PM

r442/443 Apparently this is meant to have happened at one of the shows which announced a closing date this week - so DEH, Come From Away or Tina.

by Anonymousreply 472June 9, 2022 8:06 PM

It's creepy that a theater can be named after someone, then a few decades later stripped of that name in place of a more "woke" theater icon. Will the Al Hirshfeld eventually be renamed the LMM?

by Anonymousreply 473June 9, 2022 8:36 PM

More Karen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474June 9, 2022 8:38 PM

Why not the Denzel Washington? Like it or not, he's done more for Broadway grosses than Lena.

by Anonymousreply 475June 9, 2022 8:39 PM

Lena '57

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476June 9, 2022 8:41 PM

[quote]It's creepy that a theater can be named after someone, then a few decades later stripped of that name in place of a more "woke" theater icon. Will the Al Hirshfeld eventually be renamed the LMM?

I tend to agree. The Nederlanders should have just renamed the Nederlander Theater for Lena. That also would have showed real selflessness in replacing their own name with hers. I suppose they felt that, like the Shuberts, they wanted one theater with their name on it, but after all, there is no Jujamcyn Theater on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 477June 9, 2022 8:46 PM

Petra was never non-singing. She was always planned as singing in the finale of Act one, which turned into Weekend in the Country.

But it was not a “heavy sing” role. George Lee Andrews as Frid was supposed to have the servants number toward the end of Act Two. When Prince thought Silly People almost back to back with Clowns wasn’t working, Sondheim thought of the idea for Petra. And that’s when Garn started having trouble.

by Anonymousreply 478June 9, 2022 8:46 PM

Karen Morrow isn’t too good in My Boyfriend’s Back. Clearly, movement was never her strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 479June 9, 2022 8:53 PM

It's supposed to be a parody, r479.

by Anonymousreply 480June 9, 2022 8:56 PM

I still hate the Nederlanders for selling the Hellinger to that fucking church.

by Anonymousreply 481June 9, 2022 9:11 PM

Does anyone actually GO to that fucking church? How do they still have that theater? It’s completely ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 482June 9, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote]Does anyone actually GO to that fucking church? How do they still have that theater? It’s completely ridiculous.

I believe that's the problem -- a LOT of people apparently go to it, so they ain't gonna sell it back.

by Anonymousreply 483June 9, 2022 9:23 PM

I just got tickets for Ivo van Hove’s stage adaptation of Hanya Yanagihara’s “A Little Life” at BAM in October.

by Anonymousreply 484June 9, 2022 9:28 PM

R484. Every word in aghast sentence makes the Baby Jesus cry.

by Anonymousreply 485June 9, 2022 9:36 PM

That not aghast. (Though I am indeed aghast.)

by Anonymousreply 486June 9, 2022 9:37 PM

Lena Horne's one woman show was great but it still makes no sense naming a theater after her when there have been a number of black theater artists who are so much more deserving. But then naming theaters after critics is about as idiotic and incomprehensible as it gets. Rex Reed should be honored while he is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 487June 9, 2022 9:39 PM

It's aghast it's aghast it's aghast...

by Anonymousreply 488June 9, 2022 9:40 PM

[quote]Rex Reed should be honored while he is still alive

REX REED? I grew up in NY and never remember him ever reviewing theater, just movies.

by Anonymousreply 489June 9, 2022 9:41 PM

R489 must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 490June 9, 2022 9:44 PM

Ivo van Hove, a self-hating homosexual, is directing a play based on a book by a gay-hating heterosexual? I smell big fat flop.

by Anonymousreply 491June 9, 2022 9:45 PM

r360 is right. What the fuck is going on? I'm ready. It's been fucking years. This is worse than Talk Soup

by Anonymousreply 492June 9, 2022 9:58 PM

How embarrassing that when she signed on, she thought she’d be Patti’s spoiler for a Tony award, but instead her review was “A Lighthouse housekeeper from Maine who’s dentures don’t fit”

by Anonymousreply 493June 9, 2022 10:00 PM

"who’s dentures don’t fit"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 494June 9, 2022 10:08 PM

If Lena Horne’s run saved the theater, then it should be named after her. They’d name it after some gross old white man who sent in money to save it.

by Anonymousreply 495June 9, 2022 10:16 PM

I love the idea of a theatre called The Beanie. Only it would be very confusing to have to call it The Benko four days a week.

by Anonymousreply 496June 9, 2022 10:46 PM

For those who are curious but want to save their money and support neither the actor nor director...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497June 9, 2022 11:04 PM

It's too bad Lena saved that dump. She should have saved the Mark Hellinger.

by Anonymousreply 498June 9, 2022 11:12 PM

A friend is at The Minutes tonight and texted to say the theater is empty. Look for their closing notice on Monday. No surprise really.

by Anonymousreply 499June 9, 2022 11:13 PM

Yesterday I received an email from the Chief Operating Officer at the Entertainment Community Fund, formerly known as the Actor's Fund. This woman, Barbara Davis, felt the need to announce her pronouns at the end of the email. Seriously, what the fuck do I care about her pronouns? No donation for you, TEC!

by Anonymousreply 500June 9, 2022 11:37 PM

Everyone who saw THE HISTORY BOYS is dead?

by Anonymousreply 501June 9, 2022 11:45 PM

[quote]If Lena Horne’s run saved the theater, then it should be named after her.

They are naming The Brooks Atkinson Theatre, home of Suzanne Somer's "The Blonde In The Thunderbird", not the one her show ran in. That was The Nederlander, home or "RENT" that is no longer a dump but fully restored.

by Anonymousreply 502June 9, 2022 11:51 PM

Speaking of...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 10, 2022 12:09 AM

The Suzanne Somers Theatre

by Anonymousreply 504June 10, 2022 2:21 AM

I saw it in Australia, R501. It was the original cast, on its way to Broadway. Terrific night in the theatre. But I don't have any gossip.

by Anonymousreply 505June 10, 2022 3:09 AM

Those Evan Todd pictures so are fucking hot, Witt the sun dripping out of his gorgeous ass. And that back—wow.

If he uses those as his Grindr pics, I hope he’s gotten cock after cock up that juicy, lickable hole

by Anonymousreply 506June 10, 2022 3:16 AM

I saw "The History Boys" on Broadway. I liked it a lot.

James Corden was the fat kid.

by Anonymousreply 507June 10, 2022 4:36 AM

R372,

I'm not one who brought up hunky Evan Todd in the first place, but I am the person you've chosen to quote.

I'm not looking for Evan Todd to fuck me. I have a husband for that, a former model to boot. So stop projecting your silly insecurities onto others. It's so 8th grade, first semester.

by Anonymousreply 508June 10, 2022 5:26 AM

Had I not been an infant when the interview footage in the Joe Papp documentary was shot I would have participated.

by Anonymousreply 509June 10, 2022 6:16 AM

[quote] I have a husband for that, a former model to boot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 10, 2022 6:32 AM

If anyone is holding onto shots of other such imagery of Broadway boys, even oldies (previously seen images, not old actors), now's the time. It's DL's pre-Tony celebration.

by Anonymousreply 511June 10, 2022 11:21 AM

Nice, r508, but sock models don't count.

by Anonymousreply 512June 10, 2022 12:00 PM

[quote]It's so 8th grade, first semester.

You're being kind. I would say more fourth grade with a learning disability.

by Anonymousreply 513June 10, 2022 12:05 PM

Suggested questions for the next thread:

Did Beanie Feldstein make Funny Girl a super-spreader event?

Is Rob McClure the 21st century Dorothy Loudon?

by Anonymousreply 514June 10, 2022 12:28 PM

Hey, Dorothy Loudon had at least 2 huge Broadway hits. Not comparable to poor Rob at all.

by Anonymousreply 515June 10, 2022 12:51 PM

One of the questions needs to be about Evan Todd.

by Anonymousreply 516June 10, 2022 1:22 PM

Former. Meaning now obese, withered, likely hunched, and a barely a shadow of his former perceived self.

by Anonymousreply 517June 10, 2022 1:29 PM

Was that Suzanne Somers show moment supposed to be Durang-esque parody? The audience must have sat stupefied.

by Anonymousreply 518June 10, 2022 1:31 PM

Besides Annie, what was Dorothy Loudon’s other “huge hit”?

by Anonymousreply 519June 10, 2022 1:31 PM

R519, maybe the comedy, "Noises Off". I saw that production, probably the funniest afternoon I spent in a theatre.

by Anonymousreply 520June 10, 2022 1:51 PM

Noises Off, r519.

by Anonymousreply 521June 10, 2022 1:51 PM

Unlike KIMBERLY AKIMBO (also from Atlantic Theatre), it looks like THE BEDWETTER will probably not be moving to Bway... at least not for a long time.

My hopes were high, based on some of the talent involved, but I think I'll skip it.

Anyone here see it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 10, 2022 1:52 PM

R511, I, for one, would enjoy seeing Aaron Tveit's southern region.

by Anonymousreply 523June 10, 2022 1:56 PM

The east, west, north AND the south of him.

by Anonymousreply 524June 10, 2022 1:58 PM

r522, please see my review of THE BEDWETTER at r269.

IMO Green's review was kind and the even more positive reviews were insane, It was truly one of the most painful and ugly productions I've seen off-Broadway in my 50 years of theater-going. I'll be shocked if it moves forward.

by Anonymousreply 525June 10, 2022 1:59 PM

Ahhh! Thank you, R269. You've confirmed my fears.

Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 526June 10, 2022 2:02 PM

The Bedwetter was inane and amateurish, and I wanted to slap the crap out of that annoying little bitch. But I'm sure it's an accurate portrayal of Silverman at that age. Linda Lavin should be relieved she passed on it to do an even crappier tv show.

by Anonymousreply 527June 10, 2022 2:04 PM

[quote] Linda Lavin should be relieved she passed on it to do an even crappier tv show.

I boppity bop bop dooooooed right to the bank. Suck it, Holliday!

by Anonymousreply 528June 10, 2022 2:06 PM

R473, you do realize that Martin Beck's name was stripped from that theater so it could be renaimed the Al Hirshfeld.

The Uris became the Gershwin.

The Alvin became the Neil Simon.

The Billy Rose became the Nederlander.

Henry Miller became Steven Sondheim.

Only Vivian Beaumont seems to have a secure theater name---but that is because she donated a shit ton of money to get it built.

by Anonymousreply 529June 10, 2022 2:14 PM

I think any theatre named after theatrical producers or theatre critics is fair game for renaming... hopefully after writers, composers, and performers.

I'm actually offended at the idea of naming a theatre after some long-dead, long-forgotten critic. Talk about a hollow gesture.

by Anonymousreply 530June 10, 2022 2:18 PM

In ten years the Lena Horne will undoubtedly be renamed the Billy Porter!

by Anonymousreply 531June 10, 2022 2:20 PM

The Beaumont is at Lincoln Center. Avery Fisher paid millions to have Philharmonic Hall's auditorium gutted and rebuilt because of its poor acoustics and have the Hall renamed Avery Fisher Hall in perpetuity. It's now David Geffen Hall.

by Anonymousreply 532June 10, 2022 2:21 PM

I remember reading something in the Times about Alice Tully having trouble using her credit card in the neighborhood, because they all assumed she was an employee of the venue and wanted ID.

by Anonymousreply 533June 10, 2022 2:23 PM

One thought for broadway. Enough with plays without stars. No one cares. Leave them in the non-profits. They're better at them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 534June 10, 2022 2:26 PM

Geffen had to pay millions to Avery Fisher's heirs to get them to agree to the last name change, in addition to the half billion he pledged for the latest reconstruction.

by Anonymousreply 535June 10, 2022 2:26 PM

I'm waiting for the Nell Carter Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 536June 10, 2022 2:26 PM

Just watched the Matt Doyle CBS interview. oh Mary...

by Anonymousreply 537June 10, 2022 2:33 PM

r529, but those were all renamed after white men, so you know r473 didn't have a problem with those. It's only when they're renamed after someone Black--I mean, "woke."

by Anonymousreply 538June 10, 2022 2:37 PM

From Deadline:

[quote]Ben Platt, Molly Gordon, Noah Galvin, Amy Sedaris, Alan S. Kim, Patti Harrison, Owen Thiele, Jimmy Tatro, Ayo Edebiri, Caroline Aaron and Nathan Lee Graham will star in the musical comedy Theater Camp, marking the directorial debut of Gordon and Nick Lieberman.

[quote]The film written by Platt, Galvin, Gordon and Lieberman is inspired by their 2020 short film of the same name. It will follow the eccentric staff of a rundown theater camp in upstate New York, as they band together with the beloved founder’s bro-y son to keep the camp afloat, when she falls into a coma right before the summer session is set to begin.

This sounds absolutely dreadful. Linked is the short it's based on - I could only manage a couple of minutes of scrolling through, it's so cringey and amateurish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 10, 2022 2:44 PM

Doyle Awakening...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 10, 2022 2:45 PM

The interview r537 mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 10, 2022 2:48 PM

(Good to know he's intentionally playing it as someone who's not just nervous about getting married, but straight up mentally ill. It doesn't really work with the show, since Jamie becomes someone Paul should run far away from and never marry, but I suppose it's a choice.)

by Anonymousreply 542June 10, 2022 2:52 PM

Maybe Rob McClure is the Irra Petina of today.

by Anonymousreply 543June 10, 2022 2:59 PM

That joke was made a few threads back.

by Anonymousreply 544June 10, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote] I'm actually offended at the idea of naming a theatre after some long-dead, long-forgotten critic.

The idea of history offends you?

by Anonymousreply 545June 10, 2022 3:07 PM

This is nice, isn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 10, 2022 3:11 PM

Just having some fun on Tony Friday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 10, 2022 3:17 PM

[quote],I, for one, would enjoy seeing Aaron Tveit's southern region.

I never miss an opportunity to visit the netherlands

by Anonymousreply 548June 10, 2022 3:26 PM

r523 that's unlikely. Who are the boys who have confirmed or likely pix that have been posted? I can think of Cheyenne, the Jay Armstrong threeway video, who else?

by Anonymousreply 549June 10, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote]Just having some fun on Tony Friday

When does it start?

by Anonymousreply 550June 10, 2022 3:34 PM

That was cute, r547.

by Anonymousreply 551June 10, 2022 3:35 PM

Re: The History Boys. Saw it on bway, great show, Corden, Russell Tovey, etc. before they were "big". But let me tell you, the sexual magnetism of Dominic Cooper on stage was something to behold. He was electric. I think I had a woody the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 552June 10, 2022 3:36 PM

I didn't enjoy the first season that much, but maybe this will be better?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 10, 2022 3:37 PM

Jesus, why did they renew that bland thing?

Speaking of bland things, the new thread was started much too early.

by Anonymousreply 554June 10, 2022 3:39 PM

R514 McClure isn't Dorothy Loudon, because Loudon finally had a hit with "Annie" and then followed up with "Noises Off" and other shows as a big star. McClure might be the male Carmen Mathews or the non-operatic Irra Petina.

by Anonymousreply 555June 10, 2022 3:40 PM

I'm joking, btw. Having some fun on Tony Friday. (And I like your thread R547) ; )

by Anonymousreply 556June 10, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote] McClure might be the male Carmen Mathews or the non-operatic Irra Petina.

Amazing observation that has NEVER been made before. Brava!

by Anonymousreply 557June 10, 2022 3:41 PM

I'd be happy if they renamed the Walter Kerr instead of the Brooks Atkinson for Lena Horne.

by Anonymousreply 558June 10, 2022 3:42 PM

R557 That might also apply to Andy Karl, but he had a bit of better luck in supporting roles, not as leading man.

by Anonymousreply 559June 10, 2022 3:46 PM

A shout-out to Carmen Mathews!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 10, 2022 3:46 PM

r554 my silliness at r547 isn't the new gossip thread. I would never be so bold.

r550: The fun begins when you leave, just like most parties you attend.

by Anonymousreply 561June 10, 2022 3:46 PM

To bring up a blast from the past, a comment on Dominic Cooper from 13 in the 4th Broadway Sex Thread back in the day:

"Dominic Cooper was a hit with the Chelsea Boys when he was living there during the run of HB."

I'm choosing to read far more into that than I probably should. (Or shouldn't I?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 10, 2022 3:48 PM

Anyone have any original cast recordings of "The Yearling" which closed in like 3 performances, but Barbra Streisand recorded several fine songs from? I think that one had Carmen Matthews and Carmen Alvarez in it.

by Anonymousreply 563June 10, 2022 3:49 PM

[quote] [R554] my silliness at [R547] isn't the new gossip thread. I would never be so bold.

Yes, I was teasing. It's a cute thread. : )

by Anonymousreply 564June 10, 2022 3:49 PM

All I can find, r563...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565June 10, 2022 3:51 PM

NYT Tony voter poll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566June 10, 2022 3:57 PM

I found this little tidbit in the above article interesting.

[quote] Also, all voters this year were required to complete an unconscious bias training program before receiving a ballot.

What the fuck is that, exactly? Indoctrination to not vote for whitey?

by Anonymousreply 567June 10, 2022 4:06 PM

Vulva Toadstool break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568June 10, 2022 4:08 PM

R565 Thanks for that The show had a real deer on stage, too!

by Anonymousreply 569June 10, 2022 4:11 PM

So will STRANGE LOOP replace PASSION as The Tony Award Winning BEST MUSICAL to close fastest? I think PASSION won in June, closed in Jan. Between COVID and the subject matter, not sure STRANGE LOOP can make it past Labor Day?

by Anonymousreply 570June 10, 2022 4:14 PM

Oh deer, r569.

by Anonymousreply 571June 10, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote]The show had a real deer on stage, too!

Looking like a deer in the footlights, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 572June 10, 2022 4:16 PM

Hey, has no one wished Judy Garland a Happy 100th birthday yet? She did play the Palace on Broadway! Happy Birthday, Judy!

by Anonymousreply 573June 10, 2022 4:19 PM

Kimberly akimbo had a cute scrabble tile brand and now it’s a stupid rainbow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574June 10, 2022 4:20 PM

I sent her a bottle of Jean Nate, r573, and a nice blouse.

by Anonymousreply 575June 10, 2022 4:21 PM

THIS DAY IN BROADWAY HISTORY: In 1982, "Torch Song Trilogy" opened at the Little Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 576June 10, 2022 4:23 PM

Will Patti lose the Featured Actress Tony to the trans?

by Anonymousreply 577June 10, 2022 4:24 PM

R555, I am guessing McClure will have a show stealling supporting role in about 5 or 10 years.

At McClures age, Loudon was still a few years short of Fig Leaves and Lolita. He has time.

by Anonymousreply 578June 10, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote]The sexual magnetism of Dominic Cooper on stage was something to behold. He was electric.

Yes, and that seduction scene between him and the young, attractive professor was hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 579June 10, 2022 4:27 PM

There is word circulating that Patti will lose the Tony. I expect there to be a monsoon of shit backstage at Company if this comes to pass.

by Anonymousreply 580June 10, 2022 4:28 PM

R578, thank you for pointing out something which should have been obvious to everyone except some idiot posters here.

by Anonymousreply 581June 10, 2022 4:28 PM

r581 you say "idiot" a lot.

by Anonymousreply 582June 10, 2022 4:29 PM

[QUOTE] There is word circulating that Patti will lose the Tony. I expect there to be a monsoon of shit backstage at Company if this comes to pass.

What is this even based on? How would anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 583June 10, 2022 4:32 PM

R580, word circulating where?

by Anonymousreply 584June 10, 2022 4:36 PM

New thread for when the time comes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585June 10, 2022 4:39 PM

R546, thank you for sharing... is that "he who shall not be named" because there's a loon lurking about in these THEATRE GOSSIP threads?

Without naming the=at shirtless, well-built man, would I be correct to assume a Beautiful connection? If not, correct me please. I'd like to see more.

by Anonymousreply 586June 10, 2022 4:39 PM

There’s always some sort of shocking win in at least one of the acting categories. Last year, I would say it was Andrew Burnap winning Best Lead Actor in a Play for “The Inheritance” which was a very welcome surprise.

by Anonymousreply 587June 10, 2022 4:42 PM

If they want to shock people this year, they’ll snub Patti

by Anonymousreply 588June 10, 2022 4:43 PM

r586, yes. You can compare to the photo at r204, which shows both face and (covered) ass.

by Anonymousreply 589June 10, 2022 4:45 PM

I thought it was crazy that Burnap was the only nominee in the lead category from The Inheritance. All three of the leads were wonderful, and certainly deserved a nomination over Ian Barford and especially Blair Underwood.

by Anonymousreply 590June 10, 2022 4:45 PM

One thought for R534: Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 591June 10, 2022 4:47 PM

R549, How soon we forget!

by Anonymousreply 592June 10, 2022 5:19 PM

oh right. Duh. Good D too.

by Anonymousreply 593June 10, 2022 5:22 PM

I just listened to a Hollywood Reporter nominee roundtable. Jesse W says the script "fell into my lap" and he has more experience "under his belt."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 10, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote]R567[italic] “All voters this year were required to complete an unconscious bias training program before receiving a ballot.”[/italic] What the fuck is that, exactly? Indoctrination to not vote for whitey?

You’re saying you yourself have no racial or cultural biases? How did you ever manage that? You’re in a real position to help the rest of us.

Our country and every American could benefit from doing such training annually.

by Anonymousreply 595June 10, 2022 5:34 PM

HEATHEN!

by Anonymousreply 596June 10, 2022 5:36 PM

[quote] You’re saying you yourself have no racial or cultural biases? How did you ever manage that? You’re in a real position to help the rest of us.

Stupid take on this. But you already knew that. And since you asked, no, I don't have any racial or cultural biases when it comes to voting on a performance or a technical award. Silly me, I like to give it to what I think is the best.

by Anonymousreply 597June 10, 2022 5:39 PM

It really is admirable you’re so clear-eyed, r597. So many people are a mystery to themselves on different levels in subconscious ways.

Why are you against less evolved people catching up with you, via trainings?

by Anonymousreply 598June 10, 2022 5:45 PM

Telling, excuse me, "suggesting to" someone how to vote is wrong in any context.

by Anonymousreply 599June 10, 2022 5:49 PM

You mean by society?

Tell us what the training is, R599, since you attended.

by Anonymousreply 600June 10, 2022 5:51 PM

WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND!

by Anonymousreply 601June 10, 2022 5:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!