Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“THE BOYS” Season 3 Official Thread

How much more outrageous can it possible get? Let’s chat!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 13, 2022 3:54 AM

Related thread to first over the top scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2022 1:30 PM

I want Chace Crawford to sit on my face

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2022 1:38 PM

I thought they said Stormfront wouldn’t be on this season? And how did she get that much of an arm and hand back?

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2022 2:31 PM

So what was so shocking that it warranted another thread?

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2022 3:33 PM

The episode begins with a shrinking superhero (like the Atom or Ant-Man) flirting with a man and then shrinking down and flying up his asshole. Then the shrinking hero sneezes, and unintentionally expands, ripping the man open.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2022 3:41 PM

Well, That's what he gets for letting some random super gay fly up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote] I thought they said Stormfront wouldn’t be on this season?

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2022 4:09 PM

Sometimes Anthony Starr, Homelander, is so hot. Other times, so not.

The suit definitely gives the illusion that he has a much better body than he actually does.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2022 4:30 PM

I wonder if Anthony Starr would have been cast had Homelander's body not been so wholly covered by his costume and could be padded. He seems like he would not work out excessively for the role like so many of the actors who have played Marvel superheroes.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2022 6:57 PM

One thing I'm happy about is that this show gives Giancarlo Esposito a good role. He is a fine actor, and playing a powerful, beautifully groomed, thoughtful (if evil) role really suits him.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2022 7:04 PM

R7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2022 8:45 PM

it's nice to see Sean Patrick Flannery again. He's still very handsome, even playing a scuzzy washed-up supe.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2022 11:04 PM

R12 I had to double check it was him who played the lead in Powder. Didn’t the director molest him, giving him this storyline seems to hit to close to home and a bit creepy?

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2022 11:10 PM

No, you're misremembering, r13. The director was convicted of child molestation, but he did not molest Flannery, who was thirty when the film was made.

[quote] The film's production by Disney resulted in a controversy over the choice of writer-director Victor Salva, who had been convicted of molesting a 12-year-old child actor during the production of his previous film, Clownhouse (1988). He was sentenced to three years' imprisonment and released after 15 months. Disney officials reported that they learned of Salva's crime only after production of Powder had begun, and stressed that there were no minors on the set for the film. When Powder was released, the victim, Nathan Forrest Winters, came forward again in an attempt to get others to boycott the film in protest at Disney's hiring Salva.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2022 11:18 PM

Is the exploding gay a regular or just there for shock value?

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2022 11:34 PM

I mean she's pretty much out of the show now R3 after episode 3.

He exploded in his penis R5 , not his anus.

For shock value R15

I wonder how many in here actually watched it b/c none of you mentioned Charlize.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote] I wonder how many in here actually watched it b/c none of you mentioned Charlize.

We were obligated to?

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2022 11:49 PM

R5 It was his dickhole.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2022 11:50 PM

r18 yeah, the shrinker climbed into his cock slit and was stimulating him from inside when he sneezed and grew and exploded him from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2022 11:57 PM

So this show featured a gay couple just so they could die horrifically? I'm guessing the guys in charge aren't exactly gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2022 12:03 AM

[quote]So this show featured a gay couple just so they could die horrifically?

No, they showed a gay hook-up, where just one person died horrifically.

And they have already shown other straight hook-ups involving supes on this show where people have also died horrifically.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2022 12:33 AM

R21, I actually thought that they were a couple and this was a regular thing. Termite’s anguish wasn’t about killing a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2022 12:38 AM

R20 Its probably the most violent show ever made. The gay hookup was incidental to the gore, which is standard.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2022 12:44 AM

Stormfront's love for Homelander, one for the ages. Genetically augmented NAZI/Psychopathic love ... Where's my Coldplay theme

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2022 12:48 AM

Starr is much leaner out of costume.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2022 1:42 AM

I read an article that said the shrunken guy went up the dude's ass too how could they screw that up ? It was the guy's cock slit.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2022 2:13 AM

After having seen all three episodes today, I'd say my biggest problem with "The Boys" remains the same as the last two seasons: I just don't find the Boys themselves nearly as interesting as the Seven and the people who work at Vought. I don't find Butcher even the slightest bit sympathetic even though he's clearly supposed to be an antihero you find yourself caring about despite his nastiness: I just want his character gone. But I find Mother's Milk and Frenchie so uninteresting I can't even remember their backstories. At least Kimiko, who was basically two-dimensional the last two seasons, seems more interesting this season, and Hughie is interesting only because he's attached to Starlight.

I love all the satire--that they're constantly making fun of the rightward drift of this country (I loved it that Ashleydiscovered that Homelander's popularity hugely increased when he said on live TV he's the real hero and matters more than normal people--that's so like the Ayn Rand-like individualism-worship of the right today), but also was willing to make fun of the cheap way Vought exploited wokeness at the theme park with Inclusion Kingdom and the GLBTurkey Leg stand. (The writing remains very clever) I also like the general concept of the show that if you had superpowers you would try first and foremost to exploit it for both monetization and for sex.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2022 5:17 AM

I have never seen so many male actors smelling cookies on a TV series ever. Jessie Usher, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr, Chase of course,. Even the kid that plays Homelander’s son pings off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2022 5:30 AM

If you read the comics, Butcher is not sympathetic. In the end he turns out just like homelander - willing to use anyone and anything to get what he wants. The show has gone a different path though. In the comics Butcher gives Hughie compound V on the sly - giving him the ability to take revenge on a-train which he does. The antihero is supposed to be Hughie. Butcher believes all supes are bad, Hughie finds love with Starlight so he does not feel the same or is conflicted due to a sup killing his first fiance.

The show is picking and plucking moments from the comics but not in the same context.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2022 2:04 PM

But what about the CANON?

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2022 2:06 PM

Diane Canon?

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2022 2:52 PM

He means some cannon that can supposedly kill Homelander. That's what the Nicaragua flashback was for R31.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2022 3:39 PM

She has a 96 R27. No one's ever had a 96 !

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2022 3:52 PM

Do the really evil ones die in the comic?

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2022 5:19 PM

I appreciate the full frontal nudity in the opening... it wasn't too brief either. Who was the guy, the actor? He was pretty damn hot. And unapologetically gay (or willing to play such).

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2022 6:19 PM

Google it, you lazy whore

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2022 6:21 PM

The actor's name was Brett Geddes. Here's his imdb page. He has a nice ripped body, although he's not tall (5' 8").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2022 7:18 PM

[quote]Diane Canon?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2022 7:27 PM

It may have been the tip of his penis. but it looked like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2022 7:34 PM

You ancient fags can’t recognize an urethra from an asshole

The tiny man went into the other guy’s URETHRA. His PEE HOLE.

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2022 7:52 PM

Screencaps of Brett's nude scene. Nice ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2022 9:49 PM

Strange that the actor hasn't done much. Just a small collection of one-and-done guest spots.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2022 1:04 AM

"tell me more about this role, guy who shrinks and goes into penis"

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2022 2:07 AM

Lmao the photos are hilarious

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2022 2:16 AM

There are photos of the scene?

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2022 2:17 AM

R45 click r41

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2022 2:21 AM

R45, what part of [bold]Screencaps of Brett's nude scene [/bold] do you not understand, you cretin?

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2022 2:24 AM

Honestly, R47 , I do not know who this Brett loser is. Because unlike you, R47, I do not waste my time with mindless MCU dudebro entertainment. I am here for some titillating break in between "War and Peace" re-read.

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2022 2:29 AM

Lol

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2022 2:31 AM

Yeah that was Charlize Theron, right? The info sidebar x-ray thing doesn't list her.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2022 2:34 AM

Oh Miss r48, smell [italic]you.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2022 2:37 AM

[quote] Strange that the actor hasn't done much. Just a small collection of one-and-done guest spots.

Why would that be strange? An honest question.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2022 2:38 AM

[quote] I do not waste my time with mindless MCU dudebro entertainment.

And yet, here you are on a silly gossip website's thread about said dudebro show.

Here's a video cheat for you, ince you likely read book reviews as if they're books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2022 2:40 AM

And it's not MCU, but a satire of it. Cretin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2022 2:41 AM

[quote]Yeah that was Charlize Theron, right? The info sidebar x-ray thing doesn't list her.

Yes, that was Charlize.

Of all the messed up stuff this show has shown the worst, for me, was seeing The Deep eat Timothy. Wasn't Timothy the squid The Deep was getting off to while having sex with his wife?

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2022 2:45 AM

R54, Well, it is all low brow smoke and mirror for zombie brained minions, like you R54. I do dabble, however, so I can converse people of your level. I don't do too much though, would not want to be another low level sucker.

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2022 2:48 AM

R55, octopus. Yeah he was the one. Thank god it was CGI. In the movie Oldboy it was real—repulsive and cruel.

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2022 5:07 AM

This season's better than the last so far.

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2022 5:08 AM

Chace Crawford looks so stringy/rangey now. Huh.

by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2022 5:09 AM

I like the show in general, but the satire is so obvious at times that it becomes obnoxious. The inclusion castle joke, though, was perfect. And the obsession with demographics is eerily realistic.

Meanwhile, violence doesn't usually bother me, but the violence in this is just too much. I don't need to see entrails and mutilated corpses.

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2022 5:39 AM

Are Erin Moriarty and Antony Starr still allegedly dating?

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2022 6:13 AM

R56's inability to properly use hyphens glaringly displays his pathetic attempt to seem smart while displaying a functional illiteracy.

[quote] zombie brained minions

A zombie brained some minions?

Cretin.

[quote] low level sucker.

A sucker who's low and sucks levels?

Cretin.

by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2022 6:24 AM

Yes, dear, R62, we are well aware that you did not pass 7th grade. No need to flaunt it with your limited vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2022 6:33 AM

^ Thus types the functional illiterate with no comprehension of basic punctuation. The home-schooled are a sad lot.

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2022 6:36 AM

Fuck off R47, The caption says "nude scene" and it makes no mention that it's the exploding homo scene.

by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2022 2:59 PM

I still can't get over the morons that thought termite went into the guy's asshole.

He literally lays his cock out on the table where termite is, and then termite runs over to it and jumps in the pee-hole.

You see the entire head of the dick in that scene.

There's nothing about it that would make anyone with a brain think "asshole".

Then he walks down the straight-and-narrow urethra. Which looks nothing like a rectum or colon. Please.

(That scene was taking "Sounding" to a whole new level)

by Anonymousreply 66June 5, 2022 3:53 PM

Well, this thread really went to shit.

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2022 4:03 PM

R66 these ancient fags have not seen a naked man in person for decades. Combine that with their cataracts and their senile dementia, and you get their confusion between asshole and urethra.

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2022 4:06 PM

Oh look: the "ancient fags" troll just showed up.

That's how you REALLY know a thread is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 69June 5, 2022 4:19 PM

This really helped contextualize Soldier Boy in the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2022 5:45 PM

R69 is didn’t cali you white, because I’m not a racist like that black carpet muncher troll from that lezzy website.

I called you ancient fags, because that what you are.

by Anonymousreply 71June 5, 2022 6:00 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures, R41.

Those visuals completely illustrated what R5 was describing.

Now I get it.

It's actually funny.

But would that really be a pleasurable experience, having a tiny creature crawl up your urethra? And I say this as someone who thinks that "sounding" looks like fucking torture.

Anywho, will the boys ever make it to cable television? I don't have Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 72June 5, 2022 6:12 PM

The Boys is an Amazon Exclusive, that was made for the Amazon Prime streaming service r72

Amazon is not going to release in to basic cable, but you could buy the whole series on Amazon (if you have an Amazon account) and watch it that way.

The cheapest option is to sign up for Amazon Prime for one month, binge watch the entire three season of The Boys, and then cancel your Amazon Prime subscription.

by Anonymousreply 73June 5, 2022 6:17 PM

Thanks, R73.

by Anonymousreply 74June 5, 2022 6:19 PM

I want to like this series, I enjoyed the source material when it was first published, but for a satire, it just seems so witless, and devoid of a point of view. Scenes just kind of peter-out and end with actors so obviously thinking: "when are they doing to call cut so I can get back to my trailer?" Do they even have an editor or do they just air every single frame that they film?

Maybe it's the Canadian setting. It reminds me of why I don't watch Canadian TV: we're too laid back to be watchable. Even with all the exploding dicks and severed heads this show has all the edge and excitement of The Littlest Hobo.

by Anonymousreply 75June 5, 2022 11:39 PM

Did you watch the same show we did r75?

And what the fuck is “The Littlest Hobo”?

by Anonymousreply 76June 5, 2022 11:56 PM

I think the confusion on the dick scene is the man he crawled inside kept saying get to the prostate. Also if he grew inside his dickhole I doubt he would have blew him up in half., just his dick off.

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2022 2:04 PM

He was way down the urethra. And the prostate surrounds the urethra. Jesus. Learn male anatomy, my fellow gay men.

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2022 2:07 PM

I put this in the other thread for those who need visual representation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2022 2:10 PM

After 3 episodes, this season is already much better than season 2. This is really shallow, but I think I would like Homelander better, if the actor was more attractive. The guy who plays him has an odd look. The last episode with The Deep and Homelander at dinner was cruel.

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2022 2:14 PM

r79 I get it, you get it, but most people associate the prostate with the ass which is why I can see why people thought that but from the scene...he jumps in his dick hole..unless the guy some levitate on his side so his ass hole was horizontal slit and it was surrounded by a fleshy roll (dude was uncircumsized).

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2022 2:17 PM

Wasn't there an interview a while ago about how they weren't gonna do the "Herogasm" thing with Homelander and Soldier Boy because it was too "rapey" or whatever (despite them not at all shying away from all the hetero actual rape that has happened) or am I misremembering?

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2022 2:22 PM

R79 these ancient fags who are arguing with you couldn’t tell a man’s ass hole from his cock.

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2022 2:23 PM

Vecna will takes Will’s virginity with multiple tentacles invading Will’s sweet boy hole.

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2022 2:26 PM

Wrong thread, R84

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2022 2:47 PM

Stranger Boys?

by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2022 2:51 PM

Timothy The Octopus will take Will’s virginity with multiple tentacles invading Will’s sweet boy hole.

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2022 2:52 PM

Antony Starr played an ex-con who takes over as sheriff in Banshee, which is definitely worth a watch. He's much less the pretty boy type in that.

by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2022 4:48 PM

Banshee is one of the most intricately terrible shows that’s ever been aired. It was on Cinemax, which was apt. I can’t say I recommend it but Starr does look pretty hot in it.

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2022 5:11 PM

Slight tangent from The Boys - I agree with R89 about Banshee. I watched the first season and it stirred some irrational hate in me to this day... if I see any stories/comments about the show, I rage inside.

It was the blatant exploitation of women in every episode - it was set up that AS's character got to bang a new chick in every episode and it was so contrived that the little Amish town he landed in was full of Swedish model types who dropped their black dresses and white bonnets at a moments notice. Ugh! I'm angry again.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2022 5:38 PM

Is the tiny cock climber a regular on the show?

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2022 6:02 PM

Starr looks like Sully from Monsters, Inc. His underbite is a lot.

[quote]Wasn't there an interview a while ago about how they weren't gonna do the "Herogasm" thing with Homelander and Soldier Boy because it was too "rapey" or whatever

No, they cut it because they took Soldier Boy in a new direction - he is playing the role Black Noir played in the comics, but they had already taken Black Noir in a different direction on the show. In the comics, Black Noir is basically another Homelander - a clone if I remember right - that served as a stealth failsafe for Vought against Homelander should he ever get out of their control. Soldier Boy in the comics was a slutty gay repressed himbo who badly wanted in to the Seven but on the TV show he's the anti-Homelander without being any better (and perhaps being even worse) morally. It's to get Butcher et al into a storyline where they morally compromise themselves by working with a horrible person to take down another horrible person.

There are several other rape scenes in Herogasm, including one where Hughie is raped by Black Noir. Given that Soldier Boy is basically the comic book Black Noir, I wonder if that's what was cut too. There's no way they have the current Black Noir, a literal black man, raping Hughie after his gf was killed by A-Train, the other black character.

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2022 8:04 PM

R91 if you were to accept responsibility for your own life, you could Google it, and see that “tiny cock climber” and see that been in only one episode

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2022 9:14 PM

[quote]There's no way they have the current Black Noir, a literal black man, raping Hughie after his gf was killed by A-Train, the other black character

Hughie rape could be framed as reparations r92

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2022 9:17 PM

I don't watch the show R93 so I was just asking the people who do so kindly take your snarky cunt attitude and fuck yourself with it.

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2022 10:55 PM

What in the ever loving fuck is Jensen doing on this show?

He is so out of place here.

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2022 10:58 PM

Black Noir was a mentally depraved Homelander clone. All the bad things Homelander thought he did were actually done by Noir. Homelander realizes too late he could have been the hero he wanted to be if not for Noir and their psychic conneciton. Noir kills homelander and Butcher beats in Noirs skull pulling his brain out. I don't remember Noir raping Hughie in the cominc?

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2022 11:19 PM

Noir rapes Hughie in the Herogasm storyline.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2022 11:21 PM

r98 damn I will have to re-read that. I only remember soldier boy getting fucked by Homelander to get in the seven.

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2022 11:22 PM

It's quick in the comics. Noir explicitly sexually assaults him with his fingers and then it fades to black and it's heavily implied that he raped Hughie after that or off-panel. Hughie decides to never tell anyone and I think never does.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2022 11:26 PM

I would like to see a Hughie death scene to get rid of that awful,and unattractive actor who really brings down an otherwise perfect show.

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2022 11:29 PM

[quote] Noir explicitly sexually assaults him with his fingers

Getting finger fucked is NOT assault.

Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 102June 7, 2022 12:23 AM

Toe sucking is sexual assault

by Anonymousreply 103June 7, 2022 12:31 AM

Females have over exaggerated what constitutes assault.

Finger fucking is not assault.

by Anonymousreply 104June 7, 2022 12:32 AM

Nobody's giving you the attention you so crave you freak.

by Anonymousreply 105June 7, 2022 12:41 AM

R89/R90... I fucking LOVED Banshee. And "Job" is one of the best characters (and great acting by Hoon Lee). I watched every episode. It was batshit crazy, but it was tons of fun. I also watched every season of the prequel season (which I can't find streaming anywhere, dammit).

by Anonymousreply 106June 7, 2022 12:48 AM

Not one of the actors on The Boys is good looking except for Chace and Laz Alonso. And Jensen, I guess, until he gets killed off, which he will.

by Anonymousreply 107June 7, 2022 12:52 AM

I think Tomer Capon (Frenchie) is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 108June 7, 2022 12:59 AM

[quote] Jensen, I guess, until he gets killed off, which he will.

Soon, we all hope.

by Anonymousreply 109June 7, 2022 1:00 AM

Karl Urban is good looking, but they make him more charactery with the dark hair and beard.

by Anonymousreply 110June 7, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote]Not one of the actors on The Boys is good looking except for Chace and Laz Alonso.

What about the guy playing Supersonic? I’m shocked no one’s brought him up in this thread yet.

by Anonymousreply 111June 7, 2022 1:05 AM

[quote]I think Tomer Capon (Frenchie) is gorgeous.

I, too think Tomer is h9t. Though he and Laz Alonso both put on weight during the hiatus.

I loved all the talk between Frenchie and Lil Nina detailing how Frenchie was her sub.

by Anonymousreply 112June 7, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote] I’m shocked no one’s brought him up in this thread yet.

But it's wrong! [italic]Shockingly[/italic] wrong!

by Anonymousreply 113June 7, 2022 1:28 AM

The guy playing Supersonic has a Lego head.

Hughie considered whatever Noir did to him to be assault IN THE COMICS so go take it up with Garth Ennis if you don't agree.

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2022 1:34 AM

Lay off, dude at R114.

And chill, for fuck's sake. I mean.

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2022 1:54 AM

R101, can you believe how attractive his parents were?

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2022 3:02 AM

He got the top half of his dad's face and the bottom half of his mom's and it just... does not work.

by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2022 6:07 AM

I wnet back and re-read it. The take away I got is Noir did rape him. The thumb was to loosen him up but from his response? Hughie got raped. Not even sure how I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 118June 8, 2022 1:58 PM

Am I confused…

Is “Frenchie”(who’s played by an Israeli) really Russian and pretending to be French?

The Boys is one of the few shows where the wholesome female character (Annie/Starlight) isn’t annoying. I know Hughie’s supposed to be the protagonist, but he could die in the next episode and I wouldn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 119June 8, 2022 2:24 PM

Bless your tiny little heart r119!

by Anonymousreply 120June 8, 2022 2:29 PM

R119, he’s a French guy named Serge whose name was Russianized by his dom ex-girlfriend/boss. He asserted his original name in order to remind her that she’s not in charge anymore.

by Anonymousreply 121June 8, 2022 2:44 PM

[quote]Hughie’s supposed to be the protagonist

Is he though?

by Anonymousreply 122June 8, 2022 9:18 PM

Nooo, Timothy! That cgi octopus was the worst death of the series.

I’m liking all the ass so far: Termite, The Deep, Homelander. Keep it coming!

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2022 12:40 AM

This definitely should clear up any questions about which orifice it was and explains why it was so wrinkly- it couldn’t be erect because of standards and practices, which sounds like early Playgirl magazine.

I wished these articles would explain AntMan though, many evoke it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote] I wished these articles would explain AntMan though, many evoke it.

Marvel fans wanted Ant-Man to crawl up Thanos' ass in ENDGAME to defeat him. It spawned alot of Twitter memes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2022 1:49 AM

But what is an AntMan to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2022 1:51 AM

Ant-Man is a Marvel characters who can shrink himself down in size. Paul Rudd plays him in the films.

by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2022 1:56 AM

R127 Oh, I must have missed those marketing campaigns, they must have gotten desperate to come up with that schtick and that seems like an insult to Paul Rudd. Wasn’t there some bug like super hero played by one of Elaine’s ex boyfriends from Seinfeld, a wasp or something?

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2022 2:02 AM

Termite is 'The Boys' version of Antman.

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2022 2:06 AM

Antony Starr has the creepiest underbite I’ve ever seen. Otherwise he has a good looking face especially his eyes and cool vibe. Chace is still super hot, closeted and in need of more scenes. Jensen Ackles is good looking but the darker hair doesn’t flatter him. Laz Alanso is sexy. Jack Quaid is fugly and gangly but a good actor for the role.

by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2022 2:17 AM

It goes to show that two good looking people (Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid) can sometimes produce the most average looking offspring.

Dennis, even near his 70s, looks better than his 30-year-old son.

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2022 3:11 AM

I know we are supposed to hate The Deep because of what he did to Starlight, but I actually feel bad for him. I mean has he ever known ANYone that isn't a psychopath out to manipulate him and his abilities? If the character has any self awareness he has to feel like, "shit the one time I act like everyone else, I get punished."

Also, it is Chace Crawford very few people would complain about being mouth raped by him.

by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2022 4:38 AM

[quote] Antony Starr has the creepiest underbite I’ve ever seen

I didn't know who this guy was because I have not yet seen an episode of The Boys, but he sounds like a real asshole.

"The Boys Actor Antony Starr Arrested in Spain for Allegedly Assaulting a Chef"

Antony Starr, best known as Homelander on the Amazon Prime Video series The Boys, was arrested in Alicante, Spain earlier this week for allegedly assaulting a young chef at a pub while he was drunk.

The news was first reported by local outlet La Informacion, and Variety confirmed the actor's arrest.

Starr, 46, who was reportedly in the area shooting a film with Guy Ritchie, allegedly punched a 21-year-old Venezuelan man in the face twice during an altercation in the early hours of March 2, resulting in the man being taken to hospital by ambulance, according to La Informacion.

Starr also allegedly smashed a glass into the man's face after punching him, according to The New Zealand Herald. He received four stitches above the eye, per the outlet.

PEOPLE did not immediately receive a comment from representatives for Starr or Amazon.

The American Gothic alum was handed a 12-month suspended sentence for his crime and is required to pay the victim around $5,500 within a 72-hour period to avoid jail time, according to a follow-up report from La Informacion.

In Spain, any conviction under two years is automatically suspended if the guilty person has no criminal record – which Starr does not, per Variety.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2022 5:28 AM

Sounds like it’s not much of a stretch for him to play Homelander. He’s not all that different than the character, quick-tempered and violent.

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2022 5:37 AM

Someone tell me Homelander gets killed off.

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2022 5:44 AM

R135 Of course... what's the point of all this otherwsie!

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2022 6:13 AM

He does get killed off in the comics but they're left with his even more batshit clone. And don't forget, there's still monstrous little Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2022 6:27 AM

Have they said how many season this show will be?

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2022 2:36 PM

Bears repeating that Ryan is a baby gay.

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2022 2:43 PM

Cameron Crovetti, the kid who plays Ryan, is 14 years old right now. He was 12-13 when they filmed this season and S4 will be filmed when he's turning 15. They're going to have to do a time jump if they're going to keep him or recast the role again. Good young actor. He's an identical twin and I thought he and his brother were pretty good on Big Little Lies too. But let's leave him alone, he's 14.

by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2022 5:38 PM

Is the congresswoman who can explode people's heads still around?

by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2022 5:48 PM

^ Google it, you lazy whore

by Anonymousreply 142June 9, 2022 5:58 PM

I eat shit

by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2022 6:48 PM

Oh wow, I didn’t realize Ryan was one of the actors who played one of Celete’s psycho sons on BLL.

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2022 7:00 PM

I'm obsessed with little boys.

by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2022 7:19 PM

I was expecting new episodes today but they’re being released tomorrow. Shit! I can’t wait for this Herogasm episode.

by Anonymousreply 146June 9, 2022 8:27 PM

[quote] But what is an AntMan to begin with?

It's a male fan of Adam Ant, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 147June 9, 2022 8:40 PM

It isn’t just the shrinking guy, wasn’t it established that if a supe sneezes during sex they will basically kill their partner especially if they aren’t super too. Because they lose control of their powers.

by Anonymousreply 148June 9, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote] Bears repeating that Ryan is a baby gay.

And Jensen is an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 149June 9, 2022 11:30 PM

The show isn't skipping on the bare asses this season.

by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2022 6:04 AM

r140, you just saved me some embarrassment- I worked with his brother last year, will be working with him again with in 2 weeks, and was going to talk to him about The Boys. His brother is a damn fine actor.

by Anonymousreply 151June 10, 2022 11:45 AM

Well, we finally find something attractive about young Mr. Quaid, he’d make and excellent bottom that needs to be pounded often and unrelentingly.

Soldier Boy’s ass was quite beefy, but if his hair and beard were so long, why weren’t his finger and toenails overgrown as well?

by Anonymousreply 152June 10, 2022 1:58 PM

r152 super manicurist.

by Anonymousreply 153June 10, 2022 4:34 PM

[quote]It isn’t just the shrinking guy, wasn’t it established that if a supe sneezes during sex they will basically kill their partner especially if they aren’t super too.

Imagine what happens when they cum.

by Anonymousreply 154June 10, 2022 4:38 PM

SPOILERS:

This is the best show for bare men's butts. Jack Quaid's was not very exciting, but Jensen Ackles had a nice one this episode. But it was still not at the level of Chace Crawford's the first season.

Erin Moriarty was disappointing this episode regarding the death at the end of the episode. She barely reacted. It was like Carrie Fisher barely reacting to her home planet being blown up by the Death Star.

The best thing for me is still Giancarlo Esposito and how cool he is, even when taken down by Homelander. He knows no matter how dangerous Homelander is, he's still a loser whose weak points are his insecurity and his stupidity. Who does Homelander think will keep Vought running with Mr. Edgar taken down--Ashley I?

by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2022 5:22 PM

I must be in the minority because I think Jack Quaid is pretty attractive. I wouldn’t kick him out of my bed, especially if he lets me eat that nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 156June 10, 2022 5:28 PM

The woman who plays Ashley is one of the most off putting talentless actresses I've ever seen. She's fucking terrible, mugs in every scene and sounds like she's speaking through a mouthful of spittle. I'm so pissed no one's killed her yet because she's so gross and unlikable and R156 has made me realize that yes, she will likely run Vought one day. Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 157June 10, 2022 6:19 PM

Oh god, r157, that sex scene in the bathroom with her was so disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 158June 10, 2022 6:29 PM

I fast forwarded over it the instant I realized what happened. If I were to make a list of people whose O faces I absolutely never EVER want to see, that woman would be at the top of it. She's just a nasty nostril-flaring mouth breather.

by Anonymousreply 159June 10, 2022 6:36 PM

R157, I'm probably being facile but don't you think that your reaction is essentially the point of Ashley's character? I'm trying to think of how else the actress could play that character, which is essentially Homelander's corporate counterpart--soulless, power-obsessed, insecure, without any principles.

Not sure what you guys saw in Quaid's butt. It was fine but he's still a zero, attraction-wise, for me. His odd head shape actually reminded me of Supersonic's, thought the latter was (sad) far more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 160June 10, 2022 9:53 PM

R160 no. I think Ashley is actually written to be funny and hapless and a wormy sycophant. That has nothing to do with the spittle-laden nostril-flaring mugging the actress does. I've seen her in a few other things and she's the same annoying mouth-breathing over-acting weirdo in everything. She's fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 161June 10, 2022 10:04 PM

I googled some stills of her on The Boys to confirm: she literally never closes her mouth. Every single one had her catching flies. I HATE her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 10, 2022 10:06 PM

WHY is her mouth always hanging open?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 10, 2022 10:10 PM

She was also a mugging mouth breather on "Fear The Walking Dead."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 10, 2022 10:10 PM

Lol I can’t argue with that evidence. I’ve never seen her before TB. I will say that she’s not exactly hapless—she got Victoria on side in this latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 165June 10, 2022 10:16 PM

This season is shaping up to be the best ever. A Solid Gold mention plus Jensen Ackles ass. A+++. Also love that scene between Stan and Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 166June 10, 2022 10:20 PM

Karl Urban’s turn for an ass shot next.

Or MM.

by Anonymousreply 167June 10, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote]Is the congresswoman who can explode people's heads still around?

Yup. She was actually modeled on AOC. Not even joking.

by Anonymousreply 168June 10, 2022 11:53 PM

Toni Starr has ladylike gams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 11, 2022 12:55 AM

[quote]Karl Urban’s turn for an ass shot next.

Got it in season one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 11, 2022 12:56 AM

R166, it even featured Kim Carnes!

by Anonymousreply 171June 11, 2022 12:59 AM

I find it hard to believe that Mother's Milk's ex-wife would go from him to this dorky nerd as her boyfriend. That's like seeing an attractive woman dumping Morris Chestnut for Benedict Cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 172June 11, 2022 2:49 AM

R172 I can totally understand why she would want a man who is the exact opposite of Mother's Milk, in major ways.

by Anonymousreply 173June 11, 2022 2:57 AM

That Ashley actress reminds me of Montana from REAL WORLD: BOSTON.

by Anonymousreply 174June 11, 2022 4:28 AM

Homelander’s getting too many wins in his column and it’s boring me. He needs to get significantly checked by the end of this season.

by Anonymousreply 175June 11, 2022 5:01 AM

That's what Soldier Boy is there for.

by Anonymousreply 176June 11, 2022 5:58 AM

Soldier Boy is a Supe killer. He is the weapon to take out Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 177June 11, 2022 8:17 AM

Yeah, seems like he took The Woman's powers with that blast. We may see a depowered Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 178June 11, 2022 1:48 PM

I can't believe A-Train ratted them out. During that scene with Homelander and Stargirl, I really thought the dead person was going to be Sam. But I guess even Homelander is afraid to go there.

by Anonymousreply 179June 11, 2022 1:51 PM

Agreed, r178. I think they're going to save Kimiko with a temp V injection to allow her to heal/save her life, after Soldier Boy took that ability away from her.

by Anonymousreply 180June 11, 2022 1:55 PM

Where is the fanfic where Soldier Boy is gay.... Given who's playing the role, the fangurls won't be able to help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 181June 11, 2022 11:12 PM

[quote] I can't believe A-Train ratted them out.

I don't know why I was as shocked as I was over his betrayal. A Train would do whatever it takes to stay in The Seven and knows Homelander is the one who has the power (even before the take down of Stan.).

I hoped that he would realize that he didn't want to live in fear of Homelander or being subjugated by him and would go along with anything to take him down. Wrong. I don't know if he's the most pathetic one or The Deep.

It's a good thing Starlight didn't tell Supersonic that Maeve was also in on it because Homelander wouldn't hesitate in killing her.

by Anonymousreply 182June 11, 2022 11:23 PM

R182, agree about Maeve. It's an interesting example of the importance of cells in conspiracies like this. It also makes me wonder who else Maeve may have brought in that we don't know about. She's a clever one and I think that they may be setting her up to get the final killshot on Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 183June 11, 2022 11:29 PM

I honestly thought Supersonic told A Train (fuck that guy) the plan so they could both gain favor with Homelander. I honestly thought he would betray Starlightc

by Anonymousreply 184June 11, 2022 11:51 PM

Supersonic was gone before we could get to know him.... If he were better looking, maybe I would be sorrier to see him go. But now he's a plot device.

by Anonymousreply 185June 11, 2022 11:56 PM

[quote]. I honestly thought he would betray Starlight

So did I. I assumed his betrayal would come in the second to last episode of the season because Ihe seemed too earnest and agreeable.

by Anonymousreply 186June 11, 2022 11:57 PM

R174 every time I see her and Starlight I just miss Jessica Jones :( . I don't even remember Ashley's name in that season , I know she was the twin, but I see Starlight and I think damn Hope Schlotman could probably beat Jeassica Jones now xD !

by Anonymousreply 187June 12, 2022 12:23 AM

I hope Queen Maeve is the one who ultimately gets to finish off Homelander. I’d like to see her role expanded. She’s more interesting than Starlight. Speaking of Starlight, what’s up with her this season? She looks ill in some scenes. Could just be bad makeup?

by Anonymousreply 188June 12, 2022 12:41 AM

She's looking ill to me too R188. I think she's quite pretty but it's clear she's lost at least 20 lbs on what was already a very slender frame.

by Anonymousreply 189June 12, 2022 12:43 AM

Do you get the same abilities every time you take Temporary V? Since it appears Butcher develops the same set of powers as Homelander. Wouldn't he, therefore, be at least be a match for Homelander if he takes Temp V?

by Anonymousreply 190June 12, 2022 2:50 AM

My guess is we'll get to see both Butcher and Hughie take on Homelander since they both have powers at his level now and they both hate him so much. I agree Maeve will probably be the one of take him down because she hates him the most of all, and they pretty much prepared us for her coming death this episode--it was a Chekhov's gun moment.

I thought Starlight not telling Supersonic that A-Train (and The Deep, for that matter) was untrustworthy was poor writing. I knew as she soon as she told him they needed a few more heroes in their conspiracy exactly what sort of thing would happen.

by Anonymousreply 191June 12, 2022 3:28 AM

A-Train was the worse one to chose to go to. The Deep is horrible but if the rest of them would try with him, he could be made an ally. I mean he has a lot of reasons to hate Homelander. But, first, someone will need to kill his wife.

by Anonymousreply 192June 12, 2022 3:44 AM

I think The Deep's wife has as much chance of surviving this season as a red-shirted security guard beaming down to a planet on the original "Star Trek."

by Anonymousreply 193June 12, 2022 3:48 AM

R193 Me too. I'm just impatient to see her die. Can The Deep ever meet a normal, non-crazy person?

by Anonymousreply 194June 12, 2022 3:52 AM

I think the idea is that A-Train and The Deep are so insecure and such inveterate losers they'll never be happy or truly successful.

Even though Chace Crawford is gorgeous and his performance is very willing, I think those of you waiting for him to be somehow made happy are in for disappointment. We're a long way from the days of "Dynasty" or "General Hospital" where a rape could be conveniently forgotten if the character was popular enough. He mouthraped Starlight in the first episode, and he's never going to be redeemed.

by Anonymousreply 195June 12, 2022 4:22 AM

r195, which is why I didn’t give a shit about him when he had to eat that octopus.

by Anonymousreply 196June 12, 2022 4:32 AM

I didn't give a shit about him, but I did care about poor Timothy.

by Anonymousreply 197June 12, 2022 4:33 AM

The Deep is an irredeemable rapist piece of shit, and the show knows it and loves to torture him for it. It's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 198June 12, 2022 4:52 AM

I hate the idea that a character, or a person, can never be forgiven for a crime. It goes against western culture, where you can always change and be redeemed.

Also, let's not forget that while he "mouthraped" Starlight, we have also witnessed him getting raped, in the gills which seems especially painful for him. And, I think it is easy to assume that The Deep was probably doing to Starlight what Homelander had done to him.

The show has made him very different than the comics where he is considered one of the more mature superheroes. Also, in the comics it is Homelander who tells Starlight she has to suck him, A-Train, or Black Noir. Why they've made such changes to the story I do not know.

by Anonymousreply 199June 12, 2022 5:02 AM

[quote] And, I think it is easy to assume that The Deep was probably doing to Starlight what Homelander had done to him.

No, it is not. We have heard absolutely nothing whatsoever about that on the show.

You're just completely making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 200June 12, 2022 5:09 AM

Homelander always winning is getting boring. But with Soldier Boy in the picture, I would hope the show is building toward Homelander being beaten. The character is too important to be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 201June 12, 2022 5:18 AM

Raping someone makes you a rapist. It's not a behavior or a habit - it says something fundamental about how you view other people's rights and personal autonomy vis a vis your own. It isn't something anyone ever has to forgive anyone for, no matter how repentant they are - and we've seen zero evidence that Deep is actually remorseful for his behavior. He regrets the consequences he's suffered, but there's no evidence at all that he feels bad in any way. On the contrary, he seems to feel that he's entitled to everyone's forgiveness because he's so clueless and horribly narcissistic.

This is why the show enjoys flagellating him so, and Chace is very funny (who knew) in the role.

by Anonymousreply 202June 12, 2022 5:24 AM

Given what we know about Homelander, it is a reasonable assumption to make. Also, did the series mention and I missed it, but did they not go with the comic version that Homelander was made from Stormfront's genetics, making him her son? Because that makes their relationship even more fucked up. I only started looking into the comics after watching the show.

I would also mention that while rape by coercion is rape, it is less horrible than violent rape with forced penetration, which is essentially what The Deep experiences. And, rewatching the scene now, after we've seen the characters and got to know them. I could see how it could've actually started off with him not intending to rape her. She had just said he was her celebrity crush. The way EVERYONE seems to treat him, plus his immaturity, I could see him thinking that she wanted to suck him. And, then when she reacts negatively to that, he changes into a rapist abusing their power. Though, he only has a perception of power over her, because she believes him to be number 2 in the 7. In actuality he has no power on the team and I think it is pretty obvious that Starlight has the more powerful powers, at least on land.

by Anonymousreply 203June 12, 2022 5:43 AM

I knew A-Train was going to rat then out. He is representative of the ultimate sellout/Uncle Tom. His phony pandering in that African suit and pretending to care about black people when he really only cares about his own self interests and seeks the approval of whitey/Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 204June 12, 2022 1:23 PM

I hope/suspect Teddy Stillwell will make another appearance, possibly avenging his dear departed lactating mommy Madelyn. He was a creepy little bugger in his appearance at the Red River supe orphanage during Hughie's visit.

by Anonymousreply 205June 12, 2022 2:00 PM

Madelyn’s death remains my favorite of the series. I doubt Teddy was introduced merely as an Easter egg.

by Anonymousreply 206June 12, 2022 4:50 PM

I tried so hard to like this show. I liked the idea that putting so much faith in “superheroes” is disastrous, as a critique of the genre, but it ended up being another superhero story, if pretending to be an anti-superhero story.

Still, I would have hung in, but it’s boring, and the storytelling is dreadful. It’s a terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 207June 12, 2022 4:55 PM

R207, I’m a bit of a film snob, but I look forward to each episode of The Boys. It’s weird; I usually hate gratuitous violence and profanity, but this show has managed to keep my attention.

How is it another superhero story? Even if Annie and Hughie prevail, a lot of good people are dying in the process. And now that non-Supes are able to experience superhuman powers, they aren’t acting as righteous and selfless as traditional superheroes.

by Anonymousreply 208June 12, 2022 5:05 PM

Posted this in the wrong thread--I think Stormfront's off-screen death was a Stan tactic to keep something in reserve against Homelander. He'll bolt on some new limbs and she'll be at the final fight when Soldier Boy is deployed. She hates him now because he rejected her vision, so she'll gladly cooperate especially if it gets her Ryan, the great white hope.

by Anonymousreply 209June 12, 2022 11:22 PM

R14 I remember Barry Crimmins saying Powder was like a propaganda piece for pedestrians, symbolically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 210June 12, 2022 11:35 PM

I found myself staring at Erin Moriarty's face during episode 4 - it seemed strangely smooth and expressionless. Halfway through the hour, I started wondering if she had just gotten some botox or some procedure and her face was frozen from it. Pay attention when she's telling Supersonic about the plot to take down Homelander - she looks like a wax figure. Later, when she's on the roof with Homelander, she's an expressionless sphinx.

by Anonymousreply 211June 13, 2022 3:03 AM

R211 I noticed this too in that it looked like a filter or somehow her cheeks and forehead had been scrubbed digitally.

by Anonymousreply 212June 13, 2022 7:00 AM

I also agrees it's post-production sweetening.-- maybe she got some facial lines when she lost weight, so they got rid of them.

by Anonymousreply 213June 13, 2022 11:48 AM

[quote] I worked with his brother last year, will be working with him again with in 2 weeks, and was going to talk to him about The Boys. His brother is a damn fine actor.

That's not his "brother." That's an actor who plays the brother of the character he plays.

by Anonymousreply 214June 13, 2022 11:51 AM

No you misunderstand me- I worked with his real twin brother, Nicholas.

by Anonymousreply 215June 13, 2022 11:54 AM

They DPs are giving Erin Moriarty the "Ivanka", which is just one step below the full "Lucy Mame".

by Anonymousreply 216June 13, 2022 12:03 PM

[quote]But what is an AntMan to begin with?

R126 has to be the dumbest mother-fucker on the face of the planet.

by Anonymousreply 217June 14, 2022 4:23 AM

I can't believe the super hot dude got killed before we got to see him naked. Goddammit.

by Anonymousreply 218June 14, 2022 4:23 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 219June 14, 2022 3:14 PM

I hardly think Giancarlo is down and out. Voit in the books was huge company with thier fingers in all the pie, including the vice president was one of thiers - an actual moron they controlled (I beleive he had superpowers too, at least super strength). Vic the Veep is what they called him. The whole storyline on Homelander was he wanted to be the hero everyone thought he was but he would do these terrible things but not remember them so he developed a psychosis. It turned out he never did the terrible things he thought he did (like eat a baby) it was Black Noir, his insane clone. When he realizes this he goes fucking insane, that he could have been that perfect hero but he was set up to fail his whole life by the company.

This boys is different. Well maybe. We have not seen Black Noir, if it is the same one from Soldier Boy days or if they replaced hin with an insane clone of Homelander. Interesting that they give soldier boy the power to remove superpowers. I wonder if the tables will turn for Homelander. Instead of like the comics him fucking a sad soldier boy we get Soldier Boy forcing Homelander to suck his dick or lose his powers.

by Anonymousreply 220June 14, 2022 3:15 PM

r220, is Soldier Boy's power to remove superpowers or to reverse Compound V? If the latter, then Ryan would be immune to the effect, as he supposedly inherited his powers from Homelander rather than V injections. Wondering about Teddy Stilwell also, since mommy had access to Homelander's sperm and the father was never identified...

by Anonymousreply 221June 14, 2022 3:31 PM

It's interesting how Stan Edgar doesn't seem afraid that Homelander will vaporize him, and that lead me to wonder if Stan has developed some Supe resistor serum that he's been taking. He's been in the pharmaceutical business for years and had to know that creating these Supes could backfire on him, so he made something to protect himself. That's why he can stand n front of a man who can cut him in half with laser eyes and not break a sweat.

by Anonymousreply 222June 14, 2022 6:27 PM

And if you notice, R222, Homelander seems somewhat intimidated by Stan Edgar; he even admitted as much in their scene together.

Giancarlo is excellent as Stan Edgar.

by Anonymousreply 223June 14, 2022 6:33 PM

Giancarlo is excellent in every character he performs. r222, that’s probably why he’s not afraid of the AOC head popper.

by Anonymousreply 224June 14, 2022 7:57 PM

I think it's a better story if Stan Edgar doesn't have super powers or any secret defense against Homelander's abilities, but is just such a disciplined manipulator that he's confident his intimidation game will make such unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 225June 14, 2022 11:52 PM

It is a better story, but I suspect the above posters are right and they're going in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 226June 15, 2022 6:19 PM

In an interview talking about THE STAIRCASE and briefly about the spinoff series for THE BOYS. Patrick Schwarzenegger mentioned auditioning for Homelander. I can see him as The Deep but Homelander? No.

[quote]“The Boys” producers reached out to Schwarzenegger for the spinoff after meeting him years ago when he auditioned to play the character of Homelander on the original series.

by Anonymousreply 227June 15, 2022 11:42 PM

Maybe it's just me, but Ep. 5 fell kind of flat. I know Ep. 6, "Herogasm", is the one that's going to be completely over the top, but this episode seemed really weak, especially the Vought Corp. and Blue Hawk bits. And yes, Erin Moriarty's face is still frozen stiff to the point of distraction.

by Anonymousreply 228June 17, 2022 5:03 PM

Also, the musical number was the best part of the entire episode.

by Anonymousreply 229June 17, 2022 5:09 PM

I didn't like the musical number, the lip syncing was awful. I did like the way Frenchie danced though, I find the actor incredibly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 230June 17, 2022 5:12 PM

Tomer Capone (Frenchie) is VERY sexy.!

by Anonymousreply 231June 17, 2022 5:26 PM

Was the Judy Garland and musical element pandering to the Gays during Pride month?

by Anonymousreply 232June 17, 2022 5:29 PM

The musical number was ... something else.

I agree with the others about Erin Moriarty's face. It looks smooth to the point of being distracting.

by Anonymousreply 233June 17, 2022 5:36 PM

They should never have put a clip of the song and dance segment into the show's season 3 trailers, it ruined the surprise. At least it wasn't yet another Billy Joel song.

by Anonymousreply 234June 17, 2022 6:01 PM

I just want Homelander dead at this point. IDK why but when a villian is too much of a strong , unopposed bully (who is one note) it's just fucking boring. If they don't kill Homelander this season it has to be next. It's just too damn tiresome at this point.

by Anonymousreply 235June 17, 2022 6:46 PM

Erin Moriarty did not look horrified at all when she was telling Hughie about Homelander killing Supersonic. She looked like she was telling him the latest development in a lawsuit against her.

by Anonymousreply 236June 17, 2022 6:51 PM

She's looking outright gaunt these last couple of episodes. There's a scene in which Homelander is holding her hand and his arm, which is a normal and not very muscular arm, looked 3x the width of hers. I think she's very pretty but I hope she's okay. She doesn't look well lately.

by Anonymousreply 237June 17, 2022 6:54 PM

AMEN r235! I say that about any show when the villain is mostly unopposed. It becomes very boring storytelling.

by Anonymousreply 238June 17, 2022 6:56 PM

To me this was the weakest episode so far.

I'm also getting tired of an unopposed Homelander. They have taken him so far where else is there for him to go? Even if Soldier Boy does manage to defeat him or tame him a bit it will only be temporary. I can't see a depowered Homelander for S4 - that is if Antony Starr is indeed slated to be in S4.

Blue Hawk was too on the nose to be an amusing villain. However, I did laugh at the chyron on his interview saying he defeated Antifa.

by Anonymousreply 239June 17, 2022 6:59 PM

R235 R238 agreed if you are going to have a show that runs for several seasons built around a villain they need to do like the primetime soaps of the 80s the villain as to lose occasionally and has to have some redeeming features, like JR Ewing who was one of if not the first big American tv anti-heroes you could say, at least he loves his family. With Homelander he is just pretty much evil through and through by this point.

by Anonymousreply 240June 17, 2022 10:09 PM

Great point r240! JR Ewing didn’t always win. Hell, he got shot twice during DALLAS’s run. In Dynasty, Alexis Carrington Colby got her ass whupped on the regular by both Krystle and Dominique. Watching these villains get knocked down, dust themselves off, and get back to starting trouble is what makes them unforgettable. Look what happened to Stormfront. That was pretty fucking awesome. We need to see Homelander get a serious set back before the season’s over.

by Anonymousreply 241June 17, 2022 11:45 PM

I think Erin Moriarty had bad surgery and they’re digitally smoothing it out. Check her eyes out in the scene at the end of this episode where she’s supposed to be tearing up. They aren’t blinking together. One of them doesn’t look like it’s quite blinking at all. There’s something screwed up there.

by Anonymousreply 242June 18, 2022 9:06 AM

I’m glad it’s not just me who thought this latest episode was “meh”.

by Anonymousreply 243June 18, 2022 11:57 AM

I don’t care at all about Hughie and Starlight so the ep ending on Quaid contorting his ugly face and Starlight’s face…not moving…was a real letdown.

by Anonymousreply 244June 18, 2022 2:07 PM

Sam Champion should play the role of Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 245June 18, 2022 2:12 PM

I'm pretty certain next episode will see Homelander lose one way or the other if not die. He's too mean and unstoppable to be permanently on top.

by Anonymousreply 246June 18, 2022 2:15 PM

ilu Laurie Holden and your ridiculous lips rip

by Anonymousreply 247June 18, 2022 2:22 PM

ilu Laurie Holden and your ridiculous lips rip

by Anonymousreply 248June 18, 2022 2:22 PM

I'm really liking this season and I thought Episode 5 was good. Homelander keeps winning, because it's going to make his defeat that much sweeter. Plus, you can already see the cracks starting to form. I wish you guys wouldn't have mentioned Stargirl's face, now that's all I can look at. I liked that Butcher and Maeve fucked and that Homelander could smell Butcher all over her. Also like the parallel between Maeve and Homelander and Soldier Boy and Crimson Countess.

by Anonymousreply 249June 18, 2022 2:23 PM

Well, that certainly needed repeating r248.

by Anonymousreply 250June 18, 2022 2:27 PM

It was a DL glitch okkkkk????

by Anonymousreply 251June 18, 2022 2:35 PM

[quote]I wish you guys wouldn't have mentioned Stargirl's face, now that's all I can look at.

It's Starlight, not Stargirl.

by Anonymousreply 252June 18, 2022 3:14 PM

Maybe The Asylum is making a mockbuster show called The Guys, and Stargirl is their knockoff of Starlight?

by Anonymousreply 253June 18, 2022 3:19 PM

Do you think maybe there’s a plotline behind Starlight’s weirdness with her face and woodeness where will find out she was replaced with a synthetic and the real one is being held hostage by Vought?

by Anonymousreply 254June 18, 2022 3:58 PM

She had a nose job and it wasn't a great one. Her nostrils are all asymmetrical now a la Laura Bell Bundy.

by Anonymousreply 255June 19, 2022 1:25 AM

In This last episode, they show her with less makeup on and you can see her actual skin texture. But her eyes... I wonder if she got that fox eye procedure, or if is just bad makeup.

by Anonymousreply 256June 19, 2022 3:06 AM

Hmm, looks like nose job, fox eyes, and digital smoothing because of her crappy skin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 19, 2022 3:14 AM

There’s nobody attractive enough for him on this show, R181.

Every single person on this show is loathsome.

They’re all disgusting, vile assholes.

by Anonymousreply 258June 19, 2022 4:04 AM

I agree this season is turning out excellent.

I like that Hughie is exploring fisting lol. Also I love the portrayal of MM’s OCD and how it’s destroyed his life. Very accurate. The Israeli French guy is so hot (especially during the musical number where you could see his dad bod), but I’m so sick of him and Kimiko. Why couldn’t SB have destroyed her?

by Anonymousreply 259June 19, 2022 4:19 AM

Homelander is such a transparent stand-in for Trump... it's almost painfully on-the-nose a times.

by Anonymousreply 260June 19, 2022 4:21 AM

I liked Paul Riser as the sleazy agent, I'd watch a spinoff about him or just a show where he played a similar character. He has enough Borscht Belt in him to harken back to George Burns, etc... in his timing.

by Anonymousreply 261June 19, 2022 4:25 AM

Frenchie put on all the weight Starlight lost.

by Anonymousreply 262June 19, 2022 4:28 AM

r261, I agree! I love Paul Reiser’s performance as The Legend.

by Anonymousreply 263June 19, 2022 4:33 AM

I Googled and it looks like a lot of people have taken note of Erin Moriarty's drastic weight loss and all the work she had done to what was originally a very cute fact that didn't need any work.

In this link alone I see: - Cheek and jaw fillers/contouring - A brow lift so that her eyes are no longer hooded - Botox in her forehead - Nasolabial folds are more pronounced which are common after a lot of weight loss (she is also a smoker) - Way too much filler on her upper lip which is now asymmetrical where it wasn't at all before - A very bad overly aggressive nose job where they clearly removed too much cartilage and now her nostrils are all out of whack - Skin resurfacing on her cheeks for texture - Tearline fillers under her eyes, which used to be much more pronounced

She really got her entire face redone. No wonder she can barely move it and looks waxy now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 19, 2022 4:41 AM

How old is she?

by Anonymousreply 265June 19, 2022 4:56 AM

27 fucking years old and she’s already screwing with her face?

Damn, that’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 266June 19, 2022 5:03 AM

Can we please stop talking about this bitch’s face and get back to talking about the show in general, PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 267June 19, 2022 5:22 AM

So Solder Boy's chest glow permanently de-powers supes who survive the blast? If so I think I see where this is going.

by Anonymousreply 268June 19, 2022 7:39 AM

Where is it going, Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 269June 19, 2022 8:33 AM

Homelander having to rely on temp V and dealing with the after effects could be interesting. Rather he died but he’s wayyy too big a part of the show to go permanently unless Jensen signs on as a regular to take over as lead.

by Anonymousreply 270June 19, 2022 8:37 AM

Why wouldn't they kill him as according to plan once they de-powered him? He's committed atrocities.

by Anonymousreply 271June 19, 2022 8:39 AM

Erin Moriarty is headed the way of Reid Ewing (Modern Family).

by Anonymousreply 272June 19, 2022 9:16 AM

Worse than the actress in Lucifer even. Producers should include a 'no plastic surgery' clause in contracts.

by Anonymousreply 273June 19, 2022 12:12 PM

I'm interested to see where the temp V is going to lead with Butcher and Hughie. Also, Butcher's last scene with Ryan, I think that may have turned the boy to the dark side.

[quote]Worse than the actress in Lucifer even. Producers should include a 'no plastic surgery' clause in contracts.

She got really scary.

by Anonymousreply 274June 19, 2022 1:40 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 275June 19, 2022 1:51 PM

R271, I could see Ashley helping him because it keeps her CEO. If HL dies, Stan comes back.

by Anonymousreply 276June 19, 2022 2:42 PM

I wonder if some of the temp V is real and Hughie or Butcher will keep their powers.. I think they both have powers in the comics

by Anonymousreply 277June 19, 2022 2:46 PM

They better be careful about using the temp V because Maeve won't be able to give them anymore. What exactly did Homelander do to her? Did he rape her? Beat the shit out of her? Both?

by Anonymousreply 278June 19, 2022 3:22 PM

Wasn’t it that other silent, completely lame supe? The one that doesn’t talk?

The one that had half his faced burned off?

He did something to Maeve.

See, the fact that two of the supposed “good guys” had access to that potion makes it an even more awful show. It might be in the comics for them to have powers but it just makes them as bad as the supes they are fighting.

by Anonymousreply 279June 19, 2022 3:26 PM

I think this show is really about rooting for the lesser of two evils. There are no good guys in this show, which is what makes it so interesting.

by Anonymousreply 280June 19, 2022 3:30 PM

Once Starlight has sex with Hughie on temp V she’ll change her mind lickity-split.

by Anonymousreply 281June 19, 2022 4:01 PM

It was definitely Black Noir grabbing Maeve.

I haven’t read the comics, but I assumed that Butcher would get powers somehow to overcome Homelander-it really is the only way it could work. Or use his own son against him.

by Anonymousreply 282June 19, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote]I could see Ashley helping him because it keeps her CEO.

I've liked her CEO storyline because the horrible mouth-breathing actress playing her presses her lips together when she's being dramatic, hence finally closing her fucking mouth once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 283June 19, 2022 7:38 PM

Is it too obvious that Soldier Boy will betray Butcher and Hughie? Aren't SB and Homelander fuck buddies in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 284June 19, 2022 8:01 PM

Saw an interesting comment on YouTube: The Deep's wife is likely a supe whose power is to control another person's speech. She's been shown mouthing the words when Deep is talking in the same room. Am I the only one who missed that?

by Anonymousreply 285June 19, 2022 8:50 PM

I've been sorry The Deep's not been allowed to show his beautiful ass this season.

by Anonymousreply 286June 19, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote]The Deep's wife is likely a supe whose power is to control another person's speech. She's been shown mouthing the words when Deep is talking in the same room. Am I the only one who missed that?

I take it that she coaches him on everything he says a) because The Deep is an idiot and b) she wants to secure his place within the Seven and make him more popular.

by Anonymousreply 287June 19, 2022 8:58 PM

Right, r287, and the fact that he's such an idiot makes me think maybe she IS controlling his speech. He's said everything she wanted him to say perfectly, even when not looking at her texts.

by Anonymousreply 288June 19, 2022 9:10 PM

That's how I took her character, too R287. She's very thirsty/power hungry and her himbo husband is her ticket to fame and money.

by Anonymousreply 289June 19, 2022 9:11 PM

The problem with the theory about Deep’s wife is that he is always childishly happy with himself for getting his speeches right—he practices a lot. Now, that could be setting it up for a moment when he tries to go off-script and she takes over. That would be a fun revelation.

by Anonymousreply 290June 19, 2022 9:11 PM

Black Noir was on Payback with Soldier Boy, but got half his face blown off. I suspect this modern-day Black Noir is not the og one, but rather the Homelander clone like in the comics. Probably the only way he could take Maeve. She is supposed to be as strong as homelander and just as durable. I still say he is a homelander clone which is why The CEO was not afraid of Homelander, they have Black Noir on a leash to gut homelander if they need to.

by Anonymousreply 291June 20, 2022 12:30 AM

I've never watched an episode of this show. Is it any homoerotic?

by Anonymousreply 292June 20, 2022 12:32 AM

Nope, R292. It’s disturbing and gross and no one is a good person.

by Anonymousreply 293June 20, 2022 1:01 AM

The one scene I found hot was when Ashley walked in on Homelander sitting on the sofa nude, watching TV, and how she couldn't stop looking at his dick. Antony Starr may not have Chris Hemsworth's or Chris Evans's body, but I find him incredibly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 294June 20, 2022 1:15 AM

Maeve is nowhere near as strong or durable as Homelander, hence what she said to Starlight about training to maybe be able to buy them a second or two against him. Word from the writers is that Soldier Boy is in the same ballpark as he is, but we haven't seen evidence of that in the show aside from his eyeballs being more resistant to puncture than Stormfront's.

by Anonymousreply 295June 20, 2022 1:58 AM

Why is the Maeve actress never in any of the cast pics or promos? She is much more pleasant looking than the blonde girl with the terrible plastic surgery on her face. Her character is rather underused, as well. Is it a minor one in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 296June 20, 2022 2:10 AM

Funny on the show it's homelanders's laser vision that is used mostly. It seems like all the compound V folks have some level of enhanced strength. Strom Front could take Homelanders heat vision on her chest, they used it as a sexual device.

by Anonymousreply 297June 20, 2022 2:15 AM

Um, something tells me Soldier Boy being able to endure getting shot in the eye at close range by a machine gun indicates he can endure a lot.

As much as I’m enjoying this season, there are going to be a lot of storylines to tie up in a limited amount of time (what happened to Maeve, how exactly was Soldier Boy betrayed, Victoria catching onto Hughie, Soldier Boy & MM, Fenchie & Nina, Deep’s wife, blah blah blah).

by Anonymousreply 298June 20, 2022 11:02 AM

Seth Rogen as Sir-Comes-A-Lot-779. LOL. He seems to have lost a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 299June 20, 2022 11:07 AM

I was surprised that Vaughn wasn't the mastermind behind the betrayal of Soldier Boy. I thought they set the whole thing up with the Russians to extend their power, influence, and business on the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 300June 20, 2022 11:13 AM

Is it just me, or does the actress who plays Crimson Countess give off a Cate Blanchett vibe? I definitely felt it during the SirCumsALot scene.

by Anonymousreply 301June 20, 2022 11:14 AM

Sorry, the company is called Vought Inc. of course.

by Anonymousreply 302June 20, 2022 11:14 AM

Don’t be surprised to be wrong, R300. There’s a good chance you’ll be 100% right when all is said and done.

by Anonymousreply 303June 20, 2022 11:17 AM

[quote] Is it just me, or does the actress who plays Crimson Countess give off a Cate Blanchett vibe?

I thought she looked more like Nathalie Boltt who, at some point, played a kinky madame on Riverdale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 20, 2022 11:18 AM

That Crimson woman is actually Marita Covarrubias, from X-files, many moons ago.

by Anonymousreply 305June 20, 2022 1:42 PM

I thought the Crimson Countess was from Walking Dead and The Americans, Laurie something or other?

by Anonymousreply 306June 20, 2022 2:05 PM

Laurie Holden plays Crimson Countess, yes.

[quote]Why is the Maeve actress never in any of the cast pics or promos?

I don't understand that either. Some people have said that she doesn't like doing press but she has been asked to do a few interviews and she did at least one Comic Con panel. But it's crazy that even from the start she was absent from promotions.

by Anonymousreply 307June 20, 2022 2:40 PM

Maybe the actress who plays Maeve has a situation like Lena Heady and Jerome Flynn on Game of Thrones. They had a bad breakup, so great effort was made to ensure they never shared scenes or did press together.

by Anonymousreply 308June 20, 2022 4:04 PM

I wonder if they'll kill her off if she has behind the scenes drama like they did to everyone on "The Walking Dead."

[quote]Aren't SB and Homelander fuck buddies in the comics?

As has been explained 50,000 times since Soldier Boy's casting announcement literal years ago, SB on the show is not the same as SB from the comics, where he was a profoundly stupid repressed gay idiot who desperately wanted to join The Seven. So they won't be fuckbuddies on the show because this SB doesn't want to join The Seven - he has his own agenda with his own superhero team.

by Anonymousreply 309June 20, 2022 6:04 PM

I like that Solider Boy on the TV series is similar to Watchmen's The Comedian, an alternative version of Captain American/Nick Fury. Jensen is killing it in his performance!

by Anonymousreply 310June 20, 2022 6:25 PM

I thought there were two Soldier Boys in the comic: an original, early Steve Rogers one; and a new wannabee John Walker one, who was the one Homelander got to give him a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 311June 20, 2022 8:42 PM

It was revealed later in the comics that there were a few SBs and that it was actually a mantle that could be taken on by anyone, much like Captain America became in later Marvel comics.

by Anonymousreply 312June 20, 2022 9:31 PM

Did they anal probe Soldier Boy during his captivity? There must be a fanfic where that happened...

by Anonymousreply 313June 22, 2022 1:21 AM

R313, if it happened (which it sounds like it won't on the series), it probably would have happened in the "Herogasm" supe orgy issue, which is covered in next week's episode of The Boys. It's promising to be a wild show. Looking forward to lots of gratuitous male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 314June 22, 2022 1:26 AM

Jenson Ackles remarked that there was some scene he refused to do. Maybe it had to do with his or his sidekick’s asshole. Or is it the sex scene with Homelander?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 22, 2022 1:43 AM

R315 He's a prude... This is the best gig for him post Supernatural. Playing a superhero with characterization far different from Dean. He should loosen up. Right now, I am still seeing some shadow of Dean in his performance so far.

by Anonymousreply 316June 22, 2022 2:14 AM

I can have sympathy for an actor when it comes to sexual scenes if they sign on before the first episodes air. By this point he knew what he was signing up for.

Jensen Ackles does seem to be trying to breakthrough more right now, for summer he is on The Boys, an edgy streaming hit, then come fall he joins Big Sky, along with Reba, for a middle of the road, middle America type show.

by Anonymousreply 317June 22, 2022 2:30 AM

He's playing a traumatized, gravel-voiced macho lout who reacts with lame insults when someone isn't impressed by his bravado, R316. All he lacks is an idiot younger brother to worry about codependently and a classic muscle car in which to roam the countryside.

by Anonymousreply 318June 22, 2022 10:42 PM

I wonder if they're overhyping this so much it will inevitably be a letdown, or is it so over-the-top no amount of overhyping can ruin it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 23, 2022 2:52 AM

I'm keeping my expectations very very low, R319, for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

[quote]All he lacks is an idiot younger brother to worry about codependently

LOL oh shit... he sort of had one this time around too, except Butcher accidentally laser-eyed him to death!

by Anonymousreply 320June 23, 2022 3:46 AM

R315, isn’t Soldier Boy a pedophile though? Maybe he didn’t want to do a scene of molesting a child?

by Anonymousreply 321June 23, 2022 5:28 AM

R315 R316 Don't exaggerate. Ackles, Kripke and Urban have laughed about it. The whole thing with the show is that it pushes the boundaries of acceptability and sometimes maybe needs to be reined back a little.

These are explicit sex scenes, sex scenes more explicit than the one in the audition script Kripke sent him to see if he'd be interested in playing the character, which was Soldier Boy(in a flashback) having sex with a playboy bunny while Peter Fonda's(obviously not the real Peter Fonda LOL) thumb was stuck up Soldier Boy's ass. Jensen was fine with that, he said it was what made him go "I want to play this character". Clearly he is not a prude. He knew exactly what he was signing on for, it doesn't mean something couldn't be just a little bit too far.

It simply involved adjusting the position slightly, as they explained in other interviews. Which is quite fair. Actors are allowed to have boundaries no matter what type of show they are in. It wasn't anything that changed the overall effect, it was just explicit in a slightly less uncomfortable way.

At about 4:20 into the Seth Meyers interview below he mentions it, not the whole story but clearly views it as funny, as has Kripke and Urban when they've mentioned it. It was never a case of getting the vapors it was the case of something extreme for the show and making some slight adjustments to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 23, 2022 7:42 AM

Setting the Herogasm orgy stuff aside for a moment, I've been wondering more about Temp V. At $2M a dose, Vought, being Vought, would probably have made Temp V as insanely addictive (and therefore extremely hard to kick) as possible. I'm sure Stan Edgar would have had a hand in this, so we likely haven't seen the last of him (great news, since Giancarlo Esposito's brilliantly understated acting has consistently been one of the show's highlights). Are Hughie and Butcher destined to become Temp V addicts? With Queen Maeve out of commission, will Starlight be forced to secure the doses they need from Vought?

by Anonymousreply 323June 23, 2022 2:50 PM

Whooo that sucked. I cannot believe the laziness of remaking the Stormfront confrontation from last season almost down to the fight choreo and finish. Orgy stuff was laughable. Not a single good scene.

by Anonymousreply 324June 24, 2022 11:39 AM

r324, I agree. It wasn’t the big episode it was made out to be.

by Anonymousreply 325June 24, 2022 11:53 AM

The fight was legendary and fun. The party was pointless. The cum gag was done on Scary Movie 2. They didn’t even linger on any hardcore nudity or penetration. Episode 1 was more explicit to me.

Butcher would call the marketing team a bunch of right cunts.

by Anonymousreply 326June 24, 2022 12:29 PM

Dear nerds, this is why you don't hype shit like Herogasm. You raise the expectation for it to be the most awesome thing ever, and then it fucking blows, and not in a good way.

Overall, the episode had some great fighting scenes and Hughie and Annie basically broke up. Those scenes were great. The rest? Meh. Way too overhyped.

by Anonymousreply 327June 24, 2022 12:47 PM

So, the Termite is dead huh? Where did he pop out of earlier in the episode before coming on to MM and getting fluids on him?

by Anonymousreply 328June 24, 2022 1:21 PM

To add to the list of weird things and Starlight, or what ever name she’s going by now, her pupils always look dilated to the max like she just came from the eye doctor all the time.

by Anonymousreply 329June 24, 2022 1:23 PM

Yeah, it's sad, but I think the show's tanked. Ep. 6 was better than last week's show, but that's not saying much. Season 3's first few shows showed some promise, but it's a struggle to care about any of the characters anymore. Was hoping for some of the 1st season weirdness around the herogasm scenes, but it only managed to produce the world's most boring orgy.

by Anonymousreply 330June 24, 2022 1:58 PM

[quote] Where did he pop out of earlier in the episode before coming on to MM and getting fluids on him?

The vagina of the woman next to him on the left when he popped up.

by Anonymousreply 331June 24, 2022 3:14 PM

This was a weird season. I feel like the showrunners got more caught up in the outrageousness of the show than its storyline, and so the point of the season finale was to push boundaries as far as they could. Herogasm wasn't sexy at all but just disgusting, and I would as soon they'd rachet that back now.

This was one of the few episodes where I really felt Anthony Starr's acting wasn't up to snuff. He was very unconvincing in the early scenes this episode at the Vought Tower where he kept getting bad news and doubting himself. I actually think Erin Moriarty (despite whatever happened to her face) and Jack Quaid are better actors than they usually get credit for on these threads, and they were both pretty good this episode, although Moriarty took too many dramatic pauses during her big social media speech at the end. Jensen Ackles is uneven--he still cannot rid himself of this stupid frat boy accent he also used on both "Smallville" and "Supernatural," and it seems really inappropriate for someone who is supposed to be an ageless WWII vet.

The dialogue is often still fine--I love the meaningless caring bromides popular today they keep putting in Ashley's mouth whenever someone confronts her about bad things Vought has done.

I loved the details about the TNT Twins, and that back in the day they were basically the Donny & Marie of superheroes and had their own variety show (someone in their Vermont house was wearing a t-shirt of it with a hilarious 70s logo for it). I also like the running joke that the Deep wants to have sex with octopuses (and finally did this episode).

I'm incredibly bored by the ongoing subplot with Frenchie and all his former lovers. I hoped at least we'd get to see his ass crack since he was naked this episode, but no such luck.

Is next season the final season? They'll need to kill off Homelander, Soldier Boy, and Congresswoman Neumann, and also bring down Vought. I assume Vought will kick out Ashley and bring back Mr. Edgar since she's been so disastrous for the company, and they'll overrule Homelander. I doubt he'll go ahead with his promise to destroy Des Moines now that Annie has exposed him since he's still so needy for public approval, though I bet he'll sneak out and kill her mother to pay her back.

by Anonymousreply 332June 24, 2022 3:28 PM

They were hyping THAT to the heavens? That orgy was so ... dull. I kept expecting something crazy to happen, but it never did. Just people having sex in the distant background. Soooooo many fake titties.

The fight scene was a good start, though. The "Imagine" parody was maximum cringe. Was it really even a parody or just a recreation?

Erin Moriarty's extremely smooth face is getting more distracting. She doesn't have a single line or wrinkle, and her skin tone doesn't look real.

This season has been a little lackluster. Not bad, just not as good as the show seems to think it is.

by Anonymousreply 333June 24, 2022 3:36 PM

Despite being a size queen, that Russian plastic man penis was vomit inducing.

[Quote] damn I will have to re-read that. I only remember soldier boy getting fucked by Homelander to get in the seven.

Now that is a scene I’d lay to watch! Both are so hot.

by Anonymousreply 334June 24, 2022 4:09 PM

They really weren't "hyping that to the heavens."

by Anonymousreply 335June 24, 2022 5:04 PM

Don't know why people are disappointed. There were bare tits and asses as advertised and that should be enough for the audience. It was just to show the supes' level of debauchery. But shouldn't Solider Boy be more of a lech since he started Herogasm?

by Anonymousreply 336June 24, 2022 8:43 PM

They should have had the Deep half naked on a bed pumping into a larger octopus with tentacles going into his orifices. Now that might interest the DL'ers more

by Anonymousreply 337June 24, 2022 8:45 PM

Ewwww.

No thanks, r337.

by Anonymousreply 338June 24, 2022 11:26 PM

[quote] damn I will have to re-read that. I only remember soldier boy getting fucked by Homelander to get in the seven.

What issue is this? I want to read the gay sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 339June 24, 2022 11:27 PM

They don;t have the sex scenes in it--only afterglow moments, with no nudity. it's in the "Herogasm" miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 340June 24, 2022 11:31 PM

Do we even know the gender of the octopus that The Deep was fucking?

by Anonymousreply 341June 24, 2022 11:34 PM

[quote]They don;t have the sex scenes in it--only afterglow moments, with no nudity. it's in the "Herogasm" miniseries.

Above people mentioned some male on male rape. what kind of afterglow is there?

by Anonymousreply 342June 24, 2022 11:51 PM

Definitely overhyped but I lay the blame on fans who have built it up in their heads that this would be extreme. I found the first episode with the Termite exploding that man more shocking than Herogasm. Also, RIP Termite.

I can do without seeing Hughie naked but I love seeing Frenchie's and The Deep's ass. And enough talk about Frenchie being a freak - show us! I want to see him getting pegged.

Glad that Hughie got his apology from A Train even though A Train came at it from a selfish place.

Loved the battle between Soldier Boy, Hughie and Butcher versus Homelander. Seeing a bruised Homelander was really gratifying.

by Anonymousreply 343June 24, 2022 11:52 PM

That was it???

by Anonymousreply 344June 25, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote] her pupils always look dilated to the max like she just came from the eye doctor all the time

I've started to think that really is CGI and a deliberate character effect since her eyes are tied to her power somehow. They almost look like she's wearing contacts.

by Anonymousreply 345June 25, 2022 4:22 AM

[quote] Above people mentioned some male on male rape. what kind of afterglow is there?

They were wrong: Homelander does not rape Soldier Boy. The end.

Further questions? Then you will have to get the comics in question and see for yourself. No more questions now until you have done so.

Shhh!

by Anonymousreply 346June 25, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]Don't know why people are disappointed.

Because they hyped it to hell and back starting last summer. The fans of the comic also did the same thing.

The problem is: the original Herogasm couldn't be done the same way here. Even barring the sex and the sexual assaults which Amazon would have put a limit on, the characters are different. The situations are different. The actors, won't whip their dicks out. The only way they got the actors to all do rear nudity was by making sure everyone got a turn this year as Jensen mentioned he found out going in.

So they gave the fans the Homelander vs Butcher/Hughie/Soldier Boy fight, the Frenchie/Kimiko fight and the Starlight exposing Homelander moment and at least the people on reddit are satisfied because the episode advanced the plot in a major way.

Letting plotlines come to a head to distract from the fact that Herogasm was a few scenes with extras walking around with a dick or two out seemed to work out for them.

Personally, I liked the episode because a lot happened.

by Anonymousreply 347June 25, 2022 5:15 AM

R332 There's TWO more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 348June 25, 2022 5:36 AM

Yeah, it was way over-hyped. Really very little in that was shocking at all. They should have cut the hype by at least half, because the hype totally did not match the reality. I agree with the poster above who said the season opener was far more shocking than anything in that boring "orgy".

by Anonymousreply 349June 25, 2022 6:37 PM

There were some outrageous bits in the orgy but none if it was actually sexual. I think the lame background sex undercut the snake penis, pussy juice, octoblow and cum drench. Also, other than the deep, none of the main characters was participating.

by Anonymousreply 350June 25, 2022 6:56 PM

The orgy was absolutely timid. They should have skipped it if this was all they were going to do. And I'll repeat that if you compare the Stormfront fight from the end of last season to the past episode's confrontation with Homelander, they're nearly identical. Shockingly lazy. This was an inflection point for the show.

by Anonymousreply 351June 25, 2022 6:59 PM

[quote] And I'll repeat that if you compare the Stormfront fight from the end of last season to the past episode's confrontation with Homelander, they're nearly identical.

Why repeat it? Did you think we did not hear you the first time?

Are you neurodivergent and so given to "looping"?

by Anonymousreply 352June 25, 2022 7:10 PM

I actually preferred last season’s fight between Kimiko, Starlight and Maeve v. Stormfront.

The only good thing about this last episode was Antony Starr’s performance, from beginning to end. He deserves an Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 353June 25, 2022 7:12 PM

Someone praised it as "legendary" upthread, r352. Make sure to do your memory exercises everyday, elder one. You're slipping.

by Anonymousreply 354June 25, 2022 7:12 PM

There are 2 more eps to go.

by Anonymousreply 355June 25, 2022 7:13 PM

The MAGAs have realized the jokes are on them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 25, 2022 7:18 PM

that was it???

by Anonymousreply 357June 25, 2022 7:24 PM

I guess it's hard to shock the uberwhores on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 358June 25, 2022 7:32 PM

I wasn't aware of any "hype" and I liked the episode just fine. One of the season's best, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 359June 25, 2022 8:22 PM

Hasn't A-Train already had a heart attack? If he's still alive I'm worried they're going to beat that plot device into the ground. I thought it was grimly fitting that he killed the racist Blue Hawk by dragging him across the asphalt for several miles, since that was traditionally a way African-Americans were lynched before the Civil rights Act was passed.

I don't get what the complaints about Herogasm were. I think people who heard about it but hadn't read the comics thought it was going to be very hot; but it wasn't hot in the comics, it was just sort of disgustingly imaginative. The only thing that might have been hot about it in the comics was that Homelander repeatedly persuaded Soldier Boy to bottom for him and also convinced him that to do so was not gay because they were both so manly. But they didn't show anything explicit between them in the comics--just the two of them dressing in their costumes and talking after they had fucked.

I honestly don't think the point of this show when they depict supes using their powers during sex is to be hot or titillating; rather, they want to show that if people had superpowers they would use their powers selfishly for gratification rather than altruistically. This isn't supposed to be porn, but many Dataloungers want everything to be porn.

by Anonymousreply 360June 25, 2022 9:43 PM

They promised more than they delivered.

by Anonymousreply 361June 25, 2022 9:45 PM

Just watched the episode and loved it. I thought herogasm was fun and just played for laughs. I'm not disappointed or wowed by it, it was another thing that happened in the episode. But I will point out that Chace's ass is really nice, and I'm not an ass guy. Great fights, higher stakes, and I'm curious where this is all leading to. Especially after what Starlight just did and the fact that Victoria knows that Hughie knows. Another great episode in a really good season. No complaints here.

by Anonymousreply 362June 25, 2022 11:40 PM

So was the suggestion that even with the temporary V, Butcher and Hughie were still not as strong as Homelander? I'm confused how the powers work.

Also, sometimes it seems like Butcher and Homelander fire heat beams from their eyes (like Superman), and sometimes it seems they fire force beams from their eyes (like Cyclops of the X-Men).

by Anonymousreply 363June 26, 2022 12:25 AM

Herogasm was portrayed the same as in the comics. Kind of funny and disgusting and disturbing. I remember the poor prostitutes being abused was part of it.

by Anonymousreply 364June 26, 2022 1:01 AM

Well, I certainly like Jack Quaid’s body more then his face.

by Anonymousreply 365June 26, 2022 1:31 AM

One line from the comics did make it into the Herogasm episode—-“Cum on my hump!”

by Anonymousreply 366June 26, 2022 2:47 PM

I thought the best part of the episode was Starlight's speech at the end. That's a game changer. I also thought what A-Train did to Derek 'Bluehawk' Chauvin was another highlight even though I hope A-Train is dead.

I'm afraid they're headed towards making Soldier Boy the villain and Homelander the "hero" that takes him out. I want Homelander to be dealt a great set back before the season's over. That fight was anticlimactic. It would've been better if Homelander had gotten beaten much worse than he did. The Herogasm scenes was meh. Much better in the book.

Also, if they're going to have a character with a elongated penis, WHY did it have to be uncut? DISGUSTING!

by Anonymousreply 367June 26, 2022 7:52 PM

Bluehawk was played by Nick Wechsler, the original Kyle Valenti from the old Roswell tv show!

by Anonymousreply 368June 26, 2022 8:35 PM

One thing that's been interesting to me is how many uglier actors they've had playing supes this season.

The TNT Twins and also Blue Hawk were pretty homely. The Termite had a very nice body, but he was ordinary-looking otherwise and on the shorter side.

by Anonymousreply 369June 26, 2022 8:46 PM

Nick Wechsler, who plays Blue Hawk, is quite attractive and far from "homely."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 26, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote] Probably the only way he could take Maeve. She is supposed to be as strong as homelander and just as durable.

The series has made it completely unclear. In the very first episode she eviscerated an armored vehicle with her body without a scratch. Shouldn't she be impervious to Homelander's laser eyes? And shouldn't she have been able to flatten Stormfront by herself?

by Anonymousreply 371June 26, 2022 10:35 PM

[quote]Also, if they're going to have a character with a elongated penis, WHY did it have to be uncut? DISGUSTING!

Maybe because 70-80+% of the world's male population is uncut and he was not American?

And I actually prefer uncut, but that guy's penis was pretty disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 372June 27, 2022 1:01 AM

Antony Starr was Emmy worthy in this episode. He went from rage to confusion to self loathing to sad back to narcissistic psycho in a single scene. I think it would suck if they make Homelander the one who kills “evil” Soldier Boy and all is forgotten from everyone who knows what a horrid, murdering piece of shit he is. But what about Deep? His weirdo wife is up to shit and I am NOT digging it. I can’t believe she knew how sad Deep was when Homelander brings in fish for lunch and his favorite buddy for Deep to eat. I was distressed at it. And was hoping Homelander stopped it last second in some tinge of emotion but then turned to Deeps freak wife and tosses the bitch out the window for forcing Deep to be an ass kisser with zero balls. Deep seems to be annoyed by her so hopefully there’s an epic Deep goes off the Deep end scene where he lets her “swim with the fishes”. Poetic Justice. Starlight’s fake lips are so badly done, you see the outline where the shit was injected. Her face looks like it’s perpetually in an Instagram filter. Hughies face is FUG but his actings great so I’ll not comment. Maeve’s being neutered, maybe they’re doing the Kennedy on her (lobotomy) Which sucks since I love how bad ass she is when she speaks to Homelander. He hates that she hates him. Fuck A Train. He doesn’t give a fuck about blacks or whites or anyone but himself. He let that new guy (the starlight ex who had the boy band, sorry his names so forgettable) get murdered by Homelander for brownie points. I hope he gets paralyzed like his brother. Sad for the brother who was clearly decent. Did like him dragging the kkk cop supe to his death. Herogasm: Way overhyped. Not the orgy I expected. Was hoping someone blew Soldier Boy just cause he was there. Homelander in an orgy and no one’s F***ing him? Weird episode to hype.

by Anonymousreply 373June 27, 2022 1:12 PM

The return key is your friend, r373.

Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 374June 27, 2022 1:59 PM

Antony Starr is both a horrible actor and unattractive. They can't get rid of Homelander fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 375June 27, 2022 3:26 PM

I think he's horrible too. No nuance whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 376June 27, 2022 8:08 PM

I wrote above that I'd like Homelander better if he was more attractive, so I decided to Google Starr. He is better looking with his natural hair color, still not my type, but still better looking. Not sure why they went with blond.

by Anonymousreply 377June 27, 2022 8:15 PM

He’s a perfect man-baby to me. Although, how is a person born without a lower lip. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 378June 27, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote] Nick Wechsler, who plays Blue Hawk, is quite attractive and far from "homely."

He's got a nice body in that photo, I'll grant you that.

But if you like that face, then you go for it... he's all yours.

"Eye of the beholder," and all that.

by Anonymousreply 379June 27, 2022 8:16 PM

For those who think Antony Starr is not attractive, let alone "hot," it would be interesting to see what you DO consider to be hot.

by Anonymousreply 380June 27, 2022 8:30 PM

[quote]Nick Wechsler, who plays Blue Hawk, is quite attractive and far from "homely."

Fuck, they really "de-hotted" Nick as Blue Hawk!!! He's fucking sexy in that pic. I had no idea he would look like that out of his costume. Or is that an old picture?

by Anonymousreply 381June 27, 2022 8:31 PM

Pretty sure Nick Wechsler is gay. He likes a lot of gay stuff on Twitter. We’ve discussed him before, although he’s short, so he not discussed often.

by Anonymousreply 382June 27, 2022 8:38 PM

[quote] Or is that an old picture?

I think that was from a photoshoot in either 2015 or 2016, so five or six years ago.

Facially, he looks like a mix between Simon Rex and Justin Chambers.

by Anonymousreply 383June 27, 2022 8:40 PM

r380, here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 27, 2022 8:41 PM

Yeah i'm googling his pics now. his face does look like Blue Hawk (though the helmet wasn't helping) but his body is still hot and overall way hotter than his Blue Hawk look.

by Anonymousreply 385June 27, 2022 8:42 PM

Oh r380, here's another one. I have jerked off thinking about both Topher and Laz and NEVER about Anthony. To each their own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 27, 2022 8:43 PM

R384 is that Frenchi AKA Tomer Capone ? I think both are hot, but I'd much rather have sex with Antony.

by Anonymousreply 387June 27, 2022 8:44 PM

Laz Alonso has always been sexy as fuck. He looks as gorgeous as he did back during his BET VJ-ing days.

He's nearly 50, no kids, no wife, no girlfriend. Things that make you go hmm...

I think Antony is sexy because you can tell he's an intense person and can probably give a good, mean fuck in bed.

by Anonymousreply 388June 27, 2022 8:48 PM

Yes it is r384. Again, to each their own but if given the chance, I would have sex with Tomer Capone or Laz Alonso in a New York minute. Antony Starr does NOTHING for me.

by Anonymousreply 389June 27, 2022 8:50 PM

[quote]Antony Starr does NOTHING for me.

Dunno, he does SOMETHING for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 27, 2022 9:47 PM

Antony Starr is very attractive and I’d gladly have sex with him but he doesn’t look like a superhero. He is basically supposed to be the Superman or Captain America of this show but he doesn’t look super otherworldly handsome like them.

by Anonymousreply 391June 27, 2022 11:30 PM

R198 What? Others are mass killers but the Deep is sooo unredeemable Eva use of a bit of oral?

by Anonymousreply 392June 28, 2022 12:13 AM

^ …because of a bit of oral?

by Anonymousreply 393June 28, 2022 12:14 AM

R202 You are insane. At least the Deep hasn’t killed anyone or even manipulated anyone like uber asshole and psychopath Butcher….

by Anonymousreply 394June 28, 2022 12:18 AM

MARY ^

It’s a TV show

by Anonymousreply 395June 28, 2022 12:37 AM

The Deep is there to be the gallows humor comic relief whipping boy. It ain't that, shall we say, deep.

by Anonymousreply 396June 28, 2022 12:45 AM

Antony Starr would be much more handsome if he got his pronounced underbite fixed. He looks much better with facial hair because it disguises his pronounced jaw, which he has the unfortunate acting tic habit of jutting out even more when he's trying to emote.

by Anonymousreply 397June 28, 2022 12:47 AM

R380, Chace Crawford is far more attractive than Starr just as an example from the show. The guy who played the new supe who was friends with Starlight and already got killed by Homelander was also much more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 398June 28, 2022 1:33 AM

[quote][R380], Chace Crawford is far more attractive than Starr just as an example from the show. The guy who played the new supe who was friends with Starlight and already got killed by Homelander was also much more attractive.

Chace really does look hot in this. His arms are insane!!! And his hair and stubble is so much sexier and more masculine vs. his Gossip Girl days.

I did find the Supersonic guy to be hot though some angles his face looked a little weird. Would've love to see his body.

I just find Homelander really really sexy, and his attitude is kind of a turn on as well (I guess that says something about me haha!)

I also think Jensen Ackles has an almost perfect face (though it's been obscured on this show by the beard).

A

by Anonymousreply 399June 28, 2022 1:36 AM

Herogasm was a huge let down. The showrunners didn't do themselves any favors by promoting it so heavily. And Jensen Ackles is doing nothing but playing Dean Winchester in a green superhero outfit. I swear, the voice, the diction, the cadence--they're all the same as Dean's.

by Anonymousreply 400June 28, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote]nd Jensen Ackles is doing nothing but playing Dean Winchester in a green superhero outfit. I swear, the voice, the diction, the cadence--they're all the same as Dean's.

True, But let's get him naked!!

Also, people have said his "Dean" voice is fake, but how do we know that? Is there video of him like DTM camping it up or something?

by Anonymousreply 401June 28, 2022 1:41 AM

I have yet to see where the showrunners were hyping "Herogasm" as some of you are claiming.

by Anonymousreply 402June 28, 2022 1:43 AM

R401 See clips of his Eric Brady days back when he was closer to a twink.

by Anonymousreply 403June 28, 2022 1:43 AM

R402 The showrunners did some press for it and the fandom sort of hyped it up among themselves. No wonder they were let down.

by Anonymousreply 404June 28, 2022 1:45 AM

For r402.

Not the showrunners, but then again it's usually the on-screen talent that's usually responsible for the junkets and the teases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405June 28, 2022 1:47 AM

Okay, here's an actual one from the showrunner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 28, 2022 1:48 AM

Ackles can give you frat boy and angry frat boy. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 407June 28, 2022 1:52 AM

He could pull off more than that in Supernatural, R407.

by Anonymousreply 408June 28, 2022 1:54 AM

What's funny about the dailies quote at R406 is that most of the "action" was CG so would have been done in post. Unless a few titties are "crazy" to Kripke? FLOP episode.

by Anonymousreply 409June 28, 2022 2:13 AM

They attempted Herogasim in the first season, there was a club where supes and normals could play. the Mr Famtastic like guy was getting blown while he made out with another guy, a tiny super hero would leap into a woman's vagina etc....Fans just assumed that was there take on herogasim. In the comics they go to thier own private island and just do whatever with whom ever but it is mosty all supe on supe action. That is where Homelander fucks Soldier boy as an entrance to the seven. He does it every year and tells him he did not pass. In the comics soldier boy is a dumbass. Stormfront was a big dude like Shazam but a nazi.

by Anonymousreply 410June 28, 2022 2:23 AM

R407 Can he gives us dead frat boy?

by Anonymousreply 411June 28, 2022 3:48 AM

Antony Starr would be hotter if he had lips. But he definitely shouldn’t go to the plastic surgeon responsible for Erin Moriarty’s new look!

by Anonymousreply 412June 28, 2022 8:02 AM

The problem with the hype surrounding Herogasm is that the average viewer of The Boys was raised on Internet porn and violent video games. There has never been, and never will be a TV show that can be truly shocking in terms of graphic content. That’s why shows looking to be shocking need to stick to unexpected plot twists.

by Anonymousreply 413June 28, 2022 8:12 AM

Antony Starr is pretty hot in ‘Banshee’.

by Anonymousreply 414June 28, 2022 9:44 AM

How do you top a guy exploding in another guy’s penis? They set the bar too high for shocking.

by Anonymousreply 415June 28, 2022 10:02 AM

I think Starr is hot AF. I do agree with the poster above who said he looks better with darker hair, though. He also wears glasses so he looks a lot different out of the Homelander costume.

Crawford is beautiful. I'd never watched anything with him in it until this. I'm impressed with how well he does comedy for such a pretty creature.

by Anonymousreply 416June 28, 2022 10:13 AM

They really wrote this role for Crawford. The deep in the comics was a black guy in a deep sea diving suit. He ever really was an aquaman type.

by Anonymousreply 417June 28, 2022 1:44 PM

I love Deep. He’s funny and dumb and hot AF. He’s yet to murder anyone so let’s hope he really lets loose on that cult cunt wife of his. I wish he’d find a mermaid to fuck around with. Antony is amazing as nasty Homelander BUT he should be taller than the other Supes to show why he’s the top supe. Also fix the F***ing mouth. It’s freaky like one side is marbles and no lips. I hate underbites. His steely blue eyes when he’s sarcastic and pissed off is perfect for the role. He just needs height and a new mouth. Starlight’s most plastic than the dildos lined up at Herogasm. Which was a HYPED UP LET DOWN! Im hoping there’s an uncut version to back up the PR machines version of it.

by Anonymousreply 418June 28, 2022 2:17 PM

Can we get a wellness check on the underbite troll who’s all over this thread?

by Anonymousreply 419June 28, 2022 3:49 PM

His underbite isn't even that bad. Hardly the Sling Blade underbite that the poster is making it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 420June 28, 2022 3:56 PM

Starr defaults to crazy eyes really easily, and the fact that he's a violent drunk further diminishes his appeal. Perfect for the role, though.

by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2022 4:14 PM

Christ, you have one unfortunate escapade in Spain and suddenly you’re labeled a violent drunk.

by Anonymousreply 422June 28, 2022 4:36 PM

I sat at a table next to Crawford at a restaurant back in his CW days once. He’s TINY. You could put him in your pocket.

by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2022 6:12 PM

Gladly r423.

by Anonymousreply 424June 28, 2022 6:14 PM

LOL I'm one of the at least 3 different posters on this thread commenting on his underbite. It's not usually that bad at all, especially when he smiles, but he does jut out his chin in dramatic scenes and that makes it look much worse than it is. He's cute when he smiles for real.

by Anonymousreply 425June 29, 2022 12:46 AM

R423, interesting. It’s been said that attractive actors are just really skinny people with big, pretty heads. I’m sure he’s bulked up for this role, but likely just focusing on arms, as everything else can be padded in his costume.

by Anonymousreply 426June 29, 2022 1:10 AM

"OK , it's not an 'it,' it's a 'her,' ...get your pronouns right."

"...I've given up a YEAR of my life for you! I gave up my tenure at Vassar!"

by Anonymousreply 427July 1, 2022 3:17 AM

I forget! How does Paul Reiser fit into this story? And why does he only seem to be playing Paul Reiser in every role, had did he ever have a career in the first place? He makes Seinfeld looking like a nuanced and perceptive performer?

by Anonymousreply 428July 1, 2022 3:27 AM

Paul Reiser is from Soldier Boy's generation of superheroes, like Crimson Countess and Gunpowder.

by Anonymousreply 429July 1, 2022 3:29 AM

Reiser has not aged terribly well

by Anonymousreply 430July 1, 2022 3:47 AM

R428, Reiser's character was in charge of superhero relations like Elisabeth Shue's character in the first season and Ashley after her.

by Anonymousreply 431July 1, 2022 3:49 AM

I think he's supposed to be more of a Hollywood agent/producer type, producing all the movies for Vaught. He's whole thing is name dropping celebs.

he's very open sexually, he said he was fucked balls deep by Brando I think.

by Anonymousreply 432July 1, 2022 4:01 AM

R432, are you making things up? He partied with the supes because he managed them. It was said in the show.

by Anonymousreply 433July 1, 2022 4:07 AM

Yes, and in the show he never stops name dropping celebs including talking about an orgy where he was "balls deep" in some women and Brando (or someone else famous) was "balls deep" in him.

by Anonymousreply 434July 1, 2022 4:11 AM

He's a Stan Lee stand-in.

by Anonymousreply 435July 1, 2022 4:47 AM

OMG, that A-Train twist was so fucked-up!

by Anonymousreply 436July 1, 2022 4:55 AM

"Hey! If you're gonna act hysterical, I'm gonna slap you like Connery." Best line of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 437July 1, 2022 7:24 AM

Well, I guess now we know the reason why Homelander did not fuck Soldier Boy in this show.

by Anonymousreply 438July 1, 2022 7:37 AM

Well, that’s a Star Wars twist for Ya! But is it true?

by Anonymousreply 439July 1, 2022 10:54 AM

R438, yet.

by Anonymousreply 440July 1, 2022 11:43 AM

[quote]I’m sure he’s bulked up for this role, but likely just focusing on arms, as everything else can be padded in his costume.

We've also seen he's got a great butt.

by Anonymousreply 441July 1, 2022 2:29 PM

I wonder if Jensen Ackles even tried to see if he could make his voice sound less like a frat boy. It's clear he's incapable of any other voice.

I didn't recognize Maeve at first in civilian clothes.

The pronouns joke with the octopus was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 442July 1, 2022 3:55 PM

It was reported that Jensen Ackles had an issue with a certain scene and didn't want to do it. I wonder what scene that was.

by Anonymousreply 443July 1, 2022 3:57 PM

If you read the whole thread, r443, you'll see many people have speculated it had to do with Soldier Boy molesting Gunpowder when he was a minor, which we've heard did happen.

by Anonymousreply 444July 1, 2022 4:00 PM

That plot twist at the end of this episode was something you'd expect from a daytime soap.

Then again, most television shows, even the most celebrated, owe something to soaps, so I guess I can't judge this episode too harshly.

by Anonymousreply 445July 1, 2022 5:30 PM

R444

That never happened though, the character of gunpowder said it was never a sexual abuse it was a physical abuse

by Anonymousreply 446July 1, 2022 5:40 PM

It's been noted by many people elsewhere that Gunpowder delivered that denial rather over-vehemently and cagily, which is what you would expect of an adult man who's been lying about having been groomed and molested by a superhero his entire life, especially when being questioned by Butcher like that. I don't think it's impossible that it's true and he was just lying about it to Butcher. We've already had a couple of rapist supes; what's one more?

by Anonymousreply 447July 1, 2022 5:51 PM

Did gunpowder have any powers?

by Anonymousreply 448July 1, 2022 6:11 PM

Yes, he was basically Deadshot.

by Anonymousreply 449July 1, 2022 6:12 PM

I was surprised that was Sean Patrick Flannery playing him

by Anonymousreply 450July 1, 2022 6:26 PM

Soldier Boy's sexuality has so far been presented as into women his own age (Crimson Countess) and whatever the hell was going on with the cleaning ladies in this past episode. Doesn't preclude an interest in minors but I don't think they're going there with him. He's plenty bad without adding pedo to the list.

by Anonymousreply 451July 1, 2022 8:02 PM

we need more lube!

by Anonymousreply 452July 1, 2022 8:12 PM

The show the animated animals put up for Black Noir makes it pretty clear that Soldier Boy was a brutal and violent bully with toxic masculinity issues. I think they would've included pedophilia and / or rape if that was part of Soldier Boy's backstory.

Soldier Boy solves conflicts with his fists, and he punches anyone who stands up to him (like Hughie, twice in the recent episode).

by Anonymousreply 453July 1, 2022 8:23 PM

The scene with the priest and the nun was sort of funny with Soldier Boy being right after all.

by Anonymousreply 454July 1, 2022 8:24 PM

SPOILER

So, Butcher and Hughie are fucked, now that Homelander is the Darth Vader to Homelander's Luke? Bad analogy, I know.

by Anonymousreply 455July 1, 2022 8:35 PM

Anyone else think that this was another kind of crap episode? Pacing seems off...I'm not sure if there are too many characters being followed or just that it all seems kind of slow.

by Anonymousreply 456July 1, 2022 8:50 PM

R456, I enjoyed it overall, but I think 8 episodes is just too short for all the storylines they're tackling this season.

by Anonymousreply 457July 1, 2022 9:18 PM

R456 Totally, the first half of this episode was a snooze…..yet it got rated 9.1 on IMDB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 1, 2022 10:33 PM

R452 But was the specifics of Astroglide product placement?

by Anonymousreply 459July 1, 2022 10:50 PM

R445 Comic books and Soaps are to serialised entertainment as R&B and Country are to Rock & Roll.

To see the purest combination of comics and soaps, watch the WWE.

by Anonymousreply 460July 2, 2022 12:20 AM

Are you kidding? I thought it was one of the best episodes of the season. I loved all the backstory/flashback stuff (both Bucher and Noir), which really fleshed out both characters, and which both packed a heavy punch. The story moved forward on every front at a nice pace without feeling rushed, and the reveals and revelations are exactly the kind of things a show like this needs to keep you off balance and to keep things from being predictable.

I easily liked this episode way more than the Herogasm episode.

by Anonymousreply 461July 2, 2022 2:06 AM

The only way to continue the series is to have Homelander somehow forget who he is , he becomes merited and gentle and a pussy. Then some brutual country regime decides to have their own Supes take on the world creating famine and raping and blowing up shit so The Boys and the Supes have to get together to fight these (Russian? North Korean? Muslim Extremists?) Suped Up Psycho Supes. They need to somehow find a way to get Homelander his powers back much to the chagrin of Butcher & co. Thoughts ? We were debating this after the let down HEROGASM episode.

by Anonymousreply 462July 2, 2022 2:18 AM

I want Jensen Ackles to wreck my asshole.

by Anonymousreply 463July 2, 2022 2:31 AM

Jensen is so hot but he purses his lips a lot while acting. A friend pointed it out to me and now I can't unsee how much he does it.

by Anonymousreply 464July 2, 2022 2:58 AM

I didn't notice it so much before following this DL thread but the combination of Erin's plastic surgery plus whatever Snapchat-like filter they're smearing across her face is very distracting

by Anonymousreply 465July 2, 2022 3:09 AM

Erin's face is smooth to the point of looking flat-out weird. In some of the angles in the scene with her talking to Kimiko, she looked like an alien.

Based on the cartoon reenactment for Black Noir, I'm thinking he's the one who stops Solider Boy in the end.

Kimiko didn't use up all of the Compound V to get her powers back, which could mean someone uses the rest to get powers permanently. Either Butcher or Hughie seems the most likely.

by Anonymousreply 466July 2, 2022 3:26 AM

I think it may be Serge, R466.

by Anonymousreply 467July 2, 2022 4:03 AM

I thought Serge would use the V on himself to spare Kimiko the burden, but he still injected her, as it was her wish.

by Anonymousreply 468July 2, 2022 6:08 AM

Serge and Kimiko are the couple I'm rooting for the most, even though I find Serge's "mon coeur" love talk a bit silly.

by Anonymousreply 469July 2, 2022 6:10 AM

r469, Serge can do all the love talk while he’s riding my cock.

by Anonymousreply 470July 2, 2022 6:22 AM

Black Noir Soldier Boy Homelander All horrible supes. The writers need to not make one the hero and all is forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 471July 2, 2022 11:45 AM

Didn't Kimiko just completely "friendzone" Serge with that "You're my family" conversation, after saying how weird it was to kiss him? It was a very sweet scene, but I wonder how Serge is going to deal with that going forward.

by Anonymousreply 472July 2, 2022 2:49 PM

I got that too, R473

by Anonymousreply 473July 2, 2022 3:29 PM

I thought that was a limitation of expressing nuance in their sign language, not that she didn’t want to be with him.

by Anonymousreply 474July 2, 2022 8:55 PM

It's possible she meant "I love you", R474 (if that what's you meant), but I interpreted her meaning as, "I love you like a brother," which is also very different (I think in this case at least) from saying "let's just be friends and try to find true love with other people", which would suggest an eventual separation. Kimiko missed out on having a happy existence with her real brother and family, so I'm sure she'd want to continue to be a part of Serge's life if she thinks of him as her family now, even if they never hook up. Maybe Serge will wind up back in a romantic/sexual relationship with Cherie (if she survives Little Nina and doesn't just plain OD); she's more his speed. They can live happily ever after with "sister" Kimiko living nearby and looking out for them as needed. Or they can hook up anyway, heh.

by Anonymousreply 475July 2, 2022 9:16 PM

I really like the actress who plays Kimiko--it is amazing to me how expressive she manages to be without her voice. (It's weird this is a TV show where two major characters are voiceless even though they can both hear.)

by Anonymousreply 476July 2, 2022 9:33 PM

R476 She is the finest actress of her generation, proving you don’t need a voice to ACT…

by Anonymousreply 477July 2, 2022 11:48 PM

R472, remember that Frenchie was the one who acted all weirded out when Kimiko kissed him in the hospital. I think he loves her, but he's not [italic]in love[/italic] with her, or even seeing her as a romantic prospect.

by Anonymousreply 478July 3, 2022 1:56 AM

Serge hasn't had this sort of romantic relationship, perhaps, and so the kiss was weird for that reason? I am hoping that Kimiko/Serge can be romantically paired....I like them together.

by Anonymousreply 479July 3, 2022 2:15 AM

R478, that's right! I thought he was weirded out because he had received a text from Little Nina, but I just rewatched that episode and that wasn't the case, he got a call (ringer on vibrate) from LN just prior to the dance number. Kimiko did appear to enjoy the (rather long) kiss, and Serge...had to go for coffee! Of course, he had kissed her before back in season 1, and her reaction had been rather hostile. It's definitely a complicated relationship, in any case.

by Anonymousreply 480July 3, 2022 2:16 AM

New interview with Tomer Capone and Eric Krioke. Frenchie and Kimiko are platonic soulmates.

They’re soulmates in, like, the purest sense of the word. So to us as the writers, we might be running contrary to what the viewers want, but the writers always feel like it’s weird to us. We felt like, OK, we have to have the kiss so we can have the characters try it and then decide that it’s still weird to them. So we had to do it, but it felt weird to the writers, too. Like when we have them kiss, to me, that’s like two siblings kissing or it’s like a gray area, I guess.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481July 3, 2022 4:59 AM

In the comic book series, Frenchie and Kimiko are true platonic soulmates. There's never a hint of romance.

by Anonymousreply 482July 3, 2022 5:30 AM

I had just assumed until this last episode they were lovers.

by Anonymousreply 483July 3, 2022 5:39 AM

I wish Butcher were more enjoyable as a character. I always want him to get killed off since he's so unpleasant.

I wish Erin Moriarty were a stronger actress, since so much has depended on her this season. She's not really a bad actress, and she has the right look, but she just isn't a strong [italic]enough[/italic] actress to do just justice to the character's changes and complexities. By comparison, both the actresses who play maeve and Kimiko are much more interesting and nuanced.

by Anonymousreply 484July 3, 2022 5:45 AM

Soldier Boy needs his own show.

by Anonymousreply 485July 3, 2022 6:06 AM

Soldier Boy is fantastic. Yes, his voice is kind of goofy over the top hypermasculine but the character is a coiled wild-eyed menace.

by Anonymousreply 486July 3, 2022 6:26 AM

I can tell that the show writers for The Boys true inspiration for Solider Boy was Watchmen's the Comedian. Even that scene where he beats the shit out of Black Noir feels similar to the scene of the Comedian attempting to rape Silk Spectre. And like the Comedian, Solider Boy was expelled from the team (well, in Solider Boy's case, he was betrayed and given to the Russians) because they had enough of his power-mad bullshit.

The Boys TV series feels more like what HBO's Watchmen should've been.

by Anonymousreply 487July 3, 2022 6:36 AM

HBO's Watchmen series was absolutely perfect as it was. WAY better than "The Boys".

by Anonymousreply 488July 3, 2022 6:48 AM

HBO's Watchmen was far from perfect. It was pretty disrespectful to what Alan Moore envisioned, and none of the characters felt remotely similar to those in the source material, despite having some wonderful actors playing them (Jean Smart, Jeremy Irons, .etc).

There's a reason HBO's Watchmen didn't get a second season--it was a flop for HBO, and most Watchmen fans hated Damon Lindelof's reinterpretation. The Boys is a much better show and closer to Alan Moore's critiques on superheroes and pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 489July 3, 2022 6:59 AM

I want Jensen Ackles and Karl Urban to wreck my holes and nut on my ass and mouth.

by Anonymousreply 490July 3, 2022 7:04 AM

HBO's weird Watchmen sequel sucked.

by Anonymousreply 491July 3, 2022 7:06 AM

If R490 has a flaw, it’s that he’s TOO inhibited.

by Anonymousreply 492July 3, 2022 8:40 AM

This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything negative about Watchmen on HBO. Leave it to DL. The reason Watchmen didn't get a second season, because they wrote it as a limited one season series. When interviewed about a second season, the people behind bringing it back all said that they weren't sure what a second season would be.

by Anonymousreply 493July 3, 2022 1:21 PM

Yeah leave Watchmen as is. It was perfect

by Anonymousreply 494July 3, 2022 2:25 PM

Why wasn’t it called Watchwoman, wasn’t there a female lead?

by Anonymousreply 495July 3, 2022 2:55 PM

[quote] Yes, his voice is kind of goofy over the top hypermasculine

It's a California frat boy accent, the same one he used on "Supernatural" and on "Smallville."

It makes no sense for this character.

by Anonymousreply 496July 3, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote]This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything negative about Watchmen on HBO. Leave it to DL.

SACRILEGE! It's been forbidden to dislike that Tv show by the religious authorities.

by Anonymousreply 497July 3, 2022 2:59 PM

Soldier Boy was a California frat boy, is that from the source material?

by Anonymousreply 498July 3, 2022 3:07 PM

If he was indeed a frat boy, it would have been in the 1920s when that particular accent did not exist.

by Anonymousreply 499July 3, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote] This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything negative about Watchmen on HBO. Leave it to DL.

Then you haven't been around people who are fans of Alan Moore and the comic book because the majority of them hated the HBO series. The amount of video essays on YouTube trashing the HBO series alone proves how polarizing it was to fans who loved the comic. The guy in this video below spent almost three hours critiquing why it was a disaster, and his essay wasn't the only one.

I've found that most people who love the HBO show never read Alan Moore's work or the comic. And there's no way in hell HBO would've allowed it to run just one season if it was a hit. HBO would've road with the series until the wheels fell off. The whole "we weren't sure how to follow after season one" was just PR spin from Lindelof. The show was a ratings flop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 3, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote]The amount of video essays on YouTube trashing the HBO series alone proves how polarizing it was to fans who loved the comic.

Why? Because it didn't adhere to the "canon"?

by Anonymousreply 501July 3, 2022 8:51 PM

I read the books, which I consider to be an absolute classic, and love the HBO series for WHAT IT WAS. I’m wondering if the unspoken reason most fanboys didn’t love the series was because a black woman was in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 502July 3, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote] I’m wondering if the unspoken reason most fanboys didn’t love the series was because a black woman was in the lead.

I'm black, and that certainly wasn't why I disliked it. Sure, some fanboys were screaming about it being "woke, woke, woke," but there were others who, like myself, loved Regina King as Sister Night and thought Tim Blake Nelson was superb as Looking Glass. Regina King wasn't the issue--not for me, at least.

The main problem most people had was that the characters from the comic book series (Ozymandias, Doctor Manhattan, Laurie Juspeczyk) felt like completely new characters and their motivations in the present story made no sense. The last time we saw Laurie Juspeczyk in the comic book, she was done with Dr. Manhattan and decided to team up with Nite Owl, her new boyfriend, to fight crime under a new alias. Why was she obsessed with Dr. Manhattan, who she realized in the comics that a relationship with him was impossible, and why is she working with the government to capture supes as "vigilantes"? The show never explained her motives, from being a superhero, continuing the family tradition, to now hating them.

Politically, the show was an absolute mess. It focused on tackling race but had no concept or understanding of how it operates in America. Judd Crawford, played by Don Johnson, treated Regina King's character like his adopted daughter, but he's secretly a white supremacist leading the KKK? Like the guy in the video essay said, Lindelof is "more married to ideas and concepts as opposed to whether or not they make sense in the world he built."

by Anonymousreply 503July 3, 2022 9:55 PM

I read WATCHMEN when it first came out. I thought it was massively overrated then and I think it's massively overrated now. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming into watching the HBO show and I thought it was flat out brilliant.

THE BOYS is a lark. The TV show, that is; I've never read the books. I like it. It's basically a series of "holy shit" moments strung together in search of a coherent story. When it's fun, it's fun, but I wouldn't call it art.

by Anonymousreply 504July 3, 2022 10:04 PM

The person trying to make "California frat boy" happen needs to give it up. He sounds like a middle-class Texan trying to hide his drawl, which is exactly what he is.

by Anonymousreply 505July 3, 2022 10:08 PM

R505 is exactly right. I've noticed this with other Texans (Troy Baker, Matt Bomer, Michelle Forbes) trying to hide their drawl, so they put on a very muffled-like voice.

by Anonymousreply 506July 3, 2022 10:20 PM

The source comics are really childish and repellant, r504

by Anonymousreply 507July 3, 2022 10:24 PM

sorry r504 - just to be clear: THE BOYS - the original comics by Garth Enis - are childish and repellant.

On the other hand, Watchmen, by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, was a work of genius.

by Anonymousreply 508July 3, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote] THE BOYS - the original comics by Garth Enis - are childish and repellant.

I agree. Surprisingly, this is one of the rare cases where the adaptation is better than the source material.

by Anonymousreply 509July 3, 2022 10:44 PM

I'm confused - how does this world determine whose offspring gets Supe powers? Some Supes have Supe kids with a "normal" partner: Homelander has Ryan and Soldier Boy has Homelander (I'm presuming the mother of HL was normal), but other Supes end up having normal kids: Stormfront's daughter, Translucent's son and Victoria's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 510July 4, 2022 1:29 AM

I loved Laurie Holden as the Crimson Countess and actually wondered if it was Cate Blanchett at first.

by Anonymousreply 511July 4, 2022 3:25 AM

Vought used Soldier Boy's sperm to impregnate someone, Becca worked for Vought and gave birth to Ryan at Vought. I think Vought is making sure that Soldier Boy bloodline continues because they want a powerful supe of his level. I think they've manipulated it so that happens.

by Anonymousreply 512July 4, 2022 4:22 AM

R510, that's an example of why the storytelling in this show is so sloppy. A similar example is how the powers scale to the plot all the time. Is Starlight strong or just tough? Neither? Both? And on and on.

by Anonymousreply 513July 4, 2022 4:28 AM

If soldier boy really is Homelanders bio dad, how will this play out for The Boys? Will Homelander try to get all warm and fuzzy bonding with Soldier Boy but see how horrible he is and end up siding with The Boys for a brief moment to take him out? Or vice versa?

by Anonymousreply 514July 4, 2022 12:20 PM

I think it’s a manipulation/rouse. It’s clear Homelander is desperate for a father figure. The reason Soldier Boy being his dad seems plausible is because he WANTS to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 515July 4, 2022 1:49 PM

Well, somebody is that evil little reptile's biological parent and Soldier Boy would have been the right age for it. My question is, does that mean that Homelander was also born super-powered, like Ryan, and that's why he was studied and raised like a lab rat?

by Anonymousreply 516July 4, 2022 7:51 PM

Stormfront isn't HL's mom just because she would have referenced having had another kid beyond the daughter she had with the Nazi. Could the CIA chick who's frenemies with Butcher be the mom? She would be the right age and was deep in with Vought for ages. Would also mean that she's raising her grandson. I betcha that's where this is headed.

by Anonymousreply 517July 4, 2022 7:53 PM

Grace! R517 I think you're onto something. They've shown her butting heads too often with Soldier Boy in the past for it to be unconnected. They might have had an affair or Soldier Boy might have raped her the way Homelander raped Becky, which would explain why she's repulsed by them all and doesn't want anything to do with them (though that's been explained so far because of what Lamplighter did to her grandchildren which is horrific enough). That actress is pretty great, the one who plays her in present day.

by Anonymousreply 518July 4, 2022 7:56 PM

R518, I love that actress. I love how messy and shitty her character is, just like The Boys. She looks right through Butcher, which he needs.

by Anonymousreply 519July 4, 2022 8:00 PM

Oh, Grace is a good theory. And it’d mean she’s taking care of her grandson.

by Anonymousreply 520July 4, 2022 8:36 PM

What happens in the Herogasm episode, I've heard it's really violent and twisted?

by Anonymousreply 521July 4, 2022 10:38 PM

Racist white supremacists didn't like HBO's "Watchmen". Color me shocked.

It was brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 522July 5, 2022 1:24 AM

[quote]What happens in the Herogasm episode, I've heard it's really violent and twisted?

No more sick and twisted than any other episode just with more nudity.

by Anonymousreply 523July 5, 2022 1:27 AM

Whate ever soldier boy did it was bad enough that all of the payback group banded together to turn hin mover to the russians. I would assume Crimson caught him fucking the kid.. There was a scene Jensen refused to film, my assumption is that, him fucking an minor.

by Anonymousreply 524July 5, 2022 1:12 PM

R524, did you see the last episode? We were shown exactly why Payback got rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 525July 5, 2022 3:29 PM

I hope they bring back Cindy (adult V test patient from the Sage Grove center) soon, or, given that this season will be over the Friday, at least eventually. She'd add some much needed menace to the show, something that none of the current cast can really provide (even Soldier Boy, which is odd and disappointing). Teddy Stillwell is the only other character I can think of that has that truly disturbed/disturbing demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 526July 5, 2022 3:46 PM

Oops, that should have been Homelander, not SB, not being menacing. I think they're making his character way too sympathetic lately. Nothing against Antony Starr, he's been tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 527July 5, 2022 3:53 PM

Wasn't it a bit of a wild coincidence that there were notes left right there on the table next to the lab's storage unit stating how toxic/fatal Temp V use is? Maybe someone wanted to scare the Boys off from further use, and somehow I don't think it was Homelander--too subtle for him. I know Temp V's got some nasty ear-oozing aftereffects, but it still seems suspicious to me.

by Anonymousreply 528July 5, 2022 10:14 PM

R528, it's awful plotty writing but I guess it was needed because temp V was a crutch.

by Anonymousreply 529July 5, 2022 10:17 PM

Queen Maeve is the one who initially gave the Temp V to Butcher. Wouldn't she have also seen the notes, or failing that, at least have knowledge of whether test subjects had died from taking it? Finally, why would they keep a supply of Temp V in storage if it had already been declared lethal in 3-5 doses? Yeah, suspension of disbelief is a thing, but that's a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 530July 5, 2022 10:53 PM

They really went off on a tangent with their own Soldier Boy plot. It's just not all that engaging. The earlier seasons were better by sticking closer to the graphic novels.

by Anonymousreply 531July 6, 2022 6:53 AM

Did Herogasm feature any gayness?

by Anonymousreply 532July 6, 2022 11:45 AM

MM and Serge are heading to Russia for some Novichok (nerve agent) to incapacitate Soldier Boy. I wonder if they'll cross paths again with supe hamster Jamie? I found the superpowered animal angle rather intriguing. Imagine your cat on V.

by Anonymousreply 533July 6, 2022 1:53 PM

[quote] Imagine your cat on V.

Thank you, no. Samba is quite viciously superior just as she is.

by Anonymousreply 534July 6, 2022 2:10 PM

“Gargle on my ballsack” ok Jensen if you insist.

by Anonymousreply 535July 6, 2022 5:56 PM

My favorite quote from the entire series thus far. ROTFLMAO!!!

The Legend (about Soldier Boy's singing): He did to singing what pantyhose did to fingerfucking.

by Anonymousreply 536July 6, 2022 6:06 PM

Earlier in the season, Edgar and senator Singer were discussing using temp V for the military. I wonder if they were aware of the limited use (3-5 doses, then death) when Edgar was proposing giving it to soldiers. If yes, that's messed up unless they would stop at 3 doses per man. If no, Edgar has less morals than Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 537July 6, 2022 6:10 PM

FEWER Morals.

by Anonymousreply 538July 6, 2022 11:09 PM

I wonder if Vought was making a play at controlling the military by making the soldiers addicted to their product and then rather obey their dealer than their superiors? Or get rid of the military altogether by killing the soldiers (the drug being lethal when taken several times)? Getting rid of the competition and Vaught's supes being the only alternative to save everybody? That would be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 539July 6, 2022 11:15 PM

R539, Queen Maeve told Butcher in the first episode of the season that Temp V was "still in R&D", so I guess we can assume they're still working on it. I still don't buy that "dire notes accidentally left out in the lab" thing , with the word "lethal" underlined in two places. There's a closeup shot of the notepad in that scene displaying at least two spelling errors ("vegitative" and "siezures"), which is pretty sloppy for a scientist working on a $2M per dose pharmaceutical product. I think it's BS, as I mentioned in an earlier post. And now I think maybe it WAS Homelander behind it; he has the most to lose from Butcher's and Hughie's continued use of Temp V, and probably figured out (or was told--by his new "partner" Victoria Neuman?) that Starlight would be coming around to get additional doses for the Boys eventually.

by Anonymousreply 540July 7, 2022 1:04 PM

[quote]I still don't buy that "dire notes accidentally left out in the lab" thing , with the word "lethal" underlined in two places.

You’re projecting an awful lot of narrative subtlety upon a show that opened the season with a guy blowing up his lover from inside his dick. I think it’s just lazy writing.

by Anonymousreply 541July 8, 2022 1:33 AM

R537. Stan knows/knew. He said as much when he told the Senator guy that there were still kinks to be ironed out. But they're still testing V24 so it will probably eventually be perfected. Or maybe it won't to prevent addiction from any single person who might steal a bunch and go AWOL.

So at this stage I'm absolutely inclined to think it leads to death.

by Anonymousreply 542July 8, 2022 1:37 AM

Tremendous finale episode! So good I don't mind having been 100% wrong about the Temp V, heh. The Grace Mallory theory still looks like a winner, grats on that, R517! See you all for Season 4!

by Anonymousreply 543July 8, 2022 2:18 PM

America, fuck yeah!

by Anonymousreply 544July 8, 2022 2:34 PM

The finale was a little underwhelming, just like the rest of the season. It lacked a moment as satisfying as seeing Stormfront getting her ass handed to her in the second season finale.

Homelander didn't suffer a defeat on any level; in fact, he ended up in a better position, because now his crazy fans approve of him randomly killing people he doesn't like. Of course he wasn't going to be killed at this point in the series; he's too valuable for that. But if there's no hope of ever stopping him, then why bother.

For that matter, what have Butcher and the Boys even accomplished at this point? Vought is bigger than ever and the public still mostly likes and admires Supes. Neuman gets the VP pick and Butcher says "We need to stop her," setting up season four, but exposing her as the head-popper doesn't seem like it would accomplish anything. The series is just spinning its wheels.

The only real shocker in the finale was Homelander killing Black Noir in such a gruesome manner. Black Noir deserved to be in the final battle.

by Anonymousreply 545July 8, 2022 3:08 PM

If they can smooth out and soften Starlight’s face, why can’t they make Jack Quaid more attractive or at least less hideous?

by Anonymousreply 546July 8, 2022 3:14 PM

Totally agree with r545! I’ve removed The Boys from my Prime watchlist after watching the finale.

by Anonymousreply 547July 8, 2022 4:10 PM

What was the point of Black Noir on the show? Was he just a red herring for the ones who read the comics?

by Anonymousreply 548July 8, 2022 6:09 PM

Great question r548! They really should’ve kept the Black Noir/Homelander twist from the comics.

by Anonymousreply 549July 8, 2022 6:17 PM

R548 The more they deviate from the source the more the show sucks. That really shows how bad the writers are. I bet they think they are "improving" on the source material.

by Anonymousreply 550July 8, 2022 6:38 PM

I think the idea was to make everything seem as hopeless as possible so that we're more keyed up for the big win in the next season. But I think it was a bad idea to end it this way. It just seems like a depressing show when there's no clear hope for change.

by Anonymousreply 551July 8, 2022 6:59 PM

Maeve, disgustedly, to Hughie: "It's like you've got a neon sign that says, 'Raw Dog Me -- I'm a Bottom.' "

by Anonymousreply 552July 8, 2022 7:09 PM

So Noir is dead, and it very much looks like Maeve is off to a de-powered "happy ever after" on the farm with her partner.

So of the Seven, the only three left are The Deep, A-Train, and Homelander. The latter has become so paranoid I would assume he will try to add no more, and will wind up killing the other two left (which they would both deserve, especially now that we've finally seen The Deep murder someone).

by Anonymousreply 553July 8, 2022 8:04 PM

The way the season finale played out, quite frankly I'm hoping next season is the last. I mean how much further can you go. From what I'm reading, viewers are OVER Homelander constantly getting wins. I didn't want him to die this season but at the very least, they could've had him depowered by Soldier Boy. The most boring storytelling is when the main villain keeps scoring wins with very little to no take downs. I will not be back next season.

by Anonymousreply 554July 8, 2022 8:26 PM

Didn't read the comics, but I was sort of expecting Soldier Boy zapping Homelander's powers and Homelander being on the run and Butcher going after him (as a set up for next season).

by Anonymousreply 555July 8, 2022 11:01 PM

The show is mimicking real life. So basically, Vought has to be torn down completely for the good guys to win again.

by Anonymousreply 556July 8, 2022 11:12 PM

They would have to kill Homelander, Victoria Neumann, "Dakota Bob" and destroy Vought to have a win.

And win back Ryan to the side of the angels.

by Anonymousreply 557July 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Season Four should definitely be the last and just be spent neutralizing Neuman and finally killing Homelander.

With regards to Homelander they have taken him as far as they could. Prior to this season he was tethered a bit because he was so concerned about his Q ratings, but now that he knows he could kill someone and get away with it and still be loved, there's no stopping him. Season Four really should have those weak-kneed toadies A-Train and The Deep finally joining with Butcher's crew to defeat Homelander the way Soldier Boy's crew attempted with him.

I knew someone had to die but hated that it was Black Noir. Eric Kripke pretty much alluded that they're going to go the comic's route with making Black Noir Homelander's clone as he said Noir is dead but being as his character is silent and fully covered you don't know who is inside the costume.

by Anonymousreply 558July 9, 2022 12:48 AM

I think Ryan finds out Homelander raped his mom which makes him angry and powers off the charts so he eventually is the one to take Homelander out. But before that eventual ending, the only way they can keep sexy Soldier Boy on the show is have something cause Homelander to forget who he is so he isn’t a murderous selfish cunt. I think the military lady who was watching Ryan has some deeper sexual ties to Soldier Boy.

by Anonymousreply 559July 9, 2022 1:45 AM

I agree with r559–Jensen must have reupped for next season and they changed the plans to accommodate that. The son will be the one to take Homelander out. Gun in the first act…

by Anonymousreply 560July 9, 2022 2:40 AM

what was Deep eating at the end?

by Anonymousreply 561July 9, 2022 4:12 AM

His stress, his stress.

by Anonymousreply 562July 9, 2022 4:59 AM

I pretty much hate every single character on this show at this point.

by Anonymousreply 563July 9, 2022 6:06 AM

Narratively incontinent. Why wouldn’t HL kill Butcher? Since when can Maeve stand up to HL? What was the point of Starlight’s big flash if SB got up immediately afterwards? Gifs on Tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 564July 9, 2022 6:28 AM

So Victoria Neuman is not only AOC, she’s Kamala Harris now?

Well, I think the actress has Indian ancestry, so Kamala makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 565July 9, 2022 7:19 AM

In the comics her character is actually male, so I don’t think any of that was part of the original material.

by Anonymousreply 566July 9, 2022 7:32 AM

Stan needs to come to The Boys to give them the safer V to fight Homelander and his kid. Someone’s going to break Soldier Boy out, maybe wipe his memory clean so he can fight Homelander without prejudice OR he joins HL and they are Trump MAGA types while Butcher and the Boys get help from Deep, ATrain and eventually Ryan, HL rape baby. Idk this has so many ways to play out but Victoria Neumann nose is so hard to not stare at. She looks like Homelander punched her and she never got it reset. I hope Hughie is the one to pop that ugly bitches head off or better yet her own kid she’s forcing V on! The agonizing cries from her injecting her spine were hard to listen to. Child abuse. MM is overboard with the racism card, SB killed his fam because they were there not for their skin colour, unless I missed something?

by Anonymousreply 567July 9, 2022 12:37 PM

What was the Noir/Homelander twist from the comics?

by Anonymousreply 568July 9, 2022 12:46 PM

I would like to see next season as the wrap up and we start seeing The Boys dropping as quickly as we’ve seen the Supes die off so we only gave two or three left at the end.

by Anonymousreply 569July 9, 2022 12:46 PM

r567 brings up a point- Neumann's kid. Surely she'll be a pawn to hold Neumann in check, or used to kill one of the other supes. Maybe it'll never end with Ryan vs Neumann's kid.

by Anonymousreply 570July 9, 2022 2:35 PM

Just finished the last two episodes. Liked both episodes. The finale seemed somewhat anticlimactic to me: I see it as more of a set up for the next season. As for Ryan, as my Grammy used to say... blood will tell, but I knew that Butcher's rejection of that kid would have consequences.

I have to admit that I hated the Trump story in real life and really am not all that excited about seeing it play out on the Boys, but I'll continue watching because I need to know how this all ends.

by Anonymousreply 571July 9, 2022 2:43 PM

Love that Soldier Boy turned into the dad he never wanted to be, calling Homelander a fucking disappointment and a giant pussy.

by Anonymousreply 572July 9, 2022 4:11 PM

I agree that next season should absolutely be the last. I will watch it, and I will hope they have some sort of pay off that makes this muddled season worth it.

by Anonymousreply 573July 9, 2022 5:27 PM

Herogasm and the death of Black Noir was one big FU to the comic book nerds. Kind of a bold move from the show runners.

I like the series and how it spoofs US Deplorable culture.

by Anonymousreply 574July 9, 2022 5:36 PM

Herogasm was so gross

by Anonymousreply 575July 9, 2022 5:42 PM

Let’s face it. Any comic adaptation with Seth Rogan’s name attached is going to be problematic. Lesson learned. From this point, I wish he would develop something original and leave comic adaptations alone. Aside from the casting of the main characters, the Preacher adaptation was horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 576July 9, 2022 6:39 PM

I didn't read the Preacher series, and I thought most of the series was hilarious (although it took me 2 tries to get through the first season).

by Anonymousreply 577July 9, 2022 7:25 PM

So they killed the tiny urethra climber?

by Anonymousreply 578July 9, 2022 11:07 PM

Yep, he was squished like a bug.

by Anonymousreply 579July 10, 2022 3:05 AM

Bury your gays.

by Anonymousreply 580July 10, 2022 3:10 AM

[quote]Bury your gays.

Now you're speaking my language!

by Anonymousreply 581July 10, 2022 7:52 AM

Jensen is a little too good at playing a hypermacho self obsessed raging dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 582July 10, 2022 8:19 AM

Jensen Ackles looked so much like Gaspard Ulliel (especially in Moon Knight) with that beard and hair in this show. It was kinda eery to see him on screen. What happened to him [Gaspard] is so sad!

by Anonymousreply 583July 10, 2022 2:19 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by the last episode. The team reunited and work together/against each other. That's what's been missing this season with the teammates splintered into various subgroups with their own subplots. Soldier Boy finally had a purpose as the abusive (bio) daddy of Homelander. But it's still a big fail for the show to finally sort of gel in the season finale. It seems next season will have a better focus. The team will be working together against the new big bad VP candidate.

by Anonymousreply 584July 10, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote] Since when can Maeve stand up to HL?

This confused me too. If she was physically powerful enough to fight HL and withstand his laser eyes she should have been able to stomp Stormfront all by herself. At first, I thought maybe HL was holding back but the fight became so vicious it didn't seem like it.

Weird...

by Anonymousreply 585July 11, 2022 5:51 AM

R585 HL was still holding back or else he could have just killed her like he did with Noir and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 586July 11, 2022 6:05 AM

Kimiko is irredeemable at this point. Her relationship with Frenchie doesn’t change the fact she’s a sadistic monster.

by Anonymousreply 587July 11, 2022 12:37 PM

Has anyone noticed that Natalie Portman's character in the new Thor film looks a lot like Maeve? Every time I see the trailer I'm like when did Marvel crossover with The Boys?

by Anonymousreply 588July 12, 2022 1:32 AM

Maeve is a lot stronger than Noir r586. It's always been the case that Maeve was the second strongest supe alive after Homelander.

He definitely can still kill if push came to shove, but she isn't some pushover to him even if she didn't have the confidence to believe it. That's why they purposely have her look so shocked when she makes Homelander bleed, she didn't even have the confidence to know she was capable of that.

by Anonymousreply 589July 12, 2022 1:45 AM

It was nice when Homelander sliced off the head of the guy who threw a can at his son. We all can relate.

by Anonymousreply 590July 12, 2022 1:50 AM

Sorry if it’s been posted, but does anyone know what exactly was the gay sex between HL and SB in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 591July 12, 2022 2:24 AM

[quote] It was nice when Homelander sliced off the head of the guy who threw a can at his son. We all can relate.

Yes, that was the best part of the last episode, seeing the head of the guy mouthing off at a rally he shouldn’t have been at get blown off. The rest of the episode was terrible. It was like the writers had this great story arc for the season that would culminate in the great battle in which Homelander would be killed, but when they got to the final episode they said, “Oh shit, we need to keep Homelander for another season. We need to undo everything we were doing, quickly. “

The only moral path for everyone was to kill Homelander and prevent the countless deaths of innocent people that Homelander will continue to cause in the future.

by Anonymousreply 592July 12, 2022 3:45 AM

[quote] Sorry if it’s been posted, but does anyone know what exactly was the gay sex between HL and SB in the comics?

They did not specify. They just showed the two of them getting dressed and getting out of bed from where they had been together, and then SB had Homelander confirm that what they had just done was "not gay," but that it was just part of the competition for SB to get into The 7. Then after SB left, Homelander smugly announced to himself, "I can do anything I want!"

by Anonymousreply 593July 12, 2022 3:55 AM

These shows are very loose with the rules and laws of how these powers work.

I imagine at one point the audience is asked to clap in order to give Butcher and his gang the power to defeat Homelander. Yeah, the power of friendship will defeat Homelander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594July 12, 2022 4:26 AM

I don’t know why, but somewhere I lost sight of the origin of their superpowers. It was my understanding Soldier Boy and Stormfront were given Compound V, and Homelander was created in a lab. But were Maeve, Thw Deep, Annie, and A-Train born with their powers?

by Anonymousreply 595July 12, 2022 6:35 AM

[quote] The only moral path for everyone was to kill Homelander and prevent the countless deaths of innocent people that Homelander will continue to cause in the future.

It would have been better if SB's blast rendered HL powerless and turned him into a human Trumpian loser cultivating his son to be a meglomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 596July 12, 2022 2:42 PM

They need something to do next season, y’all.

by Anonymousreply 597July 12, 2022 2:45 PM

Starting Part 2 in case there in anything left to be said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598July 12, 2022 2:59 PM

[quote]Sorry if it’s been posted, but does anyone know what exactly was the gay sex between HL and SB in the comics?

Check it out here.

Not clear if it was anal or oral.... given HL's comments sounds like it was more like SB sucking him off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599July 13, 2022 3:48 AM

So basically they had The Deep do to Starlight what HL did to SB in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 600July 13, 2022 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!