Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If you could learn the ABSOLUTE TRUTH about one mystery, what would it be? Part 2

Continued.

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2022 2:42 AM

Previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2022 2:38 AM

This question is too difficult, it’s giving me anxiety. Torn between “who was Jesus and how did his story take off the way it did” “who is the Zodiac killer” “the full story of Jeffrey Epstein and all the people around him” and “all the bad stuff Trump did to become president and while being President.”

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2022 2:45 AM

I want to hear more about the ancient scrolls, Rome, gardens, Messalina and other sluts of antiquity. I have had the best evening thanks to you Classics Queens.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2022 2:53 AM

Where do the young teen boys thrown out of the polygamous Mormon sects of the four corners area actually end up? Trafficked to the Eastern Mediterranean?

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2022 3:02 AM

From the last thread:

[quote]I’d like to know the ABSOLUTE TRUTH behind Bajour!

The Theater Gossip threads are now at #470. We got into the habit, when the current thread reached 590 or so posts, of posting the names of famous flop musicals followed by an ! to close the thread out so we could get on to continuing the conversations in the next thread. Bajour is famous as a flop musical that starred Herschel Bernardi and Chita Rivera.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2022 3:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2022 3:18 AM

My mystery is, I would like to know why Herschel Bernardi didn’t do the Bajour number for TV, since he’s the one who sings it in the show. (He also didn’t participate in the Zorba number when it aired on the Tonys four years later).

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2022 3:43 AM

R5 is a doll.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2022 5:01 AM

r7. At the time, Chita was the bigger, more well known star. Welcome to reality.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2022 5:09 AM

Why is the Earth flat when it would make more sense that it would be round?

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2022 6:43 AM

When you reach the very outer edge of the universe … what's just beyond that?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2022 9:17 AM

Are the Annunaki real, and are they from Nibiru?

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Ronan Farrow's real father.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Thank you for starting a new thread!

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2022 12:35 PM

Who convinced Lucy that she’d be a good MAME…

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2022 12:39 PM

R15 Maybe it was the one time Gary talked her into something...

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2022 12:40 PM

Lucy convinced Lucy she'd be a good Mame. Everyone else knew she would be lousy.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2022 10:07 PM

UFOs. WTF are they, and are they the same phenomenon as ghosts?

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2022 10:51 PM

Who were the Sea Peoples? Were they really the cause of the Bronze Age Collapse? If not, what did cause that catastrophe?

It's remarkable that so many civilizations in the same region either collapsed completely or went into a sort of eclipse at almost the same time and we don't know why, even though many of these were literate cultures.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2022 11:50 PM

Amelia Earhart! I have to know how she met her end.

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2022 12:01 AM

The Vegas Shooting. Who was Stephen Paddock, really, and why has it been not at all discussed?

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2022 2:03 AM

Well, for one thing he’s dead. The story doesn’t last long because there’s no Justice to pursue. He is a mystery, however, and I’m curious too. He had money. He lived close o his brother and even he had no clue. People simply assume mental illness and he definitely did not plan on getting out of there alive. (Shrug)

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2022 7:28 AM

R22, they never talk about it, which makes it more intriguing. Your attitude is the same as the media's- I can accept it in a single person, but not those eternal noseys.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2022 3:10 PM

Here’s an extensive doc that proposes Paddock was angry with the gambling industry and blame them for exploiting his gambling addiction. I confess I haven’t watched all of it, but there’s always tons of stuff on everything on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2022 6:08 AM

Somebody mentioned the Zodiac killer. They a year ago came up with he’s this guy, Gary Francis Poste. I’ve seen them ‘positively claim they identified the Zodiac’ before so of course I’m not sure on this guy. I watched a documentary on him today, seen them before. It is a fascinating case. I’d like to know, really, who he was.

This new guy died in 2018. Makes me wonder, how do you do all that and then just stop and live a life, quietly keeping that secret?

For anyone interested this is the documentary I watched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2022 5:55 AM

Thanks, R25. Sounds really fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2022 7:17 AM

The Frog Boys from South Korea were a group of pre-teen boys who disappeared from a day out searching for salamander eggs in a wooded area near their homes. Their bodies were found much later in an area that had been searched before. Every time I find anything about this case I read something new about what happened that I had never heard before, so I wonder what is true and what is rumor. The South Korean police did not know how to handle the crime scene, and I imagine did not know how to do a thorough search of the area the boys were last seen, so I'm sure all physical evidence has been lost.

The Setagaya murders in Japan were the murders of an entire family in Japan in 2000, including 2 children. The police are working on DNA since the killer left clothing and feces in the toilet (gross!). The killer spent some time hanging around the house after killing everyone.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2022 4:36 AM

Whoops, that's two.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2022 4:41 AM

Did that lying POS ever tell me the truth about ANYTHING and, if so, what were the lies I never found out about? Feel free to drag his whole sordid bag of dirty laundry into the light of day, Oracle. I have plenty of time to listen now that I’m not speaking to him.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2022 5:07 AM

What happened to my best friend who dumped me in college and since I can't find her on social media (not that I would ever reach out), did she die?

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2022 6:45 AM

The great reset.

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2022 7:23 AM

I would like to know if di Caprio is really dating these models or if he is secretly married to Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2022 8:06 AM

[quote] Bush 2000, Bush 2004, Trump 2016. All three of these elections were rigged in favor of idiotic Republican candidates, weren't they?

Bush the 2nd was popular and I believe he did win the elections. Yes, he was dumb (nucular, etc.), but people liked him.

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote] Here’s an extensive doc that proposes Paddock was angry with the gambling industry and blame them for exploiting his gambling addiction.

Paddock was a scumbag and I would like to know more about his motives. His brother also seems off.

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2022 5:29 PM

What color is the sky in your world, R33??

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2022 5:45 PM

The Isdal Woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2022 5:50 PM

What really happened to Elisa Lam?

I just don’t but the bipolar mania episode explanation.

The Cecil hotel was in the middle of a sale of the hotel that finally went through for 30 million. Was Lam just too much bad press prior to finalizing the deal? Supposedly the hatch was open when Santiago Lopez found her but LAPD insisted it was closed.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2022 10:38 PM

Well…she obviously would not be able to close hatch from within. You’re right, it could all be a coverup but I don’t see how the narrative could be reversed at this point. Yes, the LAPD is notoriously corrupt just by any deep search surrounding the Black Dahlia murder. Who is going to prove otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2022 11:34 AM

R33, You must be as dumb, not to remember that Dubya v. Gore was decided "not setting any precedent" by a corrupt Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2022 3:22 PM

R39 That election in Florida was a shit show and the recount was even worse. The Supreme Court had to make a ruling when they did or there would not be a victor in the EC and it would instead be thrown to the House, something it was thought would be a bigger problem for the country. It is a quaint idea, now.

Interestingly, if you look at what each side was arguing for and compare it with the media's investigation of ballots afterward, if the SC hadn't ruled and the recount had continued in the same manner, Bush would've still won. The only scenario they found that would have resulted in a Gore victory would have been if all the ballots in question were counted statewide by a uniform standard. Then he might have won by less than 200 votes. But, Gore never argued for that. His team kept arguing that only certain counties should be counted and that they should be allowed to have different standards, which were all scenarios that it turned out would've helped Bush's victory.

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2022 3:52 PM

I remember lots of speculation and whispers that the Vegas shooter was making money trafficking guns and weapons his Asian wife was a spy.

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2022 3:54 PM

^^^What? He was an addict. Addicted to gambling at that same machine for 8+hours every day. So what is your point about trafficking guns? And his wife was Asian so she must’ve been a spy? You GQPs are so easy to spot with your outright gullibility to entertain all this everything-is-a-conspiracy shit. You are the living personification of that rat lover in the movie Abyss. A stupid fucking hick! We know who you losers are. You’re not fooling anyone here. Go back to your Qanon asshole!^^^

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2022 11:53 AM

Who is the Delphi Bridge Guy? He needs to pay for what he did!

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2022 1:33 PM

He had a major arsenal in his hotel room alone and and his wife was very sketchy. She went back home with millions right before the attack.

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2022 6:14 PM

R38

I’m sure nothing will ever be done to reverse the narrative. I just would like to know, magically I guess. Would love to know about the Dahlia as well.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2022 1:36 AM

Why did Andrew Lloyd Webber think Faye Dunaway would be capable of singing his score for "Sunset Boulevard," thus hiring her to replace Glenn Close in L.A.?

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2022 6:13 AM

Why does the clitoris have 8000(!) nerve endings?

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2022 8:51 AM

Where did Bradford Bishop escape to in 1976 after he buried his murdered family in a shallow grave in North Carolina? And is he still alive?

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2022 11:52 AM

Curious about this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2022 2:09 PM

Jon Benet

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2022 3:41 PM

R46 Well for some reason he decided to sing at the Platinum Jubilee concert. If he thinks he is good enough for that, let's be honest he isn't a great judge of ability.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2022 3:08 AM

1. Did Charles Manson visit the Tate home after the murders, but before the police arrived? Was Reeve Whitson with him?

2. What is the full extent of Whitson's relationships with Manson, Folger, Sharon Tate and her father Paul Tate, and the CIA?

3. Was the Tate house under surveillance the night of the murders, and what agency was doing the surveilling.

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2022 6:04 AM

What percentage of transgender people regret transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2022 6:19 AM

Who is Mr. Fister?

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2022 7:51 AM

R48, I remember when the Bishop murders happened. It was a huge story in the DC area and still comes up from time to time. Horrible, fascinating tale, not least because no clear motive has emerged. Why didn't he just disappear instead of killing his whole family? The Wikipedia article covers the basics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2022 7:56 AM

[quote]Why does the clitoris have 8000(!) nerve endings?

OMG, the endless orgasms...

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2022 8:01 AM

R52 Tom O’Neill’s book “Chaos” answers some of those questions, even if only circumstantially.

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2022 8:03 AM

What Really Happened to the Princes in the Tower?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2022 9:19 AM

The disappearance of Maura Murray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2022 9:32 AM

Yes, I read that Manson did go back to the Tate house because he knew there was beam near the ceiling (or a loft or something) and he told Tex to hang their dead bodies from the beam.

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2022 9:35 AM

R59, that Murray case is so creepy. Brrr. I hadn’t read the wiki in a while and it’s so sad that nothing more has come of the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2022 10:32 AM

There’s a lot of active discussions on these cases on Websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2022 10:34 AM

What really happened on 9/11

by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2022 11:20 AM

Whatever 9/11 was, it sure did trigger the beginning of US downward trajectory. I miss the Clinton years so much. There was a healthy economy and a lot of hope for the future….and music you could listen to instead of rap and auto tune only.

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2022 11:33 AM

How did the Robert Wone murderers get away with it?

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2022 12:25 PM

Also during Clinton, we were introduced to the “new economy” with tech startups until that fucking Alan Greenspan crushed it by going out of style raising prime lending rate. I will never forgive his dumb ass! Because the tech industry fully developed anyway! His greedy ass simply did not want us plebes to play in Wall Street, the greedy stupid fucker!

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2022 12:35 PM

Rey Rivera

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 7, 2022 1:48 PM

Yes, thanks to Clinton's NAFTA, jobs disappeared from the US, destroying the working class.

Oh, yes, what a fine thing that was.

by Anonymousreply 68June 7, 2022 11:13 PM

Even being an earthy, pagan, spiritual type, I still don't believe in an afterlife. Once you're done, you're done. Lights out. It's over.

I'd love to know what happens after death, but if I'm right, I'll feel I've wasted a question.

by Anonymousreply 69June 7, 2022 11:19 PM

R50 Certain mysteries best remain mysteries

by Anonymousreply 70June 7, 2022 11:44 PM

The Lost Colony

by Anonymousreply 71June 7, 2022 11:45 PM

DB Cooper

by Anonymousreply 72June 7, 2022 11:59 PM

R59, that is so bizarre. Was she going somewhere to go on a bender or drink herself to death? But before could (possibly) do that she got in the car accident, did some opportunistic predator take her, or did she die in the woods somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2022 12:39 AM

Not known. However, no trace of her remains were ever found in the area.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2022 11:42 AM

I would like to know the full story about HIV. How did it cross from animals to human; how did it get out of Africa; was there a deliberate effort by the Reagan administration to stall or block research for treatments and cures simply because it primarily affected gay men and people of color?

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2022 6:58 PM

Now you’re getting into Wuhan territory. I am Chinese-American and I can assure you that Xi Jinping is a chink, greedy asshole who did not monitor that wuhan lab and these piggy, filthy Chinese were not hygienic enough to prevent a contamination. They can’t help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2022 7:06 PM

How did Hillary sneak into the NYC jail to kill Jeffrey Epstein? How many people are actually on her killed list?

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2022 7:11 PM

I wouldn't know, r77!

by Anonymousreply 78June 8, 2022 7:12 PM

Why did Ivanka Trump and Wendi Deng go to Croatia before the 2016 election? Ivanka had a 4 month old at home, and Wendi was married to Rupert Murdoch, but rumors had her with Putin.

What was the real purpose? Bag women with Birkins?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 8, 2022 7:32 PM

They wanted to try pussy bumping???

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2022 9:12 PM

R79 She was married to Murdoch but playing with Putin? I have to learn more!

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2022 11:42 PM

Wendy Deng is legendary. She fucked Sergei Brin the Google guy and Tony Blair, too. I’m sure others but I haven’t been keeping up with her rumors the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2022 12:02 AM

No, R80, it wasn't sexual, it was political.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2022 1:46 AM

R81, see the TREASON series of threads. I have no idea which ones, but there is much discussion.

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2022 1:47 AM

Hmm. Why are Monica Lewinsky, Lucianne Goldberg, Paula Jones, Juanita Broderick, Susan McDougal, Jennifer Flowers, Kathleen Willey, Bernie Sanders, the Obamas, Valerie Jarret, and countless others still alive? If the Clinton "kill list" is real?

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2022 1:59 AM

R85 if you discuss it on a conspiracy site, they usually will say because those people, especially Clinton's "lady" friends, would be too obvious and would attract too much attention, the same with political rivals like Sanders and the Obamas. If you counter with Epstein was famous, they will say yeah but a bunch of powerful people wanted him dead so they knew there wouldn't be too much of an investigation.

But, that is how CT's usually work. You can always find a justification for the belief and therefore maintain your belief in the CT.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2022 2:20 AM

The truth about the Lindbergh baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2022 2:50 AM

He got kilt by the kidnapper, but you know all about that, Pats.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2022 5:20 AM

Is Epstein really dead? I do think it was actually him that was murdered because if he were still alive, he would require a a harem of underage girls around him.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2022 9:10 AM

[quote]Amelia Earhart! I have to know how she met her end.

She used a handheld mirror in one of my consciousness-raising groups.

It's just shocking the number of women who have never seen their own vaginas or rectums!

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2022 10:02 AM

I want the names of the senators/house members who sought pardons after January 6th.

by Anonymousreply 91June 10, 2022 4:12 PM

Who Killed Teddy Bear?

by Anonymousreply 92June 15, 2022 12:17 AM

I really want to know who the Zodiac Killer was. It’s not even close.

by Anonymousreply 93June 15, 2022 12:19 AM

I know, R93. I thought they were close, but it was the yearly bullshit. Nearly every year we hear a new theory about ZK, Amelia Earhart and DB Cooper. I'd take the answer to any of the 3.

I thought, maybe, the Golden State Killer's capture would lead to the Zodiac, but no dice.

by Anonymousreply 94June 15, 2022 12:22 AM

#1: why hasn't God just appeared to the world, showed he existed and yes, there is a heaven? Wouldn't this be so much easier and people knowing the truth would thus try their hardest to be good so they could go to Heaven? Instead, it's the eternal game and just have faith? why play it out like this?

#2: speaking of religiousness, I just read online (never had before) that the "great flood" could NOT have actually occurred or existed, because at the alleged time it happened, there were more than a few societies/ civilizations (asian for example) that were thriving and DOCUMENTATION of them existing and yes being alive during the time of the alleged great flood?!....If so, this blows my mind..

by Anonymousreply 95June 15, 2022 12:26 AM

R95 If a person is a Christian they believe #1 has already occurred, it is kind of central to the whole religion.

by Anonymousreply 96June 15, 2022 12:30 AM

What really happened the night Marilyn Monroe died. I wish I could go back in time and be there, like a fly on the wall, and observe. Was she killed, accidental od, intentional od? I strongly believe it was accidental, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 97June 15, 2022 12:37 AM

R96.. yeah, thousands of years ago, it may be a blip to God's timeline, but not for us....

by Anonymousreply 98June 15, 2022 12:39 AM

Did Atlantis and Lemuria actually exist?

by Anonymousreply 99June 15, 2022 1:05 AM

And who or what really built the pyramids in Egypt?

by Anonymousreply 100June 15, 2022 1:06 AM

Why do people believe that politicians really care about their problems?

by Anonymousreply 101June 15, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote]Amelia Earhart! I have to know how she met her end.

Her plane ran out of fuel and crashed in the ocean. It's still down there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 102June 15, 2022 2:18 AM

[quote]This new guy died in 2018. Makes me wonder, how do you do all that and then just stop and live a life, quietly keeping that secret?

That's exactly what the Golden State Killer did.

by Anonymousreply 103June 15, 2022 2:19 AM

R95 / R96 If there is a God and he is perfect and super intelligent, then I’m sure he’s just fucking with all of us. Because surely, if he wanted the entire world to follow Christianity (or Islam for that matter), he would employ a more efficient method than telling one or two guys in the middle of a desert and leaving it up to them to spread the word. That would be like the government in a national emergency relaying critical information to a homeless wino and then waiting for him to spread the word.

by Anonymousreply 104June 15, 2022 4:34 AM

R104 That is, again, kind of the point. People are supposed to believe by faith, not evidence. If He provided too much evidence, that wouldn't be faith. It is why I HATE the phrase "I believe in Science." No, you accept things that science proves with evidence, there is no belief involved. it is either accurate or not.

Also, neither are in competition with each other, because they are completely different things.

by Anonymousreply 105June 15, 2022 4:50 AM

It's a figure of speech r105.

by Anonymousreply 106June 15, 2022 4:54 AM

R105, by that same logic I should believe what Donald Trump says, even though all evidence points to him being a lying sack of shit.

In fact, this perfectly illustrates why so many people believe in him. Because Americans are stupid religious nuts and they’ve been conditioned since birth to ignore logic and believe nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 107June 15, 2022 5:14 AM

"I believe in science" is just a verbal shorthand. Everybody knows what it means.

by Anonymousreply 108June 15, 2022 5:21 AM

R4 wants to know so he can buy an airline ticket

by Anonymousreply 109June 15, 2022 5:24 AM

[quote] No, you accept things that science proves with evidence, there is no belief involved.

Actually there is belief involved. You need to believe in the scientific method.

by Anonymousreply 110June 15, 2022 5:26 AM

R110 this is the kind of bullshit the religious people tell themselves so that they don’t feel so bad. “The people who believe in science are just as stupid as I am.”

by Anonymousreply 111June 15, 2022 5:28 AM

Uhm…the scientific method simply means that you can recreate a certain, specified result upon testing. It means one can prove the result by reaction and not rely on faith/belief that said result can occur randomly or at all.

by Anonymousreply 112June 15, 2022 10:50 AM

So basically "GOD" is a masochist....

wants everyone to have "faith" even though he has the power to prove himself and heaven...

wants everyone to go thru so much pain and hate and evil even though he could stop it any time he wanted (oh wait, i forgot the convenient deflection excuse "giving man free will" line)..

by Anonymousreply 113June 15, 2022 11:39 AM

And all the millions of people who were born at the wrong time or on the wrong continent are just colossally fucked. God really is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 114June 15, 2022 12:02 PM

I'd like to know the truth about the beginning of the spread of HIV/AIDS. The Covid pandemic, and the way the world is handling monkeypox has been illuminating, but we lost so much and so many. I'd rather know it was incompetence, rather than hate.

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote]I'd like to know the truth about the beginning of the spread of HIV/AIDS.

That's already been proven.

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2022 3:15 PM

I would like to see a link, R116. I've heard so many stories

by Anonymousreply 117June 15, 2022 3:20 PM

r117 there's a NOVA doc called The Origin Of AIDS on Youtube and it tells you everything. It's a long, long story and I'm not going to type it all out but the doc is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 118June 15, 2022 3:54 PM

Thank you, I will watch, and perhaps take back my post.

by Anonymousreply 119June 15, 2022 4:30 PM

Before they put it on cable the other day I was going to go on here and say, (I was locked out) Was Chuck Barris really an assassin for the CIA?

If he was why was he letting out that info? I can just imagine the CIA like, shut up! It's one thing to pull people who are lousy at their act off the stage with a hook, it's another thing to kill people.

Oh well. All in a days work. ?

by Anonymousreply 120June 15, 2022 11:32 PM

I had never heard of Bradford Bishop until this thread, which I can't believe, and it sent me down a rabbit hole. What a sick fuck.

I think he fled to Europe (per the two sightings) and somehow managed to live under an alias. I don't think he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 121June 15, 2022 11:35 PM

R121, I think that's a reasonable guess, although I also think he might have killed himself in the wilderness back in '76.

If Bishop did escape, I wonder what he lived on. It's also interesting to speculate whether he would be able to get away with disappearing today, given the ubiquity of security cams and the impossibility of doing anything without some sort of online verification of identity.

by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote] [R110] this is the kind of bullshit the religious people tell themselves so that they don’t feel so bad. “The people who believe in science are just as stupid as I am.”

How’s it bullshit exactly? The scientific method is just a human method of organized thought. You have to have faith in the idea that, because experiments can be replicated and the same results obtained, that represents some sort of absolute truth beyond the confines of human thought, something truly objective.

Not seeing what you’re objecting to. All the above seems self-evident.

[quote] Uhm…the scientific method simply means that you can recreate a certain, specified result upon testing. It means one can prove the result by reaction and not rely on faith/belief that said result can occur randomly or at all.

Don’t um me, and yes that it what it means. But what you’re missijkng is, what you’ve just stated is indeed a belief rather than an absolute truth. We can conduct experiments which have results and we can take certain truths or theories from those results but those truths or theories may be wrong.

Belief goes into all of that. And I say that as a committee atheist. Read the linked article for an examination of a recent example of how this plays out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2022 11:49 PM

Why so many DLers are completely devoid of humor

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2022 11:54 PM

[quote]I think that's a reasonable guess, although I also think he might have killed himself in the wilderness back in '76.

That's definitely possible but the two sightings of him in Italy and Switzerland by people who worked closely with him for years before he ran off sounded very credible.

[quote] It's also interesting to speculate whether he would be able to get away with disappearing today, given the ubiquity of security cams and the impossibility of doing anything without some sort of online verification of identity.

I cannot even imagine how making yourself disappear and living under a false identity could even be possible in this day and age, with all the technology. How could a person even begin to do that?

The only way I think it *might* be able to work would be to have a person take care of you 100%, you would be totally dependent on that person. They would have to provide housing for you, pay for everything, etc. You wouldn't be able to have a job, or a bank account or anything else that a normal person would have. That would be a very stressful and difficult life to live.

by Anonymousreply 125June 16, 2022 12:14 AM

R123 I guess, to me, I don't have any "belief" in science I just accept that the findings are logical and therefore correct. And the scientific method is how I determine if the conclusion is logical.

I believe in God, but faith is illogical and any attempt to make it logical distracts from the spirituality for me, it is just something I BELIEVE. Like, I believe that human nature is inherently good, though I have little to no evidence of this, it is just my belief.

by Anonymousreply 126June 16, 2022 1:09 AM

Anne Coulter's Adam's Apple.

by Anonymousreply 127June 16, 2022 1:28 AM

What really happened in Bob Saget's hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 128June 16, 2022 1:33 AM

Is there any truth to the Gemstone Files? Or was it the rantings of a paranoid schizophrenic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 16, 2022 1:46 AM

R95, Those advanced civilizations [See: Atlantis] were wiped out by the Great World-Wide Flood, the story of which [See: Gilgamesh," Utnapishtim in the "Epic of] is on Sumerian clay tablets pre-dating the Bible.

The few remaining survivors became the Teachers of legend [See: Viracocha, E.g., Kon Tiki and]. This "teaching" would explain the seemingly inexplicable emergence of Sumer, as Athena from the head of Zeus, as the forerunner of civilization, with advanced knowledge of astronomy, geography, agriculture, writing, the wheel, and the plow.

The Flood also accounts for why the origin of post-Deluvian agricultural grains [See: Barley, Einkorn Wheat and] has been traced genetically to ancient Turkey [See: Purported Landing Place of, Noah's (Utnapishtim's) Ark].

by Anonymousreply 130June 16, 2022 3:32 AM

What really happened between Susan Lucci and Sarah Michelle Gellar at ALL MY CHILDREN.

by Anonymousreply 131June 16, 2022 3:59 AM

WTF is Bigfoot? Something is out there in those woods, there have been WAY too many sightings by way too many normal, well-adjusted people.

by Anonymousreply 132June 16, 2022 4:16 AM

What was the real deal with Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Joan of Arc, etc.? Were they just conmen/women or were they deranged and legitimately believe God was talking to them?

by Anonymousreply 133June 16, 2022 6:53 AM

[quote] What was the real deal with Moses,

He supposed his toes were roses. But Moses supposed erroneously.

by Anonymousreply 134June 16, 2022 8:22 AM

R133, It's a pathetic con artist who continues the con unto death, don't you think?

With your examples, clearly each felt certain he or she was in communication with a non-human entity (although IIRC Jesus is described in prayer and/or lamentation rather than hearing voices, as with Joan of Arc and Moses), usually called "God" but who have been posited as actual extraterrestrials in the non-spiritual sense.

by Anonymousreply 135June 16, 2022 12:43 PM

R95, See also: The Younger Dryas.

And the book "The Missing Lands: Uncovering Earth's Pre-Flood Civilization" (Freddy Silva).

You just might find yourself both enlightened and intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 136June 17, 2022 9:48 PM

How is it even possible that Tim Daly and Tyne Daly are siblings?

by Anonymousreply 137June 18, 2022 9:05 AM

What did happen to Dex Dexter after he fell over the balcony. We never got a full explanation.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2022 11:52 AM

Speaking of Dexter, why the hell did they bother with that reboot? Do they actually think anyone will watch a new series starring a kid that is reminiscent of Ezra Miller (they/them)?

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2022 1:41 PM

excuse me@ R139, I was obviously in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 140June 21, 2022 5:00 AM

Exactly what was Devin Nunez (R) doing running around at night at the White House? He seemed to have some envelop or something he was desperate to deliver to Dump. What was he trying to sneak to Dump in the cover of the night?

by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2022 9:57 AM

This is what the historian Pliny the elder and Tacitus said about Messalina (Claudius the emperor who knew nothings, wife) "Among the particular rumors which have followed Messalina down through the ages are that she solicited men in common taverns, danced naked in the Forum, and once bet a famous Roman prostitute that she could beat her at her own game; Pliny the Elder notes that she won the bet, "for within the space of twenty-four hours she cohabited twenty-five times." The Roman historian Tacitus mentions by name many prominent men with whom Messalina had relationships, suggesting that she was merely giving in to wayward proclivities. The fact that she monopolized the attentions of the famous dancer, Mnester, who could do her no political favors, argues for this interpretation. Cassius Dio, however, interprets her escapades as purposefully directed toward political ends. For instance, he describes her contrivance to involve many prominent women in a group sex session at which their husbands were in attendance. Those men who attended were awarded with various offices and honors through her influence with Claudius, but their actions also made them vulnerable, should she wish it, to charges of "pandering." Meanwhile, those who did not attend were undermined politically or destroyed...Claudius appears to have been truly infatuated with his wife (Suetonius uses the words "extravagant love" to describe his feelings), and to have trusted her completely." All about 48 AD. Was it true? Did she really have a contest with Rome's most famous prostitute, I should mention her name, she should have the notoriety, too. It was Scylla, I think pronounced Silla.

Honestly, poor Claudius, he was in love. She was very pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2022 2:30 AM

R132 Just for you, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2022 2:33 AM

Thank you, R142, that was fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2022 5:47 AM

Yes, r142, she really held that "contest" and won.

Imperial Rome was decadence exemplified.

by Anonymousreply 145June 23, 2022 7:12 AM

[quote]Was Chuck Barris really an assassin for the CIA?

No, but Brenda Lee was.

by Anonymousreply 146June 23, 2022 7:41 AM

[quote]What really happened between Susan Lucci and Sarah Michelle Gellar at ALL MY CHILDREN.

Oh, I can solve that one.

Susan Lucci is a psychopathic little old raisin - she absolutely despises any actress who is more attractive or more talented than she is.

She's a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 147June 23, 2022 7:45 AM

How does lint make it's way into my bellybutton EVERY SINGLE DAY!?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 148June 23, 2022 8:10 AM

Who is suppressing the mystery of Dyatlov Pass incident?

And why does it never come up on DL?

by Anonymousreply 149October 22, 2022 11:28 PM

I would want to know the full story of what happened to missing british woman Claudia Lawrence. Certainly she is dead but who killed her and why?

by Anonymousreply 150October 22, 2022 11:30 PM

I want to know if there is life after death

by Anonymousreply 151October 22, 2022 11:35 PM

I want to know what happened to Ana Mendieta. But I'm pretty sure we know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2022 6:11 PM

I want to know if all those secret societies are for real or fake?

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2022 9:41 PM

[quote]R123: You have to have faith in the idea that, because experiments can be replicated and the same results obtained, that represents some sort of absolute truth beyond the confines of human thought, something truly objective... what you’ve just stated is indeed a belief rather than an absolute truth... Belief goes into all of that. And I say that as a committee atheist. Read the linked article for an examination of a recent example of how this plays out. (link to Naomi Oreskes, 𝐈𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐚𝐲 ‘𝐒𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭,’ 𝐘𝐨𝐮’𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠, Scientific American, July 1, 2021)

You're misrepresenting what Oreskes is saying about science and the scientific method. While she acknowledges that it is capable of making mistakes along the way, she argues that a culture of challenge and opposition including peer review functions as a self-corrective, making science the most trustworthy approach to knowledge. She says nothing whatsoever about belief or faith comprising a part of that chain. You're selling your preferred woo, and trusting that no one will read her and check your claims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 24, 2022 2:51 AM

I want to know what was going on before the big bang. Where did those hot gases come from if nothing existed before the big bang?

by Anonymousreply 155October 24, 2022 4:04 AM

Just how manipulated Princess Diana was into the phoney marriage, if Charles really intended to love her or was already emotionally committed to Camilla, and why Camilla kept up with Charles when she was really in love with Andrew P-B.

by Anonymousreply 156October 24, 2022 4:08 AM

Me too, R155.

I want to know how the universe will end and when.

by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2022 6:51 AM

When did the British start speaking English as America does? Why didn't they keep using their European language like other European countries did?

by Anonymousreply 158October 24, 2022 7:03 AM

R52- " Did Charles Manson visit the Tate home after the murders, but before the police arrived? Was Reeve Whitson with him?"

I recommend the book. Manson, in His Own Words. While you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt, I found him to be surprisingly honest, especially regarding the true motive for the crime. The motive was to commit a copy cat crime in order to free Bobby Beausoleil, who had been arrested for the murder of Gary Hinman. It is a fascinating read. I do not remember if Manson admitted tampering with the Tate crime scene because it has been so many years since I read this book.

by Anonymousreply 159October 24, 2022 8:24 AM

Why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn’t want to fuck in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 160October 24, 2022 8:58 AM

What happened between Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss?

Where and what kind of life forms are on other planets in our universe?

And what happened to all of the people in the reboot of Unsolved Mysteries, especially the woman who was found dead in a swanky Norwegian hotel in the 90s and she had no ID, ripped off the tags on her clothing, and seemed like a spy?

by Anonymousreply 161October 25, 2022 3:39 PM

[quote]What happened between Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss? Where and what kind of life forms are on other planets in our universe?

Sweetie, I don't think your mommy would want you posting on an adult site like DL.

by Anonymousreply 162October 25, 2022 3:44 PM

What happened to Kyron Horman?

Little boy Oregon boy supposedly taken to school by evil stepmother and never seen again. No body found. Evil step mother never charged.

by Anonymousreply 163October 25, 2022 6:20 PM

What happened to Malaysia Airlines flight 370

by Anonymousreply 164October 25, 2022 6:27 PM

We’re Hepburn and Tracy really lovers or real partners in life?

Did Rock and Monty fuck?

Who was and is gay in country music, the NFL, and among the presidents and their wives ( Bess Truman pops to mind)?

Who is really Harry’s Father, and who was his “ real” lover?

by Anonymousreply 165October 25, 2022 7:50 PM

[quote]What was the real deal with Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Joan of Arc, etc.?

In that group, I'd say Moses definitely did not exist and was pure invention as a character. I am intrigued that a group of people in the Judean Hills invented a completely mythical Egyptian slavery and freedom epic for themselves, and would love to know what was really going on there. I suspect they were bandits and outlaws and yes, runaway slaves, but actually from Canaanite cities, but that is a mystery I would love to know for sure.

Jesus and Mohammed may have existed, but they were both so revised and edited I don't know if we have any actual teachings or words from either one. However they began, if at all, they became characters in somebody else's idea of what God would preach, as my little gang of preachers and congregants alone knows. (In the old joke, what God would say if he only understood the real situation!)

Joan of Arc is the only one I would say definitely existed and definitely had the kind of visions that people say she had. I suspect she was nuts, but nuts in a way that proved highly useful to the French king and his army. She was inspired and her inspiration was a huge morale boost for the French reclaiming their territories. Although she would not live to benefit from that, as the English caught her and killed her. Sometimes prophecies do work out, and the person running around saying "God Told Me You Will Win This War" turns out to be correct, at least about the war winning part.

by Anonymousreply 166October 25, 2022 8:59 PM

[quote]We’re Hepburn and Tracy really lovers or real partners in life?

Nope, they were both gay.

by Anonymousreply 167October 25, 2022 9:10 PM

Nine

One

One

by Anonymousreply 168October 25, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]R166: In that group, I'd say Moses definitely did not exist and was pure invention as a character. I am intrigued that a group of people in the Judean Hills invented a completely mythical Egyptian slavery and freedom epic for themselves, and would love to know what was really going on there. I suspect they were bandits and outlaws and yes, runaway slaves, but actually from Canaanite cities, but that is a mystery I would love to know for sure.

You're kind of mistaking the characters from Jewish scripture narratives with their anonymous authors. None of it was written by desert nomads, runaway slaves, or bandits, nor was it written during the periods in which the narratives are set (the trend in almost all biblical literature is to set narratives in the past, and to attribute their authorship to pseudepigraphal figures, e.g. the Book of Daniel, purportedly written in Babylon in the 6th century BCE, but actually dating to the 2nd-1st centuries BCE. This trend is equally true of the New Testament). Much of Jewish scripture was crafted during the Hellenistic period, 3rd-2nd centuries BCE, and it written by scholars in places like Alexandria, using Homer, Plato, Berossus, and Manetho as sources. Check out the work of Russell Gmirkin. Discussions on Vridar are helpful.

by Anonymousreply 169October 26, 2022 12:20 AM

^^it was written by

by Anonymousreply 170October 26, 2022 2:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!