Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry and Meghan are doing a reality series for Netflix THE SEQUEL

Link to part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 4, 2022 4:43 PM

Thanks op and yes to the comment on the last thread I imagine Meghans ex husband is fantastic in bed and him being married to a billionaire I am sure has caused Meghan to feel a bit sick with jealousy at times.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2022 7:37 PM

r1 Sorry I meant billionaires heir

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2022 7:40 PM

I bet it'll be really boring. Meghan doing a sad face at underprivileged children. Meghan reading The Bench to students. Meghan complaining that no one has asked her if she's OK in the last two hours.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2022 7:42 PM

I wonder about their sex life these days. It's pretty obvious Meghan caught Harry playing the ever-willing sex kitten. I guess she kept up that sex kitten game until she got knocked up, i. e. until she had the meal ticket in her womb that is now known as Archie.

Lilibet's conception was probably just a lie back and think of all the future merching cash situation for her, regardless of the conception being a natural one or one via IVF.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2022 7:43 PM

Trevor has wisely taken the high road, enjoying his new rich wife and peaceful life. There is no upside to him ever talking about his marriage to Meghan and getting drawn back into her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2022 7:43 PM

Although you never know what petty revenge fantasies people carry, surely Neil Sean wouldn't be privy to them.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2022 7:58 PM

I think people looking for dirty hot Windsor Tea will be disappointed with Harry's book.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2022 8:38 PM

He might add a chapter on their sex life to make the book more interesting.

"It was in Botswana when Meghan first peed in the bushes, then on me. It was also that night she let me enter two of her holes but sadly not the third and final one as she told me back then there wouldn't be any butt sex until after the wedding that'd turn into a demure, chaste Duchess. So I had to make a decision . . ."

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2022 8:44 PM

If the ghostwriter Mohringer really specializes in taking fathers over the coals, the book might have a bit of interest. It could be the antithesis of the saccharine “The Bench”, which is all about a sweet loving daddy.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

King Charles and Queen Camilla are getting MARKLED.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2022 9:19 PM

[quote] An American MD somehow got ahold of his medical records, violating the HIPAA privacy act, and made a diagnostic conclusion about a patient she never met? OK. 🙄

Thomas Markle released his medical records to the Daily Mail, frau. That is such a Lipstick Alley emoji, btw.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2022 9:22 PM

Don't forget the LOL and BAHAHA to accompany the Lipstick Alley fraumojis.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2022 9:28 PM

Sorry for breaking it to you, but Harry is the only one out of the BRF who has markled himself.

Willingly.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2022 9:32 PM

I was looking at Nacho's IG. There are tons of photos of the team, including Harry, at the Montecito Polo Club. Somehow Meghan didn't make the cut in any of the photos, of which there several from that day. That sounds like a diss to me. Something tells me they are not friends.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2022 9:42 PM

And? He celebrated a phony trophy for the benefit of Netflix cameras. Sorry baby, he's been Markled.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2022 9:52 PM

Next week is Jubly week, right? Suspect this thread will see mucho action!

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2022 10:02 PM

I’ll go look at poor kids but no fucking way am I touching them. Ew!!!

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote] Prince Harry book postponed 'so he can include information about visit to UK

I wonder if the family dining room at Buckingham Palace has space for all the lawyers members of the royal family will be bringing to dinner from this announcement?

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2022 10:09 PM

Will they incorporate Thomas Markle's long, slow death march into their reality tv?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote]I was looking at Nacho's IG. There are tons of photos of the team, including Harry, at the Montecito Polo Club. Somehow Meghan didn't make the cut in any of the photos,

Is Nacho richer than Haz? Isn't Meggy Sharp rumored to act like "a cat in heat" around other women's wealthier than hers husband's? The leg spread sitting next to Serena's husband at the tennis match. Getting too touchy feely with Katherine McPhee's rich geriatric husband...

I suspect she'd love to be the center of some huge scandal breaking up some wealthy guy's marriage. She fancies herself just too irresistible. It would keep her in the headlines for years ala Angie Jo. I wonder if she ever tried to claw Charles?

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2022 10:18 PM

R19 gonna eat her some Nacho!

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2022 10:50 PM

Still say she had someone bump into Daddy Markle at the Market w. a syringe. How perfect a stroke. All eyes on Markle, will she make the Jubly or fly tearful to Daddy's side? Thinks all the world is waiting with baited breathe for what she will do.

Bet she's gnashing her teeth & cursing about this dawn 'wet back' in damn Texas doing this school shooting. Couldn't that greasy MF have waited till after the Jubly to shoot up those damn school kids. Imagine someone stealing the crown of public attention off her head!!

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote]husband's

No "oh dear" for me?

Huh.

Miracles will never cease.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2022 11:06 PM

Netflix needs to make Fat Ass Markle ride Ginger Fuckwit's cock for their 'docu-series'.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2022 11:16 PM

r23, Thank you for your contribution; you're just charming!

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2022 11:36 PM

I know, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2022 11:42 PM

Sam says Thomas lost speech and swallowing ability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2022 11:43 PM

Let's face it, EVERYONE in here would watch Markle ride the idiot prince, although only for the LOLz.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2022 11:44 PM

Oh that's just too delicious that Nacho has pix of Harry at the polo - but none of Meghan. Maybe there was something to that sports event that Harry attended with Eugenie but not with Meghan though I guess that's a bridge to far to assume Euge can't stand her either. (but give her time)

I know I shouldn't, considering his cruelty to his family, but I feel sorry for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2022 12:24 AM

As a matter of fucking fact, r21, those kids are trying to muzzle me and take my voice away. Like that fucking racist Maradona, dying during my miscarriage reveal. Like what the fuck was that? I won't be silenced!

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2022 1:03 AM

^ Right On!you go Megs., speak your truth loud & proud for all the world to hear!! You speak for All women All the time. And screw those WAGS @ the Polo. Like they didn't know who needed to be up front & photoed!! Well, they got told. Don't get between HM Kween Meghan!!

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2022 1:17 AM

[Quote]Thomas Markle released his medical records to the Daily Mail, frau.

So hard to provide a link for the poor, desperate frauen then?

If he released his "medical records," he's an even bigger fool than having raised such a narc cunt of a daughter who eventually abandoned him.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2022 1:20 AM

I just don’t get how those two have absolutely no self awareness. They say they want to escape the racist royals and move to California for privacy. Yet, they are attempting to do many of the same things the royals do and avoid privacy at every turn. I never thought they would stoop this low but they continue to go lower.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2022 1:23 AM

She’s really finished. She’s relying exclusively on his last shreds of fame and goodwill at this point, inserting herself into his public appearances where she serves no conceivable purpose. Gone are the days when Gloria Steinem and Melissa McCarthy would give her the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2022 1:25 AM

If Meg had her way, she would have had a microphone to remind everyone of the titles and how Harry invented polo.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2022 1:29 AM

How's that wimmen archietype podcast going? I'm looking forward to Meg exploring the goldigger stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2022 3:22 AM

I don't think Harry is better looking than Trevor the ex. Harry's looks are going down the shitter as DL would say.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2022 3:34 AM

He's morphing into Friar Tuck.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2022 3:50 AM

These two idiots never wanted privacy. That was a big lie just to "step back" and leave the royal family. They want money and fame on their own terms. That's all they ever wanted...and that's fine. Nothing wrong with wanting money and fame. But it's difficult go about expressing that you want money and fame by acting that you don't want money and fame.

But in order to get money and fame sometimes it's helpful to have a particular talent and a healthy dose of charisma that the public may want to pay for and be around...and that talent could be anything, e.g., acting, singing, diplomacy, inventing, scientific research, writing, delivering speeches, politics, entertainment production, fashion, sports, etc.

Let me know when Harry or Markle have any of those talents or even a something unique that they can bring to the table. I'll wait...

Sheesh, those two.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2022 3:51 AM

Harry and Markle should have subscribed to the theory: "Don't quit your job until you have another job."

They had a job with the royal family. And it's okay that they didn't like their royal job. Problem is, they didn't have another job to go to after quitting. We're now seeing the result of not having much to offer.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2022 3:54 AM

They wanted it all ("half in, half out, of the Royal Family).

They were told no.

Pissed off, they went to Oprah.

And now, they go down the drain. Wallis and Edward, the Gauche Edition.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2022 3:55 AM

^^Yes, the half in/half out royal thing doesn't work--and shouldn't work. It's unethical.

Ironically, they may end up getting their half in/half out wish, goddammit. When Charles becomes king, he's going to need some help. There are far too many royal engagements to attend for just a "slimmed down handful of senior royals." While Queen Elizabeth is much stronger than Charles, and Elizabeth told H&M to go pound sand. On the other hand, Charles is squishy and weak and may give in to H&M's half in/half out scheme since he will need help.

Charles should soften his stance on a slimmed down monarchy. Charles should also tell H&M to go pound sand; however, Charles should elevate Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to senior royals to fill the gap in royal duties--and it's coming as soon as Her Majesty dies. Beatrice and Eugenie know the royal life; they seem very nice, and there has never been a hint of scandal regarding either of them. Screw Prince Andrew. His daughters should not be held accountable for his sins. Beatrice and Eugenie would be perfect senior royal representatives.

The thing is, Beatrice and Eugenie actually do have their own jobs and now, their own children too. Charles should welcome them on board before they get too old and the time comes when their lives are well-established with their own interests. There may come a time when they won't want to accept an offer from Charles. The royal family needs more senior members who are younger and can relate to the public. Andrew is out. H&M are out. Beatrice and Eugenie should be in, at least to pick up some of the royal slack as a result of an overwhelming amount of annual appearances.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2022 4:14 AM

These assclowns think their "star power" alone should be enough for people to rain money on them.

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2022 4:18 AM

How many times does R42 need to hear that her cute idea of part-time royal, especially as envisioned by the Harkles, will never be allowed by the government? I don't think she is aware that it is a player in the scenario.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2022 4:26 AM

^ 41 not 42

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2022 4:27 AM

That faux-trophy ceremony was just embarrassing. The stage was a flatbed hooked up to a fucking tractor.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2022 4:35 AM

How long until Harry offers to give a 30 day membership to BetterUp for the Uvalde families who lost their children.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2022 4:42 AM

The reality show is what Meghan wanted all along. She didn't put effort into being a royal, into Pearl, or into her podcast all so that a last-resort "docuseries" was an easy sell to Harry. But now she has a show all about her and her dream of being the next Kardashians. The ultimate wish of every blogger/influencer/D-list celeb.

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2022 4:52 AM

We ask for donations in honor of Archie and Lily, who are kids themselves, be made to Archewell. We will donate five cents to the affected families for every dollar received.*

*minus administration costs

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2022 4:54 AM

She's not interesting enough to sustain a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2022 4:55 AM

R38 I think that’s what Meghan wanted.

Prince Harry never made any real attempts at celebrity.

Harry is like Britney Spears, he only knows how to be a cash cow or exploited, it’s all he’s ever known.

He still acts dutiful, now it’s to his wife instead of the royal family. He does as he’s told.

I think Meghan didn’t understand royalty and how much work it was, she basically said that in the interview. That it’s all taken seriously.

She thought being a princess was basically like being a Kardashian. She thought she’d be able to basically retire with servants and do bullshit charity events like a rich woman from NYC or California as an excuse to throw parties.

When she realized she couldn’t become the next Kardashian family, she bounced.

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2022 4:56 AM

Have the Markles issued a statement against gun violence, especially a gunman mowing down innocent children?

Something must be done. I'm sure they could help.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2022 5:25 AM

As soon as she figures out how to make it all about herself, she will.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2022 5:27 AM

R41. Britain is suffering high food prices, long waits for NHS services, and possible heating oil shortages. I doubt now is the time to foist these two lazy vacation-loving creatures as "working" anything. The older, fatter one may have a sort-of part time job, but the uglier one married to the cheater does not have a "job"- she is always inserting herself into the periphery of the true working royals. Given her schedule of activities, it is easy to conclude she has no real job.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2022 6:02 AM

Peeking horrified through my hands over my eyes haha...*shudders*

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2022 6:29 AM

[quote] Gone are the days when Gloria Steinem and Melissa McCarthy would give her the time of day.

And lets face it, she was scraping the bottom of the barrel w/ Melissa McCarthy's whole schtick and the 40x40 birthday initiative. What ever happened to that BTW? That was to get back at Obama's 60x60 big birthday party that got lost in the mail that weekend. Melissa McCarthy is entering WHET territory.

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2022 6:36 AM

Markle ought to call her good friend George Clooney. I mean, she invited him and the wife to her wedding.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2022 6:40 AM

I am pro Beatrice being a working royal on a trial basis and see where that goes. I really liked how she did the very intimate wedding to Eddo in the Queen's gown and tiara. She wanted a big wedding as well, but wanted to marry while Philip was alive. She also excluded Andrew (and Fergie?) from the public wedding photos that were released. Bea took a few for the team so lets see how she does. They are going to need support. Bea can have the half in/half out situation while living in a fabulous London "apartment" w/ country house and all the vacations she wants. She can even secretly fly private - nobody cares b/c she keeps her mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2022 6:44 AM

Basically, R50? Literally.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2022 6:55 AM

R57 if only she would keep her mouth shut! All those gnashers!

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2022 6:58 AM

R39, didn't Harry tell in one of his Zoom conferences for BetterFuckUp that if you don't like your job, simply quit stat?

Tells you pretty much everything you need to know about his internal conception and approach when it comes to anything that reeks of work and duty.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2022 12:22 PM

R55, if nothing else works, I'm sure Melissa can do another Gilmore Girls sequel, with her and Lauren Graham eating each other's pussy in Luke's (?) diner.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2022 12:26 PM

R41, I'm fine with Bea involved in royal engagements, but as far as I am concerned Euge can go fück herself. Not unlike cousin Harry and his wife, she has proven herself to be rather illoyal and fallible, so there's no reason for her to be welcomed in the Working Royals fold. Let her find her freedom, too, haha.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2022 12:36 PM

There was a big garden party at Buckingham Palace a couple days ago, the kind that recognizes certain members of the public for their service. William was in a morning suit and top hat, Kate in a lovely high-necked pastel dress with a big hat. Edward and Sophie were there, I think Anne as well but also Bea. Not Eugenie though. Could be a signal or it could be that Eugenie was sick or something.

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2022 12:56 PM

R53 - I think you got the York girls mixed up. The elder, Beatrice, is married to the cheater. The younger, Eugenie, is the one with the "real" job.

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2022 1:31 PM

Meghan described...

A narcissist believes they are the authority that determines reality.

To them, your facts are meaningless and your logic offensive.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2022 1:40 PM

God, I can't wait to see what concoctions she pulls together to wear on her triumphant return to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2022 2:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2022 2:13 PM

Ohhhh get the popcorn: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will attend a key church service in London on Friday next week as part of the Platinum Jubilee to celebrate the queen’s 70-year reign, Buckingham Palace announced Thursday. Controversially, the queen’s disgraced son Prince Andrew will also attend the Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s Cathedral. The Sussex children Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, will not attend the ceremony. The palace has declined to confirm whether or not the queen herself will attend the service, with sources saying her confirmation will only be confirmed on the day. Meghan and Harry are likely to come face-to-face with Prince William and Kate Middleton, representing the first time the inlaws have met up in person since an awkward encounter at the commonwealth service at Westminster Abbey in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2022 2:26 PM

I predict that Charles will never include Beatrice in the set of working royals. First, he has said he wants the number of working royals to be few. Second, he seems to want anything that connects with Andrew and Sarah to be as far in the background as possible. She was asked to work the crowd at the recent garden party by the Queen, not Charles. The idea that Charles will need Beatrice (and perhaps Harry and Meghan) because there are just so many demands is fallacious. The number of patronages can expand or contract based on how many the royal family agrees to. The constitutionally required events (reading of the Queen's speech, meeting with the Prime Minister) are for the monarch alone. Charles will get by with Camilla, the Cambridges, the Wessexes, and Anne, with the Gloucesters and Kents in reserve. And, as was noted above, the Government will never let the Sussexes be half-in and half-out.

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote]Ohhhh get the popcorn: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will attend a key church service in London on Friday next week as part of the Platinum Jubilee to celebrate the queen’s 70-year reign, Buckingham Palace announced Thursday.

Those RACIST SADISTS!!!!!!!

Meghan herself said: "Even down to like the National Anthem. No one thought to say, 'Oh, you're American, you're not gonna know that.' That's me late at night googling what's the National Anthem, I've got to learn this, I don't want to embarrass them. I need to learn these three hymns for church, all of this is televised, we were doing the training behind the scenes because I just wanted to make them proud."

And now they are putting her through it again.

How will she ever be OK?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2022 2:42 PM

Seriously, who doesn't know God Save the Queen? Lyricswise, it's not exactly Bohemian Rhapsody.

by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2022 2:53 PM

Wish more mainstream outlets would pick this story up:

Prince Harry has been accused of deceiving people by lifting the polo cup for footage for Netflix when his polo team did not win the trophy.

According to reports, the final for the Lisle Cup is due to be played on Sunday.

A report said the Lisle Cup was on the stage for display. Their quarter final prizes were the boxes they were holding.

The cup will be presented to the winners on Sunday after the finals by the promoter.

The cup was on display on the stage used by both quarter final winning teams. Critics are targeting Harry for hoisting the trophy.

It was the same event where Meghan Markle was criticized for wiping Harry's face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2022 3:00 PM

They were only following their dream! That photo was aspirational self-actualization of overcoming shame and trauma in a healthy environment, sunscreened.

by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2022 3:03 PM

Meghan is "manifesting".

by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2022 5:57 PM

Sort of like Rudy Guiliani was manifesting at the Four Seasons presser?

by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2022 6:00 PM

For all their humanitarian bluster, they are right wingers to the core.

by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2022 6:03 PM

R53 R64 Beatrice is the older one, with the reddish hair and the Italian husband. I don’t think he’s openly cheated on her yet. He does have that ex-baby mama that hangs around. The Italian is pro-monarchy. Beatrice, by some miracle, has managed to keep a reasonably good figure after having a kid.

Eugenie is the younger one, married to the tequila peddler, who was caught cavorting on a yacht with some scantily clad babes for “work.” She’s the dark haired, heiffer one. Yuge is huge.

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2022 6:04 PM

R70. That was one of the most absurd moments in the Oprah interview. It is one of the claims that should have alerted Oprah, despite her limited intellect and total lack of preparation, that this pair were full of it. If it was deplorable of her in-laws not to teach her the national anthem, what can you say of a husband who doesn’t lift a finger to help her? Hadn’t he heard the anthem a time or two? If the in-laws staff are blameworthy because they couldn’t save her from suicide, isn’t it slightly more unseemly that her husband couldn’t be bothered to help her?

Of course, the very assumption that she should have been assisted with learning the national anthem is absurd. If she worked an ordinary job, would she go to her boss for information readily available on the internet.? Would she expect her boss to print directions for client visits?

by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2022 6:05 PM

The photo at R70 was when everyone was remarking how she now looks exactly like her mom. Smeg was so horrified, she made Dimwit issue a comment about how "Meghan is still the same woman I married."

by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2022 6:06 PM

Matronly deeply middle aged Meg.

by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2022 6:28 PM

Oh dear god, she’s just been papped in Uvalde laying a bouquet of flowers.

Why don’t you just go flush yourself down a toilet somewhere, Markle.

by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2022 6:49 PM

Fuck, it's true. That scheming pig.

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2022 6:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2022 6:54 PM

“Baited breath.”

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2022 6:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2022 6:55 PM

[bold]BEARKING!!!![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2022 6:55 PM

LOL and her connection with Texas is what, exactly? And who's private plane did she borrow for this stunt? I'm just surprised that she didn't merch the flowers.

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2022 7:06 PM

Was her bodyguard armed?

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2022 7:08 PM

R77 Thanks for that clarification. The cheater did cheat - on his ex partner and baby momma- when he started seeing his now wife on the side. The ex and her family were caught like deers in a headlight.

The timeline of break up and starting dating was murky at best. He is a superb social climber, the husband. Would be nowhere without his wealthy stepfather's connections.

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2022 7:11 PM

R85 she was so incognito she brought her security guard and allegedly a photographer. Meanwhile her father is in a hospital near death..........

by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2022 7:21 PM

Sorry if it's true she arrived with a photographer (which I'm guessing she did given these photos are HD perfect quality, not taken by an phone cam) that is truly disgusting.

I know some of her fans are comparing it to when Catherine went to place flowers on Sarah Everard's memorial, but Catherine truly went incognito. It was only because people there capture her on their phones that the news got out.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2022 7:27 PM

I wish I could believe this was a genuine act of compassion---

by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2022 7:31 PM

Kate also didn't travel 1,200 miles to do it.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2022 7:35 PM

Did she go to Texas specifically for this photo op?????

by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2022 8:02 PM

It’s not a photo op, it’s humanitarian work!!!

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2022 8:05 PM

R94, she had no other reason to go. Very environmentally conscious, among other things.

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2022 8:13 PM

Who does she think she's impressing?

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2022 8:15 PM

And more photographers present......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2022 8:29 PM

From the article at R98: "she walked in with her crew . . ."

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2022 8:37 PM

Yeah, interesting in that link at R98, if the gals thought she was a neighbor, why, in the midst of all this sadness, take a picture of yourselves and a neighbor you don't know??

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2022 8:43 PM

R99 One of Buzzfeeds editors is now trying to spin this saying they were given the picture of Megz by someone there, but they are not denying she came with her own camera crew.

by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2022 9:10 PM

This vile fucking pig.

by Anonymousreply 102May 26, 2022 9:22 PM

This famewhore is so predictable, it would be hilarious if there wasn't the shooting, i. e. the horrible incident she's now trying to make about herself here.

by Anonymousreply 103May 26, 2022 9:25 PM

All those lines fed to Buzzfeed are no doubt rehearsed.

by Anonymousreply 104May 26, 2022 9:27 PM

Wouldn't you have waited until after the President had visited?

by Anonymousreply 105May 26, 2022 9:27 PM

She didn't go to Buffalo though, did she?

Quelle surprise . . . kids killed at school provide more attention than some people killed at a supermarket.

She's such a shameless asshole.

by Anonymousreply 106May 26, 2022 9:29 PM

R105. Yeah. On the other hand she’s so insignificant it hardly matters. It’s about as notable as Jim Bob from the car shop coming to pay hi respects before the president.

by Anonymousreply 107May 26, 2022 9:30 PM

This is fucking obscene. Even for Meghan Markle, this is a new low. These people are 48 hours outside of shock and grief. And she shows up with a team of photogs filming her every move, and couldn't even be bothered to comb her hair and put on something that was somewhat respectful????!!!

Jesus. Just - I can't. I just can't. Using 19 dead children to big yourself up.

Biden is the President of the United States. He's supposed to show up and even he managed to wait a few more days.

And how come she didn't show up when those ten black people were killed in Buffalo?! Not as good a photo op as children?

She's disgusting. She is truly, truly a disgusting human being.

by Anonymousreply 108May 26, 2022 9:31 PM

She didn't go to Buffalo because it didn't benefit her and the only black prop she wants around her is her mom.

by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2022 9:32 PM

FFS. Why is she there??? If anyone needed proof that she’s a complete fame whore, an absolute narcissist, and the lowest of low - well, there you have it. Vile and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2022 9:35 PM

Her people released a statement to the media saying Meghan visited the memorial in her "private capacity." Please remind me what her official capacity is again?

by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2022 9:41 PM

Apparently this camera (hard to see in the photo) has the Netflix logo on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2022 9:42 PM

You just know it took everything inside her to not find the camera and smile.

by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2022 9:43 PM

An alleged report from a reddit person in a press crew that is there in Uvalde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2022 9:43 PM

Comment from Buzzfeed poster: on site

"Yes. She did. I’m here as part of a press team and this entitled brat shows up with a team of several people and is trying to make it a godd*** spectacle! A Texas Ranger told her team to fuck off because it’s the site of a literal massacre, not a celebrity photo op."

And nobody mention Kate attending the memorial for Sarah Everard. She didn't bring a camera crew with her, and was one of many members of the public attending.

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2022 9:43 PM

Why does she bring food to everything? Does she get it free at the food bank? Does a school shooting disrupt the local food supply chain?

by Anonymousreply 116May 26, 2022 9:48 PM

What a nasty piece of work she is. Tried to bribe her way in with sandwiches.

Fuck off, cunt. This is not about you and your slimy reality show.

by Anonymousreply 117May 26, 2022 9:48 PM

here she is with her photographer......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Someone should have gone up and kicked her right in the culo. Fucking animal.

by Anonymousreply 119May 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Every time you think she can't go any lower, she comes up with a despicable stunt like this one.

by Anonymousreply 120May 26, 2022 9:51 PM

She is getting pasted from every quarter. The couple of journos half-heartedly trying to give her cover are also getting pasted.

The DM should do the follow-up story of the Netflix camera crew she brought with her and how upset people were that she tried to go to the school.

She couldn't even bother to comb that mess she calls hair, pin it up or something, and wear a sober outfit. She didn't have to come draped in black, but ffs, jeans, trainers, and a white tee and baseball cap?! Is that her attempt at an, Oh, I'm just one of the People? performance?!

My God, I really didn't think she could go any lower in her thirst for attention.

And were I black and a member of the Buffalo community that lost ten people last week, I'd be outraged.

Yaaassss, Meghan - sweet little Latino children and you there as a Mum of two . . .

But you couldn't shuffle off to Buffalo as the fucking WoC you pretend you are sometimes to weep with those stricken people, did you?

by Anonymousreply 121May 26, 2022 9:52 PM

It this point I would believe all of even the very worst stories circulated about her if she is willing to do this publicly.

by Anonymousreply 122May 26, 2022 9:52 PM

R116 to be fair-ish, it's kind of the default to tragedies. People bring food.

by Anonymousreply 123May 26, 2022 9:53 PM

Well, she got her Money Shot for the reality show.

Meanwhile, her dad still can't speak or swallow on his own and she apparently has no intent to visit him. I guess they don't think that would be quite as heartrending.

by Anonymousreply 124May 26, 2022 9:54 PM

R123. Really? It’s not really done thing I would bring to a school shooting site.

by Anonymousreply 125May 26, 2022 9:56 PM

Given that Meghan regularly fakes conversations with people who aren't even engaging with her, you'd think faking singing the National Anthem would be a cake walk.

by Anonymousreply 126May 26, 2022 9:56 PM

It's too much to process that anyone can be so self absorbed.

A community in pain and grief over such a terrible mass murder. The press attention must be bad enough, but shit turds like this using them for "caring persona" publicity is just sick as fuck.

I have never said I hate her but now I certainly do.

by Anonymousreply 127May 26, 2022 9:56 PM

This trashy bitch went to Uvalde to get publicity. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 128May 26, 2022 9:57 PM

R125 she brought it to the blood drive, not the school. People need food when giving blood.

by Anonymousreply 129May 26, 2022 9:58 PM

What do you want to bet she tries to get some kind of op with Beto?

by Anonymousreply 130May 26, 2022 9:59 PM

She's vulgar. Her ass clown husband is no better.

by Anonymousreply 131May 26, 2022 10:00 PM

R121, nobody should be outraged in Buffalo. She adds zero value to anywhere she goes doesn’t and doesn’t truly give a shit. This is a giant publicity stunt and not surprising in the least.

by Anonymousreply 132May 26, 2022 10:01 PM

R123 - It's common for neighbors to bring food to stricken families in the community when death strikes a household, so they don't have to cook - also to help look after young kids, help with the house.

That's appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 133May 26, 2022 10:01 PM

R130 it'd be hilarious to see him shut her down. He's busy trying to HELP

by Anonymousreply 134May 26, 2022 10:01 PM

Beto avoids celebrities like the plague.

by Anonymousreply 135May 26, 2022 10:01 PM

Hey Meggy, go storm the homes of Teddy and the other republicans. Talk to them about gun control.

by Anonymousreply 136May 26, 2022 10:02 PM

I'm kind of stunned at the length of this manic episode. On the fashion front, she looks like chunky shit. And the linty weave is back.

by Anonymousreply 137May 26, 2022 10:03 PM

R129, I’ve been giving blood for 30 years. There is always food and drink provided already. And you’re supposed to just eat something light, afterwards, like crackers or cookies. Not fucking sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 138May 26, 2022 10:05 PM

Dry, linty, patchy weave.

by Anonymousreply 139May 26, 2022 10:05 PM

Fuck her. Seriously, fuck this cold, soulless, snake-eyed, heartless, conniving predator of a bitch. Get the fuck out of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 140May 26, 2022 10:09 PM

The food bringing is awesome! Who doesn't like a nice bag of Doritos after a school shooting?

by Anonymousreply 141May 26, 2022 10:09 PM

R123. The key word os neighbours. Should Biden bring some meatloaf when he visits?

by Anonymousreply 142May 26, 2022 10:12 PM

I just read an excellent comment on reddit.

She won't go visit her father because he spoke to the media and took pap photos. That was his crime.

She WILL however go visit the BRF who she said were racist to her, made her want to kill herself, held her prisoner without her passport, wouldn't help her with the press, didn't ask her if she was o.k., didn't give her kid a title, made her cry at dress fittings and didn't teach her the lyrics to national songs, etc. etc.

Yeah that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 143May 26, 2022 10:15 PM

Her bots are all over twitter defending her. They claim she donated blood.

Did I mention the bots coming out of the woodwork all have hispanic names or claim to be "latina"

This bitch is a monster.

by Anonymousreply 144May 26, 2022 10:22 PM

She pretended to bake banana bread in Australia. She gave inner city kids boxes of vegetable. She sent some olive oil cake across the country or the world. She takes sandwiches to a mass shooting. She has some weird food giving obsession. Maybe it’s just a cheap thing to give. Or she still relishes the fact that her chicken roasting skills bagged her a prince.

by Anonymousreply 145May 26, 2022 10:23 PM

She's got a Netflix crew in tow so she can exploit the tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 146May 26, 2022 10:24 PM

We know.

by Anonymousreply 147May 26, 2022 10:29 PM

Stop with the fucking food already. If you know this cunt, you know damned well this was a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 148May 26, 2022 10:35 PM

Only friends and neighbors customarily bring food, R123. Not a stranger.

She’s shameless. Maybe Harry ducked out of going with her PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 149May 26, 2022 10:42 PM

Pinche vieja pendeja perra. Que ce quite ala verga la marana puta.

by Anonymousreply 150May 26, 2022 10:45 PM

She'll end up in front of their house with her filming crew in tow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 26, 2022 10:46 PM

Where is Harry? AS A FATHER, doesn’t he care? Or is it just MOTHERS who care about dead children?

(Also, two adults died, but fuck them, right?)

by Anonymousreply 152May 26, 2022 10:46 PM

It's hard to know if this was her pea-brained idea, or if it came from her PR flacks, or Netflix (hoping to breathe some life into their soon-to-be epic fail series), but when you consider the cost of ME-ghan's first-class travel and the transport for her entourage, all that money could have gone directly to the victims' families instead, with better effect.

True philanthropists tend to work quietly, without calling attention to themselves. But the Dumbell of Sussex wastes a chunk of dough just to be photographed presenting sandwiches, and looking solemn at the memorial. I'm reminded of Edina Monsoon's line. "Tears, sweetie, Sad!"

You can be sure the cost of this junket will be picked up by their 'foundation' or charged to their Netflix budget.

by Anonymousreply 153May 26, 2022 10:47 PM

No amount of stunting will erase the fact this cunt is one of the world’s biggest assholes. Dressed all dirty to show she’s Joe Public but not forgetting her Cartier bling. Bringing a camera crew and her “team” to do a Costco run to bring sandwiches. Pretending like she’s some kind of official. All the while her elderly father is in the hospital. She has zero self-awareness and is a truly malignant narcissist. It’s all about publicity on the backs of dead children.

Nope, NutMeg, no amount of snack size Fritos erases the fact you are an ASSHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 154May 26, 2022 10:48 PM

She’s probably high as a kite on mania, patting herself on the back that she was FIRST to get there.

She doesn’t realize why no other celebrities rushed there to perform.

by Anonymousreply 155May 26, 2022 10:50 PM

I wouldn't doubt she did this, in part, to take the attention away from that embarrassing polo trophy spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 156May 26, 2022 10:53 PM

Huh? Have you ever seen her, ever, dial it back? She was not embarrassed in the slightest at the polo.

by Anonymousreply 157May 26, 2022 10:56 PM

She was angry that they were exposed. The small attendance, the rent a stage on a tractor, etc. This takes the focus off how pathetic it was.

by Anonymousreply 158May 26, 2022 10:58 PM

Narcissistic Personality Disorder on display. People ought to loudly threaten a boycott of Netflix over this outrageous publicity stunt. MM and Netflix are all a bunch of low class whores!

by Anonymousreply 159May 26, 2022 11:02 PM

Harry's busy playing polo

by Anonymousreply 160May 26, 2022 11:04 PM

I wonder if this is her flight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 26, 2022 11:09 PM

If so , that was an awful quick visit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 26, 2022 11:10 PM

Maybe she figured it was good that no celebs showed up so she could hog the spot light! This was her only chance. Bet the BRF are even shocked at this latest stunt of hers.

by Anonymousreply 163May 26, 2022 11:12 PM

Why would she fly to Van Nuys airport? Surely Santa Barbara has air strips

by Anonymousreply 164May 26, 2022 11:13 PM

Please R158, give us some proof for your feverish frau fiction type assertion that Markle was "angry" at "being exposed." I will wait!

by Anonymousreply 165May 26, 2022 11:18 PM

But surely you all see where this is leading to: Meghan's New Cause .... drum-roll please....GUN CONTROL! She'll try to be the "IT" spokesperson injecting herself into the the whole maelstrom. She'll be the 'voice-of- reason', because you know, she's a mother of two, a duchess, a person of color, blah, blah, blah .... but you know the Netflix reality show is going to try to big her up that way.

by Anonymousreply 166May 26, 2022 11:21 PM

I'm trying to think what I would do if I were in her position. I would donate and fund raise for help with medical expenses and funerals, I'd send therapy dogs and therapists. It would never occur to me to visit and leave white roses, Diana's trademark, at a tribute site.

The key in these situations is to ask: What do these peopnle want? What do they need? You'd never say, "Oh, I bet they'd love to see me in person.

by Anonymousreply 167May 26, 2022 11:23 PM

so she flies private does she? the great ecologist!

by Anonymousreply 168May 26, 2022 11:23 PM

She can start by calling a meeting with Texas GOP. I'm sure she's the only person they will listen to. Maybe she'll show up protesting in Houston at the NRA convention. With camera crew at the ready of course.

by Anonymousreply 169May 26, 2022 11:24 PM

The cost of this excursion would have gone a long way toward helping the families affected in whatever they need at this time.

by Anonymousreply 170May 26, 2022 11:25 PM

Yeah, Meghan needs to go to the NRA convention and talk sense to Trump!

by Anonymousreply 171May 26, 2022 11:26 PM

Remember how they complained about how difficult it was for them to operate within the royal family and how they silenced her? This is the kind of stuff the palace probably had to stifle every single set.

by Anonymousreply 172May 26, 2022 11:26 PM

Duchess of Sussex wows at the NRA convention!

by Anonymousreply 173May 26, 2022 11:28 PM

I would have quietly donated the money it cost to pay the photographers and fly all the way there and back. Of course, then I wouldn't be able to show how virtuous I am.

by Anonymousreply 174May 26, 2022 11:28 PM

The duchess can do a whole skit where she goes around interviewing the attendees, ala Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

by Anonymousreply 175May 26, 2022 11:32 PM

Didn't trump tell harry he felt sorry for him having married meghan?

by Anonymousreply 176May 26, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]This is fucking obscene. Even for Meghan Markle, this is a new low. These people are 48 hours outside of shock and grief. And she shows up with a team of photogs filming her every move, and couldn't even be bothered to comb her hair and put on something that was somewhat respectful????!!!

[quote]Jesus. Just - I can't. I just can't. Using 19 dead children to big yourself up.

[quote]Biden is the President of the United States. He's supposed to show up and even he managed to wait a few more days.

[quote]And how come she didn't show up when those ten black people were killed in Buffalo?! Not as good a photo op as children?

[quote] [bold]She's disgusting. She is truly, truly a disgusting human being.[/bold]

Of all the shameless stunts she’s pulled, this is the lowest. Truly unbelievable.

Meghan Markle is repulsive, repugnant and utterly vile.

by Anonymousreply 177May 26, 2022 11:40 PM

Isn't she lovely?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 26, 2022 11:42 PM

She had to be high to have thought this charade up, and I cn't believe that her PR people and even netflix agreed to green-light it.

by Anonymousreply 179May 26, 2022 11:43 PM

She's too stupid to get out of her own way.

by Anonymousreply 180May 26, 2022 11:50 PM

No one knew who she was but they took staged photos with her and the food she brought.

by Anonymousreply 181May 26, 2022 11:53 PM

Warning! The toothpick legs at R178 cannot be un-seen.

by Anonymousreply 182May 27, 2022 12:16 AM

Can we please extradite her back to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 183May 27, 2022 12:18 AM

I know he brought it on himself, and he's an adult, etc, but I am starting to feel sorry for Harry. One, he's apparently rather simple and easily manipulated; and two, he's married to that maniacal Markle monster. It must be a nightmarish life.

by Anonymousreply 184May 27, 2022 12:26 AM

He's her accomplice, not her victim

by Anonymousreply 185May 27, 2022 12:27 AM

This dumb fucking bitch just cant help putting the wrong foot forward every single time ! No matter what she or Harry do,it just ends up making them look so bad. One could almost believe theres a goddamn curse on them . How can someone fuck up every single time ?

by Anonymousreply 186May 27, 2022 12:41 AM

Did she bring copies of The Bench?

by Anonymousreply 187May 27, 2022 12:52 AM

Harry’s busy banging pros. He’s got 24 hours to get as many nuts as possible.

by Anonymousreply 188May 27, 2022 1:01 AM

Look, I don't usually jump on the Meghan hate bandwagon but this bitch ignores her [probably] dying father, flies to Texas with a photographer and allegedly a Netflix cameraperson. Gets to a memorial that most regular people probably can't get near right now due to security, leaves flowers than is photographed in what appears to be her looking at the photos her photographer took......this is just sick! Who is she? She's a nobody. She's not an elected official, she is not the president, she has no connection to this at all. And yet her people say she is there in an unofficial capacity, problem is she has no official capacity at all.

by Anonymousreply 189May 27, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote] Maybe she figured it was good that no celebs showed up so she could hog the spot light!

She didn’t stop to wonder why no one else was using the opportunity to her publicity? She didn’t wonder why she was the only famous person to swan around with a camera crew.

She’s the turd in the punch bowl but she thinks she’s the lump of sherbet.

by Anonymousreply 190May 27, 2022 1:05 AM

In R178 you can see her double chin.

by Anonymousreply 191May 27, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote] In [R178] you can see her double chin.

And the extensions vs her real hair. What a pathetic showing. Don’t they have hair weavers in Montecito?

by Anonymousreply 192May 27, 2022 1:29 AM

She’s a dream for Netflix Unscripted because she will literally do ANYTHING. The “Impractical Jokers” guys would hate her, because she’d win every challenge. She has no shame, no boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 193May 27, 2022 1:32 AM

Did the people there really not know who she was? I can believe it because I’ve always thought that many Americans don’t follow the BRF these days.

by Anonymousreply 194May 27, 2022 1:37 AM

I would imagine most Americans would not recognize her.

by Anonymousreply 195May 27, 2022 1:39 AM

Who's loonier? Meghan Markle or Jussie Smollett?

by Anonymousreply 196May 27, 2022 1:44 AM

R195, most Americans would wonder who the fuck that lady is with the camera crew and bodyguards, wanting them to line up and take a photo after she crashed their blood drive.

Those women look shell-shocked. Shame on her for ambushing these disoriented women and their innate hospitality.

by Anonymousreply 197May 27, 2022 1:45 AM

I used to think her I Q, although not high, significantly exceeded that of her husband. I have begun to reevaluate that belief.

by Anonymousreply 198May 27, 2022 1:51 AM

Imagine needing content that badly.

And the hair length, ye gods. She and Kate are in some kind of staring contest, which apparently won’t end until both have hair dragging on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 199May 27, 2022 1:55 AM

I can imagine Kate and Camilla cackling together over what a completely clueless stunt this was,

by Anonymousreply 200May 27, 2022 1:56 AM

Not cackling. Shaking their heads. Like anyone else with a brain.

by Anonymousreply 201May 27, 2022 1:58 AM

R199, you can see the delineation between her real hair and the extensions. Britney Spears had the same issue. It’s not easy to get it right when the client wants to be Rapunzel. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 202May 27, 2022 2:19 AM

If she makes an appearance in any official capacity at the Jubilee after this vile stunt, the public revulsion will be enormous. I can’t imagine many Britons want her to be associated with their country.

by Anonymousreply 203May 27, 2022 2:26 AM

I’m still cracking up that she’s the only celeb to show up in Uvalde. (Anderson Pooper doesn’t count, as he’s a reporter.)

It’s like being delighted to beat everyone to the shower at Auschwitz.

by Anonymousreply 204May 27, 2022 2:41 AM

The other thread about Meghan visiting Uvalde just got reported to Meghans Lawyers and some Site or group that monitors and prosecutes hate speech and threats to life. It's made its way into a private group on LSA and they are about to report it to some media watchdog group and hate speech ethics group. It's also on black twitter with people commenting that they are going to see if Datalounge is liable. Apparently people on the the thread were wanting to snap Meghans ankles etc. Dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 205May 27, 2022 3:28 AM

I think Susan Richardson tried, but she had to take the bus.

by Anonymousreply 206May 27, 2022 3:31 AM

Well look who’s here in R205 - it’s the lunatic who believes that the FBI, CIA, MI5 and LAPD are monitoring little old Datalounge because people are mean about Narkle.

I guess you’re frantically collecting static IP addresses as we speak, eh R205?

And you call other people “dumbasses”? You’re as stupid and unhinged as it’s possible to be. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 207May 27, 2022 3:35 AM

R205, Ooooh are they going to pinpoint their locations via IP address? And they’d better call Interpol, FBI, CIA, DARPA and MI5! And MI6 and Scotland Yard and Mossad and the Aspen Institute Commission on Misinformation.

by Anonymousreply 208May 27, 2022 3:35 AM

Snowballing on black Twitter…about to explode…authorities have been alerted…internet wide etc etc

by Anonymousreply 209May 27, 2022 3:38 AM

Did someone say they wanted to snap Markle’s ankles? I didn’t see that.

I slandered her feet by calling them size 11s. Uh oh. What if it’s not true and she’s a size 12? Can I go to prison for that?

by Anonymousreply 210May 27, 2022 3:38 AM

Say your goodbyes, R210 - the authorities are already on their way.

by Anonymousreply 211May 27, 2022 3:39 AM

R205 I’ve been contacted by the Bilderberg Group looking for you - this could be MAJOR.

by Anonymousreply 212May 27, 2022 3:41 AM

^LOL

by Anonymousreply 213May 27, 2022 3:41 AM

R211, you can have my stuff.

Goodbye, cruel Datalounge. I hardly knew ye.

by Anonymousreply 214May 27, 2022 3:41 AM

Nobody makes jokes about the Duchess’s feet - not on my watch.

by Anonymousreply 215May 27, 2022 3:42 AM

That First Amendment is bonkers!

by Anonymousreply 216May 27, 2022 3:54 AM

Has anybody asked if her Dad's OK?

by Anonymousreply 217May 27, 2022 3:54 AM

I just want our beloved loon R205 to at least post links to these nefarious, and racist posts on DL. I also would like to see these alleged hate groups. Did Interpol, and The Hague swear you to secrecy? Are you not worried you're going to blow your cover posting here in this high stakes game of espionage!?

by Anonymousreply 218May 27, 2022 3:55 AM

Reddit is way worse than here. Will we be jailed with them, R205?

by Anonymousreply 219May 27, 2022 4:00 AM

Hilarious. I hope that means she reads the thread.

by Anonymousreply 220May 27, 2022 4:01 AM

Hate speech, apart from true threats of violence, is legal in the US and protected by the First Amendment.. Hate crimes, such as painting racial epithets on their home, are not. British courts have no jurisdiction over US citizens. Nor is it defamatory to say Meghan has bad extensions because this does not lower her community standing except on DL. Saying she had a netflix crew in tow may be false or not, but it is a reasonable supposition based on her past conduct and the press announcements..

Nothing said here is actionable under any stretch of the imagination although some comments may be offensive. If your theory had any plausibility, half the internet would cease to exist.

by Anonymousreply 221May 27, 2022 4:01 AM

I love r205’s vague and passive voice. Authorities have been called. IP addresses are being traced. Some people are looking into legal options. It kinda sorta seems declarative, but it’s impotent. It’s almost endearing.

by Anonymousreply 222May 27, 2022 4:05 AM

Clarification. British courts have no jurisdiction over Americans who are not on British soil and whose alleged offense did not occur there.

by Anonymousreply 223May 27, 2022 4:05 AM

I dont know about you R219, but I hope we are not housed in the same prison block as The Daily Mail commenters!

by Anonymousreply 224May 27, 2022 4:05 AM

OMG Interpol is knocking down my door right now.....

R222 No thread about Meghan and Harry is complete without R205's claims that were literally seconds away from being mass incarcerated because we don't like Meghan Markle. This has been going on for two years now.

by Anonymousreply 225May 27, 2022 4:15 AM

Fuck you MM! Hell is too good for your wide, flat, rancid ass.

by Anonymousreply 226May 27, 2022 4:15 AM

I had no idea LSA is used to vet possible cases for the DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 227May 27, 2022 4:15 AM

Oh SHIT, I was the one who posted that I wanted to kick Markle's flat ass and hoped her toothpick ankles snapped in the process. What will happen to me?? I will never see the sun again, will I!!

by Anonymousreply 228May 27, 2022 4:34 AM

We will still be here when you make parole, r228.

by Anonymousreply 229May 27, 2022 4:43 AM

R228, marry me.

by Anonymousreply 230May 27, 2022 4:44 AM

Can someone link the other thread? The one we're discussing, that's about to get us all arrested and charged with Megdition? I cannot find it. Has the FBI nuked it??!

by Anonymousreply 231May 27, 2022 4:46 AM

Just for you R231. Be warned - you’ll be tracked simply clicking on the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 27, 2022 4:49 AM

Pssst, remember the goose flies at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 233May 27, 2022 4:51 AM

The eagle has landed. Chicken, rather…

by Anonymousreply 234May 27, 2022 4:54 AM

The ginger whinger feeds chickens at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 235May 27, 2022 5:00 AM

So is she done with all that? Is the attendant on her private jet bringing her a glass of organic champagne chilled to 37 degrees? What are her numbers now? Did they go up? Did the bots deploy on time?

by Anonymousreply 236May 27, 2022 5:01 AM

My Dad? Is my Dad okay?

Did you ever think to ask if I’m okay R217?

by Anonymousreply 237May 27, 2022 6:45 AM

[quote]I can imagine Kate and Camilla cackling together over what a completely clueless stunt this was,

I imagine Kate, Pippa and Carole all having burner phones they use to exclusively discuss the latest episode of The Real Housewife of Monteshitto.

by Anonymousreply 238May 27, 2022 11:06 AM

Oh dear. Are we in jail yet?

by Anonymousreply 239May 27, 2022 11:20 AM

R239, I think we got away with it this time. But they know who we are and we’ve been reported… your IP address is in the database…

by Anonymousreply 240May 27, 2022 11:28 AM

R230, you won't get out of testifying that easily! There is no spousal protection in British courts which have no jurisdiction over Americans who are not on British soil and whose alleged offense did not occur there. I hope you look good in stripes.

by Anonymousreply 241May 27, 2022 11:54 AM

Vertical stripes are slimming, thank God!

by Anonymousreply 242May 27, 2022 12:26 PM

Think again, Fat Whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 27, 2022 12:33 PM

Bonus points for using Hayward, surely?

by Anonymousreply 244May 27, 2022 12:35 PM

I am dumbfounded at the profound lack of insight, empathy, timing and common sense this woman exhibits on a daily basis. I have refrained from saying anything negative about her, assuming that what I read about her was probably a caricature of some kind. This stunt has pushed me over the edge and I feel like this is the only venue in which I can express my deep, abiding hatred for her now. What a completely loathsome performance. She deserves every bit of derision she's going to receive, if anyone even noticed her and her entourage. Gad.

by Anonymousreply 245May 27, 2022 12:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 27, 2022 12:40 PM

Spousal privilege? Criminal penalties for saying Meghan has a fat ass and toothpick legs? British court jurisdiction when Datalounge is not a British company and Meghan is not a British citizen and as far as I know, I'm not either..

I do look good in stripes as well as polka dots but favor neutral solids. Your tinfoil chapeau is quite stylish, too.

Meghan's childishness and legendary thin skin are reassuring in that it makes her unfit for public office.

by Anonymousreply 247May 27, 2022 12:48 PM

R243, I was hoping more for the Auschwitz fashion treatment, given the magnitude of the crime:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 27, 2022 12:58 PM

What’s with these two and their hard-on for Texas?

by Anonymousreply 249May 27, 2022 2:44 PM

I tell you, watching the gyrations of the Klan Granny Troll as she twists herself into pretzels trying to come up with another plausible threat against Meghan's critics is only slightly more amusing than Meghan's inability to read a room.

So, according to the Annoying Troll thread, she's is really the infamous notasugarhere [sic] from Celebitchy?

Should have guessed.

by Anonymousreply 250May 27, 2022 3:07 PM

A visible black bra under a white tee shirt to honour 19 dead kids?!

Really?! A 22 year old knows better than that.

Well, it's about the 4th outfit in which she's directed the eye to her foundation garments.

The armpits and unbuttoned top at the con Straubenzee wedding, ditto the denim blouse top button accidentally left open in the South Africa tour, the transparent skirt in Australia, the infamously outlined strapless bra in the grey Roland Mouret dress in Ireland, and, of course, the same strapless visibly outlined in that green Cruella dress she wore on her last time in the Abbey.

And now, a black bra under a white tee shirt.

Do we see a pattern here?

by Anonymousreply 251May 27, 2022 3:16 PM

^*a 12 year old (not a 22 year old)

by Anonymousreply 252May 27, 2022 3:18 PM

Okay so generally I've found Meghan and Harry an amusing distraction; basically two celebrities of little talent or ability with giant egos and completely unaware of anything but themselves. But this student in Texas is just disgusting.

People on Twitter are pointing out the fact that at the polo game last weekend, H&M's security were busy pushing media away from the couple (only Netflix & their personal photographers were allowed near them), but here media were allowed to get right up into Meghan's face. Also the audacity of Meghan to bring her security guard to what is probably, at the moment, a memorial with a heavy police presence.

by Anonymousreply 253May 27, 2022 4:16 PM

R253 That should be stunt in texas.....

by Anonymousreply 254May 27, 2022 4:19 PM

Jesus! This footage appears to show Meghan leaving the memorial with at least three photographers.............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 27, 2022 5:19 PM

Unfucking believable. She is a fucking cockroach. Spread it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 27, 2022 7:18 PM

Fuck you Smeg, fuck you every time you take a breath you mutherfucking horrendous cunt.

by Anonymousreply 257May 27, 2022 7:26 PM

I expect that none of this will make it in to the clown-show 'docu-series' now that netflix is aware of the monumental blow-back it is receiving.

by Anonymousreply 258May 27, 2022 7:34 PM

Wanna bet she will blame the vicious media for hounding her in this heartfelt moment of private grieving?

by Anonymousreply 259May 27, 2022 7:49 PM

R259, her crazy fangirls already do. Just take a look at some of the posts in the thread linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260May 27, 2022 8:24 PM

Please, oh please use that for any new threads = "Meghan Markle Latches On To Random Dead Kids For Publicity."

"Meghan Markle Latches On To Random Dead Kids For Relevancy."

by Anonymousreply 261May 27, 2022 8:47 PM

They are finished and have been for some time. Why are they debasing themselves by trying things like this? Nothing will turn the tide at this point. Nothing is going to make them interesting or marketable. They need to accept reality and develop a financial pls

by Anonymousreply 262May 27, 2022 9:02 PM

I presume she was trying to flaunt herself as such a compassionate person while her father is dying in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 263May 27, 2022 9:13 PM

A clearer mind might think harder about methods to 'turn the tide. Jumping on little coffins ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 264May 27, 2022 9:29 PM

I really don't understand how she could do this and think nobody would notice the photographer and camera crew. I knew she was smarter than Harry but it seems like not by much.

by Anonymousreply 265May 27, 2022 10:05 PM

Interesting that Harry didn't go though. Either he had better sense than her -- or he was busy doing something more fun. I really think it might be the former - it would blow back on the BRF if he started getting involved in remotely-political shit... and of course, she's already elbowed her way into that world (or so she thinks). Endorsed by our president's sister no less (ugh - I do realize the poor woman was cornered about that and was just being polite but still...)

by Anonymousreply 266May 28, 2022 1:20 AM

I think that appearance officialised the end of their American dream. There was already little appeal to corporations or foundations to associate with them. Who would want them now?

by Anonymousreply 267May 28, 2022 1:26 AM

We'll see if any mainstream US outlet will report on Meghan's little performance art in Uvalde.

by Anonymousreply 268May 28, 2022 1:28 AM

It’s fascinating the HMTQ enables the toxic duo. According to the press, she is looking forward to seeing them soon at the Jubilee.

With all their appalling behavior, throwing their titles all around, and abuse that they hit others with, this is not a good look for the BRF.

The Queen began this sh*tshow by giving them titles. She seems to be tacitly supporting them by doing virtually nothing with all their global antics.

Isn’t HMTQ the Head of State?

by Anonymousreply 269May 28, 2022 1:29 AM

Well, Harry was born with a title - not sure he could be stripped of all of his titles - though he could voluntarily give them up.

Unless they passed some laws or something. Now maybe they could figure out how to ditch her and the kids (not really sure about the kids either - his father will likely be king)

by Anonymousreply 270May 28, 2022 1:33 AM

Do you think anyone could influence those two? Really? After all this time and shitshow?

by Anonymousreply 271May 28, 2022 1:34 AM

Who said she’s looking forward to it? Omid Scobie? She certainly didn’t get carried away on their last visit. She probably spends more time each day with her dogs.

by Anonymousreply 272May 28, 2022 1:36 AM

She has to say she's looking forward to meeting Lilibet and seeing little Archie. You'd have to be cold as ice to reject the children of a once loved grandchild of yours just because he's a prat. Hell, she's cozying up to Andrew despite... well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 273May 28, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote] Do you think anyone could influence those two? Really? After all this time and shitshow?

That’s just it, R271. The duo has suffered few consequences for their lying, grifting, deception and abuse. They’ve been “protected” in a myriad of ways for years.

Everyone needs to bring the hammer down as both Harry and Megs have gotten away with virtually everything their entire lives.

by Anonymousreply 274May 28, 2022 1:41 AM

The thing I read this week is that she feels especially sorry for him because he was so young at the death of his mother and it really fucked him up further. I gather he often was a likeable little boy, so to see someone you loved go off the rails... that can engender sympathy and indulgence.

by Anonymousreply 275May 28, 2022 1:43 AM

They are beyond control, though. They've made so money on their own... they are less vulnerable to the control of those with money (right now, until they're broke.) I'm not sure what the Queen or anyone could have done that would have made things better. Worse, yes, it's evident what they will resort to.

by Anonymousreply 276May 28, 2022 1:44 AM

Some people say he was a hellion from an early age. That was Diana’s idea of parenting supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 277May 28, 2022 1:44 AM

This is such great PR on the Queen's part. Yes, they are much loved, HM trumpets in public & then they are totally frozen out & a few more things quietly deleted from their lives. You really think she has forgotten what they did when Philip lay dying? You think she was really thrilled that they rubbed her nose in the naming of Lilibucks?

Wonder how long they will let the boos rain down on them. This latest death porn stunt by Meghan. is so beyond the pale. She couldn't have done anything more stupid or disgraceful if she used both hands to think it up. What will be the next stunt this coming week. Gotta be something huge to get more attention on her.

by Anonymousreply 278May 28, 2022 2:10 AM

[quote] . I gather he often was a likeable little boy, so to see someone you loved go off the rail

Talk to those who knew him when he was younger. His behavior has been bad throughout his life. The BRF coddled him and used handlers (Edward Land Fox, etc.) to rein him in. They also covered for his shenanigans and poor behavior with loads of had charging positive press. Why do you think no one in England wanted to marry him. He treated those around him like dirt.

[quote] Some people say he was a hellion from an early age. That was Diana’s idea of parenting supposedly.

Yes, R277. Enabled further by Charles who was more concerned with Camilla, and The Queen who loves her bad boys; the spares.

I am quickly losing patience with her ostrich-like response and continual support of her bad boys.

by Anonymousreply 279May 28, 2022 2:11 AM

Well I'm sure she'll up her game now, R279.

by Anonymousreply 280May 28, 2022 2:17 AM

[quote] Well I'm sure she'll up her game now, [R279]

Well somebody - or something - needs to light a fire under her, because the queen seems to passively support the toxic duo....if not actively......via $$$$$$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 281May 28, 2022 2:28 AM

The only exit plan I can see is for Harry to divorce Meghan, say that he has been under the uninterrupted influence of drugs the last three years, and embark on an extended apology tour. Under those circumstances, his family might fund a quiet retirement for him in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 282May 28, 2022 2:31 AM

If he divorces her, she will crucify him publicly. She's probably already told him that.

by Anonymousreply 283May 28, 2022 3:03 AM

Probably. But everyone hates her

by Anonymousreply 284May 28, 2022 3:06 AM

I don't know about hate, but she is extremely unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 285May 28, 2022 3:15 AM

But R283, staying with her is crucifying Harry anyway - already has. Everybody sees him as a wimp and a loser. What has he got to lose?

He does have a lot to gain by going home and just ... well, behaving badly and arrogantly, like Andrew. People will still cavort with him - most of them. How many uppercrust trustfund types really give a shit about him being a naughty boy? I bet Andrew has plenty friends to play with. Most people don't give a shit or even like you better if you're a fuckup. Makes them feel superior - or more on a level footing with HM's grandson.

I just can't imagine that Harry is really going to be happy living in California trying to make friends with film stars? It's ridiculous. "If you want a friend in Hollywood, get a dog." (or if you want friends at all, and you're British nobility, go home!)

by Anonymousreply 286May 28, 2022 3:19 AM

At this point not many people believe her either.

by Anonymousreply 287May 28, 2022 3:23 AM

Oh and the biggest reason of all, that Johnny Depp learned the hard way (and Brad Pitt and many many more) -- if you find yourself in a relationship with a malignant narcissist, GET OUT AND STAY OUT.

Be sure to act like you don't care if you get shared custody or not -- that's the only possible way to have a relationship with the kids. If she thinks he doesn't care, she might send them over to curry favor with their fellow royals (making her stay 'adjacent') However, if he makes a big deal of shared custody, that's challenge fuel and she'll go into overdrive trying to make sure he never lays eyes on them for the rest of his life.

That's how they roll. It's still better than him martyring himself and hurting the BRF 'and' the British public -- you're making a fool of yourself, Harry, and like it or not, you represent your country. Hurry up and leave. Doria will probably be in charge of the kids and maybe they'll be ok... maybe Thomas was the bad influence that triggered Meghan's narcissism by coddling her. I think she's too self-absorbed to coddle her kids lol. I can see her saying "Who cares about these brats if I can't use them to prop up my status?"

by Anonymousreply 288May 28, 2022 3:26 AM

Thank you so much R232. I would say more but I'm being held at a CIA black site and the guard just left the room for few minutes so please please send hel

by Anonymousreply 289May 28, 2022 3:31 AM

Woah - saw this tweet from 7 hours ago

"@kates_rangers : The Queen will stand on the balcony with her three heirs, Prince Charles, William and George, for the finale of the #PlatinumJubilee weekend."

This is different from trooping the colours, right? I knew I'd heard there was to be a second balcony appearance and that Harry and Meghan plus kids would probably be on it, along with others who weren't allowed at the trooping... So if she can hold up -- it's just the FOUR of them. Wonder if something recent triggered this or if it was the plan when H&M made that trip to see her (summoned I believe to be told he would be cut out as a counsellor or some such?)

by Anonymousreply 290May 28, 2022 3:45 AM

Imagine fretting about standing on the same balcony as Granny after you've disrespected her in every way possible.

by Anonymousreply 291May 28, 2022 3:52 AM

R268 I saw two separate posts from CBS News on Instagram yesterday with the same photo and caption. The responses for the first one were mostly positive (barf worthy), while comments for the second post centered around this being a publicity stunt (with a few others feebly protesting that it was good that she went, blah,blah,blah).

by Anonymousreply 292May 28, 2022 4:02 AM

I'm pretty sure Sparkle has proven, with her latest stunt, that she is capable of the most heinous behavior in order to get what she feels entitled to. We're not dealing with a sane mind. Miss Thing was probably pissed that the kids took attention away from (in her mind) her successful polo event. She doesn't see those kids as humans, Sparkle sees everything around her in terms of how it can benefit her. She will definitely be up to her old tricks at the Jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 293May 28, 2022 4:35 AM

R290 that honestly sounds like the perfect scene to throw the doors open and slowly have her entire family surround her (and her heirs). I HOPE this isn't what goes down because fuck seeing those Sussex "the Queen doesn't own the word service" shit potatoes anywhere near HM - but do suspect it's a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 294May 28, 2022 7:38 AM

Some people are going to die on the hill that Meghan is a good and compassionate person who’s been treated unfairly. There are still people who think the same about a Donald Trump. *shrugs* They’re suckers and targets.

Meanwhile, it appears that the Los Padres won their match yesterday, and advance to the finals. If they win tomorrow’s final match, they may rightfully grab the trophy this time. And if they don’t, the probably will wrest it from the winners for a photo op, if Meghan is there.

by Anonymousreply 295May 28, 2022 11:39 AM

[quote] that honestly sounds like the perfect scene to throw the doors open and slowly have her entire family surround her (and her heirs).

That misses the point. The four are meant to create an enduring image of the continuity of the throne. This is about staying power and the Crown. This isn't about family, this is about dick size.

by Anonymousreply 296May 28, 2022 11:49 AM

As crazy as is it, I think he could come back. It's not that hard. A divorce. A return. A period of going quiet and unseen. Then the trickle of stories: the reunion of father and son. The new peace and restored affection between brothers. How Kate brought the splintered family together again. First Christmas in the fold at Sandringham. The discreet, limited comments of friends of the Duke not authorized to speak but who say his regret is enormous... he was lovestruck... blah blah blah. It's a basic narrative. People love redemption. People love a comeback. The only thing that could fuck it up is if he doesn't want to be redeemed.

On the other hand, she is screwed. She will always be the villainess of the piece. The discarded first wife, desperate for revenge. She's the American, she's the disruptor. And her instincts are typically self-defeating. Even if she throws a bunch of mud the establishment will close ranks against her, as above, and then it comes down to who are you going to believe? And who do you think most people will believe? Good thing she likes dressing like Alexis Carrington because she's finally landed a part.

by Anonymousreply 297May 28, 2022 11:56 AM

Back Fat Markle

IMHO, this bitch is off-limits after what she has done.

Btw, is that poor Archie on the right in the pic? If so, where is his red hair, LOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 28, 2022 12:36 PM

I wondered why Delfina was promoting Meghan and then the penny dropped. I see you, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 299May 28, 2022 12:46 PM

I agree with R297. The public would love to have jolly ginger Harry back again. Even if that was never his true personality, it's what was perceived for so long that, given a few years, most would accept the idea that the well-meaning but dim prince was led astray by a vicious temptress. Give him a British second wife of impeccable behavior and temperament (preferably another woman of color--the BRF really could use some diversification), and within 10 years he'd be everyone's darling again.

by Anonymousreply 300May 28, 2022 2:43 PM

Who is Delfina?

by Anonymousreply 301May 28, 2022 2:47 PM

Interesting reading the messages of support for Meg at the Twitter link at 298. The narrative that she's a poor persecuted black woman supersedes any of her horrid, self-serving behavior. They are also pushing the story that she didn't want anyone to know she was there, which is hilarious in light of her bringing a camera crew! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 302May 28, 2022 2:51 PM

Why did she need to go at all? She could have donated money from Montecito and done more for the families. Jetting halfway across the country to "anonymously" lay flowers does exactly WHAT for anyone else but her?

by Anonymousreply 303May 28, 2022 3:05 PM

Delfina is Nacho Figueras' wife. I assume this is some polo-related function. Is she promoting Meghan? I don't see a caption. It's a rather unflattering photo. I've never seen her look so wide. And Harry's is standing away, detached and talking to no one. It's an odd picture. I wonder if she took it surreptitiously -- you know that "no photos due to security reasons" rule.

by Anonymousreply 304May 28, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote]Some people are going to die on the hill that Meghan is a good and compassionate person who’s been treated unfairly. There are still people who think the same about a Donald Trump. *shrugs* They’re suckers and targets.

Suckers and targets is right. I've been surprised by how many people don't see through Meghan Markle, and generally don't question what they're told about someone even if it runs counter to that person's actions. There's a lot of 'I'm sure they meant well even if it was clumsy' out there - more than I thought there was.

by Anonymousreply 305May 28, 2022 7:12 PM

I'm not here to get combative, R296, and was not advancing some kind of counterpoint. I hope what you say will happen IS what will happen, and I think the sentiment behind it is appropriate and correct given the circumstances. But this "FAMILYYYYYY!" narrative is what we've been getting out of the palace for weeks now, ever since it was announced that Beloved Family Members Meghan and Harry were of course Welcome Back Home for the Family Event with the Queen, who Loves Her Family etc. The "palace sources" have been eager to underline how family-oriented HM is and how she is so looking forward to having her (whole) family around her at every turn lately.

It's probably strategic, but it still makes me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 306May 28, 2022 7:16 PM

I didn't think you were, R306, but the monarchy is never going to give DL the Real Housewives wine throw it wishes for, where those two are concerned. If you look at it without a desire for public shaming (and I get it...I so get it) the strategy is working well... the Sussexes are far more suffering in the PR war than is the monarchy. Same with Andrew. They all sit at the bottom of the popularity polls and at the top... the Queen and the Cambridges. There's even a new poll out that says 43% of Britons support or strongly support Charles becoming King. That's good, for him. In the end, the notorious three each wear their own, earned reputations far more than the monarchy for not going all Henry VIII on them. They just sit back and let them fail onward.

by Anonymousreply 307May 28, 2022 7:25 PM

Brilliant PR.by HM. I'd feel proud & protected by this 96 year old savvy stateswoman. See Tump, Biden all our collective shitshow folk.

Now, no matter what crap the dopey duo sling at any of them, the comeback on eveyone's mind: Why are they saying this?,The RF family have given them nothing but love & welcome & this is how they do them? Yes, indeed the deadly duo are truly nothing but vicious snakes. If the duo even fart above a whisper the pit bulls of the English press will be on them like white on rice. Killem' with supposed kindness. Its a real gotcha. You know behind the scenes it isn't going to be pretty & some other royal links will also be quietly but permanently severed. The RF hasn't been on the throne for all this time by being ignorant on how to hold onto their throne.

by Anonymousreply 308May 28, 2022 7:30 PM

I agree with you R307 and R308 but will not be entirely calm until that balcony is vacated next weekend, having not been sullied by Sussex cooties in any way, shape or form.

I also agree the BRF strategy has been very successful. It's a subtle (because most people don't see it and even some of those who do, like myself, wish pettily for some kind of public smackdown) but ongoing power move and I enjoy that Harry and Meghan appear to know it without being able to counter it.

by Anonymousreply 309May 28, 2022 7:34 PM

[quote] I agree with you [R307] and [R308] but will not be entirely calm until that balcony is vacated next weekend, having not been sullied by Sussex cooties in any way, shape or form.

This, R309.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds. This jubilee is a milestone for the Brits, and even though the “Family!” press has the BRF unperturbed like ducks on water, there is the wonder: are they pedaling furiously below the surface?

Despite reassurances and making nice, it must be admitted that the antics of The Harkles have impinged on the BRF. Meg’s latest - and most grotesque - stunt in Texas proves there is no bottom to how low the duo will go.

So it remains yet to be seen how things will play out. Hopefully without a hitch. But it would not be surprising if Harry/Meg et al. upstage the jubilee.

Will be an fascinating jubilee period.

by Anonymousreply 310May 28, 2022 7:54 PM

R309 is right -- the Royal Family's approach has been successful. When they have to (e.g., no half-in, half-out), the Queen puts her foot down. They correct misinformation ("recollections may vary"). But she's also quick to refer to the Sussexes as beloved family members, and she is wise to include them in the church service next week but not on the balcony. Then, just give the Sussexes enough rope and, well, they do the rest. Ridiculous virtue signaling. Word salads. Playing polo (not exactly consistent with "just call me Harry"). Watching this play out is both sad and funny at the same time. I wonder in what sequence the royals figured Meghan out. I think Charles may have come to the conclusion late -- didn't he at first admire her for her strength? I wonder if MI5 has files on H&M.

by Anonymousreply 311May 28, 2022 8:26 PM

[quote]The "palace sources" have been eager to underline how family-oriented HM is and how she is so looking forward to having her (whole) family around her at every turn lately. It's probably strategic, but it still makes me want to puke.

Oh, I'm sure there's a strategic angle, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's the Queen's most fervent desire to see her family all together for at least one last time. Some elderly become very sentimental. My father wasn't a particularly stoic man, but he didn't indulge in emotionalism. In his later years, he became quite sentimental, almost mushy, wanting to see family or people from his past. He'd wonder how so and so is doing and call them up out of the blue. Something he'd never done. He even talked a little about a family reunion, but it would have been impossible to pull off logistically.

by Anonymousreply 312May 28, 2022 8:28 PM

I don't know... Liz cut her teeth on the Edward VIII mega-drama. And let's not even get into sister Marg.

She's been there, seen this, and loves Charles... well, probably loves William, and certainly loves the institution of the monarchy and feels personally responsible for its future.

Although... I've been a little surprised at how much she's given in with Andrew - though I did read that at the memorial, the church Dean was supposed to lead the Queen down the aisle and Andrew pushed his way in front. Whether that's true I wonder - but if he did, the Queen and the Dean would hardly make a public spectacle of telling him "No."

by Anonymousreply 313May 28, 2022 9:08 PM

I am no Meghan- hating frau, but this was ghoulish. Matthew Mcconoughy (sp?) waited and he is from there.

BTW, an anonymous donor (Probably Matt) is covering all funerals and medical bills)

by Anonymousreply 314May 28, 2022 9:22 PM

That is a surreptitious photo for sure. Meghan did NOT approve that photo. And if that’s Archie, WTF.

I can’t believe there are only two comments on that post. She even hashtagged it.

by Anonymousreply 315May 28, 2022 9:30 PM

I fear the balcony would crack under the added weight.

by Anonymousreply 316May 28, 2022 9:44 PM

I'd like to think the Queen was canny enough to implement a very long-sighted game, composed of equal parts grey-rocking and protestations of family affection. It's possible she understood the Harkles so well that she was betting that if they had enough rope, they'd hang themselves, which they pretty much did.

I'm just not sure it wasn't entirely that - I think poster above is right that she really is hugely invested in family (for some obvious reasons, family is also the continuance of the monarchy), and gave the Harkles every chance to reconsider their position - but once Scabies' book and the Oprah interview hit the fan, followed by the Dax Shepherd interviews, and then Harry getting Gayle King to threaten his family AND revealing he'd shared with her private conversations with his father and brother . . . there was, realistically, no way back.

There is something to be said for each view. The Queen may have been right that leaving them their titles made them look like ungrateful prats, rather than taking the titles and making herself look spiteful.

Meghan's latest, widely condemned stunt, following on the heels of the polo match debacle, in which she again made herself look like a limelight whore, and after which it came out that Harry's team hadn't even won the match, but he lifted the trophy as if it had . . .

Meghan and Harry are, in the final analysis, and perhaps the Queen knew it, their own worst enemies.

I'm just curious as to how Machiavellian she really was about all this, or whether is was just her character.

Because she certainly wasn't savvy about Andrew.

I'd also be curious to know if somehow, somewhere, behind the scenes in some intensely private moment in a very dark corner, certain hints came Harry's way that one day, if he were really homesick enough, there might be a way back for him . . . but without his wife.

It's unfair, as Meghan, I believe, was simply the catalyst through which Harry could fulfill his cathartic rage and revenge fantasy.

But he's blood and she isn't, and she behaved badly enough on her own to forfeit consideration.

I wonder if Harry's thought about it, after the incessant drumbeat of bad PR that follows her consistently tone-deaf moves.

I wonder if an arrangement is slowly taking shape behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 317May 28, 2022 10:14 PM

Please give a single teeny tiny example of something, anything, the merest shred of proof, that Harry is working on "an arrangement." Why do you think thus? Your sense if wondernent is not convincing.

by Anonymousreply 318May 28, 2022 10:23 PM

What a contrast in visits. McConaughey arrived with the district's congressman and spoke with the families. I could only find two pictures, one taken through the window of his SUV as he arrived obviously with a bystander's phone and a second group shot with volunteers at a school gym. The latter was tweeted by the congressman. He didn't sashay in with trays of Costco sandwiches unannounced. But it wouldn't surprise me if he quietly donates.

And his statement hits all the right notes and has the correct tone. Not a hint of divisiveness. And no word salad!

by Anonymousreply 319May 28, 2022 10:47 PM

Harry has severe personality disorder- and is quite damaged. Worsening of symptoms as he ages. There is no going back - he is mentally unfit to be a working Royal. He needs to spend time in a Swiss sanitorium - the one where Charlene stayed.

by Anonymousreply 320May 28, 2022 11:27 PM

Guardian Megan is handling Prince Harry's breakdowns.

by Anonymousreply 321May 28, 2022 11:32 PM

Well,you can never say they arent the gift that keeps on giving ! Endless hours of amusement provided during a bleak time. We all know that when this thing with Meg ends ,its going to be a spectacle. She'll milk it to the bitter end. It'll be her finest performance yet !

by Anonymousreply 322May 28, 2022 11:52 PM

R319 and it is most likely that he is the anonyydonor paying all funeral expenses and medical bills. A true mensch.

by Anonymousreply 323May 29, 2022 12:23 AM

Well we know the anonymous donor wasn't Meghan and Harry. $25 Starbucks gift cards don't seem to have been part of the funeral and medical requirements.

by Anonymousreply 324May 29, 2022 12:39 AM

R322 interested to hear what you think "the bitter end" will look like.

by Anonymousreply 325May 29, 2022 12:45 AM

"The bitter end" will be in four or five years, when all the deals have collapsed, the money is not coming in, but the expenses are piling up. Then the shit will hit the fan. There will be blame, tears, anger, accusations. But there's no playbook for Harry's situation with regard to the royal family. There's no case of someone breaking free and then coming back.

by Anonymousreply 326May 29, 2022 12:53 AM

I believe Charles will always fund Harry, to some degree. Harry will never be “broke” while Charles is alive.

by Anonymousreply 327May 29, 2022 1:01 AM

Harry's only way back in is if he throws Meghan under the bus. Even then it might not work, but there is a chance it would if he were sufficiently penitent and ruthless about cutting Meghan off. However, it's unlikely he'll have the balls to do it. She'd leave him if the right billionaire came along, but he'll never leave her. He's too invested in her and the victim narrative that cuts right to his mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 328May 29, 2022 1:17 AM

Realizing her ship is sunk, she's now claiming she will make up with her father. Oh, and they've made up with Will, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 29, 2022 1:24 AM

That splashing sound you hear is the Sussexes frantically backpedaling.

by Anonymousreply 330May 29, 2022 1:47 AM

The knocking sound you hear is the Bailiffs at the door of Monteshitto with the writs. Maybe even the anonymous funders have left the Sussex tent.

RF will put on the good PR. much loved rant. But no pics useable for Netflix or clicks.. Jubbly over. Now GTFO Deadly Duo & spawn. Shoo, back to Murica', but without any money from us. More RF PR about much loved family members who live in America. RF calendars will be well filled anytime the Duo & spawn might want to pop in for a visit.

by Anonymousreply 331May 29, 2022 1:57 AM

Post from lipstick alley…..I know I know, but thought it was a good one:

This is a deranged Meghan narc combination of desperation and meltdown. Off the rails completely. Especially the part about William thinking she's such a wonderful mother . ( How would he know). This is in response to the criticism she's had about taking trips and no one ever seeing the kids playing, the backlash about not acknowledging Archie's birthday with their usual announcements and nut taking him to polo games etc etc etc she's ready lately. On top of Pearl cancelled, Invictus criticism, polo joker moves , igniting her sick father and Texas trip. It's just too much failure for her narc mind to handle. This article is both hilarious and scary. I think she's in full blown meltdown and if I were Harry I would be very careful right now. She could be dangerous in many ways. Imagine if Harry is so fed up he really truly finds his balls and lets loose on her ( not physically) and finally speaks up or takes off . Just reading the total fantasy of her PR fluff article is scary. She's lost all sense of control in every aspect of her life right now. She needs help and she needs it now.

by Anonymousreply 332May 29, 2022 2:01 AM

How do you help a narcissist?

Oh, and Harry, don't speak up - skip town! (alert Doris first to get to those kids, if she's not already there)

by Anonymousreply 333May 29, 2022 2:17 AM

Oops - I meant Doria. I think Doris is dead - and animals were more her thing than children, actually.

by Anonymousreply 334May 29, 2022 2:19 AM

The band Garbage tweeted that Meg was despicable for pulling this PR stunt and was attacked by her bots. Even that fucking plastic gremlin Scabies came up from hell to try the "Kate did it too" shit.

by Anonymousreply 335May 29, 2022 2:26 AM

Did she have a psychotic episode? Even for her, this is just too much weirdness in a 48-hour period.

by Anonymousreply 336May 29, 2022 2:33 AM

R332– If I had to guess she filmed a lot of footage at the community center talking to volunteers, the center director etc. (faux royal visit shit) and with the backlash Netflix can’t use the footage. They why the desperate PR.

I am guessing the BRF will tightly control their stay in the UK. They won’t get much footage there either. So they’re panicked as they need to “pay the piper” but can’t get the footage they want/need.

by Anonymousreply 337May 29, 2022 2:38 AM

There are so many layers of improbability in these stories. The greatest improbability is, of course, that Meghan actually is a good mother. But an additional improbability is that William would have any ability to witness her effective mothering. And even if she is a good mother and William has witnessed that she is, it is highly improbable he would acknowledge it given his history with the woman.

by Anonymousreply 338May 29, 2022 2:43 AM

Scooby must be crushed that they gave the Mirror the scoop not him. Besides his "Kate did it too," response, is he still lying low and attending to his failed business matters? This exclusive could have been a shot in the arm for him. Is *he* in the process of being ghosted now.

R323 - It can't be underestimated how critical covering the medical and funeral expenses is. On top of the shock and grief, it's a huge financial strain on the families. They probably have some medical coverage, but no life insurance for 10 year olds. Parents will have to time of to deal with a traumatized family. If not in the immediate aftermath, but certainly in the long run the financial obligations can cause all sorts of family problems. At least that burden has been removed. Even in the day of GFM, 21 fundraisers may not come up with enough.

by Anonymousreply 339May 29, 2022 2:47 AM

How can she show her face at the Jubbly after this spate of humiliations? Could this mean the BRF will be spared?

Shame about the kids. But it will always be a shame about the kids.

by Anonymousreply 340May 29, 2022 2:47 AM

I would never believe that they facetime with Will every week. That makes no fucking sense at all, seeing as how Gayle gets all the "receipts."

by Anonymousreply 341May 29, 2022 2:48 AM

William is also fairly busy these days. How many middle aged brothers have video calls that often?

by Anonymousreply 342May 29, 2022 2:50 AM

After all the stuff they'v leaked, William would be a fool to have any private communications with them. And he is no fool.

by Anonymousreply 343May 29, 2022 2:51 AM

Plus there's a sixteen hour time difference. Not insurmountable but hard when you've got a busy schedule. I'm referring to William, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 344May 29, 2022 2:56 AM

They have so little imagination or ability to step into other people’s shoes. Since nearly all their days are a massive void of sloth and indolence, they imagine it’s credible to claim that the queen and prince William have hours and hours of empty time to have mind-numbing conversations with them.

by Anonymousreply 345May 29, 2022 3:01 AM

Hey bro’, it’s Wills. Did you win the polo match this week?

That’s great. Pretty busy at BetterUp these days?

I see. How’s the book coming along?

And how’s Meghan doing with her diet?

By the way, what color did Lilibet end up belong?

Catch up with you next week bro’!

by Anonymousreply 346May 29, 2022 3:08 AM

How's the diet? Did you not see the picnic photo of Smeg looking like your average size 14 housewife?

by Anonymousreply 347May 29, 2022 3:13 AM

Wouldn't it be great if William released a statement refuting Smeg's claims?

by Anonymousreply 348May 29, 2022 3:14 AM

Has the Archbishop who married H&M in a private ceremony before the big one commented on what a wonderful mum Meghan is?

by Anonymousreply 349May 29, 2022 3:41 AM

R344 um...what? London is 8 hours ahead of the west coast.

by Anonymousreply 350May 29, 2022 4:17 AM

Go those who wish a memento

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 29, 2022 4:24 AM

MORe on Markle’s lies and self-admitted fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 29, 2022 4:27 AM

Of all the senior and semi-senior royals, William is the one I would least want to be on the bad side of. Even more than Anne. He gives the impression of being a man who can and will hold an ice cold lifetime grudge for things he considers unforgivable (and I'm sure he considers attacking his wife even more unforgivable than attacking him). I would bet my own money he will never forgive Meghan. He had her number from the beginning, and that footage of the scarfing is all we need to know about the future King's feelings for his sis in law.

Funnily enough, I've always disagreed with those who think Meghan would leave Harry for the right billionaire. I think she loves the status of being a royal duchess even more than she loves money. But the one person on the whole planet I think she would leave Harry for? William. He's the alpha, ranking higher than her own husband and destined for the top spot. I bet M masturbates to that fantasy. Not to the fantasy of having sex with W, but to the fantasy of stealing him away from Kate and being his wife/future queen. It's pure narc fuel.

by Anonymousreply 353May 29, 2022 8:24 AM

At this point, what is in the pipeline for Netflix and the Harkles is a surreality show.

by Anonymousreply 354May 29, 2022 10:27 AM

Even their PR lies are hilariously inept. The world knows William despises Meghan, he never lets private comments like that out, he knows nothing about her mothering as she disappeared from his life with a kid less than a year old, and judging from the stories about how she treated HIS kids, is about as likely to have complimented her skills with kids as jumped off one of the turrets of Windsor Castle.

Don't they hear the laughter when they try shit like this?

by Anonymousreply 355May 29, 2022 10:32 AM

What r297, r327 and r353 said except that Markle could snag a billionaire.

As another poster so indelicately, yet accurately, put it, why would any heterosexual billionaire want Markle, when he could have his pick of any childless 20s beauty with big tits?

A DLer posted a few years ago in another topic that he worked closely, because of his business, with wealthy, heterosexual males. He said they have no hesitation marrying a divorced woman, even one with children, but a necessary variable to analyze first is who is the ex-husband?

Wealthy, powerful men want women who reflect their own status back at them. If another wealthy, powerful man chose her, chances are, so will he.

Bezos is a nerd. Lauren Sanchez' ex-husbands are a retired star NFL player and a genuine, high-powered Hollywood agent, both part of the cool kids table. With her, now so is he.

It's transactional. It's arms-length, from a certain perspective, because both parties bring consideration to the table that present attractive terms to both- his money, her looks and ex-husband provenance.

I know Sanchez gets dragged here by our resident stone-casters as being a whore, but I don't see her that way. When it comes to game, her and Wendi Deng set the standard. I respect that.

Markle isn't close to their league. To torture the sports metaphor, she isn't even in the same ball park as those two.

Hell, she'd have been better off letting Harry marry some other poor fool and then agreed to be his Mistress, dough-ray-mee up front, of course.

Now, that would have made Markle truly, genuinely interesting.

I agree. Post-divorce, Harry can go back to the UK.

After paying penance for a suitable time, in the woodshed, he'll be forgiven. The only thing is, I think he probably loves and is very attached to his children. Now, that's real. How would visitation and custody be worked out?

To state the obvious, Markle has misplayed her hand. If she had ability to take a shrewd, hard, real look at her situation, she'd be urging Harry to make-up with Prince Daddy Warbucks, er, excuse me, I mean Prince Charles.

I see Divorced People.

by Anonymousreply 356May 29, 2022 11:28 AM

Forgot to add, and being the ex-wife of a 6th and counting in line to the UK throne and failure at making a go of creating his own "brand" (ugh) and money, does not reflect attractively back at any billionaire who would assess Markle as wife material.

None of this is fair. None of this is how it should be, in an ideal world where "true love" shouldn't be besmirched with such sordid things.

It's the real world, though, and how human beings actually are.

by Anonymousreply 357May 29, 2022 11:35 AM

[quote] He had her number from the beginning, and that footage of the scarfing is all we need to know about the future King's feelings for his sis in law.

So true. I analyzed that footage as a conspiracy nut would analyze the Zapruder film.

William's behavior is masterfully subtle, which serves to make it all the more devastating.

The key that unlocks the reveal of his dislike of Markle is what we're NOT seeing: the cameras taking the footage of what we ARE seeing.

Since he's been a child, William has been used to knowing cameras are lined up across the road when the BRF exits the front doors of a Christmas Day church service. Markle, too, of course, knows those cameras are there.

She turns her attention to William, the Big Dog, and says something to him, so he will respond to her, the goal being the cameras can capture their exchange for posterity.

No way. William knows that's her objective and he has made up his mind that he will refuse to be a part of it, refuse to give her that moment. Wow.

William, plain and simple, dislikes Markle. And I have a feeling he would even if her and Harry would've waited 10 years before they married and her behavior towards his wife and children would have been impeccable.

Flame away at me (I've, however, been scorched here by the best) but I feel sorry for Markle for that. That had to have been an extremely uncomfortable environment, private and public, for her to be in when she was with William, as it would be for anybody in that same position.

by Anonymousreply 358May 29, 2022 12:12 PM

Well seeing as Marrkle was passing gossip stories on , slagging off Kate after just one meeting, then it's her own daft silly fault. r358

by Anonymousreply 359May 29, 2022 1:23 PM

That's not what happened. An bitter verbal exchange went on between Will and Harry, and Markle turned in shock at the second of the scarf rearrangement. I'm certain Will has less than zero admiration for her, but the incident as told is fraulore.

by Anonymousreply 360May 29, 2022 1:43 PM

The Zapruder film.

She always has the glazed look when he's with them... arguably nervous and unnatural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 29, 2022 1:45 PM

That's the first time I've seen the whole footage. I've only seen "the scarfing".

I'm now wavering on my interpretation I posted at r358.

by Anonymousreply 362May 29, 2022 2:18 PM

LOL I had forgotten that Megsie had chosen a curve hugging dress to show off the baby bump that day

by Anonymousreply 363May 29, 2022 3:08 PM

Harry isn't a billionaire or remotely close to being one. Plus, let's be honest, he's a total fool. No billionaire is going to think it's a great "get" to snag attention-seeking Meg and her linebacker build.

by Anonymousreply 364May 29, 2022 3:10 PM

Yes. We see how many men lined up to snag Sarah Ferguson once she was free. And unlike Meghan she might have been fun to have a drink with.

by Anonymousreply 365May 29, 2022 3:14 PM

I see Miss Della is back ... how come she writes thesis after thesis in here but remains conspicuosly silent on the meanwhile PROVEN fact that La Markle had several photographers with her? lol

by Anonymousreply 366May 29, 2022 3:16 PM

LOL at this little tidbit: Meghan Markle has reached out to her father to reconcile, in the wake of his stroke five days ago that left him unable to speak.

The Mirror reports an insider as saying: “Despite their estrangement, Meghan is concerned. She wants to know if there is any way to contact her father privately, without other family knowing about it or having to get involved.”

Nothing says private more than announcing you will have a private meeting! Who on earth falls for her bullshit? She's beyond obvious.

by Anonymousreply 367May 29, 2022 3:18 PM

Thank you Della. Either people just didn't see Harry, or he was just out of the frame.

by Anonymousreply 368May 29, 2022 3:36 PM

Apparently, you like me r366.

I like me, too,

by Anonymousreply 369May 29, 2022 3:44 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who believes anything coming form "Camp Sussex" are as stupid and gullible as Trump voters. The reality is that Harry and Meghan are no longer relevant nor do the majority of people give a damn about them. The only reason we keep hearing about them is because the media mistakes social media reaction for real world opinion. On Twitter Harry and Meghan's deranged cult are hugely vocal but if you look at the actual opinion polls taken in the UK, US and even Canada, M&H are hugely unpopular.

Additionally, many quarters of the British media are anti-monarchy so they are trying to portray this as the War of the Windsors 2.0 (a revival of the conflict between Charles and Diana in the 90s) to damage the institution, but people just aren't interested. Neither Meghan or Harry have Diana's appeal.

Despite all the hoopla around this idea that the monarchy might not survive the Queen's death, it probably won't happen. Charles popularity is actually on the rise the closer he gets to the throne, the more people seem to be coming around to him, indeed, his trip to Canada (where he is still very unpopular) was a surprising success and even the Canadian media begrudgingly admitted the monarchy is unlikely to be abolished in Canada due the constitutionality impossibilities of getting every level of government on board.

I said it the day after the Oprah interview aired, but I'll repeat it. H&M's petulant behaviour and their propensity for hitting the nuclear button would come back to bite them in the ass within in a year. Here we are. Still no projects have been released, Meghan's image problems are probably unsolvable at this point, they are desperately trying to back peddle to reestablish their family connections etc. The truth is that it's the royal family basically holding all the cards now. It's clear the couple need them more than the royals need them. But I still don't think there is a route back to any kind of royal duties (at least for Meghan Harry maybe if he divorces her) and I am still thinking there's a real possibility they will be booed during the Jubilee visit.

by Anonymousreply 370May 29, 2022 4:15 PM

R342 I love my brother and his family. We live across the country from each other. We did video calls a couple times during the pandemic. That’s it. And this is a brother who I love, have never had one day of trouble with and never went on Oprah to complain about.

Harry and William are NOT FaceTiming weekly.

The desperation of the Sussexes is truly stunning. The Texas stunt was outrageous. I’m actually starting to get concerned about Meghan—this confluence of terrible press—Netflix debacle, father’s stroke no-show, Texas backlash, sure-to-be humiliation at Jubly, and general failure on every biz venture—might put her over the edge.

Harry is used to being a lovable loser and doubt he’d mind slipping back into his comfortably louche lifestyle. Meghan, on the other hand seems to have sacrificed everything—family, friends, any sense of deep emotional connection—for fame. Look at her invite list to her own wedding—1 member of her family! Only 1–her mother. And a bunch of movie stars she barely knew, Oprah (another stranger), and suits cast mates. She is not a stable person. And she’s getting more desperate as the failures mount.

Actually, I think Harry will be able to shrug off a divorce. Meghan—not so much. She will take a scorched earth approach.

by Anonymousreply 371May 29, 2022 4:23 PM

More footage of Meghan at the memorial has found its way onto the internet. Apparently her security guard had the memorial cleared before she stepped out of her armoured van.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 29, 2022 4:25 PM

[quote]Despite all the hoopla around this idea that the monarchy might not survive the Queen's death, it probably won't happen.

Of course it will. Bringing monarchy to an end in the United Kingdom will be a messy and complicated affair. To legislate it would tear the country apart. If monarchy is to end it will be after a slow withering of public support. That in itself will take a long time, if it happens. Monarchial popularity comes in waves and troughs... for all everyone likes to say the Queen has never put a foot wrong, recall her dance moves at Diana's death... and it still didn't topple... the angry mob wasn't yearning to be rid of her they were desperate for her to speak... which she did and the trough gave way to a new crest... and on and on it goes. If Charles is a trough, he will crest a points as a kindly old man king who laughs a lot in his public appearances, too... and then will come the perfect achetype Cambridges... and on and on. It may fade slowly, but will it? Seems unlikely to me any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 373May 29, 2022 4:34 PM

[quote]She will take a scorched earth approach.

Even if she does, who will care by that point, other than the dregs of the dregs that bawl and bark for her now? If she scorches the earth the reaction won't be can you believe it, but why would I believe it?

by Anonymousreply 374May 29, 2022 4:37 PM

Meghan probably had multiple orgasms in her Escalade thinking "EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW VERY IMPORTANT I AM! ME!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 375May 29, 2022 4:39 PM

I do agree she's got limited options, per R373. She's 40, she gives every appearance of being doomed to her father's build, her projects aren't the byword for successful and her reputation is evident. The people she seems to want to be connected with generally liked to be connected with success. Limited options. That said, she has a magnificent talent for own goals and bad to worse, so it's not to say she will think she's stuck with him. What seems more certain is whatever path she takes, the outcome will be another fail. And laughable.

by Anonymousreply 376May 29, 2022 4:44 PM

Despite the leaks coming from the Sussexes that Meghan allegedly has (or wants to) reach out to her father, The Sun confirming she has not reached out at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377May 29, 2022 6:49 PM

Reaching out to her father...

William & Harry are in constantly in touch...

William calling Meghan a great mother...

Is ALL Sunshine Sachs bullshit to distract from her disastrous PR trip to Uvalde, Texas. It's so predicable and obvious.

BTW...supposedly, Meghan's date Thomas Markle has left the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 378May 29, 2022 6:54 PM

^ constant touch

by Anonymousreply 379May 29, 2022 6:54 PM

R369, try harder next time, Della. That response of yours was unworthy.

So, what's your opinion on Meghan evidently going to Uvalde with a bunch of photographers in tow? You love to write long posts on other royals, so I'd love to read your precious opinion on this particular affair, too.

by Anonymousreply 380May 29, 2022 6:56 PM

I don’t wish a stroke on him, but he’s really cut from the same cloth as she is. He wanted to go to the UK to pay his respects to the Queen. Please.

by Anonymousreply 381May 29, 2022 6:58 PM

r370 An excellent post! Irrelevance is their nightmare , it is also their certain reality and moreso as time goes by. They overestimated the level and nature of their popularity both when they left the royal family and later when they did the Oprah interview.Both acts never got them the reaction they craved and more importantly expected. As mad as it sounds it is clear they thought they were popular in their own right and it was totally unconnected to being part of the royal family.It is totally illogical but in fits of tantrums this is the emotion that guided their poor decisions. They will all be sorry when we are unassailiable super popular multi billionaires living the dream life in Hollywood!! LOL!!

by Anonymousreply 382May 29, 2022 6:59 PM

R360

[quote] That's not what happened. An bitter verbal exchange went on between Will and Harry, and Markle turned in shock at the second of the scarf rearrangement.

Not seeing that in the video at R361.

Please link to video of "bitter verbal exchange" between Will and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 383May 29, 2022 7:06 PM

I can see her wanting to talk to her father, but as long as her siblings are swarming around him...good luck with that.

I give her a lot of shit for her vanity and terrible instincts, but I don't think she's the reincarnation of Hitler.

I do think drama is a key ingredient in Markle DNA and if she tried to show up at the hospital, the confrontation with Samantha would be out of Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 384May 29, 2022 7:10 PM

Nope, R360. I am sad to say I've seen that footage (and for anyone curious to see again, the link at R361 has a clear view of what came before, during and after the scarfing) multiple times and after reading your post went back to double-check. There is NO "bitter exchange" between Harry and William outside the church as they walk to the cars. Nor would there be, because everyone involved in what appears to be a routine, polite group convo as they leave will know it's being filmed. But feel free to give a exact point of the "bitter exchange" if you like.

Charles is turned around for much of the short walk, talking to Harry and Meghan and also it appears to William and Kate. I see a very brief interaction between Meghan and Kate at about 1:07. Both are smiling politely and Kate of all people would have been one to engage in a little interaction that like in that context (i.e. in the context of them all knowing the cameras were there to capture anything happening between the Sussexes and the Cambridges). At 1:13 the shot drops too low to see any of the faces of the people we're discussing and then back up. At no point is there any noticeable interaction between William and Harry, and neither of them look angry or upset in any way.

The shot cuts at that point right to the scarfing (I don't know how much time was cut here, it's either none or only a couple of seconds). Kate is saying something to Ann, Meghan is looking back at William (this is where she is obviously looking for an interaction in front of the cameras and he denies her - i.e. The Scarfing). Harry doesn't appear to notice the brief interaction between his brother and his wife and just looks neutral-faced/waiting to get into his car and leave.

At 1:30, Meghan turns to look at Kate, again looking for an interaction and Kate graciously gives her a smile.

There is NOTHING in this video that could be interpreted as a 'bitter exchange.' Harry and William do not appear to interact at all, and it's because for most of the time they're interacting with others and are separated by their wives.

by Anonymousreply 385May 29, 2022 7:13 PM

R384. She’s not Hitler, but I don’t see much evidence that she gives a damn about her father, whether justifiably or not. It’s not exactly a surprise he’s not long for this world and she’s been comfortable freezing him out for several years.

by Anonymousreply 386May 29, 2022 7:17 PM

Whoops, R383 got there first!

R362 - You know, I actually agree with many of your posts, Della, and you have agreed with some of mine. I wonder if it's not this constant self-conscious display of "open-mindedness" from you (you're reviewing your thoughts on the scarfing now you've the footage again? why? because that footage has been out there this entire time and it doesn't actually appear to show anything else than the scarfing as has been interpreted previously - did you even watch it again or do you just want everyone to know, once more, that you're NOT LIKE THE OTHER SNARKERS?).

by Anonymousreply 387May 29, 2022 7:18 PM

This "she's not Hitler" stuff is more of the Della-style 'not like the other snarkers' BS. My most generous interpretation of this reaction (which I see frequently) is that it's coming from people who a)aren't following this REALLY closely and b)are projecting their normal personalities onto someone who most likely does not have a normal one.

Case in point, this insistence that surely Meghan would want to do what a normal person would do under the circumstances - i.e. here, surely she would want to visit her sick father? She's not Hitler, right? So ofc she is worried about her dad.

Do people with these opinions secretly think the Klan Granny Troll is right and we're all just racists who didn't embrace our racism until Meg Markle came along? There are REASONS (non conspiracy, known, factual, actual *reasons*) to believe MM doesn't give a shit about her father. Many of them. I won't list them because I'm sure you're aware of them but again, I'm talking about documented things she has done/said that indicate a cold and total lack of care and concern for her father. And don't come at me with "but he wasn't a perfect dad, either!" I never said he was. Meghan being a shit daughter does not require that Thomas Markle be a faultless father.

by Anonymousreply 388May 29, 2022 7:27 PM

A deep analysis of the scarfing is exactly why I read DL daily! God bless you boys! (Oh, and completely agree that William was fussing with his scarf to an excessive degree simply to avoid Meghan. And I love him for it!)

by Anonymousreply 389May 29, 2022 7:47 PM

^ Put yourself in his shoes, wouldn't you deny her, her money shot in any way possible?

by Anonymousreply 390May 29, 2022 7:53 PM

The Scarfing ! I love it ! Girl,dont make me scarf you !

by Anonymousreply 391May 29, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote]b)are projecting their normal personalities onto someone who most likely does not have a normal one.

[Quote]Case in point, this insistence that surely Meghan would want to do what a normal person would do under the circumstances

It's normal for normal people to humanize others and project themselves into situations. How would I have acted? What is she feeling? What are the people around her thinking? And ultimately, how would I have felt and acted? It's part of having a capacity for empathy and behaving appropriately in context.

The thing is when normal people encounter such deviants as Markle (I use deviant in the statistical sense -- so far removed from the norm), it's mind-boggling, perplexing and disconcerting that we search for understanding about it before coming to the awful conclusion -- that someone may not be Hitler, but they're certainly on the Hitler continuum. I think it's especially difficult for people who either grew up in mentally healthy households or the opposite. Some children born to an NPD parent often struggle with this, not just as naive children or young adults, but for a lifetime. Coming to the conclusion that someone is irredeemable is not an automatic or easy process.

But yeah, Meghan's a stone cold bitch, as we've seen repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 392May 29, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote]her and Wendi Deng set the standard.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 393May 29, 2022 8:13 PM

At 1:21 Harry turns his head to his left and slightly down while forming words. He almost spits on the ground, while Markke swivels her head around in shock.

You have no idea if the prior conversation was friendly; these two men have spent their lives in public, at times sniping at each other like siblings do, and you would never know it.

by Anonymousreply 394May 29, 2022 8:15 PM

R388 I think she's a narcissist, has some of the worst instincts I've ever seen in a public figure and an ego the size of Jupiter, but some people on here literally post as though she's the worst person ever to exist.

Yeah, it goes overboard and anyone who denies that is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 395May 29, 2022 8:33 PM

Big Willy's Scarf...he clearly cannot stand Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396May 29, 2022 8:34 PM

R395. She’s horrible in an amusing way. That is all. Who else 1) is awful in such a stupid/silly way and 2) imposes herself on people’s attention more than once a week?

If she would go away for even a month, no one would have the slightest interest in talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 397May 29, 2022 8:37 PM

Della, you really need to stop the apologist bullahit. Harry and Meghan presented as oppositional from the get-go. Remember the Vanity Fair cover she did months before the engagement was announced, breaking the one iron-clad rule: you don't talk to the press whilst dating a royal if you want to earn the Discretion Star?

If William "didn't like her", it's likely because he saw through her immediately. All he did was tell Harry to take it slower

Everyone, Della, EVERYONE, behind the scenes k ow the omens were bad here. Fuck, she couldn't be bothered to wear a hat on a solo trip with the Queen.

They were planning this before the Queen and Charles threw them a $30 million wedding. The bullshit with Queen's dresser and close friend, the leaked nasty stories about Kate, her rudeness . . .

Fuck, Della, she perjured herself in court and had to make a public apology.

Was that down to being "uncomfortable" in "such an environment"?

She's a self-absorbed famewhore. Face it. Everyone wanted to like her. All she had to do was learn how to play the game. She fucking refused.

She showed up in Ulvalde looking three shades darker than she did a week earlier when she was channeling Audrey Hepburn in her huge hat and sunglasses at a fucking polo match, in a clumsy effort to look more ethnic, barely 48 hours after a massive tragedy.

Even the President gave it a few more days and he and his wife showed up in black

Meghan showed up in unkempt hair, a black bra under a white tee, and clearly in PR mode. Is that William's fault, too?

You really have to face it, Della: you're still trying to make excuses for someone who has left way too many breadcrumbs on this trail by now.

Don't try to foist this trail of blunders onto William. That's fucking ridiculous.

Give it up.

by Anonymousreply 398May 29, 2022 8:38 PM

He's speaking, R394. Almost certainly to Meghan, quietly and sort of under his breath the way they all are here because they know they're being filmed. You're the "bitter exchange" poster, I assume? If you are, you should know that "you have no idea what specifically was said" is NOT proof of a "bitter exchange."

The footage is the footage. Watch it again. You are correct that no one can know what was said between any of those people was friendly, because they aren't mic-ed up. But we do have body language (the scarfing itself it pure body language, William didn't bark at Meghan to fuck off) and nothing in the body language indicates anything other than the usual walk from church to the cars. Nothing.

Significantly, there is NO interaction between William and Harry. There is certainly no "bitter exchange" - and you weakly coming back with "they could be sniping and you would never know it" is worthless because barring psychic powers on your part, invisible sniping is just that: invisible. I.e. not caught on camera.

You smell like a stan. A more subtle one than the KGT but a stan all the same. The scarfing is one of the iconic interactions of the Royals + Sussexes saga, and I've noticed the stans have always been particularly salty about it - I suspect because there is very little denying that it was what it was: a very subtle, very complete snubbing on William's part.

by Anonymousreply 399May 29, 2022 8:39 PM

A masterpiece of shade R399. All with a few flicks of the wrist and some smoothing. Gurl was DISMISSED !

by Anonymousreply 400May 29, 2022 8:43 PM

More to the point the first rule of Fight Club is show respect for the Queen. She is present. There is no way either of them would make a scene or have a bitter exchange in front of the cameras or the Queen in public.

It was a snub of disdain - and back then, when the steps out of line seem quaint compared what's happened since.

And they are returning to the UK with convenient assertions of weekly calls and restored bonds. I'll be surprised if William isn't wearing a scarf througnout the Jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 401May 29, 2022 8:46 PM

[quote]A more subtle one than the KGT but a stan all the same.

I find, from experience, if you corner it long enough the mask always drops. They haven't mastered the bluff, you see, because it's all so personal to them.

by Anonymousreply 402May 29, 2022 8:47 PM

Yes, R400, "masterpiece" is right. I suspect William is one of those people who has a natural astuteness when it comes to reading other humans. Maybe it's innate, maybe it's a level of natural suspicion due to knowing from a young age that he'll be King one day and that not everyone he interacts with will have pure intentions, I don't know.

But he's messing with his scarf before AND after Meghan turns to him. The "scarfing" is all in his eyes and the subtle way he turns his body away. He doesn't even look at her, but you can see his gaze flicker away from her when he realizes she's looking at him. It's actually beautiful in it's perfect combination of deniability and, as you said, dismissal. If I was Harry seeing that footage afterwards (and you KNOW he did, you know she made him watch that over and over and over whilst on a tirade about how snobby and awful and cruel and terrible and worse than Hitler the Cambridges are and if you don't get me out of here something BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN etc.).

by Anonymousreply 403May 29, 2022 8:55 PM

Oh, ffs, if she have a famn about her father she'd have made sure they met when it became clear the relationship was serious, just the wai other people do. She made sure he met her mother, who, ironically, more or less disappeared from her left early on whilst Das busted his arse to send her to good schools, and put her through Northwestern.

She ditched the now fat, sloppy, perhaps loose lipped old man the minute she started dating royalty.

That tells you everything you need to know about Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 404May 29, 2022 9:00 PM

One interesting detail of the scarfing video posted by R396: When Meghan fails in her attempt to make eye contact with William, she briefly has a very uncertain look on her face as she turns forward again. It's only momentary, but you can glimpse not just a sense of embarrassment and rejection but almost almost panic in her eyes that this is taking place in public view (sorry there's no time bar on the instagram post). This is exactly the same look she had at the polo match, when she failed to take the box from the player next to her. She covered that move with some manic finger clapping and then went completely over the top in cheering for the lifting of the cup (which, of course, was not theirs to lift). Her body language is, apparently, very predictable.

by Anonymousreply 405May 29, 2022 9:02 PM

[quote]It's normal for normal people to humanize others and project themselves into situations.

I hope you don't think I was arguing against this, R392, because this is actually exactly what I think IS happening with most of the people who aren't really following this too closely and then assume people are being too hard on Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 406May 29, 2022 9:03 PM

[quote]When Meghan fails in her attempt to make eye contact with William, she briefly has a very uncertain look on her face as she turns forward again. It's only momentary, but you can glimpse not just a sense of embarrassment and rejection but almost almost panic in her eyes

YES. And this is one way in which I have at times agreed with Della (hear me out please). There have been a few of these moments with Meghan, where she is unable to conceal a brief expression of embarrassment/rejection/panic etc. From the very beginning I've seen these glimpses with her, and recognized them for what they are: human emotions, the temporary slipping of a mask worn to conceal underlying insecurities and vulnerabilites.

If I didn't know who Meghan was and someone showed me the scarfing, I would feel bad for her. It's instinctual to feel bad when we see this happen to other people. The problem is I DO know who Meghan is, so I know that she leaked information to the media to make William's wife look bad, that she threw tantrums behind the scenes and then later implied his family is racist in an internationally broadcast TV interview (and as we all know, there's a lot more than that). So actually, the person I sympathize with watching that footage is William, not Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 407May 29, 2022 9:13 PM

I know you weren't arguing against it, r388. It sounded as though you think it's a bad thing. I'm suggesting it's normal processing for undisordered people. And it can be negative if taken to an extreme (i.e. constantly trying to humanize, making excuses for a fucked up person, feeling sorry for them) basically becoming an enabler like Harry.

by Anonymousreply 408May 29, 2022 9:14 PM

No, I don't think it's a bad thing. I even tried to be clear by saying that it was my "generous" interpretation of the behaviour (i.e. that I was not just going to knee-jerk condemn it as stannery or bad faith etc.). I think it's normal and how most non-disordered people move through the world and their interactions with others.

by Anonymousreply 409May 29, 2022 9:19 PM

R391 and a new DL catch phrase is born! Girl, don’t make you scarf you!.

by Anonymousreply 410May 29, 2022 9:21 PM

^dont make ME scarf you!

by Anonymousreply 411May 29, 2022 9:32 PM

Don't forget too that William was old enough to remember and to some extent discern the parade of charlatans and users that filled his mother's empty days. There's reporting to suggest he's wary by nature. Remember that story about her and phone and photographs of the Cambridges' home. I've never known whether it was true or not but if it was, that's a major mark against her and you can just generally imagine a scenario where she sidles in with insouciance and over familiarity and strikes the wrong note from the start.

Markle gets skewered here, hard, and triply so when another one of her stunts blows up in her face, I don't think there are many if any people who pounce because the woman breathes. That's absurd. (And for that matter, the racist stuff is just a dodge by people defending the hard to defend, near as I can tell.) Of course cunt is never really a necessary word and I don't like seeing it either.

I had Della on block for a long time because she does seem to want to other herself from the extreme vitriol and comes down on it with grand, over the top pronouncements which to my view assess it worse than it actually is. As I recall Della she originally saw Markle plain but also couldn't help but see or imagine a scrappy American underdog, the Yank gone to Oxford and she'd shake them up. It's past that now, but Della seems to have a residual default in that respect, at least to me. Like I say, I've blocked Della, I've W&W Della and she's agreed with me many times. I just think she misjudges where we are in Markle's journey.

by Anonymousreply 412May 29, 2022 10:00 PM

I wonder if someone will advise her about the chance she is booed in public and help her prepare to be ready for it?

by Anonymousreply 413May 29, 2022 10:07 PM

R405, Meghan had a similar expression after the disastrous Prince of Wales anniversary event, when she and Harry pushed their way into the photo op though they were supposed to already be in the main room with the other supporting royals. After the footmen got hold of them and oh so politely booted them out, Meghan's face during the service was all frozen humiliation. She even looked to be blinking back tears.

One could feel sorry for her, if one didn't know that she had no business pushing her way into the photo op. Where she and Harry were supposed to be would have been made clear to her and her husband long before that awkward pantomime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414May 29, 2022 10:10 PM

R414 is the infamous "NOT ALLOWED" allegedly staged whispered by William shortly after 1:55

by Anonymousreply 415May 29, 2022 11:21 PM

R414 And there she is wearing yet another ill fitting garment. You can’t even blame the bloom of pregnancy since it’s an open coat. So strange.

I see this event and realize how she threw away the most amazing opportunity to immerse herself in beautiful history and tradition, the likes of which she’s never dreamed. (Even though I have no doubt some of this was mind numbingly tedious at times).

What an absolute waste. All due to a spoiled, vindictive, jealous man/child for a spouse and her all encompassing, narcissistic arrogance. It’s all so disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 416May 30, 2022 2:02 AM

And she’s ostentatiously clutching her belly, as always during her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 417May 30, 2022 2:05 AM

She's not interested in anything beyond fame, money and attention. I find her really sad.

by Anonymousreply 418May 30, 2022 2:12 AM

From minute 2 to the end (2:58) this old guy, purporting to be an expert, says that Meghan has made it known that she is not known for conformity and will not follow convention and so has made it known she will only curtsy to the Queen (I suppose that means she should curtsy to William - and Kate? - but she refuses)?

Weird.

Warning: it's GB News in case any one has any allergies in that regard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 30, 2022 2:22 AM

R419 I'm not expert on royal protocol but I don't think Meghan (and the other royals) generally curtsy or bow to anyone but the monarch and their consort (oh and foreign monarchs).

by Anonymousreply 420May 30, 2022 3:33 AM

R420. You should have stopped after the first six words.

by Anonymousreply 421May 30, 2022 3:37 AM

Its just that Sanchez is so butt ugly. I guess that's why she gets the weirdos. Most hetero men don't want grifter like Sanchez or Markle. They want models and pretty young things.

by Anonymousreply 422May 30, 2022 4:57 AM

Sanchez does the dirtiest things in bed.

by Anonymousreply 423May 30, 2022 5:12 AM

[quote] [R369], try harder next time, Della. That response of yours was unworthy.

Della is mired in the tasteless and classless, R380. So no surprise here.

[quote]So, what's your opinion on Meghan evidently going to Uvalde with a bunch of photographers in tow? You love to write long posts on other royals, so I'd love to read your precious opinion on this particular affair, too.

As others have deftly stated, Della stans Markle for her own purposes. She seems to wrangle out convolutions and claptrap with a veneer of pretension: much like Markle.

They are similar.

by Anonymousreply 424May 30, 2022 6:07 AM

[quote]Its just that Sanchez is so butt ugly.

She's a plasticine version of what she used to be when she injected and transformed her entire body and image to please a targeted man.

I've been familar with the poster "Della" for many years. I've mostly liked her and thought she was very much on target with her Markle assessments, but Della let her Alcoholics Anonymous mask drop, as she had on many occasions and favored Markle in a number of posts that tried to excuse her horrific behavior towards others. The enabling/being special shit continues.

Which Alcoholics Anonymous Step should be most important to you, Oh, Della Swami? Or your Sanchez assessments, as though dourly, regularly promote

by Anonymousreply 425May 30, 2022 6:27 AM

Focus on the topic at hand and stop harassing Della.

by Anonymousreply 426May 30, 2022 10:20 AM

R426, ahem, no.

Btw, I'm still waiting for Della to opine on Meghan EVIDENTLY bringing her camera crew to the site of a killing spree . . .

by Anonymousreply 427May 30, 2022 10:38 AM

That's Ok, r426.

I'm to blame. I know, as every other long and short time DLer knows, that you take your chances when you venture into a Sussex thread.

I keep going to a brawl and hoping and expecting a hockey game to break-out.

That's on me.

I won't own this, though and I stand by my observation here: I've never brought up my recovery from alcoholism in the context of these threads. Why would I? I've done so in other threads, briefly, and when it was relevant.

As we see, however, no low is too low for the likes of r425 who finds it just fine, in a thread about H & M, of all places, to throw it up to me.

I'm out, again.

by Anonymousreply 428May 30, 2022 10:55 AM

Della, most of us here have had our moments with EtOH and drugs. You are not alone.

by Anonymousreply 429May 30, 2022 10:57 AM

What do personal things have to do with this bubbly stupid topic

by Anonymousreply 430May 30, 2022 11:00 AM

While she's coming up with thesis after thesis on other members of the BRF, Della is evidently and at pains avoiding to state her opinion on Meghan evidently going to the site of a mass killing with a camera crew in tow . . .

by Anonymousreply 431May 30, 2022 11:02 AM

I may add, I didn't know about Della's addiction and tbf, so what if it's true, it's none of our business.

What irks me is the fact that she's at great pains to discuss what is evident due to lots of footage. She even initially denied that Meghan had photographers with her; now that it's undeniable, she remains oddly silent on that particular topic.

by Anonymousreply 432May 30, 2022 11:06 AM

SO WHAT

by Anonymousreply 433May 30, 2022 11:07 AM

R420 at first meeting on a given day, Meghan is required to curtsey to the Queen, and to Charles (and Camilla, is she is with him). For the rest of that same day, she does not. At first meeting is deemed sufficient for one day.

For now, the Cambridges and Sussexes are technically on the same footing. The nuances in that, however, are obvious and will become more so after Charles becomes King.

Charles is also Meghan's father-in-law. It is more a mark of two-pronged respect for her. I doubt she would be required to curtsey to her brother in law once he becomes Prince of Wales. Charles' brothers and sisters and their spouses haven't curtsied and bowed to him all these years.

But Meghan will absolutely be unable to get away with curtsying to King William and Queen Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 434May 30, 2022 11:27 AM

R433, yes, this isn't a court of law. Della does not have to answer questions. This is why most people who post here are not authenticated; no one wants to be targeted.

by Anonymousreply 435May 30, 2022 11:33 AM

Can you stupid fraus stay on topic, and leave Della alone? I enjoy Della, and our resident trolls more than you dumb cunts.

by Anonymousreply 436May 30, 2022 11:37 AM

I wrote R412. The last unkind Della comments have gone too far. She's admirable and tries hard to make her point sincerely (even on the sometimes she's wrong.) I have no tolerance for the grandees who are authenticated (I do not expect my contempt for the hysteric control freak Saliva Fouler will ever fade. It is like my contempt for the ancient asshole Mizez Slocombe or however that fatheaded misery put it. I'm not convinced they aren't the same.) While I disagree with Della (less than I agree) I never get the sense she's trying to show off. Della (even when she's wrong) makes good conversation.

by Anonymousreply 437May 30, 2022 11:58 AM

Bad news for Netflix...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438May 30, 2022 2:13 PM

The Maul, which I prefer not to link to, says today Snarling Sister Sam claims Megantoinette has NOT reached out (though, in fairness, you can understand after the choices of last three years and her step siblings prone to Zoom meeting it real time to the Maul). And it's running the fat ass pics from the barefoot picnic.

by Anonymousreply 439May 30, 2022 2:16 PM

Poor Meg. There's simply no way for her to privately reach out to her father.

by Anonymousreply 440May 30, 2022 2:17 PM

The Markles are odious and boring, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 441May 30, 2022 2:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442May 30, 2022 4:25 PM

Oh leave Della alone. At least she contributes as an authenticated and has well-thought-out opinions and an entertaining writing style. I don't always agree with her (but many times I do), but I always enjoy her posts and her contributions keep the discussion going. She isn't rude, and deals with insults with aplomb. I hope she keeps posting here despite the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 443May 30, 2022 5:54 PM

I usually like what Della posts in the Markle and film awards threads. She gave Meghan more slack than other posters but knows they, MM in particular, really screwed up this opportunity. I'm certainly not a fan of MM who I think is a narcissistic publicity hound, but some of the comments here go beyond witty and pointless bitchery at times. Why drag the kids into it? MM will gave us enough to comment on as long as she is in the public eye. Someone here joked when the Texas school shooting became public knowledge and memorials were set up, that MM would get involved in some way Who could have predicted this ninny would fly private with an entourage to lay flowers and get photo ops. Apparently Buzzfeed is her go to PR contact when Scobie isn't in service.

by Anonymousreply 444May 30, 2022 6:11 PM

I think it's very unlikely Meghan will ever be in the same room with King William or Queen Catherine.

Either she'll have left Harry by then or they won't return to England.

by Anonymousreply 445May 30, 2022 6:55 PM

Any odds on when the first "they treated us so coldly" stories begin to leak?

I say from Monday, June 6th but late day eastern.

by Anonymousreply 446May 30, 2022 7:07 PM

[quote] She has some weird food giving obsession. Maybe it’s just a cheap thing to give.

It's cheap, easy and doesn't actually require a sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 447May 30, 2022 7:27 PM

Plus it's easy to give away the stuff you don't like to eat.

by Anonymousreply 448May 30, 2022 7:31 PM

I was there for two hours before anyone asked if I was OK

by Anonymousreply 449May 30, 2022 7:32 PM

OP is her biggest fan. 2 threads with hundreds of comments is exactly the kind of social media marketing one could only dream of.

by Anonymousreply 450May 30, 2022 7:33 PM

[quote]Ironically, they may end up getting their half in/half out wish, goddammit. When Charles becomes king, he's going to need some help. There are far too many royal engagements to attend for just a "slimmed down handful of senior royals."

There's me and Camilla, and William and Catherine, and Anne and Edward.

And I'm sure Beatrice and Eugenie and Louise will want to help out when I explain they won't get any more money unless they do.

by Anonymousreply 451May 30, 2022 7:36 PM

I agree R446. Or sometime between their getting in the car to take them to the airport and the flight to LA lifting off.

by Anonymousreply 452May 30, 2022 8:02 PM

R451, exactly. There’s Sophie Wessex, who is capable and seems disposed. Nothing embarrassing about her, and she has the manner required.

Nobody needs that histrionic bully for anything. Or her petulant husband.

by Anonymousreply 453May 30, 2022 8:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 30, 2022 8:47 PM

Louise has until November (her 19th birthday) to decide whether she goes by "HRH The Princess Louise of Wessex" or whether she remains Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor. The parents said they would let her decide herself when she turned 18, and so far there's been no announcement.

My guess is she will stay as she is. If she accepts the princess title, she will be expected to fulfill royal duties for the rest of her life. I also think she's very close to her parents, and they don't want her to use the title.

by Anonymousreply 455May 30, 2022 8:48 PM

Nah, Louise isn't on Charlies' short list. She should go to university and make her way. She will never be a paid working royal. Maybe she can become a professional cart racer, that seems to be her main talent.

Her brother obviously is neurodivergent, but the family has the money to have him get special education, medication, etc. It's always the hands that give away this. Like the young Trump, he is always doing odd things with his hands.

by Anonymousreply 456May 30, 2022 8:52 PM

I deplore Harry's first wife but Dan Wooton's columns could easily be confused for the rantings of a total loon.

by Anonymousreply 457May 30, 2022 8:52 PM

R456, good diagnosis. I hope you're well. It's obvious you have halitosis due to poverty related infant malnutrition, and that scorching case of genital herpes can't cheer you up much, either.

by Anonymousreply 458May 30, 2022 8:54 PM

Neurodivergent people can accomplish great things in this world.

by Anonymousreply 459May 30, 2022 8:54 PM

Harry is out for good unless he divorces Meghan. At this point, if he turns up in the UK he can be glad if he doesn't get pelted with rotten eggs and tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 460May 30, 2022 9:00 PM

Oblivious fraus must be serial posting the Daily Mail Wooten garbage.

by Anonymousreply 461May 30, 2022 9:50 PM

Elon Musk is a pure shitbag and his shitty overpriced cars - they aren't his because HE BOUGHT TESLA FROM ITS CREATORS.

He is not making money off his shitty cars - he sells carbon credits.

HIs shit factories are hellholes, and the car is shit.

So that's that.

by Anonymousreply 462May 30, 2022 9:59 PM

Have another cocktail and stop yelling.

by Anonymousreply 463May 30, 2022 10:03 PM

I think if anyone can make Louise want to become a working royal, it would be the Queen. If she makes the choice to do so, I'll bet it would be when William is king. She can still do it as Lady Louise, and take over all the horse patronages.

by Anonymousreply 464May 30, 2022 11:48 PM

Louise has a strange horsey face. At least she would be able to support her disabled brother.

by Anonymousreply 465May 30, 2022 11:54 PM

How, R465? If you’re going to make idiotic statements you should be able to back them up.

by Anonymousreply 466May 31, 2022 12:00 AM

Sorry frau at R466 - we are about pointless bitchery. You can't handle this so move back to Royal Dish and Royal Forums. Leave us be.

by Anonymousreply 467May 31, 2022 12:03 AM

Oh dear R466 You are clearly a BRF fangirl - ALL your posts here on DL are about the BRF. You have no interest in our other interests, and you are a grubby fat woman. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 468May 31, 2022 12:05 AM

Have there been any modern day profoundly handicapped first born heirs, or do they just quietly lock them up, and try again?

by Anonymousreply 469May 31, 2022 12:09 AM

R469. They die in utero, due to the BRF black magic.

by Anonymousreply 470May 31, 2022 12:12 AM

R470, is that why Meghan had a mythcarriage?

by Anonymousreply 471May 31, 2022 12:18 AM

R471 You clearly don't understand how royalty works. Meghan's child has no chance to ascend the throne, so it doesn't matter if the child was born without limbs, brain, etc. But you know this and are trolling.

by Anonymousreply 472May 31, 2022 12:29 AM

Actually I was referring to children of Dukes, Earls, and all other titles. Are there any besides James?

by Anonymousreply 473May 31, 2022 12:35 AM

Before the 20th century, R473, disabled babies died. So all the defective royal babies died. Take Downs Syndrome (we call it trisomy 21) All downs babies are born with serious cardiac anomalies and most need life-saving surgery in the first year of life (tetralogy of Fallot, cardiac cushion deformities).

So yes, none of these seriously defective babies would have survived.

by Anonymousreply 474May 31, 2022 12:39 AM

[quote] Before the 20th century, [R473], disabled babies died. So all the defective royal babies died.

Let’s agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 475May 31, 2022 1:13 AM

R472, yes of course I’m trolling. The idea of BRF black magic was funny. It’s not that serious. Are you one of those Aspie fellas?

by Anonymousreply 476May 31, 2022 1:16 AM

R474 Low IQ and a large jaw are not life threatening conditions.

He obviously had no serious cardiac anomalies.

He did bring the end to the Hapsburgs, no

by Anonymousreply 477May 31, 2022 1:16 AM

And yes, the inbreeding of course extends to Harry. By the way, both Harry (and William) are related to Meghan. Diana and Charles were related. Kate is also related to William (and Harry). Charles is also related to Camilla. Of course, Philip was related to the Queen, and the Queen mother was related to both Philip and the Queen's father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478May 31, 2022 8:35 AM

^speaking of low IQ, that is.

by Anonymousreply 479May 31, 2022 8:38 AM

R478, those are not examples of true inbreeding; after all, at some point we’re all related. The incestuous marriages in the Egyptian royal family, and the repeated marriages of first cousins in the Hapsburg line, were inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 480May 31, 2022 10:18 AM

A new YouGov poll taken 18-19 May shows a further slump in the popularity of the Harkles in Britain. Even in their best skor, the 18-24 group, the numbers are far below 50% approval.

The news that Euge and family are moving to Portugal where Jack has landed a job with a real estate tycoon, together with the news that the Harkles have renewed their lease on that cottage they thought was so beneath them, raises interesting questions.

For one thing, it proves the tabloids were yet again making up bullshit stories about Andrew being furious about the Cambridges eyeing Adelaide Cottage because he wanted it for Euge.

Euge plans to "split their time" between the UK and Portugal. The question is, will they be returning to FC in the UK?

The suggestion has been that the Harkles are indicating with the lease renewal that they plan to make more frequent visits to Britain in future.

Bit why? They're detested here. I wonder if they are legally allowed to film inside FC? It's a Crown Estate property. Any revenue it generates legally belongs to the Crown and is returned to the Sovereign Grant

Or are the Harkles trying to maintain a bolthole as they find out that Megxit isn't going as planned?

Euge and Jack are basically the Harkles' only real friend in the BRF. If the Cambridges really do move to Windsor, the Harkles would be isolated except for the Queen. Given that Harry managed to insult his father again after the IGs, even if Charles is King, he's not going to be living at Windsor.

Of course, tax issues may be an angle, and Harry's case against the Home Office would be doomed if he have up his only UK address.

Or, all of the above, plus the now obvious need for them not to lose a last remaining symbol of their connection to the royal scene.

by Anonymousreply 481May 31, 2022 10:30 AM

Sister Sam need to be a regular on the Sussex reality show! She’s funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482May 31, 2022 11:15 AM

It's the tax/residency game. The lease renewal is kind of old news, so not sure why the tabs are harping on it now.

by Anonymousreply 483May 31, 2022 11:55 AM

The banana is classic don't get mad, get even. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 484May 31, 2022 12:21 PM

^Team Samantha

by Anonymousreply 485May 31, 2022 12:32 PM

Take note Meg: The children who survived the Uvalde, Texas, school shooting are now relying on GoFundMe to cover the massive costs of their therapy and medical expenses.

by Anonymousreply 486May 31, 2022 12:55 PM

Yes, in fact GoFundME has raised 2.6 million for the children left alone after their teacher mother was killed and their father died a day later of a broken heart.

by Anonymousreply 487May 31, 2022 2:24 PM

R483 My hunch is they're going to move back to the UK because they are broke. Of course they'll spin it to make it sound like they are gracing the royals with their presence.

by Anonymousreply 488May 31, 2022 3:36 PM

They "have" to get divorced, for the good of the children. Harry has to return to the UK in order to continue with his royal "duties," in order to be able to support the kiddies and his soon-to-be-ex-wife. Simple.

by Anonymousreply 489May 31, 2022 4:19 PM

I seem to remember reading that Harry maintaining a UK residence would be necessary if he was to remain a Counselor of State?

Or isn't it a requirement that to fill that role, the person must live in the UK for a certainly length of time every year?

Can someone with more detailed knowledge of these rules and regulations as to Counselors of State expand, confirm, or correct this possibility?

by Anonymousreply 490May 31, 2022 4:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491May 31, 2022 4:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492May 31, 2022 4:49 PM

They won’t be ‘carrying out any of their own engagements,’ the story goes on to say. In other words, no one asked them to.

by Anonymousreply 493May 31, 2022 5:14 PM

LOL! Their PR is really quite pathetic

by Anonymousreply 494May 31, 2022 5:17 PM

r481 It might be linked to am attempt to hold onto his counsellor of state status?

by Anonymousreply 495May 31, 2022 5:42 PM

I don't believe for a minute they're moving back to the UK. What would she do there? Who would be her friends? What would she do? Why give up sunny California for dreary, damp England? How could she live a life outside the monarchy with the Daily Mail on her doorstep and how could she live a life within it? And how could Harry keep his children from being photographed? If she's as bad as they say, the last thing you want is Happy where you can't keep him isolated, because

This talk about Froghole Cottage is mischief. Eugenie's moving because of Portugal, so it's vacant. Let the games begin. Just Daily Mail pot stirring.

by Anonymousreply 496May 31, 2022 7:32 PM

Charles and Camilla will be moving to Portugal tool.

No one wants to deal with the UK>

by Anonymousreply 497May 31, 2022 7:36 PM

She has friends in CA?

by Anonymousreply 498May 31, 2022 7:42 PM

Somebody invited her fat ass to that shoeless picnic.

by Anonymousreply 499May 31, 2022 8:24 PM

R495 I do think that's part of it, but honestly I think Harry is (and perhaps Meghan to a smaller degree) going to end up back in the UK (even part-time) in some capacity. As it has been said before, it's becoming very clear that Harry and Meghan's relevancy depends on them having an active connection to the royal family. This is, IMO the only reason Meghan is coming to the Jubilee (the whole security stuff was BS to give them an excuse not to come). If they didn't come it would look like they are subbing the Queen and it would damage their brand more. Despite their massive egos, they must see that they are already cusping towards "yesterday's news" and being just another pair of Hollywood celebrities. I think that will be clearly demonstrated when Kate and William visit the US later this year. It's already been reported that the elite in the US are already lining up to get involved in William's Green Earth Awards. Even in America a photo will active royals carries more weight than one with Harry and Meghan.

If BP is smart, they'd use this and slowly allow H&M to make some official engagements in exchange for BP having a say in the commercial endeavours and paying them off quietly so they can back out of their Netflix and book deals that could cause the royals more potential embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 500May 31, 2022 8:49 PM

R500 I think Harry's image could be rehabilitated in the UK particularly if he divorces, but I don't think Meghan can really. If you look at the polls out today, the only group that still has a positive impression of Harry are 18 to 24 year olds. Meghan however, is unpopular in every group and the 18 to 24 years appear to be even divided on having a positive/positive impression of her. Even if it's not true, she is seen as the person behind all the shit Harry has done over the past two years and I don't see how she can rehabilitate herself from that impression.

by Anonymousreply 501May 31, 2022 9:06 PM

All Harry's financial hopes are pinned on publishing a scandalous, ghost-written autobiography which will effectively end everything for him. He's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 502May 31, 2022 9:44 PM

R500 - There's a grain of logic in some of your post, but not much more.

The latest YouGov poll shows a further slump in the Sussex's approval ratings in the UK. The BRF can't be seen to shove them down the throat of a public that detests them - especially as any "official" engagements, quiet or otherwise, will involve support from the UK taxpayer. "Official" means representing the Sovereign. Harry and Meghan are not going to pay their own expenses for the privilege of being let in the door again.

Then, there's the little matter of Harry's upcoming memoir.

The upcoming week is a critical one for the Sussexes if they want to mend fences. If their ferocious rage and her uncontrollable mania for centre state (which hasn't abated any if that terrible visit to Ulvalde is anything to go by) leads to even the slightest use of the Jubilee for their own PR ends, the BRF will simply wash its hands of them, FC lease or not.

If they behave themselves, I'll be more inclined to believe that behind the scenes, discussions are ongoing on what the price of even a private photo op with the Queen and the Sussex kids is, and being allowed to keep the lease on FC, etc., etc.

As it is, Harry managed to piss off the UK public AND the BRF just three weeks ago by insisting that he was protecting the Queen and making sure she had the right people around her.

It doesn't much to me like the Sussexes are in a conciliatory mood from that NBC interview after the IGs.

That they need this is clear. How much ball they're willing to play to get it remains to be seen.

Harry cannot function as a Counsellor of State unless he is resident in the UK at least 180 days out of the year. As he clearly hasn't, and has not only lived elsewhere for the last two years but openly trashed the institution and its next two direct heirs, the idea of him being acceptable as one is farcical.

I suspect the Queen is waiting until the Jubly is over to make a series of announcements, one of which is who is taking over as CG of the Royal Marines, another of which is the CoS issue.

I would guess another piece in play is that if Harry wants his kids to have HRHs when she dies, they'd better watch their step.

As far as FC goes, for the poster above, it's a Grade II listed building on the beautiful Frogmore Estate, a half mile from Windsor Castle. I really doubt two mid-level lawyers would be in it, let alone with pieces from one of the world's most renowned personal art collections on the wall. It's a testament to how coarse the Sussexes are that they couldn't appreciate something like that.

But the other issue for FC is that Harry has a case pending before the High Court in England to restore his security status based on his brief's statement that "Britain will always be the Duke's home" and his "immediacy in the line of succession".

That case would die in moments if he let go his only address in England. So, for a variety of reasons, he has to keep his foot in the door with FC.

And, yes, it's possible that their failure to make of Megixt what they thought they could, they suddenly realise they need to keep that door open.

But if Harry's memoir is to be a success, it will need to be dirty. And if it is, the BRF will retaliate. If it isn't, it won't sell.

My guess is, that's what caused the publication date to be put back. They're waiting to see what happens over Jubilee Week, what, if anything, comes out of those behind the scenes discussions that might make a rewrite of the memoir, er, shall we say, "prudent".

Or not.

by Anonymousreply 503May 31, 2022 9:50 PM

And remember it wasn't dirty enough in the first pass... the publisher said to be unimpressed.

I wonder at the discussions between the two of them in private. Did he put his foot down about going back for next week and she said yes to keep the peace? Is he feeling purposeless and starting to pine for parts of the old life, absence making the heart grow fonder and ego smarting at spending thirty odd years being bowed to and the last three in board shorts? Is she wondering how to stay where she wants and keep him in order and keep on with her scheme for world domination? Or are they both outright scheming and this is some kind of power play, returning for the Jubilee? Their egos will be smarting if they couldn't behave during a walk by of Prince Charles' Prince of Wales regalia. This week is going to be heavy protocol and heavy emphasis on line of succession. And he's more in line at McDonalds at this point. I wonder what their angle is. I have complete confidence they'll fuck it up no matter what but I'm not sure where they're coming from.

by Anonymousreply 504May 31, 2022 9:58 PM

r503 Good thoughtful post.

by Anonymousreply 505May 31, 2022 9:58 PM

Well said, R503 and 504.

Here comes their nineteenth nervous shakedown …

by Anonymousreply 506May 31, 2022 10:18 PM

The R500 "Harkles Will Soon Be Back In The BRF" troll is at again, with the astounding suggestion that BP negotiate with them in order to have some say about their grifting targets. Also, they will bail Harry out of the deals he cannot fulfill, because it makes BP look bad! Parliament and the citizens are gonna love it.

by Anonymousreply 507May 31, 2022 10:25 PM

IT'S BEEN 0 DAYS SINCE THE HARKLES INSERTED THEMSELVES INTO THE PRESS.

by Anonymousreply 508May 31, 2022 10:29 PM

R504 Hazza is not pining for his old life and is instead doubling down. Farkles are pumped, on a high from new PR and staff, and ready to rumble.

by Anonymousreply 509May 31, 2022 10:35 PM

Yeah, Harry’s been brainwashed. And he certainly won’t admit he threw everything away for this absolutely cunting Svengali.

by Anonymousreply 510May 31, 2022 10:38 PM

Get fucking bent. The fridge is still reeling from walking over dead kids for a good photo op. That and the horrible picnic photo.

by Anonymousreply 511May 31, 2022 10:39 PM

Ouch.

"The popularity of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is at an all-time low, according to two polls released as they prepare to return to the UK for this weekend’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

The Duke of Sussex now holds a net score of -26 among the British public, according to YouGov, compared to -25 from the previous survey in March. Just one in three, 32 per cent, see him in a positive light compared to more than half, 58 per cent, who think of him negatively.

Likewise, his wife’s net favourability also dropped, from -39 to -42 in the latest survey. Only 23 per cent of the public hold a positive outlook on the Duchess while two in three (63 per cent) have a negative view.

JL Partners also asked the 2,010 over-18s it surveyed between May 20-23 to sum up different members of the Royal family “in a word”. The most popular descriptions levelled at the Duke included “idiot”, “stupid”, “spoilt” and “ginger”.

The Duchess attracted the words “manipulative”, “American” and “actress”.

Only the Duke of York proved more unpopular than the Sussexes in both polls, with a five per cent approval rating, according to JL Partners.

The YouGov survey gave him an approval rating of -80."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512May 31, 2022 10:50 PM

How very embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 513May 31, 2022 11:13 PM

R469 Prince John developed epilepsy when he was four in 1909. There were not effective treatments and over time he became more disabled. He passed away at age thirteen after a severe seizure.

by Anonymousreply 514June 1, 2022 1:30 AM

I wonder how Harry liked the Uvalde shooting. In the UK in 1996 after the Dunblane school shooting, the UK enacted effective gun control.

by Anonymousreply 515June 1, 2022 2:06 AM

Wasn't the renewal of FC news just only 2 months ago or was it longer. This seems like old news repurposed to drum up interest and speculation.

The Samantha "Call Me" message on the banana has just earned her a fan. That literally made me lol. She warned us and dismissed her as trash. Now she's trash w/ some pretty good wit and correct perceptions.

by Anonymousreply 516June 1, 2022 3:42 AM

I was thinking that earlier R516. Her delivery could have used some polishing,but damn if she hasnt called it from the git go.

by Anonymousreply 517June 1, 2022 4:02 AM

[quote]As we see, however, no low is too low for the likes of [R425] who finds it just fine, in a thread about H & M, of all places, to throw it up to me.

You, dear, were the very person who "threw it up" in these many threads as you chose to sign your name, disavowing confidentiality or anonymity, as well as your AA status. You tried to become special.

Because, ya know, you're special with vast stores of knowledge

by Anonymousreply 518June 1, 2022 5:53 AM

Many of us took one look at Meghan from the get go and knew exactly what she was. It's obvious to anyone who has encountered a malignant narc.

by Anonymousreply 519June 1, 2022 6:06 AM

R519 Just curious, what was the one action that set alarms off for you?

by Anonymousreply 520June 1, 2022 8:40 AM

Yes, the lease on FC was up on 31 March. This is old news, bu then the BRF knew Euge was moving to Portugal, and Harry still has to keep a foothold in Britain.

For the record, and I'm not R520, for me the first red flag was antagonising the UK press a year before the engagement. It was extremely foolish on her part.

The second red flag was the Vanity Fair cover article in which Meghan virtually confirmed the engagement before the Palace did. It was already clear that she was in it for the celebrity, didn't give a fuck about showing that she understood the need for discretion in a future role as a British royal, and that a magazine cover her own career would never have gotten her was more important than showing Britain and its monarchy that she was suited to the life.

Then came the engagement photos that looked like perfume ads, the totally inappropriate engagement gown costing $75,000, and the engagement interview in which Harry's subdued face and her steamroller persona clinched the image being unfolded.

I forgot the ghastly outfit she wore at the brief engagement photocall, and the truly underwhelming, poorly fitted wedding gown, with its totally inappropriate long face veil.

Even the Queen couldn't quite keep up the Happy Families Face.

Everything that happened after these signposts was shocking but not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 521June 1, 2022 10:09 AM

For me, it was the engagement interview. MM was performative and phony throughout. Is he nice? And feigning to know of him sealed the deal. Malignant narcs have a tell in the eyes that surfaces intermittently . I felt the manipulation in that interview.

by Anonymousreply 522June 1, 2022 10:59 AM

[quote] for me the first red flag was antagonising the UK press a year before the engagement. It was extremely foolish on her part

I disagree. It was extremely clever on her part. Before that announcement, hardly anybody knew who this bitch was. This changed pronto with announcing publicly that she's Harry's gf.

by Anonymousreply 523June 1, 2022 11:09 AM

I may add, that announcement made her realise she can achieve literally ANYTHING by simply crying "RACISM!!!"

by Anonymousreply 524June 1, 2022 11:12 AM

I always thought it was odd this unheard of American actress somehow spent enough time in London to snag a prince... but it only seemed odd. Through a prejudice about American suitability to joining the royal family, to the speed of the romance, I had my doubts. It felt rushed and very very publicized. The race thing never bothered me. It's the 2020s. I always thought she was pretty.

The Vanity Fair cover seemed fatal to me. I thought that would end it. It didn't. That moved me to skeptical. The exclusion of the ghastly Markle side from the wedding and the packing of celebrities at the wedding seemed... unseemly or, to use the modern word, inauthentic (though I suppose it actually was entirely, in retrosepct.) If the relations were that bad, do a quiet, private family wedding. Like Harry would have cared? But no, the big show...

I thought she was trying in the early days after the marriage. But then it was the drip drip drip of bad, self-promoting calls. The baby scene stealing at Eugenie's wedding. The endless bump cradling with that simpering smile on her face. That baby shower stunt. The constant PR leaks about lifestyle and mission: floating yoga floors, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 525June 1, 2022 11:14 AM

The US press, which was so laudatory of the Oprah interview, has barely covered their subsequent failures and disgraces.

by Anonymousreply 526June 1, 2022 11:14 AM

The first red flag for me was the fact that all of a sudden this nobody, who we were just discovering was in a relationship with Harry was being called a "Hollywood Star!!" After that it was the sudden onslaught of leaks in non-traditional outlets, the Vanity Fair cover story, the "Tee-hee! I'm so bashful!" sticking her tongue out, acting as if she was a young naive girl of 18, and pretending she didn't know who Harry was statements. Then when her insane family started popping out of every gutter, it sealed it. To be fair, if my family where like the Markle bunch, I would have ghosted them too.

by Anonymousreply 527June 1, 2022 5:04 PM

R526 - Depends which press you see. Outlets like NEWSWEEK are actually doing pieces on shit she does like the polo and Uvalde debacles.

But don't look for even-handed coverage from outlets like the NY TIMES, because, you know, well . . . reasons.

by Anonymousreply 528June 1, 2022 5:44 PM

Netflix won't get shit out of the Jubilee.

Harry, fucking moron that he is, by suing the Home Office for the kind of 24/7 armed protection he thinks he and his family merit as occasional visitors, as opposed to all the time like his Senior Working Royal Direct Heirs Papa And Big Bro, will be virtually a prisoner in From Cottage. If he hadn't sued, he and Meghan could have used the Jubilee to drum up photo ops for themselves outside the BRF.

But if they try that without that case being resolved, and in Harry's favour, he can't wander about because the High Court will know he's been full of shit all along (which they probably know, anyway).

So, according to the experts, the only times during this visit that Harry will have that kind of protection is when they're at official Jubilee events where the top tier royals will necessitate that kind of security, or when he's at home in FC at Windsor, where that security already exists because the Queen lives there now.

So Harry has got him and Meghan penned into FC except for a few events where they can get a faint repolishing of their royal auras.

My guess is they'll leave by Sunday night, having shown up at the Trooping the Colour, St Paul's, maybe the Jubilee party, and gotten there Lilibet & Lilibet Birthday Meeting photo op with HM.

by Anonymousreply 529June 1, 2022 5:51 PM

^*Frog Cottage (not From Cottage)

by Anonymousreply 530June 1, 2022 5:51 PM

Why couldn’t they stay at a top hotel instead of that dreary hovel? Will flights be rerouted for security reasons?

by Anonymousreply 531June 1, 2022 5:55 PM

Wasn't the cottage renovated to HER GRACE'S taste before they blew off the UK for sunny California?

by Anonymousreply 532June 1, 2022 6:19 PM

Poster just explained the security situation to you dim R531. I think they will try to sneak out at some point, so fingers crossed for sharp eyed paps.

by Anonymousreply 533June 1, 2022 7:20 PM

You know what I feel like? I feel all the time like a cat on a hot tin roof.

by Anonymousreply 534June 1, 2022 7:46 PM

R532 Yes. and she's still HRH, not Her Grace, even if she doesn't use it.

Three million quid, selections from the Queen's art collection on offer, five bedrooms, a Grade II listed building. on the Frogmore Estate, the turrets of Windsor just a half mile away . . .

And it still just wasn't enough for the former Suitcase Girl from Deal Or No Deal.

by Anonymousreply 535June 2, 2022 9:44 AM

It appears that Harry and Meghan did fly in a private jet. The original story was that they flew commercial, but they didn't. They flew in a private jet and the Queen's car picked them up and drove them to Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 536June 2, 2022 10:42 AM

Who could blame them? They had to enter British airspace, which is SO dangerous, just like Britain itself. I bet there's a photographer with a camera just waiting to injure them with a picture.

It's actually very selfless of them to grace the poor British with their presence under such threatening circumstances, but they needed to come to make sure the Queen is listening to the right people. All those professional advisors can't be trusted - what Granny really needs, is a subscription to BetterUp.

by Anonymousreply 537June 2, 2022 10:56 AM

The children will be dealing with jet lag, a major time difference and having people thrust upon them who are virtual strangers that they are supposed to hug, kiss and interact with. Too high expectation for any child and their behavior likely will not be the best due to the strange circumstances and upheaval in their schedule. Narc moms do not react well to their children behaving less than perfect.... I expect Halfwit Harry will be looking tense.

by Anonymousreply 538June 2, 2022 11:25 AM

That's a fair observations, R538. Those kids won't be used to anything they'll be exposed to this weekend. The little one will probably roll... she's too young to process it, but might be hard for the little boy.

by Anonymousreply 539June 2, 2022 11:27 AM

How much hot tea is going to be tossed on those poor nannies if they don't keep those kids quiet?

by Anonymousreply 540June 2, 2022 1:01 PM

Yes, the kids are going to suffer, especially little Archie. He should have his regular caretaker with him, for a sense of security and consistency. He would be a bit off-kilter after flying 12 hours and being surrounded by hyper, tense adults in an unfamiliar place.

by Anonymousreply 541June 2, 2022 1:20 PM

Archie is 3 yrs old, that's when kids are very curious, but also easily intimidated by unfamiliar surroundings and circumstances. I feel sorry for the boy.

The baby girl with the ridiculous name will probably sleep half of the time due to being overwhelmed when awake.

by Anonymousreply 542June 2, 2022 1:23 PM

^Just wait until the epic fighting begins out there on that balcony. I just hope and pray the poor little tykes don't BOTH get accidentally hurled off of the ledge during the struggle. Wouldn't that just be HORRIBLE!! (teehee).

by Anonymousreply 543June 2, 2022 1:31 PM

R543 - the Sussexes are not supposed to be making any balcony appearance so everything is cool.

by Anonymousreply 544June 2, 2022 2:57 PM

Her hat is HORRIFIC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545June 2, 2022 4:38 PM

Harry and Meghan driving through dangerous London with the windows down.........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 2, 2022 5:00 PM

Now I really do love Kate, but her hat looks like it's from the Jetsons.

The ugly hat Jubbly.

The Queen's is ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 2, 2022 5:36 PM

R547 I agree I loved Kate's dress but the hat was meh, in fact all the fashion today was kind of meh. The Queen looked so tiny in her outfit. As she less mobile now, she's likely losing muscle. Meghan's hat, based on the picture we have, looks like she was blown away in the wind. It would have been better without the huge bow.

by Anonymousreply 548June 2, 2022 5:46 PM

I'm just glad she wasn't fronting one of those enormous fake flowers she seems to love so much. I liked the hat. It reminded me of Diana hat... can't find a pic that's terribly close. It felt eighties and retro to me.

by Anonymousreply 549June 2, 2022 5:51 PM

I agree R549–Diana wore a similar hat once. What does that wretched creature do— comb through pic archives of Diana hoping to evoke her memory?

Diana would have taken care of this bitch pronto.

by Anonymousreply 550June 2, 2022 6:50 PM

R550 she does the same thing to get Harry in the mood

by Anonymousreply 551June 2, 2022 6:55 PM

Yes R550! That's exactly what she does.

I think it proves how utterly stupid she is. I guess, in her mind, she thinks, "If I copy Diana, everybody will love ME, just as much as they loved her!!"

What is that - the thinking of a 10 year old? a 6 year old?

Extreme narcissists get stuck somewhere in childhood. I think it takes empathy to learn - and they're just stuck because they can't take in information in an adult way. Think the Donald.

by Anonymousreply 552June 2, 2022 7:44 PM

R550, I don't know who you're talking about for certain. My point was with regard to Kate's hat. I think Kate is tremendous. Markle could wear a paper bag on her head for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 553June 2, 2022 7:46 PM

I think it's clear R550 meant Meghan (correct me if I'm mistaken)

She's copied Diana many times - clothes, hats, who knows what else?

by Anonymousreply 554June 2, 2022 7:48 PM

Thanks R554, I was referring to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 555June 2, 2022 8:13 PM

Ah, mix up then. I've tried to avoid looking at Markle.

by Anonymousreply 556June 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Very telling there are absolutely no photos of Megz and Harry near Catherine, Camilla or the Wessexes.

by Anonymousreply 557June 2, 2022 9:00 PM

Bet Harry and Megs are furious.

And Andrew has Covid? Really? Bollocks! He’s probably skulking somewhere drinking like a fish.

by Anonymousreply 558June 2, 2022 9:14 PM

Tom Bower's book on Meghan is coming out in July. He refers to Meghan as a brazen hussy in this interview LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559June 2, 2022 9:48 PM

^^You don't hear that descriptor nearly enough.

by Anonymousreply 560June 2, 2022 9:53 PM

"Brazen hussy"

LMAOOOO!!!

by Anonymousreply 561June 2, 2022 9:55 PM

They should be asked to leave the palace immediately and not to return to the festivities in any way.

by Anonymousreply 562June 2, 2022 11:45 PM

Good luck with your should.

by Anonymousreply 563June 3, 2022 2:16 AM

Just who exactly does that brain dead cooze think she's actually smiling to? I love Liz,but she should have told both those snakes to make an excuse and not dare show their faces at the jubilee. Period.

by Anonymousreply 564June 3, 2022 2:20 AM

Can't believe there's no video of her driving through, window down, getting booed.

by Anonymousreply 565June 3, 2022 2:39 AM

Surely that was for the benefit of Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 566June 3, 2022 2:40 AM

They know to keep the windows rolled up for security. Is their desire for attention that great that they would risk their own lives? She looks like a bloated toad with a wig, smiling that smug smile.

by Anonymousreply 567June 3, 2022 2:40 AM

Sometimes the posters on this thread sound like Betty Broderick leaving foulmouthed messages on Dan and Linda's answering machine.

by Anonymousreply 568June 3, 2022 3:20 AM

Hey now, no one said "fuckhead and the cunt."

by Anonymousreply 569June 3, 2022 3:22 AM

R569 Oh, some have sunk to that "dogmeat" level.

by Anonymousreply 570June 3, 2022 3:43 AM

Harry & Meghan were booed leaving St Paul's Cathedral today.

by Anonymousreply 571June 3, 2022 12:12 PM

Did MeAgain wear her fake hair to church this morning?

by Anonymousreply 572June 3, 2022 2:18 PM

All those medals and crosses. For absolutely NOTHING whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 573June 3, 2022 2:20 PM

Daily Beast: Loud cheers greeted the couple on their first joint U.K. appearance in over two years, but catcalls and boos could clearly be heard as well.

by Anonymousreply 574June 3, 2022 3:27 PM

They were BOOED at St. Paul's? Time for the two hungry squirrels to ramp up the hostility and revenge.

by Anonymousreply 575June 3, 2022 4:36 PM

R575 They were booed loudly on their way out for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576June 3, 2022 4:42 PM

If I were H and M, I would get on a plane today and get home. The hostility is too great. Will they get booed if they go to the Derby? It's too much. They need to retreat. You can see anger bubbling up from Harry.

They need to sell their expensive home and decamp to maybe a $5 million mansion instead of $15 million. They don't have the money to maintain such an estate. Is Harry going to start mowing the lawns and gardening? Might be a good hobby for him.

by Anonymousreply 577June 3, 2022 5:39 PM

^They'll be going on an extended safari in Kenya by the end of next week. And actually won't ever be coming back.

by Anonymousreply 578June 3, 2022 6:10 PM

She looks stocky and bloated. Not filler bloated but bloated-bloated.

by Anonymousreply 579June 3, 2022 6:19 PM

R579 yet ironically it's the best she's look attending a royal event......the clothes fit for once.

by Anonymousreply 580June 3, 2022 6:20 PM

The Dior coat was all wrinkly on her and the belt drew attention to her thick waist. I wouldn't call that a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 581June 3, 2022 6:23 PM

Yep those two need to move to the Valley to save money.

by Anonymousreply 582June 3, 2022 7:16 PM

A deadly snub administered by a seating chart: it's like seeing the nineteenth century brought back to life.

Allegedly someone yelled at the Sussexes as they were getting up to leave, "I don't see how you've got the nerve to show up."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583June 3, 2022 7:16 PM

She had a microphone on under the jacket which is why it made all sorts of bizarre wrinkles. So presumably Harry was micced up too. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 584June 3, 2022 7:27 PM

Is it me, or does she suddenly look way older than Harry? I know she is supposedly 3 years older, but Man lately she looks way older. I know extra weight can make you,look older but , don't know, but she seems way older, suddenly.

by Anonymousreply 585June 3, 2022 9:42 PM

R585, having cosmetic procedures, which she allegedly has done, can be aging.

by Anonymousreply 586June 3, 2022 10:15 PM

Middle age has descended upon Sparkles.

by Anonymousreply 587June 3, 2022 10:40 PM

r584- wouldn't that be some privacy breach if they're recording conversations with non-consenting or people unaware of being recorded?

by Anonymousreply 588June 3, 2022 10:41 PM

R583 It’s a sad day in the Sussex household when even Big Suze gets a better seat than you.

by Anonymousreply 589June 3, 2022 10:42 PM

Big Suze knows how to dress and behave herself. And she’s a better actress.

by Anonymousreply 590June 3, 2022 10:44 PM

R580 - Only at first glance. Look more closely and you'll see the bust was too tight and a rogue bra nipple showed through, the back stretched a bit too tightly, so the inverted pleat thus wouldn't fall properly.

I think there is a button under that collar so that it can be stood up, like a Mao collar. I really doubt she was micced. I mean, for what, chit-chat with Euge and the hymns? Netflix can get that on YouTube like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 591June 3, 2022 10:45 PM

R588, in Great Britain the recording itself is not illegal, but making the recording public is.

by Anonymousreply 592June 3, 2022 11:53 PM

What's she recording her conversations for? Going to play them on her Spotify podcast? Recording people without their consent must be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 593June 4, 2022 1:29 AM

Saw someone on youtube or somewhere suggest that Meghan's "nipple" was in fact a microphone.

And she met with Charles and Camilla before going to the church service?

"River" says the situation was tense backstage for the trooping but everyone was told not to ask about Thomas Markle.

by Anonymousreply 594June 4, 2022 2:53 AM

Charles blowing kisses to Catherine speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 595June 4, 2022 7:06 AM

Such informality would have been scandalous and unheard of at the start of the Queen’s reign. Nice to see a human familial gesture among these pampered and privileged humans.

by Anonymousreply 596June 4, 2022 8:12 AM

Who’s waiting on/serving them? Did Eug stock the fridge with organic baby food and Meghan’s avocados? Who’s making their lattes in the morning, and giving the children their baths?

Sorry, I just wonder about what happens behind the scenes. Someone must be assigned to them. There are logistics.

by Anonymousreply 597June 4, 2022 2:35 PM

Didn't they bring a private plane loaded with staff?

by Anonymousreply 598June 4, 2022 4:09 PM

Meghan has a makeup artist and a hairstylist with her for this visit. Does she think she's a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 599June 4, 2022 4:38 PM

Among other things.

by Anonymousreply 600June 4, 2022 4:43 PM

I can't get over how the BRF brought H&M over and just completely humiliated them without even saying a word. Their royal stock has completely tanked. Their revenge was so cold and precise and sterile.

by Anonymousreply 601June 4, 2022 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!