Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry and Meghan are doing a reality series for Netflix

sorry "docu-reality." Good lord, are their 15 minutes up yet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2022 7:24 PM

Nothing says privacy like camera crews in your house.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 9:14 PM

DWTS over on Disney+ is looking for Z-listers to compete.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 9:15 PM

we'll be hate-watching with relish, despite what that says about us. (Feel free to singularize; I'll own it.)

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 9:20 PM

If this actually gets picked up I think they will get a lot of hate watching viewers, and give The Daily Mail more advertising clicks.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 9:25 PM

I mean the royal family do these but its usually half a look round the palace, half follow them as they go on visits with some nice old home movies thrown in for flavour. I'm not sure watching Harry play Polo for the 4th time that week then returning to a McMansion to drink and stare at the picture of Diana over the mantle until 2am is going to have quite the same effect.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 9:31 PM

Will the reality show show how many nannies they go through (one per episode) with Meghan screaming at and hurling plates at them before they scurry (unpaid) out of the house?

Will it show Harry pulling shit out of Meghan's ass like Bobby did for Whitney?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 9:34 PM

Like you won’t watch.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 9:46 PM

Fifteen minutes? I wish.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 9:46 PM

Harry and Meghan denied that they would do anything this tacky. But Netflix had patience. They waited until these two got hungry and weak, then they went in for the kill. It took just a little over a year.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 9:49 PM

r7 No, no I'm definitely watching this

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 9:50 PM

Whew gurl, a reality show already? Checks not coming in hunny?

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 9:55 PM

Good lord they're a disgusting pair.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 9:56 PM

Montecito Shore!

With special guest stars!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 10:04 PM

Time to pull the titles, Your Majesty.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 10:10 PM

Royal Housewives of Montecito

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 10:13 PM

No surprise here, this is all they could possibly offer. They’re not showrunners and TV producers or creative people.

Only issue is it won’t be trash Tv I’m sure it’ll be a snooze

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 10:21 PM

Gotta have those cameras rolling when the Queen croaks = BIG RATINGS!

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 10:22 PM

Meghan has convinced Harry that he can handle this level of exploitation, but in the end he won't be able to, mark my words. once he's in the saddle Netflix will demand more and more inanity and royal gossip to keep the pay checks coming. This is exactly where Meghan wanted to get him. This is what the marriage was all about, from her perspective.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 10:23 PM

r18 I think they are both as bad as each other.

r9 Do you think this was Netflixs long game plan all along?

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 10:30 PM

Harry will laugh at everything and Meghan will cook and teach us mere mortals how to cook - and act like Martha Stewart. And there will be polo. The children will be rarely be seen or heard.

They will try to be like the Thomas Crowne Affair but they don't have enough class to pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 10:32 PM

Too funny. They are unaware of how trashy they are.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 10:35 PM

[quote]Royal Housewives of Montecito

Meghan call me gurl, I'm available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 10:36 PM

Keeping Up With The Dumbartons

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2022 10:39 PM

Time to visit my relatives in the States! When are they filming?

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 10:45 PM

R19, yes, I really do think that this was Netflix's plan. From the very beginning they wanted the Sussexes sitting around and trashing the royals. They offered money, and waited. When Netflix did not get what they want, they told the press how "disappointed" they were. That clearly was a threat by to cut off the Sussexes if they did not give Netflix reality TV-type content.

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2022 10:46 PM

15 minutes of fame?! These people will be in history books. The grandson, son and brother of the British Monarch!

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2022 10:48 PM

Don't forget me and Jack! He can work the bar and I'll hostess.

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2022 10:51 PM

Had this option been available at the time, you know that Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor would have done the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2022 10:53 PM

For a person who hates the press Harry sure does court ‘em. It’s almost as if he isn’t in control of his own life and choices.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2022 10:57 PM

I want to see Jess Mulroney on Megan's shitshow. For the giggles and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2022 10:58 PM

[quote]For a person who hates the press Harry sure does court ‘em.

Like mother, like son.

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2022 10:59 PM

Fucking sad. Diana would be mortified.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2022 11:00 PM

R30 Meghan and Jessica are no longer on speaking terms. Meghan ghosted her a while back now. Allegedly Jessica spoke to Tom Bower as part of his tell-all book about Meghan coming out soon.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2022 11:19 PM

Diana and Dodi would be moving in for Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2022 11:22 PM

Well i refuse to subscribe to netflix if this is the kind of trash they are going to put out.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2022 11:30 PM

There I was, thinking THAT revelation would be a barn burner! Meghan coming out!

Then I re-read and the only thing coming out is a book about the extremely over-exposed commoner wife of the guy who doesn’t want to be a prince anymore.

:sigh:

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2022 11:33 PM

Who told you that R33? Sounds like frautalk.

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2022 11:35 PM

Hmmm..yeah...what else is on?

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2022 11:39 PM

I can juggle!

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2022 11:49 PM

I was just reading that Zillow has valued their house in Montecito at twice what they paid for it. I have a feeling they'll be selling up and moving soon.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2022 12:08 AM

[quote]I was just reading that Zillow has valued their house in Montecito at twice what they paid for it.

Probably just internet fluff

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2022 12:16 AM

r40 They were rumored to be moving to New York the other month. I can sort of see them wanting to get Archie into a good school there. Its also a much quicker trip for when the inevitable happens with Liz.

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2022 12:19 AM

OP, don’t watch it. Problem solved.

Now I’ll help you with that nagging problem you have when you have a full bladder and pressure pain but you just don’t know what to do ….

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2022 12:35 AM

I think this is what they call "water finding its own level".

They were never really fit for anything else - well, she wasn't. With the right wife, he might have been part of something that was greater than the sum of its parts.

This does present a problem for the BRF, though. If he wants to make a mockery of his Prince title, that's one thing; but making a sleazy mockery of the title that his grandmother gave him as a gift, and that represents real people in a real place in England is quite another.

She should have taken that ducal title after that one "trial year". And if this story is true, the BRF and the government need to take not only the Sussex title, but post haste announce Harry's removal as a Counsellor of State, and any possibility of ever serving as Regent in William's place if he dies before George is eighteen.

What a comedown from all their lofty claims and posturing.

And the Hollywood producer who made the remark about Netflix getting its pound of flesh after all? Dear God.

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2022 12:52 AM

It will be as bad as Liza and David’s reality show. Markle my words!

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2022 12:55 AM

'The Man He Has Become' = riding on his birthright, living off his inheritance, trashing his family, aspiring to emulate Kim Kartrashian.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2022 1:00 AM

How tacky!

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2022 1:01 AM

Can we see Harry in the shower?

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote}Can we see Harry in the shower?

Ewww, please gawd, NO!

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2022 1:19 AM

How many pictures of Diana will the camera catch on the walls in the premiere?

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2022 1:23 AM

This was so predicatable. I don't know who is laughing harder: Kate or Camilla. The sad part is they are pulling this shit because the Queen may very well be on her way out and can't uphold standards of dignity.

by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2022 1:29 AM

What new lows will they stoop, too? Meghan secretly having her father call in ratings? Samantha wheeling up to the house in her wheelchair demanding to see her sister? Dora doing "impromptu" Yoga sessions on the lawn. Harry having conversations with a holographic Diana?

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2022 1:34 AM

Fame whores.

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Everyone knew this is where it would eventually end up. And here we are. Once he does his book, she does her book, and then this show? They will be officially spent as a brand. The next natural step, in the celebrity narrative, is divorce.

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2022 1:40 AM

That can dress this up as a docuseries, but it’s straight up reality tv. It’ll be boring as fuck I’m sure, but I expect fans and foes will be watching. However, the majority doesn’t give a fuck about them and this will ultimately bomb unless they go with made up drama like the Kardashians and RH.

by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2022 1:41 AM

How long before we're comparing Meghan in this show and Amber Heard on the witness stand? (who wore it better?)

Harry will be Bruce Jenner before he figured out how to outshine the others in the family (or at least, that's what he thinks he did, and bragged about it, to boot.) Oh wait, now I know why Harry spread his cheeks - a sneak preview!

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2022 1:41 AM

I don’t think they are interesting enough for this to be a multi year deal. They take themselves too seriously to be the Kardashians or real housewives.

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2022 1:55 AM

Wonder how much Netflix is paying them for this shitshow

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2022 2:03 AM

Harry has a nice crotch. Not huge, but full.

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2022 2:08 AM

I agree with R9, and that was Oprah’s move as well. I think the Sussexes would have gotten to this same place eventually, but COVID was absolutely awful timing for their bid for fame and independence and put both Netflix and Oprah in a strong strategic spot.

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2022 2:09 AM

Will there be this type of fare on their Netflix show? Meghan describing to potential johns how wide Harry can stretch his hole of accommodate some really BIG DICK? Harry then like a good little whore, demonstrating his potential..so worth the watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2022 2:28 AM

Harry complained his life in the royal family was like The Truman Show. Now he is literally going to star in The Harry Show.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2022 2:54 AM

Yet another Datalounge prediction fulfilled!

They really must be strapped for cash. This will be a disaster. Can’t wait!!

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2022 3:13 AM

I’m sure Meghan thinks she can control the plot. But these realty producers know how to get the worst out of everyone.

I can’t imagine that Netflix will go easy on them, especially after they f&$ked them over by giving interviews to anyone who would have them—except Netflix.

If Meghan has editorial control, though, it will be a dull and dreary as everything else she touches.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2022 3:19 AM

I always felt (despite the privacy bullshit they spewed) they were more about attention than cash. Sure they want money, but attention is more what they covet.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2022 3:28 AM

The are calling it a "docuseries." Oh fuck, please, It's a reality TV show.

Markle will try to dress it up and make it preachy and hypocritical so that it doesn't seem like Kartrashian trash, but if she does that, it'll be boring. It'll be boring anyway, but these two Monteshitto gifters will try to make it something that it's not.

How many times can they cook a chicken and send a box of diapers to a women and children shelter?

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2022 3:28 AM

They really are nuts aren’t they. Escaping the fishbowl of royalty to start a new one in the States based on being, yup, royal celebrities. Do they need the money? Where will they run when the press goes after them for their vapor and hypocritical new lives? Boy this must make the Queen et al. very sad. Most of the Windsor’s are not very bright. Harry’s right up there with his uncle and his great uncle.

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2022 3:31 AM

Oh I know, they can write nauseating messages on bananas intended for all the Montecito hookers walking the streets.

"I like myself. I'm good enough. And I'm worth it."

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2022 3:32 AM

Oh Jesus, can't Markle just write a decent book?

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Please god, let Netflix troll these imbeciles to filth in the editing room. You know they want to by now.

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2022 3:41 AM

r67 When they quit the royal family as working royals in january 2020 to live abroad they said in their manifesto online that they wanted to remove the medias public interest justification for writing about them.A docuseries or reality tv show goes against that and gives the media unimpeachable public interest justification to report on them.

by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2022 3:52 AM

...to report on them and trash them...

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2022 4:09 AM

Will this show M in the dressing room, screaming that she knows her body and will not wear anything above a size 4?

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2022 4:27 AM

r72 Well if they cant cope with a free media then starting a reality television series is a bit daft-The media has no obligation to be fawning and uncritical.

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2022 4:52 AM

Their PR will correct anyone who calls the Sussex docuseries a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2022 4:58 AM

Exactly my thoughts, r64. Meghan is really going to have to marshall all her acting skills to get through this. But you know the mask will skip at some point or another. I was wondering how much editorial control she will have to try and prevent those moments from reaching the final product. Or if with producer credits, she can demand the camera crew turn over unflattering film/video.

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2022 8:11 AM

Her fake arrogant self is so boring. I predict Harry will be more interesting (when he's AWAY from her). He's more natural and goofy.

She's over-controlled, not witty, so so phony, just useless for this sort of thing. I don't think she even knows who she really is - and she'd certainly never let us see it (on purpose - they may corner her and we might get a glimpse of her inner rage - now that I might even tune in for)

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2022 8:16 AM

Surely desperate Netflix is not so stupid as to give this egomaniac editorial control - or any kind of producer status. They were stupid to sign them in the first place, H&M have stabbed them in the back with the NBC interview and whatever else... Get 'em back, NF! You can do it!

by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2022 8:19 AM

They'll get a producer credit but I doubt they'll get much overall control. Netflix is a lot bigger than the increasingly isolated Sussexes and for the millions its reported to have paid the so far all they've got is a show about the Invictus games which I doubt was a ratings hit. And given the current state of Netflix financially crashing to earth they're going to want their pound of flesh.

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2022 8:54 AM

[quote] Harry’s right up there with his uncle and his great uncle

Great uncle? Who dat?

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2022 9:04 AM

Bwahahahahah! Can't wait for the reviews!

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2022 9:35 AM

R80 The one who abdicated the throne to marry Mrs Wallis Simpson. No, that was Her Maj's uncle, so that would make him Harry's great-great-uncle?

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2022 10:05 AM

Have we heard from Lady C, River, and Neil Sean yet? Has Scabies come out yet with a post lauding his puppet masters for their warmth and openness and how this doesn't at all clash with their royal status and dignity? Or their fierce insistence on privacy for their family life?

And, er, WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? As Diana once famously said.

Is it remotely conceivable that Arch and Lili aren't part of this deal? Do Netflix seriously think that the public will be entranced by a look at all the trendy neutrals whilst Meghan babbles about herself, with no kids in sight?

So they'll be exploiting their kids for money?

Pavarotti was right: you can't hide onstage.

Meghan and Harry are at their least attractive when they're personally exposed in situations like this. They always come off badly. That's why the royal gig was so great: all the attention one could wish but from behind the protective screen of royal service..

Because Harry and Meghan are not nice people. They should have stuck with Good Works Carried Out Behind A Benign Smile. No one would have kown how vapid, shallow, imitative, self-absorbed and nasty they really are.

I hope Tom Bower's book hasn't gone to print yet, because he's going to have to get this in.

It is the perfect epilogue for a book about Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2022 10:36 AM

I like the detail in the article that Netflix wants it by the end of 2022, but the couple are pushing for an extension.

I’m still waiting for a podcast. The first promo came out in December 2020, and since then? Bupkes. Isn’t something supposed to be out next month?

by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2022 10:37 AM

I suppose the “leaked” sex tape is the next step in this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 85May 19, 2022 11:10 AM

[quote] Netflix wants it by the end of 2022, but the couple are pushing for an extension.

I'm guessing that's something to do with them not wanting Netflix film crews around them for the Jubilee visit?

by Anonymousreply 86May 19, 2022 11:20 AM

It’ll be a docuseries. I’m sure it will be nothing but them doing charity.

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2022 11:43 AM

I'm guaranteed to watch the first episode. After that, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2022 11:44 AM

Is Harry a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2022 11:48 AM

This impending teevee show, if it's for real, is going to REQUIRE that Smeg is going to have to somehow smuggle Lilliebucks and Merchie out onto that balcony. And that means that Killer Kate will be compelled to deliver a decisive coup de grace to all of the Douchesse's smarmy calculations and plotting. I hope we get to see a long slinky arm shoot out across the door, and barring Smeg and the children from ever reaching that public spectacle that the Harkle-Markles continued viability absolutely demands.

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2022 12:03 PM

Aren't there at least two balcony appearances and the Harkles can do one of them?

And then the big birthday party for Lilibet. Which of the royals will go? and how will it look for those who don't (not that the Queen would be expected - but Grandpa and Grandma surely?)

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2022 12:08 PM

IMHO, it's about time for HMTQ and the British Parliament to take away those titles and to kick Harry out of the Line of Succession.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2022 12:13 PM

I'm counting on Mrs. Cambridge to call in anonymous bomb threats for any fetes for Lilliebucks and Merchie during the big shebang.

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2022 12:24 PM

A peek at LSA's Unpopular Opinions Meghan Markle Part 7 (yes, 7) to see their take was instructive. Those LSAers are like bloodhounds crossed with Miss Marple.

Someone saved a screenshotcof a tweet by Omid Scobie in 2020 dismissing the idea of the two doing a reality show as obviously false. They have no plans to do anything of the kind.

There wascalsova screenshot of a Telegraph article that this reality show had been in the works whilst they were still inside the BRF, with cameras following them around - including in Buckingham Palace.

Given the level of security at BP and that no one simply wanders around filming, I find that last bit laughable.

Someone else pointed out with screenshots that in April, a "docu-series" had been listed as a Netflux project on the Archewell web site. As soon as Meghan's cartoon series was axed, the cartoon AND the docu-series were erased from the list.

So, either Netflix demanded the reality show to get back some of the advance money it paid the Harkles, or this entire story is false.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2022 12:26 PM

But will she write inspirational notes on bananas?

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2022 12:53 PM

Are they still calling the SB police out to their house every other day? Maybe we'll finally see what that's all about.

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2022 1:12 PM

What’s the origin of this banana thing?

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2022 1:15 PM

R95, if it weren't for the second (?) MMUO thread on LSA which had a whopping 9000 (!!!) pages, there would be about thirty of these MMUO threads by now.

Tbf, some ladies provide really good, informed, and insightful posts there. I guess lots of these youtubers making a living off the Markle shitshow like, say, River are avid readers of this thread, getting lots of their 'info' and ideas from there and not from some mysterious 'sources' like some Earl's daughter, some clergy guy, or some less important Royal.

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2022 1:16 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2022 1:18 PM

"Messages of inspiration on fruit." I KNOW that Smeg's epitaph will be at least as long as some of the books in the Bible, but I really do hope that phrase can be worked in SOMEWHERE on there.

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2022 1:20 PM

Meghan doing the tour:

And this is our THIRTEENTH BATHROOM!

It is decorated to honor all the women who have been so savagely attacked by the media and people who will not stop until all of nature's princesses are killed in military actions in tunnels in Paris.

And my husband Just Harry likes shells so there are jars of them and it all has blue lights.

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2022 1:21 PM

R76 I'm sure Meghan will give off serious Kate Gossellin vibes in this.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2022 1:23 PM

Something tells me this will implode and never even air.

Netflix will want conflict (driver of all narrative) and the Duke and Duchess of Montecito will want "uplifting and aspirational." After seeing hours of nothing but carefully curated "look how wonderful and enlightened we are," dull as ditch water footage, Netflix will pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2022 1:35 PM

Have the Netflix cameras been seen at the polo matches? If not, this demonstrates the control that MM has over the production.

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2022 1:39 PM

R103 On the plus side, this will most likely end their deal with Netflix sooner rather than later and we'll all be the better for it.

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2022 1:39 PM

Not sure if they need the money, but if you read through the lines, it sounds like Netflix is pointing legal guns at them to get this show done.

I can't wait to see who drops by for tea. Oprah? Gayle? The Clooneys? NO ONE is interested in watching Meghan taking calls and meetings while pretending to run Archewell. Do they really want to show Harry playing polo and risk the wrath of the animal rights activists. The show is destined to be a hot mess and I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2022 2:25 PM

Wonder if they will hem & haw to try to get what they want on this. Wouldn't it be ironic if Netflix sued them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2022 2:41 PM

If this is a failure, they will be even bigger laughingstocks than they are now. If this is a success, they will still have sold out their privacy for a buck. There really is no way for them to win here.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2022 2:47 PM

R106, that’s exactly what it’ll be about. I doubt they’ll even show the kids a lot, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote] MMUO thread on LSA

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2022 2:57 PM

When abolition is ended by the supreme court, will anyone buy Meghan? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 111May 19, 2022 3:10 PM

r106 I mean there's no way they don't need the money. It was after the Netflix deal was originally announced they suddenly managed to pay off the taxpayer for Frogmore cottage. Before that the rough guess was they had about $5 million altogether which isn't enough to keep up the image they need. If Netflix and Spotify start demanding content Harry really isn't in a position to refuse.

by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2022 3:19 PM

If the marriage goes south I wonder if they could get him for a special edition of the Batchelor. It does not seem too unrealistic these days.

by Anonymousreply 113May 19, 2022 3:22 PM

I want Osbornes 2.0. Dog shit everywhere, incoherent husband, throwing meat over the neighbours fence. Go Meg

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2022 3:23 PM

I want grey gardens

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2022 3:24 PM

"On this episode of A Sussex Life, Harry and Meghan do a séance to contact Diana."

Harry: *shouting into a crystal ball * MUM? DO YOU HAVE ANYMORE MONEY STASHED AWAY SOMEWHERE, MUM?! PAPA CUT ME OFF!"

by Anonymousreply 116May 19, 2022 3:29 PM

^Incoherent AND INCONTINENT Harry. In nothing but great big man-diaper, with drool running all down his chin, and babbling about his Mommy.

by Anonymousreply 117May 19, 2022 3:34 PM

Does anyone remember this? The new version would have to be "this is the real Harry, who wants it?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 19, 2022 3:35 PM

LSA is Lipstick Alley, a black women's gossip forum. The Meghan Markle Unpopular Opinions thread has been running strong for some time and is one of the Klan Granny Troll's major targets.

by Anonymousreply 119May 19, 2022 3:44 PM

Sounds dreadfully frau.

by Anonymousreply 120May 19, 2022 3:48 PM

Deadline has already been "corrected" by Sunshine Sucks for calling it a "reality TV show".

On Twitter #HarryandMeghan is trending. No, it's not about their reality TV show, it's because it's their wedding anniversary. There are 100s ofsickly saccharine tweets from their troll farm, praising the Greatest Love The World Has Ever Known!

So Sunshine Sucks' modus operandi: when bad news emerges, get the troll farm to trend something dumb on twitter to change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 121May 19, 2022 3:51 PM

There was an article in The New York Times yesterday or the day before that, as Charles and Camilla this week in honor of The Queen's jubilee, states most Canadians have no desire to see him succeed as Head of State of Canada. The popularity of the monarch has waned over the past decades. From the article:

Large and enthusiastic crowds greeted Charles when he visited Canada with Diana, his first wife, three times. But public interest in him swiftly declined following their separation in 1992.

His sometimes patronizing manner does not work well in a country that values egalitarianism. The relationship between Charles’s brother Andrew and the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who hanged himself in a Manhattan jail, have further eroded support among Canadian for the monarchy.

Their standing was further damaged after Meghan Markle, Charles’s daughter-in-law who lived in Toronto and British Columbia, said in an interview that she was subjected to racially insensitive comments by royals.

by Anonymousreply 122May 19, 2022 3:56 PM

Four years ago today, this disaster happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 19, 2022 3:56 PM

"Harry and the old bag now have a reality TV show? Cringe de la cringe!"

--Cressida Bonas

by Anonymousreply 124May 19, 2022 4:00 PM

R122 "racially insensitive comments by the royals"? Meghan made that shit up to kiss Oprah's cooter. Harry said a member of the family mused about what their future kids would look like before they got married. And nobody knows if that royal wasn't looking forward to Meghan getting rid of the ginger gene.

by Anonymousreply 125May 19, 2022 4:06 PM

r125, or indeed that future sprogs might have normally spaced eyes.

by Anonymousreply 126May 19, 2022 4:12 PM

R126 or toothpick legs

by Anonymousreply 127May 19, 2022 4:19 PM

R125, Meghan never claimed that she was subjected to a single racially charged comment by the family. She said she had been told of a remark by Harry.

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2022 4:22 PM

I do hope Harry helps out with the household chores. Surely Meghan can’t do all the dusting, scrubbing and vacuuming to get the home camera ready all by herself. Especially with two little ones to take care of.

by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2022 4:29 PM

One wonders why Meghan tries to compete with the Kates of the world on their home turf.

You can tell Meghan is unhappy with all she has because she can’t stand that other people (Kate) have more.

But Kate’s game (no job, anorexic brood mare best known for keeping her mouth shut) never should have been Meghan’s game.

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2022 4:38 PM

Hopefully they won't show Harry's unflushed toilet.

by Anonymousreply 131May 19, 2022 4:39 PM

r128, she made some smirking implications though. Archie didn't get the title of prince ( that he was not eligible for ), no government security for her non-prince son . ( the things are not related, but hey.) Newborn Archie was denied the right to trolly around the London clubs with his own protection officers. The conversation with Opera wa it was because Arcie was black.

by Anonymousreply 132May 19, 2022 4:39 PM

Damn. I am kind of speechless. I feel sorry for their kids, as well. Mommy and Daddy have finally sold out to the big TV bullshit in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2022 4:43 PM

She implies that she heard the comment about their child’s skin color directly. Harry later said it was said to him and he relayed it to Meghan. They weren’t even on the same page with their racism narrative they were trying to push.

by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2022 4:45 PM

I’m surprised the “Royal Turds” aren’t up on eBay yet, R131.

Perhaps they will be auctioned off.

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2022 4:45 PM

BUAHAHAHAHAHA! You thought having one of our preproduction shows cancelled meant we were down and out. Wrong! We have lots of shows coming, to remind you all of how amazing we are and how useless and pathetic you are! Muhahahahah!

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2022 4:49 PM

I saw a meme on my Internet travels and it fits perfectly with these two shit stains.

"Successful people have a sense of gratitude. Unsuccessful people have a sense of entitlement".

by Anonymousreply 137May 19, 2022 4:50 PM

Oh, R99, thank you. You may have made my day. Supportive fruit messages! 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 138May 19, 2022 5:29 PM

How long until Meghan is on QVC?

by Anonymousreply 139May 19, 2022 5:46 PM

We called it, didn't we?

What a mess they are, and I love it! This can only be boring, beige, and preachy or a trashy embarrassment. They're desperate, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 140May 19, 2022 6:08 PM

Totally desperate, r140! 😉

by Anonymousreply 141May 19, 2022 6:11 PM

And you know it’s going to be the former so ZZZZZzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 142May 19, 2022 6:12 PM

R91 There's no set in stone tradition f oi r two appearances. Given the Queen's frailty and mobility issues, and everything else the Jumbly is producing two balconies seems a tad excessive. And with the latest round of hostility Harry through at his father and brother, the news of the reality show, the upcoming memoir, wy al., why would they let the Harkles on a second one any more than the first?

The point is to keep they story from becoming the Sussex Story.

I note that Pss. Beatrice is riding in a carriage with Sophie Wessex at today's event.

One suspects that Euge should have backed the other horse, whilst sweet, placid Bea kept out of it and just might squeeze out a trial run at replacing the Harkles. It's her second quasi royal appearance in a month.

by Anonymousreply 143May 19, 2022 6:18 PM

I always imagine the queen tossing pizza dough in the air , smiling widely as it lands on her outstretched, bejeweled hands.

by Anonymousreply 144May 19, 2022 6:43 PM

With a father obsessed with Daily Mail commenters, I'd worry too...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 19, 2022 6:48 PM

Their descent is so rapid it's almost like a burning plane: from Harry's ridiculous "BetterUp" "job", to the cancellation of Mommy Smegma's important cartoon project, to the no-go on the balcony, and now they're being reduced to "REALITY TV," all in the course of about a month. They can't POSSIBLY last more than another month before they'll be at the point where we'll never hear of either one of them again AT ALL. Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 146May 19, 2022 7:06 PM

Will we get to see the 16 loos?

R139 - Yes, selling hair weaves.

by Anonymousreply 147May 19, 2022 7:06 PM

^Uh oh. Har-Har's getting all worked up about free speech in the US again. I hope he doesn't do anything drastic about it.

by Anonymousreply 148May 19, 2022 7:09 PM

Anyone think the words grace, dignity, class pertain to either M or H? OK, I'll give a slight pass Harry's Nazi dress up was a while ago, Naked pool as well, Paki friend, umm not so long ago. Stupid comment right up to the minute, presenting hole at the Polo match.

And Meghan (see below).

If Netflix tells them the ywill give them more $$$$ to drop their drawers & take a dump on camera, they'll say how much will you pay for 2 dumps. Neither of them ever had any dignity to lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 19, 2022 7:12 PM

How can Netflix force them to appear in a reality TV show against their will, though? If they try it and Meghan doesn’t want to, they can expect lawsuits and all manner of trouble. She’ll make trouble for the Where’s my diamond tennis bracelet? It was here on the counter. Okay, no camera operators are allowed to leave the premises until they’ve been strip-searched. Harry, call the SBPD now!”

Netflix might as well just write it off as a loss.

by Anonymousreply 150May 19, 2022 7:35 PM

Meghan has spent most of her life in the “biz”(dad a cameraman, actress for decades) This is the best she could come up with???? She didn’t want to return to acting??? Or produce? Or write??

by Anonymousreply 151May 19, 2022 7:47 PM

[quote] Meghan has spent most of her life in the “biz”(dad a cameraman, actress for decades) This is the best she could come up with???? She didn’t want to return to acting??? Or produce? Or write??

Or be Patron of The National Theatre, as she would have been if she didn’t find freedom.

by Anonymousreply 152May 19, 2022 7:54 PM

"latest round of hostility he THREW at his father . . "

R143 ( before I get Oh, Deared)

by Anonymousreply 153May 19, 2022 8:01 PM

She wasn't exactly a prominent actor R151. Blowjob Girl, Suitcase Girl, supporting part on obscure cable show that is better known now years later. Just saying she was not really an "actress for decades," and more one who experienced lots of rejection.

by Anonymousreply 154May 19, 2022 8:10 PM

It will fizzle quickly. They are boring and have no real friends.

by Anonymousreply 155May 19, 2022 8:18 PM

The thing he did at r145 didn't get any coverage. He is slipping into where he belongs, just another motivational speaker on an over saturated circuit.

by Anonymousreply 156May 19, 2022 8:32 PM

Has Sir John Elton called? Because David Furniture really fucked the Montecito Two.

by Anonymousreply 157May 19, 2022 8:33 PM

I hope in Netflix tries to give Harry, and Meghan a bum edit, and they flip out and sue them. I'd love to read over their contract if it gets filed in court documents.

by Anonymousreply 158May 19, 2022 9:06 PM

R151 She'd kept her agent when she married Harry and, after Megxit, declared that she would only take major roles. Bitch thought Hollywood was going to give her her own Marvel franchise. Delusional. I doubt even Hallmark would want her back which is probably the level of projects she was being offered (if any).

by Anonymousreply 159May 19, 2022 9:15 PM

Da end

by Anonymousreply 160May 19, 2022 9:36 PM

R114, I would be very surprised if Charles didn’t pay that.

As for Canada and the monarchy, I doubt the monarchy will be abolished.

by Anonymousreply 161May 19, 2022 10:13 PM

The Canadian provinces are so suspicious of each other, they will never choose a different head of state.

by Anonymousreply 162May 19, 2022 10:31 PM

Those two already have a history of litigation. If they sue Netflix, they'll never have.lunch in that town again.

Am I the only who remembers that shortly after the move to California, the rumors were rampant that they were offered several reality shows, including Dancing with the Stars? Meghan grandly announced they would not consider reality TV. It was around the time she announced she was open to parts in major films if there were A List directors attached. We know how successful that move was for her.

by Anonymousreply 163May 19, 2022 11:14 PM

Nope. I remember that too.

by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2022 11:16 PM

This is sad. I'm not a fan of theirs. But this is their version of a middle class junkie kid stealing the family tv and selling it for drug money.

by Anonymousreply 165May 19, 2022 11:45 PM

If the cameras follow Meghan around long enough they'll be sure to catch her pitching a fit and being the nasty little bitch she really is. This show could be comedy gold!

I don't think they're in a position to demand anything, let alone creative control over the final edit, anymore.

by Anonymousreply 166May 19, 2022 11:54 PM

R166, fingers crossed, oh please, lord Almighty, if there is anyone in heaven, please let them film her abuse the staff and Harry!! I'd watch the LIVING SHIT out of that!

by Anonymousreply 167May 20, 2022 12:00 AM

She would never let that footage see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 168May 20, 2022 12:01 AM

What can she do about it though - they have to give netflix something and I seriously doubt they will show her in advance. The ship of 'Her-Opinion-Matters' sailed ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 169May 20, 2022 12:05 AM

R162 Yup. It took the provinces and the federal government over 30 years just to agree to the terms to repatriate the constitution from the UK (the process tarted in the late 1940s and wasn't completed until 1982) and Quebec never signed in. Additionally once they open the constitution to try and remove the monarchy, what's stopping the provinces from trying to renegotiation their own powers and expand their purview. Canada will be the last Commonwealth realm to remove the Crown. Charles will be King of Canada and I wouldn't be surprised if William is King of Canada too.

by Anonymousreply 170May 20, 2022 12:05 AM

She would get an injunction of some type and claim the stress is making her want to kill herself/miscarriage, whatever it takes.

by Anonymousreply 171May 20, 2022 12:08 AM

I doubt this "docuseries" / reality show will ever air. I think Meghan will be too controlling and self-conscious to get anything interesting on film.

Will Netflix sue for breach of contract? That will be interesting. Seems like Harry / Meghan got a shitload of money for just being Prince Harry & American Wife.

I do think that Meghan's idol is Angelina Jolie, not Kim Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 172May 20, 2022 12:13 AM

This is so fucking tacky. Cringe de la cringe!

by Anonymousreply 173May 20, 2022 1:11 AM

R170 Charles very brief tour to Canada has been surprisingly well-received and his final speech regarding residential schools is getting a lot of praise. Even the media in Canada has basically acknowledged even if we wanted to, the monarchy is too entrenched in the constitution to do anything about. Andrew Chang on CBC last night summed it up perfectly saying "regardless of whether we love it loath it, the monarchy is here to stay in Canada and we might as well make the best of it."

by Anonymousreply 174May 20, 2022 2:14 AM

r156 Irrelevance beckons for these two and deep down I suspect they know it and fear it. If they are still seeking public and media roles, drama and media attention in 2024 I think the tedium people feel towards their antics will be stark. 2024 is the year when all their major bullets have been fired and life has still gone on while they wonder why they didnt get the reaction and outcome they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 175May 20, 2022 2:16 AM

Canada, Australia and New Zealand are doing so much better than we are. Being in the Commonwealth obviously helps prevent psychos like Trump from getting elected.

by Anonymousreply 176May 20, 2022 3:13 AM

Unless Netflix is forcing this on them, they might as well drop it and admit they’ve failed and try to make amends with his family or adopt a very modest lifestyle. If not, do they expect this series to continue for the next 40 or 50 years of their lives d asp that they can maintain. Their lavish spending? There will be no further books to sell and next to no reputable corporate sponsors. They should just bypass the degradation of this show and proceed immediately to plan B.

I laughed at people who thought they would be a huge success, but even I thought they would get four or five good years out of it. It’s been barely two years and they are essentially finished.

by Anonymousreply 177May 20, 2022 3:45 AM

Maybe Charles has a financial guru and they’ve help the gruesome twosome make a lot of money through stocks/investments, etc

I don’t think they’re hurting for money, but this reality show sounds dreadful

by Anonymousreply 178May 20, 2022 3:51 AM

How could they not be in delicate financial shape? They spend money profligately on homes, PR firms, litigation, and paid-for honors. Their only sources of income are his inheritance (which is probably funding most of their activities) and a handful of one-off contracts that were doubtless exaggerated in value and unlikely to be renewed.

by Anonymousreply 179May 20, 2022 3:57 AM

They are pretty profligate. The Montecito house is crazy, IMO. All the attorneys' fees as well for all their stupid lawsuits. AND security. If they had stayed at Frogmore, they could have saved their money and had less need for security.

by Anonymousreply 180May 20, 2022 4:06 AM

r179 r180 Also I think their core problem is they are millionaires who want to live like billionaires and don't seem to grasp that its not going to happen and its not sustainable. They are in La La land literally and figuratively. To most people the money they have gone through since they left the UK is fantastic and something they could live happily and comfortably on. But not these malcontents. Their expectations and sense of entitlement is crazy relative to what they have to offer.

by Anonymousreply 181May 20, 2022 4:24 AM

It could be that an American reality show is what she always dreamed of...a show entirely about HER, in her glittering coastal mansion, with servants and security all around, where she can express her insightful thoughts and showcase her unique taste.

At the beginning, it looked as if she might have had a chance at eclipsing Kate. MM was naturally prettier, younger looking, much more confident, and had a lot of experience of not revealing negative emotion on her face. Kate, who was heavily pregnant when the Fab Four made their first stage appearances as an ensemble, looked haggard and often tired, bored or cross. You could almost read MM's thoughts...this is a piece of cake.

But time has passed, and Kate's star has soared high in the heavens whilst MM's has sunk far below the horizon. There have been so many bad photos revealing her considerable figure flaws, execrable but costly taste, and obvious weight gain. Kate has evidently gotten a better stylist, a better hair and makeup person, a better esthetician, and (I think) has made a deal with photographers, exchanging access for favourable shots. William also has improved his image while poor Harry's has declined along with his receding ginger hairline.

However, this show may never get off the ground. Someone here said they heard the reason the cartoon series was cancelled was that MM wanted to micromanage every detail, making the character look just like her, have her voice, etc. The makers of reality shows know how to get mileage out of their stars, creating drama and comedy and Netflix is not going to let some washed-up actress, excuse me, duchess, screw with that.

by Anonymousreply 182May 20, 2022 7:56 AM

I don’t think MM is naturally prettier or younger looks king than Kate. MM has a ski slope nose and badly wrinkled skin. I think they’re pretty equal in attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 183May 20, 2022 8:26 AM

R176

Really? Do you know who the largest holder of your debt is? Why don’t you look up China’s top real estate firm going delinquent on their payouts to bond holders this past September. We’re all in for a world of hurt; it’s happening in real time. Enjoy your moral superiority while you can.

by Anonymousreply 184May 20, 2022 8:43 AM

Is this the series where Harry shows he’s just an average bloke trapped in the royal family...and proves it by going off to play polo for the season?

by Anonymousreply 185May 20, 2022 8:58 AM

Meghan has a lot of blackheads on her face.

I truly hate her, and I just want to know that all this global mockery and loathing is causing her to suffer. Because she is the type who is so delusional that she can twist disdain into approval.

by Anonymousreply 186May 20, 2022 9:42 AM

I would imagine they aren't hurting for money, per se. I'm sure they've turned to financial advisors to invest the money they have, they don't need Charles' help to find one in America. During the height if the pandemic, the rich got much richer as the stock market did f ac fantastically. If they had anything resembling a decent portfolio they made money.

But what they call real money is probably eluding them. They have huge property, house-grounds staff, security, and legal expenses.

They want to be very rich. They aren't.

Their foundation only raised $50,000 in its first year, and they keep hiring people for it. I think the site boasts nine or so people, all with managerial level titles. How the hell are they paying them?

They may have millions, but their costs are in the millions, too. If they want to stay A-listers and live like ones, they really do need a great deal more money than they appear to have attracted.

With their alleged friends and contacts, that foundation should be at least in the mid-six figures.

I think they have alienated almost everyone they've come into contact with, from the hands that fed them back in Blighty to Netflix, Spotify, politicos, journos, the British government just stuck it to Harry by taking away the handling of TEAM UK IG participation from HfH, an IG partner, and giving it to one if the Queen'smost prestigious patronages, the Royal British Legion.

Everyone seems to step back after an initial experience with them.

They need tens of millions to get to and maintain the rung they're aiming for, and they haven't got the goods to push them up there.

Charles isn't that rich. The TIMES Richest List just came out. Charles is a pauper compared to the industrial and business giants on that list. The Queen didn't make it into the top twenty, let alone Charles.

The Chancellor, JK Rowling, the Duke of Westminister, Dyson . . . They could buy and sell at least Charles, and a couple could buy and sell the Queen.

The current generation of Windsors at this point in history punch well above their weight in wealth, because they have access to living spaces that they never had to buy, jewels that they didn't have to buy . . .along with innate status that money can't buy.

That's why the Sussexes were so foolish. They should have realised that they couldn't replicate their golden gig outside the golden circle.

They kept making fools of themselves. Oprah was a line they should never have crossed. The timing was catastrophic. The ANL court battle showed that they lied to the public about their involvement in that moronic book and she was willing to perjure herself about it. That horrible book she wrote that flopped . . .

Harry couldn't even get through a 12 minute interview after the IGs without pissing off more people whose good will he needs, i.e. his father and Netflix.

Character is destiny.

by Anonymousreply 187May 20, 2022 10:26 AM

[quote] Canada will be the last Commonwealth realm to remove the Crown. Charles will be King of Canada and I wouldn't be surprised if William is King of Canada too.

If Canada will be last, then the UK has to become a republic. Charles or William or George or Charlotte will then set up court at Rideau Hall as resident monarch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 20, 2022 10:31 AM

*sigh* Right On, all posts from r177 up to the last.

Seriously, that "reality" series would be a hit if it were totally about them embracing and admitting mistakes and their efforts to make-up and seek forgiveness of immediate BRF. Hell, it would be even more interesting it depicted them trying the same with her family.

But that would take some talent at self-deprecation, some talent at comedic irony, some acknowledgement of the pickle they've created for themselves.

Of course, the BRF would NEVER, nor should ever, they agree to be a part of it.

Here's, however, a scene I would die to see- Harry is on the phone. Meghan sitting there watching. "Oh, thank you, Giles. You've relayed my message to the Duke? Oh, that's right. His schedule is the whole day. Well, when he has a moment let him know I called."

then, it shows the moving to a more modest home....

That's it. That would interesting. Hell, I may even renew my subscription to Netflix to see something like that. It also would be an enormous risk, but the pay-off would be great.

[quote] The current generation of Windsors at this point in history punch well above their weight in wealth, because they have access to living spaces that they never had to buy, jewels that they didn't have to buy . . .along with innate status that money can't buy.

[quote] That's why the Sussexes were so foolish. They should have realised that they couldn't replicate their golden gig outside the golden circle.

So, so true. And now, they're aging into irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 189May 20, 2022 11:44 AM

What blackheads? You mean the giant black mask strapped to her face?

by Anonymousreply 190May 20, 2022 11:54 AM

I'm curious about what "amends with the fam will look like, not that I think Markle will ever crawl back to the UK. They've got their Frogmore Cottage for another year and security on the premises, Harry has his allowance, and the sprogs' education will be paid, so the BRF's part of the amends has already been completed.

by Anonymousreply 191May 20, 2022 12:07 PM

Meghan's skin is not aging well, any closeup when she isnt covered in makeup shows that, and at the roots and temples of her hair you can see grey crinkles when she needs to have it done. Her hair, skin, and weight have erased the pretty small-boned if not terrific figured ngenue.

Well, she's 41 in a couple of months and she's had two kids in three years, it's stupid to expect either her or Kate to look the way they did at 20 or 30.

But I don't think Meghan has taken as good care of herself as Kate, and I strongly suspect that both Sussexes, especially Harry, have indulged themselves on controlled substances.

Harry's sibstance abuse problem extended beyond marijuana and it got covered up by the Palace and the courtiers he hates so much.

And Harry is aging far worse than either his wife or his brother and sister-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 192May 20, 2022 12:09 PM

R187. I would doubt their financial position is secure. It’s possible they hired competent advisors and heeded their advice, but it’s likely Harry in particular hasn’t the slightest idea of managing money given his intellect and the fact that everything has been managed for him throughout his life. Even if they had good advisors, do they have any record of following good advice?

It is also unlikely they have an enormous amount to invest. He has his mother’s inheritance and the book and media deals. It is highly unlikely that they got upfront anything like what they blow dyed of from Netflix and Spotify. The book deals were probably accurately reported but they don’t provide tens of millions per year. I wouldn’t count on betterup paying him huge amounts in cash.

In short, they are spending tens of millions a year on a net worth of only tens of millions.

by Anonymousreply 193May 20, 2022 1:37 PM

Meghan, like Harry, was moderately attractive at the time of the engagement. They both were presentable when they 1) kept their weight under control, 2) had staff managing their dress and grooming, 3) avoided trashy clothes more suited to people who are significantly younger and non royal, and 4) held on to the last vestiges of youth. None of those four conditions currently applies.

At no point was Meghan more attractive than Catherine.

by Anonymousreply 194May 20, 2022 1:44 PM

Maybe irrelevant, but in one episode of Lady C, she was talking about Harry and his troubles and started sniffing, repeatedly, to make the point that a big problem of his is blow.

by Anonymousreply 195May 20, 2022 2:32 PM

A previous Canadian tour is what made me love Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 20, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote]It’s possible they hired competent advisors and heeded their advice

When has Meghan ever heeded anyone's advice, R193? She's like Jussie in that way (he went through numerous lawyers because he wouldn't listen to any of them). Bitch things she knows better about everything.

by Anonymousreply 197May 20, 2022 2:39 PM

Oh, this latest turn is delicious. Fingers crossed Netflix's final product shows at least some of the crazy that goes on in Montecito. They have to be down to their last dollars, otherwise they would have bought their way out of their Netflix contract rather than go the reality show route.

by Anonymousreply 198May 20, 2022 3:04 PM

They are now reduced to a side-show, wannabe Kardashians. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 199May 20, 2022 3:05 PM

R196 Camilla and Charles laughing caused a controversy but I'm sorry, my reaction would have totally been Camilla's I mean who thought two woman making "fucking" sounds was appropriate for royals. That being said, Charles and Camilla's tour this time was actually surprisingly successful. The Trudeau government apparently thought there would be no interest and were surprised by the turn out, so much so that Trudeau issued a farewell statement to Charles.

R199 They were always going to go down this route. The Sussexes are not fooling anyone but their sycophantic fans.

by Anonymousreply 200May 20, 2022 4:40 PM

R182 “MM was naturally prettier, younger looking, much more confident, and had a lot of experience of not revealing negative emotion on her face. “

I can hear you sniffing. Why have you been in the bathroom for 50 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 201May 20, 2022 4:58 PM

Meghan couldn’t even make it through one tour abroad before her terrible personality came roaring forth. Her supposed experience did nothing for her.

by Anonymousreply 202May 20, 2022 5:33 PM

This is going to be such a disaster that I just might actually glance at it.

Can you imagine? "We want privacy" while hiding their daughter for strategic unveilings and now, after their failures everywhere else, Netflix has the Nothing To Contribute Couple doing a house tour, just like MTV's "Cribs."

How Archewell. How Sussex Non-Royal. How low. How them.

by Anonymousreply 203May 20, 2022 6:26 PM

At the moment, Meghan’s sole purpose is to get a publicity picture of Lil Lilibet with Big Lilibet.

The way the future maps out depends on if she gets that picture.

by Anonymousreply 204May 20, 2022 8:41 PM

There is no pre-nup. Megz gonna scoop bigly. I never liked her although I never knew her. Him I don't know but I wish him luck. he's gonna need it.

by Anonymousreply 205May 20, 2022 8:44 PM

Are they selling the Olive Garden mansion and moving to NYC already?

by Anonymousreply 206May 20, 2022 8:45 PM

Where are they gonna live in NYC? Even if they’re living Jackie Onassis style, they’re still in an apartment building. They’re not gonna take their kids to Central Park, there’s no place for outdoors Harry to be a beach bum or play polo. It’s Green Acres in reverse.

by Anonymousreply 207May 20, 2022 8:51 PM

Oh yes, let these idiots move to New York. Society there will GRILL them for their stupid antics and their delusions of grandeur, hahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 208May 20, 2022 8:57 PM

Hello. Meghan needs to be in NY for all the important work she assigns herself at the United Nations

by Anonymousreply 209May 20, 2022 9:03 PM

She'll discuss her pussywhipping techniques with the former Vairst Leddy.

Vairst Leddy in return will teach her how to say "Put the money on the drawer" in five languages.

by Anonymousreply 210May 20, 2022 9:09 PM

What do these people know about reality? OK, there's money--they love it. But other than that.....

by Anonymousreply 211May 20, 2022 9:11 PM

Okay, fine. Let's go with a "docuseries" and not a reality show. And to drive the point home that it's a docuseries, it will be boring beyond belief with the Markles trying to act all noble and self-righteous giving to charity, saving the planet and giving the appearance of guarding their privacy.

Not that being part of a reality show is any better. A reality show would be thoroughly degrading.

So they have a choice: Be boring beyond words or degrade yourself.

by Anonymousreply 212May 20, 2022 9:50 PM

I would definitely torrent that show if it's a trainwreck, but I wouldn't bother signing back up with Netflix to watch it. I hope it happens and it's hilarious. I'm disappointed Pearl didn't happen after hearing all the behind the scenes gossip about how terrible it was.

As for her weight, narcissists are angry all the time so she's probably eating her feelings, scoffing cake like a frau at a office birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 213May 20, 2022 9:51 PM

I can't see them in NYC. Harry would make Alec Baldwin's dealing with the paparazzi look like best friends having tea

by Anonymousreply 214May 20, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote] she's probably eating her feelings

Do vampires have feelings?

by Anonymousreply 215May 20, 2022 10:08 PM

Would Netflix let them make a boring, preachy, self-promotion? Just how suicidal are they?

by Anonymousreply 216May 21, 2022 12:01 AM

It’s rumored Netflix canceled Heart of Invictus documentary and is going to use what footage they have in the reality show/documentary about H & M.

by Anonymousreply 217May 21, 2022 12:40 AM

So it's sounding like this "series" is going to end up, what, 20 minutes long, total? Then what?

by Anonymousreply 218May 21, 2022 12:48 AM

This guy is so much better at ditties than Meghan and her horrid “Bench”.

He also taps into the rumored annulment with Joe, the slime antics of Marcus, and the secrecy and bizarre circumstances surrounding the Markle pregnancies.

Well done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 21, 2022 12:52 AM

Meghan is a Duchess. I think it's disrespectful to refer to her as a Busy American Beaver, even if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 220May 21, 2022 12:59 AM

[quote] Busy American Beaver, even if it's true.

Think her Busy Beaver is the reason she is a Duchess.....only via proxy to A (dim) Prince.

Think the disrespect has been demonstrated from the Duchess: on many accounts. The guy in the video is just calling her out. Rightfully so.

Markle has long ago soiled any claim to being a “Duchess”. History will not look kindly upon her or her husband.

by Anonymousreply 221May 21, 2022 1:04 AM

Harry should not do this because he's going to look about as bright as Jessica Simpson did in her reality show...

by Anonymousreply 222May 21, 2022 1:06 AM

R222 that's the whole point, silly

by Anonymousreply 223May 21, 2022 1:10 AM

R205 Aside from The Monarch and The Prince of Wales (Duke of Cornwall) the Royal Family are fairly cash poor. Why do you need money if you effectively live for free?

It's been engineered that way for generations, everything is held in trusts.

by Anonymousreply 224May 21, 2022 1:11 AM

Wonder how soon the will be openly entertaining the oily Oligarchs? How soon for intense washing the dirt & blood stained money, bowing & scraping, shucking & jiving, humiliating themselves for LACash. Kinda like Uncle Davida & Auntie Wallace who had a wiley doing the Nazi tour. Strange isn't it how history repeats itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 21, 2022 1:16 AM

Time to pull the titles, Your Majesty.//

While Pedrew still has his? Don't think so, fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 226May 21, 2022 1:30 AM

R225 is drunk and R226 is STILL trying to make “Pedrew” happen. Still.

by Anonymousreply 227May 21, 2022 3:09 AM

The monarch's favors still are granted inconsistently, as ever, but with some attention to "smell the public will smell" since Victoria.

The monarch's children have been supported (and not meanly) directly by the sovereign, with costs of official duties drawn from the Sovereign Grant with the expectation that an appropriate portion of their lives would be spent in service of the monarchy/nation. The present lot gets their work costs for the family covered by the Sovereign Grant, and each of the four have received bequests, gifts and other

Prince Harry fucked that, and Andrew is fucked by that.

by Anonymousreply 228May 21, 2022 3:53 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 21, 2022 3:56 AM

Meghan is already going through the Ukrainian baby catalogue to one up Liz & Co.

by Anonymousreply 230May 21, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote] The present lot gets their work costs for the family covered by the Sovereign Grant, and each of the four have received bequests, gifts and other

Hope this isn't too dumb a question - but who are the four? I would have thought more - Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Anne, Edward, Sophie?

by Anonymousreply 231May 21, 2022 5:03 AM

Meghan has bad skin because as of late, she seems to be wearing pancake style makeup. Or maybe the photographers were being particularly cruel with their angles at the IV. Meghan wears very heavy bronzer. I think she adjusts her foundation color and bronzer levels depending on if she needs to be a POC for the day or not.

by Anonymousreply 232May 21, 2022 6:31 AM

R226 - the Queen may be able to pull 'prince' and 'princess' away from the Harkles but she can't strip him of the peerages without an act of Parliament. Harry is also KCVO where Anne, Princess Royal, is Grand Master... I don't think she's a fan. But there is no real will to remove these titles at present.

by Anonymousreply 233May 21, 2022 11:01 AM

Meghan's little puppet, Omid Scobie, put up a message about a day after the news broke saying he had to go away for a while to attend to personal business . . . But would be returning.

Translation: even he couldn't find anything wonderful to say about this. Rather than face the tidal wave of jeers and questions, he just fled.

He probably fled to Montecito, where he's huddled in conference with the Harkles and Sunshine Sachs and whoever the latest Comm. Dir. Is to figure out how to deflect, blunt, or justify the way they have to fork over their pound of flesh they owe Netflix to avoid being sued for breach of contract and/or having to return their advance.

That even Scobie couldn't take the heat on this one tells you how ugly it got behind the scenes.

He'll be back when the story cools down more, using soothing phrases like tasteful, informative, welcoming, refreshing . . . How come the Cambridges don't do this?

Oh, wait: Kensington Palace is a Crown Estate property open to tourists at certain times, in certain areas, and the revenue that generates goes back into the Sovereign Grant.

Ooops.

If the Cambridges had done this Scobie would have been all over them like a rash.

by Anonymousreply 234May 21, 2022 11:11 AM

Such a shame Sadiq Khan didn't meet up with them. I so wanted to hear H call the Mayor of London his little paki friend. Opportunity missed.

by Anonymousreply 235May 21, 2022 11:19 AM

Isn't Omicron Scabies facing severe legal trouble because of some shady business activities?

by Anonymousreply 236May 21, 2022 11:21 AM

r236, I think it's unpaid tax but on a small scale..he is hardly google. The actual journalists are gloating though.

by Anonymousreply 237May 21, 2022 11:31 AM

I can't believe we have to go through this again.

Technically, the Queen can take away anything she gave. She didn't give his Prince title, he was born that. But his ducal title was a personal gift from her.

Parliament may have to rubber stamp it, but it would be up to the Queen to get that ball in place.

Petitions have already been sent to the government requesting that it remove Harry's ducal title.

Parliament responded publicly thusly: This is a matter strictly for the Queen."

On it's own, Parliament wouldn't touch this with the proverbial pole unless Harry had been caught selling military secrets to Vlad. And even then, they would privately ask the Queen to make the formal request.

Harry was born a Prince of the Blood. She cant do anything about that although she can put the HRH into abeyance.

Abeyance would be one way around outright stripping and without involving Parliament.

So you have it from Parliament's own mouth: fuck off, tell it to HM, we have enough problems right now, and as soon as we hear from the Queen, we'll just sign it and move right on.

For what it's worth, Harry has committed High Treason by attempting to undermine a direct heir to the throne - in his case, two. Yes, it's still on the books.

Of course, so did Diana by committing adultery whilst married to the direct heir.

Two of Henry VIII's wives lost their heads on the adultery charge (Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard). And how delicious that the Harkles' wedding anniversary soukd be the very date on which Anne went to the block.

Anne told her ladies on the day not to worry, "for I have a veryi little neck".

by Anonymousreply 238May 21, 2022 11:36 AM

I thought she told the axe wielding executioner that? In any case, tough gal. Glad I wasn't born into that era.

by Anonymousreply 239May 21, 2022 11:46 AM

Didn't they bury Anne in a gun box as they hadn't made her a coffin?

by Anonymousreply 240May 21, 2022 11:48 AM

As far as 'prince' and 'princess' are concerned, they depend on the will of the monarch expressed through the letters patent. The Queen could strip the Harkles of their princely titles by new or amended letters patent. She does not need Parliament for that. She is also a constituent part of Parliament which is made up of her, the House of Lords and the House of Commons: only Parliament could remove the peerages, via a Titles Deprivation Bill to which she would give the Royal Assent on the advice of the prime minister. The removal of KCVO can be done internally within the order or via the Honours Forfeiture Committee. But there is no will to remove anything, despite petitions. Adultery and high treason are not the same thing so please don't conflate.

by Anonymousreply 241May 21, 2022 12:06 PM

I don’t think this “reality” show will ever happen. Meghan is far too controlling over her image and brand, and there will be endless edits and arguments over what is allowed to air. There will be an endless parade of producers and editors quitting, if she has any role in the production whatsoever. There will be battles and chaos and drama.

by Anonymousreply 242May 21, 2022 3:34 PM

Considering the nightmare Pearl was with Meghan running the show, surely Netflix has taken steps to remove from any producing role for this docu series

by Anonymousreply 243May 21, 2022 3:40 PM

All the people who got fired by Netflix from their "diversity push" and who are now tweeting about the GoFundMes they've opened up, should ask Meghan to hire them for her fake company so they can get health insurance at least. It's wasting money on the Harkles that contributed to Netflix's financial problems.

by Anonymousreply 244May 21, 2022 4:37 PM

R239

Re Anne Boleyn

[quote] I thought she told the axe wielding executioner that?

Anne Boleyn was executed by sword, not axe. Supposedly the swordsman executioner was summoned by King Henry VIII as a act of mercy because of his skill at his job. Being able to wield the sword while the victim knelt upright. Better than having to kneel with one's head on the block.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 21, 2022 5:00 PM

As the link at R245 explains, the executioner used a two-handled broadsword (an expensive, heavy weapon), and took off her head with one strike—a very humane death, considering the times.

by Anonymousreply 246May 21, 2022 5:14 PM

The axman often butchered their victims, so a swordsman from France was paid for the job. Anne was to have been burned or beheaded at the King's discretion.

by Anonymousreply 247May 21, 2022 5:16 PM

Goid Lord, people!!!

by Anonymousreply 248May 21, 2022 5:30 PM

Wasn't Anne Boleyn black? Perhaps Meghz should try to lure Netflex into her playing Anne in a new production of Anne of the Thousand Days.

by Anonymousreply 249May 21, 2022 5:35 PM

Meghan Strikes Back: Simon Case who let her be bullied in Buckingham Palace to be incinerated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 21, 2022 7:35 PM

r250 She wasn't bullied in Buckingham Palace and Simon Case worked in Kensington Palace anyway.

For the millionth time it is not the job of palace officials to close down a free press and media to protect the ego and feelings of members of the royal family. Would americans have been happy if Trump had the power to shut down media criticism of himself to protect his feelings? Nope I don't think they would so why should an unelected Duchess have that expectation in the UK??

by Anonymousreply 251May 21, 2022 8:31 PM

I think their future is clear:

MEGHAN TO BLOCK!!!!!!

Harry is too dumb to play.

by Anonymousreply 252May 21, 2022 9:48 PM

What's their show to be called? "The Sussex-full Life?" "Harry Loves Meghan?" "Living The Dream?" "The Royals of Montecito?"

by Anonymousreply 253May 21, 2022 10:11 PM

'Dumbarton and Dumbartoner'

by Anonymousreply 254May 21, 2022 10:17 PM

THIS ROYALLY SUXX. Starring The Duke, and Duchess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 255May 22, 2022 12:59 AM

The Tiresome Two. Megalomaniacal in Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 256May 22, 2022 2:01 AM

He always looks like such a slob. And egregiously balding too, it’s visible from the front now.

by Anonymousreply 257May 22, 2022 2:10 AM

When Harry Met Rachel

by Anonymousreply 258May 22, 2022 3:01 AM

Stay tuned for: Those Whacky Windsors!

Next on Netflix!

by Anonymousreply 259May 22, 2022 3:03 AM

Netflix, really? The same Netflix that is bleeding subscribers and has lost 2/3 of its stock value?

Sounds like a winner!

by Anonymousreply 260May 22, 2022 3:07 AM

They're becoming like the "royalty" version of Lucy and Desi Arnaz mass steroid media publicity saturation.

by Anonymousreply 261May 22, 2022 5:42 AM

This talk of financial hardships seems unlikely. Didn't Meghan win against ANL? She would surely have been awarded a fortune from that.

With regards to Netflix, I doubt they got the full amount (as stated in the press) upfront, so they might have a steady income stream now projects are emerging - albeit very, very slowly.

by Anonymousreply 262May 22, 2022 10:00 AM

She received £1 in damages and had part of her legal fees paid.

by Anonymousreply 263May 22, 2022 10:20 AM

R251 Commiting adultery on the Sovereign IS ON THE BOOKS AS A FORM OF HIGH TREASON along with other things. So is attempting to undermine a dirct heir to the throne.

Both Boleyn and Howard were executed for high treason on the basis of their adultery, Boleyn's including incrst with her brother. He was also executed.

The Queen cannot do whatever she likes with the those Letters Patent, there has to be a basis for them.

She created William's children HRHs because they ate direct heirs. She can stop Harry's children from getting them when she dies by changing how the system works with LPs. But targeting those two children bu name sd specifically would never fly..

Removing Harry's ducal title is reasonable. But removing his Prince title is impossible. He is the grandson of the Sovereign and the son of the next one. He was born to the purple. She cannot in any practical sense remove that.

Name one case in English history where the Sovereign formally renoved the style and title of HRH Prince/Princrss from any legitimate offspring.

The whole point of royalt birth is tha it's innate. That's its excuse for existing at all.

You can't "erase" royal blood.

That's why the married-ins are second-rate royals. Meghan would lose that title in a heartbeat in a divorce now. Its only hers by courtesy through Harry.

But Harry cant lose his because it's by virtue of blood. The Queen isn't going to contradict that logic or it undermines the foundation upon which the whole house is built.

The ducal title: yes:; the title of Prince by birth: no.

The only way Prince goes is if Harry files for American citizenship and thus has to disclaim all former foreign titles, and stops using it. And even then, the media would still be calling him Prince Harry.

Symbolically, the Queen should take the ducal title. He and Meghan have that all over it. But practically, then Meghan could go around calling herself Princess Henry.

The title issue is too fraught with too many little appreciated nuances to make a clean cut. So the Harkles are probably going to get away with their traitorous bad behaviour and go on slinging their and their kids' titles around. That is, unless Harry gives them up and Meghan would probably cut his throat first.

Unless she really does cherish political ambitions. In which case, the titles woild have to go because they would be millstones around her neck.

There's only a slim chance the ducal title will go, and that might fly if Harry's kuttle memoir is sufficiently defamatory.

But we do agree that there is simply no appetite for this particular battle. The BRF will focus, instead, on marginalising and reducing them to total irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 264May 22, 2022 10:38 AM

^*little (not kuttle) memoir

by Anonymousreply 265May 22, 2022 10:41 AM

Was it ever revealed what the ANL(love how its so close to anal..as in what total arsess they are.)settlement actually was. Anyone know & have the real amount. Not the inflated like his face, Scooby-Doo amount.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 22, 2022 10:45 AM

R262,for what it’s worth, per Page Six, last July, when the book was announced:

[quote] As Page Six revealed, Harry has been secretly writing a memoir for nearly a year and has now sold it to Penguin Random House. …While the renegade royal said Monday he will be donating all the proceeds to charity, it’s yet to be made clear whether he will keep the multimillion advance — believed to be at least $20 million, according to publishing insiders.

[quote] Meanwhile, we’re told that Harry’s co-writer, power ghostwriter J.R. Moehringer, is getting at least $1 million as an advance.

by Anonymousreply 267May 22, 2022 11:07 AM

Wow, R263, I had no idea. Who did she piss off to get such paltry damages?

Thanks, R267, that's a hefty sum for a ghost-written biography!

I've not really been following the Sussexes much; this reality TV idea has piqued my interest, though. I don't care that they wanted to leave the BRF, but I did assume they'd have made more of an impact by now. I've always liked Harry, but he seems to be lost without the Royal support. I've no idea what Meghan brings to the table... certainly not good literature, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 268May 22, 2022 11:09 AM

R262, also, it was widely reported, subsequent to the July 19 press blitz, that:

[quote] In addition to Harry's officially-announced memoir, the deal is said to include a wellness book from Meghan Markle and another book by Harry that reportedly won't be published until after his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, dies. Details about the fourth book are currently unknown.

They’ve got a lot of work to do.

by Anonymousreply 269May 22, 2022 11:12 AM

A wellness book from Meghan Markle? OMG. She makes Gwyneth Paltrow look like a Mayo Clinic expert.

by Anonymousreply 270May 22, 2022 11:15 AM

[quote] She created William's children HRHs because they ate direct heirs.

Sweet Mother of God, those demon spawn are worse than we thought.

by Anonymousreply 271May 22, 2022 11:38 AM

R268 The UK Courts are quite snide with people who almost qualify as vexatious litigants, she was lucky to get her legal fees. Several UK celebs have been bankrupted by winning multiple libel cases.

The Government list of truly vexatious litigants is published online and updated monthly, they are not allowed to launch a court action without permission, some people on it have been there for over 60 years and are likely dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 22, 2022 1:22 PM

R266, we don't know what the award was in that suit, but that's revealing in and of itself. If she had been personally awarded significant damages (as opposed to just recovering her legal fees) surely that would have been leaked.

by Anonymousreply 273May 22, 2022 1:27 PM

£1. I believe the term is derisory damages. Plus, she will only have got about 85% of her costs back; you never get 100% on party and party costs.

by Anonymousreply 274May 22, 2022 1:34 PM

H&M have parted ways with their global press secretary. They don't hold onto staff for very long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275May 22, 2022 1:58 PM

r275 She'd been with them since 2020 so that's a pretty big changeover. They already replaced her though so I'm guessing she was pushed out for someone from NBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 22, 2022 2:18 PM

[quote] The Government list of truly vexatious litigants is published online and updated monthly

LOL!!!!! Thanks for publishing that r272. I didn’t know such a thing existed.

[quote] Williamson, Reverend Paul Stewart

Oh, Vicar. What’s your deal?

by Anonymousreply 277May 22, 2022 2:26 PM

What happened to Miranda Barbot? You know, the PR GURU who was an intern on the Obama campaign. Did she quietly slink away, too?

by Anonymousreply 278May 22, 2022 2:33 PM

Who is PAYING for all these professionals? Archewell only took in $50k. That doesn’t even pay an admin salary.

by Anonymousreply 279May 22, 2022 2:35 PM

[quote]Who is PAYING for all these professionals?

***ahem***

by Anonymousreply 280May 22, 2022 2:42 PM

R276, the new hire doesn’t have any connection to NBC as far as I can tell but she’s worked at several companies

by Anonymousreply 281May 22, 2022 2:43 PM

Harry probably comes into their offices and farts

by Anonymousreply 282May 22, 2022 2:43 PM

Didn't Mary Tudor and Elizabeth Tudor both lose their princess titles at various points in their father's battle with the Church?

by Anonymousreply 283May 22, 2022 3:00 PM

What could the holdup be? "The Sunday Times reports, a spokeswoman for publisher Penguin Random House told the paper it did not yet have a publication date, and would not confirm whether the book would still appear this year as planned. Harry’s spokesperson gave the Times “a similar response…and another source said there was ‘some uncertainty’ over the book’s publication date.”

by Anonymousreply 284May 22, 2022 3:03 PM

[quote] Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG) produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.

r281 The article says she's coming from these guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 22, 2022 3:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 22, 2022 3:11 PM

I TOLD you the book isn’t going to come out this year. These two can’t produce ANYthing. Harry began “writing” it in 2020, supposedly. The ghostwriter was on board sometime around July 2021, and it was targeted to hit the shelves in September 2022. Even Donna Tartt writes faster.

by Anonymousreply 287May 22, 2022 3:14 PM

They haven’t produced more than half an hour of content for Spotify in two years.

If this “reality show” ever pops up on Netflix, I’ll eat my hat. And I’m not holding a lot of hope for the Invictus Games thing, but it’s the most likely to be completed. There are other people working on it and Markle doesn’t care enough about wounded military to fuck them over.

by Anonymousreply 288May 22, 2022 3:17 PM

The book will appear after TQ dies, not before; otherwise Harry will be accused f killing her.

by Anonymousreply 289May 22, 2022 3:20 PM

R289 Harry has another book due out once HM passes away

by Anonymousreply 290May 22, 2022 3:23 PM

Thanks r285, totally spaced on the “NBC/Universal” bit.

I keep hoping the ghost writer throws up his hands and quits. Though he probably wouldn’t say why.

by Anonymousreply 291May 22, 2022 3:23 PM

How can ratface issue "another" book when he can't get the first one going? You just know The Wife has inserted herself into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 292May 22, 2022 3:27 PM

R279, very conveniently, many legal entities associated with the Sussexes are called "Archewell." So "Archewell" could be a reference to their production company. Its costs are, or have been, paid for by Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 293May 22, 2022 3:29 PM

Surprised we've not had some Archibet rebranding yet now I think of it.

by Anonymousreply 294May 22, 2022 3:31 PM

Have we seen ANY photos of Lilibet?

by Anonymousreply 295May 22, 2022 3:35 PM

Oh, there is little doubt that Meg has some substantial changes to "Harry's" story.

by Anonymousreply 296May 22, 2022 3:45 PM

I see the series involving a few things

The couple in their backyard running around with the kids Markle cooking as Harry pretends to taste it and like it, extending a wooden spoon towards his mouth Celebrity friends dropping off things/engaging with them to make them look more important than they really are Charity event footage Markle shopping for clothes, doing "relatable" things with her gaggle of friends Annoying discussions about topical themes to make her seem intelligent Harry blowing bubbles in the corner Large dogs running around doing comical things Footage of them taking a hot bath together, and the door closing quickly as Markle raises a champagne glass Trips to nearby beaches/food markets/sporting events so the little people can approach them deferentially

by Anonymousreply 297May 22, 2022 3:46 PM

Blech.

And I can't see them pulling all that off, unless they hire a bunch of actors to pretend to be friends. Even then, I don't think Meghan can be likeable or relatable - unless they let us see her inner bitch.

by Anonymousreply 298May 22, 2022 3:51 PM

* I should have said she can't be entertaining on a show unless her inner bitch is set free. Now that might be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 299May 22, 2022 3:52 PM

More like Harry in the backyard looking bored watching the nanny playing with the kids while Markle is in the kitchen screeching at her vegan chef.

by Anonymousreply 300May 22, 2022 3:56 PM

R293, good point. Imagine paying for those two to have more coffee fetchers and they’re not even producing any content.

Netflix must be ripping its collective hair out right now. Poor old Sarandos, with his mother-in-law freshly murdered and all.

If I believed in such a thing, I’d say those two are a walking pair of curses.

by Anonymousreply 301May 22, 2022 4:04 PM

R295, you'll get to see her in their 'docu-series'.

Or, if they can lure HMTQ into getting depicted with her, at the Jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 302May 22, 2022 4:04 PM

R296, there is probably a hell of a lot of legal wrangling going on. “But we can’t print that. It’s libelous”. “BUT IT IS HIS TRUUUUUUTH!”

by Anonymousreply 303May 22, 2022 4:06 PM

They should just fast forward to the sex tape while they still can. Next stop? OnlyFans!

by Anonymousreply 304May 22, 2022 4:07 PM

R295, she was in their Christmas photo. Meg is holding her up in the air, I believe. Just a profile, so you can’t see her entire face. The reason for that is for us to wonder about.

by Anonymousreply 305May 22, 2022 4:08 PM

The Harkles have lost yet another high profile white in less than a year. Toya Holness, who came on to join the PR team and then got the Global Press Secretary title, is leaving after less than a year.

I'm sure everything that's gone wrong is entirely her fault.

by Anonymousreply 306May 22, 2022 4:09 PM

Perhaps she looks like Thomas Markle, just like her brother does, R305.

by Anonymousreply 307May 22, 2022 4:09 PM

The daughter could be dead for all we know. Hell, the son could be too. Who would know? That house has plenty of land to bury a small corpse or two.

by Anonymousreply 308May 22, 2022 4:13 PM

VOICEOVER: "On next week's thrilling episode of 'Destined Never to Reign,' Harry and Meghan spend yet another day together!"

HARRY: "Hi honey, I just got back from the polo fields! Any new phone calls from Oprah or Gayle or Ellen?"

MEGHAN: "Nope!"

HARRY: "How are the children?"

MEGHAN: "Children??... oh, right... er, I mean... I guess they're off somewhere with Nanny."

HARRY: "Great! I'm taking a nap!"

VOICEOVER: "All this and more, coming up on the next thrilling episode of... 'Destined Never to Reign'!"

by Anonymousreply 309May 22, 2022 4:13 PM

You don't get rich suing people or the media in the UK. Somebody should have told Meghan. She thought she had finally found a route to billions. You have to wonder how many millions they've been paying to lawyers to pursue their vexatious lawsuits. They're reminding me of the people in Dickens' Bleak House who were determined to sue for what they thought was their due and all wound up penniless.

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2022 4:14 PM

All I say is that she's still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 311May 22, 2022 4:18 PM

R310. Dickensian and Shakespearean. Those dudes knew.

by Anonymousreply 312May 22, 2022 4:18 PM

Next stop: Cameo

$3,000 for 3 minutes of Harry Krishna or Megs spouting self help word salad.

Caitlynn Jenner is currently most expensive "celeb" on Cameo at $2,500 so they'll have definitely have to be more expensive it being they are "royalty".

by Anonymousreply 313May 22, 2022 4:23 PM

It's about time they join OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 314May 22, 2022 4:25 PM

I think Harry's book is in abeyance because it was planned to be an all-out attack on the royals back when he thought he was earning hundreds of millions from Netflix and Spotify. Now that his future financial prospects look considerably dimmer, he may re-evaluate to ensure he doesn't definitively cut ties to his moneybags Daddy. It's not like Harry is capable of actually earning a living.

by Anonymousreply 315May 22, 2022 4:26 PM

"Next time on "Royally Fucked" with Meghan and Harry: Meghan pegs her husband violently before wanting to take Harry's schlong up her ass voraciously. But Harry not being able to distinguish between his wife's holes results in a rather peculiar surprise!"

by Anonymousreply 316May 22, 2022 4:28 PM

R315 wonder if the publisher, along with Netflix, NBC, Oprah, et al. are realizing that it's terrible for their bottom line to back these wretched people - and that the public, at large, is realizing they're swindlers, besmirching a 96 year old great grandma and her family and the BRF and everybody they ever work with... and any company with its name on anything they produce is a co-conspirator... oh something like that. They're box office poison!

by Anonymousreply 317May 22, 2022 4:38 PM

R315, so you think Harry is trying to take back what he wrote? Or that Penguin is making him dial it back?

Whatever the case, they’re going to regret the day they made that deal. Even if they recoup their cost, how do you calculate the cost of the headaches?

I guarantee their legal department is churning its guts right now, and whoever inked that deal is history.

by Anonymousreply 318May 22, 2022 4:43 PM

I keep thinking about the poor pikers who thought they’d reeled in the big one when they signed Harry and Meghan. And how they must be beating their breasts and tearing at their sackcloth. I almost feel sorry for the dopes at Netflix and Spotify and Random House and Harpo and Travalyst and BetterUp.

But mostly for the polo ponies.

by Anonymousreply 319May 22, 2022 4:46 PM

R309

THANK YOU!

THAT WAS HILARIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 320May 22, 2022 4:51 PM

[quote] "royalty"

LOL

by Anonymousreply 321May 22, 2022 4:51 PM

Wow. Until a couple weeks ago apparently, Random House were excited at having the beautiful prince's blockbuster best seller, and now what? The unrecoverable millions they have spent so far must be making somebody queasy. Meanwhile, the failures and fuckups don't particularly bother the Markles, as they swan about the polo, steadily drip attacks on the BRF, and hire another Official Global Communications Chief. No boundaries, no point too low.

by Anonymousreply 322May 22, 2022 5:04 PM

"hire" not "white"

R306

Fucking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 323May 22, 2022 5:25 PM

R315 & R318 I suspect the book is still coming out but I'm sure there is drama going on behind the scenes. Whether it be legal issues (I'm sure Random House doesn't want to get its ass sued by the royal family), maybe the ghost writer quit, or it's not juicy enough etc. Here's the thing, that book deal was made back at the height of the Sussex "rage" at the royal family back when they thought they were going to be a huge success.

No matter how self-diluted they are, they must now know that in order to remain relevant they have to have one foot in the royal camp. If Harry's memoir rocks the boat too much, there will be zero path for them ever. They will be totally cut off: e.g. not invited to Charles' coronation, to weddings, funerals etc. I suspect there are cold feet around the book now. The rumours are Charles does see the PR advantages of having a woman of colour working within the firm and might be more open to coming to some kind of agreement with Harry and Meghan. But if Harry trashes Camilla, Charles will never forgive him. From what some recent biographers of Harry have said, he still wants to be a part-time working royal. In fact in Tina Brown's book, she claims Harry truly thought after the Oprah interview, the waters would settle and his family would cave to his and Meghan's desire to be half-in/half-out.

by Anonymousreply 324May 22, 2022 5:26 PM

Meghan feverishly writing her book about mommy yoga, mommy making nutritious organic baby food in ( brand name) blender, healthy baby habits like sleep training, mind stimulation, physical dexterity, early reading. Ample photos of Megs but carefully shot so children’s faces do not show.

Will come out this fall to placate the masses waiting for Harry’s tell-all.

by Anonymousreply 325May 22, 2022 5:28 PM

R324 I somehow doubt that Charles would regard having a woman of colour who has done her best to remove any outward signs of that heritage as a benefit. Plus she's fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 326May 22, 2022 5:34 PM

R283 No. Mary lost her claim to "legitimacy", thus knocking her out of any claim to be heir to Henry's throne. But neither were deprived of their right to their HRHa and titles of Princess.

Henry made Mary a.bastard on the grounds that marrying his dead brothers wife was incest and therefore a sin, despite the marriage never being consummated.

Then he got lucky with Jane Seymour who funny got him the male heir, Edward, and that made Mary's and Elizabeth's claims moot.

But Edward died aroundc12 years old, Mary was recognized as the heir and took England back to Catholicism, burning Peotestants right and left hence her historical nickname, Bloody Mary.

She died without heirs and Elizabeth roared in, opening the Golden Elizabethan Age and taking the country back to Protestantism.

She was never anything but Princess Elizabeth until she traded up for Queen Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 327May 22, 2022 5:40 PM

^* finally not funny

by Anonymousreply 328May 22, 2022 5:42 PM

HM ain't dead yet, so who cares what Charles wants or thinks. He's just a brief stop gap. He's old, red-faced, sollen fingers & ankles. he may not even outlive HM. The real players are Kate & Wm. Talk about having game. Grand daughter of a miner snags the King of England. She may be low key in public, but girl got game, for sure.

Meghan could have been conflated like Harry into having lots of appeal. She blew it.

Reality today: Who has more appeal to the British public? And that is who matters. The British sovereign is polite to others, but you are not her people who she has sworn & devoted herself to for 70 years. You're not British, who cares. So who has more appeal to the British? An American, nasty arse, basic biatch who lied about her race in writing, Has disguised every semblance of her race..hair, nose, color, Z lister actress from a Canadian cable TV program of long ago who also did some porny flavored ads. Or a nice middle class girl whose family rose from miners to the middle class..as in Psst. she's one of us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329May 22, 2022 5:51 PM

I think dumbass Harry thought he could pull another Oprah interview, chockfull of lies, to Random House, that the Royal family wouldn't retaliate and would bend over backwards to give the Harkles everything they wanted. And I think through back channels Random House was warned the Royal family would sue the shit outta Harry and them if he started telling porkers. And Harry, like Meghan and Donal Trump, is incapable of telling the truth.

I thought Meghan was relatively smart unlike Harry, but I guess a life spent getting rejected at casting calls didn't quite prepare her for the harsh realities of actually becoming famous and subject to public criticism.

by Anonymousreply 330May 22, 2022 6:17 PM

Where do these rumors of Charles longing for Megan back by his side originate? Huh I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 331May 22, 2022 6:31 PM

I see a line of housewares on QVC in their future. Archewares for the Home.

Today's Special Value is LiliLinens in bright bold colors that stand out from a distance just like the Queen! Stay tuned for a sneak peek of the upcoming Pearl Pressure Cooker and the Haz Airfryer available for pre-order.

by Anonymousreply 332May 22, 2022 6:39 PM

R331 The rumours are so much that he's "longing" for Meghan to come back rather, he sees the PR benefits of it at a time when the Commonwealth (particularly in Africa and the Caribbean) is increasingly questioning their ties to the Crown. That aside, I do think Charles as father would like to reconnect with Harry and see his grandchildren. I don't think any of that will ever happen while Harry is married to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 333May 22, 2022 6:47 PM

There's no point in Meghan going back. She and Harry will be divorced within a year.

by Anonymousreply 334May 22, 2022 6:53 PM

R333, it won't happen after he will have divorced either. Meghan will never let go of her little royal meal tickets.

Charles is said to be fond of Camilla's grandchildren. Instead of caring about some kids who will never know him anyway except for the princely status he will confer to them, he ought to care of those grandchildren he has access to, that is to say Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, and Camilla's grandkids.

by Anonymousreply 335May 22, 2022 6:55 PM

I read somewhere recently -- maybe earlier in this thread -- that the Invictus documentary has been cancelled and the footage will be incorporated in the reality show, er, documentary series. Don't know whether it's true but that's one story out there.

by Anonymousreply 336May 22, 2022 6:55 PM

Prince Charles would reap a LOT more PR adjacency from Meg's return if he could get her to adopt "native dress" in London.

by Anonymousreply 337May 22, 2022 6:55 PM

R249 What? Anne Boleyn was about as black as the Queen. Jesus. Do you people ever open history books?

They cast Jodi Turner-Smith for some stunt casting. It bombed. That's what they do now: cast black actors as historical white figures and then scream about cultural appropriation if a non-Latina actress plays Maria in West Side Story.

Anne Boleyn was a dainty, small boned white English aristocrat from a white aristocratic landed family. Before Henry became infatuated with her, he entertained himself by taking her sister, Mary, as his mistress. Mary, ironically, gave Henry the son he wanted so badly, only because the boy was illegitimate, he couldn't inherit the throne.

Mary eventually married a very nice man, Wiiliam Carey,, and led a happy life with him, far from court.

Think of Mary Boleyn as the role model for Chelsy and Cressida.

They were all white.

by Anonymousreply 338May 22, 2022 7:16 PM

Nothing about Meg reads as "woman of color."

by Anonymousreply 339May 22, 2022 7:18 PM

R330 is hitting on what I've wondered about in the process of writing and editing the book. How much fact checking and corroboration is normally done for autobiographies? If it's from the perspective the individual, how responsible is the ghostwriter or publisher responsible for ensuring the veracity of its contents? If conversations with family occurred behind closed doors even out of earshot of courtiers or staff, how on earth could that be verified? If Harry relays conversations with others or events that others witnessed, does the writer go off and interview them, too? And even so, recollections may vary.

Or if the writer begins to notice that his subject's behavior and character are at odds with what's being said for the book and the image the subject wants to present? I read an article by Trump's ghostwriter for The Art of the Deal and that was his struggle and later regret -- that he came to know Trump was a braggart and. a blowhard with a horrible temper, but didn't let on in the book. I don't know if he suspected he was lied to or what kind of fact checking was done. Nevertheless, a sanitized version of Trump was presented and the rest is history.

The RH legal department is in such a tricky position. They're not dealing with a celebrity, a politician, or a former White House appointee as a potential litigant, but an institution with vast resources on their side. And Harry insisting everything is true on the other.

by Anonymousreply 340May 22, 2022 7:21 PM

R290 Actuallt, it's the same book. Initially, Harry planned to bring out the memoir after the Queen died, for obvious reasons. Then, he realised he had to make bank, an fast, so the book was moved up (pub date 29 September still so far as I know). Abd then it was put about that he would issue an updated or second one after she does, which was vociferously denied, again for obvious reasons.

But the Harkles also claimed they had nothing to do with Finding Fteedom, only to be exposed as having collaborated on it enthusiastically in Meghan's perjured court papers.

I suspect Harry found himself in a tight spot when he saw how the revenge porn shit backfired on him and his wife with the public. and given their latest embarrasses, and suspected financial issues, Harry may be rethinking burning his last bridges to Charles. It's Charles he has to worry about over the longer term, not the Queen.

If the rumours are true that he plans a second book that he doesn't want the Queen to see, the only reason would be his and his kids' titles. He doesn't give fuck all about hurting her, he's made that only too clear.

Charles is mean about money. If Harry wants an inheritance from Charles for himself or his kids, the memoir as advertised isnt the way to go about it.

And if things are as disappointing financially as rumoured, he should avoid infuriating his father any further.

There is no guarantee the book will sell in the millions. If I were betting, I'd predict 100,000-200,000 at best.

by Anonymousreply 341May 22, 2022 7:41 PM

Tina Brown said in the Diana Chronicles that taking revenge via a book is always a bad idea, as the time between anger and publication is so long. By the time the book comes out, your feeling and circumstances may have changed, but all that poison is still in print.

by Anonymousreply 342May 22, 2022 7:43 PM

I'm sure the BRF would have loved a smart, kind, hard-working woman of color as Harry's wife, someone who soothed and stabilized him and helped him adjust to his role in life. A woman who could have given him the strong family life that has so benefitted William.

Unfortunately, that is not the woman Harry married, and Meghan will never be that woman. Bringing her back into the fold would only cause more chaos.

by Anonymousreply 343May 22, 2022 7:44 PM

Hell, if Harry had married a black Brit, he wouldn't have had all these issues. No, he goes and marries a beige Hollywood hustler past her prime.

by Anonymousreply 344May 22, 2022 8:11 PM

Their financial situation must be terrifying.

It’s not at all strange for celebrities to overspend. What is so unusual about them is that so many expenses are incurred to feed their fantasies about themselves—-the Time cover, the registration of fantasy companies, the NAACP award, the enormous house in which to host enormous social events, the law suits against anyone who contradicts the fantasies, the PR bills for promoting nebulous or nonexistent initiatives.

When he married, he still had the money to have quite. nice life style for the rest of his days. At this point they really need to move to a ranch house in rural California.

by Anonymousreply 345May 22, 2022 8:16 PM

R340, in most cases publishers do not fact check. They make writers agree to indemnify them if they get sued.

by Anonymousreply 346May 22, 2022 8:23 PM

If I were them, I'd be shi**ing my shorts at how volatile Netflix must be at this point. Don't know what their contract, advance blah, blah, blah was or how beholden they are to Netflix, legally. No matter how wokey any Corp. tries to portray themselves, Money talks, BS. walks. No one at Netflix is going to fling themselves into the furnace for them. If Netflix can put the boot to their necks & make them humiliate themselves in primetime to make a buck they will.

by Anonymousreply 347May 22, 2022 8:28 PM

For the title of the Netflix reality show...I mean, docuseries, I rather like "Those Whacky Windsors."

However, the moving on from the PG-version, the prize has to go to the 'Netflix After Dark' title, "Royally Fucked."

by Anonymousreply 348May 22, 2022 9:29 PM

R327 incorrect. Both daughters lost the style of princess when he divorced their mothers and were declared illegitimate. Until the time they each became Queen, they were Lady Mary and Lady Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 349May 22, 2022 10:02 PM

Whatever you think of him as person, Charles seems to adore children. He's got more of a bond with Camilla's grandchildren than Harry's Cali kids. Time to update the will!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 22, 2022 10:06 PM

I'm available for a cameo...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 22, 2022 10:08 PM

Harry's never read a book in his life. How's he supposed to write several? I liked the twitter troll who asked if Harry's autobio would come with coloring crayons.

by Anonymousreply 352May 22, 2022 10:17 PM

Princess Patricia chose to give up her title and HRH when she married. So to the person upthread,yes it can be done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 22, 2022 10:39 PM

R349 - Mary was styled "Lady Mary" for the time that her newborn sister, Elizabeth, was named the next heir. I just reviewed Elizabeth's early years and found no mention of "Lady Elizabeth". They were both booted out of the line of succession on the same flimsy excuses. She was Princess Elizabeth when she was imprisoned in the Tower by her now Queen sister, Mary, not Lady Elizabeth. The title situation then was what we would delicately call "fluid".

But the sense in which we talk about Harry losing his status isn't "fluid" We're talking about a formal legal declaration by the Sovereign that is consented to and formalised by Parliament.

Today's monarchy cannot bat those titles around like tennis balls, pendant upon who just got beheaded and who is now in power and who isn't.

Henry VIII and Mary Tudor could do as they liked. Elizabeth II can't, she has public opinion and an independent Parliament that finds the whole thing tiresome to contend with, and a monarchy standing on a knife-edge.

Both Mary and Elizabeth were always treated like the princesses of the blood that they were, given large households, fine educations, staff, curtseys and bows.

The moment Lady Jane Grey was deposed, Mary and Elizabeth, suddenly back in the line of success, rode in to London together.

Harry only gets his titles back if he flees to France, raises an army, and returns to depose his father or brother, like his Bolingbroke namesake.

It isn't the same.

by Anonymousreply 354May 22, 2022 11:27 PM

Does either Harry or Meghan have a hobby or a personal interest? Perhaps polo? Despite her decades pursuing an acting career, does Meghan have an actual interest in film or theatre? They also seem to have a very limited social circle. It’s hard to believe this series won’t be incredibly tedious.

by Anonymousreply 355May 22, 2022 11:46 PM

It can also work the other way around. The former Duchess of Kent (wife of Prince George, Duke of Kent, son of King George V) reverted to being HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent when her son married in 1961.

She did not wish to be known as HRH The Dowager Duchess of Kent and as she was born a Princess of Greece and Denmark her request was granted by The Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 22, 2022 11:50 PM

They don’t seem to have any celebrity friends @R297

by Anonymousreply 357May 23, 2022 1:14 AM

Ok, this is a bad idea. I’m the first person to defend Harry and Meghan, but this is wrong. Kardashian level sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 358May 23, 2022 1:27 AM

R358 Yes, it can be given up, I made that clear. Harry can give up those titles .

We're talking about the titles being removed permanently by a decree from the Queen and the approval of Parliament

I said specifically that, e.g., Harry could file for American citizenship, which would require him to renounce foreign titles.

That's not the same thing as a clearly punitive action that effectively de-royalises him.

This isnt the 16th century. Harry won't suddenly be addressed again as Your Royal Highness when the regime changes. These are legal changes.

Henry VIII didn't have to worry about undermining the last flimsy shreds of the concept of royalty.

QEII does. Taking those titles from her grandson would beg too many questions about the institition itself.

The only caveat to me is if Harry really is stupid enough to skate too close to a memoir so vicious and defamatory that he makes the.case for her.

It's always possible that he doesn't care by now, although the two of them do seem obsessed with their rank and entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 359May 23, 2022 1:30 AM

oh jesus can we please not have another interminable back and forth about titles that ends with the participants calling each other ugly cunts PLEASE

by Anonymousreply 360May 23, 2022 2:08 AM

All those rumors about Harry not being Charles’ biological son, imagine if they were true and not revealed until after the queen/Charles kicks the bucket. Megs would run away from Harry as fast as her little spaghetti legs could go.

by Anonymousreply 361May 23, 2022 2:31 AM

[quote] All those rumors about Harry not being Charles’ biological son, imagine if they were true

But he is the son of Charles. The older Harry gets, the more those Windsor genes kick in. Harry has the same scowl as Charles.

by Anonymousreply 362May 23, 2022 2:45 AM

I'm reading that there might be a correlation between the firing of the communication director and the release of the book or they are going to blame it on them. They are getting cold feet with the sharp decline in their "brand" and Harry is panicking because it was going to be an absolute hatchet job on Camilla. The book is done, printed, and was set to go on sale at the end of the summer. There is some kind of drama behind the scenes. As someone said upthread, H&M were truly gobsmacked about losing all their titles, etc after the Oprah interview. They thought the Palace would beg for them to come back.

[quote][R290] Actuallt, it's the same book. Initially, Harry planned to bring out the memoir after the Queen died, for obvious reasons. Then, he realised he had to make bank, an fast, so the book was moved up (pub date 29 September still so far as I know).

I don't believe this is true. They signed a 3 book deal with Harry to release 2 books - the current one and one after HM dies. The third being Meghan's bio, release to TBD. The first one was to be about what a cunt Camilla is and how she ruined the family and the 2nd book is going to be a tell all on what it was like to be TQ's grandson.

by Anonymousreply 363May 23, 2022 2:45 AM

Poor Charles and Camilla have to whore themselves out to soap opera EastEnders so they can send Harry some pin money.

by Anonymousreply 364May 23, 2022 2:49 AM

R363, I can see that. Rats, sinking ship.

Just a month ago, they hired Miranda Barbot to burnish their image. What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 365May 23, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote]that effectively de-royalises him

de-royalise; I love datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 366May 23, 2022 4:10 AM

Regarding Harry’s stalled/delayed book, I wonder if they heard ominous rumblings from Charles and William that if they (or Camilla, Kate) are trashed in the book, they will pursue any and all legal action available to them. C&W were caught off guard with the Oprah interview, but this time they are ready to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 367May 23, 2022 4:17 AM

Considering Harry's demeanor after his meeting with TQ, Charles, and Camilla, that may very be what happened. That, plus Netflix obviously putting the screws to the Drab Duo, this has been a very bad month for the Sussexes.

by Anonymousreply 368May 23, 2022 4:30 AM

Her stylist and makeup artist clearly hates her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 23, 2022 4:43 AM

Almost every month has been very bad for the Harklez. Just a steady downward spiral, all of their own doing

by Anonymousreply 370May 23, 2022 4:45 AM

R345 what enormous social events?

by Anonymousreply 371May 23, 2022 4:50 AM

R369, that looks like a double.

by Anonymousreply 372May 23, 2022 4:56 AM

R43 Don't post it to begin with. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 373May 23, 2022 5:29 AM

If it's boring and preachy I am not interested.

by Anonymousreply 374May 23, 2022 5:58 AM

If Harry doesn't present hole I am not interested.

by Anonymousreply 375May 23, 2022 6:10 AM

Harry is the worst looking man there, I would take any of the others. Harry looks like a troll next to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376May 23, 2022 6:12 AM

LOL - the polo players looked THRILLED to have M in their picture and Harry, looking fat, dissolved, and old comparatively to the other players, looks even less so. Meghan is leaning into her villainess Dynasty look with the large hat and makeup. Women really don't wear outfits like that in Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 377May 23, 2022 6:13 AM

Kine R376 - Posted at the same time. Yep, Harry looks awful and about a decade older. These guys are young or Harry has really aged.

by Anonymousreply 378May 23, 2022 6:14 AM

She is turning into Joan Crawford

by Anonymousreply 379May 23, 2022 6:15 AM

Don't fuck with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo

by Anonymousreply 380May 23, 2022 6:39 AM

I totally thought it was Michael Jackson standing next to Harry in that photo R369

by Anonymousreply 381May 23, 2022 6:54 AM

Harry's bald spot is really advancing. Why the hell doesn't he do something about it? A hair transplant costs about $15,000 maximum, the same price as one of MM's ugly outfits.

by Anonymousreply 382May 23, 2022 7:13 AM

So awkward that she's standing there dressed like she's at a funeral

by Anonymousreply 383May 23, 2022 7:18 AM

R346 the publishers don’t fact check? So the book is going to basically be the Oprah interview in print form.

by Anonymousreply 384May 23, 2022 11:17 AM

That polo outfit tells you that Meghan doesn't have a stylist. It's a disaster from head to toe. It highlights all her worst features: the toothpick legs, the square middle with no waist, the knobby knees, and the mountain of hair encasing her top half from under a giant hat. The actual woman inside disappears.

This outfit is the poster illustration for avoiding clothes that wear you rather than the other way around.

The proportion of the skirt, top, and hat together is that of a perfect square. The skirt is the prime culprit (a few inches longer and more of an A-line rather than a fluffy bell shape and it might have worked), but the top and hat are, you should pardon the expression, accessories after the fact.

In one photo from the event, she is seen with a woman also in a spot pattern dress. who looks so much better. The dress is tea length, nipped at the waist, one overall pattern instead of the three blocks Meghan is wearing, and a similar but slightly smaller hat.

The effect of this womans outfit is pulled together, feminine, sleek, and classy.

Meghan is drowning in cloth here, she herself is invisible.

011 fashion police? I need to report a crime.

by Anonymousreply 385May 23, 2022 11:32 AM

R346 that’s not true of large publishing houses. They fact check actual facts. They can’t fact check Harry’s “feelings” about those facts. (I’ve worked in publishing my entire career. Publishers are terrified of lawsuits and, along with the author, liable for publishing false claims.)

by Anonymousreply 386May 23, 2022 11:54 AM

I’m 386–an important caveat: it’s very difficult for public figures to win libel suits in the US. So if the “fact” not egregiously harmful (eg if Harry claims Camilla slid under Diana’s car to cut the brake lines) the RF probably won’t bother to sue. If Harry says his dad cut him off financially, probably enough truth in that or if he calls Camilla a butch, that’s just his opinion.

So he’ll have a lot of leeway in terms of telling his version of events as long as they aren’t egregiously false/harmful.

by Anonymousreply 387May 23, 2022 11:58 AM

^typing on phone so lots of typos above!

by Anonymousreply 388May 23, 2022 11:59 AM

Yes but if the book claims, eg, that Archie was denied an HRH at birth because he is half-black or whatever MM was saying, the book needs to clearly state that that happens once he becomes the grandson of the monarch. And then explain, probably to no avail, that William’s kids are in a direct line to the throne.

If the author or publisher tried to include an explanation, and Harry objected, who prevails?

by Anonymousreply 389May 23, 2022 12:14 PM

I just read the best comment on DM and laughed so hard I scared my dogs.

[quote]The juggling GlNGER ass cIown saving the World one Polo match at a time.

LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 390May 23, 2022 12:18 PM

^ Thanks for sharing that DM comment. English snark, nothing quite like it!! LMAO+++ needed a good belly laugh first thing! However, I did spit hot coffee all over my desk(sitting at my computer reading this!) so a bit of damn double damn, but so worth it. But toasting you R390..

by Anonymousreply 391May 23, 2022 12:24 PM

WHAT is going on in this photo?? From the DM webpage but I’m talking about this photo specifically. Is she wearing a skirt or culottes but more importantly, what is this back slit, it seems to be very long and that’s her leg??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392May 23, 2022 12:32 PM

^Polo pants for women. She's wearing them in case something happened to Harry out on the pitch, and she had to ride out there to straighten things out.

by Anonymousreply 393May 23, 2022 12:49 PM

R388 - Libel involves proving the statements are false; but Harry himself is claiming that the DM allowed comments on the article about his PR putting spin on his offer to pay for his own security have caused "harm" to his character. Those comments, of course, are just "opinions", too, but Harry wants the DM to shut down all negative "opinions".

If Harry publishes a book full of defamatory comments about the consort of Britain's next Head of State, he may not have to "prove" that she IS, but he may be taken to court for defamation.

Harry's claim that his family cut him off financially is also disprovable: when Harry left, his father told Harry that he would float him for one more year, which Charles did, to the tune of about $3 million. Harry's implied expectation that he would go on taking manna from the Bank of Dad after kicking the institution and his father in the teeth, is actually a bad look for Harry, firstly. But, secondly, it is defamatory, because an arrangement agreed to rather than an endless stream of support that Harry was surprised to find wasn't on the table, are two different things.

That was one thing that became clear shortly after the Oprah interview: Harry lied about being cut off financially. He got exactly the support he knew was forthcoming.. Then Omid Scobie had to chime in hastily when it became clear that after Harry left he GOT that extra three million, that Harry had "confused financial quarters".

So, in fact, the BRF could sue on that point if it wished.

by Anonymousreply 394May 23, 2022 12:54 PM

r369 There's something very merry widow about that outfit

by Anonymousreply 395May 23, 2022 1:06 PM

R390 really not funny. Who reads DM comments - are you Meghan, chortling with your mouth open?

by Anonymousreply 396May 23, 2022 1:07 PM

Maybe the skirt/skort split was in case some rich Santa Barbaraite might glance her way. Sorta like with Serena's hubby Ohanian at the tennis match. Quick on the draw clever Meghan to show her wares. Yum Yum, gimme some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397May 23, 2022 1:08 PM

I know it's mainly because it's an unfortunate moment and position in time - but her hand looks ghastly. Leathery skin, super long fingers with no manicured nails, just not attractive at all.

So polo pants have a slit all the way up to your naked clit? or asshole? That's comfortable on a horse? Bare thigh and groin skin up against a saddle or whatever? WTF??

by Anonymousreply 398May 23, 2022 1:13 PM

Oh, man.

What r367 and r368 said.

I know this may inspire laughter. Still, I wonder if their "friend" Oprah ever feels a moment of regret for that interview. I wonder if she ever wished she had tried to guard them from their selves and advised them to wait or not do it at all.

Oh well, if she does feel a twinge of regret (and, I know she doesn't) she can tell herself she had no idea that, with her interview, they were going to Royally Screw Themselves. Which is what they did, not her.

and r385, you are so right. For a variety of reasons, I hate the phrase "Keep it simple' but I've been correct when I've consistently pointed out that if there is anybody who needs to avoid, flounces, frou-frou, adverse colors, prints, what-have-you, it's Markle.

She has to go tailored, simple. Her skin has a pretty tone to it - the perfect canvas for bold pastel, even neon. But the garment itself has to be almost severe, restrained.

If I were her stylist and choosing for her for that polo event, I'd have put her in either colors of aqua or lime green summer weight fabric. She'd be in a single color custom-cut pants suit with elbow length sleeves and a sleight flare to the pants.

Clean, simple, without an ounce of extraneous texture, except, maybe some fun, larger buttons on the suit jacket.

and a hat with a much smaller brim.

In that polo photo, the long hair and big hat suggest a Halloween costume; like the costume hair and hat already are attached to each other, and you plop it on your head before you go out bar-hopping on Halloween night.

by Anonymousreply 399May 23, 2022 1:13 PM

^It hadn't occurred to me before, but now that you point it out she does look EXACTLY like Cousin It in that get-up.

by Anonymousreply 400May 23, 2022 1:19 PM

The bottom garnent was described as fluffy -- the shorts are meant to be sleek, but on a body with zero waist, flat ass and wiiide hips, they just fluff. On top of blazing white underpants.

by Anonymousreply 401May 23, 2022 1:20 PM

And those godawful toothpick calves. Cover them up, stupid woman!

by Anonymousreply 402May 23, 2022 1:22 PM

R378 Two of the players are teenagers and the one to Harry's left is Nacho, who is Harry's age but obviously a lot more fit and naturally good looking. The team is called Los Padres despite half the team not having children, because Harry needs to remind us he's a father without actually bringing out his children out to see him play like a normal dad. If they exist, I'm convinced the children are both brunette and cross-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 403May 23, 2022 1:30 PM

I doubt Oprah regrets anything. Egomaniacs never admit mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised if she does a follow up interview with them, a very special episode checking in to make sure the Sussexes are thriving despite all the oppression they suffered at the hands of the BRF and continue to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 404May 23, 2022 1:40 PM

I saw somewhere a photo of Meghan attending a previous match and she was wearing a sleeveless navy blue dress that looked like a much better fit for her figure (but it was a photo taken from a distance).

by Anonymousreply 405May 23, 2022 2:03 PM

Look at me, I'm a movie star!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 23, 2022 2:06 PM

Were the Netflix cameras there? That outfit and overdone makeup just scream what Megs imagines daytime glamour to be.

by Anonymousreply 407May 23, 2022 2:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 23, 2022 2:26 PM

You would think Netflix cameras were there. I mean, a glamorpuss like Megg wouldn't give the milk away for free, would she now? The shoving, pushing and grabbing to get in the middle of a group on a stage is one of her hallmarks.

by Anonymousreply 409May 23, 2022 2:58 PM

I thought you bitches were just being mean, but those short culottes are truly awful.

by Anonymousreply 410May 23, 2022 2:58 PM

I don't get it, Meghan couldn't be bothered to wear a hat when she went on a joint engagement with the Queen, but she can wear one in the US where women haven't worn hats regularly in decades. That whole look reeks of a teenager in the 90s playing princess.

by Anonymousreply 411May 23, 2022 3:58 PM

Netflix is obviously filming the polo matches because what else have they got? Meghan thought she'd look like an old Hollywood star.

by Anonymousreply 412May 23, 2022 3:59 PM

Netflix can't just rock up at a private polo club and expect to roll the cameras, though.

by Anonymousreply 413May 23, 2022 4:07 PM

Of course, there's the obligatory photo at r406 of Meghan holding Harry's hand, tugging him away from a group of people. And the "Oh, my!" palm against her chest while squeeing at the baby.

The blouse is fine, but the culottes are ghastly. And why does she think it's a good idea to accentuate her thickened waist with that belt? Although I'm sure it's not, the hat looks cheap. It reminds me of the hats bridesmaids wore in the '70s only the were in pastels or white.

by Anonymousreply 414May 23, 2022 4:25 PM

The thing with the hat is, first office it's UGLY second, if you're going to wear a wide brim hat like that with long hair, you have to pin your hair up. Also, why is she even in a photo with the polo players to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 415May 23, 2022 4:37 PM

Apparently the Harkles sponsored the match to benefit several local charities. Megs just can’t stop giving!

by Anonymousreply 416May 23, 2022 4:41 PM

It's actually sad watching the clip of Megz at this polo match. When you think of what she could have been if she had just stuck with the royal life for the long haul, over the desperation that her current life stinks of.

by Anonymousreply 417May 23, 2022 4:45 PM

You can tell she thinks she's Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman here. This is terrible acting, she is trying to show "how in love she is with Harry" but it's soooo over the top!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 23, 2022 4:48 PM

She doesn't seem to understand the role of presenter. A presenter gives the guys who actually played the match their trophies and moves to the side so they can revel a little in their glory. Just like at the Oscars. Big stars present other big stars with the statuette and move to the side during the acceptance speech. Surely, she's aware of this protocol. But no, she had to insert herself right in the center. It cracked me up when they guys were trying to lift the trophy but she was in the way, so she got pushed to the back.

It reminds me of when she presented the designer of her wedding dress with a British Fashion Council award. She stepped away slightly, but still remained comfortably in the spotlight clutching and rubbing the baby bump.

Ghastly human.

by Anonymousreply 419May 23, 2022 4:51 PM

The cute guy wasn't impressed with Meg. He told her no and she quickly takes her hands off his box and does her "clap to yourself" routine she does when she gets embarrassed at being ignored.

by Anonymousreply 420May 23, 2022 4:53 PM

Lol! She got pushed behind everybody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421May 23, 2022 4:57 PM

What, they "sponsored" the match? That means showing up, presenting the trophy, allowing the public to bask in their royalty? Or they paid all costs so any revenues went to the charities? Or they just gave a check of who- knows- how- much after their appearance for the charities?

by Anonymousreply 422May 23, 2022 5:05 PM

You mean those are culottes? I figured her skirt was at the dry-cleaners, so she grabbed a pair of Harry’s old boxer shorts out of the laundry hamper.

by Anonymousreply 423May 23, 2022 5:15 PM

It looks like she borrowed a belt from H's closet.

by Anonymousreply 424May 23, 2022 5:17 PM

I liked this comment under the photo or video on Twitter - I think when the guys are holding up the trophy. Could there be trouble in Paradise, California:

"Follow the eye lines of the men. It seems that H is the only one looking down at her. The rest are *in the moment*. Is it just me or does he give off a *this is not funny* vibe ?. He's either pi$$ed off or embarrassed"

by Anonymousreply 425May 23, 2022 5:21 PM

Maybe buy a hat that first of all fits on your head. 2. Is flattering. 3. has a hatband or ribbon to seperate the crown from brim. Either she has no stylist, bargain basement stylist, or one that abhors her due to being abused by her. The look says..Revenge of the Stylist. Could be kinda of a vibe. Imagine with her ego, being stuck in the 90's & delusion of long legs, taller & slimmer than Kate, denial of her age you could really make her the laughingstock of the world..Oh wait, that is what's happening.

by Anonymousreply 426May 23, 2022 5:23 PM

LMAO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 23, 2022 5:30 PM

She shoves him out of the way and he gives her a nasty look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 23, 2022 5:35 PM

I bet Doria will have a prominent role in the reality show. They'll cast her as the sage dispensing new age-y advice.

Perhaps Harry's "like a father" David Foster will make a cameo appearance?

We won't see Archie, he will be in the backyard having private tennis lessons with Serena who is like an Auntie.

Lili will be on a play date at James Corden's house, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 429May 23, 2022 5:39 PM

From comments on R429 tweet

"Noooo ... don't make me look again! It's bad enough that bloke dragged a beaming little girl out of the way to let that Bloody Woman take front and centre"

by Anonymousreply 430May 23, 2022 5:41 PM

* oops R428 tweet

by Anonymousreply 431May 23, 2022 5:42 PM

R419 being a presenter is basically the role of the BRF: to shine on a spotlight on causes and all that. But Meghan and Harry can't understand that. They need to be IN the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 432May 23, 2022 5:47 PM

Lots of tweets saying the team should have dropped the trophy on Sparkle's fat head.

by Anonymousreply 433May 23, 2022 5:50 PM

R415 It’s not a hat though, it’s a lampshade.

by Anonymousreply 434May 23, 2022 5:51 PM

R434 The problem with the hat is that has no structure and then it cones up in the back (I keep hearing the Wizard of Oz tornado music in my head when I look at it).

by Anonymousreply 435May 23, 2022 5:54 PM

R426 Didn’t MM make it clear that she is her own stylist, thank you very much, so no stylists have been harmed in the making of this outfit.

by Anonymousreply 436May 23, 2022 5:55 PM

In one of the DM pictures, Diana is wearing a polka dot dress and kissing Prince Charles after a polo match.

Imagine pitiful Meghan finding photo after photo of Diana and trying to be just like her -- I think there are many examples of her copying Di.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 437May 23, 2022 5:58 PM

In one of her numerous, lengthy emails to Jason Knauf that he turned over to the court, Meghan complains that she had very little control of her life as member of the RF and mentioned that her wardrobe is one area she can still dictate. She really does think she looks good. After all, her BFF at the time sold herself as a "stylist," so that was enough for her.

by Anonymousreply 438May 23, 2022 6:02 PM

Perhaps Meghan would like to introduce herself to a mirror?

by Anonymousreply 439May 23, 2022 6:43 PM

Well, I watched the video and looked at the DM photos of the polo match.

Comments:

1. Harry's fight against baldness is almost over. He's 90% bald. In fact, it looks like his scalp is now sunburned since there is so little hair covering the balding area. Don't call it a "spot". It way past being a "spot".

2. While Harry has lost most of his hair, the missus has mysteriously acquired a very, very long mane which hangs almost to her waist. Somewhere, someone wants their hair back.

3. The little child who M is trying to get to like her appears to be pointing at something else entirely.

4. The missus looks like she is trying to (and not succeeding) to channel Joan Collins's first "Dynasty" appearance. But, of course, as with most things M does, her "performance" is second rate.

5. Note there are no picture of M divot stomping. Although there pictures of others doing so.

by Anonymousreply 440May 23, 2022 6:45 PM

This is glamour-puss styling…the sidestep hair, red lipstick, enormous sunglasses. The blouse is okay (Diana went through a polka dot phase) but the skirt? skort? is all wrong. I would’ve chose a slimmer palazzo pant for classic Hollywood glamour.

by Anonymousreply 441May 23, 2022 7:01 PM

Why is she trying to look like a hooker on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 442May 23, 2022 7:04 PM

Remember when she wore the palazzo pants during her first appearance with Kate at Wimbledon? They were dragging on the ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443May 23, 2022 7:08 PM

She is trying to be Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman with the polka dots and those terrible shorts. See link below.

She's also wearing those ridiculous Altuzarra heels she's been wearing for years and years. I don't think they even make them anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 23, 2022 7:09 PM

Sorry - they are Aquazzura heels above and still in production!

But she's still a 90s wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 445May 23, 2022 7:11 PM

This is what we have to look forward to….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446May 23, 2022 7:13 PM

Trying again…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447May 23, 2022 7:14 PM

R388 it is much easier to get a favorable judgement for libel in the UK. Difficult in the US. Plus, anyone can sue anyone for anything. Doesn't mean they're going to win. And even if they do, the legal fees generally erase the win $$$.

by Anonymousreply 448May 23, 2022 7:20 PM

I don't get how playing polo jibes with the egalitarian image they're trying to force down our throats. It's like they're desperately casting around for an identity.

The best thing Meghan can do at this point is embrace her vileness and drop this Healer of all Things/Righter of all Wrongs image. We'd respect her for that.

As much as Hilaria Baldwin is a fruitcake, I admire her for not burying herself in a deep hole after the fake Spanish thing came out. She's still on Instagram milking her babies and making a fool of herself. And is 100% unapologetic about it!

And we loved that other fruitcake, Diana, because she was completely authentic. Didn't try to hide her true nature.

Meghan should use some humor to turn things around: Did I throw a teapot at staff in Australia? Damn right! Did I throw hot tea at staff. Hell no! It was cold tea. Why do you think I threw the pot--it had cold tea in it and I asked for hot. They deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 449May 23, 2022 7:33 PM

R446--That's the best laugh I've had in a long while!

by Anonymousreply 450May 23, 2022 7:56 PM

R449 They are trying to perpetuate the idea that they are still royalty e.g. Polo being the "sport of kings." The thing is, it has virtually no following in the US. I suspect for Harry the polo is probably a subconscious desire to be back in the UK and for Meghan it's just more PR. It's funny some of Meghan's most ardent supporters on Twitter were attacking Kate the other day for being a stepford wife, and yet all Meghan has been doing for the last year is basically riding Harry's coat tails. At least Kate has her own set of engagements and committees separate from William.

by Anonymousreply 451May 23, 2022 7:58 PM

I'd bet a case of frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that the hair and hat are attached to each other.

She's using two-sided glue attachment strips, pins, magnets, to fasten it to her scalp.

by Anonymousreply 452May 23, 2022 8:05 PM

I wonder if her scalp gets super sweaty and itchy.

by Anonymousreply 453May 23, 2022 8:21 PM

Blind Item #2 from today's CDAN:

"To say that the alliterate one had to work for it to be seen in a photo this past weekend, is an understatement. First, she had to tell the other wives and girlfriends they were not allowed to have their photo taken because of security reasons, and then she had to find a way around a trophy and several large men. She made it though."

Many comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454May 23, 2022 8:29 PM

We eldergays recognize Meghan’s hat from Mad Magazine’s Spy vs. Spy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 23, 2022 8:40 PM

CDAN always has the obscure gossip scoops don't they.

by Anonymousreply 456May 23, 2022 8:46 PM

Many people are saying Meghan was cosplaying Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman (well, she got the whore down pat), but I just saw this on Twitter. My God! The number of times she parrots Diana's outfits is truly creepy/desperate. Diana wore almost the exact outfit to a polo match when presenting a trophy to James Hewitt. Check out the Twitter post linked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 23, 2022 8:51 PM

I'm R457. It's a very famous pix, too. She sure to have seen it. So, to recap, Meghan dressed like Harry's mom when Diana presented a polo trophy to her LOVER after the Hewitt's team beat Charles' team in polo. What a piece of work Meghan is. Maybe Meghan is shtupping Nacho. That would explain the outfit signaling.

by Anonymousreply 458May 23, 2022 8:57 PM

Nacho's hot. He's not going to be interested in an aging golddigger.

by Anonymousreply 459May 23, 2022 8:59 PM

Heh! Even Newsweek is covering these fools' failures. Here's Michael Rapaport trashing H/M on the Wendy Williams show last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460May 23, 2022 9:08 PM

Nacho's an Argentinian polo player (aren't they notorious playboys?) and Meghan, while a mess in so many ways, is not a bad looking woman. In a way, they're a pretty good match for a clandestine relationship. She's forbidden fruit with a lot to lose if Harry catches wind. Nacho wants to keep his connection to royalty as it probably carries a lot of cachet in polo circles. I find it entirely plausible.

by Anonymousreply 461May 23, 2022 9:14 PM

Everytime I read about Nacho, I think of the Mad Med character HoHo--the idiot who was spending his inheritance trying to make jai alai the biggest sporting event in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 462May 23, 2022 9:20 PM

Get real. If Nacho wanted to stray, he could get someone much better than M. Someone young with tits, ass, and a waist.

by Anonymousreply 463May 23, 2022 9:24 PM

Of course, he's getting prime T&A, too

by Anonymousreply 464May 23, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote] Nacho's an Argentinian polo player (aren't they notorious playboys?) and Meghan, while a mess in so many ways, is [bold]not a bad looking woman. [/bold]In a way, they're a pretty good match for a clandestine relationship. She's forbidden fruit with a lot to lose if Harry catches wind. Nacho wants to keep his connection to royalty as it probably carries a lot of cachet in polo circles. I find it entirely plausible.

R461= Meghan Markle

[quote] Get real. If Nacho wanted to stray, he could get someone much better than M. Someone young with tits, ass, and a waist.

And a human personality rather than that of a witch. Markle doesn’t exude sensuality or even sexuality: it’s all feigned....like everything else.

by Anonymousreply 465May 23, 2022 9:33 PM

You mean to say that you don't find her grilling video sexy? Fellating a hamburger is hot!

by Anonymousreply 466May 23, 2022 9:36 PM

Put me on ignore and challenge your assumption, r465.

by Anonymousreply 467May 23, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote] You mean to say that you don't find her grilling video sexy? Fellating a hamburger is hot!

Bwahahahaha. That video was the ultimate in cringe.

by Anonymousreply 468May 23, 2022 9:40 PM

Writhing her body around what is supposed to be a hot grill is not sexy. She was licking and sucking on her own fingers the entire time.

Who taught this imbecile what sexy means?

by Anonymousreply 469May 23, 2022 9:43 PM

She has this pattern/habit of charging into a situation and immediately alienating all the other women. And of course, it’s because they’re all jealous bitches.

by Anonymousreply 470May 23, 2022 9:53 PM

Being royal; being sexy; being sincere - is there anything Meghan can convincingly manage? .

by Anonymousreply 471May 23, 2022 10:37 PM

She can simulate a blowjob on a hamburger apparently.

by Anonymousreply 472May 23, 2022 10:45 PM

In Spain, it is called "el beso negro."

by Anonymousreply 473May 23, 2022 10:48 PM

The video of her handing out the cup is hilarious in its unvarnished display of Meghan's narcissism. She actually pushes the handsome young man next to her away as she places herself centre-stage.

She really is a piece of work. It is simply astonishing how little awareness she has of how unlikable she comes across, or else she doesn't care.

by Anonymousreply 474May 23, 2022 10:49 PM

I'm surprised she didn't just go all out and wear an exact copy of the racing outfit from Pretty Woman.

We all know she's a 90s whore anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475May 23, 2022 10:52 PM

It's Diana she's copying. She's obsessed with Diana.

by Anonymousreply 476May 23, 2022 10:58 PM

That's what that BI above was referring to - you can find the video on YouTube already.

She is phonier than a fucking three-dollar bill. Honestly. It's like watching a marionette.

And the person she's channeling with the huge hat and giant sunglasses is Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's", in the scene where she dresses quickly to meet the Mafia boss in Sing-Sing, and as she's leaving, George Peppard's Sugar Mum, Patricia Neal, rolls up to the chic Sixties townhouse in a cab.

Scroll down for the third photo and you'll see exactly who Meghan Markle thinks she can cosplay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477May 23, 2022 11:10 PM

[quote] She actually pushes the handsome young man next to her away as she places herself centre-stage.

Is it the guy to her left or right?

If the one to her right, was the push before or after he refused to hand over his box?

by Anonymousreply 478May 23, 2022 11:10 PM

^I think he's the dark-haired one on her right, but our visual left. She gets into the centre and quietly pushes him away so she's fully centre.

And my GOD does Harry look horrible. He's gotten a second chin, the hair is fucking terrifying his body looks bad . . . she really has drained him dry.

by Anonymousreply 479May 23, 2022 11:19 PM

Nacho's wife sees right through them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480May 23, 2022 11:24 PM

Stupid bimbo is wearing white granny panties under that skirt when she should be wearing nude.

by Anonymousreply 481May 23, 2022 11:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482May 23, 2022 11:34 PM

I wonder if her husband has some influence over Bea’s wardrobe. He has better taste—well it could hardly be worse—and can steer her away from the fashion disasters to which she is prone. She looks very nice here.

by Anonymousreply 483May 23, 2022 11:46 PM

Yes dear, we heard you the third time, and remain skeptical that Buggy Bea and the little Italian will officially be joining the working royals.

by Anonymousreply 484May 24, 2022 12:03 AM

In the polo picture Meghan looks like ET when Gertie (Drew Barrymore) dressed him in a wig, dress, and hat

by Anonymousreply 485May 24, 2022 12:20 AM

Edo is gorgeous !!!

by Anonymousreply 486May 24, 2022 12:27 AM

r482 I would very much welcome Princess Beatrice becoming a working royal of sorts! I actually believe she would be really good and a definite asset. I am inclined to think you are right!

by Anonymousreply 487May 24, 2022 12:39 AM

[quote] Everytime I read about Nacho, I think of the Mad Med character HoHo

Same here, every time.

Bad boy polo players are classic royal scandal figures, although typically it’s royal daughters falling for them (poor Christina O).

by Anonymousreply 488May 24, 2022 12:40 AM

R470 But she's a renowned feminist! She has a not-quite-finished podcast about Lady Power! She'd never turn against another woman! Unless it was her sister-in-law who she denigrated on Oprah or the multiple female assistants she made cry. But they all deserved it so doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 489May 24, 2022 12:47 AM

He is, R486. I enjoy that Bea married so well compared to her idiotic younger sister. No issue if they want to become part time working royals of some kind, as long as she's capable of keeping her nose clean. Eug had to release a statement explaining some very suspicious-looking financial activity recently, and all I could think was like father (and mother), like daughter. I think Bea's steered clear?

by Anonymousreply 490May 24, 2022 12:48 AM

r489 Or her sister who she tried to slut shame to Finding Freedom author Omid. Yup such a femminist!

by Anonymousreply 491May 24, 2022 12:56 AM

She really is the worst person in the world. (making me rethink Trump... well maybe not him. She's = to Sarah Palin I think, maybe more spoiled)

by Anonymousreply 492May 24, 2022 1:00 AM

R482 I've grown very fond of Bea. Didn't take much interest her until Eugenia's wedding when Bea had to manage drunken Fergie like a prison matron. I'm sure Edo fools around, but I hope at only a moderate level that Bea can tolerate. They seem nice together and it's horrible having an alcoholic mother and a boorish, sex pest dad.

by Anonymousreply 493May 24, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote] Eug had to release a statement explaining some very suspicious-looking financial activity recently, and all I could think was like father (and mother), like daughter. I think Bea's steered clear?

Bea was involved but with plausible deniability, because the bribe (which is what it really was) was claimed to be in celebration of her wedding but went to one of Andrew’s accounts. Eug got a smaller one straight to one of her accounts. I don’t think either girl is much of an intellectual, so whether either was even aware is an open question.

by Anonymousreply 494May 24, 2022 1:08 AM

Bea seems like a very nice woman. Both of Andrew’s daughters have university degrees so they aren’t stupid. I hope that Endo doesn’t fool around but that seems acceptable in those circles.

by Anonymousreply 495May 24, 2022 1:10 AM

I think Meghan is going to be toast sooner than later. I was at a party thrown by a bi-racial friend with a good mix of black women in attendance. I thought I would put the feelers out on Meghan. At first there was a little defensiveness but when we discussed the good she could have done being the first black royal vs. coming back to LA to be a Kardashian, everyone felt she should have stayed royal. Aside from the that, nobody really gave 2 shits about her to begin with and non of the early 30's women had ever heard of Suits or the USA network in general.

TLDR: Girl, bye.

by Anonymousreply 496May 24, 2022 1:41 AM

The headline of this article cracked me up: “rare PDA moment”? Who is paying Page Six for posting this nonsense? I think we know.

She clutches him at every public event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 24, 2022 2:47 AM

I love how they had to invite their staff to this event because they have no friends.

by Anonymousreply 498May 24, 2022 4:09 AM

My fervent hope is that this is all some brilliant Netflix scheme, pretending to be shooting a "docu-series" but actually recording all of Markle's bossy tantrums and her insipid pussy-whipped hubby's.... insipid pussy-whipped antics. And then releasing *that* as the ultimate way to recoup all those wasted Archebucks. I'm sure that this pair has somehow violated some part of their contract; they've released nothing except that stupid cartoon aided and abetted by Mrs. Elton John that got canned.

by Anonymousreply 499May 24, 2022 7:44 AM

I bet that no matter what content the Harkles create, it will be a steaming pile of shit - and might be car-crash viewing. Netflix wouldn't even have to try. Just put Megsy in charge and see what ludicrous nonsense she struts out. Once again, she'll make Gwyneth and Goop look like genius stuff.

She can't even dress herself in order to keep the mockers at bay - she's a complete moron. He's actually better and might manage "boring" - she'll just be an international monumental joke.

by Anonymousreply 500May 24, 2022 9:15 AM

Meghan’s actions at the Santa Barbara Polo Club are being circulated via video. She comes off so poorly that she looks like a madwoman: grabbing things from a 16 year old, pushing him/her husband out of the way, performatively enacting bizarre public displays of affection (kissing men, grasping them), merching clothing and tiny rings on her hand, making exaggerated motions, and as always, dressing inappropriately.

She continues to offend and turn more people off further....which hardly seems possible. She is the (non)royal Trump: offensive, egotistical, ridiculous and pathetic. If she does return to England, be prepared for a massive show for the history books.

by Anonymousreply 501May 24, 2022 10:31 AM

That video is so tragic because it's a paradigm of everything that's wrong with Meghan and Harry. What a bad actress she is, how obsessed with centre stage, how crude, how coarse, how hungry. And how inauthentic.

Harry looks pathetic, ugly, only half there . . . No wonder his father is so sad.

And all of these warts could have been carefully hidden if the two delusionals had had the sense to stay where they were behind the screen of royalty, built of a few easy to follow guidelines.

Trust the DM to out the.video up with a deceptively nice headline, and then throw the shade bomb in the text underneath the video with phrases like "finally got her moment in the spotlight".

You know, Kate gave out a polo prize too in mich the same circumstances, you know standing in front of the team.

But the effect, needless to say, is completely different: unforced, unactrrssy, charming, and feminine.

Poor Meghan has neither Diana's glamour in such moments, nor Kate's ability to be there but manage not to make it about her.

The result is that awful video exposing Meghan for the bitchy manipulative narcissist she is

by Anonymousreply 502May 24, 2022 11:30 AM

R502 brilliant perspective.

by Anonymousreply 503May 24, 2022 12:13 PM

Didn't her grabbing things away from people start in her childhood when she grabbed the tiara off a birthday girl's head at the poor girl's birthday party?

There are also childhood stories courtesy of Lady Colin Campbell of children not wanting a young Harry at their birthday parties because he was so disruptive.

Haz and his harridan's issues playing nice with others began early.

by Anonymousreply 504May 24, 2022 12:13 PM

FWIW, I just read that Pa Markle's podcast partner Karl Larsen was one of the Backgrid photogs at the Polo event.

Seems odd that such an adversary would be allowed anywhere near Meg.

Is there a family reunion in the works guaranteeing a Netflix reality show ratings bonanza?

by Anonymousreply 505May 24, 2022 1:41 PM

The comments under the DM article are brutal. Even the usual complement of Meghanstans are hard put to defend this, and I note that Scabies is silent, as well, unless I missed something. Oh, that's right, he had to disappear after the Reality Show Announcement to attend to personal affairs.

Meghan is incapable of grasping Less is More, let alone Trying Too Hard.

Oprah, by the way, was paid $7 million for that car crash interview that backfired on the Harkles so badly.

I'm sure if they want to do another one, Oprah would be happy to pick up another $7 million (or whatever it has to be adjusted to inflation for).

by Anonymousreply 506May 24, 2022 1:55 PM

Who paid Oprah $7million? I’m not trying to be a dick, asking seriously.

by Anonymousreply 507May 24, 2022 2:12 PM

R507. Hey. She worked hard on that interview. She even watched The Crown to research.

by Anonymousreply 508May 24, 2022 2:21 PM

I think she might hand the next interview off to Dr Phil and Suzie Orman. They will work through their financial and personal “issues”.

by Anonymousreply 509May 24, 2022 2:25 PM

Answered my own question. It seems CBS paid her for that festival of mendacity and self-pity.

Speaking of CBS, did anyone see Gayle this morning? She was *off*. Seemed drunk or something. She picked a spat with Chris Wragge because he didn’t say “good morning” to her. She paused a lot and had a pained expression as if she was trying to maintain focus on her job. But I digress.

by Anonymousreply 510May 24, 2022 2:29 PM

It's almost like performance art with Meg. She clearly sees herself as fetching, glamorous and captivating, when in reality she is common, grasping and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 511May 24, 2022 2:29 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512May 24, 2022 3:34 PM

Cringe de la cringe!

-- Cressida Bonas

by Anonymousreply 513May 24, 2022 3:44 PM

Oprah should be ashamed. Queen Elizabeth received her warmly at the wedding and Prince Philip only asked twice if she could make sure his tub was thoroughly scrubbed as the last girl didn’t seem to have the strength to get tough stains out.

by Anonymousreply 514May 24, 2022 3:48 PM

Is active hatred of Meghan Markle really work all the energy & effort the haters expend?

by Anonymousreply 515May 24, 2022 3:48 PM

It's not hatred R515, it's sneering.

by Anonymousreply 516May 24, 2022 3:50 PM

This is just highlarious ... speaking of high, bets that Megz was sniffing coke before this appearance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517May 24, 2022 3:58 PM

Nightmares like Meghan don't come around often - we have to make hay while the sun shines R515. This is GLEE! Get with the program.

by Anonymousreply 518May 24, 2022 4:22 PM

WHY was she trying to take that man's wooden box?

by Anonymousreply 519May 24, 2022 4:23 PM

R515 It's not hate, honey, it's comedy. Hate is a malevolent dislike of someone to the point you wish them harm, injury, or damage. The response to Meghan on DL, by the vast majority of users, is farce.

Meghan and Harry are comedy gold because they are a drama loving crazy mess that everyone with a lick of common sense can see right through. It's made all the funnier because the Sussexes themselves are too self-important to see it. Even public figures who take themselves very serious do try to pretend that they have a sense of humor about themsleves, but not Meghan and Harry. It's hysterical really.

by Anonymousreply 520May 24, 2022 6:22 PM

Word on twitter is Meghan's father had a stroke this morning and is in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 521May 24, 2022 6:24 PM

R521 you beat me to it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522May 24, 2022 6:24 PM

What timing. Her father had a massive stroke. I'm certain she will be at his bedside reconciled and teary eyed. And possibly not able to come to the Jubilee....and of course she would want the kids with her... Harry can't ague with that, now can he.

by Anonymousreply 523May 24, 2022 6:27 PM

My father is trying to use his stroke to ruin the filming of my VERY important and impactful document-series, featuring me, of course.

by Anonymousreply 524May 24, 2022 6:29 PM

So the whole video of Megs, the Los Padres Polo Team, and the trophy was a farce this past weekend? They did NOT win their match.

[italic] “The closely fought match between Argentinian Ralph Lauren Polo model Nacho Figueras’ Los Padres team, with the Duke of Sussex playing as Harry Wales, and Beverly Hills-based movie producer Sarah Magness’ Dundas team was all square at 13-13 when Queen Elizabeth’s grandson scored three minutes before the final horn of the six chukker game. But Dundas fought back with a vengeance in the final 180 seconds lifting the trophy 15-13 in front of a sold-out crowd [/italic]

Dundas vs Los Padres:[bold] Dundas wins, Los Padres LOSES.[/bold]

So the whole thing with Megs this past weekend was for optics? Or a participation trophy? Hahahaha Got to be kidding!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525May 24, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote] WHY was she trying to take that man's wooden box?

Because he had a box and she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 526May 24, 2022 7:43 PM

Lol!!! No wonder the other members of the team looked so annoyed, and makes her pawing at Haz even more cringe.

by Anonymousreply 527May 24, 2022 8:11 PM

R522 I certainly don’t wish the guy harm, but this is a hell of a plot twist! Days before the Jubly!

A choice between a balcony walkon or attending to her dying father.

No love for her at either place—Harry’s family or her family. Kind of feel sorry for her for the first time.

But mainly popping the popcorn and watching it all unfold with delight.

by Anonymousreply 528May 24, 2022 8:12 PM

[quote] A choice between a balcony walkon or attending to her dying father.

She’s not getting a balcony walk-in.

by Anonymousreply 529May 24, 2022 8:17 PM

If Thomas Markle dies this week—hate to say it—but it will give M considerable cover at the Jubly. The RF will be forced to express sympathy to her. And she’ll get to shed tears while smiling bravely.

In all seriousness, no matter how terrible your relationship is with a parent, losing one is deeply rattling—especially for those not at peace with the parent. I’ve seen it dozens of times—people at peace with their parents are very sad, of course, but it doesn’t damage them in the way it does people with lots of unresolved issues. I’m sure his death will screw her up.

by Anonymousreply 530May 24, 2022 8:20 PM

It’s hilarious that Thomas Markle was planning to attend the Jubilee just to heckle his daughter.

This f@cling family! Hard to know who to root for in any given day.

by Anonymousreply 531May 24, 2022 8:26 PM

She’s probably hoping he’ll hold on and expire the day before Trooping of the Colour.

by Anonymousreply 532May 24, 2022 8:26 PM

She is long past “will screw her up”

by Anonymousreply 533May 24, 2022 8:28 PM

Where did she get the $$$ to arrange this hit on dear old dad to take focus off the Jubly & put it on her? She thinks she will be on everyone's lips. Will she fly to her dad's side? Or not..breathless anticipation. And then, Tearful, lilies in hand, she flies via helicopter, to his side at the hospital. Netflix clicking away as she buttonholes his specialists, "You must save him, my darling daddy, he means the world to me." Then the bed scene. Her hair even longer & glossy, extra badly applied bronzer, short skirt showing her legs for days as she bends over darling dad moping his brow while crying..Daddy, Daddy, come back to me. Hell, screw Netflix Gayle & Oprah have this on all the channels. Live stream all day. Platinum Jubly? Hell, this is real life drama.

by Anonymousreply 534May 24, 2022 8:36 PM

Are we sure *sympathy* will be what Meghan gets if her dad takes a turn for the worse or doesn't make it? My immediate thought was that she better pray he's fine because everybody knows how coldly she cut him off and it'll just underline it if he dies whilst she's in the middle of sucking up to Harry's family.

by Anonymousreply 535May 24, 2022 8:40 PM

Polo video. Hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 24, 2022 8:44 PM

R528 There is no choice. Meghan and Harry have been told, and the Palace has confirmed, that ONLY working royals will be on the balcony. The list was published and Harry and Meghan are not on it. They're OUT.

by Anonymousreply 537May 24, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote] Where did she get the $$$ to arrange this hit on dear old dad to take focus off the Jubly & put it on her?

Omid Scobie has taken a few days off from Twitter. A coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 538May 24, 2022 8:49 PM

Her exlaimed "Ooh, yes" as she claw claps in the background after being pushed back is pretty damn hysterical.

If only she knew the disdain that continuously surrounds her and her fabricated persona. She's actually engaged a new set of enemies: the wives and girlfriends of circuit polo players! OMG, that bitch has engaged an international circuit of grown up, rich "Mean Girls.". Did she actually knowingly step into that shark tank or did she think she was teflon and impervious due to her association with one of the sketchiest Royals?

by Anonymousreply 539May 24, 2022 9:05 PM

I bet the polo players hate her too. Harry must have a hell of a hard time in the changing room. I bet everyone is icily polite with him, while never really looking him in the eye, and he's quietly excluded from social events which always tend to happen on 'his day off'. He's dumb enough to not fully realise why all of this is happening but he surely feels tbe cold draught on his back.

by Anonymousreply 540May 24, 2022 9:11 PM

Cringe indeed. She's old enough to be the mother of all the other polo players.

Is it malignant narcissism, mania or drugs?

by Anonymousreply 541May 24, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote]and he's quietly excluded from social events which always tend to happen on 'his day off'.

Does this really happen or are they "invited" to be the Royal curio who brought his wife/nanny/minder/snot-wiper along to Santa Barbara society events? Those folks don't only invite "their own kind," but also jesters and hangers on for their amusement.

Harry and Meghan didn't perceive this when Bob Iger raised his eyebrow and say "Oh, really?" when Harry pumped her for her horrific Disney vocal fry voiceover on their Elephant movie. and yet they keep barrelling through, despite her horrid reviews

by Anonymousreply 542May 24, 2022 9:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543May 24, 2022 9:28 PM

He needs TWO guards to go for a bike ride? Holy fucking paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 544May 24, 2022 10:09 PM

R544, and remember, this was a set-up. Professional photographers aren’t wandering around in a secluded suburb waiting for a celebrity to appear. They knew exactly when he was going to be there, presumably to promote the e-bike that the Daily Mail has a separate write-up about. He’s a shill.

by Anonymousreply 545May 24, 2022 10:25 PM

R542 I'd invite them once for the comedy value and the story material but I bet my ass Megs has already managed to alienate the WAGs so much with her phoniness, passive aggressive jabs and main character syndrome that no one can bear to be around them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 546May 24, 2022 10:25 PM

r545, are you implying that one of the Sussexes might be MERCHING?

Well never in all my life.

by Anonymousreply 547May 24, 2022 10:30 PM

Oddly, Nacho Figueras (owner of the losing Los Padres team) does not appear anywhere in the Santa Barbara Polo Club Magazine, in the 2022 OR 2021 issue. Is he not a member? Why wouldn’t he or his wife be photographed or mentioned in any event in two years? What’s up with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548May 24, 2022 10:31 PM

In regards to her father's stroke, you know that Meghan's only thought is, "why is this happening to me?"

by Anonymousreply 549May 24, 2022 10:43 PM

Why is the fact that the other team won the match, and not Harry's, not being broadcast everywhere so that everyone knows the WAGS of the winning team were totally cut out?!

by Anonymousreply 550May 24, 2022 10:49 PM

And, JFYI - the woman in the more discreet and flattering polka-dot dress walking with Meghan was none other than her pal from Toronto, Abigail Spencer.

It was Spencer who set up the hagiographic PEOPLE Magazine issue that was supposed to counteract all the bad PR Meghan was accumulating, which was published in February or March 2019, and which Meghan claimed was a complete surprise to her.

Spencer also made a video of herself masturbating, which was generally available at one point, and which Spencer's boyfriend allegedly shared with Harry, to Meghan's fury.

Yes, they're a classy lot, the Markle/Sussex blend.

by Anonymousreply 551May 24, 2022 10:53 PM

Kind of convenient for Pa Markle to get sick so he will not have to go to England because he said he was going to the Jubilee. But if he did die I hope Smegs feels guilty. If she would have brought Harry to meet him and acted decently things could have been different. If they were smart they should have said they would give Papa an allowance but they would discontinue it if he speaks to the Press.

by Anonymousreply 552May 24, 2022 10:57 PM

^^^^ I am talking about taking Harry to meet him right after they got engaged and set up an "allowance"

by Anonymousreply 553May 24, 2022 10:59 PM

I have some sympathy for Pa Markle, but he's a grifter too. He whines about being an absent grandfather, but Samantha and Jr's kids all said they either never met him or barely knew him.

by Anonymousreply 554May 24, 2022 10:59 PM

Meghan has never known guilt nor shame her whole life. Those emotions are unknown to a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 555May 24, 2022 11:01 PM

R550 would a megaphone out the back of a car going up and down the street be broadcasty enough? I can't quite decipher your complaint.

by Anonymousreply 556May 24, 2022 11:11 PM

I have Inside Edition on in the background and heard that next coming up is Pa Markle's health scare. HA I will check it out.

by Anonymousreply 557May 24, 2022 11:47 PM

Nevermind, a news conference for the school shooting in Texas is interrupting. They won't dare interrupt This Is Us final show which is a goldmine for NBC.

by Anonymousreply 558May 24, 2022 11:49 PM

Watching Meghan try to pull down her hat so she can be seen behind the trophy is so funny. I hope she’s seen it.

by Anonymousreply 559May 24, 2022 11:55 PM

It cut into the story and IE said Pa Markle lost speech, Smegs may be glad of that.

by Anonymousreply 560May 24, 2022 11:56 PM

[quote]Meghan has never known guilt nor shame her whole life. Those emotions are unknown to a narcissist

That's why they can't learn and grow the fuck up. They're forever the mean girl in 5th grade (or Trump the conduct-disordered bully who gets sent to military school but they can't straighten his ass out either)

by Anonymousreply 561May 25, 2022 12:05 AM

R550, isn’t that a pisser? Too many things have happened since then and the public in general won’t care.

But the people at the club and in the polo world know what’s up. I don’t expect they’ll be getting a very warm reception there. Especially since Nacho and Harry seem to be personae non grata there. See r548. Not a mention of Nacho or his wife anywhere. If he’s such a polo star, why not?

by Anonymousreply 562May 25, 2022 12:21 AM

I've been reading up about Nacho Figures, who started riding ponies at the age of seven and his parents sent him off to a horse farm to develop skills. He's been riding professionally since he was 17 and actually does have a talent. He's the #1 player and Ralph Lauren model for the sport for nearly two decades and earned some serious stripes, as Harry lazed on and away.

Ignacio may be a quintessential playboy, but he's long had and developed business opportunities, including handing the HRH and his vainglorious wife. This is a tiny bump on the road of the "Most recognized polo player on earth!"

And yet after Meghan tried to snatch his fellow teammate's box, he looked TOTALLY FED UP and just grabbed the trophy to put it overhead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563May 25, 2022 12:37 AM

Although I initially thought otherwise, now taking another look, it appears that MM was perhaps not trying to take the box from the man to her right at the polo gig, but rather wants him to hold the box higher so that it looks better on camera. She's adjusting his hold on the box.

by Anonymousreply 564May 25, 2022 12:45 AM

I want his dick, not that stupid box.

by Anonymousreply 565May 25, 2022 12:48 AM

[qote]MM was perhaps not trying to take the box.... She's adjusting his hold on the box.

And I am Marie of Romania.

by Anonymousreply 566May 25, 2022 12:58 AM

How fucking controlling can someone be to try to adjust how the athlete next to her is holding his box - and it looked like he snatched it back from her as if she were pulling it away from him. Well, it looked like that to me - he looked a bit pissed.

by Anonymousreply 567May 25, 2022 12:59 AM

R563, yeah, Nacho is hot. He’s famous. But why has there only been one mention of him in the Santa Barbara Polo Club Magazine in three years? Do they not like him? Does he not belong to the club?

by Anonymousreply 568May 25, 2022 1:07 AM

Santa Barbara Polo Club is small potatoes in the polo world - he’s probably visiting for the first time in years.

by Anonymousreply 569May 25, 2022 1:11 AM

I’m sure Nacho and the other “teammates” are delighted that #LosPadresPoloTeam Instagram is 95% photos of Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 570May 25, 2022 1:19 AM

Harry was born into one of the sweetest, easiest lives on earth. A spoiled dimwit, he was guaranteed the best of everything, and he's given all that up to go be a corporate shill in California, begging for scraps from tech bros and celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 571May 25, 2022 2:56 AM

[quote] Harry was born into one of the sweetest, easiest lives on earth.

You try going to a urine-stenched old people’s home and smile while toothless “old people smell” residents come up and tell you stories about their boring little lives.

by Anonymousreply 572May 25, 2022 3:19 AM

I would happily do that for a couple of hours a week if I could climb back into my chauffeur-driven SUV and go back to my castle afterward.

by Anonymousreply 573May 25, 2022 3:44 AM

First off, I do hope Thomas Markle does get better. I'm not a fan of his, but I don't wish a stroke on anybody. That being said, this puts Megz in a shitty position. If she goes to the jubilee and her father is still ailing, she looks like a bitch. If she stays in the US but doesn't see her father, she looks like a bitch. I honestly hope she and Harry just take this chance and stay home. H&M are a circus because the media still thinks they are /wants them to be a story but the truth is most people in the US and UK are tired of hearing about them.

by Anonymousreply 574May 25, 2022 4:08 AM

Nacho and Conan (the superior redhead)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575May 25, 2022 4:28 AM

R574 If it looks like a bitch, and walks like a bitch, and quacks like a bitch . . .

by Anonymousreply 576May 25, 2022 4:31 AM

R574, Meghan is not in a shitty situation. The Jubly isn’t happening tomorrow. She can hop in a private jet and be wherever her father is in an hour. She can see him before she leaves for London. Hell, she can spend a couple of days if she wants to.

It’s not either/or; she can do both. And being the stupid contrary cunt she is, it wouldn’t surprise me if she did neither.

by Anonymousreply 577May 25, 2022 4:45 AM

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they make a tactless comment on today's shooting

by Anonymousreply 578May 25, 2022 4:49 AM

This is my fantasy fiction and it would be so diabolical BUT what if Meghan was in cahoots w/ Thomas and Samantha? Meghan's dream is constantly "break the internet" (on the objectives she gave to her now dumped, pre-Harry publicist). Could you imagine the press at a reunion? Meghan's image is at an all time low. Skipping the Jubilee to be by her dad's side, the first photos of the Markle family and the kids. I would tune in. OR even better, for the reality show.

A Vanity Fair royal podcast listener, an MD, did a deep dive analysis on Tom's chart from the "widow maker" heart attack he claimed to have prior to the wedding. She said that a heart attack like that wasn't consistent with his chart. He was able to get to the hospital from Rosarito to San Diego. It's called a widow maker because there is no time to get to a hospital.

I do wish Pa Markle well and I'm sure all is what it seems, but then again maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 579May 25, 2022 6:19 AM

Thomas Markle just can't catch a break. He had a heart attack days before the wedding and now a stroke days before he was due to appear at the Jubilee.

The best solution would be for MM to go see Thomas and for Harry to go to the Jubilee alone.

Win/win/win/win for MM, Harry, Thomas and the BRF.

Anything else will have nasty blowback for H and M.

by Anonymousreply 580May 25, 2022 6:24 AM

[quote]This is my fantasy fiction and it would be so diabolical BUT what if Meghan was in cahoots w/ Thomas and Samantha?

I don't believe that but you're not the first person to suggest it.

by Anonymousreply 581May 25, 2022 6:25 AM

[quote] This is my fantasy fiction and it would be so diabolical BUT what if Meghan was in cahoots w/ Thomas and Samantha?

Fuck that's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 582May 25, 2022 6:34 AM

If Meghan was in cahoots with Thomas and Samantha I might like her more.

by Anonymousreply 583May 25, 2022 7:23 AM

It could be something cooked up for Netflix drama...guaranteed to have viewers riveted for the big reconciliation.

by Anonymousreply 584May 25, 2022 7:43 AM

Frau friction

by Anonymousreply 585May 25, 2022 11:33 AM

I highly fought Markle’s stroke was orchestrated by his family/Netflix for added drama.

I do think Meghan/Netflix will leverage as opportunity to show Meghan as all forgiving/all living daughter swooping in for death bed scene.

by Anonymousreply 586May 25, 2022 11:42 AM

[quote]Santa Barbara Polo Club is small potatoes in the polo world - he’s probably visiting for the first time in years.

... as arranged by their PR firm no doubt ...

'Hello Mr. Nacho? The Duchess of Sussex and the Santa Barbara Polo Club have invited you to play an all-expense paid match, which will feature Prince Harry on your team. Yes, your 'good friend' Harry who you have met on several occasions! A full string of polo ponies will be provided for your use. If you will please just sign this agreement for your image, and the entire event to be filmed for 'later use'. Regardless of the outcome, although we are certain that you will lead Harry's team to victory, you will be asked to go through the motions of accepting the winner's trophy, and to ensure that both the Prince and the Duchess are front and center at all times through the trophy presentation. Please advise your appearance fee'.

by Anonymousreply 587May 25, 2022 2:12 PM

Whatever shitty situation the Harkles find themselves in, it’s one they created through their own selfishness and ineptitude

by Anonymousreply 588May 25, 2022 3:03 PM

Harsh but possibly true: Her deluded narcissism coupled with her new age-y "manifesting" and "karma" mind set may have her believing the "universe" has silenced her father for her rather than her feeling any remorse or empathy.

If she is able to turn her father's hardship into a Netflix opportunity, she will have a hard time containing her narcissistic "smirk" for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 589May 25, 2022 4:25 PM

She will claim this is her family trying to muzzle or silence her. Remember that it's all about her.

by Anonymousreply 590May 25, 2022 4:33 PM

[quote]A Vanity Fair royal podcast listener, an MD, did a deep dive analysis on Tom's chart from the "widow maker" heart attack he claimed to have prior to the wedding. She said that a heart attack like that wasn't consistent with his chart. He was able to get to the hospital from Rosarito to San Diego. It's called a widow maker because there is no time to get to a hospital.

An American MD somehow got ahold of his medical records, violating the HIPAA privacy act, and made a diagnostic conclusion about a patient she never met? OK. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 591May 25, 2022 4:41 PM

Nothing says privacy like a home story! I think they have been spending way more than they earn. Has anyone bothered to make a list of their probable regular income?

by Anonymousreply 592May 25, 2022 4:51 PM

r592 Not sure about their income but I recall reading somewhere that their likely monthly outgoings were four million dollars minimum and probably higher.

by Anonymousreply 593May 25, 2022 5:09 PM

She was high. It explains everything.

by Anonymousreply 594May 25, 2022 6:07 PM

I could find a podcast-listening MD who could conclude that Thomas Markle’s heart attack and stroke were real and inevitable. And without seeing his “chart”, because that’s a HIPAA violation. The guy is old and obese with his weight centered in his belly. Smoked and drank. DUH.

by Anonymousreply 595May 25, 2022 6:12 PM

Nacho Markled the SBPC.

by Anonymousreply 596May 25, 2022 6:14 PM

This is going to be goooooodddddd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597May 25, 2022 7:00 PM

I seriously doubt Trevor himself contributed to this book. He was over Meg's shit long ago.

Also, how ordinary and basic she looks in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 598May 25, 2022 7:13 PM

R598 plus his new wife is a billionaire heiress. He must be great in bed, since facially...he's...ok.

by Anonymousreply 599May 25, 2022 7:23 PM

Part 2 is live

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 25, 2022 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!