Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Depp Vs Heard (Part 3)

The other thread has become hard to load...

by Anonymousreply 601May 18, 2022 6:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2022 5:47 AM

(I re-posted my recent post on the last thread which wasn't loading properly.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2022 5:49 AM

I asked at the end of the last thread if it's normal for a healthy 30-year-old to have a nurse, and someone answered:

[quote]No, but it seems like a good way for rich addicts to get some extra drugs and emotional support.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2022 5:52 AM

*from* the last thread...

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2022 5:57 AM

Link to previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2022 6:26 AM

Sorry - just realized it was already linked.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2022 6:27 AM

Explains the bed shitting.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2022 6:32 AM

Assistants, private chefs, security, house cleaners, nannies and now even a private nurse? Could any of these shitbag crazy celebrities survive in the real world?

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2022 6:56 AM

Is it common to conduct cavity searches on your wife ?

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2022 7:02 AM

Who knows if the cavity search really happened. Heard is a notorious liar. She also faked her bruises and did not donate her settlement money to the children's hospital.

She was probably just looking for something really shocking and watched a prison movie the night before her therapy session.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2022 7:11 AM

Hi Johnny's PR crew. ^^^

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2022 7:20 AM

Imagine thinking everyone must have your same perspective on trial evidence, and then continually berating those who don't on a message-board..

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2022 7:32 AM

*message board (no hyphen)

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2022 7:34 AM

Why are Depp supporters suspicious of every single thing Amber says or claims about Johnny ...

... and yet they automatically assume Depp is being truthful and forthright in every utterance against Heard?

By the way, for the sake of argument, let's accept the theory that they were "equally abusive" during the marriage (which, no, I don't actually believe). Well, only one of them is still acting abusive, as evidenced in part by filing this lawsuit, and it's Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2022 9:48 AM

R1 in the olde days a white van would pull up and 2 attendants would get out out and chase this person around the yard with butterfly nets

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2022 10:01 AM

[Quote]Why are Depp supporters suspicious of every single thing Amber says or claims about Johnny ...

I'm sure they're both mentally ill, but at least he isn't 'shitting in someone's bed' crazy. Also, abusers usually follow a pattern and usually don't randomly start in their late 50s. None of his former partners reported that he had ever been violent or physically abusive while Heard does have a record of domestic violence and abusive behavior. People seem to forget.

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2022 11:02 AM

[quote]Why are Depp supporters suspicious of every single thing Amber says or claims about Johnny ...

Because she's lied a lot and ruined her credibility.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2022 11:04 AM

I love the DLers who pull up to threads to prove my original point (in this case, at r14)

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2022 11:05 AM

[quote]Well, only one of them is still acting abusive, as evidenced in part by filing this lawsuit, and it's Johnny

If he's telling the truth, and if she lied about him in the op-ed, how is it abusive for him to file a lawsuit in order to get the truth on record? Amber and the ACLU wrote the op-ed for publicity, and they were shady in their motives. They shouldn't be allowed the final (public) word regarding his life or who he is. You don't believe him, but that doesn't mean he isn't telling the truth. If he is, he's right to respond to their game, and to her turning things around and accusing him for what she herself was like.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2022 11:13 AM

*of* what she herself was like

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2022 11:15 AM

[Quote]Well, only one of them is still acting abusive, as evidenced in part by filing this lawsuit, and it's Johnny.

So he can't defend himself, but it was ok for Heard to publish an op-ed two years after their separation? Why didn't she stop the abuse and move on? His career wasn't damaged beyond repair at this point. Truth is she's a vindictive cunt and wanted to ruin his career and knew very well accusations of physical and sexual abusive would get the job done at the height of the Me-Too movement.

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2022 11:18 AM

I am copying and pasting a recent comment I read on a Washington Post story, because it needs to be said here too:

Apparently, this needs to be said: We are not even halfway through a trial. Much like the jury is instructed to do, everyone should try to keep an open mind until after all the evidence is entered.

Particularly those declaring Depp has won or Heard has no evidence should wait until Heard puts on her case.

Depp already put on his case.

If basic fairness or due process are not enough to stop prejudgment case against Heard, this has already been adjudicated against Depp. That should be a reason for pause.

Before suing Heard, Depp sued The Sun in the U.K. There was a full, lengthy trial under similar law (except more favorable to Depp) and similar procedure in the U.K. High Court. The High Court produced a 129-page detailed analyses of the contentions of each side and the evidence presented.

The U.K. High Court found it "substantially true" that Depp was a "wife beater." It found Depp physically assaulted Heard on 12 different occasions, caused her serious physical injuries, and made her fear for her life.

Depp was unsuccessful on appeal.

Setting aside whether the U.K. High Court reached the right verdict, the trial included (at least ostensibly):

Eyewitnesses to Depp assaulting Heard

Eyewitnesses to the immediate aftermath of their fights and injuries to Heard

Medical records of injuries to Heard

Audio & video recordings indicating Depp assaulted Heard

Audio recordings of Depp bodyguards and staff discussing injuries to Heard and "cover stories" they would use (i.e., lies)

Photographs & videos of injuries to Heard

Texts, emails, and other corroborating evidence from Heard, Depp, & third parties

Witnesses corroborating Heard

Witnesses rebutting Depp

I am not saying the U.K. High Court verdict is conclusive.

I am not saying that the evidence from the U.K. trial or the verdict mean Depp cannot or should not win this trial.

I am saying take a pause. There's more evidence.

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2022 11:56 AM

Was the U.K. trial a jury trial? That could potentially make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2022 12:03 PM

[Quote] None of his former partners reported that he had ever been violent or physically abusive

Oh i'm sure Johnny was a complete saint when he dated them. I can't imagine why someone like Winona Ryder, would lie to avoid Depp's wrath when her career is back on track.

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2022 12:42 PM

OP, you had me at the words “hard” and “load”.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2022 12:48 PM

[Quote]Oh i'm sure Johnny was a complete saint when he dated them. I can't imagine why someone like Winona Ryder, would lie to avoid Depp's wrath when her career is back on track.

Vanessa Paridis, Winona Ryder, Sherilyn Fenn, Jennifer Grey and Depp's first wife have all said he was never violent or abusive towards them. I guess they're all lying to protect their non-existing careers. 🙄

Amber Heard is the *only* woman to accuse him of abuse and she herself has been arrested for domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2022 1:01 PM

To me, Johnny is damaged and self-destructive, while Amber is physically and mentally abusive. Disordered people like her can only act out with/against damaged people, and, IMO, that's what she did. Normal people who hadn't been abused in their childhood would never put up with it or stick around. When someone does what she did and then turns things around and blames the victim, which is typical for her, the victim is re-injured. Amber had the opportunity to turn things around and victim-blame on the world stage, and, as she insinuated to Depp, she knew no one would disbelieve her, a woman accusing a man of abuse during the #MeToo movement. Unfortunately, he has so much self-destruction events in his life for the defense attorneys to have a field day with and render him unsympathetic. This is all an example as to why people must pay attention to red flags and not get involved in any capacity with dangerous people such as Amber. Unfortunately, people with prior childhood trauma have a hard time truly understanding this.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2022 1:08 PM

R24 Er, what career? Also, Ryder shoplifted but Heard has actually been arrested for DV before, plus multiple people saying that she physically abused Depp.

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2022 1:24 PM

[quote]Heard has actually been arrested for DV before

Wrongfully arrested. Immediately released. Not charged. Arrest expunged. Legally, never arrested. Alleged "victim" denied it at the scene and still does decades later.

by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2022 1:28 PM

Also, Depp was arrested three times for violent outbursts and sued by a crew member who he punched while on the set.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2022 1:29 PM

R29 She was arrested, suggesting that it was serious enough for her to be publicly arrested. Of course her victim didn't want to press charges. That's very common amongst victims of DV.

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2022 1:30 PM

Doesn't matter, r31. Many states have mandatory arrest laws.

If there had been evidence, charges would have been filed regardless of what the alleged victim claimed.

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2022 1:31 PM

I thought Johnny was faking his accent but he's talked like that for quite some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2022 1:40 PM

Wasn’t Heard recently diagnosed with Borderline and Histrionic PD? That’s a pretty terrifying combo.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2022 1:55 PM

[Quote] Er, what career? Also, Ryder shoplifted but Heard has actually been arrested for DV before, plus multiple people saying that she physically abused Depp.

[Quote] Vanessa Paridis, Winona Ryder, Sherilyn Fenn, Jennifer Grey and Depp's first wife have all said he was never violent or abusive towards them. I guess they're all lying to protect their non-existing careers. 🙄

Wow i guess some of you must have been living under a rock to not know what Stranger Things is. Also convenient that you left out Kate Moss. Both Jennifer and Sherilyn still work, but i guess not a-list equals non existant to your dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2022 2:10 PM

[quote]Wasn’t Heard recently diagnosed with Borderline and Histrionic PD?

No. Depp's expert witness said she thought Heard was Borderline and Histrionic but she doesn't have an actual diagnosis. Depp's team wants you to think she does, though.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2022 2:13 PM

R35 Vanessa has also been a Chanel ambassador for decades, since before she met Depp. And she still has a film career in France.

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2022 2:24 PM

They're baaaaack bitches!

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2022 6:03 PM

BEARKING: Amber takes stand.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2022 6:04 PM

She admitted that she started out doing all kinds of things on small sets including makeup. Watch JD's lawyers hammer her on that accusing her of "faking" her bruises through her expert use of makeup (which they have already alleged elsewhere).

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but I would have advised my client to skip that part of her resume.

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2022 6:17 PM

🐻🤴🏽

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2022 6:18 PM

🐻👑💖 r41

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2022 6:20 PM

He has not looked up or made eye-contact with her once.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2022 6:21 PM

☝️🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2022 6:21 PM

r43 but you know he wants to. So, so badly.

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2022 6:27 PM

R43 it's very obvious. Shouldn't he be casting the occasional glance of contempt and incredulity her way, to throw her off her game perhaps, as a strategy?

What do our residents DL lawyers say?

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2022 8:53 PM

*resident

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2022 8:54 PM

They should both stay the fuck away from alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2022 8:59 PM

One thing I noticed during her long monologues to thy jury where she’s (fake) crying- no actual tears. Not a single one.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2022 9:25 PM

R49 I noticed that, too. It also seemed like she started and stopped on a dime and did not need tissue. She did not need time to compose herself either. She really didn’t seem very traumatized for a person with ptsd. Where is the flight attendant and the anon friend he allegedly roughed up?

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2022 9:32 PM

If Amber Heard is credible, than is JUSSIE SMOLLET...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2022 9:33 PM

[quote]He has not looked up or made eye-contact with her once.

I'm not sure what lawyers, body language experts, or psychologists would advise, but if I were rightfully accusing and suing someone for smearing my reputation for something as despicable as domestic violence and severe emotional abuse, I'd be looking intently at them during their testimony. Not necessarily trying to catch their eye, but to let them know my serious intent. And to try to fuck with them emotionally/mentally, of course.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2022 9:57 PM

R52 Do you think maybe his team would advise against any strong eye contact because it may come across as him being aggressive or trying to intimidate?

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2022 10:24 PM

Amber has all the markings of BPD. And Johnny is a serious substance abuser who's completely off any mental balance. Both of them are histrionic, after all they're actors.

by Anonymousreply 54May 4, 2022 11:04 PM

I can’t imagine that she wasn’t getting loaded with him more frequently than she admits to. Nobody can be with a heavy substance abuser for that long unless they also partake pretty often.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2022 11:35 PM

R55 She was, for sure. Heard's own nurse put down in her notes that Heard was addicted to liquor and cocaine. Then there was the testimony of more than one staff member that Heard would regularly drink two bottles of wine at a time and take drugs.

They both seem to want to downplay their substance abuse of course (I suppose because it looks bad).

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2022 11:45 PM

[quote]They both seem to want to downplay their substance abuse of course

Huh? Depp RELISHED talking about his substance abuse during his testimony. He loved every moment of it. He probably fancies himself as the tragic hero of a Hubert Selby novel.

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2022 12:44 AM

R57 Not true, he tried to downplay it quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2022 1:10 AM

you gotta be on drugs to be able to live with and deal with that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2022 2:26 AM

His blockbuster days are over. he's an old cunt now.

He could do interesting indie or art films but that's it

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2022 2:27 AM

From what I have see and heard they are both garbage. Equally guilty of being abusive and toxic to each other.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2022 2:48 AM

Cocaine is a helluva drug

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2022 3:15 AM

I read this thread's title quickly and I swear it said Deep vs. Hard. I thought it was a typical DL sex survey. LOL

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2022 3:17 AM

Amber strikes me as someone who butter wouldn't melt in her mouth at the beginning of a relationship.

And is always at the deep end by the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2022 3:38 AM

Amber Heard’s riveting testimony took apart the Johnny Depp myth

After days of smirking, joking, and self-indulgent testimony, Johnny Depp is laughing no more.

Oh, excuse me: There was that incredible moment he was caught smirking on camera as ex-wife Amber Heard recounted the moment Depp cornered her in a trailer — a trailer he’d just smashed up — ripped off her dress, grabbed her breast, tore off her underwear and, as Heard testified, “proceed[ed] to do a cavity search. He said he was looking for his drugs, his cocaine . . . [he] just shoved his fingers inside me . . . He twisted his fingers around.”

The rest of us recoiled. Johnny Depp smirked.

That tells you everything you need to know.

Whether you think Heard engaged in mind games and physical violence too — and I do — today’s testimony was beyond damning.

Heard was composed and cogent. She gave numerous, detailed examples of Depp’s abuse, scenarios in which she placed eye- or ear-witnesses, making her testimony all the more credible: Why tell stories that could so easily be refuted?

Heard testified that Depp’s then-14-year-old daughter Lily Rose was so scared by her father’s behavior she had a panic attack and fled her father’s private island in a helicopter with Heard.

“There’s no ‘off’ button with Johnny,” Heard said. Depp, ostensibly sober, had been drinking in front of her and his children, sneaking booze into his coffee cup.

Surely I’m not alone in suspecting Depp’s ever-present silver mug, from which he gulped during Heard’s testimony, contains something stronger than caffeine. His own testimony, in the most riveting celebrity court case since O.J., makes that a given. Actor Amber Heard testifies about the first time she says her ex-husband, actor Johnny Depp hit her, at Fairfax County Circuit Court during a defamation case against her by Depp in Fairfax, Virginia, U.S., May 4, 2022.

Who can forget Depp asking, “Isn’t happy hour anytime?” after admitting to using drugs with his good friend Marilyn Manson — you know, Manson, the guy with multiple accusations of sexual assault, who bragged to at least one other celebrity about having a “rape room” in his house.

Hey: You are the company you keep.

Remember the Johnny of two weeks ago, the proper Southern gentleman who said his abusive childhood made him the kind of parent who knew how to do just about everything right?

If that guy ever existed, he is long gone.

Heard testified that on July 9, 2013, Depp, angry that he was in debt and forced to sell his yacht to J.K. Rowling — folks, despite his on-stand demeanor, don’t be duped that Depp’s just one of us — got inebriated and, taking a messy dive off the boat, scared his children. His then-14-year-old daughter Lily-Rose, Heard said, started to cry.

Back on board, Depp, in Heard’s testimony, told his daughter to leave, then “slams me up against the wall of the cabin . . . slams me up by my neck. Holds me there for a second and tells me he could f—king kill me. [That] I was an embarrassment . . . I made him feel sick.”

Heard said she was more upset that Depp was embarrassed by her — “I was very much in love with this whole family now” — than by his threat to kill her. That, Heard said, she rationalized as hyperbole.

She sounded very much like an abused woman: Not wanting to leave Depp despite the abuse, but “wanting to want to leave.” She talked about Depp love-bombing her in the beginning, buying her expensive rare books, guitars, a horse, telling her she saved his life.

Within weeks he made it clear he wanted to marry her. One of the most famous men in the world, as she noted. Super-heady stuff for a young starlet. Depp would spend days with Heard holed up in her house, she said, drinking wine, smoking cigarettes, listening to music — and then disappear for weeks, no word, no way for Heard to reach him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2022 4:59 AM

He’d inevitably come back, claim he was “clean and sober,” in her words, “and he would go back to this wonderful . . . unbelievably nice, sensitive, kind, warm, generous, interesting, funny man that I loved.”

The first time Depp hit her, Heard said, “I will never forget . . . it changed my life.”

They were sitting on a couch, she said, “a jar of cocaine sitting on the table — an actual vintage jar” — that is such a Depp-specific detail, all that Hot Topic faux-goth crap he still thinks is cool — when she asked him about one of his tattoos, the “Winona Forever” he’d modified to “Wino Forever.”

Heard thought the tattoo was a joke. She had no frame of reference — she was in her mid-20s then, half Depp’s age. She had no idea about the iconic Gen X romance that was Johnny Depp, 26, and Winona Ryder, 17 and then, by her own account, a virgin.

Think that age gap would ever fly today?

Also: Think Johnny Depp can laugh at himself? Think again.

“He slapped me across the face,” Heard said.

What she describes next, again, is classic victim thinking: Heard says she knew she should walk out of the room but couldn’t. She didn’t cry.

Instead, she said, she laughed.

“I laughed because I didn’t know what else to do. I thought, ‘This must be a joke,’ . . . [I was] thinking that he was going to start laughing too.”

Instead, Depp said, “You think that’s funny, bitch?”He slapped her again, Heard testified, so hard she lost her balance.

Of course, he immediately got down on his knees, begged her forgiveness and promised it would never happen again.

Textbook.

Depp threatened to break the wrists of at least two women, Heard said, with witnesses to both incidents. Depp’s bodyguard saw Heard after Depp smacked her in a hotel room, her nose bleeding. She talked about Cocaine Johnny being different from Quaalude Johnny being different from Adderall Johnny.

Heard talked about Depp, high, holding a small dog out of the window of a moving car. Multiple witnesses.

She testified that Depp would get so drunk or high that he’d pass out in his own vomit or lose control of his bowels. She said his security team would clean up after him, or Heard herself.

Heard has moved on with her life, but Depp keeps dragging her into courtrooms, forcing contact, attempting to kill her career, his demented fans (and rumored bots) clogging up online forums and email inboxes, mine included, with ungrammatical missives of misogyny and hate.

It’s all another form of violence. It was notable that Depp, through the bulk of Heard’s testimony, couldn’t look at her — instead looking down, no more gummy bears and winks to the jury, his forehead lined with worry.

As well it should be. Goodbye to Johnny Depp, once Gen X’s most romantic hero — a better actor than we even knew.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2022 5:00 AM

She was clearly deceptive when explaining the first time he hit her today. however she seemed honest when describing when he put down her sexy dressing choices and called other actresses whores. It’s up to the jury but Depp seemed genuine the whole time…oftentimes juries get it right.

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2022 5:09 AM

[Quote] Amber strikes me as someone who butter wouldn't melt in her mouth at the beginning of a relationship.

[Quote] And is always at the deep end by the end of it

She reminds me of someone.

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2022 5:45 AM

Most of the commentators, body language experts etc. on Court TV today believe Amber is lying.

She portrays herself as some wide-eyed innocent, yet somehow went on to snag the richest man in the world, however briefly. Her best acting was never on screen.

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2022 6:43 AM

Is Court TV on Depp's payroll too?

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2022 8:48 AM

[quote]his demented fans (and rumored bots) clogging up online forums

I think the rumor about bots is true. I've already linked to several examples of these weird accounts online that were originally Michael Jackson stans, now Johnny Depp stans too, whose accounts have weird mixes of content.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2022 8:55 AM

She is such a bad actress. It made me cringe to watch her.

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2022 9:03 AM

Well then it's a good thing she's not being sued for her acting abilities, r72.

The UK trial provided substantial evidence to support Heard's claims of abuse.

by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2022 10:22 AM

Wonder why her attorneys began the questioning by asking if Heard had a daughter. I guess they're trying to sensitize the jury to her. For full disclosure maybe they should have added that the pregnancy was via surrogate so the jury understands that she isn't postpartum.

by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2022 10:32 AM

I find it hard to believe that Amber wasn't aware of Johnny and Winona dating 😕

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2022 11:34 AM

Her testimony sounded familiar and like a (bad, thanks for her acting) movie at times. It's because she's stealing her embellishments from actual movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2022 11:34 AM

Enough of the crazy frau conspiracy crap. If you have evidence that she's lying, say so. If you're an adult and claiming that you know she's lying because she says things that sound like movie plots, you should be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2022 11:37 AM

R77 Never said that she was lying. I said that she was stealing embellishments from movies. There is a difference that your feeble mind can't understand apparently.

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2022 11:44 AM

Please, r78.

by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2022 11:48 AM

Trying to give Amber a little benefit of doubt. But her post-slap about sitting on the "dirty carpet" ... and then repeating the line... Amber, gurl... You've been in way too many shitty Robert Rodriguez movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 5, 2022 12:03 PM

There's some Depp fangirl on here who always says anyone who disagrees with her is "feeble minded" or "too stupid to understand" what she wrote, and I keep putting her on ignore, but she keeps showing back up again.

by Anonymousreply 81May 5, 2022 12:17 PM

[quote]Never said that she was lying. I said that she was stealing embellishments from movies. There is a difference that your feeble mind can't understand apparently.

R78 that person is a batshit Amber Stan who likes their own comments dozens of times. No matter what you say about the case they will ardently defend her as if they are somehow bound to that fucking loon. It is beyond weird.

by Anonymousreply 82May 5, 2022 12:22 PM

[quote]Amber Heard

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2022 12:25 PM

The amount of word for word theft from The Talented Mr. Ripley is breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote] Apparently, this needs to be said: We are not even halfway through a trial. Much like the jury is instructed to do, everyone should try to keep an open mind until after all the evidence is entered.

R22 fuck that, I don’t recall taking the jurors’ oath.

by Anonymousreply 85May 5, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote]R78 that person is a batshit Amber Stan who likes their own comments dozens of times.

Anyone who believes this should look at my comments through ignore-dar and see for themselves that this isn't true.

Not that I'm surprised that he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's too distracted to see what's really going on because he spends all his time on DL complaining about lesbians ruining the world. I'm just giddy with anticipation over him calling me a lesbian as an insult. Again. So edgy and cool!

by Anonymousreply 86May 5, 2022 12:30 PM

Well said, R82...well said. He's an aggressive know-it-all who can't tolerate opinions that differ from his.

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2022 12:44 PM

I don't understand why Amber would comment about the age difference between Winona and Depp.

Isn't she less than half his age?

Johnny was an idiot to propose to her without knowing her. There's no fool like an old fool.

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2022 12:44 PM

[quote]Johnny was an idiot to propose to her without knowing her. There's no fool like an old fool.

☝️This. Absolutely! He was having a midlife crisis and ditched his baby mama for a young hot chick. This is an old cliché. Such a fucking drugged out dummy.

by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2022 12:50 PM

[quote]Heard thought the tattoo was a joke. She had no frame of reference — she was in her mid-20s then, half Depp’s age. She had no idea about the iconic Gen X romance that was Johnny Depp, 26, and Winona Ryder, 17

This is a fucking lie! She also lied when she said "I wasn't a fan of his work, I wasn't familiar with him". In 2011 she gave an interview saying she grew up watching his movies. One of her friends also claimed that Depp was her "first love" and that she had photos of him all over her bedroom. There's no way she didn't know about that fucking tattoo, which happens to be his most famous tattoo. You don't even have to be a fan to know how infamous that tattoo is. About a year before they filmed Rum Diary, she went to the premiere of Depp's Public Enemies - the photos are all over the internet. She should research her script a little better! No wonder she's always been a terrible actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2022 1:36 PM

We're live!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 5, 2022 2:09 PM

She is full of crap. Recording all of those conversations and taking questionable pictures. Why did she do that if it was not to frame him up?

by Anonymousreply 92May 5, 2022 2:16 PM

She's very emotional on Day 2. however for the past three weeks her reactions were almost perfectly frozen. while on the stand, however, her reactions are different. wonder what her cross demeanor will reveal? in comparison, that british assistant who was deposed was impenetrable.

by Anonymousreply 93May 5, 2022 2:28 PM

R52 i think his attorney's have advise him NOT to look at her because the jury could take that as trying to intimidate the witness, Amber Turd

by Anonymousreply 94May 5, 2022 2:33 PM

Assuming that the Lily Rose story about weed and bunking with grown ass rockers is true, I am on Amber’s side about that shit. Fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 95May 5, 2022 2:44 PM

Funny how rose refused to go to their wedding, previuos testimony was rose hated amber. If any of you believe amber on the stand be super carefulabout who you interact with in your life because they will peg you as a sucker. Remember there is one born every minute.

by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2022 2:57 PM

Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard trial live coverage: Photos of passed-out Johnny Depp shown in court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2022 2:58 PM

Somewhere, out there, Robert Downey Jr. is having a terrible dream.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2022 3:25 PM

He's still doodling today

by Anonymousreply 99May 5, 2022 3:27 PM

We all know he is a sloppy lush. So what? Her claims were about dv. She just took all of these pics to humiliate the idiot.

by Anonymousreply 100May 5, 2022 3:49 PM

He’s coloring furiously today, lol. The female attorney (the big one) sitting next to him is holding a yellow legal pad up to shield his work from prying photographers.

by Anonymousreply 101May 5, 2022 3:50 PM

She’s been shielding his doodling like this every time the camera pans to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 5, 2022 3:54 PM

Amber says Kate James was "drinking on the job..." hahahahaha

Like booze-bag, coked out Amber is one to talk.

by Anonymousreply 103May 5, 2022 4:34 PM

Why bring up Winona into this? Their relationship was decades ago and it's not like she was some naive little girl when they met. 17 year old movie stars aren't the same thing as 17 year old high school nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 104May 5, 2022 4:42 PM

I am also not sure what the passed out photos or talking about their drinking and drug use is supposed to accomplish. Its destroying both of their credibilities. Actors drinking and doing coke? Wow. Shocking.

If anything a dude who gets so drunk that he passes out isnt hitting you, is he Amber? Who takes photos of their husband passed out like that? I dated a drunken gambler. The day after telling me he "drove to work a bit buzzed Sunday morning, and didnt remember how he got home the night before", was the day I broke up with him and walked away.

by Anonymousreply 105May 5, 2022 4:54 PM

Where is Rose McGowan's opinion when you want it?

by Anonymousreply 106May 5, 2022 5:12 PM

R103 Amber is definitely hitting the booze. Look at how bloated her face is looking now. She was hot couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 107May 5, 2022 5:14 PM

The photos were part of her divorce plan. I want to hear from the witness to the "held dog out the window" incident. And what did she say about the tattoo that garnered her a couple slaps? I'm very surprised that she can't eke out a few genuine tears; thought everyone knew about phony crying without tears being a dead giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 108May 5, 2022 5:54 PM

Okay, if the re-shot Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? casting these two, I'd totally watch it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 5, 2022 5:55 PM

R108 funnily enough the Depp stans have found photos of, you guessed it, Amber holding her Yorkie dog out of the window while in a car..

by Anonymousreply 110May 5, 2022 6:04 PM

I saw Amber’s dog pic, and though I am no supporter of hers, it looked like the dog was just chilling with his head out the window like dogs do, but I still think her story about Depp holding the dog out the window was bullshit to get animal lovers fired up.

by Anonymousreply 111May 5, 2022 6:14 PM

WaPo: These bitches are NUTS.

Chrissy Maye of Leesburg is in her 40s and recalls first noticing Depp among all the other heartthrobs of the day in Tiger Beat magazine. Someone once told her that Depp lived on a private island (his Bahamas residence has come up throughout the trial), and she thought that seemed anti-social in a good way. “I liked that he was famous, but he wasn’t always flashing it in people’s faces,” she said. “He didn’t need the stardom.”

They also simply don’t (or can’t) believe he did anything wrong. Multiple people interviewed for this story at the courthouse refuse to entertain the idea that Heard’s allegations are true, and they dismiss the details of Depp’s drug and alcohol use, which have been discussed at length by Heard’s attorneys. While they may be surprised during the trial to see his vulgar text messages calling Heard all manner of expletives, or hear audio clips where you can hear him get angry, some identify more with Depp than Heard.

Pamela Jablonski of Chantilly, Va., who got close enough to Depp’s car to slip him a supportive note, said she was a bit taken aback to hear some of the details; such as when the top of his finger was sliced off during an incident in March 2015 — Depp alleged Heard threw a vodka bottle at him, which she says did not happen — and how he then dipped it in paint and started writing on lampshades. “But I get it. I understand that dynamic,” Jablonski said, adding she has been in a “crazy” relationship too. “He doesn’t have a history. So I think he’s innocent.”

For a small minority of Depp’s vocal supporters, Lewis said, this might be a “sort of backlash against woke-ism” and the #MeToo movement. One fan at the courthouse, Natalia Burton of Charlottesville, cited “the impact of false accusations on the #MeToo movement” as one of the main reasons for her support, adding, “I also think it’s important because there are many male victims of domestic violence and abuse.”

On the Internet, one of Depp’s most prominent defenders is “The Walking Dead” star Laurie Holden, who recently tweeted the hashtag to her nearly half a million followers, along with the message “The truth is now being revealed and there will be justice.” It’s led to a petition on Change.org to remove Heard from the upcoming sequel to “Aquaman.” Signed more than 3 million times, it was created by author Jeanne Larson, who writes under the pen name Jeannie Depp and who did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.

Taylor Anne Swartz from Chicago said she met Depp when she was in middle school in 2008, after waiting for him outside an Aurora, Ill., location where he was filming “Public Enemies.” When Depp saw a drawing Swartz made for him, she said, the actor wouldn’t take it because he said he felt like he didn’t deserve it. Swartz said that moment changed her life.

“Meeting him was basically my biggest dream at the time, so I was like, okay, if he made me feel that way and that was my biggest dream, I was like, what else can I do with my life?” she said. “So I think that moment kind of catapulted me believing in myself a bit.”

Swartz closely followed the 2020 libel trial that Depp lost against the Sun, a British tabloid, for calling him a “wife beater,” and much of the same evidence is being used in this case against Heard. She looked at both sides, she said, but like many of his fans, she remains convinced: “I’m still completely on Johnny’s side.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 5, 2022 6:18 PM

He’s dabbing his nose so much today. I’m really embarrassed for him. Must have done a huge line on lunch break. They are both hot messes in different ways. This whole thing is a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 113May 5, 2022 6:24 PM

When is cross examination? This is getting boring. It is just stories. I feel like I am at brunch with my aunts listening to this shit.

by Anonymousreply 114May 5, 2022 6:28 PM

[quote] I am also not sure what the passed out photos or talking about their drinking and drug use is supposed to accomplish. Its destroying both of their credibilities. Actors drinking and doing coke? Wow. Shocking.

He got to do it to her, she gets to do it back to him. If the judge had simply not allowed all this extraneous information to be served up as evidence, this would have been over a long time ago. Instead, Depp's attorneys were allowed to bring all that crap up, so she gets to as well.

[quote]If anything a dude who gets so drunk that he passes out isnt hitting you, is he Amber?

Alcohol does not work that way.

by Anonymousreply 115May 5, 2022 6:32 PM

Cross isn't until after the 10 day break

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote]While they may be surprised during the trial to see his vulgar text messages calling Heard all manner of expletives

They won't be. Back when the divorce was still being finalized, Depp's people planted stories that the texts were all fake. I only just recently learned this when I read this link and posted it in another thread. Several years ago, an assistant of his said the texts were "doctored."

Funny how we're not hearing about that in court these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 5, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote] Someone once told her that Depp lived on a private island (his Bahamas residence has come up throughout the trial), and she thought that seemed anti-social in a good way. “I liked that he was famous, but he wasn’t always flashing it in people’s faces,” she said. “He didn’t need the stardom.”

They're too starry eyed to see this is a PR ploy. Of course, he needed the stardom or he'd never get rich and get to buy an island.

That's a typical ploy today to claim to want privacy like not going on SM but you can be sure they get their images and info out there via fans or their partners, spouses.

by Anonymousreply 118May 5, 2022 6:37 PM

R116 thanks.

by Anonymousreply 119May 5, 2022 6:41 PM

[Quote]Who takes photos of their husband passed out like that?

She was clearly already collecting kompromat for her divorce settlement. I bet she never really was in love with the "fat old" man. The marriage was clearly a career opportunity for her and she knew she would walk away with a multi-million settlement, even more money with some kompromat he didn't want the public to see.

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2022 7:01 PM

As the turd drones on and on lying as she goes.

by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2022 7:01 PM

Watch the CUNT get busted for posing for a crying photo in court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2022 7:25 PM

The testimony about physical abuse seems credible.

I just wonder if Amber is going to get hers at this trial, seeing as it seems she did a fair amount herself.

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2022 7:42 PM

Just now as they went on the afternoon break and Amber was exiting the witness stand it looked like Johnny started to walk up to her in a confrontational way. One court deputy physically blocked him and another one escorted her past him on her way out.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2022 7:54 PM

R122 that did look shady.

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2022 8:40 PM

Is Whitney the sister she assaulted?

by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2022 8:42 PM

I hope he loses just so his crazy fans commit mass suicide.

by Anonymousreply 127May 5, 2022 8:43 PM

Okay. I looked it up. Whitney is the sister she beat up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 5, 2022 8:44 PM

R124 is that true?

by Anonymousreply 129May 5, 2022 8:54 PM

Amber Heard told the court she punched Johnny Depp square in the face out of fear he was about to push her sister Whitney down the stairs.

Heard said she and her then-husband had been fighting on the mezzanine of the staircase in one his many penthouses and her sister got in between them.

“I remembered what happened to Kate Moss,” she said, referencing the claim that Depp once pushed the model down a flight of stairs.

The actress said it was the first time she had ever “landed” a hit on Depp, and after she punched him he just started laughing. Security ultimately intervened.

Depp’s witnesses and the actor himself testified about the same moment a few weeks earlier, claiming Heard instigated the attack and Depp did nothing in return.

by Anonymousreply 130May 5, 2022 8:57 PM

The court was shown photos on blood stains all over the house Amber Heard and Johnny Depp rented in Australia in March 2015 — after a vicious fight where the actor was left with a severed finger.

The images showed blood on a duvet cover, on a sofa, on white sheets and one one of the guitars Depp tried to play.

Other photos also showed a broken lamp and an area where Depp allegedly slammed the end of a bottle into a wall.

by Anonymousreply 131May 5, 2022 8:58 PM

When Johnny Depp passed out with his iPad on his lap, Amber Heard discovered texts on the tablet to another woman he was cheating on her with, she testified.

“He was texting this woman that he had a relationship on and off … The date was right after our wedding. I had seen that he had gone to her house after our wedding.” Heard said.

“I freaked out,” Heard said, after finding the texts. “I immediately confront him about it….I didnt care in this moment if he did kill me.”

It is unclear who is the other woman Depp was apparently seeing.

by Anonymousreply 132May 5, 2022 8:58 PM

Amber Heard was shown photos of the house she and Johnny Depp rented while in Australia — which he allegedly trashed during a drunken rampage where he also assaulted her.

One image showed an area of the bar where Heard said Depp had grabbed her by the throat and started “bashing me against the wall.”

Another photo showed an area with a broken window. Heard also said that Depp smashed her phone to bits, which is how she believes he severed his finger.

After the attack, she said, Depp was holed up in another part of the home blaring Marilyn Manson music.

She was shown an image of a game table, testifying that it collapsed “when Johnny threw me into it and got on top of me. Or fell on top of me. I honestly don’t remember which one.”

Heard was also shown of a photo of paintings that she says Depp destroyed, including one artwork she was working on with his daughter, Lily-Rose Depp.

“He was covered in paint,” she said of Depp.

by Anonymousreply 133May 5, 2022 8:59 PM

“I can’t believe I have to do this,” Amber Heard said on the stand when her lawyer Elaine Bredehoft asked if Johnny Depp penetrated her vagina with a liquor bottle all the way to her pubic bone.

“I’m so sorry,” Bredehoft said.

Heard said Depp shoved the bottle inside her over and over again, and testified she was bleeding from her vagina in the aftermath of the alleged incident in Australia in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 134May 5, 2022 9:01 PM

These photos are not the juggernauts I was expecting.

by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2022 9:10 PM

Did he giggle when she said he raped her with the liquor bottle?

by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2022 9:38 PM

R129 Yes, it’s true. If there is a video of today’s court, fast forward it to today’s afternoon break and you can see it.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote] Heard also said that Depp smashed her phone to bits

This is also considered domestic violence. See how that works?

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2022 10:02 PM

he's a textbook case of an abuser

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote]Just now as they went on the afternoon break and Amber was exiting the witness stand it looked like Johnny started to walk up to her in a confrontational way. One court deputy physically blocked him and another one escorted her past him on her way out.

What a psycho. I hope the jury saw it

by Anonymousreply 140May 5, 2022 10:04 PM

“I lost a piece of myself,” a somber Amber Heard told the jury toward the end of her day-long testimony.

The actress said “a piece of my self-confidence” was taken by Depp’s alleged abuse “for every single time I went back or allowed him back.”

“It was easier to stay,” Heard added. “I didn’t want to stay in the violence, I wanted to stay in the good Johnny that I loved.”

She said Depp claimed he would get sober again after a particularly brutal Dec. 15, 2015 fight.

“I just decided to believe him,” she said. “This time was the last time because it couldn’t be worse than this, right?”

by Anonymousreply 141May 5, 2022 10:07 PM

What a scary LA story. You meet a famous movie star.....

by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2022 10:07 PM

Amber Heard told the jury that Johnny Depp threatened to kill her when she was on his island in the Bahamas spending Christmas 2015 with him and his kids.

“If you ever embarrass me in front of my kids I’ll f—ing kill you,” Heard recalled Depp telling her.

“I knew I needed to get away from him,” she continued, “and at some point I ran.”

by Anonymousreply 143May 5, 2022 10:08 PM

Johnny Depp broke the bed that the couple slept on while “beating me up,” Amber Heard said Thursday.

The incident, she said, took place during a Dec. 15 2015 fight where he allegedly busted her lip, gave her two black eyes and pulled out chunks of her hair.

“That’s the bed that Johnny broke while on top of me,” Heard said after she was shown a photo of the bed in court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 5, 2022 10:08 PM

blood stained furniture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 5, 2022 10:09 PM

any mention of STDs? did he give her any when he cheated on her with other women?

by Anonymousreply 146May 5, 2022 10:10 PM

While this asshole doodles, he giggles in all of the inappropriate places. Wave that career goodbye. See you (at best) in low paying crap. Good luck with your kids that hate you.

by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2022 10:11 PM

R129 Here you can see him walking up to her as she steps out of the witness stand. Both deputies have their hands up warning him to stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 5, 2022 10:16 PM

R147, He knew all of this would come out and was more than happy to take her to court. It's because he's obsessed with her and this is the only way on earth he can be in the same room as her.

I can not believe he tried to approach her in the court room.

by Anonymousreply 149May 5, 2022 10:17 PM

he's trying to intimidate her! that's fucked up!!!

by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2022 10:17 PM

why didn't his lawyer hold him back?

he's gotta be on drugs to be doing this.

by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2022 10:18 PM

When he met Winona and Kate, they were young girls. When they broke up, Winona and Kate were rock bottom hitting drug addicts

by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2022 10:19 PM

R129 He takes a couple more steps towards her and stands there like “okay bitch what ya gonna do about it?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2022 10:20 PM

I find it hard to believe that a man violent enough to trash a house won't also hit a woman. Vanessa Paradis who spoke in support of him was called the French cunt by him. Depp is all kinds of fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2022 10:30 PM

r148 / r153 thanks for the screenshots.

He is a TEXTBOOK abuser and if there is any justice in this world he'll lose this case.

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2022 10:30 PM

If you cant see she is lying her ass off , i have some swamp i mean prime land i want to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2022 11:03 PM

They’re both overindulged pieces of shit. Uneducated dilettantes. Abusive drama queens. Alcoholic messes.

by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2022 11:35 PM

He is such a punk ass little bitch. A tiny little shrimp who cos plays other men in real life and who is so SO amused by his multiple drug addictions.

He’s surely a male bpd. I’m Hunter! I’m Keith!

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2022 11:36 PM

He’s disgusting. I wanted to throw up during her speaking of the bottle rape. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2022 11:39 PM

She's got all the stories, and keeps embellishing.

If her acting. was half as good on film, she would have a better career.

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2022 11:52 PM

He definitely did those things. I have no trouble believing her.

He's a crazy cunt. Those writings in blood!!! yeah, she made that up, she's lying about that. He fucking did that himself!

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2022 11:56 PM

Depp should just do everyone a favour and OD this weekend. What a useless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 162May 6, 2022 12:04 AM

I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 163May 6, 2022 12:09 AM

Me too R163

by Anonymousreply 164May 6, 2022 12:10 AM

From today, day 3 of Heard's testimony.

She likens her decision to stay after such horrendous abuse to "putting coins in a piggy bank" (the piggy bank being her hopes for a good future).

What an interesting analogy.

by Anonymousreply 165May 6, 2022 12:21 AM

That is not coffee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 6, 2022 12:25 AM

One can appreciate how well this court is managed by the judge and how respectfully officers of the court are behaving.

Had this trial convened in LA all kinds of crazy would dominate inside the courtroom with whoring Hollywood attorneys and outside with psycho fans and attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 167May 6, 2022 12:50 AM

The texts weren't doctored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 6, 2022 1:09 AM

Why are they taking next week off?

by Anonymousreply 169May 6, 2022 2:35 AM

Potato harvest.

by Anonymousreply 170May 6, 2022 2:38 AM

The judge has a conference.

by Anonymousreply 171May 6, 2022 2:50 AM

The judge may be physically controlling the courtroom as almost all judges do. But her control of the evidence, well, I'm not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 172May 6, 2022 2:56 AM

Thanks, R171.

by Anonymousreply 173May 6, 2022 2:57 AM

R152 Um what? Kate Moss was already a hard drinking druggie when she met Depp in the mid 90s. That's why they bonded. Winona probably wasn't as much an addict as the legendary party girl Moss, but she wasn't some kind of nun.

by Anonymousreply 174May 6, 2022 3:01 AM

Drinking and drugging in your twenties is one thing. That Depp’s still at it in his 50s is absolutely pathetic. They’re both horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 175May 6, 2022 3:05 AM

R163/R164=stupid frau cunts

by Anonymousreply 176May 6, 2022 3:06 AM

Stupid whore snorted coke on the stand.

by Anonymousreply 177May 6, 2022 3:09 AM

and let's just all take some time to remember that he brought this trial and demanded that it be televised

His kids need to take out a conservatorship on him. His brains are pickled.

by Anonymousreply 178May 6, 2022 3:26 AM

Dang, R153

That's textbook Ike Turner.

"You'll never get rid of me, Tina! [Pointing to her head] I'm in here. I'M IN HERE!"

by Anonymousreply 179May 6, 2022 4:16 AM

Last week the LAPD officers testified Amber had no scratches or marks on her that day they saw her after her and JD had a fight, but yet she didnt call police or go to a hospital after he violently assaulted her with a bottle and she was bleeding? Sorry but that tells me she maybe got the assault story from that assistant as originally claimed. I dont get why you would call police when he throws a phone at your head but not when he: throws you against a wall, rips your clothes off, chokes you, sexually assaults you?

by Anonymousreply 180May 6, 2022 4:20 AM

Kate Moss doesn't really talk about Depp. She didn't jump to his defense like Vanessa Paradis & Winona Ryder. I wonder what their relationship was like.

by Anonymousreply 181May 6, 2022 4:27 AM

Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 6, 2022 4:28 AM

R181 In 2012 Moss said he was the only person who took care of her and that she cried over him for years after their relationship was over.

[quote]There's nobody that's ever really been able to take care of me. Johnny Depp did for a bit. I believed what he said. Like if I said, 'What do I do?,' he'd tell me. And that's what I missed when I left. I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust. Nightmare. Years and years of crying. Oh, the tears!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 6, 2022 6:27 AM

DL is the only place online where I have seen this many people who don’t support JD. Most other forums and social media I have visited are backing him almost completely.

by Anonymousreply 184May 6, 2022 6:38 AM

What forums? Where on SM?

Johnny has a huge PR team. They are on overdrive with this trial. And he has a huge fan base. It's like Britney. They're even starting hashtags trashing her on SM. Practically a new one every day.

We're smarter here. He's not really that hard to see through. The Brits saw through him.

by Anonymousreply 185May 6, 2022 6:46 AM

1 British judge, not a jury. And I always thought that case result was more about protecting the freedom of British press tbh.

by Anonymousreply 186May 6, 2022 7:03 AM

I believe her. Its clear He suffers from severe alcohol, coke, addy, roxi addiction. Mix any of those and you’ll get a beast. The alcohol led to blackouts and hed rage. No one realizes what they do in blackouts. Ill believe that. But he did do it, conscious or not.

by Anonymousreply 187May 6, 2022 7:39 AM

Apropo of nothing... With certain expressions Amber makes, especially before she took the stand, she sometimes looks like Elsa Lanchester (in the era when she played the character that Lucy and Ethel thought was the hatchet murderer on an episode of I Love Lucy). It probably sounds strange since Amber is very pretty and Elsa was not, but I kept noticing a subtle resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 188May 6, 2022 10:09 AM

I'm stealing this comment from a story on the Washington Post, because it sums up how I've been feeling about this trial. (I was a kid during the OJ trial, but have read a lot about it as an adult):

It occurred to me that the Amber Heard/ Johnny Depp trial is a lot like the O. J. Simpson trial where his supporters called Nicole Brown a home wrecker and said she was using OJ for fame and fortune (Simpson left his first wife for her).

Nicole reported to police OJ had beaten and threatened to kill her. (911 audio recording played at trial of him breaking down her door). One juror later said she didn’t get what all the trial testimony about OJ committing domestic violence had to do with Nicole’s murder. Not relevant. OJ supporters sold “free o. j. simpson”. T‑shirts. Now it’s “Justice for Johnny.”

Simpson's main preoccupation was to claim that any stories about marital difficulties between Nicole and him were exaggerated or made up by the press. He even claimed the press "totally made up" the information implicating him in the murder of his wife. Depp claims Heard made up abuse claims and he never struck a woman. (just likes calling them whores, c*#nts, easy, etc.)

Sad in 2022 so much of society still willing to support a famous male celebrity no matter what he does to a female by dismissing the woman victim as a liar.

by Anonymousreply 189May 6, 2022 10:12 AM

R189 posted the same comment to two threads.

by Anonymousreply 190May 6, 2022 10:27 AM

We've got a regular Sherlock Holmes here!

by Anonymousreply 191May 6, 2022 10:30 AM

There's no photo at r166's link anymore. Did someone make them take it down?

by Anonymousreply 192May 6, 2022 10:40 AM

Depp walking up to her like that and having to be stopped by the deputies just lost him the case.

I wondered why these threads weren't full of Depp defenders this morning like they usually are.

by Anonymousreply 193May 6, 2022 10:43 AM

R193 the jury would have been gone by that point, I think

by Anonymousreply 194May 6, 2022 11:39 AM

Ah, that explains why he did it. In the video, it looked to me like he made a little face and shrug at the jury after the deputies had him back away.

Would the jury have been escorted out while Amber sat on the stand and waited for them to leave? Honest question. I'd assumed the witnesses were dismissed before the jury went on break or lunch or whatever, but I don't really know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 195May 6, 2022 11:48 AM

I'm sure there are people who disbelieve Amber because they hate women.

I'm equally sure there are people - like me - who don't hate women and disbelieve Amber because she is not credible.

I have unfortunately been close to a woman who was the victim of domestic violence, and I've known others (less well) and done additional reading on the topic besides. NOTHING about Amber and her recitations of incidents she claims happened feel authentic to me.

She recorded numerous incidents of Johnny being a drunken/high, aggressive asshole. Yet not one of those shows him actually getting physical with her or anyone else.

She took many photos, but none of her supposed bruises and cuts, until the alleged phone incident.

She reported a thrown phone to the police, but didn't report numerous far more serious assaults.

She was recorded by Johnny admitting that she was hitting him "but not punching" him.

She was recorded taunting Johnny, saying "go ahead and tell people I've been abusing you and see who believes you. See who's on your side."

She gave her supposed abuser the gift of a knife.

None of the above parallels any abuse victim I've ever known or read about.

To be clear, I think Johnny is a scumbag and an addict who has no intention of sobering up. He almost certainly is personality disordered, and I can't see a relationship with him as he is now ever going well.

I just don't think he physically abused Amber. Period.

by Anonymousreply 196May 6, 2022 12:01 PM

I agree with your entire post, R196. Very well said.

[quote]She gave her supposed abuser the gift of a knife.

This is such a great point.

by Anonymousreply 197May 6, 2022 12:16 PM

If I was upset, crying and retelling a horrible story like hers my eyes would be red and swollen as would my face. I’m amazed that hers was not.

by Anonymousreply 198May 6, 2022 12:17 PM

He’s laughing at the WHORE because he knows he’s going to win this lawsuit R182.

by Anonymousreply 199May 6, 2022 12:21 PM

R184 it’s all the unwelcome straight frau bitch cunts that hate him here. The normal, same posters are supporting Johnny 100%

by Anonymousreply 200May 6, 2022 12:22 PM

[quote]He suffers from severe alcohol, coke, addy, roxi addiction.

What, no heroin or flakka, dipshit R187? Project much?

by Anonymousreply 201May 6, 2022 12:24 PM

In spite of his substance abuse and cruel verbal treatment of his partners I have to question this broad’s allegations. They are so grandiose and off the rails. If he brutalized her and raped her repeatedly, then why did she never address that crazy shit in the HOURS of boring audio recordings between them? He may be a lot of things, but I do not believe he is the kind of sexual abuser and monster this cunt is making him out to be.

by Anonymousreply 202May 6, 2022 12:27 PM

Good point, R202. If she’s as conniving as she’s showing herself to be she certainly would have memorialized any of this brutality she claims he did to her to keep for future blackmail.

by Anonymousreply 203May 6, 2022 12:31 PM

Ok I just watched the video you all mentioned at R182. Am I missing something?

It didnt look like he was threatening or trying to be menacing to her at all. He was looking at and walking towards another guy on the left, gave him a smile and head nod, then they told him to wait because she had to walk by first. He even turned away with his back to her as she passed.

by Anonymousreply 204May 6, 2022 12:32 PM

I wonder if they’re going to bring perjury charges against her when she loses the suit.

by Anonymousreply 205May 6, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote]None of the above parallels any abuse victim I've ever known or read about.

You've known one. You said so yourself.

As for what you've read about, psychologists have already testified with explanations for a lot of Amber's behavior.

A court of law has already ruled that Depp did abuse her on 12 occasions.

by Anonymousreply 206May 6, 2022 12:33 PM

The video at R182 is cropped short. He was walking toward the door and trying to exit the courtroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 6, 2022 12:36 PM

They should take all the audio of her testimony and play it against a lie detector machine to see how many lies she's telling

by Anonymousreply 208May 6, 2022 12:49 PM

R208 lie detectors don’t work that way. A lot of it relies on the body. Breathing and spikes in blood pressure are a big part.

by Anonymousreply 209May 6, 2022 12:57 PM

[quote]The video at [R182] is cropped short. He was walking toward the door and trying to exit the courtroom.

Sorry, R193 has informed us that this just lost Depp the case. It's over folks...

by Anonymousreply 210May 6, 2022 12:57 PM

The video at R207 was a big nothing! What a bunch of Marys!! I am starting to think the Amber supporters are all triggered fraus. The “stunning and brave” type who always accuse people of being pedos.

by Anonymousreply 211May 6, 2022 1:10 PM

The text messages from Johnny Depp's assistant Stephen apologizing for Johnny kicking her makes me think it's somewhat true.

I think she stuck around to ride the Hollywood gravy train for her acting career, a thing Musk wouldn't be as able to help her with.

by Anonymousreply 212May 6, 2022 1:22 PM

R196, People are unpredictable. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and their actions will vary from day to day. There are any number of reasons why she didn't call the cops every single time he was violent. Maybe she was too drunk or high. Maybe she was too afraid or even, at that particular moment, too loyal to call the cops on him. Just because she didn't act the way you expect a DV to behave, doesn't mean she's lying.

I have never been a fan of phony Depp and Heard is an ambitious gold digger with no redeeming qualities, but he is coming across as a real asshole in the courtroom. Smirking when your accuser is describing rape and assault is just what an abuser would do to his victim. Fucking toxic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 213May 6, 2022 1:24 PM

Thanks r213. I was going to reply to r196 too.

I've known several victims of domestic violence and there is no one predictable way they act. Some were rather assertive women and no one could have guessed what they were tolerating behind closed doors. There is a "typical victim" who acts in a prescribed way and to believe as much is a pernicious myth that allows abusers to get away with it, again and again and again.

Don't forget the police footage from the Gabby Petito/Brian Laundrie traffic stop. Even the cops thought she was the aggressor. And look how that ended up.

by Anonymousreply 214May 6, 2022 1:30 PM

[quote]People are unpredictable. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and their actions will vary from day to day. There are any number of reasons why she didn't call the cops every single time he was violent. Maybe she was too drunk or high. Maybe she was too afraid or even, at that particular moment, too loyal to call the cops on him. Just because she didn't act the way you expect a DV to behave, doesn't mean she's lying.

Still doesn’t explain why she doesn’t talk about the alleged rapes in the recordings. She is likely a huge liar and just as bad, if not worse, than Depp. As far as his smirks go, how are you supposed to react to being accused of sexual assault in front of the world? I think it is an odd reaction, but I don’t know how one should look or behave under those circumstances. Face it, she is not better or more right than he is. She is also hot garbage.

by Anonymousreply 215May 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Meant to say "There is NO typical victim" at r214

by Anonymousreply 216May 6, 2022 1:31 PM

“ It probably sounds strange since Amber is very pretty and Elsa was not, but I kept noticing a subtle resemblance.”

There is a resemblance, it’s the buggy eyes,

by Anonymousreply 217May 6, 2022 1:34 PM

"As far as his smirks go, how are you supposed to react to being accused of sexual assault in front of the world? "

I would think that, if you are being accused of rape and assault with the world looking on, the last thing you would do is smirk. His attorneys should have advised him to stay stony-faced or even shake his head in disagreement (a natural reaction to a lie). Maybe they did but he didn't listen.

For the record, I think they are both obnoxious assholes and despise them both.

by Anonymousreply 218May 6, 2022 1:50 PM

The nose-dabbing is distracting and he probably is indulging in contraband. However, the spring months in the DMV are horrible for allergies. Many people from out of town have bad reactions as they are not used to the pollen.

by Anonymousreply 219May 6, 2022 1:50 PM

I dont think you can compare OJ to this case. OJ abused Nicole for 15+ years, many photos of bruises, marks, and things left in her safe deposit box. Johnny was also older when this also happened (unusual for men to start being abusive in their 50s), with no history of spousal abuse. At work everyone said he was pleasant to work with. In the Biggie Smalls movie (he was accused of punching a guy), other crew came out and said he never punched anyone. A witness who was sitting next to him said he was trying to defend a homeless person in the shot who was being yelled at.

Amber has photos and videos of him drunk but no photos of her injuries. Police at the door said she was not harmed. No actual crying/tears on the stand.

Depp is a trashy drunk and druggie. But I guess thats the point of the trial. Paint him as an out of control drunk so people will think being a violent wife beater is just the next step.

by Anonymousreply 220May 6, 2022 1:53 PM

[quote]I would think that, if you are being accused of rape and assault with the world looking on, the last thing you would do is smirk. His attorneys should have advised him to stay stony-faced or even shake his head in disagreement (a natural reaction to a lie). Maybe they did but he didn't listen.

You are clearly a frau Amber Stan, as you don’t even know how to quote properly. Let me get this straight, there is a right way for the accused to behave, but not a right way for the alleged victims to behave? Okay. Not biased at all.

by Anonymousreply 221May 6, 2022 2:00 PM

R221, I know how to quote just fine, you are the one with the problem. You are obviously a rabid JD fan because you refuse to see how inappropriate his behavior is. I have no horse in this race, I am quite happy to hate them both equally. You're the one with your knickers in a twist because your Johnnie is being criticized. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 222May 6, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote]I know how to quote just fine, you are the one with the problem. You are obviously a rabid JD fan because you refuse to see how inappropriate his behavior is. I have no horse in this race, I am quite happy to hate them both equally. You're the one with your knickers in a twist because your Johnnie is being criticized. Too bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 6, 2022 2:27 PM

R223

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 6, 2022 2:38 PM

R224 you only have four posts and they are all about this topic. You are not a DLer. You are a “stunning and brave” frau here to discuss ONLY this case and defend your frau icon.

by Anonymousreply 225May 6, 2022 3:12 PM

r225 doesn't understand how "ignore-dar" works

And I'm not r224

by Anonymousreply 226May 6, 2022 3:31 PM

R226 you are a psycho with dozens of accounts. You created them just to high five yourself and have conversations with your multiple personalities. I can see your posts.

by Anonymousreply 227May 6, 2022 3:40 PM

I will now sign in red, which I rarely do, troll r227

by Anonymousreply 228May 6, 2022 3:41 PM

[Quote] “I remembered what happened to Kate Moss,” she said, referencing the claim that Depp once pushed the model down a flight of stairs.

Another contradictory statement by Amber, as she previously claimed she didnt know anything about Johnny before meeting him, hence why she didnt know about the famous Wino tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 229May 6, 2022 3:44 PM

R200 clearly doesn't realize that the fraus are obsessed with Johnny

Sane posters think they both suck

by Anonymousreply 230May 6, 2022 4:21 PM

It does seem like, in all of her recorded audio, she would have brought up past incidents of abuse and gotten him to admit to it.

by Anonymousreply 231May 6, 2022 4:47 PM

R231, is why I know she's a liar.

by Anonymousreply 232May 6, 2022 5:20 PM

[quote] does seem like, in all of her recorded audio, she would have brought up past incidents of abuse and gotten him to admit to it.

That makes the exact opposite argument you are trying to make. That's what you do when you're deliberately trying to trap someone into an admission or confession.

by Anonymousreply 233May 6, 2022 5:23 PM

[quote] Another contradictory statement by Amber, as she previously claimed she didnt know anything about Johnny before meeting him, hence why she didnt know about the famous Wino tattoo.

You are trying to see everything in the light most favorable to Depp. Just because I know Brad Pitt was engaged to Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't mean I really knew about him. Some things are hard NOT to know. Especially considering Depp's penchant for getting into headline. And you have to define what is meant by not knowing someone. She may have known nothing about who he was as a person.

I swear you Depp fans are gonna walk smack into a tree with those blinders on.

by Anonymousreply 234May 6, 2022 5:28 PM

Her not knowing general knowledge about Johnny is about as believable as Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 235May 6, 2022 5:50 PM

I didn't know that about Kate Moss but I've always known about the Wino tattoo thing.

by Anonymousreply 236May 6, 2022 6:05 PM

I am surprised that so many people accept that Depp is an alcoholic and drug addict who smashes up rooms and writes threatening notes on mirrors in blood but they refuse to believe he could ever be violent.

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2022 6:47 PM

The cognitive dissonance is STRONG with these types, which is what leads me to believe they themselves had an abusive parent r237

by Anonymousreply 238May 6, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote] I am surprised that so many people accept that Depp is an alcoholic and drug addict who smashes up rooms and writes threatening notes on mirrors in blood but they refuse to believe he could ever be violent.

I do think all the stuff you're describing points to an abusive person. I think what people are also observing, though, is that AH doesn't seem completely reliable and truthful.

by Anonymousreply 239May 6, 2022 7:17 PM

There are many supporters of JD. other celebs because they only had good interactions with him. I don't doubt that he is a very nice guy when sober but I have know many addicts who are "angels" when sober but turn into the devil when high/drunk.

What is your take DL? which is the real person?? The asshole when drunk or the "nice" guy when sober?

by Anonymousreply 240May 6, 2022 7:39 PM

The burden is on Depp. Even if you think she may be exaggerating or shading things, it doesn't mean there is not enough truth there to find he has been abusive and that she is a victim of domestic abuse by him.

by Anonymousreply 241May 6, 2022 8:25 PM

It seems like she was abusive and is a liar and she very obviously ruined his career by publically claiming she was a victim of his abuse repeatedly. Not sure the burden is on Depp to prove he is actually sane and always polite.

by Anonymousreply 242May 6, 2022 8:59 PM

LOL! The burden is on Depp to prove his case.

by Anonymousreply 243May 6, 2022 9:04 PM

R65, your entire post is pasted from something somebody else wrote. You're a bot and a stan and a perfect example of the nut cases who troll sites with propaganda. I'm calling you out because your reply sticks out like a bowel movement on a white goose down comforter.

by Anonymousreply 244May 6, 2022 9:04 PM

r242 it doesn't matter here whether she's abusive and a liar, at issue is whether HE abused her even marginally, thereby justifying her Wash Post Op-Ed. That's what this entire current trial is about.

As noted elsewhere, he can go ahead and write his own op-ed about being a domestic violence victim, if he wishes. He hasn't. He's claiming Heard has no basis to write/opine such a piece, but after this week I'm not sure he's going to be able to hold that claim.

by Anonymousreply 245May 6, 2022 9:23 PM

Here's video of the moment when Amber Heard mentioned Kate Moss. Depp's attorney looks delighted and literally pumps his fist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 6, 2022 10:04 PM

This clip really makes it look like that Amber has been taking cocaine in court as well as Depp. Sniffing and then looking around to see if anyone noticed..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 6, 2022 10:07 PM

Pic is of the liquor bottle that Amber says Depp raped her with (the square one).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 6, 2022 10:13 PM

The youtube responses to this baffle. To me he appears like he's very aware of her and is trying to intimidate her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249May 6, 2022 10:20 PM

r249 I stopped reading YouTube comments on this case weeks ago. There could be footage of Depp punching her in the face five times, and those commenters would argue that it was her face that was moving, not his fist, a la Zeno's arrow paradox.

by Anonymousreply 250May 6, 2022 10:30 PM

I have watched and read about this case and I am certainly not an expert but a few thoughts come to mind. I did live this. My ex-husband was BPD and an alcoholic. He was also 6'6 to my 5'7 125 pounds. I had to leave everything I owned except the clothes on my back and my newborn daughter who was on an apnea monitor because she was born premature. It gets to the point with them that they can very cleverly made you appear to be the abusive, unstable one. Why? They fucking make you unstable. You never know which one of them will walk through the door. The nice, good, charming man you married or the diabolical monster you woke up to. You develop PTSD. They hurt, push, humiliate, ruin every single holiday, weekend, until you just fucking lose it, you explode. You HATE them. They will not allow you to leave. They follow you room to room verbally abusing you for hours and hours at a time. So when we were with friends ( mine, he had none) and family, I appeared to be hateful to him, depressed, anxious, angry. He was the handsome picture of perfect wit and charm. At first my own family even felt sorry for him for having to deal with MY issues. That is just how good at gaslighting they are and playing the victim. JD is a drunken douche bag, probably a really sarcastic asshole. A disgusting self indulgent man child. But she is an abusive cunt and so much of what she says is something a true abuse victim would never say or do. Buy him a knife? Are you fucking serious? Arm him? Video him, provoke him? Oh, hell no. All you want is peace and a moment away from him. Not telling the police once they have already been called? Hell no. You use that time to gtfo and hire security. If I had, even now which is years later, to repeat the humiliation and abuse in a court of law I would be a shaking, sobbing mess. She saw an aging alcoholic and an opportunity to get rich and famous. People like AH are viciously jealous of anyone else having success. Remember poor Phil Hartman? His wife shot him dead because he was a much in demand talent and she wasn't? Yeah. Those types. She is dangerous, cruel, and vengeful. That is my opinion, which isn't worth anything. Just throwing this out there. Btw- My ex bought 3 barrels of diesel fuel and jerry rigged the fuses. He set his house and himself on fire because he had refused to work and was borrowing against his home, which he had built himself. The bank was about to take the house for lack of payment on his loans. There was nothing left of this 6'6 man except 3 pounds of flesh. These people are fucking crazy and scary.

by Anonymousreply 251May 6, 2022 10:50 PM

^ Take your fat, frau ass to ivillage. You are not wanted here, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 252May 6, 2022 10:56 PM

R252- Make me, incel. You mushroomed dick loser.

by Anonymousreply 253May 6, 2022 10:58 PM

What's the Kate Moss connection? This thread is all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 254May 6, 2022 11:05 PM

I assume r251 is copy/pasted from somewhere else ...

by Anonymousreply 255May 6, 2022 11:06 PM

Every dick's a mushroom dick to R251 because her gaping cunt is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Time to shut your slimy gash R251. By the way your husband drank because he was married to you. And nobody gives a fuck about your loser life.

by Anonymousreply 256May 6, 2022 11:07 PM

R255- No, no one would want the experience of living with a cunt like AH .

by Anonymousreply 257May 6, 2022 11:08 PM

There were rumors that he threw Kate Moss down a flight of stairs when they were dating. There were also rumors he was violent with Wynona Ryder but both women have denied it.

by Anonymousreply 258May 6, 2022 11:08 PM

So R258 why the joyful reaction when cunt Amber brought Moss up? Because it proves Amber's a liar?

by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2022 11:10 PM

R257- Must be AH, unhinged cunt.

by Anonymousreply 260May 6, 2022 11:10 PM

I found this in the Twitter feed at R246, R258.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261May 6, 2022 11:14 PM

Stupid bitch R260 called herself out at R257.

You should stop, stupid fucking cow.

by Anonymousreply 262May 6, 2022 11:20 PM

I remember reading about a rumor that JD accidentally shot either Kate Moss or WR. I think it was WR and that was supposedly when she became addicted to pain medication. It happened at a hotel they were staying at.

by Anonymousreply 263May 6, 2022 11:22 PM

I put the foaming at the mouth cunt on ignore. Fuck you, you ignorant AH ass licker.

by Anonymousreply 264May 6, 2022 11:25 PM

Why so hateful, frau cunt R264? Because nobody will fuck you? You should be used to that by now.

by Anonymousreply 265May 6, 2022 11:30 PM

[Wuote]So why the joyful reaction when cunt Amber brought Moss up?

1. Mentioning Moss means JD can call Moss as a witness to refute AH's claim.

2. Bringing up past bad acts/relations has opened the door to JD's team to do the same to AH.

This was a huge mistake, but I've testified in 2 civil cases .snd it's easy to put your foot in it after hours, days in her case, on the stand. This trial is going to get even raunchier.

by Anonymousreply 266May 7, 2022 12:04 AM

They must be confident that Kate Moss will back Depp up?

by Anonymousreply 267May 7, 2022 12:09 AM

Amber says she's never played a guitar.

Oops . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 7, 2022 12:11 AM

R256 DIE DIE DIE

by Anonymousreply 269May 7, 2022 12:11 AM

It's reported that Depp and Moss have maintained a friendship and that she supports him. But would she be willing to get involved in this mess?

by Anonymousreply 270May 7, 2022 1:00 AM

That attorney was awfully excited.

by Anonymousreply 271May 7, 2022 1:02 AM

All attorneys are loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 272May 7, 2022 1:11 AM

the attys are the winners.

How much do they charge per hour? at least 800 buck?

by Anonymousreply 273May 7, 2022 1:13 AM

At least $900 I think.

by Anonymousreply 274May 7, 2022 1:16 AM

Until you need one R272.

by Anonymousreply 275May 7, 2022 1:23 AM

I think she was saying something about the abuse in saying something about being in a fight club or covering herself in makeup.

by Anonymousreply 276May 7, 2022 4:24 AM

He did this shit.

Sad people won't believe her because he's powerful. Isn't that what she wrote about in the op ed? People protecting powerful people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277May 7, 2022 4:33 AM

[Quote]Until you need one

In fact, I have needed attorneys and this is precisely why I know they're all loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 278May 7, 2022 4:34 AM

I hope that AH 2016 deposition comes into trial…she 1. Says no when asked if she ever hit Depp…but yesterday says she landed a closed frost blow on him. 2. she shows no sign of crying fake or otherwise in the deposition but gave a crying account when recounting this same incident when she feared Depp would push her sis down stairs….big problem if admitted even without the words. the jury will be instructed that if u disbelieve AH at all..ALL her testimony can be disqualified…

by Anonymousreply 279May 7, 2022 4:45 AM

^ fist not frost

by Anonymousreply 280May 7, 2022 4:46 AM

I predict Depp wins

by Anonymousreply 281May 7, 2022 4:47 AM

R252, keep your shriveled dick opinion to yourself. Too many gay men assume that "gay" only means "men". There are many women on here and most of them are not straight. Die in a fucking lightning strike next to a coal mine, you horrible diseased, rotting, shit-stained ballsack of a man.

by Anonymousreply 282May 7, 2022 4:50 AM

R193 R204 Amber's stans are editing the video and sharing it without context on social media to make it look like Depp was just standing there and threatening her out of thin air. But when you watch the full video you see that he was actually walking towards the exit during the break and wasn't even looking at her. Then when she saw him she decided to make a dramatic scene for the cameras and stepped back acting "scared"... as if he would beat her up in front of countless of witnesses and cameras. When the deputies asked Depp to stop, he turned his back on her and didn't even look at her while she was passing by him. After she left, the same male deputy escorted Depp out to the same exit he was trying to leave the court until Amber made that scene. It was a gross mistake made by the deputies who should have prevented them from facing each other at that moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 7, 2022 5:25 AM

Her pussy stank.

by Anonymousreply 284May 7, 2022 5:59 AM

R263 I remember that blind item. It was about Johnny shooting Winona in the arm.

by Anonymousreply 285May 7, 2022 6:33 AM

He has a long, long, history of violence against women and hotel rooms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 7, 2022 6:35 AM

He’s a textbook narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 287May 7, 2022 8:16 AM

Depp's attorneys led him toward Heard as she was leaving the stand to intimidate her. Attorneys are scum.

by Anonymousreply 288May 7, 2022 8:30 AM

R283 I noticed Depp shrugged about the encounter in that video.

by Anonymousreply 289May 7, 2022 1:44 PM

R263 R285 Do you have any idea of the kind of damage that getting shot in the arm does to the skin, and that if something like that had ever happened to any of these women (a model and an actress who were both at their peak in the 90s and who used their bodies and flashed their skins in their respective works) they would have a very visible scar, which none of them had back then? You must be mistaking Depp for Charlie Sheen and the story about him shooting Kelly Preston's wrist, which Kelly later denied (when she was already married to John Travolta) and defended him. Kelly did get shot (accidentally as they both claimed) and was rushed to the hospital. And it was highly publicized, it wasn't just a "someone told me so" rumor.

[quote]He has a long, long, history of violence against women

Only in your head, R286! All of his exes have stated that he was never violent towards them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 7, 2022 4:59 PM

Asshole at R225, I've been on DL since 2016 and have posted many times since then so go fuck yourself, you pathetic moron.

by Anonymousreply 291May 7, 2022 6:58 PM

A little communication goes a long way.

Instead of FUCK YOU, GET OUTTA HERE! They could have said, when you ____, I feel ____.

Real lesson in listening to others and thinking before you speak. Not getting into a relationship with a person who was a child a decade ago while you were 35.

by Anonymousreply 292May 7, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote] 1. Mentioning Moss means JD can call Moss as a witness to refute AH's claim. 2. Bringing up past bad acts/relations has opened the door to JD's team to do the same to AH.

Not necessarily. The rules of evidence are not that simple. No matter how gleeful an act Depp's team is putting on. Just mentioning someone is rarely enough.

They still have to argue her testimony opens the door. And if so then it has to be determined by the judge how much the door is opened. And what exactly can come in and for what purposes (eg, the truth of the matter or just to impeach). In other words, if the judge does let some in then she can limit it.

Please remember that Law&Crime do not have lawyers running their twitter accounts or their channels. They are often wrong about the law and even when they have real lawyers commenting they often don't understand what they are saying and thus repeat it or apply it incorrectly. Dan Abrams is a cheap ass not to do his C&L network like he should,

by Anonymousreply 293May 7, 2022 9:39 PM

The only thing in Amber Hearts favor is that when you look at Johnny Depp and know who he is it is easy to imagine he might beat a young wife of his up drunkenly. Whenever she says something she makes this assumption weaker. Why does she lie and overact? More importantly she seems like such a psycho abuser herself, she makes him look so harmless and obviously like a victim. And then there are already witnesses of her abusing him and not the other way round.

He will win this and he probably should.

by Anonymousreply 294May 7, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]Not necessarily. The rules of evidence are not that simple. No matter how gleeful an act Depp's team is putting on. Just mentioning someone is rarely enough.

Not saying that they will call Kate Moss as a witness, but his attorneys are, you know, attorneys. You don't think they understand the law?

by Anonymousreply 295May 8, 2022 1:10 AM

Amber sounds intelligent and credible on the stand. But it's hard to reconcile her words and demeanor with the tapes. On the stand, she portrays herself as an innocent little bird who's always trying to do the right thing in every situation and that Johnny just inexplicably turns on her violently, over and over. And all the while, she just loves him so very much, no matter how many names he calls her, how many times he accuses her of dressing like a whore or of flirting with other women...she just loves this man for who he is, hopelessly. Why marry him if life was that bad? She wasn't a helpless mother with nowhere to go. She was a successful actress with all the options in the world. It just seems that there's more to this, and a lot of it's on those tapes.

I realize that abusive people *do* suddenly turn on a victim, and it can be bewildering and feel horrible. And I understand that Johnny Depp is extremely damaged by his upbringing and by his excessive drug and alcohol abuse. But I think there's something about her and their life together that has made him file these lawsuits, and it still seems possible that she's lying a lot about significant things she's accused him of. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 296May 8, 2022 1:28 AM

you've obviously have not been involved with an addict. To me, Amber has seen the good side of JD. She's hoping that he would turn back into that person. She tries and tries to make that person appear, the gentle one she knows is inside the devil he turns into.

by Anonymousreply 297May 8, 2022 2:05 AM

R297, IMO, she didn't know him long enough to have gotten to the point where she remembers the good things about him and wants that life back. According to her, he was abusive very early on. She seems intelligent enough to know that the "good side" could simply be the act of being courted by a very famous person of means. I doubt if their (possibly pretentious) love of the same books and music was enough to bond them that soon and so deeply that she put up with rampant serious verbal and physical abuse. (And I'm going to need more evidence of both of them spontaneously quoting the same poetry to one another before I believe that ever happened.)

by Anonymousreply 298May 8, 2022 2:17 AM

This leaked audio proves Amber lied about finger incident and assault. Yes, Johnny is a hopeless drunk but she's a psychopath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 8, 2022 7:13 AM

Very interesting, R299. There's no indication at all that Amber had been physically and sexually assaulted. Amber and the other people there (who didn't know they were being recorded) are all talking about Johnny's injury and the difficulty of dealing with Amber, then and in general, and with her physical outbursts (they needed a "strong" guy to fly back with her, etc.).

Johnny seems like he's regularly on the verge of OD'ing, and he seems absolutely miserable in that relationship. What was he getting out of it? Maybe he found someone like his mom and he's reacting accordingly. Amber seems incredibly controlling with a lot of rage. What a mess. And all the handlers for these people. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 300May 8, 2022 9:54 AM

R290 no, i'm not mistaking Johnny for Charlie. And if you read the post properly the words BLIND ITEM was mentioned. No one said it was true.

by Anonymousreply 301May 8, 2022 12:06 PM

R301 Blind item aka bullshit. Especially if it comes from that right-wing nutjob CDAN.

by Anonymousreply 302May 8, 2022 1:52 PM

R299's tape is not new. Nor was it leaked.

by Anonymousreply 303May 8, 2022 2:31 PM

R299 Johnny yelling in that video sounds abusive.

by Anonymousreply 304May 8, 2022 2:37 PM

Here's another of Depp supporters. Does she hate Amber because Amber may be a lesbian?

A self-proclaimed "transwoman" therapist, whatever that means.

This person also seems to be a furry and quite excited when its ears and tail came in the mail.

The twitter thread is quite edifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 8, 2022 6:29 PM

Here is Depp's supporter's GoFundMe for . . . wait for it . . .

Facial Feminization Therapy for which Blue Cross denied coverage.

No wonder she hates Heard. THIS is who is counseling our youth, siding with abusive males, hating on JK Rowling and fighting to put males in female spaces. But but but its partner has ADHD and cannot work and "their child" has autism. But please first make me pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 8, 2022 6:35 PM

R299, that tape is full of people Johnny pays to cater to him. Of course they are going to take Johnny's side and talk trash about Amber especially in front of Johnny.

People are so gullible.

by Anonymousreply 307May 8, 2022 6:53 PM

r307 Um, Johnny is not there with those other people? He is asleep. Have you listened to it?

by Anonymousreply 308May 8, 2022 8:11 PM

R307 Heard appears at the end of tape and never says she needs medical attention. Only seems focused on what if she’ll ‘lose’ Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 309May 8, 2022 8:12 PM

It's really desperate to try to believe anything she says at this point. There is no rational argument for it.

by Anonymousreply 310May 8, 2022 8:15 PM

[quote] Heard appears at the end of tape and never says she needs medical attention. Only seems focused on what if she’ll ‘lose’ Johnny.

So what? So what that she never says she needs medical attention. I wouldn't say that to people who are trash talking me either.

And, yea, she will put up with anything to keep her abuser. That's what victims say and do.

by Anonymousreply 311May 8, 2022 8:24 PM

Jesus, "people who are trash talking her". This is her DOCTOR (a nurse is also present if she wants to talk to a woman) and he is trying to put her on a plane and she is packing up and going, after she has been horribly abused for hours, leaving her with broken bones and broken skin, according to her brand-new story. He gets close enough to say she doesn't smell like alcohol and he doesn't notice anything about her being beaten up?

You can not be serious

by Anonymousreply 312May 8, 2022 8:37 PM

Because it never happened R312.

by Anonymousreply 313May 8, 2022 9:33 PM

This trial has convinced me that abusers like Depp are catnip to his legions of truly frightening fans.

by Anonymousreply 314May 8, 2022 10:10 PM

[quote] Why not advise him to quit, settle out of court, whatever, if you absolutely cannot win?

Maybe his lawyers urged him to do just that. But in the end, the client calls the shots.

Depp is out for blood, and everyone else’s just along for the ride, dragged down with him.

by Anonymousreply 315May 9, 2022 2:24 AM

Amber came along with an entourage of grifters who promptly took advantage of Johnny's generosity.

by Anonymousreply 316May 9, 2022 3:13 AM

Johnny purchases everyone around him so no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 317May 9, 2022 3:36 AM

I don't know if this got explained already. But re: Johnny "confronting" Amber as she leaves the witness box? That is the normal route Johnny and his team have taken every break to exit the court room. The rhythm is as such: Amber exits the witness box, then turns left and walks past Johnny's desk towards her team. Then Johnny and his team walk out a door that lies just past the witness box. It had been smooth sailing until this particular break. This time, Amber hadn't left the witness box area yet. We see her backing up "in fear" as Johnny moves forward...but it was just a timing snafoo. He hadn't been even looking in her direction when he started to walk towards his usual exit door. He fucked up the timing of their little do-se-do of avoidance but he absolutely was not moving toward Amber to confront her. The guy may be an idiot...but he's not AN IDIOT.

by Anonymousreply 318May 9, 2022 4:08 AM

Whenever there's a high-profile trial, there are weirdos to be found in the general public. And where there are celebrities, there are even more weirdos. That has nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of the person the weirdo "supports". The weirdo is starved for attention and is, well, weird. They're everywhere. Finding weird Depp fans within the scary world of fandom and posting about them here doesn't, of course, prove that Depp's not telling the truth, or that Amber is. It's silly to think it does.

by Anonymousreply 319May 9, 2022 4:40 AM

R316 Johnny needed no help from her to burn his money. He had/has the sense of a tween with a credit card and everyone around him (sister, daughter, staff) had their hands out.

by Anonymousreply 320May 9, 2022 5:05 AM

I keep laughing about Amber's Magda Goebbels hair. That post was brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 321May 9, 2022 5:15 AM

I like how Johnny dresses for court and has the good sense to keep his hair tied back so he doesn't look all Phil Spector.

by Anonymousreply 322May 9, 2022 5:18 AM

[quote]So what? So what that she never says she needs medical attention. I wouldn't say that to people who are trash talking me either. And, yea, she will put up with anything to keep her abuser. That's what victims say and do.

I thought everyone sounded patient with her as they were trying to figure out how to get her out of there, a volatile situation, while not upsetting her. They eggshell-walked and handled things with kid gloves in order not to set off the crazy lady. If she heard the one harsh-sounding guy later on while listening to her secret recording, the worst he did was express frustration toward her because he was more concerned about Johnny's finger than consoling her during her expressions of remorse, intermittent whining/crying and ever-changing plans to leave or stay. Triaging the situation would have been his priority, and his frustration was understandable; none of what he said sounded like "trash talk". In such an environment, it seems very likely she would have told the handlers/caretakers about her injuries, if there were any.

by Anonymousreply 323May 9, 2022 8:46 AM

I should add that the handlers likely treated Johnny in the same manner they treated Amber, i.e., very carefully.

by Anonymousreply 324May 9, 2022 8:55 AM

This creature makes the other two board villainesses, Meghan and Madonna, look positively angelic.

by Anonymousreply 325May 9, 2022 9:26 AM

The stool pigeon dropped it on the bed

by Anonymousreply 326May 9, 2022 10:06 AM

[quote]The guy may be an idiot...but he's not AN IDIOT.

The little face he made as he backed up, complete with more giggling of the kind he was prone to as she testified, says otherwise.

The fangurls with their dinner gowns and alpacas and Twitter accounts love to make gifs of Johnny "staring her down" or "laughing in her face," and they spend their unemployed days posting online that "99.9% of all humanity supports Johnny," but we don't know how the jury is viewing all this. They didn't see the confrontation apparently, but I'm also entirely certain they don't see the "Magda Goebbels" hair (har har Amber is a Nazi oh ho ho how droll) and they don't have flowcharts that say "this story of Amber's is fake because she said 'dirty carpet' twice, which is totally a Robert Rodriguez movie thing to say, and this other story is fake because it sounds like a plot from a miniseries called Maid apparently, according to people on Twitter who probably know things."

It is entirely plausible that the jury will find in Johnny's favor because people can be simple minded, and "she hit him, therefore he's not an abuser" is a thing a lot of people believe. That said, the media circus right now makes me think that there's every chance there will be a mistrial because some juror, deathly curious as to why 50-something ladies in prom dresses were sitting in the gallery, looked stuff up online when they weren't supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 327May 9, 2022 12:17 PM

Interesting that Christina Ricci is a fan of Amber. But the actress who plays a younger version of Christina's character on Yellowjackets was making fun of Amber on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 328May 9, 2022 1:37 PM

Heard definitely has Borderline traits. The fact that she has seemingly never ending brief and extremely turbulent flings with partners of both genders is very telling. She doesn’t have a clue who she is or what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 329May 10, 2022 9:25 AM

^^ Mr. Depp, on the other hand, is the very picture of mental health.

by Anonymousreply 330May 10, 2022 9:29 AM

[quote] Mr. Depp, on the other hand, is the very picture of mental health.

That’s a Whataboutism.

by Anonymousreply 331May 10, 2022 9:34 AM

R297, she's nothing more than a parasite in search of a host. A fourth grader would laugh at your language.

by Anonymousreply 332May 10, 2022 1:11 PM

R297 Amber is an addict as well.

by Anonymousreply 333May 10, 2022 1:52 PM

Amber Heard looked like she was snorting cocaine in court. How else do you explain that distinctive sniffing and then rubbing the bottom of the nostrils? She looked guilty as she looked around to see if anyone had seen too.

by Anonymousreply 334May 10, 2022 4:00 PM

^ You are a stan. She was plugging up one nostril to blow her nose. Oh, and Depp was not purposely walking toward her to intimidate her when she got off the stand. Some people see what they want to see the truth be damned.

by Anonymousreply 335May 10, 2022 4:04 PM

R335 when I want to blow my nose, I don't SNIFF up it. I blow down into a tissue. And why would I rub my finger across the bottom of my nostrils afterwards? Suggests that she was a little bit worried about some white powder.

by Anonymousreply 336May 10, 2022 4:07 PM

Anyone who legitimately thinks she was snorting cocaine on the stand needs their head examined

by Anonymousreply 337May 10, 2022 4:09 PM

R337 Have you seen the video? That isn't 'blowing her nose'. That's clearly a very specific way of sniffing something up her nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 10, 2022 4:12 PM

guess what was trending this morning?

#IStandWithAmberHeard

by Anonymousreply 339May 10, 2022 4:12 PM

If she was inhaling something, it is far more likely that she was inhaling Vicks vapor rub or something to induce a runny nose/give the appearance of crying/sniffling. She's not going to risk all for a quick bump on the stand. C'mon.

by Anonymousreply 340May 10, 2022 4:58 PM

I can't believe there are Depp fans suggesting Heard was snorting coke on the stand. Are they this desperate to trash her? I guess so. This is how crazyy they are and I've read this a bunch of places.

That's some deflection since he is the one with the real drug and alcohol addictions, not her.

Kinda like the Britney fans who are now online begging her to act "normal." We toldja she wasn't normal.

by Anonymousreply 341May 10, 2022 5:04 PM

it's allergy season!!! I know coz I have it bad.

by Anonymousreply 342May 10, 2022 6:52 PM

Somebody on Reddit (I know, I know) said that that's how people with nose jobs blow their noses. What I don't understand is that she wipes her nose after with her finger or hand, and not the hankie.

by Anonymousreply 343May 10, 2022 9:24 PM

R338 I loved when she paused for 5 seconds and waited for the court photographer to take a photo of her wiping her nose. Because that's exactly how normal people wipe their noses, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 344May 11, 2022 6:08 AM

Amber accidentally outed herself as a former stripper on one tape where she accuses Johnny of telling her secret....lol

by Anonymousreply 345May 11, 2022 2:13 PM

Christ these fans are insane.

Spectators at the ongoing Johnny Depp and Amber Heard defamation trial went to great lengths to secure a spot in the courtroom to view the action up close, including camping out in cars in front of the courthouse and spending up to $30,000 on travel expenses in one instance.

Several fans of Depp, 58, tell PEOPLE that they came in the early hours of the morning to ensure they would be given a wristband to allow them to sit inside the Fairfax, Virginia, courtroom to witness the explosive trial.

"I've never been to a public trial before. I've never stayed up overnight for anything in line, and I came at 12:45 a.m.," says Sabrina Harrison of Madison, Wisconsin. "I've never done something like this in my 46 years of life."

Spectators have shown up from all over the country and even overseas. Sharon Smith, 52, who recently ended a 12-year relationship in Britain, put her belongings in storage and decided to fly to Virginia so she could see the trial when it began on April 11.

When the trial is not in session, Smith flies to Los Angeles, then returns to Virginia when proceedings resume — and the costs add up. "I've been coming back and forth from L.A. so you're looking at $600 to $700 each time, 10 hours of your life in the air. But yeah, hotel, food, drinks, about $10,000," she says of the total she's spent thus far.

Ivan De Boer, 59, from Los Angeles, tells PEOPLE she used her paid vacation time for the year to attend the trial. So far, she has spent about $30,000 on expenses.

"I took my whole year's vacation so I could be here for Johnny," she says. "I'm the same age as Johnny. I'm single, so I do what I want to, basically."

When asked if she has any regrets about spending so much, De Boer replies, "No regrets. I'd regret it more if I wasn't here."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2022 5:44 PM

^Total Lunatics. What a world.

by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2022 6:10 PM

They want two Depp dollars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 11, 2022 7:52 PM

I didnt want to spent $700 US for a meet and greet with Alice Cooper a few years ago, even though I like him and he's apparently a super nice guy. Can't imagine spending thousands to fly out and sit in a boring courtroom listening to Johnny mumble and Amber fake cry for 8 hours a day.

by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2022 11:11 PM

He hit her. He said it himself. She won the case. These zealots are in for a rude awakening. As nasty as they've been during this trial, they deserve it.

I've always thought he was overrated as an actor. Critics keep telling what I should notice in his performances, but nothing seems so special or skillful to me. His looks are his bread and butter, and he lost them years ago. Maybe critics will stop praising him like some kinda anointed one. I hope so. Sick of Depp. Don't call me a Freak for being honest here.

by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2022 11:29 PM

I'm sure she RICHLY deserved it. She's nothing but a scheming, lying grifter. He made the money, not her. I don't give a fuck about him, but she is lying, conniving trash out for nothing more than his money. To hell with her.

by Anonymousreply 351May 12, 2022 12:45 AM

My brother met Alice Cooper once in a bar in New Orleans, apparently Cooper plays golf and was there to play golf. He IS a nice guy he said. I think Depp's best performance was in Gilbert Grape.

by Anonymousreply 352May 12, 2022 12:46 AM

I am not here to argue whether Amber and Johnny are messy, lost, stunted people or not. But I must take umbrage at all the prisspot hissing that is going on all over the metaverse regarding their substance abuse issues "He's an ADDICT!" [hiss hiss] "She's an ADDICT!" [hiss hiss]. "Who is the MORE ADDICTED addict? And to WHICH SUBSTANCES are they addicted? ADDICTION IS AMORAL AND WRONGGGGG!"

Substance abuse isn't the defining factor that makes either of these two sad codependents a villain. The singular issue that is playing out right now on the world stage is an astonishing mutual lack of self-awareness, and the mutual deflection of blame on to one another like mother fucking toddlers.

They both grew up in violent homes, and both found their way to a variety of substances to self-medicate and blot out their inner landscapes. Clearly, both of them were addicts who looked to the outside world to feed their shaky wounded egos, instead of looking within and exploring their shit. Then they recklessly came together and proceeded to Mommy Dearest one another for a few years. Case dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 353May 12, 2022 12:51 AM

I haven't had so many obvious trolls (a la r351) on ignore since the Derek Chauvin murder trial.

by Anonymousreply 354May 12, 2022 12:52 AM

Well put.

by Anonymousreply 355May 12, 2022 1:02 AM

R353, I agree with you, but Johnny Depp wants to keep this going.

Most people have had at least one crazy relationship when we were younger. And most of the time we added alcohol and/or drugs to the mix, which made it ten times worse. But somewhere along the line, we realized this is no way to live. We got out of the relationship and we don't look back. You move forward. But Johnny Depp has chosen to live his whole life like this.

They're both crazy. What is this case about? Whether it's 50/50 on the abuse? Or 60/40? There's no winners in this. The divorce was the best thing that happened to them. She's moved on. He hasn't. And yes, she was an idiot to have written that article. Those hucksters at the ACLU manipulated her.

Johnny Depp wants to go scorched earth on this. If he loses, he'll appeal it.

by Anonymousreply 356May 12, 2022 1:07 AM

Are there any lawyers or lawyer-adjacents who can answer this: JD is suing AH for 50M. So, if JD prevails, is the jury going to say she pays the 50M, or is the jury in a position to set the amount? Also, can't AH appeal if JD prevails? And if JD prevails and the jury sets the payment at 50M, how does she pay it? And what happens if she doesn't have the means? Does she declare bankruptcy?

I know laws are different in different states. Because despite what anybody has to say, it comes down to the judge telling the jury what the evidence is, and to ignore the rest.

by Anonymousreply 357May 12, 2022 1:38 AM

Here’s what I’m going to say about this:

Anyone who has ever had the unfortunate displeasure of living with aDV abuser, knows exactly who is telling the truth here.

If you’re one of the people reading this, and are wondering whether or not this is true? Consider yourselves VERY fortunate, because once you’ve gone through this, you know it when you see it and you know who is who, what’s what, and why abusers do what they do and how.

It’s NEVER as black and white as people think and it’s highly complex, yet once you’ve dealt with this, you can spot it a mile away.

Fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 358May 12, 2022 4:47 AM

[Quote] "I took my whole year's vacation so I could be here for Johnny," she says. "I'm the same age as Johnny. I'm single, so I do what I want to, basically." When asked if she has any regrets about spending so much, De Boer replies, "No regrets. I'd regret it more if I wasn't here."

Absolute insanity.

by Anonymousreply 359May 12, 2022 5:23 AM

R358 So which one is the abuser?

by Anonymousreply 360May 12, 2022 5:25 AM

R341 It was stated in the trial she is addicted to liquor and cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 361May 12, 2022 5:31 AM

Thank you, r358. I agree 100%

by Anonymousreply 362May 12, 2022 9:34 AM

I've watched some of Johnny's testimony and some of Ambers and haven't listened to talking heads or read anything else except on here. This case doesn't have that high of an interest level for me. Having said that, it will be interesting to hear the cross-examination of Amber. I'm still leaning toward believing Depp's story, for reasons already stated, and the cross-examination will help determine (for me) if Amber is being deceptive or not on the witness stand. I think she very well may be, but we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 363May 12, 2022 10:16 AM

[quote]So which one is the abuser?

R360, they both were. Even if one caused 60% of the abuse, it doesn't leave the other one off the hook. But taking it to court and opening up all this dirty laundry for the world to see/hear is insane.

When you are in a relationship like this, you do dumb shit. But when you get out of it and you sober up, you move forward. If you are normal, you learn from it. You let it go.

This case isn't about who was the most abusive.

by Anonymousreply 364May 12, 2022 10:34 AM

For R357: 1) Whichever side "wins," the jury has enormous freedom to determine the dollar amount of any damages awarded, regardless of Depp seeking "$50 million". They could give each of them, or one of them, only a dollar, or anything in between. If the award were determined to be "too big," by the Court, judges will sometimes reduced the amounts awarded, "from the bench." There is very little that a party can do to argue with that, if it happens. In this case, Depp is contending that his reputation was harmed economically because of Little Amber's NYTIme's editorial (which was actually composed *for her* by the ACLU - one of the big news sites had an interesting article about that online, just yesterday, 5/11). So Depp has to introduce evidence of the reduction of his future earning ability, and show how it was diminished by the negative impact of Heard's article: it's really a kind of "legal fiction", an impossible thing to prove with any kind of basis in reality, so it's all speculation, and the jury will just make something up if they think he deserves any kind of award.

2.) Yes, either side can appeal the verdict, and whoever loses almost certainly WILL appeal, just to drag this out as long as humanly possible, and certainly to avoid paying any large judgment if an amount is awarded. Once the verdict is final, the judgment acts as a lien against the losing side's assets, which can be seized and sold to enforce the judgment if it isn't paid voluntarily. Yes, you can file bankruptcy to prevent the forced payment of a judgment, except in certain situations (e.g. alimony, child support, unpaid taxes, and usually intentional offenses, things like assault and battery, etc., cannot be bankrupted out of).

3.)Yes, Judges instruct jurors to just "ignore" the bad behavior of litigants in Court, when the Court can't act quickly enough to keep the jurors from seeing/hearing whatever is legally improper; but as a practical matter, no juror is going to be able to *actually* disregard the overall impression made by the parties in Court. In this case, to me, both of these people deserve no consideration; I would view the whole process as a time-wasting PR stunt, and if I were on that jury, having my time wasted over them, I would be inclined to award both of them 1 dollar, just as a slap in the face. We'll see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 365May 12, 2022 11:40 AM

Thank you, R365. Now, one more thing. Can AH get out of cross by getting a note from her doctor for mental distress or something?

by Anonymousreply 366May 12, 2022 11:54 AM

Yes, of course. For anything, upset tummy, anxiety, you name it.

by Anonymousreply 367May 12, 2022 11:55 AM

Every time people refer to her as AH, I automatically assume it's Hitler who is being referred to.

by Anonymousreply 368May 12, 2022 11:56 AM

Actually, by filing a claim you submit yourself to the Court's process. If she were to refuse to testify, her pleadings would likely be "struck" by the Court, thrown out, and it would be as if she had never filed any kind of Answer or Claims. Depp would win by default and the jury would then have only to determine the amount of damages.

by Anonymousreply 369May 12, 2022 11:58 AM

I’m just glad this toxic pair didn’t bring a child into the world.

by Anonymousreply 370May 12, 2022 12:02 PM

JD must know he can't win this case. As he said on the stand he's brought this case so he can tell his side of the story. So what? Even if he could win and receive 50M in damages she hasn't got 50M to give him. This exercise is just more evidence of flawed thinking

by Anonymousreply 371May 12, 2022 12:08 PM

There's still PLENTY of time for that.

by Anonymousreply 372May 12, 2022 12:09 PM

He's not interesting in winning. He's interested in punishing and exacting vengeance, r371.

by Anonymousreply 373May 12, 2022 12:40 PM

If I were a soft-butch sous-chef with latent homicidal urges, I’d be madly in love with Heard.

by Anonymousreply 374May 12, 2022 12:50 PM

***interested at r373

by Anonymousreply 375May 12, 2022 12:55 PM

He's not interested in winning. He's only interested in dealing a final death blow to whatever small sliver of an A-list career he has left. Fixed it for you r373.

And that's not saying she's off the hook for her crap, but she's not the one filing the endless losing lawsuits. He is, this is his doing.

by Anonymousreply 376May 12, 2022 3:16 PM

Just publicizing that she was abusive to him, probably before he reacted in kind, does a lot to repair his image.

How would the rest of us handle her rages?

by Anonymousreply 377May 12, 2022 3:23 PM

I wonder if he'll end up with a talk show. He can have a giant skull ring as the theme in the background, and every guest gets a shot glass of bourbon. His audience is filled with rabid women, and all of them get drool cups. And his band plays during the commercial breaks.

by Anonymousreply 378May 12, 2022 3:25 PM

R378, mind if I borrow that idea? We're opening a new circle.

by Anonymousreply 379May 12, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote]Just publicizing that she was abusive to him, probably before he reacted in kind, does a lot to repair his image.

Huh? It only drags out the past drama even more, in the public eye, and keeps reminding everyone of how toxic both of them were and still are. Remember, Heard gets her day as well, to re-hash all of his crazy violent escapades. And he's the one who's claiming career damage and suing about it, not her. The lawsuits suit neither of them (but he keeps bringing them, regardless).

[quote]How would the rest of us handle her rages?

Dump.Her.Ass. A simple, novel concept I know for a highly rich, famous male star with thousands of women hanging all over him and a dozen lawyers at his disposal, but you know it seems to work for others.

by Anonymousreply 380May 12, 2022 3:33 PM

Your points would make sense for a normal guy - this is a former idol, with plenty of current adorers. I think he thinks this helps him get his mojo back - and I think he may be right.

There's at least some truth in the adage, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

If nothing else, this could get him roles as people might line up just to see the crazy man fall over -- sort of like people used to show up at alcoholic John Barrymore's performances, hoping he'd go nuts or pass out. In any case, notoriety is better than fading into the sunset, especially for a narcissist (if he is one - probably - I don't know, but if so, this is thrilling for him - supply supply supply)

by Anonymousreply 381May 12, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote]There's at least some truth in the adage, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

NOT for a current-day Hollywood A-lister. Bad publicity of this nature is a professional death kiss.

The sad thing is, if he'd laid low a few years, stayed out of the lurid headlines and put his head down and continued to work on what came up for him - smaller roles, indies, character pieces - he had a decent chance of rehabilitating himself and his career. He's pushing 60 and the leading male roles weren't going to be there for him anyways, even in best of times. Getting back on the horse and showing the world what a good actor is was and is, doing the work, 'transitioning" to the elder statesman-actor phase - all of this would have worked for him.

Instead we get this re-hashed, re-cooked shitshow. He's toast now in Hollywood, whatever the outcome of this or other trials.

by Anonymousreply 382May 12, 2022 4:13 PM

I'd argue that Rolling Stone interview did more damage to his career than her WaPo piece. Who would read that and think, yeah, let's give this guy $20 mil?

by Anonymousreply 383May 12, 2022 4:16 PM

i can't believe some dumb cunt spent 30k to see this trial!!!

by Anonymousreply 384May 12, 2022 4:20 PM

R384 And you just know she lives in a trailer. Not even a doublewide!

by Anonymousreply 385May 12, 2022 4:35 PM

I dont think hes doing this in some attempt to keep her around. Over the last few years he was steadily going broke, drinking and doing drugs, doing shitty Pirates movies, leaving lovely Vanessa Paradis for some hot young slut.

He needs money and a career boost. This is his way of trying to get it. He couldnt sue over the Rolling Stone piece because it was all true. But with Amber, well she was an abusive cunt to him as well so I imagine in his brain, its easier to sue for this and win than going after RS.

by Anonymousreply 386May 12, 2022 6:06 PM

I still can't get over how SHORT he is.

by Anonymousreply 387May 12, 2022 9:19 PM

If he had just let the op-ed piece and the English newspaper headline go it would practically be forgotten by now… literally yesterday’s news. And does the public really believe what they read in the news now, anyway. Most people (who even read it) would have taken it all with a big grain of salt.

But he’s blown it all up and drawn even more attention to it all by being so sue-happy.

I mean, I didn’t even know who Amber Heard *was* before this current trial, which he himself instigated.

by Anonymousreply 388May 12, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote]Just publicizing that she was abusive to him, probably before he reacted in kind, does a lot to repair his image.

Are you stoned? That's so hilarious. He killed his reputation with this trial. People thought he had a drug problem, now they know for a fact that he's a junky.

I didn't read the article she "wrote", but nothing in it could have been as bad as the things he admitted to in court. Her article could have been 100% false and none of it defamed him as badly as he defamed himself in court.

by Anonymousreply 389May 12, 2022 9:41 PM

Now his piece of shit supporters are all supporting marilyn manson and trashing Evan Rachel Wood

What garbage. They're all "We Stand By Marilyn Manson" on Twitter and other social media.

Hitler's dead, otherwise they'd support him too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 12, 2022 9:46 PM

johnny depp is good friends with roman polanski. He was also good friends with harvey weinstein.

Marilyn Manson is Lily Rose's godfather. Here's johnny's fans defending marilyn manson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391May 12, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote] I still can't get over how SHORT he is.

5’ 10” isn’t short.

It’s amusing how people who seem to hate him and hate that he’s filed this lawsuit just can’t seem to look away or stop posting the same comments over and over. And, of course, continually research the weirdo section of his fan base (which every actor has) and post about them here as if that somehow discredits his testimony. We get it, you don’t believe him...but the evidence shows that Amber was abusive and lies a lot, so it’s reasonable for him to want to bring that truth to light and not allow her the final word regarding who he is. And if he’s telling the truth about what he didn’t do to her, why shouldn’t he lay it before the court for scrutiny?

by Anonymousreply 392May 13, 2022 1:21 AM

Amber and Johnny weren't happy

They yelled and were always quite snappy

Then one day he left

And feeling bereft

She lifted his sheets and got crappy.

by Anonymousreply 393May 13, 2022 1:29 AM

Can a psychiatrist or psychologist weigh in here?

I am a bit older than Depp and only have seen him in a couple movies. I don’t know who he is much less Amber Heard. But I was intrigued a week ago by the press coverage and started watching the unfiltered testimony on YouTube law and crime.

Thus I went down rabbit holes with the Amber secret recording of the AUS morning-after as well as other recordings.

Yikes. Amber is just relentless in her hovering, whimpering, and whining. She talks in guilt circles.

What bugs me greatly is the arrangement to have Depp dry out when his abuser (Amber) is there. AND she administers detox meds while Nurse Debbie stays 30 miles away? So bizarre a doc approved this. Is this common practice?

by Anonymousreply 394May 13, 2022 1:50 AM

[quote]What bugs me greatly is the arrangement to have Depp dry out when his abuser (Amber) is there. AND she administers detox meds while Nurse Debbie stays 30 miles away? So bizarre a doc approved this. Is this common practice?

Yes, it is common practice.

by Anonymousreply 395May 13, 2022 2:29 AM

I've always thought psychologists are like witch doctors - and psychiatrists are dope dealers.

by Anonymousreply 396May 13, 2022 3:27 AM

R383, I re-read that article yesterday. Anybody who's interested in this case ought to give it a whirl. It's long, but you're drawn in. It's a slow mo car crash.

by Anonymousreply 397May 13, 2022 3:38 AM

R390 R391 It's actually Manson's fans who have tied him to Depp even before this trial started, since Evan named him as her abuser. They use an old photo of Evan seated at a table next to Amber at an event as "proof" of a friendship that never existed. Evan has never defended Amber, and she's not the only one who has accused Manson of abuse, there's over 20 women who have accused him of physical and sexual assault, and anyone who knows anything about rock music has heard stories about Manson abusing underage girls since the 90s (he incriminated himself in his own biography with plenty of gruesome stories). His own former bandmates, personal assistants and other artists who have toured with him have confirmed that he's a violent creep and a nazi. That's a totally different thing from the whole Amber vs Depp thing where she's the only one who has accused him (after he denied spousal support and didn't allow her to live rent free at his penthouse). That Colonel Kurtz is on Manson's payroll and gets exclusive photos of him from his equally psycho wife, and she interviews Manson's former groupies (most haven't seen him in about 20 years) who swear he's the world's biggest saint.

by Anonymousreply 398May 13, 2022 4:54 AM

Anyone who followed or watched the trial and still defend or believe psycho Amber, is a psychopath like her.

by Anonymousreply 399May 13, 2022 5:23 AM

R392 R398 Thanks

by Anonymousreply 400May 13, 2022 5:24 AM

Also I strongly believe that Amber Heard's paid PR team post here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 401May 13, 2022 5:25 AM

Please, if they are it is money wasted.

by Anonymousreply 402May 13, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote]What bugs me greatly is the arrangement to have Depp dry out when his abuser (Amber) is there. AND she administers detox meds while Nurse Debbie stays 30 miles away? So bizarre a doc approved this. Is this common practice?

Yes it is.

What are your medical qualifications?

by Anonymousreply 403May 13, 2022 10:44 AM

Woah, talking about Roman Polanski and Manson all in the same breath is making me dizzy. Marilyn, Charile? I need to lie down.

by Anonymousreply 404May 13, 2022 11:47 AM

He fucked up my blowing this up.

At first, I believed her. After a while, I ended up believing him, because I thought that he certainly could not be stupid enough to drag this out all the way to American courts, had he been guilty. I never kept up with the UK defamation case.

Now?

I believe her. I also believe she is mentally unwell and has a substance abuse issue or had one while married to Depp.

I find her to be histrionic in her affect, and ridiculous AF for ending up with an old dude at her previous age when married to Depp. She is a mess and I’d never want someone like her as a friend or acquaintance.

But she ain’t lying about all of it. I reckon 50% to 60% of what she’s saying is TRUE, because if you have ever been around a domestic abuser, there are VERY SPECIFIC THINGS about how domestic violence abusers act, that you would not know, unless you’ve experienced it yourself or have witnessed it happen to close friends or family members.

And no. I’m not going to point these things out because I don’t want to, so fuck anyone who challenges me on this.

I know what I know, and that’s NOat a badge of honor or even a good thing. Not even close.

She described specific shit done to her that men with violent, uncontrollable tempers do to women they abuse. It’s specific and different than child abuse or a run of the mill drunken bar fight or going off on paparazzi.

He’s an abuser.

And here’s the bottom line:

Men who claim to be abused are real, and they’re out there, but they’re like a unicorn because this is a rare phenomena.

Some bitch hits you and you’re rich AF with security? Walk away IMMEDIATELY and never look back. File the divorce papers and it’s over. Career saved, embarrassing speculation by the general public avoided and on to the next. CUT! Wrap up the shit-show like you have done dozens of times on set.

Really a disappointing spectacle.

I wanted to believe him, but in all honesty? I just can’t. I’d be a stupid cunt if I did.

by Anonymousreply 405May 13, 2022 12:02 PM

Nah I used to loath Amber Heard for her obvious gold digger, marrying up ploy, but no one calling Johnny on his shit and framing himself as a victim bugs me.

Fuck them both. Team no one.

by Anonymousreply 406May 13, 2022 12:02 PM

R406, exactly.

And btw, I DO believe that Johnny could be one of those alcoholics/substance abusers who completely black out, having no idea that he’s acting out violently while in the act, with very little to ZERO recollection of what he has done.

But that does NOT mean it didn’t happen.

What fucks me up about abusers is their unrelenting insistence in claiming it NEVER happened, when in fact, it DID.

Had he at the very least just gone in the direction of getting help, and disavowing his behavior while under the influence, he may have been redeemed in the eyes of those who know better and aren’t stanning him.

But he did not. And that’s par of the course with domestic violence abusers. They can NEVER admit they’re wrong.

Amber shares some of these characteristics as well, but the bottom line is that he is physically stronger than she is, wealthier, and far more insulated from public scrutiny, up to a certain point.

There were certain things I heard her describe which just triggered all of the alarm bells for me.

Again, she’s not a perfect victim, and I 100% believe she used him for cash & prizes, but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t abused. And guess what? Unfortunately, there are PLENTY of men out there who are violent, and feel entitled to abuse women just because they know and understand that their wives married them for money.

That’s on HIM. He should have protected his reputation, his career and his cash above ALL else.

by Anonymousreply 407May 13, 2022 12:24 PM

[quote]Some bitch hits you and you’re rich AF with security? Walk away IMMEDIATELY and never look back. File the divorce papers and it’s over.

Being rich doesn't change the existence of childhood trauma and one's conditioned reactions to it, reactions which are based on trying to avoid intense emotional pain while trying to fix the dynamic with the abusive person/hope it will somehow change. He hid out while Amber was berating and physical, just as he did when his mother behaved that way toward him. It isn't easy to override trauma and the years of conditioning that causes one to feel and react to intense pain the same way one did in childhood. Seems like Johnny Depp spent much of his adult life self-medicating to avoid pain, not looking at or trying to understand what happened to him growing up. No amount of wealth changes this reality. It enraged Amber when he ran away, but he didn't know how to handle her rage, and yet it was familiar to him (from his childhood) that he also probably didn't know how to leave. Fear of abandonment often accompanies childhood trauma and it seems like he had that. Those feelings are very intense and dominate when on the receiving end of someone's intense anger. So, being wealthy and being male didn't make him impervious to the effects of child abuse and ensuing trauma.

by Anonymousreply 408May 13, 2022 12:46 PM

Meant to add that Johnny's relationship with Amber very much mimicked his relationship with his abusive parent, and his behavior in the relationship (with Amber), is that of victim, not abuser, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 409May 13, 2022 12:52 PM

R407 I also think Amber does have a case for abuse. She seems to giddy about it, like aha got you in the recordings and it's not getting her justice.

I do believe he did some physical things to her as did she to him. Her saying who's going to believe you makes her look bad in the public. She is not the classic innocent victim of abuse in the public minds so her justice isn't being served.

Meanwhile they'll both be fine after this and poorer, more serious cases don't make it to court.

by Anonymousreply 410May 13, 2022 12:54 PM

His father was abusive, r409.

by Anonymousreply 411May 13, 2022 12:55 PM

R408, I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote, 100%. No question.

However, he ALSO abused her.

And that’s what this case is all about.

He claims he has been defamed. He has not. He abused her too.

I relate to Johnny the child, who was abused. I relate to Johnny the adult, who is coping with childhood trauma that is unresolved, and I relate to Johnny the victim who is being used as an adult by predators for his money and goodwill.

I get it, and I don’t begrudge him any of these things and have tons of empathy towards him and for him due to these things.

But sadly enough, I am sorry to say that I also relate to Amber being a victim of domestic violence as an an adult woman.

I really like Johnny and I think Amber is a total user and an opportunist who married Johnny without the best intentions on her part.

He deserved MUCH, MUCH better than that.

But Johnny had violence issues which he needs to address. He’s had them for a long, long time, and I genuinely hope he can overcome them.

I’ve always rooted for him. And in some ways I still do, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t also responsible for hitting her, hence I root for a better future for him, but I believe he hurt her and I have been a victim of violence and haven’t EVER once hit someone else or trashed hotels because of it.

He needs he’ll and I so, so genuinely hope he gets that help if he hasn’t already done so.

by Anonymousreply 412May 13, 2022 12:59 PM

R408, He has always had the choice to get help and he could certainly afford the best therapy that money can buy. I can sympathize with pain and trauma, but there comes a time when a person needs to step up and take responsibility for themselves and their actions and Johnny hasn't done that yet and it is way past time for help. He wants to blame Amber for his current woes, but their toxic relationship was not the start of his issues, it was the result of them. Noone is blameless in this situation, but he is the one who refuses to let go and move on. I'm wondering if he is surrounded by 'yes people' because someone needed to sit him down and tell him that this was a really bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 413May 13, 2022 1:04 PM

Excellent points, R412, and very balanced thinking. There are a few reasons why I'm viewing this situation with good will and understanding toward him, but you likely have the more reasonable perspective overall. Thank you for replying with understanding toward what I was trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 414May 13, 2022 1:17 PM

Agreed, R413.

Preaching to the choir. I am on TEAM Get Help.

by Anonymousreply 415May 13, 2022 1:18 PM

I think R415 meant to sign as R412. (I'm R408.)

by Anonymousreply 416May 13, 2022 1:20 PM

None of this still doesn’t change the fact she sat on television and humble-bragged how she donated 7 million to charity when in fact she donated almost none and didn’t even write the op-ed. That was the nail in the coffin for his working career. I would be vengeful too after that. I have said it before here and I will say it again - she is Joan Crawford levels crazy and it is apparent in her voice on the recordings. There is also him apologizing for the “Monster”, referring to his personality that comes out when inebriated and out of control. I think they are both bpd, him being quiet bpd and her being narcissistic / histrionic, with serious substance abuse thrown in. Its likely each have an 8th grade level education while having severely low emotional IQs due to the bubble fame and money brings.

I also think it is telling that no one is backing her up aside from lesbians who are under the spell of her beauty. Word travels in Hollywood and I doubt someone like Jen Aniston or even Jolie would back Johnny if they heard of serious abuse, especially since Angie is on a soapbox about abuse from Brad. No one wants to tack their name to that. Amber is Machiavellian while at one time being extremely beautiful. She never loved Johnny, in fact it sounded as if she was repelled by him their entire relationship. I think this is pretty apparent now.

by Anonymousreply 417May 13, 2022 1:21 PM

R413, I hear what you're saying and you're probably right. I've just assumed he was blindsided by the op-ed and felt deeply bothered that he was labeled an abuser when, in his perspective, they were both troubled in the relationship or he truly believes she was the abusive one. It does seem that she wrote the article with a cringeworthy amount of self-righteousness and maybe that was more than he could bear? You're right that he should have gotten help long ago. It's easier said than done, but he did have the resources. I do have empathy for anyone who was a victim of child abuse and that is what drives my thinking toward this situation.

by Anonymousreply 418May 13, 2022 1:28 PM

R408, R416, you are correct.

A mishap on my part.

by Anonymousreply 419May 13, 2022 1:31 PM

(Yeah, R419, I only corrected it in case someone called me out for contradicting myself. Gotta be careful around here and very precise!)

by Anonymousreply 420May 13, 2022 1:33 PM

Audio of morning-after in AUS.

Nutz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421May 13, 2022 7:14 PM

Wow. “I was only popping Adderall, Xanax, coke, hallucinogens”

I have never mixed drugs like that, and I went pretty hard. Wouldn’t they just cancel out one another and make you sick? Doesn’t even sound fun. Anyway, they are serious addicts. I don’t know why she uses his addiction as leverage in the case when she is clearly just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 422May 13, 2022 8:35 PM

The nose wiping he does is crazy, reminds me of that Kurt and Courtney doc, she comes out of the bathroom and Nick Broomfield interviews her. She's standing there wiping at her nose over and over with her talons.

by Anonymousreply 423May 13, 2022 8:46 PM

Everybody on here keeps talking about how the trial has revealed what big dope-heads they both are. I haven't seen any of the testimony personally, but if you are prevented from using most drugs that you are used to using, a very common reaction is copiously runny sinuses...It's also the very height of the pollen season in VA. right now, and the stuff is so bad down in GA this year, where I am, that it is making my sinuses drippy even though I don't have hay fever. So they've both got pretty good excuses for having drippy honkers.

by Anonymousreply 424May 14, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote]R417 She never loved Johnny, in fact it sounded as if she was repelled by him their entire relationship.

On the stand she does sound like she loved him. We’re all making fun of his current looks and addictions - but undoubtedly he’s an interesting person to converse with (if he’s not slurring) and he did look better when they met a decade ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425May 14, 2022 12:29 AM

R396 = Tom Cruise

by Anonymousreply 426May 14, 2022 2:05 AM

I started watching some of the trial to make my own mind up, and Amber is not believable at all. She won't even admit to drinking alcohol in a picture, she claims it is some effervescent vitamin drink and that she wasn't yet strong enough to tell Johnny he couldn't have alcohol in the fridge. I don't understand this strategy, though it does confirm her BPD diagnosis as she sees things in black and white and is trying to portray herself as some kind of saint. I don't think it's going to work.

I doubt Johnny can win, but I now get why he went through with this. She is a massive liar and it must be awful to have her telling everyone what a saint she is while it is clear she was using drugs as much as he was. He has nothing to lose at this point, so he is going to drag her down with him and I think she deserves it. She should have taken her millions and stopped with the battered wife stories.

by Anonymousreply 427May 14, 2022 2:10 AM

Some are harping on how unbelievable they found Heard to sound on the stand - yet what of Depp? He sounded hopelessly meandering, drugged and burnt out.

I can’t necessarily believe what he says, as he appears to have been in a walking blackout for years.

by Anonymousreply 428May 14, 2022 2:34 AM

R417 She's not a 100%lesbian. Many lesbians are known to hate bisexual women for being fence sitting clit teases who oscillate back to men

by Anonymousreply 429May 14, 2022 3:23 AM

I honestly would have been disappointed, too, if I were Amber. If I began dating this guy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430May 14, 2022 8:22 AM

...and then he morphs into this guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 14, 2022 8:25 AM

and THIS guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 14, 2022 8:27 AM

[Quote] She won't even admit to drinking alcohol in a picture, she claims it is some effervescent vitamin drink

Sounds familiar lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433May 14, 2022 9:59 AM

I remember watching that hostage video for Australia and commenting to my friend how awful he looked and that he should be careful with whatever drugs/alcohol he was taking. I'm a little shocked he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 434May 14, 2022 10:10 AM

He could have taken care of himself like Tom Cruise.

Instead he's very Michael Jackson like.

by Anonymousreply 435May 14, 2022 3:15 PM

R434, there was a part of Amber’s testimony, where she talks about Johnny and his medical team keeping Johnny doors up while he was filming some movie (I forget which one), and they were medically and strategically keeping him on pain meds so that he wouldn’t go into severe withdrawals because he was obviously obligated to finish the film contractually, hence they couldn’t rehab him off all drugs, just the cocaine and booze & Adderall.

Anyhow, she describes how how he would be talking to her during this pain pill maintenance time, and he’d just nod off, mid sentence.

Come to find out, she claims his medical team had him on double the amount of opiates he regularly took.

I can’t believe he’s still with us, either.

Johnny is so wrapped up with himself, that he cannot objectively understand how BAD this all looks, and that being propped up by his army of bots, algorithms and fan boys is absolutely MEANINGLESS.

Objectives ADULTS with life experience and rational thought processes can see what actually happened here. The more she testifies, the clearer the picture becomes:

He’s a mean and vengeful drunk, who cannot pop his head out of his own ass, and take responsibility for what HE did.

Johnny destroyed his own reputation and career, NOT Amber. HE DID THIS.

He is totally responsible for what he engaged in and the eventual results, not some little girl from Texas without any pull or power in Hollywood.

Until he can humble himself and take an honest look at his life and his actions, he’s not going to end up well. A zillion lawsuits will NOT change this, and it’s SOOO fucked up that he cannot understand this.

I have total empathy for his traumatic past and his substance abuse issues, but Johnny is delusional to believe Amber did something horrible to him by exposing his true nature, when in fact, he had lost support from the Hollywood bean counters and studio heads long before this OP Ed of hers was in print, due to a LONG history of bullshit.

He’s a scary dude, and I’m glad she got out.

I wish him the best, but I doubt he wishes that even for himself at this point, or we wouldn’t be watching this horror show disguised as a defamation trial.

by Anonymousreply 436May 14, 2022 4:24 PM

R436 You just perfectly summed up everything I feel about this situation. Guys, read the 2018 Rolling Stone cover story (which he fully participated in and then bitterly resented when it came out). The delusional victim-mentality and unrelenting denial is so potently cringe-inducing, it'll have you squirming right out of your seat.

I have empathy for the child and young adult Johnny who was terribly abused. I do not have empathy for this thing that he's become. It's called THERAPY, mama. You've had literally decades to try it.

by Anonymousreply 437May 14, 2022 7:34 PM

I don't give a shit about him, Amber is the one after *his* cash. They'll both get bupkis. AND both of them will now disappear into the woodwork for the rest of our lives, as soon as the jury comes back. Movieworld is done with both of em.

by Anonymousreply 438May 14, 2022 10:38 PM

R438 I honestly feel like Johnny is going to start getting inundated with offers after this. People around the world are rallying for Johnny Depp. He's going to be in high demand with the public, regardless of the outcome of this trial. People love him, they miss him, and they don't give a shit about his drug use. They are ready to throw the harlot under the bus, ignoring all the damning recordings, ignoring his past several years of public drunkeness, and blame everything on Amber. He's going to make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 439May 14, 2022 10:45 PM

OK, R439, that *could* happen, but considering how deep Depp is in 'cancel culture' now, I can't see any of the Hollywood poobahs touching him with a 10-foot pole. Any male director who hires him will IMMEDIATELY be reported for "improper touching" (or much, MUCH worse), immediately. You know that. Maybe Jane Campion can rehabilitate him, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 440May 14, 2022 10:56 PM

I think it's interesting how people (white women) were pillorying Depp for being a drunk drug addict when Heard drinks and drugs as much as he does. She just keeps it hidden better. She's very good at putting on a show. Perhaps she's the better actor.

by Anonymousreply 441May 14, 2022 10:59 PM

We need a desert island to send these people. Their drama is a crime against humanity and is wasting millions of peoples' man-hours. Send the Kardashians as well.

by Anonymousreply 442May 14, 2022 11:00 PM

The therapist who said there was mutual abuse never saw any 1st hand not bruised AH just a picture. There is no conclusive evidence JD physically abused AH.

by Anonymousreply 443May 14, 2022 11:00 PM

[quote]R441 I think it's interesting how people (white women) were pillorying Depp for being a drunk drug addict when Heard drinks and drugs as much as he does.

But she’s never attacked a crew member or missed/been hours late for work due to it, like he has.

by Anonymousreply 444May 15, 2022 12:27 AM

Yeah, well that nasty, lying cunt has never carried a franchise. They wouldn't even know if she didn't show up, she's that forgettable

by Anonymousreply 445May 15, 2022 4:19 AM

R445 whatever you need to tell yourself, Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 446May 15, 2022 6:29 AM

Paul McCartney is really standing by johnny depp. He keeps mentioning him during his concerts.

Earlier I had wanted to say that this case kind of reminds of Paul McCartney and his ex-wife. She wanted $25 million for their divorce settlement. He took it to court and had to pay her $25 million, but he was able to rake her over the coals in public. Yes, she was a gold digger, but everyone in the entire world knew that before he ever married her.

Paul's daughter can now read all about him being a drunk, abusive, acting like a fool and being so stupid as to marry a grifter like her mother. He's a shitty parent who put his own need for revenge above his daughter's well being. That's probably why we don't see his daughter with him very much.

I had a shitty father, but my mom never said a bad word about him.

by Anonymousreply 447May 15, 2022 7:25 AM

R447 Shitty parent because he defended himself against false allegations??!!!!

by Anonymousreply 448May 15, 2022 7:51 AM

They were true R447. And it also came out during his divorce case that he hit Linda

He was willing to let that and a lot of other bad things about him come out just so he could get revenge. Sad

by Anonymousreply 449May 15, 2022 8:44 AM

The Judge gave that one legged whore less than she was asking for, and read her for filth. Paul won.

Are you posters crazy?

by Anonymousreply 450May 15, 2022 9:54 AM

R439 100%

by Anonymousreply 451May 15, 2022 9:13 PM

R440 What do you mean “could”? Have you been on social media? It is heavily in favor of johnny to put it lightly. Studios will see the support he is getting and see dollar signs. Its all about the bottom line. People have also become annoyed and desensitized to activism. It is going out of vogue.

by Anonymousreply 452May 15, 2022 9:17 PM

Yes. Depp has the best bot generated online support money can buy.

by Anonymousreply 453May 15, 2022 10:09 PM

#TeamAmber

by Anonymousreply 454May 15, 2022 10:18 PM

#MeToo

by Anonymousreply 455May 15, 2022 10:28 PM

Twitter may like him, but he looks like hammered shit. Hard to be a movie star when you're pushing 60 and look 80.

by Anonymousreply 456May 15, 2022 10:45 PM

So does the circus resume tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 457May 15, 2022 11:09 PM

Yes. 9am.

by Anonymousreply 458May 15, 2022 11:10 PM

^yes watch AH become angry during cross this week…#passThe Popcorn

by Anonymousreply 459May 15, 2022 11:12 PM

Cry Amber, Cry!

by Anonymousreply 460May 15, 2022 11:18 PM

“ shut up fat ass” Johnny depp to Amber heard

by Anonymousreply 461May 15, 2022 11:22 PM

Amber has the bots. Not depp. I love her being analyzed for her body language.

by Anonymousreply 462May 15, 2022 11:23 PM

I would name call that cunt Amber too given the circumstances

by Anonymousreply 463May 15, 2022 11:30 PM

Trolls are out of control.

by Anonymousreply 464May 15, 2022 11:32 PM

He looks like shit but could still do Jack Sparrow just fine. His leading romantic roles are done for though.

by Anonymousreply 465May 15, 2022 11:38 PM

[quote]His leading romantic roles are done for though.

Tragedy of tragedies!

by Anonymousreply 466May 15, 2022 11:41 PM

I want to know if Depp was subjected to a psych exam and if not, why not?

by Anonymousreply 467May 15, 2022 11:44 PM

I find it difficult to watch Heard's testimony about the physical abuse. It is so patently false and overacted it is like she is shitting on the experience of millions of domestic violence victims, making fun of it in fact. Only someone without a shred of conscience could do this.

by Anonymousreply 468May 15, 2022 11:51 PM

R467 no, cuz he never brought up a mental condition unlike AH talking PTSD…AH lawyers tried unsuccessfully to get JD to get and eval and her not to.

by Anonymousreply 469May 16, 2022 12:01 AM

^ an eval

by Anonymousreply 470May 16, 2022 12:02 AM

The cunt testified that Depp beat the shit out of her on April 22, 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471May 16, 2022 12:23 AM

r/pussypassdenied r471?

🙄

by Anonymousreply 472May 16, 2022 12:27 AM

r471 also contributed this gem to the thread:

[quote]Why so hateful, frau cunt R264? Because nobody will fuck you? You should be used to that by now.

by Anonymousreply 473May 16, 2022 12:31 AM

Nobody will ever fuck R472/R473. Except maybe shitfaced drunk.

by Anonymousreply 474May 16, 2022 12:36 AM

Speaking to Page Six, Deuters described Depp’s time with Heard as “less of a relationship and more of an Amber invasion.”

“Instantly she started moving her friends into his properties,” she said. “It was quite shocking how she eventually isolated him from his family and friends … it definitely felt like we’d kind of lost him.”

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard attend the premiere of their movie "The Rum Diary" in 2011.

Deuters told us she initially found Heard to be “cold” and was puzzled by her behavior.

“When they first got together, I would describe her as quite a ‘Stepford Wife.’ She would bake cookies and take his shoes off after work. It was all quite odd,” she recalled.

“Knowing Amber was this confident feminist, it was strange she was behaving quite subservient, like a nice little housewife-type role. [But] that was all in the beginning – that would change quite quickly.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475May 16, 2022 2:13 AM

[quote]People around the world are rallying for Johnny Depp.

I generally don't believe people are paid to post on DL but this kind of thing makes me question whether it's true. The constant drumbeat of multiple accounts saying the same thing -- everyone in the world loves him, he's going to be successful in all endeavors forever -- is just really peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 476May 16, 2022 2:20 AM

[quote]Depp has the best bot generated online support money can buy.

The ones on Twitter are not the best, they're hilariously bad, profiles full of people saying "I have a degree in psychiatry AND medicine" who post videos of "body language experts" and say that it's a "proven scientific fact."

by Anonymousreply 477May 16, 2022 2:22 AM

^in that page six interview with Gina Dueters, Gina said at the wedding on Johnnys island ambers dad said to AH “honey this is all yours now”…wow…the rotten apple didn’t fall far from the tree!

by Anonymousreply 478May 16, 2022 2:49 AM

Body language “experts” are so lame. It’s not a science you can actually get a degree in.

by Anonymousreply 479May 16, 2022 2:51 AM

R478 apparently her dad was doing drugs with Depp and is an alcoholic too. Her mother has substance abuse issues too. So yeah.

by Anonymousreply 480May 16, 2022 2:52 AM

I know one thing for sure, I won’t ever watch another movie with either one of these idiots.

by Anonymousreply 481May 16, 2022 3:19 AM

Her cross examination is going to be absolutely brutal. So bad I think I’ll skip it and just follow along here

by Anonymousreply 482May 16, 2022 8:11 AM

Amber nags and henpecks, until drug-addled Johnny loses his mind and yells at or bitch-slaps her. Then, within a millisecond, she turns from a relentless harridan into a helpless damsel-in-distress and proceeds to call and text all her friends. This is how I read her.

by Anonymousreply 483May 16, 2022 12:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484May 16, 2022 12:36 PM

It's interesting that people have lost the plot with this trial. Heard is accused of "destroying him", but he's the one who slapped her with a suit. Is there two more weeks of this shit fest?

by Anonymousreply 485May 16, 2022 1:34 PM

R485, why did you use "IS" there two more weeks vs "ARE" there two more weeks? I see this happening in all parts of speech-written and spoken and I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 486May 16, 2022 4:28 PM

[quote]r486 I see this happening in all parts of speech, written and spoken, and I don't know why.

Some people have been slapped. Viciously. It affects posting and grammar. Not always for the best.

by Anonymousreply 487May 16, 2022 5:28 PM

I am absolutely bombarded on YouTube with pro-Depp, anti-Heart videos.

by Anonymousreply 488May 16, 2022 7:38 PM

^^^ Heard

by Anonymousreply 489May 16, 2022 7:39 PM

This attorney doing the cross is not coming across well. She's too angry.

by Anonymousreply 490May 16, 2022 7:53 PM

Agree, R490. She seems green. And nervous.

by Anonymousreply 491May 16, 2022 8:00 PM

Amber is handling it well.

by Anonymousreply 492May 16, 2022 8:01 PM

She's more likable so far in cross than she ever was in direct. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 493May 16, 2022 8:03 PM

Ms. Heard looks quite beautiful on the stand today, like a Hitchcock heroine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494May 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Alfred Hitchcock's "The Heards"

by Anonymousreply 495May 16, 2022 8:16 PM

LOL r495

by Anonymousreply 496May 16, 2022 8:17 PM

Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Turds.”

by Anonymousreply 497May 16, 2022 8:26 PM

^^ there was just 1, you muckraking bastard!

by Anonymousreply 498May 16, 2022 8:30 PM

I sure hope Johnny's atty circles back around to the poopoo. It's the only really notable thing about this conflict.

by Anonymousreply 499May 16, 2022 8:32 PM

She's withering under cross-exam.

Johnny's lawyer is doing a good job: woman to woman.

by Anonymousreply 500May 16, 2022 8:33 PM

[quote]I sure hope Johnny's atty circles back around to the poopoo. It's the only really notable thing about this conflict.

Yes. Certainly not the rape allegations.

by Anonymousreply 501May 16, 2022 8:35 PM

I think this lawyer is like 10% too cunty.

by Anonymousreply 502May 16, 2022 8:41 PM

Inconclusive, IMO, whether AH was snorting coke in court. Looks like she was plugging up one nostril in order to take the hit with the other nostril. Then, it did look like she was brushing away crumbs and trying to look like "nothing happening here." Still, I can't say for sure.

by Anonymousreply 503May 16, 2022 8:43 PM

Jesus christ. It's like Q-central here.

She's not fucking snorting cocaine from the stand.

by Anonymousreply 504May 16, 2022 8:45 PM

I don't think the lawyer is being too cunty.

Amber was really really sensitive when answering questions from her team.

Amber seems rather firm while withstanding a degree of firmness from this other lawyer.

Why is Amber so suddenly ... non-hormonal. Like she can withstand sifting so many old memories.....??????

by Anonymousreply 505May 16, 2022 8:49 PM

That female attorney is a catty little bitch, lol.

by Anonymousreply 506May 16, 2022 9:23 PM

The lawyer is doing a very good job about Amber capturing photos of Johnny incapacitated.

But for some nonsense reason, Amber couldn't come up with any photos as the result of Johnny beating her with his ring-covered fingers.

And Amber has wasted all this time before a jury without any evidence.

Amber really sucks.

Johnny was more open ... and more charming answering Amber's lawyers' questions.

by Anonymousreply 507May 16, 2022 9:33 PM

Just as I thought, no pictures of her injured. She's a lying whore-

by Anonymousreply 508May 16, 2022 9:35 PM

Amber is a total liar. Pants on fire. Jussie Smollet was a billion times more convincing than Amber.

by Anonymousreply 509May 16, 2022 9:35 PM

Johnny’s loyal fans in court (click on pic to see the full glory.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510May 16, 2022 9:46 PM

oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 511May 16, 2022 10:02 PM

R510, the girl in yellow is taking a much-needed nap. Chewing and swallowing is exhausting!

The man in pink is thinking: "Wait a minute...this isn't the guy who played Iron Man..."

by Anonymousreply 512May 16, 2022 10:06 PM

R510 christ on a cross. Lock up the courthouse and set it on fire

by Anonymousreply 513May 16, 2022 10:33 PM

Who knew Johnny Depp had such hard-core fans. However, look at these women and then look at Amber Heard. He would never, ever date any of those women (or any similar-looking woman). Those women look old enough to know better.

by Anonymousreply 514May 16, 2022 10:36 PM

R514 I mean, some of them are spending thousands to sit in the courthouse when they could watch it for free on YouTube.

"Knowing better" doesn't appear to be a theme for them. I'm a bit shocked none of them have tried to rush forward and kiss Johnny or attack Amber

by Anonymousreply 515May 16, 2022 10:39 PM

[Quote] and more charming answering Amber's lawyers' questions.

And that's all that matters 🙄

by Anonymousreply 516May 16, 2022 10:42 PM

So, it would be different if rhe courtroom was filled with models?

by Anonymousreply 517May 16, 2022 10:43 PM

R515 He turned around to wave at them on his way out of court today and they jumped up and down cheering and squealing with delight. It’s really quite a spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 518May 16, 2022 10:43 PM

R518 is there video?

by Anonymousreply 519May 16, 2022 10:47 PM

His fraus are all fat, homely and barren. Amber is an annoying wench. No one wins here but the bot farm Depp's paid to spam his bullshit PR.

by Anonymousreply 520May 16, 2022 11:01 PM

[R510] What on earth is that thing in yellow and why is it sleeping in a courtroom?!

by Anonymousreply 521May 16, 2022 11:03 PM

It used to be The Man in the Yellow Hat, R521.

It ate Curious George and the Hat.

by Anonymousreply 522May 16, 2022 11:07 PM

Things that make you go o_O - Heard told the court that her sister Whitney taught Depp to snort cocaine with a tampon applicator.

by Anonymousreply 523May 16, 2022 11:26 PM

SUCH a wholesome family. The cross-examining attorney used to drink sooo much diet coke.

by Anonymousreply 524May 16, 2022 11:37 PM

Earlier today, around midday, the Atlantic or Daily Beast had a long-winded piece by some woman journalist, totally sympathetic to poor Amber's current plight in just standing up for what's right in this case, and trying to reveal her truth. When I looked at it, the story (which I did not read more than a smidgen of) already had 1,036 comments, and EVERY ONE that I read was saying indignantly that the piece was full of lies, things which could be verified as untrue, either plainly factually, or that Amber herself had made statements contradicting things the author was claiming. EVERY COMMENT. The story is now *gone*, just nowhere to be found. ???

by Anonymousreply 525May 16, 2022 11:43 PM

R521 the next Mrs Depp!

by Anonymousreply 526May 16, 2022 11:45 PM

R519 It happened at the end of the livestream today. You’re missing out if you don’t watch these. That snippy little cross-examining attorney is trying to goad Amber into losing her shit in front of the jury. It’s an intentional strategy by his team, I’m sure of it.

Tomorrow will be really interesting. She’s just getting warmed up.

And that item that R523 caught is juicy. Why would AH just volunteer that on the stand? She really is a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 527May 17, 2022 1:36 AM

[quote] The lawyer is doing a very good job about Amber capturing photos of Johnny incapacitated. But for some nonsense reason, Amber couldn't come up with any photos as the result of Johnny beating her with his ring-covered fingers.

Gee maybe cause he was INCAPACITATED. Harder to take photos when some rampaging asshole who just hit you is around.

These are not the best arguments you are making.

by Anonymousreply 528May 17, 2022 1:47 AM

Interesting that Kathleen Zellner, one of the most respected attorneys in the US is tweeting pictures of women who actually have been beaten. I believe she is or will be part of Johnny's team if there is an appeal.

As to the donations, boy is Amber stupid. She could never have afforded $7 million in donations, lawsuit or not. Amber should have said I am donating 10% or 25% and gotten goodwill by actually giving the money and calling it a day. The moron said Elon Musk's donation had nothing to do with her obligations as well.

by Anonymousreply 529May 17, 2022 2:02 AM

R529 The point was that $7m was what Depp gave her and she said she would donate that. So she could afford it. She is working, she has her own income. But I agree that she was stupid to say that she would donate it if she really wanted to keep it.

by Anonymousreply 530May 17, 2022 2:17 AM

His insane fans are flooding his daughters social media, DEMANDING she support him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531May 17, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote]r527 Why would AH just volunteer that on the stand?

She’s being honest?

by Anonymousreply 532May 17, 2022 2:24 AM

She couldn't afford it, or those organizations would have the money. Amber got her money 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 533May 17, 2022 2:25 AM

R533 so why didn't she give it to them when she got the money? Also, Depp wanted to pay ACLU directly. He even made a partial payment. But she didn't want him to do that either.

by Anonymousreply 534May 17, 2022 2:27 AM

Amber hired some big shot PI to dig dirt up on Johnny, and all he could find was that Amber's dad ran a dog fighting ring. A real sick family.

by Anonymousreply 535May 17, 2022 2:34 AM

[quote][R527] Why would AH just volunteer that on the stand?

I've noticed she likes to throw other people under the bus, as long as it's not her. She also blamed her lawyers for leaking stories to the press.

by Anonymousreply 536May 17, 2022 2:38 AM

Please, she doesn't even know where all her photos are. She gave them to her attorneys. "It's not my job".

by Anonymousreply 537May 17, 2022 3:00 AM

R526 did someone say [italic]dreams[/italic] ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 17, 2022 3:34 AM

I’m watching it on YouTube and his lawyer is so annoying, saying “Objection!” every 5 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 539May 17, 2022 4:14 AM

DL isn’t that into this no mo apparently

by Anonymousreply 540May 17, 2022 5:20 AM

If DLers are bored of this, the Vardy vs. Rooney (Wagatha Christie) trial is a good one too.

by Anonymousreply 541May 17, 2022 5:24 AM

We need to all write in to the court and inform them we require a verdict, now.

No one has time for this!

by Anonymousreply 542May 17, 2022 5:46 AM

Her Dr. Evil jacket though!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543May 17, 2022 6:06 AM

She looked fab today.

by Anonymousreply 544May 17, 2022 6:12 AM

In R510 photo of the audience, I counted seven men (and fifteen women). Are those men fanbois?

by Anonymousreply 545May 17, 2022 6:17 AM

Judging from appearances, R545, a couple of them might be hiding from loan sharks.

by Anonymousreply 546May 17, 2022 6:20 AM

Apparently the testimony of Ms. Deuters (excerpted at r428( has been struck in it's entirety.

by Anonymousreply 547May 17, 2022 6:30 AM

R528, you are missing the point!

AH couldn't come up with ANY photos — as the result! — of Johnny beating her.

Depp's lawyer found plenty of day-of photos from red-carpets after Johnny "broke" AH's nose... Which AH says, "A little makeup conceals everything!'

AH: "I produced all the photos. And I'd love to show them to the jury. That's not my job!" [then after landing that snot-pint, Amber did her best Kayleigh McEnany chin toss.]

Depp's lawyer is also doing a good job about the never-donated $7 million. Amber gets steamy hot and shows her subtle growl-face when trying to defend the stipulated $7 million donation that was never donated.

by Anonymousreply 548May 17, 2022 11:25 AM

R531 Amber's fans are also harassing Lily and Vanessa and leaving awful comments on their posts.

by Anonymousreply 549May 17, 2022 11:48 AM

Heard Stans really are more batshit than those women in the gallery at the JD trial.

by Anonymousreply 550May 17, 2022 12:40 PM

I haven't had this many trolls on ignore for a LONG time.

DL is becoming like a game of Whac-A-Mole.

by Anonymousreply 551May 17, 2022 12:48 PM

They are in court now. Link is to the live video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552May 17, 2022 1:09 PM

R550 tell me another one 🤣

by Anonymousreply 553May 17, 2022 1:14 PM

This little pittbull lawyer is so annoying with her messy long hair and ridiculous white leisure suit. She looks so unprofessional. I guess they are going to the lawyer happy hour later so she can make eyes at the bartender.

by Anonymousreply 554May 17, 2022 1:31 PM

She's a liar.

by Anonymousreply 555May 17, 2022 2:06 PM

I took it with a big grain of addict salt. Heh. She's much smarter than some of her roles would have you believe. You go gurl.

by Anonymousreply 556May 17, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote]r555 She's a liar.

And what about him?

by Anonymousreply 557May 17, 2022 6:18 PM

Any interesting tidbits from today?

by Anonymousreply 558May 17, 2022 7:56 PM

Some trans man is on the stand and said that Depp told him he felt like he was falling in love with him (the trans man) after they first met.

by Anonymousreply 559May 17, 2022 7:59 PM

How did things end with Amber's testimony? Twitter says she was caught lying but I take anything there with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 560May 17, 2022 8:13 PM

^ I watched the entire thing and I think that is spin. It ended just as it began, very tedious and uneventful. You can watch it for yourself on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 561May 17, 2022 8:17 PM

Any favorable bots Depp has paid for aside, I fear what’s resonating with the average American online is that he’s a beloved star via the hugely popular Pirates of the Caribbean movies. People loved those movies and so they love him, and simply can’t see him as being in the wrong. It violates their faith, their history.

It’s sad and sick, but that’s how most people operate.

by Anonymousreply 562May 17, 2022 8:25 PM

Trans man? Whaaaaa?

Anybody got a link to a clip?

by Anonymousreply 563May 17, 2022 8:42 PM

Raquel Pennington is already the most likable witness. She isn't taking any shit from the female attorney

by Anonymousreply 564May 17, 2022 9:05 PM

Trans man's name is IO Tillet. He's some sort of writer/photographer who is semi-famous maybe.

by Anonymousreply 565May 17, 2022 9:07 PM

Donald Trump posted on social media about the case. It's the first time he's been right about anything

Has anybody been watching the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial? What a lovely couple! First of all, Johnny sued her for writing an article in a tiny "outlet" that practically nobody read, because he didn't want to get bad publicity. How did that work out? She countersued for $100 million. The charges are many & salacious, the nicest of which is that she threw a bottle at him and it took off his finger - she must have a Sandy Koufax type arm. Will they get back together and live happily in PEACE?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 17, 2022 9:40 PM

Have you ever noticed that a lot of rich people always have to have lots of other people around them?

by Anonymousreply 567May 17, 2022 9:42 PM

I assumed Trump would be a Depp supporter. Because, you know, they share a penchant for raping their wives.

by Anonymousreply 568May 17, 2022 9:45 PM

Johnny's female attorney exposed so many lies, it was embarrassing . Amber was so poorly coached. You never answer questions that aren't asked, which is Rule #1.Or answer rudely.

I'm watching on Court TV, and there wasn't one commentator that thought Amber was credible.

Of course, I'm sure Johnny paid off Court TV too 🙄

by Anonymousreply 569May 17, 2022 10:51 PM

Court TV is practically unwatchable b.c. they are always interrupting with their commentary.

by Anonymousreply 570May 17, 2022 10:53 PM

In any case, I was surprised no one from Court TV had a decent word for Amber's testimony.

by Anonymousreply 571May 17, 2022 10:57 PM

R556, what are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 572May 17, 2022 11:07 PM

They both have freakshows for friends. But that makes sense considering they’re both freaks.

by Anonymousreply 573May 17, 2022 11:13 PM

[quote]Some trans man is on the stand and said that Depp told him he felt like he was falling in love with him (the trans man) after they first met.

I was at work and this testimony was so boring it made me want to actually do my job. I knew he was not credible when this weirdo wanted us to believe that he likes pussy.

by Anonymousreply 574May 17, 2022 11:27 PM

[quote]Some trans man is on the stand and said that Depp told him he felt like he was falling in love with him (the trans man) after they first met.

Nothing he says can be taken seriously after making this claim. Sounds like everyone involved in this trial is full on delusional.

by Anonymousreply 575May 18, 2022 12:19 AM

Does the judge seem lesbionic to anyone else? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 576May 18, 2022 12:36 AM

Yes, but she's married with 4 children. She has a conservative background though (Scalia Law) so I wouldn't be shocked if she's closeted.

by Anonymousreply 577May 18, 2022 12:41 AM

Also, she used to be a marine.

by Anonymousreply 578May 18, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote] Interesting that Kathleen Zellner, one of the most respected attorneys in the US is tweeting pictures of women who actually have been beaten. I believe she is or will be part of Johnny's team if there is an appeal.

LMAO. Um. no. She is not one of the most respected attorneys in the US. She is a celebrity lawyer. She is also a celebrity chaser.

Those tweets were rightfully called out by other lawyers & victim advocates. That was incredibly sleazy and probably unethical for her to do. She is part of Depp's team but she isn't disclosing it.

I mean seriously what kind of lawyer mocks one of the parties in a suit involving DV when she really doesn't know the truth if their relationship. She may believe Depp but she wasn't there. Lawyers can rarely know the truth - they just either believe their client or they don't.

That she is continuing to tweet supportive bullshit praising a Depp lawyer as if that is somehow Truth, just shows this woman has questionable ethics. U suspect she really likes money and fame.

by Anonymousreply 579May 18, 2022 12:53 AM

Actually, maybe you don't like her, but she is very well respected and does plenty of work pro bono.

by Anonymousreply 580May 18, 2022 1:00 AM

Amber's goose = cooked 🍗🔪

by Anonymousreply 581May 18, 2022 1:05 AM

What are lawyers saying about how they think this is going? Anyone got some good analysis?

by Anonymousreply 582May 18, 2022 1:08 AM

She will lose. Testimony today wasn’t good for her. She was caught in multiple lies. Amber Stans just don’t want to face facts that she is a fucking cluster B shit show. Johnny Depp isn’t a pilar of the community, but he isn’t a rapist and a wife beater. She has zero proof.

by Anonymousreply 583May 18, 2022 1:23 AM

While I hope Johnny gets some justice, I think the jury is sick of both of them.

But of the two, she's more despicable: Overly combative, evasive and lacking credibility.

But these scumbag lawyers leaching off this moment with their sanctimonious objections and wasting time. No one got murdered....

I still think Johnny Depp might be fun dude as he ages.

And will maybe start getting more Jack Nicholson parts.

by Anonymousreply 584May 18, 2022 1:34 AM

Honestly, he could lose and still get work. America loves him… dirty looking gremlin though he is.

I just hope he batters someone on his next set (he’s already assaulted one crew member) and Disney or whoever is left with egg on their face.

by Anonymousreply 585May 18, 2022 1:40 AM

In what universe does someone wear a white suit to court? But I think she did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 586May 18, 2022 2:10 AM

R473

Yes, R471 is hilarious and I've had her blocked for a while.

She actually came up with this Eastern bloc zinger: "Your mother put meat on your body so that the dog would play with you, because no one else would."

Lives in a one room concrete tower block in Bulgaria sipping vodka all day

by Anonymousreply 587May 18, 2022 2:14 AM

I’m watching todays events and I don’t understand why the judge hasn’t intervened and reprimanded AH for dancing around questions that just need a simple “yes” or “no” and instead gave long-winded answers to make herself look better.

by Anonymousreply 588May 18, 2022 2:30 AM

Put that messy lawyer hair up in a bun and wear a crisp little suit. So slack.

by Anonymousreply 589May 18, 2022 2:37 AM

5 out of the 8 jurors are Asian.. Probably because they're more likely to not care about celebrities? Kind of amusing.

by Anonymousreply 590May 18, 2022 2:37 AM

R590 That’s ridiculous. Asia - especially Japan and China - are huge entertainment markets.

by Anonymousreply 591May 18, 2022 2:41 AM

R591 White celebs? Like, Bollywood is huge in India. I was just speculating, it could be coincidence of course.

by Anonymousreply 592May 18, 2022 2:48 AM

[quote]That’s ridiculous. Asia - especially Japan and China - are huge entertainment markets.

This might shock you and you probably won't believe this, but this trial is in America

by Anonymousreply 593May 18, 2022 2:51 AM

The attorney looks fine- who cares about her suit or hair? Her skill is impressive. She caught that grifter in multiple lies.

Amber's attorney had many chances to object- if she was awake.

by Anonymousreply 594May 18, 2022 2:54 AM

There are rumors that Amber isn't happy with her legal team now. Noticeably not interacting with them and hugging them like she was earlier on in the trial. When the judge told her she could sit next to her attorney, she got the hell out of there and didn't even stand for the jury which is technically contempt of the court (but won't be enforced).

by Anonymousreply 595May 18, 2022 2:57 AM

[quote] Actually, maybe you don't like her, but she is very well respected and does plenty of work pro bono.

Respected by whom?

Please don't be fooled by "pro bono" work. For celebrity lawyers that's part of the career game.

by Anonymousreply 596May 18, 2022 3:17 AM

Heard damned herself. She danced around the op-ed questions. Why? If what she alleged about Depp is true then there is no need to worry about defaming him. She refused to own anything, which tells me she likely made it all up out of malice, rather than being a survivor who is sharing her story.

by Anonymousreply 597May 18, 2022 3:21 AM

What will torpedo Heard is the total lack of visible evidence or proof that she was abused/battered. The photos do not match her wild stories, nor do the medical professionals she saw (or didn’t see.) She has nothing to back up her claims. Depp will win.

by Anonymousreply 598May 18, 2022 3:26 AM

Heard took pics of everything except her defecation in the bed and evidence of bodily injury from domestic abuse.

by Anonymousreply 599May 18, 2022 3:54 AM

Do we have a next thread started yet?

by Anonymousreply 600May 18, 2022 4:03 AM

R476

I wrote that comment. For what it's worth., I 'm not a bot or a paid shill. I am not even saying that I agree with the public swell of support. This is just what I am observing, consistently -- the world is behind Johnny. People aren't just questioning Amber's stories -- they are demonizing her. "Evil" is the word I've seen used the most to describe Amber in comments all over the web. People want Johnny back, period. So masses of people are willing to two-dimensionalize a complex situation in order to fast-track his absolution. Not saying it's rational, not saying it's fair. But this is what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 601May 18, 2022 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!