Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Depp Vs Heard part 2

Other thread is almost full and hard to load .

by Anonymousreply 572May 4, 2022 5:10 PM

I wonder what their sex life was like ? I would imagine his drug abuse messed with his dick

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2022 5:25 PM

Ewww r1 nobody wants to imagine that

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2022 5:36 PM

I have sufficient r1

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2022 7:26 PM
by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2022 8:00 PM

I've been following the trial closely and it sounds like JD was so fucked up on drugs and booze that there wasn't time to fuck sufficiently.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2022 8:14 PM

To sum it up: their marriage was a drug-fueled disaster from day one. This entire trial has been hilarious so far, I can’t wait until the beady-eyed bed-shitter takes the stand next week.

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2022 8:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2022 9:01 PM

He's charming.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2022 9:17 PM

I'm obsessed by this trial. I haven't had one grab me this way since Jodi Arias.

Regarding their sex life, in the last audio they played yesterday (the one where he was pleading for Amber to cut him, like a teen listening to My Chemical Romance) he told the housekeeper to leave because there were was semen on the pillows.

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2022 10:43 PM

They're both cunts, but Johnny should have cut his losses a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2022 11:20 PM

Brad Pitt is watching this and sweating because it so easily could have been him on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2022 6:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2022 6:47 AM

Why did they have to ask him so many times about the penis he painted on a painting? Why did he bother to deny it and say "Ms. Heard could have painted that penis." It's so silly.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2022 8:04 AM

She gifted him that knife. Why would you gift your so called abuser a knife? This trial is definitely entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2022 9:01 AM

Why does Elton get involved with so many fuckups?

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2022 9:08 AM

R11, Brad is suing Angelina for Miraval and he requested a trial by jury. So we will see them next.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2022 9:47 AM

My recent comments on the previous thread are disappearing. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2022 9:53 AM

R17 did you put yourself on ignore by accident?

by Anonymousreply 18April 23, 2022 9:57 AM

R18 I think I did! Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 19April 23, 2022 9:58 AM

Three things get on my nerves when I watch this:

The way Johnny says "Ms. Heard". He says it so quickly, and the fake accent sounds especially pretentious here.

The spontaneous smile that lasts less than one second.

His mustache. He needs to lose it. He's gilding the lily that is his handsome face.

by Anonymousreply 20April 23, 2022 10:51 AM

R16 I didn't know that about Brad and Angie re: Miraval. Also perhaps Angie will have a trial in Va. soon as she is allegedly anonymously suing the FBI for dismissing her abuse charges against Pitt on that flight that landed in Minn. What a bunch of showboating stunt queens.

by Anonymousreply 21April 23, 2022 2:07 PM

Angie and Johnny both have borderline personality. Johnny is far more dark though . He’s a satanic bastard

by Anonymousreply 22April 23, 2022 2:11 PM

Brad has every right to sue that lemon puckered cunt face over the french chateau. She completely robbed him. I loathe Jolie.

She killed her pets too. Psychopath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 23, 2022 2:19 PM

So what he called Vanessa a cunt. People call their partners all sorts of things, especially in the throes of a divorce. It doesn't mean anything in the context of the battle against Heard.

by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2022 6:23 PM

For once and fucking all, will you stop saying Depp was married to Vanessa Paradis? THEY WERE NEVER MARRIED.

by Anonymousreply 25April 24, 2022 6:25 PM

[quote]It doesn't mean anything in the context of the battle against Heard.

Why not? Seems it means an awful lot.

by Anonymousreply 26April 24, 2022 8:45 PM

What time tomorrow does the trial resume? 9:00?

by Anonymousreply 27April 24, 2022 9:22 PM

This trial is free entertainment for weeks for anyone with the internet! Nice of Johnny and Amber to fund it with lawyer fees and what's left of their careers and reputations.

by Anonymousreply 28April 24, 2022 10:51 PM

I want to see some trash documentaries about the mess this relationship was

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2022 12:38 AM

The one smart thinking Amber did was taking the Molly at her wedding timed with walking down the aisle, so it would be fully kicking in by the time the dance reception began. The sheer amount of drugs those two consumed is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2022 1:01 AM

Bump for second thread

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2022 2:01 AM

Amber’s attorney is Mr. Rottenborn. Hell of a name.

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2022 2:38 AM

Johnny looks like he’s very ill

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2022 2:54 AM

In that text to Paul Bettany, he admitted to not sleeping for days, doing coke, drinking redbulls n vodka, champers...I wonder how long he's been doing this.

he's gonna die very soon.

by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2022 3:34 AM

I just want to roll my eyes at all the "poor Johnny, he's been through so much".

All the Amber shit aside, the man has lived a blessed life most people can't even dream of and he chose to torch it. I lost all sympathy after the Rolling Stone piece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2022 3:44 AM

R34, that "champers" quote makes me laugh every time. Depp trying to take on the Hunter S. Thompson persona:

“Drank all night before I picked Amber up to fly to LA this past Sunday … Ugly, mate … No food for days … Powders … Half a bottle of Whiskey, a thousand red bull and vodkas, pills, 2 bottles of Champers on plane,” Depp wrote in the text.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2022 3:55 AM

R36 his affected way of writing is also like a Edwardian-dandy time traveller.

by Anonymousreply 37April 25, 2022 4:32 AM

He's LOVING the attention. He seems elated when asked to read one of his own texts.

by Anonymousreply 38April 25, 2022 4:45 AM

I still like Johnny and hope the no Disney stuff means some decent movies.

Amber Turd is a nasty dyke.

by Anonymousreply 39April 25, 2022 4:49 AM

Johnny killed River Phoenix in a roundabout way.

by Anonymousreply 40April 25, 2022 5:07 AM

he said he's been doing drugs since age 11. He took his mother's nerve pills. what the fuck is that?

by Anonymousreply 41April 25, 2022 7:11 AM

Ativan, Valium?

by Anonymousreply 42April 25, 2022 7:21 AM

Agree, r38, you can see him trying to hide smiles all the time. The first time I peeked in on the trial, he was trying not to smile about the poop found in the bed, even though he was trying to make it sound as though he found it disgusting and upsetting. I think he is having an absolute ball right now.

by Anonymousreply 43April 25, 2022 7:43 AM

R39 Bisexuals are not dykes

by Anonymousreply 44April 25, 2022 8:20 AM

R39- homophobic women hater

by Anonymousreply 45April 25, 2022 11:49 AM

Johnny Depp knows his legacy is fucked so he is spending his remaining dollars publicly humiliating the evil blonde lesbian who took him down. It would be sad if it weren’t so typical.

by Anonymousreply 46April 25, 2022 12:03 PM

R15 forgot about the Axl & Elton thing. Not a good look for Dame Elt to pal around with the most vicious known serial abusers of women...

Axl has been very quiet this last decade, has his borderline calmed all the way down?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 25, 2022 12:10 PM

I also noticed how much Depp is loving the attention. Little smirks, going for laughs here and there. He's clearly missed being the star of the show despite his "man of the people" persona.

by Anonymousreply 48April 25, 2022 12:14 PM

Depp should do a Charlie Chaplin dance as he strolls into the court room.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2022 12:18 PM

Elton John seems to be the Forrest Gump of everybody, living and dead, in show business.

I half-expect to find out he was an usher at the wedding of Tiny Tim and Miss Vicky.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2022 12:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2022 12:39 PM

JOHNNY WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 52April 25, 2022 12:40 PM

Livestream:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 25, 2022 1:07 PM

Harry should watch this trial, that’s his future.

by Anonymousreply 54April 25, 2022 1:35 PM

HERE'S JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 55April 25, 2022 2:09 PM

Depp rocking another Men’s Wearhouse two sizes too big suit today. Greasy slicked-back ponytail too. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 56April 25, 2022 2:27 PM

Depp is pseudo-intellectualism embodied.

by Anonymousreply 57April 25, 2022 2:29 PM

Depp LOVES every minute of this.

by Anonymousreply 58April 25, 2022 2:31 PM

This is honestly the most entertaining thing that I have watched in a while. Both are a hot messes.

by Anonymousreply 59April 25, 2022 2:39 PM

He sounds like he's slurring

by Anonymousreply 60April 25, 2022 2:43 PM

The gallery is cracking me up. 100% middle-aged fraus except for one lone guy. They’re all whispering to each other and laughing like they’re at the movies or something.

by Anonymousreply 61April 25, 2022 2:59 PM

Is he really saying "What species of meeting?" and "Deviate from our agreement"?

He ... is ... INSUFFERABLE.

by Anonymousreply 62April 25, 2022 3:04 PM

Honestly he looks like he's holding in a very stinky fart.

by Anonymousreply 63April 25, 2022 3:09 PM

Heard looks like she should be cast as Grace Kelly: The Undertaker's Wife

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2022 3:11 PM

Whatever did or didn’t happen, she’s absolutely right in saying he’s a fat boring old man.

by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2022 3:12 PM

Yes r65

by Anonymousreply 66April 25, 2022 3:15 PM

People were saying that Amber was putting on a miserable face, but I truly believe she is 100% miserable there, watching her entire career get flushed down the toilet while listening to that old guy in a bad suit drone on and on while acting like he's the most entertaining raconteur around.

by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2022 3:17 PM

This line of questioning is HILARIOUS

by Anonymousreply 68April 25, 2022 3:37 PM

Depp is gonna lose it soon LOL.

by Anonymousreply 69April 25, 2022 3:39 PM

Hope so

by Anonymousreply 70April 25, 2022 4:09 PM

Does anyone have a non court tv stream? Not sure they’ll be any different, but much of it is silenced/redacted.

by Anonymousreply 71April 25, 2022 4:13 PM

Yes, NBC is live-streaming it on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 72April 25, 2022 4:17 PM

Thanks, R72!

Heard looks much better/less puffier today than she did last week. Depp, too, actually.

by Anonymousreply 73April 25, 2022 4:18 PM

I watched some of the live stream last night. It seemed to me he is being fed lines through an earpiece although I could not see one. There were so many pauses, it was like he would listen to something then answer, listen some more and talk some more, etc. He is addled out of his gourd.

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2022 4:19 PM

Who the hell emails Elton John to call Vanessa Paradis a French extortionist ex-cunt?

The same guy who believes his mother his worthy of a Tennessee Williams heroine.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2022 4:33 PM

Depp is intoxicated on the stand . He is at a point where he hast to have the drugs and booze in his system just to be normal

by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2022 4:37 PM

If this were SVU, Olivia Benson would insist he be breathalysed.

by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2022 4:56 PM

I'm changing my opinion on this trial. I think the jury actually likes Johnny. The plaintiff table would be closer, physically, to the jury box b/c plaintiff has the burden of proof. Amber's far away, looking sour.

Johnny is actually keeping his temper under control & being entertaining. Yes, he probably is enjoying his time on the witness stand w/the cameras.

Amber can't go full-glam, but she looks dry and powdery and like a middle-aged Grace Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2022 6:03 PM

If Johnny Depp wins this trial because Amber doesn't moisturize, our legal system is in worse shape than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2022 6:11 PM

I can't believe more people can't see through his "I was poor, helpful victim of this vile, evil woman" shtick.

by Anonymousreply 80April 25, 2022 6:34 PM

^^^ helpless

by Anonymousreply 81April 25, 2022 6:43 PM

"It confounds me."

by Anonymousreply 82April 25, 2022 6:51 PM

Everyone is star-struck by him, I am very surprised how he is allowed to drone on and on without the judge trying to even attempt to rein in his testimony.

by Anonymousreply 83April 25, 2022 7:13 PM

It’s worth remembering that the judges and juries who heard Oscar Wilde’s cases laughed at all of his jokes, too. It didn’t help him one bit.

by Anonymousreply 84April 25, 2022 7:33 PM

If I had to pick with whom of the two I would like to be stuck in an elevator, I'd pick Depp. At least he wouldn't shit in it while we wait for the rescue.

by Anonymousreply 85April 25, 2022 7:38 PM

The butler said she drank two bottles of wine a day. Some people do not drink well.

by Anonymousreply 86April 25, 2022 8:00 PM

Refreshing to have someone who answers each question in under five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 87April 25, 2022 8:13 PM

This is the Cliff's Notes version of JD's testimony. I call that he'll win. He's got the courtroom laughing. He's got these people in the palm of his hand. Heard's lawyer is out of his depth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 25, 2022 8:24 PM

Even if Depp “ wins “ his life is dust and ashes . He’s on his way out

by Anonymousreply 89April 25, 2022 9:04 PM

What kind of acting work is left for him? Who would hire him?

by Anonymousreply 90April 25, 2022 9:30 PM

Everyone thought he’d win the UK case too, no?

by Anonymousreply 91April 25, 2022 9:41 PM

Did I read that right?

by Anonymousreply 92April 25, 2022 10:13 PM

I was busy and didn't watch today

by Anonymousreply 93April 25, 2022 11:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 25, 2022 11:18 PM

The court also heard a dramatic phone call between Heard and Depp that he told the court took place some time between May and July 2016.

In the audio Heard challenged Depp to take her to court to see who would believe him if he claimed to be a victim of domestic abuse.

Depp said: 'It's got to stop.'

A tearful Heard said: 'I don't know how to get my reputation back.'

Depp said: 'We write a letter together saying we're going to take this out of the public eye, saying that the media has created such a hateful storm that it's sickening, that we love each other and that we're going to make sure each other is okay.'

Heard said: 'You have no idea. Every ounce of credibility has been taken from (me) and done so in a dishonest way.'

Depp says: 'The abuse thing, we've got to deal with that….why did you put it out there?

Heard screams: 'I did not! You forced me to. Your team forced me to by going on the offense. I promise. Look up the timeline.'

Heard appears to give up trying to persuade him and says: 'Forget it. You don't believe what I say. I did not choose this.'

Depp responds: 'I did not put this anywhere. Let me talk to the f**king team.'

Heard appears to address their final argument before the divorce on May 21, 2016, when she claims he hit her with a phone.

Heard says: 'I did not call the cops. I did not give them any statement, I was trying to protect you…the last time it got crazy between us I really thought I was going to lose my life'.

Looking back at their fights, Depp says: 'I lost a f***ing finger. I had a can of mineral spirits thrown at my f**king nose'.

Heard replies: 'Tell people it was a fair fight and see what the jury and judge think. Tell the world I, Johnny Depp, a man, am a victim of domestic violence and see how many people believe or side with you.'

Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez read the line back from Heard about her saying he should go to a judge and jury and claim he was a victim of domestic violence.

Vasquez asked Depp what he told Heard in response.

Depp said: 'I said yes, I am.'

Earlier in the day Vasquez questioned Depp about how it felt when the op-ed Heard wrote about abuse was published in the Washington Post.

He said: 'Hurt. A blinding hurt. It was like somebody had hit me in the back of the head with a 2x4 and as it said, I had no ability to speak prior because even if I'd done an interview it turned into a hit piece.

'My mouth was shut and this was the opportunity where I thought something's got to be done, I couldn't take it any more.'

According to his contract that was submitted into evidence, Depp earned $25million for his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Depp said he was shocked when Disney dropped him from the franchise four days after Heard's piece came out.

He said: 'I didn't quite understand how after that long relationship and quite a successful relationship certainly for Disney that suddenly I was guilty until proven innocent.'

But Depp said that ultimately he soured on Disney and felt that there was 'a very deep and distinct sense of having been betrayed.'

There was laughter in court as Depp struggled to name the other franchises he was in beyond Pirates.

Depp said Alice in Wonderland but struggled and said: 'Boy.'

He said: 'I'm so pathetic when it comes to knowing what movies I've done. I feel better not watching them. What was the question again?'

At that point Depp's supporters laughed loudly in court

Judge Penney Azcarate said: 'Order in the court or I will have you removed.'

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2022 11:19 PM

It's depressing how many people I know are diehard Depp stans. Bitching about it on DL anonymously is one thing, but I so don't care about every armchair psychologist I apparently know.

One of my friends wrote a 6 paragraph treatise on how she knows Amber is a monster and Johnny is an innocent lamb because she herself had an abusive mother.

They both need to hurry up and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2022 12:18 AM

Howard Stern: ‘Narcissist’ Johnny Depp is ‘overacting’ in Amber Heard trial

Howard Stern branded Johnny Depp a “huge narcissist” and called him out for “overacting” in his ongoing defamation trial against ex-wife Amber Heard.

“The reason he wanted that on — he wanted it televised [because] that’s what narcissists do,” the shock jock said Monday on his SiriusXM radio show while discussing of Depp’s highly publicized legal battle with Heard, per Mediaite.

“They think they can talk their way out of anything,” Stern, 68, continued. “I think Johnny Depp is a huge narcissist and what I mean by that is — he figured, ‘I’ll put this on TV and because I’m so persuasive and because I’m so smart, I’m such a wonderful guy.’”

The former “America’s Got Talent” judge then accused Depp of putting on a show.

“I’ll play you some clips from the Johnny Depp trial. If he isn’t acting — I mean, he’s so overacting because he’s writing his own material as he goes along,” he continued. “You know, I gotta tell you, he’s wrong. He shouldn’t be putting this on TV in any shape.”

Depp, 58, is suing Heard, 36, for defamation after she alluded that their relationship was allegedly abusive in an op-ed piece written for The Washington Post in 2018. The case has been livestreamed via various platforms since April 11.

Stern also opined that Depp and Heard sound like “two battling children” — and predicted that their respective careers can’t be saved no mater the outcome of the trial.

“That’s what narcissists do, [they say], ‘I will charm the pants off of America at the trial.’ No you won’t! This will not go well,” he said. “It’s not going well for you, it’s not going well for her. It’s not going well for anybody.”

Stern also poked fun at Depp’s perplexing accent.

“First of all, his difficulty in speaking the English language is fantastic…And the accent. First of all, isn’t he from like the South of the Midwest? Johnny Depp was born in Kentucky,” he said of the Owensboro native. “Does that sound like a guy from Kentucky?”

Depp’s cross-examination concluded April 25. Heard has not yet testified yet, though she is scheduled to do so in the coming days.

Depp and Heard finalized their divorce in January 2017 nearly two years after trying the knot in a private ceremony on the “Cry Baby” actor’s private island in the Caribbean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2022 12:50 AM

What *is* his accent?

by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2022 1:02 AM

Pseudo-intellectual Pompous Assian, r98

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2022 1:03 AM

R98, in another DL thread, someone posted that it's Hunter S. Thompson's accent / way of speaking. Depp played HST in a movie. I've read a couple of HST books but have not seen the movie. However, that sounds plausible that he has adopted or affected that way of speaking.

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2022 1:08 AM

He looks like such a douche with that greasy ponytail and pornstache. And those cheap poorly fitted suits. Just nasty.

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2022 1:12 AM

Hunter S. Thompson wore nasty shaded lenses as well. I don't understand the appeal of those.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2022 2:15 AM

So Paradis spent five hours talking to him about his drinking and Lily Rose doesn’t speak to him because of it and he still denies that he is an alcoholic?

Selfish fucking loser

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2022 2:54 AM

R40 Everyone knows it was John Frusciante from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2022 3:02 AM

R104, Johnny helped cover it up

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2022 3:17 AM

Howard Stern got it in one.

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2022 4:02 AM

ugh

The trial heard audio of conversation between them AFTER 2016 divorce in which Amber says: 'Tell people it was a fair fight and see what the jury and judge think. Tell the world I Johnny Depp, a man, am a victim of domestic violence and see how many people believe you'

by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2022 4:16 AM

So, he was recording her, too, then.

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2022 4:24 AM

What's this about his daughter not talking to him?

by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2022 4:26 AM

Ben King who was manager of the Australia house where Depp's fingertip was sliced off said that he flew back to Los Angeles with Heard where she admitted to him: 'Have you ever been so angry with someone you just lost it with them?'

King said that Heard became 'incredulous' when he said no and that they didn't really speak after that until they landed.

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2022 4:26 AM

How many of us can even imagine to spend an afternoon or luncheon with either of these two? We'd try to be polite enough, yet we'd wonder.

by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2022 7:57 AM

[quote]Howard Stern got it in one.

Who cares what a misogynistic shock jock POS thinks about anything? Stern's been a pig his whole career and, from headlines I've seen this past year, he's just trying to detract from anyone really looking into all the vile stuff he's said for decades (and made millions doing it). Blech!

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2022 7:59 AM

[quote]The trial heard audio of conversation between them AFTER 2016 divorce in which Amber says: 'Tell people it was a fair fight and see what the jury and judge think. Tell the world I Johnny Depp, a man, am a victim of domestic violence and see how many people believe you'

This really says it all. I hope Johnny Depp wins this.

by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2022 8:00 AM

R113 we don't.

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2022 8:03 AM

My boyfriend at the time worked on a movie with him (I'm a straight female) and Johnny was very nice to everyone on the set and crew. I met him and he was very nice to me. I'm biased.

by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2022 8:08 AM

Johnny has his business affairs in order now, a movie to film this summer and money enough to live like a king the rest of his life

Amber is a two bit WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 116April 26, 2022 8:29 AM

Oh please! yes, she's a whore...he's a fucking hopeless drug addict who doesn't think he has a problem at his old age. he ain't that much better.

by Anonymousreply 117April 26, 2022 8:47 AM

He claims she puts out cigarettes on him. He's on tape begging her to cut him. He loves pain. Maybe he asked her to put the cigarettes on him too. who knows?

by Anonymousreply 118April 26, 2022 8:50 AM

[quote]Everything had been taken from me.

It hadn't. We've seen this a million times before. If he'd done the standard PR thing of laying low, then giving a heartfelt and regretful interview, and admitted even just a little tiny thing, i.e. "we were in a mutually destructive relationship," and gotten a haircut and maybe a few cavities filled, he'd have been FINE.

[quote]My children couldn't escape the fact all this had gone down.

I am TIRED of him bringing up his kids constantly. If Amber was doing this, everyone would be having entire litters of kittens in rage about it. Johnny does it and it's "aw poor fella." Those kids were living with Vanessa at the time, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 119April 26, 2022 9:09 AM

"I'm a straight female on a gay board and I hope Johnny Depp wins! He was totally nice to me because I totally met him once!"

Who the fuck even bothers saying this shit? What do you think you're accomplishing here?

by Anonymousreply 120April 26, 2022 9:10 AM

[quote]she admitted to him: 'Have you ever been so angry with someone you just lost it with them?'

That's not an admission, that's a rhetorical question.

by Anonymousreply 121April 26, 2022 9:10 AM

R121 Why be incredulous when he said no if it wasn't?

by Anonymousreply 122April 26, 2022 9:18 AM

It's not an admission. It's a rhetorical question. We don't know who she was referring to. She could have meant Depp was so angry at her that HE lost it.

King said she had scratches on her arms, she'd been crying hysterically, and she didn't want to leave Depp when he went to the hospital once they found the tip of his finger. Depp also told his doctor HE was the one who cut the tip of his finger off.

Again, it was a rhetorical question, not an admission.

[quote]Heard lawyer J. Benjamin Rottenborn read text messages from Depp to his personal physician, in which he said “I cut the tip of my finger off.”

[quote]Visibly annoyed, Depp said “it’s just the way it was worded,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 26, 2022 9:25 AM

R123 She's admitted in audio herself to hitting Depp so we know that it wasn't a rhetorical question anyway.

by Anonymousreply 124April 26, 2022 9:27 AM

Why are you so angry, R120? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2022 9:31 AM

Depp admitted in writing that he cut his own finger off. That doesn't count as an admission, according to you.

You sure have some weird criteria about what counts as an admission and what doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2022 9:31 AM

You answer me first r125 and I'll answer you. What are you accomplishing here by telling us that you're a straight female who wants Johnny Depp to win this case?

by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2022 9:33 AM

Also, R120, I didn't say that I hope he wins because he was nice to me, I said I hope he wins after quoting what Amber Heard had said to him.

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2022 9:33 AM

I said I was a straight female so that my story about meeting him would make sense, R127. No other reason.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2022 9:35 AM

You said you were "biased" because he was "very nice" to you. It's right there in r115, I wasn't making it up.

Anyway, what I said at r120 wasn't me being mad, it was expressing irritation, mostly because "I knew someone who worked with him once, he was very nice, I hope he wins" is the same kind of boring old fangirl or paid bot comment we've been seeing all over social media for years now. You hear it every time there's some polarizing entertainment case like this, and it's been repeated constantly during these Depp lawsuits. It's the most boring, useless kind of "winning in the court of public opinion" comment there is.

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2022 9:48 AM

[quote]You said you were "biased" because he was "very nice" to you. It's right there in [R115], I wasn't making it up.

Yes I said that. What I meant was that I'm biased in my view of this case in general. When I said that I hope he wins, I was motivated by the quote from Amber which I interpreted to mean that she seemed to be almost taunting him in saying that he wouldn't be able to tell the truth publicly because no one would believe him. That sounded arrogant and manipulative to me.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2022 9:53 AM

R130, I posted R20 last Saturday, so I'm clearly not a fangirl or paid bot. In fact, I've never been a true fan of any actor or actress and don't have that kind of personality at all.

Anyway, I understand how you read my posts and hopefully my explanations can help diminish the irritation. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2022 9:58 AM

She says "tell people it was a fair fight" after he says he lost a finger in one of their fights, as if it was her fault, yet he has told his doctor in writing that HE CUT HIS OWN FINGER OFF.

That completely recontextualizes her "fair fight" comment into one where she's saying fine, tell people I cut your finger off even though you cut it off yourself, then told your own doctor you did it to yourself, and see who believes you.

Yes, she's absolutely taunting him with the idea that men who are victims aren't believed, and that's vile, but no one said she was a good person. Still, you cannot ignore the fact that Depp said he cut his own finger off, and when he mentions the finger, that's when she says no one will believe you.

[quote] In the audio Heard challenged Depp to take her to court to see who would believe him if he claimed to be a victim of domestic abuse.

[quote]Depp said: 'It's got to stop.'

[quote]A tearful Heard said: 'I don't know how to get my reputation back.'

[quote]Depp said: 'We write a letter together saying we're going to take this out of the public eye, saying that the media has created such a hateful storm that it's sickening, that we love each other and that we're going to make sure each other is okay.'

[quote]Heard said: 'You have no idea. Every ounce of credibility has been taken from (me) and done so in a dishonest way.'

[quote]Depp says: 'The abuse thing, we've got to deal with that….why did you put it out there?

[quote]Heard screams: 'I did not! You forced me to. Your team forced me to by going on the offense. I promise. Look up the timeline.'

[quote]Heard appears to give up trying to persuade him and says: 'Forget it. You don't believe what I say. I did not choose this.'

[quote]Depp responds: 'I did not put this anywhere. Let me talk to the f**king team.'

[quote]Heard appears to address their final argument before the divorce on May 21, 2016, when she claims he hit her with a phone.

[quote]Heard says: 'I did not call the cops. I did not give them any statement, I was trying to protect you…the last time it got crazy between us I really thought I was going to lose my life'.

[quote] [bold] Looking back at their fights, Depp says: 'I lost a f***ing finger. I had a can of mineral spirits thrown at my f**king nose'.

[quote]Heard replies: 'Tell people it was a fair fight and see what the jury and judge think. Tell the world I, Johnny Depp, a man, am a victim of domestic violence and see how many people believe or side with you.' [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2022 10:03 AM

Glad some experts countered this claim:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2022 10:10 AM

Will Amber take the stand today?

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2022 10:30 AM

Why are these fools falling over each other to protect Depp? He’s vile. Depp didn’t want a wife he wanted a sparring partner, these two got off on hurting each other and he is obviously still obsessed. Bizarre. Let.it.go.

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2022 11:09 AM

[quote] Visibly annoyed, Depp said “it’s just the way it was worded,”

So this loser is also a victim of his own use of the English language?

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2022 12:47 PM

Listening to this line of questioning ... Heard's attorney is not very quick on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2022 2:22 PM

Wait -- is this Depp's attorney or Heard's?

by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2022 2:31 PM

Ignore my comment at r138 -- it was Depp's attorney.

Heard's attorney, who is questioning the witness now, is more competent.

by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2022 2:37 PM

R139 your confusion is understandable.

Depp incriminates himself even when he's responding to his own lawyer. I watched much of the trial thus far (on YouTube on repeat) and he has done this throughout. He can't even remember things his own lawyer is asking him about. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2022 2:47 PM

Will this trial wrap up before 2028?

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2022 3:08 PM

Depp is off the stand and they have a psychologist testifying now. I think she was their couples therapist. She's very impressive.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2022 3:12 PM

I think it is scheduled for another month. I am hoping they will throw it out before that for some reason. Maybe Depp's sunglasses will catch on fire.

by Anonymousreply 144April 26, 2022 3:12 PM

^You stop that talk! This trial is giving my celebrity gossip-loving ass a new lease on life!

by Anonymousreply 145April 26, 2022 3:40 PM

R143 She actually said that Heard has borderline personality disorder and this: "Oftentimes, people with Borderline Personality Disorder will use physical abuse. They then self-harm and threaten to use the legal system to keep their partner from leaving." O_O

by Anonymousreply 146April 26, 2022 4:16 PM

BPD is characterized by nine signs and symptoms. To be diagnosed, a person must meet at least five of the following:

Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment

Unstable and chaotic interpersonal relationships, often characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation, also known as "splitting"

Markedly disturbed sense of identity and distorted self-image

Impulsive or reckless behaviors (e.g., impulsive or uncontrollable spending, unsafe sex, substance use disorders, reckless driving, binge eating)

Recurrent suicidal gestures or self harm

Intense or uncontrollable emotional reactions and rapidly shifting between different emotional states

Chronic feelings of emptiness

Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger

Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms

by Anonymousreply 147April 26, 2022 4:22 PM

I’m in northern Virginia and wish I could catch a glimpse of them but don’t want to stand around the courthouse.

by Anonymousreply 148April 26, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote] threaten to use the legal system to keep their partner from leaving

It's weird then that she left the relationship so quickly while HE has been using the legal system to keep them in constant contact for years.

by Anonymousreply 149April 26, 2022 4:42 PM

I would die if all of this psych stuff was being exposed about me on the World stage. Not only is her career done for but now she’s not even going to be able to land another sugar daddy!

by Anonymousreply 150April 26, 2022 4:43 PM

How ironic when the good therapist discussed looking good to get attention with her dyed blonde hair.

by Anonymousreply 151April 26, 2022 4:46 PM

I know I'm going to be the only one saying this and that's fine, but if she really does have a diagnosis of BPD, and they just revealed that to the world as part of what's obviously a punitive lawsuit designed to ruin her reputation out of revenge, that seems seriously unethical to me.

by Anonymousreply 152April 26, 2022 4:47 PM

r151 a psychology professor friend once told me that the higher one rises in academia, the greater the chances they have traits of sociopathy. (I'm sure the dynamic isn't exclusive to academia, though. Rising in any capacity usually means stepping over others, which is easier if you're empathy deficient.)

by Anonymousreply 153April 26, 2022 4:49 PM

Psych also said that she diagnosed Amber with histrionic personality disorder.

The current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM 5, defines histrionic personality disorder (in Cluster B) as:

A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention

interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior

displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions

consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self

has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail

shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion

is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances

considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

by Anonymousreply 154April 26, 2022 4:51 PM

r152 you're not alone. The whole line of questioning felt kind of gross to me, for a lack of a better term.

And so what if Amber has BPD? (Yes, I know, per DL "BPDs are EVIL!!!") But they can still be victims of domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 155April 26, 2022 4:51 PM

R153 that explains a lot of my professors. I didn't care for this therapist, she was too confident which possibly ties into what you are saying about sociopaths. Personally I think Heard has to have some kind of PTSD as a diagnosis coming from her background.

by Anonymousreply 156April 26, 2022 4:53 PM

I'm still surprised that histrionic personality disorder -- which has been called an inherently sexist diagnosis by more than one expert -- found its way into the DSM-5.

by Anonymousreply 157April 26, 2022 4:53 PM

They found a fancy way to call women hysterical screaming shrews and dress it up with clinical language. It is a pathologizing label.

by Anonymousreply 158April 26, 2022 4:56 PM

r156 I had to step away and didn't watch all of her testimony. But something about the way she kept addressing the jury was off-putting to me.

Interesting she was educated at Pepperdine. When I was in high school, one of our school counselors was a Pepperdine grad. He more or less advocated for conversion therapy. (He didn't frame it as such, but even at the time I knew that's exactly what he meant.) It has a reputation as a rather conservative university.

by Anonymousreply 159April 26, 2022 4:56 PM

I felt the same way R159. I know nothing about Pepperdine but that doesn't surprise me. Those kind of whackjobs never go away, they just find places to flourish.

by Anonymousreply 160April 26, 2022 5:00 PM

R47, Elton is probably their sobriety/AA sponsor or recovery coach.

Most famous people get sponsored by other famous people, just like most non celebrities get sponsored by non celebrities.

There’s crossover, sure, but it’s how it goes for the ones who are A-List in entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 161April 26, 2022 5:12 PM

I'm assuming we'll be hearing what she diagnosed Depp with?

by Anonymousreply 162April 26, 2022 5:15 PM

[quote]I'm still surprised that histrionic personality disorder -- which has been called an inherently sexist diagnosis by more than one expert -- found its way into the DSM-5.

I mean... I'm not surprised, really, but like someone else already said, this is a fancy way of saying "women get hysterical." In both Histrionic and BPD, there are no clear clinical guidelines for diagnosis, and they are both also frequently genetic.

This is maybe not the slam dunk testimony Johnny fans are going to think it is. Cross examination with their own psychiatrist who brings up both of those points (and more) could backfire on him. We'll see, I think it's possible that he has a jury of people who think "mental illness = bad person" which is what he seems to be relying on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 26, 2022 5:21 PM

I love seeing fraus screaming that "she would've killed him if he hadn't left"

Um...she's the one who filed for divorce

by Anonymousreply 164April 26, 2022 5:30 PM

Isn’t some kind of HIPPA or ethics violation to discuss details of therapy and dx in a public setting? This trial seems so absurd. Johnny ‘holding court’, smirking, getting laffs…

by Anonymousreply 165April 26, 2022 5:46 PM

[quote] Maybe Depp's sunglasses will catch on fire.

Those are tinted reading glasses. I noticed that he put them on when Heard's attorney asked him to read something.

by Anonymousreply 166April 26, 2022 5:58 PM

I really dislike the smugness of Dr. Shannon Curry

by Anonymousreply 167April 26, 2022 5:59 PM

Is this female therapist board certified??

by Anonymousreply 168April 26, 2022 5:59 PM

Yes r168

by Anonymousreply 169April 26, 2022 6:00 PM

I'm guessing both Depp & Heard waived privilege (& HIPAA) w/regard to the couples therapist.

by Anonymousreply 170April 26, 2022 6:00 PM

This therapist is VERY pleased with herself.

by Anonymousreply 171April 26, 2022 6:03 PM

^ She is not THEIR therapist. She is the psychologist hired by Depp as an expert. This is bananas. I can't believe they are putting all of this out there.

by Anonymousreply 172April 26, 2022 6:03 PM

This line of questioning is delivering!

by Anonymousreply 173April 26, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]She is not THEIR therapist. She is the psychologist hired by Depp as an expert.

What the fuck

Is this true? How can this even be allowed? If this doctor never examined Heard then how can she diagnose her?

by Anonymousreply 174April 26, 2022 6:12 PM

Heard's attorney has grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 175April 26, 2022 6:13 PM

Holy shit, she's just Johnny's hired expert, she never even talked to Amber, she just looked at case records.

This is unbelievable. I cannot believe this is even allowable as testimony.

[quote]A clinical and forensic psychologist testifying on behalf of Johnny Depp told jurors on Tuesday that she believed Amber Heard had borderline personality disorder. Dr. Shannon Curry, who has worked in the field for about 15 years and focuses on couple’s therapy, testified in Fairfax County Court on Tuesday that Depp’s team asked her to provide an expert opinion in the defamation case between the actors about whether she found evidence of “intimate partner violence” from when the two were married. Curry said she conducted an at least 12-hour psychological evaluation of Heard during two sessions in December 2021, reviewed case documents, medical records, and recordings of the pair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 26, 2022 6:14 PM

It's really fishy that there was documentation (I don't remember what they called it specifically) stating Curry would testify that Heard displayed symptoms of BPD/HPD almost a full year before Curry examined her. Curry has made it clear she didn't write that document, but somebody did.

by Anonymousreply 177April 26, 2022 6:14 PM

I forgot the most important sentence at R176:

[quote]The doctor—who did not evaluate Depp, and never saw Heard as an actual patient

by Anonymousreply 178April 26, 2022 6:15 PM

R176 she met with Amber and conducted a psychological assessment.

by Anonymousreply 179April 26, 2022 6:15 PM

So "Curry said she conducted an at least 12-hour psychological evaluation of Heard during two sessions in December 2021" means she met with her? But the doctor "never saw Heard as an actual patient" so I'm not understanding what those sessions were. Just 2 six-hour interviews with her, or something?

by Anonymousreply 180April 26, 2022 6:19 PM

Jesus Christ, do keep up. Heard was not the doctor's patient. She interviewed Heard because she is being used as an expert witness in this fucking trial!

by Anonymousreply 181April 26, 2022 6:21 PM

R180 yes, a psychological evaluation would imply they met. “Didn’t see Heard as a client” means Amber didn’t seek out this evaluation. Depps lawyers did.

by Anonymousreply 182April 26, 2022 6:22 PM

Dr. Curry has resting smug face and it's kind of hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 183April 26, 2022 6:23 PM

I can't see a way back to big films for Johnny. The man has outlined how he has to employ a massive staff just to prop him up like Weekend at Bernie's.

by Anonymousreply 184April 26, 2022 6:26 PM

regardless, if you think that personality disorders do exist, it's fairly obvious that Heard would meet the criteria for BPD and histrionic PD just from the stuff that is being said about her and the audio.

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2022 6:27 PM

Heard’s (female) lawyer is growing on me too. Only likable person in that room

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2022 6:28 PM

Dial it back, R181, you said yourself "I think she was their couples therapist" just a few minutes ago. You're where we all got the erroneous information from in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2022 6:29 PM

According to abc.com, this therapist is NOT board certified.

by Anonymousreply 188April 26, 2022 6:35 PM

She's not. She has a doctorate and an MA in pharmacology, but is not board certified.

by Anonymousreply 189April 26, 2022 6:37 PM

The shrink’s hair is all messy! Wtf

by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2022 6:37 PM

Her hair looks so unprofessional. Depp likes his women blonde and hot.

by Anonymousreply 191April 26, 2022 6:38 PM

It’s not a violation of HIPPA— therapists have to disclose before they start therapy/assessments that in certain legal situations the client’s information won’t remain private.

Most therapists working in a private practice setting will fight to keep their records safe and will try to get out of testifying in a case because they don’t want to be dragged into a mess like that. As a forensic psychologist, this lady clearly doesn’t mind getting up on the stand because it is literally her job is to be hired like this to write up a report and testify about it like this.

I just saw R188 and R189 after I typed the above— how is she able to call herself a forensic psychologist if she’s not licensed to do so? I’m confused.

by Anonymousreply 192April 26, 2022 6:39 PM

R189 Pharmacology is wrong. She has doctorate and a post grad degree in Clinical Psychology. What counts as 'board certified'? Because I'm reading that the American Board of Professional Psychology counts that for board certification?

by Anonymousreply 193April 26, 2022 6:42 PM

R192 she's a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in forensic work, making her a forensic psychologist. There's not a specific license or certification she's required to get to call herself one. A psychologist who works with kids can, by the same logic, call themselves a child psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 194April 26, 2022 6:43 PM

r193, if you look at her website, her credentials are listed as "PsyD, MSCP." The latter acronym stands for "Masters of Science in Clinical Pharmacology."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 26, 2022 6:45 PM

So many people posting here who don't check basic facts before they post..

by Anonymousreply 196April 26, 2022 6:45 PM

You must be new here r196 ...

by Anonymousreply 197April 26, 2022 6:46 PM

R195 No.. look that up again. It's not pharmacology. It's psychology. Check the facts.

by Anonymousreply 198April 26, 2022 6:47 PM

R198 omg, it is pharmacology. From the "credentials" section of her page:

"Dr. Curry earned her Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Clinical Psychology at Pepperdine University. She also holds a postdoctoral Master of Science degree in Clinical Psychopharmacology (MSCP) from Alliant University, making her one of a handful of psychologists nationwide with eligibility for prescriptive authority in military jurisdictions. "

by Anonymousreply 199April 26, 2022 6:49 PM

She charges some hefty fees.

by Anonymousreply 200April 26, 2022 6:50 PM

It's HIPAA, not HIPPA.

by Anonymousreply 201April 26, 2022 6:51 PM

Psychopharmacology is still a psychology degree. Likely researching what drugs work best for what psychological disorders.

by Anonymousreply 202April 26, 2022 6:52 PM

She's board certified in Hawaii, I believe.

[quote] Certificate: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PsyD) & Post-Doctoral M.S. in Psychopharmacology (MSCP)

[quote] Certificate: Hawaii Board of Psychology / PSY-1404

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 26, 2022 6:56 PM

Okay, I guess I was wrong, she said she was not board certified.

[quote]Dr Curry said she was not board-certified and that she has never testified about violence between partners previously. Dr Curry said she was interviewed at Mr Depp’s house by his legal team and that Mr Depp was present at the time, and that dinner and drinks were served.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 26, 2022 6:57 PM

R202 It’s a degree in pharmacology of psychotropic medications. You do training under a medical doctor for the purpose of prescribing psych meds. You do not do any practical training under a psychologist or mental health professional. After certification you can prescribe appropriate meds to your clients under someone else’s medical license.

by Anonymousreply 205April 26, 2022 6:58 PM

Before this trial, I thought Amber was the bad guy and Johnny was the besotten victim (along with horrid addictions). Now, I see him as either just as bad as she is, or worse - and his addictions mostly irrelevant to this travesty of a relationship (and hers, for that matter, if she has any). Two crazy people, both with multiple personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 206April 26, 2022 6:59 PM

Johnny looks like he's going to go smoke some opium with the Chinamen in his den later.

by Anonymousreply 207April 26, 2022 6:59 PM

R199, Alliant University? It's a for-profit school, and admits about 67% of its applicants. I don't think DL would approve.

by Anonymousreply 208April 26, 2022 7:12 PM

R205, that also makes her testimony questionable. I thought it was well-known that BPD and histrionic personality disorder cannot be treated with drugs, so her expertise, such as it is, would not come into play.

by Anonymousreply 209April 26, 2022 7:18 PM

You can treat symptoms of personality disorders with drugs.

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2022 7:27 PM

Many experts suggest no drug treatment for BPD< and there is no drug treatment for Histrionic.

This is all on Wikipedia and easy to look up.

It IS really weird that someone who does not do expert testimony and whose specialty is in psychological pharmacology is testifying about someone who has two disorders that are often not treated with drugs at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 26, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote]The UK's National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) in 2009 advises against the use of medication for treating borderline personality disorder, recommending that they only be considered for comorbid conditions. A Cochrane review from 2006 arrived at the same conclusion, but a 2010 update found that some pharmacological interventions (second generation antipsychotics, mood stabilisers and dietary supplementation with omega 3 fatty acids) might provide beneficial effects. However, the authors warned that total BPD severity is not significantly influenced by any drug and that the evidence generated by the review was based on single study effect estimates. No promising results were available for the core BPD symptoms of chronic feelings of emptiness, identity disturbance and abandonment.

by Anonymousreply 212April 26, 2022 7:32 PM

[quote]Treatment is often prompted by depression associated with dissolved romantic relationships. Medication does little to affect the personality disorder, but may be helpful with symptoms such as depression. Treatment for HPD itself involves psychotherapy, including cognitive therapy.

by Anonymousreply 213April 26, 2022 7:33 PM

Jeez, r212 was from the Wikipedia article on BPD and R213 was from the Histrionic Personality Disorder entry. I forgot to include that part, sorry, distracted with work.

by Anonymousreply 214April 26, 2022 7:34 PM

Her having an MSCP doesn't mean her expertise is exclusive to disorders treated with drugs. Personality disorders are often mistaken for either Bipolar Disorder or a combo of anxiety and depression (both of these have ben alluded to in court today, even). So a provider who is an expertise in anxiety or Bipolar Disorder may end up getting a decent amount of exposure to PDs and then become an expert of sorts in them. Curry seems to specialize in trauma and works with a lot of military clients, or at least that's what her website says.

Personality disorders are controversial in the field. A lot of my professors didn't believe in them as diagnoses.

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2022 7:39 PM

In a situation like this one where we're pretty clearly looking at drug and alcohol use as an exacerbating factor, and where both halves of this couple could very well be dealing with their own separate mental illnesses, personality disorders and past traumas, I don't know how ethical it is to have an inexperienced psychologist who isn't board certified get up and testify that Heard is bipolar, based on reading paperwork and having two interviews with her.

I was particularly put off by the whole "administrative violence" thing, which she worded in a way to make it seem like, if Johnny had hit Amber, it was because she started the fight first and then "got harmed herself," which is a weasel way to say "he hit her back."

[quote]"One of the most common tactics that they’ll use is actually physically assaulting and then getting harmed themselves, but mostly, we call this ‘administrative violence.’"

That's all this expert was brought in for, to plant the idea in the jury's mind that, even if Johnny did hit her, it was her fault, she got harmed through "administrative violence" and not domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2022 8:00 PM

SO therapist what is the point of slapping labels on people? Convenience? Tie-in to psychiatrists? Money? Just the nature of the beast?

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2022 8:21 PM

We're now on the plaintiff's (Depp's) case in chief. After that, we'll see defense's (Heard's) case. I'm guessing Heard will have an "expert" (psychological) testify as well.

I'm guessing the qualifications of the experts has already been dealt with in pre-trial motions / hearings. It's up to the jury to decide how much, if any, of the testimony they want to consider as fact.

by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2022 8:31 PM

R216, so "Heard was asking for it?" Did this witness actually argue that? I've only seen the term "administrative violence" used to mean threats to invoke the police or the legal system against someone.

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2022 9:35 PM

The doctor's hair is disgusting. Like, over-the-top bad. Someone throw a claw clip at her!

by Anonymousreply 220April 26, 2022 9:45 PM

She looks like she once starred in a White Snake video

by Anonymousreply 221April 26, 2022 9:46 PM

R147, thank you! Fits JD to a T

by Anonymousreply 222April 26, 2022 10:07 PM

Didn't anyone see The Verdict, where Paul Newman hires a doctor as an expert witness about the coma mom and is surprised when he is black and 400 yrs old? Some people with qualifications work solely as expert witnesses. A few from the OJ case made the rounds in later high profile trials like Cyril Wecht and Henry Lee.

For a psychologist I think you only need to be board certified if you practice counselling on patients. To testify or write books or research you don't need this.

by Anonymousreply 223April 26, 2022 10:23 PM

Depo is paying millions to destroy Heard. This isn’t about salvaging his reputation (puke) it is about leaving Heard with nothing.

by Anonymousreply 224April 26, 2022 11:22 PM

R224 which is pointless if she's still friends (with or without benefits) with Elon.

by Anonymousreply 225April 26, 2022 11:25 PM

Johnny Depp passed out on private island beach in front of kids, testimony reveals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226April 26, 2022 11:30 PM

Tara Roberts got paid 10k a month to manage his house in the private island! What a great job!!!

and of course she's on his payroll, she's gonna be on his side.

by Anonymousreply 227April 26, 2022 11:31 PM

R217 insurance companies required a diagnosis for reimbursement in most cases. They’re a means to an end, a tool to justify medical necessity.

by Anonymousreply 228April 26, 2022 11:45 PM

How many properties does Depp own? He sure pissed it all away .

by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2022 11:51 PM

R229 a fuckton. The Rolling Stone article has a breakdown. I know he sold his places in DTLA after that, not sure what else.

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2022 11:54 PM

Wow, that's an amazing white sand beach w/clear water at R226. His own private island in the Bahamas! I'd be tanned as hell.

by Anonymousreply 231April 27, 2022 12:29 AM

What's the point of having that private island and all the lux properties? He's too fucked up and wasted to enjoy them half the time...

by Anonymousreply 232April 27, 2022 12:49 AM

Yahoo finance has his net worth at 150 million currently. Wonder how close to the truth that is. He made 650 over his career.

by Anonymousreply 233April 27, 2022 1:00 AM

This guy makes Youtube videos of the trial daily. They get MILLIONS of views (11M for this one.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 27, 2022 1:01 AM

R232 the man had 5 penthouses in 1 DTLA building and bought an entire cul de sac in the Hollywood Hills. It's insane, unless you're a landlord.

by Anonymousreply 235April 27, 2022 1:05 AM

I don't get the extreme, near-pathological hatred for Heard that so dominates the interwebs.

by Anonymousreply 236April 27, 2022 1:05 AM

R172, agreed.

This is absolute insanity.

This is the kind of shit no one in their right mind wants out there in the public sphere.

Unbelievable.

As the Chinese proverb goes… dig 2 graves, etc.

by Anonymousreply 237April 27, 2022 1:06 AM

R236 it's a number of things, I would say including that she's a woman, that she's not a beloved figure like he is/was, and the complete lack of nuance that has come to define the modern era. There can be no shades of grey. Someone must be EVIL and the other person must be PURE.

by Anonymousreply 238April 27, 2022 1:15 AM

And the fact she fucked their idol and they never will.

by Anonymousreply 239April 27, 2022 1:17 AM

R239 definitely that too. The fraus in the audience and outside the courthouse are scarier than anything on the tapes.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2022 1:24 AM

[quote]I don't get the extreme, near-pathological hatred for Heard that so dominates the interwebs.

My guess is that quite a few people have grown up with abusive mothers and are (probably subconsciously) relating to what it feels like to be called names and degraded as a child and then allowing other people to treat you that way as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2022 1:28 AM

Plenty of gay men post on female boards an invade female spaces, R120. Spare us the hypocrisy..

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2022 1:52 AM

sorry but I cannot imagine Johnny fucking anyone. He's never been sober. No way that cock is hard after 40 with all the booze and drugs.

That's why he is so jealous of Heard's co-stars. He can't fuck her properly so he thinks other men are doing his job between the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2022 2:57 AM

R243, I always suspected that the most jealous boyfriend/husbands are usually lousy or impotent in sack

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2022 3:01 AM

It's interesting that the pysch said that when she was evaluating Heard for PTSD, Heard answered yes to 19/20 of the first questions which not even extreme sufferers of PTSD would do. She concluded that Heard was lying and faking that.

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2022 3:55 AM

[quote]I'm still surprised that histrionic personality disorder -- which has been called an inherently sexist diagnosis by more than one expert -- found its way into the DSM-5.

Cite me these experts. I'd be shocked if they existed. Which is it that bothers you -- that not all personality disorders are overdiagnosed to men, or that Amber Heard specifically was diagnosed with it?

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2022 4:48 AM

Histrionic personality disorder is common among women who beat their partners.

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2022 5:15 AM

I didn't know that Heard's ex-friend Rocky Pennington (a yoga teacher, not the famous fighter) alleges that Heard hit her in the face out of the blue during a shopping trip. The psych says that borderlines have very strong emotions and can lash out like this if they think that someone isn't meeting their needs.

by Anonymousreply 248April 27, 2022 5:23 AM

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is said to be much more common in men - and in African-Americans (and Latinos, to a lesser extent).

Make of that what you will.

I'm just here to muddy the waters.

by Anonymousreply 249April 27, 2022 5:27 AM

The link for R249

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 27, 2022 5:27 AM

I looked it up and apparently 65% of histrionic diagnoses are given to women. I do think that there's probably bias because women are socially expected to be seductive and call attention to themselves compared to men.

by Anonymousreply 251April 27, 2022 5:30 AM

The DL dykes and manhaters can't deal with how devastating the expert's testimony was. The histrionic disorder isn't even the worst part - the worst one is that Amber Heard was caught lying about having PTSD symptoms. The woman is a total fruitcake. But it was in her basket that they decided to place all their eggs, so there's nothing they can do but hide behind pop feminist criticism of psychiatry to keep their chin up.

by Anonymousreply 252April 27, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote]I do think that there's probably bias because women are socially expected to be seductive and call attention to themselves compared to men.

It's so funny how opposite things can be said to be expected of women depending on the agenda of the speaker. Are women found to be quiet and timid in certain settings? It's social expectations. Are they found to be more attention-seeking and dramatic? Also social expectations.

Is there anything to women's psychology that is not the result of social expectations? Because from the words of the armchair feminists here, I'm starting to think that nature forgot to give women psychological traits of their own - they're just blank slates where men and society place their expectations on.

by Anonymousreply 253April 27, 2022 5:37 AM

R253 Women are absolutely expected to use their sexuality and flaunt it more than men are. I don't think that's controversial.

by Anonymousreply 254April 27, 2022 5:39 AM

Are women expected to use their sexuality, or are they expected to behave chastely and have their sexuality demonized if they show interest in sex? Again, the answer differs according to the agenda of the speaker. I've passed my life hearing the latter, but now I'm hearing the former...

by Anonymousreply 255April 27, 2022 5:46 AM

R255 They are expected to groom, look nice, wear uncomfortable high heels, wear make-up, be attentive to and nice to men. Men are expected to use their business acumen/intellect/strength more in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 256April 27, 2022 6:00 AM

Of course these are generalizations based on pretty traditional roles but I'm just saying that I think it may explain why more women than men get diagnosed with histrionic PD.

by Anonymousreply 257April 27, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote]They are expected to groom, look nice, wear uncomfortable high heels, wear make-up, be attentive to and nice to men.

Except that "grooming and looking nice" is not what psychiatrists look at when they're diagnosing histrionic personality disorder. The large majority of women who "groom and look nice" are not diagnosed with HDP, do you understand that? Nobody in real life, whether it be a psychiatrist or otherwise, will say a woman is being seductive just because she has lipstick on or whatever.

Man, you people are desperate to invalidate this one diagnosis. Is it just because of Amber Heard, or is there more to this story?

by Anonymousreply 258April 27, 2022 7:01 AM

Makes total sense that more men would have NPD and more women would have HPD. Both are two sides of the same coin, separated by old school gender norms.

Narcissism is often about control via perceived power and grandiosity. Traditional male traits.

Histrionics is often about control via attention seeking and manipulation . Traditional female traits.

But I think that will all change over the next decade or so as our genders bleed into each other.

by Anonymousreply 259April 27, 2022 7:20 AM

This website is interesting. The person who wrote the text is a psychiatrist and the article is from a few days ago:

[italic]HEARD'S PAST

Heard’s behavior is consistent with a mixed borderline, narcissistic and histrionic personality disorder. For example, she is extremely emotionally volatile and has abandonment issues. Since Depp’s way of coping with the abuse has been to leave the scene, just like he did as a little boy, this triggered Heard’s abandonment issues, making her even more violent. So, it’s no wonder the abuse escalated.

Heard was arrested in 2009, charged with physically assaulting her then-girlfriend Tasya van Ree at the Seattle airport. Charges were dropped when Ree told the cops they “misinterpreted and over-sensationalized” the incident.

According to Depp’s sister, Heard once called him an “old fat man” and couldn’t believe Dior wanted to work with him on a campaign. Heard allegedly said, “They’re about class and style, and you don’t have style.” Clearly, Heard was jealous of his success.[/italic]

It also has a little on Depp:

[italic]Depp’s sister, Christi Dembrowski, testified at the trial, that their mother, Betty Sue Palmer, physically and emotionally abused their father, Depp and herself while growing up. “We would run and hide…. She would hit us. She would throw things.” These are some of the same forms of abuse that Heard allegedly perpetrated on him.

Neither Depp, nor his father, would ever strike back. Instead, they left the room. [/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 27, 2022 7:47 AM

… it’s amazing that Johnny Depp thinks he will salvage his reputation in ANY WAY by proceeding with the case in the manner he has.

by Anonymousreply 261April 27, 2022 7:58 AM

Didn't the sister also once sweetly say "his money is my money"?

by Anonymousreply 262April 27, 2022 8:05 AM

[quote]Heard once called him an “old fat man” and couldn’t believe Dior wanted to work with him on a campaign. Heard allegedly said, “They’re about class and style, and you don’t have style.” Clearly, Heard was jealous of his success.

I don't really get the alleged logic behind a lot of these blogger and social media commenters. That doesn't sound like jealousy to me. We've been making fun of Sauvage on DL for years now, with plenty of people noticing that the ad campaign had to be done outside as if he were camping to explain why he looks so permanently grimy these days, and everyone has been talking about Depp's noticeable disintegration for a decade or more.

She shouldn't have been hurtful on purpose, obviously, but she's also not wrong. Depp hasn't been pretty and stylish since about the time he played Tonto.

by Anonymousreply 263April 27, 2022 9:23 AM

[quote]The DL dykes and manhaters can't deal with how devastating the expert's testimony was.

Like I've said before, this case has been turned into a political culture war touchstone by the media, especially places like Daily Mail and Fox, which is why so many Depp supporters are far-right MRA homophobes like this shitball right here.

The testimony wasn't devastating as far as we know right now, because the cross was good, plus Amber will have her own experts. If she gets someone who's board certified, has been an expert in civil cases before, and doesn't talk about how they had dinner and drinks with a big celebrity before agreeing to testifying on his behalf, she could do very well.

As far as the PTSD thing goes, I looked up those 20 symptoms of PTSD where the expert said Amber lied and claimed to have 19 of them, and it turns out the list isn't that clinically valuable. The gold standard is a doctor-administered test, not this 20-point self-reporting test.

Also, you rate each symptom as to how severe it is, so if Amber said she had 19 symptoms but they were mild, she might not have even reached the 31-33 score of probable PTSD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 27, 2022 9:34 AM

R263 Alain Delon also did Eau Sauvage campaign, it was also outdoors, and he was barefoot, yet he never was grimy.

by Anonymousreply 265April 27, 2022 9:58 AM

Okay, r265, thanks for the update.

by Anonymousreply 266April 27, 2022 10:03 AM

Why the histrionic personality disorder should not be in the DSM: A new taxonomic and moral analysis

[quote]In this article, I argue for a reconsideration of the taxonomy of the Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD). First, HPD does not carry the negative ethical implications of the other Cluster Bs, which are Anti-Social (ASPD), Borderline (BPD), and Narcissistic (NPD). Using Aristotelian notions of character as a heuristic device, I argue that ontologically HPD is not a personality disorder, but instead a cultural disorder, a result of attitudes toward traditionally feminine styles of interaction. This explains the confusion in the research between HPD and hysteria and also the curious paucity of literature on HPD itself in contrast to the other Cluster Bs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 27, 2022 10:16 AM

Thanks r264.

It's interesting: a lot of the commentary here yesterday was reasonable (by DL standards), even critical of the expert's diagnosis of two PDs. When I woke up, the thread had been inundated with sexists posts like the one you reference. I wonder if this is a trend.

The circus surrounding this trial is the most depressing thing to me. Society really does hate women on a fundamental level.

by Anonymousreply 268April 27, 2022 10:22 AM

No question Jonny is completely self-destructive and will die young. His movie career is over.

However, younger women need to beware of older men. The power balance is all fucked up. I've never understood why women go for men so much older than themselves. Amber has issues.

by Anonymousreply 269April 27, 2022 10:48 AM

[quote]I've never understood why women go for men so much older than themselves.

Really? It's not that hard to understand. Older men (usually) provide a sense of security, stability, and money in a way younger guys do not (or cannot). Not to mention, they feed the ego of the younger woman by telling her she is "wise beyond her years" or other similar lines.

by Anonymousreply 270April 27, 2022 11:03 AM

I am guessing that the ad people did market research and found that Depp would sell Sauvage well. I mean, just look at his hordes of fans after all.

by Anonymousreply 271April 27, 2022 11:09 AM

Sauvage is marketed as a fragrance for the disheveled gentleman, so it's not as though he's a bad fit for the brand, but I also don't know that there's a huge overlap between Depp fans and Sauvage enthusiasts. Seems like two different groups to me.

by Anonymousreply 272April 27, 2022 11:26 AM

I don't disagree that our society is down on women, but I don't think this trial is a great example to illustrate that. Most women don't taunt and try to goad their husband into hitting them back rather than walking away. Most women don't shit in their husband's bed in order to communicate that they're angry they were late to their birthday party. Etc.

Disgust with that behavior doesn't equate to hatred of women.

by Anonymousreply 273April 27, 2022 11:28 AM

R272 admittedly I don't have much of a clue how these things but isn't it usually women who buy a cologne as a gift for the straight men in their lives?

by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2022 11:28 AM

I love how the feminists here are disparaging a woman psychologist who has a PhD in favor of Amber Heard.

But at least we now know why Raquel Pennington is an ex-friend now. Who punches someone in the face during a shopping trip? Amber hit her ex-wife at an airport too so it's not as if she doesn't have a history of doing that either.

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2022 11:35 AM

Is there a YouTube channel that has highlights of the trial? I'd like to watch some of this shitshow, but not 8 hours every day.

by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2022 11:39 AM

[quote]No question Jonny is completely self-destructive and will die young.

Johnny Depp hasn't been young since the Carter administration.

by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2022 11:43 AM

[quote]No question Jonny is completely self-destructive

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 278April 27, 2022 11:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279April 27, 2022 11:57 AM

[quote]Buy yourselves a mirror, you fat butchies.

r279 sounds lovely and completely stable.

by Anonymousreply 280April 27, 2022 12:01 PM

This thread was too normal and calm yesterday, the trolls are showing up today with their "dyke butchie manhater feminist" crap to try to change that.

I don't know why they think Depp is going to look like an innocent angel when his fans are a bunch of homophobic, sexist pieces of shit, but they do.

by Anonymousreply 281April 27, 2022 12:06 PM

R281 Question: do you believe that female on female domestic violence happens?

by Anonymousreply 282April 27, 2022 12:14 PM

[quote]the trolls are showing up today

[quote]I don't know why they think Depp is going to look like an innocent angel when his fans are a bunch of homophobic, sexist pieces of shit, but they do.

Who's the troll, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 283April 27, 2022 12:16 PM

Exactly, r281. Yesterday was a nice respite, but it couldn't last, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 284April 27, 2022 12:40 PM

R284 Question: do you believe Raquel Pennington or Amber? They are both women. So who do you believe when Pennington testified that Amber punched her in the face during a shopping trip. Again, they are both women. So who do you believe?

by Anonymousreply 285April 27, 2022 12:47 PM

Good luck on getting a response, r285. When things get out of their narrative, the fat butchies close themselves up in a cocoon of denial and distractions until it all goes away. They were so happy with how things were like yesterday, with everyone, like a peaceful herd of jolly sheep, walking together in the same direction, agreeing that the HPD diagnosis was just a patriarchal conspiracy to keep all the abused heroines of HERstory in their place. They hope that by just ignoring all dissenting voices that have come IP since then, they can go back to the warm womb-like harmony of yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 286April 27, 2022 12:58 PM

* come IP = come up

by Anonymousreply 287April 27, 2022 12:59 PM

Court TV has taken some of the most damning testimony and saved clips. You also have to put up with their commentary.

I believe the therapist was definitely wined and dined and impressed by Depp. She wanted a nice notch to add to her resume. She was going to give that borderline diagnosis at any cost. She gave Heard two and did her job nicely. She is like a therapeutic ambulance chaser, no credibility there in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 288April 27, 2022 1:07 PM

am fascinated by that the 'dinner and drinks' thing that Amber's attorney brought up seems to have worked so well. Lots of people here seem to see it as a reason to discredit her. I don't know, Depp is famous and would get too much attention if they met anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 289April 27, 2022 1:13 PM

R283, ENOUGH.

You were over on the "Covid IS big. It's the pictures that got small" thread, insisting that I was following you around and stalking you. I didn't know who you were. Once I put you on ignore AS YOU ASKED ME TO DO I saw you were the "I'm a straight female and here's my opinion" on this thread, and the "Trump did a great job managing COVID while Democrats didn't do anything" person on the COVID thread.

I was not following you around, I was disagreeing with you both times and had no idea you were the same person until you pitched a fit about it and called me an evil stalker. All you've done is call me names and demand I put you on ignore.

I put you on ignore at your request, but now you're following me around and calling me names. I guess you thought I wouldn't see it if I had you on ignore? Why don't YOU have ME on ignore, if I'm so awful?

Enough. You're being a creep. Cut it the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 290April 27, 2022 1:15 PM

She was visibly uncomfortable when it was brought up, her perfect poise slipped a bit.

by Anonymousreply 291April 27, 2022 1:16 PM

R291 If I was an academic and faced that kind of questioning I would be discouraged too. Dinner and drinks? Jeez, they think I'm that easily sold, for the price of a dinner and drinks? Can't ask questions about my professional speciality? This kind of thing is what works with the jury?

by Anonymousreply 292April 27, 2022 1:19 PM

I'm sorry, but I didn't get a good feeling from her. She was given a lot of leg room to discuss her credentials, the testing, and I thought the question from Heard's team was fair. Depp sits there looking like the guy who pays someone to break your legs.

by Anonymousreply 293April 27, 2022 1:23 PM

I think it's just one person r289, or I guess two because I agree, but I always think that about any expert witness that seems to have been paid for. It doesn't make any sense to me that the latest accusations on this thread are that those who don't like the psychologist aren't feminist enough. There's so much about this testimony and the psychologist to dislike that there's no reason to bring up feminism, that's totally off-topic, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 294April 27, 2022 2:03 PM

R294 so you think that dinner and drinks is enough to make someone 'paid for'?

by Anonymousreply 295April 27, 2022 2:09 PM

It seems like a major lapse in judgment that she went to dinner with them. I get maybe having to maybe make an exception and have to go to them instead of them coming to you, but why not make that look above-board as possible and make it a meeting during the day, preferably not at personal home but at one of his many other properties and NOT an entire evening and MEAL.

by Anonymousreply 296April 27, 2022 2:09 PM

The psychologist had never given expert testimony before and she's not board certified and I feel like it's possible that she was taken advantage of here.

As far as the feminist accusations go, it seems like the "you fat butchie feminists" poster and the "you're not being feminist enough" poster both showed up at about the same time this morning (r275 and r279, I believe), and I don't think that's a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 297April 27, 2022 2:17 PM

R297 Lol, no, we're different people. And I don't agree with the other poster's petty invective. I think it demeans the argument.

by Anonymousreply 298April 27, 2022 2:20 PM

Exactly R296 . He's been lavishing the female lawyer sitting next to him with smiles , Depp know how to charm. Other threads on youtube are discussing how the therapist was a "rock star". It's sad I've watched so much of this, but I find it fascinating. Another noteworthy tidbit is that the therapist spent a mere twelve hours with Heard. Does that make her an expert? Clearly the other sources she cited were Depp and his team helping her to make her conclusions, along with Heard's "records".

by Anonymousreply 299April 27, 2022 2:21 PM

Reading the things she said to him about Dior and calling him a baby makes me like her more lol

by Anonymousreply 300April 27, 2022 2:28 PM

How come nobody has answered my questions at R282 and R285?

Are you flummoxed? Not able to answer them?

by Anonymousreply 301April 27, 2022 2:31 PM

I don’t know her admitting she was abusive proves that Depp WASN’T abusive.

She never claimed she never struck him and that’s not strictly what is on trial here.

by Anonymousreply 302April 27, 2022 4:08 PM

yes, it's all to "justify" that he hit her too.

by Anonymousreply 303April 27, 2022 4:10 PM

Johnny Depp caught creating courtroom sketch during Amber Heard trial

ohnny Depp is keeping himself entertained during his heated defamation hearing against ex-wife Amber Heard — by drawing intricate portraits on Post-it notes.

The “Pirates of the Caribbean” actor, 58, was captured Tuesday in a now-viral TikTok passing the impromptu courtroom sketch to his attorney, Benjamin Chew, on day nine of the trial in Fairfax, Virginia. A TikTok fan, who declared themselves to be on “#TeamJohnny,” posted the video on Tuesday, and it has garnered more than 4 million views in under 18 hours.

The Post-it note appears to feature a doodle of a woman, although it remains unclear at this time. In the video, Depp’s attorney takes out his eyeglasses to get a closer look at the artwork as the actor, seated next to him, whispers in his ear. After examining the courthouse drawing, Depp’s attorney nods approvingly and holds his hand to his heart, then points at his client. Meanwhile, the “Edward Scissorhands” actor smiles wide, seemingly proud of his Post-it portrait.

Depp didn’t stop there, though. On Wednesday in court, the “Ed Wood” actor was seen drawing yet again, this time coloring figure drawings purple and pink as he waited for the jury to arrive.

Depp’s Picasso moment happened early on during proceedings Tuesday, as the court was waiting for witness Tara Roberts, Depp’s island estate manager, to connect via video with Judge Penney Azcarate. Roberts testified that in 2013, she recalled Depp “was passed out on the beach” in front of his kids, according to her statements.

Depp is suing Heard, 36, for $50 million, claiming he was the victim of domestic violence in their relationship and was “broken” by the time their marriage fell apart.

Tuesday saw the jury watching nearly two hours of a prerecorded deposition. In the video, LAPD Officer Melissa Saenz was seen testifying that she and her partner determined no crime had been committed during a May 21, 2016 domestic call to the “Aquaman” actress’s penthouse that she shared with Depp.

Heard’s attorney questioned 12-year-officer Saenz’s and her partner’s response to the call, in which they didn’t take notes or photos because they had found Heard uncooperative. Saenz said there had been no signs of domestic violence.

Testimony about the actors’ private lives has shocked fans in recent days, as Heard and Depp paint a picture of their tumultuous marriage in the courtroom. Depp’s fourth day on the witness stand gave an inside look at their divorce fallout. The day ended with his attorneys playing audio from a 2016 conversation with Heard in a San Francisco hotel room, a year before their divorce was finalized in 2017.

The audio played to the courtroom included the “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” actor suggesting the couple issue a joint statement about their love for one another as a “peaceful settlement.” However, Heard responded that he should tell the world about his alleged abuse.

“Tell the world, Johnny,” she said. “Tell them I, Johnny Depp — a man — I’m a victim, too, of domestic violence.”

Another clip played by Heard’s lawyer, Ben Rottenborn, included Depp calling her a “c – – t” and saying, “Shut up, fat ass.”

n one shocking audio clip, Depp can be heard threatening to cut himself with a knife.

“That’s psychologically, emotionally where I was,” he told the court. “At the end, I was broken . . . I thought the only answer is here, take my blood, that’s all I’ve got left.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 27, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote]Depp’s attorney takes out his eyeglasses to get a closer look at the artwork as the actor, seated next to him, whispers in his ear. After examining the courthouse drawing, Depp’s attorney nods approvingly and holds his hand to his heart, then points at his client. Meanwhile, the “Edward Scissorhands” actor smiles wide, seemingly proud of his Post-it portrait.

They're putting on little skits for the jury? Fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 305April 27, 2022 4:24 PM

he can ebay that after the trial for a million dollars

by Anonymousreply 306April 27, 2022 4:25 PM

Maybe I'm too cynical. Maybe the jury wasn't in the courtroom while they were waiting for the witness.

by Anonymousreply 307April 27, 2022 4:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308April 27, 2022 4:26 PM

Depp will lose regardless. No one will hire him . He’s a liability to production . Will he live while filming is a concern

by Anonymousreply 309April 27, 2022 4:26 PM

R306 that'll cover his expenses for about 2 weeks

R308 fucking insanity

by Anonymousreply 310April 27, 2022 4:28 PM

Well, maybe he will have a second career as an artist and sell his "art"

by Anonymousreply 311April 27, 2022 4:28 PM

I'd have preferred Dan Fogelberg's llamas to pet alpacas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312April 27, 2022 4:38 PM

Jason Mamoa must be pissed she is tied to his franchise

by Anonymousreply 313April 27, 2022 5:13 PM

I've been in meetings most of the day.

Anything interesting happen?

by Anonymousreply 314April 27, 2022 7:21 PM

R290, you really need to relax. I never called you names. You came after me on here for saying I had met Johnny Depp. Then you angrily addressed a post of mine in another thread. You seem to have developed a deep hostility toward me immediately and your posts sound a bit unhinged. I'm not saying you're unhinged, but your posts sound that way.

Regarding my post at R283, the post I was addressing was anonymous...how would I have known it was you? I just thought it was ironic that someone posted about "trolls" and then in the same post broad-brushed everyone who agrees with Depp as being "homophobic, sexist pieces of shit". To me, that sounds like trolling, so I wrote what I did. Again, I didn't know it was the same guy (you) who was so hostile to me when I posted at R115 and then on the COVID thread. Anyway, it seems you're projecting and I don't know why you're so angry, but you're blaming me for things that you yourself are doing.

Maybe sign your name to each post so I'll know it's you and I'll make sure not to reply. Otherwise, maybe just don't take things so seriously. I'll try to decipher if any post is yours and I promise I'll ignore it and never again reply. This is all unnecessary and I really don't get what your problem is, but I'm certainly not wanting to be involved with you in anyway.

Peace.

by Anonymousreply 315April 28, 2022 12:09 AM

Depp's former agent Christian Carino told the court about emails with Heard after Depp and Heard had split up.

Heard moved on to dating Elon Musk immediately after splitting with Depp. She and Musk had split up within a year.

In an email on August 7, 2017, Heard told Carino: 'Dealing with breakup. I hate when things go public. See I'm so sad.'

Carino replied to Heard: 'You weren't in love with him [Musk]. You told me 1,000 times you were just feeling space.'

Heard: 'I know but I wanted time to grieve and recover in my own time.'

Heard: 'I hate that, yet again a man lets me fall on the spikes by myself.'

Carino: 'How so?'

Heard: 'They're mad at me for leaving them and put things like this out there', apparently referring to the story going public.

Carino: 'You could avoid all this if you stop dating uber famous people.'

Carino testified that he thought that Heard wanted to get back with Depp. In an email sent to Carino around the same time, Heard said: 'Please tell him I love him,' referring to Depp. On August 16, 2017, Heard said: 'I've written so many notes, can you give him one? I don't know how or where to start. 'Finally I am single, clear in my heart and mind. I just want him to know I loved him.'

by Anonymousreply 316April 28, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] Depp’s stint on the 2017 Pirates sequel Dead Men Tell No Tales was filled with well-documented issues on the Australia set. Carino said today that Depp often was “tardy” but added: “He’s been tardy on everything his entire life. Everyone has learned how to produce a film, how to deal with it.” He said nothing much about other issues and delays, including when Depp severed part of one of his fingers and production shut down for a stint.

Poor Johnny. Paid hundreds of millions and can't get to work on time. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 317April 28, 2022 12:53 AM

What a fucking joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318April 28, 2022 12:55 AM

The front desk person at the penthouse Heard lived in with Depp testified, vaped, then drove away as Depp laughed his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 319April 28, 2022 1:19 AM

This remote testimony is getting to be bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 320April 28, 2022 1:33 AM

I noticed that the woman cop (who went to the residence when Heard claimed Depp abused her) wore a mask when testifying via remote video. Seems like she could have testified without wearing a mask, but I'm sure she knew she was going to be on TV. I guess I would have worn a mask, too, given the choice and under those circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 321April 28, 2022 1:43 AM

Another cop (one of the male ones) wore a mask as well. I wondered if it was cop policy or choice. Pic is to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 28, 2022 1:57 AM

I can't tell from r319 who vaped and drove off, Heard, Depp, or the doorman.

I haven't read 100% of these posts, so forgive me this has been pointed out. I think the psychologist assessing Heard was chosen just as much (if not more) for her looks than her credentials (a PsyD is inferior to a Ph.D. which has more rigorous requirements and very stiff competition for admission to programs).

If you haven't seen her pictures, she's a stereotypical very attractive California blonde. It's another thrust in Johnny's public revenge knifing. An beautiful woman who gets by on life manipulating powerful men being judged and evaluated by another beautiful woman with graduate degrees? Across 12 hours of diagnostic interviewing? Guaranteed it got under Amber's skin. Any other licensed psychologist, male or female, with 12 hrs to interview, access to prior records, case history, etc would have arrived at the same diagnostic conclusions. If it had been a competent male, he would also have noted any seductive behavior if Amber tried to manipulate the interview to her favor.

by Anonymousreply 323April 28, 2022 2:00 AM

The doorman gave testimony in his car. He got stressed out, vaped, started driving and said that he couldn't do the testimony any more. Afterwards the judge said that she'd never seen anything like it before. It was amusing.

by Anonymousreply 324April 28, 2022 2:09 AM

There was testimony about being called to a incident where Amber and her friend Raquel Pennington wanted a suspected intruder to be checked out because there were scratches on the door. The doorman said he was bewildered because the scratches were very low down and obviously from the dog scratching. That got laughs in court as well.

by Anonymousreply 325April 28, 2022 2:13 AM

Thanks, r324. That's hysterical. I thought perhaps he was testifying that he saw Depp or Heard vaping marijuana before driving off.

by Anonymousreply 326April 28, 2022 2:26 AM

So this friend Rachel Pennington wasn't a lover-type friend and Amber still punched her while they were shopping together?

Look, I don't want to be that misogynistic poster that blames women for shit but wouldn't blame a man - but what the fuck? I WOULD blame any man for punching his friend, under any circumstance.

Bitch be worthless !! (and Johnny too, absolutely). They make that film about Sid Vicious and his girlfriend seem wholesome... well not them, maybe Amy Winehouse and whatsisname on blow. Scary people.

by Anonymousreply 327April 28, 2022 2:46 AM

The shrink on the stand saying that more women have bipolar disorder than men is suspicious. Bipolar disorder affects men and women equally. Bipolar II affects more women. How does she not know this?

by Anonymousreply 328April 28, 2022 3:21 AM

R328 did you get mixed up? She said that she diagnosed Heard with borderline personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 329April 28, 2022 3:31 AM

Here’s the video of the doorman losing his shit and driving away as Heard’s lawyer is haranguing him (“What kind of makeup was Amber Heard wearing? Was she wearing blush? Was she wearing concealer?” my god this woman sounds insane) and driving off. The judge says okay, let’s break for lunch now and after the jury leaves she shakes her head and says “okay, that was a first.”

It’s hilarious. That doorman is a character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 28, 2022 3:40 AM

The doorman’s full testimony. I love this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 28, 2022 3:45 AM

I totally support Johnny Depp.

I hope that psychopath Amber Turd will pay for her crimes one day (lying and ruining a man's life). Because I know she will get away with it again in this trial.

by Anonymousreply 332April 28, 2022 3:47 AM

At this point anyone who is still supporting Amber Turd is a reflection of who he/she is, a psychopath like her.

by Anonymousreply 333April 28, 2022 3:49 AM

She still has her case to come so we'll be hearing her side of things next. This trial seems very long..

by Anonymousreply 334April 28, 2022 3:58 AM

R333 takes one to know one, Johnny 🙂

by Anonymousreply 335April 28, 2022 3:59 AM

[quote]At this point anyone who is still supporting Amber Turd is a reflection of who he/she is, a psychopath like her.

Or a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 336April 28, 2022 4:05 AM

I am team Amber. I know everyone says Johnny is the sweetest and kindest and blah blah blah...yes, I believe that but he can be but he can also change into a complete devil when high/drunk. He goes on 3 day benders at age 50 something...he clearly has a death wish. He blacks out...it's entirely possible that he may have beaten Amber heard. He's called her vile and nasty names. He called her a fat cow or whatever, she isn't even fat! He said it coz he knew she would be hurt by that remark.

I don't understand how they can find him not guilty, he cannot even remember the details etc...his testimony is not credible.

by Anonymousreply 337April 28, 2022 4:07 AM

How many crimes have been committed in black out and the aggressor, having no memory claims innocence through trial, conviction and appeals? And the families profess innocence since their little Johnny would never do anything like that! He was going to school and was going to make something of himself!

by Anonymousreply 338April 28, 2022 4:19 AM

To me, Johnny is damaged and self-destructive, while Amber is physically and mentally abusive. Disordered people like her can only act out with/against damaged people, and, IMO, that's what she did. Normal people who hadn't been abused in their childhood would never put up with it or stick around. When someone does what she did and then turns things around and blames the victim, which is typical for her type, the victim is re-injured. Amber had the ability to turn things around and victim-blame on the world stage, and, as she told him, she knew no one would disbelieve her, a woman accusing a man of abuse during the #MeToo movement. Unfortunately, he has so much self-destruction events in his life for the defense attorneys to have a field day with and render him unsympathetic. This is all an example as to why people must pay attention to red flags and not get involved in any capacity with dangerous people such as Amber. Unfortunately, people with prior childhood trauma have a hard time truly understanding this.

by Anonymousreply 339April 28, 2022 4:21 AM

r339 Excellent post and sums up this case.

by Anonymousreply 340April 28, 2022 4:25 AM

What a bunch of MARYS!! She was literally begging him not to leave her. If he is that terrible then why was she so desperate to keep him around? He just wanted to leave. She alleged physical abuse. Him calling her names and being drunk is not an assault. It just makes him an insufferable alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 341April 28, 2022 4:28 AM

Be careful of Amber Turd's testimony. It will be essentially "Gone Girl" testimony. Mixing some selected reality with multiple shocking disgusting made up allegations. I've read the sun trial transcripts, and I know about the outrageous lies she will spout.

But anyone who's been following the entire trial since day one, could easily realize that she's a lying psychopath. It's as if she used Gone girl film as her manual down to the rape with a bottle.

Johnny Depp will lose legally not because the jury won't believe him but because his case is essentially about defamation, and that's hard to prove in court.

Again, I hope that Amber Turd will pay for her crimes someday and karma hit her hard.

by Anonymousreply 342April 28, 2022 4:34 AM

R341 Totally Agree.

by Anonymousreply 343April 28, 2022 4:37 AM

R341, did you miss the part where he admitted on tape that he head butted her on her forehead?

I do think Amber did care for him at one point and tried to help him. some women have this " i can change him, save him etc" mission in life or whatever you call it. But he is too fucked up and impossible to help because he doesn't even think he has a drinking problem! I heard him say he was not ever physically addicted to booze on the stand. There is no hope for him. She told him to get clean and sober so they can solve all their problems. He replied that he will never be clean and sober. That is all you need to know. This guy is hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 344April 28, 2022 4:38 AM

She wanted him around coz Johnny paid all the bills. He's wasted half the time, it's easy to get him to agree to buy this or that, pay for shit. He was an ATM machine.

by Anonymousreply 345April 28, 2022 4:40 AM

R344 he said it was an accident in the heat of her throwing punches at him. Her own father texted him that she needs help with her temper. JD never admitted to intentionally assaulting her. She was clearly setting him up. Recording all of these conversations without his knowledge? Of course he will sound worse when she is trying to manipulate and entrap him in a recording that she is fully aware of. What is she like when she has no clue the cameras are rolling? I suspect she is bpd trash.

by Anonymousreply 346April 28, 2022 4:52 AM

I heard him say it on tape.

Also, he told her to cut him with a knife on tape too.

He asked to be abused.

by Anonymousreply 347April 28, 2022 4:54 AM

[quote] I am team Amber.

You don't have to be "Team ____." They're both reprehensible in different ways.

by Anonymousreply 348April 28, 2022 5:00 AM

R348, yes I agree. lesser of 2 evils so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 349April 28, 2022 5:06 AM

Laughable deposition of Amber Turd in 2016. It's very obvious she's lying. (I always gave Turd the benefit of doubt until watching the Virginia trial).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350April 28, 2022 5:07 AM

On the other hand, that's Johnny Depp deposition from 2018. Unlike Turd's deposition, It's clear He's telling the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 28, 2022 5:13 AM

I've never been in a deposition before, but I imagine it's easier to get sassy, let down your guard, and let your true bitchy colors show (because you're not in public). In court now, Amber is all tucked in and impassive-looking. But in one of those depositions, she looks like such a fucking bitch. Her attitude, expressions, how she talks, almost barking.

by Anonymousreply 352April 28, 2022 5:13 AM

Exactly, r348. I normally am able to sympathize or believe in one side over another and, of course, I like to think I do it on the basis of evidence. Not the case here, at all. They're both awful people for an abundance of reasons. I'm happy to carp on them both. It annoys me to no end that these two human fiascos are wasting precious government resources for their adolescent needs. Though, Depp is more to blame for this part with his need to litigate his personal relationships.

by Anonymousreply 353April 28, 2022 5:13 AM

Everyone has a right to defend themselves against false accusations. Amber chose to go public with false accusations to destroy his life. Had Depp written a counter article, no one would believe him and she knew that. This is his way of telling the truth and obtaining any legal recourse a jury may find him entitled to. No one *has* to just take it when someone else uses their power and access to publicly create a false narrative of their life.

by Anonymousreply 354April 28, 2022 5:56 AM

Interesting that the hardcore Depp supporters descend on this thread overnight (well, overnight to me, EDT)

by Anonymousreply 355April 28, 2022 9:21 AM

[quote]I always gave Turd the benefit of doubt until watching the Virginia trial

Sure, you spent hours last night calling her "Turd" in about 20 posts on this thread, it makes total sense that you were on her side until recently.

by Anonymousreply 356April 28, 2022 10:30 AM

There’s a lot wrong with me, yenno, but at least I don’t treat a domestic violence court case as a fandom war.

by Anonymousreply 357April 28, 2022 10:36 AM

Who's testifying today?

by Anonymousreply 358April 28, 2022 12:09 PM

It’s like having the National Enquirer read aloud every day. Depp and Heard. Today, on Celebrity Divorce Court.

by Anonymousreply 359April 28, 2022 12:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 28, 2022 2:04 PM

Am I the only one who briefly checks in on the video just to see what they're wearing? I like Depp's look today.

by Anonymousreply 361April 28, 2022 2:07 PM

You mean the father who physically abused Heard? I'm not on either team. I think they both need a lot of help. I feel Depp really wanted some huge catharsis deep down. Hence this trial. He gets press, attention, possibly money, to soothe his wounded ego, to keep her in check (or so he hopes). To be near her. He gets all the women in the courtroom screaming his name. He is a rock star now.

by Anonymousreply 362April 28, 2022 2:18 PM

R362 What, he physically abused her?? Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 363April 28, 2022 2:20 PM

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 28, 2022 2:39 PM

R364 That link never says that he was violent towards her. She says that he was violent towards her mother though..

by Anonymousreply 365April 28, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote] Had Depp written a counter article, no one would believe him and she knew that.

Bullshit, he could have turned this around. With his spectacularly trashy life he could have written his own version of My Wicked, Wicked Ways with a sober redemption narrative tacked on. If he were willing to be at all honest about his own faults he could have turned his Hunter Thompson LARPing into $$$$. Unfortunately he's a lazy, entitled addict in denial.

by Anonymousreply 366April 28, 2022 3:21 PM

Amber’s hair is all fucked up. No hairdresser this morning? She’s also straining to keep her eyes open.

by Anonymousreply 367April 28, 2022 3:24 PM

This ACLU portion is boring af.

by Anonymousreply 368April 28, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote] She was literally begging him not to leave her.

Typical Borderline behavior. Classic.

by Anonymousreply 369April 28, 2022 3:44 PM

Obsessing about Thompson, Bukowski, Brando.

He’s at the mental age of 19.

by Anonymousreply 370April 28, 2022 4:48 PM

I still think Johnny's looks could be improved with short hair, veneers and more adult clothing choices.

by Anonymousreply 371April 28, 2022 5:10 PM

^ And taking a vacation from booze.

by Anonymousreply 372April 28, 2022 5:27 PM

He's still got some goodwill and people will buy his paintings and NFTs but he needs to make better decisions and be strong.

by Anonymousreply 373April 28, 2022 5:30 PM

Also, off topic but is Johnny afraid of encountering Joaquin or any of the Phoenix girls on L.A?

by Anonymousreply 374April 28, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote] I still think Johnny's looks could be improved with short hair, veneers and more adult clothing choices.

And brushing his teeth. And showering. And washing his hair, and getting rid of the ridiculous multi-tone color it is right now. And losing about 40 pounds and putting on a bit of muscle.

But why would he bother? He'd still be unemployable and a woman would only get with him for his money, which seems to be rapidly dwindling. He'd have to do a lot of work to be even vaguely attractive again, and addicts don't really want to do anything but use.

by Anonymousreply 375April 28, 2022 5:35 PM

I give him five years, tops.

by Anonymousreply 376April 28, 2022 5:38 PM

I'm assuming there's nothing interesting in today's testimony to go back and watch?

by Anonymousreply 377April 28, 2022 5:39 PM

I’m sure plenty of his psycho fans would fuck him even in his current state

by Anonymousreply 378April 28, 2022 5:51 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote] Depp has also expressed his desire to make his kids proud: “I’m just an actor, and if I can leave something behind that my kids will be proud of, then that’s what I want,” he told the Daily Telegraph newspaper in 2009, adding at the time, “I don’t want my kids to be embarrassed by anything I’ve done.”

by Anonymousreply 379April 28, 2022 5:57 PM

Enough with the hair washing. It's clean and well groomed. Johnny is filming a movie this summer. The public loves him. He may not get Disney stuff, but so what? It's not the worst thing for him to actually act again, instead of taking enormous pay days.

by Anonymousreply 380April 28, 2022 6:08 PM

[quote] The public loves him

By “the public” do you mean the Gen Z incels in the jury who grew up with Captain Jack Sparrow or the mixture of obsessed grandmothers and pansexual twenty-something girls in public gallery?

by Anonymousreply 381April 28, 2022 6:40 PM

R381 never has his fanbase been so succinctly described.

by Anonymousreply 382April 28, 2022 7:10 PM

Why do so many people say Depp is highly intelligent? Is he?

by Anonymousreply 383April 29, 2022 1:03 AM

Depp has always come across as dim in interviews, long before he met Heard and well before any long term drug or alcohol abuse would stunt his speech. He speaks slowly because he is slow.

by Anonymousreply 384April 29, 2022 1:06 AM

In the recordings, Amber certainly treated him like she thought he was dumb. She was very domineering and cruel. And of course the Washington Post article. She thought she could create an environment where she had complete control and called all the shots, and when he couldn't take it anymore, she then switched to vengeance by lying about him. These lawsuits probably caught her off guard and deeply angered her. She didn't think he had it in him to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 385April 29, 2022 1:14 AM

Wah wah, women are so mean, controlling, and vindictive!!

by Anonymousreply 386April 29, 2022 1:19 AM

Not all women, of course. I"m speaking of this particular case.

by Anonymousreply 387April 29, 2022 1:22 AM

Today heard from Terence Dougherty, General Counsel at the ACLU (the American Civil Liberties Union). Mr Doherty’s deposition revealed that of the $3.5m Amber Heard promised to donate to the ACLU, the ACLU has only actually received $1.3m to date.

There was an initial $350k donation from Amber Heard in 2016 and an acknowledgement from the ACLU that the remainder was a “pledge”.

The ACLU drew up a ten year payment plan but this was not signed or formally agreed by AH or any of her representatives.

There followed a series of donations in AH’s name: $100k from Johnny Depp, $500k from a fund controlled by Elon Musk, and the most recent payment in 11 Dec 2018 (a week before the ACLU-drafted WaPo article) of $350k from a fund believed to be controlled by AH.

In 2019 the ACLU “reached out” to AH to find out when the next contribution towards the $3.5m total might arrive and according to Mr Dougherty “we learned that she was having financial difficulties."

by Anonymousreply 388April 29, 2022 1:23 AM

Strange she didn't (promise to) donate to a women's shelter.

by Anonymousreply 389April 29, 2022 1:26 AM

All actors are hystrionic. They may not have HPD but they're close.

by Anonymousreply 390April 29, 2022 1:26 AM

The court also heard from Ed White, Johnny Depp’s financial affairs manager.

-Depp financially in the shit, running out of cash - he had assets that exceeded his liabilities, but he owed millions of dollars in unpaid taxes, and was spending more than he earned.

White gave him advice, which seemed to amount to sell a few things, do more work, spend less, and you’ll be okay. Which seemed to do the job. He still manages all of JD’s finances.

White spelled out Heard’s alleged divorce settlement demands. They started at $4m and then “demands continually increased” first to $5m, then to $5.5m, then to $7m with $500k to AH’s attorneys and paying all the community (ie shared) liabilities of $13.5m and all her tax implications/liabilities.

He said that the settlement payments were made to AH in instalments. An initial payment of $2m in 2017, another $1m in April 2017, another $1m in August 2017, $500k in November 2017 - so a total of $4.5m in 2017 followed by $2.3m in Feb 2018. And he settled the couple’s $13.5m liabilities they generated during 15 months of marriage and paid Heard’s legal fees and all the tax liabilities.

by Anonymousreply 391April 29, 2022 1:35 AM

I'm surprised she gave the ACLU $1 million.

by Anonymousreply 392April 29, 2022 1:35 AM

Does anyone suppose they are in a hotel room every night boozing it up and laughing like hyenas ?

by Anonymousreply 393April 29, 2022 2:48 AM

Anyone know why she had a baby via surrogate? She probably wouldn't have passed the vetting system to adopt. Poor kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394April 29, 2022 2:59 AM

I'm guessing wealthy women use surrogates so that they don't mess up their own bodies (gaining all that weight, getting stretch marks). Not to mention other kinds of things that can happen like gestational diabetes.

by Anonymousreply 395April 29, 2022 3:07 AM

Then a bodyguard of Depp's testified - Malcolm Connolly.

'At the beginning [it was] all lovey-dovey. Everything was great. Honeymoon period was on, and yeah it was good.'

'It was great to see Johnny happy again. Amber was lovely, charming - as she usually is - and good as gold.'

'Amber started to change. Amber started getting a bit more feisty, demanding. I could see that Amber wanted to wear the pants in this relationship. That was pretty obvious,' he said.

The bodyguard added that Heard 'could get a frosty at the drop of hat' and over time witnessed Depp 'getting quieter' as Amber 'started getting grumpy.'

Connolly admitted that he never did see any physical violence between the two, but testified that he would often hear Depp and Heard argue frequently.

'I could hear Amber screaming. I could hearing shouting and bawling,' he said, adding that he could 'mostly' hear Heard shouting and that the couple fought 'more often than not.'

And while he never witnessed any violence, the security guard told the court that he began noticing scratches and injuries on Depp's face. He noted that he never saw any marks on Heard.

'What I noticed straight away was most of these marks were happening on the left hand side of his (Depp's) face,' Connolly said.

'There would be scratches on his neck. Maybe a fat lip in the corner, a bruising in the eye socket.

'It was getting more regular. Not every week, but it was definitely happening,' he added.

by Anonymousreply 396April 29, 2022 3:16 AM

Bit of a strange story - Connolly says that when Amber went to Coachella she got sick because she was eating mushrooms and drinking red wine on an empty stomach. But Amber insists that this isn't true and that it was her sister Whitney who got sick because Whitney was pregnant. Connolly says that he knows the difference between them and that it was Amber who got sick.

by Anonymousreply 397April 29, 2022 3:18 AM

^Seems Amber lies a lot.

by Anonymousreply 398April 29, 2022 3:19 AM

Another reason to use a surrogate: you can continue to drink and do drugs and not have your baby taken away by CPS when it's born.

by Anonymousreply 399April 29, 2022 3:21 AM

I find it interesting that Elon Musk has donated $1m and $5m to the ACLU but 'only' donated $500k in Heard's name. Half a million is nothing to sneeze at though.

by Anonymousreply 400April 29, 2022 3:33 AM

I like the ACLU, but why is this the charity of choice for these people?

by Anonymousreply 401April 29, 2022 3:39 AM

R396 Wow that kid is fucking HUGE. That poor surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 402April 29, 2022 3:40 AM

R385 Agree with you.

I just wish Johnny Depp fought back then in 2016 when she first falsely accused him. Anyway, Psychopath Amber like any bully, thought she will continue bullying him because she got away with it without any consequences.

by Anonymousreply 403April 29, 2022 3:41 AM

Anyone who shits on a bed is trash and has arrested development at about 14 y.o.a. They both have arrested development, actually. I remember thinking how weird it was when they got together. And it evidently was!

by Anonymousreply 404April 29, 2022 4:02 AM

Starling Jenkins, general chauffeur, security, PA, etc for Depp:

The day after Amber's 30th which Depp was several hours late for he's informed by Heard that she and Depp had an argument the night before and she had thrown his private property over the balcony in to the street. Phone, wallet, credit cards, passports.

On hearing this Jenkins got the office to use the Find My Phone app “hit the streets and tried and get lucky”

Found the phone six miles from the house with a homeless man. The man was approached, was honest and handed over the phone. Was rewarded with “$420, chicken tacos, chips, apples, fiji water”

Jenkins says that he observed Heard and her friends at the Parker Hotel in the suites and that he drove them to Coachella.

“We had a conversation pertaining to the surprise she left in the boss’s bed prior to leaving the apartment.”

Asked what he is referring to, Jenkins says, “The defecation."

Jenkins tells court that she said it was “a horrible practical joke gone wrong”

by Anonymousreply 405April 29, 2022 4:11 AM

R402 She’s apparently not even trying to deny that she did it. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 406April 29, 2022 4:26 AM

[quote]she had thrown his private property over the balcony in to the street. Phone, wallet, credit cards, passports.

[quote]“We had a conversation pertaining to the surprise she left in the boss’s bed prior to leaving the apartment.”

Classic, classic borderline behavior. Classic. These are the types of actions that go on when the borderline person is low key, i.e., not hitting and screaming.

When the non-borderline persons gets out of relationships like this, it takes a while to understand what happened. When they're in the relationship, they question their own perception of what's going on because the borderline person is SO emotional and frighteningly demanding, constantly insisting that their emotions and needs are always front and center. Borderlines tend to pair up with vulnerable people, e.g., functioning substance abusers, childhood trauma victims, etc., because those people are easier to manipulate and they tend to blame themselves for having been abused and for other people's feelings. Everything that's coming out confirms this psychological profile.

by Anonymousreply 407April 29, 2022 4:28 AM

*person (not persons)

by Anonymousreply 408April 29, 2022 4:29 AM

And before someone replies with a condescending remark that I'm a Johnny Depp "fan girl", the reason I have the perspective that he's telling the truth is because I've had a front-row seat to two relationships a lot like this and the pattern is uncanny. One relationship was my father and a girlfriend and the other was my husband's best friend and a girlfriend. I had never heard of personality disorders then, but after eventually coming across the term borderline personality disorder years later and reading the description, I realize that psychologists have put language/definitions to the those sad situations I've seen up close.

by Anonymousreply 409April 29, 2022 4:37 AM

^Should have signed off that I'm R407

by Anonymousreply 410April 29, 2022 4:38 AM

(R409 what you say resonated with my and my last relationship. Holy shit. It's like everything makes sense now.)

by Anonymousreply 411April 29, 2022 4:52 AM

[Quote]Another reason to use a surrogate: you can continue to drink and do drugs and not have your baby taken away by CPS when it's born.

This hadn't occurred to me, r399, and it wouldn't have until your mention though I should know better. I worked in the mental health field many years ago, and I feel a bit naive now that I realize technology can be a good friend of desperate mental cases who need to make a point. And the same technology will bite them back.

by Anonymousreply 412April 29, 2022 6:07 AM

It’s actually smart she’s not passing along her DNA if she’s an unstable person.

by Anonymousreply 413April 29, 2022 6:28 AM

R413 Chances are that she used her own egg, implanted into the surrogate though. I don't know whether that's what happened or not but it usually is especially with a youngish woman who likely has viable eggs.

by Anonymousreply 414April 29, 2022 6:43 AM

Weren't her eggs harvested and inseminated from donor sperm? She could still very well be the bio mother.

by Anonymousreply 415April 29, 2022 6:52 AM

Watching R350 and R351 videos, it's amazing how much these two have aged in the last 5-6 years.

by Anonymousreply 416April 29, 2022 8:03 AM

What is Amber eating in the R350 video? Is it common for someone to constantly eat during a deposition? Is that a strategy to make her look calm or to keep her from talking too much?

by Anonymousreply 417April 29, 2022 8:05 AM

She’s just being an asshole, eating during a deposition.

by Anonymousreply 418April 29, 2022 8:08 AM

Depp got the whole package with Amber, she was everything he wanted for his weird faux rock star lifestyle. Amber was half his age, hot, and mentally unstable enough to go along with the whole drugs 'n' blowout fights lifestyle he thinks makes him a badass. She'd scream and throw things and be an incredibly willing and active partner in the drama, and that's what he wanted, an even trashier version of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

He cultivates everything about his life. He didn't just accidentally get a bunch of 100-ounce lamer goth goblets to pour entire bottles of blood red wine into when he's in a mood, he spent years buying that kind of junk and creating a persona to match. Amber fit perfectly into that world he'd created.

She got herself together enough that SHE left HIM. I know that the testimony recently was focused on the things she did to keep him with her, but at the end of the day, she left him.

She tried to go after his money at first, we all saw that, but within just a few days dropped that, took a comparatively small settlement, wrote one op-ed that anyone with half a brain could see was meant to close the issue, and moved on.

Depp couldn't handle that. It was a boring ending that he had no control over. He expected more drama and for her to at least fight for a huge settlement but she didn't even do that. He must have been reeling when he woke up one day and realized it was all over, even the crying.

Now he's spending all this money and wasting everyone's time just trying to get the drama back. Yes, he wants to ruin her, but knowing his weird Sid & Nancy meets Burton & Taylor by way of Hunter Thompson ideas of romance, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't think he'll ruin her and she'll come crawling back to him because she's got nothing left. Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 419April 29, 2022 9:50 AM

[quote]I like the ACLU, but why is this the charity of choice for these people?

"It was the ACLU that drafted the [Washington Post] article under Heard’s name, reflecting her role as an ACLU ambassador on gender violence issues."

"[The ACLU's] Dougherty testified about the push-and-pull that occurred between first draft and publication of the op-ed piece in The Washington Post in December 2018 — strategically timed by both the ACLU and Heard to coincide with the release of “Aquaman,” a movie in which she played a prominent role."

So Amber was an ACLU ambassador on gender violence issues (wow). The ACLU worked with her attorneys to keep Depp's name out of the article. Amber's draft used his name a lot, apparently. They timed the release of the article to coincide with publicity for her new movie.

There's a video clip where Amber stated that she donated the entire $7 million dollars to the ACLU and Children's Hospital. Which isn't true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420April 29, 2022 11:04 AM

R419 Whatever Depp thought he found in Amber, it doesn't take away the fact that she only saw him as someone who could advance her career and provide her with the lifestyle she thought she deserved. She’s been on a power trip the entire time they were together (the dog smuggling incident alone proves she is inherently an asshole). She left him when she thought he was the most vulnerable (right after his mother’s death) and most likely to succumb to her demands. She tried to blackmail him into a larger divorce settlement but underestimated his financial problems, and decided to position herself as a domestic abuse victim to ride a MeToo movement instead. She moved on, but it was like, she killed his career, defecated on its dead body, slept with Musk at the wake, and then said, ok, I’m ready to move on now, why can’t you.

by Anonymousreply 421April 29, 2022 11:35 AM

This didn’t age well:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422April 29, 2022 11:42 AM

R413 The internet rumors are (and I will emphasize again that these are just rumors) that the kid is hers and Elon Musk's. Based on testimony, they apparently were in a fight over embryos that they had created while they were together. Musk wanted them destroyed, and Heard wanted to keep them.

by Anonymousreply 423April 29, 2022 11:42 AM

Depp made choices and was part of a relationship where two people with mental illness and/or emotional disorders, plus associated drug and alcohol issues, abused each other.

You say Amber thought she deserved a certain lifestyle. Well, so did Depp. You say she's an asshole. She is. So is Depp. You say she tried to position herself as a domestic abuse victim. So is Depp.

Some of you are so desperate to make it seem like Depp is a victim that you can't see that he's doing many of the same things Heard did as well.

Sure, I have no doubt Heard thought marrying Depp would be good for her pocketbook and her career, but Depp very obviously wanted a hot, unstable mess of a drama queen he could orchestrate all these crazy fights with. They both wanted something from the other.

by Anonymousreply 424April 29, 2022 11:46 AM

[quote]She tried to go after his money at first, we all saw that, but within just a few days dropped that, took a comparatively small settlement, wrote one op-ed that anyone with half a brain could see was meant to close the issue, and moved on.

Sorry but this doesn't make sense - how would an op-ed like that 'close the issue'? If she really wanted to close the issue she would have taken the money and moved on. But she had to publicly (we all knew who she was talking about) say that he beat her. That meant a ruined reputation and career for him. You can't expect someone to let that go without trying to defend themselves.

by Anonymousreply 425April 29, 2022 11:48 AM

R423 I'd bet the kid is Elon's.. Here's an article about what you referenced..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426April 29, 2022 11:53 AM

Can you imagine what a psycho that kid will be if it's actually a combination of Elon and Amber's DNA? And brought up by somebody who's dually diagnosed with axis II personality disorders.

by Anonymousreply 427April 29, 2022 12:02 PM

[quote]Sorry but this doesn't make sense - how would an op-ed like that 'close the issue'? If she really wanted to close the issue she would have taken the money and moved on. But she had to publicly (we all knew who she was talking about) say that he beat her. That meant a ruined reputation and career for him. You can't expect someone to let that go without trying to defend themselves.

And she wrote the op-ed almost two years after their divorce. And she timed its publishing to capitalize on the release of her new movie. How could this possibly be interpreted as a desire to "close the issue"? Quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 428April 29, 2022 12:33 PM

The video of the doorman driving while giving testimony is priceless, and Johnny laughing makes him seem relatively sane.

Did anyone notice the judge is wearing a halter top bikini? I saw the strap under her judicial robes.

by Anonymousreply 429April 29, 2022 12:50 PM

This trial is actually a valuable opportunity for Johnny to dry out.

He may arrive in the courtroom stoned, but he can't top himself up until the end of the day.

Johnny may well come out of this a lot healthier, albeit sans a few million.

by Anonymousreply 430April 29, 2022 12:54 PM

R430 Idk, I have wondered what's in that metal coffee cup he brings..

by Anonymousreply 431April 29, 2022 12:56 PM

[quote] He may arrive in the courtroom stoned, but he can't top himself up until the end of the day.

Oh, you sweet summer child.

by Anonymousreply 432April 29, 2022 12:59 PM

Also, I've noticed that Amber brings what looks like a Fiji water bottle but the liquid doesn't look like water..... I'm an alcoholic myself so naturally I'm a bit suspicious of those two.

by Anonymousreply 433April 29, 2022 1:05 PM

R430 Stay just the way you are.

by Anonymousreply 434April 29, 2022 1:06 PM

[quote]Did anyone notice the judge is wearing a halter top bikini?

I hope that's a halter top on a sundress and not a bikini. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 435April 29, 2022 1:08 PM

The judge is married to a man and has four children. She's from Scalia Law. Ho-hum.

by Anonymousreply 436April 29, 2022 1:10 PM

The older man/younger woman is often a cynical trade-off for both parties: the older man gets youth and beauty and the younger woman gets status and money.

It makes me more than a little suspicious of Amber Heard. Has she been in any relationships that lasted for a longer time?

by Anonymousreply 437April 29, 2022 1:14 PM

R431

Coffee?

by Anonymousreply 438April 29, 2022 1:15 PM

R438 Of course, it could be coffee. :)

by Anonymousreply 439April 29, 2022 1:17 PM

R437 Her previous relationship lasted about the same amount of time (four years). Amber started her relationship with Tasya van Ree in 2008. They got married in March of the same year (that's quick) - a legally binding domestic partnership. Amber changed her name to Amber van Ree then. They celebrated the relationship publicly in 2011 - in New York after gay marriage was legalized. Then they ended their relationship in 2012. Amber was in a relationship with Depp from 2012 to 2016.

by Anonymousreply 440April 29, 2022 1:23 PM

Amber is 36. I imagine she'll be settling down fairly quickly once she hits 40.

by Anonymousreply 441April 29, 2022 1:28 PM

This has made me like her more. Saggy delusional old drunks need to be taken down a peg.

by Anonymousreply 442April 29, 2022 3:59 PM

Anything interesting happening today?

by Anonymousreply 443April 29, 2022 5:41 PM

Did they have court today (Friday) or are they off until Monday? I can't find a live feed anywhere right now so I'm guessing the former.

by Anonymousreply 444April 29, 2022 5:44 PM

I was a drunk too, R433. No way is that "coffee". At least, it was never ever just "coffee" for me. And I wasn't half as bad as Johnny, I suspect.

And I can't believe someone actually believes Amber's Op-Ed was her trying to close the book on things. Amber is clearly calculated as fuck. She just never thought Johnny would pull it together enough to calculate back. She lost the game she chose to play. Even if Johnny loses this (he will), this will give his career a huge uptick. Just watch. Enough of the public is clearly on his side. He comes across like a likable, but whacky drunken movie star. Which most knew anyway. The entire trial seems to have oddly reminded the general population of what made him special in the first place.

Meanwhile, she's toast.

by Anonymousreply 445April 29, 2022 6:05 PM

She never had a career without him though. So she'll go back to what she was before she met him.

by Anonymousreply 446April 29, 2022 6:45 PM

It's probably better that these 2 get to drink their "coffee."

by Anonymousreply 447April 29, 2022 6:47 PM

All I see on YouTube are multiple videos taking Johnny's side. I think he might win this thing.

by Anonymousreply 448April 29, 2022 7:00 PM

Johnny talking about the blade with an inscription from Ms Heard who I referred to as Slim...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449April 29, 2022 11:01 PM

Interesting sniffing when looking at the photo of scratches (after knife)

by Anonymousreply 450April 29, 2022 11:27 PM

I went to check and at 38:00 of this video you can see that Heard drinks from what's definitely a Fiji water bottle but that's not plain water. Fiji doesn't sell soft drinks. She could have flavored it or put a soft drink in but it seemed slightly odd.

I noticed that psychologist was rattling her in particular - facial expressions, writing, drinking, fidgeting in her seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451April 30, 2022 12:30 AM

Frankly, I've never heard of drinking all kinds of drinks in court. Water is normal during trial. If you want to drink something that's not water (e.g., coffee), you would usually put it in an opaque container. I have seen attorneys / parties taking those stainless steel cups into court.

by Anonymousreply 452April 30, 2022 12:46 AM

She’s probably insulted

by Anonymousreply 453April 30, 2022 4:18 AM

The agent was drinking liquor openly during his taped deposition. The desk guy was gaping thc in his car during deposition.

by Anonymousreply 454April 30, 2022 11:12 AM

*vaping thc

by Anonymousreply 455April 30, 2022 11:12 AM

WTF is happening to our courts? I'm far from straight edge, but letting people who are giving testimony drink and smoke pot during proceedings is NOT a good idea. Party on your off time, like the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 456April 30, 2022 12:39 PM

Did he say it was THC? But either way, smoking *anything* or drinking liquor during legal testimony isn't professional. I guess part of it is that they were giving testimony remotely.

by Anonymousreply 457April 30, 2022 12:52 PM

R457, no he didn’t announce it but as soon as he did it he became confused and scared. He started apologizing over and over. He became belligerent that he wanted this over already. He said he didn’t care about it at all. He smoked some more and finally drove away during it! Bye, bitches. The agent was drinking from a beer bottle and then was drinking from a scotch glass with a cube of ice. It looked like what it was. Wtf that they let this go on in a taped depo and still use it in court.

by Anonymousreply 458April 30, 2022 1:12 PM

Johnny may win this, he seems docile and polite (even if he is under the influence.) People of various ages remember Johnny for different characters throughout his career and may have a sentimental attitude towards him. Mid-Atlantic people aren't that aware of the Viper Room stories unless they really followed entertainment news.

by Anonymousreply 459April 30, 2022 1:44 PM

^ And I understand that is not what the court decision is predicated upon but I am being realistic.

by Anonymousreply 460April 30, 2022 1:47 PM

I'm not aware of the Viper Room stories. Did he strangle River Phoenix with his own hands? How bad could it be?

by Anonymousreply 461April 30, 2022 2:25 PM

R461 It was all shady and weird, but nothing concrete that I know of. JD co-owned the Viper Room with another guy and was there the night River died. There was speculation that JD didn't like/was jealous of River and that River was supposed to play his guitar at the venue but JD wouldn't let him? I'm hazy on that.

So then River died and JD sold The Viper Room and immediately left for France, where he lived for the next several years, and his ex-business partner disappeared and maybe even turned up dead.

It's all circumstantial but...odd.

by Anonymousreply 462April 30, 2022 2:33 PM

Depp the drug addict discussing drugs endlessly during his bizarre trial hanging out with another guy who did drugs? Surely you jest.

by Anonymousreply 463April 30, 2022 2:52 PM

Depp is sauced up All the time. He will go into withdrawals otherwise . His behavior in courtroom proves he’s under the influence

by Anonymousreply 464April 30, 2022 3:07 PM

The cocky agent is Lady Gaga's ex-fiance. It looked like he was also a little coked up, I noticed his pupils were huge (no whites present), he was wiping his nose, and he was fidgety.

by Anonymousreply 465April 30, 2022 5:28 PM

If Amber Heard has a child with Elon Musk, Depp should have sued her for 100 million. She is probably set for live if she really got his sperm and made a test tube baby with it. Has she sued him for child support yet?

I guess Heard realized that a baby and not marriage is the holy grail of gold digging and less trouble than dealing with divorce and a crazy ex-husband. Musk is one dump motherfucker if he really planned to procreate with that nutcase. Doesn't he already have several kids from five different women?

by Anonymousreply 466April 30, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] a baby and not marriage is the holy grail of gold digging and less trouble than dealing with divorce and a crazy ex-husband.

Disagree with this. A baby turns 18 at some point, sooner than you think. Golddiggers need to squirrel away child support if they intend to permanently upgrade their lifestyle.

Also, if the father demands 50/50 custody, then child support should be zero or limited.

A child support battle with an ex-baby's father could be just as miserable and contentious as dealing with a divorce and a crazy ex-husband.

In the end, you've brought another human being into the world that you're responsible for. Not just financially, but emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 467April 30, 2022 7:52 PM

Well, if you want a baby real bad - you could do worse than choosing a multi-billionaire baby-daddy.

Narcissists dream of having a kid to be their permanent "narcissistic supply" - it's not what you plan to do for them, it's what you plan for them to do for you (ditto baby daddy, 18 years is a long time to have a hook in them - and threats and drama could keep them involved years beyond that)

by Anonymousreply 468April 30, 2022 9:26 PM

Ok. I have caught up on the trial in my kitchen this weekend. I listened to it on 1.25x. It helps alot.

If we accept that both Depp and Heard are showboats and have arrested development at abt 15, I still find Depp mostly truthful. We shall see what Amber presents this week .

If Depp ends up being the poster man for an abused husband, I will not be upset. In fact, I would applaud him. If you read his testimony without knowing the situation or his gender, it is quite compelling for battery and abuse.

by Anonymousreply 469May 2, 2022 4:59 AM

Amber's attorney (the male one) looks like he has a hairpiece on top of his head. No problem with that, but the hairpiece is black and the sides are gray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470May 2, 2022 5:59 AM

Don't get me started on Rodden-dingleberry. Smug cunt. And yes, pls let me read this text to you in court, you cookie sniffer.

by Anonymousreply 471May 2, 2022 6:11 AM

I think he is mixed with another race. he isn't very wrinkled for 58 years old.

by Anonymousreply 472May 2, 2022 6:32 AM

I like Heard’s female lawyer but my lawyer friend (who specializes in DV cases) says they were both way too passive when Depp’s witnesses were on direct.

Heard takes the stand today, right?

by Anonymousreply 473May 2, 2022 10:38 AM

I get total psycho vibes from watching Heard in that courtroom. I would be afraid to be alone with her at night.

by Anonymousreply 474May 2, 2022 11:41 AM

Most actresses are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 475May 2, 2022 1:13 PM

The Depp fanatics on twitter are trying to cancel Drew Barrymore because she laughed about the ridiculousness of this shit storm on her talk show

by Anonymousreply 476May 2, 2022 1:16 PM

I saw that, r476, with people saying she's part of a huge media conspiracy to suppress the idea that men can be abuse victims.

These accounts are so fake. No one believes this lady is a Sociologist and political analyst with a Masters in science.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477May 2, 2022 1:21 PM

"As a doctor..."

Sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478May 2, 2022 1:24 PM

Anybody who thinks Johnny Depp comes out of this with his career intact is insane.

by Anonymousreply 479May 2, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote] people saying she's part of a huge media conspiracy to suppress the idea that men can be abuse victims.

Both sexes and all ages suffer abuse, too many victims to stomach, and 9/10 times the abuse do suffer is enabled, enacted and entrenched by grown men. Never forget it.

by Anonymousreply 480May 2, 2022 1:49 PM

I think he can make a comeback but not for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 481May 2, 2022 2:25 PM

The bodyguard has now lied under oath and claimed Depp using cocaine "levels him out". He claimed he saw him use it a few times. Yes, that's why people snort cocaine. It levels them out.

by Anonymousreply 482May 2, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote]I think he can make a comeback but not for a long time.

He's almost 60. And looks 80. God knows what he'll look like in 5 years. If he's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 483May 2, 2022 2:52 PM

he doesn't look 80, come on.

by Anonymousreply 484May 2, 2022 2:53 PM

Why is so much of this testimony via video, do they all live in New Zealand?

by Anonymousreply 485May 2, 2022 2:56 PM

This is in Virginia while most of the witnesses probably live in LA/NY..

by Anonymousreply 486May 2, 2022 2:57 PM

No, he doesn't look 80. He looks like a 60 year old, but not a rich and privileged 60 year old. He looks the way you'd expect him to look if he'd stayed in Kentucky, worked at the local 7-11, and drank a 12 pack of Bud every day.

by Anonymousreply 487May 2, 2022 3:37 PM

Is Elon Musk scheduled to testify? I wonder if he's paying much attention to the trial and has regrets about being the (alleged) baby daddy.

by Anonymousreply 488May 2, 2022 3:42 PM

R488 He isn't going to testify from what I've read. Nor will James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 489May 2, 2022 3:59 PM

That psych definitely rattled Amber:

"Amber Heard fired her PR team and hired a new firm days before she is scheduled to give testimony against ex-husband Johnny Depp

DailyMail.com has learned she cut ties with her publicist after a psychology expert last week testified that Heard suffered from two personality disorders

Clinical and forensic psychologist Dr. Shannon Curry revealed she diagnosed the actress with borderline personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder

A communications expert following the trial told DailyMail.com: 'As I understand it, Dr. Curry's testimony was the final straw'

'Depp's team aren't just painting Heard as hitting him back - they are painting her as crazy. That was too much for her and she fired her PRs,' the source added

Heard was using PR firm Precision Strategies but has now switched to the services of LA-based Shane Communications

The actress is now also facing calls to be dumped from the upcoming sequel to Aquaman 2, with a petition reaching 3million signatures on Monday"

by Anonymousreply 490May 2, 2022 4:00 PM

So cancel culture is coming for Heard. How priceless. Wonder the number of skeletons in the closet surrounding her. Bet they'd fill Depp's former Viper Room.

by Anonymousreply 491May 2, 2022 4:10 PM

How is the PR team responsible for the psychologist reporting her finings under oath in a court of law? It's Heard's lawyers who should have fought to keep the cameras out. How much sway and influence could her publicists have with media to keep from reporting what's on YouTube for all to see?

by Anonymousreply 492May 2, 2022 4:20 PM

R492 Just a guess: perhaps it was her PR firm that recommended she allow the psychologist to assess her in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 493May 2, 2022 4:29 PM

[quote] The bodyguard has now lied under oath and claimed Depp using cocaine "levels him out". He claimed he saw him use it a few times. Yes, that's why people snort cocaine. It levels them out.

Illegal drugs can level out someone's mood, if they've gotten used a certain amount being in their system.

by Anonymousreply 494May 2, 2022 4:43 PM

Yikes. I'm not so sure that was a lie from the bodyguard, it sounds like they inadvertently admitted that he does so many drugs that a bump of coke gets him to "baseline" or "normal." That's part of the adaptive process of the body during drug use, and happens when the body is exposed to a drug so much that physiologically, the body becomes used to it. After a while, you start using the drug not to get high, but to get back up to normal.

by Anonymousreply 495May 2, 2022 4:48 PM

Hasn't Depp been pretty open about his drugging and drinking over the years? Don't most people just know this? I don't see how that will affect his career going forward.

I watched Bill Maher this past weekend and he thinks both Depp and Heard are done career wise. Couldn't agree more about Heard, but I don't agree with Depp. Do I think he'll be in blockbusters? No. But I think he can find work for sure. Maybe in a horror movie or some indie film.

by Anonymousreply 496May 2, 2022 5:54 PM

Depp has committed the cardinal sin of showing Hollywood that he will go to great lengths to humiliate people in showbiz if he feels wronged.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about how justified he is, because no one in the business cares about Amber Heard. They care about THE BUSINESS.

Everyone who makes movies is cringing over all these trashy tales he's telling. Hollywood has NEVER liked being seen as a place where trashy people become reckless hillbilly millionaires. It REALLY doesn't like audiences to know that drugged-out nutjobs are cleaned up, shoved in front of a camera, told to say their lines, and if they get drunk between scenes and throw bottles and cut their own fingers off, it's covered up for the sake of profits.

Johnny's crazy shit has been covered up and glossed over for decades. A lot of people put in a lot of work to make you forget he was arrested multiple times in the 1990s, that he was involved in River Phoenix's overdose, that he once trashed a hotel room and blamed an armadillo for it.

Not a lot of studios are going to want to go to that kind of work now.

by Anonymousreply 497May 2, 2022 6:03 PM

That cross examiner of Heard's is so annoying. Right?? He never asks "is that correct" or "do you agree". He says something followed by "Right???" to get the person testifying's buy in. It's so grating. And a lazy way of speaking for a professional high priced trial lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 498May 2, 2022 6:17 PM

This trial is a travesty.

His agent testified and that guy wasn't particularly helpful. Is it normal that you only give short answers and never explain anything? Why wasnt he allowed to say what conversations he had with Disney and the producers and tell the jury that they dropped him after the op-ed? It was incredibly vague and he never said anything helpful. He wasn't even allowed to say what role Depp would have played in Pirates 6 - hearsay.

The next witness was an colorful entertainment lawyer and apparently charges Depp $900 an hour for his testimony. He reminded me a lot of Jack Nicholson with his mannerisms and looks.

This trial must cost millions of dollars if witnesses charge Depp $900/hour.

by Anonymousreply 499May 2, 2022 8:06 PM

R496 it's one thing if you get wasted and still good work. Johnny has shown that he basically employs people to carry him around Weekend at Bernie's style.

Who's gonna pay millions for that?

by Anonymousreply 500May 2, 2022 8:27 PM

[quote] I looked it up and apparently 65% of histrionic diagnoses are given to women. I do think that there's probably bias because women are socially expected to be seductive and call attention to themselves compared to men.

The diagnoses take into account cultural biases. Men on average are more narcissistic and sociopathic. Women on average are more histrionic.

by Anonymousreply 501May 2, 2022 8:35 PM

R499, there are rules of evidence the court has to follow - as do the attorneys. Some rules are very intricate and some have exceptions.

Some attorneys are better than others at following them and still getting the info they need into trial as evidence. You have to be creative at times and really know your shit. And know how to argue your shit. That's a legal Latin term. Preparing for trial requires a lot of time figuring these things out.

by Anonymousreply 502May 2, 2022 8:42 PM

I want this trial to end. I can't stand the insanity from his fans

by Anonymousreply 503May 2, 2022 9:10 PM

Hard to load? Let it loose on the sheets! /laugh track ("I'll be here all week.... try the veal.")

I've only seen snippets of this trial but they both seem insufferable. She's a wretch, but the formerly rather lovable Johnny's cringeworthy, pained-poet, hammy, vaguely Brit-accented cool-ruined-victim act, replete with clearly rehearsed replies to his lawyer's pointless questions, is ludicrous. I half expect him to whip out some Laudanum and wash it down with absinthe. Has he referenced Bill Burroughs, Rimbaud, and Hunter S. yet? GMAFB!

by Anonymousreply 504May 2, 2022 9:30 PM

Was there anything interesting in today's testimony?

by Anonymousreply 505May 2, 2022 9:44 PM

R504's mastery of the written word is too sweet. YES, CHILD, YES.

by Anonymousreply 506May 2, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote] His agent testified and that guy wasn't particularly helpful.... Why wasnt he allowed to say what conversations he had with Disney and the producers and tell the jury that they dropped him after the op-ed?

I can see the defense objecting to hearsay and the judge sustaining the objection (blocking the testimony). If these conversations with Disney were in writing, that might be a different story. Depp should subpoena whoever it was, at Disney, who the agent supposedly had a conversation with.

This goes to the heart of the matter: damages, timing, how many offer$ Depp lost due to Heard's op-ed piece.

by Anonymousreply 507May 2, 2022 10:11 PM

Today Travis McGivern testified that he saw Heard throw a Red Bull can that hit Depp in the back, that she threw a purse at him, spat at him, and that he saw Heard's closed fist punch Depp on the side of his face which resulted in a 'shiner' - red and swollen. McGivern says that he never witnessed Depp being violent towards Heard but Depp swore a lot and threw Heard's closet about.

by Anonymousreply 508May 3, 2022 1:58 AM

She must have had some feeling for him even though she didn’t express it well. If I were married to a drug addicted binge drinking old man I’d spend plenty of time away and just let him kill himself. The fact that she’s even bother being around him or worrying if he got sober says something. It sounds like they are both messed up people.

by Anonymousreply 509May 3, 2022 2:02 AM

A nurse specializing in addiction, Erin Falati, testified today.

The court was shown a text between Falati and Whitney Heard on 23 Mar 2015.

EF “Debbie just told me what’s going on and to check with you. Is AH awake or fall asleep”

Whitney tells her she is finally asleep.

EF writes “thank goodness, she must be exhausted. You want me to come to the loft or is she safe and sound asleep?”

WH “safe? no she’s not. kept saying she wants to kill herself”

We go to notes where Falati says they are helping with Heard’s “anxiety” and “anger and rage”.

Asked how AH showed her anger - “elevated voice, yelling, crying”.

Falati is taken to a note she made about a call she received on 16 dec 2015 from AH, which prompts EF to deliver medication on 17 Dec 2015.

“RN in contact with client to notify her that she be able to be able to deliver medications to her home. RN waited for several minutes after knocking. Client greeted RN at the door looking dishevelled. Hair appeared unbrushed client appeared weepy and sad. Posture is slouched. Client told RN about argument with husband. RN offered emotional support… had not had contact with husband since altercation. Client had visible bright red blood appearing at centre of lower lip. When RN made client aware she was actively bleeding on her lip, client stated it was from injury sustained in the argument between her and husband and that it continues to bleed actively.”

She also wrote “client also states that her head is bruised and she lost clumps of hair in the altercation.”

EF adds in notes “RN briefly looked client’s scalp but was unable to visualise the haematomas client had described.”

EF then said she should go to emergency care or contact Dr K. AH went to Dr K’s and was assessed by Munro Tinker. [Dr K was asked about this in his deposition.]

EF taken to various nursing notes from when she was JD’s nurse. One that JD is dealing with divorce papers three days after his mother died. the notes say that AH has made several damaging allegations. JD is angry and wants to clear his name.

by Anonymousreply 510May 3, 2022 2:09 AM

Heard's lawyers are terrible.

The blonde psychologist (who clearly spent too much time getting hairstyling tips from Cold Case) really makes the woman lawyer look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 511May 3, 2022 2:11 AM

R511 IDK, I think they're the same lawyers who won the London case and this one has a higher bar for Depp to meet. Also we haven't heard Heard's side of the case yet. I'd imagine that weeks of that will make an impact.

by Anonymousreply 512May 3, 2022 2:15 AM

[quote][R511] IDK, I think they're the same lawyers who won the London case and this one has a higher bar for Depp to meet. Also we haven't heard Heard's side of the case yet. I'd imagine that weeks of that will make an impact.

I doubt that since laws in the UK are different than the US and I doubt they'd have licenses to practice law in both countries.

by Anonymousreply 513May 3, 2022 2:27 AM

R513 You're probably right but Elaine Bredehoft was present for the London case so I assumed that she was working for that case too. Link is a photo of Bredehoft standing with Amber when she made a statement outside the London court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514May 3, 2022 2:50 AM

I think the fact that his attorneys didn't even try to get information on any potential future roles in writing just goes to show that this isn't about damages at all, it's just about getting attention and revenge. They went into this case with nothing but third-party hearsay that they knew would be objected to. That's ridiculous.

They're also trying to win in the court of public opinion more than they are in the actual courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 515May 3, 2022 3:58 AM

I wasn't aware that he hasn't worked for a studio or even independent production since 2018/19. He often made $10+m for a studio movie or $1-3m for an indie. His schedule was full before the WP published this op-ed. He has a lavish lifestyle so this must be a major blow to his finances and lifestyle. She really did cancel his career with this op-ed.

I wonder if he'll eventually bounce back. I think many people still like him and don't believe those allegations. His only credit since 2018 is a mini series I've never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 516May 3, 2022 9:54 AM

Oh, DEAR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517May 3, 2022 11:26 AM

The biggest misstep Heard’s counsel has made so far is their cross of Dr. Curry. Any psychologist who gives a personality disorder diagnosis after two days of testing is a hack and deserves to be exposed as such. They didn’t do their homework.

by Anonymousreply 518May 3, 2022 11:49 AM

I think their cross of Dr. Curry was perfect, r518

by Anonymousreply 519May 3, 2022 12:29 PM

[quote]His schedule was full before the WP published this op-ed.

WaPo published it December 18, 2018.

Depp's career was hurt in 2017, so much so that JK Rowling had to launch a lengthy defense of him in December of 2017, to explain why they kept him in the film.

Further, WB didn't ask him to resign from Fantastic Beasts until November 2020, two years after the op-ed.

They have to make a case that his career wasn't hurt UNTIL the op-ed, but Rowling's defense of him a year before the op-ed was published makes it clear that his career was already hurt simply by the allegations made. The fact that he wasn't asked to leave the franchise until two years AFTER the op-ed also points to the op-ed not being the determining factor.

by Anonymousreply 520May 3, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote]They have to make a case that his career wasn't hurt UNTIL the op-ed, but Rowling's defense of him a year before the op-ed was published makes it clear that his career was already hurt simply by the allegations made. The fact that he wasn't asked to leave the franchise until two years AFTER the op-ed also points to the op-ed not being the determining factor.

Or as with the entire Me-Too movement, had had sufficient goodwill until the pressure had mounted so far that the op-ed was the tipping point and even Rowling's spirited defense of him was no longer sufficient to protect him.

by Anonymousreply 521May 3, 2022 12:58 PM

[quote]had had sufficient goodwill until the pressure had mounted so far that the op-ed was the tipping point and even Rowling's spirited defense of him was no longer sufficient to protect him.

If the op-ed was what made Warner Bros change their mind about Depp, they would have cut ties with him sooner than they did. They wouldn't have waited around for two whole years after the op-ed to fire him, if the op-ed was the deciding factor.

The deciding factor was the UK court decision in Depp's lawsuit against The Sun. Depp lost the case on November 2, 2020, and Warner Bros. asked him to quit Fantastic Beasts on November 6th, four days later.

It is clear that the outcome of the case was the deciding factor, not the op-ed.

I'm sorry, but the timeline just does not work out for you guys on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522May 3, 2022 1:22 PM

[Quote]If the op-ed was what made Warner Bros change their mind about Depp, they would have cut ties with him sooner than they did.

I think his agent testified that there was a difference since all previous articles were just gossip from tabloids and rags, but the op-ed was first hand testimony from the "victim". So they all canceled his projects after the op-ed appeared and it's still impossible for him to find work today.

You guys think that ACLU is shady as fuck? Their lawyers drafted the op-ed, hired AH as an ambassador, timed the publishing of the article with the release of her big Hollywood blockbuster and plotted with a notorious liar and abuser to destroy this man's career....basically without any hard evidence that he really physically or sexually abused her.

by Anonymousreply 523May 3, 2022 1:45 PM

Yes, ACLU is shady as fuck these days. Any organization with Chase Strangio cannot be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 524May 3, 2022 2:08 PM

do you think Amber was hoping that ACLU would let her off her promise of $$ if she did the op ed?

by Anonymousreply 525May 3, 2022 2:10 PM

I believe the former president of the ACLU (Nadine Strossen) has been critical of the current orientation of the organization.

The current ACLU would probably never have been involved with Skokie.

by Anonymousreply 526May 3, 2022 2:11 PM

ACLU has those obnoxious people they employ who stand in front of you in crowded areas waving their arms at you like creeps to talk you into giving them money via a credit card for a monthly donation.

by Anonymousreply 527May 3, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote]it's still impossible for him to find work today

It's not. He's in the Louis XV project, and after the op-ed he got Minimata, Waiting for the Barbarians, and the Puffins voice work.

Polanski can still make movies, don't tell me Depp can't get hired anywhere. Come on now.

And I hate to be too obvious here, but if he'd spent time looking for work instead of filing lawsuits, he'd probably have had more than the four jobs he DID get even after the op-ed.

by Anonymousreply 528May 3, 2022 2:17 PM

I know that they don't meet every day, but holy fuck. This is only day 13? It feels like we're several months into this trial.

by Anonymousreply 529May 3, 2022 2:18 PM

[Quote]Polanski can still make movies, don't tell me Depp can't get hired anywhere. Come on now.

This is not true. Listen to the testimony of his agent. The deals for Minimata and Barbarians were done long before the op-ed was published. Barbarians was filmed before the op-ed dropped in late December, Minimata was filmed in January 2019. His agent testified that Depp did not get any work after that and Minimata was the last film he shot. Also you cannot really compare voice work for an animated series with his career before the op-ed. Voice work for one animated series in almost four years! He lost $22.5 m on that Pirates deal with Disney alone.

by Anonymousreply 530May 3, 2022 3:00 PM

So Depp's future has nothing to do with his Rolling Stone article wherein he sounds crazy and off the rails. It has nothing to do with his drunken antics or production delays due to HIS behavior or to his obvious and out-of-control drug addictions.

Please. Pull the other leg.

by Anonymousreply 531May 3, 2022 3:20 PM

Most people in the industry have known about his antics, alcoholism and drug abuse. He's had this reputation since the early 90s. Hollywood and the general public did not care. It's different to accuse someone at the height of the me too movement of sexual abuse and domestic violence. Is this so hard to understand r531.

by Anonymousreply 532May 3, 2022 3:32 PM

Is Heard's team trying to get the judge to scrap the entire trial now?

by Anonymousreply 533May 3, 2022 4:33 PM

You do whatever is in the best interests of your client. If it means scrapping a trial then you do that. Sometimes mistrials are a win.

by Anonymousreply 534May 3, 2022 4:38 PM

r530, he signed for the Louis XV movie after the op-ed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535May 3, 2022 4:43 PM

Minamata was produced by Depp himself. Are he and his agent really saying that he can't get another film made, when he apparently makes his own films?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 3, 2022 4:45 PM

I hope Amber's team bring out the Rolling Stone article. I have no doubt she's a crazy mess, but so is he

by Anonymousreply 537May 3, 2022 4:47 PM

So the VA state seal has ‘Sic Semper Tyrannis’ (thus always to tyrants) written on it. That’s what John Wilkes Booth yelled as he shot Lincoln. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 538May 3, 2022 5:36 PM

Pop that corn, girls. The Dr. who did the psych eval on Depp is about to testify!

by Anonymousreply 539May 3, 2022 6:07 PM

Amber Heard fired her PR team because this trial is destroying what she'd built, her image as a victim. I've seen intelligent liberal women on Twitter say they used to believe Amber Heard due to a tendency to side with women who claim abuse but, after giving this trial with more attention, they feel none of the evidence being presented fit Heard's narrative. Only on Dataloungeworld is everything fine for Amber. People here lost their ability to think for themselves a while ago - you all just think what the media tell you to, and the media isn't really reckoning with Amber Heard's loss of credibility yet; they bet everything on this being a typical Me Too narrative, and it's embarrassing to admit they've been wrong. It's this, and only this, that is allowing so many of you to remain in denial about the table turn this story has been for Heard and Depp.

by Anonymousreply 540May 3, 2022 6:09 PM

[quote]I've seen intelligent liberal women on Twitter say they used to believe Amber Heard due to a tendency to side with women who claim abuse but, after giving this trial with more attention, they feel none of the evidence being presented fit Heard's narrative.

We know, r540. This isn't the first time you've trotted out this tired trope in an attempt to undermine Heard.

by Anonymousreply 541May 3, 2022 6:12 PM

[quote]I want this trial to end. I can't stand the insanity from his fans

Yeah, that's totally the reason you want it to end. It's totally not because of how many beliefs you've previously held have been refuted about the two people at the center of this story. It's totally not because you're scared of seeing the public take the position you don't want it to take, which is what's happening more and more, with each new day this trial is covered. It's totally not because you're embarrassed to see that your feelings of righteousness vis-à-vis Johnny Depp may have been lacking foundation all along.

by Anonymousreply 542May 3, 2022 6:13 PM

This doc is board certified and has testified as an expert witness 50 times.

by Anonymousreply 543May 3, 2022 6:13 PM

I'd rather have a board-certified doctor who has tons of practical experience and has never testified as an expert.

by Anonymousreply 544May 3, 2022 6:17 PM

She has been practicing with a license since 1996.

by Anonymousreply 545May 3, 2022 6:19 PM

I am watching as much for the fashion as the actual trial (I am a lawyer and usually don't care about court t.v. but this is just too good). Today, I think Amber's choice of a suit jacket is more appropriate for eveningwear.

Johnny Depp is once again dressed like some sort of zoot-suit 1940s gangster.

by Anonymousreply 546May 3, 2022 6:31 PM

Also, has anyone noticed the female lawyer sitting next to Depp? He has been seen pulling out her chair for her and there is a lot of touching and she is sitting very close to him. I bet they are banging.

by Anonymousreply 547May 3, 2022 6:36 PM

Have you guys noticed that Depp is constantly touching his nose? I'm also not sure if chewing gum and joking with the female lawyer all the time is a good look.

by Anonymousreply 548May 3, 2022 6:43 PM

Depp lost the plot a long time ago. He think he walks on water, and to his fans, he does. I do find his suits very entertaining. You can feel the anger in him, so it is hilarious to read his fans' commentary. You'd think the guy was St. Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 549May 3, 2022 6:47 PM

Do you think Amber will ever date a man again?

by Anonymousreply 550May 3, 2022 7:08 PM

That depend$.

by Anonymousreply 551May 3, 2022 7:10 PM

Wait, this doctor also diagnosed Amber Heard. Are they going to have a doctor testify who diagnosed Johnny Depp? I want to know what is wrong with him!

by Anonymousreply 552May 3, 2022 7:37 PM

Rolling Stone calls out the stans as psychos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553May 3, 2022 8:09 PM

These people seem well.

"The concern is real enough that two Depp stans — Brooke Walsh (@depplyhallows) and Isabelle Orsini (@Izze1122) — were booted from the courtroom on April 13 and 14, respectively, after Heard’s legal team raised their unsettling social media footprints. According to a screenshot provided by a source close to Heard, Walsh tweeted in 2016, “I Can’t Wait For The Day I Kill Amber Heard,” while Orsini revealed to her Twitter followers the name of the London hotel Heard was staying at in 2021."

by Anonymousreply 554May 3, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote]I believe the former president of the ACLU (Nadine Strossen) has been critical of the current orientation of the organization...The current ACLU would probably never have been involved with Skokie.

Back when I first heard about Skokie, I was appalled that the ACLU took the case. Later, as my point of view has matured, I've realized that that is exactly the type of case they should take.

They are no longer concerned as much about civil liberties as about politics. I hope they go back to a more principled position.

by Anonymousreply 555May 3, 2022 8:46 PM

I am guessing that Amber's elaborate braided up-do's are a combination of her real hair with pieces/extensions? I love the look.

by Anonymousreply 556May 3, 2022 8:56 PM

[quote] I believe the former president of the ACLU (Nadine Strossen) has been critical of the current orientation of the organization.

I only listen to tv while I work and I'm pretty sure it was Bill Maher's show last week, where a guest said they thought it might be the people at the ACLU that talked Amber into doing the article.

by Anonymousreply 557May 3, 2022 10:20 PM

Cavity search lol

by Anonymousreply 558May 4, 2022 1:43 AM

Amber Heard’s team fires back at Johnny Depp with sordid abuse claims

jJohnny Depp abused Amber Heard with a bottle, forced her to give him oral sex and subjected her to “cavity searches” during their relationship, a psychologist testified Tuesday — as the actress finally began presenting her side in the couple’s defamation trial.

Dr. Dawn Hughes, the first witness to be called by Heard’s defense team, said the 36-year-old “Aquaman” star suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder after her marriage to Depp due to the alleged abuse she suffered at his hands.

“When Mr. Depp was drunk or high, he threw her on the bed, ripped off her nightgown and tried to have sex with her,” said Hughes, referring to alleged incidents Heard had reported to her.

“There were times when he forced her to give him oral sex when he was angry at her.”

In more graphic testimony, Hughes described how Depp allegedly performed “a cavity search” of Heard’s private with his fingers — and said the actress “disassociated” herself when Depp allegedly abused her with a bottle.

Hughes, who specializes in “interpersonal violence abuse,” said the actress was particularly vulnerable after growing up in an abusive household, where she learned “to love someone who hurt her.”

“Love and normalcy are almost always in these relationships,” Hughes, who was an expert witness at the trials of disgraced rapper R. Kelly and Nxivm sex-slave cult leader Keith Raniere, testified at the Depp trial.

“When you’re in a lull and the violence isn’t happening, you’re back with the man you fell in love with. It creates a trauma bond,” she said.

Heard appeared to be on the verge of tears during testimony about her childhood with an abusive father, which Hughes said made her more susceptible to be victimized again.

“She learned from a very early age how to be a caretaker,” Hughes said. “She learned that she can love someone who hurt her.”

The psychologist said Heard believed she could “fix” Depp — “just like she tried to fix her father.”

“She truly believed she could fix Mr. Depp and rid him of his substance abuse problems, but that did not work,” Hughes said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559May 4, 2022 3:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560May 4, 2022 3:52 AM

"Love and normalcy are almost always in these relationships."

WTF? What does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 561May 4, 2022 4:33 AM

R561 I think she means that these relationships aren't dysfunctional 24/7 - that there are times of normalcy and love as well as times of dysfunction, which is part of how people get sucked into staying in them.

by Anonymousreply 562May 4, 2022 4:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563May 4, 2022 5:32 AM

Is it normal for healthy 30-year-olds to have a nurse?

by Anonymousreply 564May 4, 2022 5:41 AM

No, but it seems like a good way for rich addicts to get some extra drugs and emotional support.

by Anonymousreply 565May 4, 2022 5:49 AM

Here's the new thread since this one is no longer loading properly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 4, 2022 5:50 AM

Why was he so concerned she was seeing other men, but not other women?

by Anonymousreply 567May 4, 2022 6:25 AM

R559, OMG. No wonder his fans are desperately trying to discredit her and this witness.

Maybe he figured out he could get away with abuse since his type of abuse doesn't leave visible marks.

by Anonymousreply 568May 4, 2022 6:45 AM

I think she was saying that abusers force the abused to love them and consider their behavior normal, r561. I agree it was worded in a very confusing way.

by Anonymousreply 569May 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Who is the undisclosed male celebrity she tripped with at her house behind Depp's back?

by Anonymousreply 570May 4, 2022 11:07 AM

R567 because people are threatened by other men more than women and see men as 'the real thing'. I guess it's a form of homophobia and sexism together.

by Anonymousreply 571May 4, 2022 11:58 AM

He’s giggling and drawing in the courtroom like a Richard Widmark villain.

He’ll never change.

by Anonymousreply 572May 4, 2022 5:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!