Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Harmonic Discordance, Pt. 2

Previous thread locked now, carry on the discussion...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2022 5:06 AM

Sorry I cheaped out on the intro, but I've fallen behind on the show and wasn't sure what was currently topical!

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2022 2:59 AM

Thanks for the new thread, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2022 11:00 AM

Will Alexis dabble in the sapphic arts before Harmony falls (yet another) victim to the Llantano River?

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2022 3:20 PM

Michael E Knight can cum inside me, anytime! He’s still hot to this day.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2022 3:27 PM

Howling at the preview for this week. Will Cuntly fall victim to Harmony’s giant syringe?!

I hope not, just so we can enjoy the five-alarm bitch fire that occurs when she finds out Nina is Willow’s real mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2022 3:43 PM

I knew Carly would have to find out about Willow before any of the regular characters. Now the question will be, does Carly try to keep another daughter from Nina?

That could be what leads to a permanent break-up with Sonny. With the recent news that Mo's son was going to be on GH, I wonder/hope that Frank and GH used that to negotiate with Mo to let them do somethings he might not like but is better for the show. Like having Michael be on the outs with Sonny and to actually battle him and getting Carly separated from him. The character of Carly is 100x more watchable when she isn't with Sonny, which has always been the case with LW's Carly. She was better with Jax, Franco(even though that makes absolutely no sense), and even Jason. Plus they are probably having placate her with some juicy stories because they just let her paramour go.

by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2022 3:57 PM

Why is Maura West trying to look like Joan Rivers?

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2022 4:03 PM

It's never healthy for an actor to have control of a show.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2022 4:33 PM

They are going to have to placate LW big time. I don't think being demoted from being one half of the ruling couple is going to sit well with her. Saw a behind the scenes clip of MB/LW/CW after they filmed that scene where Carly walked in on Sonny/Nina in bed and CW was hugging and kissing all over LW and LW just kept looking straight ahead and didn't even acknowledge her....

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2022 4:51 PM

I’m cool with LW leaving unhappy so we can get SJB back!!!

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2022 10:43 PM

Or TB preferably… even Gina T would make a better Carly than Cujo…

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2022 10:44 PM

After all these years, LW is Carly. I have accepted that.

by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2022 10:46 PM

LW was always miscast as Carly.

And it’s insane how much she’s featured on this show. They desperately need to slash her guarantees. Why is she suddenly in this Nina/Willow/Harmony story? They already had her learn about Nelle and Nina. Now she gets to have this too?

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2022 11:00 PM

R13 There is no way Carly wouldn't be involved in the Nina/Willow/Harmony story, regardless of the actress. After the Nina/Carly/Nelle story they had to put her in this one, because it gives Carly a choice, will she keep Nina in the dark as payback over Sonny, or will she tell Nina because she feels guilt over Nelle?

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2022 11:14 PM

LW isn’t going anywhere. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2022 11:17 PM

Laura Wright has played Carly for 17 years now.

Sarah Brown played the part for 5 years.

Tamara Braun played the part of 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2022 11:42 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, you know, told Maura to go for the Joan Rivers look.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2022 11:44 PM

Yeah and we still want the actresses back who held the role for less years…after almost two decades LW hasn’t won us over in the role

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2022 11:57 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, keeps Laura Wright around. He has said that he will never let her leave the role. She’s that good as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2022 12:59 AM

I can't decide if Leo is both autistic and gay or if he just has a huge brocrush on Chase, but it was sweet either way. I would totally watch a sitcom spinoff of Chase and BL raising a bunch of orphans.

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2022 1:42 AM

LW is now so historically and permanently Carly that when they do Carly flashbacks now, they insert LW into scenes when she wasn't even on the show playing the role

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2022 2:31 AM

LW kicks ass as Carly, a hurricane of Karen-gone-wild white lady range and entitlement. Indelible!

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2022 2:59 AM

Missing SJB’s white trash anti heroine roughness or even TBs layered GHs female leading lady…LW has never worked. Carson doesn’t work with her. The lead of the show doesn’t work with her unlikeable take.

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2022 3:48 AM

Leo and gAiden are on a collision course with love.

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2022 9:34 AM

Does anyone else see them laying the ground work to end Sonny as a mobster? Maybe playing Mike convinced him to move Sonny into Victor Kiriakis territory and leave the mob behind. Or are they really finally going to let Michael's balls drop for good and keep them at odds?

Also, again, the temp recast was fine, but why does it seem to happen at such important times? That was a scene that required the real Alexis, not a temp.

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2022 1:00 AM

I thought the fake Alexis was pretty hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2022 1:07 AM

R26 Her voice was like Alexis, if she was a chain smoker.

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2022 1:34 AM

TempAlexis looked like an aged version of Robin Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2022 2:10 AM

Hasn’t the Alexis character run it’s course?

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2022 1:20 PM

Temp Alexis has a real Debra Winger drag queen vibe.

by Anonymousreply 30April 27, 2022 1:26 PM

With this new actress on board, I want to writers to reveal that Alexis gave up alcohol but developed a three pack a day cigarette habit.

by Anonymousreply 31April 27, 2022 4:33 PM

Don't forget Alexis is a lung cancer survivor.

Apparently the writers forgot. When was the last time that was even mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 32April 27, 2022 4:54 PM

Herbst will never be lauded for "turning shit into sugar." She either hates this storyline or is a terrible actress. ABC owns this show and never cross-promotes, or even has the actors appear on GMA or other network properties. I think the directive has been given to Frank, et al.

by Anonymousreply 33April 27, 2022 5:24 PM

Disagree about Herbst. She’s turned shit into sugar plenty of times. I’ve never seen her phone it in until this story. I don’t think she knows how to play it it. And I don’t think the writers even know what’s going on. It’s just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 34April 27, 2022 11:23 PM

R34 It is a story that could go several different ways, they could be keeping her in the dark because they want her to play it as real.

by Anonymousreply 35April 28, 2022 12:30 AM

Was anyone on here watching Y&R in 2014? Apparently, tempAlexis was Dr. Janice Mead for 13 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 36April 28, 2022 12:36 AM

Have the fat soap twitter queenz commented on Maura’s choice of the Joan Rivers look?

by Anonymousreply 37April 28, 2022 12:53 AM

Alexis and many others have run their course on this show.

by Anonymousreply 38April 28, 2022 12:58 AM

Howling at pill-addled Willow running over Harmony with Gladys riding shotgun. A thrill.

by Anonymousreply 39April 28, 2022 1:18 AM

Becky has been a staple thru thick and thin as Elizabeth - she should be the shows leading lady. Her age range, chemistry, and that she works at GH.

by Anonymousreply 40April 28, 2022 1:21 AM

They should've given Gladys like 1% of the company, with the way they are acting that should've been enough for her to be rich without mooching off of others for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 41April 28, 2022 1:35 AM

Any Vancessa Marcia gossip?

by Anonymousreply 42April 28, 2022 1:41 AM

TempAlexis has the same monotone lack of energy as Sam.

by Anonymousreply 43April 28, 2022 1:57 AM

WTF with the nail salon scene? I do not want an Ava and Finn pairing.

by Anonymousreply 44April 28, 2022 2:24 AM

If they are chem testing Ava with others could that mean they are finally getting rid of milquetoast Marcus?

by Anonymousreply 45April 28, 2022 2:26 AM

Is Willow on drugs now too? Did she really run over her "mother"? Did she first find out everything Harmony has done or was she just driving high? As for Gladys I truly don't GAS. I can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 46April 28, 2022 2:28 AM

R46, my mistake, I meant Sasha, not Willow.

by Anonymousreply 47April 28, 2022 2:44 AM

Sasha doesn’t have a mother of the show. She’s another waste of airtime.

by Anonymousreply 48April 28, 2022 12:43 PM

Any guesses as to what Curtis's father did? I think it could be a gay storyline. He was arrested at a protest and committed to a mental asylum instead of jail. He felt he had to leave his family and that it would be better for his sons to think he was dead. With the time period involved his father being a closeted gay black jazz musician would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 49April 29, 2022 1:42 AM

But the time period was just 40 years ago, R49. Were closeted gay black jazz musicians committed to mental asylums in 1982 for whatever it was he was supposedly protesting?

Of course, that file Selina found for Curtis could be fiction created at some point to provide Marshall with a cover/back story.

by Anonymousreply 50April 29, 2022 5:06 AM

R50 Oh for some reason I was placing them in the late 60s/early 70s. The mental institution part seems to be real because Sonny recognized the prescription.

by Anonymousreply 51April 29, 2022 5:20 AM

Actors schedules and other show storylines can cause a storyline to freeze for a long time like Curtis' father story has.

But this storyline has been stalled for so long that even the writers couldn't write another "I have something to say but I'm not going to say it" scene. Looks like they decided to send the actor away for a while until they ready to tell the whole story

by Anonymousreply 52April 29, 2022 1:55 PM

Another newbie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 29, 2022 1:59 PM

The Riddler aka Curtis' dad is on contract.

by Anonymousreply 54April 29, 2022 2:51 PM

Gladly give up hat guy for Dex/Dax whatever. He cute.

by Anonymousreply 55April 29, 2022 7:33 PM

NuTrina looks like she's 11 years old, and Esme looks like a man in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 56April 30, 2022 9:54 AM

Esme overhearing Spencer plead his case to Trina—and then Trina overhearing him do the same to Esme—during the same night in the gallery was a sure sign that this story has nowhere left to go. And when is the truth going to be revealed about Esme’s relationship to Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 57April 30, 2022 8:24 PM

I don't think they know where to go with Esme and Ryan and it will probably never be referred to again. They do need a who killed Esme story ASAP, although a who killed Joss story would be greatly appreciated too. I think they can work with Cam, Trina, and Spencer. They all have some acting chops but Joss needs to go, not just the actress but the character.

by Anonymousreply 58April 30, 2022 8:31 PM

They probably will drop the Esme Ryan story which is a shame since that was one of the more interesting scenes they’ve had in months.

by Anonymousreply 59April 30, 2022 9:37 PM

How do I look?

by Anonymousreply 60April 30, 2022 10:27 PM

This was unexpected...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2022 3:30 AM

I guess NBC/Sony/Days doesn't have a mandatory vaccine policy like Disney does r61 or has dropped it. Then again the actress who plays Gabi on Days once got called out for her Covid behaviour as did the actor who plays Ben on another site.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2022 10:49 AM

Yay for Steve Burton! Welcome! P.S. Even people who are vaxxed and double boosted are getting and spreading covid.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2022 2:36 PM

Must have been a dull day today, no posts.

by Anonymousreply 64May 2, 2022 8:29 PM

Watching Willow try to act…rough.

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2022 2:25 PM

Uh oh. Fat Maxie just noticed FrAustin's enormous ears. The cannibalism storyline is about to commence.

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2022 6:11 PM

[quote]Uh oh. Fat Maxie just noticed FrAustin's enormous ears. The cannibalism storyline is about to commence.

As long as we don't have to hear him going on about her tampoons...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2022 7:02 PM

Will Sonny and Nina become a couple or just keep doing dance routines?

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2022 8:09 PM

Perhaps they are auditioning for the upcoming season of DWTS on Disney+? A soap themed season might bring in some ratings. Soap stars from all three networks past and present. Maybe a Victor Newmann/Sonny Corinthos dance off. Just spitballing here...

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2022 8:17 PM

R69 EB is so old now they would have to let him "dance" in a wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2022 8:21 PM

R70 Could be entertaining, nonetheless, albeit in a Special Olympics meets Bucket List kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 71May 4, 2022 2:27 AM

What was with Maxie’s bedazzled sweater today? Is that a Crimson must-have?

by Anonymousreply 72May 4, 2022 2:39 AM

Frank Smith's lawyer has finally been found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 4, 2022 4:55 AM

Steve Burton is separated from his wife and she's pregnant with someone else's child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 4, 2022 9:03 PM

@ R74 Bwahahaha, gotta love those strong religious convictions!

by Anonymousreply 75May 4, 2022 9:13 PM

Something is def off about Valentin. His whole affect was odd, and then Nina caught him in that lie about sending Charlotte off to boarding school to protect her from Peter and Victor, when Char had just told her on the phone that it was Victor who dropped her off. Yep, I think he turned Val into one of his pods while he was supposedly "recuperating."

by Anonymousreply 76May 4, 2022 9:47 PM

Good catch about Valentin. He also had his hand in front of his mouth when he was speaking which I found odd, isn't that a clue someone is lying when they cover their mouth?

Having his own Disney+ series agrees with JPS, he's looking well, very well.

Anna and Robert shilling Hulu, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 77May 4, 2022 9:52 PM

So JPS is allowed to do two shows at the same time but Vinessa Antoine wasn't?

by Anonymousreply 78May 4, 2022 9:55 PM

JPS's show is with Disney which ABC owns so it's all in the family. Also, JPS is recurring.

Vinessa's show was in Canada and she was on contract.

by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2022 9:58 PM

Lenny!!!!!

And why the hell does Phyllis not have a headshot in the opening yet?

by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2022 9:58 PM

Maybe I missed it, but it looked like Monica isn't in the opening, either. I know she had that temp replacement a while back, but haven't heard of anything since.

by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote]JPS's show is with Disney which ABC owns so it's all in the family. Also, JPS is recurring.

You've got that backwards. ABC doesn't won Disney. Disney owns ABC.

by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2022 11:55 PM

r82 Yes that's what I meant, I'm having a backwards day on all fronts.

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2022 12:00 AM

I'm sorry but why the fuck would two sixty year olds even be talking about having a kid? Even ten years ago it would've been pushing it for those two in terms of storyline.

Also, I know some people dislike Carly being in the Harmony story but I'm sorry the rules of soapdom is that she had to be the ONLY living person who knows that Willow's mama is Nina. Though Phyllis has to know something, right?

And, doesn't it tie up the whole Nina looking for her daughter story, very nicely. Sasha, Nina's fake daughter, killed the woman who had "stolen" her real daughter and raised her in cults. And, now we have Carly, the woman we are repeatedly reminded hid Nell's identity from Nina. Carly will keep this from Nina for a while, I'm sure. But, she will eventually cave and get a revelation scene written especially to get her an Emmy and if we are lucky Nina will give an Emmy focused performance as well. Hell, Ava is connected to both so work her in, too.

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2022 5:12 AM

Give Lenny an Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 85May 5, 2022 12:38 PM

Carly swooping in last minute for the big reveal was typical GH.

by Anonymousreply 86May 5, 2022 12:48 PM

I think Carly will keep this from Nina for a long while to get back at Nina for keeping "Mike's" identity from her. I think when the truth comes out Willow, Sonny and Michael will all be against Carly. At least I hope. Carly needs to not have anyone in the world to turn too. Hell, even Bobby should turn against her if she's not in between face lifts and can get some screen time.

by Anonymousreply 87May 5, 2022 4:25 PM

Steve got himself a Daily Mail headline. Probably not the subject matter he had hoped would make him internationally famous, lol.

by Anonymousreply 88May 5, 2022 4:35 PM

How long before the inevitable health crisis that requires a rare blood or tissue type that, miraculously, only Nina has? It seemed like they were setting that up a couple months ago already, when Willow passed out at GH.

by Anonymousreply 89May 5, 2022 4:36 PM

GH is famous for having their big new storylines last for one episode never to be seen or heard from again. I wonder why they do this. Do they switch the lesser writers by the day so that there is no continuity?

by Anonymousreply 90May 5, 2022 6:28 PM

I suspect it does have something to do with the rotating group of writers. Each one probably has their own pet storylines that only they promote, while the other writers ignore them in favor of their own. Creative ego, and all.

by Anonymousreply 91May 5, 2022 6:53 PM

Funny that you use the word creative in describing GH writers, R91!

by Anonymousreply 92May 5, 2022 8:09 PM

I want Steve Burton’s sperms deep inside me!

by Anonymousreply 93May 5, 2022 8:11 PM

GH Daytime Emmy acting nominations:

Lead actress: Carly & Nina

Supporting actress: Alexis & Britt

Supporting actor: Cyrus & Valentin

Younger performer: Spencer, Cameron, original Trina

by Anonymousreply 94May 5, 2022 8:16 PM

R94 here.

Left one out:

Guest Performance: Hat-man, Marshall Ashford

by Anonymousreply 95May 5, 2022 8:19 PM

Thanks r94.

I'm rooting for Nina, Britt, Valentin (although Cyrus deserves it but my loyalties lie with JPS) and Spencer.

If HatDaddy wins as guest his speech will be him talking in circles just like he does on the show.

by Anonymousreply 96May 5, 2022 8:23 PM

My fave daytime Emmy nomination:

OUTSTANDING HAIRSTYLING

Red Table Talk, Facebook Watch

by Anonymousreply 97May 5, 2022 8:25 PM

Guest actor category is stupid. Hat man has been on almost a year. That is not a guest. And I still think Vernee Watson should give back her guest Emmy. She’s been on the show for 4 years. That is not a guest. She can keep her supporting actress emmy.

by Anonymousreply 98May 5, 2022 9:43 PM

Thank God no Joss. What an insult to acting she is.

by Anonymousreply 99May 6, 2022 1:07 AM

I kinda hate to say it but I'm warming up to Dr. Terry. She is the type of trans character that is ok to me, because every other word out of her mouth isn't about being trans. GH allows her to be a character not an avatar, which is very different from the trans characters I've seen on other shows. Also, she passes more than many. If anyone started watching after she was first introduced, they might not even realize that she is trans.

I still wouldn't sleep with her but I don't mind her.

by Anonymousreply 100May 6, 2022 2:28 AM

Terry’s fun! I like that she hates annoying Amy.

by Anonymousreply 101May 6, 2022 2:52 AM

Somehow Dex will turn out to be Jason's long lost son. I wouldn't be surprised if they figure out a way to make him Carly and Jason's unknown son.

Also, Brooke Lynn and Chase are about the cutest couple I've seen in any media. Since spinoffs can now be nominated for Drama Series Emmys, hulu needs to launch a five episode series focused on the two of them. I purpose they get married on GH and then the hulu series can be their honeymoon where they run into Tracy and a few other vets that haven't been on in a while, and have an adventure.

by Anonymousreply 102May 6, 2022 2:55 AM

Did nurse Amy gain all that weight back?

by Anonymousreply 103May 6, 2022 3:57 AM

Chet and Dex would have been a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 104May 6, 2022 5:19 AM

So we're supposed to believe that Terry and Chet spent all that time together, but Terry never mentioned that she was chief of staff at GH, and Chet never asked if she knew his sister Amy who just happens to be a nurse there?

Are the writers truly that idiotic, or do they laugh when they write that shit like no viewers will notice.

by Anonymousreply 105May 6, 2022 5:34 AM

Thank god that squirrel faced Joss was not nominated for an emmy. She must be pissed that her co-stars got recognized over her. Ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 106May 6, 2022 9:53 AM

Anybody think that the West Coast bad guy will turn out to be Elijah Crowe? Sonny brought his name up and it made me wonder.

by Anonymousreply 107May 6, 2022 3:43 PM

Not a whole lot of reason to name drop Elijah again after nine months unless its to lay the groundwork to bring him back for revenge.

by Anonymousreply 108May 6, 2022 4:39 PM

Would that mean Elijah is the one Jennifer Smith is in league with? Husband, maybe? Prior speculations were that Julian was going to be resurrected as the secret new mob boss to be reckoned with, and that pairing might have made sense in that the Smiths and the Jeromes would have known each other from way back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 109May 6, 2022 5:54 PM

The Daytime Emmy nom list is usually shit, but, IMO, the three best actors on GH all got nominations: Jeff Kober (Cyrus), JPL (Valentin), and Kelly Thiebaud, (Britt).

Anyone deserving a nom that didn't get one? I can't think of any.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 6, 2022 6:03 PM

I still think Aunt Stella has a unknown child out there someplace. Likely a child she thought died in childbirth.

Maybe its Elijah.

by Anonymousreply 111May 6, 2022 6:05 PM

R110 I would’ve added Maura West to the supporting actress list, although this wasn’t a huge year for her.

by Anonymousreply 112May 6, 2022 6:55 PM

R33 Yes that is correct ABC gave Frank the bulk of control of GH around the start of Summer 2017, when Maurice went over his head and asked the network to re-hire Steve Burton when Frank wouldn't (similar to the revolt on the writers that got Ron canned). Frank was against Steve coming back because he still held a grudge against Steve for abandoning ship by jumping from GH to join Jill Farren Phelps at Y&R in 2012 . Reportedly some ABC execs in charge of their daytime department were so tired of GH actors complaining to them about storylines and casting decisions that they told them to direct any concerns to Frank going forward, so the issues with reinstating Steve were the final straw for them. Frank had tried wrestling control from then ABC head Channing Dungey since 2016 (even when ABC got the rights back to AMC & OLTL in the Fall of 2016, Frank and Channing were still butting heads) so when she quit in the Fall of 2018, that was his opportunity to get the control that he wanted as well (which is where we are now).

by Anonymousreply 113May 6, 2022 11:30 PM

Maurice actually has wanted out of his pairing with Laura Wright's Carly since they placed them back together after the Franco fiasco in 2014. He's constantly suggested that they should both be with other people and that he liked the storylines where Sonny had another love interest (for example, he heavily pushed for Sonny to be with the lawyer that he slept with who was representing Carly about five years ago iirc). I always suspected that Frank kept Sonny & Carly glued together for two reasons: 1. Because he sees them as GH's version of Victor & Nikki 2. To spite Maurice (even though Frank publicly kisses his ass, I don't think he appreciated how Maurice would go over his head, and even though Frank is primarily in control, if someone does something once they can surely do it again, and Maurice holds a lot of rank with ABC. So Frank could tinker with his storylines to piss him off however if he pissed him off too much it could turn out badly for Frank. Pairing him with Nina is a benefit for Frank now because Nina is a pet, unlike some random lawyer or Olivia, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 114May 6, 2022 11:39 PM

As for Laura Wright's boyfriend I wouldn't be surprised either if he came back in another role unrelated to Peter or his good twin (if Peter is actually deceased). Frank placated her by hiring him so pairing her with Drew and keeping her as lead is probably his way to pacify her in the meantime. I also agree that Roger Howarth is languishing in his new role. He was supposed to return as Todd however with ABC's policy on rape and violence against women, it would've in essence been a case of trading in one rapist for another. Certain policies Frank get around (the vaccine mandate is another) regardless of hiw much more control he currently has.

by Anonymousreply 115May 6, 2022 11:58 PM

R115 By the end Marty had gotten over the rape to the point she could accept that Todd was much more than just the man who raped her, why can’t abc accept it?

by Anonymousreply 116May 7, 2022 12:07 AM

Another thing lol have you guys ever seen a soap character who never became rich like Elizabeth? The whole poor penniless Elizabeth story has been overdone to the point that it's tiresome. I remember when she was comolaining about being broke whike married to Lucky and they had to agree to be Jax and Courtney's surrogate because they were struggling to make ends meet (even though she had her nurse's salary along with his cop salary, they were still didn't have enough) and that was 17 years ago. Nurses from my understanding make a decent amount of money and it would have been realistic for her to make money off of her artwork on the side (unlike some soap characters who became rich on a whim or overnight). I've never seen a poor soap character who stayed poor throughout their entire duration on a soap (then again we've never seen her mom either which has been mentioned) except for her (Marcy on OLTL was poor for as long as she was on too iirc however her run wasn't as lengthy as Elizabeth's).

by Anonymousreply 117May 7, 2022 12:07 AM

R114 but at least Marcy got to become an infamous author.

by Anonymousreply 118May 7, 2022 12:14 AM

R116 The MeToo Movement is why ABC is against anything rape related, so with the exception of Luke Spencer, any character that is reminiscent of that type of behavior is banished. That's why Franco had to go and why Todd couldn't come back. I know it sounds silly lol however we're in a different environment now and audiences are sensitive. Focus groups allegedly began turning on the character of Franco after MeToo where it got to the point that all of those redemption stories they told to explain his behavior weren't enough to keep him. Add in the fact that he was married to a rape victim herself so the Friz fans were outnumbered by cancel culture.

by Anonymousreply 119May 7, 2022 12:20 AM

R119 Which was especially stupid with Franco, they explained that his actions were a result of a medical condition from which he was cured. And, he never actually raped anyone, but he was a serial killer. He only indirectly caused Michael to be raped. Todd or Luke chose to rape someone, without any mitigating factors.

by Anonymousreply 120May 7, 2022 12:33 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this Dex Kid is really Morgan with a facelift and amnesia ala Drew Cain?

by Anonymousreply 121May 7, 2022 12:41 AM

Do you guys even realize that JOSS did not get an Emmy nomination? Do you realize that?

by Anonymousreply 122May 7, 2022 12:47 AM

R118 Thanks lol I had a feeling she ended up with money somehow I just couldn't remember the way it happened. Didn't Al's spirit inhabit Michael McBain, which is how Nathaniel Marston stayed on after they killed Al off? The original Michael was an uptight doctor I think before Al's spirit took over. I know this isn't an OLTL thread to anyone who's thinking that lol

by Anonymousreply 123May 7, 2022 2:05 AM

R120 Right however those weren't good enough reasons to keep him as Franco so he had to go. Even if they did bring James Franco back it would only be short-term although given his personal history on top of the characters history, I would assume that would cause even more of an uproar than Roger continuing on as Franco. If anything, Liz has D I.D. as mostly everyone is suspecting unless they're trying to throw the audience off by assuming that, or they're changing it since too many ppl have figured it out; either way, there won't actually be any appearances from "Ghost Franco" imo.

by Anonymousreply 124May 7, 2022 2:13 AM

R121 Good theory. I was wondering if he's Brenda's son Alec (like how Dev was once rumored to be) and his dad is really not the race car driver (Aleksander?) instead it's retconned to Jax as his father. Someone I believe on another board thinks he's Jason's son.

by Anonymousreply 125May 7, 2022 2:17 AM

R122 I saw that lol out of that whole younger quad from last year she wasn't included.

by Anonymousreply 126May 7, 2022 2:19 AM

I have always wanted Brenda to come back to town with Michael's child. Just to see the look on Carly's face.

by Anonymousreply 127May 7, 2022 2:19 AM

I don’t get a vibe that Elizabeth is supposed to be poor. Doesn't she have a swanky house in what would be the center of the city?

by Anonymousreply 128May 7, 2022 2:36 AM

I'm so sorry for all of my spelling errors; it would probably be in my best interest to stop sneaking on here while I'm at work lol or at least proofread prior to posting. At R115 I meant that there are certain things that Frank can't get around, such as the vaccine mandate and the no rape policy, regardless of how much more control he currently has now. The other errors are probably more easier to identify again my apologies.

by Anonymousreply 129May 7, 2022 3:47 AM

R128 They constantly have her randomly mention not having any money as a reminder to viewers, like the other day when she was at the nail shop with Terry, she mentioned not having enough money, like she has always mentioned randomly over the years.

by Anonymousreply 130May 7, 2022 3:50 AM

Isn't Liz like the head nurse? Or is that Epiphany? She has 3 baby daddies, Jason was rich - shouldn't there have been an inheritance for his kid? I know that Lucky is a deadbeat dad, so she's not getting any money from him.

by Anonymousreply 131May 7, 2022 3:54 AM

R131 I think that's Epiphany who's head nurse however Liz has been there so long she should be right under her. I thought that as well, where's her child support from Jason lol Franco had money too from his paintings so I don't understand the whole Liz is poor angle they keep going with (guess Jason didn't pay monthly and Franco's money wasn't willed to her lol idk). Maybe it's a way to endear her to the audience since she has a large fan base lol

by Anonymousreply 132May 7, 2022 4:03 AM

Didn’t Phyllis once say something about having a “dead” daughter?

by Anonymousreply 133May 7, 2022 8:36 AM

Remember, over the holidays, when everyone was complaining about the heat? Port Charles must be on fire by now!

by Anonymousreply 134May 7, 2022 9:50 AM

[quote]Didn’t Phyllis once say something about having a “dead” daughter?

How many long lost daughter storylines can this show do?

On another topic, is it just me or is GH missing something? A lot of stories and a lot of characters, but nothing seems to be coming together. I think Shane Donovan is supposed to be some kind of big bad, but even he's not clicking. And that guy who plays Nicholas is awful.

by Anonymousreply 135May 7, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote]that guy who plays Nicholas is awful.

That's an understatement. Milquetoast Marcus is ruining every storyline he is involved in, everything falls flat. It does speak to the effectiveness of $cientology's tactic of over the top nice and friendly aka love bombing. EVERYONE raves about what a nice guy and great friend Marcus is. Hard to fire a really nice guy everyone likes, isn't it Frank? Frank couldn't even bring himself to fire Stafford when she became too aggressive and instead made her quit by writing the cult storyline that hit too close to home with an added bonus of naming the looney bin hospital "Miscavage". FV needs to write another cult or religion story to send Marcus packing.

by Anonymousreply 136May 7, 2022 1:13 PM

So are they trying to turn Sonny back into Mike without actually turning him into Mike lol or at least have a Sonny/Mike hybrid, because with all the slow dancing and meatball making it sure looks that way. They actually got a lot of mileage off that story last year so it seems they don't want to let it go.

by Anonymousreply 137May 9, 2022 2:10 PM

Now it makes sense why Maurice agreed upon Michael currently despising Sonny, more guarantees for his real life son to make guest appearances (as some have stated) along with Dex being somewhat of a surrogate son lol oh Maurice

by Anonymousreply 138May 9, 2022 2:16 PM

R133 She did although if I'm not mistaken she said her daughter had disowned her and Lenny, or maybe she mentioned her disowning them prior to her "death." Ever since she discussed that, I was under the impression that Portia is their daughter; when Phyllis bonded with Trina after she had stopped by their old bar, it seemed like they were setting that up for a future reveal storyline with Phyllis as her grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 139May 9, 2022 2:21 PM

Mo said the character of Dex is the new Jason.

by Anonymousreply 140May 10, 2022 1:49 AM

The only thin g worse than scenes with hat man are scenes ABOUT hat man. The scenes today with Curtis and TJ were dull as dishwater. Curtis should always be shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 141May 10, 2022 1:52 AM

NuTrina actress reminds me of Vanessa Marcil when she first started out, even though their characters aren't anything alike.

R127 Vanessa was up for the idea iirc which was Ron's, however she was in the minority of wanting Brenda and Michael to sleep together, let alone have a baby. Since Vanessa and Maurice are friends I'm pretty sure it was a friendly disagreement, and I think it was moreso Maurice's way of trying to keep Sonny & Brenda's history intact without "staining" it by Brenda had a baby by his son. On a more personal note, Laura Wright and Vanessa did not get along so it really wouldn't have set well with LW to have her character being the grandmother to Brenda's child.

by Anonymousreply 142May 10, 2022 6:21 AM

"it really wouldn't have set well with LW to have her character being the grandmother to Brenda's child."

That angle never occurred to me. Fuck, they should absolutely do it! It could totally revive the show! Right after they kill off Willow, of course. OR - Willow could be accidentally killed by Carly, falling off a cliff, right after Nina learns she's her daughter. (that is what's gonna happen, right?)

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2022 6:47 AM

Liz has been a surgical nurse for years. Franco was a famous artist, Zander came from money, Lucky should be paying child support and Jason was filthy rich. She’s also the only character consistently shown at work - it makes zero sense why she’s poor. They’ve even mentioned that Cameron works at Kelly’s to help out at home. He also doesn’t live on campus because of money… yet the kid got into Stanford. How did he not get a full ride into PCU? lol

Also, can LW go on a month long vacation or something? Did they really only bring Drew back for her?

by Anonymousreply 144May 10, 2022 12:31 PM

They had an interesting storyline with Harmony being a serial killer, only to wrap it up super quick to give Carly something to do - a boring storyline where she goes back and forth on keeping a secret. They wrote Hat guy out of town for the same reason, perhaps Carly can also leave.

by Anonymousreply 145May 10, 2022 2:03 PM

Laura Wright IS GH!

by Anonymousreply 146May 10, 2022 4:37 PM

Gotta say that MB's son is nice looking and a decent actor. It may still be nepotism but at least he didn't push a not so great looking terrible actor on the show. I think even if he wasn't MB's kid he might have landed the job.

by Anonymousreply 147May 10, 2022 7:17 PM

Watching today's show, Joss was 100% mini-Carly how long before we get a major Mother/Daughter storyline?

I also like how Ava was like I'm leaving because she knew she shouldn't get between Nina and Carly. Though I would love a story where the three of them are somehow trapped together and had to hash everything out.

Did NLG catch covid or something, how long was she out?

by Anonymousreply 148May 11, 2022 12:28 AM

NLG had back surgery. Not sure how long she was out.

And EMc has absorbed all of LW’s annoying acting tics right down to the smug smiling face in every scene, R148. They need to ship Josslyn off to visit Jax.

by Anonymousreply 149May 11, 2022 12:37 AM

I actually think it’s interesting to see those shadows of Carly in Joss—and I don’t care about Michael, but between him screwing over Ned, Joss bullying Cam, and Carly continually harassing Nina, this episode effectively portrayed how Carly’s toxicity extends to her children.

Sidebar: I had to LOL at the idea that Esme wouldn’t keep clothes from “last season,” since she dresses like a Manson girl who hasn’t run away from home just yet.

by Anonymousreply 150May 11, 2022 3:00 AM

I could see Erika Slezak as Esme's nanny.

by Anonymousreply 151May 11, 2022 3:11 AM

Is that Peter in a Valentin mask?

by Anonymousreply 152May 11, 2022 9:53 AM

*giggles* R152

by Anonymousreply 153May 11, 2022 12:04 PM

Don’t even think that R152!

by Anonymousreply 154May 11, 2022 1:37 PM

r152 how very dare you even suggest that.

I might have to shoot my tv Elvis style if that ever happens.

by Anonymousreply 155May 11, 2022 1:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 11, 2022 9:54 PM

r156

I liked him on OLTL.. I hope he's Lucky

by Anonymousreply 157May 11, 2022 10:08 PM

This show already has too many jacked lunkheads (Brando, Drew, Sonny’s new twunk bodyguard).

by Anonymousreply 158May 11, 2022 10:10 PM

Comment on the Deadline thread seemed to think he was a recast Drew.

by Anonymousreply 159May 11, 2022 10:10 PM

They don’t even write for the characters they have. Scenes are three seconds long.

by Anonymousreply 160May 11, 2022 10:12 PM

He would be a good Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 161May 11, 2022 10:37 PM

I will say though, if they bring Lucky back they better let Elizabeth be a bitch to him.

by Anonymousreply 162May 11, 2022 11:35 PM

Didn’t love the chubby medium today; bring back Veronica Cartwright!

by Anonymousreply 163May 11, 2022 11:56 PM

R153 I believe she was the "perfect" neighbor on The Middle.

by Anonymousreply 164May 12, 2022 12:16 AM

He’s not some jacked himbo - he’s charismatic and mischievous and a bit silly. I hope he’s New Lucky! Or better even as a new Dylan Q. Don’t waste him on some new pointless character!

by Anonymousreply 165May 12, 2022 1:26 AM

That’s right!

by Anonymousreply 166May 12, 2022 1:26 AM

I got the lowdown on Josh Kelly. He'll be playing a "brand new" character, but he's actually trans-Nelle. She lived and transitioned into a man so that she could sneak back to Port Charles, undetected, and kidnap Wiley. She/he does not know that Nina is his/her mom and Willow her/his twin sister. In fact, he'll become a love interest for Willow trying to willow her away from Michael in order to break them up. It'll be quite a shock when they all learn the truth.

by Anonymousreply 167May 12, 2022 8:43 AM

I don't think the trans actress who plays Terry would like that r167.

by Anonymousreply 168May 12, 2022 10:18 AM

Josh K and Brooklyn q actress turned out to be siblings on OLTL wonder if they will cross paths on GH?

by Anonymousreply 169May 12, 2022 12:37 PM

R169, I thought I’d read that the Josh K character will be mixing it up with Britt. Hot couple.

R167, that’s worse than what the GH writing staff comes up with. They’ll probably use it.

by Anonymousreply 170May 12, 2022 12:52 PM

R169 I forgot that, so it would be interesting if he was a new Dillon Q, only this time he'd be her uncle instead of brother.

by Anonymousreply 171May 12, 2022 3:01 PM

Does anyone know for sure, but I remember reading one time that soap writers get paid some kind of royalty payment whenever a character they created is used. It was in an article explaining why so many new head writers tend to jettison characters created by their predecessors and to create their own.

What I’m wondering is did James Franco negotiate something like that, it was said he basically created his storyline when Franco appeared he named the character after himself and named the mother, originally played by his mother, Betsy. I’m still convinced he is going to appear as Franco’s ghost. He has a new movie coming out and is trying to make a comeback. Surely him being a ghost would sidestep the abc directive since he would presumably not be a recurring character.

by Anonymousreply 172May 12, 2022 5:18 PM

I think the “spook” is Hayden. She does not want Finn and her daughter with Liz.

by Anonymousreply 173May 12, 2022 5:29 PM

Oh, you're GOOD, R173. Your theory also fits with the "doesn't use their first name/last name" thing from the psychic.

by Anonymousreply 174May 12, 2022 6:58 PM

Help keep The Chat on the air!!!! Only $4.99 per month. More if you can spare it!!! It’s very worthwhile to get all the soap gossip and listen to fat Casey and try to understand what ugly Alan is saying and then you have the stereotypical angry black guy!!! All for $5.99 per month. Save The Chat. They need us soapfans’ help!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 175May 12, 2022 9:40 PM

R6 Haven't heard about Dingo lately. Surely he musta died of the 'rona by now that cray cray anti-vaxxer.

by Anonymousreply 176May 12, 2022 9:45 PM

I want to be on The Chat! Interview me Casey! I, Scoche Marin, play the most important character in soaps, Katherine Chancellor!

by Anonymousreply 177May 12, 2022 9:55 PM

R143 Hate to be the bearer of bad news lol but Willow is here to stay. I could even see them recasting if KM decided to leave; doubt they'd kill off both of Nina's kids (even though Nelle is most likely still alive; if she ever returned, that's probably the only way for Willow to die).

by Anonymousreply 178May 12, 2022 11:28 PM

Anyone else thinks Esme as Felicia and Mac's daughter who was kidnapped and raised by Ryan as an act of revenge? And if so when was she born and how was she conceived? Unless they stole Felicia's eggs or something Idk or she could just be Mac's daughter, with whom Idk either lol it just seems that's where they're possibly headed to me, which is why all this talk of Mac never having a biological child is being discussed by Felicia, like their dropping anvils. I doubt they're really about to give them an actual baby.

by Anonymousreply 179May 12, 2022 11:36 PM

Nelle and Willow were born on June 15th, 1992 yet when Nelle recalled Carly "abandoning" her when she was a little girl (by leaving her with their "dad" Frank), Carly was somewhere between 16-18. However, when Carly first arrived in Port Charles (in '96) she was 21, and gave birth to Michael the following year, on or around New Year's Eve. Everything lines up except they SORAS'ed Michael's birth from 1997 to 1991 (and Morgan's from 2003 to 1994) so how is it possible that Carly saw Nelle as a little girl yet that took place prior to Carly even stepping foot in PC and Michael's birth. Sometimes SORAS'ing disturbs everything lol

by Anonymousreply 180May 12, 2022 11:45 PM

R180 it is called horrible writing. GH has always been nothing but horrible writing.

by Anonymousreply 181May 12, 2022 11:47 PM

Yeah Felicia will be Esme’s mother. Otherwise why bring Felicia back on contract?

by Anonymousreply 182May 13, 2022 12:18 AM

R181 None of the soaps are great at keeping people's ages correct. It is just one of the things I've come to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 183May 13, 2022 12:23 AM

r182, I assumed the bizarre conversation the other day about parenting between Mac and Felicia (with Robert and Anna) was a setup to Felicia being handed a "new" child (namely Esme). I think they realize the Esme actor is worth keeping, and are starting to minimize her crimes just enough to keep her on the canvas, and then we see her next arc be with bonding with/terrorizing her mother.

If anything, Esme being Felicia's child will be rich to watch her decimate low-energy Storms in scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 184May 13, 2022 12:25 AM

I can totally see that R184. But I do wonder if we are going to get to meet the nanny, as a short term character. I could totally see Erika Slezak playing a slightly deranged nanny, she might win a guest star Emmy for it, they love giving her Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 185May 13, 2022 12:34 AM

Did they get preempted today or is hulu just being slow?

by Anonymousreply 186May 13, 2022 12:57 AM

Spencer being an asshole to Britt today.

by Anonymousreply 187May 13, 2022 1:27 AM

R181 😆 😆😆

by Anonymousreply 188May 13, 2022 1:28 AM

I want to see this Felicia and Esme story play out. Esme could go after lonely Spinelli just to fuck with Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 189May 13, 2022 1:33 AM

R180 They’ve basically erased Carly’s early history. The Sarah Brown era doesn’t exist in current GH world. The entire Carly centric episode made zero sense and wasn’t true to her original history. They do anything for plot point these days.

by Anonymousreply 190May 13, 2022 2:14 AM

R187 Spencer being such a dick to Britt kinda broke my heart. The show usually writes them as weirdly flirtatious.

by Anonymousreply 191May 13, 2022 2:28 AM

GH has four different stories that they use over and over. There is hardly any intelligence or talent involved in the horrid writing.

by Anonymousreply 192May 13, 2022 3:38 AM

seems like spinnelli would date a tranny more than chet. He sorta has already dated hamburger Maxie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193May 13, 2022 4:36 AM

Carly/Nelle was supposed to Carly/Bobbie 2.0. Frank changed it because he thought Nelle and Michael had chemistry. Worst mistake he could have ever made. It blew up what could have been a great story.

by Anonymousreply 194May 13, 2022 4:44 AM

R184 Low energy lol at this point Storms, Monaco and a few others know they're not going to get fired unless Frank's handed his walking papers before them, and they probably don't even see that happening. It's obvious they're just going through the motions, collecting a paycheck, with cancellation as really the only threat of them losing their jobs (and that's not even a real threat, since GH will most likely move to Hulu or another streaming platform). Frank's hires are pretty safe too; they usually all leave on their own or at least are allowed to stay for years and years until their contracts expire. Health issues aside for both of them aside, the last time Monaco seemed to give a shit was when her then fwb Billy Miller was still Jason; Storms seemed to stop caring in between Ron's firing and Nathan's exit (it was some sort of personal issue between the two prior to Nathan's death that seemed to be cleared up, however there was tension. Same for when his breakup with Brytni Sarpy occurred, though Nathan/Valerie weren't in scenes together as much as Nathan/Maxie). Guess we're just going to have to bear witness to their low energy until Frank is tanked (who just celebrated ten years as being EP in Dec/Jan) because they've seemed to come to the realization that their glory days for their characters are over.

by Anonymousreply 195May 13, 2022 9:52 AM

R172 Yes that's correct writers and the EP get bonuses for introducing new characters (writers especially) so it has been a staple for years to hoard new characters as a way to earn extra money (even though they'll say it's not about the money, it can't hurt). Soap writers don't make as much as they used to (neither do the actors) however it's still a pretty penny and adding newbie upon newbie adds up for them.

by Anonymousreply 196May 13, 2022 9:56 AM

R190 Absolutely. From what I remember, Frank abandoned Virginia and Carly when Carly was three, and she never saw him again, barely recalling anything about him. Years later when Frank was then revealed as Nelle's father, Carly mentioned to Jax if I'm not mistaken that Frank would contact her asking her for money over the years. That's just one inconsistency; the whole retcon was unnecessary and was used as a way to explain Nelle's hatred of Carly, while completely upending Carly's original history.

by Anonymousreply 197May 13, 2022 10:01 AM

R192 Lol would those same four happen to be mob stories, back from the dead, triangles and long lost kids?

by Anonymousreply 198May 13, 2022 10:04 AM

R199 That's true. I could think if several ways how they could've explained it ( Reese's father's child, Michael's twin, etc.) that would've made a he'll of a lot more sense then what they were forced to come up with. They were even willing to make her Carly's cousin on the Spencer side or possibly biological sister (most likely on the Durant side, since Bobbie's last pregnancy resulted in her hysterectomy) however Frank was determined to pair Michael/Nelle and was convinced that they were going to be this big deal like Carly/AJ or Carly/Jason (with Willow in the Robin role lol). The goal of his was for Nelle to be just like Carly, without actually being related to her, undermining what headwriters Jean & Shelly had wanted)

by Anonymousreply 199May 13, 2022 10:18 AM

Frank also changed a parental storyline that Ron came up with; Sabrina was originally supposed to be Anna & Duke's long lost daughter, while Britt was going to be Tracy's (then her rivalry with Britt would've had more of an impact on Anna since she had somewhat of a riavlry with Tracy over Luke at that time). Griffin was also slated to be Anna/Duke's son though all of that was changed as well (Frank didn't seem to want their child to exist, even though Liv hinted that their baby survived).

by Anonymousreply 200May 13, 2022 10:23 AM

Monaco is the definition of low energy. If she was replaced with a cardboard cutout, I doubt most fans would notice the difference.

by Anonymousreply 201May 13, 2022 1:44 PM

R201 Well as long as they gave the cutout fake tits.

by Anonymousreply 202May 13, 2022 6:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 13, 2022 6:31 PM

Regardless of what some are saying, I don't think Frank has turned GH into OLTL. It's more of a GH/OLTL hybrid now.

by Anonymousreply 204May 13, 2022 11:32 PM

Are Valentin, Ned and Sonny going to form an unholy alliance against Michael? I could go for that. Michael's face becomes more punchable with each passing day.

by Anonymousreply 205May 14, 2022 12:11 AM

Does anyone else think there’s way too much going on in each episode and none of it interesting? It’s all fluff, filler and nail salons lately. Way too many people in each episode. I’m too old to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 206May 14, 2022 5:48 AM

R206 Completely agree. I thought they were leading up to an exciting, well at least entertaining sweeps month however it seems the only "big story" they had planned was the Fall of Harmony, which came to a quick, speedy conclusion. I know how some don't like when storylines drag out however the ending seemed too fast, becoming more about others instead of Harmony.

by Anonymousreply 207May 14, 2022 7:14 AM

Who are they writing this crap for? I've been a soap watcher since age 12, when Diana Taylor was murdered on GH. Nothing about this show holds my interest, and it certainly wouldn't make me a new viewer if I was tuning in for the first time. I'm not one who continues pining for legacy families and characters (I actually like Brando and Sasha, and would follow them and BLQ and Chase to a spinoff), but Nina and her on-again/off-again daughter(s) are eating this show. Who. Fucking. Cares?

by Anonymousreply 208May 14, 2022 9:46 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, dictates everything that happens on GH. None of it is Valentini’s doing. It’s all Vee.

by Anonymousreply 209May 14, 2022 10:30 AM

The mistake they made was the invention of the Nina character. An interesting concept (a woman who had been in a coma for 20 years) but, because she was not tied to a central family, she was always a side character. They gave her an insta-family and they link her to some of the show's leading men, but she has no roots in Port Charles. It's as if they decided, "Well, she's insecure and desperate...that's the trick!" -- and that's a plot!

by Anonymousreply 210May 14, 2022 11:34 AM

Does the rushed conclusion of the Harmony story have to do with the cycles in soap actors' contracts in which they can let them go? If they dragged it out even a little longer they would have had to pay her for another cycle?

by Anonymousreply 211May 14, 2022 11:44 AM

They rushed the Harmony story so that it would give LW something to do. Now the storyline is Carly wrestling with the secret.

by Anonymousreply 212May 14, 2022 11:52 AM

GH is a prime example of, let's see how many characters we can put on screen and hope that something sticks. The truth is, nothing is sticking. Other than being pretty, do you really care about Brando or Willow or Sasha? Michael could be interesting, but they refuse to do anything interesting with him.

by Anonymousreply 213May 14, 2022 2:08 PM

I always felt that the Ice Princess story that they seemed to be building towards would work better in the summer. That is the sort of adventure type story they used to feature in the summer in hopes of attracting kids and teens. Hopefully that is where they are heading with it.

by Anonymousreply 214May 14, 2022 4:46 PM

Is Val really Victor wearing a mask he picked up over in Salem?

by Anonymousreply 215May 16, 2022 7:55 PM

When was the last time Victor Cassadine was even on?

by Anonymousreply 216May 16, 2022 8:20 PM

Why is that nasty Aunt Stella even still on? She’s a nasty, vile old cunt. Stroke out Stella and be gone. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 217May 16, 2022 9:16 PM

Who is this new Chinese girl on YnR these days? Why'd they feel the need to add Miss Corona Virus to the show? I doubt if the Chinese watch such garbage.

by Anonymousreply 218May 16, 2022 11:26 PM

I think the Ice Princess story was dropped.

And Carly is now in the upcoming ELQ story because… of course.

by Anonymousreply 219May 16, 2022 11:32 PM

Carly makes me moist - down there.

by Anonymousreply 220May 16, 2022 11:50 PM

R219 I don't think it was dropped, they have just gotten terrible at scheduling. I hated NLG not being there for the Harmony story, but if they have gotten her to agree to play an actual Cassadine story, and it looked like she would end up in that story, I'm fine if they put it off to make sure she is there, and JPS's schedule is also busy. I want an Ice Princess revisit and it is the perfect story to kick off the countdown to the 60th anniversary, since it is one of the most iconic stories in GH history. But they need to do it right, it will involve many people and not temps, and will have to be scheduled down to the minute. AG said last year in a rare interview that he would be open to return for a good story. I know people have mixed feelings about him, but Luke should appear, I don't for a minute believe that a cable car "accident" was the end of Luke Spencer. Also, Constance Towers is still alive and still active. I don't know how but she must return for one last go around as the greatest bitch Port Charles has ever known, it could be her final role. If she is willing they even need to get Tiffany to record another phone call for it and bring back Sean's daughter to help investigate. It can also include the rescue of Holly, if Emma Samms is better now.

The problem with soaps now is that the writers and producers don't think big anymore. It isn't just about the budget they have just become risk-averse. GH is unique among the remaining soaps in that its budget isn't as set in stone because it isn't a third party production. If they come up with a killer story but they need a small bump in their budget to do it, it should be much easier for them to at least try and get it. Or FV isn't as good of a producer as he thinks he is.

R220 Really? I thought the teeth would turn off lesbians, if you want her to eat snatch.

by Anonymousreply 221May 17, 2022 12:10 AM

Oh R217, I like Stella and I thought she was really good today. Especially given that she had to act opposite wooden, but undeniably fuckable, Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 222May 17, 2022 1:50 AM

Poor Josh Swickard. Chase is getting more love from Leotard than BLQ.

by Anonymousreply 223May 17, 2022 9:35 AM

Who was watching Chase through the trees yesterday? Maybe his new record producer? I hope we get to hear him singing “Fly Me to the Moon” for his little boyfriend. I think of Chase whenever I hear that “I’m a rebel just for kicks now” song.

by Anonymousreply 224May 17, 2022 12:49 PM

Love the name Leotard R233

by Anonymousreply 225May 17, 2022 12:49 PM

No those looks between Chase and BLQ are smoldering. There as not been a soap couple in a long time where I really want them to just go at it and tear each other's clothing off. It is a slow build but I want to see them together so badly. Most of the time today, they just throw couples together and we have to accept it rather we like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 226May 17, 2022 4:04 PM

So now we’re gonna get Carly and Sonny involved with ELQ? This is, ya know, I mean….bipolar AF.

by Anonymousreply 227May 17, 2022 8:57 PM

It was only a few months ago that little Leo was a big fan of Austin. Now he seems to have completely forgotten about him. But the whole town now seems to have forgotten about Austin.

by Anonymousreply 228May 17, 2022 10:58 PM

R228 The boy has good taste.

by Anonymousreply 229May 17, 2022 11:02 PM

R211 Could be and Frank is notoriously cheap, so it's very possible. I thought Harmony was recurring, however if she was on contract, a rookie contract usually has a provision where actors can be terminated with pay for up to a 13 week cycle, while veteran contracts generally have a 26 week cycle. Usually shows try to terminate actors closer to the conclusion of their current cycles to avoid paying them for a whole cycle while they're not even on anymore. If I'm not mistaken, the only way they can fire them without pay is if it's an at fault termination where the actor violated the terms of their contract and/or was in breach of contract.

by Anonymousreply 230May 18, 2022 2:07 AM

When Esme’s nanny shows up she needs to be played by Fran Drescher and must fuck Uncle Victor Sheffield.

by Anonymousreply 231May 18, 2022 9:10 PM

R232 That's right up Frank's alley

by Anonymousreply 232May 18, 2022 11:51 PM

Is NuSummer on Y&R a lezzy? Bring her over to GH for Joss!

by Anonymousreply 233May 19, 2022 4:41 AM

Next thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 19, 2022 5:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!