Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Harmonic Discordance

That Harmony Miller sure has had her filthy little fingers in a lot of pies. Cult swindler, rape facilitator, baby snatcher, black market adoption trafficker, mob kingpin lackey, identity forger, most likely serial killer Ryan's accomplice and now stone cold murderer in her own right. Always portrays herself as a victim manipulated into doing bad things by someone else's bidding, but it's starting to appear her exact role may not have been so passive after all. She looked pretty cool, detached and efficient when she shot up Neil with that lethal dose...almost like pro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 25, 2022 3:07 PM

Previous thread, now paywalled:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2022 5:39 PM

And why did she kill Neil? Did he know something about her baby stealing past?

by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2022 5:42 PM

Kirsten talks about her Bipolar I and brain surgery, not about her drug addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2022 5:57 PM

Is the entire cast of GH bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2022 6:01 PM

[quote]And why did she kill Neil? Did he know something about her baby stealing past?

Hard to say. At the time, it seemed likely that Neil's murder was somehow connected to Cyrus' drug operation and how he was trying to funnel product through GH. There was a rash of ODs and Neil probably treated quite a few addicts, maybe started to put two and two together about the source of the drugs. Now that we know it was Harmony who killed him, that broadens the possibilities since she has a lot of connections to nefarious players: Shiloh, Cyrus, Madelaine Reeves, Crichton-Clark Clinic, which, by extension includes Victor and all things Cassadine. Neil also had a daughter who was involved with a cult, and it could be related to that. Harmony mentioned being in another cult before Dawn of Day, maybe that was the same one Neil's daughter was in. Many possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2022 5:03 AM

Even though you can't see it, my rapid blinking means I'm insulted that I'm not included on the list of possible nefarious characters that are leading Harmony to murder

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2022 12:31 PM

Mea culpa, my dear Ryan @ R6! You will always be the #1 dreamiest, most special and talented serial killer to ever grace Pt. Chuck! Now go back to your room. The reason you weren't on the list is you hadn't yet met Dis-Harmony at the time Neil was killed. (That we know of...)

We could also include Helena and Peter in her web of connections, since they were part of that whole evil cabal operating in Afghanistan when Shiloh and Drew were there. This chick has more degrees of separation than Kevin Bacon!

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2022 4:37 PM

I predict Harmony is going to meet the same fate as Nurse Mary Pat.

The props department is probably already working on a sculpture of her head and have purchased a long black wig.

Since Mary Pat's skull was found in the Halloween bobbing for apples barrel perhaps Harmony's skull will be found at a Fourth of July picnic as the fireworks go off to drown out the screaming?

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2022 5:06 PM

Christ - do we really have to wait till July?

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2022 6:58 PM

^ Well, there is another holiday fast approaching...

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2022 3:57 AM

After watching that episode of Mo's mental health show, I suspect Kirsten is going to be at General Hospital until the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2022 6:03 AM

So, they brought back Gregory Harrison for a visit. No Kim Delaney is sight. No mention of her character.

Is this to say that Kim Delaney was the problem? She certainly didn't share any real screen chemistry with anyone on the show.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2022 11:57 PM

No was tolerable today in his scenes with Spencer and Spencer looked particularly adorable.

Ava has been on fire in recent episodes, showing her old spark.

Spencer and NuNik deserve whatever crap Esme throws their way.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2022 2:38 AM

Kelly Monaco and Kirsten Storms are pretty close with Frank Valentini (Kirsten is one of the ones who affectionately refers to him as her "Uncle Frank") so as long as he's there, they're there (unless they quit, which both would've done by now. Kelly almost quit in 2007/2008 yet decided to stay at the last minute, while Kirsten has only left for "medical reasons" which were sometimes extended leaves (like when she was gone for practically a year from 2011-2012 with Jen Lilley filling in as Maxie; Jen was actually in the role when Frank and Ron started, and she hoped it would go from temp to permanent, though Kirsten had always intended to reprise her role). Therefore, they can "phone it in" since they have the comfort of knowing Frank will not get rid of them (as long as you're a friend of his, or has some sort of clout, like Becky Herbst who is reportedly not really close with him, you can stay).

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2022 2:56 AM

Kelly Monaco may phone it in on a regular basis, but I've never thought Kirsten Storms phoned it in.

As for Becky Herbst, she makes it look so effortless, people don't really appreciate how good she is.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2022 3:44 AM

R14 = "uncle frank" ??.....She is pushing 50 and FV is pushing 60....I have never wondered why KM cannot keep a man. Thankfully she didn't procreate children like she procreated a Playboy spread....

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2022 4:32 AM

R15 Kelly has underperformed while Kirsten sometimes overperforms if that makes any sense. I like them both, I've just noticed that over the years they both seem to have lost interest in their characters, although a lot of that is because of their unhappiness with certain storylines. I do agree that Becky Herbst, who I also like, has continued to show up in her near 25 years as Liz.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2022 4:49 AM

Is there even a point to the character of Sam anymore? We all know she has nothing to do except screw her ex boyfriends idiot son...Sam was fun against Helena--but that was almost 20 years ago. Now she is a snooze..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2022 5:16 AM

Sam is a necessary character as Danny and scouts mother. Doesn’t mean she needs to be on three times a week but she does have a place on canvas.

Dante not so much. Rocco can live with Laura or something.

Maxie’s babies dads are gone. She is marginal.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2022 5:49 AM

R16 Lmao well Kirsten still has that child-like quality to her so...as for Kelly, I always thought she suffers from imposter syndrome. Staying on GH when she was positioned to leave after her DWTS season (there were talks to have her on Desperate Housewives or even something specifically for her) along with her long-term relationship with that guy who was supposedly a bad boyfriend are a couple of reasons why I've wondered that. She also seems to attach herself to men who she knew weren't exactly emotionally available, maybe as a way of protecting herself from getting hurt again. She always seems so melancholy and it shows in her performances as well as many of her social media posts.

by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2022 5:51 AM

Storms is lucky to have such a supportive employer. But you know if they let her go, they'd catch hell for it, even from people who have never watched a soap in their lives. She ticks a lot of boxes for "protected species."

Sam has been pointless for a decade, since the other time Jason died. Her best story in that whole time was when she got the brain disease after falling into the cat shit by the river, and she shot Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2022 6:25 AM

Memo to maura West: STOP it with the face procedures. You look freaky!!

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2022 7:56 AM

Was Liz's father molesting her? Is that where this is leading? He's going to come for a visit and make a move on Violet, and she and/or Finn will have to kill him?

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2022 10:47 AM

My head is spinning at the thought of good old Jeff Webber molesting his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2022 11:16 AM

What have they done to my Anna?! I haven't watched in years because of Scummy and Dummy so it was a shock. Not her age or appearance, her character. Robert and Anna were my very favorite people on GH. She was a kick ass detective. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2022 11:21 AM

If Liz Dad sleeps with Alexis we know he is definitely going to die.

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2022 11:21 AM

Anna has been weepy and ineffectual ever since they gave her the blood disease. But law enforcement characters always draw the short straw on GH.

If you think they ruined Anna, you should see the number they did on her twin sister. Alex was transformed overnight into an "evil twin" who had always had an antagonistic relationship with Anna, like to the level of wanting her dead. She was never evil on AMC, and we saw quite a lot of the two of them interacting pleasantly on that show.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2022 11:26 AM

Please tell me they haven't ruined Robert Scorpio too. I have adored him from day one. He has so much wit and class. They traded gold for trash. Sonny, Jason, Snarly. They just ruined GH.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2022 11:45 AM

Would GH ruin Jeff Webber and make him a child molestor? There have to be some lines you don't cross on soap, I guess... but then Victor Lord wasn't the nice guy everyone thought. My guess, she has DID from the rape all those years ago.

by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2022 12:46 PM

After the way they ruined Rick Webber by rewriting history with the whole murder storyline about 20 years ago, you would think they would know not to go down that rabbit hole again with Jeff Webber. They received a lot of backlash for that Rick Webber story from viewers and critics, saying it was character assassination etc. It wouldn't be wise for them to go down this road again imo lol

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2022 1:03 PM

That Rick story was awful. All of it. Ruining his and Laura's relationship with a sleazy back story. Killing him off brutally. Writing Laura out as a catatonic mental patient thanks to her recovered memories. Insult to injury was Lucky and Nikolas (played by their worst portrayers, Jacob and Coltin) dragging Rick's body around for days in a "Weekend at Bernie's" scenario. Guza seemed to hate anything of GH that was before his time.

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2022 1:13 PM

I wouldn’t put anything past the current “writers” at GH. They’ll ruin Jeff just as they ruined Rick and They’ll have Newly minted superhero Drew come to the rescue of Liz minutes after taking down hat man, Esme, and Victor Sheffield.

I enjoyed seeing Selina Wu mix it up with other cast members at yesterday’s Deception party. She is a good addition to the show.

Please move the Brook Lynn/Chase story along. Brook playing coy is wearing thin (no pun intended). She did look beautiful yesterday with that severe red lip and she looked positively svelte next to zaftig Maxie.

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2022 2:04 PM

Brook Lynn and Chase are hot together; they’ve completely exhausted any reason to keep them apart at this point.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2022 2:08 PM

GH does not have any body requirements for the ladies, only the guys.

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2022 2:12 PM

R28. Robert still acts and sounds like himself, but he doesn't get to do that much. He's just kind of "around" in stories about the good guys trying to bring down the villain du jour.

They teased something a while back with him coming between Ned and Olivia, but it didn't really go anywhere. Those two are GH C-list themselves.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2022 2:12 PM

Tristan Rogers does not seem very engaged in his scenes. I don’t know if that’s why they don’t give him good material anymore, or vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2022 2:15 PM

Untalented Kirsten looks like absolute shit! Obese and sloppy yet they’re still trying to play Maxie as this glamorous town “fashionista.” It’s laughable!

And Danny and Scout make Sam necessary? Where? She should’ve died when her baby with Sonny died years ago.

Kelly and Kirsten are both lazy junkies who’ve been phoning in their performances for years but still get to skate by. It seems they’ve cut Kelly’s airtime but Kirsten is still featured a lot of gets story after story and love interest after love interest. It’s all a joke.

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2022 2:24 PM

[quote] Storms is lucky to have such a supportive employer. But you know if they let her go, they'd catch hell for it, even from people who have never watched a soap in their lives. She ticks a lot of boxes for "protected species."

I've wondered if, given Storms childhood work for Disney and the "issues" Disney has had with some of their late 90s/2000s child stars, if her seemingly ironclad employment status with GH is a result of what she knows/witnessed/suffered during her childhood.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2022 3:36 PM

That's the rumor about Kelly. Who knows if it's true or not.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2022 3:37 PM

Maura West’s face in it for the win.

How homely is Maura West’s face??? Stop it!!!

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2022 6:53 PM

Mo and Mrs. Wu - can they make that happen?

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2022 7:12 PM

Maura West is never going to be anything more than a ‘soap’ star. She’s been very successful at it. Good for her for being the money maker on that family. But stop spending the dollars on her face. Maura is not going to get any roles beyond GH.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2022 8:12 PM

Maura’s a hoot on the show and I think she looks fine. That’s what martini-swilling art gallery owners with younger trophy husbands look like.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2022 9:06 PM

I haven't watched today's episode but yesterday's got me to thinking. James Franco hasn't been heard from much since his "issues." What if he decided that to try an make a comeback by getting GH to revive Franco for him.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2022 9:11 PM

James Franco learned that soap acting is hard work and will never try that again.

Seems like all the time acting with MW has started to rub off on nuNic and he is starting to actually seem like he belongs in the same scene with her

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2022 9:39 PM

[quote] James Franco learned that soap acting is hard work and will never try that again.

I would say that normally, but he doesn't have many options currently.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2022 9:46 PM

Franco should’ve never been revived into a good guy with a tumor. RoHo and ME are still useless.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2022 10:56 PM

I wonder what Liz split personality will be named? LIZA?...LIZZO?...TESS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 7, 2022 1:21 AM

Trina has to be Curtis’s daughter. She is three shades darker than both her parents on the show .

by Anonymousreply 49April 7, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote]Maura’s a hoot on the show and I think she looks fine. That’s what martini-swilling art gallery owners with younger trophy husbands look like.

They're not very far apart. West and Coloma, obviously, aren't, but I don't think Ava and Nikolas are either. He has a son who's nearly an adult, and TC's supposedly teen version hit the canvas 26 real-time years ago, in 1996.

A younger trophy husband for Ava would be if she had married Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 50April 7, 2022 2:12 AM

I cry for what Maura has become.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2022 3:11 AM

Danny and scout are likely to be last quartermaines standing imo. Necessary.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2022 4:13 AM

I took a long long break from General Hospital starting around the time of the balkan and the boring repetitive mob storylines.

I’ve only recently returned in the last year or so and think that they really found some new footing that I’m really enjoying personally.

I’ve been watching every day with no ff.

But now that nikolas is back on screen with a story i’m on the verge of tuning out.

Marcus needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 53April 7, 2022 4:15 AM

Marcus wouldn't be close to the top of my list of people who need to go.

by Anonymousreply 54April 7, 2022 4:19 AM

Any theories as to who Jennifer Smith was talking to on the phone? Couldn't have been Victor because he was with Laura at the time. I could totally see her in cahoots with some meatball like Joey Novak, but he doesn't seem smart enough to pull off the kind of coup she has in mind. Undead Julian? Undead Luke, or his evil alter Fluke? Maybe Luke staged his own death, after all, because Fluke was itching to come out and make some mayhem.

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2022 4:25 AM

Pot for every lid I guess r54. He’s terrible.

Are there others who could go? Sure. I find him unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2022 4:27 AM

I stand corrected R50, MW is indeed only 6 years MC’s senior. I would’ve thought more, but a lot of it is how she’s styled.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2022 5:43 AM

JPS - Welcome Back! You were sorely missed!

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2022 8:11 AM

I want JPS inside me. Quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2022 9:45 AM

GH is reminiscent of AMC toward the end. Nothing gets resolved, nothing makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2022 10:27 AM

R60 has a really good point. What the writers and producers fail to comprehend is that we like stories about the characters we love. We like the stories to make sense. The makers of soaps seem to feel these days that they just have to throw a character on screen and give them something to do and we'll watch. "Let's hire Cameron Mathison to play Drew!" That's not a story. A story needs to have a beginning, a middle, and an end, albeit an end that rolls into another story. Drama is not the same as conflict. The latter years of OLTL were full of conflict but not drama. You can invent conflict easily by writing dialogue in which people argue. But drama requires layered characters dealing with emotions, struggling, growing, and moving on.

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2022 11:46 AM

Maura should star in the new blockbuster, “The eyes of Joan Rivers”. They now have the same face.

by Anonymousreply 62April 7, 2022 12:58 PM

Maura’s face doesn’t move anymore.

by Anonymousreply 63April 7, 2022 1:12 PM

R52 Jake is also a Quartermaine.

by Anonymousreply 64April 7, 2022 4:54 PM

I’m such a fan of Nicholas Chavez as Spencer that I watched his new Tubi original movie, Crushed. It’s a terrible low-budget teen comedy but he shows a knack for comedy, doing a Keanu-style surfer voice as a high school hunk.

He’s also briefly in boxer shorts (his character is doing drugs up his ass…don’t ask, it’s that kind of movie).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 7, 2022 5:46 PM

Is Chavez a gay?

by Anonymousreply 66April 7, 2022 5:56 PM

Is Valentin working undercover to get the goods on Victor, or is this him showing his true colors? Helena claimed he was supposedly the most treacherous of all Cassadines. If that's so, he sure is playing a long game to lull us into trusting he's evolved.

by Anonymousreply 67April 7, 2022 5:59 PM

R66, he’s definitely mentioned a girlfriend in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 68April 7, 2022 6:13 PM

Bring back Rick Hearst

by Anonymousreply 69April 7, 2022 6:19 PM

Jennifer narrating her shower while Valentin tried to crack her safe was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2022 3:43 AM

Is Zander Smith related to Jennifer Smith? Is Cameron a mob heir?

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2022 3:46 AM

Chavez is gay. Go look at him "off script". That ain't straight. He is very lispy....VIDEO..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2022 5:41 AM

[quote]Is Zander Smith related to Jennifer Smith? Is Cameron a mob heir?

People wondered about Zander's connection to the other GH Smiths when he was introduced, but no. It wasn't even his real last name. He was estranged from his dad, Cameron Lewis (Lane Davies). They had been well off and lived in a big beautiful house. Zander's older brother died in an accident, and Zander felt responsible and felt blamed for it, and he knew the dead brother was the one they had loved more, so he ran away. It was like "Ordinary People" if Timothy Hutton had moved to another town and started selling drugs.

Cameron's only mob legacy is through Zander himself, but Zander was very low level with Sonny and then Faith. Just a pig nosin' around in the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2022 7:03 AM

While we're on same last names, Harmony's last name was revealed to be "Miller", (that's the name on her file). Is she somehow related to Diane Miller?

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2022 5:53 PM

[quote] Is she somehow related to Diane Miller?

Was wondering the same thing after that most recent scene between Harmony and Diane where they disdainfully greeted each other as Ms. Miller.

by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2022 6:03 PM

I always wanted Zander to be Alexis’s long lost child. I liked their relationship. I do remember there were rumors early on that Liz was supposed to be her daughter. Instead she got stuck with Sam years later.

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2022 6:17 PM

Who was Willows mother? Couldn't understand new bad guy!

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2022 6:30 PM

Nina is Willow's mother. Neil's soon to be dead brother just confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2022 6:53 PM

Kristina Wagner looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2022 10:30 PM

So who the hell was Nell related to, or did Nina have twins? If Nell was Willow's twin than Willow would also be the kid's aunt. It's not surprising so much once they had Willow start to have bad feelings about Nina. It always works that way on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 80April 9, 2022 1:07 AM

R80 I think that they were twins, and really each of them had a heart pendent. Harmony probably hid Willow's somewhere. I knew twin girls in high school who wore those matching jagged hearts as did their mother and they were cut in such a way that any combination of two of them would match.

by Anonymousreply 81April 9, 2022 1:34 AM

R80 & R81 Yes Nelle and Willow are fraternal twins. They were born while Nina was in a coma; Nina's mom (Madeleine or is it Madeline?) sold Nelle on the black market to Carly's adoptive father Frank Benson while Willow was either sold to or stolen by Harmony ( I think Harmony stole her after befriending Nina's mom, who she may have been romantically involved with; I've missed some episodes lol). Neil's brother went through Neil's patient files so he knows the truth; he confronted Harmony today, she may end up killing him like she did Neil (however he was close to approaching Nina, Willow and Michael at the end of today's episode)

by Anonymousreply 82April 9, 2022 1:55 AM

R39 What's the rumor about Kelly lol I know she dated John Mayer, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Billy Miller in what were supposedly fwb situations. Besides her long-term boyfriend who allegedly cheated on her she had another semi long-term (on-again, off-again) situation with this guy who is a weed entrepreneur, think his name is Graham

by Anonymousreply 83April 9, 2022 2:07 AM

Nelle was originally supposed to be Carly's daughter, then related to her by blood somehow as Jean Passasante/Shelly Altman intended, however Frank was determined to pair Michael with Belle, so all of that went out of the window, and they settled on making her Frank Benson's biological daughter. Willow was originally intended to be Nina's daughter, then, once again, Frank wanted Nina to be her biological daughter, so under Shelly Altman/Chris Van Etten, Frank Benson became her adoptive father. Once Nelle was killed off after Chloe Lanier quit, the idea for Willow to be Nina'a again was revisited by Chris Van Etten/Dan O'Connor, which is where they are now.

by Anonymousreply 84April 9, 2022 4:45 AM

One of the biggest mysteries of GH is why they can't get Michael to work. I really don't think it's an actor problem. I actually think the actor could do more, but for some reason they have the character in a protective bubble. He's kind of like Jason before AJ ran him into that tree. Morgan was the fuck up, but Michael is the good one. There are ways to make the good guy characters interesting.

by Anonymousreply 85April 9, 2022 4:55 AM

R84 I get the feeling that they are closing up loop holes to reset in anticipation of launching some big new stories for May sweeps in hopes it will propel them through the Anniversary next April. They are finally making Willow Nina's daughter something everyone knew would happen the first time Nina tangled with Ms. Tate, Neil's death now makes sense, and Stella is slowly remembering she never mailed the divorce papers. Meanwhile they are laying the ground work for three stories that, if the writers can pull it off, should evoke the three "classic" GH eras. Elizabeth, the only adult link to the Hardys seems to be being set up basically for the Nurse Jesse Brewer storyline, the long-suffering nurse that has everything thrown at her but she survives and we love her for surviving, then you have a Luke&Laura/Cassadine espinoge story, and a mob war. Now, if they can throw the Qs a story i would be happy. It is like people forget that the Qs were an era themselves, they dominated and acted as a bridge between the Luke & Laura era and the Mob years. And, fuck it, LC is now the longest tenured actress who has never left. Can we get her a story like those little stories GH was good at throwing the Hardy's during the Q era. The Eastern European guy was fun let her have a May/December romance, she's earned it.

by Anonymousreply 86April 9, 2022 5:01 AM

R85 = Michael only has chemistry with guys. That's a fact. He has never worked with the endless chicks they paired him with and clearly never will.

by Anonymousreply 87April 9, 2022 5:17 AM

So true, R87. Duell has had anti-chemistry with all of his love interests: Abby, Sabrina, Kiki1, Kiki2, Sasha, Willow. But when he and Chase had that fight in the gym locker room and were only wearing towels, I thought it was going to turn into gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 88April 9, 2022 5:32 AM

Nelle was originally supposed to be Carly's daughter, then related to her by blood somehow as Jean Passanante/Shelly Altman intended, however Frank was determined to pair Michael with Nelle, so all of that went out of the window, and they settled on making her Frank Benson's biological daughter. Willow was originally intended to be Nina'a daughter, then, once again, Frank wanted Nelle to go in the direction he wanted, and he wanted Nelle to be Nina's biological daughter, so under Shelly Altman/Chris Van Etten, Frank Benson became her adoptive father. Once Nelle was killed off after Chloe Lanier quit again (returning for a short stint, after initially asking to be let out of her four year contract two years early) the idea for Willow to be Nina's again was revisited by Chris Van Etten/Dan O'Connor, which is where they are now. (I'm correcting myself from R84)

by Anonymousreply 89April 9, 2022 5:42 AM

R88 = Video = Chase and Michael stripping down in the locker room....BTW Chase isn't any better. He looks BI if I have ever seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 9, 2022 5:47 AM

R86 I completely agree. Dan O'Connor grew up watching GH so he seems more inspired to end stories and start new ones, as well as write sweeps stories. Frank's dictating the pace of stories prevented other writers from writing how they wanted to write, and even though he's still in control when it comes to Chris & Dan, they seem to know how to maneuver around him (Ron did too, until Maurice organized that revolt to get him fired, then he just wrote stories that didn't make any sense). It sort of feels like old school writing since Dan became co-headwriter in the fall of 2019, it gets choppy here and there, however overall he seems to have an idea of what the audience wants to see and where he wants to go with the characters.

by Anonymousreply 91April 9, 2022 5:52 AM

Correcting myself again from R84 R88 Nelle became Frank Benson's adoptive daughter under Chris Van Etten/Dan O'Connor in early 2020 since Frank wanted Nelle to be Nina's. Willow was intended to be Nina's ever since Willow arrived in the fall of 2018 until Frank changed it.

by Anonymousreply 92April 9, 2022 6:07 AM

R85 So true Michael is very reminiscent of pre-tree Jason. Part of the problem with Michael is Maurice's hand in Michael's stories, so we're pretty much stuck with Saint Michael as long as Maurice has say so. Whenever Michael gets close to the dark side it's like he's pulled back almost immediately. It's funny how Drew Garrett's Michael was more rebellious and mob oriented, more like Jason right after the accident, then when they recast with Chad, and after the prison rape, Michael became a goody-goody lol which I suppose is a soap staple for "bad girls" after they're violated, however they don't even write Michael as a rape victim imo so it has to be how Maurice wants him written, which hinders the character.

by Anonymousreply 93April 9, 2022 6:29 AM

Why is Maurice so fixated on that character and how he's written? That is strange to me.

by Anonymousreply 94April 9, 2022 6:38 AM

Fans seem to cut GH way more slack than it deserves. The writers continuously reach for any loose thread they can find to keep the audience from realizing they have no long-term stories. "Let's bring on Lucy for a week so no one realizes that the Crimson story has been a bust for years!" "Let's send Felicia on a caper with Anna to distract from the Peter story not being resolved to anyone's satisfaction, and that Maxie has no PTSD and has fallen for someone else!" How many martini's did it take the writers room to come up with putting worthless Valentin in a sailor suit and a fake accent? With dollar tree Jennifer Smith? I don't know if Watros is back on the sauce, but the more Mo mumbles at her, the more Annie Dutton she becomes. Five (eight? ten?) years later, who cares who Nina's daughter is?

by Anonymousreply 95April 9, 2022 11:24 AM

I have said if I was Frank, I would tell Mo, look your real life son, I'll put him on contract but you can't dictate Michael's storylines and character traits anymore. He is going to stand up to you and go against you regularly.

The only time Michael really works is when he is allowed to not be Mr. Goody Two Shoes and act as a Quartermaine should. Willow is also better in the few times they have let her be bitchy. Let this Wiley storyline transform them both, Michael should fully embrace his Q-ness(not the real life one) and once Willow discovers she is Nina's daughter she should become a rich bitch. As a long-term viewer, as in the first time I watched GH was probably from the crib, I want Michael to be FULLY Q and to reject the mob completely, it is the only way to balance out the show giving Jason to Sonny back in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 96April 9, 2022 3:11 PM

Unless they make it clear that Liz has had DID since early childhood they did not do their homework and they are insulting anyone who actually has this disorder. Adults do not develop DID. I did a lot of research into this for a paper I did for a college psych class. Only young, like 3-4 year old kids have brains flexible enough to develop this disorder. Now it can last into adult hood and even into old age and there can be periods of the person's life when they have sort of remissions but it can always be triggered again. Also it takes very severe and almost constant, like every day or at least several times a week abuse in a young child's life to cause it. Chances are the child, male or female, would not develop DID with a single abuse, even a single severe abuse.

On OLTL it was brought out that Viki did have DID from childhood, and one of her alters, Princess, was only 7 years old. Then again when they did the really big DID story during the Gottlieb era she and the writers did extensive research and even worked with real DID patients. Soaps today would never put such homework into any story they do.

by Anonymousreply 97April 9, 2022 7:50 PM

I don't think it is DID we are just being made to think it is.

by Anonymousreply 98April 9, 2022 7:53 PM

That's fine. But if it is DID I just hope they do it right because it's a very serious mental illness. Actually I would love to see it somehow bring Franco back. RH sucks even more as this Dr. whatever and Liz and Finn are boring as hell. But I seriously doubt they will ever turn RH back into Franco if the story about GH not wanting anything to do with characters who have had a history of rape, unless of course it's Luke. They will bring him back in a NY minute if they can, rapist or no rapist and he is a rapist. I never could stand the character of Luke or Luke and Laura. I don't mind Laura too much without Luke.

by Anonymousreply 99April 9, 2022 8:00 PM

R86, these current writers don’t have the talent or range. They start stories and then drop them weekly. The pacing has never been so bad on this show. They need to cut about 10 actors.

by Anonymousreply 100April 9, 2022 8:48 PM

This is the same show who gave 40+ year old Kate DID. I wouldn’t put it past the writers to give Liz it as well even though we’ve seen her onscreen since she was 15. It’s all so lazy. I was thrilled Becky Herbst was finally getting a story but the pacing has ruined all anticipation. Not to mention that Easton is just a dud. Herbst can have chemistry with a brick wall and usually make her pairings work but Finn and Liz are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 101April 9, 2022 8:52 PM

I give soaps, especially this soap, a little bit of leeway in the writing department. None of the shows come from a singular voice any longer, except maybe B&B. Everything is done by committee. Like some mentioned above, Nelle was going to Carly's daughter, then Frank didn't want that so an interesting story gets tanked.

And on this show, if you piss off the actors, they will join together to get you fired. And regardless how you may feel about the writer who got run off, that set a horrible precedent for this show - for any show.

by Anonymousreply 102April 9, 2022 9:01 PM

If Liz/Biz has DID, they need to bring in Erika Slezak to play her psychiatrist even if just for a couple of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 103April 9, 2022 9:11 PM

I want Rick Hearst’s baby juice inside me. Quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 104April 9, 2022 9:40 PM

Someone on another forum said they went to an Atlanta Farmer's market and they were shocked when their food order was handed to them by Ric Lansing. Apparently his wife runs some kind of food business.

by Anonymousreply 105April 9, 2022 9:53 PM

Cracking up at Tristan Rogers’ level of enthusiasm compared to the young ‘uns at this weekend’s fan event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2022 1:42 PM

Tristan is very long winded and detailed telling his story of starting out in Australia and London.

Claims he too dated Elizabeth Taylor.

No mental health problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2022 6:06 PM

And Tony Geary dated Liz, too. Um, okay. We all know Liz was a ho, but Tony didn’t get it up for her. Tristan is always a pussy hound so no shock there.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2022 6:43 PM

Is Tristan the first one to not be bipolar or have some other mental illness and when is Mo going to branch out to the other shows?

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2022 7:09 PM

R106 = I wonder if Cam and Spencer shared a room?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2022 4:07 AM

Seems that photo if from a fan event in Arlington, Virginia.

Tristan and all the younger apparently flew there. Wonder what he had to talk about with them. There's a 40 and 50 year age difference between Tristan and most of them.

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2022 4:27 PM

I wonder how much of that State of Mind interview with Tristan was edited out.

Toward the end of the interview, Maurice said he wanted to talk about the drug use on set, among other things about the show in the early 80s. Tristan talks about all the topics but the drugs. Wonder if Tristan really spilled the beans but they edited it out of the tape.

Likewise, Maurice gives out a hearty laugh at mention of Tony Geary dating Elizabeth Taylor. Clearly more was said about that matter, but was edited out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2022 5:37 PM

I imagine a lot was edited out. Tristan is not only a known ad-libber but also famous for his lack of filter. His "Wes is a nice guy but all wrong for the role" got him banished from our screens for months.

He did Steve and Bradford's podcast last year where they ask their guests a bunch of rapid fire questions. One of the questions for TR was: "What were you glad to leave behind in the 1980s" to which TR replies "My wife." I wonder if that was the wife he cheated on with Emma Samms, definitely not his current wife.

I'm pretty sure Leslie and Kin both discussed the drugs in the 80s when they did his show.

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2022 5:50 PM

When Kimberly McCullough was on State of Mind, Maurice also asked her about the drugs. She said something to the effect of ask some of the older actors who were there because at the time and that they protected her from seeing that since she was so young.

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2022 6:04 PM

Is Sonny’s “no drugs in Port Charles” position a Mo mandate? It’s so bizarre. What do these mob families even do?

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2022 8:59 PM

I wonder how they manage to do any work over at GH. It sounds like half the cast has some kind of mental disorder.

by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2022 10:05 PM

....and the other half of the cast has to invent a disorder or exaggerate some "anxiety" in order to appease Mo and do the requisite appearance on his show. Mo wouldn't have a show if his co-workers weren't put into the uncomfortable position of having to accept his invitation. The only legit mental illness so far has been Nurse Amy and her bipolar that had her checking the light fixtures in her home for listening devices and now KStorms.

Same goes for Burton's podcast, can anyone really say no? When JPS was finally on Stone Cold & Jackal, Steve said he had to chase JPS down forever to get him to do the show, I wonder why.... The two highest earners on the show wanting their subordinates to come and help them make even more money. I wonder if they even pay their co-stars for their appearances.

by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2022 10:17 PM

Why is NAC giving The Shocker at the fan event?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2022 3:15 PM

R118 Young men seem to think they have to make hand gestures in every casual pic.

by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2022 3:25 PM

i've actually been enjoying Maurice's State of Mind podcasts. They've been presented well and were informative and/or entertaining.

I haven't seen every one of the them, but the Kin Shriner one was especially interesting. Also liked the James Patrick Stuart one.

The Tyler Christopher one was also fascinating. Interesting to hear everything he's been through, although I must say it didn't feel like Tyler was being entirely truthful Felt like Tyler was holding a lot back.

The worst one of those I've seen was the one with Marcus Coloma. He was as shallow in that interview as he is in his performance of Nikolas. That episode left me with an even lower opinion of MC in that he spent all that time talking yet didn't really say a thing.

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2022 6:16 PM

R120 to be fair MC would’ve had to been uncomfortable on a mental health focused podcast considering Scientology’s well known anti psychology stance.

by Anonymousreply 121April 12, 2022 9:36 PM

Why can’t they bring Ric Hearst back? Loved him with Alexis and curious about an Ava pairing.

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2022 1:58 AM

Was GH on today? Hulu hasn't added one.

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2022 3:12 AM

Today was a repeat. Not sure why

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2022 3:27 AM

R124 That seems random.

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2022 3:45 AM

Oh, I looked it up apparently it was because of the NYC subway shooting.

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2022 4:02 AM

The was a rumor that the story in which Michael went after Sonny pissed off Mo and that later on he allegedly demanded an end to that story and that he be given some measure of story control over the Michael character including the power to veto certain parts of stories that he doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2022 5:55 AM

R127 Which is what surprises me about the current story. I have to wonder if Mo isn't as powerful anymore or if they cut some sort of deal with him to allow it.

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2022 2:50 PM

Seems like Mo is truly tired of playing Sonny and doesn't want to have big fights over creative direction anymore. He really wanted to keep playing Mike because he could keep collecting the same paycheck from just doing easy scenes.

When they tested the audience's patience with the Mike storyline, Mo has resigned himself to keep playing Sonny, but no longer demanding the major storylines.

If will be interesting to see if another set of characters becomes the main focus of the show or if they continue as now and balance all of the characters on a more even level

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2022 3:05 PM

I bet Mo relinquished some control of his tv son's storylines in exchange for getting his real life son a guaranteed role on the show. Supposedly his son will be reprising his role as Joss's classmate.

Mo said in one of his State of Mind's that his son is "the next James Dean". Mo suffers from delusion in addition to bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2022 3:19 PM

Anyone know what the original air date of yesterday’s repeat was?

by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2022 4:14 PM

Felt the same way about Kirsten’s episode R120. Personally, I don’t believe she’s bipolar. I guess she said there were things she didn’t want to talk about and I’m positive it was her drug use and frequent leaves covered up with such excuses as “stress acne” and “endometriosis.” She also looks like shit.

Has Genie appeared in an episode yet?

by Anonymousreply 132April 14, 2022 4:28 AM

R132 = Genie probably hates seeing what a slop Gangster Hospital has become. She wouldn't lower herself to go on Mumbles show. She is also real life friends with cast members (of a certain age) who don't kiss up to Mo---NLG, JY, KS, LC......

by Anonymousreply 133April 14, 2022 5:10 AM

[quote]Felt the same way about Kirsten’s episode [R120]. Personally, I don’t believe she’s bipolar. I guess she said there were things she didn’t want to talk about and I’m positive it was her drug use and frequent leaves covered up with such excuses as “stress acne” and “endometriosis.” She also looks like shit.

Same. I don't think Tyler or Kirsten is bipolar. They probably have mental health issues, but bipolar is a level jump. They evade when Maurice questions them on specifics. They know if they said "I'm on (name of specific medication)," a lot of people watching would know it isn't something typically used to manage bipolar disorder.

And Kirsten did look rough. She has a fan cult of Frauen on message boards who insist she's so beautiful and that the makeup, hair, wardrobe, and lighting people on GH sabotage her. But she looked on State of Mind about like she looks on GH. I trust moving pictures more than what someone puts on her social media, because I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

by Anonymousreply 134April 14, 2022 7:22 AM

r132 and r134 have interesting points.

I don't know if Tyler or Kirsten are bi-polar or not. But we do know they had some mental health issues and self-medicated with drugs and/or alcohol. That continued self medication lead to addiction.

The show is focused on mental health issues and not addiction issues. So, they tailored it to what Maurice wanted to hear and more or less glossed over the drugs and drinking.

Or possibly they talked long and openly about their drug use and drinking and then Maurice EDITED it out because he wanted to focus on mental health stuff.

Either way, both interviews came across as not entirely genuine. Whether that's because Tyler and Kirsten were withholding info or Maurice edited things out remains to be determined.

by Anonymousreply 135April 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Cameron's acting was really bad today. He can't play anger at all.

by Anonymousreply 136April 14, 2022 10:12 PM

The young set is abysmal. Cameron and Joss are the worst. Get rid of them both.

by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2022 10:36 PM

Joss is not going anywhere because Frank loves her.

by Anonymousreply 138April 15, 2022 12:19 AM

Just now watching yesterday's episode, I'm glad they finally had Cam face consequences for the sex tape, as would happen in real life. But, if I had been him I would just go to Monica or Michael, both of whom I'm sure has pull at Lila's Kids.

by Anonymousreply 139April 15, 2022 12:43 AM

Lipton/Cam's anger was unconvincing, but it worked in a way. He sounded like someone who doesn't usually "do" rage trying to work himself up to sounding rage-y. If you've ever heard an easygoing person blowing their stack over something, it rang familiar. The feelings are real, but notes aren't really in their range.

by Anonymousreply 140April 15, 2022 8:26 AM

Chavez needs to be moved to the adults. He looks at least 10 years older than the rest of the "teens."

by Anonymousreply 141April 15, 2022 9:20 AM

“Rory” is adorable.

Didn’t Chase used to have a hairy chest?

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2022 11:33 AM

Usually when Chase has a beard, they shave his chest. When his face is clean shaven, they let his chest hair grow. Not sure why they won’t let Swickard be his hot, hirsute self.

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2022 1:33 PM

I think Chase and Drew both need to grow their beards back. I'd also like to see them fuck.

by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2022 6:39 PM

Beards are wholly unattractive. Let’s put one on someone who is already unlikeable like sonny or Carly.

by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2022 9:28 PM

R141, I dunno, Chavez seems to be struggling to grow any facial hair in his IG story today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 16, 2022 12:44 AM

R146 = He looks like a slobby gay. He seems to think anything he does is "adorable"..He should ask Bryan Craig how that works out.

by Anonymousreply 147April 16, 2022 12:49 AM

I’m 47 and it takes me 6 weeks to grow any distinguishable facial hair. You all are a bunch of over picky queens.

by Anonymousreply 148April 16, 2022 12:56 AM

[quote] Beards are wholly unattractive

You’re an idiot R145.

by Anonymousreply 149April 16, 2022 3:07 AM

Are they going to go with a supernatural angle for Liz's story? Didn't Cam and Joss think they heard something the other day while they were snuggling on the couch? And, then Aiden's talk with Lucy today?

It is more associated with DAYS, but Port Charles went very supernatural towards the end and I'm sure GH has done some, thought the only thing I can remember at the moment was Casey the Alien.

by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2022 3:30 AM

Casey the alien was really a very touching ET like story. I was young then but I remember crying at the end of the story. It was done very well, not silly or goofy the way OLTL in it's later years would have done such a story.

by Anonymousreply 151April 16, 2022 3:52 AM

R151 I had the opposite reaction. I was around 6 or 7 and it freaked me the fuck out, especially the scene where Robin looked out her window to see him standing in her yard in a bright beam of light. We lived on a main road and for weeks every time a headlight would shine in the window I was petrified. And, it was partly because I found him more creepy than endearing. And, I wasn't a child scared of aliens, I was already into Star Trek.

by Anonymousreply 152April 16, 2022 3:57 AM

Chavez seems so queeny.

by Anonymousreply 153April 16, 2022 5:14 AM

R153

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2022 5:25 AM

Andre Leon Carly's caftan almost ate the show yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2022 9:46 AM

She showed up at Charlie’s and I was like, “Why is she dressed like Maude?”

by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2022 12:48 PM

The scene with Brendan and Harmony was so poorly acted, and shot, and, especially, written. I was hoping for something a bit more exciting. Carly’s caftan almost made up for it.

by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2022 5:20 PM

GH has done a ton of one off episodes where a spirit returns to talk to a character, but then it's never spoken about again.

If Ghost Franco is going to make a return it's now going to need to be a bigger event after all of the buildup that they've given Liz's story

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2022 5:22 PM

I still think it's going to turn out to be Liz herself, but not with DID, just good old-fashioned sleepwalking combined with a guilty conscience over unresolved issues. When she mentioned taking something to help her sleep on occasion, it felt like a Chekhov's gun.

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2022 6:29 PM

Is this going to be an Ambien made me do it story? Is Ambien going to turn Liz into a racist!

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2022 7:42 PM

Ambien turned me into a nighttime cat burglar!

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote] If Ghost Franco is going to make a return it's now going to need to be a bigger event after all of the buildup that they've given Liz's story

Which is what makes me think that perhaps they have gotten James Franco to reprise his character. GH is trying to build up to their 60th Anniversary next April. Being the place that disgraced star James Franco goes to start his comeback, would generate a lot of buzz. And, his appearance on GH is considered to be one of the major moments in GH history. Also, I can see Franco's Franco being a scary ghost but not RH's Franco, he would be more like the ghosts on Ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 162April 17, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote]I still think it's going to turn out to be Liz herself, but not with DID, just good old-fashioned sleepwalking combined with a guilty conscience over unresolved issues. When she mentioned taking something to help her sleep on occasion, it felt like a Chekhov's gun.

There have also been scenes in which she's complained about being incredibly tired, like while working at the hospital, even though she "slept" the previous night.

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2022 12:34 AM

I wish they would just turn RH into Franco. As bad as he was as Franco he's more boring as this always grinning doctor. Better yet, Todd.

Would Liz or the boys even recognize RH's Franco? They doesn't recognize me now, along with the rest of the town.

by Anonymousreply 164April 17, 2022 1:44 AM

RATINGS....GH takes a downward turn-------->>"General Hospital (2.117 million/1.5) posted moderate losses in total viewers and took a big dip across all key demos as Selina (Lydia Look) made a deal with Curtis (Donnell Turner), and Nina (Cynthia Watros) sued Michael (Chad Duell) and Willow (Katelyn MacMullen) for visitation rights. The ABC sudser dropped a notable 109,000 total viewers for the week and a gasp-worthy 243,000 viewers from 2020. On another less than stellar note, GH’s numbers for women 18-49 represent the lowest numbers for the 2021-2022 season. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 17, 2022 2:26 AM

RH is just useless on the show. Just leave already.

by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2022 2:28 AM

R165 Broadcast ratings aren't the only thing that matters anymore, GH's streams on hulu are as, if not more important than the tv ratings. But, those numbers aren't easy to come by.

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2022 3:19 AM

R167 = I love how people think some sort of Tsunami of Hulu viewers make GH number one despite how many ratings they LOSE every year....

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2022 3:23 AM

R168 I don't think that, but there are people who switched to Hulu and no longer watch on tv. And, Hulu has lower viewership standards. What is important is if a group of viewers are consistently opening the app to watch GH.

The same is true of DAYS. For Y&R and B&B streaming seems to be less important, since they are now on a free streaming service.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2022 3:28 AM

Ratings are about Live +3 and Live +7. The ratings report you see doesn't reflect those numbers, nor do they reflect streaming numbers. If these shows weren't still making money or being used as tax write-offs, they would no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2022 3:32 AM

R170 Exactly, and I think it is clear that DAYS especially must be pulling in nice numbers for Peacock, or they wouldn't keep making Peacock only spinoffs. I hope hulu decides to do some sort of GH hulu only spin off as part of the 60th anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2022 3:40 AM

Looking at ratings numbers have been useless for many years now. Especially when comparing rating numbers against a year ago when the majority of people were stuck at home and able to watch the show live.

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2022 4:39 AM

Just keep Chase naked and the ratings will rise.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2022 5:29 AM

Chase is generic. Another Masculine looking pretty face who is clearly a bottom. You could throw a stick and hit one of those on any LA.street corner.....I know he is married in real life but he was "best friends" with Kyle Abbott. Everyone knows what the deal was. Chase is masculine until he speaks. He looks like the guy who declares himself "bi" but prefers dick 99 percent of the time.

by Anonymousreply 174April 17, 2022 5:59 AM

RoHo is a waste of space on GH. I don’t know what’s worse - the dozens of sob stories and retcons to redeem Franco or Austin as a 30something mixing it up with Fat Maxie and BLQ.

by Anonymousreply 175April 17, 2022 6:32 AM

I agree about Austin. Total dud. Should have brought him on with a wife and teen to mix it up with the younger set. Who the hell would find slobby Maxie appealing? He is almost 20 years older than her and looks it.

by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2022 6:47 AM

Loved how the description for this past Friday's episode began with "Chase gets out of the shower to answer a call..."

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2022 8:38 AM

R177 I think those someones are GH’s homosexual headwriters and EP.

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2022 8:52 AM

Lord help us all. Nellie Branco is going to “guest host” that God Awful Podcast The Chat? He’s insufferable. Bad move, fat Casey.

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2022 9:24 AM

Too bad they castrated Cyrus like they did Julian. Kober brought real menace when he first arrived. Brad's aunt is quickly becoming another fail of the current writers.

by Anonymousreply 180April 17, 2022 9:42 AM

A basket full of bisous pour vous, my adoring fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 17, 2022 4:58 PM

Does Roxy have alibis for her whereabouts during Liz's recent stalkings episodes? Jealousy has been a motive in other crimes. She might be getting call for questioning by the PCPD.

by Anonymousreply 182April 17, 2022 8:07 PM

[quote]Does Roxy have alibis for her whereabouts during Liz's recent stalkings episodes? Jealousy has been a motive in other crimes. She might be getting call for questioning by the PCPD.

O noes! Will she be doing The Cell Block Tango, just like her namesake Roxy Hart?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 18, 2022 12:16 AM

I think the Woleks were the last poor/working class family we ever saw on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 184April 18, 2022 1:22 AM

Sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 185April 18, 2022 1:24 AM

Was Kyle Abbott calling?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 18, 2022 3:20 AM

How does Laura explain her deadbeat son Lucky to little Gayling Aiden? No wonder Liz has screwball kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 18, 2022 3:25 AM

Laura placates Aiden by telling him that Lucky is at PFLAG meetings.

by Anonymousreply 188April 18, 2022 2:19 PM

Is Aiden the little queen that used to make cupcakes? A recast? I can’t keep Liz’s kids straight.

by Anonymousreply 189April 18, 2022 5:11 PM

Another guest who hesitated to do the show and really doesn't have a mental health problem.

MB can publicly talk about his mental health problems and break downs all he wants, he is guaranteed a job at GH despite his bad acting and numerous accommodations he requires. Does he ever consider that the people he pressures to be on his show have to be careful about putting their problems out there as it may effect their ability to get work?

Inga grew up in a poor, rough neighborhood in Toronto, lots of drugs etc. Touching story she tells of giving a eulogy at a homeless shelter group for someone she grew up with that ended up homeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 18, 2022 5:20 PM

[quote]Does he ever consider that the people he pressures to be on his show have to be careful about putting their problems out there as it may effect their ability to get work?

Very good points. Past drug use, past mental health problems, even current mental health problems aren't something most working actors are going to want to have on the record. Especially if they're recurring and always looking for their next gig!

If I was an producer looking to fill a role and it came down to two actors, one of whom admits to being bipolar, I likely am going to go with the other one just to avoid potential problems/delays in filming that could come from the bipolar actor having a manic attach.

by Anonymousreply 191April 18, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]Is Aiden the little queen that used to make cupcakes? A recast? I can’t keep Liz’s kids straight.

Neither could she, obviously. Anyway, yes, Aiden (Lucky's son) is the one suspected to be a fledgling gay...or possibly trans someday.

The young actor who played Aiden for a long time, including in that story about him being bullied by Valentin's daughter and other cool kids for his effeminate ways, last appeared in March 2021. I think he got another show. The new kid took over in August.

Jake is the middle son via Jason, who was brainwashed by Helena for a while. Still the same actor who's played him since he returned from the dead, although he's had a growth spurt recently.

by Anonymousreply 192April 18, 2022 6:27 PM

Gaylings Jake and Aiden must be thrilled Chase is in the house for them to drool over...(video) (1:47 mark).......By the way = Liz screws brothers Nick and Lucky. What kind of idiot is Finn for letting HIS brother anywhere near Liz?. She is clearly a whore. Also I believe she is imagining these supernatural "episodes"....Her split personality BETH FRANK is trying to come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 19, 2022 12:56 AM

They say you get the gay gene from your mother. And in Lizs case that is also where you get your deadbeat daddies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 19, 2022 1:00 AM

Was Valentin brainwashed by Victor or is he just playing him?

by Anonymousreply 195April 19, 2022 6:27 AM

There was something vaguely vampiric about Val and Anna's little exchange about how roses die, yet wine is immortal. The dry, weary wit tinged with flirtatious twinkle had a very Morticia & Gomez feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 196April 19, 2022 10:58 PM

Maybe the show is going to go all Dark Shadowy. Ghost Franco, Vampires and long ago Mack played a werewolf on his own TV show. Maybe he can reprise the roll. Actually the best acting ME ever did was playing a vampire. He was so hot, so sexy in that roll.

by Anonymousreply 197April 19, 2022 11:43 PM

Liz cannot carry off a split personality storyline. She doesn't even have ONE personality.

by Anonymousreply 198April 20, 2022 12:02 AM

R197 = Vampire Finn....HOT..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 20, 2022 12:05 AM

Another Vampire Finn....So much more fun than the slop GH has handed him..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 20, 2022 12:07 AM

I'm ready to get my Goth on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 20, 2022 12:31 AM

So Charlotte's in boarding school. Who thinks she'll be back soon and aged about four years?

by Anonymousreply 202April 20, 2022 6:00 AM

JPS looking good. Having his own series seems to agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 203April 20, 2022 9:27 AM

So many flashbacks today. It’s like the early Covid days when they used flashbacks to stretch out the new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 204April 20, 2022 7:26 PM

R204 That is fine with me, because I’m sure FV realised he could stretch the budget by doing that.

by Anonymousreply 205April 20, 2022 7:33 PM

r204 You would think they would never want to show those terrible Harmony/Brendon scenes again.

by Anonymousreply 206April 20, 2022 7:35 PM

Cam was so butch today.

by Anonymousreply 207April 20, 2022 9:43 PM

Frank loves anytime that he can be homoerotic.

by Anonymousreply 208April 20, 2022 9:52 PM

R208

by Anonymousreply 209April 21, 2022 1:03 AM

Did Liz go to Kevin? Will he hypnotize her and get Tiz or Miz or Wiz to come out? I'd still rather have ghost Franco and Vampire Finn.

by Anonymousreply 210April 21, 2022 1:22 AM

I think it’s Nighttime Liz

by Anonymousreply 211April 21, 2022 2:17 AM

What was with that creepy smile of Maurice Bernard today? I actually haven’t been FF thru his scenes lately. I liked them showing he’s not really a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 212April 21, 2022 3:18 AM

Yeah that smile on Sonny when then guy was in the trunk was I guess a lame attempt at menace but it came out too circus funhouse.

by Anonymousreply 213April 21, 2022 9:12 AM

Remember when Olivia was Psychic after Heather injected her with LSD?...Maybe Liz needs to consult with Olivia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 21, 2022 9:43 AM

You can tell Frank has his hands in the current stories because its pretty boring and generic lately, just talking and talking without any real action. Except for Harmony, no one is really doing anything to move things along and judging by her actions, she's going to either end up dead or in jail. Cam Mathison is pretty much playing Ryan and a Carly/Drew/Britt triangle is nothing but a remix of Kendall/Ryan/Greenlee. Chris Van Etten and Dan O'Connor are capable of writing dramatic interesting (especially Dan) however whenever Frank gets behind the wheel and starts shifting gears, storylines seems to head in the wrong direction.

by Anonymousreply 215April 21, 2022 9:31 PM

R206 Poor Inga isn't the best actress, and having her drive stories like the ones they have her in are highlighting her inexperience, however she is trying. Neil's brother was limited too though it was obvious he was just brought on as an extended dayplayer.

by Anonymousreply 216April 21, 2022 9:35 PM

Sonny and Selina would probably generate more buzz than Sonny and Nina at this point. Guess they'll pick up steam after the maternity reveal since they seemed to lose most of it once Carly removed herself from the situation.

by Anonymousreply 217April 21, 2022 9:37 PM

The ratings are nosediving as well. The other soaps actually have movement; even Days which borders on silly frequently can at least drum up attention instead of inducing sleeping spells like GH has lately.

by Anonymousreply 218April 21, 2022 9:43 PM

I really get the feeling like we are in a holding pattern, and we might get a real old fashioned May sweeps.

by Anonymousreply 219April 21, 2022 11:17 PM

Does GH any do May sweeps anymore? It’s always boring. Frank, Dan and Chris all need to be shown the door along with half of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 220April 21, 2022 11:44 PM

The guy who is playing Neils brother was the cutie on Babylon 5. It was driving me nuts because he looked familiar so finally I looked him up. He is handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 21, 2022 11:58 PM

The writing's fine. The show's main problem is that they paired up too many actors who don't have any chemistry together.

by Anonymousreply 222April 22, 2022 2:15 AM

Laura dressing down Spencer was the only highlight in Thursday's dumpster fire of a show.

Bumbling idiot Brad? Screeching Maxie? Spinelli catfishing Britt? Franco's ghost? Cam Mathison's wife? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 223April 22, 2022 9:51 AM

If Frank is going to continue the bring your significant other/spouse to work theme, then I'd like an appearance by Genie Francis' husband in his Star Trek uniform.

by Anonymousreply 224April 22, 2022 9:59 AM

CW could play the lead role in the inevitable movie about the Hungarian woman killed by the handyman/lover in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 225April 22, 2022 10:03 AM

The writing is actually terrible. Same with the pacing. All so disjointed.

by Anonymousreply 226April 22, 2022 12:09 PM

r223 Yeah, I'm back to having to force myself to finish these episodes.

by Anonymousreply 227April 22, 2022 2:14 PM

Frank should have been fired years ago.

by Anonymousreply 228April 22, 2022 10:37 PM

r228

by Anonymousreply 229April 22, 2022 11:40 PM

Next GH will start inviting actors EXES---I mean "roommates"---on the show.....Welcome to Port Charles Kyle Abbot...You can bunk with Chase....LoL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 22, 2022 11:46 PM

Oh that poor SON board! Now they have that kook Donna Bridges coming out of hiding and posting as Tonksadora. She’s nuttier than Heather Webber.

by Anonymousreply 231April 23, 2022 1:54 PM

r231

by Anonymousreply 232April 23, 2022 7:12 PM

Britt is the Selma Bouvier of this show; they can’t stop chem testing her with everybody. Who will be her online match?

by Anonymousreply 233April 24, 2022 11:12 AM

If Mo would allow William deVry to return, Julian and Britt already demonstrated major chemistry.

Or maybe she can turn Curtis straight.

by Anonymousreply 234April 24, 2022 12:34 PM

R234, you mean “turn Brad straight” right? If only Curtis were gay. That man is fine.

by Anonymousreply 235April 24, 2022 12:48 PM

They've also been chem testing everyone with Drew, but it also looks like they haven't found a match for him yet either.

by Anonymousreply 236April 24, 2022 1:18 PM

Mo is doing a "live" State of Mind blathering about how his son is back on GH soon, he will be having Eric Braeden on in a couple of weeks and he's been pestering Michael E. Knight to be on the show but MEK is hesitant.

Why can't this guy understand not everyone has the job security he does and they can't be going around advertising to the world their mental health problems as it might effect their ability to get work! JFC he is so arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 237April 24, 2022 6:36 PM

Does Mo believe that every single person on this earth is also mentally ill. It's like they have to be to please him. I mean diabetics don't go around thinking everyone else on earth is also diabetic.

by Anonymousreply 238April 24, 2022 6:53 PM

I get the impression some of his co-stars have had to exaggerate minor problems to somewhat fit his agenda and just go on his show so he will stop pestering them and to keep the peace at work.

The only real bipolar guest he's had has been the Nurse Amy actress who actually asked to be on his show.

KStorms spun her story to be bipolar and left out the drugs part. She can afford to admit or spin that she's bipolar on a public platform because she, like Mo, has job security at GH -- they will never fire her.

MEK is rumored to be bipolar and hasn't worked much for years. Leave the guy alone. I always wondered why his role on Y&R was abruptly cut short...

by Anonymousreply 239April 24, 2022 7:03 PM

The fact that MEK spent decades playing the same role on a soap opera is likely the main reason he hasn't worked steadily in the last few years.

If he is bipolar, he must be a highly functioning one. He's still been acting in Tad style for all of his years on GH, but only sometimes a Southern accent.

At this point, he probably doesn't want to work that much. He's earned a lot of money over the years and his few appearances on GH help keep his actors union health insurance.

by Anonymousreply 240April 24, 2022 8:18 PM

I know she used to be engaged to his dad or whatever but I think it would do them both a world of good if Britt fucked Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 241April 24, 2022 8:50 PM

MEK asked Frank for a job because he needed health insurance. Must not have invested well or the divorce cost him a lot.

He was looking awful his last few years on AMC, bloated, red faced and overweight. He has since turned things around in the looks department, good for him as that's not so easy to do at his age.

by Anonymousreply 242April 24, 2022 9:01 PM

New Thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 25, 2022 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!