Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy #29: April Showers Bring New Contestants Each Day

Continue the discussion of each day's Jeopardy episode here.

by Anonymousreply 600May 18, 2022 12:29 AM

Link to the previous thread which was maxed out on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 14, 2022 7:52 AM

Mattea's reign of terror continues.

I had such high hopes for Adam, especially with his nice little comeback at the end. But it wasn't to be.

I did know the Celestine Prophecy and 98 pound weakling. Also knew DOS For Dummies.

I guessed the Seven Year War for Final, but was not at all confident about it. Never realized the French and Indian War was an off shoot of the Seven Year War.

by Anonymousreply 2April 14, 2022 8:00 AM

Mattea is DETESTABLE.

by Anonymousreply 3April 14, 2022 9:26 AM

Agreed. I do seem to remember she has a golden retriever, so she gets a few points from me. But not many.

by Anonymousreply 4April 14, 2022 11:08 AM

I'm tired of her, but oddly enough I find myself not minding her so much these days. Her asides are sometimes funny, that she's having fun. It'll take two good opponents, who each get their strong categories to dethrone her it seems.

Guess "A Hero Ain't Nothing but a Sandwich" has gone quite stale since I got it immediately. I also knew that bats can carry rabies.

I would've said French & Indian War as well.

by Anonymousreply 5April 14, 2022 12:52 PM

I don't think I've disliked a major contestant as much as Mattea since that guy Austin was on several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2022 12:54 PM

Mattea comes up with questions like she's guessing, which makes the whole game look rigged.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2022 2:17 PM

Adam was very handsome. I was really hoping he'd stick around.

He started nervously, you could see him hesitating in his first few answers. But he got more confident as the game progressed. And his Daily Double bet was gutsy!

At least he gets $1,000, which should cover his increased auto insurance rate for the next three years.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2022 4:03 PM

Call Me Kat wrapped up filming for its second season last night.

Wonder if Mayim will be back taping more Jeopardy episodes next week.

Show is taping at least two months in advance. Back at the end of March, they aired an episode that had been taped in late January -- the show had a Ukraine related question so they flashed the date the episode had been recorded so the show didn't look tone deaf to the Ukraine War.

So, will we see Mayim back hosting episodes airing in late June? Time will tell.

In the meantime, when are they going to announce Ken as the other permanent host?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2022 5:12 PM

Calm down, Ken, at R9. It will happen when/if it happens.

by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2022 5:43 PM

They should keep rotating Ken and Mayim: they both do a good job, and the change keeps it fresh.

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2022 5:47 PM

Wow! I never knew how much Jeopardy paid its guest hosts.

Dr. Oz, who guest hosted for two weeks last spring, is now running for the open US Senate seat in Pennsylvania (even though he is a resident of New Jersey). Oz had to release his financial disclosure forms as part of the election.

The Hollywood Reporter just did a story examining his financial disclosures. It estimates Oz is worth over $100 million.

Also included in that report his salary for those two weeks of guest hosting Jeopardy. Here's what they said:

[quote]Oz served a two-week stint as the guest host of Jeopardy! last spring, drawing some outrage from viewers for his past support of pseudoscientific treatments. According to the filing, Oz was paid more than $268,000 for the guest-hosting gig, with all of that money being donated to an unnamed charity.

Wow! That's $26,800 for hosting a single episode of the show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2022 6:19 PM

It's one of the most successful game shows ever, so it makes sense that the hosts are very well paid. It is funny to think that the host earns more than the winner on most episodes... maybe it's time to double the value of all the clues.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2022 6:27 PM

Those flapping hands. And that little royal wave at the opening. Is it medical? Or Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2022 10:45 PM

Michael Davies has been serving as the interim executive producer of Jeopardy ever since Mike Richards was fired back in August.

Today, Sony announced they were making Davies the permanent EP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2022 11:06 PM

Let me know when Mattea is gone and I'll start watching again.

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2022 11:20 PM

Tonight was another pair of potted plants vs. Mattea I'm afraid. I mean... there was no excuse for someone passing the Jeopardy test blowing 1984! I also knew Everready, Indiana, menu, plate tectonics, and Maria (MarEYEyah not Maria) Mitchell, having spent a lot of time on Nantucket.

Final was a total fuckup! I knew it, but those two should've clicked with the orphan thing, as Ken pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2022 12:04 AM

Catherine Parr was easy! I can't believe the range of knowledge Mattea possesses and yet she guesses Jane Seymour who most everyone knows died in childbirth giving birth to Edward VI.

Every British schoolchild knows the rhyme:

"DIVORCED (Catherine of Aragon), BEHEADED (Anne Boleyn), DIED (Jane Seymour)

DIVORCED (Anne of Cleves), BEHEADED (Katherine Howard), SURVIVED (Catherine Parr)

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2022 2:52 AM

Thanks for starting a new thread. I guessed Jane Seymour too. I did get Matthew Arnold and "Casualties of War." I think Mattea and Matt Amodio will hook up at the Tournament of Champions.

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2022 3:13 AM

I’m with R16. I’m out. Let me know when she falls, which inevitably she will.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2022 5:21 AM

Is the hand flapping a sign that she is on the spectrum? I don't get all the hate, by the way. It seems to happen with every person who wins more than a few games in a row.

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2022 6:05 AM

I don't mind Mattea at all. She's a nice young woman with an amazing breadth of knowledge. I'd gladly watch her over Matt or "Amy" any day.

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2022 6:15 AM

Mattea certainly does know a lot. Also certainly flaps those hands around a lot too.

There have been many far more irritating champs than Mattea over the years. Even in recent weeks. Dour Jackie from two weeks ago come to mind.

I initially guessed Jane Seymour for Final, but changed to Catherine Howard at the last second.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2022 7:17 AM

What hate? It's just that the hands and side remarks are distracting. Same with a contestant who rocks back and forth. Ultimately it's the Jeopardy staff's fault for not telling contestants how to maintain a good TV stage presence.

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2022 10:49 AM

I guessed Anne of Cleves for final. Outside of Britain, no school children anywhere learn r18’s little rhyme, so it’s unsurprising that contestants lobbed the only (or the most memorable) Henry VIII wife they could think of.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2022 12:48 PM

The clue clearly inferred that Elizabeth I was an orphan so therefore her father Henry VIII had died. Catherine Parr was the only wife who survived him.

The bitches over at the THEATRE GOSSIP thread who have all seen the new smash Broadway musical SIX would all know this answer.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2022 12:57 PM

Matteas's yellow teefs are most distracting.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2022 1:08 PM

The “dislike” certainly didn’t happen with Margaret Shelton, who was absolutely delightful. I wish that she had been around longer.

by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2022 2:01 PM

[quote]Outside of Britain, no school children anywhere learn [R18]’s little rhyme,

Not true. I was raised in America and certainly know the rhyme about the wives. Have heard it my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2022 4:36 PM

If Dr. Oz was making $26,800 per episode for hosting, I wonder what Ken and Mayim are making.

Mayim certainly has an agent to negotiate salary, so she likely is now getting a higher salary than the guest hosts were.

Similarly Ken is now a TV personality and most likely has an agent as well. He came to the rescue to fill in as host when they were in a bind. Plus he's already affiliated with Jeopardy as a consultant. So, wonder how much he's making.for his services.

by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2022 5:07 PM

Ken is listed as one of the producers.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2022 5:16 PM

I'm going to guess she's been watching the show for the first time now and cringing at those hands and remarks. "Why didn't somebody tell me!"

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2022 9:47 PM

What’s wrong with Mattea’s super shaky handwriting? She has penmanship like an extremely elderly person.

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2022 11:59 PM

Another easy FJ.

by Anonymousreply 34April 16, 2022 12:28 AM

Same R22. Mattea is a quirky one for sure but I enjoy watching her games far more than I enjoyed watching Matt and Amy.

And yes R19, I can totally see Mattea and Matt Amodio as a couple. Good call on that one, lol.

by Anonymousreply 35April 16, 2022 12:29 AM

My Mattea irritation levels ebb and flows from day to day. She didn't bother me today. But then, today was a great game. I was more caught up in the game than I was during other recent episodes.

Took me a moment,but I figured out Final before time was up. But don't know that I would have had time to write it down in time.

by Anonymousreply 36April 16, 2022 12:57 AM

The above answer at r36 is from me!

by Anonymousreply 37April 16, 2022 12:58 AM

I like that Mattea starts at the top of each category instead of fishing for the DD.

by Anonymousreply 38April 16, 2022 1:05 AM

Someone should tie Mattea's hands behind her back. Talk with your mouth, hon !!

by Anonymousreply 39April 16, 2022 1:11 AM

OH please. I bet most of DL users talk with their hands. Mattea's gay little wrist flourish isn't hurting you.

by Anonymousreply 40April 16, 2022 1:19 AM

I got Spike Lee for Final as I soon as I heard the word Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 41April 16, 2022 3:38 AM

Yeah, I thought Spike Lee was a pretty obvious answer. Frankly, I was surprised that Mattea knew it but she would have won anyway.

by Anonymousreply 42April 16, 2022 3:48 AM

I was surprised she knew it too. I'm always impressed when a Canadian does well on Jeopardy because except for the occasional category here and there, the trivia is heavily skewed towards American history and pop culture.

by Anonymousreply 43April 16, 2022 4:10 AM

I was so hoping Katie might pull an upset win, especially after that brave DD.

by Anonymousreply 44April 16, 2022 4:17 AM

Mattea is an out lesbian, R19 and R35, so I'm guessing they won't be hooking up. So glad there's a new non-Murieled thread.

by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2022 4:18 AM

[quote] What hate? It's just that the hands and side remarks are distracting

More than one person said they would stop watching the show while she was on it.

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2022 6:15 AM

Regarding the Daily Doubles, am I correct that the position of the DD on the board correlates to the difficulty of the answer? For example, an $800 DD is going to be considerably easier than a $2000 DD. I don't feel like contestants understand this. If you get an $800 DD, you're stupid to just wager $2000.

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2022 6:21 AM

R46 So? "Hate" is a pretty strong word in my neck of the woods, meaning more than just taking a pass.

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2022 6:56 AM

R48, who cares

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2022 6:58 AM

R49 Obviously R46 does.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2022 8:38 AM

r47, You really don't think contestants understand this? Pretty sure most of them study the show before they appear (if not before they try out). And if not, suspect they're prepped by the staff when they arrive.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2022 11:58 AM

Math is hard.

by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2022 2:02 PM

Agreed, R28. Margaret was a dear and I was sorry to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2022 3:18 PM

It just doesn't make sense, r51. Mattea is already starting to pull away, you get an $800 DD, and you only wager $2000.

by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2022 4:27 PM

Bring back Art Fleming. Jeopardy has not been the same since he left in '75.

by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2022 5:08 PM

You remembered!

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2022 5:10 PM

Don't worry. I'm in discussions with Art right now.

(Zsa Zsa says "Hi" to everyone.)

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2022 5:40 PM

I only watch Jeopardy at my parents' house. I'm here for Easter weekend and my father says Mattea dresses like a nun.

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2022 5:48 PM

She's a good Acadian girl with a wee bit of the Anne Shirley in her, by the bye

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2022 6:16 PM

When you have a decent lead, you don't want to risk a lot and put yourself out of reach of a runaway game, R54.

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2022 7:10 PM

R58

The other day I thought: is she a postulant nun?

by Anonymousreply 61April 17, 2022 12:04 AM

Bring back Don Pardo while we're at it.

by Anonymousreply 62April 17, 2022 2:07 AM

She didn't wager $2000, r60, the challenger did. It was too small a wager.

by Anonymousreply 63April 17, 2022 3:25 AM

This may have been asked and answered before but are the categories for each round carefully chosen or are they randomly picked? If picked at random, how would they avoid a round with, for example, too many sports categories?

by Anonymousreply 64April 17, 2022 2:27 PM

R64 Somewhere on the Jeopardy site there's a page showing how they classify the categories and assemble a suitably mixed menu.

by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2022 5:26 PM

Damn!!!

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2022 11:36 PM

Damn!!!!!! Is right.

by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2022 11:57 PM

So close and yet so far.....

by Anonymousreply 68April 19, 2022 12:13 AM

I always thought the Daily Double was meant to be a “challenge question” irrespective of the dollar tile it was under.

by Anonymousreply 69April 19, 2022 12:24 AM

Maybe they should give classes in wagering Final Jeopardy. Third place girl had no excuse for not winning. She had $9800. Second had $12400 and first had $20800. Which means first will wager $4001…which she did. Second will wager $8401….which she did. The only way for third place to win is to get the FJ correct (which she did) hope the others get it wrong (which they did) and bet enough to get higher than $16399. It should be common sense to anyone who makes it on the show.

by Anonymousreply 70April 19, 2022 12:53 AM

Mattea was particularly annoying tonight.

Her saying "I should have bet more" is my new drinking game.

by Anonymousreply 71April 19, 2022 1:28 AM

I like her!

by Anonymousreply 72April 19, 2022 1:32 AM

But, R70, do they give the contestants calculators so they can figure all that out?

by Anonymousreply 73April 19, 2022 1:58 AM

And the 3rd place girl had nothing to lose by betting all of her $9800! She would've beat Mattea as she had the right answer and Mattea didn't. What was she thinking??

by Anonymousreply 74April 19, 2022 2:05 AM

This is what makes the game interesting! If contestants always bet with perfect strategy Jeopardy would lose some of its spontaneity and surprise.

by Anonymousreply 75April 19, 2022 4:27 AM

I liked the middle contestant (Caitlin from North Vancouver) -- she seemed like she'd be fun to go out drinking with.

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2022 4:27 AM

Great game, Thoroughly enjoyed it.

So close to saying goodbye to Mattea if only Caitlin had bet properly.

Yes, Mattea was particularly annoying tonight with all the hand gestures and extraneous comments.

Yes, contestants are given a calculator during the break to determine their wager on Final.

Had no idea on Final.

by Anonymousreply 77April 19, 2022 7:36 AM

The Reign of Terror continues.

by Anonymousreply 78April 19, 2022 2:05 PM

For the lady in the middle,she may have been impacted by nerves. I've heard contestants say when you're on that stage with the lights, the cameras and the audience, it's really nerve-wracking. In such a high-pressure situation, I can understand how someone could make a wagering blunder like that.......or maybe she wasn't very confident in the category?

by Anonymousreply 79April 19, 2022 2:57 PM

I actually think that Mattea’s asides and little monologues about what she’s wagering for daily doubles is a tactic that needs to be quashed by the producers. She gets into runaway territory in Double Jeopardy and then runs the clock so the other contestants can’t even compete with her for a win in FJ.

I’m onto your game, you tiny-handed little girl!

by Anonymousreply 80April 19, 2022 3:04 PM

I'm honestly looking forward to Mattea dissolving into a puddle of goo on the episode when she loses. She can wave her tiny hands and scream, "I'm melting".........

by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2022 3:18 PM

I was thinking the same thing, r80.

However, I don't think she's doing it as a tactic to run out the clock. I suspect its just how she approaches everything in her life; offering running commentary on whatever is happening would be in keeping with her personality (I'd hate to go to a movie with her; I'm sure she talks all through the movie). She's been doing it since Game 1, before she took the throne as current champ. But maybe I'm wrong.

At the same time, even if it is an innocent habit, the producers should talk to her about how it is eating time up in the game.

I mean, last week they ran out of time with 6 clues left on the board. I don't think I've ever seen that before except a few times in a Celebrity Jeopardy tournament where there was also lots of extraneous commentary by the celebrity contestants.

On a side note, WHET Celebrity Jeopardy Tournaments? It's been years since they had one

by Anonymousreply 82April 19, 2022 3:20 PM

Is Mattea a lezzy?

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2022 3:45 PM

Not every celebrity shines on those episodes.

by Anonymousreply 84April 19, 2022 3:52 PM

Ughhhhhh. She’s definitely beatable, but it feels like we’re never going to get rid of her.

FJ was clearly difficult since none of them got it.

by Anonymousreply 85April 19, 2022 11:59 PM

As a fellow Torontonian I want to root for Mattea... but I'm ready for her to leave.

by Anonymousreply 86April 20, 2022 12:01 AM

Good luck with those women, Josh!

Final was a truly awkwardly done question; I guessed Algeria. Children's crusade and synagogue (from shul) seemed obvious to me.

by Anonymousreply 87April 20, 2022 12:11 AM

That final clue was not much of a clue. I never would have made that logical bank-shot. Embarrassed to say I also guessed Sudan like the dopey third place loser.

by Anonymousreply 88April 20, 2022 12:15 AM

The queen at the end was not having it with Ken today. Always giving him the stink eye.

by Anonymousreply 89April 20, 2022 12:18 AM

That guy today looked like a Middle Eastern Tom Daley!

by Anonymousreply 90April 20, 2022 12:18 AM

I had a dreadful game, but guessed FJ immediately. Pure guess, but it made sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 91April 20, 2022 12:48 AM

Sufferin' succotash, but "Josh!!" had quite a lisp.

It didn't help that his first response was "Swiss hiss."

At any rate, I wasn't happy that he got both of his DJ questions wrong.

I don't think I can take Mattea and her T-Rex hands much longer.

by Anonymousreply 92April 20, 2022 1:11 AM

No idea for FJ, so I wildly guessed Djibouti. Tough one.

by Anonymousreply 93April 20, 2022 3:45 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a more poorly worded Final clue. Something about the French word for teeth was supposed to lead me to the Ivory Coast?!?!?

I guess Algeria.

I was rooting for Josh. Too bad about those Daily Doubles. Might have been a much different game.

by Anonymousreply 94April 20, 2022 6:16 AM

Yes, R83.

by Anonymousreply 95April 20, 2022 8:11 AM

I agree Johnny R94. I was considering the Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire) because that's the only African country I could think of with a French name but then I ruled it out since Cote D'Ivoire doesn't translate to teeth. Very misleading clue.

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2022 1:20 PM

I guess we were supposed to make the connection between ivory and teeth. According to Wikipedia:

"Ivory is a hard, white material from the tusks (traditionally from elephants) and teeth of animals, that consists mainly of dentine, one of the physical structures of teeth and tusks. The chemical structure of the teeth and tusks of mammals is the same, regardless of the species of origin. The trade in certain teeth and tusks other than elephant is well established and widespread; therefore, "ivory" can correctly be used to describe any mammalian teeth or tusks of commercial interest which are large enough to be carved or scrimshawed."

by Anonymousreply 97April 20, 2022 7:00 PM

I have never seen this happen before.

by Anonymousreply 98April 20, 2022 11:22 PM

Me neither! Shocking!!

by Anonymousreply 99April 20, 2022 11:25 PM

It has happened before, but not recently.

by Anonymousreply 100April 20, 2022 11:30 PM

So embarrassing!!!

by Anonymousreply 101April 20, 2022 11:32 PM

She should have bet more. Even with a balance of one dollar left, she would move on.

by Anonymousreply 102April 20, 2022 11:59 PM

I think she truly didn't want to appear greedy, r102, and she's probably right. I think it's also the reason for her low wagers in all of her DJ moments.

by Anonymousreply 103April 21, 2022 12:06 AM

I had no idea of final, but I did know a few things that Mattea didn't: Buzzards Bay, rubber chicken, Meals Ready to Eat, WAVES, Culloden, and Middlesex County, MA.

by Anonymousreply 104April 21, 2022 12:16 AM

I really want her gone. That, and to shut the hell up when she's not posing a question. We don't care.

by Anonymousreply 105April 21, 2022 12:21 AM

There seemed to be more asides and “lines” than usual tonight.

by Anonymousreply 106April 21, 2022 12:23 AM

It's not just her quirks driving away viewers but the abysmal competition she's been facing. Has the supply of good contestants dried up? Can't believe there aren't stronger more confident players out there.

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2022 12:30 AM

I like her. I hope she still around for a while longer.

by Anonymousreply 108April 21, 2022 12:46 AM

But surely the producers know that a big winning streak will keep viewers watching and even bring new ones in. I hadn't watched the show in decades until Amy was well into her winning streak and now I'm hooked. If anything, I might question if the producers are purposely offering up weaker contestants to create a new star in Mattea (even if she's "the champ you love to hate") and build up the attention she'll be getting.

by Anonymousreply 109April 21, 2022 1:09 AM

R109 They've got rocks in their head if they think they're going to make her a star.

by Anonymousreply 110April 21, 2022 1:24 AM

Agree with r109. Makes you wonder if they calculate more than they should the order of the competitors. Just for the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 111April 21, 2022 1:34 AM

There's been a definite dumbing down of Jeopardy! since the loss of Alex.

by Anonymousreply 112April 21, 2022 1:57 AM

But didn't the long-time producer retire at the same time?

And given Ken's role in production, does he have any say in which particular contestants a champion will face?

The guys on the last two shows especially: how did they possibly get through?

by Anonymousreply 113April 21, 2022 2:05 AM

Contestant selection is randomized.

by Anonymousreply 114April 21, 2022 2:09 AM

Does Jeopardy! offer any stipend to contestants who would be coming to CA from far away?

Is it up to the contestant to supply their own air fare and hotel accommodations?

by Anonymousreply 115April 21, 2022 2:15 AM

R114 But only from a small pool at the last minute.

R115 Contestants pay their own way and lodging. And winnings don't get paid till something like a month after broadcast, less Fed and Cal taxes.

by Anonymousreply 116April 21, 2022 2:18 AM

Have Jimmy and that blonde lady, i.e. the Clue Crew, been on the show since Trebek died? Or were they buried with him in his tomb?

by Anonymousreply 117April 21, 2022 2:45 AM

R117, They were involved in the last Tournament of Champions.

by Anonymousreply 118April 21, 2022 2:52 AM

Speaking of the TOC, the next one is truly going to be a bloodbath. So many exceptional players.

by Anonymousreply 119April 21, 2022 2:57 AM

I guessed Audible for FJ. Ken seemed disappointed with the lopsided game.

I read somewhere that the Clue Crew will be back when COVID travel restrictions are completely gone...

by Anonymousreply 120April 21, 2022 4:07 AM

I've never seen Final with just one contestant before. How embarrassing for the two losers.

I had no idea on Final, but I did know Meals Ready to Eat, rubber chicken and WAVES.

The clue crew was on one episode a few weeks back. I recall thinking how much Jimmy has aged since he first started. By the way, Jimmy is also the show's stage manager.

Now that Mattea has broken a record by getting into the Top 10 of most consecutive wins, I image she'll start getting more publicity from mainstream media.

by Anonymousreply 121April 21, 2022 7:46 AM

"Now that Mattea has broken a record by getting into the Top 10 of most consecutive wins, I image she'll start getting more publicity from mainstream media."

Maybe the TODAY Show will give Mattea one of their Ambush Makeovers.

by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2022 10:27 AM

I wonder if her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2022 10:33 AM

I believe that champs are given $ for air and lodging if they fly home between tapings.

by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2022 12:21 PM

Contestants aren't paid transportation and lodging?? WOW! That's really cheap on Jeopardy's part.

How does the Tournament of Champions work? Is it more than one show?

by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2022 12:28 PM

Recently, when they were showing "re-runs" of episodes from the 1980's, ALL of the questions were very difficult... Light years away from today's game. And of course the celebrity episodes are beyond easy! Can't make celebs look bad on national tv can they?!..

by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2022 12:48 PM

I think that Jeopardy realized that their base is getting older and will die off, and younger people are less educated and dumber - hence they have to dumb down the game a bit to boost viewership.

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2022 1:29 PM

If you look at the older shows, you'll see contestants were once in the 30s-40s range for the most part. Now it's 20s-30s, and heavily weighted towards the younger end at that. At the same time, subjects have made a big shift to include more pop culture. All to shift away from the Poligrip demographic.

by Anonymousreply 128April 21, 2022 1:48 PM

Ken marvels when a contestant runs a complete category correctly.

The reason that seems to be happening more and more lately is due to many of the correct responses being so easy.

by Anonymousreply 129April 21, 2022 2:01 PM

I sensed Sean was going to go down when for the Beaches Beginning With B category, his first response was Rockaway.

by Anonymousreply 130April 21, 2022 2:05 PM

I forget but who was that handsome 1 day winner? with the dark brown hair and blue eyes that was on i think 2 to 3 weeks ago? I think he was a teacher somewhere? he was hot i thought...

by Anonymousreply 131April 21, 2022 2:40 PM

The publicity machine begins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 21, 2022 5:13 PM

Hail Marys?

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 133April 21, 2022 8:33 PM

GO, ALEX!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134April 21, 2022 11:11 PM

Alex baby, bet it all!

by Anonymousreply 135April 21, 2022 11:23 PM

Omg, how embarrassing!

The drag queen didn’t know Sleeping Beauty???

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2022 12:30 AM

I knew “Aurora” but I didn’t know that was Sleeping Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2022 12:35 AM

And the question was phrased so that I expected the title character's name to be LITERALLY in the title of the film. I knew Aurora was the Roman goddess of the dawn but I couldn't think of a 1950s film with Aurora in the title. So I then thought....The 3 Faces of Eve?

I'll miss Alex. He really seemed like he could beat Mattea for a while there. That Bible book was an impossible one to guess correctly on his DJ. He never quite recovered form that big loss.

by Anonymousreply 138April 22, 2022 1:15 AM

I knew Streets of Laredo and Big River. Final? No.

I'm not saying it's deliberate, but all these references to accomplishments come across as humble-bragging.

by Anonymousreply 139April 22, 2022 1:20 AM

I knew Big River and Richie Havens, but I'm embarrassed to admit I also guessed Sabrina for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 140April 22, 2022 1:25 AM

The Song of Solomon was easy. It's the only book that speaks rapturously of love.

by Anonymousreply 141April 22, 2022 1:46 AM

I got FJ but it definitely took me a second because of the (again) weird wording of the clue.

by Anonymousreply 142April 22, 2022 2:00 AM

I don't think I ever realized that The Song of Solomon was a book in the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 143April 22, 2022 2:04 AM

I got FJ, but like so many times before, it took me several minutes to remember. I'm sure the former drag queen with the knife-throwing father had a lot of great stories.

by Anonymousreply 144April 22, 2022 2:30 AM

Like Mattea, I guessed "Sabrina." Which I found a bit unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 145April 22, 2022 3:57 AM

Alex had a slow start but then really showed his stuff.

by Anonymousreply 146April 22, 2022 4:01 AM

I really liked Alex. Thought he could pull it off until he had that impossible to guess Bible category on DD. Would have loved to have heard more of his drag queen stories.

Final was indeed worded to make you think the title character's name was also the name of the film. The only 1950s film named after a female character that I could think of was Sabrina. So, that's what I guessed.

I honestly didn't realize Sleeping Beauty was from the 1950s. I thought it was earlier.

by Anonymousreply 147April 22, 2022 8:38 AM

I guessed All About Eve.

by Anonymousreply 148April 22, 2022 8:49 AM

Leave it to a drag queen to guess "Some Like It Hot" for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 149April 22, 2022 1:34 PM

My knowledge of old films is admittedly very limited. I guessed Rebecca which I knew was wrong on several counts, not least of which that the film was released in 1940 :-(

by Anonymousreply 150April 22, 2022 1:41 PM

r150, and Rebecca was already the wrong answer to Jacob's second wife.

by Anonymousreply 151April 22, 2022 1:47 PM

I guessed Psalms.

by Anonymousreply 152April 22, 2022 1:49 PM

R147 Right... I guessed Aurora, because I thought it was asking for name. Confusing.

Too bad Alex couldn't figure out Song of Solomon...the sexiest book in the Bible. (Genesis was a pretty lame guess). He was interesting and would have been fun to have around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 153April 22, 2022 2:47 PM

How could no one know Shelley Long or Moonstone?

by Anonymousreply 154April 22, 2022 11:11 PM

This is getting very boring.....

by Anonymousreply 155April 22, 2022 11:50 PM

I dunno, R154, as those seemed obvious to me, along with Kachina, wigs, duffer, St. Petersburg and - 40.

Final was a giveaway.

Another installment of Mattea and the Potted Plants...

by Anonymousreply 156April 23, 2022 12:05 AM

I think she's lovely.

by Anonymousreply 157April 23, 2022 12:06 AM

NBA playoffs. Game postponed to 10pm for us West Coast folks.

by Anonymousreply 158April 23, 2022 2:07 AM

I got incredibly bored when it was clear she was steamrolling over the other two people who happened to wander onto the set and stand behind the two empty lecterns. So bored that I flipped back to one of the other DC channels that were in hour four of nonstop coverage of a shooting spree in upper northwest DC (aka the white neighborhood — hence the four hour coverage).

by Anonymousreply 159April 23, 2022 2:38 AM

R159, I saw that scrolling underneath Jeopardy tonight. I was actually going to go out but then decided against it when I heard there was ANOTHER shooting in DC (besides the one in Upper NW that you already cited - Van Ness, if you’re familiar with the area).

by Anonymousreply 160April 23, 2022 3:02 AM

If you don't want to wait that long, you can watch it on Youtube before then, R158.

by Anonymousreply 161April 23, 2022 3:02 AM

Someone also set themselves on fire in front of the Supreme Court!

by Anonymousreply 162April 23, 2022 3:05 AM

Was that for Earth Day or some other reason R162?

by Anonymousreply 163April 23, 2022 3:07 AM

Yes, R160, the second shooting was at Sixth and Kennedy Streets NW in Brightwood — a few blocks away from my house. At least the Van Ness shooter is no longer a threat as he took his own life. No word on the Kennedy Street shooter(s).

by Anonymousreply 164April 23, 2022 3:16 AM

I may set myself on fire on the Jeopardy set. I feel like there was only a smattering of applause at the end. It wasn't entertaining. I can't wait for the TOC to see her get crushed by Matt and/or Amy.

by Anonymousreply 165April 23, 2022 3:48 AM

Really R165? I can’t wait to see her get crushed by a sledgehammer.

by Anonymousreply 166April 23, 2022 4:02 AM

Alex has his pronouns listed on Twitter as They/Them/Elle.

by Anonymousreply 167April 23, 2022 4:13 AM

I’m excited to see Matt v Amy. I enjoyed them both. I really liked Matt and was pleased by Amy bringing some new diversity to the winner’s circle. It will be exciting to see if there is a head-and-shoulders winner between them or whether they are roughly equally matched.

by Anonymousreply 168April 23, 2022 5:39 AM

I liked Anna and Claire, but they weren't nearly up to the task of defeating Mattea. Like Ken, I felt old when no one knew Shelley Long. I got moonstone, rodent, and -40, but the Constitution and Flags did me in. The FJ story was everywhere, and I was surprised only Mattea got it right.

by Anonymousreply 169April 23, 2022 5:58 AM

I didn't find Mattea as annoying tonight. She kept the extraneous comments to a minimum, so she wasn't so irritating to me. She's very smart and is doing well. Wonder how long she's going to keep going.

She's now the 10th highest winner player of all time, according to the show's Hall of Fame section.

I blanked on Final but remembered reading about it when they revealed the answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 23, 2022 7:47 AM

Based on some comments here, with which I agree, there have been a LOT of poorly written or purposefully deceptive clues over the last week or so. I’m guessing they have a batch of new writers that are not yet skilled in the unique Jeopardy clue composition.

Yet somehow FJ are generally far too easy.

by Anonymousreply 171April 23, 2022 11:38 AM

The media onslaught begins.

Mattea is only 23?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 23, 2022 3:35 PM

Mattea wanted to see Kraftwerk concert with her Dad. She's ok with me.

And in the tournament of champions I'll be routing for her over the grim Matt, though my money's on Amy.

by Anonymousreply 173April 23, 2022 4:43 PM

She’s a lesbian. We OWE her our allegiance.

by Anonymousreply 174April 23, 2022 4:47 PM

There have been a lot less asides and commentary from Mattea for the past two games. I bet the producers had a word with her.

by Anonymousreply 175April 23, 2022 4:50 PM

Matt is my favorite of the recent long-haulers. He’s a bit mechanical in his play, but I didn’t find him particularly dour or dead-eyed like others seemed to.

by Anonymousreply 176April 23, 2022 5:16 PM

I think Matt will come back refreshed and prepped to win the TOC. I still wonder if he was exhausted and decided to throw in the towel when he finally lost with his Poland answer.

by Anonymousreply 177April 23, 2022 6:07 PM

Team Matt!

by Anonymousreply 178April 23, 2022 6:09 PM

So for the TOC, if Amy is trans, and Mattea is allegedly lesbian, where does that leave Matt on the minority spectrum? Is he a lover of men?

by Anonymousreply 179April 23, 2022 7:01 PM

A opossum with a dead woodchuck on his head, R179?

by Anonymousreply 180April 23, 2022 7:04 PM

Matt ain't no fag.

by Anonymousreply 181April 23, 2022 7:15 PM

How does the TOC work? Is it just one episode with the 3 finalists up against each other?

by Anonymousreply 182April 23, 2022 7:25 PM

What is binary, Ken?

by Anonymousreply 183April 23, 2022 7:29 PM

There hasn't yet been a contestant insisting on those weird pronouns, has there?

by Anonymousreply 184April 23, 2022 9:55 PM

Advocate covering Mattea's wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 23, 2022 10:00 PM

At least she has a pussy and isn't a moustache wearing tranny.

by Anonymousreply 186April 23, 2022 10:38 PM

Matt is actually cute, but the spectrum thing would get tedious.

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2022 10:41 PM

[quote]I still wonder if he was exhausted and decided to throw in the towel when he finally lost with his Poland answer.

The more I think about it, the more I think he did throw the game. He was just too good at geography, knowing some of the most minute details. He would never think Poland was a mountainous region.

Grandpa Amodio must have been disappointed they never made that trip to the Polish Alps.

by Anonymousreply 188April 23, 2022 11:14 PM

What does it mean that I was unaware of Kraftwerk?!

by Anonymousreply 189April 23, 2022 11:23 PM

That you're young, or old, or not musically adventurous or knowledgeable.

by Anonymousreply 190April 24, 2022 3:18 AM

Or that you actually have some musical taste, R189.

Imagine this now 52 years later...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 24, 2022 3:51 AM

I totally thought Matt threw it. His sheepish act was over the top.

by Anonymousreply 192April 24, 2022 5:26 AM

No snatch eater should win TOC!

by Anonymousreply 193April 24, 2022 6:18 AM

Mattea is the only long term winner I've liked since James. I HATED Matt and "Amy."

by Anonymousreply 194April 24, 2022 8:29 AM

Totally agree, R194. Mattea is delightful.

by Anonymousreply 195April 24, 2022 8:40 AM

R189, I thought Mattea meant crocheting.

by Anonymousreply 196April 24, 2022 9:09 AM

R177 Poland

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197April 24, 2022 3:51 PM

Just some casual transphobia from r194. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 198April 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Amy would DESTROY Mattea.

by Anonymousreply 199April 24, 2022 4:41 PM

I'm not so sure about that, r199.

by Anonymousreply 200April 24, 2022 4:49 PM

We may well find out.

by Anonymousreply 201April 24, 2022 4:55 PM

Agree with r199. There are lots of questions that MR responds to with a blank stare. She's just been lucky that her competitors don't know the answers either.

by Anonymousreply 202April 24, 2022 6:25 PM

Had it not been for COVID restrictions, I wonder if we'd be seeing so many record breaking runs. This season has been insane.

by Anonymousreply 203April 24, 2022 6:27 PM

At just 23, Mattea is at a disadvantage against the older Matt(31) and Amy(43).

Being older, they've experienced and witnessed more, especially when it comes to popular culture.

by Anonymousreply 204April 24, 2022 8:15 PM

I think Matt and Mattea are the fastest on the buzzer.

by Anonymousreply 205April 24, 2022 8:21 PM

I think Mattea can throw Matt off his game. But I don't think she has more knowledge than him or Amy.

by Anonymousreply 206April 24, 2022 8:25 PM

Ok Mattea was really annoying again tonight. I don’t know what she was going on about and flailing her arms about with that Canadian province question.

by Anonymousreply 207April 26, 2022 12:01 AM

Fuck you, R198.

by Anonymousreply 208April 26, 2022 12:16 AM

Wake me when Mattea is gone.

Zzzzzzzzzz . . .

by Anonymousreply 209April 26, 2022 1:03 AM

Mattea who has only averaged 27 correct answers per match? showed today that she's not all sugarwater. Under serious challenge to lose she became faster, more aggressive and totally upped her game.

by Anonymousreply 210April 26, 2022 1:05 AM

No one knew Tony Randall played Felix Unger on "The Odd Couple"?

by Anonymousreply 211April 26, 2022 1:08 AM

Sorry, Amy fans, but Mattea will be a very serious challenge. I'm no fan of Mattea but anyone who can't see that isn't watching very closely.

I cannot wait for TOC!

by Anonymousreply 212April 26, 2022 1:29 AM

How con-veeeeeen-ient that Canadian Mattea's DJ was identifying a Canadian province beginning with N.

by Anonymousreply 213April 26, 2022 1:31 AM

Really R213? Did they know she would find the Daily Double? Did the category have anything to do with Canada? No and No.

Mattea also did very well with the Mexican-American war category and the final Jeopardy of the Mayflower. It's Americans who are MOST ignorant about other countries and cultures histories and geography and social movements. Not Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 214April 26, 2022 1:50 AM

FJ was very easy, especially with the provided date.

by Anonymousreply 215April 26, 2022 1:58 AM

And yet the fag got it wrong, R215.

by Anonymousreply 216April 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Mattea would be cuter without the piercings.

by Anonymousreply 217April 26, 2022 2:16 AM

R215, Not very easy, EXTREMELY easy.

by Anonymousreply 218April 26, 2022 2:33 AM

I mean, what other famous ships were there in the 1620s?

by Anonymousreply 219April 26, 2022 2:38 AM

I'm an Amy fan, R212, and I think Mattea will be be an amazing contestant on TOC. Amy won't just need to worry about Matt.

So far, R193, only straight men and lesbians have shown TOC caliber performances, so likely a snatch eater will win. Gay men just aren't racking up enough wins to participate.

by Anonymousreply 220April 26, 2022 3:04 AM

Gay men only know about linens and broadway.

by Anonymousreply 221April 26, 2022 3:10 AM

They gifted her with that DJ on Canada. Why?

by Anonymousreply 222April 26, 2022 3:38 AM

^ You're a moron, R222.

by Anonymousreply 223April 26, 2022 3:41 AM

Queen Anne needs to step in and tether Mattea's arms to her sides until she breaks herself of that mannerism.

by Anonymousreply 224April 26, 2022 3:44 AM

R217 They always look like she's got a booger hanging there. Maybe if she shaved her head and got a couple face tattoos they'd work.

by Anonymousreply 225April 26, 2022 3:55 AM

The mascot seemed nice and easy-going. I wish he'd won, but "Ironsides" indicates well why he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 226April 26, 2022 4:02 AM

Was it Klugman or Randall? Hard to remember for sure in two seconds under pressure.

by Anonymousreply 227April 26, 2022 4:02 AM

Jezuz this thread is full of ancient white fags. Who knew.

Go Mattea!

by Anonymousreply 228April 26, 2022 4:09 AM

Funny and true, R221.

by Anonymousreply 229April 26, 2022 4:32 AM

Mattea is soooo.....annoying.

by Anonymousreply 230April 26, 2022 10:35 AM

That’s it…I’m done with this show for a while I guess. Most disrespectful and rude group of twelve year olds I’ve ever seen on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 231April 26, 2022 9:25 PM

I guess I'm getting used to Mattea because she is less irritating lately. Because she's less annoying, I'm able to appreciate how well she does. The woman has a broad base of knowledge.

I'm constantly suprrised how much Americana she knows. But at the same time, in the four weeks she's been on, it seems like there's been an awful lot of Canadian or British-centric clues. Obviously, she's gotten all of those too.

As for Final, it was obvious due to the date.

by Anonymousreply 232April 26, 2022 9:52 PM

She's doing very well and I don't mind her quirks.

by Anonymousreply 233April 26, 2022 9:56 PM

R231, If you're referring to tonight's(Tuesday's) game, I totally agree.

It's not Jeopardy! anymore, it's a dumbed down, happy talking version of what it used to be.

And that includes Ken Jennings and his need to appear funny throughout the game. He's approaching a Steve Harvey level of annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 234April 26, 2022 10:06 PM

I quite like Mattea, I would find her personality tiring if I had to live with her (although, this might be her 'on' personality), but for half an hour each evening she's a fun distraction; and big knowledge to boot!

by Anonymousreply 235April 26, 2022 11:10 PM

Some of the questions — at the supposedly more challenging levels — are so incredibly obvious that it’s a wonder that they made it in the show. Then there are others that are so poorly worded they leave people scratching their heads.

When she’s finished her reign I’ll be back.

by Anonymousreply 236April 26, 2022 11:13 PM

Good lord, Reya is a million times worse than Mattea!

by Anonymousreply 237April 26, 2022 11:42 PM

DAMN

by Anonymousreply 238April 26, 2022 11:47 PM

^ haha, true. I don't trust people who laugh/talk. Reya is laughing all the time when she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 239April 26, 2022 11:47 PM

I know this is my character flaw but Mattea annoys the hell out of me. It also drives me nuts that she seems so familiar. Does she resemble a TV actress? I can't place it.

And yeah, Reya is Mattea on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 240April 27, 2022 12:00 AM

I’ve absolutely had it with the quirky contestants and their disruptive comments. No spoilers, but tonight’s show seemed like a nadir on that front. Well mini-spoiler, the two non-Mattea contestants were both they/thems.

Hopefully the producers get some constructive feedback before next season starts being cast.

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2022 12:01 AM

It's called a censer, Mattea. (the person carrying the cross is a thurifer, FYI)

Hazelnuts are, indeed, filberts; we read Horatio Alger in high school; yeah, I knew about the snark, too, Mattea (see above). Like the non-they contestant, I guessed U. K.

Two theys and a Lez the producers probably felt they'd hit the "diversity" jackpot.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2022 12:11 AM

You are no doubt 3 times Mattea's age R242. She's doing great. Who the fuck ever heard of a philbert but some old grandpa? And who would care if someone didn't know that but someone who's having a hard time keeping up and moving forward?

by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2022 12:19 AM

Were we supposed to know todays FJ???

Jesus.

That lady was super annoying.

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2022 12:29 AM

I'm watching as I'm typing this and God this they us annoying. If course it has dizzy spells and has let everyone know. I'm sure once it loses it will set up a I lost in jeopardy because they're transphobic GoFundMe.

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2022 12:43 AM

Or ableist or both....faints.

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2022 12:44 AM

And God the lady on the end is fucking annoying. This is the one night I don't want the roach to lose.

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2022 12:45 AM

She talks like she just shit her pants.

by Anonymousreply 248April 27, 2022 12:46 AM

So do the They folx refer to themselves as We instead of I?

by Anonymousreply 249April 27, 2022 1:04 AM

[quote]the two non-Mattea contestants were both they/thems

That's because each of them were a handful.

If Reya were any louder, a mike wouldn't have been needed.

At first I liked Reya's look, but then she opened her mouth and ruined it.

Cotton candy-headed (and candy-brained) Nicky seemed absolutely [bold]exhausting[/bold].

This may have been the first time I rooted for Mattea.

by Anonymousreply 250April 27, 2022 1:31 AM

Mattea generally has more knowledge about US history and culture than her American competitors. And she is FAST on that buzzer!

Her main weak spot seems to be culture/entertainment trivia pre-1980 though I guess that's true of most of the contestants, who all seem to be under 40 these days.

Am I wrong that there aren't often sports categories any more? Too hard for so many gay contestants?

by Anonymousreply 251April 27, 2022 1:44 AM

Tonight's episode was a DLer's dream or more likely, a comedians. A lezbo, a pink haired fag, and a stone cold they walked into a bar.

by Anonymousreply 252April 27, 2022 2:29 AM

Why did pink guy run back to his podium at the end? Do contestants who don't qualify for FJ come back? Did I miss that in the past? He was just an arms flapping floozy... kids these days.

by Anonymousreply 253April 27, 2022 2:38 AM

Perhaps I'm in the minority 'cause I enjoyed tonight's game. The pink-haired contestant cracked me up when he got Dallas at the end even though it didn't get him out of the red. Yeah, the chattiness needs to be dialed back some, but I do enjoy contestants with personality compared to the stuffiness of contestants from back in the day on old-school Jeopardy! I guess the show is evolving with the times but I don't think it's necessarily dumber, maybe just more ...... accessible? Surprised Hemophilia was a triple stumper tonight. I'm an NBA fan, so I did get Greece for FJ although I was thrown off by the alternate spelling of the Antetokounmpo name.

by Anonymousreply 254April 27, 2022 2:56 AM

Also R253, contestants always come back on stage during the closing credits even if they didn't advance to the FJ round.

by Anonymousreply 255April 27, 2022 2:58 AM

Tonight's episode was very entertaining. PInk-haired guy was hilarious (especially the Dallas moment) and Reya was... something else. Her endless story about the Guggenheim. I think Ken tried to think of something interesting to say.

by Anonymousreply 256April 27, 2022 3:01 AM

I'm all for it moving forward and more interactive fun. I like both Ken and Mayim. Alex was a drone and a scold. I seriously dig Mattea. Be a cool Canadian LESBIAN dammit. She/her. No doubt she accepts all pronouns and genders. Mattea is a cool YOUNG tutor and braless girl who displays both nerves and nerve.

Let's just toughen up the questions and scategories a bit though please. The Weakest Link has far tougher questions than Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 257April 27, 2022 3:19 AM

As a vertigo suffufferer, how much did Nicky ultimately win to donate to the charity? I missed the end as I had to rush to the Kingdom Hall.

by Anonymousreply 258April 27, 2022 3:51 AM

I am hopeless at sports and sports trivia, and to prove it I guessed South Africa for FJ. I liked Reya's look and their FJ answer, but the show had a weird "Dating Game" vibe, with the contestants vying to shine the spotlight on themselves as the most quirky and sensational Jeopardy player of all time. I think Alex might have slapped all three of them.

by Anonymousreply 259April 27, 2022 4:04 AM

I agree with you 100%, R254 and R257. All of the folks sniping about the dumbing down of the clues and Ken's jokes/banter with the contestants should really go back and watch some of the older shows (from any decade). They have never been all smarty-pants level clues, and I don't mean those in the lower dollar amount rows, because the show wouldn't have lasted long if the at-home audience couldn't play along at all.

Alex routinely commented or made attempts at humor during play, and contestants wanting to get on with the game have been characterized here as rude and criticized for "interrupting" him -- probably by the same DLers who are now bitching about too much host-contestant interaction. Alex was a rarely funny, condescending prick, whereas Ken and Mayim are actually amusing and truly respectful of all of the contestants. I actually prefer this Jeopardy! era.

Also, does it seem as though there are more gay, lesbian, and pronoun-challenged contestants since Alex died and Michael Richards was fired? Could it be they were begrudgingly inclusive?

by Anonymousreply 260April 27, 2022 4:11 AM

Ugh. The gay guy takes up all the space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 27, 2022 5:10 AM

Four more wins and Mattea is tied with Julia Collins winning streak of 20, and with five more wins, she'd be in fifth, right after James Holzhauer.

by Anonymousreply 262April 27, 2022 5:37 AM

R240, Mattea reminds me of Yeardley Smith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 27, 2022 6:21 AM

Wow! All three contestants were LGBT tonight? That may be a first.

Yes, even if the contestant doesn't make it to Final, he/she/they come back to the podium during the end credits. Has always been that way althought it usually isn't so noticeable as when a pink haired contestant comes returns.

Had no idea on Final. I guess South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 264April 27, 2022 8:05 AM

R240 Quinn Cummings, who to be fair was supposed to be annoying as hell as Annie Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 265April 27, 2022 8:42 AM

R261, imagine having that being a champ and coming back to the show - "that" being my pronoun for Nicky.

R262, I would sorry to see Mattea tie or top Julia Collins' record, given Julia was one of my all-time favorite contestants.

by Anonymousreply 266April 27, 2022 11:12 AM

Julia Collins’ record was already broken recently by Amy Schneider, who is currently Jeopardy’s winningest woman.

by Anonymousreply 267April 27, 2022 11:57 AM

But Julia won our hearts.

by Anonymousreply 268April 27, 2022 12:02 PM

My mom has perspicacious comments:

If I were Amy, I wouldn't wear such a tight strand of pearls with such a thick neck.

What is wrong with Mattea's wrists? Is there such a thing as a limp-wristed Lesbian?

Last night, that South Asian woman was a much worse annoyance. The guy with headaches gave me one.

by Anonymousreply 269April 27, 2022 12:22 PM

I like Mattea's asides myself, as well as those from the hosts. Watching James was like having a robot player, Matt less so, Amy's asides were a break from that, but I tired of her more than I am with Mattea.

by Anonymousreply 270April 27, 2022 12:22 PM

[quote]Julia Collins’ record was already broken recently by Amy Schneider, who is currently Jeopardy’s winningest woman.

No one believes Amy is a woman. Amy is a straight male cross dresser/autogynophile, and I will say some type of credit is due as Amy is currently Jeopardy's winningest cross dresser.

by Anonymousreply 271April 27, 2022 12:34 PM

It's pretty spectacular that such a young woman can be so poised and smart--such confidence. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 272April 27, 2022 12:56 PM

Amy is not a woman except in her warped misguided brain. Julia's record still stands.

by Anonymousreply 273April 27, 2022 2:25 PM

They are genderfluid, not gay, R261.

by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2022 6:15 PM

They are self-hating ****suckers using the term 'gender-fluid' so they don't have to come to terms with the harsh reality that they are succinctly a sexual minority subject to derision from the general public.

And no, just choosing to sit at the girls table everyday in the lunchroom doesn't make you 'gender=-fluid', it makes you think you're in the closet and able to throw out the 'gender-fluid' to justify your fears of coming out; all the while everybody at the school will pay lip-service to your cause to your face, but behind your back the entire school just says 'oh, he's gay AF'

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2022 7:01 PM

Mattea is just trying earn enough money for a down payment on a house or condo in INSANE Toronto. She says Jeopardy is her "rich parents."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2022 8:38 PM

How is this one's post-Jeopardy career going? Is he a star yet?

Ah, I see. Not yet. I suppose Americans are not quite ready for a sexual fetishist cross dresser to ...what...entertain us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2022 11:34 PM

Not to abruptly change the segue the conversation from transphobia, but what a great game tonight!

by Anonymousreply 278April 28, 2022 12:02 AM

How does Mattea know before the ken has even finished reading the clue. Can she read that fast? Her mind must be lightening quick.

by Anonymousreply 279April 28, 2022 12:09 AM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 280April 28, 2022 1:10 AM

$1.00!!!

by Anonymousreply 281April 28, 2022 1:46 AM

Best game in a while. She totally had it right to bet high on the simple "body" category, and I didn't even mind her needed to "explain it to us" as she made the bet. She's really grown on me. At this point I hope she beats Amy and the Grim Gus Matt in the ToC.

by Anonymousreply 282April 28, 2022 2:31 AM

So, here's a couple of questions:

Is it true that a contestant cannot press their buzzer until the question has been fully read by the host? And if that's true, there must often be just split seconds between those pressed buzzers.

I guess I can imagine the infinitesimal difference in the buzzer responses registering with today's technology, but was that technology always in place on the show, even in the days of Art Fleming?

In any case, great game tonight! Ben came sooooooo close to winning.

by Anonymousreply 283April 28, 2022 2:32 AM

I knew Ben should have gone all in on that DD he got. When you're up against a player on a 16 game winning streak, you have to play aggressively. Oh well, that was an exciting game.

by Anonymousreply 284April 28, 2022 2:54 AM

Not familiar with Toronto real estate R276, but I hope Mattea has enough to buy something with what she's earned so far.

by Anonymousreply 285April 28, 2022 3:15 AM

I thought FJ was easy, but found most of the other questions pretty hard tonight. I wonder why Mattea, smart as she is, feels she needs to try to explain why she is wagering what she wagers, when most contestants understand that the audience probably doesn't care...

by Anonymousreply 286April 28, 2022 4:11 AM

I want to finger Mattea.

by Anonymousreply 287April 28, 2022 4:26 AM

R283 Yes, you can't buzz in till the host finishes reading the question. There's a signal light visible to the contestants which shows when the buzzer is open. If you buzz in too early you're blocked from re-buzzing for a fraction of a second.

by Anonymousreply 288April 28, 2022 4:37 AM

Lol, how true r287. But Mattea likes women.

by Anonymousreply 289April 28, 2022 4:37 AM

I know it wasn't done intentionally, but I found Mattea's behavior tonight borderline unsportsmanlike.

by Anonymousreply 290April 28, 2022 4:58 AM

The correct response is Who is LENS Dunham?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 28, 2022 5:41 AM

I was so hoping Ben would send that smug, thoroughly annoying cunt back to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 292April 28, 2022 5:42 AM

Great game tonight. I liked all of the contestants. So much fun when its a competitive game!

You could see Ben struggling with his buzzer after so many questions. Mattea's had 16 games to perfect her buzzer technique.

I liked hearing why Mattea was betting so much. She was aware she had to pull ahead in a big way or she'd be going home. Shows she's not ready to throw a game yet, unlike other long-running champs (looking at Matt Amodio).

Had no idea on Final, but I know little to nothing about Irish poets.

by Anonymousreply 293April 28, 2022 8:34 AM

On her final appearance there's just that hand madly waving above the podium as she melts into the floor screaming, "I should have bet more! I should have bet more!"

by Anonymousreply 294April 28, 2022 8:52 AM

I guessed Yeats because he was the only Irish playwright who came to mind (even though I know nothing else about Yeats).

by Anonymousreply 295April 28, 2022 12:35 PM

Yeats is another writer who pops up frequently on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 296April 28, 2022 12:40 PM

I wish they'd drag her and her increasingly cringeworthy "quirks" off the set by that stupid nose ring. She knows a hell of a lot, which is to be admired, but she's icky and annoying enough to ruin the game for me. And STFU!

by Anonymousreply 297April 28, 2022 12:43 PM

[quote]Not to abruptly change the segue the conversation from transphobia, but what a great game tonight!

Yes, to question how an unattractive cross dresser is going to make it big in Hollywood is "transphobia".

Oh dear, R278. At least you save your more typical comment: "it's literal violence!"

But seriously, who is Amy's target market and why did she get a talent agent and what are her talents? Are these questions "transphobia" or just curiousity?

by Anonymousreply 298April 28, 2022 1:09 PM

Fuck all the way off, r298.

by Anonymousreply 299April 28, 2022 2:23 PM

Sorry, trans friend. It is not literal violence to question and ask questions.

by Anonymousreply 300April 28, 2022 2:24 PM

The subject of the thread is Jeopardy, not your obsessive discomfort with trans people. There are probably thousands of threads on that topic (transphobia) on this site where you can post all about it to your heart’s content.

by Anonymousreply 301April 28, 2022 3:44 PM

As r301 correctly pointed out, this thread is about each day's Jeopardy game.

There are literally hundreds of anti-trans threads on DL in which to post your dislike of Amy and transgender people. The thread linked below is one devoted specifically to anti-trans hatred of Amy.

Take all the anti-trans commentary there and leave this one to people who just want to talk about the game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302April 28, 2022 4:04 PM

The producers clearly have not told Mattea to shut the fuck up and play the game. My question is are they now encouraging her to perform her schtick?

by Anonymousreply 303April 28, 2022 4:40 PM

Well, isn't she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 28, 2022 5:11 PM

R304 I think the point is (and I don't want to stray too far from simply talking about the games, as Club President Johnny Gilbert reminds us), you don't get "And now the new champion, the hetero accountant from Chevy Chase Maryland, George Humbleguy!!"

We aren't there yet.... but sometimes "representation" just reinforces marginality.

by Anonymousreply 305April 28, 2022 5:31 PM

She is so young but yet she has granny tits! Does she own a fucking bra?!?!

by Anonymousreply 306April 28, 2022 5:37 PM

R302, S T F U.

by Anonymousreply 307April 28, 2022 5:51 PM

The phrase "lesbian tutor" makes it sound like she teaches people how to become a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 308April 28, 2022 6:06 PM

That Mattea is lesbian is really irrelevant to her role in Jeopardy! It is not irrelevant, however, to dispute that "Amy" Schneider is the winningest woman. "Amy" is not a woman, and that is patently clear to anyone with eyes.

by Anonymousreply 309April 28, 2022 6:12 PM

she has the saggiest tits !!

by Anonymousreply 310April 28, 2022 6:15 PM

"Mattea taught me everything I know! If you're in the market for lesbian tutoring, I highly recommend her!!"

Sapphy in Mississauga, Google reviews

by Anonymousreply 311April 28, 2022 6:17 PM

She might be upbeat and chirpy but she is a killer.

The reason she bet that dollar was only to send the Asian guy home. She could have bet zero and there would have been a tie. All that means is that he comes back with her. That doesn’t hurt her at all to let him keep us money as co-champion.

The only reason to bet the dollar, unless things have changed, would have been to sink him and not let him keep his 26k

And then she has the nerve to small talk to him after intentionally wiping out his earnings just for spite.

by Anonymousreply 312April 28, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]The reason she bet that dollar was only to send the Asian guy home. She could have bet zero and there would have been a tie. All that means is that he comes back with her. That doesn’t hurt her at all to let him keep us money as co-champion.

Show hasn't done co-champions in several years.

If both had ended with the same amount, there would have immediately been a sudden death tie breaker question. First to buzz in and answer correctly is the winner and comes back the next day. Other goes home with $2,000.

Show had a tie-breaker situation about two months ago. We discussed it at length here on the DL Jeopardy thread.

by Anonymousreply 313April 28, 2022 6:34 PM

Amy has had the pole cut into a hole surgery. She is now a woman!

by Anonymousreply 314April 28, 2022 6:47 PM

Gee, how dare she want to win, R312!

by Anonymousreply 315April 28, 2022 6:51 PM

would have been really outrageous and funny if Mattea had only bet 1 penny to break the tie and won with 1 cent more! lol!.. i don't know though, can you bet coins, not dollars amounts?..

by Anonymousreply 316April 28, 2022 6:54 PM

Even dollars only

Betting $1 is what anyone would do, not mean at all.

by Anonymousreply 317April 28, 2022 6:56 PM

Here's a question I was wondering about: can a contestant bet nothing when landing on a DJ question?

Suppose it's a category in which one has little confidence, and betting even a dollar and then getting the answer wrong would be putting oneself out of contention.

Is betting zero an option the way it is for FJ?

I ask because I don't recall seeing anyone do this before.

by Anonymousreply 318April 28, 2022 7:21 PM

4. The minimum wager for a Daily Double in either the Jeopardy! or Double Jeopardy! round is $5. The minimum wager for Final Jeopardy! is $0.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 28, 2022 7:26 PM

The show likes to have contestants on a long winning streak because more people tune in.

by Anonymousreply 320April 28, 2022 8:11 PM

It’s Jeopardy! OP, not Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 321April 28, 2022 8:20 PM

If Mattea were blind or deaf, she'd be identified as such in media reportage.

If she were missing a limb or in a wheelchair, she'd be identified as handicapped.

I see nothing wrong with identifying Mattea as a lesbian, especially after all the media coverage earliier this year surrounding Amy and her being trans.

by Anonymousreply 322April 28, 2022 10:49 PM

Is that boogers hanging out of Mattea's nose?

by Anonymousreply 323April 28, 2022 11:18 PM

I admire Mattea for knowing the correct answer as I thought Roots, too. Sugarloaf in Rio, angels on the head of a pin, and Pepin (the short) seemed obvious to me.

by Anonymousreply 324April 29, 2022 12:01 AM

If you know Broadway musicals you would easily know that Charlemagne's son was Pepin also known as Pippin!

by Anonymousreply 325April 29, 2022 12:31 AM

Does she win on Thursday,?

by Anonymousreply 326April 29, 2022 2:23 AM

She did.

by Anonymousreply 327April 29, 2022 2:26 AM

YES!!!

by Anonymousreply 328April 29, 2022 2:27 AM

FJ came to me at the end. The phrasing of the question eliminated “Roots” as the answer but that was my first thought as well. I went through a major Toni Morrison phase in college so it just took an extra second to get there.

by Anonymousreply 329April 29, 2022 2:39 AM

Mattea was pretty amazing at the end today. It was so close and she hit a home run

by Anonymousreply 330April 29, 2022 3:01 AM

Was it last night that none of the contestants recognized Andrew McCarthy?? Blanking on it, but there was an easy answer like that tonight, too, that just showed how young they all are.

by Anonymousreply 331April 29, 2022 3:07 AM

I haven't read "Song of Solomon," but the biblical reference and the fact that Jeopardy uses Toni Morrison a lot clued me in. Renée was a good player.

by Anonymousreply 332April 29, 2022 3:14 AM

R312 "She could have bet zero and there would have been a tie. All that means is that he comes back with her. That doesn’t hurt her at all to let him keep us money as co-champion."

Not the way it works. If there's a tie after FJ they go to a sudden-death tie-breaker question.

by Anonymousreply 333April 29, 2022 3:27 AM

Asked and answered already, R333.

Besides, why should Mattea NOT go for the win against a challenging competitor? This ain't Jeopardy's best friend race.

I enjoyed Mattea's RuPaul Trivia Lip Sync for your life blind date story tonight.

by Anonymousreply 334April 29, 2022 3:33 AM

Must have been answered by somebody I've blocked.

by Anonymousreply 335April 29, 2022 4:04 AM

She has not yet actually come out on the show yet has she?

by Anonymousreply 336April 29, 2022 4:25 AM

The biggest homophobes are always the biggest closet cases. The biggest transphobes are no different. So sad. And so fucking irritating. I'm with R301 &R302. Enough with the anti-trans BS. Either transition already or share your displaced trans contempt on a thread designed expressly for that purpose. Maybe enough F & F's will silence him. Or should I say her?

by Anonymousreply 337April 29, 2022 4:46 AM

You think anti-trans people are trans closet cases? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 338April 29, 2022 4:51 AM

Just block r298 and almost all of it disappears. I do hate that in order to discuss two of my favorite shows, Top Chef and Jeopardy!, I have to block racists and transphobes. I guess that's what the DL is these days.

by Anonymousreply 339April 29, 2022 5:05 AM

Her teeth is so yellow! And wear a damn bra!

by Anonymousreply 340April 29, 2022 5:09 AM

At least Mattea is not a thick necked man with no tits wearing pink sweaters and cheap pearls R340.

by Anonymousreply 341April 29, 2022 5:42 AM

They honestly thought a college undergrad could compete at this level?

It's rigged I tell ya. Rigged!

by Anonymousreply 342April 29, 2022 5:58 AM

Another good game. So much better when Mattea has some real competition. And I find she's less irritating when she got that competition.

I had no idea on Final. I would have written down Roots, although as someone said upthread, the wording of the clue eliminated that.

by Anonymousreply 343April 29, 2022 6:45 AM

I knew it was a Toni Morrison, but the only one I could think of was "Beloved." Good for her for getting it right!

by Anonymousreply 344April 29, 2022 7:09 AM

Can I just say that that guy with the pink hair a few days ago was so fucking stupid?! How the fuck did he get on the show???

by Anonymousreply 345April 29, 2022 2:00 PM

I was really rooting for Renée for the win, but I agree that Mattea is less challenging to watch when she has a real challenger who gives her a run for the money.

When that happens, she seems to focus on actually playing the game as opposed to adding commentary and doing the hand jive.

As an aside, I'd add that I was glad Manav never left the gate as a contestant, given the way his hands & arms were flapping around like a wind turbine during the interview.

I blanked out on FJ.

I've read Morison's first two novels, but I never would've guessed the answer was her third.

by Anonymousreply 346April 29, 2022 2:33 PM

Notice that Mattea refrained from using a pronoun when describing her date.

by Anonymousreply 347April 29, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote]Can I just say that that guy with the pink hair a few days ago was so fucking stupid?! How the fuck did he get on the show???

there's obviously a 'woke' agenda in force recently

by Anonymousreply 348April 29, 2022 4:37 PM

Pink Haired Guy obviously had to take the Anytime Test on line to be invited to audition in person. At that audition, he had to play a mock game with two others for producers to evaluate him. He also had to pass a one-on-one interview. The point is, he didn't just stumble in off the street one day. He was screened heavily before he got on camera.

It may be the producers thought the pink hair would be interesting on camera and would show they are hip, cool and woke.

But more likely, Pink Haired Guy was a combination of slow on the buzzer and nervous on camera. Never underestimate how being in the studio, on the Jeopardy set and playing an actual game can be intimidating to some.

by Anonymousreply 349April 29, 2022 5:00 PM

"Never underestimate how being in the studio, on the Jeopardy set and playing an actual game can be intimidating to some."

Some bleeding heart liberal producer was probably moved by his wanting to donate his winnings to a headache foundation, so they let him play.

by Anonymousreply 350April 29, 2022 5:07 PM

R350 Ah, so tired of the tribal trolling. I yearn for a day when "compassion" wasn't a call for cultural war attacks. Or maybe there never was such a day.

Ken, I'll take "Freedom from Modern Tribes" for $200.

by Anonymousreply 351April 29, 2022 5:26 PM

^Mary!

by Anonymousreply 352April 29, 2022 5:36 PM

^ Prosecution's exhibit 1A.

by Anonymousreply 353April 29, 2022 5:57 PM

Apparently there was a Harlem poet named Langston Hukes. 🙄

I rewound it a couple of times. He clearly said Hukes. And he got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 354April 29, 2022 6:03 PM

And remember, any time anyone says "culture wars" or "woke", what they are talking about is old, white, X-tian heterosexuals not giving you the civil rights a person has A RIGHT TO.

r351, r348

by Anonymousreply 355April 29, 2022 7:10 PM

He pronounced the "g" in "Hughes," which is a regional variation, R354. Also, if it's phonetically correct based on the spelling, it is allowable. He didn't get away with anything.

by Anonymousreply 356April 29, 2022 7:45 PM

It was his only correct answer and Langston Hughes as a great man. I'm sure he knew what he was saying.

by Anonymousreply 357April 29, 2022 7:49 PM

Clean out your ears honey, R356. He said Hukes….not Huges.

by Anonymousreply 358April 29, 2022 8:17 PM

Won't tip-off the outcome, but you're in for a real treat today as one contestant sings the alphabet in reverse.

And you were wondering how to get on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 359April 29, 2022 8:30 PM

^can’t wait!

by Anonymousreply 360April 29, 2022 8:34 PM

It's no spoiler, he's on the promo.

by Anonymousreply 361April 29, 2022 8:35 PM

R359, Jeopardy! is fast becoming The Gong Show.

by Anonymousreply 362April 29, 2022 8:57 PM

I have never heard anyone before pronounce Hughes as Hukes. His answer should have been disallowed.

by Anonymousreply 363April 29, 2022 9:06 PM

Do they ever offer "Potent Potables" as a category any more?

by Anonymousreply 364April 29, 2022 9:55 PM

Who won tonight? I was at my neighbor's.

by Anonymousreply 365April 30, 2022 12:10 AM

The fabulous Miss Mattea

by Anonymousreply 366April 30, 2022 12:19 AM

I’ve started fast forwarding through the Jennings opening. He’s sycophantic and I’m registering off the cringe scale during his spiel.

by Anonymousreply 367April 30, 2022 1:09 AM

R367, Totally agree. As Joan Rivers used to say, he's too "cutesy wootsy".

by Anonymousreply 368April 30, 2022 1:35 AM

Wasn't that Joan Crawford?

by Anonymousreply 369April 30, 2022 1:51 AM

I guessed Boris Godunov. Mattea is pretty amazing to come through victorious yet again, I hate to, but have to, admit. I'm still OK with Ken (although he should give "fantastic" a rest when responding to the contestants' anecdotes), but I was relievd when the singing hipster lost.

by Anonymousreply 370April 30, 2022 2:36 AM

R370 Hipster? What was going on with that sweater and white shirt and dark tie? I don't think it was ironic. It was more like the last night of Vacation Bible School, dress up with the parents, 1974.

Jeopardy collects the freaks, yep.

And I am starting to be all in for team Miss Mattea (thanks R366)

by Anonymousreply 371April 30, 2022 2:46 AM

Mattea childhood photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372April 30, 2022 3:54 AM

The show wasn't aired today in NY! ABC aired the NFL draft instead

by Anonymousreply 373April 30, 2022 4:55 AM

They're airing it after the Draft here in L.A. -- it's on now as a matter of fact.

by Anonymousreply 374April 30, 2022 5:04 AM

Ok I didn’t know they changed the rules so I withdraw the post at r312.

If the old rules had been in place, that would have been unnecessary and spiteful imo.

R315 clearly missed the point in true dl fashion. thank you for the poster that can appreciate some nuance and context.

by Anonymousreply 375April 30, 2022 5:18 AM

R315 missed nothing. Rule change or not, why wouldn't Mattea want to WIN the game? She had to bet something. Bet to win. Eliminate a strong competitor. No nuance required.

You're an old grandpa sounding guy, R375. Does Mattea being lesbian with a nose piercing and no bra and speaking too casual or extemporaneous bother you? I imagine she does.

I bet most of your posts here are about what answers people SHOULD know - based on your 80 years on this planet. Or criticism of their clothing. Yikes.

The brain hardens with age. Don't withdraw your post - lubricate.

by Anonymousreply 376April 30, 2022 5:32 AM

Mattes is the best BD. Hoping to see her break a half mil.

by Anonymousreply 377April 30, 2022 5:59 AM

Julian gif

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378April 30, 2022 6:16 AM

What a hoot! I was wondering why Terri looked so familiar to me and then I realized I used to babysit her now grown kids decades ago. What a lovely lady. I'm glad she made it out of the read to play in FJ.

by Anonymousreply 379April 30, 2022 6:36 AM

^^^^ *red*

by Anonymousreply 380April 30, 2022 6:48 AM

wtf that reverse alphabet shit was weird

by Anonymousreply 381April 30, 2022 6:51 AM

Julian and his backward alphabet was cute, but I sure am glad I don't have to put up with him again. And what was up with his hair? It looked like a wig.

Mattea continues to be impressive with knowing seemingly obscure things.

I had no idea on Final, yet Mattea got it correctly by answering with something I've never even heard of.

by Anonymousreply 382April 30, 2022 10:07 AM

R373 - the show was aired in the wee hours of the night.

They've done that before, so I knew to look on the station's schedule and DVR it.

Keep that in mind the next time the show is pre-empted.

One last thought: the middle guy was way beyond quirky.

by Anonymousreply 383April 30, 2022 11:42 AM

In my area if WOF and JEOPARDY are pre-empted by something, they are shown at their regular times on ME TV.......but not in HD.

by Anonymousreply 384April 30, 2022 2:26 PM

Jeopardy can also be seen later in the day on YouTube, with the bonus that all commercials are deleted. The show is about 17 minutes long.

by Anonymousreply 385April 30, 2022 2:33 PM

Someone needs to tell Mattea to stop making inane comments after wrong guesses and tie her fucking arms to her sides.

by Anonymousreply 386April 30, 2022 4:02 PM

Mattea fell off a jungle gym when she was young.

It explains the tits, haircut, hand gestures, and answering every question with a question

by Anonymousreply 387April 30, 2022 4:17 PM

Don't you wonder if, since she is a lesbian, she'll ever/has already come to DL?

I wish she would. She'd be a kick to have around!

by Anonymousreply 388April 30, 2022 4:34 PM

R385, That day's game is posted on YT as early as 2:00 PM.

by Anonymousreply 389April 30, 2022 4:39 PM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 390April 30, 2022 4:44 PM

I think she needs someone to come on the show and kick her bony ass off!

by Anonymousreply 391April 30, 2022 5:14 PM

The producers/director clearly love her schtick because they zoom in on her when she picks a Daily Double now. I’m tired of seeing her teeth and eye ticks up close. They need one of those dog shock collars for her and push the damn button every time she goes off on her Wackadoodle way.

by Anonymousreply 392April 30, 2022 5:51 PM

What a grumpy bunch you all are. She's a riot! Don't let your internalized misogyny deprive you of fully appreciating this magical run on jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 393April 30, 2022 7:39 PM

I'm not grumpy R393. I dig Mattea. I like lesbians. She's funny and fun and an unusual girl. So fucking smart and full of surprises. She's my home away from hometown girl.

by Anonymousreply 394April 30, 2022 8:19 PM

You lost me with your ridiculous and repulsive ageism, R376. R375 may be an idiot, but you’re both an idiot and an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 395April 30, 2022 10:30 PM

Despite her irritating quirks, I find myself liking Mattea more and more.

She's very smart and has an amazing breadth of knowledge.

Really looking forward to seeing how far she goes.

by Anonymousreply 396April 30, 2022 10:33 PM

Ageism? Just because you're ancient doesn't mean you have to be so predictable, R395.

by Anonymousreply 397April 30, 2022 10:52 PM

A sneering "grandpa" is clearly a feist.

by Anonymousreply 398April 30, 2022 11:36 PM

Mattea < Amy < Matt

That's my hope for the ToC order.

In fact, in some fantasy future it'd be fun to see Ken and James and Mattea in a game... I think all the Mattea haters have been distracted by their hate and failed to appreciate how she's really good in every kind of category.

by Anonymousreply 399May 1, 2022 3:07 PM

R399, Not true, she's displayed weakness in some categories.

by Anonymousreply 400May 1, 2022 3:36 PM

A Ken and James rematch would be fun. Too bad Ken is retired from game play.

by Anonymousreply 401May 1, 2022 4:05 PM

she's good but she wears horrible clothes and I hope she can buy herself a fucking bra to contain those saggy udders. disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 402May 1, 2022 4:34 PM

Ken, you puny human

by Anonymousreply 403May 1, 2022 4:35 PM

She ugly. But not as ugly as "Amy".

by Anonymousreply 404May 1, 2022 4:51 PM

R400 Which?

by Anonymousreply 405May 1, 2022 6:54 PM

Mattea didn’t do well in the category about movies that end in an exclamation point.

by Anonymousreply 406May 1, 2022 6:58 PM

Please. If Mattea wore a bra with any support it would only raise her tits up and make them even more objectionable to all you homosexualists!

by Anonymousreply 407May 2, 2022 12:06 AM

I’m not seeing the objectionable low hanging tits. Please direct me to a photo. I’m also confused by R399’s rankings. Your list order doesn’t match up with your text. Mattea less than Amy, Amy less than Matt?

by Anonymousreply 408May 2, 2022 2:34 AM

My Matty will send those bitches home in tears.

by Anonymousreply 409May 2, 2022 3:27 AM

Sorry Grandpa, DL Icon Margaret Shelton will triumph at the TOC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410May 2, 2022 3:53 AM

Peyton and Eli Manning are Margaret’s cousins. Would’ve been a great story to share during one of her episodes.

by Anonymousreply 411May 2, 2022 5:37 AM

wow, I did not know that! I enjoyed her when she was on.

by Anonymousreply 412May 2, 2022 6:31 AM

R411, Through their father Archie or their mother?

by Anonymousreply 413May 2, 2022 7:37 AM

Amy attended the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night

by Anonymousreply 414May 2, 2022 10:03 AM

You mean Nerd Prom, R414.

by Anonymousreply 415May 2, 2022 10:28 AM

When a man sees a woman succeed on a quiz show, it often triggers a deep-seated Oedipal response.

by Anonymousreply 416May 2, 2022 11:13 AM

R414, So did Caitlyn Jenner, did they compare notes?

by Anonymousreply 417May 2, 2022 11:18 AM

Archie is her uncle, R413.

by Anonymousreply 418May 2, 2022 2:55 PM

Amy looking lovely in green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 2, 2022 2:59 PM

^^ That's one broad-shouldered lesbian, I mean man, I mean trans... I am totally supportive of the new choices available to our little humans as regards gender... I am not one of those who think "trans" options seeks to erase "gay people." But I have to admit I see the shoulders and tattoo of a truckdriver here. I wonder if a couple generations will be needed not to see such...

R408 I meant by the list to share my prediction/hope that the three would finish the ToC in that order.

by Anonymousreply 420May 2, 2022 4:01 PM

Ken is Watson's bitch.

by Anonymousreply 421May 2, 2022 4:22 PM

Hah, Amy is a dude, but looks good in green.

by Anonymousreply 422May 2, 2022 6:38 PM

Green, such a tricky color...

by Anonymousreply 423May 2, 2022 7:50 PM

"Et tu, Brute."

by Anonymousreply 424May 2, 2022 8:20 PM

I wonder if Amy will be at the Met Ball tonight?

by Anonymousreply 425May 2, 2022 9:29 PM

How very dare you not know Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas???

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 426May 3, 2022 1:01 AM

God, people look so trashy with tattoos. 🙄🤨

by Anonymousreply 427May 3, 2022 1:03 AM

Can't believe I guessed "Macbeth"...

by Anonymousreply 428May 3, 2022 3:47 AM

I guessed MacBeth too. Julius Ceasar is so obvious in hindsight.

Congrats to Mattea on her 20th win. She's now tied Julia Collins's record.

by Anonymousreply 429May 3, 2022 8:08 AM

"Collins's"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 430May 3, 2022 9:57 AM

One more win for Mattea and Julia Collins will slip to THIRD winningest woman in Jeopardy history. What a difference one season can make!

by Anonymousreply 431May 3, 2022 11:04 AM

Stop it you troll R431, lol. The dude in the dress and pearls with the pint-sized truck driver body does not count.

by Anonymousreply 432May 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Exciting to hear that Mattea can’t wait to go head-to-head against Amy. I can’t remember a more exciting matchup of Jeopardy! femmes fatales. I’m still rooting for Matt to win all the marbles, but the headline of this year’s Tournament of Champions will be about the girlboss battle royale between Amy and Mattea.

by Anonymousreply 433May 4, 2022 12:31 AM

Oh you troll R433. Amy is a dude, and there will be no "girlboss battle" as Amy is XY with some sort of penis. He did look good in green at the Met Gala. Still waiting to see what his "talents" are that will propel him to stardom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 4, 2022 2:01 AM

That pic at R434 shows me that not only is he an ugly woman, he is a hideous man.

Maybe he can try being non-binary...?

by Anonymousreply 435May 4, 2022 2:12 AM

R434, That is NOT a flattering photo.

by Anonymousreply 436May 4, 2022 4:24 AM

Wow, the actress playing young adult Michelle Obama is SO much more appealing (and attractive) than Viola.

by Anonymousreply 437May 4, 2022 11:32 AM

R437, That's not difficult to do, actually.

by Anonymousreply 438May 4, 2022 12:51 PM

Sorry, wrong thread. (Although, thanks for the reply, R438!)

by Anonymousreply 439May 4, 2022 1:02 PM

Mispronounced Anais.

by Anonymousreply 440May 4, 2022 11:06 PM

No could get Artemis? Really? That was beyond easy.

by Anonymousreply 441May 5, 2022 2:18 AM

Yeas, it would be fun if we were able to go back and see a list of all of the questions that Mattea didn't know or got wrong. She's always right so it's a shock when she wrong or clueless.

by Anonymousreply 442May 5, 2022 3:24 AM

I missed the rhyming aspect of FJ and suck at the Civil War, so my guess was ... resoundingly incorrect. Ken looked sharp.

by Anonymousreply 443May 5, 2022 3:58 AM

When Ken dies, Watson will give the eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 444May 5, 2022 5:07 AM

I tried to send strong “Oh, dear” vibes through my TV when I saw “Antedam” written down as a response to Final.

by Anonymousreply 445May 5, 2022 8:55 AM

I don’t recall Alex giving contestants a do over when they did not respond in the form of a question.

by Anonymousreply 446May 5, 2022 2:31 PM

Alex would never have let Mattea talk as much as she does.

by Anonymousreply 447May 5, 2022 2:35 PM

R446 - Alex did allow it during the first round of the game.

However during Double Jeopardy, it was mandatory the response had to be in the form of a question.

R447 - that thought has popped into my head on more than a couple of occasions during the past few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 448May 5, 2022 3:02 PM

Wow, peeps, you think Jeopardy and Wheel are games? They are business, and there is more business when there are BIG winners. BD Mattea and $100K on Wheel.

I wish Wheel would get rid of the bankrupts. Change the Lose A Turn into Lose A Turn and bonuses. Cheap assed bastards.

by Anonymousreply 449May 5, 2022 4:47 PM

Yes, it is heartbreaking to see people lose all their money due to bankrupts.

by Anonymousreply 450May 5, 2022 4:49 PM

But Alex didn't censure contestants for talking on camera, did he?

Sorry, I'm new to Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 451May 5, 2022 8:10 PM

He did not, no. That’s why I think the uptick in useless chatter and reactions is a deliberate production decision. The level of chatter probably hasn’t gone up that much, but the amount that’s given airtime certainly has. They have leeway to edit out whatever noise/chatter they want; they’ve lately chosen to leave a lot more of it in the broadcast than in previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 452May 5, 2022 9:59 PM

I agree. They need to revamp to get younger (less than 50 years old) to watch, and funny banter is seen as more amusing for the younger watchers.

And I think they are purposefully selecting millennials with tattoos, sass and dyed hair. They do not want old fogeys anymore.

by Anonymousreply 453May 5, 2022 10:02 PM

Oh, that stupid fucking bitch!

by Anonymousreply 454May 5, 2022 10:34 PM

I don't mind Mattea's constant winning but I do wish the competition was fiercer so that FJ wasn't always the inevitable and predictable. There's just no tension in that night after night.

by Anonymousreply 455May 5, 2022 10:46 PM

Oh my, this will be interesting. Mattea may have met her match!

by Anonymousreply 456May 5, 2022 11:24 PM

Nail-biter tonight, what a fun change of pace.

Not wanting to spoil Wheel for anybody who watches, but I caught the final puzzle tonight, and the poor guy had a puzzle that began

P__P _P T_E

He kept guessing “Poop up the line?”, “Poop up the alley?”, even after the buzzer rang. Pat was like “You’re out of time, please stop saying poop now”.

by Anonymousreply 457May 6, 2022 12:09 AM

Yeah, that sure was a nail-biter.

But anyone who hasn't seen that FJ film deserves to lose the game.

by Anonymousreply 458May 6, 2022 12:20 AM

Sarah played really well. She looked pissed as hell at the end of Final!

by Anonymousreply 459May 6, 2022 12:27 AM

I’ve never seen Citizen Kane either.

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 460May 6, 2022 12:28 AM

R460, I've confessed on DL before that that's one of the classic movies I've never been able to make myself sit through -- so you're not alone.

by Anonymousreply 461May 6, 2022 12:38 AM

Wow, I thought Mattea's reign was over. Glad she won.

by Anonymousreply 462May 6, 2022 12:42 AM

Mattea is so open and genuine. Love her!

by Anonymousreply 463May 6, 2022 12:55 AM

Citizen Kane is another title that pops up frequently on the show.

by Anonymousreply 464May 6, 2022 1:11 AM

r456, doesn't matter, Mattea has passed the half million dollar mark, her streak has been solid, worse comes to worse, she heads to the ToCs.

by Anonymousreply 465May 6, 2022 1:18 AM

If she keeps winning through the end of the season, she won’t make this year’s TOC.

by Anonymousreply 466May 6, 2022 1:22 AM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 467May 6, 2022 1:23 AM

She's just 23, she has all the time in the world to acquire more knowledge

by Anonymousreply 468May 6, 2022 1:26 AM

Watson told Jennings to give up.

by Anonymousreply 469May 6, 2022 1:28 AM

Mattea is a champ in her own right, but she still has an uphill climb if she wants to snatch the “winningest woman” record from Amy.

by Anonymousreply 470May 6, 2022 2:49 AM

FJ was very easy. Amazing (and lucky) that Mattea pulled it off. I can't remember many (any?) wins for James, Matt, or Amy that were just total flukey luck.

by Anonymousreply 471May 6, 2022 3:06 AM

R470? I'm on the edge of my chair hoping she can do it! But today was a little too close for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 472May 6, 2022 3:12 AM

Amy is a straight male so no he is not included in the "winningest women".

by Anonymousreply 473May 6, 2022 3:16 AM

I've never seen Citizen Kane either, but I knew the Final Jeopardy answer! Good lord!

by Anonymousreply 474May 6, 2022 3:21 AM

Sarah was very fast on the buzzer; I was sure she would get FJ...

by Anonymousreply 475May 6, 2022 3:32 AM

Sarah deserves a second chance!

by Anonymousreply 476May 6, 2022 3:40 AM

[quote]Sarah deserves a second chance!

No do overs.

by Anonymousreply 477May 6, 2022 12:39 PM

😁 happy Friday

by Anonymousreply 478May 6, 2022 10:48 PM

Freaky Friday.

by Anonymousreply 479May 6, 2022 11:48 PM

Bad wager.

by Anonymousreply 480May 6, 2022 11:58 PM

Damn damn damn!

by Anonymousreply 481May 7, 2022 12:01 AM

That was some WEIRD betting! It's like Mattea knew and threw it? Yesterday's comment indicated she was looking to exit. I knew final.

by Anonymousreply 482May 7, 2022 12:01 AM

A squeaker. One buck.

by Anonymousreply 483May 7, 2022 12:03 AM

Betsy guessing a couple of Jellicle cats in Final sent me. I’m a bit bummed about the outcome, but all good things…

ToC should be great fun.

And I’m not even going to bait the anti-trans folks by making reference to the fact that Amy’s record as the winningest female contestant is still… intact.

by Anonymousreply 484May 7, 2022 12:21 AM

It’s over?

(Yay!!)

by Anonymousreply 485May 7, 2022 12:27 AM

OMG!

I guessed Churchill Downs as well 😲😲

Wow!!!

by Anonymousreply 486May 7, 2022 12:29 AM

Did Mattea lose? (I hope so, she annoys me).

by Anonymousreply 487May 7, 2022 12:30 AM

Strange that Mattea came up with that amount for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 488May 7, 2022 12:44 AM

How are those two wagers happening at the same time even possible?

by Anonymousreply 489May 7, 2022 12:47 AM

Which one is a bigger icon among Lesbians: Mattea or... Amy?

by Anonymousreply 490May 7, 2022 12:51 AM

To the ones shocked by the wagers:

First place (if it’s not a runaway) should bet exactly the amount to get to the max of player two PLUS one dollar. Second player knows that. So she bets whatever will be one dollar more than player one if player one gets it wrong. Her only way to win is get it right and player one get it wrong. She covers player three’s max AND beats player one by a dollar.

It’s not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 491May 7, 2022 1:40 AM

Not one of them knew I, CLAUDIUS??

I'm reeling.......

by Anonymousreply 492May 7, 2022 1:52 AM

Ding dong, she’s gone. Yay!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493May 7, 2022 1:58 AM

I will miss Mattea. I still think she could well beat Matt and Amy. Fortunately, we'll get a chance to see.

by Anonymousreply 494May 7, 2022 2:31 AM

I knew it was the airport, but I didn’t know both names and would have written Hartfield without the s.

by Anonymousreply 495May 7, 2022 5:24 AM

I had absolutely no idea for FJ. Way to go, Danielle!

by Anonymousreply 496May 7, 2022 5:43 AM

Bad luck having a challenger from Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 497May 7, 2022 6:25 AM

I stumbled into the correct answer for Final.

I finally recalled that Jackson was the first black mayor of Atlanta. Once I figured that out, I quickly realized it was the referring to the airport and said Hartsfield Jackson Airport. However, I would not have had time to write it down.

Sorry to see Mattea go.

by Anonymousreply 498May 7, 2022 7:13 AM

So glad to see that smug, egotistical, annoying, drab, tattooed, kareoke singing, nose ring wearing, style challenged tutor . . . GONE.

by Anonymousreply 499May 7, 2022 11:11 AM

Don't let the door hit you on your droopy tits on the way out, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 500May 7, 2022 4:48 PM

R500 The internet was such a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 501May 7, 2022 4:52 PM

Yeesh! Dumb as an ugly rock!!

by Anonymousreply 502May 9, 2022 9:14 PM

So nice to tune in tonight and not see Mattea. And I was even a fan of hers.

And Karim is a cutie!

by Anonymousreply 503May 9, 2022 11:15 PM

"And Karim is a cutie!"

But, such a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 504May 9, 2022 11:18 PM

R503/R504….no……just no.

by Anonymousreply 505May 9, 2022 11:19 PM

What a dull game tonight.

by Anonymousreply 506May 9, 2022 11:24 PM

It was dull.

And that FJ was really hard! I guessed The Faerie Queen. lol.

by Anonymousreply 507May 9, 2022 11:28 PM

I knew it was Hemingway and guessed For Whom the Bell Tolls.

by Anonymousreply 508May 9, 2022 11:29 PM

Somehow I thought the FJ answer was referencing the name of Elizabeth's favorite knight and hence couldn't think of such a title. Something with....Sir Walter Raleigh in the title......Essex.....Errol Flynn......???? Also, thought of Orlando but knew the author Virginia Woolf was not American.

by Anonymousreply 509May 9, 2022 11:36 PM

Mattea would have known FJ

by Anonymousreply 510May 9, 2022 11:44 PM

Yes it is a bad sign when all three lose FJ.

by Anonymousreply 511May 9, 2022 11:49 PM

Disagree! That FJ was super hard and not in Mattea's wheelhouse, broad though it was.

by Anonymousreply 512May 10, 2022 12:02 AM

I was thinking along the lines of R509.

Out of Africa???

by Anonymousreply 513May 10, 2022 12:06 AM

I did guess FJ, but as usual, it took me 5 minutes to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 514May 10, 2022 2:29 AM

What a somber return for the Clue Crew, with Jimmy all suited up at Nuremberg. I hope their next trip is to Ibiza...

I liked the contestants, but that was a lousy game.

by Anonymousreply 515May 10, 2022 3:08 AM

Lousy game and I much prefer Ken to Mayim. I guessed FJ. "Retirement" led to "Farewell".

by Anonymousreply 516May 10, 2022 3:18 AM

I prefer Mayim to Ken! She is more engaging and avuncular.

FJ was really hard unless you had Hemingway on the brain.

Excited for ToC as well, it’s rad to have multiple strong female contenders for a change. I hope Matt Amodio will take the trophy, but it’s heartening that Amy and Mattea can at least serve as role models for young ladies everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 517May 10, 2022 3:40 AM

Weird game. Karim was a mess. A drama queen but a mess.

I kept rooting for Emily to pull ahead. I thought she might be able to do.

I guessed Farewell to Arms for Final. That was the only late 1920s novel I could think of that might also be related to a retirement. But I was not at all confident in that answer.

I prefer Ken over Mayim. But at least she is dressing better. Show must have hired a wardrobe consultant. Or arranged for some designer to create some outfits for her.

by Anonymousreply 518May 10, 2022 6:38 AM

So did I, r508, though I knew it comes from a John Donne poem.

by Anonymousreply 519May 10, 2022 6:14 PM

Hemingway? John Donne?

What about Queen Elizabeth's knight? I don't get why she and her knight were even mentioned in the clue. What was the connection?

by Anonymousreply 520May 10, 2022 6:18 PM

The knight was retiring, saying farewell to his weaponry.

by Anonymousreply 521May 10, 2022 6:21 PM

I was high and drunk and figured out it was a Hemingway novel. Chose the wrong one, as I said above. It wasn't that hard if I came that close in my unsober state.

Not one of them - all sober, I presume - not good at all.

by Anonymousreply 522May 10, 2022 10:31 PM

I guessed Fitzgerald's Tender is the (K)night, thinking it might be a play-on words.

by Anonymousreply 523May 10, 2022 11:46 PM

I guessed Lilith Fair and Coachella.

I forgot that Woodstock was revived.

by Anonymousreply 524May 10, 2022 11:57 PM

I had no idea of Final. Did get Buddhism, gleaners, gambit and Ethan Allen. Knew who they meant, but blanked on Rita Mae Brown.

New champ is almost always preferred to steamrolling.

by Anonymousreply 525May 11, 2022 12:01 AM

Did ElderLez get FJ?

by Anonymousreply 526May 11, 2022 12:58 AM

Thought this was a particularly tough set of answers tonight.

by Anonymousreply 527May 11, 2022 12:59 AM

Clearly no lesbians tonight if none could identify Rita Mae Brown!

by Anonymousreply 528May 11, 2022 1:45 AM

Maybe it's a generational thing...

by Anonymousreply 529May 11, 2022 1:47 AM

I liked the gal who won tonight and her pretty blouse, I expect she'll be around for at least a few days.

by Anonymousreply 530May 11, 2022 1:53 AM

Some of Mallory's YA novels are pretty popular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531May 11, 2022 3:14 AM

FJ really stumped me.

by Anonymousreply 532May 11, 2022 3:24 AM

I guessed Woodstock and Lollapalooza. I knew the former, the latter was a tossup with Coachella for me and I picked wrong!

I’d be tickled pink if there was ever a Michfest clue, but that’s probably a bit too niche.

by Anonymousreply 533May 11, 2022 3:25 AM

If I’d thought of rock festivals, the distance figure would have ruled out Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 534May 11, 2022 4:58 AM

I like Mallory. Glad she won. Was rooting for her immediately.

Was stunned no one knew Rita Mae Brown and Rubyfruit Jungle.

For Final, I guessed Coachella and Lolapalooza. Wasn't aware the Woodstock revivals had continued all the way to 1999.

Liked Mayim's outfit again tonight. Whoever show hired for wardrobe is doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 535May 11, 2022 6:50 AM

Apparently Ken won't be back hosting until the end of the season in July.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536May 11, 2022 6:56 AM

That tweet implies he's the host, despite the way they introduce Mayim as such.

It is to be hoped that the pink sweater has been burned by now.

by Anonymousreply 537May 11, 2022 12:14 PM

I thought that too, R537. It’s very rude. Mayim is the host. It’s more like Mayim “temporarily” let Ken host in her place.

by Anonymousreply 538May 11, 2022 1:10 PM

Ken has hosted three times as many shows as Mayim has this season.

by Anonymousreply 539May 11, 2022 4:06 PM

Mayim was supposed to be the host for prime time specials. Mike Richards for the daily game.

by Anonymousreply 540May 11, 2022 4:09 PM

[QUOTE] Ken has hosted three times as many shows as Mayim has this season.

Well, that was nice of him but he is not (and has never been officially named as) the new Jeopardy host.

We understand that you’re some kind of Ken fangirl or whatever but those are the facts.

by Anonymousreply 541May 11, 2022 4:27 PM

They need to get some hot smart men as contestants--it's been a long dry spell.

by Anonymousreply 542May 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Daniel... prom... okay... Was rooting for him, although I liked the wine lady (unlike Jennifer Quails). Had no idea of final, but I refuse to have anything to do with Nazi or Mafia themes (except Aimee & Jaguar). WTF was champ's outfit made of?

I missed many answers tonight, but these they missed seemed obvious to me: Go West Young Man (duh), Franklin, date, Hebrew National, Days of Wine and Roses, cowherd, Walkers.

by Anonymousreply 543May 12, 2022 12:07 AM

Mattea would have gotten FJ.

by Anonymousreply 544May 12, 2022 12:50 AM

Who played Clemenza in The Godfather? That was a really hard FJ.

Yeah, where are all the male contestants, hot or otherwise? There are never 3 men, let alone even 2. Are there far fewer men who apply?

And, r543, pleather.

by Anonymousreply 545May 12, 2022 1:29 AM

Mattea would have gotten a lot that went without a correct response tonight.

by Anonymousreply 546May 12, 2022 1:32 AM

I guess none of the contestants ever saw The Godfather. The clue was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 547May 12, 2022 1:44 AM

If part of the clue had been "leave the gun, take the cannoli" they probably still wouldn't have gotten it. Unbelievable that there are people who have never seen that movie. It's a fucking masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 548May 12, 2022 1:55 AM

I missed FJ and felt dumb.

Richard Castellano played Clemenza.

Daniel is kind of cute, but I don't think he'll be around for long.

by Anonymousreply 549May 12, 2022 3:08 AM

I knew I was looking for a Godfather character, but didn’t pull Clemenza.

by Anonymousreply 550May 12, 2022 5:26 AM

I thought....could Fredo also mean "mercy"?

by Anonymousreply 551May 12, 2022 1:11 PM

I guessed misericordia, I don't remember the Godfather - saw it so long ago and I am not into Italian mob entertainment (I didn't watch to Sopranos).

by Anonymousreply 552May 12, 2022 1:28 PM

I found Daniel's cockiness a bit off-putting.

He's not all that.

by Anonymousreply 553May 12, 2022 2:21 PM

So after complaining yesterday that there are never 2 male contestants....tonight there are!

by Anonymousreply 554May 12, 2022 11:02 PM

What a dud of a game. Weird clues that no one is getting. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 555May 12, 2022 11:41 PM

No one knew AUNTIE MAME??????

by Anonymousreply 556May 12, 2022 11:42 PM

No one knew the names of not-famous obscure Native Americans.

by Anonymousreply 557May 12, 2022 11:44 PM

Well, Pocahontas was an easy one, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 558May 12, 2022 11:53 PM

I, like all three contestants, did not know the last two billboard answers.

by Anonymousreply 559May 13, 2022 12:00 AM

The easy one was Auntie Mame (team R556 here). Camelot not far behind. Also knew about Death Valley and the Tallchiefs. What I didn't know as part of the Geritol Generation were all those awful music clips.

We're all trivia experts here in our own ways - as soon as I saw 1901, I knew it was about Australia.

by Anonymousreply 560May 13, 2022 12:02 AM

Mattea would have known FJ

by Anonymousreply 561May 13, 2022 12:45 AM

R559 Sometimes there will be a category with video clues that seems designed to highlight what the "source" wants, not just to present question. I found the Billboard clues like that. No one would know some of those bands.

R561 We get spoiled by the super champs. Several "no one answers" today.... Mattea, Amy, Matt woulda known.

by Anonymousreply 562May 13, 2022 2:32 AM

Great, now we have a "Mattea would have known FJ" troll. Australia was pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 563May 13, 2022 3:18 AM

I don't get why Australia was easy. How does 1901 suggest Australia? Didn't the clue suggest a country with states? I was totally puzzled.

by Anonymousreply 564May 13, 2022 3:21 AM

Eh, i thought Canada.

🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 565May 13, 2022 3:25 AM

Well, guess what, r564, Australia has states. Not only that, but not very many of them, so only needing four to ratify something made sense. Also, they are a former British colony and the Queen is still the nominal head of state.

by Anonymousreply 566May 13, 2022 3:32 AM

I guessed South Africa, kind of thinking of the Boer War. Not a banner game, for me or for those contestants.

by Anonymousreply 567May 13, 2022 4:07 AM

Matty would have known FJ.

by Anonymousreply 568May 13, 2022 5:58 AM

Amy would have known FJ too.

by Anonymousreply 569May 13, 2022 8:41 AM

Wow, loved the end to today's game.

by Anonymousreply 570May 13, 2022 11:57 PM

Very happy with the results of tonight’s game. I like this, new champ. Very self-effacing. And FJ seemed very obvious.

by Anonymousreply 571May 14, 2022 12:01 AM

Mattea would have known tonight's FJ too.

by Anonymousreply 572May 14, 2022 2:18 AM

Is our new champ gay because he knew Liz Taylor starred in A Place in the Sun?

by Anonymousreply 573May 14, 2022 2:22 AM

He didn't know any opera, so I'm still guessing...

by Anonymousreply 574May 14, 2022 3:40 AM

Amy would’ve got Final right and then she’d have dick-slapped the other contestants to assert her dominance.

by Anonymousreply 575May 14, 2022 5:16 AM

I've stayed away from posting for most of the week due to humiliating myself for not knowing the Godfather response.

I've seen that movie more times than I'd like to admit, and the correct answer was way-too-obvious to anyone familiar with the characters.

I know he wasn't popular here, but I'll miss Daniel.

I don't know if the new champ is gay or not, but he certainly had a sweet moment afterward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576May 14, 2022 3:21 PM

Ryan's Schwarzenegger impression wasn't bad. Maybe he'll do Clint Eastwood on Monday...

by Anonymousreply 577May 14, 2022 5:09 PM

I wonder if Ryan does a Mattea imitation? Now that I'd like to see.

by Anonymousreply 578May 14, 2022 8:09 PM

Mattea's Schwarzenegger impression has a lot more hand flapping.

by Anonymousreply 579May 15, 2022 8:01 AM

Don’t make fun of Mattea’s hand flapping R579. Her mother was never warned of the dangers of taking thalidomide.

🙀

by Anonymousreply 580May 15, 2022 2:35 PM

Thanks for the guffaw, r580!

God I can’t believe how long I’ve been on this site. I thought this thread was only from a year or two ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581May 16, 2022 3:53 AM

^OMG

by Anonymousreply 582May 16, 2022 4:22 AM

This thread is close to maxing out.

Here's a new thread to move to when this one does reach capacity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583May 16, 2022 4:30 PM

Fox renewed "Call Me Kat" for a third season.

That means Mayim will not be available to host Jeopardy full time next season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584May 16, 2022 7:41 PM

Well, she’s not even hosting full-time now so what changes?

by Anonymousreply 585May 16, 2022 7:43 PM

As the show opened, I was sure Nick was going to be a (male) They. Knew final, along with these: South Africa (Robben Island was a political prisoner site), patient, Chile, Camus, and 0 00.

Divya's story ranked as one of the lamest.

by Anonymousreply 586May 17, 2022 12:07 AM

That was one odd-looking panel.

by Anonymousreply 587May 17, 2022 2:20 AM

I should have known FJ, but didn't. I like Ryan's voice.

I'm surprised they renewed that Kat show. I like the mix of Mayim and Ken as hosts, and hope they stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 588May 17, 2022 3:52 AM

Final was quite easy.

Nick must be beating up on herself for not betting more. She could have won.

So Ryan took the SAT in 7th grade, but never took it in high school?

by Anonymousreply 589May 17, 2022 5:24 AM

Why is Ryan working as an Uber/Lyft driver?

by Anonymousreply 590May 17, 2022 8:59 AM

Because his big modeling contract fell through, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 591May 17, 2022 1:02 PM

R591, Fat shamer!

by Anonymousreply 592May 17, 2022 2:16 PM

Mattea is an LSAT tutor.

Knowing a lot of random shit isn’t actually all that useful.

by Anonymousreply 593May 17, 2022 2:50 PM

Some folks have no intention of higher education, especially if they were miserable in school, no matter their intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 594May 17, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote] Why is Ryan working as an Uber/Lyft driver?

I investigated, and I concluded that he is being paid to do so.

by Anonymousreply 595May 17, 2022 6:09 PM

ABC is going to start airing Celebrity Jeopardy on Sunday nights starting in the fall. It will be paired with Celebrity Wheel of Fortune.

No word on whether Ken or Mayim will be the host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596May 17, 2022 7:33 PM

Speculation Mayim will host Celebrity Jeopardy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597May 17, 2022 7:39 PM

I like Ryan. Self-effacing, quiet, seems nice.

by Anonymousreply 598May 17, 2022 7:47 PM

There’s a lot of Ryan to like.

by Anonymousreply 599May 17, 2022 9:02 PM

My guess is he's family, but it would be like fucking Shrek or Thanos.

by Anonymousreply 600May 18, 2022 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!