Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Australian Gossip

Anyone watch AFL? Or understand what is going on with Tom Morris? He got into some kind of argument with the coach of the Western Bulldogs and was defended by his blue tick journalistic comrades.

by Anonymousreply 63February 7, 2024 7:10 AM

Today he has two video leaks.

The first is anti-Asian, anti-black, anti-woman and anti-gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2022 7:12 AM

The second is merely homophobic and misogynistic regarding his colleague Megan Barnard.

Seriously, “liquor licence”? In a voice message? How stupid would you have to be to leave evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2022 7:17 AM

He sounds… nice. Australian media is so incestuous.

A related question: what’s a “flog”? I only hear it on Victorian social media.

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2022 8:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2022 4:48 AM

He was small (compared to Big Ian) but nicely proportioned. There's a lovely picture of him reclining on a shiny floor at R6—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2022 5:00 AM

The article feels the need to explain that HIV is "a serious illness that attacks the immune system". Do millennials seriously know absolutely nothing?

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2022 5:35 AM

[quote] Do millennials seriously know absolutely nothing?

Too many of them know nothing. My taxes have paid for AIDS sex education for 30 YEARS.

But I know an 24 year old idiot-millennial who goes around boasting that he is "HIV Positive Undetectable" as if he needs to be congratulated for it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2022 6:01 AM

It will be interesting to see what comes out. Sad any which way. But he wasn't short at all (and there isnt anything wrong with that either) its just that Ian thorpe is litterally 200cms tall, so anyone looks 'short' next to him.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2022 6:35 AM

Ian is such a giant

(I almost put that verb in the past tense because he's definitely retired from public life)

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2022 6:51 AM

My man Tony Armstrong just won a Logie.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2022 2:55 AM

Brittany Higgins rape trial is delayed due to MORON Lisa Wilkinson’s Logies speech.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote] My man Tony Armstrong just won a Logie.

What for? He's just a ball-kicker, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 5:54 PM

Not to be a snob, but Lisa Wilkinson’s behaviour is what you get when the woman most famous for editing Dolly magazine at age 21 pretends to be a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote] when the woman most famous

No, that woman is most famous for having a dislocated jaw and a very WIDE head.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 7:29 AM

I don't really watch AFL that often, but it's been a fixture of my entire life (being from southern Australia and having a dad who played). I do find a lot of the men attractive with probably the best bodies sport can create. I had a boyfriend a few years back who would sometimes masturbate me on a Saturday afternoon while we watched the players on TV.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 9:19 AM

I’m loving this thread keep it going! It’s a nice break from 70 year old gay men chatting endlessly about New York and Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 9:37 AM

AFL men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 9:45 AM

Leesha Wilkinson really put her horse hoof into her stupid mouth.

For someone who supposedly supports Brittany Higgins, Leesha has done nothing but unnecessarily extended the pain that Brittany is going through.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 9:51 AM

[quote] Leesha Wilkinson

Silly woman doesn't know the difference between rape and ALLEGED rape.

Her brand of gotcher Tabloid TV ratings is based on Emotion rather Facts.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 9:59 AM

R19 Her idiot husband is just as bad. Both so woke, so brave and so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 10:03 AM

^ As evidenced in this article. He also thinks the majority of Australians agree with him but the comments section shows otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 11:56 AM

If Perkins was 20 years younger and a woman I would certainly consider his opinions but he a straight old male.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 2:09 PM

Kieren Perkins was the biggest twat in 1990s swimming. I laughed so hard when he was effortlessly defeated by pill popping Grant Hackett in Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 2:31 PM

It ought to be rare to hate people on polar opposite sides of the same argument - Katherine Deves because she is evil and Peter Fitzsimons because he’s obnoxious - but that’s the Australian political/media landscape for you.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 2:37 PM

I don’t tend to watch morning TV - as an Xennial I am entering my Classic FM years - but Tony Armstrong is the only reason to do so. He’s barrels of fun.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 2:40 PM

[quote]The article feels the need to explain that HIV is "a serious illness that attacks the immune system". Do millennials seriously know absolutely nothing?

Articles in the the 90s, the noughties and teens, did the same thing. It's basic journalism. Twenty-somethings weren't around when AIDS first arrived, so how the fuck are they meant to know what it is, if it's somehow inappropriate to even explain it in an newspaper article???

Seriously, R6, what's your damage?

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 3:13 PM

It isn't inappropriate to explain it, I'd just have hoped it was redundant because HIV/AIDS is basic knowledge. Newspapers don't feel the need to explain what WWII was every time they allude to it, even though most people alive today were born after it happened. However, if this is any indication perhaps they should.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 3:31 PM

Millennials are entering their 40s and have kids in high school if not college.

R6 means Zoomers.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 4:37 PM

The youngest millennials are still in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2022 3:36 AM

Has anyone here actually met Tim Conigrave?

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2022 10:48 AM

R30 We dealt with question fully in the last Australian Gossip thread.

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2022 1:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2022 1:47 AM

Maggie reminds me of Ruby Rose.

by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2022 5:59 AM

^ But will she have her sexual organs cut off?

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2022 6:08 AM

R34 doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2022 7:53 AM

Good move. They're twice as likely to get a job at the Sydney Theatre Company now.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2022 10:18 AM

The Sydney Theatre Company now has a giant billboard in the city displaying this unpleasant drab picture meant to alert to all the Woke demographics.

The audience has to pay big money to be preached at for 3 hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote] so how the fuck are they meant to know what it is,

R26 The state government spends at least $17 million per year to educate ignorant young people about Aids.

The government in all the states have been spending TENS OF MILLIONS every year for 30 years.

Ignorant young people have no excuse for catching Aids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2022 11:09 PM

R20 The real Tim Conigrave (as opposed to the romanticised movie version of Tim Conigrave) was discussed around R192 in this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2022 11:20 PM

Sigrid’a facelift is worse than Rebecca Gibney’s.

by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2022 6:09 AM

Sigrid Thornton is probably one of the most appalling people in the Australian 'entertainment' industry.

Aside from being a complete cunt she has zero talent - the worst of all combinations.

by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2022 6:41 AM

R41 tell us how you really feel

by Anonymousreply 42June 27, 2022 1:09 PM

R41, what is it about her that makes her so appalling?

by Anonymousreply 43June 27, 2022 4:56 PM

R43 Her diva attention, but doesn't have the talent to justify it.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2022 2:56 PM

R44 #relatable

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2022 3:14 AM

[quote] Sigrid Thornton

She's easy to ignore but the Sydney Theatre Company loves her.

I call it the Sydney Women's Theatre Company because they are blatantly biased. Their biggest market is rich women in their forties and fifties who may have gone to university in their younger days but are bored witless in their North Shore homes and drag their husbands to this fashionable harbourside venue so they be photographed in the social pages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2022 3:20 AM

Was watching The Morning Show and did not expect to see Ione Sky doing an interview with Ben Lee of all people. She looks pretty good as a brunette.

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2022 12:49 AM

Aren’t they married?

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2022 9:43 AM

R48 been married since 2008.

by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2022 10:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 3, 2022 10:48 AM

So who are the Melbourne celebrity couple? Anthony Callea and Tim Campbell are the obvious pick. What a laugh if it was Mark and Mitch from The Block.

That aside, this kid come across as such a mess, but at least he's GAY and not making fashion statements about gender identity. Though I fear that might change if he gets backlash from the orgy admissions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2022 1:31 PM

R50 Oh Leesha.

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2022 1:44 PM

I love how Sam Reid bearded up the same year Interview with the Vampire comes out. This top piece of trivia on the show's IMDb page made me laugh:

[quote]Sam Reid plays Lestat de Lioncourt, who's French, but the actor playing him is Australian.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2022 1:57 PM

It's a shame that Jack fucked with his face. But i did laugh when he twerked during his run on Ninja Warrior this year.

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2022 2:39 PM

Apparently Masterchef’s Andy Allen is bi

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2022 11:59 AM

Lawrence Mooney is not straight

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2022 4:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 20, 2023 6:54 AM

I know it's probably common knowledge all over the world, but I didn't know that Australian actress Anna Torv is Rupert Murdoch's niece.

by Anonymousreply 58April 20, 2023 7:04 AM

r58 WHAT THE FUCK?!

by Anonymousreply 59April 20, 2023 7:21 AM

Anything on Dan Ewing?

by Anonymousreply 60April 20, 2023 7:51 AM

It's true, R59. Murdoch's second wife (Lachlan and James's mother) was/is called Anna Torv--actor Anna's father is her brother.

In her defence, she was also extremely promising at NIDA and in her early years acting in Australia. Ironically, similar to Sarah Snook in those respects.

by Anonymousreply 61April 20, 2023 12:23 PM

R59 I haven't heard anything about Dan since the abuse allegations.

by Anonymousreply 62April 20, 2023 12:56 PM

The Serbian supremacist genes in Holly Valance are emerging big time.

by Anonymousreply 63February 7, 2024 7:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!