Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

80s Soap Opera ‘Capitol’

I faintly recall seeing this as a child

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265February 9, 2023 1:08 AM

We can always use a hero like Tyler McCandless.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2022 4:50 PM

Myrna Clegg was such a great name for the matriarch of the powerful political family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2022 5:01 PM

WHET Bradley Lockerman?

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2022 5:16 PM

Loved this show! Got hooked on it in college (also watched AtWT and GL). Sad that the very sexy little Leslie Graves (Brenda Clegg) died of the AIDS .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2022 5:18 PM

Bill Beyers also died of AIDS.

He played the youngest McCandless son, Wally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2022 5:34 PM

Is Sloane still standing before the firing squad?

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2022 5:41 PM

I’ve only ever seen clips of it but I always found it interesting that out of all the soaps Tammy Wynette was on this one. Surely she would’ve fit in better on some of the other ones, instead of the “political” soap.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2022 6:00 PM

The show was hampered from the beginning by never specifying anyone being Republican or Democrat. For a show dealing in politics this was a bad mistake.

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2022 6:06 PM

This show is really what should have been Beverlee McKinsey’s spin-off show rather than Texas. She’d be a conniving bitch intent on getting her son Dennis in the White House with the help of her ex husband Eliot Carrington. Myrna Clegg was a total rip-off of Bev’s Iris character.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2022 6:08 PM

I forgot about this show - but it was short lived for a good reason because it was a snoozefest

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2022 6:10 PM

Myrna and Iris certainly were cut from the same cloth.

Interesting that Marj Dusay who played Myrna #3 went on to replace Beverlee as Alexandra on GL.

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2022 6:11 PM

I'm not a soap opera person, but somehow I got hooked on Capitol while in college and watched it somewhat frequently. I got angry when Jess Walton's heart-of-gold hooker character reunited with her ex Trey, who had been so cruel to her for ages. Refused to watch after that. Of course soap fans know those sorts of flip-flop relationships are par for the course, but I didn't know better.

One of the lesser McCandless brothers (Matt?) had an amazing muscular body that I used to drool over. He didn't get many story lines, but the writers were kind enough to put him in swim trunks frequently.

My absolute favorite character was the loony Paula Denning, who pretended to be agoraphobic but snuck out at night to murder and terrorize her enemies. So much fun.

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2022 6:25 PM

Of Nicholas Walker's six soap roles in the 80s and early 90s, Trey Clegg was certainly his best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote]My absolute favorite character was the loony Paula Denning, who pretended to be agoraphobic but snuck out at night to murder and terrorize her enemies. So much fun.

Yes, the show got a lot more fun when Paula finally came on, after years of hearing about her. Julie Adams chewed some scenery, but she was great in the role.

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2022 6:31 PM

Was gay executive producer, John Conboy, making use of the couch in his office?

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2022 6:35 PM

I was just thinking about this show the other day. It would be celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. Hard to believe. I remember the prime time premiere. The first couple of years were good and they show did well enough in the ratings, but it was canceled to make way for The Bold and the Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2022 6:44 PM

I have a feeling Bill Beyers and Conboy did some humping.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2022 6:48 PM

"Capitol" is the daytime soap that CBS launched with an hour-long, primetime special airing in the timeslot following "Dallas."

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2022 6:55 PM

I think the only reason Capitol was cancelled was because Bell came up with Bold. Which I guess was a good move on CBS' part. It was second time Bell got a popular CBS show cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2022 6:59 PM

I remember Lana Wood was on this show, playing an ex-lover of Sam Clegg.

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2022 7:02 PM

While never a huge fan (or hater) of soaps, I started watching Capitol when it started because I thought it would be great to get in on the ground floor of a soap and not have to know who loved/married/divorced/shot/gave birth to/etc. who way back whenever. I loved it. That said, I'd forgotten it all until I read this thread. Nicholas Walker was a Imaginary TV Boyfriend, I knew of Constance Towers from Broadway, and thanks for the laugh, R6, for reminding me that the show ended with Sloane standing before a firing squad. (I knew the show was coming to an end and foolishly thought the writers would wrap up all the story lines, but, nope, it just ended on a Friday cliffhanger.)

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2022 7:07 PM

[quote]It was second time Bell got a popular CBS show cancelled.

I'd never thought of that, but you are correct. Both Where the Heart Is and Capitol were cancelled to make room for Y&R and B&B respectively.

I guess we could consider Bill Bell a soap killer of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2022 7:33 PM

Was Conboy a pain in the ass to work with? I don’t think he got along with Bill Bell. I hated when he went to Santa Barbara and trashed several of their unique, beautiful sets and replaced them with something generic, like the Capwell Mansion.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2022 7:40 PM

With the drop in ratings, some affiliates yanked it, so of course the network began looking at alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2022 8:14 PM

John Conboy was not good for Santa Barbara or for Guiding Light.

But he created Y&R's signature visual style and continued that onto Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2022 8:16 PM

That was not the way CBS worked back then. No affiliates dropped Capitol. CBS cancelled Search for Tomorrow and slipped Capitol into that slot. Capitol did the same or slightly better than Search in that time slot. Bell created Bold and sold it to CBS with the agreement that Bold would follow Y&R. CBS not having any room on the schedule for another soap, cancelled Capitol to replace it with B&B. Ultimately, a good move, plus it fixed ATWT, which was coming on at 1:30 est. and I would hate it when soaps didn't start at the top of the hour.

Conboy was the original hire them pretty and then let them learn to act on the job. He believed in attractive actors above anything else. David Birney was shirtless every every chance he could be on Love is a Splendored Thing. You could totally see that all over Capitol The actors were all gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2022 8:24 PM

[quote]Ultimately, a good move, plus it fixed ATWT, which was coming on at 1:30 est. and I would hate it when soaps didn't start at the top of the hour.

r26 ATWT debuted at 1:30 p.m. (EST) in 1956 and remained in that time slot until 1987 when the debut of B&B pushed it back to a 2 p.m. (EST) start.

As I recall, there was outcry about ATWT being moved out of the time period it held for 31 years just to accommodate Bill Bell.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote] The show was hampered from the beginning by never specifying anyone being Republican or Democrat.

Ridiculous. I highly doubt back then anyone turned it off because they didn't know which party the characters were in.

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2022 9:25 PM

Lines between Democrat and Republican weren't as clear cut in the early 1980s as they are today. In hindsight they are pretty clear, but at the time the line could be a bit blurry

I don't recall the show ever saying the word Democratic or Republican. Maybe they did. But I do recall several Bi-partisan confrences the characters participated in.

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2022 9:32 PM

Nope, they never said the words Republican or Democrat. They clearly didn’t want any “controversy.” But of course the Cleggs were Republicans and the McCandless’ were Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2022 10:04 PM

Of course the McCandlesses were democrats. Clarissa's father was blacklisted during the Red Scare.

I loved the first couple of years of this show, but once they lost Carolyn Jones I lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2022 10:49 PM

They de-emphasized the politics after the 1.5 years or so. I think it turned off viewers.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2022 10:50 PM

They brought in Henry Slesar, who was good, but the show did the writer-go-round thing, that usually kills a show.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2022 10:57 PM

I remember three things about the show: the Clegg mansion interior was black and white with a long staircase. Sloane Denning wore a twenties style beaded flapper cap when she got married to Trey at the Lincoln memorial. Myrna Clegg after some scrap with Trey saying aloud to herself: "Trey, you simple-minded bastard."

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2022 11:01 PM

Carolyn Jones was only on the show for about a year before she got too sick to continue. She died in Aug. 1983.

Marla Adams was the temp replacement for Myrna for a couple of months, then Marj Dusay took over the role for the rest of the show's run.

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2022 11:02 PM

I was a big soap fan in the 1980s, but I could never get into Capitol. Although the show seemed sophisticated, I thought is was a snooze fest. I had always assumed it was cancelled because of low ratings, but I later found out that the show's ratings were actually decent. Interestingly enough, Henry Slesar -- the longtime head writer of my favorite soap, Edge of Night -- was the head writer of Capitol at some point after he left EON.

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2022 11:08 PM

I had no clue that Carolyn Jones was once married to Aaron Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote] One of the lesser McCandless brothers (Matt?) had an amazing muscular body

Yes, Matt. Played by the gay Christopher Durham who later played two different roles on ATWT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2022 11:12 PM

I liked Connie Towers. Later on "General Hospital." Hubby, John Gavin was hot.

by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2022 11:13 PM

There's an urban myth that Durham and AMC's Jean LeClerc were lovers, when Durham came to NY to join Ryan's Hope and the two met. That can be discredited, as I learned on the Lucci thread that Jean and Kate Collins were an item, as were he and Claire Beckman (real Silver #2).

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2022 11:16 PM

which 80s soap between "capitol", "texas", "santa barbara", "somerset" and so on, showed the most eye candy and men in speedos/bikini's?..

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2022 11:17 PM

Zed Diamond was the one who left me drooling.

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2022 11:17 PM

Santa Barbara had Todd McKee, who was so ridiculously hot and masc. He sent this teen gayling quivering with lust. Of course Texas also had drool-worthy Randy Hamilton. But McKee was something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2022 11:21 PM

Todd McKee is a financial planner in LA now.

Wasn’t this the last soap James Lipton wrote?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2022 11:24 PM

Todd McKee was on Santa Barbara, then Bold & Beautiful.

Don't think he was ever on Capitol unless as a background extra.

Yes, James Lipton was one of revolving door of HWs Capitol had.

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2022 11:28 PM

David Mason Daniels, the original Tyler, was a block of wood, which oddly enough worked for the character. But he was painfully handsome. Dane Witherspoon, his replacement, RIP, was also beautiful, but he didn't work for me in the role. The first Thomas McCandless, the one with the disability was really good looking. Then for some reason they went and hired that ugly blond guy to replace him.

by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2022 11:30 PM

[quote] Nope, they never said the words Republican or Democrat. They clearly didn’t want any “controversy.” But of course the Cleggs were Republicans and the McCandless’ were Democrats.

I hate it when they set a film or show in the world of politics and yet they try to be coy about party affiliation. It just reminds you that you are watching fiction. It was why I loved The West Wing so much, just using the actual parties made it seem so much more real.

by Anonymousreply 47March 15, 2022 11:33 PM

It was pretty clear that the McCandlesses and Dennings were dems and the Cleggs were repubs.

by Anonymousreply 48March 15, 2022 11:37 PM

R48 That's they way it usually is in those situations, but not actually using the words just cheapens the story for me.

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2022 11:38 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2022 1:29 AM

Jean le clerc was gay r40🧑‍🦯

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2022 3:56 AM

R51 He was also French(Canadian), so who knows?

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2022 4:00 AM

[quote] As I recall, there was outcry about ATWT being moved out of the time period it held for 31 years just to accommodate Bill Bell.

I'm sure we have a ratings troll, I mean loving aficionado, here somewhere. Was it that ATWT reached top 3 before the move and was never able to reach it again?

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2022 5:01 PM

I would catch Capitol sometimes before GL started. I don't remember much at all about the storylines but I do remember several fine pieces of ass.

Mostly, I remember that the pendulous one, Grant Aleksander, was on the show as DJ and spent what felt like an entire summer in a Speedo in a jacuzzi. John Conboy had excellent taste, I'll give him that.

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2022 5:03 PM

How can you people watch these stupid shows? I'm embarrassed for you. They've always been an industry joke. Worst actors, worst writers.

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2022 5:03 PM

Well, the industry isn't exactly an arbiter of good taste, is it?

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2022 5:07 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 57March 16, 2022 5:08 PM

ATWT was slowly climbing up in the ratings before the switch in schedules. In the 1986-87 season it tied AMC and DAYS for 4th place. Then it dropped to 6th and stayed there for a few years until OLTL and GH faltered at the beginning of the 90s and ATWT climbed up to 3rd place at one point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 16, 2022 7:04 PM

R58 I'd say in the long run moving to 2:00 helped not hurt ATWT's ratings for its remaining years. If they had stayed at 1:30 they had to compete with AMC, DAYS, OLTL, and AW. By moving to the 2-3:00 timeslot they only had to worry about OLTL and AW/and then Passions. The problem with it, to me, was that CBS daytime felt like two separate schedules that didn't mesh into one identity. The first half was glamorous Bill Bell Hollywood soaps followed by P&G's New York soaps. NBC's always felt completely clobbered together. But, ABC soaps had a consistent identity and universe, across the board, from like 1980 on.

by Anonymousreply 59March 16, 2022 9:27 PM

Where in DC did these characters supposedly live? Capitol Hill? Dupont? McLean, VA? Old Town Alexandria? Georgetown? Well???????

by Anonymousreply 60March 16, 2022 9:41 PM

I enjoyed that show. Had a great cast!

by Anonymousreply 61March 16, 2022 9:49 PM

I think I recall the Clegg mansion in Virginia. I gotta say, Sam Clegg was a great name for a character. Myrna... well, it's a name.

by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2022 9:52 PM

It was set in Jeffersonia, a suburb of DC.

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2022 9:55 PM

Thanks for sharing that, R55. I have not seen a soap in decades but admit I did watch them in the 80s when I was in high school and later in college. Actually I am lying - I have watched Days of our Lives recently on days when I might be working from home. It is no worse than any other dreck on television right now.

by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2022 9:57 PM

During the last year, it went off rails with the Middle Eastern saga. And how was that made-up country's name even spelled?.. lol! .. SOD always went with "Baraqc." You can find others spelling it "Baraqu."

The writers must have put Bahrain, Iraq, and Qatar in a word scrambler.

by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2022 10:03 PM

Bill Beyers was good friends with composer Stephen Schwartz. When he died, Schwartz wrote song about him called "Life Goes On."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2022 10:06 PM

I thought Trey Clegg was the best-looking man on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2022 10:08 PM

When Larkin Malloy's Travis Montgomery first appeared on AMC he was running for Senate. I don't think they mentioned his party, but I assumed it was Democratic, since Brooke campaigned for him and Adam wanted him to lose. Although, in realty a wealthy businessman from South Carolina would more likely be Republican. Also, why was a businessman from Charleston running for a Pennsylvania Senate seat? Did his campaign manager with an attitude, ex-wife Barbara, really think Pine Valley was the best place to run their campaign? This was before it had that fake sky line that showed up in the '90s and was still more of a quirky small town (that I guess did have big corporations Courtland Electronics and Chandler Enterprises).

by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2022 10:26 PM

Well, r68. Dr. Oz is a Republican running for US Senate from Pennsylvania and he lives in New Jersey.

So, I guess Travis Montgomery was foreshadowing that run by 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 69March 16, 2022 10:33 PM

R68 There were/are still rich white Democrats in SC. In fact that basic description reminds me of Charles Pug Ravenel who ran against Strom Thurmond in 1978, it was a rare re-election where Thurmond had to actually campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 16, 2022 11:04 PM

I think Travis was supposed to be Democrat. The AMC nerd in me remembers mention of a party affiliation when Jesse's gf Yvonne tried to pass off her baby as Travis's when he was running for election.

by Anonymousreply 71March 16, 2022 11:17 PM

The election stories I could never figure out party, was Vicki and Dorian's various runs for office on OLTL, especially when both ran for mayor against one another.

by Anonymousreply 72March 16, 2022 11:24 PM

80s Soap Opera ...

How about 80s nylon split shorts and slouch socks for men? .. lol!

"Jordy" had nice legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 16, 2022 11:26 PM

Tammy Wynette did the majority of her acting career on Capitol and Barbara Mandrell did the same with Sunset Beach, while Reba and Dolly do movies. What do Dolly and Reba have that Tammy and Barbara didn't.

by Anonymousreply 74March 16, 2022 11:32 PM

Grant Aleksander pre-GL & Capitol. (Starts a minute in.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 16, 2022 11:38 PM

The hottest Grant Aleksander scene was when he was on AMC. He was fucking what's her name's mom, while the girl was waiting in the car. It was just so hot.

by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2022 11:41 PM

I watched this from the beginning. It premiered in prime time, I think after Dallas or some other big show.

Then I started watching during its normal time in the afternoon.

It was a fucking bore

by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2022 11:45 PM

R76... that sounds hot... wonder if this scene is on youtube? ALWAYS loved loved the storylines of some handsome hunk being bedded by some female character old enough to be his mother! whether willingly or blackmailed or drugged or paid as a escort, or only in soap opera land truly in love with old broad (lol!), love it! kinky and wicked hot to me!..

strange how sex sex sex and hunks hunks hunks in speedos and biknii's were the norm in soaps back in the day and now hardly any lovemaking scenes, and gosh knows not speedos and bikini's or true built men on soaps either (except paul telfer as xander on days).....

by Anonymousreply 78March 16, 2022 11:48 PM

Only the fat soap Twitter and SON queens want to see this awful show resurrected.

by Anonymousreply 79March 16, 2022 11:48 PM

Just going by the names that appeared on Capitol if it was boring that was a travesty.

by Anonymousreply 80March 16, 2022 11:49 PM

[quote] Only the fat soap Twitter and SON queens want to see this awful show resurrected.

Go to Twitter and SON and let them know because we don't care.

by Anonymousreply 81March 16, 2022 11:49 PM

Yes, Capitol had a one hour primetime debut on Friday, March 26, 1982 at 10 p.m., after Dallas.

Then it debuted in daytime the following Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 17, 2022 12:03 AM

They’ve all got gonorrhoea in R75’s after school special! 🍆

by Anonymousreply 83March 17, 2022 12:06 AM

Some early scenes from Capitol with Carolyn Jones as Myrna and Constance Towers as Clarissa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 17, 2022 12:12 AM

I remember towards the end Sloane was fucking some prince. He was an even more wooden actor than Ronn Moss but he was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 85March 17, 2022 12:14 AM

Bold and the Beautiful is a far superior show and the Bells are laughing all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 86March 17, 2022 12:16 AM

Dolly had the gay agent of all gay agents, Sandy Gallin. They also had their own production company to create projects for her.

Tammy's $$$ was tied up in her pain pill addiction, and Mandrell lost her voice and just wasn't as motivated after that and her bad car crash. The surprise is Reba, though she put out some very dramatic music videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 17, 2022 12:29 AM

[quote]Bold and the Beautiful is a far superior show and the Bells are laughing all the way to the bank.

Tale me abowed did!

by Anonymousreply 88March 17, 2022 12:37 AM

Bold and the Beautiful was terrible for the first 2-3 years. I think comments were made at the time that Capitol was a better soap than B&B. It didn’t really take off until Brooke married Eric.

by Anonymousreply 89March 17, 2022 12:42 AM

B&B is the most shiteous, awful soap in history

by Anonymousreply 90March 17, 2022 12:42 AM

Conboy hired that awful hack Ellen Weston to write on Capitol. Together they would drive the final nail into THE Guiding Light’s coffin.

by Anonymousreply 91March 17, 2022 12:56 AM

At least B & B back in the day, had a beautiful male eye candy cast and put those men in bikini's regularly... props for that!

by Anonymousreply 92March 17, 2022 1:01 AM

It took B&B about 4-5 years to really gel. Brooke marrying Eric combined with Shelia moving to LA really were the two things that helped put it on the map.

by Anonymousreply 93March 17, 2022 1:33 AM

Todd Curtis played Jordy. He was a cutie. Never saw him in anything else after the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 94March 17, 2022 1:41 AM

Wasn't he is a severe car accident that significantly changed his looks before the end of the run?

by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2022 1:51 AM

He was on YR after, wasn't he? They paired him with the gimpy girl.

by Anonymousreply 96March 17, 2022 1:53 AM

R96 He was Skip Evans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 17, 2022 1:56 AM

I never got over CBS deleting "The" from "The Capitol." NEVER! I blame Conboy too for giving into CBS's demand for that change. It still hurts to this day.

by Anonymousreply 98March 17, 2022 1:57 AM

by Anonymousreply 99March 17, 2022 1:58 AM

I enjoyed early B&B, which mainly concentrated on the Ridge, Caroline, Brooke, Thorne quad as well as the disintegrating Stephanie-Eric marriage. But the show did seem to lack something in it's first couple of years, because the rest of the Logan family was kinda flat. I think things greatly improved two years in (1989) when the amazing Darlene Conley was added as "Sally Spectra" with her running the anti-Forrester "Spectra Fashions."

by Anonymousreply 100March 17, 2022 1:59 AM

Please, R98, I still haven't recovered from when they renamed Portia Faces Life, The Inner Flame.

R100 I agree about Sally Spectra, I didn't watch B&B regularly but if I was channel surfing and she was on I stopped for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 101March 17, 2022 2:02 AM

Just how old IS Constance Towers. She looked 70 when she was doing Capitol 40 years ago. She looked more like Rory Calhoun's wife than his sister. She has "Sleestak Syndrome": appearing 70 from 25 and on.

by Anonymousreply 102March 17, 2022 2:18 AM

I agree r98. I love fat soap names and characters! THE Capitol, THE Guiding Light, TYATR, and TBATB!

by Anonymousreply 103March 17, 2022 2:22 AM

I started watching B&B (now that they're putting all the episodes up) and I have to admit it's a lot better than I remember. Susan Flannery, in Stephanie Forrester, found the role she was born to play, and Darlene Conley, with Sally Spectra, excelled at portraying the kind of "tough dame" that any classic movie lover recognizes and loves. But Joanna Johnson was also wonderful as Caroline (especially the rape storyline), and Katharine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan)... well, she just had "it". So beautiful and vibrant that she almost glowed, and you never want to stop looking at her.

Obviously, there wasn't as much talent on the boys' side, but I had forgotten how amazingly handsome Daniel McVicar was, and how deliciously naughty the character of Clark Garrison was. Lots of fun.

by Anonymousreply 104March 17, 2022 2:42 AM

R26 The source about some affiliates dropping "Capitol" is referenced in the book, "TV Finales FAQ", by Stephen Tropiano and Holly Van Buren. It has a section on several cancelled soaps addressing their ultimate demise. Here's a screencap of that page. So you can believe the authors' research or not, but that's where I read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 17, 2022 6:59 AM

Bill Beyers was a gay who had the aids.

by Anonymousreply 106March 17, 2022 12:33 PM

Peter Lochran was the prince (Ali).

Definitely handsome, in a Danny Markel kind of way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 17, 2022 1:17 PM

Made up kingdoms are so lame and one of the first swirls around the drain.

by Anonymousreply 108March 17, 2022 1:21 PM

"THE Capitol" was a fat show. Fat Sam Clegg, fat Brenda Clegg, fat Mark Denning, fat Baxter McCandless, fat Danny Dayton.

by Anonymousreply 109March 17, 2022 1:21 PM

And the audience watched from their Pelotons of the 80s?

by Anonymousreply 110March 17, 2022 1:23 PM

That Richard Egan was indeed fat on The Capitol!

by Anonymousreply 111March 17, 2022 1:59 PM

Capitol was our first exposure to Cat Hickland's boring queef face.

by Anonymousreply 112March 17, 2022 2:10 PM

R102.. constance towers in real life is now 88.. she was 68, 20 years ago when they had that wicked hot storyline on "general hospital" where she tries to blackmail young gorgeous Jax (ingo rademacher) for 1 night of "perfection" in her bed.. of course they never did the deed as he tricked her, but alot of heavy making out between the two and alot of sexual innuendos as well... and at the time? constance was 68 and ingo was 29! 38 year difference! kinky hot seeing these 2 making out big time with such a huge age difference and ingo at the time looking stunning handsome making out heavy with this woman old enough to be his grandmother, who at 68 while still attractive, she looked older than her age I think....

R104.. the character clark garrison was a handsome comical wicked fop. I loved the episodes when he finds out how morgan tricked ridge into her bed and impregnating her, the wicked glee his character went on and on about how mr. family man perfect ridge was seduced and tricked into sleeping and getting pregnant his former flame, Morgan, while married to Taylor.. It was actually kinky erotic, the way that his character loved that kinky sex trick and like how Ridge was cuckold by morgan and his plans!... it was homoerotic actually..

by Anonymousreply 113March 17, 2022 2:34 PM

Rory Calhoun was a gay.

by Anonymousreply 114March 17, 2022 3:27 PM

Rory was straight. Didn't the studio throw him to the wolves over some hetero infidelity in exchange for keeping Rock's homosexuality a secret?

by Anonymousreply 115March 17, 2022 3:28 PM

R115.. yes, I think the studios gave those mags like "CONFIDENTIAL" info on Rory being a druggie, i.e. a pot smoker. Funny though in that it didn't hurt Robert Mitchum's career...

by Anonymousreply 116March 17, 2022 4:00 PM

[quote]Capitol was our first exposure to Cat Hickland's boring queef face.

Actually, Catherine Hickland's first soap role was on the Anotehr World spinoff show, Texas, in 1980. She played Courtney Marshall, a young doctor who ended up in a love affair with older doctor, Kevin Cook, played by soap vet Lee Patterson (best known for playing Joe Riley on OLTL). She was also briefly paired with Kin Shriner's character of Jeb Hampton.

by Anonymousreply 117March 17, 2022 4:23 PM

Cat was paired with the gays quite often.

by Anonymousreply 118March 17, 2022 4:26 PM

Was her husband MEK of the gay persuasion?

by Anonymousreply 119March 17, 2022 4:36 PM

Speaking of Rory Calhoun, after the cancellation, there was no love lost where he was concerned. He basically slammed the show pointing to plotting and casting and told SOD that "the writing had been on the wall for over a year and a half." It was like he was glad it had been cancelled, implying he had better things to do with his time.

by Anonymousreply 120March 17, 2022 5:46 PM

If anyone likes westerns you should check out Rory’s show The Texan, it ran for two seasons and he is smoking hot in it.

by Anonymousreply 121March 17, 2022 10:28 PM

How ironic that after being discovered by Henry Willson, Rory went to work for his latterday counterpart....John Conboy. LOL

by Anonymousreply 122March 17, 2022 11:13 PM

I would like to have seen what Conboy would've done with ATWT. He probably would've fired all the ugly theater actors.

by Anonymousreply 123March 18, 2022 12:13 AM

I just barely remember Capitol. Definitely remember Marj as the matriarch.

by Anonymousreply 124March 18, 2022 12:37 AM

Marj was third. Marla Adams was second. Marla Adams was sort B team even in daytime. She didn't seem to work steadily.

by Anonymousreply 125March 18, 2022 12:43 AM

Vee, who is in the biz, canceled Capitol. Vee is over at SON telling everyone how he didn’t take Queen Giddens’s career path in the biz. We know you scrub toilets in the biz, Vee. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 126March 18, 2022 1:55 AM

by Anonymousreply 127March 18, 2022 4:08 AM

Whaddabout '80s soap Rituals????

by Anonymousreply 128March 18, 2022 4:24 AM

Kin was so hot back in the day. Heard from several guys he's nicely packing but is all about getting his ass eaten.

by Anonymousreply 129March 18, 2022 4:27 AM

Hey- Vee, who’s in the biz, doesn’t want to write his own soap. He has terlets to clean. He’s such an idiot. Everyone knows that he is a low level everyday employee. He’s a nobody in ‘the biz’. Delusional moron.

by Anonymousreply 130March 18, 2022 3:33 PM

Is Vee Veronica "Ronnie" Angelo from THE Capitol? That makes total sense.

by Anonymousreply 131March 18, 2022 3:38 PM

Billy Warlock was Kin’s “roommate” for a while. I bet he was an expert at eating out Kin’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 132March 18, 2022 3:53 PM

^Nice fantasy, hon, but Billy Warlock is married to a woman, and, thus, straight. He and Kin may have been roommates, but that was the extent of their relationship! Got it?!?!

by Anonymousreply 133March 18, 2022 3:56 PM

There's been that long standing rumor that Marcy "In the Name of JESUS!" Walker broke up w/Billy after finding her husband in bed with a man.....wonder if it was Kin, balls deep inside of that little round butt?

by Anonymousreply 134March 18, 2022 3:56 PM

r38 Christopher Durham was in the first Playgirl I ever "borrowed" from a store. Had a nice ass on him

by Anonymousreply 135March 18, 2022 5:11 PM

r135=Jean LeClerc

by Anonymousreply 136March 18, 2022 5:17 PM

by Anonymousreply 137March 18, 2022 5:39 PM

Carolyn Jones was her ex-husband Aaron Spelling's first choice for Alexis. But Candy talked him out of it.

by Anonymousreply 138March 18, 2022 6:50 PM

With "John Conboy Productions" dissolved by the company's Chief Financial Officer in 2020, who owns this property? .. the foundation that bears Conboy's name? .. or?

In any event, I could see this old soap being a candidate for rebroadcast or streaming on some retro channel. .. Five years of half-hour episodes could be packaged to fill a one-hour time slot (M-F), and it would only take 2 1/2 years to show the whole thing. That seems much more 'doable' than some soap that aired for decades. .. It's basically the same length as Dark Shadows.

by Anonymousreply 139March 18, 2022 8:21 PM

I was thinking the same thing r139. Would be really interesting to rewatch Capitol. And the all the episodes are available (unlike most pre-1980s shows).

The problem is the various right and residuals. The music rights especially. Capitol used a lot of popular music, which is much more expensive to license than it was in the 1980s. Each song that was used would have to be negotiated or the editor would have substituted something else.

There's also the matter of residuals for actors, writers, directors, crew, etc. Obviously that can all be worked out as other soaps have been rebroadcast decades later, but that would have to be negotiated.

But my point is that its not as simple as just finding a streaming service to stream the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 140March 18, 2022 8:38 PM

What happened to the reruns of The Doctors?

by Anonymousreply 141March 18, 2022 8:58 PM

The show stopped at mid 1979 on Retro, I think. Apparently Covid caused an issue with digitizing the old tapes. Supposedly, Retro TV is working on this and will pick up the show where it left off. Meanwhile the channel started rerunning the show from the 1967. And they also have their streaming The Doctors channel.

One of the interesting things about The Doctors repeats is that you can trace where the show began to falter and understand why it was eventually cancelled. The show never really recovered from the Pollocks and Joe Stuart leaving. I'm just glad that I got see Rita Lakin's work. Truly one of the best writers, daytime has ever had.

by Anonymousreply 142March 18, 2022 9:30 PM

R142 Right. Sometime during the COVID lockdown, Retro put an announcement on their FB page basically saying they had to halt digitization operations, because the warehouse where the tapes are at was closed down.

Now word is that they're not going to broadcast beyond what they've already done until they've finished the entire process; but there's no set date yet on when that job will be completed.

Here's a screencap of their answer to someone who recently asked:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 18, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote] There's also the matter of residuals for actors, writers, directors, crew, etc.

How is Bell-Phillip Television Productions handling this now that they're streaming B&B from the beginning on their dedicated youtube channel? They've been putting up five episodes a week and are up to Season 3 now.

by Anonymousreply 144March 18, 2022 10:02 PM

Not sure what kind of arrangement the Bell-Phillip worked out for its B&B repeats. But as I said in my earlier post, some kind of arrangement obviously can be worked out since others are doing it.

In B&B's case, since the show is still on the air producing new episodes, they may be able to pay for part of the rights and residuals costs out of the promotion budget for the show. That's purely speculation; I have no insider info on that. But it would also make sense they can promote the new episodes by showing the old ones.

Do commercials are during the B&B repeats? If so, that's paying for some of the costs.

by Anonymousreply 145March 18, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]Do commercials are during the B&B repeats

I'll Oh Dear myself here.

Do commercial AIR during the B&B repeats?

by Anonymousreply 146March 18, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote]you can trace where the show began to falter and understand why it was eventually cancelled. The show never really recovered from the Pollocks and Joe Stuart leaving.

The Pollocks and Joe Stuart both left about the same time in mid 1975. That double whammy can really be the death blow for a show, If they'd kept the same EP while new HWs came in or vice versa, the change would not have been so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 147March 18, 2022 10:18 PM

[quote]Myrna Clegg was such a great name for the matriarch of the powerful political family.

Feh.

by Anonymousreply 148March 18, 2022 10:27 PM

Who is the handsome actor in OP’s pic?

by Anonymousreply 149March 18, 2022 10:38 PM

I watched Capitol if I was home , but it was never must see. I was always an AMC fanatic, but I also was hooked on ATWT and AW in high school and in college. When I graduated in 1991, I gave up them all, for the most part, other than AMC. On Capitol, I really only remember Myrna being a hoot, the hot guys, and the ending with Sloane and the firing squad. I watched B&B for a little while but Bell soaps have never grabbed me.

I had no memory of David Mason Daniels…but now I do! Wowza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 18, 2022 10:40 PM

R146 No, there are no commercials, making each episode a quick 21+ minutes.

by Anonymousreply 151March 18, 2022 10:54 PM

Dane Witherspoon was the second actor to play Tyler McCandless. From 1985 to 86.

Dane got his start on soaps playing Joe Perkins on Santa Barbara in 1984. After that show fired him and replaced him with Mark Arnold, Dane moved over to Capital to play Tyler.

I forget the reason David Mason Daniels left the role of Tyler. Was he fired? Or did he now renew his contract when it was up?

Anyway, for whatever reason, Dane took over the part when David Mason Daniels left.

Dane, incidentally, was also the first husband of actress Robin Wright. The two met on Santa Barbara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 18, 2022 11:46 PM

I don’t think it was ever disclosed how Dane died. He was only 56.

by Anonymousreply 153March 18, 2022 11:49 PM

Dane died from AIDS complications.

by Anonymousreply 154March 18, 2022 11:54 PM

Dane died when he heard about Vee, who's in the biz, once too often.

by Anonymousreply 155March 19, 2022 12:08 AM

[quote]Carolyn Jones was her ex-husband Aaron Spelling's first choice for Alexis. But Candy talked him out of it.

Are you sure it wasn't Gary?

by Anonymousreply 156March 19, 2022 1:34 AM

Jeez! Did all the male actors on Capitol die of AIDS?!

by Anonymousreply 157March 19, 2022 2:00 AM

You’ve never heard of congressional aids/aides, r157?

by Anonymousreply 158March 19, 2022 2:10 AM

Dane did NOT die from AIDS..

by Anonymousreply 159March 19, 2022 2:33 AM

Are any of the male leads still alive?

by Anonymousreply 160March 19, 2022 7:54 AM

R160 Nicholas Walker and Todd Curtis are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 161March 19, 2022 8:41 AM

Nicholas Walker still makes me moist - down there.

by Anonymousreply 162March 19, 2022 8:53 AM

Dane died from some liver- or kidney-related disease, I think. He was gorgeous. A Martinez said that when he first saw Dane, he told him, something to the effect that he was the most beautiful man he had ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 163March 19, 2022 12:24 PM

I hope the bold and the beautiful youtube channel will have the episodes of dylan neal as a male stripper as well as lauren's attempted seduction of him episode (fuck me, and i'll pay for your design school! laugh)...

as well as that pervy episodes of morgan tricking ridge into fucking her and getting her pregnant (which he does) because morgan as taylor told ridge that she WANTED him to do this for her, morgan, thru a fake email, fake voicemail and so on! laugh! i love wicked stuff like this!...

young ridge (ron moss) and 1st thorne were both so damn pretty it was comical.... Also, loved how bold and the beautiful had them and others always in speedos/bikini's too. more than other soap operas on at that time when speedo/bikini wearing was in style...

by Anonymousreply 164March 19, 2022 2:00 PM

Original Thorne wanted original Ridge to fuck him so hard, deep and raw. You could tell on screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 19, 2022 2:06 PM

Did Richard Egan ever say what it was like working with Connie Ford in "A Summer Place"? Was she as cunty as her character?

by Anonymousreply 166March 19, 2022 2:54 PM

by Anonymousreply 167March 19, 2022 2:57 PM

You all wish you were as fabulous as me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 19, 2022 3:21 PM

I'm surprised that Santa Barbara repeats haven't shown up over here. They're all over Europe and Africa. I was in Paris right before Covid and watched a couple of the episodes with my girl Flame. Loved that storyline.

by Anonymousreply 169March 19, 2022 3:34 PM

R169 There's a Santa Barbara channel on youtube, which appears to be putting up episodes in order. As of this past week, they're up to episode 470.

I don't know who's doing it, and while not required to join, they link to a Patreon account for continued support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 19, 2022 9:29 PM

Don't remember watching Santa Barbara very much, did they have alot of male eye candy and speedos/bikini's all over the place?

by Anonymousreply 171March 19, 2022 10:44 PM

R171 You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 20, 2022 1:41 AM

I want to spend my next vacation inside Todd McKee's 1985 pits.

by Anonymousreply 173March 20, 2022 1:45 AM

@R15 -

John Conboy is not a fag!

by Anonymousreply 174March 20, 2022 1:52 AM

Todd McKee was sex on a stick. Looks like he was a catcher...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 20, 2022 1:55 AM

Not bad for 60

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 20, 2022 3:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 20, 2022 4:59 AM

Todd’s cute brother, Jon, is a photographer who shot a lot of the photos in the soap rags back in the day. Here are some he did of future DL villain Jensen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 20, 2022 1:12 PM

Ha, when you said Jensen - without looking at photos I thought you meant "I Need A Helicopter To Get To Work" Jensen Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 179March 20, 2022 2:13 PM

John Conboy was not gay!

by Anonymousreply 180March 20, 2022 2:15 PM

by Anonymousreply 181March 20, 2022 2:22 PM

The whole "John Conboy isn't gay" joke is as lame and unfunny as the other jokes that poster has beaten to death.

by Anonymousreply 182March 20, 2022 2:25 PM

@R182 - Has no idea who the poster is or their posting history. Unless he's one of those psychos who blocks people and then stalks them as his sole source of human interaction. He's really just bitchy because no one's touched his penis in 25 years, and he hasn't even seen it below his enormous belly for the last 10. Thoughts and prayers, dear.

by Anonymousreply 183March 20, 2022 2:37 PM

Whatever you say about Conboy, no other daytime soap mined Old Hollywood the way Capitol did.

Conboy gave Hollywood greats the opportunity to shine in a medium that was driving the zeitgeist. Constance Towers, Carolyn Jones, Richard Egan, Rory Calhoun and Ed Nelson brought glamour, gravitas and skill to even the most mundane scripts. And then the delicious Julie Adams came on to chew the scenery as cuckoo Paula.

by Anonymousreply 184March 20, 2022 3:01 PM

R184, Lana Wood too.

by Anonymousreply 185March 20, 2022 3:45 PM

Now that Conboy is dead, Brain Kerwin needs to elaborate on exactly what the BIG BEEF was between him and Conboy, and why Kerwin couldn't stand him during the time he was playing Greg Foster #2 on Y&R.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 20, 2022 8:51 PM

I don’t like that at Tall!

by Anonymousreply 187March 21, 2022 12:11 AM

speaking of big beef

by Anonymousreply 188March 21, 2022 12:34 AM

Someone should ask Lezlie Charleson all about Conboy. They were close after LIAMST was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 189March 21, 2022 1:02 AM

Conboy used to reside at the Westside Towers in Boystown 90069. Must've made pick-ups on the Boulevard easy.

by Anonymousreply 190March 21, 2022 1:44 AM

^^^ Excuse me. I meant the "Westview Towers"

by Anonymousreply 191March 21, 2022 1:47 AM

Did Conboy fool around with Marty West?

by Anonymousreply 192March 21, 2022 1:53 AM

Marty West is so, uh.... strange looking now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 21, 2022 2:05 AM

Conboy lived his final years in Palm Springs (or more accurately Palm Desert).

Just saw his online obit today and Ellen Weston, his HW at GL, posted a remembrance there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 21, 2022 3:48 AM

I always thought John Conboy looked like Suzanne Somers’ husbandger Alan Hamill, not like James Carville.

by Anonymousreply 195March 21, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote]Don't remember watching Santa Barbara very much, did they have a lot of male eye candy and speedos/bikini's all over the place?

Yes, it had plenty of that. Santa Barbara was the most quintessentially Californian of all the soaps, next to Bold and the Beautiful and Sunset Beach. Being set in a seaside town there was always an excuse for men to walk onto set in speedos, or just a towel hanging on.

I'd say the acting was fairly middle-of-the-road, above B&B.

One thing that let SB down was the lack of consistency, which may have boiled down to budget. It wasn't a cheap show to produce, production values would swing between fairly lavish and sometimes impressive to quite paltry within a single year, or even in between episodes.

by Anonymousreply 196March 21, 2022 4:18 AM

That Wally McCandless got me going. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 197March 21, 2022 4:20 AM

Thanks R196 for the info... strange how i never watched that soap santa barbara while i watched all the other ones? where was I? laugh..

off topic everyone, but what is Eileen Fulton doing these days? for work?... for money? Or Kim Zimmer? or the other great dames/divas of the soaps? anyone?...

by Anonymousreply 198March 21, 2022 1:58 PM

Fulton's retired (in her late 80s) and and Zimmer's clearly all but retired.

by Anonymousreply 199March 21, 2022 2:13 PM

R199.. thanks for the info on fulton and zimmer... retired willingly or uwwillingly though? Hope they both have enough money for their retirements..

by Anonymousreply 200March 21, 2022 2:22 PM

Eileen left NYC and is now in NC. She was probably a willing retirement.

Zimmer seems like the type who wants to die on stage, so who knows. But she and her husband probably have savings/401K etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 21, 2022 2:29 PM

[quote]thanks for the info on fulton and zimmer... retired willingly or uwwillingly though? Hope they both have enough money for their retirements..

Well, Eileen Fulton seems to have retired to the mountains of North Carolina, where she is from origianlly.

La Zimmer still lives in New Jersey but apparently will act in whatever you offer her. She loves being on stage. Her weight seems to fluctuate a lot but that's been happening for the past 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 22, 2022 10:39 PM

Eileen was sitting on a toilet during her interview!! She was NOTORIOUS at JC Studios. Nobody could go near her dressing room. The smell was vile! Vinegary Helen Wagner passed out in front of the door!

by Anonymousreply 203March 23, 2022 1:08 AM

by Anonymousreply 204March 23, 2022 1:29 AM

Zimmer should do Night, Mother with Beth Ehlers.

by Anonymousreply 205March 23, 2022 1:33 AM

Does Beth know about Zim’s #1 beauty secret?

by Anonymousreply 206March 23, 2022 1:40 AM

Piss on her face.

by Anonymousreply 207March 23, 2022 1:42 AM

Or Baby Jane with Michelle Forbes.

by Anonymousreply 208March 23, 2022 1:45 AM

Does Eileen share the honor of DUI recipient?

by Anonymousreply 209March 23, 2022 9:59 AM

Oh Colleen, that little hussy!

by Anonymousreply 210March 23, 2022 12:02 PM

FAT Ed Nelson, FAT Richard Egan. They would've been more at home on THE Guiding Light. Of course the idiots in charge decided to drop "THE". I have never forgiven them for that. I will go to my grave with my bubbling resentment over that inane change!

by Anonymousreply 211March 23, 2022 1:01 PM

by Anonymousreply 212March 23, 2022 2:22 PM

Today is the 35th anniversary of the debut of Bold and Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 213March 23, 2022 4:08 PM

Could someone make a thread about all the gay guys that have been and are on soap operas?

by Anonymousreply 214March 23, 2022 4:29 PM

r214, that would cause the DL server to crash.

by Anonymousreply 215March 23, 2022 4:50 PM

Kim Zimmer is coming to Days of Our Lives as Marlena’s mom

You heard it here first

by Anonymousreply 216March 23, 2022 5:21 PM

R214 we have done that so, so, so, so, SO many times

Like here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 23, 2022 6:28 PM

and here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 23, 2022 6:29 PM

and here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 23, 2022 6:29 PM

and here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 23, 2022 6:29 PM

One more thread, a smaller one of daytime actors who have shown dong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 23, 2022 6:30 PM

That picture at R194 is like the eternal flame for gayface.

by Anonymousreply 222March 23, 2022 6:46 PM

I know I watched this show dozens of times but it had a very unmemorable theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 23, 2022 6:49 PM

.....unlike this one, which sounded awesome. When our kitty would hear the beginning space-laser sound, it would hightail it into the living room, every time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 23, 2022 6:54 PM

Agreed. Capitol's opening was lame compared to all the other soaps at the time.

by Anonymousreply 225March 23, 2022 7:02 PM

It would still be on the air today, if it had a better opening theme and had been called "The Capitol."

by Anonymousreply 226March 23, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote] Today is the 35th anniversary of the debut of Bold and Beautiful.

Better known as "Madama Tussauds on Ice"

by Anonymousreply 227March 23, 2022 10:25 PM

Was Krista Allen, who ate snatch and gave bj’s, ever on Capitol? Or was it Days? Now on B&B. Her titties are all over the internet as are her blowjob skills!

by Anonymousreply 228March 23, 2022 10:49 PM

R223, the theme sounds like something for the local evening news somewhere like Toledo.

Whenever I heard this I’d think how great it could have been for a Beverlee McKinsey AW spin-off set in DC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229March 23, 2022 11:05 PM

R228... yes, allen was on days and played "BILLIE" for a short time until lisa rinna came back...

and yes, as well, she was in alot of those late night soft porn cable movies (which sucks they stop making and showing on skin-a-max and showtime since they went "legit")..

by Anonymousreply 230March 23, 2022 11:51 PM

Both Maitland Ward (B&B) and Kelli McCarthy (Passions) did porn after their soap work.

by Anonymousreply 231March 24, 2022 12:20 AM

Kelli McCarty's sad brown bean was one of the nastiest sights I've ever been accidentally exposed to. There's something very damaged about her.

by Anonymousreply 232March 24, 2022 12:32 AM

Snatch eating lezzys have no place on daytime!

by Anonymousreply 233March 24, 2022 12:47 AM

You know, I'd originally stopped by to give this thread a good, old-fashioned kick in the cunt. Then I realized something: Dramas that take place in the Mid-Atlantic region just don't rate.

If you need me, I'll be kicking cunts in Springfield, Bay City, and Oakdale. Truly ancient queens can summon me to kick cunts in Monticello and Henderson threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 24, 2022 12:58 AM

We love ya, Ada!

No one can kick a cunt like you!

Hey, can you give Iris an extra kick next time you see her?

by Anonymousreply 235March 24, 2022 1:24 AM

I always kick Iris when I see her -- but only the Beverlee McKinsey version. That Australian woman was below my attention.

by Anonymousreply 236March 24, 2022 11:40 AM

Do we have a current P&G thread?

by Anonymousreply 237March 24, 2022 12:04 PM

For r237.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 24, 2022 12:05 PM

Ow, Ada!

That was my cooter!

by Anonymousreply 239March 27, 2022 2:19 AM

that Clegg and McCandless couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240March 27, 2022 4:16 PM

Notice the money quote in R38's magazine profile on Chris Durham:

"A fat person is a turn-off!"

by Anonymousreply 241March 28, 2022 6:54 PM

Thank you R238

by Anonymousreply 242March 28, 2022 6:57 PM

Did Chris Durham suck off Miss Jean Leclerc?

by Anonymousreply 243March 28, 2022 7:43 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 244March 29, 2022 11:55 AM

Jean was too busy hooking up with Kate Collins to pay Chris any attention.

by Anonymousreply 245March 29, 2022 1:15 PM

Capitol debuted in daytime 40 years ago today!

by Anonymousreply 246March 29, 2022 4:23 PM

Clarification: Capitol had a prime time debut on March 26, 1982. This was a Friday night debut, airing after Dallas.

Then, the following Monday -- March 29, 1982 -- the show debuted in daytime, airing between As the World Turns and Guiding Light.

Below is a nice write up of show's history, including both on-screen happenings and back-stage happenings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247March 29, 2022 4:28 PM

Did Johnny Conboy hook up with the many gay men he hired for the show?

by Anonymousreply 248March 29, 2022 6:42 PM

I imagine more 'straight' guys who were willing to be "gay for play."

by Anonymousreply 249March 29, 2022 8:20 PM

[QUOTE] Capitol debuted in daytime 40 years ago today!

And I don't look one day older today than I did then!

by Anonymousreply 250March 29, 2022 10:18 PM

The original Tyler and Julie were like an animated Ken and Barbie. David Mason Daniels is one of those guys who are so painfully handsome but lack any sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 251March 29, 2022 10:46 PM

Did any nudes leak?

by Anonymousreply 252March 29, 2022 10:59 PM

[QUOTE] David Mason Daniels is one of those guys who are so painfully handsome but lack any sex appeal.

Works well enough for me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 30, 2022 12:12 PM

Kathy Hayes. RIP Kiddo.

by Anonymousreply 254April 8, 2022 6:09 PM

Kathy Hayes? Yet another AIDS death for this soap?

by Anonymousreply 255April 8, 2022 6:28 PM

Oh wow

by Anonymousreply 256October 5, 2022 11:53 AM

The expression "Painfully handsome" is funny to me.

by Anonymousreply 257October 5, 2022 6:02 PM

I watched Capitol, it had great periods, but also really boring ones. However, I would love to watch again.

B&B’s early stories were early YR stories.

by Anonymousreply 258February 6, 2023 1:30 AM

It wasn't ever a really must watch show but in my humble opinion, it was a damn sight better than B&B, which has (save a few folks like Susan Flannery) been one of the worst soap operas to ever exist.

(And yet....it will be the last one on the air.)

by Anonymousreply 259February 6, 2023 1:44 AM

Capitol felt like old Hollywood with Constance Towers, Richard Egan, Rory Calhoun, Carolyn Jones, Julie Adams, Ed Nelson, etc., which was probably thanks to John Conboy. It was an interesting show. Too bad it was responsible for SFT's cancellation and, with its own cancellation, for the beginning of the wretched B&B.

by Anonymousreply 260February 6, 2023 2:06 AM

by Anonymousreply 261February 6, 2023 4:30 AM

I still fondly remember Leslie Graves who was quite sexy as Brenda Clegg. She died of AIDS at age 35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262February 7, 2023 4:12 PM

Who's the hot dude at r262?

by Anonymousreply 263February 7, 2023 4:16 PM

That's Bill Beyers R263. He played Wally McCandless. He was very cute. He died of AIDS in 1992.

by Anonymousreply 264February 9, 2023 12:10 AM

Before my time, but my mom still talks about it.

Is Nicholas Walker gay?

by Anonymousreply 265February 9, 2023 1:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!