Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt LeBlanc "smashing the scales at over 300 lbs"

He keeps getting bigger and bigger...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 22, 2022 9:38 PM

Marlon Brando did too

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2022 5:10 AM

I will always love him

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2022 5:12 AM

No wonder, Joey ate too much pizza.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2022 5:17 AM

He's a Big and Tall customer but I don't see 300 lbs. in the pictures provided. He's a healthy eater. And a handsome so and so, can't help it, I have a soft spot for the guy.

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2022 5:18 AM

Holy shit. Look at the pic around the middle of the article with a bunch of the cast in a selfie. Joey and Chandler look terrible like 90 year old gross pervs sitting at the bus station rubbing themselves while watching women walk by.

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2022 5:20 AM

When Chrissy Metz Matt.

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2022 5:20 AM

Joey doesn't share food!

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2022 5:23 AM

How you doing

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2022 5:24 AM

He should be imprisoned for squandering this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2022 5:24 AM

We're your friends now.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2022 5:24 AM

I’d still do him

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2022 5:25 AM

Why a hot daddy like Matt would let himself go is a mystery. Perhaps he was tired of both men and women coming onto him. It's a curse, you know

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2022 5:59 AM

He's a twig!

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2022 6:04 AM

It’s the Friends curse. They were greedy and now the universe is punishing them:

- Courtney - amnesia

- Jennifer - Barren and a spinster

- David - untalented and alone

- Lisa - hiding her pain

- Matt - obese

- Chandler - alcoholic

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2022 6:04 AM

[quote]Matt LeBlanc "smashing the scales at over 300 lbs"

Feed him! He's starving!

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2022 6:05 AM

Dad bod. I’d eat that ass.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2022 6:06 AM

OP likes his men like this. This is his obsession!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2022 6:10 AM

Eww, is that a mannequin R17? Some sort of sex doll cursed with life?

Matt looks OK. I like guys a bit chunky.

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2022 6:38 AM

[quote]Matt LeBlanc Allegedly ‘Smashing The Scales’ At Over 300 Pounds After Breakup;

Would that be the breakup with his "Manager"

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2022 6:56 AM

Does he still have the penis piercing?

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2022 8:39 AM

R18 He is a Tulsa meteorologist, Op started a thread on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2022 8:46 AM

If he can find a rock-hard bottom to hit, more power to him.

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2022 8:49 AM

David Schwimmer could get it.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2022 9:08 AM

^ He could, but I doubt if he does, he's such a putz

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2022 9:35 AM

I am partial to the odd chunkster, so I’ll take Matt LeBlanc if no one else wants him.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2022 10:01 AM

^ No, I still want him, but he's going on a strict diet once I get him

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2022 10:16 AM

I find no interest in pointing out that someone has gained a bunch of weight, or find any glee in it, nor does it inspire concern when that person is a stranger.

Generally, weight gain happens due to some kind of struggle. And I don't like to see people struggle, whether or not they're a good person.

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2022 10:23 AM

Too much meat trifle.

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2022 10:26 AM

R27 you are good kind to be commenting on DL. You aren't bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2022 10:26 AM

[Quote] you are good kind to be commenting

You talk pretty.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2022 10:33 AM

We have been duly admonished. Someone is taking notes for the teacher. No more Fat Matt jokes...

*snicker*

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2022 10:56 AM

Who's his gf?

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2022 10:57 AM

^ Some guy named Bear

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2022 10:59 AM

Wait. I thought Matt was a Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2022 11:01 AM

Honestly, I still see enough remnants of hot Joey, he's still doable. I also don't see the 300+ pounds either, that is a way too exaggerated scale mark. Chunkie is good on cute guys, and he's still cute. I'd pinch him everywhere, a crawfish pinch, chubby is cute on him. Ugly guys are fat, cute guys are chubby. You may quote me. Matt can bring it to my New Orleans boudoir anytime. :-)

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2022 11:01 AM

Beefy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2022 11:03 AM

"Wait. I thought Matt was a Daddy? "

He's a Daddy Bear

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2022 11:04 AM

R36, exactly, beefy is good, another Kevin James in the middle. lol Matt looks good to me.

by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2022 11:05 AM

Just a reminder of where we peaked and where we started...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2022 11:30 AM

Time, Gravity & Matter remain undefeated.

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2022 11:45 AM

He went into a chicken place and said "I want a bucket of chicken" and they said "What size?" and he said "The one on the roof".

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2022 12:10 PM

Surprisingly, David Schwimmer aged very well and is looking good and hot for his age compared to his male costars. I thought he was odd looking during the Friends years, but damn, he looks at least 10-15 years younger than Matt LeBlanc and Chandler and a million times healthier and hotter these days.

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2022 2:27 PM

Dear god, he looks like Kevin James with a beard in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 43March 15, 2022 2:41 PM

He smashed right through rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 44March 15, 2022 2:47 PM

Matt LeBlanc and David Schwimmer still look attractive. Even with the fat, Matt has a pleasant face. He just needs to diet and work out to return to his hotness. Matthew Perry was never goodlooking and looks even worse now.

by Anonymousreply 45March 15, 2022 2:57 PM

OP- He reminds me of the guy from Law And Order: Criminal Intent. He was a bit dumpy when the show went on the air and got real tubby by the time it went off the air. Today he's over 300 pounds too I would say- Vincent D'Ornofrio.

by Anonymousreply 46March 15, 2022 3:01 PM

Matt is just fat but he looks the same with the same charming handsome face. Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston on the other hand had so much work done that they can't emote anymore and it's jarring in their recent projects. Both don't eat either. David Schwimmer and Lisa Kudrow seem the most well-adjusted in that they look like they took care of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 47March 15, 2022 3:05 PM

He's got 80 million bucks$$. He looks like a fucking Adonis.

by Anonymousreply 48March 15, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote] It’s the Friends curse. They were greedy and now the universe is punishing them:

Bullshit! ‘Greedy?’ They weren’t robbing an orphanage! The studio and network made BILLIONS off their show; they had every right to a share of that massive success!

by Anonymousreply 49March 15, 2022 4:07 PM

Only Jennifer Aniston fits the greedy bill.

by Anonymousreply 50March 15, 2022 4:15 PM

^ Well, she's a lonely old lady now, so there's that

by Anonymousreply 51March 15, 2022 4:27 PM

I never saw Friends when it was on originally. But at the start of covid I discovered Episodes, the British-American sitcom Matt was in. I thought he was terrific in it. They frequently referenced his Joey character and even made light of his weight gain since Friends.

by Anonymousreply 52March 15, 2022 4:36 PM

I know people don't feel sympathy because the cast of Friends are loaded. But they had a right to that money as did the writers, directors and teams involved. These networks and corporations are the true greedy pigs. If NBC could they would easily pay these actors in pennies with no guilt. So I don't get mad that the talent demands a large pay no matter how outrageous because without there's no show. Plus the CEOs are the ones taking home the largest paycheck

by Anonymousreply 53March 15, 2022 4:45 PM

Matt still has those big muscular arms and chest. I'd ride that belly.

by Anonymousreply 54March 15, 2022 4:51 PM

Did anyone really care about that HBO Friends reunion? It was hyped to the heavens and then....nothing? Did anyone watch, is anyone clamoring for more?

Beyond money, I'm sure those actors were hoping to generate some interest from the audience in seeing them perform onscreen again, either solo or together. Does anyone want to see Matt LeBlanc or any of the rest of them on TV again?

by Anonymousreply 55March 15, 2022 5:00 PM

Did JA really fuck him while she was married to BP?

Very old rumor. Always wondered if it really happened.

by Anonymousreply 56March 15, 2022 5:00 PM

Not one of the pics in that article or in the subsequent thread show a person over 250 pounds. He's fat but he's not approaching 300 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 57March 15, 2022 5:05 PM

He was best at just this size.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 15, 2022 5:16 PM

He hongry! He wasted his sexy physique. Should have been showing that beefy bod back in the day. But he comes across as asexual or something. Zero sex appeal..

by Anonymousreply 59March 15, 2022 5:23 PM

How youuuuu doingggg , Matt? Poor lamb.

by Anonymousreply 60March 15, 2022 5:25 PM

I've seen David in person- he's actually hot AF. I was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 61March 15, 2022 5:38 PM

R61 That must've been the 1990s then.

by Anonymousreply 62March 15, 2022 5:39 PM

Matt needs to buy stronger scales.

by Anonymousreply 63March 15, 2022 5:42 PM

Matt LeBlanc was at his sexiest in the underrated Episodes. His skinny Joey body had thiccened into that of a silver fox daddy and the deep tan set everything off.

by Anonymousreply 64March 15, 2022 5:43 PM

Marta Kaufman and David Crane created critically acclaimed stuff like Dream On and later Episodes. I think the concept for Friends was innovative at the time but they were probably pressured by NBC to dumb it down, also de-Jewish it and make it less NYC (it was basically a younger version of Seinfeld) which did make it a huge success. But I wonder if the creators were given more freedom and maybe it was aired on a cable network instead, would the writing have been sharper and funnier. I think like with That 70s Show and How I Met Your Mother, Friends was just very lucky to have that cast with excellent chemistry and timing to compensate for lackluster writing.

by Anonymousreply 65March 15, 2022 5:54 PM

Should Matt LeBlanc have played Elvis?

by Anonymousreply 66March 15, 2022 5:55 PM

He looked so good in the recent series EPISODES. Age appropriate, not holding on to a slippery youth, middle aged adult but in good shape. He was damn good in the show. I hope this report is exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 67March 15, 2022 6:19 PM

More to Love!

by Anonymousreply 68March 15, 2022 6:29 PM

When his shadow emerged in the doorway on the Friends reunion, I said who the fuck is that. He wasn't on the show! This mfer is HUGE. haha.

by Anonymousreply 69March 15, 2022 6:30 PM

She's always been a rock bottom.

by Anonymousreply 70March 15, 2022 7:10 PM

[Quote]Did anyone really care about that HBO Friends reunion? It was hyped to the heavens and then....nothing? Did anyone watch? Is anyone clamoring for more?

No one cared bc it was just an interview with the whole cast. When you think of a reunion, most people would expect new episodes and see what the characters' lives are like 15 years later. Like the SATC reboot. If the cast won't commit to a 6-10 episodes reboot, they could have filmed a 2 hour Thanksgiving special or something. This was just an extended interview so no one cared. I bet an actual 2 hour Friends special would easily get 20+ million viewers.

by Anonymousreply 71March 15, 2022 7:15 PM

They should do a reboot with Chandler being gay and Joey being bisexual and a couple like the writers wanted it.

by Anonymousreply 72March 15, 2022 8:17 PM

^ I would have actually watched that story line

by Anonymousreply 73March 15, 2022 8:19 PM

From what I know it was supposed to be Courteney Cox's TV show originally since she was the most known, had an established acting career and very beautiful to boot. About Monica, a young professional Gen Xer making it on her own. And Matt LeBlanc, who also was in a lot of TV shows and commercials was the co-lead love interest for Monica's character. They would have been a hot couple if that happened. Ross, Rachel, Phoebe and Chandler were supposed to be supporting roles. But they decided to make the show an ensemble cast with six main characters. I imagine if it stuck to that dynamic, Chandler would have stayed gay since he was only recurring. There were hints early on in the first season but it was abandoned.

by Anonymousreply 74March 15, 2022 8:25 PM

The comment in the article that he is depressed because none of the cast members want to hang out with him is weird. They worked together. I work closely with a lot of people - doesn't mean we have to spend free time together. I am completely indifferent to most of them and I expect the feeling is mutual.

by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2022 8:31 PM

He seems like a nice, unassuming person with a very laid-back demeanor. The rest of the cast comes across as pretentious and ambitious and would seek out similar personalities. Most people make their friends at work but I agree a lot of it is very high school-like where you only hang out with them due to proximity and inertia not out of having anything in common. I think Matt is better off without them and he needs to realize it and not be down about it.

by Anonymousreply 76March 15, 2022 8:42 PM

I think R65 is correct. A lot of the criticism of the show was that it was sooo vanilla. I always liked it but felt like there were so many missed opportunities to spice it up.

by Anonymousreply 77March 15, 2022 9:42 PM

[quote]Friends was just very lucky to have that cast with excellent chemistry and timing to compensate for lackluster writing.

Exactly. The show was successful due to the cast. So I don’t have any problem with the cast negotiating for fair compensation throughout the show’s run. All the criticism that the cast was too “greedy” is way off-base.

by Anonymousreply 78March 15, 2022 10:58 PM

By all accounts, the women are real friends and the guys are just friendly.

by Anonymousreply 79March 15, 2022 11:07 PM

I don’t remember him.

by Anonymousreply 80March 15, 2022 11:17 PM

In the gay bar bigotry thread, there are endless comments about how the guy is fat and shouldn't expect any attention, and how fat guys are gross and that's the reason why theyre rejected, fat guys shouldn't expect anybody to ever look at them sexually etc etc.

But here it's, I'd still do himm, I'd do him, fuck yeah he's still sexy, I don't care how fat he is I'd still do him, on and on.

So which one is it?

by Anonymousreply 81March 15, 2022 11:24 PM

DLers love straight guys, R81. That's the difference.

by Anonymousreply 82March 15, 2022 11:28 PM

All that money and he can't hire a trainer to make him sweat for more than the effort to paw through his fridge?

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2022 11:41 PM

Only Matt can play Rerun (in blackface, of course) in the What's Happening reboot. I want to see fat Matty/Rerun running after the pickup truck in the opening credits!

by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2022 11:45 PM

I've had a low-key crush on him since I first saw him in the backdoor pilot for the "Married with Children" spinoff back in 1991. When "Friends" started, he was the sole reason I would have watched, but the other five were so annoyingly smug in photos, I couldn't bring myself to watch and hear their voices. There was also the fact people carried on like the show was the Second Coming of Christ. A group of friends live in the same building and share their trials and triumphs- they were hardly reinventing the wheel. Sometimes I think I'm the only person on the planet who has never seen a single episode. I've never seen "Episodes", and I'm willing to give that a shot. I also have a fetish for good-looking guys who gain weight, so this whole "Fatt LeBlimp" thing is right up my street. I would let Fat Matt do whatever he wanted to me and make me do whatever to him.

That being said, this poor guy looks neither healthy nor happy. The shining brown puppy dog eyes are dull and lifeless. The smile looks forced and carved into an over ripe pumpkin. Judging by OP's photo and others, he looks like he's been turned into a human water balloon, which means heart problems. He looks like he has trouble breathing. Also, the shape of his belly seems to indicate liver problems. I hope he hasn't given up and decided to just let Nature take its course; he's not so bad off he can't make some life-saving changes. It would be a shame if he were the first to kick the bucket from that awful show.

by Anonymousreply 85March 16, 2022 2:19 AM

Did any of you see his episodes of RED SHOE DIARIES? He was a sexless twink.

by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2022 2:54 AM

Why is no one commenting or speculating on the articles mention his breakup what his "partner"? Who was it? Male? Female?

by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2022 2:55 AM

[quote]In the gay bar bigotry thread, there are endless comments about how the guy is fat and shouldn't expect any attention, and how fat guys are gross and that's the reason why theyre rejected, fat guys shouldn't expect anybody to ever look at them sexually etc etc...So which one is it?

He has a fortune of upwards of $60 million and he's still earning residuals...

You do the Math, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 88March 16, 2022 3:07 AM

Joey is just his Vinnie Verducci character from Married... with Children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2022 3:09 AM

We've all gained weight during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2022 3:10 AM

He still has hair.

by Anonymousreply 91March 16, 2022 3:10 AM

Everyone seems to be missing the most telling sentence in that article: "Matt Leblanc recently split from his partner of several years."

Partner. Not girlfriend. Not wife. The Globe is trying to tell us he's gay without actually saying it.

by Anonymousreply 92March 16, 2022 3:17 AM

^ Thanks, Rose...we thought he was running away with the au pair.

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2022 3:27 AM

He looks good, perhaps he could lose 40-50 pounds, but he is no way close to 300 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2022 3:34 AM

@r81, "So which one is it? "

Here's a clue, all Gay men are not of the same mind like deplorable white fake Christians

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2022 3:39 AM

Matt is unhealthy. Way too fat.

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2022 4:03 AM

R81, one wild possibility? Not every DLer thinks alike? Some people are repulsed by a guy ten pounds overweight. Some are turned on by it.

Some guys are attracted to Matt and his weight gain isn't a barrier. Some think the opposite. Some might have an entirely different opinion than either!

I know, I know. This is all so difficult to grasp! You can do it though!

by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2022 5:22 AM

drugs, depression or food?

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2022 5:25 AM

He probably has the sugar.

by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2022 11:53 AM

He split with a civilian?

by Anonymousreply 100March 16, 2022 12:19 PM

I don’t understand how someone as rich as he is doesn’t have a trainer and prepared meals.

At least that’s my excuse for being fat.

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2022 12:42 PM

He can also afford a home gym. If I have one, his fat ass definitely can afford one.

by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2022 12:52 PM

Perhaps he's decided to embrace his inner bear and has gone full grizzly

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2022 12:54 PM

For those that haven't seen it yet, 'Episodes' is excellent. Creative and smart writing. Terrific actors. Matt is very good and very funny.

Laugh out loud funny. A show for adults.

Very underrated show.

Go watch it.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2022 1:08 PM

^^^I hope you're getting paid.

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2022 1:13 PM

R105

Nope. I think a lot of TV is junk. 'Episodes' was great.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2022 1:30 PM

Me want food.

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2022 1:39 PM

Matt LeBlanc should perhaps change his name to Matt LeChubby

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2022 1:43 PM

Matt LeBloated

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2022 1:47 PM

is it food, booze, or both? I feel empathy. I hope he turns it around.

by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2022 2:42 PM

r109 r110

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2022 3:10 PM

R111 🤢🤮 R111 😵‍💫 r111🥸🥸🥸 R111🐷🐷💩💩💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2022 3:15 PM

The closet eats.

He looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2022 3:27 PM

He was the mostly likable of the 3 males on Friends, and I'm loyal. More to love!

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2022 3:45 PM

Joey was the only funny male on the show too. I never thought Chandler or Ross were funny, just dicks.

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2022 3:56 PM

I like daddy bear Matt better than twink Matt.

by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2022 4:08 PM

Matt LeFatt

by Anonymousreply 117March 16, 2022 11:58 PM

Woody Woodpecker was better and funnier than Friends.

by Anonymousreply 118March 17, 2022 12:14 AM

I liked the porn version, "Woody's Wood Pecker"

by Anonymousreply 119March 17, 2022 4:37 AM

Matt LeChonk

by Anonymousreply 120March 17, 2022 10:02 AM

I still find him incredibly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 121March 17, 2022 10:12 AM

^ You should move to the midwest, most men look like him

by Anonymousreply 122March 17, 2022 12:01 PM

Friends should get a darker reboot similar to Fresh Prince. Make it more gay too. Monica and Chandler's obvious lavender marriage was a fail.

by Anonymousreply 123March 17, 2022 12:09 PM

If he ever decides to slim down, he'll look old and wrinkly. Fat people look like they have better skin because they're all filled up/out.

by Anonymousreply 124March 17, 2022 4:21 PM

I know a woman who is 300 lbs. She complains about her husband occasionally mocking her weight, but it never ever occurs to her that she should lose weight. Instead, she puts her energy into suppressing other people’s speech. She also doesn’t get that gaining that extra 150 lbs over the course of their marriage could legitimately be regarded as a deal breaker.

by Anonymousreply 125March 17, 2022 5:33 PM

Never understood the attraction to him thin or fat. He doesn't have nice eyes and has a horrible nose job

by Anonymousreply 126March 17, 2022 5:43 PM

Who in the Friends cast didn't get plastic surgery? I assume Matthew Perry since he looks the worst

by Anonymousreply 127March 17, 2022 5:45 PM

Lisa's work is the best.

by Anonymousreply 128March 17, 2022 5:48 PM

Sorry, when I hear someone is smashing something it sounds like they're fucking it, and so "smashing the scales" sounds like he is having sex with a device for weighing things.

And he is doing it while fat.

by Anonymousreply 129March 17, 2022 5:49 PM

Episodes was a riot. I laughed out loud at least twice an episode.

I’ll give Matt LeBlanc credit for being willing to look ridiculous for a laugh. The one where he was fired from hosting a reality show for having footage leaked of him having sex with a contestant who was in a glass cube was insane.

by Anonymousreply 130March 17, 2022 8:17 PM

He looked like a cute nerd in high school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 18, 2022 2:02 AM

Watched some clips of Friends, David Schwimmer is actually very handsome in motion. He just looks awkward in still photos. Jennifer Aniston's attractiveness is heavily dependent on her hairstyle that takes softens her her chin, ears and nose. Blonde is terrible on her.

by Anonymousreply 132March 18, 2022 11:35 PM

I likes em big.

by Anonymousreply 133March 18, 2022 11:46 PM

[quote]I think the concept for Friends was innovative at the time but they were probably pressured by NBC to dumb it down, also de-Jewish it and make it less NYC (it was basically a younger version of Seinfeld) which did make it a huge success.

There was nothing innovative about Friends. Living Single debuted on FOX in the fall of 93 and generated a ton of buzz for FOX, where it quickly became the number one rated show among black audiences. Warren Littlefield saw those numbers and thought he could have similar success with a version made for NBC catered to "Middle America" (AKA White) audiences.

So Friends comes along and the press, clueless as it was, acted like it was some phenomenon, when they already had TWO similar ensemble twenty something shows already on the air (Ellen's These Friends of Mine debuted in the spring of 94 as well)

Friends is nothing like Seinfeld, but it owes a HUGE debt of gratitude to Living Single.

Ellen's show was more of a Seinfeld clone.

by Anonymousreply 134March 18, 2022 11:59 PM

Matt could carve out a career as a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 135March 19, 2022 12:00 AM

[quote]Holy shit. Look at the pic around the middle of the article with a bunch of the cast in a selfie. Joey and Chandler look terrible like 90 year old gross pervs sitting at the bus station rubbing themselves while watching women walk by.

LeBlanc looks like a grey haired Guy Fieri in this picture.

Does Matthew Perry have dentures?

David Schwimmer looks like a different person without the bushy eyebrows, he looks "good" but he's too smooth and shiny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 19, 2022 12:01 AM

R136 Courteney's botox face still looks more beautiful than Jen who is now looking mannish.

by Anonymousreply 137March 19, 2022 12:05 AM

Friends took from both Living Single and Seinfeld. I don't think it's a rip-off of both because all three shows are distinctive and pop culture fixtures. I think Living Single's issue was it was on FOX which limited its audience. FOX had a few breakthrough hits like The Simpsons, The X-Files and 90210 at the time but it seemed its sitcoms took a while to grow. Married with Children, Living Single and Martin are known but not widely so to the extent that ABC, NBC and CBS sitcoms of the same era were.

by Anonymousreply 138March 19, 2022 12:14 AM

It's funny how Married with Children mocked NBC a lot and it's wholesome image. The working title for MWC was "Not The Cosbys" and Al's favorite show, "Psycho Dad" was basically a take-that to The Cosby Show. Fresh Prince and Friends were also punching bags in particular. Tiffani Amber-Thiessen played basically an evil version of Kelly Kapowski (from Saved by the Bell, an NBC show) in one episode just to get humiliated by Kelly at the end. And to bring it on topic, Matt LeBlanc appeared on MWC as Vinnie Verducci and got two failed spin-offs on Fox about his Vinnie character. He played the same exact character on Friends as Joey. There was an episode of MWC where entire episode where Al is annoyed that Friends is the only thing on TV to watch and additionally served as a backdoor pilot to a failed spin-off called Enemies. Irony is Christina Applegate later got her own sitcom on NBC called Jesse which had the same creators as Friends and she later appeared as Rachel's sister on Friends.

by Anonymousreply 139March 19, 2022 12:29 AM

Matt may have whitened his teeth and had some botox, but he didn't have a nose job or any other plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 140March 19, 2022 7:24 AM

^ Yeah, well he may want to consider some liposuction

by Anonymousreply 141March 19, 2022 9:05 AM

[quote]Jennifer Aniston's attractiveness is heavily dependent on her hairstyle that takes softens her her chin, ears and nose.

People underestimate the ability of great hair to turn a 5 into an 8.

by Anonymousreply 142March 19, 2022 1:46 PM

^ then into a scary -4 as she ages

by Anonymousreply 143March 19, 2022 2:10 PM

R27 I agree with you. His weight gain is a cry of pain. Whatever is going on with Matt, it’s been going on for a long time, he started gaining weight while still on Friends. He was no longer believable as a womanizer or a daytime heartthrob. He got it together for Lost I. space. Trim, muscular. He could play macho manly action dude with a boyish playful side. The movie tanked but what Matt had going would have translated well to the action hero movie genre, but no, not after he let himself go. I called it career suicide by fork. I feel for him. He needs to check himself into the best, most luxe weight loss fitness resort his money can buy. Someplace where he can stay till he knocks off about 80 pounds and that can also offer psychological counseling, good psychological counseling, not some la la land froo froo I’m on you’re ok BEE ESS. I’m a fan, I wish him well.

by Anonymousreply 144March 19, 2022 2:31 PM

The failure of the Joey spinoff must have hurt his ego. Honestly none of the Friends cast had that look for movies. Except for Courteney Cox who was actually in movies and was beautiful before she ruined her face. Maybe Matt could have been a Brendan Fraser type, pretty boy doing action comedies. Jennifer Aniston is only still in movies because of Brad Pitt and the aftermath and slso she is friends with all the right people who will keep investing in making her happen in Hollywood despite flopping.

by Anonymousreply 145March 19, 2022 2:50 PM

R134 is the “Friends was stolen from Living Single” troll. No, Littlefield wasn’t looking at Living Single and thinking about stealing it. He was deliberately trying to make a show that courted advertiser friendly groups and Kaufman/Crane came up with an original idea. Living Single has never and will never be mentioned by Littlefield, Kaufman, Crane, Bright or anyone involved with the genesis of Friends because it was totally irrelevant. And Living Single was a show about four single women, not a co-ed group of six men and women with appeal to both sexes. If anything ripped anything off, you could say Living Single ripped off The Golden Girls which was an NBC show.

The uncomfortable truth that drives people crazy is that Friends has been a global phenomenon for close to thirty years that is only growing in popularity that has succeeded almost exclusively without any significant contribution from people or color. It really grinds their gears that there’s something successful that isn’t going out of its way to kiss their ass or act like they’re victims. So they decide to go the “Elvis stole Hound Dog” act and claim ownership. It’s dumb, transparent, and very trashy.

If Living Single was so fucking influential then why isn’t there a single moment from it in pop culture that people can point to?

by Anonymousreply 146March 19, 2022 2:58 PM

R146 Friends was a mediocre show. It's popular because it's accessible, the humor is broad and slapstick which translates easily to foreign audiences. I don't see the point of your rant. You sound like a MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 147March 19, 2022 3:01 PM

If he blows up will we have a link to the spontaneous combustion thread? Not that I wish that.

by Anonymousreply 148March 19, 2022 3:10 PM

Lmao. There's nothing "going on" with Matt Leblanc. He's just a lazy rich fat pig who wants to keep eating and do nothing about it. It's pretty simple.

by Anonymousreply 149March 19, 2022 3:20 PM

So was Jennifer fucking half of the Friends cast according to DL? Schwimmer, LeBlanc, Cox...

by Anonymousreply 150March 20, 2022 10:37 AM

I believe the Matt story, the rest, who knows. I think she and Cox were just good friends.

by Anonymousreply 151March 20, 2022 3:24 PM

Matt likes to smash with other big gay bears...

by Anonymousreply 152March 21, 2022 2:41 AM

I never heard any rumors about Matt being gay, until this thread. He has been single for 15-years now.

by Anonymousreply 153March 21, 2022 8:24 AM

He's been linked with someone in recent years. Beard or not.

by Anonymousreply 154March 21, 2022 9:25 AM

[quote]I never heard any rumors about Matt being gay, until this thread

Dear Helen Keller, you are so brave...

I'm not even going to mock you here

by Anonymousreply 155March 22, 2022 1:10 AM

None of the photos posted on this thread show a man anywhere near 300 lbs. I'd say 220 tops.

by Anonymousreply 156March 22, 2022 1:13 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 157March 22, 2022 7:42 AM

Honestly go to NYC and you'll see the world of Living Single, Cosby Show and Spike Lee and you'll see the world of Friends, Girls, and Sex and The City. Honestly, most people self-segregate though of course, these TV shows and movies overexaggerate the extent (you cannot avoid seeing every skin color and income level in NYC). But they represented both sides of the self-segregation that some people (not all) will do usually do various factors (culture, income, race, occupation). Friends and Seinfeld represented the world of white rich Jewish New Yorkers which they would hang amongst themselves.

by Anonymousreply 158March 22, 2022 9:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!